Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

In the distant reaches of the Milky Way Galaxy, a race teeters on the brink of extinction as it is pursued by the relentless Atorian Empire. [Adventure forum.]

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:33 am

Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: Day 55, 1230
Local Time: Night, appx. 2230
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Location: Chandrakant II, Temperate Region (night side)

Mission Directives: A.D.F. assets must maintain as much of a clandestine presence in-system as possible as the enormous Atorian ship is known to be active. While on the planet's surface, standard extraction protocols are in effect. If needed, the 1st SOG is to assist in the extraction of any units within operational distance. All units are scheduled to extract from the planet's surface and be on the Profit Motive by 1200 (Day 56) so as to prevent the imperial ship from detecting them. Failure to extract by this time will strand all units on the planet's surface for another 48 hours. The 1st SOG is to investigate the ruins and lend assistance to other assets in-system as they deem fit and according to their own priority assessment.

Ruins
Cairo snaps a bit. "Nova? Focus, man! There are folks out there under fire. Brainiac, you have a location you can share on those marines? Can you figure out the sourcing on the jamming?"

Ryden begins compressing and converting the data burst from the Stiletto to intelligible data for transmission across their short-range datalink. There's nothing he can do so far as any jamming is concerned, nor does he have equipment to detect if there is any at such a range unless whoever the hostiles might be have chosen to blanket-jam a whole stretch of the band, and that doesn't seem to be the case. He shakes his head in the negative.

Rosseyn snaps out of whatever had transfixed his attention, "Sorry, needed a second. You're all right." Nova marks the entrance of the ruins as a gateway for himself and switches himself over to his energy form. "Helbrecht, Ego, Crash. You three move in to the ruins and stay in contact. Everyone else, stand ready. Fang and I go in, I open a gateway to the conflict as soon as it gets hot. Brainiac, confirm coordinates for support?"

Ryden confirms the coordinates and transmits them across the group's datalink. Cairo and Rosseyn take off in a hurry once they have the coordinates from Ryden.

Corrigon looks to Ryden. "How do you want to proceed? If Helbrecht here is mostly invulnerable to harm, then is it best for her to go first? Otherwise, I'll go first, but keep a close eye out and we move very slowly. With an elaborate lock like this, I would imagine that there will be further security measures inside. May the Gods protect us." Corrigon squats down to get a better look inside, using his natural nightvision to see the terrain inside. "Any suggestions?" he asks Simone. She seems not to hear him. The whole space is flooded, maybe three to four feet of standing water if the floor is level, evenly spaced pillars support the mass of earth and stone above the vaulted ceilings which are out of sight from his perspective. There appear to be strange carvings on the walls, if not on the pillars.

With a pair of heavily armed marines not far away, and themselves with their backs to a huge stone edifice and mountain, Halko and Corrigon both feel relatively secure.

Halko stays put with Ryden as Nova and Fang rush off to the coordinates given, musing to himself as he keeps a look-out.

The door mechanism would seem to indicate a solid grasp of basic engineering principles, but from what Niall can see, either the door mechanisms are within the walls themselves (improbable), or else the doors seemed to operate on principles unknown to him. As he hasn't even a general idea as to the dating of the structure, the rest is unknown. Perhaps the unusual EM signatures Cairo detected correspond to the mechanisms somehow?

"Simone? How long do you suppose this has been here? I doubt anyone's opened it in a long time." Niall takes a step into the structure as he asks.

Simone doesn't answer him, but instead muses aloud to herself. "Hmmm...who built you? Not Arismal, but worshipers of our gods...curiouser and curiouser."
from her vantage at the entrance she can see a relief carved into the eastern wall which tells an interesting tale somewhat akin to the story of Setis' deceit at the hands of Iblis, and subsequent defeat by Atlas, but ending with...Setis' opening of a portal to the afterlife? Another world? It's hard to tell, so she tries to pass the threshold behind Niall.

Niall nervously adds, "Doubt there's anything alive in here, except bugs and fungus. Probably no one's set foot in here in...ages." He takes another hesitant step inside, using his glowing hand ostensibly to cast more light by which to see, but his native nightvision is sufficient; the glowing hand is nothing more than an effort at psychological reassurance. "If this is Arismal construction...Arismal technology...does that square with what we know? It seems far, far too old to have been put here by Arismal just since we gained interstellar travel, don't you think?"

Ruins Map Reveal
Image


Swamp
Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: Day 55, 1250
Local Time: Night, appx. 2250
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; heavy rain--seriously reduced visibility; 10' otherwise
Location: Chandrakant II, Temperate Region (night side)


Cairo flies to the area indicated by the coordinates some thirty miles distant with Nova close behind. A few miles away from the LZ, rain is coming down heavily enough to reduce visibility, and thus safe travel speed. Nova finds himself likewise constrained, and so the pair take to higher altitude to enable greater speed at a safe height. They decrease speed as they approach the coordinates and descend in altitude. Cairo finds himself flying just above treetop level at a cautious rate as Nova lands and returns to his normal physical state. Cairo spots a figure strewn across a stump jutting from the swamp water. Nearing the stump he finds the body has been flayed, and debris nearby the body. Amid the debris, Cairo recognizes the familiar phoenix rising insignia of the A.D.F. on a what remains of a breastplate. Nova puts up his body field. "Head on a swivel, Fang."

Swamp Map Reveal
Image
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 3736
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:50 pm

Perception [59%]: 1d100 = 25 [+15% in Space]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 16
JiC D100: 1d100 = 100

Conditions: Merged to Hellhound PA, on Force Disc.

Drifting quietly on his elevated perch in the driving sheets of rain an involuntary shiver of rage runs down CJ's spine as he takes in the fallen Marine and silent aftermath, "He wasn't alone, and the firefight is over. Maybe get a force-dome over Check him for a pulse. If he's alive, maybe drop that new Harness on him, the one with the healing nano-bots and maybe Crash can still save him." Not like I can check him, it'll take me almost a minute to get out of this suit, and with our luck, that's when his attackers would come out of the woodwork.

Cairo shifts his vision briefly into the Radio spectrum, *Where are you bastards?!?! You still jamming the area? ... * He scans the area for any visual signs of jamming (i.e. are there visually discernible radio waves being broadcast from a certain direction from here?), before shifting to Infrared for anything giving off heat (including a cursory glance after he across the fallen soldier to see if he radiates heat or has gone cold).

With consternation, CJ taps his radio, "Marines are mostly gone. Brainiac? Any contact with the LZ Marines. Any further transmissions? Do we know how many we're looking for over here?" (and if the fallen soldier is alive, CJ will include, "We have critically wounded. Crash will be needed ASAP. Be ready for the Gate.")
Last edited by Cairo on Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Corrigon » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:09 am

Perception Bonus 38% 1d100 = 16
JIC 1d20 = 20 1d100 = 72

Okay, so she is very focused here Corrigon muses as Simone pays attention solely to the ruins.

"If I may," Corrigon moves down to Niall, who is in the lead, "want me to take the lead?" Corrigon has his rifle up, scanning across the room just in case. There wasn't any obvious immediate danger, but it didn't hurt to be prudent.

Assuming Niall agrees, he steps carefully into the water and finds himself sinking deep into the water quite quickly.

"Okay, this is pretty deep and I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't swim. Corrigon calls up to the others, "Unless we have a way of extracting some of the water, movement is going to be difficult. If there are any security measures in place, actually being able to spot them or disable them is going to be even more difficult."

Thankfully, the natural abilities of the Arismel meant at least he didn't have to worry about seeing in the dark. He looks around to see of there is anything interesting or useful he can direct the others at to find their way through.

OOC Comments
Detect Ambush 52%+5% 1d100 = 36 Pass
Intelligence 52%+4% 1d100 = 29 pass
Lore: Alien 52%+5% 1d100 = 33 pass
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:27 am

Perception ☞ 36% 1d100 = 64 (FAIL)

JIC 1d20 = 8
1d100 = 4

Niall activates the AG function on his armor, to keep himself as out of the water as possible, and shines the light from his glowing hand into the structure to try to make out what's ahead.

Simone wrote:"Hmmm... Who built you? Not Arismals, but worshipers of our gods. Curiouser and Curiouser."


Not Arismal construction then. Yet it responds to Arismal abilities? And features Arismal religion? Curious indeed.

Ego wrote:"If I may, want me to take the lead?"


Niall shrugs. "If you want to... you or Simone, whoever. I doubt there's any danger here. This thing's been sealed for ages."

With Ego in the lead, Niall makes his way further into the structure, hovering as much as possible to keep himself as dry as is feasible.

Ego wrote:"Okay, this is pretty deep and I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't swim."


Niall smiles. "When we get back to the fleet you need to requisition yourself one of these anti-grav armors. If it gets too deep, hang back."

As they move, Niall evaluates the wall carvings (as much as he can) to glean any more hints about what to expect inside. He also tries to square what little he knows about alien cultures to guess which ones, if any, would have been capable of a feat of engineering like this, with knowledge of Arismal religion. Which of you alien snakes built this... is it a trap for Arismal? A heartbeat later, A trap for ME? If he sees any Arismal writing (or carvings that look like they could be Arismal writing, he will attempt to decipher them.

Intelligence ☞ 76% 1d100 = 79 (FAIL)
Lore: Alien ☞ 71% 1d100 = 43 (SUCCESS)
Literacy: Arismal ☞ 91% 1d100 = 31 (SUCCESS)

"This place seems to work on some kind of super-durable ancient tech... The puzzle lock on the door alone would be worth carrying back to the fleet for study, if we could manage it. There could be similar puzzle locks further in."
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 41/41
S.D.C.: 25/45
Power Touch Points: 850/850
Current Gear: A.D.F. Light Strike Anti-Gravity Suit, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit
A.D.F. Light Strike Anti-Gravity Suit
A.R.: 12
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 50 each
--Legs: 65 each
--Main Body: 100
--Slim-pack: 25
FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:08 am

Perception: 1d100 = 88/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 13

Conditions
SDC:
  • Personal: 79/79 SDC
Force Field SDC:
  • 2200/2400 SDC
ADF Standard Armor:
  • Helmet: 100/100 SDC
  • Left Arm: 100/100 SDC
  • Right Arm: 100/100 SDC
  • Main Body: 200/200 SDC
  • Left Leg: 150/150 SDC
  • Right Leg: 150/150 SDC
ADF Laser Sniper Rifle:
  • Ammo: 10/10 shots
Throwing Knives:
  • Ammo: 8/8 blades
Body Force Field:
  • 24/24 min.
  • 200/200 MDC.
  • -2 on Initiative and -1 APM while in place.
  • Gases, disease, and radiation are still a danger and will penetrate the force field.


When Cairo notifies him of the fallen ADF marine, Nova gets himself to the body, takes one more look around and then focuses on the dead man. Taking Cairo's suggestion to shield them while they investigate, he drops a large/spacious Force Field dome (300 SDC) over himself and the body. However, when Cairo suggests the healing routine, Nova turns to him and says "Damnit Fang, I'm a spy not a doctor! They took his damn skin. I don't think there's a chance he's coming back and I'm not wasting our resources on the dead. We need to find who did this and do it to them. I'm calling in the rest of the crew."

Nova opens up a gateway between the battle-site and the ruins, steps through and hits his radio. "Nova to the 1st. We've got a situation. Everyone through. We'll check the ruins together when we're done here." He'll usher folks through the gateway as they come out of the ruins.

Once everyone is through, he points to the body. "This is what was awaiting us upon our arrival. This man was ADF. We find who did this and we tear it apart. Understood?"
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Halko » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:40 pm

Percep: 64% =1d100 = 5
JIC: 1d20 = 2 1d100 = 48

Feeling like the odd man out, Halko hangs back at the entrance to the ruins. As he waits for the portal to open or the people entering the ruins to get into trouble, he continues to scan the area. We may be harvesting this place but that doesn't mean we're home and safe. Frak, is anything really safe these days?

With Nova and Fang now gone, Halko turns back to the ruins entrance and calls out, "You guys watch out. With that water it'll be hard to see if the floor drops out to a pit of something. Frak I wish Plake was here. He was a kid back home that had water powers...Frak, I don't even know if he survived. I may have to try and look him up when we get back."

Halko quirks a brow at his uncharacteristic chattiness then looks over to Ryden and shrugs. He thinks about commenting on Nova's call to split the team, then lets the idea go and says questioningly, "You wanna watch them in there and I'll keep an eye open out here for Nova's portal."

-----

When Nova's portal appears Halko grins to himself and nods. Good, I wasn't looking to going into that pit and getting stabbed by some ancient spear trap. I'd likely start having flashbacks to that fraking Blood Sport arena. He doesn't say anything when he hears Nova's orders over the radio, he simply starts motioning for those inside the ruins to come out. He stays at his position by the ruins entry until everyone is out and clear. Then he trots over to the edge of the portal and performs the same task but in reverse as he waits for everyone to file through the portal. Once everyone has gone through the portal, or he's told to, he steps through himself and unto the clearing with the eviscerated Arismal corpse.
Last edited by Halko on Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 549
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:00 pm

OOC: What is our distance from the Ships? CJ's prior roll was for "Navigation 125%: Original post: 1d100 = 1 - Route and Distance to the Marines."
Augur Edit: Didn't make it into the post? Damnit. 30 miles.

Cairo wrote:Perception [59%]: Original post: 1d100 = 25 [+15% in Space]
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 16
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 100


Conditions: Merged to Hellhound PA, on Force Disc.

Intelligence 53%: 1d100 = 13
Wilderness Survival 70%: 1d100 = 92

Cairo watches as rain begins to bounce off of and around Nova's force-dome, then does a small circuit of the area looking for tracks or other signs of passage (trying to gauge the direction that the fallen Marine was coming from, and the direction he was headed).

He's a Spy not a frakking Doctor he says. That's right, so out here on an honest-to-gods battlefield, maybe you offer up the minor effort of checking a fallen comrade for a pulse so that later on, you are able to say you tried ... blood and freaking ashes. Maybe put him through to the Grifter. He might be dead, but that doesn't mean he should be left on a foreign world to be eaten by local scavengers ... Any tracks? Broken branches? Anything here out of place??? We're 30 miles out from the LZ. Standard Armor only broadcasts 12 miles out, so what the frak were they doing out here and what did they run across???

If/as the others arrive through Nova's gateway, "Did you guys figure out how to seal that little Bunker from the inside? Is it also reliant on an Arismal power? If we could seal it, that's the kinda nice pre-made tomb where you drop Zed and just let him fragging starve."

The PA Pilot absently engages the Passive Nightvision on the Hellhound (2000ft Range) as he stalks the perimeter, to the degree one can stalk whilst floating ...
Last edited by Cairo on Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:47 pm

Perception: 83%/1d100 = 34
JIC: 1d20 = 13, 1d100 = 88
Detect Ambush 63%/1d100 = 41 - Anyone in the obvious ambush positions? PASS!
Intelligence 69%/1d100 = 45 - Was there anything in communication or intelligence about this location or squad? PASS!
Lore: Alien 73%/1d100 = 11 - Are there any species that can manipulate radio waves? Sentient or otherwise. PASS!
Navigation (Land, Air, Water) 93%/1d100 = 73 - Where are we again? PASS!
Read Sensory Equipment 73%/1d100 = 91 - Any contacts? FAIL!
Weapon Systems 83%/1d100 = 46 - To fire link rail guns PASS!

Corrigon wrote:Corrigon looks to Ryden. "How do you want to proceed? If Helbrecht here is mostly invulnerable to harm, then is it best for her to go first? Otherwise, I'll go first, but keep a close eye out and we move very slowly. With an elaborate lock like this, I would imagine that there will be further security measures inside. May the Gods protect us."

"Follow Niall's lead - he's officer in charge inside until Nova gets back, but since he's also got a head on his shoulders, that means he's going to be following Helbrect's lead. So react accordingly. Keep them safe and engage that big brain of yours. They are going to need it."

Cairo wrote:With consternation, CJ taps his radio, "Marines are mostly gone. Brainiac? Any contact with the LZ Marines. Any further transmissions? Do we know how many we're looking for over here?"

Rosseyn wrote:"Nova to the 1st. We've got a situation. Everyone through. We'll check the ruins together when we're done here." He'll usher folks through the gateway as they come out of the ruins.

"Negative contact here at LZ. Intel says they are a six man team. Databurst incoming. No further contact. That assumes they are with First M.E.U. If not I have no clue. I didn't think that had that many units out here on the hunt. "
Ryden is monitoring the situation and is the first to receive Fang's and Nova's messages. "Dig team, pack it up and move out here double time. If you can seal the door again, do so. Otherwise let's move."
Once the Portal appears and everyone is present, Ryden ushers them all through and steps through last. He calls over to the LZ marines, jogging to them. "We have trouble out there. If anyone tries to go in there, let us know and shoot them. That place is off limits, by order of the 1st SOG's CO, Lieutenant Commander Ridatharen. Don't leave your posts, just cover the entrance from here and challenge anyone approaching."

Rosseyn wrote:Once everyone is through, he points to the body. "This is what was awaiting us upon our arrival. This man was ADF. We find who did this and we tear it apart. Understood?"


"Damn. Wait, he doesn't have the gear to have reached us - not even with my gear. Their signal might have been boosted. Could be a natural phenomena, but until we know, we should assume we are surrounded by a technological foe with superior position." He looks to Nova, "By the way, the dig site has been deemed off limits by you Nova. At least that's what I told the Marines guarding the LZ. Just told them to cover it from where they were and challenge anyone approaching, and let us know. If you're pissed, you can deal with it back on the ship. I'm sure they have plenty of crap duty I can do." He was pretty sure Nova would agree, but he might get pissy about Ryden using his name to give orders his own rank might not have carried. It was worth it though, even if he spent the next month on crap duty.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Simone Helbrect » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:04 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 67/40%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 48
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor

Simone continues forward keeping an eye out for things of interest while moving farther in. Wonder if the water is seeping in or was always here? Simone thinks to herself as she wades through the shoulder deep water. "Yeah this place is a conundrum wrapped in an enigma, sitting next to a puzzle." Simone says to no one in particular as she plods forward. "In the history books this place shouldn't exist. So at the moment I am working with some very abstract theories." Simone continues aloud to no one in particular.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:15 am

(Rolls carried over)

Nova wrote:"Nova to the 1st. We've got a situation. Everyone through. We'll check the ruins together when we're done here."


Ryden wrote:"Dig team, pack it up and move out here double time. If you can seal the door again, do so. Otherwise let's move."


Niall takes a last look around, feeling drawn to stay though he knows his duty lies elsewhere. He sighs and nods. "You heard it team. Through the portal."

Don't have time to figure out how to close the front door.

Niall hovers up and out of the ruin, making his way to, and through, Nova's portal.

Once on the other side, Niall will take a position near Nova. When he sees the fallen soldier, he looks aghast. "What... did that? An animal?"

Nova wrote:"This is what was awaiting us upon our arrival. This man was ADF. We find who did this and we tear it apart. Understood?"


Niall nods grimly. "Roger that." Before moving on, Niall takes a tissue sample of the fallen soldier.

Paramedic ☞ 56% 1d100 = 21 (to take a viable tissue sample, preferably with stem cells - from bone marrow, teeth, etc - SUCCESS)

We can't clone people yet, but perhaps they can fertilize eggs with this man's DNA, so at least his family line can live on.

He'll safely stow the tissue sample in his gear and await further orders.

"I don't know who you are, but may the Morgaine carry you to the Shade of Cojo."
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 41/41
S.D.C.: 25/45
Power Touch Points: 850/850
Current Gear: A.D.F. Light Strike Anti-Gravity Suit, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit
A.D.F. Light Strike Anti-Gravity Suit
A.R.: 12
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 50 each
--Legs: 65 each
--Main Body: 100
--Slim-pack: 25
FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Corrigon » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:56 am

rolls carried

Ryden wrote:"Follow Niall's lead - he's officer in charge inside until Nova gets back, but since he's also got a head on his shoulders, that means he's going to be following Helbrect's lead. So react accordingly. Keep them safe and engage that big brain of yours. They are going to need it."


Corrigon nods before heading inside.

Niall wrote:Niall shrugs. "If you want to... you or Simone, whoever. I doubt there's any danger here. This thing's been sealed for ages."


"Maybe its just me, but I don't like to presume things like that. Corrigon remarks, "more likely to end up dead from a booby trap. Admittedly most of my experience of places like this came from trideo and books."

Niall wrote:Niall smiles. "When we get back to the fleet you need to requisition yourself one of these anti-grav armors. If it gets too deep, hang back."


Halko wrote:"You guys watch out. With that water it'll be hard to see if the floor drops out to a pit of something. Frak I wish Plake was here. He was a kid back home that had water powers...Frak, I don't even know if he survived. I may have to try and look him up when we get back."


"Don't I know it," Corrigon moves a few feet further, carefully stepping each time, feeling his way with his foot. If he fell, at least the armour was EBA and they would hopefully have time to rescue him before he drowned. Cheery thought as that was.


Rosseyn wrote:Nova to the 1st. We've got a situation. Everyone through. We'll check the ruins together when we're done here." He'll usher folks through the gateway as they come out of the ruins.


Ryden wrote: "Dig team, pack it up and move out here double time. If you can seal the door again, do so. Otherwise let's move."

Niall wrote:Niall takes a last look around, feeling drawn to stay though he knows his duty lies elsewhere. He sighs and nods. "You heard it team. Through the portal."


"Just when I have gotten my feet wet," Corrigon rushes out of the water as quickly as he could on the route he took in to avoid any potential of traps on the way back out. He steps through the gate, ready for action. Anything willing to attack a squad of Marines was not something to take likely.

Rosseyn wrote:Once everyone is through, he points to the body. "This is what was awaiting us upon our arrival. This man was ADF. We find who did this and we tear it apart. Understood?"


"Understood," Corrigon nods, before moving closer to the body, checking the area. Corrigon offers a little prayer over the body, commending his soul to the afterlife

"Did anybody take his dog tags yet?" he asks, resting his rifle on his shoulder for a moment. If not, Corrigon kneels down and reaches inside what was left the armour to do so, before looking around the area near the body. If any of the debris contains the fallen marine's harness, Corrigon will grab any spare ammo and look around for his rifle.
"Whatever did this wasn't a predator, least not one hunting for feud. Not an expert on animals, but generally they only kill to eat." if the eyes are still open, Corrigon reaches down to close them, Flaying the body like this, was a deliberate act, either ritualistic maybe or designed as provocation. Make us do something rash. Any sign of any tracks or blood splatter?"

if the rifle is missing or it looks like items have been scavenged off the body already
"Interesting. Definitely looks like something intelligent did this unless we have both a predator who eats skin and is also attracted to shiny things to steal."

OOC Comments
Intelligence 52%+4% 1d100 = 41
Detect Ambush 52%+5% 1d100 = 100
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Halko » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:33 am

[rolls held]

Trap/Mine Detection 65%=1d100 = 72
Camouflage 65%=1d100 = 40


Now on the other side of the portal, Halko looks at the body when Nova points it out and with a grim expression on he face, he turns away. There's people with better skills sets to examine that mess. I better keep an eye out for what did it.

While the others focus on the body, Halko starts moving counter clockwise around the area as he stays on the lookout for whatever might have done this. He clicks his comms and asks, "Is there any indication if this was some local animal or if it was enemy forces?"
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 549
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:04 am

Cairo wrote:Perception [59%]: Original post: 1d100 = 25 [+15% in Space]
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 16
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 100


Conditions: Merged to Hellhound PA, on Force Disc.

Ryden wrote:"Negative contact here at LZ. Intel says they are a six man team. Databurst incoming. No further contact. That assumes they are with First M.E.U. If not I have no clue. I didn't think that had that many units out here on the hunt. "


Re-checking his radar Cairo frowns within his armored casing, "First MEU? Those are Bodean's boys right? He wasn't along with them was he? ... Do we know what they were out looking for?"
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:54 pm

Ruins
Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: Day 55, 1230.25
Local Time: Night, appx. 2230.25
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Location: Chandrakant II, Temperate Region (night side)

Mission Directives: A.D.F. assets must maintain as much of a clandestine presence in-system as possible as the enormous Atorian ship is known to be active. While on the planet's surface, standard extraction protocols are in effect. If needed, the 1st SOG is to assist in the extraction of any units within operational distance. All units are scheduled to extract from the planet's surface and be on the Profit Motive by 1200 (Day 56) so as to prevent the imperial ship from detecting them. Failure to extract by this time will strand all units on the planet's surface for another 48 hours. The 1st SOG is to investigate the ruins and lend assistance to other assets in-system as they deem fit and according to their own priority assessment.

Halko turns back to the ruins entrance and calls out, "You guys watch out. With that water it'll be hard to see if the floor drops out to a pit of something." More to himself than anyone in particular, he adds, "Frak I wish Plake was here. He was a kid back home that had water powers. Frak, I don't even know if he survived. I may have to try and look him up when we get back."

Halko quirks a brow at his uncharacteristic chattiness then looks over to Ryden and shrugs. "You wanna watch them in there and I'll keep an eye open out here for Nova's portal."

Ryden responds to Corrigon's earlier question. "Follow Niall's lead. He's officer in charge inside until Nova gets back, but since he's also got a head on his shoulders, that means he's going to be following Helbrect's lead. So react accordingly. Keep them safe and engage that big brain of yours. They are going to need it." (Note: none of the communication between the two groups has yet happened. At this time, Cairo & Rosseyn are still flying towards the Marine's location.)

Niall activates the anti-gravity function on his suit and shines the light from his glowing hand into the structure to try to make out what's ahead. The mild glow from his hand doesn't illuminate the chamber beyond to any discernible degree, besides, his natural night vision is such that he can already see most of the way into the chamber as it stands.

Corrigon takes his cue from Ryden's advice. "If I may, want me to take the lead?" he asks Niall as he moves down the stairs with his gun raised.

Niall responds, "If you want to...you or Simone, whoever. I doubt there's any danger here. This thing's been sealed for ages."

Corrigon replies, "Maybe its just me, but I don't like to presume things like that. More likely to end up dead from a booby trap. Admittedly most of my experience of places like this came from trideo and books." He steps carefully into the water and finds himself sinking deep into the water quite quickly when his forward momentum comes to a sudden stop--as if he walked into a wall. "Okay, this is pretty deep and I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't swim. Unless we have a way of extracting some of the water, movement is going to be difficult. If there are any security measures in place, actually being able to spot them or disable them is going to be even more difficult." (If you want skills to be relevant, the GM needs to know how they're being used/to what desired end.)

Simone attempts to continue forward, but her progress is stopped cold--as though she's trying to walk through a wall. "Yeah this place is a conundrum wrapped in an enigma, sitting next to a puzzle. In the history books this place shouldn't exist. So at the moment I am working with some very abstract theories." Simone continues aloud to no one in particular.

Niall makes his way further into the structure, his feet a few inches above the waterline, as Corrigon seems to hang back. Hearing the caution in Corrigon's voice, Niall smiles. "When we get back to the fleet you need to requisition yourself one of these anti-grav armors. If it gets too deep, hang back." Evaluating the markings on the walls, Niall can't seem to make sense of much of it. Some of it is clearly the same form of proto-Arismal language that Simone's monologue seemed to allude to moments ago. "This place seems to work on some kind of super-durable ancient tech. The puzzle lock on the door alone would be worth carrying back to the fleet for study, if we could manage it. There could be similar puzzle locks further in." He looks back to find both of his teammates still standing on the other side of the threshold. There's a set of double doors along the eastern wall of the chamber and much further along into the chamber the chamber seems to open up towards the east as well, though it's hard to tell for certain without first going farther in.

Ruins Map Reveal
Image


Swamp
Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: Day 55, 1250.25
Local Time: Night, appx. 2250.25
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; heavy rain--seriously reduced visibility; 10' otherwise
Location: Chandrakant II, Temperate Region (night side) [30 miles/20 mins from ruins site]

Mission Directives: A.D.F. assets must maintain as much of a clandestine presence in-system as possible as the enormous Atorian ship is known to be active. While on the planet's surface, standard extraction protocols are in effect. If needed, the 1st SOG is to assist in the extraction of any units within operational distance. All units are scheduled to extract from the planet's surface and be on the Profit Motive by 1200 (Day 56) so as to prevent the imperial ship from detecting them. Failure to extract by this time will strand all units on the planet's surface for another 48 hours. The 1st SOG is to investigate the ruins and lend assistance to other assets in-system as they deem fit and according to their own priority assessment.

(I'll be ignoring any communication between groups as this group is twenty minutes ahead of the events going on at the ruins.)

Cairo shouts down from above, "He wasn't alone, and the firefight is over. Maybe get a force-dome over Check him for a pulse. If he's alive, maybe drop that new Harness on him, the one with the healing nano-bots and maybe Crash can still save him."

Nova gets himself to the body, takes one more look around and then focuses on the dead man. Taking Cairo's suggestion to shield them while they investigate, he drops a large/spacious force field dome over himself and the body. However, when Cairo suggests the healing routine, Nova looks up to him and says "Damnit Fang, I'm a spy not a doctor! They took his damn skin. I don't think there's a chance he's coming back and I'm not wasting our resources on the dead. We need to find who did this and do it to them."

The heavy rainfall and ambient chirps, clicks, splashes, and croaks from the surrounding forested swamp makes discerning one sound from another quite difficult, but Cairo's silent hovering above it all helps him overhear a series of echoing and unnerving sounds from all around the two of them. The rain has the effect of making everything some degree of dark blue (cool) through green (less cool), with a lot of flecks of yellow (moderately warm) moving about the swamp, ranging from the size of very small animals to some man-sized shapes...all in fair abundance and moving about. There is no indication of any radio jamming in the area.

Alarming sounds.wav [ 122.38 KiB | Viewed 217 times ]



Swamp Map Reveal
Image
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 3736
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:45 pm

Perception [67%]: 1d100 = 40 [+15% in Space]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 7
JiC D100: 1d100 = 75

Conditions: Merged to Hellhound PA, on Force Disc, Spectrum Vision (cycling back and forth to Infrared every 10 Sec. to confirm his target has not changed course).

Cairo's eyes fall on the Man-sized shapes, and he mentally activates the radio no longer bothering with the buttons, "Nova, there are a number of man-sized shapes in the area ... the closest is at your [[clock based orientation/location]], the 2nd at your [[clock based orientation/location]]. Cannot tell if they are friendly. If you light yourself up, you may get company, but I don't have that issue. So I'm going hunting." Anger burns hot in his stomach, but CJ cycles his weapons from Alpha (4-weapons) to his secondary configuration Fire-linked Lasers, Silent, and I have as many shots as necessary. Not hearing any STARs, so now will be a good chance to see if I can start picking them off one by one. He bounces back and forth from the Infrared spectrum (as referenced above)

The PA Pilot looks over the heat signatures, first to the one being given off by Nova in his ADF Armor, then back at those wandering in the darkness. He chooses whichever heat signature is farthest from Nova's then glides out into the night on his Disc like grim death intent on finding someone. Jaw clenched as he pushes into the night, he does not even realize that he has stopped breathing entirely. If his target (the guy he is flying over to from about 40ft in the air) is anything other than an Arismal Marine, CJ will begin to light it up in a series of devastating laser-strikes without warning or remorse. The lasers flicker like strobes of lightning, un-punctuated by thunder but just as deadly and faster than an eyeblink.

In the event that his first (Non-Arismal) target appears dead or incapacitated, CJ will cycle his vision to double-check his thermal-surroundings then head towards the next man-sized one with a similar thermal signature.

Prowl 80%: EP Crit Success

APM: 11 [-1 for Disc]
Initiative [+14]: 1d20+14 = 21

1: Dual Tri-Beam Lasers at Target: 1d20+22 = 41 Strike, 2d10*10 = 140 (Crit) = 280 Damage
2: Dual Tri-Beam Lasers at Target: 1d20+22 = 25 Strike, 2d10*10 = 120 Damage
3: Dual Tri-Beam Lasers at Target: 1d20+22 = 33 Strike, 2d10*10 = 100 Damage
4: Dual Tri-Beam Lasers at Target: 1d20+22 = 24 Strike, 2d10*10 = 190 Damage
5: Dual Tri-Beam Lasers at Target: 1d20+22 = 41 Strike, 2d10*10 = 70(Crit) = 140 Damage
6: Dual Tri-Beam Lasers at Target: 1d20+22 = 38 Strike, 2d10*10 = 70 Damage
7: Dual Tri-Beam Lasers at Target: 1d20+22 = 25 Strike, 2d10*10 = 150 Damage
8: Dual Tri-Beam Lasers at Target: 1d20+22 = 27 Strike, 2d10*10 = 180 Damage
9: Dual Tri-Beam Lasers at Target: 1d20+22 = 40 Strike, 2d10*10 = 150 (Crit) = 300 Damage
10: Dual Tri-Beam Lasers at Target: 1d20+22 = 33 Strike, 2d10*10 = 110 Damage

Autododge any perceived Ranged Attacks [+9]: 1d20+9 = 11, 1d20+9 = 25, 1d20+9 = 14, 1d20+9 = 12, 1d20+9 = 25, 1d20+9 = 18, 1d20+9 = 27, 1d20+9 = 13

Parry anything that jumps or flies at him physically with the Hellhound's forearm blades [+16]: 1d20+16 = 33, 1d20+16 = 18, 1d20+16 = 20, 1d20+16 = 17, 1d20+16 = 30, 1d20+16 = 19, 1d20+16 = 32, 1d20+16 = 34


Dice Error: (2d10)*10 = 0
Last edited by Cairo on Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:48 am

Perception ☞ 36% 1d100 = 42

JIC 1d20 = 9
1d100 = 69

Niall spies the door along the eastern wall. "Team, at the second set of pillars, doorway to the east. Checking it out."

Niall floats over to that doorway to examine it. He looks first with an engineer's eyes, looking to see how the door opens, and how that function might be triggered. He then looks at the door itself, looking for a similar puzzle lock feature, perhaps, or a more conventional interface.

Analyze and Operate Devices ☞ 100% 1d100 = 9 (How does it open? - SUCCESS)
Mechanical Engineer ☞ 81% 1d100 = 13 (is there a conventional lock? - SUCCESS)

If he sees inscriptions, he calls back for Simone. "Helbrecht, gonna need you up here. Proceed with caution - I haven't tested the floor. Maybe hug the wall. And check the inscriptions as you come through - I couldn't make them out."

I wonder if we should be recording... or digitally mapping... this entire structure. If it collapses the whole thing'll be lost.

"And if either of you have the capability to record and transmit video, please get what you can of this structure. And... transmit the video to Ryden."

So if we die in a collapse it's not lost.

Niall turns his attention back to the door at hand. He feels oddly serene as he examines it.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 41/41
S.D.C.: 25/45
Power Touch Points: 850/850
Current Gear: A.D.F. Light Strike Anti-Gravity Suit, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit
A.D.F. Light Strike Anti-Gravity Suit
A.R.: 12
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 50 each
--Legs: 65 each
--Main Body: 100
--Slim-pack: 25
FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Corrigon » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:39 am

Perception 41% 1d100 = 69
JIC 1d100 = 31 1d20 = 11

Niall wrote:Niall spies the door along the eastern wall. "Team, at the second set of pillars, doorway to the east. Checking it out."


"Give me a moment, don't want to risk unnecessarily setting off any traps," He walks over to the treeline, keeping an eye out for potential trouble around them and hunts for a large branch that he can use to poke the ground with just in case.

OOC Comments
Detect Ambush 57% 1d100 = 6 in case of attack


Presuming he finds one, Corrigon slowly makes his way through the water in the ruins, gingerly tapping the area in front of him with the branch through the water at a distance, just in case he sets anything off.

Niall wrote:"And if either of you have the capability to record and transmit video, please get what you can of this structure. And... transmit the video to Ryden."


"This armour has a Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, but nothing in the way of sensors apart from a basic HUD. Let me ask Ryden if he has a handheld scanner or recording device?" Corrigon replies, as he shrugs his shoulders at the request

"Ryden, this is Corrigon,, Corrigon activates his radio, "do you have a recording device of any kind?
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:15 am

Perception 83%/1d100 = 27
JIC: 1d20 = 14, 1d100 = 15

Ryden moves up to the door, but not into the structure. Using the loudspeaker so as to avoid the radio, he amplifies his voice *just* enough. "I'm actually streaming all video from your HUDs and feeding it into a program that is constructing a three dimensional map from your visual and audio inputs, plus my own scans. Not to mention I am recording everything you do and say for intelligence to poor over when we get back. If the resolution is good, simply looking at something will record it for posterity. I'd enter, but there's no telling what the weight of even my Duskhound would do to this place. We'll have to pump the water out before we do more than a preliminary analysis."
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:23 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 99/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 15

Conditions
SDC:
  • Personal: 79/79 SDC
Force Field SDC:
  • 1900/2400 SDC
Force Field Dome SDC:
  • 300/300 SDC
ADF Standard Armor:
  • Helmet: 100/100 SDC
  • Left Arm: 100/100 SDC
  • Right Arm: 100/100 SDC
  • Main Body: 200/200 SDC
  • Left Leg: 150/150 SDC
  • Right Leg: 150/150 SDC
ADF Laser Sniper Rifle:
  • Ammo: 10/10 shots
Throwing Knives:
  • Ammo: 8/8 blades
Body Force Field:
  • 24/24 min.
  • 200/200 MDC.
  • -2 on Initiative and -1 APM while in place.
  • Gases, disease, and radiation are still a danger and will penetrate the force field.


Cairo wrote:"Nova, there are a number of man-sized shapes in the area ... the closest is at your [[clock based orientation/location]], the 2nd at your [[clock based orientation/location]]. Cannot tell if they are friendly. If you light yourself up, you may get company, but I don't have that issue. So I'm going hunting."


"Roger. Call out if you need me, Fang. I'll do the same."

Rosseyn looks closely at the downed soldier in the bubble with him. Is there something I'm missing? Some clue as to what did this? Dammit, I'm beyond useless in this situation. Niall could try to bring him back or Ryden could even determine what happened here, but my skill set is not applicable. Rosseyn tries anyway to find something, some piece of information that would be useful in determining what to do next. He checks the patterns of the soil around the body for prints not left by himself or Cairo. He goes through the debris near the body for any sort of identifier. He checks the body for dog tags. If he can't find any of those things, he'll look around in the area of the force bubble to look for clues. He drops his body field and takes off the gauntlet for his armor. Using his sensitive fingers, he tries to figure out what temperature the body is. Temperature reading will help Brainiac determine when the body became deceased.

Heightened Sense of Touch
Notice minute changes in temperature by touch or slowly moving one's hand over an item. 1d100 = 31/72%
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Simone Helbrect » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:12 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 94/40%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 8; 1d100 = 98
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor

Simone harumphs. "Well Crash, you're the only one who can get in it seems. So unless you want to wander around there by yourself for a while, could you look to see if there is some way to deactivate the security?" Simone says loudly and clearly for Niall to hear. Simone slogs back out from the water soaked stairs. Once out of the water, Simone shakes her boots before looking at Ryden. "Where'd everyone go?" Simone asks, a slight blush on her face due to her lack of paying attention. "Some manner of force field, or denial field on the entrance. Niall seems to be the only one who can freely move around in there, at least as far as I can tell with the information I have." Simone says as she slicks water off of her suit with her gloved hands.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Halko » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:15 am

Percep: 64%=1d100 = 40
JIC: 1d20 = 19 1d100 = 48

Trap/Mine Detection 65%=1d100 = 54
Camouflage 65%=1d100 = 28

Doing his best impersonation of a security drone, Halko stands with his back facing the ruins entrance and continues to scan the surrounding area as they wait for Nova's radio message and portal to open.

He hears Helbrect's comment about Niall being the only one able to enter. Frak, if that's true, Niall should get the hell out of there. Officers! He shakes his head a bit as he keeps his eyes on the jungle in an attempt to keep the larger group from getting ambushed.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 549
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:19 pm

Ruins
Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: Day 55, 1230.25
Local Time: Night, appx. 2230.25
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Location: Chandrakant II, Temperate Region (night side)

Mission Directives: A.D.F. assets must maintain as much of a clandestine presence in-system as possible as the enormous Atorian ship is known to be active. While on the planet's surface, standard extraction protocols are in effect. If needed, the 1st SOG is to assist in the extraction of any units within operational distance. All units are scheduled to extract from the planet's surface and be on the Profit Motive by 1200 (Day 56) so as to prevent the imperial ship from detecting them. Failure to extract by this time will strand all units on the planet's surface for another 48 hours. The 1st SOG is to investigate the ruins and lend assistance to other assets in-system as they deem fit and according to their own priority assessment.

Halko stands with his back to the ruins entrance and continues keeping an eye on the surrounding area as the rest of the team investigates the ruins.

Niall calls out, "Team, at the second set of pillars, doorway to the east. Checking it out." As he reaches the door, he notices that the door is a bit higher than the water and that there is a submerged staircase leading up to the door. The door bears only some simple glyphs, and has no apparent mechanism other than a pair of solid, vertical handles on either side of the seam which indicates this to be a pair of retracting double doors. "And if either of you have the capability to record and transmit video, please get what you can of this structure. And...transmit the video to Ryden." Recognizing the nature of the mechanism, he slides open the doors with surprising ease. They practically float open such is the minimization of friction that's been engineered into the design. A large, wooden corner table with simple wooden chairs complementing it greet his vision. There are a bunch of what look like differently colored candles and some rolls of what looks like paper resting amid the thick dust atop the table.

Simone says loudly, "Well Crash, you're the only one who can get in it seems. So unless you want to wander around there by yourself for a while, could you look to see if there is some way to deactivate the security?" Simone steps out of the water and starts getting dry as she speaks to Ryden. "Where'd everyone go? Some manner of force field, or denial field on the entrance. Niall seems to be the only one who can freely move around in there, at least as far as I can tell with the information I have."

Corrigon says, "Give me a moment, don't want to risk unnecessarily setting off any traps," as he hunts up a largish tree branch before returning to the water in front of the door. Using it as a crude sensor to prevent any kind of mishap with unseen threats below the scummy water, he pokes the branch through the threshold into the water beyond. There's clearly a hard surface some feet below the waterline that's probably about waist deep. Moving forward a bit, the branch goes through the threshold, but his body encounters some sort of resisting force akin to a wall. It's a peculiarity akin to the effect when one puts a stick in water and sees the stick bend, knowing that the stick isn't actually bending, but it's just an optical illusion. This, however, was almost like a physical manifestation of that trick of the eyes: the stick goes past the threshold with no resistance, but his body cannot. He calls out, "This armor has an encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, but nothing in the way of sensors apart from a basic HUD. Let me ask Ryden if he has a handheld scanner or recording device." He hollers back over his shoulder, "Ryden, do you have a recording device of any kind?"

Ryden wades into the water pooled in front of the door, and calls back to Niall through his suit's amplifier. "I'm actually streaming all video from your HUDs and feeding it into a program that is constructing a three dimensional map from your visual and audio inputs, plus my own scans. Not to mention I am recording everything you do and say for intelligence to poor over when we get back. If the resolution is good, simply looking at something will record it for posterity. I'd enter, but there's no telling what the weight of even my Duskhound would do to this place. We'll have to pump the water out before we do more than a preliminary analysis."

Ruins Map Reveal
Image



Swamp
Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: Day 55, 1250.25
Local Time: Night, appx. 2250.25
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; heavy rain--seriously reduced visibility; 10' otherwise
Location: Chandrakant II, Temperate Region (night side) [30 miles/20 mins from ruins site]

Mission Directives: A.D.F. assets must maintain as much of a clandestine presence in-system as possible as the enormous Atorian ship is known to be active. While on the planet's surface, standard extraction protocols are in effect. If needed, the 1st SOG is to assist in the extraction of any units within operational distance. All units are scheduled to extract from the planet's surface and be on the Profit Motive by 1200 (Day 56) so as to prevent the imperial ship from detecting them. Failure to extract by this time will strand all units on the planet's surface for another 48 hours. The 1st SOG is to investigate the ruins and lend assistance to other assets in-system as they deem fit and according to their own priority assessment.
(I'll be ignoring any communication between groups as this group is twenty minutes ahead of the events going on at the ruins.)

Cairo radios Rosseyn, "Nova, there are a number of man-sized shapes in the area, the closest is at your 12 o'clock, the 2nd at your 10 o'clock. Cannot tell if they are friendly. If you light yourself up, you may get company, but I don't have that issue, so I'm going hunting." Cairo notes that the group of most distant heat signatures are to the west of Nova's position, and flies down and towards them ready to kill. In the heavy rain, at speed, Cairo's able to make out just enough of the vaguely (maybe) humanoid shape amid the dense foliage to determine it's unlikely to be an A.D.F. marine.
Unknown Contact
Image


Rosseyn yells up to Cairo, "Roger. Call out if you need me, Fang. I'll do the same." He then looks closely at the downed soldier in the force field bubble with him. It's a dead, flayed, Arismal male. He checks the swamp around the body for prints, but given that the mud in which he's standing is under over a foot of water, it's no good. The debris near the body is a mangled mess of detached skin, shredded and blasted bits of armor, and the lone insignia he'd already seen. Even the fellow's dog tags are missing. He drops his body field and takes off an armored gauntlet. Touching the blood-covered body, it feels slightly warmer than the ambient air temperature (which is fairly warm even at this late hour), so Rosseyn guesstimates the body's been here less than an hour.

Cairo swoops in silently towards the cluster of three targets, switches to his secondary weapons configuration then, with the three contacts in his field of vision, targets the center one and fires his War Dog's dual tri-beam lasers at it. It's a spectacular hit despite all the challenging conditions, but very unsatisfying to Cairo's warrior aesthetic. A rain of seared foliage from the lasers, a healthy volume of steam from the vaporized swamp water & dank vegetation, and a strange, light blue, fizzling aura of light surrounding the target are the only visual results of his excellent shot.

Something inscrutable happens amid the steam and foliage, but for a split second there's nothing but the hiss of steam amid the pounding rain. Fear suddenly washes over Cairo within the confines of his War Dog. His bowels suddenly feel loose, his skin immediately breaks out in flop-sweat, he can feel the hairs on the back of his neck prickle with goose flesh, and his breathing suddenly becomes rapid and shallow. Whatever the hell he just did, whatever thing he just awakened...he's suddenly terrified.

An array of lightning and red energy bolts flash all around the swamp. Cairo's able to juke one of the two blasts from in front of him, but a number of others catch him from where he can't see, can't react. There's a flash on his HUD about some internal system, but it's a pinpoint of information in a frakking lighshow. Cairo's momentarily stunned from the fear, for a brief moment he just seizes up as the swampy jungle around him erupts in energy blasts and what appears to be lightning. Nova's caught utterly flat-footed. At least half of those lightning bolts crack with tremendous force into his force field as well as some weird red energy bolts. He immediately slips his gauntlet back on and brings back up his personal body field. Cairo jukes two more blasts coming from the bunch of contacts in front of him, but his War Dog is rocked in the air by nearly a half dozen others. Cairo snaps out of it as he sees his HUD light up with red across the War Dog's digital outline. He fires his War Dog's dual tri-beam lasers at his initial target, scoring a good hit, then turns on his force disc to peel away, to get out of the center of this vicious crossfire. His target shoots back at him with some crazy lightning as it emerges in a rush from the foliage, but he's able to see & anticipate the shot, and jukes it without even thinking. His visibility is still shit, but Cairo's gods-frakking certain these are humanoids now that he's seen his target in the open. A pair of blasts from his left now hit his battered War Dog under its armpit, and the machine just seizes up on the disc, and his HUD goes suddenly dark. Another volley of plasma smashes into Rosseyn's force bubble and lays it low. Rosseyn thinks fast and pops back up another bubble. Now in a cold sweat of realization as well as fear, Cairo is suddenly thankful for his force disc and swings it back around towards Nova in time to see Nova raise his force field once more. No longer able to control the War Dog, it topples backward from the motion of the force disc nearly off of the force disc and into the swamp. CJ has presence of mind and reaction time just enough to extend the shape of his force disc to catch the machine as it falls. Unable to do more than steer his disc away from the overwhelming firepower, his force disc takes a beating as Cairo blindly jukes the disc about taking evasive maneuvers. Cairo powers through and with brute force gets the now defunct War Dog back under his personal control and gets it on one knee like a winded surfer. Though all its system are shot, and his torso protection a distant memory, it could still provide him some protection. Rosseyn's force bubble goes down yet again as the next barrage of red energy blasts brings it low. He sees Cairo's condition and direction and surmises the desperate plan he has in mind. Rosseyn leaves his force field down and hopes Fang can make it to him before they're both killed. He changes into pure energy, knowing neither of them had time for him to open a portal. Cairo and Rosseyn both take a couple more painful blasts as they soar into the air together and flee at top speed--for the moment, simply away from that frakfest, and eventually, back towards their starting point. Their one solace beyond escaping with their lives is knowing that they have captured video of the ambushers; Ryden could use it to figure out who or what they were, and how to kill them.

Last Moment View of Scene
Image


GM Note: Without contingencies (you're not psychic), I tried my best to intuit what the player characters would do under these circumstances given their abilities and posted intentions. You're both bleeding, but appear to have superior aerial mobility, so you can assume to have made a clean escape. You're also both bleeding from plasma burns, so considering the distance & time for the return trip, you might want to consider bandaging up somewhere en route.

Butcher's Bill
Cairo
    Cairo's War Dog
      -20 to Right Arm
      -180 to Right Leg +1 crit (destroyed)
      -220 to Left Leg +1 crit (destroyed)
      -740 to Main Body +2 crits (destroyed)
    -120 to force disc
    -250 personal S.D.C.
    Flight Suit destroyed
    --Bleeding: -3 H.P. per minute
Rosseyn
    -340 to 1st Force Field (fizzle)
    -300 to 2nd Force Field (fizzle)
    -200 to Body Force Field (fizzle)
    -60 to personal S.D.C.
    --Bleeding: -1 H.P. per minute
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 3736
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:42 pm

Perception [67%]: 1d100 = 2 [+15% in Space]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 9
JiC D100: 1d100 = 59

Conditions: Personal AR 12, Force Disc, Spectrum Vision

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1250/1450

Fleeing at speed in well-reasoned-terror lasts a few short miles before he calls over to Nova (as CJ's Disc slows and drops to ground-level), "Not sure what the fragg those things were, felt like a pack of Boarhounds trying to crawl up my backside, but we have the space. Open a portal back to the ship. It will be faster than flying back. I am going to drop my PA. That little ambush would not have gone well for anyone ... well anyone except Backlash. We need to collect him and just send him in to go all Infantry."

*Blood and ashes, I may have to borrow Halkos is he's not going to put it to use. But damnit!!! Getting it repaired is going to be a nightmare, unless Crash can repair this damn thing, and that will take days worth of his energy at best, if it can even be spared... Gods-damnit!?!*

If Nova opens a portal back to the Grifter, CJ will head through and begin to exit his Hellhound in obvious frustration.

He will then proceed to apply a few bandages to himself [First Aid 60%: 1d100 = 36] and Nova as necessary even though his hands seem to continuously shake. He takes a seat on the floor, not even bothering to find a chair or crate and sits head clasped tightly in his hands for a couple minutes, "That was a shit-ton of unnatural Lightning. Stronger than anything I have ever seen him throw ... I, I am glad you made it Nova.

Assuming they are on the Grifter, CJ will change into the A.D.F. Heavy Armor from the Cargo Hold
Image ... grab his Assault Rifle and backpack with ammunition, and signal as ready to move out (either via Portal or Force Disc since he now is no longer carrying the Hellhound).
Last edited by Cairo on Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:56 am

Perception ☞ 36% 1d100 = 45

JIC 1d20 = 9
1d100 = 5

Conditions: Hovering

Simone wrote: "Well Crash, you're the only one who can get in it seems. So unless you want to wander around there by yourself for a while, could you look to see if there is some way to deactivate the security?"


Niall quirks his head, only half-hearing her as he surveys the new room.

"Umm... are you saying there's some kind of force field... that... er... is keyed to my healing power somehow?" He glances back the way he came in a moment of unease, before turning back to the room. So either this place is empty, or there's something in here designed to kill... specifically me.

"Okay, that's troubling. I'll look for a security terminal." Or a security... heiroglyph. With confirmation that his HUD is recording everything he sees, he makes a mental note to get a panorama of each room as he enters, for Ryden's recording, including ceiling and floor details.

Niall's curiousity, and the (potentially) false sense of security offered by being the only one who can get in, get the better of him, and he elects to explore further. He floats into the newly-opened room and turns a 360 before returning his attention to the table. "Getting all this, Brainiac? This room's elevated, maybe a foot? Two? Floor is dry." He looks at the candles and paper, and experimentally unrolls one of the papers for examination.

Examining the paper and the candles, Niall looks for any writing he can read. If CJ were here he could examine these in multiple wavelengths... But my mark-one eyeballs are going to have to do.

Examining the paper rolls
Literacy: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) ☞ 71% 1d100 = 73 (FAIL)
Literacy: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) ☞ 71% 1d100 = 60 (SUCCESS)
Literacy: Arismal ☞ 91% 1d100 = 34 (SUCCESS)
Lore: Alien ☞ 71% 1d100 = 4 (CRIT SUCCESS)
Intelligence ☞ 76% 1d100 = 1 (SPECIAL - to compare the scroll's contents to what he knows of Arismal religion or history, if applicable - CRIT SUCCESS)


If he sees inscriptions that seem religious or historical, he radios the team.

"Brainiac, please show these to Helbrecht and get her opinion."
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 41/41
S.D.C.: 25/45
Power Touch Points: 850/850
Current Gear: A.D.F. Light Strike Anti-Gravity Suit, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit
A.D.F. Light Strike Anti-Gravity Suit
A.R.: 12
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 50 each
--Legs: 65 each
--Main Body: 100
--Slim-pack: 25
FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Simone Helbrect » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:30 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 68/40%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 4; 1d100 = 5
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.

Simone now out of the stairwell grabs one of the containers they had brought to carry samples. Sh flips it over and takes a seat on it to wait out the next few minutes of Nial's investigation. This sucks, an actual archeological find and of course I'm unable to go inside. Simone thinks while pulling out her datapad. Thumbing it on, she types a few observations about the location and the entranceway, before saving and tucking it back where she found it.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Previous

Return to HU2 Galactic: Annals of the Sixth Atorian Expansion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest