Rogues' OOC Chat

These guys make shady people look good!
GM: Consumer
AGM: Rogue Trader

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Rogues' OOC Chat

Postby Consumer » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:44 am

Conduct Out of Character Chat here.

Keep it Civil... Thread subject to complete deletion from time to time.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Consumer
Game Master

Re: Rogues' OOC Chat

Postby Vortigern » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:53 pm

Welcome Erebos!

Let the scheming begin!
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Érebos » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:25 pm

Vortigern wrote:Welcome Erebos!

Let the scheming begin!

:twisted:
Érebos
Current Status
S.D.C.: 91/91
Hit Points: 24/24
P.P.E.: 175/175

Armor: NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor: 80/80 M.D.C.
Modifiers: -5% to acrobatics/gymnastics, -20% for others to detect, +5% to prowl skill, only 21% chance to be detected by thermal/infrared, non-environmental

Current Conditions:

Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12
  • Recognize Vampires by Appearance: 10% per level of experience. +10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires, -30% to recognize Master Vampires unless openly flaunting its power and demonic nature.
  • Friend of the Shadows: Denizens of the Shadow Realm see the Shadow Mage as one of their own, and will not attack him unless directly commanded to do so by a Shadow Wraith or Shadow Lord (or unless the Mage attacks them first).
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis
  • Can sense the presence of ley lines up to 5 miles away, nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away. Can tell when there is more than one ley line or nexus within their sensing range, but are unable to pinpoint the exact location. They know the general direction and whether it is closer or farther away, weak or powerful, and if a Rift is opened.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
  • Bonuses while in Shadow or Darkness: +2 to Perception Rolls; +1 to Strike, Parry and Dodge; +3 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells; impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension; and is never afraid of any kind of darkness (feels at home and safe in darkness). Heals injuries at 1d6 per hour of rest or meditation.
  • Penalties and Vulnerabilities: -2 Spell Strength when cast in areas of bright artificial light or sunlight (with no shadow to cast in), and all spell effects, range, damage, duration etc. of Shadow Magic are reduced by half. -2 to Perception Rolls and initiative, -5% on skill performance when in daylight, overcast (without shadows), or exposed to bright artificial light. Vulnerable to silver! Any kind of silver blade or bullet does double damage. Over time, some Shadow Mages (5% chance per level- not allergic @ level 1, roll again next level!) become allergic to sunlight and suffer from headaches and nausea when exposed to it for more than one hour (-15% to skill performance, reduce speed 20%, -1 melee attack and -1 on all combat bonuses).
  • Speed: Érebos runs at 700 meters per minute, 175 meters per melee round, 26mph! Can run at half that speed for up to 12 miles before fatigue, or 1/3 that at full speed before collapsing.
Érebos

Postby Az Rael » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:40 am

This is starting to look like a dark, kickass team!
P.P.E.: 99 / 99
I.S.P.: 47 / 47
H.P.: 34 / 34
S.D.C.: 82 / 82

Perception Bonus: 49%
+15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% dealing with Vampires/Undead, +5% Ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic

Charm/Impress: 25%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 60%
Horror/Awe Factor: 12

Az Rael

Always On
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis (special)
  • Sense the Presence of Vampire and Vampire Intelligences (Special)
  • Sence Rifts and Ley Lines (special)

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Commando lvl 5
  • Number of Attacks: 5 (+1 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • P.P.E.: Channel 9 P.P.E per attack
  • Initiative Bonus: +4
  • Strike Bonus: +6 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Parry Bonus: +7 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Dodge Bonus: +7 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Entangle: +2
  • HTH Damage Bonus: +4
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +3
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch: +5
  • Bonus to Disarm: +1
  • Bonus to Automatic Body Flip: +1
  • Bonus to Automatic Dodge: +3

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Magic (varies): +2
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+):
  • Insanity (12+): +8
  • Psionics (varies): +8
  • Mind Control via psionics or drugs: +1
  • Horror Factor (varies): +9
Az Rael
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Érebos » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:40 pm

Getting there :)
Érebos
Current Status
S.D.C.: 91/91
Hit Points: 24/24
P.P.E.: 175/175

Armor: NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor: 80/80 M.D.C.
Modifiers: -5% to acrobatics/gymnastics, -20% for others to detect, +5% to prowl skill, only 21% chance to be detected by thermal/infrared, non-environmental

Current Conditions:

Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12
  • Recognize Vampires by Appearance: 10% per level of experience. +10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires, -30% to recognize Master Vampires unless openly flaunting its power and demonic nature.
  • Friend of the Shadows: Denizens of the Shadow Realm see the Shadow Mage as one of their own, and will not attack him unless directly commanded to do so by a Shadow Wraith or Shadow Lord (or unless the Mage attacks them first).
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis
  • Can sense the presence of ley lines up to 5 miles away, nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away. Can tell when there is more than one ley line or nexus within their sensing range, but are unable to pinpoint the exact location. They know the general direction and whether it is closer or farther away, weak or powerful, and if a Rift is opened.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
  • Bonuses while in Shadow or Darkness: +2 to Perception Rolls; +1 to Strike, Parry and Dodge; +3 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells; impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension; and is never afraid of any kind of darkness (feels at home and safe in darkness). Heals injuries at 1d6 per hour of rest or meditation.
  • Penalties and Vulnerabilities: -2 Spell Strength when cast in areas of bright artificial light or sunlight (with no shadow to cast in), and all spell effects, range, damage, duration etc. of Shadow Magic are reduced by half. -2 to Perception Rolls and initiative, -5% on skill performance when in daylight, overcast (without shadows), or exposed to bright artificial light. Vulnerable to silver! Any kind of silver blade or bullet does double damage. Over time, some Shadow Mages (5% chance per level- not allergic @ level 1, roll again next level!) become allergic to sunlight and suffer from headaches and nausea when exposed to it for more than one hour (-15% to skill performance, reduce speed 20%, -1 melee attack and -1 on all combat bonuses).
  • Speed: Érebos runs at 700 meters per minute, 175 meters per melee round, 26mph! Can run at half that speed for up to 12 miles before fatigue, or 1/3 that at full speed before collapsing.
Érebos

Postby Consumer » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:06 pm

So I am posting this in all my groups to clarify what I am looking for in a player post.

Player Non-Combat wrote:Perception: D100/Percentage
Just in Case D20/D100
Conditions: Things that are important, Sixth sense, Bio-Regen, Immunities, etc. You don't have to post all of your characters special abilities, just the ones you are actively using.

Skill Rolls D100/Percentage (What the skill is for.) If there isn't info to what the skill is for it will be ignored.

Post: Please include Thought and action, and if possible Speech. This is also a good place to make mention of the skills/special abilities you are using, in addition to stating them above.

Player Combat wrote:Perception: D100/Percentage
Just in Case D20/D100
Conditions: Things that are important, Sixth sense, Bio-Regen, Immunities, etc. Again you don't have to post all of your characters special abilities, just the ones you are actively using.

Skill Rolls D100/Percentage (What the skill is for.) If there isn't info to what the skill is for it will be ignored.

Initiative: d20+bonuses
Number of attacks: ???

Strike rolls should state target and weapon used, like such.

Action One: Player swings vibro-blade at the pirate. (Strike: D20+bonus; Damage: d6 MD)
Action Two-three: Player aims for pirates head with ion pistol. (Strike: d20+bonus; Damage: 3d6 MD)

If you roll a Natural 20, go back and edit the attack to notate its increased damage.

Parry: d20+bonus. Give me as many rolls as you have attacks, they're free.
Dodge (What triggers your dodge, 50% armor... Ranged attacks, etc) d20+bonus. Give me as many rolls as you have attacks, these will be taken off of your last attack first and move up. If you don't include your bonuses in the roll, I will be sad.
Roll w/: d20+bonus as many times as you have attacks, also free to use.

Post: Please include Thought and action, and if possible Speech. This is also a good place to make mention of the skills/special abilities you are using, in addition to stating them above.

A round is 15 seconds, limit your speech to what you could speak in 15 seconds, no monologing.

"This is radio, its bold and blue."
"This is Telepathy, it is Italicized and purple.
"This is Speech, it's Bold."
This is thought, it is Italicized.

A note on skills. I assume you can speak your native language, no rolls necessary, unless you are trying to explain a foreign concept to a non-native speaker.

If you have 60% and up in a skill, you don't need to roll unless, stressed, or trying to explain a foreign concept.

Radio: Basic, no rolls needed for general use of a communication device. Changing frequencies, or installing them requires rolls.

Side note on skills posted. Feel free to post skills that you are unsure would work for a task, just make note of why you think the skill could be useful.

That's all I've got for now, if you have any questions please ask.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Sorrenson » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:15 am

Hiya,

So regarding the dividing up for the GR mission rewards for killing Uncle Halthy, I suggest the following:

• Divide the credit three ways. Sorrenson, Vort and Bryke get 1/3 each. Nice and simple.
  • I expect you guys will want to keep the Ghost Star Fighter, so you should just keep it. I had thought of asking to swap the bigger one the GR has with the smaller one the GA has. So that the Drudge could fit in the hold. However you guys may want to keep it. Vort may eventually summon up a larger 'little friends' and the larger hold in the Ghost could be useful for that. Also, swapping that over would probably need the consent of too many people. Last but not least, it gives Sorrenson a good reason to buy another - smaller & sneaky - PA :)

Let me know what you guys think.
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Dark Lord » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:09 am

Both groups' shuttles are the same size.
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImage
Dark Lord
Dimension Master

Postby Dime Store Magic » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:38 am

There was also a bit of handwavium to make everyone fit in the ships, it has virtually no cargo space. But was built to house promethians so the cabin is big enough for 6 of them. Or maybe a drudge and some punny humans and the like. :lol:
Dime Store Magic
Assistant Game Master

Postby Vortigern » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:34 pm

Sorrenson wrote:Hiya,

So regarding the dividing up for the GR mission rewards for killing Uncle Halthy, I suggest the following:

• Divide the credit three ways. Sorrenson, Vort and Bryke get 1/3 each. Nice and simple.
  • I expect you guys will want to keep the Ghost Star Fighter, so you should just keep it. I had thought of asking to swap the bigger one the GR has with the smaller one the GA has. So that the Drudge could fit in the hold. However you guys may want to keep it. Vort may eventually summon up a larger 'little friends' and the larger hold in the Ghost could be useful for that. Also, swapping that over would probably need the consent of too many people. Last but not least, it gives Sorrenson a good reason to buy another - smaller & sneaky - PA :)

Let me know what you guys think.

Given that there is no charter proscribing the method of divvying loot I would have no grounds for complaining about something as straightforward as equal shares. Normally I prefer to have a percentage allotted to a group fund, however I also can't deny that as you are leaving the group you would then be paying into a group fund you wouldn't benefit from afterwards. I can understand why you might prefer not to do that. (I might object under such circumstances myself.)

An even split of the 50m credits would leave each of us with 16,666,666 credits, and a remainder of 2 credits. In the interest of simplicity and quick resolution, you and Bryke can split it so you each get 16,666,667.

It appears there is nothing to resolve regarding the spacecraft.

Best wishes transitioning the Galactic Adventurers Sorrenson.
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Sorrenson » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:31 am

Cool. Thanks Vort. Best of luck to you guys as well!

I've PM'd Bryke and asked him to post his input here.
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Bryke » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:13 am

I concur sirs.

Tho, Vort allowing us to have the extra dollar felt fishy to me at first glance :/
Bryke

Return to Galactic Rogues (4 players, 4 openings)