OMEGAS: Down In It

In Century Station Operation Overlord has begun, villains beware!

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: OMEGAS: Down In It

Postby Brute » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:18 am

(Though they be heavy, and the road long, my rolls will be carried over)

Rampart wrote:"Well yeah, 'IF' -- I wouldn't be here playing 'dashingly handsome super hero' otherwise. I'd have stayed my happy little evil butt back in MercTown and started my takeover of the local Black Market."


Brute's eyes widen. "Did you say 'MercTown?' I have a friend from there. Then. Whatever. More than a friend, really... we fought through Asgard and Hell together. Sir Ronith Turand - I don't guess you've heard of him?"

Ronith had mentioned someone named Spencer also - But couldn't have been talking about Rampart, his name's Cassidy.

Rampart wrote:"Uhm... and the moral of the story is 'never punch a dome, it might be someone you know?' For the record, I can't turn into a dome..."


"Well, to be fair, he was mind-controlled and protecting our enemies, so even if I had recognized him the result might've been the same."

Rampart wrote:"I'm beginning to sense a theme here -- beyond 'Brute Smash' anyway -- and that's CHIMERA not making briefings on new member dossiers a priority, am I right?"


Brute chuckles. "Oh, they're available. Good luck finding time to review them."

Rook wrote: "I honestly keep hoping to find a cast iron frying pan. Those things are so useful in a lot of ways!"


Brute smiles. "That reminds me of an old movie I saw as a kid - heroes kept running around with a frying pan instead of a sword."

Rook wrote:"Right.. third line. If they start lobbing projectiles though I can meat-shield it up as well. Not so much lasers and.. bombs and fire and stuff. Maybe not arrows.. I'm not certain on that one."


Brute smiles. "We all have our weaknesses. Like, if I get mind-controlled, standing orders are to get outta dodge. Let the Centurions handle it. I like those guys a lot less than I like our guys." He holds up his ring, Draupnir. "Hopefully, though, I have less to fear from that now I've got Odin's Ring. Or a copy of it, at any rate. Odin's got the original."
Brute

Normal Form
AR: 0
HP: 45/45
SDC: 186/186

Monstrous Form
AR: 13
HP: 40/40
SDC: 846/846

Motion detector, 20’ radius range
Predator’s hearing (+2 Initiative, 8X Normal)

Omega Suit
A.R.: 17
SDC: 100/250
Features:
1) Hyper-mimetic alloy fibers change size and molecular composition to fit wearer regardless of APS powers, shape or size changes.
2) Built-in short range encrypted radio transceiver (Omega freq only).
3) Built-in RFID transponder for C.S.P.D. verifies wearer is a Centurion to all C.S.P.D. and their precise GPS location within 20'

Draupnir
    Mind Block Auto-Defense
    +2 vs. magic; +2 vs. Horror Factor
User avatar
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:48 am
Location: Starkville, MS

Re: OMEGAS: Down In It

Postby Blackhaunt » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:31 am

WAINGROH
Date: Monday, March 23rd, 2043
Weather: Outside: Sunny, warm, bright (55 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 11:30-11:35 am
Wi-Fi suggests to Rook that she trace the underground cables back to their source. The winged hero is too caught up in searching for metal to defend their self with to hear the suggestion and instead searches through drawers for utensils. She finds a tray of forks, spoons and knives (10 each) in the drawer to the right of the sink and a knife block with 5 different styles of large cooking knife in it.

Seeing that Rook is caught up, and that Wi-Fi can still see the diagram in her mind, she follows the cables to their termination. Moya backs her up. They end up in a room in the SE corner of the building. There's two vending machines pulled away from the wall. The one directly in front of her, on the Southern wall, is where the cables she saw in the description lead. Checking behind it, she sees a box protruding from the wall that has quite a few sockets. The power cord from the vending machine in front of said box splits at the end and would seem to plug into each of them. Looking at the products in the vending machine, there are plenty of bars of candy and other snacks in each of the slots. The touchpad seems almost brand new, except for the worn down number 4 and letter F.

The rest of the Omegas chop it up waiting for something to happen.

MAP
Down In It Office 3.png


What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 757
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:39 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: CENTURY STATION

Re: OMEGAS: Down In It

Postby Wi-Fi » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:06 am

Perception: 1d100 = 58
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 85

"I should seize these machines later for my DnD group. Probably won't help the group wizard. He already enjoys his pasta quite a bit. He does knows his way around the Wizard classes like no one else." she comments, "This is not exactly what I thought at first. at least there is no Alt key to hit..." Tapping the radio.

"Brute, Wi-Fi here, I found our objective. Looks pretty straight forward. before I hit this do we have our newest 'recruits' in place?" she asks and untapped her comms.
Radio basic:
OOC Comments
Radio: Basic -- 1d100 = 30 / 104%


"I'll need you to activate a specific circuit. The one that deactivates the electro-magnets holding the lift up. I can telepathically show you if you need me too. Once we trigger we have two minutes to get back to the lift. Moya, you ready? we do this on Brutes call. Much as I trust not trapping the device. I can remotely activate the keys.. Wi-Fi spoke plainly as a layer of silver formed over her. as the spider looked about near the mutant. Wi-Fi still felt something off but could not place be sure. Probably just paranoid.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
Bonuses in green apply only when force aura is active.
PPE: 15
ISP: 128/140
HP: 30 (34 with aura)
SDC: 47 (260)
Aura: 0/260 (Aura also gives superhuman strength)
Swarm status: 5 (all healthy)
SDC: 50/50/50/50/50

TRS-13
SDC: 50
AR: 6

CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
Image
[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points
• Integrated IRMSS: 20,000 credits to recharge (R:UE, p.263)
Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: sidearm, magazine, E-clip, grenade, canteen, food ration pack, minor items or individual tools.

• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low Lethality)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low Lethality)
• Attachment: Flash Pack
• Attachment: Flash Pack
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack

Shock Gloves:
• Range: Melee
• Damage: None. This gloves discharge an energy charge that short circuits the nervous system. Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry and dodge for 2d4 melee rounds.
A successful saving throw means the person has successfully fought off the effect and is unimpaired. Roll to save against each strike. Saving throw versus toxins.
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only, five shots total per melee
• Payload: 10/10 shots per charge (no clip)[/size]
User avatar
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:28 am

Re: OMEGAS: Down In It

Postby Brute » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:15 am

Location: Inside Ironvein's lair
Conditions: Monstrous Form; APS of Limb: Crystal; Invincible Armor [Natural AR 18, 350 SDC, regen 2d6 SDC per melee, all energy attacks, magic or mundane inflict half damage. The armor offers complete environmental protection from heat, cold, disease, pollution, toxic gases, fumes, etc. and, provides the wearer with an independent oxygen supply.]

Perception: 51% 1d100 = 95 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 4
1d100 = 43

As Wi-Fi and Moya set out to trace the commands for the elevator room, Brute watches Rook search for metal. "When we get back to base, you need to requisition some belt pouches full of steel ball-bearings. And a bandolier of throwing knives. You'll never be out of metal again."

As he waits for Rook and Moya to sleuth out the elevator controls, his antennae continue to scan the environment.

Track by scent 48% 1d100 = 42 (SUCCESS)
Identify common odors 98% 1d100 = 91 (SUCCESS)
Identify uncommon odors 58% 1d100 = 39 (SUCCESS)
Motion detector, 30’ radius range
Identify temperature (within 2 degrees) 98% 1d100 = 16 (SUCCESS)
Identify wind direction and speed 88% 1d100 = 74 (SUCCESS)

Soon enough, his patience is rewarded.

Wi-Fi wrote:"Brute, Wi-Fi here, I found our objective. Looks pretty straight forward. before I hit this do we have our newest 'recruits' in place?"


Brute looks around the room. "Places, everyone. Showtime." Keying on his communicator, he replies. "We're in place. Do your thing and get back here."
Brute

Normal Form
AR: 0
HP: 45/45
SDC: 186/186

Monstrous Form
AR: 13
HP: 40/40
SDC: 846/846

Motion detector, 20’ radius range
Predator’s hearing (+2 Initiative, 8X Normal)

Omega Suit
A.R.: 17
SDC: 100/250
Features:
1) Hyper-mimetic alloy fibers change size and molecular composition to fit wearer regardless of APS powers, shape or size changes.
2) Built-in short range encrypted radio transceiver (Omega freq only).
3) Built-in RFID transponder for C.S.P.D. verifies wearer is a Centurion to all C.S.P.D. and their precise GPS location within 20'

Draupnir
    Mind Block Auto-Defense
    +2 vs. magic; +2 vs. Horror Factor
User avatar
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:48 am
Location: Starkville, MS

Re: OMEGAS: Down In It

Postby Wi-Fi » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:41 am

(Rolls carried over)

"Okay, Moya Its time. Remember we have 2 minutes to get back to the other end." she reminded her politely, "Should be enough time." Wi-Fi then keys awaits Moya's cue to type in the passcode. this should be easy but the mutant still had concerns. Once they were activated she was headed to the room to regroup. Hopefully, the Force field omegas were undamaged. It meant no ambush. If there was one it would be an interesting fight.

Once back with the group:
"We're here. Whats our Status?" she asks the assembled Omegas.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
Bonuses in green apply only when force aura is active.
PPE: 15
ISP: 128/140
HP: 30 (34 with aura)
SDC: 47 (260)
Aura: 0/260 (Aura also gives superhuman strength)
Swarm status: 5 (all healthy)
SDC: 50/50/50/50/50

TRS-13
SDC: 50
AR: 6

CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
Image
[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points
• Integrated IRMSS: 20,000 credits to recharge (R:UE, p.263)
Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: sidearm, magazine, E-clip, grenade, canteen, food ration pack, minor items or individual tools.

• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low Lethality)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low Lethality)
• Attachment: Flash Pack
• Attachment: Flash Pack
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack

Shock Gloves:
• Range: Melee
• Damage: None. This gloves discharge an energy charge that short circuits the nervous system. Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry and dodge for 2d4 melee rounds.
A successful saving throw means the person has successfully fought off the effect and is unimpaired. Roll to save against each strike. Saving throw versus toxins.
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only, five shots total per melee
• Payload: 10/10 shots per charge (no clip)[/size]
User avatar
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:28 am

Re: OMEGAS: Down In It

Postby Spiderweb » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:28 am

Perception: 1d100 = 65 of 30%
Initiative: 1d20 = 20
JIC: 1d20 = 14
JIC%: 1d100 = 16

Barney is thinking about the others getting back in time and it occurs to him, Darn, I should have gone along and strung webbing. I could have grabbed both of them and retracted the webbing in seconds. I will have to mention it to Wi-fi later.

Assuming the others make it back in time, he will grasp his spear and say, "Ready."
User avatar
Spiderweb
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:26 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: OMEGAS: Down In It

Postby Sentinel » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:51 am

Sentinel
Location: Entering building with Brute.
Perception: 1d100 = 87 /61% (another +15% for arcane)
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 19/ D100 JiC: / 1d100 = 4

Skills:
Detect Ambush 98%/ 1d100 = 85 Sentinel watches and waits for the arrival of a response force.

Yellow Dragon
OOC Comments
Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin,English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu
P.P.E.: 236/236 | H.P.: N/A | M.D.C.: 495/495 AR: 16
Spell reference at this Link

Conditions: Immune to Magic, Illusions, Possession, Poison, Drugs, Gases, and Disease. Does not tire. Half damage from Cold. Radiates no heat and is invisible to infrared and heat sensors. Immune to pressure; solid stone. Regenerates 2d6 MDC/Melee
Awe and/or Horror Factor 14: Enemies must roll a 15 or higher on a twenty sided die to avoid being momentarily awestruck. A failed roll means the individual loses initiative, one of his melee attacks. In this case, roll each melee round in which the character with the divine aura is attacked or speaks.

Spells:
Butcher Bill:

May notice a divine radiance coming from Sentinel and his voice a bit more compelling to the ears.


Sentinel stands at the front door, waiting. The act of searching this place feels mundane and as such beneath one such as he. The last warehouse he searched resulted in the bad guys coming to them on a helicopter through no effort of their own. Perhaps if we wait, so too will the adversaries present themselves. Sentinel thinks as he ponders his next move on reforming the city.

How long has this city been under siege from the crime? What would it take to stop it? What would it take to get the citizens to take up action to fix their own? In my ancient China Honor was a motive for many to turn in their neighbor that harbored illegal actions. he thinks deeply distracted by his own thoughts as the Omega’s still shuffle about the building.

"Where are you two going Ms. Wi-fi?" Sentinel asks as she and Rook hastily shuffle back to the kitchen with a sense of purpose. "I'll follow you." he reflexively states falling in behind the pair not waiting for an answer on where they were going. As Sentinel departs his previous position an ectype can be seen appearing to hold his place at the front door watching for reinforcements.
Yellow Dragon Ledger
OOC Comments
Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin,English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu
P.P.E.: 236/236| H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 495/495 AR: 16 Save vs. Awe/Horror:14 (16) for words spoken and each attack against Sentinel
Spell reference at this Link
Ectype 1
Ectype P.P.E.: 236/236 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 495/495 Equipment: Mobile Compact Computer/ HUD interface, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 2
Ectype P.P.E.: 236/236 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 495/495 Equipment: Robot Repair Kit with sophisticated tools, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 3
Ectype P.P.E.: 236/236 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 495/495 Weapon: 40mm MM-1 Multiple Grenade Launcher Equipment: Neckband Radio/ID transponders

ImageImage
User avatar
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:05 pm

Re: OMEGAS: Down In It

Postby Wi-Fi » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:33 pm

"Where are you two going Ms. Wi-fi?" Sentinel asks as she and Rook hastily shuffle back to the kitchen with a sense of purpose. "I'll follow you."


"Company is aways Welcome. We are setting up to breach. I figure there is an ambush. I figure our new friend, Rampart is setting forcefield decoys to draw fire. Then we will breach. If you can help out with that spell you used on Brute and I for the others as well. Pretty sure they would appreciate it. she says with a nod.

"Moya and I have the fun job of triggering the elevator." she shrugs, "Its the important jobs like this that count. Teamwork makes the Dreamwork.." The mutant was happy to see him back.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
Bonuses in green apply only when force aura is active.
PPE: 15
ISP: 128/140
HP: 30 (34 with aura)
SDC: 47 (260)
Aura: 0/260 (Aura also gives superhuman strength)
Swarm status: 5 (all healthy)
SDC: 50/50/50/50/50

TRS-13
SDC: 50
AR: 6

CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
Image
[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points
• Integrated IRMSS: 20,000 credits to recharge (R:UE, p.263)
Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: sidearm, magazine, E-clip, grenade, canteen, food ration pack, minor items or individual tools.

• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low Lethality)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low Lethality)
• Attachment: Flash Pack
• Attachment: Flash Pack
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack

Shock Gloves:
• Range: Melee
• Damage: None. This gloves discharge an energy charge that short circuits the nervous system. Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry and dodge for 2d4 melee rounds.
A successful saving throw means the person has successfully fought off the effect and is unimpaired. Roll to save against each strike. Saving throw versus toxins.
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only, five shots total per melee
• Payload: 10/10 shots per charge (no clip)[/size]
User avatar
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:28 am

Re: OMEGAS: Down In It

Postby Tom Cassidy » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:50 am

Perception: 1d100 = 91/58%
JIC: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 58

Conditions:
- 2,840/3,300 Force Field/Construct SDC at the end of this post
- Flight Disc: 178.25 minutes (713 melees) duration remaining
- Energy Shield: 58.25 minutes (233 melees) duration remaining
- Energy Fist: 58.25 minutes (233 melees) duration remaining
- Hold Breath: 33 minutes (132 melees) duration remaining

Brute wrote:"Did you say 'MercTown?' I have a friend from there. Then. Whatever. More than a friend, really... we fought through Asgard and Hell together. Sir Ronith Turand - I don't guess you've heard of him?"


Rampart raises an eyebrow as Brute starts to comment. Yeah, right--wait, WHAT????? He turns to Brute, his jaw almost comically hanging down. “Hold up -- did I hear that right???” He holds his hand up about 5-6 inches above his head. “Sir Ronith Turand? As in yay-tall, supermodel-skinny, pointy-eared, silver-haired, sword-swinging, I’m-better-than-you-but-you-just-don’t-know-it-yet Sir Ronith Turand? You have GOT be kidding me!” For a long moment, Rampart can’t do anything other than laugh and shake his head. I can’t believe it. I just can’t believe it. No freaking way! Well yeah, I mean, it’s *possible.* If it happened to me it could happen to others too. But the odds? They’d have to be so out there they’d make winning the lottery sound like a sure thing by comparison. But here we are, two random Earthlings with the most random mutual friend in all the cosmos. Guess I was more right then I knew with my ‘small multiverse after all’ comment.

Once he’s able to get himself back under control, however, he clears his throat and nods. “Yeah, I’ve heard of him. Ran with his merc group for a while. Looks like our downtime de-briefing conversation just got a LOT longer, boss. We better have a full case of beer in the fridge back at HQ.”

Brute wrote:"Hopefully, though, I have less to fear from that now I've got Odin's Ring. Or a copy of it, at any rate. Odin's got the original."


Rampart snorts. “Well, that explains that. I bet ol’ Lancelot was like a kid in a candy store if y’all were legit in Asgard -- you and he are the only two Norse worshippers I’ve ever met.”

As Wi-Fi clarifies the activation sequence, however, he facepalms. “D’OH! Can’t believe I didn’t catch that. Guess I was so focused on the idea that the vending machines were hiding a door I didn’t think that maybe they were part of it some other way. That odd cord makes much more sense now.” He shrugs. “Guess that’s why I’m a cop and not an electrician.”

Brute wrote:Brute looks around the room. "Places, everyone. Showtime." Keying on his communicator, he replies. "We're in place. Do your thing and get back here."


Rampart quickly arranges the energy mannequins in a ‘bowling pin’ layout. He looks at the others and shrugs. “Well, seems appropriate I guess.” He slides a bit back and enlarges his flight disc a bit. “I can carry just under half a ton grand total, myself included. Jump on and we’ll follow it down.”

He’ll carry as many as he can down after the elevator, trying to keep a few feet above the platform itself if he can.

Alternatively, if the decision is made for the group to ride the elevator he’ll instead arrange the mannequins to provide the most available cover for any particular firing arcs he can identify.

Guessing at good places to put mannequins to block enemy fire
Surveillance Systems -- 1d100 = 41/85%
Crime Scene Investigation -- 1d100 = 63/90%
Streetwise -- 1d100 = 43/49%

NOTE: No, these are probably not the best skills to use here... but they're the closest he's got. Dammit Jim I'm a cop, not a sniper.


Regardless of where the group actually descends, just before they go down he looks at Brute. “During testing back at the hospital we found out I can hold my breath for half an hour. Let’s see if I can do that in the field -- ‘cause, y’know, gas attacks and stuff. Forgive me if I’m not chatty for the next little bit.” He takes a huge breath and holds it, giving Brute and the others a thumbs-up.
User avatar
Tom Cassidy
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:24 pm
Location: Heroes Unlimited: Century Station

Re: OMEGAS: Down In It

Postby Rook » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:53 am

Location: Inside Ironvein's lair; kitchen-lift-area
Conditions: Possibly hovering

PErception: 27% = 1d100 = 81
JIC D20: 1d20 = 1
JIC D100: 1d100 = 77

Rook flashes a grin to Brute at the suggestion. "Good idea, I don't know why I didn't think of that before." the blonde replies before giving a little shrug. "Though, probably because its not really my usual mindset. Hero'ing and weapon'ing and all. Hopefully in time that will change." she adds, tone apologetic.

Grabbing several forks, Rook tucks them into a pocket or pouch or somewhere convenient, then draws out one of the larger knifes -preferably one with some sort of hand-guard. A tilt of her head as she considers her new weapons. "Wasn't there some old, classic comedy movie about a hero that used table forks as weapons? Sorta vaguely remember." she muses before moving into the designated position.

If there is space, she'll unfurl her wings and shift into a hovering stance rather than just standing. Otherwise, Rook will take up just a basic defensive position, knife in hand.
User avatar
Rook
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:54 pm

Re: OMEGAS: Down In It

Postby Moya » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:30 am

Perception : 1d100 = 58 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 15
JIC: 1d100 = 16

Wi-Fi wrote:"I'll need you to activate a specific circuit. The one that deactivates the electro-magnets holding the lift up. I can telepathically show you if you need me too. Once we trigger we have two minutes to get back to the lift. Moya, you ready? we do this on Brutes call. Much as I trust not trapping the device. I can remotely activate the keys.."

Wi-Fi wrote:"Okay, Moya Its time. Remember we have 2 minutes to get back to the other end." she reminded her politely, "Should be enough time."


Moya accompanies Wi-Fi as they both search for some type of control systems. Her quiet nature makes it perfect for anyone to think in peace. Once they end back at the roo. With the vending machines, Moya shakes her head in disappointment.

I was already here and I was thinking that "that plug" was off for a reason. Guess I was right, just couldn't figure out why. Now I know. Should have went with my gut.

"Nah, I shouldn't need you to show me. I believe I can feel it out and just back track the flow to bypass any jumpers."

Moya stands ready to deactivate the magnetic locks. Waiting for Brute's signal over the radio. She shifts her weight between either leg. Her anticipation can be clearly seen during their wait. Moya's eyes grow big as the screech of the radio fills her ears. Once they are ready, Moya activates the circuits to allow Wi-Fi access to disengage the lock to elevator and then hurries back to regroup with the rest of the Omegas.

"2 minutes?! Unless they are more than 10 miles away, I would say that 2 minutes is plenty of time to get back. You lead I'll be right behind you."

Moya gives Wi-Fi a smile before she follows her back to the room where the elevator is located. She gives the group a thumbs up as she enters the room.

Rampart wrote:“During testing back at the hospital we found out I can hold my breath for half an hour. Let’s see if I can do that in the field -- ‘cause, y’know, gas attacks and stuff. Forgive me if I’m not chatty for the next little bit.”


Moya chuckles and speaks with a snarky tone in her voice.

"Ha! I got you beat. I don't need to breathe at all, so I can hold my breath indefinitely."
HP: 156/156
SDC: 274/274
ISP: 47/51

Consistent Conditions: Mind Block Auto-Defense

Moya Thunderbird
User avatar
Moya
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:30 pm

Re: OMEGAS: Down In It

Postby Brute » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:08 am

(Rolls carried over)

After he gives the signal, Brute waits for the tell-tale hum of electricity to indicate the elevator is now active, and for Wi-Fi and Moya to return. He smiles. I do get to the strangest places:. Blasted hellscape to fight a spider queen... the Labyrinth's subterranean levels... warehouses... street fights... and now this... strange office. With a secret break-room elevator. Wi-Fi's right.

After mentioning Ronith, he is shocked by Rampart's reaction.

Rampart wrote:“Hold up -- did I hear that right??? Sir Ronith Turand? As in yay-tall, supermodel-skinny, pointy-eared, silver-haired, sword-swinging, I’m-better-than-you-but-you-just-don’t-know-it-yet Sir Ronith Turand? You have GOT be kidding me! ...Yeah, I’ve heard of him. Ran with his merc group for a while. Looks like our downtime de-briefing conversation just got a LOT longer, boss. We better have a full case of beer in the fridge back at HQ.”


"Would that be the Knights of the Granite Hall or ... no..." He nods. "Merc Group. Heroes for Hire. You know, I made Ronith and our other friends Honorary Omegas - and gave 'em each a communicator in case we ever see 'em again." He smiles. "Yeah - I wrote a whole debrief that I shared with Balisong and the Powers that Be, but I'd be glad to share it with you... over a beer or three. I assume it's heavily classified, but you seem already in the know, so I guess it's fine to share. Sentinel was with us, you know. And another couple Omegas... who... didn't return. Presence and... another guy. Bennet? BRENNET. Saw 'em briefly on the spaceship... and I worry they didn't get off it before it exploded."

Rampart wrote:“Well, that explains that. I bet ol’ Lancelot was like a kid in a candy store if y’all were legit in Asgard -- you and he are the only two Norse worshippers I’ve ever met.”


Brute nods, thinking about his missing teammates. Just two... We've lost so many... But - with all the time-space fiddlyness that Loki pulled, it's possible they're not dead. Maybe hope isn't such a bad thing.

"Uhh... yeah. I never worshipped any god or gods before I met some in person. I guess I sort of needed... proof. But, I met them, and I know they... care. They pulled us from all over the time-space continuum to fight a vast threat they couldn't face without instigating full-scale pan-dimensional cross-time war. So... Well, I'm not a preacher. We can talk about the gods some other time. Or not at all."

As they talk, Brute's antennae "read the room" to let him know if he senses the electricity to the room-a-vator come back on.

Identify uncommon odors 58% 1d100 = 15 (ozone - as from electricity - SUCCESS)
Motion detector, 30’ radius range
Hearing (8XNormal - to hear the subaudible hum of electronics working)

If or When he senses the elevator is on, he radios the group. "That's it, good work. Double-time it back here."
Brute

Normal Form
AR: 0
HP: 45/45
SDC: 186/186

Monstrous Form
AR: 13
HP: 40/40
SDC: 846/846

Motion detector, 20’ radius range
Predator’s hearing (+2 Initiative, 8X Normal)

Omega Suit
A.R.: 17
SDC: 100/250
Features:
1) Hyper-mimetic alloy fibers change size and molecular composition to fit wearer regardless of APS powers, shape or size changes.
2) Built-in short range encrypted radio transceiver (Omega freq only).
3) Built-in RFID transponder for C.S.P.D. verifies wearer is a Centurion to all C.S.P.D. and their precise GPS location within 20'

Draupnir
    Mind Block Auto-Defense
    +2 vs. magic; +2 vs. Horror Factor
User avatar
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:48 am
Location: Starkville, MS

Re: OMEGAS: Down In It

Postby Blackhaunt » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:21 pm

WAINGROH
Date: Monday, March 23rd, 2043
Weather: Outside: Sunny, warm, bright (55 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 11:35-11:40 am

Sentinel, Wi-Fi and Moya all gather in the room with the vending machines. Moya reaches into the electrical system and finds that the only way to turn on the elevator is to restore power to the entire building. The shutoff that she enacted earlier was so widesweeping and she can't sense a specific electrical current that would control just the elevator while keeping the rest of the building shut down. Making sure the plugs for the vending machine are back in, she does her thing. Once she restores power to the building, she can feel the surge of electricity as it flows back into the devices on this floor of the building.

Wi-Fi presses F and then 4. Then the trio returns to the elevator room.

Rampart keeps his human shaped constructs on one side of the room to allow them to head down the elevator first. Brute senses that the elevator is on. Well, really he senses the coffee pot heating up after having been shut down previously.

When one of the Omegas moves the coffee pot from the heater, a small section of the floor begins to slowly descend. Everyone's guesswork paid off and they have officially accessed an elevator. It's a basic lift with no siding, just hydraulic lifts underneath.

Sending the energy mannequins down first, the Omegas wait for some sort of loud evidence of a fight but they are met only with the sounds of the elevator smoothly reaching the bottom floor.

Once the Omegas notice that nothing is coming for them immediately, they have the option of either hopping down or returning the elevator and riding it down. It fits 6 regular sized people just fine but including the massive Brute, it's a snug ride. (Up to you, just describe getting down in your next post. Not holding us up for that.)

Open link in new tab for mood music.

Downstairs, it is dark save one flickering florescent bulb. You're in a rather long brick hallway that leads to nowhere. To your left, there are two sets of doors. One north, one south. They are industrial sliding doors that look fairly new, though nothing else in the hall does. You can hear some machinery in the background.

DOOR
door.jpg
door.jpg (29.08 KiB) Viewed 356 times

MAP
Down In It Hallway.png


What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 757
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:39 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: CENTURY STATION

Re: OMEGAS: Down In It

Postby Spiderweb » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:33 am

Perception: 1d100 = 40 of 30%
Initiative: 1d20 = 20
JIC: 1d20 = 8
JIC%: 1d100 = 28

Barney tosses a web line at the roof and prepares to lower himself down, he sees no reason wait for the elevator to come back up. He pauses though, and then says, "I can lower down anyone who needs it."

Barney notes, As long as I am holding Ananzi's Fang, I am easily strong enough to lift any of them.

Once everyone who wants the help has been lowered to the next floor, he lowers himself on the line as well.

Climb Rope: 1d100 = 43 of 98%
User avatar
Spiderweb
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:26 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: OMEGAS: Down In It

Postby Wi-Fi » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:12 am

Perception: 1d100 = 20/
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 71

"I say we keep this basic but safe. once we get to the bottom tactical formation. So far the decoys have not been shot at..It should be safe enough. The building does have power and that means doors and cameras are on. Once down there we should de-power the place or I can try to override the system. Brute, your call." she adds. as she looks over the edge up tho the ceiling to see if the spiders could climb before stepping on the force-field of Ramparts Should he make one. Otherwise goes with Webs. If she has to carry her spiderbots it would be easy enough to.

"Those who can climb or fly be ready for action. Unless, anyone else if you have any ideas we should be moving. Now is the time and be be quick about it. Villainy waits for no one." she spoke then sang to herself quietly.

Being XO was a task that required assisting lead. Brute was great in a fight but tended to punch through problems more often than not. He was more tactical lately though. A few loses and near fatal charges does that. As much as she would like to say it was her, but he was just a smart.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
Bonuses in green apply only when force aura is active.
PPE: 15
ISP: 128/140
HP: 30 (34 with aura)
SDC: 47 (260)
Aura: 0/260 (Aura also gives superhuman strength)
Swarm status: 5 (all healthy)
SDC: 50/50/50/50/50

TRS-13
SDC: 50
AR: 6

CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
Image
[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points
• Integrated IRMSS: 20,000 credits to recharge (R:UE, p.263)
Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: sidearm, magazine, E-clip, grenade, canteen, food ration pack, minor items or individual tools.

• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low Lethality)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low Lethality)
• Attachment: Flash Pack
• Attachment: Flash Pack
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack

Shock Gloves:
• Range: Melee
• Damage: None. This gloves discharge an energy charge that short circuits the nervous system. Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry and dodge for 2d4 melee rounds.
A successful saving throw means the person has successfully fought off the effect and is unimpaired. Roll to save against each strike. Saving throw versus toxins.
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only, five shots total per melee
• Payload: 10/10 shots per charge (no clip)[/size]
User avatar
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:28 am

Re: OMEGAS: Down In It

Postby Brute » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:25 am

Location: Inside Ironvein's lair
Conditions: Monstrous Form; APS of Limb: Crystal; Invincible Armor [Natural AR 18, 350 SDC, regen 2d6 SDC per melee, all energy attacks, magic or mundane inflict half damage. The armor offers complete environmental protection from heat, cold, disease, pollution, toxic gases, fumes, etc. and, provides the wearer with an independent oxygen supply.]


Perception: 51% 1d100 = 19 (SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20 = 8
1d100 = 28

Brute rides down the elevator, ready for a fight at the bottom. Perhaps the decoys didn't fool anyone - got to be prepared anyway.

Wi-Fi wrote:"I say we keep this basic but safe. once we get to the bottom tactical formation. So far the decoys have not been shot at..It should be safe enough. The building does have power and that means doors and cameras are on. Once down there we should de-power the place or I can try to override the system. Brute, your call."


Brute smiles and winks. "You're the boss." He gestures to the Omegas to proceed quietly, takes point with Moya as discussed previously, and stalks his way to the intersection with the two doors.

Prowl 92% 1d100 = 82 (SUCCESS)

He examines each door with his heightened senses - sensing and smelling the air from each door, and using his predator's hearing to get a sense of what lays beyond.

Track by scent 48% 1d100 = 78 (FAIL)
Identify common odors 98% 1d100 = 21 (SUCCESS)
Identify uncommon odors 58% 1d100 = 36 (uncommon machine odors as well as other telltale smells - SUCCESS)
Motion detector, 30’ radius range
Identify temperature (within 2 degrees) 98% 1d100 = 21 (SUCCESS)
Identify wind direction and speed 88% 1d100 = 49 (SUCCESS)

Predator's hearing (12X normal)

Intelligence 54% 1d100 = 19 (to try to determine by sound and smell - if applicable - what kind of machinery he is hearing - SUCCESS)
Criminal Science 57% 1d100 = 6 (what kinds of machinery Ironvein typically employs - SUCCESS)
Streetwise 64% 1d100 = 38 (Ironvein's rep/M.O. for defending his turf - SUCCESS)
Brute

Normal Form
AR: 0
HP: 45/45
SDC: 186/186

Monstrous Form
AR: 13
HP: 40/40
SDC: 846/846

Motion detector, 20’ radius range
Predator’s hearing (+2 Initiative, 8X Normal)

Omega Suit
A.R.: 17
SDC: 100/250
Features:
1) Hyper-mimetic alloy fibers change size and molecular composition to fit wearer regardless of APS powers, shape or size changes.
2) Built-in short range encrypted radio transceiver (Omega freq only).
3) Built-in RFID transponder for C.S.P.D. verifies wearer is a Centurion to all C.S.P.D. and their precise GPS location within 20'

Draupnir
    Mind Block Auto-Defense
    +2 vs. magic; +2 vs. Horror Factor
User avatar
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:48 am
Location: Starkville, MS

Re: OMEGAS: Down In It

Postby Spiderweb » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:04 pm

(Rolls Held Over)
Barney thinks, I can see the invisible and see in the dark, neither one particularly useful here. I can break open nearly any door using his spear as a pry bar and his spider-like strength...barring bank vault doors and the like. If they need my abilities, they know what they are.

He will keep his eyes open...and says, "If someone can find the cameras and figure out where they are monitored, it might help us find the command center of this place."
User avatar
Spiderweb
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:26 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: OMEGAS: Down In It

Postby Rook » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:58 pm

Location: In the elevator in Ironvein's lair
Condition: Hovering if there is room for it, otherwise nothing specific

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 9
JIC D20: 1d20 = 3
JIC D100: 1d100 = 51

Rook feels a little nervous, though not quite as much as earlier during the fire-fight on the street; at least there aren't civilians around now. Drawing in a deep breath, the young mother carefully fingers the metal knife in her hand, glancing to the others in turn then moving to her own assigned spot and taking up a bit of a defensive stance. As they reach the bottom and the doors open, Rook frowns slightly. "And this is why I would like some sort of night-vision goggles." she murmurs half to herself. Unable to see through the darkness, the winged heroine holds back ever so slightly, looking to Brute and Wi-Fi for further instructions.

(OOC: As noted under Condition, if there is room for her wings Rook will hover rather than just stand, as she is aware that it improves her combat abilities and maneuverability)
User avatar
Rook
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:54 pm

Re: OMEGAS: Down In It

Postby Blackhaunt » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:00 pm

WAINGROH
Date: Monday, March 23rd, 2043
Weather:
  • Outside: Sunny, warm, bright (55 degrees Fahrenheit)
  • Inside: Muggy, heavy air, dark (45 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 11:40-11:42 am

Open link in new tab for mood music.

In the hallway, the flickering light and faint sound of machinery paint an ominous picture of what awaits on the other side of the doors.

Spiderweb suggests following the cameras, once found, to the command center.

Rook finds that there is not enough room for her to hover, due to her wingspan. The hall is long and tall but not wide. As the light bulb overhead flickers, she gets glimpses of the brick-lined hall. Nothing special about it.

Brute checks the two doors separately with his super senses. He detects the same noises coming from behind both. Some high pitched sounds, some gears. Definitely “science sounds”. Laboratory equipment possibly? This seems to fit Ironvein's M.O. as he typically employs some sort of science aspect to his crimes despite his massive size. Brute can't think of any sort of stories regarding Ironvein and self defense. Mostly because no one has dared to invade his space to the public knowledge. He can faintly pick up the sound of someone speaking... mumbling? He can smell the scent of ionization in the air as well as whiffs of sulphur. And then with his superhearing, he hears the sound of a scream and gargling combined. The kind of sound someone would make if they were drowning but you could somehow hear underwater.

What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 757
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:39 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: CENTURY STATION

Re: OMEGAS: Down In It

Postby Brute » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:36 am

Location: Inside Ironvein's lair
Conditions: Monstrous Form; APS of Limb: Crystal; Invincible Armor [Natural AR 18, 350 SDC, regen 2d6 SDC per melee, all energy attacks, magic or mundane inflict half damage. The armor offers complete environmental protection from heat, cold, disease, pollution, toxic gases, fumes, etc. and, provides the wearer with an independent oxygen supply.]

Perception: 51% 1d100 = 67 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 9
1d100 = 20

Brute tries to listen and analyze the sounds from the spaces behind the doors. It seems like a lab... but some of the smells seem off. Sulphur? That could be one of their fire-guys... or...

Lore: Magic 35% 1d100 = 55 (do these sounds and smells add up to sorcery? - FAIL)
Recognize Enchantment 20% 1d100 = 29 (FAIL)

Track by scent 48% 1d100 = 69 (FAIL)
Identify common odors 98% 1d100 = 59 (SUCCESS)
Identify uncommon odors 58% 1d100 = 8 (SUCCESS)
Motion detector, 30’ radius range
Identify temperature (within 2 degrees) 98% 1d100 = 1 (CRIT SUCCESS)
Identify wind direction and speed 88% 1d100 = 69 (SUCCESS)

His analysis comes to a halt when he hears the scream.

"Go time."

Brute slides open the metal door and steps inside, ready for a brawl. He steps in and looks around, identifying his targets: anyone he recognizes as being in the Order or the Young Elite, prioritizing attacks on Vulcan or Uber if they're present. He'll target Vulcan first, above all others, if he's present, due to how dangerous he is. Uber comes a close second. He then runs into the room and proceeds to wallop the bad guys at the highest speed he can muster in these close confines. In an unusual display of anger, Brute does not issue an order to surrender.

if he sees a victim, he shouts: "Webs! Rook! Get that person to safety!"

Initiative: 1d20+8 = 15

APM: 8

Action 1: Take a moment to identify my targets. Priority order: Vulcan #1, Uber #2, Ironvein #3, anyone else/all others #4.

If Vulcan is there, or Ironvein or Uber
Actions 2-3: Power Punch with crystalline fist 1d20+5 = 25 (Nat. 20!); Damage 2d6+45 = 47 + 3d6*10 = 130 = 177 X 2 (Crit) = 354 + Knockout

If anyone else is the highest-priority target present
Action 2: Bludgeon with crystalline fist 1d20+5 = 18 ; Damage 2d6+45 = 47 + 2d4*10 = 70 = 117
Action 3: Bludgeon with crystalline fist 1d20+5 = 15; Damage 2d6+45 = 53 + 2d4*10 = 50 = 103

Action then continues as follows, regardless of target
Action 4: Slash with Serious 1d20+5 = 23 (Crit!); Damage 2d6+45 = 53 + 2d4*10 = 50 = 103 X2 = 206
Action 5: Slash with Results 1d20+5 = 21; Damage 2d6+45 = 52 + 2d4*10 = 50 = 102
Action 6: Bludgeon with crystalline fist 1d20+5 = 7; Damage 2d6+45 = 55 + 2d4*10 = 70 = 125
Action 7: Reserved for Dodge (if autododge fails) 1d20+16 = 20
Action 8: Reserved for Dodge (if autododge fails) 1d20+16 = 33

Parries (if needed): 1) 1d20+14 = 17; 2) 1d20+14 = 19; 3) 1d20+14 = 26; 4) 1d20+14 = 19; 5) 1d20+14 = 24; 6) 1d20+14 = 25; 7) 1d20+14 = 34 (Nat. 20!); 8 ) 1d20+14 = 22

Autododge (if needed): 1) 1d20+2 = 12; 2) 1d20+2 = 22 (Nat. 20!); 3) 1d20+2 = 4; 4) 1d20+2 = 16; 5) 1d20+2 = 22 (Nat. 20!); 6) 1d20+2 = 8; 7) 1d20+2 = 14; 8 ) 1d20+2 = 16
Brute

Normal Form
AR: 0
HP: 45/45
SDC: 186/186

Monstrous Form
AR: 13
HP: 40/40
SDC: 846/846

Motion detector, 20’ radius range
Predator’s hearing (+2 Initiative, 8X Normal)

Omega Suit
A.R.: 17
SDC: 100/250
Features:
1) Hyper-mimetic alloy fibers change size and molecular composition to fit wearer regardless of APS powers, shape or size changes.
2) Built-in short range encrypted radio transceiver (Omega freq only).
3) Built-in RFID transponder for C.S.P.D. verifies wearer is a Centurion to all C.S.P.D. and their precise GPS location within 20'

Draupnir
    Mind Block Auto-Defense
    +2 vs. magic; +2 vs. Horror Factor
User avatar
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:48 am
Location: Starkville, MS

Re: OMEGAS: Down In It

Postby Spiderweb » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:40 am

Perception: 1d100 = 92 of 30%
Initiative: 1d20 = 2
JIC: 1d20 = 8
JIC%: 1d100 = 55

Barney morphs into his armored form, preparing for battle, and looks around. He sees nothing at first, but Brute indicates a door and tells them it is time to go there. He adds some bone spurs that he can use for melee or blocking attacks.

He thinks, That is the advantage of a team, each member has something to contribute.

Our basic battle plan has one of the new people going in first, so he takes a place further back and prepares for ranged action. He can throw his spear, or bone shards, or webbing, or even put up a force field around someone, plenty of ranged options.

When the door opens, he will evaluate the situation.

1) Assuming that Brute orders him to get a victim out:
a) check the person to see if they can be safely moved: First Aid 1d100 = 7 of 75% (for a diagnosis)
b) if they are an aquatic person in a tank (which sounds possible) removing them from the tank may be difficult, so try to figure out if the whole tank can be moved: Intelligence 1d100 = 64 of 52% (most applicable skill)
c) If the person is badly injured, such as a punctured lung (which might also produce an effect similar to what Brute heard), use ectoplasmic webbing to patch and support: First Aid 1d100 = 38 of 75% (emergency treatment)
d) if the person can not be moved safely or treated with his skills, put a force field up to protect them, then check to see where he can be of most use in combat

2) Assuming he sees an enemy before being ordered to get a victim out, or no such order is given, his first attack will be to throw his spear at what looks to be the toughest target (someone who is armored or visibly made of abnormal materials or is otherwise physically imposing).

(Action 1-2 or 3)
1) Attack (Throw Spear) 1d20+7 = 18, Damage (Thrown Spear) 6d6+10 = 32, Parry (with bone weapons) 1d20+6 = 22
2) If attack hit catch spear on return and use it to parry any attacks (Parry with spear) 1d20+5 = 11, If attack misses hit on return strike Attack (Throw Spear) 1d20+7 = 24, Damage (Thrown Spear) 6d6+10 = 24, Parry (with bone weapons) 1d20+6 = 17
3) (only if first attack missed) catch spear on return and use it to parry any attacks (Parry with spear) 1d20+5 = 9

If entering the fray late, or not ordered to save a victim, he will attempt to use webbing to impede an enemy.
Web to catch or hold= 2 actions Strike 1d20+3 = 11, Parry (spear) 1d20+5 = 17

If any actions remain: Dodge 1d20+4 = 8
User avatar
Spiderweb
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:26 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: OMEGAS: Down In It

Postby Wi-Fi » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:28 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 52/
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 63
Rook:
"And this is why I would like some sort of night-vision goggles." she murmurs half to herself.

Spiderweb:
"If someone can find the cameras and figure out where they are monitored, it might help us find the command center of this place."



Too quiet she thinks to herself observing the hall. A good place to set up defenses though. Webs does have a point. security center would be nice to find. Rook also made a good point. The flashlights could give them away.

"I'll see to it if I make back in one piece." she nods to the rookie, "We can use flares to make invisible light. A good edge when dealing with those not able to see infrared." she answers.

"Soon as we get a free moment Pretty sure Moya and I can do that." Wi-Fi replied looking, but soon as Brute spoke she grinned, "No rest for the wicked.."

Brute:

"Go time."

"Right, I'll do what I can to help." If there was a science based attack to parried or dodged she was ready though. she was not going to use guns incase of flame and explosive sensitive materials. Now was a time to try the directed force idea she had with her aura...(i.e. Directed force)

Combat: (if needed)
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 16
Actions/Intent: Support Brute by targeting his targets or those going after him or Rook/Spiderweb.
Combat
OOC Comments
1 Find cover
2 Roll to Strike: Directed Force Bolts 1d20 = 5 | Damage: 6d6 = 24
3 Roll to Strike: 1d20 = 2 | Damage: 6d6 = 21
4 Roll to Strike: 1d20 = 14 | Damage: 6d6 = 20
5 Roll to Strike: 1d20 = 18 | Damage: 6d6 = 21
6 Roll to Strike: 1d20 = 18 | Damage: 6d6 = 19
7 Return to cover

Parry: (if she can not fire on targets or if needed)
OOC Comments
11d20+5 = 24
21d20+5 = 20
31d20+5 = 23
41d20+5 = 11
51d20+5 = 23
61d20+5 = 17
71d20+5 = 18

Dodges: (if she can not fire on targets or if needed)
OOC Comments
11d20+5 = 11
21d20+5 = 17
31d20+5 = 13
41d20+5 = 14
51d20+5 = 7
61d20+5 = 16
71d20+5 = 6
Last edited by Wi-Fi on Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
Bonuses in green apply only when force aura is active.
PPE: 15
ISP: 128/140
HP: 30 (34 with aura)
SDC: 47 (260)
Aura: 0/260 (Aura also gives superhuman strength)
Swarm status: 5 (all healthy)
SDC: 50/50/50/50/50

TRS-13
SDC: 50
AR: 6

CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
Image
[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points
• Integrated IRMSS: 20,000 credits to recharge (R:UE, p.263)
Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: sidearm, magazine, E-clip, grenade, canteen, food ration pack, minor items or individual tools.

• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low Lethality)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low Lethality)
• Attachment: Flash Pack
• Attachment: Flash Pack
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack

Shock Gloves:
• Range: Melee
• Damage: None. This gloves discharge an energy charge that short circuits the nervous system. Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry and dodge for 2d4 melee rounds.
A successful saving throw means the person has successfully fought off the effect and is unimpaired. Roll to save against each strike. Saving throw versus toxins.
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only, five shots total per melee
• Payload: 10/10 shots per charge (no clip)[/size]
User avatar
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:28 am

Re: OMEGAS: Down In It

Postby Moya » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:23 am

Perception : 1d100 = 70 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 16
JIC: 1d100 = 11

Maya watches down the hallway. Her adrenaline starts to rush as Brute yells.

Brute wrote:"Go time."


Sweet. Time for some action. Hope it's not over before it even begins.

Moya draws her bow as Brute swings the door open. Expecting a firefight, she rushes in behind him. She takes a quick moment to gauge the severity of each enemy. She will attack who ever looks to be the bigger threat. Releasing the bowstring. If the targets seems to be unaffected by the arrow, she will switch to her M-161A. Of Moya need to, she will position herself in front of anyone who needs some shielding.

Initiative: 1d20+5 = 7
Actions per melee: 7

Action 1: Attack with Bow. Strike: 1d20+3 = 14 Damage: 2d6 = 8
Action 2: Attack with bow or switch to M-161A.
Action 3: Attack with Bow. Strike: 1d20+3 = 22 damage: 2d6 = 5 OR Attack with M-161A Strike: 1d20+3 = 7 damage: 4d6 = 10
Action 4: Attack with Bow. Strike: 1d20+3 = 14 damage: 2d6 = 3 OR Attack with M-161A Strike: 1d20+3 = 11 damage: 4d6 = 8
Action 5: Attack with Bow. Strike: 1d20+3 = 22 damage: 2d6 = 6 OR Attack with M-161A Strike: 1d20+3 = 10 damage: 4d6 = 10
Action 6: Reserved for Dodge if Auto dodge fails 1d20+5 = 7 OR move to act as a shield
Action 7: Reserved for Dodge if Auto dodge fails 1d20+5 = 13 OR move to act as a shield

Parry rolls: 1d20+8 = 12, 1d20+8 = 21, 1d20+8 = 16, 1d20+8 = 22, 1d20+8 = 10, 1d20+8 = 13, 1d20+8 = 12, 1d20+8 = 23

Auto-dodge rolls : 1d20+2 = 15, 1d20+2 = 9, 1d20+2 = 18, 1d20+2 = 16, 1d20+2 = 14, 1d20+2 = 5, 1d20+2 = 15, 1d20+2 = 14
HP: 156/156
SDC: 274/274
ISP: 47/51

Consistent Conditions: Mind Block Auto-Defense

Moya Thunderbird
User avatar
Moya
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:30 pm

Re: OMEGAS: Down In It

Postby Rook » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:55 am

Location: Ironvein's lair
Condition: Nothing special currently

Perception: 27% 1d100 = 92
JIC D20: 1d20 = 2
JIC D100: 1d100 = 54

Unable to hear what Brute hears, Rook stands back and on-guard as she watches their leader.. doing something. Listening? Sniffing? Antenna-ing? However, as he goes tense the blonde heroine does the same, crouching ever so slightly and focusing a bit more on the door; as Brute issues orders she nods.

Reading herself and doing her best to check the slight shaking, Rook grips her make-shift weapon tightly, and moves in after the rest of the group - immediately she starts to look about for non-enemies that might need rescuring, taking a defensive stance first to evaluate the situation..

-----

OOC Comments
Initiative 1d20+1: 1d20+1 = 18
Number of Actions: 6

Without knowing exactly what is behind the door, Rook will take a more defensive presence during the first round, focusing on observing the area and avoiding attacks. If there is room, she will go into a hover stance, especially if she can get a height advantage (10+ feet at least). If there are signs of a hostage or victim, she will make an effort to fly or run in that direction, assuming doing so isn't immediately suicidal.

Will spend all actions on active dodging and/or moving rather than attacking. All dodges are base 1d20+9
1: 1d20+9 = 24
2: 1d20+9 = 11
3: 1d20+9 = 13
4: 1d20+9 = 17
5: 1d20+9 = 26
6: 1d20+9 = 28

All dodges increase by +4 if she is able to hover
User avatar
Rook
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:54 pm

Previous

Return to Century Station: Operation Overlord Adventures

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest