Mission 3: Locate Connor Taid (Trouble on Center)

These guys make shady people look good!
GM: Consumer
AGM: Rogue Trader

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Mission 3: Locate Connor Taid (Trouble on Center)

Postby Consumer » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:10 pm

The File

This data file contains all the information that Elias Stone was able to put together on the particular case before he passed it off to the Galactic Rogues.
Contract wrote:Contract Originator: Maynard Taid Vice President of Research and Design HI Industries.
Payment: 20,000,000 Universal Credits; paid to an escrow account.
Particulars: Connor Taid has been deemed missing. Mr. Taid would like the Operator to find and retrieve his son from whatever location he may currently be in. Payment is for the return of Connor Taid. If the subject is deceased, Mr. Taid would like to have the remains returned to his care. No payment to be given without a body.

Elias also attached several notes to the contract.

The first note: wrote:Information about the Connor Taid’s usual security detail. Four armed guards on loan from HI Industries were sent to accompany Connor Taid wherever he may decide to go. These bodyguards were shifted out once a month, replacing the entire team with different guards every four weeks.

The Second Note: wrote:A brief interview with one of Connor Taid’s former bodyguards. The guard suspects that Connor went to level thirteen to visit The Black Orchid, a nightclub. He describes the place as rowdy, but not too rough, considering the level it is on.

The Third Note: wrote:A snippet of a conversation between one of Elias Stone’s informants and a Bouncer at the Black Orchid.
Informant: ”Have you seen this kid?”
Bouncer: ”Maybe, we get a lot of guys like that in here on a regular basis.”
Informant: ”He would have had four bodyguards with him at the time and was likely flashing around a lot of money… Probably five days ago.”
Bouncer: ”I think I remember a guy like that… We had an incident and had to close early that night.”
Informant: ”What kind of incident?”
Bouncer: ”A bloody fight broke out… Hel Rider’s and the Tartaras Men happened to be here the same night. A bunch of people were caught in the crossfire. Not sure the particulars of it, I was taken out pretty early.”
Informant: ”Hmmm… More than I thought I would get, here’s for your trouble.”

The Fourth Note: wrote:The four names of the HI Industries bodyguard detail along with their pictures, that were traveling with Connor Taid.
Brasco, Karl J… Hammond, Douglas P… Jasstin… Kole, Farrin L.

The Fifth Note: wrote:This note is Just the name of the missing and an address.
Connor Taid's Residence is located on Level Two. Spaceport. Specifically in Spacetown.
Consumer
Game Master

Re: Mission 3: Locate Connor Taid (Trouble on Center)

Postby Consumer » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:23 pm

Maynard Taid: Enemy: Is known to have many enemies among weapons manufacturing circles. Violence/Injury: Maynard Taid has survived two previous assassination attempts. Bank/Account: Is a known user of the Intergalactic Bank of Dracul.

Connor Taid: Inheritance: Is the sole inheritor of Maynard Taid’s fortune. Bank/Account: Is a known user of the Intergalactic Bank of Dracul. Crime: Has a rap sheet of minor crimes and lawsuits for what could be attributed to a wastrel socialite’s lifestyle.

HI industries: Enemy: Is known to have many enemies as a weapons manufacturer. Violence/Injury: Has been the subject to many accounts of violence and injury over it’s existence. Conspiracy/Grievance/Betrayl/Double-Cross: Several conspiracies about anti-trust and industrial espionage have been put against HI Industries. Bank/Account: Is a known user of the Intergalactic Bank of Dracul as well as several others. Crime: Has many documented court cases/suits it’s involved in.

The Black Orchid: Violence/Injury/Crime: Has several cases of bar type violence and such. ie. Assualts, rapes, thefts, etc. Where the name The Black Orchid shows up.

Hel Rider’s: Enemy: Known rivals to the Tartaras Men and law enforcement in general. Kidnapping: Several notes of kidnapping appear in their history. Conspiracy: Possible payoffs and bribes to government officials. Violence/Injury/Grievance/Crime: As a bike gang, there name shows up a lot in criminal records. A note shows up about a recent hit on their command structure by the Tartaras Men, reducing their influence on level 13.

Tartaras Men: Enemy: Known rivals to the Hel Rider’s and law enforcement in general. Kidnapping: Several notes of kidnapping appear in their history. Conspiracy: Possible payoffs and bribes to government officials. Violence/Injury/Grievance/Crime: As a bike gang, there name shows up a lot in criminal records. A note shows up about a recent hit against the command structure of the Hel Riders, increasing their influence on level 13.

Brasco, Karl J.: Bank/Account: Is a known user of the Intergalactic Bank of Dracul.

Hammond, Douglas P.: Injury/Violence: Was injured in the line of duty,requiring a cybernetic replacement. Bank/Account: Is a known user of the Intergalactic Bank of Dracul.

Jasstin: Bank/Account: Is a known user of the Intergalactic Bank of Dracul.

Kole, Farrin L.: Bank/Account: Is a known user of the Intergalactic Bank of Dracul.

Center Level 13: Kidnapping: Happens frequently on this level. Conspiracy: Corrupt government officials and police force. Debt: Runs rampant amongst the less fortunate people residing on this level. Violence: A regular occurance on this level especially amongst the gangs vying for control. Injury: A common occurrance on this level with delpidated building and gang violence running so rampant. Grievance/Betrayal: COrruption of the government, gangs, poor standards… yeah there is some grievance and betrayal. Crime: A popular pastime on level 13.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Consumer » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:10 am

Through the use of several Locate invocations, Mara has generalized the locations of two of Connor Taid's bodyguards. They seem to be located in an apartment building several blocks from the nightclub The Black Orchid
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Consumer » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:31 pm

Mara's Interrogation of Ripper for viewing ease:

Mara wrote:"You can trust me and the beings that are with me!

The Biker laughs. "No I can't, but then again I'm a dead man anyways. What do you want?"

Mara wrote:"What is your name?"

The biker rolls his eyes at Mara and spits a loogie out at the ground near his feet. "Always the first question with you hero types ain't it. My friends call me Ripper."

Mara wrote:"Which group are you with?"

Ripper begins to laugh again. "You all are pieces of work ain't you. What in all of Dyvall made you decide to come down to the lower levels and start shit with an obvious gang? I'm from the Tartaras Men, the baddest gang on level thirteen." The biker points to where the Blood Mage died. "And after what you all pulled your lives are running on fumes. They're gonna gut you all real good."

Mara wrote:"Do you have any weapons on you? Please remove those weapons and drop them to the ground."

Ripper nods and pulls a knife. "Yeah I got this pig sticker, not that it would hurt your tough ass hide." Ripper tosses the knife on the ground near Mara's feet.

Mara wrote:"Who was your Boss?"

Ripper snorts again. "The guy you killed over there..." Ripper says sarcastically pointing to where the Blood Mage died. "Oh you mean what was his name... Crimmnor Harsk, and you should be worried, he don't take to being killed very lightly."

Mara wrote:"Why were you destroying this market?"

"Isn't it obvious, they won't pay protection money, so we're convincing them. Don't think you little bit of heroism solved that either, they'll pay up, if they know what's good for them."

Mara wrote:"What do you use the apartment building for? Yes, the one where you met your blood mage."

Ripper smirks. "Storage."

Mara wrote:"What did that man use all those beings that we found dead and drained in the building for?"

Ripper rolls his eyes again. "Did you not notice the whole blood theme to his spell chucking... I guess you ain't exactly the rocket scientist of the group now are you."

Mara wrote:"Do you know this man?" Show him a picture of Connor Taid.

Ripper squints at the picture. "Yeah I saw him last week or so, boss wanted him, so we took him."

Mara wrote:"Where is he?"

Ripper smiles. "Don't know." Ripper again gestures to where Crimmnor Harsk was killed. "He'd of been the one to ask, but you done iced him now didn't you."
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Consumer » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:50 pm

Consumer
Game Master

Return to Galactic Rogues (5 players, 3 openings)