Charlie: Earth's Flightiest Heroes

In Century Station Operation Overlord has begun, villains beware!

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Charlie: Earth's Flightiest Heroes

Postby Rook » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:41 pm

Perception (24%) 1d100 = 79
JIC D20 1d20 = 4
JIC D100 1d100 = 11

Everything seemed to happen so quickly to Rook, though in hindsight perhaps it was the effect she was under from.. whoever did whatever it was? The young heroine spread her wings and started to move towards the one called Herring, but as Empire re-appeared from.. somewhere.. she changed direction and moved to crouch beside him instead, to check and make sure that he is ok.

The molasses feeling continued to raise a bit of panic, a panic which she tried to force to the back of her mind with some success - then suddenly, it was gone, which was almost as much of a shock to her senses as when it started Blinking a few times, she looks between Empire and Rampart, then to where the aperture had been.

"What.. the hell just happened?" Rook asked, her tone a little unsteady.
Rook

Postby Moya » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:37 pm

Perception : 1d100 = 93 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 12
JIC: 1d100 = 82

With the bright flash of light, Moya takes up a defensive stance as she looks around for an incoming attack. Drawing her combat knife, she slowly walks through the door and towards where the flash of light came from. Not wanting to take any chances, she readies her other hand over her grenade attached to her utility belt.

Catch me once off guard is all I am going to give you. I ain't going to let happen a second. Besides if Chimera is here then there's bound to be fight sooner or later.

Rook wrote:"What.. the hell just happened?"

As the winged woman speaks, Moya stops dead in her tracks and hunkers down a little to blend into the shadows better. She waits for the others before she makes her next moves.

What do we got her? Are they friend or foe? Have they even seen me yet or can I get the drop on them. They probably don't know what kind of thing I can do, won't that be a surprise for them. If I play my cards right then I should be able to walk out of here without a fight but that's the boring way.

Prowl 53% - 1d100 = 85
Moya

Postby Tom Cassidy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:37 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 12/52%
JIC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 63

Conditions:
- Force Field SDC at start of post: 1850/2700
- Force Field Body Armor: 300/300 SDC
- Giant force construct hand has a 48 minute duration remaining
- Energy Shield has a 45.50 minute duration remaining

Rampart realizes the error of his ways the instant he tries to erect his personal force field and finds that it takes a lot longer than it should. Stupid, stupid, stupid… he berates himself. Guess my ‘rookie act’ was more than just an act. Should’ve played this smarter. Now we’ve screwed the pooch and let the bad guys get away.

He can only watch helplessly as Lacuna departs the premises along with Herring, Eyespy, and what he guesses to be the Electrocutioner. When he’s able to move freely again he lets loose with a scream of frustration worthy of a king and wonders for a moment who looks sadder – him or the depressed patron.

Blackhaunt wrote:Empire, sitting on the ground, looks up at the other heroes. "OK, that sucked."

“That’s the understatement of the day,” Tom says as he helps Empire to his feet. “I’d use the term ‘total pooch screw’ myself. I’m guessing Shiny White Suit sucked you into his bag of holding when you charged in here like he did with Divine just now. You remember anything about being trapped in there? Did you happen to see a heavily-tattooed guy? He was supposed to be our ‘inside guy’ but we lost contact with him as soon as he entered.”

Rook wrote:"What.. the hell just happened?" Rook asked, her tone a little unsteady.

“What happened? We blew the collar, that’s what happened…” Tom grouses. “That’s why you ask for as much intel as possible during the briefing. ‘Oh by the way Omegas, we hear that the strip joint is run by a super-villain who can put people in his back pocket and he has a ginger vegan sidekick who can slow down time.’ THAT would have been helpful to know, wouldn’t it?”

He shakes his head. No, don’t go there. Every mission has variables. Things you weren’t expecting. What did Poole say during training? “No battle plan survives contact with the enemy.” Had you stopped mouthing off like a blithering idiot and just started punching, you might have taken Lacuna down before he had a chance to get away.

He hits his commlink with a sigh. “C-SWAT, this is Omega Charlie...” he doesn’t even try to hide the disappointment in his voice. “Targets have fled the scene with help from additional supers inside. Sweeping the rest of the building now. Over.”

Radio: Basic -- 1d100 = 89/90%

He looks around at Rook and Empire. “We still have a couple of minutes before C-SWAT gets here to mop up, so let’s check to make sure there are no more nasty surprises for them -- or for us, for that matter. I’ll go downstairs, you two go upstairs. Holler if you see anything out of the ordinary.”

He starts downstairs to check out the basement. If he sees Moya he’ll strike a defensive pose. “Hold it right there, ma’am, we’re CHIMERA agents -- who are you and what are you doing here?”
Tom Cassidy

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:38 pm

Zericho

Local Conditions wrote:Date: Sunday, March 22nd, 2043
Weather: Outside: Sunny, warm, bright (62 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 5:35 pm

YOU USED TO CALL ME ON MY CELL PHONE
Strip Club:

Important Plot Point wrote:He motions for the patrons to head through and most of them do.

Moya perceives the room: a robot, a dude and a winged chick, plus a super strung out guy with huge headphones and a half dozen young ladies. Everyone looks a little confused. It's a bar...no...it's more than that. There's a long stage, with poles. Ugh. Poles. But at the moment, no one is dancing and the music is silenced.

It might be a little tense, in fact. The DJ has a revolver in his hands that's way too big for his spindly hands. The employees are looking around with just as much confusion as the hero-types. That they are hero types is not question.

Unfortunately all eyes, mobster and hero, turn towards her as she blunders into a stack of palettes of glasses. That makes a loud noise. And everyone sees the new addition standing there.

Sasha, Tom and Jason hear the clatter and turn to see another very heroic and attractive young woman standing right next to a stack of glasses.

One of the women raises begins to raise a phone to her head. It does beg the question, though, where did she have the phone, since its spangly "diamond" encrusted case clashing with the western themed "outfit".

What are you doing?
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master

Postby Moya » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:26 pm

Perception : 1d100 = 90 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 9
JIC: 1d100 = 12

*CRASH* *SOUNDS OF GLASS BREAKING*

S%@#! What was I thinking. Look before you leap they say. Now I know why. So much for trying to get the jump on anyone. Well, now it time to face the music. Should I attempt to try and pick this up or act like I meant to cause a scene?

Tom Cassidy wrote:“Hold it right there, ma’am, we’re CHIMERA agents -- who are you and what are you doing here?”

Moya's stance goes from a stealthy one to one filled with more embarrassment than anything else. She sheaths he knife back into her belt before speaking. Her voice hints at disappointments and humility.

"Um… CHIMERA, huh?! Well, my name is Moya Thunderbird and as for what I am doing here, that's a bit more convoluted. Would you believe that I have no recollection of how I came to be here? I mean, I went to bed and the next thing I know, I am waking up in a box in the basement. I came up here and now we're here talking. That's about it. If you don't mind, who are you, other than CHIMERA, and what are you folks up to?"

By now, Moya's stance shifts to a more friendly posture, perceiving the main threat to be non existent at the moment. She continues to look around the room. Seeing a woman with a exquisite phone, Moya begins to feel an uneasiness creep in. She points in her general direction before opening her mouth.

"Is she one of yours? He phone seems a bit peculiar, if I do say so myself or is that just the norm around here?"

Charm/Impress: 48% - 1d100 = 31
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 53% -1d100 = 49
Moya

Postby Empire » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:27 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 98/35% (65% in armor)
JIC: 1d20 = 18/1d100 = 64

Tom Cassidy wrote:“That’s the understatement of the day,” Tom says as he helps Empire to his feet. “I’d use the term ‘total pooch screw’ myself. I’m guessing Shiny White Suit sucked you into his bag of holding when you charged in here like he did with Divine just now. You remember anything about being trapped in there? Did you happen to see a heavily-tattooed guy? He was supposed to be our ‘inside guy’ but we lost contact with him as soon as he entered.”

Empire gladly accepts the hand up even though his suits gyroscopic stabilizing servos would right him more easily. "Yeah, if I ever see Shiny White Suit again, he's gonna be sucking some lasers through a straw." Empire rubs his robotic hand on the back of his robotic exoskeletal head and says "Did I remember anything? No, it was only a few seconds of nothingness. But when I came out, dude was gone and you were here. Didn't see the Doodles guy. Didn't see anything. Pure darkness and silence."

Empire starts to raise his hackles about Rampart giving him instructions. You're the new guy! I'm babysitting you! But he quickly gives that up. Aw, fuck it. What do I care? It was a good call. "Got it. Let's head upstairs Wings." Empire starts to head UP when Moya makes a noise, he sees the DJ with a gun in his hand and a dancer with her phone to her head. "Yo, DJ! Put that thing away! And Candy! Phone down. Now!"

If the DJ doesn't put the phone away or the dancer doesn't put her phone away, Empire will confiscate them. Mechanically.
Empire
Jason "Empire" Warner, Robo-Jock Extraordinaire

Armor SDC: 700/700
SDC: 59/59
HP: 30/30

Omega Suit
A.R.: 17
SDC: 250/250
Features:
1) Hyper-mimetic alloy fibers change size and molecular composition to fit wearer regardless of APS powers, shape or size changes.
2) Built-in short range encrypted radio transceiver (Omega freq only).
3) Built-in RFID transponder for C.S.P.D. verifies wearer is a Centurion to all C.S.P.D. and their precise GPS location within 20'

Cumulative Robot Bonuses (In-Flight):
+1 attack/melee | +7 to initiative
+5 to perception | +1 to pull punch
+15 to HtH damage | +2 to strike HtH
+6 to strike with distance weapons | +4 to parry
+3 to dodge

Empire

Previous

Return to Century Station: Operation Overlord Adventures