Bravo - Big Ol' Jet Airliner

In Century Station Operation Overlord has begun, villains beware!

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Bravo - Big Ol' Jet Airliner

Postby DARYL » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:06 pm

;)

Sentinel wrote:Ectype 2

with that thought he turns around and heads back inside to pilfer Daryl’s affects grabbing a trench coat and hat. Looking himself in the mirror he skill fully dabs up a beard out of an old used mop to cover his lower face for texture should someone brush against him. [Disguise with a bit of magic Mask of Deceit]

Sentinel finds extremely little in Daryl's room to pilfer.
Daryl does not yet own nor have:
No spare hats.
No spare trench coats.
etc.

The only items there are a single change of clean , neatly folded change of clothes on a clean neatly folded/made bed.
1 set of (socks, underwear, pants, shirt).
The clothes do not well fit Sentinel's larger body size.

Of course , no one is there to stop Sentinel form stealing/pilfering them or items from anyone else .. nor tearing the normal clothes with his super strength when they don't fit him.

Sentinel wrote: I look like a dick. he thinks satisfied inspecting himself in a mirror before heading off to the occult shop.
DARYL
Current
HP 18 / 18 - - - SDC 52 [62] - - - Personal Force Field (Off) SDC 96
  • Heightened Sense of Recall -- Has no emotions -- High MA 88% Trust -- Heightened Sense of Awareness: Doesn't usually suffer from Surprise
  • Does not mentally tire - - Body tires normally per activity , only needs 3-4 hrs of rest per day.
  • Immune to Biological brain targeted Psionics: Telepathy, Empathy, etc .. Machine AI targeted Psionics work normally: Telemechanics, etc.
  • Karmic (Super Human Lucky) Opponents get no bonuses to Strike , Parry , Dodge Daryl .. They have straight unmodified rolls only.
    Opponents Critical does normal damage to Daryl and their Death Blow only stuns him
  • Sonic Blaster Pistol 80ft Dmg:3d6Special Amo(per-clip): 20 EClips 3 / A*(20) , B (20) , C (20)
  • Stun Pistol 100ft RoF:5 Dmg:Special Amo(per-clip): 9/10
  • (2)Pepper Spray Amo:20 Range:6ft Durration:4d4mel Effect: -6Strike,Parry,Dodge
  • Omega Suit A.R.: 17 SDC: 250
  • FW-170 Air Densifier Wrist Band -- Amo: 6 -- Range 12ft -- Size 1-4ft -- RoF 2 actions each -- Duration 2 Melees
    AR 15 -- SDC 50 -- Light or Sound based attacks immune to shield pass through
  • Unless otherwise posted IC for some other use .. Daryl is always Multi-Tasking + Speed-Tasking
    and using all 'down time' to toward his self improvement studies being tracked in tinker thread .. Link .. Manifesting EP Purchases 1st Priority
DARYL
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Faraday » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:16 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 11(+3 Arcane/Supernatural)
JIC: 1d20 = 1
JIC: 1d100 = 96

Here we go, almost ready to catch up with the others. I'd hate to miss a good brawl.

Faraday makes a so-so gesture with one hand while continuing his final prep for the aircraft. "I wouldn't say exciting is the word, exactly. But I got along okay with the locals in-between trying to keep up with the interrogation and playing five million indignant questions with Mr. Roboto here. Someone missed their nap time I think. Maybe he can go catch some zees with the kids on the flight over. I've booked us a pad we can use to rendezvous with Alpha, unless you have an alternate destination in mind. Ready for wheels up in five."

A moment of pause as he seems to review some documentation and other tasks in his hud for a moment. Then he picks up again. "How about you boss? How do you feel about how that went in there?"
Faraday

Faraday Tracker
HP: 112/112
SDC: 300/300
PPE: 187/187

Natural AR: 14

Ectoplasmic Armor
Natural AR: 13 SDC: 300/300

Modern Armor/Class 4
AR: 17 SDC: 280/280

G11, Assault Rifle (HU2, GM Guide, pg 212)
    Cartridge: 4.7mm x 33mm caseless Feed: 50 round magazine
    Approx. Effective Range: 1320 ft ROF: Cyclic: 500-600/minute; Auto: 100/minute Damage: 3d6
    Special: 3 round short burst with no penalty.
Faraday
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby DARYL » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:53 pm

Rolls carried.

Faraday wrote:" I've booked us a pad we can use to rendezvous with Alpha, unless you have an alternate destination in mind. Ready for wheels up in five.""

OOC Comments
The air-craft is still locked inside an underground hanger far bellow the surface. No IC attempts have been posted to contact or schedule with the prison to taxi the air-craft back to the surface for it to be able to take off. Faraday refused to acknowledge , respond , or act on this when Daryl pointed this issue out to him earlier in the report Faraday ordered Daryl to provide him (it was Error# 110 and #111).

Perhaps Faraday might be able to use the good connection he made with Rickles. If he could arrange for item survey team to be allowed to met the air-craft at the top. That way the air-craft could start it's several minute trip to taxi back to the surface. And while it is doing that the item survey group goes to do their thing. That would reduce the net time to rejoin the other Omegas.

The alternative would take longer be to have to wait for the item survey team to return back to the hanger here, and then start the several minutes to taxi the air-craft back to the surface. That will result in a net longer time to rejoin the others.

Daryl interjects, "WiFi ordered different next process. Brute ordered, "finish up there then rendez-vous". Faraday continued refusal to carry out these orders, is inappropriate."

Turning away from Faraday and toward WiFi Daryl says, "WiFi please confirm next process stands? Survey select items with Sentinel as resident mage?"
DARYL
Current
  • Heightened Sense of Recall -- Has no emotions -- High MA 88% Trust -- Heightened Sense of Awareness: Doesn't usually suffer from Surprise
  • Does not mentally tire - - Body tires normally per activity , only needs 3-4 hrs of rest per day.
  • Immune to Biological brain targeted Psionics: Telepathy, Empathy, etc .. Machine AI targeted Psionics work normally: Telemechanics, etc.
  • Karmic (Super Human Lucky) Opponents get no bonuses to Strike , Parry , Dodge Daryl .. They have straight unmodified rolls only.
    Opponents Critical does normal damage to Daryl and their Death Blow only stuns him
  • Sonic Blaster Pistol 80ft Dmg:3d6Special Amo(per-clip): 20 EClips 3 / A*(20) , B (20) , C (20)
  • (2)Pepper Spray Amo:20 Range:6ft Durration:4d4mel Effect: -6Strike,Parry,Dodge
  • FW-170 Air Densifier Wrist Band -- Amo: 6 -- Range 12ft -- Size 1-4ft -- RoF 2 actions each -- Duration 2 Melees
  • Unless otherwise posted IC for some other use .. Daryl is always Multi-Tasking + Speed-Tasking
    and using all 'down time' to toward his self improvement studies being tracked in tinker thread .. Link .. Manifesting EP Purchases 1st Priority
DARYL
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:54 pm

GRAMERCY ISLAND
Date: Sunday, March 22nd, 2043
Time: 12:39 pm
Weather: Sunny, warm, bright (62 degrees Fahrenheit)

CHOICES MADE
Faraday can't multi-task like Daryl, but he can get things done. While waiting for the expedition group to return, and when not babysitting teens or arguing with weirdo gumshoes, he makes some headway on his search.
Headway
Circumstantially Xian Long has been in and out of Century Station over a period of several years. The real kicker though, is cross referencing the evidence list from Gramercy, it appears that gear matching his profile was confiscated when an individual named Colonel Chaos was apprehended. The timing doesn't seem possible, Colonel Chaos has been in Gramercy for years. There are major Sector 10 connections too. It all seems fishy!

The teens seem in control of the pre-flight routine, handling it with due care. Even they know why a pre-flight is important. Even on a super-jet.

Sentinel's own little expedition is enlightening to say the least. The guards response sort of makes sense: "They are manufacturing hi-tech guard robots because the human guards aren't good enough."

His alternate self affects an interesting disguise. It's good enough for an occult store though, they get all types. When the he enters a clerk who looks like a cross between Gandalf and Shaggy ambles up, "Can I help you?"

Presented with the necklace he is taken aback. "This is the genuine article. I can't tell you much more than that. I'm sorry. Here," he says, moving quickly back to the counter. He rifles around in a drawer and produces a dog-eared card. It says "Magic Appraisals" and lists a 1-800 number. But no address, website or other contact info. The clerk guy seems a little on edge.

It's a good thing Daryl thinks about a hundred billion times faster than a normal person, because he is seriously overthinking things!

McKee shakes his head at Wi-Fi's request. "No can do, you can take all the pictures you want, that database too, but keep that quiet, there's stuff here probably shouldn't be made public."

However, while all that has been going on Battletoad has been following up in the info Wi-Fi requested. As the get back to the plane she, shouts. "Wait! I got it. The holding company that owns the Young Elite's base in Ultrapolis has rented a farm just near the Fairfax neighborhood of Diego Verde! That must be their base! We have to go there! They won't know we're coming!"

What are you doing?
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master

Postby Wi-Fi » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:26 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 22
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 48

McKee shakes his head at Wi-Fi's request. "No can do, you can take all the pictures you want, that database too, but keep that quiet, there's stuff here probably shouldn't be made public."

"Can't say I'm too upset. I would be equally cautious and thanks if the fanny pack does get a tear though I would not mind a piece. Fireproof Omega suits would be nice. Send my thanks to the Warden for the time and tell him I'm grateful for all you have done. Should he or your staff need help just give the omega's or me a call." she nods acknowledging the quiet help. This would go in to her private server she would set for her own and Omega use. Just in case the Omega server and/or network went down.

Faraday makes a so-so gesture with one hand while continuing his final prep for the aircraft. "I wouldn't say exciting is the word, exactly. But I got along okay with the locals in-between trying to keep up with the interrogation and playing five million indignant questions with Mr. Roboto here. Someone missed their nap time I think. Maybe he can go catch some zees with the kids on the flight over. I've booked us a pad we can use to rendezvous with Alpha, unless you have an alternate destination in mind. Ready for wheels up in five."

"Daryl's good at what he does. I should have told him Bravo has an NCO. Alpha team doesn't so far as I know. Not Brute's leadership style. He's a little less military style than I M. I should probably adjust that a bit. One day Faraday I'll tell you about the Nest and some of its leadership.That would have cleared things up. He wasn't in the Bravo Team meeting that was my error. Daryl, You find anything interesting in that database. worth our time regarding the case? If you did find any potential Omega's not case mark them. We have a target"..she nods and looks to Battletoad.

However, while all that has been going on Battletoad has been following up in the info Wi-Fi requested. As the get back to the plane she, shouts. "Wait! I got it. The holding company that owns the Young Elite's base in Ultrapolis has rented a farm just near the Fairfax neighborhood of Diego Verde! That must be their base! We have to go there! They won't know we're coming!"

"I agree. Good find Battletoad.", looking to her fellow omega's, "What you guys think? we go and visit 'Old Mcdonold''?" she asks. It was time she lead them like Omega's and not soldiers. I'll update our fearless leader of our findings while you all finish up your research. With that Wi-Fi finds a spot to sit and radio him as privately as she could..
Radio skill: 1d100 = 13 / 98%
Radio skill: 1d100 = 23 / 98%

Radio: (Command Link direct to Brute)
"Brute we have a lead thanks to Battletoad and Spiderweb.We have a possible base for the young elite. I'll up date you via comm and computer uploaded. It's your call on how we deploy. I do like the element of surprise." she uploads the address found by battletoad.

Radio:
"Alpha, we're done here plenty of good stuff to report post mission. Interrogation went well. Brute..whats your call?" she asked careful not to blab and start more chaos chooses to send some of the data directly to him.
Last edited by Wi-Fi on Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
OOC Comments
Wi-Fi's character sheet
[OOC]bonuses in green apply only when Force aura is active.
PPE: 15
ISP: 130/140
HP: 30 (34 with aura)
SDC: 47 (260)

Swarm status: 5 (all healthy)
SDC: 50/50/50/50/50

TRS-13
SDC: 50
AR: 6

Shock Gloves:
• Range: Melee
• Damage: None. This gloves discharge an energy charge that short circuits the nervous system. Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry and dodge for 2d4 melee rounds.
A successful saving throw means the person has successfully fought off the effect and is unimpaired. Roll to save against each strike. Saving throw versus toxins.
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only, five shots total per melee
• Payload: 10/10 shots per charge (no clip)
[/OOC]
Wi-Fi

Postby Spiderweb » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:07 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 14
Initiative: 1d20 = 13
JIC: 1d20 = 14
JIC%: 1d100 = 46

Barney says to Battletoad, "Excellent work. If you have a moment for a private discussion, I would like to ask you something. Earlier you made a statement about thinking you should know Anansi the Spider. From the way you made the statement, it would seem to imply that you yourself are a demigod or godling. I study anthropology and sociology, learning first...or even second...hand about beings generally considered mythical is an opportunity that is hard to resist. Which Pantheon are you related to?"

We will be in transit for at least a few minutes, it should be a good time for the discussion.
Spiderweb
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Wi-Fi » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:23 pm

DARYL wrote:Rolls carried
Wi-Fi wrote:as they neared the plane. It was in one piece as she entered

"Faraday, Daryyl Sentinel..Any thing exciting happen while I was out?" she asked with smile.

Daryl replies calmly/casually , "Craft hanger exit procedure unknown. Faraday not follow WiFi orders. Faraday not follow Brute order sequence. Faraday oppose Daryl attempts comply WiFi orders. Faraday oppose Daryl attempts comply Brute order sequence. Will WiFi over-rule Faraday opposition? Ordered prison data survey complete. WiFi review survey?"

Faraday is doing his job ensuring flight prep is done before we fly. I am sure you have all we need. Plenty of recruits here. Lets hope our junior team is good. I am hoping we get some mystically inclined recruits. Magic seems to be on the rise lately. Should you need to visit here again for questions we can try and arrange that." the mutant paused reading entries on Harrier and runnaway as well as others that had a focus on more exoctic arts both magic and tech.

"Nice finds we will do a short list soon as we can make time." she adds reading his work. "Very detailed and well researched."
OOC Comments
Wi-Fi's character sheet

TRS-13

Shock Gloves:
• Damage: None. This gloves discharge an energy charge that short circuits the nervous system. Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry and dodge for 2d4 melee rounds.
A successful saving throw means the person has successfully fought off the effect and is unimpaired. Roll to save against each strike. Saving throw versus toxins.
[/OOC]
Wi-Fi

Postby DARYL » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:48 pm

Perception: 1d20+15 = 29
JIC: 1d20 = 18 , 1d100 = 89

WiFI wrote:Daryl, You find anything interesting in that database. worth our time regarding the case?

Daryl replies:
"Fourteen potential Omega inmates. Pending surveys.
Potential Magmite accomplice. Pending survey external scene.
41 Inmates confirmed connect The Order. Pending surveys.
6 Inmates unconfirmed connect The Order. Pending surveys.
9 prison evidence items suspect from The Order. Pending surveys.
Potential Magmite mimetic fabric supplier. Pending sample match.
Young Elite encrypted communicator in prison evidence. Pending break encrypt. Pending source id.

WiFi, please confirm distribution.
Go Survey items with Sentinel as resident mage ?
Go Old Mcdonold ?
Go Brute? "
DARYL
Current
DARYL
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Brute » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:59 am

Brute replies via com: "Wi-Fi, this is Brute. Belay my last order and deploy to the address in Diego Verde when ready. Good work and stay safe. Brute out."
Brute

Normal Form
AR: 0
HP: 37/37
SDC: 59/59

Monstrous Form
AR: 13
HP: 36/36
SDC: 504/504

Motion detector, 20’ radius range
Predator’s hearing (+2 Initiative, 8X Normal)

Omega Suit
A.R.: 17
SDC: 250/250
Features:
1) Hyper-mimetic alloy fibers change size and molecular composition to fit wearer regardless of APS powers, shape or size changes.
2) Built-in short range encrypted radio transceiver (Omega freq only).
3) Built-in RFID transponder for C.S.P.D. verifies wearer is a Centurion to all C.S.P.D. and their precise GPS location within 20'
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Faraday » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:11 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 4(+3 Arcane/Supernatural)
JIC: 1d20 = 7
JIC: 1d100 = 13

OOC Comments
I'm assuming the revision to our destination is given on open channel and not the command channel, if I've misinterpreted then Faraday will instead act as soon as he is made aware.

Faraday hears the revision of their destination and a few moments later begins plotting and booking a revised flight plan. "Anyone have any information about our destination other than it's affiliation with our targets? Those of you not flying the plane, please try come up with something. We don't have long to decide how we want to do this." he says as he goes through new flightplan. "Some imagery at least would be nice. Something to make sure we land on the right lawn. Anything more than that would help us plan."

Skill checks
Navigation: Terran: 1d100 = 47/102

Once the flight plan is done he calls over his shoulder. "Confirm all hands aboard boss? Assuming he gets a positive response he keys his mic and speaks to Gramercy control. "Gramercy Control, Omega Bravo One requesting taxi and departure." he says as he finishes his last few pre-flight items.

"So Boss, what are you thinking regarding this new secondary target? If it is their team field HQ I can't imagine it not having some kind of security. You want to run a bit of recon on them first? Or fast and heavy right out of the gate?"

Here is hoping someone is home when we come knocking! I'd like to get my hands one some of those bounty payouts.
Faraday

Faraday Tracker

Ectoplasmic Armor

Modern Armor/Class 4

Approx. Effective Range: 1320 ft ROF: Cyclic: 500-600/minute; Auto: 100/minute Damage: 3d6
Faraday
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Spiderweb » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:05 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 18
Initiative: 1d20 = 1
JIC: 1d20 = 4
JIC%: 1d100 = 32

Barney looks up from his conversation with Battletoad, "We probably should check the area for the nearest airfield and land there, airplanes landing at airfields is less suspicious. Once landed we probably should quietly recon the place before approaching."

Faraday is right that flying the plane in directly does not seem the best strategy.
Spiderweb
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Wi-Fi » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:39 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 9
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 43
Brute replies via com: "Wi-Fi, this is Brute. Belay my last order and deploy to the address in Diego Verde when ready. Good work and stay safe. Brute out."

"Bravo here, understood, and you stay safe too." she answered carefully trying to sound professional but had a bit of concern. This leadership thing is going to be tough. I hope he is careful. she thought herself before addressing Darryl.

"Fourteen potential Omega inmates. Pending surveys.
Potential Magmite accomplice. Pending survey external scene.
41 Inmates confirmed connect The Order. Pending surveys.
6 Inmates unconfirmed connect The Order. Pending surveys.
9 prison evidence items suspect from The Order. Pending surveys.
Potential Magmite mimetic fabric supplier. Pending sample match.
Young Elite encrypted communicator in prison evidence. Pending break encrypt. Pending source id.

WiFi, please confirm distribution.
Go Old Mcdonold ?
Go Brute? "

"Nice, we will arrange a time to meet and look into the potential Omega's. As for the inmates..a little leg work and co-operation with the officials will get some time with them. Evidence will be restricted to files..possibly my Telemechanics or the spells of resident mage should the warden and security chief allow us. Now Magmites Mimetic supplier...is something we can dig into. I can handle a Magma proof outfit in the field. probably won't stop heat...but flame proof or resistant is achievable. and that comm beacon is something I should get near since I can remotely see it.Good work, Darryl. We can check the Supplier and items With Sentinel after the raid. Sentinel I'm guessing you have some experiences in mages and magic items that should help make that easy." she nods pleased looking to Sentinel.

"So Boss, what are you thinking regarding this new secondary target? If it is their team field HQ I can't imagine it not having some kind of security. You want to run a bit of recon on them first? Or fast and heavy right out of the gate?"

Barney looks up from his conversation with Battletoad, "We probably should check the area for the nearest airfield and land there, airplanes landing at airfields is less suspicious. Once landed we probably should quietly recon the place before approaching."

"Agreed," she answered, "Spaceman and some of our flyers can scout once we arrive on site." She was pleased with team's effort.

"Anyone have any information about our destination other than it's affiliation with our targets? Those of you not flying the plane, please try come up with something. We don't have long to decide how we want to do this." he says as he goes through new flightplan. "Some imagery at least would be nice. Something to make sure we land on the right lawn. Anything more than that would help us plan."

"I'll get on Google earth and see what the place looks like. Hell, I managed to get more intelligence out of youtube. A map will be possible. I expect they did upgrade security.but the lay out should be the same for the most part. Rental and online realtors should have a floor-plan at least." she took a seat and started to log on Google earth and searched the place in the rental ads for any map. her check was starting fine but how it would end was a surprise.

Skill:
Computer Operation -- 1d100 = 22/ 94%
Computer Operation -- 1d100 = 76/ 98%
OOC Comments
Wi-Fi's character sheet

TRS-13

Shock Gloves:
[/OOC]
Wi-Fi

Postby Faraday » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:26 am

[Rolls Held]

Faraday nods to Barney and Wi-Fi both. "Excellent. I'll adjust and arrange ramp space at the nearest airport. Though I am not sure how far that will be in Diego Verde. It might put us a bit farther out. And we won't have ground transportation, though perhaps we can put some rentals on the city tab? Mmm. Worth considering. If Alpha team gets into some action soon I'd like to be on site when it happens in case this team piles out or reacts in some other way. So ... we are kind of time sensitive here enough to justify it."

I've missed flying, now that I'm doing it. I should build us something to use in the Omegas. I'm not going to want to give this up.
Faraday

Faraday Tracker

Ectoplasmic Armor

Modern Armor/Class 4

Faraday
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Wi-Fi » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:53 am

"Excellent. I'll adjust and arrange ramp space at the nearest airport. Though I am not sure how far that will be in Diego Verde.

"Do what you can. try and get us reasonably close. We have flyers and a teleporter. We should be able to get there easily. I wean to surprise them a best we can given they expect us to show." responds thoughtfully. Faraday and Spiderweb were right they needed to be in range but not right top. That would just announce there presence.

And we won't have ground transportation, though perhaps we can put some rentals on the city tab? Mmm. Worth considering.

"Ground travel won't be problem. If we need the city has provided it for us in the past a t no charge. This case is no different. Old Mcdonold's Farm won't see us land." the mutant responds with a nod. "And Daryl Old mcDonold is a farmer in a song." she grins.

If Alpha team gets into some action soon I'd like to be on site when it happens in case this team piles out or reacts in some other way. So ... we are kind of time sensitive here enough to justify it.

"Agree, Once we hit ground Darryl, Sentinel, Spaceman and 2-3 others selected by Battle toad will start a scout while the rest make our way preparations and way there. Basic plan is to take them down and if there is an operable portal intact to capture it and to rescue the captured the ultra Force Member." she states clearly.

"Any questions, concerns or Ideas to add to plan speak now..Ultra Force, you know are targets better any advice you can give would be welcomes." Wi-Fi looked to the collected heroes gathered.
OOC Comments
Wi-Fi's character sheet

TRS-13

Shock Gloves:
[/OOC]
Wi-Fi

Postby Spiderweb » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:37 pm

(Rolls Held over)
Barney offerss, "Unless someone else here can see the Invisible and see in pitch darkness, I probably should go with the scouts."

He can loan the dark sight with his spear, but not the seeing of the invisible.
Spiderweb
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Wi-Fi » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:27 pm

Spiderweb wrote:(Rolls Held over)
Barney offerss, "Unless someone else here can see the Invisible and see in pitch darkness, I probably should go with the scouts."

He can loan the dark sight with his spear, but not the seeing of the invisible.

"Sounds good to me. Your a go, Spider. That is three Omegas.." she nodded. It made sense and having him there meant he could add a second force field.
OOC Comments
Wi-Fi's character sheet

TRS-13

Shock Gloves:
[/OOC]
Wi-Fi

Postby Faraday » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:07 pm

[Rolls Held]

Faraday considers for a moment as he waits for approval for departure. "What are the security requirements for the Ultrajet? Can we arrange for an unpowered security team to meet us and take possession of the jet so it isn't unattended?"

It wouldn't do to let our toys fall into the wrong hands.
Faraday

Faraday Tracker

Ectoplasmic Armor

Modern Armor/Class 4

Faraday
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby DARYL » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:24 am

Rolls Carried

DARYL wrote:WiFi, please confirm distribution.
Go Old Mcdonold ?
Go Brute? "

Daryl listens to the responses, but does not comment.

Distribution confirmed. 100% Old McDonald.

Daryl listens as the plans for deployment on the scene begin.
All of this planning seems out of sequence. It is more efficient use of time if planning were done during the required waiting period. We need to contact the prison to schedule this air craft to get back to surface. Assuming the prison has no delays, just like when we came in, it will take several minutes just to get back to the surface. Once at the surface there will be additional required waiting while in transit.

Daryl suggests to WiFi, "Suggest, contact prison , initiate our release. Plan during minutes to surface. Plan during transit."
DARYL
Current
DARYL
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Wi-Fi » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:15 pm

"Right, we may as well take off. I'm not used a plane as a base of operations." she buckles in and continues her searches. This is Something Wi-Fi could used too. The big sell would be convincing the director to get the cash and access. Perhaps if they get lucky and swipe another from a villain or a Black market plane that was "seized" and put to better use. She would need to go to a Police auction and look there. They tons of stuff if you didn't mind bullet holes and secret compartments. Many Vigilante groups had 'previously used' and 'borrowed' goods to save cost. Wi-Fi was curious how this report would look to her boss. The Ultra's were pretty quiet to her considering she expected more trouble. It was likely putting Battletoad in a lead role and treating them like any other team that was the key.

"If I may ask you guys, she looks to the Ultra's, What exactly are we up against ere. You faced young elites and know more about the Uber than I do. Any thing you have done that works well against them?" she asks as she types to all the Ultra's.
OOC Comments
Wi-Fi's character sheet

TRS-13

Shock Gloves:
[/OOC]
Wi-Fi

Postby Sentinel » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:13 pm

Sentinel
Location: Gramercy Tarmac/Hanger moving through prison with Guard.

Yellow Dragon
OOC Comments
Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin,English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu
P.P.E.: 154/154 | H.P.: N/A | M.D.C.: 434 /434 AR: 16
Spell reference at this Link

Conditions: Immune to Magic, Illusions, Possession, Poison, Drugs, Gases, and Disease. Does not tire. Half damage from Cold. Radiates no heat and is invisible to infrared and heat sensors. Immune to pressure; solid stone. Regenerates 2d6 MDC/Melee

Sense of Balance -- 96%/1d100 = 78
Prowl 80% /1d100 = 36
Surveillance Systems 80% /1d100 = 92
Read Sensory Equipment 75% /1d100 = 61
Radio Basic 70% / 1d100 = 100
Radio Basic 70% / 1d100 = 13
Weapon Systems 85% /1d100 = 31
Detect Ambush 75% /1d100 = 75
Intelligence 74% /1d100 = 27
Computer Programming 75% /1d100 = 58
Robot Electronics 75% /1d100 = 76
Electrical Engineer 75% /1d100 = 25
Robot Mechanics 70% /1d100 = 10
Mechanical Engineer 70% /1d100 = 60

Casts: Domination (Level 5) RUE pg. 207 Domination (Level 5) RUE pg. 207 Duration: 45 min/lvl Range: Touch or within 4 ft. P.P.E.: 10 Saving Throw: Standard.

OOC Comments
Domination is another trance-like enchantment that enables the spell caster to impose his will over his victim's, forcing the individual to do his bidding. The victim of Domination appears to act oddly, dazed, confused, slow and unfriendly (ignoring friends, etc.). The enchanted character has one goal, to fulfill the commands of the spell caster. Under the enchantment of Domination, the character's alignment does not apply. He will steal, lie, assist in crimes, kidnap, betray friends, reveal secrets and so on. The victim is under the (almost) complete control of the spell caster. The only things the bewitched victim will not do are commit suicide, inflict self-harm, or kill a friend or loved one. A good aligned character, Principled, Scrupulous and even Unprincipled, can not be made to kill anybody; it is too deeply against their alignment. Note: The enchanted person is not himself and suffers the following penalties. Attacks per melee round are half, speed is half, all skills are half their usual proficiency, speech is slow, and the person seems distracted or a little dazed.
A successful saving throw versus magic means the magic has no effect. The character is 100% his normal self. The effects of the Domination magic cannot be faked. Can not affect a person inside environmental M.D.C. body armor, power armor, robots, or vehicles.

Condition: 9 minutes duration Invisibility (Superior) (Level 7) RUE pg 213
OOC Comments
Range: Self or one other by touch.
Duration: 3 min/lvl.
Saving Throw: None.
P.P.E.: 20
A powerful incantation that makes the spell caster invisible to all means of detection. Ordinary vision, infrared, ultraviolet and other optics, heat, motion detectors, and even an animal's sense of smell, can NOT locate the invisible person. No footprints are made, and little sound (prowls at 84%). The magic is broken only if the character makes a hostile move, or engages in combat/attacks. At that instant, he becomes completely visible. Note: The invisible character is not ethereal and can not walk through walls: he must still use a door. The act of forcing open a door or window, picking a lock, tapping somebody, accidentally bumping somebody, or accidentally getting shot or hurt, is not considered an act of aggression or combat, so invisibility is maintained.

Perception: 1d20+1 = 5(another +3 for arcane)
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 20/ D100 JiC: / 1d100 = 38

Machine guards? Iron Golems in their own right I suppose. he thinks pondering the mechanics revelations. He continues moving towards the lockers and security center with the guard leading the way. ”Any idea how many? Keep taking me to the evidence lockers." sentinel asks in-between instructions to the guard.

This is a serious operation. There could be an army down here and no better place than a prison to build a secret army. No outside eyes and visitation restrictions. he thinks as they move through the fabrication zones.

Being alone for so long Sentinel forgot what it was like to work with others. Working with ectypes that know exactly what you want and approximate locations lends itself to complacency. Listening to the comms chatter picking up reminds Sentinel of this and he realizes perhaps he should say what he has been up too.
Establishing his secure comms channels he begins, *click click click* Hello, B group. Hello there I am with Guard….one moment…what’s your name?...I am with Guard “name” on my way to the lockers. I don’t know if you care, but the fine facility crafts impressive robot guards. Guard “name” said it’s because humans are not good enough. Amazing isn’t it. They are making robot Golems. Anyhow we should be at the lockers soon. I will let you know when I arrive. Bye…Sentinel out." he cuts off his transmission leaving only the sound of white static.
Yellow Dragon
OOC Comments
Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin,English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu
P.P.E.: 154/154 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 434/434 AR: 16
Ectype 1
Ectype P.P.E.: 154/154 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 434/434 Equipment: Mobile Compact Computer/ HUD interface, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 2
Ectype P.P.E.: 154/154 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 434/434 Equipment: Robot Repair Kit with sophisticated tools, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 3
Ectype P.P.E.: 154/154 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 434/434 Weapon: 40mm MM-1 Multiple Grenade Launcher Equipment: Neckband Radio/ID transponders

ImageImage
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Sentinel » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:30 pm

Ectype 2

Yellow Dragon
OOC Comments

Conditions: Immune to Magic, Illusions, Possession, Poison, Drugs, Gases, and Disease. Does not tire. Half damage from Cold. Radiates no heat and is invisible to infrared and heat sensors. Immune to pressure; solid stone. Regenerates 2d6 MDC/Melee

Spell Condition:

Research 65%/ 1d100 = 4
Research 65%/ 1d100 = 10
Research 65% / 1d100 = 45
Anthropology 70%/ 1d100 = 96
Archaeology: 65%/ 1d100 = 23
Literacy 163% / 1d100 = 10
Disguise 70%/ 1d100 = 25
-Impersonation Regional -- 78% Middle aged man/ 1d100 = 90
Disguise 70%/ 1d100 = 2
Impersonation Regional -- 78% Middle aged man/ 1d100 = 47

Perception: 1d20+1 = 5(another +3 for arcane)
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 4/ D100 JiC: / 1d100 = 25

Spells:
Mask of Deceit (Level 6) RUE pg. 210
OOC Comments
Range: Self.
Duration: 10 min./lvl
Saving Throw: Everyone who encounters the disguised character gets a save vs magic, but is -4 to succeed. A successful save means the true features are seen, not the mask. However, those who don't really pay attention or care who the character might be, are automatically fooled by the deception (no chance to save).
P.P.E.: 15
A useful tool for deception, it magically creates an illusionary mask over the spell caster's own facial features. Age, gender, skin color, hair, hair length, and specific features are composed with thought. However, the magic is limited to facial features and does not apply to any other part of the body. The mage can attempt to imitate a specific person's face, but has a mere 20%+5% chance per level of experience. If the character has the Disguise skill, use that base skill instead.

Sentinel looks over the cards and back to the attendant. Looking around and having a possible lead to answering what the necklace was and learning more about magic he realizes there is more around him in the shop that could be of future use. ”Many thanks for this information. What do you exactly have here in the shop? Do you have any books on magic? You know lore and whatever, spells and such. Real books, not fiction?” he asks not wanting to be overly specific in his inquiry except for one that began to tickle his mind, "Do you have anything on demons and angels? What is it called? It would be on the tip of my tongue if I had one." he says in jest with no context for the likely confused attendant that he was a golem. "Ariel?" he says slowly as it was coming to mind.

Watching the attendant waiting for an answer Sentinel notices his apprehension. ”Is there something I should know? he asks.

Barring anything to be had further at the shop, Sentinel calls the number, "Hello, I was lead to believe you can help? Where can I find you?" he asks.
Last edited by Sentinel on Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yellow Dragon
OOC Comments
Ectype 1
Ectype P.P.E.: 154/154 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 434/434 Equipment: Mobile Compact Computer/ HUD interface, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 2
Ectype P.P.E.: 154/154 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 434/434 Equipment: Robot Repair Kit with sophisticated tools, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 3
Ectype P.P.E.: 154/154 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 434/434 Weapon: 40mm MM-1 Multiple Grenade Launcher Equipment: Neckband Radio/ID transponders

ImageImage
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Sentinel » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:49 pm

Ectype 3
On the plane with Team.

Yellow Dragon
OOC Comments

Perception: 1d20+1 = 15(another +3 for arcane)
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 13/ D100 JiC: / 1d100 = 36 Jet Fighters 82% /1d100 = 77

Intelligence 74%/ 1d100 = 9
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 50% / 1d100 = 2 [Almost a critical?]

Spells:

The extype didn’t find anything that revealed Sentinel’s intentions, but he could feel him no longer at the jet. He was somewhere in the prison. Determining the nature of the subterfuge the extypes thoughts were interrupted but his team leader Wi-fi,

Wi-Fi wrote:"Nice, we will arrange a time to meet and look into the potential Omega's. As for the inmates..a little leg work and co-operation with the officials will get some time with them. Evidence will be restricted to files..possibly my Telemechanics or the spells of resident mage should the warden and security chief allow us. Now Magmites Mimetic supplier...is something we can dig into. I can handle a Magma proof outfit in the field. probably won't stop heat...but flame proof or resistant is achievable. and that comm beacon is something I should get near since I can remotely see it.Good work, Darryl. We can check the Supplier and items With Sentinel after the raid. Sentinel I'm guessing you have some experiences in mages and magic items that should help make that easy." she nods pleased looking to Sentinel.

”Ms. Wi-fi, I can certainly take a look. he answers her eager for the possibility of magic. I don’t know if I will learn anything but I guess you can say I know just enough to be “dangerous” and this might help with that. he thinks with a dismissing shrug.

Sentinel wrote:Sentinel
*click click click* Hello, B group. Hello there I am with Guard….one moment…what’s your name?...I am with Guard “name” on my way to the lockers. I don’t know if you care, but the fine facility crafts impressive robot guards. Guard “name” said it’s because humans are not good enough. Amazing isn’t it. They are making robot Golems. Anyhow we should be at the lockers soon. I will let you know when I arrive. Bye…Sentinel out." he cuts off his transmission leaving only the sound of white static.

Sentinel looks over his shoulder after the transmission feeling as if he were cringing from his head to his toes in anticipation of their reactions. ”Heh, he he.” he manages a chuckle. ”I just realized he was gone myself.” he says offering up the plea.
Yellow Dragon
OOC Comments
Ectype 1
Ectype 2
Ectype 3

ImageImage
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:22 am

GRAMERCY ISLAND
Date: Sunday, March 22nd, 2043
Time: 12:50 pm
Weather: Sunny, warm, bright (62 degrees Fahrenheit)

THE LAST ON BREAKING UP
Battletoad's face moves into what is probably a smile and she says, "Why yes, once we're airborne, I'd be happy to talk about it. Perhaps you'll tell a little bit about that spear and your connection Anansi" Once settled down Battletoad begins to describe her history, and it lives up to most divine origins. "Generally, you would describe us as the Greek pantheon,[/b} she says pausing fo it to sink in. [b]"My mother is the goddess Nereid and she is the queen of the underwater queendom Thonis. My father is the Eternal Soldier, he's mortal. Mom's parents are Zues and Amphirite. As I'm sure you know, Poseidon was at the time married to to Ampririte, so that was kind of scandalous."

Faraday, hooked into the command channel as Wi-Fi's second in command is privy to the conversations and able to react quickly. All his preparations go smoothly and the luxury jet is ready to roll. Gramercy control responds, "Roger Omegas, you are clear to taxi, it will take a few minutes for the lid to open, so sit tight on the landing pad. Taxi to take off positions as soon as your ready."

Wi-Fi easily pulls up a map of the farm. It's only an acre, fenced, with a small orchard, some livestock and a large garden. There is a small fallow field on one end of the property. It is bordered on three sides by roads, and on one side by another property of similar size, but it is far more wooded and less developed. The latest real estate sales information includes a rough floor plan, but it doesn't have dimensions and probably isn't to scale (oh the horror of a plan that is not to scale!).

A brief look for airports in Diego Verde reveals that there are non per se, but a large estate about 3 miles away has a helipad. There is another pastureland that has lots of wide open green grass and a more than a few sheep about 2 miles away.

Battletoad interrupts her discussion with Webs to address Faraday's concerns. "The Ultrajet will be plenty secure if we activate all the lock-down procedures. We did not to that at the Omega Base, which is why your teammates were able to access the interior so easily."

Sentinel is starting to reach the limit of his guide's knowledge. "I don't know how many, they take a long time to build. It's not like the movies."

The golem reaches the hangar (he must cross through to get to the lockers) and sees the Ultrajet on the landing platform, warning lights lit up. His pilot training is enough to allow him to know that these lights mean take of is imminent. The guard introduces himself as Fredrick Williamsburg.

---

In the shop, the attendant is responsive if still a little nervous. "We only carry the sort of layman books on the Craft here. If you don't know, magic is one of the more feared abilities and we try to weed out the people who would do us harm. More than a few of the real practitioner have been persecuted, harassed or even killed by hate filled zealots. I would not tell you this if you had not brought the necklace, but I'm afraid of you for some reason." He pauses and writes an address on a piece of paper. He hands it to Sentinel, "You will find more things of power here."

When he calls the number, he is greeted with a scratchy recording: "Please leave your name, number and brief (I do mean brief) description of the Item. I will return your call within one revolution."

What are you doing?
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master

Postby Faraday » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:16 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 21(+3 Arcane/Supernatural)
JIC: 1d20 = 15
JIC: 1d100 = 97

Faraday leans back in his seat seemingly deem in thought as he waits for taxi approval from Gramercy Control. Towards Darryl he waves a mollifying hand. "Way ahead of you. I put in that request some time ago." he says, though he seems mildly distracted. Meanwhile he briefly acknowledges Gramercy Control, giving a nod to Wi-Fi. "Should be just a few minutes more before we can taxi. However there aren't any airports in the area. There are some fields and the like nearby however I'm not sure what the surface requirements are for this bird or her landing gear. Conventional aircraft gear off a sufficiently sturdy surface can sink straight into the dirt over just a few minutes because of the amount of weight that is put on them. Unless this bird has special gear for roughing it we may be looking at needing to put some distance between us and our target. Or I can try and slide in close and hover while the team drops."

The conversation with Battletoad wherein the young Ultra reveals their divine origins however snags Faraday's attention and holds it with some tenacity. He turns and stands, leaning on the open doorway of the cockpit to give some more focused attention to it though he doesn't speak immediately. Somehow hearing Battletoad speak casually about his connections to his divine relatives strikes a deep chord inside of Faraday and his long belief that he is of like descent. Deep pangs of jealousy and sorrow run through Faraday that don't show in his mien or bearing.

Is he like me, then? Am I like him? Or am I something else? And if we are the same, then, how and why have they taken him in straight to their bosom while I am bereft of kin and wander this meaningless world? As if this pup is more worthy than I. I must know more. Perhaps ... perhaps his kin could help me find my own?

"I grow ever increasingly curious about both your relatives and this kingdom of Thonis. Perhaps you would be willing to arrange a visit? Or an introduction? On downtime of course. Regardless it seems quite the interesting tale. And this bird is yours. If you are willing to trust the automated security systems I suppose that is your call." he says, a wry tone entering his voice towards the end.
Faraday

Faraday Tracker

Ectoplasmic Armor

Modern Armor/Class 4

Faraday
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby DARYL » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:24 pm

Perception: 1d20+15 = 28
JIC: 1d20 = 20 , 1d100 = 52

Faraday wrote:Towards Darryl he waves

Seeing Faraday wave at him , Daryl waves back with a smile.

During the trip Daryl sits quietly Multi-Tasking/Speed-Tasking
#1> Consider / process the recent variant 'command structure' behavior data.
#2> Self Improvement
#3> 1/2 thinking about a 3rd = stay aware of conditions around him.

How does a system function when peripherals countermand the CPU ? In which case is it even still actually a CPU ? How does a system function when applications countermand the OS ? In which case is it even still actually an OS ? How does code successfully execute when not executed in the prescribed sequence ? Why prescribe a sequence if alternate sequences are valid ? When 2 comes before 1 , is it still 2? Could math still function if the sequence of the numbers is variable ?
DARYL
Current
DARYL
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Faraday » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:27 pm

[Rolls Held]

As Faraday waits for further response from the others he goes back to managing some of his data searches, managing to continue the search (now that the pre-flight is all completed) and follow the conversations in the room without seeming to be unduly distracted. "I'd also like a chance to learn from any technology Thonis might be willing to share or sell. Or provide in exchange for a suitable service. I am always interested in pushing the boundaries of my knowledge. Ah, and to that effect Wi-Fi, I'm ... without wanting to seem arrogant about it, a fairly quick study at whatever I turn my hand towards. If we need more, ah, mystical skills I could start studying up. Shouldn't take long to get the basics down at the very least. I'll head into town and look for some books or even a tutor the next time we have some down time. Perhaps Thonis could be useful there as well?"

Century Station it is, old friend? Excellent. I shall have to find you before you find me, most assuredly.

Investigation
If the indications present lead to a belief that Xian Long is intermittently active in Century Station then Faraday assumes he will be both active in the Chinese Community, Organized Crime, and the Occult Underground (Big Trouble In Little China here I come!). Faraday will continue to follow-up his initial data searches with evaluation of different groups in said communities for signs of activities which would overlap with Xian Long's habits/predispositions and magical practices. If there are any known criminal elements that begin to fit the profile he will attempt to identify either locations or people that are associated with them as initial points of further investigation.

Computer Operation: 1d100 = 76/92
Computer Operation: 1d100 = 48/92
Computer Operation: 1d100 = 51/92

Intelligence: 1d100 = 59/80
Intelligence: 1d100 = 96/80
Intelligence: 1d100 = 55/80

Find Contraband & Illegal Weapons: 1d100 = 75/68
Find Contraband & Illegal Weapons: 1d100 = 47/68
Find Contraband & Illegal Weapons: 1d100 = 54/68

Anthropology: 1d100 = 100/77
Anthropology: 1d100 = 59/77
Anthropology: 1d100 = 50/77

Next Faraday will begin to compile a general dossier on Colonel Chaos, the circumstances of his capture, and the legal case surrounding it if any exists. This which highlight possible connections to Xian Long will be paid particular attention to. If a dossier exists with law enforcement, the Omegas, or The Sector he will see if he has access to it but will not lodge an official request at this time if he doesn't. If there are any known associations with Colonel Chaos Faraday will attempt to similarly build / find a profile for them and their current whereabouts. Do the items that were confiscated with Colonel Chaos indicate anything meaningful regarding Xian Long's current activities?

Computer Operation: 1d100 = 58/92
Computer Operation: 1d100 = 86/92
Computer Operation: 1d100 = 33/92

Intelligence: 1d100 = 16/80
Intelligence: 1d100 = 1/80
Intelligence: 1d100 = 58/80

Find Contraband & Illegal Weapons: 1d100 = 45/68
Find Contraband & Illegal Weapons: 1d100 = 42/68
Find Contraband & Illegal Weapons: 1d100 = 9/68

The Sector's involvement (being Faraday's previous employer) is something which catches his attention. Yet given the nature of the 'The Agency' he isn't surprised that they were doing something he didn't know about. Some oblique data searching and tangential conversations with his contacts there may or may not be productive. Besides he still has projects in the works with them and it has been a couple of days since he last made contact.

Computer Operation: 1d100 = 100/92
Computer Operation: 1d100 = 34/92
Computer Operation: 1d100 = 15/92

Intelligence: 1d100 = 92/80
Intelligence: 1d100 = 8/80
Intelligence: 1d100 = 3/80

Faraday will also begin a basic evaluation of the local online occult scene and search for any serious contacts that can be made there and if this is productive search for local magical scenes/locales that the serious/genuine magical types might frequent.

Computer Operation: 1d100 = 51/92
Computer Operation: 1d100 = 35/92
Computer Operation: 1d100 = 67/92

Intelligence: 1d100 = 85/80
Intelligence: 1d100 = 75/80
Intelligence: 1d100 = 37/80

Find Contraband & Illegal Weapons: 1d100 = 17/68
Find Contraband & Illegal Weapons: 1d100 = 5/68
Find Contraband & Illegal Weapons: 1d100 = 4/68

Anthropology: 1d100 = 43/77
Anthropology: 1d100 = 42/77
Anthropology: 1d100 = 42/77

Meanwhile as he works Faraday sends a message to his primary Sector contact.

Email
Amanda,

Quite a busy first couple of days here with the Omegas. Active on a mission at current. There doesn't seem to be any set schedule with their activities. They are more in a state of continuous response. Let's schedule a tentative meeting to discuss the current status of Project ANNA and anything else you'd like my further involvement in to occur once this mission concludes. Don't forget ANNA is my baby and I want to be there when she comes online. Edwards isn't getting the credit for my designs just because I'm working off campus now. Besides he is a moron and everyone knows it. As if anyone would believe he could have designed anything meaningful in her self organizing nodal architecture or fractal association matrix. The very thought makes me laugh. You can tell him I said so. And to get back to work coding the module components I laid out for him to do.

By the way. I really miss seeing you bend over a workbench and pretend to work on something. Dinner? My place?
Rick
Faraday

Faraday Tracker

Ectoplasmic Armor

Modern Armor/Class 4

Faraday
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Wi-Fi » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:04 am

"Good to know I have a team with skills. I'm certain once we get better organized and go through that list of potential omega's Daryl found or magical deficiencies will be solved. If you want to though I won't stop you from studying, Faraday. We will certainly visit the mystical side of things again. Its far too common for my liking. We took on a spider 'goddess' and after the raid we have planned..I suspect the Order will not be very fond of us. Speaking of mystical..We should get our Mage back to the plane and be ready to launch." Wi-Fi adds looking slightly concerned. Last thing we need is the warden on or list of enemies..he could potentially useful to me and the team. she thought herself. Alliances of various types would be a good way to get things done. As influential as the director could be nothing beat good old fashion favors and having friends in the right places.

"Sentinel, we are lifting off soon if you could return your duplicate to the plane that would nice. We will be visiting here again for a number of reasons." she speaks to Sentinel calmly. He would be interesting one to keep tabs on. Creative and bright are good traits properly cultured. Brute probably had similar concerns about her. The bulk of her team were highly ambitious and that make the efforts far more spectacular. 'Brute, I will get you back for this.' grinned as she thought to herself. It was interesting to note they made robots here..something to look into later.
OOC Comments
Wi-Fi's character sheet

TRS-13

Shock Gloves:
[/OOC]
Wi-Fi

Postby Spiderweb » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:01 pm

(Rolls held over)
Barney chuckles, "It is always amusing that the most Philandering god in the pantheon of Olympus is married to the goddess of Fidelity. Poor Hera generally has to settle for punishing the woman or the child."

He says about his spear, "Anansi is a central African spirit, one who has had many interactions with humans. Long ago, an ancestor of mine was in a tribe that was being harassed by a demon. A champion of the tribe went into a cave where Anansi had a temporary home and begged his help. Anansi broke off one of his fangs and set it into a staff to make a spear...this Spear...Anansi's Fang. Every few decades, the Demon returns, as Demons can only be killed permanently in their homeland. When that happens it falls upon the current heir to take up the spear and battle the demon, keeping the spear and the powers it gives until death...at which time the spear vanishes back to the cave where it was created to away the day it is needed again."

About the landing field, "If there is no air field, perhaps we can call up a chart of areas with a solid rocky structure so we could put down without risking sinking."
Spiderweb
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Faraday » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:55 am

[Rolls Held]

Faraday turns to listen to Spiderweb with undisguised attention. "Fascinating." he murmurs softly, and he clearly means it. "Is there anything more to this pact? I would be surprised if there wasn't more desired of someone empowered with so much." he says, his tone thoughtful.

It appears I am surrounded with those touched by the divine... And ironically I did not expect this.
Faraday

Faraday Tracker

Ectoplasmic Armor

Modern Armor/Class 4

Faraday
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Wi-Fi » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:56 am

Perception: 1d20+5 = 19
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 4

"That Helipad is looking like a good option we have flyers and teleporter. The field is good too. Lets check the field first and if their is nothing to provide cover for the plane we use thee helipad." she nods. better to keep her options available. Looking at the plans she was not fully happy..but they were plans. the scale and lack of exact dimensions was problem she could deal with later. There had to be a better way to get maps but now was not the time to find it. This would give them what they needed.

"Alright we all have faced combat before..we fight in pairs or threes..watch you don't hit allies. I want a pair or three to be alert and ready to assist and rescue if need. while waiting to rescue you can use range to hit when you get the opportunity." she paused, "Battletoad, You know your people I will trust your judgement. she nods. Combat was chaos and she did remember the last Supernatural they fought. Blackdog was the only one that could do real damage and had she a partner...well thing might have been different.

"Scouts, your job is recon do not to attack unless civilians are at risk or you are attacked. Am I clear? Once you get a look at who's there and what they are doing we will move in. If you are attacked I'll set up a signal and we can move in. I would like to take them out one at a time or in small groups. If can jam there comms that would be nice too. Spiderweb..anyone else you want on your scout team?" she states clearly looking to spaceman, spiderweb, Daryl and Sentinel. The idea was to scout. If they did get in a fight it could be a good distraction and provide the others a chance to hit from another side. It was not her plan, but if it did happen she wanted to be ready.
OOC Comments
Wi-Fi's character sheet

TRS-13

Shock Gloves:
[/OOC]
Wi-Fi

Postby Faraday » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:04 am

[Rolls Held]

Faraday nods slightly as Wi-Fi speaks. "If there is cover I could hover over the field at a low altitude whole the team disembarks. Landing there ... might prove problematic. Though it could be a reasonably assumed risk at your discretion. Would there be any problem with trespass or the like landing on a private pad? Might be something that comes back on the City. Especially if any fighting happens there. And if they can afford a mansion they can afford lawyers."

She really wants to kick the door down this time I think. How fun this will be!
Faraday

Faraday Tracker

Ectoplasmic Armor

Modern Armor/Class 4

Faraday
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Spiderweb » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:21 am

(Rolls held over)
Barney considers whether there are any other people he wants along...and has a thought, "Would one of your robot spiders be able to accompany us? If they can communicate with you, or with each other, over a distance then you might be able to know if anything happens to us faster and in more detail."

He will also explain to Faraday, "The spear itself contains a small part of the spirit of Anansi I think, if I were to cease acting as a hero...for example were I to try conquering the city...my powers would leave me and the spear would not obey me. That is, assuming it did not just vanish. I was created to be a champion against evil, and that is pretty much the nature of my limit."

He frowns and adds, "It is possible there is more to it than I know though."
Spiderweb
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Faraday » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:38 am

[Rolls Held]

Faraday nods slowly as he obviously considers Spiderweb's reply. "If the Artifact is so integral to your abilities perhaps we should devise some security measures to ensure it is never stolen. Or at the very least recoverable if so. A tracking device. And some form of anti-tampering failsafe perhaps. Mmm. Something to consider." he says tentatively, thinking aloud by his tone.

Here is one I doubt I would ever be able to sway away from their self-declared righteousness. Well, no matter. You can't move all stones. But that being the case perhaps it would be wise to know where the Righteous One will be...
Faraday

Faraday Tracker

Ectoplasmic Armor

Modern Armor/Class 4

Faraday
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Spiderweb » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:34 pm

(Rolls carried over)
Barney responds, "An interesting question there, since the spear transforms from a less obvious form, would any tag you put on it stay on it? We will have to experiment with it later."

The spear probably can not be stolen in a fight, but when not in combat or if he gets knocked out? That he does not know.
Spiderweb
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Wi-Fi » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:10 am

Faraday nods slightly as Wi-Fi speaks. "If there is cover I could hover over the field at a low altitude whole the team disembarks. Landing there ... might prove problematic. Though it could be a reasonably assumed risk at your discretion. Would there be any problem with trespass or the like landing on a private pad? Might be something that comes back on the City. Especially if any fighting happens there. And if they can afford a mansion they can afford lawyers."

She really wants to kick the door down this time I think. How fun this will be!

"Agreed, look for an airport or nice out of the way spot first. Places like this have parking lots and such. One of them would be ideal. The mansion will be a a good back up though. The owner can complain all he wants. I'm guessing we will find a nice spot before needing his landing pad. In case we do can someone find out who owns it so we can ask politely..or at least know who to send the money to fix it." the woman answered as she copied the map to people with comps and to any hand held units the Ultra's may have.
(Skill: Comp: 1d100 = 46 /94%)

He will also explain to Faraday, "The spear itself contains a small part of the spirit of Anansi I think, if I were to cease acting as a hero...for example were I to try conquering the city...my powers would leave me and the spear would not obey me. That is, assuming it did not just vanish. I was created to be a champion against evil, and that is pretty much the nature of my limit."

"Even the greatest heroes can perform good deeds to rival the harm a villain can do, Webs. That is why we have allies to remind us when we are too good or bad to be a champion." she added, "I did a few good deeds that were acts I would not describe as 'good or heroic'. most of here have. Being a champion against evil or good is not a limit, it is a nature. I was always told true power molds to the user. It does only what we allow it or believe it can do. The moment we believe power has a limit..it has it. If we believe it to have no limits..it has none. However we can discuss philosophy and limits vs. nature once were back at Omega HQ. I will have interesting and deep conversations with you people won't I?." she smiled happy to see them talking. Social activity meant they had more than just a job in common.

About the landing field, "If there is no air field, perhaps we can call up a chart of areas with a solid rocky structure so we could put down without risking sinking."

"Not a bad thought. a Parking lot or paved section would also work nicely." she looks to Faraday, "Would that make you feel better about landing?" she lifted an eye and grinned. He seemed to know how to read people and was not concerned about her NCO taking such a comment wrong
OOC Comments
Wi-Fi's character sheet

TRS-13

Shock Gloves:
[/OOC]
Wi-Fi

Postby Faraday » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:40 am

[Rolls Held]

Faraday nods to Spiderweb once again. "Agreed. I will draft some preliminary notes and we can discuss things once we are back at headquarters." he says quickly before turning his attention towards Wi-Fi. She gets another considering pose, knuckles raised towards his chin thoughtfully. "I wish I had time to go over full technical manuals for this bird, but given what we know in that it is intended for urban ops and is VTOL capable enough to use helipads a rocky area or parking lot would likely suffice with due caution exercised. I will examine the area for the nearest location that can serve for our purposes." he says before turning to the pilot's charts in the cockpit.

Once more into the breach...

Skill Checks
Navigation: Terran 1d100 = 9/102
Computer Operation: 1d100 = 57/92
Faraday

Faraday Tracker

Ectoplasmic Armor

Modern Armor/Class 4

Faraday
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Spiderweb » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:25 pm

(Rolls held over)
Barney conjectures, "Possibly something like our Omega suits, a mimetic device that can change with the spear."

Not that he knows anything about how that would work, he is a Sociologist, not that kind of scientist.
Spiderweb
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Sentinel » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:31 pm

Sentinel

Yellow Dragon
OOC Comments

Sense of Balance -- 96%/1d100 = 57
Prowl 80% /1d100 = 52
Surveillance Systems 80% /1d100 = 17
Read Sensory Equipment 75% /1d100 = 46
Weapon Systems 85% /1d100 = 2
Detect Ambush 75% /1d100 = 26
Intelligence 74% /1d100 = 90
Computer Programming 75% /1d100 = 24
Robot Electronics 75% /1d100 = 91
Electrical Engineer 75% /1d100 = 65
Robot Mechanics 70% /1d100 = 2
Mechanical Engineer 70% /1d100 = 52

Casts: Domination (Level 5) RUE pg. 207 Domination (Level 5) RUE pg. 207 Duration: 45 min/lvl Range: Touch or within 4 ft. P.P.E.: 10 Saving Throw: Standard.

OOC Comments
Domination is another trance-like enchantment that enables the spell caster to impose his will over his victim's, forcing the individual to do his bidding. The victim of Domination appears to act oddly, dazed, confused, slow and unfriendly (ignoring friends, etc.). The enchanted character has one goal, to fulfill the commands of the spell caster. Under the enchantment of Domination, the character's alignment does not apply. He will steal, lie, assist in crimes, kidnap, betray friends, reveal secrets and so on. The victim is under the (almost) complete control of the spell caster. The only things the bewitched victim will not do are commit suicide, inflict self-harm, or kill a friend or loved one. A good aligned character, Principled, Scrupulous and even Unprincipled, can not be made to kill anybody; it is too deeply against their alignment. Note: The enchanted person is not himself and suffers the following penalties. Attacks per melee round are half, speed is half, all skills are half their usual proficiency, speech is slow, and the person seems distracted or a little dazed.
A successful saving throw versus magic means the magic has no effect. The character is 100% his normal self. The effects of the Domination magic cannot be faked. Can not affect a person inside environmental M.D.C. body armor, power armor, robots, or vehicles.

Condition: 9 minutes duration Invisibility (Superior) (Level 7) RUE pg 213
OOC Comments
Range: Self or one other by touch.
Duration: 3 min/lvl.
Saving Throw: None.
P.P.E.: 20
A powerful incantation that makes the spell caster invisible to all means of detection. Ordinary vision, infrared, ultraviolet and other optics, heat, motion detectors, and even an animal's sense of smell, can NOT locate the invisible person. No footprints are made, and little sound (prowls at 84%). The magic is broken only if the character makes a hostile move, or engages in combat/attacks. At that instant, he becomes completely visible. Note: The invisible character is not ethereal and can not walk through walls: he must still use a door. The act of forcing open a door or window, picking a lock, tapping somebody, accidentally bumping somebody, or accidentally getting shot or hurt, is not considered an act of aggression or combat, so invisibility is maintained.

Perception: 1d20+1 = 19(another +3 for arcane)
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 12/ D100 JiC: / 1d100 = 43

Wi-Fi wrote:"
"Sentinel, we are lifting off soon if you could return your duplicate to the plane that would nice. We will be visiting here again for a number of reasons." she speaks to Sentinel calmly. He would be interesting one to keep tabs on. Creative and bright are good traits properly cultured. Brute probably had similar concerns about her. The bulk of her team were highly ambitious and that make the efforts far more spectacular. 'Brute, I will get you back for this.' grinned as she thought to herself. It was interesting to note they made robots here..something to look into later.

”Ms. Wi-fi, I am me not a copy, I am myself. I had intended to head to the lockers but it now seems that my only option is to re-board the plane as I guess I got turned around and am now back at the hanger.” Sentinel answers Wi-fi over radio.

This facility is more impressive than I had anticipated. We will have to come back another time and inspect the lockers contents. I dearly desire to see what resources could be found amongst a villains or two belongings.

Looking at the technician he wonders aloud, ”Did you mislead me back to here? We were supposed to be headed to the lockers?” he says to the dominated mechanic. ”Well no matter now. Go about your business. Thank you for your assistance.” he thanks the mechanic headless of his lack of any will in his decision to do so.

Sentinel turns towards the aircraft, ”Ms. Wi-fi I am boarding shortly.” Sentinel radios. ”I will be a minute more.” Sentinel walks around the outside of the aircraft inspecting the fuselage and gear taking measure of the aircraft before heading up the rear ramp to meet the team dispelling his invisibility. "Greetings once again. My apologies unfortunately I didn't find the locker. Mr. Rickles your mechanic was gracious to show me around though you should have a word with him about getting visitors lost." he says to the Gramercy technician.
Yellow Dragon
OOC Comments
Ectype 1
Ectype 2
Ectype 3

ImageImage
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Sentinel » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:59 pm

Ectype 3
On the plane with Team.

Yellow Dragon
OOC Comments

Perception: 1d20+1 = 6(another +3 for arcane)
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 13/ D100 JiC: / 1d100 = 1 Jet Fighters 82% /1d100 = 12

Intelligence 74%/ 1d100 = 98
Anthropology 70% / 1d100 = 41
Archaeology: 65%, / 1d100 = 53

Wi-Fi wrote:Even the greatest heroes can perform good deeds to rival the harm a villain can do, Webs. That is why we have allies to remind us when we are too good or bad to be a champion." she added, "I did a few good deeds that were acts I would not describe as 'good or heroic'. most of here have. Being a champion against evil or good is not a limit, it is a nature. I was always told true power molds to the user. It does only what we allow it or believe it can do. The moment we believe power has a limit..it has it. If we believe it to have no limits..it has none. However we can discuss philosophy and limits vs. nature once were back at Omega HQ. I will have interesting and deep conversations with you people won't I?." she smiled happy to see them talking. Social activity meant they had more than just a job in common.

Sentinel listens absently to Webs description of his staff, the history lesson not being an uncommon version as legends go. His interest piques once Wi-fi began discussing philosophy. She nailed more on the head than she may have known. ”Ms. Wi-fi, you have described everything that originates in the belief of a cause. A terribly awesome thing is belief. Magic is one such empowered by belief. The wrong idea turned into belief is terrible dangerous. And one who sways such beliefs is powerful indeed. I should know.” Sentinel says lost in thoughts of his past.

”Belief in the good you’re doing, you can convince yourself to do great or horrible deeds.” he says remembering fragments of his rebirth, ”I know I was born from such…I remember thousands sacrificed. he snaps out of his revere remembering himself. ”That is well Ms. Wi-fi, another time perhaps to talk.” he finishes.
Yellow Dragon
OOC Comments
Ectype 1
Ectype 2
Ectype 3

ImageImage
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Previous

Return to Century Station: Operation Overlord Adventures