Crucible and Ruslan: It's All Greek To Me

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Crucible and Ruslan: It's All Greek To Me

Postby Blackhaunt » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:14 am

JAVARTA
Date: Monday, March 23rd, 2043
Weather: Outside: Sunny, warm, bright (55 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 4:00 pm

Ruslan:
*clink* Your keys hit perfectly in the ceramic bowl on the desk in the entryway to your apartment. After a long day out chasing a story, you're ready to relax and the last thing you wanted to see was a text message from a source. But upon dropping your keys on the entryway table, that's the exactly what pops up on your burner phone.
Joe the Snitch wrote:1610 Jubilation Street. Lennox. Major sale for the Bullheadz. In two hours. This is my last report.

You know that all you have to do is call upon your other self and you can be on the scene within minutes.

WILLINGHAM
Time: 3:58 pm

Crucible:
It has been a long a fruitless journey in Century Station. And a noticeable amount more filthy than back in Leeds. Century Station has more criminals of all sorts than you could have imagined. Boring ones too. At least the criminals back home had the nerve to incorporate a theme of some sort into their crimes. Whether it was as simple as the Teamaker who had guns full of liquids of various properties or Union Jack who was seemingly unstoppable and claimed that his power came from the spirit of the United Kingdom, they had some sort of flair to them. Century Station villains thus far had been made up of robots who were created to kill or women with bird wings and acid spit. Not the same caliber.

It was while thinking about these differences that his phone chirped. But not the chirp of a normal phone call or text message. But the chirp that was set for important messages from MI18, the UK's Arcane Intelligence Division.

Countess Deirdre Davenport wrote:Dear Crucible,
I write to inform you of information related to your current investigation. A buyer has been found for one rare Greek artifact in the city of Century Station. Through various shell companies, we traced the buyer and it has been pinned down to a group called the Bullhead Mafia. They are purported to have ties to the Asterion Group, a smash hit of a corporation that has their hands in a bit of every pie. We have the time and place of their deal. We need you to recover the artifact and stop the deal.

The rest of the information is transmitted via secured text. The address was in the Lennox district of Century Station. The meet up happened in two hours. The journey to the meetup would take 45 minutes by foot or about 7 through flight. Either way, the tea you'd just poured was going to have to wait.

What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master

Re: Crucible and Ruslan: It's All Greek To Me

Postby Crucible » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:39 am

Perception Bonus: 31%/56% to recognise the arcane 1d100 = 31
JIC 1d100 = 14 1d20 = 8

Century Station was quite a bit different from the city he'd grown up in, though not so different from London, which was almost as cosmopolitan, but probably more international in flavour. Admittedly, he had spent far too much time in ancient ruins, down in dusty rooms or in caverns, actually being in a city for a change was a nice change of

Behind the large sunglasses, that everyone assumed was because he was a tourist, he reaches up and scratches beneath his left eye. It still itches all these years later

Blackhaunt wrote:It was while thinking about these differences that his phone chirped. But not the chirp of a normal phone call or text message. But the chirp that was set for important messages from MI18, the UK's Arcane Intelligence Division.

Countess Deirdre Davenport wrote:
Dear Crucible,
I write to inform you of information related to your current investigation. A buyer has been found for one rare Greek artifact in the city of Century Station. Through various shell companies, we traced the buyer and it has been pinned down to a group called the Bullhead Mafia. They are purported to have ties to the Asterion Group, a smash hit of a corporation that has their hands in a bit of every pie. We have the time and place of their deal. We need you to recover the artifact and stop the deal.

The rest of the information is transmitted via secured text. The address was in the Lennox district of Century Station. The meet up happened in two hours. The journey to the meetup would take 45 minutes by foot or about 7 through flight.

Matthew punches in the location into his phone, so he knew where it was. Can get there quickly enough. Doubt it will be simple though.

Blackhaunt wrote:Either way, the tea you'd just poured was going to have to wait.

Matthew looks at the tea and sighs. The waitress had been so nice and friendly when she realised he was British, he had not the heart to tell her when she came rushing over with a pot of tea, that he could not actually stand the stuff. He had been tempted to cast a spell on it to remove toxins. He stands up and pays for the drink, leaving a decent tip for her. Drink was not to his taste, but he certainly could not complain about the service.

First, to collect my gear and get suited up; should probably let the locals know I'm investigating a lead on something. Play nice with them, though not let them know what I am looking for.

Matthew heads back to where his gear is stored, drops a message to the local police that he is investigating a lead in Lennox and readies himself before heading out.
Silver squawked at him from her perch. "Yes, you can come along," he smiles to his familiar, "though you will stay away from any fighting."
He casts fly as the eagle upon himself and flies out alongside Silver. Once he reaches near the location, he will find a place on a rooftop somewhere to secrete himself and begin astral projection to scout the site.

OOC Comments
Total PPE usage 31
viewtopic.php?f=964&t=17657

OOC Comments
PPE: 706
HP: 46
SDC: 71
Sex: Male
Height: 6 ft 3
Weight: 210lbs
Description: Tall, well built, muscular, with long flowing robes that cover his body. In civilian clothes, wavy brown hair cut military short, wears large shades to cover his left eye, with slightly weathered skin. Average looking with a strange false left eye. often seen carrying a book of various different subjects.

Eye of Odin
20/20 vision, Nightvision (600', constant, no cost)), See Aura (constant, no cost), See the Invisible (constant, no cost)
Crucible

Postby Ruslan » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:05 am

Perception: 31% / 1d100 = 98
JiC: 1d20 = 12

Ruslan sighs as he rolls into his living room, it had been a long day. This moonlighting is seriously cutting into my beauty sleep. He dropped his bag next to the couch and looked around his apartment. Still need to write up this story, and probably clean up around here.

It wouldn't do to rush out on an empty stomach. He gave some leftover delivery a smell check and threw it into the microwave. Pretty sure that's from Saturday... An exploratory taste 'confirmed' it was still good before he inhaled his late lunch. Maybe Friday?

A glance at the clock was all the confirmation he needed that he could get the story at least started before heading out the door to follow up on Joe's lead. He had been a reliable enough informant and his intel was likely solid. Two hours. Ruslan pulled out his laptop and began to hammer away at the story.

He glanced at the clock again after only writing a few words, a couple minutes had passed. Damnit... I'll just go now.

Transforming into that other man, he steps out of his wheelchair and judges his reflection. "What are you looking at, pretty boy?", he said, making the snide remark to the person he still had trouble viewing as himself. Ruslan no more had a costume than he had a name for this side of himself, but he had bought plenty of plain clothes to fit his larger form and stretchy clothes to fit them both. Jeans, a hoodie, and boots it was.

He tried to mix up how he left the apartment in this form; out the fire escape, through the front door, using an illusion, stepping out of a reflection nearby, and sometimes attempting to sneak out as a mercurial puddle up to the roof or down to the street. He felt that his was a healthy level of paranoia to protect his identity. Today felt like a mirror day though. Ruslan peered through a reflection outside and found a window on the street that he could step out of - then did so.

Setting off at a run to the Midtown Expressway and then Route 7, he speeds along the shoulder of the major roads. Arriving early won't be a bad thing. At least I might be able to avoid issues like that other time...

He slows to a stop blocks from the address. Hoping to scope the place out when he gets close enough, Ruslan hides in illusions when possible and cycles through various reflective surfaces to get better vantage points.
Ruslan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Blackhaunt » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:29 am

JAVARTA>LENNOX
Time: 4-4:20 pm
Ruslan:

In jeans, boots and a hoodie, Ruslan dresses his alternate form for discretion. Staring into a reflection outside, he transports himself to street level and then takes off at a clip down the roads of Century Station. At this speed he should get there in... now. He slows down when he's on the 1500 block of Jubilation Street. Looking at the surrounding area, he notes that the only windows that would be of any assistance to him are the windows at the top of the warehouse face. He'd have to get pretty close to use them. Something his illusions would be helpful with. At least these are the only ones visible form his perspective. There could be more on the roof as was common with this type of building. And there are plenty of ways he can see to get to the roof using his abilities.

WILLINGHAM>LENNOX
Time: 4-4:20 pm

Crucible:

As he leaves the cafe, the waitress says "Come see us again, hon!"

He heads the 7 blocks back to his apartment and gears up. He sends a message off to his CHIMERA liaison. He gets the response
CHIMERA Liaison wrote:"Stay safe. Report any findings."

With Silver in tow, Crucible casts a flight enhancement spell upon himself and heads out.

Crucible's path takes him from Willingham through some of the more unsavory areas of Brisby Flats, but cutting through the sky mitigates some of the danger. He flies over a few skirmishes between CSPD and colorpunks or between various superpowered beings. But his goal lies in the Lennox district. He finds the address that he'd plugged into his phone, circles around to find the best rooftop spot to hide out and then separates his astral self from his body to scout the site. He finds it to be an average warehouse, full of crates and shelves. There are no workers currently.
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master

Postby Crucible » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:45 am

Perception Bonus: 31%/56% to recognise the arcane 1d100 = 44
JIC 1d20 = 13 1d100 = 19

Conditions
OOC Comments
Fly as eagle 40 mins remaining.
Sense Supernatural Evil
Range: About 90ft radius maximum
Duration: Automatic and constant awareness
Saving Throw: None, but can be blocked by psychic mind block or protection from magic circle.
PPE: None

Blackhaunt wrote: He finds the address that he'd plugged into his phone, circles around to find the best rooftop spot to hide out and then separates his astral self from his body to scout the site. He finds it to be an average warehouse, full of crates and shelves. There are no workers currently.

Okay, so I am early and nobody has arrived to secure it, he ponders as he circles through the warehouse, getting a thorough plan of the location before heading back to his body. Best to not spend too long out of my body. Don't want to get lost in the astral plane.

As he returns to his body, his eyes flick open and he looks around to make sure there is nobody else around. Providing there isn't, he looks over at the building from his vantage point, as Silver lands gently on his arm.

"Silver, you stay here and keep watch," he tells his Familiar, gently stroking the feathers on her head, "I don't want you getting close to any danger but alert me if anybody enters the building."

With that, Matthew takes flight over to the warehouse and having already done a search astrally, looks to find a way inside to observe.

OOC Comments
Description: Tall, well built, muscular, with long flowing robes that cover his body. In civilian clothes, wavy brown hair cut military short, wears large shades to cover his left eye, with slightly weathered skin. Average looking with a strange false left eye. often seen carrying a book of various different subjects.

Eye of Odin
20/20 vision, Nightvision (600', constant, no cost)), See Aura (constant, no cost), See the Invisible (constant, no cost)
Crucible

Postby Blackhaunt » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:24 pm

LENNOX
Time: 4:20-4:23 pm

There being no one around him, Crucible gives some instructions to his familiar and then flies over to the rooftop of the warehouse. There is a skylight that could be perfect for observation or entering the building. Additionally, many of the windows on what would be the second story could be opened very easily.

Its All Greek To Me Warehouse.png

What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master

Postby Crucible » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:45 am

Perception Bonus: 31%/56% to recognise the arcane 1d100 = 32
JIC 1d100 = 16 1d20 = 8

Conditions
OOC Comments
Fly as eagle 40 mins remaining.
Sense Supernatural Evil
Range: About 90ft radius maximum
Duration: Automatic and constant awareness
Saving Throw: None, but can be blocked by psychic mind block or protection from magic circle.
PPE: None

Satisfied that Silver would alert him if there was danger, Crucible moves over to the skylight, flying a foot above the rooftop in case of sensors. Strikes me as unlikely but as the spell is still active.

He looks over the skylight and checks for an alarm. hate to trigger an alarm and let them know somebody has broken in.

OOC Comments
Basic Electronics 60% 1d100 = 27

Providing that he does not find an alarm, Crucible opens the skylight and gently floats down inside. Once inside, he will check for surveillance systems.
If there is none, he will look for the most likely place to carry out an exchange and move a few items around to provide decent cover in a few locations in order for him to be able to hide behind them.

OOC Comments
If it is locked and breaking it is beyond his PS34 (Supernatural), or if there is an alarm, he casts teleport lesser to gain access.

1d100 = 66

OOC Comments

Eye of Odin
Crucible

Postby Blackhaunt » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:30 pm

LENNOX
Time: 4:23-4:30 pm

Crucible checks but doesn't see any alarms on the rooftop window. With his strength, he very easily breaks the small padlock on the outside of the door. Heading inside, he sees lots of crates, some of which are on storage racks some on the floor. He notes that there is a back door. There are no cameras inside that he can see. Rearranging some items, he creates a perfect hiding place for himself on the storage rack surrounded by boxes.

What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master

Postby Crucible » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:15 pm

Perception Bonus: 31%/56% to recognise the arcane 1d100 = 1
JIC 1d100 = 36 1d20 = 6

Crucible keeps an eye out as he goes into a meditative trance for an hour whilst he waits in order to restore his energy reserves. He sits in a cross legged position, keeping a view on the main entrances.

Let's see if anybody turns up early to secure the site.

OOC Comments
Restores 12 PPE per hour.

OOC Comments

Eye of Odin
Crucible

Postby Blackhaunt » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:33 pm

LENNOX
Time: 4:30-5:45 pm

Silver keeps an eye out in the sky while Crucible delves into an hour of meditation (top up your PPE). As if on cue, at the end of an hour, he hears the metal door to the warehouse unlock and swing open with a creak. ”I'm telling you, Blair this is a sssssetup.” says a woman's voice that has a both a Greek accent and an inhuman tinge to it. ”Girl, shut up and stop being so paranoid. If one of them so much as moves funny, I'll gut em.” This woman's voice is much more normal, has a British accent to it, but is very unkind in its tone.

Opening his eyes, Crucible sees two women in trenchcoats. They look around the warehouse and then take positions leaning against a rack near yours. However, you are high up and they are at ground level.

What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master

Postby Crucible » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:42 am

Perception Bonus: 31%/56% to recognise the arcane 1d100 = 54
JIC 1d100 = 38 1d20 = 10

Looks like the party is getting started and a lot of distrust before all the players have arrived. If I use that, I could get them to take each other down or at least preoccupied whilst I grab the item.
Crucible takes a peek at the women, using the see aura from his eye to ascertain everything he can about them before sending a message to his Police contact.

Lead is panning out, two women in trenchcoats, one called Blair he adds every bit of information he can see, the address and time of the meet.

Sounds like there will be fireworks tonight in the old town tonight, he muses as he casts a spell on himself a few minutes before the handoff is supposed to happen.

OOC Comments
39/206 PPE used
Casts Invisibility superior on himself

OOC Comments

Eye of Odin
Crucible

Postby Blackhaunt » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:20 pm

LENNOX
Time: 5:45-6 pm

Crucible takes a look at the auras of the two women present.

Greek woman:
Level: Medium
Magic: No.
Psychic: No.
PPE: Low.
Possessing Entity: No.
Health: Completely well.
Unusual Human Aberration: Yes.
Note: The aura appears as a soft glow surrounding her physical body. The upper half of her does not make sense in its form or movements. Rather like an old god were emerging from her torso.

Blair:
Level: High
Health: Injured.
Unusual Human Aberration: No.
Note: The aura appears as a soft glow surrounding her physical body. Her arms and various spots in her head appear as dull as rock. Potentially an inhuman attachment of some sort.

Crucible sends off a message to his contact regarding the two women he has seen. He receives no reply.

At 5:58 PM, Crucible casts Invisibility: Superior on himself. At 6 PM exactly, the door swings open again. This time, 5 men in trenchcoats step in. One of them steps forward and sets down a briefcase. "Ladies. I trust the trip was pleasant?" You can see his hand is covered in a green glove underneath his trenchcoat. Under his fedora, he seems to be wearing a mask.

Blair says "Cut the bullshit, 235. Open the case."

What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master

Postby Crucible » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:46 pm

Perception Bonus: 31%/56% to recognise the arcane 1d100 = 92
JIC 1d100 = 81 1d20 = 10
Initiative 1d20+2 = 22

Crucible waits for a few seconds to see what is in the case before making his move.
There are far too many of them to defeat by myself, certainly those two ladies, but I do not have to attack them to get the item. He smiles wryly to himself as he formulates a simple plan.

OOC Comments
Provided the item Crucible wants is in the case, he will begin the following actions whilst nobody is holding the item directly. No attacks on anybody are made in order to preserve his

Action 1 - cast darkness centred on the case (6) - 15 foot radius. Even in the darkness, Crucible can see all the way through it.
Action 2 - cast telekinesis (8) and pluck the item out of the case over to Crucible
Action 3 - cast ventriloquism (3) and from across the other side of the warehouse "Blair, I have the item. Take them down!" Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 45% 1 1d100 = 9 to see if they buy it. Even if they don't, should get them to be looking in the wrong direction.
Action 4 - Crucible will either place the item under his robes to conceal it using the invisibility spell or cast concealment (6)
Action 5 - Drop down from behind and walk towards the exit Prowl 91% from spell 1d100 = 86

If the item is not there, he will record the exchange on his phone, whilst scanning the 5 trenchcoat clad cliches with See Aura

if combat does ensue on Crucible

Action 1 cast armour of ithan
Action 2 run as quickly as possible whilst casting fear from his eye

parry or dodge as required
1d20+6 = 26
1d20+6 = 12
1d20+6 = 22
1d20+6 = 17
1d20+6 = 25
1d20+6 = 7
1d20+6 = 9
1d20+6 = 25

OOC Comments

Eye of Odin
Crucible

Postby Blackhaunt » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:15 pm

LENNOX
Time: 6:00:00-6:01:30 pm

Crucible watches as the man addressed as 235 opens the metal briefcase. Inside is a large sum of money, but not the artifact that Crucible has been sent to retrieve. The one named Blair steps forward to look at the money. "It's all there?" 235 responds "It's all there, Toots." Blair responds "Call me Toots again and I leave with the cash and your head." The greek sounding woman replies "Here isssss the artifact." From beneath her trench coat, a snake emerges. It's coils are wrapped around a beautiful piece of gold jewelry. A headband or something similar. It is adorned with coral colored gems and ornate engravings.

Two of the four backup trenchcoat folks behind 235 recoil as the snake makess an appearanccce. 235 doesn't physically recoil, but can be heard saying "Put it down next to the case. I'm not touching those things."

The artifact is now next to the case and the case of money is wide open.

What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master

Postby Crucible » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:49 am

Perception Bonus: 31%/56% to recognise the arcane 1d100 = 45
JIC 1d20 = 20 1d100 = 77

OOC Comments
Invisibility superior - need to calculate how much time is left, but certainly at least 5 minutes

As the headband is produced and Crucible is filming on his phone, whilst scanning the other 5 people with see aura, his abilities kick in and his knowledge comes to the fore.

OOC Comments
Sense Magic - automatic
Sense Enchantment 72% 1d100 = 14
Lore: Magic 45% 1d100 = 76
Recognize Enchantment 30% 1d100 = 68

Well, I have footage of whom these people are. Should help track down the other artefacts later. Crucible quickly stashes his phone and puts his plan into action with a few amendments.

Time to go into action.

OOC Comments
rolls and actions from previous post as discussed
Initiative 1d20+2 = 22
Provided the item Crucible wants is in the case, he will begin the following actions whilst nobody is holding the item directly. No attacks on anybody are made in order to preserve his invisibility

Action 1 - cast darkness centred on the case (6) - 15 foot radius. Even in the darkness, Crucible can see all the way through it.
Action 2 - cast telekinesis (8) and pluck the item out of the case over to Crucible
Action 3 - cast ventriloquism (3) and from across the other side of the warehouse "235, I have the item. Take them down!" Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 45% 1 1d100 = 9 [Make removable] to see if they buy it. Even if they don't, should get them to be looking in the wrong direction.
Action 4 - Crucible will either place the item under his robes to conceal it using the invisibility spell or cast concealment (6) and hold it with his telekinesis near him if having it near him is not a good idea
Action 5 - Drop down from behind and walk towards the exit Prowl 91% from spell 1d100 = 86 [Make removable]

if combat does ensue on Crucible

Action 1 cast armour of ithan
Action 2-? run as quickly as possible towards the door whilst casting fear from his eye
Action ? escape out of the main door

parry or dodge as required
1d20+6 = 26 [Make removable]
1d20+6 = 12 [Make removable]
1d20+6 = 22 [Make removable]
1d20+6 = 17 [Make removable]
1d20+6 = 25 [Make removable]
1d20+6 = 7 [Make removable]
1d20+6 = 9 [Make removable]
1d20+6 = 25 [Make removable]

OOC Comments

Eye of Odin
Crucible

Postby Blackhaunt » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:04 pm

LENNOX
Time: 6:01:30-6:02:00 pm

With the headband on the field, Crucible uses his attunement to magic to sense what was special about the object being traded. Especially for this amount of money. He senses that the headband is enchanted but not much else. However, he doesn't have to depend upon his lore of things magical to remember that this was one of the items he was charged with retrieving from the site that was looted under the watch of the Royal Engineers. This was the Diadem of Hermaphroditus. An artifact reputed to give one the beauty and physical form of their dreams.

His scan of the remaining people turns up the following:

Unknown Trenchcoat 1:
Level: Low

“235”:
Level: Medium
Unusual Human Aberration: Yes.

Unknown Trenchcoat 2:

Unknown Trenchcoat 3:

Unknown Trenchcoat 4:

Crucible puts his phone back in his pocket and begins to enact his plan.

Darkness falls over the area of the case and Crucible grabs the headband with his telekinesis. As he's bringing it back to him, he hears a hissing voice scream "IT'S A SSSSSETUP!" As he's drawing the headband to himself, he sees a bright green glow emit from 235 as he hears a sound, not unlike a sword being unsheathed from the other side of the room. He uses ventriloquism to say "235, I have the item. Take them down!" from the trenchcoated side of the room.

At this point, Crucible gets an empathic signal from Silver. The feeling is lack of safety. He gets a glimpse of Silver's viewpoint and sees from behind, a woman with long blonde hair dressed in gold on a rooftop. She's peering into a skylight. From his place on the shelves, Crucible quickly obscures the headband under his robes and watches as the powderkeg of a situation he ignited begins to explode.

235 drops his trenchcoat and begins covering the area in front of him with plumes of green flames from his left hand, his glowing green eyes pouring out energy. Two of the trench coat men reveal assault rifles from underneath their trenchcoats while the other two run for the area of darkness. The trenchcoats drop from Blair and her companion revealing Blair to be a brunette with a Red and Gold costume and razorclaws extruding from her fingers. She dips to the right to close in with 235's side and yells "Medusa! Get the gunmen!". The other trenchcoat drops and Crucible sees something out of a story book. The legs of a human but from the waist up, just snakes. Medusa goes quick and low to the left closing in with the other side.

Seeing as how the front door is currently blocked by combat, Crucible goes for the back door he observed earlier. As he's climbing down the rack he was previously posted on, he accidentally kicks over a small box full of what sounds like glass (Prowl should have been vs 84% as per Invisibility: Superior). He looks back quickly to gauge the reaction to his slip up, but finds that beyond one person looking over instead of shooting, they are entirely rapt with each other at the moment. He presses on the bar for the exit, heads out to the street and looks back at the warehouse. There's plenty of loud noises happening inside, and no one on the street paying any attention at all.

What are you doing?

The Players
"235":

Trenchcoat Men:

"Blair":

Medusa:

Butcher's Bill
Crucible:
Invisibility Superior
  • 5:00/9:00 minutes remaining
PPE
  • 150/206
Eye of Odin PPE
  • 48/60
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master

Postby Crucible » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:53 am

Perception Bonus: 31%/56% to recognise the arcane 1d100 = 27
JIC 1d100 = 94 1d20 = 17

Crucible exits the warehouse and exhales, releasing the breath that he had not entirely realised he was holding.

How the hell did I get away with that? he ponders to himself. He urges Silver to keep an eye on the figure on the roof in case they follow him.

Still invisible, he starts walking away from the warehouse before those inside realise what has really happened. He pauses to refresh his invisibility spell before moving into an alleyway or doorway where he can observe the warehouse. He pings the footage over to the CSPD before ringing his contact.

"The individuals in the footage are currently at my previously stated location, in conflict with each other. Presuming that they have outstanding warrants against them, you probably want to send something like the Centurions to mop them up if they are available."

OOC Comments
Cast Invisibility superior again when the existing one is due to drop

OOC Comments

Eye of Odin
Crucible

Postby Blackhaunt » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:14 pm

LENNOX
Time: 6:02-6:10 pm

Releasing a tense breath, Crucible feels he is distant enough from the warehouse to contact his handlers. 30 seconds later, he receives a text back.
MI18 Agent Flagstone wrote:Well met. Meet at the Strangemoore Cafe and Bookstore in the lobby of the Standish Building, Silver City.

From Lennox to Silver City at this hour by vehicle would take 45 minutes. Via flight, about 10 minutes. Public transportation would take an hour and a half.

Silver, upon instruction to continue watching the figure in case they were being followed shows Crucible that the golden clad figure has flown away at incredibly high speeds. Faster than Silver or Crucible are capable of following.

There are cars flying overhead, the occasional masked super transporting under their own power through the sky and some industrial noises. But overall, the area is calm.

What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master

Postby Crucible » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:58 am

Perception Bonus: 31%/56% to recognise the arcane 1d100 = 94
JIC 1d100 = 32 1d20 = 4

Blackhaunt wrote:Silver, upon instruction to continue watching the figure in case they were being followed shows Crucible that the golden clad figure has flown away at incredibly high speeds. Faster than Silver or Crucible are capable of following.

He urges Silver to look through the skylight to see what is happening inside the warehouse in order to provide one last report to the CSPD before leaving. If there are prisoners to pick up, that would lend some urgency to them arriving.

Blackhaunt wrote:MI18 Agent Flagstone wrote:
Well met. Meet at the Strangemoore Cafe and Bookstore in the lobby of the Standish Building, Silver City.

Crucible checks the distance and time to get to this bookstore.

Another flight it is then, he muses, best to stay invisible so nobody notices me enter.

With his immense power reserve, he casts fly as the eagle on himself as he sets off, casting invisibility superior again on himself mid flight as the previous one runs out.

OOC Comments
2x Invisibility superior and 1x fly as the eagle (65ppe)

Invisibility Superior
5:00/9:00 minutes remaining

PPE
590/706
Eye of Odin PPE
48/60

Provided the store is open, Crucible will try to enter discreetly and invisible as to not attract attention.

OOC Comments

Eye of Odin
Crucible

Postby Blackhaunt » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:52 pm

SILVER CITY
Time: 6:10-6:20 pm

Silver's view shows three of the gunmen down, U-235 shooting green bolts of energy from his hand and Medusa and Razor attempting to encircle the villain. Satisfied with this final viewing, Crucible makes his way toward Silver City.

The flight is uneventful minus the two aircars he had to dodge due to his invisible state. Arriving to Silver City, he is greeted with a view of several unbelievably tall skyscrapers. How every inch of them manages to remain pristine is anyone's guess. He lands in front of the Standish Building noting the gigantic 10 story statue of a man in front. If he takes the time to read the plaque in front, it reads
Plaque wrote:"Ernst Z. Standish – Genius, Architect, Father, Larger Than Life"

Entering the cafe, he sees many people on laptop computers, drinking their coffee drinks and existing in their small bubbles. What passes for elevator music is playing in the background. He sees a familiar face sitting on a couch near a table filled with books.

What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master

Postby Crucible » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:37 am

Perception Bonus: 31%/56% to recognise the arcane 1d100 = 75
JIC 1d20 = 3 1d100 = 72

He takes a moment to look around and then slips into a seat across from his contact, as he renews his Invisibility spell. He leans over the table, holding the Diadem of Hermaphroditus underneath the table. Advantage of magic like this means exchanges can go very smoothly

"Feel under the table," he whispers loudly enough for her to hear, "best that nobody sees me at all. I can put it under a concealment spell if you need or if we need to go elsewhere."

If they need to go elsewhere, Crucible will follow her invisible. Wherever they end up that the contact deems suitable to talk, Crucible presents his report, transferring footage and providing description for the other person.

"Have sent the footage of the two sellers and the description of the third person. Should hopefully be enough to identify them. With them now at odds with their buyer, this should hopefully give us an opening to get back whatever they have not already sold and find out where they sold the other pieces."

OOC Comments

Eye of Odin
Crucible

Postby Blackhaunt » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:41 pm

SILVER CITY
Time: 6:20-6:25 pm

The woman startles in her comfortable seat and jostles her book to the cushions. "Damnit, I hate it when you do that, Crucible." As per your suggestion, she places her hand under the table and takes the artifact. She slips it into her large purse and produces an envelope. "Someone else will deal with that intel. I'm just here for the pickup and to deliver your next assignment." She slides the envelope over to him over the table.

After Crucible has the envelope, Agent Flagstone says "This tea is shite. I'm getting out of here. Enjoy Century Station, I haven't." She stands up to leave and unless Crucible has any questions for her, she walks out the door and then takes off into the sky under her own power.

What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master

Postby Crucible » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:23 am

Perception Bonus: 31%/56% to recognise the arcane 1d100 = 27
JIC 1d100 = 23 1d20 = 5

Crucible smiles under his mask as he spooks Agent Flagstone; having previously been the junior member of the unit, he'd been subjected to magical jokes. Of course, with the eye in his possession, they were less successful than they would have liked. Occasionally he liked to pay it back and remind them of his power.

He slips the envelope under his costume after being handed it and nods, even though it was a pointless gesture as he could not be seen.

"Who will be my liaison if you are leaving Century Station?" he asks, curious. It might be covered in the envelope, but he preferred to find out first hand.

He renews the invisibility and flight spells and flies back to his apartment. Entering through the window, he ushers Silver to his perch; "Good boy Silver," he strokes the head of his familiar as he peels off his hood, glad to no longer be breathing through material. Taking a breath of fresh air, he tears open the envelope and begins perusing his new orders, wondering where he was being sent next to get the rest of the artefacts.

OOC Comments

Eye of Odin
Crucible

Postby Blackhaunt » Sat May 02, 2020 11:45 am

SILVER CITY
Time: 6:25-6:30 pm

Flagstone gives a quick answer before she takes off. "Lance Steele. Word is, he used to be a real monster of a combatant. Now he's just a pencil pusher. How the mighty have fallen. Goodbye, Crucie."

Upon opening the envelope, Crucible discovers a few items.
  • Business Card
  • Letter
  • Debit Card

Letter wrote:Contact Lance Steele at the number on the card today. You will be working with Century Station's up and coming superteam, The Omegas. Debit card has enough cash to get you through April. Good luck and make us look good.

The business card has the telephone number for Lance Steele on it.

Thread locked. Post here next.
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master

Return to Adventures