[GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

The Anvil, Corkscrew, and Thundercloud galaxies.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Scythe » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:02 am

Perception: 1d100 = 47/41%
JiC: 1d100 = 93 / 1d20 = 13

Conditions: Sixth Sense (-2 ISP, No longer Active) || Sense Magic in Use (400/ft) | Automatically Sense Rifts (700 miles) | Sense Ley Lines and Nexus (40 miles) | W-F1: Armor of Ithan [9:30mins | 1st Charge] | W-F1: Presence Sense [29:30min | 120ft range | 2nd Charge] | W-F1: See the Invisible [14:30min | 200ft range | 1st Charge]

Skills:
Intelligence: 1d100 = 14/63% (Watch to see if it may appears to have a form of regeneration and/or which weapon is more effective.)

Combat:
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 9
APM: 7

A1: Slash the one on Bryke with Tessa. Strike: 1d20+8 = 12 | DMG: 6d6 = 20
A2: Slash the one on Bryke with Tessa. Strike: 1d20+8 = 23 | DMG: 6d6 = 17
A3: Slash the one on Bryke with Tessa. Strike: 1d20+8 = 12 | DMG: 6d6 = 25
A4: Slash the one on Bryke with Tessa. Strike: 1d20+8 = 16 | DMG: 6d6 = 20
A5: Slash the one on Bryke with Tessa. Strike: 1d20+8 = 24 | DMG: 6d6 = 21
A6: Slash the one on Bryke with Tessa. Strike: 1d20+8 = 14 | DMG: 6d6 = 24
A7: Slash the one on Bryke with Tessa. Strike: 1d20+8 = 20 | DMG: 6d6 = 27

Parries: 1d20+5 = 21 | 1d20+5 = 25 | 1d20+5 = 20 | 1d20+5 = 15 | 1d20+5 = 20 | 1d20+5 = 20 | 1d20+5 = 18
Dodges: 1d20+3 = 13 | 1d20+3 = 16 | 1d20+3 = 14 | 1d20+3 = 22 | 1d20+3 = 16 | 1d20+3 = 20 | 1d20+3 = 4

Contingency:
[*]Scythe will not attack the one Pert is on and trying to calm, but will help defend/attack the one Bryke is on.
[*]If his suit's AoI dies, he will replace it with the talisman AoI.
[*]If Scythe can see his Altess Eviscerator isn't working well, he will activate his light blade talisman and strike with that instead; parrying with the Eviscerator.

Post

Pert wrote:"Cease attacking. Let me try to calm them."


Scythe glances at the Tarlok with a raised eyebrow beneath his visor. That coming from a tarlok? Odd but let's see how it goes. Scythe ponders, remembering from his own research when Pert joined that their species isn't exactly the pacifist kind. As Bryke continues attacking the one nearest him and Scythe, Scythe will aid the Promethean and call out to the team. "Wraith seems to be in a rage, we should flank them if we can't calm them. Coordinate Fire."

Pert wrote:"What do we know about these things? How did they get here? Do we think they are sentient?"


Scythe shakes his head amid the flurry of combat and brief pause. "They are acting more animalistic than sentient. Native mutated creatures of some kind." Scythe states.
“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Scythe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)


Active Stats, Conditions and Equipment
Active Stats:
P.P.E.: 223/223 || I.S.P.: 42/42| M.D.C.: 97/97
Current Active Conditions: Horror Factor 10 || Fire/Cold 1/2 DMG || Regenerates 1d6*5 M.D.C. /minute || Sixth Sense (2) || Sense Magic in Use (400/ft) | Automatically Sense Rifts (700 miles)

Active Equipment:
Warlock Combat Armor W-F1 Model || M.D.C. by location; W-F1 Armor of Ithan: 100/100 | Shoulder(L): 100/100 \/ Shoulder(R): 100/100 | Arm(L): 120/120 \/ Arm(R): 120/120 | Leg(L): 150/150 \/ Leg(R): 150/150| Head: 80/80 | Head Armor of Ithan: 50/50| MB: 320/320
Light Concealed LLW Armor (under W-F1) || M.D.C. by location; MB: 40/40 | Arm(L):15/15 \/ Arm(R): 15/15 | Leg(L):25/25\/ Leg(R): 25/25
Altess Eviscerator (Patron) || M.D.C. 500/500 | Regenerates 2d6 M.D.C./hour | Melee DMG: 6d6 M.D.C. | Electrical Discharge; Range: Touch or up too 200', DMG: 4d6, Payload: 4 (Regenerates 4 every hour)
Phase Beamer || Range: 400', DMG 3d6 or 4d6. || Does S.D.C. to S.D.C. and M.D.C. to M.D.C. and Force fields. Does not damage armor.

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 24%
Magic (varies): +3 (+1 @ 6, 8, 11, 14)
Lethal Poison (14+): +1
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
Insanity (12+): +1
Psionics (varies): +2
Horror Factor (varies): +4 (+1 @ 8, 12)
Illusions (varies): +2
Mind Control (varies): +2
User avatar
Scythe
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:40 pm

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Consumer » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:26 pm

Where did I leave my Shield

Date & Time wrote:Day 94 since departure.
Time: 12:45 PM Center Reckoning. (15 minutes since last post)
Temperature: Tomb 59 degrees. With zero humidity.
Weather: Cool and dry..


Skills
Scythe: Intelligence: (Watch to see if it may appears to have a form of regeneration and/or which weapon is more effective.): It doesn’t appear to have Regeneration, or if it does it’s very slow. It doesn’t seem to be affected by anything in particular, all the attacks that have hit it (That do damage) did their damage.


Map

On the Planet:
Everyone

Initiative order
Bryke 20
Az Rael 16
Pert 11
Scythe 9
Raz 3
Alvidan 0 (But still before the monsters)
Creature 1: 0
Creature 2: 0


Action One
Bryke: Dual Knife strike on creature. (Strike: 10/17; Damage: 27 M.D./ 30 M.D.)
Az Rael: Activate Armor of Ithan Talisman (3 min, 30 MDC)
Pert: Speak to Rogues and parry with vibro axe
Scythe: Slash the one on Bryke with Tessa. (Strike: 12; DMG: 20 M.D.)
Raz: Radio Pert
Alvidan: Move to a good position
Creature 1: Swipe at Alvidan. (Strike: 7; Damage: 10 M.D.) (Parried)
Creature 2: Swipe at Scythe. (Strike: 12; Damage: 60) (Parried)


Bryke, showing an uncharacteristic amount of anger, begins furiously punching his daggers into the creature’s debris covered hide. Az Rael activates his Talisman of Armor of Ithan for a second time this fight. Pert radios the group. "Cease attacking. Let me try to calm them.” Scythe gives the one near Bryke a solid hit from behind, while Raz responds to Pertinax. "Be quick." Alvidan moves a bit closer to the creature, and manages to parry a swipe of it’s debris-ridden claw. Scythe is unsurprised that the creature turns to attack him, and parries the strong blow to the side.

Action Two
Bryke: Dual Knife strike on creature. (Strike: 5/10; Damage: 30 M.D./ 24 M.D.)
Az Rael: Parry With Shade Sword and Light Blade, Reply to Pertinax
Pert: Empathic transmission (peacefulness) on nearest creature, duration: 7 minutes (-6 I.S.P.)
Scythe: Slash the one on Bryke with Tessa. (Strike: 23 | DMG: 17 M.D.
Raz: Holster Pistol
Alvidan: attempt to get a grip on the creature he is fighting 1d20+5 = 18
Creature 1: Swipe at Raz. (Strike: 9; Damage: 40 M.D.) (Parried)
Creature 2: Swipe at Bryke. (Strike: 20; Damage: 40 M.D.) (Dodged)


Bryke continues to take his frustration out on the creature in front of him, While Az Rael goes defensive and communicates with Pertinax. "I’m not waiting long.” Pertinax for his part tries to instill peaceful emotions into the creature closest to him, while scythe goes for a cheap shot on the creature near Bryke. Raz holsters his crystalline pistol in favor of his natural claws. Alvidan grabs the creature in front of him with a mighty bear hug, finding it a bit squishy on top of all the hard debris. The creature seems unphased by the empathic message or Alvidan’s grabbing of it, as it swipes at Raz who bats the blow away from himself. The other creature attacks Bryke, who seems to unconsciously dodge the blow.

Action Three
Bryke: Dual Knife strike on creature. (Strike: 18/17; Damage: 32 M.D./ 36 M.D.)
Az Rael: Parry With Shade Sword and Light Blade,
Pert: Empathic transmission (peacefulness) on second creature, duration: 6 minutes (-6 I.S.P.)
Scythe: Held at Pert’s request.
Raz: Claw Strike; (Strike: 10; Damage: 71 M.D.)
Alvidan: Attempt to uproot the creature/lift it from the ground (can lift 2400 pounds)
Creature 1: Swipe at Pertinax. (Strike: 9; Damage: 60 M.D.) (Parried)
Creature 2: Swipe at Scythe: (Strike: 12; Damage: 10 M.D.) (Parried)


Bryke puts more stab wounds into the creature, while Az Rael keeps to the defensive for the moment. Pertinax tries to calm the other creature. Raz tears into the creature before him, while Alvidan tries to lift the creature, but he finds his grip is unstable and that the creature is far beyond his lifting capacity. The Creature takes a swipe at Pertinax for his troubles, but finds the blow knocked aside by the Tarlok’s vibro-axe. Scythe parries another bone shattering blow with Tessa’s blade.

Action Four
Bryke: Dual Knife strike on creature. (Strike: 7/6; Damage: 40 M.D./ 26 M.D.)
Az Rael: Strike With Shade Sword Parry with Light Blade (Strike: 20, Damage: 21 M.D.)
Pert: Contingency pistol shot, (strike: 11/ Damage: 6 M.D.)
Scythe: Slash the one on Bryke with Tessa. (Strike: 16 | DMG: 20 M.D.)
Raz: Claw Strike; (Strike: 7; Damage: 17 M.D.)
Alvidan: if the first attempt is not enough, he will try harder.
Creature 1: Swipe at Az Rael. (Strike: 20; Damage: 50 M.D.) (Parried/Tied)
Creature 2: Swipe at Bryke. (Strike: Nat 20; Damage: 80 M.D.) (Not Dodged)


Bryke just goes back to work stabbing the creature before him. Az Rael tires of waiting and takes a swing at the creature before him, while Pertinax, seeing his plan failed, fires his gun point blank into the beast. Scythe takes back up on trying to finish the creature off, and cuts into it with his faux rune sword. Raz again buries his claws into the creature while Alvidan gives it another try to pick the creature up, but still finds his grip tenuous at best and the creature several tons heavier than he could ever lift. The creature takes a swipe at Azrael, who parries the attack away from himself barely. Bryke takes a brutal blow and his Cosmic Armor shatters, he drops a few inches to the ground.

Action Five - Seven
Az Rael: Strike With Shade Sword Parry with Light Blade. (Strike: 30, Damage: 23 M.D.)
Pert: Contingency pistol shot, (Strike: 22/Damage: 7 M.D.)
Scythe: Slash the one on Bryke with Tessa. (Strike: 24 | DMG: 21 M.D.)
Raz: Claw Strike; (Strike: 13; Damage: 57 M.D.)
Alvidan: if he is unable to lift/uproot the thing, he with gather up his sword.
Creature 1: Swipe at Alvidan. (Strike: 13; Damage: 60 M.D.) (Parried)
Creature 2: Swipe at Scythe. (Strike: 17; Damage: 20 M.D.)(Parried)

Action Six: Az Rael: Strike With Shade Sword Parry with Light Blade (Strike: 25, Damage: 21 M.D.)
Pert: Contingency pistol shot, (Strike: 23/Damage: 9 M.D.)
Scythe: Slash the one on Bryke with Tessa. (Strike: 14 | DMG: 24 M.D.)
Raz: Claw Strike; (Strike: 9; Damage: 56 M.D.)
Alvidan: and back away while he tries to think of another option
Creature 1: Swipe at Raz. (Strike: 23; Damage: 40 M.D.) (Not Parried)
Creature 2: Swipe at Bryke: (Strike: 21; Damage: 50 M.D.) Out of actions)

Action Seven: Az Rael: Strike With Shade Sword Parry with Light Blade (Strike: 16, Damage: 26 M.D.)
Pert: Contingency pistol shot, (Strike: 8/Damage: 11 M.D.)
Scythe: Slash the one on Bryke with Tessa. (Strike: 20 | DMG: 27 M.D.)
Raz: Claw Strike; (Strike: 9; Damage: 59 M.D.)
Creature 1: Swipe at Pertinax. (Strike: 23; Damage: 30 M.D.) (Parried)
Creature 2: Swipe at Scythe. (Strike: Nat 20; Damage: 40 M.D.) (Not Parried)


The group continues to pound on the creatures with various attacks, while Alvidan collects up his sword and flees the immediate range of it’s attacks. Both Raz and Scythe take blows that only emphasize the creature's immense strength. But luckily the creature that Raz, Pertinax, and Az Rael kept assaulting seems to falter and collapse, a sickly green ooze leaking from it’s debris covered corpse.

Butcher’s Bill
Az Rael: -40 M.D.
Pertinax: Armor: Main Body: -60 M.D.C., -34 I.S.P.
Alvidan: -4 I.S.P.
Bryke: -50 S.D.C. Cosmic Armor: Destroyed, -112 I.S.P.
Scythe: AOI: -40 M.D.C., Mystic Alarm (Duration: 4 years, Keyed to Scythe), -25 P.P.E
Raz: -40 M.D.C..
Creature One: Dead?
Creature Two: Still ticking.



What do you do?”
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1330
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Az Rael » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:27 am

Perception: 1d100 = 34 vs (55%) +15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% When dealing with Vampires or the Undead, +5% when pertaining to ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
JIC: 1d20 = 19 and 1d100 = 28

Current Condition
Thermo Kinetic Armor, Integrated Sensor Pod, 360° scanning capability - +3 Initiative, +2 to Parry, +2 to Dodge, +5 to Roll w/, allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise., Armor of Ithan: 30/30 MDC, 2:45 min remain, Shade Sword: 11:30 min remain, Damage: 6d6, Light Blade Talisman 2:30 min, Damage: 1d4x10+3, Shadow Meld, Duration: 11:15 min - +15% to Prowl, totally invisible even to see the invisible, attackers are -5 to strike


Butcher Bill Az Rael
PPE: -32
Armor of Ithan 2/3

Skills

Combat Data

Initiative: 1d20+12 = 27
Number of attacks: 6 (+1 shadows and darkness)

Action 1: Move to the next beast, talk

Action 2: Strike With Shade Sword Parry with Light Blade, talk
-Shade Sword: Strike , Damage 6d6 = 23,
-Light Blade: Parry 1d20+15 = 27

Action 3: Strike With Shade Sword Parry with Light Blade
-Shade Sword: Strike 1d20+12 = 20, Damage 6d6 = 24,
-Light Blade: Parry 1d20+15 = 28

Action 4: Strike With Shade Sword Parry with Light Blade
-Shade Sword: Strike 1d20+12 = 28, Damage 6d6 = 24,
-Light Blade: Parry 1d20+15 = 26

Action 5: Strike With Shade Sword Parry with Light Blade
-Shade Sword: Strike 1d20+12 = 31, Damage 6d6 = 18,
-Light Blade: Parry 1d20+15 = 16

Action 6: Strike With Shade Sword Parry with Light Blade
-Shade Sword: Strike 1d20+12 = 19, Damage 6d6 = 29,
-Light Blade: Parry 1d20+15 = 30

Action 7: Strike With Shade Sword Parry with Light Blade
-Shade Sword: Strike 1d20+12 = 14, Damage 6d6 = 25,
-Light Blade: Parry 1d20+15 = 20

*Shade Sword Notes for GM: Those who fail not only take damage, but fight at -2 to strike and parry for the next melee round. Anyone receiving multiple hits from a Shadesword must save vs magic for each, or suffer a cumulative negative bonus for an extended duration (one melee per each strike by the sword).

Parries: Noted in actions
Dodge: 1d20+13 = 14, 1d20+13 = 21, 1d20+13 = 28, 1d20+13 = 17
Auto-Dodges: 1d20+4 = 14, 1d20+4 = 9, 1d20+4 = 6, 1d20+4 = 16, 1d20+4 = 22, 1d20+4 = 6, 1d20+4 = 19,

Contingencies:
-If Az Rael begins to take overwhelming damage he will move to a defensive posture, dodging as necessary.


POST

Seeing the creature fall to floor brings a sense of satisfaction to Az Rael. He nods ever so briefly to the creature and says, "You fight is over." He immediately looks up to the next creature and moves to finish the task. You must move on with your kin. It is time, he thinks as he moves to attack it.

Az Rael hold to the balanced approach, parrying incoming attacks as he can with the light blade and striking vigorously with the shadow blade. As he fights he wonders, Is it dead? Realizing he knows nothing of these creatures his mind is conflicted with doubt, Is that, blood?

Regardless he doesn't slow his onslaught, They can be killed. That is the most important fact to take away from this. Az Rael calls out to the team "Should we be concerned about the blood? Az Rael focuses on the creatures transition hoping someone on the team has an idea about the "blood".

A simple smile sets on Az Rael's face, cold and excited. A familiar rush forcing his skin flush. The opportunity to help you cross over is glorious. "Thank you for the opportunity"
P.P.E.: 65 / 99
I.S.P.: 47 / 47
H.P.: 34 / 34
S.D.C.: 82 / 82

Perception Bonus: 52%
+15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% dealing with Vampires/Undead, +5% Ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
BA-26 EBA armor M.D.C: 90 / 90

Charm/Impress: 25%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 60%
Horror/Awe Factor: 12


Az Rael

Always On
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis (special)
  • Sense the Presence of Vampire and Vampire Intelligences (Special)
  • Sence Rifts and Ley Lines (special)


Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Commando lvl 5
  • Number of Attacks: 5 (+1 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • P.P.E.: Channel 15 P.P.E per attack
  • Initiative Bonus: +4
  • Strike Bonus: +6 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Parry Bonus: +7 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Dodge Bonus: +7 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Entangle: +2
  • HTH Damage Bonus: +4
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +3
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch: +5
  • Bonus to Disarm: +1
  • Bonus to Automatic Body Flip: +1
  • Bonus to Automatic Dodge: +3


Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Magic (varies): +2
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+):
  • Insanity (12+): +8
  • Psionics (varies): +8
  • Mind Control via psionics or drugs: +1
  • Horror Factor (varies): +9
User avatar
Az Rael
Group Leader
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:34 pm

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Raz I'Syul Arro » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:19 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 12/36%
JIC: 1d20 = 13;1d100 = 50


Active Effects:
  • Sixth Sense
  • Horror Factor: 11
  • Keen Sense of Smell and Sharp Color vision
  • NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor: +5% to prowl skill; -70% to electronic perception/detection rolls; Masks IR and Thermal Emissions



Raz sneers at the fallen beast, Stay down. Raz replies to Az as he moves to the other beast, "We can figure that out when the other one is dealt with. Focus on the active threat first." Raz moves to an open spot and begins to tear into the beast with his claws.

Combat:
APM: 7

Init: 1d20+1 = 13

Action 1: Move and talk
Action 2: Claw Strike: 1d20+6 = 26 Nat 20; Damage: 1d6*10 = 60 + 2d6 = 8 = 68 x2 = 136 MD
Action 3: Claw Strike: 1d20+6 = 23; Damage: 1d6*10 = 40 + 2d6 = 11 = 51 MD
Action 4: Claw Strike: 1d20+6 = 9; Damage: 1d6*10 = 50 + 2d6 = 3 = 53 MD
Action 5: Claw Strike: 1d20+6 = 22; Damage: 1d6*10 = 40 + 2d6 = 3 = 43 MD
Action 6: Claw Strike: 1d20+6 = 18; Damage: 1d6*10 = 30 + 2d6 = 4 = 34 MD
Action 7: Claw Strike: 1d20+6 = 23; Damage: 1d6*10 = 20 + 2d6 = 5 = 25 MD

Auto-Dodge: 1d20+5 = 19; 1d20+5 = 12; 1d20+5 = 24; 1d20+5 = 12; 1d20+5 = 17; 1d20+5 = 12; 1d20+5 = 11
Auto-Parry: 1d20+7 = 18; 1d20+7 = 14; 1d20+7 = 13; 1d20+7 = 23; 1d20+7 = 15; 1d20+7 = 19; 1d20+7 = 8

Contingencies:
-If Raz's FF pops he will sacrifice an action to immediately activate the AOI talisman he has.
Raz I'Syul Arro

Sixth Sense
Horror Factor: 11
I.S.P.: 39/47
M.D.C.: 204/204
Half Damage from M.D. Fire and energy attacks (Including magical)


Armor
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 40/40
  • Arms: L: 20/20 R: 20/20
  • Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30
  • Main Body: 80/80

N-F20A Medium Force Field--OFF
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 75/75

Weapons
NE-11 Slim-Line Plasma Cartridge Rifle 17/20 (NE-003PC)

Crystal Paralyzer 20/20
User avatar
Raz I'Syul Arro
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:26 pm

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Pertinax » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:49 am

Perception (24%): 1d100 = 76
JiC: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 82

Armor
Loksuit Power Armor - M.D.C. by location
    Main Body - 55
    Head/Helmet - 50
    Arms - 50 each
    Legs - 60 each
N-F40A Heavy Force Field - 110/110 M.D.C. (Inactive: 479.5/480 min.)
Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Inactive)
Dreadmaster Mask
Combat Harness
Dreadmaster Pants
Dreadmaster Boots

Weapons
NE-RV07 Ripper Vibro Axe
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (19/30)
Talisman of Lightblade (Inactivate)

Combat Rolls
APM:7
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 10
1. Shoot the ooze with pistol, strike - 1d20+4 = 8/damage - 2d6 = 7 M.D.
Contingency parry with vibro axe - 1d20+6 = 9
2. Shoot the ooze with pistol, strike - 1d20+4 = 9/damage - 2d6 = 8 M.D.
Contingency parry with vibro axe - 1d20+6 = 26
3. Shoot the ooze with pistol, strike - 1d20+4 = 8/damage - 2d6 = 8 M.D.
Contingency parry with vibro axe - 1d20+6 = 11
4. Shoot the ooze with pistol, strike - 1d20+4 = 6/damage - 2d6 = 8 M.D.
Contingency parry with vibro axe - 1d20+6 = 10
5. Shoot the ooze with pistol, strike - 1d20+4 = 16/damage - 2d6 = 8 M.D.
Contingency parry with vibro axe - 1d20+6 = 17
6. Shoot the ooze with pistol, strike - 1d20+4 = 14/damage - 2d6 = 6 M.D.
Contingency parry with vibro axe - 1d20+6 = 25
7. Shoot the ooze with pistol, strike - 1d20+4 = 5/damage - 2d6 = 5 M.D.
Contingency parry with vibro axe - 1d20+6 = 25
Contingencies
1. When the ooze is assuredly no more, move to other room and shoot at other monster
2. Inspect last room of tomb when both monsters are dead

Butcher's Bill (Cumulative)
-46 I.S.P.


Alex wrote:"Should we be concerned about the blood?"

Pertinax looks at the rubble and sees the green ooze dripping from its cracks. Is it blood? You can't be certain He raises his pistol and opens fire on it. "Yes. It might sentient slime."

He continues to fire on the ooze until he is sure that the ooze is dead or it was never a threat. If the ooze is in fact alive, and it decides to lunge at Pertinax, he will have his axe on hand to deflect it. However, once the monster in the far room is neutralized, he will then move to the previous room to aid the other Rogues with the monster there.

If both monsters are destroyed, Pertinax will step back to the farthest room in the tomb and inspect it. He will rummage through the looter's debris, carefully, to look for anything of value. Not just treasure, he will look for clues to what was in the room, including what was in the pit where the monsters emerged from.
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348/348
P.P.E.: 11/11
I.S.P.: 120/120
User avatar
Pertinax
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Bryke » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:51 pm

Perception: 34% 1d100 = 12
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 79

Conditions:
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Doesn't breathe air and is immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and has eagle-like normal vision.
Sixth Sense
HF 10

Telekinesis: 11min:30sec

Combat:
Initiative:1d20+2 = 9
6 attacks
WP: Paired Weapons

A1: Use Telekinesis to activate force field.

A2:
Dual punch creature.
lead hand; Strike:1d20+3 = 5; Damage:7d6 = 30 + 2d4 = 6
Follow up; Strike:1d20+3 = 18; Damage:7d6 = 24 + 2d4 = 5

A3:
Dual punch creature.
lead hand; Strike:1d20+3 = 23; Damage:7d6 = 23 + 2d4 = 7
Follow up; Strike:1d20+3 = 13; Damage:7d6 = 24 + 2d4 = 4

A4:
Dual punch creature.
lead hand; Strike:1d20+3 = 5; Damage:7d6 = 27 + 2d4 = 3
Follow up; Strike:1d20+3 = 20; Damage:7d6 = 24 + 2d4 = 5

A5:
Dual punch creature.
lead hand; Strike:1d20+3 = 7; Damage:7d6 = 21 + 2d4 = 4
Follow up; Strike:1d20+3 = 20; Damage:7d6 = 13 + 2d4 = 4

A6:
Dual punch creature.
lead hand; Strike:1d20+3 = 22; Damage:7d6 = 24 + 2d4 = 5
Follow up; Strike:1d20+3 = 23; Damage:7d6 = 22 + 2d4 = 7

Parries: 1d20+6 = 13|1d20+6 = 22|1d20+6 = 22|1d20+6 = 22|1d20+6 = 9|1d20+6 = 16
Dodges: 1d20+6 = 26|1d20+6 = 8|1d20+6 = 7|1d20+6 = 20|1d20+6 = 12|1d20+6 = 9


Contingencies:
If Bryke's force field is overloaded, Bryke will trade an action to cast Armor of Ithan.
Bryke will continue to fight the one creature until it is no more, before switching to another target.
If a punchknife breaks, Bryke will continue to punch the creature.


Post:
What is this thing made of, why isn't it dieing?

The creature could not have known, but the Time Master was deeply offended by it attacking and destroying its coveted Cosmic Armor, therefore The Promethean is determined to finish off the creature and continues to pummel the thing until it stops moving.
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 83%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.


PPE: 236/236
ISP: 14/125
SDC: 634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP: 155/155

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
User avatar
Bryke
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Alvidan » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:37 am

Perception: 1d100 = 47 (32%)
JIC d20/d100: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 83
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Telemechanics, Tattoo Sword (14:30)

Combat:
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 22
Number of attacks: 7
Action 1) Move in to attack remaining creature if there is room.
Contingent action: if there is no room to get into melee, then activate Flaming Winged Dagger (30 PPE).
Contingent action: Parry 1d20+8 = 10

Action 2) Attack with Sword: 1d20+7 = 17 Damage if hits: 4d6 = 17 MDC
Contingent Action: Throw Dagger 1d20+5 = 14, Damage if hits 1d6 = 6 MDC
Contingent action: Parry With Sword 1d20+8 = 13

Action 3) Attack with Sword: 1d20+7 = 22 Damage if hits: 4d6 = 17 MDC
Contingent Action: Throw Dagger 1d20+5 = 20, Damage if hits 1d6 = 5 MDC
Contingent action: Parry With Sword 1d20+8 = 21

Action 4) Attack with Sword: 1d20+7 = 27 Damage if hits: 4d6 = 13 MDC
Contingent Action: Throw Dagger 1d20+5 = 8, Damage if hits 1d6 = 1 MDC
Contingent action: Parry With Sword 1d20+8 = 11

Action 5) Attack with Sword: 1d20+7 = 10 Damage if hits: 4d6 = 13 MDC
Contingent Action: Throw Dagger 1d20+5 = 14, Damage if hits 1d6 = 2 MDC
Contingent action: Parry With Sword 1d20+8 = 24

Action 6) Attack with Sword: 1d20+7 = 24 Damage if hits: 4d6 = 10 MDC
Contingent Action: Throw Dagger 1d20+5 = 14, Damage if hits 1d6 = 2 MDC
Contingent action: Parry With Sword 1d20+8 = 23

Action 7) Attack with Sword: 1d20+7 = 24 Damage if hits: 4d6 = 13 MDC
Contingent Action: Throw Dagger 1d20+5 = 19, Damage if hits 1d6 = 4 MDC
Contingent action: Parry With Sword 1d20+8 = 26

OOC Comments
sword will be in off-hand if throwing dagger, not sure if there is a penalty involved


Contingent Dodges: Only used if an area effect would harm him, 1d20+4 = 21, 1d20+4 = 11, 1d20+4 = 21, 1d20+4 = 19, 1d20+4 = 21, 1d20+4 = 21

Given these things apparently can be at least forced to abandon their shells, he moves in on the remaining creature to attack again with his blade. He is not sure the slime is dead, but it is probably less dangerous in that form. Creatures that use a shell to attack are usually less effective without it.

Contingency: In the event there is no room to get into melee with the creature, he conjures his knife and throws that repeatedly, using the returning feature.
Alvidan
 

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Scythe » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:55 am

Perception: 1d100 = 80/41%
JiC: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 47

Conditions: Sixth Sense (-2 ISP, No longer Active) || Sense Magic in Use (400/ft) | Automatically Sense Rifts (700 miles) | Sense Ley Lines and Nexus (40 miles) | W-F1: Armor of Ithan [9:15mins | 1st Charge] | W-F1: Presence Sense [29:15min | 120ft range | 2nd Charge] | W-F1: See the Invisible [14:15min | 200ft range | 1st Charge]

Skills:
Lore, Galactic and Alien: 1d100 = 79/68% (Could the slime be sentient and/or safe to take a sample of?)
Wilderness Survival: 1d100 = 68/83% (Could the slime be sentient and/or safe to take a sample of?)

Combat:
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 5
APM: 7

A1: Slash at the one on Bryke. Strike: 1d20+8 = 14 | Damage: 6d6 = 27
A2: Slash at the one on Bryke. Strike: 1d20+8 = 23 | Damage: 6d6 = 26
A3: Slash at the one on Bryke. Strike: 1d20+8 = 17 | Damage: 6d6 = 29
A4: Slash at the one on Bryke. Strike: 1d20+8 = 23 | Damage: 6d6 = 22
A5: Slash at the one on Bryke. Strike: 1d20+8 = 23 | Damage: 6d6 = 25
A6: Slash at the one on Bryke. Strike: 1d20+8 = 14 | Damage: 6d6 = 17
A7: Slash at the one on Bryke. Strike: 1d20+8 = 9 | Damage: 6d6 = 18

Parries: 1d20+5 = 22 | 1d20+5 = 12 | 1d20+5 = 7 | 1d20+5 = 23 | 1d20+5 = 20 | 1d20+5 = 22 | 1d20+5 = 25
Dodges: 1d20+3 = 12 | 1d20+3 = 19 | 1d20+3 = 22 | 1d20+3 = 8 | 1d20+3 = 10 | 1d20+3 = 7 | 1d20+3 = 23

Contingencies:
Scythe will use his talisman to reactivate his AoI should it pop

Post:

Az wrote:"Should we be concerned about the blood?"


Scythe thinks mid-parry. A creature that survived on this world and mutated in this way as a gelatinous amorphous type would be worth study. Especially if it is sentient slime, perhaps a sample. Scythe muses to himself. "Sentient slime or no, we're in EBA. Finish this one." Scythe remarks over the radio, referencing the one him and Bryke are parrying with.

Scythe will continue his assault with Tessa as he can discern no vulnerabilities, mentally chastising himself for being caught so completely unawares. He may be considered a child by the deific and obviously an amateur in what could exist in the galaxies, but being caught this off guard irritated the temporal demi-god to no ends.
“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Scythe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)


Active Stats, Conditions and Equipment
Active Stats:
P.P.E.: 223/223 || I.S.P.: 42/42| M.D.C.: 97/97
Current Active Conditions: Horror Factor 10 || Fire/Cold 1/2 DMG || Regenerates 1d6*5 M.D.C. /minute || Sixth Sense (2) || Sense Magic in Use (400/ft) | Automatically Sense Rifts (700 miles)

Active Equipment:
Warlock Combat Armor W-F1 Model || M.D.C. by location; W-F1 Armor of Ithan: 100/100 | Shoulder(L): 100/100 \/ Shoulder(R): 100/100 | Arm(L): 120/120 \/ Arm(R): 120/120 | Leg(L): 150/150 \/ Leg(R): 150/150| Head: 80/80 | Head Armor of Ithan: 50/50| MB: 320/320
Light Concealed LLW Armor (under W-F1) || M.D.C. by location; MB: 40/40 | Arm(L):15/15 \/ Arm(R): 15/15 | Leg(L):25/25\/ Leg(R): 25/25
Altess Eviscerator (Patron) || M.D.C. 500/500 | Regenerates 2d6 M.D.C./hour | Melee DMG: 6d6 M.D.C. | Electrical Discharge; Range: Touch or up too 200', DMG: 4d6, Payload: 4 (Regenerates 4 every hour)
Phase Beamer || Range: 400', DMG 3d6 or 4d6. || Does S.D.C. to S.D.C. and M.D.C. to M.D.C. and Force fields. Does not damage armor.

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 24%
Magic (varies): +3 (+1 @ 6, 8, 11, 14)
Lethal Poison (14+): +1
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
Insanity (12+): +1
Psionics (varies): +2
Horror Factor (varies): +4 (+1 @ 8, 12)
Illusions (varies): +2
Mind Control (varies): +2
User avatar
Scythe
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:40 pm

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Consumer » Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:49 am

Where did I leave my Shield

Date & Time wrote:Day 94 since departure.
Time: 12:50 PM Center Reckoning. (5 minutes since last post)
Temperature: Tomb 59 degrees. With zero humidity.
Weather: Cool and dry..


Skills
Scythe: Lore, Galactic and Alien (Could the slime be sentient and/or safe to take a sample of?): No clue, Scythe is completely unsure.
Wilderness Survival (Could the slime be sentient and/or safe to take a sample of?): This skill doesn't cover stuff like that.


Map

On the Planet:
Everyone

Initiative order
Az Rael: 27
Alvidan: 22
Raz: 13
Pertinax: 10
Bryke: 9
Scythe: 5
Creature 2: Last.


The next fifteen seconds are a flurry of activity with most of the group moving to go and attack the other creature that Scythe and Bryke have been fighting, while Pert gives the dead creature one more shot just to be sure, and he’s pretty sure it’s dead, but never having dealt with anything like this he could be wrong. All in all the team surrounds the creature and lays the hurt, while it tries to lash out at all around him, lightly hitting both Alvidan and Bryke. In the end the second creature ends up like the first, a large pile of rubble with a sickly green ooze leaking from it. With all threats dealt with as far as the team can tell, a search begins in earnest.

After several minutes of searching, the group finds a metal disk that very much resembles the shield they’ve been sent to retrieve. It was buried under several tons of rubble that was the first creature, integrated into it’s amorphous body.

Butcher’s Bill
Az Rael: -40 M.D.
Pertinax: Armor: Main Body: -60 M.D.C., -34 I.S.P.
Alvidan: Armor: Main Body: -10 M.D.C., -4 I.S.P.
Bryke: NE-F40A: -20 M.D.C. -50 S.D.C. Cosmic Armor: Destroyed, -112 I.S.P.
Scythe: AOI: -40 M.D.C., Mystic Alarm (Duration: 4 years, Keyed to Scythe), -25 P.P.E
Raz: -40 M.D.C..
Creature One: Dead?
Creature Two: Dead?.


GM Note: I do not like Parries in your attacks, they belong below like I asked. It's not hard guys. Bryke got it right, though technically he was not able to parry given his using both knives to attack, but they were in the right spot at least. So here's the Combat Post template once again. ~Consumer


What do you do?”
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1330
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Scythe » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:27 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 37 / 41%
JiC: 1d100 = 26 / 1d20 = 19

Conditions: Sixth Sense (-2 ISP, No longer Active) || Sense Magic in Use (400/ft) | Automatically Sense Rifts (700 miles) | Sense Ley Lines and Nexus (40 miles) | W-F1: Armor of Ithan [4:15mins | 1st Charge] | W-F1: Presence Sense [24:15min | 120ft range | 2nd Charge] | W-F1: See the Invisible [10:15min | 200ft range | 1st Charge] | Sense Magic [10 minutes | 120ft area]

Skills:
Research: 1d100 = 85 / 63%
Detect Ambush: 1d100 = 3 / 63%

Post:

That was almost too easy, and now I must wonder how such a being as Thraxus lost it when it was so readily recovered by us. Scythe muses to his blade, not hiding his returned disdain towards his deific patron. As the second creature falls and the shield seems to be recovered, Scythe gazes around the room itself and mutters an invocation to himself: Sensus Magicae, to allow him to sense magic that may still be within this room or nearby. "We've got what we came for it seems, a look around for any potential artifacts or other useful items would be prudent, I'd also like a sample of this amphoras being to study later, but possess no means to carry it. Perhaps one of you have a container you don't need at the moment? Then I can return us quickly to the surface using a spell, we'll still need to walk back to the ship, but we avoid the corridors on the way out, and any potential uninvited guests." Scythe remarks.

Scythe will see if his senses alert him to any magic, idle or otherwise, that may be within the room or nearby, searching for an artifact or the like. He'll also keep an eye on his Presence Sense Radar to ensure he doesn't ping anything coming from the way they came. If anyone offers a container to Scythe, he will use it and Tessa to slice a piece of the goo/slime and put it in the container and then store the container in the right pocket of his hard backpack

Should anyone ask about his means of getting them to the surface, Scythe will explain. "I can create a magical portal, it's range is short and it is rather short lived, but it can allow us to travel short and complicated distances quickly. We can also use it like a window, seeing the other side without needing to step through. Those at the destination of this portal see nothing, though anyone that can sense magic will know it is there."

Sense Magic
Sense Magic (4) – Sensus Magicae
Range: 120 foot (36 m) area.
Duration: Two minutes (8 melees) per level of experience.
Saving Throw: None.
P.P.E.: Four
This magic ability enables the character to sense or feel the presence of magic. Like a Geiger counter, the individual
can tell if he is near (within 20 feetl6 m) or far (toward the limit of the range). The ability can also indicate whether
a person or object is enchanted/under a magic spell, is in the process of invoking magic, or if magic is being used in
the range area.
Note: Men of Magic and most supernatural beings do NOT register as magic except when they are actually casting
a speWusing magic. Psychic powers can not be detected with this spell.
“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Scythe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)


Active Stats, Conditions and Equipment
Active Stats:
P.P.E.: 223/223 || I.S.P.: 42/42| M.D.C.: 97/97
Current Active Conditions: Horror Factor 10 || Fire/Cold 1/2 DMG || Regenerates 1d6*5 M.D.C. /minute || Sixth Sense (2) || Sense Magic in Use (400/ft) | Automatically Sense Rifts (700 miles)

Active Equipment:
Warlock Combat Armor W-F1 Model || M.D.C. by location; W-F1 Armor of Ithan: 100/100 | Shoulder(L): 100/100 \/ Shoulder(R): 100/100 | Arm(L): 120/120 \/ Arm(R): 120/120 | Leg(L): 150/150 \/ Leg(R): 150/150| Head: 80/80 | Head Armor of Ithan: 50/50| MB: 320/320
Light Concealed LLW Armor (under W-F1) || M.D.C. by location; MB: 40/40 | Arm(L):15/15 \/ Arm(R): 15/15 | Leg(L):25/25\/ Leg(R): 25/25
Altess Eviscerator (Patron) || M.D.C. 500/500 | Regenerates 2d6 M.D.C./hour | Melee DMG: 6d6 M.D.C. | Electrical Discharge; Range: Touch or up too 200', DMG: 4d6, Payload: 4 (Regenerates 4 every hour)
Phase Beamer || Range: 400', DMG 3d6 or 4d6. || Does S.D.C. to S.D.C. and M.D.C. to M.D.C. and Force fields. Does not damage armor.

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 24%
Magic (varies): +3 (+1 @ 6, 8, 11, 14)
Lethal Poison (14+): +1
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
Insanity (12+): +1
Psionics (varies): +2
Horror Factor (varies): +4 (+1 @ 8, 12)
Illusions (varies): +2
Mind Control (varies): +2
User avatar
Scythe
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:40 pm

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Az Rael » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:43 am

Perception: 1d100 = 61 vs (55%) +15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% When dealing with Vampires or the Undead, +5% when pertaining to ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
JIC: 1d20 = 17 and 1d100 = 69

Current Condition
Thermo Kinetic Armor, Integrated Sensor Pod, 360° scanning capability - +3 Initiative, +2 to Parry, +2 to Dodge, +5 to Roll w/, allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise., Shade Sword: 6:30 min remain, Damage: 6d6, Shadow Meld, Duration: 6:15 min - +15% to Prowl, totally invisible even to see the invisible, attackers are -5 to strike


Butcher Bill Az Rael
PPE: -32
Armor of Ithan 2/3

Skills


POST

Az Rael steps back into a shadow as the second monster is finished. "You too may join your god now. Your fight is over." The light blade dissipates but he holds the shade sword. Looking down at it he feels the power of the shadows within him. They call to him, bidding him to stay longer. He looks around the room, not seeing any more direct threats he steps from the shadow. Az Rael see the what seems to be the shield recovered. "Are we sure that is it?", he asks the team in general. Do we even have a way to confirm?", he wonders.

Scythe wrote: "We've got what we came for it seems, a look around for any potential artifacts or other useful items would be prudent, I'd also like a sample of this amphoras being to study later, but possess no means to carry it. Perhaps one of you have a container you don't need at the moment? Then I can return us quickly to the surface using a spell, we'll still need to walk back to the ship, but we avoid the corridors on the way out, and any potential uninvited guests." Scythe remarks.


"It would benefit the team if we were as thorough as possible in are search for anything else that might be here." Az Rael pauses to look at the sarcophagus in the newest room, "We may even want to open these before we leave as well," he says pointing to the sarcophagus. Az Rael turns to Scythe, "I have a canteen, will that work? How does your spell work?" Az Rael tosses his canteen to Scythe.

Scythe wrote:Scythe will explain. "I can create a magical portal, it's range is short and it is rather short lived, but it can allow us to travel short and complicated distances quickly. We can also use it like a window, seeing the other side without needing to step through. Those at the destination of this portal see nothing, though anyone that can sense magic will know it is there."


He listens as Scythe explains further, "That works. First a deep look around though. Maybe our resident tomb raider might even find another room in here." Az Rael turns to Raz, "What do you say? You want to do a quick look to see if we are missing any other possible loot?" Thaxsus' bounty wasn't the largest for this mission. Our detour doesn't help with profits either.

"We could certainly bolster our take on this job after the issues with the ship in the first attempt." Az Rael will make his way tot he collapsed section inthe wall to see if there is anything there of interest. If he finds nothing he will make his way around the room looking to see anything before moving to the sarcophagus. "Anyone want to run a scan on this thing before I open it?"
P.P.E.: 65 / 99
I.S.P.: 47 / 47
H.P.: 34 / 34
S.D.C.: 82 / 82

Perception Bonus: 52%
+15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% dealing with Vampires/Undead, +5% Ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
BA-26 EBA armor M.D.C: 90 / 90

Charm/Impress: 25%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 60%
Horror/Awe Factor: 12


Az Rael

Always On
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis (special)
  • Sense the Presence of Vampire and Vampire Intelligences (Special)
  • Sence Rifts and Ley Lines (special)


Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Commando lvl 5
  • Number of Attacks: 5 (+1 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • P.P.E.: Channel 15 P.P.E per attack
  • Initiative Bonus: +4
  • Strike Bonus: +6 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Parry Bonus: +7 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Dodge Bonus: +7 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Entangle: +2
  • HTH Damage Bonus: +4
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +3
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch: +5
  • Bonus to Disarm: +1
  • Bonus to Automatic Body Flip: +1
  • Bonus to Automatic Dodge: +3


Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Magic (varies): +2
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+):
  • Insanity (12+): +8
  • Psionics (varies): +8
  • Mind Control via psionics or drugs: +1
  • Horror Factor (varies): +9
User avatar
Az Rael
Group Leader
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:34 pm

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Pertinax » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:28 pm

Perception (24%): 1d100 = 21
JiC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 62

Armor
Loksuit Power Armor - M.D.C. by location
    [size=85]Main Body - 55
    Head/Helmet - 50
    Arms - 50 each
    Legs - 60 each[size]
N-F40A Heavy Force Field - 110/110 M.D.C.; Duration - 480/480 min.
Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Inactive)
Dreadmaster Mask
Combat Harness
Dreadmaster Pants
Dreadmaster Boots
Weapons
NE-RV07 Ripper Vibro Axe
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)

Butcher's Bill (cumulative)
-46 I.S.P.


With the creatures seemingly dead, Pertinax goes about sifting through the debris in the looter's pit.

Alex wrote:"Are we sure that is it?"

With his teammates, he encounters a shield buried under the rubble, their objective. He carefully inspects the shield for any engravings. If he can pull an image of the shield on the HUD of his loksuit he will. What do you think makes this shield so special? Presuming that the shield looks like the one Thraxus wants, Pertinax gives Az Rel a not."I would hope so."

He holds the shield up in front of Scythe. "You can sense magicks. What do you see on the shield?"

If deemed safe to carry, Pertinax will hold on to the shield, slinging it over his back if possible. He agrees with Scythe's suggestion to use a magical portal to teleport back to the surface. He is less enthusiastic about looting the tomb, but money is money. Following behind Az Rael, Pertinax picks up whatever trinkets might have value.
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348/348
P.P.E.: 11/11
I.S.P.: 120/120
User avatar
Pertinax
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Raz I'Syul Arro » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:20 am

Perception: 1d100 = 17/36%
JIC: 1d20 = 13;1d100 = 74


Active Effects:
  • Sixth Sense
  • Horror Factor: 11
  • Keen Sense of Smell and Sharp Color vision
  • NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor: +5% to prowl skill; -70% to electronic perception/detection rolls; Masks IR and Thermal Emissions


Raz flexes and rubs his hands as the second creature stops moving. Huh. That was relatively easy. Still we could have been easily overwhelmed if there were more of them. I wonder what kind of creature they were. I hope Scythe's analysis yields some kind of result.

Az Rael wrote:He listens as Scythe explains further, "That works. First a deep look around though. Maybe our resident tomb raider might even find another room in here." Az Rael turns to Raz, "What do you say? You want to do a quick look to see if we are missing any other possible loot?" Thaxsus' bounty wasn't the largest for this mission. Our detour doesn't help with profits either.


Raz nods, "I am sure we have a few moments to look around for anything else of possible value." Raz makes a pass around the room looking for any more potential rooms or hidden places or hidden switches.

Whether or not he finds anything Raz will move out with everyone else when it is time to leave.

Mechanical Engineer-- 1d100 = 47/50% (Compare the engineering of all the switches for similarities and where one might be located in this room)
Basic Math-- 1d100 = 93/80% (Using the engineering result above; Calculate the probable location of another switch in the room Raz is currently in)
Raz I'Syul Arro

Sixth Sense
Horror Factor: 11
I.S.P.: 39/47
M.D.C.: 204/204
Half Damage from M.D. Fire and energy attacks (Including magical)


Armor
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 40/40
  • Arms: L: 20/20 R: 20/20
  • Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30
  • Main Body: 80/80

N-F20A Medium Force Field--OFF
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 75/75

Weapons
NE-11 Slim-Line Plasma Cartridge Rifle 17/20 (NE-003PC)

Crystal Paralyzer 20/20
User avatar
Raz I'Syul Arro
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:26 pm

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Bryke » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:34 am

Perception: 34% 1d100 = 43
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 42

Conditions:
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Doesn't breathe air and is immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and has eagle-like normal vision.
Sixth Sense
HF 10

Telekinesis: 6min:30sec

The Promethean, looks around calmly like a person entering a room for the first time. Creature, oozing blood and still, appears to have been dispatched, and that allows The Time Master to calm down.

That anger, over comes...

When Az Rael speaks in the comms Bryke returns this,

There is a golden coffin within the coffin, yet they both appeared empty.

Bryke then offers to open it up first.

Contingencies:
If Az Rael responds and Bryke looks in it first, Bryke will cast Armor of Ithan [10ppe, 7min, 70mdc] before doing so.
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 83%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.


PPE: 236/236
ISP: 14/125
SDC: 634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP: 155/155

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
User avatar
Bryke
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Consumer » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:08 am

Where did I leave my Shield

Date & Time wrote:Day 94 since departure.
Time: 12:55 PM Center Reckoning. (5 minutes since last post)
Temperature: Tomb 59 degrees. With zero humidity.
Weather: Cool and dry..


Skills
Scythe: Research Not sure what Scythe is researching, here is a prime example of why I like to have notes attached to skills.
Detect Ambush Again no note, but given the specific skill I won’t gripe too much. Scythe can see several possible ambush points, but nothing seems to be amiss.
Raz: Mechanical Engineer (Compare the engineering of all the switches for similarities and where one might be located in this room): You gather where they would likely be, but find no new switches or buttons
Basic Math (Using the engineering result above; Calculate the probable location of another switch in the room Raz is currently in): A bit of a stretch for basic math, detect concealment or a plain Perception roll.


Map

On the Planet:
Everyone

Scythe collects up some goo that is leaking from the pile of rubble, in Alex’s canteen. Pertinax looks at the shield and see’s if is a match for the one they’re looking for, and other than something resembling a diagram carved on it’s surface, doesn’t see anything particularly special about it. Az Rael and Bryke consider the two sarcophagus’ and decide to open them. Alex has to pull the fragile cloth covering the one in front of him away, leaving it tattered. Underneath is an unadorned stone sarcophagus, the lid’s mortar is no match for Az Rael’s strength, as it pops free relatively easily, Az Rael would think an unaugmented individual likely would have a hard time with it. Inside the stone sarcophagus is an unadorned, simple wooden casket, a box really. It doesn’t even seem to be made particularly well. A quick check inside reveals the dusty remains of a reptilian like creature, though given the age most of the remains have powdered into dust. No treasures are found.

Bryke in the other room, does much the same as Az Rael, but casts Armor of Ithan in precaution. The lid tears off easily enough given Bryke’s supernatural strength. As soon as the sarcophagus’ lid is removed Bryke feels a sense of dread wash over him, it’s heavy and makes him feel dirty. Inside the elaborate stone sarcophagus is a golden casket, adorned with colorful gemstones and brilliant carvings, it shines under the available light. When Bryke pulls it out he finds it very heavy (1,200 lbs) but not out of his lifting capacity.

Bryke please see PM. ~Consumer

Butcher’s Bill
Az Rael: -40 M.D.
Pertinax: Armor: Main Body: -60 M.D.C., -34 I.S.P.
Alvidan: Armor: Main Body: -10 M.D.C., -4 I.S.P.
Bryke: NE-F40A: -20 M.D.C. -50 S.D.C. Cosmic Armor: Destroyed, -112 I.S.P.
Scythe: AOI: -40 M.D.C., Mystic Alarm (Duration: 4 years, Keyed to Scythe), -25 P.P.E
Raz: -40 M.D.C..
Creature One: Dead?
Creature Two: dead, more than likely.



What do you do?”
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1330
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Az Rael » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:20 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 74 vs (55%) +15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% When dealing with Vampires or the Undead, +5% when pertaining to ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
JIC: 1d100 = 12 and 1d100 = 31

Current Condition
Thermo Kinetic Armor, Integrated Sensor Pod, 360° scanning capability - +3 Initiative, +2 to Parry, +2 to Dodge, +5 to Roll w/, allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise., Shade Sword: 1:30 min remain, Damage: 6d6, Shadow Meld, Duration: 1:15 min - +15% to Prowl, totally invisible even to see the invisible, attackers are -5 to strike


Butcher Bill Az Rael
PPE: -32
Armor of Ithan 2/3

Skills
Lore: Magic
--General Knowledge: 72% vs 1d100 = 83 - Examine the coffin for anything that might give him pause for bringing it on board the ship
--Recog. Magic Circles, Runes, etc: 62% vs 1d100 = 45 - Examine the coffin for any runes and or circles
--Recognize Enchantment 50% vs 1d100 = 81 - Examine the coffin to see if it is enchanted
Pilot: Spacecraft Advanced 53% vs 1d100 = 33 - Complete pre-flight checks on ship
Sensory Equipment 52% vs 1d100 = 22 - Complete pre-flight checks on sensors
Radio: Basic 77%vs 1d100 = 77 - Complete pre-flightchecks on the communication equipment
Pilot: Spacecraft Advanced 53% vs 1d100 = 92 - Pilot the ship off the planet

POST

Az Rael is disappointedas he swipes through the remains of the dead reptilian and finds nothing, There is no way the bounty on that shield will cover the expenses of repairing the ship. He walks into the next room as Bryke is pulling the gold casket from the other sarcophagus. His eyes brighten and he smiles, Now that, on the other hand. That might might fetch a pretty penny. Az Rael waks closer to take a look and asks, "We are sure it's empty?"

He take moment to examine the outside to see if there are any magical properties he can discern. Once he is satisfied he has figured out all he can he addresses the team, "Alright, if nobody has anything else they want to check, lets get out of here. Agreed?"

Az Rael will make his way back out of the structure and head back to the ship, Now we just have to get back without the ship breaking down." Even as he thinks the thought he looks around for something wooden to knock on. "Let's get the coffin locked down in the cargo bay and prep for takeoff as soon as we get back. No reason to delay on the planet longer than we have to."

When Az Rael gets to the tunnel they started down he chuckles to himself at the thought of Bryke wiggling back up while pushing the sarcophagus. Almost worth hanging back just to watch, he thinks to himself but decides to push through and out first. On the surface he checks the radiation levels and his suits integrity to make sure nothing has changed, then starts back for the ship.

Back on the ship Az Rael makes his way to the bridge and checks to make sure the ship is as they left it. He runs pre-flight checks and preps the rogue for flight. With his helmet off he will address the team over ship comms, "We should be able to jump back quickly. The plan is to go straight to Thraxus to deliver the shield, then we can look for a buyer for the casket. "

If all the pre-checks look good Az Rael will buckle in and pilot the ship off the planet. Looking over at Pertinax he will say, "keep a hand on the controls, it was bumpy coming in. I don't expect anything better taking off." Once they leave the planets atmosphere Az Rael will engage the jump drive to take them back to the gates at center.
P.P.E.: 65 / 99
I.S.P.: 47 / 47
H.P.: 34 / 34
S.D.C.: 82 / 82

Perception Bonus: 52%
+15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% dealing with Vampires/Undead, +5% Ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
BA-26 EBA armor M.D.C: 90 / 90

Charm/Impress: 25%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 60%
Horror/Awe Factor: 12


Az Rael

Always On
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis (special)
  • Sense the Presence of Vampire and Vampire Intelligences (Special)
  • Sence Rifts and Ley Lines (special)


Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Commando lvl 5
  • Number of Attacks: 5 (+1 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • P.P.E.: Channel 15 P.P.E per attack
  • Initiative Bonus: +4
  • Strike Bonus: +6 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Parry Bonus: +7 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Dodge Bonus: +7 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Entangle: +2
  • HTH Damage Bonus: +4
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +3
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch: +5
  • Bonus to Disarm: +1
  • Bonus to Automatic Body Flip: +1
  • Bonus to Automatic Dodge: +3


Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Magic (varies): +2
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+):
  • Insanity (12+): +8
  • Psionics (varies): +8
  • Mind Control via psionics or drugs: +1
  • Horror Factor (varies): +9
User avatar
Az Rael
Group Leader
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:34 pm

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Alvidan » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:16 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 50 vs 29%
JIC: 1d20/1d100 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 90

Conditions: Sixth Sense, Tattoo Sword (14 min 0 sec)

Skills:
Sensory Equipment: 1d100 = 89 vs 65% To check for anything impeding our launch vector
Computer Programming: 1d100 = 14 vs 65% To check our flight programs
Starship Mechanics: 1d100 = 36 vs 32% To check for any problems with the ship
Mechanical Engineer: 1d100 = 50 vs 35% To assist in checking for problems with the ship
Telemechanics: 1d100 = 51 vs 89% To check in detail if anything seems wrong

Alvidan allows the others to do what they will, looting is not really his thing.

He comments, "The task did seem unusually easy, though it would likely take a powerful group to defeat the final guardians. Before we leave the area, do we have the means to ascertain that this is the correct item?"

He is thinking, If I had an item of great value that I did not want stolen, I would likely craft a decoy.

If it seems certain we have the correct item, and we make it back to the ship without trouble, he will work on securing the ship for launch.
Alvidan
 

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Scythe » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:06 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 37 / 41%
JiC: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 46

Conditions: Sixth Sense (-2 ISP, No longer Active) || Sense Magic in Use (400/ft) | Automatically Sense Rifts (700 miles) | Sense Ley Lines and Nexus (40 miles) | W-F1: Presence Sense [19:15min | 120ft range | 2nd Charge] | W-F1: See the Invisible [5:15min | 200ft range | 1st Charge] | Sense Magic [5 minutes | 120ft area] | Stellar Navigation [50m:00s]

Skills:
Magic, Identify Magic Artifact: 1d100 = 27 / 53% (-15% If unknown/alien origin) [Checking Thraxus's Shield and the Golden Jeweled Casket]

Navigation, Space: 1d100 = 68 / 96% [Plot a course, Space Gates, maintain navigation after jump]

Post:

After collecting the gel and putting it in the dimensional pocket, Scythe moves on to watch Az and Bryke with a feigned interest as they disturb the dead's final resting place. And we've officially become grave robbers; or tomb raiders. The second one has a nicer ring to it. Scythe muses to his blade as he watches. His interest will pique at the sight of the golden jeweled casket but only mildly as he still senses nothing of a magical nature. Could be worth something, but worthless to my endeavors unless it fetches a high enough value to a buyer; that I'll leave to our esteemed colleagues. He adds silently.

He will take a moment to do a cursory examination of both the shield and the casket to see if they might resemble a magical artifact of some sort with his sense magic still radiating. He'll mentally note whether they do or do not and move on, not conducting more experiments there.

When Az suggests departure, Scythe nods and follows suit, keeping a close eye on his presence sense sensor on his W-F1 justin case, but deciding to refrain from creating a mystic portal unless needed. Conservation is key in volatile situations. He muses.

Az/Reaper wrote:"Let's get the coffin locked down in the cargo bay and prep for takeoff as soon as we get back. No reason to delay on the planet longer than we have to."


"Taking Navigation." Scythe remarks and will not help with the sarcophagi unless asked, instead moving straight to the bridge to plot a course back to the Space Gates of Phase World. Sitting down, still under his W-F1 visor, he will mutter the incantation Stella Navigatio to attune himself to the flow and ebb of the great void, allowing him to navigate much more adeptly. He'll keep their navigation on par after the jump to ensure they navigate Phase World Space properly.

Presuming they do not crash, or anything of the like, Scythe will follow Az Rael in returning the shield to Thraxus upon their arrival.

Stellar Navigation
  • Range: Self or one other by touch.
  • Duration: 10 minutes per level of the caster.
  • Saving Throw: Standard for unwilling victims.
  • P.P.E.: Eight
  • The magic imbues the character with an innate sense of direction when in space and the ability to
    read space charts and plot a course at 96% skill proficiency as if he had the Navigation: Space skill. If he
    fails his roll he is 2D4 light-years off course.
“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Scythe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)


Active Stats, Conditions and Equipment
Active Stats:
P.P.E.: 223/223 || I.S.P.: 42/42| M.D.C.: 97/97
Current Active Conditions: Horror Factor 10 || Fire/Cold 1/2 DMG || Regenerates 1d6*5 M.D.C. /minute || Sixth Sense (2) || Sense Magic in Use (400/ft) | Automatically Sense Rifts (700 miles)

Active Equipment:
Warlock Combat Armor W-F1 Model || M.D.C. by location; W-F1 Armor of Ithan: 100/100 | Shoulder(L): 100/100 \/ Shoulder(R): 100/100 | Arm(L): 120/120 \/ Arm(R): 120/120 | Leg(L): 150/150 \/ Leg(R): 150/150| Head: 80/80 | Head Armor of Ithan: 50/50| MB: 320/320
Light Concealed LLW Armor (under W-F1) || M.D.C. by location; MB: 40/40 | Arm(L):15/15 \/ Arm(R): 15/15 | Leg(L):25/25\/ Leg(R): 25/25
Altess Eviscerator (Patron) || M.D.C. 500/500 | Regenerates 2d6 M.D.C./hour | Melee DMG: 6d6 M.D.C. | Electrical Discharge; Range: Touch or up too 200', DMG: 4d6, Payload: 4 (Regenerates 4 every hour)
Phase Beamer || Range: 400', DMG 3d6 or 4d6. || Does S.D.C. to S.D.C. and M.D.C. to M.D.C. and Force fields. Does not damage armor.

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 24%
Magic (varies): +3 (+1 @ 6, 8, 11, 14)
Lethal Poison (14+): +1
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
Insanity (12+): +1
Psionics (varies): +2
Horror Factor (varies): +4 (+1 @ 8, 12)
Illusions (varies): +2
Mind Control (varies): +2
User avatar
Scythe
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:40 pm

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Pertinax » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:49 pm

Perception (24%): 1d100 = 98
JiC: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 74

Armor
Loksuit Power Armor - M.D.C. by location
    Main Body - 55
    Head/Helmet - 50
    Arms - 50 each
    Legs - 60 each
N-F40A Heavy Force Field - 110/110 M.D.C.; Duration - 480/480 min.
Talisman of Armor of Ithan (Inactive)
Dreadmaster Mask
Combat Harness
Dreadmaster Pants
Dreadmaster Boots
Weapons
NE-RV07 Ripper Vibro Axe
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)

Relevant Skills
Pilot: Small Space Craft 1d100 = 82/74%: Pilot the Rogue out of planet's orbit

Vidan wrote:"The task did seem unusually easy, though it would likely take a powerful group to defeat the final guardians. Before we leave the area, do we have the means to ascertain that this is the correct item?"

"It matches the image Thraxus gave us. If he is looking for a different shield, he should have given us a better description." Pertinax tucks the shield under his arm and walks back into the larger chamber.

He watches Bryke lift the golden sarcophagus letting out a wheeze from his gills, the Tarlok equivalent of whistling. "Shhhhkkt. That is a lot of gold. We may want store it some place secure on the Rogue. Maybe put it in a box."

He does not feel the need to rifle through any of the other sarcophagi. He simply shows the shield to the others for their own inspection, and then follows them out of the tomb. He stores the shield in the ship's armory, preferably in an empty locker and not laying in the middle of the room.

He then looks around the armory and the rest of the lower level for a large storate crate to store the sarcophagus in. Lacking that, he will also keep an eye out for a tarp to cover the large hunk of gold. Like the shield, something that ostentatious shouldn't be on display in the middle of the ship unsecured. He will give whatever he finds to Bryke, saying, "We should secure our loot."

With the cargo ready for transport, Pertinax makes his way to the cockpit. He sees that Az Rael has finished his pre-check and is in the pilot seat.

Alex wrote:"Keep a hand on the controls, it was bumpy coming in. I don't expect anything better taking off."

Pertinax sits down at co-pilot, not commenting on the boy's insistence on sitting at the ship's helm. He reviews Scythe's coordinates, checks atmospheric conditions, and prepares for departure. It is a rough take-off, continuing a trend Pertinax notices in Az Rael's piloting.

When the ship is out of the planet's orbit, Pertinax takes his headset off and looks to the captain's seat. "You are not getting better at piloting the ship."

"A good team leader knows when to delegate tasks he is unsuited for. Perhaps I should take charge of taking off and landing from inhospitable planets going forward. You can enter the ship's coordinates into the auto-pilot." Pertinax then turns on the auto-pilot. "I did it for you this time. Do not derelict in your duties. You will set a bad example for the others."
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348/348
P.P.E.: 11/11
I.S.P.: 120/120
User avatar
Pertinax
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Raz I'Syul Arro » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:15 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 48/36%
JIC: 1d20 = 17;1d100 = 56


Active Effects:
  • Sixth Sense
  • Horror Factor: 11
  • Keen Sense of Smell and Sharp Color vision
  • NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor: +5% to prowl skill; -70% to electronic perception/detection rolls; Masks IR and Thermal Emissions


Raz looks around slightly disappointed there were no other rooms to explore. This was an intriguing puzzle. I think it could serve well as a second home. There will have to be many renovations. A full underground facility would be needed to make this a real Black Market stop, it is do able. I will need more resources to accomplish this. Just the raw materials will be challenging. But it will be worth it.

Raz shakes his head as he sees Bryke with the golden coffin. Well so much for not disturbing the dead. Raz looks to the Promethean, "Make sure the occupant stays here will you? The last thing we need is to bring more ghosts on board the ship." Raz tilts his head for a moment. "How much does it weigh?" If Bryke tells Raz it's approximate weight. "Hmmm...twelve hundred pounds conversion for gold fluctuates but is usually around thirteen thousand to sixteen thousand credits per pound. Estimating low it would be roughly fifteen point six million credits. On top of what the gems would be worth. Those gems, if real, could net likely another million...possibly. I can look more into it on the ship. Also anyone converting this kind of thing would likely take a percentage fee for the service. So we can expect to loose five percent to a fees."

Once back on the ship Raz will take his time looking over the coffin that is now in the cargo hold. Raz will refrain from touching it as he still is not wanting to disturb the coffin. I don't know what possessed them to bring you back here but I guess they wanted more money. Not a bad idea but we should have gone about it differently. The dead should stay at rest. Oh well lets see how much this thing should net us.

Appraise Goods--1d100 = 34/60% Pass (Assess the value of the coffin)
Appraise Goods--1d100 = 58/60% Pass (Assess how much the group would be able to negotiate for when back on center)
Gemology-- 1d100 = 26/55% Pass (Assess the value of the gems that have been inlayed in the coffin)
Raz I'Syul Arro

Sixth Sense
Horror Factor: 11
I.S.P.: 39/47
M.D.C.: 204/204
Half Damage from M.D. Fire and energy attacks (Including magical)


Armor
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 40/40
  • Arms: L: 20/20 R: 20/20
  • Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30
  • Main Body: 80/80

N-F20A Medium Force Field--OFF
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 75/75

Weapons
NE-11 Slim-Line Plasma Cartridge Rifle 17/20 (NE-003PC)

Crystal Paralyzer 20/20
User avatar
Raz I'Syul Arro
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:26 pm

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Alvidan » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:34 pm

Raz I'Syul Arro wrote:
Raz shakes his head as he sees Bryke with the golden coffin. Well so much for not disturbing the dead. Raz looks to the Promethean, "Make sure the occupant stays here will you? The last thing we need is to bring more ghosts on board the ship." Raz tilts his head for a moment. "How much does it weigh?" If Bryke tells Raz it's approximate weight. "Hmmm...twelve hundred pounds conversion for gold fluctuates but is usually around thirteen thousand to sixteen thousand credits per pound. Estimating low it would be roughly fifteen point six million credits. On top of what the gems would be worth. Those gems, if real, could net likely another million...possibly. I can look more into it on the ship. Also anyone converting this kind of thing would likely take a percentage fee for the service. So we can expect to loose five percent to a fees."


Alvidan notes, "Artifacts are often worth more than the value of their constituent components, should one happen to find an appropriate buyer. Particularly items that are likely to be unique. Personally, I would have left that behind, we are here on a mission...not to collect esoteric valuta."

He gets the feeling stealing the sarcophagus will turn out to be a major mistake. He reminds himself, They did not exactly take a vote, and if they did I would have been in the minority.
Alvidan
 

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Bryke » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:53 pm

Perception: 34% 1d100 = 6
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 1

Conditions:
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Doesn't breathe air and is immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and has eagle-like normal vision.
Sixth Sense
HF 10

Satisfied that there is nothing more of note for the Rogues down here, The Promethean makes its way back to the ship with the others, golden sarcophagus in tow, fully unaware of the effects it has made on its person.
Supernatural strength and endurance come in handy when one needs to carry heavy weight over long distances, so there are no complaints from Bryke on the march back.
The Promethean's paranoia for security kicks in, however, just before bringing it onto the ship. Bryke sets it down about 10 meters from the ramp(s). The natural master psionic then open's its mind up to the object and read's it [6isp, Impressions: 68%|1d100 = 14; Images: 60%|1d100 = 12; Present: 50%|1d100 = 49 ] in hopes of gleaning any information on the previous owners, and/or creators of the elaborate object, or any pertinent information in general.

Why didn't I do that before opening the lid... well at least there were no explosions or malevolent entities- note to self before touching old resting ancient artifacts- or anything for that matter, read the contents psychically.. only rookies do that dumb shit and you Bryke are not a rookie.

Laughing silently at its own joke Bryke then tries to insure no harm will come to its person, nor the Rogues. The Promethean carries it aboard and secures the sarcophagus in cargo, speaking aloud to no one in particular,

I think we can make a killing off this thing when we sell it.

Contingencies:
Bryke will speak aloud what it gleans from Object Read, so long as it does not put him in a bad light.
Bryke will speak in first person whenever it can.
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 83%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.


PPE: 236/236
ISP: 14/125
SDC: 634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP: 155/155

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
User avatar
Bryke
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Consumer » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:49 pm

Where did I leave my Shield

Date & Time wrote:Day 94 since departure.
Time: 2:25 PM Center Reckoning. (1:30 hours since last post)
Temperature: Space, it’s a vacuum.
Weather: Space, no weather here.


Skills
Az Rael: Lore: Magic (General Knowledge) (Examine the coffin for anything that might give him pause for bringing it on board the ship.): Nothing seems amiss.
Recog. Magic Circles, Runes, etc (Examine the coffin for any runes and or circles): While there are runes on the coffin, none of them resemble any that Az Rael is familiar with.
Recognize Enchantment (Examine the coffin to see if it is enchanted): Doesn’t seem to be.
Pilot: Spacecraft Advanced (Complete pre-flight checks on ship): Ship is fine, needs a system flush when it gets back to Center, Flight goes smoothly.
Sensory Equipment (Complete pre-flight checks on sensors): Sensors seem to be working fine.
Radio: Basic (Complete pre-flightchecks on the communication equipment): Comm seems to be working fine, but it’s hard to tell when you have nothing to verify it with.
Alvidan: Sensory Equipment (To check for anything impeding our launch vector): Looks clear.
Computer Programming (To check our flight programs): Not really an applicable skill.
Starship Mechanics (To check for any problems with the ship): Nothing seems to be faulty.
Mechanical Engineer (To assist in checking for problems with the ship.) Not an applicable skill.
Telemechanics (To check in detail if anything seems wrong): See PM.
Pertinax: Pilot: Small Space Craft (Pilot the Rogue out of planet's orbit): Flight is okay, nothing spectacular.
Scythe: Magic, Identify Magic Artifact (Checking Thraxus's Shield and the Golden Jeweled Casket): Neither seem magical at all.
Navigation, Space (Plot a course, Space Gates, maintain navigation after jump): Not really necessary.
Raz: Appraise Goods (Assess the value of the coffin): Raw resources, likely about 15 million, as an object of Art, considerably more.
Appraise Goods (Assess how much the group would be able to negotiate for when back on center): No clue, would depend entirely on who you attempted to sell it to.
Gemology (Assess the value of the gems that have been inlayed in the coffin): Not entirely sure, as a whole not nearly as much as the coffin as they don’t seem to be rare precious stones.
Bryke: object read: See PM



The trip back to the ship is time consuming as the Sarcophagus is not well suited for traversing the tight twisting tunnel back to the surface. But eventually it is done and finally secured in the Rogue’s cargo hold. The crew sets about preparing to leave the surface, checking systems and starting pre-flights systems. All things are good to go, so the crew takes off, the flight into space propper is a bit rough with turbulence, but soon enough it’s over and the ship is free of the planet’s gravity well. A flick of the switch activates the Phase Transciever, which instantaneously translates the ship from a distant system a galaxy over, back to Center’s space gate. The usual run of the mill query from Center’s flight control, is asked and responded too, and the Rogue is given clearance to land at their home pad. As the ship touches down all looks just like it was left.

Butcher’s Bill
Az Rael: -40 M.D.
Pertinax: Armor: Main Body: -60 M.D.C., -34 I.S.P.
Alvidan: Armor: Main Body: -10 M.D.C., -4 I.S.P.
Bryke: NE-F40A: -20 M.D.C. -50 S.D.C. Cosmic Armor: Destroyed, -112 I.S.P.
Scythe: AOI: -40 M.D.C., Mystic Alarm (Duration: 4 years, Keyed to Scythe), -25 P.P.E
Raz: -40 M.D.C..



What do you do?”
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1330
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Az Rael » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:23 am

Perception: Invalid dice code! vs (55%) +15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% When dealing with Vampires or the Undead, +5% when pertaining to ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
JIC: Invalid dice code! and Invalid dice code!

Current Condition
Thermo Kinetic Armor, Integrated Sensor Pod, 360° scanning capability - +3 Initiative, +2 to Parry, +2 to Dodge, +5 to Roll w/, allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise.


Pertinax wrote:When the ship is out of the planet's orbit, Pertinax takes his headset off and looks to the captain's seat. "You are not getting better at piloting the ship."

"A good team leader knows when to delegate tasks he is unsuited for. Perhaps I should take charge of taking off and landing from inhospitable planets going forward. You can enter the ship's coordinates into the auto-pilot." Pertinax then turns on the auto-pilot. "I did it for you this time. Do not derelict in your duties. You will set a bad example for the others."


Az Rael gives pertinax a stern look, "It was the atmosphere, obviously. Besides, regardless of the seats, it's you an me on the stick."

When they land Az Rael is relieved. He sighs, I had half thought the damn transceiver wasn't going to work. Az Rael tells the team to secure the cargo in the lab 1, "I want it behind a security door for now." Then heads to his office in HQ.

Once in his office he decides to send two text messages...

First one to Mother.
Code: Select all
Mother, Mission success and finally home. i missed you and dad very much. I found a relic, very valuable. It would be best to find a discerning buyer though. Do you have anyone in mind?


The next he sends to Holt.
Code: Select all
Mission Success. Item recovered. Do we bring to you, or will you retrieve it from HQ?


After sending the messages Az Rael removes his armor and proceeds to take a shower. After his shower he will send a general text to the team to meet him in the conference room.
Code: Select all
Conference Room, 7 pm. Debrief.


If and When everyone makes it to the Conference room he will start off, "Alright, the mission was a success. That being said, let's discuss where we think we could have improved operations. Raz, after the meeting, I would like you to reach out to some of your people and se if you can find a buyer for our loot. I have made some inquiries already, I want to make sure we get the best number we can. Alvidan, I want you to look the ship over make sure it is in good condition and ready to go before we leave again. It might need a system flush. Let us know if you need a hand. Pertnax, I need a full status report on weapons, armor and any damage we need to correct before we leave again. Scythe, we still know very little about our ship. I won't lie, it makes me nervous every time we leave. Can you work with Raz and Alvidan to figure out what is going on with integration of the ships VI. I feel like we are missing something there. I also want to look at upgrading the ships sensors if possible, we need to be able to gather more data when confronted with planet side landings in the future."

Az Rael sits down, "now for the deeper discussion, I would like to say that everyone did a fine job. I am pleased with how smoothly things went after our initial little hiccup. Now, thoughts on improvements?" Az Rael muses to himself, How do we get them acting more like a team? Following direction a little better. We destroyed those creatures fairly easily but it could have been, smoother. Az Rael sits back in his seat listening for what the team has to say before he adds his own thoughts.
P.P.E.: 65 / 99
I.S.P.: 47 / 47
H.P.: 34 / 34
S.D.C.: 82 / 82

Perception Bonus: 52%
+15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% dealing with Vampires/Undead, +5% Ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
BA-26 EBA armor M.D.C: 90 / 90

Charm/Impress: 25%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 60%
Horror/Awe Factor: 12


Az Rael

Always On
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis (special)
  • Sense the Presence of Vampire and Vampire Intelligences (Special)
  • Sence Rifts and Ley Lines (special)


Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Commando lvl 5
  • Number of Attacks: 5 (+1 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • P.P.E.: Channel 15 P.P.E per attack
  • Initiative Bonus: +4
  • Strike Bonus: +6 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Parry Bonus: +7 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Dodge Bonus: +7 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Entangle: +2
  • HTH Damage Bonus: +4
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +3
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch: +5
  • Bonus to Disarm: +1
  • Bonus to Automatic Body Flip: +1
  • Bonus to Automatic Dodge: +3


Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Magic (varies): +2
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+):
  • Insanity (12+): +8
  • Psionics (varies): +8
  • Mind Control via psionics or drugs: +1
  • Horror Factor (varies): +9
User avatar
Az Rael
Group Leader
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:34 pm

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Scythe » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:48 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 71 / 41%
JiC: 1d100 = 3 / 1d20 = 18

Conditions: Sixth Sense (-2 ISP, No longer Active) || Sense Magic in Use (400/ft) | Automatically Sense Rifts (700 miles) | Sense Ley Lines and Nexus (40 miles)

Skills: N/A

Post:

So neither item is magical, perhaps they are simply inactive. Either way, beyond the scope of what I'm looking for. Scythe muses to himself as they return to Center and land the ship. Once they land, Scythe will return to his quarters and resituate his personal belongings, and check on the canteen holding a sample of the gel. This is most intriguing. I will need to set up a proper work station to study this over time, among other things. Scythe remarks to his blade.

When the message for the debrief passes his HUD, he shrugs and sends a brief acknowledgement before tending to his own devices in the meantime. He will store the drones away, but keep the gauntlet and also investigate the stored spells for future studying. When 7pm rolls around, he'll situate himself into the Conference room and let the visor on his W-F1 retract so his face is visible; Tessa strapped to his back.

Az/Reaper wrote:Scythe, we still know very little about our ship. I won't lie, it makes me nervous every time we leave. Can you work with Raz and Alvidan to figure out what is going on with integration of the ships VI. I feel like we are missing something there. I also want to look at upgrading the ships sensors if possible, we need to be able to gather more data when confronted with planet side landings in the future."


Scythe nods. "Not my area of expertise perse but I will do what I can. I also intend to give the ship another thorough once over for any remnant entities; to include moving around a lot of different things on the ship. I'd recommend everyone remove their personal belongings during this stint here so I can not worry about whose things I am testing. I'm not convinced those entities were free floaters who just happened upon our ship. Morelike they are dormant unless triggered; I intend to trigger and remove them if possible." Scythe states colloquially.

Az/Reaper wrote:"now for the deeper discussion, I would like to say that everyone did a fine job. I am pleased with how smoothly things went after our initial little hiccup. Now, thoughts on improvements?"


He has low standards; we were barely more than organized chaos. Scythe remarks to his blade but not out loud. He'll take a deep breath and nod. "On improvement, it would be prudent to work together and that no one acts as a long wolf in combat or investigation. These galaxies are vast, their mysteries are timeless and their threats are infinite. I'd like to say we worked together to a point, but not enough that a trained unit wouldn't have been able to defeat us. If we wish to act as a unit, a team, as it were, then we must improve on our reception of instruction and acknowledgement of our allies and their strengths around us. Our own individual opinions on a matter do not supplant knowledge or fact, and should not be a point of discussion in the field." Scythe states to no one in specific, pausing briefly before sighing.

"Apologies, I am so used to receiving a lecture that I often give them." Scythe adds with a slight shrug before looking around the room to anyone else who may have comments. I'm starting to sound like the Mentor. The one whom I know so little about but has taught me so much of what I know. What an asinine situation I seem to be stuck in. He remarks to himself.
“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Scythe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)


Active Stats, Conditions and Equipment
Active Stats:
P.P.E.: 223/223 || I.S.P.: 42/42| M.D.C.: 97/97
Current Active Conditions: Horror Factor 10 || Fire/Cold 1/2 DMG || Regenerates 1d6*5 M.D.C. /minute || Sixth Sense (2) || Sense Magic in Use (400/ft) | Automatically Sense Rifts (700 miles)

Active Equipment:
Warlock Combat Armor W-F1 Model || M.D.C. by location; W-F1 Armor of Ithan: 100/100 | Shoulder(L): 100/100 \/ Shoulder(R): 100/100 | Arm(L): 120/120 \/ Arm(R): 120/120 | Leg(L): 150/150 \/ Leg(R): 150/150| Head: 80/80 | Head Armor of Ithan: 50/50| MB: 320/320
Light Concealed LLW Armor (under W-F1) || M.D.C. by location; MB: 40/40 | Arm(L):15/15 \/ Arm(R): 15/15 | Leg(L):25/25\/ Leg(R): 25/25
Altess Eviscerator (Patron) || M.D.C. 500/500 | Regenerates 2d6 M.D.C./hour | Melee DMG: 6d6 M.D.C. | Electrical Discharge; Range: Touch or up too 200', DMG: 4d6, Payload: 4 (Regenerates 4 every hour)
Phase Beamer || Range: 400', DMG 3d6 or 4d6. || Does S.D.C. to S.D.C. and M.D.C. to M.D.C. and Force fields. Does not damage armor.

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 24%
Magic (varies): +3 (+1 @ 6, 8, 11, 14)
Lethal Poison (14+): +1
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
Insanity (12+): +1
Psionics (varies): +2
Horror Factor (varies): +4 (+1 @ 8, 12)
Illusions (varies): +2
Mind Control (varies): +2
User avatar
Scythe
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:40 pm

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Pertinax » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:00 pm

Perception (24%): 1d100 = 33
JiC: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 20

Armor
N-F40A Heavy Force Field - 110/110 M.D.C.; Duration - 480/480 min.
Combat Harness
Dreadmaster Pants
Dreadmaster Boots
Weapons
NE-RV07 Ripper Vibro Axe
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)

Relevant Skills
Computer Operations: 1d100 = 70/40%: Search database for kittens
Intelligence: 1d100 = 24/64%: Identify any pattern in the kittens

Once the Rogue is back in Center, Pertinax takes the time to recording any information he can about the shield. He first takes several high resolution photos using any cameras he finds on the ship or at base. He then measures and weighs it. If he can find a PXRF (or the Phase World equivalent) at the base, he will record the shield's chemical composition. With that data recorded on his HPC, Pertinax then goes to the conference room for Alex's evening debriefing.

Alex wrote:"Alright, the mission was a success. That being said, let's discuss where we think we could have improved operations. Raz, after the meeting, I would like you to reach out to some of your people and see if you can find a buyer for our loot. I have made some inquiries already, I want to make sure we get the best number we can. Alvidan, I want you to look the ship over make sure it is in good condition and ready to go before we leave again. It might need a system flush. Let us know if you need a hand. Pertinax, I need a full status report on weapons, armor and any damage we need to correct before we leave again."

"Very well. I will have inventories for all equipment on the Rogue (still a dumb name) and in our base ready within the next 56 hours." Pertinax pulls out his HPC. "This reminds me, I have analyzed the shield. I can send you images and the specs on it right now."

Alex wrote:"Scythe, we still know very little about our ship. I won't lie, it makes me nervous every time we leave. Can you work with Raz and Alvidan to figure out what is going on with integration of the ships VI. I feel like we are missing something there. I also want to look at upgrading the ships sensors if possible, we need to be able to gather more data when confronted with planet side landings in the future."

Scythe wrote:"Not my area of expertise perse but I will do what I can. I also intend to give the ship another thorough once over for any remnant entities; to include moving around a lot of different things on the ship. I'd recommend everyone remove their personal belongings during this stint here so I can not worry about whose things I am testing. I'm not convinced those entities were free floaters who just happened upon our ship. More likely they are dormant unless triggered; I intend to trigger and remove them if possible."

"Dangerous plan. I think it is better to let sleeping dogs lie, but if you insist on kicking one awake I can be backup."

Alex wrote:"Now for the deeper discussion, I would like to say that everyone did a fine job. I am pleased with how smoothly things went after our initial little hiccup. Now, thoughts on improvements?"

Scythe wrote:"On improvement, it would be prudent to work together and that no one acts as a long wolf in combat or investigation. These galaxies are vast, their mysteries are timeless and their threats are infinite. I'd like to say we worked together to a point, but not enough that a trained unit wouldn't have been able to defeat us. If we wish to act as a unit, a team, as it were, then we must improve on our reception of instruction and acknowledgement of our allies and their strengths around us. Our own individual opinions on a matter do not supplant knowledge or fact, and should not be a point of discussion in the field.
"Apologies, I am so used to receiving a lecture that I often give them."

"We have limited field experience together. Given our different backgrounds and approaches, that means we have a steep learning curve. Our coordination will improve as we continue to work together." Pertinax pauses. "Assuming we all survive, that is."

Pertinax spends the next couple of days taking stock of every weapon owned by the Rogues. He goes through the base's armory, the ship's armory when Scythe is not around, and even attempts to barge into the others' quarters to take stock of their personal possessions. He also looks at the equipment in the base's laboratories to see what they are capable of manufacturing.

Once that is done he will send his report to Az Rael. In his free time, Pertinax goes back to the Rogue. Again, he does this when Scythe is not attempting to exorcise the ship, preferring to be alone; at the very least he doesn't want to be disrupted by a haunting entity. He goes to the computer in the gunners' station and searches for kittens. He focuses his attention on each new image, immersed in the scroll of soft innocent animals playfully patterning away. It calms him. But the more he watches, the more it obsesses him. He starts to pay attention to the order of images looking for some sort of pattern. Are different colored kittens appearing in a specific order? Is there a narrative being told in the images? Can he see some sort of code or sign of intelligence in the computer, one that shares his appreciation for the boundless cuteness of kittens, that he can communicate with?
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348/348
P.P.E.: 11/11
I.S.P.: 120/120
User avatar
Pertinax
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Raz I'Syul Arro » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:00 am

Perception: 1d100 = 47/36%
JIC: 1d20 = 13; 1d100 = 74


Active Effects:
  • Sixth Sense
  • Horror Factor: 11
  • Keen Sense of Smell and Sharp Color vision
  • NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor: +5% to prowl skill; -70% to electronic perception/detection rolls; Masks IR and Thermal Emissions



Raz takes his normal position in the engine room to keep an eye on the new systems. He is confidant in his handy work but still one never know what can happen with these hodge podge builds.

Once back on the ground, Raz will clean himself up. Getting a good shower before rejoining everyone wearing one of his nicer set of clothes. The hammer swinging from his side looking completely out of place.

Alex wrote:"Raz, after the meeting, I would like you to reach out to some of your people and se if you can find a buyer for our loot. I have made some inquiries already, I want to make sure we get the best number we can."


Raz presses his hands together for a moment before stroking his chin. Not in a disapproving way, but like that of a parent who see's their child is trying but not working the way they want him to. Oh I hope he knows what he is doing. Spreading word of an item like this will draw collectors, but also rivals as well. I wonder how well they are ready for something like that. I guess we will find out. Moving this item shouldn't be too hard. We will need a neutral location for the exchange. Make sure we don't have them coming to our hanger directly. So many things to get in place. "Sure. I can look into it. I am sure I have some contacts that would likely be interested. I hope you did not promise anything. With an item like this, bidding wars can turn quickly into real wars. But I will look into it. That will likely take that rest of the day for me. I will check the ship when I am able. I believe the selling of the relic will take priority. Oh make sure that thing stays under wraps. I do not want someone taking it before they can pay for it." Raz waits for a little while before heading out, to make sure there are no other requests of him.

Raz leaves with his armor, hammer, and explosives. Well most of his explosives. Raz does arm a charge at his door prior to leaving the Rogues base. He spends the next few days working on the angle of finding a buyer for the coffin. Raz will look to sell it as a relic of a lost civilization. Raz begins by stopping by to see his mother. He ensures she is doing well and that the new carpet is to her liking.

Raz then makes his way to a cyber cafe on one of the levels with less security to send his messages. Raz drops several messages on a few message boards to see who out there might want a relic of a lost civilization. Raz keeps the details sparse until he has someone interested in acquiring it. Raz will remain on the message board for a little while making sure he is available to answer questions and if needed negotiate the price. Raz will also keep an eye on anyone who suddenly becomes interested in what he is doing. Raz will bounce between several of these cafes to see if anyone is following him. Being in that ship. I almost forgot how much fun this part of the job can be.


Demolitions-- 1d100 = 7/107% (Shaped Charge Safecracker Special ability Double damage and directed to the space in front of the door an no where else 2d6x10 damage)
Demolitions-- 1d100 = 49/107% (Set the door charge prior to leaving his room at the Rogues compound)
Computer Operations-- 1d100 = 63/72% (Set remote disarm switch on room explosives)
Computer Operations-- 1d100 = 8/72% (To locate someone willing to buy the coffin)
Computer Operations-- 1d100 = 32/72% (Checking the cameras a his several dead drop locations he has incase someone left a mark indicating they used the dead drop)
Electronic Countermeasures-- 1d100 = 49/52% (To Ensure he is not traced)
Intelligence-- 1d100 = 47/51% (To Spot a tail)
Intelligence-- 1d100 = 51/51% (To lure the tail into a bad spot)
Raz I'Syul Arro

Sixth Sense
Horror Factor: 11
I.S.P.: 39/47
M.D.C.: 204/204
Half Damage from M.D. Fire and energy attacks (Including magical)


Armor
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 40/40
  • Arms: L: 20/20 R: 20/20
  • Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30
  • Main Body: 80/80

N-F20A Medium Force Field--OFF
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 75/75

Weapons
NE-11 Slim-Line Plasma Cartridge Rifle 17/20 (NE-003PC)

Crystal Paralyzer 20/20
User avatar
Raz I'Syul Arro
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:26 pm

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Pertinax » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:40 am

<Rolls carry>

Armor
N-F40A Heavy Force Field - 110/110 M.D.C.; Duration - 480/480 min.
Combat Harness
Dreadmaster Pants
Dreadmaster Boots
Weapons
NE-RV07 Ripper Vibro Axe
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)
Tarlok Ripper Pistol (30/30)

Relevant Skills
Prowl -- 1d100 = 92/55%: Follow Raz through the streets of Center.
Intelligence 1d100 = 51/64%: Establish some kind of contact on Center

Some time after the Rogue's staff meeting, Pertinax ambushes Raz as he is walking out of his room. He stands in the middle of the hallway, blocking the Seljuk's path out. "Nice hammer." This is the Tarlok's idea of small talk, two words. He doesn't let Raz reply and continues, "As you know, I am doing an inventory of all the weapons we have on the team, including all personal possessions. Tell me, what else do you have besides the hammer and armor? Anything else stored in your room?"

He peers over Raz's shoulder and looks at the door. "I noticed earlier that you had set some sort of trap on your door. Gun behind the door or explosives? Any other devices lurking in your quarters? I am asking for security reasons, of course. I am not looking for a way to sneak into your quarters and murder you in your sleep."

He shifts weight to one foot to peer over Raz's other shoulder. "Though, saying that aloud, I can see how that might sound suspicious. Th little Atlantean ran out of the base in a cold sweat when I approached him and said, 'I know you are hiding weapons.' Nonetheless, it would be useful to know what weapons we have on base in case of an emergency."

Assuming Raz deflects his questions, Pertinax follows the Seljuk out of the base. He keeps his distance, lest he disrupt any of Raz's business in Center. But Pertinax makes a poor effort of keeping himself concealed. It is the totalitarian shadow - maintaining a polite distance but oppressively following Raz's every movement. He gives a curt nod, as if this was a coincidence. He then goes into a nearby weapons shop and makes small talk with the clerk. As always, Tarlok small talk is short and business-like. Not interested in buying anything at the moment, Pertinax instead asks questions about custom weapons, what weapons and munitions are popular with different factions, share his personal preferences for axes. He will hint at looking for something special in the near future. If he did his job well, the Dreadmaster has established a source of minor intel and gossip.
Pertinax
M.D.C.: 348/348
P.P.E.: 11/11
I.S.P.: 120/120
User avatar
Pertinax
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Raz I'Syul Arro » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:00 pm

**Rolls Held Over**


Pertinax wrote:<Rolls carry>

Some time after the Rogue's staff meeting, Pertinax ambushes Raz as he is walking out of his room. He stands in the middle of the hallway, blocking the Seljuk's path out. "Nice hammer." This is the Tarlok's idea of small talk, two words. He doesn't let Raz reply and continues, "As you know, I am doing an inventory of all the weapons we have on the team, including all personal possessions. Tell me, what else do you have besides the hammer and armor? Anything else stored in your room?"

He peers over Raz's shoulder and looks at the door. "I noticed earlier that you had set some sort of trap on your door. Gun behind the door or explosives? Any other devices lurking in your quarters? I am asking for security reasons, of course. I am not looking for a way to sneak into your quarters and murder you in your sleep."

He shifts weight to one foot to peer over Raz's other shoulder. "Though, saying that aloud, I can see how that might sound suspicious. Th little Atlantean ran out of the base in a cold sweat when I approached him and said, 'I know you are hiding weapons.' Nonetheless, it would be useful to know what weapons we have on base in case of an emergency."



Raz stops short as his door opens to reveal Pert blocking it. Raz tilts his head to the side as Pert talks. Huh. This guy. Really is full of himself. Raz keeps a pleasant smile on his face. "Thank you. This is Ana. She can be a little indiscriminate so she stays here for the most time. Besides you have seen all my weapons from our last mission." Raz pats the hammer as it rests on his hip, "So this inventory, do you have something to write down and log all this information you are collecting? I see you are lacking a clip board and writing instrument." Raz sets his backpack down for a moment, "Yes I did rig my door. I rigged several holobooks as explosive devices as well. I would just recommend not entering while I am not here."

Raz notices the shift in Pert's weight as he try's to look beyond Raz and into his room. With a blur of motion Raz's hand snags Pert's shirt as Raz's foot connects on the inside of Pert's shin sweeping Pert's weight bearing foot out from under him. Raz still holding Pert's shirt pulls him close and slides his other arm under Pert's armpit. Raz then shifts Pert's falling momentum into a spin, as Raz now faces his room, Raz gently flips Pert over to the floor with a slight 'Thump'. Rather then taking a dominate position, Raz simply moves back to his door to let Pert collect himself. "Weapons or no weapons. You should never leave yourself exposed like that. It seems you forgot what I fought with in the last combat we were in. While I have Ana and several other weapons my preferred combat is with my hands. You seemed conflicted the last time we fought. You used a pistol and an axe. Odd that you did not attempt to keep range of the creature. Although we were in such close quarters it was difficult. Given your strength I am surprised you chose to use a pistol over your axe but I am not here to dictate how others chose to fight." If Pert is still on the floor, Raz will offer a hand up. If Pert has stood on his own, Raz will offer his hand in friendship. "I have places to be. Have to try and off load our haul. fifteen mil for its component parts but much more if I can get a real buyer for it as a collector. I am going to try for one hundred mil. That should help us all greatly. Are we good?" Raz asks before departing.

Should Pert still follow Raz, Raz will order a messenger to deliver the below message to Pert:

Message wrote:I am flattered, but you stick out like a sore thumb. These things are delicate. I appreciate the concern. Please go home. I promise to bring you back a trinket.



Raz will then continue to find a buyer for the coffin as per the original post.
Raz I'Syul Arro

Sixth Sense
Horror Factor: 11
I.S.P.: 39/47
M.D.C.: 204/204
Half Damage from M.D. Fire and energy attacks (Including magical)


Armor
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 40/40
  • Arms: L: 20/20 R: 20/20
  • Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30
  • Main Body: 80/80

N-F20A Medium Force Field--OFF
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 75/75

Weapons
NE-11 Slim-Line Plasma Cartridge Rifle 17/20 (NE-003PC)

Crystal Paralyzer 20/20
User avatar
Raz I'Syul Arro
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:26 pm

Re: [GR] At least we didn't crash into Center this time

Postby Bryke » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:00 am

Perception: 34% 1d100 = 89
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 1

Conditions:
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Doesn't breathe air and is immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and has eagle-like normal vision.
Sixth Sense
HF 10

Skills
OOC Comments
Lore: Demons & Monsters: 70% | 1d100 = 52 -- What was/is the "reptillian creature"?
Lore: Demons & Monsters: 70% | 1d100 = 5 -- What commonly known abilities does it have pertaining to what it was doing while creating the coffin?
Lore: Demons & Monsters: 70% | 1d100 = 19 -- What uncommon abilities might a long lived Promethean know, or could have overheard from its equally long lived bretheren, about this particular reptilian being?

Bryke makes it a priority to share what was gleaned when it touched the sarcophagus. The Time Master tries speaking to the group before Raz goes out to find a buyer, even though the large being is apprehensive about doing so.

These new “meatbags,” I hope they don't over react like some rookies. Dont know what all my visions mean- in their defense if they do, however, is possible that Thraxxus knows someone or we can find someone who knows what this might mean if no one here can offer any useful information.

First, I got the following impressions that the previous owner was good aligned. Was sad. There was a trap. The last owner is dead. Was used by some magic force. The sarcophagus is not currently enchanted, nor does it contain any entity.
Second, I watched the items creation, it's creator appeared to be an ancient gnarled reptilian creature. I could sense the items being used to create the Sarcophagus, Lead, Iron Pyrite, Glass, common cheap items. I could also hear the prayers going into it's creation, while I didn't understand the words, the meaning was clear to me.


"
Owning this thing is not beneficial for the owner(s).
"

Bryke then listens for any responses before securing the sarcophagus in HQ's armory.

The Promethean then drops off its gear in its personal quarters, showering up with Cleanse [6], then meditating, and Bio-Regenerating [6] the damage inflicted to it by the ambiguous creature.
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 83%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.


PPE: 236/236
ISP: 14/125
SDC: 634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP: 155/155

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
User avatar
Bryke
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am

Previous

Return to Phase World: The Three Galaxies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron