Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

In the distant reaches of the Milky Way Galaxy, a race teeters on the brink of extinction as it is pursued by the relentless Atorian Empire. [Adventure forum.]

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:01 am

Perception ☞ 36% 1d100 = 40 (FAIL)
JIC 1d20 = 19
1d100 = 50

Ego wrote:"What intel do we have on the ship? And what do we have onboard? Do we have an entry ring to burn the way through the hull? We have an external docking collar, so we can attach to the outside of the ship. Depending on the composite of the hull, we can probably burn our way through the outer hull, but that may set off internal sensors. If there are airlocks for EVA, then I can land on one of those and Ryden can hack his way inside. The only ways I see us gaining access to a hanger is if we are either captured by the ship or we are granted access. Anyway, did the 3rd SOG get onboard?"


Niall flips through the previous readings on the Atorian ship.

"The ship was largely shut down, very faint EM emissions. But it's huge - 19 miles or so in length. Five launch bays, one dorsal docking collar, two portside docking collars, and hull integrity stable. The 3rd was supposed to board and capture the vessel, but obviously we don't have any idea how that's going. They didn't report at the scheduled time."

Fang wrote:"Crash, was the Brushhead ship in stationary orbit with the Planet, or with the Moon? Did we get any kind of readings on the comparative distances and trajectories that would allow use of the moon as a screen for part of the approach?"


"It's in a geostationary orbit with the planet, if I recall correctly, though that could change. We also know there's been some shuttle activity from the big ship, because we ran into some brushheads on the surface last time we were here. I think the thing we thought was a moon is that Atorian vessel."

Niall takes new passive sensor readings of the Atorian vessel to compare to the previous readings.

Analyze and Operate Devices ☞ 100% 1d100 = 62 (SUCCESS)
Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 91% 1d100 = 86 (Did the EM signature change - SUCCESS)
Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 91% 1d100 = 1 (Did the ship's profile change, i.e., did it deploy any turrets or sensor arrays that were not previously deployed - CRIT. SUCCESS)
Intelligence ☞ 76% 1d100 = 71 (If the profile changed, identify sensor arrays or turrets with weapon types - SUCCESS)

He also passively sweeps any shuttles or escort craft they see.

Analyze and Operate Devices ☞ 100% 1d100 = 90 (SUCCESS)
Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 91% 1d100 = 49 (SUCCESS)

Ego wrote:"Brainiac, any word on residual data from that Atorian bot down in the the cargo hold?"


Realizing Brainiac has likely got his hands full at the moment, Niall answers, "I believe he scrubbed the data on that thing, so it couldn't be used to spy on us, and uploaded a wholly-new program suite. We've been loathe to use it for anything thus far, though... because it's Atorian."

As they approach the big ship, Niall quips "Quick, let's all give each other stupid haircuts and weird head tattoos - they won't know we're not them."
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 389
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Halko » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:05 pm

Percep: 64%=1d100 = 41
JIC: 1d20 = 8 1d100 = 34

Weapon Systems 85%=1d100 = 73

Halko keeps his eyes on his weapons scopes. Not knowing the answer to Fang's question about the robot, Halko keeps quiet. But when Crash speaks up about getting stupid haircuts, he sees his reflection in the turret window crack a big grin. Its good he's having some fun. That ship is massive and, well daunting. To continue the levity, Halko shouts back, "As long as you go first Crash." He pauses a second, "Then we'll have to put Helbrect in charge." with our most junior in the lead...Female lead society and all that.

Halko lets out a low laugh, not at the idea of Helbrect in charge, but at the idea of ALL the officers having to play a lowly subordinate. He doesn't do anything to break the light hearted mood. Not yet at least. Wait until we get a little closer to snap these soldiers back into game mode. "We could just paint you green and put you in a loin cloth...like they did on that old show."

What's got me on edge is the fact that we haven't seen much activity out of that monster. Seems to me a ship that big would be swarming with activity.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 556
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Corrigon » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:35 am

Perception Bonus 41% 1d100 = 15
JIC 1d100 = 35 1d20 = 19

Corrigon inwardly curses as they pick up no sign of the missing patrol. Without being able to use the active sensors, there wasn't much chance of finding them.
We will come back and find you Corrigon swears mentally. He hates leaving them behind and inwardly curses. Cairo doesn't look happy either. Guess we have something in common.

"So what's the plan? Corrigon looks out at the moon sized ship, calculating angles.
That thing is huge. Bet I could fly given half a chance. He glances over at Cairo, bet he will claim the same. What an egomaniac. he thinks wryly to himself with a noted bit of irony. Being a pilot really does breed confidence he muses, no wonder we are clashing. He maintains position as passively as possibly whilst he waits for instructions.
"I can get us over there, but it helps to know where I am actually aiming for.


OOC Comments
Pilot: Military Spacecraft: Small 110% 1d100 = 33
If we do actual move towards the ship
critical success on prowl - viewtopic.php?f=885&t=7678&p=1358918#p1358918
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Simone Helbrect » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:45 am

Perception: 1d100 = 65/40%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 17/1d100 = 2
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.

Simone sits quietly in the weapons station, hands folded in her lap as to not accidentally push any buttons. Simone even goes so far as closing her eyes, the situation being very much out of her control. Maybe I should have done differently in my life. Not squandered the powers I have for such illicit uses. Simone thinks morbidly as she waits for either success or failure.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:55 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 46/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 18/1d100 = 7

Terra Firma:
When the report that no A.D.F. were found upon their scan, Rosseyn subconsciously sinks in his seat. What a damned waste. We'll compile data at a later date and strike out at their killers full force. But for now, we assist the 3rd with the capture of the Atorian Ship and hope they're fairing better than our Nightmare 3-2 brothers. Rosseyn sits in his turret seat awaiting an update from the cockpit.

In The Black:
Cairo wrote:"We have a line of sight on the Brushheads' Capitol ship."

Niall wrote:"The ship was largely shut down, very faint EM emissions. But it's huge - 19 miles or so in length. Five launch bays, one dorsal docking collar, two portside docking collars, and hull integrity stable. The 3rd was supposed to board and capture the vessel, but obviously we don't have any idea how that's going. They didn't report at the scheduled time."

"Any visual on the 3rd's ship on any of those docking collars?"
Corrigon wrote:"So what's the plan? I can get us over there, but it helps to know where I am actually aiming for.

"Ego's got a point. Where's our access point?"
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:36 pm

Rolls Carried Forward wrote:Perception [67%]: Original post: 1d100 = 49 [+15% in Space]
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 18
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 87


Conditions: Personal AR 12, Force Disc, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks]

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1275/1450

==~==~==

Cairo nods to himself at Crash's recap and frowns a bit at Nova's inquiry about where to set down, "Land in a shadow on the far side, with a short walk to an airlock to hack. Prevents them from just finding our ship. With your gateways, the ship's hold is always literally one step away. Crash, is our self-destruct system removable? Could be a nice remote distraction."

With a jaundiced eye, the PA Pilot examines the hull of the Atorian craft looking for weapons and sensor placements, *What are you packing you bloated bitchbox? ... Missile batteries? Turret weapons? ... Is there anywhere we can set down that would minimize firing arcs at us and potentially give us cover behind something they themselves would not want to lose? ... After all, some of these parts are still going to be a challenge to replace.*

Intelligence [57%]: EP Success

If he spots a useful landing site that falls within his desired parameters and Nova still has not pulled the trigger to make a decision, Cairo will point the Ego there to land.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:37 am

Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: Day 55, 1531
Local Time: Night, appx. 0131
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Location: Chandrakant II, Temperate Region (night side)

Ship Systems & Stations
Crew Chief Station Systems:
  • Alumina Cloud Dispenser (10 charges)
  • Anti-Missile Chaff (20 chaff globes)
  • Atmospheric Recycling System
  • External Docking Collar (1, foreward, for boarding operations)
  • Grapple System (5000 ton capacity)
  • Magnetic Shield
  • Pressurized Cabin/Airlock Control
  • Self-Destruct System

EWO Station Systems:
  • Electronic Countermeasures
  • Advanced Sensor Package & Satellite Uplink Computer
  • Geologic Sensor Array
  • Scientific Sensor Array
  • Super Navigation Computer
  • Targeting Radar & Combat Computer

As a side-bar discussion about the robot in the cargo hold echos throughout the craft, Cairo merges to the Grifter and checks passive readings. They're a hundred miles from the Atorian vessel and closing rapidly. They're not on a collision course, but they'll come pretty close. Assuming the ship's active and manned, it likely has motion detection systems just like the Grifter does. If the ship hasn't already detected them, they soon will. Other than the A.D.F. ships Cairo knows are on the night side of the planet (though the Grifter's sensors don't detect them for the same reason the Atorian ship doesn't), the huge, looming presence of the Atorian ship is the only spacecraft passively detectable in-system. Cairo hollers back at the crew of the Grifter from the co-pilot station, knowing better than to risk use of any unnecessary electronics during a stealth approach. "We have a line of sight on the brush-heads' capitol ship."

Rosseyn yells from his turret station over Halko's humorous suggestion to Niall, "Any visual on the third's ship on any of those docking collars?"

Niall gets the same results as Cairo regarding passive detection of other ships in-system, and compares current readings of the Atorian vessel to their previous readings. The ship's physical profile is unchanged, and its various EM emissions remain relatively static, but Niall is pretty sure he frakked up somehow. He's seeing absolutely no visual indicators of weapons of any sort. Niall provides a quick overview of the readings. "The ship was largely shut down, very faint EM emissions. But it's huge: 19 miles or so in length. Five launch bays, one dorsal docking collar, two port side docking collars, and hull integrity stable. The third was supposed to board and capture the vessel, but obviously we don't have any idea how that's going. They didn't report at the scheduled time."

Ryden pipes up at a normal tone. "Crash, we've only seen one side of that vessel. Assuming the Atorians don't make lopsided ships, you can likely double the number of launch bays presently visible. And I've seen so sign of any significant debris that would indicate the third's ship was destroyed, and all those docking collars are empty."

Corrigon shouts like everyone else. "So what's the plan? I can get us over there, but it helps to know where I am actually aiming for."

Rosseyn hollers yet again. "Ego's got a point. Where's our access point?"

Cairo hollers out his answer. "Land in a shadow on the far side, with a short walk to an airlock to hack. Prevents them from just finding our ship. With your gateways, the ship's hold is always literally one step away. Crash, is our self-destruct system removable? Could be a nice remote distraction."

Ryden pipes up yet again. "I'm reading EM spikes around the perimeter of that rotating aft section."

Simone looks up from the hands folded in her lap and sees the same thing as Corrigon when his eyes drift to that section. A series light blue, shimmering rectangles seem to pop into existence along the section that looks like a spoked wheel.

What are your intentions?
Butcher's Bill
Cairo
    -175 personal S.D.C.
Rosseyn
    -840 Force Field used
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4074
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Corrigon » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:22 pm

Perception Bonus 41% 1d100 = 15
JIC 1d100 = 28 1d20 = 14

Cairo wrote:"Land in a shadow on the far side, with a short walk to an airlock to hack. Prevents them from just finding our ship. With your gateways, the ship's hold is always literally one step away. Crash, is our self-destruct system removable? Could be a nice remote distraction."


Corrigon gives Cairo a thumbs up.

"If we keep energy emissions as low as possible, we might be able to pretend to be space debris as we float past. Though generally self-destruct systems aren't removable, we might be able to remove the explosive element and jury-rig some form of detonator. Unless some of you technical experts can no doubt do better than that." He keeps his eyes on the Atorian ship just in case there is any sign of activity he has to react to. Nothing had happened so far since they had found it, but he wasn't going to be caught napping if an entire squadron of fighters suddenly launched.

"This will no doubt be the point Ryden will state he can do with his eyes closed and arm behind his back, whilst hopping on one foot singing soprano the entire time." He says quietly, but loudly enough for Cairo to hear, with a little mirth in his voice.

Augur wrote:Ryden pipes up yet again. "I'm reading EM spikes around the perimeter of that rotating aft section."

Simone looks up from the hands folded in her lap and sees the same thing as Corrigon when his eyes drift to that section. A series light blue, shimmering rectangles seem to pop into existence along the section that looks like a spoked wheel.


"What the frak is that?" Corrigon exclaims, leaping into action, checking the passive sensors, as he prepares to activate the main engines, "we have some shimmering light blue rectangles on the rotating section. Looks like she just woke up. Does anybody recognise this?

OOC Comments
Read Sensory Equipment 77% 1d100 = 7 what can we detect?
Weapon Systems 87% 1d100 = 86 is the energy a weapon system?
Pilot: Military Spacecraft: Small 110% 1d100 = 51 bring the main engines on line/up to full power if needed
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:30 pm

OOC: Confirmed w Augur in Hangouts that the large guns on the ship in the picture are not there.

Perception [67+(15 in Space): 82%]: 1d100 = 37
JiC D20: 1d20 = 16
JiC D100: 1d100 = 83

Conditions: Personal AR 12, Force Disc, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks]

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1275/1450

==~==~==
The trip from the atmosphere to this point has been smooth, almost aggravatingly so, and CJ begrudgingly recognizes Ego as a competent, maybe even a very good Pilot, *Not quite in my class but for a green-flier who has never seen combat? He's skilled, either has loads of natural talent or he has been burning out seats in the simulators running through until he is textbook on every contingency. Almost a shame really. I kind of wanted to hate him, might not mind him as a wingman well, if he is a decent shot ... I wonder if we can drop a Bio-E Amplifier into this thing that can be tuned for defensive projections only instead of blaster type stuff ... like if we were able to put a shadow-cloak on this whole ship, it could augment our stealth capabilities. Or Backlash could hook in and we could become a near-invulnerable assault cruiser ... not like a bunch of fighters are going to pull out swords to attack us.*

Cairo's eyes remain peeled on approach for any sign of detection nods but he lowers his voice to ask within the cockpit, "Brainiac, what do we have on Service-Files for the 3rd SOG? Their power-distribution may give us a hint where they would land ... Any of them have something that would allow for mapping the area, y'know the mental-mapping power? Cloaking or illusions? All I know right now is they're easier on the eyes than you sorry lot."

Whatever response is received, he clears his throat to speak up a bit, "We are 100 miles out. We are on course for a tight fly-by unless we stop-short. That Behemoth will have motion detection systems, unless our ECM and stealth systems spoof them we are likely to be detected, soon."

Corrigon wrote:"If we keep energy emissions as low as possible, we might be able to pretend to be space debris as we float past. Though generally self-destruct systems aren't removable, we might be able to remove the explosive element and jury-rig some form of detonator. Unless some of you technical experts can no doubt do better than that."


CJ shrugs within his shadowy visage, "Could be, I haven't installed a self-destruct and am not sure how its explosive components are distributed throughout, or hell if it's just a subroutine they put in for fusion core overload, but I figure Crash will know. Just trying to plan ahead in case we need the distraction."

Corrigon wrote:"This will no doubt be the point Ryden will state he can do with his eyes closed and arm behind his back, whilst hopping on one foot singing soprano the entire time." He says quietly, but loudly enough for Cairo to hear, with a little mirth in his voice.


CJ grunts in agreement responding just as quietly, "Sounds about right."

Pilot: Military Spacecraft: Small [116+20=136% (linked): 1d100 = 68] (assist as needed if Ego seems about to frak up)
Prowl [80%]: EP Success IF NEEDED (assist with stealth approach)
Read Sensory Equipment [100+25=125% (linked): 1d100 = 10] (local traffic, locate 3rd SOG ship(?))

JIC Rolls
Initiative [+7]: 1d20+7 = 24
Dodge [+18]: 1d20+18 = 37, 1d20+18 = 22
OOC Comments
AUGG Pg 217-218, There are essentially 3 distance-levels of sensor range 1) outer edge - 50% of range, 2) 50% range to visual/100miles, 3) 100 miles. "If the prowling spaceship successfully moves undetected, then it will remain invisible unless 1) the prowling spacecraft opens fire, 2) the prowling ship switches to active sensors, 3) the prowling vehicle moves closer [from 1 distance-level to another] to the detecting craft, or 4) it suddenly engages a light-speed propulsion system" and "Whenever a prowling vessel crosses one of these thresholds, it must roll again to keep prowling, otherwise it will become open to detection." Based on this, once we are inside the 100mile range we should not need to make continuous rolls.
With the stealth-coating on the Albatross [AUGG Pg 177], there is +20 Prowl for the Sneaking-Pilot, or -25% to the Detecting other-side.


Corrigon wrote:"What the frak is that?" Corrigon exclaims, leaping into action, checking the passive sensors, as he prepares to activate the main engines, "we have some shimmering light blue rectangles on the rotating section. Looks like she just woke up. Does anybody recognize this?


"Not sure, might be pinpoint shields? Hopefully not more damn Magic."

Weapon Systems [110%]: 1d100 = 57 - ID Blue Panels[?]
Lore: Alien [85%]: 1d100 = 74 - Has he heard of anything like the blue fields?
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:37 am

Perception ☞ 36% 1d100 = 38
JIC 1d20 = 18
1d100 = 22

Ryden wrote:"Crash, we've only seen one side of that vessel. Assuming the Atorians don't make lopsided ships, you can likely double the number of launch bays presently visible. And I've seen no sign of any significant debris that would indicate the third's ship was destroyed, and all those docking collars are empty."


Niall nods. "I'd bet even money that the 3rd SOG's ship is on the far side of the brushhead ship, then."

Ego wrote:"So what's the plan? I can get us over there, but it helps to know where I am actually aiming for."


"I'd say swing around to the shady side of the street."

Fang wrote:"Land in a shadow on the far side, with a short walk to an airlock to hack. Prevents them from just finding our ship. With your gateways, the ship's hold is always literally one step away. Crash, is our self-destruct system removable? Could be a nice remote distraction."


Niall chuckles. "I've never been suicidal enough to find out. I'm not an EOD tech. But typically speaking, moving active explosive systems is considered a Bad Idea."

Niall thinks, but does not say aloud, ...So I won't be doing that.

Ryden wrote:"I'm reading EM spikes around the perimeter of that rotating aft section."


Niall's eyes boggle. "Frak! That can't be good. Do they have eyes on us?" Niall looks at his readings again to try to determine what has just activated - are those sensors, shields, weapons, engines, or a communications array?

Analyze and Operate Devices ☞ 100% 1d100 = 64 (SUCCESS)
Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 91% 1d100 = 2 (CRIT. SUCCESS)
Intelligence ☞ 76% 1d100 = 78 (FAIL)
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 389
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:43 pm

Perception: 83%/1d100 = 70
JIC: 1d20 = 5, 1d100 = 81

Ryden pipes up yet again. "I'm reading EM spikes around the perimeter of that rotating aft section." With that he begins trying to determine their next obvious question - are they hosed. He decides that brevity will serve him better than chatter, so he keeps up the say little act.

Corrigon wrote:"What the frak is that?" Corrigon exclaims, leaping into action, checking the passive sensors, as he prepares to activate the main engines, "we have some shimmering light blue rectangles on the rotating section. Looks like she just woke up. Does anybody recognise this?

Niall wrote:"Frak! That can't be good. Do they have eyes on us?"

"I think those are launch bay force fields - used instead of or to supplement launch bay doors. They are pretty static and about where we saw launch bays. I think Fang is right - they see an object moving and are about to come deal with it. Short of ejecting something and using ejecting it as a means of propulsion, we'll need some magic of our own to redirect them. We have minutes, at best. Ideas?"

Skill Rolls
Skill rolls to figure out the fields and any other behavior of the ship - Likely only one of these will count, but if multiple help, please and thank you for any additional information
Read Sensory Equipment 73%/1d100 = 37 - to get an idea of what the ship's behavior means - Success!
Weapon Engineer 38%/1d100 = 33 - to get an idea of what the ship's behavior means - Success!
Pilot Military Spacecraft: Medium 89%/1d100 = 66 - to get an idea of what the ship's behavior means, figuring they have more in common with capital ships than small craft do - Success!
Electrical Engineer 73%/1d100 = 53 - to get an idea of what the ship's behavior means - Success!
Detect Ambush 63%/1d100 = 41 - to get an idea of what the ship's behavior means - Success!
Intelligence 69%/1d100 = 64 - to get an idea of what the ship's behavior means - Success!
Radio: Basic 118%/1d100 = 86 - to get an idea of what the ship's behavior means - Success!
Lore: Alien 73%/1d100 = 2 - to get an idea of what the ship's behavior means - Critical Success!
Laser Communication 73%/1d100 = 14 - to get an idea of what the ship's behavior means - Success!
Military: Electronic Warfare 83%/1d100 = 51 - To see if we've been seen - Success!
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 455
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:40 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 86/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 44

Corrigon wrote:"What the frak is that? we have some shimmering light blue rectangles on the rotating section. Looks like she just woke up. Does anybody recognise this?

Cairo wrote:"Not sure, might be pinpoint shields? Hopefully not more damn Magic."

Niall wrote:"Frak! That can't be good. Do they have eyes on us?"

Ryden wrote:"I think those are launch bay force fields - used instead of or to supplement launch bay doors. They are pretty static and about where we saw launch bays. I think Fang is right - they see an object moving and are about to come deal with it. Short of ejecting something and using ejecting it as a means of propulsion, we'll need some magic of our own to redirect them. We have minutes, at best. Ideas?"

Shit. Yelling across the ship to avoid using the comms, Rosseyn reminds the crew of who they are. "Everyone keep your heads, we've got this. Brainiac, what can you do with passive electronics to mask our presence? I want eyes on those blue fields. If anything comes out, I want to know what it is ASAP. Fang and Ego, if whatever comes out of there gets too close, get us out of dodge. We're going to back up the 3rd and we're going to make sure we all get out of here alive."

Rosseyn maintains his position at the turret, systems currently on silent but ready to activate at a moment's notice.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:49 am

Rolls Carried Forward wrote:Perception [67+(15 in Space): 82%]: Original post: 1d100 = 37
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 16
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 83


Conditions: Personal AR 12, Force Disc, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks]

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1275/1450

==~==~==

Ryden wrote: "I think those are launch bay force fields - used instead of or to supplement launch bay doors. They are pretty static and about where we saw launch bays. I think Fang is right - they see an object moving and are about to come deal with it. Short of ejecting something and using ejecting it as a means of propulsion, we'll need some magic of our own to redirect them. We have minutes, at best. Ideas?"


*Actually I was saying we have been pretty careful and should not yet be on their scans. Ejecting something as propulsion? Does he think we're flying without propulsion here*

Rosseyn wrote:Rosseyn reminds the crew of who they are. "Everyone keep your heads, we've got this. Brainiac, what can you do with passive electronics to mask our presence? I want eyes on those blue fields. If anything comes out, I want to know what it is ASAP. Fang and Ego, if whatever comes out of there gets too close, get us out of dodge. We're going to back up the 3rd and we're going to make sure we all get out of here alive."


*That, seems like a recipe for fragging disaster*, Cairo looks over at Ego, "Maybe aim to put as much of an angle as you can on us and still see the fields. Given our relative scale, from this far out, we shouldn't be easily visible, but better to minimize our profile while still keeping LOS on the fields."
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Simone Helbrect » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:50 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 91/40%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 20; 1d100 = 10
Conditions: Healing Factor & Invulnerability.

Simone listens to the group talk, her knowledge of what to do limited to the extreme. "So if we are going to EVA, do we have a spare suit, mine isn't environmental at all. And though I'm sure I can survive a few minutes with out one, I'd rather not try my luck." Simone asks calmly.

Simone looks back down to her lap again. Man I have no dog in this fight right now.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Halko » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:06 pm

Percep: 64%=1d100 = 43
JIC: 1d20 = 6 1d100 = 57

Weapon Systems 85%=1d100 = 99

Halko prepares to fire up the active scanners on his turret, but holds off for now as he waits to see just what is happening with the giant Atorian ship.

As he waits to be attacked or orders to do something else, Halko makes sure his suit is sealed up and mutters over the ships comm, "Why don't we just go on the drift? If we're aimed at them, can't we just cut power and coast on in with thrusters?" He shrugs to himself with his more or less rhetorical question.

If those are force fields over hanger bay or launch tubes, we're about to be fraked.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 556
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:36 am

OOC REMINDER:

1st GM post in space wrote:They orbit the planet for a while, allowing physics to facilitate their pursuit of the Atorian ship on the far side of the planet.
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4074
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Previous

Return to HU2 Galactic: Annals of the Sixth Atorian Expansion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest