Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

In the distant reaches of the Milky Way Galaxy, a race teeters on the brink of extinction as it is pursued by the relentless Atorian Empire. [Adventure forum.]

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Tori Kerrin » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:38 pm

(Rolls Carried)

Tori has by now learned one of the primary rules of the infantry soldier; take a ride when offered, there will be all too many opportunities when there's no choice but to hump it later. Kicking the worst of the mud from his exosuit's feet, he hops up on the disk of force.

The perks of being an officer.

"Yes, sir, field testing from R&D," he confirms, hitching one shoulder to indicate the large, exotic rifle clamped to his back. "That's also more or less how I stayed clear of the enemy when things went to hell," he goes on, answering the queries that have been put to him. "I'm assigned Scout Sniper track, and we were to be testing the rail gun on soft targets; these dinos were ideal. I was set up a ways from the rest of my squad, and so didn't have to leave an obvious trail to get out of the way of the stampede like the rest." Kari? Gran't? If you guys are alive, we'll figure out our issues. Just...be alive, okay?

"I also Shadow Meld, sir," he goes on, continuing his report to the Lieutenant. "They didn't have much of a chance of knowing I was around unless I stumbled into them or they could tap our comm frequencies." Given that he did make it back, he doesn't think the latter is likely.

"No sir, I did not fly when returning. We didn't take any measures on the way out, and I followed the same trail back in." He's not particularly eager to divulge just how new of a Marine he is; Advanced Fieldcraft and Nagivation are still courses he's not yet had a chance to benefit from.
Image Pvt. Tori Kerrin
H.P.: 42/42
S.D.C.: 103/103
Auto Dodge: +10
Nightvision: 600'
Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

A.D.F. Marine Armor
A.R.: 18
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 150/150
--Arms: Left: 150/150 Right: 150/150
--Legs: Left: 300/300 Right: 300/300
--Main Body: 500/500
User avatar
Tori Kerrin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:52 pm
Location: HU2:G

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:57 pm

Ruins
Conditions
Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: Day 55, 1400
Local Time: Night, appx. 0000
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Location: Chandrakant II, Temperate Region (night side)

Mission Directives: A.D.F. assets must maintain as much of a clandestine presence in-system as possible as the enormous Atorian ship is known to be active. While on the planet's surface, standard extraction protocols are in effect. If needed, the 1st SOG is to assist in the extraction of any units within operational distance. All units are scheduled to extract from the planet's surface and be on the Profit Motive by 1200 (Day 56) so as to prevent the imperial ship from detecting them. Failure to extract by this time will strand all units on the planet's surface for another 48 hours. The 1st SOG is to investigate the ruins and lend assistance to other assets in-system as they deem fit and according to their own priority assessment.


An A.D.F. marine emerges from the jungle and identifies himself as Private Kerrin. Corrigon moves to intercept the marine as he approaches their location. The lance corporal and the private exchange some basic interrogations as per field protocol which enables them to relax a bit from their state of tension. Neither party is hostile. Meanwhile, Cairo and Niall finish their business in the Grifter after a few minutes and return to the ruins site. Cairo hears the commotion caused by the newcomer over the radio, drops Niall off at the ruins to confer with Simone, then heads over to the two enlisted men's position to offer a ride.

At the ruins site, Simone discovers that the huge statue of Atlas and the other large statue in the main hall are simply too huge to fit inside the Grifter. The Liberty class transport back at the LZ should be able to handle those two specimens, but everything else she's able to either cart off as physical specimens (losing yet another scroll in the process despite the extreme care with which she treats the artifacts) or else take thorough digital images of with the help of Ryden's technical finesse. Halko, Niall, and Ryden confer with Rosseyn as to what their next course of action should be as Simone gets her strong hands dirty.

After a brief exchange, the marine survivor is brought to the ruins site via Cairo's force-sled, and the First SOG is officially introduced to the escaped marine.

Rosseyn takes in all the suggestions, considers the cost and benefits, the risks and rewards, and comes to a sober conclusion. "We're not losing any more men. Crash, order all forces to pull back to the LZ immediately. We are getting off of this planet alive to report what we have seen. We can send as many squads as we need later to scour this planet and destroy whoever did this to our men. We're headed to assist the Valkyries. Backlash, help Helbrecht with those crates." He creates a gateway between the ruins and the Grifter. "Let's get this loaded up ASAP."

What are your intentions?
Butcher's Bill
Cairo
    Cairo's War Dog--destroyed
    -120 to force disc
    -15 H.P.
    -250 personal S.D.C.
    Flight Suit destroyed
Rosseyn
    -340 to 1st Force Field (fizzle)
    -300 to 2nd Force Field (fizzle)
    -200 to Body Force Field (fizzle)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4050
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:31 am

Perception [67%]: 1d100 = 10 [+15% in Space]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 14
JiC D100: 1d100 = 64

Conditions: Personal AR 12, Force Disc, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks]

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1205/1450


Tori Kerrin wrote:"Yes, sir, field testing from R&D," he confirms, hitching one shoulder to indicate the large, exotic rifle clamped to his back. "That's also more or less how I stayed clear of the enemy when things went to hell," he goes on, answering the queries that have been put to him. "I'm assigned Scout Sniper track, and we were to be testing the rail gun on soft targets; these dinos were ideal. I was set up a ways from the rest of my squad, and so didn't have to leave an obvious trail to get out of the way of the stampede like the rest." ... "I also Shadow Meld, sir," he goes on, continuing his report to the Lieutenant. "They didn't have much of a chance of knowing I was around unless I stumbled into them or they could tap our comm frequencies." .... "No sir, I did not fly when returning. We didn't take any measures on the way out, and I followed the same trail back in."


As they glide back towards the ruins, Cairo will continue to chat with the new fellow, "Nice. The Tac Rifle's only got a range of 500ft, what's your prototype good for?" whatever answer he gets, CJ nods subtly "Picked up a FAR assault style rifle on our last trip, it's good out to around 2,000ft but that's [his] extraordinary ... Nothing wrong with not engaging your jets for flight. More than 1 way to skin a Frill-Cat, if there's a chance you were being followed by too many enemies then having the fire-glow of boosters can give you away."

"How many others were in your Unit? Did you have any Fliers? Was everyone in Marine armor? What were their names? You guys have any War Dogs that were left back on the the Deliverance? ... We caught 1 radio transmission, maybe you can ID the voice." The Disc glides up to the Ruins entrance at better than a march, but not quite a run as CJ's mind is more focused on the conversation.

========

Rosseyn wrote:"We're not losing any more men. Crash, order all forces to pull back to the LZ immediately. We are getting off of this planet alive to report what we have seen. We can send as many squads as we need later to scour this planet and destroy whoever did this to our men. We're headed to assist the Valkyries. Backlash, help Helbrecht with those crates."


Within his helmet CJ's jaw drops and he sighs in exasperation though instantly thankful that his Mic is closed, *Inanna and Tangarat!! For a man so famously without fear, he's just constantly having us run from everything. Won't let us go back and kick those things' asses. Didn't want to put down Zed. We're in a near constant state of retreat with this guy. He froze up when the distress call came in, now he's going to give up the Planet. We know where they are now, next time we might not know until they're breaking into our ships.*

Motioning with one shadow-veiled hand Cairo gestures at the heavily armored Marine for Nova's attention, "Survivor from that ambush here. If there's 1 there could be more. You just want to bail? Leave any other survivors to be hunted down by those things at their leisure? Take us within weapons range at least ... Let the ship scanners fly-by and see if we can bring any more or our own home."
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:05 am

Perception ☞ 36% 1d100 = 13
JIC 1d20 = 7
1d100 = 43

Ego wrote:"You do realise that you look physically different. When you get chance, check a mirror or something. Can still tell its you, but not the old one. More of a new and improved you."


Niall cocks his head at this, and remembers seeing the flash of his reflection before, and thinking, for the briefest of moments, he was looking at his brother. Another mutation? Another... latent power manifesting? "Thank you, Malath. I will."

Nova wrote:"We're not losing any more men. Crash, order all forces to pull back to the LZ immediately. We are getting off of this planet alive to report what we have seen. We can send as many squads as we need later to scour this planet and destroy whoever did this to our men. We're headed to assist the Valkyries. Backlash, help Helbrecht with those crates. Let's get this loaded up ASAP."


Thank Altas. Niall nods, and opens his comm to all Arismal frequencies.

"All forces, this is Ell-Tee Niall Zeddeus of the 1st SOG. Your orders are to fall back to the LZ and prep for Evac immediately. Say again, fall back to LZ and prep for Evac. Over."

Niall then moves to help Helbrecht transport the crates from the ruin, as necessary, as he monitors his radio for any distress calls from Arismal forces planetside.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Tori Kerrin » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:12 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 66 / 15%
JIC: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 95

Cairo wrote:As they glide back towards the ruins, Cairo will continue to chat with the new fellow, "Nice. The Tac Rifle's only got a range of 500ft, what's your prototype good for?" whatever answer he gets, CJ nods subtly "Picked up a FAR assault style rifle on our last trip, it's good out to around 2,000ft but that's [his] extraordinary ... Nothing wrong with not engaging your jets for flight. More than 1 way to skin a Frill-Cat, if there's a chance you were being followed by too many enemies then having the fire-glow of boosters can give you away."

"How many others were in your Unit? Did you have any Fliers? Was everyone in Marine armor? What were their names? You guys have any War Dogs that were left back on the the Deliverance? ... We caught 1 radio transmission, maybe you can ID the voice." The Disc glides up to the Ruins entrance at better than a march, but not quite a run as CJ's mind is more focused on the conversation.


”R&D specs the RG-15X at ten times the effective range of the Tac Rifle,” Tori dutifully reports. ”I haven’t had the opportunity to test that myself, however.” The comment about flying and tactics is just that, not a question, so he remains silent on the matter.

”We were two fire teams,” he goes on in response to the interrogation into his unit makeup, and gives the other five names as dispassionately as he is able; colleagues, friends, rivals or potential mates, they’re likely all lost to him now. ”No fliers, standard Marine kit; we don’t usually employ War Dogs, I don’t believe we had any. Sorry, sir.” Idiot Second Louies; why the hell would Marines be issued War Dogs?

”I’ll do my best to identify any recordings you might have,” he adds dutifully.

Cairo wrote:Motioning with one shadow-veiled hand Cairo gestures at the heavily armored Marine for Nova's attention, "Survivor from that ambush here. If there's 1 there could be more. You just want to bail? Leave any other survivors to be hunted down by those things at their leisure? Take us within weapons range at least ... Let the ship scanners fly-by and see if we can bring any more or our own home."


Tori doesn’t interject his opinion into the officer squabble, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have one. Most of the people he is closest to in the world since everything else was wiped out have just been hunted down and killed like dogs; he is more than ready to load up with as much firepower as possible and deal out some payback.

Nobody kills Marines with impunity; nobody.
Image Pvt. Tori Kerrin
H.P.: 42/42
S.D.C.: 103/103
Auto Dodge: +10
Nightvision: 600'
Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

A.D.F. Marine Armor
A.R.: 18
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 150/150
--Arms: Left: 150/150 Right: 150/150
--Legs: Left: 300/300 Right: 300/300
--Main Body: 500/500
User avatar
Tori Kerrin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:52 pm
Location: HU2:G

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Corrigon » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:58 pm

rolls carried

Augur wrote:Rosseyn takes in all the suggestions, considers the cost and benefits, the risks and rewards, and comes to a sober conclusion. "We're not losing any more men. Crash, order all forces to pull back to the LZ immediately. We are getting off of this planet alive to report what we have seen. We can send as many squads as we need later to scour this planet and destroy whoever did this to our men. We're headed to assist the Valkyries. Backlash, help Helbrecht with those crates." He creates a gateway between the ruins and the Grifter. "Let's get this loaded up ASAP.


Niall wrote:"All forces, this is Ell-Tee Niall Zeddeus of the 1st SOG. Your orders are to fall back to the LZ and prep for Evac immediately. Say again, fall back to LZ and prep for Evac. Over."


Corrigon hears this at the same time as Cairo and the new arrival and his jaw also drops at this order. Abandoning possible survivors just like that. I get protecting whom is left, but there sounds to be a good chance of survivors. After all, they only found one body.

"Sir, permission to speak freely sir," he says formally to Rosseyn. The fact that he was making it formal was because he feels that he was about to argue with a superior officer.

Cairo wrote:Motioning with one shadow-veiled hand Cairo gestures at the heavily armored Marine for Nova's attention, "Survivor from that ambush here. If there's 1 there could be more. You just want to bail? Leave any other survivors to be hunted down by those things at their leisure? Take us within weapons range at least ... Let the ship scanners fly-by and see if we can bring any more or our own home."


Guess he's not waiting for permission.

"Certainly can be done," Corrigon agrees, "too few of us left just to abandon possible survivors."
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:01 am

Cairo wrote:Perception [67%]: Original post: 1d100 = 10 [+15% in Space]
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 14
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 64


Conditions: Personal AR 12, Force Disc, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks]

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1205/1450

Tori Kerrin wrote: ... ”We were two fire teams,” he goes on in response to the interrogation into his unit makeup, and gives the other five names as dispassionately as he is able; colleagues, friends, rivals or potential mates, they’re likely all lost to him now. ”No fliers, standard Marine kit; we don’t usually employ War Dogs, I don’t believe we had any. Sorry, sir.”


"Too damn bad, could have used a replacement since I am presently trying not to bleed all over inside my spare armor hehehe" he trails off with a gallows chuckle.

Corrigon re Ship Scanners wrote:"Certainly can be done," Corrigon agrees, "too few of us left just to abandon possible survivors."


*1 victim located, 1 survivor without a mark on him, that means 4 more out there. Would be good to know if we had any able to change to alter into stone or whatever ... Need to get personnel files in from Lt. Commander Misra's on the Deliverance, before Nova orders us off this rock.*

"If we can get a bit of elevation, we have 200 miles of range off the Geologic Sensor Array, about 6 times what we'd need to survey the ambush site in clear weather" The PA Pilot's voice is clipped as his thoughts wander, *Not that there would necessarily have been a damn ambush if someone had not insisted on flying in like a frakking spotlight in Energy Form that could be seen for 5 minutes before we touched down ... We'll never know how much smoother things would have gone if I'd just gone up and started pegging things from ½ a mile with some actual damn stealth like this Marine fellow, having Portals could have been useful though.*

Whatever Rosseyn's response, CJ's force disc evaporates (dropping anyone still riding the last 2-inches onto the ground) and he shrugs before descending into the Ruins, in search of the source of the prior energy [Gamma/Cosmic] that he had seen radiating off the doors as sealed. "Marine, if you can, come find me when Nova's done with you."

If he is unsuccessful tracking down the source of the odd energy, CJ will move over to examine and possibly attempt to lift the statue of Altas as it seems to be something Simone was interested in taking, *Not sure why ... it seems to be in a damn safe space.* If he cannot easily carry the damn thing out (it weighs more than 6,000lbs), he will not strain and hopefully get an assist from that new Marine guy

Capacity
Max. Carrying Weight: 9,000 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 12,000 lbs.


*** If Pvt. Kerrin ends up coming over, Cairo will put a few questions to him over the course of the process of moving the statue
...
[*] "How long were you and your squad here on Chandrakant?"
[*] "How many others came down on the Defiance?" (It's a 1000ft ship, seems unlikely there were only 10 people to hunt for enough meat to fill it [known so far: Captain +1, 2 Marines on Patrol of LZ, and 6 Marines including Kerrin] )
[*] "Has it been damn raining like this the whole time?"
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Halko » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:19 pm

Percep: 64%=1d100 = 64
JIC: 1d20 = 11 1d100 = 2

Halko offers a sharp nod as his suggestion is taken and orders are given. Turning to Simone, Halko says, "Come on Boxie, lets get whatever you need packed up and on the transport. I'm about fraking tired of this planet for the second time around. At least this time its Fang's Wardog that got torn to drek."

Halko does as instructed as he helps pack the artifacts at the ruins, carrying the crates through the portal and onto the Grifter. Once onboard, Halko straps everything down, making sure to leave space for the new guy to sit. Atmo transit and gods knows what else at that huge Brushhead ship. I hope some of this survives being moved.

As he's moving the packed artifacts from the ruins, Halko speaks up, "With my powers, I would be pretty safe to go scout out for other survivors. We'd only be risking one man at that point and you know I can take a hit. And if they capture me, I can always blow myself up then rush back here when my body reforms." He continues to heft the crates onto the Grifter, "Its your call boss." He says to Nova.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:05 am

(rolls carried over)

Corrigon wrote:"Sir, permission to speak freely sir,"


Niall says to Ego, "We don't stand on protocol, especially in the field. Speak your mind."

Corrigon wrote:"Certainly can be done, too few of us left just to abandon possible survivors."


Niall looks nonplussed. "Who said we're abandoning anybody? Did you not hear me just now call for retreat and evac on all channels? Let the units respond - we'll take care of anybody pinned down. Give 'em a chance to respond."

This enemy's got them so rattled, they'd go haring off into the woods in search of lost Arismal and get themselves killed in the process. There's got to be an order to these things, or we'll end up needing rescuing ourselves.

Halko wrote:"With my powers, I would be pretty safe to go scout out for other survivors. We'd only be risking one man at that point and you know I can take a hit. And if they capture me, I can always blow myself up then rush back here when my body reforms."


Niall nods, his nerves frayed as he waits for a response, any response, from any surviving Arismal. If anyone responds, we can coordinate, rescue people we know to be alive instead of hunting for survivors in a metaphorical minefield. If no one responds, we can attempt to search for lifesigns or survivors...

Halko has a point though - he'd be able to survive an ambush, at least. He looks at Nova, ready for orders.
Last edited by Niall on Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Tori Kerrin » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:14 am

(Rolls carried)

Tori frowns at the squabbling going on amongst the brass. At least the intent isn't to simply leave anyone behind, but....

He's banking an awful lot on everyone being able to respond on demand. Abruptly, he steps forward.

"Private Tori Kerrin, Nightmare 3-2, sir," he introduces himself to the Lieutenant. He's about to take the man at his word about not standing on protocol in the field. "And what about forces that are out of range to respond with their suit comms, or otherwise incapacitated?" He's working hard to keep the emotion out of his voice, no matter how justified it might be.
Image Pvt. Tori Kerrin
H.P.: 42/42
S.D.C.: 103/103
Auto Dodge: +10
Nightvision: 600'
Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

A.D.F. Marine Armor
A.R.: 18
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 150/150
--Arms: Left: 150/150 Right: 150/150
--Legs: Left: 300/300 Right: 300/300
--Main Body: 500/500
User avatar
Tori Kerrin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:52 pm
Location: HU2:G

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:32 am

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD

Tori wrote:"Private Tori Kerrin, Nightmare 3-2, sir," he introduces himself to the Lieutenant. He's about to take the man at his word about not standing on protocol in the field. "And what about forces that are out of range to respond with their suit comms, or otherwise incapacitated?" He's working hard to keep the emotion out of his voice, no matter how justified it might be.


CJ nods within his helmet, not that the action is discernible given his shadow cloak, Suit comms are limited to 12 Miles, so unless Crash goes back to the Grifter to re-broadcast, or Brainiac is boosting his signal, that little 'bug-out' message ... all frequencies or not, was a whisper in a proverbial storm.

The PA Pilot opts not to chime in since his point has already been made and instead continues trying to hunt down the source of energy projection he had seen before, Between gamma & ... what folks colloquially call cosmic ... Odd to find, and if this is as old as New-girl and Crash apparently seem to think, then the power's been 'On' for thousands of years. That's a resource of some kind.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:07 am

Conditions
Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: Day 55, 1430
Local Time: Night, appx. 0030
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Location: Chandrakant II, Temperate Region (night side)

Mission Directives: A.D.F. assets must maintain as much of a clandestine presence in-system as possible as the enormous Atorian ship is known to be active. While on the planet's surface, standard extraction protocols are in effect. If needed, the 1st SOG is to assist in the extraction of any units within operational distance. All units are scheduled to extract from the planet's surface and be on the Profit Motive by 1200 (Day 56) so as to prevent the imperial ship from detecting them. Failure to extract by this time will strand all units on the planet's surface for another 48 hours. The 1st SOG is to investigate the ruins and lend assistance to other assets in-system as they deem fit and according to their own priority assessment.


Arguments at the Ruins
Military units use specific radio frequencies for specific units that are generally known only to those members of that unit and their controllers (such as the 1st SOG's own channel), specific frequencies for certain types of operations that are well known to all involved in that type of operation (such as "Control" for landing/launching from a ship), and a handful of frequencies known to absolutely everyone for a few specific purposes (such as distress frequencies used in search & rescue). Niall switches to the secure SUPOP (Supply Operations) channel and broadcasts his message, he then switches over to the secure distress channel and repeats that message. "All forces, this is Ell-Tee Niall Zeddeus of the 1st SOG. Your orders are to fall back to the LZ and prep for Evac immediately. Say again, fall back to LZ and prep for Evac. Over."

He's immediately responded to on the SUPOP channel. A stern, female voice which broadcasts both authority and disciplined professionalism. "Misra, all units, belay that order. Misra, Zeddeus, we are jumping back to the fleet at 1200 tomorrow. Contact me on SUPOP1 in the red, immediately, lieutenant." Once switched over to the channel, Misra lays into Niall. "Lieutenant, just who the frak gave you authorization to issue orders to units in my AO?" (Area of Operation) "The 2nd SOG and a marine squad are still out there hunting up supplies for the fleet who are under orders from the fleet's captains--which includes me."



Cairo can't find a trace of that strange emission around or in the ruins anymore, and there's no sign of any thing within the structure that would generate such an emission. More information is shared by the marine survivor. Tori's squad came down on the Deliverance joined by the 2nd SOG and a pair of marines who were tasked with establishing a safe perimeter around the Deliverance. It has been raining pretty steadily since he arrived. It's presently just a steady rain, but periodically the rain does get intense enough that visibility is seriously impacted. Everyone puts in their own opinions as to what should be done regarding possible survivors, the unknown threat that's somewhere out in the jungle, and other aspects of their current predicament. Rosseyn (NPC'd here) assigns Cairo, Halko, and the new private to help Simone in transporting the remaining artifacts to the Deliverance as the Grifter simply didn't have the necessary capacity for these relics of their ancients heritage. In the meanwhile, he'll consult with Ryden about logistical concerns, consider their options, and confer with Captain Misra.




Moving Massive Artifacts
Simone, and Jerric quickly figure out that the two largest statues will require every bit of their combined strength as well as that of Cairo and Tori to move...and will definitely not fit on the Grifter. The Deliverance, however, should suffice just fine. The remarkably well preserved statue of Atlas is a bit smaller and lighter than the other, more eroded statue. The four manage to support the statue under Simone's direction to where it won't break, and proceed to transporting it from out of the ruins. Making it out the double main doors requires them to practically duck-walk with the statue across their backs, and that's challenging enough, but proceeding across the rain-soaked clearing to the Deliverance is a slow-going affair. With all the weight upon their shoulders, the four Arismal quickly find themselves walking through waist-high mud and fighting against all that added resistance in addition to the sheer weight of the statue upon their shoulders. It's exhausting, grueling work, but with a half an hour, they stand with the statue at the nose of the Deliverance waiting for the cargo doors to lower. When they do, they're greeted by a stern, unamused woman wearing a blue star on a gray ribbon above her left breast.
Image
"The Deliverance can accommodate three hundred and ninety-four tons of cargo. I already have approximately two hundred tons of 'cargo' distributed between bays one and two which have made the interior of my ship both look and smell like an abattoir. That looks to weigh about six tons given the strain on your faces and the relative apparent strength of your party. Is it made of protein? If not, I fail to see why you're bringing it aboard my ship. Explain yourselves." She crosses her arms and stands at the foot of the ramp like a statue herself.


Remember: Your character cannot be in all places at once. Try to limit the scope of the affairs in which you involve your characters.
What are your intentions?
Butcher's Bill
Cairo
    Cairo's War Dog--destroyed
    -120 to force disc
    -15 H.P.
    -250 personal S.D.C.
    Flight Suit destroyed
Rosseyn
    -340 to 1st Force Field (fizzle)
    -300 to 2nd Force Field (fizzle)
    -200 to Body Force Field (fizzle)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4050
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Tori Kerrin » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:27 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 68 / 15%
JIC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 32

Assigned to artifact retrieval, of all things, Tori tries to put out of his mind all the things that could yet be happening to any surviving members of his squad while the brass fought it out amongst themselves. Being used purely for brute force isn’t exactly a taxing load on his military training, but neither is it unusual.

Hell; most Navy pukes seem to think that brute force is all Marines are good for anyhow. Like they’re so subtle with ship-emplaced weaponry.

His Marine exoskeleton makes the job at least doable rather than punishing, multiplying his carrying capabilities a couple of times over. It only helps so much with slogging through the muddy meadow, however, and by the time they arrive at the Deliverance he’s filthy to the eyebrows his armour doesn’t possess.

Their greeting is...well, while unexpected, not as much of a surprise as it should have been. Silly me, expecting this to have been cleared with ship crew ahead of time.

Released of his burden, he takes a moment to just breathe before unlimbering the prototype rail gun and turning his back on the ship to assume a sentry position. Regardless of how much the Navy officers want to argue with one another, it’s still his job to provide planetside security.

Detect Concealment: Looking for signs of concealed observers. 1d100 = 48 / 35%
Image Pvt. Tori Kerrin
H.P.: 42/42
S.D.C.: 103/103
Auto Dodge: +10
Nightvision: 600'
Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

A.D.F. Marine Armor
A.R.: 18
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 150/150
--Arms: Left: 150/150 Right: 150/150
--Legs: Left: 300/300 Right: 300/300
--Main Body: 500/500
User avatar
Tori Kerrin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:52 pm
Location: HU2:G

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:40 pm

Perception [67%]: 1d100 = 54 [+15% in Space]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 18
JiC D100: 1d100 = 45

Conditions: Personal AR 12, Force Disc, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks]

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1235/1450

Cairo sets the Altas statue down deftly at the approach of the Officer, grateful for the rain that hopefully has washed off a bit of the detritus he had picked up marching through the mud, This spot of field seems compacted enough that at least this last bit didn't drive me calf-deep into the ground with every step due to the weight. After all, if they can drop the Deliverance here, that thing weighs like 1,000,000 lbs and it doesn't look like it is sinking.

Military Etiquette [110%]: 1d100 = 28 -- proper chain of command

He offers a polite greeting to the Captain, "Captain Misra? I am Lt. Xanreyes of the First SOG. Our unit was ordered to investigate yonder ruins. Lt. Commander Ridatharen ordered us to haul this thing over due to its <cough> cultural significance Ma'am, after all according to our dear Chaplain this is an honest to Vinayaka statue of Altas. It is unfortunately not made of protein. If the Deliverance can accommodate 394 tons of cargo and you have 200 tons aboard, we can tuck this in a corner for you because it doesn't smell, and if you come close to being full, we will carry this thing back before you lift off tomorrow ... in addition to the statue though it seems we might be the bearers of news on your field units."

An audibly heavy sigh escapes CJ but he continues if invited to do so, "I am not sure of the nature of communications you have had with LC Ridatharen or if LT Zeddeus had further discussions with you as we were moving this thing over, however your Marine Detachment, Nightmare 32 was ambushed about 30 miles out. 2 of us were able to get out to their coordinates and attempt to rescue, that was unfortunately unsuccessful because we were ambushed by a dozen unknown hostiles bearing heavy weapons, 1 survivor hoofed it out on his own, 1 was dead on arrival, 4 appear MIA. My understanding is that LC Ridatharen hopes to pull forces back to avoid further losses. If I might inquire Captain, have you had recent contact with the 2nd SOG? If you have heard from anyone else, we will saddle up and head to assist anyone who needs extraction, and if you have a Wardog aboard that's not spoken for, the last remnants of mine are plasma welded into my backside from trying to assist with the prior extraction ... "

If permitted to stow the statue, Cairo thank the Captain before hefting the thing once more (with Tori's assistance likely), and moves it to as unobtrusive a location as possible to be secured.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Corrigon » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:35 pm

Perception 41% 1d100 = 75
JIC 1d100 = 88 1d20 = 10

Niall wrote:Niall looks nonplussed. "Who said we're abandoning anybody? Did you not hear me just now call for retreat and evac on all channels? Let the units respond - we'll take care of anybody pinned down. Give 'em a chance to respond."


Actually, it sounded like orders were to bug out Niall, but I'll take your word for. Corrigon thinks, but knows not to say that.

"Understood." Corrigon responds, "perhaps I might be better served prepping the Grifter? That way I can get the sensors ready for a sweep to find these things. And that way prevent any more deaths. "Firepower on the Grifter is more than most of us can generate and if we stay relatively low and use non-energy weapons, we can avoid detection.


Seeing the size and weight of the statue, Corrigon is glad he did not have to carry it. Instead, if not ordered to prep the Grifter, he will maintain watch in case of trouble. He kisses his locket for luck before he joins the perimeter walk.

OOC Comments
Detect Ambush 57% 1d100 = 53
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:55 am

Perception ☞ 36% 1d100 = 76
JIC 1d20 = 17
1d100 = 19

LCDR. Misra wrote:"Misra, all units, belay that order. Misra, Zeddeus, we are jumping back to the fleet at 1200 tomorrow. Contact me on SUPOP1 in the red, immediately, lieutenant.... Lieutenant, just who the frak gave you authorization to issue orders to units in my AO?" (Area of Operation) "The 2nd SOG and a marine squad are still out there hunting up supplies for the fleet who are under orders from the fleet's captains--which includes me."


Niall's gut twists up at this not-completely-unexpected reaction from Lt. commander Misra. She's calling herself a captain now? He shares a look with Nova, sighs, and answers her on comms.

"Lieutenant Zeddeus, Lieutenant Commander Misra. We are responding to a developing situation on the ground. There are hostile, unknown alien forces that went through the 3-2 Marines like it wasn't even there - only one survivor. We attempted to interdict them, and they went through successive layers of Arismal forcefields and a Wardog like they were tissue paper, despite not having any identifiable heavy weapons. Lt. Ridatheren felt it was prudent to reposition our operation, and I agree with him, given the overall priority of preserving Arismal lives in anticipation of the battle with our real enemy, the Atorians. Respectfully, I feel we can move our resupply operation five or six hundred miles, avoid the hostiles, and still fulfill mission directives, ma'am. At a minimum, a tactical regroup would allow us a headcount and to share information on the enemy without worry of compromised communications."

Military etiquette (EP Crit Success)
Invoke Trust ☞ 94% 1d100 = 12 (SUCCESS)

That's only a slight bending of the truth - I think Nova actually intended to vacate the planet, so I hope he can forgive me. Better to compromise, I feel. I mean, what's more important, Arismal lives, or some tasty dino-burgers?
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Halko » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:47 pm

Percep: 64%=1d100 = 41
JIC: 1d20 = 4 1d100 = 40

Trap/Mine Detection 65%=1d100 = 73

Halko takes a deep breath after depositing the statue of Atlas. When the Lieutenant Commander appears, Halko turns away quickly to avoid either her or CJ from seeing the grin on his face and busies himself clearing the muck off his armor.

When he sees Kerrin starting to move away and patrol the area, Halko hurries over to the man, "Hold up Marine. I'll give you a hand while the," he glances back to CJ and the Lieutenant Commander, "Officers make whatever arrangements they need to make. I'm Backlash by the way. Fleet Infantry."

He brings his STAR to the ready at his shoulder and he scans the perimeter, but continues to talk to Kerrin, "We had a Marine with us not to long ago but he got pulled from the unit to go make babies. He isn't powered but it sure was neat when he pulled the head off a Atorian cyborg." Halko gives Kerrin a lopsided grin, wondering if the man will bite at the story.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Simone Helbrect » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:18 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 37/40%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 79
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor

Augur wrote:"The Deliverance can accommodate three hundred and ninety-four tons of cargo. I already have approximately two hundred tons of 'cargo' distributed between bays one and two which have made the interior of my ship both look and smell like an abattoir". That looks to weigh about six tons given the strain on your faces and the relative apparent strength of your party. Is it made of protein? If not, I fail to see why you're bringing it aboard my ship. Explain yourselves." She crosses her arms and stands at the foot of the ramp like a statue herself.


Simone frowns. "Ma'am, Corporal Helbrect. When I was attached to this unit, I was tasked to find if there were any correlations between the ancient ruins on this site and those of our lost world. What we have found here is an unprecedented connection from our home world and possibly this one. Now don't get me wrong, I understand the need of food, but having been also onboard the Opportunity with Commander Daalman, I know that another important thing our people need is faith." Simone gestures to the statue. "Can you imagine the morale boost that finding artifacts of lost Arismal will have on the fleet. I think it will keep us moving even if food is low." Simone continues.

"Now I can't tell you what to do. Though I do hope you consider my words. Ma'am."
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Tori Kerrin » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:54 am

(Rolls held)

Tori pauses as he’s hailed by the Sergeant, falling in with the other man as instructed.

Baby duty? So, the breeding programs are beginning already. He ruthlessly drags his thoughts away from his personal opinions on that particular matter and focuses on the conversation.

”Wouldn’t expect anything less of a Marine, Sergeant,” he replies crisply. ”Anyone not capable of such an act gets sent to Fleet Infantry instead.” You know...garrison duty and station security, important and dangerous jobs like that.

He knows that sniping at these people isn’t the best career option, but in a way its something that gets ingrained into the Marine psyche; it’ll be a hard habit to break.
Image Pvt. Tori Kerrin
H.P.: 42/42
S.D.C.: 103/103
Auto Dodge: +10
Nightvision: 600'
Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

A.D.F. Marine Armor
A.R.: 18
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 150/150
--Arms: Left: 150/150 Right: 150/150
--Legs: Left: 300/300 Right: 300/300
--Main Body: 500/500
User avatar
Tori Kerrin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:52 pm
Location: HU2:G

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:18 pm

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD

Simone Helbrect wrote:Simone frowns. "Ma'am, Corporal Helbrect. When I was attached to this unit, I was tasked to find if there were any correlations between the ancient ruins on this site and those of our lost world. What we have found here is an unprecedented connection from our home world and possibly this one. Now don't get me wrong, I understand the need of food, but having been also onboard the Opportunity with Commander Daalman, I know that another important thing our people need is faith." Simone gestures to the statue. "Can you imagine the morale boost that finding artifacts of lost Arismal will have on the fleet. I think it will keep us moving even if food is low." Simone continues. "Now I can't tell you what to do. Though I do hope you consider my words. Ma'am."


*Hehehe an Army marches on its stomach Simone, can't recall the last time I rolled over in the morning anxious to get myself a nice steaming bowl of Faith!!!* a kitschy advertising jingle begins playing in his mind, Mmmm Faith, now with all the thrill of abstinence hehehe ... No offense All-Father but you've got a trickster son and dropped the ball on protecting us a couple months back so until I start seeing some freaking wins in our column I think we need a bit more Setis. Maybe Nova could use a bit more Innana, sometimes it feels like the thing Mr.-Fearless is least afraid of is running the frak away.*

The PA Pilot grins within his shadow-cloaked helmet but outwardly opts to support New-girl with a wry-sounding, "Indeed <Rank> Misra, if the old tales are true, then ill-luck often follows those who spurn the Gods."
Last edited by Cairo on Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Halko » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:45 pm

[rolls held]


Halko keeps his eyes on the perimeter as he chuckles at the less experienced soldier, "Did I mention it was with his sister?" He chuckles again, "Bodean was a unique individual. Now keep your eyes open just in case those things that ambushed you make it back to us here."

Halko pans his rifle back and forth as he looks out over the landscape, "At one point in time I was the only enlisted man in this unit but somehow all those officers managed to get us through. We've been all over since the fleet formed. If you wanna see some drek it could be fun to have another enlisted man along. Maybe you could tag along until we report back to the fleet. At the very least, another man to watch my back would be good."
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Tori Kerrin » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:42 am

(Rolls held)

Tori wonders for a moment just what would happen to the military if it didn’t have Sergeants to tell Privates to keep on doing what they are already doing.

”Yes, Sergeant,” he replies. The other man’s ignoring of his barb had been Sergeantese for ‘I’m not going to get into this with you, Private’, which in the end is only proper give the disparity in their ranks and branches of service; Tori takes the rebuke for what it is.

Sister? Well, given the state of our race, I imagine there’ll be quite a few taboos that will need to get shoved aside in the name of survival.

”Marines are an odd breed,” is all he says on the subject, his acknowledgement of the cease-fire.

He thinks hard and furious on the idle-seeming suggestion that he join up with the 1SOG. He knows the Sergeant’s comment is at least partially hyperbole, as the entire group of four that had carried the statue over are, in fact, all enlisted. But he also understands his point; a chaplain isn’t exactly someone who ‘has your back’, generally speaking.

While Marines are usually on the tip of the spear, as it were, that is generally with regards to combat situations. As he understands it, the Special Operations Groups are the first in in all sorts of situations, where anything can happen...or be discovered. This time it’s religious artifacts; next time, it could be advanced alien tech to give whomever finds it a significant edge in the war they’re finding themselves in.

Something to make sure one’s entire squad doesn’t get wiped out like so much garbage.

”As you say, Sergeant, I’m just enlisted; it’s hardly my call,” Tori replies, his deliberations not taking very long. ”I’m not going to turn down an opportunity to be on the front of things, though. And I’m...sort of missing a berth at the moment, too.” Though he tries to keep his voice level, that last bit comes out inarguabley...grim.
Image Pvt. Tori Kerrin
H.P.: 42/42
S.D.C.: 103/103
Auto Dodge: +10
Nightvision: 600'
Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

A.D.F. Marine Armor
A.R.: 18
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 150/150
--Arms: Left: 150/150 Right: 150/150
--Legs: Left: 300/300 Right: 300/300
--Main Body: 500/500
User avatar
Tori Kerrin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:52 pm
Location: HU2:G

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:13 am

Conditions
Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: Day 55, 1445
Local Time: Night, appx. 0045
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Location: Chandrakant II, Temperate Region (night side)

Mission Directives: A.D.F. assets must maintain as much of a clandestine presence in-system as possible as the enormous Atorian ship is known to be active. While on the planet's surface, standard extraction protocols are in effect. If needed, the 1st SOG is to assist in the extraction of any units within operational distance. All units are scheduled to extract from the planet's surface and be on the Profit Motive by 1200 (Day 56) so as to prevent the imperial ship from detecting them. Failure to extract by this time will strand all units on the planet's surface for another 48 hours. The 1st SOG is to investigate the ruins and lend assistance to other assets in-system as they deem fit and according to their own priority assessment.

At the Ruins
Corrigon maintains watch over the ruins site while Niall gets on the comms to speak with the captain of the Deliverance. Meanwhile, Rosseyn and Ryden seem to be consumed in a private discussion between themselves out of earshot of the others.
Niall wrote:"Lieutenant Zeddeus, Lieutenant Commander Misra. We are responding to a developing situation on the ground. There are hostile, unknown alien forces that went through the 3-2 Marines like it wasn't even there - only one survivor. We attempted to interdict them, and they went through successive layers of Arismal force fields and a Wardog like they were tissue paper, despite not having any identifiable heavy weapons. Lieutenant Ridatheren felt it was prudent to reposition our operation, and I agree with him, given the overall priority of preserving Arismal lives in anticipation of the battle with our real enemy, the Atorians. Respectfully, I feel we can move our resupply operation five or six hundred miles, avoid the hostiles, and still fulfill mission directives, ma'am. At a minimum, a tactical regroup would allow us a headcount and to share information on the enemy without worry of compromised communications."

Niall's communique receives a very delayed response. After a few minutes, he receives a reply. "Deliverance, Lieutenant Zeddeus. I've just spoken with your comrades and been apprised of the situation. The three-two marines were the active detachment for this operation. Without them in an operational status, there's no further purpose for the presence of the Deliverance." There's a pregnant pause before she continues. "The mark of leadership is to know when to cut one's losses, lieutenant. These aren't the only personnel we've lost on this resupply operation. All the ship captains were aware of the dangers inherent in this mission and felt certain we'd lose some people. That there's another dangerous x factor on this planet simply changes the calculation in a matter of degree, not kind. A relocation of the sort you're proposing increases risk of detection with no discernible gain given the loss of our marine unit. If there are any survivors remaining from the three-two, they have until lift-off to make contact. Intra-atmospheric flight must be minimized to reduce our odds of detection. Godspeed, lieutenant. Deliverance, out."

At the Deliverance
Tori & Jerric engage in some low-level verbal skirmishes while engaging in force protection. The pair of marines on patrol supplement their force protection posture, and there's no sign of anything being amiss in the area surrounding the Deliverance.

Captain Misra wrote:"The Deliverance can accommodate three hundred and ninety-four tons of cargo. I already have approximately two hundred tons of 'cargo' distributed between bays one and two which have made the interior of my ship both look and smell like an abattoir. That looks to weigh about six tons given the strain on your faces and the relative apparent strength of your party. Is it made of protein? If not, I fail to see why you're bringing it aboard my ship. Explain yourselves."
Cairo wrote:"Captain Misra? I am Lieutenant Xanreyes of the First SOG. Our unit was ordered to investigate yonder ruins. Lieutenant Commander Ridatharen ordered us to haul this thing over due to its cultural significance ma'am, after all, according to our dear chaplain, this is an honest to Vinayaka statue of Altas. It is unfortunately not made of protein. If the Deliverance can accommodate three hundred ninety-four tons of cargo, and you have two hundred tons aboard, we can tuck this in a corner for you because it doesn't smell, and if you come close to being full, we will carry this thing back before you lift off tomorrow. In addition to the statue though, it seems we might be the bearers of news on your field units. I am not sure of the nature of communications you have had with Lieutenant Commander Ridatharen, or if Lieutenant Zeddeus had further discussions with you as we were moving this thing over, however your Marine Detachment, Nightmare thirty-two, was ambushed about thirty miles out. Two of us were able to get out to their coordinates and attempt to rescue. That was unfortunately unsuccessful because we were ambushed by a dozen unknown hostiles bearing heavy weapons. One survivor hoofed it out on his own, one was dead on arrival, four appear MIA. My understanding is that Lieutenant Commander Ridatharen hopes to pull forces back to avoid further losses. If I might inquire Captain, have you had recent contact with the Second SOG? If you have heard from anyone else, we will saddle up and head to assist anyone who needs extraction, and if you have a War Dog aboard that's not spoken for, the last remnants of mine are plasma welded into my backside from trying to assist with the prior extraction."
Simone wrote:"Ma'am, Corporal Helbrect. When I was attached to this unit, I was tasked to find if there were any correlations between the ancient ruins on this site and those of our lost world. What we have found here is an unprecedented connection from our home world and possibly this one. Now don't get me wrong, I understand the need of food, but having been also onboard the Opportunity with Commander Daalman, I know that another important thing our people need is faith. Can you imagine the morale boost that finding artifacts of lost Arismal will have on the fleet. I think it will keep us moving even if food is low. Now I can't tell you what to do. Though I do hope you consider my words. Ma'am."
Cairo wrote:"Indeed, Captain Misra, if the old tales are true, then ill-luck often follows those who spurn the Gods."


Captain Misra remains standing like a statue as she listens to the reports of the two SOG members. The Captain squints perceptibly as Simone makes her argument as she issues a rhetorical question. "You ever consider officer's candidate school, Corporal Helbrecht? You've got the silver tongue of an officer." As Cairo explains what's happened, however, her arms drop to her sides, and she loses a bit of her imposing posture. "That changes everything, lieutenant. With the marine squadron no longer being viable, the Deliverance serves no operational purpose in this area of operations. Load everything of value you can. I'll issue a recall of the Second SOG. We'll lift off as soon as extraction is complete." She reaches up to touch an unobtrusive earpiece. "Deliverance, Marine Escort, continue force protection. Second SOG will be en route to ell-zee. First SOG engaging in local retrieval operations. Departure will proceed upon recall completion. Deliverance, out." She looks back to those gathered at the base of the loading ramp. "You have until the Second SOG returns to get what you can aboard. Sorry, lieutenant, but this isn't a warship, the Deliverance doesn't carry any powered armor. I'd suggest you all get busy in anticipation of getting the frak off this miserable planet." In the distance, one of the pair of marines can be seen to offer up a faintly visible salute of acknowledgement directed towards the Deliverance. She keys her earpiece and walks away engaging in what sounds like an active verbal sparring match with the leader of the Second SOG.


Conditions
Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: Day 55, 1515
Local Time: Night, appx. 0115
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Location: Chandrakant II, Temperate Region (night side)

Mission Directives: A.D.F. assets must maintain as much of a clandestine presence in-system as possible as the enormous Atorian ship is known to be active. While on the planet's surface, standard extraction protocols are in effect. If needed, the 1st SOG is to assist in the extraction of any units within operational distance. All units are scheduled to extract from the planet's surface and be on the Profit Motive by 1200 (Day 56) so as to prevent the imperial ship from detecting them. Failure to extract by this time will strand all units on the planet's surface for another 48 hours. The 1st SOG is to investigate the ruins and lend assistance to other assets in-system as they deem fit and according to their own priority assessment.


Half an hour later, there's still no contact with the 3-2 marine detachment, and everything of any value, a handful of ancient scrolls collected by Helbrecht, a couple statues, some relief carvings from the interior of the ruins, and a couple dozen tons of slaughtered and crated carcasses remaining on-site, have been loaded onto the Deliverance. Rosseyn, Ryden, Cairo, Simone, Corrigon, Jerric, Niall, and Tori all find themselves around the Grifter watching as a person suddenly appears directly behind in front of the Deliverance near its loading ramp. A large crate rests on the ground beside the person, appearing with him at the exact same moment he pops into view. A few seconds later, he vanishes only to reappear again with another crate beside the first. This goes on for a few minutes until he next reappears with a handful of other people, disappears, and reappears yet again with more people. In all, there are a dozen or so large crates and seven people in addition to the original person who removes the helmet of his standard armor...and it's not a "he" at all.
Image

What are your intentions?
Butcher's Bill
Cairo
    Cairo's War Dog--destroyed
    -120 to force disc
    -15 H.P.
    -250 personal S.D.C.
    Flight Suit destroyed
Rosseyn
    -840 Force Field used
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4050
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Tori Kerrin » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:26 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 44 / 15%
JIC: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 45

Tori’s had an exciting time of brute labour and tedious guard duty, helping to lug tons of cargo into place to be lashed down for transport. Continued lack of contact from the rest of 3-2 virtually guarantees that he is the sole survivor, a fact that does nothing to improve his state of mind.

The rather flashy appearance of a multitude of crates and people seems a fair bet to be the work of another SOG team, based on how they all seem to operate. As the teleporter removes her helmet to reveal a wealth of red hair, he leans in slightly to speak in a quiet voice to Sergeant Halko.

”Any bets on whether they’ll expect us to load that by hand as well, Sarge?” he suggests. ”I’ll give you two to one,” he offers, knowing full well that he’d have to offer odds far more generous to get that wager accepted.
Image Pvt. Tori Kerrin
H.P.: 42/42
S.D.C.: 103/103
Auto Dodge: +10
Nightvision: 600'
Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

A.D.F. Marine Armor
A.R.: 18
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 150/150
--Arms: Left: 150/150 Right: 150/150
--Legs: Left: 300/300 Right: 300/300
--Main Body: 500/500
User avatar
Tori Kerrin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:52 pm
Location: HU2:G

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:05 pm

OOC: Augur, can you update the Butchers Bill injury tally? CJ should not be down -15 HP or -250 SDC anymore [22:50:25-1:15 = 2 hours, 24 minutes and 45 seconds = 72 healed through Regen (15 HP, and 57 SDC)]

Perception [67%]: 1d100 = 10 [+15% in Space]
JiC D20 1d20 = 15
JiC D100: 1d100 = 46

Conditions: Personal AR 12, Force Disc, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks]

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1257/1450

Once he has deposited the damn statue up into the Deliverance's cargo hold and secured it (with Tori given its weight, and Simone given her 'expertise'), Cairo summons up a Force Disc and glides them (both(?)) back down to Halko on patrol, "You guys can get back on foot-patrol if ya want, however without infrared, or thermal scans it may be tough to pick up our friends who jumped the 3-2. Myself, I would kind of prefer a Grifter turret, and probably the scanners from onboard."

He then taps his radio to make contact with Nova, Ryden, Crash, and New-Kid (Corrigon), "Sounds like 2nd SOG are being ordered back. Might be good to drop an Anchor inside the Ruins and close them back up before we leave. That would give us a method of insertion directly into an on-ground theoretically secure location and prevent it from becoming the den for any local fauna. I can come collect anyone needed if Nova's busy. No need to slog through the mud."

After depositing whomever wants to walk the perimeter and/or wants a ride back, CJ (barring alternative orders) glides himself back up to sit atop the Grifter unslinging his assault-rifle to scan from a slightly elevated position until the 2nd SOG arrives.

==-==-==-==-==

Upon the teleportation arrival of the 2nd SOG, CJ reaches up and draws off his Shadow Cloak off to drape over an arm like an actual garment and summons up a Force Disc so that he can go greet the 2nd SOG, "Ho there High Rollers. Sorry to haul you guys back in from what I am sure was the middle of something. Shortly after we touched down here, we received a distress call from Nightmare 3-2. There was 1 survivor. Those of us who sought to conduct rescue operations were ambushed by a dozen heavy weapons while trying to recover a fallen Marine. The Deliverance being unarmed, well the Marine duo can drop any local Reptile sure, but it seems unlikely to be able to fend off the firepower drawn down in that fun little assault."

Prior Contact w 2nd SOG
CJ Previously met and briefly helped Rerun in a Hangar Bay fight. He was also involved in assisting 2nd SOG here during another fight with mutineers, and post-coup had a brief interaction with Miwa Ryden's girlfriend here... so he's seen a few of them around.
Last edited by Cairo on Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:39 am

Perception ☞ 36% 1d100 = 72 (FAIL)
JIC 1d20 = 13
1d100 = 86

Niall takes the chiding from Misra in stride, recognizing it for the face-saving it is. She didn't know the situation, and to retain an air of authority from a junior officer who assumed command of her AO, she's got to chasten me. That's all that is. Hopefully, in future, she'll see we sometimes know what we're doing.

Niall turns to Ryden, Nova, and Corrigon, and says "Okay, there's word from Misra. Let's head back to the ship." He notes, as he's saying this, he's absent-mindedly tapping the satchel which contains his hard-won knife. Quite a beautiful piece of work this knife is. That it's still sharp and shines like new after so many... what? decades? centuries? ...in that ruin means that it's carftsmanship is well beyond... is at the apex of Arismal craftsmanship. A tiny nagging voice in the back of his mind adds like magic but he roundly ignores it as folly.

Niall will accept any ride back to the ship that is offered, without hesitation, having lost his A/G armor.




Back at the LZ, Niall will do a walk-around of the Grifter to ensure no nasty creepers have wound themselves around the landing gear or snaked their way up into the ship's innards, and will then run his pre-flight checks to make sure the systems are optimal for evac.

He's walking around the ship when he see's the High Rollers teleport in. In particular, he recognizes Scarlet - having helped her briefly evacuate wounded from the hangar bay during the mutiny. His face flushes, remembering her disdain for both him and the 1st SOG's leader from that interaction.

He walks over to her position. "Scarlet... we meet again. I never got a chance to apologize to you for all the confusion in the Hangar Bay before. I'm sorry - communication wasn't what it should've been. I'm glad you made it out. I'm just about to run pre-flight on the Grifter, but if you need anything, holler."

Invoke Trust ☞ 94% 1d100 = 57 (SUCCESS)
Charm/Impress ☞ 60% 1d100 = 95 (FAIL)

If Scarlet has no requests, Niall will resume running pre-flight checks.

Analyze and Operate Devices ☞ 100% 1d100 = 49 (SUCCESS)
Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 91% 1d100 = 65 (SUCCESS)
Spacecraft Mechanics: Metallic Hydrogen and Jump drives ☞ 71% 1d100 = 53 (SUCCESS)
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Simone Helbrect » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:04 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 70/40%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 50
Conditions: Invulnerability, Extraordinary Speed, & Healing Factor.

Captain Misra wrote:"You ever consider officer's candidate school, Corporal Helbrecht? You've got the silver tongue of an officer."


Simone shakes her head. "No ma'am, never was interested in being an officer." Simone says trying not to sound sarcastic. "We'll have the statue stowed and secured right away ma'am." Simone says not trying to tell the others what to do. Simone helps the boys move the statue inside the ship, making sure it gets secured. Once the Statue is good, Simone makes the trip back and forth to bring the other items to put into the Grifter.

Once everything is stowed, Simone stands outside the Grifter and watches the others, under the pretense of guarding it.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Halko » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:32 pm

Percep: 64%=1d100 = 89
JIC: 1d20 = 2 1d100 = 42

Halko grins at Tori, "I'll see what I can do to get you a seat. As is we'll likely needs extra hands when we go up to that Atorian ship." as the conversation goes on, Halko shrugs when Tori starts discussing having to do more physical labor. "You gotta do your part and these days you gotta do a bit more."

Halko watches as Scarlet starts popping in and out with the 2md SOG's gear and whatnot. But since none of them are Jezebel he keeps on with his patrolling of the perimeter. When CJ brings up the better optics on the Grifter, Halko says, "Roger that. I'll make my way to a Grifter turret as soon as someone gets her powered up."
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Corrigon » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:14 pm

Perception 41% 1d100 = 42
JIC 1d20 = 2 1d100 = 22


Niall wrote:Niall turns to Ryden, Nova, and Corrigon, and says "Okay, there's word from Misra. Let's head back to the ship."


Corrigon looks out over the clearing into the trees, as he studiously keeps an eye on the scenery. He constantly anticipates trouble from every quarter.

Hate the idea of leaving people who are potentially alive behind. No bodies doesn't mean dead. No bodies means captive. he wants to shout and scream about it at the squad, but acting like a petulant child has no place in the Military. There has to be a way to get the others to at least look for the missing.


Cairo wrote:He then taps his radio to make contact with Nova, Ryden, Crash, and New-Kid (Corrigon), "Sounds like 2nd SOG are being ordered back. Might be good to drop an Anchor inside the Ruins and close them back up before we leave. That would give us a method of insertion directly into an on-ground theoretically secure location and prevent it from becoming the den for any local fauna. I can come collect anyone needed if Nova's busy. No need to slog through the mud."


He looks over the mud all churned up by the transportation of the statue and scoffs at the idea of walking.

"Yeah, not going to turn down a lift," Corrigon grins, presenting a false front to the others. Inside he was churning up. Leaving potential survivors gnaws at him. Last time he saw death, he had at least caused it. Here they might be able to save people, but that would likely mean putting themselves in danger to do so.
He hops up on to the disc with a deftness and ease that he does not expect.
"Strange, i didn't think the gravity was weak on this planet." he looks down slightly surprised.


Cairo wrote:After depositing whomever wants to walk the perimeter and/or wants a ride back, CJ (barring alternative orders) glides himself back up to sit atop the Grifter unslinging his assault-rifle to scan from a slightly elevated position until the 2nd SOG arrives.


Corrigon begins prepping the Grifter for flight. It hadn't been too long since they landed, so it shouldn't take much to get her back up ready to fly.

"Cairo," he radios the power armour pilot currently ensconced on the roof of the ship, "I'm getting the ship up and running. Could you run your eye over whether we're leaking any emissions again? If we are heading to the Atorian ship, I want to make sure that we aren't leaking emissions due to the trip through the atmosphere."

Augur wrote:Half an hour later, there's still no contact with the 3-2 marine detachment, and everything of any value, a handful of ancient scrolls collected by Helbrecht, a couple statues, some relief carvings from the interior of the ruins, and a couple dozen tons of slaughtered and crated carcasses remaining on-site, have been loaded onto the Deliverance. Rosseyn, Ryden, Cairo, Simone, Corrigon, Jerric, Niall, and Tori all find themselves around the Grifter watching as a person suddenly appears directly behind in front of the Deliverance near its loading ramp. A large crate rests on the ground beside the person, appearing with him at the exact same moment he pops into view. A few seconds later, he vanishes only to reappear again with another crate beside the first. This goes on for a few minutes until he next reappears with a handful of other people, disappears, and reappears yet again with more people. In all, there are a dozen or so large crates and seven people in addition to the original person who removes the helmet of his standard armor...and it's not a "he" at all.


Corrigon comes down out of the ship as he realises a number of crates were suddenly appearing out of nowhere.
Well hello Corrigon raises an eyebrow at the sight of the redhead, would like to get to know you. He thinks about opening his mouth, but decides against saying anything until the higher ups have had their say. He leans over to Halko and whispers in his ear, "I take it this is the 2nd SOG?"
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:15 pm

Conditions
Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: Day 55, 1520
Local Time: Night, appx. 0120
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Location: Chandrakant II, Temperate Region (night side)

Mission Directives: A.D.F. assets must maintain as much of a clandestine presence in-system as possible as the enormous Atorian ship is known to be active. While on the planet's surface, standard extraction protocols are in effect. If needed, the 1st SOG is to assist in the extraction of any units within operational distance. All units are scheduled to extract from the planet's surface and be on the Profit Motive by 1200 (Day 56) so as to prevent the imperial ship from detecting them. Failure to extract by this time will strand all units on the planet's surface for another 48 hours. The 1st SOG is to investigate the ruins and lend assistance to other assets in-system as they deem fit and according to their own priority assessment.


Cairo wrote:"Ho there High Rollers. Sorry to haul you guys back in from what I am sure was the middle of something. Shortly after we touched down here, we received a distress call from Nightmare 3-2. There was 1 survivor. Those of us who sought to conduct rescue operations were ambushed by a dozen heavy weapons while trying to recover a fallen Marine. The Deliverance being unarmed, well the Marine duo can drop any local Reptile sure, but it seems unlikely to be able to fend off the firepower drawn down in that fun little assault."

Scarlet looks up. She watches Cairo talk. She nods. In what is either a totally deadpan or totally exhausted voice she says, "Yeah, this planet's one joy ride after another." The Second Special Operations Group forms a line of sorts and starts relaying crates up toward one of the extended loading ramps beneath the nose of the Deliverance.

Niall wrote:He makes the long walk over to the 2nd SOG. "Scarlet...we meet again. I never got a chance to apologize to you for all the confusion in the Hangar Bay before. I'm sorry. Communication wasn't what it should've been. I'm glad you made it out. I'm just about to run pre-flight on the Grifter, but if you need anything, holler."

Scarlet looks to her left as Niall speaks. She listens. She shrugs at his mention of the confusion during the coup. "It was a mess. Glad we didn't frag any of you." When he offers help she says in the same tone she's used since Cairo glided up to the 2nd SOG, "Holler." She looks pointedly at Niall. "These crates are full of meat." To Scarlet's right, a female coughs loudly. "Oh yeah, and one of them is full of mushrooms," she rolls her eyes, "because some people have fancy tastes and drool over potentially poisonous cuisine." She places her hands on her hips, pushes down on them, and arcs her spine and shoulders backwards until a series of pops can be heard which are reminiscent of gunfire. She straightens back up and looks at Cairo and Niall. "These boxes ain't gonna move themselves, and you two look like you've been eating really well." She kind of shivers looking at Cairo. "Perhaps too well." Niall's rather distracted, but Cairo notes the bedraggled and somewhat battered condition of the 2nd SOG. Their armor has taken a beating. A few of their number even have pieces missing from their armor from what looks like close-up encounters with the local flora and fauna, and every last one of them is caked in mud that's clearly visible when this close up even at night.

Micro Map
Image

Macro Map
Image


GM NOTE: Everything else was intra-character dialog. No need for me to recap that.

What are your intentions?
Butcher's Bill
Cairo
    Cairo's War Dog--destroyed
    -120 to force disc
    -193 personal S.D.C.
    Flight Suit destroyed
Rosseyn
    -840 Force Field used
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4050
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:44 am

Perception [67%]: 1d100 = 38 [+15% in Space]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 4
JiC D100: 1d100 = 24

Conditions: Personal AR 12, Force Disc, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks]

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1260/1450

[Prior to arrival of 2nd SOG]
Corrigon wrote:"Cairo," he radios the power armour pilot currently ensconced on the roof of the ship, "I'm getting the ship up and running. Could you run your eye over whether we're leaking any emissions again? If we are heading to the Atorian ship, I want to make sure that we aren't leaking emissions due to the trip through the atmosphere."


CJ's brows knit within his shadow-cloaked helmet, If the trip down here damaged the Grifter so that she's leaking EM, then the trip back up out of atmosphere is no less likely to do so. Is this kid really going to try and have me go outside and double-check his work after every time he adjusts a fragging dial and level? Kids got no sand in his bag. Ehhh well, it is what it is. Once I suppose., "Sure kid. If you end up with leaks this time though, try to fix them right. They should not pop up every time we pass through atmosphere."

The PA Pilot will glide out silently into the air for a few minutes and circle the Grifter visually scanning all EM wavelengths as appropriate to determine any elevated levels or leaks.

===~~===~~===

[Current]

Cairo offers an unapologetic shrug at Scarlett and a nod, "I can handle loading, you guys can get cleaned up if you want." Walking over to the crates he nods to Miwa as he begins lifting crates onto his Force Disc, "Ma'am, Ryden's off by those ruins but should land in the Grifter shortly. I couldn't fly him back with his PA."

He loads ~800-1000lbs of crates onto the Force Disc, then picks up another crate to bring it up for loading. As he makes his way towards the loading ramp CJ nods at Rerun, "Glad to see you doing ok."

If they are still in the clearing, CJ taps his radio to beckon the others over, "Simone, Tori, 2nd SOG brought a bunch of stuff back to load, come lend a hand."
Last edited by Cairo on Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:03 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 63/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 45

Conditions
SDC:
  • Personal: 79/79 SDC
Force Field SDC:
  • 1560/2400 SDC
ADF Standard Armor:
  • Helmet: 100/100 SDC
  • Left Arm: 100/100 SDC
  • Right Arm: 100/100 SDC
  • Main Body: 200/200 SDC
  • Left Leg: 150/150 SDC
  • Right Leg: 150/150 SDC
ADF Laser Sniper Rifle:
  • Ammo: 10/10 shots
Throwing Knives:
  • Ammo: 8/8 blades


Rosseyn pats Ryden on the shoulder and says "I'm gonna go check in with the survivor. See you on board." Nova walks over to Private Kerrin and introduces himself. "Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn Ridatharen. Callsign Nova. Leader of the 1st SOG. Glad you made it out. My condolences to the rest of Nightmare 3-2. You'll be riding with us until we get back to fleet. We'll get everything sorted out there. You still in fighting shape, soldier?"

Cairo wrote:"Simone, Tori, 2nd SOG brought a bunch of stuff back to load, come lend a hand."

"That's our cue. Let's go lend a hand." Nova will walk as many of the 1st over to the Deliverance as he can and have them help out with the carrying of crates into the ship. Damn, the 2nd really went through it. At least they made it back in time to take off. When he sees Scarlet, he'll nod to her. "You did good, Lieutenant Scarlet. Be proud that you kept your squad safe and completed the mission. We lost some good soldiers today. How'd Chunky hold up out there?"

When he gets a second, he'll tap Niall and say "Thank you for handling that. I was discussing strategies with Brainiac and wasn't expecting Misra to react like that. I'll take the hit next time."
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Tori Kerrin » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:32 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 2 / 15% [Crit Success!]
JIC: 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 86

Nova wrote:Nova walks over to Private Kerrin and introduces himself. "Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn Ridatharen. Callsign Nova. Leader of the 1st SOG. Glad you made it out. My condolences to the rest of Nightmare 3-2. You'll be riding with us until we get back to fleet. We'll get everything sorted out there. You still in fighting shape, soldier?"


Condolences only do so much – ie, jack shit – but Tori gives the Atorian hand sign of acceptance commonly used by Marines, PA pilots, and others who routinely use exoskeletons ill-suited to nodding.

"Thank you, sir. Yes sir, I'm at one hundred percent." Meaning I didn't even see anything to get a shot off at, let alone taking any kind of fire. While extremely useful for his MOS, there are times Tori could hate the results of his Arismal genetics lottery.

Cairo wrote:"Simone, Tori, 2nd SOG brought a bunch of stuff back to load, come lend a hand."


Nova wrote:"That's our cue. Let's go lend a hand."


Tori had seen the arrival of the cargo, of course, and had been well aware it would need to be loaded. He has also, however, learned the first rule of soldiering; don't volunteer. For anything; you'll be ordered to do something soon enough that will be likely to get your ass shot off.

Now that said orders have come down – albeit unusually from the mouth of the brass directly, rather than the more usual relay through the senior noncom – he racks the MERG on the back of his armour where this current iteration is designed to sit and hustles over to the much larger ship. Putting the servos of his exoskeleton to good use, he starts humping crates into the cargo bay again.

He keeps his mouth shut for now, however; there's more than enough brass hanging about that the last thing a private should be doing is randomly flapping his gums.
Image Pvt. Tori Kerrin
H.P.: 42/42
S.D.C.: 103/103
Auto Dodge: +10
Nightvision: 600'
Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

A.D.F. Marine Armor
A.R.: 18
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 150/150
--Arms: Left: 150/150 Right: 150/150
--Legs: Left: 300/300 Right: 300/300
--Main Body: 500/500
User avatar
Tori Kerrin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:52 pm
Location: HU2:G

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:06 am

Perception ☞ 36% 1d100 = 98 (FAIL)
JIC 1d20 = 8
1d100 = 47

Niall moves to help load crates onto CJ's floating disks for transport up the ramp, and will assist with securing the cargo once inside.

If he notices the condition of the 2nd SOG, he asks "Do you have any injuries? I can help... a little. I'm a bit drained but every little bit helps."

Afterwards, he sees Nova.
Nova wrote:"Thank you for handling that. I was discussing strategies with Brainiac and wasn't expecting Misra to react like that. I'll take the hit next time."


Niall smiles. "No big deal. Got it covered." Don't get any ideas about making me your XO though.

If any of the 2nd SOG indicates a need for immediate, critical healing, Niall will pump some P.T.P. into them. He will keep his worries about running on empty in the big Atorian ship to himself. Otherwise, he will administer first aid if necessary.

First Aid 66% 1d100 = 67 (FAIL)
First Aid 66% 1d100 = 63 (SUCCESS)

Paramedic ☞ 56% 1d100 = 1 (CRIT. SUCCESS)
Paramedic ☞ 56% 1d100 = 22 (SUCCESS)
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:46 am

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD

Cairo tilts his head briefly to the side for a moment as Niall starts picking up lighter boxes, "The Kid's right, you look different than before you went into the ruins ... Hope you did not catch anything."

Nova's finally joining them from the ruins prompts a curt nod, *Thanks for letting me lug a 12,000lb statue back this way to get chewed on by Misra so that I could be the first one to actually answer her ya jag-off. She didn't get much more understanding in the ensuing 30 flipping minutes. Also, spot on job only thanking pretty-boy-1st-LT-Niall for taking the heat for you when I actually got to field blasts too.*

He tamps down the resentment a bit though after a few seconds, glad for the heavy armor's tinyed faceplate as he focuses elsewhere, "Hope you and Brainiac had a nice chat. Did you pick out a few acres for a summer home? Or have you got a plan for approach on the Atorian Capital?"
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Halko » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:00 pm

Percep: 64%=1d100 = 93
JIC: 1d20 = 20 1d100 = 99

Weapon Systems 85%=1d100 = 91


With no instruction to do anything else, Halko makes his way into the Grifter and seats himself in the L1 turret. He sets all the turrets to be controlled from his position, at least until the other come on board to split the job, and goes through the warm up procedures. As soon as the weapons mounts are set and the scanners go hot, he toggles over to thermo imaging, splits his targeting display between the four images and starts scanning the countryside.

Clicking his comms on, Halko reports what he's up to, "This is Backlash. I'm back on the Grifter and have the thermo sights warmed up. I'll be keeping an eye out here, just in case those ghosts show up."
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Previous

Return to HU2 Galactic: Annals of the Sixth Atorian Expansion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest