[GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

The Anvil, Corkscrew, and Thundercloud galaxies.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Sorrenson » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:54 am

Perception: 1d100 = 65
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 31
OOC Comments
PPE: 141/151
ISP: 44/48
HP: 38
SDC: 30
NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 eacho
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 400/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
NE-800 ammo 16/16 dumb missiles - 1 more clip of smart missiles available
Fusion Blocks 5/5


Drone M.D.C
-5 from main body of each
-75 from main body of Combat Drone #A
-50 from main body of Combat Drone #B

Gear on person:
Amulet of Understanding

Light mage armor: (Worn)
M.D.C. by Location
• Hood: 20
• Arms: 15 each
• Legs: 30 each
• Main Body: 50
• Armor of Ithan: 60/60 - 5 minutes remain
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills
TW enhancements (at 6th level): armor of Ithan (10), Fly as Eagle (25), Breathe without Air (5), Impervious to Energy (20)

PH 21 Phase Beamer (Worn in shoulder holster)
Damage: 3d6 s.d.c. to s.d.c. creatures, 4d6 m.d.c. to m.d.c. beings and force fields, no damage to armor.
Rate of Fire: equal to HTH
Range: 400ft
Payload: 10 shots.
3 e-clips

TW Lightblade (shaped like a long knife, worn on belt)
Damage 1d4x10 +3 m.d.
Duration: 3 minutes
p.p.e. cost to activate: 20
Double damage to Vampires and those vulnerable to light.

Mr. Sorrenson’s Harness of Awesome V 1.0

TW Converted NE-202 Slim-Line "Widow-Maker" Heavy Plasma Cartridge Pistol
• Range: 60'
• Damage: 1D4x10 M.D. (Particle Beam)
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only.
• Payload: 4 (12 P.P.E. per Shot)

Splugorth Mega-Blade

Bone Fetish

Utility/Tool Belt

Amulet of Understanding ISP: -12

Sorrenson waits nervously with the others for Kaedras to return. "What's taking so long? How do we know if he's okay? Waiting like this sucks." He asks the others.
Spasms. That's how we'll know. His body will contort as if in agony, as he probably will be, if something goes wrong. Psychic agony most likely. One of the worst I found, the lingering effects can be felt most profoundly and stay with one for a long long time. Bleeding orifices is another sign, particularly the ears, nose and eyes. As are frothing at the mouth, tongue biting, excessive holding of the breath or sudden, intermittent yet on-going, or constant screams. However, sometimes people simply just don't come back. They become an empty vessel. That's the worst one I find as you hope they'll come back, but they never do. Never. The Amulet of Understanding replies psychically.
Well, You're a real comfort in times of stress. Sorrenson replies dryly after running these images though his head several times.

When Kaedras returns he is greatly relived. After hearing of the details of the compound, he is a little disappointed. "I was expecting a gang HQ that we could just go and stomp on. A med facility with kids is going to require a lot more care and less heavy ordnance. Sigh. I wonder if there is access through the sewers, like how Kaboom guides us around the city with his distortion thing?"
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Mara » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:04 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 43 / 65% (95% when dealing with vampires or undead)
JiC: 1d20 = 11 1d100 = 37

Conditions:

Sorrenson wrote: With a mouth full of food Sorrenson raises an eyebrow. "What? You mean like 'exercise', like do the stuff in the gym with the things and machines so I get fit and strong?" he asks with disbelief in his voice. Then after thinking about it for a second he continues. "You know, considering how often I get shot at, that isn't a bad idea. How does it work? Would I have to wear a head band?"

Mara smiles, "Yes, a headband, leotard, and some leg warmers. It'll get you motivated!!"

Chef Icky wrote: Icky nods. "It'd be right handy if ya had ta mix it up when da lights go out, no doubt 'bout dat Mar..." he mutters. "I'll settle fer havin' good eyes. Makes cookin' much easier, ya know."

Mara laughs a bit, "Yea, please don't practice blindfighting while cooking. I am sure we'd all appreciate that."

After listening to Oradro speak to Kaboom, There is nothing more to say than that. Either he accepts it or not. Mara moves over to keep an eye on the Elf's body while he he is traveling astrally!
Mara Archerean

PPE: 288 / 288
ISP: 85 / 85
MDC: 381/381
H.F.: 14
Heart in Chains Tattoo: 0/450 MDC(inactive)

Constant: Sixth Sense

Soundtrack:
''Zombie'' by Damned Anthem
Evanescence - Bring Me To Life (Ghost in the Machine Remix)
Adele vs. Linkin Park - Set Fire To The End
Tomorrow We Fight
User avatar
Mara
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:25 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Kaedras Starfall » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:33 am

(Rolls carried over)

Kaedras continues, "By my estimation it is a medical research facility - no simple hospital would be that well-guarded. Also of note, several of the occupants were able to detect my astral form, including one whom I believe to be the site administrator, a Seeronian, so I must assume my likeness is being described to the guards as we speak." Note to self: Buy a mask.

Sorrenson wrote:"I was expecting a gang HQ that we could just go and stomp on. A med facility with kids is going to require a lot more care and less heavy ordnance. Sigh. I wonder if there is access through the sewers, like how Kaboom guides us around the city with his distortion thing?"


Kaedras shakes his head. "Had I more time to reconnoiter I might have discovered such, but I was detected by the child almost immediately." Kaedras thinks, I need training in military intelligence to be of greater use... He thinks of the threat leveled at him by the Seeronian in the facility. I should be wary. However, I did not conceive my journey would be simple.
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 168/168
M.D.C.: 37/37

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35
Psionic Force Field: 70/70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Oradro » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:33 pm

Perception 32%: 1d100 = 58
JIC: 1d100 = 93 1d20 = 13

(to try and process the recon information for some clue on how to best proceed)
Intelligence 52% 1d100 = 73

Oradro just quietly listened, though the news of children being present certainly complicated matters. "Can't exactly just kick the front door in, in a situation like that." he'd muse aloud "Though perhaps we could actually just knock? Or, more to the point, I could knock. As a distraction. Literally knock on the door. Good day sir!" he'd mime out as he launched into a psuedo imitation of what he was suggesting "The Forge was wondering if I could borrow a cup of sugar on this very fine day! Annnnd, then I could just punch someone in the face, I suppose...." at least that way they'd hopefully keep most of the kids out of any line of fire, and the bad guys focused on me... "And while what ever chaos that causes goes on, a few people could try to sneak the kids out?"
Oradro's Sheet
PPE: 690
MDC 340

Constant Conditions:
  • Regeneration: 1d4X10 per Minute.
  • Does not require air, food or sleep.
  • Impervious to Fire (except Magic). All other non magical energy attacks do 1/100th damage (Lasers, Particle Beams, Ion Beams etc). Physical, Magic and PSI attacks do full damage.
User avatar
Oradro
 
Posts: 549
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:52 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Starchief » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:45 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 68/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 52

Earlier:
Juan Echo wrote:
Urqos Starchief wrote:"Fren...emy? Is this a godly saying? I'm unfamiliar... Only a monster profits off of his own people's pain."
Ser Oradro wrote:"Frenemy is a sort of made up term that might as well be an actual one... It's a malleable term really but I hope that clears that up for you."

"The word comes from my own people, but it has since been incorporated into Trade 4. Ser Oradro gives a good definition. And from what you and Urqos Waldo have said, the Urqos Scythe is definitely a frenemy. If we don't kill him, we may find ourselves singing battle hymns* with him after this mission is over."


"Huh. Well... no. I suppose Scythe is just an enemy. Previously, he had enough of an organization behind him to be untouchable. That may be the case now, but I have you all. I suppose we're just two different sides of the Seeronian coin."

Later:
Dime Store Magic wrote:"We, Skraypers," Kaboom looks intently at StarChief, challenging him to say he still is one, "have continued to fight, even when it looked like there was no hope. Haad's a bitch, but she's here to help us. When you get what you want, are you going to stay and help? Or run off with a pie crust promise of sending someone else to help us throw off the yoke of our oppressors?" The man huffs, and throws his arms out as if he is done and stalks over to the window and looks out the window, his jaw clenched in anger.


"Yes Kaboom, that's what a Skrayper does. They fight the fight others run from. I feel your anger but you'd do well to play nice here. We're going to spread your message across the greater known forces of the three galaxies and call in our favors and whatever power we have to send help here. This is OUR home and everything I do, I do to preserve it. That is why we are here. I don't know what the guardsmen want with Seeron, but they. Will. Not. Have it." Starchief delivers his message with a stern conviction only slightly lightened by their shared history. Goddamnit Kaboom, broaden your viewpoint you myopic jackass! We have a universe at stake here!

When Kaedras comes back with info about the safehouse, Starchief thinks for a moment. We can take it to the streets and hope to keep Kaboom in the dark but we may run into some resistance from Control. Or we can have him be our in and exfil man, but then Haad knows our every move.
"They have a powerful psychic if you were able to be detected. We head in tonight. Get yourself prepared. Sounds like we're going to be liberating some children as well as finding out what the hell they've got going on in there? Doesn't sound like anything nice."
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image

Ledger
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Juan Echo » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:01 am

<Rolls carry>
Gear
Armor
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Armor by location:
    Main body: 95/140
    Head: 60/60
    Arms (each): 50/50
    Legs (each): 60/60
White tank top
Cargo shorts
Action Sandals
Splurgoth Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Activated once): 100/100 M.D.C.
Energy Aura (Activated once): 100/100 M.D.C.
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs

Earlier
Urqos Starchief wrote:"Huh. Well... no. I suppose Scythe is just an enemy. Previously, he had enough of an organization behind him to be untouchable. That may be the case now, but I have you all. I suppose we're just two different sides of the Seeronian coin."

"The more you say no, the more I hear 'frenemies'." Juan replies.

In the Safe House
Juan listens to Kaedras report of the Burning Scythe base. He expected to hear a report of medical experiments and torture inflicted on kidnapped bio-freaks. But the children are a disturbing surprise. There was something unseemly about exploiting the young.* And Sorrenson's assessment is right, it does change how they will approach the base.

After Starchief announces the plan, Juan looks at Kaboom. Maybe the sidekick knew about the kids already. Juan was sure that Haad was tied to the Burning Scythe, and if Kaboom was in the priestess' pocket he probably was involved with this as well. Though, if there was any good in his this would be the moment for him to step up. "Well then Urqos Kaboom, what do you think? If you are fighting for your people, you can helps us rescue these children. The Tarlok are not the only threat to Seeron. Then again, if you'd prefer not to accompany us, maybe you should go out on your own and kill some Tarlok."

* High on the Chirpa Plateau, the Hostess lazily sits on a couch on a tower balcony. Her mid afternoon carousing had turned into a late afternoon siesta, as she pushed away a glass of mead. With a clap of her hands, a small boy comes running over with a pitcher containing a warm mixture of milk and fruit juice. The Hostess extends an empty cup, which the boy fills will singing a sweet hymn about animals grazing on a hill. "I see why Urqos have so many children," the Hostess mumbles to no one in particular. "It's nice to a small being wait on you, when you're chasing off a hangover."
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 76/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Chef Icky » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:32 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 4/43%
JIC: 1d20 = 17/1d100 = 56

Icky sits and listens to the back-and-forth between Kaboom and the others. It's clear that he's no Benny Arnelle (or whoever that traitor guy was the humans talk about so much) but he's let his desperation blind him to the dangers of Haad's message. Then Oradro speaks up and he finds himself nodding to his old friend's words. Well, he's my old friend and at the same time he's NOT my old friend. The old Scaly-Butt would never have said anything with flowers like that. Guess it's true what the stories say about how the Forge totally hits your reset button.

He shakes his head. "Oi, chum, I get ya. Dis ain't just some random dirtball in da middle o' cosmic nowhere. It's yer home. An' it's yer own people gettin' ground up an' spat out. Yer down 'ere sloggin' it out day after day wit' no end in sight, when all over sudden da lot o' us swoop in like we're all da shizzle an' ya oughtta be oh-so-grateful dat we're gracin' us wit' our presence. I reckon I'd be pretty sore too.

It ain't dat we don't care. Dere ain't a standard day dat goes by where I don't think 'bout bein' raised a slave an' wish I could frag every last Sploog in existence. But what we're askin' ya ta keep in mind is dat dere's a bajillion other worlds out dere -- and da stuff we're doin', we're tryin' our best ta keep what 'appened 'ere from 'appenin' on a hundred or more others. If not a thousand. If ya believed dat were possible, even a lil' bit, wouldn't dat be somethin' ya would want to do too? Wouldn't ya want ta do everythin' ya could ta spare others from knowin' a world wit'out hope? Ta spare others from folks like Haad who prey on dose so beat down dat shovin' a bomb up deir arse an' chargin' da Tarlok actually seems like a good idea?"


He shrugs. "Ya may not wanna lissen, an' dat's fair 'nuff. Ya may not believe us, an' dat's fair 'nuff too I reckon. But da truth is da only story we got so we're kinda stuck wit' it... an' da truth is dat no matter 'ow big a beef ya may got wit' 'Chief 'ere, he may not 'ave been fighin' 'ere wit' ya but he's been fightin' da same good fight. No matter what dat Haad harpy may say otherwise."

He gets up and starts getting ready for the mission. If there are enough spare rations he'll replenish what he gave out earlier at the refugee camp. If not he'll just gear up normally.
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Metri » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:11 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 33 | 39%
JIC: 1d20 = 11| 1d100 = 69%
-----------------------------------
"Hmm... Lost the element of surprise we have. Glad I am, safe, your return is." Metri responds with genuine gratitude at Kaedras' return. You think the fella will come scout us out? Skorl's asks with a mixture of anticipation and excitement. I don't believe so. If not already in the plane, the trail likely will be cold by the time one completes the meditation for standard astral projection. Still... you bring up a valid point. Metri thinks back to his rune weapon before activating his ability to see the invisible ((See Invisible. -4 ISP)) and keeping a vigilant watch. Familiar with psychic phenomenon, the Yhabbayar himself had recently unlocked the ability to transfer his entire being into the astral plane with a thought. And so not knowing how powerful of a psychic the Seeronian was, doesn't put it past him to have such an advanced ability.

When the team turns its attention to plans moving forward, Metri listens with distracted attention. His first priority is to remain on alert for any counter-reconnaissance via astral means. He therefore has little to contribute during the period of planning their visit to the medical facility.

If/When his psionic fades, Metri will renew the ability and remain on alert.
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Dark Lord » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:04 pm

Things are tense in the safehouse as you wait for Kaedras to complete his reconnaissance. Metri and Sorrenson watch the elf anxiously (the latter having a rather involved conversation with his rune item), while the rest of you largely opt to occupy yourselves by arguing with Kaboom. The Skrayper listens in stony silence, as the points against him are largely broken down into a) don’t trust Haad, and b) consider the ‘big picture.’ At the end of it all, Kaboom just shakes his head slowly and replies in a soft voice. ”I am here to help, as ordered. But don’t pretend you’re here for us, Andra- you’re hear because of your cause. That’s fine, but why you expect a hero’s welcome from the people you left behind to pursue it is beyond me. The enemy in front of me is daunting enough; I don’t need to go looking for more.” He pauses, before continuing with a begrudging nod at Icky. ”This one understands. Let’s just get this mission done.”

Kaedras, meanwhile, has been partially successful. Using invisibility to escape immediate detection (or so he hopes), the mind melter completes his limited sweep and bugs out back to the safehouse. To the best of your knowledge, Kaedras isn’t followed, but master Metri keeps an eye on the immediate surroundings with his psychic senses just to be sure. Kaedras then makes his report, sketching out the basic layout of the complex’s main building as well as reporting the presence of children. And not children in the most reassuring of circumstances.
Scythe Building - Copy 2.jpg
Scythe Building - Copy 2.jpg (41.87 KiB) Viewed 5374 times


Several of you react to this news. Juan, by challenging Kaboom directly.
Juan Echo wrote:"Well then Urqos Kaboom, what do you think? If you are fighting for your people, you can helps us rescue these children. The Tarlok are not the only threat to Seeron. Then again, if you'd prefer not to accompany us, maybe you should go out on your own and kill some Tarlok."
Kaboom nods grimly in reply. ”Like hell I’m gonna leave a bunch of kids in Scythe’s hands.” To this, Sorrenson adds a suggestion that Kaboom use his powers for them, to which he shrugs. ”I can try, but you might not like the results. If the structure is hardened, with any sort of metal or polymer foundations, I won’t be able to get us inside anything. Worse, without knowing what’s down there, we could walk into something nasty. A nuclear reactor, or a Tarlok garrison. Not that I’m particularly worried about either.” Finally, Oradro offers to use himself as a distraction- the cosmo-knight will ‘knock on their front door’ while the rest of the team sneaks in, and draw any fire from initial counterattacks once the element of surprise is broken.

Starchief then announces that the team will head in that evening. He is light on details, aside from his stated desire to rescue the children held inside. He orders the team to make final preparations, in anticipation of moving out after dark. It is 6pm as of Kaedras’ return to the safehouse- by 7pm the sun will have completely set and you will be ready to move out. At some point, Kaboom will duck into a back room and return a few minutes later, wearing all-black instead of his usual distinctive ensemble. If queried about the wardrobe change, he will reply "Scythe and the resistance have a truce. I can't be seen to be moving openly against him- but if I keep a low profile it should be alright."

What are you doing?
Why kill a PC when you can torture their player?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Kaedras Starfall » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:27 am

Perception Bonus: 39% 1d100 = 3

JIC: 1d20 = 10
1d100 = 29

Metri wrote:"Hmm... Lost the element of surprise we have. Glad I am, safe, your return is."


Kaedras bows his head in appreciation. "Thank you, Master Metri. Though I was, perhaps, overconfident, I am glad to have been of service. Luckily, I was able to engage some of my psychic defenses "

Oradro wrote:"Can't exactly just kick the front door in, in a situation like that. Though perhaps we could actually just knock? Or, more to the point, I could knock. As a distraction. Literally knock on the door. Good day sir! The Forge was wondering if I could borrow a cup of sugar on this very fine day! Annnnd, then I could just punch someone in the face, I suppose.... And while what ever chaos that causes goes on, a few people could try to sneak the kids out?"


As Kaedras listens, he can't help but smile, an almost foreign reaction to the Star Elf's face. I knew I liked these people. At the mere mention of children in trouble, they begin immediately planning a rescue. And this Oradro uses humor, but finds potential valid strategies through his jests.

Kaedras is tempted to try to riff on Oradro's joke, but humor is not the Star Elf's forté - and what passes for humor among Star Elves is often not recognized as such among aliens.

Starchief wrote:"They have a powerful psychic if you were able to be detected. We head in tonight. Get yourself prepared. Sounds like we're going to be liberating some children as well as finding out what the hell they've got going on in there? Doesn't sound like anything nice."


Kaedras attempts to rest for the intervening hour, to recover as much I.S.P. as he may (depending on our proximity to a ley line). When the group begins prepping to move out, Kaedras walks over to his gear, and pulls his bow and one of his quivers, clipping them in place to his harness. He considers his 'wingboard', but reasons he won't be able to maneuver it indoors, and leaves it behind.

He whistles, a short, sharp tone, meant to alert his clockwork wolf companion. "Aldón, come. Trouble ahead."
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 168/168
M.D.C.: 37/37

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35
Psionic Force Field: 70/70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Juan Echo » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:59 pm

Gear
Armor
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Armor by location:
    Main body: 95/140
    Head: 60/60
    Arms (each): 50/50
    Legs (each): 60/60
White tank top
Cargo shorts
Action Sandals
Splurgoth Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Activated once): 100/100 M.D.C.
Energy Aura (Activated once): 100/100 M.D.C.
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs

Suited up, Juan sits down with his teammates and talks strategy. The mission has taken a slight detour, as they are now chasing a bunch of local criminals trafficking small children. Even if this does not lead to their ultimate targets it is a worthy cause. But saving children means approaching this in a way that minimizes collateral damage. Urqos tend to get very upset when children die for some reasons.

Ser Oradro wrote:"Can't exactly just kick the front door in, in a situation like that." he'd muse aloud "Though perhaps we could actually just knock? Or, more to the point, I could knock. As a distraction. Literally knock on the door. Good day sir!" he'd mime out as he launched into a psuedo imitation of what he was suggesting "The Forge was wondering if I could borrow a cup of sugar on this very fine day! Annnnd, then I could just punch someone in the face, I suppose... And while what ever chaos that causes goes on, a few people could try to sneak the kids out?"

"I like the idea, Ser," Juan chimes in, "but we must be careful what type of chaos we create. We do not want to have an open battle in the streets. That would draw the attention of Tarlok security, and that turns it into a three-way fight. Worse yet, throw the children in the mix. And we do not know what has been done to the little Urqos. Your young are awfully impressionable,* for all we know they may be brainwashed and attack us as well. There are too many variables for your average smash and grab operation."

"Perhaps we can find a way to draw out the Urqos Scythe and then liberate the children before they realize that their base has been breached. We'd need to do something that would be big enough to get their attention but the type of thing the Tarlok would ignore or leave alone..." Juan scratches the back of his head and mutters some words in his native language. Then, "I have a great (terrible) idea. We can use the lurduuks. If we can find a way of dropping that crate in their front door, that will cause a panic in the neighborhood, then we can sneak in, get the children out, find some intel on who the Urqos Scythe is working for, and get out before anyone realizes what we were up to. What does anyone think?"

Dark Lord wrote:At some point, Kaboom will duck into a back room and return a few minutes later, wearing all-black instead of his usual distinctive ensemble. If queried about the wardrobe change, he will reply "Scythe and the resistance have a truce. I can't be seen to be moving openly against him- but if I keep a low profile it should be alright."

"I suppose," Juan replies coolly, "Though, I don't imagine the Resistance would want to have a truce with an organization that is trafficking small children."

* High on the Chirpa Plateau, the small boy finishes singing his hymn and the Hostess starts to nod off. Her Wolfen handmaiden, Swoo, snatches the near empty cup and puts it on a small table. She then takes the boy by the shoulder and skips him out of the chamber so their Goddess can nap.
In the hallway she reaches into the folds of her robes and pulls out a honey and candied nut bar and places it in the boy's hands. "Who is the best handmaiden?"
"Swoo are!" the boy shouts before running down the hallway laughing. This was an outright lie, as Hazel is everyone's favorite handmaiden, and there was no argument about it. But it proves the point that small children are impressionable.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 76/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Sorrenson » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:49 am

Perception: 1d100 = 58
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 60
OOC Comments
PPE: 141/151
ISP: 44/48
HP: 38
SDC: 30
NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 eacho
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 400/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
NE-800 ammo 16/16 dumb missiles - 1 more clip of smart missiles available
Fusion Blocks 5/5


Drone M.D.C
-5 from main body of each
-75 from main body of Combat Drone #A
-50 from main body of Combat Drone #B

Gear on person:
Amulet of Understanding

Light mage armor: (Worn)
M.D.C. by Location
• Hood: 20
• Arms: 15 each
• Legs: 30 each
• Main Body: 50
• Armor of Ithan: 60/60 - 5 minutes remain
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills
TW enhancements (at 6th level): armor of Ithan (10), Fly as Eagle (25), Breathe without Air (5), Impervious to Energy (20)

PH 21 Phase Beamer (Worn in shoulder holster)
Damage: 3d6 s.d.c. to s.d.c. creatures, 4d6 m.d.c. to m.d.c. beings and force fields, no damage to armor.
Rate of Fire: equal to HTH
Range: 400ft
Payload: 10 shots.
3 e-clips

TW Lightblade (shaped like a long knife, worn on belt)
Damage 1d4x10 +3 m.d.
Duration: 3 minutes
p.p.e. cost to activate: 20
Double damage to Vampires and those vulnerable to light.

Mr. Sorrenson’s Harness of Awesome V 1.0

TW Converted NE-202 Slim-Line "Widow-Maker" Heavy Plasma Cartridge Pistol
• Range: 60'
• Damage: 1D4x10 M.D. (Particle Beam)
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only.
• Payload: 4 (12 P.P.E. per Shot)

Splugorth Mega-Blade

Bone Fetish

Utility/Tool Belt

Amulet of Understanding ISP: -12

Starchief wrote:"We head in tonight. Get yourself prepared. Sounds like we're going to be liberating some children as well as finding out what the hell they've got going on in there? Doesn't sound like anything nice."

Sorrenson looks over at Starchief then stares off into the distance for a bit. "Man, when was the last time we dealt with anything 'nice'? I mean there has be nice stuff out there right? Somewhere? Not here of course, this planet has been hit pretty hard by the nasty-stick. Well, not just hit once either. Look around, the nasty-stick did this place a dirty, a long extended one at that. Even now it's still smacking this place around. Poking and prodding it when it's pretty much dead already." As he is speaking Sorrenson makes eye contact with Kaboom and stops talking. Oh, I'll shut up now. I don't wanna piss off the locals... Damn! Imagine being a local from around here, you'd be constantly pissed off! He points to the Drudge. "I'll go and get my suit ready for tonight." Then he turns and walks briskly over to the PA and away from the awkward situation he just created.
Juan Echo wrote:"I have a great (terrible) idea. We can use the lurduuks. If we can find a way of dropping that crate in their front door, that will cause a panic in the neighborhood, then we can sneak in, get the children out, find some intel on who the Urqos Scythe is working for, and get out before anyone realizes what we were up to. What does anyone think?"

Sorrenson smooths his whiskers as he thinks about it, then eventually shakes his head. "That's a terrible idea. Even if we could get them to the compound the Lurduuks will just fly away. We should us the Big Ol' Worm instead. It cant fly away and is way too big for the Scythe to ignore. Plus, look at us... You, Icky, Oradro and myself - suited up - are all huge by local standards. We aren't gunna be sneaking in and out of anywhere undetected. No guard is that blind, or deaf. If we want sneaky sneaky we should have two teams. One for distraction, one for the prowly stuff."
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Oradro » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:09 am

Perception 32%: 1d100 = 94
JIC: 1d100 = 72 1d20 = 5

Oradro didn't have a whole lot of preparing to do, truth be told. For his part he was pretty much ready to go when ever was required, such was the nature of Cosmo Knights. "I'll be honest, I hadn't really expected us to go with that plan, but, it works I suppose." he'd say after a moment. Then again, I don't think I've ever been particularly sneaky about anything. Not at my size. "And Sorrenson is somewhat correct. While I can be somewhat stealthy, I'm not particularly good at it, and it's considerably more difficult when one can't easily blend in with the locals, much less local environment."
Oradro's Sheet
PPE: 690
MDC 340

Constant Conditions:
  • Regeneration: 1d4X10 per Minute.
  • Does not require air, food or sleep.
  • Impervious to Fire (except Magic). All other non magical energy attacks do 1/100th damage (Lasers, Particle Beams, Ion Beams etc). Physical, Magic and PSI attacks do full damage.
User avatar
Oradro
 
Posts: 549
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:52 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Metri » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:01 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 63 | 39%
JIC: 1d20 = 6| 1d100 = 89%
-----------------------------------
"If reach the children we do, protect them with magic, I can." Metri volunteers amidst the discussion of what to do regarding the younglings within the facility. The Yhabbayar's mind buzzes with eagerness to serve this purpose. It is clear this manner of action galvanizes him. He sits in contemplative silence a bit as the others discuss the merits of various sorts of distractions before getting up to head over to Kaedras.

"Borrow your recollection of the facility layout, hmm? To memory, I wish to commit, yesss." Metri asks the elven mind melter as he taps his temple, suggesting telepathic communication. If permitted, the Yhabbayar will commune telepathically with Kaedras and utilize total recall to store the details in his mind. Afterward, Metri will graciously thank the Star Elf before returning his attention to the preparations.

Sounds like we are going to knock on the front door. This group has a lot of confidence in themselves. Skorl chirps in, having listened to more of their conversation than Metri. With good reason. We have confronted many challenges in the past. the Yhabbayar offers in soft response. Just hafta be careful, Skorl offers in uncharacteristic caution, Proper preparation can sway the outcome of combat. And even if you win the round, gotta consider the cost. Ain't bein' cavalier when risking the lives of children. Skorl admonishes. Yes, we are in agreement. Protecting the children will be a top priority.

As the time to assault the compound draws near, Metri will approach Oradro. "Remember, I do, a great deal of essence, Sir Zem had," Metri begins, clutching a closed fist at his chest and making reference to PPE energy. "True, this is of all Cosmic Knights?" The Yhabbayar's gaze remains soft in askance. If/When Oradro answers in the affirmative, Metri will continue, "Able to gift some of this essence you can? Channel into magical protections for everyone who wishes it, my goal is. yess."

If given permission, Metri will 'spell up' the team using Oradro's PPE, granting those that wish it, Cosmic Armor ((-23 PPE each)).

Code: Select all
[*]Cosmic Armor. 160 min. [color=green]800[/color]/800 MDC. Breathe for spell's duration. Constant internal temperature, protected from cold, radiation and extreme blasts of heat. Hover and fly at a speed of 380 mph. 1/2 damage from: Magic and MD cold and heat/fire/plasma. -5% to all Physical Skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing and similar. -10% to Palming, Pick Pocket, Prowl, and other Rogue, Medical and Technical skills that require a delicate touch.
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Kaedras Starfall » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:16 am

(rolls carried over)

Sorrenson wrote:"Man, when was the last time we dealt with anything 'nice'? I mean there has be nice stuff out there right? Somewhere?"


Kaedras regards the Ratanoid with understanding. He has seen much strife. He has a warrior's spirit, but he tires, as all do when fighting an unyielding foe. "Perhaps when things have quieted we can visit my family home in Alfheim. I have been told it is quite nice."

Sorrenson wrote:"If we want sneaky sneaky we should have two teams. One for distraction, one for the prowly stuff."


"A good idea."

At that moment, the Yabbayhar makes an unexpected request.

Metri wrote:"Borrow your recollection of the facility layout, hmm? To memory, I wish to commit, yesss."


Though Kaedras' face is inscrutable, his mind reels. He asks to access my mind? To allow that would be to allow access to all I hold dear, all I love, my innermost thoughts, concerns, fears... Still... Master Metri has not yet shown himself to be dishonorable. Though I may be a fool to allow it... I will not deny an ally a weapon.

He nods, once. "I see the sense in this, Master Metri, and I shall accommodate your request." When he feels Metri's presence in his mind, he thinks, Please limit your excursion to my memories of the layout. And then immediately feels shame at having made the mental request at all, at having doubted Metri's motives - even if for an instant.

I pray you forgive me. I believe you are honorable... but I met you only yesterday. I trust you understand. He then actively remembers the layout as best he can, and his foray through the facility, to bring those memories to easier access to the diminutive yet powerful mystic.

When or if Metri offers a casting of Cosmic Armor, Kaedras gladly accepts.
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 168/168
M.D.C.: 37/37

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35
Psionic Force Field: 70/70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Metri » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:59 am

((rolls carried over))

"Hmm, healthy a dose of skepticism is. Offended, I am not. Delicate and narrowly focused my mental foray will be." Metri responds with genuine compassion. At no point does Metri pry within Kaedras' mind and he is quick about the task of gathering the information.

Afterward, Metri expresses his gratitude, "Thank you. Helpful the information will be, yess."
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Sorrenson » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:50 am

<Rolls held>
Kaedras Starfall wrote:"Perhaps when things have quieted we can visit my family home in Alfheim. I have been told it is quite nice."

Sorrenson shurgs, not sure if things will even quieten down. "Sure! Thanks for the offer. I hear very good things about Elven home-worlds. Although, lets be upfront about this... It's not a date right? I'm just not that kind of rat." He replies, finishing with a smile.

Regarding 'The Plan' Sorrenson pipes up. "So how would worm deposit work? Some of us go back to the ship, fly over, drop it off and giggle at the results? The rest go in under the cover of the distraction." He pauses. "Then, when it turns to poop we bail? In the ship?" He frowns. "Is there another way to the get the worm in without flying the DSM over a hostile city? I mean the Tarlok are not gunna like it flying over the city without clearance."
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Juan Echo » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:25 am

<rolls carry>

Gear
Armor
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Armor by location:
    Main body: 95/140
    Head: 60/60
    Arms (each): 50/50
    Legs (each): 60/60
Splurgoth Talisman of Armor of Ithan (activated once): 100/100 M.D.C.
Energy Aura (activated once): 100/100 M.D.C.
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
NE-74GL Grenade Launcher (Ammo 48/48)

Urqos Sorrenson wrote:"That's a terrible idea. Even if we could get them to the compound the Lurduuks will just fly away. We should us the Big Ol' Worm instead. It cant fly away and is way too big for the Scythe to ignore. Plus, look at us... You, Icky, Oradro and myself - suited up - are all huge by local standards. We aren't gunna be sneaking in and out of anywhere undetected. No guard is that blind, or deaf. If we want sneaky sneaky we should have two teams. One for distraction, one for the prowly stuff."

"The worm?" Juan says rubbing his chin. "Interesting suggestion. Unfortunately, I don't know if it can put the same fight as a dozen angry and half-starved lightening birds. If we prepped it for battle, that could be a very effective distraction. I once worked with a guy that stuffed a similar monster with 50 pounds of K-HEX and a dead-man's switch. Our enemies thought they were winning the battle by killing the worm, that's how they lost. The four of us," Juan says pointing at Sorrenson and the other two big guys, "can go back to the ship and prepare this plan."

Urqos Sorrenson wrote:"So how would worm deposit work? Some of us go back to the ship, fly over, drop it off and giggle at the results? The rest go in under the cover of the distraction."

"That would be the smartest plan. By the way, Urqos Metri, you may want to save the Cosmic Armor for right before the battle begins. We wouldn't want to lose our armor mid-fight, especially if it takes more than a couple of hours to get set. As you said, Urqos Sorrenson, it's not like we are going to have much luck sneaking into a heavily guarded compound to rescue kids. "

Urqos Sorrenson wrote:"Then, when it turns to poop we bail? In the ship?" He frowns.

Juan opens his mouth, but doesn't say anything immediately. "I do not like that plan either. There are a lot of risks involved with using the Space Whale as a bomber."

Urqos Sorrenson wrote:"Is there another way to the get the worm in without flying the DSM over a hostile city? I mean the Tarlok are not gunna like it flying over the city without clearance."

"And I assume they have secured the air with some very heavy anti-aircraft artillery," Juan continues the thought. "A smaller aircraft might have a better chance..." A half formed thought that hopefully another adventurer may complete or direct to another solution.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 76/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Sorrenson » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:39 am

<Rolls held>
Juan Echo wrote:"I do not like that plan either. There are a lot of risks involved with using the Space Whale as a bomber."

"It's not a Space Whale." Sorrenson replies immediately then rolls his eyes and shakes his head. "You're right about one thing though. Too many risks in this plan. I say we scratch it and go with Oradro's original 'You in there! Open the door! I'm a Cosmo Knight! In the name of THE FORGE open the door! Sorrenson strikes what he imagines is a 'CK doing CK things' pose as delivers Orardo's possible address. He then pauses clearly disappointed. A pity because dropping the Worm on them is like my best idea ever, in terms of shithousery! If I have anything to do with it, that freaking worm is defo getting pushed out of the back of the DSM before we leave orbit. "C'est la vie." He finally adds with a shrug.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Juan Echo » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:33 am

<rolls carry>

Gear
Armor
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Armor by location:
    Main body: 95/140
    Head: 60/60
    Arms (each): 50/50
    Legs (each): 60/60
Splurgoth Talisman of Armor of Ithan (activated once): 100/100 M.D.C.
Energy Aura (activated once): 100/100 M.D.C.
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
NE-74GL Grenade Launcher (Ammo 48/48)

Urqos Sorrenson wrote:... "You're right about one thing though. Too many risks in this plan. I say we scratch it and go with Oradro's original 'You in there! Open the door! I'm a Cosmo Knight! In the name of THE FORGE open the door!" Sorrenson strikes what he imagines is a 'CK doing CK things' pose as delivers Orardo's possible address.

"I suppose that is the more reasonable (Yeah, reasonable) plan right now," Juan nods. "How do we want to go about this? While Ser Oradro's suggestion would fly on my home planet*, I don't think asking for baking ingredients normally leads to street violence. We could go in on the pretense of serving the Cosmic Forge. 'Open up, your criminal organization is a threat to the Three Galaxies at large!' Or we could pretend to be working for their off world contacts to inspect the site. Regardless, the three of us should knock. Urqos Icky, want to join us?"

Urqos Sorrenson wrote:He then pauses clearly disappointed. "A pity because dropping the Worm on them is like my best idea ever, in terms of shithousery! C'est la vie."

"Do not worry, Urqos Sorrenson, we shall make that dream possible." He gives the ratanoid a hearty slap on the shoulder. "And it will be awesome."

* We do not need to get into the details of the War of the Pumpkin Apple Donuts, but suffice to say asking for five bushels of red apples opened a lot of simmering resentments and led to one of the largest intra-planet conflicts in the history of the planet Yaya and killed more Urqos than any war with the planet Mama.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 76/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Dark Lord » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:08 am

After some quiet conversation, Kaedras curls up in a corner to meditate. There are no ley lines to speak of on this planet- at least so far as he can tell, so the psychic makes do with the few hours before you move on the compound. During this time, Metri requests a form of rapid-fire telepathic communication with Kaedras, sharing some of the memories of his reconnaissance. After some initial reluctance, Kaedras agrees and in short order Metri finds himself with a sketchy sense of the interior of the facility that Kaedras saw (see map). When the time comes, Metri also casts a few spells to prepare himself and any of the rest of the team that wishes them.
Scythe Building - Copy 2.jpg
Scythe Building - Copy 2.jpg (41.87 KiB) Viewed 4934 times


The discussion is otherwise consumed with how best to approach the facility. The team has two, possibly three, and potentially conflicting goals. Rescue the children being held at the facility. Determine who is kidnapping bio-freaks from the city, and potentially related what is their connection to the TGE operatives on the planet. While Oradro largely yawns his way through the discussion of strategy, Juan and Sorrenson go quite a ways down the rabbit hole of trying to utilize the livestock you brought from Center. Ultimately, however, the plan is disregarded as too risky. Thus you revert to the original plan of Oradro and Juan serving as a distraction. Juan proposes that Chef Icky join them; the rest of you will sneak into the compound and try to rescue the children.

Things DL needs for the next GM post
1. Confirmation of sub-group assignment (Oradro/Juan/Icky on distraction, everyone else sneaking in and rescuing the kids).
2. Directions of approach relative to the posted map.
3. How you plan to deal with the 20’ wall around the compound (main gate is on the south side).
4. Any other actions you want to take upon arrival at the compound (e.g., prowl rolls).
Why kill a PC when you can torture their player?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Sorrenson » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:01 am

Perception: 1d100 = 73 +15 Magical / Mechanical / 34%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 84
OOC Comments
PPE: 141/151
ISP: 44/48
HP: 38
SDC: 30
NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 eacho
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 400/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
NE-800 ammo 16/16 dumb missiles - 1 more clip of smart missiles available
Fusion Blocks 5/5


Drone M.D.C
-5 from main body of each
-75 from main body of Combat Drone #A
-50 from main body of Combat Drone #B

Gear on person:
Amulet of Understanding

Light mage armor: (Worn)
M.D.C. by Location
• Hood: 20
• Arms: 15 each
• Legs: 30 each
• Main Body: 50
• Armor of Ithan: 60/60 - 5 minutes remain
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills
TW enhancements (at 6th level): armor of Ithan (10), Fly as Eagle (25), Breathe without Air (5), Impervious to Energy (20)

PH 21 Phase Beamer (Worn in shoulder holster)
Damage: 3d6 s.d.c. to s.d.c. creatures, 4d6 m.d.c. to m.d.c. beings and force fields, no damage to armor.
Rate of Fire: equal to HTH
Range: 400ft
Payload: 10 shots.
3 e-clips

TW Lightblade (shaped like a long knife, worn on belt)
Damage 1d4x10 +3 m.d.
Duration: 3 minutes
p.p.e. cost to activate: 20
Double damage to Vampires and those vulnerable to light.

Mr. Sorrenson’s Harness of Awesome V 1.0

TW Converted NE-202 Slim-Line "Widow-Maker" Heavy Plasma Cartridge Pistol
• Range: 60'
• Damage: 1D4x10 M.D. (Particle Beam)
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only.
• Payload: 4 (12 P.P.E. per Shot)

Splugorth Mega-Blade

Bone Fetish

Utility/Tool Belt

Amulet of Understanding ISP: -12

Sorrenson suits up and moves out with the door-knocking crew. His mood is fairly upbeat considering he's probably about to get into another firefight. Which, to be fair, is not usually one of his favorite things. Too much risk of injury or death... Not to mention the risk of damaging my gear. Repairs are not cheap... He thinks to himself.

Before leaving he asks the guys he is with. "So, who's going to do the talking once we get there? I guess we just go to the main gate, front door or whatever they have?" He turns to the sneaky guys. "Which side are you going in on? Don't want to lob any unnecessary explosives your way if I can avoid it." he asks with a weak smile. Nope, that would be bad... "Hey, Should I send a spy drone with you sneaky guys so it can feed me real-time info of exactly how much trouble you'll be in. You know to avoid us shooting each other?"

Once on their way to the Scythe base he makes sure his NE-800 rocket launcher stays under its wrappings. Soon, my pretty soon... He thinks lovingly as he runs his targeting diagnostics once again.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Starchief » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:32 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 68/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 57

"Alright team, those of us who are heading in are going to do so from the north. Once we're all over the wall, we look for our entrance. If there isn't one, we'll make one. We then act as quickly as possible to remove any of these children that are present. Kaedras, you point out to us who made you while you were in your astral form and we'll focus on them if they show up. Until then, I need you to look out for any evidence of the Bios that have disappeared. If there are computers, see what you can find out from their files. Sorrenson is usually our computer guy, but he's going to be busy up front with Icky, Oradro and Juan Echo creating our distraction. Anyone have anything they want to point out about the plan before we head out?"


Starchief brings along Champion and a block of K-HEX just in case. When they arrive, Starchief quietly scopes out the area. He waits for the signal from the door knock team and then makes his way over (if it's short enough) or through (via D-Phase) the wall.

Detect Ambush: 1d100 = 54/90% - to look out for a trap.
Prowl: 1d100 = 9/100% - to avoid detection
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image

Ledger
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Oradro » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:59 pm

Perception 32%: 1d100 = 58
JIC: 1d100 = 20 1d20 = 17

Sorrenson wrote:Before leaving he asks the guys he is with. "So, who's going to do the talking once we get there? I guess we just go to the main gate, front door or whatever they have?" He turns to the sneaky guys. "Which side are you going in on? Don't want to lob any unnecessary explosives your way if I can avoid it." he asks with a weak smile. Nope, that would be bad... "Hey, Should I send a spy drone with you sneaky guys so it can feed me real-time info of exactly how much trouble you'll be in. You know to avoid us shooting each other?"


"I can do the talking." Oradro offered up towards Sorrenson. "At least if they open fire then they will hopefully focus fire on me and not the rest of you." he says, reaching out to give Sorrenson's robot a pat. Once the group was all set up Oradro would start to make his way up towards the main entrance, keeping an eye out for any signs of hidden turrets, ambush points or the like.

Hopefully this goes well. I'd hate for the children to get hurt...

Detect Ambush 50% 1d100 = 83

Once at the door, Oradro will ring the doorbell, knock on the door or what ever to try and get the attention of the people inside. He'd then straighten himself up a little bit and wait for someone to answer. Provided an answer actually comes, he'll pipe up with "Good day, I'm here to offer you a bargain on upgrades to fire suppression systems on behalf of SafeCo. Did you know that the latest in fire suppression systems are 50% more effective than older models at preventing or putting out fires before they cause damage? This is especially important in areas with children!"

Charm/Impress: 63% 1d100 = 83
Trust/Intimidate: 37% 1d100 = 56

(To try and play up his knowledge of fire systems)
Firefighting: 33% 1d100 = 92
Oradro's Sheet
PPE: 690
MDC 340

Constant Conditions:
  • Regeneration: 1d4X10 per Minute.
  • Does not require air, food or sleep.
  • Impervious to Fire (except Magic). All other non magical energy attacks do 1/100th damage (Lasers, Particle Beams, Ion Beams etc). Physical, Magic and PSI attacks do full damage.
User avatar
Oradro
 
Posts: 549
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:52 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Kaedras Starfall » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:32 pm

Perception Bonus: 39% 1d100 = 78 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 6
1d100 = 17

Sorrenson wrote:"Sure! Thanks for the offer. I hear very good things about Elven home-worlds. Although, lets be upfront about this... It's not a date right? I'm just not that kind of rat."


Kaedras' face assumes an expression of shock. "I... I never... I NEVER thought you would have a problem with elves. That, good sir, is racist" he says, the last word dripping icily from his lips.

He lets that sit in the air for a moment before returning it's face to it's usual composure, and letting a near-silent chuckle escape his lips.

When Metri is ready to gather the memories of the compound from his mind, he smirks ever so slightly - perhaps still amused by his joke with Sorrenson, and as he closes his eyes he says "Be gentle with me. It's my first time."

When the Yabbayhar offers Cosmic Armor, Kaedras will gladly accept the casting.

Starchief wrote:"Alright team, those of us who are heading in are going to do so from the north. Once we're all over the wall, we look for our entrance. If there isn't one, we'll make one. We then act as quickly as possible to remove any of these children that are present. Kaedras, you point out to us who made you while you were in your astral form and we'll focus on them if they show up. Until then, I need you to look out for any evidence of the Bios that have disappeared. If there are computers, see what you can find out from their files. Sorrenson is usually our computer guy, but he's going to be busy up front with Icky, Oradro and Juan Echo creating our distraction. Anyone have anything they want to point out about the plan before we head out?"


Kaedras nods wordlessly. I'm certainly not a strong with computers as a 'computer guy' might be, but if I find someone there who is I can... borrow... their affinity.

Kaedras will approach the wall from the north, with Starchief's group (top of the map), and they reach the periphery of the wall without being accosted, he will fly over the 20' wall using the Cosmic Armor put on him by Metri - and while at the apex of his ascent he will examine the roof for any possible entrances (see perception roll above). One the other side, he does not land - fearful of setting off any pressure-sensitive surveillance, and instead hovers scant inches from the ground.

He attempts to move as unobtrusively as possible once within the wall, looking for alternative entrances.

Prowl 35% 1d100 = 42 (FAIL)
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 168/168
M.D.C.: 37/37

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35
Psionic Force Field: 70/70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Metri » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:10 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 33 | 39%
JIC: 1d20 = 10| 1d100 = 27%
-----------------------------------
Status
PPE: 159/159
ISP: 232/260
MDC: 72/72
MTB1_PPE: 180/180
MTB2_PPE: 180/180
MTB3_PPE: 180/180
Activated Psionics/Magic
  • Cosmic Armor. 160 min. 800/800 MDC. Breathe for spell's duration. Constant internal temperature, protected from cold, radiation and extreme blasts of heat. Hover and fly at a speed of 380 mph. 1/2 damage from: Magic and MD cold and heat/fire/plasma. -5% to all Physical Skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing and similar. -10% to Palming, Pick Pocket, Prowl, and other Rogue, Medical and Technical skills that require a delicate touch.

They might not come along willingly... Skorl reminds, Big Red mentioned this earlier. The children may be indoctrinated. Might fight ya tooth and nail. What then? Whatcha gonna do?

The possibility had been weighing heavily on Metri's mind. I know. It is a distinct possibility. the Yhabbayar thinks back to his runic companion. From the children's perspective, we might be intruders in their home, trying to kidnap them from the safety they are familiar with. If not, we have an opportunity to not only rescue them, but perhaps gain some actionable intelligence on where the missing biofreaks are...

His internal discussion with Skorl triggers an unexpected train of thought. Kaedras mentioned that some of the children were able to see him. In fact, a larger portion than the average populace. Their reaction to his presence was one of genuine curiosity. Could it be that these children are the offspring of the missing biofreaks?

"Prepared we should be," Metri says in a whisper, breaking the silence as they maneuver to their waiting spot North of the compound. His gaze darts between Starchief and Kaedras. "Resist our rescue, the children might. Strangers, we are to them. yesss." After a brief pause, he continues, sharing possible insight, "If willing, ask them we should... of where their parents are held. Key to the mystery of the missing biofreaks, these children may be. Hmmm."

Knowing that the cosmic armor invocation he cast on Kaedras and himself ((do not see evidence in his posts that Starchief accepted offer)) would last well into their incursion breaching the compound, Metri likewise recognizes the need for stealth in their mission. And stealthy, the cosmic armor is not. In an effort to obscure (Starchief, Kaedras, Metri), the Yhabbayar will invoke a Cloak of Darkness ((Cloak of Darkness. -6 PPE. BoM p.93. Self plus 5 foot radius around character. 32.00 min.)) around himself and stay close to the other two.

As they get close to the facility, Metri will enhance his senses ((Enhanced Perception. -10 ISP. 80 min. Self. R25 pg 78-79: All natural senses +50%. +15% Perception. +1 strike, +2 parry/dodge. +10% to any skill that relies on basic senses.)) and try to intuit the gaps in the wall patrols that they can exploit during their north wall approach. Like Kaedras, Metri will fly up utilizing the magical flight of his cosmic armor. And will try to maintain close proximity to Kaedras and Starchief so that the cloak of darkness continues to obscure them.

((Prowl. 60% (-10% CA penalty already applied) | 1d100 = 56
Intelligence. 64% | 1d100 = 89 <== Figure out guard rotation pattern))

((For bookkeeping purposes, request time passage between last GM update and next one))
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Juan Echo » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:11 pm

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 68
JiC: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 64
Gear
Armor
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Armor by location:
    Main body: 95/140
    Head: 60/60
    Arms (each): 50/50
    Legs (each): 60/60
Splurgoth Talisman of Armor of Ithan (activated once): 100/100 M.D.C.
Energy Aura (activated once): 100/100 M.D.C.
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
NE-74GL Grenade Launcher (Ammo 48/48)

Urqos Sorrenson wrote:"Hey, Should I send a spy drone with you sneaky guys so it can feed me real-time info of exactly how much trouble you'll be in. You know to avoid us shooting each other?"

"I would not recommend that after what happened at the resistance bar," Juan says. "However, maybe you want to send out your attack birds when we get close to the facility. They can be perched in strategic locations and provide us with support fire."

As Metri doles out Cosmic Armors, Juan stands next to the others. "I got the worst of our encounter with Urqos Bedlam, and I would rather have too much armor rather than too little. I hope it is not too late to request Cosmic Armor as well, Urqos Metri."

When Starchief tells the Adventurers to move out, Juan puts on his helmet and heads out with Oradro, Icky, and Sorrenson. He tries to move as discreetly as possible through the streets of Rylor (Prowl (32%*) - 1d100 = 16 SUCCESS). And when they arrive to their destination he stays behind Oradro allowing the Cosmo-Knight to take the lead. He watches as Oradro knocks on the door and tries to sell the person that answers fire prevention equipment. This might be the worst lie I've ever heard. But the lie doesn't have to be good, it just has to buy the others time. Juan puts a hand on his EBA's side pocket, ready to pounce if/when the alarm is sounded.

* This includes deducting for wearing EBA and Cosmic Armor.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 76/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Dark Lord » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:30 am

You decide on a strategy. Starchief orders everyone to suit up- Oradro, Juan, Icky, and Sorrenson will approach the front door and attempt to serve as a distraction while Starchief, Kaboom, Kaedras, Metri, and Mara go around the back. You have two objectives- locate the children, and try to find any computer files that might have information relevant to the missing bio-freaks. The rest of your preparations go smoothly- you grab all the gear you require, and Metri prepares a series of enchantments for all those who ask. While the cosmic armor is far from inconspicuous, ironically it may help you blend in (for once) with some of the more flamboyant skrayper costumes you’ve seen. If Thraxus’ report is to be believed, the Guardsmen are lurking about somewhere on Seeron. The longer you can keep your presence hidden from them, the better.

Once the magic and psionic enhancements ((Metri, deduct PPE and ISP accordingly- cosmic armor for yourself, Kaedras, Juan, and anyone else who speaks up.)) and your weapons checks are all complete, you head out. Your approach is a tradeoff between speed and stealth- with many of you flying close to the ground, you are able to follow a relatively hidden route to your destination, making the trip and getting into position about seven minutes after you depart the safehouse. Sorrenson offers to send a reconnaissance drone with the stealth team, but receives no reply from the others.

Led by Oradro, the front door team approaches the compound entrance. It is dark, and the guards Kaedras described are gone- a curious lapse in security, but one you are happy to take advantage of. Flanked by Juan and Icky, with Sorrenson bringing up the rear, the cosmo-knight approaches the door and prepares what he thinks is a convincing cover as a door-to-door salesman (or is it sales-Seljuk?). There is an intercom off to one side- Oradro presses it, and you wait. Silence is your response. In an effort to gain the inhabitants’ attention, Oradro raps on the door- his cosmic strength making even the polymer alloy echo. You are somewhat startled when the door swings slightly open in response- not only is the door unlocked, but they left it open. That can’t be good. You peer inside- the interior courtyard is about half paved over, leading up to the main entrance. Parked to one side is some sort of armored hover vehicle, currently empty and deactivated. The main entrance to the building itself, like everything else, is dark and unguarded but you can see a blinking blue light through the glass doors.

On the opposite side of the compound from the entrance, Kaedras leads the team over the wall. He and Metri fly over and signal the coast is clear. On the ground Mara gathers herself, then sprints for the wall, vaulting at the last second and landing smoothly on top of it next to the two of you. Right behind her, Kaboom flexes one hand, then stretches his arm all the way to the top of the wall and hauls himself over. Finally Starchief phases ((deduct ISP)) through the wall and takes cover behind a lone tree. Set into the building before you is a window- the interior is dark but based on Kaedras’ report you expect it to be an office. As you watch, a blue light inside the office turns on, but there is otherwise no sign of any guards. As you reconvene on the other side of the wall, Kaedras can't shake the feeling that this is all too easy. He knows he was spotted, and that an alarm was sounded- surely they would still be on high alert. So where are all the guards?

What are you doing?
Attachments
One.jpg
Why kill a PC when you can torture their player?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Oradro » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:36 am

(OOC: Derp, posted from the wrong account!)

Perception 32%: 1d100 = 98
JIC: 1d100 = 10 1d20 = 17

PPE: 660
Personal MDC: 355
Cosmic Armour: 500

Concerned, Oradro looks back to the others that came with him a moment "Stay back, just in case. I'll take the lead. If something's gone wrong, or there's... some kind of trap or something... probably best if I take the brunt of it." he'd suggest. He wasn't invulnerable by any means, he knew this, but he figured he'd be more likely to survive some initial attack or ambush than the others should something not get spotted in time. Deciding subtlety was rather pointless at this juncture, he'd summon his cosmic armour about himself, which would reveal itself to be a metalic, dark navy blue
"Colour Example"
Image


He then strides forward to first check the vehicle, and see if it was undamaged and then he'd go to head towards the main entrance. Given he was supposed to be a distraction he'd just try knocking again, along with calling out "Hello? Is anyone there? The door was left unlocked... does anyone need assistance?" Should he get no response, he'll try to simply open the front door to try and check out the source of the light, though he was still left on edge for the possibility of an ambush. It was blatantly obvious something wasn't right here. Either the place had been evacuated in a hurry or... well.. he wasn't sure what.

This is like the start of some cheesy horror movie...

Amid the situation he'd look for signs of tracks, perhaps there's some sign of where people had gone?
Tracking: People 48% 1d100 = 15

And of course, he was worried this was some sort of ambush:
Detect Ambush 50% 1d100 = 98
Oradro's Sheet
PPE: 690
MDC 340

Constant Conditions:
  • Regeneration: 1d4X10 per Minute.
  • Does not require air, food or sleep.
  • Impervious to Fire (except Magic). All other non magical energy attacks do 1/100th damage (Lasers, Particle Beams, Ion Beams etc). Physical, Magic and PSI attacks do full damage.
User avatar
Oradro
 
Posts: 549
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:52 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Metri » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:44 pm

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 9 | 54%
JIC: 1d20 = 3| 1d100 = 85%
-----------------------------------
Status
PPE: 159/159
ISP: 222/260
MDC: 72/72
MTB1_PPE: 174/color]/180
MTB2_PPE: [color=green]180
/180
MTB3_PPE: 180/180
Activated Psionics/Magic
  • Cosmic Armor. 153.00 min. 800/800 MDC. Breathe for spell's duration. Constant internal temperature, protected from cold, radiation and extreme blasts of heat. Hover and fly at a speed of 380 mph. 1/2 damage from: Magic and MD cold and heat/fire/plasma. -5% to all Physical Skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing and similar. -10% to Palming, Pick Pocket, Prowl, and other Rogue, Medical and Technical skills that require a delicate touch.
  • Cloak of Darkness. 25.00 min. -6 PPE. BoM p.93. Self plus 5 foot radius around character.
  • Enhanced Perception. 73.00 min. R25 pg 78-79: All natural senses +50%. +15% Perception. +1 strike, +2 parry/dodge. +10% to any skill that relies on basic senses.

((As per discussions in earlier posts, Metri politely asked and Oradro agreed to front the PPE for casting Cosmic Armor onto anyone who wished it prior to departure. If only Metri, Kaedras and Juan wanted Cosmic armor, that means 3*23 = 69 PPE deduction from Oradro's ample reservoir.))

"Unexpected, hmm." Metri mumbles aloud to himself when the blue light suddenly illuminates the dark office. "Lost we have, the element of surprise. yesss."

Deciding to ask the only local in their group, Metri asks Kaboom about the significance of the blue light, "A standard alert, this light is? Indication of... imminent attack, natural disaster, all-hands on deck, casual Fridays, hmm?" To be certain, the Yhabbayar is not only looking at the content of Kaboom's response, but also if/whether/how his body language changes based on their current situation.

Linguistics. 58% | 1d100 = 94 <== Read Kaboom's body language.
Intelligence. 64% | 1d100 = 37 <== Deduce what may have happened. Entertain possibility that blue light was not caused by them but by another incursion (i.e. someone attacked the facility before we arrived).

Metri will peer through the window and look for signs for how recent its occupant left the room. Is there a hot beverage still steaming at the desk? Or is there a layer of dust centimeters thick that indicate the office was generally unused? If the office contains any computers, is the monitor on? If so, what appears to be there?

Say the word and I'll crack that window open so we can get inside and start bashing some child-abducting heads! Skorl eagerly urges. Not yet, there is a mystery here and if we bull rush in, we may trigger traps unnecessarily. Let's take just a brief moment to assess the situation. Metri replies calmly. And while you're busy assessing your nose, the bad guys in there are squirreling away the children. Or worse yet, executing them! Metri's face scrunches in worry at the thought.
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Juan Echo » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:14 pm

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 42
JiC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 18
Gear
Armor
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Armor by location:
    Main body: 95/140
    Head: 60/60
    Arms (each): 50/50
    Legs (each): 60/60
Splurgoth Talisman of Armor of Ithan (activated once): 100/100 M.D.C.
Energy Aura (activated once): 100/100 M.D.C.
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
NE-74GL Grenade Launcher (Ammo 48/48)
Active Effects
Nightvision
Energy Aura (activated once): 100/100 M.D.C.
Cosmic Armor. 160 min. 800/800 MDC. Breathe for spell's duration. Constant internal temperature, protected from cold, radiation and extreme blasts of heat. Hover and fly at a speed of 380 mph. 1/2 damage from: Magic and MD cold and heat/fire/plasma. -5% to all Physical Skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing and similar. -10% to Palming, Pick Pocket, Prowl, and other Rogue, Medical and Technical skills that require a delicate touch.

Juan waits for a hostile response from the other side of the door. In the two days that he has spent on Seeron he has learned two things -- 1) Always be prepared for a fight; 2) always be prepared to be outgunned in that fight. The lack of an answer is somehow more frightening. Could the Burning Scythe be planning an ambush? Were they arming some perimeter defense? Were they calling the Tarlok police?

Ser Oradro wrote:"Hello? Is anyone there? The door was left unlocked... does anyone need assistance?"

Empty. Or so someone would want us to believe... Juan scans around the dark courtyard. Yeah, this is definitely a trap.

He turns on his radio and reaches out to the stealth team on the other side of the building. "Urqos Chief. We've entered the building, someone left the front door ajar. And... it doesn't look like anyone is here." Kaedras had said that there were people here, but that had managed to evacuate very quickly and without a trace. In fact, it reminded Juan of what Waldo and her team had said about the address earlier. Raided by the Tarlok, and up and running again as if nothing happened. Surely, a group of smugglers would have hidden rooms in their base. "If they knew we were coming, they could have hidden away in secret passageways, rooms, or even sub-basements. Keep an eye out."

Then Juan spots the blinking blue light. Whatever it means, it is not good. Maybe they did call the cops. Regardless, an ambush was imminent.
Last edited by Juan Echo on Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 76/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Sorrenson » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:12 am

Perception: 1d100 = 17 +15 Mechanical / Magical /34%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 36
OOC Comments
PPE: 141/151
ISP: 44/48
HP: 38
SDC: 30
NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 eacho
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 400/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
NE-800 ammo 16/16 dumb missiles - 1 more clip of smart missiles available
Fusion Blocks 5/5


Drone M.D.C
-5 from main body of each
-75 from main body of Combat Drone #A
-50 from main body of Combat Drone #B

Gear on person:
Amulet of Understanding

Light mage armor: (Worn)
M.D.C. by Location
• Hood: 20
• Arms: 15 each
• Legs: 30 each
• Main Body: 50
• Armor of Ithan: 60/60 - 5 minutes remain
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills
TW enhancements (at 6th level): armor of Ithan (10), Fly as Eagle (25), Breathe without Air (5), Impervious to Energy (20)

PH 21 Phase Beamer (Worn in shoulder holster)
Damage: 3d6 s.d.c. to s.d.c. creatures, 4d6 m.d.c. to m.d.c. beings and force fields, no damage to armor.
Rate of Fire: equal to HTH
Range: 400ft
Payload: 10 shots.
3 e-clips

TW Lightblade (shaped like a long knife, worn on belt)
Damage 1d4x10 +3 m.d.
Duration: 3 minutes
p.p.e. cost to activate: 20
Double damage to Vampires and those vulnerable to light.

Mr. Sorrenson’s Harness of Awesome V 1.0

TW Converted NE-202 Slim-Line "Widow-Maker" Heavy Plasma Cartridge Pistol
• Range: 60'
• Damage: 1D4x10 M.D. (Particle Beam)
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only.
• Payload: 4 (12 P.P.E. per Shot)

Splugorth Mega-Blade

Bone Fetish

Utility/Tool Belt

Amulet of Understanding ISP: -12

Sorrenson squints at the flashing blue lights and feels a headache coming on. Oh great... They knew we were coming. This is not going to end well. Man, I really got to stop clenching my jaw or grinding my teeth or whatever it is that I do when I'm stressed out, it's giving me headaches. Against his better judgement he follows Oradro and Juan towards the building. Well, not really because after considering how the fight went in the alley way at the bar sticking with the others seems like a solid idea. He sends the destro drones into the building ahead of the team. "I'm Sending in a couple of drones to take a look deeper inside." He pings the door knocker crew with a quick message. He sends one drone, via the Amulet of Understanding, to check out the flashing lights and the other in another direction to gather more info. He keeps them low to the ground with as few transmissions as possible. He parks a Spy drone by the hover vehicle and post the two combat drones by the front gate, again keeping them as low profile as possible.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Kaedras Starfall » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:01 am

Perception Bonus: 39% 1d100 = 27 (SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20 = 20
1d100 = 68

Conditions: Sixth sense (untriggered)

Metri wrote:"Lost we have, the element of surprise. yesss."


Kaedras internally curses himself, though his face remains inscrutable. Curse me for a fool! Of course I didn't expect to be seen while astral... but I should have! In the future - should we survive - I will endeavor to remember this lesson.

"Options for their response to my... bumbling... include a dizzying array of possibilities, which include total abandonment of this facility or setting self destructs to go off if the facility is broken into, or any of a plethora of possibilities in between."

Using his cosmic armor, he flies up to the level of the window, to peer inside (see perc roll above), prepared to warn the others and/or dodge if he sees anything dangerous.

Prowl 35% 1d100 = 52 (peer in without being seen - FAIL)

If he is attacked he will shout "Take Cover, friends!" and dodge. He will then zigzag in the air while shooting into the window he is being attacked from.

Init: 1d20+4 = 7
APM: 5

Action 1: Dodge 1d20+8
Action 2: Fire MD Arrows; Strike 1d20+4 = 16; Damage 3d6 = 12 MD
Action 3: Fire MD Arrows; Strike 1d20+4 = 11; Damage 3d6 = 16 MD
Action 4: Fire MD Arrows; Strike 1d20+4 = 12; Damage 3d6 = 8 MD
Action 5: Fire MD Arrows; Strike 1d20+4 = 9; Damage 3d6 = 9 MD


If he is not attacked, he attempts to make sense of the blue light they saw by potentially identifying the device emitting it.

Sensory Equipment 50% 1d100 = 27 (to identify if the blue light is from a monitor or other surveillance system - SUCCESS)
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 168/168
M.D.C.: 37/37

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35
Psionic Force Field: 70/70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Starchief » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:17 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 37/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 55

Metri wrote:"Unexpected, hmm." Metri mumbles aloud to himself when the blue light suddenly illuminates the dark office. "Lost we have, the element of surprise. yesss."


"It seems that way, Metri. Let me check in with the other crew."

Juan Echo wrote:"Urqos Chief. We've entered the building, someone left the front door ajar. And... it doesn't look like anyone is here. If they knew we were coming, they could have hidden away in secret passageways, rooms, or even sub-basements. Keep an eye out."


"Are you seeing this blinking light? Change of plans is in order."
Sorrenson wrote:"I'm Sending in a couple of drones to take a look deeper inside."


"And that's a perfect first step. Report back when you have something." He turns to those present and says "We're going to hold off until Sorrenson's drones have something for us. This doesn't feel right, but I haven't gotten a warning of imminent danger just yet."
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image

Ledger
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Mara » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:33 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 100 / 65% (95% when dealing with vampires or undead)
JiC: 1d20 = 20 1d100 = 15

Conditions: Eyes Three (20)-- 60 min duration, Nightvision 1200', See the Invisible, See Aura, +1 to strike, +1 to Initiative

Mara continues to follow Starburst, Well, well we may have walked into a trap. Lovely. Maybe everyone is off for the night? I wonder what the elf did when he came here astrally? I don't believe Kaboom would have warned them? Well maybe if he reported in to that witch . . ? "What now Starburst? This looks interesting?"

Starchief wrote:"We're going to hold off until Sorrenson's drones have something for us. This doesn't feel right, but I haven't gotten a warning of imminent danger just yet."


Mara nods, she holds her position and searches for anything interesting. She activates her Eyes Three tattoo (-20 ppe) to assist her.

Intelligence-- 1d100 = 7 / 71% Assessing the situation?
Detect Ambush-- 1d100 = 56 / 61% Looking for problems?
Mara Archerean

PPE: 288 / 288
ISP: 85 / 85
MDC: 381/381
H.F.: 14
Heart in Chains Tattoo: 0/450 MDC(inactive)

Constant: Sixth Sense

Soundtrack:
''Zombie'' by Damned Anthem
Evanescence - Bring Me To Life (Ghost in the Machine Remix)
Adele vs. Linkin Park - Set Fire To The End
Tomorrow We Fight
User avatar
Mara
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:25 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Dark Lord » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:55 pm

Your anticipation of battle at the compound’s front gates is quickly infused with an undercurrent of fear as the entire facility appears to be abandoned. Oradro summons his navy blue cosmic armor, and literally walks in through the front door. His query upon doing so is met with silence, and so Oradro simply strides into the courtyard surrounding the main entrance. The approach is not without some trepidation, however- Oradro finds himself leaping at shadows, convinced that there are at least a dozen locations within weapons’ range that would serve well as an ambush point to anyone approaching. It almost makes one long for the days of certain, extrasensory perceptions… But such memories are faint and fleeting, and the current setup certainly has its advantages as well ((Also deduct 63 PPE for spells per Metri)).

Juan (clad in similar armor), Icky, and Sorrenson all follow behind. The tension is palpable as Juan makes a terse report into his radio, even as he looks around- convinced that the façade before them conceals who-knows-how-many secret passages through which your enemies could ambush you. Icky merely remains silent and covers the other side of the courtyard, confirming that the hover vehicle is empty. Sorrenson brings up the rear, and is already issuing commands to his drone armor to put them in position. He parks his spy drone by the vehicle, his two combat drones by the entrance, and sends his destructo-drones into the building to scout then reports in to Starchief. The four of you take up wary positions in the courtyard, moving slowly towards the main entrance while you wait for the drones’ telemetry to arrive ((Sorrenson can share it with anyone who has a computer, telepathically, or verbally)).

On the other side of the facility, the stealth team forms around Starchief’s position. Kaedras, blaming himself for the base’s alert status, flies up to the window and peers inside. Unlike Starchief, the elf’s natural nightvision serves him well, and he can identify a computer sitting on a desk in the office. It is otherwise unoccupied. Below him, Starchief orders the team to hold position while they wait for the drones’ telemetry. Still unsure about Kaboom, Metri takes the opportunity to interrogate their erstwhile ally, asking him if there is any standard meaning to the blue lights they can see. Kaboom replies, ”Everybody knows red means danger, but that’s about it. Could be anything, but probably isn’t too specific- color coding doesn’t transmit a lot of nuance. An evacuation, maybe?” Metri frowns, and tries to ignore Skorl’s pleas for action. Finally, Mara activates one of her tattoos ((-20 PPE)) and scans the area- but she sees no auras, and nothing invisible. That leaves the drones.

The drones move quickly, and although they can’t seem to open any doors they can float quickly throughout the building and give you a good idea of its general layout. There are two wings- the southern, which Kaedras already partially explored, and the eastern. Presumably, most if not all of the closed rooms in the wings are medical wards or offices similar to those encountered by Kaedras earlier. Aside from that, there is a large central hub directly inside the main entrance that appears every bit as deserted as the rest of the building. The welcome desk is definitely the least-welcoming example you've ever seen- unpowered computer terminals and all. The blue lights are located on a plethora of consoles and displays throughout the central hub and the hallways, and after a minute or so the drones are able to map them and it becomes clear that the lights tend to be clustered around the exits, illuminating paths to them from various parts of the first level. If the pattern is described or otherwise transmitted to Mara or Metri, they recognize it from her own experience as being an evacuation pattern, but the idea isn’t terribly difficult to infer. While one drone completes its exploration of the east wing, the second completes its circuit of the central hub, and comes to a halt while awaiting further instructions. As it does so, its sensors register a mild anomaly that catches Sorrenson’s eye. The techno-wizard frowns, takes a closer look, and concludes that the drone might be registering motion from the cylindrical pillar in the center of the hub.

What are you doing?
Attachments
Two.jpg
Why kill a PC when you can torture their player?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Sorrenson » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:16 am

Perception: 1d100 = 32
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 60
OOC Comments
PPE: 141/151
ISP: 44/48
HP: 38
SDC: 30
NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 eacho
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 400/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
NE-800 ammo 16/16 dumb missiles - 1 more clip of smart missiles available
Fusion Blocks 5/5


Drone M.D.C
-5 from main body of each
-75 from main body of Combat Drone #A
-50 from main body of Combat Drone #B

Gear on person:
Amulet of Understanding

Light mage armor: (Worn)
M.D.C. by Location
• Hood: 20
• Arms: 15 each
• Legs: 30 each
• Main Body: 50
• Armor of Ithan: 60/60 - 5 minutes remain
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills
TW enhancements (at 6th level): armor of Ithan (10), Fly as Eagle (25), Breathe without Air (5), Impervious to Energy (20)

PH 21 Phase Beamer (Worn in shoulder holster)
Damage: 3d6 s.d.c. to s.d.c. creatures, 4d6 m.d.c. to m.d.c. beings and force fields, no damage to armor.
Rate of Fire: equal to HTH
Range: 400ft
Payload: 10 shots.
3 e-clips

TW Lightblade (shaped like a long knife, worn on belt)
Damage 1d4x10 +3 m.d.
Duration: 3 minutes
p.p.e. cost to activate: 20
Double damage to Vampires and those vulnerable to light.

Mr. Sorrenson’s Harness of Awesome V 1.0

TW Converted NE-202 Slim-Line "Widow-Maker" Heavy Plasma Cartridge Pistol
• Range: 60'
• Damage: 1D4x10 M.D. (Particle Beam)
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only.
• Payload: 4 (12 P.P.E. per Shot)

Splugorth Mega-Blade

Bone Fetish

Utility/Tool Belt

Amulet of Understanding ISP: -12

Glued to the burst feeds coming in from his drones Sorrenson doesn't know if he should be getting more worried of not. Yep, looks like they've bailed... He groans inwardly. Does this put us right back at bloody square bloody one? Once the drones complete their circuit he lets the other know what the drones have seen. He bundles up the feed and send it by laser comms to the guys around him so they can see it for themselves. "Looks empty. They got spooked and bailed? Possible movement in the central chamber. I can't be sure. What's the plan?" He highlights the movements the drones have picked up. He does the same to the spy drone and then routes around the building, keeping low and quiet, so it can send the same info to the stealth team. It's a bit of a hassle to do and slower but it keeps the drone's transmissions to a minimum.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Metri » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:28 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 13 | 54%
JIC: 1d20 = 1| 1d100 = 28%
-----------------------------------
Status
PPE: 159/159
ISP: 222/260
MDC: 72/72
MTB1_PPE: 174/180
MTB2_PPE: 180/180
MTB3_PPE: 180/180
Activated Psionics/Magic
  • Cosmic Armor. 152.00 min. 800/800 MDC. Breathe for spell's duration. Constant internal temperature, protected from cold, radiation and extreme blasts of heat. Hover and fly at a speed of 380 mph. 1/2 damage from: Magic and MD cold and heat/fire/plasma. -5% to all Physical Skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing and similar. -10% to Palming, Pick Pocket, Prowl, and other Rogue, Medical and Technical skills that require a delicate touch.
  • Cloak of Darkness. 24.00 min. -6 PPE. BoM p.93. Self plus 5 foot radius around character.
  • Enhanced Perception. 72.00 min. R25 pg 78-79: All natural senses +50%. +15% Perception. +1 strike, +2 parry/dodge. +10% to any skill that relies on basic senses.

Kaboom wrote:”Everybody knows red means danger, but that’s about it. Could be anything, but probably isn’t too specific- color coding doesn’t transmit a lot of nuance. An evacuation, maybe?”

"Hmm, yess," Metri agrees, "Missing, the occupants are. Logical presumption, an evacuation is." The Yhabbayar gives Kaboom a slight nod in appreciation for the insight then turns his attention to their current dilemma. Sorrenson's update over the comms is a welcome breadcrumb to follow.

Motion in the central chamber could be the evacuated people, or it could be another seeking to breech the facility. Most important: We should stop standing around with our thumbs stuck in our arses and get to rescuing, investigating, and bashin' bad guys. Skorl interjects. Metri isn't sure if it is the persistence of those Norse warrrior's words in his mind or simply the truth of their situation, but the Yhabbayar is inclined to agree. He depresses his throat mic and uncharacteristically shares his eagerness.

"Reason for further delay, there is not." Metri offers, "If a trap this is, trigger it we must. Locate missing bio-freaks, rescue children. Opportunity lost if in deliberation we remain." We could either remain in our split groups, with each group designated toward one of our targets, or we could reconvene and explore the mystery together. I can see value in either approach. But we need a decision made.

Anthropology. 90% | 1d100 = 76 <== Identify personal trinkets reflective of the occupants' lives (e.g. pictures of family, jewelry of personal significance,
Intelligence. 74% | 1d100 = 5 <== Based on the state of how things were left, how urgently did the denizens evacuate and how long ago

If/When ordered into the facility, Metri will pay close attention to the contents of the room. Should the Yhabbayar spot items that look to be of a personal nature left behind (especially photos), he will gather them up with the intention of using them as psychic foci later.
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Juan Echo » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:46 pm

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 16
JiC: 1d20 = 1/1d100 = 13

Gear
Armor
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Armor by location:
    Main body: 95/140
    Head: 60/60
    Arms (each): 50/50
    Legs (each): 60/60
Splurgoth Talisman of Armor of Ithan (activated once): 100/100 M.D.C.
Energy Aura (activated once): 100/100 M.D.C.
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
NE-74GL Grenade Launcher (Ammo 48/48)
Active Effects
Nightvision
Energy Aura (activated once): 100/100 M.D.C.
Cosmic Armor. 160 min. 800/800 MDC. Breathe for spell's duration. Constant internal temperature, protected from cold, radiation and extreme blasts of heat. Hover and fly at a speed of 380 mph. 1/2 damage from: Magic and MD cold and heat/fire/plasma. -5% to all Physical Skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing and similar. -10% to Palming, Pick Pocket, Prowl, and other Rogue, Medical and Technical skills that require a delicate touch.

Juan Echo cautiously walks into the building. The Burning Scythe have a head start on the Adventurers and things were too quiet in the courtyard. Perhaps they fled the building, but he doubts it. Things always turn inward. In more than one ways, brother. That is true. He walks through the hallway and checks the first room to the right of the door.* Juan is ready for an ambush, and will dodge at the first sign of motion (Dodge: 1d20+8 = 14). Assuming he doesn't find anything of interest he will then move on to the next room**, likewise ready for a trap (Dodge: 1d20+8 = 18). And he will even go into the third room on the left if he still finds nothing***, still ready for whatever some kind of raging sadist would leave waiting for him (Dodge: 1d20+8 = 14). Should he find anything interesting, he will notify everyone via radio.

Urqos Sorrenson wrote:"Looks empty. They got spooked and bailed? Possible movement in the central chamber. I can't be sure. What's the plan?"

Juan walks back to the main room and takes a lap around the circular hallway. He then places his hand on the central pillar. This is an organized operation; they had a plan for such an occasion. Do they have an escape route inside this column? Are they waiting for a fight?

Juan looks around, there are fewer blue lights in this hallway. "Does anyone have a clue what these blue lights mean?" Juan will glibly brush off anything that Kaboom suggests. "Urqos Sorrenson, can you have one of your birds discreetly keeping an eye out for anyone else entering this compound."


* Room 13 on the map
** Room 12
*** Room 8
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 76/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Kaedras Starfall » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:51 am

Perception Bonus: 39% 1d100 = 66

JIC: 1d20 = 11
1d100 = 33

Conditions: Sixth sense (untriggered)

Starchief wrote: "We're going to hold off until Sorrenson's drones have something for us. This doesn't feel right, but I haven't gotten a warning of imminent danger just yet."


Kaedras takes a good look around the office he'd previously flew through in astral form before returning to the ground.

"No one in the office above... there's a computer in there on the desk, but no occupants."

OOC Comments
Was the computer on or off?


As Sorrenson reports back with the drones' intel, Kaedras stands vigilant.

Metri wrote:"Reason for further delay, there is not." Metri offers, "If a trap this is, trigger it we must. Locate missing bio-freaks, rescue children. Opportunity lost if in deliberation we remain."


Kaedras nods, somberly. "Evacuating a facility of this size... can be done quickly, but that's unlikely. With children and restrained adults an evacuation is likely to be a slower affair, and if we act quickly we may be able to follow."
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 168/168
M.D.C.: 37/37

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35
Psionic Force Field: 70/70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Oradro » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:23 pm

Perception 32%: 1d100 = 88
JIC: 1d100 = 74 1d20 = 7

PPE: 534/660
Personal MDC: 355
Cosmic Armour: 500

"It could be that they partially evacuated and left others present." Oradro notes over the coms as he continues deeper into the facility. Along the way the huge Seljuk continues to keep an eye out for possible ambushes or signs of people having passed by. Not that there were tons of tracks to ever find in a building, but sometimes one might find some scuff marks or even foot prints if someone stepped into something. Tiny little details that might indicate passage more recent than the next. Even harder to do along well traveled routes however. "If any of you are good with computers, now might be a good time to try to power up one of the terminals and find out what the story is, or see if there's even any files to go over at all." he suggests to the rest of the team.

Well, they may have mostly cleared out, but that doesn't mean that everyone did. They -did- leave a vehicle behind after all. Could be a sign there's still at least one or two people left trying to finish something before leaving...

"Some one keep an eye on that truck out front. I have a feeling we aren't quite alone. Someone may still be waiting to finish loading something onto it before leaving." he suggested.



Amid the situation he'd look for signs of tracks, perhaps there's some sign of where people had gone?
Tracking: People 48% 1d100 = 30

And of course, he was worried this was some sort of ambush:
Detect Ambush 50% 1d100 = 91
Oradro's Sheet
PPE: 690
MDC 340

Constant Conditions:
  • Regeneration: 1d4X10 per Minute.
  • Does not require air, food or sleep.
  • Impervious to Fire (except Magic). All other non magical energy attacks do 1/100th damage (Lasers, Particle Beams, Ion Beams etc). Physical, Magic and PSI attacks do full damage.
User avatar
Oradro
 
Posts: 549
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:52 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Chef Icky » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:13 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 79/43%
JIC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 6

Conditions
- CAF Heavy Battle Armor: 88/120 MDC
- Integrated N-40B Force Field: 110/110 MDC
- Nightvision – 100’/30.5 m (can see in total darkness)

Icky frowns as it turns out they're all dressed up with no one to blow away. This has to be because Pointy-Ears got made in his astral snooping, he muses while he checks out the hover vehicle to make sure it's empty. Or they were tipped off by Kablooey. Either way they knew we were coming. Now I'm wishing Boog had hit me with his armor spell before Scaly-Butt knocked on the door. He reaches out first to Metri's mind, then to Starchief's. This stinks like microwaved melanogrammus haddock. If this ain't some sort of trap I'm a chartreuse Space Ugglie named Bobo.

"Dey couldn't frag us in a fair fight, maybe dey plan ta blow up da joint an' bring it down on top o' us? Or maybe call in a surgical air strike?" He mutters out loud. "Everybody check fer explosives an' homin' beacon stuff."

skill checks
Demolitions -- 1d100 = 93/75% (searching for explosives)
Demolitions Disposal -- 1d100 = 95/95% (searching for explosives)
Field Armorer & Munitions Expert -- 1d100 = 59/74% (searching for explosives)
Detect Ambush -- 1d100 = 73/89% (searching for telltale signs of an impending ambush)
Detect Concealment -- 1d100 = 95/79% (searching for anything hidden like escape hatches, tripwires, etc.)
Prowl -- 1d100 = 83/69% (to avoid tripping over said escape hatches/tripwires/etc.)


If he finds anything that goes "kaboom" (pun intended) or looks like some sort of homing device he'll radio the group to evac immediately.
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Mara » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:28 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 24 / 65% (95% when dealing with vampires or undead)
JiC: 1d20 = 13 1d100 = 52

Conditions: Eyes Three (20)-- 60 min duration, Nightvision 1200', See the Invisible, See Aura, +1 to strike, +1 to Initiative

Mara Stands her vigil near Starburst awaiting orders. She continues to scan the area. Strange . . . Where could they have all gone?

If ordered inside, she says, "I am no expert but I can take a crack at the computer." If no one with some skill steps up she will sit and try to log on to see what she can find. Looking for any alerts or such things. If someone else steps up she will try to assist. I knew I should have taken a few more lessons on these damn things.

Intelligence-- 1d100 = 26 / 71% Assessing the situation?
Detect Ambush-- 1d100 = 4 / 61% Looking for problems?
Computer Operation-- 1d100 = 17 / 66%
Research-- 1d100 = 95 / 76%
Mara Archerean

PPE: 288 / 288
ISP: 85 / 85
MDC: 381/381
H.F.: 14
Heart in Chains Tattoo: 0/450 MDC(inactive)

Constant: Sixth Sense

Soundtrack:
''Zombie'' by Damned Anthem
Evanescence - Bring Me To Life (Ghost in the Machine Remix)
Adele vs. Linkin Park - Set Fire To The End
Tomorrow We Fight
User avatar
Mara
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:25 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Starchief » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:28 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 75/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 75

Champion: 135/150 ISP

Sorrenson wrote:"Looks empty. They got spooked and bailed? Possible movement in the central chamber. I can't be sure. What's the plan?"

Metri wrote:"Reason for further delay, there is not." Metri offers, "If a trap this is, trigger it we must. Locate missing bio-freaks, rescue children. Opportunity lost if in deliberation we remain."

Kaedras Starfall wrote:"No one in the office above... there's a computer in there on the desk, but no occupants."

Oradro wrote: "If any of you are good with computers, now might be a good time to try to power up one of the terminals and find out what the story is, or see if there's even any files to go over at all."
"Some one keep an eye on that truck out front. I have a feeling we aren't quite alone. Someone may still be waiting to finish loading something onto it before leaving." he suggested.

Chef Icky wrote:He reaches out first to Metri's mind, then to Starchief's. This stinks like microwaved melanogrammus haddock. If this ain't some sort of trap I'm a chartreuse Space Ugglie named Bobo.

Chef Icky wrote:"Dey couldn't frag us in a fair fight, maybe dey plan ta blow up da joint an' bring it down on top o' us? Or maybe call in a surgical air strike?" He mutters out loud. "Everybody check fer explosives an' homin' beacon stuff."



So much input, so many ideas it'd be overwhelming for a lesser Seeronian. But I'm the goddamn Starchief and I'm going to figure this out.

"Quiet and listen. We haven't much time."
"Sorrenson, I need you out of the Drudge and at that computer ASAP. Download it's database. If your amulet can do it without you removing your armor, then do it now. Keep those drones feeding us info."
"Juan and Icky, you two head inside to the movement the drones sensed. Let us know what it is immediately and for d'rast sake, keep yourself protected."
"Oradro, you guard the front entrance and let us know immediately if something comes up. We'll have your back immediately and provide an escape for those inside."
"Kaedras, you have the most important job of all. I need you to use your mental abilities to keep an enhanced lookout for us. I know when Metri does this he is out of commission until he is done, so you will have myself, Metri and Mara guarding you. The second you see something out of sorts, I need you to come back and update us immediately."
"Kaboom, the second this goes south, you get us the frak out of here."
"Is everyone clear about their roles?"


To Kaedras, Starchief says "Armor up before you go under. We'll keep you safe." Starchief waits for Kaedras to begin his scouting via Psychic Omni-Sight and then keeps a perceptive guard over him.

Skills
Demolitions: 1d100 = 37/100% - to determine what type of explosives he sees if he sees any.
Demolitions Disposal: 1d100 = 86/100% - to get rid of any explosives he may find.
Basic Electronics: 1d100 = 56/90% - to assist in demolitions disposal.
Basic Mechanics: 1d100 = 30/60% - to assist in demolitions disposal.
Detect Ambush: 1d100 = 67/90% - to see what kind of trap this is and if they're being currently ambushed.
Prowl: 1d100 = 43/100% - to remain quiet while doing all of this.
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image

Ledger
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Dark Lord » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:09 am

The front door team continues its cautious advance towards the main building. Sorrenson distributes the feed from his drones so that anyone on the team with an appropriate receiver can access it. He also highlights the movement in the center of the chamber, before sending his spy drone on a quick circuit of the building’s exterior. After a minute or so, the spy drone completes the same- there are no signs of any guards, or anyone else for that matter, within the exterior grounds. Sorrenson, Metri, Kaedras, Oradro, and Icky all repot in to Starchief.

After considering his options, some gentle advice from Metri that the time for deliberation has passed, and the radioed reports from various team members Starchief issues his orders. Starchief and the rest of the stealth team will hold position while Kaedras enters a psychic trance to provide some more in-depth reconnaissance. While the omni-sight cannot go through walls or other obstacles, moving inside the building could give you more information. Metri and Mara take the opportunity to have a closer look at the office. Metri scrutinizes the office before them, and the room appears as sterile emotionally as the rest of the building is medically. There are no signs of personal effects- merely some worn but decent quality furniture and the desk terminal. You do, however, spot the latch on the window and realize that it’s unlocked. Mara is able to push the window in without a sound, and enter the office similarly. She takes a crack at examining the office’s computer terminal, but from what she can tell it was either recently wiped or never used to store much in the first place. Either way, the room itself appears to be a dead end.

It is, however, a good way inside. Assuming Kaedras complies, enters the office, and begins meditating ((see PM)), Starchief and Kaboom will hang back to guard him. When Starchief orders Kaboom to have an easy escape at the ready, the Skrayper nods and begins waving his hands at the grassy grounds surrounding the building. Within minutes, he has reshaped the land to provide a ramp that goes over the nearby wall, followed by a steep but manageable descent on the other side.

Out front, Oradro is ordered to assume a guard position near the lobby. The cosmo-knight complies, suggesting someone examine the computer in reception. Oradro himself merely takes a look around, examining the floor for signs of passage while keeping an eye on the hover vehicle out front. There isn’t really anything conclusive on the ground itself- say what you will about the facility, it appears to have been cleaned regularly, and neither the hallways inside the main entrance nor the parking lot out front reveal much in the way of clues. However, Oradro does spy mats for wiping one’s feet just inside the entrance- a close examination of them reveals a few wheeled tracks along with indentations that could be footprints. Whoever was the last person or people to pass this way, they were wheeling something big- a hospital bed (or beds) wouldn’t be an unreasonable conjecture.

Meanwhile, Juan and Icky enter the building and begin a quick survey. Juan is jumping at every corner, and every doorway, anticipating a trap while Icky’s main concerns are explosives or some sort of self-destruct sequence. The good news is that the minotaur’s searches turn up nothing- either the place isn’t rigged, or the bomb’s too well-hidden for you to be able to find a trace of it. Juan, meanwhile, sets out for one of the nearby rooms. Frantically searching every nook and cranny for traps, the Godling looks vaguely ridiculous as he makes his way towards the eastern wing of the building, and opens the first door he finds. Primed for danger, Juan leaps backwards as he does so, stumbling backwards over his own two feet and almost landing on his butt before recovering and re-aiming his weapon. The entire production proves unnecessary, if perhaps understandable when the rest of you see what waits inside.

It is a small waiting room, barely large enough for the pair of hospital beds inside it. Originally intended as some sort of triage, each bed is now home to a corpse. While Juan is unfamiliar with most of the particulars of Seeronian biology, particularly in light of the strange Tarlok plague, it doesn’t take a genius to hypothesize that you are looking at the remains of two bio-freaks. One is a standard-enough humanoid, save for the dusky red color of its skin, the clusters of spikes everywhere along its body, and the oversized, insect-like eyes. Its skin is shriveled and desiccated, giving it an almost mummy-like appearance. The second is more exotic- its as if someone made a perfectly featureless humanoid body of metal, with minimal facial features and no other identifying characteristics, and then left it to shrivel in the sun for too long. The metallic skin is now crumpled and wrinkled slightly, and pits edged by an angry green corrosion have begun to mar the otherwise silvery sheen. Both look like they have been dead for years, if not centuries, but the most disconcerting aspect to their condition is that each appears to be hooked up to some kind of alien tentacle running through the wall. The tentacles appear to be suctioned on to each Seeronian’s wrist- and still swallowing… something. The sight is rather grotesque ((Juan, save vs. HF 10 next post)), but not so much so that it prevents you from noting the location of another small computer terminal in the room.

After that horror, it is almost a relief to hear Starchief’s order to scout out the central cylinder, and withdraw to Icky’s location near the central room. At first blush, the cylinder appears unremarkable- it is very large, and appears to be a weight-bearing support for the central foyer; perhaps a closer inspection will reveal additional details. Sorrenson, meanwhile, hears the order from Starchief to access one of the facility’s computer terminals. To do so, you can either open the drudge (leaving it is not required) and touch a computer, or use the amulet’s more advanced psychic abilities (in which case, deduct ISP). See PM, and post a computer programming or similar skill roll, for details after you decide what to do.

What are you doing?
Three.jpg
Why kill a PC when you can torture their player?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Juan Echo » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:08 pm

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 32
JiC: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 29

Gear
Armor
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Armor by location:
    Main body: 95/140
    Head: 60/60
    Arms (each): 50/50
    Legs (each): 60/60
Splurgoth Talisman of Armor of Ithan (activated once): 100/100 M.D.C.
Energy Aura (activated once): 100/100 M.D.C.
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
NE-74GL Grenade Launcher (Ammo 48/48)
Active Effects
Nightvision
Energy Aura (activated once): 100/100 M.D.C.
Cosmic Armor. 160 min. 800/800 MDC. Breathe for spell's duration. Constant internal temperature, protected from cold, radiation and extreme blasts of heat. Hover and fly at a speed of 380 mph. 1/2 damage from: Magic and MD cold and heat/fire/plasma. -5% to all Physical Skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing and similar. -10% to Palming, Pick Pocket, Prowl, and other Rogue, Medical and Technical skills that require a delicate touch.

Rolls
Save vs. Horror Factor (10), 1d20+8 = 24 SUCCESS!
Lore: Demons & Monsters (80%), 1d20 = 2 -- Identify the tentacle and what unholy horror would have spawned it SUCCESS!

The Urqos body is a diverse and beautiful thing - being both impossibly small and standing shoulder to shoulder with a Yayamama deity; smooth as a freshly shaved Noro*, in a thick coat of wool, or those plates the Tarlok have; winged, with a variety of tails, and untold numbers legs though typically bipedal; delicate to the point of being beautiful and hardy beyond the laws of physics; a conduit for magic and housing minds that shaped and warped reality; it was the vessel for a soul. The Wandering God loves them all**. The sight of these hollowed husks is a reminder of what once was, and worse yet what was taken away. The bio-freaks are fascinating, showing the uninhibited and accelerated possibilities of Seerman evolution. It is a pity they are looked at with scorn when they might be the most amazing Urqos on this planet.The metallic one, once lustrous and resilient, looks as fragile as crumpled tin foil. The ferocity of the red spiked one had has been sucked away by a tentacles hanging like an IV going into the wall and who knows where from there.

"Everyone may want to come here. I found something," Juan says on the team's radio band. He will then say to whoever arrives. "I don't know what to make of this. I'm not sure what the tentacles are sucking out of the bodies. I cannot say where it is going past inside the wall. I am not even sure when these individuals died; it looks like before the Tarlok invasion, but I would not be surprised if it happened just a few days ago. This is some truly wicked work. Maybe someone can see if the computer console has any information."

Urqos Chief wrote:"Juan and Icky, you two head inside to the movement the drones sensed. Let us know what it is immediately and for d'rast sake, keep yourself protected."

Juan nods and heads to the main column. After circling the column twice he pauses and rests his hand on it.Was anyone hiding within? Or did it lead to a hidden base where they would meet their ultimate foe? Or was this the trap that everyone was anticipating in some kind? He then takes one of his magical clubs and taps it against the metal base, listening for what might be inside. He looks at Icky and says, "Be ready for anything."

* There's a difference, as Jonny would tell you.
** And if given the opportunity he would love them all.
Last edited by Juan Echo on Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 76/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Oradro » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:55 am

Perception 32%: 1d100 = 99
JIC: 1d100 = 22 1d20 = 7

PPE: 534/660
Personal MDC: 355
Cosmic Armour: 500

Oradro decides to go check out the vehicle a little more, trying to tell if it had been recently used or otherwise was perhaps left deliberately out front. "They wheeled at least a few people out on stretchers, that or some heavy equipment. Fairly recently going by the tracks." he says into the radio before slowly circling the vehicle in question. It's possible they just ditched it, but it's certainly a strange situation. They cleared out pretty fast too...
Oradro's Sheet
PPE: 690
MDC 340

Constant Conditions:
  • Regeneration: 1d4X10 per Minute.
  • Does not require air, food or sleep.
  • Impervious to Fire (except Magic). All other non magical energy attacks do 1/100th damage (Lasers, Particle Beams, Ion Beams etc). Physical, Magic and PSI attacks do full damage.
User avatar
Oradro
 
Posts: 549
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:52 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Sorrenson » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:58 am

Perception: 1d100 = 63
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 24
OOC Comments
PPE: 141/151
ISP: 44/48
HP: 38
SDC: 30
NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 eacho
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 400/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
NE-800 ammo 16/16 dumb missiles - 1 more clip of smart missiles available
Fusion Blocks 5/5


Drone M.D.C
-5 from main body of each
-75 from main body of Combat Drone #A
-50 from main body of Combat Drone #B

Gear on person:
Amulet of Understanding

Light mage armor: (Worn)
M.D.C. by Location
• Hood: 20
• Arms: 15 each
• Legs: 30 each
• Main Body: 50
• Armor of Ithan: 60/60 - 5 minutes remain
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills
TW enhancements (at 6th level): armor of Ithan (10), Fly as Eagle (25), Breathe without Air (5), Impervious to Energy (20)

PH 21 Phase Beamer (Worn in shoulder holster)
Damage: 3d6 s.d.c. to s.d.c. creatures, 4d6 m.d.c. to m.d.c. beings and force fields, no damage to armor.
Rate of Fire: equal to HTH
Range: 400ft
Payload: 10 shots.
3 e-clips

TW Lightblade (shaped like a long knife, worn on belt)
Damage 1d4x10 +3 m.d.
Duration: 3 minutes
p.p.e. cost to activate: 20
Double damage to Vampires and those vulnerable to light.

Mr. Sorrenson’s Harness of Awesome V 1.0

TW Converted NE-202 Slim-Line "Widow-Maker" Heavy Plasma Cartridge Pistol
• Range: 60'
• Damage: 1D4x10 M.D. (Particle Beam)
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only.
• Payload: 4 (12 P.P.E. per Shot)

Splugorth Mega-Blade

Bone Fetish

Utility/Tool Belt

Amulet of Understanding ISP: -12

Sorrenson follows orders and investigates the computers looking for info. He asks the Amulet of Understanding for it's help. The Amulet seems to just nod and Sorrenson can access the computers without leaving his PA. He does open it up though, out of habit as he has no idea of the amulet needs his PA open or not. He finds nothing on the reception computer. Weird. It's like it's never been used. Just operating system and that's it... Oh right. If they never had a receptionist and this was a hideout that makes sense.
Juan Echo wrote:"Everyone may want to come here. I found something,"
He heads over to the room Juan is in. He atually dry heaves when he sees the tentacles. The drudge mimics the motion. "Gak! That's fucking nasty... What is that? Some kind of organic fluid drain thingo? I hate to say it but we should find out where those tubes go." He checks the terminal. It looks to contain a basic data entry form on one of the bio-freak corpses in the room. It is incomplete, but there are fields for name and other identifying information, mutated physical characteristics (in this case, references to the metallic humanoid’s original, unblemished form), and super power description (only ‘shapechange’ is filled in here).

Skill roll: Computer operation 1d100 = 82/86% - success (to find more info)

Sorrenson digs around some more and finds something, a second file was recently deleted. From what little onfo data reconstruction can provide, it would be reasonable to guess that it concerns the other “patient.” There are no indications as to what was being done to either of them, but you do find a data fragment that reveals that the red-skinned fellow was admitted just under a week ago.

Sorrenson shares his finding with the other in the room. He then checks the drones outside (combat drones by the gates, spy drone by the hover vehicle) and in (trying to get a lock on the movement he thinks he saw), to keep up to date with what they can see.

If no one else does it Sorrenson will check the room next door to see if the tentacles exit the other side of the wall. If they do he'll follow them wherever they lead. If they stay inside the wall he'll use the gentle caress of his Labor PA to remove a chunk of the wall to see if he can figure out where the tentacles go.

Skill Roll: Pilot PA1d100 = 4/86% - success (to open up the wall without breaking or damaging the tentacles so he can follow them to whatever it is they lead to.)
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Kaedras Starfall » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:43 am

Perception Bonus: 39% 1d100 = 65

JIC: 1d20 = 14
1d100 = 68

Conditions:
  • Sixth sense (untriggered)
  • Cosmic Armor. ??/160 min. 800/800 MDC. Breathe for spell's duration. Constant internal temperature, protected from cold, radiation and extreme blasts of heat. Hover and fly at a speed of 380 mph. 1/2 damage from: Magic and MD cold and heat/fire/plasma. -5% to all Physical Skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing and similar. -10% to Palming, Pick Pocket, Prowl, and other Rogue, Medical and Technical skills that require a delicate touch.
  • Psionic Force Field 70/70 M.D.C.

Save vs. Horror factor 1d20+4 = 15

Starchief wrote:"Kaedras, you have the most important job of all. I need you to use your mental abilities to keep an enhanced lookout for us. I know when Metri does this he is out of commission until he is done, so you will have myself, Metri and Mara guarding you. The second you see something out of sorts, I need you to come back and update us immediately."


Kaedras nods once. "It will be done." Kaedras will enter the office through the window with the rest of the stealth team, and take up a position on the floor.

Starchief wrote:"Armor up before you go under. We'll keep you safe."


Kaedras triggers his armor's Psionic Force Field, to complement his Cosmic Armor. "I have every confidence you will. I shall report back what I find."

With that, Kaedras' mind dives deep, abandoning his body to earthly concerns, and stretches his mind out to consider the facility we're in. (Triggering Omni-Sight; -15 ISP)

His first sensation is that of pulsing electrical currents. The facility is not dark -= power is being routed elsewhere.

He sees Icky and Juan near the central pillar, and follows the currents of energy downward through a freight elevator located there, down into the ground. I see the triggering mechanisim... to some kind of sublevel here. Maybe more than one.

Looking around at ground level, he notices heat trails that lead in, around, and largely out of the facility. Looks like many people left... perhaps not all. Too many trails to make positive sense of.

Examining the heat, he realizes that a vast amount is within the walls - well-insulated perhaps, but there. He takes a closer look and sees it's being transferred to the subbasement - to a lab of some sort perhaps - through oddly organic-looking conduits. Some sort of... living... conduits...

The enormity... the utter alienness of the bio-conduit entity nearly overtakes his mind, and for brief instant he struggles to maintain his composure. What... IS that thing? Nauseous, he sense a heat cluster form the eastern wing of the facility, and, bending his psyche in that direction, "hears" some whispers - though he cannot make out what they say. shuddering inwardly, he emerges from his trance.

Opening his eyes, he reports to Starchief and the others. "There are sublevels to this facility - Icky and Juan are near a concealed freight elevator." He tells them where he sensed the trigger mechanism, then adds, "Large amounts of power are being diverted to the sublevels... including heat. It's a lab of some sort... and..." He shakes his head, struggling to comprehend what he'd seen, "Part of the diverted energy is in the form of heat, and it's being diverted through... living biomatter. Some kind of biological conduit constructs. I've never seen the like."

And I hope never again.

"They were ... perhaps... bi0-engineered alien tissue. I can't be certain."
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 168/168
M.D.C.: 37/37

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35
Psionic Force Field: 70/70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Metri » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:34 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 51 | 54%
JIC: 1d20 = 16| 1d100 = 66%
-----------------------------------
Status
PPE: 159/159
ISP: 222/260
MDC: 72/72
MTB1_PPE: 174/180
MTB2_PPE: 180/180
MTB3_PPE: 180/180
Activated Psionics/Magic
  • Cosmic Armor. 152.00 min. 800/800 MDC. Breathe for spell's duration. Constant internal temperature, protected from cold, radiation and extreme blasts of heat. Hover and fly at a speed of 380 mph. 1/2 damage from: Magic and MD cold and heat/fire/plasma. -5% to all Physical Skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing and similar. -10% to Palming, Pick Pocket, Prowl, and other Rogue, Medical and Technical skills that require a delicate touch.
  • Cloak of Darkness. 24.00 min. -6 PPE. BoM p.93. Self plus 5 foot radius around character.
  • Enhanced Perception. 72.00 min. R25 pg 78-79: All natural senses +50%. +15% Perception. +1 strike, +2 parry/dodge. +10% to any skill that relies on basic senses.
Disappointed at the lack of personal effects, Metri nonetheless complies with Starchief's direction and stands alert while Kaedras settles into his meditation. Sanitized. Probably just the clandestine nature of this facility. Nobody that works here brings reminders of their lives in with them. Or perhaps there is a policy in place. There also appears to be no guards we need to bypass. Subterfuge may be wasted effort. While waiting, the Yhabbayar releases his cloak of darkness and maintains his psychic sensitivity to supernatural evil just in case.

Sense Supernatural Evil. 144% | 1d100 = 51 <== Constantly on. 450 ft range.

Kaedras Starfall wrote:"Part of the diverted energy is in the form of heat, and it's being diverted through... living biomatter. Some kind of biological conduit constructs. I've never seen the like."

Metri's attention snaps to Kaedras as he comes out of his trance and delivers a disturbing assessment. "Transformed into a biological construct, this building is?" the Yhabbayar asks, doubt besetting his words even as they leave his mouth. "Or containment of a massive creature, hidden behind these walls are." The idea begins to percolate in the Yhabbayar's mind before Skorl interrupts with his opinion.

Containment?! Bloody hells. Your blue flashy light could be broken containment then. Everyone fled because the building-thing is about to eat anyone left. Metri nods quietly to himself, Yes. That is possible. In which case, we need to destroy the monstrosity and rescue the ones that remain, especially children.

"Into the sublevels, we should go. Seek the source of the heat." Metri offers, pointing a tridactyl finger. "Another path? Or is freight elevator the only way, hmm?" the Yhabbayar asks Kaedras. Once given direction, Metri will plod his way into the sublevels, confident that whatever danger needed to be defeated would be there.
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

PreviousNext

Return to Phase World: The Three Galaxies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron