Rogues' OOC Chat

These guys make shady people look good!
GM: Consumer
AGM: Rogue Trader

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Rogues' OOC Chat

Postby Vortigern » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:14 pm

Thank you for the prompt attention and resolution.
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Bryke » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:48 am

DL,

I was eavesdropping :D could this be a possibility:

The Skill Lore: Astral, I understand it being exclusive to Shifters, especially in Phase World, but shouldn't the Noro Mystic have it as well?

IFF so, could it be that Vortigern spends/spent some time IC or out of character with a group of them or just one? Maybe a brief OR long story that introduces him or him and our pc's to the Noro Mystic (npc)? IFF that is possible then he could somehow learn about astral lore from them?

The same could work for a shifter teaching Vort about it? IC Vortigern could learn this skill from a shifter also correct? I don't really know how that part works really, the learning from npc's or pc's, but I think that is possible isn't it?

What do you think?
PPE: 236/116
ISP: 125/53
SDC:634/534 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP:155/147

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:
Bryke

Postby Dark Lord » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:37 am

I think you confused Lore: Astral with Lore: Dimensions. Per Augur, the former is a skill that can be learned per the usual rules and the latter is effectively an OCC special ability unique to shifters. That's the site-wide ruling and so pretty much the final word on the subject.
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImage
Dark Lord
Dimension Master

Postby Holt » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:53 pm

Bryke ... Post up in Power Distribution. :|
(3 of 4 have posted and we don't wanna have another 3 week dryspell).
Holt D'Invictus

Personal MDC: 134/134
Armor: NE-SA40 “Black Fist” Stealth Power Armor [Thermo-Kinetic]
Head/Helmet: 65/65
Main Body: 215/220
*** Integrated P-Field Defensive Field [Phase World Dimension Book 2, Pg 124] -- Dispersal Effect: 1/10th Damage from Energy Blasts, Beams, Projectile, Missiles, and Explosive Damage

Weapons: HI-80 Combat Laser Rifle (slung across back), [2] NE-8SL Slimline Barrage Plasma Cartridge Auto-Pistol in Under-Arm holsters, [2] HI-10 Heavy Laser Pistol(s) (in Hip Holsters), Phase Sword (belted at the Left hip), PH-21 Phase Beamer (Right Thigh), Kisentite Boot Knife (Rt).

Belt: (4) P-Field Defensive Field Battery, Transformable Longsword (Pen-Form)

Available: [Ring: Tongues (Constant)], [Ring of Protection from Evil (Constant), +3 to Save vs. Magic/Psionics when source is Evil], [Pendant: Metamorphosis 3x], [Belt Buckle: Increase Weight 3x], [Pinky Ring: Mystic Alarm 3x], Nuclear Grav-Pack

Spare Ammunition: [8] Clips of NE-001PC Light Plasma Cartridges [24 rounds each], [12] Long E-Clips, [2] Short E-Clips, [4] NE-GF10 Fragmentation Grenades, [4] Smoke Grenades, [4] Stun/Flash Grenades
Holt
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Prothor » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:13 pm

I posted in the tracker, but just a heads up here too.

I will be out of town starting March 30th and won't get back until late on April 2nd. I will not be able to post during this time.

I went ahead and took April 3rd off from work, so I can recoup. I should be able to catch up on posts on the 3rd as well.
Prothor
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Rogue Trader » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:06 am

Hey folks, you may have already heard but I've officially stepped aside from y'all's AGM slot. I really don't think I could keep up with being both a GM and an AGM (well, to be fair I *wasn't* keeping up as well as I should have) so at least this way Consumer can get someone new broken in before the end of the quad.

Thanks for letting me be part of this little space circus during this short time. It's definitely been fun and can't wait to see how things develop with your group post-MW. :salut:
I wont lead you to temptation, but I can give you directions. - The Rogue Trader

Ask not what your GM can do for you, Ask what can you do for your GM - Proposed AGM Motto
Rogue Trader
Assistant Game Master

Postby Sorrenson » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:00 pm

Well, that's a pity. Good while it lasted I suppose ;)
Sorrenson

Postby Bryke » Tue May 16, 2017 5:41 am

To all whom shall see these present, Greetings:

I sincerely apologize for my delay. Lost track of time. RL has been working on me.

My mother was sick and in the hospital for awhile with Pneumonia... WHO THE PHU&#%$ gets pneumonia anymore these days?? She pulled through. While that was happening finals crept up and in the end I have to retake physics.

That said... I did not know it had been that long since I posted last... just lost track of time. I am truly sorry.

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:
Bryke

Postby Dime Store Magic » Tue May 16, 2017 5:50 am

Thanks for posting, and I am glad to know your mother is doing better.
Dime Store Magic
Assistant Game Master

Postby Rogue Trader » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:32 pm

Hey Everyone. I'm Lee - I play Brute in HU: Century Station, Ashlynn in H4H, and Niall in HU: Galactic, and I'll be stepping in as AGM for the Rogues.
I wont lead you to temptation, but I can give you directions. - The Rogue Trader

Ask not what your GM can do for you, Ask what can you do for your GM - Proposed AGM Motto
Rogue Trader
Assistant Game Master

Postby Bryke » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:33 am

I may need some assistance on how to properly write a dice tag for:

4d6 + 2d4 + 18 = total ??

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:
Bryke

Postby Consumer » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:49 am

Bryke wrote:I may need some assistance on how to properly write a dice tag for:

4d6 + 2d4 + 18 = total ??

You won't be able to do it as a lump sum. you'll have to go 4d6 = 21 + 2d4+18 = 21 = 42, and edit the total in once you know what it is.

Also though Called shots with a melee weapon cost no additional attacks, they do so without any bonuses, ie. straight d20 rolls
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Bryke » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:28 pm

Ok. Thanx.

How do you edit afterward? The code doesn't allow that right? That's why I kept doing separate damage rerolls.
Bryke

Postby Rogue Trader » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:58 am

Bryke wrote:Ok. Thanx.

How do you edit afterward? The code doesn't allow that right? That's why I kept doing separate damage rerolls.

You don't edit the actual dice roll. After the dice are rolled, you edit the post to add in the total. In the example above, you'd go into the post and add the "= 42" at the end of the string of dice rolls.

Rogue Trader
Assistant Game Master

Postby Bryke » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:35 am

Ok.. I think I got it. Do the dice, let them roll, THEN I add it up and place it next to dice roll(s).

So there is no way to put a function called TOTAL in the code, ahh nvm all that. That's easy-peasy-- I think :)
Bryke

Postby Bryke » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:17 pm

I have a question:

I have looked at the 5 tallies of xp and noticed this 'ppw' what does that mean?

Also, in the last 5 tallies it seems that everyone currently playing has earned 1 or more EP except Gryxxx or Bryke (both of which are me)... my question therefore is, how does one go about gaining/earning EP here, and what am I doing or not doing for there to be such a significant difference?
Bryke

Postby Dark Lord » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:26 pm

Bryke wrote:I have looked at the 5 tallies of xp and noticed this 'ppw' what does that mean?
Also, in the last 5 tallies it seems that everyone currently playing has earned 1 or more EP except Gryxxx or Bryke (both of which are me)... my question therefore is, how does one go about gaining/earning EP here, and what am I doing or not doing for there to be such a significant difference?

It refers to 'posts per week'. You earn EP if you post, on average, more than once per week in a given quad. At the risk of being blunt, you sometimes miss weeks. Ergo, you don't earn EP. If you want to change that, you need to post more frequently than you have been.
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImage
Dark Lord
Dimension Master

Postby Vortigern » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:35 am

EP accrual rules are here.

XP accrual rules are here.
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Sorrenson » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:20 am

Bryke - I find the easiest way to make sure I'm over the 1 post per week for the quad is to post more than once a week during non-combat periods. Even if it's just a question or reply to someone's IC interaction. That way I build a bit of tolerance for the times I miss a week or the stretches where it's once per week due to combat.
Sorrenson

Postby Bryke » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:39 am

Thank you DL, Sorrenson for that "food to eat" :) and Vortigern for the rules.
Bryke

Postby Rogue Trader » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:18 am

GM post + 7 days

Everyone has posted except Metri, who's in the tracker.

Great job, all.

Rogue Trader
Assistant Game Master

Postby Rogue Trader » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:33 am

We are at GM post +6 days, and have 4 of 6 Rogues posted and no one in the Tracker. Get yer posts in!

Rogue Trader
Assistant Game Master

Postby Rogue Trader » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:31 pm

GM post + 6 days

Rogues: 6/6 posted.

Great job, guys. :)

Rogue Trader
Assistant Game Master

Postby Dime Store Magic » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:13 am

Hello Rogues, I was planning on working on your images this week, but with Ben and Todd going like gangbusters on putting up images from every book to go into the repository, anything I do would be duplicative until they finish. I still plan to get them all resolved before the end of the quad.

DSM
Dime Store Magic
Assistant Game Master

Postby Consumer » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:38 pm

2017 Holiday Post Rate Suspension is now in effect till January 2nd 2018. I will still attempt to keep updating every Tuesday unless there are no player posts.
So Happy Holidays to everyone and hopefully a happy new year.

~Your Friendly GM Consumer.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Rogue Trader » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:09 am

Augur has updated the site rules on Perception, which can be found here.

Please review them and update your character sheets at your earliest convenience.

Thanks!

Rogue Trader
Assistant Game Master

Postby Rogue Trader » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:22 am

We are at GM post +6 days. Y'all need to get your posts in.

Rogue Trader
Assistant Game Master

Postby Rogue Trader » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:13 am

Okay - it's been a week since the last GM post. If you haven't posted, please do so.

Last time it took 2 weeks for everyone to get posted. We need to get back on track.

Rogue Trader
Assistant Game Master

Postby Rogue Trader » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:11 am

We are at GM post +7 days - get your posts in if you haven't already!!

Rogue Trader
Assistant Game Master

Postby Sentinel » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:54 pm

Hello,

I am introducing myself as I will be joining you near the end of February. I have been approved to make a Zembahk RCC in WB 2 Atlantis book page 82. Let the creepy worm phobias begin. Please don't kill it with fire.
Yellow Dragon Ledger
OOC Comments
Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin,English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu
P.P.E.: 190/190 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 440/440 AR: 16
Spell reference at this Link
Ectype 1
Ectype P.P.E.: 190/190 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 440/440 Equipment: Mobile Compact Computer/ HUD interface, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 2
Ectype P.P.E.: 190/190 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 440/440 Equipment: Robot Repair Kit with sophisticated tools, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 3
Ectype P.P.E.: 190/190 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 440/440 Weapon: 40mm MM-1 Multiple Grenade Launcher Equipment: Neckband Radio/ID transponders

ImageImage
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Rogue Trader » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:23 pm

We're at day 5 since the GM post and only 2 posts from the Rogues. Let's get posted, please.

Also, Welcome, Sentinel!!

Rogue Trader
Assistant Game Master

Postby Holt » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:17 am

Hmmm. We really need some slug throwers eh? Or Missile Launchers.

I think if everyone just took a few steps back we could all see the magic of a Volley. :mrgreen:
Holt D'Invictus

*** Integrated P-Field Defensive Field [Phase World Dimension Book 2, Pg 124] -- Dispersal Effect: 1/10th Damage from Energy Blasts, Beams, Projectile, Missiles, and Explosive Damage

Weapons: HI-80 Combat Laser Rifle (slung across back), [2] NE-8SL Slimline Barrage Plasma Cartridge Auto-Pistol in Under-Arm holsters, [2] HI-10 Heavy Laser Pistol(s) (in Hip Holsters), Phase Sword (belted at the Left hip), PH-21 Phase Beamer (Right Thigh), Kisentite Boot Knife (Rt).

Available: [Ring: Tongues (Constant)], [Ring of Protection from Evil (Constant), +3 to Save vs. Magic/Psionics when source is Evil], [Pendant: Metamorphosis 3x], [Belt Buckle: Increase Weight 3x], [Pinky Ring: Mystic Alarm 3x], Nuclear Grav-Pack

Spare Ammunition: [8] Clips of NE-001PC Light Plasma Cartridges [24 rounds each], [12] Long E-Clips, [2] Short E-Clips, [4] NE-GF10 Fragmentation Grenades, [4] Smoke Grenades, [4] Stun/Flash Grenades
Holt
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Holt » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:51 am

Folks, I hate to do it but I am buried @ work and it does not look like it will let up anytime soon (I gave a bit more detail to Consumer privately). Given my offline constraints, I can't put the time needed in on Holt (especially as an active group leader), so I am putting him up on an EP Inactive slot at least for the Quad.

Thankfully we are between missions so to speak, and Consumer is welcome to use Holt as an NPC to tag along and ferry gear or facilitate whatever would be useful. Good luck on the Demon Planet, don't let Vortigern seize it as a minion :wink:
Holt D'Invictus

Holt
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Sorrenson » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:59 am

Hey Holt,

That's a pity. See ya when you get back though :)
Sorrenson

Previous

Return to Galactic Rogues (6 players, 2 openings)