OMEGAS: Down In It

In Century Station Operation Overlord has begun, villains beware!

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: OMEGAS: Down In It

Postby Brute » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:18 am

(Though they be heavy, and the road long, my rolls will be carried over)

Rampart wrote:"Well yeah, 'IF' -- I wouldn't be here playing 'dashingly handsome super hero' otherwise. I'd have stayed my happy little evil butt back in MercTown and started my takeover of the local Black Market."

Brute's eyes widen. "Did you say 'MercTown?' I have a friend from there. Then. Whatever. More than a friend, really... we fought through Asgard and Hell together. Sir Ronith Turand - I don't guess you've heard of him?"

Ronith had mentioned someone named Spencer also - But couldn't have been talking about Rampart, his name's Cassidy.

Rampart wrote:"Uhm... and the moral of the story is 'never punch a dome, it might be someone you know?' For the record, I can't turn into a dome..."

"Well, to be fair, he was mind-controlled and protecting our enemies, so even if I had recognized him the result might've been the same."

Rampart wrote:"I'm beginning to sense a theme here -- beyond 'Brute Smash' anyway -- and that's CHIMERA not making briefings on new member dossiers a priority, am I right?"

Brute chuckles. "Oh, they're available. Good luck finding time to review them."

Rook wrote: "I honestly keep hoping to find a cast iron frying pan. Those things are so useful in a lot of ways!"

Brute smiles. "That reminds me of an old movie I saw as a kid - heroes kept running around with a frying pan instead of a sword."

Rook wrote:"Right.. third line. If they start lobbing projectiles though I can meat-shield it up as well. Not so much lasers and.. bombs and fire and stuff. Maybe not arrows.. I'm not certain on that one."

Brute smiles. "We all have our weaknesses. Like, if I get mind-controlled, standing orders are to get outta dodge. Let the Centurions handle it. I like those guys a lot less than I like our guys." He holds up his ring, Draupnir. "Hopefully, though, I have less to fear from that now I've got Odin's Ring. Or a copy of it, at any rate. Odin's got the original."
Brute

Normal Form
AR: 0
HP: 45/45
SDC: 186/186

Monstrous Form
AR: 13
HP: 40/40
SDC: 797/846

Crystal arm SDC: -1/??
Motion detector, 20’ radius range
Predator’s hearing (+2 Initiative, 8X Normal)

Omega Suit
A.R.: 17
SDC: 68/250
Features:
1) Hyper-mimetic alloy fibers change size and molecular composition to fit wearer regardless of APS powers, shape or size changes.
2) Built-in short range encrypted radio transceiver (Omega freq only).
3) Built-in RFID transponder for C.S.P.D. verifies wearer is a Centurion to all C.S.P.D. and their precise GPS location within 20'

Draupnir
    Mind Block Auto-Defense
    +2 vs. magic; +2 vs. Horror Factor
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Blackhaunt » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:31 am

WAINGROH
Date: Monday, March 23rd, 2043
Weather: Outside: Sunny, warm, bright (55 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 11:30-11:35 am
Wi-Fi suggests to Rook that she trace the underground cables back to their source. The winged hero is too caught up in searching for metal to defend their self with to hear the suggestion and instead searches through drawers for utensils. She finds a tray of forks, spoons and knives (10 each) in the drawer to the right of the sink and a knife block with 5 different styles of large cooking knife in it.

Seeing that Rook is caught up, and that Wi-Fi can still see the diagram in her mind, she follows the cables to their termination. Moya backs her up. They end up in a room in the SE corner of the building. There's two vending machines pulled away from the wall. The one directly in front of her, on the Southern wall, is where the cables she saw in the description lead. Checking behind it, she sees a box protruding from the wall that has quite a few sockets. The power cord from the vending machine in front of said box splits at the end and would seem to plug into each of them. Looking at the products in the vending machine, there are plenty of bars of candy and other snacks in each of the slots. The touchpad seems almost brand new, except for the worn down number 4 and letter F.

The rest of the Omegas chop it up waiting for something to happen.

MAP
Down In It Office 3.png

What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master

Postby Wi-Fi » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:06 am

Perception: 1d100 = 58
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 85

"I should seize these machines later for my DnD group. Probably won't help the group wizard. He already enjoys his pasta quite a bit. He does knows his way around the Wizard classes like no one else." she comments, "This is not exactly what I thought at first. at least there is no Alt key to hit..." Tapping the radio.

"Brute, Wi-Fi here, I found our objective. Looks pretty straight forward. before I hit this do we have our newest 'recruits' in place?" she asks and untapped her comms.
Radio basic:
OOC Comments
Radio: Basic -- 1d100 = 30 / 104%

"I'll need you to activate a specific circuit. The one that deactivates the electro-magnets holding the lift up. I can telepathically show you if you need me too. Once we trigger we have two minutes to get back to the lift. Moya, you ready? we do this on Brutes call. Much as I trust not trapping the device. I can remotely activate the keys.. Wi-Fi spoke plainly as a layer of silver formed over her. as the spider looked about near the mutant. Wi-Fi still felt something off but could not place be sure. Probably just paranoid.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
Bonuses in green apply only when force aura is active.
PPE: 15
ISP: 94/140
HP: 30 (34 with aura)
SDC: 47 (260)
Aura: 240/260 (Aura also gives superhuman strength)
Swarm status: 5 (all healthy)
Stubby/Rover/Sparky/Nameless #1/Nameless #2
SDC: 50/50/50/50/50
TRS-13
SDC: 50
AR: 6

CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points
• Integrated IRMSS: 20,000 credits to recharge (R:UE, p.263)
Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: sidearm, magazine, E-clip, grenade, canteen, food ration pack, minor items or individual tools.

• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low Lethality)
• Attachment: Flash Pack
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack

Shock Gloves:
• Range: Melee
• Damage: None. This gloves discharge an energy charge that short circuits the nervous system. Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry and dodge for 2d4 melee rounds.
A successful saving throw means the person has successfully fought off the effect and is unimpaired. Roll to save against each strike. Saving throw versus toxins.
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only, five shots total per melee
• Payload: 10/10 shots per charge (no clip)[/size]
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Brute » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:15 am

Conditions: Monstrous Form; APS of Limb: Crystal; Invincible Armor [Natural AR 18, 350 SDC, regen 2d6 SDC per melee, all energy attacks, magic or mundane inflict half damage. The armor offers complete environmental protection from heat, cold, disease, pollution, toxic gases, fumes, etc. and, provides the wearer with an independent oxygen supply.]

Perception: 51% 1d100 = 95 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 4
1d100 = 43

As Wi-Fi and Moya set out to trace the commands for the elevator room, Brute watches Rook search for metal. "When we get back to base, you need to requisition some belt pouches full of steel ball-bearings. And a bandolier of throwing knives. You'll never be out of metal again."

As he waits for Rook and Moya to sleuth out the elevator controls, his antennae continue to scan the environment.

Track by scent 48% 1d100 = 42 (SUCCESS)
Identify common odors 98% 1d100 = 91 (SUCCESS)
Identify uncommon odors 58% 1d100 = 39 (SUCCESS)
Motion detector, 30’ radius range
Identify temperature (within 2 degrees) 98% 1d100 = 16 (SUCCESS)
Identify wind direction and speed 88% 1d100 = 74 (SUCCESS)

Soon enough, his patience is rewarded.

Wi-Fi wrote:"Brute, Wi-Fi here, I found our objective. Looks pretty straight forward. before I hit this do we have our newest 'recruits' in place?"

Brute looks around the room. "Places, everyone. Showtime." Keying on his communicator, he replies. "We're in place. Do your thing and get back here."
Brute

Normal Form

Monstrous Form

Omega Suit
Features:
1) Hyper-mimetic alloy fibers change size and molecular composition to fit wearer regardless of APS powers, shape or size changes.
3) Built-in RFID transponder for C.S.P.D. verifies wearer is a Centurion to all C.S.P.D. and their precise GPS location within 20'

Draupnir
    Mind Block Auto-Defense
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Wi-Fi » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:41 am

(Rolls carried over)

"Okay, Moya Its time. Remember we have 2 minutes to get back to the other end." she reminded her politely, "Should be enough time." Wi-Fi then keys awaits Moya's cue to type in the passcode. this should be easy but the mutant still had concerns. Once they were activated she was headed to the room to regroup. Hopefully, the Force field omegas were undamaged. It meant no ambush. If there was one it would be an interesting fight.

Once back with the group:
"We're here. Whats our Status?" she asks the assembled Omegas.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points
Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: sidearm, magazine, E-clip, grenade, canteen, food ration pack, minor items or individual tools.

Shock Gloves:
• Damage: None. This gloves discharge an energy charge that short circuits the nervous system. Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry and dodge for 2d4 melee rounds.
A successful saving throw means the person has successfully fought off the effect and is unimpaired. Roll to save against each strike. Saving throw versus toxins.
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Spiderweb » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:28 am

Perception: 1d100 = 65 of 30%
Initiative: 1d20 = 20
JIC: 1d20 = 14
JIC%: 1d100 = 16

Barney is thinking about the others getting back in time and it occurs to him, Darn, I should have gone along and strung webbing. I could have grabbed both of them and retracted the webbing in seconds. I will have to mention it to Wi-fi later.

Assuming the others make it back in time, he will grasp his spear and say, "Ready."
Spiderweb
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Sentinel » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:51 am

Sentinel
Perception: 1d100 = 87 /61% (another +15% for arcane)
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 19/ D100 JiC: / 1d100 = 4

Skills:
Detect Ambush 98%/ 1d100 = 85 Sentinel watches and waits for the arrival of a response force.

Yellow Dragon
OOC Comments
Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin,English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu
P.P.E.: 236/236 | H.P.: N/A | M.D.C.: 495/495 AR: 16
Spell reference at this Link

Conditions: Immune to Magic, Illusions, Possession, Poison, Drugs, Gases, and Disease. Does not tire. Half damage from Cold. Radiates no heat and is invisible to infrared and heat sensors. Immune to pressure; solid stone. Regenerates 2d6 MDC/Melee
Awe and/or Horror Factor 14: Enemies must roll a 15 or higher on a twenty sided die to avoid being momentarily awestruck. A failed roll means the individual loses initiative, one of his melee attacks. In this case, roll each melee round in which the character with the divine aura is attacked or speaks.

Spells:
Butcher Bill:

May notice a divine radiance coming from Sentinel and his voice a bit more compelling to the ears.

Sentinel stands at the front door, waiting. The act of searching this place feels mundane and as such beneath one such as he. The last warehouse he searched resulted in the bad guys coming to them on a helicopter through no effort of their own. Perhaps if we wait, so too will the adversaries present themselves. Sentinel thinks as he ponders his next move on reforming the city.

How long has this city been under siege from the crime? What would it take to stop it? What would it take to get the citizens to take up action to fix their own? In my ancient China Honor was a motive for many to turn in their neighbor that harbored illegal actions. he thinks deeply distracted by his own thoughts as the Omega’s still shuffle about the building.

"Where are you two going Ms. Wi-fi?" Sentinel asks as she and Rook hastily shuffle back to the kitchen with a sense of purpose. "I'll follow you." he reflexively states falling in behind the pair not waiting for an answer on where they were going. As Sentinel departs his previous position an ectype can be seen appearing to hold his place at the front door watching for reinforcements.
Yellow Dragon Ledger
OOC Comments
Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin,English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu
P.P.E.: 236/236| H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 495/495 AR: 16 Save vs. Awe/Horror:14 (16) for words spoken and each attack against Sentinel
Ectype 1
Ectype P.P.E.: 236/236 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 495/495 Equipment: Mobile Compact Computer/ HUD interface, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 2
Ectype P.P.E.: 236/236 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 495/495 Equipment: Robot Repair Kit with sophisticated tools, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 3
Ectype P.P.E.: 236/236 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 495/495 Weapon: 40mm MM-1 Multiple Grenade Launcher Equipment: Neckband Radio/ID transponders

ImageImage
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Wi-Fi » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:33 pm

"Where are you two going Ms. Wi-fi?" Sentinel asks as she and Rook hastily shuffle back to the kitchen with a sense of purpose. "I'll follow you."

"Company is aways Welcome. We are setting up to breach. I figure there is an ambush. I figure our new friend, Rampart is setting forcefield decoys to draw fire. Then we will breach. If you can help out with that spell you used on Brute and I for the others as well. Pretty sure they would appreciate it. she says with a nod.

"Moya and I have the fun job of triggering the elevator." she shrugs, "Its the important jobs like this that count. Teamwork makes the Dreamwork.." The mutant was happy to see him back.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points

Shock Gloves:
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Tom Cassidy » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:50 am

Perception: 1d100 = 91/58%
JIC: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 58

Conditions:
- 2,840/3,300 Force Field/Construct SDC at the end of this post
- Flight Disc: 178.25 minutes (713 melees) duration remaining
- Energy Shield: 58.25 minutes (233 melees) duration remaining
- Energy Fist: 58.25 minutes (233 melees) duration remaining
- Hold Breath: 33 minutes (132 melees) duration remaining

Brute wrote:"Did you say 'MercTown?' I have a friend from there. Then. Whatever. More than a friend, really... we fought through Asgard and Hell together. Sir Ronith Turand - I don't guess you've heard of him?"

Rampart raises an eyebrow as Brute starts to comment. Yeah, right--wait, WHAT????? He turns to Brute, his jaw almost comically hanging down. “Hold up -- did I hear that right???” He holds his hand up about 5-6 inches above his head. “Sir Ronith Turand? As in yay-tall, supermodel-skinny, pointy-eared, silver-haired, sword-swinging, I’m-better-than-you-but-you-just-don’t-know-it-yet Sir Ronith Turand? You have GOT be kidding me!” For a long moment, Rampart can’t do anything other than laugh and shake his head. I can’t believe it. I just can’t believe it. No freaking way! Well yeah, I mean, it’s *possible.* If it happened to me it could happen to others too. But the odds? They’d have to be so out there they’d make winning the lottery sound like a sure thing by comparison. But here we are, two random Earthlings with the most random mutual friend in all the cosmos. Guess I was more right then I knew with my ‘small multiverse after all’ comment.

Once he’s able to get himself back under control, however, he clears his throat and nods. “Yeah, I’ve heard of him. Ran with his merc group for a while. Looks like our downtime de-briefing conversation just got a LOT longer, boss. We better have a full case of beer in the fridge back at HQ.”

Brute wrote:"Hopefully, though, I have less to fear from that now I've got Odin's Ring. Or a copy of it, at any rate. Odin's got the original."

Rampart snorts. “Well, that explains that. I bet ol’ Lancelot was like a kid in a candy store if y’all were legit in Asgard -- you and he are the only two Norse worshippers I’ve ever met.”

As Wi-Fi clarifies the activation sequence, however, he facepalms. “D’OH! Can’t believe I didn’t catch that. Guess I was so focused on the idea that the vending machines were hiding a door I didn’t think that maybe they were part of it some other way. That odd cord makes much more sense now.” He shrugs. “Guess that’s why I’m a cop and not an electrician.”

Brute wrote:Brute looks around the room. "Places, everyone. Showtime." Keying on his communicator, he replies. "We're in place. Do your thing and get back here."

Rampart quickly arranges the energy mannequins in a ‘bowling pin’ layout. He looks at the others and shrugs. “Well, seems appropriate I guess.” He slides a bit back and enlarges his flight disc a bit. “I can carry just under half a ton grand total, myself included. Jump on and we’ll follow it down.”

He’ll carry as many as he can down after the elevator, trying to keep a few feet above the platform itself if he can.

Alternatively, if the decision is made for the group to ride the elevator he’ll instead arrange the mannequins to provide the most available cover for any particular firing arcs he can identify.

Guessing at good places to put mannequins to block enemy fire
Surveillance Systems -- 1d100 = 41/85%
Crime Scene Investigation -- 1d100 = 63/90%
Streetwise -- 1d100 = 43/49%

NOTE: No, these are probably not the best skills to use here... but they're the closest he's got. Dammit Jim I'm a cop, not a sniper.

Regardless of where the group actually descends, just before they go down he looks at Brute. “During testing back at the hospital we found out I can hold my breath for half an hour. Let’s see if I can do that in the field -- ‘cause, y’know, gas attacks and stuff. Forgive me if I’m not chatty for the next little bit.” He takes a huge breath and holds it, giving Brute and the others a thumbs-up.
Tom Cassidy

Postby Rook » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:53 am

Conditions: Possibly hovering

PErception: 27% = 1d100 = 81
JIC D20: 1d20 = 1
JIC D100: 1d100 = 77

Rook flashes a grin to Brute at the suggestion. "Good idea, I don't know why I didn't think of that before." the blonde replies before giving a little shrug. "Though, probably because its not really my usual mindset. Hero'ing and weapon'ing and all. Hopefully in time that will change." she adds, tone apologetic.

Grabbing several forks, Rook tucks them into a pocket or pouch or somewhere convenient, then draws out one of the larger knifes -preferably one with some sort of hand-guard. A tilt of her head as she considers her new weapons. "Wasn't there some old, classic comedy movie about a hero that used table forks as weapons? Sorta vaguely remember." she muses before moving into the designated position.

If there is space, she'll unfurl her wings and shift into a hovering stance rather than just standing. Otherwise, Rook will take up just a basic defensive position, knife in hand.
Rook
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Moya » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:30 am

Perception : 1d100 = 58 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 15
JIC: 1d100 = 16

Wi-Fi wrote:"I'll need you to activate a specific circuit. The one that deactivates the electro-magnets holding the lift up. I can telepathically show you if you need me too. Once we trigger we have two minutes to get back to the lift. Moya, you ready? we do this on Brutes call. Much as I trust not trapping the device. I can remotely activate the keys.."

Wi-Fi wrote:"Okay, Moya Its time. Remember we have 2 minutes to get back to the other end." she reminded her politely, "Should be enough time."

Moya accompanies Wi-Fi as they both search for some type of control systems. Her quiet nature makes it perfect for anyone to think in peace. Once they end back at the roo. With the vending machines, Moya shakes her head in disappointment.

I was already here and I was thinking that "that plug" was off for a reason. Guess I was right, just couldn't figure out why. Now I know. Should have went with my gut.

"Nah, I shouldn't need you to show me. I believe I can feel it out and just back track the flow to bypass any jumpers."

Moya stands ready to deactivate the magnetic locks. Waiting for Brute's signal over the radio. She shifts her weight between either leg. Her anticipation can be clearly seen during their wait. Moya's eyes grow big as the screech of the radio fills her ears. Once they are ready, Moya activates the circuits to allow Wi-Fi access to disengage the lock to elevator and then hurries back to regroup with the rest of the Omegas.

"2 minutes?! Unless they are more than 10 miles away, I would say that 2 minutes is plenty of time to get back. You lead I'll be right behind you."

Moya gives Wi-Fi a smile before she follows her back to the room where the elevator is located. She gives the group a thumbs up as she enters the room.

Rampart wrote:“During testing back at the hospital we found out I can hold my breath for half an hour. Let’s see if I can do that in the field -- ‘cause, y’know, gas attacks and stuff. Forgive me if I’m not chatty for the next little bit.”

Moya chuckles and speaks with a snarky tone in her voice.

"Ha! I got you beat. I don't need to breathe at all, so I can hold my breath indefinitely."
HP: 174/174
SDC: 299/299
ISP: 47/51

Consistent Conditions: Mind Block Auto-Defense

Moya Thunderbird
Moya

Postby Brute » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:08 am

(Rolls carried over)

After he gives the signal, Brute waits for the tell-tale hum of electricity to indicate the elevator is now active, and for Wi-Fi and Moya to return. He smiles. I do get to the strangest places:. Blasted hellscape to fight a spider queen... the Labyrinth's subterranean levels... warehouses... street fights... and now this... strange office. With a secret break-room elevator. Wi-Fi's right.

After mentioning Ronith, he is shocked by Rampart's reaction.

Rampart wrote:“Hold up -- did I hear that right??? Sir Ronith Turand? As in yay-tall, supermodel-skinny, pointy-eared, silver-haired, sword-swinging, I’m-better-than-you-but-you-just-don’t-know-it-yet Sir Ronith Turand? You have GOT be kidding me! ...Yeah, I’ve heard of him. Ran with his merc group for a while. Looks like our downtime de-briefing conversation just got a LOT longer, boss. We better have a full case of beer in the fridge back at HQ.”

"Would that be the Knights of the Granite Hall or ... no..." He nods. "Merc Group. Heroes for Hire. You know, I made Ronith and our other friends Honorary Omegas - and gave 'em each a communicator in case we ever see 'em again." He smiles. "Yeah - I wrote a whole debrief that I shared with Balisong and the Powers that Be, but I'd be glad to share it with you... over a beer or three. I assume it's heavily classified, but you seem already in the know, so I guess it's fine to share. Sentinel was with us, you know. And another couple Omegas... who... didn't return. Presence and... another guy. Bennet? BRENNET. Saw 'em briefly on the spaceship... and I worry they didn't get off it before it exploded."

Rampart wrote:“Well, that explains that. I bet ol’ Lancelot was like a kid in a candy store if y’all were legit in Asgard -- you and he are the only two Norse worshippers I’ve ever met.”

Brute nods, thinking about his missing teammates. Just two... We've lost so many... But - with all the time-space fiddlyness that Loki pulled, it's possible they're not dead. Maybe hope isn't such a bad thing.

"Uhh... yeah. I never worshipped any god or gods before I met some in person. I guess I sort of needed... proof. But, I met them, and I know they... care. They pulled us from all over the time-space continuum to fight a vast threat they couldn't face without instigating full-scale pan-dimensional cross-time war. So... Well, I'm not a preacher. We can talk about the gods some other time. Or not at all."

As they talk, Brute's antennae "read the room" to let him know if he senses the electricity to the room-a-vator come back on.

Identify uncommon odors 58% 1d100 = 15 (ozone - as from electricity - SUCCESS)
Hearing (8XNormal - to hear the subaudible hum of electronics working)

If or When he senses the elevator is on, he radios the group. "That's it, good work. Double-time it back here."
Brute

Normal Form

Monstrous Form

Omega Suit
Features:

Draupnir
    Mind Block Auto-Defense
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Blackhaunt » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:21 pm

WAINGROH
Weather: Outside: Sunny, warm, bright (55 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 11:35-11:40 am

Sentinel, Wi-Fi and Moya all gather in the room with the vending machines. Moya reaches into the electrical system and finds that the only way to turn on the elevator is to restore power to the entire building. The shutoff that she enacted earlier was so widesweeping and she can't sense a specific electrical current that would control just the elevator while keeping the rest of the building shut down. Making sure the plugs for the vending machine are back in, she does her thing. Once she restores power to the building, she can feel the surge of electricity as it flows back into the devices on this floor of the building.

Wi-Fi presses F and then 4. Then the trio returns to the elevator room.

Rampart keeps his human shaped constructs on one side of the room to allow them to head down the elevator first. Brute senses that the elevator is on. Well, really he senses the coffee pot heating up after having been shut down previously.

When one of the Omegas moves the coffee pot from the heater, a small section of the floor begins to slowly descend. Everyone's guesswork paid off and they have officially accessed an elevator. It's a basic lift with no siding, just hydraulic lifts underneath.

Sending the energy mannequins down first, the Omegas wait for some sort of loud evidence of a fight but they are met only with the sounds of the elevator smoothly reaching the bottom floor.

Once the Omegas notice that nothing is coming for them immediately, they have the option of either hopping down or returning the elevator and riding it down. It fits 6 regular sized people just fine but including the massive Brute, it's a snug ride. (Up to you, just describe getting down in your next post. Not holding us up for that.)

Open link in new tab for mood music.

Downstairs, it is dark save one flickering florescent bulb. You're in a rather long brick hallway that leads to nowhere. To your left, there are two sets of doors. One north, one south. They are industrial sliding doors that look fairly new, though nothing else in the hall does. You can hear some machinery in the background.

DOOR
door.jpg
door.jpg (29.08 KiB) Viewed 2513 times

MAP
Down In It Hallway.png

What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master

Postby Spiderweb » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:33 am

Perception: 1d100 = 40 of 30%
JIC: 1d20 = 8
JIC%: 1d100 = 28

Barney tosses a web line at the roof and prepares to lower himself down, he sees no reason wait for the elevator to come back up. He pauses though, and then says, "I can lower down anyone who needs it."

Barney notes, As long as I am holding Ananzi's Fang, I am easily strong enough to lift any of them.

Once everyone who wants the help has been lowered to the next floor, he lowers himself on the line as well.

Climb Rope: 1d100 = 43 of 98%
Spiderweb
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Wi-Fi » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:12 am

Perception: 1d100 = 20/
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 71

"I say we keep this basic but safe. once we get to the bottom tactical formation. So far the decoys have not been shot at..It should be safe enough. The building does have power and that means doors and cameras are on. Once down there we should de-power the place or I can try to override the system. Brute, your call." she adds. as she looks over the edge up tho the ceiling to see if the spiders could climb before stepping on the force-field of Ramparts Should he make one. Otherwise goes with Webs. If she has to carry her spiderbots it would be easy enough to.

"Those who can climb or fly be ready for action. Unless, anyone else if you have any ideas we should be moving. Now is the time and be be quick about it. Villainy waits for no one." she spoke then sang to herself quietly.

Being XO was a task that required assisting lead. Brute was great in a fight but tended to punch through problems more often than not. He was more tactical lately though. A few loses and near fatal charges does that. As much as she would like to say it was her, but he was just a smart.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points

Shock Gloves:
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Brute » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:25 am

Conditions: Monstrous Form; APS of Limb: Crystal; Invincible Armor [Natural AR 18, 350 SDC, regen 2d6 SDC per melee, all energy attacks, magic or mundane inflict half damage. The armor offers complete environmental protection from heat, cold, disease, pollution, toxic gases, fumes, etc. and, provides the wearer with an independent oxygen supply.]

Perception: 51% 1d100 = 19 (SUCCESS)

1d100 = 28

Brute rides down the elevator, ready for a fight at the bottom. Perhaps the decoys didn't fool anyone - got to be prepared anyway.

Wi-Fi wrote:"I say we keep this basic but safe. once we get to the bottom tactical formation. So far the decoys have not been shot at..It should be safe enough. The building does have power and that means doors and cameras are on. Once down there we should de-power the place or I can try to override the system. Brute, your call."

Brute smiles and winks. "You're the boss." He gestures to the Omegas to proceed quietly, takes point with Moya as discussed previously, and stalks his way to the intersection with the two doors.

Prowl 92% 1d100 = 82 (SUCCESS)

He examines each door with his heightened senses - sensing and smelling the air from each door, and using his predator's hearing to get a sense of what lays beyond.

Track by scent 48% 1d100 = 78 (FAIL)
Identify common odors 98% 1d100 = 21 (SUCCESS)
Identify uncommon odors 58% 1d100 = 36 (uncommon machine odors as well as other telltale smells - SUCCESS)
Identify temperature (within 2 degrees) 98% 1d100 = 21 (SUCCESS)
Identify wind direction and speed 88% 1d100 = 49 (SUCCESS)

Predator's hearing (12X normal)

Intelligence 54% 1d100 = 19 (to try to determine by sound and smell - if applicable - what kind of machinery he is hearing - SUCCESS)
Criminal Science 57% 1d100 = 6 (what kinds of machinery Ironvein typically employs - SUCCESS)
Streetwise 64% 1d100 = 38 (Ironvein's rep/M.O. for defending his turf - SUCCESS)
Brute

Normal Form

Monstrous Form

Omega Suit
Features:

Draupnir
    Mind Block Auto-Defense
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Spiderweb » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:04 pm

(Rolls Held Over)
Barney thinks, I can see the invisible and see in the dark, neither one particularly useful here. I can break open nearly any door using his spear as a pry bar and his spider-like strength...barring bank vault doors and the like. If they need my abilities, they know what they are.

He will keep his eyes open...and says, "If someone can find the cameras and figure out where they are monitored, it might help us find the command center of this place."
Spiderweb
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Rook » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:58 pm

Condition: Hovering if there is room for it, otherwise nothing specific

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 9
JIC D20: 1d20 = 3
JIC D100: 1d100 = 51

Rook feels a little nervous, though not quite as much as earlier during the fire-fight on the street; at least there aren't civilians around now. Drawing in a deep breath, the young mother carefully fingers the metal knife in her hand, glancing to the others in turn then moving to her own assigned spot and taking up a bit of a defensive stance. As they reach the bottom and the doors open, Rook frowns slightly. "And this is why I would like some sort of night-vision goggles." she murmurs half to herself. Unable to see through the darkness, the winged heroine holds back ever so slightly, looking to Brute and Wi-Fi for further instructions.

(OOC: As noted under Condition, if there is room for her wings Rook will hover rather than just stand, as she is aware that it improves her combat abilities and maneuverability)
Rook
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Blackhaunt » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:00 pm

WAINGROH
Weather:
  • Outside: Sunny, warm, bright (55 degrees Fahrenheit)
  • Inside: Muggy, heavy air, dark (45 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 11:40-11:42 am

In the hallway, the flickering light and faint sound of machinery paint an ominous picture of what awaits on the other side of the doors.

Spiderweb suggests following the cameras, once found, to the command center.

Rook finds that there is not enough room for her to hover, due to her wingspan. The hall is long and tall but not wide. As the light bulb overhead flickers, she gets glimpses of the brick-lined hall. Nothing special about it.

Brute checks the two doors separately with his super senses. He detects the same noises coming from behind both. Some high pitched sounds, some gears. Definitely “science sounds”. Laboratory equipment possibly? This seems to fit Ironvein's M.O. as he typically employs some sort of science aspect to his crimes despite his massive size. Brute can't think of any sort of stories regarding Ironvein and self defense. Mostly because no one has dared to invade his space to the public knowledge. He can faintly pick up the sound of someone speaking... mumbling? He can smell the scent of ionization in the air as well as whiffs of sulphur. And then with his superhearing, he hears the sound of a scream and gargling combined. The kind of sound someone would make if they were drowning but you could somehow hear underwater.

What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master

Postby Brute » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:36 am

Perception: 51% 1d100 = 67 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 9
1d100 = 20

Brute tries to listen and analyze the sounds from the spaces behind the doors. It seems like a lab... but some of the smells seem off. Sulphur? That could be one of their fire-guys... or...

Lore: Magic 35% 1d100 = 55 (do these sounds and smells add up to sorcery? - FAIL)
Recognize Enchantment 20% 1d100 = 29 (FAIL)

Track by scent 48% 1d100 = 69 (FAIL)
Identify common odors 98% 1d100 = 59 (SUCCESS)
Identify uncommon odors 58% 1d100 = 8 (SUCCESS)
Identify temperature (within 2 degrees) 98% 1d100 = 1 (CRIT SUCCESS)
Identify wind direction and speed 88% 1d100 = 69 (SUCCESS)

His analysis comes to a halt when he hears the scream.

"Go time."

Brute slides open the metal door and steps inside, ready for a brawl. He steps in and looks around, identifying his targets: anyone he recognizes as being in the Order or the Young Elite, prioritizing attacks on Vulcan or Uber if they're present. He'll target Vulcan first, above all others, if he's present, due to how dangerous he is. Uber comes a close second. He then runs into the room and proceeds to wallop the bad guys at the highest speed he can muster in these close confines. In an unusual display of anger, Brute does not issue an order to surrender.

if he sees a victim, he shouts: "Webs! Rook! Get that person to safety!"

Initiative: 1d20+8 = 15

APM: 8

Action 1: Take a moment to identify my targets. Priority order: Vulcan #1, Uber #2, Ironvein #3, anyone else/all others #4.

If Vulcan is there, or Ironvein or Uber
Actions 2-3: Power Punch with crystalline fist 1d20+5 = 25 (Nat. 20!); Damage 2d6+45 = 47 + 3d6*10 = 130 = 177 X 2 (Crit) = 354 + Knockout

If anyone else is the highest-priority target present
Action 2: Bludgeon with crystalline fist 1d20+5 = 18 ; Damage 2d6+45 = 47 + 2d4*10 = 70 = 117
Action 3: Bludgeon with crystalline fist 1d20+5 = 15; Damage 2d6+45 = 53 + 2d4*10 = 50 = 103

Action then continues as follows, regardless of target
Action 4: Slash with Serious 1d20+5 = 23 (Crit!); Damage 2d6+45 = 53 + 2d4*10 = 50 = 103 X2 = 206
Action 5: Slash with Results 1d20+5 = 21; Damage 2d6+45 = 52 + 2d4*10 = 50 = 102
Action 6: Bludgeon with crystalline fist 1d20+5 = 7; Damage 2d6+45 = 55 + 2d4*10 = 70 = 125
Action 7: Reserved for Dodge (if autododge fails) 1d20+16 = 20
Action 8: Reserved for Dodge (if autododge fails) 1d20+16 = 33

Parries (if needed): 1) 1d20+14 = 17; 2) 1d20+14 = 19; 3) 1d20+14 = 26; 4) 1d20+14 = 19; 5) 1d20+14 = 24; 6) 1d20+14 = 25; 7) 1d20+14 = 34 (Nat. 20!); 8 ) 1d20+14 = 22

Autododge (if needed): 1) 1d20+2 = 12; 2) 1d20+2 = 22 (Nat. 20!); 3) 1d20+2 = 4; 4) 1d20+2 = 16; 5) 1d20+2 = 22 (Nat. 20!); 6) 1d20+2 = 8; 7) 1d20+2 = 14; 8 ) 1d20+2 = 16
Brute

Normal Form

Monstrous Form

Omega Suit
Features:

Draupnir
    Mind Block Auto-Defense
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Spiderweb » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:40 am

Perception: 1d100 = 92 of 30%
Initiative: 1d20 = 2
JIC%: 1d100 = 55

Barney morphs into his armored form, preparing for battle, and looks around. He sees nothing at first, but Brute indicates a door and tells them it is time to go there. He adds some bone spurs that he can use for melee or blocking attacks.

He thinks, That is the advantage of a team, each member has something to contribute.

Our basic battle plan has one of the new people going in first, so he takes a place further back and prepares for ranged action. He can throw his spear, or bone shards, or webbing, or even put up a force field around someone, plenty of ranged options.

When the door opens, he will evaluate the situation.

1) Assuming that Brute orders him to get a victim out:
a) check the person to see if they can be safely moved: First Aid 1d100 = 7 of 75% (for a diagnosis)
b) if they are an aquatic person in a tank (which sounds possible) removing them from the tank may be difficult, so try to figure out if the whole tank can be moved: Intelligence 1d100 = 64 of 52% (most applicable skill)
c) If the person is badly injured, such as a punctured lung (which might also produce an effect similar to what Brute heard), use ectoplasmic webbing to patch and support: First Aid 1d100 = 38 of 75% (emergency treatment)
d) if the person can not be moved safely or treated with his skills, put a force field up to protect them, then check to see where he can be of most use in combat

2) Assuming he sees an enemy before being ordered to get a victim out, or no such order is given, his first attack will be to throw his spear at what looks to be the toughest target (someone who is armored or visibly made of abnormal materials or is otherwise physically imposing).

(Action 1-2 or 3)
1) Attack (Throw Spear) 1d20+7 = 18, Damage (Thrown Spear) 6d6+10 = 32, Parry (with bone weapons) 1d20+6 = 22
2) If attack hit catch spear on return and use it to parry any attacks (Parry with spear) 1d20+5 = 11, If attack misses hit on return strike Attack (Throw Spear) 1d20+7 = 24, Damage (Thrown Spear) 6d6+10 = 24, Parry (with bone weapons) 1d20+6 = 17
3) (only if first attack missed) catch spear on return and use it to parry any attacks (Parry with spear) 1d20+5 = 9

If entering the fray late, or not ordered to save a victim, he will attempt to use webbing to impede an enemy.
Web to catch or hold= 2 actions Strike 1d20+3 = 11, Parry (spear) 1d20+5 = 17

If any actions remain: Dodge 1d20+4 = 8
Spiderweb
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Wi-Fi » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:28 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 52/
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 63
Rook:
"And this is why I would like some sort of night-vision goggles." she murmurs half to herself.

Spiderweb:
"If someone can find the cameras and figure out where they are monitored, it might help us find the command center of this place."

Too quiet she thinks to herself observing the hall. A good place to set up defenses though. Webs does have a point. security center would be nice to find. Rook also made a good point. The flashlights could give them away.

"I'll see to it if I make back in one piece." she nods to the rookie, "We can use flares to make invisible light. A good edge when dealing with those not able to see infrared." she answers.

"Soon as we get a free moment Pretty sure Moya and I can do that." Wi-Fi replied looking, but soon as Brute spoke she grinned, "No rest for the wicked.."

Brute:

"Go time."

"Right, I'll do what I can to help." If there was a science based attack to parried or dodged she was ready though. she was not going to use guns incase of flame and explosive sensitive materials. Now was a time to try the directed force idea she had with her aura...(i.e. Directed force)

Combat: (if needed)
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 16
Actions/Intent: Support Brute by targeting his targets or those going after him or Rook/Spiderweb.
Combat
OOC Comments
1 Find cover
2 Roll to Strike: Directed Force Bolts 1d20 = 5 | Damage: 6d6 = 24
3 Roll to Strike: 1d20 = 2 | Damage: 6d6 = 21
4 Roll to Strike: 1d20 = 14 | Damage: 6d6 = 20
5 Roll to Strike: 1d20 = 18 | Damage: 6d6 = 21
6 Roll to Strike: 1d20 = 18 | Damage: 6d6 = 19
7 Return to cover

Parry: (if she can not fire on targets or if needed)
OOC Comments
11d20+5 = 24
21d20+5 = 20
31d20+5 = 23
41d20+5 = 11
51d20+5 = 23
61d20+5 = 17
71d20+5 = 18

Dodges: (if she can not fire on targets or if needed)
OOC Comments
11d20+5 = 11
21d20+5 = 17
31d20+5 = 13
41d20+5 = 14
51d20+5 = 7
61d20+5 = 16
71d20+5 = 6
Last edited by Wi-Fi on Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points

Shock Gloves:
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Moya » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:23 am

Perception : 1d100 = 70 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 16
JIC: 1d100 = 11

Maya watches down the hallway. Her adrenaline starts to rush as Brute yells.

Brute wrote:"Go time."

Sweet. Time for some action. Hope it's not over before it even begins.

Moya draws her bow as Brute swings the door open. Expecting a firefight, she rushes in behind him. She takes a quick moment to gauge the severity of each enemy. She will attack who ever looks to be the bigger threat. Releasing the bowstring. If the targets seems to be unaffected by the arrow, she will switch to her M-161A. Of Moya need to, she will position herself in front of anyone who needs some shielding.

Initiative: 1d20+5 = 7
Actions per melee: 7

Action 1: Attack with Bow. Strike: 1d20+3 = 14 Damage: 2d6 = 8
Action 2: Attack with bow or switch to M-161A.
Action 3: Attack with Bow. Strike: 1d20+3 = 22 damage: 2d6 = 5 OR Attack with M-161A Strike: 1d20+3 = 7 damage: 4d6 = 10
Action 4: Attack with Bow. Strike: 1d20+3 = 14 damage: 2d6 = 3 OR Attack with M-161A Strike: 1d20+3 = 11 damage: 4d6 = 8
Action 5: Attack with Bow. Strike: 1d20+3 = 22 damage: 2d6 = 6 OR Attack with M-161A Strike: 1d20+3 = 10 damage: 4d6 = 10
Action 6: Reserved for Dodge if Auto dodge fails 1d20+5 = 7 OR move to act as a shield
Action 7: Reserved for Dodge if Auto dodge fails 1d20+5 = 13 OR move to act as a shield

Parry rolls: 1d20+8 = 12, 1d20+8 = 21, 1d20+8 = 16, 1d20+8 = 22, 1d20+8 = 10, 1d20+8 = 13, 1d20+8 = 12, 1d20+8 = 23

Auto-dodge rolls : 1d20+2 = 15, 1d20+2 = 9, 1d20+2 = 18, 1d20+2 = 16, 1d20+2 = 14, 1d20+2 = 5, 1d20+2 = 15, 1d20+2 = 14

Moya Thunderbird
Moya

Postby Rook » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:55 am

Condition: Nothing special currently

Perception: 27% 1d100 = 92
JIC D20: 1d20 = 2
JIC D100: 1d100 = 54

Unable to hear what Brute hears, Rook stands back and on-guard as she watches their leader.. doing something. Listening? Sniffing? Antenna-ing? However, as he goes tense the blonde heroine does the same, crouching ever so slightly and focusing a bit more on the door; as Brute issues orders she nods.

Reading herself and doing her best to check the slight shaking, Rook grips her make-shift weapon tightly, and moves in after the rest of the group - immediately she starts to look about for non-enemies that might need rescuring, taking a defensive stance first to evaluate the situation..

-----

OOC Comments
Initiative 1d20+1: 1d20+1 = 18
Number of Actions: 6

Without knowing exactly what is behind the door, Rook will take a more defensive presence during the first round, focusing on observing the area and avoiding attacks. If there is room, she will go into a hover stance, especially if she can get a height advantage (10+ feet at least). If there are signs of a hostage or victim, she will make an effort to fly or run in that direction, assuming doing so isn't immediately suicidal.

Will spend all actions on active dodging and/or moving rather than attacking. All dodges are base 1d20+9
1: 1d20+9 = 24
2: 1d20+9 = 11
3: 1d20+9 = 13
4: 1d20+9 = 17
5: 1d20+9 = 26
6: 1d20+9 = 28

All dodges increase by +4 if she is able to hover
Rook
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Blackhaunt » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:30 pm

WAINGROH
Weather:
  • Inside: Muggy, heavy air, decent lighting (45 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 11:42-11:43 am

Brute reacts to the sound of someone in pain and throws the door open, rushing in first, taking stock second. In his rush, to his left behind a set of pillars, he sees a humanoid starfield walking toward the back of the room that must be Deathstar. Brute catches him by surprise and socks him in the back of the head. When Brute goes to hit him a second time, he comes across a forcefield an inch out from Deathstar's body. The rest of the team works on catching up to Brute and eventually Spiderweb's spear whizzes in and strikes the same forcefield before it begins its return trip to Spiderweb. Moya's bow also hits the forcefield surrounding the starry guy. The starry man spins around and flies backwards away from Brute's assault. He says out loud ”We've got company!” His voice is both raspy and wet at the same time. Wi-Fi and Rook head into the room and find some cover behind one of the many pillars straddling the walls.

Taking in their surroundings after rushing in, the Omegas see a large room with green brick walls. The room is larger than the entire office above it. It is lit by hanging florescent light bulbs in rows down its length. At the opposite end of the door that the group entered from is heard a scream followed by a crunching/snapping sound followed by a vaguely British voice saying "Be right out.". From somewhere to the right of that, science sounds can be heard. Light seems to come from a doorway to the left at the end of the room.

MAP
Down In It Lair.png

What are you doing? Combat Posts!
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master

Postby Spiderweb » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:19 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 83 of 30%
Initiative: 1d20 = 6
JIC%: 1d100 = 9

Barney decides his best bet is to try to use his webbing to Immobilize and contain Deathstar. His webbing might not be the most offensive of powers, but used properly it can hold most foes where they can do less harm.

Not all that useful against energy wielders, Barney reminds himself.

Still, it is worth a try.

Actions Per Round: 5
Action 1: Move closer to the fight, be prepared to dodge or parry if needed. Parry with spear (if applicable) 1d20+6 = 18, Dodge if required 1d20+4 = 10
Action 2-5: Spin a web to immobilize a foe 1d20+3 = 20, Parry with spear if Applicable 1d20+6 = 16
Spiderweb
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Brute » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:34 am

Conditions: Monstrous Form; APS of Limb: Crystal

Perception: 51% 1d100 = 42 (SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20 = 20
1d100 = 95

Squaring off against the enigmatic hero-turned-villain, Brute eyeballs him. "Deathstar. I've read about you. It's not too late for you... you can surrender, turn yourself around."

Intelligence 54% 1d100 = 97 (what do I remember about Deathstar? powers, potential weaknesses? - FAIL)

Track by scent 48% 1d100 = 36 (SUCCESS)
Identify common odors 98% 1d100 = 7 (SUCCESS)
Identify uncommon odors 58% 1d100 = 61 (FAIL)
Identify temperature (within 2 degrees) 98% 1d100 = 36 (SUCCESS)
Identify wind direction and speed 88% 1d100 = 56 (SUCCESS)

Brute goes toe-to-toe with the villain, unconcerned about the forcefield. All forcefields come down eventually He hammers away at the forcefield, hoping to crack it open and expose the juicy meats inside.

Initiative: 1d20+8 = 13

Action 1-2: Power Punch with crystalline fist 1d20+5 = 22; Damage 2d6+45 = 52 + 3d6*10 = 110 = 162
Action 3: Slash with Serious 1d20+5 = 15; Damage 2d6+45 = 57 + 2d4*10 = 30 = 87
Action 4: Slash with Results 1d20+5 = 13; Damage 2d6+45 = 48 + 2d4*10 = 20 = 68
Action 5: Bludgeon with crystalline fist 1d20+5 = 7; Damage 2d6+45 = 50 + 2d4*10 = 30 = 80
Action 6: Bludgeon with crystalline fist 1d20+5 = 14; Damage 2d6+45 = 56 + 2d4*10 = 60 = 116
Action 7: Reserved for Dodge (if autododge fails) 1d20+16 = 25
Action 8: Reserved for Dodge (if autododge fails) 1d20+16 = 32

Parries (if needed): 1) 1d20+14 = 25; 2) 1d20+14 = 32; 3) 1d20+14 = 22; 4) 1d20+14 = 17; 5) 1d20+14 = 15; 6) 1d20+14 = 31; 7) 1d20+14 = 30; 8 ) 1d20+14 = 15
Autododge (if needed): 1) 1d20+2 = 14; 2) 1d20+2 = 9; 3) 1d20+2 = 21; 4) 1d20+2 = 13; 5) 1d20+2 = 21; 6) 1d20+2 = 18; 7) 1d20+2 = 9; 8 ) 1d20+2 = 3 (Nat. 1!)
Brute

Normal Form

Monstrous Form

Omega Suit
Features:

Draupnir
    Mind Block Auto-Defense
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Wi-Fi » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:47 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 80/62%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 31

"Well, This will be interesting. Weakness's..he must have them, even non-Physical traits..If I recall he was the astronaut..Void, probably something like a living black hole maybe?" she thinks to herself looking for a way to get to the walking void defeated. If there was a structure to surround him that was sturdy. His powers what ever they were could not operate through metal or think material she hoped. If they had not started a fight or she spoke perhaps..but this how it goes.

The mutant fired an arc of electricity if she could safely get it past Brute or other allies. Observing Deathstar while peaking out of cover for any traits, habits or other noticeable signs of importance. One such example might be a certain way of flinching or reacting to a a damage type. Reactions to damage types could indicate weakness to or invulnerability to.

OOC Comments
Criminal Science & Forensic Medicine -- 1d100 = 70/89% (Pass!)
Intelligence -- 1d100 = 69/60% (fail)

Initiative:
Actions:
Attacks: 7
1: Aura activate
2: Electrical Resistance: Self; Duration: 3 minutes per level; Electrical Resistance: 4/use
3: Look out from cover
4: Electrical Discharge: Range: Touch or 30ft+ 10 feet/level, ISP: 4/jolt
Roll to Strike: 1d20 = 10 | Damage: 2d6 = 10
5: Electrical Discharge: Range: Touch or 30ft+ 10 feet/level, ISP: 4/jolt
Roll to Strike: 1d20 = 5 | Damage: 2d6 = 6
6: Electrical Discharge: Range: Touch or 30ft+ 10 feet/level, ISP: 4/jolt
Roll to Strike: 1d20 = 18 | Damage: 2d6 = 4
7: re-enter cover
10d100 = 775
10d100 = 556
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points

Shock Gloves:
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Moya » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:04 am

Perception : 1d100 = 37 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 16
JIC: 1d100 = 7

Watching her arrow bounce off an invisible wall, she takes a quick glance around the room to see if there is any other threats. If she sees any then she will fire an arrow at them. If her bow seems ineffective she will switch to her M-161a. If she cannot see anyone else, Moya will use her extraordinary speed to circle.around to the back side of Deathstar. Once she behind him, Moya will fire her bow again at him. If her arrow bounce of another force field, Moya will then switch to her M-161a and begin firing.

Initiative: 1d20+5 = 6

If there is no other threats
Action 1: Run aground behind Darkside.
Action 2: Attack with bow.
Action 3: Attack with Bow or M-161a. Strike: 1d20+3 = 13 damage: 2d6 = 4 OR Attack with M-161A Strike: 1d20+3 = 7 damage: 4d6 = 10
Action 4: Attack with Bow or M-161a. Strike: 1d20+3 = 11 damage: 2d6 = 9 OR Attack with M-161A Strike: 1d20+3 = 11 damage: 4d6 = 17
Action 5: Attack with Bow or M-161a. Strike: 1d20+3 = 8 damage: 2d6 = 7 OR Attack with M-161A Strike: 1d20+3 = 12 damage: 4d6 = 16
Action 6: Reserved for Dodge if Auto dodge fails 1d20+5 = 17 OR move to act as a shield
Action 7: Reserved for Dodge if Auto dodge fails 1d20+5 = 17 OR move to act as a shield

If there are other threats
Action 1: Attack with Bow. Strike: 1d20+3 = 19 damage: 2d6 = 10
Action 2: Attack with Bow or M-161a. Strike: 1d20+3 = 23 (crit) damage: 2d6 = 12 OR Attack with M-161A Strike: 1d20+3 = 21 damage: 4d6 = 11
Action 3: Attack with Bow or M-161a. Strike: 1d20+3 = 9 damage: 2d6 = 7 OR Attack with M-161A Strike: 1d20+3 = 21 damage: 4d6 = 14
Action 4: Attack with Bow or M-161a. Strike: 1d20+3 = 17 damage: 2d6 = 4 OR Attack with M-161A Strike: 1d20+3 = 9 damage: 4d6 = 14
Action 5: Attack with Bow or M-161a. Strike: 1d20+3 = 12 damage: 2d6 = 8 OR Attack with M-161A Strike: 1d20+3 = 19 damage: 4d6 = 15
Action 6: Reserved for Dodge if Auto dodge fails 1d20+5 = 16 OR move to act as a shield
Action 7: Reserved for Dodge if Auto dodge fails 1d20+5 = 11 OR move to act as a shield

Parry rolls: 1d20+8 = 28 (crit) , 1d20+8 = 18, 1d20+8 = 21, 1d20+8 = 27, 1d20+8 = 20, 1d20+8 = 26, 1d20+8 = 20, 1d20+8 = 23

Auto-dodge rolls : 1d20+2 = 18, 1d20+2 = 12, 1d20+2 = 17, 1d20+2 = 6, 1d20+2 = 13, 1d20+2 = 5, 1d20+2 = 14, 1d20+2 = 10

Moya Thunderbird
Moya

Postby Blackhaunt » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:08 am

WAINGROH
Weather:
Time: 11:43:00-11:43:15 am

Brute winds up for a high powered punch just as his antenna sense a severe temperature drop. Deathstar blasts him with a bolt of black energy from his eyes and Brute feels a searing pain run through his body. It's as if his insides all wanted to burst and his skin wanted to explode. His breath rushes out of his lungs and anything he was thinking of saying is lost to the desire to keep fighting. His antenna momentarily overload from the abundance of sensation. He tries to shake it off but is still a bit off his game (-4 to strike, dodge and parry and -13% to skills for 2 melee rounds). Spiderweb moves in closer. Moya moves in behind Deathstar. Wi-Fi activates her Force Aura.

Brute finishes his swing but the attack from earlier throws his aim off and he misses due to a pretty sweet dodge from the milky darkness that is Deathstar. Brute slams into the wall and pulls his fist out, leaving a massive crater. Deathstar draws his hand back and this time not only Brute but also Moya feels the air removed. Not from their lungs, but from everywhere around them. There is no oxygen to breathe. Spiderweb starts spinning a web from his hands to immobilize Deathstar. He fires off some strands of webbing that stick to the wall to start off his net. Moya Thunderbird gets her bow ready but does not strike (no rolls). Wi-Fi mentally wills herself resistant to electricity.

Brute slashes at Deathstar with Serious but the previous depressurization he experienced still has him off his game. He underestimates the strength needed to strike and bounces off of the skin of the outer space given human form. He's still having an impossible time regaining his breath. Deathstar releases a blinding flash of light in the 20 feet around him. It singes a couple of Omega Suits but no serious damage. Spiderweb continues crafting a web by attaching it to the ceiling above/around Deathstar. Out of the corner of his eye, while fighting Deathstar, Brute notices a male teenager in a red top and blue jeans running toward the fight, just about to close in. Moya lets loose an arrow from her bow, hitting Deathstar's forcefield. She begins to switch to her rifle. Wi-Fi looks out from behind her cover.

Brute slashes at Deathstar with Results but has the same lackluster...results... as last time. His claw bounces off of the superhumanly hardened skin of this space nothing turned man. Deathstar fires a blast of energy at Brute close up but the big red monster's antenna can still sense when he's being attacked. He dodges out of the way with a great amount of effort. Spiderweb has almost finished attaching his web to the ceiling, tossing strand after strand into a woven masterpiece. The teenager continues running and just before he reaches Moya's location, he yells something in a different language that sounds like ”Oh my god”, then disappears in a puff of grey and purple putrid smoke. In his place, a shambling nightmare of a mummy appears. Moya fires off her rifle at Deathstar but he avoids it. Wi-Fi lets loose with an electrical blast that ricochets off of the skin of Deathstar and strikes the ceiling, gouging out a small line.

Brute tries to strike with his crystalline fist but can't seem to gauge his strength appropriately. It just slides off the skin of Deathstar. Deathstar follows up with an energy blast that misses entirely. Spiderweb is just about done with the top part of his web, now he just needs to attach it to Deathstar. The mummy's right hand turns into an axe. Moya fires her last blast at Deathstar, which connects. She then turns her attention to the mummy with an axe hand behind her. Wi-Fi shoots another electrical blast at Deathstar but it also doesn't penetrate.

Spiderweb feels his right arm go numb. Then he watches as it moves without him, changing targets from Deathstar to Brute. Brute punches again with his crystal arm but can't get through Deathstar's skin. The mummy slashes at Moya but M. Thunderbird was prepared and parries the blow easily. She still can't catch a breath. Wi-Fi finally connects with her electrical attack, tearing across Deathstar's body. But the results are underwhelming as the energy seems to barely phase him.

Spiderweb watches in horror as his right arm gestures to fling the connecting web at Brute! Brute's antenna sense the incoming movement and he avoids being completely incapacitated. Upon looking toward Spiderweb to figure out why his teammate missed and almost attacked him, he sees a demon materialize behind him. A demon in a nice suit.

MAP
Down In It Lair 2.png

What are you doing? Combat Posts! Round 2!

Butcher's Bill
Brute:
-4 to strike, parry and dodge and -25% to skills for 2 melee rounds.
-16 to Omega Suit.
No oxygen.

Moya:
-16 to Omega Suit.
No oxygen.

Spiderweb:
No use of Right arm.
No use of Ectoplasmic Webbing.
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master

Postby Spiderweb » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:57 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 65 of 30%
Initiative: 1d20 = 19
JIC: 1d20 = 12
JIC%: 1d100 = 12

Barney watches his arm act on its own and in a panic tries to dispel his web before it can incapacitate Brute. He discovers another force in his mind, controlling his powers.

He calls out on Omega frequency, "Watch out, something has taken control over my powers and my right arm. Will attempt to regain control."

Barney starts moving into a series of acrobatic flips and tumbles to keep whoever is using his arm and powers from aiming (and other enemies from hitting him). In the meantime, he attempts to regain control of his arm and his powers. He also drops his spear intentionally, it is too dangerous to let the enemy use it...and anyone using it without his permission will find it to be nothing but an unbreakable pole.

5 Actions
1) Acrobatics (Back Flip) 1d100 = 14 of 98%, Dodge 1d20+4 = 17, Save vs Possession (limb) 1d20 = 5, Save vs Possession (Super Abilities) 1d20 = 19
2) Acrobatics (Back Flip) 1d100 = 92 of 98%, Dodge 1d20+4 = 7, Save vs Possession (limb) 1d20 = 10, Save vs Possession (Super Abilities) 1d20 = 4
3) Acrobatics (Back Flip) 1d100 = 83 of 98%, Dodge 1d20+4 = 22, Save vs Possession (limb) 1d20 = 18, Save vs Possession (Super Abilities) 1d20 = 6
4) Acrobatics (Back Flip) 1d100 = 47 of 98%, Dodge 1d20+4 = 8, Save vs Possession (limb) dice]1d20[/dice], Save vs Possession (Super Abilities) 1d20 = 9
5) Acrobatics (Back Flip) 1d100 = 15 of 98%, Dodge 1d20+4 = 18, Save vs Possession (limb) 1d20 = 19, Save vs Possession (Super Abilities) 1d20 = 15

In the event he regains control (and can tell he has) he will try to recover his spear and see if he can figure out who was attacking him from where. If he DOES figure out where the attack came from, he will throw his spear at the one who did it. Otherwise, he will throw as directed at Zombar.

Option Action: #1
Throw Spear 1d20+9 = 12, Damage 5d6+10 = 34
Option #2: if he is free but he can not determine who was controlling him, he will use his spear to put a force field around Deathstar.
Last edited by Spiderweb on Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spiderweb
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Rook » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:45 am

Conditions: Will be hovering this turn

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 51
JIC 1d20: 1d20 = 5
JIC 1d100: 1d100 = 12

Rook shakes her head a little as she takes in the initial opening salvos of the fight, particularly the way the star-looking foe is all but shrugging off their attacks, energy and physical alike. However, the appearance of several other combatants draws the winged-woman's attentions particularly the one to her right in the middle of the room. Unfurling her wings she gives them a hard stroke through the air, springing from her feet into the air upwards then forward towards the demon.. making a point of being as quiet as possible given the situation (Note: Not attempting to Prowl.. just not making any battle-cries or anything).

Rather than attempting to attack the demon in melee, Rook will pull up when she is about 20 feet away, stretching out her right hand to launch a volley of metal pellets at her target..

OOC Comments
Initiative (1d20+1): 1d20+1 = 8
Number of Attacks (Hovering): 7

Move to hover position then towards the demon-looking foe until roughly 20 feet away
Attack #1 volley of 4 pellets
to hit (1d20+6): 1d20+6 = 7
to damage (8d6): 8d6 = 37

Attack #2 volley of 4 pellets
to hit (1d20+6): 1d20+6 = 23
to damage (8d6): 8d6 = 23

Attack #3 volley of 4 pellets
to hit (1d20+6): 1d20+6 = 19
to damage (8d6): 8d6 = 30

Attack #4 volley of 4 pellets
to hit (1d20+6): 1d20+6 = 22
to damage (8d6): 8d6 = 33

3 actions reserved for dodges
#1 (1d20+13): 1d20+13 = 18
#2 (1d20+13): 1d20+13 = 19
#3 (1d20+13): 1d20+13 = 15
Rook
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Wi-Fi » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:20 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 28
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 46

Her electrical attacks were not working and the others physically hitting had limited effects. It would be unlikely her TK would be of any effect. unless she could get to a spot aura lock Deathstar and crush or damage parts of him by sheer Directed Force. Unless he was pure energy there had to be a skeleton and body underneath. One likely wearing a torn astronaut suit if her guess was right. Now She had to get behind Deathstar and Zombar apparently. Looping around the column would work and if lucky she could lock them down from behind from some cover as well.

"Stubby, Rover, and you. you are all with me." she motioned and whispered to the spider bots then went to the corner of her pillar and looked out near the base of it to see if it was clear. As she went to look around the corner before going out in case someone was there. Then her attention went to another person. Rook and the demon in a suit.

"Who is big red again? oh yeah, the demon. I think?" she paused quickly to trying to recall his exact info.

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 11
Actions:
Attacks: 7
OOC Comments
1: look around column near the base like military or Swat would.
2: Intelligence -- 60% / 1d100 = 97
3: Lore: Demons & Monsters 49% / 1d100 = 61
4:Force Bolt (Electrical Jolt if vulnerable to it)
Roll to Strike: 1d20 = 13 | Damage: 6d6 = 21
(or if vulnerable to electricity and she knows it..Damage: 6d6 = 19)
5: Force Bolt (Electrical Jolt if vulnerable to it)
Roll to Strike: 1d20 = 8 | Damage: 6d6 = 21
(or if vulnerable to electricity and she knows it..Damage: 6d6 = 24)
6: Force Bolt (Electrical Jolt if vulnerable to it)
Roll to Strike: 1d20 = 20 | Damage: 6d6 = 22
(or if vunerable to electricity and she knows it..Damage: 6d6 = 18)
7: return to cover

Spider bots:
Perception: 1d100 = 58
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 51

Robot spider Stats
OOC Comments
Character Name: TRS-13
Power Category: True Robot
Alias: Spider Bot
Alignment: Miscreant

ATTRIBUTES
I.Q.: 10
M.E.: N/A
M.A.: N/A
P.S.: 5
P.P.: 16
P.E.: N/A
P.B.: 5
Speed: 40

PHYSICAL DATA
Height: 2"
Weight: 3 lbs
Description: Silver robot in the shape of a spider.
Robotic Features
Rechargeable Battery Powered (12 hours of power before a 2 hour recharge time)
8 Insect Style Legs
Basic Listening System
Basic Robot Optic System
Video Receiver and Transmitter
Spotlight Eye Beam
Combat Computer
Motion Detector and Warning System
Micro-Radar
Finger Laser: Damage: 1 point, 1D4, or 1D6 damage. Range: 250 feet. +1 to strike.
Electrical Discharge: Damage: 2D6. Range: 6 feet. APM: One per melee.
Biting Jaws: Damage: 1D6.
Spike and Towline: Damage: 1D4. 15-foot length of 'web'.
SPECIAL: Can adhere to walls and ceilings due to specialized electromagnetic components.

Combat Data
Number of Attacks: 3
Initiative Bonus: +2
Strike Bonus: +1
Parry Bonus: +1
Dodge Bonus: +5
Other:
Can track 25 targets.

Spiders Combat data
Stubby:
Initiative: 1d20 = 5
OOC Comments
Pop out of cover
Finger Laser: Roll to Strike: 1d20+1 = 4 | Damage: 1d6 = 5
renter cover
Dodge:1d20+5 = 21

Rover:
Initiative: 1d20 = 17
OOC Comments
Pop out of cover
Finger Laser: Roll to Strike: 1d20+1 = 15 | Damage: 1d6 = 4
renter cover
Dodge:1d20+5 = 16

unnamed spider bot:
Initiative: 1d20 = 7
OOC Comments
Pop out of cover
Finger Laser: Roll to Strike: 1d20+1 = 7 | Damage: 1d6 = 2
renter cover
Dodge:1d20+5 = 15

ignore these ones mistakes
OOC Comments
1d20+4 = 17
1d20+1 = 15
1d6 = 5
1d20+1 = 6
1d6 = 6
1d20 = 2
2d6 = 4
1d20+1 = 2
1d6 = 1
1d20+1 = 10
1d6 = 4
1d20 = 19
2d6 = 4
1d20+1 = 14
1d6 = 4
1d20+1 = 19
1d6 = 5
1d20 = 20
2d6 = 9
Last edited by Wi-Fi on Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points

Shock Gloves:
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Brute » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:28 am

Conditions: Monstrous Form; APS of Limb: Crystal; -4 to strike, parry and dodge and -25% to skills for 2 melee rounds; holding breath (1/16 melees)

Perception: 51% 1d100 = 1 (CRIT. SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20 = 20
1d100 = 51

Brute gasps reflexively as the air is sucked away from him, and hods what little breath he has as he continues to fight, trusting his Monstrous Form to keep him in the fight long enough for the air to return. I will not die of suffocation... As he squares off with Deathstar, his antennae alert him to the newcomers in the room, and he averts his eyes for a quick glance only to see a mummy and a Demon.

Track by scent 23% 1d100 = 94 (FAIL)
Identify common odors 73% 1d100 = 11 (SUCCESS)
Identify uncommon odors 33% 1d100 = 29 (SUCCESS)
Identify temperature (within 2 degrees) 73% 1d100 = 36 (SUCCESS)
Identify wind direction and speed 65% 1d100 = 53 (SUCCESS)

Though muddle-headed from Deathstar's attack, Brute attempts to evaluate weaknesses and think about how best to deploy the Omegas to take advantage of them.

skill rolls
NOTE: specifically, these are to determine whether Brute knows that invulnerability is still vulnerable to Magic/Psionics. If this is considered "common knowledge", then disregard.
Lore: Demons & Monsters 15% 1d100 = 26 (FAIL)
Lore: Magic 10% 1d100 = 52 (FAIL)
Intelligence 29% 1d100 = 64 (FAIL)

If his rolls are successful, Brute snaps his fingers twice at Spiderweb and Wi-Fi, and points definitively to Zombar. I read his file - Zombar's invulnerable! Maybe Web's spear can hurt him - it's magical. Cutting his eyes to the Demon, he thinks And that's Morag - magic powers. We may be in over our heads here. He snaps at Moya and Rampart and points at Morag. If he starts casting spells we're in real trouble. Hopefully they can keep him busy... He then refocuses on Deathstar.

Initiative: 1d20+8 = 17

Action 1: attempt to redirect Spiderweb, Wi-Fi to Zombar; Moya, Rampart to Morag.
Alternative Action 1 (If Brute doesn't know that magic/psionics affect invulnerable): Bludgeon with crystalline fist 1d20+1 = 2 (Nat. 1!); Damage 2d6+45 = 53 + 2d4*10 = 50 = 103
Action 2: Bludgeon with crystalline fist 1d20+1 = 10; Damage 2d6+45 = 48 + 2d4*10 = 70 = 118
Action 3: Slash with Serious 1d20+1 = 7; Damage 2d6+45 = 54 + 2d4*10 = 30 = 84
Action 4: Slash with Results 1d20+1 = 5; Damage 2d6+45 = 48 + 2d4*10 = 60 = 108
Action 5: Bludgeon with crystalline fist 1d20+1 = 16; Damage 2d6+45 = 53 + 2d4*10 = 60 = 113
Action 6: Bludgeon with crystalline fist 1d20+1 = 3; Damage 2d6+45 = 56 + 2d4*10 = 60 = 106
Action 7: Reserved for Dodge (if autododge fails) 1d20+12 = 23
Action 8: Reserved for Dodge (if autododge fails) 1d20+12 = 31

Parries (if needed): 1) 1d20+10 = 26; 2) 1d20+10 = 13; 3) 1d20+10 = 22; 4) 1d20+10 = 25; 5) 1d20+10 = 16; 6) 1d20+10 = 12; 7) 1d20+10 = 24; 8 ) 1d20+10 = 16
Autododge (if needed): 1) 1d20-2 = 16; 2) 1d20-2 = 12; 3) 1d20-2 = -1 (Nat. 1!); 4) 1d20-2 = 15; 5) 1d20-2 = 5; 6) 1d20-2 = 9; 7) 1d20-2 = 3; 8 ) 1d20-2 = 17
Brute

Normal Form

Monstrous Form

Omega Suit
Features:

Draupnir
    Mind Block Auto-Defense
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Tom Cassidy » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:35 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 61/58%
JIC: 1d100 = 61/1d20 = 3
Initiative: 1d20-1 = 0
APM: 6 (currently 4)

Conditions:
- 2,540/3,300 Force Field/Construct SDC at the end of this post
- Flight Disc: 177.25 minutes (709 melees) duration remaining
- Energy Shield: 57.25 minutes (229 melees) duration remaining
- Energy Fist: 57.25 minutes (229 melees) duration remaining
- Hold Breath: 32 minutes (128 melees) duration remaining

Rampart watches Brute charge headlong into battle with a sense of bemusement. Well, so much for the standard 'freeze, you're under arrest' approach. Is this some Omegas trademark or something? Then when everything starts going into the crapper the bemusement plunges right into concern. Yep, this is the part where the trap we've been expecting gets sprung. Guess it's a good thing I'm holding my breath.

He sees the well-dressed demon appear and rolls his eyes. Crap in a hat -- is EVERY bad guy in this burg a fashion plate? However, he remembers being in the other dimension well enough to know that a demon in ANY suit -- even their birthday one -- is something that needs to be taken down. Taken down hard. Taken down fast. Screw procedure, he decides, it's time for an express ticket to Smashville. ((OOC: If Brute's snaps go through, he can take all the credit. If not, well, as per his character sheet his take is that the only good demon is a well and truly pummeled demon -- and I'm sticking to it))

Seeing how tough a time the group is having, his first instinct is to buff himself a bit more even though it's going to slow him down a bit. I'm gonna hate myself if I don't, anyway. With a thought a semi-transparent force field shimmers into existence surrounding him like a second skin (or more appropriately, a suit of armor). Then he flies in at speed and proceeds to plant his giant energy fist upside the back of the demon's head with full force. And again. And again.

Notes
1.) Body armor stats -- 300 SDC | 44 minute duration | Rampart's at -1 attack and -2 initiative for every round that it's in place
2.) Energy fist stats -- equal to a supernatural PS of 21 | 3d6+6 on a full strength punch | 65 foot range
3.) Boxing skill -- automatic KO on natural 20
4.) Critical strike on natural 19-20
5.) Energy shield is indestructible

Actions:
1-2.) Create force field body armor
3.) Sucker punch fashionable demon. Strike: 1d20+1 = 14; Damage: 3d6+6 = 15
4.) Sucker punch fashionable demon again. Strike: 1d20+1 = 13; Damage: 3d6+6 = 17

Auto-parries (includes bonuses from energy shield): 1d20+8 = 17, 1d20+8 = 27, 1d20+8 = 22, 1d20+8 = 28
Tom Cassidy

Postby Blackhaunt » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:14 am

WAINGROH
Weather:
Time: 11:43:15-11:43:30 am

The 7 foot tall red humanoid with horns in an expensive three piece suit begins chanting and gesticulating. Spiderweb begins performing flips to keep his possessed right arm from aiming properly. Through his time on the team with Lexie and to an extent, Spectre, Brute knows that magic and psionics can injure an invulnerable super. Brute tries to physically signal the team without speaking to relay this information. He can't tell if they got the message. "Starlight, starbright." Deathstar fires a blast of bright star-light at Brute. Brute has to actively dodge out of the way of the blast, his antenna are still freaking out, he can't breathe and his supernatural reflexes are quite dulled at the moment. Wi-Fi and her various bots pop out of their cover, looking on to the target Morax the demon. Rook fires a volley of metal pellets at Morax, they hit a shimmering field an inch from the demon's body and fall to the floor. While he's chanting, the demon looks directly at Rook. Zombar moans loudly and engages in some sort of hideous breakneck speed mitosis, forming a second version of himself in under two seconds. Rampart begins covering himself in a yellowish-orange force armor.

Morax points at Rook and a bolt of lightning comes down from above and strikes the hero center mass. "This is what passes for a hero here? Pish." Her Omega Suit absorbs the damage, but it was quite a shock. Spiderweb continues doing flips. He can't feel his arm. He knows that he doesn't have control over it yet. Breathless, Brute swings his mighty crystalline fist at Deathstar. The blow doesn't penetrate the void but he doesn't notice the forcefield in place anymore. Progress. He also feels exactly how cold the void is as he connects. His crystalline arm has a bit of frostbite when it's retracted. "That's the dark. Can you feel it?" Deathstar fires another blast at Brute but this one is easily avoidable. Rover is the first spider-bot to fire at Morax. The laser blast glances off of a forcefield surrounding the demon. Wi-Fi tries to figure out any tactical advantages she may have over the demon, but can't think of anything. Rook fires another volley of metal pellets at Morax, these ones seemingly damaging the forcefield surrounding him. The first Zombar stares at Moya and the hero finds that she can't move. The second Zombar hacks at Moya with his axe arm while groaning. The incredible strength of the mummy is enough to injure even the invulnerable Moya Thunderbird. She also begins to feel lightheaded from the lack of oxygen around her. Nameless and Stubby both fire off a laser at Morax to no discernible effect. Rampart finishes creating his armor and begins flying toward the fray.

Spiderweb continues flipping but his right arm shoots out a webline at the approaching Rampart! Rampart is able to parry the shot with his energy shield, but now there is a line stuck to the energy shield with Spiderweb's right arm holding on for dear life on the other end. Morax quips "Oh, do stick around, ol chap." Brute slashes at Deathstar with Serious but gets lackluster results as the blow glances off of the voidian's cold cold skin. "Here. Let me show you." Deathstar fires another bolt of light at Brute but misses entirely, blasting into the wall instead. Wi-Fi attempts to figure out some details about their demonic foe but winds up scratching her head instead. Rook fires another volley of metal pellets, smashing them into the forcefield surrounding Morax. It was a solid hit, but the forcefield still stands. Zombar still has Moya locked in place while his duplicate slices into Moya with his axe. Rampart gives Morax 'these hands' or at least one giant sized energy fist upside his head. The fist strikes a forcefield surrounding the demon, but definitely made contact. And he's definitely got some web on his shield.

Morax begins chanting and waving his hands again. Spiderweb continues doing flips but finds that his location is decided by the web holding strong between himself and Rampart's Energy Shield. Brute slashes at Deathstar with Results but nothing serious happens. The claw doesn't strike hard enough. Deathstar is really really cold though. And Brute can feel that he has maybe 15 seconds left to finish his assault before he passes out. Deathstar fires another blast of light at Brute, this one Brute practically steps in front of (NAT 1). It tears through his Omega Suit and hits him directly. He's had worse, but it's not feeling good. Especially given that he can't grab a breath. Wi-Fi fires a force bolt at Morax and it slams into the forcefield surrounding him. Rook fires some more metal at him, connecting once again. Moya continues to get rocked by the evil mummy pair. Rampart slams his giant energy fist into the demon's forcefield again, shattering it into faery dust.

Morax thrusts both hands forward and launches a massive fireball at Wi-Fi. "A gift from my home. Hell fire!". It slams into her and scorches her Omega Suit. Spiderweb does another flip. His arm is still numb. Brute tries to slam his fist into Deathstar again, but the space-age villain sees the attack coming and flies out of the way, coming back in range to suck more air out of the room. "Breathtaking, isn't it?" Wi-Fi fires another force bolt at Morax, this time it doesn't hit a forcefield, but the villain directly. The bolt doesn't have the effect Wi-Fi wanted, but it keeps Morax's attention on the psychic hero. Moya continues to be hacked into. Her superhuman durability means that she isn't dead yet, but it's only a matter of time.

Morax begins chanting and waving his hands again. Brute tries to punch Deathstar again, but the lack of oxygen is about to take him over. He misses pretty badly. Wi-Fi fires another force bolt at Morax, striking true and causing him to hiss a bit as his red flesh burns at the pure psionic energy lobbied against him. It's the most effective attack against the demon thus far. Zombar continues to slash at Moya.

Morax finishes his next spell. Spiderweb and Wi-Fi feel something attempt to effect them, but they shrug it off. Rampart and Rook are not so lucky. Suddenly, they feel like they're moving through molasses. Even the Spiderbots seem to be moving slower. A deep booming voice comes out from over a speaker. "Stop toying with them! Get them the fuck out of my laboratory NOW!"

MAP
Down In It Lair 3.png

What are you doing? Combat Posts! Round 3!

Butcher's Bill (cumulative)
Brute:
-4 to strike, parry and dodge and -25% to skills for 1 melee round.
-16 SDC to Omega Suit.
-1 SDC (3 divided by 2, rounded down) to crystalline arm
-55 SDC to personal SDC.
No oxygen.

Moya:
-80 to personal SDC.
No oxygen.
Don't forget to post.

Rampart:
Speed, attacks per melee, dodge, and parry are all reduced to one-third.

Rook:
-40 SDC to Omega Suit.
Follow the post format.
Put a link to your sheet in your signature.

Spiderweb:
No use of Right arm.
No use of Ectoplasmic Webbing.
Right arm is holding on to a 50 foot web attached to Rampart's Energy Shield.
Follow the post format.

Wi-Fi:
-43 SDC to Omega Suit.
Don't forget to post defensive actions or you will die.
Follow the post format.
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master

Postby Spiderweb » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:21 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 88 of 30%
JIC: 1d20 = 10
JIC%: 1d100 = 17

Barney is frustrated, I can not seem to break the control, which means the enemy has control of my powers and my right arm for some period of time...though if I could figure out who is doing it I could possibly physically attack them. Something like this would have to require some degree of concentration. They would likely have to be able to see me directly to control things...I need to dodge around some kind of cover so as to break the line of sight. At least they only seem to be able to control what they have seen me use, so they do not have full control of my powers yet.

He tries to figure out who has been in a line of sight to do the controlling, but can not see anyone except Deathstar and Morax, and both have been too busy doing other things. Unless one of them can shrink or otherwise be unseen to his sight, since he can see the invisible it should not be an easy thing to hide from him while maintaining a clear view.

He thinks, Wait a second, perhaps I do not need to regain control...

Barney heads SOUTH, using the line connecting him to Rampart, keeping it taut to pull the line around Morax. Unless the enemy releases or disperses the line, Morag will find that an inconvenience, as Barney will swing around him in contracting circles wrapping the line around him repeatedly. Barney will then use the already produced armor spikes and body-block Morag (whether or not the line is released. Let him deal with being hit with those spikes with is mass and strength propelling them.

Actions (5)
Action 1) Run south to "clothesline" Morax - Attack 1d20+3 = 23, Damage (probably none, but entangle possible) parry if needed (using bone weapons) 1d20+6 = 25
Action 2) Body Block/Ram to use bone weapons on Morax 1d20+4 = 8, Damage 4d4+10 = 19, Parry if needed 1d20+6 = 22
Action 3) use punch (with bone spikes) on Morax 1d20+4 = 9, Damage 4d4+10 = 18, Parry if needed 1d20+6 = 22
Action 4) use punch (with bone spikes) on Morax 1d20+4 = 5, Damage 4d4+10 = 21, Parry if needed 1d20+6 = 17
Action 5) Dodge 1d20+4 = 15

OOC Comments
Additional saves if required: 1d20 = 2, 1d20 = 4, 1d20 = 11, 1d20 = 5

Decided I may need an Acrobatics roll to duck under the line as I go around Morax: Acrobatics 1d100 = 51 (not certain which percentile to use)
Last edited by Spiderweb on Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
Spiderweb
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Brute » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:17 am

Conditions: Monstrous Form; APS of Limb: Crystal; -4 to strike, parry and dodge and -25% to skills for 2 melee rounds; holding breath (2/2 melees - HOPEFULLY this will change due to actions this round)

Perception: 51% 1d100 = 2 (Crit. Success)

JIC: 1d20 = 11
1d100 = 46

As Brute attempts to keep fighting despite the lack of oxygen, and sees Morax casting and not one but two Zombar's hammering away at Moya, he thinks, This isn't working. Need to change tactics.

Bio-Regenerate: 2d6 = 4

Track by scent 23% 1d100 = 62 (FAIL)
Identify common odors 73% 1d100 = 62 (SUCCESS)
Identify uncommon odors 33% 1d100 = 67 (FAIL)
Identify temperature (within 2 degrees) 73% 1d100 = 28 (SUCCESS)
Identify wind direction and speed 65% 1d100 = 59 (SUCCESS)

Brute disengages from Deathstar, running west (on the map), gaining speed. I know I'm stronger than I used to be... I just hope I'm strong enough... He circles around the room, taking a deep breath and gaining momentum, before slamming into Zombar (original flavor) from behind at maximum speed. Without stopping, he then continues around to slam Morax before taking a deep breath - holding it - and returning to Deathstar, hopefully with more of a fighting chance.

Initiative: 1d20+8 = 9

Action 1: Run - gathering speed
Action 2-3: Bludgeon Zombar Prime with crystalline fist (Power Punch @ full speed) EP CRIT; Damage 2d6+97 = 106 + 3d6*10 = 120 = 226*2 = 452 + KNOCKOUT/STUN (Note Brute has SNPS)
Action 4: Bludgeon Morax with crystalline fist (full strength punch @ half speed) 1d20+1 = 12; Damage 2d6+65 = 74 + 2d4*10 = 70 = 144
Action 5: Slash Deathstar with Serious 1d20+1 = 16; Damage 2d6+45 = 52 + 2d4*10 = 50 = 102
Action 6: Slash Deathstar with Results 1d20+1 = 13; Damage 2d6+45 = 51 + 2d4*10 = 70 = 121
Action 7: Bludgeon Deathstar with crystalline fist 1d20+1 = 17; Damage 2d6+45 = 51 + 2d4*10 = 40 = 91
Action 8: Reserved for Dodge (if autododge fails) 1d20+12 = 15

Parries (if needed): 1) 1d20+10 = 21; 2) 1d20+10 = 22; 3) 1d20+10 = 15; 4) 1d20+10 = 13; 5) 1d20+10 = 23; 6) 1d20+10 = 17; 7) 1d20+10 = 26; 8 ) 1d20+10 = 26
Autododge (if needed): 1) 1d20-2 = 10; 2) 1d20-2 = 9; 3) 1d20-2 = 14; 4) 1d20-2 = 13; 5) 1d20-2 = 8; 6) 1d20-2 = 13; 7) 1d20-2 = 7; 8 ) 1d20-2 = 0
Brute

Normal Form

Monstrous Form

Omega Suit
Features:

Draupnir
    Mind Block Auto-Defense
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Wi-Fi » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:23 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 57
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 95

Omega suit Status:
SDC: 207/250

'Well, that was weird what ever that was it did affect you three. Time to take out the source of my troubles to help her. Morax..' she looks to Morax. Motioning the spiders back. Timing and precision with force bolts to set up would be of great help. Her chief goal was still to get to Moya. if Spiderweb and Rampart manage to take him out so much the better. Getting to quickly as possible without not rushing into a firefight was a good idea.

Right Now Morax would have open shots if Wi-Fi was in the open. and dead people were of no help to Moya or anyone. If they down him she might be able Lock-down and charge the aura on the Mummy or Demon as tactics dictated next. Shock enough to KO or weaken then KO.

She had no exact idea of how Deathstar's powers worked but suspected a death-field or some sort of area attack. They might harm Moya and Brute in some odd fashion. If she could get behind the mummy before he duplicates again she could pin them down. so Moya could get out of Deathstar's reach.

"Rover, Stubby and the unnamed one...you're with me." Wi-Fi instructed the bots. Right now she needed to avoid the Morax's direct attack. As her shield was not going to help against magic as well as he would like. A quick look as she attacks to see if it was safe to move. If it was not she could take more shots at Morax until it was safe to get out of cover.
OOC Comments
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 10
Actions/Intent:
1: Look from cover or get closer to Moya if Morax has removed on the side of the pillar away from Deathstar.
2: Attack Morax with force bolts or get closer to Moya if Morax has removed on the side of the pillar away from Deathstar.
Roll to Strike: 1d20+4 = 18 | Damage: 6d6 = 22
3: Attack Morax with force bolts or get closer to Moya if Morax has removed on the side of the pillar away from Deathstar.
Roll to Strike: 1d20+4 = 24 | Damage: 6d6 = 19
4: Attack Morax with force bolts or get closer to Moya if Morax has removed on the side of the pillar away from Deathstar.
Roll to Strike: 1d20+4 = 19 | Damage: 6d6 = 19
5: Attack Morax with force bolts or get closer to Moya if Morax has removed on the side of the pillar away from Deathstar.
Roll to Strike: 1d20+4 = 8 | Damage: 6d6 = 23
6: Attack Morax with force bolts or get closer to Moya if Morax has removed on the side of the pillar away from Deathstar.
Roll to Strike: 1d20+4 = 12 | Damage: 6d6 = 27
7: Return to cover or Move toward Moya

Dodge:
OOC Comments
1d20+5 = 21,1d20+5 = 13,1d20+5 = 25,1d20+5 = 6,1d20+5 = 6,1d20+5 = 18 and 1d20+5 = 11

Parry:
OOC Comments
1d20+5 = 17,1d20+5 = 15,1d20+5 = 10,1d20+5 = 7,1d20+5 = 18,1d20+5 = 18 and 1d20+5 = 18
Last edited by Wi-Fi on Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:41 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points

Shock Gloves:
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Tom Cassidy » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:38 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 44/58%
JIC: 1d100 = 25/1d20 = 12
Save vs Magic (for any additional spell that might be cast against him or anything else that might be applicable): 1d20+8 = 9
Save vs Psionics (just in case, y'know, while I'm at it): 1d20+3 = 12
Initiative: 1d20-1 = 15
APM: 6 (currently 4 -- uhm, make that 1.33333333)

Conditions:
- Flight Disc: 177 minutes (708 melees) duration remaining
- Energy Shield: 57 minutes (228 melees) duration remaining
- Energy Fist: 57 minutes (228 melees) duration remaining
- Hold Breath: 31.75 minutes (127 melees) duration remaining
- Magically slowed down: speed, attacks per melee, dodge, and parry are all reduced to one-third

Rampart grimaces as he finds himself slowed down to nigh-government-employee status. Freakin' demons and their freakin' magic. Should've popped him with my whip instead. Then he feels tension on the web strands that have attached to his energy shield -- and when he sees what Spiderweb's doing, a grin slowly spreads across his face. A wicked grin. A grin almost worthy of the demon he just punched. Here's hoping web-head's stronger than he looks... he thinks to himself as he accelerates to swing around and follow Spiderweb's lead, rising up enough so that he won't clothesline him (but ideally wrap the strand around the demon's throat). As he swings around -- using the tautness of the web strand to help him turn -- he launches his energy fist into a long-distance right cross punch into Deathstar's jaw.

Notes
1.) Body armor stats -- 300 SDC | 43.75 minute duration | Rampart's at -1 attack and -2 initiative for every round that it's in place
2.) Energy fist stats -- equal to a supernatural PS of 21 | 3d6+6 on a full strength punch | 65 foot range
3.) Boxing skill -- automatic KO on natural 20
4.) Critical strike on natural 19-20
5.) Energy shield is indestructible

Actions:
1.) Swing around and lay an e-fist across Deathstar's jaw. Strike: EP-Purchased Crit; Damage: 3d6+6 = 21 (doubled); also should be an automatic KO for 1d6 = 4 melees

Auto-parries (includes bonuses from energy shield): 1d20+8 = 11

Visual Aid:

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (454.43 KiB) Viewed 1824 times
Tom Cassidy

Postby Moya » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:54 pm

Perception : 1d100 = 76 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 12
JIC: 1d100 = 17

Why can't I focus. Is it the lack of air. I don't need to breath but somehow it's still affecting me? UGH! What the fuck was that? Now these things can hurt me?! Better snap out of this funk and start some name taking

Loudspeaker wrote:"Stop toying with them! Get them the fuck out of my laboratory NOW!"

The booming over the loudspeaker snaps Moya back to her reality. She starts to Bob on her toes, shifting her stance.

"Dragon whips its tail."

Moya begins to fire a quick shot at the nearest zombar before taking aim at its head. She will then follow up with a couple of more shots to the same target unless the first one falls, then she will shift her attention to the next zombar.

Initiative: 1d20+5 = 13

Action 1: Attack zombar with M-161A. Strike: 1d20+3 = 12 damage: 4d6 = 14
Action 2-4: Aimed called shot to the head of zombar with M-161A. Strike: EP Critical here damage: 4d6 = 10 *2 = 20
Action 5: Attack zombar with M-161A. Strike: 1d20+3 = 13 damage: 4d6 = 15
Action 6: Reserved for Dodge if Auto dodge fails 1d20+5 = 9 OR move to act as a shield
Action 7: Reserved for Dodge if Auto dodge fails 1d20+5 = 15 OR move to act as a shield

Parry rolls: 1d20+8 = 16, 1d20+8 = 21, 1d20+8 = 25, 1d20+8 = 13, 1d20+8 = 28(nat 20!), 1d20+8 = 28(nat 20!), 1d20+8 = 22, 1d20+8 = 26

Auto-dodge rolls : 1d20+2 = 15, 1d20+2 = 16, 1d20+2 = 9, 1d20+2 = 3 (nat 1!), 1d20+2 = 14, 1d20+2 = 11, 1d20+2 = 11, 1d20+2 = 11

Moya Thunderbird
Moya

Postby Sentinel » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:13 pm

Sentinel
Perception: 1d100 = 54 /61% (another +15% for arcane)
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 10/ D100 JiC: / 1d100 = 33

Skills:
Lore: Monsters and Demons 38% / 1d100 = 18 To determine the likely threat of the one before him.
Lore: Magic 48% / 1d100 = 42 Assessing the magic that is being cast in order to counter it.

Yellow Dragon
OOC Comments

Conditions: Immune to Magic, Illusions, Possession, Poison, Drugs, Gases, and Disease. Does not tire. Half damage from Cold. Radiates no heat and is invisible to infrared and heat sensors. Immune to pressure; solid stone. Regenerates 2d6 MDC/Melee
Awe and/or Horror Factor 14: Enemies must roll a 15 or higher on a twenty sided die to avoid being momentarily awestruck. A failed roll means the individual loses initiative, one of his melee attacks. In this case, roll each melee round in which the character with the divine aura is attacked or speaks.

Spells:
Butcher Bill:

May notice a divine radiance coming from Sentinel and his voice a bit more compelling to the ears.

The world is a dangerous place. Death is everything. Even a great mountain will eventually fall as the world wears it down. Nevertheless, still will it only come to pass in a million years. A mountain does not know what death means. As death is to a mountain, so is it to Sentinel, the Yellow Dragon. Sentinel never seems to be an attentive and on time. He would appear to many to be late or distracted. That is not far from the truth.

Zheng hears the commotion coming into the hall from the other room. The sounds of fighting are distinct, and there was a cacophony of sound emanating from the other side of the wall, I suppose I should see what is going on. Sentinel thinks believing Brute would have everything under control. After all Brute helped to destroy a god a few days ago…or years in the future? That last thought Sentinel will have to come back too.

Sentinel walks into the room in what seems to him a stroll but looks rather as if he rushes due to his lack of tendons and tissue to slow him down.
Hearing the familiar and mysterious chanting of magic Sentinel is drawn to look upon only one demonic-looking individual the Omegas are fast in action against. He surveys the fight only seeing Wi-fi, Webs, Tom, and Rook.

Moving to beside Wi-fi as he materializes his ectypes, "Ms. Wi-fi, where is Brute??” Sentinel demands in a divinely amplified voice.
”Is that really a demon here?" he aks Wi-fi recalling the devils they had fought with the Asgardians. [Lore: Monsters and Demons 38% See above]
Sentinel casts see aura and detect magic to survey the threat before him.

Initiative: 1d20+7 = 18
Attacks: 8

Action 1: Move and speak to wifi.
Action 2: Cast See Aura
Action 3: Casts detect magic.
[If Sentinel realizes his teammates are under the negative influence of spells he will cast dispel magic as many times as needed to remove it.]
Action 4 through 8: Casts Negate Magic (Level 8) RUE pg. 216
OOC Comments
Range: Touch or 60 ft.
Duration: Instant.
Saving Throw: Special (Ritual magic has a greater chance of success).
P.P.E.: 30
This incantation will instantly cancel the effects or influence of most magic. To determine whether the negation is successful or not roll a saving throw. If the roll is a successful save against the magic in place. its influence is immediately destroyed, negated, canceled. 12, 13, 14. or 15 is needed for spell magic depending on the experience level of the mage (usually 12 or 13 is needed), meanwhile 16 or higher to save vs ritual magic. A failed save means the negation attempt did not work. Try again if sufficient P.P.E. is available. Negation will not work against possession, Exorcism. Constrain Being, Banishment, Talisman, Amulet, Enchanted objects, Symbols/Circles of protection (or magically drawn circles of any kind), wards, summoning magic. Zombies, Golems, Restoration, magical healings or cures. Negation can be attempted to cancel a spell curse, but only has a 01-25% possibility of succeeding. Of course, it has no effect against psychic abilities or Techno-Wizard or Bio-Wizard/rune devices.

If any actions are left he will cast Mental Blast against the demon.
Mental Blast (Level 5) Federation of Magic pg 138
As needed: HP:5d6 = 20 , HP:5d6 = 17, HP:5d6 = 16, HP:5d6 = 22
OOC Comments
Range: 100 feet +10 feet/lvl, but the intended victim must be visible.
Damage: 5D6 damage plus disorientation penalties. Double damage by touch ~ but must actually touch bare skin.
Duration: Instant, and add 1 melee/lvl to penalties, stacking.
Saving Throw: Save vs psionic attack.
P.P.E.: 15
Mental Blast is a magical spell that simulates a psionic attack on an enemy. Instead of blasting away with energy bolts to damage the body, this attack is invisible and undetectable (except by psionic individuals) because it attacks the mind. The mental blast does damage directly to Hit Points for normal creatures, or M.D. to supernatural and mega-damage creatures. It can affect targets protected in body armor, but not those clad in power armor, giant robots or armored vehicles. In addition to physical pain and damage (a sudden migraine headache or shooting pain in the head, neck or spine), victims of this insidious attack will feel confused, disoriented and paranoid. The victim instinctively senses he is under attack but doesn’t know from whom - one of the great advantages of this spell is that it is virtually invisible and it can be difficult to determine the source. Thus, the victim may flee the area or accuse innocent people, lash out madly (and with deadly force) or call to a nameless (faceless) enemy to show himself and fight openly, man to man. Penalties: Victims of this attack are -2 on the initiative, -2 to strike, party, and dodge, and -20% on all skills. Penalties remain in force for 1d4 melee rounds per attack; multiple Magical Mind Bolt attacks will have a cumulative effect. If the character successfully saves vs psionic attack, the damage is half and there are no penalties! Note: Mind Melters and Mind Bleeders will automatically sense who their attacker is!

JIC:
Parry Bonus: +17; 8d20:
1, 2, 10, 15, 1, 20, 1, 6

Auto-dodge: +9; 8d20:
10, 11, 3, 15, 1, 16, 14, 20

Dodge Bonus: +18; 8d20:
20, 2, 18, 6, 1, 13, 15, 15

Ectype 3
Initiative: 1d20+7 = 22

Action 1 Summons forth bats (Common pipistrelle) to harry the villain Approx 30.
Summon and Command Small Animals (AU)
The hero or villain is able to summon animals that understand and obey him. These creatures are summoned via sheer will and appear out of nowhere as if teleported to his side.
Angora white rabbits cliff notes

Number: 60 lbs worth equals approx. Common pipistrelle. 018 ounces Total 333 bats
Estimate horror factor 13 +1 per additional 20 = 29
Duration: Controlled for 8 hrs/lvl or until dismissed, or dead. 56 hours.
3d6 SDC per 10 per melee round. Estimated 99d6 SDC per melee? SDC:[dice]99d6[/dice] /Melee

Distraction Penalties on Swarm Attacks: -1D6 on Perception Rolls, -1D4 on the initiative, -1D4 to strike, parry, dodge and disarm, and each attempt to remove or bat an animal away uses up one of the character’s attacks/melee actions. Penalties last for as long as the character is confronted and
attacked by an animal swarm. Note: If a character succumbs to Horror Factor (even heroes and super-villains), he loses two melee attacks for that first melee round and increases the penalties listed above by an additional -2. Double the penalties if the character has a phobia/fear of
such animals. A “swarm attack” is typically 10-20 animals per individual.
OOC Comments
The hero or villain is able to summon animals that understand and obey him. These creatures are summoned via sheer will and appear out of nowhere as if teleported to his side. The super being must possess knowledge about the creature(s) desired and must have at least seen some kind of drawing or image of the animal to summon it. One or several small animals may be summoned (see Number of Animals), but all are the same species.

Animals summoned by the character are under his complete control and obey his every command. The creatures remain at his disposal for 8 hours per level of experience but can be sent back (they vanish) at will. Until all the creatures in a batch are sent back (vanish) or slain, the hero cannot summon more or new ones. Most heroes (and even some bad guys) are not likely to sacrifice the lives of animals unless absolutely necessary and will feed and care for them as long as they are in their company. Thus, most dismiss the animals when they are no longer necessary.

The summoned animals may be used to attack, frighten people, create a distraction, cause a diversion, create chaos, or send a warning. You want to clear a restaurant or lobby? Send in a swarm of mice, rats, bats or snakes. Likewise, the animals can be used to make a dramatic entrance, e.g.
the super being appears with a burst of screeching birds or bats flying in out of nowhere at the same time he steps through a door or smashes through a window. This power is much more effective than it might seem at first blush, as most people are afraid of, and repulsed by, a wide range
of animals from mice and rats to snakes and dogs. Even if the animals represent a minimal danger or inflict minimal damage, most ordinary people are squeamish about them or outright scared of them. Even seasoned fighters and superhumans will try to swat away animals flying or leaping at
them, crawling on their bodies, or running toward them. It is human nature. NEVER underestimate the power of fear and superstition.

Horror Factor of Animals: Remember, certain animals such as mice, rats and snakes are frightening or disgusting to many people. Thus, even one of them is likely to cause people to jump, scream, scatter and move out of the way. Okay, maybe not a super being and certainly not a demon, but definitely most ordinary people. This is especially effective in a crowd. Furthermore, get one or a few people screaming in terror and panic, and probably jumping or running out of the way, and most people will look in their direction and scream and run away as well even if they don’t know what they are running from. Panic and chaos grows quickly when people are screaming and running away. Add a genuinely repugnant or scary little creature, let alone a swarm of them, and you’ve captured everyone’s attention. It is likely to take 1D6+2 minutes before the situation calms down, much longer if there are a lot of the creatures (20+) and/or they are jumping on people or on the attack. The overall Horror Factor and level of distraction for such a situation is that of the animal, +1 for every 20 animals in the swarm. Adding to the confusion and chaos of animal swarms is their squealing, shrieking, howling, growling or barking.
Similarly, a cute and friendly animal such as a rabbit, squirrel, ferret, or small dog is likely to attract attention and concern for its well being. The overall Awe Factor/Cuteness and level of distraction of such an animal situation is 11 +1 for every 10 animals on the loose. Of course, any animal
on the attack, no matter how cute, has a Horror Factor as above.

Small Animals and Rodents: Rats, bats, squirrels, rabbits, ferrets, weasels, and similar small, aggressive animals do 1D4 damage from a bite. A group of 10 such animals does 3D6 points of damage per melee round (not all are biting through clothing, armor, or even at the same time).
Same applies for pecking and clawing attacks from small and medium-sized birds. Flying animals tend to go for the face and eyes.

Horror Factor for some common animals: +1 to H.F. for children and (noncombatant) women. +3 to H.F. for characters who have a phobia about the animal. +2 when the animal(s) is on the attack. All penalties are accumulative.
Bats of any type or size have an H.F. of 13.
Bird, small to medium, has an H.F. of 5.
Bird, predatory, such as a Hawk has an H.F. of 9.
Crows and Ravens have an H.F. of 8.
Canines, small, have an H.F. of 8.
Felines, small domesticated, have an H.F. of 7.
Frogs, Toads and other amphibians have an H.F. of 10.
Lizards of small to medium-size have an H.F. of 10.
Mice, even cute little field mice, have an H.F. of 12.
Rats, even white rats, have an H.F. of 13.
Snakes of small to medium-size have an H.F. of 12.
Snakes of large size (5 feet/1.5 m or longer) have an H.F. of 13.
Note: If you are uncertain of an animal’s H.F. use a base
of 8 for an individual animal, H.F. 10 for a group of ten or
more.

Distraction Penalties on Swarm Attacks: -1D6 on Perception Rolls, -1D4 on initiative, -1D4 to strike, parry, dodge and disarm, and each attempt to remove or bat an animal away uses up one of the character’s attacks/melee actions. Penalties last for as long as the character is confronted and
attacked by an animal swarm. Note: If a character succumbs to Horror Factor (even heroes and super-villains), he loses two melee attacks for that first melee round and increase the penalties listed above by an additional -2. Double the penalties if the character has a phobia/fear of
Restrictions and Limitations: The creature summoned cannot possess human-level sentience, it must have an animal intelligence. It must be a simple, small animal like a snake, frog, toad, mouse, rat, bat, bird, squirrel, ferret, weasel, house cat, small to medium-sized dog (7-20 pounds/3
to 9 kg), and similar. Cannot summon insects, large animals or magical or supernatural animals, nor fictional/mythical animals; the creature must really exist on some planet, and it must be known to the character summoning it. The animal is always an adult. If the super being is rendered
unconscious, the animals rush to his fallen body and fight to protect it. However, they’ll vanish if he does not wake up within 10 minutes per level of experience.
A large animal such as a wolf, lion or horse is not possible; no one animal can weigh more than 20 pounds (9 kg) and all of the animals summoned must be the same variety.

Number of Animals: The smaller and more lightweight the animal, the more the character can summon. The super being can summon creatures that have a combined weight of 30 pounds (13.5 kg), +5 pounds (2.25 kg) per level of experience. For example: A character with a limit of 40 pounds (18 kg) could summon 40-80 mice (depending on the type and size of the mouse species) or small bats or small birds like sparrows, as they are likely to weigh 8 to 16 ounces each. Rats are larger and typically weigh one or two pounds (0.45 to 0.9 kg), so only 20-40 rats, medium-sized bats or robin-sized birds could be summoned. Larger animals like ferrets, weasels, squirrels, rabbits, crows or hawks would be limited to 4-8 animals, 2-4 small dogs or house cats, and so on. With experience, the number of small animals that can be summoned increases.

Range: The creatures appear next to the super being or up to 10 feet (3 m) away per level of experience. Commanding range is limited to the sound of the summoning character’s voice. That’s typically 100-300 feet (30.5 to 91.5 m), but could be half that depending on the level of ambient noise.

Duration: The time it takes for the initial summoning is as follows: Uses up one melee attack if the creatures are on the same continent; appears in 3 seconds. Uses up two melee attacks if the creatures are on a different continent, and four melee attacks if they are somewhere in the Milky
Way Galaxy. Uses two full melee rounds (30 seconds) if the animals must come from another dimension. The creatures remain until dismissed, killed or duration runs out, whichever
comes first.

Damage: Damage listed is per single animal or per groups of 10 animals for swarming attacks(i.e. double damage for 20 animals, triple for 30, and so on).
Small Toothless Animals: The bite of many small animals such as frogs and toads may nip and sting but not usually break skin or inflict real damage (does half an S.D.C. point of damage). Still they have a Horror Factor and cause fear, panic, and distraction. Note, this does not include poisonous frogs and toads.
Very Small Animals: Small animals like mice, hamsters, guinea pigs, moles, tiny lizards, garter snakes, the peck of a sparrow and similar small birds and animal bites do only one point of damage. Damage from a group of 10 such animals is 1D6 points per melee round. However, they will
also climb up pant legs, crawl into clothing, get into hair and so on, causing most people besieged by a group of 10 or more to brush or pull them off, bat them away, and otherwise try to avoid contact. Even professional fighters and superhumans will be bothered and distracted by a swarm
or flock of 10 or more.
Small Animals and Rodents: Rats, bats, squirrels, rabbits, ferrets, weasels, and similar small, aggressive animals do 1D4 damage from a bite. A group of 10 such animals does 3D6 points of damage per melee round (not all are biting through clothing, armor, or even at the same time).
Same applies for pecking and clawing attacks from small and medium-sized birds. Flying animals tend to go for the face and eyes.
Large Bird: 1D4 damage from bite/peck from a large bird like a raven/crow. Tend to go for the face and eyes. Has three attacks per melee round.
Hawk & Other Small Birds of Prey: 1D4+1 from bite, 1D6 from claw attack. Tend to go for the face and eyes. Has four attacks per melee round.
House Cats: 1D4 damage from bite or claw attack. Has four attacks per melee round.
Small Dogs: 1D6 damage from a bite, one point of damage from a (probably inadvertent) claw attack. Has three attacks per melee round.
Note: Also see distraction penalties under Horror Factor.
Attacks per Melee: Each command or instruction (attack, stop, run, etc.) given to the animal or group/swarm of animals counts as one of the character’s own melee attacks. To command them, the animals must be within earshot of the super being. Remember, the super being can summon and dismiss the animals at will. This means he can call forth one type of animal one melee round, dismiss them as soon as the next melee round, and summon a new batch or different type of animals by the third melee round.
Note: The character who summons the animals cannot see what the animals see or know what they know, they just follow his commands like a trained dog.

Actions: 2 Cast Barrage on demon 20 SDC in damage from volleys + distractions.
(Level 6) Federation of Magic pg 138
Range: 100 ft. +30 ft./lvl
Duration: 7 seconds (approximately half a melee round).
Damage: 2 M.D./S.D.C. per strike ~ 3 hammering force blasts +1 per
level of the spell caster.
Saving Throw: Dodge or parry.
This spell unleashes a succession of force blasts lo batter its intended target like a swarm of tiny comets striking one after the other. Each energy blast is visible, about the size of a softball with a vapor trail, and fast-moving. Once unleashed against a target, the “barrage” continues until all blasts are used up. Even if the victim runs, flies up, or dives for cover, the barrage will follow him like tiny guided missiles.
However, because the blast pulses are reasonably large and visible, the character can try to dodge or parry them with a weapon. A successful dodge means the magical blast misses and dispels. A successful parry means it is batted away and dispels on impact. Of course, the downside is that the barrage of magic force will either strike, injure and distract the victim, or will cause him to spend his time and combat actions trying to defend against the attack! Either way, the character is distracted and injured.
In addition to taking damage (each blast that hits does two M.D.), the victim is distracted from events and activity around him (focused on the pounding attack) and is -3 to defend against any other attack leveled at him during the barrage. Worse, even if the character stands his place and takes the pummeling of force, he loses two melee attacks/actions, because he cannot take any offensive action (only parry and dodge) while being hammered by the barrage!

Action 3-8:
Leftover actions he will cast Mental Blast against the demon.
As needed: HP:5d6 = 17 , HP:5d6 = 25, HP:5d6 = 14, HP:5d6 = 20, HP:5d6 = 15, HP:5d6 = 14
OOC Comments
Damage: 5D6 damage plus disorientation penalties. Double damage by touch ~ but must actually touch bare skin.
Mental Blast is a magical spell that simulates a psionic attack on an enemy. Instead of blasting away with energy bolts to damage the body, this attack is invisible and undetectable (except by psionic individuals) because it attacks the mind. The mental blast does damage directly to Hit Points for normal creatures, or M.D. to supernatural and mega-damage creatures. It can affect targets protected in body armor, but not those clad in power armor, giant robots or armored vehicles. In addition to physical pain and damage (a sudden migraine headache or shooting pain in the head, neck or spine), victims of this insidious attack will feel confused, disoriented and paranoid. The victim instinctively senses he is under attack but doesn’t know from whom - one of the great advantages of this spell is that it is virtually invisible and it can be difficult to determine the source. Thus, the victim may flee the area or accuse innocent people, lash out madly (and with deadly force) or call to a nameless (faceless) enemy to show himself and fight openly, man to man. Penalties: Victims of this attack are -2 on the initiative, -2 to strike, party, and dodge, and -20% on all skills. Penalties remain in force for 1d4 melee rounds per attack; multiple Magical Mind Bolt attacks will have a cumulative effect. If the character successfully saves vs psionic attack, the damage is half and there are no penalties! Note: Mind Melters and Mind Bleeders will automatically sense who their attacker is!

20, 3, 17, 18, 19, 6, 1, 4

11, 5, 7, 14, 1, 4, 17, 20

11, 3, 5, 12, 16, 6, 8, 5

Ectype 4
Initiative: 1d20+7 = 26
Assist by buffing Wi-fi, Rook, Cassady, and Webs with Invincible Armor (Level 8)
OOC Comments
Federation of Magic pg. 144 [Modified by Maniacal Laugh for HU2:CC)
Range: Self or one other by touch.
Duration: 3 min/lvl.
Saving Throw: None
P.P.E.: 30
Although not quite as “invincible” as the name suggests, this impressive magical armor encases the wearer in a suit of shimmering, translucent plate armor, complete with full helm. The armor is Natural AR 18, is 50 SDC per level of the spell caster, and regenerates damage at the rate of 2d6 S.D.C. per melee round. The armor offers complete environmental protection from heat, cold, disease, pollution, toxic gases, fumes, etc. and, provides the wearer with an independent oxygen supply.
Furthermore, all energy attacks, magic or mundane, inflict only half their usual damage to the armor! Should the armor be destroyed, it absorbs all the extra damage and disappears in a flash of light. No damage is carried over to the wearer. Note: Magical armor cannot be placed on giant Automatons.

Action 1+2: Cast Invincible Armor on Rook.
Action 3+4: Casts Invincible Armor on Cassady.
Action 5+6: Casts Invincible Armor on Wi-fi
Actions 7+8: Casts Invincible Armor on Webs

4, 7, 18, 3, 15, 8, 12, 2

1, 17, 3, 8, 2, 7, 15, 12

19, 4, 7, 10, 11, 7, 8, 3
Last edited by Sentinel on Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yellow Dragon Ledger
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 236/236| H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 495/495 AR: 16 Save vs. Awe/Horror:14 (16) for words spoken and each attack against Sentinel
Ectype 1
Ectype P.P.E.: 236/236 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 495/495 Equipment: Mobile Compact Computer/ HUD interface, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 2
Ectype P.P.E.: 236/236 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 495/495 Equipment: Robot Repair Kit with sophisticated tools, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 3
Ectype P.P.E.: 236/236 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 495/495 Weapon: 40mm MM-1 Multiple Grenade Launcher Equipment: Neckband Radio/ID transponders

ImageImage
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Wi-Fi » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:00 am

(Maintain rolls)
, "Ms. Wi-fi, where is Brute??” Sentinel demands in a divinely amplified voice.
”Is that really a demon here?" he aks Wi-fi recalling

"Glad to see you back..he is around that corner dealing with Deathstar. and a pair of mummies. and yes that is a demon." she fires a force bolt to her enemy (or pauses if the demon is down), "Thanks for the aura." she says noticing the knights armor on her again.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points

Shock Gloves:
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Rook » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:26 pm

Conditions: Speed, attacks per melee, dodge and parry reduced TO 1/3 normal. Omega Suit down by 40 SDC.

Perception: 27% = 1d100 = 96

JIC: 1d20 = 1d20 = 15
1d100 = 1d100 = 69

Rook lets out a growl of frustration early as her metal pellets seem to have little effect, merely splashing off what seems like some sort of force-field. Cursing herself softly, the winged woman starts to move, to try and gain some altitude.. then suddenly finds that she's barely able to move. "What the fu-.." she starts, wobbling a little - thankfully though, the young woman is able to remain aloft despite the strange effect.

Quickly glancing about, taking in as best she can what is going on, Rook can't help but frown a little.. it seems like they are currently not doing well: Moya staggering under a heavy blow, Brute's seeming ineffective strikes at the strange looking foe, just to name a few. Closing her eyes for a moment, drawing in a breath she digs at the depth of her resolve, then lets out a little growl before diving towards the axe-wielding foe attacking Moya, seeking to try and take one of the weapon blows, hoping that her apparent invulnerability to metal holds up. As she moves, she fires off a pair of volleys of shards at that same foe, seeking to attract its attention..

Initiative: 1d20+1 = 21

APM: 2 (due to effects)

Action 1: Fire a volley of 4 metal shards at axe-wielding Zombar
Attack roll 1d20+6 = 12 ; Damage 8d6 = 25
Action 2: Fire a volley of 4 metal shards at axe-wielding Zombar
Attack roll 1d20+6 = 10; damage 8d6 = 25

Parries (if needed): 1> 1d20+4 = 22, 2> 1d20+4 = 20
Rook
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Blackhaunt » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:44 am

WAINGROH
Weather:
Time: 11:43:30-11:43:45 am

The axe Zombar twists his head and stares deep into Moya's soul. She finds that she is unable to move. Rook fires off a blast of metal shards at Zombar copy 1 (axe) and watches as the shards fly clean through his chest but don't slow him down a bit. Spiderweb runs toward Morax to wrap his webline around the demon. He manages to successfully get one part of his web stuck to the demon. Morax fires a beam of grey energy at Spiderweb, hitting him center mass. Spiderweb feels his entire body become heavy and still as he is turned into stone. His mind is still active, but he is incapable of movement. The webline disappears. Sentinel 3 summons a horde of tiny tiny bats to distract his enemy. They surround Morax, making it difficult for the Omegas to see anything around him as well as for him to see anything, ostensibly. Zombar Prime grotesquely creates 4 more versions of himself for a total of 6. Sentinel Prime moves to Wi-Fi's position and says "Ms. Wi-fi, where is Brute?" while he multiplies himself. Sentinel 4 gets to work and begins casting Invincible Armor on Rook. Zombar 4 slowly heads toward Morax. Zombar 2 slowly heads toward Wi-Fi. Rampart puts all of his energy into swinging one gigantic energy fist at the jaw of the voidman, Deathstar. The blow connects and Deathstar, while not knocked unconscious is definitely seeing some stars that aren't in his shadowy outline. Moya attempts to move her weapon to attack Zombar, but finds she is stuck in place. Can't move, can't speak. She can only stare into his evil eyes as he stares back at her. Zombar 5 stares at Brute but the Omega has begun running at high speed away from the zombie clone. Deathstar, on very uneasy footing fires off an almost perfectly placed blast of pure light at Rook. It hits the slow moving winged warrior square in the stomach, bypassing her Omega Suit and knocking the bejesus out of her. Wi-Fi looks around the pillar to see if she can get a good shot at Morax. She finds that he's surrounded by tiny tiny bats and as such, it's hard to get a read on him. Zombar 3 slowly heads toward Morax.

Zombar 1 and Moya stare into each other's eyes, unmoving. Rook fires another blast of metal at Zombar 1, but finds that the holes from the previous shot are healing over, even as she sends brand new ones through him. Sentinel 4 finishes up his spell on Rook, protecting her from further assault. Sentinel 3 begins casting Barrage at Morax. Morax's swarm of incredibly small bats moves closer to Rampart, obstructing the heroes vision. Sentinel casts See Aura and can tell the following:
See Aura
Deathstar
General Level of Experience: High
Magic?: No.
Psychic?: No.
Low or High PPE?: Low.
Possessing Entity?: No.
Health?: Completely Well.
Unusual Human Aberration?: Yes.

Zombar
General Level of Experience: High
Magic?: No
Psychic?: No
Low or High PPE?: Low
Possessing Entity?: No.
Health?: Completely Well
Unusual Human Aberration?: Yes.

The bats obscure your vision of Morax.

Zombar 4 continues to slowly make its way toward Morax. Zombar 2 continues to slowly make its way toward Wi-Fi. Zombar 5 seems to be trying to track the big red blur that is Brute. Deathstar switches targets to Rampart, after being slugged so hard. He fires an energy blast at him, connecting with the slow moving target's energy armor and doing some damage to it. Wi-Fi fires a force bolt at where Morax is. She hits a chunk of the swarming bats but can't see if she does any damage to the demon within. In the distance, a loud thud can be heard. Zombar 3 heads toward Morax. Brute winds up to punch the hell out of Zombar Prime.

Sentinel 4 begins to cast Invincible Armor on Rampart. Morax fires a grey beam from inside the swarm of bats, hitting Rook. She feels her body fight off some sort of effect from the beam, but is left unaffected. Sentinel 3 fires off a barrage of small comets at Morax, smashing through many of the bats surrounding him in order to damage the demon beneath. Zombar Prime and 5 are visibly tracking Brute's super speed movements. Sentinel Prime casts Sense Magic and can tell the following:
Sense Magic
Rook is under the effect of magic. Rampart is under the effect of magic.
Zombar 4 stops its slow creeping walk and catches Rampart's eye. The hero can feel his body lock in place as he is completely captivated by the look in Zombar's eyes. Zombar 2 attempts the same with Wi-Fi, getting in her line of vision while she throws a force bolt at Morax. She can feel something start to slide over her will, but she fights it off. Her bolt seemingly weaves through the lessening field of bats and strikes Morax's forcefield. Deathstar fires another bolt of energy at Rampart, barely connecting, but hitting heavily. Running from the other end of the room is a tall, bulky man made of metal. Zombar 3 pops up in Rook's vision and she feels something start to take hold. She wins the battle of wills and the feeling goes away. Brute finishes his high speed run and slams his crystalline fist into Zombar Prime's head, tearing it straight off and sending it across the room. The lack of blood is slightly distressing, but what's more so is watching Ironvein catch the head as if it were a football and continue running toward the fracas.

Sentinel 4 finishes casting Invincible Armor on Rampart. Morax fires back at Wi-Fi with a grey blast of energy that hits her but doesn't effect her at all. Sentinel 3 casts Mental Blast toward Morax and hears an ungodly scream come from inside his cloud of bats. Zombar Prime's body continues standing and slowly turns to face the rapidly approaching Ironvein. Sentinel Prime begins to casts Negate Magic on Rook. Zombar 2 tries again to get Wi-Fi to stare into its eyes, this time with a greater degree of success. Wi-Fi finds that she is unable to move or act as she stares deep into the windows of this soulless husk. Brute heads to punch Morax but the demon blocks his blow.

Sentinel 4 begins casting Invincible Armor on his enraptured teammate, Wi-Fi. Morax fires off a beam of grey energy, this time striking Brute. The big red giant can feel his speed begin to fail him as his body transforms into stone. Brute lands face up on his back and is aware of a flickering light directly above his head. Sentinel 3 casts Mental Blast at Morax, who is seemingly heavily affected by it. Sentinel Prime finishes casting Negate Magic on Rook but the spell doesn't waver. Zombar 5 begins making his way toward Sentinel Prime. Ironvein reaches Zombar Prime and hands him back his head.

Sentinel 4 finishes casting Invincible Armor on Wi-Fi. Sentinel 3 casts Mental Blast on Morax again to great effect. Sentinel Prime begins casting Negate Magic on Rook again. Zombar 3 shambles around Rook.

Sentinel 4 begins casting Invincible Armor on his stoney teammate, Spiderweb. Sentinel 3 casts Mental Blast at Morax again. Sentinel Prime finishes casting Negate Magic on Rook but can't seem to break the spell she's under. Ironvein reaches the edge of the fray and says ”Look around you, Stone Man.”

Sentinel 4 finishes casting Invincible Armor on Spiderweb. Sentinel 3 casts Mental Blast on Morax again. Sentinel Prime begins casting Negate Magic again on Rook (will resolve next round). Ironvein continues his speech. ”Your team is negated, you are surrounded. You cannot hope to win this. Walk away and I'll spare your life.”

MAP
Down In It Lair 4.png

What are you doing? Combat Posts! Round 4!

Butcher's Bill (cumulative)
Brute:
-16 to Omega Suit.
You are unable to move/act until further notice.

Moya:
-16 to Omega Suit.
As you were unable to act, your EP has not been used.

Rampart:
-121 to Energy Armor.
Invincible Armor:
Natural AR: 18
SDC: 350
Regen: 2D6/melee round
Duration: 21 minutes
Takes ½ damage from Energy.

Rook:
-40 SDC to Omega Suit.
-53 to personal SDC.
Invincible Armor:

Spiderweb:
Invincible Armor:

Wi-Fi:
-43 SDC to Omega Suit.
Invincible Armor:
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master

Postby Spiderweb » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:03 am

Perception (30%): 1d100 = 5
Initiative 1d20 = 1
JIC: 1d20 = 14
JIC%: 1d100 = 65

The first part went pretty well, Barney started winding the Demon in webbing. Then things went very wrong, he was hit by a petrification ray of some kind.

What the... He thinks, These guys have way too many tricks for our pay grade. I wonder if it was this guy who was controlling my powers too. His powers seem to be mainly innate, because he is using them without the usual words and gestures that being wrapped up might have prevented him from using...and faster than Sentinel's spellcasting to boot.

He thinks a bit, Is there anything I can do to break out of this? Well possibly, I mean, I have the ability to change my physical state, so if I try to revert to human from bone, will that negate the transformation to stone as well? I will have to try it, as I do not seem to have any other options.
Spiderweb
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Brute » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:41 am

Conditions: Monstrous Form; APS of Limb: Crystal; Petrified;

Perception: 51% 1d100 = 69

JIC: 1d20 = 9
1d100 = 15

He runs.

Out of the corner of his eye, almost as if in slow motion, he sees Moya, transfixed by Zombar. Sees Spiderweb turned to stone by Morax, sees him fall. He sees Rampart transfixed. One by one, he watches his Omegas taken out of the fight. That is when he is struck by Morax's grey energy beam.

Brute's monstrous form drops with an unnatural 'thunk' - the sound of stone hitting the floor.

His brain sends commands he cannot vocalize. He strains to turn a head that no longer responds. He sees only the cieling, and the shapes of people nearby.

Not again!

He struggles in vain to move, to get up, to scream - anything.

NOT AGAIN!

He recalls another fight, in Iron Beach. Another fight where he was rendered helpless. A fight they lost. A friend, dead.

BY ODIN NOT AGAIN!!

Every synapse in Brute's brain fires helplessly, sending impulse after impulse to unyielding stone muscles.

This was SUPPOSED to be DIFFERENT! I was the leader this time! I had a PLAN! We were supposed to take them by surprise, take them out before they could react!

Futilely, he strains his mind.

What did I do wrong? I... I could've called for backup. I could've... I should've killed Morax instead of wasting time with Deathstar. I Should've killed that kid before he became Zombar... I...

the synapses in his mind slow, no longer trying to force movement from stone, instead, overtaken by despair.

This is my fault.

What were they thinking, making me leader? Who am I even? I'm a nobody, a highschool dropout, formerly homeless, fry cook. I'm no leader.

In desperation, he waits. He can't see what's become of Sentinel or Rook, and he doesn't dare to guess.

I can't protect them. I can't... direct them. I've failed. Forgive me Odin, I've failed.

Inside his head, he laughs.

If nothing else, Balisong won't have to commission statues of us for the memorial garden.

Then, from the depths of self-pity, a thought arises, and he dedicates himself to it entirely, with a ferocity he's rarely felt:

The moment I can move again... I have to kill Morax.
Brute

Normal Form

Monstrous Form

Omega Suit
Features:

Draupnir
    Mind Block Auto-Defense
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Wi-Fi » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:04 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 94
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 30
This is not what I planned if by some vast miracle we survive I will definitely have words with Balisong about the Omega training program..A bunch of teens out team worked us. Is Team-worked even a word?...to hell with it. it is now... better to go down fighting. she pauses and thinks deeper.

The mutant could not do anything like this. Whatever power this was relied on line of sight..and affected mind and body. perhaps Psychic or magical? one theory sprung to mind..if this attack was in the mind and body one or both could be shielded. if the mind could be freed her power was not inconsiderable. but how? Focusing her efforts to regain action and have the shields on her do as they were intended was the only option. She thought of Brute and the omegas.. thinking the poem 'the Rime of the ancient Mariner.' she would aim future attacks at the mummies neck and head if he can't see he can no paralyze.

A speck, a mist, a shape, I wist!
And still it neared and neared:
As if it dodged a water-sprite,
It plunged and tacked and veered.

With throats unslaked, with black lips baked,
We could nor laugh nor wail;
Through utter drought all dumb we stood!
I bit my arm, I sucked the blood,
And cried, A sail! a sail!

With throats unslaked, with black lips baked,
Agape they heard me call:
Gramercy! they for joy did grin,
And all at once their breath drew in.
As they were drinking all.

Brute deserves better, this team deserves better.. Wi-Fi thinks of Brute then the team, I spent too much time trying to be a hero..not what I am. Being a hero is not a job, it is goal. how I get to goal is less important...if I have to act in a way I don't like..then so be it. The Demon and Mummy need to die..permanently. I can't move..but I can try to break line of sight maybe even turn it on to Ironvien or Morax. With out them we might have a chance and tries Telekinesis of the super kind. If her TK worked turning Zombar away from me might work if her. So far her effort was futile.
OOC Comments
If Psionics work.
Twist the Zombar (in front of her) head/body toward Ironvien/demon is she can. Worse case pop it off like a breaking a Pezz out of Pezz Dispenser)
If needed add appropriate bonus as needed: Roll to Strike: 1d20 = 13
Super TK
Range: 100' per lvl Damage: 1d4*10 per 100 lbs
Duration: 2 minutes per lvl
ISP:10+ ISP per 100 lbs

ignore
OOC Comments
1d100 = 97
1d20 = 16
1d100 = 2
1d20+4 = 15
3d6 = 9
1d20+4 = 14
3d6 = 8
1d20+4 = 14
3d6 = 7
Last edited by Wi-Fi on Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points

Shock Gloves:
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Tom Cassidy » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:07 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 37/58%
JIC: 1d100 = 4/1d20 = 1
Save vs Magic (for any additional spell that might be cast against him or anything else that might be applicable): 1d20+8 = 27
Save vs Psionics (just in case, y'know, while I'm at it): 1d20+3 = 20
Initiative: 1d20-1 = 2 (hey, I can dream – don’t judge me)
APM: 6 (currently zip/zilch/zero/nada/bupkis/squadoo)

Conditions
Conditions:
- Flight Disc: 176.75 minutes (707 melees) duration remaining
- Energy Shield: 56.75 minutes (227 melees) duration remaining
- Energy Fist: 56.75 minutes (227 melees) duration remaining
- Hold Breath: 31.5 minutes (126 melees) duration remaining
- Force Field Armor: 179/300 SDC
- Invincible Armor: 20.75 minutes remaining | AR 18, 350 SDC | Regenerates 2d6 SDC per round | half damage from all energy attacks | Complete environmental protection from heat, cold, disease, pollution, toxic gases, fumes, etc. and, provides the wearer with an independent oxygen supply
- Magically slowed down: speed, attacks per melee, dodge, and parry are all reduced to one-third
- Transfixing Gaze: can’t move or speak

Rampart feels the webline tighten as he and Spiderweb start their impromptu maypole dance around the bat-infested demonic fashion plate. He smirks as the line swings him around, just as he planned, putting him in a straight line to Deathstar. C’mon, champ… he says to himself. You’ve only got one shot at this before “Space Above and Beyond” over there sucks all the air out from around your teammates. Well, aside from Moya anyway. Make it count. His smirk turns into a look of sheer surprise and disbelief as although it certainly rang Deathstar’s star-flecked bell he was still awake – and rather perturbed at someone actually having laid a good one across what was presumably his kisser. To make matters worse, he was venting that ire in the form of some energy blasts that were hitting his force field armor pretty hard. Glad I decided to whip up some added protection. This Omega Suit’s supposed to be pretty tough but I’d rather not find out the hard way.

He notices some magical glow start to wisp around him, and is slightly relieved when he recognizes it as an armor spell. Well that’ll come in handy with the next blasts Space-Boy lands on—wait, why’s the multi-zombie staring at me like that????

The answer is immediate and disappointing as Tom finds himself instantly immobilized when he makes eye contact. Aw man, you gotta be kidding me! First Mister Shiny White Suit, now the Walking Evil Dead. Does EVERY supervillain have immobilizers on their evil minion team in this burg? He struggles and strains to turn his head, to blink, to even something as minor as look at the wall behind Zombar instead of the zombie himself, but to no avail. Well… crap in a monkey-fightin’ hat. I think this is the must utterly frustrating game of ‘one, two, three, red light’ I’ve ever played.

As he struggles in vain to extricate himself from being an unwilling participant in this super-powered staring contest, he overhears a very smug supervillain.

Blackhaunt wrote:”Look around you, Stone Man. Your team is negated, you are surrounded. You cannot hope to win this. Walk away and I'll spare your life.”

Wait, ‘Stone Man?’ He must mean Sentinel… a small flicker of hope flashes through his mind. He must not have all his clones active if Ironvein’s saying they’ve got him surrounded. Here’s hoping you can pull a rabbit out of your stoney butt, amigo – I didn’t hop across two dimensions trying to get back here only to snuff it at the undead hands of a zombie with the ‘evil eye.’ He keeps struggling even though he knows he can’t break away. All I need’s a moment’s distraction, you shambling hooligan. Just freakin’ blink already! Because when you do, I’m gonna conjure up… a spoon! Yeah, a giant energy spoon that I’m gonna use to dig all your eyes out. And I’m gonna make it a really DULL spoon so it’ll hurt more. And when I’ve dug out all your eyes, I’ll put them in a box, and then I'll put that box inside of another box, and then I'll mail that box to myself, and when it arrives... I'll smash it with a giant energy sledgehammer! It's brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, I tell you! Genius, I say!

Or, to save on postage, maybe I’ll just shove them down that demon’s pants. That’ll give you an eyeful all right. Until I squish those eyes into jelly with a full power punch to his nether regions, that is.

He keeps straining, struggling, waiting for even a moment’s respite from the zombie’s trap gaze. Anytime you’re ready with that stinky rabbit, Sentinel…
Tom Cassidy

Postby Sentinel » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:06 am

Sentinel
Perception: 1d100 = 53 /61% (another +15% for arcane)
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 11/ D100 JiC: / 1d100 = 44

Skills:

Yellow Dragon
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 166/236 | H.P.: N/A | M.D.C.: 495/495 AR: 16

Spells:
Butcher Bill: PPE -70

Before anyone knew it, the battle had turned south. Nearly to the man the Omega’s are disabled. Sentinel failing to break the enchantment over Rook and the others, is left bewildered. Magic he knows, powers he didn’t. Only in his own was he initiated and only passingly so of his teams. He was frankly surprised at seeing Zombar multiply. He had never seen another with his “power”. His warriors are never ending. They are an army of infinite. He felt that to his core and was offended by Zombars insolence at thinking he could hold him and the Omega’s hostage.

Sentinel looking around surrounded felt the insult of Ironveins proclomation rage inside him. He is the Yellow Dragon. He has ended lives, and brought it back. Who else but gods decide who lives and dies?

”You think you have any hope because you dare declare I have none? You have made the worst mistake of your terrible lives in betraying the Yellow Dragon!” Sentinel proclaims.

”Bow to me and worship me!” Zheng demands with a divine force compelling his commands. Divine Aura save vs psionic (DC 15) to obey. Note: This will break the gaze releasing those held hostages by the Zombars that fail.

Sentinel compels the Zombar Prime with Domination and will order him turn his minions gaze on Ironvein and Deathstar. Sentinel will not look Zombar in the face seeing his teammates locked in their stares.
After dominating Zombar sentinel will dominate Ironvein with another compulsion spell and also turns him against Deathstar.
Initiative: 1d20+7 = 17

Action 1: Two more ectypes emerge from Sentinel.
Action 2: Speak and command the enemy with Divine Aura to bow before him.
OOC Comments
3. Power of Command: As often as every three melees (45 seconds), the character can issue a simple, attention drawing command. Not a complex set of instructions or plans or something completely contrary to the person's nature, but things like, "stop," "look," "listen: "no," "duck/look out," "unhand her," "give it to me," and so on. Everybody hearing the command is likely to pause and/or obey, at least for an instant. Roll to save vs psionic attack/mind control or lose and be forced to obey and lose one melee attack/action in the process. Followers devoted to the character will get bonuses from such commands ("get him," "kill," etc.) and are +1 on initiative, +1 to strike, parry and dodge, and get one additional melee attack. Note: Each command counts as one melee attack.

Action 3-8: Sentinel Casts Dominate on Zombar Prime and Ironvein as many times as required. DC 15 vs magic. Domination
OOC Comments
(Level 5) RUE pg. 207
Range: Touch or within 4 ft.
Duration: 15 min/lvl
Saving Throw: Standard.
P.P.E.: 10
Domination is another trance-like enchantment that enables the spell caster to impose his will over his victim's, forcing the individual to do his bidding. The victim of Domination appears to act oddly, dazed, confused, slow and unfriendly (ignoring friends, etc.). The enchanted character has one goal, to fulfill the commands of the spell caster. Under the enchantment of Domination, the character's alignment does not apply. He will steal, lie, assist in crimes, kidnap, betray friends, reveals secrets and so on. The victim is under the (almost) complete control of the spell caster. The only things the bewitched victim will not do are commit suicide, inflict self-harm, or kill a friend or loved one. A good aligned character, Principled, Scrupulous and even Unprincipled, can not be made to kill anybody; it is too deeply against their alignment. Note: The enchanted person is not himself and suffers the following penalties. Attacks per melee round are half, speed is half, all skills are half their usual proficiency, speech is slow, and the person seems distracted or a little dazed.
A successful saving throw versus magic means the magic has no effect. The character is 100% his normal self. The effects of the Domination magic can not be faked. Can not affect a person inside environmental M.D.C. body armor, power armor, robots, or vehicles.

If he handily dominates Zombar and Ironvein any actions are left he will cast Mental Blast against the Deathstar.
As needed: HP:5d6 = 15 , HP:5d6 = 24, HP:5d6 = 20, HP:5d6 = 19

OOC Comments

JIC:
6, 16, 13, 9, 15, 14, 14, 13

1, 13, 20, 12, 2, 12, 12, 5

12, 16, 1, 7, 4, 7, 19, 14

Ectype 3
Perception: 1d100 = 75 /61% (another +15% for arcane)
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 16/ D100 JiC: / 1d100 = 61
P.P.E.: 146/236 | H.P.: N/A | M.D.C.: 495/495 AR: 16
Bill: -90
Spells or Conditions active: Action 1 Summons forth bats (Common pipistrelle) to harry the villain Approx 30.
OOC Comments
Summon and Command Small Animals (AU)
The hero or villain is able to summon animals that understand and obey him. These creatures are summoned via sheer will and appear out of nowhere as if teleported to his side.
Angora white rabbits cliff notes

Number: 60 lbs worth equals approx. Common pipistrelle. 018 ounces Total 333 bats
Estimate horror factor 13 +1 per additional 20 = 29
Duration: Controlled for 8 hrs/lvl or until dismissed, or dead. 56 hours.
3d6 SDC per 10 per melee round. Estimated 99d6 SDC per melee? SDC:[dice]99d6[/dice] /Melee

Distraction Penalties on Swarm Attacks: -1D6 on Perception Rolls, -1D4 on initiative, -1D4 to strike, parry, dodge and disarm, and each attempt to remove or bat an animal away uses up one of the character’s attacks/melee actions. Penalties last for as long as the character is confronted and attacked by an animal swarm. Note: If a character succumbs to Horror Factor (even heroes and super-villains), he loses two melee attacks for that first melee round and increase the penalties listed above by an additional -2. Double the penalties if the character has a phobia/fear of

Initiative: 1d20+7 = 11

Action 1: Commands the bats to spread out and swarm the Zombars also helping to break their line of site and thrall over his team and to turn his stone ray against Ironvein, and deathstar.
Action 2-8: Action 3-8: Sentinel Casts Domination on Morax as many times as needed and commands him to return his teammates back into flesh and blood. DC 15 vs magic. Domination
OOC Comments
(Level 5) RUE pg. 207
Range: Touch or within 4 ft.
Duration: 15 min/lvl
Saving Throw: Standard.
P.P.E.: 10
Domination is another trance-like enchantment that enables the spell caster to impose his will over his victim's, forcing the individual to do his bidding. The victim of Domination appears to act oddly, dazed, confused, slow and unfriendly (ignoring friends, etc.). The enchanted character has one goal, to fulfill the commands of the spell caster. Under the enchantment of Domination, the character's alignment does not apply. He will steal, lie, assist in crimes, kidnap, betray friends, reveals secrets and so on. The victim is under the (almost) complete control of the spell caster. The only things the bewitched victim will not do are commit suicide, inflict self-harm, or kill a friend or loved one. A good aligned character, Principled, Scrupulous and even Unprincipled, can not be made to kill anybody; it is too deeply against their alignment. Note: The enchanted person is not himself and suffers the following penalties. Attacks per melee round are half, speed is half, all skills are half their usual proficiency, speech is slow, and the person seems distracted or a little dazed.
A successful saving throw versus magic means the magic has no effect. The character is 100% his normal self. The effects of the Domination magic can not be faked. Can not affect a person inside environmental M.D.C. body armor, power armor, robots, or vehicles.

If he handily dominates Morax any actions left he will cast Mental Blast against Deathstar.
As needed: HP:5d6 = 15 , HP:5d6 = 16, HP:5d6 = 19, HP:5d6 = 11

OOC Comments

5, 12, 4, 7, 3, 7, 4, 8

16, 1, 13, 1, 14, 9, 12, 13

19, 6, 16, 12, 2, 3, 6, 13

Ectype 4
Perception: 1d100 = 28 /61% (another +15% for arcane)
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 6/ D100 JiC: / 1d100 = 76
P.P.E.: 116/236 | H.P.: N/A | M.D.C.: 495/495 AR: 16

Bill: PPE -120

The ectype nearest Sentinel Prime throws a flare into the air and watches the anger and if anyone doesn’t bow before him or starts to get up he will further command they bow from their impertinence at disobeying.

”I said bow before me!” the ectype commands. Divine Aura save vs psionic (DC 15) to obey.

He then blasts the Zombar in the face with sparks avoiding his gaze and will cast realm of chaos taking any that are not dominated to another realm to face their own demons for their disrespect towards the Emperor.

Initiative: 1d20+7 = 9

Action 1: Throws a flare intot he air to distract and allow his team to see better in the basement. Flare Burst:
OOC Comments
A brilliant flare burst that hangs up in the sky for 1D4 melee rounds (15-60 seconds) before it slowly descends to the ground (takes another 1D4 melees to descend and burn out). This fireworks display illuminates an area bright enough to read. May be used as a signal beacon or to light up a battleground at night.
Area of Effect: 200 foot (61 m) radius.
Duration: 1D4 melee rounds of maximum illumination, +1D4 additional melee rounds where the light is half and the flare descends to the ground.
Damage: None; used to light an area or signal others.
Attacks per Melee: Each flare counts as one melee attack.

Action 2 for those who don’t bow or action 3 for those getting up: Speak and command the enemy with Divine Aura to bow before him.
OOC Comments
3. Power of Command : As often as every three melees (45 seconds), the character can issue a simple, attention drawing command. Not a complex set of instructions or plans or something completely contrary to the person's nature, but things like, "stop," "look," "listen: "no," "duck/look out," "unhand her," "give it to me," and so on. Everybody hearing the command is likely to pause and/or obey, at least for an instant. Roll to save vs psionic attack/mind control or lose and be forced to obey and lose one melee attack/action in the process. Followers devoted to the character will get bonuses from such commands ("get him," "kill," etc.) and are +1 on initiative, +1 to strike, parry and dodge, and get one additional melee attack. Note: Each command counts as one melee attack.

Action 3-5: Throws sparks into Zombars face to blind and hurt them. Fireworks Blast:
OOC Comments
The super being can fire a shower of glittering white and green sparks at an opponent or target.
Range: 50 feet (15.2 m) per level of experience.
Duration: Instant.
Damage: 2D4, +1D4 at levels 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 and 14.
Attacks per Melee: Each blast counts as one melee attack.
Bonuses: +1 to strike if an Aimed Shot, no bonus to strike if shooting wild.
1. Strike: 1d20+10 = 13 DMG: 5d4 = 11 2. Strike: 1d20+10 = 22 DMG: 5d4 = 13 3. Strike: 1d20+10 = 30 DMG: 5d4 = 12

Action 6-7: Casts Realm of Chaos to affect all enemies in 100ft which is all of them. Realm of Chaos DC vs Magic 18
OOC Comments
(Level 9) Federation of Magic pg. 149
Range: Up to a 100 ft. radius around the spell caster.
Duration: 1 min/lvl.
Saving Throw: -3 to save.
P.P.E.: 70
The spellcaster can magically plunge himself and his enemies or all people within a 100 foot (30.5 m) radius (with the mage at the center) into a strange dimension known as the Realm of Chaos. Practitioners of magic believe this nightmarish realm is a frightful kingdom someplace in the Astral Plane. The general surroundings mimic the appearance of those in which the people just left, only they will seem somehow unnatural and empty (no strangers, animals, insects, etc.); clearly a copy. Only the spell caster is unaffected by what happens next.
Each character taken to the realm will experience his or her most hated and/or feared enemy or rival. In some cases, where a group of people are highly motivated or afraid of the same thing, one major villain/foe will confront all or most of the group (including at least one henchman per character). This deadly foe can be an antagonist the character(s) faced in the past or plan (or fear) to face in the present or future
(except the spell caster). Additionally, it can be a foe they have slain in the past. In such a case, they will claim to have returned to crave their revenge. These fearsome opponents all have revenge and murder on their minds and attack immediately. All these villains and monsters appear to have their normal powers, skills, and weaponry. They are not illusions (presumably mental creations of the Astral Plane unwittingly magically created and fueled by the very people who fear or hate of them). Thus, they can be destroyed through combat.
Since the spell caster who brought everybody to the Realm of Chaos is not affected, he can step back and enjoy the show or join in the battle to destroy his enemies.
The only way to escape the Realm of Chaos is to wait for the spell duration to elapse, to kill the mage who cast the spell or to force him to take them back, the natural world. Note: The spell caster is central to this dimensional spell. He cannot leave the Realm on his own. When he leaves, everybody he brought with him in the first place comes with him. The magical enemies and fears are not the genuine article and cannot he carried back to the real world.

Actions 8: Cast Invisibility (Superior) on self and hides watching those pulled in fight their demons [Prowl: Prowl 103%]

19, 19, 9, 13, 17, 3, 11, 17

6, 20, 20, 9, 17, 13, 8, 3

19, 7, 6, 10, 1, 6, 10, 16

Ectype 5
Perception: 1d100 = 2 /61% (another +15% for arcane)
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 9/ D100 JiC: / 1d100 = 25
Bill: PPE

The two ectypes move in unison to surround Deathstar in order to attempt to deliver devastating blows against him. The ectype casts fleet feet to supercharge his speed and casts Barrage to pin down and set up for devastating blows to follow.

Initiative: 1d20+7 = 20
Action 1-2: Casts Fleet feet.
OOC Comments
Fleet Feet (Level 6) PFRGP Main Pg. 186
P.P.E.: 20
Range: Self or other by spell up to 20 ft (6 m) away or ritual.
Duration: 2 Melee/lvl.

Fleet feet is an extremely popular and powerful magic spell; it is its popularity and therefore commonness that makes it a 6th level spell. The incantation doubles the physical prowess, speed and mobility of the enchanted person for 30 seconds (2 melee rounds) per level of the spell caster. This means the character's speed, and P.P. are doubled (providing increased P.P. bonuses to strike, parry and dodge) and perhaps most notably, the character's attacks per melee round are all doubled for the duration of the spell.
While the character is a veritable whirlwind of action, the enchantment does have some drawbacks. He is moving so fast and doing so much that the character is -2 on the initiative and not likely to see a surprise attack coming (in most cases a surprise attack or strike from behind is automatic). Furthermore, the performance of delicate skills like picking locks or pockets, carving, writing, etc., are all at -20% and the character cannot control his precise movement.

Action 3-4: Barrage (Level 6) Summary of Barrage: Damage: 10 blasts 2 SD per blast, 20 SD if all blast hit, Duration 7 seconds
Range 280ft.
Save: Dodge or Parry
Effect: -3 to defend against any other attack leveled at him during the barrage, loses two melee attacks/actions plus those used to dodge or parry, cannot take any offensive action (only parry and dodge) while being hammered by the barrage.
OOC Comments
Federation of Magic pg 138
Range: 100 ft. +30 ft./lvl
Duration: 7 seconds (approximately half a melee round).
Damage: 2 M.D./S.D.C. per strike ~ 3 hammering force blasts +1 per
level of the spell caster.
Saving Throw: Dodge or parry.
This spell unleashes a succession of force blasts lo batter its intended target like a swarm of tiny comets striking one after the other. Each energy blast is visible, about the size of a softball with a vapor trail, and fast-moving. Once unleashed against a target, the “barrage” continues until all blasts are used up. Even if the victim runs, flies up, or dives for cover, the barrage will follow him like tiny guided missiles.
However, because the blast pulses are reasonably large and visible, the character can try to dodge or parry them with a weapon. A successful dodge means the magical blast misses and dispels. A successful parry means it is batted away and dispels on impact. Of course, the downside is that the barrage of magic force will either strike, injure and distract the victim, or will cause him to spend his time and combat actions trying to defend against the attack! Either way, the character is distracted and injured.
In addition to taking damage (each blast that hits does two M.D.), the victim is distracted from events and activity around him (focused on the pounding attack) and is -3 to defend against any other attack leveled at him during the barrage. Worse, even if the character stands his place and takes the pummeling of force, he loses two melee attacks/actions, because he cannot take any offensive action (only parry and dodge) while being hammered by the barrage!

Action 5-6: Death Blow at will Strike: 1d20+11 = 28 HP DMG: 12d6+25 = 70
Action 7-8: Death Blow at will Strike: 1d20+11 = 24 HP DMG: 12d6+25 = 65
Action 9-10: Death Blow at will Strike: 1d20+11 = 19 HP DMG: 12d6+25 = 58
Action 11-12: Death Blow at will Strike: 1d20+11 = 21 HP DMG: 12d6+25 = 67
Action 13-14: Death Blow at will Strike: 1d20+11 = 22 HP DMG: 12d6+25 = 76
Action 15-16: Death Blow at will Strike: 1d20+11 = 19 HP DMG: 12d6+25 = 63

[If Deathstar isn’t available to target then actions will be carried on Ironvein then Zombar.]

Deathblow rules: viewtopic.php?p=1349682#p1349682

14, 18, 15, 6, 1, 15, 14, 3

15, 8, 18, 14, 1, 10, 16, 17

7, 3, 3, 8, 7, 7, 7, 6

Ectype 6
Perception: 1d100 = 54 /61% (another +15% for arcane)
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 12/ D100 JiC: / 1d100 = 12
Bill: PPE

Ectype 6 takes unanimous actions with ectype 5 except he uses Mental Blast to further soften Deathstar before delivering devastating strikes.

Initiative: 1d20+7 = 22

Action 1-2: Casts Fleet feet.
OOC Comments
Fleet Feet (Level 6) PFRGP Main Pg. 186
Range: Self or other by spell up to 20 ft (6 m) away or ritual.
Duration: 2 Melee/lvl.

Fleet feet is an extremely popular and powerful magic spell; it is its popularity and therefore commonness that makes it a 6th level spell. The incantation doubles the physical prowess, speed and mobility of the enchanted person for 30 seconds (2 melee rounds) per level of the spell caster. This means the character's speed, and P.P. are doubled (providing increased P.P. bonuses to strike, parry and dodge) and perhaps most notably, the character's attacks per melee round are all doubled for the duration of the spell.
While the character is a veritable whirlwind of action, the enchantment does have some drawbacks. He is moving so fast and doing so much that the character is -2 on the initiative and not likely to see a surprise attack coming (in most cases a surprise attack or strike from behind is automatic). Furthermore, the performance of delicate skills like picking locks or pockets, carving, writing, etc., are all at -20% and the character cannot control his precise movement.

Action 3: Casts Mental Blast against Deathstar DMG: 5d6 = 19 save vs psionics +3 spell power to DC.
OOC Comments

Action 4: Mental Blast against Deathstar DMG 5d6 = 18 save vs psionics +3 spell power to DC.
Action 5-6: Death Blow at will Strike: 1d20+11 = 24 HP DMG: 12d6+25 = 70
Action 7-8: Death Blow at will Strike: 1d20+11 = 12 HP DMG: 12d6+25 = 67
Action 9-10: Death Blow at will Strike: 1d20+11 = 22 HP DMG: 12d6+25 = 68
Action 11-12: Death Blow at will Strike: 1d20+11 = 24 HP DMG: 12d6+25 = 71
Action 13-14: Death Blow at will Strike: 1d20+11 = 18 HP DMG: 12d6+25 = 67
Action 15-16: Death Blow at will Strike: 1d20+11 = 25 HP DMG: 12d6+25 = 67

[If Deathstar isn’t available to target then actions will be carried on Ironvein then Zombar.]

Deathblow rules: viewtopic.php?p=1349682#p1349682

19, 7, 14, 16, 16, 17, 17, 11

13, 7, 15, 12, 10, 13, 7, 9

10, 18, 15, 10, 13, 3, 17, 3
Yellow Dragon Ledger
OOC Comments
Ectype 1
Ectype 2
Ectype 3

ImageImage
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

PreviousNext

Return to Century Station: Operation Overlord Adventures