[GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

The Anvil, Corkscrew, and Thundercloud galaxies.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Chef Icky » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:51 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 69/43%
JIC: 1d100 = 80/1d20 = 13

- ISP: 40/48 at the end of this post

((OOC: Icky carries two days' worth of rations/water. He'll pass out all the rations and half the water.))

Icky sets himself to work assisting Metri as best he can. As each patient leaves he pats them on the shoulder and says "Dionysus bless ya. Take care, now." I guess that's what priests do, he shrugs to himself. Wish I had paid more attention when on shore leave. I wonder if Juan's ever had any priests? He doesn't seem the type that would necessarily want them... but maybe I should ask him at some point. He might at least have an idea of some stuff I should be doing. He's roused from his musings by the gate guard and his backup goon squad walking up.

Dark Lord wrote:”Lissen here, fella- this lot is private property. Mr. Bedlam don’t mind lettin’ you do whatever it is you’re doing here, but you gotta pay the rent same as everyone else. Dat’ll be 250 credits, cash up front.”


Icky draws himself up to his full height and gives a slow glance at his own squad before turning back to the bruisers. Yep, figured this was gonna happen sooner or later. "Oi, chummers, tell yer boss not ta worry 'bout us..." he puts on his friendliest smirk. "We ain't gonna be 'ere too long an' ain't lookin' fer trouble, jus' goin' 'round tryin' ta 'elp people what needs it. Soon as ol' Doc Boog 'ere's done all he can, we'll be on our merry way again."

Whaddya think, Boog? he sends to Metri. Got any good magic zaps that'll incapacitate them without doing much real harm in case this thing goes fecal?

He rolls his eyes inwardly. Well, might as well let the telepathic cat out of the duffel bag. Oi, Meatball? Icky. How you want to play this? You know this 'Bedlam' doofus, or do we let violence ensue?

((OOC: Activating Telepathy again))
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Metri » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:56 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 33 | 39%
JIC: 1d20 = 13| 1d100 = 47%
-----------------------------------
Earlier
Chef Icky wrote:Remember those Raksashas that had copied Thraxus' image the night of the invasion? It's like she's trying to do something like that but she's got some details wrong. Yeah, it's like she's trying to copy a humie but doing it from memory, or pictures, or something. Boog -- what if she's not the real Haad lady, assuming she's a real person to begin with? If that's the case, then who is she really? And why infiltrate the resistance?

Icky's insight is met with a wave of astonishment mentally conveying awe of the minotaur's investigative chops.

Raksashas. Demonic shapeshifters. Hmm. You may be onto something there. I did not intuit a supernatural evil or a discreet destroyer of life aura from Haad. But such things may be temporarily hidden, suppressed, or disguised. A shapeshifter of any sort is quite the intriguing prospect. If we are to assume that she is a shapeshifter and able to obscure her true nature... how can we confirm our suspicions? Certainly there should be something more elegant than 'punch her in the face and see if she reverts to her natural form'. But I am drawing a blank. Any ideas?

Later, at the camp
Metri wipes the light perspiration from his brow as he scrambles between patients trying to give comfort where he can. This sort of work fills his heart with warmth that is lacking when going about the business of smiting demons and their ilk. The Yhabbayar relishes in the small smiles of relief he sees in some of his patients' eyes and uses it to renew his internal vigor.

Dark Lord wrote:About 20 minutes pass, whereupon the bruiser guarding the gate along with three similarly intimidating fellows stride over, push their way through the line (not that the locals need much incentive to let them pass), and interrupt Metri with his patient. ”Lissen here, fella- this lot is private property. Mr. Bedlam don’t mind lettin’ you do whatever it is you’re doing here, but you gotta pay the rent same as everyone else. Dat’ll be 250 credits, cash up front.” Seeronian credits, you surmise.

"Mmm, yes yess. Two hundred and fifty credits. Cash. yesss." Metri agrees when confronted by the bruiser and its buddies. With exaggerated motions, he rifles through his robes searching his pockets. Moments later, he manages to produce and place into the bruiser's outstretched hand: a damp torn rag, an unusually large ball of lint the size of a quarter, and a purple button that does not match his off-white wardrobe. Looking up at the bruiser with innocent saucer-shaped eyes, Metri rolls his shoulders and splays his arms in a helpless shrug.

"Sufficient that is, hmmm?" the Yhabbayar seems to taunt, before gently patting the bruiser's forearm and blatantly turning his back on the fellow, returning his attention to the patient.

Chef Icky wrote:Whaddya think, Boog? he sends to Metri. Got any good magic zaps that'll incapacitate them without doing much real harm in case this thing goes fecal?

Actually, I was thinking of going the other way with this. His boss is clearly someone of importance in this area. And getting dragged in there by one of his hired muscle would be a quick way to get an audience. Fancy a fight? And fancy throwing that fight?

Should the bruiser not take enough offense to Metri's bartering skills, the Yhabbayar will attempt to escalate the situation. "Ask Mr. Bedlam: spend not all in one place, hmm?"
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Mara » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:24 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 98 / 65% (95% when dealing with vampires or undead)
JiC: 1d20 = 15 1d100 = 23

Conditions: Charm Gem

Mara just tries to stay out of the way unless needed letting Metri and Icky do there thing. Looks like these two have this handled. I am just in the way. Wonder if I should head back out to the marketplace? She smiles as the toughs come to them and she almost can't contain a laugh when Metri hands them a button after the request for coin. Before Icky beats down the toughs, she steps between them and holds her hand behind her back in the hold up motion to Icky. Her charm gem sparkles as she activates the Charm function (-3 save; -10 ppe) She smiles and in her best teenage accent, "Soooo, what do you know about all the poor biofreaks disappearing? Like, are you involved in their disappearance? Can you take me to someone who may know more about it?"
Mara Archerean

PPE: 104 / 288
ISP: 73 / 85
MDC: 170/381
H.F.: 14
Heart in Chains Tattoo: 0/450 MDC(inactive)

Constant: Sixth Sense

Soundtrack:
''Zombie'' by Damned Anthem
Evanescence - Bring Me To Life (Ghost in the Machine Remix)
Adele vs. Linkin Park - Set Fire To The End
Tomorrow We Fight
User avatar
Mara
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:25 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Metri » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:11 am

((rolls carried over))

Seeing others (Juan and Mara) moving in to his rescue, Metri quickly activates his telepathy ((Telepathy: Superior)) and reaches out to their minds.

These bruisers' boss is clearly someone of importance around here. My plan is to try to gain an audience with this boss... Mr. Bedlam. For that, I thought the bruisers might be more inclined to throw the rabble, me, in front of their boss after a healthy scuffle that they... win? Fancy throwing the fight?
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Starchief » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:22 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 27/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 12/1d100 = 57

Starchief smiles on the inside, losing himself in the assistance his crew is able to offer the people of his homeworld. But no good deed can go unpunished.

Chef Icky wrote:
Dark Lord wrote:”Lissen here, fella- this lot is private property. Mr. Bedlam don’t mind lettin’ you do whatever it is you’re doing here, but you gotta pay the rent same as everyone else. Dat’ll be 250 credits, cash up front.”

"Oi, chummers, tell yer boss not ta worry 'bout us..." he puts on his friendliest smirk. "We ain't gonna be 'ere too long an' ain't lookin' fer trouble, jus' goin' 'round tryin' ta 'elp people what needs it. Soon as ol' Doc Boog 'ere's done all he can, we'll be on our merry way again."

We can't let some low rate crime lord profit from what we're doing here. But we also can't make a scene. Damnit!

Chef Icky wrote:Oi, Meatball? Icky. How you want to play this? You know this 'Bedlam' doofus, or do we let violence ensue?

Starchief's face contorts out of surprise. Icky? You... you're a headtalker now? Sorry, caught me by surprise. Not used to that. Don't know Bedlam. Let's offer to pay the man inside, away from prying eyes.

Starchief starts to step up to the bruisers but sees Metri take their attention. Let's see how this plays out...



Unused dice roll
1d100 = 56/92%
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image

Ledger
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
 
Posts: 461
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Dark Lord » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:25 am

In the marketplace, Sorrenson tags one shifty looking fellow and, realizing that he left his commlink at home, telepathically reaches out to Oradro to notify him. The towering Seljuk doesn’t spot the man to whom Sorrenson refers, so instead continues to try his best to remain unobtrusive and makes his way to the techno-wizard’s side. Sorrenson, meanwhile, casually makes his way to one end of the market keeping one eye on his target and another out for suitable spell foci. Along the way, he activates his magical protection ((-10 PPE)), keeping his cloak clutched close to conceal the glowing magical armor from most casual inspection. He also spots a small length of twine, discarded in one of the many refuse piles in the vicinity, that should serve as an adequate focus for the magic net incantation.

Meanwhile, Kaedras waxes charismatic (if not exactly charming) as he tries to convince the Seerman to remain here while the elf searches for his friend. With a sad sigh, the fellow nods, murmurs ”I’ll be here, then. Please hurry.” and shuffles off. Kaedras exits the alley a few moments later, spots Sorrenson and Oradro, and moves over to them. Along the way he surreptitiously examines the device the Seerman planted- it is small (the size of a pebble), and clearly electronic in nature, but Kaedras cannot otherwise deduce anything of its function. The three of you convene, and Sorrenson points out his target to Oradro. As you watch, the shifty-looking man hands the bio-freak a small object and says something to him. The bio-freak nods, then moves off. He walks over to a nearby food stall (a lower-quality one than the meatball lady’s, to judge by its appearance), buys something, then makes for one of the exits off of the square while eating furtively. The shifty fellow casts another look around the marketplace, including in your direction, then begins hurriedly walking in the opposite direction, also out of the square.

In the encampment, Metri’s healing tent is doing a brisk business. Juan does what he can to help the Yhabbayar out, but he doesn’t spy any useful materials at hand and so is limited in what he can do. He does, however, lay his hands on a couple of the less-disgusting-looking patients and both perk up slightly afterwards ((-20 ISP)). Meanwhile, Icky finishes passing out all of the rations and water he can spare- both are gone in a twinkling, and it’s clear that there isn’t nearly enough to go around. He and Metri also confer telepathically on the minotaur’s hypothesis regarding Haad, only to be interrupted by the goon squad. Icky initially tries to de-escalate the situation, with minimal success judging by their expressions. Mara, who has been hanging back during the healing operations, takes the opportunity to subtly activate the charm gem on her headband ((-10 PPE)) and interrogates one of the goons directly. At first, he blinks and shakes his head confusedly, then snorts in answer to her question. ”Lady, you seen dis place? Not a lotta permanent addresses around here, people disappear all the time. I wouldn’t say anybody’s missin’ ‘em, though. Damn biofreaks.”

Metri, meanwhile, sees the goons’ implied threat as an opportunity- a chance to gain an audience with this ‘Bedlam’ fellow. He cavalierly offers the goon whatever trash he has at hand, practically goading the man with his feigned, wide-eyed innocence. It is only his telepathic communication, first with Icky and then with the others, that reveals his true plan. Starchief “voices” his approval, and you don’t have to wait long for its results. The goon to whom Metri spoke contorts his face in anger, grabs the healer by the front of his shirt and easily lifts him up. ”Why you little piece o’…” he begins, as he cocks back one fist in the age-old response of every bully to a perceived slight. One of his comrades (the same one Mara interrogated), places a hand on his shoulder, ”Whoa, Micah- really? A healer? I mean, c’mon man.” and gestures around at the wide-eyed bystanders who are steadily backing away from the confrontation. He leans in and whispers ”Boss ain’t gonna be happy about a riot.” Still scowling, Micah puts Metri down but grunts in acknowledgement. He grabs the Yhabbayar’s arm, growls ”Okay, short-stack. Yer comin’ with me- boss’ll decide what to do with you.”, and frog-marches Metri out of the “clinic” area. The rest of the goons do likewise with Mara, Juan, and Icky- Starchief didn’t speak up during the confrontation but follows along instead.

The nervous glances between the goons betray their concerns about the party- none of you save Metri are what anyone would call small. But perhaps they think they’re untouchable, or perhaps this Micah is too angry to care. Regardless, your escort leads you to the gated area you spotted earlier, where three more goons await. Much to your surprise, you aren’t even patted down as you are taken inside- apparently a redundant precaution on a world where anyone can be a living weapon. A few minutes pass- a runner is dispatched to the ‘boss’, and shortly thereafter you are dragged into a run-down storefront.

The man who is presumably Bedlam is seated in what he clearly thinks of as a throne, even if by it’s appearance it is little better than the junk outside. Another half-dozen men are standing around, mostly working at various menial tasks or with noses in books, but all with more obvious mutations than the goons escorting you in. Starchief realizes with a start that his super abilities are shut off as soon as you enter. Bedlam looks up from the ledger he was studying, closes it, and hands it off to one of his attendants before turning a questioning look to Micah. The tough says ”Dis here green rat was runnin’ a medical clinic in da camp, and tried to pay his protection fee with garbage. You want I should rough him up?”

Bedlam sighs, and says ”Take him out back and beat the crap outta him. Can’t make an example outta a healer, so he’s just gotta disappear. Unless you got real money to pay, but fer wastin’ my time the fee’s now 500 credits.”

What are you doing?
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Juan Echo » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:47 pm

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 84
JiC: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 36
Gear
Armor
White tank top
Cargo shorts
Action Sandals
Splurgoth Talisman of Armor of Ithan
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
Combat
APM: 8
Actions
1. Sucker punch the nearest goon: Strike - 1d20+7 = 26/Damage -5d6 = 19 M.D.C.
2. Body flip the goon: Strike - 1d20+7 = 20/Damage - 1d4 = 1 M.D.C.
3. Energy blast above Bedlam's head: Strike - 1d20+7 = 8 CRITICAL FAILURE/Damage - 3d6 = 8 M.D.C.

Contingecies
1. Kick the goon on the ground: Strike - 1d20+9 = 20/Damage - 2d6 = 7 M.D.C.
2. Back sweep anyone that tries to get close

Dodges
1. 1d20+8 = 18; 2. 1d20+8 = 20; 3. 1d20+8 = 12
Juan Echo is ready to fight the bruisers when he hears the ping of Metri's voice in his head.

Urqos Metri wrote:These bruisers' boss is clearly someone of importance around here. My plan is to try to gain an audience with this boss... Mr. Bedlam. For that, I thought the bruisers might be more inclined to throw the rabble, me, in front of their boss after a healthy scuffle that they... win? Fancy throwing the fight?

Ewww, it reeks of Urqos in here. Is that the larva? Did you know that your companions were TP, Jonny? It makes sense, he and the pasty urqos have significant psionic powers. Juan opens his mind and responds in kind (Telepathy: - 4 I.S.P.)* Sure, Urqos Metri, this seems like a reasonable plan. We will not turn these heavy urqos to pulp. And actually, when you think about it, wrecking this clinic would be counterproductive, neh? Yeah, we should take this outside.

Although he agrees with the plan, Juan bristles when one of the goons tries to escort him out the clinic. "One does not lay hands on a God of the Yayamama Pantheon," he says shrugging off the hired muscle. "He lays hands on mortals, and gives them His blessing." He turns back to his patients with a wink (Charm (80%): 1d100 = 81 that Yayamama charm). "Lead the way, I will follow you. If your Urqos Bedlam wants my divine blessing, I shall grant it to him."

The Wanderer follows the goons to their boss. He lets the others do the talking as he sizes up the group. They are outnumbered two to one, but he thinks that the five Adventurers could easily overpower these chuckleheads.

Presumably Urqos Bedlam wrote:Take him out back and beat the crap outta him. Can’t make an example outta a healer, so he’s just gotta disappear. Unless you got real money to pay, but fer wastin’ my time the fee’s now 500 credits.

"Yeah? So who do you think you are?" Juan sneers. He lets the boss start to reply before interrupting him with a shout, (Impress (80%): 1d100 = 79 SUCCESS) "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO YOU ARE!" He follows this exclamation with a sucker punch to the nearest goon (Action 1), whom he then throws to the ground (Action 2). If the goon is still not subdued Juan will give him a swift kick (Contingency 1).

Then, to get the boss's attention, Juan will fire an energy blast over his head (Action 3). If anyone tries to take Juan down after this, he will perform a backward sweep, or dodge them as need be (Contingency 2; Dodge rolls). Once the melee has stopped, Juan will say, "This doesn't need to escalate. You do not need us disrupting whatever rackets you are running. We are looking for some possible slavers. They have been kidnapping bio-freaks in the area. If you know anything about this, and can point us in the right direction, we will be on our way. And besides, this type of scum is often involved other criminal activities. Might be we're hunting your competition."

* Because of the unique psychic bond that Juan shares with his sister, Joan Echo, it can be hard to determine where one's consciousness begins and the other ends. Anyone using their psionic powers to read the Wandering God's mind will hear two voices as one. Not that anyone know the difference since no one on the planet knows Joan Echo, or even heard of the Yayamama Pantheon
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 42/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Kaedras Starfall » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:56 am

Perception Bonus: 39% 1d100 = 88 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 10
1d100 = 79

Kaedras, upon approaching Sorrenson and Oradro, holds out the small electronic device, and places a finger of his other hand to his lips.

The small electronic device, surreptitiously planted in Kaedras' glove, sparks more than idle curiosity. This situation grows thornier. First, a Deevil warns me of Haad, implicating her of consorting with demons. Now this: a seerman in a ghetto accuses Haad of brainwashing her adherents to turn them into willing martyrs. And then he plants a device on me? To what end? If a listening device, what does he hope to learn? Who does he report to? If a tracker... Why, I do not know.

An amateur with most technology, he holds his hand with the offending device out to the others, to see what they make of it.

To cover his silence, he makes small talk. "An excellent day for a trip to the market my friends, is it not? One never knows what one will find."
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 168/168
M.D.C.: 37/37

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35
Psionic Force Field: 70/70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Sorrenson » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:53 am

Perception: 1d100 = 75 , 34% +15 Magical / Mechanical
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 25
OOC Comments
PPE: 141/151
ISP: 44/48
HP: 38
SDC: 30
NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 eacho
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 400/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
NE-800 ammo 16/16 dumb missiles - 1 more clip of smart missiles available
Fusion Blocks 5/5


Drone M.D.C
-5 from main body of each
-75 from main body of Combat Drone #A
-50 from main body of Combat Drone #B

Gear on person:
Amulet of Understanding

Light mage armor: (Worn)
M.D.C. by Location
• Hood: 20
• Arms: 15 each
• Legs: 30 each
• Main Body: 50
• Armor of Ithan: 60/60 - 5.5 minutes remain
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills
TW enhancements (at 6th level): armor of Ithan (10), Fly as Eagle (25), Breathe without Air (5), Impervious to Energy (20)

PH 21 Phase Beamer (Worn in shoulder holster)
Damage: 3d6 s.d.c. to s.d.c. creatures, 4d6 m.d.c. to m.d.c. beings and force fields, no damage to armor.
Rate of Fire: equal to HTH
Range: 400ft
Payload: 10 shots.
3 e-clips

TW Lightblade (shaped like a long knife, worn on belt)
Damage 1d4x10 +3 m.d.
Duration: 3 minutes
p.p.e. cost to activate: 20
Double damage to Vampires and those vulnerable to light.

Mr. Sorrenson’s Harness of Awesome V 1.0

TW Converted NE-202 Slim-Line "Widow-Maker" Heavy Plasma Cartridge Pistol
• Range: 60'
• Damage: 1D4x10 M.D. (Particle Beam)
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only.
• Payload: 4 (12 P.P.E. per Shot)

Splugorth Mega-Blade

Bone Fetish

Utility/Tool Belt

Amulet of Understanding ISP: -12

Sorrenson watches the interaction between the operator and his mark. Then watches him leave and frowns. I don't know what we should do now... He turns and looks up at Oradro. So What d'ya think? Should we follow him or the Bio-Freak? I recon the Bio-Freak. Hopefully get a look at whatever it was that Mr. Shifty gave him. Find out what they said. Should be easier than following Mr Shifty. He'd notice us following him for sure, he was paying attention, being careful. We kinda stand out as well. He asks telepathically. Did the others reply to the comms call? He adds.

Kaedras Starfall wrote: "An excellent day for a trip to the market my friends, is it not? One never knows what one will find."

Sorrenson looks at Kaedras with a bemused look on his face. What? Is he chit-chatting? This is like the shittiest market I've ever been to, like ever! He decides its best to bring the Star Elf up to speed. He decides chit-chat can wait and reaches out telepathically. Oh hey, I just saw a shifty dude talking with a Bio-Freak. Shifty dude gave him something and is leaving now. I think it's one of the guys we're looking for. That's him leaving the market right now. The BF is over that way. Sorrenson nods in the appropriate directions. I think talking to the BF is a good idea. You wanna come with? Then he sees the little device in Kaedras is holding discreetly in his hand. Oh, what have we here? He looks up at Kaedras. "Yes, shopping in the market. I too, enjoy buying goods in the market." he says out-loud. He then asks the Amulet of Understanding to scan the device and find out exactly what it is.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Metri » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:00 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 46 | 39%
JIC: 1d20 = 6| 1d100 = 73%
-----------------------------------
Performance. 1d100 = 8 | 85% <== Acting! Playing the meek, defenseless healer subject to the whims of his stronger captors.

During the transition to being brought to Mr. Bedlam by his goons, Metri plays the role of a submissive victim. When picked up by the bruiser, Metri cringes in apparent terror. He then turns into a limp ragdoll during transport until set before the bossman, Mr. Bedlam.

Dark Lord wrote:The man who is presumably Bedlam is seated in what he clearly thinks of as a throne, even if by it’s appearance it is little better than the junk outside. Another half-dozen men are standing around, mostly working at various menial tasks or with noses in books, but all with more obvious mutations than the goons escorting you in. Starchief realizes with a start that his super abilities are shut off as soon as you enter. Bedlam looks up from the ledger he was studying, closes it, and hands it off to one of his attendants before turning a questioning look to Micah. The tough says ”Dis here green rat was runnin’ a medical clinic in da camp, and tried to pay his protection fee with garbage. You want I should rough him up?”

Picking up on the subtle cues (throne, goons' reverence), Metri realizes that they are now in the presence of the person they are hoping to speak. Wanting to get a gauge of the individual, the Yhabbayar enhances his psychic sensitivities ((See Aura (6), Enhanced Perception (10), Sense Life (defender/destroyer of life))). Metri will pay special attention to the information gained from seeing his aura, thinking it a priority to understand the power level of this boss and any magic or psychic abilities. As a secondary goal, the Yhabbayar will try to gauge the nature of the individual, though Bedlam's actions quickly lay any ambiguity to rest.

Dark Lord wrote:Bedlam sighs, and says ”Take him out back and beat the crap outta him. Can’t make an example outta a healer, so he’s just gotta disappear. Unless you got real money to pay, but fer wastin’ my time the fee’s now 500 credits.”

"Not in the face!" Metri wails, crossing his arms in front of his face defensively.

Metri then lets out a heavy sigh. Those that do not know him (Bedlam and his goons) may assume it conveys sadness at the inevitability of his current situation. Those that do know him will recognize that it in fact conveys sadness in the violence that is about to ensue. Juan is quick to oblige, launching himself into the fray. In response to a fight breaking out, Metri curls up into the fetal position, appearing to avoid the violence the only way he knows how.

In reality, Metri activates his telepathy ((Telepathy: Superior (8))) with the intention of scanning Mr. Bedlam's mind ((unless previous See Aura revealed presence of psionics)) for his surface thoughts whenever the kidnappings are brought up. His goal is to try to glean as much information as he can while others are providing distraction via combat.


ISP tally this post: 260 - 6 - 10 - 8 = 236
Psionics Activated
[*]See Aura. 32 melees. 120 ft range. RUE pg 175-176: Estimate general power level. Presence of magic, psychic abilities. High/Low PPE. Presence of possessing entity. Presence of unusual human aberration (like insanity).
[*]Enhanced Perception. 80 min. Self. R25 pg 78-79: All natural senses +50%. +15% Perception. +1 strike, +2 parry/dodge. +10% to any skill that relies on basic senses.
[*]Telepathy: Superior. 16 min. 500 ft probe, 1000 ft two-way communication. 1d100 = 4 | 64% + save vs psionics to extract information.
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Starchief » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:42 am

Perception: 1d100 = 31/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 1/1d100 = 2

Starchief marches into Bedlam's domain full of strength and pride. We'll take this tiny tyrant down and then get back to our mission. He experiences a frightening shock as the slight buzzing he always feels in the back of his head cuts out. Checking in with his body, he feels clumsier and generally less super, more soldier. Crap. There's a power dampener in here. Need to be careful. Maybe I'll let the others carry this. Don't need to be overly flashy. Starchief keeps his surprise to himself as he stands with his crew before Bedlam's throne. When the Metri show causes the inevitable Juan assault, Starchief quickly grabs for his sword, Champion and his Millennium Wand, which didn't have a name yet, but after this battle might earn one.

Using Champion, Starchief creates multiple versions of himself to confuse the enemy. Using his Millennium Wand, he first creates some protection for himself. Second, he calls down some lightning to quickly take out the ringleader of this gang of ne'er-do-wells. If Bedlam is not taken down by the onslaught of lightning from inside his storefront, Starchief will use Champion to teleport next to him.

APM: 8 (10, -1 each from Ex PP and Lightning Reflexes)
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 25 (NAT20! Bonus is 9, -3 from Lightning Reflexes, -1 from Danger Sense)

Action 1: Grab Champion and Millennium Wand.
Action 2: Champion: Multi-Phase: 2 Duplicates: -40 ISP.
Action 3: Millennium Wand: Armor of Ithan.
Action 4: Millennium Wand: Call Lightning @ Bedlam. Damage: 7d6 = 20 MD
Action 5: Millennium Wand: Call Lightning @ Bedlam. Damage: 7d6 = 24 MD
Action 6: Millennium Wand: Call Lightning @ Bedlam. Damage: 7d6 = 33 MD
Action 7: Millennium Wand: Call Lightning @ Bedlam. Damage: 7d6 = 30 MD
Action 8: Champion: Dimensional Leap behind/next to Bedlam. -10 ISP
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image

Ledger
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
 
Posts: 461
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Oradro » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:42 am

Perception 32%: 1d100 = 14
JIC: 1d100 = 24 1d20 = 12

(To keep an eye out for possible ambush and try to sneakily follow the bio freak)
Detect Ambush 50% 1d100 = 74
Prowl 53%: 1d100 = 85

Sorrenson wrote:Sorrenson watches the interaction between the operator and his mark. Then watches him leave and frowns. I don't know what we should do now... He turns and looks up at Oradro. So What d'ya think? Should we follow him or the Bio-Freak? I recon the Bio-Freak. Hopefully get a look at whatever it was that Mr. Shifty gave him. Find out what they said. Should be easier than following Mr Shifty. He'd notice us following him for sure, he was paying attention, being careful. We kinda stand out as well. He asks telepathically. Did the others reply to the comms call? He adds.


Oradro would feel some momentary frustration at not being able to communicate with Sorrenson the same way the rattenoid was able to communicate with him. It certainly would be handy! "The bio. Looks bit more jumpy. Probably wouldn't have to even touch em to get em to talk." Oradro would softly state as he considered things. He'd prefer to keep it non violent if he could, after all. "We'd best go after him now though, or we are going to loose him." he'd point out before turning to get ready to follow the Bio-Freak

Kaedras Starfall wrote: "An excellent day for a trip to the market my friends, is it not? One never knows what one will find."


Sorrenson wrote:Sorrenson looks at Kaedras with a bemused look on his face. What? Is he chit-chatting? This is like the shittiest market I've ever been to, like ever! He decides its best to bring the Star Elf up to speed. He decides chit-chat can wait and reaches out telepathically. Oh hey, I just saw a shifty dude talking with a Bio-Freak. Shifty dude gave him something and is leaving now. I think it's one of the guys we're looking for. That's him leaving the market right now. The BF is over that way. Sorrenson nods in the appropriate directions. I think talking to the BF is a good idea. You wanna come with? Then he sees the little device in Kaedras is holding discreetly in his hand. Oh, what have we here? He looks up at Kaedras. "Yes, shopping in the market. I too, enjoy buying goods in the market." he says out-loud. He then asks the Amulet of Understanding to scan the device and find out exactly what it is.


That has got to be the most awkward attempt to seem normal I've ever heard.... Oradro thought to himself. "C'mon, before he gets away." he'd softly state before trying to follow the bio freak, hoping to avoid being noticed in the process, though he had somewhat realistic expectations of that one at the moment. Given his huge size and all....
Oradro's Sheet
PPE: 690
MDC 340

Constant Conditions:
  • Regeneration: 1d4X10 per Minute.
  • Does not require air, food or sleep.
  • Impervious to Fire (except Magic). All other non magical energy attacks do 1/100th damage (Lasers, Particle Beams, Ion Beams etc). Physical, Magic and PSI attacks do full damage.
User avatar
Oradro
 
Posts: 550
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:52 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Mara » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:14 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 14 / 65% (95% when dealing with vampires or undead)
JiC: 1d20 = 20 1d100 = 26

Conditions: Charm Gem (SEE Page 36-37 of the Black Vault)

Mara smiles at Metri's skillful performance, Not bad, but probably wasted on these low rent goons. Mara actually feels bad for the thugs as they can't understand what they invited into their 'sanctum.' She remains quiet until the violence ensues. She says "leave the thugs to me," picks out the nearest thug and again activates her Charm Gem. As it glows blue, she indicates a corner of the room that they are in and says, "Trust me completely! You're in timeout, go face that corner and hop on one leg until I say stop." (-3 save; -10 ppe) She will repeat to all the henchmen, leaving Bedlam unassisted (She can have three charmed at one time). If any resists she will try again to a max of three times. Other than the charm attempts she will parry any attacks as needed.

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 18
APM: 7

Attack 1: Activate Charm Gem and charm the first goon. (-3 save; -10 ppe) Duration: 1d4+1 = 5 Hours
Attack 2: Activate Charm Gem and charm the remaining goons.
Attack 3: Activate Charm Gem and charm the remaining goons.
Attack 4: Activate Charm Gem and charm the remaining goons.
Attack 5: Activate Charm Gem and charm the remaining goons.
Attack 6: Activate Charm Gem and charm the remaining goons.
Attack 7: Activate Charm Gem and charm the remaining goons.

Parry: 1d20+9 = 21 1d20+9 = 25 1d20+9 = 17 1d20+9 = 16 1d20+9 = 28 1d20+9 = 25 1d20+9 = 12
Dodge as needed: 1d20+11 = 17 1d20+11 = 13 1d20+11 = 12 1d20+11 = 24 1d20+11 = 29 1d20+11 = 18 1d20+11 = 24
Mara Archerean

PPE: 104 / 288
ISP: 73 / 85
MDC: 170/381
H.F.: 14
Heart in Chains Tattoo: 0/450 MDC(inactive)

Constant: Sixth Sense

Soundtrack:
''Zombie'' by Damned Anthem
Evanescence - Bring Me To Life (Ghost in the Machine Remix)
Adele vs. Linkin Park - Set Fire To The End
Tomorrow We Fight
User avatar
Mara
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:25 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Chef Icky » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:49 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 97/43%
JIC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 62

- Telepathy active: 15.75 minutes remaining; 460' range for communication
- ISP: 40/48 at the end of this post

Icky raises an eyebrow at Metri's telepathic suggestion. Did he just say he wanted us to throw a fight? Does he know who he's psychically talking to? Boog, that goes against just about everything I've had beaten into me since I joined the Corps... but if you think it'll get is where we want to be I'll go along with it. I won't like it, but I'll do it.

Starchief wrote:
Chef Icky wrote:Oi, Meatball? Icky. How you want to play this? You know this 'Bedlam' doofus, or do we let violence ensue?

Starchief's face contorts out of surprise. Icky? You... you're a headtalker now? Sorry, caught me by surprise. Not used to that. Don't know Bedlam. Let's offer to pay the man inside, away from prying eyes.


I know, right? Maybe it's Dionysus' doing. I'll let you know if he says hiya. Icky smirks. Don't blab about it though, only you and Boog know so far and I'd like to keep this as an ace in the hole.

Dark Lord wrote:”Take him out back and beat the crap outta him. Can’t make an example outta a healer, so he’s just gotta disappear. Unless you got real money to pay, but fer wastin’ my time the fee’s now 500 credits.”


Icky draws himself up to full height and snorts. "Chum, nobody roughs up our healer unless ya wanna be his next patient. Maybe we can work somethin' else out an' save us all a lot o' trouble?" If Bedlam changes his mind, or if Mara's tactic works, he'll hold his actions to see how things work out.

However, if violent hijinks ensue (as they are wont to do with this group) he simply sighs and draws his sword. "Yup, guess we're doin' dis. Lucky fer da lot o' ya Boog's really good wit' lacerations, bruises, an' broken bones."

Combat Actions if Needed
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 16
- Horror Factor: 11
- Critical Strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19, 20
- If Sixth Sense is triggered, Icky is an additional +6 initiative/+2 parry/+3 dodge/cannot be caught by surprise from behind this turn

Actions:
1. Draw sword
2. Hack and slash. Strike: 1d20+10 = 23; Damage: 5d6 = 10 MD (double damage to beings of an evil alignment)
3. Hack and slash. Strike: 1d20+10 = 25; Damage: 5d6 = 13 MD (double damage to beings of an evil alignment)
4. Hack and slash. Strike: 1d20+10 = 26; Damage: 5d6 = 19 MD (double damage to beings of an evil alignment)
5. Hack and slash. Strike: 1d20+10 = 26; Damage: 5d6 = 20 MD (double damage to beings of an evil alignment)
6. Hack and slash. Strike: 1d20+10 = 17; Damage: 5d6 = 14 MD (double damage to beings of an evil alignment)
7. Hack and slash. Strike: 1d20+10 = 14; Damage: 5d6 = 10 MD (double damage to beings of an evil alignment)
8. Reserved for dodging. Dodge: 1d20+15 = 30

Auto-parries: 1d20+14 = 32, 1d20+14 = 17, 1d20+14 = 19, 1d20+14 = 15, 1d20+14 = 32, 1d20+14 = 27, 1d20+14 = 31, 1d20+14 = 24
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Dark Lord » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:54 am

In the marketplace, Kaedras is all too cognizant of the chance that this strange device is some sort of bug. He holds it out before him, hoping that Sorrenson or Oradro can deduce its function, and makes idle conversation just in case someone is listening. During a brief discussion of which suspicious person to pursue, Sorrenson reaches out with his amulet to learn all he can about the device. A quick scan immediately reveals it to be some sort of primitive beacon, broadcasting its location on an ultra-low radio band. It has no audio recording capabilities so far as Sorrenson can tell. Meanwhile, Oradro agrees with Sorrenson’s telepathic assessment that the bio-freak is worth following, and endeavors to do so without being detected while Sorrenson and Kaedras follow at a distance. The bio-freak you are tailing finishes his meal quickly and leaves the market square- only to break into a run as soon as he’s clear of the crowd. Either he’s in a particular hurry to get somewhere, or he spotted you.

In the encampment, you are brought before Bedlam. Metri goes into full psychic sensitive mode ((ISP used as intended)), attempting to learn all that he can about Bedlam and his cronies. The auras of all those present reveal little of surprise- they are all moderately experienced, and have some sort of aberration that likely indicates the presence of mutation (like so many of the planet’s inhabitants). His enhanced perception adds little of note, but his life sense is curiously ambiguous regarding Bedlam. He and his lackeys definitely have some blood on their hands, but not as much as you’d expect for common criminals. He may not be as bad as his extortionate threats would initially suggest. Then Juan throws a sucker punch and all hell breaks loose.

Juan’s surprise attack on the goon next to him knocks the man backwards- while Metri closes his eyes and focuses on trying to dig as much information out of Bedlam’s mind as he can Mara, Icky, and Starchief go to back up Juan during his attack. Mara uses her charm gem again on one of the other goons, trying to get him to sit out the brawl- the fellow gets a glassy look in his eyes and staggers off to one side. Icky and Starchief, meanwhile, pull out their blades and go charging in, with Starchief creating two illusory duplicates of himself to hopefully compensate for the loss of his super abilities ((-40 ISP)). The three of you are met by a barrage of energy blasts from the assembled goons- one goes harmlessly through an illusory image, while two more strike Juan and Starchief ((-52 MDC Juan, -56 MDC Starchief)). Two more of the goons concentrate for a moment, before a field of energy envelops each and they fire a pair of mighty blasts at the charging Adventurers. Juan is struck just as he bellows his demand for information about the kidnappers, and he goes flying out the doors to land face-down (and painfully) in the mud outside ((-230 MDC Juan)). Starchief takes the other blast, but manages to keep his feet somehow ((-85 MDC Starchief)). Yet another goon creates a pair of energy blades along his arms, and charges Icky- the Minotaur successfully parries the energy blade, only for the goon to lay a hand on Icky’s arm. At which point, Icky is suddenly struck blind.

Bedlam then stands up in his chair, and bellows loud enough to make you think he has a loudspeaker stashed somewhere. ”STOP!” Much to their surprise Starchief, Icky, and Metri all find themselves obeying (as of course do the goons). While Juan is picking himself up off of the ground, Metri catches one of Bedlam’s thoughts- a scene where he accepts a credit-chip from some shady-looking Seeronian, and his own internal vocalization Putting up with this shit wasn’t part of the deal. Having gotten everyone’s attention with his command, he glares around the room before settling on Icky and Starchief. ”Swords, really? You boys ain’t from around here, are ya.” Sighing, he says ”Leave us.” The goons are apparently caught off guard by the order, and stop and stare for a moment. Bedlam growls ”Now. Keep an eye on the red guy outside. These punks try anything else, I’ll bring my whole organization down on ‘em.” Somewhat sullenly, the goons all trek outside.

Holding his glare on the group a little longer, Bedlam sits back down. ”I’ll tell you what I know, but it ain’t much. A gang of criminals called The Burning Scythe is behind the disappearances. They pay me to look the other way. Didn’t say nothin’ about putting my ass on the line to keep their secrets though. They sweep through all the local camps every week or two, posing as recruiters for the resistance and looking for anyone desperate, stupid, or naïve enough to join up. Every bio-freak that says yes doesn’t come back. Now, I suggest that you lot beat it, or I’m gonna have every super in the area down here to beat you. What’s it gonna be?”

What are you doing?

Combat Summary
Juan: -282 MDC, also deduct ISP as intended
Starchief: -141 MDC, deduct ISP as intended
Icky: You are blind for 7 minutes; -8 to strike/parry/dodge and -90% to any skills requiring sight
Metri: Deduct ISP as intended
Mara: -1 charge from charm gem
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Kaedras Starfall » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:57 pm

Perception Bonus: 39% 1d100 = 100 (CRIT FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 3
1d100 = 34

Oradro wrote:"C'mon, before he gets away."


Kaedras spots Oradro moving off into the distance, and as Sorrenson moves to follow him, Kaedras keeps pace with him.

Assuming he spies their quarry, he attempts to make sense of the situation.

Streetwise 55% 1d100 = 42 (To avoid being shaken off the trail in the busy market - SUCCESS)
Land Navigation 58% 1d100 = 51 (to pursue unerringly - SUCCESS)
Prowl 35% 1d100 = 55 (to attempt to follow stealthily - FAIL)

Whomever we are following must be germane to the mission that we are on - though perhaps I am too new and do not fully understand. Nevertheless, I will attempt to aid my newfound companions.

As he pursues, he feels the curious, small object in his hand. A listening device or tracker of some sort, I am sure of it... what do I risk carrying it thus? Should I discard it? Or would that simply provoke another, perhaps defter, attempt to place such a device on me or my companions? The market is too packed, I fear, and myself to recognizeable to simply discard it, if I am currently being observed...

He pursues his quarry, alongside the ratanoid and the seljuk, weaving through the moving bodies in the marketplace - the chatter of shoppers and shopkeeps negotiating, arguing, and haggling covers their tell-tale footsteps. The smell of wares - of food, fabrics, and the smell of machinery - conceals their own scent as surely as a hunter would endeavor to do in the wild. Still he works to keep his eye on his prey, to approach from an oblique, unepected angle, to triangulate his approach with those of his new companions, to well and truly ensare their quarry.
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 168/168
M.D.C.: 37/37

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35
Psionic Force Field: 70/70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Juan Echo » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:42 am

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 52
JiC: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 80
Gear
Armor
White tank top
Cargo shorts
Action Sandals
Splurgoth Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Activated once): 100/100 M.D.C.
Energy Aura (Activated once): 100/100 M.D.C.
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
Juan Echo flies through Bedlam's headquarters and out into the muddy street. He can almost hear his sister clucking her tongue in shame and amusement. Wow, that could not have gone worse. The last two blasts had more heat to them than he expected; they also got lucky shots. Well, if you want to talk luck, do I have to remind you about Tyche?* And Juan begins to contemplate the many terrible life decisions he has made in the past century as his face hits the mud.

He slowly raises himself from the ground. His face seems to have turned a paler, almost glowing red. Two welts form on his chest, where he was struck by the energy blasts, pulsating with an orange light. The goons swarm around him, and Juan clenches his fists, ready to fight until the bitter end. Well if you're not going to take care of yourself, I guess I'll have to. Almost instinctively he activates both his Energy Aura, and the Armor of Ithan on his amulet. But no one attacks, the fight is over and they have reached a detente. The fight is in fact more trouble than these crooks need, as Juan figured. Yeah, still was a fuck terrible plan, Jonny. Hopefully, the boss will provide them with some useful information.

"Which one of you mortals packs a punch like that?" Juan asks with a coarse bark. If one of the goons takes credit for hitting Juan he will crack a laugh and slap the goon's back jovially. "You goons know how to fight! Anyone that can bring a God to his knees like that is truly touched by something special! If I had some gold on me, I would buy you all several rounds of drinks. If my team does return this way, I may make good on that promise." (Charms (80%): 1d100 = 31 SUCCESS) Juan then engages any friendly-ish goon in a conversation of strength. Muscles will be flexed, jokes about each others' masculinity will be made, and hopefully Jonny will learn something about Seeronian physiology and their superpowers. And maybe leave another brawl with new friends. Srsly, brother, how is it you keep making friends with people that try to kill you?**

He waits for the others to step out of the hideout and ask, "So what did we find out? Other than they breed your people strong down here, Urqos Chief."

* The Wanderer tried to make Luck his lady one night on a pleasure barge floating the rings of Mykonos 8. Unfortunately Tyche's own twin sister wasn't having it, and blocked Juan. (He never got her name, but he definitely made a new enemy.) So he skipped out on the bar tab, leaving the two sisters to pay for 20 gallons of ouzo.
** Per Rate-A-Deity:
SoundKnuckles wrote:9 out of 10
The first time I met the Wanderer we got into a bare-knuckle fistfight, I gouged one his eyes out, we got arrested by the local military police, then we were dragged to a prison camp where we were beaten nearly to death, and then he sucker punched me in the mess hall. Nonetheless, accepting Juan Echo as my personal savior was the best decision I ever made. He made sure that I wasn't left behind when he broke out of prison, and got me set up on a new life. He even paid for my antibiotics when I got the space-mouth-clap!
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 42/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Starchief » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:11 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 10/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 5/1d100 = 37

Champion ISP: 100/150
MDC: 302/443

After two energy blasts catch Andra square in the chest, Starchief grits his teeth and gets ready for more. Bastards. I can still take... Starchief angrily begins forming a more thorough battle plan when he's commanded to STOP and he finds himself complying. Yes, stop fighting. Andra, you buffoon, it's mind control. Get up! Shake it off! Where's your unbreakable spirit? You call yourself a hero? By the time Starchief gets out of his own head and shakes off Bedlam's control, the goons are already powered down and leaving the room. Well, that was unexpected. Starchief keeps his weapons out just in case things go sideways again, but keeps a relaxed posture. He listens to Bedlam's explanation of what's going on and grimaces slightly. Scythe. Of course. Selling their own. Even with the enemy clear as day, they are up to their usual shady business.

"We'll see ourselves out." Starchief sheathes his weapons and starts to walk out of the room but turns to offer Bedlam a piece of advice. "When the day comes, I hope that you use those abilities of yours in the service of your people. You'll know it when you see it."

If Starchief recognizes Icky is blind, he'll help walk him out of the building and back to the plaza where they were healing folks. Before he gets out there, he makes sure to cancel his multiple images.

Juan Echo wrote:"So what did we find out? Other than they breed your people strong down here, Urqos Chief."


"They really did pack a punch, didn't they? Well, Bedlam can manipulate abilities. As in turn them off. I haven't been that slow in ages. But for the important things we learned, it turns out that the Burning Scythe is responsible for the disappearances and they are posing as the resistance. Which means that our next step is to pay them a visit."
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image

Ledger
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
 
Posts: 461
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Chef Icky » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:47 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 3/43%
JIC: 1d100 = 6/1d20 = 14

- Telepathy active: 15.5 minutes remaining; 460' range for communication
- ISP: 40/48 at the end of this post
- Blind for 7 minutes; -8 to strike/parry/dodge and -90% to any skills requiring sight

Icky comes to a dead stop when Bedlam shouts. While he tries his best to remain calm, inside he's near panicked. Blind? I'm blind! Feetal's Gizz!!!! What kind of zap did that goon have? I've heard of some psychers that could do this. Is this what that's like? Is this permanent? If it's not, how long will it take to wear off? How am I going to get around until then? Even worse, how am I going to cook until then?
Some priest of yours I'm gonna be, Big D. Should've seen that one coming.


With a bit of trial and error he slides his sword back into its sheathe and tries to force his fears back into a mental closet by focusing on Bedlam's comments. Well, this isn't a great look for us but at least we've got a starting place.

Starchief wrote:"We'll see ourselves out. When the day comes, I hope that you use those abilities of yours in the service of your people. You'll know it when you see it."


Heh, 'we'll SEE ourselves out.' Easier said than done, Meatball... He snaps his fingers as a thought clicks. Hey there, Meatball. Got a bit of a problem here and could use a bit of help. That goon with the energy blades also packs a blinding touch. I'm afraid my Mark One Eyeballs are out of commission at the moment.

Starchief wrote:
Juan Echo wrote:"So what did we find out? Other than they breed your people strong down here, Urqos Chief."


"They really did pack a punch, didn't they? Well, Bedlam can manipulate abilities. As in turn them off. I haven't been that slow in ages. But for the important things we learned, it turns out that the Burning Scythe is responsible for the disappearances and they are posing as the resistance. Which means that our next step is to pay them a visit."


Icky snorts. "If dis is typical fer yer people, Meatball, den ya gotta wonder just how much o' a punch da Tarlok's got if dey can keep hold o' dis planet. We took out an elite squad in no time flat and dose goons could'a neutralized us about as quick."
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Oradro » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:36 pm

Perception 32%: 1d100 = 64
JIC: 1d100 = 49 1d20 = 13

(To keep an eye out for possible ambush)
Detect Ambush 50% 1d100 = 13
(To try and not be too stupidly obvious to spot)
Prowl 53%: 1d100 = 39
(To try and keep track of location in relation to the rest of the party)
Land Navigation of 95% 1d100 = 70
(To Keep track of the Bio Freak)
Tracking: People 48% 1d100 = 83

Oradro did his best to not only keep up with, but try and catch up to the Bio Freak as they ran away. He was pretty darn fast on foot as it was, though, if need be (Between running and jumping), he'd start picking up speed with his innate ability to fly. He was trying to avoid that however, as a foot chase drew enough attention as it was, and flying would no doubt do even more so. To make matters worse, he was trying to do all this without drawing a ton of attention! He also didn't have any intention to hurt the fleeing individual, though he certainly did intend to try and tackle them if he managed to get close enough to do so. Maybe just try to shake him up a little, see if we can just scare him into telling us what's going on. At least at first, see how co-operative they are. Remember... soft touch first.. soft touch first.... "In pursuit of suspect." he'd radio along the way, mixing up the whole chase situation, with also trying to make sure he wasn't just blundering or leading others into a trap. Always mindful of traps... especially on a planet that was, effectively, almost entirely hostile (At least as far as the rulers were concerned).

Roll to try and tackle Bio-Freak: 1d20+6 = 15
Roll to Pull Punch: 1d20+9 = 18 (Trying not to hurt the guy)
Tackle Damage (Base): 2d4 = 8
Oradro's Sheet
PPE: 690
MDC 340

Constant Conditions:
  • Regeneration: 1d4X10 per Minute.
  • Does not require air, food or sleep.
  • Impervious to Fire (except Magic). All other non magical energy attacks do 1/100th damage (Lasers, Particle Beams, Ion Beams etc). Physical, Magic and PSI attacks do full damage.
User avatar
Oradro
 
Posts: 550
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:52 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Juan Echo » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:32 am

<Rolls carry>

Gear
Armor
White tank top
Cargo shorts
Action Sandals
Splurgoth Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Activated once): 100/100 M.D.C.
Energy Aura (Activated once): 100/100 M.D.C.
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
Urqos Chief wrote:"They really did pack a punch, didn't they? Well, Bedlam can manipulate abilities. As in turn them off. I haven't been that slow in ages. But for the important things we learned, it turns out that the Burning Scythe is responsible for the disappearances and they are posing as the resistance. Which means that our next step is to pay them a visit."
Urqos Icky wrote:"If dis is typical fer yer people, Meatball, den ya gotta wonder just how much o' a punch da Tarlok's got if dey can keep hold o' dis planet. We took out an elite squad in no time flat and dose goons could'a neutralized us about as quick."

Juan nods, "These guys know how to take a sucker punch." Offering a high five to the goon that tagged him. "But they did dish it harder than a larger number of Tarloks. Do you think this Urqos Bedlam can augment powers as well as shut them down?

"Your Urqos Waldo said that the Urqos Scythe had a complicated relationship with the resistance," Juan continues changing the subject, "His organization has been successful fighting against the Tarlok, and won the support of many of your people as a result. But he's clearly involved in some illicit works. It would make sense that all of them are wrapped up in this together.

"A resistance movement in desperate need of weapons and allies turn to criminal smugglers, those same criminal smugglers also deal with religious extremists, terrorists, and even more unsavory criminals, and eventually a direct channel is formed. The resistance leaders will ally with these new alien powers, believing it is the 'only' way to retake their land. Sometimes it happens almost accidentally, like a plague moving across a nation. Other times it is a conscious decision to sell out some of your people in the pursuit of power.

"I wonder how corrupted your frenemy has become. Is he merely an unscrupulous gangster, or is he a willing ally of something truly evil?"

As they head towards their next destination Juan takes the time to catch his breath and recharge (Regeneration: 1d6*5 = 25 M.D.C. per minute). As he heals the glowing red welts on his chest will diminish leaving behind cracks on his skin, like ridges on an otherwise smooth stone slab. Seeron is a dangerous planet, and Juan has come to accept that this is the type of planet where one wants to be at full health and have at least one layer of armor on at all times.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 42/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Sorrenson » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:19 am

Perception: 1d100 = 12 /34%, +15% Magical / Mechanical
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 64
OOC Comments
PPE: 141/151
ISP: 44/48
HP: 38
SDC: 30
NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 eacho
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 400/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
NE-800 ammo 16/16 dumb missiles - 1 more clip of smart missiles available
Fusion Blocks 5/5


Drone M.D.C
-5 from main body of each
-75 from main body of Combat Drone #A
-50 from main body of Combat Drone #B

Gear on person:
Amulet of Understanding

Light mage armor: (Worn)
M.D.C. by Location
• Hood: 20
• Arms: 15 each
• Legs: 30 each
• Main Body: 50
• Armor of Ithan: 60/60 - 5 minutes remain
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills
TW enhancements (at 6th level): armor of Ithan (10), Fly as Eagle (25), Breathe without Air (5), Impervious to Energy (20)

PH 21 Phase Beamer (Worn in shoulder holster)
Damage: 3d6 s.d.c. to s.d.c. creatures, 4d6 m.d.c. to m.d.c. beings and force fields, no damage to armor.
Rate of Fire: equal to HTH
Range: 400ft
Payload: 10 shots.
3 e-clips

TW Lightblade (shaped like a long knife, worn on belt)
Damage 1d4x10 +3 m.d.
Duration: 3 minutes
p.p.e. cost to activate: 20
Double damage to Vampires and those vulnerable to light.

Mr. Sorrenson’s Harness of Awesome V 1.0

TW Converted NE-202 Slim-Line "Widow-Maker" Heavy Plasma Cartridge Pistol
• Range: 60'
• Damage: 1D4x10 M.D. (Particle Beam)
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only.
• Payload: 4 (12 P.P.E. per Shot)

Splugorth Mega-Blade

Bone Fetish

Utility/Tool Belt

Amulet of Understanding ISP: -12

Sorrenson tells Kaedras mentally that he's holding a radio transmitter. Yeah, that's just a basic radio transmitter. Someone will be using it to track your location. Nothing fancy about it. No video or audio recording capability. Where did it come from? Sorrenson notices the bio freaking doing a runner. He starts to run after the bio freak. He is not impressed. Damn it! Now I have to run. I don't like running! If he is actually fast enough to get close enough, or more likely when Oradro catches up with him first, he'll shout out. "Wait! Wait! I just want to talk!"

If need be, he'll use his handy bundle of twine that he's carrying to channel-cast Magic Net in case the bio freak goes all super powered 'rawr!' on them.

Once he guy stops, or is stopped Sorrenson tries to talk with him. "Settle down there big fella! Just want a word... And to see what that joker gave you. Look, the guy I saw you talking is bad news. A bunch of people, bio freaks mainly, have gone missing from around here recently. I think the guy you spoke with was out looking for more victims to 'disappear'. I guess he offered you something - money, power, revenge... hope? All you have to do to go somewhere and meet him there? Then that'll set you on the path to whatever it is you're after. Sound about right? Nah, man. He's been making offers like that around here for a while and you know what? Anyone who accepts is never ever heard from again. I mean he's good a his job right? You were gunna take him up on it? Well, don't. Please. Now help me out and we'll leave you alone. What did he want and what did he give you?" Sorrenson reaches into pocket and pulls out a small gem bag. "Here is some coin for your troubles. Well not coin, but about 2G in tiny little diamonds. Not a bad deal no?"

Skill roll: Public Speaking (closest skill he has to persuade the bf) 1d100 = 35 71% PASS
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Dark Lord » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:23 am

In the marketplace, the tense game of cat-and-mouse explodes into a pursuit as the bio-freak realizes he is being tailed. Kaedras, Sorrenson, and Oradro all take off at top speed- the cosmo-knight quickly outdistancing his compatriots (and closing the distance to your target) while Sorrenson complains and Kaedras ponders the device he’s now carrying. Sorrenson interrupts the elf’s musings with his technical conclusions regarding the device- it is a simple locator beacon, incapable of recording or transmitting audio or visual data. That at least, is one less worry in the melter’s mind- Kaedras ponders what to do with the device but hangs onto it for now.

It takes Oradro all of 10 seconds (if that) to catch up to the bio-freak, and as the Seljuk leaps Oradro tries to strike a careful balance between incapacitating his quarry and not tackling him. Incredibly, with an agility that defies belief in one so malnourished, the bio-freak skips over one wall and backflips over Oradro, only to resume sprinting back towards the marketplace- and run into Sorrenson and Kaedras, huffing and puffing to try and catch up. Any pretense of going unnoticed has long been abandoned- you can practically feel the eyes on your backs as you corner the bio-freak. But the denizens of Eastwarren are nothing if not survivors, and like all survivors they know the value in scrupulously minding their own business. Nobody moves to accost you or interfere- though it would be unwise to linger in this area long, as there’s a decent chance somebody is phoning the authorities even as you speak.

Adopting his best politician’s air, Sorrenson clutches the twine in one hand and hopes he doesn’t have to use it. The bio-freak flexes under his coat and reveals a second set of arms, but his frentic glances back and forth between the two of you and Oradro makes it clear he is not interested in fighting. Sorrenson chooses the opportunity to be placating- but it doesn’t go so great.

”STAY AWAY FROM ME!” he shrieks, flailing wildly with his fists and driving you back a step (if only to avoid hurting him). ”BCE TRAITORS! LEAVE ME ALONE, I HAVEN’T DONE ANYTHING?” Sorrenson keeps speaking, but it’s unclear how much is getting through. Then he mentions the disappearances, and the bio-freak stops- though his flaring nostrils and heaving chest still indicate that he is in fight-or-flight mode.

He frowns. ”Since when does BCE care about disappearing bio-freaks?” More frowning ((and cue any additional reassuring words your characters would offer here)), but gradually he calms down. He scowls- at first you think it’s you but then you see it’s something he’s holding in one of his hands, and he shakes his head. ”Should’ve known. The real resistance never makes us go anywhere for food- they always come to us. Here- said I could do my part to help my people and get aid while I was at it. Can I go now?” He cavalierly tosses a crumpled up piece of paper to the ground. As Sorrenson offers up some diamonds, the man’s eyes go wide and the almost-too-eagerly snatches them up ((Update equipment post accordingly)). A quick peek inside to confirm that they at least look genuine turns what had been a mournful trudge back to the square to a triumphant sprint (or maybe he’s just trying to get away before you change your mind). Retrieving the crumpled piece of paper reveals an address- the street name on its own means nothing to you, but those of you who were paying extra-close attention to the earlier briefing will recognize it as belonging to the same Burning Scythe safehouse that was previously raided by the Tarlok.

Back in Bedlam’s camp, Juan Echo manages a less-than-divine landing in the mud, and activates two layers of protection in anticipation of a fight to the death ((-1 Armor of Ithan charge)). His precautions prove needless, as Bedlam literally stops everything for a few seconds- long enough to tell you what he knows and demand that you leave his facility. Secretly glad his surprise attack won’t get him killed (this time), Juan attempts to lighten the mood- asking convivially who it was who shot the main blast that felled him. A large, furry-looking fellow with wicked looking claws grunts inclines his head in Juan’s direction, prompting a big belly-laugh from the Godling. Before the attempt at camaraderie can proceed any further, however, Bedlam snarls ”That’s enough. Now, git.”

Starchief orders the team to withdraw, and although Icky can’t see for a bit courtesy of the attack he telepathically reaches out for help and gets it from Mara, Metri, and the others. Starchief leaves, but offers some choice words for Bedlam as he does so.
Starchief wrote:"We'll see ourselves out." Starchief sheathes his weapons and starts to walk out of the room but turns to offer Bedlam a piece of advice. "When the day comes, I hope that you use those abilities of yours in the service of your people. You'll know it when you see it."
Bedlam snorts, and drops a small bomb. ”I got big plans, Starchief. And they don’t involve living in squalor for the rest of my life. I’ll see you when that day comes- assuming you’re still in the fight.” With a dismissive wave of his hand, Bedlam moves on to other business.

As you leave, Juan grimaces as his wounds begin healing, and proposes a sort of unified theory of the Seeronian resistance- tying together the ‘official’ resistance movement, the Burning Scythe, Haad and her ‘movement,’ and ultimately alien powers. It is provocative, if lacking in direct evidence, and you have nearly an hour to discuss it as you return, first to the marketplace and then (presumably) after you rendezvous with Kaedras, Sorrenson, and Oradro back to the safehouse. Icky’s sight returns during the journey, and aside from a few wounds you are none the worse for wear. It is about 4pm when you arrive back at the safehouse- while Kaboom didn’t set a specific time to meet up, it seems reasonable to suppose that he will be back before sundown. That leaves you about an hour in transit, and another 1-2 hours at the safehouse to talk, rest, or make other preparations for your next move.

What are you doing?
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Sorrenson » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:21 am

Perception: 1d100 = 19 / 34% +15% Magical / Mechanical
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 11
OOC Comments
PPE: 141/151
ISP: 44/48
HP: 38
SDC: 30
NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 eacho
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 400/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
NE-800 ammo 16/16 dumb missiles - 1 more clip of smart missiles available
Fusion Blocks 5/5


Drone M.D.C
-5 from main body of each
-75 from main body of Combat Drone #A
-50 from main body of Combat Drone #B

Gear on person:
Amulet of Understanding

Light mage armor: (Worn)
M.D.C. by Location
• Hood: 20
• Arms: 15 each
• Legs: 30 each
• Main Body: 50
• Armor of Ithan: 60/60 - 5 minutes remain
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills
TW enhancements (at 6th level): armor of Ithan (10), Fly as Eagle (25), Breathe without Air (5), Impervious to Energy (20)

PH 21 Phase Beamer (Worn in shoulder holster)
Damage: 3d6 s.d.c. to s.d.c. creatures, 4d6 m.d.c. to m.d.c. beings and force fields, no damage to armor.
Rate of Fire: equal to HTH
Range: 400ft
Payload: 10 shots.
3 e-clips

TW Lightblade (shaped like a long knife, worn on belt)
Damage 1d4x10 +3 m.d.
Duration: 3 minutes
p.p.e. cost to activate: 20
Double damage to Vampires and those vulnerable to light.

Mr. Sorrenson’s Harness of Awesome V 1.0

TW Converted NE-202 Slim-Line "Widow-Maker" Heavy Plasma Cartridge Pistol
• Range: 60'
• Damage: 1D4x10 M.D. (Particle Beam)
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only.
• Payload: 4 (12 P.P.E. per Shot)

Splugorth Mega-Blade

Bone Fetish

Utility/Tool Belt

Amulet of Understanding ISP: -12

Sorrenson grabs the paper off the ground and watches the bio-freak melt away. He frowns as he watches him go. Don't really know if that bride was necessary... Well, at least he'll being eating well tonight. That, plus he didn't fight us. He turns to Oradro and Kaedras and looks at them blankly and reaches out telepathically. Well, that's about as much info as we'll get out of that guy. We should go find the others. hanging around will only bring us grief. Kaedras - losing that tracking device before we get to the safehouse is probably for the best. He then makes a point to read the address on the paper carefully and makes an effort to remember it.

Back at the Safehouse he shares everything they have learned with the rest of the team. Going into detail of the operator guy and his interaction with the bio-freak. "So how did you guys go?" He asks the others.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Juan Echo » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:01 pm

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 86
JiC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 10
Gear
Armor
White tank top
Cargo shorts
Action Sandals
Splurgoth Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Activated once): 100/100 M.D.C.
Energy Aura (Activated once): 100/100 M.D.C.
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
Upon returning to the safehouse Juan spots the jug, still containing some water from breakfast. The Wandering God strips off his rain coat and douses it in water, which he then uses to wash the mud off of his face. When he is done, he throws the coat in the corner where one would assume Kaboom would be sulking. No Kaboom, which allows the Adventurers to speak freely. He listens to Sorrenson's report on the bio-freak and his note.

"What was that address again?" Juan asks. When Sorrenson confirms his suspicions, he nods his head towards Starchief, "Urqos Waldo mentioned this location to us last night, said it was raided by the Tarlok recently. Lucky for this Urqos, he was not there to be arrested. Or worse yet, one can only imagine what would happen to him if he stayed there long enough.

"We found out that the Burning Scythe, a criminal organization on this planet, has been collecting bio-freaks. Not coincidentally, they were operating from the same address that you just mentioned. Urqos Chief, you have a history with them. Do we approach them directly, or sneak in?"
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 42/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Kaedras Starfall » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:08 am

Perception Bonus: 39% 1d100 = 49

JIC: 1d20 = 15
1d100 = 21

Sorrenson wrote:Yeah, that's just a basic radio transmitter. Someone will be using it to track your location. Nothing fancy about it. No video or audio recording capability. Where did it come from?


It was planted on me in the Marketplace... somewhat clumsily... by someone asking for our help. I suspect his request may not have been genuine.

As the mark takes off, Kaedras follows. He loses the mark a couple of times during the pursuit, but when he doubles back and nearly runs into them, Kaedras places himself such that moving back into the marketplace would be difficult.

As Sorrenson talks the man down, even offering him valuable gemstones, Kaedras considers the ratanoid in a new light. This is no standard Mercenary. Sorrenson has a measure of deftness with others that must be recognized. Kaedras steps aside as the man practically skips back to the market.

"I stand impressed, Master Sorrenson. Most impressed."

Sorrenson wrote:Kaedras - losing that tracking device before we get to the safehouse is probably for the best.


Kaedras only nods at this, and sidles over to a market stall to peruse the wares. As he sorts through a stack of textiles, he slips the bug deep within. Then, he affects a disinterested expression and moves away. He examines the goods at another stall band then makes his way back to Oradro and Sorrenson, and joins them as they return to the Safehouse.

He greets Aldón as they arrive, dropping to his knee and skritching the metal wolf under the chin. "Good boy. Good job."

As they are sharing their reports, Kaedras states, "Upon arriving in the Marketplace, I dispersed with others to see what I could learn. I was approached by a Seerman who asked to speak in private. Leading him a little way down an alley, he told me of his friend Jill, now missing, whome he assumes has been taken in and brainwashed by Haad. As I assured him I would check into it, he planted a tracking device in my glove. Shortly thereafter, Masters Oradro and Sorrenson spotted a suspicious individual, whom we pursued across the market. Master Sorrenson questioned him most diplomatically, and has more to report on that score. After depositing the tracker in a market stall, we made our way back here."
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 168/168
M.D.C.: 37/37

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35
Psionic Force Field: 70/70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Oradro » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:43 pm

Perception 32%: 1d100 = 9
JIC: 1d100 = 100 1d20 = 20

Oradro was at least glad that the whole situation was resolved somewhat reasonably, and at least done so without any unneeded violence. Doubly so if what they'd been told had been true no less. It at least meant one person was saved, the rest? Well, that was always the problem. There were always those you couldn't save. He'd remain fairly quiet on the way back, and even once the group started discussing options. It wasn't so much that he didn't have an opinion, but more that he felt it wasn't really needed at the moment. He was with a team that had good intentions, and, so far, more or less good plans? "At least we were able to make a solid link." he'd point out when the subject of the kidnappings was brought up. "The attempt to place a tracking device unnoticed however is interesting, and concerning."
Oradro's Sheet
PPE: 690
MDC 340

Constant Conditions:
  • Regeneration: 1d4X10 per Minute.
  • Does not require air, food or sleep.
  • Impervious to Fire (except Magic). All other non magical energy attacks do 1/100th damage (Lasers, Particle Beams, Ion Beams etc). Physical, Magic and PSI attacks do full damage.
User avatar
Oradro
 
Posts: 550
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:52 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Chef Icky » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:39 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 15/43%
JIC: 1d100 = 85/1d20 = 3

- ISP: 40/48 at the end of this post

Icky says little as the group leaves the camp, but his mind keeps running around and around his new blindness and what he can possibly do about it. Cybernetic replacements might be an option, but that would interfere with his psychic abilities -- which is why he never opted for any implants even before they started expanding to where they are now. So if cybernetics aren't the answer, then what? The Splugorth were known to use bio-wizardry... even implanting tiny Eyes of Eyelor in place of their minions' real eyes. The thought of Icky getting Eyelor eyeballs makes him cringe. That's sailing way too close to the old days for his comfort. He's just about made peace with the idea of losing his newly-expanded psychic abilities so he can get new mechanical eyes when the inky blackness becomes a big dark blur. Then the big dark blur becomes a big light blur. Then things lose their collective blurriness and sharpen back into familiar focus. Icky blinks several times, glancing around to make sure it's not just a hallucination before letting out a huge sigh of relief. "Thank you, Lord Dionysus!" He almost shouts out at the top of his lungs. If anyone looks at him funny he grins. "Bedlam's goon's zap was only temporary. Naturally. Knew it all the time." His spirits rise dramatically and he hums to himself all the way back to the safehouse.

He listens to the 'dueling debriefs' with a raised eyebrow. "Call me nutters if ya wanna, but I don't like da way dese loose ends are startin' ta weave together. Ya think Haad is cozy wit' dese Burnin' Scythe yutzes? An' dat gal dat went kablooey right when we landed. Ya reckon he got yanked off da street an' brainwashed inta doing it?"

If Kaboom happens to show up though, he won't venture any information within his hearing.
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Sorrenson » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:24 am

<Rolls held>
Kaedras Starfall wrote:"I stand impressed, Master Sorrenson. Most impressed."

Sorrenson frowns before he replies. "Thanks, I guess. Now I wonder if I didn't need to give him that coin. Oh well, at least he'll eat well tonight." Poor bastard deserves that much... Or he'll just huff glue or whatever people around here do to forget... Although, I think he deserves that as well...
Juan Echo wrote:"Do we approach them directly, or sneak in?"

"So long as I can wear the Drudge, I don't mind. Both options have their own charm." Sorrnenson wonders about something for a minute before asking the group a question. "Hey, so why Bio-Freaks? Why does it seem like it's only Bio-Freaks that are going missing? They aren't the only ones to have mutations... Just the most obvious."
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Dark Lord » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:22 am

The return to the safehouse is uneventful, once Kaedras ditches the homing device, with the exception of Icky’s racing anxiety over his lost vision. Thankfully, it returns while you are en route, putting to rest any fears of needing to go under the knife (or worse yet, into a bio-wizard’s vat). You reconvene, talking quietly amongst yourselves once it’s clear that Kaboom is still out and about and in no position to eavesdrop (assuming he has no listening devices of his own, of course). Juan takes the opportunity to clean some of the mud off of him. It is at best a marginal improvement.

No consensus emerges around next steps, however. It’s clear that the address the marketplace team found is important, somehow, and that this Burning Scythe is clearly involved. Sorrenson wonders aloud why bio-freaks are being targeted. Kaedras reports his own little encounter, including the tracking device, and summarizes events at the marketplace for those who weren’t present. Oradro ponders aloud the significance of… someone’s? attempt to track the team. And Icky, ever suspicious of the priestess Haad (and Kaboom) voices his theory that the priestess and the Scythe are in league together. Ultimately, the afternoon’s excursion appears to have asked as many questions as it has answered.

You have about an hour at the safehouse to continue your discussions in private, or do any other rest and recovery type activities as you see fit. Any consultation with a local navigation aide reveals the address to be relatively close by- just three miles from the safehouse, in the opposite direction of Eastwarren. At the end of your hour, Oradro and Icky spy Kaboom when he silently re-enters the safehouse. After a discreet check out the window to make sure he wasn’t followed, the Skrayper stomps over to the nearest chair and heaves himself down with a sigh. To no-one in particular, he asks ”So, did you learn anything about the kidnappings? What’s next?”

What are you doing?
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Juan Echo » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:09 pm

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 31
JiC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 50

Gear
Armor
White tank top
Cargo shorts
Action Sandals
Splurgoth Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Activated once): 100/100 M.D.C.
Energy Aura (Activated once): 100/100 M.D.C.
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
Urqos Sorrenson wrote:"So long as I can wear the Drudge, I don't mind. Both options have their own charm."

Juan Echo nods in agreement, "They really don't pull their punches, do they? Might as well suit up before Kaboom gets here. If we're lucky we won't see him before we move out to visit the Urqos Scythe and his Burners." Sadly, Kaboom does make it back before curfew. Juan doesn't even move his head to acknowledge someone new is in the safe house, even after he speaks.

Urqos Kaboom wrote:"So, did you learn anything about the kidnappings? What’s next?"

"Not much," Juan replies to the sidekick. "People asked us for money, wouldn't answer any of our questions." He looks up, realizing he's getting dressed like he did find something. "We did encounter some local toughs, and they gave me a new scar. Now, if you'll excuse me I have a score to settle. Anyone want to come along and go kick some butt?" It's not a complete lie. Bedlam's goons did hand Juan his butt back to him covered in mud. But hopefully the others will figure out his ploy quickly.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 42/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Oradro » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:46 am

Perception 32%: 1d100 = 70
JIC: 1d100 = 26 1d20 = 9

Oradro was quiet on the trip and a while after as he stewed in his own thoughts, trying to make sense of the whole situation. There were just so many unknowns that he was finding the whole situation somewhat unsettling. There were just so many potential ways this whole situation could break down from relatively simple, to nefariously complex. After a while he decided there was no sense in spending too much more time ruminating over the 'what ifs' and to worry more on the 'what is'. Though sadly, of the latter, there wasn't a whole lot for him to work with. Thus it was, when Kaboom finally made his appearance again Oradro would give a gravelly voiced response "Not as much as I would have liked. The events however all seem to be connected to the same group however, so that at least gives us a solid lead on who to go after if nothing else." he would roll his huge shoulders into an ever so slight shrug "Unfortunately we still don't know why or what their plan is. I think at this point however, we might as well try kicking in the door and seeing what roaches come scattering out....." And yet I can't help but feel we missed something important....
Oradro's Sheet
PPE: 690
MDC 340

Constant Conditions:
  • Regeneration: 1d4X10 per Minute.
  • Does not require air, food or sleep.
  • Impervious to Fire (except Magic). All other non magical energy attacks do 1/100th damage (Lasers, Particle Beams, Ion Beams etc). Physical, Magic and PSI attacks do full damage.
User avatar
Oradro
 
Posts: 550
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:52 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Starchief » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:17 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 2/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 18/1d100 = 94


Bedlam wrote:”I got big plans, Starchief. And they don’t involve living in squalor for the rest of my life. I’ll see you when that day comes- assuming you’re still in the fight.”


How did he... Crap. I need to be more careful with my identity here. One more slip up could damn us all. Starchief nods his understanding to Bedlam as he leaves.

Juan Echo wrote:
Chef Icky wrote:"If dis is typical fer yer people, Meatball, den ya gotta wonder just how much o' a punch da Tarlok's got if dey can keep hold o' dis planet. We took out an elite squad in no time flat and dose goons could'a neutralized us about as quick."

Juan nods, "These guys know how to take a sucker punch." Offering a high five to the goon that tagged him. "But they did dish it harder than a larger number of Tarloks. Do you think this Urqos Bedlam can augment powers as well as shut them down?

"Well, I don't know him, but he seems to know me. So I couldn't rightly speak to that." Can't tell you how many times someone like him would have come in handy over the years.

Juan Echo wrote:"Your Urqos Waldo said that the Urqos Scythe had a complicated relationship with the resistance...I wonder how corrupted your frenemy has become. Is he merely an unscrupulous gangster, or is he a willing ally of something truly evil?"

"Fren...emy? Is this a godly saying? I'm unfamiliar. The Burning Scythe is an unrepentant criminal mastermind who has managed to stay one step ahead of the invaders while playing both sides of the field. I'm sure he's used his contacts in both Control and the Resistance to bolster his bank accounts and make everyone think he's got their back. Only a monster profits off of his own people's pain."

Starchief spends the transit back to the safehouse making sure to keep his head down and face out of sight. Stupid to think I could just show back up and slip around unnoticed. Of course he knew who I was. I was on every flyer from Rylor to Enostown. Well, at least the crew managed to make it out alright. We've already lost one person I cared about, I'm responsible for the rest of them making it out alive.

Chef Icky wrote:"Thank you, Lord Dionysus!" He almost shouts out at the top of his lungs. If anyone looks at him funny he grins. "Bedlam's goon's zap was only temporary. Naturally. Knew it all the time."

Starchief gives Icky a sideways glance as he raises his voice in the streets. Come on Chef, almost to safety. Then we can be as excited as we please.
Chef Icky wrote:"Call me nutters if ya wanna, but I don't like da way dese loose ends are startin' ta weave together. Ya think Haad is cozy wit' dese Burnin' Scythe yutzes? An' dat gal dat went kablooey right when we landed. Ya reckon he got yanked off da street an' brainwashed inta doing it?"

"You've never been more right, Icky. It's all starting to come together. And I don't like the smell of it."

Back at the safehouse, Starchief tends to his wounds and continues talking with the team until Kaboom comes back. When Juan and Oradro speak about the events in varying degrees of vagueness, he speaks up to give Kaboom an answer that ties both of theirs together. "Eastwarren was a bust. We ran into some thugs who worked for a powerful player named Bedlam? We're going to conduct some ops tonight for more information about him and how he might be tied to these disappearances." Looking at Kaboom's seemingly worn out self, Starchief adds in, "What have you been up to?"
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image

Ledger
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
 
Posts: 461
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Kaedras Starfall » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:16 am

Perception Bonus: 39% 1d100 = 100 (LOL OOPS)

JIC: 1d20 = 6
1d100 = 35

Whan Kaboom inquires about the kidnappings, Kaedras responds, "I learned nothing, for my part, but there is an accusation that Haad is brainwashing her recruits to be willing martyrs for the cause."

"Though how true that may be is debateable."

Kaedras sits and listens as the others share details of what they've learned. As a newcomer to Seeron, I am likely unaware of some of the political intricacies, but I comprehend enough of the broad strokes, I believe, to make myself useful. Starchief - the leader - has a deeper understanding than most, and seems a decent sapient. As good a leader in this situation as one is likely to find.

Kaedras speaks up again. "Master Starchief... perhaps I can be of some additional use. If given a location or person to concentrate upon, my astral form may be able to glean information that my corporeal form cannot. I am willing to try."
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 168/168
M.D.C.: 37/37

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35
Psionic Force Field: 70/70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Dark Lord » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:08 pm

Back at the safehouse, the conversation focuses on the Burning Scythe first- both the man and the organization. Starchief offers a little background on both, with Kaedras offering to do some astral reconnaissance and Oradro suggesting a simple frontal assault to answer some of the open questions about your investigation. Then Kaboom returns, and the conversation redirects to him.
Juan Echo wrote:"We did encounter some local toughs, and they gave me a new scar. Now, if you'll excuse me I have a score to settle. Anyone want to come along and go kick some butt?"
Breezing by Juan with a smirk on his face, Kaboom sits down in the kitchenette (if you could call it that) and idly begins eating a piece of fruit. ”Well, that’s a surprise what with you being such a charmer and all.”
Starchief wrote:"Eastwarren was a bust. We ran into some thugs who worked for a powerful player named Bedlam? We're going to conduct some ops tonight for more information about him and how he might be tied to these disappearances." Looking at Kaboom's seemingly worn out self, Starchief adds in, "What have you been up to?"
Kaboom shrugs. ”Never heard of him, but I know the type. These bio-freak vagrant communities are full of ‘em- petty, two-bit tyrants long on ambition, short on means. Or brains, for that matter.” His eyes dart back to Juan and he smirks again. ”As for me, just running a few errands for the Resistance. Nothing to get too excited about. Took a look at that address the Tarlok raided. Place is pretty heavy duty- guards, a perimeter wall, the whole kit and kaboodle. Hope you guys got a plan for checking ‘em out.”

Kaedras Starfall wrote:"I learned nothing, for my part, but there is an accusation that Haad is brainwashing her recruits to be willing martyrs for the cause…Though how true that may be is debateable."
Kaboom snorts. ”Look, I’m no true believer but the only brainwashing around here is done by the Shertar goons with the BCR. Haad and her crew are big on converting people, true, but they’ve done a lot of good for the resistance and don’t coerce anyone. More importantly, they give people hope. That’s something that’s been in short supply around here these last few years.” Starchief can practically feel Kaboom’s gaze upon him as he says this, then adds ”Not that I expect you to take my word for it. So, you guys got a plan, or should I report back that we’re just laying low for a while?”

What are you doing?
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Kaedras Starfall » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:39 am

Perception Bonus: 39% 1d100 = 61

JIC: 1d20 = 4
1d100 = 15

Kaboom wrote:Place is pretty heavy duty- guards, a perimeter wall, the whole kit and kaboodle. Hope you guys got a plan for checking ‘em out.”


Kaedras looks to Starchief. "My offer stands. I can attempt to reconnoiter astrally." This is one or potentially two sites we need intelligence on - an astral investigation could give us valuable information on one or both. Hopefully this Starchief sees the reason in my offer.

Kaboom wrote:"Look, I’m no true believer but the only brainwashing around here is done by the Shertar goons with the BCR. Haad and her crew are big on converting people, true, but they’ve done a lot of good for the resistance and don’t coerce anyone. More importantly, they give people hope. That’s something that’s been in short supply around here these last few years."


Kaedras nods, almost impreceptibly. "I've plenty of reason to doubt this information about Haad. None of my sources are reliable at this juncture."

As Kaboom notes to Starchief about the likelihood of us trusting his word, Kaedras says, "In the presence of so much conflicting information, I'm afraid we can only trust the evidence." After a moment, he adds, "If your word is true we shall corroborate it soon enough."
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 168/168
M.D.C.: 37/37

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35
Psionic Force Field: 70/70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Mara » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:11 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 33 / 65% (95% when dealing with vampires or undead)
JiC: 1d20 = 1 1d100 = 52

Conditions:

If no one had offered, Mara took Icky's hand and placed it on her shoulder so he could maneuver more easily with his lack of sight. "Always meant to learn the art of fighting without your sight, I just never got around to it. Might have to take it up soon."

Mara nods to Kaedras and then looks to Starchief, "I agree with the elf, let him do a little astral reconnaissance to see what we have to deal with. He can get inside the walls that way." Doesn't seem like they would be very protected from that kind of surveillance. Mara just listens to the banter and after Starchief relays what he knows, she asks Kaboom, "So what do you know of this Burning Scythe?" She again listens in with telepathy and feels a little guilty as she read him before as a straight-up Seeronian. "DO you really believe Haad is doing more good than harm? Just a real question, not an accusation." Smiling to keep it from sounding too harsh.

On a more lighthearted note, "Sorrenson you looked a little winded when we got back together. Not use to the chase outside of your armor? Maybe we need to start working out?"
Mara Archerean

PPE: 104 / 288
ISP: 73 / 85
MDC: 170/381
H.F.: 14
Heart in Chains Tattoo: 0/450 MDC(inactive)

Constant: Sixth Sense

Soundtrack:
''Zombie'' by Damned Anthem
Evanescence - Bring Me To Life (Ghost in the Machine Remix)
Adele vs. Linkin Park - Set Fire To The End
Tomorrow We Fight
User avatar
Mara
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:25 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Juan Echo » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:31 am

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 4
JiC: 1d20 = 1/1d100 = 71

Gear
Armor
White tank top
Cargo shorts
Action Sandals
Splurgoth Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Activated once): 100/100 M.D.C.
Energy Aura (Activated once): 100/100 M.D.C.
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
Urqos Kaboom wrote:"Well, that’s a surprise what with you being such a charmer and all."

"I know", Juan replies looking at Kaboom with a smirk, "I thought you were the biggest non-Tarlok asshole on this planet. Turns out there is someone with an even more punchable face."

Juan finishes putting on his EBA, and puts his hair in an oh-so-stylish man bun, listening to Kaedras and Mara discuss strategies. It all sounds like a good course of action, but the Wanderer doesn't like discussing these things with Kaboom in the room. If the sidekick is working with the enemy, then what is to stop him from giving away the Adventurers' plans.

He types a short message on his comm when Kaboom is talking directly to Kaedras and sends it to the entire team: WE SHOULD BE CAREFUL HOW MUCH WE SAY IN FRONT OF THE ANGSTY URQOS. WE DO NOT KNOW IF HE IS WORKING WITH THE ENEMY.

The conversation picks up when the priestess Haad comes up.
Urqos Kaboom wrote:"Look, I’m no true believer but the only brainwashing around here is done by the Shertar goons with the BCR. Haad and her crew are big on converting people, true, but they’ve done a lot of good for the resistance and don’t coerce anyone. More importantly, they give people hope. That’s something that’s been in short supply around here these last few years."
Urqos Kaedras wrote:"I've plenty of reason to doubt this information about Haad. None of my sources are reliable at this juncture."

"Talk of hope always sounds nice," Juan chimes in, "especially when you've spend a good part of your life under the boot of an oppresive force like the Tarlok. But what hope does Haad offer? The hope of taking back your home? The hope of driving out anything that's not native from your planet? This is the hope of fire and death, and it comes with a heavy cost."
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 42/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Starchief » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:04 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 54/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 15

Starchief hears Kaedras' idea about scouting the locations they plan to check out later on. "If it's safe, please do, Kaedras. That is a very useful skill you've got."

When the conversation turns to Haad, Starchief tries to keep his contributions as positive as he can. "Her and I did not get off on the right foot. I believe that she has the best interest of the people of Seeron at heart. Hopefully she can come around to see things differently."

Starchief waits for Kaedras' astral report before he continues with the planning phase.
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image

Ledger
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
 
Posts: 461
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Sorrenson » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:50 am

Perception: 1d100 = 41
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 20
OOC Comments
PPE: 141/151
ISP: 44/48
HP: 38
SDC: 30
NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 eacho
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 400/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
NE-800 ammo 16/16 dumb missiles - 1 more clip of smart missiles available
Fusion Blocks 5/5


Drone M.D.C
-5 from main body of each
-75 from main body of Combat Drone #A
-50 from main body of Combat Drone #B

Gear on person:
Amulet of Understanding

Light mage armor: (Worn)
M.D.C. by Location
• Hood: 20
• Arms: 15 each
• Legs: 30 each
• Main Body: 50
• Armor of Ithan: 60/60 - 5 minutes remain
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills
TW enhancements (at 6th level): armor of Ithan (10), Fly as Eagle (25), Breathe without Air (5), Impervious to Energy (20)

PH 21 Phase Beamer (Worn in shoulder holster)
Damage: 3d6 s.d.c. to s.d.c. creatures, 4d6 m.d.c. to m.d.c. beings and force fields, no damage to armor.
Rate of Fire: equal to HTH
Range: 400ft
Payload: 10 shots.
3 e-clips

TW Lightblade (shaped like a long knife, worn on belt)
Damage 1d4x10 +3 m.d.
Duration: 3 minutes
p.p.e. cost to activate: 20
Double damage to Vampires and those vulnerable to light.

Mr. Sorrenson’s Harness of Awesome V 1.0

TW Converted NE-202 Slim-Line "Widow-Maker" Heavy Plasma Cartridge Pistol
• Range: 60'
• Damage: 1D4x10 M.D. (Particle Beam)
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only.
• Payload: 4 (12 P.P.E. per Shot)

Splugorth Mega-Blade

Bone Fetish

Utility/Tool Belt

Amulet of Understanding ISP: -12

Back at the safe house, Sorrenson rushes over to his beloved Drudge and gives it a quick once over. Then he checks over his little flock of drones. Satisfied that everything is in order he sits down. He looks around for some food. Man, that short foot chase has given me an appetite. Assuming he finds something, anything, to eat he munch down on it with urgency of a hungry rodent.
Mara wrote:"Sorrenson you looked a little winded when we got back together. Not use to the chase outside of your armor? Maybe we need to start working out?"

With a mouth full of food Sorrenson raises an eyebrow. "What? You mean like 'exercise', like do the stuff in the gym with the things and machines so I get fit and strong?" he asks with disbelief in his voice. Then after thinking about it for a second he continues. "You know, considering how often I get shot at, that isn't a bad idea. How does it work? Would I have to wear a head band?"

With regards to the planning Sorrenson goes about getting a map of the area to get a feel for the lay of the land. Ha! Lay of the land? It'll be some dreary variation on urban shit-hole.

When Kaedras mentions somrthing that sounds like Astral Projection, Sorrenson asks Amulet of Understanding if that's something he could do.
Yes, Mister Sorrenson. Through me you can Astrally Project. However, at this juncture I simply won't permit it. You have no training nor experience in the Astral Realm, or even as a mere Astral Manifestation in the Standard Physical. No, I simply shan't allow it. In your standard vernacular, I have upmost confidence that you'd fuck it up and make an arse of yourself. It replies back to him.
Well shit, if it's like that I guess I'll stay firmly in my own body. Sorrenson replies mentally with a shrug. He figures the Amulet is probably right, more or less.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Kaedras Starfall » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:28 am

(Rolls carried over)

Juan Echo wrote:"Talk of hope always sounds nice, especially when you've spent a good part of your life under the boot of an oppresive force like the Tarlok. But what hope does Haad offer? The hope of taking back your home? The hope of driving out anything that's not native from your planet? This is the hope of fire and death, and it comes with a heavy cost."


Kaedras considers this carefully, taking a long moment to pause before responding.

"If you'll forgive the philosophizing... If one's options are oppression and death, or struggle and death, one must choose the option that offers even the slightest hope for the future. It is... the nature of we 'Urqos' to take the hard road, if the destination is better, than the easy road that leads to perdition." After a moment he adds, "...Generally speaking. Exceptions abound."

Mara wrote:"I agree with the elf, let him do a little astral reconnaissance to see what we have to deal with. He can get inside the walls that way."


"Thank you Mara."

Starchief wrote:"If it's safe, please do, Kaedras. That is a very useful skill you've got."


Kaedras nods. "I shall make my preparations at once."

Kaedras then finds a cot, and lays down on it, calling to his clockwork wolf companion. "Aldón, please guard me until I awake."

With that, he closes his eyes and begins the mental preparations for the journey that will separate his mental essence from his physical being for a time.

(-8 I.S.P.)

Kaedras Astrally projects, and travels to the first location being discussed - Kaboom's address.
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 168/168
M.D.C.: 37/37

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35
Psionic Force Field: 70/70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Oradro » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:05 pm

Perception 32%: 1d100 = 32
JIC: 1d100 = 69 1d20 = 1

Starchief wrote:"Fren...emy? Is this a godly saying? I'm unfamiliar. The Burning Scythe is an unrepentant criminal mastermind who has managed to stay one step ahead of the invaders while playing both sides of the field. I'm sure he's used his contacts in both Control and the Resistance to bolster his bank accounts and make everyone think he's got their back. Only a monster profits off of his own people's pain."


"Frenemy is a sort of made up term that might as well be an actual one." Oradro would say to elaborate for Starchief. "Someone who's a 'friendly enemy' which is, of course, somewhat ludicrous sounding but really is perhaps the best word to define a relationship where one individual is both antagonistic towards you but also friendly at least as often. Sometimes it may be used to describe someone who's a rival but maintains a relatively cordial attitude towards you. Other times it could perhaps describe... say... two soldiers that will fight each other to the death, when needed, but would also share drinks and swap stories during peace time." he gave a bit of a shrug "It's a malleable term really but I hope that clears that up for you." and I have no idea how I know that.....

Past that explanation however, Oradro once more just falls silent and listens to what everyone has to say, more or less remaining in the background of decisions and discussions. He didn't feel any particular rush at this point in time and the team was clearly still struggling to decide the next step. Besides, he didn't really have any input on the matter he felt was worth anymore than what had already been said...
Oradro's Sheet
PPE: 690
MDC 340

Constant Conditions:
  • Regeneration: 1d4X10 per Minute.
  • Does not require air, food or sleep.
  • Impervious to Fire (except Magic). All other non magical energy attacks do 1/100th damage (Lasers, Particle Beams, Ion Beams etc). Physical, Magic and PSI attacks do full damage.
User avatar
Oradro
 
Posts: 550
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:52 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Juan Echo » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:21 pm

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 89
JiC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 80

<Rolls carry>
Gear
Armor
White tank top
Cargo shorts
Action Sandals
Splurgoth Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Activated once): 100/100 M.D.C.
Energy Aura (Activated once): 100/100 M.D.C.
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs

Earlier
Urqos Starchief wrote:"Fren...emy? Is this a godly saying? I'm unfamiliar... Only a monster profits off of his own people's pain."
Ser Oradro wrote:"Frenemy is a sort of made up term that might as well be an actual one... It's a malleable term really but I hope that clears that up for you."

"The word comes from my own people, but it has since been incorporated into Trade 4. Ser Oradro gives a good definition. And from what you and Urqos Waldo have said, the Urqos Scythe is definitely a frenemy. If we don't kill him, we may find ourselves singing battle hymns* with him after this mission is over."

In the Safe House
Urqos Kaedras wrote:"If you'll forgive the philosophizing...

"Please do! Philosophy is one of the great passions of the Yayamama Pantheon,"** Juan replies.

Urqos Kaedras wrote:If one's options are oppression and death, or struggle and death, one must choose the option that offers even the slightest hope for the future. It is... the nature of we 'Urqos' to take the hard road, if the destination is better, than the easy road that leads to perdition... Generally speaking. Exceptions abound."

"All valid points", Juan nods in agreement, "But Urqos Mara raises an important question: what is hope if it is predicated on wrath and an insatiable violence? I understand the desire to overthrow an oppressive force. And I have joined many a resistance movement in my travels. To see Urqos reclaim their planet and usher in a new golden era is truly inspiring. That is a hope worth believing in.

"The Urqos Haad and her 'Prophet' offer a conditional hope. We heard her demand unconditional loyalty, and death to those that opposed her message. I have seen this before as well, and the revolutions that became more brutal than the regimes they overthrew. Without an external enemy they turned inwards and devolved into anarchy and violence. Urqos Kaboom, you should ask yourself is that what you hope for? Is a path you are willing to walk down."

*The best songs in the Yayamama cannon to sing while drinking with frenemies
**It is true, when not tending to their followers, or waging war with each other, the deities of the Yayamama literally like to wax philosophical. They can spend days discussing the abstract forces that govern the universe and how they govern the destiny of gods and men alike. The Yaya deity Yellha Kang is celebrated throughout the Yayamama Star System for his treatise On the Topography of Time and the Repetitive Nature of History.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 42/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Metri » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:54 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 90 | 39%
JIC: 1d20 = 1| 1d100 = 24%
-----------------------------------
Metri pads along and sits down quietly facing Kaedras as he begins his meditations for astral projection. "Watch you, I will. If in trouble, return to your body with haste, hmm?" Familiar with the psychic meditation, the Yhabbayar patiently waits and watches the Star Elf, paying attention to what his meditative baseline is. If there is significant distress written on Kaedras' face, Metri will notify the others and immediately enter the parallel plane ((via Astral Transference)) to facilitate a rescue.

I hope Kaedras is careful. Metri muses to himself. Being projected only provides some protection. Youthful users often over-estimate their invincibility or intangibility while in that state. Skorl's curiosity causes the rune weapon to pipe in. Unseen and intangible like a ghost, right? What's the harm?

Seemingly nodding to himself, he continues to converse with his runic companion, Yes, but there are means by which one can see ghosts... Means by which ghosts can be harmed, by other more powerful ghosts, for example. There are risks and there is the possibility that the scouting mission may tip our hand. Reveal to the enemy that someone is watching them. But we desperately need the intelligence. So it is clearly a risk worth taking.

Why don't you join him now? Skorl asks with genuine concern. Same reason scouts don't typically travel in packs. The most important aspect of the scouting is that he goes unnoticed while simultaneously gaining the intelligence he is looking for. If I were to go, I would more than double the risk of being spotted. But I will certainly be ready to shed my physical shell in aid if things go sour for him.

Aside from the slight nods and head movements, Metri is the picture of serenity, sitting cross-legged patiently watching Kaedras during his astral outing.
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Chef Icky » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:03 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 40/43%
JIC: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 33

- ISP: 40/48 at the end of this post

Mara wrote:"Always meant to learn the art of fighting without your sight, I just never got around to it. Might have to take it up soon."


Icky nods. "It'd be right handy if ya had ta mix it up when da lights go out, no doubt 'bout dat Mar..." he mutters. "I'll settle fer havin' good eyes. Makes cookin' much easier, ya know."

Once back at the safe house, he sits back and lets others do the talking while he does listening.

Dark Lord wrote:Kaboom snorts. ”Look, I’m no true believer but the only brainwashing around here is done by the Shertar goons with the BCR. Haad and her crew are big on converting people, true, but they’ve done a lot of good for the resistance and don’t coerce anyone. More importantly, they give people hope. That’s something that’s been in short supply around here these last few years.” Starchief can practically feel Kaboom’s gaze upon him as he says this, then adds ”Not that I expect you to take my word for it. So, you guys got a plan, or should I report back that we’re just laying low for a while?”


Icky jabs a massive thumb in Starchief's direction. "Oi, chum, yer boy 'ere's da brains o' dis outfit. I'm just 'ere fer da eye candy."

Kaedras Starfall wrote:
Starchief wrote:"If it's safe, please do, Kaedras. That is a very useful skill you've got."


Kaedras nods. "I shall make my preparations at once."


"Good luck dere, Snowball..." Icky nods. "Anything even sniffs sideways, though, ya yank yerself back alright? I've 'eard stories 'bout folks dat got dere spirits fragged out o' body -- an' none o' 'em end well."
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Dime Store Magic » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:45 am

Kaedras relaxes into a meditative state, with Metri waiting patiently next to him. In a few minutes, he reaches the tipping point, and his astral self separates from his physical body. Metri's trained eye is able to discern the transition as Kaedra's body moves from relaxed to limp.

Floating above the Adventurers (and Kaboom), he sees the rest of the team continue their discussion in hushed tones oblivious of the change. The Star Elf zips out of the building into the sky and zooms towards the address.

...

As the Adventurers continue the discussion about Haad and what the people of Seeron have had to do to survive, Kaboom's expression darkens. When Juan questions the reason for hope, Kaboom interjects, "Look, Lord of Vagabonds," mocking evident in his tone, "I've listened to your stories, it seems to me you stay until you've just about overstayed your welcome, then cut out for parts unknown. My people having been dying for DECADES under the oppression of the Tarlok. When you see your family, friends...children murdered for sport. You do what you must, the alternative is to give up and die."

"We, Skraypers," Kaboom looks intently at StarChief, challenging him to say he still is one, "have continued to fight, even when it looked like there was no hope. Haad's a bitch, but she's here to help us. When you get what you want, are you going to stay and help? Or run off with a pie crust promise of sending someone else to help us throw off the yoke of our oppressors?" The man huffs, and throws his arms out as if he is done and stalks over to the window and looks out the window, his jaw clenched in anger.


...


With his altered perception, Kaedras gets a true sense of the sorrow on the planet of Seeron. As he flies along, he realizes that sometimes the wind isn't just the wind. He sees a surprising number of malfeasant psychic entities (for a planet with such low magical energy) lurking in dark corners. But he also sees that he is not alone in the astral plane. He spots a woman zipping along below him the glint of her silver cord in her wake. In another place, a couple in an embrace high in the sky, their cords tangled around them.

It's now that a minute or two pass that he realizes that he is a stranger in a strange land, being able to move near the speed of sound doesn't help if one doesn't know the lay of the land. Luckily (JIC Land Navigation), he remembers enough details that he spots the correct street, and while first heading along the wrong way, he flies back and finds the building. Precious minutes lost.

The address itself is on the outskirts of Rylor proper, the mega-scrapers giving way to tall buildings a dozen stories tall, down to buildings only a few stories tall. The area, like the rest of the city is a hodge-podge of destruction, one building a hollow husk, another pristine, while another has sections blow out of it. Large areas of green space begin to separate structures.

Surrounding the target building is a wall, perhaps 20' tall, with trees and grass both with in and without the wall. On the street, people can be seen walking, but a minute of observation shows that everyone is careful not to walk on the side of the street where the building is.

A closer inspection of the wall and the building, shows a few pairs of guards circling the building (perhaps a 5 minute interval at any given point), as well as guards at the entrance into the grounds. Inside the wall, the main part of the building is a two story cylinder with two wings extending from it. There is superficial damage: cracks in the facade, some boarded up windows, however, it's mostly intact.

The Scythe Building
Scythe Building - Copy.jpg


Realizing he does't have much time left before he must return to his body, Kaedras zooms into the west wing, and stops in his ghostly tracks as he sees about a dozen bio-freak children of various ages. The room itself is painted in bright colors, and various toys and games can be seen strewn around the room. In the room, a human and a talus, both women, tend to the children. A few of the younger children, turn and look at him.

A small extremely spiky girl (gender based on the pig tails in her hair) says, "Hello, did you come to play with us?" This causes a few others to chatter at you as well.

The Talus, turns towards the girl and asks, "What are you talking about Nara?"

She looks towards where the girl is pointing. "The pretty man, with the pointy ears, floating right there," the young girls says.

The woman, tail swishing, looks in Kaedra's direction, but it's clear that she doesn't see him. She reaches across to touch a bracelet on her arm, some sort of comm band, and presses a button. A little red light on it begins to flash.

Kaedra's has a minute, maybe two before he must return to his body.

What are your intentions?
User avatar
Dime Store Magic
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:09 am

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Juan Echo » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:41 pm

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 63
JiC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 17

Gear
Armor
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Armor by location:
    Main body: 95/140
    Head: 60/60
    Arms (each): 50/50
    Legs (each): 60/60
White tank top
Cargo shorts
Action Sandals
Splurgoth Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Activated once): 100/100 M.D.C.
Energy Aura (Activated once): 100/100 M.D.C.
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs

Urqos Kaboom wrote:"Look, Lord of Vagabonds, I've listened to your stories, it seems to me you stay until you've just about overstayed your welcome, then cut out for parts unknown. My people having been dying for DECADES under the oppression of the Tarlok. When you see your family, friends...children murdered for sport. You do what you must, the alternative is to give up and die."

"Are those your only two options?" the Wandering God says with a sharp tone. While he dislikes Kaboom, he feels genuine sympathy for the sidekick in the moment. The mortal's anger reveals a deep pain, one born of fighting a losing war for so long. "I am not saying to roll over and take what the Tarlok give you. But I warn you, Haad is no better than them. I know her kind from visiting many planets, and seeing many a death cult take root. At least, I (usually) don't overstay my welcome. What happens when the Tarlok are expelled and Haad or one of her brethern stay? Will you let her church establish the new government? Will you carry out their will? What happens when they ask you to execute your own comrades because Haad deems them traitors?" Juan's words are pointed but calm. He doesn't want to rile up Kaboom, but leave him with some serious questions to consider. Not that he's likely to change his mind.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 42/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Kaedras Starfall » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:14 am

Perception Bonus: 39% 1d100 = 65 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 7
1d100 = 89

A day-care? Here? There must be... As the children address him, he realizes, They're being used for their gifts. Indoctrinated, most likely.

When Kaedras sees the red light on the comm wrist band flash, he frowns. He turns to the children and smiles, pressing a finger to his lips before activating his Psionic invisibility power (-10 I.S.P.).

With that, he zips through the bulk of the structure at speed - hoping to notice anything important (See perception roll above) - and then back to his body, attempting to avoid or flee from any potential conflict on the way.

OOC Comments
Per the Astral Projection write-up (RUE p. 171), these rolls are unnecessary to return to the physical body. Will substitute appropriate rolls
Land Navigation 58% 1d100 = 84 (quickest route back to body - FAIL)
Land Navigation 58% 1d100 = 90 (recover sense of direction if lost - FAIL)


Return from Astral Plane (per Astral Projection) 1d100 = 100 (Crit. Success - "Definitely certain of location (Whew! Made it back!)" )


If he arrives safely back at the safehouse, he turns off the psionic invisibility and re-enters his physical body.

He sits up, and says "I was able to make my way there - though this planet is not without astral dangers I was able to avoid them. The distance was farther than I had expected and my unfamiliarity witht he topography meant that upon arrival I had but little time to investigate.

"The Scythe Building is a 2-story cylider, surrounded by a 20' tall curtain wall. At least two patrols of pairs of guards walk the perimeter, with approximately a 5-minute interval between their routes, and more guardss stand duty at the entrance."

Where I entered, on the western side, is..."
he shakes his head briefly, "A child-care center of sorts. The children there, however, easily detected my astral form, and unwittingly alerted the caretakers by addressing me directly. My suspicion is they are being groomed and indoctinated for their abilities. Their caretakes were a human woman and a talus woman - the talus used a wristband communicator to sound a silent alarm, at which point I left."

He frowns and stands. "The children also serve rather effectively as a prohibition from direct assault."

If he fails to find his way back to the safehouse, he will try to backtrack at full speed, following his silver cord, hoping there is still time.
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 168/168
M.D.C.: 37/37

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35
Psionic Force Field: 70/70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Oradro » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:20 am

Perception 32%: 1d100 = 49
JIC: 1d100 = 44 1d20 = 8

Charm: 63% 1d100 = 60
Trust: 37% 1d100 = 92

Dime Store Magic wrote:"We, Skraypers," Kaboom looks intently at StarChief, challenging him to say he still is one, "have continued to fight, even when it looked like there was no hope. Haad's a bitch, but she's here to help us. When you get what you want, are you going to stay and help? Or run off with a pie crust promise of sending someone else to help us throw off the yoke of our oppressors?" The man huffs, and throws his arms out as if he is done and stalks over to the window and looks out the window, his jaw clenched in anger.


Oradro was far from unsympathetic to the Skrayper's plight or Kaboom's complaints, but he decided he should at least try to speak up and try to make the man understand why the group worked the way it did, and indeed, had to. "You must understand, your plight is repeated over a hundred thousand times or more. Through not just multiple galaxies, but dimensions as well. You and your people fight a worthy cause, but so do many, many others. There are also threats far greater and far worse than the Tarlok. The Splurgoth for example enslave multiple realms and planets. What your people face here isn't anything remotely close to what those under the heel of the Splurgoth contend with, and they are far from the worst of it. Demons, Deviil and Dominators are much worse to name but a few. We help where and when we can but we are unfortunately required to focus on the most pressing issues brought to our attention. At the moment that means focusing on leads to components of a device that threaten billions of worlds should they fall into the wrong hands." The huge Seljuk would sigh a bit, looking somewhat pained, nor was it feigned either. "I really wish we could help everyone, but the reality is, we simply cant. No more than you can. Nor is it for lack of your cause, or many others being unworthy, far from. But when one must make hard decisions between not only doing what's right, but also doing what's right for the most amount of people...." he'd momentarily close his eyes and shake his head a bit before opening them once again "I'm sure you, yourself have faced such things. So yes, at some point we will go, but we will still at least make an attempt to do our best to aid those in need where and when we can, and still have a chance of success."
Oradro's Sheet
PPE: 690
MDC 340

Constant Conditions:
  • Regeneration: 1d4X10 per Minute.
  • Does not require air, food or sleep.
  • Impervious to Fire (except Magic). All other non magical energy attacks do 1/100th damage (Lasers, Particle Beams, Ion Beams etc). Physical, Magic and PSI attacks do full damage.
User avatar
Oradro
 
Posts: 550
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:52 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Dime Store Magic » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:57 pm

Mini GM Update

Updated Scythe Map
Scythe Building - Copy 2.jpg


Kaedras chooses a path to go through the main section of the building. Exiting the room with the children, enters a room with beds and one is occupied by a child bio-freak (the red star) with various medical equipment surrounding him. Continuing forward, he enters a hallway with 2 guards (the blue hearts). One of the guards is wearing body armor and holds a rifle, the other looks like one of the skraypers in a color costume.

It's clear that this is a high end medical or research facility as he continues his flight northward. He finds a few more guards (some dresses traditionally, some not), and at least one more bedridden bio-freak, an adult this time. The last room he enters is an office, at the desk is a Seeronian in a well tailored suit (white six sided star). He looks up as Kaedras flies past. A powerful mind voice intrudes, I see you, and as the Star Elf flies out through the outer wall, I will find you.

A bit disoriented, Kaedras puts on the speed, seconds pass by with no sign of the safe house, then he sees it and dives into his body. Metri, still by his side waits for his return.
User avatar
Dime Store Magic
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:09 am

PreviousNext

Return to Phase World: The Three Galaxies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest