BRAVO: Smash or Be Smashed

In Century Station Operation Overlord has begun, villains beware!

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

BRAVO: Smash or Be Smashed

Postby Blackhaunt » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:19 pm

"Get up. Stop crying. Yes, you lost. Yes, that means I'm going to kill you. But you don't want to die like this, like a coward. You want to die on your feet. Like a hero." The man in the red suit with the black flower in his breastpocket circled the loser in the ring like he was prey.

"P...p...please...Mister K... J...j...just one more...match..."

The man in the red suit stopped circling. He beckoned to someone outside of the ring. "Get him up." Two men grab the battered man and hold him in place on his feet. "I hate cowards. More than anything, I hate cowards." A crimson glow comes from behind the man in the red suit. He looks the injured man in the face and says "Know that you died in the worst way possible."

*SPLORCH*

Viscera falls to the floor as does the headless corpse of the beaten man. The man in the red suit turns his attention beyond the ring.
"He showed weakness! Cowardice! We are here to be the opposite of what he revealed. We are here to be strong! To be brave! And we are here to show them that we won't be strongarmed by anyone! Especially them! Prove your worth! Join my ranks! Together we can make our dream the truth!"
The crowd explodes in applause. The man in the red suit turns to one of the other two men in the ring.

"Clean this up. It smells like failure in here."
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master

Re: BRAVO: Smash or Be Smashed

Postby Blackhaunt » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:20 pm

RETROPOLIS
Date: Monday, April 6th, 2043
Weather: Outside: Cloudy, raining, warm (60 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 10:00 am

Bravo enters the briefing room and sees there's some coffee in the pot and pastries/fruit on a tray. Standing at the head of the table is a fit man wearing a blue bodysuit with silver highlights.

"Welcome to the briefing, Bravo. I'm Detective Korbut from the Megapolis PD but you can call me Guardian Plus. I've been asked by your Director Balisong to bring your team into the fold on this particular issue."

"You may be aware that our city of Megapolis is well known for its fighting circuit. The Tough Cookies MMA championship happens there annually as well as many other widely televised fighting events. One thing we don't cotton to is the use of powers during those fights. That unfair advantage has been outlawed in our entire city. Before you say it, yes people tried to set up a superhuman class of televised fighting. Between skyhigh insurance rates and numerous fatal mismatches, that was quickly off the table as well. Enter 'The Arena'. We've been hearing whispers of an underground superhuman fighting ring for months now. Last week, it began streaming across the internet. We aren't sure of the specific location, only that it's in our city. We've had our tech folks work on tracking the source of the video stream, but they've been blocked at every turn. We've tried to place undercover officers on the case, but they've all ended up getting rejected for lack of powers or if they made it any further, haven't been heard from since. One officer's still in a coma due to blunt force trauma to the head."

"This is where you come in. As unknowns in my city, it should be easy enough for you to get in when the time comes. So, the plan is to head back to Megapolis, we rustle some feathers, find our fighting ring and break it up. Shouldn't take but a week tops. Any questions?"

What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master

Postby Wi-Fi » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:46 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 61/62%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 97

You may be aware that our city of Megapolis is well known for its fighting circuit. The Tough Cookies MMA championship happens there annually as well as many other widely televised fighting events. One thing we don't cotton to is the use of powers during those fights. That unfair advantage has been outlawed in our entire city. Before you say it, yes people tried to set up a superhuman class of televised fighting. Between skyhigh insurance rates and numerous fatal mismatches, that was quickly off the table as well.

"I do agree that regulating meta's in fights is tough. Century Station has an underground arena too. Not quite as famous though Run by the Minator I think. " Wi-Fi adds continuing to listen, As kid she saw some meta fights from the underground.They were online and through underground TV. Cable options for the Vigilante life were limited sadly.

We aren't sure of the specific location, only that it's in our city. We've had our tech folks work on tracking the source of the video stream, but they've been blocked at every turn.

"A look at the city for areas big enough and forgotten might lead us there as well. I can try to trace the signals myself. If I can get the 'bounce' point locations we can check them. A fight is no value if you can not transmit it. Those maintaining it might be persuaded to provide info under the right motivation." she says looking thoughtful.

We've tried to place undercover officers on the case, but they've all ended up getting rejected for lack of powers or if they made it any further, haven't been heard from since. One officer's still in a coma due to blunt force trauma to the head."

"Can we see this officer in a coma? I might be able to contact him. We also have others that can heal. Did he have anything on him when he was injured?" The psychic offers. Psychic healing did have advantages modern medicine did not. Sentinel and the Omega healer and Lexx might be of help here too.

"This is where you come in. As unknowns in my city, it should be easy enough for you to get in when the time comes. So, the plan is to head back to Megapolis, we rustle some feathers, find our fighting ring and break it up. Any questions?

"Unknown? you do realize we had a four-story tall monster get killed in our bases front yard? I would think we are not 'unknown'. But then again your average TV/internet user has a memory span of about 10 minutes on a good day." she comments with a grin," Detective Korbut, It is a pleasure to meet you." she offers a handshake.

Skills of note being used:
Intelligence1d100 = 74/ 73% (for fighting circuits legal or otherwise. Like the group Body Shots were in)
Streetwise 1d100 = 50/85% (to remember if she or the Nest ran into them.)
TV/Video 1d100 = 52/108% (for shows that are MMA based, Legal or otherwise)
Computer Operation 1d100 = 74/113% (for shows that are MMA based, Legal or otherwise)
Law 1d100 = 97/93% (about shows that are MMA based, Legal or otherwise)
If my post is too stupidly written to read...ask me for a translation or hit me up in Hangouts.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
Bonuses in green apply only when force aura is active.
PPE: 15
ISP: 94/140
HP: 30 (34 with aura)
SDC: 47 (260)
Aura: 240/260 (Aura also gives superhuman strength)
Swarm status: 5 (all healthy)
Stubby/Rover/Sparky/Nameless #1/Nameless #2
SDC: 50/50/50/50/50
TRS-13
SDC: 50
AR: 6

CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points
• Integrated IRMSS: 20,000 credits to recharge (R:UE, p.263)
Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: sidearm, magazine, E-clip, grenade, canteen, food ration pack, minor items or individual tools.

• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low Lethality)
• Attachment: Flash Pack
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack

Omega Field Kit
Collapsible fiberglass nightstick - 1D6 Damage
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
• Range: Melee
• Damage: None. This gloves discharge an energy charge that short circuits the nervous system. Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry and dodge for 2d4 melee rounds.
A successful saving throw means the person has successfully fought off the effect and is unimpaired. Roll to save against each strike. Saving throw versus toxins.
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only, five shots total per melee
• Payload: 10/10 shots per charge (no clip)[/size]
Wi-Fi
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Rook » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:55 am

Condition: Decent, a little hungry

Perception 27%: 1d100 = 80
JIC D20: 1d20 = 8
JIC D100: 1d100 = 86

Rook takes a look around the briefing room upon their arrival, focusing first on the costumed gentleman, then on the pastries. Having not had time for a proper breakfast, the blonde heroine makes her way over to the snacks, taking up one of the pastries and fruit, then a cup of coffee before finding a place to sit near Wi-Fi.

Remaining silent through the start of the briefing, wincing visibly at talk of a super-powered Fight Club, and the fact that one of the undercover officers was in a coma. Rook looks to Wi-fi at their leaders own questions, chewing on the pastry quietly.

"A situation like this, Brute would have been a perfect fit." the young woman murmurs after taking a sip of her coffee (and, making a face at the quality). Looking over to the newer members, Rook studies them for a long moment, wishing she knew more about their capabilities.

"I know that I'd not be overly helpful in a fighting ring, especially against opponents with super-strength.." here she pauses, then smiles slightly. "Though, I suppose I'd at least get away without anything broken or shattered. Hopefully you can trace things back to their point of origin, Wi-Fi, it would make things a whole lot easier."
Rook
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Iron Maiden » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:48 am

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 13
JIC: 1d20 = 10
JIC%: 1d100 = 72

Chastity deliberates, "It would appear that you know how to make contact already, if you have made several attempts to place a person in the fighting circuit, one of which was successful. The first thing we will need to do is create a new Persona for each of us, someone who will not set off red flags in their search engines. I should be easy, as a virtual unknown...I probably did not even wind up on camera during the fight...though I might have after."

Chastity thinks, I will need to leave Mechwolf behind. Go with a Punk look, add spikes to my collar and a costume with lots of leather and straps, face paint, project a attitude.

She inquires, "From what you know of this club, do people use weapons of any sort? I would normally suspect not, if it is supposed to showcase powers, but there are supers who have powers that work through their weapons. I mean, a guy who never misses with a thrown weapon, even if the weapon has to turn in flight, and can make anything he throws explode on impact would need to have his throwing weapons. That sort of thing."

She glances at Rook, looking pointedly at her wings, "I am sure you and I will have no trouble getting in. We have obvious physical powers. We may not be able to reach the highest levels in the ring, but there are bound to be several ranks and we are likely to make it past the first few."

Chastity states, "No, the real problem is likely to be that the first fights are probably death matches, that way once you are in, you have a murder rap hanging over your head and can not get out."

Streetwise (61%): 1d100 = 75 To know how such things as underground fight clubs would be set up.
Computer Operation (56%): 1d100 = 90 To know how image recognition software works.
Iron Maiden
Natural AR 11
HP: 141/141
SDC: 945/945
Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every 2 rounds

CLOCKWORK WOLF
Natural AR 16
SDC: 150
Iron Maiden

Postby Sicilia » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:19 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 36 / 51%
JiC d100: 1d100 = 24; JiC d20: 1d20 = 2

Sicilia enters the room after waiting for the others to make it inside. Once in, she takes in both the stranger and the offered treats. She stares at the food, inedible for her, for a few moments before coiling herself up next to a seat. It had been an interesting time for her. Getting herself moved away from the news company had been fairly simple, and as they had promised, CHIMERA had taken care of the remainder of her lease. With few belongings, the hardest part of the move was getting used to the new space.

Saving the thoughts for a different time, now was the time to focus on the upcoming mission, her first ever hero work. She shifted, reptilian eyes watching the room, the snake a combination of anxious and excited. I hope I can show enough to be useful. It sounds like we'll be facing a fair few supers here.

Once the scenario had been explained, she gave a short hiss before looking to the others, speaking up mentally after their discussion reaches a pause, I shouldn't have much trouble with entering as well. I, ah, might even display a favorable disposition, as a predator, to get further in. If it was possible for a snake to look sheepish, Sicilia managed it.

Guardian Plus, SIcilia asks as she turns her gaze to the detective, She asked about the use of weapons. Do we have any intel on potential members? If there are video streams, we could get an advantage by knowing what abilities we will be facing beforehand. She pauses, thinking to herself for a moment. In fact, if these are fights to the death as we're thinking... Any reports of recent missing persons over the past months would be useful as well, if we can make connections between their passing and this underground fighting ring.
Sicilia
An Italian Noodle who bites back!

Gear and Current Status
Quick Stats
I.S.P.: 33/39
H.P.: 34/34
S.D.C.: 52/99
Sicilia

Postby Wi-Fi » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:03 pm

Rolls maintained:

"A situation like this, Brute would have been a perfect fit." the young woman murmurs after taking a sip of her coffee (and, making a face at the quality). Looking over to the newer members, Rook studies them for a long moment,

Police Coffee. It is the one part of their budget they always cut. Wif-Fi thought. Indeed brute would have been better suited. Wi-Fi was not the best at combat. The tech level needed to find the Underground fight was in her field. All that time in the gym was about to be tested. Not just her, Rook as well.

I know that I'd not be overly helpful in a fighting ring, especially against opponents with super-strength.." here she pauses, then smiles slightly. "Though, I suppose I'd at least get away without anything broken or shattered. Hopefully you can trace things back to their point of origin, Wi-Fi, it would make things a whole lot easier."

"Rook, you are more useful than you think. Superhuman strength does not mean superhuman endurance or damage resistance. If you can get them in a lock or sleeper hold they can fall just as easily. In your case, unbreakable limbs and skeleton is not the only thing you have. A metal-lined headbutt hurts." the mutant added.

Chastity deliberates, "It would appear that you know how to make contact already, if you have made several attempts to place a person in the fighting circuit, one of which was successful. The first thing we will need to do is create a new Persona for each of us, someone who will not set off red flags in their search engines. I should be easy, as a virtual unknown...I probably did not even wind up on camera during the fight...though I might have after."

Chastity states, "No, the real problem is likely to be that the first fights are probably death matches, that way once you are in, you have a murder rap hanging over your head and can not get out."

"Not a bad idea to create a fake persona. As a band of new villains or metas we would have no real footprint." she replies to Chastity. The notion of not getting the Omega name further damaged by murder, even if it is overlooked because of operational necessity was a good concern. The press and the powers that be at the moment thought of them a joke and that was bad enough.

I shouldn't have much trouble with entering as well. I, ah, might even display a favorable disposition, as a predator, to get further in.

"We could paint you in colors to further inspire fear. Colorful snakes are known to be among the most deadly." Wi-Fi said looking to SIcilia.
If my post is too stupidly written to read...ask me for a translation or hit me up in Hangouts.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
Bonuses in green apply only when force aura is active.
PPE: 15
ISP: 94/140
HP: 30 (34 with aura)
SDC: 47 (260)
Aura: 240/260 (Aura also gives superhuman strength)
Swarm status: 5 (all healthy)
Stubby/Rover/Sparky/Nameless #1/Nameless #2
SDC: 50/50/50/50/50
TRS-13
SDC: 50
AR: 6

CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points
• Integrated IRMSS: 20,000 credits to recharge (R:UE, p.263)
Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: sidearm, magazine, E-clip, grenade, canteen, food ration pack, minor items or individual tools.

Omega Field Kit
Collapsible fiberglass nightstick - 1D6 Damage
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
• Range: Melee
• Damage: None. This gloves discharge an energy charge that short circuits the nervous system. Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry and dodge for 2d4 melee rounds.
A successful saving throw means the person has successfully fought off the effect and is unimpaired. Roll to save against each strike. Saving throw versus toxins.
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only, five shots total per melee
• Payload: 10/10 shots per charge (no clip)[/size]
Wi-Fi
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Return to Century Station: Operation Overlord Adventures