[GR] Janus Station: Prison Break

The Anvil, Corkscrew, and Thundercloud galaxies.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: [GR] Janus Station: Prison Break

Postby Érebos » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:07 am

**rolls held**

Scythe wrote:
Scythe Original Dice wrote:JiC: Original post: 1d100 = 74 / Original post: 1d20 = 5
Perception [33%]: Original post: 1d100 = 24

Lore, Magic [58%]: Original post: 1d100 = 39 (Properly identify type of magic Erebos uses)
Lore, Creatures of Magic [48%]: Original post: 1d100 = 40 (Identify what Erebos is)
Lore, Dimension [58%]: Original post: 1d100 = 49 (Identify where Erebos could be from)

Shadow Mage wrote:”Who are you? Do you know my associate?”

From beneath his visor, Scythe's eyes trace to who addressed him specifically, allowing his invisibility to drop regardless and nodding. Good, now I know there is at least another that can see the invisible, for I am still not convinced we are alone. This practitioner is well versed in shadowy magic. He thinks to himself, side-glancing the entry ways. He won't repeat his name, though he will add for the sake of building trust, "I am a practiced mage who found them self in a precarious situation. Your associate and I were able to come to a mutual understanding in the face of hostilities. I help even the odds, I get a ride out of here. We can work on the finer details once we leave, we should take advantage and leave in lieu of combat." He states before adding "What do I call you?"

An understanding...? thinks the Shadow Mage (in Ancient Greek, as is typical for the paranoid Sunaj).

He nods at the mysterious stranger. ”I agree with your assessment. We have little time. If my associate came to an arrangement, I will honor that arrangement.”

But if you should break it... he thinks while gripping the shield tightly with one hand and the DPN with the other as he slowly steps out from between the stranger and the DPN and glances over at Brackus.

”Scythe, is it? You may address me as Shroud for now,” he says to the person in the armored suit.

What IS it with that armor, it looks so familiar... he thinks briefly. (ooc: I am presuming that pretty much everyone in the commonly civilized areas of the Three Galaxies will have heard of the Warlock Marines and their famous power armor, so even though Scythe’s suit doesn’t match the color scheme, the shape and style are are likely ringing bells)

CONTINGENCIES:
IF DPN seems persuaded by Érebos' "Invoke Trust" speech , he then turns to the DPN and says, ”Now then. In order to guarantee your safety, Nagh, we have a magic device of sorts that will keep you safe and secure. We need you to look into the pages of this book. The magic may make you feel strange, but do not resist it.”

Érebos will remove his hand from the DPN, pull out his Book of Shadows and open it to the DPN.

IF DPN seems unpersuaded by Érebos' "Invoke Trust" speech or seems resistant/hesitant to the Book, the Shadow Mage will not use it until DPN is more compliant: He will instead cast Domination (-10PPE, spell strength: 13) on DPN and command him to look at the book without resistance, presuming the spell succeeds (Domination cannot be faked)
Domination
Range: Touch or within 4 feet.
Duration: 15 minutes per level of experience.
Saving Throw: Standard.
P.P.E.: Ten
Domination is another trance-like enchantment that enables the spell caster to impose his will over his victim's, forcing the individual to do his bidding. The victim of Domination appears to act oddly, dazed, confused, slow and unfriendly (ignoring friends, etc.). The enchanted character has one goal, to fulfill the command of the spell caster. Under the enchantment of Domination, the character's alignment does not apply. He will steal, lie, assist in crimes, kidnap, betray friends, reveal secrets and so on. The victim is under the (almost) complete control of the spell caster. The only things the bewitched victim will not do are commit suicide, inflict self-harm, or kill a friend or loved one. A good aligned character, Principled, Scrupulous and even Unprincipled, can not be made to kill anybody; it is too deeply against their alignment.
Note: The enchanted person is not himself and suffers the following penalties. Attacks per melee round are half, speed is half, all skills are half their usual proficiency, speech is slow, and the person seems distracted or a little dazed.
A successful saving throw versus magic means the magic has no effect.
The character is 100% his normal self. The effects of the Domination magic can not be faked. Can not affect a person inside environmental M.D.C. body armor, power armor, robots, or vehicles.

We don't have time for this
Érebos, AKA "Nicodemus Obelius", AKA "Shroud"
Current Status
S.D.C.: 91/91
Hit Points: 39/39
P.P.E.: 172/204

Weapons and Armor worn or carried
Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12
  • Recognize Vampires by Appearance: 10% per level of experience. +10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires, -30% to recognize Master Vampires unless openly flaunting its power and demonic nature.
  • Friend of the Shadows: Denizens of the Shadow Realm see the Shadow Mage as one of their own, and will not attack him unless directly commanded to do so by a Shadow Wraith or Shadow Lord (or unless the Mage attacks them first).
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis
  • Can sense the presence of ley lines up to 5 miles away, nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away. Can tell when there is more than one ley line or nexus within their sensing range, but are unable to pinpoint the exact location. They know the general direction and whether it is closer or farther away, weak or powerful, and if a Rift is opened.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
  • Bonuses while in Shadow or Darkness: +2 to Perception Rolls; +1 to Strike, Parry and Dodge; +3 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells; impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension; and is never afraid of any kind of darkness (feels at home and safe in darkness). Heals injuries at 1d6 per hour of rest or meditation.
  • Penalties and Vulnerabilities: -2 Spell Strength when cast in areas of bright artificial light or sunlight (with no shadow to cast in), and all spell effects, range, damage, duration etc. of Shadow Magic are reduced by half. -2 to Perception Rolls and initiative, -5% on skill performance when in daylight, overcast (without shadows), or exposed to bright artificial light. Vulnerable to silver! Any kind of silver blade or bullet does double damage. Over time, some Shadow Mages (5% chance per level- not allergic @ level 1, roll again next level!) become allergic to sunlight and suffer from headaches and nausea when exposed to it for more than one hour (-15% to skill performance, reduce speed 20%, -1 melee attack and -1 on all combat bonuses).
  • Speed: Érebos runs at 700 meters per minute, 175 meters per melee round, 26mph! Can run at half that speed for up to 12 miles before fatigue, or 1/3 that at full speed before collapsing.
Saves
Coma/Death: +20%
Magic (varies): +7, or +10 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells
Disease: +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +5
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +5
Insanity (12+): +7, and impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension
Psionics (varies): +5
Horror Factor (varies): +7
Érebos

Postby Bryke » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:50 pm

Perception: 34% 1d100 = 69
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 9

Conditions: HF 10, Eagle like Normal Vision, See in total Darkness, Sixth Sense.
Shadow Skin: 43:30 min:sec remaining; Whispered Voice (Communication) 43:30 min:sec remaining; Cosmic Armor: 38:15 min:sec, 200mdc, hover or fly at mach one, ½ damage taken from MD cold/heat/fire/plasma [(2) Qlu'Bar left for the day]

Whisper to Erebos, “Shroud, you’ve been busy. Good work on the extraction. This one is at the upper levels heading to “entry point"." Bryke whispers, not knowing if emotion can be relayed via this magic the promethean still projects a sense of pride and gratitude at the retrieval of Nagh.

Whisper to Az Rael, “Shade, Heading to the “entry point” do you have need of anything before this one moves out?

Intentions:
That seems sudden… what was their objective and did they accomplish it this one wonders? Bryke thinks toward the abrupt disappearance of the mercs.
Not yet convinced the “Temporal Warlock” determines to fly back as quickly as possible but from a determined pattern. Flying straight ahead weapon still at the ready and scanning in all directions Bryke heads toward the door. Once at the wall the door is on, Bryke will fly down also scanning each floor and still all around looking for the mercs or anything out of the ordinary. The Promethean flies to the door and waits until all have gone through.

The Time Master determines to be the last to go through, but before they go the Promethean tries to grab one of the harnesses that the guard(s) are wearing. Any dead guard Bryke will attempt to grab or take off of a downed guard. If Bryke can not take it off manually the promethean will use, Phase Warp – [Displacement] on it and bring it with.

If possible Bryke will take 2 or even three of them if it is not much trouble.

Once at the Door though Bryke asks Alvidan, “Hey this one wants to take this, can you scan it to make sure it has no tracking capabilities. If it does can you disable that without damaging the flight system(s)?

Contingencies:

Bryke will dodge/parry if attacked.
DODGE: 1d20+6 = 25, 1d20+6 = 16, 1d20+6 = 8, 1d20+6 = 26, 1d20+6 = 13, 1d20+6 = 13
PARRY: 1d20+6 = 14, 1d20+6 = 20, 1d20+6 = 16, 1d20+6 = 25, 1d20+6 = 17, 1d20+6 = 25

If the ability is needed, Phase Warp: Displacement [25] [ooc: will fill in the description later, not near my book]

Bryke will not bring a harness if it has a tracking system on it or the tracker is not disabled.
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 75%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.

PPE: 236/140
ISP: 125/75
SDC:634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP:155/155

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
Bryke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Alvidan » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:11 am

(Rolls held over)

If Alvidan heard the message, he will reply:

Whisper to Erebos, "Shroud: I am in position by entrance, working on recruiting an escaped prisoner."

He will be glad to know the others have secured our target and are returning safely.
Alvidan
P.P.E.: 69/129
I.S.P.: 77/103
M.D.C.: 80/80

Armor: NE-BA 26 Special Body Armor: Main Body 90 Physical 20 Virtual/90
Visible Weapons: Phase Sword
NE-80 Slim-Line Lever Action Plasma Rifle
Shockwave TW Grenade Launcher (Patron Item)

Gear: Grav Pack

Constant Abilities:
Telemechanics
Impervious to Shape Shifting
HF/AF 12 if recognized as a True Atlantean
Sense Vampires within 1000'
Sense Ley Lines within 5 miles, Nexus points within 10 miles, and open rifts within 20 miles

Other Specials:
Sixth Sense
Telemechanics

Names & Nicknames: Alvidan, Vidan, Sutnalel (as Sunaj)
Alvidan

Postby Brackus Monellio » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:52 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 68 = /24%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 6 = 6/1d100 = 82 = 32
Conditions:
HF: 14 (at start of post / 18 at end) Resist Damage (Duration: 15 mins; 1/2 damage from fall, impact, punch, bullet, or energy attack, even magic or psionic; the field absorbs the first 5 S.D.C. /Hit Points of damage from each attack.) Enhance Reflexes (Duration: 6 mins; +1 attack, +3 initiative, +1 to strike, +2 to parry/dodge, +2 to P.P. (adding further bonuses to strike/parry/dodge if boosted to 16 or higher) / +15% to all Physical skills that rely on coordination or balance.)
Amplified Hearing, Heat Detection (60' range), Superior Sense of Smell (See Symbiote: Free Breather), Impervious to mind control and empathic transmission (Symbiote: Absurr Life Node), Symbiote: Musical Nymph (Magic/Psionics that instill strong emotions have 1/2 Effect.), Microbe: Transfortifiers (Impervious to Cold & Heat (Magical as well.), Polarized Infra-red Eyes (Infrared and ultraviolet light. 20/20 vision.), Zero G Combat (Basic) (only -3 penalty to combat rolls).

Speaking uses whisper of the wind ability [/color]

Brackus does his best to land nicely, but is not a graceful creature. As he lands after the impact, he gets to his feet while his senses tell him about his surroundings. ”I know there is something here. I can “feel” it but cant see anything.”

He will ensure he is several paces away from everyone and towards their fronts as he releases his magical aura of invisibility and appears before the group officially.

Clad in a jet-black W-F1 combat armor lined with red trim and a sort of over-coat grafted into to the shoulders that falls to the calves, the mage triggers his vocals on his armor and he addresses the crew from behind his faceless visor.

’WTF?? Whoa!! Friendly here. I just want out of here.” He retracts his appendages but keeps his “gang” ready. Brackus will move back from the others as they speak, keeping his back to the wall. ”Who is who here?? Are they rescuing or kidnapping that prisoner? Who is cloak guy?” He keeps his mouth shut while he watches.

It is a bit of a chance, but he decides to talk to the stranger, "While lashing out at random may be a good way to clear an area of hidden enemies, it can also make an enemy of a possible hidden ally. If you are just trying to cause trouble for the prison, go through the door and turn right, that will lead you deeper into the asteroid. On the other hand, if you turn left it leads outside to the surface. If you want off this rock you might want to ally with us until we finish our mission, then we can take you to our ship and we can discuss whether things should be longer term."

Brackus nods at Alvidan. ”Got it. I will cover rear. You guys get out, and think of a way for me to get out of here while i try to give you time. “ He looks at the others ”I hope you have a large ship.” He then turns away and does his role as rear guard. ”Ok gang. This is our way off this rock. We help them get out, they take us with them. *feeling of suspicion* No… i dont know how. But it is this or we try for ourselves. I think this is better chance. *feeling of eagerness and contentment* All right, we are all in agreement.” He turns to Alvidan and says ”We agree to help in return for getting us the frak outta here.”
Brackus Monellio

Postby Az Rael » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:59 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 39 vs 52%
JIC: 1d20 = 12 and 1d100 = 55

Perception mods
  • +15% in darkness or while in a shadow
  • +5% When dealing with Vampires or the Undead
  • +5% when pertaining to ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic

Current Conditions
Aura of Darkness: 3:00 min remaining; Whispered Voice (Communication) 43:00 min remaining;Ride the night wind 54:00 min remaining; Intuitive Combat 2 melee rounds remaining

Az Rael launches toward the masked mercenary and activates his forcefield thinking to himself, Damn it with these guys already. This one pays the price. Mere seconds later the mercenary disappears in front of Az Rael’s eyes. What the… Surprised he turn quickly to take aim at the female merc chasing him to find her gone as well. Seeing the TA still behind him he takes the opportunity to down the man. You’re a traitor to your people. he thinks as he pulls the trigger. The laser pulses hit the target and man disappears in the same way the first two did. Az Rael’s head twist on swivel, trying to get his bearings and see if it is a trick. Invisible? Where? Why? His thoughts turn to worry, Did they figure something out?

Just as he turns back to the Mark and Erebos he hears the mysterious man in his head.

Scythe wrote:Immediate threat is over. I’m dropping my cloak, tell this crew not to open fire on me.

Knowing this could turn bad Az Rael immediately calls out loud, ”We have a mystery helper! Don’t shoot. Keep your eyes on him. He has earned my very limited trust so far.”

The man appears and adds…

Scythe wrote:“Immediate room is clear. Name’s Scythe. I spoke to you earlier via telepathy.” He states matter-of-factly, pointing towards Az Rael and then DPN, before adding. “Details later. Let’s get out of here before anyone else catches up.”

Az Rael continues to the exit and is encouraged when he hears Erebos whisper to him, We may get out of this alive my shady friend. I have made so many mistakes today. So many. I cannot dwell on this now. If we live. Tomorrow is another day.

When Az Rael hit the bottom, he hears the stranger scythe talking to Erebos, A mage? Hmm. We need to see what he can offer. If. If he can maintain our trust. Az Rael pushes he thoughts to the man, feeling an opening again, making a conscious effort. ”You can call me Shade for now. You are correct. We need to move. Niceties later.”

Az Rael hears Bryke whisper to him, looks up and replies,
Whispered Voice to Bryke
Wraith, we are leaving now. Make your way to the exit. Keep your eyes open. Hurry.
Then turns to the entourage of beings they have gathered. ” Who is the. The. Thing? Oh never mind. We need to get out of here now. Lets go back the way we came.” Az Rael looks at Erebos and Scythe, ”Scythe, you have the honor of going first. Ereobs, you take the mark with you right behind Scythe. Hidden, you go behind Erebos and watch his back. I’ll follow next with Bryke.” Az Rael turns to the monstrous creature, cocks his head, ”Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth? You monstro, you watch rear. Don’t let evil guards shoot us.” Az Rael nods at him thinking, What the hell is that thing?

Turning back to the door Az Rael says, ”Ok people, lets do this. Eyes open. Lets not get caught with our pants down like we just did. Tight formation.” He then looks directly at Bryke at taps the side of his helmet like he has a thought and pushes his inner voice to Byke, ”Hello my friend. We have lots to discuss. Keep an Eye on the orange thing for me will you?”

On his way through the door Az Rael check the radio to see if it is still being jammed. He switches through the frequencies in the guards helmet to see if he can hear any communication traffic.

skills
Radio: Basic 72% vs 1d100 = 2
P.P.E.: 65 / 99
I.S.P.: 47 / 47
H.P.: 34 / 34
S.D.C.: 82 / 82

Perception Bonus: 52%
+15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% dealing with Vampires/Undead, +5% Ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
BA-26 EBA armor M.D.C: 90 / 90

Charm/Impress: 25%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 60%
Horror/Awe Factor: 12

Az Rael

Always On
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis (special)
  • Sense the Presence of Vampire and Vampire Intelligences (Special)
  • Sence Rifts and Ley Lines (special)

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Commando lvl 5
  • Number of Attacks: 5 (+1 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • P.P.E.: Channel 15 P.P.E per attack
  • Initiative Bonus: +4
  • Strike Bonus: +6 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Parry Bonus: +7 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Dodge Bonus: +7 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Entangle: +2
  • HTH Damage Bonus: +4
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +3
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch: +5
  • Bonus to Disarm: +1
  • Bonus to Automatic Body Flip: +1
  • Bonus to Automatic Dodge: +3

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Magic (varies): +2
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+):
  • Insanity (12+): +8
  • Psionics (varies): +8
  • Mind Control via psionics or drugs: +1
  • Horror Factor (varies): +9
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Consumer » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:44 pm

Jail House Rock
Date and Time wrote:Time since arrival in system: 61 hours.
Time since landing on station: 01:10:00 hours. 5 minutes has passed since last GM Post.

Skills
Az Rael: Radio: Basic (Checking to see if the radio is still Jammed): Yep, still very much jammed. Golgan Polka.
Érebos: No skills used.
Alvidan: No skills used.
Scythe: Detect Ambush (Keep an eye on ambush points, bottlenecks or for ambushers): Not too many, unless the prison cells are rigged to disgorge assailants... then there is a lot.
Lore, Creatures of Magic (Third party yank them out? The Tattoo man or the female caster?): None come to mind.
Lore, Dimensions (Potential dimensional organizations with such resources?): Likely more than can be count easily, but none come to mind.
Lore, Aliens (Likely alien tools with Beaming, Phase or Transporter technology?): None come to mind.
Lore, Magic (Did it look like a Talisman was being used? Did they go invisible or teleport away?): Could have been a Talisman.
Lore, Magic (Properly identify type of magic Erebos uses): Unsure, but it does seem to incorporate a lot of shadows.
Lore, Creatures of Magic (Identify what Erebos is): No clue, he isn't showing any skin and is wearing a cloak, also he is basically a shadow.
Lore, Dimension (Identify where Erebos could be from): Not a clue.
Bryke: No skills used.
Brackus: No skills used.

Everyone generally gathers at the door leading into engineering. A flurry of communication and spells goes on, and somehow things get worked out between the Bio-Borg and Scythe joining the group for at least on the trip out. Érebos basically threatens the Dread pirate Nagh into compliance with his strange plan and is now trapped in Érebos' Book of Banishment, while Bryke gathers up two very generic looking Contra-Grav packs.

A confusing and generally strange route takes the group back to the airlock they came in through, this leaves them with only one question. How is Brackus going to get to the Star Ghost?

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Brackus: Psychic Body Field: Destroyed, Main Body: -210 M.D.C.
Bryke: Cosmic Armor: -40 M.D.C. -40 P.P.E., -25 I.S.P., -1 use of Cosmic Armor.
Scythe: W-F1 AoI: 80/100 M.D.C., -16 P.P.E., -4 I.S.P.
Alvidan: -30 P.P.E., -4 I.S.P.
Dread Pirate Nagh: Armor of Ithan: 30/30, Personal Health: -47 M.D.C.
Erebos: -32 P.P.E. (Missing some earlier stuff.)
Az Rael: Armor (Main Body): 40/90; Shadow Skin: Destroyed.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Érebos » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:12 am

Perception: 1d100 = 28/69%, or 74% when pertaining to Shadow Magic
see perception modifiers here -->

JIC (100): 1d100 = 47 [Make removable]
JIC (20): 1d20 = 14 [Make removable]

Skill Rolls:
Intelligence (see if anything is out of place when viewing the area on the other side of the airlock): 1d100 = 52/65%

Conditions (at the end of this post; time format= minutes:seconds): Shadow Skin (18 M.D.C.): 39:30 remaining; Whispered Voice (Communication) 39:30 remaining; Fly as the Eagle: 70:30 remaining; Shadowsight: 9:45 remaining; Shadeshield: 35:00 remaining

Az Rael wrote:Az Rael looks at Erebos and Scythe, ”Scythe, you have the honor of going first. Ereobs, you take the mark with you right behind Scythe. Hidden, you go behind Erebos and watch his back. I’ll follow next with Bryke.”

The Shadow Mage glares dangerously at Az Rael as his real name slips. "Who?" he says out loud as soon as he hears the word "Erebos".

What the fuck are you doing, Az? Have you forgotten your loyalties and the importance of secrecy? A little bit of stress and you fall apart? he thinks, losing an immense amount of confidence in his "leader" as a result.

Maybe that 'new guy' got into his head... he thinks as he suspiciously looks back and forth between Az Rael and the newcomer (Scythe). Az Rael does seem to be suddenly deferential to this 'Scythe'...

The Shadow Mage keeps mostly to himself on the return journey to the airlock, stewing at Az Rael's monumental mistake and deciding if he's willing to risk compromising himself and the Sunaj mission as a result.

Perhaps Reaper should know about this he thinks as his, Az Rael's, and the Sunaj fate in general cycle through the Shadow Mage's mind.

Consumer wrote:Everyone generally gathers at the door leading into engineering. A flurry of communication and spells goes on, and somehow things get worked out between the Bio-Borg and Scythe joining the group for at least on the trip out. Érebos basically threatens the Dread pirate Nagh into compliance with his strange plan and is now trapped in Érebos' Book of Banishment, while Bryke gathers up two very generic looking Contra-Grav packs.

A confusing and generally strange route takes the group back to the airlock they came in through, this leaves them with only one question. How is Brackus going to get to the Star Ghost?

Érebos says, "A moment, please."

He then uses his Shadowsight to see outside the airlock, shifting his vision to the shadows outside the airlock door, to see what things look like on the outside. (ooc: The Shadow Mage is looking for anything out of the ordinary or out of place as compared to the way they left things... if he can see the Star Ghost from a shadow, he will observe that as well... especially looking for signs of any other presences or disturbances)
Shadowsight
Range: Self; 100 foot radius.
Duration: Four minutes per level of experience (Shadow Mage)
Saving Throw: None.
P.P.E.: Seven (Shadow Mage)
When under the effect of this spell, every shadow within range becomes the spell caster’s eyes and ears. Wherever there is a shadow within range, the mage can spy effortlessly and without any chance of detection, as if he were actually standing, concealed, in the shadow itself. Indoors and underground, this spell gives the mage virtually complete surveillance capabilities over a large area. As the spell caster moves, so does the area of effect. However, the mage must direct his attention to a particular shadow and the sights and sounds around it, not all shadows at once. Shadowsight cannot see through walls, but if there is a shadow around the corner or on the other side of a wall, and within range of the spell, then the spell caster can still view and hear what is happening.

Érebos will take his time, scanning the area and choosing multiple shadows within range (100' radius) to get a good feel for what things look like. If everything appears normal, he will say, "All appears to be as we left it." If not, he will report what he sees to the group as he sees it.
Current Status

Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12
  • Recognize Vampires by Appearance: 10% per level of experience. +10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires, -30% to recognize Master Vampires unless openly flaunting its power and demonic nature.
  • Friend of the Shadows: Denizens of the Shadow Realm see the Shadow Mage as one of their own, and will not attack him unless directly commanded to do so by a Shadow Wraith or Shadow Lord (or unless the Mage attacks them first).
  • Can sense the presence of ley lines up to 5 miles away, nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away. Can tell when there is more than one ley line or nexus within their sensing range, but are unable to pinpoint the exact location. They know the general direction and whether it is closer or farther away, weak or powerful, and if a Rift is opened.

• Bonuses while in Shadow or Darkness: +2 to Perception Rolls; +1 to Strike, Parry and Dodge; +3 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells; impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension; and is never afraid of any kind of darkness (feels at home and safe in darkness). Heals injuries at 1d6 per hour of rest or meditation.
  • Penalties and Vulnerabilities: -2 Spell Strength when cast in areas of bright artificial light or sunlight (with no shadow to cast in), and all spell effects, range, damage, duration etc. of Shadow Magic are reduced by half. -2 to Perception Rolls and initiative, -5% on skill performance when in daylight, overcast (without shadows), or exposed to bright artificial light. Vulnerable to silver! Any kind of silver blade or bullet does double damage. Over time, some Shadow Mages (5% chance per level- not allergic @ level 1, roll again next level!) become allergic to sunlight and suffer from headaches and nausea when exposed to it for more than one hour (-15% to skill performance, reduce speed 20%, -1 melee attack and -1 on all combat bonuses).
  • Speed: Érebos runs at 700 meters per minute, 175 meters per melee round, 26mph! Can run at half that speed for up to 12 miles before fatigue, or 1/3 that at full speed before collapsing.
Saves
Insanity (12+): +7, and impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension
Érebos

Postby Az Rael » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:37 am

Perception: 1d100 = 86 vs 52%
JIC: 1d20 = 6 and 1d100 = 94
Perception mods

Current Conditions
Whispered Voice (Communication) 37:00 min remaining;Ride the night wind 48:00 min remaining

When they reach the door Az Rael looks down at the environmental suit Erebos brought from the ghost. He looks over at Brackus, Well that isn't going to fit. Az Rael looks back down the corridor they came, This mission turned sideways quick. Now we are a transportation barge. I hope I haven't misjudged these two. We can use the help if that other group comes back Az Rael turns back to the group, "Ok, listen up. Things change. We have a couple passengers now. We will discuss transportation fees later. Right now I need a way to get this thing back to the ship." Az Rael turns to Brackus and looks him up and down.

"Can you survive in space?" He shakes his head in anticipation the answer is no and looks back at the others. "Sound off folks, who has a trick up their sleeve? He obviously isn't fitting in the suit we brought." Az Rael motion towards the bio-borg and the environment suit. Az Rael wonders for a brief second, Is he even worth the trouble, We could just open the door and see what happens. Or, We send him out first to find out if there is an ambush waiting. Always a value. He smirks a bit at the last thought. Az Rael pulls the guard helmet off and puts his own back on and seals it.

"Shroud, you have the mark in that book. You sure the environment isn't going to affect him? Don't want to make assumptions that will end up costing he mission. Az Rael runs through comms again to see if the signal is still being jammed out near the edges of the prison. Not out of the woods yet. Need to get to the ghost. Then to the wrong ship. Then home. Lots of ground to cover still. Looking toward Brykes a bit of angst grows in Az Rael's stomach, "Wraith, You know the ghost best. We all gonna fit? Or do we need to acquire additional means of travel?"

+15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% dealing with Vampires/Undead, +5% Ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Érebos » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:19 pm

**rolls held**

Conditions: Conditions (at the end of this post; time format= minutes:seconds): Shadow Skin (18 M.D.C.): 39:30 remaining; Whispered Voice (Communication) 39:30 remaining; Fly as the Eagle: 70:30 remaining; Shadowsight: 9:45 min remaining

Az Rael wrote:"Shroud, you have the mark in that book. You sure the environment isn't going to affect him? Don't want to make assumptions that will end up costing he mission.

"I'm not going to wave it around carelessly in the environment of space to find out, Shade," he says sharply to Az Rael, with a special emphasis on the name.

Az Rael wrote:"Can you survive in space?" He shakes his head in anticipation the answer is no and looks back at the others. "Sound off folks, who has a trick up their sleeve? He obviously isn't fitting in the suit we brought."

I have a solution... he thinks as he glances at Brackus. But the Shadow Mage isn't sure whom he can trust anymore, so he remains silent...for now.
Current Status

Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12

Saves
Érebos

Postby Alvidan » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:59 pm

Perception (26%): 1d100 = 93
JIC: 1d20 = 7
JIC%: 1d100 = 51

Alvidan says, "I could build a space suit, given time and materials, but our friend here is a bio-borg. If I am not mistaken, he is tough enough to withstand the conditions of space, as long as he can breathe"

I could be mistaken, I am a mechanic, not a biologist or a wizard, he thinks
Alvidan

Constant Abilities:
Telemechanics
Sense Ley Lines within 5 miles, Nexus points within 10 miles, and open rifts within 20 miles

Other Specials:
Sixth Sense
Telemechanics

Alvidan

Postby Az Rael » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:27 pm

Az Rael wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 86 vs 52%
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 6 and Original post: 1d100 = 94

Perception mods

Current Conditions
Whispered Voice (Communication) 37:00 min remaining;Ride the night wind 48:00 min remaining

Erebos' sharp tone doesn't go unnoticed. He turns his head sharply to look at him for what seems like a long minute. "One would wonder." he says. His eyes, hidden behind the helmet of his environment suit, squint inquisitively. You disappear during our most integral part of the mission, only to return in time to slow me down and almost get the mark killed. I make a slip of the tongue and you bring the light to focus on what should have been left to the shadows unnoticed, jeopardizing our most sacred secret beyond my own mistake . Are you deliberately trying to sabotage this mission. I see you old friend but I wonder is it you. "Keep it safe, I would hate to think you might let a small mistake jeopardize the mission," he says wondering what has changed with Erebos.

Az Rael turn's from him saying, "If we have no solution, the beast may need to head to the airlocks we saw on our way in. He can gain access to the guards ships without fear of loss in atmosphere." He turns to the Bio-Borg, "You have obviously suffered at the hand of the splugs, for that I hope you find peace. We have no means of getting you to our ship. Head to the main airlocks. The mercs may have cleared it. I can not help you with that. " Az Rael, turns away, The enemy of my enemy, but today is not the day..

He looks at the team, "Why are we wasting time. The beast has a way out and we need to be on our way. Seal up and lets go." He turns to Scythe, "Mystery man, if you would be so kind as to lead the way through the airlock it would be much appreciated." Everyone works for their ride. Go canary. Fly true and let us know what is out there.

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Érebos » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:03 pm

**rolls held**

Az Rael wrote:"One would wonder."
"Keep it safe, I would hate to think you might let a small mistake jeopardize the mission," he says wondering what has changed with Erebos.

"Speaking of wondering, safety, and mistakes - I didn't expose the mark like a fucking glow stick at midnight, dilly dally with mercs, or turn our payday into a pincushion when he was under my care," comes the retort without so much as a moment's hestitation, as Érebos returns the stare.

A real leader knows that there are no 'small mistakes.' Either own your fuck ups and take responsibility for everything that happens, or get the hell out of our way and let a competent leader lead. Your true priorities are revealing themselves more and more by the moment.

Az Rael wrote:He turns to Scythe, "Mystery man, if you would be so kind as to lead the way through the airlock it would be much appreciated."

That's it. This ends right now.

The Shadow Mage immediately cancels the Whispered Voice spell on the entire team and says to Az Rael (in the Whisper language): "We're not going anywhere until you come clean about your special 'arrangement' with this person, Shade," says the Shadow Mage, once again with the extra emphasis on the nickname as he slightly nods toward Scythe.

Continuing in Whisper:"You've been acting strangely ever since he appeared, and I think it rather unusual that our esteemed leader suddenly defers to a complete stranger, takes risks with matters far more important than this petty 'mission', and suddenly finds within himself suffering from a bleeding heart for other, unknown escapees without so much as a single pertinent question of them..." he says as he slightly nods his head toward Brackus this time.

Finally (again, in Whisper): "No, I think we've got a little more time, and none is wasted by explaining your actions to those who entrust their lives to you. So, let's hear it... Captain."

Érebos stands there with his Shadeshield, facing Az Rael with a burning stare - not that anyone can tell, since he's still completely covered from head to toe in Shadow Skin. The Sunaj isn't budging, and he's confident he holds the cards since he's got the Book which holds their payday.

Let's see where your loyalties really lie... the ball is in your court now. Make the right move...
Current Status

Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12

Saves
Érebos

Postby Az Rael » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:09 am

Az Rael wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 86 vs 52%
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 6 and Original post: 1d100 = 94

Current Conditions
Ride the night wind 48:00 min remaining

When Erebos touches on the mark almost dying it strikes a cord in Az Rael's inner soul. His shoulder drop ever so slightly and his thoughts reflect his inner doubt, Your right dear old friend, it was my fault. I stopped. I hesitated and let my emotional bonds affect my reasoning. I should have never slowed to wait for you. With the final thought his back stiffens straight and he turns back to Erebos in time to hear his switch to using Whisper to speak, Again, he does it again. He lets these clues to our dark nature come to light. Why? Why would he do this? Does he have another adgenda? You are slipping, we have three in our midst who do not need to know we speak the language of the shadows. Or even guess at it. Anger starts to wash over Az Rael as his feeling that Erebos is Trying to sabotage the mission.

In whisper he replies with an angry tone, "I thought you smarter than this. I defer to no one. Not even you. The arrangement is simple, he helps us and he gets a ride. Unless you have become blind as well, we are becoming more and more outnumbered. As for my actions, I use the tools I am given. The beast is an abomination of the splugorth I hoped to use against them. Your myopic vision may not allow you to see the end game. If you wish to talk more we have plenty of time on our way back to center. For now I would rather get off this rock before the mercenaries and the guards out flank us. If you wish to challenge leadership your timing is shit. Now if you are done throwing a tantrum I say we leave now. We can discuss your disappearance and insubordination later."Az Rael maintains a heavy emphasis on the word "time" when it is said.

Az Rael turns to Vidan, speaking the common tongue, "Your suggestion is noted and appreciated. The beast will find another way. We don't have the," Az Rael pauses to turn back to Erebos finishing sternly, "TIME." Az Rael walks to the airlock and puts his hand on the console looking back at the entire group, "I imagine if you haven't checked your seals you do so quickly." He pauses, then says emphatically, "We are leaving. Now." Before opening the airlock he turns back to Erebos, speaking in whisper once again, "The stranger goes first, if there is an ambush he takes the brunt of it. For our safety I would rather have his back to us. It is easier to insert my knife that way. Now lets get out of here and collect our bounty."

Turning back to the console he thinks to himself, Erebos is becoming unstable. Madness from space? I must keep his mental state in my thoughts when planning from here out. Is he not thinking ahead. These mercs would not just abandon their mission. I expect they are regrouping and preparing for a new assault. We need to get back to the wrong ship and make sure it is still there.

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Scythe » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:22 am

JiC: 1d100 = 70 / 1d20 = 11
Perception [33%]: 1d100 = 83

Shade's Mind wrote:”You can call me Shade for now. You are correct. We need to move. Niceties later.”

”Scythe, you have the honor of going first. Erebos, you take the mark with you right behind Scythe. Hidden, you go behind Erebos and watch his back. I’ll follow next with Bryke.” .. ”Ok people, lets do this. Eyes open. Lets not get caught with our pants down like we just did. Tight formation.”

Erebosian Shroud wrote:"Who?"

Scythe will glance between the two but say nothing after his initial response. Who didn't he mention. Erebos was mentioned, so was Hidden and Bryke. Time will tell. To Shade, he turns with an incline to his head and draws his sword in a defensive, low ready posture.

To Shroud, he looks to the book he used on the Dread Pirate and says, "That is a most impressive tool." But nothing else as he takes the lead with the eviscerator drawn and ready.

Shroud wrote:"A moment, please." ... "All appears to be as we left it."

Shade wrote:"Ok, listen up. Things change. We have a couple passengers now. We will discuss transportation fees later. Right now I need a way to get this thing back to the ship."

Might make it out of here after all. I could allow the borg to breathe in space, then it could just float over there.. Scythe doesn't add anything and will wait patiently and quietly for the operators on their mission to determine their escape path, not immediately having an answer for the seventeen foot bio-borg that began accompanying them also.

Shroud wrote:"I'm not going to wave it around carelessly in the environment of space to find out, Shade,"

Scythe will take a moment and see if he identifies the magic being used on the book to seek an answer to the question while the two deliberate.

Lore, Magic [58%]: 1d100 = 31

Hidden wrote:"I could build a space suit, given time and materials, but our friend here is a bio-borg. If I am not mistaken, he is tough enough to withstand the conditions of space, as long as he can breathe"

"I can easily enough make this bio-borg able to survive without air for a time. He could simply be pushed out onto the hatch, or carried; inside the ship is different. He does seem rather large, more so than the overtly large Promethean. Yes, I volunteer to carry if needed." Scythe states, noting he is in his full-custom W-F1 armor capable of doing such lifting. He'll do a respectful nod towards Byrke when he mentions the Promethean.

Shade wrote:"Keep it safe, I would hate to think you might let a small mistake jeopardize the mission," ... Why are we wasting time. The beast has a way out and we need to be on our way. Seal up and lets go." ... "Mystery man, if you would be so kind as to lead the way through the airlock it would be much appreciated."

Deliberating here is a waste of time, to be sure. Any arguments can be had on their ship, safely traveling away from here. Center, I think is fair to ask. Scythe nods to the one whom identified themselves as Shade. "Then we go." And makes for the Airlock.

Shroud wrote:"Speaking of wondering, safety, and mistakes - I didn't expose the mark like a fucking glow stick at midnight, dilly dally with mercs, or turn our payday into a pincushion when he was under my care,"

Scythe turns to the one called Shroud, "Your mark could've easily been their mark as well. Perhaps they preferred the mark dead so both contracts flopped."

Shade wrote: "We are leaving. Now."

Scythe nods again, moving to open the airlock with his eviscerator drawn in preparation for an ambush. Unless more deliberation needs to occur, Scythe will simply move past the cloaked one called Shroud regardless of his obstruction, unless he specifically stands in his way.

At the airlock, Scythe will look back and add, "Whatever this is, deal with it in private and not in a hostile zone. Let's get out of here, anything else can be safely resolved on your ship." Scythe will state, not understanding the whispered language at first (but will have casted tongues by this point likely), but picking up enough in common that they are having a huge disagreement and reacting to the common words used. What the hell is going on. There is a time for interpersonal drama, and it's not while on a mission; are they truly a mercenary outfit? I've noticed the lack of the name Erebos, were everyone else names were added, including this Shroud in the place of. Curious. Dark past, I'd wager. The only one I haven't seen yet is this Erebos.

Intelligence [53%]: 1d100 = 100 (Pick up pieces of the conversation)
Public Speaking [48%]: 1d100 = 34 (Try to encourage shutting up and cooperating)
Detect Ambush [53%]: 1d100 = 49 (Ambush)

Tessa, The Altess Eviscerator,
Tessa, the Altess Eviscerator, is also quietly observing and prepared to offer insight. The sword is keen on maintaining damage control, understanding how laws, contracts and the like operate in civilized worlds, as well as the basis of humanoid cultures. Turning these skills, Tessa will hopefully be able to provide insight on this team, their origins. When it is time to depart, Tessa will have already hopefully located the hatch release and command for its operation, and is ready to tell Scythe that information. (Note skills below for the above)
• • Damage Control and Disaster Response -- 98%: 1d100 = 65
• • Law, Space CCW and Phase World -- 98%: 1d100 = 24
• • Computer Operation -- 98%: 1d100 = 24
• • Anthropology -- 98%: 1d100 = 66

Contingency
When Scythe hears a language he does not understand, he will cast Tongues from beneath his visor, not broadcasting the incantation to determine if he can understand the newly spoken languages.

Scythe will not react to the words spoken via the Whispered Language if he understands it. Okay, maybe they are a merc group. I'd use the new guy as a buffer too.
“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
Scythe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad)

Active Stats, Conditions and Equipment
Active Stats:
P.P.E.: 166/173 || I.S.P.: 39/39 | M.D.C.: 90/90
Current Active Conditions: Horror Factor 10 || Fire/Cold 1/2 DMG || Regenerates 1d6*5 M.D.C. /minute || Sixth Sense (2) || Sense Magic in Use (300/ft)

Active Equipment:
Warlock Combat Armor W-F1 Model || M.D.C. by location; W-F1 Armor of Ithan: 100/100 | Shoulder(L): 100/100 \/ Shoulder(R): 100/100 | Arm(L): 120/120 \/ Arm(R): 120/120 | Leg(L): 150/150 \/ Leg(R): 150/150| Head: 80/80 | Head Armor of Ithan: 50/50| MB: 320/320
Light Concealed LLW Armor (under W-F1) || M.D.C. by location; MB: 40/40 | Arm(L):15/15 \/ Arm(R): 15/15 | Leg(L):25/25\/ Leg(R): 25/25
Altess Eviscerator (Patron) || M.D.C. 500/500 | Regenerates 2d6 M.D.C./hour | Melee DMG: 6d6 M.D.C. | Electrical Discharge; Range: Touch or up too 200', DMG: 4d6, Payload: 4 (Regenerates 4 every hour)
Phase Beamer || Range: 400', DMG 3d6 or 4d6. || Does S.D.C. to S.D.C. and M.D.C. to M.D.C. and Force fields. Does not damage armor.
Scythe

Postby Bryke » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:07 am

Perception: 34% 1d100 = 98
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 21

Conditions:

Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Doesn't breathe air and is immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and has eagle-like normal vision.
Sixth Sense
HF 10

Shadow Skin: 43:15 min:sec remaining; Whispered Voice (Communication) 43:15 min:sec remaining; Cosmic Armor: 38:00 min:sec, 200mdc, hover or fly at mach one, ½ damage taken from MD cold/heat/fire/plasma [(2) Qlu'Bar left for the day],

Intentions:
We must make haste… WHAT were they after? We can find out later… wha- can he fit? Bryke is thinking before turning focus abruptly to Brackus.

There is no longer any room for a being of this size.” Bryke states matter of factly.

You COULD be tethered to the hull and dragged along the outside through open space- The Promethean thinks flatly.

Noticing the helmet cue from Az Rael:
"Truest, this one hears you, are you well... you have need of speaking privately?" Activating Telepathy and speaking with Az Rael.

When over hearing, not understanding the words in the communication, but seeing the body language between Az Rael and Erebos from inside the darkness, and with how abruptly the merc team left, the promethean decides to be prepared for anything.
(ooc: Bryke can see in total darkness... might that help the promethean to see Erebos? Also Bryke knows you all are shadow mages, and by body language and the sound where Erebos might be. ?)

Bryke calls the modified PH-400 Phase Beamer via Fast Draw [4-80 isp] ability (The phase beamer is on the ghost and was parked on the asteroid, the isp strain should give indication of if the Ghost has moved)

"Not here, back to the Ghost where we can hash out our grievances, civilized, and relatively friendly..." The Promethean says focusing on the ship "This one can live out here in open space- but wouldn't want to." Bryke says before phase-teleporting to the Ghost.

Abilities:
Fast Draw: [4-80 isp]
Telepathy: [4 isp]
Phased Teleportation: 79% | 1d100 = 11

Contingencies:

Bryke will dodge/parry if attacked
DODGE: 1d20+6 = 22, 1d20+6 = 17, 1d20+6 = 15, 1d20+6 = 23, 1d20+6 = 8, 1d20+6 = 20
PARRY: 1d20+6 = 13, 1d20+6 = 19, 1d20+6 = 13, 1d20+6 = 24, 1d20+6 = 7, 1d20+6 = 22
Last edited by Bryke on Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:05 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 75%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
Bryke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Érebos » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:48 pm

**rolls held**

The Shadow Mage says no more and complies with everything asked of him by Az Rael and the Galactic Rogues all the way back to Center until he gets his share of the payday money.

OOC Comments
I am putting this character inactive effective immediately for the time being. Please NPC him as needed to get the payday. Thanks! It's been fun guys, but I need to step away for now.
Current Status

Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12

Saves
Érebos

Postby Consumer » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:13 pm

Jail House Rock
Date and Time wrote:Time since arrival in system: 86 hours. 25 hours have passed since last GM Post.

The group pauses for a moment to discus what to do next. The conversation goes from normal to an out right argument between a few members, before it quiets down again. With no one in the party really having a way to help the Bio-Borg it shrugs and begins working it's way back up the chamber to try it's luck with the other ships. Not having anything else holding the group back they slowly and carefully make their way back to the Star Ghost which is hidden in a crater nearby. After everyone has boarded and the air pressure equalizes, the ship is technically ready to depart.

With no major hangups or issues the Ghost phases out and makes it's way to the safety of the asteroid field. From there a lengthy trip is made to reach the groups primary ship, The Wrong Ship. It takes twenty or so minutes for the group to get the Star Ghost into the cargo bay and get everything pressurized once more. Leaving the team ready to leave the area.

To save you all time, no other ships have been detected, and no other radio signals seem to be, being broadcast up till the point of landing on The Wrong Ship. PMs have been sent to those who needed special info. Also Erebos sequesters himself in his quarters after releasing the mark, and refuses to talk with others. ~Consumer

What are your intentions?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Scythe » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:12 pm

JiC: 1d100 = 74 / 1d20 = 4
Perception [33%]: 1d100 = 24

Scythe will do whatever is needed to aid in the expedient departure from their current location when they arrive at The Wrong Ship. When there is a moment's pause, he will seek out the one he identified as Shade. When he approaches Shade, he will allow the visor of his W-F1's cowl to fold back to reveal his face. Hopefully this can ease tensions.

"With your mark intact, I suppose we should settle up. Is Center along your path, or some other such hub? Where would you like me to stay for the trip, I only need a cot and to be out of the way." Scythe states in common, maintaining as little burden as possible while completely at their mercy.

Scythe hasn't really spoken to anyone else besides a few side comments, so he will resign from seeking anyone at first. He will not shy away from anyone who approaches him.
“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Active Stats:
Current Active Conditions: Horror Factor 10 || Fire/Cold 1/2 DMG || Regenerates 1d6*5 M.D.C. /minute || Sixth Sense (2) || Sense Magic in Use (300/ft)

Active Equipment:
Warlock Combat Armor W-F1 Model || M.D.C. by location; W-F1 Armor of Ithan: 100/100 | Shoulder(L): 100/100 \/ Shoulder(R): 100/100 | Arm(L): 120/120 \/ Arm(R): 120/120 | Leg(L): 150/150 \/ Leg(R): 150/150| Head: 80/80 | Head Armor of Ithan: 50/50| MB: 320/320
Light Concealed LLW Armor (under W-F1) || M.D.C. by location; MB: 40/40 | Arm(L):15/15 \/ Arm(R): 15/15 | Leg(L):25/25\/ Leg(R): 25/25
Altess Eviscerator (Patron) || M.D.C. 500/500 | Regenerates 2d6 M.D.C./hour | Melee DMG: 6d6 M.D.C. | Electrical Discharge; Range: Touch or up too 200', DMG: 4d6, Payload: 4 (Regenerates 4 every hour)
Phase Beamer || Range: 400', DMG 3d6 or 4d6. || Does S.D.C. to S.D.C. and M.D.C. to M.D.C. and Force fields. Does not damage armor.
Scythe

Postby Alvidan » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:37 am

Perception (26%): 1d100 = 92
JIC: 1d20 = 16
JIC%: 1d100 = 83

Alvidan says, "It is too bad we could not help the bio-borg. His like can have tremendous raw power, that can be useful to a mercenary group."

He adds, "During a mission is not the time to debate, let us get back to our ship and start home. While we travel, we will have time to air any differences."

He pauses to hand Bryke back his weapon, he has his own and did not even get to use those.

Once back on the Ghost, he will explain to our guest, "This is our shuttle, we will use it to get back to our main Ship."

He will render any assistance he can to getting back to The Wrong Ship.

Navigation: Space (45%) 1d100 = 59
Sensory Equipment (60%): 1d100 = 98

Once there, he will offer, "If anyone needs repairs done, let me know. We should have time before we get back to Center."

If Bryke comes to him with the scavenged contragravity packs, he will look them over and see what he can think of to do with them.

Telemechanics (88%): 1d100 = 53
Mechanical Engineer (30%): 1d100 = 17
Weapons Engineer (30%): 1d100 = 95
Basic Electronics (50%): 1d100 = 82

OOC Comments
All ISP and PPE should be recovered by this time
Alvidan

Constant Abilities:
Telemechanics

Other Specials:
Sixth Sense
Telemechanics

Alvidan

Postby Scythe » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:05 am

[Rolls Held]

"This is our shuttle, we will use it to get back to our main Ship."

Scythe nods towards him as he is orientated to the fact this crew has not only a ship, but a ship and smaller ship as well. Well, well, well. Seems like I bet on the right Abadauna after all, excellent. Scythe thinks to himself, pleased to a punch he jumped ship with this crew over the other one floating around at the time. He'll turn to address the one who spoke to him. "I see. You are the one known as Hidden, yes? A pleasure." He says matter of factly and will then look at of the window and/or at the ship they are approaching before docking.

He turns back to Alvidan, "Your group is most impressive, as is the collection of ships. At first I viewed my arrival on that forsaken rock as a curse, now I see it as an opportunity. Does your group work in tandem with others, or is it a smaller operation?" Scythe asks, not hiding nor shying away from his intentions behind the questions. Turn this flop into a success, if I can ally with this group, I could find access to all the resources I would ever need to get on my feet.

Active Stats:

Active Equipment:
Scythe

Postby Alvidan » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:27 am

(Rolls Held over)

Alvidan replies, "I am called Hidden, yes. We use code names in the field. We are a Mercenary company hired to do an extraction. Most of the company was destroyed in the demon and devil attacks on Center I think, I am a recent recruit so I was not with the company then. I imagine we will work with others, if there is cause. I deduce the company is likely willing to hire someone with the proper abilities and reputation. However, I can no say so for certain."

Alvidan thinks, It is not like I am telling him anything he will not find out easy enough.
Alvidan

Constant Abilities:
Telemechanics

Other Specials:
Sixth Sense
Telemechanics

Alvidan

Postby Scythe » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:08 am

[Rolls Held]

Hidden/Alvidan wrote:"I am called Hidden, yes. We use code names in the field. We are a Mercenary company hired to do an extraction. Most of the company was destroyed in the demon and devil attacks on Center I think, I am a recent recruit so I was not with the company then. I imagine we will work with others, if there is cause. I deduce the company is likely willing to hire someone with the proper abilities and reputation. However, I can no say so for certain."

Scythe nods, I see, code names in the field makes sense. I had heard rumors of the demon/deevil attack, though that was while I was gone. Scythe glances as Az, though returns his gaze to Hidden/Alivdan as he responds. "I see, most organizations such as yours would hopefully welcome an arcane specialist. I should speak to whomever makes such decision as soon as possible. My personal resources are limited currently, though my capabilities are not."

Active Stats:

Active Equipment:
Scythe

Postby Az Rael » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:29 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 97
JIC: 1d20 = 9 and 1d100 = 3

On the flight back on the ghost Az Rael stays silent, contemplating the mission as it has progressed so far, So much has gone wrong in such a short time. So many mistakes. Could I have done it differently? Would that have changed the outcome? His self doubt lingers in the back of his mind why he checks the communication equipment for outgoing signals. He is relieved and confused to find nothing out going or incoming, Did the other mercs wipe out all the guards? Why wouldn't they be reporting the situation back if not? We are definitely missing some details on this one, and I doubt it is the last we see of those mercs. The almost 24 hour ride seems like an eternity spent in silence, What could have happened? Why did he lose it like that? Az Rael can't help but feel responsible for the mental break that Erebos exhibited in the prison. He can't help but feel responsible for everything that happened.

Once the crew makes it back to the Wrong Ship, Az Rael quickly runs down the immediate needs before taking off for center. "Hidden, please make sure that the Dread Pirate is comfortable and see to his wounds the best you can. Wraith, Plot our trajectory back to center. I want to stop in orbit before we land." Az Rael then sets off to the comms and sensor stations and he sets it to constant scan for any ships or incoming signals as they travel. He sets an alarm so if no one is directly by the station it will alert the crew if found. Once everything is completed and ready he will instruct Bryke, "Wraith, Lets get under way. We have a long trip ahead of us."

Scythe wrote:"With your mark intact, I suppose we should settle up. Is Center along your path, or some other such hub? Where would you like me to stay for the trip, I only need a cot and to be out of the way." Scythe states in common, maintaining as little burden as possible while completely at their mercy.

When Scythe approaches Az Rael he replies, "I believe you are correct. It is time to settle up. Do you have any skills that would be of benefit. We have a long ride ahead of us and could use all the hands we can get along the way." Thinking to himself, This man is a stranger, useful at the moment, but we need to tread lightly. Az Rale pauses for a moment and looks down toward Erebos quarters, Seems I may be short a hand on the crew though. They put me here for a reason. I need to run the group until they tell me otherwise. There is nothing to run without crew. Can this man be useful? Az Rael looks back to Scythe, "Did you say you were a mage? I may have need of one in light of recent events. I am not afraid to say although you have held your weight so far you have a ways to go to earn full trust." He stops for a second, looking down at the floor, Is this the right move. Erebos seemed so troubled by this man. I have a feeling though. He could be useful. And if not, well, we get rid of him.

Az Rael looks back up at Scythe, "We are heading back to Center. We have some business to take care of in orbit before we land. If you would be willing to handle some backup security while we complete the transaction I can make it worth your while financially. If all goes well, I can maybe offer you a spot on the crew if your looking for work when you get back." He turns and starts to walk away, "Plenty of time to think it over I guess. As for quarters, any open cot or room is fine with me. The ship can handle more than just us. Don't touch anything operationally without speaking to me or Wraith first though. Wouldn't want you getting yourself in trouble before you make a good impression."

Az Rael walks off looking for Bryke. When he finds him privately he take a quick moment to discuss the new stranger, "I want you to keep an eye on the new guy. I offered him a spot on the crew. Don't know if we can trust him yet though, so just be watchful. Maybe talk to him a bit and see what kind of impression you get. I'll be in my quarters if you need me. I set the sensory array to track any radio signals or ships and alert us. Those mercs, don't count them out. I think we may see them again." After talking with Bryke Az Rael heads back to his quarters to freshen up after the trip to the prison.

Skills
Computer Operation 82% vs 1d100 = 82 - Set computer to alert crew if signal or ship is detected, set Radio and sensors for continuous scan
Electronic Countermeasures 65% vs 1d100 = 41 - Identify if there is anything currently being used against us to block signals
Radio: Basic 72% vs 1d100 = 83 - Look for any signals we can detect
Sensory Equipment 47% vs 1d100 = 97 - Utilize sensory equipment to see if there are any ships around
Basic Electronics 62% vs 1d100 = 30- Set computer to alert crew if signal or ship is detected, set Radio and sensors for continuous scan

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Alvidan » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:58 am

(Rolls carried over)
Alvidan suggests, "All the members I know are on board, we can present your to everyone at one time. I think official hiring has to be done back at base, but you can make your case as to why we should."

He is not sure we have someone officially in charge of hiring, but a vote by the members of the company should work.

When Az Rael suggests he take care of the Dread Pirate, he will take him to the medical bay, if it happens to include an autodoc, he can use it. He is not otherwise skilled in healing.

Computer Operation (60%) 1d100 = 3
Telemechanics (88%) 1d100 = 87
Alvidan

Constant Abilities:
Telemechanics

Other Specials:
Sixth Sense
Telemechanics

Alvidan

Postby Bryke » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:01 pm

Perception: 35% | 1d100 = 80
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 38

Conditions:

Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.

MindBlock Auto-Defense
Sixth Sense

HF: 10

Intentions:
The Time Master, happy to be back on the “Wrong Ship”, sets to meditating to replenish ppe and isp. The Promethean also spends time maintaining personal weapons and gear.

Makes rounds of checking on the the other crew members, giving them a good once over to gauge their mental states, etc. Also double checking that none are dopplegangers or carrying parasites or anything like that. A bit paranoid The Promethean wants to make sure all the crew is fit for any other confrontations in the future.

Uses Psychic Diagnosis [4] on all remaining rogues, and Dread Pirate

When opportunity presents itself Bryke will speak to the newcomer Scythe, The semi-giant Promethean speaks evenly and as a natural contrabass:

This one has seen glimpses that you may be a capable Wizard. Our Group does have- room and need of one such as this. Especially since one of our Resident mages seems to have decided on other pursuits. We would have to run it by our current Leader Az Rael, to make it official, but from what this one has seen you are welcome within our ranks if you choose. This group of capable mercs has changed much since our fight with that damned demon planet...” Bryke trails off thinking when this is said.

Wonder how Sorrenson is doing, and if we will ever see Holt alive again.

Coming back to the present

Each of us has our own reasons for being here... what are your plans or goals for the near future? Longterm?

Bryke waits for a response, and when their conversation is finished The Promethean asks,

With your permission this one will check for any injuries you may have whether you know or not?

Uses Psychic Diagnosis [4] on Scythe

Skills:

Astrophysics:| 65% | 1d100 = 44
Astrophysics:| 65% | 1d100 = 77
Astrophysics:| 65% | 1d100 = 52

Astronomy & Navigation: 60% | 1d100 = 98
Astronomy & Navigation: 60% | 1d100 = 14
Astronomy & Navigation: 60% | 1d100 = 30

Math: Basic| 95% | 1d100 = 60
Math: Advanced| 95% | 1d100 = 57

Math: Basic| 95% | 1d100 = 1
Math: Advanced| 95% | 1d100 = 29

Math: Basic| 95% | 1d100 = 54
Math: Advanced| 95% | 1d100 = 18

These are to figure out the time it will take to return to center. Speed and distance etc, handled by Astrophysics and the math for the calculations.

Contingencies:
If no one accepts Bryke's idea to use Psychic Diagnosis on them [Bryke does not say Psychic Diagnosis directly says instead, “let me look at you”], The Promethean will find a different time to do it without them suspecting.

Stops by Erebos's quarters to check on him... pausing at the door The Promethean goes to knock, but decides against it.
Guess some things are beyond our understanding
Natural Abilities

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
Bryke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Consumer » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:50 am

Skills
Alvidan: Checking the Grav Packs: Finds them to be off the shelf models with no extra frills or whistles.
About the Auto-Doc: It's broke and needs a small fortune in parts to fix, none are on the ship (Read the ship stats for more info).
Az Rael:Computer Operation (Set computer to alert crew if signal or ship is detected, set Radio and sensors for continuous scan): Not really how it works.
Electronic Countermeasures (Identify if there is anything currently being used against us to block signals): Radio seems fine.
Radio: Basic (Look for any signals we can detect): None detected.
Sensory Equipment (Utilize sensory equipment to see if there are any ships around) Hard to say in the soup that is the asteroid field.
Basic Electronics (Set computer to alert crew if signal or ship is detected, set Radio and sensors for continuous scan) Also not really how it works.
Bryke: Navigation (Crit Fail): Acording to Bryke the return home can only be done under less than stellar means, and will take six months. (That is Brykes belief and no amount of extra skill rolls will change that.)

After some discussions and orders given, the team moves about to do various tasks. While Alvidan tries to figure out why the Auto-Doc is broken, Bryke meditates and tries to plot a course, and Az Rael checks the sensors. Erebos, takes his seat at the pilots station and utilizes the ships Phase Transciever. A long moment of weightlessness and vertigo announces the transition from the Janus system to Center, as the Wrong Ship makes its way out of one of the Phase Gates in orbit.

After a few minutes, a message is forwarded from the comm array to Az Rael. "Move to these coordinates [coordinates listed] and prepare for prisoner transfer." Az Rael hears over his radio.

Medals
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Scythe » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:02 am

JiC: 1d100 = 52 / 1d20 = 9
Perception [33%]: 1d100 = 9

Az wrote: "I believe you are correct. It is time to settle up. Do you have any skills that would be of benefit. We have a long ride ahead of us and could use all the hands we can get along the way." ... "Did you say you were a mage? I may have need of one in light of recent events. I am not afraid to say although you have held your weight so far you have a ways to go to earn full trust."

Scythe nods, "I am a mage, and I would be willing to aid during the transit back, just point me where. I am no stranger to building trust."

"We are heading back to Center. We have some business to take care of in orbit before we land. If you would be willing to handle some backup security while we complete the transaction I can make it worth your while financially. If all goes well, I can maybe offer you a spot on the crew if your looking for work when you get back." He turns and starts to walk away, "Plenty of time to think it over I guess. As for quarters, any open cot or room is fine with me. The ship can handle more than just us. Don't touch anything operationally without speaking to me or Wraith first though. Wouldn't want you getting yourself in trouble before you make a good impression."

"Consider me as added security when you get to Center then. As for potentially joining this motley crew, we can iron out details after you finish your current job, if you'd like, though I am intrigued. I have only one stipulation of my own, my blade and my armor are mine, and would appreciate the same level of respect regarding your group's equipment for mine." Scythe responds to Az Rael before he moves to his next task. Excellent. Not like I know how to work most if any of these ships controls. I'll find a bunk.

Bryke wrote:“This one has seen glimpses that you may be a capable Wizard. Our Group does have- room and need of one such as this. Especially since one of our Resident mages seems to have decided on other pursuits. We would have to run it by our current Leader Az Rael, to make it official, but from what this one has seen you are welcome within our ranks if you choose. This group of capable mercs has changed much since our fight with that damned demon planet...” ... “Each of us has our own reasons for being here... what are your plans or goals for the near future? Longterm?”

Scythe noticeably offers the Promethean a more formal nod when it speaks to him. "Seems like there is a great deal of history to this group, to be sure. Right now, I just need resources and allies, these galaxies are not whimsically traveled." When Byrke offers to check his injuries, with aa Psionic Diagnosis, Scythe will hold his hand up with a shake of his head. "I appreciate the concern, though I received no injury. Your mark might need your capabilities more. I am going to take one of the bunks over there, let me know if my help is needed before we arrive."

Scythe will then spend the rest of the time quietly sitting on a bunk with his blade resting against his shoulder in its sheath, and to anyone who sees him, Scythe appears to enter a meditative trance. Okay, Tess. Opening log file 01AA03.5. Ready. What we know; the time wandered dropped us off at a Prison Station instead of Center. One must wonder if that was intentional or if my travel was noticed by another. We are still unsure as to my own origins, which opens up an irritating amount of possibilities. Once on the station though, I was able to make contact with someone who is friendly-ish. They are mercenaries, after all. One might require a closer eye, they did not seem pleased at my sudden appearance, which no one can truly fault them for, though I shall ensure my guard is up. Their mark received, I am finally enroute back to Center, not that I know what to look for there. Make a note to keep an eye out for practitioners and spellweavers on Center, as well as other potential allies. End Log. Scythe remains in a meditative position until they arrive on center.

Upon arrival to Center, Scythe will fall in line with the group and take a position near the front unless posted elsewhere.

Active Stats:

Active Equipment:
Scythe

Postby Alvidan » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:16 am

Perception (26%): 1d100 = 79
JIC: 1d20 = 2
JIC%: 1d100 = 35

Consumer wrote:
Skills
Alvidan: Checking the Grav Packs: Finds them to be off the shelf models with no extra frills or whistles.
About the Auto-Doc: It's broke and needs a small fortune in parts to fix, none are on the ship (Read the ship stats for more info).
Az Rael:Computer Operation (Set computer to alert crew if signal or ship is detected, set Radio and sensors for continuous scan): Not really how it works.
Electronic Countermeasures (Identify if there is anything currently being used against us to block signals): Radio seems fine.
Radio: Basic (Look for any signals we can detect): None detected.
Sensory Equipment (Utilize sensory equipment to see if there are any ships around) Hard to say in the soup that is the asteroid field.
Basic Electronics (Set computer to alert crew if signal or ship is detected, set Radio and sensors for continuous scan) Also not really how it works.
Bryke: Navigation (Crit Fail): Acording to Bryke the return home can only be done under less than stellar means, and will take six months. (That is Brykes belief and no amount of extra skill rolls will change that.)

After some discussions and orders given, the team moves about to do various tasks. While Alvidan tries to figure out why the Auto-Doc is broken, Bryke meditates and tries to plot a course, and Az Rael checks the sensors. Erebos, takes his seat at the pilots station and utilizes the ships Phase Transciever. A long moment of weightlessness and vertigo announces the transition from the Janus system to Center, as the Wrong Ship makes its way out of one of the Phase Gates in orbit.

After a few minutes, a message is forwarded from the comm array to Az Rael. "Move to these coordinates [coordinates listed] and prepare for prisoner transfer." Az Rael hears over his radio.

Alvidan quickly realizes he can not actually fix the Auto-doc without parts he does not have. He might Jury-rig it for emergency use, but afterwards it would likely be harder to repair properly. He says to our guest, "I am a mechanic, not a doctor. Without a working Auto-doc I can not treat you without risking killing you."

The transition to Center caught him by surprise, he had not realized the ship was equipped with that system, he has not had time yet to completely familiarize himself with the ship.

He says, "You probably will not be waiting long though. Unless I am mistaken, we are now in orbit about Center."

He thinks, Hopefully the exchange goes well, it is often more trouble than the extraction.
Alvidan

Constant Abilities:
Telemechanics

Other Specials:
Sixth Sense
Telemechanics

Alvidan

Postby Az Rael » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:20 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 39 vs 52%
JIC: 1d20 = 6 and 1d100 = 43

When they arrive in orbit around center Az Rael is relieved. One step closer to complete, hope they aren't angry he has some scrapes and bruises. He is alive after all. Success is success no matter how ugly, or is it? Az Rael receives the message with the coordinates and lets the team know that it is go time. He keys up the radio for ship wide comms, "Ok folks, I have coordinates and will be moving the wrong ship into position. I want everybody prepared and ready to go in the cargo bay." Az Rael releases the button, "Lets hope this goes a just a little bit smoother that the prison.

He moves to the helm and takes control of the ship, he enters the coordinates into the computer and pilots the ship to the rendezvous point. We need to control the situation. Can't let this one get away from us. Not again. Az Rael keys up the channel to Vidan directly on his radio, "Hidden, I want you to stay with the dread pirate in the back quarters. I will radio you when it is time to bring him up. Stay armed and stay aware. This could easily go sideways. This is the most likely time for it and we haven't been lucky yet." He pauses or a minute, Or maybe the only reason we are here is pure luck. Sure as hell hasn't been any great command decisions. Need to tighten up for sure. Focus. Focus on the task. Plenty of time for reflection afterwards.

Once they arrive at the coordinates Az Rael bring the ship into orbit to maintain the ships location relative to the planet. He takes a moment to check the seals on his EBA, makes sure all his weapons are fully charged and then makes his way tot he cargo bay. Just collect the money, make the exchange and go home. Easy peasy, 1. 2. 3. A Rael keys up the radio directly to Bryke, "Gonna need you locked and loaded big fella! Anyone so much as sneezes in our direction, you fire first and ask questions later. It's gonna be you me and the new guy. Hidden is gonna hang back and protect the prize. I'm heading to the cargo bay directly.

Once Az is done talking to Bryke he quickly stops by the quarters Scythe chose. "Alright, its go time. Your with me. Wraith is going to meet us there. The game plan is collect the payout then hand over the package. Hoping for a smooth transition on this one. Everything goes well and we are sitting having a cup of coffee in the conference room discussing job opportunities in a few hours. Your armor and your blade are the least of my concerns. I'm looking to do big things with this outfit. We get the right kind of jobs and succeed and we can start to name our own price." He pauses for a moment, You're talking to much Az. Just focus on the job. Focus. One thing at a time.

He turns to look directly at Scythe, "Plenty of time later to discuss. Anyway, we have to live through this first," he say matter of factly, turning back toward the hallway.

We they get tot he cargo hold Az Rael will take a position with his back close to the wall near a door exiting back deeper into the ship. He will have his rifle down in front of him at the ready, They need to know we are ready. Not too aggressive, but not pushovers.

Skills

Pilot: Spacecraft Advanced 49% vs 1d100 = 17 - if needed for a simple piloting maneuver to get the wrong ship to the coordinates.

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Alvidan » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:11 am

(Rolls carried over)
Alvidan readies his Phase Sword, in close quarters it is likely to be of more use than his other weapons. He comments to their guest, "We were hired to retrieve you, but a lot of times the people who hire for such things have no intention of actually paying. This can mean trying to kill the witnesses who can identify them...it is one reason the price for such things is high. On the off chance that someone breaks in here, either to try to free you or to try to kill you, I am here to make sure they fail. Make no mistake, the SECOND most common way to avoid paying is to try to kill the person before delivery and claim default."

Alvidan wonders, Should I make myself invisible, or would that be a waste of energy before there is any evidence of a threat. This situation is hard to judge.
Alvidan

Constant Abilities:
Telemechanics

Other Specials:
Sixth Sense
Telemechanics

Alvidan

Postby Scythe » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:29 am

[Rolls Held]

Lore, Magic [58%]: 1d100 = 69 (Alarm Placement to maximize the Spell)
Intelligence [53%]: 1d100 = 4(Critically smart) (Alarm Placement on likely doors/routes.)

Shade wrote:"Alright, its go time. Your with me. Wraith is going to meet us there. The game plan is collect the payout then hand over the package. Hoping for a smooth transition on this one. Everything goes well and we are sitting having a cup of coffee in the conference room discussing job opportunities in a few hours. Your armor and your blade are the least of my concerns. I'm looking to do big things with this outfit. We get the right kind of jobs and succeed and we can start to name our own price."

Scythe stands and re-secures his blade to his back harness and nods. They do not drop their guard even on supposed friendly ground. A good practice, the life of mercenaries is a finicky one. Scythe muses. "As you say, Shade. I can weave an early warning alarm around the room with Hidden and the Mark if you would like, along with the airlock. They will alert me to any potential intruders, which would allow us to alert Hidden assuming your radios aren't jammed. Based on which ones are tripped in which sequence, I will be able to determine if it is Hidden moving or if it is someone moving towards him, and they are untraceable. Speaking of, patch me to your outfit's radio frequencies, please." Scythe remarks to Az Rael.

If Az Rael doesn't object to his spell-weaving, he will first inform Hidden of his intentions. "Hidden, I am weaving several alarm spells as a precaution around you and the Mark. Depending on which ones are tripped and when, I will be able to determine if someone is moving towards you or if you and the Mark are leaving; remain here until your leader calls you to avoid tripping them prematurely. I will contact you if they are tripped, even if you are the one who trips them, just to be sure." Scythe states to Hidden and then he will go about weaving his magic. He will create up to five alarms (for a total of 25 PPE), ensuring at least one is on the door to Hidden and the Mark, and one on the airlock to the ship. The other three will be placed on doors that lead to the room Hidden and the Mark are in, preferably from different directions to encompass multiple paths being armed with an alarm spell.

Each one takes but a moment to create, and once he has completed the first four, will rejoin Az and Byrke at the airlock and offer a open hand. "Lead on." Once they step through the airlock, Scythe will fashion a final, fifth alarm spell on the airlock and follow his new companions to their patron's location. Scythe will rely on his danger sense to alert him of any hostiles ambushing him or those around him.

Mystic Alarm
Mystic Alarm
Range: 12 feet (3.65 m; one object).
Duration: One year per level of experience.
Saving Throw: None.
P.P.E.: Five
The spell caster can protect his or her possessions and domicile by
placing mystic alarms on them. The invocation creates invisible,
ward-like symbols on any one, specific, non-living object. If this object
is touched or disturbed by anyone other than the spell caster, a silent
alarm will buzz in the ward creator's head, alerting him to the intrusion.
The alarm will alert the mage instantly, even if he is thousands of miles
away or in another dimension. Once disturbed, the alarm disappears.
The mystic alarm has a limited life of one year per level of its creator.

Active Stats:

Active Equipment:
Scythe

Postby Az Rael » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:24 pm

Az Rael wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 39 vs 52%
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 6 and Original post: 1d100 = 43

Scythe wrote:"As you say, Shade. I can weave an early warning alarm around the room with Hidden and the Mark if you would like, along with the airlock. They will alert me to any potential intruders, which would allow us to alert Hidden assuming your radios aren't jammed. Based on which ones are tripped in which sequence, I will be able to determine if it is Hidden moving or if it is someone moving towards him, and they are untraceable. Speaking of, patch me to your outfit's radio frequencies, please." Scythe remarks to Az Rael.

Hmm, this one has some sound thoughts. I wonder what other skills he has to offer. Az Rael looks toward Scythe, "I like the idea. If it isn't going take forever go ahead and put them in place. I would rather be well informed than ignorant." Az Rael offer the radio frequencies for Scythe to use. Better that we can all communicate quickly. Communication in the prison was unacceptable. We need a better way in the future.

When Scythe finishes the spells and rejoins him, "Seems you have a bit more to offer than just magic. I look forward to discussing things with you further."

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Alvidan » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:36 pm

(Rolls held over)

Alvidan replies to the message, "Roger, alarm system activated."

(I am assuming the message was on his suit radio)

He will tell the pirate, "If anyone attempts to enter or leave this room, we will now know."

He will think, It is not a bad idea, in case, for example, the other side has someone with mind control.
Alvidan

Constant Abilities:
Telemechanics

Other Specials:
Sixth Sense
Telemechanics

Alvidan

Postby Consumer » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:58 pm

Mini GM Update.

Plans are made, skills utilized and spells are cast in what could only be called a bout of rampant paranoia. Erebos pilots the ship to the coordinates, which only take a few minutes due to traffic in the area. While the team further prepares another several minutes pass, twenty to be more accurate. When Erebos makes it known that a small shuttle no bigger that the No Target was on approach and signalling a want to dock with the much larger Wrong Ship.

Seeing as the only actual docking point is on the topside of the ship it approaches there and makes a connection with the Wrong Ship. After a minute or two of automated systems doing their thing, matching pressures and atmospheres, a radio call comes up. "Permission to board?"

When the other ship is given the okay, the airlocks are opened and a familiar human male climbs down the ladder. It is the man that some of the team met before named Mr. Johnson, he looks almost identical to when you last saw him save he is now wearing a maroon button up shirt instead of white. Once at the bottom of the ladder well, he looks to whomever is present. "So do you have the prisoner?" He says in an almost bored tone.

If/When Mr. Johnson is told about the prisoner, he smiles and nods a little. "Good, well, if you'll bring him here, so we can move him to my shuttle, we can then move onto currency transfer." He says calmly.

If/when the Dread Pirate Nagh is brought forth, Mr. Johnson nods. "Looks a little worse for wear, but he still appears to be alive. Nagh if you would board my shuttle I will get you back to your crew." Mr Johnson says, politely.

Once/If the Dread Pirate Nagh is onboard the shuttle, Mr. Johnson speaks up. Well with that done, our business is nearly completed."[/b] Mr. Johnson says as he pulls a small data slate from his coat pocket. He taps a few keys on it and turns it and shows it to whomever is closest to him. "If you select agreed, the amount agreed upon will be transferred to your bank account at the Bank of Dracul."

Once the button is pressed the device dings and says transaction complete. Mr. Johnson pockets the data slate and looks to the group. "That concludes our business, it has been a pleasure." He bows slightly before turning and climbing up the ladder. Several minutes pass as automated systems decouple the two ships and they move off to places unknown.

A check of the bank account shows that it is now six million credits heavier.

A few minutes later another message arrives to the Wrong Ship. "Nice to see you're back in system. Please make way to Thraxus' tower, he has business for you." A slightly robotic female voice says.

What are your Intentions?

Medals
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Az Rael » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:25 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 90
JIC:1d20 = 17

As the transaction takes place Az Rael is relieved, I had half expected retaliation. Thought maybe management sent the other group as a backup to us. Or even a cheaper option. Anyway deal is done. He checks the account and verifies the money is all in there and calls the crew in to discuss distribution. "Alright, gonna break 2 mil out right away for the group funds. Of course any equipment repairs are on the company. That's why we do this. That leaves 4 mil for the crew." He looks around briefly to see if anyone has any disgruntled thoughts about breaking such a large chunk for the GR group funds. If no one balks he continues.

"After that, Shroud, Wraith, Hidden and myself will take 900K each. A fair sum I believe. That would leave 400k for our newest member. If he takes the gig that is." he looks toward Scythe, "That sound fair to you?" After asking he looks around at the crew, "Sound fair to all? If so I will initiate the funds transfer. " If everyone is in agreeance Az Rael will make his way to the comms station. "You heard the robot. Seems like our esteemed client would like a word with us. Az Rael keys up the radio to respond, "Let Mr. Thaxus know we are on our way."

Az Rael turn to shroud and says, "Take us tot he base. We land then make our way to the tower. We can take a quick moment to clean up and head out."

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Scythe » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:24 pm

JiC: 1d100 = 1 / 1d20 = 6
Perception [33%]: 1d100 = 15

I am pleased to see our overt preparations were unnecessary. Scythe thinks during the hand-off, but otherwise will stand silently in the back.

Scythe makes note of the larger sum placed in the outfit's group fund with a raised eyebrow. Hmm, so they seperate the funds to cover base costs instead of everything coming out of pocket. Not a bad thought. Reassuring to know repairs and such helped as a whole. Scythe thinks to himself as Az then doles out individual rewards. Scythe is surprised when he is addressed during the distribution, not having expected anything beyond a ride for his aid.

Az Rael wrote:"That would leave 400k for our newest member. If he takes the gig that is." he looks toward Scythe, "That sound fair to you?"

Scythe turns to face Az directly and offers a slight bow of the head. "Fair, indeed. I accept. Consider me your new arcane specialist." Scythe states, nodding to each member individually. When Az Rael mentions the esteemed client Scythe's curiosity is piqued.

"Anything I should be aware of going into this meeting with our esteemed client?" Scythe questions to the others.

Scythe feels no need to return to the temporary spot he rested and remains on the bridge, standing out of the way and observing the travel to this new client he is soon to meet.

Active Stats:

Active Equipment:
Scythe

Postby Alvidan » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:24 am

Perception (26%): 1d100 = 2
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 7
JIC: 1d20 = 10
JIC%: 1d100 = 43

Alvidan escorts the Dread Pirate from sickbay and delivers him to Mr. Johnson. He, for one, is just as glad that things did not go south on the exchange.

He thinks, I more than half expected trouble with the delivery, as did the others to all appearances. Better to be cautious though.

He says after Az Rael makes his statement about the division of the spoils, "It is certainly a reasonable division, given that Scythe did not accompany us for much of the mission, but does deserve a fair reward for the help he gave us."

When Scythe asks about our client, Alvidan corrects him, "Thraxus is not a client, he is our patron, the one who bankrolls us and provides much of our gear in hard times. Please treat him with all due respect."
Alvidan

Constant Abilities:
Telemechanics

Other Specials:
Sixth Sense
Telemechanics

Alvidan

Previous

Return to Phase World: The Three Galaxies