[GA] Old Friends, New Enemies

The Anvil, Corkscrew, and Thundercloud galaxies.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

[GA] Old Friends, New Enemies

Postby Dark Lord » Sat May 23, 2020 11:21 am

Commandant M’yrel strode confidently onto the bridge of her command ship. Her minions and subordinates sprang to attention and leapt out of her way with even greater alacrity than normal. Good. Word of her success on the surface had already begun to circulate among the crew. She knew it had been a good idea to bring a few of the grunts down. She snorted. Extra security indeed. Next to her masterpieces, even the strongest Necrol warrior looked as weak and as slow as a creche newborn. M’yrel remained surprised that Thraxus’ minions had fared so well against them. Such a pity about Lieutenant Bashka, but then, if Thraxus employed pushovers one of the other teams sent against him would have killed them by now.

That thought brought her back around to her exultation once again. Though she kept a tight control on her emotions and expression, inwardly her spirit soared. The test had been a success. They had driven back Thraxus’ Souless Minions of Orthodoxy, and recovered all specimens without any loss of genetic material or laboratory data. It was a shame that they escaped, but there was no denying her victory. Those who had doubted her course of action, had derided her as a mad scientist, or had snickered behind her back would now fall silent. Her God had blessed her, and she could feel His love within her.

The preliminary testing had produced some interesting results, as well. In particular, mutations that altered the physical structure of the body seemed to be particularly effective when combined with Host Armor. Something about the genetic instability lent itself to the bonding process, allowed the armor to duplicate and extend the ability of its host. Most fascinating. The effect would have to be explored- maybe enhanced, maybe applied to other mutant abilities. The possibilities were endless!

She paused, realizing that the crew had been awaiting her orders while she had been lost in thought. It was tempting to stay. She had enough spores to plant several more labs, and both the Burning Scythe and certain elements in the Seeronian government-in-exile had expressed a willingness to continue with the project. Who knows what other revelations lie within the Seeronian genetic code?

But now wasn’t the right time. The Tarlok were on alert- drop pods aren’t exactly subtle- and the more idealistic elements of the Skrayper resistance would be on the lookout for any more disappearances. M’yrel didn’t have the resources to liquidate multiple facilities, and right now keeping her secrets out of the hands of her enemies took precedence over furthering her research. Without any samples, all Thraxus and his ilk can do is theorize as to the nature of the Host Armor. The longer it takes them to develop countermeasures, the more time she has over the long run to work on refinements. Besides, she reflected. There were other sources of potentially useful genetic data. Given her successful preliminary experiment, she didn’t think any on the council would dare refuse her request to send an expedition to one.

The exposure of the lab was a setback, but not an important one. She had the genetic blueprints and, thanks to the contribution from the Kreeghor, all the raw biomass she needed to begin production. Soon, her God would command an army through her, and together they would crush the Orthodoxy once and for all.

”Take us home” she barked. There was much to discuss.
Why kill a PC when you can torture their player?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 597
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] Old Friends, New Enemies

Postby Dark Lord » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:13 pm

Two days after your meeting with Thraxus, the Dime Store Magic departs Phase World. Total travel time to the Axis system will be three weeks- post how your character will spend that time once you are ready to leave Phase World.
Why kill a PC when you can torture their player?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 597
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] Old Friends, New Enemies

Postby Kar Fallax » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:27 am

Perception: 1d100 = 81 vs 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 10 and 1d100 = 88

Kar packs up what little belongings he has in a single backpack and walks to the ship. A sadness dwells inside him as he packs the one item that once meant everything to him. Another time, another life. Walking onto the ship he looks around. And so begins another, new life. But how long will it last? How long before they... Kar pulls back his thoughts and find his quarters on the ship, he sets his bag down on the bed and places his hand on the bag, One day mother, one day your Cesar will make you proud. One day father, one day you will see me as the warrior I was meant to be.

After setting the bag down Kar will look for the rest of the crew.

During the three weeks of travel, Kar will spend his time practicing his fighting form, working out as best the accommodations on the ship will allow and completing any tasks set for him by Starchief. During his down time he will sit in his room and meditate, working on centering his thoughts and finding calm.
User avatar
Kar Fallax
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon May 18, 2020 7:02 am

Re: [GA] Old Friends, New Enemies

Postby Kaedras Starfall » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:19 pm

Perception: 42% 1d100 = 35

JIC: 1d20 = 1
1d100 = 44

Before Departure
After the meeting with Thraxus, Kaedras is surprised to see another teammate aboard the Dime Store Magic - one whom Starchief addresses as 'McKenna' and whom Juan invites to the bar. She is well-known to them, it seems.

As they proceed to the bar, Kaedras offers a proper introduction. "Lady McKenna, I am Kaedras of House Idralion. I am pleased to make your acquaintance." He offers the faintest of smiles, nearly imperceptible to one who does not know the ways of certain star elves.

"I met with the team on Seeron, and they were gracious enough to allow me to join their mission."

Following the evening's bacchanal, Kaedras witnesses Juan's faux pas with Roxie and Trixie with undisguised mirth - he is well and truly intoxicated, and controlling his facial expressions at present is quite beyond him.

Juan wrote:"Urqos Trixie?


"She's not..."

Juan wrote:"I didn't realize that you knew her as well, Urqos Kaedras. She has this way of serving soup with her tongue, did she do that with you too?


"She isn't... she didn't..."

Juan wrote:On the planet Yaya that makes us Sk'mot brothers, a special relationship in which we can share anything. (Because in a way we already have.) This is great. I feel connected to everyone you've made soup with. And through me, you can share a special relationship with Urqos Waldo and the Skraypers she knows. And I guess even Urqos Sorrenson's amulet, since it enjoyed my dipping sauce."


"But I..."

Roxie wrote:”Hey, hands off! I’m Roxie, not Trixie!”

Trixie wrote:”I’M TRIXIE, ASSHOLE!”


Kaedras chuckles, shaking his head dizzily. He turns to Aiofe. "I expect I will see a great deal more of that in times to come? Shall I not?" Kaedras enters the DSM, leaving for the moment any talk of having shared anything of a personal nature with the Wandering God, as both the metaphysical and infectious implications of such a thing are quite beyond the star elf in his inebriated state.



After Departure

Kaedras immerses himself in the history of the diadem, and of the similar one mentioned - worn by the former team member named Quan. He goes down the rabbit hole, spending most of his time reading the memory files on the Galactic Adventurers courtesy of Datephus (and familiarizing himself with Datephus in the process).

When he comes up for air, it is to eat, sleep, or relieve himself, or to take a quick mental break by perambulating the ship corridors. In the mornings he begins each day with meditation and the performance of certain kata from Barralure, one of the elvish martial art forms prevalent on Alfheim, and the one he studied as a youth. It's gymnastic forms are hypnotic when performed at a slow pace, and dance-like when performed in combat. Consequently, the kata are effective cardiovascular exercise. Following dinner he unwinds with a glass of wine and some recordings of music in his chamber, with the door open in case anyone wishes to chat.

Though he spends the great majority of his time in transit reading Datephus' logs, he will cease this activity if asked to perform a task.
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 168/168
M.D.C.: 37/37

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35
Psionic Force Field: 70/70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: [GA] Old Friends, New Enemies

Postby Juan Echo » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:15 pm

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 85
JiC: 1d20 = 18/1d100 = 42

Skill Rolls
Medicinal Brewing (60%/65%) 1d100 = 36/1d100 = 8 - Make kettle whiskey
Cooking (65%) 1d100 = 65 - If distilling fails, take the mash and let it self-ferment like corn beer

The Sisters' Tale
High on the Chirpa Plateau:
"As you know, the Yayamama have a proclivity for twins. (And insects. No Jonny, that's just you.) "It requires a certain degree of tact to make sure that everyone involved leaves feeling gratified. And as you may also know, many within the Yayamama Pantheon don't have an ounce of tact in their massive forms. If anything can shatter the bonds that a twin share, it is boiling it out with a pair of us.

"In so many ways, Jonny is a hammer."
The urqos gathered around the Hostess' solarium all nod with an agreement, some fondly, others shuddering at the thought of their last bout of VD. "This is a lesson that the Doublespear Twins learned about 15 years ago when the Wanderer was running his own pleasure barge behind a comet. It was one of his better ideas, to be honest; super cool spacescapes, nigh unlimited ice for frozen drinks, extreme winter sports, and gambling on extreme winter sports. I would go up there regularly; the ragers were EPIC! And I got to know the girls.

"But alas, they broke the cardinal rule of the bar - never sleep with the bartender. Especially when Jonny is the bartender."
A few shout 'amen' and drain their glasses. "It never ends well. Especially when Jonny is the bartender." More shouts of 'amen' pepper the crowd. "So they did, and vigorously, and repeatedly, with many different dipping sauces, including a hot mint chutney that I still use from time to time myself. I never asked for the exact details, but the short is that Jonny was doing something with Urqos Trixie that Urqos Roxie was adamantly not into. And, as he is wont to do, Jonny confused the two and when Urqos Roxie found out what her sister and the Wanderer were off doing, it led to one fight, and another, and some reconciliation sex, and then another fight, and some hate sex, and one more fight, which ended with that really awkward breakup sex. And the Doublespear Twins parted ways, split the club scene in half. It was a whole Paris-Nicole-type affair."

Some of the urqos in attendance nod in agreement, although they have no idea what the Hostess is referencing.

"This is why we never swing together. It just gets messy on every possible level. I do not need to be involved in his drama. Of course, years later the twins made up; they forgave each other and put all the blame on Jonny. He is oblivious to all of this. I can imagine Juan will meet them again, and of course, he'll get their names wrong again." The Hostess lets out a soft chuckle.

"Excuse me, Mistress," a slender Wolfen asks refilling a tray of wine glasses, "but how do you know the Doublespear Twins reunited?"

Grabbing her handmaiden by the waist and raising her over the table, Goddess cheerfully shouts, "Rebound bitches! I may not want a part of Jonny's drama, but I will absolutely reap the benefits of his breakups."


The Distiller's Tale
Three days into the voyage, the Wanderer walks into the galley restless. In his arms he has a hodgepodge of metal parts that Sorrenson had left in the cargo hold. He puts them in a corner and then brings a pot of water to boil. "Urqos Icky, you had mentioned that you wanted to start producing alcohol on board the Space Whale. Since we don't have a proper still yet, let me show my twin sister Joan makes kettle hooch."

The deity makes a mixture of sugar, grains, diced apples, and a few other mashed fruits that he stirs in a thick slurry. He pours a third of the slurry and then waits for the pot to reach a boil again. "One or two centuries ago, I took Joni on one of my travels outside of the Yayamama System. We were playing tongo when Joni took a shine to two hustlers, the Doublespear Boys, Urqos Walker and Urqos Beam.* I remember them well, they broke the second rule of gambling, never put your heart on the table."

He pours the second part of the slurry into the pot. "Joni bluffed them into betting their pants on what would have been very strong hands. Rather than collecting her winnings at the table, Joni let them pony up in her private quarters at the casino." A wry grin runs across his face. "And I suppose they kept playing cards up, because they had to spend a week working of their debt.

"Eventually it was time to go back to Yaya, and they insisted on coming along with us. It was great trip, I got to know Urqos Walker, and we even started playing cards (among other games); he was a fellow traveler." He briefly gets wistful before returning back to the boiling pot. "I didn't get to know Urqos Beam all that well. He spent most of his time alone in his cabin.

"I did not learn about until we made it back home, but apparently Joni got bored with the Doublespear Twins. She said they only had one move between them. I believe it, Urqos Walker was pretty unimaginative. Urqos Beam did not handle the breakup well, and he spent over a month in his room alone. Never left, hardly ate, only drank water, grew his hair out, and started to wail these depressing melodramatic ballads. He cast a long shadow over our tower. Finally, his brother got him out by brewing a special batch of his family's sourdough whiskey. The smell of burnt hair wafted into his room, and he joined us to knock back several jugs of the stuff. I won't say exactly what happened next."
And the Wanderer stops his story for a full minute while he assembles a makeshift still from the pots and other pieces has brought.

"The next morning they were gone. Urqos Beam wrote down the recipe for us before he left, twenty pages, most of which were a sonnet cycle to the burning passion that Joni had left him. Poetry aside, the recipe isn't bad." He points to three jugs that are collecting the distilled liquor. "For the best results, we would want to age it for at least three weeks in wooden barrels. But the final product is pretty drinkable straight from the still."

Returning back to his story, "The lesson I learned making this whiskey is don't pick up any of Joni's leftovers. That's why we don't swing together. She has devastated a lot of lovers in her time. And after the Doublespear Boys, she typically did it in her distillery." He takes an empty plasma canister and pours some of the eau de vie in. "One urqos that she dumped couldn't wait for the whiskey to age fast enough, and found that he could speed up the process by storing it in a plasma canister for four hours. I warned him he would go blind, and he said his vision didn't matter if he couldn't see Joni again. Turned out nuanced and delicious." He looks at the cartridge and adds, "I still wouldn't recommend drinking the plasma juice."

*Though Juan and Joan do not realize it, Trixie and Roxie are great-great-great-granddaughters of Beam Doublespear. He didn't like to talk about his time with the Yayamama, he pined for Joan until his dying days.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 76/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] Old Friends, New Enemies

Postby Chef Icky » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:03 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 94/43%
JIC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 87

Upon returning to the DSM, Icky stows away all his shopping -- ammo and personal items in his cabin, while the groceries of course go into the pantry/fridge/freezer. Assuming his search for wine/liquor stills is successful, he'll look for a suitable space either in the galley (preferable) or in his cabin to set them up.

During the flight, he'll spend his days with the following:

- Preparing the daily meals in the galley, acting like a child with a new coloring book and a big box of crayons. Anyone who wants to assist is welcome, of course, provided he/she understands that while Starchief may be captain of the ship and leader of its crew, the galley is his domain. :wink:

- Assuming the still shopping search was successful, he'll experiment with them to create brews that are pleasing to the taste buds and are strong enough that they are more than willing to knock you on your ever-lovin' arse before you know what hit you. The most successful endeavors he'll share with the crew (at least those who aren't on bridge duty at the time) and will likely repeatedly hit up Juan -- and anyone who expresses even passing interest -- as 'test subjects' for his latest concoctions.

Brewing Rolls
Brewing: Basic -- 1d100 = 14/69% chance of success, -- 1d100 = 57/74% quality of drink (professional quality)
Chemistry: Pharmaceutical -- 1d100 = 36/74%
Cook -- 1d100 = 91/79% (professional quality)


- Keeping his combat senses sharp by sparring with anyone interested. He'll make every effort to pull his punches unless he's sure his opponent can take a full-strength punch without getting hurt too bad.

- Researching known rituals/services/etc. pertaining to Dionysus worship and even going so far as to setting up a small shrine to 'Big D' in his cabin and offering up daily prayers. Never really did this sort of thing before, he thinks to himself, but seems the thing to do when you're a priest. If any of his brewing projects turn out well, he'll set aside a bottle for leaving at the temple later.

Researching Skill Checks
Lore: Demons & Monsters -- 1d100 = 99/44% (closest he's got to the mythology skill)
Lore: Galactic/Alien -- 1d100 = 22/30%
Computer Operation -- 1d100 = 42/89%


- Cleaning and maintaining his weapons. The ranged weapons are all disassembled, cleaned, oiled, and reassembled with practiced efficiency as befits a Warlock Marine. Darkwing and Giran's sword are cleaned down into all the various nooks and crannies before getting a nice coat of oil. When he gets to "Nibbles," the demon skull axe he acquired during the demonic invasion of Center, he pauses. Didn't question it much at the time, he muses, but now that I got time... He takes it around to everyone asking if they recognize the glowing red letters and can translate. If they can't he'll also search the Tri-Galactic HoloNet to see what if anything he can find regarding it.

Researching Skill Checks
Field Armorer & Munitions Expert -- 1d100 = 27/74%
Recognize Weapon Quality -- 1d100 = 48/55%
Lore: Demons & Monsters -- 1d100 = 27/44%
Lore: Galactic/Alien -- 1d100 = 61/30%
Computer Operation -- 1d100 = 82/89%


- Speaking of gear, at some point he'll track down Metri. "Oi, Boog, ya gotta moment? I could use da backup." He'll go to his corrupted armor down in the cargo bay. "Wish me luck, eh chum?" he gives Metri (or anyone else nearby) a grin and a nod before stepping into it. Once he's fully suited up he'll take a deep breath. Here goes nothing.

"Alright, time we 'ad one o' dem 'eart-ta-'eart kinda chats..." he says. "First o' all, I'm sorry I took da cash out when I left da corps. It seemed like a good idea at da time. I didn't appreciate ya like I shoulda. I left ya out in da cold an' dat was wrong o' me ta do so. If I could go back an' do it all over again I wouldn'ta done it. Also, I dunno what dose Deevils did ta ya but whatever it was I'm glad it was a bit o' a bodge job 'cos otherwise we'd both be lost causes. I was wrong ta leave ya at da three-dub embassy an' I'm sorry fer dat too. I wanted ta help ya an' maybe help da others dat mighta been corrupted, but all I did was get a lotta people killed dat didn't do nothin' but be in da wrong place at da wrong time. But all dat's water down da drain an' we're 'ere tagether now. I don't wanna be runnin' out on ya no more. Yer me armor fer better or worse an' all dat."

"But we gotta come ta an understandin' 'ere. I dunno if dey jus' twisted 'round whatever spirits were always hauntin' ya, or if dere's someone new in dere, but we ain't servin' Deevils no more. I stand wit' me chums, an' we fight da good fight, an' I bend da knee ta 'Big D.' Yer gonna haveta follow me lead an' do what I say or else I'm gonna haveta get every mage I know to exorcise yer arse all day way back ta Oblivion. Let's not make me do dat, aright?"

He pauses a moment. "An' one more thing. I know ya can talk, or somethin' close ta it, 'cos I've 'eard ya before. So ya got anythin' ta say, now's yer chance."
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] Old Friends, New Enemies

Postby Metri » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:50 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 41 | 39%
JIC: 1d20 = 16| 1d100 = 29%
-----------------------------------
Metri will support the rest of the crew as needed, helping however he can with operation of the ship or running small errands. However, whatever 'free' time the Yhabbayar has will be devoted to reconnecting with art as a means of destressing and working through his many conflicting feelings of loss.

Despite having brought additional tonnage onto the ship, he will stow the raw materials for sculpting securely in one of the cans he purchased and will run the anti-gravity if necessary so as not to put an undue drag on DSM's performance (though this may not be necessary as it can easily manage the tonnage). The remainder of his art supplies will occupy a tiny corner of one of the other cans.

"For more efficient storage," Metri will explain at some point, articulating how two are temperature controlled, and two refrigerator/freezers. He will also insist that they are for communal use as the team sees fit. However, due to the presence of large stones in one of the temperature-controlled cans, it seems unlikely other material will be safely ensconsced in that particular container.

((Art (professional). 1d100 = 67 | 90%))

When settling down to create, Metri will break off a person-sized piece of stone to bring to his room. Placing the raw piece on the floor, Metri will settle into his bubble-blowing meditation, floating somewhat and able to 'see' the nature of the stone with his psychic omni-sight. Using telekinesis, multiple chisels and hammers are able to be brought to bear upon the stone simultaneously. And the Yhabbayar will carefully work away the excess material, ultimately revealing an essence of what was within the rock. Once satisfied with the shaped sculpture, Metri will exit his meditation and begin the polishing process by hand.

Chef Icky wrote:- Speaking of gear, at some point he'll track down Metri. "Oi, Boog, ya gotta moment? I could use da backup." He'll go to his corrupted armor down in the cargo bay. "Wish me luck, eh chum?" he gives Metri (or anyone else nearby) a grin and a nod before stepping into it. Once he's fully suited up he'll take a deep breath. Here goes nothing.

Metri flashes Icky a broad smile and nod. He'll grab his Millenium staves in case an exorcism is required. The Yhabbayar will also give Icky a tridactyl thumb's up immediately prior to the minotaur suiting up. And as promised, he will keep a keen eye out for anything out of the ordinary or that requires his intervention.
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] Old Friends, New Enemies

Postby Dark Lord » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:26 am

The trip out from Phase World is uneventful. With the ship looking as good as new, most of you retire to studies, or practice, or whatever other solitary pursuits you fancy. Kar settles in on board the ship, and spends a lot of time practicing or meditating in his quarters. Kaedras immerses himself in studying the crew logs- there are written accounts that provide a good overview of the team’s history. What’s more curious is what Datephus has to offer- perusing the accounts, Kaedras discovers that Datephus is the fusion of two former crew members, transformed into some sort of mystic AI by the random power of the ship’s mystic generator. Accessing his memories is more akin to a telepathic link than reading a log- the ship itself is alive in a way that defies convention. As prior crewmembers (in particular, Sir Zem) linked with the ship, they shared their own memories with Datephus, providing first-hand accounts of prior missions. These include Captain Tran’s discovery of an ancient, techno-wizard fire artifact, and its rather graphic link with the uteni’s body after he opened his mind to it. The water relic is mentioned, albeit briefly, as the culmination of a mission below Center right before the outbreak of the minion war. Juan spends his time doing what he does best- wandering the ship, hanging out in the galley telling tales from his life, and making a little moonshine. Metri practices making some art.

Icky splits his time between the cooking duties for the team (and enjoying the crap out of his new galley), assisting Juan with some moonshine-making, cleaning his weapons, and conducting a little research into his new responsibilities. Icky is the first to admit he never paid all that much attention to religion, for the most part, but is able to retrieve some descriptions of all the standard Dionysian rituals through some basic internet searches. The fact that they’re little more than dressed-up, drunken dance parties (according to the internet, anyway…) helps. Icky also decides to dig into his demon skull axe, but doesn’t find much- there are plenty of descriptions of demonic detritus left in the wake of the minion war. Nothing really seems to match Icky’s find- then again, considering that all the famous demon-weapons tend to be the worst, maybe it’s all for the best. Ultimately, the moonshine making goes well enough. You need to decide how long you’ll let it sit, and who will conduct the first taste-testing.

At one point, Metri in tow, Icky heads down to the cargo bay to have a little heart-to-heart with his corrupted armor. The minotaur apologizes, for just about everything. Then he offers the armor a chance to say whatever it has to say. Then he waits expectantly. Then nothing happens. Or at least, nothing that Metri can see or sense. Icky himself has a momentary vision- his warlock armor, back before the deevils corrupted it, battling the corrupted version of armor on some featureless plane. No more than a few seconds later Icky is back- the armor as inert as it ever was. The good news is, as visions go this one seems straightforward- two sides of Icky’s armor battling for control. The original armor, his armor, hasn’t been lost. Whether Icky can do anything to keep it that way is another matter. Since his last bond with the armor didn’t exactly work out all that well, perhaps an unorthodox solution may be required. It’s a shame the deevil that sent you here evaporated or whatever- maybe it could have helped.

About three hours outside of Axis (~20 light-years), Datephus reports receiving an automated signal on the superluminal communications. It is a warning from the Kreeghor in Trade 5. ”ATTENTION ALL INCOMING SHIPS! BY ORDER OF THE EMPEROR, THE AXIS SYSTEM IS BEING BLOCKADED. ALL SHIPS ENTERING THE SYSTEM ARE SUBJECT TO BOARDING AND INSPECTION, OR WILL BE DESTROYED.” The message then repeats in each of the other trade languages.

Your sensors detect no patrols, but if they aren’t using their FTL drives they wouldn’t be visible anyway. You need to decide how you intend to approach the system, and what you will do to try and avoid any Kreeghor patrols. Kaedras knows from his research that Quan Tran and the FWC are capable of destroying any Kreeghor ship that pursues you into the system, so it’s purely a matter of getting over the line and sending a transmission to Battlefield.

What are you doing?
Why kill a PC when you can torture their player?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 597
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] Old Friends, New Enemies

Postby Juan Echo » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:41 am

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 2
JiC: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 64

Skill Rolls
Navigation: Space (65%) 1d100 = 81 (FAIL) - Calculate a route through the Axis System that avoids any space stations, satellites, and known patrol routes, and also puts them out of FTL as close to Axis-5 as possible
Pilot: Starship (67%) 1d100 = 10/1d100 = 8 (SUCCESS) - Fly avoiding any detection

Over the course of three weeks Juan has developed a routine for how he starts his shift on the bridge. He goes to the galley, picks up an empty jug, and fills it up half way with coffee. He walks into the bridge and says, "Good morning Space Whale!" He then greets who ever else is on piloting duty, and settles in for a few hours of the status quo - travelling at faster than light speeds towards the Axis System. To pass the time, he usually recalculates the Dime Store Magic's route, making sure that they are on course. He also checks the sensor arrays for any signs of a space whale. I don't think you'll see one on this voyage, Jonny.

When they near the Axis System, Juan picks up a radio signal in Trade 5:
Kreeghor signal wrote:"ATTENTION ALL INCOMING SHIPS! BY ORDER OF THE EMPEROR, THE AXIS SYSTEM IS BEING BLOCKADED. ALL SHIPS ENTERING THE SYSTEM ARE SUBJECT TO BOARDING AND INSPECTION, OR WILL BE DESTROYED."

Before the message is finished, Juan is on the ship's speaker, "Everyone, we have an incoming message that you may want to hear." He then puts the message, in the other Trade languages on the ship's speakers for everyone else to hear. Once the message has been heard in at least Trades 1 and 4, he continues, "We should plan our approach to the Battlefield Planet carefully."

Using the available sensor data, and the help of anyone else on the bridge, Juan to calculate the best routes available to Axis-5. Ideally they will be able to avoid detection from the Kreeghor just long enough to make contact with their allies. "The way I see it we have options: 1) we jump out of FTL as we're entering the Axis System and then weave around any patrols or sensors out there; we would need to keep a close eye on our own sensors, but slow and stealthy wins the race; 2) we pull out of FTL as close to Axis-5 as possible and gun it for the Free Worlds' base, the classic pope maneuver. I have made some rough calculations for how to fly both options." He will take a long swig from his jug of coffee and shake his head. You drank too much again last night. At least I didn't drink the plasma juice. Save that for a rainy day, Jonny. "Someone might want to check my math. It might be a bit fuzzy after what I drank last night."

Once the Adventurers have decided on their course, Juan will hop in the pilot's seat and fly for Axis-5.
Last edited by Juan Echo on Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 76/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] Old Friends, New Enemies

Postby Mara » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:34 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 87 / 65% (95% when dealing with vampires or undead)
JiC: 1d20 = 9 1d100 = 74

Conditions:

On the flight, Mara mostly works out and refines her combat forms. She will spar with both Kar and Icky and will bring up an invincible armor, so they can go full bore at her. She enjoys the physicality of it and pushes both of them to work harder. I miss the travel and the time to meditate and work out. Her thoughts drift to the next job, Seems we are heading to place even more dangerous that Seeron. Heard a lot about it though. The Free Worlds great battle against the Transgalactic Empire She will spend some time researching the Free World Council and in particular everything she can find that talks about Axis IV.

Research-- 1d100 = 50 / 82%
Lore: Galactic Alien-- 1d100 = 42 / 72%
Computer Operation-- 1d100 = 41 / 72%
Mythology-- 1d100 = 4 / 42%
Anthropology 1d100 = 65 / 47%

She just nods to Aoife, she understands the work they do and that individuals will drift in and out. Its a tough job and people need breaks every once in a while.

Mara listens to the translation of the message. "Is it twisted that I always wanted to come here? Can't help you with the flying. I have always used space travel as a transportation method to the next fight." I may need to change that and learn how to fly a fighter or something, maybe.
Mara Archerean

PPE: 288 / 288
ISP: 85 / 85
MDC: 381/381
H.F.: 14
Heart in Chains Tattoo: 0/450 MDC(inactive)

Constant: Sixth Sense

Soundtrack:
''Zombie'' by Damned Anthem
Evanescence - Bring Me To Life (Ghost in the Machine Remix)
Adele vs. Linkin Park - Set Fire To The End
Tomorrow We Fight
User avatar
Mara
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:25 pm

Re: [GA] Old Friends, New Enemies

Postby Metri » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:26 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 7 | 39%
JIC: 1d20 = 3| 1d100 = 44%
-----------------------------------
Juan's ship-wide announcement captures Metri's attention. There is a blockade? I don't believe we are running any contraband. But that might not matter when it comes to the inspection. If they are preventing regular space traffic, they may find any incidental reason to capture, impound, or detain. Aye. Doesn't sound worth the risk. Sneak around 'em. Skorl replies in the Yhabbayar's mind. Then again, if we fail to sneak through the blockade, suspicions will be raised simply because we were not upfront.

Metri pads his way to the bridge, adding his opinion to the discussion. "Agree I do with avoiding blockade patrols. Best case, slip through the blockade unnoticed. If spotted we are, prepared we should be. Able to disable communications until we are clear, hmm? Pretend the warning message we did not hear. Blame faulty machinery if captured."

Though only really a hobbyist when it comes to navigation, Metri will help if able. And can definitely lend his Yhabbayar mind for any requisite calculations.

Astronomy & Navigation. 1d100 = 3 | 65% <== Second set of eyes on nav path.
Mathematcis: Advanced). 1d100 = 92 | 110% <== Double-check Juan's calculations.
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] Old Friends, New Enemies

Postby Kaedras Starfall » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:23 pm

Perception: 42% 1d100 = 71

JIC: 1d20 = 13
1d100 = 33

Kaedras spends large portions of each day in transit immersed in the DSM mission logs, and communing with Datephus.

First, he sees that a former member of the Galactic Adventurers somehow disappeared while on board, during a Rift Storm - but his ghost was seen within the Mystic Engine by another member..

Wait - Astophenes is now part of the ship? How did THAT happen? Wait - the Ley Line storm somehow merged his consciousness with the Ship. Datephus... is that YOU? Are you Astophenes?

Then, he sees that another member, a Machine Person named Deadalus, was struck by an EMP, which discorporated him into his component nanites, which merged with the nonmagical portions of the engine.

Are you in there too, Daedalus?

After seeing confirmation of the fact that the AI Datephus is actually the combined vestiges of Astophenes and Deadalus, Kaedras' mind reels.

Datephus is... the senior member... members... of the crew of the Dime Store Magic, and of the Galactic Adventurers. He is our link to the beginning.

Speaking aloud, Kaedras says, "Hello Datephus. I have just read your creation. I did not realize until now that you were two of the earliest members of the Galactic Adventurers. I am pleased to make your acquaintance. As you know, I am Kaedras Idralion. Please let me know if I may be of any service to you."

As the star elf reads on, he reads the tale of how Quan Tran bonded with the Fire Artifact, by opening his mind to it, and of it's subsequent abilities that Captain Tran discovered. He sees that bonding with the Fire Artifact rendered Capt. Tran a target for Kreeghor enemies.

So the Water artifact will make me a target as well. This is a burden, but not one I am unwilling to face. How these artifacts function as keys remains to be seen, but their importance is obvious. They must be protected.

He reads, then, of the trip to Axis IV - "Battlefield", and how Capt. Tran used the Fire Artifact in a strange limbo-dimension viewing portal to wipe out large numbers of invaders, demonstrating the Fire Artifact's "key" function.

A portal, with four locks - four keys. Fire and water are but two. The others, Earth and Air I presume, yet to be found.

He then reads on, reading about Oradro's mission from the strange second-stage Promethean known as "The Singing One" to descend to the 21st level of Center - a place not on any maps - to retrieve the Water Artifact.

Kaedras stops reading, pulling the Water diadem from it's resting place in his utility harness pouch.

"So, Water Artifact. I am to be your host and protector, it seems. By these logs, it does not appear that Captain Tran did anything specific to bond with you, aside from 'opening his mind'. Let me see if I, too, can do the same."

Kaedras places the diadem upon his brow, and opens himself psychically to the artifact, disengaging his Mind Block ability.




After this, Kaedras spends the remaining time finishing the logs - he has gained the knowledge he sought of the Fire Artifact and the Water Artifact, as well as Captain Tran's symbiosis with the Fire Artifact, but feels a need for completion. He will read as much of the logs as is possible before...




Kreeghor Warning wrote:”ATTENTION ALL INCOMING SHIPS! BY ORDER OF THE EMPEROR, THE AXIS SYSTEM IS BEING BLOCKADED. ALL SHIPS ENTERING THE SYSTEM ARE SUBJECT TO BOARDING AND INSPECTION, OR WILL BE DESTROYED.”


Kaedras approaches the bridge.

He says, idly, "The last time we were here - by we I mean the Galactic Adventurers - The free World Council fleet acted as a diversion, allowing the Dime Store Magic to approach the planet at sublight speeds, using our ships' stealth technology. If this is an automated message it may be that they haven't actually detected us. I would recommend a sublight course around one of the outer planets, a change of direction as we pass to throw them off, and then approach the planet to the distance required to message Captain Tran."

He looks at the crew on the bridge. "Not... that you wouldn't have done that anyway." His face flushes almost imperceptibly. "I have been... reading the logs."
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 168/168
M.D.C.: 37/37

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35
Psionic Force Field: 70/70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: [GA] Old Friends, New Enemies

Postby Kar Fallax » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:06 am

Perception: 1d100 = 84 vs 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 5 and 1d100 = 45

Dark Lord wrote:About three hours outside of Axis (~20 light-years), Datephus reports receiving an automated signal on the superluminal communications. It is a warning from the Kreeghor in Trade 5. ”ATTENTION ALL INCOMING SHIPS! BY ORDER OF THE EMPEROR, THE AXIS SYSTEM IS BEING BLOCKADED. ALL SHIPS ENTERING THE SYSTEM ARE SUBJECT TO BOARDING AND INSPECTION, OR WILL BE DESTROYED.” The message then repeats in each of the other trade languages.


Kar hears the transmission and even before Johnny translates he is aware of what it says, Kreeghor space. The simian lets out a slow sigh. So close to home. Yet so far away. Kar makes his way to the bridge to see if the team has started to discuss options yet. upon arrival he sees his ship mates start to arrive and discuss the situation. He listens closely as they make suggestions.

Juan Echo wrote:Using the available sensor data, and the help of anyone else on the bridge, Juan to calculate the best routes available to Axis-5. Ideally they will be able to avoid detection from the Kreeghor just long enough to make contact with their allies. "The way I see it we have options: 1) we jump out of FTL as we're entering the Axis System and then weave around any patrols or sensors out there; we would need to keep a close eye on our own sensors, but slow and stealthy wins the race; 2) we pull out of FTL as close to Axis-5 as possible and gun it for the Free Worlds' base, the classic pope maneuver. I have made some rough calculations for how to fly both options." He will take a long swig from his jug of coffee and shake his head. You drank too much again last night. At least I didn't drink the plasma juice. Save that for a rainy day, Jonny. "Someone might want to check my math. It might be a bit fuzzy after what I drank last night."


Avoiding the Kreeghor may not be an option. What does he expect us to do if they notice us? A battle may be ill advised. he thinks to himself as the godling sips on coffee.

Kaedras Starfall wrote:He says, idly, "The last time we were here - by we I mean the Galactic Adventurers - The free World Council fleet acted as a diversion, allowing the Dime Store Magic to approach the planet at sublight speeds, using our ships' stealth technology. If this is an automated message it may be that they haven't actually detected us. I would recommend a sublight course around one of the outer planets, a change of direction as we pass to throw them off, and then approach the planet to the distance required to message Captain Tran."

He looks at the crew on the bridge. "Not... that you wouldn't have done that anyway." His face flushes almost imperceptibly. "I have been... reading the logs."


Then as Kaedras offers his suggestion he thinks, Automated messages come from beacons which can have automated detection. They may very well know we are here already. Before the simian is able to reply Metri offers another suggestion.

Metri wrote:Metri pads his way to the bridge, adding his opinion to the discussion. "Agree I do with avoiding blockade patrols. Best case, slip through the blockade unnoticed. If spotted we are, prepared we should be. Able to disable communications until we are clear, hmm? Pretend the warning message we did not hear. Blame faulty machinery if captured.".


The simian listens shaking his head in agreement then speaks, "Sometimes, it is easier to avoid detection by acting like you belong. I imagine if we set off an automated signal they already know we are here. They may be watching our movements now. Slinking through or trying to evade detection may cause suspicion. " The simian scrunches his nose a time a two while mulling over exactly how to approach his suggestion.

"I have an affinity for space. I may have an alternate suggestion, if you are willing to trust me." Kar pauses, "It may have a level of risk." Kar looks around the bridge trying to judge the faces of those around him, Would they trust the me? So new? After I tell them? He continues, "Fly straight and true, like we belong here. Make not attempt to hide the ship or stealthy actions. If a Kreeghor ship comes, let me handle the communications."

The simian stops again looking around, No doubt they are wondering. No reason to wait for the question. It is coming. Again he continues, "I spent some time in the Kreeghor military. I know of command codes used by transportation ships. The risk though, they may have changed. They were not changed while I was there but they could have changed. It has it's risks no doubt. If you decide to go the stealthy route, I can look over the navigation calculations as well." Will they even accept that help now, the cat is out of the bag. How will they look at me now.

Kar will then walk over to the navigation computer to see where they are. He will work on a direct route to the groups destination and a stealthy route to avoid detection using and stellar bodies he can. While working he thinks to himself, If I knew of a gravity well close to Axis V it would be much simpler. But we may need a quick exit. He asks the crew, "Can we run sensors scans for Gravity Wells while we travel and chart them? It may come in handy in the future."

skills
Navigation: Space 72% vs 1d100 = 85 - Calculate a direct route to Axis V
Navigation: Space 72% vs 1d100 = 11 - Calculate a stealthy approach to Axis V
User avatar
Kar Fallax
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon May 18, 2020 7:02 am

Re: [GA] Old Friends, New Enemies

Postby Aoife » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:49 pm

Perception (44%) 1d100 = 55
JiC: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 91

Aoife spends most of the three weeks in transit familiarizing herself with the ship, doing exercise, and working on getting to know the rest of the crew.

Juan Echo wrote:Before the message is finished, Juan is on the ship's speaker, "Everyone, we have an incoming message that you may want to hear." He then puts the message, in the other Trade languages on the ship's speakers for everyone else to hear. Once the message has been heard in at least Trades 1 and 4, he continues, "We should plan our approach to the Battlefield Planet carefully."

Using the available sensor data, and the help of anyone else on the bridge, Juan to calculate the best routes available to Axis-5. Ideally they will be able to avoid detection from the Kreeghor just long enough to make contact with their allies. "The way I see it we have options: 1) we jump out of FTL as we're entering the Axis System and then weave around any patrols or sensors out there; we would need to keep a close eye on our own sensors, but slow and stealthy wins the race; 2) we pull out of FTL as close to Axis-5 as possible and gun it for the Free Worlds' base, the classic pope maneuver. I have made some rough calculations for how to fly both options." He will take a long swig from his jug of coffee and shake his head. You drank too much again last night. At least I didn't drink the plasma juice. Save that for a rainy day, Jonny. "Someone might want to check my math. It might be a bit fuzzy after what I drank last night."


Well, pretty sure this thing isn't a stealth ship, so I don't think sneaking in is going to be very successful. "I can help with the navigation, and unless we have a decent amount of stealth on this thing, I'd say dropping out of FTL as close as we can to Axis-5 and making the best speed we can towards the planet would be our best bet." Aoife has a smile on her face, as if what is going on is fun in her mind.

Navigation: Space (75%) 1d100 = 11

Kar Fallax wrote:The simian stops again looking around, No doubt they are wondering. No reason to wait for the question. It is coming. Again he continues, "I spent some time in the Kreeghor military. I know of command codes used by transportation ships. The risk though, they may have changed. They were not changed while I was there but they could have changed. It has it's risks no doubt. If you decide to go the stealthy route, I can look over the navigation calculations as well." Will they even accept that help now, the cat is out of the bag. How will they look at me now.


Well isn't that interesting. Line troops wouldn't like have that kind of knowledge. I wonder... "So...I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess Guardsman? Not that I will hold that against you, you did leave the Kreeghor military, right? Aoife gives Kar a good long look with the last part.
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

Aoife

M.D.C.
Armor: [76/100
Body: 424/424
User avatar
Aoife
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:38 pm

Re: [GA] Old Friends, New Enemies

Postby Chef Icky » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:23 am

Perception: 1d100 = 23/43%
JIC: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 35

Dark Lord wrote:At one point, Metri in tow, Icky heads down to the cargo bay to have a little heart-to-heart with his corrupted armor. The minotaur apologizes, for just about everything. Then he offers the armor a chance to say whatever it has to say. Then he waits expectantly. Then nothing happens. Or at least, nothing that Metri can see or sense. Icky himself has a momentary vision- his warlock armor, back before the deevils corrupted it, battling the corrupted version of armor on some featureless plane. No more than a few seconds later Icky is back- the armor as inert as it ever was. The good news is, as visions go this one seems straightforward- two sides of Icky’s armor battling for control. The original armor, his armor, hasn’t been lost. Whether Icky can do anything to keep it that way is another matter. Since his last bond with the armor didn’t exactly work out all that well, perhaps an unorthodox solution may be required. It’s a shame the deevil that sent you here evaporated or whatever- maybe it could have helped.


"Well... not da best news, Boog, but could definitely be worse..." Icky muses as he extracts himself from the armor. "Ol'..." he pauses. Never thought about it before, but 'my armor' seems a bit impersonal. Especially considering it's borderline sentient. But what to call it? I know... "Ol' 'Sarge' 'ere's kinda like me in dat 'e's not fully corrupted. At least, not yet anyway. Dunno if it was rushed or just half-arsed, but it was a botched job regardless. Right now it's a wrasslin' match 'tween 'Good Sarge' an' 'Evil Sarge' -- only question is, 'ow da we tip da balance an' keep 'Good Sarge' from goin' all da way over ta da Dark Side?" He rubs his chin and looks at Metri. "Any ideas 'long dat line?"

----------------------------------------

Dark Lord wrote:About three hours outside of Axis (~20 light-years), Datephus reports receiving an automated signal on the superluminal communications. It is a warning from the Kreeghor in Trade 5. ”ATTENTION ALL INCOMING SHIPS! BY ORDER OF THE EMPEROR, THE AXIS SYSTEM IS BEING BLOCKADED. ALL SHIPS ENTERING THE SYSTEM ARE SUBJECT TO BOARDING AND INSPECTION, OR WILL BE DESTROYED.” The message then repeats in each of the other trade languages.

Your sensors detect no patrols, but if they aren’t using their FTL drives they wouldn’t be visible anyway. You need to decide how you intend to approach the system, and what you will do to try and avoid any Kreeghor patrols. Kaedras knows from his research that Quan Tran and the FWC are capable of destroying any Kreeghor ship that pursues you into the system, so it’s purely a matter of getting over the line and sending a transmission to Battlefield.


Mara wrote:"Is it twisted that I always wanted to come here? Can't help you with the flying. I have always used space travel as a transportation method to the next fight."


Icky nods. "Maybe a lil' bit, sure. But if yer lookin' fer action an' wanna make a name fer yerself, well, I can't reckon many places better dan 'ere."

Juan Echo wrote:Using the available sensor data, and the help of anyone else on the bridge, Juan to calculate the best routes available to Axis-5. Ideally they will be able to avoid detection from the Kreeghor just long enough to make contact with their allies. "The way I see it we have options: 1) we jump out of FTL as we're entering the Axis System and then weave around any patrols or sensors out there; we would need to keep a close eye on our own sensors, but slow and stealthy wins the race; 2) we pull out of FTL as close to Axis-5 as possible and gun it for the Free Worlds' base, the classic pope maneuver. I have made some rough calculations for how to fly both options. Someone might want to check my math. It might be a bit fuzzy after what I drank last night."


Kaedras Starfall wrote:He says, idly, "The last time we were here - by we I mean the Galactic Adventurers - The free World Council fleet acted as a diversion, allowing the Dime Store Magic to approach the planet at sublight speeds, using our ships' stealth technology. If this is an automated message it may be that they haven't actually detected us. I would recommend a sublight course around one of the outer planets, a change of direction as we pass to throw them off, and then approach the planet to the distance required to message Captain Tran."

He looks at the crew on the bridge. "Not... that you wouldn't have done that anyway." His face flushes almost imperceptibly. "I have been... reading the logs."


Kar Fallax wrote:The simian listens shaking his head in agreement then speaks, "Sometimes, it is easier to avoid detection by acting like you belong. I imagine if we set off an automated signal they already know we are here. They may be watching our movements now. Slinking through or trying to evade detection may cause suspicion. " The simian scrunches his nose a time a two while mulling over exactly how to approach his suggestion.

"I have an affinity for space. I may have an alternate suggestion, if you are willing to trust me." Kar pauses, "It may have a level of risk." Kar looks around the bridge trying to judge the faces of those around him, Would they trust the me? So new? After I tell them? He continues, "Fly straight and true, like we belong here. Make not attempt to hide the ship or stealthy actions. If a Kreeghor ship comes, let me handle the communications."

The simian stops again looking around, No doubt they are wondering. No reason to wait for the question. It is coming. Again he continues, "I spent some time in the Kreeghor military. I know of command codes used by transportation ships. The risk though, they may have changed. They were not changed while I was there but they could have changed. It has it's risks no doubt. If you decide to go the stealthy route, I can look over the navigation calculations as well." Will they even accept that help now, the cat is out of the bag. How will they look at me now.

Kar will then walk over to the navigation computer to see where they are. He will work on a direct route to the groups destination and a stealthy route to avoid detection using and stellar bodies he can. While working he thinks to himself, If I knew of a gravity well close to Axis V it would be much simpler. But we may need a quick exit. He asks the crew, "Can we run sensors scans for Gravity Wells while we travel and chart them? It may come in handy in the future."


Aoife wrote:"So...I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess Guardsman? Not that I will hold that against you, you did leave the Kreeghor military, right? Aoife gives Kar a good long look with the last part.


Icky gives Kar a raised eyebrow. "Jus' fer da record, CC... when Meatball asked ya 'bout yerself, dat would'a been a prime time time ta mention yer Imperial resume. On da other hoof, inside knowledge o' Kreeghor tactics would come in gorram handy right 'bout now."

"Jus' a couple points o' general interest..." He takes a step forward. "One, dis is an Arcane breacher shuttle dat da Warlock Marines use ta sneak up 'longside other ships during a scrap. I was flight-rated on dese crates durin' da Hades Twelve. It's made more fer stealth dan fer stand-up fights. Two, we got dat stealth coatin' da Sploogs added dat makes us super-hard ta ping. It ain't a flashy plan like jumpin' in right on that planet's frakkin' doorstep, but fer me two creds' worth we'd do a lot better tryin' ta sneak our way in an' usin' CC 'ere in case we do get busted." He gives a nod in Kar's general direction.

He'll grumble (a lot) if the 'jump right in' plan is chosen, but in the end he'll just shrug and say "I gotta bad feelin' 'bout dis... but whatevs." Either way, he'll slide into one of the piloting consoles next to Juan. "Not dat I don't trust yer fuzzy noggin, Chuckles... but I ain't lettin' nobody take a Warlock Marines shuttle inta da hot zone without dis ex-Marine at one o' da sticks." He flashes the god a grin. "Sides... since we're gonna need all da help we can get from 'on high,' who better ta 'ave at da controls dan a god an' a priest?"

He looks around at the others with a smirk. "Oi, if anyone's made sure Chuckles' numbers are solid, make wit' da course headin' -- Mar's gotta date wit' a planet."

Icky at the Stick
Pilot Small Spacecraft -- 1d100 = 16/95%
Sensory Equipment -- 1d100 = 31/89%
Weapon Systems -- 1d100 = 46/109% (just in case)
Radio: Basic -- 1d100 = 68/99% (to monitor channels)
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] Old Friends, New Enemies

Postby Kar Fallax » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:36 am

Kar Fallax wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 84 vs 24%
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 5 and Original post: 1d100 = 45


Aoife wrote:Well isn't that interesting. Line troops wouldn't like have that kind of knowledge. I wonder... "So...I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess Guardsman? Not that I will hold that against you, you did leave the Kreeghor military, right? Aoife gives Kar a good long look with the last part.


At the mention of the guardsman Kar's nose mouth and nose scrunch a bit, he lets a deep breath out through his nostrils and is about to speak when Icky interjects.

Chef Icky wrote:Icky gives Kar a raised eyebrow. "Jus' fer da record, CC... when Meatball asked ya 'bout yerself, dat would'a been a prime time time ta mention yer Imperial resume. On da other hoof, inside knowledge o' Kreeghor tactics would come in gorram handy right 'bout now."


He turns to Icky, "The appropriate time is decided by need, is it not. Knowing I was a guardsman," he pauses briefly looking to Aoife then back to Icky. "Yes a guardsman, would have provided no benefit to the team then. Now it does." He finishes with a gruff breath again through his nostrils. Looking around at the team he finishes, "Meatball asked about me, my previous employment does not define, ME." He turns back to Chef Icky, "Do you define yourself by your previous employ?"

Kar stand silently, Better to address this earlier than later. Now to see how they react with their recent engagements.
User avatar
Kar Fallax
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon May 18, 2020 7:02 am

Re: [GA] Old Friends, New Enemies

Postby Kaedras Starfall » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:22 am

(Rolls carried over)

Icky wrote:"Jus' a couple points o' general interest... One, dis is an Arcane breacher shuttle dat da Warlock Marines use ta sneak up 'longside other ships during a scrap. I was flight-rated on dese crates durin' da Hades Twelve. It's made more fer stealth dan fer stand-up fights. Two, we got dat stealth coatin' da Sploogs added dat makes us super-hard ta ping. It ain't a flashy plan like jumpin' in right on that planet's frakkin' doorstep, but fer me two creds' worth we'd do a lot better tryin' ta sneak our way in an' usin' CC 'ere in case we do get busted."


Kaedras nods. I was just about to mention that. Also, it is unlikely we can fool the Kreeghor - they are familiar with this vessel. It was docked for a time with the Tuuabwe battleship, which was where the alchemical plates were added. Doubtless the ship signature on the DSM has been transmitted fleetwide by now. Further... we are more detectable at FTL, according to the mission logs, than at sublight speeds.'

Kaedras thinks for a moment. "My suggestion, to lose any sensor lock behind an outer planet, and then cruise in via sublight engines, employing stealth, was calculated knowing these variables. If by any chance we are still detected, then by all means Kar," He gestures to his new teammate, "May try to disentangle us. Though at that point I am unsure of how successful he will be."
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 168/168
M.D.C.: 37/37

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35
Psionic Force Field: 70/70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: [GA] Old Friends, New Enemies

Postby Juan Echo » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:14 am

<Rolls carry>

Juan looks over his the different projected routes profered by Metri, Kar, Aofie, and himself. No one has the same numbers for a hard drop out of FTL. "I don't like our projections for the Pope Maneuver. If we're wrong and pull out of FTL too late we might end up in the middle of a star like a bun in the oven."

Urqos Kar wrote:""Sometimes, it is easier to avoid detection by acting like you belong. I imagine if we set off an automated signal they already know we are here. They may be watching our movements now. Slinking through or trying to evade detection may cause suspicion....
"I spent some time in the Kreeghor military. I know of command codes used by transportation ships. The risk though, they may have changed. They were not changed while I was there but they could have changed. It has it's risks no doubt. If you decide to go the stealthy route, I can look over the navigation calculations as well."

Urqos Icky wrote:"Jus' fer da record, CC... when Meatball asked ya 'bout yerself, dat would'a been a prime time time ta mention yer Imperial resume. On da other hoof, inside knowledge o' Kreeghor tactics would come in gorram handy right 'bout now."

Urqos Kar wrote:"The appropriate time is decided by need, is it not. Knowing I was a guardsman. Yes a guardsman, would have provided no benefit to the team then. Now it does. Meatball asked about me, my previous employment does not define, ME. Do you define yourself by your previous employ?"

Juan raises an eyebrow at the revelation, like everyone else. "No. But you clearly do not want to talk about it, since you made a point of not mentioning your time with the Kreeghor when we were swapping stories on Center. And I think it would have been appropriate to mention any ties to Kreeghor military when we were briefing for a mission that involved into space contested by the Kreeghor military. The way I see it, you either omitted this information because either you're a spy or you got 'reasons'."

He pauses and gives a dark shrug, accepting that they need to act fast and as a team. If he is a spy, then his actions have already betrayed the team. If he's not, he is still a part of the team, and they will need him. "You're right, we don't have time for 'reasons', and those codes might still be useful. But if you are a spy, and those codes are false, remember that story I told you about spacing the Octoman while in oribt over Panze-4."*

Urqos Icky wrote:"Jus' a couple points o' general interest..." He takes a step forward. "One, dis is an Arcane breacher shuttle dat da Warlock Marines use ta sneak up 'longside other ships during a scrap. I was flight-rated on dese crates durin' da Hades Twelve. It's made more fer stealth dan fer stand-up fights. Two, we got dat stealth coatin' da Sploogs added dat makes us super-hard ta ping. It ain't a flashy plan like jumpin' in right on that planet's frakkin' doorstep, but fer me two creds' worth we'd do a lot better tryin' ta sneak our way in an' usin' CC 'ere in case we do get busted."

Urqos Kaedras wrote:"My suggestion, to lose any sensor lock behind an outer planet, and then cruise in via sublight engines, employing stealth, was calculated knowing these variables. If by any chance we are still detected, then by all means Kar," He gestures to his new teammate, "May try to disentangle us. Though at that point I am unsure of how successful he will be."

Juan looks through the different stealth routes plotted, they all follow the same trajectory, and fit with Kaedras suggestion. "The normal thing for a ship like this to do would be to travel under the radar. If we are detected, Urqos Kar, we can give them the codes and try to convince them we are on a covert mission. Let's get ready to drop out of FTL soon, and begin our approach to Axis-5. He takes a headset and hands it to Icky.

Urqos Icky wrote:"Not dat I don't trust yer fuzzy noggin, Chuckles... but I ain't lettin' nobody take a Warlock Marines shuttle inta da hot zone without dis ex-Marine at one o' da sticks. Sides... since we're gonna need all da help we can get from 'on high,' who better ta 'ave at da controls dan a god an' a priest?"

Juan smiles, "It is always an honor to fly with a man of the wine-stained-cloth and a Warlock Marine. One of my consorts from a few centuries ago was a jarhead, always had to be the pilot. Then, during one really wild trip, she let me take control of the ship. She wrote a song about that space battle, and it eventually became our battle cry. Soon, you'll be saying, 'Jonny take the wheel,' too."

*Look, Juan has a lot of stories, and a lot of them involving spacing people. You can't expect me to remember which one of those stories he told three weeks ago while drunk at a loud and sweaty bar.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 76/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] Old Friends, New Enemies

Postby Dark Lord » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:59 pm

As you conclude your trip towards the Axis system, you all spend a couple of weeks settling into your humdrum routines. It is a nice change of pace to not have to fend off pirates, or demons, or laboratory-spawned horrors and live almost like an ordinary person for a few days. Mara and Aoife regularly join in any exercises and/or sparring that takes place, determined to maintain physical condition during the long weeks voyaging through empty space. Several of you take the opportunity to get to know the new guy. Icky and Metri continue to ponder the problem of Icky’s corrupted power armor. Juan invents a new nickname for Datephus.
Juan Echo wrote:"Good morning Space Whale!"
”ERROR. DESIGNATION: SPACE WHALE NOT FOUND IN LEXICON DATABANKS. EXTRAPOLATING. GOOD MORNING CREWMEMBER DESIGNATE: JUAN ECHO.”

Also during the interregnum, Kaedras completes his review of the group’s archives, and gains a sense of just how special this ship is.
Kaedras Starfall wrote:"Hello Datephus. I have just read your creation. I did not realize until now that you were two of the earliest members of the Galactic Adventurers. I am pleased to make your acquaintance. As you know, I am Kaedras Idralion. Please let me know if I may be of any service to you."
”GREETINGS, CREWMEMBER DESIGNATE: KAEDRAS IDRALION. MY GRATITUDE FOR THE OFFER. IF YOU COULD ENSURE THAT THE REST OF THE TEAM DOES NOT DESTROY THIS VESSEL, I WOULD BE MOST APPRECIATIVE. I DO NOT THINK I WILL EVER BE ABLE TO LEAVE IT.”

Kaedras also reads enough of the logs to deduce that the connection with the strange artifact Thraxus gave him is psionic in nature. From what he could tell of Quan’s bonding process, it was less than pleasant. Still, the allure of the alien techno-wizardry is great. With a mixture of trepidation and curiosity, Kaedras takes the diadem in his hand, concentrates, and opens his mind. For a few seconds, nothing happens, and the elf feels a wave of disappointment. Maybe he isn’t among those who can activate the device. Then, the silver chains melt into a clear liquid- water. The water pools around the jewel centered in the middle of the diadem, the only piece of the item that remains solid. The water is quite cool to the touch, and somehow manages to avoid leaking through Kaedras’ hands and onto the floor. Then, four liquid tendrils shoot out from the mass, and embed themselves in Kaedras’ forehead.

The experience happens so quickly, Kaedras spends most of it in shock and immobile. The tendrils continue sinking into Kaedras’ forehead- the experience is not painful, but you can definitely feel them digging in through flesh and bone and organ meat. For spikes of pure cold reaching through your brain, drawing the gemstone behind them. In a flash, the stone has embedded itself in the middle of your forehead, and the tendrils that it used to attach itself are nowhere to be seen. Kaedras has a mild headache that will fade over the next hour, but otherwise the process appears to be complete. The gemstone isn’t exactly inconspicuous, but it looks like it will find under most armor helmets. As he reaches out with his mind, Kaedras also finds new abilities. And yet, everything feels oddly incomplete- there isn’t much water in space to draw upon.

For an exciting change of pace, your first sign of trouble doesn’t occur until you’ve almost arrived at Axis, with the Kreeghor transmission outlining the blockade. Being the first to respond, Juan takes the helm without objection from the others. Once the full team has arrived, the godling outlines your options- a stealthy approach past the perimeter at sublight speeds, or a full-speed dash to try and get close to your destination before the Kreeghor can catch you. Metri votes for the stealth approach, and suggests an additional ruse that might help if the Kreeghor intercept you. Kaedras suggests the same, using some of Axis’ outer planets to screen the ship from Kreeghor sensor sweeps. Kar suggests abandoning the pretense of stealth, acting like they belong, and hoping that some of his old access codes from his time as a Guardsman will suffice to get them past. Icky reminds everyone of the Dime Store Magic’s exotic and effective stealth systems, and advocates using them. Aoife alone pipes up in support for the mad dash plan- time is of the essence, after all, and if you make it to the Battlefield the Kreeghor are unlikely to risk their fleet to pursue you.

Eventually, you reach a consensus, and Starchief signs off. Icky relinquishes the helm to Juan and snags the co-pilot’s chair. That just leaves spots for the communications/sensor officer, and any gunners you want to supplement the pilots’ weapons control. Juan plots a course through FTL to take them on a trajectory away from Axis, but as close as you dare to the outer planets in the system. Then, you will duck down to sub-light and use the planet to do a little reverse gravitational lensing on any Kreeghor sensor sweeps. Kar’s codes, and just making a run for it, will be backup options. As Juan types away and gets ready to ride, Metri gently reaches over and corrects a navigational error that would have vaporized the ship and a healthy chunk of Axis IX’s surface. A big, healthy chunk.

The atmosphere is tense as Juan engages along the new course. Those of you not watching on the bridge or the observation deck can man some of the gun turrets, but otherwise there isn’t a whole lot to do but wait. And wait. Your approach in FTL goes quickly enough- sensor sweeps confirm that the Kreeghor don’t have that much of a perimeter, merely a thin layer of automated beacons around the system. Presumably ships will come a-running if given the signal, but it’s simply too much surface area to cover the entire system at a safe distance from Axis V. Today’s friendly reminder that space is big. It’s simple enough to triangulate the source of the transmissions, and you confirm the location of two beacons in the Kreeghor perimeter. You cut FTL just outside their effective range, last known course away from Axis, and cruise in. That’s when the waiting gets really tough- hour after hour. Space is really big, and you give silent thanks to whoever invented FTL. You pass the beacons, which give no sign that they’ve detected your presence. Splugorth stealth plating has been known to affect human sensor operators- it’s no surprise that simple automated systems would be fooled by it. You pass into the system but, taking no chances, keep your engines on sublight as you make your final approach. Hours pass, full of tense waiting.

Assuming you call ahead, there is a brief delay (longer than you would expect given the distance), before you receive a reply from the Free World Council. Dime Store Magic, this is Control at Fort Round Table on Axis V. I sure hope there’s a reason we can’t see you and that it’s not our sensors on the fritz again- you gave us quite the scare there just now. But I gotta figure a Kreeghor stealth ship wouldn’t announce its presence, so you are cleared to land at pad C. Docking instructions to follow. Control out.” She then transmits docking instructions. By this point, you’ve all had a long day of waiting and hoping that the Kreeghor don’t blow you out of the sky. While not physically draining, you are definitely ready to get off of the ship. Now that the coast is clear, those of you not actively flying the ship can disengage from the weapons ports and enjoy a little scenery.

The infamous Battlefield has been rebuilt, at least more than at any other point in the last 50 years or so. The system’s strategic importance means that it will always be a “must-have” for both sides in the conflict, but the deployment of Quan’s fire relic has all but assured the planet’s defense. For the first time in decades, people feel safe enough to build more than what is needed just to survive and fight another day. Some green space has returned to the planet, and there are even a handful of locales that could unironically be described as ‘pretty.’ Rumor has it there may even been some public works and art projects. You can only imagine what it’s like to live under the threat of conquest and death for so long, only to have near-total security restored with little more than the wave of a hand.

The coordinates Juan receives take you down to a bustling military complex outside one of the larger facilities. Kaedras recognizes a little of the area from Zem’s memories uploaded into Datephus- this is where the Adventurers vistied the planet last time, but it is now much more bult-up. Which only makes sense- Quan, his relic, and the strange First Ones’ technology accessed form this location are critical to the FWC’s defense. Undoubtedly, the people of this planet will fight tenaciously for their hard-won security- they probably don’t have the most relaxed attitude towards protecting their secret weapon. It’s a testament to the team’s invaluable aid in the past that you’re allowed on the premises at all.

You land without incident, and practically make a beeline to get off of the ship. After three weeks in transit, and 10 hours sweating out a Kreeghor patrol, fresh air and a chance to stretch your legs are just what the doctor ordered. As you get outside, a squad of half-dozen FWC troops appears, marching in formation and led by a grinning Uteni. Well, they don’t have mouths, so it might be a misnomer to call it a grin- but the tilt of those cheeks definitely look like smile lines, and it’s not hard to imagine that one would feel joy at seeing one’s old ship. Kaedras recognizes Quan from his more recent studies of the archives, and both Starchief and Icky vaguely remember the uteni officially hiring them onto the Adventurers in one of his last official acts as captain. Even without all that, the uteni’s shirt is partially open and reveals a glowing orange ankh embedded in his chest. Not too many people that could be, particularly in light of Kaedras’ own body modification.

Upon seeing the ship, Quan grins a little wider and says ”There’s the old girl. Still in one piece I see.” When he spots Starchief and Icky, he bounds forward and offers his hand. ”Rookies! You two taking good care of my ship? Where’s Oradro?”

Upon being given the news of his old second-in-command, Quan’s grin dissipates. ”That’s too bad- he was a capable second, but I bet he’ll be an even better cosmo-knight. So, presumably you guys didn’t fly all the way out here just to give me that news. What can I do for you?”

What are you doing?
Why kill a PC when you can torture their player?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 597
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] Old Friends, New Enemies

Postby Kar Fallax » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:01 am

Perception: 1d100 = 36 vs 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 10 and 1d100 = 18

Decisions, Decisions - Still in route

Juan Echo wrote:Juan raises an eyebrow at the revelation, like everyone else. "No. But you clearly do not want to talk about it, since you made a point of not mentioning your time with the Kreeghor when we were swapping stories on Center. And I think it would have been appropriate to mention any ties to Kreeghor military when we were briefing for a mission that involved into space contested by the Kreeghor military. The way I see it, you either omitted this information because either you're a spy or you got 'reasons'."


Kar looks toward Juan, contempt clearly in his eyes as they close down on him, nose and mouth twitching. Kar's breathing deepens, "Is not wanting to talk about it, "reason" enough for you?," he asks in an almost sarcastic tone. Deep and gruff he adds, "Not everyone feels the need to share their life's history with the world." Kar throws his arms up quickly and snorts as he walks away slightly.

Juan Echo wrote:He pauses and gives a dark shrug, accepting that they need to act fast and as a team. If he is a spy, then his actions have already betrayed the team. If he's not, he is still a part of the team, and they will need him. "You're right, we don't have time for 'reasons', and those codes might still be useful. But if you are a spy, and those codes are false, remember that story I told you about spacing the Octoman while in oribt over Panze-4."


With Kar's eyes trained on Juan he snorts deeply and replies, "I must have missed that one. Hard to tell. You have many stories. If my codes don't work we are all dead. the Kreeghor will do the spacing indiscriminately."




On the planet

Kar follows the team out of the ship. Staying in the back he carefully surveys the surroundings. When the man greats Starchief and Icky as "rookies" Kar is confused, Our leader is a rookie? Great! he thinks to himself but withholds comment and does his best to keep his face void of emotions. He silently waits to see what happens next.
User avatar
Kar Fallax
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon May 18, 2020 7:02 am

Re: [GA] Old Friends, New Enemies

Postby Starchief » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:32 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 60/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 20/1d100 = 95

Journey through the Void
Starchief turns the helm over to Juan as he spends time in his quarters for reasons both personal and professional. He'd kept a strong front for this long, but he was deeply upset about what happened to his home as well as the losses incurred there. Specifically, Lisa Solaris. Crewmember, lover, friend. He had just left her to her own devices when they were attacked on Seeron. At first, he thought she was surely deceased. But when Aoife McKenna resurfaced, his mind began processing scenarios. Maybe she had been displaced by a phase beam that took her out of the timestream and she'd be returned somewhere in the future. Maybe she was physically dispersed but her astral self was still with the team on the Dime Store Magic. Maybe she was lost on Seeron after having been blown up in the bar, but was now fighting alongside Waldo and Kaboom on the frontlines of the Tarlok war.

Between these wandering thoughts, he did paperwork. "The repairs cost how much?! Frak me, this had better hold up." He stayed locked up in his quarters until he heard Datephus announce their arrival.


Battlefield
Starchief exits the Dime Store Magic with his helmet under his arm and his sword sheathed on his side. Look at this... much more lively than the reports would have you believe. He sees the squad of UWC troops and Quan Tran himself at their head. Starchief gives a friendly chuckle at the rookie joke and meets his hand for a solid shake. "The Dime is as good as new." Especially since she almost got blown up from the inside and just got fixed, but don't need to tell you that right now. "She's got an ever changing crew, and at the moment, Oradro... Sir Yekeva, isn't with us. Big Cosmo-Knight stuff to handle. I'm sure he'll be back. Seems like the Forge cured his dual nature by making him start over entirely. He didn't remember us, just that he had a purpose. Just as well, he seemed to be struggling."
"At any rate, here's her current crew. We've got Mara, who's as tough and good with a blade as she is tall. Kaedras, our mental specialist. Juan Echo, the Wandering God. Metri has been with us for quite some time and is a monster on the field and our conscience off it. Aoife is a better version of myself. And of course, you know the lovable Chef. And of course, myself, Starchief of Seeron."
The self-introduction comes with a bit of cheese in his voice and an almost imperceptible glint in his eye.

Once the introductions are completed, he gets down to business. "Why we're here? A couple of reasons. First, a ghoul of some sort sacrificed its immortal life to get us a warning that we needed to get here. No further explanation, just 'Get to Battlefield'. Not a lot to go on, but it mentioned an enemy we had just faced, so here we are. Second..." Andra points to Kaedras' newly bejeweled forehead. "Thraxus explained that there was...something here that reacted with your fire artifact. We're here to see what it might do when introduced to a second artifact, this time made of Water."
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image

Ledger
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] Old Friends, New Enemies

Postby Chef Icky » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:39 am

Perception: 1d100 = 77/43%
JIC: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 93

Dark Lord wrote:You land without incident, and practically make a beeline to get off of the ship. After three weeks in transit, and 10 hours sweating out a Kreeghor patrol, fresh air and a chance to stretch your legs are just what the doctor ordered. As you get outside, a squad of half-dozen FWC troops appears, marching in formation and led by a grinning Uteni. Well, they don’t have mouths, so it might be a misnomer to call it a grin- but the tilt of those cheeks definitely look like smile lines, and it’s not hard to imagine that one would feel joy at seeing one’s old ship. Kaedras recognizes Quan from his more recent studies of the archives, and both Starchief and Icky vaguely remember the uteni officially hiring them onto the Adventurers in one of his last official acts as captain. Even without all that, the uteni’s shirt is partially open and reveals a glowing orange ankh embedded in his chest. Not too many people that could be, particularly in light of Kaedras’ own body modification.

Upon seeing the ship, Quan grins a little wider and says ”There’s the old girl. Still in one piece I see.” When he spots Starchief and Icky, he bounds forward and offers his hand. ”Rookies! You two taking good care of my ship? Where’s Oradro?”

Upon being given the news of his old second-in-command, Quan’s grin dissipates. ”That’s too bad- he was a capable second, but I bet he’ll be an even better cosmo-knight. So, presumably you guys didn’t fly all the way out here just to give me that news. What can I do for you?”


Icky claps Quan on the shoulder. "Good ta see ya 'gain, Smiley! Nah, we ain't been up ta much -- jus' blowing up an Intruder mothership, stoppin' a demon invasion o' Center, raidin' a demon planet, exposin' a body-snatchin' ring in Meatball's back yard -- nuthin' major. What's been up wit' ya?"

Starchief wrote:Starchief gives a friendly chuckle at the rookie joke and meets his hand for a solid shake. "The Dime is as good as new. She's got an ever changing crew, and at the moment, Oradro... Sir Yekeva, isn't with us. Big Cosmo-Knight stuff to handle. I'm sure he'll be back. Seems like the Forge cured his dual nature by making him start over entirely. He didn't remember us, just that he had a purpose. Just as well, he seemed to be struggling."
"At any rate, here's her current crew. We've got Mara, who's as tough and good with a blade as she is tall. Kaedras, our mental specialist. Juan Echo, the Wandering God. Metri has been with us for quite some time and is a monster on the field and our conscience off it. Aoife is a better version of myself. And of course, you know the lovable Chef. And of course, myself, Starchief of Seeron."
The self-introduction comes with a bit of cheese in his voice and an almost imperceptible glint in his eye.

Once the introductions are completed, he gets down to business. "Why we're here? A couple of reasons. First, a ghoul of some sort sacrificed its immortal life to get us a warning that we needed to get here. No further explanation, just 'Get to Battlefield'. Not a lot to go on, but it mentioned an enemy we had just faced, so here we are. Second..." Andra points to Kaedras' newly bejeweled forehead. "Thraxus explained that there was...something here that reacted with your fire artifact. We're here to see what it might do when introduced to a second artifact, this time made of Water."


Icky raises an eyebrow as Starchief names off the crew. Hard to believe that Andra and I are the only ones left of the crew from the last time we saw him. On an intellectual level it's not hard to understand that. Spaceship crews rotated out all the time, especially when the crew is made up of adventurers and soldiers of fortune. But every once in a while the reminder strikes you where you didn't expect. Who's going to be part of the crew next time we meet an old friend? Who's next to 'rotate' out? And who knows who might 'rotate' back in? He shakes off those potential morbid thoughts and pokes Starchief in the ribs. "Oi, ya fergot da corn cob..." he says in a low voice to his chief before turning his attention back to Quan. If Starchief doesn't introduce him he'll add, "Kar back dere's our newest addition. Public relations an' all dat." He adds with a grin. These Council folks might not be too thrilled at our bringing a former Kreeghor Guardsman into town... here's hoping that part doesn't slip out.

His voice drops slightly. "Also, I gotta side question. Ya ever 'eard o' anyone callin' demselves 'Priestess Haad?' She claimed ta be an emissary fer some 'Prophet Alexandra' dat's a big name in da Council 'ere, but she sure wasn't actin' like da type I figure ya'd be doin' much falutin' wit'."
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] Old Friends, New Enemies

Postby Kaedras Starfall » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:27 pm

Perception: 42% 1d100 = 56

JIC: 1d20 = 8
1d100 = 19

As the Galactic Adventurers meet Captain Tran - the Dime Store Magic's first Captain and and Adventurer's previous leader - Kaedras can't help but feel a bit of awe. Once Starchief introduces him, he steps forward.

Starchief wrote:. "Why we're here? A couple of reasons. First, a ghoul of some sort sacrificed its immortal life to get us a warning that we needed to get here. No further explanation, just 'Get to Battlefield'. Not a lot to go on, but it mentioned an enemy we had just faced, so here we are. Second... Thraxus explained that there was...something here that reacted with your fire artifact. We're here to see what it might do when introduced to a second artifact, this time made of Water."


"Perhaps... I can be of some help bringing everyone up to speed. I spent much of the trip here immersed in Datephus' mission logs and... sundry other recordings. Firstly, let me say it is an honor to meet you, Captain Tran - I have read your missions with great interest. You are a man of great honor. I am Kaedras, of House Idralion on Alfheim, and I am at your service." He bows deeply before standing straight and turning to Starchief, "Sir - in their original trip to this planet Captain Tran and the Adventurers found, in a pyramid, a portal device with four brackets. Captain Tran's fire relic detached at that point from his chest, to become a boxlike key of some sort that slotted into one of those brackets. It's immediate effect was to subsume the surface of the planet in a fire that destroyed the Kreeghor invaders, and no one else. Afterward, the key detached, and when they left the pyramid, it resumed its former shape."

Turning back to Captain Tran, he adds, gesturing to his forehead, "As you can see I have bonded to the Water relic - though only recently. I am not as familiar with its abilities as you are with the Fire relic, of that I am certain. Thraxus also indicated that the Earth relic is in his possession. I can only assume that his other team, the Galactic Rogues, obtained it for him, because there is no other mention of it in Datephus' records."

"I am assuming the... otherworldly luminous beings that have, from time to time, guided the adventurers originally lead you here because this portal and these keys are central to stopping the ... apocalyptic future you experienced."

He sighs deeply, then continues. "I am the individual the demon contacted with his warnings about Priestess Haad, and about this place, 'Battlefield' - so it seems to me that the portal, and the relics, must figure in to her plans in some way. I believe that is as up to speed as I can get everyone." He smiles at Captain Tran. "If there are any recent developments to this situation of which you are aware, They should prove very helpful."
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 168/168
M.D.C.: 37/37

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35
Psionic Force Field: 70/70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: [GA] Old Friends, New Enemies

Postby Juan Echo » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:44 pm

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 20
JiC: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 63

Upon landing on Axis-5 Juan gives a stern look at Kar. "Looks like we didn't need the codes." He pauses before leaving the Dime Store Magic. "The Galactic Adventurers is not your typical group of mercs. We trust each other, and that trust is based on more than which way you are pointing your knife. It's a shared sentiment."

"I still trust you. Then again, I did trust the Octoman until it turned out he was hiding some very dangerous secrets. Be sure that your secrets do not pose a threat to the team."

Stepping off the ship Juan immediately remembers why he has never attempted a visit of the Axis system. Despite the signs of a cosmopolitan life emerging, it was still a war zone, a deeply unpleasant place. Juan leads armies into pitched battles in his own star system. He travels in part to get away from the systematic warfare that governs his home planet. It is also why he has avoided joining massive military campaigns when he has served as a soldier of fortune. Long military campaigns have a way of distilling a people into grim survivalists. Eventually you have to wonder what you are fighting for. But scanning the planet, there is a shade of that. Perhaps, he thinks, whatever device has bonded with Captain Tran is the type of thing that can turn the tide against the forces of evil in the Three Galaxies

When he is introduced by Starchief, the Wandering God sizes up the Uteni as he gives a half bow. Slight, cocky, and clearly in charge; an old hand soldier with a spark that is more than youth. It is known throughout the Three Galaxies that Thraxus has a thing for contracting archetypical heroes, one way or the other, and Quan fits that description. "It is a pleasure to meet a fellow Adventurer."

Priest Icky wrote:"Also, I gotta side question. Ya ever 'eard o' anyone callin' demselves 'Priestess Haad?' She claimed ta be a big name in da Council, but she ain't da type I figure ya'd be doin' much falutin' wit'."

Urqos Kaedras wrote:"I am the individual the demon contacted with his warnings about Priestess Haad, and about this place, 'Battlefield' - so it seems to me that the portal, and the relics, must figure in to her plans in some way. I believe that is as up to speed as I can get everyone." He smiles at Captain Tran. "If there are any recent developments to this situation of which you are aware, They should prove very helpful."


"Yes," Juan says with a slow nod. "There was a Priestess that claimed to be an agent for the 'Prophet' Alexandria, some urqos, I mean mortal, that thinks she's divine, claims to want to free slaves but might be a slaver herself, might be a member of the Council's inner circle? Do you know anyone fitting that description?"
Last edited by Juan Echo on Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 76/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] Old Friends, New Enemies

Postby Aoife » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:22 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 76/44%
JiC: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 28


Kar Fallax wrote:He turns to Icky, "The appropriate time is decided by need, is it not. Knowing I was a guardsman," he pauses briefly looking to Aoife then back to Icky. "Yes a guardsman, would have provided no benefit to the team then. Now it does." He finishes with a gruff breath again through his nostrils. Looking around at the team he finishes, "Meatball asked about me, my previous employment does not define, ME." He turns back to Chef Icky, "Do you define yourself by your previous employ?"

Kar looks toward Juan, contempt clearly in his eyes as they close down on him, nose and mouth twitching. Kar's breathing deepens, "Is not wanting to talk about it, "reason" enough for you?," he asks in an almost sarcastic tone. Deep and gruff he adds, "Not everyone feels the need to share their life's history with the world." Kar throws his arms up quickly and snorts as he walks away slightly.


Aoife chuckles quietly. Yeah, I suppose if I worked for evil assholes I'd be a little cautious about how I explained that part of my past. "It would inform a team of what kind of training you had, which could alter how plans were made and developed. The team leader needs to understand what their team is capable of in order to make a plan that maximizes the skills and talents of the team to achieve success." She lets out a sigh, "I get it, the TGE isn't exactly popular. I am painfully aware of how unpopular they are, and to what extremes they go to in order to keep control of planets that want something different. But knowing where you come from, and what kind of training you have is important, and worrying about being judged for your past and keeping it hidden has a way of backfiring. Trust me, I'm not proud of all the things I did in the past. But I do own them and move on from it."

Starchief wrote:"At any rate, here's her current crew. We've got Mara, who's as tough and good with a blade as she is tall. Kaedras, our mental specialist. Juan Echo, the Wandering God. Metri has been with us for quite some time and is a monster on the field and our conscience off it. Aoife is a better version of myself. And of course, you know the lovable Chef. And of course, myself, Starchief of Seeron." The self-introduction comes with a bit of cheese in his voice and an almost imperceptible glint in his eye.


Aoife laughs. "Prettier for sure Captain, better though? Nah, just different. Didn't you learn the difference between boys and girls at some point?" Aoife smirks at Starchief. Humor. Got to love it. Aoife takes a deep breath, enjoying being on a new planet. She takes some comfort seeing the FWC troops. Ah, been to long since I've been on the ground with the FWC. She nods at the FWC troops, "It's nice to see the FWC is holding strong here. It's a grim buisiness you guys are in, but it's always good to be back around you guys.

When she hears folks talking about luminous beings and priestess and deevils, Aoife holds her breath for a moment. Mkay. That...can't really be a coincidence can it? Bah, I was hoping to figure this out better before I brought it up but now might be a good time. Um, I don't suppose anyone knows an artist? I had...I guess you could say vision, after the explosion on Seeron and before I woke up in the DSM. There was...a woman, and I guess luminous might be a way to describe her. I have a feeling this might not be a coincidence."
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

Aoife

M.D.C.
Armor: [76/100
Body: 424/424
User avatar
Aoife
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:38 pm

Re: [GA] Old Friends, New Enemies

Postby Kaedras Starfall » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:37 pm

(Rolls carried over)

Aoife wrote:Um, I don't suppose anyone knows an artist? I had...I guess you could say vision, after the explosion on Seeron and before I woke up in the DSM. There was...a woman, and I guess luminous might be a way to describe her. I have a feeling this might not be a coincidence."


Kaedras nods. "I only know these beings by the mission logs... there is little description... Zem and Oradro both also encountered one. Captain Tran and others felt it's presence, it's... disembodied voice, on this planet. From the logs I am not sure if they were all the same entity."
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 168/168
M.D.C.: 37/37

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35
Psionic Force Field: 70/70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: [GA] Old Friends, New Enemies

Postby Mara » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:46 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 60 / 65% (95% when dealing with vampires or undead)
JiC: 1d20 = 5 1d100 = 21

Conditions:

Mara nods to Icky, "True enough, but I am supposed to be old enough to know better. Making a name for yourself is for rookies." As he flies us in to Battlefield, "Nice flying Chef!"

Mara looks around after they disembarked. Nicer than I expected. Guess I did just expect war torn battlegrounds everywhere you look. She is relived that someone here does know them and is happy to see a few of them. Better than how that last place started. She will stay near, but not to near, Starburst and listen and learn. If Haad is here and she brought some of those damn shadow creatures with her . . . it is gonna get ugly. If she gets a chance she introduces herself to Tran, "Name is Mara, pleased to meet you."
Mara Archerean

PPE: 288 / 288
ISP: 85 / 85
MDC: 381/381
H.F.: 14
Heart in Chains Tattoo: 0/450 MDC(inactive)

Constant: Sixth Sense

Soundtrack:
''Zombie'' by Damned Anthem
Evanescence - Bring Me To Life (Ghost in the Machine Remix)
Adele vs. Linkin Park - Set Fire To The End
Tomorrow We Fight
User avatar
Mara
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:25 pm

Re: [GA] Old Friends, New Enemies

Postby Dark Lord » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:56 pm

Water Level
Kaedras, while this world has an average amount of water its ecosystem has been devastated by decades of war. Only water magic through level 3 is available while you are on Axis V.

As you make your final approach to the planet, you complete your preparations to disembark (as well as a mildly tense conversation between Kar, Juan, and Aoife). You set down outside of one of the ruined cities of Axis V- now slowly making its way towards being less ruined. There’s a primitive spaceport for landing craft, but it’s clearly designed to support only the squadron of fighters based in the area and the odd merchant vessel- the Dime Store Magic takes up a substantial portion of the available real estate. While none of you were present on the team’s previous mission here, Kaedras (and anyone else who has reviewed the logs) will find that the area is much more developed than previously. A hastily constructed fort now guards the excavation site- a perimeter fence, with temporary buildings of all shapes and sizes dotting a generous exterior. The site itself has been excavated a little further according to sensors, and below it hides a galactic marvel.

Quan greets Starchief and Icky, and his bodyguards nonchalantly take up positions around you while Starchief introduces the “new” team. More then one guard gives both Juan and Kar a suspicious, and close-up, inspection over, to which Quan hastily interjects ”I’m sure if Icky and Starchief here vouch for them they’re fine. Even the new guy, right guys?” Assuming the answer is yes, the bodyguards relax fractionally and Quan gives a rueful shrug. ”The price of being the most important guy on the planet, I guess.”

You then proceed- Starchief briefly outlines the group’s purpose, both Icky and Juan inquire after their favorite priestess, Kaedras eagerly talks with Quan and provides some important context from his research in the ship archives, Aoife joins in with her own addition, and Mara makes her own polite introduction.

Starchief wrote:"Why we're here? A couple of reasons. First, a ghoul of some sort sacrificed its immortal life to get us a warning that we needed to get here. No further explanation, just 'Get to Battlefield'. Not a lot to go on, but it mentioned an enemy we had just faced, so here we are. Second..." Andra points to Kaedras' newly bejeweled forehead. "Thraxus explained that there was...something here that reacted with your fire artifact. We're here to see what it might do when introduced to a second artifact, this time made of Water."
Quan blinks in surprise for a few seconds. ”A… immortal ghoul? That doesn’t make any sense. Things have been quiet ever since the FWC brought me in- any Kreeghor incursions get shot out of the sky almost immediately. But even if they didn’t- why would it care what happened here? Much less enough to sacrifice its life. I appreciate the concern, but we’re all fine- something about this doesn’t add up.”

Quan seems to come to a decision, and waves for you to follow. ”Follow me- we can talk somewhere private.” He leads you into one of the smaller buildings near the spaceport, with his bodyguards doing a quick internal sweep and then standing guard outside. The building itself is little more than a storage depot with a conference room, but into the latter he leads you and gestures for everyone to sit where you continue talking.

Chef Icky wrote:"Also, I gotta side question. Ya ever 'eard o' anyone callin' demselves 'Priestess Haad?' She claimed ta be an emissary fer some 'Prophet Alexandra' dat's a big name in da Council 'ere, but she sure wasn't actin' like da type I figure ya'd be doin' much falutin' wit'."
Juan Echo wrote:"…claims to want to free slaves but might be a slaver herself, might be a member of the Council's inner circle? Do you know anyone fitting that description?"
Quan’s featureless face forms a couple of frown lines before he replies. ”Never heard of this Haad of yours, nor anything about slavers, but the Prophet Alexandra is a different story. She’s the primary religious figure of one of the religions that’s popular among the old-school Atorian aristocracy. For those of you not up on your galactic history, the Atorian Empire was a real going concern in the Corkscrew Galaxy a thousand years ago. Then they got crushed by the Kreeghor. By all indications, the majority of the population is made up of loyal little vassals, but apparently some of ‘em feel different and joined us. Brought their religion too- real piece of work if you ask me, but the aristocracy never does. Their entire philosophy is about the ends justifying the means and the joys of self-sacrifice for the greater good. Word is it can take them to some real scary places. I’d steer clear of the western side of the fort if you want to avoid them."

Kaedras Starfall wrote:"I am assuming the... otherworldly luminous beings that have, from time to time, guided the adventurers originally lead you here because this portal and these keys are central to stopping the ... apocalyptic future you experienced."
Quan throws up his hands in an exasperated, and exaggerated, shrug. ”Yeah, Thraxus and I both think that the pyramid under this site is the key to holding back the forces of darkness. As for those, ah, luminous beings as you say- honestly, they were always more Sir Zem’s thing. They did seem to help us, mainly him, a little bit. But then, there were plenty of other times we could’ve used their help and didn’t get it. Only time we were able to contact them was the first time we came here. Pitch object read a runic stone slab inside the pyramid, and she appeared to him and a few of the rest of us somehow. Gave us a bit of a riddle, and a cryptic note about something they sealed away in case it was ever needed. Called me the ‘torchbearer’, too, for obvious reasons.” Quan then holds up one hand, waves it with a flourish, and produces an orange metallic torch in his hand, complete with floating globe of daylight. A couple of seconds later, he dispels it just as easily. ”Anyway, the working theory is, if we find whatever goes in the other three slots in that pocket dimension we found, it’ll unlock the whole apparatus. With four slots, it sounds like we’re almost there.”

Aoife wrote:Um, I don't suppose anyone knows an artist? I had...I guess you could say vision, after the explosion on Seeron and before I woke up in the DSM. There was...a woman, and I guess luminous might be a way to describe her. I have a feeling this might not be a coincidence."
Quan shrugs, ”As I recall, they rescued Sir Zem in space one time. Turned him into a cosmo-knight, too. I don’t suppose you came back with any cosmic abilities of some sort? Not a whole lot of sketch artists here, unfortunately, but Zem did regularly share his memories with Datephus on board the DSM. If any of you guys are psychic, maybe you can link up and compare notes?”

Kaedras Starfall wrote:"I am the individual the demon contacted with his warnings about Priestess Haad, and about this place, 'Battlefield' - so it seems to me that the portal, and the relics, must figure in to her plans in some way. I believe that is as up to speed as I can get everyone." He smiles at Captain Tran. "If there are any recent developments to this situation of which you are aware, They should prove very helpful."
Quan hesitates, reflexively looks around real quick, then shrugs and continues. ”Well, maybe if you consider Free World Council internal politics noteworthy. Unfortunately, with Axis V serving as both home to a galactic superweapon and the lynchpin of our defense against the Kreeghor, every blueblood in the rebellion wants a say in how we do things around here. So they all sent representatives, and troops to protect the representatives. Then delegations, and garrisons to protect the delegations. From all sorts of different factions within the Free World Council- Freedom fighters, pirates, mercenaries, Wulfen rebels, and whatever you call the Atorians. Even a couple cosmo-knights here and there, I think. And without a common enemy breathing down their necks, they have all the time to get into petty squabbles. It got so bad at one point, Naruni threatened to pull its transports. I know we need them, in case the Kreeghor manage to sneak an invasion force past our orbital defenses, but it feels like living on a powder keg sometimes.”

”Which, ah, brings me to your second request. Look, if it were just up to me, I’d say go for it. Hook that jewel in your head up and see what it does. But the current balance of power around here only lasts because of painstaking negotiations within the FWC around use of my artifact. Anything that isn’t for immediate defense needs approval by the other faction leaders on-site. Without prior approval, experimenting with the artifacts is an invitation to civil war. The core freedom fighters from Good Hope know that I speak for Klass here, so they’re with us, and the Wulfen usually defer to them. But you’ll need to talk to Drax’ikl, leader of the, uhm, mercenary forces stationed here as well as Torrigan, the Atorian commandant. Meanwhile, I’ll pop over to the local ley line nexus and recharge my own artifact. If the others sign off, we can do a test run as early as tomorrow morning. If you guys don’t mind spending the night planetside. I’d offer you all bunks, but I suspect that your accommodations aboard the ship will be more comfortable. Any questions?”

What are you doing?

((A map of the compound is below- blue denotes the DSM, the large circle denotes the excavation site.))
Attachments
FWC Base Map.jpg
Why kill a PC when you can torture their player?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 597
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD


Return to Phase World: The Three Galaxies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest