[GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

The Anvil, Corkscrew, and Thundercloud galaxies.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Mara » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:27 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 93 / 65% (95% when dealing with vampires or undead)
JiC: 1d20 = 14 1d100 = 68

Conditions: Eyes Three (20)-- 60 min duration, Nightvision 1200', See the Invisible, See Aura, +1 to strike, +1 to Initiative

Mara says, "Well this computer appears to have been wiped. Looks like this site has been scrubbed clean and recently." What is wrong with this place? As Kaedras explains what he has seen, what in the Abyss? Is this building covering a giant creature "Hey Starburst . . . you dare me to sever these tentacles that still seem to be feeding?"
Mara Archerean

PPE: 288 / 288
ISP: 85 / 85
MDC: 381/381
H.F.: 14
Heart in Chains Tattoo: 0/450 MDC(inactive)

Constant: Sixth Sense

Soundtrack:
''Zombie'' by Damned Anthem
Evanescence - Bring Me To Life (Ghost in the Machine Remix)
Adele vs. Linkin Park - Set Fire To The End
Tomorrow We Fight
Mara
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Chef Icky » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:55 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 96/43%
JIC: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 49

Conditions
- CAF Heavy Battle Armor: 88/120 MDC
- Integrated N-40B Force Field: 110/110 MDC
- Nightvision – 100’/30.5 m (can see in total darkness)

Starchief wrote:"Juan and Icky, you two head inside to the movement the drones sensed. Let us know what it is immediately and for d'rast sake, keep yourself protected."

Icky chuffs. "Don' worry boss. I firmly believe in safe search." He looks at Juan. "Oi, 'ere's hopin' it's a friendly native sayin' 'dey went dat-a-way.' -- but I ain't bettin' on it."

He scowls a bit as his searches for explosives turn up negative. Either I'm losing my touch or they're hid really REALLY well. He grouses to himself until he hears Juan's voice over the coms.

Juan Echo wrote:"Everyone may want to come here. I found something,"

Sorrenson wrote:"Gak! That's fucking nasty... What is that? Some kind of organic fluid drain thingo? I hate to say it but we should find out where those tubes go."

He comes in with his hand gripping Darkwing and comes to a dead stop (pun not totally intended) when he sees the bodies and the tentacles. "Gross. Looks like a weird meat souffle dat fell in da oven." He looks up at Sorrenson. "I dunno. Blood? Water? Genetic material? I'm bettin' dat last one as dey're both... what's da word for it? Mutations? Bio-Freaks?"

While waiting for more information he holds position by the pillar, ready for anything -- as per Juan's cautionary warning.
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Dark Lord » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:13 pm

Each of you reports in with your findings. Juan starts off with the two bodies he found, and the strange tentacles. Icky hypothesizes that the apparatus involves extracting some of the subjects’ genetic material- if not other biological fluids. Oradro reports faint tracks in the entryway, consistent with some sort of evacuation. Sorrenson links to the computer in the patient room and reports what he finds, while Mara relays that the office computer has been wiped. Finally, Kaedras reports in with some disturbing psychic sensory information; some sort of biological nightmare has infested the building, and is doing gods-know-what with the people here. Checking the tentacles, or severing them, will accomplish little- they disappear into the walls, and from there who knows where. There is no sign of them in the main room that you can see. Presumably, they’re under the floor or somewhere else inside the walls. Metri opens himself to the supernatural and tries to detect evil, but he senses nothing on the premises. Although… The sage frowns. It could be his imagination, or possibly his knowledge of the… thing inside the walls is clouding his judgment, but the entire area just seems a little off. There is none of the primal sense of revulsion that accompanies a supernatural being radiating its nature, but you can almost sense a sort of echo. Like the memory of a bad taste in your mouth, after it has faded.

While the others inspect the corpses, computers, and tentacles Juan and Icky obey Starchief’s orders and warily investigate the central pillar. The Godling again anticipates a trap, but it appears to be a simple column- albeit a large one. As he moves around, examining the structure, Juan ponders the stories his people tell of the monsters that wander the starts. But whatever the tentacles are, they are unlike any monster Juan has ever heard of. Juan completes his circuit of the pillar, and finds nothing of note on a casual inspection. Meanwhile, assuming Kaedras directs you to the mechanism he detected more specifically, Icky will discover a simple (but expertly concealed) switch set into the otherwise smooth surface of the pillar. Tripping it will cause a large door to slide open, revealing a heavy-duty elevator that appears to be powered and ready to go. The one thing in the entire complex that seems… inviting? The good news is, there don’t seem to be any explosives in there, either.

Sorrenson also takes the opportunity to check in with the drones, and realizes that one of them is registering muffled voices in one of the rooms at the end of the eastern wing. As it gets closer, the drone is able to isolate six distinct, humanoid-shaped heat signatures coming from the room. Four of them child-sized. As the drone approaches, you can hear the adults (presumably) arguing.

”…here any minute. Either take them, or hook them up. Shit or get off the pot.”
”Dammit MindLock, I didn’t sign up to kill a bunch of kids. I can get all of us out of here, I’m telling you.”
”For the last time, I am not letting you use that freaky dimensional shit on me, or the specimens.”
Specimens! You cold-hearted piece of…”
Should you continue listening, the argument largely goes in circles from there for the next couple of minutes.

What are you doing?
Why kill a PC when you can torture their player?
ImageImageImageImage
Dark Lord
Dimension Master

Postby Sorrenson » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:41 am

Perception: 1d100 = 70
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 20
OOC Comments
PPE: 141/151
ISP: 44/48
HP: 38
SDC: 30
NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 eacho
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 400/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
NE-800 ammo 16/16 dumb missiles - 1 more clip of smart missiles available
Fusion Blocks 5/5

Drone M.D.C
-5 from main body of each
-75 from main body of Combat Drone #A
-50 from main body of Combat Drone #B

Gear on person:
Amulet of Understanding

Light mage armor: (Worn)
M.D.C. by Location
• Hood: 20
• Arms: 15 each
• Legs: 30 each
• Main Body: 50
• Armor of Ithan: 60/60 - 5 minutes remain
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills
TW enhancements (at 6th level): armor of Ithan (10), Fly as Eagle (25), Breathe without Air (5), Impervious to Energy (20)

PH 21 Phase Beamer (Worn in shoulder holster)
Damage: 3d6 s.d.c. to s.d.c. creatures, 4d6 m.d.c. to m.d.c. beings and force fields, no damage to armor.
Rate of Fire: equal to HTH
Range: 400ft
Payload: 10 shots.
3 e-clips

TW Lightblade (shaped like a long knife, worn on belt)
Damage 1d4x10 +3 m.d.
Duration: 3 minutes
p.p.e. cost to activate: 20
Double damage to Vampires and those vulnerable to light.

Mr. Sorrenson’s Harness of Awesome V 1.0

TW Converted NE-202 Slim-Line "Widow-Maker" Heavy Plasma Cartridge Pistol
• Range: 60'
• Damage: 1D4x10 M.D. (Particle Beam)
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only.
• Payload: 4 (12 P.P.E. per Shot)

Splugorth Mega-Blade

Bone Fetish

Utility/Tool Belt

Amulet of Understanding ISP: -22

While checking in with his drones Sorrenson picks up audio. Oh Hello! What have we here? He signals the rest of the group. "Hey! Eastern wing, there are people down there! My drone is picking up audio." He then patches a link the audio feed though to the rest of the team so they can listen to it if they wish. "Drone's thermal shows two adults and four kids. I'll heading there now." He sends though the heat signature display to the team as well as he turns the Drudge around. He makes for the room where the kids are located as fast as the Drudge will allow. "Gotta get there before those kids get 'hooked up' to those draining tubes..." and stomp the living shite out of anyone who would even consider doing that to a kid
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Metri » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:46 pm

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 21 | 54%
JIC: 1d20 = 14| 1d100 = 31%
Status
PPE: 159/159
ISP: 222/260
MDC: 72/72
MTB1_PPE: 174/180
MTB2_PPE: 180/180
MTB3_PPE: 180/180
Activated Psionics/Magic
  • Cosmic Armor. 151.00 min. 800/800 MDC. Breathe for spell's duration. Constant internal temperature, protected from cold, radiation and extreme blasts of heat. Hover and fly at a speed of 380 mph. 1/2 damage from: Magic and MD cold and heat/fire/plasma. -5% to all Physical Skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing and similar. -10% to Palming, Pick Pocket, Prowl, and other Rogue, Medical and Technical skills that require a delicate touch.
  • Enhanced Perception. 71.00 min. R25 pg 78-79: All natural senses +50%. +15% Perception. +1 strike, +2 parry/dodge. +10% to any skill that relies on basic senses.

Metri's attempt to sense supernatural evil leaves him with a strange taste in his mouth. The Yhabbayar can be seen and heard audibly smacking his lips. "Peculiar." Metri remarks aloud. "A faint echo of supernatural evil that once was, I feel. A darkness passed... and repurposed, hmm?" The Yhabbayar's gaze scrutinizes the walls as he ponders the implications.

Lore: Galactic/Aliens. 75% | 1d100 = 37 <== Any race (*coughs* Necrols *coughs*) that might repurpose a once-living thing for something else?

Sorrenson wrote:"Hey! Eastern wing, there are people down there! My drone is picking up audio." He then patches a link the audio feed though to the rest of the team so they can listen to it if they wish. "Drone's thermal shows two adults and four kids. I'll heading there now." "Gotta get there before those kids get 'hooked up' to those draining tubes..."

Sorrenson's alert immediately grabs Metri's attention. The mention of children in danger is too tempting a nectar for the little green mystic to pass up. He immediately takes to the air through his cosmic armor's magical flight in an effort to gain a vantage to locate the drone in question.

There. The children must be in the room just inside where that drone is. Metri observes. I'll get you inside. Skorl growls, the hammer seeming to emanate the heat of its convictions. Go. Metri responds, "throwing" the hammer and letting Skorl animate and bust into that room as it best sees fit. ((1000 ft range. 3 APM. 1d6*10 MD. +4 strike/parry. Init: 1d20+2 = 4))

Not knowing what enemy they will face, Metri steels himself ((Invulnerability. -13 PPE. 50/50 MDC. +20 save vs magic, psionics etc.)) before flying as fast as his cosmic armor will take him through (hopefully) the new opening Skorl just created.

Intimidate. 92% | 1d100 = 29 <== Attempt at Scary Metri
Public Speaking. 85%. | 1d100 = 64 <== Clarity of voice and purpose (intimidation)

"If harmed one hair of children's head... forfeit your life will be." Metri states emphatically. Despite the attempted intimidation, the Yhabbayar believes these individuals likely to be more useful to them alive than dead. And he will not engage in wanton violence without cause.
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Oradro » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:50 pm

Perception 32%: 1d100 = 92
JIC: 1d100 = 56 1d20 = 13

PPE: 534/660
Personal MDC: 355
Cosmic Armour: 500

Upon hearing about the tentacles, Oradro frowns and decides to abandon his position to go join the others and inspect the 'conduits' for himself, taking the faster route of simply flying to the location through the halls. While he -was- supposed to keep an eye out front, something told him that the bigger problem was still within the confines of the building at this point. Taking into account what the others said, and what he himself eventually sees. The tentacles troubled him significantly. Not least of which the implications of what they were doing, and thus he turned to the wealth of knowledge he'd garnered from... well.. The Forge itself perhaps? Experience? Both? He wasn't sure but he had a wealth of sometimes random information in his head and perhaps it would help...

Is it some kind of vampire intelligence? An unknown alien lifeform, or perhaps some creature of magic? Or perhaps its' special kind of psychic vampire? Demon? A magical ritual? Think... think.. THINK!

"Using Lore Skills"
Lore: Psychics & Psionics 53% 1d100 = 83
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic 53% 1d100 = 54
Lore: Galactic Aliens 53% 1d100 = 77
Lore: Lore: D-Bee 43% 1d100 = 61
Lore: Vampires 38% 1d100 = 98

Demon and Monster Lore 43% 1d100 = 5
Lore: Magic
General Knowledge: 43% 1d100 = 54
Recognize Magic Circles, Runes, etc: 33% 1d100 = 12
Recognize Enchantment 25% 1d100 = 38

Regardless of what he comes up with, the news of a pathway down, and the trouble raised would draw his full attention. At first, he's uncertain of how to proceed, but when Metri starts to hurl his hammer, Oradro leaps into action, attempting to aid Metri's efforts by forcing his way in with pure, brute force, using his claws to try and help rend a path thorugh.

"Attempts to help Metri break through the wall"
Number of Attacks: 6
Claw: 1d6*10 = 40 + 2d6 = 4
Claw: 1d6*10 = 60 + 2d6 = 12
Claw: 1d6*10 = 30 + 2d6 = 6
Claw: 1d6*10 = 60 + 2d6 = 8
Claw: 1d6*10 = 30 + 2d6 = 4
Claw: 1d6*10 = 20 + 2d6 = 6

JIC Dodge/Parry: 1d20+9 = 281d20+9 = 191d20+9 = 211d20+9 = 111d20+9 = 22
Oradro's Sheet
PPE: 690
MDC 340

Constant Conditions:
  • Regeneration: 1d4X10 per Minute.
  • Does not require air, food or sleep.
  • Impervious to Fire (except Magic). All other non magical energy attacks do 1/100th damage (Lasers, Particle Beams, Ion Beams etc). Physical, Magic and PSI attacks do full damage.
Oradro

Postby Juan Echo » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:41 pm

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 15
JiC: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 3

Gear
Armor
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Armor by location:
    Main body: 95/140
    Head: 60/60
    Arms (each): 50/50
    Legs (each): 60/60
Splurgoth Talisman of Armor of Ithan (activated once): 100/100 M.D.C.
Energy Aura (activated once): 100/100 M.D.C.
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
NE-74GL Grenade Launcher (Ammo 48/48)
Active Effects
Nightvision
Cosmic Armor. 160 min. 800/800 MDC. Breathe for spell's duration. Constant internal temperature, protected from cold, radiation and extreme blasts of heat. Hover and fly at a speed of 380 mph. 1/2 damage from: Magic and MD cold and heat/fire/plasma. -5% to all Physical Skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing and similar. -10% to Palming, Pick Pocket, Prowl, and other Rogue, Medical and Technical skills that require a delicate touch.

A hollow thud reverberates form the column when Juan taps it with his club. There is a chamber or shaft inside, and who knows what is inside. He spots a small switch and wonders if this will open a hidden door and deeper into the building.* He is about to flip it open when he hears Sorrenson's report on the radio:
Urqos Sorrenson wrote:"Hey! Eastern wing, there are people down there! My drone is picking up audio." He then patches a link the audio feed though to the rest of the team so they can listen to it if they wish. "Drone's thermal shows two adults and four kids. I'll heading there now. Gotta get there before those kids get 'hooked up' to those draining tubes..."

Does this count as good news? Sure, in that it means we can stop the building from eating more Urqos. Juan looks quickly at down the hallway, and then back at Icky. "Roger that, Urqos S., we'll meet you --"

The hallway ceiling collapses as a small metal block flies by. "By Odin's beard..."** Juan watches as Metri speeds behind the debris and dashes after him, Magical Clubs drawn. They will save the children and hopefully find out more about this building's nature.

* Based on the successful perception roll. If this is an oversight, feel free to ignore obviously. The dice rolls below are from an error when pasting drafts from the original.txt file
** Even without knowing Skorl's Norse background, Juan might have a flashback to the time when Loki wagered that he could not toss a balled up cocktail napkin into the eye socket of a drunken and passed out Mr. Wednesday.
1d100 = 85
1d20 = 16
1d100 = 69
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 42/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Kaedras Starfall » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:31 pm

Perception 42% 1d100 = 77

JIC: 1d20 = 15
1d100 = 20

Conditions:
  • Sixth sense (untriggered)
  • Cosmic Armor. ??/160 min. 800/800 MDC. Breathe for spell's duration. Constant internal temperature, protected from cold, radiation and extreme blasts of heat. Hover and fly at a speed of 380 mph. 1/2 damage from: Magic and MD cold and heat/fire/plasma. -5% to all Physical Skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing and similar. -10% to Palming, Pick Pocket, Prowl, and other Rogue, Medical and Technical skills that require a delicate touch.
  • Psionic Force Field 70/70 M.D.C.

Metri wrote:"Transformed into a biological construct, this building is? Or containment of a massive creature, hidden behind these walls are."

"It is possible the... tendrils... are a biological construct, not a creature... but I got a sense that there's an intelligence there. I am unsure."

Sorrenson wrote:"Hey! Eastern wing, there are people down there! My drone is picking up audio."

As Metri takes to the air, Kaedras is not far behind. The possibility that children may be harmed is too much to countenance. He hovers slightly behind Metri, bow in hand, a tranquilizer gas arrow nocked but the string not pulled. His inscrutable face does not betray his rage. Turn the children loose or I swear to the stars you will not finish this day.
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 168/168
M.D.C.: 37/37

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35
Psionic Force Field: 70/70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
Kaedras Starfall

Postby Starchief » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:11 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 56/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 81

Conditions
Champion: 135/150 ISP

Computers wiped. D'rast. Living matter between the walls? What the hell? An elevator to a basement, of course. We will have to investigate that. Kids? Voices?
Sorrenson wrote:"Hey! Eastern wing, there are people down there! My drone is picking up audio. Gotta get there before those kids get 'hooked up' to those draining tubes..."

As he begins to give the order for the team to head to the East to deal with Sorrenson's discovery, he notices that they're already there. "You six deal with the East wing. Stay in radio contact, team. Mara and I will begin to scout the basement. M, you're with me."

Starchief heads to the elevator shaft with Mara, gets in and activates the controls to head down.
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3

Ledger
Starchief
Group Leader

Postby Mara » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:45 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 24 / 65% (95% when dealing with vampires or undead)
JiC: 1d20 = 2 1d100 = 59

Conditions: Eyes Three (20)-- 60 min duration, Nightvision 1200', See the Invisible, See Aura, +1 to strike, +1 to Initiative

Mara first instinct is to rush to the kids, but when she hears Starburst's orders she knows her other teammates are more then capable of dealing with . . . well damn near anything. She nods to their leader and says, "Okay, lets go see if this is a creature or a construct. I haven't fought a vamp intelligence in years, but this looks a bit bigger." Suck it up Mara, it isn't like you haven't fought giant creatures before. Remember that small moon creature that was orbiting Septema 7. Of course I was with a small fleet when we took on that beast. Mara smiles at that thought, loosens her sword and enters the elevator with Starburst. She tries to remember if she has even heard of a creature such as this before.

Lore: Demons and Monsters- 1d100 = 1 / 91%
Lore: Faerie & Creatures of Magic--1d100 = 17 / 71%
Lore: Dimension--1d100 = 44 / 61%
Mythology--1d100 = 23 / 36%
Mara Archerean

Soundtrack:
Tomorrow We Fight
Mara
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Chef Icky » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:19 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 39/43%
JIC: 1d100 = 70/1d20 = 19

Conditions

Icky studies the concealed control panel for a moment. "Oi, chum, lookie 'ere... 'Come inta me parlor,' said da 'rachnid to da dipteroid..." he mutters to Juan before hitting his comms. "Oi, youse mugs, dis pillar's got an elevator stuffed inside. Don't look like it's rigged ta blow but it's almost like... by Dionysus, it feels like it wants us to ride it. Weird."

He thinks another moment and shrugs his shoulders. What the frag, it's not like we've got anything to lose here... He closes his eyes and puts his hand on the pillar. "Oi, Dionysus, dis buildin' seems ta be almost... alive," he says softly. "If dat's da case, an' if dere's any way ya can put it at ease by gettin' it good an' buzzed, please send it through yer servant 'ere so dat we may save dese kids who've done nuthin' wrong an' don't deserve what we think's in store fer dem."

He opens one eye slightly to see if anything happens.

If something does, then he'll do a quick fist pump before closing his eyes again. "Oi thanks, chief. Knew I could count on ya."

If nothing happens, then he'll just shrug. "Meh, 'parently ya gotta get yer official 'priest ID' 'fore ya can pull dat stuff off. Oh well."

He readies his weapons and gets ready to venture downstairs. Snapping his fingers, he turns to Metri (or hits his comms again). "Oi Boog -- ya got some spare magic juice fer one o' dem armor spells like ya were passin' out on Cormal? Purdy-pleeze?"

Regardless of whether or not Metri casts his armor spell (though hopefully he will, he's nice like that) he'll follow anyone downstairs as stealthily as possible.

Prowl -- 1d100 = 78/69%
Prowl -- 1d100 = 55/69% (2nd attempt)
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Dark Lord » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:38 am

Sorrenson reports additional telemetry from his drones, most notably a few heat signatures and some low conversation from one corner of the building. Metri likewise reports the impressions he is receiving from the facility- very strange, and outside of the Yhabbayar’s experience. Metri also ruminates on Kaedras’ report, running through the list of species he’s heard of that are capable of and willing to do something like this. Two species that Metri can think of are known to harvest biological material from other sentients for their own purposes- Splugorth bio-wizards, and Gene-Techs from the Anvil galaxy. It’s not hard to imagine they’d be interested in a population like Seeron’s. The Necrols are an obvious choice, if only because of Thraxus’ assertion that the Necrols were responsible for invading Phase World in the alternate future your missions are trying to prevent. Their infamous bio-tech takes many strange forms, many of which are unknown outside of their secretive homeworld, but it doesn’t fit with what is known about them. By all accounts the Necrols have a fanatical hatred of technology that effectively has made them xenophobes as far as the rest of the Three Galaxies are concerned. Why would they operate on Seeron, in secret no less?

Metri even briefly considers the possibility of an even more exotic faction like the Star Hives or the Dominators, but they tend not to operate in secret on planets so Metri doesn’t put much stock in the idea. It could even be some sort of experiment of the Tarlok, or the Burning Scythe- it’s pretty clear that the natives in this system are no strangers to bio-tech. At the end of the day, none of the evidence before you is definitive. There are too many unknowns to be able to speculate as to who is behind the facility, or what their ultimate goal is.

While Juan and Icky continue poking and prodding the pillar, an endeavor that ultimately succeeds in opening the concealed cargo elevator, Oradro decides to abandon his post near the entrance at take a closer look at the biological conduits Juan found. However the cosmo-knight is completely baffled by what he sees- it is all outside of his experience. Meanwhile, Sorrenson finishes going through the updated telemetry from his drones, and realizes that some of the heat signatures present are child-sized. This revelation prompts immediate action from Metri, and an order from Starchief for everyone to back up the Yhabbayar while he and Mara avail themselves of the elevator. Icky radios a request for some cosmic armor of his own, but Metri has bigger fish to fry and the minotaur will, for the moment, have to wait.

Without even waiting for the others, Metri uses the flight capabilities of his armor to rush to the drone’s location in the eastern wing. Kaedras follows immediately, knocking an arrow in case he needs to knock someone else. Behind you, you hear Kaboom breathing heavily as he sprints after you, trying to keep up. Juan, Sorrenson, and Oradro all abandon their inspections of the facility’s interior to rush to assist- Oradro gets there in a matter of seconds, while Juan and Sorrenson take a little longer to get there. Metri manages another defensive spell on himself while in transit ((-13 PPE)), before unleashing Skorl on the hapless childrens’ captors.

After Skorl gloriously flies into battle but before he impacts the door Metri hears a muffled ”Get down!”, but if Skorl hears he gives no sign as the mighty warrior is finally, at long last, entering battle. With a telepathic battle cry that only the nearby psychics can hear, Skorl breaks down the door and barrels into the room behind with every intention of righteously smiting the captors on the other side. Instead, he is greeted with a loud, ”What the f...?!?”, and an blast that looks identical to ley line energy (and yet does not activate any sense magic-type abilities). The blast envelops Skorl, and without further fuss the rune hammer abruptly vanishes.

Oradro follows right behind Skorl, slamming into the doorframe and making a wider point of entry for his compatriots. In addition to the noise this produces quite a bit of dust and debris, prompting a series of coughs from those inside the room. As the dust clears, you see four bio-freak children cowering in the corner, and two adults who appear to have taken cover behind a conference table in the room. One of them, garbed all in black (including a minimalist face mask) with a stylized (and nearly unreadable) ‘D’ emblazoned on his chest glows with the same energy that disappeared Skorl, while Kaedras recognizes the other as the psychic who detected him. A wave of disorientation then strikes Oradro, and he dizzily leans against one wall in an effort to recover his equilibrium ((Oradro: You are -1 attack, 1/2 speed, and -4 to all combat moves for 10 minutes)). Then Metri and Kaedras enter, and Metri makes his pronouncement.
Metri wrote:"If harmed one hair of children's head... forfeit your life will be."
At this, the guy with the D on his chest adjusts his mask, squints at the two of you, and replies guardedly ”Who the hell are you? And what do you want with the children?” At his side, the psychic scowls at the D-man, but remains silent. Behind you, Sorrenson and Juan arrive on the scene, while you still hear Kaboom running in your direction.
Four.jpg

Meanwhile, Starchief and Mara head to the elevator. Icky decides to disregard Starchief’s orders and follow the two of them down, reasoning that Metri has plenty of backup. The three of you enter the elevator and press “down.” You cannot help but feel a sense of foreboding as the doors close and the elevator begins its descent. The trip down takes perhaps 10 seconds- clearly there’s a lot of ground in-between the basement and ground floor levels of the facility. Mara runs through her knowledge of the paranormal and the monstrous, but thinks of nothing that fits with what you’ve seen of the facility thus far. Finally the elevator shudders to a stop, the doors open without a sound, and both Mara and Starchief feel their danger senses go off.

You cautiously step off of the elevator, and into something out of a nightmare- or worse yet, the Minion War. You find yourself in the middle of a circular room- a small hallway around the elevator exit provides access to a series of rooms laid out around it in a ring. Most of the rooms do not have doors- the walls serving more as partitions, as if the entire basement is one big hospital room. You can see into two of the partitions directly ahead of you- both are packed full of beds, each one of which bears a desiccated, almost mummy-like corpse. It’s hard to say for sure without a more detailed, up-close examination but the corpses all appear to be bio-freaks of one form or another. The keen-eyed among you spot one room barred with a toothy, organic door of some sort.

The room itself is as disconcerting as its former inhabitants. If you didn’t know better, you’d say that you are now in the belly of some kind of organism. The walls appear to be made of flesh, or some kind of organic material, with bony carapace plates serving in lieu of bulkheads and structural support. Even the floor is squishy and fleshy. Mara, who is not wearing environmental armor, reports that the atmosphere feels humid, and turgid. There’s a scent of decay combined with something acrid and chemical in the air; the smell is decidedly unpleasant but breathable without difficulty. Various liquids most closely resembling bile drip from various parts of the room. A hazy mist permeates everything- anything below the ankle level is difficult to see, but otherwise the mist poses no further issue that you can see.

Then your attention is drawn to a small skittering on the floor. With a start, you realize that there are insects of some sort crawling round on the floor- and they are quickly making their way across the floor towards Icky and Starchief (but for some reason, not Mara). Starchief and Icky recognize them as similar to the pet Necrol bug Zem used to keep on board the ship.

What are you doing?
ImageImageImageImage
Dark Lord
Dimension Master

Postby Juan Echo » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:08 pm

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 77
JiC: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 77

Gear
Armor
Armor by location:
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
Active Effects
Nightvision
Cosmic Armor. 160 min. 800/800 MDC. Breathe for spell's duration. Constant internal temperature, protected from cold, radiation and extreme blasts of heat. Hover and fly at a speed of 380 mph. 1/2 damage from: Magic and MD cold and heat/fire/plasma. -5% to all Physical Skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing and similar. -10% to Palming, Pick Pocket, Prowl, and other Rogue, Medical and Technical skills that require a delicate touch.

Juan dashes as fast as he can to where Sorrenson has reported signs of life following the sound of Skorl smashing through the building. He can hear the techno-wizard behind him; even if Starchief had not ordered them, they would have gone there first. Saving the children was the first priority. Ahead he can hear the sound of Skorl smashing its way through the building.

As Juan turns a corner there is a bright flash of light, but he does not know what has happened to the hammer. He sees Oradro, followed by Kaedras and Metri enter the room and follows after. Inside the room he notices the two others, minions most likely (do not underestimate minions on this planet), in nondescript costumes.

"I just do not like the black versions the Skraypers costume," he blurts out. "It lacks color, flair. Even Urqos Kaboom cannot pull it off." He looks to the kids. "We are here to take you back to your parents or guardians; we won't let these Urqos..." and turning back to the minions, "whatever this is, it cannot be good, and we are here to stop it."

Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Kaedras Starfall » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:14 am

Perception 42% 1d100 = 54 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 5
1d100 = 75

Conditions:
  • Cosmic Armor. ??/160 min. 800/800 MDC. Breathe for spell's duration. Constant internal temperature, protected from cold, radiation and extreme blasts of heat. Hover and fly at a speed of 380 mph. 1/2 damage from: Magic and MD cold and heat/fire/plasma. -5% to all Physical Skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing and similar. -10% to Palming, Pick Pocket, Prowl, and other Rogue, Medical and Technical skills that require a delicate touch.

As Kaedras enters behind Oradro, he aims his nocked arrow at the psychic who'd detected him earlier. Recognizing the man, Kaedras nods curtly to the man. You, his thoughts seethe. You should've fled.

"I have returned. You will free the children immediately so they can be returned to their families."

After a moment, he adds, "This is not a request."

Impress: 45% 1d100 = 80 (FAIL)
Intimidate: 10% 1d100 = 87 (FAIL)

If possible, with a thought, Kaedras encapsulates the children in a dome of protective telekinetic force (Telekinetic Force Field; - 30 ISP) that excludes their captors.

To the children he says "You shall not be harmed."

Charm: 45% 1d100 = 87 (FAIL)
Invoke Trust: 10% 1d100 = 43 (FAIL)
Kaedras Starfall

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Psionic Force Field: 70/70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
Kaedras Starfall

Postby Metri » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:38 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 41 | 54%
JIC: 1d20 = 12| 1d100 = 30%
Status
MTB2_PPE: 167/180
Activated Psionics/Magic
  • Cosmic Armor. 150.75 min. 800/800 MDC. Breathe for spell's duration. Constant internal temperature, protected from cold, radiation and extreme blasts of heat. Hover and fly at a speed of 380 mph. 1/2 damage from: Magic and MD cold and heat/fire/plasma. -5% to all Physical Skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing and similar. -10% to Palming, Pick Pocket, Prowl, and other Rogue, Medical and Technical skills that require a delicate touch.
  • Enhanced Perception. 70.75 min. R25 pg 78-79: All natural senses +50%. +15% Perception. +1 strike, +2 parry/dodge. +10% to any skill that relies on basic senses.
  • Invulnerability. 15 melees. Impervious to cold, fire and all energy attacks, impervious to disease, poisons, toxins, gases and drugs. 50/50 MDC. +20 to save vs magic, psionic attacks and HF.

D-guy wrote:”Who the hell are you? And what do you want with the children?”

We want them to live free. Becoming the best versions of themselves that they can be. We want them not to be experimented upon or have their life essences siphoned for some nefarious purposes.
Juan Echo wrote:"I just do not like the black versions the Skraypers costume," he blurts out. "It lacks color, flair. Even Urqos Kaboom cannot pull it off." He looks to the kids. "We are here to take you back to your parents or guardians; we won't let these Urqos..." and turning back to the minions, "whatever this is, it cannot be good, and we are here to stop it."

Kaedras Starfall wrote:"I have returned. You will free the children immediately so they can be returned to their families."

After a moment, he adds, "This is not a request."

With Juan Echo colorfully interjecting and Kaedras addressing the psychic rather than the D-man, Metri inherently understands the tension of the situation. On the very small off-chance that these individuals are not among the 'bad guys', but moreso because their cooperation would be more helpful than not, the Yhabbayar uses a soothing tone to attempt to de-escalate the situation.

De-escalation skills
Trust. 92% | 1d100 = 43 <== Have these individuals trust the veracity and weight of his words.
Public Speaking. 85% | 1d100 = 18 <== Convey with body language the seriousness of the situation and that they will honor whatever promises are made.

"Compromised, your facility looks to be. Suspect I do, that our presence the reason for the lights is not." Metri says softly, gesturing a tridactyl finger at the flashing lights. "Interested in the safety of the children and solving the mystery of the missing bio-freaks our primary mission is. A choice you must now make."

"Provide aid. Assist in accomplishing these goals. And with great leniency your treatment will be. The gentle choice." Metri's face is soft when he lays out option 1 and his body communicates hopefulness in these two taking this path.

As he prepares to lay out option 2, the Yhabbayar's brow furrows and seriousness descends on his demeanor. His body tenses like a coiled rattlesnake, "Provide opposition. Obstruct in accomplishing these goals. And threat of immediate annihilation you will face."

Contingency:
Dodges(+12 not included): 6d20:
8, 13, 15, 8, 20, 12
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Sorrenson » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:00 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 53
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 93
OOC Comments
PPE: 141/151
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 eacho
Legs (2) - 200 each
Main Body - 400/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Fusion Blocks 5/5

Drone M.D.C

Gear on person:
Amulet of Understanding

M.D.C. by Location
TW enhancements (at 6th level): armor of Ithan (10), Fly as Eagle (25), Breathe without Air (5), Impervious to Energy (20)

Damage: 3d6 s.d.c. to s.d.c. creatures, 4d6 m.d.c. to m.d.c. beings and force fields, no damage to armor.
3 e-clips

Damage 1d4x10 +3 m.d.

Splugorth Mega-Blade

Bone Fetish

Utility/Tool Belt

Sorrenson gets the scene of the rescue and isn’t sure what he should be doing.
Juan Echo wrote:"I just do not like the black versions the Skraypers costume. It lacks color, flair.“

Sorrenson actually looks at the Skraper’s outfits. Juan is right, they are quite frankly - a bit shit. He can’t help himself and has to comment. “Oh no no no! Have you two not even heard of highlights?! You might as well be wearing a couple of taped together trash bags. At least trash bags have a useful purpose. Unlike those botch jobs... You’re both actually color blind, right?”

Looks like the others have got it under control. Yep - threats have been made, Juan has said something odd, Metri is trying to smooth things over....Oh that last bit was ice cold. I should be taking notes. He decides on not entering the room, it seems like there are enough of his team there already to keep the kids safe.

He checks the feed from one of the external drones and smiles. ”Heads up, we’ve got an angry flying Metri weapon flying around outside. Um, I think it’s on its way back here. That thing can haul ass!”

Sorrenson makes space for Kaboom to let him through. I wonder what Jaboom’s gunna make of this?
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Mara » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:20 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 91 / 65% (95% when dealing with vampires or undead)
JiC: 1d20 = 6 1d100 = 99

Conditions: Eyes Three (20)-- 60 min duration, Nightvision 1200', See the Invisible, See Aura, +1 to strike, +1 to Initiative; Sixth Sense (2 isp)-- bonuses for first round +6 to initiative, +2 to parry and +3 to dodge; Heart in chains (40)-- 60 min duration, 450 MD; Heart with large wings (20)-- 3 hours duration, fly at 70mph, up to 4,000 ft; +1 to strike and dodge

When Mara first steps off the elevator and her sixth sense goes off she activates her Heart in Chains tattoo (-40 ppe) and her Heart with large wings tattoo (-20 ppe). She floats off the floor and out of the muck by about one foot. What in the Abyss? "It is nasty in here, but breathable. Is this a stomach? What are we in? Watch yourselves, here comes some bugs." What are those things?

Lore: Demons and Monsters- 1d100 = 22 / 91%
Lore: Faerie & Creatures of Magic--1d100 = 30 / 71%
Lore: Dimension--1d100 = 90 / 61%
Mythology--1d100 = 3 / 36%
Mara Archerean

Soundtrack:
Tomorrow We Fight
Mara
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Oradro » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:43 pm

(OOC: Derp, posted from the wrong account again >.< sorry, life got busy for a bit)

Perception 32%: 1d100 = 55
JIC: 1d100 = 53

-1 attack, 1/2 speed, and -4 to all combat moves for 10 minutes

Oradro stumbles slightly when he's hit by that strange distortion blast. It takes him a bit to re-orient himself, and even then his perceptions are notably off, or... perhaps just slow? Reminds me of phase abilities... Wait, what would he have known about phase abilities anyway? What triggered that thought? He gives his head a shake and before he knows it, others have already taken the lead on trying to get the pair to back down. Still, better late than never he weighs in with his best attempt to intimidate the pair.

"You're outnumbered. Let the children go, surrender, and you will not be harmed. Refuse, and you'll face the full might of a Knight of the Forge."

(If applicable: HF: 12 when revealed as a Cosmo-Knight, 15 for those of an evil alignment)
Intimidate: 37% 1d100 = 65

Oradro will focus his attention on the pair, leaving the others as they try to reassure the Children to do just that. The fact that these children were being drained to feed... some creature.. angered him. Considerably. There was a ghost of the rage he once felt in another life, but now it was focused, controlled. It fueled his actions and thoughts, yet no longer controlled them. He was now as much a master of himself as anyone such as him could be. The whole while of course, he was trying not to let that distortion affect him too much, yet there was little he could do to counter it right now....
Oradro's Sheet
MDC 340

Constant Conditions:
  • Impervious to Fire (except Magic). All other non magical energy attacks do 1/100th damage (Lasers, Particle Beams, Ion Beams etc). Physical, Magic and PSI attacks do full damage.
Oradro

Postby Chef Icky » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:51 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 29/43%
JIC: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 17

Conditions

Mara wrote:"It is nasty in here, but breathable. Is this a stomach? What are we in? Watch yourselves, here comes some bugs."

Icky grunts. "Oi yah. If I didn't know any better I'd've sworn we just got... swallowed." He looks around. "Dis room looks like it's been decorated by Uncle Halthy himself." He pauses a moment. "Frakkin' Cormal."

Then his eyes settle on the bugs. "Big D's underpants -- NECROLS?" He looks at Starchief. "What da frag are Necrols doin' in yer back yard?" Mar's got the right idea here... he thinks to himself as he activates his grav-pack and rises up as far as he can without hitting the ceiling. "Dese don't look as cute an' cuddly as da one Haggis kept as a pet; don't let 'em get too close. Anyone got any ideas as ta how ya shoo 'em away wit'out makin' too big a mess o' things?"

He draws his pistol and takes aim at the bugs. He doesn't want to start shooting up the joint just yet but if they get too close and nobody else has any better ideas he'll squeeze off some blasts. Here's hoping they don't explode or anything as messy as that.

Combat actions if needed
APM: 8
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 15

Actions:
1. Shoot nearest bug with EP-5 Pistol. Strike: 1d20+4 = 18 | Damage: 3d6 = 8 MD
2. Shoot nearest bug with EP-5 Pistol. Strike: 1d20+4 = 24 | Damage: 3d6 = 10 MD CRIT!
3. Shoot nearest bug with EP-5 Pistol. Strike: 1d20+4 = 13 | Damage: 3d6 = 12 MD
4. Shoot nearest bug with EP-5 Pistol. Strike: 1d20+4 = 16 | Damage: 3d6 = 10 MD
5. Shoot nearest bug with EP-5 Pistol. Strike: 1d20+4 = 22 | Damage: 3d6 = 10 MD
6. Shoot nearest bug with EP-5 Pistol. Strike: 1d20+4 = 8 | Damage: 3d6 = 14 MD
7. Reserved for dodging. Dodge: 1d20+15 = 17
8. Reserved for dodging. Dodge: 1d20+15 = 35 CRIT!

Auto-parries with Darkwing if needed: 1d20+14 = 18, 1d20+14 = 22, 1d20+14 = 27, 1d20+14 = 29, 1d20+14 = 22, 1d20+14 = 23, 1d20+14 = 34 CRIT!, 1d20+14 = 28

Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Starchief » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:02 am

Perception: 1d100 = 50/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 5/1d100 = 83

Conditions
Armor of Ithan:
  • 70/70 MDC
  • 7:00/7 minutes

As the elevator begins to head down, Starchief turns to Icky and says "Just couldn't stay away, could you, Chef?"

With the door opening and his Star Alarm triggering, Starchief unsheathes Champion and holds it aloft as he takes in the scenery. Acknowledging the doorless rooms, Starchief mumbles "Great. More chances to split up." Approaching one of the beds, he takes a closer look at what's there. If he confirms that these are the bio-freaks he's been looking for, Starchief will pull a sheet over the one closest to him before exiting the room. "Someone will pay for this. For what they've done to my brothers." I bet my bottom dollar this has to do with the Guardsmen.

Focusing on the room's organic nature itself, Starchief ponders what Icky mentioned. "It does rather look like we're inside something or someone. I wonder what would happen if I..." He doesn't get a chance to finish his thought as the Necrols begin skittering in. "This must be the work of an outside force. We never had this species on this planet. God, I hate bugs." And damn, I wish I had my armor. He watches as both Mara and Icky float above the problem. Because the armor has a jetpack. And right now a jetpack would be very useful! OK, time to think... Starchief looks around the room for something high that he can leap and hold on to. Barring that, he will activate the Armor of Ithan enchantment from his Wand of Power and then begin slicing and dicing the Necrols running by him.

If Combat Actions are needed
Initiative: 1d20+9 = 19
APM: 10

Action 1: Activate Armor of Ithan.
Action 2: Slash Necrol with Champion. Strike: 1d20+13 = 28 Damage: 6d6+14 = 33
Action 3: Slash Necrol with Champion. Strike: 1d20+13 = 22 Damage: 6d6+14 = 36
Action 4: Slash Necrol with Champion. Strike: 1d20+13 = 23 Damage: 6d6+14 = 31
Action 5: Slash Necrol with Champion. Strike: 1d20+13 = 18 Damage: 6d6+14 = 42
Action 6: Slash Necrol with Champion. Strike: 1d20+13 = 22 Damage: 6d6+14 = 28
Action 7: Slash Necrol with Champion. Strike: 1d20+13 = 19 Damage: 6d6+14 = 25
Action 8: Slash Necrol with Champion. Strike: 1d20+13 = 21 Damage: 6d6+14 = 35
Action 9: Slash Necrol with Champion. Strike: 1d20+13 = 22 Damage: 6d6+14 = 37
Action 10: Slash Necrol with Champion. Strike: 1d20+13 = 22 Damage: 6d6+14 = 34

Parry: 1d20+15 = 27 1d20+15 = 28 1d20+15 = 22 1d20+15 = 32 1d20+15 = 19 1d20+15 = 23 1d20+15 = 19 1d20+15 = 26 1d20+15 = 19 1d20+15 = 27
Auto-dodge: 1d20+13 = 14 1d20+13 = 14 1d20+13 = 14 1d20+13 = 19 1d20+13 = 16 1d20+13 = 22 1d20+13 = 21 1d20+13 = 30 1d20+13 = 15 1d20+13 = 28
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

Saving Throw Bonuses:

Ledger
Starchief
Group Leader

Postby Dark Lord » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:35 am

On the ground floor five of you (plus Kaboom) confront the two Skraypers guarding the children. Kaedras enters the room at Metri’s side, ready for blood- he confirms the identity of the enemy psychic who ‘outed’ him, and keeps an arrow knocked and ready to shoot right into the man’s face. At his back, Juan offers some flippant commentary on the Skraypers’ color schemes, while Sorrenson decides to hold off and checks in with his drones. Finding that one of them identified Skorl outside the building, he lets the team know via radio that the rune hammer is one its way back to the team at a very impressive clip.

Meanwhile, Metri affixes the nefarious duo before him with a steely gaze, and with calm oratory lets them know in complete seriousness what will happen if they don’t let the kids go. MindLock scowls at the Yhabbayar, and growls ”Breaking contracts is bad for business.” but the D guy appears more thoughtful and says nothing. Then Oradro, fighting through the curious (and oddly familiar) stun sensation, steps forward with a bit of a wobble and puts on his best ‘smiter of evil’ face, and puts on his own attempt at intimidation. Again, D guy looks on impassively, but MindLock actually blanches at the cosmo-knight, and stumbles backwards- falling to the floor and shrieking ”S…Stay away from me!” Just as Kaedras is about to place a force field around the children, D guy grabs MindLock, and suddenly the enemy psychic is gone.

Presenting his hands to you palms up, the largely silent, questionably dressed Skrayper speaks. ”Easy there… I’m not like him- I draw the line at torturing children.” There’s a tense moment as all parties involved wait for someone to attack- but once D guy is clear that you meant what you said about letting him go he gingerly puts his hands down. Assuming the rest of you respond in kind, D guy says slowly ”If you’ve got somewhere to take ‘em, they’re all yours. Just get ‘em out of here- I don’t know what the hell they’re doing in the basement, but whatever it is, it’s nasty and I’m pretty sure you guys are the ones they’re waiting for. Whoever you are. MindLock’ll be gone for at least a few hours- make sure you are too.” With that, D guy abruptly vanishes.

The children remain huddled in the corner- clearly frightened and confused. You ponder what to do when Kaboom steps in-between Kaedras and Oradro, approaches the children, and gets down on one knee. In a gentle voice, he says ”Hi there kids- that was pretty scary, huh? But don’t worry- I’m a Skrayper and I’m gonna get you outta here! Or my name isn’t Kaboom! Now, who wants to go outside and play before we get outta here?” Whatever the Skrayper’s strange charm, it appears to work- two of the children offer tentative smiles, and with some gentle encouragement from Kaboom, scamper past the five of you and head towards the nearest exit. Kaboom returns to his feet and follows after promptly- but not before affixing Juan with a steely glare of his own. ”I’m gonna need a few minutes to build them a ramp they can use to get over the walls. You guys do what you gotta do- I’ll get ‘em back to the safehouse.” Kaboom then hurries after the children.

Assuming you head back towards the cargo elevator, about half a minute later Skorl comes bursting through the ceiling (in a shower of small debris), returns to Metri’s hand, and reacts appropriately to being teleported away only to apparently miss the entire fight.

In the basement, Mara reacts to the strange scene with an increasing sense of foreboding and activates a few of her magical tattoos ((Deduct PPE as intended)). Starchief and Icky follow suit, drawing their weapons and scanning the basement level warily. Bathed in the golden glow of Champion, Starchief cautiously inspects the room, even taking a closer look at one of the nearby beds. Although he doesn’t recognize the poor soul on it, it was undoubtedly a bio-freak- even assuming that the desiccation afflicting the corpse was the result of… whatever is going on here. Then the scurrying sounds draw your attention.

Upon realizing that the floor is home to a large number of disturbingly alien insects, Mara floats up to the ceiling (dorsal side?) of the room/organism. Icky activates his grav-pack and promptly follows suit. The chamber has a good 20-foot clearance, so both of you are able to a good 10 feet into the air before hitting the ceiling (or needing to contort yourselves to get even more height). Mara takes a good long look at the things, but can’t recall any monster species that might explain their presence on Seeron. Icky, however, recognizes them as Necrols (or more precisely, Necrol living technology). Starchief finds himself inwardly cursing that he neglected to bring his body armor (and not for the last time today), but decides to try and make do without his jetpack. He spies a rib-like protuberance near the ceiling of the room, and decides he’ll try to make a jump for it. Unfortunately, the layout of the room (to say nothing of the hostile bugs everywhere) makes a running start difficult, and Starchief just misses the protuberance even as Icky and Mara rise to the ceiling and the bugs draw in closer. With insufficient time to look for another way to avoid them, Starchief assumes a defensive stance and summons an armor of ithan from his wand. Icky, realizing his comrade is in trouble, opens fire with his pistol even as Starchief brandishes Champion and starts laying into the bugs. Between the two of you, you kill four of them, but the other 8 skitter in close to Starchief and then abruptly explode in several noxious clouds of acid ((-35 MDC)).

As the smoke clears, you survey the room and spy no other bugs crawling around. The hallway is quiet- too quiet, and the lone door beckons you invitingly. Icky thinks he hears something splashing on the other side. A few seconds later the doors (wetly) slide open and a humanoid female appears.
Pic.jpg
Pic.jpg (81.05 KiB) Viewed 3099 times

You think the hideous face smiles, and says "Oh good, you made it!" Starchief abruptly feels his super abilities wink out, and after a moment's disgust at the figure before you Icky realizes that the voice sounds familiar. It is that of Bashka, the leader of the Guardsmen you fought back in the depths of Center.

What are you doing?
((Combat posts for those of you in the basement, non-combat posts for the rest please. I'll reconcile the two subgroups time-wise next week.))
ImageImageImageImage
Dark Lord
Dimension Master

Postby Mara » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:38 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 62 / 65% (95% when dealing with vampires or undead)
JiC: 1d20 = 11 1d100 = 61

Conditions: Eyes Three (20)-- 60 min duration, Nightvision 1200', See the Invisible, See Aura, +1 to strike, +1 to Initiative; Heart in chains (40)-- 60 min duration, 450 MD; Heart with large wings (20)-- 3 hours duration, fly at 70mph, up to 4,000 ft; +1 to strike and dodge

When the bugs go off, "Artemis' Arse! What in the Abyss are those hellish things? Acid bombs?" Enough of those would make an interesting front line of an army, soften up the early ranks. Nasty! When Mara sees the creature emerge from the doorway she asks, "Threat?" Regardless of a response Mara draws her sword, and if she can, she would notice the creature's aura? Assuming she gets the affirmative on the threat or sees anyone else attack she will move in with her sword. Well I've seen too much in my life, but damn that is some nasty armor.

APM: 7
Init: 1d20+4 = 7

Attack 1: Draw sword, Speak and see Aura.
Attack 2: Attack with Stoney Dragon. Attack: 1d20+14 = 28; Damage: 10d6+12 = 48 x2 if Evil
Attack 3: Attack with Stoney Dragon. Attack: 1d20+14 = 20; Damage: 10d6+12 = 56 x2 if Evil
Attack 4: Attack with Stoney Dragon. Attack: 1d20+14 = 22; Damage: 10d6+12 = 47 x2 if Evil
Attack 5: Attack with Stoney Dragon. Attack: 1d20+14 = 24; Damage: 10d6+12 = 54 x2 if Evil
Attack 6: Attack with Stoney Dragon. Attack: 1d20+14 = 33 CRIT; Damage: 10d6+12 = 38 x2 76 MD x2 if Evil
Attack 7: Attack with Stoney Dragon. Attack: 1d20+14 = 16; Damage: 10d6+12 = 49 x2 if Evil

Parry: 1d20+14 = 22 1d20+14 = 19 1d20+14 = 29 1d20+14 = 16 1d20+14 = 15 1d20+14 = 24 1d20+14 = 32
Dodge (if Needed): 1d20+12 = 20 1d20+12 = 13 1d20+12 = 26 1d20+12 = 14 1d20+12 = 18 1d20+12 = 18 1d20+12 = 21
Mara Archerean

Soundtrack:
Tomorrow We Fight
Mara
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Juan Echo » Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:09 am

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 33
JiC: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 78

Gear
Armor
Armor by location:
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
Active Effects
Nightvision

Clubs drawn, Juan Echo is ready to smash through anyone that is keeping the children from safety. He quickly glances at Kaedras; if the Star Elf looses his arrow, the Wandering God will charge the other. But then the unexpected happen, the one in all black disappears his companion.

Urqos D wrote:"If you’ve got somewhere to take ‘em, they’re all yours. Just get ‘em out of here- I don’t know what the hell they’re doing in the basement, but whatever it is, it’s nasty and I’m pretty sure you guys are the ones they’re waiting for. Whoever you are. MindLock’ll be gone for at least a few hours- make sure you are too."

Juan lowers his clubs slightly; this one does not appear to be a threat. He looks to the others to see if the intervene. It is Kaboom that approaches the kids to reassure them. Funny, I would never have expected Urqos Kaboom to be good with kids. Tho, kids can be assholes, and like finds like.* As the sidekick starts to usher the kids out he locks eyes with The Wanderer. Juan has many questions for him - does he know the other Urqos? Who do they work for? Where is he taking the children? Does his windowless van have enough space for them all?

Urqos Kaboom wrote:"I’m gonna need a few minutes to build them a ramp they can use to get over the walls. You guys do what you gotta do- I’ll get ‘em back to the safe house."

Juan raises his club to block Kaboom's path. "Is that where we shall rendezvous?" he asks. He then lowers his head to the other's face. "When we get back, we will need to debrief."

With the Seeronians gone, Juan looks to the rest of the Adventurers. "I don't know how I feel about letting Urqos Kaboom take the children. But we should go find Urqos Chief and the others. I wonder what they found below up the pillar."

* High on the Chirpa Plateau, Urqos Chattel slowly ambles down the hallways of the Hostess' penthouse, where she has been day drinking in the solarium. The other servants greet him with a warm embrace as he passes by, for truly Urqos Chattel is the most beloved of all mortals in the Echo Yul. It is said that even the Gelder smiles when he passes by her stony gaze. And yet, as Urqos Swoo leads a group of small House Urqos from choir practice, one stops in front of Urqos Chattel and screams, "ROSHAMBO!" before kicking him squarely in the groin.
He limps in to the solarium, and gives the Hostess a weak grin.
"Roshambo?" she asks her favorite devotee. She gives a weary laugh "Kids can be such assholes. I do not understand why Jonny keeps having them." She looks out at the sun, and beyond, to wherever her brother may be.

Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Starchief » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:18 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 41/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 85

Conditions
Champion:
  • 130/150 ISP
  • Damage: 6D6
  • Inspiring Aura:
  • +3 to Strike, Dodge and Parry
Armor of Ithan:
  • 35/70 MDC
Starchief Costume:
  • 20/20 MDC
[size=125]MDC:
  • 443/443 MDC
[size=125]Millennium Wand of Power:
    [size=85]
  • 4/5 Activations left

"Disgusting." Starchief looks at the acid bubbling on his magical protection. I've gotta practice my standing jumps. That could have gone better. The quiet starting to worry him with the constant sense that something is about to happen, he is relieved and upset when the squishing noise previously heard reveals itself to be none other than Bashka, the leader of the group they are here to stop. "You!" He shouts out with confidence directly before he can feel himself lose his gifts. Godsdamnit. To Mara's question, he shouts out "Threat!" before finding cover of some sort. He makes a fist and fires off a few electrical blasts from his bionic systems while gathering his thoughts regarding the situation. Forces upstairs are occupied but we need them here. They've turned off my powers, again. Have to see if that fool Bedlam is there and stay alive.

Initiative: 1d20+6 = 22
APM: 8 (10-2)

Action 1: Find cover/dodge.
Action 2: Find cover/dodge.
Action 3: Fire Electrical Blast @ Bashka from cover. Strike: 1d20+7 = 12 Damage: 4d6 = 16 MD
Action 4: Fire Electrical Blast @ Bashka from cover. Strike: 1d20+7 = 11 Damage: 4d6 = 13 MD
Action 5: Fire Electrical Blast @ Bashka from cover. Strike: 1d20+7 = 14 Damage: 4d6 = 8 MD
Action 6: Fire Electrical Blast @ Bashka from cover. Strike: 1d20+7 = 13 Damage: 4d6 = 14 MD
Action 7: Fire Electrical Blast @ Bashka from cover. Strike: 1d20+7 = 23 Damage: 4d6 = 12 MD
Action 8: Fire Electrical Blast @ Bashka from cover. Strike: 1d20+7 = 11 Damage: 4d6 = 10 MD

Dodge: 1d20+7 = 231d20+7 = 16
Parry: 1d20+10 = 261d20+10 = 301d20+10 = 221d20+10 = 251d20+10 = 231d20+10 = 301d20+10 = 211d20+10 = 25

Contingency: If Starchief's AoI goes down, he will sacrifice an action to renew it immediately.
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

Saving Throw Bonuses:

Ledger
Starchief
Group Leader

Postby Kaedras Starfall » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:24 pm

Perception 42% 1d100 = 64

JIC: 1d20 = 8
1d100 = 99

Conditions:

When the D-Man teleports the psychic away, Kaedras nearly looses an arrow, but his resolve holds.

D-Man wrote:”Easy there… I’m not like him- I draw the line at torturing children. If you’ve got somewhere to take ‘em, they’re all yours. Just get ‘em out of here- I don’t know what the hell they’re doing in the basement, but whatever it is, it’s nasty and I’m pretty sure you guys are the ones they’re waiting for. Whoever you are. MindLock’ll be gone for at least a few hours- make sure you are too.”

Kaedras relaxes his bowstring and lowers his aim to the floor. He glances at the children, then to Metri. As Kaboom steps in to remove the children from the facility, Kaedras is glad. Now we can focus on this place... vile though it is.

Juan Echo wrote:"I don't know how I feel about letting Urqos Kaboom take the children. But we should go find Urqos Chief and the others. I wonder what they found below up the pillar."

Kaedras nods almost imperceptibly. "He knows the city - the only other alternative is one of us escort the children back, and we'd almost certainly draw more attention than he. I agree that we need to discover this facility's purpose. And end it."

With that, he will accompany the others back down the corridor, arrows still nocked but at ease. He is shocked when Metri's weapon crashes through the ceiling to return to his hand. A useful feature, that. I should like that on a weapon of my own.
Kaedras Starfall

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Kaedras Starfall

Postby Sorrenson » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:51 am

Perception: 1d100 = 53
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 18
OOC Comments
PPE: 131/151, includes -10 for this post's AoI
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 eacho
Legs (2) - 200 each
Main Body - 400/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 100/100 -10 minutes remain
Fusion Blocks 5/5

Drone M.D.C

Gear on person:
Amulet of Understanding

M.D.C. by Location

3 e-clips

Damage 1d4x10 +3 m.d.

Splugorth Mega-Blade

Bone Fetish

Utility/Tool Belt

D Guy wrote:”I don’t know what the hell they’re doing in the basement, but whatever it is, it’s nasty and I’m pretty sure you guys are the ones they’re waiting for. Whoever you are.”

This statement makes Sorrenson's blood run cold. Wait! What? There's someone waiting for us? Specifically us! He thinks to himself as he becomes more alarmed. Fighting back the urge to freak out he squints and thinks hard about it. So the TGE goons we were sent here to find know we're here... and that we're coming right too them... Just like they planned? Once he calms his nerves about that fact that they are currently, and most definitely, in some kind of horrible trap, he has a nagging question. How did they know? How long have they known we were coming? Looks like these TGE goons have been here a while... We only made planet-side not that long ago... I don't get it. Even if Kaboom or J'haad has sold us out the timeline is funky.

He turns to D-Dude. "Hey, Mr D-on-your-chest. How long have these jokers been down there? How long have they been waiting for us?"

Juan Echo wrote: "I don't know how I feel about letting Urqos Kaboom take the children. But we should go find Urqos Chief and the others. I wonder what they found below up the pillar."

Sorrenson shrugs, his PA copies. "It's better to have the kids out of here. I predict a firefight in our near future." Then he looks at Kaboom and his paranoia gets the better of him. He set his spy drone on a 'low-profile tail' setting so that it will follow Kaboom and the kids at a discrete distance. "I'm setting my Spy Drone to follow Kaboom and the kids. Once the fight here is over I'll ping it for it's location if we get back to the safe-house if Kaboom isn't there. Otherwise it'll run silent and passive." He lets the others know what he's doing with the drone.

On his way to the elevator Sorrenson decides that now is not the time for soothing elevator music. He glances at a plan of the building on his HUD he decides on a spot. Right about here should do it... If a flying hammer, or is it an axe?, can burst through the roof I should be able to blast my way down. "Right. No time for the elevator. I'm going down!" He activates the Armor of Ithan on his PA and points his Starfire at the floor and opens fire. He'll fire up to four shots - if needed - and then use the Drudge's impressive strength and/or Stomp to clear a hole big enough for the Drudge to drop down into the basement.

Rolls
Strike the floor with Starfire: 1d20+2 = 17, damage to the floor 2d6*10 = 40MD
Strike the floor with Starfire: 1d20+2 = 10, damage to the floor 2d6*10 = 90MD
Strike the floor with Starfire: 1d20+2 = 19, damage to the floor 2d6*10 = 70MD
Strike the floor with Starfire: 1d20+2 = 3, damage to the floor 2d6*10 = 90MD
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Metri » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:00 am

Perception: 1d100 = 44 | 54%
JIC: 1d20 = 6| 1d100 = 91%
Status
Activated Psionics/Magic
  • Cosmic Armor. 150.50 min. 800/800 MDC. Breathe for spell's duration. Constant internal temperature, protected from cold, radiation and extreme blasts of heat. Hover and fly at a speed of 380 mph. 1/2 damage from: Magic and MD cold and heat/fire/plasma. -5% to all Physical Skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing and similar. -10% to Palming, Pick Pocket, Prowl, and other Rogue, Medical and Technical skills that require a delicate touch.
  • Enhanced Perception. 70.50 min. R25 pg 78-79: All natural senses +50%. +15% Perception. +1 strike, +2 parry/dodge. +10% to any skill that relies on basic senses.
  • Invulnerability. 14 melees. Impervious to cold, fire and all energy attacks, impervious to disease, poisons, toxins, gases and drugs. 50/50 MDC. +20 to save vs magic, psionic attacks and HF.

D-guy's assistance is met with immense gratitude from the Yhabbayar. The little mystic practically oozes it from his pores. He places a tridactyl palm on his chest and offers future sanctuary to the Skrayper during the moment of redemption, "Earned our gratitude, you have. Thankful, yess. If ever Haven you seek, welcome among us with open arms you will be." Metri explains. He is subsequently not surprised at his sudden disappearance.

Powers of teleportation or spatial manipulation? What a fascinating individual. I am glad for his turn in heart. Metri muses while Kaboom ushers the frightened children to safety.

Bloody bastard ruined a perfectly good smash-fest! Pretty scenery though. D-man 'ported me into a women's locker room. Pretty ladies can scrub my bubbles anytime... after some skull-crack'n that is. Skorl's voice rattles in Metri's mind, marking the point in his return travel once within range. Glad to see you safely back. the Yhabbayar replies, not entertaining the boorish remarks even as the hammer explodes portions of the ceiling in its haste. And you needn't worry about missing out on the fight. I believe that is still ahead... or perhaps more accurately, below us.

Juan Echo wrote: "I don't know how I feel about letting Urqos Kaboom take the children. But we should go find Urqos Chief and the others. I wonder what they found below up the pillar."

"Quickly, yess... Awaiting us below, a trap is. To our friends." Metri agrees and follows Juan, Kaedras and Sorrenson down the makeshift hole the Drudge punches via magical flight granted by Cosmic Armor.
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Dark Lord » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:42 am

On the ground floor, it doesn’t take long to resolve both Kaboom’s presence on the mission, and the need to get the children to safety. While Juan eyes the Skrayper suspiciously, clubs at the ready, Kaedras makes a well-reasoned argument for letting him go. The rest of you agree, and Oradro points Kaboom to the parked vehicle outside. Without further fuss, Kaboom bundles the children outside, into the hovercar, and takes off- flying close to the ground. Sorrenson, after suppressing a moment’s panic at the knowledge that the guardsmen may be waiting for them in the basement, discreetly sends his spy drone after Kaboom. Checking its telemetry later will confirm that Kaboom took a roundabout route to the safehouse, ditching the vehicle in an alley a few blocks over and sequestering the children inside. That done, you all agree that you need to get to the basement, now. You head back to the central foyer. Along the way Metri reclaims Skorl, and all of you ready your weapons.

In the basement, Starchief recognizes Bashka’s voice as she emerges from… you shudder to think. Mara draws her weapon and examines Bashka’s aura. It shows a high level of experience, no psionic or magic abilities, high PPE, no possession, and an unusual human aberration (surprise, surprise). Starchief dives into cover beside the elevator even as Bashka rushes him, a half a second slower. The Shield of Seeron hits the deck, deploys his bionic weapon system, and fires a series of electrical bursts at the guardswoman. What follows is a blistering display of acrobatic proficiency the likes of which you have never seen- Bashka threads her body past every blast, displaying preternatural reflexes along with muscle movements and contortions that shouldn’t even be possible in a humanoid (at least, not without breaking a bone). While she was a formidable combatant last time, you don’t remember her being so fast. Whatever that… thing she’s wearing is, it could be doing something to increase her combat abilities. Substantially.

Bashka closes the distance in the blink of an eye, and lands one blow even as Starchief parries two others. Large claws appear from the backs of her hands and tear a large rent in his magical protection ((-10 MDC Starchief)). Mara and Icky ready their weapons and move to their leader’s aid; Icky doesn’t have time to do much before Bashka lands a quick one-two punch on his face that sends the minotaur flying ((-36 MDC Icky)). Mara fares little better, deflecting most of Bashka’s frenzied attacks but still taking a hit ((-12 MDC Mara)). The Atlantean’s counterattacks likewise run afoul of Bashka’s blinding defense- Mara is almost impressed that she barely manages to land a single blow despite all her efforts. Even then, the organic material covering Bashka’s body is remarkably resilient. Mara’s blade doesn’t cut as deeply as she’d expect it to, and even as she winds up for another attack thick, black blood spurts from the wound. Where it splashes, it begins eating into her magical protection (and the floor) like acid- even stronger stuff than the bug-bombs you saw upon entering ((Mara, -18 MDC now, and another -18 MDC per melee for each of the next three melee rounds)).

Up above, and apparently thinking along the same lines as Sorrenson, Oradro charges ahead. By the time you get to the foyer he has already torn open the doors to the elevator- heavy-duty construction is no match for the might of the forge. The both of you charge into the open elevator shaft and dive down, firing bursts of energy as you go. Never designed to take this kind of stress, you blast a hole into the heavy-duty elevator car. The giant mass of Sorrenson’s drudge tears through the weakened spot and straight through the car, landing heavily at the bottom of the shaft amidst a small explosion that blows elevator car and part of the surrounding shaft to smithereens ((-45 MDC Sorrenson, -10 MDC Starchief and Icky)). With Oradro flying right behind you, you finish the explosion’s work and tear through the final set of doors, emerging on the eerily organic basement level.

Juan, Metri, and Kaedras follow behind the heavy ordinance, their magical armor enabling them to more or less keep pace with Oradro (as appropriate, your sixth senses trigger as you get close to the basement level). Metri’s own sense of foreboding grows as he approaches the basement, and when he emerges from the elevator shaft he finally understands why. The entire level is a living organism- one whose very existence is an assault on his sense of life. It is an abomination, a perversion- life twisted and turned twice over against the very nature of its own existence. This is life that has been transformed- not just into an agent of death, but a willful conversion of life into its cold, unyielding antithesis: technology. It makes him want to scream, to flee, and now that he is within it Metri can clearly sense supernatural evil from the closed room ahead.

Then, from behind the closed membrane comes a deafening roar. The membrane opens, and a monstrosity emerges. Its head bears clear Kreeghor features, and as the entire apparatus turns into gleaming, spiked metal those of you on the prior mission recognize this playmate as well. He charges into the room, straight for Oradro while behind him and to his left, some sort of winged monstrosity takes to the air and transforms into electricity. The effect would almost be angelic if it weren’t so terrifying.
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (9.07 KiB) Viewed 2802 times
Flier.jpg
Flier.jpg (17.5 KiB) Viewed 2802 times

((Everyone, save vs. HF 12 in your next post and respond accordingly.
Sorrenson, please include a location for each of your drones in your next post. I’d encourage you to make this a common practice along with your other conditions, JIC, etc.))

Begin Round 2!

Round 1 Summary
Starchief: -20 MDC
Icky: -46 MDC
Mara: -30 MDC, acid status
Sorrenson: -45 MDC

Current Status
Bashka is in melee combat with Starchief and Mara. Icky has been knocked back but will be good to go this round. Everyone else is in or floating slightly above the ruins of the elevator car. Two new (old) combatants are about to join the fray- one made of metal and one made of electricity. The membrane to the other room remains sealed, but it’s safe to say something funky is happening in there.

Basement.jpg
Basement.jpg (17.56 KiB) Viewed 2783 times
ImageImageImageImage
Dark Lord
Dimension Master

Postby Mara » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:47 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 51 / 65% (95% when dealing with vampires or undead)
JiC: 1d20 = 19 1d100 = 81

Conditions: Eyes Three (20)-- 60 min duration, Nightvision 1200', See the Invisible, See Aura, +1 to strike, +1 to Initiative; Heart in chains (40)-- 60 min duration, 450 MD; Heart with large wings (20)-- 3 hours duration, fly at 70mph, up to 4,000 ft; +1 to strike and dodge; Enhanced Reflexes (10)--12 min duration, +1 APM, +3 to Init, +1 to Str, +2 to par and dod, +2 to PP, +15% to physical skills

Mara nods to Bashka with a touch of respect. She smiles at the guardsman that clearly says, This is gonna be fun! She activates Enhanced Reflexes (-10 isp) When the rest of the group comes crashing into this 'stomach' she yells, "Welcome to the party pals!" What in the abyss is with that armor. Invincible guardsman are bad enough, but acid spitting wounds? Not fair. Where have I heard of that before . . ., as she smiles to herself. As the others Guardsman appear, Great, Acid, Metal and Electricity, a lovely elemental fight.

Init: 1d20+7 = 17

Attack 1: Speak and activate Enhanced Reflexes.
Attack 2: Attack with Stoney Dragon. Attack: 1d20+16 = 33 CRIT; Damage: 10d6+12 = 60x2 = 120 MD x2 if Evil
Attack 3: Attack with Stoney Dragon. Attack: 1d20+16 = 27; Damage: 10d6+12 = 51 x2 if Evil
Attack 4: Attack with Stoney Dragon. Attack: 1d20+16 = 25; Damage: 10d6+12 = 46 x2 if Evil
Attack 5: Attack with Stoney Dragon. Attack: 1d20+16 = 17; Damage: 10d6+12 = 57 x2 if Evil
Attack 6: Attack with Stoney Dragon. Attack: 1d20+16 = 18; Damage: 10d6+12 = 47 x2 if Evil
Attack 7: Attack with Stoney Dragon. Attack: 1d20+16 = 17; Damage: 10d6+12 = 53 x2 if Evil
Attack 8: Attack with Stoney Dragon. Attack: 1d20+16 = 27; Damage: 10d6+12 = 51 x2 if Evil

Parry: 1d20+17 = 34 1d20+17 = 26 1d20+17 = 30 1d20+17 = 22 1d20+17 = 32 1d20+17 = 22 1d20+17 = 21 1d20+17 = 32
Dodge (if Needed): 1d20+15 = 21 1d20+15 = 33 1d20+15 = 31 1d20+15 = 33 1d20+15 = 19 1d20+15 = 35 1d20+15 = 22 1d20+15 = 28
Mara Archerean

Soundtrack:
Tomorrow We Fight
Mara
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Oradro » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:51 pm

Perception 32%: 1d100 = 97
JIC: 1d100 = 67 1d20 = 10

Save vs HF: 1d20+6 = 16

Oradro finds himself having to restrain from beating the D-Guy senseless. In the end however, sometimes he realizes, it's best not to fight when one doesn't have to. He's still loathe to just let the guy walk, so to speak, but with the sense that he was perhaps in deeper than he realized, the huge Cosmo Knight decides to just leave it be. Thus the attention turns towards more pressing matters. When the time for battle comes, and the... things come out, he can't help but think of Splurgoth Biowizardy, and yet.. Necrons? Was this instead but the doing of the Necrons? How were they connected to all this? Even as he rushes in to clash with the seemingly mutated or altered Kreeghor he can't help but wonder... Who's really behind this? The TGE or the Necrons? he can't imagine the TGE working -with- the Necrons, despite their brutish ways. "Finally, a worthy opponent!" he calls out as he charges in to clash.

Initiative:
Attacks 6 (5 after penalty)
Action 1: Parry 1d20+5 = 12 (Base 9 -4)
Action 2: Attack 1d20+2 = 14 (Base 6 -4)
Action 3: Parry 1d20+5 = 14
Action 4: Parry 1d20+5 = 19
Action 5: Attack 1d20+2 = 10

Damage:
Punch 1: 1d6*10 = 40
Punch 2: 1d6*10 = 50
Oradro's Sheet
MDC 340

Constant Conditions:
Oradro

Postby Sorrenson » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:05 am

Perception: 1d100 = 55
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 30
vs HF of 12: 1d20+2 = 3
Drone Locations:
Spy - Safe-house watching Kaboom (silent comms until pinged for location)
Combat A - Front gate of compound
Combat B - Front gate of compound
Destructo A - Main level of building
Destructo B - Main level of building

Once activated:
Magical Adrenal-Rush feature is activated wearers P.S. becomes Supernatural, +2 attacks per melee, +50% speed, Wearers S.D.C. is tripled, Wearer receives the following combat bonuses: +3 to Initiative, +1 to Strike, +1 to Dodge, +1 on all Saving throws. The wearer becomes impervious to drugs, mind control, possession, illusions, pain, and horror factor. Duration: 4 Melee Rounds per activation. Current round is round 1

OOC Comments
PPE: 131/151
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 eacho
Legs (2) - 200 each
Main Body - 400/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 55/100 - 9.75 minutes remain
Fusion Blocks 5/5

Drone M.D.C
-80 from main body of Combat Drone #A
-55 from main body of Combat Drone #B
-5 from from main body of Spy Drone
-5 from main body of Destructo Drone #A
-5 from main body of Destructo Drone #B

Gear on person:
Amulet of Understanding

M.D.C. by Location

3 e-clips

Damage 1d4x10 +3 m.d.

Splugorth Mega-Blade

Bone Fetish

Utility/Tool Belt

Sorrenson drops down the shaft and though the elevator. Heh! That's what I call an entrance! The the smoke clears and everything slows down and grind to a stop. He sees the TGE goons and they are not what he expected. They are way way worse. He stands there in horror, his mind unable to process the vast level of ugly in front of him. What the funk is that thing? ... Those things?!?
Oh, just some form of organic enhancement. The Amulet of Understanding replies in a somewhat bored tone. May I suggest that you pull your finger out and actually do something Mr Sorrenson? It's tone changes to something a lot more stern, commanding even.
Oh, right. Yes you're right! Sorrenson's head clears and he gets involved in the battle. He activates the Magic Adrenal Rush enchant on his harness of Awesome. He feels the fear slip away immediately and is replaced by a sense of growing confidence. What seemed impossible just moments ago becomes laughably simple. He draws a bead on the flying elecro ugly and opens fire with his Starfire. "Shooting the flying one." He sends over the radio, just so his team knows. Magic should hurt it right? I guess I'll find out soon enough...

In the space between seconds that the Magic Adrenal Rush has made accessible he has a conversation with the Amulet.
I say Mr. Sorrenson what is your line of work again? It doesn't seem like long ago we were duking it out in an Alley with a pair of ruffians. The Amulet asks.
My Profession? Techno-Wizard. My job? Well, as unlikely as it seems I appear to be rather adapt at killing Uglies. I happen use Uglies as a generic term for whatever it is I'm shooting at. Usually the people or things *such as these one* tend to deserve it. You know, by being demons, slavers or just bad guys in general. Sorreson replies. He notes that once again the Amulet has made him a bit more talkative. Well, at least this his inner monologue anyway.
Oh, how quaint... You're a hero then? The Amulet makes Hero sound like a dirty word.
Steady on. There's no need to go that far... Sorrenson shakes his head and replies with a mental smile.

Initiative: 1d20 = 8
Actions:
1 - lost to HF roll fail
2 - Activates the Magic Adrenal Rush (-8 p.p.e.)
3 - Strike Electro Angel Ugly with Starfire 1d20+2 = 22, damage 2d6*10 = 60 M.D. - NAT 20
4 - Strike Electro Angel Ugly with Starfire 1d20+2 = 21, damage 2d6*10 = 60 M.D.
5 - Strike Electro Angel Ugly with Starfire 1d20+2 = 14, damage 2d6*10 = 100 M.D.
6 - Strike Electro Angel Ugly with Starfire 1d20+2 = 3, damage 2d6*10 = 100 M.D. - NAT 1
7 - Strike Electro Angel Ugly with Starfire 1d20+2 = 19, damage 2d6*10 = 110 M.D.
8 - Saved for dodge / re-up AoI as needed. Dodge:1d20+9 = 11
9 - Saved for dodge / re-up AoI as needed. Dodge:1d20+9 = 26
10 - Saved for dodge / re-up AoI as needed. Dodge:1d20+9 = 29

Sorrenson will re up his AoI as needed.
If the Starfire doesn't hurt the Electro Angel Ugly, he'll switch to his NE rocket launcher.
OOC Comments
He'll fire 4x 4 round bursts. Damage is to a 3ft radius. Damage: 6d6*4 = 116 MD, Damage: 6d6*4 = 68 MD, Damage: 6d6*4 = 64 MD, Damage: 6d6*4 = 56 MD. If a team mate could be damaged by the blast radius he won't use the rockets, he'll fire on another target.

Parries if needed: 1d20+10 = 26, 1d20+10 = 25, 1d20+10 = 22, 1d20+10 = 27, 1d20+10 = 20, 1d20+10 = 15, 1d20+10 = 17, 1d20+10 = 16, 1d20+10 = 19, 1d20+10 = 30, 1d20+10 = 22
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Kaedras Starfall » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:02 pm

Perception 42% 1d100 = 20 (SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20 = 9
1d100 = 67

Save Vs. Horror Factor 12: 1d20+5 = 14 (SUCCESS)

Conditions:
  • Sixth sense (Triggered; +6 initiative, +2 Parry, +3 dodge in 1st round only, can not be surprised by a sneak attack))
  • Enhanced Reflexes. +2 P.P.; +1 APM, +3 initiative, +1 Strike, +2 Parry & Dodge, +15% to all physical skills relying on balance/coordination. 0 / 2 min. duration

Metri wrote:"Awaiting us below, a trap is. To our friends."

"Indeed." Kaedras re-quivers his nocked gas arrow, and proceeds to the rendez-vous with the others, bow in hand.

If there is a trap below, it shall require more than tranquilizer gas. Though, if there are more captives below, we risk injuring them - an act I would not wish to have upon my conscience.

After a moment, he decides, Injured and free is superior to healthy and captive.

Kaedras leaps down the elevator shaft behind the two titans - Oradro and Sorrenson in his Drudge, and uses his Cosmic Armor's flight ability to glide gently but swiftly down. As he descends, and his sixth sense triggers, he pulls an HE arrow and nocks it. As he exits the shaft to see... some kind of organism, he shudders, having felt it's presence upon his mind. A tortured mockery of life.

When the membrane opens and expels some sort of mutated Kreeghor and some sort of winged electrical creature, Kaedras wastes no time responding.

My arrows may have no effect upon the electricity being - but I can harry the Kreeghor easily enough. "Back, Fiend! The Eclipse is upon you!"

APM: 6

Initiative: 1d20+10 = 14

Action 1: Activate Enhanced Reflexes (-10 ISP)
Action 2: Fire HE arrow 1d20+7 = 24; Damage 3d6 = 6 MD
Action 3: Fire HE arrow 1d20+7 = 21; Damage 3d6 = 14 MD
Action 4: Fire HE arrow 1d20+7 = 12; Damage 3d6 = 9 MD
Action 5: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+14 = 23
Action 6: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+14 = 21
Bonus attack (Enhanced Reflexes): Fire HE arrow 1d20+7 = 9; Damage 3d6 = 15 MD

Parries (if necessary): 1) 1d20+12 = 27; 2) 1d20+12 = 14; 3) 1d20+12 = 26; 4) 1d20+12 = 28; 5) 1d20+12 = 26; 6) 1d20+12 = 18

Kaedras Butcher's Bill
-4 HE Explosive Arrows
-10 ISP
Kaedras Starfall

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Kaedras Starfall

Postby Metri » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:40 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 37 | 54%
JIC: 1d20 = 11| 1d100 = 76%
Initiative: 1d20+10 = 18
APM: 6 (9 by end of round)
Save vs HF(12): 1d20+22 = 37
Status
ISP: 220/260
Current Saving Throw Bonuses:
Coma/Death: +4%
Magic (varies): +21
Lethal Poison (14+): N/A (impervious)
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A (impervious)
Insanity (12+): +1
Psionics (10+): +21
+7 vs Possession
+2 vs Despair
+22 vs Horror Factor
+2 vs Illusions
Activated Psionics/Magic
  • Cosmic Armor. 150.25 min. 800/800 MDC. Breathe for spell's duration. Constant internal temperature, protected from cold, radiation and extreme blasts of heat. Hover and fly at a speed of 380 mph. 1/2 damage from: Magic and MD cold and heat/fire/plasma. -5% to all Physical Skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing and similar. -10% to Palming, Pick Pocket, Prowl, and other Rogue, Medical and Technical skills that require a delicate touch.
  • Enhanced Perception. 70.25 min. R25 pg 78-79: All natural senses +50%. +15% Perception. +1 strike, +2 parry/dodge. +10% to any skill that relies on basic senses.
  • Invulnerability. 13 melees. Impervious to cold, fire and all energy attacks, impervious to disease, poisons, toxins, gases and drugs. 50/50 MDC. +20 to save vs magic, psionic attacks and HF.
  • Sixth Sense. 1 melee. +6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge.

Metri's sixth sense does not give the mystic pause, but rather urges him onward into the danger. If danger is afoot, no doubt the ones already below are wading in it. And a fight to be had. Skorl adds enthusiastically.

Behind the heavies' demolition work of the elevator, Metri comes to grips with the abomination that is the lower level of the facility. The Yhabbayar's eyes narrow into cones of focus as he senses the supernatural evil behind the membranous aperture.

Immediately, he points a tridactyl finger at where the enemy disgorged. Make me a hole Skorl. Supernatural evil resides beyond. Aaaaargh!! Skorl battlecries as he flies toward his target with glee.

Metri begins invocations and mental preparations for the battle ahead, producing a polycarbonate knife as the foci for spinning blades ((Superhuman Agility, Spinning Blades, Enhanced Reflexes)) before he remembers Icky's earlier request. Seeking out the bovine in the midst of battle, he grants his compatriot a fresh suit of Cosmic Armor. Then returns to his invocations ((Fighting Spirit, Lightblade)), the last spell forging a blade of light in his off-hand.

Likely by now, the battle has fully engaged and any that might have decided to attack the diminutive mystic gingerly avoided by either a deflection from the defensive Spinning Blades or a deft sidestep from Superhuman Agility. Odds are that since he has not attacked anyone yet, the enemy is busying themselves with the Adventurers that have engaged them. "Confront the Supernatural Evil, I will. Through the anus." Metri states bluntly, conjuring an unholy image of the terrain the Galactic Adventurers currently fight, Metri launches himself using his armor's magical flight at the membrane ((similar to how Emperor Palpatine tornado spun in the movies)) Skorl has been working to open. If not open yet, the Yhabbayar will add his own efforts, plunging the Lightblade to make deep cuts.

If/When on the other side, Metri will try to assess what manner of Supernatural Evil they face.

Lore: Demon/Monsters. 75% | 1d100 = 92
Intelligence. 64% | 1d100 = 30
Actions
Metri
Action 1: Gesture at membrane for Skorl to attack. Cast Superhuman Agility (self) (15 PPE).
Action 2: Cast Spinning Blades (self) (10 PPE).
Action 3: Enhanced Reflexes (self) (10 ISP).
Action 4: Cosmic Armor (Icky) (23 PPE).
Action 5: Fighting Spirit (self) (20 PPE).
Action 6: Lightblade (self) (10 PPE).
Action 7: Announce intentions, fly to membrane.
Action 8: If membrane not open yet, attack with Lightblade. Trying to open hole large enough for Metri to pass. Strike: 1d20+16 = 19. Damage: 20d4+16 = 71 M.D.
Action 9: Attack membrane with Lightblade. Strike: 1d20+16 = 26. Damage: 20d4+16 = 62 M.D.
================
Auto-Dodges (+11 not included): 9d20:
8, 1, 6, 12, 1, 15, 2, 1, 16

Spinning Blades Parries (+6 not included): 10d20:
16, 7, 10, 13, 3, 6, 17, 15, 19, 3

Lightblade Auto-Parries (+20 not included): 3d20:
11, 13, 16

Contingencies:
If Cosmic Armor collapses, re-cast (1 action). Sacrifice Lightblade attack to cast.

Skorl
Action 1: Attack Membrane (where enemy disgorged) to make hole for Metri. Strike: 1d20+4 = 18. Damage: 1d6*10 = 20 M.D.
Action 2: Attack Membrane (where enemy disgorged) to make hole for Metri. Strike: 1d20+4 = 10. Damage: 1d6*10 = 20 M.D.
Action 3: Attack Membrane (where enemy disgorged) to make hole for Metri. Strike: 1d20+4 = 15. Damage: 1d6*10 = 20 M.D.

If/When hole is made, return to Metri's free hand.

Status updates
ISP: -10
PPE: -15-10-23-20-10
Code: Select all
[*] Superhuman Agility. 16 melees. +1 on initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to dodge, +5 to roll with impact. Automatic Dodge (+5; the act of dodging - moving out of the way of an attack - without spending one of his own melee attacks). Automatically rolls with impact from falls, when struck by a moving vehicle or when struck by explosions/concussive blasts (including sonic blasts), +20% to Climb/Rappel skill
[*] Spinning Blades. 8 melees. 2d6 M.D. per blade (8). Used for defense: magically move to parry all physical attacks, including attacks from other blades, arrows, bullets and energy blasts; +6 to parry most hand to hand attacks, but only +2 to parry energy blasts and projectiles.
[*] Enhanced Reflexes. 16.00 min. +1 attack per melee, +3 initiative, +1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge. +2 to P.P. (adding further bonuses to strike/parry/dodge if boosted to 16 or higher), and +15% to all physical skills that rely on coordination or balance.
[*] Fighting Spirit. 16 melees. +2 attacks/actions per melee round, +1 on initiative, +1 to strike with guns, +3 to strike in melee combat, +2 to disarm, +2 to parry, +2 to dodge, +4 to pull punch, +2 on roll with impact, +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear, +2 to save vs possession, Critical Strike on Natural 18-20, karate kick (1D8 SDC), jump kick, paired weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw.
[*] Lightblade. 16.00 min. Damage: 2d4*10+16 M.D. +1 strike.
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Juan Echo » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:45 am

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 45
JiC: 1d20 = 5/1d100 = 40

Gear
Armor
Armor by location:
Cosmic Armor: 160/ 160 M.D.C.
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs

Abilities
Relevant Skills
Nightvision
Save vs. Horror Factor (12) -- 1d20+8 = 27
Active Effects
Cosmic Armor (160:00) - Breathe for spell's duration. Constant internal temperature, protected from cold, radiation and extreme blasts of heat. Hover and fly at a speed of 380 mph. 1/2 damage from: Magic and MD cold and heat/fire/plasma. -5% to all Physical Skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing and similar. -10% to Palming, Pick Pocket, Prowl, and other Rogue, Medical and Technical skills that require a delicate touch.
Intuitive Combat (-10 I.S.P; 3:00) -- +3 initiative; +1 strike; +1 dodge; +4 pull punch; +2 roll with punch, fall, or impact; +2 disarm
Total I.S.P. expended: -10

Actions
Initiatve - 1d20+9 = 16
Actions
1. Energy blast; strike - 1d20+8 = 22/damage - 3d6 = 10 M.D.
2. Twin strike with Magical Clubs on nearest threat
right club, strike - 1d20+11 = 17/damage - 5d6 = 15 M.D.
left club, strike - 1d20+11 = 29/damage - 5d6 = 19 M.D.
3. Twin strike with Magical Clubs on nearest threat
right club, strike - 1d20+11 = 13/damage - 5d6 = 15 M.D.
left club, strike - 1d20+11 = 31 (CRITICAL STRIKE)/damage - 5d6 = 21 x 2 = 42 M.D.
4. Twin strike with Magical Clubs on nearest threat
right club, strike - 1d20+11 = 15/damage - 5d6 = 21 M.D.
left club, strike - 1d20+11 = 31 (CRITICAL STRIKE)/damage - 5d6 = 10 x 2 = 20 M.D.
5. Twin strike with Magical Clubs on nearest threat
right club, strike - 1d20+11 = 17/damage - 5d6 = 17 M.D.
left club, strike - 1d20+11 = 22/damage - 5d6 = 22 M.D.
6. Twin strike with Magical Clubs on nearest threat
right club, strike - 1d20+11 = 18/damage - 5d6 = 21 M.D.
left club, strike - 1d20+11 = 25/damage - 5d6 = 18 M.D.
Parry rolls
1. 1d20+11 = 24 ; 2. 1d20+11 = 14 ; 3. 1d20+11 = 29 ; 4. 1d20+11 = 21 ; 5. 1d20+11 = 13

Urqos Metri wrote:""Quickly, yess... Awaiting us below, a trap is. To our friends."

Juan Echo follows after Metri and the others back to the central room in the ground floor. He appreciates Sorrenson's approach to going down the elevator shaft and is ready to follow suit when he hears the voice of reason in his head. Brother, there is danger below, be prepared. The Wandering God takes a deep breath and gets into a warriors frame of mind before flying down. His EBA goes to battle mode, the still functioning lights turn a dark orange and the speakers start to hum in anticipation, building to a roar as he gets closer to the bottom and the wreckage caused by the Drudge's landing.

The sight of the basement is enough to make the Wandering God shudder. He has seen such horrors before (and the Horrors, no less), but he survived Cormal. It will be a tough struggle, but he is sure he can fight his way out of the building equivalent to the demon planet. He sees Oradro tangling with a metallic Kreeghor and decides to join the fray. Juan will fight any kind, but he does have a type - big, mean, and physical. NO TENTACLES He fires an energy blast at the spiked brute and then charges at him with both clubs drawn. If he is attacked, he will parry with his right club, and the left shall continue to be the smashing club.

Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Starchief » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:47 am

Perception: 1d100 = 74/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 25

Conditions
Champion:
  • 130/150 ISP
  • Inspiring Aura:
Armor of Ithan:
  • 15/70 MDC
  • 6:45/7 minutes
Starchief Costume:
  • 20/20 MDC
MDC:
  • 443/443 MDC
Millennium Wand of Power:
  • 4/5 Activations left

Seeing his enemy so deftly avoid his attacks, Starchief is reminded of...himself. I may not be able to hit her, but I can keep her occupied while Mara does! Starchief closes in and tries to overwhelm Bashka by adding another sword into the mix. "Some new tricks, Guardsman?"

Initiative: 1d20+6 = 11
APM: 8 (10-2)

Action 1: Slash at Bashka with Champion. Strike: 1d20+11 = 23 Damage: 6d6 = 23+10=33 (forgot to add HtH Damage bonus, sorry!)
Action 2: Slash at Bashka with Champion. Strike: 1d20+11 = 31 (NAT20!) Damage: 6d6 = 23x2=46+10=56
Action 3: Slash at Bashka with Champion. Strike: 1d20+11 = 20 Damage: 6d6 = 20+10=30
Action 4: Slash at Bashka with Champion. Strike: 1d20+11 = 16 Damage: 6d6 = 21+10=31
Actions 5-8: Reserved for Dodge.

Dodges: 1d20+7 = 211d20+7 = 101d20+7 = 111d20+7 = 24
Parry: 1d20+10 = 251d20+10 = 231d20+10 = 191d20+10 = 141d20+10 = 181d20+10 = 211d20+10 = 111d20+10 = 20

Contingency: If Starchief's AoI goes down, he will sacrifice an action to renew it immediately.
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

Saving Throw Bonuses:

Ledger
Starchief
Group Leader

Postby Dark Lord » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:13 am

With a spectacular entrance, the battle is joined on both sides. Even as Icky hauls himself to his feet, dazed and shaking his head, Mara and Starchief draw their blades and close in on Bashka. You think you see the guardswoman offer a fiendish grin as Starchief notes her new capabilities, and she growls a response ”You fools have no idea the powers you are facing.” She dives in, claws out, and overwhelms your defenses ((-42 MDC Starchief, -30 MDC Mara)), but the two of you do manage to keep her somewhat contained. Mara lands a pair of blows, and Starchief manages one of his own, but you both are greeted with more acid blood as a result ((-46 MDC Mara and Starchief, -46 MDC for each of the next three rounds)).

Meanwhile, the metal man (or Kreeghor as the case may be) charges Oradro as is greeted with Kaedras’ arrows and Juan’s pumping up the jam alongside the cosmo-knight. Somewhat shakily, Oradro responds to the charge in kind, but the metal giant easily blocks the Seljuk’s blows. The Kreeghor retaliates with punches that make a freight train feel like a love tap- Oradro keeps his feet (or elevation) but the blows tear deeply into his cosmic armor ((-200 MDC Oradro)) and even then he is knocked back, slightly denting the elevator shaft above Sorrenson. Speakers blaring, Juan charges at his foe and leads with an energy blast that the Kreeghor appears to dodge without a thought. Equally easily, the monstrosity parries Juan’s attacks- but the Godling has seen Bashka’s moves, and he unleashes a flurry of blows that even the Kreeghor is unable to fully parry. Even so, even with Juan’s clubs ringing the metallic body like some sort of abhorrent bell, the Godling does not seem to do much. Then the Kreeghor retaliates and Juan finds himself seeing all-white, ears ringing, for a moment as he withstands the Kreeghor’s assault on his armor (for now) ((-97 MDC Juan)). Behind him, Kaedras looses four arrows, but the Kreeghor impossibly twists and turns himself to avoid each and every one of them. As the fiend turns his attention to the elf, and metallic fists slam into his own armored protection, Kaedras reflects on the fundamental unfairness that something so big could move so fast and so agilely ((-40 MDC Kaedras)).

Once he’s recovered from his discombobulation at the sight of the horrors confronting you, that leaves the flier for Sorrenson. Feeling cocky after his triumphant victory over the elevator, Sorrenson levels his starfire cannon at the flying guardswoman and opens fire. The result is… unanticipated by the techno-wizard, to say the least. The flying electric monster lady makes no effort to defend against the first blow, and it is an excellent shot- one that does cause the flier to hiss and recoil, with an almost-offended look of surprise on her energetic face. Then she smiles, and blue-white energy the same hue as Sorrenson’s starfire arcs across her body, culminating in a retaliatory blast twice the size of his own attack. Cursing, the techno-wizard dodges his own energy, which blasts a massive hole in the elevator shaft behind him; Sorrenson decides that this necessitates switching his offense up. He pulls out his rocket launcher, and opens fire- this time prompting evasive action on the part of his target. Unfortunately, she’s about as fast and agile as her compatriots, and Sorrenson’s subsequent attacks all go wide. Equally unfortunate, even without his own energy to throw back at him the flier is still a substantial threat, firing electrical rays that tear through his magical protection. Even as he renews his armor of ithan, the flier renews her attack, tearing through the next armor of ithan and prompting a second renewal. That armor of ithan is also blasted away within seconds ((-30 PPE Sorrenson))- it’s all Sorrenson can do to keep up with the damage and continue firing.

Unnoticed amidst the chaos of the battle, Metri ducks to one side and takes stock of the situation. It’s not going well. Skorl, eager to redeem himself after his lack of smashing D-guy, flies towards the membrane in response to Metri’s telepathic command, and makes short work of the barrier even as Metri completes a series of magical enhancements to his personal defenses (and, not forgetting Icky’ earlier request, a suit of cosmic armor for the minotaur as well). Once he is ready, Metri spies the now-open doorway, makes a colorful comparison, and flies through it.

Inside, the sense of supernatural evil is even stronger, and it’s easy to see why. Though Metri has had little direct experience with the Necrols, enough evidence suggested their involvement that the Yhabbayar confirms their identity immediately. The rest of the room is less quick to reveal its purpose. Along one wall lies a squat, tabular organic structure, with at least a dozen thick, organic tendrils connecting it to the larger organism in which you find yourselves. A small, glowing pool rests atop its midsection, and as he enters Metri spots a tall, red-skinned Necrol woman with one arm submerged up to the elbow inside it. The body language and context call to mind nothing so much as a computer terminal, which in turn almost give the room the air of some sort of laboratory of horrors. Aside from a scattering of other organic growths that appear to be analogous to exam tables, beds, and/or chairs the room also contains eight noxious pools. Around three of them appear to be the remnants of some sort of egg shell or cocoon ((a successful paramedic check at -10% will reveal that they were originally humanoid-shaped)), and next to a fourth yet another freakish humanoid is extricating himself from the remnants of another such.
Skin.jpg
Skin.jpg (12.82 KiB) Viewed 2570 times

What the other four pools hold is indeterminable, aside from the thick and noxious fluid filling them, but they are large enough to hold similar cocoons. Three necrol warriors standing guard by the entrance react to Metri’s intrusion by rushing the Yhabbayar, even as Skorl returns to his side. Meanwhile, the woman withdraws her forearm from the pool/computer (pool-puter!). Some sort of symbiote is attached to her arm and she appears to be pointing it in Metri’s direction. Behind the Necrols, the humanoid’s disturbingly featureless face is marred by a grin. ”Ah, a rematch. How excellent little one. Let me share the gifts from our new friends, as thanks for sparing me the effort of tracking you down.” Much like Bashka, claws retract from the backs of this one’s hands- but these appear to be made entirely of energy. And are much, much bigger than those being flashed at Starchief and Mara.

Begin Round 3!

Round 2 Summary
All PPE, ISP, and ammo used as intended.
Starchief: -88 MDC, acid status.
Mara: -76 MDC, acid status.
Oradro: -200 MDC.
Juan: -97 MDC.
Sorrenson: Three AoIs destroyed, -30 PPE. You need to renew your AoI again.

Current Status
Basement.jpg
Basement.jpg (17.99 KiB) Viewed 2570 times

Everyone of a good alignment with line of sight on Starchief, remember to include Champion's bonus.
Icky is recovering, but good to go with his new cosmic armor.
Metri is confronting four Necrols and a new guardsman inside the lab.
Starchief and Mara are dueling Bashka on one side of the elevator shaft.
Oradro, Juan, and Kaedras are confronting the metallic Kreeghor on the other side of the elevator shaft. Behind them, Sorrenson is trading fire with the airborne electric lady.
ImageImageImageImage
Dark Lord
Dimension Master

Postby Metri » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:26 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 7 | 54%
JIC: 1d20 = 19| 1d100 = 88%
Initiative: 1d20+9 = 26
APM: 9
Status
ISP: 210/260
MTB1_PPE: 151/180
MTB2_PPE: 147/180
MTB3_PPE: 145/180
+7 vs Possession
+2 vs Despair
+22 vs Horror Factor
+2 vs Illusions
Activated Psionics/Magic
  • Cosmic Armor. 150.00 min. 800/800 MDC. Breathe for spell's duration. Constant internal temperature, protected from cold, radiation and extreme blasts of heat. Hover and fly at a speed of 380 mph. 1/2 damage from: Magic and MD cold and heat/fire/plasma. -5% to all Physical Skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing and similar. -10% to Palming, Pick Pocket, Prowl, and other Rogue, Medical and Technical skills that require a delicate touch.
  • Enhanced Perception. 70.00 min. R25 pg 78-79: All natural senses +50%. +15% Perception. +1 strike, +2 parry/dodge. +10% to any skill that relies on basic senses.
  • Invulnerability. 12 melees. Impervious to cold, fire and all energy attacks, impervious to disease, poisons, toxins, gases and drugs. 50/50 MDC. +20 to save vs magic, psionic attacks and HF.
  • Superhuman Agility. 15 melees. +1 on initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to dodge, +5 to roll with impact. Automatic Dodge (+5; the act of dodging - moving out of the way of an attack - without spending one of his own melee attacks). Automatically rolls with impact from falls, when struck by a moving vehicle or when struck by explosions/concussive blasts (including sonic blasts), +20% to Climb/Rappel skill
  • Spinning Blades. 15 melees. 2d6 M.D. per blade (8). Used for defense: magically move to parry all physical attacks, including attacks from other blades, arrows, bullets and energy blasts; +6 to parry most hand to hand attacks, but only +2 to parry energy blasts and projectiles.
  • Enhanced Reflexes. 15.75 min. +1 attack per melee, +3 initiative, +1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge. +2 to P.P. (adding further bonuses to strike/parry/dodge if boosted to 16 or higher), and +15% to all physical skills that rely on coordination or balance.
  • Fighting Spirit. 15 melees. +2 attacks/actions per melee round, +1 on initiative, +1 to strike with guns, +3 to strike in melee combat, +2 to disarm, +2 to parry, +2 to dodge, +4 to pull punch, +2 on roll with impact, +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear, +2 to save vs possession, Critical Strike on Natural 18-20, karate kick (1D8 SDC), jump kick, paired weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw.
  • Lightblade. 15.75 min. Damage: 2d4*10+16 M.D. +1 strike.

"An abomination, this twisted perversion of life is." Metri states plainly in response. He knows that combat is inevitably upon him. The Yhabbayar tries to use the enclosed space to his advantage. Especially given his opponent's previously demonstrated extreme agility, Metri focuses his efforts on using area of effect magic. He immediately invokes a Shockwave, initially with a limited radius, primarily to push any of the opponents that have engaged him in melee back into the room and away from his companions. Then, Metri will fly toward the center of the room in order to maximize his area of effect damage to both his enemies (who hopefully choose to continue engaging him) and simultaneously the necro-machinery all around them.

From the room center, Metri invokes shockwave after shockwave. His hope is that the reverberations will keep his opponents off-balance, that his current defenses should hold, and that he can potentially damage some critical component to the blood-computer ((which I am assuming is where the "stronger" supernatural evil is coming from)). In alignment with this desire, Metri will gradually expand the radius his shockwave invocation travels. Likely spilling over back into the main room a bit by the end of the round.

When do I get to get in on this action? Skorl asks impatiently. Not yet. The one who taunted me has lightning fast reflexes and more weaponry and tools at her disposal. I do not intend to entertain her desire for a 'duel'. This will suffice to achieve our goals for now.
Actions
Metri
Action 1: Cast Shockwave (23 PPE) Damage: 16d4 = 35 M.D. plus possible knockdown effects with a 5 foot radius <== Hopefully sending any enemies trying to engage in melee with Metri flying toward the back of the room (don't want them 'escaping' into the main area)
Action 2: Fly toward center of room. Dodge: 1d20+22 = 42
Action 3: Cast Shockwave (23 PPE) Damage: 16d4 = 47 M.D. plus possible knockdown effects with a 10 foot radius (yes, I know it is potentially greater than the room size. Want to make sure everything in the room, enemy and equipment take damage)
Action 4: Cast Shockwave (23 PPE) Damage: 16d4 = 36 M.D. plus possible knockdown effects with a 10 foot radius
Action 5: Cast Shockwave (23 PPE) Damage: 16d4 = 38 M.D. plus possible knockdown effects with a 10 foot radius
Action 6: Cast Shockwave (23 PPE) Damage: 16d4 = 42 M.D. plus possible knockdown effects with a 15 foot radius
Action 7: Cast Shockwave (23 PPE) Damage: 16d4 = 38 M.D. plus possible knockdown effects with a 15 foot radius
Action 8: Cast Shockwave (23 PPE) Damage: 16d4 = 37 M.D. plus possible knockdown effects with a 15 foot radius
Action 9: Reserved for Contingencies/Dodge: 1d20+22 = 25
================
15, 12, 19, 15, 13, 8, 20, 16, 8

Spinning Blades Parries (+6/+2 [melee/ranged] not included): 18d20:
12, 19, 16, 9, 14, 12, 15, 16, 16, 10, 14, 18, 8, 11, 4, 7, 16, 19

Lightblade Auto-Parries (+20 not included): 9d20:
5, 2, 2, 16, 8, 15, 20, 20, 3

Contingencies:
If all enemies in the room are destroyed, but glowing pool is not destroyed, switch to Skorl/Lightblade combo to destroy necro-machines.
If Cosmic Armor collapses, re-cast (1 action). Sacrifice a Shockwave to re-cast if contingency action used up.

Status updates
ISP:
PPE: - (23*7) = 161 PPE
[*]Shockwave. Range: Radius around caster. Area of Effect (AoE): up to 80 ft radius. Duration: Instant. Damage: 16D4 M.D. to everything in AoE. plus knockdown effects. (BoM pg. 123-124)
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Kaedras Starfall » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:25 am

Perception 42% 1d100 = 12 (SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20 = 9
1d100 = 45

Conditions:
  • Sixth sense (Triggered)
  • Psionic Force Field 30/70 M.D.C.
  • Enhanced Reflexes. +2 P.P.; +1 APM, +3 initiative, +1 Strike, +2 Parry & Dodge, +15% to all physical skills relying on balance/coordination. 0 / 2 min. duration
  • Champion's Bonus (to all who can see Starchief): +3 Strike, parry, & dodge

As Kaedras sees Starchief fighting with a swrod, an odd sense of strength comes over him, and he fights with renewed vigor. This Kreeghor is dodging my every shot... I must vary my strategy. When the Kreeghor slams it's fists into his psionic forcefield, Kaedras himself could almost feel the impact. He looks the Kreeghor in the eye. "That almost hurt, fiend." Distract him with an arrow and then pull out a trick arrow - hopefully throwing him off guard. Then lay into him with a variety of effects.

Initiative: 1d20+7 = 19

Action 1: Fire Medium Explosive Arrow 1d20+9 = 27; Damage 1d6 = 6 M.D.
Action 2: Fire Paralysis: Lesser Arrow 1d20+9 = 29 (Nat. 20!); Save vs. 12 or Paralyzed limb + crit. effect (whatever that may be)
Action 3: Fire ME Arrow 1d20+9 = 16; Damage 1d6 = 1 M.D.
Action 4: Fire HE Arrow 1d20+9 = 27; Damage 3d6 = 10 M.D.
Action 5: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+13 = 30
Action 6: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+13 = 26
Bonus attack (Enhanced Reflexes): Fire Energy Bolt Arrow 1d20+9 = 29 (Nat. 20!); Damage 4d6 = 11 M.D. X2 = 22 M.D.

Parries (if necessary): 1) 1d20+12 = 14; 2) 1d20+12 = 19; 3) 1d20+12 = 17; 4) 1d20+12 = 24; 5) 1d20+12 = 22; 6) 1d20+12 = 14

Kaedras Butcher's Bill
-2 ME Arrows
-5 HE Explosive Arrows
-1 Paralysis: Lesser Arrow
-1 Energy Bolt Arrow
-10 ISP
Kaedras Starfall

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Kaedras Starfall

Postby Juan Echo » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:12 pm

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 22
JiC: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 48

Gear
Armor
Armor by location:
Cosmic Armor (150:00): 800/800 M.D.C.
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs

Abilities
Relevant Skills
Nightvision
Save vs. Horror Factor (12) -- 1d20+8 = 22
Active Effects
Cosmic Armor (150:00): Breathe for spell's duration. Constant internal temperature, protected from cold, radiation and extreme blasts of heat. Hover and fly at a speed of 380 mph. 1/2 damage from: Magic and MD cold and heat/fire/plasma. -5% to all Physical Skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing and similar. -10% to Palming, Pick Pocket, Prowl, and other Rogue, Medical and Technical skills that require a delicate touch.
Intuitive Combat (-10 I.S.P; 12:00) -- +3 initiative; +1 strike; +1 parry; +4 dodge; +4 pull punch; +2 roll with punch, fall, or impact; +2 disarm

Actions
Initiatve - 1d20+9 = 20
Actions
1. Switch weapons from magic clubs to grenade launcher, and fly a bit away from the metallic Kreeghor
2. Fire short burst from NE-74GL Grenade Launcher at area (within 6 feet) near the metallic Kreeghor, strike - 1d20+8 = 17/damage - 4d6 = 19 M.D.
3. Fire short burst from NE-74GL Grenade Launcher at area (within 6 feet) near the metallic Kreeghor, strike - 1d20+8 = 13/damage - 4d6 = 12 M.D.
4. Fire short burst from NE-74GL Grenade Launcher at area (within 6 feet) near the metallic Kreeghor, strike - 1d20+8 = 22/damage - 4d6 = 16 M.D.
5. Fire short burst from NE-74GL Grenade Launcher at area (within 6 feet) near the metallic Kreeghor, strike - 1d20+8 = 16/damage - 4d6 = 15 M.D.
6. Fire short burst from NE-74GL Grenade Launcher at area (within 6 feet) near the metallic Kreeghor, strike - 1d20+8 = 17/damage - 4d6 = 20 M.D.
Contingencies
1. Dodge any significant attack - 1d20+9 = 19
2. Dodge any significant attack - 1d20+9 = 29
3. Dodge any significant attack - 1d20+9 = 12
4. Redirect short grenade burst to flying guardsman
5. Redirect short grenade burst to flying guardsman
6. Redirect short grenade burst to flying guardsman
Auto-Dodge Rolls
1. 1d20+2 = 18; 2. 1d20+2 = 11; 3. 1d20+2 = 18; 4. 1d20+2 = 3 (fucking Tyche); 5. 1d20+2 = 11; 6. 1d20+2 = 7

Dark Lord wrote:Then the Kreeghor retaliates and Juan finds himself seeing all-white, ears ringing, for a moment as he withstands the Kreeghor’s assault on his armor (for now).

The Wandering God has a hard time avoiding the worst blows thrown his way. Yeah brother, it's almost like you fucked and ran on a Goddess of Luck.* Juan Echo's divine (brute) strength is not enough to take down Invincible Guardsman. Whatever has done to the bio-freaks has made the guardsman even more powerful. It is time for a different approach. He floats back with the punch and switches his weapons. As he takes aim with his NE-74GLhe shouts to Icky and Oradro, "Stand back! I'm going to reduce its ability to dodge."

Juan fires a series of short bursts of high yield explosives at the metalic monster, aiming for the area around it. This will hopefully make it harder to dodge the blast. He will aim (if possible) away from his teammates so they do not get caught in friendly fire. He will also pay attention to how much damage the grenades do to the Kreeghor. If it does not look worthwhile, he will provide backup fire to Kaedras on the other guardsman. Again, he will watch to see the guardsman is able to resist any damage from the grenades.

Every hit that Juan has absorbed on Seeron has been twice as powerful as could be expected. It is almost as if some supernatural force is rolling dice against him. Well you did insult Tyche's sister on your way out, whatsherface. You made a serious enemy out of that one. Juan has the ability to automatically dodge an attack, but it only goes so far. If he sees one of the three enemies in the chamber make a serious attack at him, he will make a concentrated effort to avoid the attack.

* Almost.

Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Oradro » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:10 pm

Perception 32%: 1d100 = 74
JIC: 1d100 = 69 1d20 = 15
Cosmic Armour: 300/500 (Regenerates 1d4X10 in 3 melees)

Oradro had taken a hell of a hit, and he knew it. This was an opponent he clearly couldn't just mess around with. Fortunately, he wasn't alone. Fortunately, he had allies. Oradro launched himself back at his chosen nemesis for this battle. He wasn't sure what he was really up against here, but he could tell it was serious. The heavy damage inflicted in mere seconds by his adversary proved that much. "I'm not done with you yet." he massive Cosmo Knight states as he launches back at his foe, trying to keep him focused on Oradro and not the others. Oradro was fairly certain he could handle a beating better than they could, and maybe he was wrong, but still. He felt a need to protect them by being the focus of attention for at least one of these monsters. Forge guide me in this time of need...

Initiative:
Action 1: 1d20+2 = 17
Action 2: 1d20+2 = 20
Action 3: 1d20+2 = 6
Action 4: 1d20+2 = 21
Action 5: 1d20+2 = 4

Auto-Parry: 1d20+5 = 151d20+5 = 251d20+5 = 121d20+5 = 211d20+5 = 6

Damage:
Claw 1: 1d6*10 = 20 + 2d6 = 7
Claw 2: 1d6*10 = 10 + 2d6 = 10
Claw 3: 1d6*10 = 20 + 2d6 = 7
Claw 4: 1d6*10 = 60 + 2d6 = 8
Claw 5: 1d6*10 = 20 + 2d6 = 9
Oradro's Sheet
MDC 340

Constant Conditions:
Oradro

Postby Sorrenson » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:51 am

Perception: 1d100 = 11
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 64

Drone Locations:
Combat B - Front gate of compound, moving towards basement
Destructo A - Main level of building, moving towards basement
Destructo B - Main level of building, moving towards basement

Once activated:
Magical Adrenal-Rush feature is activated wearers P.S. becomes Supernatural, +2 attacks per melee, +50% speed, Wearers S.D.C. is tripled, Wearer receives the following combat bonuses: +3 to Initiative, +1 to Strike, +1 to Dodge, +1 on all Saving throws. The wearer becomes impervious to drugs, mind control, possession, illusions, pain, and horror factor. Duration: 4 Melee Rounds per activation. Current round is round 2

OOC Comments
PPE: 101/151
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 eacho
Legs (2) - 200 each
Main Body - 400/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 55/100 - 9.75 minutes remain
Starfire Cannon ammo 31/32
NE-800 ammo - 1 more clip of smart missiles available, 0/16 dumb missiles
Fusion Blocks 5/5

Drone M.D.C

Gear on person:
Amulet of Understanding

M.D.C. by Location

3 e-clips

Damage 1d4x10 +3 m.d.

Splugorth Mega-Blade

Bone Fetish

Utility/Tool Belt

Sorrenson puffs out his cheeks and raises an eyebrow. Here we go again... He thinks to himself as he renews his beloved Armor of Ithan enchant. He changes out the clip on the NE rocket launcher and selects single fire mode. "Flier reflects energy. Hit her with kinetics." He lets the groups know what he is dealing with. In case, you know, they want to get involved. He then takes aim, as much as he can, and fires smart missle after smart missle at the flier.

In the space between seconds that the Magic Adrenal Rush has made accessible he has a conversation with the Amulet.
I dear say Mr Sorrenson, that this feels rather familiar. If I recall correctly, didn't this happen in your last fight? You barely keeping pace with incoming damage? You should look into increasing your defensive capacities. Otherwise you'll never get out of this continual, highly inefficient and unnecessarily stressful recasting of your meager Ithan spell. The amulet comments.
Sorrenson nods as the amulet is not wrong. Stressful? You find this stressful? He asks, mildly surprised.
The amulet frowns. Yes, I do. I know you do too when your not under the effects of Magic Adrenal Rush. In fact, last time you had a mildly serious case of the 'oh noes... this is bad!'s. I had to come to your rescue in the form of my drones. Speaking of which, I have summoned both destructo drones and one of the combat drones. They should be here 'soon'. Don't mention it. You're welcome.
Sorrenson nods again while taking aim at the flier. Thanks! I keep forgetting about those.

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 21
Actions:
1 - re-up AoI (-10 p.p.e.)
2 - Change clip on NE-800 launcher (smart missles)
3 - Strike Electro Angel Ugly with single smart missile 1d20+5 = 23, damage 6d6 = 19 M.D.
4 - Strike Electro Angel Ugly with single smart missile 1d20+5 = 6, damage 6d6 = 18 M.D.
5 - Strike Electro Angel Ugly with single smart missile 1d20+5 = 9, damage 6d6 = 20 M.D.
6 - Strike Electro Angel Ugly with single smart missile 1d20+5 = 11, damage 6d6 = 20 M.D.
7 - Strike Electro Angel Ugly with single smart missile 1d20+5 = 23, damage 6d6 = 20 M.D.
8 - Strike Electro Angel Ugly with single smart missile 1d20+5 = 13, damage 6d6 = 20 M.D.
9 - Saved for dodge / re-up AoI as needed. Dodge:1d20+9 = 16
10 - Saved for dodge / re-up AoI as needed. Dodge:1d20+9 = 19

smart missles
E Micro-Missile (smart)
• Range: 2 mile
• Damage: 6d6 M.D. to a 3' radius.
• Weight: 22lbs.
• Quantity: 50
• Modifers: +4 Strike. On a miss, missile can try again up to 2 times per round. Requires a called shot to be hit and has +4 to dodge.

Extra strike rolls if needed: 1d20+5 = 18, 1d20+5 = 25, 1d20+5 = 17, 1d20+5 = 12, 1d20+5 = 11, 1d20+5 = 23, 1d20+5 = 14, 1d20+5 = 14, 1d20+5 = 12, 1d20+5 = 6, 1d20+5 = 25, 1d20+5 = 12, 1d20+5 = 9, 1d20+5 = 22, 1d20+5 = 19, 1d20+5 = 12

Parries if needed: 1d20+10 = 20, 1d20+10 = 19, 1d20+10 = 23, 1d20+10 = 17, 1d20+10 = 19, 1d20+10 = 28, 1d20+10 = 30, 1d20+10 = 11, 1d20+10 = 15, 1d20+10 = 27, 1d20+10 = 13
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Mara » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:57 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 3 / 65% (95% when dealing with vampires or undead)
JiC: 1d20 = 12 1d100 = 89

Conditions: Eyes Three (20)-- 60 min duration, Nightvision 1200', See the Invisible, See Aura, +1 to strike, +1 to Initiative; Heart in chains (40)-- 60 min duration, 450 MD; Heart with large wings (20)-- 3 hours duration, fly at 70mph, up to 4,000 ft; +1 to strike and dodge; Enhanced Reflexes (10)--12 min duration, +1 APM, +3 to Init, +1 to Str, +2 to par and dod, +2 to PP, +15% to physical skills

Mara is getting a touch annoyed with this acid bleeding monster she is facing. "What kind of Abyss Spawned creature are you?" She shakes her head this time and refocuses on her swordplay. They always have a weakness, just keeping on cutting this beast down. Mara tries to let her reflexes take over, Strike parry, parry counter-strike . . . Breath . . .

Init: 1d20+7 = 14

Attack 1: Attack with Stoney Dragon. Attack: 1d20+16 = 34 Crit!; Damage: 10d6+12 = 44 x2= 88 x2 if Evil
Attack 2: Attack with Stoney Dragon. Attack: 1d20+16 = 34 Crit!; Damage: 10d6+12 = 48 x2= 96 x2 if Evil
Attack 3: Attack with Stoney Dragon. Attack: 1d20+16 = 33 Crit!; Damage: 10d6+12 = 48 x2= 96 x2 if Evil
Attack 4: Attack with Stoney Dragon. Attack: 1d20+16 = 22; Damage: 10d6+12 = 53 x2 if Evil
Attack 5: Attack with Stoney Dragon. Attack: 1d20+16 = 30; Damage: 10d6+12 = 46 x2 if Evil
Attack 6: Attack with Stoney Dragon. Attack: 1d20+16 = 30; Damage: 10d6+12 = 43 x2 if Evil
Attack 7: Attack with Stoney Dragon. Attack: 1d20+16 = 28; Damage: 10d6+12 = 45 x2 if Evil
Attack 8: Attack with Stoney Dragon. Attack: 1d20+16 = 32 Crit!; Damage: 10d6+12 = 54 x2= 108 x2 if Evil

Parry: 1d20+17 = 20 1d20+17 = 23 1d20+17 = 32 1d20+17 = 19 1d20+17 = 31 1d20+17 = 29 1d20+17 = 30 1d20+17 = 30
Dodge (if Needed): 1d20+15 = 25 1d20+15 = 29 1d20+15 = 33 1d20+15 = 16 1d20+15 = 25 1d20+15 = 31 1d20+15 = 30 1d20+15 = 31

Contingency:
If Heart in Chains tattoo drops she will spend an action to reactivate.
Mara Archerean

Soundtrack:
Tomorrow We Fight
Mara
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Starchief » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:42 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 58/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 20

Conditions
Champion:
  • 130/150 ISP
  • Inspiring Aura:
Armor of Ithan:
  • 70/70 MDC
Starchief Costume:
  • 0/20 MDC
MDC:
  • 443/443 MDC
Millennium Wand of Power:
  • 3/5 Activations left

As Starchief's Armor of Ithan pops and he is covered with an acrid ichor from Bashka's insides, he thinks What is this?! Acid blood? Goddamnit, what is she made of? Bringing forth another Armor of Ithan, Starchief refocuses and quips, ”Is that all you've got, witch? Acid blood?” Starchief continues to weave in and out of contact with Bashka as Mara does the same, hoping to whittle her down between the both of them.

Initiative: 1d20+6 = 11

Action 1: Activate Armor of Ithan.
Action 2: Slash at Bashka with Champion. Strike: 1d20+11 = 31 (CRIT) Damage: 6d6+10 = 32x2=64
Action 3: Slash at Bashka with Champion. Strike: 1d20+11 = 30 (CRIT) Damage: 6d6+10 = 28x2=58
Action 4: Slash at Bashka with Champion. Strike: 1d20+11 = 21 Damage: 6d6+10 = 26
Action 5: Slash at Bashka with Champion. Strike: 1d20+11 = 13 Damage: 6d6+10 = 20
Action 6: Slash at Bashka with Champion. Strike: 1d20+11 = 31 (CRIT) Damage: 6d6+10 = 25x2=50
Action 7-8: Reserved for Dodge.

Dodges: 1d20+7 = 111d20+7 = 23
Parry: 1d20+10 = 261d20+10 = 161d20+10 = 131d20+10 = 141d20+10 = 271d20+10 = 241d20+10 = 131d20+10 = 25

OOC Comments
I took the first acid blood off of the first Armor of Ithan. The second one off of Starchief's Costume. Let me know if I need to take some off of his personal MDC as well.
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

Saving Throw Bonuses:

Ledger
Starchief
Group Leader

Postby Dark Lord » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:36 am

A note on acid blood
Acid blood hits whichever layer or protection is active at that time; once that protection is destroyed the acid effect goes away too. The same gout of acid doesn’t eat through more than one layer of armor, but multiple gouts do accumulate on your outermost layer. You will also find that it does negligible damage to organic tissue- only inorganic and energy barriers.

As the horrific nature of the underground lab hits home for Metri, he realizes that he needs to keep his opponents off-balance. The ninja apparently comes to the same conclusion, charging towards the Yhabbayar even as two large, scythe-like blades appear along the backs of his arms. What follows is an intricate, high-speed duel so graceful it borders on a dance form. Metri crouches behind his spinning blades, lightblade in a defensive guard position, and sends shockwave after shockwave into the floor to try and keep the Necrols contained. The bladed fellow, meanwhile, activates some sort of camouflage in his skin that lets him blend into the background, and keeps trying to sneak attacks with its energy blades past Metri’s guard. Worse yet, every time he does so he remains in contact with Metri, just long enough to guard against the shockwave. While the combination of Metri’s automatic defense system and his deft swordsmanship largely serve to keep the augmented guardsman at bay, several times the energy blades sneak through his guard and tear rents into his magical armor ((-209 MDC Metri)).

Metri’s counterattacks fill the enclosed space. Aside from the Guardsman, the remaining Necrols scatter (including the witch), taking cover behind whatever protuberances are handy. Metri manages to catch them in a couple of shockwaves, but by then the Necrols have all taken cover and are returning fire. However the repeated shockwaves take a devastating toll, tearing the flesh-like interior in a small radius around Metri even as he maneuvers with his opponent. With most of his attention occupied by the opponent before him, Metri has a hard time avoiding the Necrol’s ranged attacks too- the three warriors draw some sort of pistol that spits acid at the Yhabbayar, and begins eating into his cosmic armor ((Metri, -158 MDC now, -40 MDC next round)). The female Necrol, meanwhile, begins casting a spell and succeeds in walling off about half of the room in a force field. Shortly afterwards, she casts a second and a portal appears against one wall. She plugs something on her arm back into the terminal, and appears for all the world to be unconcerned about how things are going. Meanwhile, behind Metri one of the pool-like structures contracts with a gasping, squishing sound, and expels a humanoid-shaped cocoon. It is jet black, and something is already trying to break out of it. It is unclear how functional the rest of the equipment in the lab still is- some part of the 'bench' along the wall is outside or otherwise blocked from the majority of the shockwaves, and there are few outward indications that are helpful to you. However, the furniture behind with the Necrol warriors are covering is gradually wearing away in the face of repeated explosions- even your opponent with the scythes is showing signs of wear, with his strange armor eroded from around his hands.

Outside, the battle is in full force. Sorrenson radios his discovery to the rest of the team, then engages his missile launcher in an attempt to use explosives to compensate for his opponent’s agility. The flier retaliates, cackling like a maniac as she attempts to dodge the missiles Sorrenson sends her way. Having worked with lightning and electricity most of his adult life, Sorrenson can say with confidence that this hellion is moving even faster as she deftly sneaks a lightning bolt into his armor before he can renew his armor of ithan ((-68 MDC to the Drudge main body)). Sorrenson grits his teeth, concentrates, and unloads every smart missile he has on hand. Initially, the techno-wizard feels a crushing sense of disappointment as they all go wide, but even in the cramped quarters the micro missiles are able to reacquire the flying guardswoman and reorient on her. She is caught slightly off-guard by the maneuver, and try though she might she can’t avoid the hail of weapons fire forever. With a shriek, she sends lightning back at Sorrenson and again the techno-wizard is forced to expend his reserves on maintaining the shield’s integrity ((-30 PPE Sorrenson, -68 MDC from current AoI)).

And then we have the main event, with three of the Adventurers battling a giant, metallic Kreeghor. The rampaging behemoth roars and charges at Oradro and Juan, with Kaedras hanging back to provide fire support. The Kreeghor lashes out at all before him, and both of the heavy hitters present find themselves hard pressed to stop the onslaught. Or even remain standing against it ((-108 MDC Juan, -102 Oradro, -49 MDC Kaedras)). Then Kaedras, who has been firing arrows as quickly as he can at the beast, spots an opening. The elf knocks a paralysis arrow, and lets fly- striking the Kreeghor directly on the left bicep. With a roar of frustration the limb goes dead, and although he is still a fearsome combatant the paralyzed arm appears to be hindering his offense greatly. Juan backs up a pace and opens fire a few times with his grenade launcher- managing to angle the shots just so and avoid any friendly fire incidents. Afterwards Oradro charges in, and while the Kreeghor mostly keeps him at bay the cosmo-knight does land one solid blow on the metallic surface. With the exception of Oradro’s last attack, however, you don’t seem to be doing actual damage to his armored body.

That leaves Bashka on the other side of the elevator, dueling Mara and a (slightly less perfect-looking) Starchief. Deciding that Mara represents the greater threat (Starchief isn’t sure if he should be insulted), the guardswoman ignores the quip and goes on an all-out offensive against Mara. Bashka’s claws tear into the magical aura summoned by her tattoo ((-35 MDC Mara)), and when the Undead Slayer ripostes, her blade bites deep. Whether ill-luck, or the result of the Necrons’ enhancement wearing off, Mara again and again manages to hew past Bashka’s defenses. The onslaught, however, is met by an equally furious tide of acid blood, spurting forth from many wounds and generally making both your lives difficult ((-89 MDC Mara, -89 MDC per each of the next three rounds)). Starchief, on the other hand, doesn’t get a single strike with Champion past her guard. It’s particularly galling to almost recognize some of her moves, but at least you don’t have any acid blood to worry about. Just her counter-attacks, you reflect ruefully as two more such get through your own defenses ((-36 MDC Starchief)).

Begin Round 4!

Round 3 Summary
Juan, -3 grenades. All other ammo used as intended.
Metri: -367 MDC, acid status, PPE used as intended
Sorrenson: -68 MDC Drudge main body, -30 PPE, -68 MDC from AoI
Juan: -108 MDC
Oradro: -102 MDC
Kaedras: -49 MDC
Mara: -124 MDC, acid status
Starchief: -36 MDC

Current Status
Essentially unchanged since last round. One of the Kreeghor’s arms is paralyzed, Bashka has been badly wounded, and a new cocoon has emerged in the lab of horrors. The female Necrol appears to be planning her escape.
ImageImageImageImage
Dark Lord
Dimension Master

Postby Metri » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:20 am

Perception: 1d100 = 50 | 54%
JIC: 1d20 = 7| 1d100 = 19%
Initiative: 1d20+9 = 12
APM: 9
Status
ISP: 210/260
MTB1_PPE: 82/180
MTB2_PPE: 101/180
MTB3_PPE: 99/180
+7 vs Possession
+2 vs Despair
+22 vs Horror Factor
+2 vs Illusions
Activated Psionics/Magic
  • Cosmic Armor. 149.75 min. 433/800 MDC. Breathe for spell's duration. Constant internal temperature, protected from cold, radiation and extreme blasts of heat. Hover and fly at a speed of 380 mph. 1/2 damage from: Magic and MD cold and heat/fire/plasma. -5% to all Physical Skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing and similar. -10% to Palming, Pick Pocket, Prowl, and other Rogue, Medical and Technical skills that require a delicate touch.
  • Enhanced Perception. 69.75 min. R25 pg 78-79: All natural senses +50%. +15% Perception. +1 strike, +2 parry/dodge. +10% to any skill that relies on basic senses.
  • Invulnerability. 11 melees. Impervious to cold, fire and all energy attacks, impervious to disease, poisons, toxins, gases and drugs. 50/50 MDC. +20 to save vs magic, psionic attacks and HF.
  • Superhuman Agility. 14 melees. +1 on initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to dodge, +5 to roll with impact. Automatic Dodge (+5; the act of dodging - moving out of the way of an attack - without spending one of his own melee attacks). Automatically rolls with impact from falls, when struck by a moving vehicle or when struck by explosions/concussive blasts (including sonic blasts), +20% to Climb/Rappel skill
  • Spinning Blades. 14 melees. 2d6 M.D. per blade (8). Used for defense: magically move to parry all physical attacks, including attacks from other blades, arrows, bullets and energy blasts; +6 to parry most hand to hand attacks, but only +2 to parry energy blasts and projectiles.
  • Enhanced Reflexes. 15.50 min. +1 attack per melee, +3 initiative, +1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge. +2 to P.P. (adding further bonuses to strike/parry/dodge if boosted to 16 or higher), and +15% to all physical skills that rely on coordination or balance.
  • Fighting Spirit. 14 melees. +2 attacks/actions per melee round, +1 on initiative, +1 to strike with guns, +3 to strike in melee combat, +2 to disarm, +2 to parry, +2 to dodge, +4 to pull punch, +2 on roll with impact, +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear, +2 to save vs possession, Critical Strike on Natural 18-20, karate kick (1D8 SDC), jump kick, paired weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw.
  • Lightblade. 15.50 min. Damage: 1d4*20+16 M.D. +1 strike.

Try not to get teleported away again. Bop the witch first if you can. Metri thinks to Skorl as he releases the rune weapon, granting him the freedom of unfettered combat once more. Aaah-wooo... Hammer-time! Skorl howls with glee as he spends the round trying to pummel the witch or whatever gets in the way of him pummeling the witch... or if the witch is sufficiently pummeled, something else nearby to pummel.

Mild agitation with a healthy dose of respect is written on the Yhabbayar's face as his agile foe has managed to bypass the worst of what his combat magic wrought last round. His stresses are compounded when the necrol witch seems to activate still working necro-machinery, indicating the hardened nature of his surroundings.

Deciding on a different tact, Metri extends his (now Skorl-free) tridactyl hand and wills an electro-magnetic pulse to originate near the necrol witch in an effort to try to disrupt the machinery.

Still mostly relying on his passive defenses, Metri then returns his attention to the fight in his immediate vicinity. In a moment of uncharacteristic trickery, the Yhabbayar begins the gestures and verbal invocations indicative of another shockwave, but instead channels his magical energy into a mental blast. The move anticipates the ninja's anticipation of the shockwave and when the visible energy blades (along with exposed hands) come in for an attack, the Yhabbayar's free hand will instead shoot out unexpectedly to touch one of the exposed hands and channel the blast through.

Hoping the surprise attack will force the ninja into a moment of hesitation, Metri will continue his offensive. Now focusing his magical energies on a much more challenging (and time-consuming) invocation: to materialize and send a meteor flying toward the rear of their enclosed space. With an impact point beyond the cover of the necrols and a large area of effect, the impending explosion should catch everyone (including himself and anyone grappling with him), even spilling out into the main chamber where the rest of the team is fighting.

Knowing that his own spell likely put a large dent into his own magical protection, Metri will then renew his cosmic armor before turning his attention to the excreted coccoon behind him. If still bulging with a creature seeking to emerge, Metri will try to add another layer of difficulty by firing a magic net at it. Otherwise, if the creature/monster is already out, the Yhabbayar will attempt to find some cover to give him some precious moments to assess the nature of the new enemy. To help with that (and spotting the ninja if it is still alive), Metri will activate his psychic ability to see auras. And decide which enemy, the ninja (higher priority) or new coccoon monster, to give the evil eye (Bio-manipulation: paralysis).

"Not your day to prevail, this is. Hmm." Metri states with a moment's breath at whoever his current enemy is.

Actions
Metri
Action 1: Cast Electromagnetic Attack (EMP <see Status update>) (15 PPE) centered near rear of room where witch is (assuming this is possible even with magical FF possibly still up because LOS and EMP pulse center is willed into existence at the desired location, not projected from Metri's position). <== 15 ft radius of effect should catch everything in Metri's room (and likely fry his own comms)
Action 2: Pretend Cast Shockwave, but actually cast Mental Blast (8 PPE) targeting ninja's visible/exposed hands at base of visible energy scythe-blades by touch. Strike (if necessary): 1d20+13 = 28. Damage: 1d6*20 = 60 (MD or directly to HP) Penalty Duration: 1d4+8 = 10 melees. <== Making assumption she will establish close contact to prevent damage to herself from Shockwave.
Action 3-4: Meteor (38 PPE) targeting rear of room where witch is, may hit her magical FF before getting there if it is still up. Strike: 1d20+4 = 13. Damage: 1d6*20 = 20+32 = 52 MD to everything in 40 ft radius (including himself and hopefully ninja lady). <== this is almost certain to spill out into the main room as a giant gout of fire.
Action 5: Renew Cosmic Armor (23 PPE)
Action 6: If whatever new monster is still contained in the coccoon, Magic Net (4 PPE) coccoon to keep it immobilized. Else: find cover. Dodge: 1d20+22 = 35.
Action 7: See Aura (6 ISP)
Action 8: If ninja is still alive and now visible, Bio-manipulation: paralysis (10 ISP). If ninja dead/gone, and now being attacked by coccoon monster, target monster with bio-manip. Otherwise, reserved for Contingencies/Dodge: 1d20+22 = 27
Action 9: Reserved for Contingencies/Dodge: 1d20+22 = 30
================
16, 6, 18, 11, 14, 15, 20, 7, 4

Spinning Blades Parries (+6/+2 [melee/ranged] not included): 18d20:
1, 5, 12, 16, 7, 3, 2, 9, 15, 6, 13, 15, 7, 12, 9, 19, 15, 19

Lightblade Auto-Parries (+20 not included): 9d20:
10, 19, 9, 16, 15, 19, 10, 9, 15

Contingencies:
If all enemies in the room are destroyed, but glowing pool is not destroyed, use to Lightblade to destroy necro-machines.
Damage: 1d4*20 = 40 +16 MD
If Cosmic Armor collapses, re-cast (1 action). Sacrifice an action to re-cast if contingency action used up.

Skorl
Action 1: Flying to attack witch (or whatever gets in his way). Strike: 1d20+4 = 7. Damage: 1d6*10 = 10 MD.
Action 2: Flying to attack witch (or whatever gets in his way). Strike: 1d20+4 = 7. Damage: 1d6*10 = 50 MD.
Action 3: Flying to attack witch (or whatever gets in his way). Strike: 1d20+4 = 11. Damage: 1d6*10 = 30 MD.

Contingencies: If Witch is not viable target anymore (e.g. she disappears/teleports/rifts away), attack nearest target of opportunity.

Status updates
ISP: -6-10*
PPE: -15 -8 -38 -23 -4*
[*] Electromagnetic attack (EMP). Range: 120 feet away. Area of Effect (AoE): 15 ft radius. Duration: Instant. Effect: effect will fry unshielded electrical circuits and devices (including radios, radar, camera/surveillance systems, computers, sensor systems, guidance systems, targeting systems, HUDs, and similar). All electrical devices that are rendered inoperable by the pulse, with no saving throw. Magical (TW, Bio-wizard, etc.) and hardened circuits (like those used in most combat vehicles, giant robots, and medium and heavy power armor) get a saving throw vs EMP; needs a 14 or higher to save. A failed save results in the electronic device being rendered inert for a period of 1D6x10 minutes, but the device is not permanently damaged. A successful Electrical Engineering skill repair can get the item up and running in 4D6 minutes. (Merc Adventures pg. 17)
[*] Mental Blast. Range: Touch or 360 feet, but intended victim must be visible. Damage: 1D6*10 damage plus disorientation penalties (Victims of this attack are -2 on initiative, -2 to strike, parry, and dodge, and -20% on all skills. Penalties remain in force for 1D4 melee rounds per attack; multiple attacks will have a cumulative effect). Double damage by touch, but must actually touch bare skin. Duration: Instant, and add 1 melee per level. Saving Throw: Save vs psionic attack. If the character successfully saves vs psionic attack, the damage is half and there are no penalties! (BoM pg. 109)
[*] Meteor. Range: 3200 ft. Radius of Damage: 40 ft. Damage: 1D6*20+32 MD to a 40 ft radius. Duration: Instant. Saving Throw: Dodge if victims see it coming. Meteor is +4 to Strike. (BoM pg. 135)
[*] Cosmic Armor. 160.00 min. [color=green]800[/color]/800 MDC. Breathe for spell's duration. Constant internal temperature, protected from cold, radiation and extreme blasts of heat. Hover and fly at a speed of 380 mph. 1/2 damage from: Magic and MD cold and heat/fire/plasma. -5% to all Physical Skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing and similar. -10% to Palming, Pick Pocket, Prowl, and other Rogue, Medical and Technical skills that require a delicate touch.
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Juan Echo » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:57 am

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 75
JiC: 1d20 = 1/1d100 = 60

Gear
Armor
Armor by location:

Cosmic Armor (149:30): 595/800 M.D.C.
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
NE-74GL Grenade Launcher (Ammo 39/48)

Abilities
Relevant Skills
Nightvision
Save vs. Horror Factor (12) -- 1d20+8 = 22
Active Effects
Cosmic Armor (149:30): Breathe for spell's duration. Constant internal temperature, protected from cold, radiation and extreme blasts of heat. Hover and fly at a speed of 380 mph. 1/2 damage from: Magic and MD cold and heat/fire/plasma. -5% to all Physical Skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing and similar. -10% to Palming, Pick Pocket, Prowl, and other Rogue, Medical and Technical skills that require a delicate touch.
Intuitive Combat (-10 I.S.P; 11:30) -- +3 initiative; +1 strike; +1 parry; +4 dodge; +4 pull punch; +2 roll with punch, fall, or impact; +2 disarm

Actions
Initiatve - 1d20+9 = 18
Actions
1. Fly to the area near Sorrenson
2. Fire short burst from NE-74GL Grenade Launcher at area (within 6 feet) near the flying guardsman, strike - 1d20+8 = 17/damage - 4d6 = 15 M.D.
3. Fire short burst from NE-74GL Grenade Launcher at area (within 6 feet) near the flying guardsman, strike - 1d20+8 = 27/damage - 4d6 = 13 M.D.
4. Fire short burst from NE-74GL Grenade Launcher at area (within 6 feet) near the flying guardsman, strike - 1d20+8 = 22/damage - 4d6 = 18 M.D.
5. Fire short burst from NE-74GL Grenade Launcher at area (within 6 feet) near the flying guardsman, strike - 1d20+8 = 16/damage - 4d6 = 15 M.D.
6. Fire short burst from NE-74GL Grenade Launcher at area (within 6 feet) near the flying guardsman, strike - 1d20+8 = 12/damage - 4d6 = 19 M.D.
Contingencies
1. Dodge any significant attack - 1d20+9 = 16
2. Dodge any significant attack - 1d20+9 = 16
3. Dodge any significant attack - 1d20+9 = 21
4. Dodge any significant attack - 1d20+9 = 14
5. Dodge any significant attack - 1d20+9 = 27
Auto-Dodge Rolls
1. 1d20+2 = 21; 2. 1d20+2 = 5; 3. 1d20+2 = 11; 4. 1d20+2 = 15; 5. 1d20+2 = 10; 6. 1d20+2 = 18

Juan grimaces as he unloads several burst of micro-grenades at the metallic Kreeghor. In part because he is still smating from the beating he has taken from the brute. However, he is not dishing it in equal amounts. He has the advantage in melee combat, and the grenades are not doing any real damage. The clubs, the grenade, even your energy blast. This fight requires a subtlety you do not have. Face it Jonny, you are a hammer trying to solve a wrench problem. He briefly considers his options, to keep firing or to switch to clubs and bring the fight in person, when he hears Sorrenson on the radio.

Urqos Sorrenson wrote:"Flier reflects energy. Hit her with kinetics."

He looks over to find the furry Urqos in a shootout by himself. Juan wheels around towards the flier, and aims his grenade launcher to the area just near the flier (the ceiling or wall nearest to her, presumably; however if there is nothing nearby to hit, aim for the head). No one should be fighting one of these monsters alone. His armor is holding for the moment, but there is no guarantee for how long. As before he will stop shooting to dodge an especially powerful blast from either guardsman (thanks to Intuitive Combat).

Scanning around the chamber, he has eyes on nearly everyone. "This fight is only going to get more intense, we should all stay close. Where is Urqos Metri?

Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Oradro » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:26 am

(I posted from the wrong account yet again, I really need to stop doing that >.<)

Perception 32%: 1d100 = 95
JIC: 1d100 = 2 1d20 = 12
PPE: 164/290
Cosmic Armour: 198/500 (Regenerates 1d4X10 in 2 melees)
Cosmic Force Field: 4,000/4,000

Oradro wasn't sure of very much at the moment, but he did know that at this rate, the foe he was facing off with would tear through his defenses rather solidly. Already his armour was badly damaged, though he knew not to be concerned for it specifically, it would heal itself in time one way or another. But at the rate he was going, he wouldn't be able to hold up much longer. On Earth, he'd had no real need for it, and until now, hadn't either. But that moment had come, one that almost all Cosmo Knights face at some point. His had just come early given the foe they faced. So Oradro flies back from the fight a moment, one arm raising up, fist clenched as if he were holding a torch. Pulses of blue electricity started to race up along his form and to his held hand, a glow forming as the ferocity and power gathered. Then in a flash of bright light the blue energy condensed into a singular metalic form of the same colour as his armour. A huge battle axe of times of yore from his specie's early history, etched with markings and figures out of Seljuk myth and legends. Another moment of concentration causes a smaller flash and shimmer about his form before he rushes back in at his foe, massive blade drawn back to begin sweeping towards the Khreegor.

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 6
Action 1: Create and summon Axe (-50 PPE pool for weapon creation, -400 PPE pool to grant Force Field power, PPE Base now 290)
Action 2: Summon Force Field (4,000 MDC)
Action 3: Attack Khreegor with Axe (+7 - 4 = +3) 1d20+3 = 4
Action 4: Attack Khreegor with Axe 1d20+3 = 12
Action 5: Attack Khreegor with Axe 1d20+3 = 7

Auto-Parry: (+10 -4 = +6) 1d20+6 = 151d20+6 = 211d20+6 = 251d20+6 = 241d20+6 = 191d20+6 = 16

Damage:
Attack 1: 1d6*10 = 50 + 1d4*10 = 20 = 70
Attack 2: 1d6*10 = 10 + 1d4*10 = 10 = 20
Attack 3: 1d6*10 = 10 + 1d4*10 = 10 = 20
Oradro's Sheet
MDC 340

Constant Conditions:
Oradro

Postby Kaedras Starfall » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:47 pm

Perception 42% 1d100 = 79 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 1
1d100 = 40

Conditions:
  • Sixth sense (Triggered)
  • Psionic Force Field 30/70 M.D.C.
  • Champion's Bonus (to all who can see Starchief): +3 Strike, parry, & dodge

The Star Elf almost smiles when the Kreeghor's left arm goes numb. With mirth in his eyes, he nocks his remaining paralysis arrow. "Let us see how you fight with no arms, fiend."

He then lays into him with medium-explosive arrows, attempting to distract him as his heavy-hitting comrades take him down.

If this doesn't work, I shall have to engage him in swordplay, I fear... I am running out of arrows.

Initiative: 1d20+7 = 27 (Nat. 20!)

Action 1: Aim (called shot to right arm)
Action 2: Aim (called shot to right arm)
Action 3: Fire Paralysis: Lesser Arrow 1d20+14 = 25; Save vs. 12 or Paralyzed limb + crit. effect (whatever that may be)
Action 4: Fire ME Arrow 1d20+9 = 24; Damage 1d6 = 2 M.D.
Action 5: Fire ME Arrow 1d20+9 = 28; Damage 1d6 = 1 M.D.
Action 6: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+13 = 14
Bonus attack (Enhanced Reflexes): Fire ME Arrow 1d20+9 = 20; Damage 1d6 = 3 M.D.

Parries (if necessary): 1) 1d20+12 = 16; 2) 1d20+12 = 15; 3) 1d20+12 = 29; 4) v; 5) 1d20+12 = 19; 6) 1d20+12 = 28; 7) 1d20+12 = 15

Kaedras Butcher's Bill
-5 ME Arrows
-5 HE Explosive Arrows
-2 Paralysis: Lesser Arrow
-1 Energy Bolt Arrow
-10 ISP
Kaedras Starfall

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Kaedras Starfall

Postby Mara » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:16 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 16 / 65% (95% when dealing with vampires or undead)
JiC: 1d20 = 2 1d100 = 55

Mara thinks, Poseidon's balls, that is a lot of acid. Mara is solely focused on taking this creature down, but she does throw some good humored shade at Starburst, "Starburst . . . You gonna give me a hand here or what?" She gives him a smile to let him know it is just a bit of light-hearted banter. Mara feels the creature weakening and pushes herself even harder.

Init: 1d20+7 = 15

Attack 1: Attack with Stoney Dragon. Attack: 1d20+16 = 19; Damage: 10d6+12 = 47 x2 if Evil
Attack 2: Attack with Stoney Dragon. Attack: 1d20+16 = 27; Damage: 10d6+12 = 44 x2 if Evil
Attack 3: Attack with Stoney Dragon. Attack: 1d20+16 = 17; Damage: 10d6+12 = 44 x2 if Evil
Attack 4: Attack with Stoney Dragon. Attack: 1d20+16 = 30; Damage: 10d6+12 = 55 x2 if Evil
Attack 5: Attack with Stoney Dragon. Attack: 1d20+16 = 30; Damage: 10d6+12 = 52 x2 if Evil
Attack 6: Attack with Stoney Dragon. Attack: 1d20+16 = 19; Damage: 10d6+12 = 45 x2 if Evil
Attack 7: Attack with Stoney Dragon. Attack: 1d20+16 = 20; Damage: 10d6+12 = 44 x2 if Evil
Attack 8: Attack with Stoney Dragon. Attack: 1d20+16 = 36 Crit!; Damage: 10d6+12 = 41 x2= 82 x2 if Evil

Parry: 1d20+17 = 31 1d20+17 = 19 1d20+17 = 26 1d20+17 = 37 1d20+17 = 37 1d20+17 = 29 1d20+17 = 20 1d20+17 = 35
Dodge (if Needed): 1d20+15 = 16 1d20+15 = 24 1d20+15 = 20 1d20+15 = 29 1d20+15 = 34 1d20+15 = 29 1d20+15 = 19 1d20+15 = 34

Contingency:
If Heart in Chains tattoo drops she will spend an action to reactivate.
Mara Archerean

Soundtrack:
Tomorrow We Fight
Mara
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Sorrenson » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:12 am

Perception: 1d100 = 87
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 53

Drone Locations:
Combat B - Front gate of compound, moving towards basement
Destructo A - In da basement!
Destructo B - In da basement!

Once activated:
Magical Adrenal-Rush feature is activated wearers P.S. becomes Supernatural, +2 attacks per melee, +50% speed, Wearers S.D.C. is tripled, Wearer receives the following combat bonuses: +3 to Initiative, +1 to Strike, +1 to Dodge, +1 on all Saving throws. The wearer becomes impervious to drugs, mind control, possession, illusions, pain, and horror factor. Duration: 4 Melee Rounds per activation. Current round is round 3

OOC Comments
PPE: 71/151
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 eacho
Legs (2) - 200 each
Main Body - 332/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 32/100 - 9.75 minutes remain
Starfire Cannon ammo 31/32
NE-800 ammo - 10/16 smart missiles available, 0/16 dumb missiles
Fusion Blocks 5/5

Drone M.D.C

Gear on person:
Amulet of Understanding

M.D.C. by Location

3 e-clips

Damage 1d4x10 +3 m.d.

Splugorth Mega-Blade

Bone Fetish

Utility/Tool Belt

Mr Sorrenson, the destructo drones have arrived. Where, exactly, where you prefer they detonate? The amulet asks.
Hmmm, Sorrenson thinks then replies. Wait a second. I'm going to keep Reflecto-Angel up there busy. Once she's dealing with a few missiles send One (1) Boom-Drone up her ass!
The amulet frowns. I'm not sure I understand. Have you become like that deviant Juan Echo and developed some odd kink? That seems a highly inappropriate and, more importantly, wasteful use of explosive ordnance in your current situation.
Sorrenson groans while taking aim at the flier. It's a figure of speech. I'll clarify. Once she is busy dealing with Smart missiles I want you to attack her with a NE Self-Destructing Drone. Explode in such a manner that she is caught in the blast radius, but the two of us and none of our allies are within said radius. Clear?
Very. the amulet responds simply. Sorrenson gets the impression it is taking aim or doing some kind of rapid yet complex calculation. Or Both, it seems to be doing both.

Sorrenson keeps up his assault on the flier and directs the amulet to attack her with a destructo drone when it gets a good shot.
Juan Echo wrote: "This fight is only going to get more intense, we should all stay close. Where is Urqos Metri?

"He flew through that wall door / arse-hole I think." Sorrenson replies.
Yes, he did. The Amulet adds. I must say it was rather bold and very very impressive given the extremely nasty seeming Evil I can sense in there. Even more impressive is that Mr. Metri is still alive, as far as I can tell. Oh dear..? He could use a hand I think. Sorrenson glances towards the wall where the massive butt hole is located. He suppresses a laugh as he sees the door pucker and open slightly as if releasing some sort of rapid change in pressure within that room. It does it more than once. So that's why they call it a barking spider! He giggles to himself. With that the last destructo drone punches forward, towards and then though the wall orifice. Sorrenson's amusement at the absurdity of the situation changes to horror. Luckily, it does not explode as he feared at first.
What are you doing?! He shrieks at the Amulet mentally.
Oh calm thyself. Mr Sorrenson. I'm merely taking a look. I can't see what's going on in there. I need eyes in there. You have my word I will not detonate on Mr. Metri. The amulet replies.

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 10
Actions:
1 - Strike Electro Angel Ugly with single smart missile 1d20+5 = 14, damage 6d6 = 22 M.D.
2 - Strike Electro Angel Ugly with single smart missile 1d20+5 = 11, damage 6d6 = 23 M.D.
3 - Strike Electro Angel Ugly with single smart missile 1d20+5 = 10, damage 6d6 = 23 M.D.
4 - Strike Electro Angel Ugly with single smart missile 1d20+5 = 13, damage 6d6 = 19 M.D.
5 - Strike Electro Angel Ugly with single destructo drone! 1d20+6 = 24, damage 3d6*10 = 90 M.D. -15 ft area
6 - Strike Electro Angel Ugly with single smart missile 1d20+5 = 11, damage 6d6 = 19 M.D.
7 - Strike Electro Angel Ugly with single smart missile 1d20+5 = 14, damage 6d6 = 20 M.D.
8 - Saved for dodge / re-up AoI as needed. Dodge:1d20+9 = 16
9 - Saved for dodge / re-up AoI as needed. Dodge:1d20+9 = 15
10 - Saved for dodge / re-up AoI as needed. Dodge:1d20+9 = 16
smart missles
E Micro-Missile (smart)
• Range: 2 mile
• Damage: 6d6 M.D. to a 3' radius.
• Weight: 22lbs.
• Quantity: 50
• Modifers: +4 Strike. On a miss, missile can try again up to 2 times per round. Requires a called shot to be hit and has +4 to dodge.

Extra Smart missile strike rolls if needed: 1d20+5 = 251d20+5 = 171d20+5 = 191d20+5 = 171d20+5 = 141d20+5 = 111d20+5 = 161d20+5 = 251d20+5 = 71d20+5 = 111d20+5 = 121d20+5 = 121d20+5 = 141d20+5 = 18

Parries if needed: 1d20+10 = 11,1d20+10 = 21,1d20+10 = 23,1d20+10 = 29,1d20+10 = 17,1d20+10 = 24,1d20+10 = 22,1d20+10 = 11,1d20+10 = 16

Drone dodges (if needed): 1d20+8 = 27, 1d20+8 = 9, 1d20+8 = 15, 1d20+8 = 27, 1d20+8 = 14, 1d20+8 = 28, 1d20+8 = 20, 1d20+8 = 19
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

PreviousNext

Return to Phase World: The Three Galaxies