Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

In the distant reaches of the Milky Way Galaxy, a race teeters on the brink of extinction as it is pursued by the relentless Atorian Empire. [Adventure forum.]

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:33 am

Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: Day 55, 1230
Local Time: Night, appx. 2230
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Location: Chandrakant II, Temperate Region (night side)

Mission Directives: A.D.F. assets must maintain as much of a clandestine presence in-system as possible as the enormous Atorian ship is known to be active. While on the planet's surface, standard extraction protocols are in effect. If needed, the 1st SOG is to assist in the extraction of any units within operational distance. All units are scheduled to extract from the planet's surface and be on the Profit Motive by 1200 (Day 56) so as to prevent the imperial ship from detecting them. Failure to extract by this time will strand all units on the planet's surface for another 48 hours. The 1st SOG is to investigate the ruins and lend assistance to other assets in-system as they deem fit and according to their own priority assessment.

Ruins
Cairo snaps a bit. "Nova? Focus, man! There are folks out there under fire. Brainiac, you have a location you can share on those marines? Can you figure out the sourcing on the jamming?"

Ryden begins compressing and converting the data burst from the Stiletto to intelligible data for transmission across their short-range datalink. There's nothing he can do so far as any jamming is concerned, nor does he have equipment to detect if there is any at such a range unless whoever the hostiles might be have chosen to blanket-jam a whole stretch of the band, and that doesn't seem to be the case. He shakes his head in the negative.

Rosseyn snaps out of whatever had transfixed his attention, "Sorry, needed a second. You're all right." Nova marks the entrance of the ruins as a gateway for himself and switches himself over to his energy form. "Helbrecht, Ego, Crash. You three move in to the ruins and stay in contact. Everyone else, stand ready. Fang and I go in, I open a gateway to the conflict as soon as it gets hot. Brainiac, confirm coordinates for support?"

Ryden confirms the coordinates and transmits them across the group's datalink. Cairo and Rosseyn take off in a hurry once they have the coordinates from Ryden.

Corrigon looks to Ryden. "How do you want to proceed? If Helbrecht here is mostly invulnerable to harm, then is it best for her to go first? Otherwise, I'll go first, but keep a close eye out and we move very slowly. With an elaborate lock like this, I would imagine that there will be further security measures inside. May the Gods protect us." Corrigon squats down to get a better look inside, using his natural nightvision to see the terrain inside. "Any suggestions?" he asks Simone. She seems not to hear him. The whole space is flooded, maybe three to four feet of standing water if the floor is level, evenly spaced pillars support the mass of earth and stone above the vaulted ceilings which are out of sight from his perspective. There appear to be strange carvings on the walls, if not on the pillars.

With a pair of heavily armed marines not far away, and themselves with their backs to a huge stone edifice and mountain, Halko and Corrigon both feel relatively secure.

Halko stays put with Ryden as Nova and Fang rush off to the coordinates given, musing to himself as he keeps a look-out.

The door mechanism would seem to indicate a solid grasp of basic engineering principles, but from what Niall can see, either the door mechanisms are within the walls themselves (improbable), or else the doors seemed to operate on principles unknown to him. As he hasn't even a general idea as to the dating of the structure, the rest is unknown. Perhaps the unusual EM signatures Cairo detected correspond to the mechanisms somehow?

"Simone? How long do you suppose this has been here? I doubt anyone's opened it in a long time." Niall takes a step into the structure as he asks.

Simone doesn't answer him, but instead muses aloud to herself. "Hmmm...who built you? Not Arismal, but worshipers of our gods...curiouser and curiouser."
from her vantage at the entrance she can see a relief carved into the eastern wall which tells an interesting tale somewhat akin to the story of Setis' deceit at the hands of Iblis, and subsequent defeat by Atlas, but ending with...Setis' opening of a portal to the afterlife? Another world? It's hard to tell, so she tries to pass the threshold behind Niall.

Niall nervously adds, "Doubt there's anything alive in here, except bugs and fungus. Probably no one's set foot in here in...ages." He takes another hesitant step inside, using his glowing hand ostensibly to cast more light by which to see, but his native nightvision is sufficient; the glowing hand is nothing more than an effort at psychological reassurance. "If this is Arismal construction...Arismal technology...does that square with what we know? It seems far, far too old to have been put here by Arismal just since we gained interstellar travel, don't you think?"

Ruins Map Reveal
Image


Swamp
Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: Day 55, 1250
Local Time: Night, appx. 2250
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; heavy rain--seriously reduced visibility; 10' otherwise
Location: Chandrakant II, Temperate Region (night side)


Cairo flies to the area indicated by the coordinates some thirty miles distant with Nova close behind. A few miles away from the LZ, rain is coming down heavily enough to reduce visibility, and thus safe travel speed. Nova finds himself likewise constrained, and so the pair take to higher altitude to enable greater speed at a safe height. They decrease speed as they approach the coordinates and descend in altitude. Cairo finds himself flying just above treetop level at a cautious rate as Nova lands and returns to his normal physical state. Cairo spots a figure strewn across a stump jutting from the swamp water. Nearing the stump he finds the body has been flayed, and debris nearby the body. Amid the debris, Cairo recognizes the familiar phoenix rising insignia of the A.D.F. on a what remains of a breastplate. Nova puts up his body field. "Head on a swivel, Fang."

Swamp Map Reveal
Image
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 3746
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:50 pm

Perception [59%]: 1d100 = 25 [+15% in Space]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 16
JiC D100: 1d100 = 100

Conditions: Merged to Hellhound PA, on Force Disc.

Drifting quietly on his elevated perch in the driving sheets of rain an involuntary shiver of rage runs down CJ's spine as he takes in the fallen Marine and silent aftermath, "He wasn't alone, and the firefight is over. Maybe get a force-dome over Check him for a pulse. If he's alive, maybe drop that new Harness on him, the one with the healing nano-bots and maybe Crash can still save him." Not like I can check him, it'll take me almost a minute to get out of this suit, and with our luck, that's when his attackers would come out of the woodwork.

Cairo shifts his vision briefly into the Radio spectrum, *Where are you bastards?!?! You still jamming the area? ... * He scans the area for any visual signs of jamming (i.e. are there visually discernible radio waves being broadcast from a certain direction from here?), before shifting to Infrared for anything giving off heat (including a cursory glance after he across the fallen soldier to see if he radiates heat or has gone cold).

With consternation, CJ taps his radio, "Marines are mostly gone. Brainiac? Any contact with the LZ Marines. Any further transmissions? Do we know how many we're looking for over here?" (and if the fallen soldier is alive, CJ will include, "We have critically wounded. Crash will be needed ASAP. Be ready for the Gate.")
Last edited by Cairo on Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Corrigon » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:09 am

Perception Bonus 38% 1d100 = 16
JIC 1d20 = 20 1d100 = 72

Okay, so she is very focused here Corrigon muses as Simone pays attention solely to the ruins.

"If I may," Corrigon moves down to Niall, who is in the lead, "want me to take the lead?" Corrigon has his rifle up, scanning across the room just in case. There wasn't any obvious immediate danger, but it didn't hurt to be prudent.

Assuming Niall agrees, he steps carefully into the water and finds himself sinking deep into the water quite quickly.

"Okay, this is pretty deep and I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't swim. Corrigon calls up to the others, "Unless we have a way of extracting some of the water, movement is going to be difficult. If there are any security measures in place, actually being able to spot them or disable them is going to be even more difficult."

Thankfully, the natural abilities of the Arismel meant at least he didn't have to worry about seeing in the dark. He looks around to see of there is anything interesting or useful he can direct the others at to find their way through.

OOC Comments
Detect Ambush 52%+5% 1d100 = 36 Pass
Intelligence 52%+4% 1d100 = 29 pass
Lore: Alien 52%+5% 1d100 = 33 pass
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:27 am

Perception ☞ 36% 1d100 = 64 (FAIL)

JIC 1d20 = 8
1d100 = 4

Niall activates the AG function on his armor, to keep himself as out of the water as possible, and shines the light from his glowing hand into the structure to try to make out what's ahead.

Simone wrote:"Hmmm... Who built you? Not Arismals, but worshipers of our gods. Curiouser and Curiouser."


Not Arismal construction then. Yet it responds to Arismal abilities? And features Arismal religion? Curious indeed.

Ego wrote:"If I may, want me to take the lead?"


Niall shrugs. "If you want to... you or Simone, whoever. I doubt there's any danger here. This thing's been sealed for ages."

With Ego in the lead, Niall makes his way further into the structure, hovering as much as possible to keep himself as dry as is feasible.

Ego wrote:"Okay, this is pretty deep and I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't swim."


Niall smiles. "When we get back to the fleet you need to requisition yourself one of these anti-grav armors. If it gets too deep, hang back."

As they move, Niall evaluates the wall carvings (as much as he can) to glean any more hints about what to expect inside. He also tries to square what little he knows about alien cultures to guess which ones, if any, would have been capable of a feat of engineering like this, with knowledge of Arismal religion. Which of you alien snakes built this... is it a trap for Arismal? A heartbeat later, A trap for ME? If he sees any Arismal writing (or carvings that look like they could be Arismal writing, he will attempt to decipher them.

Intelligence ☞ 76% 1d100 = 79 (FAIL)
Lore: Alien ☞ 71% 1d100 = 43 (SUCCESS)
Literacy: Arismal ☞ 91% 1d100 = 31 (SUCCESS)

"This place seems to work on some kind of super-durable ancient tech... The puzzle lock on the door alone would be worth carrying back to the fleet for study, if we could manage it. There could be similar puzzle locks further in."
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:08 am

Perception: 1d100 = 88/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 13

Conditions
SDC:
  • Personal: 79/79 SDC
Force Field SDC:
  • 2200/2400 SDC
ADF Standard Armor:
  • Helmet: 100/100 SDC
  • Left Arm: 100/100 SDC
  • Right Arm: 100/100 SDC
  • Main Body: 200/200 SDC
  • Left Leg: 150/150 SDC
  • Right Leg: 150/150 SDC
ADF Laser Sniper Rifle:
  • Ammo: 10/10 shots
Throwing Knives:
  • Ammo: 8/8 blades
Body Force Field:
  • 24/24 min.
  • 200/200 MDC.
  • -2 on Initiative and -1 APM while in place.
  • Gases, disease, and radiation are still a danger and will penetrate the force field.


When Cairo notifies him of the fallen ADF marine, Nova gets himself to the body, takes one more look around and then focuses on the dead man. Taking Cairo's suggestion to shield them while they investigate, he drops a large/spacious Force Field dome (300 SDC) over himself and the body. However, when Cairo suggests the healing routine, Nova turns to him and says "Damnit Fang, I'm a spy not a doctor! They took his damn skin. I don't think there's a chance he's coming back and I'm not wasting our resources on the dead. We need to find who did this and do it to them. I'm calling in the rest of the crew."

Nova opens up a gateway between the battle-site and the ruins, steps through and hits his radio. "Nova to the 1st. We've got a situation. Everyone through. We'll check the ruins together when we're done here." He'll usher folks through the gateway as they come out of the ruins.

Once everyone is through, he points to the body. "This is what was awaiting us upon our arrival. This man was ADF. We find who did this and we tear it apart. Understood?"
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 392
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Halko » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:40 pm

Percep: 64% =1d100 = 5
JIC: 1d20 = 2 1d100 = 48

Feeling like the odd man out, Halko hangs back at the entrance to the ruins. As he waits for the portal to open or the people entering the ruins to get into trouble, he continues to scan the area. We may be harvesting this place but that doesn't mean we're home and safe. Frak, is anything really safe these days?

With Nova and Fang now gone, Halko turns back to the ruins entrance and calls out, "You guys watch out. With that water it'll be hard to see if the floor drops out to a pit of something. Frak I wish Plake was here. He was a kid back home that had water powers...Frak, I don't even know if he survived. I may have to try and look him up when we get back."

Halko quirks a brow at his uncharacteristic chattiness then looks over to Ryden and shrugs. He thinks about commenting on Nova's call to split the team, then lets the idea go and says questioningly, "You wanna watch them in there and I'll keep an eye open out here for Nova's portal."

-----

When Nova's portal appears Halko grins to himself and nods. Good, I wasn't looking to going into that pit and getting stabbed by some ancient spear trap. I'd likely start having flashbacks to that fraking Blood Sport arena. He doesn't say anything when he hears Nova's orders over the radio, he simply starts motioning for those inside the ruins to come out. He stays at his position by the ruins entry until everyone is out and clear. Then he trots over to the edge of the portal and performs the same task but in reverse as he waits for everyone to file through the portal. Once everyone has gone through the portal, or he's told to, he steps through himself and unto the clearing with the eviscerated Arismal corpse.
Last edited by Halko on Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 549
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:00 pm

OOC: What is our distance from the Ships? CJ's prior roll was for "Navigation 125%: Original post: 1d100 = 1 - Route and Distance to the Marines."
Augur Edit: Didn't make it into the post? Damnit. 30 miles.

Cairo wrote:Perception [59%]: Original post: 1d100 = 25 [+15% in Space]
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 16
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 100


Conditions: Merged to Hellhound PA, on Force Disc.

Intelligence 53%: 1d100 = 13
Wilderness Survival 70%: 1d100 = 92

Cairo watches as rain begins to bounce off of and around Nova's force-dome, then does a small circuit of the area looking for tracks or other signs of passage (trying to gauge the direction that the fallen Marine was coming from, and the direction he was headed).

He's a Spy not a frakking Doctor he says. That's right, so out here on an honest-to-gods battlefield, maybe you offer up the minor effort of checking a fallen comrade for a pulse so that later on, you are able to say you tried ... blood and freaking ashes. Maybe put him through to the Grifter. He might be dead, but that doesn't mean he should be left on a foreign world to be eaten by local scavengers ... Any tracks? Broken branches? Anything here out of place??? We're 30 miles out from the LZ. Standard Armor only broadcasts 12 miles out, so what the frak were they doing out here and what did they run across???

If/as the others arrive through Nova's gateway, "Did you guys figure out how to seal that little Bunker from the inside? Is it also reliant on an Arismal power? If we could seal it, that's the kinda nice pre-made tomb where you drop Zed and just let him fragging starve."

The PA Pilot absently engages the Passive Nightvision on the Hellhound (2000ft Range) as he stalks the perimeter, to the degree one can stalk whilst floating ...
Last edited by Cairo on Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:47 pm

Perception: 83%/1d100 = 34
JIC: 1d20 = 13, 1d100 = 88
Detect Ambush 63%/1d100 = 41 - Anyone in the obvious ambush positions? PASS!
Intelligence 69%/1d100 = 45 - Was there anything in communication or intelligence about this location or squad? PASS!
Lore: Alien 73%/1d100 = 11 - Are there any species that can manipulate radio waves? Sentient or otherwise. PASS!
Navigation (Land, Air, Water) 93%/1d100 = 73 - Where are we again? PASS!
Read Sensory Equipment 73%/1d100 = 91 - Any contacts? FAIL!
Weapon Systems 83%/1d100 = 46 - To fire link rail guns PASS!

Corrigon wrote:Corrigon looks to Ryden. "How do you want to proceed? If Helbrecht here is mostly invulnerable to harm, then is it best for her to go first? Otherwise, I'll go first, but keep a close eye out and we move very slowly. With an elaborate lock like this, I would imagine that there will be further security measures inside. May the Gods protect us."

"Follow Niall's lead - he's officer in charge inside until Nova gets back, but since he's also got a head on his shoulders, that means he's going to be following Helbrect's lead. So react accordingly. Keep them safe and engage that big brain of yours. They are going to need it."

Cairo wrote:With consternation, CJ taps his radio, "Marines are mostly gone. Brainiac? Any contact with the LZ Marines. Any further transmissions? Do we know how many we're looking for over here?"

Rosseyn wrote:"Nova to the 1st. We've got a situation. Everyone through. We'll check the ruins together when we're done here." He'll usher folks through the gateway as they come out of the ruins.

"Negative contact here at LZ. Intel says they are a six man team. Databurst incoming. No further contact. That assumes they are with First M.E.U. If not I have no clue. I didn't think that had that many units out here on the hunt. "
Ryden is monitoring the situation and is the first to receive Fang's and Nova's messages. "Dig team, pack it up and move out here double time. If you can seal the door again, do so. Otherwise let's move."
Once the Portal appears and everyone is present, Ryden ushers them all through and steps through last. He calls over to the LZ marines, jogging to them. "We have trouble out there. If anyone tries to go in there, let us know and shoot them. That place is off limits, by order of the 1st SOG's CO, Lieutenant Commander Ridatharen. Don't leave your posts, just cover the entrance from here and challenge anyone approaching."

Rosseyn wrote:Once everyone is through, he points to the body. "This is what was awaiting us upon our arrival. This man was ADF. We find who did this and we tear it apart. Understood?"


"Damn. Wait, he doesn't have the gear to have reached us - not even with my gear. Their signal might have been boosted. Could be a natural phenomena, but until we know, we should assume we are surrounded by a technological foe with superior position." He looks to Nova, "By the way, the dig site has been deemed off limits by you Nova. At least that's what I told the Marines guarding the LZ. Just told them to cover it from where they were and challenge anyone approaching, and let us know. If you're pissed, you can deal with it back on the ship. I'm sure they have plenty of crap duty I can do." He was pretty sure Nova would agree, but he might get pissy about Ryden using his name to give orders his own rank might not have carried. It was worth it though, even if he spent the next month on crap duty.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Simone Helbrect » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:04 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 67/40%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 48
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor

Simone continues forward keeping an eye out for things of interest while moving farther in. Wonder if the water is seeping in or was always here? Simone thinks to herself as she wades through the shoulder deep water. "Yeah this place is a conundrum wrapped in an enigma, sitting next to a puzzle." Simone says to no one in particular as she plods forward. "In the history books this place shouldn't exist. So at the moment I am working with some very abstract theories." Simone continues aloud to no one in particular.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:15 am

(Rolls carried over)

Nova wrote:"Nova to the 1st. We've got a situation. Everyone through. We'll check the ruins together when we're done here."


Ryden wrote:"Dig team, pack it up and move out here double time. If you can seal the door again, do so. Otherwise let's move."


Niall takes a last look around, feeling drawn to stay though he knows his duty lies elsewhere. He sighs and nods. "You heard it team. Through the portal."

Don't have time to figure out how to close the front door.

Niall hovers up and out of the ruin, making his way to, and through, Nova's portal.

Once on the other side, Niall will take a position near Nova. When he sees the fallen soldier, he looks aghast. "What... did that? An animal?"

Nova wrote:"This is what was awaiting us upon our arrival. This man was ADF. We find who did this and we tear it apart. Understood?"


Niall nods grimly. "Roger that." Before moving on, Niall takes a tissue sample of the fallen soldier.

Paramedic ☞ 56% 1d100 = 21 (to take a viable tissue sample, preferably with stem cells - from bone marrow, teeth, etc - SUCCESS)

We can't clone people yet, but perhaps they can fertilize eggs with this man's DNA, so at least his family line can live on.

He'll safely stow the tissue sample in his gear and await further orders.

"I don't know who you are, but may the Morgaine carry you to the Shade of Cojo."
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Corrigon » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:56 am

rolls carried

Ryden wrote:"Follow Niall's lead - he's officer in charge inside until Nova gets back, but since he's also got a head on his shoulders, that means he's going to be following Helbrect's lead. So react accordingly. Keep them safe and engage that big brain of yours. They are going to need it."


Corrigon nods before heading inside.

Niall wrote:Niall shrugs. "If you want to... you or Simone, whoever. I doubt there's any danger here. This thing's been sealed for ages."


"Maybe its just me, but I don't like to presume things like that. Corrigon remarks, "more likely to end up dead from a booby trap. Admittedly most of my experience of places like this came from trideo and books."

Niall wrote:Niall smiles. "When we get back to the fleet you need to requisition yourself one of these anti-grav armors. If it gets too deep, hang back."


Halko wrote:"You guys watch out. With that water it'll be hard to see if the floor drops out to a pit of something. Frak I wish Plake was here. He was a kid back home that had water powers...Frak, I don't even know if he survived. I may have to try and look him up when we get back."


"Don't I know it," Corrigon moves a few feet further, carefully stepping each time, feeling his way with his foot. If he fell, at least the armour was EBA and they would hopefully have time to rescue him before he drowned. Cheery thought as that was.


Rosseyn wrote:Nova to the 1st. We've got a situation. Everyone through. We'll check the ruins together when we're done here." He'll usher folks through the gateway as they come out of the ruins.


Ryden wrote: "Dig team, pack it up and move out here double time. If you can seal the door again, do so. Otherwise let's move."

Niall wrote:Niall takes a last look around, feeling drawn to stay though he knows his duty lies elsewhere. He sighs and nods. "You heard it team. Through the portal."


"Just when I have gotten my feet wet," Corrigon rushes out of the water as quickly as he could on the route he took in to avoid any potential of traps on the way back out. He steps through the gate, ready for action. Anything willing to attack a squad of Marines was not something to take likely.

Rosseyn wrote:Once everyone is through, he points to the body. "This is what was awaiting us upon our arrival. This man was ADF. We find who did this and we tear it apart. Understood?"


"Understood," Corrigon nods, before moving closer to the body, checking the area. Corrigon offers a little prayer over the body, commending his soul to the afterlife

"Did anybody take his dog tags yet?" he asks, resting his rifle on his shoulder for a moment. If not, Corrigon kneels down and reaches inside what was left the armour to do so, before looking around the area near the body. If any of the debris contains the fallen marine's harness, Corrigon will grab any spare ammo and look around for his rifle.
"Whatever did this wasn't a predator, least not one hunting for feud. Not an expert on animals, but generally they only kill to eat." if the eyes are still open, Corrigon reaches down to close them, Flaying the body like this, was a deliberate act, either ritualistic maybe or designed as provocation. Make us do something rash. Any sign of any tracks or blood splatter?"

if the rifle is missing or it looks like items have been scavenged off the body already
"Interesting. Definitely looks like something intelligent did this unless we have both a predator who eats skin and is also attracted to shiny things to steal."

OOC Comments
Intelligence 52%+4% 1d100 = 41
Detect Ambush 52%+5% 1d100 = 100
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Halko » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:33 am

[rolls held]

Trap/Mine Detection 65%=1d100 = 72
Camouflage 65%=1d100 = 40


Now on the other side of the portal, Halko looks at the body when Nova points it out and with a grim expression on he face, he turns away. There's people with better skills sets to examine that mess. I better keep an eye out for what did it.

While the others focus on the body, Halko starts moving counter clockwise around the area as he stays on the lookout for whatever might have done this. He clicks his comms and asks, "Is there any indication if this was some local animal or if it was enemy forces?"
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 549
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:04 am

Cairo wrote:Perception [59%]: Original post: 1d100 = 25 [+15% in Space]
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 16
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 100


Conditions: Merged to Hellhound PA, on Force Disc.

Ryden wrote:"Negative contact here at LZ. Intel says they are a six man team. Databurst incoming. No further contact. That assumes they are with First M.E.U. If not I have no clue. I didn't think that had that many units out here on the hunt. "


Re-checking his radar Cairo frowns within his armored casing, "First MEU? Those are Bodean's boys right? He wasn't along with them was he? ... Do we know what they were out looking for?"
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:54 pm

Ruins
Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: Day 55, 1230.25
Local Time: Night, appx. 2230.25
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Location: Chandrakant II, Temperate Region (night side)

Mission Directives: A.D.F. assets must maintain as much of a clandestine presence in-system as possible as the enormous Atorian ship is known to be active. While on the planet's surface, standard extraction protocols are in effect. If needed, the 1st SOG is to assist in the extraction of any units within operational distance. All units are scheduled to extract from the planet's surface and be on the Profit Motive by 1200 (Day 56) so as to prevent the imperial ship from detecting them. Failure to extract by this time will strand all units on the planet's surface for another 48 hours. The 1st SOG is to investigate the ruins and lend assistance to other assets in-system as they deem fit and according to their own priority assessment.

Halko turns back to the ruins entrance and calls out, "You guys watch out. With that water it'll be hard to see if the floor drops out to a pit of something." More to himself than anyone in particular, he adds, "Frak I wish Plake was here. He was a kid back home that had water powers. Frak, I don't even know if he survived. I may have to try and look him up when we get back."

Halko quirks a brow at his uncharacteristic chattiness then looks over to Ryden and shrugs. "You wanna watch them in there and I'll keep an eye open out here for Nova's portal."

Ryden responds to Corrigon's earlier question. "Follow Niall's lead. He's officer in charge inside until Nova gets back, but since he's also got a head on his shoulders, that means he's going to be following Helbrect's lead. So react accordingly. Keep them safe and engage that big brain of yours. They are going to need it." (Note: none of the communication between the two groups has yet happened. At this time, Cairo & Rosseyn are still flying towards the Marine's location.)

Niall activates the anti-gravity function on his suit and shines the light from his glowing hand into the structure to try to make out what's ahead. The mild glow from his hand doesn't illuminate the chamber beyond to any discernible degree, besides, his natural night vision is such that he can already see most of the way into the chamber as it stands.

Corrigon takes his cue from Ryden's advice. "If I may, want me to take the lead?" he asks Niall as he moves down the stairs with his gun raised.

Niall responds, "If you want to...you or Simone, whoever. I doubt there's any danger here. This thing's been sealed for ages."

Corrigon replies, "Maybe its just me, but I don't like to presume things like that. More likely to end up dead from a booby trap. Admittedly most of my experience of places like this came from trideo and books." He steps carefully into the water and finds himself sinking deep into the water quite quickly when his forward momentum comes to a sudden stop--as if he walked into a wall. "Okay, this is pretty deep and I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't swim. Unless we have a way of extracting some of the water, movement is going to be difficult. If there are any security measures in place, actually being able to spot them or disable them is going to be even more difficult." (If you want skills to be relevant, the GM needs to know how they're being used/to what desired end.)

Simone attempts to continue forward, but her progress is stopped cold--as though she's trying to walk through a wall. "Yeah this place is a conundrum wrapped in an enigma, sitting next to a puzzle. In the history books this place shouldn't exist. So at the moment I am working with some very abstract theories." Simone continues aloud to no one in particular.

Niall makes his way further into the structure, his feet a few inches above the waterline, as Corrigon seems to hang back. Hearing the caution in Corrigon's voice, Niall smiles. "When we get back to the fleet you need to requisition yourself one of these anti-grav armors. If it gets too deep, hang back." Evaluating the markings on the walls, Niall can't seem to make sense of much of it. Some of it is clearly the same form of proto-Arismal language that Simone's monologue seemed to allude to moments ago. "This place seems to work on some kind of super-durable ancient tech. The puzzle lock on the door alone would be worth carrying back to the fleet for study, if we could manage it. There could be similar puzzle locks further in." He looks back to find both of his teammates still standing on the other side of the threshold. There's a set of double doors along the eastern wall of the chamber and much further along into the chamber the chamber seems to open up towards the east as well, though it's hard to tell for certain without first going farther in.

Ruins Map Reveal
Image


Swamp
Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: Day 55, 1250.25
Local Time: Night, appx. 2250.25
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; heavy rain--seriously reduced visibility; 10' otherwise
Location: Chandrakant II, Temperate Region (night side) [30 miles/20 mins from ruins site]

Mission Directives: A.D.F. assets must maintain as much of a clandestine presence in-system as possible as the enormous Atorian ship is known to be active. While on the planet's surface, standard extraction protocols are in effect. If needed, the 1st SOG is to assist in the extraction of any units within operational distance. All units are scheduled to extract from the planet's surface and be on the Profit Motive by 1200 (Day 56) so as to prevent the imperial ship from detecting them. Failure to extract by this time will strand all units on the planet's surface for another 48 hours. The 1st SOG is to investigate the ruins and lend assistance to other assets in-system as they deem fit and according to their own priority assessment.

(I'll be ignoring any communication between groups as this group is twenty minutes ahead of the events going on at the ruins.)

Cairo shouts down from above, "He wasn't alone, and the firefight is over. Maybe get a force-dome over Check him for a pulse. If he's alive, maybe drop that new Harness on him, the one with the healing nano-bots and maybe Crash can still save him."

Nova gets himself to the body, takes one more look around and then focuses on the dead man. Taking Cairo's suggestion to shield them while they investigate, he drops a large/spacious force field dome over himself and the body. However, when Cairo suggests the healing routine, Nova looks up to him and says "Damnit Fang, I'm a spy not a doctor! They took his damn skin. I don't think there's a chance he's coming back and I'm not wasting our resources on the dead. We need to find who did this and do it to them."

The heavy rainfall and ambient chirps, clicks, splashes, and croaks from the surrounding forested swamp makes discerning one sound from another quite difficult, but Cairo's silent hovering above it all helps him overhear a series of echoing and unnerving sounds from all around the two of them. The rain has the effect of making everything some degree of dark blue (cool) through green (less cool), with a lot of flecks of yellow (moderately warm) moving about the swamp, ranging from the size of very small animals to some man-sized shapes...all in fair abundance and moving about. There is no indication of any radio jamming in the area.

Alarming sounds.wav [ 122.38 KiB | Viewed 1186 times ]



Swamp Map Reveal
Image
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 3746
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:45 pm

Perception [67%]: 1d100 = 40 [+15% in Space]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 7
JiC D100: 1d100 = 75

Conditions: Merged to Hellhound PA, on Force Disc, Spectrum Vision (cycling back and forth to Infrared every 10 Sec. to confirm his target has not changed course).

Cairo's eyes fall on the Man-sized shapes, and he mentally activates the radio no longer bothering with the buttons, "Nova, there are a number of man-sized shapes in the area ... the closest is at your [[clock based orientation/location]], the 2nd at your [[clock based orientation/location]]. Cannot tell if they are friendly. If you light yourself up, you may get company, but I don't have that issue. So I'm going hunting." Anger burns hot in his stomach, but CJ cycles his weapons from Alpha (4-weapons) to his secondary configuration Fire-linked Lasers, Silent, and I have as many shots as necessary. Not hearing any STARs, so now will be a good chance to see if I can start picking them off one by one. He bounces back and forth from the Infrared spectrum (as referenced above)

The PA Pilot looks over the heat signatures, first to the one being given off by Nova in his ADF Armor, then back at those wandering in the darkness. He chooses whichever heat signature is farthest from Nova's then glides out into the night on his Disc like grim death intent on finding someone. Jaw clenched as he pushes into the night, he does not even realize that he has stopped breathing entirely. If his target (the guy he is flying over to from about 40ft in the air) is anything other than an Arismal Marine, CJ will begin to light it up in a series of devastating laser-strikes without warning or remorse. The lasers flicker like strobes of lightning, un-punctuated by thunder but just as deadly and faster than an eyeblink.

In the event that his first (Non-Arismal) target appears dead or incapacitated, CJ will cycle his vision to double-check his thermal-surroundings then head towards the next man-sized one with a similar thermal signature.

Prowl 80%: EP Crit Success

APM: 11 [-1 for Disc]
Initiative [+14]: 1d20+14 = 21

1: Dual Tri-Beam Lasers at Target: 1d20+22 = 41 Strike, 2d10*10 = 140 (Crit) = 280 Damage
2: Dual Tri-Beam Lasers at Target: 1d20+22 = 25 Strike, 2d10*10 = 120 Damage
3: Dual Tri-Beam Lasers at Target: 1d20+22 = 33 Strike, 2d10*10 = 100 Damage
4: Dual Tri-Beam Lasers at Target: 1d20+22 = 24 Strike, 2d10*10 = 190 Damage
5: Dual Tri-Beam Lasers at Target: 1d20+22 = 41 Strike, 2d10*10 = 70(Crit) = 140 Damage
6: Dual Tri-Beam Lasers at Target: 1d20+22 = 38 Strike, 2d10*10 = 70 Damage
7: Dual Tri-Beam Lasers at Target: 1d20+22 = 25 Strike, 2d10*10 = 150 Damage
8: Dual Tri-Beam Lasers at Target: 1d20+22 = 27 Strike, 2d10*10 = 180 Damage
9: Dual Tri-Beam Lasers at Target: 1d20+22 = 40 Strike, 2d10*10 = 150 (Crit) = 300 Damage
10: Dual Tri-Beam Lasers at Target: 1d20+22 = 33 Strike, 2d10*10 = 110 Damage

Autododge any perceived Ranged Attacks [+9]: 1d20+9 = 11, 1d20+9 = 25, 1d20+9 = 14, 1d20+9 = 12, 1d20+9 = 25, 1d20+9 = 18, 1d20+9 = 27, 1d20+9 = 13

Parry anything that jumps or flies at him physically with the Hellhound's forearm blades [+16]: 1d20+16 = 33, 1d20+16 = 18, 1d20+16 = 20, 1d20+16 = 17, 1d20+16 = 30, 1d20+16 = 19, 1d20+16 = 32, 1d20+16 = 34


Dice Error: (2d10)*10 = 0
Last edited by Cairo on Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:48 am

Perception ☞ 36% 1d100 = 42

JIC 1d20 = 9
1d100 = 69

Niall spies the door along the eastern wall. "Team, at the second set of pillars, doorway to the east. Checking it out."

Niall floats over to that doorway to examine it. He looks first with an engineer's eyes, looking to see how the door opens, and how that function might be triggered. He then looks at the door itself, looking for a similar puzzle lock feature, perhaps, or a more conventional interface.

Analyze and Operate Devices ☞ 100% 1d100 = 9 (How does it open? - SUCCESS)
Mechanical Engineer ☞ 81% 1d100 = 13 (is there a conventional lock? - SUCCESS)

If he sees inscriptions, he calls back for Simone. "Helbrecht, gonna need you up here. Proceed with caution - I haven't tested the floor. Maybe hug the wall. And check the inscriptions as you come through - I couldn't make them out."

I wonder if we should be recording... or digitally mapping... this entire structure. If it collapses the whole thing'll be lost.

"And if either of you have the capability to record and transmit video, please get what you can of this structure. And... transmit the video to Ryden."

So if we die in a collapse it's not lost.

Niall turns his attention back to the door at hand. He feels oddly serene as he examines it.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Corrigon » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:39 am

Perception 41% 1d100 = 69
JIC 1d100 = 31 1d20 = 11

Niall wrote:Niall spies the door along the eastern wall. "Team, at the second set of pillars, doorway to the east. Checking it out."


"Give me a moment, don't want to risk unnecessarily setting off any traps," He walks over to the treeline, keeping an eye out for potential trouble around them and hunts for a large branch that he can use to poke the ground with just in case.

OOC Comments
Detect Ambush 57% 1d100 = 6 in case of attack


Presuming he finds one, Corrigon slowly makes his way through the water in the ruins, gingerly tapping the area in front of him with the branch through the water at a distance, just in case he sets anything off.

Niall wrote:"And if either of you have the capability to record and transmit video, please get what you can of this structure. And... transmit the video to Ryden."


"This armour has a Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, but nothing in the way of sensors apart from a basic HUD. Let me ask Ryden if he has a handheld scanner or recording device?" Corrigon replies, as he shrugs his shoulders at the request

"Ryden, this is Corrigon,, Corrigon activates his radio, "do you have a recording device of any kind?
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:15 am

Perception 83%/1d100 = 27
JIC: 1d20 = 14, 1d100 = 15

Ryden moves up to the door, but not into the structure. Using the loudspeaker so as to avoid the radio, he amplifies his voice *just* enough. "I'm actually streaming all video from your HUDs and feeding it into a program that is constructing a three dimensional map from your visual and audio inputs, plus my own scans. Not to mention I am recording everything you do and say for intelligence to poor over when we get back. If the resolution is good, simply looking at something will record it for posterity. I'd enter, but there's no telling what the weight of even my Duskhound would do to this place. We'll have to pump the water out before we do more than a preliminary analysis."
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:23 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 99/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 15

Conditions
SDC:
  • Personal: 79/79 SDC
Force Field SDC:
  • 1900/2400 SDC
Force Field Dome SDC:
  • 300/300 SDC
ADF Standard Armor:
  • Helmet: 100/100 SDC
  • Left Arm: 100/100 SDC
  • Right Arm: 100/100 SDC
  • Main Body: 200/200 SDC
  • Left Leg: 150/150 SDC
  • Right Leg: 150/150 SDC
ADF Laser Sniper Rifle:
  • Ammo: 10/10 shots
Throwing Knives:
  • Ammo: 8/8 blades
Body Force Field:
  • 24/24 min.
  • 200/200 MDC.
  • -2 on Initiative and -1 APM while in place.
  • Gases, disease, and radiation are still a danger and will penetrate the force field.


Cairo wrote:"Nova, there are a number of man-sized shapes in the area ... the closest is at your [[clock based orientation/location]], the 2nd at your [[clock based orientation/location]]. Cannot tell if they are friendly. If you light yourself up, you may get company, but I don't have that issue. So I'm going hunting."


"Roger. Call out if you need me, Fang. I'll do the same."

Rosseyn looks closely at the downed soldier in the bubble with him. Is there something I'm missing? Some clue as to what did this? Dammit, I'm beyond useless in this situation. Niall could try to bring him back or Ryden could even determine what happened here, but my skill set is not applicable. Rosseyn tries anyway to find something, some piece of information that would be useful in determining what to do next. He checks the patterns of the soil around the body for prints not left by himself or Cairo. He goes through the debris near the body for any sort of identifier. He checks the body for dog tags. If he can't find any of those things, he'll look around in the area of the force bubble to look for clues. He drops his body field and takes off the gauntlet for his armor. Using his sensitive fingers, he tries to figure out what temperature the body is. Temperature reading will help Brainiac determine when the body became deceased.

Heightened Sense of Touch
Notice minute changes in temperature by touch or slowly moving one's hand over an item. 1d100 = 31/72%
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 392
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Simone Helbrect » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:12 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 94/40%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 8; 1d100 = 98
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor

Simone harumphs. "Well Crash, you're the only one who can get in it seems. So unless you want to wander around there by yourself for a while, could you look to see if there is some way to deactivate the security?" Simone says loudly and clearly for Niall to hear. Simone slogs back out from the water soaked stairs. Once out of the water, Simone shakes her boots before looking at Ryden. "Where'd everyone go?" Simone asks, a slight blush on her face due to her lack of paying attention. "Some manner of force field, or denial field on the entrance. Niall seems to be the only one who can freely move around in there, at least as far as I can tell with the information I have." Simone says as she slicks water off of her suit with her gloved hands.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Halko » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:15 am

Percep: 64%=1d100 = 40
JIC: 1d20 = 19 1d100 = 48

Trap/Mine Detection 65%=1d100 = 54
Camouflage 65%=1d100 = 28

Doing his best impersonation of a security drone, Halko stands with his back facing the ruins entrance and continues to scan the surrounding area as they wait for Nova's radio message and portal to open.

He hears Helbrect's comment about Niall being the only one able to enter. Frak, if that's true, Niall should get the hell out of there. Officers! He shakes his head a bit as he keeps his eyes on the jungle in an attempt to keep the larger group from getting ambushed.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 549
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:19 pm

Ruins
Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: Day 55, 1230.25
Local Time: Night, appx. 2230.25
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Location: Chandrakant II, Temperate Region (night side)

Mission Directives: A.D.F. assets must maintain as much of a clandestine presence in-system as possible as the enormous Atorian ship is known to be active. While on the planet's surface, standard extraction protocols are in effect. If needed, the 1st SOG is to assist in the extraction of any units within operational distance. All units are scheduled to extract from the planet's surface and be on the Profit Motive by 1200 (Day 56) so as to prevent the imperial ship from detecting them. Failure to extract by this time will strand all units on the planet's surface for another 48 hours. The 1st SOG is to investigate the ruins and lend assistance to other assets in-system as they deem fit and according to their own priority assessment.

Halko stands with his back to the ruins entrance and continues keeping an eye on the surrounding area as the rest of the team investigates the ruins.

Niall calls out, "Team, at the second set of pillars, doorway to the east. Checking it out." As he reaches the door, he notices that the door is a bit higher than the water and that there is a submerged staircase leading up to the door. The door bears only some simple glyphs, and has no apparent mechanism other than a pair of solid, vertical handles on either side of the seam which indicates this to be a pair of retracting double doors. "And if either of you have the capability to record and transmit video, please get what you can of this structure. And...transmit the video to Ryden." Recognizing the nature of the mechanism, he slides open the doors with surprising ease. They practically float open such is the minimization of friction that's been engineered into the design. A large, wooden corner table with simple wooden chairs complementing it greet his vision. There are a bunch of what look like differently colored candles and some rolls of what looks like paper resting amid the thick dust atop the table.

Simone says loudly, "Well Crash, you're the only one who can get in it seems. So unless you want to wander around there by yourself for a while, could you look to see if there is some way to deactivate the security?" Simone steps out of the water and starts getting dry as she speaks to Ryden. "Where'd everyone go? Some manner of force field, or denial field on the entrance. Niall seems to be the only one who can freely move around in there, at least as far as I can tell with the information I have."

Corrigon says, "Give me a moment, don't want to risk unnecessarily setting off any traps," as he hunts up a largish tree branch before returning to the water in front of the door. Using it as a crude sensor to prevent any kind of mishap with unseen threats below the scummy water, he pokes the branch through the threshold into the water beyond. There's clearly a hard surface some feet below the waterline that's probably about waist deep. Moving forward a bit, the branch goes through the threshold, but his body encounters some sort of resisting force akin to a wall. It's a peculiarity akin to the effect when one puts a stick in water and sees the stick bend, knowing that the stick isn't actually bending, but it's just an optical illusion. This, however, was almost like a physical manifestation of that trick of the eyes: the stick goes past the threshold with no resistance, but his body cannot. He calls out, "This armor has an encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, but nothing in the way of sensors apart from a basic HUD. Let me ask Ryden if he has a handheld scanner or recording device." He hollers back over his shoulder, "Ryden, do you have a recording device of any kind?"

Ryden wades into the water pooled in front of the door, and calls back to Niall through his suit's amplifier. "I'm actually streaming all video from your HUDs and feeding it into a program that is constructing a three dimensional map from your visual and audio inputs, plus my own scans. Not to mention I am recording everything you do and say for intelligence to poor over when we get back. If the resolution is good, simply looking at something will record it for posterity. I'd enter, but there's no telling what the weight of even my Duskhound would do to this place. We'll have to pump the water out before we do more than a preliminary analysis."

Ruins Map Reveal
Image



Swamp
Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: Day 55, 1250.25
Local Time: Night, appx. 2250.25
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; heavy rain--seriously reduced visibility; 10' otherwise
Location: Chandrakant II, Temperate Region (night side) [30 miles/20 mins from ruins site]

Mission Directives: A.D.F. assets must maintain as much of a clandestine presence in-system as possible as the enormous Atorian ship is known to be active. While on the planet's surface, standard extraction protocols are in effect. If needed, the 1st SOG is to assist in the extraction of any units within operational distance. All units are scheduled to extract from the planet's surface and be on the Profit Motive by 1200 (Day 56) so as to prevent the imperial ship from detecting them. Failure to extract by this time will strand all units on the planet's surface for another 48 hours. The 1st SOG is to investigate the ruins and lend assistance to other assets in-system as they deem fit and according to their own priority assessment.
(I'll be ignoring any communication between groups as this group is twenty minutes ahead of the events going on at the ruins.)

Cairo radios Rosseyn, "Nova, there are a number of man-sized shapes in the area, the closest is at your 12 o'clock, the 2nd at your 10 o'clock. Cannot tell if they are friendly. If you light yourself up, you may get company, but I don't have that issue, so I'm going hunting." Cairo notes that the group of most distant heat signatures are to the west of Nova's position, and flies down and towards them ready to kill. In the heavy rain, at speed, Cairo's able to make out just enough of the vaguely (maybe) humanoid shape amid the dense foliage to determine it's unlikely to be an A.D.F. marine.
Unknown Contact
Image


Rosseyn yells up to Cairo, "Roger. Call out if you need me, Fang. I'll do the same." He then looks closely at the downed soldier in the force field bubble with him. It's a dead, flayed, Arismal male. He checks the swamp around the body for prints, but given that the mud in which he's standing is under over a foot of water, it's no good. The debris near the body is a mangled mess of detached skin, shredded and blasted bits of armor, and the lone insignia he'd already seen. Even the fellow's dog tags are missing. He drops his body field and takes off an armored gauntlet. Touching the blood-covered body, it feels slightly warmer than the ambient air temperature (which is fairly warm even at this late hour), so Rosseyn guesstimates the body's been here less than an hour.

Cairo swoops in silently towards the cluster of three targets, switches to his secondary weapons configuration then, with the three contacts in his field of vision, targets the center one and fires his War Dog's dual tri-beam lasers at it. It's a spectacular hit despite all the challenging conditions, but very unsatisfying to Cairo's warrior aesthetic. A rain of seared foliage from the lasers, a healthy volume of steam from the vaporized swamp water & dank vegetation, and a strange, light blue, fizzling aura of light surrounding the target are the only visual results of his excellent shot.

Something inscrutable happens amid the steam and foliage, but for a split second there's nothing but the hiss of steam amid the pounding rain. Fear suddenly washes over Cairo within the confines of his War Dog. His bowels suddenly feel loose, his skin immediately breaks out in flop-sweat, he can feel the hairs on the back of his neck prickle with goose flesh, and his breathing suddenly becomes rapid and shallow. Whatever the hell he just did, whatever thing he just awakened...he's suddenly terrified.

An array of lightning and red energy bolts flash all around the swamp. Cairo's able to juke one of the two blasts from in front of him, but a number of others catch him from where he can't see, can't react. There's a flash on his HUD about some internal system, but it's a pinpoint of information in a frakking lighshow. Cairo's momentarily stunned from the fear, for a brief moment he just seizes up as the swampy jungle around him erupts in energy blasts and what appears to be lightning. Nova's caught utterly flat-footed. At least half of those lightning bolts crack with tremendous force into his force field as well as some weird red energy bolts. He immediately slips his gauntlet back on and brings back up his personal body field. Cairo jukes two more blasts coming from the bunch of contacts in front of him, but his War Dog is rocked in the air by nearly a half dozen others. Cairo snaps out of it as he sees his HUD light up with red across the War Dog's digital outline. He fires his War Dog's dual tri-beam lasers at his initial target, scoring a good hit, then turns on his force disc to peel away, to get out of the center of this vicious crossfire. His target shoots back at him with some crazy lightning as it emerges in a rush from the foliage, but he's able to see & anticipate the shot, and jukes it without even thinking. His visibility is still shit, but Cairo's gods-frakking certain these are humanoids now that he's seen his target in the open. A pair of blasts from his left now hit his battered War Dog under its armpit, and the machine just seizes up on the disc, and his HUD goes suddenly dark. Another volley of plasma smashes into Rosseyn's force bubble and lays it low. Rosseyn thinks fast and pops back up another bubble. Now in a cold sweat of realization as well as fear, Cairo is suddenly thankful for his force disc and swings it back around towards Nova in time to see Nova raise his force field once more. No longer able to control the War Dog, it topples backward from the motion of the force disc nearly off of the force disc and into the swamp. CJ has presence of mind and reaction time just enough to extend the shape of his force disc to catch the machine as it falls. Unable to do more than steer his disc away from the overwhelming firepower, his force disc takes a beating as Cairo blindly jukes the disc about taking evasive maneuvers. Cairo powers through and with brute force gets the now defunct War Dog back under his personal control and gets it on one knee like a winded surfer. Though all its system are shot, and his torso protection a distant memory, it could still provide him some protection. Rosseyn's force bubble goes down yet again as the next barrage of red energy blasts brings it low. He sees Cairo's condition and direction and surmises the desperate plan he has in mind. Rosseyn leaves his force field down and hopes Fang can make it to him before they're both killed. He changes into pure energy, knowing neither of them had time for him to open a portal. Cairo and Rosseyn both take a couple more painful blasts as they soar into the air together and flee at top speed--for the moment, simply away from that frakfest, and eventually, back towards their starting point. Their one solace beyond escaping with their lives is knowing that they have captured video of the ambushers; Ryden could use it to figure out who or what they were, and how to kill them.

Last Moment View of Scene
Image


GM Note: Without contingencies (you're not psychic), I tried my best to intuit what the player characters would do under these circumstances given their abilities and posted intentions. You're both bleeding, but appear to have superior aerial mobility, so you can assume to have made a clean escape. You're also both bleeding from plasma burns, so considering the distance & time for the return trip, you might want to consider bandaging up somewhere en route.

Butcher's Bill
Cairo
    Cairo's War Dog
      -20 to Right Arm
      -180 to Right Leg +1 crit (destroyed)
      -220 to Left Leg +1 crit (destroyed)
      -740 to Main Body +2 crits (destroyed)
    -120 to force disc
    -250 personal S.D.C.
    Flight Suit destroyed
    --Bleeding: -3 H.P. per minute
Rosseyn
    -340 to 1st Force Field (fizzle)
    -300 to 2nd Force Field (fizzle)
    -200 to Body Force Field (fizzle)
    -60 to personal S.D.C.
    --Bleeding: -1 H.P. per minute
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 3746
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:42 pm

Perception [67%]: 1d100 = 2 [+15% in Space]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 9
JiC D100: 1d100 = 59

Conditions: Personal AR 12, Force Disc, Spectrum Vision

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1250/1450

Fleeing at speed in well-reasoned-terror lasts a few short miles before he calls over to Nova (as CJ's Disc slows and drops to ground-level), "Not sure what the fragg those things were, felt like a pack of Boarhounds trying to crawl up my backside, but we have the space. Open a portal back to the ship. It will be faster than flying back. I am going to drop my PA. That little ambush would not have gone well for anyone ... well anyone except Backlash. We need to collect him and just send him in to go all Infantry."

*Blood and ashes, I may have to borrow Halkos is he's not going to put it to use. But damnit!!! Getting it repaired is going to be a nightmare, unless Crash can repair this damn thing, and that will take days worth of his energy at best, if it can even be spared... Gods-damnit!?!*

If Nova opens a portal back to the Grifter, CJ will head through and begin to exit his Hellhound in obvious frustration.

He will then proceed to apply a few bandages to himself [First Aid 60%: 1d100 = 36] and Nova as necessary even though his hands seem to continuously shake. He takes a seat on the floor, not even bothering to find a chair or crate and sits head clasped tightly in his hands for a couple minutes, "That was a shit-ton of unnatural Lightning. Stronger than anything I have ever seen Crash throw too ... I, I am glad you made it Nova.

Assuming they are on the Grifter, CJ will change into the A.D.F. Heavy Armor from the Cargo Hold
Image ... grab his Assault Rifle and backpack with ammunition, and signal as ready to move out (either via Portal or Force Disc since he now is no longer carrying the Hellhound).
Last edited by Cairo on Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:56 am

Perception ☞ 36% 1d100 = 45

JIC 1d20 = 9
1d100 = 5

Conditions: Hovering

Simone wrote: "Well Crash, you're the only one who can get in it seems. So unless you want to wander around there by yourself for a while, could you look to see if there is some way to deactivate the security?"


Niall quirks his head, only half-hearing her as he surveys the new room.

"Umm... are you saying there's some kind of force field... that... er... is keyed to my healing power somehow?" He glances back the way he came in a moment of unease, before turning back to the room. So either this place is empty, or there's something in here designed to kill... specifically me.

"Okay, that's troubling. I'll look for a security terminal." Or a security... heiroglyph. With confirmation that his HUD is recording everything he sees, he makes a mental note to get a panorama of each room as he enters, for Ryden's recording, including ceiling and floor details.

Niall's curiousity, and the (potentially) false sense of security offered by being the only one who can get in, get the better of him, and he elects to explore further. He floats into the newly-opened room and turns a 360 before returning his attention to the table. "Getting all this, Brainiac? This room's elevated, maybe a foot? Two? Floor is dry." He looks at the candles and paper, and experimentally unrolls one of the papers for examination.

Examining the paper and the candles, Niall looks for any writing he can read. If CJ were here he could examine these in multiple wavelengths... But my mark-one eyeballs are going to have to do.

Examining the paper rolls
Literacy: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) ☞ 71% 1d100 = 73 (FAIL)
Literacy: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) ☞ 71% 1d100 = 60 (SUCCESS)
Literacy: Arismal ☞ 91% 1d100 = 34 (SUCCESS)
Lore: Alien ☞ 71% 1d100 = 4 (CRIT SUCCESS)
Intelligence ☞ 76% 1d100 = 1 (SPECIAL - to compare the scroll's contents to what he knows of Arismal religion or history, if applicable - CRIT SUCCESS)


If he sees inscriptions that seem religious or historical, he radios the team.

"Brainiac, please show these to Helbrecht and get her opinion."
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Simone Helbrect » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:30 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 68/40%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 4; 1d100 = 5
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.

Simone now out of the stairwell grabs one of the containers they had brought to carry samples. Sh flips it over and takes a seat on it to wait out the next few minutes of Nial's investigation. This sucks, an actual archeological find and of course I'm unable to go inside. Simone thinks while pulling out her datapad. Thumbing it on, she types a few observations about the location and the entranceway, before saving and tucking it back where she found it.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Corrigon » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:43 am

OOC Comments
Thought I'd posted more recently than this Oops

Perception 41% 1d100 = 40
JIC1d100 = 46 1d20 = 19

Augur wrote:Moving forward a bit, the branch goes through the threshold, but his body encounters some sort of resisting force akin to a wall. It's a peculiarity akin to the effect when one puts a stick in water and sees the stick bend, knowing that the stick isn't actually bending, but it's just an optical illusion. This, however, was almost like a physical manifestation of that trick of the eyes: the stick goes past the threshold with no resistance, but his body cannot.


Corrigon growls quietly at this, slightly annoyed. He waves the branch through the field futilely for a few seconds, waving it through the entire doorway, before kicking the field with his foot. He then bangs on it with his fist, hoping to get a reaction, preferably something visible.

Niall, can you get out in case of emergency? he calls out to his superior, "the field prevents us from coming inside, but we don't know if it prevents you from exiting. If not, we can try a few things. See if we can breach the field at all or figure a way to disable it."

At this point, Corrigon takes the advice that the team operates a lax structure off ship to heart and begins issuing orders/ideas/suggestions to the others on the outside, his mind whirling with potential plans and ideas of what to test.

"Simone, is there anything on the outside that can help us?" he turns to the despondent looking chaplain, trying to get her involved, "is there anything on the other sections that might hint of another way in or some more information that explains the field."

"Ryden," he stops himself saying sir, "can you analyse the field? Potentially, there might be a way to disrupt it or find where it is being generated from."

"Halko, can you absorb the energy of the field at all? Even if we only weaken it, that might be enough to get through." he asks the sergeant, "probably not, but could be worth a shot. If Rosseyn or Cairo were here, their abilities might have made this a lot easier."

Corrigon goes and finds a few stones or bits of debris which he can throw at the field. Pretty sure these will pass through, but at least it saves us ammo rather than just shoot at it. It looks like it prevents living matter passing through, or perhaps just organic material as it allowed the branch through.
Another idea came to mind
"Marines," he called over to their protection, "can any of you alter your form into a non-organic state at all?"
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:07 am

OOC Comments
The following occurred in a Roll20 session.


The roll of paper crumbles in Niall's hand as he lifts it. Frak. I should've known that would happen... back home, artefacts like this needed to be kept in hermetically sealed environments. He thinks briefly of Ro Shambo's stolen ancient texts, and how he'd surmised they were probably a forgery because they hadn't been kept that way.

At that, Niall turns and examines the rest of the room, which prove to be some kind of office. The desk bears some waxy blotter-like tablets and some inkpots. This whole area seems... somehow... pre-Industrial. But that doesn't mesh with the high tech door. Were they some kind of ascetic cult, I wonder?

Niall proceeds through the door to the east, into a mess hall-cum-food prep area. There are dishes and plates strewn about, and the long-decayed remnants of the last meal prepped here on a counter. "Left in a hurry, looks like." Through a door to the north he spies a berthing of sorts - 5 bunks against the walls, with a pair of mouldy chests. Niall examines the chests, and determines not only that they weren't locked, but that they were incapable of locking. Opening one, he finds the dessicated remnants of fabric and paper, which disintegrate at his touch. Communal living spaces. No locks whatsoever. Looks like a cult to me. "Getting this, Brainiac? No locks, anywhere. Lots of religious carvings. Smells like an ascetic cult. Maybe Helbrecht can identify if there were any cults that eschew personal property or technology."

As he turns to leave the room, he hears a muffled noise from the south, almost like the hissing of air through a hole. "Are we venting atmo?" He chuckles. "Some kinda noise... gonna keep looking. Looks like no one's home."

Niall proceeds back out through the living-suite and into the flooded chamber, hovering over the water, and turns to the south. At the south end of the room, he sees a large statue, weathered almost beyond recognition. He approaches closer to examine it, but all he can make out is that it's a god of some sort, and he's sneering. "Helbrecht? If you can examine the vids, try and ID this guy. Looks like he might be Setis or Iblis, but I can't make it out." Niall then turns to the east, where the passage turns.

Hearing the noise somewhat louder, Niall begins to get nervous. That noise could be anything Niall. It could... it could be geological: gas escaping from a crack in the foundation. It could be... uh... a crack or a chimney in the ceiling somewhere that leads to the surface, and the wind outside creates a vacuum. You only think it's creepy because you're on a dinosaur-infested alien planet by yourself in a crumbling flooded ruin that no one else can enter. He chuckles, despite himself. Stepping into the southern passge, Niall sees a stair leading up to a landing, with an alcove on one side and a door opposite. Niall sees something dark lurking in the alcove, and so unclips his vibroblade from his belt. Nerves, Niall... it's probably nothing... Hovering up the steps, he sees that the dark shape is, in fact, a statue to Zoot.

"Zoot! You scared me. Naughty Zoot." He smirks at himself. All right, Zeddeus. Scared of your own damn shadow now. There's nothing in this ruin to worry about. Stop being afraid of the boogeyman.

Turning to the door opposite, Niall enters to find a single-occupancy bedroom. "Cult leader? Someone high status stayed here. One bed, desk, and trunk... a nice one at that." Opening the trunk he finds more of the types of contents from the other room - in that they are badly decayed. Among these, however, are a decently-crafted pair of boots - the leather uppers dried and cracking, but the soles still in oddly good shape, the whole of them appearing to be handcrafted. "Nice boots. Again, pre-Industrial. Doesn't make sense... the tech on that door is really advanced. Why would they be walking around in hand-sewn boots?" A small, nagging voice in Niall's head notes: Unless the door is magic.

He chuckles again. "Note to self - Get an MRI and tox screen. Could be some toxic gas in here - I'm hearing a hissing noise that could be a gas fissure. Feeling fine, but... maybe a little more paranoid and perhaps a little dissociative?"

Niall, you said the quiet part out loud again.

Niall leaves the cult leader's chamber, and returns to the landing. From here, stairs descend to a double door. Niall attempts to muscle the door open, but only one side moves, so he squeezes through.

The room beyond is a large square chamber with an intricately carved floor - scribed in almost ritualistic patterns. All of the walls bearing bas-relief carvings. Four large pillars support the 12 foot ceiling, and a large statue of Altas dominates the north wall.

"You getting all this? Light's pretty dim, but the carvings here are amazing. And that statue..." As Niall looks at the looming statue of Altas, he feels drawn to it, and hesitantly begins floating in that direction.

Without warning, a figure emerges from a shadowy corner. Did it come from a hidden passage, an alcove? Or was it somehow part of the wall? It's a hulking, dessicated-looking alien, floating over the floor in a way similar to Niall, but without any apparent anti-grav harness. It's long, clawed arms end in tentacles that are, themselves, toothed at the end, like lampreys. Adrenaline courses through Niall's veins at the sight of it.

OOC Comments
Image


"Gah!" Juking behind a pillar, he takes aim at it with his super energy expulsion, and levels a blast at the creature. The blast hits, but fizzles out in a very familiar, Zed-like way. "Frak!" Without forethought, Niall jukes toward the statue of Altas, as the alien monster thing closes in on him, swiping with it's claws and tentacles. Desperately Niall tries to parry with his vibroblade as the creature tears at his armor. With a strength borne of desperation, Niall hews a mighty blow at the thing, which it clumsily ducks into, which sends the creature reeling. Niall jukes back toward the door, intent on escape.

"What the frak ARE you?" The creature, though, is fast - perhaps as fast as Niall, and it is on him before he can squeeze back through the partially opened door. Niall dodges as it lunges, and, like dancers, they change places. Niall pivots and stabs the creature in the back, which causes it - or him? - to howl in rage. At this distance, Niall sees that his cuts do not bleed; that his skin is dry like leather. The creature turns, slapping Niall's vibroblade out of his hand. As Niall stands, he sees the creature's leathery flesh knitting itself, regenerating.

Niall realizes that he's trapped himself in the room - the creature is between himself and the only exit, and he is now unarmed. The creature lunges for him before he can react, and grips him in a vice-like bearhug. Now well and truly panicked, Niall turns to reflex. He clenches his eyes tightly against the light, and glows like a miniature sun. The creature releases its hold and staggers back, blinking and disoriented. Niall lunges for his vibroblade and snatches it up. Peering into the corridor, he sees that the creature has wandered into the cult leader's chamber - he has a clear path to the door!

Niall jets through the passage, over the steps, and into the flooded chamber. He can see the exit! He zips toward the entrance, sees his friends silhouetted in the door. But something - some little, nagging voice - pulls at him, almost imperceptibly.

This place is mine. It's keyed to my powers. It's meant for me. The thought passes like lightning - in its wake Niall can't even be sure he thought it properly. But he finds himself circling around, and plants himself in the shadows near the corridor. Maybe I can ambush this... leathery... thing.

Then, Niall has a crazy thought. What if it's not alive? It's insane, but it makes a weird kind of sense. If the door is magic, and denies entrance to people, what could this thing have been living on? It hasn't been sleeping in the beds, eating in the mess hall. Niall remembers training his powers as a child.

Donnall looked at his little brother with pride. "Good job Niall... you really fixed that broken guitar string. Well done." Niall looked up at his older brother, beaming with happiness. "That's some power you got there kid. I've seen you heal your own nicks and bruises, and now fix things too. What else you got?" Although Donnall was in the upper grades at school he always made time for Niall, and today was no different. Niall looked up at his big brother sheepishly.

Donnall had always been like a god to him, tall and perfect. Everything he hoped to be when he grew up, but Niall was always less physical than his brother. He could see the difference in his parents' eyes when they looked at him, versus how they looked at Donnall - always proud, but a little less proud, always with love, but perhaps, a little less love. Donnall never looked at him with that blend of love and pity. Donnall was always there, always supporting him, teaching him, helping him grow. He wanted to make Donnall proud of him, more than anything.

Niall picked up the guitar from the table. "It's just an old toy..." he said, and Donnall looked quizzically at him. Niall focused his effort, and the guitar began to glow slightly, before vanishing into a pile of ash. Donnall's eyes boggled. "That's incredible, Ny! Can... you do that to living things?" he asked, a touch of fear in his eyes, perhaps. Niall shook his head. "No... just... things." He'd tried it on a bug once, to no effect. He thought about trying it on a small animal, but the thought turned his stomach.

Donnall shook his head in disbelief. "That works on wood... It probably works on anything organic or inorganic... as long as it's not alive. That's... really something else, Niall."


Niall floats by the corridor, resolute. If you're alive, this won't hurt you a bit. If you aren't... well, at least I'll know. Breathing heavily, Niall tries to hold his breath as he lays in wait. A shadow passes him, and he nearly lunges for it, but stops himself. Then, he sees the creature exit the corridor, enraged and clear-headed. Niall makes a desperate grab for the creature's arm, pumping his inner reserve of power into it.

He watches as the creature's leathery skin and sinew partially disintegrate under his touch, leaving his arm with a gaping chunk missing. As the creature howls in rage and pain, Niall's eyes narrow. "Got you."

The creature presses in, in an unrelenting assault driven by hunger, rage, and unknown madness. Niall attempts to parry with the vibroblade, once, twice, as he lunges out with glowing hand to give the creature the full force of his power, but misses. The creature slaps the vibroblade out of his hand once more, and it flies off and lands with a splash in the water of the main chamber. Parrying now with just his hands, Niall stands no chance, the creature tears through the chest plate of his armor, leaving his skin exposed, and claws a gaping gash into Niall's chest.

At the sight and smell of blood, the creature's eyes glow with a malignant hunger, almost a lust. Panicked, Niall lunges one last time, and hits the creature in the chest. Niall's inner reserve of power flows into the hollow creature, burning it from within, and it soon collapses into a pile of ash, it's roar of indignity echoing only briefly in the ruin. Niall looks down at the ash, and thinks of the look of pride in Donnall's eyes. Almost absently, he touches his own chest, using his his diminished but still vibrant inner strength to knit his wounds.

Breathing heavily, Niall feels pulled back to the statue of Altas. If there's any more of them, I know how to kill them for good, he thinks, as he approaches the giant metal figure. In Altas' outstretched hands it holds an ornate dagger, it's hands molded to fit the curves of the blade's grip. Niall looks, and sees that the dagger is not a part of the statue. He reaches out, and with some effort, frees the dagger from Altas' grip.

A feeling cascades over Niall - whether it comes from the blade, or from within, he doesn't know - but it is a swelling feeling, almost like a physical manifestation of how he felt seeing his brother's pride in him. Perhaps he was standing a bit straighter, chest puffed out a little more. Perhaps it was in his head, but as he catches his reflection in the glistening blade he thinks, for an instant, that Donnall's face is looking back at him instead of his own. He slips the ornate blade into a satchel on his harness, and makes his way back to the entrance, the glittering denial field now gone. He picks up his vibroblade from the water, and reclips it to his harness, before heading to the door.

Niall emerges to see Corrigon, Hellbrecht, Ryden and Halko, his squadmates. My family, He thinks. The 1st are my blood. He emerges from the structure, visibly a mess: his armor decimated, the chestplate almost completely gone, and totally worthless. His clothes beneath shredded and bloody, with splotches of ash, blood, dust, and muck speckling the rest of him. However, he seems like he's glowing from within. His face perhaps a bit more symmetrical, his posture more upright, his eyes a bit brighter, more intent. The change is subtle... but unmistakeable.

OOC Comments
Physical Perfection purchased via EP here.


He smirks at the others. "I shut down the field. Ran into some trouble. The situation's... normal." He chuckles and smiles a genuine smile, and those of you who've seen his picture of Donnall recognize the face immediately.
Last edited by Niall on Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:12 am

Swamp
Cairo and Rosseyn stop in a less swampy clearing a few miles distant from the ambush. Rosseyn opens a gateway back to the ship. They both hop through the portal and gear-up as they deem necessary. Cairo's War Dog is a total loss save for some salvageable parts the engineers back in the fleet will no doubt be happy to cannibalize. (Rosseyn, Cairo, this is your chance to change your gear on your sheets.) Once finished, Rosseyn opens up a new gateway back to the ruins site through which they travel to reunite with the other members of the 1st SOG.

Ruins
Conditions
Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: Day 55, 1300
Local Time: Night, appx. 2300
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Location: Chandrakant II, Temperate Region (night side)

Mission Directives: A.D.F. assets must maintain as much of a clandestine presence in-system as possible as the enormous Atorian ship is known to be active. While on the planet's surface, standard extraction protocols are in effect. If needed, the 1st SOG is to assist in the extraction of any units within operational distance. All units are scheduled to extract from the planet's surface and be on the Profit Motive by 1200 (Day 56) so as to prevent the imperial ship from detecting them. Failure to extract by this time will strand all units on the planet's surface for another 48 hours. The 1st SOG is to investigate the ruins and lend assistance to other assets in-system as they deem fit and according to their own priority assessment.
Niall's exploration into the ruins results in a confrontation with some kind of heretofore unseen creature, the acquisition of an interesting-looking weapon/relic, and a vast number of mysteries regarding what was found in the ruins. Simone is bored stiff until Niall's transmission starts relaying back images of scrolls, statues, and documents that all absolutely stink of an ancient Arismal religious order or something of the kind. The Marines respond in the negative to Corrigon's inquiry when he makes it, but minutes later it's a moot point anyway as Niall emerges bloody but absolutely beaming with triumph from the ruins and announces that the barrier which had kept them all out has fallen. It's at this time that an oval swirl of light emerges in the dark near the entrance to the ruins and the shimmering aspect of one of Rosseyn's gateways appears. Rosseyn and Cairo step through, the gateway closes, and the team is once again reunited.

Map Reveal
Image


What are your intentions?
Butcher's Bill
Cairo
    Cairo's War Dog--destroyed
    -120 to force disc
    -15 H.P.
    -250 personal S.D.C.
    Flight Suit destroyed
Rosseyn
    -340 to 1st Force Field (fizzle)
    -300 to 2nd Force Field (fizzle)
    -200 to Body Force Field (fizzle)
    -60 to personal S.D.C.
    --Bleeding: -1 H.P. per minute
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 3746
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:30 am

Perception ☞ 36% 1d100 = 3 (Crit. SUCCESS!)

JIC 1d20 = 14
1d100 = 66

When the portal opens and Nova and Fang walk through, Niall notes that CJ's no longer in his War Dog.

"Hey - Did you accidentally wear heavy armor when the invitation specifically said medium armor?"

He walks toward their position, his own armor and shirt shredded and bloody, though he himself is not obviously the worse for wear. If he notes that Nova and CJ are injured (see perception roll above; or if they tell him) he will casually touch their shoulders and heal what he can.

(-180 P.T.P to heal Nova 60 HP; - 45 P.T.P. to heal CJ 15 HP; - 93 P.T.P. to heal CJ 62 SDC. Zero P.T.P. remain)

If his Power Touch does not stop Nova's bleeding, he will administer on-the-spot first aid as appropriate.

First Aid 66% 1d100 = 76 (FAIL)
First Aid 66% 1d100 = 54 (SUCCESS)

Paramedic ☞ 56% 1d100 = 76 (FAIL)
Paramedic ☞ 56% 1d100 = 48 (SUCCESS)

"Really not interested in doing another field transfusion, guys."

Once done, he stands aside, his inner strength spent for now. "That's about all I can do at the moment. What'd you run into? Was it zombies?"

Because I think I might've killed a zombie...
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:20 pm

Perception [67%]: 1d100 = 54 [+15% in Space]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 10
JiC D100: 1d100 = 45

Conditions: Personal AR 12, Force Disc, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks]

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1200/1450

After pulling on a new flight suit and Armor, Cairo makes sure to download sensors and video from his wreck of a Hellhound. Although a bit uncomfortable and awkward in his newly acquired heavy ADF armor (16lbs isn't 'heavy' to someone who can carry 9,000, but it's thicker in some spots and probably has a slightly different 'feel'), he then checks the positioning on his harness and gear then nods to Nova, Ready to go.

Cairo takes a last look at Backlash's Wardog and reaches back behind/under it to pull out a Man-sized shadow cloak that he dons before he steps through Nova's Portal. Maybe we'll come back for that thing before we re-deploy to get our Marines. Maintaining distance firepower is a hell of a lot easier in a Wardog than with a STAR.

=== Ruins ===

Cairo steps out to the Ruins entrance curious to see if the others have had better damn luck, "So that was a fucked up little ambush. Brainiac we have some visuals for you to analyze. Not sure what happened because it took over 20 minutes to get there. When we touched down there was just a single body and the site was being watched from the surrounding area. Took them about 20 seconds to essentially obliterate my Wardog with Frakking Lightning!! I think I hate this magic stuff ... Really hope we can get some repairs in on that PA and salvage it."

Cairo makes no mention of incurring any injury and does not move as though injured or impaired. In fact he will not admit to any injury unless Nova points it out (and he will not wish to get any healing from Niall because he considers it a scarce resource better spent on folks who cannot regenerate).

In response to Crash, and the man's own condition, CJ chuckles and points over to the new girl, "She's not in Medium Armor either hehehe ... Besides, considering that you got tore-up-from-the-floor-up, you maybe should have brought 2 sets. Are you ok? ..."
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:06 pm

(Rolls carried over)

OOC Comments
If CJ refuses healing, that will leave Niall with 138 P.T.P.


Fang wrote:"So that was a fucked up little ambush. Brainiac we have some visuals for you to analyze. Not sure what happened because it took over 20 minutes to get there. When we touched down there was just a single body and the site was being watched from the surrounding area. Took them about 20 seconds to essentially obliterate my Wardog with Frakking Lightning!! I think I hate this magic stuff ... Really hope we can get some repairs in on that PA and salvage it."


At the mention of Magic, Niall instinctively jerks his head down to the satchel on his harness, where the dragonbane blade rests, though his eyes dart quickly back up to Fang. "Magic? Seems to be a lot of that going around..."

Fang wrote:"Besides, considering that you got tore-up-from-the-floor-up, you maybe should have brought 2 sets. Are you ok? ..."


Niall smiles. "You should see the other guy. I have a standard armor in the Grifter I can change into. No Antigrav, but it'll keep my parts where they belong I suppose."
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Corrigon » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:26 pm

Perception 41% 1d100 = 36
JIC 1d100 = 3 1d20 = 16

Corrigon finds his efforts to break through the forcefield in vain as he is forced to watch Niall through the HUD feed that Ryden has set up. This doesn't stop him from trying to find ways to break through to help Niall whom is obviously in danger, but to no avail. He felt helpless and was contemplating going back to base camp to get their ship to blast the field, when Niall is successful against whatever the creature was.

OOC Comments
Lore: Alien 57%+5% - 1d100 = 81 what is the creature?


When Niall exits the field, Corrigon breathes a sigh of relief, but Corrigon looks him over, as he notices that he looked quite different.

"Have you done something with your hair? he asks, winking, "I don't like it." he grins mischievously, glad that Niall was okay, but also concerned about the changes to him physically. What had the doctor said about genetic abnormalities.

"I've got a flight suit on the ship," he offers the previously shorter man, "Should fit you at a stretch.

Then a portal appears Nova and Fang

"What the frak? you were encased in power armour when you left."

Cairo wrote:Cairo steps out to the Ruins entrance curious to see if the others have had better damn luck, "So that was a fucked up little ambush. Brainiac we have some visuals for you to analyze. Not sure what happened because it took over 20 minutes to get there. When we touched down there was just a single body and the site was being watched from the surrounding area. Took them about 20 seconds to essentially obliterate my Wardog with Frakking Lightning!! I think I hate this magic stuff ... Really hope we can get some repairs in on that PA and salvage it."


As he learns what happened, he motions for the marines to be on the lookout, as he takes up a defensive position, tactical rifle up and ready. He did not want to be caught unawares.

"Any signs to be able to help spot them or at least get some warning?" he asks, keeping his eyes scouring the woods for sign of trouble, "Only one body? any sign of the other members of the squad?"


OOC Comments
Detect Ambush 57%+5% 1d100 = 47in case they are nearby
Intelligence 56%+4% 1d100 = 30 try and piece together from what clues there are what their plan is and where they might strike next
Lore: Alien 57%+5% 1d100 = 68 what has Corrigon heard about these creatures
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:38 pm

Cairo wrote:Perception [67%]: Original post: 1d100 = 54 [+15% in Space]
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 10
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 45

Conditions: Personal AR 12, Force Disc, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks]


HP: 262/262
SDC: 1200/1450

Corrigon wrote:"Any signs to be able to help spot them or at least get some warning?" he asks, keeping his eyes scouring the woods for sign of trouble, "Only one body? any sign of the other members of the squad?"


Cairo shrugs noncommittally, "I spotted them using the infrared spectrum. Do you have Thermal Imaging specs? Heavily armored humanoids, looked like they were wearing EBA or light Power-Armor, but it never showed up on my radar. I think we ran across a dozen or so, but dropped 2. Damn the rain. I'm not sure if we could have taken them all out, but I wish I had not kicked over to Lasers for stealth ... Might have gone differently if I had the railguns hot ..."

Within the privacy of his own helmet though, a whisper of doubt nags the back of his mind, Then again maybe not. Those things hit hard and I put 1 down, but he might have gotten back up. What we should do is send Backlash and I guess this ultra-girl Simone in to soak up fire. Me and Kid-Cockpit (Corrigan) take the Grifter up and provide true air-support with the turrets. Once Halko has them engaged, I'm sure we could put the fear of Altas into them from 2 miles out ... Motherfrakkers, it's going to take forever to get a new Wardog customized ... I wanna hang an Albatross around their fragging necks. Then I want to score some of those stupid guns and patch them into a new Wardog.

The PA Pilot takes a bit of time to study the image captures in the files sent over to Brainiac to try and discern what those Aliens were (or were not if there is a race that is similar but he can rule out (Toogarth, etc.))

Lore: Alien 85%:. EP Crit Success - - WTF were those things?
Intelligence 57%: EP Crit Success -- If he has heard of whatever they are, do they have standard powers/capabilities/known preferences or weaknesses

If he learns anything from his review of the footage, Cairo will advise the others of his findings.

OOC Comments
CJ Does have a couple sources of info that would put him beyond the scope of typical Arismal: 1) He was captured and held hostage/prisoner by Space Pirates for weeks after the destruction of the Planet (maybe 1 of the Pirates was a Riathenor, 2) He downloaded dozens of hours of past-season video footage from the Bloodsport Hippodrome (event video clips, etc.) on Grymdin and could have @ least seen a tale-of-the-tape type blurb on one of these things before [Name/Race/House/Class/Record/Etc ...] if not articles telling how they can be bugger-all difficult to put down (etc.)
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:06 am

Perception: 1d100 = 31/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 54

Conditions
SDC:
  • Personal (Energy Form): 59/119 SDC
Force Field SDC:
  • 1560/2400 SDC
ADF Standard Armor:
  • Helmet: 100/100 SDC
  • Left Arm: 100/100 SDC
  • Right Arm: 100/100 SDC
  • Main Body: 200/200 SDC
  • Left Leg: 150/150 SDC
  • Right Leg: 150/150 SDC
ADF Laser Sniper Rifle:
  • Ammo: 10/10 shots
Throwing Knives:
  • Ammo: 8/8 blades
Bleeding: -1 S.D.C./HP per minute


Cairo wrote:"Not sure what the fragg those things were, felt like a pack of Boarhounds trying to crawl up my backside, but we have the space. Open a portal back to the ship. It will be faster than flying back. I am going to drop my PA. That little ambush would not have gone well for anyone ... well anyone except Backlash. We need to collect him and just send him in to go all Infantry."

"They dusted your PA and chewed through my force fields like they were nothing. You're right. We're going to need more men." Feeling secure in the amount of distance covered, Nova opens a portal back to the Grifter.

Once back on board, Nova switches back to human form and lets Fang patch him up. "I went energy but whatever they had tore right through me. Armor's untouched."
Cairo wrote:"That was a shit-ton of unnatural Lightning. Stronger than anything I have ever seen Crash throw too ... I, I am glad you made it Nova.

Nova looks at Fang and gives him a thumbs up. "Back at you, Fang. Its not our time to cash out yet. We've still got a people to save."

Nova switches out his Slugthrower for the longer ranged Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol. He attaches a silencer, fills three magazines with ammunition and places them in his battle harness. Once he's prepared, he nods to Fang. "Back to the others." He opens a gateway and heads through it into the ruins.

Niall wrote:"Hey - Did you accidentally wear heavy armor when the invitation specifically said medium armor?"

"Cute. We're both bleeding. Fang did some quick patchwork but I could use a heal. What happened here?" Rosseyn says the last part while pointing to Niall's blood-covered shirt.

Once Niall patches him up, he will listen as Fang describes the ambush to the rest of the squad. "They got through three different forcefields in no time."
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 392
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Simone Helbrect » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:06 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 20/40%
Just in Case: 1d100 = 30; 1d20 = 10
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.


Anthropology 1d100 = 22/35% Pass (To analyze the Society that created this)
Astronomy 1d100 = 71/40% Fail (To ID any celestial events in the murals)
Lore: Alien 1d100 = 55/45% Fail (T ID what Aliens may have created this)
Psychology 1d100 = 26/60% Pass (To analyze the mentality of the Aliens who created the ruin)
Archaeology 1d100 = 55/45% Fail (To ID items of Archeological significance)
Literacy: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua) 1d100 = 14/55% Pass (To read things written in this language)



Simone sighs a sigh of relief when the anti-intrusion field goes down. Well I guess I can get to work. Standing up from her spot on the crates. Making her way back to the entrance, Simone dives right in making a circuit of the main chamber , making mental notes of interesting things to record. Once she's made her circuit, Simone makes her way into the side chambers and begins cataloging what she finds. "Gonna need some of those crates brought in."
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:44 am

Perception: 83%/1d100 = 7
JIC: 1d20, 1d100 = 13

Analyze Footage from Fang and Nova
Computer Programming 113%/1d100 = 82 - to pull particulars (height, estimated weight, basic description) from CJ's video. PASS by 31
Advanced Mathematics 128%/1d100 = 45 - to calculate height and weight based off visual clues and frames with Nova for reference. PASS
Lore: Alien 73%/1d100 = 99 - What are they? - CRIT FAIL
Detect Ambush 63%/1d100 = 48 - Analyze footage for clues about how they set traps and track prey
Analyze Ruins
Read Sensory Equipment 73%/1d100 = 62 - To get detailed scans of the structure to cross-reference for scale. PASS
Computer Programming 113%/1d100 = 57 - To reconstruct all footage and the environment from Crash and Simone's visors
PASS by 57


Ryden takes a few moments to take detailed point scans and then gets working on a model. Then as that renders, he begins doing the calculations for Fang and Nova. After that, he'll report his findings. 'What have we here...' "Findings incoming to your visors."
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:32 am

(rolls carried over)

Corrigon wrote:"Have you done something with your hair? I don't like it."


Niall looks quizzically at him. "Uh... yeah. There was a barbershop in there. Didn't you see it?"

Nova wrote:"Cute. We're both bleeding. Fang did some quick patchwork but I could use a heal. What happened here?"


Niall applies healing touch as described above. "This?" He gestures to his bloodied armor. "I... fought a thing in the ruin. I don't think it was a living thing, but it was biological. Or organic at any rate. It had toothy tentacles coming out his wrists... looked like kara-lampreys. Skin like old leather. I dusted it in the ruin - no remains, but we got vid of it."

When Ryden forwards the video from CJ and Nova's encounter, Niall tries to figure out what kind of alien they encountered, referencing his datapad's reference library if need be, to help identify specific racial abilities on display, and see if they are referenced by species in the footnotes.

Lore: Alien ☞ 71% 1d100 = 35 (SUCCESS)
Lore: Alien ☞ 71% 1d100 = 50 (SUCCESS)

Reference Library: Xeno-Biology ☞ 60% 1d100 = 53 (SUCCESS)
Reference Library: Xeno-Biology ☞ 60% 1d100 = 1 (CRIT. SUCCESS)

To Nova, he only adds, "Before I do anything else I need to swing by the Grifter and get my backup armor, ...with your permission. Maybe we can use the opportunity to press some of those Marines that were there into service."
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:25 am

Cairo wrote:Perception [67%]: Original post: 1d100 = 54 [+15% in Space]
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 10
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 45


Conditions: Personal AR 12, Force Disc, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks]

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1200/1450

CJ shakes his head at Nova and proffered healing by Crash, "Save your juice. Others can't Regen at my rates, make sure you hold something for emergency ..."

If Nova does not pop a Portal back to the Grifter for Crash, CJ manifests a Force Disc sized for 2 (~8ft across), "I'll fly you back. Nova can pop us a Portal so we can step back from the ship."

In transit he chuckles with grimly forced humor and asks, "Maybe you can spare a look at my damn Hellhound. See how foolish my hopes of repairs are ..."
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:18 am

(Rolls carried over)

CJ wrote:"Save your juice. Others can't Regen at my rates, make sure you hold something for emergency ..."


Niall nods. "Holler if you need it, though."

OOC Comments
The 138 P.T.P. previously allocated for healing Fang have been added back to Niall's P.T.P. reserves.


C.J. wrote:"I'll fly you back. Nova can pop us a Portal so we can step back from the ship...

Maybe you can spare a look at my damn Hellhound. See how foolish my hopes of repairs are ..."


Niall hops aboard the force disk. "Thanks... I could've tried sliding back, but I prefer not to go solo, even if it is just over the way, with aliens and dinos and carnivorous flora around."

Once at the Grifter, Niall switches into his Standard ADF armor. He examines the grim remains of Fang's PA, and declares it a lost cause. "The fleet can cannibalize it for parts, but that's beyond my skill to repair. You need a new one." He then returns to the group with Fang.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:15 am

Ruins
Conditions
Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: Day 55, 1310
Local Time: Night, appx. 2310
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Location: Chandrakant II, Temperate Region (night side)

Mission Directives: A.D.F. assets must maintain as much of a clandestine presence in-system as possible as the enormous Atorian ship is known to be active. While on the planet's surface, standard extraction protocols are in effect. If needed, the 1st SOG is to assist in the extraction of any units within operational distance. All units are scheduled to extract from the planet's surface and be on the Profit Motive by 1200 (Day 56) so as to prevent the imperial ship from detecting them. Failure to extract by this time will strand all units on the planet's surface for another 48 hours. The 1st SOG is to investigate the ruins and lend assistance to other assets in-system as they deem fit and according to their own priority assessment.


Appearing through a gateway with Rosseyn, Cairo says "So that was a fucked up little ambush. Brainiac, we have some visuals for you to analyze. Not sure what happened because it took over twenty minutes to get there. When we touched down there was just a single body and the site was being watched from the surrounding area. Took them about twenty seconds to essentially obliterate my Wardog with Frakking lightning! I think I hate this magic stuff. Really hope we can get some repairs in on that PA and salvage it."

Niall sees the sorry state Rosseyn is in and renders first aid sufficient to stop his bleeding. "That's about all I can do at the moment. What'd you run into? Was it zombies?" Niall pauses, "Magic? Seems to be a lot of that going around."

CJ chuckles and points over to the Simone, "She's not in Medium Armor either. Besides, considering that you got tore up from the floor up, you maybe should have brought two sets. Are you okay?"

Niall smiles in response. "You should see the other guy. I have a standard armor in the Grifter I can change into. No Antigrav, but it'll keep my parts where they belong I suppose."

Corrigon teases Niall a bit about his appearance then soaks in what Cairo has to say about their ambush. Corrigon motions for the marines to be on the lookout and takes a defensive position just in case. The two marines (about a hundred yards away) patrolling with the heavy weapon sight his motion and respond by panning the area slowly. There is no evidence of an ambush being imminent, but he surmises that the beings that ambushed Rosseyn & Cairo couldn't track them to their current position given their use of gateways. The beings match no description of anything he's ever heard of. He inquires of Cairo, "Any signs to be able to help spot them or at least get some warning? Only one body? any sign of the other members of the squad?"

Cairo shrugs noncommittally, "I spotted them using the infrared spectrum. Do you have thermal imaging specs? Heavily armored humanoids, looked like they were wearing EBA or light power armor, but it never showed up on my radar. I think we ran across a dozen or so, but dropped two. Damn the rain. I'm not sure if we could have taken them all out, but I wish I had not kicked over to lasers for stealth. Might have gone differently if I had the railguns hot." He's still utterly in the dark as to what those things were that ambushed Rosseyn and himself...and the marines. He doesn't even know how many marines have met the same fate.

Rosseyn, having been healed, finally responds. "They got through three different forcefields in no time."

Simone enters the newly cleared ruins and studies everything closely. She's almost positive that these ruins indicate the presence of an ancient Arismal culture though there's nothing which indicates or points to the Arismal homeworld in evidence. From the nature of the ruins, their layout, and the artifacts inside them, she figures this to be the retreat of a religious sect. That the iconography seems to be of an ancient Arismal heritage only confirms her suspicions. She notices that one scroll on a table in what appears to be a common area has been reduced to dust and fragments...she's nearly certain that would be the result of Niall stupidly assuming he could just pick up something so ancient and desiccated. For all the flooding in the main chamber, the other chambers are remarkably dry as though they'd been sealed away for centuries, perhaps millennia. Of particular interest are the statues, especially that of Atlas which is in excellent condition. Her past colleagues would have killed for such a pristine find.

Ryden does what he can with the data provided him by Cairo & Rosseyn. Their ambushers appear to be humanoids and quadrupeds, on average seven feet in either length or height, and perhaps upwards of four hundred pounds on average. They appear to be encrusted in armor which practically bristles with integrated weapon systems. He has no clue from their appearance just what they are, but he recognizes quite clearly that they set an obvious trap into which Rosseyn & Cairo blundered from a lack of humility and caution. He then gets to work creating a 3D model of the ruins based on data from Niall and now Simone. The physical model takes no time to collate, but the imaging overlays which will render the structure's appearance will likely take days to render with his onboard computer. This is a job better suited to shipboard systems.

Niall adds, "I fought a thing in the ruin. I don't think it was a living thing, but it was biological. Or organic at any rate. It had toothy tentacles coming out his wrists; looked like kara-lampreys. Skin like old leather. I dusted it in the ruin, no remains, but we got vid of it." he can't make heads or tails of what they things are, but he recalls freighter captains who worked with the family who'd made mention of tall tales from the space lanes of beings that engaged in piracy who kind of matched their description. Still, those were third hand tall tales, and so not terribly reliable.

Cairo flies Niall back to the Grifter so he can change, and assesses Cairo's power armor. "The fleet can cannibalize it for parts, but that's beyond my skill to repair. You need a new one."

Cairo considers what he saw and recorded of the things that ambushed himself and Rosseyn. Deduction is the key. Unfortunately, the A.D.F.'s relative isolation in their distant, rimward corner of the quadrant leaves most possible input factors outside their reckoning. Given the way they coordinated their actions, they certainly possess an intelligence. They're humanoid and bipedal, so that narrows things down further. They appear to use sophisticated technological weapons (plasma projectors and particle weapons) which implies a complex society, economy, and knowledge base, which implies a homeworld. They seem to utilize some kind of armor, but it almost seemed cybernetic in nature given that he could see what looked like flesh along with weapons and armor. They could just be a known race from within the A.D.F.'s scope of knowledge who are utilizing technology in ways the Arismal haven't seen before, or they could be another species they've yet to encounter. But their motivations are a mystery. Why here? Why the killing?
Cairo
Lore: Alien 85%:. EP Crit Success - - WTF were those things? -- Results above
Intelligence 57%: EP Crit Success -- N/A, edit marketplace post so you don't get charged.


What are your intentions?
Butcher's Bill
Cairo
    Cairo's War Dog--destroyed
    -120 to force disc
    -15 H.P.
    -250 personal S.D.C.
    Flight Suit destroyed
Rosseyn
    -340 to 1st Force Field (fizzle)
    -300 to 2nd Force Field (fizzle)
    -200 to Body Force Field (fizzle)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 3746
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Tori Kerrin » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:05 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 32 / 15%
JIC: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 67

Tori stands at the edge of the treeline for a long moment, trying to change mental gears. He's been so fixated on following traces of passage back to the LZ that he's neglected his comm attempts to raise anyone from the squad for a while. It had been...chaotic, for a while, and he'd found himself without any contact with anyone who had a mapped route back to the LZ. So, he'd had to do it the hard way, following their own trail out back and hoping to reunite with....

With those who are left. I know most of them got attacked when we were separated. …Damn it!

Stepping forward out of the tree line, Tori lets the shadows unfold from about him and hails the nearby Marines to the south on comms.

"Nightmare 3-2 Bravo, Private Kerrin," he identifies himself on the Company channel as he double-times it across the meadow. "Our squad got ambushed, who else has made it back?" Surely there has to be someone else. Yes, it had been chaos and death out there in the night, but...surely someone....
Image Pvt. Tori Kerrin
H.P.: 42/42
S.D.C.: 103/103
Auto Dodge: +10
Nightvision: 600'
Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

A.D.F. Marine Armor
A.R.: 18
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 150/150
--Arms: Left: 150/150 Right: 150/150
--Legs: Left: 300/300 Right: 300/300
--Main Body: 500/500
User avatar
Tori Kerrin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:52 pm
Location: HU2:G

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:14 am

Perception ☞ 36% 1d100 = 12 (SUCCESS)
JIC 1d20 = 15
1d100 = 82

Having donned his fresh armor, Niall grabs his Multi-Optic goggles from his footlocker and returns to the ruins with Fang to regroup with the team. This frakking planet, again. Every time it's something new. We'll see what Nova orders, but I feel we should just evac the surface of all Arismal and make our way to rendez-vous with the Valkyries, all surviving Marines in tow. But... I'm not the leader, and that's probably a good reason why I shouldn't ever be. Nova has a better head for this.

Back at the group, he checks in with Simone. "Got anything on this structure yet, Helbrecht? It reminded me of some of the old displays in the museums of pre-industrial art... What it'd be doing all the way out here boggles my mind though."

As Niall thinks about Cairo's descriptions of the attackers, he wonders if there isn't a better way than walking into their trap. Spotted in the IR spectrum... we could use ship's sensors to find them and blast them from the air, but they took out Nova's forcefields and CJ's PA, so we'd be risking our ship. Better strategy would be to draw them in to an ambush of our own creation, if we can. That'd require knowing their objectives, though, and we don't.

He turns to Nova. "Nova... any thoughts? I was thinking we could set up a choke point somewhere, use the natural topography to our advantage, and draw them in. I can light up the sky with a blast, and maybe they'd come investigate... Or should we just evac? Or... we could issue the evac order, set up the chokepoint to draw the enemy away from the LZ, and use that action to cover the Arismal returning to the ships." Or if anyone has a better plan... He looks around, expectantly, at the others, then back at Nova, awaiting orders.

A brief moment of panic flashes through his mind, before he can tamp it down. WHAT ARE YOU DOING? YOU'RE OFFERING YOURSELF UP AS BAIT! He shivers briefly at the thought, but says nothing.

He turns to Ryden. "Also... can you use CJ's HUD as a combat interface - let CJ "paint" targets for us, and feed it to our HUDs? Or... I have a set of multi-optic goggles - limited range, but with thermal imaging. We could network that into a HUD, Set up someone stationary as a spotter, and feed the data out to all the other HUDs."

Optic Systems ☞ 71% 1d100 = 34 (Can I export video data from Multi-optic goggles to a HUD - SUCCESS)
Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 91% 1d100 = 75 (How to package the data to a HUD to make it usable but not distracting - SUCCESS)
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Corrigon » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:49 pm

Perception 41% 1d100 = 73
JIC 1d100 = 37 1d20 = 14

Niall wrote:Niall looks quizzically at him. "Uh... yeah. There was a barbershop in there. Didn't you see it?"


"You do realise that you look physically different." Corrigon explains to Niall, as he raises an eyebrow under his helmet, "when you get chance, check a mirror or something. Can still tell its you, but not the old one. More of a new and improved you."

Cairo wrote:Cairo shrugs noncommittally, "I spotted them using the infrared spectrum. Do you have Thermal Imaging specs? Heavily armored humanoids, looked like they were wearing EBA or light Power-Armor, but it never showed up on my radar. I think we ran across a dozen or so, but dropped 2. Damn the rain. I'm not sure if we could have taken them all out, but I wish I had not kicked over to Lasers for stealth ... Might have gone differently if I had the railguns hot ..."


"Unless you think you could have taken down another ten with the railguns, Corrigon considers the possibilities, "then I doubt it would have made too much difference. You might have been able to bag another one or two, but considering the level of firepower they used and the protection that they blast through, I doubt it would have turned the encounter into a success. We should just be glad you got out alive and if you used gateways to get away, that should prevent them being able to track you...."

Corrigon is interrupted by a radio call

Tori Kerrin wrote:"Nightmare 3-2 Bravo, Private Kerrin," he identifies himself on the Company channel as he double-times it across the meadow. "Our squad got ambushed, who else has made it back?"


Corrigon looks at the rest of the SOG, slightly surprised
"Sounds like there is a survivor from that squad at least. Corrigon remarks though he would have been better not broadcasting his comms quite so loudly.
"Unless these things are also shapeshifters and know our frequencies, I think we need to bring this Private Kerrin for debriefing, but just in case he isn't exactly whom he appears. And if nobody has managed to yet, we should let the LZ know about these creatures so they can be on the lookout."

Provided an officer gives him the go ahead

"This is bravo-zero-zero-one, LC Malath Corrigon responds, moving into a jog towards the LZ, "Moving to rendezvous with you."
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:54 pm

Perception [67%]: 1d100 = 6 [+15% in Space]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 17
JiC D100: 1d100 = 87

Conditions: Personal AR 12, Force Disc, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks]

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1205/1450

Niall's diagnosis of the Hellhound is received in silent frustration but CJ nods and flies the pair back.

Wrapped in his cloak like a sliver of ethereal obsidian Cairo ponders the alien creatures currently seeking to displace Atorians at the top of his sh*tlist, Inanna and Tangarat!! What in the Cerulean Caverns are a dozen cyborgs doing hunting down our Marines here? ... and how do we put enough frakking firepower on them to drop them?

Pilot: Military Spacecraft: Small [116%]: 1d100 = 33 -- atmospheric capabilities of the Grifter
Read Sensory Equipment [100%]: 1d100 = 94 -- gauge effect of current weather on sensor accuracy

"If the junior-Flyboy can keep us steady, the [Geologic] Sensor Array on the Grifter is sensitive enough to handle scanning for their heat signatures out to 20 miles without any kind of issue ... Brainiac on sensors. If you want to light things up to try and draw them in, Nova might be the better choice since he can straight up fly. Combine him, Backlash, and say Helbrecht if she's as damn indestructible as she claims. Choose your ground, light it up with energy form ... If things go south, you can bolt through a Portal onto the ship, or back here to this cute little Bunker if that preferred. That would leave me and Crash on turrets. We maintain maximum weapons range in atmosphere about a Mile ... that will essentially put the firepower of a full squad of Wardogs, not just 1, in an air-support position for the ground crew. Those things showed up thermally just fine, so from a mile out, it's unlikely their ground-based weapons could hope to hit the Grifter. If they manage, we withdraw to 10 miles and you can fly or speed away"

Ship Weapons
AUGG Pg 174
Light Laser: Range 6 Miles
Light Rail Gun: Range 2 Miles
"The listed ranges are for space conditions, in an atmosphere, reduce the range for energy weapons by 90% and half for projectile weapons and missiles."

Cairo notes the arrival of the heavily armored Marine breaking the treeline, and nods to Corrigon as he grows the Force Disc to 10ftx10ft, "Hop aboard, no need to slog through 1/2 a mile of mud."

He will fly over to meet the Marine, hovering on a disc ~ 2 feet off the ground, "Ho there Marine. You injured? You alone?"
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Halko » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:34 am

Percep: 64%=1d100 = 48
JIC: 1d20 = 17 1d100 = 3

Halko falls back in when the others start showing up and describing what they have encountered. Though, after the mention of an ambush, he spins back around so that he's facing out from the group so he can keep a lookout. When this place certainly is an interesting mess. Frak I'm happy to for once have had the boring job of staring out at the greenery. Better than getting torn up by those damn spear traps in the Blood Sport arena.

After listening and a few moments of though, Halko speaks up, "Its possible that the trap wasn't even meant of us, or the other squad. We're on a planet filled with man eating plants and dinos. Big game and plenty of dangers. It could be we just stumbled in to a hunter's blind and after making short work of the first game to wander in, they used the meat to set up a lure. With what we know about the planet, those aliens aren't from here. I'm betting they are hunters, could be they see anything that's not them as game though." He glances back over his shoulder at the group to see if anyone is listening to him, then ends with his recommendation, "With the amount of firepower that small group put on you, I'd recommend that we call for a general evac rather than wasting resources we can replenish in an attempt to hunt them down."

With the reminder that Cj could only see the aliens in IR, Halko take a knee to steady himself and watch for movement as he waits for orders on what their next step is.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 549
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Tori Kerrin » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:31 pm

(Rolls Carried)

Tori is met partway across the field by the LC who had answered his hail -- a flyboy by his armour's badging -- and a second figure of unknown rank or division, due to being wrapped in a cloak of shadows that obviously works differently than his own does. Sailing up as they do on a disk of force, keeping fastidiously out of the mud, he makes a judgment call.

"No sir, not injured. I am alone; my squad was tasked to hunting the indigenous lizards for supplies, a herd of the beasts stampeded through our position without warning. We got scattered avoiding the charge, and then...something started picking us off when we were separated. Has anyone else from Nightmare 3-2 reported in yet, sir?" he inquires, keeping a tight reign on his tone of voice to prevent it from coming out sounding like a demand. Please let there be some news....
Image Pvt. Tori Kerrin
H.P.: 42/42
S.D.C.: 103/103
Auto Dodge: +10
Nightvision: 600'
Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

A.D.F. Marine Armor
A.R.: 18
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 150/150
--Arms: Left: 150/150 Right: 150/150
--Legs: Left: 300/300 Right: 300/300
--Main Body: 500/500
User avatar
Tori Kerrin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:52 pm
Location: HU2:G

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:44 pm

Cairo wrote:Perception [67%]: 1d100 = 6 [+15% in Space]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 17
JiC D100: 1d100 = 87


Conditions: Personal AR 12, Force Disc, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks]

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1205/1450

"About half an hour back, we received a distress call. Two of us responded to coordinates given in that distress call, and I got my Wardog blown out of the frakking sky." The force-disc enlarges to ~15ft and CJ waves the Marine up, "Hop aboard, it's better than leaving tracks all the way back. Did you fly partway back to break trail?"

If the Marine climbs aboard Cairo continues, "I'm CJ, this is Corrigan. Have not had any other survivors make contact to date. Let's get you back over to the ruins. Our C.O. Nova will probably have questions for ya, and Brainiac will likely want to tap your onboard recordings. That's an interesting looking rifle. R&D have you field testing?" As he inquires, the disc begins floating back towards the others.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Simone Helbrect » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:15 am

Perception: 1d100 = 44/40%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 12; 1d100 = 41
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor

Augur wrote:Simone enters the newly cleared ruins and studies everything closely. She's almost positive that these ruins indicate the presence of an ancient Arismal culture though there's nothing which indicates or points to the Arismal homeworld in evidence. From the nature of the ruins, their layout, and the artifacts inside them, she figures this to be the retreat of a religious sect. That the iconography seems to be of an ancient Arismal heritage only confirms her suspicions. She notices that one scroll on a table in what appears to be a common area has been reduced to dust and fragments...she's nearly certain that would be the result of Niall stupidly assuming he could just pick up something so ancient and desiccated. For all the flooding in the main chamber, the other chambers are remarkably dry as though they'd been sealed away for centuries, perhaps millennia. Of particular interest are the statues, especially that of Atlas which is in excellent condition. Her past colleagues would have killed for such a pristine find.




Archaeology 1d100 = 63/45%
Salvage 1d100 = 91/50%



Simone is disappointed when no one responds to her request. Sighing, Simone uses her unnatural speed to make a few trips to gather specimen cases. Simone then cautiously begins to move the artifacts to the case, packing each as she had been taught what seems many years ago. Once she has as much as she can pack away, she looks to the statues and considers if they are movable. If they are she'll test whether she is strong enough to lift them herself or if she'll need some help.

All in all once Simone has collected up her finds, she slowly brings them out of the temple, setting them where they'll stay dry, before looking to Rosseyn. Could I borrow one of your portals to put these into the Grifter, sir?"
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:23 am

Perception: 1d100 = 21/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 16

Conditions
SDC:
  • Personal: 79/79 SDC
Force Field SDC:
  • 1560/2400 SDC
ADF Standard Armor:
  • Helmet: 100/100 SDC
  • Left Arm: 100/100 SDC
  • Right Arm: 100/100 SDC
  • Main Body: 200/200 SDC
  • Left Leg: 150/150 SDC
  • Right Leg: 150/150 SDC
ADF Laser Sniper Rifle:
  • Ammo: 10/10 shots
Throwing Knives:
  • Ammo: 8/8 blades


Hunters taking down Marines. Wrist-tentacle creatures in the ruins. Potential evac of all forces planetside. This is a clusterfrak if I've ever seen one.

"We're not losing any more men. Crash, order all forces to pull back to the LZ immediately. We are getting off of this planet alive to report what we have seen. We can send as many squads as we need later to scour this planet and destroy whoever did this to our men. We're headed to assist the Valkyries. Backlash, help Helbrecht with those crates." Nova concentrates and creates a gateway between the ruins and the Grifter. "Let's get this loaded up ASAP." We didn't stand a chance here.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 392
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Corrigon » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:36 pm

rolls carried

Cairo wrote:"Hop aboard, no need to slog through 1/2 a mile of mud."


He hops up onto the floating disc, with a degree of nimbleness that surprised him, rifle still at the ready. Strange, I couldn't do that in boot camp.
“Since we know very little about these creatures, a lone soldier coming in could be one of them. You able to perform a scan on him on the electromagnetic wavelength? Guessing the heat signatures are different.” Knowing several of them have been ambushed puts Corrigon on edge.
Rather be slightly paranoid than lax in security



Tori Kerrin wrote:No sir, not injured. I am alone; my squad was tasked to hunting the indigenous lizards for supplies, a herd of the beasts stampeded through our position without warning. We got scattered avoiding the charge, and then...something started picking us off when we were separated. Has anyone else from Nightmare 3-2 reported in yet, sir?"


Corrigon looks at Cairo before answering.
“We haven’t heard from most of your squad;” he explains to the new arrival, “we were hoping you might know more.The LT here did encounter what was probably hunting your squad,” his voice was solemn, not wanting to say what happened as he wasn’t there, but also not wanting to get the Private’s hopes up. This he was happy to bump up the chain of command. "How did you get away from them?"
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Previous

Return to HU2 Galactic: Annals of the Sixth Atorian Expansion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest