OMEGAS: Down In It

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: OMEGAS: Down In It

Postby Wi-Fi » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:38 pm

Rampart glides back into the room just as Wi-Fi calls out on her radio. "Sorry, I was having a look around..." and finding two things: jack and... wait, what? "Uhm... I missed something here, didn't I? What was that about something sounding Asian? I'm a little rusty but I took some Japanese in college. What do you need translated?"

"Hmm smarter than you look." she joked, "Stubby has it recorded but I can't play it out loud through him...it..her..whatever Stubby Identifies as. I might be able to get it from Stubby and Telepathically pass it to you. Should have enough energy to that and hack. lets try.. she said.

Psionics HOOOO!
OOC Comments
Telepathy (target: Rampart)
Telemechanics to play the audio in hr head and share it with Rampart (target: stubby)

(if plan "read stubby's brain and share the audio with Rampart" does not give us anything new...continues with Telemachic Possession and Operation plan)

Tom nods. "Sounds logical. Find us a spot, hop on my disc and keep your bots close. If you do happen to trip the alarm and things go sideways, I can shield us or evac us outta here." Once they're in place, he crosses his fingers and gives her a lopsided grin. "Ready here. Break a mental leg."

"Sounds good. Provided they don't use gas we should be golden I need to be close to the computer say 4 feet or so." and steps on the forcefield.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
Bonuses in green apply only when force aura is active.
PPE: 15
ISP: 94/140
HP: 30 (34 with aura)
SDC: 47 (260)
Aura: 240/260 (Aura also gives superhuman strength)
Swarm status: 5 (all healthy)
Stubby/Rover/Sparky/Nameless #1/Nameless #2
SDC: 50/50/50/50/50
TRS-13
SDC: 50
AR: 6

CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points
• Integrated IRMSS: 20,000 credits to recharge (R:UE, p.263)
Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: sidearm, magazine, E-clip, grenade, canteen, food ration pack, minor items or individual tools.

• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low Lethality)
• Attachment: Flash Pack
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack

Shock Gloves:
• Range: Melee
• Damage: None. This gloves discharge an energy charge that short circuits the nervous system. Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry and dodge for 2d4 melee rounds.
A successful saving throw means the person has successfully fought off the effect and is unimpaired. Roll to save against each strike. Saving throw versus toxins.
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only, five shots total per melee
• Payload: 10/10 shots per charge (no clip)[/size]
Wi-Fi
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Rook » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:37 pm

Condition: wounded (-53 SDC)

Perception 27%: 1d100 = 67
JIC 1D20: 1d20 = 16
JIC 1D100:1d100 = 72

Rook hrms, then rolls her shoulders in a slight shrug. "I suppose you're right, on both cases." she replies, ruffling her wings a little wing. "I'd forgotten that there was a decked out entertainment system back home." Rook adds.

Taking a step back from the now-opened cabinet, the blonde woman kneels down and reaches out for the mace, lightly touching it. "I don't suppose you know anyone that knows how to use these?" she then inquires, looking to Brute. "I could probably do with some sort of weapon.. and those swords are far too large for me to use." As she finishes, Rook winces a little, rubbing her ribs. "Ugh.. now that the adrenaline has worn off I'm starting to feel that energy blast from earlier.."
Rook
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Brute » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:43 am

(Rolls carried over)

As Brute and Rook survey the weapons in the cabinet, he says, "If you see something you like, grab it. I'd like to take it all - and maybe we will - but for now just grab what you want."

As he looks at the weapons, he muses I'd like a weapon - maybe a big hammer like Thor's... but I'm afraid they'll crumple under my strength. Need something special...
Last edited by Brute on Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brute

Normal Form
AR: 0
HP: 45/45
SDC: 186/186

Monstrous Form
AR: 13
HP: 40/40
SDC: 846/846

Motion detector, 20’ radius range
Predator’s hearing (+2 Initiative, 8X Normal)

Omega Suit
A.R.: 17
SDC: 68/250
Features:
1) Hyper-mimetic alloy fibers change size and molecular composition to fit wearer regardless of APS powers, shape or size changes.
2) Built-in short range encrypted radio transceiver (Omega freq only).
3) Built-in RFID transponder for C.S.P.D. verifies wearer is a Centurion to all C.S.P.D. and their precise GPS location within 20'

Draupnir
    Mind Block Auto-Defense
    +2 vs. magic; +2 vs. Horror Factor
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Tom Cassidy » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:24 pm

((rolls held))

Wi-Fi wrote:"Hmm smarter than you look." she joked, "Stubby has it recorded but I can't play it out loud through him...it..her..whatever Stubby Identifies as. I might be able to get it from Stubby and Telepathically pass it to you. Should have enough energy to that and hack. lets try.. she said.

Tom gives her a grin. "Hey, believe it or not I am more than just a pretty face. Alright, let 'er rip..."

He tries his best to relax his mind and 'listen' for Wi-Fi's relay attempt. Normally don't care for strangers inside my head, but as long as she's sending and not trying to nose around in there... Oh crap, I hope she doesn't 'hear' that part.

OOC: If the relay is successful he'll give his best translation (assuming it was indeed Japanese, he should be able to understand it with his successful skill check).

Wi-Fi wrote:"Sounds good. Provided they don't use gas we should be golden I need to be close to the computer say 4 feet or so." and steps on the forcefield.

"Gotcha..." Rampart nods as he hits his comlink. "Alright, everyone still down here in the bunker -- Wi-Fi's about to do that voodoo that she do on the computer. Be ready to bug out in case she accidentally hits the self-destruct button. And have a nice day."
Tom Cassidy

Postby Sentinel » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:53 pm

Sentinel
Perception: 1d100 = 42 /61% (another +15% for arcane)
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 2/ D100 JiC: / 1d100 = 68

Skills:

Yellow Dragon
OOC Comments
Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin,English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu
P.P.E.: 116/236 | H.P.: N/A | M.D.C.: 102/495 AR: 16
Spell reference at this Link

Conditions: Immune to Magic, Illusions, Possession, Poison, Drugs, Gases, and Disease. Does not tire. Half damage from Cold. Radiates no heat and is invisible to infrared and heat sensors. Immune to pressure; solid stone. Regenerates 2d6 MDC/Melee
Awe and/or Horror Factor 14: Enemies must roll a 15 or higher on a twenty sided die to avoid being momentarily awestruck. A failed roll means the individual loses initiative, one of his melee attacks. In this case, roll each melee round in which the character with the divine aura is attacked or speaks.

Spells:
Butcher Bill: PPE -120

May notice a divine radiance coming from Sentinel and his voice a bit more compelling to the ears.

Spiderweb doesn't feel any sort of resistance from the young man formerly known as Zombar. He doesn't get a response to his bluff about reincarnation. However, when Sentinel commands him to apologize, he does so. ”I apologize, Mister Webs.” Spiderweb and Sentinel continue holding on to the young man and head to the lift.

Sentinel nods in acknowledgment to the boy’s humbled response. ”That is better Little SHǍGUĀ.” he says to the boy.

Sentinel, alongside Webs, reach the top of the lift to take the boy outside to the CSPD. Sentinel shakes his stone head in disbelief recalling the previously “solved”, puzzle for the lift like some real-life mini-quest. Reminds me of the Chinese puzzles worth more than the common items hidden. he thinks fondly. I should make some. Been awhile.

Reaching the outside of the building Sentinel looks around for CSPD. Unfortunately seeing none present he radios Brute, ”Mr. Brute, there seems to be no CSPD up here? Did you not notify them of our location before proceeding inside?” not waiting on an immediate response Sentinel radios CSPD.

”CSPD Omega’s have captured the villain Zombar. Please be prepared to receive him.” Sentinel radios the CSPD common channel.

Teleport to Gramercy:
OOC Comments
Having seen the location from several ectypes perspectives. Teleporting to a familiar location: 99%/1d100 = 68

Reaching out he lays a hand on both the boy and Zombar and teleports them all to CSPD’s Gramercy Island Prison, right into the Prisons Hanger. ”Hail! Here is Zombar the weak.” Sentinel says in mild jest holding forward the boy to the nearest guard. Careful he multiplies.”[/b] Sentinel says smiling.

JIC:
Parry Bonus: +17; 8d20:
1, 9, 12, 8, 3, 17, 5, 16

Auto-dodge: +9; 8d20:
7, 17, 4, 20, 10, 6, 16, 7

Dodge Bonus: +18; 8d20:
10, 17, 6, 18, 1, 11, 1, 20
Yellow Dragon Ledger
OOC Comments
Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin,English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu
P.P.E.: 450/450| H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 743/743 AR: 16 Save vs. Awe/Horror:14 (16) for words spoken and each attack against Sentinel
Ectype 1
Ectype P.P.E.: 450/450 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 743/743 Equipment: Mobile Compact Computer/ HUD interface, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 2
Ectype P.P.E.: 450/450 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 743/7435 Equipment: Robot Repair Kit with sophisticated tools, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 3
Ectype P.P.E.: 450/450 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 743/743 Weapon: 40mm MM-1 Multiple Grenade Launcher Equipment: Neckband Radio/ID transponders

ImageImage
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Spiderweb » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:23 am

Perception (33%): 1d100 = 21
Initiative: 1d20 = 2
JIC: 1d20 = 14
JIC%: 1d100 = 72

Spiderweb also wonders where the extraction team is, but is not expecting to be teleported to the prison. He immediately pulls on the "leash" and jumps to the side before realizing what has happened.

He glares at Sentinel, "Next time, let a fellow know before doing that."

He thinks, Such a thing could easily be an enemy attack, my reaction was correct.

He notes to the Guards, "He means this is Zombar's weaker human form, do not underestimate him, he has considerable power. I suggest placing him a set of VR glasses so he can not meet anyone's eyes."
Spiderweb
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Brute » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:24 am

(Rolls carried over)

Sentinel wrote:"Mr. Brute, there seems to be no CSPD up here? Did you not notify them of our location before proceeding inside?"

Brute sighs. Of course not... why do they never follow us to a location? "That tracks. They should have received the coordinates from Ultra Force... but I suppose perhaps they didn't." ...to put it charitably. A more cynical person might think they're hanging back until they get the all-clear from the... expendable shock troops they sent in to clear it out for them.

He turns to Wi-Fi's arachnid robot, standing nearby. "Make a note, Sparky. It's now Standard Operating Procedure to forward all intel to CSPD as it's received."

Hopefully, that'll help ME remember.

Brute leans against the wall as he awaits the results of Wi-Fi's hacking attempt. This is not a position I'm even remotely prepared for... I have no military, no police experience... just... he chuckles internally ...football and video games. How can you develop a flexible and appropriate command structure and field protocols from that? Good lord, I'm in over my head. And CSPD... leaves us hanging out to dry more often than not - and our relationship with the Centurions is nonexistent. We have literally NO backup. We... really are expendable, aren't we?

His eyes narrow as he considers the ramifications of this epiphany. I wonder if they make the statues for the courtyard when we're assigned to the Omegas, or if they actually wait until we're dead?

A little core of anger deep within Brute's soul ignites.

I may not be the best leader, or the most capable leader... but I'll be DAMNED if I'm expected to lead these heroes to their deaths for some ungrateful bastard in City Hall.
Brute

Normal Form

Monstrous Form

Omega Suit
Features:
1) Hyper-mimetic alloy fibers change size and molecular composition to fit wearer regardless of APS powers, shape or size changes.
3) Built-in RFID transponder for C.S.P.D. verifies wearer is a Centurion to all C.S.P.D. and their precise GPS location within 20'

Draupnir
    Mind Block Auto-Defense
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Wi-Fi » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:44 pm

He turns to Wi-Fi's arachnid robot, standing nearby. "Make a note, Sparky. It's now Standard Operating Procedure to forward all intel to CSPD as it's received."

(If the room scan was uneventful)

Sparky looking at Brute after hearing his name took notes and returned to his packmate. the two spider bots looking about signs of movement or any threat. each back, rather metal abdomen to abdomen.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points
Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: sidearm, magazine, E-clip, grenade, canteen, food ration pack, minor items or individual tools.

Shock Gloves:
• Damage: None. This gloves discharge an energy charge that short circuits the nervous system. Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry and dodge for 2d4 melee rounds.
A successful saving throw means the person has successfully fought off the effect and is unimpaired. Roll to save against each strike. Saving throw versus toxins.
Wi-Fi
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Blackhaunt » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:00 pm

WAINGROH
Date: Monday, March 23rd, 2043
Weather:
  • Outside: Sunny, warm, bright (55 degrees Fahrenheit)
  • Inside: Muggy, heavy air, decent lighting (45 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 12:12-12:15 pm

Wi-Fi and Rampart
Before Wi-Fi finds the need to relay information from her robot to the brain of her teammate, the computer repeats itself. Rampart helps Wi-Fi out with the translation. He is able to tell her that the language is Japanese and the phrase is “Please place your hand on the biometric scanner”. Upon further investigation, Wi-Fi can see a panel in the computer interface that has a black screen with green gridlines across it.

Outside of the room, Wi-Fi tries to interface with the computer using Telemechanics, but realizes that the range of her ability is much more close range than that.

Spiderweb and Sentinel
Sentinel radios CSPD who reply ”Message received. Our ETA is 10 minutes.” Sentinel then teleports Spiderweb, Zombar and himself into Gramercy Island's underground landing pad, The Airlock. The 4 guards immediately turn and begin firing at the surprise visitors. The bullets bounce off of Sentinel and Spiderweb harmlessly. Sentinel is able to use his divine voice get the guards to hear him over the gun fire. ”Hail! Here is Zombar the weak. Careful he multiplies.” They stop firing at you and start yelling ”Hands in the air! Do not move!” A red light begins flashing rapidly and a klaxon sounds in the background. Spiderweb begins speaking about ways to contain Zombar, but he is drowned out by the sound of the alarm. He also notices that Zombar is bleeding and unconscious.

Brute, Moya, Rook
Brute thinks about the nature of the Omegas while waiting for CSPD to show up. Rook starts to feel the hits she took during the battle. Moya does her best statue impersonation.

What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master

Postby Wi-Fi » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:27 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 16
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 8

Psionics used: rewrite security and passwords to the system friendly to omegas and isolate it from the order. Also weary of inactive traps she could not sense that are mechanical or elecrical.
Hack/Communicate with machines: Range:touch; Duration: as long as touched; Hack/Communicate with machines: 10
Mechanical Knowledge: 1d100 = 37 / Basic electronics 94%
Computer Operation 1d100 = 36 / 104%
Computer Programming 1d100 = 26 / 94%
Computer Repair 1d100 = 36 / 89%

"Well, not my best," she thought, "Guess that power only works on my tiny spider bots." Wi-Fi was slightly disappointed all the effort wasted on a failure. She still had old school time tested telemechanics. The longer-range and ability to possess machines other than her spiderbots might have proven useful. better to not waste any further effort until she can find out what went wrong. Remotely operating the spider-bots might be useful in rescue or scouting at close range, but not very useful reading a harddrive or network.

"My new idea needs work so its back to telemechanics. I'll need to actually touch it. any luck on that translation." she thinks to Rampart. once able to touches the computer keyboard and overrides placing her own password and setting security to recognise Omegas as safe locking out any members of the order.
Last edited by Wi-Fi on Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points

Shock Gloves:
Wi-Fi
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Brute » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:39 am

Conditions: Monstrous Form; APS of Limb: Crystal

Perception: 51% 1d100 = 96

JIC: 1d20 = 4
1d100 = 62

Brute stands idly, wondering about whether Sentinel and Spiderweb ever heard from CSPD. perusing the weapons in the cabinet, he admires the Large Iron Shield, and takes it for himself.

That there is one fancy, heavy shield. That'll look right nice on my wall.

To Rook and Moya, he says, "This shield is mine. The two of you take whatever you want from what's left."

As he wait, his monstrous form continues healing the damage he'd taken in the fight.

OOC Comments
Not sure how much time has passed here. He does 2d6 SDC/round.

He calls out to Wi-Fi, "Wi-Fi - let me know if you can get anything from that computer... We need to get a move on and figure out waht that techno-setup is for."

Because if it's anything we can use, we need to use it.

Thinking about the dais at the end of the room, he flashes back to some old sci-fi shows he'd watched as a child, and then flashes on the magical dais that led to the Spdier-Queen's dimension.

"Any chance that's a teleport? It'd explain how they left so completely and so suddenly."
Brute

Normal Form

Monstrous Form

Omega Suit
Features:

Draupnir
    Mind Block Auto-Defense
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Wi-Fi » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:58 am

He calls out to Wi-Fi, "Wi-Fi - let me know if you can get anything from that computer... We need to get a move on and figure out what that techno-setup is for."

"I will, my long range tricks I did on Stubby didn't work here. They probably only work on robot spiders. Like Psychics that can bend only spoons. So back to the drawing board with the Telemechanic Possession and Telemechanic operation of machines at longer ranges for now. after this caper I'll work on them." she sounded slight bothered.

"Any chance that's a teleport? It'd explain how they left so completely and so suddenly."

"If it is we will use it. And I am hoping its not that demon's magic. I could have fun with a teleporter. The industrial and technical applications of a teleporter are massive. In theory, we can rig it to create basic materials potentially by feeding it a pattern and creating the matter." she answers making her way to the computer.
Last edited by Wi-Fi on Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points

Shock Gloves:
Wi-Fi
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Rook » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:41 am

Condition: wounded, still (-53 SDC)

Perception 27%: 1d100 = 58
JIC 1D20: 1d20 = 17
JIC 1D100: 1d100 = 69

Wincing a little more while giving her shoulder a little rub, Rook moves to find a spot to sit on - a chair preferably, but the top of a desk will do, just not a floor. Once there, she looks to the others nearby quietly, while idly rubbing fingers along the mace lightly, probing at it with her metal senses powers.. trying to get a feel for its quality and the material its made of, mostly out of desire to practice these abilities.

"If none of you know how to use a mace, do we have some sort of training program back at home that I can use, to try and learn? For the moment at least, I think I'll use this.. I don't think a bastard sword is really my thing, nor a cutlass. Maybe a saber.. or short sword or something. For now this will have to do."
Rook
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Blackhaunt » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:56 pm

WAINGROH
Weather:
Time: 12:15-12:20 pm

Wi-Fi and Rampart
Wi-Fi places her hand on the keyboard and hears the japanese phrase again telling her to place her hand on the biometric scanner. She goes to override the access codes but finds that the only access code to this computer terminal is in fact... the hand print on the biometric scanner. Because she is unable to get past this one safe guard, and has woken the computer numerous times via Telemechanics, she notes as three laser guns drop extract from the ceiling and take aim at herself and Rampart. The same voice comes from the computer. "Shisutemu o rokku shimashita. Jikkō purotokoru ga kaishi sa remashita."

Spiderweb and Sentinel
The guards freak out just a little when their bullets do no damage to the two of you. A door slides open and 10 Argonaut bots file in. They are headed your way.

Brute and Moya
Brute gives Wi-Fi some instructions and then Brute and Rook discuss the old fashioned weapons they found in the cabinet. In the middle of that conversation, Brute feels a change in the direction of the air. And maybe there's something wrong with the scent as well. And what was that mechanical sound near the entrance? And in the computer room?

What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master

Postby Wi-Fi » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:51 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 75 / 62%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 35

"Well, that confirms my theory that something has to be active to be detected. Rampart, What was that last message the computer said? and lets get out here..ASAP." she telepathically comments to Rampart turning to the lasers then the palm reader. A quick reprogram through it might work.

"We have three laser turrets in the Computer room. I will attempt to the palm reader and work through it. It seems targeting the computer itself won't work. Assist if you can. I recommend we get Sentinel to teleport us out when we done in here." Wi-Fi radios. It was a smart move make the OS use the palm reader and keep the hardware shielded from or away from the terminals. One she would need to remember that set up.

Skill checks:
Radio basic:
Radio: Basic 1d100 = 69 / 109%

"have to get this computer and defense grid down. I suspect this place is crawling with defenses and tricks. Rampart, gonna need shields around us While I hack the palm reader." She re-activate her Electrical resist and attempts to get the palm reader to register as safe and disarm the system. Once safely disarmed rewrites security and separates it from the orders network.

"Making the omegas as friendly and order as unfriendly should get the internal security working for us.." she thinks. to herself

Psionics used:
Electrokinesis](Varies) (5th level effectiveness)
OOC Comments
Electrical Resistance: Self; Duration: 3 minutes per level; Electrical Resistance: 4/use
Manipulate Electrical devices: 60 feet +5/level; 12 functions/level ISP: 4

Telemechanics
OOC Comments
Hack/Communicate with machines: Range:touch; Duration: as long as touched; Hack/Communicate with machines: 10

Mechanical Knowledge: Range: Touch; Duration: 10 minutes +2/L; Mechanical Knowledge (Skill: 80%); ISP: 10

Computer Hacking : 1d100 = 7 /94%
Mechanical Knowledge Skill: : 1d100 = 68 /80%

(Combat rolls if needed)
OOC Comments
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 15
Apm: 8
1)Put force aura (if it was turned off) or Use chair or desk as cover

2) Use chair or desk as cover
or
Roll to Strike: 1d20+4 = 5 | Damage: 2d6 = 4

3) Bolt (Hand)
Roll to Strike: 1d20+4 = 9 | Damage: 2d6 = 8

4) Bolt (hand)
Roll to Strike: 1d20+2 = 18 | Damage: 2d6 = 10

5) Bolt (eye)
Roll to Strike: 1d20+2 = 16 | Damage: 2d4 = 4

6) Bolt (Hand)
Roll to Strike: 1d20+2 = 3 | Damage: 2d6 = 3

7) Bolt (hand)
Roll to Strike: 1d20+2 = 4 | Damage: 2d6 = 8

8) Bolt (eye)
Roll to Strike: 1d20+2 = 15 | Damage: 2d4 = 4

Dodge:
1d20+5 = 21, 1d20+5 = 11,1d20+5 = 9,1d20+5 = 21,1d20+5 = 19,1d20+5 = 18,1d20+5 = 6,1d20+5 = 10
Parry:
1d20+5 = 24, 1d20+5 = 16,1d20+5 = 17,1d20+5 = 15,1d20+5 = 21,1d20+5 = 19,1d20+5 = 21,1d20+5 = 15
Last edited by Wi-Fi on Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:07 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points

Shock Gloves:
Wi-Fi
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Brute » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:57 am

Perception: 51% 1d100 = 35 (SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20 = 2
1d100 = 40

QUESTION
How many rounds have passed since combat, for healing purposes?

As Brute and Moya talk he feels the tell-tale shift in the wind. He speaks up, loud enough so Wi-Fi and Rampart can hear as well. "Heads Up! We may have company." He gestures to Rook and Moya to find cover as he himself steps close to the wall next to the entrance to the room. As he waits, he lets his antennae continue to feed him atmospheric data.

Track by scent 48% 1d100 = 42 (SUCCESS)
Identify common odors 98% 1d100 = 76 (SUCCESS)
Identify uncommon odors 58% 1d100 = 75 (FAIL)
Motion detector, 30’ radius range
Identify temperature (within 2 degrees) 98% 1d100 = 54 (SUCCESS)
Identify wind direction and speed 88% 1d100 = 28 (SUCCESS)

We've taken too long, and now the enemy are back for more - and with Webs and Sentinel gone we're short-handed.

"If this is trouble, we may need to evac."
Brute

Normal Form

Monstrous Form

Omega Suit
Features:

Draupnir
    Mind Block Auto-Defense
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Spiderweb » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:49 pm

Perception (of 33%): 1d100 = 98
JIC: 1d20 = 13
JIC%: 1d100 = 87

Barney realizes that, in the confusion of their sudden appearance, they have not been recognized as member of the Omegas. He lowers his spear and converts from his bone form to his human form, then raises his hands. His is not unarmed, but giving the appearance of cooperation will help soothe the situation. Well, at least he HOPES it will.

Invoke Trust (55%): 1d100 = 66
Spiderweb
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Moya » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:53 pm

Perception : 1d100 = 41 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 16
JIC: 1d100 = 88

Moya snaps out of her stupor as Brute speaks up.

Brute wrote:Heads Up! We may have company."

"Company?! What the hell did I miss? I got to start paying attention more."

Moya looks around for some cover. She takes up a position close to Rook but making sure she is in front, to act as a shield.

Brute wrote:"If this is trouble, we may need to evac."

"Isn't there only one way in? Have we found an alternate exit or do you got a plan? I got a grenade. If we had a bit more explosives I could collapse a doorway, while we escape."
Moya

Postby Sentinel » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:35 pm

Sentinel
Perception: 1d100 = 97 /64% (another +15% for arcane)
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 11/ D100 JiC: / 1d100 = 11

Skills:
Medical Doctor: Diagnose: 128%/1d100 = 65 Treat: 105%/1d100 = 39

Yellow Dragon
OOC Comments

Conditions: Immune to Magic, Illusions, Possession, Poison, Drugs, Gases, and Disease. Does not tire. Half damage from Cold. Radiates no heat and is invisible to infrared and heat sensors. Immune to pressure; solid stone. Regenerates 2d6 MDC/Melee
Awe and/or Horror Factor 14: Enemies must roll a 15 or higher on a twenty sided die to avoid being momentarily awestruck. A failed roll means the individual loses initiative, one of his melee attacks. In this case, roll each melee round in which the character with the divine aura is attacked or speaks.

Spells:

May notice a divine radiance coming from Sentinel and his voice a bit more compelling to the ears.

Bullets and klaxons greet Sentinel as he proffers his hands out before him like a confused guest.(https://media.giphy.com/media/jkKaZI2rosIHC/giphy.gif)

The guards respond to his hail thankfully ceasing their fire but not before Zombar is riddled by the gunfire.

Sentinel looks over as a plethora of Argonaut bots head their way. In comparison to the mechanoids he had faced in the alternate dimension he was hardly nonplused at their presence,”I can reassure you that those are not necessary. I and Mr. Webs here came before just a few spans back and are with the Omegas.” [Invoke Trust: 94%/ 1d100 = 43] Sentinel says glancing between himself and Webs as he introduces them.

He then notices that Zombar was on the ground. Sentinel sighs, The boy got what he deserves it seems. he wryly thinks. Just a few minutes ago he himself was upset over the beating Zombar had given his ectypes. He was obstinately unaccustomed to being opposed to equal footing and as a result, had wanted to execute the boy. Unfortunately, he knew that would not be wise in the political climate which is his long term goals and certainly not sit well with Brute nor the team. But he also needed the information this boy might have…Well I have no choice but to revive him. But it doesn’t mean I can’t leverage their mistake in the Omegas favor Sentinel concludes.

”CSPD, it seems you have wounded or killed the prisoner.” he says waving a hand towards Zombar on the ground. ”You know he is a child? You might want to have those robots back off over there before you accidentally hurt him some more.” he asks knowing that many respond with paternal or maternal instincts. And fear… the killing of a child is terrible business. he thinks.

JIC:
17, 17, 12, 5, 10, 4, 5, 1

6, 3, 14, 7, 15, 3, 2, 6

4, 11, 7, 8, 19, 10, 4, 19
Last edited by Sentinel on Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yellow Dragon Ledger
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 450/450| H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 743/743 AR: 16 Save vs. Awe/Horror:14 (16) for words spoken and each attack against Sentinel
Ectype 1
Ectype P.P.E.: 450/450 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 743/743 Equipment: Mobile Compact Computer/ HUD interface, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 2
Ectype P.P.E.: 450/450 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 743/7435 Equipment: Robot Repair Kit with sophisticated tools, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 3
Ectype P.P.E.: 450/450 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 743/743 Weapon: 40mm MM-1 Multiple Grenade Launcher Equipment: Neckband Radio/ID transponders

ImageImage
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Brute » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:39 am

(Rolls carried over)

Moya wrote:"Company?! What the hell did I miss? I got to start paying attention more."

"Miss? Nothing. I detected a tell-tale shift in the wind and some odd noises. Sounds like the elevator might be moving." He reaches up and taps one of his antennae, and grins. "These are not for feeling doorways" He winks.

Moya wrote:"Isn't there only one way in? Have we found an alternate exit or do you got a plan? I got a grenade. If we had a bit more explosives I could collapse a doorway, while we escape."

Brute looks around. "If there's another way out, it's secret. Or a teleporter we can't access right now. No, if we're attacked I'd guess we will have to fight past 'em back to the elevator, or I make a hole in the ceiling and hope for the best. Just be on your toes, and remember Mr. Brute's Prime Directive: Don't die."
Brute

Normal Form

Monstrous Form

Omega Suit
Features:

Draupnir
    Mind Block Auto-Defense
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Rook » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:00 am

Perception 27%: 1d100 = 73
JIC 1D20: 1d20 = 8
JIC 1D100: 1d100 = 6

Rook looks up quickly as Brute notes that they may have incoming, giving the boss a quick nod then quickly moving to find some sort of cover - preferably metal cover, and even more preferably metal cover that she can hide completely behind, or at least her body. "Roger, Brute. Hopefully this won't be a last stand situation." she replies, as calmly as possible.

Shifting her gaze to focus on the elevator area, Rook hefts the mace carefully, and perhaps a little nervously - swinging it seems simple enough, but she knows that its never *that* simple. However, remembering something about the PD having been summoned, the winged young woman is careful to make sure not to shoot first...
Rook
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Blackhaunt » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:48 pm

WAINGROH
Weather:
Time: 12:20-12:21 pm

Wi-Fi and Rampart
Rampart covers Wi-Fi and himself in a dome of solid energy so that she can get back to work on the computer without worrying about the lasers looming overhead. She focuses her Telemechanics on the handprint log-in component of the computer system. Using an innovative technique, she tells the reader to use the last known palm configuration and unlock. It does so and the computer system lights up. As it does, the lasers retract into the ceiling. On the desktop, there are many different icons and folders in many different languages. Wi-Fi is able to command the computer to translate them all into English. Of note are the icons for Fluxpad, Ultra Guard Contingencies and Century Station Contact List.

Brute, Rook and Moya
Brute puts the finishing touches on healing completely (it's been 35 minutes since combat ended, you're topped up) and just as suddenly as it started, the mechanical sounds and changes in the air cease. He can "smell" a faint odor of gas, but it is so weak that he's reminded of a heater turning on in a shelter, not of anything potentially dangerous. No one comes down the elevator and nothing else exciting happens.

Moya covers Rook in case something goes down, but nothing exciting happens in the main room. Rook notes that most of the basement they are in is made from masonry, not metal although there is metal laced throughout the walls. More than likely support beams from the feel of them.

What are you doing?

GRAMERCY ISLAND
Weather:
  • Inside: Air conditioned room, well lit sealed room (50 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 12:20-12:20:15 pm
Spiderweb and Sentinel
A guard yells "We can't shut them down! You need to get the fuck out of here!" The Argonauts reach close combat range, 5 of them circling Sentinel and 5 circling Spiderweb. They pay no mind to the body on the ground.
(Begin combat posting if you choose to remain on Gramercy Island)

What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master

Postby Spiderweb » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:12 am

Perception (33%): 1d100 = 56
JIC: 1d20 = 19
JIC%: 1d100 = 37

Something is clearly wrong, there HAS to be an emergency shutdown command. If it is not working, that means the robots have been reprogrammed.

The odds seem good they have been programmed to kill our passenger, and only slightly less good that they are programmed to kill the Omegas, the best solution seems to be, "Sentinel, take us to the nearest Hospital you know. The robots should shut down if we leave."

He kicks his spear up into his hand and erects a force shield around all of us to protect us until the golem can teleport us.

The first thing you need to remember as a hero, pick your fights carefully. We might win this fight, but it is not necessary.

Initiative: 1d20 = 2
Actions Used:
1) Recover Spear 1d20+3 = 11
2) Erect Force Field (counts as block/parry) 1d20+4 = 19
3-5) Reserved for Dodge 1d20+4 = 10 1d20+4 = 23 1d20+4 = 14
Spiderweb
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Wi-Fi » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:54 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 43
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 97

WAINGROH
Weather:
Outside: Sunny, warm, bright (55 degrees Fahrenheit)
Inside: Muggy, heavy air, decent lighting (45 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 12:20-12:21 pm

First thing, make sure the security and system password, and admin set to me. Have Omegas as safe and have the Order are not. Make sure all the traps and such are set to safe and reactivate the security so if they return it will target the enemy. I need to remove the Orders access and ability to observe the base. Second, thinking that Fluxpad is part of a transporter of some type. Wonder if I can keep this computer set up? For purely research reasons and not to make the greatest gaming system ever. she thought with a grin. Once these were done she radios.

I have the system cracked fixing up security now. If the Order did not know this place I'd say use it. We should get this Fluxpad. If we can. And I do have some very interesting data You and I need to look at, Brute.” she taps the comm.

Skills:if needed
OOC Comments
basic radio: : 1d100 = 87 / 109%
Computer Operation: 1d100 = 66 / 104%
Computer Programming: 1d100 = 10 / 94%
Computer Hacking: 1d100 = 18 / 94%
Intelligence: 1d100 = 65 / 64%
Streetwise: 1d100 = 78 / 76%
Lore: Demons and Monsters: 1d100 = 100 / 64%
Lore: Psychics and Psionics: 1d100 = 76 / 49%

This is some good stuff. Some I should save for emergencies. That Utlra Guard Contingencies could be useful to know the orders abilities as well as the UG. They no doubt have some info on us already. Wi-Fi did not anticipate them turning on them but was far too careful to exclude the possibility of mind control or coercion. If they could disable rather than kill it would be far safer.

I can remember the files and transmit them once back at base ot put them to media...” the woman said aloud and takes a look at the all three and commits them to memory if there is no other data storage. The other option she liked was to get the actual hard drive.
Last edited by Wi-Fi on Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points

Shock Gloves:
Wi-Fi
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Rook » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:18 pm

Perception 27%: 1d100 = 16
JIC 1D20: 1d20 = 20
JIC 1D100: 1d100 = 72

As time slowly passes with nothing seeming to happen, Rook frowns a little behind the support-column she'd chosen as a piece of cover; peeking around the corner once more, she eyes the elevator for a long moment, then activates her comm.

"Sense anything new, Brute?" she asks in a low tone, keeping her voice steady. Then, ducking back behind the column once more Rook glances down to the mace, weighing its balance in her hand carefully.
Rook
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Brute » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:44 am

Perception: 51% 1d100 = 88 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 17
1d100 = 8

As the sounds seem to dissipate, Brute relaxes slightly, his sense still keen to changing circumstances.

Track by scent 48% 1d100 = 76 (FAIL)
Identify common odors 98% 1d100 = 24 (SUCCESS)
Identify uncommon odors 58% 1d100 = 69 (FAIL)
Identify temperature (within 2 degrees) 98% 1d100 = 22 (SUCCESS)
Identify wind direction and speed 88% 1d100 = 22 (SUCCESS)

Rook wrote:"Roger, Brute. Hopefully this won't be a last stand situation."

Stay alert - this may have been just... me being hypervigilant... but stay on your toes."

Damn - standing guard while folks are hacking is... nerve-wracking. Where're Sentinel and Webs? Did CSPD not show up yet? It's been quite a while.

Rook wrote:"Sense anything new, Brute?"

Brute shakes his head. "Sometimes normal things register on my senses... and if I'm keyed up, I'd rather react as if they were threats and prepare, than be caught flatfooted. Just stay alert until Wi-Fi and Rampart have the data we need. then we'll go."

Wi-Fi wrote:“I have the system cracked fixing up security now. If the Order did not know this place I'd say use it. We should get this Fluxpad. If we can. And I do have some very interesting data You and I need to look at, Brute.”

Brute's eyes boggle. "Did you say Fluxpad? Wi-Fi, their lost member Silicate is in a place called the Flux ZONE. We need that pad up and running!"

He immediately frowns. The Fluxzone has mutable physical properties... I requested HAZMAT and breathing gear... but we don't have it. There's no way to know what we'd be heading into!

"Wi-Fi - if there's any data in there on the fluxzone, we need it. Pronto."

He then keys open a channel to Sentinel and Webs, saying "Brute to Sentinel and Spiderweb. Please return to site ASAP. May have the key to rescuing Silicate."

If we've found a teleporter that uses the same tech as the Portal gun, then Faraday should know... And honestly I'd rather have him in the field right now than in the lab.

Finally, Brute keys opens his comms to Omega HQ. "Faraday, this is Brute. We've found tech that I suspect matches the portal gun you're researching. Could use your help here." With that, Brute will transmit to Faraday the team's coordinates.
Brute

Normal Form

Monstrous Form

Omega Suit
Features:

Draupnir
    Mind Block Auto-Defense
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Wi-Fi » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:14 pm

"Did you say Fluxpad? Wi-Fi, their lost member Silicate is in a place called the Flux ZONE. We need that pad up and running!"

"with any luck that Fluxpad will get me to a nice vacation spot or comic convention." added grinning as she tapped her comm. teleportation would be nice. even the flux zone was good for training that would help.

"I will get all the data I can. as efficiently as I can." Wi-Fi confirmed as she typed checking the code and commands as they were put in. Let's see what we have. Better be careful of anything hidden...would hate to lose an opportunity like this.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points

Shock Gloves:
Wi-Fi
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Sentinel » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:32 pm

Sentinel
Perception: 1d100 = 92 /64% (another +15% for arcane)
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 19/ D100 JiC: / 1d100 = 96

Skills:

Yellow Dragon
OOC Comments

Spells:

[quote] A guard yells "We can't shut them down! You need to get the fuck out of here!" The Argonauts reach close combat range, 5 of them circling Sentinel and 5 circling Spiderweb. [quote]

Webs also pleads for Sentinel to teleport them to a hospital but he doesn’t have a clue where one is. Not having a for one himself he has of course never been. Even if I did and they revived Zombar then he might escape their custody…teleporting back to the team might fare better. Sentinel concludes.

Argonaut robots clang like doom incarnate towards Sentinel, Webs, and the downed boy, heedless of the masters they seek to defend. Sentinel looks to the guard, down at the boy and back to the bots. He internally sighs, If these were my guards they would be executed. This is not how I expected this to conclude… he thinks angry at the poor training and response of these security guards. He briefly considered putting them and the bots in their place himself, but the risk that the damage that could result could lead to some of the inmates being released. The public relations would not be kind. he thinks. Webs said they would stand down if they perceived the threat gone. I can accomplish that. ever the General Sentinel wonders as a plan forms in his mind.

”Fine we will stand down and you will hear from me in a few minutes once this calms down! Webs do not attack and standstill.” Sentinel says to the guard and Webs.

[Sentinel ectype casts Invisibility (Superior) [See below for description in OCC tag in actions section] on itself and the boy to hide them from the sensors in order to allow the security to be able to get under control. Instead of staying Sentinel and Webs teleport back to the team in the basement. The ectype will render aid and healing as required to stabilize the boy by casting See Invisible and remaining quiet until the Security gets under control. Then more gently the ectype will inform the guards verbally of his presence as the robots are not likely to respond to the sound of a voice as they would likely perceive it to be a radio, TV, or another visitor, etc. In essence, a voice is not threatening. Once the guards can get measures in place the ectype will ask for them to lead him to a cell as he carries the boy still invisible. Once Zombar is secure the ectype will drop the Invisibility and assist the guards including answering any reasonable questions needed.] Invoke Trust: 94%/1d100 = 99

Initiative: 1d20+7 = 10
Attacks: 8

Action 1: Calls forth an ectype next to himself.
Action 2: Teleports himself and Webs back to the team's location. A place seen only a few times (2-6 times before): 88% / 1d100 = 15

JIC:
13, 20, 17, 18, 16, 5, 6, 13

8, 15, 7, 8, 16, 19, 13, 17

6, 13, 20, 3, 19, 9, 15, 4

Ectype:
Perception: 1d100 = 8 /64% (another +15% for arcane)
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 4/ D100 JiC: / 1d100 = 14
Initiative: 1d20+7 = 11

Action 1+2: Ectype Casts Invisibility (Superior) on two targets. Itself and Zombar.
OOC Comments
(Level 7) RUE pg 213
Range: Self or one other by touch.
Duration: 3 min/lvl.
Saving Throw: None.
P.P.E.: 20
A powerful incantation that makes the spell caster invisible to all means of detection. Ordinary vision, infrared, ultraviolet and other optics, heat, motion detectors, and even an animal's sense of smell, can NOT locate the invisible person. No footprints are made, and little sound (prowls at 84%). The magic is broken only if the character makes a hostile move, or engages in combat/attacks. At that instant, he becomes completely visible. Note: The invisible character is not ethereal and cannot walk through walls: he must still use a door. The act of forcing open a door or window, picking a lock, tapping somebody, accidentally bumping somebody, or accidentally getting shot or hurt, is not considered an act of aggression or combat, so invisibility is maintained.

Only uses a number of healing as required.

Action 3: Casts See the Invisible to be able to see Zombar to render aid while waiting for the situation to calm.
OOC Comments
See the Invisible (Level 1) RUE Pg. 199
Range: 200 ft.
Duration: 1 min./lvl
Saving Throw: None.
P.P.E.: 4
The character can see Astral beings, entities, elementals, ghosts, objects, forces and creatures that can turn invisible or are naturally invisible. Even if the creature has no form per se, the mystic will be able to discern the vaporous image or energy sphere that is the being.

Action 4: Healing Power 3d6 = 9 HP or SDC Healing Power on the downed Zombar HP or SDC and as needed with following actions.
OOC Comments
The character can heal others by touch and nullify poisons and drugs in the bloodstream, stopping the damage and penalties from the toxin at the moment of the healing. Can also cure minor diseases and conditions (hangover, headache, stomach ache, nausea, itching, bug bite, minor bums, etc.).
OOC Comments
Range: Touch.
Duration: Permanent.
Healing Damage: 3D6 Hit Points or S. D. C. or stops poison, drugs and their damage and penalties at the moment of healing.
Limitations & Penalties: Each act of healing temporarily weakens the super-being. Reduce P. E. attribute number by one and Hit Points by 1D4 per each act of healing. Both recover completely after a good night's sleep (minimum of six hours).

Action 5 Healing Power 3d6 = 7 HP or SDC
Action 6: Healing Power 3d6 = 12 HP or SDC
Action 7: Healing Power 3d6 = 11 HP or SDC
Action 8: Healing Power 3d6 = 11 HP or SDC

JIC:
5, 7, 2, 14, 12, 10, 8, 11

12, 17, 4, 2, 6, 17, 5, 13

10, 3, 8, 20, 16, 6, 14, 16

Defunct roll: 3d6 = 7
Last edited by Sentinel on Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yellow Dragon Ledger
OOC Comments
Ectype 1
Ectype 2
Ectype 3

ImageImage
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Moya » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:49 pm

Perception : 1d100 = 74 / 24%
JIC: 1d100 = 73

Brute wrote:Stay alert - this may have been just... me being hypervigilant... but stay on your toes."

Moya smirks as she continues to stand waiting for something to, maybe, happen.

He IS hypervigilant, isn't he? Well, better that than to get caught off guard. Sometimes you step over dollars to pick up dimes. Oh well he's the Xo after all. Need to stay focused and not drift off again.

Brute wrote:"Sometimes normal things register on my senses... and if I'm keyed up, I'd rather react as if they were threats and prepare, than be caught flatfooted. Just stay alert until Wi-Fi and Rampart have the data we need. then we'll go."

"So what your saying is that there might be nothing coming? You got me all excited for nothing. What a tease. I didn't even get dinner."

Moys relaxes slightly as she jests with Brute. Moya give home a wink. She takes several steps towards the entrance, trying to see if she can hear anybody coming down the elevator.
Moya

Postby Tom Cassidy » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:19 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 98/58%
JIC: 1d100 = 91/1d20 = 5

Conditions
Conditions:
- 2,440/3,400 Force Field/Construct SDC at the end of this post
- Energy Shield: 29.5 minutes (143 melees) duration remaining
- Energy Fist: 29.5 minutes (143 melees) duration remaining
- Force Field Armor: 179/300 SDC
- Invincible Armor: 3.5 minutes remaining | AR 18, 350 SDC | Regenerates 2d6 SDC per round | half damage from all energy attacks | Complete environmental protection from heat, cold, disease, pollution, toxic gases, fumes, etc. and, provides the wearer with an independent oxygen supply

Blackhaunt wrote:Wi-Fi places her hand on the keyboard and hears the japanese phrase again telling her to place her hand on the biometric scanner. She goes to override the access codes but finds that the only access code to this computer terminal is in fact... the hand print on the biometric scanner. Because she is unable to get past this one safe guard, and has woken the computer numerous times via Telemechanics, she notes as three laser guns drop extract from the ceiling and take aim at herself and Rampart. The same voice comes from the computer. "Shisutemu o rokku shimashita. Jikkō purotokoru ga kaishi sa remashita."

“Uh oh, that doesn’t sound good…” Rampart grunts as the turrets deploy. “And that looks even worse. I’ll give us some cover -- but you might want to psi-hack a little faster all the same…” he adds with a smirk.

He snaps his fingers and a dome of energy (200 SDC) shimmers into place around the two of them. While she works on the console he tries to translate the computer’s latest statement.

Language: Japanese –- 1d100 = 87/65%
Language: Japanese –- 1d100 = 84/65% (2nd attempt) (oy vey)

Wi-Fi wrote:"Well, that confirms my theory that something has to be active to be detected. Rampart, What was that last message the computer said? and lets get out here..ASAP." she telepathically comments to Rampart turning to the lasers then the palm reader. A quick reprogram through it might work.

"We have three laser turrets in the Computer room. I will attempt to the palm reader and work through it. It seems targeting the computer itself won't work. Assist if you can. I recommend we get Sentinel to teleport us out when we done in here." Wi-Fi radios. It was a smart move make the OS use the palm reader and keep the hardware shielded from or away from the terminals. One she would need to remember that set up.

"have to get this computer and defense grid down. I suspect this place is crawling with defenses and tricks. Rampart, gonna need shields around us While I hack the palm reader." She re-activate her Electrical resist and attempts to get the palm reader to register as safe and disarm the system. Once safely disarmed rewrites security and separates it from the orders network.

“Working on it…” Tom replies. “I only got 'annihilation' and 'have an ice spray' out of that last bit. Would this be a bad time to admit I only took Japanese so I could understand anime videos and read manga? Never figured it’d come into play while infiltrating a villain lair.”

Blackhaunt wrote:Rampart covers Wi-Fi and himself in a dome of solid energy so that she can get back to work on the computer without worrying about the lasers looming overhead. She focuses her Telemechanics on the handprint log-in component of the computer system. Using an innovative technique, she tells the reader to use the last known palm configuration and unlock. It does so and the computer system lights up. As it does, the lasers retract into the ceiling. On the desktop, there are many different icons and folders in many different languages. Wi-Fi is able to command the computer to translate them all into English. Of note are the icons for Fluxpad, Ultra Guard Contingencies and Century Station Contact List.

“Well that was rather impressive…” Rampart nods as the turrets retract. He makes sure the turrets are fully deactivated before dropping his own shield. Glancing at the screen he tilts his head. “Fluxpad? Ultra Guard? Any of that make sense to you?”

Wi-Fi wrote:I have the system cracked fixing up security now. If the Order did not know this place I'd say use it. We should get this Fluxpad. If we can. And I do have some very interesting data You and I need to look at, Brute.” she taps the comm.

I can remember the files and transmit them once back at base ot put them to media...” the woman said aloud and takes a look at the all three and commits them to memory if there is no other data storage. The other option she liked was to get the actual hard drive.

“That’s also rather impressive…” Tom raises an eyebrow. “Guess that’s why they call you ‘Wi-Fi.’ Remind me to ask you about uploading my files from MercTown when we get back to HQ.”

Brute wrote:"Did you say Fluxpad? Wi-Fi, their lost member Silicate is in a place called the Flux ZONE. We need that pad up and running!"

"Brute to Sentinel and Spiderweb. Please return to site ASAP. May have the key to rescuing Silicate."

"Faraday, this is Brute. We've found tech that I suspect matches the portal gun you're researching. Could use your help here." With that, Brute will transmit to Faraday the team's coordinates.

“I guess that’s a big ‘yes’ then…” Tom’s eyebrows furrow. “Wait, you’re already working on portal technology? We lost a couple of teammates into what looked to be a portal. I wonder if we could use it to rescue them too…”

He folds his arms over his chest and waits for Wi-Fi to finish her psychic data transfer.
Tom Cassidy

Postby Blackhaunt » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:38 pm

WAINGROH
Weather:
Time: 12:21-12:25 pm

Brute, Rook and Moya
Moya jokes around with Brute and then heads toward the doorway to the room. She makes it all the way to the elevator and finds everything just as it was.

Brute catches a light fading whiff of chlorine from his antenna. From Wi-Fi's statement, Brute makes a startling realization: The Fluxpad very well may be the key to the Fluxzone! He communicates as much to Wi-Fi and continues standing guard as she hacks into the computer.

Rook continues to hang around with her mace.

Wi-Fi and Rampart
Rampart does a pretty bad job hearing the Japanese message playing for them, but it doesn't matter because he protects them long enough for Wi-Fi to get into the system.

Wi-Fi spends time updating the permissions on the computer, creating an administrative password for herself and allowing the other Omegas biometric access. She runs into the problem of the only program being set up for passwords being the biometric handprint scanner. In order to give permissions to the rest of the team, she would need to bring them into the room to scan their hands and create a user account for them. She finds the permissions for Ironvein and tries to lock him out. However, he is integrated as a super-user and it is impossible to remove his permissions without physically destroying the computer. She does not find permissions for the other members of the Order. Not because she couldn't find them, but because they didn't exist. The traps that she sprung earlier were the result of too many failed attempts at unlocking the computer. She finds that setting and disables the traps. Next she looks through the Century Station Contact List. She finds the following:

Century Station Contact List
Forest Clan – Finance/Crew Services (Ninja)/Mystic supplies – manycolorsonehand@csmail.com
King Snow – Crew Services – coldasice@csmail.com
Lacuna – Finance/Crew Services – platinumcravat@csmail.com
Phaze – Information/Acquisitions – phazedout@mailroom.com
Pipin – Information/Acquisitions – pipin@csmail.com
Savage Master – Scientific Supplies/Crew Services – savageone@centuryspark.net
Vestige – Information/Acquisitions – contractor-007@COIN.com

Next she opens Ultra Guard Contingencies. She finds the following:
Ultra Guard Contingencies
Owl: Just a human. Low threat level.
Nereid: Vulcan's abilities keep her on the ropes. She finds fire physically repulsive. Take her out quickly. Need to find out how she always sees us coming.
Titanic: He's just really big. Take out his knees and he'll come right back down to our level.
Eternal Soldier: Overwhelming force is the only way. If you let him exist in the shadows, he'll pick us off one by one. Destroy all cover, illuminate everything.
Greyhound: The most dangerous one by far. Zombar's gaze is the only thing capable of slowing him down for a second.
Winter: The ice guy? Low level threat.

Finally, Wi-Fi opens FluxPad. She finds the following commands:
FluxPad
FluxPad wrote:FluxZone @ 20% capacity.
FluxZone Connection @ 54% stability.
Activate FluxPad?
OK|View|Cancel

What are you doing?

GRAMERCY ISLAND
Weather:
Time: 12:20:15-12:25 pm
Spiderweb and Sentinel
Sentinel creates an ectype, and teleports himself and Spiderweb back to his teammates' side in Waingroh.

Sentinel's ectype goes invisible as does the downed Zombar. Sentinel watches as the Argonaut bots cease their aggressive movements and head back into their bay. He heals the child's wounds and when it's time, he lets one of the guards know about his presence. The guard jumps out of a frightful reaction which alarms the rest of the guards. He asks the guards to bring him to a cell which causes them to bring their guns out again as they swing back and forth, attempting to locate the source of the voice that they can't see. "Show yourself!" one guard yells. Another screams "Lock down the island! We're being invaded!"

What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master

Postby Wi-Fi » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:47 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 26 /62%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 91

“Working on it…” Tom replies. “I only got 'annihilation' and 'have an ice spray' out of that last bit. Would this be a bad time to admit I only took Japanese so I could understand anime videos and read manga? Never figured it’d come into play while infiltrating a villain lair.”

"Fair enough. Like learning Italian to impress women." she grins, "I found some interesting bits. This must be Ironvien's base. not an order base or he likes to keep his allies out of the computer." she said.

“Well that was rather impressive…” Rampart nods as the turrets retract. He makes sure the turrets are fully deactivated before dropping his own shield. Glancing at the screen he tilts his head. “Fluxpad? Ultra Guard? Any of that make sense to you?”

“That’s also rather impressive…” Tom raises an eyebrow. “Guess that’s why they call you ‘Wi-Fi.’ Remind me to ask you about uploading my files from MercTown when we get back to HQ.”

"Yup, tech and data management. It is a talent. As for that Merctown Data, I can try once we are done with this. This is interesting. The Ultra Guard is a team we have worked with before. Fluxpad is a transporter of some type and some of the contacts names look familiar." the mutant was sounding pleased. the portal was here but not fully charged a bit of a pain.

Skill check:
Intelligence: 1d100 = 3 / 64%
Streetwise: 1d100 = 69 / 76%

"Did you say Fluxpad? Wi-Fi, their lost member Silicate is in a place called the Flux ZONE. We need that pad up and running!"

"Brute, I have good news and Bad news. I found the flux pad, but not fully charged. The connection to the flux zone is 54%." she looks at and commits the names and Emails to memory as well as the UG tactical data. she taps the view command to see the status and time to fully charge. Another thought was to see if she could improve it to better accuracy or if it was possible.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points

Shock Gloves:
Wi-Fi
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Spiderweb » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:36 am

Perception (33%): 1d100 = 48
JIC: 1d20 = 16
JIC%: 1d100 = 6

Barney expects to arrive in a cool and antiseptic hospital, but the scents and sights that afflict his senses are not at all what he expects. He looks around and realizes they are back in the villain base with the others...and that the hurt child is not with them.

He glances over at Sentinel and asks, "Why are we here? Oh wait, let me guess, you duplicated yourself and had a duplicate transport Zombar to the Hospital while bringing me here to answer the call? That is not a bad idea..."

OOC Comments
Since I am not sure who is with us where we appeared, I can not interact with anyone but Sentinel yet.

It must be handy, being able to be more than one place at a time, Thinks Spiderweb.
Spiderweb
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Brute » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:50 am

Perception: 51% 1d100 = 61

JIC: 1d20 = 11
1d100 = 6

Smelling all the smells, Brute wonders idly if that the cleaning crew he's detecting upstairs.

Track by scent 48% 1d100 = 90
Identify common odors 98% 1d100 = 60
Identify uncommon odors 58% 1d100 = 98
Identify temperature (within 2 degrees) 98% 1d100 = 14
Identify wind direction and speed 88% 1d100 = 69

Wi-Fi wrote:"with any luck that Fluxpad will get me to a nice vacation spot or comic convention."

Brute chuckles. "If it's real nice I might consider going in on a timeshare."

Moya wrote:"So what your saying is that there might be nothing coming? You got me all excited for nothing. What a tease. I didn't even get dinner."

"You're lucky. Most Omegas have seen my ass already." Brute returns her wink.

Wi-Fi wrote:"Brute, I have good news and Bad news. I found the flux pad, but not fully charged. The connection to the flux zone is 54%."

Brute frowns, considering this. "We may have to risk it. Fire it up once with no one on the pad and see if it brings Silicate back. If it doesn't we'll have to go in... If we can be assured of having a way OUT."

C'mon, Faraday... where are you?

"Maybe just a couple of us go through, and the rest stand guard with you and after a set amount of time you open the portal back up... But let's see first if we can retrieve silicate without endangering Omega lives."

As he waits, he keeps an eye on the entrance... and his mind off the charnel-house across the room.
Brute

Normal Form

Monstrous Form

Omega Suit
Features:

Draupnir
    Mind Block Auto-Defense
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Faraday » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:09 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 76/43(+15% Arcane/Supernatural)
JIC: 1d20 = 1
JIC: 1d100 = 30

Faraday quirks a brow archly as he manipulates a holo-display of the "portal gun" device, continuing his analysis of the technology even as he listens to Brute on the radio and responds. (Radio)"I am in the lab currently sir however I can be on my way in just a few minutes. Pulling your location from your beacons and starting a navigation plot. Anything else you'd like from the shop while I'm suiting up here?" he says, even as he gestures to start the geo-plot and route calculations and begins putting away the fragments of the device.

I wish I could finish this first however a second device using the same technology could be invaluable. Having both to compare against the other could make this significantly easier.

(Internal)"ANNA transition from lab to operations mode. Begin monitoring communications feeds and the standard list of critical data points while I prepare. Tactical breakdown when available."
Faraday

Faraday Tracker
HP: 112/112
SDC: 300/300
PPE: 187/187

Natural AR: 14

Ectoplasmic Armor
Natural AR: 13 SDC: 300/300

Modern Armor/Class 4
AR: 17 SDC: 280/280

G11, Assault Rifle (HU2, GM Guide, pg 212)
    Cartridge: 4.7mm x 33mm caseless Feed: 50 round magazine
    Approx. Effective Range: 1320 ft ROF: Cyclic: 500-600/minute; Auto: 100/minute Damage: 3d6
    Special: 3 round short burst with no penalty.
Faraday
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Wi-Fi » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:57 pm

"We may have to risk it. Fire it up once with no one on the pad and see if it brings Silicate back. If it doesn't we'll have to go in... If we can be assured of having a way OUT."

C'mon, Faraday... where are you?

"Maybe just a couple of us go through, and the rest stand guard with you and after a set amount of time you open the portal back up... But let's see first if we can retrieve silicate without endangering Omega lives."

"Not many other options. Turning it may charge it." she answers, "I have no idea what it looks like or where it is. keep your eyes peeled. It could be a floor, ceiling or wall. Even a set of pylons in the ground...anything. activating it in 3...2...1..Activating." the mutant radios Brute activating the portal. Probably in the main room with Brute but unless sh scanned for it and she was not ISP rich at the moment.

(Radio)"I am in the lab currently sir however I can be on my way in just a few minutes. Pulling your location from your beacons and starting a navigation plot. Anything else you'd like from the shop while I'm suiting up here?"

"Faraday, can you grab me a secured field terminal and Shielded memory storage for me? Mine seems to have gone MIA me and I need to store some data of interest." she answers Faraday. so he's back, they probably had him fixing that D-Gun.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points

Shock Gloves:
Wi-Fi
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Faraday » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:18 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 16/43(+15% Arcane/Supernatural)
JIC: 1d20 = 5
JIC: 1d100 = 84

Faraday finishes stowing away the delicate components he was studying before turning to head to the armory. (Radio)"Wi-Fi, Faraday, copy. I will try to locate those for you. If you have anything you can send me about what you have found I will take a look while I'm on the way." he says as he moves to verify whether the requested items are available.

Data storage? Well now. I like data...
Faraday

Faraday Tracker

Ectoplasmic Armor

Modern Armor/Class 4

Approx. Effective Range: 1320 ft ROF: Cyclic: 500-600/minute; Auto: 100/minute Damage: 3d6
Faraday
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Moya » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:50 pm

Perception : 1d100 = 43 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 12
JIC: 1d100 = 50

Brute wrote:
"You're lucky. Most Omegas have seen my ass already."
Brute returns her wink.

"Don't tempt me or I'll have to hold you to it."

Moya head back to rendezvou with Brute and Rook. She stands around and after a bit turns to Brute.

"Elevator is clear. At least for now. If you need a volunteer to go into this "flux zone", then I guess I'll be first up. Your not afraid of a little unknown, are you? I mean come on. You, me alone in some unknown dimension. What could be romantic than that? You know you loved to give it try. Shall we? After you."

Moya will follow Brut to the location of the flux pad. If needed she will step onto the pad and wait to be teleported.
Moya

Postby Rook » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:37 pm

Perception 27%: 1d100 = 4
JIC 1D20: 1d20 = 16
JIC 1D100: 1d100 = 96

Rook watches as Moya makes her way over to the elevator area and peek around, biting her own lip a little - the young woman expects something to leap out at her teammate, Xenomorph-like, and hefts her newfound mace a little more. When nothing happens though, Rook lets out a little sigh of relief, though does quirk a brow slightly as Brute continues to seem on edge.

Slowly coming into a more comfortable standing position, the blonde heroine unfurls her wings to give them a stretch, then rubs her thighs a little after placing the mace down on a convenient surface. "I don't suppose we have any medics or some sort of healing around? I'm still feeling a little frazzled by that energy blast.."
Rook
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Wi-Fi » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:01 pm

(Radio)"Wi-Fi, Faraday, copy. I will try to locate those for you. If you have anything you can send me about what you have found I will take a look while I'm on the way."

(radio)"Faraday, Wi-Fi I'll see what I can do, we may have Order members fleeing the site be mindful. Brute, be careful that the last portal was a doozy, I don't want to lose yet you, Brute." she replied, Not sure I want to risk internal defenses or linking this system to ours.

Skill:
Radio basic: 1d100 = 25 / 109%
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points

Shock Gloves:
Wi-Fi
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Tom Cassidy » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:14 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 59/58%
JIC: 1d20 = 17/1d100 = 55

Conditions
Conditions:
- 2,440/3,400 Force Field/Construct SDC at the end of this post
- Energy Shield: 29.25 minutes (142 melees) duration remaining
- Energy Fist: 29.25 minutes (142 melees) duration remaining
- Invincible Armor: 3.25 minutes remaining | AR 18, 350 SDC | Regenerates 2d6 SDC per round | half damage from all energy attacks | Complete environmental protection from heat, cold, disease, pollution, toxic gases, fumes, etc. and, provides the wearer with an independent oxygen supply

Wi-Fi wrote:"Fair enough. Like learning Italian to impress women." she grins, "I found some interesting bits. This must be Ironvien's base. not an order base or he likes to keep his allies out of the computer."

Rampart chuckles and makes a few hand gestures. "Never tried-a that. Settled for-a fake Italiano accent that-a worked more-a often than-a not, enh?" He shrugs. "Tried learning accents in one theater class. My prof told me I should stick to being the 'strong silent type' after the first time I tried that. And call me paranoid but if I were a supervillain I think I'd want to keep both allies and enemies out of my computer system. But Ironvein didn't strike me as being Japanese... why wouldn't he have just had the system set to English?"

He listens to the radio comm chatter. "Well, sounds like we got some additional tech cavalry on the way. What's the story on this Faraday guy? He the quintessential quartermaster type who stays in the lab until it's time to walk the agent through the new toys?"
Tom Cassidy

Postby Sentinel » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:04 pm

[u]Ectype 4[u]
Gramercy Island
Perception: 1d100 = 91 /64% (another +15% for arcane)
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 10/ D100 JiC: / 1d100 = 6
P.P.E.: 206/236 | H.P.: N/A | M.D.C.: 495/495 AR: 16
Butcher Bill: PPE -30 PPE

Show yourself!" one guard yells. Another screams "Lock down the island! We're being invaded!"

If he believed in nine hells he would have sworn over such. Are these guards just chomping at the bit for a fight? What am I to do, hmmm? Sentinel ponders how to avoid any bloodshed looking down at the young boys now stabilized body.

”You are not being invaded! Have some common sense. You have seen the abilities the supers can have. We are just camouflaged so the robots would stand down. The boy still needs aid.” Sentinel says relinquishing the invisibility on just the boy, Zombar. ”Please as I said before, escort him to a cell and bring your medical staff to ensure he is well. Since you were unable to take control of the robots before I will not show myself until he is inside his cell. Again, I will then answer your questions, as long as you remain reasonable!” Trust: Invoke Trust: 94% 1d100 = 82 Success!

If they situation deteriorates further Sentinel will teleport himself back to the team leaving them to take care of the boy, not wishing to cause any more trouble if the robots go full monty on them. Teleport: A place seen only a few times (2-6 times before): 88%1d100 = 47 Success!

Initiative: 1d20+7 = 16

19, 2, 1, 4, 9, 1, 2, 15

8, 2, 12, 19, 12, 14, 11, 8

19, 14, 2, 19, 18, 7, 12, 4
Yellow Dragon Ledger
OOC Comments
Ectype 1
Ectype 2
Ectype 3

ImageImage
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Brute » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:24 am

(Rolls carried over)

Faraday wrote:"I am in the lab currently sir however I can be on my way in just a few minutes. Pulling your location from your beacons and starting a navigation plot. Anything else you'd like from the shop while I'm suiting up here?"

"Not unless you have HAZMAT suits I'm not aware of."

Moya wrote:"Don't tempt me or I'll have to hold you to it."

Brute chuckles. "Hey now... All you gotta do is wait. These Omega suits are pretty flimsy."

Rook wrote:"I don't suppose we have any medics or some sort of healing around? I'm still feeling a little frazzled by that energy blast.."

"Sentinel's our medic - when he gets back I'll have him patch you up. Until then, take it easy."

When/If Sentinel and Webs show up, Brute says "Welcome back, team. Sentinel, please give Rook some medical attention. Then I need at least one of your ectypes with Moya, Rampart, and I posted near the fluxpad in case we have to go through. Wi-Fi, stay on this end to pull us out if need be. Webs, Rook, and... Sentinel or one of his ectypes stand guard over Wi-Fi."

He will wait until Wi-Fi cycles the Fluxpad on at least once to see what the result is on the readings, and to see if it brings Silicate back, before asking her to activate it again, and stepping through with his team.

Moya wrote:"Elevator is clear. At least for now. If you need a volunteer to go into this "flux zone", then I guess I'll be first up. Your not afraid of a little unknown, are you? I mean come on. You, me alone in some unknown dimension. What could be romantic than that? You know you loved to give it try. Shall we? After you."

Brute nods. "Wouldn't be my first trip to an unknown dimension. Or my second, come to think of it."

Wi-Fi wrote:"Brute, be careful that the last portal was a doozy, I don't want to lose you, Brute."

"Every portal is a doozy. Y'know... I'm gonna take a stand and say they're not good"[/quote]

In the event the first activation of the fluxpad doesn't bring Silicate back, Brute asks Wi-Fi to cycle it on again, and steps on the pad with his team to go in and pull Silicate out by hand.

Her'es hoping she actually can pull us out... and we don't spend 5 years in there in the meantime.

If Faraday comes before the Flux-Pad is activated, He and Wi-Fi can ro-sham-bo for who gets to stay behind to pull us out and who gets to come along.
Brute

Normal Form

Monstrous Form

Omega Suit
Features:

Draupnir
    Mind Block Auto-Defense
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Wi-Fi » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:21 am

Rampart chuckles and makes a few hand gestures. "Never tried-a that. Settled for-a fake Italiano accent that-a worked more-a often than-a not, enh?" He shrugs. "Tried learning accents in one theater class. My prof told me I should stick to being the 'strong silent type' after the first time I tried that. And call me paranoid but if I were a supervillain I think I'd want to keep both allies and enemies out of my computer system. But Ironvein didn't strike me as being Japanese... why wouldn't he have just had the system set to English?"

"I had that thought too. Plus this chair size is bigger than Ironvien. Ironvien is the superuser. Maybe he set it up for someone else. I can check the system for other user names.. I should" she grinned, "A regular Simon Williams, huh? I'll keep you in mind for parties and voice on animated bits I make online." she turns back to data.

He listens to the radio comm chatter. "Well, sounds like we got some additional tech cavalry on the way. What's the story on this Faraday guy? He the quintessential quartermaster type who stays in the lab until it's time to walk the agent through the new toys?"

"Ya, like sentinel he knows machines by training. Faraday is our AI specialist and the one who fixed the Dimension gun." she answers still reading and pondered erasing the UG countermeasures. Was this the kind of info she would want in enemy or government hads?

"Every portal is a doozy. Y'know... I'm gonna take a stand and say they're not good"

As Brute jokes she looks concerned, joke all you want just be careful. a lot of people count on you.myself included... she thought to herself.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points

Shock Gloves:
Wi-Fi
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Blackhaunt » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:38 am

WAINGROH
Weather:

Brute, Rook and Moya
Brute keeps an eye on the entrance of the building and jokes around with Moya. Rook stays on guard holding her mace aloft in case something happens. That's when all three of them hear a scream that sounds inhuman coming from the computer room, followed by an explosion.

Spiderweb and Sentinel
Sentinel teleports himself and Spiderweb back to the middle of the basement. Spiderweb comments about the teleportation, Sentinel copying himself and that he probably left Zombar at the prison. He sees Brute and Moya staring toward the computer room.

Wi-Fi and Rampart
Wi-Fi first presses the view button in the FluxPad commands. The computer screen switches to a half screen view of a sea of red with black accents. In it, a floating unmoving body.

Then Wi-Fi presses the OK option to activate the FluxPad at 54% connectivity. The dais in the corner of the lab room lights up at it's base and 10 seconds later, a solid column of crimson light is seen pouring from it. The consoles to the left of the computer come to life. Knobs, dials, sliders, buttons all backlit. The tanks on either side of the room begin pumping and a steam of some sort comes out as the liquid inside diminishes rapidly. A shape begins to form in the column of light from the dais and that's when the screaming starts. A terrible, mechanical, amplified scream that can be heard from every inch of the subterranean supervillain base. What Wi-Fi sees is more terrifying than that. The shape that was beginning to form in the column of light appears misshapen and slightly contorted like the once forgotten but recently repopularized artist Picasso's paintings. Using her quick wits and powers of Telemechanics, she adjusts settings at the speed of thought in an attempt to stabilize whatever was coming through. The knobs, dials, sliders and buttons all begin sparking madly. The computer indicates that the FluxPad has reached critical condition. There is a loud explosion from the dais that sends debris hurling across the room followed by a smaller explosion from the computer console Wi-Fi is working on. Rampart's quick action prevents any of it from touching either of the two heroes present.

The smoke settles and the results are in. It worked. Wi-Fi manages to bring the superhero Silicate back from the FluxZone via the now disintegrated FluxPad.

The teen machine stands in front of you, looks you up and down and says "Hnn. Thanks." He rolls his shoulders to stretch, then his neck and then asks "Where's the Owl? And who are you?"

What are you doing?

GRAMERCY ISLAND
Weather:
Time: 12:20:15-12:25 pm
Sentinel
Invisible Sentinel attempts to calm one of the guards down using logic. He finds that the guard he is speaking with does not listen in the fashion that he would like and the red lights and klaxon alarms continue. He can hear a radio call go out. "All argonauts to the Airlock! Take down anything that moves! Get them the fuck off of my goddamn island!"

Seeing that the situation is not improving, Sentinel teleports back to the villain base next to his other self.

What are you doing?

OMEGA BASE
Weather:
  • Inside: Air conditioned room, well lit room (50 degrees Fahrenheit)
Faraday
Hard at work attempting to discover the secrets of the portal gun when he receives the call from Brute and Wi-Fi. He puts the work aside to begin plotting a course to meet up with them. While ANNA begins storing the project they've been working on, Faraday finds a data storage unit and a laptop computer, stores them on his person and then begins to head over to the Omegas location.
What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master

Postby Brute » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:50 am

Perception: 51% 1d100 = 49

JIC: 1d20 = 3
1d100 = 71

When the noise and light show starts where Wi-Fi's working, Brute sprints to that door. "CLARICA!"

What he sees is the amorphous shape on the fluxpad, and Wi-Fi working frantically to stabilize it, before it all comes to an abrupt end.

Silicate wrote:"Hnn. Thanks. Where's the Owl? And who are you?"

With a grin of defiance and joy, Brute shouts "YES!!!" and sweeps Wi-Fi into a hug. "WE DID IT!" Setting her down he turns to Silicate.

"We're the Omegas - You're in Century Station. Owl and the rest of Ultra Guard and Teen Force Ultra who came are back at our HQ. We are... just SO GLAD to see you."

Smiling ear to ear, Brute radios CSPD "This is Brute to CSPD and Faraday. We are exiting the Waingroh site and returning to base. Tell Owl we have good news."

He turns back to Silicate, saying. "Let's get you home."
Brute

Normal Form

Monstrous Form

Omega Suit
Features:

Draupnir
    Mind Block Auto-Defense
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Wi-Fi » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:39 am

Perception: 1d100 = 38
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 46

"Glad to see you too, Brute." She hugs back and smiles at him and considered grabbing his hand, but her attention is drawn back to the situation. Looking to Silicate, "Are you all in one piece? need any medical attention?"

"Faraday, Sentinel. Salvage what you can from the tech here, even as salvage it should be useful for equipment and base upgrade." she radioed, Wi-Fi also noted the location and Emails of the base's computer. a backup lair would be nice.

"The detective...rather Owl will be happy to see you. And I am Wi-Fi...the one who managed to get you here. The portal, on the other hand, did not fair so well. Thats Rampart. He was a great help too." she added to what Brute said and indicated Rampart.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points

Shock Gloves:
Wi-Fi
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Moya » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:35 pm

Perception : 1d100 = 44 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 10
JIC: 1d100 = 14

Moya freezes when she hears the scream. She turns in the direction of the sound when the explosion happens. Her heart jumps when Brutes yells out to some girl. Rushing to the control room. As the dust settles, Moya looks upon a newcomer.

Who the hell is that?! And who'd the hell is Owl?! What am I missing? Apparently he's a friend, though. At least that's good.

Wi-Fi wrote:"Glad to see you too, Brute." She hugs back and smiles at him and considered grabbing his hand, but her attention is drawn back to the situation. Looking to Silicate, "Are you all in one piece? need any medical attention?"

So that's Clara. I I know that before. I can't remember.

Not knowing much of the situation they are talking about, Moya just stands around listening in on the conversation.
Moya

Postby Faraday » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:59 am

Perception: 1d100 = 54/43(+15% Arcane/Supernatural)
JIC: 1d100 = 90

Faraday gathers the requested equipment as well as anything else on hand that might be useful in examining more of the technology in question in smooth efficient movements before promptly moving to his quarters don his armor and gear himself up with his customary weaponry, none of which he was wearing for a day in the lab. With equal alacrity he quickly suits up and leaves his quarters, moving now at a light jog. (Radio)"Brute, Faraday, I'll be en route in a few minutes. Should be a brief transit, I'll be taking air transport and using emergency transport protocols. Last chance to call out anything you need from home." he says as he goes through the motions of getting to the garage and his hovercar. Placing the needed equipment securely in the trunk of his hovercar he puts his rifles within reach, snugged between the seat and console of the passenger seat before running a quick set of pre-flight checks, starting the vehicle, and taking to the airways of Century Station. As he starts to gain altitude and reorient himself towards his destination Faraday dials his transponder to show Omega ID and uses the radio to engage police emergency right of way priority with Traffic Control.

This shouldn't take more than a few minutes. But even still I am impatient. I want to see this new technology. There is too much we don't know about our enemies.
Faraday

Faraday Tracker

Ectoplasmic Armor

Modern Armor/Class 4

Faraday
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Tom Cassidy » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:31 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 41/58%
JIC: 1d100 = 4/1d20 = 5

Conditions
Conditions:
- 2,240/3,400 Force Field/Construct SDC at the end of this post
- Energy Shield: 29 minutes (141 melees) duration remaining
- Energy Fist: 29 minutes (141 melees) duration remaining
- Invincible Armor: 3 minutes remaining | AR 18, 350 SDC | Regenerates 2d6 SDC per round | half damage from all energy attacks | Complete environmental protection from heat, cold, disease, pollution, toxic gases, fumes, etc. and, provides the wearer with an independent oxygen supply

Tom raises an eyebrow as Brute, Wi-Fi and Moya start joking about portal use. "I'd just like to state for the record that I heartily do not recommend plunging blindly into dimensional portals." He casts a sideways glance at Brute. "I totally give them only a single star on rating websites. Those are still a thing, right?"

Blackhaunt wrote:All electrical hell breaks loose

"Whoa!" Rampart cries out as the screaming starts and throws up a shield dome around himself and Wi-Fi (and Brute/Moya if they're close enough). "Is that a teleportation portal or an instrument of torture? Sounds like he's being re-assembled wrong side out!" I guess it can be a whole lot of both depending on how you work the controls... lady, whatever you're doing you better do it quicker.

Blackhaunt wrote:The smoke settles and the results are in. It worked. Wi-Fi manages to bring the superhero Silicate back from the FluxZone via the now disintegrated FluxPad.

The teen machine stands in front of you, looks you up and down and says "Hnn. Thanks." He rolls his shoulders to stretch, then his neck and then asks "Where's the Owl? And who are you?"

Rampart breathes a sigh of relief as he cancels out the force shield. He's about to say something when Brute sweeps in, hugs Wi-Fi, and addresses the newly-reconstituted superhero.

"What he said," he grins as he jabs a thumb back to Brute. "And what she said too," he adds with a nod to Wi-Fi. "Welcome back to the land of the living, friend... 'Silicate,' am I right? You're in a standard-issue supervillain underground hideout, complete with trendy Japanese-speaking operating system. What's the last thing you remember?"
Tom Cassidy

PreviousNext

Return to Adventures