OMEGAS: Down In It

In Century Station Operation Overlord has begun, villains beware!

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: OMEGAS: Down In It

Postby Tom Cassidy » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:37 am

Perception: 1d100 = 32/55%
JIC: 1d20 = 20/1d100 = 31

Conditions:
- 3,000/3,300 Force Field/Construct SDC at the end of this post
- Flight Disc: 179.5 minutes (718 melees) duration remaining
- Energy Shield: 59.5 minutes (238 melees) duration remaining
- Energy Fist: 59.5 minutes (238 melees) duration remaining

Sentinel wrote:”Mr. Brute, I thought we were not on first name basis in the field?” Sentinel says with amusement at Mr. Jacksons slip up. ”Nonetheless it sounds like an adequate plan since we don’t know anymore until we are inside. You look a little bruised. Here let me help you.” Sentinel offers aid to Brute.

Tom chuckles slightly. "Yeah, my bad on that one too earlier. Didn't need code names while out in the field during my last gig." Seems I got a little too comfortable back there. Maybe the merc life suited me more than I thought? He shrugs off the thought as the group focuses in on entering the building.

Sentinel wrote:As they move into the building Sentinel introduces himself to those he hasn’t met. "Perhaps this isn’t the best of time to make your acquaintance. I am Sentinel." He says thinking for a moment of the news broadcast they will most definitely hear about, ”You may also address me as Emperor Zheng.” Zheng says matter of factly.

"Pleesedtameecha, Your Majesty..." Tom half nods, half bows (He's a little unsure on which way to go as he's never met royalty before. Royal PAINS, on the other hand...). "Name's Rampart -- at least, it is while we're in the field of course." He adds with a grin. Man, he's just like one of those terracotta statues I saw at the museum once. I wonder if they all were supposed to wind up like him. Figures that an emperor would be the prototype. "Anyway, we can play 'get-to-know-you' later. Let's go beat up bad guys."

He takes up position and enters with the others... and is not happy with what he sees. One would expect a 'front' building to not have much in the way of activity, of course, but this place was even more deserted (and for a lot longer) than he was expecting. "This clearly isn't the main entrance..." he mutters under his breath to no one in particular. "I don't think it's even the secondary one."

Spiderweb wrote:"I can see perfectly well in the dark, and I know some others can handle darkness well. Perhaps we should lead off a bit in front, your lights are going to attract attention...well until the emergency lighting comes on..."

"I used to could..." Tom mutters as he looks around, trying to spot anything that seems shady/out of place or could otherwise yield any clues as to what to expect. Didn't think I'd miss my old armor this much this soon. Wonder how long it's gonna take the feds to study it?

Surveying the Scene
Crime Scene Investigation -- 1d100 = 3/85%
Streetwise -- 1d100 = 35/45%

Brute wrote:
Wi-Fi wrote:"I don't buy him not installing back up power."

Agreed. This smells like a set-up."

"Okay team... You heard the lady. Be careful. Fan out in pairs and search. Call out if you see anything. Wi-Fi, you're with me."

"Agreed," Tom nods. "This mousetrap is stinking of cheese. Real stinky cheese. And not the good kind of real stinky cheese either." He reaches down to his utility belt to grab a flashlight, only to realize he doesn't have one. Reasons why I miss my armor, plus one... he grimaces. Note to self, check to see if they have any spare flashlights at HQ. a flash of light catches his attention, and he looks down to find one of Wi-Fi's spider bots looking back up at him. "Okay, little fella..." he chuckles. "Come along. Stay close and get behind me if things go sour, okay? Your mom would kill me if I let you get hurt."

He looks around to Moya, Rook, and Sentinel with a grin as he gestures down at the spider bot. "Okay, battle buddy time. Who wants to be our battle buddy?"

Whoever pairs up with him (if anyone... or everyone...), he moves off to any other obvious access points to the building that Brute isn't already inspecting or really anything that looks particularly 'out of place' in an abandoned office building. He tries to be as stealthy as possible while he's looking for... well, he's pretty sure he'll know what he's looking for once he finds it (hopefully helped by the fact he's gliding on a flight disc a couple inches off the floor). Just because you know it's a trap doesn't mean you have to go blowing in trying to set it off on purpose.

Let's Split Up and Look for Clues, Gang...
Prowl -- 1d100 = 3/55% (because STEALTH MODE!)
Crime Scene Investigation -- 1d100 = 65/85% (looking for anything that looks out of place or could yield a clue about the building's REAL occupants)
Streetwise -- 1d100 = 66/45% (looking for any likely weapons/contraband caches, particularly dangerous spots within the building, etc.)
Streetwise -- 1d100 = 100/45% (2nd attempt)
Surveillance Systems -- 1d100 = 97/80% (looking for any surveillance systems that may be active despite the power being 'out,' identifying spots where someone would observe without being easily seen, etc.)
Surveillance Systems -- 1d100 = 99/80% (2nd attempt)
Tom Cassidy

Postby Moya » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:19 am

Perception : 1d100 = 46 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 19
JIC: 1d100 = 73

Moya listens to everyone's perspective on the situation. She then begins to look around. Looking for anything out of place for an office building. Allowing for her eyes to adjust to the low lighting. Her arms and hands ready to draw her bow if need be.

It sure does feel like a trap and it looks like we're are already in the kill zone. Hope these guys can handle themselves.

Rampart wrote:He looks around to Moya, Rook, and Sentinel with a grin as he gestures down at the spider bot. "Okay, battle buddy time. Who wants to be our battle buddy?"

"Sure I'll be your buddy. Besides what do they say: Two is better than one. I'll lead the way and check for any booby traps or what not. If things get too hairy then just duck behind me. I'll protect ya."

Moya answers with a bit of a sarcastic attitude in her voice. Followed my a half smile. Slowly she stats to the right in a counterclockwise direction. Checking for any well placed or even fairly visible traps or alarms.

Trap & Mine Detection - 1d100 = 2 - 53% - to spot for any Bobby traps or trip wires.
Prowl - 1d100 = 89 - 63% - to move around silently
HP: 156/156
SDC: 274/274
ISP: 47/51

Consistent Conditions: Mind Block Auto-Defense

Moya Thunderbird
Moya

Postby Rook » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:26 pm

Perception (24%) 1d100 = 86
JIC D20 1d20 = 14
JIC D100 1d100 = 18

Rook has similar thoughts to Brute, feeling very much like this is some sort of trap; a brief nod to the team leader to show her agreement. "Far, far too quiet." she murmurs as she peers through the darkness as best she can. Keeping her wings tucked close, the young mutant looks to the others as pairs start to form, then smiles a little to Sentinel.

"Looks like its you and I then; how are you at seeing in the dark like this? I could honestly use some light or enhanced vision." Rook comments. Fortunately, having a spider bot along to provide some light will be useful, and appreciated. If it seem plausible that it will fit, she'll set the spiderbot on her shoulder to use as a proper flashlight, otherwise she'll just let it move along beside her.

Not being the stealthiest of people, Rook will let Sentinel go first if it seems like that is something he is good at, otherwise she'll just take the lead herself, moving away from the rest of the group cautiously while being on the look-out for something she could use as a melee weapon. "Are we sure we have the right place? All the dust, the cobwebs.. no one has been through here in years likely." the mutant will inquire over their comms, keeping her voice low.
Rook
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Blackhaunt » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:44 pm

WAINGROH
Date: Monday, March 23rd, 2043
Weather: Outside: Sunny, warm, bright (55 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 11:05-11:15 am

Spiderweb, Brute and Wi-Fi:
Spiderweb, Brute and Wi-Fi all head to the left. Aided by Wi-Fi's spiderbot light, Brute's preternatural senses and Spiderweb's dark vision, their search ends well. Brute's antenna pick up the distinct scents of steak. And a hint of sulfur? The breeze bringing these smells to him is easily traceable to a kitchen in the corner. However, when the search party arrives there, he sees no steak, no source of sulfur. Yet the scent remains. It's gotta be coming from somewhere... There's a fridge, a pot of coffee that radiates heat, two tables and a sink.

Rampart and Thunder:
Tom and Moya take their turns clearing each of the offices against the wall and searching for clues. Tom looks around for any clues that they might be walking into a trap and he finds nothing. Looking through office work that reminds Tom of his days back on the force. Seems like Enertron Inc had a lot of forms to fill out in order to do, well... anything. One desk still has the chewing gum underneath.

In the last office, they find the vending machines. The machines are full but the power is out making the products inaccessible. Directly outside is the water cooler, which is still full.

Sentinel and Rook:
Sentinel and Rook were ordered to check out the center as the other two groups were assigned left and right. They seem confused and just stand there. Their assigned spiderbot skitters back and forth between them.

Map
Down In It Office 2.png

What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master

Postby Wi-Fi » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:21 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 40/62%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 6

Spider 1:
Rook and Sentinel:
Post for area around spiderbot:
OOC Comments
"Looks like its you and I then; how are you at seeing in the dark like this? I could honestly use some light or enhanced vision." Rook comments. Fortunately, having a spider bot along to provide some light will be useful, and appreciated. If it seem plausible that it will fit, she'll set the spiderbot on her shoulder to use as a proper flashlight, otherwise she'll just let it move along beside her.

Rook finds the spider seemingly happy be carried. Since the sentinel incident at the party, the bots have adjusted to being lifted. Wi-Fi seeing they would likely need to be carried by others made the bots security protocols include her teammates picking them up. The small bot checked the wings to clamp on them with the magnetic feet as she moved about.

Spider 2:
Rampart and Thunder:
OOC Comments
Tom and Moya take their turns clearing each of the offices against the wall and searching for clues. Tom looks around for any clues that they might be walking into a trap and he finds nothing. Looking through office work that reminds Tom of his days back on the force. Seems like Enertron Inc had a lot of forms to fill out in order to do, well... anything. One desk still has the chewing gum underneath.

In the last office, they find the vending machines. The machines are full but the power is out making the products inaccessible. Directly outside is the water cooler, which is still full.

The small bot followed keeping pace easily and sticking close to the pair. Occasionally moving from Tom to Moya and back to Tom it looked at what they were looking at.

"Brute, your senses picking up anything?" Coffee..someone is or was here. two tables and a sink..this likely a mess hall of sort or workspace for more grizzly types of science and torture. Wi-Fi wonders if it is actively used by visitors or Ironvien himself. The enemy roster did have several types that likely did not need to eat. Ironvien himself could well be a meta without the need to eat. She looks for any odd or otherwise metahuman signs as well.

the spider bot was near just behind/between Brute and Wi-Fi sweeping its light front of the pair.
Skill check for searching
OOC Comments
Criminal Science & Forensic Medicine: 1d100 = 24 /89%
Intelligence: 1d100 = 64 /60%
Find Contraband & Illegal Weapons: 1d100 = 83 /78%
Streetwise: 1d100 = 87 /72%
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
Bonuses in green apply only when force aura is active.
PPE: 15
ISP: 128/140
HP: 30 (34 with aura)
SDC: 47 (260)
Aura: 0/260 (Aura also gives superhuman strength)
Swarm status: 5 (all healthy)
SDC: 50/50/50/50/50

TRS-13
SDC: 50
AR: 6

CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points
• Integrated IRMSS: 20,000 credits to recharge (R:UE, p.263)
Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: sidearm, magazine, E-clip, grenade, canteen, food ration pack, minor items or individual tools.

• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low Lethality)
• Attachment: Flash Pack
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack

Shock Gloves:
• Range: Melee
• Damage: None. This gloves discharge an energy charge that short circuits the nervous system. Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry and dodge for 2d4 melee rounds.
A successful saving throw means the person has successfully fought off the effect and is unimpaired. Roll to save against each strike. Saving throw versus toxins.
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only, five shots total per melee
• Payload: 10/10 shots per charge (no clip)[/size]
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Spiderweb » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:58 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 57 of 33%
Initiative: 1d20 = 8
JIC: 1d20 = 18
JIC%: 1d100 = 26

Barney looks around, "Possibly this break room was not in use when we turned out the lights, but I was just wondering something. I can normally see the invisible, but possibly someone who merges with shadows might hide from me. Do any of our presumed foes have such an ability?"

Barney thinks, It is a good thing to know, even if this room is likely empty.
Spiderweb
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Brute » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:45 am

Conditions: Monstrous Form; APS of Limb: Crystal; Invincible Armor [Natural AR 18, 350 SDC, regen 2d6 SDC per melee, all energy attacks, magic or mundane inflict half damage. The armor offers complete environmental protection from heat, cold, disease, pollution, toxic gases, fumes, etc. and, provides the wearer with an independent oxygen supply.]

Perception: 51% 1d100 = 39 (SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20 = 14
1d100 = 80

When they enter the kitchen, with no one in it, Brute narrows his eyes. "Something's not right."

Wi-Fi wrote:"Brute, your senses picking up anything?"

Brute nods. "Steak. And sulphur. And the coffee's warm." They're around here somewhere. Moving slowly about the room, sniffing and sensing different surfaces, Brute uses his antennae to try to source the smells. "Somewhere in this room is a secret door - or an elevator or some kind of panel." Or the smell is bait.

Track by scent 48% 1d100 = 96 (FAIL)

Track by scent 48% 1d100 = 91 (2nd attempt - FAIL)

Track by scent 48% 1d100 = 97 (3rd attempt - FAIL)

Identify common odors 98% 1d100 = 20 (SUCCESS)
Identify uncommon odors 58% 1d100 = 86 (FAIL)

Identify uncommon odors 58% 1d100 = 88 (2nd attempt - FAIL)

Identify uncommon odors 58% 1d100 = 4 (3rd attempt - CRIT. SUCCESS)

Motion detector, 30’ radius range
Identify temperature (within 2 degrees) 98% 1d100 = 59 (SUCCESS)
Identify wind direction and speed 88% 1d100 = 59 (SUCCESS)

Spiderweb wrote:"Possibly this break room was not in use when we turned out the lights, but I was just wondering something. I can normally see the invisible, but possibly someone who merges with shadows might hide from me. Do any of our presumed foes have such an ability?"

"Not that I'm aware of - but that doesn't mean 'No'. Wouldn't explain the missing steak. No, I think there's a passage or something here."

If anyone can source the scent to a trap door, secret panel, or the like, he will radio the others.

"Guys, this is Brute. Head to the northwest corner, to the kitchen, and meet us there. We may have something."
Brute

Normal Form
AR: 0
HP: 45/45
SDC: 186/186

Monstrous Form
AR: 13
HP: 40/40
SDC: 846/846

Motion detector, 20’ radius range
Predator’s hearing (+2 Initiative, 8X Normal)

Omega Suit
A.R.: 17
SDC: 100/250
Features:
1) Hyper-mimetic alloy fibers change size and molecular composition to fit wearer regardless of APS powers, shape or size changes.
2) Built-in short range encrypted radio transceiver (Omega freq only).
3) Built-in RFID transponder for C.S.P.D. verifies wearer is a Centurion to all C.S.P.D. and their precise GPS location within 20'

Draupnir
    Mind Block Auto-Defense
    +2 vs. magic; +2 vs. Horror Factor
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Wi-Fi » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:10 pm

"Brute, you take me to all the nice places. Have I said that lately?" she adds, "A quick way in or out does make sense and warm coffee is a sign.." she looks for anything of note. like at a dnd game it made sense a door left signs like paths the door opened at or were spots that were clean or smoothed from use. One of the cameras showed a lab or butchery-like area. "Wonder if this is it?" she asks out loud.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments

TRS-13

[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points
Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: sidearm, magazine, E-clip, grenade, canteen, food ration pack, minor items or individual tools.

Shock Gloves:
• Damage: None. This gloves discharge an energy charge that short circuits the nervous system. Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry and dodge for 2d4 melee rounds.
A successful saving throw means the person has successfully fought off the effect and is unimpaired. Roll to save against each strike. Saving throw versus toxins.
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Moya » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:45 am

Perception : 1d100 = 54 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 18
JIC: 1d100 = 31

Am I getting hungry or does a Snickers sound good right about now.

"Nothing here so far. We should continue our search."

Moya thinks to herself when she notices the vending machine in the last office. Seeing nothing she walks out. Turning to Rampart, Moya lets him know what she has found already. If she doesn't hear from Brute, then she will continue her search alone the east wall northward. If she does hear from Brute, she will proceed to requests destination. Still keeping a watchful eye out for traps or anything concealed.

Trap & Mine Detection - 1d100 = 74 - 53% - to spot for any Bobby traps or trip wires.

Prowl - 1d100 = 43] - 63% - to move around silently.
HP: 156/156
SDC: 274/274
ISP: 47/51

Consistent Conditions: Mind Block Auto-Defense

Moya Thunderbird
Moya

Postby Tom Cassidy » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:05 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 44/55%
JIC: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 22

Conditions:
- 3,000/3,300 Force Field/Construct SDC at the end of this post
- Flight Disc: 179.25 minutes (717 melees) duration remaining
- Energy Shield: 59.25 minutes (237 melees) duration remaining
- Energy Fist: 59.25 minutes (237 melees) duration remaining

Blackhaunt wrote:Rampart and Thunder:

Moya wrote:"Nothing here so far. We should continue our search."

Moya thinks to herself when she notices the vending machine in the last office. Seeing nothing she walks out. Turning to Rampart, Moya lets him know what she has found already. If she doesn't hear from Brute, then she will continue her search alone the east wall northward. If she does hear from Brute, she will proceed to requests destination. Still keeping a watchful eye out for traps or anything concealed.

"Yeah, about all I've been able to figure out so far is that these guys loved paperwork as much as my old precinct captain..." he gestures at a stack of folders. "I feel for anyone who had to work here as part of a front operation." He keys his radio. "Brute, this is Rampart. So far this op is as disappointing as a rock concert at a nursing home on our end. Nothing but vending machines. Please tell me you've found something. Rook? Sentinel? Any luck on your end?" He rubs his chin as he stares at the vending machines. Fully stocked. These things are usually owned and serviced by a third party. Wouldn't they have come collected these things once the business closed down? And why would anyone go to the trouble to keep it stocked? Then a stray memory clicks from a movie he watched a long time ago.

He glances over at Moya and the spider-bot. "Thunder, keep an eye out. I'm about to test a theory. Rover, watch yourself -- wouldn't want you squished." He reaches over with his giant energy hand and tries to slide the vending machines away from the wall to see if any of them are in reality a secret door. If that fails, he'll keep looking for any clues.

(NOTE: Rampart's PS is supernatural 21 when using the giant energy hand -- can carry 6,300 lbs and lift 10,500 lbs)

If at first you don't succeed...
Prowl -- 1d100 = 64/55% (because STEALTH MODE!)
Prowl -- 1d100 = 49/55% (Stealth Mode attempt #2)
Crime Scene Investigation -- 1d100 = 61/85% (looking for anything that looks out of place or could yield a clue about the building's REAL occupants)
Streetwise -- 1d100 = 15/45% (looking for any likely weapons/contraband caches, particularly dangerous spots within the building, etc.)
Surveillance Systems -- 1d100 = 90/80% (looking for any surveillance systems that may be active despite the power being 'out,' identifying spots where someone would observe without being easily seen, etc.)
Surveillance Systems -- 1d100 = 45/80% (attempt #2)
Tom Cassidy

Postby Spiderweb » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:07 am

(Rolls carried over)

Barney says, attempting logical thought, "The coffee Maker should have kept the coffee in it warm until the power went out. The question is, is the coffee in any cups or the steak still warm, those would be a more accurate estimater."

He adds to himself, In the other hand, a break room would be a good place to hide a secret door, nothing would seem strange about seeing someone going there at any time of the day.

He suggests, "Brute, if there is a hidden entrance it may possibly be a different temperature than the rest of the walls, look for that."

Often a lab area is kept cooler than an office area.
Spiderweb
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Wi-Fi » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:27 am

Rampart:
He glances over at Moya and the spider-bot. "Thunder, keep an eye out. I'm about to test a theory. Rover, watch yourself -- wouldn't want you squished." He reaches over with his giant energy hand and tries to slide the vending machines away from the wall to see if any of them are in reality a secret door. If that fails, he'll keep looking for any clues.

The bot moved beside Moya watching the events ready to dodge.

Spiderweb says:
Barney says, attempting logical thought, "The coffee Maker should have kept the coffee in it warm until the power went out. The question is, is the coffee in any cups or the steak still warm, those would be a more accurate estimater."

"True, that would indicate when someone here last not just if someone was here. good eye. The scent of steak and sulfur though tells me we have a fire or heat wielder." Wi-Fi answered looking for a cup and to see what condition the coffee maker was.

as well turns on her electrokinesis looking for devices and such. some might show up unpowered like the secret door. They could also have emergency power as well.
-6 ISP
1d100 = 3 /75%
1d6 = 6 /if fails
OOC Comments
Electrokinesis (Varies)
Electrical Resistance: Self; Duration: 3 minutes per level; Electrical Resistance: 4/use
Sense Electrical Device Range: 60 feet +5/level; Duration: 2 minutes; ISP: 2/ use (Detection ability: 75%+5%/level (Failed roll: detects only 1d6*10% of all devices could be detected.)
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments

TRS-13

[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points

Shock Gloves:
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Rook » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:29 pm

Conditions: Carrying spider-bot

Perception: 27% on d100 = 1d100 = 24
JIC D20 = 1d20 = 20
JIC D100 = 1d100 = 92

Rook watches as the others move off, then takes up the spider-bot and moves further into the creepy, seemingly abandoned building; the young woman is careful in her foot-steps, doing her best not to disturb items on the floor that might give away position or that might seem like they could be traps of some sort (OOC: laymans opinion on traps). As she and Sentinel move down the aisle between the cubicles, she glances into each one briefly to see if there is someone hidden there, or perhaps some sort of hint about what might be going on; however with the time-constraints she doesn't spend too much time on each cubical (15-20 seconds, give or take) unless something important happens.

(OOC: Will actively use perception, will post rolls at end)

Assuming the cubicles along the two center aisles are devoid of people and/or threats, Rook will activate her own radio to contact the others. "Everything seems clear in the central area so far, no signs of life." the winged mutant explains in a low tone. "Just a lot of empty cubicles."

Of course, if things are NOT clear, she will radio in an appropriate response.

Perception rolls, if applicable: All are at 27%
1d100 = 3
1d100 = 93
1d100 = 67
1d100 = 21
1d100 = 76
Rook
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Blackhaunt » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:36 pm

WAINGROH
Date: Monday, March 23rd, 2043
Weather: Outside: Sunny, warm, bright (55 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 11:15-11:20 am

Brute announces his findings and puts his antennae to work. His senses are overwhelmingly mixed up and he's unable to find the location of the scents that he finds swirling around him. He definitely knows that he smelled sulfur but tracing it is not happening right now. His antennae do let him know that his coffee is between 151 and 153 degrees, having recently had the power cut to it. The other thing his antenna do tell him is that the very slight irregular wind he was lead to this room by is coming from the northern half of the room and it's rising.

Wi-Fi puts on her metaphorical detective hat and starts searching the kitchen for clues. She notices that there are no dishes in the sink, that the sink seems dry and that even the sponge used to wash dishes looks like it hasn't seen use in some time. She notices that there are cabinets below the sink as well full of plates and cups. She can tell from what she saw in the cameras versus the room that she is in that this is NOT the lab or butchery-like area. The only thing Wi-Fi is able to notice is that the dust in the room is accumulated in the southern end. The coffee maker is in fine condition besides not being powered currently. Wi-Fi extends her Electro-kinetic abilities, but finds that with no power running to anything in the building, there is nothing to sense, let alone control.

Spiderweb ponders about invisibility, shadow merging and the abilities of their foes. From what was mentioned in the UED Dossiers, nothing in question was listed in their known capabilities. He mentions some ideas about temperature, secret doors and coffee. Also steak.

Rampart and Thunder:
Thunder does her search and doesn't find anything of interest.

Rampart creates a big ol energy hand and slides the vending machine on the eastern wall away in search of a secret door. Nope! Nothing there besides spiders, dust and a power cord. He does the same with the vending machine on the southern wall. No secret door! There are the same spiders and dust. But the power cord doesn't head into an outlet. Instead there is a box protruding from the wall that has quite a few sockets. The power cord splits at the end and plugs into each of them.

Sentinel and Rook:
Rook does her search of the center of the room and finds nothing. Just cubicles and paperwork and pens and blank computer screens. Sentinel tags along.

What are you doing? Map is unchanged from last round.
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master

Postby Brute » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:58 am

Conditions: Monstrous Form; APS of Limb: Crystal; Invincible Armor [Natural AR 18, 350 SDC, regen 2d6 SDC per melee, all energy attacks, magic or mundane inflict half damage. The armor offers complete environmental protection from heat, cold, disease, pollution, toxic gases, fumes, etc. and, provides the wearer with an independent oxygen supply.]

Perception: 51% 1d100 = 61 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 2
1d100 = 98

Brute's antennae feed him conflicting data about the room he's in, and he shakes his head in confusion.

"Something's off. This... the wind is actually rising in the north part of the room somehow, like there's a...

Brute's eyes narrow.

"A pit or a shaft there. This... I think this whole room is an elevator."

Brute keys on his radio.

"Brute to Omegas, rendez vous at our location, northwest corner, ASAP."

Turning to Wifi and Webs. "New search parameters - look for a hidden button, lever, or control pad. Something that might activate an elevator."

Brute resumes his search. This time, He thinks, Let's see if I smell any motor oil... That'd confirm my theory.

Track by scent 48% 1d100 = 25 (SUCCESS)
Identify common odors 98% 1d100 = 32 (SUCCESS)
Identify uncommon odors 58% 1d100 = 3 (CRIT SUCCESS)
Motion detector, 30’ radius range
Identify temperature (within 2 degrees) 98% 1d100 = 3 (CRIT SUCCESS)
Identify wind direction and speed 88% 1d100 = 51 (SUCCESS)

General Repair/Maintenance 72% 1d100 = 20 (where to hide a button? - SUCCESS)
Streetwise 64% 1d100 = 7 (check common kitchen hidey-holes - i.e., under or inside cabinets, under countertops, void spaces between cabinets, inside drawers, etc - for buttons or consoles - SUCCESS)
Intelligence 54% 1d100 = 30 (in terms of "tradecraft" - where are secret controls typically hidden? - SUCCESS)
Brute

Normal Form
AR: 0
HP: 45/45
SDC: 186/186

Monstrous Form
AR: 13
HP: 40/40
SDC: 846/846

Motion detector, 20’ radius range
Predator’s hearing (+2 Initiative, 8X Normal)

Omega Suit
A.R.: 17
SDC: 100/250
Features:
1) Hyper-mimetic alloy fibers change size and molecular composition to fit wearer regardless of APS powers, shape or size changes.
2) Built-in short range encrypted radio transceiver (Omega freq only).
3) Built-in RFID transponder for C.S.P.D. verifies wearer is a Centurion to all C.S.P.D. and their precise GPS location within 20'

Draupnir
    Mind Block Auto-Defense
    +2 vs. magic; +2 vs. Horror Factor
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Wi-Fi » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:51 am

Perception: 1d100 = 78
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 11

"I was thinking something like that too. This area seems to clean and that dust pattern was too precise. All the dust is in the south end. The sink, dishes and such are not used either or something keeps them dry. A mechanical lever makes sense. It can't be tracked by techno-paths or is not reliant on power. I would do that especially knowing powers exist that manipulate machinery and electricity are out there." she nods.

"Part of the room at least is elevator if it is an elevator. I suggest when we go down we take positions of cover first and have the spiders turn off the lights. Another option is to send the elevator down empty to trigger any ambushes then they have to come to us. An omega suit filled with papers and hung from string or wire should work nicely. she said carefully moving about as to not step on the spider-bot.

"We have plenty of paper guessing there has to be a string and other office supplies as well. I would wait to ambush people using the elevator instead of risking an assault in the dark. It does explain their lack of response to our presence." Wi-Fi said with a sly grin at the end looking about.

"The elevator is likely mechanical. I have no responses to electronic locks or devices with back up power. As I anticipated..Ironvien or whoever set up his security is too smart for that. The fact there is a working coffee maker here means it is used. Whether officially or by Ironvien's guests. telling by the mess of dust and clean dishes not often or Ironvien is a neat freak.." she commented looking for a lever.

Search skills
OOC Comments
Pick locks -- 1d100 = 95 / 94%
Safe Cracking -- 1d100 = 34 / 72%
Maybe Ironvien has a beanie baby collection he hid here? he could be a Brony....could be..)
Find Contraband & Illegal Weapons -- 1d100 = 94 / 78%
(incase they have a stash of weapons to repel raiders..or some othe reason)
Intelligence -- 1d100 = 24 / 60% (As in trade craft as well. thinking where would a lever or device be hidden?)
1d100 = 89

Rampart and Thunder:
Thunder does her search and doesn't find anything of interest.

Rampart creates a big ol energy hand and slides the vending machine on the eastern wall away in search of a secret door. Nope! Nothing there besides spiders, dust and a power cord. He does the same with the vending machine on the southern wall. No secret door! There are the same spiders and dust. But the power cord doesn't head into an outlet. Instead there is a box protruding from the wall that has quite a few sockets. The power cord splits at the end and plugs into each of them.

the spider-bot sees the commotion and watched when the Vending machine was defeated. the bot looked closer at for signs of movement from the foe for a few moments then moved back near Moya and Rampart.

Sentinel and Rook:
Rook does her search of the center of the room and finds nothing. Just cubicles and paperwork and pens and blank computer screens. Sentinel tags along.

The spider looks about careful to check for holes in the floor and under desks. Occasionally sticking to side of desks, but mostly staying at Rooks feet. Occasionally looking up to Sentinel.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments

TRS-13

[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points

Shock Gloves:
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Previous

Return to Century Station: Operation Overlord Adventures