Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

In the distant reaches of the Milky Way Galaxy, a race teeters on the brink of extinction as it is pursued by the relentless Atorian Empire. [Adventure forum.]

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:31 am

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 55, 0800
Location: A.D.F.S. Dauntless


The 1st SOG awakens the next morning at reveille (0600) and sets about their morning routine with unusual alacrity. They have gear to ready for transfer, after all. Morning meal consumed and showers taken, the squad sets about stripping their racks, folding their uniforms, and gathering the stuff from their foot lockers in the berthing. At 0700 Speckles shows up, gives them instructions as to which albatross they'll be taking at 0800, and doesn't insult their intelligence by informing them of the obvious necessity of getting all their gear onto that bird. It's a tight schedule with all the gear the 1st SOG has accumulated over the last few weeks, but they manage to get everything stowed aboard the waiting albatross, even the three suits of power armor used by various members of the squad. Wanda, Rolyn, Isabela, and Rúni board and pair off in jump seats between the four turrets. Each has a satchel with them holding all of their necessaries.

The albatross stands ready in Hangar Bay One. Flight deck personnel are removing the last few hook-ups, and the boarding iris is open.

Upper Deck, Albatross
Image

Rosseyn runs a few pre-flight checks from the co-pilot's station: all systems are nominal. Corrigon boards the albatross with the boredom of one accustomed to having been the master of many small craft. As he stows his gear he wonders what changes will have taken place when they return from their mission this time. Ryden slides into his seat behind Corrigon and runs a pre-flight check on all ECM and associated systems: all systems are nominal.

Lower Deck, Albatross
Image
Niall heads to the crew chief's engineering panel just behind and below the cockpit, and goes through his own engineering, auxiliary, and counter-measure systems checklist: all systems normal. Cairo takes position at the romeo one turret, pulls on his headset, allows it to merge into his head slightly, and checks in with the team. Halko stows his gear and takes the Lima one station. Sliding into the turret, he pulls on his headset and checks in with the team. Halko and Cairo in their turrets look once again at the familiar controls and the targeting computer panel. Their eyes drift over the display panels and take in its features.
The Target ID window is in the top right.
The Comm window is on the bottom right.
The data display is along the left side of the screen.
Just like on the Bait & Switch.


Moving to a New Home
Hangar Bay One is cleared of non-essential personnel with professional rapidity and the white shirt in charge of the deck signals for the doors to open. The moments pass, the doors open to vacuum, and Corrigon smoothly extracts the albatross from the bay as Rosseyn handles radio traffic with Dauntless Control and Pri-Fly. Halko and Cairo watch as the massive doors close behind them. The doors quickly disappear into the massive broadsides of the A.D.F.S. Dauntless but it takes a solid five minutes before the gargantuan ship begins to look small with distance. Niall and Ryden both get throbbing green lights on their displays. They are receiving coordinates and landing instructions for the Stiletto. The two nod to one another and Ryden routes the data to the pilot and co-pilot's instrument panels. Within a few minutes of high speed burns and directional corrections, they come within sight of their new home, the Stiletto.
Image

Corrigon initiates radio contact with A.D.F.S. Stiletto. "Stiletto Control, this is Albatross bravo-zero-zero-one requesting bay door opening for landing, ten souls on board. Over."

"Roger, Albatross bravo-zero-zero-one, proceed to landing on Stiletto's port side. Initiating bay door opening sequence now. Over and out." Corrigon maneuvers their vessel to the other side of the thousand foot long warship. The bay doors begin to loom large in the canopy of the albatross when they suddenly begin to retract with far greater speed than the massive, armored bay doors of the Dauntless. Within seconds, the massive doors are open and reveal the tight confines of the landing bay, but Corrigon, accustomed to landing Shrikes and albatrosses in a variety of vessels' landing bays, is unflustered. He uses the attitude control jets on the albatross to slow the vessel to a snail's pace as it passes beyond the door perimeter, then cuts the jets and allows the vessel to settle to the deck. The bay doors close with the same rapidity as they opened, and within a second there's a nearly deafening hissing sound as atmosphere refills the hangar bay. A few moments later, this too ceases, and everyone's instrument panels show a green light for full pressurization external to the albatross. They're home.

A white shirt and a trio of brown shirts emerge from a tunnel to one side of the albatross. The white shirt gives Corrigon a perfunctory thumbs-up, and the four crewmen get to work with a pair of small tractors and loads of experience to maneuver the albatross into proper position for it's next departure.


Conditions:
Local Time: Day 55, 0830
Location: A.D.F.S. Stiletto


Everyone knows they're going to need to let their passengers disembark, and get in touch with the Captain Tanaka before the Stiletto makes its jump to Chandrakant.

What are your intentions?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 3660
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:51 pm

OOC: Medical Records Confirmed via Hangouts & supplemented below[OOC]

Perception [59%]: 1d20 = 12 [+15% in Space]
JiC D20: 1d100 = 33
JiC D100: 1d100 = 70

Cairo rises sometime around 0500 to a flashing LED-alarm programmed into his personal computer and checks for messages [Medical Records, Court-marshal charges, ads for Male Enhancement and Credit Cards, an apology email from Qorbin for being a killjoy, whatever's there]. He's fresh as a blooming flower since he fatigues at 1/3 the normal rate and turned in early to boot. After reading through whatever is there (if anything), he rolls over onto an absently conjured floating disc (which conveniently hovers him past anyone sleeping and over the the head). **Heading over to the Stiletto today. Tanaka seemed like fun last night, guess I can pray that it's as good a ship as the Assegai was.** When he finishes with morning biological 'requirements', CJ quietly [Prowl 75%: 1d100 = 51] heads back to his locker and pulls out a clean t-shirt, flight suit, and running shoes which he dons [sans helmet which he tucks under an arm] before heading out to sit and reflect at the Hall-Memorial for awhile.

He then proceeds over to Hangar 002 in the interest of testing out one of his newly developed powers, the one that lets him go without an EBA. Cairo makes his way over to an airlock/access hatch and depressurizes before he steps outside for a-while [if questioned, CJ will explain that he's cleared for EVA without a suit]. Xanreys's unyielding grip remains locked onto a safety handle with 1 hand as the other calmly holds onto the unneeded helmet. **Passed over after the Coup for promotion, and now it looks like every gods-damned step up the ladder I take is going to be in the process of boosting some snivelling sod or another ahead of me. I'm either going to be looking at Niall's ass the who damn time, or covering it while he damn cowers like a b^tch. He's a nice enough guy, but damn it he did not do shit on that rock Grymdin except get snatched up and carried off by Zed and he still managed to get another promotion ahead of me ... though they really frakked over Halko didn't they? That kid's sprouting powers like a damn fountain and they won't even give him O-1 status.** In impotent frustration and rage, Cairo screams a string of profanities out out into the void where no one can hear them for a solid five minutes. Then, once this is complete the PA Pilot exhales, soaking up the silence and unyielding cold of emptiness as he looks inward for a path that doesn't involve breaking some dumb-ass' jaw into tiny framents, *3 weeks ago I was just your standard silk-smooth pilot who could dance a Wardog between the blades on a spinning fan. I couldn't even fly, and although I could ring an ADF Marine's bell I did not have to worry about killing anyone in a bar fight. Now I can lift 5? 6 tons? If I'm not careful or lose my fuse, my stress release is going to frakking permanently cripple someone else ... Blood and ashes, what the frak was Bodean thinking talking about barfighting for fun? He must be damn good at holding back. What do they say? To a man with only a hammer, a screw is a defective nail.*

In the vacuum Cairo floats in contemplation looking out at the unblinking and apparently unmoved starscape when he notices that he physically, in addition to not feeling the Cold or the need to breathe, seems to have lost his the gnawing feeling in his belly for breakfast, **I wonder if this is part of my biological adjustment, or did I just get too focused on something else and lost my appetite? If it was part of the change, does that make me more plantlike now? hehehe, Am I able to subsist off of starlight and solar radiation? No more rations necessary then? There's probably a limit, but no time today to experiment as to its extent.** Then heads back in to the Berthing where he quietly packs his gear into a couple heavy bags and heads back to Hangar 001 to find their new Albatross.

==== Later ====

With grim bemusement CJ takes a seat at the Romeo-1 Turret, **If this little jag-off Ego isn't a better frakking pilot than I am, I am going to figuratively break his knees, so help me ... or at minimum put him to scrubbing the halls of the Stiletto with a toothbrush 8 hours at a damn time.** Cairo will Machine-Merge and begin the fire-linking process for the two Romeo-Turrets creating set-ups for the 2 stations to jointly target and fire (with a basic Numeric password [1313] to access the joint-control function):

Computer Programming [95%+25% Linked = 120%]: 1d100 = 64, 1d100 = 69, 1d100 = 5
Weapon Systems [105%+25% Linked = 130%]: 1d100 = 15, 1d100 = 38, 1d100 = 15

"Romeo 1 and 2 designating a joint firing code of 1313 if the need arises for future operations. Can set up Lima joint-firing as well if desired, just name your access code. Or we can link the 2 front and 2 rear turrets if that is preferred." After completing any setup that Halko IDs as his preference, Cairo sits back casually from the console for a few moments after touchdown before unbuckling and walking over to check their stowed gear inquiring to anyone in easy earshot, "Hey did that Sentry-Bot from the Eclipse come over? I was going to take a look at its AI, FNF, and automated targetting programs."
Last edited by Cairo on Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 247/247
S.D.C.: 1350/1350

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 570
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:10 pm

A medic shows up in the launch bay shortly after their touch down, approaches the boarding iris, and calls out to those inside. "I have a confidential intrafleet communique for Lieutenant Xanreys!" When Cairo shows up, she has him submit to a quick retinal scan, then hands over the datapad to him, and runs off back into one of the adjoining tunnels.

When Cairo goes to read the communique he finds that it's from Doc Links himself.

Confidential Message wrote:"Lieutenant, we finally managed to get around to your blood work. Sorry for the delay. Anyway, your results are enclosed.
Happy hunting at your new command,
Doc."

There is a prefacing statement followed by the three findings and commentary regarding each.
Code: Select all
Three serious genetic alterations have occurred since last your matrix was mapped.
YOU HAVE DEVELOPED AN UNIDENTIFIED RESISTANCE OR IMMUNITY ADAPTATION. These sorts of changes are often incredibly subtle. You may not even be aware of its manifestation under normal circumstances.
YOU HAVE DEVELOPED AN UNIDENTIFIED ALTERNATIVE BIOLOGICAL ADAPTATION. Often, but not always, these adaptations are easily identified by an immediate and obvious change in one's physical appearance. This is not the case with the markers on your matrix, so remain observant of your own physical body.
YOU HAVE DEVELOPED MASSIVELY INCREASED STRENGTH/MUSCLE DENSITY. This kind of adaptation usually, though not always, results in a visible physical change. Be cautious with your newfound strength as it can be as potentially harmful to yourself as with others until you've adapted to your new strength.

(Adjust your post accordingly.)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, go to PayPal then make your donation to: lloyd.ritchey@gmail.com
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 3660
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:41 am

Perception: 1d100 = 57/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 9

Dauntless:
Sleeping well after the nice promotion celebration for his SOG, the sound of reveille is a stark reminder that the celebrations are occasional while the job is forever. He awakens quickly and sets to preparations immediately. Shit, shower, shave happen before he's truly conscious causing him to nick himself during the latter activity. He instinctively becomes a semi-translucent, fully intangible blue version of himself, causing his razor to drop through his fleshless form and to the ground. He looks down with sleep in his eyes and says "Frak." Gotta get a handle on that.

The rest of the morning goes much better with his packing taking little to no time. If you never unpack, you never have to pack it back up. He places his photo album from the side of his bed into his duffel bag and makes sure to grab the picture of his parents from the wall. His gear, already neatly in order, is easy to load onto the new Albatross for the flight to the Stiletto. Once he's loaded up, he takes a look over the new Albatross before checking in with his new pilot. "Lance Corporal Malath. Ego. Combat Aviator. You're flying this bird today, tomorrow and until I say stop. My advice for you? Always do your best, fly true and straight and if you want to live, always listen to Brainiac. Without his smarts watching our backs, the 1st would be space dust 10 times over. We clear?"

The Void:
Once everyone is loaded on, Nova takes his seat in the co-pilot chair and runs his pre-flight checks, then handles the radio traffic as they head out the bay doors. As they pull away from the Dauntless, Nova says quietly "Goodbye old friend. On to the next."

From his co-pilot's seat, Rosseyn watches as Ego masterfully makes their way through the void and lands the Albatross in the Stiletto's docking bay. "Excellent work, Ego."

Stiletto:
"Alright, crew. Our passengers are going to disembark first. Once they are clear, the 1st may make its way off of the ship. I am headed to meet with Captain Tanaka. Brainiac, you're with me. Everyone else, get loaded up into our Berthing and familiarize yourself with the Stiletto. Welcome to your new home." And with that, he heads to C.D.C. to contact Captain Tanaka.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 382
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:28 am

Perception [59%]: 1d100 = 19 [+15% in Space]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 2
JiC D100: 1d100 = 64

After accepting the datapad with his medical reports on it from the courier, CJ thanks the man and slips it into his pocket before returning his attention to the others, **Maybe I can re-purpose this datapad for Rolly. He probably doesn't have much, but this thing should at minimum have enough space for some music files, books too. Something to occupy his mind in the off hours.**

Rosseyn wrote:Stiletto:
"Alright, crew. Our passengers are going to disembark first. Once they are clear, the 1st may make its way off of the ship. I am headed to meet with Captain Tanaka. Brainiac, you're with me. Everyone else, get loaded up into our Berthing and familiarize yourself with the Stiletto. Welcome to your new home." And with that, he heads to C.D.C. to contact Captain Tanaka.


*Thankfully I was previously stationed on a Destroyer, I already know my way around the layout. Just have to find our Berthing No. which looks like XX-16748. Should be easy enough. Niall probably gets to take the Supermodel gal to her berth, but me? ... I shall drop my stuff and see who else is assigned about this thing. Maybe garner a bit of good will if I can.* Cairo lifts the heavily laden dufflebags of his gear without any apparent strain, and heads over towards the door to offer Rolyn a friendly jostle and humorous jibe since they are cousins, "C'mon c'mon slowpoke. Kidding, kidding. Looks like we are in XX-16748, stop by if you want to get a drink later tonight."

Once their passengers have departed, Cairo checks with the deck crew to see where the First SOG's combat gear will be stowed (OOC: On the Dauntless it was in the Hangar, but CJ wants to at least know where in the Hangar if there are different sections etc.) then follows suit and departs for [First SOG Berthing].
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 247/247
S.D.C.: 1350/1350

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 570
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Halko » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:12 pm

Percep 39%: 1d100 = 23
JIC: 1d20 = 10 1d100 = 56

Halko didn't linger in the Crow's Nest very long. He sipped at his drink and kept his conversation to just plain small talk. When Captain Tanaka and Commander Qorbin headed out, Halko set what was left of his drink back down on the bar, looked around for a moment and then headed back to their berthing.

Arriving back at the First SOG's berthing, Halko was happy to see that a lot of the gear they purchased off ship had been given back to them. Well, now this mean we have that much more stuff to pack. He shrugs and gets to work packing up all his gear.

When morning comes, Halko rises with the ease of a career soldier. Happily spotting that all his gear was still packed up save for the working uniform he set out the night before. Once he's cleaned up and ready, he goes by the mess hall for a bite before swinging back by the berthing and rounding up his gear.


Looking up at the Albatross, Halko smiles and says, "Lets hope you hold up better than your sister. Though she did us proud and got us home despite her moral wounds." Walking up the deck he runs his hand along the iris portal and says, "We're gonna need to find a name for you."

Halko stows his gear quickly and gets to his position at turret Lima One. As he fires up his station, he hears Cairo;

Cairo wrote:"Romeo 1 and 2 designating a joint firing code of 1313 if the need arises for future operations. Can set up Lima joint-firing as well if desired, just name your access code. Or we can link the 2 front and 2 rear turrets if that is preferred."


Clicking on his comms, Halko replies, "I was just thinking about that. I'm good with side to side. Link Lima One and Two under firing code 1847. While you're in there, you might as well set a fire code for front/front and rear/rear. After this run, I'll start taking the Lima Two turret so we can switch on the fly if need be."

Halko quiets down and enjoys the transit to the Stiletto. Once landed, Halko steps away from his turret and starts lining up all the gear that was stowed for the short flight over, readying it to be carried to their new berthing. Though he does keep out of the way of the passengers who will likely be off the Albatross as soon as the iris is open.

Once they have the location of their berthing, Halko grins at Cairo and says, "Mind conjuring up a force disk so we can get all this stuff in one run?" If Cairo has other plans, Halko goes out to find a cart that they can use. Either way, He loads up they First SOG's gear and makes his way to the assigned berthing.


Cairo wrote:"Hey did that Sentry-Bot from the Eclipse come over? I was going to take a look at its AI, FNF, and automated targeting programs."


Answering back with a shout, Halko says, "Yeah, I think I saw it when I was stowing my gear." He lets the word trail off as he goes about setting up his new turret.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 546
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:41 pm

Perception 83%/1d100 = 20
JIC: 1d100 = 53, 1d20 = 7

Last Night
Ryden leaves shortly after their new CO leaves, bidding all a good night. He heads to the med bay for a checkup and normal bloodwork. While waiting for the routine checkup (after normal hours, so likely outside of Links' purview), he composes an email to Doc Links. He shifts uncomfortably, acutely aware he lacks his suit generator. 'I wish they'd get done with it already!'

    Doc Links,

    Got some leads on your information you wanted, and I have your prepaid FIN account with a two hours of prepaid access. Account number and passcode are attached. I also have some basic information (attached) on the Mull Tiaii Fassinae or Perola's medical research. The problem is, that is all I have. Short of spending time running down a reputable information broker, I'm at an impasse on getting any actual databases. They just aren't available without chasing down a ton of leads and weeding through the scams and set ups, which are rampant on Grymdin. If I get to either planet, getting that information will be my first priority. I have included everything I could find, on their medicine and their peoples.

    Did you ever work out those contacts that allow HUD and video information to be passed? Or pass it on to R&D?

    Anyway, seems we're shipping off to the Stiletto first thing in the morning. I stopped by to get a check up. Have a good one shipmate.
    Lt. Ryden Hunter, First SOG
Once he is called back, he goes through the motions, has blood drawn for standard post off-world mission tests. He he sees the Doc, he'll let him know he has mail. If not, he'll leave it to be found over the course of the next few days.

After leaving there, Ryden heads to Requisitions and heads up to the counter when called. "Lt. Ryden Hunter. SUPPO said that he'd left a package here for me, some armor?" He fills out any forms cheerfully and completely, giving small talk as needed. With the armor in a bag, he carries it with him to the hanger and packs it into one of the crates marked with his serial number. He also ensures a few things are loaded. The extra sweets that had been obtained were still in their stuff. He moves one to his crate and sends an email to Nova telling him he did it.

After making sure things were set up in their mission gear, he heads back to the bunks and packs up all his crap, except his hygene supplies, a set of workout clothes, and a uniform for tomorrow, as well as his flight suit.

Get up!
He also wakes up at 0500 and heads to the gym for one last workout on familiar equipment. In particular he works on strength training and keeping up his endurance training, as well as agility workouts. Bodean had shown him a lot, plus their sparring matches. They were always painful, but instructive. Bodean was a much better teacher for the things he knew than almost anybody knew, at least until recently. The thought of how uncomfortable Bodean's talk of his "sister-wife" amused him in a dark way.

And ONNN our way!
He heads back to the bunks by 0600 and gets a shower. He then goes and runs his workout clothes through laundry and heads back to get the final stuff packed up. The picture of his mother, which hands on the inside door of his locker, is the last thing to get packed. He places it protectively inside the book his father had given him after he graduated primary school.

Ryden arrives at the ship very early and helps get things moved inside. He finds his suit computer and gets it put on, and then his flight suit goes on. He then begins launch prep, setting up preferences on his station and the ones he knows about on all the others. None of them are particularly hard to deal with, but being able to quickly get to data you're used to getting to helps. Ego's station he doesn't touch - mostly because he just has no idea how the Lance Corporal would even want it done. He sets up several macros for sending data to various places in a hurry. All n all, it takes ten minutes. Considering his fingers never seem to stop, even when he looks away at something, that represents a lot of information and preferences entered. He also downloads all their mission data to the ship's computers from the backups on his suit.

Rosseyn wrote:"Lance Corporal Malath. Ego. Combat Aviator. You're flying this bird today, tomorrow and until I say stop. My advice for you? Always do your best, fly true and straight and if you want to live, always listen to Brainiac. Without his smarts watching our backs, the 1st would be space dust 10 times over. We clear?"

Ryden chuckles. "It's a team effort. Short version, you concentrate on flying, I concentrate on getting you information about your surroundings. And making sure the gunners have info. Niall will pass on any engineering issues to you, as normal for a crew chief. Once you enter your preferences and have them finalized, let me know so I can make a backup.

After the Flight.
Rosseyn wrote:"Excellent work, Ego."

Ryden nods at this, but says nothing else. Nothing else needed saying.

Rosseyn wrote:"Alright, crew. Our passengers are going to disembark first. Once they are clear, the 1st may make its way off of the ship. I am headed to meet with Captain Tanaka. Brainiac, you're with me. Everyone else, get loaded up into our Berthing and familiarize yourself with the Stiletto. Welcome to your new home."

"Copy that Boss, on your six."
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 443
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:59 am

Perception ☞ 36% 1d100 = 67

JIC 1d20 = 7
1d100 = 24

Transferring to the Stiletto

Niall boards the new Albatross and takes his seat at the Engineering station, running his typical pre-flight checks, and is relieved when all systems report back as normal. She's very similar to the Bait and Switch... the trick is always finding out where she differs, and how.

Halko wrote:"Lets hope you hold up better than your sister. Though she did us proud and got us home despite her moral wounds. We're gonna need to find a name for you."


Niall nods at Halko's words. "Sister, eh? That sounds about right. So they should have a name that bears out that theme..."

Bait and switch is a common scam. Scam... Con... Long con? Conman? Grifter?... The Grifter? That's not bad.

"What about The Grifter?"
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 41/41
S.D.C.: 25/45
Power Touch Points: 850/850
Current Gear: A.D.F. Light Strike Anti-Gravity Suit, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit
A.D.F. Light Strike Anti-Gravity Suit
A.R.: 12
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 50 each
--Legs: 65 each
--Main Body: 100
--Slim-pack: 25

Current Conditions: Unarmored
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am


Return to HU2 Galactic: A Brave New World

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest