[GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

The Anvil, Corkscrew, and Thundercloud galaxies.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Az Rael » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:32 am

Perception: 1d100 = 69 vs (55%) +15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% When dealing with Vampires or the Undead, +5% when pertaining to ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
JIC: 1d20 = 7 and 1d100 = 16

Current Condition
Integrated Sensor Pod, 360° scanning capability - +3 Initiative, +2 to Parry, +2 to Dodge, +5 to Roll w/, allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise.


Az Rael take a quick lap around the round room. With no apparent exit he sighs, This isn't turning out to be as easy as I had hoped. Is it ever though? Looking at the details of the room he mentally tries to tally what they have so far, Some kind of ceremonial room? A burial room and and foyer. Could this be the extent? He quickly likens the design to the pyramids he is so familiar with. The designer would likely want us to believe this is it. There must be another passage.

"Alrighty, we hit a stumbling block. No more doors. That we can see anyway. I think we should double down on our attempts to examine the sarcophagi in the second room. We also need to see where else this room leads. I'm gonna start with the fountain. I doubt the designer planned on them bringing water all the way we have come so far. I'm thinking there might be something under it. Someone give me a hand."

Az Rael makes his way to the fountain and tries to push it aside, if he is unable to move it from one direction he will try several other directions in case it is on a rail type system.
P.P.E.: 65 / 99
I.S.P.: 47 / 47
H.P.: 34 / 34
S.D.C.: 82 / 82

Perception Bonus: 52%
+15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% dealing with Vampires/Undead, +5% Ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
BA-26 EBA armor M.D.C: 90 / 90

Charm/Impress: 25%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 60%
Horror/Awe Factor: 12


Az Rael

Always On
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis (special)
  • Sense the Presence of Vampire and Vampire Intelligences (Special)
  • Sence Rifts and Ley Lines (special)


Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Commando lvl 5
  • Number of Attacks: 5 (+1 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • P.P.E.: Channel 15 P.P.E per attack
  • Initiative Bonus: +4
  • Strike Bonus: +6 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Parry Bonus: +7 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Dodge Bonus: +7 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Entangle: +2
  • HTH Damage Bonus: +4
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +3
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch: +5
  • Bonus to Disarm: +1
  • Bonus to Automatic Body Flip: +1
  • Bonus to Automatic Dodge: +3


Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Magic (varies): +2
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+):
  • Insanity (12+): +8
  • Psionics (varies): +8
  • Mind Control via psionics or drugs: +1
  • Horror Factor (varies): +9
User avatar
Az Rael
Group Leader
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:34 pm

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Pertinax » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:06 am

Perception (24%): 1d100 = 3
JiC: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 62

Armor
Loksuit Power Armor - M.D.C. by location
    Main Body - 115
    Head/Helmet - 50
    Arms - 50 each
    Legs - 60 each
N-F40A Heavy Force Field - Not activated; Duration - 480/480 min.
Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Inactive)
Dreadmaster Mask
Combat Harness
Dreadmaster Pants
Dreadmaster Boots
Weapons
NE-RV07 Ripper Vibro Axe
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Butcher's Bill (cumulative)
- 16 I.S.P.


Unable to read anything from a sarcophagus, Pertinax closes his eyes and tries to sense tomb. There they are: the paranoid boy, the other neurotic boy, the arrogant boy mage, the lizard boy, and... He opens his eyes as Bryke peeks his head from out of the sarcophagus. He noticeably shudders and walks around the Promethean. ... and the bald idiot.
The aforementioned cueball wrote:"Nothing but dust and bones."

Pertinax radios in: "Correct. The dead are still resting, and I do not sense anyone else here."

He then follows Az Rael into the next room, stopping just at the doorway and surveying its decorations. The mosaic tiles tell the story of this dead civilization, the tomb preserving its long lost legacy as if it was trapped in amber. Does a people's history matter if they are all dead and no one is around to learn it? Pertinax gives a derisive snort. What good did it do the Lonarans?

Alex wrote:"Alrighty, we hit a stumbling block. No more doors. That we can see anyway. I think we should double down on our attempts to examine the sarcophagi in the second room. We also need to see where else this room leads. I'm gonna start with the fountain. I doubt the designer planned on them bringing water all the way we have come so far. I'm thinking there might be something under it. Someone give me a hand."

"Roger that."

Petinax approaches the fountain cautiously, preferring to stay close to the edges of the room. He looks to see if there is any loose place to pry the fountain open and see what might be below.* If that fails for any reason, he will look at the design on the floor again.

Is it a sun or is it a flower? You were never understood art, but there seems to be some sort of symbolism. Remember, a flower needs sunlight. He looks at the other Rogues and says on the radio: "There might be a hidden door in this room. We should look for some kind of trigger to open it."

* Consumer, I don't know if I'll need any skill or strike rolls to accomplish this; if I do feel free to let me know what I should roll and I'll edit my post accordingly
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348/348
P.P.E.: 11/11
I.S.P.: 120/120
User avatar
Pertinax
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Scythe » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:33 am

JiC: 1d100 = 79 / 1d20 = 11
Perc [38%]: 1d100 = 74

Constant Conditions: Sixth Sense (2) || Sense Magic in Use (400/ft) | Automatically Sense Rifts (700 miles) | Sense Ley Lines and Nexus (40 miles)

Active Conditions: Globe of Daylight [12 minutes] || Detect Concealment [-6 PPE | Instant | 30ft area]

Expended PPE: 13


As his Globe of Daylight fades in the sarcophagi room, he will recast it, but he will not augment it as he did before, muttering the phrase "Lux Concreuerit". He will move the Globe with him.

"This culture seems to have been just after the Bronze Age, likely heading towards an industrial era had whatever befallen them not. This leads me to believe that what happened on the surface was not their doing. Perhaps warring factions came to their planet, or they were decimated... much like my world." Scythe's thought to his blade cuts off as he pauses his thought and movement mid-stride. This is similar to what happened, perhaps they were wiped out as my world was, centuries ago? He questions in his mind before opening the link with his blade again. "I sense no magic and see no runes, let us hope it stays that way." The demigod explains to his Blade. ”From what I can tell, and this is only a guess as I know nothing of this culture, that it’s likely people of importance, but not likely not of great importance. It is unlikely that these beings would bury dishonored dead in such extravagance. Could be lesser members of a family, or clergy, or royalty. Without further information I can only give you that speculation.” Tessa explains her logical reason as Scythe resumes his stride and only nods.

Scythe examines the archway before crossing the threshold and looks down at the star-like shape on the ground and the four pillars holding a stone ceiling up. A dead end, or a ruse? Must've been built to last to weather the centuries. Perhaps a puzzle. He thinks as he enters, his eyes tracing the pictographic representations on the mosaics of kings, priests or other such valued individuals. "This certainly seems like a mausoleum meant to honor the past and those buried here, likely linked to a certain lineage. How could Thraxus have lost his shield in such a place? Inept Immortals are no better than mortals." He asks his blade rhetorically, not expecting a response to that specific question, while chastising Thraxus's carelessness. His eyes trace to the dry fountain in the center of the room as Az speaks.

Az wrote:"Alrighty, we hit a stumbling block. No more doors. That we can see anyway. I think we should double down on our attempts to examine the sarcophagi in the second room. We also need to see where else this room leads. I'm gonna start with the fountain. I doubt the designer planned on them bringing water all the way we have come so far. I'm thinking there might be something under it. Someone give me a hand."


Pert wrote:"There might be a hidden door in this room. We should look for some kind of trigger to open it."


Scythe nods and moves with Az. "Wait, I suggest having one of our readers attempt to read this fountain to potentially show any secrets it may have. I'll also extend my senses to see if there is anything concealed in this room, such as a door or hidden panel or some other secret. We can then try to move it, I have a spell that will aid you in its movement. As a this appears to be a dead end, it is likely a ruse to hide something deeper, or it is truly unimportant." Scythe suggests, glancing back to either Alvidan or Pertinax and their reading abilities. He then imagines the glyph in his mind and mutters the spell "Deprehendere Celare" to Detect Concealment of anything that may be hidden within the room. As he does so, he will look for more mundane methods of concealing to see if anything strikes him as odd.

If nothing strikes him as odd, he will cast Mystic Fulcrum on Pertinax and Az Rael, touching them both on the shoulders as he extends his powers to two by touch while muttering the phrase "Mysticum Cardo". "You are now able to move more than you normally could, if this fountain was designed to be moved or hide something away, we should be able to move it now." He says to Az and Pertinax. If the two of them cannot move it together, Scythe will recast Fulcrum on himself and help.

Detect Concealment (6)
Detect Concealment (6) - Deprehendere Celare
Range: Area affect: 30 feet (9. 1 m).
Duration: Instant.
Saving Throw: None.
P.P.E.: Six
A magic invocation that will instantly negate any Concealment spell(s) and reveal any object(s) which may have
been mystically concealed. Can be directed at a specific area or individual, or made to affect an entire area 30 feet
(9. 1 m) in diameter.


Mystic Fulcrum (5)
Mystic Fulcrum (5) - Mysticum Cardo
Range: Self or two others by touch.
Duration: Five minutes per level of experience.
Saving Throw: Not applicable.
P.P.E.: Five
Mystic Fulcrum is another spell that defies or tweaks the laws of physics. Those enchanted by the magic can pick
up and move objects that they would otherwise not have the leverage and ability to do without a lever and
support. Those enchanted by Mystic Fulcrum can lift 50% more weight than usual and carry 10% more.
“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Scythe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)


Active Stats, Conditions and Equipment
Active Stats:
P.P.E.: 223/223 || I.S.P.: 42/42| M.D.C.: 97/97
Current Active Conditions: Horror Factor 10 || Fire/Cold 1/2 DMG || Regenerates 1d6*5 M.D.C. /minute || Sixth Sense (2) || Sense Magic in Use (400/ft) | Automatically Sense Rifts (700 miles)

Active Equipment:
Warlock Combat Armor W-F1 Model || M.D.C. by location; W-F1 Armor of Ithan: 100/100 | Shoulder(L): 100/100 \/ Shoulder(R): 100/100 | Arm(L): 120/120 \/ Arm(R): 120/120 | Leg(L): 150/150 \/ Leg(R): 150/150| Head: 80/80 | Head Armor of Ithan: 50/50| MB: 320/320
Light Concealed LLW Armor (under W-F1) || M.D.C. by location; MB: 40/40 | Arm(L):15/15 \/ Arm(R): 15/15 | Leg(L):25/25\/ Leg(R): 25/25
Altess Eviscerator (Patron) || M.D.C. 500/500 | Regenerates 2d6 M.D.C./hour | Melee DMG: 6d6 M.D.C. | Electrical Discharge; Range: Touch or up too 200', DMG: 4d6, Payload: 4 (Regenerates 4 every hour)
Phase Beamer || Range: 400', DMG 3d6 or 4d6. || Does S.D.C. to S.D.C. and M.D.C. to M.D.C. and Force fields. Does not damage armor.

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 24%
Magic (varies): +3 (+1 @ 6, 8, 11, 14)
Lethal Poison (14+): +1
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
Insanity (12+): +1
Psionics (varies): +2
Horror Factor (varies): +4 (+1 @ 8, 12)
Illusions (varies): +2
Mind Control (varies): +2
User avatar
Scythe
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:40 pm

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Pertinax » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:14 am

<Rolls carry>

Armor
Loksuit Power Armor - M.D.C. by location
    Main Body - 115
    Head/Helmet - 50
    Arms - 50 each
    Legs - 60 each
N-F40A Heavy Force Field (Inactive: 480/480 min.)
Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Inactive)
Dreadmaster Mask
Combat Harness
Dreadmaster Pants
Dreadmaster Boots
Weapons
NE-RV07 Ripper Vibro Axe
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Talisman of Lightblade (Inactivate)
Relevant Skills
Object Read (Impressions: 62%/Images: 54%) -- 1d100 = 97/1d100 = 23: Sense anything from the fountain
Empathy (8:00/8:00; -4 I.S.P.)
Sixth Sense (Inactive)
Butcher's Bill (Cumulative)
-20 I.S.P.


The arrogant boy mage wrote:"Wait, I suggest having one of our readers attempt to read this fountain to potentially show any secrets it may have. I'll also extend my senses to see if there is anything concealed in this room, such as a door or hidden panel or some other secret. We can then try to move it, I have a spell that will aid you in its movement. As a this appears to be a dead end, it is likely a ruse to hide something deeper, or it is truly unimportant."

Pertinax stops himself from trying to pry up the fountain. He cranes his head to Scythe's level, staring at him through his tinted EBA visor: "Good idea."

He holds his hand over the fountain and closes his eyes. Is this another somber lesson in how these beings died? Or will this relic speak of the living? Pertinax pauses before conducting his object read. He looks at the mosaics and wonders if one of the individuals depicted had commissioned this work. It could have been commissioned by the founder of lineage to house his descendants, preserving a it even after its reign had long since past. Or did the last one make this monument to his dying dynasty, so that they would not forgotten. And yet, except for you they have been forgotten. Pertinax opens his mind, and hopes to learn more about the individuals that made the tomb and their motivations.

When he is done, he will open his eyes and look around the fountain to see if he can pry it from the ground. He kneels down and scans its base carefully looking for cracks and touching it carefully to see if it has any give.

The arrogant boy mage wrote:If nothing strikes him as odd, he will cast Mystic Fulcrum on Pertinax and Az Rael, touching them both on the shoulders as he extends his powers to two by touch while muttering the phrase "Mysticum Cardo". "You are now able to move more than you normally could, if this fountain was designed to be moved or hide something away, we should be able to move it now." He says to Az and Pertinax. If the two of them cannot move it together, Scythe will recast Fulcrum on himself and help.


Pertinax recoils at the touch, and steps away from Scythe as he stands up. "Stand back. If I want your help, I will use your skinny body to pry this thing from its foundation." It is almost possible to note a hint of that famous Tarlok affection* display to their comrades. If he sees a way of making the fountain budge on his own he will tilt it back and push it towards the nearest wall.

If he does need help, Pertinax will point at Az Rael. "Help. You look like you can lift more than a magik book." Failing that he will take a step further away from Scythe and say, "What is your next 'good' idea?"

* You are sitting on a hard stone bench in the hospital. The doctor says that you will need to stay an additional week before you can return to active service. Your mother wants to visit, but you have demanded that the doctors keep her from even entering the building. The shame of her seeing you like this would hurt more than actual wounds. Instead two of your sisters visit. Lavinyt asks if there the doctors let more worthwhile soldiers die to keep you alive. Druzza says that if you were a better soldier you could have taken twice as much damage and marched home on your own. You nod silently, sleg fusing your mouth shut at the moment. They are your favorite siblings.
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348/348
P.P.E.: 11/11
I.S.P.: 120/120
User avatar
Pertinax
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Scythe » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:01 am

[[Rolls Held]]

As Scythe casts Detect Concealment, he looks around the room and silently takes it in. Can't see much though this stone doesn't seem of the same quality as that found on planets such as Phase World. Possibly much weaker in composition. I wonder if it could be subjected to being shattered by magic. If this moving of the fountain fails, perhaps I will try that next. He thinks, as Pertinax does his Object Read.

Old Anti-social Elitist wrote:"Stand back. If I want your help, I will use your skinny body to pry this thing from its foundation."


Scythe scoffs, casting Fulcrum anyways. "Yes, yes. But being over-prepared is highly underrated and would you not like to save some of your strength by simply making it easier?" Scythe remarks.

Old Anti-social Elitist wrote:"What is your next 'good' idea?"


Assuming that moving it with brute strength fails and Pertinax asks said question to Scythe. He glances at the Tarlok, he shakes his head. "Aren't you like, a century old? Where are your ideas, old man? Or are they strictly limited to massacring people?" Scythe questions somewhat rhetorically, and before Pertinax can respond in full, Scythe raises a finger and nods. "Actually, I do have another. This stone seems to be weaker in composition to that found on other worlds. I may be able to shatter it with magic." Scythe states, looking to Az for a nod.

He will cast Shatter on the Fountain, muttering the incantation "Contreo" and increasing it's potency with his spacial augmentation. He'll cast it several times on several points of the Fountain to gain the desired effect if possible, drawing from one of his two batteries. If he determines the Fountain can't be shattered, he won't waste the mana.

Shatter
Shatter (5) – Contreo
Range: 20 feet (6 m) or by touch.
Duration: Instant.
Saving Throw: None.
P.P.E.: Five
This spell causes brittle, comparatively fragile S.D.C. objects, like glass, ceramic pottery, china, hardened clay,
sandstone, ice, peanut brit95 tle, etc., to instantly shatter into hundreds of pieces with a mere touch or mean look
(and foul intent). This spell is not effective against objects weighing more than 100 pounds (45 kg), Mega-Damage
materials, magic items, flexible or elastic materials (cloth, plastic, rubber, etc.) and substances with the toughness
of wood or better. Likewise, it cannot be used against living beings (Le. cannot shatter bone, claws, teeth or even
fingernails) or Mega-Damage beings.

With Spacial Augmentation, it should now be able to affect 140lbs of worth.
“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Scythe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)


Active Stats, Conditions and Equipment
Active Stats:
P.P.E.: 223/223 || I.S.P.: 42/42| M.D.C.: 97/97
Current Active Conditions: Horror Factor 10 || Fire/Cold 1/2 DMG || Regenerates 1d6*5 M.D.C. /minute || Sixth Sense (2) || Sense Magic in Use (400/ft) | Automatically Sense Rifts (700 miles)

Active Equipment:
Warlock Combat Armor W-F1 Model || M.D.C. by location; W-F1 Armor of Ithan: 100/100 | Shoulder(L): 100/100 \/ Shoulder(R): 100/100 | Arm(L): 120/120 \/ Arm(R): 120/120 | Leg(L): 150/150 \/ Leg(R): 150/150| Head: 80/80 | Head Armor of Ithan: 50/50| MB: 320/320
Light Concealed LLW Armor (under W-F1) || M.D.C. by location; MB: 40/40 | Arm(L):15/15 \/ Arm(R): 15/15 | Leg(L):25/25\/ Leg(R): 25/25
Altess Eviscerator (Patron) || M.D.C. 500/500 | Regenerates 2d6 M.D.C./hour | Melee DMG: 6d6 M.D.C. | Electrical Discharge; Range: Touch or up too 200', DMG: 4d6, Payload: 4 (Regenerates 4 every hour)
Phase Beamer || Range: 400', DMG 3d6 or 4d6. || Does S.D.C. to S.D.C. and M.D.C. to M.D.C. and Force fields. Does not damage armor.

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 24%
Magic (varies): +3 (+1 @ 6, 8, 11, 14)
Lethal Poison (14+): +1
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
Insanity (12+): +1
Psionics (varies): +2
Horror Factor (varies): +4 (+1 @ 8, 12)
Illusions (varies): +2
Mind Control (varies): +2
User avatar
Scythe
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:40 pm

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Alvidan » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:10 pm

Perception (29%): 1d100 = 51
JIC: 1d20 = 5
JIC%: 1d100 = 97

Alvidan turns his attention to the walls, possibly there is some clue there as to what they should be doing next. If they need his help with moving something, he will assist, though most of the others do not actually know it, he does possess supernatural strength.

Intelligence (64%): 1d100 = 14 To try to reason out any clues based upon the Mosaic

He thinks, possibly the sun symbol on the floor interacts or indicates. If there us some difference in the rays, it might matter...if not perhaps it means to start with the panel on the east and work around the room to get the whole story.
Alvidan
P.P.E.: 135/145
I.S.P.: 119/123
M.D.C.: 97/97
NE-BA 26: Main Body 90 Physical 20 Virtual/90
Visible Weapons: Phase Sword
NE-80 Slim-Line Lever Action Plasma Rifle
Shockwave TW Grenade Launcher (Patron Item)
Grav Pack
Constants: Impervious to Shape Shifting, HF/AF 12 if recognized (Atlantean), Sense Vampires (1000'), Sense Ley Lines (5 m), Sixth Sense
User avatar
Alvidan
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:42 am

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Raz I'Syul Arro » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:19 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 23/36%
JIC: 1d20 = 20; 1d100 = 55


Active Effects:
  • Sixth Sense
  • Horror Factor: 11
  • Keen Sense of Smell and Sharp Color vision
  • NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor: +5% to prowl skill; -70% to electronic perception/detection rolls; Masks IR and Thermal Emissions


Raz frowns briefly as he runs into what appears to be a dead end. Odd. I guess this place is not for the viewing of the general public. Now if I were a tomb maker where would I place the exit to a secret tomb?

Raz hears the radio calls and ignores them for now. None of them directly pertain to him. Raz begins moving methodically around the walls of the room looking for anything out of the ordinary, any slight discoloration or anomaly that my indicate a hidden door or switch. Raz will also be looking for scuff marks to indicate where something moved. This being stone work any secret door would leave some kind of mark on the stone. And someone had to lock up at least once.

If raz finishes with the walls without finding anything he will move to the small wall around the fountain. The possibility of a set of unseen stairs is not outside the realm of possibility.

Raz does see the efforts put in by the others and he pipes up, "I would recommend not breaking anything just yet. If there is nothing on the wall then our most likely exit is a set of stairs dropping from the fountain. However something like this does not respond well if we begin to pound on it or pry at it. It is simply a matter of finding the switch. If you wish to help please look for any signs or scuff marks...well ones we have not made, patterns in the stone work. Look for misshapen tiles anything like that could be a switch." Raz then goes back to his search for the switch.

Mechanical Engineer-- 1d100 = 21/50% (Raz is looking for the most likely place for a hidden door to be located. A place where the operating mechanism would be able to be concealed)
Raz I'Syul Arro

Sixth Sense
Horror Factor: 11
I.S.P.: 39/47
M.D.C.: 204/204
Half Damage from M.D. Fire and energy attacks (Including magical)


Armor
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 40/40
  • Arms: L: 20/20 R: 20/20
  • Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30
  • Main Body: 80/80

N-F20A Medium Force Field--OFF
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 75/75

Weapons
NE-11 Slim-Line Plasma Cartridge Rifle 17/20 (NE-003PC)

Crystal Paralyzer 20/20
User avatar
Raz I'Syul Arro
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:26 pm

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Bryke » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:17 am

Perception: 34% 1d100 = 46
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 14

Conditions:
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Doesn't breathe air and is immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and has eagle-like normal vision.
Sixth Sense
HF 10

When The Promethean materializes and is once again able to be seen, it thinks while looking around and moving to the circular room with the fountain in the middle,

This place is quite possibly void of anything useful. Curious... what if there is nothing here. What if there is another place on this planet that holds some information we seek? How would we determine whereto next?

Cuing the mic and speaking yet wondering aloud, “Gentlemen, what if there is nothing here of note? How could we determine - on this desolate planet – where we would even look to next?

The Time Master looks around the room for signs of life, or signs of movement within the room. Things like, scratch marks along the floor or walls, clean areas not covered with dust etc.
All the while planning to do a retro-viewing, but with no span of time to narrow the search it- an idea forms.

What about the images?

Bryke uses the images received during object read, to anchor the period and sense of time in its mind and thinks to use Retro-Viewing to glean information- vexed by the limitation of this particular incantation it goes back to looking around the room for any clues.
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 83%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.


PPE: 236/236
ISP: 14/125
SDC: 634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP: 155/155

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
User avatar
Bryke
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Consumer » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:03 am

Where did I leave my Shield

Date & Time wrote:Day 94 since departure.
Time: 12:30 PM Center Reckoning. (10 minutes since last post)
Temperature: Tomb 59 degrees. With zero humidity.
Weather: Cool and dry..


Skills
Az Rael: Perception

Alvidan: Perception
Intelligence (To try to reason out any clues based upon the Mosaic.): There are no inherent patterns to be found in the mosaic in the floor. To be perfectly honest you’re not even sure what it is representing. It could be the sun, a flower, a black hole. So Alvidan receives no insight from his investigation.

Bryke: Perception

Scythe:. Perception
Spell: Detect Concealment: Nothing seems to be mystically concealed.

Tessa: No skills used.

Pertinax: Perception
Object Read Impressions: 62%; Images: 54% (Sense anything from the fountain): Pertinax receives no impressions, and the image he receives is rather boring and static, of the fountain in its heyday fully functioning and actually quite impressive.

Raz: Perception
Mechanical Engineer (Raz is looking for the most likely place for a hidden door to be located. A place where the operating mechanism would be able to be concealed): See post.


Map

On the Planet:
Everyone

The group goes into investigation mode, looking about. Scythe casts a few spells, one of which is refused by Pertinax. Alvidan attempts to find the meaning of the mosaic in the floor, while Az Rael and Pertinax try and push the fountain, to no effect save a few new cracks in the ancient grout. Pertinax takes some time to get a mental image of the fountain through one of his mental powers, which inherently takes time. Scythe tries to see if something is mystically concealed, while Raz at first considers where he personally would hide a secret door if he had built the place, and while the walls seem like a likely suspect, Raz figures it’s somewhere in the central fountain, so he focuses his search there, but not before telling Scythe to not destroy things all willy-nilly. Bryke tries to help, but doesn’t find anything he’s looking for as the only disturbances to the dust in the room are from the Rogues it seems.

After a few minutes Raz finds a hidden switch under the lip of the fountain, a gentle touch is all that is needed to trigger the mechanism. A hollow gurgling, like a water pipe with an air pocket can be heard, before a series of metallic clicks and a soft grinding of stone on stone as the bottom of the fountain begins to partially descend, in sections creating a spiral staircase that goes on into the earth below.

When the party finally decides to descend down into the depths below, they are greeted by a relatively cool chamber. A channel of cool clear water flows underfoot. In the center of the room is an enormous metal sarcophagus, it’s surface casted to show a king lying in state. A pair of metal braziers flank the head of the sarcophagus, while a trio of statues seem to stand in judgement behind the sarcophagus.

Butcher’s Bill
Az Rael: Mystic Fulcrum (Duration 15 minutes),
Pertinax: -16 I.S.P.
Alvidan: -4 I.S.P.
Bryke: -9 I.S.P.
Scythe: Mystic Fulcrum (Duration 15 minutes), Mystic Alarm (Duration: 4 years, Keyed to Scythe), -25 P.P.E.



What do you do?”
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Raz I'Syul Arro » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:57 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 58/36%
JIC: 1d20 = 3;1d100 = 37


Active Effects:
  • Sixth Sense
  • Horror Factor: 11
  • Keen Sense of Smell and Sharp Color vision
  • NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor: +5% to prowl skill; -70% to electronic perception/detection rolls; Masks IR and Thermal Emissions



Raz smiles to himself as he presses the switch. Just needed a little patience. I wonder what the big hurry is. It is not like we are on the clock for this job. The exit is still open. Everyone is acting like they did when the ship was stranded. They know they can take their time now...right?

As the fountain gives way to the stairs Raz will key his radio, "See. Stairs in the fountain. Nothing drastic. Not everything is solved with force." Raz ironically says, being a ten foot MDC creature with a gigantic hammer at his hip. Raz makes his way down, hopefully following Scythe's globe of day light. Now this looks like what we came here for. a tomb like this might hold what we are looking for. Or it might not. We should be sure before disturbing it.

Raz will begin to search the area and inspect the outside of the tomb. Raz is looking for clues or indications of the shield they have been sent to retrieve. Raz will also be looking for other switches and possible hidden doors or stairs.
Raz I'Syul Arro

Sixth Sense
Horror Factor: 11
I.S.P.: 39/47
M.D.C.: 204/204
Half Damage from M.D. Fire and energy attacks (Including magical)


Armor
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 40/40
  • Arms: L: 20/20 R: 20/20
  • Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30
  • Main Body: 80/80

N-F20A Medium Force Field--OFF
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 75/75

Weapons
NE-11 Slim-Line Plasma Cartridge Rifle 17/20 (NE-003PC)

Crystal Paralyzer 20/20
User avatar
Raz I'Syul Arro
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:26 pm

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Alvidan » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:49 am

Perception (29%): 1d100 = 10
JIC: 1d20 = 15
JIC%: 1d100 = 61

Alvidan has not learned much from the murals before Raz finds the hidden switch. He comments in agreement, "Force should be the last resort. One can always resort to force, but going back after force is used can be difficult."

He follows down to the next level and thinks as he sees the three statues, This place has a theme similar to the Earth's Egypt I think, so three judges of the dead would be right. I can not remember what they are supposed to look like though.

He looks at the images to see if they stir any memories.

Lore: Demons & Monsters (60%) - 1d100 = 86 Closest thing I have to an appropriate skill.
Alvidan
P.P.E.: 135/145
I.S.P.: 119/123
M.D.C.: 97/97
NE-BA 26: Main Body 90 Physical 20 Virtual/90
Visible Weapons: Phase Sword
NE-80 Slim-Line Lever Action Plasma Rifle
Shockwave TW Grenade Launcher (Patron Item)
Grav Pack
Constants: Impervious to Shape Shifting, HF/AF 12 if recognized (Atlantean), Sense Vampires (1000'), Sense Ley Lines (5 m), Sixth Sense
User avatar
Alvidan
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:42 am

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Scythe » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:39 am

JiC: 1d100 = 100 / 1d20 = 8
Perception [38%]: 1d100 = 37

Constant Conditions: Sixth Sense (2, Inactive) || Sense Magic in Use (400/ft) | Automatically Sense Rifts (700 miles) | Sense Ley Lines and Nexus (40 miles)

Active Conditions: Globe of Daylight [2 minutes remaining]

Nothing hidden via magic, these were mundane or not worth the effort in their times. Scythe muses regarding magical protections or the like on this crypt.
Raz wrote:"See. Stairs in the fountain. Nothing drastic. Not everything is solved with force."

When Raz finds the secret switch on the lip of the fountain that prompts the stairwell descending below, though no one can see it, a smile crests Scythe's face. "Well done" He says briefly ...but don't get cocky. He muses glancing at Raz beneath his visor. This one can see the mundane ways; a good vantage point to have. He thinks as the group begins their descent. He rolls his eyes at Alvidan's comment, So he says now. Scythe comments to his blade.

Upon arriving in the relatively cool chamber, Scythe's eyes immediately fall upon the three large statues that stand in judgement over the metal sarcophagus. Narrowing his eyes, he frowns. Well, these to do not look unlike Golems or other guardian types. If created by magic, there would be at least some residue or lingering magic from their mere being that could be visible; knowing how much energy is used in their creation. He thinks. "Move with caution, these statues stand not unlike sentinels would. I would not be surprised if they reacted to our presence." Scythe remarks, and focuses his sight, opening his magical mind's eye to see magical energies, focusing in the direction of the sarcophagus and the three statues.

Glancing to Raz, whom has found both access points thus far, Scythe hangs back slightly and watches the others move forward, ready to react or move in as needed.

Lore, Magic, Recognize Enchantment [48%]: 1d100 = 22 (Do the statues have obvious enchantments akin to golems)
Detect Ambush [58%]: 1d100 = 57 (Watch for signs of an ambush, either from the sarcophagus/statues or other points.)
Prowl [48%]: 1d100 = 22 (Move unobtrusively)
“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Scythe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)


Active Stats, Conditions and Equipment
Active Stats:
P.P.E.: 223/223 || I.S.P.: 42/42| M.D.C.: 97/97
Current Active Conditions: Horror Factor 10 || Fire/Cold 1/2 DMG || Regenerates 1d6*5 M.D.C. /minute || Sixth Sense (2) || Sense Magic in Use (400/ft) | Automatically Sense Rifts (700 miles)

Active Equipment:
Warlock Combat Armor W-F1 Model || M.D.C. by location; W-F1 Armor of Ithan: 100/100 | Shoulder(L): 100/100 \/ Shoulder(R): 100/100 | Arm(L): 120/120 \/ Arm(R): 120/120 | Leg(L): 150/150 \/ Leg(R): 150/150| Head: 80/80 | Head Armor of Ithan: 50/50| MB: 320/320
Light Concealed LLW Armor (under W-F1) || M.D.C. by location; MB: 40/40 | Arm(L):15/15 \/ Arm(R): 15/15 | Leg(L):25/25\/ Leg(R): 25/25
Altess Eviscerator (Patron) || M.D.C. 500/500 | Regenerates 2d6 M.D.C./hour | Melee DMG: 6d6 M.D.C. | Electrical Discharge; Range: Touch or up too 200', DMG: 4d6, Payload: 4 (Regenerates 4 every hour)
Phase Beamer || Range: 400', DMG 3d6 or 4d6. || Does S.D.C. to S.D.C. and M.D.C. to M.D.C. and Force fields. Does not damage armor.

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 24%
Magic (varies): +3 (+1 @ 6, 8, 11, 14)
Lethal Poison (14+): +1
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
Insanity (12+): +1
Psionics (varies): +2
Horror Factor (varies): +4 (+1 @ 8, 12)
Illusions (varies): +2
Mind Control (varies): +2
User avatar
Scythe
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:40 pm

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Pertinax » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:53 am

Perception (24%): 1d100 = 72
JiC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 47

Armor
Loksuit Power Armor - M.D.C. by location
    Main Body - 115
    Head/Helmet - 50
    Arms - 50 each
    Legs - 60 each
N-F40A Heavy Force Field (Inactive: 480/480 min.)
Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Inactive)
Dreadmaster Mask
Combat Harness
Dreadmaster Pants
Dreadmaster Boots
Weapons
NE-RV07 Ripper Vibro Axe
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Talisman of Lightblade (Inactivate)
Relevant Skills
Object Read (Impressions: 62%/Images: 54%) -- 1d100 = 25/1d100 = 48: Read the sarcophagus in the middle of the room, find out who carved it, who visited, or who is inside (-6 I.S.P.)
Prowl (55%) -- 1d100 = 18: Approach the three statues carefully
Object Read (Impressions: 62%/Images: 54%) -- 1d100 = 9/1d100 = 19: Read the statue on the right for any information on who carved it or who visited this room (-6 I.S.P.)
Sixth Sense (Inactive)
Contingencies
1. Dodge any attack from a statue -- 1d20+2 = 6
2. Strike statue with vibro-axe -- 1d20+4 = 16/ damage -- 9d6 = 29 M.D.C.
Butcher's Bill (Cumulative)
-34 I.S.P.


The lizard boy wrote:"I would recommend not breaking anything just yet. If there is nothing on the wall then our most likely exit is a set of stairs dropping from the fountain. However something like this does not respond well if we begin to pound on it or pry at it. It is simply a matter of finding the switch. If you wish to help please look for any signs or scuff marks...well ones we have not made, patterns in the stone work. Look for misshapen tiles anything like that could be a switch."

Pertinax steps away from the fountain, and let's Raz look for a switch. "Fine. However, I cannot imagine what type of simple-minded idiot would put a hidden switch in a tomb." He sighs into his Loksuit when Raz finds the hidden switch revealing a staircase. Then into his radio: "Apparently this band of simple-minded idiots decided to put a hidden chamber in their tomb."

The lizard boy wrote:"See. Stairs in the fountain. Nothing drastic. Not everything is solved with force."

Barely hiding his irritation: "No. But it is often the fastest way to an agreeable solution."

The other neurotic boy wrote:"Force should be the last resort. One can always resort to force, but going back after force is used can be difficult.""

Walking past the Atlantean and towards the stairs: "Only if you are tactless and lack imagination"*

He follows the others down the staircase and into the lower chamber. He wonders who else would have entered this room? Is this a monument to the dead after all? Someone survived to make this tomb. Presumably, someone survived to use this staircase and visit whatever is below. Looking at the carved visage on the sarcophagus, Pertinax wonders if this was all built for in honor of the deceased in the center. Standing at the foot of the sarcophagus, he closes his eyes as he holds out his hand over it. After he is done, Pertinax will look at the statues.
Arrogant boy mage wrote:"Move with caution, these statues stand not unlike sentinels would. I would not be surprised if they reacted to our presence."

"Perhaps. But if we are to advance, we will have to inspect them to proceed." Pertinax approaches the statues slowly. "If it resists my 'interrogation', then be ready to turn it into rubble." He raises his left hand over the statue on the right. He keeps his other hand on his axe, ready to strike if the statue does in fact move.

* You are standing over the lifeless body of a Seleniak, strapped to a chair, blood trickling from its mandibles and tearing around its eyes. You stare at your Bloodleader, daring him to offer his commentary. He was supposed to teach you the subtle art of torture, how to use pain to extract intel from anyone. 'They always talk,' he had said, 'you just have to inflict enough pain.'
And he insisted you keep torturing the suspect, well after you had determined that it would refuse to give up any information on the Talaveran resistance. Now the Bloodleader is flummoxed. He had insisted that the Seleniak would talk, and the look of horror on his face is almost gratifying. Almost. He is your commanding officer, and he is training you for your own command. He will put any and all blame on your shoulders.
You turn to your Dreadlor and say, "Again".
He gives you a confused look. The bonding process happened earlier in the day, and the Dreadlor still has some autonomy from you. But after a second he nods and sends another jolt of electricity through the suspect. It's body arches up from the chair, smoke forming over its chest. And then it screams. And your Bloodleader imitates its screams in shock. One eye flickers rapidly, looking at the Dreadlor, the wall behind him, and then locking on you, its pupil a bead of fear.
You lean next to its head and whisper, "Give me one piece of useful information and I will let you stay dead."
"The abandoned temple 10 kilometers north of here," it gasps before slumping back into the chair again lifeless. You give a quick nod to the Dreadlor, dismissing him. Your Bloodleader will confirm that is where the rebels are stockpiling weapons.
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348/348
P.P.E.: 11/11
I.S.P.: 120/120
User avatar
Pertinax
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Az Rael » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:56 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 87 vs (55%) +15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% When dealing with Vampires or the Undead, +5% when pertaining to ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
JIC: 1d20 = 18 and 1d100 = 69

Current Condition
Integrated Sensor Pod, 360° scanning capability - +3 Initiative, +2 to Parry, +2 to Dodge, +5 to Roll w/, allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise.


Az Rael walks down the stairs and into the chamber, he looks at he statues and the large sarcophagus, "I wouldn't be surprised if this room is another ruse. We find the hidden room, it looks grand. We assume this is it. Does anyone sense magic? I would imagine even if they were dormant the magic would have to be present."

Az Rael take a moment to assess the situation, "My thoughts, we have another set of stair below the sarcophagus. Lets scan what is here. Big B, maybe take a phase peek in this one? [Raz code name], Why don't you start looking for hidden switches in here too, while the others see what they can figure out."
P.P.E.: 65 / 99
I.S.P.: 47 / 47
H.P.: 34 / 34
S.D.C.: 82 / 82

Perception Bonus: 52%
+15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% dealing with Vampires/Undead, +5% Ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
BA-26 EBA armor M.D.C: 90 / 90

Charm/Impress: 25%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 60%
Horror/Awe Factor: 12


Az Rael

Always On
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis (special)
  • Sense the Presence of Vampire and Vampire Intelligences (Special)
  • Sence Rifts and Ley Lines (special)


Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Commando lvl 5
  • Number of Attacks: 5 (+1 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • P.P.E.: Channel 15 P.P.E per attack
  • Initiative Bonus: +4
  • Strike Bonus: +6 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Parry Bonus: +7 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Dodge Bonus: +7 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Entangle: +2
  • HTH Damage Bonus: +4
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +3
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch: +5
  • Bonus to Disarm: +1
  • Bonus to Automatic Body Flip: +1
  • Bonus to Automatic Dodge: +3


Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Magic (varies): +2
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+):
  • Insanity (12+): +8
  • Psionics (varies): +8
  • Mind Control via psionics or drugs: +1
  • Horror Factor (varies): +9
User avatar
Az Rael
Group Leader
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:34 pm

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Consumer » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:14 am

Where did I leave my Shield

Date & Time wrote:Day 94 since departure.
Time: 12:45 PM Center Reckoning. (15 minutes since last post)
Temperature: Tomb 59 degrees. With zero humidity.
Weather: Cool and dry..


Skills
Az Rael: Perception

Alvidan: Perception
Lore: Demons & Monsters (Closest thing I have to an appropriate skill.): Not sure what you’re attempting here, so even if the skill had passed, I wouldn’t be able to give information.

Bryke: No Post this week.

Scythe:. Perception
Lore, Magic, Recognize Enchantment (Do the statues have obvious enchantments akin to golems): Nope, none is noticed.
Detect Ambush (Watch for signs of an ambush, either from the sarcophagus/statues or other points.): Not quite how the skill works, but Scythe is sure that if there would be an ambush it either will come from the corners where the water flows into pipes, or form some manner of hidden passage.
Prowl (Move unobtrusively) Scythe feels like he’s being successful.

Tessa: No skills used.

Pertinax: Perception
(Read the sarcophagus in the middle of the room, find out who carved it, who visited, or who is inside.)
Object Read (Impressions): Scrupulous, Sad, It’s a coffin, Dead, No
Object Read (Images) “The room is dimly lit by candles and lanterns, a low susurrus chant can be heard, it’s tone one of a deep sense of melancholy and reverence. A group of robed and hooded beings lay an ornate coffin inside of the metal sarcophagus, overhead the trio of statues watch silently.”

Prowl (Approach the three statues carefully): Pertinax feels like he’s being stealthy.

(Read the statue on the right for any information on who carved it or who visited this room)
Object Read (Impressions) Scrupulous, Sad, It’s a coffin, Dead, No
Object Read (Images) “The room is dimly lit by candles and lanterns, a low susurrus chant can be heard, it’s tone one of a deep sense of melancholy and reverence. A group of robed and hooded beings lay an ornate coffin inside of the metal sarcophagus, overhead the trio of statues watch silently.”

Raz: Perception


Map

On the Planet:
Everyone

Raz carefully looks about the tomb for signs of the shield the Galactic Rogues have been sent to retrieve, and while the stonework and the ornamentation of this place is exquisite, he finds no sign of the shield.

Alvidan stands near the entrance and contemplates the statues, but he can come up with nothing of use in his musings. (GM Question: Is your character from Rift’s Earth and do you have the History (Pre-rifts) skill? Because that is literally the only way you would know anything about Ancient Egypt. ~Consumer)

Scythe for is part looks about the chamber for signs of magic, but finds the place devoid of anything he can sense.

Pertinax spends several minutes concentrating on the Sarcophagus, his mind drinking in the information, whether it is useful to him or not is highly suspect. Pertinax does the same with the statue on the far right, but finds he receives almost the same exact information.

Az Rael for his part gives out some orders, while Bryke does nothing.

(Globe of daylight goes out rather early in this post, so I am assuming you are using flashlights. ~Consumer)

Butcher’s Bill
Az Rael:
Pertinax: -34 I.S.P.
Alvidan: -4 I.S.P.
Bryke: -9 I.S.P.
Scythe: Mystic Alarm (Duration: 4 years, Keyed to Scythe), -25 P.P.E.



What do you do?”
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Raz I'Syul Arro » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:27 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 12/36%
JIC: 1d20 = 14;1d100 = 53


Active Effects:
  • Sixth Sense
  • Horror Factor: 11
  • Keen Sense of Smell and Sharp Color vision
  • NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor: +5% to prowl skill; -70% to electronic perception/detection rolls; Masks IR and Thermal Emissions



Raz looks around slightly disappointed, but not unexpectedly so. Well if it had been that easy then it would have been done by others for less then what we are charging. Ok. Come at this from a heist mind set. Someone has gone through a great deal of trouble to keep all of this hidden. Our target is the shield. We do not know its exact location. The murals and other works of art have not yielded its location. The shield is not magical so it can not be tracked by the mages we have. Did Thraxus say what kind of metal the shield was made out of? Maybe a way to track the magnetic signature of the shield. Worth a try. I would have to get a background reading of the planets magnetic fields and create a filter. Might take too long. The radiation of the surface is making surface scans impossible. So Swinging back what is the purpose of this place. It is meant to keep people out for sure. But to what end? Is the shield of Thraxus really this important? If they went through this much trouble then it was likely an Icon for this world. Part of its history and lore. But nothing has been represented of it. I would hazard a look into the coffin. I really need a portable X-ray scanner. I can not believe I never thought to get one before now. Any way Let us see if this is the end of the line or if there is more to this place. There has to be more. As the light from the globe fades Raz pulls out his flashlight for illumination.

Raz will continue to move about the room. This time his search will focus on a any kind of hidden switches. Raz will begin in places similar to the location he found the other switches. Usually when places like this are made there is a pattern in the way things are hidden.

Raz will key his radio, "Someone sure went though a lot of trouble to hide this place. Seems like we are looking for mundane methods of concealment. While this is a nice chamber I do not believe we are at the end of our search." Raz will use his engineering skills and what he has seen in the previous rooms to deduce where another room or switch may be located.

Mechanical Engineer-- 1d100 = 12/50% (Compare the engineering of all the switches for similarities and where one might be located in this room)
Basic Math-- 1d100 = 16/80% (Using the engineering result above; Calculate the probable location of another switch in the room Raz is currently in)
Raz I'Syul Arro

Sixth Sense
Horror Factor: 11
I.S.P.: 39/47
M.D.C.: 204/204
Half Damage from M.D. Fire and energy attacks (Including magical)


Armor
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 40/40
  • Arms: L: 20/20 R: 20/20
  • Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30
  • Main Body: 80/80

N-F20A Medium Force Field--OFF
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 75/75

Weapons
NE-11 Slim-Line Plasma Cartridge Rifle 17/20 (NE-003PC)

Crystal Paralyzer 20/20
User avatar
Raz I'Syul Arro
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:26 pm

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Scythe » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:44 pm

JiC: 1d100 = 35 / 1d20 = 15
Perception [38%]: 1d100 = 13

Constant Conditions: Sixth Sense (2, Inactive) || Sense Magic in Use (400/ft) | Automatically Sense Rifts (700 miles) | Sense Ley Lines and Nexus (40 miles)

As the light from his Globe fades, Scythe initiates the lights on his W-F1 as he gazes around the stone cold room. Beyond my purview it seems. Nothing magical of note, forcing me to rely on others. He ponders to his blade, slowly moving around in the room, allowing those with other expertise free range. As is their purpose. You are not relying on them, you are using them for their skills to advance your own goals. He blade counters, and it's at this point a realization dawns on him that his blade has the same general attitude as his mentor does. Your input never ceases to amaze me. He pauses his internal dialogue as he gazes around the room. The first two switches proved to be mechanical or hard switches in design. He reaffirms in his mind. This cannot be a dead end; hiding a hidden passage within a hidden passage is not uncommon of the truly paranoid. What better way to hide a secret than through multiple layers of concealment with false positives. He states silently to his blade.

Raz wrote:"Someone sure went though a lot of trouble to hide this place. Seems like we are looking for mundane methods of concealment. While this is a nice chamber I do not believe we are at the end of our search."


Scythe nods in agreement. "It would seem so; this place doesn't even give off the slightest hint of magical energies. A world devoid of magic? Truly an enigma within this realm." He states, pausing before continuing his internal thought, out loud. "I believe you are correct; what better way for the truly paranoid to hide their secrets than by placing them within multiple layers of concealment. Whatever was laid to rest here could easily be a scapegoat meant to provide tomb raiders with a false end." He adds and will attempt to search the room using mundane methods as well.

Skills:
Intelligence [58%]: 1d100 = 2 (CRIT SUCCESS)(Based on what he's seen so far in their search through this tomb, where would be a likely spot to hide a switch/lever or other such item ;; or what could be opened by one)
Basic Mechanics [48%]: 1d100 = 68 (Seeing as so far, they have been mechanical switches; where could another be, or what could be opened/moved by one)
“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Scythe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)


Active Stats, Conditions and Equipment
Active Stats:
P.P.E.: 223/223 || I.S.P.: 42/42| M.D.C.: 97/97
Current Active Conditions: Horror Factor 10 || Fire/Cold 1/2 DMG || Regenerates 1d6*5 M.D.C. /minute || Sixth Sense (2) || Sense Magic in Use (400/ft) | Automatically Sense Rifts (700 miles)

Active Equipment:
Warlock Combat Armor W-F1 Model || M.D.C. by location; W-F1 Armor of Ithan: 100/100 | Shoulder(L): 100/100 \/ Shoulder(R): 100/100 | Arm(L): 120/120 \/ Arm(R): 120/120 | Leg(L): 150/150 \/ Leg(R): 150/150| Head: 80/80 | Head Armor of Ithan: 50/50| MB: 320/320
Light Concealed LLW Armor (under W-F1) || M.D.C. by location; MB: 40/40 | Arm(L):15/15 \/ Arm(R): 15/15 | Leg(L):25/25\/ Leg(R): 25/25
Altess Eviscerator (Patron) || M.D.C. 500/500 | Regenerates 2d6 M.D.C./hour | Melee DMG: 6d6 M.D.C. | Electrical Discharge; Range: Touch or up too 200', DMG: 4d6, Payload: 4 (Regenerates 4 every hour)
Phase Beamer || Range: 400', DMG 3d6 or 4d6. || Does S.D.C. to S.D.C. and M.D.C. to M.D.C. and Force fields. Does not damage armor.

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 24%
Magic (varies): +3 (+1 @ 6, 8, 11, 14)
Lethal Poison (14+): +1
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
Insanity (12+): +1
Psionics (varies): +2
Horror Factor (varies): +4 (+1 @ 8, 12)
Illusions (varies): +2
Mind Control (varies): +2
User avatar
Scythe
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:40 pm

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Raz I'Syul Arro » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:08 am

**Rolls Held Over**

Scythe wrote:
Scythe nods in agreement. "It would seem so; this place doesn't even give off the slightest hint of magical energies. A world devoid of magic? Truly an enigma within this realm." He states, pausing before continuing his internal thought, out loud. "I believe you are correct; what better way for the truly paranoid to hide their secrets than by placing them within multiple layers of concealment. Whatever was laid to rest here could easily be a scapegoat meant to provide tomb raiders with a false end." He adds and will attempt to search the room using mundane methods as well.


Raz stops for a moment at Scythe's comment and key's his radio, "I come from a world devoid of magic. It is uncommon to be sure, but not so much so as to be an enigma. You will never see one of my kind with the ability to wield magical powers. As far as I know the same magical forces that shaped my race into where we are now nearly destroyed us. My race purged all magic from ourselves in order to save our kind. We have been void of magic since. It has been so long that the stories have become muddled but the truth is there. I have never seen one of my race wield magic that was not given to us from an outside source. Like your talismans." Raz pauses briefly. It should have been a well known fact that Seljuk are devoid of magic. I wonder why Scythe was not aware of this. "Anyway let us continue looking for other avenues out of this location."
Raz I'Syul Arro

Sixth Sense
Horror Factor: 11
I.S.P.: 39/47
M.D.C.: 204/204
Half Damage from M.D. Fire and energy attacks (Including magical)


Armor
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 40/40
  • Arms: L: 20/20 R: 20/20
  • Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30
  • Main Body: 80/80

N-F20A Medium Force Field--OFF
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 75/75

Weapons
NE-11 Slim-Line Plasma Cartridge Rifle 17/20 (NE-003PC)

Crystal Paralyzer 20/20
User avatar
Raz I'Syul Arro
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:26 pm

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Scythe » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:53 am

Raz wrote:"I come from a world devoid of magic. It is uncommon to be sure, but not so much so as to be an enigma. You will never see one of my kind with the ability to wield magical powers. As far as I know the same magical forces that shaped my race into where we are now nearly destroyed us. My race purged all magic from ourselves in order to save our kind. We have been void of magic since. It has been so long that the stories have become muddled but the truth is there. I have never seen one of my race wield magic that was not given to us from an outside source. Like your talismans." "Anyway let us continue looking for other avenues out of this location."


Scythe shakes his head at the obvious misinterpretation. "You have misunderstood." He says plainly. "An enigma is mysterious; is a puzzle. For a people devoid of magic to go through such lengths to protect something provokes a question; what are they protecting? Also, what would Thraxus, and all that he is, have found of interest here considering whom he ran with in the old days. His adventuring days were millennium ago, was this world different then? Did whatever cataclysm that took place rip away the magic, or was it already gone?" He states, then thinks on it, still looking around. The mad mage was with him, what would he have found on this world. "And purging a world of magic, and being completely devoid of it, are two entirely different things. I understand the appreciation of the mundane where no mystical energies reside; it just seems odd." Scythe finishes.

Explaining your meaning to those beneath you is not something you need to do, Aevum. Let them fester in their own ignorance and interpretation of your statement. Their confusion gives you power; let them sit in doubt, so that when they are lost, they need you. Not the other way around. His blade states to Scythe, partially scolding him for explaining his meaning, and imparting yet another, unsolicited lesson. It does me no good if he, or anyone, are so confused by my words they miss a key revelation or insight here. Regrettably, these are not underlings; I cannot simply dismiss their statements. As allies, they need a degree of confidence. Scythe responds, and he can almost feel his blade mull over his statement.
“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Scythe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)


Active Stats, Conditions and Equipment
Active Stats:
P.P.E.: 223/223 || I.S.P.: 42/42| M.D.C.: 97/97
Current Active Conditions: Horror Factor 10 || Fire/Cold 1/2 DMG || Regenerates 1d6*5 M.D.C. /minute || Sixth Sense (2) || Sense Magic in Use (400/ft) | Automatically Sense Rifts (700 miles)

Active Equipment:
Warlock Combat Armor W-F1 Model || M.D.C. by location; W-F1 Armor of Ithan: 100/100 | Shoulder(L): 100/100 \/ Shoulder(R): 100/100 | Arm(L): 120/120 \/ Arm(R): 120/120 | Leg(L): 150/150 \/ Leg(R): 150/150| Head: 80/80 | Head Armor of Ithan: 50/50| MB: 320/320
Light Concealed LLW Armor (under W-F1) || M.D.C. by location; MB: 40/40 | Arm(L):15/15 \/ Arm(R): 15/15 | Leg(L):25/25\/ Leg(R): 25/25
Altess Eviscerator (Patron) || M.D.C. 500/500 | Regenerates 2d6 M.D.C./hour | Melee DMG: 6d6 M.D.C. | Electrical Discharge; Range: Touch or up too 200', DMG: 4d6, Payload: 4 (Regenerates 4 every hour)
Phase Beamer || Range: 400', DMG 3d6 or 4d6. || Does S.D.C. to S.D.C. and M.D.C. to M.D.C. and Force fields. Does not damage armor.

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 24%
Magic (varies): +3 (+1 @ 6, 8, 11, 14)
Lethal Poison (14+): +1
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
Insanity (12+): +1
Psionics (varies): +2
Horror Factor (varies): +4 (+1 @ 8, 12)
Illusions (varies): +2
Mind Control (varies): +2
User avatar
Scythe
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:40 pm

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Az Rael » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:56 am

Perception: 1d100 = 79 vs (55%) +15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% When dealing with Vampires or the Undead, +5% when pertaining to ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
JIC: 1d20 = 2 and 1d100 = 63

Az Rael listens to the back and forth between Raz and Scythe shaking his head. "We will have plenty of time for philosophy on the ship. After. We find the shield. Facts. Let's stick to facts. No magic. So far. Mechanical switches and mechanisms. This is odd, we are here for a magical shield. Does it not seem odd?" Az Rael walks to the sarcophagus and puts his hand on it. It is frustrating to deal with such trivialities. We are out of our element here. I need to pull them back in focus.

"I want to know what is in this sarcophagus. We either open it or we take a sneak peak. B, can you take care of that?" Az Rael turns to Alvidan, "Hidden, can you help with mechanics?"

Az Rael looks down at the sarcophagus, anger building inside, Useless. I should just open this damn thing now. We are tip toeing around like low level bandits. We are better than this.

Az Rael looks around the room frustrated, How does one lead when they don't have the skill required to do?
P.P.E.: 65 / 99
I.S.P.: 47 / 47
H.P.: 34 / 34
S.D.C.: 82 / 82

Perception Bonus: 52%
+15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% dealing with Vampires/Undead, +5% Ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
BA-26 EBA armor M.D.C: 90 / 90

Charm/Impress: 25%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 60%
Horror/Awe Factor: 12


Az Rael

Always On
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis (special)
  • Sense the Presence of Vampire and Vampire Intelligences (Special)
  • Sence Rifts and Ley Lines (special)


Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Commando lvl 5
  • Number of Attacks: 5 (+1 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • P.P.E.: Channel 15 P.P.E per attack
  • Initiative Bonus: +4
  • Strike Bonus: +6 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Parry Bonus: +7 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Dodge Bonus: +7 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Entangle: +2
  • HTH Damage Bonus: +4
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +3
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch: +5
  • Bonus to Disarm: +1
  • Bonus to Automatic Body Flip: +1
  • Bonus to Automatic Dodge: +3


Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Magic (varies): +2
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+):
  • Insanity (12+): +8
  • Psionics (varies): +8
  • Mind Control via psionics or drugs: +1
  • Horror Factor (varies): +9
User avatar
Az Rael
Group Leader
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:34 pm

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Scythe » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:16 am

[Rolls Held]

Az? wrote:"We will have plenty of time for philosophy on the ship. After. We find the shield. Facts. Let's stick to facts. No magic. So far. Mechanical switches and mechanisms. This is odd, we are here for a magical shield. Does it not seem odd?"


Scythe cannot help but pause mid-step and glance at Az. Yes... most odd. It's almost like I said that very thing. He chastises Az to his blade. "It is not philosophy; attempting to barrel our way through something without asking questions is a good way for the answers to blindside us later. As I had said, this world seems devoid of magic, yet there are layers upon layers of concealment and we hunt an item for a powerful individual known for his love of magical artifacts." He reaffirms before turning his head from Az as he continues looking for mundane methods of concealment based on what he's seen already. "Yes. It is most odd. Was this crypt created after he had gone, did he infiltrate it as well, did it get resealed by him, or someone else? The questions are nearly limitless, and we have no answers. Just a dusty crypt, so far."
“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Scythe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)


Active Stats, Conditions and Equipment
Active Stats:
P.P.E.: 223/223 || I.S.P.: 42/42| M.D.C.: 97/97
Current Active Conditions: Horror Factor 10 || Fire/Cold 1/2 DMG || Regenerates 1d6*5 M.D.C. /minute || Sixth Sense (2) || Sense Magic in Use (400/ft) | Automatically Sense Rifts (700 miles)

Active Equipment:
Warlock Combat Armor W-F1 Model || M.D.C. by location; W-F1 Armor of Ithan: 100/100 | Shoulder(L): 100/100 \/ Shoulder(R): 100/100 | Arm(L): 120/120 \/ Arm(R): 120/120 | Leg(L): 150/150 \/ Leg(R): 150/150| Head: 80/80 | Head Armor of Ithan: 50/50| MB: 320/320
Light Concealed LLW Armor (under W-F1) || M.D.C. by location; MB: 40/40 | Arm(L):15/15 \/ Arm(R): 15/15 | Leg(L):25/25\/ Leg(R): 25/25
Altess Eviscerator (Patron) || M.D.C. 500/500 | Regenerates 2d6 M.D.C./hour | Melee DMG: 6d6 M.D.C. | Electrical Discharge; Range: Touch or up too 200', DMG: 4d6, Payload: 4 (Regenerates 4 every hour)
Phase Beamer || Range: 400', DMG 3d6 or 4d6. || Does S.D.C. to S.D.C. and M.D.C. to M.D.C. and Force fields. Does not damage armor.

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 24%
Magic (varies): +3 (+1 @ 6, 8, 11, 14)
Lethal Poison (14+): +1
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
Insanity (12+): +1
Psionics (varies): +2
Horror Factor (varies): +4 (+1 @ 8, 12)
Illusions (varies): +2
Mind Control (varies): +2
User avatar
Scythe
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:40 pm

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Pertinax » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:29 am

Perception (24%): 1d100 = 51
JiC: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 9

Armor
Loksuit Power Armor - M.D.C. by location
    Main Body - 115
    Head/Helmet - 50
    Arms - 50 each
    Legs - 60 each
N-F40A Heavy Force Field - Not activated; Duration - 480/480 min.
Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Inactive)
Dreadmaster Mask
Combat Harness
Dreadmaster Pants
Dreadmaster Boots
Weapons
NE-RV07 Ripper Vibro Axe
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Butcher's Bill (cumulative)
-34 I.S.P.


Pertinax studies the images he sees from the sarcophagus and statue, despite the hidden switches and chambers, this was definitely a tomb. He sees the wrapped body being lowered by robed figures, he feels their saddness, and for a brief moment shares their mourning. Walking through a tomb from a long dead civilization has given the Dreadmaster a chance to reflect on the legacy of his own species: will they survive, what will they leave behind, how will they be remembered. Your pity is a distraction from the mission at hand. Find the objective.

He opens his eyes and hears an animated discussion on magic between the team members:
The lizard boy wrote:"I come from a world devoid of magic. It is uncommon to be sure, but not so much so as to be an enigma. You will never see one of my kind with the ability to wield magical powers. As far as I know the same magical forces that shaped my race into where we are now nearly destroyed us. My race purged all magic from ourselves in order to save our kind. We have been void of magic since. It has been so long that the stories have become muddled but the truth is there. I have never seen one of my race wield magic that was not given to us from an outside source. Like your talismans.

The arrogant boy mage wrote:"An enigma is mysterious; is a puzzle. For a people devoid of magic to go through such lengths to protect something provokes a question; what are they protecting? Also, what would Thraxus, and all that he is, have found of interest here considering whom he ran with in the old days. His adventuring days were millennium ago, was this world different then?"

The paranoid boy wrote:"We will have plenty of time for philosophy on the ship. After. We find the shield. Facts. Let's stick to facts. No magic. So far. Mechanical switches and mechanisms. This is odd, we are here for a magical shield. Does it not seem odd?"

"This is a tomb," Pertinax interjects. "A person of importance is buried here. There is something else going on as well, but this was built for the dead. And there is nothing mysterious about the magicks." Pertinax snorts into his radio. "They are dangerous and unpredictable. Do not trust what you cannot control to keep a secret." He steps back to the head of the sarcophagus and taps it with his king finger. "Perhaps they buried treasures with their dead, things that the superstitious would consider sacred. I can imagine that sort of rabble treating Thraxus' bedpan as a prized relic."

He then walks alongside the sarcophagus, his hand resting on the lid. He will make an attempt to help Rax find a hidden switch or panel. If none is discovered, then Pertinax will lift open the lid of the sarcophagus to examine its contents.
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348/348
P.P.E.: 11/11
I.S.P.: 120/120
User avatar
Pertinax
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Alvidan » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:48 am

Perception (29%): 1d100 = 22
JIC: 1d20 = 6
JIC%: 1d100 = 2

Az Rael wrote:"I want to know what is in this sarcophagus. We either open it or we take a sneak peak. B, can you take care of that?" Az Rael turns to Alvidan, "Hidden, can you help with mechanics?"


Alvidan nods, not answering out loud, as he considers the design of this place and what they have encountered.

Alvidan thinks, This reminds me a bit of the work of an Atlantean Stone Master, perhaps I should think like a stone master designed the place, someone who can move and shape large masses or rock.

Purely mechanical tricks, because the stone master has to be present to work magic, they can not put magic into things...well except pyramids and the like. That means there is likely a counterweight system involved.

Right, so last time it was a switch, this time...something that has to be lifted or pressed down, Alvidan decides.

He starts looking about for for something that would function as the end post of a lever, something to raise or depress.

Mechanical Engineer (30%): 1d100 = 29
Last edited by Alvidan on Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Alvidan
P.P.E.: 135/145
I.S.P.: 119/123
M.D.C.: 97/97
NE-BA 26: Main Body 90 Physical 20 Virtual/90
Visible Weapons: Phase Sword
NE-80 Slim-Line Lever Action Plasma Rifle
Shockwave TW Grenade Launcher (Patron Item)
Grav Pack
Constants: Impervious to Shape Shifting, HF/AF 12 if recognized (Atlantean), Sense Vampires (1000'), Sense Ley Lines (5 m), Sixth Sense
User avatar
Alvidan
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:42 am

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Az Rael » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:19 am

[Rolls Held]

Scythe wrote:"It is not philosophy; attempting to barrel our way through something without asking questions is a good way for the answers to blindside us later. As I had said, this world seems devoid of magic, yet there are layers upon layers of concealment and we hunt an item for a powerful individual known for his love of magical artifacts." He reaffirms before turning his head from Az as he continues looking for mundane methods of concealment based on what he's seen already. "Yes. It is most odd. Was this crypt created after he had gone, did he infiltrate it as well, did it get resealed by him, or someone else? The questions are nearly limitless, and we have no answers. Just a dusty crypt, so far."


Alex nods, "Can the mundane mechanisms be a ruse? Could they have concealed their magic? He said they were not a technical race when he was here last. Did they understand magic, maybe they revered it." Az Rael does his best to think if there is a way to conceal magic. He didn't mention a crypt. He didn't have many details at all for us.

Az Rael nods again turning toward Scythe, "At least if we were barreling through, it would feel like we were getting somewhere. Now we piece together puzzles." Death is so much cleaner than these puzzles and questions. "Brute force is simple. Thoughts. Questions. They can, go on for ever." Dammit, now I am philosophizing. Stay on Task Alex!

skills
Lore: Magic --General Knowledge: 67% vs 1d100 = 62 - Is there a way to conceal the use of magic?
P.P.E.: 65 / 99
I.S.P.: 47 / 47
H.P.: 34 / 34
S.D.C.: 82 / 82

Perception Bonus: 52%
+15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% dealing with Vampires/Undead, +5% Ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
BA-26 EBA armor M.D.C: 90 / 90

Charm/Impress: 25%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 60%
Horror/Awe Factor: 12


Az Rael

Always On
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis (special)
  • Sense the Presence of Vampire and Vampire Intelligences (Special)
  • Sence Rifts and Ley Lines (special)


Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Commando lvl 5
  • Number of Attacks: 5 (+1 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • P.P.E.: Channel 15 P.P.E per attack
  • Initiative Bonus: +4
  • Strike Bonus: +6 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Parry Bonus: +7 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Dodge Bonus: +7 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Entangle: +2
  • HTH Damage Bonus: +4
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +3
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch: +5
  • Bonus to Disarm: +1
  • Bonus to Automatic Body Flip: +1
  • Bonus to Automatic Dodge: +3


Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Magic (varies): +2
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+):
  • Insanity (12+): +8
  • Psionics (varies): +8
  • Mind Control via psionics or drugs: +1
  • Horror Factor (varies): +9
User avatar
Az Rael
Group Leader
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:34 pm

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Scythe » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:13 am

Tarlokian Humor wrote:"This is a tomb," "A person of importance is buried here. There is something else going on as well, but this was built for the dead. And there is nothing mysterious about the magicks." "They are dangerous and unpredictable. Do not trust what you cannot control to keep a secret."


Scythe glances at the large creature with a raised eyebrow. Your astute observation impresses me. He mulls sarcastically. I am associating with those who have no appreciation for the mystic or intricate ways. He resigns internally. "Only to those who lack understanding in the art of magic. From what I can tell, this tomb did indeed belong to someone of importance, but no king or revered leader." He pauses and thinks on the fact that this sarcophagi is hidden and seems to be watched over by guardians. "It could well be that whomever is buried in this sarcophagi is meant to stay buried. Not one in honor, but one laid here as a prison; an evil, meant to stay asleep." He finishes his thought.

Az wrote: "Can the mundane mechanisms be a ruse? Could they have concealed their magic? He said they were not a technical race when he was here last. Did they understand magic, maybe they revered it."


Scythe nods along with his train of thought. It feels like a ruse; like I am expecting these sarcophagi to erupt in chaos. Never been a fan of the undead; though that could come from a lack of understanding. Hmm... I am still feeling odd from the vision I had on the ship. Rags and stone, now in a crypt the sound could have been a sluggish undead. Perhaps this tomb hides something much worse. Scythe mulls over before responding. "There are ways to conceal magic, but I've not detected any magical means of concealment. They may not have been technological, but from what we've seen they had some basic level of mechanical understanding."

Az wrote: "At least if we were barreling through, it would feel like we were getting somewhere. Now we piece together puzzles." Death is so much cleaner than these puzzles and questions. "Brute force is simple. Thoughts. Questions. They can, go on for ever."


Scythe offers a slight nod of understanding. "Brute force is a simple path but not always the solution. I appreciate its application; but here, we seem to be amid a puzzle centuries in the making. Brute force could solve it as easily as it could cause it to collapse and bury our prize. I'd rather not be digging for an extended period of time through the rubble when subtler approaches may yield more. We can always fall back on force should we need too." He pauses before looking back at the large Promethean. "If our Promethean won't phase and inspect the interior, it is within my power to do so as well." Scythe states, alluding to his own power to phase which has been previously undeclared.

Skills;
Lore, Creatures of Magic [53%]: 1d100 = 18 (Creatures that sleep and remain undetected for great lengths of time / either by choice or by force)
Lore, Magic, Symbols/Runes [53%]: 1d100 = 4 (Does the sarcophagi have any markings indicating it potentially holds something within
“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Scythe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)


Active Stats, Conditions and Equipment
Active Stats:
P.P.E.: 223/223 || I.S.P.: 42/42| M.D.C.: 97/97
Current Active Conditions: Horror Factor 10 || Fire/Cold 1/2 DMG || Regenerates 1d6*5 M.D.C. /minute || Sixth Sense (2) || Sense Magic in Use (400/ft) | Automatically Sense Rifts (700 miles)

Active Equipment:
Warlock Combat Armor W-F1 Model || M.D.C. by location; W-F1 Armor of Ithan: 100/100 | Shoulder(L): 100/100 \/ Shoulder(R): 100/100 | Arm(L): 120/120 \/ Arm(R): 120/120 | Leg(L): 150/150 \/ Leg(R): 150/150| Head: 80/80 | Head Armor of Ithan: 50/50| MB: 320/320
Light Concealed LLW Armor (under W-F1) || M.D.C. by location; MB: 40/40 | Arm(L):15/15 \/ Arm(R): 15/15 | Leg(L):25/25\/ Leg(R): 25/25
Altess Eviscerator (Patron) || M.D.C. 500/500 | Regenerates 2d6 M.D.C./hour | Melee DMG: 6d6 M.D.C. | Electrical Discharge; Range: Touch or up too 200', DMG: 4d6, Payload: 4 (Regenerates 4 every hour)
Phase Beamer || Range: 400', DMG 3d6 or 4d6. || Does S.D.C. to S.D.C. and M.D.C. to M.D.C. and Force fields. Does not damage armor.

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 24%
Magic (varies): +3 (+1 @ 6, 8, 11, 14)
Lethal Poison (14+): +1
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
Insanity (12+): +1
Psionics (varies): +2
Horror Factor (varies): +4 (+1 @ 8, 12)
Illusions (varies): +2
Mind Control (varies): +2
User avatar
Scythe
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:40 pm

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Raz I'Syul Arro » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:31 pm

**Rolls Held Over**

Raz listens to the back and forth caused by his comments to Scythe with amusement. Not what I was intending. But useful. I was not immune to ego. I need to keep it in check. But seems like mine is not the largest one in the group. It is interesting how the magical people are more confused about the lack of magic then us non magic people are with their use of magic. I guess we have come to accept it. I wonder if I could make my pitch to everyone now? Is now the right time? not sure. However it would help them if we could have an additional goal over just completion of the job.

Raz takes a moment from his searching to talk, "I would very much like to keep any damage to a minimum. I would like to use this location in the future. Given the outside radiation and the underground nature of this place. I can very easily work this place into off the grid safe area. In fact I am hoping we can use this planet as base for a safe haven for the less reputable people in the verse. So please keep the damage to a minimum. Given this planets natural defenses and difficulty to locate I would like us to still be able to use this place when we are finished here. I believe with the right resources we can turn this into a both a second home and thriving business. Provide a safe haven for others with less then reputable business interests. Ensure discretion is charged for and enforced. All the information would pass though us giving us access to all the nasty little secrets floating around. That is far future, but in expanding our own power base this place would do nicely for that in the short and long term. Our own little part of the galaxy." Raz lets that last part hang in the air.
Raz I'Syul Arro

Sixth Sense
Horror Factor: 11
I.S.P.: 39/47
M.D.C.: 204/204
Half Damage from M.D. Fire and energy attacks (Including magical)


Armor
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 40/40
  • Arms: L: 20/20 R: 20/20
  • Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30
  • Main Body: 80/80

N-F20A Medium Force Field--OFF
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 75/75

Weapons
NE-11 Slim-Line Plasma Cartridge Rifle 17/20 (NE-003PC)

Crystal Paralyzer 20/20
User avatar
Raz I'Syul Arro
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:26 pm

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Pertinax » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:40 pm

<Rolls carry>
Armor
Loksuit Power Armor - M.D.C. by location
    Main Body - 115
    Head/Helmet - 50
    Arms - 50 each
    Legs - 60 each
N-F40A Heavy Force Field - Not activated; Duration - 480/480 min.
Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Inactive)
Dreadmaster Mask
Combat Harness
Dreadmaster Pants
Dreadmaster Boots
Weapons
NE-RV07 Ripper Vibro Axe
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Butcher's Bill (cumulative)
-34 I.S.P.


Scythe wrote:"It could well be that whomever is buried in this sarcophagi is meant to stay buried. Not one in honor, but one laid here as a prison; an evil, meant to stay asleep."

Shaking his head, Pertinax replies, "I have scanned several parts of this tomb, and I sense its purpose. I saw them bury their dead here. I felt their sadness. This is someone of importance. Maybe a king, maybe a priest, or the high decapitator, or the sacred prostitute, whatever they considered an important personage." He taps the top of the sarcophagus with his king finger to emphasize their significance of the figure buried below. "These statues are testament to this place's import, and only those that understood this would have been allowed to enter. They would have known." Do you know this places importance? Its secrets?

Scythe wrote:"Brute force is a simple path but not always the solution. I appreciate its application; but here, we seem to be amid a puzzle centuries in the making. Brute force could solve it as easily as it could cause it to collapse and bury our prize. I'd rather not be digging for an extended period of time through the rubble when subtler approaches may yield more. We can always fall back on force should we need too." He pauses before looking back at the large Promethean. "If our Promethean won't phase and inspect the interior, it is within my power to do so as well."

"By all means, look inside. Perhaps our quarry is inside. Or the next chamber is below the last skeleton buried here." If either Scythe or Bryke spies something inside the sarcophagus, Pertinax can lift the lid open.

Raz wrote:"I would very much like to keep any damage to a minimum. I would like to use this location in the future. Given the outside radiation and the underground nature of this place. I can very easily work this place into off the grid safe area. In fact I am hoping we can use this planet as base for a safe haven for the less reputable people in the verse. So please keep the damage to a minimum. Given this planets natural defenses and difficulty to locate I would like us to still be able to use this place when we are finished here. I believe with the right resources we can turn this into a both a second home and thriving business. Provide a safe haven for others with less then reputable business interests. Ensure discretion is charged for and enforced. All the information would pass though us giving us access to all the nasty little secrets floating around. That is far future, but in expanding our own power base this place would do nicely for that in the short and long term. Our own little part of the galaxy."

Pertinax shifts his attention from the sarcophagus to the Seljuk. He knows that everyone on this team an agenda of some kind; he has made no bones about his plans and the risks they posed to the team. It was easy enough to deduce that the mage is only interested in accumulating power, not caring how or to what end. Pertinax can tolerate this for this for the time being. The others had not shared their plans up until now. He did not have a problem with Raz's idea. "We do not know who else has been here. However if you feel this location is secure, then it may serve as base. I would not oppose storing weapons here for my own reasons." He pauses and looks at the others before locking his stare on Alex and Alvidan. "Another reason to be careful is so we do not destroy our exit. I do not want to get trapped in an alien crypt and die." He shudders. "That would be the worst kind of death."
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348/348
P.P.E.: 11/11
I.S.P.: 120/120
User avatar
Pertinax
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Bryke » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:38 am

Perception: 34% 1d100 = 95
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 74

Conditions:
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Doesn't breathe air and is immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and has eagle-like normal vision.
Sixth Sense
HF 10

The Promethean, hearing Az Rael, looks around this new area of pitch blackness as if lights were still illuminating the place.

Being This One, is a beautiful thing... one thing this one, wouldn't change.

Bryke then responds over the radio, “Wraith- doing Wraith things. Will spill the cans of soup, when done. Doing this takes much effort.” Bryke finishes, alluding to the fact that The Promethean has only enough psychic energy for this last ghosting, and will need to rest before being able to do so again.

Before once again activating D-Shift: Ghost[50isp, 6min, can move in any direction unimpeded but at a spd of 4] Dimension Book 2: Phase World pg. 33, and peeking into the sarcophagus in the middle of this chamber, in much the same manner as Bryke tried doing before in the earlier chamber.

Surely Pertinax can dream up more creative ways to transition... Boredom and obscurity therefore must be a death worse than deaths to the philosophies of his home world- Interesting.

Contingencies:

Bryke does not know of the "Ornate Coffin" inside of the Sarcophagus, however, when Bryke sees it via D-Shift Ghost, Bryke will investigate it.
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 83%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.


PPE: 236/236
ISP: 14/125
SDC: 634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP: 155/155

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
User avatar
Bryke
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Scythe » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:13 am

[Rolls Carry]

Raz Requiem wrote:"I would very much like to keep any damage to a minimum. I would like to use this location in the future. Given the outside radiation and the underground nature of this place. I can very easily work this place into off the grid safe area. In fact I am hoping we can use this planet as base for a safe haven for the less reputable people in the verse. So please keep the damage to a minimum. Given this planets natural defenses and difficulty to locate I would like us to still be able to use this place when we are finished here. I believe with the right resources we can turn this into a both a second home and thriving business. Provide a safe haven for others with less then reputable business interests. Ensure discretion is charged for and enforced. All the information would pass though us giving us access to all the nasty little secrets floating around. That is far future, but in expanding our own power base this place would do nicely for that in the short and long term. Our own little part of the galaxy."


Scythe nods. A secondary base would be a fine stepping stone to get out from the thrall of another. "My only concern is that, while it's known by few, it is known by our current employer. I'm not sure what he would take of it, and considering we ran into a squad of unknown mercenaries at the prison when I met up with Reaper, Hidden and Wraith, I wouldn't put it past Thraxus to have told others of this location. If nothing else, to test us or ensure his prize is found, one way or another. Should this place be devoid entirely of life, and we find no signs of other parties, I see no reason why we can't look further into this idea of yours."

When Bryke motions he will look inside, Scythe steps back and let's the promethean use his abilities. Better to not waste my own reserves when others can do the task. He thinks to himself, still studying the sarcophagi for any signs [See rolls in last post]
“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Scythe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)


Active Stats, Conditions and Equipment
Active Stats:
P.P.E.: 223/223 || I.S.P.: 42/42| M.D.C.: 97/97
Current Active Conditions: Horror Factor 10 || Fire/Cold 1/2 DMG || Regenerates 1d6*5 M.D.C. /minute || Sixth Sense (2) || Sense Magic in Use (400/ft) | Automatically Sense Rifts (700 miles)

Active Equipment:
Warlock Combat Armor W-F1 Model || M.D.C. by location; W-F1 Armor of Ithan: 100/100 | Shoulder(L): 100/100 \/ Shoulder(R): 100/100 | Arm(L): 120/120 \/ Arm(R): 120/120 | Leg(L): 150/150 \/ Leg(R): 150/150| Head: 80/80 | Head Armor of Ithan: 50/50| MB: 320/320
Light Concealed LLW Armor (under W-F1) || M.D.C. by location; MB: 40/40 | Arm(L):15/15 \/ Arm(R): 15/15 | Leg(L):25/25\/ Leg(R): 25/25
Altess Eviscerator (Patron) || M.D.C. 500/500 | Regenerates 2d6 M.D.C./hour | Melee DMG: 6d6 M.D.C. | Electrical Discharge; Range: Touch or up too 200', DMG: 4d6, Payload: 4 (Regenerates 4 every hour)
Phase Beamer || Range: 400', DMG 3d6 or 4d6. || Does S.D.C. to S.D.C. and M.D.C. to M.D.C. and Force fields. Does not damage armor.

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 24%
Magic (varies): +3 (+1 @ 6, 8, 11, 14)
Lethal Poison (14+): +1
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
Insanity (12+): +1
Psionics (varies): +2
Horror Factor (varies): +4 (+1 @ 8, 12)
Illusions (varies): +2
Mind Control (varies): +2
User avatar
Scythe
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:40 pm

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Consumer » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:47 am

Where did I leave my Shield

Date & Time wrote:Day 94 since departure.
Time: 12:45 PM Center Reckoning. (15 minutes since last post)
Temperature: Tomb 59 degrees. With zero humidity.
Weather: Cool and dry..


Skills
Az Rael: Perception:
Lore: Magic --General Knowledge (Is there a way to conceal the use of magic?): Yep, there are several ways to do it. But Az Rael isn’t exactly sure on the details.

Alvidan: Perception:
Mechanical Engineer (Looking for a lever?): See Post.

Bryke: Perception:
D-Shift: Ghost: Once Byke is in the 4th dimension, he slowly makes his way over to the metal sarcophagus. Even in this quasi-reality the structure weighs on the Promethean with the gravitas of finality that comes to all things in the universe. Bryke sticks his face through the metal, and finds the whole thing to be roughly six inches thick, before he hits a secondary layer made of some golden metal, but the fit inside the sarcophagus is tight enough that he can’t get a very good look at it. That coffin is also approximately six inches thick opens into the interior, where he finds it to be very empty, no cloth or bones, just a bare metal box so to speak. Having done what investigation he can, Bryke makes his way back into the real world.

Scythe: Perception:
Intelligence (Based on what he's seen so far in their search through this tomb, where would be a likely spot to hide a switch/lever or other such item ;; or what could be opened by one): On a piece of art or such, so far he doesn’t have much info to actually make a for certain answer.
Basic Mechanics (Seeing as so far, they have been mechanical switches; where could an other be, or what could be opened/moved by one): Not a clue.
Lore, Creatures of Magic(Creatures that sleep and remain undetected for great lengths of time / either by choice or by force): There is a long list, undead being among the top, but thus far no evidence to say it’s even a thing in this tomb.
Lore, Magic, Symbols/Runes (Does the sarcophagi have any markings indicating it potentially holds something within) No magic runes that Scythe recognizes.

Tessa:

Pertinax: Perception:

Raz: Perception:
Mechanical Engineer (Compare the engineering of all the switches for similarities and where one might be located in this room): See Post.
Basic Math (Using the engineering result above; Calculate the probable location of another switch in the room Raz is currently in) See Post.


Map

On the Planet:
Everyone


The group discusses the situation, the use of force versus finesse, and the idea of using the location for something. During this time, Bryke vanishes from sight while Alvidan, Raz, and Scythe look for hidden buttons, switches, levers, etc.

Eventually Alvidan and Raz narrow their search down to a small recessed stone by the foot of the leftmost statue. A quick push starts a series of mechanical noises, grinding, kluncks, clicks, and even a bit of structural groaning, before the central portion of one of the walls begins to slowly descend.

The group ever wary cautiously approaches the entrance and peers in. The room revealed has a much simpler looking stone sarcophagus, covered in a worn tapestry. Along one of the walls evidence of excavation can be seen, and on the floor near the rear of the room are two piles of metallic plates and other detritus.

Sixth Sense goes active.

Butcher’s Bill
Az Rael:
Pertinax: -34 I.S.P.
Alvidan: -4 I.S.P.
Bryke: -109 I.S.P.
Scythe: Mystic Alarm (Duration: 4 years, Keyed to Scythe), -25 P.P.E.



What do you do?”
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Alvidan » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:17 pm

Perception (32%): 1d100 = 29
JIC: 1d20 = 4
JIC%: 1d100 = 99

Alvidan's Sixth Sense goes off, warning of imminent peril. (2 ISP automatically spent)

His first impulse is not to face danger directly, so he concentrates in his Closed Eye Tattoo, turning himself invisible to most conventional senses. Invisibility and staying out of the way are a very good way to start with evaluating a threat before acting. He is definitely powerful, but not primarily a strait-up fighter. His strength lies not in facing an enemy, but in finding a way past their defenses.

After he is invisible, he will softly comment, "Something here is dangerous, be careful." if no one has already given warning. otherwise, he will remain silent so as to be harder to find.

Actions: 7, Initiative +3 (+6 from sixth sense) 1d20+9 = 14, Strike +5, Parry/Dodge +5 (+2/+3 while Sixth Sense is active)
Action 1) Activate Closed Eye Tattoo (Superior Invisibility) - 30 PPE (duration 50 minutes or until he attacks)
Action 2) Draws his Phase Sword, in close quarters it is better than a ranged weapon
Action 3-7) Waits and prepares to dodge (at +8) 1d20+8 = 15, 1d20+8 = 25, 1d20+8 = 22, 1d20+8 = 24, 1d20+8 = 12

Options: If the situations seems to call for it, he will activate See the Invisible, Nightvision, or Presence Sense to help him locate the enemy.
Last edited by Alvidan on Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alvidan
P.P.E.: 135/145
I.S.P.: 119/123
M.D.C.: 97/97
NE-BA 26: Main Body 90 Physical 20 Virtual/90
Visible Weapons: Phase Sword
NE-80 Slim-Line Lever Action Plasma Rifle
Shockwave TW Grenade Launcher (Patron Item)
Grav Pack
Constants: Impervious to Shape Shifting, HF/AF 12 if recognized (Atlantean), Sense Vampires (1000'), Sense Ley Lines (5 m), Sixth Sense
User avatar
Alvidan
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:42 am

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Az Rael » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:37 am

Perception: 1d100 = 86 vs (55%) +15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% When dealing with Vampires or the Undead, +5% when pertaining to ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
JIC: 1d20 = 7 and 1d100 = 31

Current Condition
Integrated Sensor Pod, 360° scanning capability - +3 Initiative, +2 to Parry, +2 to Dodge, +5 to Roll w/, allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise.


Raz I'Syul Arro wrote:Raz takes a moment from his searching to talk, "I would very much like to keep any damage to a minimum. I would like to use this location in the future. Given the outside radiation and the underground nature of this place. I can very easily work this place into off the grid safe area. In fact I am hoping we can use this planet as base for a safe haven for the less reputable people in the verse. So please keep the damage to a minimum. Given this planets natural defenses and difficulty to locate I would like us to still be able to use this place when we are finished here. I believe with the right resources we can turn this into a both a second home and thriving business. Provide a safe haven for others with less then reputable business interests. Ensure discretion is charged for and enforced. All the information would pass though us giving us access to all the nasty little secrets floating around. That is far future, but in expanding our own power base this place would do nicely for that in the short and long term. Our own little part of the galaxy." Raz lets that last part hang in the air.


Alex listens to Raz, Ambitious this one is. Indeed the cause would have need of secret places as well. Not much of a secret with the knowledge so pervasive in our own little group even. That is easily remedied. He smiles and says, "We don't know that it is a secret yet. We may still find underground inhabitants. Not that they couldn't be bargained with or even. Well, relocated."

Scythe wrote:Scythe nods. A secondary base would be a fine stepping stone to get out from the thrall of another. "My only concern is that, while it's known by few, it is known by our current employer. I'm not sure what he would take of it, and considering we ran into a squad of unknown mercenaries at the prison when I met up with Reaper, Hidden and Wraith, I wouldn't put it past Thraxus to have told others of this location. If nothing else, to test us or ensure his prize is found, one way or another. Should this place be devoid entirely of life, and we find no signs of other parties, I see no reason why we can't look further into this idea of yours."


Az Rael nods at Scythe's reminder, "That is a good point as well, we still don't know if we have competition on this or not." Focus Alex, one step at a time. Future plans are only feasible if we accomplish our current task Jolted by the thought of competition and reminded of the prison Az Rael feels a ping of suspicion. "Could your alarm on the ship be blocked?" Az Rael worries, Stranded on this planet would not be good. "Can you try to contact the drones back on the ship?"

As Alvidan and Raz work their way around the tomb looking for levers and button Az Rael keeps an eye on the path behind them. When they find the mechanism that opens the door he smiles, These two are proving useful. "Great work gentlemen!" Az Real looks back at the sarcophagus, I thought it would be under that. He turns back looking through the doorway, Such a simple sarcophagus. It would not temp grave robbers. could this be the one? Or maybe, just another decoy.

A z Rael turn to the group, "This is becoming routine. Same as the last three rooms. Lets check everything out thoroughly. I wouldn't be surprised this isn't another decoy." Az Rael starts toward the door.
Last edited by Az Rael on Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
P.P.E.: 65 / 99
I.S.P.: 47 / 47
H.P.: 34 / 34
S.D.C.: 82 / 82

Perception Bonus: 52%
+15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% dealing with Vampires/Undead, +5% Ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
BA-26 EBA armor M.D.C: 90 / 90

Charm/Impress: 25%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 60%
Horror/Awe Factor: 12


Az Rael

Always On
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis (special)
  • Sense the Presence of Vampire and Vampire Intelligences (Special)
  • Sence Rifts and Ley Lines (special)


Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Commando lvl 5
  • Number of Attacks: 5 (+1 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • P.P.E.: Channel 15 P.P.E per attack
  • Initiative Bonus: +4
  • Strike Bonus: +6 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Parry Bonus: +7 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Dodge Bonus: +7 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Entangle: +2
  • HTH Damage Bonus: +4
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +3
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch: +5
  • Bonus to Disarm: +1
  • Bonus to Automatic Body Flip: +1
  • Bonus to Automatic Dodge: +3


Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Magic (varies): +2
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+):
  • Insanity (12+): +8
  • Psionics (varies): +8
  • Mind Control via psionics or drugs: +1
  • Horror Factor (varies): +9
User avatar
Az Rael
Group Leader
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:34 pm

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Raz I'Syul Arro » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:31 am

Perception: 1d100 = 33/36%
JIC: 1d20 = 8;1d100 = 44


Active Effects:
  • Sixth Sense
  • Horror Factor: 11
  • Keen Sense of Smell and Sharp Color vision
  • NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor: +5% to prowl skill; -70% to electronic perception/detection rolls; Masks IR and Thermal Emissions
  • Force Field = ON; 75/75



Raz continues around till he locates the next button. His ego slowly giving way to his logical side, "Elementary. Is it just me or is this really easy? Like it should not be this easy." You always hope for the easy jobs but you always question or pass on them because you do not trust them. Just like this. I do not trust it.

When Raz see's the signs of excavation, "looks like you guys might be right. Looks like others have been here..." Raz tails off as his scales ripple with the familiar sensation of something dreadful about to happen. "Something is not right here. The danger just became palpable." Raz pulls back from the door for a moment to make sure nothing comes flying through the doorway and turns on his force field. Raz then look to Az, "So how should we proceed?"

Prowl-- 1d100 = 4/50% (-70% to electronic perception/detection rolls; Masked IR and Thermal Emissions From Armor)

Contingencies:
Should combat erupt: Init: 1d20+7 = 17; APM 7

If there are physical assailants: if melee or mixed ranged and Melee,
Raz will move to engage in hand to hand combat with the melee fighters.

Action 1: Move into melee range
Action 2: Move into Melee range or if in range HtH attack; Strike: 1d20+3 = 8; Damage: 1d6*10 = 40 + 2d6 = 6 =
Action 3: Body/Flip Throw; Strike: 1d20+6 = 11; Damage: 1d6*10 = 40 MD (-1 APM, Lose init)
Action 4: HtH Strike target just flipped: 1d20+3 = 13; Damage: 1d6*10 = 60 + 2d6 = 4 =
Action 5: Body/Flip Throw; Strike: 1d20+6 = 25; Damage: 1d6*10 = 30 MD (-1 APM, Lose init)
Action 6: HtH Strike target just flipped: 1d20+3 = 9; Damage: 1d6*10 = 60 + 2d6 = 7 =
Action 7: Body/Flip Throw; Strike: 1d20+6 = 8; Damage: 1d6*10 = 30 MD (-1 APM, Lose init)

See Auto-dodge and Parry at bottom of post


If there are physical assailants: if Ranged,
Raz will pull up his rifle and return fire using the door way for cover.

Action 1: Draw Rifle
Action 2: Fire at ranged target: 1d20+2 = 12; Damage: 1d4*10 = 20
Action 3: Fire at ranged target: 1d20+2 = 21; Damage: 1d4*10 = 10
Action 4: Fire at ranged target: 1d20+2 = 4; Damage: 1d4*10 = 30
Action 5: Fire at ranged target: 1d20+2 = 18; Damage: 1d4*10 = 30
Action 6: Fire at ranged target: 1d20+2 = 12; Damage: 1d4*10 = 30
Action 7: Fire at ranged target: 1d20+2 = 20; Damage: 1d4*10 = 10

See Auto-dodge and Parry at bottom of post


If there is a trap
Raz will do what he can to move out of the way of the trap.

Action 1-7: Move or dodge depending on the situation. Dedicated Dodge rolls: 1d20+9 = 10; 1d20+9 = 16; 1d20+9 = 10; 1d20+9 = 17; 1d20+9 = 19; 1d20+9 = 29; 1d20+9 = 17


Auto-Dodge: 1d20+4 = 24; 1d20+4 = 9; 1d20+4 = 8; 1d20+4 = 23; 1d20+4 = 8; 1d20+4 = 12; 1d20+4 = 24

Auto-Parry: 1d20+8 = 11; 1d20+8 = 25; 1d20+8 = 15; 1d20+8 = 26; 1d20+8 = 21; 1d20+8 = 23; 1d20+8 = 12
Raz I'Syul Arro

Sixth Sense
Horror Factor: 11
I.S.P.: 39/47
M.D.C.: 204/204
Half Damage from M.D. Fire and energy attacks (Including magical)


Armor
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 40/40
  • Arms: L: 20/20 R: 20/20
  • Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30
  • Main Body: 80/80

N-F20A Medium Force Field--OFF
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 75/75

Weapons
NE-11 Slim-Line Plasma Cartridge Rifle 17/20 (NE-003PC)

Crystal Paralyzer 20/20
User avatar
Raz I'Syul Arro
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:26 pm

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Az Rael » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:17 am

Az Rael wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 86 vs (55%) +15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% When dealing with Vampires or the Undead, +5% when pertaining to ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 7 and Original post: 1d100 = 31


Current Condition
Integrated Sensor Pod, 360° scanning capability - +3 Initiative, +2 to Parry, +2 to Dodge, +5 to Roll w/, allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise. Shadow Meld, Duration: 12 min - +15% to Prowl, totally invisible even to see the invisible, attackers are -5 to strike.


Combat Data

Skills
Prowl 72% (+15%) vs 1d100 = 86 - Move into the room quietly while staying in the shadows. Passed by the skin of his teeth

(Thermo-Kinetic armor, making the wearer's heat invisible to infrared and thermal optics)

Initiative: 1d20+6 = 13
Number of attacks: 6 (+1 shadows and darkness)

Action 1-2: Talk with team, move to side of door
Action 3: Cast Shadow Meld (-10 PPE)
Action 4-5: Move into room to evaluate who or what is in room
Action 6: Report to team
Action 7: position on target if they are in the room

Parries: 1d20+11 = 31, 1d20+11 = 28, 1d20+11 = 16, 1d20+11 = 26
Auto-Dodges: 1d20+4 = 11, 1d20+4 = 24, 1d20+4 = 22, 1d20+4 = 23, 1d20+4 = 21, 1d20+4 = 10, 1d20+4 = 21,

Contingencies: If Az Rael is engaged he will parry or Auto Dodge as necessary but will refrain from engaging with anyone to remain hidden in the shadows. While in the shadows he is -5 to strike per the shadow meld spell.


POST

Raz I'Syul Arro wrote:When Raz see's the signs of excavation, "looks like you guys might be right. Looks like others have been here..." Raz tails off as his scales ripple with the familiar sensation of something dreadful about to happen. "Something is not right here. The danger just became palpable." Raz pulls back from the door for a moment to make sure nothing comes flying through the doorway and turns on his force field. Raz then look to Az, "So how should we proceed?"


Az Rael stops mid step and looks toward Raz, "Danger? Do you know what kind?" Az Rael move to the right side of the door, making sure to look inside. "Defensive positions! If it is another group, they will know the door opened, but they wouldn't know we know. Take cover and wait to see what is in there." Az Rael looks around at the darkness and shadows and smiles. He cast shadow meld on himself. The team sees what seems to be Az Rael melting into the closest shadow. So nice! The shadow assassin slides around the wall staying in the shadows and observing the room in its entirety from inside.

Once inside the room if he sees anyone else he will text the group,

Code: Select all
"x" amount of targets. "left or right" side of room.


He will then move to a position that will leave the person/persons vulnerable to his attack.

If the group looks to be in a defensive position he will add that information to the text. If he doesn't see anyone in the room he will radio to the group, "The room seems to be clear"
P.P.E.: 65 / 99
I.S.P.: 47 / 47
H.P.: 34 / 34
S.D.C.: 82 / 82

Perception Bonus: 52%
+15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% dealing with Vampires/Undead, +5% Ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
BA-26 EBA armor M.D.C: 90 / 90

Charm/Impress: 25%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 60%
Horror/Awe Factor: 12


Az Rael

Always On
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis (special)
  • Sense the Presence of Vampire and Vampire Intelligences (Special)
  • Sence Rifts and Ley Lines (special)


Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Commando lvl 5
  • Number of Attacks: 5 (+1 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • P.P.E.: Channel 15 P.P.E per attack
  • Initiative Bonus: +4
  • Strike Bonus: +6 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Parry Bonus: +7 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Dodge Bonus: +7 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Entangle: +2
  • HTH Damage Bonus: +4
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +3
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch: +5
  • Bonus to Disarm: +1
  • Bonus to Automatic Body Flip: +1
  • Bonus to Automatic Dodge: +3


Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Magic (varies): +2
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+):
  • Insanity (12+): +8
  • Psionics (varies): +8
  • Mind Control via psionics or drugs: +1
  • Horror Factor (varies): +9
User avatar
Az Rael
Group Leader
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:34 pm

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Pertinax » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:17 pm

Perception (24%): 1d100 = 34
JiC: 1d20 = 20/1d100 = 72

Armor
Loksuit Power Armor - M.D.C. by location
    Main Body - 115
    Head/Helmet - 50
    Arms - 50 each
    Legs - 60 each[size]
N-F40A Heavy Force Field - Not activated; Duration - 480/480 min.
Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Inactive)
Dreadmaster Mask
Combat Harness
Dreadmaster Pants
Dreadmaster Boots
Weapons
NE-RV07 Ripper Vibro Axe
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Psionics
Sixth Sense (-2 I.S.P.)
Empathy (-4 I.S.P.)
Intuitive Combat -- +3 initiative; +1 strike; +1 parry; +4 dodge; +4 pull punch; +2 roll with punch, fall, or impact; +2 disarm(-10 I.S.P.)
Combat Rolls
APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 7
1. Twin strike; melee (presuming vibro-axe), strike - 1d20+5 = 12/damage - 10d6 = 33 M.D.
Pistol shot, strike - 1d20+4 = 102d6[/dice] M.D.
2. Twin strike; melee (presuming vibro-axe), strike - 1d20+5 = 12/damage - 10d6 = 33 M.D.
Pistol shot, strike - 1d20+4 = 102d6[/dice] M.D.
3. Twin strike; melee (presuming vibro-axe), strike - 1d20+5 = 8/damage - 10d6 = 38 M.D.
Pistol shot, strike - 1d20+4 = 172d6[/dice] M.D.
4. Twin strike; melee (presuming vibro-axe), strike - 1d20+5 = 15/damage - 10d6 = 26 M.D.
Pistol shot, strike - 1d20+4 = 102d6[/dice] M.D.
5. Twin strike; melee (presuming vibro-axe), strike - 1d20+5 = 25/damage - 10d6 = 25 M.D.
Pistol shot, strike - 1d20+4 = 102d6[/dice] M.D.
6. Twin strike; melee (presuming vibro-axe), strike - 1d20+5 = 8/damage - 10d6 = 37 M.D.
Pistol shot, strike - 1d20+4 = 152d6[/dice] M.D.
7. Twin strike; melee (presuming vibro-axe), strike - 1d20+5 = 12/damage - 10d6 = 43 M.D.
Pistol shot, strike - 1d20+4 = 82d6[/dice] M.D.
Contingency dodge rolls (use if Pertinax is aggressively targeted by enemy): 1. 1d20+8 = 16; 2. 1d20+8 = 13; 3. 1d20+8 = 17; 4. 1d20+8 = 19; 5. 1d20+8 = 23; 6. 1d20+8 = 21; 7. 1d20+8 = 26
Butcher's Bill (cumulative)
-50 I.S.P.


Raz wrote:"Elementary. Is it just me or is this really easy? Like it should not be this easy."

Pertinax recognizes his teammate's talent:"Yes. You seem to be adept at finding this tomb's secrets. As if you understand the mindset of an extinct species."

He follows the others down the hallway to the next room. The first had multiple tombs and was decorated with the history of a dying race, perhaps a hall of rulers. Below that was the tomb of one great man, perhaps the one that ushered a golden era. And now below that, perhaps the founder of a dynasty. And there are the discarded artifacts. Before he can dwell on the looting his sixth sense triggers. He uses empathic powers to pinpoint the danger, if possible.

He scans his teammates to see if anyone else senses danger. One of the Atlanteans has disappeared. And then Raz says:
Raz wrote:""Something is not right here. The danger just became palpable."

Pertinax agrees: "I sense danger as well." Then in as few words as possible he will rely what he senses to the others. If he does not sense anything he will add: "But I cannot tell what it is. Be on guard."

With his left hand he will draw a pistol, but the weapon on his right will depend on what danger is detected. If he senses the undead, or if Scythe warns of something supernatural, Pertinax will activate his Blade of Light. If not, he will draw his Vibro-Axe.* Regardless, he will avoid a fight if possible. He will offer any sentient beings a chance to surrender. "Weapons down. We have you ambushed."

He will not try to reason with a monster or a ghost, the encounter with a Golgan had taught him that there is no reasoning with the dead, machines, and non-sentient beings. He will attack on sight.

* [size=85]I posted combat rolls assuming he draws the vibro-axe, which seems like the more likely weapon. He will opt for the lightblade if he has any reason to believe he is fighting a ghost or demon.
Last edited by Pertinax on Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348/348
P.P.E.: 11/11
I.S.P.: 120/120
User avatar
Pertinax
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Scythe » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:42 am

JiC: 1d100 = 7 / 1d20 = 12
Perception [41%]: 1d100 = 32

Constant Conditions: Sixth Sense (-2 ISP, Active) || Sense Magic in Use (400/ft) | Automatically Sense Rifts (700 miles) | Sense Ley Lines and Nexus (40 miles)

Active Conditions: W-F1: Armor of Ithan [10 mins | 1st Charge] | W-F1: Presence Sense [30min | 120ft range | 2nd Charge] | W-F1: See the Invisible [15 min | 200ft range | 1st Charge]

"Could your alarm on the ship be blocked?" Az Rael worries, Stranded on this planet would not be good. "Can you try to contact the drones back on the ship?"


Scythe shakes his head. "It still reads as active, and even disarming it would trip it. I'll connect to the two drones and see what they see."

Scythe's eyes suddenly appear cloud-white for but a second beneath his visor before returning back to their normal coloring as he sees his allies opening the doorway. Shaking his head, he sighs. I've no idea what they are. Scythe admits to his Blade. It happened again? How did it go this time? Tessa questions as Scythe's sixth sense triggers. Later. We've an immediate threat in the area. Scythe states, formally drawing his blade.

As the others state their attention to the danger, Scythe hugs the wall and activates several of his suits effects before attempting to connect with the drones on the ship, just to confirm/deny the ships condition. He'll let the others take lead on dealing with initial contact of the threat they sense while he attempts to connect.

Skills
Pilot, Robots and PAs [65%]: 1d100 = 41 (Activate and see through the drones optics using the Control Gauntlet)

Combat:

Initiative: 1d20+6 = 9
APM: 7
Parries: 1d20+7 = 9 | 1d20+7 = 10 | 1d20+7 = 11 | 1d20+7 = 11 | 1d20+7 = 16 | 1d20+7 = 12 | 1d20+7 = 21

A1: Draw Sword and Activate W-F1 Armor of Ithan (1st use), move to the wall.
A2: Activate Suit's Presence Sense (2nd use)
A3: Activate Suit's See the Invisible (1st use)
A4-7: Activate the Control Gauntlet of the Drones and simply look through the optics of the Drones on the ship.

Contingencies:
He will reactivate AoI should it pop.
“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Scythe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)


Active Stats, Conditions and Equipment
Active Stats:
P.P.E.: 223/223 || I.S.P.: 42/42| M.D.C.: 97/97
Current Active Conditions: Horror Factor 10 || Fire/Cold 1/2 DMG || Regenerates 1d6*5 M.D.C. /minute || Sixth Sense (2) || Sense Magic in Use (400/ft) | Automatically Sense Rifts (700 miles)

Active Equipment:
Warlock Combat Armor W-F1 Model || M.D.C. by location; W-F1 Armor of Ithan: 100/100 | Shoulder(L): 100/100 \/ Shoulder(R): 100/100 | Arm(L): 120/120 \/ Arm(R): 120/120 | Leg(L): 150/150 \/ Leg(R): 150/150| Head: 80/80 | Head Armor of Ithan: 50/50| MB: 320/320
Light Concealed LLW Armor (under W-F1) || M.D.C. by location; MB: 40/40 | Arm(L):15/15 \/ Arm(R): 15/15 | Leg(L):25/25\/ Leg(R): 25/25
Altess Eviscerator (Patron) || M.D.C. 500/500 | Regenerates 2d6 M.D.C./hour | Melee DMG: 6d6 M.D.C. | Electrical Discharge; Range: Touch or up too 200', DMG: 4d6, Payload: 4 (Regenerates 4 every hour)
Phase Beamer || Range: 400', DMG 3d6 or 4d6. || Does S.D.C. to S.D.C. and M.D.C. to M.D.C. and Force fields. Does not damage armor.

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 24%
Magic (varies): +3 (+1 @ 6, 8, 11, 14)
Lethal Poison (14+): +1
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
Insanity (12+): +1
Psionics (varies): +2
Horror Factor (varies): +4 (+1 @ 8, 12)
Illusions (varies): +2
Mind Control (varies): +2
User avatar
Scythe
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:40 pm

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Bryke » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:50 am

Perception: 34% 1d100 = 65
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 26

Conditions:
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Doesn't breathe air and is immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and has eagle-like normal vision.
Sixth Sense
HF 10

When Bryke returns to the material plane The Prometheans Sixth Sense warns of danger. Immediately Bryke Invokes one daily charge of its Qlu'Bar Manica. Then simply moves (via space armor) above the floor about half a meter. Bryke places both its phase beamers in each hand bringing them up to a "ready-to-fire" position then speaks via the radio,

"Something this way comes."

If there were more area I would bring "Big Baby."

Contingencies:
Depending upon the height of the ceiling, Bryke's "moving" above ground will change. Does not want to bump its head on the ceiling so The Prometheans head will remain about 10cm from the ceiling if possible.

Bryke will wait to see what causes the danger sense to be activated and will view the danger first before moving into action.

Bryke will however be away from, yet pointed/oriented toward the intensity of where the danger is coming from.

IFF one of Bryke's teammates are caught off guard, or "flat footed" so to speak, Bryke will fly to shield them for the first round, while they recover.
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 83%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.


PPE: 236/236
ISP: 14/125
SDC: 634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP: 155/155

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
User avatar
Bryke
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Consumer » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:08 am

Where did I leave my Shield

Date & Time wrote:Day 94 since departure.
Time: 12:45 PM Center Reckoning. (15 minutes since last post)
Temperature: Tomb 59 degrees. With zero humidity.
Weather: Cool and dry..


Skills
Az Rael: Prowl

Alvidan:

Bryke:

Scythe: Pilot, Robots and PAs (Activate and see through the drones optics using the Control Gauntlet): Computer use, and read sensory equipment.
Presence Sense: Near, 2, Medium.

Tessa:

Pertinax:

Raz: Prowl


Map

On the Planet:
Everyone

Raz: 17
Alvidan: 14
Az Rael: 13
Scythe: 9
Pertinax: 7
Bryke: 0

Action One
Raz: Activates force field
Alvidan: Activate Closed Eye Tattoo (Superior Invisibility)
Az Rael: Talk with team, move to side of door.
Scythe: Draw Sword and Activate W-F1 Armor of Ithan (1st use), move to the wall.
Pertinax: Activates Empathy.
Bryke: Activates Cosmic Armor.


The group begins to move on their instincts, Raz activates his force field, while Alvidan activates one of his tattoos and vanishes from sight. Alex speaks to the team over the radio. ”"Danger? Do you know what kind?" Scythe draws his sword, and activates the Armor of Ithan feature of his armor. Pertinax activates one of his extra sensory powers. Bryke activates the Cosmic Armor feature of his Manica. The room beyond remains quiet.

Action Two
Raz: Continues to wait for orders.
Alvidan: Draws his Phase Sword
Az Rael: Talk with team, move to side of door.
Scythe: Activate Suit's Presence Sense
Pertinax: Tell people what he senses.
Bryke: Begins floating while drawing pistols.


Raz waits near the entrance of the next room, waiting for something to happen. Alvidan, while invisible, draws his Phase Sword. Alex moves to the door frame and continues to speak. ”Defensive positions! If it is another group, they will know the door opened, but they wouldn't know we know. Take cover and wait to see what is in there.” Scythe activates one of the sensory features of his armor. Pertinax shakes his head. ”I’m not sensing anything.” Bryke begins to float off the ground a few inches as the ceiling is only twenty feet high, he draws his Phase Pistols also. The room beyond continues to be quiet.

Action Three
Raz: Continues to wait.
Alvidan: Waits and prepares to dodge
Az Rael: Cast Shadow Meld (-10 PPE)
Scythe: Activate Suit's See the Invisible (1st use)
Pertinax: Tells whatever’s inside to surrender.
Bryke: Talk to Team.


Raz continues to wait near the doorway, as does Alvidan. Alex casts a spell and seems to melt into the nearby shadows. Scythe activates another sensory ability of his armor, and can now see Alvidan. "Weapons down. We have you ambushed." Pertinax says, but nothing seems to respond. Bryke activates his radio. ”Something this way comes.”

Action Four
Raz: Continues to wait.
Alvidan: Waits and prepares to dodge
Az Rael: Move into room to evaluate who or what is in room
Scythe: Activate the Control Gauntlet of the Drones and simply look through the optics of the Drones on the ship.
Pertinax: Waits.
Bryke: Waits.
Creatures: Stir from their slumber, as something has entered their sense range.


Raz continues to watch for something to fight or deal with alongside Alvidan. Alex slinks into the room, hidden in the shadows. Scythe activates the Control Gauntlet but doesn’t seem to be able to get a signal, which is unsurprising being two hundred plus feet underground. Pertinax and Bryke wait, while a deep rumble is heard. The two piles of debris slowly begin to rise, taking vague lumpy shapes with two arms and something resembling a head, it’s base is almost slug-like.

Action Five
Raz: Move into melee range
Alvidan: Waits and prepares to dodge
Az Rael: Move into room to evaluate who or what is in room
Scythe: Activate the Control Gauntlet of the Drones and simply look through the optics of the Drones on the ship.
Pertinax: melee w/ vibro-axe (Strike: 12; Damage 33 M.D.)
Bryke: Wait and see.
Creature 1: Attack Pertinax with Slam/Claw Attack. (Strike: 10; Damage: 40 M.D.)
Creature 2: Move out into other room and attack Bryke with Slam/Claw Attack. (Strike: Nat 20; Damage: 60 M.D.)


Finally having something to deal with Raz Moves into the room. Alvidan acts the voyeur, watching the scene unfold. Scythe fiddles with the gauntlet, trying to get a signal. Pertinax charges in and strikes ont of the creatures with his Vibro-Axe, scoring what would be a decent hit, though the creature seems unconcerned. (Melee or Range, never both. Rules don’t allow for it. ~Consumer) Bryke watches the creatures in the other room. The Creature Pertinax struck seems to rationalize it’s surroundings and slams a clawed appendage down on him, doing a considerable amount of damage. The other seems to take a dislike of the floating Bryke, charging out of the room and slamming it’s clawed appendage into Bryke’s floating form, the Cosmic armor takes the blow, but a few more hits like that and it might not.

Action Six
Raz: Move into Melee range or if in range HtH attack. (Strike: 8; Damage: 46)
Alvidan: Waits and prepares to dodge
Az Rael: Report to team (No point really)
Scythe: Activate the Control Gauntlet of the Drones and simply look through the optics of the Drones on the ship.
Pertinax: melee with vibro-axe. (Strike 12; Damage 33 M.D.)
Bryke: Watch.
Creature 1: Attack Raz with Slam/Claw Attack. (Strike: 14; Damage: 30 M.D.) (Auto-Dodged)
Creature 2: Attack Bryke with Slam/Claw Attack. (Strike: Nat 20; Damage: 40 M.D.)


Raz flanks the creature in the new room, and slams into it. Again a mighty blow that it seems unconcerned about. Alvidan continues to watch the fight unfold. Alex prepares to say something, but figures the damage is done. Scythe continues trying unsuccessfully to see what is going on topside. Pertinax lands another blow on the creature, chunks of debris fall off of it. Bryke seems unconcerned by the creature hitting him. The creature near Pertinax and Raz, swings at Raz, who sidesteps the blow, while the one near Bryke slams into him once more.

Action Seven
Raz: Body/Flip Throw. (Strike 11; Damage: 40 M.D. (-1 APM, Lose init)) (Auto-Fails)
Alvidan: Waits and prepares to dodge
Az Rael: position on target if they are in the room
Scythe: Activate the Control Gauntlet of the Drones and simply look through the optics of the Drones on the ship.
Pertinax: Melee with vibro-axe. (Strike: 8; Damage: 38 M.D.)
Bryke: Watch.
Creature 1: Attack Pertinax with Slam/Claw Attack. (Strike: 23; Damage: 20 M.D.)
Creature 2: Attack Bryke with Slam/Claw Attack. (Strike: 24; Damage: 10 M.D.)


Raz tries to flip the creature, but finds it’s amorphous nature doesn’t allow for it, though he does knock more of it’s debris armor off. Alvidan continues to watch. Alex moves into position near the creature. Scythe gives the gauntlet one more try and gets the same result. Pertinax scores another blow, it seems almost unstoppable. Bryke continues to observe, while the creature in the other room slams Pertinax once more, and the one near him strikes his Cosmic Armor once more.

Butcher’s Bill
Az Rael:
Pertinax: Armor: Main Body: -60 M.D.C., -34 I.S.P.
Alvidan: -4 I.S.P.
Bryke: Cosmic Armor: -110 M.D.C., -109 I.S.P.
Scythe: Mystic Alarm (Duration: 4 years, Keyed to Scythe), -25 P.P.E.



What do you do?”
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Az Rael » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:56 am

Perception: 1d100 = 25 vs (55%) +15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% When dealing with Vampires or the Undead, +5% when pertaining to ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
JIC: 1d20 = 7 and 1d100 = 30

Current Condition
Integrated Sensor Pod, 360° scanning capability - +3 Initiative, +2 to Parry, +2 to Dodge, +5 to Roll w/, allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise., Armor of Ithan: 30/30 MDC, 3 min remain, Shade Sword: 12 in remain, Damage: 6d6, Shadow Meld, Duration: 11:45 min - +15% to Prowl, totally invisible even to see the invisible, attackers are -5 to strike

Butcher Bill Az Rael
PPE: -10

Combat Data

Skills
Prowl 72% (+15%) vs 1d100 = 8 - Stay Silent till the time he attacks. Passed
Lore: Magic --General Knowledge: 72% vs 1d100 = 93 - Does Az Rael recognize the creature? Failed
Lore: Demons & Monsters 77% vs 1d100 = 22 - Does Az Rael recognize the creature? Passed

(Thermo-Kinetic armor, making the wearer's heat invisible to infrared and thermal optics)

Initiative: 1d20+9 = 25
Number of attacks: 6 (+1 shadows and darkness)

Action 1: Activate Armor of Ithan Talisman (3 min, 30 MDC), Drop Rifle
Action 2: Cast Shade Sword (-22 PPE), Damage: 6d6, Duration: 12 min
Action 3: Activate Light Blade Talisman (3 min, Damage: 1d4x10+3)
Action 4: Strike With Shade Sword and Light Blade
Shade Sword: Strike 1d20+12 = 20, Damage 6d6 = 23, Light Blade: Strike 1d20+13 = 27, Damage 1d4*10 = 40+3 = 43
Action 5: Strike With Shade Sword and Light Blade
Shade Sword: Strike 1d20+12 = 16, Damage 6d6 = 23, Light Blade: Strike 1d20+13 = 22, Damage 1d4*10 = 10+3 = 13
Action 6: Strike With Shade Sword and Light Blade
Shade Sword: Strike 1d20+12 = 13, Damage 6d6 = 21, Light Blade: Strike 1d20+13 = 15, Damage 1d4*10 = 20+3 = 23
Action 7: Strike With Shade Sword and Light Blade
Shade Sword: Strike 1d20+12 = 18, Damage 6d6 = 16, Light Blade: Strike 1d20+13 = 16, Damage 1d4*10 = 10+3 = 13

*Shade Sword Notes for GM: Those who fail not only take damage, but fight at -2 to strike and parry for the next melee round. Anyone receiving multiple hits from a Shadesword must save vs magic for each, or suffer a cumulative negative bonus for an extended duration (one melee per each strike by the sword).

Parries: None, using dual weapons
Auto-Dodges: 1d20+4 = 14, 1d20+4 = 15, 1d20+4 = 24, 1d20+4 = 22, 1d20+4 = 15, 1d20+4 = 9, 1d20+4 = 24,

Contingencies: If Az Rael begins to take overwhelming damage he will move to a defensive posture, dodging and parrying as necessary.
Dodge: 1d20+13 = 33, 1d20+13 = 20, 1d20+13 = 26, 1d20+13 = 15
Parry With Swords: 1d20+13 = 32, 1d20+13 = 33, 1d20+13 = 29, 1d20+13 = 28

If he kills the first creature and has attacks left he will continue on tot he next.


POST

Az Rael see the team engage the creatures and is disappointed to see such outward frontal attack. Not what I had envisioned. Standing in the shadows he decides, Nothing to lose now. He reaches for the talisman Scythe gave him and activates his Armor of Ithan while dropping his rifle. To close for weapons fire. Don't want to collapse the structure around us.

Az Rael smiles as his skill set finally becomes useful, he opens his right hand and speaks, "Ferrum Nocte!" A blade of pure darkness appears in his hand, Az Rael heads cocks back slightly as he feels the power erupt. His back stiffens and he presses his chest forward. He reaches for the light blade Talisman with his left hand activating it for use in his left hand. Looking down he is not blind to the contradiction he now wields as a weapon. He feels this contradiction in himself, the draw of darkness and the shadows contradicting with the light of his life, his soul and his mission.

Az Rael moves to the creature in the room with him, bent on destruction. He strikes with both swords, bring them together in a crossing pattern, intent on killing the creature attacking his team. Forgoing any direct defensive moves he strikes again, crossing the swords in reverse, solely dependent on his ability to dodge any incoming attack out of shear reaction. Again and again he attacks the creature, calmly talking to it, "Be free creature, It is time for me to usher you to the other side. Allow me to guide you to your god."
Last edited by Az Rael on Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
P.P.E.: 65 / 99
I.S.P.: 47 / 47
H.P.: 34 / 34
S.D.C.: 82 / 82

Perception Bonus: 52%
+15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% dealing with Vampires/Undead, +5% Ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
BA-26 EBA armor M.D.C: 90 / 90

Charm/Impress: 25%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 60%
Horror/Awe Factor: 12


Az Rael

Always On
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis (special)
  • Sense the Presence of Vampire and Vampire Intelligences (Special)
  • Sence Rifts and Ley Lines (special)


Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Commando lvl 5
  • Number of Attacks: 5 (+1 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • P.P.E.: Channel 15 P.P.E per attack
  • Initiative Bonus: +4
  • Strike Bonus: +6 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Parry Bonus: +7 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Dodge Bonus: +7 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Entangle: +2
  • HTH Damage Bonus: +4
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +3
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch: +5
  • Bonus to Disarm: +1
  • Bonus to Automatic Body Flip: +1
  • Bonus to Automatic Dodge: +3


Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Magic (varies): +2
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+):
  • Insanity (12+): +8
  • Psionics (varies): +8
  • Mind Control via psionics or drugs: +1
  • Horror Factor (varies): +9
User avatar
Az Rael
Group Leader
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:34 pm

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Scythe » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:00 am

JiC: 1d100 = 65 / 1d20 = 6
Perception [41%]: 1d100 = 10

Conditions: Sixth Sense (-2 ISP, Active) || Sense Magic in Use (400/ft) | Automatically Sense Rifts (700 miles) | Sense Ley Lines and Nexus (40 miles) | W-F1: Armor of Ithan [9:45 mins | 1st Charge] | W-F1: Presence Sense [29:45min | 120ft range | 2nd Charge] | W-F1: See the Invisible [14:45 min | 200ft range | 1st Charge]

Combat
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 13
APM: 7
Parries: 1d20+5 = 17 | 1d20+5 = 25 | 1d20+5 = 15 | 1d20+5 = 6 | 1d20+5 = 20 | 1d20+5 = 12 | 1d20+5 = 12

A1: Communicate and move, attempt to assess the enemies.
A2: Lob an Orb of Cold (-6 PPE) at the one on Bryke. Strike: 1d20+4 = 18 | DMG: 3d6 = 9 M.D.C. | Numb: 1d4 = 4 Melees
A3: Electrical Arc (-8 PPE)at the one on Bryke. Strike: 1d20+5 = 16 | DMG: 2d6 = 8 M.D.C.
A4: Firebolt (-7 PPE) at the one on Bryke. 1d20+7 = 27 | DMG: 4d6 = 12 M.D.C.
A5: Mental Blast (-15 PPE) at the one on Bryke. Strike: [Save vs Psionic] | DMG: 5d6 = 15 M.D.C. or H.P. | Disorientation
A6: Reserved for Dodge: 1d20+3 = 22
A7: Reserved for Dodge: 1d20+3 = 5

Contingency:
Scythe will tap his Talisman's AoI should his suit's first one fail and sacrifice an action.

If Scythe determines that one spell is more effective than another, he'll cease trial and error and relay to the group what he found to be effective.

Skill Dump:
Lore, Magic [58%]: 1d100 = 56 (What are these things, possible weaknesses he might be able to exploit?)
Lore, Galactic/Alien [63%]: 1d100 = 35 (What are these things, possible weaknesses he might be able to exploit?)
Lore, Dimensions [68%]: 1d100 = 28 (What are these things, possible weaknesses he might be able to exploit?)
Lore, Monsters/Demons [63%]: 1d100 = 48 (What are these things, possible weaknesses he might be able to exploit?)
Lore, Creatures of Magic [58%]: 1d100 = 50 (What are these things, possible weaknesses he might be able to exploit?)
Lore, Psionics/Psychics [48%]: 1d100 = 20 (What are these things, possible weaknesses he might be able to exploit?)

Prowl [53%]: 1d100 = 70 (Move softly, avoid attracting attention)
Intelligence [63%]: 1d100 = 39 (Watch and see what seems to do the most damage, look for weak points)


Post

Scythe scowls as he is unable to connect with the drones but resigns to the fact they are too deep and that he must trust his Mystic Alarm to be true. Triggering his radio, "I can't connect with the drone's on the ship, we're too deep. Two targets with us." He says, moving in, following his suit's senses and spotting the anomalous enemies. Watching the scene unfold, Scythe decides to stick to ranged spell effects while trying to figure out what these things are and if they have any weaknesses. He's ready to parry any attacks leveled to him or dodge should he need to.

Let's see how you like the different elements. Scythe mentally decides his order of attacks.

If Scythe can determine a weakness from either his skill checks or his varying attacks, he will relay it to the group via radio.
“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Scythe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)


Active Stats, Conditions and Equipment
Active Stats:
P.P.E.: 223/223 || I.S.P.: 42/42| M.D.C.: 97/97
Current Active Conditions: Horror Factor 10 || Fire/Cold 1/2 DMG || Regenerates 1d6*5 M.D.C. /minute || Sixth Sense (2) || Sense Magic in Use (400/ft) | Automatically Sense Rifts (700 miles)

Active Equipment:
Warlock Combat Armor W-F1 Model || M.D.C. by location; W-F1 Armor of Ithan: 100/100 | Shoulder(L): 100/100 \/ Shoulder(R): 100/100 | Arm(L): 120/120 \/ Arm(R): 120/120 | Leg(L): 150/150 \/ Leg(R): 150/150| Head: 80/80 | Head Armor of Ithan: 50/50| MB: 320/320
Light Concealed LLW Armor (under W-F1) || M.D.C. by location; MB: 40/40 | Arm(L):15/15 \/ Arm(R): 15/15 | Leg(L):25/25\/ Leg(R): 25/25
Altess Eviscerator (Patron) || M.D.C. 500/500 | Regenerates 2d6 M.D.C./hour | Melee DMG: 6d6 M.D.C. | Electrical Discharge; Range: Touch or up too 200', DMG: 4d6, Payload: 4 (Regenerates 4 every hour)
Phase Beamer || Range: 400', DMG 3d6 or 4d6. || Does S.D.C. to S.D.C. and M.D.C. to M.D.C. and Force fields. Does not damage armor.

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 24%
Magic (varies): +3 (+1 @ 6, 8, 11, 14)
Lethal Poison (14+): +1
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
Insanity (12+): +1
Psionics (varies): +2
Horror Factor (varies): +4 (+1 @ 8, 12)
Illusions (varies): +2
Mind Control (varies): +2
User avatar
Scythe
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:40 pm

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Alvidan » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:16 am

Perception (32%): 1d100 = 17
JIC: 1d20 = 8
JIC%: 1d100 = 40

Alvidan has taken a few seconds observing, These are hard to judge. They could be some kind of living creature that is able to disguise itself, they could be something supernatural that animates a body of available materials, or they could be the product of some kind of trap spell I have not encountered before, or possibly they are some kind of robot with a very strange disguise. No matter which they are though, normal weapons do not seem to work on them. At times like this, I wish I had some form of direct psychic attack, Telekinetic Acceleration Attacks do not do direct psychic damage. Not enough room in here for the Psi-hawk and us...though the psi-talons might be worth trying if nothing else works. For now, we will try the one weapon every Atlantean knows I have.

He concentrates, and manifests his Ahriman blade, his clan Mark of Heritage, and then moves into position to attack the enemy attacking Bryke, hopefully he can quickly disable it.

Actions per round 7, Initiative 1d20+3 = 16, Melee Strike Bonus +5 (+2 with sword), Dodge/parry bonus +4 (+8 with sword), Sword of Ahriman Damage 3d6+2 MDC (Magical)
Action 1: Manifest weapon (still invisible) (-10 PPE)
Action 2: Move to Proper location (Still Invisible) (Contingency: Dodge roll 1d20+4 = 22)
Action 3: Attack creature with sword: Attack 1d20+7 = 27, Damage: 3d6+2 = 8, Parry: 1d20+8 = 21
Action 4: Attack creature with sword: Attack 1d20+7 = 10, Damage: 3d6+2 = 14, Parry: 1d20+8 = 13
Action 5: Attack creature with sword: Attack 1d20+7 = 15, Damage: 3d6+2 = 14, Parry: 1d20+8 = 25
Action 6: Attack creature with sword: Attack 1d20+7 = 25, Damage: 3d6+2 = 9, Parry: 1d20+8 = 10
Action 7: If needed, move to attack other creature (place at proper spot in order of needed earlier in round), (Contingency: Dodge Roll 1d20+4 = 5

Tattoo weapon, magic sword: 14 minutes 45 seconds remain
Alvidan
P.P.E.: 135/145
I.S.P.: 119/123
M.D.C.: 97/97
NE-BA 26: Main Body 90 Physical 20 Virtual/90
Visible Weapons: Phase Sword
NE-80 Slim-Line Lever Action Plasma Rifle
Shockwave TW Grenade Launcher (Patron Item)
Grav Pack
Constants: Impervious to Shape Shifting, HF/AF 12 if recognized (Atlantean), Sense Vampires (1000'), Sense Ley Lines (5 m), Sixth Sense
User avatar
Alvidan
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:42 am

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Pertinax » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:15 am

Perception (24%): 1d100 = 27
JiC: 1d20 = 12/1d100 = 62

Armor
Loksuit Power Armor - M.D.C. by location
    Main Body - 55
    Head/Helmet - 50
    Arms - 50 each
    Legs - 60 each
N-F40A Heavy Force Field - 110/110 M.D.C.; Duration - 480/480 min.
Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Inactive)
Dreadmaster Mask
Combat Harness
Dreadmaster Pants
Dreadmaster Boots
Weapons
NE-RV07 Ripper Vibro Axe
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Psionics
Sixth Sense (-2 I.S.P.)
Empathy (-4 I.S.P.)
Intuitive Combat -- +3 initiative; +1 strike; +1 parry; +4 dodge; +4 pull punch; +2 roll with punch, fall, or impact; +2 disarm(-10 I.S.P.)
Combat Rolls
APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 8
1. Activate Heavy Force Field
Parry with vibro axe - 1d20+6 = 23
2. Pistol shot, strike - 1d20+4 = 13/2d6 = 9 M.D.
Parry with vibro axe - 1d20+6 = 23
3. Pistol shot, strike - 1d20+4 = 6/2d6 = 9 M.D.
Parry with vibro axe - 1d20+6 = 21
4. Pistol shot, strike - 1d20+4 = 13/2d6 = 8 M.D.
Parry with vibro axe - 1d20+6 = 23
5. Pistol shot, strike - 1d20+4 = 9/2d6 = 11 M.D.
Parry with vibro axe - 1d20+6 = 20
6. Pistol shot, strike - 1d20+4 = 16/2d6 = 8 M.D.
Parry with vibro axe - 1d20+6 = 25
7. Pistol shot, strike - 1d20+4 = 5/2d6 = 3 M.D.
Parry with vibro axe - 1d20+6 = 22
Butcher's Bill (cumulative)
-34 I.S.P.


The debris monster attacks with a ferocity that Pertinax would not have associated with rubble. It is mindless and aggressive. You must kill that which you cannot reason with. He cannot expect to trade blows with this thing and expect to win. He takes a more defensive stance and uses his axe to deflect more attacks as he retreats. "I would say kill these things dead, but are they alive?""

With his pistol hand he first activates his personal force field, providing himself more protection. He takes a step away from the monsters and towards the entrance to the room. With each step back he fires his pistol at the creature. If he has to prioritize shooting or parrying, Pertinax will focus on defense.
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348/348
P.P.E.: 11/11
I.S.P.: 120/120
User avatar
Pertinax
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Raz I'Syul Arro » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:55 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 40/36%
JIC: 1d20 = 20;1d100 = 56


Active Effects:
  • Sixth Sense
  • Horror Factor: 11
  • Keen Sense of Smell and Sharp Color vision
  • NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor: +5% to prowl skill; -70% to electronic perception/detection rolls; Masks IR and Thermal Emissions



Raz takes a moment to collect himself after the failed attempt to flip the creature. Most interesting. I wonder what they are? They seem to be using debris for armor. I wonder what is below that. Or is it some kind of spirit? That would not be good. Nothing I can against a spirit. Luckily these seem solid for now.
Raz calls over the radio, "Anyone know what these are? " Raz then continues to pummel the creature. When an idea pops in his head. Raz draws his Crystal Paralyzer takes a step back and shoots the creature twice to see if it has any effect.

Combat:
APM: 7
Init: 1d20+1 = 17

Action 1: Radio call and thinking.
Action 2: Melee strike Claws; Strike: 1d20+6 = 20; Damage: 1d6*10 = 60 + 2d6 = 7 = 67 MD
Action 3: Melee strike Claws; Strike: 1d20+6 = 10; Damage: 1d6*10 = 60 + 2d6 = 6 = 66 MD
Action 4: Melee strike Claws; Strike: 1d20+6 = 10; Damage: 1d6*10 = 20 + 2d6 = 7 = 27 MD
Action 5: Draw Crystal Paralyzer
Action 6: Shoot Creature with Paralyzer; Strike: 1d20 = 8; Damage: save vs lethal toxins or paralyzed for 1D4 melees
Action 7: Shoot Creature with Paralyzer; Strike: 1d20 = 2; Damage: save vs lethal toxins or paralyzed for 1D4 melees

Auto-Dodge: 1d20+4 = 24 Nat 20; 1d20+4 = 14; 1d20+4 = 19; 1d20+4 = 23; 1d20+4 = 23; 1d20+4 = 6; 1d20+4 = 8

Auto-Parry: 1d20+6 = 23; 1d20+6 = 17; 1d20+6 = 10; 1d20+6 = 10; 1d20+6 = 12; 1d20+6 = 14; 1d20+6 = 16
Raz I'Syul Arro

Sixth Sense
Horror Factor: 11
I.S.P.: 39/47
M.D.C.: 204/204
Half Damage from M.D. Fire and energy attacks (Including magical)


Armor
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 40/40
  • Arms: L: 20/20 R: 20/20
  • Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30
  • Main Body: 80/80

N-F20A Medium Force Field--OFF
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 75/75

Weapons
NE-11 Slim-Line Plasma Cartridge Rifle 17/20 (NE-003PC)

Crystal Paralyzer 20/20
User avatar
Raz I'Syul Arro
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:26 pm

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Bryke » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:30 am

Perception: 34% 1d100 = 67
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 16

Conditions:
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Doesn't breathe air and is immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and has eagle-like normal vision.
Sixth Sense
HF 10

Cosmic Armor: 90|200


Combat:
OOC Comments
Initiative:1d20+2 = 20
6 attacks
WP: Paired Weapons


ACTION1:
STRIKE: 1d20+1 = 9, DAMAGE:4d6 = 11
STRIKE: 1d20+1 = 12, DAMAGE:4d6 = 16

ACTION2: Catching Phase Beamers with Telekinesis [3isp, 12min] and holster them, while grabbing punch knives from their tactical holsters physically.

ACTION3:
OOC Comments
STRIKE:1d20+3 = 14, DAMAGE:5d6 = 15(H2H damage plus Qlu'Bar)+2d4 = 8(punch knives)+22(H2H damage strength bonus)
STRIKE:1d20+3 = 12, DAMAGE:5d6 = 15(H2H damage plus Qlu'Bar)+2d4 = 5(punch knives)+22(H2H damage strength bonus)

ACTION4:
STRIKE:1d20+3 = 9, DAMAGE:5d6 = 16(H2H damage plus Qlu'Bar)+2d4 = 8(punch knives)+22(H2H damage strength bonus)
STRIKE:1d20+3 = 12, DAMAGE:5d6 = 18(H2H damage plus Qlu'Bar)+2d4 = 4(punch knives)+22(H2H damage strength bonus)

ACTION5:
STRIKE:1d20+3 = 16, DAMAGE:5d6 = 12(H2H damage plus Qlu'Bar)+2d4 = 2(punch knives)+22(H2H damage strength bonus)
STRIKE:1d20+3 = 22, DAMAGE:5d6 = 17(H2H damage plus Qlu'Bar)+2d4 = 5(punch knives)+22(H2H damage strength bonus)

ACTION6:
STRIKE:1d20+3 = 23, DAMAGE:5d6 = 19(H2H damage plus Qlu'Bar)+2d4 = 3(punch knives)+22(H2H damage strength bonus)
STRIKE:1d20+3 = 20, DAMAGE:5d6 = 21(H2H damage plus Qlu'Bar)+2d4 = 6(punch knives)+22(H2H damage strength bonus)


DODGE: 1d20+6 = 24, 1d20+6 = 9, 1d20+6 = 9, 1d20+6 = 13, 1d20+6 = 26, 1d20+6 = 12
PARRY: 1d20+6 = 21, 1d20+6 = 10, 1d20+6 = 14, 1d20+6 = 25, 1d20+6 = 21, 1d20+6 = 14

Post:
The Promethean finally looks at the stone creature as the moment of megalomania dissipates and mortal danger registers somewhere deep within. Intense RAGE animating the being at the thought of the creature "defiling" its coveted Cosmic Armor.

Bryke shoots one shot from each of its Phase Beamers simultaneeously to gauge the damage they can do in this situation. Then proceeds to try and pulverize the creature with bladed fists- in the ways that only a trained, veteran, champion of Centers' Gladiatorial Games can.

Could these things have come from the golden coffin? It appeared to be something made for one... not twins... actually... *FLASHBACK* (ooc: to be determined after asking GM) could the things this one researched come from there. Will need to inform the group asap


Contingencies:
IFF the thing attacking Bryke is utterly destroyed, Bryke will awaken from anger and attack another enemy.

IFF Cosmic Armor fades, Bryke will trade an action to activate Force Field by pushing the toggle switch with Telekinesis.



OOC Comments
[OOC: Bryke will have practiced the action of holstering his phase beamers with TK and grabbing his punch knives over the long flight to make it smooth enough for one action, if that is considered “meta gaming” and/or simply just wrong lol then it takes 2 actions, he will practice on the flight back to Center and/or some other time and one of his striking actions are moot]
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 83%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.


PPE: 236/236
ISP: 14/125
SDC: 634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP: 155/155

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
User avatar
Bryke
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Consumer » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:15 am

Where did I leave my Shield

Date & Time wrote:Day 94 since departure.
Time: 12:45 PM Center Reckoning. (15 seconds since last post)
Temperature: Tomb 59 degrees. With zero humidity.
Weather: Cool and dry..


Skills
Az Rael: Prowl (Stay Silent till the time he attacks.): Seems to be working.
Lore: Magic --General Knowledge (Does Az Rael recognize the creature?): Nope, it’s not like any creature of magic you’ve ever seen or heard about.
Lore: Demons & Monsters (Does Az Rael recognize the creature?) Nope, Az Rael is rather certain it is some manner of mutated local creature, as to any details of it, he is unsure as he knows nothing of the local flora/fauna.


Scythe: Lore, Magic (What are these things, possible weaknesses he might be able to exploit?) Scythe has never encountered a creature of magic such as this, and is not sure if it is such.
Lore, Galactic/Alien (What are these things, possible weaknesses he might be able to exploit?): Scythe thinks it may be some manner of mutated local creature, as to what it was once before, or any possible weaknesses, he hasn’t the foggiest.
[color=green]Lore, Dimensions
(What are these things, possible weaknesses he might be able to exploit?): Scythe thinks it may be some manner of mutated local creature, as to what it was once before, or any possible weaknesses, he hasn’t the foggiest.
Lore, Monsters/Demons (What are these things, possible weaknesses he might be able to exploit?): Scythe thinks it may be some manner of mutated local creature, as to what it was once before, or any possible weaknesses, he hasn’t the foggiest.
Lore, Creatures of Magic (What are these things, possible weaknesses he might be able to exploit?): Scythe has never encountered a creature of magic such as this, and is not sure if it is such.
Lore, Psionics/Psychics (What are these things, possible weaknesses he might be able to exploit?): Scythe has never encountered a psionic creature such as this, and is not sure if it is such.
Prowl (Move softly, avoid attracting attention): Likely stepped in something loud and shiny.
Intelligence (Watch and see what seems to do the most damage, look for weak points): Does not seem to have any particular weaknesses or resistances, save it’s amorphous nature making immune to being flipped.


Map

On the Planet:
Everyone

Action One:
Az Rael: Activate Armor of Ithan Talisman (3 min, 30 MDC), Drop Rifle
Bryke: Fire Phase Pistol one. (STRIKE: 9, DAMAGE: 11 M.D.)
Raz: Radio call and thinking.
Alvidan: Manifest weapon (still invisible) (-10 PPE)
Scythe: Communicate and move, attempt to assess the enemies.
Pertinax: Activate Heavy Force Field
Creature 1: Swipe at Raz. (Strike: 12;Damage: 60 M.D.)
Creature 2: Pound on Bryke. (Strike: 7; Damage: 30 M.D.)


Az Rael activates his Armor of Itan talisman, surrounding himself in a faint aura of a knightly suit of armor, while dropping his rifle to the stone ground. Bryke gets mad and fires his phase pistol at the creature pounding on his cosmic armor, the blow hits but doesn’t seem to phase it all that much. Raz keys up his radio. "Anyone know what these are? " while giving the situation a thought. Alvidan summons forth his birthright, a longsword, not that anyone sees him, as he’s still invisible. Scythe also keys his radio on. "I can't connect with the drone's on the ship, we're too deep. Two targets with us." while trying to have a guess at what the group is fighting. Pertinax wisely activates his heavy Force Field, while the creature near him takes a swing at Raz, who just sidesteps the blow like water flowing around a pole. The other creature takes a swing at Bryke, it’s debris filled paw sarp with broken stone and metal, Bryke manages to knock the blow aside with one of his pistols.

Action Two:
Az Rael: Cast Shade Sword (-22 PPE)
Bryke: Fire Phase Pistol two. (STRIKE: 12, DAMAGE: 16 M.D.)
Raz: Melee strike Claws; (Strike: 20; Damage: 67 MD)
Alvidan: Move to Proper location (Still Invisible)
Scythe: Lob an Orb of Cold (-6 PPE) at the one on Bryke. (Strike: 18; DMG: 9 M.D. ( Numb: 4 Melees))
Pertinax: Pistol shot, (Strike: 13; Damage: 9 M.D.)
Creature 1: Swipe at Pertinax. (Strike: 11;Damage: 50 M.D.)
Creature 2: Pound on Bryke. (Strike: 7; Damage: 60 M.D.)


Az Rael casts another spell causing a cold shadowy blade flow into his hand. Bryke fires his second phase pistol, again the creature seems unimpressed and unafraid. Raz bares his claws and knocks a few chunks out of the creature near him, while Alvidan moves to what he thinks is an optimal spot to strike. Scythe speaks a few words of power as a orb of bitter cold forms, a quick side arm lob, causes the orb to shatter on the creature who is now covered in rhime, but seems unslowed by the attack. Pertinax fires his pistol into the creature he and Raz have been battling, point blank. It seems unphased by the damage. As it retaliates and swings at the Tarlock Dreadmaster, Pertinax catches the blow on his axe and turns it aside. The creature near Bryke swipes again, and Bryke parries this blow as well, but finds it harder this time.

Action Three:
Az Rael: Activate Light Blade Talisman (3 min, Damage: 1d4x10+3)
Bryke: Activate TK, Holster Phase Beamer one.
Raz: Melee strike Claws; (Strike: 10; Damage: 66 MD)
Alvidan: Attack creature with sword: (Attack 27 Nat 20, Damage: 16 M.D.)
Scythe: Electrical Arc (-8 PPE)at the one on Bryke. (Strike: 16; DMG: 8 M.D.)
Pertinax: Pistol shot, (Strike: 6; Damage: 9 M.D.)
Creature 1: Swipe at Az Rael. (Strike: 19;Damage: 40 M.D.)
Creature 2: Pound on Bryke. (Strike: 9; Damage: 60 M.D.)


Az Rael continues to activate magic weapons, this time igniting the lightblade talisman, which illuminates him fully in pale golden light. Bryke begins using his powers of Telekinesis to holster his pistols, which is not an easy task when your not using your hands and are fighting a several ton pile of fury and debris. Raz claws at the creature near him again, leaving furrows in it’s debris “armor/skin?”. Alvidan appears out of nowhere near Raz, Pertinax, and Az Rael striking what would likely be a brilliant bow on the creature, but it seems to not register pain. Scythe speaks several more words of power before pointing an outstretched hand towards the beast attacking Bryke, arcs of electricity pop and sizzle among the metallic components of the creature's skin. Pertinax fires again execution style on the creature, who doesn’t seem to regard anything as a danger to it. The Creature surrounded, turns and tries to take a chunk out of Az Rael, who takes the blow square, even given his attempts to dodge it. The one fighting Bryke takes another swipe at the Promethean, who again manages to turn the blow aside, this time with his hands.

Action Four:
Az Rael: Strike With Shade Sword and Light Blade (Shade Sword: Strike: 20, Damage: 23 M.D., Light Blade: Strike: 27, Damage: 43 M.D.)
Bryke: Holster Phase Beamer two
Raz: Melee strike Claws; (Strike: 10; Damage: 27 MD)
Alvidan: Attack creature with sword: (Attack 10, Damage: 14 M.D.)
Scythe: Firebolt (-7 PPE) at the one on Bryke. (Strike: 27 Nat 20; DMG: 24 M.D.)
Pertinax: Pistol shot, (Strike: 13; Damage: 8 M.D.)
Creature 1: Swipe at Alvidan. (Strike: 8; Damage: 40 M.D.)
Creature 2: Pound on Bryke. (Strike: 9; Damage: 10 M.D.)


Az Rael, preparations done, takes a double swing at the creature, scoring two hits. Bryke finishes holstering his guns while parrying blows from a much stronger creature. Raz and Alvidan, land more blows into the beast in front of them, While Scythe calls out more words of power before flicking a bolt of fire at the creature near Bryke. Pertinax shoots the creature again, while it takes a swing at Alvidan. Who parris the blow on his sword. Bryke parries another blow from the creature.

Action Five:
Az Rael: Strike With Shade Sword and Light Blade (Shade Sword: Strike: 16, Damage: 23 M.D., Light Blade: Strike: 22, Damage: 13 M.D.)
Bryke: Draw Punch Daggers
Raz: Draw Crystal Paralyzer
Alvidan: Attack creature with sword: (Attack 15, Damage: 14 M.D.)
Scythe: Mental Blast (-15 PPE) at the one on Bryke. (DMG: 15 M.D. | (Disorientation))
Pertinax: Pistol shot, (Strike: 9; Damage: 11 M.D.)
Creature 1: Swipe at Raz. (Strike: 15; Damage: 30 M.D.)
Creature 2: Pound on Bryke. (Strike: 15; Damage: 30 M.D.)


Az Rael carves more wounds on the creature as Bryke draws his punch daggers. Raz Draws a crystalline gun, while Alvidan hits the beast once more with his sword. Scythe speaks an angry set of words and a wave of energy strikes the creature, who seems to be continuing with business as usual. Pertinax fires his guna gain, while the creature takes a swing at Raz, who again seems to sense the blows intent and steps around it. Bryke parries the next blow with his knives.

Action Six:
Az Rael: Strike With Shade Sword and Light Blade (Shade Sword: Strike: 13, Damage: 21 M.D., Light Blade: Strike: 15, Damage: 23 M.D.)
Bryke: Strike Creature with Punch Dagger. (STRIKE: 9, DAMAGE: 24 M.D. Strike: 12, DAMAGE: 22 M.D.)
Raz: Shoot Creature with Paralyzer; (Strike: 8; Damage: save vs lethal toxins or paralyzed for 1D4 melees)
Alvidan: Attack creature with sword: (Strike: 25, Damage: 9 M.D.)
Pertinax: Pistol shot, (Strike: 16; Damage: 8 M.D.)
Creature 1: Swipe at Pertinax. (Strike: 10; Damage: 60 M.D.)
Creature 2: Pound on Bryke. (Strike: 20; Damage: 30 M.D.)


Az Rael continues to go to work on the creature. Bryke manages to land a paired blow to the creature in front of him. Raz fires his gun, and is unsurprised that the creature just keeps going. Alvidan and Pertinax stab and shoot the beast, who is certainly showing wear and tear now. Pertinax parries a blow sent his way, while Bryke’s luck runs out and he catches another blow.

Action Seven:
Az Rael: Strike With Shade Sword and Light Blade (Shade Sword: Strike: 18, Damage: 16 M.D., Light Blade: Strike: 16, Damage: 13 M.D.)
Raz: Shoot Creature with Paralyzer; (Strike: 2; Damage: save vs lethal toxins or paralyzed for 1D4 melees)
Pertinax: Pistol shot, (Strike: 5; Damage: 3 M.D.)
Creature 1: Swipe at Az Rael. (Strike: 12; Damage: 40 M.D.)
Creature 2: Pound on Bryke. (Strike: 20; Damage: 40 M.D.)


Az Rael, Raz, and Pertinax hack and shoot at the beast before them, it’s still standing after all this abuse. Az Rael is forced to move out of the way of another attack, and Bryke’s defenses take another blow.

Butcher’s Bill
Az Rael: -40 M.D.
Pertinax: Armor: Main Body: -60 M.D.C., -34 I.S.P.
Alvidan: -4 I.S.P.
Bryke: Cosmic Armor: -180 M.D.C., -112 I.S.P.
Scythe: Mystic Alarm (Duration: 4 years, Keyed to Scythe), -25 P.P.E.



What do you do?”

Note for Bryke: No you didn’t practice that, and the rules won’t allow for it in anycase, You need to start following the template for posting, and putting more effort into your writing, because you're losing out on XP and EP from posts like this.
You also do not get a damage bonus on top of the 4d6 punch damage, that damage bonus is for S.D.C. attacks only.

Note for Az Rael: Thermo-Kinetic armor does not make the wearer's heat invisible to infrared and thermal optics, it gives a penalty to observation versus those things.

Note to Everyone: Combat Post template is not optional, please follow it. Everyone does something wrong with their posts, but most are not too bad.

~Consumer
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Pertinax » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:22 am

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 78
JiC: 1d20 = 1/1d100 = 26

Armor
Loksuit Power Armor - M.D.C. by location
    Main Body - 55
    Head/Helmet - 50
    Arms - 50 each
    Legs - 60 each
N-F40A Heavy Force Field - 110/110 M.D.C.; Duration - 479.75/480 min.
Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Inactive)
Dreadmaster Mask
Combat Harness
Dreadmaster Pants
Dreadmaster Boots

Weapons
NE-RV07 Ripper Vibro Axe
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (23/30)

Combat Rolls
APM:7
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 11
1. Speak to Rogues and parry with vibro axe - 1d20+6 = 13
2. Empathic transmission (peacefulness) on nearest creature, duration 2d6 = 7 minutes (-6 I.S.P.)
Parry with vibro axe - 1d20+6 = 24
3. Empathic transmission (peacefulness) on second creature, duration 2d6 = 6 minutes (-6 I.S.P.)
Contingency parry with vibro axe - 1d20+6 = 16
4. Contingency pistol shot, strike - 1d20+4 = 11/2d6 = 6 M.D.
Contingency parry with vibro axe - 1d20+6 = 14
5. Contingency pistol shot, strike - 1d20+4 = 22/2d6 = 7 M.D.
Contingency parry with vibro axe - 1d20+6 = 17
6. Contingency pistol shot, strike - 1d20+4 = 23/2d6 = 9 M.D.
Contingency parry with vibro axe - 1d20+6 = 26
7. Contingency pistol shot, strike - 1d20+4 = 8/2d6 = 11 M.D.
Contingency parry with vibro axe - 1d20+6 = 26
Butcher's Bill (cumulative)
-34 I.S.P.


Pertinax fires his gun at one of the debris creatures with frustration. If it is alive, several bullets to the head should have rendered it not alive. Perhaps this is a moment to practice pacifism after all. He says on the team radio: "Cease attacking. Let me try to calm them.

Using his vibro-axe to ward of the nearest creature, he uses his psionic powers to calm it down. He sends out an emotional wave that seems to communicate: Peace. This is place of rest. We do not fight in this room. Once he has connected with the first creature he will attempt to calm the second. (Note: if he cannot parry and use his psionic powers, or his attempt to use empathic transmission is interrupted, Pertinax will keep attempting to use the powers. However, he will not try again if the creature shrugs off the suggestion.)

If the creatures cease to attack, Pertinax will raise his hands, holding his weapons up. He observes them carefully. Do they have faces? Is there any sign of organic material or a flesh and bone body under the debris? Are they in a defensive position or are have they abandoned combat altogether.

"Yesss... we do not need to fight them. He turns to Scythe and Raz. "What do we know about these things? How did they get here? Do we think they are sentient?" He maneuvers around them hands still up. If either creature takes a swipe, he will parry the attack but does not attack just yet. He nears the pit, hoping to see if there are any other creatures where they came from or perhaps even the shield the Rogues are looking for.

If, however, the empathic transmission fails to calm the creatures and they continue their attacks, Pertinax will continue to empty his pistol on the debris monsters and defend himself with his axe.
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348/348
P.P.E.: 11/11
I.S.P.: 120/120
User avatar
Pertinax
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Az Rael » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:41 am

Perception: 1d100 = 84 vs (55%) +15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% When dealing with Vampires or the Undead, +5% when pertaining to ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
JIC: 1d20 = 13 and 1d100 = 43

Current Condition
Thermo Kinetic Armor, Integrated Sensor Pod, 360° scanning capability - +3 Initiative, +2 to Parry, +2 to Dodge, +5 to Roll w/, allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise., Armor of Ithan: 30/30 MDC, 3 min remain, Shade Sword: 11:45 min remain, Damage: 6d6, Light Blade Talisman 2:45 min, Damage: 1d4x10+3, Shadow Meld, Duration: 11:30 min - +15% to Prowl, totally invisible even to see the invisible, attackers are -5 to strike


Butcher Bill Az Rael
PPE: -32

Skills

Combat Data

Initiative: 1d20+9 = 16
Number of attacks: 6 (+1 shadows and darkness)

Action 1: Activate Armor of Ithan Talisman (3 min, 30 MDC)
Action 2: Parry With Shade Sword and Light Blade, Reply to Pertinax
-Shade Sword: Parry 1d20+15 = 16,
-Light Blade: Parry 1d20+15 = 23
Action 3: Parry With Shade Sword and Light Blade,
-Shade Sword: Parry 1d20+15 = 35,
-Light Blade: Parry 1d20+15 = 30
Action 4: Strike With Shade Sword Parry with Light Blade
-Shade Sword: Strike 1d20+12 = 20, Damage 6d6 = 21,
-Light Blade: Parry 1d20+15 = 33
Action 5: Strike With Shade Sword Parry with Light Blade
-Shade Sword: Strike 1d20+12 = 30, Damage 6d6 = 23,
-Light Blade: Parry 1d20+15 = 24
Action 6: Strike With Shade Sword Parry with Light Blade
-Shade Sword: Strike 1d20+12 = 25, Damage 6d6 = 21,
-Light Blade: Parry 1d20+15 = 23
Action 7: Strike With Shade Sword Parry with Light Blade
-Shade Sword: Strike 1d20+12 = 16, Damage 6d6 = 26,
-Light Blade: Parry 1d20+15 = 22

*Shade Sword Notes for GM: Those who fail not only take damage, but fight at -2 to strike and parry for the next melee round. Anyone receiving multiple hits from a Shadesword must save vs magic for each, or suffer a cumulative negative bonus for an extended duration (one melee per each strike by the sword).

Parries: Noted in actions
Dodge: 1d20+13 = 20, 1d20+13 = 22, 1d20+13 = 17, 1d20+13 = 15
Auto-Dodges: 1d20+4 = 7, 1d20+4 = 9, 1d20+4 = 5, 1d20+4 = 22, 1d20+4 = 17, 1d20+4 = 14, 1d20+4 = 14,

Contingencies:
-If the Creatures are somehow calmed and become passive, Az Rael will stop attacking all together.
-If Az Rael begins to take overwhelming damage he will move to a defensive posture, dodging as necessary.
-If he kills the first creature and has attacks left, he will continue on to the next.


POST

When the creature strikes Az Rael he is stunned to see his magical armor dissipate all at once, This thing needs to die quickly! He thinks to himself as he activate the Armor of Ithan again. Two down, if this goes much longer I am in trouble.

Az Rael decides a more balanced approach might be better against these beasts. He begins to hold one sword back for parrying the incoming attacks.

Pertinax wrote:"Cease attacking. Let me try to calm them.


When he hears Pertinax over the radio he is confused, Calm them? He replies, "I’m not waiting long.”

Az Rael will parry incoming attacks giving Pertinax the briefest of time to make the attempt while he considers the action, Madness! We need to eliminate the threat. A soldier, trying to calm them? Az Rael will eventually disregard the attempt and begin his assault again. Back in action he moves on the creature, this time holding back the light sword to parry any of the incoming attacks and relying on his lighting reflexes to dodge as needed.
Last edited by Az Rael on Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
P.P.E.: 65 / 99
I.S.P.: 47 / 47
H.P.: 34 / 34
S.D.C.: 82 / 82

Perception Bonus: 52%
+15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% dealing with Vampires/Undead, +5% Ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
BA-26 EBA armor M.D.C: 90 / 90

Charm/Impress: 25%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 60%
Horror/Awe Factor: 12


Az Rael

Always On
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis (special)
  • Sense the Presence of Vampire and Vampire Intelligences (Special)
  • Sence Rifts and Ley Lines (special)


Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Commando lvl 5
  • Number of Attacks: 5 (+1 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • P.P.E.: Channel 15 P.P.E per attack
  • Initiative Bonus: +4
  • Strike Bonus: +6 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Parry Bonus: +7 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Dodge Bonus: +7 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Entangle: +2
  • HTH Damage Bonus: +4
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +3
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch: +5
  • Bonus to Disarm: +1
  • Bonus to Automatic Body Flip: +1
  • Bonus to Automatic Dodge: +3


Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Magic (varies): +2
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+):
  • Insanity (12+): +8
  • Psionics (varies): +8
  • Mind Control via psionics or drugs: +1
  • Horror Factor (varies): +9
User avatar
Az Rael
Group Leader
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:34 pm

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Raz I'Syul Arro » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:28 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 34/36%
JIC: 1d20 = 6;1d100 = 16


Active Effects:
  • Sixth Sense
  • Horror Factor: 11
  • Keen Sense of Smell and Sharp Color vision
  • NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor: +5% to prowl skill; -70% to electronic perception/detection rolls; Masks IR and Thermal Emissions



Raz is a little disappointed in the pistol not working but he understands he really has no idea what the team is dealing with right now. One less thing that affects it. What are these things? Well Hitting it seems to work so lets keep doing that for now.
Raz hears Pert call out for everyone to stop attacking for a moment. "Be quick." Raz will holster his pistol and take a defensive stance for a moment as Pert attempts his calming thing.

If Pert is able to calm the creatures Raz will let them go on their way.

If Pert is not able to calm the creatures, Raz will continue to beat on them with his claws.

Combat:
APM: 7
Init: 1d20+1 = 3

Action 1: Radio Pert
Action 2: Holster Pistol
Action 3: Claw Strike; Strike: 1d20+6 = 10; Damage: 1d6*10 = 60 + 2d6 = 11 = 71 MD
Action 4: Claw Strike; Strike: 1d20+6 = 7; Damage: 1d6*10 = 10 + 2d6 = 7 = 17 MD
Action 5: Claw Strike; Strike: 1d20+6 = 13; Damage: 1d6*10 = 50 + 2d6 = 7 = 57 MD
Action 6: Claw Strike; Strike: 1d20+6 = 9; Damage: 1d6*10 = 50 + 2d6 = 6 = 56 MD
Action 7: Claw Strike; Strike: 1d20+6 = 9; Damage: 1d6*10 = 50 + 2d6 = 9 = 59 MD

Auto-Dodge: 1d20+4 = 13; 1d20+4 = 16; 1d20+4 = 14; 1d20+4 = 23; 1d20+4 = 5; 1d20+4 = 16; 1d20+4 = 22

Auto-Parry: 1d20+6 = 17; 1d20+6 = 22; 1d20+6 = 25; 1d20+6 = 16; 1d20+6 = 26; 1d20+6 = 15; 1d20+6 = 22
Raz I'Syul Arro

Sixth Sense
Horror Factor: 11
I.S.P.: 39/47
M.D.C.: 204/204
Half Damage from M.D. Fire and energy attacks (Including magical)


Armor
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 40/40
  • Arms: L: 20/20 R: 20/20
  • Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30
  • Main Body: 80/80

N-F20A Medium Force Field--OFF
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 75/75

Weapons
NE-11 Slim-Line Plasma Cartridge Rifle 17/20 (NE-003PC)

Crystal Paralyzer 20/20
User avatar
Raz I'Syul Arro
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:26 pm

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Alvidan » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:09 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 21/32% (Additional extra bonuses that have specific points ie If Magic etc)
Just in Case: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 100
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Magic Tattoo (Sword in Flames) 14:45 remaining

Skills rolled (like radio basic and crap like that)

Initiative: 1d20+3
Number of attacks: 7

Action 1) Move to a good position
Action 2) attempt to get a grip on the creature he is fighting 1d20+5 = 18
Action 3) Attempt to uproot the creature/lift it from the ground (can lift 2400 pounds) If damage is required 2d6 = 3 MD
Actions 4-5) if the first attempt is not enough, he will try harder (equivalent of a power punch) 4d6 = 13 MD
Action 6-7) if he is unable to lift/uproot the thing, he with gather up his sword and back away while he tries to think of another option

Parries: He might not be in a position to parry, but if he is... 1d20+4 = 19, 1d20+4 = 19, 1d20+4 = 14, 1d20+4 = 24, 1d20+4 = 15, 1d20+4 = 20, 1d20+4 = 20
Dodges: Can not dodge while wrestling really

Contingencies: This assumes that the creatures are continuing to attack, if they cease doing so all actions will be withheld.

Text: An idea occurs to Alvidan, These things seem to extend out of the ground, perhaps these things need to maintain contact with the ground.

He is not much of a wrestler, but possibly he can grab one and lift it to see what it does. Granted Raz tried to flip one earlier, but what he plans is to attempt to UPROOT it.

OOC Comments
At least I had some thoughts about something to try, which is better than totally uninspired.
Alvidan
P.P.E.: 135/145
I.S.P.: 119/123
M.D.C.: 97/97
NE-BA 26: Main Body 90 Physical 20 Virtual/90
Visible Weapons: Phase Sword
NE-80 Slim-Line Lever Action Plasma Rifle
Shockwave TW Grenade Launcher (Patron Item)
Grav Pack
Constants: Impervious to Shape Shifting, HF/AF 12 if recognized (Atlantean), Sense Vampires (1000'), Sense Ley Lines (5 m), Sixth Sense
User avatar
Alvidan
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:42 am

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Bryke » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:31 am

Perception: 34% 1d100 = 90
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 30

Conditions:
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Doesn't breathe air and is immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and has eagle-like normal vision.
Sixth Sense
HF 10

Telekinesis: 11min:45sec
Cosmic Armor: 90|200

Combat:
Initiative:1d20+2 = 20
6 attacks
WP: Paired Weapons

Action 1: Punch with lead left hand at creature; Strike:1d20+3 = 10; Damage:7d6 = 21(H2H damage plus Qlu'Bar)+2d4 = 6(punch knives)
Follow up punch with right hand on same creature; Strike:1d20+3 = 17; Damage:7d6 = 26(H2H damage plus Qlu'Bar)+2d4 = 4(punch knives)

Action 2: Punch with lead left hand at creature; Strike:1d20+3 = 5; Damage:7d6 = 26(H2H damage plus Qlu'Bar)+2d4 = 4(punch knives)
Follow up punch with right hand on same creature; Strike:1d20+3 = 10; Damage:7d6 = 19(H2H damage plus Qlu'Bar)+2d4 = 5(punch knives)

Action 3: Punch with lead left hand at creature; Strike:1d20+3 = 18; Damage:7d6 = 25(H2H damage plus Qlu'Bar)+2d4 = 7(punch knives)
Follow up punch with right hand on same creature; Strike:1d20+3 = 17; Damage:7d6 = 33(H2H damage plus Qlu'Bar)+2d4 = 3(punch knives)

Action 4: Punch with lead left hand at creature; Strike:1d20+3 = 7; Damage:7d6 = 33(H2H damage plus Qlu'Bar)+2d4 = 7(punch knives)
Follow up punch with right hand on same creature; Strike:1d20+3 = 6; Damage:7d6 = 22(H2H damage plus Qlu'Bar)+2d4 = 4(punch knives)

Action 5: Punch with lead left hand at creature; Strike:1d20+3 = 18; Damage:7d6 = 19(H2H damage plus Qlu'Bar)+2d4 = 8(punch knives)
Follow up punch with right hand on same creature; Strike:1d20+3 = 11; Damage:7d6 = 24(H2H damage plus Qlu'Bar)+2d4 = 5(punch knives)

Action 6: Punch with lead left hand at creature; Strike:1d20+3 = 17; Damage:7d6 = 23(H2H damage plus Qlu'Bar)+2d4 = 3(punch knives)
Follow up punch with right hand on same creature; Strike:1d20+3 = 20; Damage:7d6 = 20(H2H damage plus Qlu'Bar)+2d4 = 6(punch knives)

Parries: 1d20+6 = 18, 1d20+6 = 13, 1d20+6 = 13, 1d20+6 = 24, 1d20+6 = 26, 1d20+6 = 19
Dodges: 1d20+6 = 21, 1d20+6 = 16, 1d20+6 = 10, 1d20+6 = 26, 1d20+6 = 15, 1d20+6 = 26


Post:
Bryke's anger grows as "The Promethean" tries to pummel the creature that destroyed much of its Cosmic Armor. All strategy out of the window, Bryke's singular thought is to kill the creature.

How dare you!


Contingencies:
If Bryke's Cosmic Armor fades, Bryke will trade an action to activate Force Field.
Bryke will continue to fight the one creature until it is no more, before switching to another target.
If a punchknife breaks, Bryke will continue to punch the creature.

IFF (if and only if) the creature ceases being hostile toward Bryke, and is somehow affected by his teammates idea(s) The Promethean will attempt to redirect his anger by attacking something in the room that is not load bearing nor a teammate.
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 83%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.


PPE: 236/236
ISP: 14/125
SDC: 634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP: 155/155

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
User avatar
Bryke
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am

Previous

Return to Phase World: The Three Galaxies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests