OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

In Century Station Operation Overlord has begun, villains beware!

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Blackhaunt » Fri May 29, 2020 9:42 pm

Image

The Omega Base
Location: 616 Grayson Street, Retropolis, Yesterday Park
Size: One City Block.

Bedrooms:
1: Crucible
2: Unoccupied
3: Unoccupied
4: Unoccupied
5: Unoccupied
6: Unoccupied
7: Wi-Fi
8: Unoccupied
9: Unoccupied
10: Sentinel
11: Sentinel
12: Sentinel
13: Sentinel
14: Sentinel
15: Unoccupied
16: Barricade
17: Brute
18: Rook
Each bedroom, 1 to 7 and 9 to 18 are a spacious Fifteen foot by Twenty foot space. Including a bed, dresser, desk, computer, side table and alarm clock. Each bedroom has a small bathroom including a corner shower, toilet and sink. There are no bathtubs in the building anywhere.
Bedroom 8 is for the main leader of the Omegas and is much larger.
Each room has a lock on the door and each person has their own key into the rooms.

General Areas of the Omega Base:
19: A general access hallway between the bedrooms (1 to 18), the Gym (20), and living area (32).

20: Full sized gym including free weights, sparing mats and boxing ring and other such training machines. Overhead is a oval shaped track for running with a small staircase leading to it.
Includes:
    Automated Racquet-Ball launcher rigged to Targetting system [200 payload] installed in Gym (or perhaps moveable to allow for use w Gymnastics area, Climbing Walls, and/or Sparring area to allow those w super-speed/reflexes to train and maintain)

21: A full sized pool with low and high diving boards for those that swim to keep in shape.

22: A full memorial hedge garden with statues of the fallen Omegas of the past to remind us of who died so that we may live.
Statues:
Amber
Coldsnap
Enigma
Flashfire
Ghost II
James Peacecroft
Mason
Pooka
Spectre
Steele
Titan

23: (not marked but located in the upper left hand side of the garage) Elevator leading to the second floor hanger bay. Three helicopters reside within the hangerbay. One for each team.

24: Large garage area that can fit a maximum of 30 vehicles (currently holds 3 APCs and personal vehicles for the team members). Includes a full repair bay and car lift for those who like to work on the vehicles.

25: The Omegas war room. Large Citynet display screen with massive computer systems. Two smaller two man computer terminals on either side. Two full holographic displays are located on either side of the Large Citynet display screen. This room is encoded so only the team leaders and their seconds in command have access. Also contains a small medbay.

26: This is a public conference room should the Omegas need to make a statement to the Media, Mayor, etc etc.

27: A full sized armory including extra weapons, explosives, Omega Suits, ammunition, and all the other items that may be needed but kept under lock and key. A full high-tech workbench is located inside with a full cabinet of components for crafting. There is a secret exit in the armory. The ceiling irises open allowing the Baron to fly out.
Armory Details
Vault Door (3" thick steel door)
--SDC: 500
Vault Walls:
--SDC: 500 each (all sides)
Stored:
Spare Headset Mics
Spare Omega Suits
Integral E-clip recharging station tied into the grid (5 recharging ports)
(3) MP-5 Sub-Machineguns
(3) S&W 12 Gauge Shotguns
(20) Beretta 9mm Pistols
(20) Pepper Spray Canisters
(20) Spring-Loaded, Collapsible Billy Clubs
(20) Suits of Point Blank armor (A.R.: 13, SDC: 120)
(5) Laser Rifles (Range: 1800', Damage: 5d6, RoF: Single shot, Payload: 20 shots)

28: Security room for the Armory. The armor itself is a sealed vault requiring a retinal scan to be used to gain access. The security room itself has monitors for the entire Omega base (not including the bedrooms) and security programs controlling the automated defenses outside the building.
Security Room Details:
Vault Door w/5-digit alphanumeric cipher lock (3" thick steel door)
--SDC: 500
Vault Walls:
--SDC: 500 each (all sides)

29: A full pantry/Larder. Stocked with a good ammount of food and full wine racks.

30: A massive dining room with three tables for the three teams of the Omegas.

31: A fully stocked kitchen and laundry facility.

32: The Common Room: 4 skeeball game machines. 2 classic arcade game machines. 3 Massive citynet terminals. A large, all-purpose confrence table with chairs. A fully stocked bar. Fully stocked bookshelves. A large citynet monitor. A couch and five chairs. And even a fully stocked coke machine. This room is where the Omegas live when they are not fighting crime or Sleeping. Enjoy the room.

Outside the base:
Surrounding the base is a massive two foot thick wall made of reinforced concrete standing ten feet high. Security cameras are posted every fifty feet and motion sensor lights every 75. Scanners are posted every 150 feet around the outside of the base that are linked to the security computers, allowing the automated defenses to automatically defend the base against hostile attacks on the base.

Security:
Retinal Scanners located at the main gate to the grounds, armory and security room, war room, and garage.

Automated defensive turrets (hidden in the ground until they are needed.)

Bio scanners at the entrances of the building keyed to the Omegas.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RETROPOLIS
Date: Friday, April 3rd, 2043
Weather: Outside: Sunny, warm, bright (66 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 9:00 am
Musical Accompaniment: Bjork - It's Not Up To You

The Omegas wake up knowing that today is the start of a new era. After the press conference today, they will be a household name. After all of the blood, sweat and tears put into this team, some hard-earned recognition is due.

The first thing the Omegas notice upon entering their common room in the morning is the presence of one Lance Steele, Omega Liaison, friend to no one, lover of waffles. "Morning. Hope you don't mind I helped myself to the toaster waffles in your freezer. Of course you don't. I'm the reason they're there. None of you grocery shop." He finishes his bite, wipes his mouth with a napkin and stands up to address you. "Today's the big day. There's already a small crowd gathered outside. The podium and a small stage are set up for you in the garage driveway. Chairs are set for journalists. There's a screen set to display your new logo as well as as to project... well, you. There will be non-media hovering around the gates, so to prevent folks attempting to sneak in and getting hurt, we'll just bring the show to them. I know we've got the conference room and everything, but this is set for maximum visibility." When he sees Brute, he asks "You ready for this? You got your speech ready and everything?"

Notably absent are Spiderweb, Moya Thunderbird and Faraday. Their rooms are empty as is Faraday's presence in his lab. If asked about it, Lance Steele replies "One of them has some medical we need to run. Another is on a flight to China as we speak. The other, we had some...questions for. You can figure out which."

What are you doing?

Crucible: Pick a room.
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 834
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:39 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: CENTURY STATION

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Crucible » Sat May 30, 2020 6:06 am

Perception Bonus: 31%/56% to recognise the arcane 1d100 = 73
JIC 1d20 = 4 1d100 = 40


Matthew claims bedroom 1, right in the corner and well away from everybody. He opens up the window and allows Silver inside, who flies onto a perch.

"Another new place Silver," Matthew talks to his familiar, as he tries to settle in, "might be here a while, so best get used to it." He unpacks everything neatly and in set places, ready to be able to pack again quickly. He shines up his boots before settling down for the night. With his endurance, he does not need much sleep, but who knew what tomorrow would bring. A good soldier made sure they were ready at a moment's notice.

In the morning as everything is being set up, he lets Silver out and sends her to keep watch from the sky. He takes a deep breath before readying himself to go downstairs
Cannot believe that they are making me do this. A fricking superhero. I really hope these artefacts are worth it.


Blackhaunt wrote:The first thing the Omegas notice upon entering their common room in the morning is the presence of one Lance Steele, Omega Liaison, friend to no one, lover of waffles. "Morning. Hope you don't mind I helped myself to the toaster waffles in your freezer. Of course you don't. I'm the reason they're there. None of you grocery shop." He finishes his bite, wipes his mouth with a napkin and stands up to address you. "Today's the big day. There's already a small crowd gathered outside. The podium and a small stage are set up for you in the garage driveway. Chairs are set for journalists. There's a screen set to display your new logo as well as as to project... well, you. There will be non-media hovering around the gates, so to prevent folks attempting to sneak in and getting hurt, we'll just bring the show to them. I know we've got the conference room and everything, but this is set for maximum visibility."



Matthew appears in the common room in full costume, except for his hood being pulled back to show his face. He continues to wear the wraparound shades.
If any OMEGAs arrive that he has not yet been introduced to, he will hold out his hand with a friendly smile.

"Hello, we've not been introduced yet. I'm Crucible!"

When Brute arrives, he waits for him to get settled before asking a question;

"How do you want us to present ourselves? Full combat gear or make it as civilian friendly as possible." He has done a few civilian interactions in the past, but it depended on the image Brute wanted them to present.
viewtopic.php?f=964&t=17657

OOC Comments
PPE: 706
HP: 46
SDC: 71
Age: 27
Sex: Male
Height: 6 ft 3
Weight: 210lbs
Description: Tall, well built, muscular, with long flowing robes that cover his body. In civilian clothes, wavy brown hair cut military short, wears large shades to cover his left eye, with slightly weathered skin. Average looking with a strange false left eye. often seen carrying a book of various different subjects.

Eye of Odin
20/20 vision, Nightvision (600', constant, no cost)), See Aura (constant, no cost), See the Invisible (constant, no cost)
User avatar
Crucible
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:22 pm

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Brute » Sat May 30, 2020 12:03 pm

Perception: 51% 1d100 = 95

JIC: 1d20 = 15
1d100 = 80

Clint sleeps uneasily. His last attempt at public speaking - in a school assembly, had had mixed results, and anxiety over the press conference left his sleep fitful and broken.

Since that time, he'd spent some time learning public speaking tricks and strategies, as well as reviewing his performance for areas for improvement, and had come to the conclusion that he may do better when he's not speaking off the cuff. To that end, he'd spent nearly an entire day writing his remarks for the press conference, agonizing over wording and rhythm, and rehearsing to himself in his head, and aloud in his room. His nerves were only somewhat abated.

He sat ungainly up in bed, his muscles aching with the familiar dull throbbing he felt all day, every day since gaining his powers. He briefly massaged his thighs and calves before gingerly standing, and shuffling to his private bathroom to pop some painkillers.

A quick shower, alternating near-scalding and frigid water, had him ready to face the day. Dried off, shaved, hair combed, and dressed in a sparkling-new Omega suit - with a slight smell to it (Thanks, CHIMERA), Clint Jackson (high school dropout and former homeless person) was camera-ready.

What am I doing? I have no business leading a press conference! Much less leading the Omegas! I'm the least qualified person here! What the F?

With butterflies in his stomach, he painfully kneels for a quick prayer to Odin before grabbing his speech and leaving his room to get some breakfast. When he sees Steele and Crucible in the kitchen he forces a smile.

"Morning."

Lance Steele wrote:"You ready for this? You got your speech ready and everything?"


Clint nods, patting the pocket with the speech folded up inside. "Right here, in case I need to refer to it. I hope I don't... I worked hard to memorize it."

Crucible wrote:"How do you want us to present ourselves? Full combat gear or make it as civilian friendly as possible."


"Omega suits... no visible weapons will be fine. Let's all be Officer Friendly today. I understand some Omegas will be choosing to wear masks... I'm fine with that too if you have one to wear. I understand folks wanting to protect their families."

When Brute notices three Omegas missing, he inquires with Lance Steele, who informs him of the underlying reasons. I'll make a note to leave them out when I roll-call the troops for the press... He pulls out his speech and scratches through a few lines.




OOC: All Omegas please add this to their equipment sheet:

Code: Select all
[b]Omega Field Kit[/b]
[list][*]Collapsible fiberglass nightstick - 1D6 Damage
[*] (2) Dosimeter clip badge
[*] (20) Disposable gloves
[*] (30) Evidence bags
[*] First Aid Kit
[*] Flashlight
[*] Fold-able gas mask
[*] Multitool
[*] (5) Signal flares
[*] (6) Zip ties[/list]
Brute

Normal Form
AR: 0
HP: 45/45
SDC: 186/186

Monstrous Form
AR: 13
HP: 40/40
SDC: 846/846

Motion detector, 20’ radius range
Predator’s hearing (+2 Initiative, 8X Normal)

Omega Suit v3.1.7
OOC Comments
S.D.C. by Location:
  • Arms: 90 each
  • Legs: 100 each
  • Main Body: 250
  • *Body Camera: 15
Weight: 6 lbs
Modifiers:
  • AR: 17
  • *Body Camera (-2 to strike via aimed shot only)
Features:
  • Hyper-mimetic alloy fibers change size and molecular composition to fit wearer regardless of APS powers, shape or size changes.
  • Built-in short range encrypted radio transceiver (Omega freq only).
  • Built-in RFID transponder for C.S.P.D. verifies wearer is a Centurion to all C.S.P.D. and their precise GPS location within 20'
  • Body Camera located in center of chest.
  • Anti-Tamper system
  • Wrist mounted computer - allows real-time tracking of Omega agents in the field
User avatar
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 673
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:48 am
Location: Starkville, MS

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Wi-Fi » Sun May 31, 2020 6:33 am

Perception: 1d100 = 93/ 62%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 44

The Omegas wake up knowing that today is the start of a new era. After the press conference today, they will be a household name. After all of the blood, sweat and tears put into this team, some hard-earned recognition is due.


That will last 15 minutes. she thought, We will always be a second-string at best.but better to not be the top dog. We get the job done and that is easier to do without a spotlight on us. Wi-Fi was always and likely would be a cynic at heart always looking gift horses in the mouth as Kelly told her once. Still, there was hope for once they might get a break. She also felt safer knowing people like Clint were around,. It gave her hope for a better future.

After a shower and looking at the government issue flashlight puts it with it in the kit. She does the favor of one she bought for the older kit. the smaller tactical which is carried in addition too it. It also looked more civilian friendly and was commonly seen. It occurred to her to keep the Fab Five in her quarters. Wi-Fi was not sure how they would react to flashing lights when not in combat.

As for the new suit, it looked alright. The red made her look heavier and she was not happy about that. the easy fix was put her long coat and hood over it with goggles. The suit could not see passive IR that was a feature to fix later though and easily fixed with optics. Despite the press, she did not feel like going fully unarmed. Only 3 of the weapons turned out. Faulty parts or poor craftwork it did not matter the fourth was a no go. She was not Kelly Anne Winslow, Master engineer, and a royal pain in her ass when she needed a good kick.

"one day I will be as good as her at fixing you guys." she told Stubby who was at her foot. The bot once looked up at her and went back to waiting to stub her toe or guard her. The bot was loyal through and when needed were there blasting away. Some of DLL's work was still there and worth looking at to learn from and learn from she intended to.

The first thing the Omegas notice upon entering their common room in the morning is the presence of one Lance Steele, Omega Liaison, friend to no one, lover of waffles. "Morning. hope you don't mind I helped myself to the toaster waffles in your freezer. Of course you don't. I'm the reason they're there. None of you grocery shop." He finishes his bite, wipes his mouth with a napkin and stands up to address you. "Today's the big day. There's already a small crowd gathered outside. The podium and a small stage are set up for you in the garage driveway. Chairs are set for journalists. There's a screen set to display your new logo as well as as to project... well, you. There will be non-media hovering around the gates, so to prevent folks attempting to sneak in and getting hurt, we'll just bring the show to them. I know we've got the conference room and everything, but this is set for maximum visibility." When he sees Brute, he asks "You ready for this? You got your speech ready and everything?"


"I would not stop a man from enjoying the Waffle. It is the breakfast Master Race...far superior to the pancake. I grocery shop, I have a bar fridge full of Pizza Pops and Green Ice in my room." she smiles, "Can't say I am a fan of crowds. Lance. I prefer working from the shadows. Fewer questions and more results that do not end up on TikTok or Twitter. Eh, the conference room is a terrible color anyway. The volume and tone of the conference room remind of Dubstep. Plus less security risk keeping people outside. Do you know how many hints these people leave around that can give Identities away?" she grins.

"Morning."


Clint nods, patting the pocket with the speech folded up inside. "Right here, in case I need to refer to it. I hope I don't... I worked hard to memorize it."

"Omega suits... no visible weapons will be fine. Let's all be Officer Friendly today. I understand some Omegas will be choosing to wear masks... I'm fine with that too if you have one to wear. I understand folks wanting to protect their families."


"You will do fine.," she told him placing a hand on his forearm, "Just be you and don't worry. People can sense worry a mile away, even through a camera. If it helps I could program a light show for Stubby and the spider bots? now getting them to dance would be a challenge...and they don't look good in showgirl dresses or bikini. And this red is not good for me. I wonder if Jean Grey ever felt this way?" she added with a grin.

looking at Crucible, "if you are worried about open weapons just use holsters with covers or carry sidearms only. Most of us on stage have abilities for more dangerous than firearms. I wear the coat for weapons cover and the camera does add 10 pounds." she adds.
Last edited by Wi-Fi on Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
Bonuses in green apply only when force aura is active.
PPE: 15
ISP: 94/140
HP: 30 (34 with aura)
SDC: 47 (260)
Aura: 240/260 (Aura also gives superhuman strength)
Swarm status: 5 (all healthy)
Stubby/Rover/Sparky/Nameless #1/Nameless #2
SDC: 50/50/50/50/50
TRS-13
SDC: 50
AR: 6

CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
Image
[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points
• Integrated IRMSS: 20,000 credits to recharge (R:UE, p.263)
Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: sidearm, magazine, E-clip, grenade, canteen, food ration pack, minor items or individual tools.

• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low Lethality)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low Lethality)
• Attachment: Flash Pack
• Attachment: Flash Pack
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack

Omega Field Kit
Collapsible fiberglass nightstick - 1D6 Damage
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
• Range: Melee
• Damage: None. This gloves discharge an energy charge that short circuits the nervous system. Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry and dodge for 2d4 melee rounds.
A successful saving throw means the person has successfully fought off the effect and is unimpaired. Roll to save against each strike. Saving throw versus toxins.
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only, five shots total per melee
• Payload: 10/10 shots per charge (no clip)[/size]
User avatar
Wi-Fi
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 716
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:28 am

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Crucible » Sun May 31, 2020 7:54 am

rolls carried


Brute wrote:"Omega suits... no visible weapons will be fine. Let's all be Officer Friendly today. I understand some Omegas will be choosing to wear masks... I'm fine with that too if you have one to wear. I understand folks wanting to protect their families."


"I'll have to get mine fitted shortly then, but also I will be wearing the robes over it, with mask and hood," he explains, "I presume that won't be an issue?

Cover the face and shine up the boots

Wi-Fi wrote:looking at Crucible, "if you are worried about open weapons just use holsters with covers or carry sidearms only. Most of us on stage have abilities for more dangerous than firearms. I wear the coat for weapons cover and the camera does add 10 pounds." she adds.


"As you can see," he gestures to the robes he is wearing, "I already cover up."

No rifle, pistol in
viewtopic.php?f=964&t=17657

OOC Comments
PPE: 706
HP: 46
SDC: 71
Age: 27
Sex: Male
Height: 6 ft 3
Weight: 210lbs
Description: Tall, well built, muscular, with long flowing robes that cover his body. In civilian clothes, wavy brown hair cut military short, wears large shades to cover his left eye, with slightly weathered skin. Average looking with a strange false left eye. often seen carrying a book of various different subjects.

Eye of Odin
20/20 vision, Nightvision (600', constant, no cost)), See Aura (constant, no cost), See the Invisible (constant, no cost)
User avatar
Crucible
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:22 pm

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Rook » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:23 pm

Location: Omega HQ
Condition: Good, I think

Perception 27%: 1d100 = 50
JIC D20: 1d20 = 13
JIC D100: 1d100 = 93

"Excuse me, something tells me that you are one of my new teammates," he holds out his hand, "Matthew, pleased to meet you."


A little startled, hazing half-dozed for a few moments as fatigue started to creep in, Sasha jerks upright from the table, letting out a soft squeak! Blearily she rubs her face then offers a tired-seeming half-smile.

"Ahh, hello there.. I seem to remember hearing we were getting another team-mate. Or, read rather." the blonde murmurs, accepting the hand and giving it a shake. "I'm Sasha, or Rook while out there doing the whole hero-y thing." she then offers. After the handshake, she blushes a touch. "Err, sorry.. I was working out earlier, my hand is a little sweaty.. I haven't had the chance to get cleaned up."

Withdrawing her hand, the young-seeming blonde reaches for her open can of cola, taking a sip of it to help moisten her dry throat. "The email said something about being a spell-caster?" Sasha then inquires, brows raising a little to emphasize her curiosity.


The first thing the Omegas notice upon entering their common room in the morning is the presence of one Lance Steele, Omega Liaison, friend to no one, lover of waffles. "Morning. Hope you don't mind I helped myself to the toaster waffles in your freezer. Of course you don't. I'm the reason they're there. None of you grocery shop." He finishes his bite, wipes his mouth with a napkin and stands up to address you. "Today's the big day. There's already a small crowd gathered outside. The podium and a small stage are set up for you in the garage driveway. Chairs are set for journalists. There's a screen set to display your new logo as well as as to project... well, you. There will be non-media hovering around the gates, so to prevent folks attempting to sneak in and getting hurt, we'll just bring the show to them. I know we've got the conference room and everything, but this is set for maximum visibility." When he sees Brute, he asks "You ready for this? You got your speech ready and everything?"


Sasha, carrying her daughter in her arms, stops near the table while eyeing Mr Steele through slightly narrowed gaze. Settling Diana down in a chair and giving her hair a little tussle, the young woman moves around and heads towards the kitchen area to make something for herself and the child.

"If I didn't grocery shop, Diana would probably go hungry." she mutters to herself before disappearing into the adjoining room.

The thought of the press conference, however, leaves a bit of a sick feeling in Sasha's stomach. This was NOT her sort of thing. Once in the kitchen, she leans against the counter for a long moment, drawing in deep breaths while trying to quel the anxiety. Eventually, Sasha manages to calm herself enough to dig out breakfast - multi-grain 'Cheeri-ahs' and some grapes for her daughter, and perfectly toasted WAFFLES for herself, drenched in (probably faux) maple syrup.

Fixing a smile to her face, Sasha steps back out into the common room and makes her way back over to the table, setting Diana's food down in front of her, then taking the seat next to. After fastening a bib around the little girls neck, Sasha puts the bowl of grapes close enough for the toddler to reach then starts to munch on her waffles. While eating, she takes in the others around the room, listening carefully, but also making sure Diana doesn't start flinging the small fruity orbs, or her cereal, around.
User avatar
Rook
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:54 pm
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Wi-Fi » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:49 pm

"I'll have to get mine fitted shortly then, but also I will be wearing the robes over it, with mask and hood," he explains, "I presume that won't be an issue?

"As you can see," he gestures to the robes he is wearing, "I already cover-up."


"I stayed up most of the night doing gear dying and doing some basic electronics. The old nest gear is now Omega colored." she grinned with pride, "And for the most part it was good. Even put some effort into upgrades. I think I have them up to spec. But the funny part is it took longer to clean the dye and spray paint off of me." she shrugged"It was easier with the spider-bots in my room instead of the Armory for the night. I should probably re-clean it up. No one likes to work around someone else's mess and Stubby is probably ready to laser the door and look for me. I really need to check his A.I. program. Anyone needs me, just give a call." she grins. After she leaves the kitchen and unlocks her door. Stubby looked up and was joined by his pack-mates. The bots were indeed quick to go to her. Stubby looked at her and then followed as she went to clean up.
Image
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
Bonuses in green apply only when force aura is active.
PPE: 15
ISP: 94/140
HP: 30 (34 with aura)
SDC: 47 (260)
Aura: 240/260 (Aura also gives superhuman strength)
Swarm status: 5 (all healthy)
Stubby/Rover/Sparky/Nameless #1/Nameless #2
SDC: 50/50/50/50/50
TRS-13
SDC: 50
AR: 6

CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
Image
[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points
• Integrated IRMSS: 20,000 credits to recharge (R:UE, p.263)
Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: sidearm, magazine, E-clip, grenade, canteen, food ration pack, minor items or individual tools.

• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low Lethality)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low Lethality)
• Attachment: Flash Pack
• Attachment: Flash Pack
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack

Omega Field Kit
Collapsible fiberglass nightstick - 1D6 Damage
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
• Range: Melee
• Damage: None. This gloves discharge an energy charge that short circuits the nervous system. Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry and dodge for 2d4 melee rounds.
A successful saving throw means the person has successfully fought off the effect and is unimpaired. Roll to save against each strike. Saving throw versus toxins.
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only, five shots total per melee
• Payload: 10/10 shots per charge (no clip)[/size]
User avatar
Wi-Fi
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 716
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:28 am

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Crucible » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:44 pm

rolls carried

Rook wrote:A little startled, hazing half-dozed for a few moments as fatigue started to creep in, Sasha jerks upright from the table, letting out a soft squeak! Blearily she rubs her face then offers a tired-seeming half-smile.

"Ahh, hello there.. I seem to remember hearing we were getting another team-mate. Or, read rather." the blonde murmurs, accepting the hand and giving it a shake. "I'm Sasha, or Rook while out there doing the whole hero-y thing." she then offers. After the handshake, she blushes a touch. "Err, sorry.. I was working out earlier, my hand is a little sweaty.. I haven't had the chance to get cleaned up.


Matthew gives Sasha an amused chuckle and does not seem bothered.

"Sorry I did not mean to startle you. I've served on multiple continents, many of them many hot and disabled devices made from some interesting components. A bit of sweat does not bother me. May I join you?" he gestures to another seat at the table.

Assuming Sasha agrees, he pulls back the chair and sits down, leaning forward slightly.

"In the field, my code name is Crucible," he explains, "though if you can come up with a better nickname than Crucie, I'd appreciate it."

Rook wrote:Withdrawing her hand, the young-seeming blonde reaches for her open can of cola, taking a sip of it to help moisten her dry throat. "The email said something about being a spell-caster?" Sasha then inquires, brows raising a little to emphasize her curiosity.


"Yeah, I got included in that email as well," he chuckles again and rubs his chin, which was just starting to show a five o'clock shadow "kinda was we have lots of things to consider and by the way, we have a new guy, who cast spells." He leans forward a little more and Matthew holds out his hand over the table, his forehead furrows with concentration, though a lot more than he needs to for the simple spell. A small globe of bright light appears in the air, hovering in place a few feet above Matthew's palm. The room itself is brightened considerably as if it were now a bright sunshiny summer day inside the building. The globe then starts moving at a walking pace around the room, doing a couple of laps and a slow loop de loop.

Press Conference Day

Wi-Fi wrote:"I stayed up most of the night doing gear dying and doing some basic electronics. The old nest gear is now Omega colored." she grinned with pride,


"Thank you. Certainly looks better than my efforts, but what is or was Nest?" Matthew wanders over to the fridge as he speaks to grab a drink. A soldier lives on their stomach, so he was grabbing what he could when he could. Hopefully the food would be better than the mess.


Rook wrote:Fixing a smile to her face, Sasha steps back out into the common room and makes her way back over to the table, setting Diana's food down in front of her, then taking the seat next to. After fastening a bib around the little girls neck, Sasha puts the bowl of grapes close enough for the toddler to reach then starts to munch on her waffles. While eating, she takes in the others around the room, listening carefully, but also making sure Diana doesn't start flinging the small fruity orbs, or her cereal, around.


"Morning Sasha," he waves, whilst mentally preparing a telekinesis spell in case the toddler did start tossing food around; he'd seen his sister's kids at that age and usually the area was like a demilitarised zone afterwards.
viewtopic.php?f=964&t=17657

OOC Comments
PPE: 706
HP: 46
SDC: 71
Age: 27
Sex: Male
Height: 6 ft 3
Weight: 210lbs
Description: Tall, well built, muscular, with long flowing robes that cover his body. In civilian clothes, wavy brown hair cut military short, wears large shades to cover his left eye, with slightly weathered skin. Average looking with a strange false left eye. often seen carrying a book of various different subjects.

Eye of Odin
20/20 vision, Nightvision (600', constant, no cost)), See Aura (constant, no cost), See the Invisible (constant, no cost)
User avatar
Crucible
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:22 pm

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Wi-Fi » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:55 pm

Press Day:
Kitchen:
"Thank you. Certainly looks better than my efforts, but what is or was Nest?" Matthew wanders over to the fridge as he speaks to grab a drink. A soldier lives on their stomach, so he was grabbing what he could when he could. Hopefully, the food would be better than the mess.


She pauses at the door looks slightly sad a second, then looks to Crucible "Was, Nest was the group of scrappy vigilantes I was in before being here. They were mostly ex-soldiers and military-trained people. Three or four others and I were the token civilians. The group was wiped except for four of us. The Nest was like family. those of us left still keep in touch." the mutant pause.

"Well, I have to make sure the armory is clean. been nice talking." then left. (heading to her room to check on the spider bots/clean up and then off to the armory)
Last edited by Wi-Fi on Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
Bonuses in green apply only when force aura is active.
PPE: 15
ISP: 94/140
HP: 30 (34 with aura)
SDC: 47 (260)
Aura: 240/260 (Aura also gives superhuman strength)
Swarm status: 5 (all healthy)
Stubby/Rover/Sparky/Nameless #1/Nameless #2
SDC: 50/50/50/50/50
TRS-13
SDC: 50
AR: 6

CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
Image
[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points
• Integrated IRMSS: 20,000 credits to recharge (R:UE, p.263)
Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: sidearm, magazine, E-clip, grenade, canteen, food ration pack, minor items or individual tools.

• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low Lethality)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low Lethality)
• Attachment: Flash Pack
• Attachment: Flash Pack
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack

Omega Field Kit
Collapsible fiberglass nightstick - 1D6 Damage
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
• Range: Melee
• Damage: None. This gloves discharge an energy charge that short circuits the nervous system. Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry and dodge for 2d4 melee rounds.
A successful saving throw means the person has successfully fought off the effect and is unimpaired. Roll to save against each strike. Saving throw versus toxins.
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only, five shots total per melee
• Payload: 10/10 shots per charge (no clip)[/size]
User avatar
Wi-Fi
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 716
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:28 am

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Tom Cassidy » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:06 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 46/63%
JIC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 90

The night before, Tom lays out his Omega suit on the worktable in the Armory and busies himself with adding accessories such as a tactical harness (another prototype that had been sent to him for testing, though the notes on the integrated 'emergency medical nanobot system' caused a raised eyebrow more than once as he read over it), holsters for his pistol/dart gun, ammo pouches, etc., as well as some hard plates strategically placed on joints/forearms/shins. After his time in Merctown he just feels more comfortable with some added armor plate -- not that the Omega suit seemed to really need it, that is. Tom can't help but give a low whistle as he reviews the suit's specs. Yep, this monkey suit beats the snot out of the old star-spangled spandex any day of the week. And not a stitch of white anywhere. I think I'm gonna like being an Omega.

The next morning he gets up, does his morning exercise routine (push ups, sit ups, stretches, etc.), hits the shower, and throws on a t-shirt and sweats for the time being. No point in putting on the monkey suit until closer to the event. Let's see what's on the spit for breakfast...

Blackhaunt wrote:The first thing the Omegas notice upon entering their common room in the morning is the presence of one Lance Steele, Omega Liaison, friend to no one, lover of waffles. "Morning. Hope you don't mind I helped myself to the toaster waffles in your freezer. Of course you don't. I'm the reason they're there. None of you grocery shop." He finishes his bite, wipes his mouth with a napkin and stands up to address you. "Today's the big day. There's already a small crowd gathered outside. The podium and a small stage are set up for you in the garage driveway. Chairs are set for journalists. There's a screen set to display your new logo as well as as to project... well, you. There will be non-media hovering around the gates, so to prevent folks attempting to sneak in and getting hurt, we'll just bring the show to them. I know we've got the conference room and everything, but this is set for maximum visibility."


"So the suit in the hologram is flesh and blood after all..." Tom smirks. I think I liked you better when I thought you were the figment of some computer's imagination. "That's the problem with being declared legally dead..." he says as he pulls some more waffles out of the freezer and slides them in the toaster. "You stop getting paychecks, and that makes grocery runs rather impractical. Besides, I haven't figured out where the nearest Trader Schmoe's or Whole Paycheck Market is around here."

Brute wrote:"Omega suits... no visible weapons will be fine. Let's all be Officer Friendly today. I understand some Omegas will be choosing to wear masks... I'm fine with that too if you have one to wear. I understand folks wanting to protect their families."


Tom snorts at the 'Officer Friendly' reference while he's mixing up some peanut butter and syrup to go over his waffles. My old captain loved that term. Think I was tired of it after the first month. "Full Toothless Monkey Suit. Got it."

Wi-Fi wrote:"You will do fine.," she told him placing a hand on his forearm, "Just be you and don't worry. People can sense worry a mile away, even through a camera. If it helps I could program a light show for Stubby and the spider bots? now getting them to dance would be a challenge...and they don't look good in showgirl dresses or bikini. And this red is not good for me. I wonder if Jean Grey ever felt this way?" she added with a grin.


"Hey, no way you could do worse than me, chief..." Tom adds. "Night before our SLJ West presser, I got talked into eating two dozen raw oysters. Woke up sick as a dog that morning. Threw up all over Fitzgibbons' shoes about 15 minutes before it started. Got everything cleaned up just in time but honestly I think he's still a little mad at me over that. So just keep your breakfast on the inside and you're golden." He flashes him a thumbs-up.

When his waffles are done, he puts them down in the mix and grabs himself a glass of milk to go with it. He takes a seat at the table along with the others (giving Diana a wave and a smile). "So, Agent Steele... what kind of 'non-media' types can we expect playing crowd control today? And is there any news of Lacuna, Doodles or Divine?"
User avatar
Tom Cassidy
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:24 pm
Location: Heroes Unlimited: Century Station

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Sentinel » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:35 pm

Sentinel
Location: Sentinels Quarters then dayroom to see LANCE steal the show!

Perception: 1d100 = 3 /74% (+15% to recognizing the arcane,+15% regarding technology)
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 17/ D100 JiC: / 1d100 = 75

Skills:
Used below with each section:
(Summary)

Yellow Dragon
OOC Comments
Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin, English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu
P.P.E.: 450/450 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 743/743 AR: 16
Spell reference at this Link

Conditions: Immune to Magic, Melee, Illusions, Possession, Poison, Drugs, And Disease. Mind Block Auto-Defense. Does not tire. Half damage from Cold. Radiates no heat and is invisible to infrared and heat sensors. Immune to pressure; solid stone. Regenerates 6d6 SDC/Melee. Magic (also items), Psionics, Supernatural, Seismic, and Dimensional/Teleportation Detection.
Awe and/or Horror Factor 14: Enemies must roll a 15 or higher on a twenty-sided die to avoid being momentarily awestruck. A failed roll means the individual loses initiative, one of his melee attacks. In this case, roll each melee round in which the character with the divine aura is attacked or speaks.

Spells:
Butcher Bill:

May notice a divine radiance coming from Sentinel and his voice a bit more compelling to the ears.

A computer in the corner of the meditating golem’s room beeps its last beep finally getting onto his nearly impenetrable nerves. Fine. he thinks flatly opening the browser with a stony clack of a finger on a key.

Brute wrote: Clint shakes his head. No matter. "I... I was homeless for a while before I got my powers. People took care of me, made sure I stayed fed. Now that I have some money, I'm repaying the favor."


A peculiar feeling of motion felt through the floor alerts him that others are gathering nearby, Is that in the common room? What an odd thing to feel so keenly. he thinks feeling the frequency of vibrations quite strongly. He reads over the message quickly before responding, ”Excellent Mr. Jackson. Would you be opposed to my focusing of aid on the region of your childhood? I feel it would strengthen the City’s resolve in supporting the Omega’s if one of their own was giving back and was a Super. Not that you aren’t. I applaud your generosity, though more could be done that is visible.” he hits a hotkey sending off the message. Bias and stigmas as they are, I will need all the leverage I can muster. he thinks on his future machinations while heading out the door and around the corner to the common room. Counting those present he realizes he already knew from their footsteps in from the previous room and one he counts is a new figure in robes speaking to Brute.

Crucible wrote: "Hello, we've not been introduced yet. I'm Crucible!"


Ah, so that is the new spell caster. Zheng thinks looking over the robed figure Mr. Jackson described in his email. Walking over ready to introduce himself to a new magical ally he is interrupted momentarily by Mr. Steele’s monologue. Public speaking never bothered the Emperor so undeterred by his comments he introduces himself to the robed figure but was beat by the rest of the team who were already hovering nearby.


Waiting as they ask their questions he listens intently before takes an appropriately opportune moment bowing slightly as is respectful, ”Greetings Mr. Crucible. Indeed we have not met. Fortune favors you as it has become rare to meet a new Omega member outside of a mission. I am Emperor Qin Chi Zheng. My given name Sentinel. What is yours?” he says to Crucible. [Crucible will notice a lack of clothing on the golem, and if he is seeing magic auras he will see an incredibly magic infused aura.]

Awaiting his answer to his own greeting he also greets Rook who he couldn’t recall actually meeting officially outside of the battle where she deftly flew overhead. ”Greetings to you as well, Mrs. Sasha.” He offers in turn to Rook.”And who is this?” he says smiling to the little girl in Rooks's arms before taking an uncustomary knee to lower himself to her height. Invoke Trust: 100%: 1d100 = 47

Hearing Crucibles jest in conversation with Rook about a nickname better than Crucie, a name pops into his head. ”Mrs. Sasha, perhaps you should call him the nickname Cible short for Crucible?” he says playing it off his stony Chinese accented tongue.That does have a succinct ring to it. he thinks nodding to himself.
Yellow Dragon Ledger
OOC Comments
Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin,English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu
P.P.E.: 452/452| H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 AR: 16 Save vs. Awe/Horror:14 (16) for words spoken and each attack against Sentinel
Spell reference at this Link
Ectype 1
Ectype P.P.E.: 452/452 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 Equipment: Mobile Compact Computer/ HUD interface, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 2
Ectype P.P.E.: 452/452 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 Equipment: Robot Repair Kit with sophisticated tools, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 3
Ectype P.P.E.: 452/452 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 Weapon: 40mm MM-1 Multiple Grenade Launcher Equipment: Neckband Radio/ID transponders

ImageImage
User avatar
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:05 pm

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Rook » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:08 pm

(OOC: This thread stuff up top, previous convo with Crucible further down)

(rolls, location and such held-over)

"Morning Sasha," he waves, whilst mentally preparing a telekinesis spell in case the toddler did start tossing food around; he'd seen his sister's kids at that age and usually the area was like a demilitarized zone afterwards.

Sasha looks up, hearing Crucible's voice, and smiles in greeting. "Morning, Crucible. Sleep well your first night here?" she asks, then reaches over to quickly grab the bowl of cereal that Diana was about to push off the table. Not seeing much point in chiding her daughter, the young mother just puts it further in on the table and out of reach for the moment.

Awaiting his answer to his own greeting he also greets Rook who he couldn’t recall actually meeting officially outside of the battle where she deftly flew overhead. ”Greetings to you as well, Mrs. Sasha.” He offers in turn to Rook.”And who is this?” he says smiling to the little girl in Rooks's arms before taking an uncustomary knee to lower himself to her height.


(OOC: Diana is sitting on a chair, not on Rooks lap. Minor thing!)

Having overheard Sentinel's introduction as 'Emperor Qin Chi Zheng', Sasha can't help but be a little wide-eyes. "Err.. yes, good morning Sentinel. Though, uh.. I'm not married. It's miss. Or preferably, Sasha-slash-Rook, depending on the circumstances." Diana meanwhile stares up at Sentinel, rather awed as well, the smiles and reaches out to try and touch him.

"H'llo mister!" the toddler chirps, then offers Sentinel a grape which draws a little grin from Sasha.

"She isn't much of a talker, so she must trust you a great deal. And after that last mission, I do as well.. you pulled our butts out of the fire." Sasha explains, then smiles to her daughter. "Her name is Diana, after one of her great aunts."

Hearing Crucibles jest in conversation with Rook about a nickname better than Crucie, a name pops into his head. ”Mrs. Sasha, perhaps you should call him the nickname Cible short for Crucible?” he says playing it off his stony Chinese accented tongue.That does have a succinct ring to it. he thinks nodding to himself.


At that suggestion, Sasha looks over to Crucible, head tilted slightly. "What do you think? Does Cible work for you?" she inquires, a hint of amusement in her gaze and a bit of a grin curling her lips. "It's certainly shorter, and probably easier to call out over the comms."

Turning her attention back to Sentinel, the young heroine chuckles softly. "He may end up stuck with it whether he likes it or not."


-----

(From previous thread)

Matthew gives Sasha an amused chuckle and does not seem bothered.

"Sorry I did not mean to startle you. I've served on multiple continents, many of them many hot and disabled devices made from some interesting components. A bit of sweat does not bother me. May I join you?" he gestures to another seat at the table.

Assuming Sasha agrees, he pulls back the chair and sits down, leaning forward slightly.


A nod to the nearby chair. "Yeah, sure. I've never left this continent, but I did spend some time in the southern states so I kinda get the whole hot thing." she replies, then gives her wings a little twitch. "Normally a skinny girl like me wouldn't be bother by the heat, but these wings soak up the sunlight like crazy." Sasha adds, glancing over at them for a moment. "Kinda wish they came with built in cooling of some sort."
User avatar
Rook
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:54 pm
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Crucible » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:05 pm

rolls carried

Sentinel wrote:Waiting as they ask their questions he listens intently before takes an appropriately opportune moment bowing slightly as is respectful, ”Greetings Mr. Crucible. Indeed we have not met. Fortune favors you as it has become rare to meet a new Omega member outside of a mission. I am Emperor Qin Chi Zheng. My given name Sentinel. What is yours?” he says to Crucible. [Crucible will notice a lack of clothing on the golem, and if he is seeing magic auras he will see an incredibly magic infused aura.]


Archaeology 60% 1d100 = 73 see if he recognises the name

"An Emperor you say?" Matthew raises an eyebrow and gives a slight smirk, "time travellers and Chinese emperors. Quite an eclectic group here. I am starting to feel like I am fairly ordinary in comparison." His eye, as is its want, constantly scans auras and sees the magic aura.

OOC Comments
If Sentinel is scanning Crucible, he sees a magic infused aura as well, but a powerful glow coming from Crucible's left eye.


"Something strikes me that you know something of the mystical arts?" he asks the immortal Emperor, a hint of curiosity in his voice. Keep running into all kinds here. Think I'll be needing to put together a report for my superiors. Certainly plenty they will want to know about.

Rook wrote:Sasha looks up, hearing Crucible's voice, and smiles in greeting. "Morning, Crucible. Sleep well your first night here?"


"Call me Matthew, not exactly on ceremony here," he calls back, "I've slept in far more unpleasant locations, but still getting used to the feel of the place. Didn't hear anything from the other rooms, so I'm guessing the sound insulation is good here."

Sentinel wrote:”Mrs. Sasha, perhaps you should call him the nickname Cible short for Crucible?”


Rook wrote:At that suggestion, Sasha looks over to Crucible, head tilted slightly. "What do you think? Does Cible work for you?" she inquires, a hint of amusement in her gaze and a bit of a grin curling her lips. "It's certainly shorter, and probably easier to call out over the comms."

Turning her attention back to Sentinel, the young heroine chuckles softly. "He may end up stuck with it whether he likes it or not."


Having lived with, trained and served alongside classically trained wizards and French speakers, that was a word he had come across before, even if he didn't speak the language unless he cast a spell to do.

"Not sure calling me a target or a butt is the best start as a nickname," Matthew's smile does not waver, but he does give Sentinel a little look as he responds as if to say nice try, "It's French," he offers by way of explanation for those who did not know what he was referring to, which he assumed was most of them as French was not a common language in the USA.

Previous day

Rook wrote:A nod to the nearby chair. "Yeah, sure. I've never left this continent, but I did spend some time in the southern states so I kinda get the whole hot thing." she replies, then gives her wings a little twitch. "Normally a skinny girl like me wouldn't be bother by the heat, but these wings soak up the sunlight like crazy." Sasha adds, glancing over at them for a moment. "Kinda wish they came with built in cooling of some sort."


Matthew looks the wings over

"Could you not use them like a fan, at least get the air moving?" he flaps his hands a little bit as a demonstration before quickly stopping. Don't make yourself look an idiot on your first day. "Of course, you know your powers better than I, so that might not work." Noting her apparel, he guessed she had been working out or something similar. Or could be something else, but you won't know if you don't ask.

"What was the training regime? Cardio? Bit of muscle tone?"
viewtopic.php?f=964&t=17657

OOC Comments
PPE: 706
HP: 46
SDC: 71
Age: 27
Sex: Male
Height: 6 ft 3
Weight: 210lbs
Description: Tall, well built, muscular, with long flowing robes that cover his body. In civilian clothes, wavy brown hair cut military short, wears large shades to cover his left eye, with slightly weathered skin. Average looking with a strange false left eye. often seen carrying a book of various different subjects.

Eye of Odin
20/20 vision, Nightvision (600', constant, no cost)), See Aura (constant, no cost), See the Invisible (constant, no cost)
User avatar
Crucible
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:22 pm

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Blackhaunt » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:19 pm

RETROPOLIS
Date: Friday, April 3rd, 2043
Weather: Outside: Sunny, warm, bright (66 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 9:00 am
Musical Accompaniment: Bjork - It's Not Up To You

Tom Cassidy wrote:"So, Agent Steele... what kind of 'non-media' types can we expect playing crowd control today? And is there any news of Lacuna, Doodles or Divine?"


"Good question. We found Divine's Omega Suit in a dumpster in Kerguelen, but not Divine or Doodles. That was a rough start. Glad you made it through the other end. We're still actively searching for Lacuna but in a city full of people we're actively searching for, there's only so much we can do there."

"Hey, how you want to waste your money is up to you. We make sure that your pantry is stocked and your beds are made. It was a hell of a time when you had the werewolf. Hair. Everywhere." Lance Steele checks Crucible out. "You're the new import. Welcome to Century. Looking forward to helping you help our city." He addresses his next comment to the group in general. "Alright kids, it's gonna be showtime soon, I'll leave you to it." Lance heads out and Sentinel notices that the man has his attention buried almost entirely in his phone as he walks out. Yet as he walks and without looking, he points a finger from his right hand, firing off a shard of some sort and spearing a fly mid-flight. The shard clatters to the ground with a TINK TINK TINK metallic sound.

The Omegas mill about their base in preparation for the big event.


THREE HOURS LATER

RETROPOLIS
Date: Thursday, April 2nd, 2043
Weather: Outside: Sunny, warm, bright (69 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 12:00 pm

Omega-suited up and ready to go, the Omegas line up inside the garage with the door closed. The last instructions Lance Steele gave were: "When you hear the Mayor say 'Working endlessly to keep our streets safe', you want to hit the button to open the swinging garage doors. When he says 'present to you The Omegas', you should be walking out of the doors and toward the stage. Up the stairs and line up. Clear?"

The Omegas wait around while various speeches happen outside. Through a vidscreen in the garage, they can see an older man talking about how safe he's felt since he saw The Omegas stop that lava monster near his apartment. They listen to a woman talking about being saved during a liquor store robbery by someone wearing an Omega on their chest. It goes on for about 20 minutes and then the Mayor's speech begins.

"Century Station! We are a strong city and a proud city. We are made of many different philosophies of life, many different beliefs, many different truths. But the one truth that we can all unite behind is the safety of our citizens. We have an unprecedented amount of lowlifes who would use their gifts and talents for evil, not good. Who would take from and harass our good people. This is why we created the Centurions. To stop those who would try to hurt you all. But we found out that one team of superheroes, no matter how strong, how fast, how powerful, will never be enough. There are more threats than we can expect one group to handle. To that end, we have taken a new approach. We found Legionnaires who were willing to go legit. Who were willing to work on the side of the law and with the funding of the Century Station city government to do that work. For the past five months, these heroes have been working endlessly to keep our streets safe. You may have seen them fighting crime in your neighborhood. I, Mayor Dwayne Zardona of Century Station, am excited to present to you... The Omegas!" Music starts playing loudly and a huge cheer can be heard emanating from beyond the garage.

As you walk to and up the stairs for the stage, between the bright flash of cameras, you see the horde of reporters front and center for your big reveal. But more importantly, your stage is high up enough to see beyond the walls surrounding the Omega Base. There are thousands of people filling the streets surrounding you. All of them roaring their approval and excitement, clamoring for the first official look at Century Station's newest Cavaliers. There are large screens along the fence, in the driveway and behind you, angled so that people beyond the fence can see them.

Anyone who rolls a perception roll of 50% or under in their next post notices
The images displayed on half of the video screens is a real-time image of the stage and what you are doing.
The other half of the video screens rotate between:
Image
Image
Image

It looks like Lance Steele and C.H.I.M.E.R.A. weren't just busy upgrading your Omega Suits, but creating a fancy logo for you as well.


After 30 raucous seconds of the streets erupting in applause, the crowd quiets down. Waiting for the first words from their new heroes.


What are you doing?

OOC Comments
Serious and huge thank you to Eric A. for his incredible work on both the Omega Suit design and the Omega Logo! You rock.
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 834
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:39 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: CENTURY STATION

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Wi-Fi » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:33 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 24
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 39

Omega-suited up and ready to go, the Omegas line up inside the garage with the door closed. The last instructions Lance Steele gave were: "When you hear the Mayor say 'Working endlessly to keep our streets safe', you want to hit the button to open the swinging garage doors. When he says 'present to you The Omegas', you should be walking out of the doors and toward the stage. Up the stairs and line up. Clear?"


"Did I leave the stove on?" she wonders for a moment. then pulls up the hood on her jacket. The events and attention were a bit much she knew it was needed. Wi-Fi waited until the last omega went out. Making sure they were all there.

The Omegas wait around while various speeches happen outside. Through a vidscreen in the garage, they can see an older man talking about how safe he's felt since he saw The Omegas stop that lava monster near his apartment. They listen to a woman talking about being saved during a liquor store robbery by someone wearing an Omega on their chest. It goes on for about 20 minutes and then the Mayor's speech begins.

"Century Station! We are a strong city and a proud city. We are made of many different philosophies of life, many different beliefs, many different truths. But the one truth that we can all unite behind is the safety of our citizens. We have an unprecedented amount of lowlifes who would use their gifts and talents for evil, not good. Who would take from and harass our good people. This is why we created the Centurions. To stop those who would try to hurt you all. But we found out that one team of superheroes, no matter how strong, how fast, how powerful, will never be enough. There are more threats than we can expect one group to handle. To that end, we have taken a new approach. We found Legionnaires who were willing to go legit. Who were willing to work on the side of the law and with the funding of the Century Station city government to do that work. For the past five months, these heroes have been working endlessly to keep our streets safe. You may have seen them fighting crime in your neighborhood. I, Mayor Dwayne Zardona of Century Station, am excited to present to you... The Omegas!" Music starts playing loudly and a huge cheer can be heard emanating from beyond the garage.


"Don't spill secrets and stay alert. With press like this, we need to be careful." she reminds the team. Her eyes scanned the crowd for anything out of place and good Sniper spots. probably paranoia she thought looking for flashes of light or open windows. given they had a list of enemies this was an ambush waiting to happen.

As you walk to and up the stairs for the stage, between the bright flash of cameras, you see the horde of reporters front and center for your big reveal. But more importantly, your stage is high up enough to see beyond the walls surrounding the Omega Base. There are thousands of people filling the streets surrounding you. All of them roaring their approval and excitement, clamoring for the first official look at Century Station's newest Cavaliers. There are large screens along the fence, in the driveway and behind you, angled so that people beyond the fence can see them.


"glad I left the spiders in the room. These flashes might have spooked them, I can't wait till this over. I have things to build.." she said to no one quietly. The firearms on her were covered with the long coat so she was less concerned about that.

It looks like Lance Steele and C.H.I.M.E.R.A. weren't just busy upgrading your Omega Suits, but creating a fancy logo for you as well.


It is a nice logo at least. I'll need to get that to Tee-Spring and get that line working. Pretty sure the Plushie line might have to wait.
Image
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
Bonuses in green apply only when force aura is active.
PPE: 15
ISP: 94/140
HP: 30 (34 with aura)
SDC: 47 (260)
Aura: 240/260 (Aura also gives superhuman strength)
Swarm status: 5 (all healthy)
Stubby/Rover/Sparky/Nameless #1/Nameless #2
SDC: 50/50/50/50/50
TRS-13
SDC: 50
AR: 6

CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
Image
[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points
• Integrated IRMSS: 20,000 credits to recharge (R:UE, p.263)
Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: sidearm, magazine, E-clip, grenade, canteen, food ration pack, minor items or individual tools.

• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low Lethality)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low Lethality)
• Attachment: Flash Pack
• Attachment: Flash Pack
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack

Omega Field Kit
Collapsible fiberglass nightstick - 1D6 Damage
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
• Range: Melee
• Damage: None. This gloves discharge an energy charge that short circuits the nervous system. Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry and dodge for 2d4 melee rounds.
A successful saving throw means the person has successfully fought off the effect and is unimpaired. Roll to save against each strike. Saving throw versus toxins.
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only, five shots total per melee
• Payload: 10/10 shots per charge (no clip)[/size]
User avatar
Wi-Fi
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 716
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:28 am

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Brute » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:28 am

Perception: 51% 1d100 = 80 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 15
1d100 = 30

Sentinel wrote:”Excellent Mr. Jackson. Would you be opposed to my focusing of aid on the region of your childhood? I feel it would strengthen the City’s resolve in supporting the Omega’s if one of their own was giving back and was a Super. Not that you aren’t. I applaud your generosity, though more could be done that is visible.”


Clint shakes his head. "Not at all. Any help is appreciated. I just didn't want my name attached because... I'm not looking for PR. I just want... I just wanna do a nice thing and not make a big deal of it."




Lance Steele wrote: "When you hear the Mayor say 'Working endlessly to keep our streets safe', you want to hit the button to open the swinging garage doors. When he says 'present to you The Omegas', you should be walking out of the doors and toward the stage. Up the stairs and line up. Clear?"


Clint smiles. "Just like running out onto the field before the big football game. Got it. wait for our cue, then enter."

Clint runs through his prepared speech one more time in his mind as he listes to the Mayor over the speakers.

As the garage doors swing swiftly open, Clint enters that headspace - high school football player - and does the job without getting distracted by the crowd. As he ascends to the podium, He smiles and waves to the crowd. This is a nice change of pace. Are we finally making some progress?

Clint approaches the podium, looking as confident as possible. He's freshly-shaved, and wearing a crisp new Omega Suit. He scans the crowd, looking perhaps for familiar faces, but also to reassure himself that these are people just like him, and that his job today is to convey the message he intends as clearly as possible. He steps up to the microphone, using skills he's learned in Omega leadership training sessions, breathing evenly, keeping his face positive and bright. And he begins to talk.

Public Speaking 42% 1d100 = 56 (FAIL)

"Ladies and gentlemen of the press, and citizens of Century Station. I'm Clint Jackson, leader of the Omegas."

"On November 8 of last year, in response to a prison breakout at Gramercy Island Penitentiary, eleven vigilantes banded together to attempt to capture the escaped criminals. They were officially joined together the next day under the authority of Operation Overlord, and C.H.I.M.E.R.A., into the group now known as the Omegas. That was five months ago."

"Since that time, the Omegas have worked tirelessly alongside C.S.P.D., the Sector Squad, and the Centurions, to bring peace to Century Station. When I came on as leader in February, I did a performance analysis, and I continue to track those metrics. The Omegas have run some 23 official missions by my count, with a 91% success rate,"
He pauses. "...and some Omegas have lost their lives. In Century Station, that is extraordinary."

"It's been five months. In that time, the Omegas have worked ceaselessly with our allies to make Century Station a safer place. This team, these brave men and women standing beside me who have repeatedly put their lives on the line, will continue to do so."

"Ladies and Gentlemen... we're not the C.S.P.D., who are often the first responders against these threats, who faithfully stand up to the forces of chaos and say: 'no further.'"

"We are not the Sector Squad, professionally trained to counter threats that cross jurisdictions."

"And we're not the Centurions, who keep Century Station protected from high profile threats, and whose appearance is a clarion of justice."

"We do all those things too, but the fundamental difference is this: the Omegas are a team of volunteers from all walks of life, with one goal in mind: Protect this city. If you have abilities that set you apart... if you want to fight to make Century Station safer, the Omegas are recruiting. We have room for you. On that note, ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce..."


Clint gestures to each member in turn, stating their name and giving them a moment to show off, wave to the crowd, or whatever before moving on.

"Wi-Fi, Hacker extraordinaire and second in command... Barricade, master of force fields and former member of the SLJ West... Sentinel the Golden Dragon, ancient repository of magical power. You may have seen his work last week on WCTV Channel 9... Rook, Mistress of the Air... and our newest member, formerly of Great Britain: Crucible, the Wizard."

"And I am Clint Jackson, also known as..."
Clint changes to his Monstrous Form. "...Brute."

"Together we are... The OMEGAS!"


Awe Factor 15
Invoke Trust 40%/50% for military personnel 1d100 = 13 (per leadership skill; SUCCESS)
Brute

Normal Form
AR: 0
HP: 45/45
SDC: 186/186

Monstrous Form
AR: 13
HP: 40/40
SDC: 846/846

Motion detector, 20’ radius range
Predator’s hearing (+2 Initiative, 8X Normal)

Omega Suit v3.1.7
OOC Comments
S.D.C. by Location:
  • Arms: 90 each
  • Legs: 100 each
  • Main Body: 250
  • *Body Camera: 15
Weight: 6 lbs
Modifiers:
  • AR: 17
  • *Body Camera (-2 to strike via aimed shot only)
Features:
  • Hyper-mimetic alloy fibers change size and molecular composition to fit wearer regardless of APS powers, shape or size changes.
  • Built-in short range encrypted radio transceiver (Omega freq only).
  • Built-in RFID transponder for C.S.P.D. verifies wearer is a Centurion to all C.S.P.D. and their precise GPS location within 20'
  • Body Camera located in center of chest.
  • Anti-Tamper system
  • Wrist mounted computer - allows real-time tracking of Omega agents in the field
User avatar
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 673
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:48 am
Location: Starkville, MS

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Sentinel » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:02 pm

Sentinel
Location: Sentinels Quarters then dayroom to see LANCE steal the show!

Perception: 1d100 = 32 /80% (+15% to recognizing the arcane,+15% regarding technology)
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 5/ D100 JiC: / 1d100 = 82

Skills:
Used below with each section:
(Summary)

Yellow Dragon
OOC Comments
Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin, English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu
P.P.E.: 452/452 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 AR: 16
Spell reference at this Link

Conditions: Immune to Magic, Melee, Illusions, Possession, Poison, Drugs, And Disease. Mind Block Auto-Defense. Does not tire. Half damage from Cold. Radiates no heat and is invisible to infrared and heat sensors. Immune to pressure; solid stone. Regenerates 6d6 SDC/Melee. Magic (also items), Psionics, Supernatural, Seismic, and Dimensional/Teleportation Detection.
Awe and/or Horror Factor 14: Enemies must roll a 15 or higher on a twenty-sided die to avoid being momentarily awestruck. A failed roll means the individual loses initiative, one of his melee attacks. In this case, roll each melee round in which the character with the divine aura is attacked or speaks.

Spells:
Butcher Bill:

May notice a divine radiance coming from Sentinel and his voice a bit more compelling to the ears.

"H'llo mister!" the toddler chirps, then offers Sentinel a grape which draws a little grin from Sasha.

"She isn't much of a talker, so she must trust you a great deal. And after that last mission, I do as well.. you pulled our butts out of the fire." Sasha explains, then smiles to her daughter. "Her name is Diana, after one of her great aunts."

”Oh, a grape? Thank you! This looks delicious but I am sorry little butterfly I do not eat. Sentinel says crouching before the little girl. ”But, my little friend Freya loves them!” he says holding the grape up to feed to a small white rabbit that appears from seemingly nowhere. ”Would you mind taking care of her while your Mother and I tend to a meeting?” he offers the rabbit over to Diana while standing up. [Animal Summoning, Multi-Tasking 1 action] Sleight of hand Concealment 72%: 1d100 = 58
Palming 84%: 1d100 = 45
Pickpockets 94%: 1d100 = 65
--------

Crucible wrote:"An Emperor you say?" Matthew raises an eyebrow and gives a slight smirk, "time travelers and Chinese emperors. Quite an eclectic group here. I am starting to feel like I am fairly ordinary in comparison." His eye, as is its want, constantly scans auras and sees the magic aura.

OOC Comments
If Sentinel is scanning Crucible, he sees a magic-infused aura as well, but a powerful glow coming from Crucible's left eye.


"Something strikes me that you know something of the mystical arts?" he asks the immortal Emperor, a hint of curiosity in his voice. Keep running into all kinds here. Think I'll be needing to put together a report for my superiors. Certainly plenty they will want to know about.


Sentinel humbly bows as Cible refers to his honorific of Emperor and mention of magic, ”I am. And I do. I have not been so fortunate to run into many who shape their Ki. I know only of the Wizard Lexi who resides with the Centurions and perhaps one of our late members I suspected as well but he was recently reassigned from Omegas." he answers making no effort to hide that he is staring at Cible's eye under robes emitting a powerful magical radiance. Interesting…that I should be able to sense that?[ Abnormal Energy Sense]
----------------

Sentinels looks over as the garage doors begin to open. He had been passingly listening to the speech going on outside. It’s not the best introduction but I suppose it would have to do. he thought as he is following Mr. Jackson out the door.

What an eloquent speech! the Emperor thinks as Mr. Jackson finishes with the Omegas rally call. Not to be outdone, or squander such an event he steps forwards to speak as well.

[Divine Aura] The superbeing's voice is deep and booming as if spoken on a loudspeaker, and is clearly heard for up to 2400 feet. Power of Illusion: The character can create the illusion that he is twice as big as he really is; +2 to Awe/Horror Factor.
Awe 16
Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 55

Stepping forward Sentinel speaks not needing a microphone due to his awesome divine presence, The Mayor said it. Mr. Jackson said it after him as well. We need you! Not just to be a symbolic banner to be united under for common interests as safety. Unity is a simple and powerful ideology, but hollow if not understood. Before I get too far ahead of myself I would beseech you to look past what I appear. I am a statue, not human in appearance but I once was. As many of the heroes in this city, they do not appear to be human either. I hope you see past that and see me too as a hero as I see you as mine. I am obviously not of your city but swear I will help this city get back to its glory just as it was before Bloody Monday. I need you. With your help… now let me explain what I mean by safety is hollow.

Alone we are vulnerable, not safe. [Motioning to everyone including Omegas] We are weak and lost. I am also. We are all unsafe and alone without you! [Motioning to the Omegas] Together though, we are bigger…we have each other to lean on, to guide, and are everything but unsafe. What is scared and alone is only bigger and stronger together. Let us not be alone! Don’t let yourselves be alone! Come together and help us change your city! With you, Omega becomes legion! YOU are our heroes!

You saw what happened to the poor reporter on live TV? Mary Marsh was a victim of the evil contained in this City. No one needs to be a victim like her. You saw what I, The Golden Dragon, did for the unfortunate woman. Her life will instead go on to provide to this city and let you continue to see it’s heartbeat through her eyes and her reports. Many have not been so fortunate…let us take a moment of reflection for those that have been lost…

I will dedicate myself to helping save many more lives. But it comes at a cost. Its cost is only that you live and take back your city. But the city is diseased! Can you live if you’re diseased or crippled? No, of course not. Help your city become free from the disease that cripples it. Report the crime, fight back, and stand against it! It is the disease you must cleanse to live! Cauterize and rebuild! But be warned, those who are the disease won’t have the same karma as our dear reporter.

To that end, I am opening Shrines, Sanctuary’s, or Havens, however you see fit to name them. But the disease has crippled the areas where you need them. No potential havens exist where they are needed to be built. I am looking for donors of places in Retropolis, Norwood, Willingham, Zericho, and Hannigan. Those will be optimal locations through the city to provide to those in need and start cutting away the disease.”


Edited some grammar and typos and reworded the first paragraph. I had to post sooner than I wanted last night because my daughter woke up.
Yellow Dragon Ledger
OOC Comments
Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin,English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu
P.P.E.: 452/452| H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 AR: 16 Save vs. Awe/Horror:14 (16) for words spoken and each attack against Sentinel
Spell reference at this Link
Ectype 1
Ectype P.P.E.: 452/452 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 Equipment: Mobile Compact Computer/ HUD interface, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 2
Ectype P.P.E.: 452/452 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 Equipment: Robot Repair Kit with sophisticated tools, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 3
Ectype P.P.E.: 452/452 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 Weapon: 40mm MM-1 Multiple Grenade Launcher Equipment: Neckband Radio/ID transponders

ImageImage
User avatar
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:05 pm

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Crucible » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:59 pm

Perception Bonus: 31%/56% to recognise the arcane 1d100 = 68
JIC 1d100 = 56 1d20 = 2

Sentinel wrote:Sentinel humbly bows as Cible refers to his honorific of Emperor and mention of magic, ”I am. And I do. I have not been so fortunate to run into many who shape their Ki. I know only of the Wizard Lexi who resides with the Centurions and perhaps one of our late members I suspected as well but he was recently reassigned from Omegas." he answers making no effort to hide that he is staring at Cible's eye under robes emitting a powerful magical radiance. Interesting…that I should be able to sense that?[ Abnormal Energy Sense]


Another way of looking at magic and possibly different words for the same thing

"Now, the way you refer to it as Ki sounds potentially like a different approach to magic to how I cast. When we get chance, I'd like to compare notes...." Matthew is curious as hell, but as Sentinel looks at his eye, he finds it a little uncomfortable and his voice tails off.

"See something of interest?" he asks, looking pointedly at Sentinel.
OOC Comments
Sentinel can pick up there is a permanent and powerful magical item around where Crucible's left eye is.


As they wait, Matthew heads to the armoury to put on the new OMEGA suit. Slipping off his old robes, he finds a discreet place to change as for a moment he will have to take off his shades. Sentinel staring at him made him uncomfortable. Years of service and his fellow servicemen had gotten used to the eye. Maybe he would have to look into concealing the eye better.

Nice and snug, almost like somebody gave them my measurements

With a big of rummaging and faffing, he readjusts his new robes over the top, but leaving space to see the OMEGA symbol on the armour.

Now that is likely to attract the most firepower. Let's hope this armour lives up to expectations.

The Speech

Time for the big reveal Crucible had never done a press conference before

Brute wrote:and our newest member, formerly of Great Britain: Crucible, the Wizard."


Crucible steps forward as his name is spoken to show his presence and then tries to disappear as much as possible into the background. I'm new here. These guys have fought and have some skin in this game. They should enjoy this.
viewtopic.php?f=964&t=17657

OOC Comments
PPE: 706
HP: 46
SDC: 71
Age: 27
Sex: Male
Height: 6 ft 3
Weight: 210lbs
Description: Tall, well built, muscular, with long flowing robes that cover his body. In civilian clothes, wavy brown hair cut military short, wears large shades to cover his left eye, with slightly weathered skin. Average looking with a strange false left eye. often seen carrying a book of various different subjects.

Eye of Odin
20/20 vision, Nightvision (600', constant, no cost)), See Aura (constant, no cost), See the Invisible (constant, no cost)
User avatar
Crucible
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:22 pm

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Tom Cassidy » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:35 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 18/63%
JIC: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 61

Brute wrote:
Lance Steele wrote: "When you hear the Mayor say 'Working endlessly to keep our streets safe', you want to hit the button to open the swinging garage doors. When he says 'present to you The Omegas', you should be walking out of the doors and toward the stage. Up the stairs and line up. Clear?"


Clint smiles. "Just like running out onto the field before the big football game. Got it. wait for our cue, then enter."


"Oh yeah..." Tom lets out a nostalgic sigh and closes his eyes. "Rose Bowl. January 2027. Our first trip to the post-season in five years. Running out of the tunnel, through the smoke, hearing fifty thousand people cheering for you while fifty thousand are booing you... There's no feeling quite like it. Well, at least as far as 23-year-old me could think of anyway."

After breakfast, Tom goes to clean up and get suited up. He leaves the "Callahan Special" in his room but for a moment considers holstering up his dart pistol before ultimately leaving it alongside his other firearm. Brute wants no weapons, he thinks to himself. That's asking for trouble, but whatever.

Once he's fully suited up he takes in his new look in the mirror. Oh yeah, I could get used to this... he says to himself. Clean. Functional. Durable. And definitely lower on the cheeseball scale than the SLJ. At least I didn't have those little 'baggie booties' like what some of the others had.

Tom's Costumes
Tom Costumes 2020 592x400.png


He arrives in the garage a few minutes earlier than expected to do some last-minute stretches and take a few deep breaths. Well, so far so good... no technicolor yawning on anyone so far... he notes with a smirk. He thinks back on his comments from earlier and that time in his youth where he was dreaming of big appearances of a significantly different sort -- red carpets, premiere parties, gala luncheons, perhaps even opportunities to clutch a small statue and thank the Academy right down to 'the little people whose teamwork made the dream work.' He had gotten the opportunity to thank the Academy, all right... just not the one he dreamed about. Note to younger Tom: don't opt for the extended lease on that roach-infested apartment in Culver City... he snorts softly to himself before the smile fades from his face. Likely none of this would have happened if it hadn't been for you, Dad. Here's hoping I've made you proud since then.

He shakes off the reverie as the others start filtering in. "Well, ready to make some new friends today? I brushed my teeth twice to get that 'gotta-love-me' smile." He flashes a larger-than-natural grin for effect. As the music starts and the cue line is spoken, Tom mutters "here we go again..." under his breath as they walk out into the eyes of the waiting public.

He maintains his warm, confident grin during the speech while surveying the crowd. Although he tries his best to be less-than-obvious, he looks for tell-tale signs of security and potential trouble spots. Uniformed and plain-clothes police/security... anyone in the crowd with hoods/masks/sunglasses paired with hats pulled down low... anyone paying more attention to the crowd than the stage... snipers on nearby rooftops... anything that seemed out of place in the moment. It'd be hilarious if that smokin' hawt detective from the strip joint was out here... he thinks as his grin momentarily gets larger.

"Just Smile and Wave, Private..."
Crime Scene Investigation -- 1d100 = 98/90% (looking for potential crime scenes about to unfold)
Crime Scene Investigation -- 1d100 = 59/90% (looking HARDER for potential crime scenes about to unfold)
Surveillance Systems -- 1d100 = 5/85% (in the sense of 'tailing' or observing someone without their knowledge)
Streetwise -- 1d100 = 26/49% (looking for any obvious signs of gangs, undercover agents, potential brawls/dangerous situations, etc.)
Performance -- 1d100 = 93/85% (gotta make it look good, y'know...)
Performance -- 1d100 = 93/85% (let's try that one more time...)
Charm/Impress: -- 1d100 = 66/75% (see above)
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: -- 1d100 = 95/55% (see above the above)
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: -- 1d100 = 43/55% (no, really! I really am a likable guy!)


Brute wrote:Clint gestures to each member in turn, stating their name and giving them a moment to show off, wave to the crowd, or whatever before moving on.

"Wi-Fi, Hacker extraordinaire and second in command... Barricade, master of force fields and former member of the SLJ West... Sentinel the Golden Dragon, ancient repository of magical power. You may have seen his work last week on WCTV Channel 9... Rook, Mistress of the Air... and our newest member, formerly of Great Britain: Crucible, the Wizard."


He's so focused on scanning the crowd he almost doesn't hear Brute call out his name. He hops on a flight disc and does a high-speed loop around the crowd (also keeping an eye out) and fabricates a giant omega symbol of semi-transparent energy on the stage behind the group as he comes back around. Letting the disc vanish as he comes to a stop, he gives the crowd a sharp salute.

He'll decline any mic time on the stage, but will make himself available for any questions afterwards if time/circumstances allow.

- On the subject of CSPD/Sector 10/CHIMERA:
"Hey, I served as a police officer before joining the SLJ and I have all the respect in the world for the men and women who suit up and go out there on the front lines every day to serve and protect. And on top of that, they do it without impressive super powers, ancient magic spells, or what have you. As far as I'm concerned they're the real heroes of Century Station, and I look forward to working alongside them."


- On the subject of the Sentinels of Liberty and Justice and why he's no longer with them:
"The current powers that be have decided that it would be best to keep the current lineup as it is, and that's totally understandable. Being part of the SLJ organization was a tremendous honor and the memories of my time with them will stay with me until the day I die. But now I get to make some new memories with a new group of teammates who are every bit as dedicated to the people of Century Station as we were to the people of this nation in the SLJ." He'll then gesture to his outfit. "And plus, the new uniform doesn't show dirt like the old red, white and blue one did. How can you not be excited about that?"


- In case someone asks him if he was known as 'Rampart' back in the SLJ (hopefully not, and hopefully his identity was never publicly revealed after he was declared dead) and why the name change:
He'll nod and shrug. "Yeah, I was. I thought it was best to start fresh under a new handle so that the Omegas wouldn't be judged unfairly one way or the other because of the association. My teammates deserve the opportunity to make a name for themselves without a star-spangled shadow hanging over them. I wasn't expecting Brute to reference it in his speech, but what are you gonna do? The big lug's something of a superhero geek." He shrugs and laughs. "I'm just happy he recognized who I was after being out of the public eye for so long."


- On the subject of where he's been for almost the past decade:
"Well... I've been working and living abroad. I can't share any details at the moment, but hopefully I can some day soon. Maybe even write a book that'll be turned into a major motion picture... and if that happens, I volunteer to star as myself in the movie and do all my own stunts!" There's a thought though... maybe write it as a story for a role-playing game, it sounds crazy enough. Maybe I should talk to Clerica about that.


- On the Centurions:
"Honestly, I'm rather new to Century Station and I haven't had the opportunity to meet with any of them as yet... but I've heard a great deal about them and I hope to do so in the very near future. If we can serve the city half as well as they have I'll call it an absolute win for the good guys."


- If any question is asked that he feels is too personal or would reveal too much to the public:
"Sorry, but I can't comment on that right now. Don't want to ruin the mystery, y'know."
User avatar
Tom Cassidy
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:24 pm
Location: Heroes Unlimited: Century Station

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Wi-Fi » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:30 am

Clint smiles. "Just like running out onto the field before the big football game. Got it. wait for our cue, then enter."


She smiled at him, "You got this."

"Wi-Fi, Hacker extraordinaire and second in command... Barricade, master of force fields and former member of the SLJ West... Sentinel the Golden Dragon, ancient repository of magical power. You may have seen his work last week on WCTV Channel 9... Rook, Mistress of the Air... and our newest member, formerly of Great Britain: Crucible, the Wizard."


At the mention of her name she simply nods and continues scanning the crowd for familiar faces. It was likely Kelly or even her Brother or others she might know were here to make the day more difficult or because Kelly knew she was here. As for her Brother he was less likely but if he did show it would need attention. People loved to see heroes even if they were new or unknown. Her DnD group might by some odd chance show.

(Kelly and her brother she will quietly tag to have them pulled aside for a 'random check and removed from the crowd' and brought in to the HQ to quietly meet them. It would be best to not draw attention to the effort. If the DnD group showed well that mean a personal tour for them later.)

Skill rolls for scan and search
OOC Comments
Criminal Science & Forensic Medicine: 1d100 = 28 / 94% (to spot for noted people, strange behaviors and such)
Intelligence: 1d100 = 51 / 64% (to spot for noted people, strange behaviors and such)
Lore: Demons & Monsters: 1d100 = 55 / 64%
Lore: Psychics & Psionics: 1d100 = 78 / 49%
Art: Sculpture : 1d100 = 14 / 96% (to spot for noted people in Sculpture or Companies and sculpture that might stone villains or robotic shells.)
Art: Holography: 1d100 = 84 / 96% (to spot for noted people in Holography or Companies and holograms)
Robot Mechanics: 1d100 = 89 /54% (to spot for noted people in Robot Mechanics or Companies and those that might Robotic villains or robotic shells.)
Robot Electronics: 1d100 = 59 / 64% (to spot for noted people in Robot Electronics or Companies and those that might Robotic villains or robotic shells.)
Law : 1d100 = 78 / 84% (to spot for noted people in the field of law or Companies and such)
Business & Finance : 1d100 = 40 / 86% (to spot for noted Business people or Companies and such)
TV/Video : 1d100 = 14 / 99% (to spot for equipment that might be out of place)
Find Contraband & Illegal Weapons: 1d100 = 90 / 82%
Streetwise : 1d100 = 78 / 76%


Stepping forward Sentinel speaks not needing a microphone due to his awesome divine presence, The Mayor said it. Mr. Jackson said it after him as well. We need you! Not just to be a symbolic banner to be united under for common interests as safety. Unity is a simple and powerful ideology, but hollow if not understood. Before I get too far ahead of myself I would beseech you to look past what I appear. I am a statue, not human in appearance but I once was. As many of the heroes in this city, they do not appear to be human either. I hope you see past that and see me too as a hero as I see you as mine. I am obviously not of your city but swear I will help this city get back to its glory just as it was before Bloody Monday. I need you. With your help… now let me explain what I mean by safety is hollow.

Alone we are vulnerable, not safe. [Motioning to everyone including Omegas] We are weak and lost. I am also. We are all unsafe and alone without you! [Motioning to the Omegas] Together though, we are bigger…we have each other to lean on, to guide, and are everything but unsafe. What is scared and alone is only bigger and stronger together. Let us not be alone! Don’t let yourselves be alone! Come together and help us change your city! With you, Omega becomes legion! YOU are our heroes!

You saw what happened to the poor reporter on live TV? Mary Marsh was a victim of the evil contained in this City. No one needs to be a victim like her. You saw what I, The Golden Dragon, did for the unfortunate woman. Her life will instead go on to provide to this city and let you continue to see it’s heartbeat through her eyes and her reports. Many have not been so fortunate…let us take a moment of reflection for those that have been lost…

I will dedicate myself to helping save many more lives. But it comes at a cost. Its cost is only that you live and take back your city. But the city is diseased! Can you live if you’re diseased or crippled? No, of course not. Help your city become free from the disease that cripples it. Report the crime, fight back, and stand against it! It is the disease you must cleanse to live! Cauterize and rebuild! But be warned, those who are the disease won’t have the same karma as our dear reporter.

To that end, I am opening Shrines, Sanctuary’s, or Havens, however you see fit to name them. But the disease has crippled the areas where you need them. No potential havens exist where they are needed to be built. I am looking for donors of places in Retropolis, Norwood, Willingham, Zericho, and Hannigan. Those will be optimal locations through the city to provide to those in need and start cutting away the disease.”


He's so focused on scanning the crowd he almost doesn't hear Brute call out his name. He hops on a flight disc and does a high-speed loop around the crowd (also keeping an eye out) and fabricates a giant omega symbol of semi-transparent energy on the stage behind the group as he comes back around. Letting the disc vanish as he comes to a stop, he gives the crowd a sharp salute.

He'll decline any mic time on the stage, but will make himself available for any questions afterwards if time/circumstances allow.


Sentinel is talkative. but he does like an audience. she thought, Better to cover her relative silence. It was a good chance to look over the audience and their reaction. as the speech went on behind her Barricade was busy as well. Smart move to shield there back. They would probably charge them for the damage on the screen behind them.

Like Barricade she focuses on security detail and will refuse mic time unless absolutely required.
Image
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
Bonuses in green apply only when force aura is active.
PPE: 15
ISP: 94/140
HP: 30 (34 with aura)
SDC: 47 (260)
Aura: 240/260 (Aura also gives superhuman strength)
Swarm status: 5 (all healthy)
Stubby/Rover/Sparky/Nameless #1/Nameless #2
SDC: 50/50/50/50/50
TRS-13
SDC: 50
AR: 6

CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
Image
[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points
• Integrated IRMSS: 20,000 credits to recharge (R:UE, p.263)
Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: sidearm, magazine, E-clip, grenade, canteen, food ration pack, minor items or individual tools.

• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low Lethality)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low Lethality)
• Attachment: Flash Pack
• Attachment: Flash Pack
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack

Omega Field Kit
Collapsible fiberglass nightstick - 1D6 Damage
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
• Range: Melee
• Damage: None. This gloves discharge an energy charge that short circuits the nervous system. Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry and dodge for 2d4 melee rounds.
A successful saving throw means the person has successfully fought off the effect and is unimpaired. Roll to save against each strike. Saving throw versus toxins.
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only, five shots total per melee
• Payload: 10/10 shots per charge (no clip)[/size]
User avatar
Wi-Fi
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 716
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:28 am

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Rook » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:45 pm

Location: Outside of Omegas HQ

Status: Nervous, slightly nauseated!

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 46
JIC D20: 1d20 = 1
JIC D100: 1d100 = 3

Rook tries to stay near the back, not out of sight per se, but not really wanting to be the center of attention; despite having swallowed several gravol-equivalents, she still finds her stomach roiling a bit with nervousness, occasionally peeking around her team-mates to eye the huge crowd with trepidation.

When Clint starts his speech Rook closes her eyes, taking several deep breaths, though does listen closely - not just to wait for the introduction cues but to take in the presentation as a whole, not having heard it prior to this moment.

"On November 8 of last year, in response to a prison breakout at Gramercy Island Penitentiary, eleven vigilantes banded together to attempt to capture the escaped criminals. They were officially joined together the next day under the authority of Operation Overlord, and C.H.I.M.E.R.A., into the group now known as the Omegas. That was five months ago."


'Was it only just 5 months ago? It feels like it could be a decade, wow. And I wasn't even there at the beginning either!'

"We do all those things too, but the fundamental difference is this: the Omegas are a team of volunteers from all walks of life, with one goal in mind: Protect this city. If you have abilities that set you apart... if you want to fight to make Century Station safer, the Omegas are recruiting. We have room for you. On that note, ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce..."


'Wait.. volunteer? More like volun-told. That or go to jail..' Rook muses, trying to hide the slight frown.

"Wi-Fi, Hacker extraordinaire and second in command... Barricade, master of force fields and former member of the SLJ West... Sentinel the Golden Dragon, ancient repository of magical power. You may have seen his work last week on WCTV Channel 9... Rook, Mistress of the Air... and our newest member, formerly of Great Britain: Crucible, the Wizard."


A slight wince at her introduction, making a mental note to have words with Clint about that later. Despite the heightened level of discomfiture, Rook manages to force herself to follow Tom's lead, though she does have a moment of confusion having forgotten his change in code-name. A couple of quick loops before making a landing at the outer-edge of the group of teammates, her cheeks flushed with embarrassment. Already feeling a little overwhelmed, Rook decides to leave the speeches to everyone else.
User avatar
Rook
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:54 pm
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Blackhaunt » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:24 pm

RETROPOLIS
Date: Thursday, April 2nd, 2043
Weather: Outside: Sunny, warm, bright (69 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 12:22 pm

The Omegas kick off their speeches with their leader, Brute. Despite having practiced his speech repeatedly, he draws a blank at the beginning. This results in him making the common flub of starting off with ”Ummm...” A few members of the crowd look visibly perplexed, possibly they were expecting a strong oration from the start. However, Brute shakes off the webs of confusion and continues his speech exactly as he planned it.

As he mentions Wi-Fi, she just nods. Not quite the display Brute had asked for, but an acknowledgment nonetheless. There's a light applause from the crowd. Barricade does a loop overhead the crowd at the mention of his name, garnering a roar of applause from the crowd. Sentinel doesn't give a display which causes the crowd to clap lightly. Rook spreads her powerful wings and takes to the sky for a few loops when she is called upon, which brings the audience back to an uproar. Crucible steps forward to acknowledge his name being called and then steps back in line with the rest of the Omegas. The audience claps. Then Brute does his transformation which causes a couple of audience members to fall out of their seats in surprise. There is a moment of absolute silence and then a huge applause, people throwing their belongings in the air and leaping around at the sight of Brute's display. His final words raise the excitement level even further and the crowd goes wild.

Sentinel gives his speech and the audience is captivated. There is a strong applause afterward and some shouts of "Thank you Sentinel!" from the crowd.

Wi-Fi and Barricade spend their time scanning the crowd for threats. They see almost entirely smiling faces trying to meet their gaze. As they continue to scan the crowd, they notice a rather large snake in the far back peering out over top of the crowd.

Crucible, being the strong silent type in the back, thinks he might have seen something in his wheelhouse. It dipped back behind the crowd, but...did he just see an invisible entity floating around?

What are you doing?




JAVARTA
Date: Friday, April 3rd, 2043
Weather:
  • Outside: Sunny, warm, bright (69 degrees Fahrenheit)
  • Inside: Cranked Air Conditioner (45 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 9:56 am

"Listen up, Sicilia! You want to be a crap reporter, keep handing me these fluff pieces! Twenty ways to unplug and enjoy nature? No one reads that crap! You've gotta get the big stories!" T. Thomas Tennyson, editor in chief of the Century Station Observer harangues Sicilia yet again. The pay was good, the staff was generally friendly and she was able to get her stories published...if she dealt with this level of punishment.
The door to his office opened and a teenage boy walked in. "You gonna close the door behind you or not, Archer?" The boy closes the door. "Here's those photos you asked for Mister Tennyson." The boy hands over a manila envelope which Tennyson opens and slides a number of 5x7 prints out. Tennyson takes a look at the images for 7 seconds, tosses them to the table and says "Always pictures of the Fire Ant! You just following him around?! Don't answer that. Go see Edwards for your check. This is good stuff, keep it up. Aaron Archer, photographer extraordinare." The boy nods at Sicilia on the way out and then closes the door behind him.
"Sicilia! Pay attention! Here's your next assignment!" Tennyson places a piece of paper in front of you.
Flyer wrote:Come meet Century Station's newest Superteam, The Omegas!
616 Grayson Street, Retropolis, Yesterday Park
Friday April 3rd @ Noon

"Well?! That's in two hours! Get out of my office!"
As you leave, you hear "And close my door!"
It takes you just under two hours to get from the offices of the paper in Javarta to the address listed on the flyer. (Please spell out in your recap, how you get from the office to the Omega HQ)
When you arrive, the mayor has just begun his speech. Finding a space in the back, you are witness to the super team giving various speeches as well as an exciting display of powers. As you're watching, you notice not one, but two of the Omegas cast their gaze your way.

What are you doing?




MIDGARD
Date: Friday, April 3rd, 2043
Weather:
  • Outside: Sunny, warm, bright (69 degrees Fahrenheit)
  • Inside: Your co-worker has a heater on for some reason? (75 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 10:43 am
From underneath a 2040 Crown Victoria, Chastity slides out on her mechanic's creeper, oil saturating her coveralls. Continuing on the CHIMERA fleet could wait for today, there was a superteam being announced at a press conference. After weeks of donning her Iron Maiden suit in secret, this was the chance she had been waiting for. The chance to meet and potentially introduce herself to a team of supers. Maybe she could even convince them to let her join! The flyer posted on the fridge at the motorcade read as follows:
Flyer wrote:Come meet Century Station's newest Superteam, The Omegas!
616 Grayson Street, Retropolis, Yesterday Park
Friday April 3rd @ Noon

As she stares at the flyer, her creepy coworker Aiden Brock approaches. "You really checking that thing out? Those dudes are bogus. I heard that half of their televised stuff is just stunt people in a studio. Anyway, you should stick with me, I can show you the..."
"BROCK. OFFICE. NOW." The loud, stern and not to be ignored voice of your boss, chief mechanic in charge of police vehicles, Hollandra "Holly" Hest, booms from the short set of stairs on the other side of the garage. Aiden jumps at the sound of her voice and like a hurt puppy, scampers past her and into her office. Holly stares at him as he passes with a glare that could take the paint off of... well anything. Once he's past, she softens her glare and makes eye contact with Chastity. "You alright, girl? Take the rest of the day off. I'll make sure you get paid for it." Seeing Chastity's proximity to the flyer on the fridge, she gestures at it. "Go see them. It'll do wonders for your spirit." Holly gives an uplifting wink and then turns and starts to walk away. She stops in her tracks, reaches in her pocket and tosses Chastity a set of keys. "Take the Avvie." Holly walks off and into her office to admonish her employee.
Chastity walks over to the "Avvie" Avtran Aircar that has been souped up by Holly herself.
(Please spell out in your recap how you get from CHIMERA Fleet in Midgard to the Omega HQ)
Chastity gets to the unveiling early and manages to get a good seat right behind the journalists. The displays by the various heroes, as well as the speeches are impressive. The Omegas seem to have finished their introduction. Could it be time to introduce yourself?

What are you doing?




CENTURY PARK (THE GRAND LADY AND HER HAND-MAIDENS)
Date: Thursday April 2nd, 2043
Weather: Outside: Sunny, warm, bright (65 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 3:47 pm

There were too many of them to correct at once. But Rome was not built in a day and you had all the time in the world. Them referring to those who would defile The Life. Individuals with trucks that spewed waste into the air. Groups of youth that held music festivals and refused to clean up after themselves. Companies that conducted experiments on The Life's children and dumped the refuse into the waterways. There were many who needed to be corrected. But for the moment, Maia was enjoying being an Elm Tree in Century Park. An Ulmus minor 'Argenteo-Variegata' specifically. Surrounded by manifestation's of The Life's will, flora and fauna alike, she was in her element. She was soaking in the sun through her multicolored leaves, slowly soaking up water from her deep roots, hearing the wind sing through her branches, feeling a sharp pain in her trunk. Wait, what?! Maia directs her attention to the source of the pain. About 6 feet above ground, she watches as one of them... the infested had defiled her body with a sheet of...her! Processed flesh from a sister rootkeeper had been covered in symbols of some sort. Maia contemplated ending that particular manifestation of the infestation with her own wooden limbs when she sees them trip and fall on their face into a puddle of mud. Three seconds later, she hears "♫ IK HAW SYN SKUON BYELKOAR SMITEN, WANT DY JONGEN ♪ ♫ IK WOE NET JO MEDITAASJE ÛNDERBREKKE, OF WANNEAR JO DAN DOGGE, DAT SOE RÛCH WÊZE, MAR IK BIN GWENFREY ♪ " No matter what Maia's response is, Gwenfrey continues on in Faeriespeak. "♫ ♪ COOL COOL ... WIL JO ME DIT FLYER LÊZE FOAR JO? ♪ ♫ IK WYT FAN PERSOANLIKE ÛNDERFINING DAT TREKKEN NET KINNE LÊZE. ♪ RE JO BINNE ALLEGEAR WIZEN OANT IT KOMT BASIC GODDAMN LÊS LÊZEN FUNKSJES EN DANNE MEAR LIKE A COPSE BABIES, WYT JO ?! ♪ ♫ ELKJE, IT SÊT DER IS EIN NIJE TEAM FAN SUPERHEROES EN DIR WILT GONNA FERGESE TEMSELVEN BINNE IN YESTERDAY PARK. CO ♫ KINNE JO IN TREE WURKE DÊR OAN DER DAT JO WIST ♪ ♫ FUCK IT HARD OM DE JOUW FOLK TE WURKJE. ♪ ♫ BINNE JO DIN? ♪ ♫ HEHEHE, IK HAW IN BOAIEM MAKKE. ♪ ♫ ANYWAY, SIN WE BÊSTE FRIENDS EN ALLE IK TINK DAT JO DÊRE MOARN MOATTE GEAN EN MY STEKKE SOMME SANDWICHES OF WIERE YN DIT GJIN. ♪ ♫ OK BYE. ♪ ♫ GWENFREY OUT BITCHES ♪ ." Gwenfrey took the flyer off but left the nail in. You've got more important things to think about. Like the sunshine on your leaves, the water touching your roots, and the wind in your branches.

Translations
"♫ IK HAW SYN SKUON BYELKOAR SMITEN, WANT DY JONGEN ♪ ♫ IK WOE NET JO MEDITAASJE ÛNDERBREKKE, OF WANNEAR JO DAN DOGGE, DAT SOE RÛCH WÊZE, MAR IK BIN GWENFREY ♪ =♫I TIED HIS SHOES TOGETHER BECAUSE FUCK THAT GUY♪♫I DIDN'T WANT TO INTERRUPT YOUR MEDITATION OR WHATEVER YOU'RE DOING BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE FUCKING RUDE BUT HI I'M GWENFREY♪"

"♫ ♪ COOL COOL ... WIL JO ME DIT FLYER LÊZE FOAR JO? ♪ ♫ IK WYT FAN PERSOANLIKE ÛNDERFINING DAT TREKKEN NET KINNE LÊZE. ♪ RE JO BINNE ALLEGEAR WIZEN OANT IT KOMT BASIC GODDAMN LÊS LÊZEN FUNKSJES EN DANNE MEAR LIKE A COPSE BABIES, WYT JO ?! ♪ ♫ ELKJE, IT SÊT DER IS EIN NIJE TEAM FAN SUPERHEROES EN DIR WILT GONNA FERGESE TEMSELVEN BINNE IN YESTERDAY PARK. CO ♫ KINNE JO IN TREE WURKE DÊR OAN DER DAT JO WIST ♪ ♫ FUCK IT HARD OM DE JOUW FOLK TE WURKJE. ♪ ♫ BINNE JO DIN? ♪ ♫ HEHEHE, IK HAW IN BOAIEM MAKKE. ♪ ♫ ANYWAY, SIN WE BÊSTE FRIENDS EN ALLE IK TINK DAT JO DÊRE MOARN MOATTE GEAN EN MY STEKKE SOMME SANDWICHES OF WIERE YN DIT GJIN. ♪ ♫ OK BYE. ♪ ♫ GWENFREY OUT BITCHES ♪ =♫♪COOL COOL... YOU WANT ME TO READ THIS FLYER FOR YOU?♪♫I KNOW FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE THAT TREES CAN'T FUCKING READ.♪♫YOU'RE ALL WISE UNTIL IT COMES TO BASIC GODDAMN READING SKILLS AND THEN IT'S MORE LIKE A COPSE OF BABIES, YOU KNOW?!♪♫ANYWAY, IT SAYS THERE'S A NEW TEAM OF SUPERHEROES AND THEY'RE GONNA SHOW THEMSELVES OFF IN YESTERDAY PARK.♪♫YOU COULD GO BE A TREE OVER THERE TOO YOU KNOW.♪♫FUCK ITS HARD TO GET THROUGH TO YOU TREE FOLK.♪♫ARE YOU DENSE?♪♫HEHEHE, I MADE A TREE JOKE.♪♫ANYWAY, SINCE WE'RE BEST FRIENDS AND ALL I THINK YOU SHOULD GO THERE TOMORROW AND STEAL ME SOME SANDWICHES OR WHATEVER THEY'VE GOT GOING ON.♪♫OK BYE.♪♫GWENFREY OUT BITCHES♪."


CENTURY PARK (THE GRAND LADY AND HER HAND-MAIDENS)>RETROPOLIS
Date: Friday April 3nd, 2043
Weather: Outside: Sunny, warm, bright (65 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 10:00 am
The next day, you remember Gwenfrey's message about the showing off and decide to go there. Possibly to steal some sandwiches for a faerie. Possibly to see what their garden looks like. But definitely to see about these "Superheroes" Gwenfrey went on about.

You arrive at the Omega HQ in your spectral state, floating like you've got somewhere to be. You arrive just as the Omegas parade themselves out onto the stage. Seemingly well-intentioned agents of the infection. You have seen impressive humans before and you'll see them again. You are timeless. You watch them show off, and just as they're about to finish, you notice the one in a robe looking directly at you. At you. But you're invisible. He shouldn't be able to see you. Why can he see you?

What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 834
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:39 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: CENTURY STATION

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Maia » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:57 am

JIC: 1d20 = 16, 1d100 = 43
PER: 1d100 = 46 vs. 21%

-Thursday-
It is good, being a plant. All you really need to worry about is food- water, soil, and sunlight. Everything else is non-essential. Really, the humans could solve so many of their problems if they just remembered that a little more often. Like now, for example. Maia wasn’t sure why exactly these insects felt the need to drive a small spike of iron into her current home, but knowing humans it likely had little to do with anything that was actually important. In the wake of her brief flash of pain and irritation, Maia briefly considers using the grass to restrain the humans, manifesting physically, and then engaging in some good old-fashioned stomping. The area needed better fertilizer anyway- really, chemicals? Who thought that was a good idea?

Fortunately for the insects, a third party intervened before Maia could further contemplate anything disproportionate. As the wayward humans fell to the ground, the leaves in the tree Maia called home rustled in a light, lilting matter- appreciating the faerie’s joke and judging the response appropriate. Maia had always liked the fey- their tricks didn’t do very much against her , and she’d always appreciated a classic, 26-hour faerie dance under the sun- and moonlight. Plus, more often than not they helped defend The Life- they were part of it, they understood that, and they acted like that. Not like some others she could mention. But before her thoughts could turn vengeful again- speech! It took Maia a moment to remember how- it had been a couple thousand years, after all.
Blackhaunt wrote:"♫ IK HAW SYN SKUON BYELKOAR SMITEN, WANT DY JONGEN ♪ ♫ IK WOE NET JO MEDITAASJE ÛNDERBREKKE, OF WANNEAR JO DAN DOGGE, DAT SOE RÛCH WÊZE, MAR IK BIN GWENFREY ♪ "
”GREETINGS GWENFREY. GRATITUDE. AM MAIA’GLTHYRA’MAXAL-AIUSU. AMUSEMENT. CURIOSITY. WHY?” Maia considered adding the fact that she wasn’t meditating, but all this communication was already proving tiresome.
Blackhaunt wrote:"♫ ♪ COOL COOL ... WIL JO ME DIT FLYER LÊZE FOAR JO? ♪ ♫ IK WYT FAN PERSOANLIKE ÛNDERFINING DAT TREKKEN NET KINNE LÊZE. ♪ RE JO BINNE ALLEGEAR WIZEN OANT IT KOMT BASIC GODDAMN LÊS LÊZEN FUNKSJES EN DANNE MEAR LIKE A COPSE BABIES, WYT JO ?! ♪ ♫ ELKJE, IT SÊT DER IS EIN NIJE TEAM FAN SUPERHEROES EN DIR WILT GONNA FERGESE TEMSELVEN BINNE IN YESTERDAY PARK. CO ♫ KINNE JO IN TREE WURKE DÊR OAN DER DAT JO WIST ♪ ♫ FUCK IT HARD OM DE JOUW FOLK TE WURKJE. ♪ ♫ BINNE JO DIN? ♪ ♫ HEHEHE, IK HAW IN BOAIEM MAKKE. ♪ ♫ ANYWAY, SIN WE BÊSTE FRIENDS EN ALLE IK TINK DAT JO DÊRE MOARN MOATTE GEAN EN MY STEKKE SOMME SANDWICHES OF WIERE YN DIT GJIN. ♪ ♫ OK BYE. ♪ ♫ GWENFREY OUT BITCHES ♪ ." Gwenfrey took the flyer off but left the nail in. You've got more important things to think about. Like the sunshine on your leaves, the water touching your roots, and the wind in your branches.
First things first. Maia thinks to herself as she listens to the little faerie’s diatribe. Using her native plant control abilities she will remove the nail from the tree and heal the wound- preferably causing the former to drop somewhere a human will step on it. The eye-for-an-eye symmetry appeals to Maia’s sense of justice. And now for Gwenfrey.

She regards the faerie impassively after Gwen finishes speaking, and as she departs Maia gives no sign of how she will react. Most insistent. That was a bad sign- in Maia’s experience, the only insistent faeries were the ones that insisted upon mischief. On the other hand, Gwen had helped her when she didn’t have to- Maia had no reason to distrust her specific intentions, and really there was a hard (and low) limit to how much any faerie scheme could actually hurt Maia. As for the humans? It’s not like they didn’t have it coming.

But this tree was so nice. Maia sighed, and the wind through the branches above her echoed that sigh. She had been here for days, ostensibly to gather intelligence on the humans, but if she was being honest with herself she was merely procrastinating. What even is a Sandwich? The humans and their little accessories seemed to change every day- how on Earth they could keep track of it all she had no idea. It’s just, it was so nice in the park, and so exhausting maintaining a form in the physical world. The she-tree sighed again. But she had to get started sometime- The Life demanded it. And she had to get started somewhere- why not at this Yesterday Park? Perhaps these Sandwiches were a threat to The Life and had to be dealt with. Or perhaps it was a faerie trick. She’d have to find out. It was a daunting prospect, however- Maia had awakened feeling somehow less than she had been in eons past. Something had changed. Deep down, a small part of her wondered if she still had the strength to bring true justice to the humans. There were so many of them, and so few of her… But she had to try. The Life demanded nothing less, and this ceremony the humans were having seemed as good a place to start as any.

With a last sigh, the energy form detached itself from the tree, the latter shrinking a bit over the ensuing hours after Maia’s departure. Maia herself floated lazily through the city, headed towards this gathering and its Sandwiches.

-Friday-
Maia hovered over the gathering. If she had a face, it would be staring agape at all the strange equipment the humans were toting around. To say nothing of their outlandish body coverings. She listened to their words- meaningless, self-congratulatory nonsense. No evidence of concern for The Life. And not a word about the Sandwiches, either. Then, one of the insects spotted her. It was time to act.

Without a word, Maia picks a location at random (unless she can guess the location of the Sandwiches) and begins summoning a body to indwell. Vines begin crawling, snakelike, over the ground and interweaving themselves into a 10-foot humanoid form (HF of 11 if we’re doing that sort of thing). In less than a minute (1d4 = 4 melees), the formation is complete and Maia bellows out, her pseudo-telepathic voice tinged with anger.

”HUMANS. SPEAK. THE LIFE. SANDWICHES. BRING. NOW!” Maia will begin moving towards anything she thinks might be the Sandwiches- as she does so, her plant form noisily twists and cracks, causing parts of her limbs and neck to jut out at angles that look most unnatural from a human perspective, as some sort of reddish crystal extrudes itself from her body and saturating the plants’ surface with the substance. Anyone (or at least, anyone human) that comes to close gets hit unless they are very obviously peaceful in intent.

One round’s worth of attacks:
1d20+11 = 16 to strike, 2d4*10 = 70+40 SDC = 110
1d20+11 = 14 to strike, 2d4*10 = 50+40 SDC = 90
1d20+11 = 27 to strike, 2d4*10 = 40+40 SDC = 80
1d20+11 = 25 to strike, 2d4*10 = 20+40 SDC = 60
1d20+11 = 15 to strike, 2d4*10 = 60+40 SDC = 100
1d20+11 = 28 to strike, 2d4*10 = 30+40 SDC = 70
User avatar
Maia
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:07 am

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Brute » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:24 pm

Perception: 51% 1d100 = 100 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 20
1d100 = 93

Brute finishes his speech, and steps back. That went... well... it was rough at first but it finished well, so... that's good at least. As Sentinel steps forward to speak, Brute tilts his head ever so slightly. What the? We're not all giving speeches are we? Balisong only told me I would need to prepare... I didn't ask anyone else to prep a speech!

As Sentinel launches into what is essentially a self-advertisement, Brute sighs.

Sentinel wrote:To that end, I am opening Shrines, Sanctuary’s, or Havens..."


Shrines? Is he for real? Dammit - Balisong isn't gonna like this. We're not trying to establish a cult! This is supposed to be a superhero group! We've had actual gods on this team that didn't try to establish their own religion.

After Sentinel finishes, Brute sighs again. That wasn't so bad, I guess. Could've been a lot worse.

Despite his eyes glossing over when he looked at the crowd during his speech - a self-defense measure during public speaking, perhaps - he does not miss when in the crowd a mass of plant matter begins at first to coalesce, and then shout.

Tree thing wrote:”HUMANS. SPEAK. THE LIFE. SANDWICHES. BRING. NOW!”


Stepping quickly to the mic he commands, "Everyone! Remain calm and step back - we'll deal with this!" He then leaps toward, but not at, the plant-thing. He raises his hands, not knowing the creature's intent, and approaches slowly.

"Listen - nobody wants a fight today - there's too many innocent people around. Will you talk with me? Maybe we can help."

Unarmed. I told my people to come unarmed. Maybe it's for the best if we can talk to this thing, but if worse comes to worst we're going to have to get these people to safety.

Tapping his Omega radio, he calls out to the team. "Barricade - can you get a force bubble around me and this plant thing? I'm not interested in collateral damage today. Everyone else establish a perimeter between us and the civvies. Thank you."

He again turns his attention to the plant being. "You said something about 'the life'... and..." he shakes his head, "... sandwiches, if I heard you right. What can I do for you? You want sa.... you want sandwiches?"

Mythology 40% 1d100 = 37 (what kind of creature is this - something I have read about at some point? - SUCCEED)
Intelligence 54% 1d100 = 13 (does this plant creature match any criminal reports Brute has read? - SUCCEED)
Brute

Normal Form
AR: 0
HP: 45/45
SDC: 186/186

Monstrous Form
AR: 13
HP: 40/40
SDC: 846/846

Motion detector, 20’ radius range
Predator’s hearing (+2 Initiative, 8X Normal)

Omega Suit v3.1.7
OOC Comments
S.D.C. by Location:
  • Arms: 90 each
  • Legs: 100 each
  • Main Body: 250
  • *Body Camera: 15
Weight: 6 lbs
Modifiers:
  • AR: 17
  • *Body Camera (-2 to strike via aimed shot only)
Features:
  • Hyper-mimetic alloy fibers change size and molecular composition to fit wearer regardless of APS powers, shape or size changes.
  • Built-in short range encrypted radio transceiver (Omega freq only).
  • Built-in RFID transponder for C.S.P.D. verifies wearer is a Centurion to all C.S.P.D. and their precise GPS location within 20'
  • Body Camera located in center of chest.
  • Anti-Tamper system
  • Wrist mounted computer - allows real-time tracking of Omega agents in the field
User avatar
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 673
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:48 am
Location: Starkville, MS

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Wi-Fi » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:47 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 5
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 99

"Let me try. Telepathy might have more effectiveness. I am not sure he/she/it is able to speak English. Now I do want a Phili-steak sub. Oh and we have another guest. Barricade in that bush over there I saw movement. a large snake-like head. should head out to get subs later, Brute." she added. focused. but he did have the right approach.

"I'm Wi-Fi. and what may I ask brings you here? we can have a sandwich brought out. You seem to have my friend here tongue tied." she spoke telepathically to the new arrival that was a plant with a slight grin. She like brute was careful to not look hostile.
Last edited by Wi-Fi on Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
Bonuses in green apply only when force aura is active.
PPE: 15
ISP: 94/140
HP: 30 (34 with aura)
SDC: 47 (260)
Aura: 240/260 (Aura also gives superhuman strength)
Swarm status: 5 (all healthy)
Stubby/Rover/Sparky/Nameless #1/Nameless #2
SDC: 50/50/50/50/50
TRS-13
SDC: 50
AR: 6

CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
Image
[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points
• Integrated IRMSS: 20,000 credits to recharge (R:UE, p.263)
Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: sidearm, magazine, E-clip, grenade, canteen, food ration pack, minor items or individual tools.

• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low Lethality)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low Lethality)
• Attachment: Flash Pack
• Attachment: Flash Pack
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack

Omega Field Kit
Collapsible fiberglass nightstick - 1D6 Damage
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
• Range: Melee
• Damage: None. This gloves discharge an energy charge that short circuits the nervous system. Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry and dodge for 2d4 melee rounds.
A successful saving throw means the person has successfully fought off the effect and is unimpaired. Roll to save against each strike. Saving throw versus toxins.
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only, five shots total per melee
• Payload: 10/10 shots per charge (no clip)[/size]
User avatar
Wi-Fi
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 716
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:28 am

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Crucible » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:36 pm

Perception Bonus: 31%/56% to recognise the arcane 1d100 = 51
JIC 1d100 = 77 1d20 = 8

Keeping back, he resists the urge to cast invisibility on himself and also Rook as she tries to disappear into the background. Listening to both speeches, he notes the surprise by Brute when Sentinel steps up to speak.

"Feeling nervous?" he leans over a bit to whisper to the young hero, "don't worry, we've got a couple of ...." Crucible stops as he sees the spirit in the crowd. He was used to being able to tell the difference between the normally visible and invisible provided by his eye. That's odd. What are you?

"Excuse me my lady," he says as he reaches for his communicator and is about to speak up as the Tree suddenly erupts from the ground in front of them.

Maia wrote:”HUMANS. SPEAK. THE LIFE. SANDWICHES. BRING. NOW!”


Horror factor 1d20+2 = 4

"Well, International Hug a Tree day just got a little awkward if they are doing that nowadays. Now, the benefits of a real classical, in this case monsters, faerie and and magic, education, Crucible is at least able to try to identify what it is that they are dealing with.


Lore: Demons & Monsters 50% 1d100 = 99
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic 45% 1d100 = 4

Nothing new under the sun as they say. Did my tutors mention anything like this in class though?


Brute wrote:"Barricade - can you get a force bubble around me and this plant thing? I'm not interested in collateral damage today. Everyone else establish a perimeter between us and the civvies. Thank you."


He casts Armour of Ithan on himself, trusting his own magic to protect himself in case things went FUBAR quickly. The longer dialogue went on, the less likely there was to be conflict. Best to help ensure that he thought spending a few seconds creating the 6th order Formi in his head in order to cast the Tongues spell on himself before stepping behind Brute and touching him gently on the shoulder as he casts the tongues spell on Brute as well.

"This creature is unlikely to be speaking English as a first language. I've just given you the ability to speak and understand any language. Hopefully make your negotiations easier."

Crucible then extends his senses as he steps away trying to catch any sense whether it is at least supernaturally evil. He moves to the edge near the crowd, gesturing for them to stay back, but trying to keep his attention on the creature. He does however cast his eye around, looking for any other sign of the spirit he saw earlier or any others.

Sense Supernatural Evil
OOC Comments
Range: About 90ft radius maximum
Duration: Automatic and constant awareness
Saving Throw: None, but can be blocked by psychic mind block or protection from magic circle.


"By the way, it was some kind of spirit before it became a tree. I spotted it as Sentinel was speaking. I think it might have noticed me notice it

OOC Comments
34 PPE
Armour of Ithan - AR18 SDC 130 - lasts 3 minutes - 10PPE
Tongues x2 - speaks all languages 98% including Alien and elemental languages 24 PPE - lasts 15 minutes
viewtopic.php?f=964&t=17657

OOC Comments
PPE: 706
HP: 46
SDC: 71
Age: 27
Sex: Male
Height: 6 ft 3
Weight: 210lbs
Description: Tall, well built, muscular, with long flowing robes that cover his body. In civilian clothes, wavy brown hair cut military short, wears large shades to cover his left eye, with slightly weathered skin. Average looking with a strange false left eye. often seen carrying a book of various different subjects.

Eye of Odin
20/20 vision, Nightvision (600', constant, no cost)), See Aura (constant, no cost), See the Invisible (constant, no cost)
User avatar
Crucible
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:22 pm

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Iron Maiden » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:01 pm

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 61
JIC: 1d20 = 6
JIC%: 1d100 = 44

Chastity tells Aiden absently, "I would not doubt that half the televised appearance are staged, you can not expect that cameras will be there with good angles when the action happens. It is called Dramatization or something like that."

The question is, how to present herself? She is mulling that over when she replies, pretty much ignoring the latter part of Brock's comments. Flying in might be seen as some kind of attack.

Holly interrupts whatever Brock was about to suggest, which probably had nothing to do with superheroics, and suggests Chastity take the day off and even suggests she use a CHIMERA vehicle.

Chastity pilots the aircar carefully and stops by her apartment to clean up, change clothes, and collect Gearwolf to go with her. She wears her costume under some old clothes she will not mind if they somehow get destroyed and follows the aircar traffic rules as they pass through town. This ws not her vehicle and she would treat it with all due respect.

The fact that they were in a CHIMERA vehicle allowed them a favorable parking place, and kept most people from staring at the mechanical wolf getting out of it. When the Omega presumed leader spoke about volunteers, she had to restrain herself from jumping in immediately, there is likely to be a question an answer session after the briefing, that would be the time to ask how they wanted volunteers to present themselves.

When the plants begin suddenly gathering and building into a form, she decides it is time to get ready, kicking off her shoes and pulling off her outer clothes to reveal her costume.

She considers her choices, she hears the now monstrous-appearing leader asking for calm and that the crowd stay away from the plant creature. Well, is he wants a perimeter, she can help with that. Transforming her legs into pulse jets, she pushes with her energy power, compressing the air to provide thrust. It is a bit painful, like walking on hot sand, but she is used to it. Many of the uses of her powers hurt, it is a sacrifice she is willing to make.

She forms her right hand into a megaphone and says, "Civilians please stay back, the Omegas are professionals and will handle this situation."

Gearwolf bounds up to her side, having fallen a bit behind during her brief flight, it looks behind her at the plant person and growls metallicly.

She says more softly, "Easy friend, it may not be harmful."

Since she is facing away, towards the crowd, she is glad to have Gearwolf to watch her back.
Iron Maiden
Natural AR 11
HP: 141/139
SDC: 945/945
Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every 2 rounds

CLOCKWORK WOLF
Natural AR 16
SDC: 150
User avatar
Iron Maiden
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun May 03, 2020 3:38 pm

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Maia » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:06 am

Maia wrote:JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 16, Original post: 1d100 = 43
PER: Original post: 1d100 = 46 vs. 21%


If Maia is in any way perturbed by the reactions to her presence, she gives no outward sign. Most of the humans are terrified. This is good. Some of them are confused by her demand for the Sandwiches. That suggests that they are not a threat; indeed, the annoying gnat-voice in her mind uses words that suggest they are disposable and of low value. If these Sandwiches are a weapon, they are unlikely to post a threat to one such as Maia. This is good.

Even so, the frantic activity is a great deal faster than Maia is accustomed to dealing with. Just looking at all the humans scurrying around beneath her is exhausting. And now they want to establish a dialogue. I knew this was a mistake. We should just kill them all. It would be just. Maia eyes the crowd, in particular the Omegas and any other unusual newcomers who make themselves known. The humans had advanced considerably since she was last awake- their tools had tamed the entire planet, and deep down within Maia’s being a solid core of fear over what they might be able to do existed. Not for herself, but for The Life. Even thousands of years ago, humans cooperated to the detriment of every other species that crossed their path. That, more than any tool or skill, was their greatest advantage. It must be broken if she was to succeed in her mission. Five thousand years ago, she would never had bothered, but now they were strong enough- or she herself weak enough- that even unorthodox ideas merited consideration. But was it even possible? Could she turn some of these humans to her cause, against their fellows? They had always been a petty, fractious species. Perhaps she could use that against them.

Wi-Fi wrote:"I'm Wi-Fi. and what may I ask brings you here? we can have a sandwich brought out. You seem to have my friend here tongue tied."
With Maia’s speech being at least partially rooted in telepathy, the mental communication is little different to her than speech. Confusion. Floated here. Whoever belonged to the voice in her mind, Maia judges them to be of minimal importance and directs her attention elsewhere.

One of the humans was using magic. The same one who saw her essence. Maia was in danger. If Wi-Fi monitored Maia’s surface thoughts prior to now, they would have seemed… dispersed. Disjointed, separate from one another and bubbling up seemingly at random, and in a nonlinear fashion (finishing thoughts before she starts them, etc.). When she notices Crucible, however, her mental reaction is even more alarming than her physical one. Outwardly, Maia straightens and swivels to regard the mage. ”Magic. Danger.” Inwardly, Maia’s thoughts echo the same process she used to form a body- weaving themselves and their disjointed parts together into a coherent (and powerful) whole. The resulting intellect, while nothing special, is high and possessed of a frightening and inhuman focus. Her dialogue becomes more complex in time with the process. Maia’s been around long enough to know the difference between a defensive spell and an offensive one, so she takes no further hostile action, but she sees Crucible and makes sure he knows it.

Other humans showed up. One wearing some sort of strange armor and helping to calm the crowd. Maia’s head swivels (180 degrees if need be) to regard Iron Maiden, before dismissing the woman as inconsequential and turning her head and attention back to the humans approaching her. With a small mental groan, Maia forced her thoughts into more linear, focused tracks. It was annoying, but the humans were so limited that they needed it for her to be able to communicate more effectively.
Brute wrote:"Listen - nobody wants a fight today - there's too many innocent people around. Will you talk with me? Maybe we can help… You said something about 'the life'... and..." he shakes his head, "... sandwiches, if I heard you right. What can I do for you? You want sa.... you want sandwiches?"
Maia regards Brute coolly. The leader. Confidence born of strength. How strong? I wonder. The gestalt rears up and stares down at Clint. When she speaks, she’s a good deal more human-like than before, but her speech is still psychically tinged with her emotions, and she is still angry or agitated. ”OUTRAGE. NO HUMANS INNOCENT. YOU BURN YOUR FUELS, SPREAD YOUR POISONS. THE USEFUL ENSLAVED, ELSE DESTROYED. AND YOU DO NOTHING WHILE THE LIFE SUFFERS.” When she refers to The Life, Maia spreads her arms wide, gesturing to indicate something vast and omnipresent. ”DETERMINATION. WE WILL NOT DO NOTHING.” As an afterthought, she adds

Brute wrote:"Barricade - can you get a force bubble around me and this plant thing? I'm not interested in collateral damage today. Everyone else establish a perimeter between us and the civvies. Thank you."
Should Barricade follow his orders and establish a force field, Maia will react with unmistakable hostility, and she’ll get loud again. ”OUTRAGE. DETERMINATION. WILL. NOT. IMPRISON.” Her eyes flashing, Maia uses her dispersal ability and fuzzes into a cloud that rapidly fades to nothingness. Seconds later, she reforms outside the force field. This was a mistake. They do not understand. She bellows again, ”IRRITATION. WHERE ARE THE SANDWICHES?” Then, tired of waiting and eager to do something to give vent to her anger, she looks for the building, machine, or other non-living thing in the vicinity with the biggest environmental impact (carbon footprint or whatever) and begins moving towards it with every intent of commencing the smashing.
User avatar
Maia
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:07 am

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Sicilia » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:12 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 7/51%
JiC d100: 1d100 = 29; JiC d20: 1d20 = 6

Time: 9:56 a.m.

Sicilia kept an even face as her boss sent yet more complaints her way, even if she was difficult for humans to read due to her very much non-human features. Every story it was the same, no matter how she changed her scoop or her angle, T. Thomas always had nothing but negatives to give her. If she talked back, she only got in even more trouble. So, as it always was, she gave a nod and responded with a monotone Yessir, accepting the new job without comment. Getting to Retropolis from Javarta in two hours wasn't impossible, but with her particular nature it would be an... interesting travel path, as it always was in this city.

As she slithers, pulling the door closed with the tip of her tail, she gave a friendly nod, and the occasional Good morning, or Hell o there to the other workers and reporters in the building. As much as Mr. Tennyson could get on her nerves, at least he gave her the important things. For one, he didn't even blink at the fact she was a giant snake, and the vast majorities of the people in the Observer were friendly enough. Or at least gave her a wide enough berth that it was alright. Second, even if they were just 'fluff pieces,' as Thomas said, he always published her work. She had never had a single piece rejected, at worst it was sent off to the editors and butchered, and she was always paid for her work.

Though he could bother to give a rat's ass about when a snake of all things writes a report on living with nature... She froze as she saw the receptionist staring at her. With an embarrassed hiss, she glanced away, Sorry! Didn't mean to think that out loud... Flustered, Sicilia slithered out of the building. She glanced over the flyer she had stuffed in her neck-belt, rereading the words and memorizing the address. Getting a bus was out of the question. She'd have to walk, as it were.




Time: 11:15 a.m.

She couldn't help but let out an angry hiss at the hold-up. I have a place to be, you know!

The animal control van was a normal sight for her. As was the always-confused worker who came to try and leash the "massive, feral snake just let loose in the streets!" as she was so often called in as. This time, she didn't have time for this nonsense, she had barely hit the halfway mark in Everett! At the shocked expression of the woman who had tried to hook her around the neck, Sicilia flicked her tongue out, frustrated. Yes, I can talk. Yes, I am a citizen and have a job. Yes, I am a snake. I don't exactly have time for the whole sequence of questions, so if you'll excuse me, she simply slithered out of the hold the hook had on her, flicking her tail at the still mildly confused worker, ignoring the small crowd of rather unhelpful looking people.

She had made this trek a few times before, and she hated it. She had lucked out with the Observer, everyone there had quickly accepted her, more-or-less, and she never had much trouble working with them. Out in public, however, she was at best ignored and at worst seen as a freak to be reported and avoided. Getting an apartment to live at had been an absolute nightmare, and she was still certain her landlord was trying to bleed her dry because of her difference. It was a vastly different environment than in Sicily, where she was generally seen as an average citizen. The bigotry sometimes made her wish she had never moved out here.

But, she thought to herself, as she finally began making progress again, it always seems to make it worth it to be here. Case in point, she passed an alleyway to hear a crack of fists against flesh, turning her attention to the almost casual battle between some caped crusader or another and a group of thugs that looked to have crawled their way out of the nearest Deadzone. Seeing that the hero had the situation well underhand, she moved on, flicking out her phone, holding it ahead of herself with her mind, tongue flicking out to type down notes of the passing incident. Deadzone underbelly rears head again in Everett. That ought to get a rise out of Tennyson. Maybe even a bonus. With the positive thought locked in her head, she puts away her phone, focusing on speeding towards Century Park. She had seen the time, and was going to be late if she didn't hurry!




Time: 12:03 p.m.

Sicilia pushes herself to get through the maze of streets and buildings she often found Everett to be, and only just manages to reach Century Park on time, hearing the first words of the Mayor's speech in the distance. She carefully winds down in the shade of a large bush towards the back of the crowd, both helping to keep her hidden and cool her down after such a long race to reach here. She sits there a few moments, slowly letting the tension leave her coils, hardy listening at first, before remembering why she was here in the first place. Once again, she flicks out her phone, and begins tapping away with her long, dry tongue, paraphrasing the mayor's words, hoping she hadn't missed too much to not make sense of it.

As the Omegas were called onto stage, she finally slid her head up, holding her body on the last third of herself, coiling up to keep herself stable as she listens, taking in the appearance of each hero, noting the ones she recognizes more than the others, which isn't very many. She recalls Sentinel from the television, but the others she has never seen herself, on broadcast or in person. She finds herself deeply intrigued by the team, having always had a fascination with heroes, and a wish to be a part of such a team. She knew she could never cut it as a solo super, and it was illegal in Century Station besides. When Brute mentions volunteering in his speech, she immediately flicks to another note on her phone to write it down, as well as permanently writing down the address of the Omega HQ. She could come here later, and see if they would, well, accept her.

As Brute steps away from the podium, she joins in the applause with a quiet hiss, ducking down as a man and his daughter overhear it and turn to look. She waits a few moments, poking her head up, somewhat confused as Sentinel comes forward and begins a second speech. Odd, I wouldn't think that they would have two separate, lengthy speeches today. She listens, somewhat confused as to the point of the speech. Whereas Brute's speech was a straight, if pumped up, description of the purpose of the Omegas, it seemed that this was more of a show of how people needed each other to-

As soon as he started asking for donors, it became clear what the hero was after. Sicilia begins to write it down, certain that a hero trying to groupfund a "Shrine" while there was crime on the streets just a district away would make for a killer story. Before she can even begin, however, she finds that half of the bush she is taking cover in is being ripped away, flowing like water to begin forming a huge, vaguely humanoid shape.

Save vs. Horror Factor: 1d20 = 17

She watches as the Omegas spring into action, all moving forward to respond to the new threat, while the snake watches, phone forgotten at the seemingly insane sequence of events playing out about her. Two of the Omegas had clearly seen her, she had watched as they glanced her way, so she knew she, at least, would not be an unknown if she were to slither out and do something to help.

As the plantoid continued calling out for sandwiches of all things, the snake can only look as yet another hero appears from nowhere, a woman seemingly flying in midair, morphing parts of her body to call out and help control the panicking crowd. Sicilia looks about, knowing she can't just sit and do nothing, but she can't approach and help guide the humans to safety given her appearance and the demeanor of the general public towards her. So, she does the next best thing she can. If humans are what the plantoid is talking about when it refers to the infection... perhaps I could parlay with it more easily?

She doesn't want to interrupt Brute and ruin any plans, but seeing as her options are to hide or run, neither of which are paths she really wants to follow, she begins to slither out into the open, calling out to the plant creature, making sure her thoughts are focused, and only the plantoid can hear her. H-hello? Please, I'm not one of the humans, is there something I can do to help you with the sandwiches? I know what they are, and where you can find some, if that will help!
Sicilia
An Italian Noodle who bites back!

Gear and Current Status
Quick Stats
I.S.P.: 33/39
H.P.: 34/34
S.D.C.: 99/99
User avatar
Sicilia
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:20 pm

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Wi-Fi » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:32 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 90/62
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 61

This is getting rough and looking like a fight. I became a hero to not deal with insolent children like this. It reminds me of dealing with political subgroups and Safe space babies she thinks. Best to plan for the worse. Let's start with a telepathic message to Barricade. The second was to talk with and deal with the newcomers. Civilians also complicated things. Easy to solve was drop her off in the wild or at Grammercy depending on actions. She already threatened public safety and was clearly willing to hurt humans. One never took a threat as an idle boast just incase they did mean it. Years back a hero did and 30 people died in a hotel. That hero fell out circulation and rumors were abound what his final fate was. Today it was not the Omegas that were going to be labeled by the press as 'a threat' and suffer that heroes fate Daddy Long Legs faced. The Omegas were already in a shaky position in the city.

"Barricade if that plan goes south shield the plant in a sphere and lift it off the ground. I won't have Brute or anyone get hurt. Once shielded fly it off to a place we can safely deal with her. I'd rather it be peaceful. If it gets violent I do not want any civilian casualties or fatalities." she told him. Brute ever the hero was eager to put himself on the line. She did see his plan. Simple and effective. the only complication was the press and civilians. Also if they had to negotiate in a hostile situation better to do so in a natural setting without so many eyes. It might put the plant creature at ease.

"if this turns ugly I have Barricade ready to put a sphere around the plant and get it out of civilian threat zone if we need to. The Snake and woman on crowd control look friendly enough I will talk to them and deputized them. be careful, Clint. A little early for me to avenge you still.. Wi-Fi telepathically messaged to Brute, walking to Iron Maiden and the snake.

of Iron Maiden and snakes:
"The names Wi-Fi, Nice to meet you both. I wish it were in better circumstances. Once this is resolved we should talk. by the way, consider yourselves both deputized as an Omega as of now. we will deal with paperwork and police on your behalf later if needed." Wi-Fi said with a nod to both and offers Iron Maiden a handshake. Unsure if snakes used handshakes or not offers the snake one too. Civility costs nothing after all.

The idea of a snake that large seemed odd, but her encounters with werewolves and mutant bears were enough to get past the fear of a giant snake. The notion of non-human shaped intelligence was not new. in a recent Scientific America, they had an article on how high gravity would not support normal human life. It was stated that worm/snake-like and non-invertebrates would be best suited to heavy gravity. This was something worth noting on earth too. there were places the human form was not optimal.
Image
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
Bonuses in green apply only when force aura is active.
PPE: 15
ISP: 94/140
HP: 30 (34 with aura)
SDC: 47 (260)
Aura: 240/260 (Aura also gives superhuman strength)
Swarm status: 5 (all healthy)
Stubby/Rover/Sparky/Nameless #1/Nameless #2
SDC: 50/50/50/50/50
TRS-13
SDC: 50
AR: 6

CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
Image
[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points
• Integrated IRMSS: 20,000 credits to recharge (R:UE, p.263)
Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: sidearm, magazine, E-clip, grenade, canteen, food ration pack, minor items or individual tools.

• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low Lethality)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low Lethality)
• Attachment: Flash Pack
• Attachment: Flash Pack
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack

Omega Field Kit
Collapsible fiberglass nightstick - 1D6 Damage
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
• Range: Melee
• Damage: None. This gloves discharge an energy charge that short circuits the nervous system. Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry and dodge for 2d4 melee rounds.
A successful saving throw means the person has successfully fought off the effect and is unimpaired. Roll to save against each strike. Saving throw versus toxins.
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only, five shots total per melee
• Payload: 10/10 shots per charge (no clip)[/size]
User avatar
Wi-Fi
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 716
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:28 am

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Iron Maiden » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:33 am

Wi-Fi wrote: Wi-Fi telepathically messaged to Brute, walking to Iron Maiden and the snake.

of Iron Maiden and snakes:
"The names Wi-Fi, Nice to meet you both. I wish it were in better circumstances. Once this is resolved we should talk. by the way, consider yourselves both deputized as an Omega as of now. we will deal with paperwork and police on your behalf later if needed." Wi-Fi said with a nod to both and offers Iron Maiden a handshake. Unsure if snakes used handshakes or not offers the snake one too. Civility costs nothing after all.

The idea of a snake that large seemed odd, but her encounters with werewolves and mutant bears were enough to get past the fear of a giant snake. The notion of non-human shaped intelligence was not new. in a recent Scientific America, they had an article on how high gravity would not support normal human life. It was stated that worm/snake-like and non-invertebrates would be best suited to heavy gravity. This was something worth noting on earth too. there were places the human form was not optimal.


"You may call me Iron Maiden, I was hoping to introduce myself to your team, though I was not looking for this set of circumstances. Still, statistically public announcements my superteams are interrupted more often than not...it is one reason why such thins are typically handled indirectly," as a superhero wannabe Chastity has some familiarity with these things.

Actually, it was one reason she showed up here, Given how rarely public hero events go off without a hitch, I figured I might have a chance to strut my stuff today and be introduced to the team.
Iron Maiden
Natural AR 11
HP: 141/139
SDC: 945/945
Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every 2 rounds

CLOCKWORK WOLF
Natural AR 16
SDC: 150
User avatar
Iron Maiden
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun May 03, 2020 3:38 pm

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Rook » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:11 pm

Location: Outside Omega HQ, at the Press Conference of Hell
Current Status: A little nauseated from being on stage

Perception 27%: 1d100 = 40
JIC D20: 1d20 = 3
JIC D100: 1d100 = 11

So many things seemed to happen all at once that Rook felt a little confused. A giant tree-thing? A snake? A person in flying armor? Blinking hard twice, the blonde heroine gives her head a shake to make sure she wasn't seeing things. As the rest of the team move into action though, Rook draws in a deep breath, then takes to the air her wings beating hard as she seeks to get a bit of altitude.

Once she's about forty feet up, Rook starts to circle to the left of the apparently hostile tree-being, then swoops down closer to the civilians to take up a defensive/protective stance.

"I don't know how much use I'll be against something that big, but I'll do my best to cover this side and try to make sure no civilians get hurt.." she states over the team's channel, putting as much confidence into her voice as possible. Rook then moves to a hovering position roughly fifteen feet above the ground, keeping an eye out to make sure none of the civilians get between her and the tree-giant.
User avatar
Rook
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:54 pm
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Crucible » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:22 pm

rolls carried

Maia wrote:When she notices Crucible, however, her mental reaction is even more alarming than her physical one. Outwardly, Maia straightens and swivels to regard the mage. ”Magic. Danger.”


Crucible keeps calm and maintains sight on Maia, keeping himself between the giant tree and the civilians.

You don't like magic do you. We've got people flying, a giant snake appearing, but little old me who has done nothing overt yet gets your attention. Really shouldn't broadcast your weaknesses like that.

"Everyone, step back, give the tree some distance," he calls to the people nearby.

Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 45% 1d100 = 74

If Barricade does create the field.

Maia wrote:Should Barricade follow his orders and establish a force field, Maia will react with unmistakable hostility, and she’ll get loud again. ”OUTRAGE. DETERMINATION. WILL. NOT. IMPRISON.”


Crucible activates his communicator to call Brute when he hears that exchange. This thing will turn nasty if we're not careful.

"Sir, this creature arrived as a spirit. I don't think that body is it's body per se, more something it is inhabiting. However, trapping it might actually being hurting it, depending on what it is."
viewtopic.php?f=964&t=17657

OOC Comments
PPE: 706
HP: 46
SDC: 71
Age: 27
Sex: Male
Height: 6 ft 3
Weight: 210lbs
Description: Tall, well built, muscular, with long flowing robes that cover his body. In civilian clothes, wavy brown hair cut military short, wears large shades to cover his left eye, with slightly weathered skin. Average looking with a strange false left eye. often seen carrying a book of various different subjects.

Eye of Odin
20/20 vision, Nightvision (600', constant, no cost)), See Aura (constant, no cost), See the Invisible (constant, no cost)
User avatar
Crucible
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:22 pm

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Sicilia » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:22 pm

(( Rolls Carried ))

Wi-Fi wrote:"The names Wi-Fi, Nice to meet you both. I wish it were in better circumstances. Once this is resolved we should talk. by the way, consider yourselves both deputized as an Omega as of now. we will deal with paperwork and police on your behalf later if needed." Wi-Fi said with a nod to both and offers Iron Maiden a handshake. Unsure if snakes used handshakes or not offers the snake one too. Civility costs nothing after all.

The idea of a snake that large seemed odd, but her encounters with werewolves and mutant bears were enough to get past the fear of a giant snake. The notion of non-human shaped intelligence was not new. in a recent Scientific America, they had an article on how high gravity would not support normal human life. It was stated that worm/snake-like and non-invertebrates would be best suited to heavy gravity. This was something worth noting on earth too. there were places the human form was not optimal.


The snake glances Wi-Fi's way, somewhat surprised at the reaction of the second-in-command of the Omegas. I was fully expecting to be told off for doing this, not drafted, she thinks to herself before turning her attention more fully to the mutant human, still keeping an eye on the plantoid. In mental speak directed solely towards Wi-Fi, Sicilia responds, Deputized? Already? I was expecting to have to do a whole song and dance for you all to get you to let me sign up. Brute is convincing. She flicks her tail around, letting the psychic's hand grasp it for a moment before she coils up once more, having already lost a touch of steadiness from the maneuver.

As her gaze returns to Maia, her reptilian face curls in the equivalent of a human frown. It seems rather aggravated towards humans. I was hoping my nature would let me speak with it more easily than the others can, calm it down and lead it to... sandwiches, I suppose? She shoots a confused glance at Wi-Fi as she mentions the seeming food-obsession the being has, Besides, I'm not the best choice for crowd control. Surprisingly, being a mutated animal doesn't exactly earn me brownie points around here. That's the American expression, right?
Sicilia
An Italian Noodle who bites back!

Gear and Current Status
Quick Stats
I.S.P.: 33/39
H.P.: 34/34
S.D.C.: 99/99
User avatar
Sicilia
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:20 pm

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Brute » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:30 pm

(Rolls carried over)

Crucible wrote:"This creature is unlikely to be speaking English as a first language. I've just given you the ability to speak and understand any language. Hopefully make your negotiations easier."


"Thanks! That'll really help!" I hope...

Maia wrote:”OUTRAGE. NO HUMANS INNOCENT. YOU BURN YOUR FUELS, SPREAD YOUR POISONS. THE USEFUL ENSLAVED, ELSE DESTROYED. AND YOU DO NOTHING WHILE THE LIFE SUFFERS. DETERMINATION. WE WILL NOT DO NOTHING.”


Brute holds up his hands, taking no hostile action. Using Crucible's magic, he attempts to speak the plant-thing's native language. "Okay - I agree. Fossil fuels are terrible. That's not something we can fix today. What can we..."

Crucible wrote:"Sir, this creature arrived as a spirit. I don't think that body is it's body per se, more something it is inhabiting. However, trapping it might actually being hurting it, depending on what it is."


Maia wrote:”OUTRAGE. DETERMINATION. WILL. NOT. IMPRISON.”


Brute nods. Again addressing the plant entity in its native language, he says, "The force field isn't for you - if I wanted to capture you I wouldn't have put myself in the cage with you. The forcefield is to protect everyone else." He gestures at the citizens.

"I don't want you or anyone else to get hurt today. I just want to talk. Can we do that? Can we calm down and talk?"

Wi-Fi wrote:"if this turns ugly I have Barricade ready to put a sphere around the plant and get it out of civilian threat zone if we need to. The Snake and woman on crowd control look friendly enough I will talk to them and deputized them. be careful, Clint. A little early for me to avenge you still."


Clint thinks to Wi-Fi, hoping she can read his mind, Negative, do not capture it. Just keep the civilians safe. It hasn't hurt anyone yet today and I would rather it got away than risk a fight with all these people around. And... wait... did you say woman and snake? What in the world is going on here?
Brute

Normal Form
AR: 0
HP: 45/45
SDC: 186/186

Monstrous Form
AR: 13
HP: 40/40
SDC: 846/846

Motion detector, 20’ radius range
Predator’s hearing (+2 Initiative, 8X Normal)

Omega Suit v3.1.7
OOC Comments
S.D.C. by Location:
  • Arms: 90 each
  • Legs: 100 each
  • Main Body: 250
  • *Body Camera: 15
Weight: 6 lbs
Modifiers:
  • AR: 17
  • *Body Camera (-2 to strike via aimed shot only)
Features:
  • Hyper-mimetic alloy fibers change size and molecular composition to fit wearer regardless of APS powers, shape or size changes.
  • Built-in short range encrypted radio transceiver (Omega freq only).
  • Built-in RFID transponder for C.S.P.D. verifies wearer is a Centurion to all C.S.P.D. and their precise GPS location within 20'
  • Body Camera located in center of chest.
  • Anti-Tamper system
  • Wrist mounted computer - allows real-time tracking of Omega agents in the field
User avatar
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 673
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:48 am
Location: Starkville, MS

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Tom Cassidy » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:47 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 99/63%
JIC: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 55

Conditions:
- 2,700/3,400 Force Field S.D.C.

Wi-Fi and Barricade spend their time scanning the crowd for threats. They see almost entirely smiling faces trying to meet their gaze. As they continue to scan the crowd, they notice a rather large snake in the far back peering out over top of the crowd.


Tom's eyes settle on the snake in the crowd (as opposed to the proverbial snake in the grass). Yep, that qualifies as 'out of the ordinary.' Still smiling so as to not disrupt the presentation, he keys his comlink. "Hey, anyone else got eyes on a large snake enjoying the show at ((insert location here))? Or am I hallucinating?"
- Radio: Basic -- 1d100 = 48/100%

As odd as that might be, however, the sight of a plant-being manifesting itself and demanding sandwiches is ten times as much. I guess it wouldn't be a proper superhero press conference without things going sideways, he grumbles to himself. At least we got through the presentation before the monster showed up.
- Save vs HF 11 -- 1d20 = 18

Brute wrote:"Barricade - can you get a force bubble around me and this plant thing? I'm not interested in collateral damage today. Everyone else establish a perimeter between us and the civvies. Thank you."

Crucible wrote:"By the way, it was some kind of spirit before it became a tree. I spotted it as Sentinel was speaking. I think it might have noticed me notice it


"On it, chief..." he quips as he gestures and erects as large a dome (200 SDC) as he possibly can encapsulating Brute and the monster. He doesn't have to gesture in order to put up these things, but doing so helps him visualize. If it looks stupid but works, then it's not stupid. "A spirit form? So is it like possessing the local flora or something?"

The monster teleporting outside the dome only brings a grunt of annoyance. "Fine. Freakin' teleporters..." he mutters as he cancels out the force dome. He's about to generate some energy accoutrements when he hears Wi-Fi's voice inside his head. He gives her a quick nod. Not sure that's going to help if it can teleport out, but I'll try.

sees/hears the giant snake slither up and try to talk to the monster. Even more bizarre is the appearance of a flying exo-suit and a mechanical wolf trying to work crowd control. "Looks like it's open mic night at the Omega house," he smirks. "We asked for volunteers, we may have just got some." He gives them and Wi-Fi a quick smile and nod as she seems to be handling their arrival well enough on her own.

Turning his attention back to Brute and the monster his thoughts go to the crowd. He snaps his fingers and creates a couple more barricade walls (200 SDC each), sizing/angling them for maximum coverage between the crowd and the monster. He doesn't understand what Brute's saying but it seems he's trying to defuse the situation. Here's hoping he's able to talk our way out of this. I'd hate to have to defoliate... whatever this is.
...
...
...
Wait -- SANDWICHES?????


Actions:
1-2.) Create force dome
3-4.) Create force field barricade
5-6.) Create force field barricade

Auto-parries if needed (he doesn't have any actions remaining to put up his energy shield): 1d20+5 = 9, 1d20+5 = 7, 1d20+5 = 8, 1d20+5 = 24, 1d20+5 = 21, 1d20+5 = 9
User avatar
Tom Cassidy
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:24 pm
Location: Heroes Unlimited: Century Station

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Wi-Fi » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:30 pm

Clint thinks to Wi-Fi, hoping she can read his mind, Negative, do not capture it. Just keep the civilians safe. It hasn't hurt anyone yet today and I would rather it got away than risk a fight with all these people around. And... wait... did you say woman and snake? What in the world is going on here?


"Agreed, I was thinking to negotiate way from the crowd. It would look good for us to do this here. Yes, a woman and a snake. We can talk about it over pizza and subs. A non-Biblical snake I hope. One of our new potential omega is an animal like our bear mutant. She might have better luck.." she telepathically communicated back. she was concerned about a raving child-like intelligent plant, but if Brute could not pull it off hopefully Wi-Fi's scally new friend could. We can have Sentinel Teleport the plant out should we need to move him/her as a last resort I hope we don't need it. with all the strangeness it was going to be an interesting dinner later.

"Hey, anyone else got eyes on a large snake enjoying the show at ((insert location here))? Or am I hallucinating?"


"You are not I am speaking with her now. she seems quite friendly, Maybe not so much to giant mice and small cats possibly. Also, my last plan is on hold we can have Sentinel move our guest should the need arise, let's focus on keeping civilians safe." she jokes looking on with little to do.

In mental speak directed solely towards Wi-Fi, Sicilia responds, Deputized? Already? I was expecting to have to do a whole song and dance for you all to get you to let me sign up. Brute is convincing. She flicks her tail around, letting the psychic's hand grasp it for a moment before she coils up once more, having already lost a touch of steadiness from the maneuver.

As her gaze returns to Maia, her reptilian face curls in the equivalent of a human frown. It seems rather aggravated towards humans. I was hoping my nature would let me speak with it more easily than the others can, calm it down and lead it to... sandwiches, I suppose? She shoots a confused glance at Wi-Fi as she mentions the seeming food-obsession the being has, Besides, I'm not the best choice for crowd control. Surprisingly, being a mutated animal doesn't exactly earn me brownie points around here. That's the American expression, right?


"I prefer people who want to be omega or at my back. not those forced or here as a means to avoid prison. The person at my back should be a stand-up person, you'll pardon the term and return I try to help best as I can. As to crowd control what you look like should not matter. You do have a point though. Some people might react less than happy to snakes. You seem nice to me, though.. Anyone gives you a hard time Brute and I will back you up. I knew a bear and a werewolf...I am pretty sure you are going to fit in. now getting you into an Omega suit might be a challenge.." she added with a pause and shrug.


"You may call me Iron Maiden, I was hoping to introduce myself to your team, though I was not looking for this set of circumstances. Still, statistically public announcements my superteams are interrupted more often than not...it is one reason why such thins are typically handled indirectly," as a superhero wannabe Chastity has some familiarity with these things.

Actually, it was one reason she showed up here, Given how rarely public hero events go off without a hitch, I figured I might have a chance to strut my stuff today and be introduced to the team.


"Good to meet you Ironmaiden, It would seem we are no exception. I spotted you heading right to crowd control, good call on that." Wi-Fi nods at her looking to the plant. Teleporting that sort mass may not be possible. and where would they send him? amd island with plant life in the middle of the pacific or South America? Maybe he could vent on some guerrilla fighters working for terrorist. or Drug dealers. While she would have happily did that it was not the omega way. Not Brute's way. She now knew how Batman felt about working with Superman.
Image
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
Bonuses in green apply only when force aura is active.
PPE: 15
ISP: 94/140
HP: 30 (34 with aura)
SDC: 47 (260)
Aura: 240/260 (Aura also gives superhuman strength)
Swarm status: 5 (all healthy)
Stubby/Rover/Sparky/Nameless #1/Nameless #2
SDC: 50/50/50/50/50
TRS-13
SDC: 50
AR: 6

CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
Image
[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points
• Integrated IRMSS: 20,000 credits to recharge (R:UE, p.263)
Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: sidearm, magazine, E-clip, grenade, canteen, food ration pack, minor items or individual tools.

• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low Lethality)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low Lethality)
• Attachment: Flash Pack
• Attachment: Flash Pack
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack

Omega Field Kit
Collapsible fiberglass nightstick - 1D6 Damage
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
• Range: Melee
• Damage: None. This gloves discharge an energy charge that short circuits the nervous system. Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry and dodge for 2d4 melee rounds.
A successful saving throw means the person has successfully fought off the effect and is unimpaired. Roll to save against each strike. Saving throw versus toxins.
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only, five shots total per melee
• Payload: 10/10 shots per charge (no clip)[/size]
User avatar
Wi-Fi
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 716
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:28 am

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Blackhaunt » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:53 pm

RETROPOLIS
Date: Thursday, April 2nd, 2043
Weather: Outside: Sunny, warm, bright (69 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 12:23 pm

From the already exciting event comes even more excitement. Not necessarily of the good kind. One might even call it a confused panic. The crowd watches in awe as a towering being made of plants creates itself out of the greenery that is the Omega Lawn. For a brief moment, the crowd seems thrilled by the guest appearance. Perhaps a secret Omega reveal? But when the 'voice' from the vine creature begins to make demands of sandwiches, that's when they realize that things have gone to pot. They begin screaming and attempting to vacate the area. Brute gives some orders and Barricade places a Force Bubble around Brute and the vine creature. Brute tries to reason with the plant calmly. He finds quickly that he is alone in the Force Bubble and that the plant is now outside of it, still raging. Crucible creates an armor around himself and magically inquires as to the creature being a supernatural evil. It does not register on that spectrum for him. He does recognize it as some sort of plant spirit. Similar to a Kodama, not quite a Dryad based on its appearance. And give that it made a body from vines and not the surrounding trees, it could be a new type of being. Wi-Fi telepathically communicates with the vine creature, but doesn't get much of a response. Wi-Fi then turns her efforts toward crowd control. She finds help from Chastity, who creates a bullhorn from her arm and begins directing the crowd out of the premises. Sicilia expresses her confusion at being tapped so early but doesn't say no. Rook hovers overhead to keep an eye on things civilian-wise. Which is good, because she swoops in to save a young boy who would have been trampled. Barricade's walls separate the creature from the crowd.

And then...

The Omegas feel a rumbling and witness as the crowd that ran out of the area begin to run back in. What they are were running from presents itself. Themselves...

Two gigantic lizard men are walking into the Omega Press Conference! Like 4 stories gigantic.

"Puny humans! Bow before the Megasaurs!" one of them roars. They rush at you.
ImageImage

What are you doing?
Combat posts!
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 834
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:39 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: CENTURY STATION

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Maia » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:15 pm

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 3
JIC: 1d20 = 6, 1d100 = 32
PER: 1d100 = 83 vs. 21%
APM: 6
Conditions
  • Crystal armor- +3 strike/parry/dodge, +4 to damage. Takes 1/3 damage from light and laser attacks.
Biology- 1d100 = 56 vs. 106%
To determine whether the megasauruses are terrestrial in origin (i.e., part of The Life)

Maia largely ignores the crowd. It’s not that she doesn’t want to kill humans, it’s just not the most direct path to her goals. At least, not yet. She turns away from her search for the Sandwiches, and for some sort of pollution to destroy, and observes the newcomers silently for a few moments. How exactly she reacts to them depends on whether they are part of The Life.

If the megasauruses are from Earth (or if she isn’t sure), then they are part of The Life and as deserving of Maia’s protection as the humans. Possibly moreso. She will sit, and wait- maybe dig her toes into the nearby soil, catch some rays, or otherwise find a salty snack to satiate her while she enjoys the show. Perhaps these megasauruses will make better allies than the humans. She will entertain any requests for assistance, but absent a compelling reason to assist the humans she will merely say ”AMUSEMENT. STRONGEST LEADS. WHO?” and resume her snack/bask.

However, if Maia herself is attacked, she will immediately revert to full rage-mode. ”RAGE. MISTAKE.” Similarly, if Maia determines that the two are foreign material as far as the Earth’s biosphere is concerned, she will adopt an openly hostile tone. ”HATRED. INFECTION. STERILIZE.” If, one way or another, Maia is incited to join the fight, she will do so without hesitation.

Action 1: Use bend light to create a blind spot around herself for this melee round.
Action 2: Encase the head of whichever megasaur isn’t closest in crystal.
Actions 3-4: Charge the closest megasaur, and perform a leaping headbutt as soon as they’re in range. 1d20+11 = 27 to strike, 2d4*10 = 40 + 40 = 80 damage.
Action 5: If the megasaur remains upright, Maia will use her head like a fist to punch it in the face. If the megausar falls down, she will climb on top of it and begin smashing the thing’s face with her hands or her feet, whichever she can bring to bear most easily. 1d20+11 = 26 to strike, 2d4*10 = 70 + 40 = 110 damage.
Action 6: If the megasaur remains upright, Maia will use her head like a fist to punch it in the face. If the megausar falls down, she will climb on top of it and begin smashing the thing’s face with her hands or her feet, whichever she can bring to bear most easily. 1d20+11 = 28 to strike, 2d4*10 = 60 + 40 = 100 damage.

Auto-parries: 1d20+12 = 18, 1d20+12 = 29, 1d20+12 = 25, 1d20+12 = 29, 1d20+12 = 17, 1d20+12 = 26
User avatar
Maia
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:07 am

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Sicilia » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:32 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 72/51%
JiC d100: 1d100 = 24; JiC d20: 1d20 = 10
APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 13

Wi-Fi wrote:"I prefer people who want to be omega or at my back. not those forced or here as a means to avoid prison. The person at my back should be a stand-up person, you'll pardon the term and return I try to help best as I can. As to crowd control what you look like should not matter. You do have a point though. Some people might react less than happy to snakes. You seem nice to me, though.. Anyone gives you a hard time Brute and I will back you up. I knew a bear and a werewolf...I am pretty sure you are going to fit in. now getting you into an Omega suit might be a challenge.." she added with a pause and shrug.


SIcilia nods at the reasoning, letting out a quiet hiss as her tongue flicks out in thought. Thanks. As for the suit, most clothes chafe when I move about, for obvious reasons. We can work something out later, when- She is cut off by the approach of the self-proclaimed Megasaurs, slithering out of the way in a very brief moment of instinctual panic at such a large threat. She quickly regains her wits, focusing more on protecting people, her previous argument about scaring them with her appearance already half-forgotten.

Those things are huge! I don't think I can do much to help the Omegas out with them. Her attention shifts to the currently immobile Maia, if she can find her. But I bet that thing could do a lot to help out, if I can get it to move! What would get that to happen, though? She makes her way towards the vine-creature, coiling up next to her and hissing at her to get her attention. Excuse me! I know you don't really care about me or the humans, but please don't let these things hurt anyone. You're all about protecting the Life, right? At least humans sometimes try to protect and help nature, who knows what these things will do if they're the ones running the show. You think they'll do anything more than just smash and destroy?

She doesn't have time to form a more cogent argument, hoping that it's enough to at least grab Maia's attention to the possibility before she slithers off, moving next to the crowd of people currently racing away from the Megasaurs. This time, she lets everyone in range hear her mental communication, which bypasses the need to hear her normally. Everyone, this way! Stay calm, let the Omegas handle this. Come on, this way, I'll keep you safe! With the Megasaurs blocking the way out, she will direct anyone who will listen to her down to the side of the garage, between it and the outside fence, One at a time, no pushing or trampling, please! We want everyone to be safe, it'll be alright. She will do her best to keep herself between the people and the Megasaurs.

Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 96 / 10% - To help get the panicking humans to listen to her and follow her directions.

Action 1: Mental Speak - If she can find Maia, speak to her to try and convince her to help.
Action 2: Mental Speak - Move to the crowd of people and try to get them to follow her.
Action 3: Mental Speak - Direct the people down the thin path by the garage.
Action 4: Bite a Megasaur if they approach - Strike: 1d20+5 = 10; Damage: 1d6+17 = 23
Action 5: Bite a Megasaur if they stay near or continue attacking her or try to get to the people behind her - Strike: 1d20+5 = 18; Damage: 1d6+17 = 18
Action 6: Bite a Megasaur if they stay near or continue attacking her or try to get to the people behind her - Strike: 1d20+5 = 18; Damage: 1d6+17 = 21

Auto-parries: 1d20+9 = 13 ; 1d20+9 = 12 ; 1d20+9 = 27 ; 1d20+9 = 21 ; 1d20+9 = 26 ; 1d20+9 = 23
Sicilia
An Italian Noodle who bites back!

Gear and Current Status
Quick Stats
I.S.P.: 33/39
H.P.: 34/34
S.D.C.: 99/99
User avatar
Sicilia
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:20 pm

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Iron Maiden » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:46 am

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 62
JIC: 1d20 = 12
JIC%: 1d100 = 34

From the looks of it, the plant creature is some kind of elemental or fae creature that is upset with humans for damaging the environment. That is an understandable position, there are humans with the same opinion. At least it is not attacking, so it may be possible to negotiate with it.

The same can not be said for he next two arrivals. They call themselves Megasaurs and demand everyone bow before their might, then rush to attack before anyone has a chance to do so.

One appears to be heavily armored like an Ankylosaurus, while the other has rows of cooling fins and a spiked tail like a Stegosaurus.

Chastity thinks, Now, according to a recent documentary I watched, the Stegasaurus is the Martial Artist of dinosaurs, it is likely to be the more mobile of the two, and thus more dangerous. The heavy bone armor of the Ankylosaur is a strong defense, but slows it down. These creatures are clearly not those creatures, for one thing they are bigger. They are also bipedal and apparently intelligent. To be that big and bipedal they require strength beyond that of normal living tissues, just to move their own weight...that is unless they are less solid than the appear. That theory needs to be tested...

Chastity morphs her leg jets and takes to the air, rising up to about a hundred feet into the air. This might not be out of reach of a good jumper their size, but should be far enough to let her dodge if they try.

She thinks, Going to need to stay at range.

She lifts her Megaphone and shouts through it, "As deputized officers of the law, we request you to cease and desist endangering lives and inducing panic. Surrender peacefully and we will not be forced to use extreme measures."

She does not expect them to do so, but standard police rules require identifying yourself and requesting surrender before attacking.

She morphs her left arm into a rocket launcher and prepares to fire...

Initiative: 1d20 = 8
Actions: 4, Strike bonus +1, Damage (to target) 1d6*10 within a 4' radius, Parry +3 when applicable (+5 if shield), Dodge +3
Action 1: Announce self, dodge if required 1d20+3 = 16
Action 2: Morph weapons, Dodge if required 1d20+3 = 7
Action 3: Attack 1d20+1 = 8, Damage 1d6*10 = 60
Action 4: Attack 1d20+1 = 6, Damage 1d6*10 = 10

Gearwolf stands back, baring his fangs and giving a metallic growl, but waiting for an opening to attack these much larger foes to advantage.
Iron Maiden
Natural AR 11
HP: 141/139
SDC: 945/945
Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every 2 rounds

CLOCKWORK WOLF
Natural AR 16
SDC: 150
User avatar
Iron Maiden
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun May 03, 2020 3:38 pm

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Crucible » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:37 pm

Perception Bonus: 31%/56% to recognise the arcane 1d100 = 40
JIC 1d100 = 6 1d20 = 19

Tom Cassidy wrote:"A spirit form? So is it like possessing the local flora or something?"


"Possibly. Taking out the tree might not get rid of it. It's not evil, not like say a demon. Definitely bound to nature, bit like a Dryad, but not exactly. It does not resemble anything I know about. Whatever it is, is ether newly born or very old and been not around humans."


Blackhaunt wrote:Two gigantic lizard men are walking into the Omega Press Conference! Like 4 stories gigantic.

"Puny humans! Bow before the Megasaurs!" one of them roars. They rush at you.


Heh, got to say, been on the team 24 hours and already fighting dinosaurs. Certainly not going to be bored.

Creating the 4th order formi in his mind, he quickly creates multiple images of himself.

Best get the civilians out of here. he decides as he mentally orders Silver down the street. Use her sight to enable me to open a portal

Initiative 1d20+2 = 21+2 if Multiple image is successful
Attack 1 casts multiple image on self 7ppe lasts 3 minutes
Attack 2 carpet of adhesion 10ppe on the nearer Megasaur
Attacks 3-4 Speed of the Snail (50) on both Megasaurs - range 60 feet, lasts 6 melee rounds - reduces speed, attacks, dodge and parry to 1/3. can affect 1d6 = 6 if additional creatures arrive before this point, are in range and sufficient number above, cast on them
Attack 5 send Silver down the street before moving between the crowd and the Megasaurs.


Dodge +2 to all if Multiple image is successful

1d20+6 = 15
1d20+6 = 11
1d20+6 = 23
1d20+6 = 23
1d20+6 = 22


Parry
1d20+6 = 7
1d20+6 = 10
1d20+6 = 15
1d20+6 = 17
1d20+6 = 25


101 PPE
Armour of Ithan - AR18 SDC 130 - lasts 3 minutes - 10PPE 2 minutes remaining
Tongues x2 - speaks all languages 98% including Alien and elemental languages 24 PPE - lasts 15 minutes 14 minutes remaining
Multiple Image
viewtopic.php?f=964&t=17657

OOC Comments
PPE: 706
HP: 46
SDC: 71
Age: 27
Sex: Male
Height: 6 ft 3
Weight: 210lbs
Description: Tall, well built, muscular, with long flowing robes that cover his body. In civilian clothes, wavy brown hair cut military short, wears large shades to cover his left eye, with slightly weathered skin. Average looking with a strange false left eye. often seen carrying a book of various different subjects.

Eye of Odin
20/20 vision, Nightvision (600', constant, no cost)), See Aura (constant, no cost), See the Invisible (constant, no cost)
User avatar
Crucible
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:22 pm

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Wi-Fi » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:02 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 32
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 29

Thanks. As for the suit, most clothes chafe when I move about, for obvious reasons. We can work something out later, when-


"Ya thinking the new sit can wait...that is big..." Wi-Fi said with a whistle as she turns a silver color. Not good. This thing falls it could do more damage than it standing or fighting. Perhaps a better strategy would to be to lead it out of the city to water or the open wilderness.We have power and gas lines in the area that could rupture. the loss of power or explosions could hurt a lot of people indirectly. This requires a little more focus and help. Hmmm, I wonder if this could help mend fences with the Cenrturains?

"Brute, I have two immediate ideas.
1) We lead these two out of the city and to water. We may have to clear a path for the bruisers to travel ahead of them. The Centurian, Iron Brigade, and Chimera's meta team can do that. We need something to blind the megasours. Then hit them and let them chase us out of the city while blind. The Dino's fall in the city we could have power and gas lines get breached causing a lot more damage.
"

"2) find a way to shrink them down in size. Again the Centurians and UG both strike me as the type who might that sort of tech. Magic could work too. Sentinel and Crucible could find an item or person with the right spell." the mutant offered as she was dodging to cover or to avoid being turned into Psychic tomato.

"Possibly. Taking out the tree might not get rid of it. It's not evil, not like say a demon. Definitely bound to nature, a bit like a Dryad, but not exactly. It does not resemble anything I know about. Whatever it is, is ether newly born or very old and been not around humans."


"Sentinel and Crucible, let's worry about our big boys up there. Do either of you know any 'shrinking' spells or where we can get one fast?" she calls via comms to them. Once in cover she hoped to get something on the Godizzila wanna-be posers.
Skill check:
Radio: Basic: 1d100 = 77 /109%
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 17
Dodge: (fi needed)
1d20+5 = 9
1d20+5 = 13
1d20+5 = 9
1d20+5 = 14
1d20+5 = 23
1d20+5 = 15
1d20+5 = 19
1d20+5 = 6
Last edited by Wi-Fi on Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
Bonuses in green apply only when force aura is active.
PPE: 15
ISP: 94/140
HP: 30 (34 with aura)
SDC: 47 (260)
Aura: 240/260 (Aura also gives superhuman strength)
Swarm status: 5 (all healthy)
Stubby/Rover/Sparky/Nameless #1/Nameless #2
SDC: 50/50/50/50/50
TRS-13
SDC: 50
AR: 6

CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
Image
[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points
• Integrated IRMSS: 20,000 credits to recharge (R:UE, p.263)
Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: sidearm, magazine, E-clip, grenade, canteen, food ration pack, minor items or individual tools.

• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low Lethality)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low Lethality)
• Attachment: Flash Pack
• Attachment: Flash Pack
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack

Omega Field Kit
Collapsible fiberglass nightstick - 1D6 Damage
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
• Range: Melee
• Damage: None. This gloves discharge an energy charge that short circuits the nervous system. Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry and dodge for 2d4 melee rounds.
A successful saving throw means the person has successfully fought off the effect and is unimpaired. Roll to save against each strike. Saving throw versus toxins.
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only, five shots total per melee
• Payload: 10/10 shots per charge (no clip)[/size]
User avatar
Wi-Fi
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 716
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:28 am

Re: OMEGA BASE: The Big Takeover

Postby Brute » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:26 pm

Perception: 51% 1d100 = 83 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 16
1d100 = 55

Conditions: Monstrous Form; APS limb: Crystal

As Maia transports herself out of the dome, and Barricade cancels the dome, Brute begins to think of another line of reasoning to get the plant thing calmed down. It hasn't hurt anyone yet - this could all be a big misunderstanding, and hopefully one we can hammer out without a crowd...

At the thought of the word hammer, he feels a pang of regret that his new hammer is tucked away in his quarters, inside the HQ. No time to grab it. Then, I told my team to leave their big weapons inside.

Suddenly, he feels the vibrations in the ground, and looks and sees the two giant dino-men approaching.

Megasuars wrote:"Puny humans! Bow before the Megasaurs!"


What fresh hell is this? Brute tries to think what these monsters may be, and if they'd have any weaknesses in the lore, or if he'd heard of these creatures before, perhaps in CSPD's or national databases.

Lore: Demons & Monsters 40% 1d100 = 41 (FAIL)
Intelligence 54% 1d100 = 19 (SUCCESS)

Brute sighs, and turns toward Maia.

"We could really use your help right now."

As the Megasaurs charge, he follows suit, shouting orders as he engages.

"GET THOSE PEOPLE TO SAFETY! DON'T LET THE MEGASAURS GET CLOSE!" He charges at super-speed and leaps, using his extraordinary leaping power to easily clear the height to one of the beast's shoulders, and tries to land acrobatically without losing his balance, before beginning to hammer away at the creature.

Gymnastics/ Sense of Balance 86% 1d100 = 34 (SUCCESS)

"We're the Omegas! Surrender NOW!"

Awe factor 15 (failed roll means opponent loses initiative and 1 attack for that round)

Initiative: 1d20+8 = 19

APM: 8

Action 1: Leap to creature's shoulder; "We're the Omegas! Surrender NOW!" (check vs. Awe factor 15)
Action 2: Bludgeon with Crystal fist 1d20+5 = 19; Damage 2d4*10 = 40 + 2d6+37 = 48 = 88
Action 3: Slash with Serious 1d20+5 = 22; Damage 2d4*10 = 70 + 2d6+37 = 48 = 118
Action 4: Bludgeon with Crystal fist 1d20+5 = 13; Damage 2d4*10 = 40 + 2d6+37 = 40 = 80
Action 5: Bludgeon with Crystal fist 1d20+5 = 16; Damage 2d4*10 = 60 + 2d6+37 = 44 = 104
Action 6: Slash with Results 1d20+5 = 18; Damage 2d4*10 = 30 + 2d6+37 = 47 = 77
Action 7: Bludgeon with Crystal fist 1d20+5 = 10; Damage 2d4*10 = 70 + 2d6+37 = 42 = 112
Action 8: Bludgeon with Crystal fist 1d20+5 = 22; Damage 2d4*10 = 50 + 2d6+37 = 41 = 91

Parries (if needed): 1) 1d20+14 = 34 (Nat. 20!); 2) 1d20+14 = 31; 3) 1d20+14 = 34 (Nat. 20!); 4) 1d20+14 = 29; 5) 1d20+14 = 29; 6) 1d20+14 = 26; 7) 1d20+14 = 27; 8 ) 1d20+14 = 29
Autododges: 1) 1d20+2 = 19; 2) 1d20+2 = 5; 3) 1d20+2 = 19; 4) 1d20+2 = 11; 5) 1d20+2 = 17; 6) 1d20+2 = 6; 7) 1d20+2 = 19; 8 ) 1d20+2 = 16
Brute

Normal Form
AR: 0
HP: 45/45
SDC: 186/186

Monstrous Form
AR: 13
HP: 40/40
SDC: 846/846

Motion detector, 20’ radius range
Predator’s hearing (+2 Initiative, 8X Normal)

Omega Suit v3.1.7
OOC Comments
S.D.C. by Location:
  • Arms: 90 each
  • Legs: 100 each
  • Main Body: 250
  • *Body Camera: 15
Weight: 6 lbs
Modifiers:
  • AR: 17
  • *Body Camera (-2 to strike via aimed shot only)
Features:
  • Hyper-mimetic alloy fibers change size and molecular composition to fit wearer regardless of APS powers, shape or size changes.
  • Built-in short range encrypted radio transceiver (Omega freq only).
  • Built-in RFID transponder for C.S.P.D. verifies wearer is a Centurion to all C.S.P.D. and their precise GPS location within 20'
  • Body Camera located in center of chest.
  • Anti-Tamper system
  • Wrist mounted computer - allows real-time tracking of Omega agents in the field
User avatar
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 673
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:48 am
Location: Starkville, MS


Return to Century Station: Operation Overlord Adventures

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron