Rate Blackhaunt (February 1 to May 31, 2019)

The character sheets and OOC chat of the Omegas belong here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Poll ended at Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:32 pm

29%
43%
29%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes

Total votes : 7

Postby CHIMERA » Thu May 30, 2019 8:32 pm

Blackhaunt wrote:Game Master (GM)

Duties:
☞ Maintain a GM post rate at a minimum of one adventure post per week.
☞ Have the IM contact info of each player in their group.
☞ Notify all players in the group via IM or PM of new GM posts, and other important updates.
☞ Maintain your adventure notes in the GM's Cabal. (Gist: If a random GM can't pick up and run the adventure from your notes, the notes are unsatisfactory.)
☞ Be available for IM chat at least one day a week.
☞ Coordinate with the AGM regarding expected adventure dates & time-frames.
☞ Consult with AGM regarding XP awards.
☞ Directly notify AGM via PM of any expected absences in addition to the Account Status Tracker.

Rewards:
☞ GMs will be rated according to merit by their players every quadrimester.
☞ Rating will be done by players on the following schedule:
    June 1st
    October 1st
    February 1st
☞ Each is responsible for creating his rating poll on the above schedule.
☞ Players are responsible for rating the GMs within a week of the poll being posted, and posting a notice that they have voted (in the same thread.)
☞ Ratings will be conducted via poll and averaged to the nearest whole number.
☞ Players who do not vote will be removed from the average.

GM Rating Reward Table
10: You have earned 7 EP.
9: You have earned 6 EP.
8: You have earned 5 EP.
7: You have earned 4 EP.
4-6: You have earned only 2 EP, also, you're on probation.
1-3: Your position is now vacant; the group's AGM will post the availability of the group's GM position to the OOC Recruiting Thread.

Adventure Lengths:

Suggested adventure length is 9 months or less. GM's should plan accordingly.
There will be imposed no penalty for not meeting the suggested length, but players might judge their GM harshly for failing to meet expectations.
Epic adventures (those in excess of 9 months), must have unanimous player approval, and the GM's Cabal must be notified.
Primarily so we can beg, borrow, and steal ideas, :twisted: but also so that we can advise one another regarding potential pitfalls and the like.
Following each adventure abroad, the Assistant GM will run in-town adventures for the group for a 3-month period.
During this time, the GM will do what he needs to for the next adventure.

If you managed to earn yourself probation:
Your next rating must be above the probation level, or you will lose your position.

If you did not receive 100% of player votes:
In the future, A/GMs need to anticipate players potentially being unavailable during the rating period and notify players to vote regardless of status, or some other means of recording their vote. Plan ahead!
CHIMERA
Assistant Game Master

Re: Rate Blackhaunt (February 1 to May 31, 2019)

Postby CHIMERA » Thu May 30, 2019 8:32 pm

Voted.
CHIMERA
Assistant Game Master

Postby Brute » Fri May 31, 2019 5:58 am

Voted.

1) I know BH was in the tracker for part of this quad, but this was a slow quad, for reasons not entirely in his control. There were only 7 or so GM posts, so it was a struggle to meet the expected player posts per week site standard - which I worry will affect the whole group's post-rate.

Part of this was due to waiting for players who were late to post, which - while I admire the effort to ensure everyone is included - I recommend discontinuing. People have access to the tracker and should use it as they do for other games on EU, and not needlessly hold up the other players who are posting in a more timely manner. Slow players cost timely players (xp/ep, adventuring time, and patience) and shouldn't be coddled at the expense of others.

2) Downtime - The team needs some downtime between adventures - not much, but enough for the players to get paid, do some shopping, tinkering, roleplay, etc. I realize the current adventure has been a multipartite, time-sensitive one, but downtime is necessary, even if it has to be shoehorned in somewhere.

3) Requisitions - These need to be handled on a per-quad basis, as we discussed in chat. The AGM needs to go through and address requisitions not already addressed - even if it's just to deny everything. Don't leave players hanging this long.

4) The Adventure - The adventure is Excellent. I love the deep level of thought that has gone into the NPC's and the villains, and the interplay between them, that's really let us feel like Century Station and our characters are part of a larger world. The adventures (really, the meat and potatoes of any campaign) is your strong point as a GM, and the reason I love this campaign so much. 10/10 will continue indefinitely. It's just the nitpicky annoying housekeeping shit that needs to be handled.
Brute

Normal Form
AR: 0
HP: 45/45
SDC: 186/186

Monstrous Form
AR: 13
HP: 40/40
SDC: 791/846

Crystal arm SDC: -1/??
Motion detector, 20’ radius range
Predator’s hearing (+2 Initiative, 8X Normal)

Omega Suit
A.R.: 17
SDC: 84/250
Features:
1) Hyper-mimetic alloy fibers change size and molecular composition to fit wearer regardless of APS powers, shape or size changes.
2) Built-in short range encrypted radio transceiver (Omega freq only).
3) Built-in RFID transponder for C.S.P.D. verifies wearer is a Centurion to all C.S.P.D. and their precise GPS location within 20'

Draupnir
    Mind Block Auto-Defense
    +2 vs. magic; +2 vs. Horror Factor
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby CHIMERA » Fri May 31, 2019 11:18 am

Brute: Roger, I will make a better effort on acquisitions and housekeeping. In relative terms, I am still new AGM and make many mistakes, and will make others. Like this quad, I am already started on XP while usually, I waited until after the quad was over. Also, requisitions will be handled more frequently than once a quad. I won't deny something because I don't have time to review it, it will be for reason, and likely an adequate alternate requisition will be provided.

The campaign is definitely interesting and I concur that I like that it all feels tied together. There was a minor discussion on whether it constituted breaching the one adventure per quad (or is it two qauds?) rule. I just said it is more like a "campaign" with events linking it together. Keep up and sustain.

I also agree that downtime is a must. The pacing is great in adventures, but there was no downtime for the new blood to really interact sociably with the old blood. As an example even in war, there is so much downtime between battles. Boredom is something that needed to be combated often to upkeep morale. It is time to rest and recuperate as well.

Also yes don't wait on players for GM posts. I know that can sometimes leave the team undermanned but you can also NPC their actions if they are late to cover down in those cases.
CHIMERA
Assistant Game Master

Postby Spiderweb » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:25 pm

Voted

Aside from the slow general posting rate, which is not the GM's fault, I do not see much requiring comment. Perhaps a few too many NPC heroes involved...
Spiderweb
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Rook » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:53 pm

voted
Rook
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Moya » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:06 pm

Voted
HP: 156/156
SDC: 274/274
ISP: 47/51

Consistent Conditions: Mind Block Auto-Defense

Moya Thunderbird
Moya

Postby Tom Cassidy » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:48 pm

Voted. I can't bring myself to ding BH for the post rate too awful much as it just seemed to me this was a brutally slow quad for a lot of people. Myself included at times.

But aside from the lack of downtime (not that it's made much sense in Charlie's case) I have to say I'm really diggin' the setting and the hard work that BH and CHIMERA's put into it. The Omegas don't really seem like a "tacked-on" element slapped into Century Station as much as they do something that was written into the book all along. #ItsAllConnected (sorry, couldn't resist) It makes me kinda look forward to them incorporating some of the SLJ material but at the same time not so much as I also look forward to seeing more of CS itself and the various dynamics.
Tom Cassidy

Postby Augur » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:44 am

A/GM you've failed a simple task.

See here.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Augur
Admin

Return to Century Station: Characters