BRAVO: Smash or Be Smashed

In Century Station Operation Overlord has begun, villains beware!

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

BRAVO: Smash or Be Smashed

Postby Blackhaunt » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:19 pm

"Get up. Stop crying. Yes, you lost. Yes, that means I'm going to kill you. But you don't want to die like this, like a coward. You want to die on your feet. Like a hero." The man in the red suit with the black flower in his breastpocket circled the loser in the ring like he was prey.

"P...p...please...Mister K... J...j...just one more...match..."

The man in the red suit stopped circling. He beckoned to someone outside of the ring. "Get him up." Two men grab the battered man and hold him in place on his feet. "I hate cowards. More than anything, I hate cowards." A crimson glow comes from behind the man in the red suit. He looks the injured man in the face and says "Know that you died in the worst way possible."

*SPLORCH*

Viscera falls to the floor as does the headless corpse of the beaten man. The man in the red suit turns his attention beyond the ring.
"He showed weakness! Cowardice! We are here to be the opposite of what he revealed. We are here to be strong! To be brave! And we are here to show them that we won't be strongarmed by anyone! Especially them! Prove your worth! Join my ranks! Together we can make our dream the truth!"
The crowd explodes in applause. The man in the red suit turns to one of the other two men in the ring.

"Clean this up. It smells like failure in here."
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master

Re: BRAVO: Smash or Be Smashed

Postby Blackhaunt » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:20 pm

RETROPOLIS
Date: Monday, April 6th, 2043
Weather: Outside: Cloudy, raining, warm (60 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 10:00 am

Bravo enters the briefing room and sees there's some coffee in the pot and pastries/fruit on a tray. Standing at the head of the table is a fit man wearing a blue bodysuit with silver highlights.

"Welcome to the briefing, Bravo. I'm Detective Korbut from the Megapolis PD but you can call me Guardian Plus. I've been asked by your Director Balisong to bring your team into the fold on this particular issue."

"You may be aware that our city of Megapolis is well known for its fighting circuit. The Tough Cookies MMA championship happens there annually as well as many other widely televised fighting events. One thing we don't cotton to is the use of powers during those fights. That unfair advantage has been outlawed in our entire city. Before you say it, yes people tried to set up a superhuman class of televised fighting. Between skyhigh insurance rates and numerous fatal mismatches, that was quickly off the table as well. Enter 'The Arena'. We've been hearing whispers of an underground superhuman fighting ring for months now. Last week, it began streaming across the internet. We aren't sure of the specific location, only that it's in our city. We've had our tech folks work on tracking the source of the video stream, but they've been blocked at every turn. We've tried to place undercover officers on the case, but they've all ended up getting rejected for lack of powers or if they made it any further, haven't been heard from since. One officer's still in a coma due to blunt force trauma to the head."

"This is where you come in. As unknowns in my city, it should be easy enough for you to get in when the time comes. So, the plan is to head back to Megapolis, we rustle some feathers, find our fighting ring and break it up. Shouldn't take but a week tops. Any questions?"

What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master

Postby Wi-Fi » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:46 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 61/62%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 97

You may be aware that our city of Megapolis is well known for its fighting circuit. The Tough Cookies MMA championship happens there annually as well as many other widely televised fighting events. One thing we don't cotton to is the use of powers during those fights. That unfair advantage has been outlawed in our entire city. Before you say it, yes people tried to set up a superhuman class of televised fighting. Between skyhigh insurance rates and numerous fatal mismatches, that was quickly off the table as well.

"I do agree that regulating meta's in fights is tough. Century Station has an underground arena too. Not quite as famous though Run by the Minator I think. " Wi-Fi adds continuing to listen, As kid she saw some meta fights from the underground.They were online and through underground TV. Cable options for the Vigilante life were limited sadly.

We aren't sure of the specific location, only that it's in our city. We've had our tech folks work on tracking the source of the video stream, but they've been blocked at every turn.

"A look at the city for areas big enough and forgotten might lead us there as well. I can try to trace the signals myself. If I can get the 'bounce' point locations we can check them. A fight is no value if you can not transmit it. Those maintaining it might be persuaded to provide info under the right motivation." she says looking thoughtful.

We've tried to place undercover officers on the case, but they've all ended up getting rejected for lack of powers or if they made it any further, haven't been heard from since. One officer's still in a coma due to blunt force trauma to the head."

"Can we see this officer in a coma? I might be able to contact him. We also have others that can heal. Did he have anything on him when he was injured?" The psychic offers. Psychic healing did have advantages modern medicine did not. Sentinel and the Omega healer and Lexx might be of help here too.

"This is where you come in. As unknowns in my city, it should be easy enough for you to get in when the time comes. So, the plan is to head back to Megapolis, we rustle some feathers, find our fighting ring and break it up. Any questions?

"Unknown? you do realize we had a four-story tall monster get killed in our bases front yard? I would think we are not 'unknown'. But then again your average TV/internet user has a memory span of about 10 minutes on a good day." she comments with a grin," Detective Korbut, It is a pleasure to meet you." she offers a handshake.

Skills of note being used:
Intelligence1d100 = 74/ 73% (for fighting circuits legal or otherwise. Like the group Body Shots were in)
Streetwise 1d100 = 50/85% (to remember if she or the Nest ran into them.)
TV/Video 1d100 = 52/108% (for shows that are MMA based, Legal or otherwise)
Computer Operation 1d100 = 74/113% (for shows that are MMA based, Legal or otherwise)
Law 1d100 = 97/93% (about shows that are MMA based, Legal or otherwise)
If my post is too stupidly written to read...ask me for a translation or hit me up in Hangouts.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
Bonuses in green apply only when force aura is active.
PPE: 15
ISP: 94/140
HP: 30 (34 with aura)
SDC: 47 (260)
Aura: 240/260 (Aura also gives superhuman strength)
Swarm status: 5 (all healthy)
Stubby/Rover/Sparky/Nameless #1/Nameless #2
SDC: 50/50/50/50/50
TRS-13
SDC: 50
AR: 6

CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points
• Integrated IRMSS: 20,000 credits to recharge (R:UE, p.263)
Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: sidearm, magazine, E-clip, grenade, canteen, food ration pack, minor items or individual tools.

• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low Lethality)
• Attachment: Flash Pack
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack

Omega Field Kit
Collapsible fiberglass nightstick - 1D6 Damage
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
• Range: Melee
• Damage: None. This gloves discharge an energy charge that short circuits the nervous system. Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry and dodge for 2d4 melee rounds.
A successful saving throw means the person has successfully fought off the effect and is unimpaired. Roll to save against each strike. Saving throw versus toxins.
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only, five shots total per melee
• Payload: 10/10 shots per charge (no clip)[/size]
Wi-Fi
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Rook » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:55 am

Condition: Decent, a little hungry

Perception 27%: 1d100 = 80
JIC D20: 1d20 = 8
JIC D100: 1d100 = 86

Rook takes a look around the briefing room upon their arrival, focusing first on the costumed gentleman, then on the pastries. Having not had time for a proper breakfast, the blonde heroine makes her way over to the snacks, taking up one of the pastries and fruit, then a cup of coffee before finding a place to sit near Wi-Fi.

Remaining silent through the start of the briefing, wincing visibly at talk of a super-powered Fight Club, and the fact that one of the undercover officers was in a coma. Rook looks to Wi-fi at their leaders own questions, chewing on the pastry quietly.

"A situation like this, Brute would have been a perfect fit." the young woman murmurs after taking a sip of her coffee (and, making a face at the quality). Looking over to the newer members, Rook studies them for a long moment, wishing she knew more about their capabilities.

"I know that I'd not be overly helpful in a fighting ring, especially against opponents with super-strength.." here she pauses, then smiles slightly. "Though, I suppose I'd at least get away without anything broken or shattered. Hopefully you can trace things back to their point of origin, Wi-Fi, it would make things a whole lot easier."
Rook
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Iron Maiden » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:48 am

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 13
JIC: 1d20 = 10
JIC%: 1d100 = 72

Chastity deliberates, "It would appear that you know how to make contact already, if you have made several attempts to place a person in the fighting circuit, one of which was successful. The first thing we will need to do is create a new Persona for each of us, someone who will not set off red flags in their search engines. I should be easy, as a virtual unknown...I probably did not even wind up on camera during the fight...though I might have after."

Chastity thinks, I will need to leave Mechwolf behind. Go with a Punk look, add spikes to my collar and a costume with lots of leather and straps, face paint, project a attitude.

She inquires, "From what you know of this club, do people use weapons of any sort? I would normally suspect not, if it is supposed to showcase powers, but there are supers who have powers that work through their weapons. I mean, a guy who never misses with a thrown weapon, even if the weapon has to turn in flight, and can make anything he throws explode on impact would need to have his throwing weapons. That sort of thing."

She glances at Rook, looking pointedly at her wings, "I am sure you and I will have no trouble getting in. We have obvious physical powers. We may not be able to reach the highest levels in the ring, but there are bound to be several ranks and we are likely to make it past the first few."

Chastity states, "No, the real problem is likely to be that the first fights are probably death matches, that way once you are in, you have a murder rap hanging over your head and can not get out."

Streetwise (61%): 1d100 = 75 To know how such things as underground fight clubs would be set up.
Computer Operation (56%): 1d100 = 90 To know how image recognition software works.
Iron Maiden
Natural AR 11
HP: 141/141
SDC: 945/945
Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every 2 rounds

CLOCKWORK WOLF
Natural AR 16
SDC: 150
Iron Maiden

Postby Sicilia » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:19 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 36 / 51%
JiC d100: 1d100 = 24; JiC d20: 1d20 = 2

Sicilia enters the room after waiting for the others to make it inside. Once in, she takes in both the stranger and the offered treats. She stares at the food, inedible for her, for a few moments before coiling herself up next to a seat. It had been an interesting time for her. Getting herself moved away from the news company had been fairly simple, and as they had promised, CHIMERA had taken care of the remainder of her lease. With few belongings, the hardest part of the move was getting used to the new space.

Saving the thoughts for a different time, now was the time to focus on the upcoming mission, her first ever hero work. She shifted, reptilian eyes watching the room, the snake a combination of anxious and excited. I hope I can show enough to be useful. It sounds like we'll be facing a fair few supers here.

Once the scenario had been explained, she gave a short hiss before looking to the others, speaking up mentally after their discussion reaches a pause, I shouldn't have much trouble with entering as well. I, ah, might even display a favorable disposition, as a predator, to get further in. If it was possible for a snake to look sheepish, Sicilia managed it.

Guardian Plus, SIcilia asks as she turns her gaze to the detective, She asked about the use of weapons. Do we have any intel on potential members? If there are video streams, we could get an advantage by knowing what abilities we will be facing beforehand. She pauses, thinking to herself for a moment. In fact, if these are fights to the death as we're thinking... Any reports of recent missing persons over the past months would be useful as well, if we can make connections between their passing and this underground fighting ring.
Sicilia
An Italian Noodle who bites back!

Gear and Current Status
Quick Stats
I.S.P.: 33/39
H.P.: 34/34
S.D.C.: 52/99
Sicilia

Postby Wi-Fi » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:03 pm

Rolls maintained:

"A situation like this, Brute would have been a perfect fit." the young woman murmurs after taking a sip of her coffee (and, making a face at the quality). Looking over to the newer members, Rook studies them for a long moment,

Police Coffee. It is the one part of their budget they always cut. Wif-Fi thought. Indeed brute would have been better suited. Wi-Fi was not the best at combat. The tech level needed to find the Underground fight was in her field. All that time in the gym was about to be tested. Not just her, Rook as well.

I know that I'd not be overly helpful in a fighting ring, especially against opponents with super-strength.." here she pauses, then smiles slightly. "Though, I suppose I'd at least get away without anything broken or shattered. Hopefully you can trace things back to their point of origin, Wi-Fi, it would make things a whole lot easier."

"Rook, you are more useful than you think. Superhuman strength does not mean superhuman endurance or damage resistance. If you can get them in a lock or sleeper hold they can fall just as easily. In your case, unbreakable limbs and skeleton is not the only thing you have. A metal-lined headbutt hurts." the mutant added.

Chastity deliberates, "It would appear that you know how to make contact already, if you have made several attempts to place a person in the fighting circuit, one of which was successful. The first thing we will need to do is create a new Persona for each of us, someone who will not set off red flags in their search engines. I should be easy, as a virtual unknown...I probably did not even wind up on camera during the fight...though I might have after."

Chastity states, "No, the real problem is likely to be that the first fights are probably death matches, that way once you are in, you have a murder rap hanging over your head and can not get out."

"Not a bad idea to create a fake persona. As a band of new villains or metas we would have no real footprint." she replies to Chastity. The notion of not getting the Omega name further damaged by murder, even if it is overlooked because of operational necessity was a good concern. The press and the powers that be at the moment thought of them a joke and that was bad enough.

I shouldn't have much trouble with entering as well. I, ah, might even display a favorable disposition, as a predator, to get further in.

"We could paint you in colors to further inspire fear. Colorful snakes are known to be among the most deadly." Wi-Fi said looking to SIcilia.
If my post is too stupidly written to read...ask me for a translation or hit me up in Hangouts.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points
Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: sidearm, magazine, E-clip, grenade, canteen, food ration pack, minor items or individual tools.

Omega Field Kit
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
• Damage: None. This gloves discharge an energy charge that short circuits the nervous system. Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry and dodge for 2d4 melee rounds.
A successful saving throw means the person has successfully fought off the effect and is unimpaired. Roll to save against each strike. Saving throw versus toxins.
Wi-Fi
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Rook » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:27 pm

(Rolls and such carried over)

"Rook, you are more useful than you think. Superhuman strength does not mean superhuman endurance or damage resistance. If you can get them in a lock or sleeper hold they can fall just as easily. In your case, unbreakable limbs and skeleton is not the only thing you have. A metal-lined headbutt hurts." the mutant added.

A smirk replaces the smile, though there is clear amusement in the young woman's eye. "Are you suggesting I have a hard head?" the blonde asks in a teasing tone. "Unfortunately my hand to hand combat skills are fairly BASIC, as they only put me through the paces for few months and I was pretty out of shape to start." Rook continues, hesitating for a moment in thought. "I did end up learning a little about wrestling in high school - for some reason they thought a co-ed wrestling class was a good idea." she continues, making a face at the memory. "The whole tough skeleton thing helped there as well, though it doesn't protect against bruises, internal bleeding, cuts or the like unfortunately."

(OOC: Hand to Hand Basic, if it wasn't obvious!)

"Not a bad idea to create a fake persona. As a band of new villains or metas we would have no real footprint."

"You think that will work? We're not exactly famous, but you and I have been with the team for a little while... and I have these distinctive wings." Rook adds, unfurling them briefly. "I don;t know how well paint or dye would show up, since the feathers are black. Or if that would hinder my ability to fly." she adds, biting her lip. "Sorry if it seems like I'm trying to weasel out of things, I'm not, just trying to sort out how I can be most useful." the young woman explains, biting her lip. "I suppose if I wore some sort of fully concealing mask..."

"I shouldn't have much trouble with entering as well. I, ah, might even display a favorable disposition, as a predator, to get further in." (Sicilia)

"We could paint you in colors to further inspire fear. Colorful snakes are known to be among the most deadly." (Wi-Fi)

"Do you have some sort of venom, Sicilia?" the young blonde woman asks, leaning forward to look past the others at the anthropomorphic snake. "Also, if you have a build similar to smaller sneks, you're probably solid muscle... I imagine you could crush someone pretty easily if you were to wrap them up."
Rook
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Blackhaunt » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:52 am

RETROPOLIS
Time: 10:15 am

Wi-Fi wrote:"A look at the city for areas big enough and forgotten might lead us there as well. I can try to trace the signals myself. If I can get the 'bounce' point locations we can check them. A fight is no value if you can not transmit it. Those maintaining it might be persuaded to provide info under the right motivation." she says looking thoughtful.

"If you want to give it a crack, be my guest. I can introduce you to our techs when we arrive."

Wi-Fi wrote:"Can we see this officer in a coma? I might be able to contact him. We also have others that can heal. Did he have anything on him when he was injured?"

"I'll add a stop at the hospital to our agenda."

Wi-Fi wrote:"Unknown? you do realize we had a four-story tall monster get killed in our bases front yard? I would think we are not 'unknown'. But then again your average TV/internet user has a memory span of about 10 minutes on a good day." she comments with a grin," Detective Korbut, It is a pleasure to meet you." she offers a handshake.

The mention of their potential notoriety brings out a smirk from beneath Guardian Plus' visor. "You're right about attention spans. But, as wide spread as your most recent event may have been, I think you'll find the average citizen of Megapolis lacking...familiarity with your team. We've got some hero worship of our own going on."

Wi-Fi Skill results
Intelligence: Can't recall details about fighting circuits.
Streetwise: 'The Arena' is new and run by unknowns so Wi-Fi is unsure if she or the Nest ran into them.
Computer Operation + TV/Video: Wi-Fi is able to download a pirated copy of The Arena Season 1, Episode 1 in .lik format. She is also able to find the past 7 years of Tough Cookies MMA Championships, and a copy of Schwa vs Zanzibar in .mov format.
Law: Wi-Fi doesn't find any information about the legality of the fighting.

Iron Maiden wrote:"It would appear that you know how to make contact already, if you have made several attempts to place a person in the fighting circuit, one of which was successful.".

"Well, with an entire police department at your back, many things are possible. The few officers who didn't make it in were initially recruited while working out or infiltrating a street gang. If you've got powers, the gangs want you as muscle. I'm sure it's similar here."

Iron Maiden wrote:"The first thing we will need to do is create a new Persona for each of us, someone who will not set off red flags in their search engines. I should be easy, as a virtual unknown...I probably did not even wind up on camera during the fight...though I might have after.".

Guardian Plus looks to the side and rubs the back of his helmet. You can all see his mouth move, but he's mumbling too low for any of you to hear. "As I explained to your team leader, that'll be unnecessary."
Iron Maiden wrote:"From what you know of this club, do people use weapons of any sort? I would normally suspect not, if it is supposed to showcase powers, but there are supers who have powers that work through their weapons. I mean, a guy who never misses with a thrown weapon, even if the weapon has to turn in flight, and can make anything he throws explode on impact would need to have his throwing weapons. That sort of thing."

"From the footage we've watched thus far, no one has brought a gun or a sword or similar. And no, we haven't seen anyone die on stream. Yet."
Sicilia wrote:Guardian Plus, Sicilia asks as she turns her gaze to the detective, She asked about the use of weapons. Do we have any intel on potential members? If there are video streams, we could get an advantage by knowing what abilities we will be facing beforehand. Any reports of recent missing persons over the past months would be useful as well, if we can make connections between their passing and this underground fighting ring.

As the room goes silent, Guardian Plus looks around at the faces of everyone present. "Any more questions?"
Wi-Fi wrote:"We could paint you in colors to further inspire fear. Colorful snakes are known to be among the most deadly." Wi-Fi said looking to Sicilia.

Rook wrote:"Do you have some sort of venom, Sicilia?" the young blonde woman asks, leaning forward to look past the others at the anthropomorphic snake. "Also, if you have a build similar to smaller sneks, you're probably solid muscle... I imagine you could crush someone pretty easily if you were to wrap them up."

Guardian Plus looks between Wi-Fi, Rook and Sicilia, slightly confused. "Does... it talk? Is that what we're waiting for?"

What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master

Postby Iron Maiden » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:42 pm

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 37
JIC: 1d20 = 13
JIC%: 1d100 = 95

Chastity thinks, He does not hear Sicilia? I wonder why.

Chastity interprets, "She asked if there are any potential members you know of and if anything is known of the abilities of those we may face. She also wondered if there are reports of a rise in missing persons."

She finds a few thing about this Guardian Plus person a bit off. She thought the idea of changing our appearance rather good actually. Him dismissing it out of hand makes her wonder if he wants them to be recognized for some reason, such as that he was forced to come here by superiors and would like us to fail. His not being able to hear the telepathic voice of the snake is another data point, possibly the helmet wings are part of a thought protection device?

Blackhaunt wrote:RETROPOLIS
Iron Maiden wrote:"It would appear that you know how to make contact already, if you have made several attempts to place a person in the fighting circuit, one of which was successful.".

"Well, with an entire police department at your back, many things are possible. The few officers who didn't make it in were initially recruited while working out or infiltrating a street gang. If you've got powers, the gangs want you as muscle. I'm sure it's similar here."

Chastity notes, "Hopefully the file contains information on where they were working out and which street gangs they were trying to infiltrate, if we know where to make contact things will be a bit easier."

She stifles a frown, that came out sounding like she suspects him of being bad at his job, she probably does not want him to think she thinks so.
Iron Maiden
Natural AR 11

CLOCKWORK WOLF
Natural AR 16
Iron Maiden

Postby Sicilia » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:40 am

Perception: 1d100 = 76 / 51%
JiC d100: 1d100 = 81; JiC d20: 1d20 = 18

Rook wrote:"Do you have some sort of venom, Sicilia?" the young blonde woman asks, leaning forward to look past the others at the anthropomorphic snake. "Also, if you have a build similar to smaller sneks, you're probably solid muscle... I imagine you could crush someone pretty easily if you were to wrap them up."

Sicilia shakes her head at Rook's question, before opening her jaw somewhat to reveal her slightly under-sized fangs. No, just a nasty bite. No worries about disease, I'm fairly certain I don't carry anything a human could catch. Besides, I brush my teeth. As for squeezing someone, I'm not that long, just a little over four yards, unless I've been molting again. Trust me, you'd notice if that was the case. I could do an arm or leg, maybe, but I couldn't get a tight enough hold on a whole person. She raises her tail up as she speaks, flicking the tip to accentuate her points at just above table height.

As Guardian Plus seems unable to hear her, Sicilia is not terribly surprised. There are plenty of heroes who employ psionic protection, or are otherwise immune or closed to the mental abilities of others. Instead, she pulls out something she's found quite useful. Laying her cell on the table, she uses her tongue to tap at the screen, quickly finding a text-to-speech function. With her prehensile tongue, it's only somewhat difficult to type out a quick message and play it for the detective there to help them. "Speak only with mind. Mouth and tongue only hiss. Iron Maiden explain questions. Am Sicilia, am she. Not it, please."

Thank you, Chastity, she thinks to herself with a grateful glance to the woman, I hope he doesn't call me an it again. It's always so degrading. I had enough of that before, I don't need superhero work to just be like working journalism again. She returns her gaze to the rest of the room then, flicking her tongue to get the taste of the screen off of it. Ugh. I hate typing, she says to the rest of her group mentally, Phone screens taste awful, and it makes my tongue sore.
Last edited by Sicilia on Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sicilia

Gear and Current Status
Quick Stats
Sicilia

Postby Wi-Fi » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:37 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 13
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 34

A smirk replaces the smile, though there is clear amusement in the young woman's eye. "Are you suggesting I have a hard head?" the blonde asks in a teasing tone. "Unfortunately my hand to hand combat skills are fairly BASIC, as they only put me through the paces for few months and I was pretty out of shape to start." Rook continues, hesitating for a moment in thought. "I did end up learning a little about wrestling in high school - for some reason they thought a co-ed wrestling class was a good idea." she continues, making a face at the memory. "The whole tough skeleton thing helped there as well, though it doesn't protect against bruises, internal bleeding, cuts or the like unfortunately."

"I like stubborn people," she grins back "Grappling skills and Co-Ed wrestling is a good start. We can coach you in HTH if you feel you need it. An arena and fight club is the ideal place to pick up tricks. I'll ask about setting up an Octagon in the base to liven it up."

Chastity interprets, "She asked if there are any potential members you know of and if anything is known of the abilities of those we may face. She also wondered if there are reports of a rise in missing persons."

"Some of my team speak telepathically. If you can not receive that sort of Communication I can arrange to have you with someone able to receive a telepathic communication if we need to split up. It is not a problem, Guardian Plus." Wi-Fi adds. This made Wi-Fi wonder about him as well. If he was a machine or immune to psionics it could be a problem. Her healing abilities were psychic. Another key ability she used was telepathy. The takedown with Spider web on a certain Cyborg with missiles was due to communications. Hand or keywords could be used in place of telepathy. the mutant thinks to herself.

"I am guessing you have non-confidential files on noted heroes and villains. Access to those might help us better operate in your city. In return, I am willing to share files on Century Station's notables in case they show up here." Wi-Fi offers Guardian Plus supporting the request of her team would help and save her the trouble as well.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points

Omega Field Kit
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
Wi-Fi
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Rook » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:20 am

Perception 30%: 1d100 = 58
JIC D20: 1d20 = 10
JIC D100: 1d100 = 42

"From the footage we've watched thus far, no one has brought a gun or a sword or similar. And no, we haven't seen anyone die on stream. Yet."

"Ahh, that's in some ways kind of unfortunate... I usually fare pretty well against weapons, so long as they're made of metal." Rook notes, then gets a curious and uncertain look at how Guardian Plus' seems to ignore Sicilia. As he speaks up a few minutes later, it clicks for Rook, which her teammates seem to somewhat confirm not too long after.

"I like stubborn people," she grins back "Grappling skills and Co-Ed wrestling is a good start. We can coach you in HTH if you feel you need it. An arena and fight club is the ideal place to pick up tricks. I'll ask about setting up an Octagon in the base to liven it up."

"I didn't have any hand to hand training at all before I was volunt-... before joined the Omegas." Rook explains. "But since I'm now part of a team, I'd like to learn more and be better able to pull my weight."

'No, just a nasty bite. No worries about disease, I'm fairly certain I don't carry anything a human could catch. Besides, I brush my teeth. As for squeezing someone, I'm not that long, just a little over four yards, unless I've been molting again. Trust me, you'd notice if that was the case. I could do an arm or leg, maybe, but I couldn't get a tight enough hold on a whole person.'

"Oh, alright... even at four yards you look intimidating." Rook adds, but in a complimentary tone. "I wasn't sure how much space you'd need; you look like you could wrap around my waist and squeeze pretty easily. Erm, I meant to ask earlier, can you recieve thoughts? Like if I thought in your direction rather than speaking?"

At some short point later (OOC: IE, being considerate in giving Sicilia some time to answer), Rook turns her attention back to Guardian Plus. "I wasn't expecting to be called to a briefing today, so I don't have any specific questions right this moment, but if I think of some I will be sure to ask."
Rook
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Iron Maiden » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:09 am

[quote="Rook"]

"I didn't have any hand to hand training at all before I was volunt-... before joined the Omegas." Rook explains. "But since I'm now part of a team, I'd like to learn more and be better able to pull my weight."

[quote]

Chastity responds, "Nothing strange about that, I pretty much learned some basic self defense, nothing fancy, that is why I have to rely on my powers. Fortunately any weapon that is part of me I know how to use, even if my skills are still basic. I guess you and I will both be learning by doing."

She glances at Secilia, "You can project thoughts, can you also read surface thoughts, possibly know what an enemy plans before they do it? I imagine that could be useful in a fight."
Iron Maiden
Natural AR 11

CLOCKWORK WOLF
Natural AR 16
Iron Maiden

Postby Blackhaunt » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:33 pm

RETROPOLIS
Time: 10:30 am

Iron Maiden wrote:"She asked if there are any potential members you know of and if anything is known of the abilities of those we may face. She also wondered if there are reports of a rise in missing persons."

"Potential members? Well, so far we've seen a man who spits fire, a woman with claws, a man made of metal, a man made of liquid metal, a man made of molten metal, a man made of rocks, a man that absorbs other men, a woman that manipulates the weather, and a dog-man with explosive body parts. We're unfamiliar with who any of them are, but they've all appeared in The Arena. There is an advertisement for a fight against a secret special guest advertised on each of the episodes. We haven't gotten any closer to figuring out who that could be yet. No particular rise in missing persons."

Iron Maiden wrote: "Hopefully the file contains information on where they were working out and which street gangs they were trying to infiltrate, if we know where to make contact things will be a bit easier."

"Hnh." He brings out his phone and presses a few buttons. "Jerry's Gym, Fitness World, Warrior Body Sculpting. Some of the gyms they have made successful contact in. We are always trying to infiltrate every street gang. Easier to take them down with people on the inside. Some of the more pervasive gangs would be Full Deck: the playing card gang, Smiles Crew: the clown gang, and Poseurs: the well-dressed gang. As silly as they sound, they are every bit as dangerous."

Guardian Plus reads Sicilia's phone and nods his understanding. He presses a button near the base of his neck and his helmet releases a hydraulic hiss. Removing it, he shakes his ear length blonde hair out and says "Better. The helmet has psi-guards. Didn't realize I'd be speaking with a telepathic snake today. Nice to meet you. Ma'am."

Wi-Fi wrote:"I am guessing you have non-confidential files on noted heroes and villains. Access to those might help us better operate in your city. In return, I am willing to share files on Century Station's notables in case they show up here."

"Those files exist in the Megapolis PD database. I can inquire about getting you a copy. On the subject of Megapolis." Guardian Plus presses a button on his gauntlet and says "Transit, do you copy?" A form like human television static appears and then becomes whole.
"Omegas, meet my partner, Transit."
"Hello, Omegas. I am Transit. Are you prepared to journey?"
A TV static hole in the air appears, twice as tall as anyone present. "Destination: Megapolis."
Guardian Plus speaks up. "Take your time to do what you need to prepare, but once you're ready we can head to Megapolis PD."

What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master

Postby Sicilia » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:04 am

Perception: 1d100 = 75 / 51%
JiC d100: 1d100 = 24; JiC d20: 1d20 = 1

Iron Maiden wrote:She glances at Secilia, "You can project thoughts, can you also read surface thoughts, possibly know what an enemy plans before they do it? I imagine that could be useful in a fight."

The snake hisses and shakes her head. No. I can only transmit my communications. It's similar to physical speech, but can't be drowned out by background noise. I can't speak through radios or phones, though, unless you fancy trying to understand loud hissing. I can listen through them just fine.

Blackhaunt wrote:Guardian Plus reads Sicilia's phone and nods his understanding. He presses a button near the base of his neck and his helmet releases a hydraulic hiss. Removing it, he shakes his ear length blonde hair out and says "Better. The helmet has psi-guards. Didn't realize I'd be speaking with a telepathic snake today. Nice to meet you. Ma'am."

Sicilia lets her body wave back and forth as she rests on her coils, letting her mind reach out to speak once more, And you as well, Guardian Plus. Sorry for the terseness of the message, I prefer to type on analog with my telekinesis. I've got a much better writing style than that mess there.

Now that I'm done dealing with psi-guarded individuals, we can focus on listening to the conversation, she thinks to herself, giving a mental huff to herself.

She takes note of each member Guardian lists, typing it in as a note with her tongue despite just complaining about doing that. It's hard to tell the expression on her reptilian face, but from the annoyed swipe of her tail across the screen to clear it of markings every once in a while it's clear she's not fond of typing this much on a digital screen. Couldn't have just brought my notepad, couldn't I? So much easier to levitate a pen than to tap buttons with a forked tongue, she grumbles to herself.

When Transit enters, Sicilia is immediately curious as to the unique power that he has. Interesting! Do all heroes from Megapolis have such flashy abilities? It'd make for a great spread on the differences in city culture represented through their heroes! She pauses, giving a little, somewhat timid hiss. Sorry, new to all of this. Still getting over the fact I'm not just a journalist anymore. She straightens up, taking as upright a posture she can being effectively a tube of muscle, I can grab a few things. A tracer bug, my laptop, my utility belt, then I'll be ready to go. Thank you for the time to prepare.
Sicilia

Gear and Current Status
Quick Stats
Sicilia

Postby Wi-Fi » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:30 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 7/63%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 36

The snake hisses and shakes her head. No. I can only transmit my communications. It's similar to physical speech, but can't be drowned out by background noise. I can't speak through radios or phones, though, unless you fancy trying to understand loud hissing. I can listen through them just fine.

Good to know that. Wi-Fi thought as she 'heard' that. Silent communications was a trait this team had. the concept of non-Line of sight telepathy is another thing to try later. Given the action packed nature of fighting this was going to be interesting to say the least.

"Alright Omega's. Unless you have vital commentary or questions we should get moving. Grab any snacks for the road we may not see good food for awhile. Hospitals have terrible or expensive food." the Woman stated with that she sends a message to Omega HQ to have the healer or Lexx help with the healing. Wi-Fi was unsure if the process she used worked on Comas.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points

Omega Field Kit
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
Wi-Fi
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Iron Maiden » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:33 am

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 41
JIC: 1d20 = 4
JIC%: 1d100 = 51

Valaria comments to Sicilia, "You can still do reporting, it might even be a good thing. We can probably use some good press."

She inquires of Wi-fi, "I think you have suits that adjust to the abilities of the wearer. I Would find one of those to be useful, it is annoying wrecking my shoes and pants legs and sleeves when I use my powers, that is why I dress this way. I often have to make my feet LOOK like shoes to get into places. Otherwise I am good, any equipment I need I can become or build."

She adds, "Well, if they are not immediately identifiable anyway. I can do without."

OOC Comments
One of us spotted some people when the Megasaurs were defeated to teleported away, I was wondering if the special effects were similar.

She thinks, I might be able to wake someone from a coma by letting them wear TRACI, but it would take a week and might not work.
Iron Maiden
Natural AR 11

CLOCKWORK WOLF
Natural AR 16
Iron Maiden

Postby Rook » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:40 pm

Perception 30%: 1d100 = 44
JIC D20: 1d20 = 8
JIC D100: 1d100 = 15

Guardian Plus wrote:"Potential members? Well, so far we've seen a man who spits fire, a woman with claws, a man made of metal, a man made of liquid metal, a man made of molten metal, a man made of rocks, a man that absorbs other men, a woman that manipulates the weather, and a dog-man with explosive body parts."

A low whistle as Guardian Plus goes over those they've become aware of. "Hrm; I'm not harmed by metal, at least so far that I've experienced, I wonder how well that would transfer to someone made of metal. I can't imagine molten metal would be survivable though."

In an attempt to show some growth as a hero, Rook takes a few notes on her tablet - the potential opponents, the locations where contact had been made, as well as the (amusingly weird) names of the gangs involved; she's not entirely sure if she's fooling anyone, though.

Wi-fi wrote:"Alright Omega's. Unless you have vital commentary or questions we should get moving. Grab any snacks for the road we may not see good food for awhile. Hospitals have terrible or expensive food." the Woman stated with that she sends a message to Omega HQ to have the healer or Lexx help with the healing. Wi-Fi was unsure if the process she used worked on Comas.

"Just my usual kit - oh hey, were you able to finish that one thing we were talking about the other day?" Rook inquires of her Team Leader. "Otherwise I still have that mace-thing. Kinda wish I'd mutated eye-lasers or super-strength or something." the blonde adds, half-joking half-not.

"Oh, that reminds me I have something to ask you about later, Wi-fi!"
Rook
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Sentinel » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:10 am

Ectype 5

Perception: 1d100 = 61 80% (+15% to recognizing the arcane,+15% regarding technology)
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 7/ D100 JiC: / 1d100 = 27

Skills:

Yellow Dragon
OOC Comments
Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin, English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu
P.P.E.: 452/452 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 AR: 16
Spell reference at this Link

Conditions: Immune to Magic, Illusions, Possession, Poison, Drugs, And Disease. Mind Block Auto-Defense. Does not tire. Half damage from Cold. Radiates no heat and is invisible to infrared and heat sensors. Immune to pressure; solid stone. Regenerates 6d6 SDC/Melee. Detect magic (also items), Psionics, Supernatural, Seismic, and Dimensional/Teleportation.

Spells: Summon Ch'uan Ti, Earth Hound 60 hours

Sentinel Prime directs Sentinel to open a dimensional room and enter with the earth hound.

Sentinel ushers the summoned beast into his very private and exclusive room followed by Sentinel Prime. As he enters he glances around the empty dimensional room, Empty. he thinks annoyed. This exacerbates the irritation of the beast’s demands which seep and creep into his stony limbs. Recalling the end of the battle as the great beasts fell to their proper demise he still feels his anger over their hubris, They dared to demanded I bow? I bow to know one… he thinks with half a mind to resurrect the great beasts to ensure they knew the folly of that demand and to once again deliver onto them his wraith. Fortunately for them, that thought passes quickly as Sentinel Prime began talking to the creature. The Ch'uan Ti shuffled in place in uncertainty.
Last edited by Sentinel on Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yellow Dragon Ledger
OOC Comments
Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin,English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu
P.P.E.: 452/452| H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 AR: 16 Save vs. Awe/Horror:14 (16) for words spoken and each attack against Sentinel
Ectype 1
Ectype P.P.E.: 452/452 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 Equipment: Mobile Compact Computer/ HUD interface, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 2
Ectype P.P.E.: 452/452 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 Equipment: Robot Repair Kit with sophisticated tools, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 3
Ectype P.P.E.: 452/452 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 Weapon: 40mm MM-1 Multiple Grenade Launcher Equipment: Neckband Radio/ID transponders

ImageImage
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Sentinel » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:10 am

Sentinel Prime
Location: Outside Omega HQ. A romp in the park is good if you’re not a building.

Perception: 1d100 = 40 /80% (+15% to recognizing the arcane,+15% regarding technology)
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 17/ D100 JiC: / 1d100 = 65

Skills:
Yellow Dragon
OOC Comments
Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin, English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu

Conditions: Immune to Magic, Illusions, Possession, Poison, Drugs, And Disease. Mind Block Auto-Defense. Does not tire. Half damage from Cold. Radiates no heat and is invisible to infrared and heat sensors. Immune to pressure; solid stone. Regenerates 6d6 SDC/Melee. Detect magic (also items), Psionics, Supernatural, Seismic, and Dimensional/Teleportation.
Awe and/or Horror Factor 14: Enemies must roll a 15 or higher on a twenty-sided die to avoid being momentarily awestruck. A failed roll means the individual loses initiative, one of his melee attacks. In this case, roll each melee round in which the character with the divine aura is attacked or speaks.
A divine radiance coming from Sentinel and his voice is more than a little compelling to those listening.

Spells:
Butcher Bill:

"Sentinel! Is it true that you are an alien from Saturn sent to destroy our way of life?"

”No.” he says with the force of his divine aura as the first deluge of questions began after the fight. Sentinel turns away with much to consider as his the patience is none the better to deal with tabloid reporters. His first thoughts were over his control over the dimensional energies. It had become erratic which was entirely unexpected. He had been gaining control over renewed discoveries of powers, but this was somehow now a regression. This issue was compounded by his knowledge that his memories and history were seemingly also becoming fragmented and conflicted every day he was here in Century Station. The more he remembered the more it felt like he couldn’t.

Walking towards the garage doors he spots the ectype with the Earth Hound. Normally this would utterly interrupt his consideration over his memories and dimensional anomalies but instead he found he could split his mind into two parts to consider both equally. Hmmm, that could be useful and so could that beast. he thinks back to the recent scuffles with the villains of century station. He waves the ectype over, ”Open a room and let us speak to him." he says directing the portal to be opened behind the gangly beast in the garage and out of sight of the crowds.

Entering the portal with the ectype Sentinel begins a negotiation with the earth hound. ”I believe your kind likes to hunt and fight, am I right? I apologize you did not get to test your metal against those beasts. I am sure it would have been a sight to behold. I have a proposal for you that could offer you further challenges. You saw all those individuals fighting? They would be magnificent opponents wouldn’t they? Would you like an opportunity to fight other opponents like them? Sentinel offers the beast a trade for its name in order to to call him forth to have the opportunity to hunt and fight challenging foe. :As you can see I can be many places, and that is many more opportunities for you to hunt. What say you?" Sentinel will work the negotiation however long it requires, even relinquishing control inside the dimensional room to show good faith to the earth hound. Trust 106%: 1d100 = 65 Once the negations are concluded Sentinel departs with the ectype and orders the release of the beast back to its home realm.

Upon exiting the dimensional room a tablet beeps at Sentinels waste, now with an alert since having regained connectivity with the networks. Excellent. he thinks upon seeing the notices subject line. He taps the tablets icon to read the message.

Rosa's Curiosities' Reply wrote:From: silverstar@rosascuriosities.cs
To:"sentinel@omegas.net"
RE: Appointment
Bring your others but be discreet.
You will be seen when the moon cannot.
232 Egret Street. 11 o'clock.

Hmm, no date? What day is it now? he thinks looking at the date of the message versus the tablet. It is the 6th now. So I will be seen when the moon cannot. Almost a new moon. he mentally calculates the next new moon. Astrophysics 89% / 1d100 = 81 So the 9th is the next new moon and a solar eclipse.. How interesting and only three days till then. Satisfied he turns and heads to the common area of the Omegas base to find if anything interesting has happened since his absence.

Sentinel strolls in to the common area as a man speaking illuniates a figure.

"[/b]On the subject of Megapolis."[/b] Guardian Plus presses a button on his gauntlet and says "Transit, do you copy?" A form like human television static appears and then becomes whole.
"Omegas, meet my partner, Transit."
"Hello, Omegas. I am Transit. Are you prepared to journey?"
A TV static hole in the air appears, twice as tall as anyone present. "Destination: Megapolis."
Guardian Plus speaks up. "Take your time to do what you need to prepare, but once you're ready we can head to Megapolis PD."

"Hmmm, well that is interesting. What have I missed Ms. Wi-fi?" Sentinel asks looking over the projection of Tranist. "Are we going somewhere? A Megapolis? Is that where these lizards came from?" he asks hazarding a very hopeful guess. Putting their cousins in place would be welcome.
Last edited by Sentinel on Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Yellow Dragon Ledger
OOC Comments
Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin,English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu
P.P.E.: 452/452| H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 AR: 16 Save vs. Awe/Horror:14 (16) for words spoken and each attack against Sentinel
Ectype 1
Ectype P.P.E.: 452/452 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 Equipment: Mobile Compact Computer/ HUD interface, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 2
Ectype P.P.E.: 452/452 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 Equipment: Robot Repair Kit with sophisticated tools, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 3
Ectype P.P.E.: 452/452 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 753/753 Weapon: 40mm MM-1 Multiple Grenade Launcher Equipment: Neckband Radio/ID transponders

ImageImage
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Wi-Fi » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:50 am

OOC:

Omega Suits should have been issued at start. For those who need it here are stats.
OOC Comments
Omega Suit v3.1.7
[color=#FF0000]
Bravo:
Code: Select all
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2020/05/31/20200531000057-1e3cf19b.png[/img]

S.D.C. by Location:
  • Arms: 90 each
  • Legs: 100 each
  • Main Body: 250
  • *Body Camera: 15
Weight: 6 lbs
Modifiers:
  • AR: 17
  • *Body Camera (-2 to strike via aimed shot only)
Features:
  • Hyper-mimetic alloy fibers change size and molecular composition to fit wearer regardless of APS powers, shape or size changes.
  • Built-in short range encrypted radio transceiver (Omega freq only).
  • Built-in RFID transponder for C.S.P.D. verifies wearer is a Centurion to all C.S.P.D. and their precise GPS location within 20'
  • Body Camera located in center of chest.
  • Anti-Tamper system

IC:

"Just my usual kit - oh hey, were you able to finish that one thing we were talking about the other day?" Rook inquires of her Team Leader. "Otherwise I still have that mace-thing. Kinda wish I'd mutated eye-lasers or super-strength or something." the blonde adds, half-joking half-not.

"Oh, that reminds me I have something to ask you about later, Wi-fi!"

"I was not. It seems the CSPD does not watch youtube or think in simple terms. I do have a Stun pistol you can have. I was given it a while back to use and I have a stun gauntlet or you can use. We seem close to same size hands it should fit. I'll see If I have them on me.." Wi-Fi offers. (Offers both if she has them pending GM)

"Sure, I can make time for questions later., Rook" she answers as she checks pack.

She inquires of Wi-fi, "I think you have suits that adjust to the abilities of the wearer. I Would find one of those to be useful, it is annoying wrecking my shoes and pants legs, and sleeves when I use my powers, that is why I dress this way. I often have to make my feet LOOK like shoes to get into places. Otherwise I am good, any equipment I need I can become or build."

"They Should have given you one, if not brought a spare for me. You can use that one." Wi-Fi replies Ironmaiden.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points

Omega Field Kit
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
Wi-Fi
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Blackhaunt » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:01 pm

RETROPOLIS
Time: 10:37 am

Wi-Fi hands over her stun pistol and shock gloves to Rook. She then sends off a message to CHIMERA for assistance (please write the actual message).

Sicilia wrote:Interesting! Do all heroes from Megapolis have such flashy abilities? It'd make for a great spread on the differences in city culture represented through their heroes!
Guardian Plus responds "We're certainly a colorful bunch."

Sentinel arrives just in time to join the others after debunking a witch's riddle to learn that he has an appointment on April 9th, 2043 @ 11 PM.

Iron Maiden inquires about an Omega Suit and is directed to the armory where there are suits available for each team member.
Iron Maiden
In response to your inquiry, the only person to have seen that effect hasn't commented on it in game and so there's no one who has seen both to be able to compare them.

After some basic preparations, Bravo is ready to head to Megapolis.

Guardian Plus puts his helmet back on and says "Right this way, folks. We'll get you to the Megapolis Police Department and from there, we can get you oriented with the rest of the city. I'll get you a map with the gyms as previously discussed as well as the hospital for officer in a coma." Transit's static portal remains open in wait for you to move through it.

What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master

Postby Wi-Fi » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:29 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 33
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 10

"Ya, here they are. Try not break them. not sure Triton Industries has offices in Megalopolis." as she passes them to Rook.
OOC: Stats for the Stungun and Shock gloves"
OOC Comments
Triton Industries TI Stun Pistol (1 for special assignments when stealth is the priority this weapon is not with her on-field unless needed.)
• Range: 100'
• Damage: None. This pistol fires an energy charge that short-circuits the nervous system. Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry and dodge for 2d4 melee rounds.
A successful saving throw means the person has successfully fought off the effect and is unimpaired. Roll to save against each blast that strikes. Saving throw versus toxins.
• Payload: 10 shots per energy clip

Shock Gloves:
Range: Melee
Damage: None. These gloves discharge an energy charge that short circuits the nervous system. Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry and dodge for 2d4 melee rounds. A successful saving throw means the person has successfully fought off the effect and is unimpaired. Roll to save against each strike. Saving throw versus toxins.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only, five shots total per melee
Payload: 10 shots per charge (no clip)

Damned, phone. No Quick dial for a healer on it. Something I will need to add. We did a raid on the Spider Queens dimension and used healers. Did no one learn to put them on speed dial? she thought as she typed a message (Bellow this paragraph) in her phone, For Century Station's best and brightest, Chimera was not living up to the reputation. Sending out operatives with iproper kit, training that relies solely on powers and not training them to fight without powers...It is amazing Century Station is not overrun. While the Golem could heal wounds she was not sure if he could do comas. Wi-Fi was uncertain if her Psionics could do the job needed. Wi-Fi needed some who could for sure.
Skill check for message sent to Chimera HQ: Computer Operation 1d100 = 79/113%
Skill check for message sent to Chimera HQ: Radio: Basic 1d100 = 61/118%
Message typed being sent Chimera HQ
Bravo team lead to CHIMERA HQ, Send magic or meta-human or Mystic healer with experience in comas to Megalopolis. We have a coma patient with the information we need. I have a Teleporter.

"Hmmm, well that is interesting. What have I missed Ms. Wi-fi?" Sentinel asks looking over the projection of Tranist. "Are we going somewhere? A Megapolis? Is that where these lizards came from?" he asks hazarding a very hopeful guess.

"It is indeed going to be interesting. Let us hope it is not too interesting." she paused, "A visit to a police station and hospital. Guessing you have a place there like a modern Jason Blood? Mystical evil not recognizing international borders and all."" she asked.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points

Omega Field Kit
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
Wi-Fi
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Blackhaunt » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:28 pm

SENTINEL'S DIMENSIONAL ROOM
Date: ?
Time: ?

Sentinel Prime and Sentinel 5 speak in a Dimensional Room with a summoned Ch'uan Ti, an Earth Hound from the Chinese Daemonic Hells. They offer it the chance to hunt many things in many places. The Demon does not make an aggressive move toward either of the Sentinels, but does not seem pleased to be in the presence of them either. It paces back and forth in thought, sizing the two of them up and hearing the words and promises offered it. Ten minutes later, it grunts "不要浪費時間。 我正在旋轉無法理解的痛苦的第九個領域的破壞力。立即發送回家。" Their deal concluded, Sentinel releases the Ch'uan Ti back to its home dimension and meets with the rest of the team.

RETROPOLIS
Time: 10:38 am
Wi-Fi sends a message to C.H.I.M.E.R.A. HQ and waits for a response. Four minutes later she receives the following message:
C.H.I.M.E.R.A. Dispatch wrote:All assets are currently on other assignments. Good luck.

Your guests wait patiently with an open portal to your destination.

What are you doing?

Translations
不要浪費時間。我正在旋轉無法理解的痛苦的第九個領域的破壞力。立即發送回家。=DO NOT WASTE TIME. I AM ROTTING FLOWER, DESTRUCTIVE FORCE OF THE NINTH REALM OF UNKNOWABLE PAIN. SEND HOME NOW.
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master

Postby Rook » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:35 pm

Perception 30%: 1d100 = 20
JIC D20: 1d20 = 13
JIC D100: 1d100 = 78

After accepting the two items from Wi-Fi, she offers her thanks then studys the pistol in particular. "This isn't too much different from firing a pistol is it? Maybe once we get to Megapolis I can find some time to take a few practice shots." she muses, with the question directed of course to Wi-Fi herself.

After taking a few minutes to gather up what she needs and give Diane an extra hug, Rook returns to where the teleportation portal is currently hanging in the air. "I am good to go. I hope."

OOC Comments
Items collected: Omega suit, messenger-bag type satchel, flashlight, some portable snacks, extra change of clothing. The stun pistol and shock gloves as well, plus whatever accessories they come with by default.
Rook
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Wi-Fi » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:40 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 14
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 94

This isn't too much different from firing a pistol is it? Maybe once we get to Megapolis I can find some time to take a few practice shots." she muses

"It should not be. the only thing I found trying it was the lack of a solid shell that made me re-adjust. No gravity arc on long-range shots so I would try shots and ask a pro. Shotguns and shotguns were my weapons of choice." Wi-Fi answered, "Let me check my kit and I am good to go." Wi-Fi checks her kit and ensures she had all the standard pls a few snacks and water bottles with her. Then readies to step through, being the last to do so.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points

Omega Field Kit
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
Wi-Fi
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Iron Maiden » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:49 am

Perception 27%: 1d100 = 96
JIC: 1d20 = 7
JIC%: 1d100 = 47

Chastity returns from the storage area with the Omega suit and comments, "In general this looks fair, but perhaps we should edit the symbol. Say change the Greek letter to a letter O. Is there a way to change the dye job?"

OOC Comments
I believe there are red suits and blue suits, she would go with the red one. Also, she might possibly be a wrestling fan...thus the next section.

She adds, "Should really show a lot more skin though, if you are using it in a fighting match. This looks entirely too much like armor. Flashy is good, but it has to appear not to offer much defense."

She has seen some wrestling matches and boxing matches, wearing armor generally does not cut it. Even female wrestlers show a lot of skin, though they generally avoid any displays of flesh that would need to be censored.

If she is in time to hear the comment about energy weapons, she will say, "The difference in drop rate is not significant at short range, which is when you generally use a pistol. However, there is a big difference in kickback when you fire, so you might overcompensate if you try to fire multiple shots fast."
Iron Maiden
Natural AR 11

CLOCKWORK WOLF
Natural AR 16
Iron Maiden

Postby Wi-Fi » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:37 pm

Chastity returns from the storage area with the Omega suit and comments, "In general this looks fair, but perhaps we should edit the symbol. Say change the Greek letter to a letter O. Is there a way to change the dye job?"

She adds, "Should really show a lot more skin though, if you are using it in a fighting match. This looks entirely too much like armor. Flashy is good, but it has to appear not to offer much defense."

"I'll put in a request to alter color but I would not expect a quick response. These people took a few months to get us cheap hover trucks that are outdated. Pretty sure they used the Omega symbol for looks. That suit is tougher than it looks." she smirked, "Blue is Bravo's color since they both begin with 'b'. It rolls off the tongue better I guess?" Wi-Fi asked to no one in particular.

"The difference in drop rate is not significant at short range, which is when you generally use a pistol. However, there is a big difference in kickback when you fire, so you might overcompensate if you try to fire multiple shots fast."

"Sounds like you have the Energy pistol angle covered. I'll leave that with you." The mutant told Iron Maiden. That's 3 of us ready. Now if our resident Mage and Serpent are ready.." she looks to Sentinel and Sicilia.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points

Omega Field Kit
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
Wi-Fi
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Sentinel » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:10 pm

Sentinel Prime
Location: Outside Omega HQ. A romp in the park is good if you’re not a building.

Perception: 1d100 = 22 /80% (+15% to recognizing the arcane,+15% regarding technology)
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 11/ D100 JiC: / 1d100 = 32

Skills:
Yellow Dragon
OOC Comments

Awe and/or Horror Factor 14: Enemies must roll a 15 or higher on a twenty-sided die to avoid being momentarily awestruck. A failed roll means the individual loses initiative, one of his melee attacks. In this case, roll each melee round in which the character with the divine aura is attacked or speaks.
A divine radiance coming from Sentinel and his voice is more than a little compelling to those listening.

Abnormal Energy Sense: 84%/1d100 = 87

Listening intently Sentinel bows to Wi-fi, “Ms. Wi-Fi, I am much ready for wherever the “Shénmì
rén” leads us.
he says with apparent confidence.
[Automatic: Sense for abnormal energy and dimensional energies]
OOC Comments
Sense for abnormal energy :Sense the Use of Psionics or Magic: Can feel when magic or psionic powers are used and can tell whether it is magic or psychic energy (or both), whether it is near or far, and whether the emanations are strong/powerful or weak (i.e. a simple magic spell or a mystic battle or high level). In addition, the super being recognizes enchantment cast upon others (Le. mystical charms, trances, disguises, etc.), and possession, and can also sense the presence of an enchanted weapon or object that grants its user superpowers or enables its user to cast magic spells, including rune weapons, but again, only when the item is in use or by touch.
dimensional energies :The super-being also senses the use of Temporal, Rift, Ley Line, and Dimensional Magic or dimensional abilities within a 7500 ft./1.42 mi. radius of him. Furthermore, the character is keenly aware of the dangers of weakening the dimensional fabric, and characters of good and Unprincipled alignment would feel compelled to repair any damage if they can.

Continuing the chat Wi-fi, Iron Maiden, and rook were having, ”I have preferred heavier rifles. Ones with a satisfying report and impact.” he mentions thinking fondly of a Bofors 40mm he once or twice used many years before coming to Century Station. "Unfortunately, magic has a limiting range." he stats matter of factly. A limitation I have seemingly learned to overcome. he thinks recalling his ability to bend dimensional energy to his will.
Yellow Dragon Ledger
OOC Comments
Ectype 1
Ectype 2
Ectype 3

ImageImage
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Rook » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:06 am

[Rolls carried over]

"It should not be. the only thing I found trying it was the lack of a solid shell that made me re-adjust. No gravity arc on long-range shots so I would try shots and ask a pro. Shotguns and shotguns were my weapons of choice." Wi-Fi answered, "Let me check my kit and I am good to go." Wi-Fi checks her kit and ensures she had all the standard pls a few snacks and water bottles with her.

"I wouldn't really say I have a weapon of choice per se, but growing up my father taught my brother, and then me how to hunt so I got to know how to use and maintain typical hunting rifles. Not really something I'd feel comfortable using as a heroine, you know?" the Rook explains, that last bit rhetorical. "I'm assuming that this stun pistol also lacks recoil then, if it's an energy weapon. With the gloves.. do I have to do anything to activate them, or do they just... activate when I slap someone with them?"

She (Iron Maiden) adds, "Should really show a lot more skin though, if you are using it in a fighting match. This looks entirely too much like armor. Flashy is good, but it has to appear not to offer much defense."

"Wait, more skin?" Rook questions, in a somewhat scandalized tone. "I dunno, it seems like it shows more than enough as it is.." the young woman grumbles, looking down at herself. While it technically doesn't show much in the way of skin, the way it clings leaves her feeling rather immodest, which might be evident by the blush colouring her face.

"Blue is Bravo's color since they both begin with 'b'. It rolls off the tongue better I guess?" Wi-Fi asked to no one in particular.

A laugh escapes Rook at Wi-Fi's offhand comment, "I can think of a few other colours that start with B I think I'd prefer... maybe 'Burnt Umber' or 'Bistre'?" she suggests, not especially seriously. "I don't mind the greek symbol though."

Continuing the chat Wi-fi, Iron Maiden, and Rook were having, ”I have preferred heavier rifles. Ones with a satisfying report and impact.”

A tilt of her head at that, looking over to Sentinel curiously. "Might be awkward to use in a fighting ring, honestly. Though, that last mission something heavier might have been nice. The little pellets I can launch seem very inadequate most of the time, especially compared to like.. Brute's punches or your magic."
Rook
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Iron Maiden » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:11 am

(Rolls carried over)
Chastity shakes her head at Rook, "Seriously? Girl damage is not everything. If you compare what you do to what someone else does better you will always come out the loser. Look at what you do well and be the best you can at it. Soon enough people will be saying 'I wish I could do that' about you. Me, I am versatile, I have the skills to do things with my power on the fly, and I can take a hit like nobody's business. Given the right circumstances I can do some significant damage, but it is not what I am best at."

She looks at Wifi and says, "I can live with blue, I am still thinking that if we wear this people will know us as the Omegas. If we are known to be super heroes I do not think we will be approached about doing something illegal."

She thinks, Unless, of course, this is a setup.

She wonders, My powers allow me to alter myself, at least to some extent. This costume is supposed to be able to respond to our powers, I wonder if I can use my abilities to alter it? Well, possibly, but I can not alter my torso or head, and those are where I would want a lot of the changes. Still, it might be possible...

She decides to find out if she can alter the costume by interacting with it using her powers.

OOC Comments
I am not sure what rolls may be required here, but will include a few.
1d100 = 81, 1d100 = 86, 1d100 = 42, 1d100 = 83, 1d100 = 61
1d20 = 6, 1d20 = 10, 1d20 = 18, 1d20 = 11, 1d20 = 14
Iron Maiden
Natural AR 11

CLOCKWORK WOLF
Natural AR 16
Iron Maiden

Postby Sicilia » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:34 am

Perception: 1d100 = 46 / 51%
JiC d100: 1d100 = 33; JiC d20: 1d20 = 11

Sicilia's preparations are fairly quick and easy. Having eaten earlier that week, food is covered for the large serpent (as well as handily avoided her issue of lazing about when after she's eaten), and her laptop and other small items are easy enough to attain from her room on the premises. As she slides back into the meeting room, looking for a moment at the odd portal, she can't help but feel a touch self-conscious about herself.

As she had discovered before, she finds that the Omega suit fits her perfectly, and even slid along with her muscles as she moved, allowing for easy and hassle-free movement.

I still think it makes me look like an oversized tube-sock, she thinks to herself as she pulls at the neck with her tail, reptilian features hard to read as she looks to the others in the room.

Wi-Fi wrote:"Sounds like you have the Energy pistol angle covered. I'll leave that with you." The mutant told Iron Maiden. "That's 3 of us ready. Now if our resident Mage and Serpent are ready.." she looks to Sentinel and Sicilia.

I am prepared as I'll ever be. I think that fight with the Megasaurs was the first full-pitched battle I've ever been in, she lets out a curious-sounding chuckle that reverberates in Wi-Fi's mind, So hopefully acting in a ring with more... regular-sized opponents will be less over-the-top of a task for myself.

Rook wrote:A tilt of her head at that, looking over to Sentinel curiously. "Might be awkward to use in a fighting ring, honestly. Though, that last mission something heavier might have been nice. The little pellets I can launch seem very inadequate most of the time, especially compared to like.. Brute's punches or your magic."

Iron Maiden wrote:Chastity shakes her head at Rook, "Seriously? Girl damage is not everything. If you compare what you do to what someone else does better you will always come out the loser. Look at what you do well and be the best you can at it. Soon enough people will be saying 'I wish I could do that' about you. Me, I am versatile, I have the skills to do things with my power on the fly, and I can take a hit like nobody's business. Given the right circumstances I can do some significant damage, but it is not what I am best at."

Sicilia listens in to the conversation she's come in time to listen in on, adding in her own contribution, I have to agree with you, she says in reference to Chastity, Raw damage isn't everything. A sledgehammer to put in a nail isn't necessary, but a hammer can both knock it in and pull it out far better than the massive sledge ever could.

Besides, it's not like I hold a candle to most of the others here ability-wise. I'll have to rely on my wit and my serpentine form. Can't knock someone else for their abilities if I don't even have much of my own to show around.

She waits for Wi-Fi's signal to enter through the portal before heading through herself, only mildly hesitant before slipping through the static-y rift.
Sicilia

Gear and Current Status
Quick Stats
Sicilia

Postby Wi-Fi » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:10 pm

"Alright, we have a city to save from illegal MMA. Plenty of time to bring up uniform ideas and training later. Let's get a move on it." Wi-Fi stated plainly, "I am also guessing our guests would like to get home as well. Once we get there, Sentiniel, if you can commit a map of Megalopolis to memory for teleporting purposes and knowing police and emergency services locations that would be handy. Rook, you as well in case you need to fly anywhere." she adds. The mutant had packed earlier ensuring she had an extra first aid kit and would leave most of her spiders at home. Taking only the two nameless ones with her.

Wi-Fi did have ideas to train up herself to better get a feel for the other powers in the group. Air to air combat was one. A little science lesson and some books on Metallurgy for Rook's powers as well. If she could bend metal she might be able to cjhange it as well. Some metals had properties and melting points that could prove useful to them against certain foes. For now The Omega Second-in-command had to keep them alive. No easy task in another city.

Before she left she sends a request:
"Wi-Fi to Chimera:
Requesting books and samples for various metals for the training of team members, Flight simulator (and access to aircraft and Hovercraft pilots).

Then as the last omega steps through she does.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

[size=85]Features:
• 12 attachment points

Omega Field Kit
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
Wi-Fi
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby CHIMERA » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:53 pm

Once More Into the Breach
Megapolis
Weather: Partially cloud, warm (67 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 11:00 am

After some idle chatter, Wi-Fi calls Bravo Team to attention and leads them through the portal. Guardian Plus follows behind to close the door, so to speak, as he ushers you into a windowless war room in the basement of a Megapolis PD precinct. You notice a wall of TV monitors, a face forming across all of them with each eye taking one screen and the mouth taking two full rows. You can assume that is Transit.

Thankfully, he is not alone. Two human men approach you. Neither appear to have superpowers. One is a short, muscular man with light brown skin, a swooping bowl haircut, and swollen right cheek. His left arm dangles in a sling. Guardian introduces him to you, "Detective Logan Curtis. He's been working undercover on this case trying to infiltrate the fight scene."

Curtis winces at Guardian Plus's words."Nice to meet you," he say raising his right hand, holding a coffee mug. "We think that whoever is running this club has been scouting local gyms for new talent. I've been going to a little kick boxing dojo a few blocks down, trying to make a name for myself."

"It did not go well," his partner says. He looks like he could have been a fighter too: tall and broad-shouldered, his hefty frame looks like it hides significant muscle. His face has a boyish energy that is aged prematurely by wispy pale blonde hair. "He was in an exhibition fight, and this guy got him in an arm-bar. Logan, here, wouldn't tap out, so the guy popped his shoulder out."

"I almost broke the hold."

"The recruiters were not interested," his partner says shaking his head. "Not like Officer Gathe. He was a natural fighter. So good he got recruited even though he didn't have powers. Got in a van, said he'd give us a heads up when he was fighting. Then one of our other undercovers gets a phone call saying to pick up his friend." Both officers take heavy swigs of coffee and sigh.

Guardian Plus nods. "Det. Hoyle was going to visit the hospital. Officer Gathe was- I mean, is his son-in-law. You can go with him, if you like. Visiting hours are from 1 to 3."

The TV screens change from static to a map of Megapolis. An arrow points at your current location at the police precinct. A pulsing red cross forms over the hospital where Officer Gathe is laying in a coma. A few stars appear across the city. Transit says, "We also know that they recruit fighters off of social media. Local gangs make videos of their powered members showing off. The starred locations are spots where the Full Deck and Smiles Crew have been especially active. You might find some fighters warming up in these areas, or even get scooped up yourself."

Det. Curtis lightens up. "Yeah, no one knows you in this city. We could even take you to a gym, and you might get noticed there. The recruiters know all our powered officers at this point. They keep shouting 'narc' at our guys during sparring matches. And in those new costumes, you'll get all kinds of attention." Crossed barbels mark the location of each gym. The TV screens display the locations of every lead the local police have gathered on the Arena within the city.

WHAT DO YOU DO?
CHIMERA
Assistant Game Master

Postby Iron Maiden » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:19 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 64/27%
JIC: 1d20 = 7
JIC%: 1d100 = 98

Chastity reflects, then asks, "Do people show up in gyms to work out in this kind of clothing? It does not seem like anything I have ever seen in a gym."

If the answer is that they do wear such gear, she will be surprised and ask how often. It is possible, fashion is not her thing.

If the answer is that they do not, or that it is rare, she will say, "Right, so not the way to start out looking if you are going the gym route. It might be all right as gang colors if we are going in as a rival gang invading one of the other gang's turf."

Either way, she will look a Wifi and say, "I think we should have whoever has healing abilities go to the hospital, possibly with a Telepath, and try to get the officer out of his coma. Meanwhile, some of us, such as myself, should go to the gym or the Dojo and start working out. Establishing a presence, and making it obvious that we are meta."

Chastity glances at Officer Curtis, "Perhaps you should challenge me to a fight. You are no doubt technically better and I will only be able to win by use of my powers. That would establish both my baseline skill level and how meta-powerful I am. The odds are fair it will attract the kind of attention we seek."

She continues, "If that does not work, then we start establishing a presence as a new gang...say by tagging a few areas with blue omega symbols to start with, and then other things until the local gangs are forced to pay attention, and either try to recruit us or to beat us down."

Streetwise: 1d100 = 77/61%

She looks back at Wifi, "I am not a tactician, but that is what I would do."
Iron Maiden
Natural AR 11

CLOCKWORK WOLF
Natural AR 16
Iron Maiden

Return to Century Station: Operation Overlord Adventures