Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

In the distant reaches of the Milky Way Galaxy, a race teeters on the brink of extinction as it is pursued by the relentless Atorian Empire. [Adventure forum.]

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:54 am

Perception: 83%/1d100 = 6
JIC: 1d20 = 4, 1d100 = 26

Ryden squares away his terminal, moves to his locker and gears up for the mission. As he does, he calls over to Nova. "Power armor or body armor on this one bossman?" Either way he gets geared up and ready. At just shy to getting into his Power Armor, he goes up to his station and ensures all outward EM is down, entirely. Only passive sensors remain operational. He then begins a new round of encryption schemes, and then permeates two more as backups. He also begins pulling up what he remembers from the Atorian Data Center in terms of digital security.

He then helps stow the ship. Once Nova opens up the portal to join the others, he steps through, weapons at the ready.

Cryptography 88%/1d100 = 11 - Encryption of Comms PASS!
Computer Programming 113%/1d100 = 55 - Encryption of Comms PASS!
Laser Communication 73%/1d100 = 34 - Encryption of Comms PASS!
Radio: Basic 118%/1d100 = 46 - Encryption of Comms PASS!
Military: Electronic Warfare 78%/1d100 = 3 - Encryption of Comms Critical Success!
Intelligence 69%/1d100 = 99 - What do I remember about Atorian Security measures Critical Failure
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 467
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:38 pm

Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: Day 55, 1540
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Distance to Vikelter: 20 miles (will make contact with field in 1 melee)
Distance to Small Craft: 15 miles and closing rapidly (will make contact with field in moments, and then with Grifter in less than 1 melee)
Location: Chandrakant II, Temperate Region (day side), 50 miles out from I.S.S. Vikelter

Ship Systems & Stations
Crew Chief Station Systems:
  • Alumina Cloud Dispenser (10 charges)
  • Anti-Missile Chaff (20 chaff globes)
  • Atmospheric Recycling System
  • External Docking Collar (1, foreward, for boarding operations)
  • Grapple System (5000 ton capacity)
  • Magnetic Shield
  • Pressurized Cabin/Airlock Control
  • Self-Destruct System

EWO Station Systems:
  • Electronic Countermeasures
  • Advanced Sensor Package & Satellite Uplink Computer
  • Geologic Sensor Array
  • Scientific Sensor Array
  • Super Navigation Computer
  • Targeting Radar & Combat Computer

Grifter Stations
  • Pilot's Station: Corrigon
  • Co-Pilot's Station: Cairo
  • EWO Station: Ryden
  • Crew Chief Station: Niall
  • (L1) Lima One Port Forward Turret (Lasers): Halko
  • (L2) Lima Two Port Aft Turret (Lasers): Simone
  • (R1) Romeo One: Starboard Forward Turret (Rail Guns): Rosseyn
  • (R2) Romeo Two Starboard Aft Turret (Rail Guns):


Niall exhales in relief. "Boarding sequence safety program complete."

Corrigon pipes up as he looks through the viewport, "Okay, looks like we are in a currently unused bit of the ship. Considering we just punched a hole in the ship, I imagine we might be seeing a repair crew sooner or later once they figure out where we hit and what that interceptor can tell them."

Simone smirks once the craft stops moving. "Well that went well. Volund guided whoever made this ship. So what now?"

Halko unstraps from his turret and makes his way back into the main junction point on the Grifter. He calls out to Simone, "That's good old fashion Arismal engineering. This ship is a boarding craft. It's made for this drek."

Cairo laughs as he responds with a few suggestions, "Now we grab our guns and go see if these Imperialist bitches have anything worth liberating Chaplain. Ego and Crash wanna run a systems check and make sure we can lift off? Nova? You want to set a Gate-Point in the Hangar here so we have an easier way to board next time than bumping and grinding along the Hull? Maybe me and Backlash take a walk around the room? You can cover us and chime in with the Turret if we need the assistance."

Halko nods to the officers, "Sounds good. We can take Flash here outside with us. But with this big ass hole in the Atorian's ship, maybe we should back the Grifter off and tuck it away somewhere harder to find. With the portal in place they can run their checks while the Grifter gets settled and then portal right back here to meet back up with us. Meanwhile we check out the area and do a little scouting."

Cairo replies, "That's a great idea, Backlash. You, me, and new-girl can secure the area. Ego and the tech team can get the Grifter backed out and stick it somewhere that isn't a big hole in their Hull. Nova can bring the dream-team back here via Gateway."

Simone practically jumps at the comment. "Yeah I can definitely hold an area."

Simone asks, "Does anyone have a spare rifle?"

Halko says, "There's some grenades in my locker and a big shotgun. Take what you think you can use. This is gonna be one hell of a mission and our load out needs to match up. There's some other group gear too."

Cairo adds, "I have a STAR along. It has shorter range than the one I was going to bring but more punch. Given your self-professed speedy nature, you can close the distance pretty easy, so the STAR may be a good choice for you. Be careful though, it's got a lot more kick than those pistols you are toting, so don't shoot one of us in the back, well except Backlash. He can literally send it onward down-range." CJ hands over his STAR and four full magazines to Simone. (Transferred from Cairo's sheet to Simone's)

Niall nods, already beginning a damage report. "Roger." With the secondary hull breached, the chamber they've punched a hole into has been exposed to vacuum. Gravity is almost standard at .9G. The Grifter has sustained only superficial damage to its armor plating.


To Ego, Niall says, "Maybe we can park it on the hull?"

Rosseyn gives the thumbs up of approval. "Hell of an idea. I'll hop out and set a gateway." Rosseyn gets out of his seat, checks his gear, sets gateway in the exposed to vacuum cargo hold, and hops into the co-pilot's seat to help Corrigon take the Grifter out.

Cairo pipes up, "If we lose gravity out there, don't panic. I will get a force disc over for you to grab onto in short order. Just be ready for it. If we get out there and the Brushheads start sending troops at us, you keep behind Backlash until we can get somewhere that has atmosphere, otherwise being super-tough with a hole in that EBA will just mean you are very 'toughly' being spaced-to-death."

CJ grabs his backpack, switches out some ammo, then steps onto a force-disc and glides over to the boarding iris. He offers Nova a quick suggestion, "When you get back, what do you think of laying down a force field before we go through that big door? May be able to avoid any significant depressurization and any tripping any alarms that go with significant hull breaches."

"Someone check those alcoves off to the right as we exit, and keep your eyes peeled for lockers. If they've had a hull breach this big, chances are they expect anything in here to be gone. We plugged the hole, but they don't have to be wrong. You see any Atorian suits or armor, we might be able to use those in future operations. I am going to try to secure the door. Any suggestions before we go?" Barring any concerns raised by the others he taps the controls to open the iris.

Halko and Simone follow Cairo to the iris, and enter the airlock when it opens. Cairo hits the cycle button once they're through and the airlock is secured. It takes only a moment for the airlock to cycle as it was designed for boarding actions. The airlock is evacuated of air in moments, Cairo hits the release panel, and the three Arismal jump through the open iris into the chamber beyond. It's exposed to vacuum, and all but one terminal on the far side of the room is unlit.

Ryden squares away his terminal, moves to his locker, and gears up for the mission. He calls over to Nova. "Power armor or body armor on this one bossman?" At just shy to getting into his power armor, he goes up to his station and ensures all outward EM is down, entirely. Only passive sensors remain operational. He then begins a new round of encryption schemes, and then permeates two more as backups. He then helps Ego stow the ship.

Corrigon replies, "Affirmative, don't want to get caught here. Be ready for decompression. Won't be anything plugging the hole until any force fields kick in, so hang on to your britches. Shove something out afterwards to make it appear that was what hit this ship, whilst I hide the Grifter. With any luck, that will confuse them long enough for us to attach somewhere out of sight."
Corrigon sees Niall's damage report and smiles in satisfaction. He figures any place in shadow will suffice for a "parking spot," but one near a strong EM source should shield them from further observation. However, he's uncertain how to "park" a craft on the exterior of another vessel without it just floating away. He considers this problem as he uses the thrusters to extract the Grifter from the hole it made.

Status Summary:
Cairo, Halko, Simone: aboard the Vikelter
Corrigon, Rosseyn, Ryden, Niall: aboard the Grifter, in space, near the Vikelter


Map Reveal
Image


What are your intentions?
Butcher's Bill
Grifter: -396 to armor
Cairo
    -175 personal S.D.C.
Rosseyn
    -840 Force Field used
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4797
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:15 pm

Perception [67+(15 in Space): 82%]: 1d100 = 25
JiC D20: 1d20 = 15
JiC D100: 1d100 = 40

Conditions: Personal AR 12, Force Disc, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks]

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1280/1450

==~==~==

Exiting the Grifter Cairo scans for sensors and cameras but spots nothing (nothing mentioned), so he heads over to the lit up console, to see what info is displayed.

Basic Electronics 105%: 1d100 = 30 - if needed for alien controls (Door and lights)
Computer Operations 110%: 1d100 = 10 - if needed for alien controls (Door and lights)
Prowl 80% [+20% in dark area] = 100%: 1d100 = 75 - minimize visibility as he covers the doorway in case of counter-boarding/repair crews

*** If necessary to assist with reading the monitor, Cairo will drop 1 hand into his backpack and merge to his hacking computer to employ the Translation Program (loaded with 322 languages, including all known members of the FAR, the Atorian Empire, TGE, and others) that was copied off of Rydens Atorian Multi-Mod Headset.

The PA Pilot also cycles through a few areas of the EM Spectrum (Infrared because with everything exposed to vacuum things should be pretty cold and anything hot may be of significance, and Radio to see if anything in here is giving off discernible signals, Range reduced to 100ft) for anything useful in their immediate area.

*** If he is unable to figure out the lights, CJ will summon force-discuses (i.e. of throwing) to lob a few times at whatever is giving off light to set the scene more favorably for the Arismal.
Turning Lights out Manually
Strike (lights) 1d20+11 = 16, Damage 5d6+5 = 30
Strike (lights) 1d20+11 = 14, Damage 5d6+5 = 22
Strike (lights) 1d20+11 = 30, Damage 5d6+5 = 22
Strike (lights) 1d20+11 = 23, Damage 5d6+5 = 26
Strike (lights) 1d20+11 = 17, Damage 5d6+5 = 18
Strike (lights) 1d20+11 = 18, Damage 5d6+5 = 20
Last edited by Cairo on Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:12 am

Perception ☞ 39% 1d100 = 30 (SUCCESS)

JIC 1d20 = 17
1d100 = 98

Confronted with the problem of how to "clamp" the Grifter to the exterior of the Vikelter, Niall begins attempting to reroute the magnetic shield to the bottom of the Grifter's hull, and polarize it so that the two hulls are magnetically bound.

"Put us somewhere with EM interference - I'll have to use the magnetic shield to park us in place, so we can use the interference to camouflage our own EM. Unless someone has a better idea."

Note to self, have docking clamps installed on the landing gear."

Clamp the two ships together magnetically
Analyze and Operate Devices ☞ 102% 1d100 = 83 (SUCCESS)
Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 96% 1d100 = 62 (SUCCESS)
Electrical Engineer ☞ 96% 1d100 = 36 (SUCCESS)


If we can't find a place with adequate EM interference, Niall engages the Grapple system to bind the Grifter to a suitable location on the Vikelter's hull.

Analyze and Operate Devices ☞ 102% 1d100 = 12 (SUCCESS)

OOC Comments
Not sure what's necessary here for the grapple, let me know and I'll add the appropriate rolls


Nova - shall I engage the anti-hijacking program? i.e., if anyone but us enters this ship and doesn't enter the proper command codes, the ship auto-self-destructs."

If Nova orders it, Niall enters the authorization

Antihijack protocol
Analyze and Operate Devices ☞ 102% 1d100 = 16 (SUCCESS)
Electronic Countermeasures ☞ 91% 1d100 = 45 (SUCCESS)
Computer Operation ☞ 106% 1d100 = 30 (SUCCESS)


"Need to verbally tell everyone about the anti-hijack protocol."

If Nova says no, Niall simply prepares to disembark.

Either way, Niall checks the seals on his armor, checks his weapons, and clips his toolkits and first aid pack to his harness. Once Nova opens a portal to the Vikelter, Niall exits the Grifter with the rest of the team.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Simone Helbrect » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:22 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 25/46%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 18/1d100 = 2
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.

Prowl 1d100 = 23/65% Pass (To keep out sight.)
Radio Basic 1d100 = 30/70% Pass (Listening on ship chatter)
Cryptography 1d100 = 41/55% Pass (Break Encryption)
Intelligence 1d100 = 88/60% Fail (Glean usable information from the clutter)
Research 1d100 = 91/85% Fail (Sift through information)

Simone lands on the deck and looks about. Computer, not my strong point. Door, I could hold that. Simone unlimbers her borrowed rifle and makes her way to a spot where she has a good view of the door. Once in place, Simone begins running a scan of the local radio traffic. Maybe I can hear something useful
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Corrigon » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:40 pm

Perception Bonus 41% 1d100 = 14
JIC 1d20 = 14 1d100 = 48
Conditions Auto Dodge +3

Niall wrote:"Put us somewhere with EM interference - I'll have to use the magnetic shield to park us in place, so we can use the interference to camouflage our own EM. Unless someone has a better idea."


"If you can get that to work sir, I will get us landed." and keep that interceptor from tracking us. It find us, we are dead. He maneuvers the Grifter into position for Niall to do his work.

Provided Grifter is either grappled or magnetically attached

"Okay, we are attached," Corrigon announces, as he powers the ship down as much as he can in order to further mask the Grifter from detection, Not much more we can do here."

He gets up and heads to the locker, opening it up and unhooks his rifle. He slides the clip out and checks the ammo count, before he slides the clip back in. Ready for combat... or am I?

He feels that weird sensation again, but this time, he concentrates; his vision changes as numbers .. no data begins appearing in front of his eyes

It should scare him, what was happening, but Corrigon's brain kicks in as he begins analysing the data and any fear quickly disappears as he begins to understand what he can do. He taps his chest where his locket is, or it was.. There is a second of panic until he feels his chest open a panel and he realises that he instinctively protects the locket inside himself. This is cool. He looks at the Grifter control panel, his new vision scans over the instruments and suddenly he sees new options appear at the side. Oh we are going to have some fun with this.

"Sir.... Niall," Corrigon holds up his hand and slides up his visor to reveal a very different face, "I think I just changed tier!"
OOC Comments
New pic coming



OOC Comments
Pilot: Military Spacecraft: Small 110% 1d100 = 90 land ship by whichever method Niall gets to work
Read Sensory Equipment 77% 1d100 = 50 passively scan for the interceptor
Electronic Warfare 67/62% 1d100 = 44 power down the ship enough to use the Vikelter's own EM fields to mask the Grifter.
Prowl 62% 1d100 = 16 hide the ship
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:43 am

(Rolls carried over)

Ego wrote:"If you can get that to work sir, I will get us landed."


"Don't 'sir' me. We have callsigns for a reason, Ego."

Ego wrote:"Sir.... Niall, I think I just changed tier!"


Niall smiles, looking up, then grimaces, as if looking at an Arismal who has traded his face for a bionic replacement. His stomach does a somersault before he recovers, remembering what Ryden recently said to him, when he last expressed a new power.

Ryden wrote: Vanko if your unstable first tier genetics is expressing a new power, calm down and concentrate on not doing whatever it is you're doing.


He smiles at Ego. "A wise man once told me, if your unstable genetics are expressing a new power, calm down and concentrate on not doing whatever it is your doing. And congrats on the new tier." Now get back to your normal face.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:06 pm

Perception: 83%/1d100 = 10
JIC: 1d20 = 15, 1d100 = 89

Ryden finds a good spot to park the ship and transmits the

Niall wrote:He smiles at Ego. "A wise man once told me, if your unstable genetics are expressing a new power, calm down and concentrate on not doing whatever it is your doing. And congrats on the new tier." Now get back to your normal face.


"Hah, me wise? Still, its good advice. Lose the metal face Ego, seriously. Or put down your visor so the rest of us don't have to see it." He punches up a monitor so Ego can see himself. "Are third tier arismal becoming a damned endangered species?" He mutters this last comment to himself as he suits up and then prepares to exit via portal.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 467
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:27 pm

Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: Day 55, 1545
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Distance to Vikelter: 20 miles (will make contact with field in 1 melee)
Distance to Small Craft: 15 miles and closing rapidly (will make contact with field in moments, and then with Grifter in less than 1 melee)
Location: Chandrakant II, Temperate Region (day side), 50 miles out from I.S.S. Vikelter

Ship Systems & Stations
Crew Chief Station Systems:
  • Alumina Cloud Dispenser (10 charges)
  • Anti-Missile Chaff (20 chaff globes)
  • Atmospheric Recycling System
  • External Docking Collar (1, foreward, for boarding operations)
  • Grapple System (5000 ton capacity)
  • Magnetic Shield
  • Pressurized Cabin/Airlock Control
  • Self-Destruct System

EWO Station Systems:
  • Electronic Countermeasures
  • Advanced Sensor Package & Satellite Uplink Computer
  • Geologic Sensor Array
  • Scientific Sensor Array
  • Super Navigation Computer
  • Targeting Radar & Combat Computer

Grifter Stations
  • Pilot's Station: Corrigon
  • Co-Pilot's Station: Cairo
  • EWO Station: Ryden
  • Crew Chief Station: Niall
  • (L1) Lima One Port Forward Turret (Lasers): Halko
  • (L2) Lima Two Port Aft Turret (Lasers): Simone
  • (R1) Romeo One: Starboard Forward Turret (Rail Guns): Rosseyn
  • (R2) Romeo Two Starboard Aft Turret (Rail Guns):

On Deck
Exiting the Grifter Cairo scans for sensors and cameras but spots nothing (nothing mentioned), so he heads over to the lit up console, to see what info is displayed. Cairo sees the interface, but cannot understand the iconography of the language displayed on the console. He merges with his hacking computer and accesses the language translation program, but there's no apparent audio component to this console, so the translation program is useless. He knows he could physically merge with the console, but that poses its own inherent risks, especially given as he doesn't know if this is a stand alone terminal or networked, its function, or the level of security protocols associated with it. He cycles through a few bands of the EM spectrum to do a security sweep of the area and notes that this chamber is as cold and dead as space itself--which makes sense as it's been exposed to vacuum. On the plus side, he sees no evidence of wireless transmissions from the space either. The area is unlit save by the reflection of light from the planet, so he conserves his use of his force discs.

Simone lands on the deck and looks about. She unlimbers her rifle and makes her way to crouch by the wall to the far north where she has a commanding view of the door. She then tries scanning for local radio traffic, but given that she has only the mic built into her helmet, and channel scanning would mean dropping off her active channel, she realizes she's not equipped for EW work.

For his own part, Halko emerges from the Albatross and just stands where his feet initially plant him.




On the Grifter
Niall polarizes the hull of the Grifter as Corrigon locates a spot to set down. Niall adds, "Put us somewhere with EM interference. I'll have to use the magnetic shield to park us in place, so we can use the interference to camouflage our own EM. Unless someone has a better idea."

Corrigon responds, "If you can get that to work sir, I will get us landed." He maneuvers the Grifter into position near one of the huge force projectors the crew had previously identified on the hull of the huge. Nudges their craft towards the nearest one and begins to settle the Albatross down with a light touch. He overcorrects a bit at the last moment as Niall kicks on the magnetic polarity and the bottom of the hull slams into the imperial ship a lot harder than intended. The Grifter actually rebounds off the hull of the bigger then slams back down through magnetic capture. "Okay, we are attached," Corrigon announces. He powers the ship down save for the power plant to keep the magnetic field in place. "Not much more we can do here," he quips as he gets up and heads to his locker.

Niall asks, "Nova, shall I engage the anti-hijacking program?" He hears some sort of incoherent response which he takes for an affirmative and sets the alarm. He then checks the seals on his armor, his weapons, clips, toolkits, first aid pack and secures everything to his harness.

Corrigon gets his rifle, slides the magazine out, checks the ammo count, slides the mag home. Corrigon has a very strange experience, and calls back. "Sir...Niall," Corrigon holds up his hand and slides up his visor to reveal a very different face, "I think I just changed tier!"

Niall shoots back with more authority than is characteristic, "Don't 'sir' me. We have callsigns for a reason, Ego." He then smiles at Ego despite his discomfort. "A wise man once told me, if your unstable genetics are expressing a new power, calm down and concentrate on not doing whatever it is your doing. And congrats on the new tier."

Ryden pipes up, "Hah, me wise? Still, its good advice. Lose the metal face Ego, seriously. Or put down your visor so the rest of us don't have to see it. Are third tier arismal becoming a damned endangered species?" He mutters this last comment to himself as he suits up to exit via portal.

Meanwhile, Rosseyn has been busy focusing on his own preparations. He gets his own equipment situated, opens a portal, and ushers everyone through, emerging onto the deck of the ship's interior himself last.

MAP REVEAL
Image


Status Summary:
Cairo, Halko, Simone: aboard the Vikelter
Corrigon, Rosseyn, Ryden, Niall: aboard the Grifter, in space, near the Vikelter


What are your intentions?
Butcher's Bill
Grifter: -496 to armor
Cairo
    -175 personal S.D.C.
Rosseyn
    -840 Force Field used
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4797
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Halko » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:50 pm

Percep: 64%=1d100 = 38
JIC: 1d20 = 19 1d100 = 99

Halko looks about the empty cargo bay and note noting anything of use, heads over to the bay doors. Coming to a stop in from of the doors, Halko leans over and puts his helmet against the metal barrier. Holding his breath for a moment, he listens for whatever sound that may be transmitted through the metal door and into his helmet.

He will tell the others if he hears anything, otherwise he takes a steps back and levels his STAR at the bay doors, just in case someone does come in to see what just happened.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:30 pm

Perception [67+(15 in Space): 82%]: 1d100 = 27
JiC D20: 1d20 = 9
JiC D100: 1d100 = 95

Conditions: Personal AR 12, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks], Force Disc,

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1280/1450

==~==~==

Augur wrote:Meanwhile, Rosseyn has been busy focusing on his own preparations. He gets his own equipment situated, opens a portal, and ushers everyone through, emerging onto the deck of the ship's interior himself last.


CJ unmerges from the computer, pulls his backpack back to a comfortable position, and limbers his Assault Rifle as his shadowed form floats his hover-disc over to the arriving Nova and Company, "No contact with anything local since you guys left to park. Brainiac, live terminal over there, but I can't read it. Probably Les Iban, can you take a look? ... Nova, if you put a force bubble up, we can minimize any sensors picking up significant decompression when we trigger the doors there."

Prowl 80% [+20% in dark area] = 100%: 1d100 = 95

"Anyone at HQ give us a frequency the 3rd SOG are supposed to be using to check in?"
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:08 am

Perception ☞ 39% 1d100 = 66 (FAIL)

JIC 1d20 = 17
1d100 = 86

Niall steps through Nova's portal to the interior of the Vikelter. The gaping hole exposed to space unnerves him somewhat, and he unconsciously puts himself near the wall, between the terminal and the door.

Fang wrote:"Anyone at HQ give us a frequency the 3rd SOG are supposed to be using to check in?"


Noting that Ryden's probably going to want to crack the computer terminal, Niall considers the problem.

Military Etiquette ☞ 91% 1d100 = 64 (SUCCESS)

"They're probably on radio-silent, and so should we be. But I can scan the usual Arismal channels to see if they're not..."

Like if they're trying to transmit an SOS.

Intelligence ☞ 80% 1d100 = 98 (FAIL)
Intelligence ☞ 80% 1d100 = 15 (SUCCESS)
Radio: Basic ☞ 111% 1d100 = 24 (SUCCESS)

Niall cycles through the usual Arismal military frequencies, listening for any recognizable speech or code.

As he does so, he kneels and orients himself toward the door, in case it unexpectedly opens and we're suddenly facing a squad of Atorian marines.

_______________________


Nova wrote:"Crash, get us in."


Niall will step to the door control mechanism and do his thing. He unclips his toolkits and sets about opening up the door access panel in order to activate the door.

Analyze and Operate Devices ☞ 102% 1d100 = 87 (SUCCESS)
Electrical Engineer ☞ 96% 1d100 = 2 (CRIT SUCCESS)
Mechanical Engineer ☞ 86% 1d100 = 15 (SUCCESS)

If successful, Niall reclips his toolkits to his harness before opening the door, and warns the team: "Ready on the door. Prep for explosive decompression. Hold on to something."

Once everyone's ready for the massive outrush of ship atmo, he'll grab on tight to the bulkhead and trigger the door mechanism.
Last edited by Niall on Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:40 am

Perception: 1d100 = 26/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 3


Ryden wrote:As he does, he calls over to Nova. "Power armor or body armor on this one bossman?"

"Power armor. We're here to assist in a take over. Sneaky will only get us so far."

Niall wrote:Nova - shall I engage the anti-hijacking program? i.e., if anyone but us enters this ship and doesn't enter the proper command codes, the ship auto-self-destructs."

"Affirmative. Make sure we're all identifiable. If we fail here, I refuse to let them learn anymore about us."

Nova steps through the gateway and once everyone else is through, closes it up.

Cairo wrote:"No contact with anything local since you guys left to park. Brainiac, live terminal over there, but I can't read it. Probably Les Iban, can you take a look? ... Nova, if you put a force bubble up, we can minimize any sensors picking up significant decompression when we trigger the doors there."

"I want everyone locked and loaded. Gather around the terminal. With a field behind us, there'll be no room for reversal of course. We don't know what's on the other side of this door, so let's assume its brushheads with a deathwish. Crash, get us in."

Nova gets his pistol in hand before creating a 50 SDC forcefield behind the crew, sealing off the doorway they're about to breach.

While they wait, Nova turns to Ego and says "What happened to your face, Ego? I can feel you looking at me like a machine."
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:10 pm

Rolls Carried Forward wrote:Perception [67+(15 in Space): 82%]: Original post: 1d100 = 27
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 9
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 95


Conditions: Personal AR 12, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks], Force Disc

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1280/1450

==~==~==

Niall wrote:"They're probably on radio-silent, and so should we be. But I can scan the usual Arismal channels to see if they're not..."


"Right, not suggesting we broadcast to them, just to monitor."

If successful, Niall reclips his toolkits to his harness before opening the door, and warns the team: "Ready on the door. Prep for explosive decompression. Hold on to something."


"That was why I had suggested Nova putting a field across there ... " CJ floats his disc along the yellow line shown below, "If we are on the interior-side of a field along there, then there would not be explosive decompression because Nova will have created a seal."

20190228083424-b9dc7be3_2.5.png


He steps back onto his force-disc and moves up to the doorway (to position himself at one of the stars that's out of Niall's way, depending on where he's working with controls) with his rifle at a low-ready position.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Simone Helbrect » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:24 am

Perception: 1d100 = 64/46%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 2; 1d100 = 7
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.

Simone see's the door is well guarded now, moves closer to the team, so as to not be caught alone. I am requisitioning so many things when we get back. Simone thinks rudely at her absolute lack of proper gear. Stacking up next to the others watching the door, Simone also points her S.T.A.R. at the door. "How many crew do you think are onboard?" Far more than we have ammo. Simone thinks in response to her own question.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:55 am

(rolls carried over)

Cairo wrote:"Right, not suggesting we broadcast to them, just to monitor."


Niall looks at the man quizzically. Who said anything about broadcasting...

"That was why I had suggested Nova putting a field across there ... If we are on the interior-side of a field along there, then there would not be explosive decompression because Nova will have created a seal."


Niall sighs. Fang really has a bug in his craw about something... he's been on edge this whole mission "Fang, I'm not Nova. Direct your Nova-related comments Nova-ward. I'm gonna pop this door, and I've issued the standard warning." Really, we're boarding a ship potentially full of brushheads... this is no time to cop an attitude. Head in the game, Fang.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:25 pm

Rolls Carried Forward wrote:Perception [67+(15 in Space): 82%]: Original post: 1d100 = 27
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 9
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 95


Conditions: Personal AR 12, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks], Force Disc

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1280/1450

==~==~==

Shrouded in darkness CJ is glad his sneer can't be seen, *Neither statement was really meant for you Crash. Trying to get some kind of frakking acknowledgment from Brainiac on whether there IS as frequency at issue, and from Nova on whether her understands the request made to him. I thought you pretty silver-spoons ass-kissers were all about politics. I was trying to offer Nova ... who has had his head firmly up his ass since running into that buzzsaw ambush ... a little frakking bit of cover so he could put up the field so there would be no explosive frakking decompression and we could immediately enter upon breaching ... or maybe that's the point. Maybe Crash is just trying to make sure I point out to Nova that if he pops a Forcefield across the doorway only and we are all on the outside of it, there's no decompression, it's just a frakking window and there's also no way in until he drops it. No dice Zeddeus.
I have explained it fragging twice already. He understands and does it, doesn't understand and trusts me, or disagrees ... whatever it is, Mr.-Fearless is the boss.*


Instead he offers the 1st Lieutenant a crisply silent (but proper) salute acknowledging the response.
Last edited by Cairo on Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Corrigon » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:21 pm

Perception Bonus 41% 1d100 = 78
JIC 1d20 = 16 1d100 = 77

Niall wrote:Niall smiles, looking up, then grimaces, as if looking at an Arismal who has traded his face for a bionic replacement.


Frak, it must look bad Corrigon suddenly became self conscious.

Niall wrote:He smiles at Ego. "A wise man once told me, if your unstable genetics are expressing a new power, calm down and concentrate on not doing whatever it is your doing. And congrats on the new tier."


Ryden wrote:"Hah, me wise? Still, its good advice. Lose the metal face Ego, seriously. Or put down your visor so the rest of us don't have to see it." He punches up a monitor so Ego can see himself


Corrigon looks in the mirror and steps back involuntarily; he touches his cheek, but can barely feel anything; in fact the smell of the cockpit was missing. It was strange and would take time to get used to that feeling.

He concentrates for a second and suddenly, Corrigon's normal handsome smiling face reasserted itself and the smell of the cockpit filled his nostrils.
"You know, we really need to invest in some air fresheners in here. It really does smell like Cairo's feet."

Corrigon locks and loads his rifle and steps through the portal, holding it up ready, but quickly sees that there no threat currently on display. With the hole in the hull still open to space, Corrigon instinctively reverts back to his techno form. He may be wearing EBA armour, but he realises his other form doesn't breathe. Any problems and at least he would survive exposure to the vacuum.

Rosseyn wrote:While they wait, Nova turns to Ego and says "What happened to your face, Ego? I can feel you looking at me like a machine."


"It looks like my genetics decided to get a kickstart from the adrenaline of our flight in," he explains, "but not a popular look." he lifts the visor to show the others his face, "I can revert back to normal, but this form has a lot of other abilities I'm still learning."

OOC Comments
Is there the equivalent of a forklift or hoversled in this bay?


Cairo wrote:Brainiac, live terminal over there, but I can't read it. Probably Les Iban, can you take a look?


"I have had training in that language." Corrigon pipes up, his voice now has a slight metallic twang to it, "I can give it a shot." He turns his head and his new vision zooms in on the terminal from across the room.

OOC Comments
Literacy: Imperial Trade Tongue (Les Iban) 52% 1d100 = 58
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:45 pm

JIC: 1d100 = 100, 1d20 = 19
Perception: 83%/1d100 = 80
Computer Hacking 93%/1d100 = 82 - Depending on what the readout says, try and hack it to gain greater access. PASS!
Literacy: Imperial Trade Tongue (Les Iban) 78%/1d100 = 53 - Oh yeah, read it too. PASS!
Computer Programming 113%/1d100 = 10 - to program the Duskhound to do wide spectrum scanning and to record any activity other than static. CRITICAL SUCCESS!
Military: Electronic Warfare 83/1d100 = 15 - to use the EW suit and Duskhound to find frequencies in use and assign them likelihood of use based on previous knowledge. PASS!
Lore: Alien 73%/1d100 = 41 - To remember anything about Atorian Communications, as well as those used by Zed. PASS!

Ryden comes through the portal in his Duskhound. He has a few packs strapped to it as well. Inside he is wearing the new light EW suit and his suit computer. Both are linked to the powerful suite of electronics that defines the Duskhound variant of power armor.
Cairo wrote:"No contact with anything local since you guys left to park. Brainiac, live terminal over there, but I can't read it. Probably Les Iban, can you take a look? ... Nova, if you put a force bubble up, we can minimize any sensors picking up significant decompression when we trigger the doors there."

"Copy that Fang. On it." He moves his power armor near the door and triggers the hot exit protocol, leaving it mag locked to the deck with everything still running and passive.
Cairo wrote:"Anyone at HQ give us a frequency the 3rd SOG are supposed to be using to check in?"

”Not in my briefing packet. That said I'll be monitoring all standard and SOG frequencies, as well as all Atorian and commercial galactic frequencies for any transmissions, and recording them, so if something is said and it trips my algorithms, we'll know pretty quickly. Just need to do a frequency scan before we get too rambunctious with entry. The Duskhound isn't as loud as some, but she ain't a quiet one either." He bends down in front of the computer, reading it without touching it. He hears the tension building and just shakes his head. "As for compliment of crew, I’m planning for way more than we have ammo for. We should look out for ways to seal or disable them in large swaths - think air processing or fire suppression systems.”
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 467
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:01 am

Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: Day 55, 1546
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Environment: Vacuum
Location: In orbit around Chandrakant II, I.S.S. Vikelter

Ship Systems & Stations
Crew Chief Station Systems:
  • Alumina Cloud Dispenser (10 charges)
  • Anti-Missile Chaff (20 chaff globes)
  • Atmospheric Recycling System
  • External Docking Collar (1, foreward, for boarding operations)
  • Grapple System (5000 ton capacity)
  • Magnetic Shield
  • Pressurized Cabin/Airlock Control
  • Self-Destruct System

EWO Station Systems:
  • Electronic Countermeasures
  • Advanced Sensor Package & Satellite Uplink Computer
  • Geologic Sensor Array
  • Scientific Sensor Array
  • Super Navigation Computer
  • Targeting Radar & Combat Computer

Grifter Stations
  • Pilot's Station: Corrigon
  • Co-Pilot's Station: Cairo
  • EWO Station: Ryden
  • Crew Chief Station: Niall
  • (L1) Lima One Port Forward Turret (Lasers): Halko
  • (L2) Lima Two Port Aft Turret (Lasers): Simone
  • (R1) Romeo One: Starboard Forward Turret (Rail Guns): Rosseyn
  • (R2) Romeo Two Starboard Aft Turret (Rail Guns):


Halko notes nothing of use in the bay and heads over to the wall partitioning the bay from space. It doesn't look like a routinely used door. Judging by the wear patterns, he'd guess this wall came down as soon as some sensor determined the air pressure to have suddenly dropped. He rests his helmet against the metal barrier, holds his breath for a moment, and listens--dead silence save for the general hum of an operational ship.

Cairo floats some ideas as he floats across the bay to a position behind Simone.

Simone airs her own question over the group's frequency. "How many crew do you think are onboard?"

Nova draws his pistol after stepping through the portal, closes the portal, then throws up a wall of force to contain the vacuum of the space to prevent explosive decompression.

Ryden comes through the portal in his Duskhound, hears Cairo's suggestion, and walks over to the panel.

Niall is really hesitant and unnerved by this whole endeavor, but when Rosseyn gives him direction, the task at hand seems to focus his mind. He walks over to the terminal, is totally confounded by the language displayed, but intuitively recognizes many of the basic electronic features. Visually tracing the power lines behind the terminal to where they lead, he spots a small access panel on the left side of the terminal, wedges it open in a snap, and sees a mechanical lever within the void covered by the panel. He pulls the lever.

As the containment doors slam open, explosive decompression blows Halko clear across the bay in a fun tumble of arms and legs. Cairo is blown off of his force disc, and his heavy mass slams and bounces across the bay. Corrigon is hurled bodily across the bay like a leaf in the wind. Rosseyn is blown off of his feet and nearly into space. Simone grabs a handhold on a panel on the wall and holds on for dear life. Niall's hand, still wrapped around the lever, clings to it with a tenacity born of desperation. Ryden manages to seize the terminal itself with the powerful hands of his Duskhound to prevent the whole, heavy mass of the PA from slamming across the bay like hefty Cairo.

Halko, Cairo, Rosseyn, and Corrigon find themselves stopped hard by Rosseyn's force-wall, and pinned like bugs on a screen until in some deep recess of the ship, another containment door slams shut and the flow of air ceases. Everyone is momentarily stunned, but quickly recovers their wits when decompression is over.

(Create Force Field: Only the "bubble" closes out gases. Know your powers! :lol: )
MAP REVEAL
Image


What are your intentions?
Butcher's Bill
Grifter: -496 to armor
Cairo
    -175 personal S.D.C.
Rosseyn
    -840 Force Field used
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4797
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:35 pm

Perception [67+(15 in Space): 82%]: 1d100 = 2 <-- Crit
JiC D20: 1d20 = 9
JiC D100: 1d100 = 51


Conditions: Personal AR 12, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks], Force Disc

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1280/1450

==~==~==

Cairo counts the seconds of decompression to try and get an estimate of the volume of atmo released, *Nice job Nova, way to fail to create a flipping seal. How hard is it to just make something large enough to keep a seal?* He smoothly strides forward through the doorway clad in shadowy darkness to cast about for any Brushhead personnel (security teams etc.). If no resistance is encountered, CJ holds up a hand-signal indicating all-clear.

*Contingency
** If he spots anything coming down a hallway towards them, the PA Pilot ducks quickly back out to the bay and holds up a hand (showing the number of opponents spotted (1, 2, 4, etc.))


If the hall/room they are entering is clear, CJ checks their surroundings with an evaluative eye to determine the size of the interior corridors (height? width?), posted-signs that identify their current location (stuff with arrows or apparent labels, etc.), interior lighting sources (is this place lit? if so, how? overhead lighting? how bright?), and the likely mirror/matching (internal) door mechanism so they can shut the door behind them.

If Brainiac or Ego enter behind him, Cairo will inquire, "What was onscreen back there?"

Prowl [+20% in dark area= 100%]: 1d100 = 79
Intelligence [57%]: 1d100 = 5 ... Look around interior for defensible positions and other issues (interior hall dimensions, lighting, controls)
Navigation [130%]: 1d100 = 74 ... any clues where we are?
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:50 pm

Perception ☞ 39% 1d100 = 62 (FAIL)

JIC 1d20 = 12
1d100 = 43


Niall recovers from the decompression, and stands. As the team files into the corridor, Niall looks for a partner panel for the door on the inside. If there is one, once everyone is through Niall shuts the door from this end, so the next door doesn't create the same decompression. There'll still be decomp at the next door, but it won't be as bad... anytime you're in a vaccuum and open a sealed environment to it you'll get some decomp.

Analyze and Operate Devices ☞ 102% 1d100 = 47 (SUCCESS)
Electrical Engineer ☞ 96% 1d100 = 15 (SUCCESS)
Mechanical Engineer ☞ 86% 1d100 = 84 (SUCCESS)

He then falls in silently behind the guys in PAs. Now we just need to find the 3rd and ... and what? leave? Complete their mission? I guess we cross that bridge when we get there.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Simone Helbrect » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:28 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 4/46%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 9; 1d100 = 97
Conditions: Healing Factor & Invulnerability.

Prowl: 1d100 = 89/65% Fail (To make herself less of a target.)

Simone stays put, rifle aimed down the hall. No sense in moving until the others are ready, I'll just keep watch it seems. The Chaplain thinks as she looks down the now oxygenless hallway. They probably heard, felt, noticed that. How many will come to investigate? Simone thinks as she hunkers down and waits, hoping that if someone does come, she'll catch them off guard.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Corrigon » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:42 am

Perception Bonus 41% 1d100 = 41
1d100 = 24 1d20 = 16

current conditions
OOC Comments
immune to mind-affecting powers, drugs, poisons and diseases that affect humans. Also immune to powers that affect the biological, including Bio-Manipulation. immune to gasses, poisons, toxins, diseases, cold-based attacks (no damage), and the vacuum of space, and does not need to breathe.
Auto dodge



As Corrigon picked himself up off the floor, he retrieves his rifle and looks at Rosseyn.

"Next time, warn us please," Corrigon sounds annoyed, though it is not immediately obvious with the robotic voice. Getting sucked out into space would not kill him, but it would certainly be an inconvenience and probably fatal to some of the others. His new power might help him save them, but getting back inside would be a problem.

With the closing door somewhere else stopping the escape of the atmosphere, Corrigon moves to a defensive position near the door. He was ready for combat, though that was more likely to get them killed if there was a prolonged firefight.
"Well, if they didn't know where we were, they do now." Corrigon moves to back up Cairo, scanning the other direction from where Cairo was covering, his rifle up.

Assuming it is still all clear, Corrigon broaches their next step.

"Now they might assume that the breach was caused by whatever the interceptor failed to stop, but when they get in here and find no obvious cause, they will be sounding an alert."

OOC Comments
Intelligence 56% 1d100 = 65 Likely procedures from security forces


"Probably does not need saying, but we need to get further into the ship and stop creating pockets of vacuum. Possibly they will replace the atmosphere here shortly, but we should find an alternate way out of here. Are there any vents or anything we can access?" Corrigon looks around for alternative egress arrangements for them.

Cairo wrote:"What was onscreen back there?"


"I didn't get much chance to read it before before being hurled into a forcefield," Corrigon responds, shrugging. "looks like Niall figured it out though."

Corrigon looks around for any more panels, signs etc. that he can translate and that might help them choose their next move.

"We need to get out of here quickly."

OOC Comments
Prowl 62% 1d100 = 65 to hide in cover in case anybody comes to check on the breach.
Literacy: Other Imperial Trade Tongue (Les Iban) 52% 1d100 = 91 read signs etc.


If another door is about to be opened, Corrigon finds somewhere to brace himself.
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:04 am

(rolls carried over)

Corrigon wrote:"Next time, warn us please,"


Niall speaks up. "You were warned." In fact, you should be thanking boss-man for your ass not free-floating in the void right now.. "Explosive decompression is never fun."

Ego wrote:"I didn't get much chance to read it before before being hurled into a forcefield, looks like Niall figured it out though."


"Nope... I don't read A-tard. Luckily, mechanical objects and physics are not language-dependent."
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:58 pm

JIC:1d20 = 20, 1d100 = 99
Perception: 83%/1d100 = 89
Read Sensory Equipment 73%/1d100 = 33 PASS!
Detect Ambush 63%/1d100 = 74 FAIL!
Intelligence 69%/1d100 = 83 FAIL!
Rolls held from last post:
Computer Hacking 93%/Original post: 1d100 = 82 - Depending on what the readout says, try and hack it to gain greater access. PASS!
Literacy: Imperial Trade Tongue (Les Iban) 78%/Original post: 1d100 = 53 - Oh yeah, read it too. PASS!
Computer Programming 113%/Original post: 1d100 = 10 - to program the Duskhound to do wide spectrum scanning and to record any activity other than static. CRITICAL SUCCESS!
Military: Electronic Warfare 83/Original post: 1d100 = 15 - to use the Duskhound to find frequencies in use and assign them likelihood of their purpose/use based on previous knowledge. PASS!
Lore: Alien 73%/Original post: 1d100 = 41 - To remember anything about Atorian Communications, as well as those used by Zed. PASS!

Ryden engages his mag boots on the duskhound and rides out the decompression. He then glances down and reads the screen. He then steps into the area, rail guns at the ready. He sets the Duskhound to scanning frequencies and the room in general. "Let's not keep them waiting, no chance of finding another way in without moving forward." With that he moves through the airlock, looking for threats and opportunities.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 467
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:37 am

Perception: 1d100 = 84/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 44

Nova picks himself up off the ground and shakes the cobwebs from his head. "That didn't go as I planned. Everyone alright?"

Corrigon wrote:"Next time, warn us please," Corrigon sounds annoyed, though it is not immediately obvious with the robotic voice.

Watch the tone, Ego. "Let's keep it moving." Nova continues forward through the corridor keeping an eye out for cover, obvious ambush points and diverging paths.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:25 am

Cairo wrote:Perception [67+(15 in Space): 82%]: Original post: 1d100 = 2 <-- Crit
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 9
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 51


Conditions: Personal AR 12, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks], Force Disc

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1280/1450

==~==~==

Corrigon wrote:"I didn't get much chance to read it before before being hurled into a forcefield," Corrigon responds, shrugging. "looks like Niall figured it out though."


Cairo glances back at Ego for a moment an catches sight of his lack-of-a face behind the armor's face-shield, "That's new. Is that a secondary armor faceplate? Why didn't you use it Planetside?"

Initially Cairo wonders why the new-kid is walking around with all the love from R&D, if/when he is advised that Ego has developed a mechanical visage his thoughts shift, *Interesting, I wonder if it is something about exposure to Chandrakhant. It feels like initial exposure there has been central to folks developing new powers ... *
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:01 am

Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: Day 55, 1550
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Environment: Vacuum
Location: In orbit around Chandrakant II, I.S.S. Vikelter

Ship Systems & Stations
Crew Chief Station Systems:
  • Alumina Cloud Dispenser (10 charges)
  • Anti-Missile Chaff (20 chaff globes)
  • Atmospheric Recycling System
  • External Docking Collar (1, foreward, for boarding operations)
  • Grapple System (5000 ton capacity)
  • Magnetic Shield
  • Pressurized Cabin/Airlock Control
  • Self-Destruct System

EWO Station Systems:
  • Electronic Countermeasures
  • Advanced Sensor Package & Satellite Uplink Computer
  • Geologic Sensor Array
  • Scientific Sensor Array
  • Super Navigation Computer
  • Targeting Radar & Combat Computer

Grifter Stations
  • Pilot's Station: Corrigon
  • Co-Pilot's Station: Cairo
  • EWO Station: Ryden
  • Crew Chief Station: Niall
  • (L1) Lima One Port Forward Turret (Lasers): Halko
  • (L2) Lima Two Port Aft Turret (Lasers): Simone
  • (R1) Romeo One: Starboard Forward Turret (Rail Guns): Rosseyn
  • (R2) Romeo Two Starboard Aft Turret (Rail Guns):

Ambient Sound of the Starship Interior (Appropriate once the airlock is secured; open in new tab)

Cairo strides into the open passageway wrapped in shadow. He reaches a junction and holds up an arm and open hand. His teammates just see an amorphous, shadowy figure they know to be Cairo. They cannot read any visual signals he may convey due to the effects of his cloak of darkness. Cairo sizes up the passageway and guesstimates the dimensions to be approximately twenty feet wide with twenty foot ceilings. (Map Note: 1 square = 10') The interior passageways are very well lit by a combination of lightbars running the length of both the ceiling and the walls of the passage at about one hundred watts of illumination, easily bright enough to blind an unprotected Arismal. It's pretty clear that they managed to breach a little-used cargo hold. Cairo calls back, "What was on-screen back there?"

Niall gets to his feet and strides just past the airlock, looking for the airlock's paired control panel. He spots it readily and is about to secure the door behind them when he notices Simone is hunkered down inside the cargo hold still, rifle at the ready.

"Well, if they didn't know where we were, they do now." Corrigon moves to back up Cairo, occasionally looking back over his shoulder at his teammates, weapon at the ready. "Now they might assume that the breach was caused by whatever the interceptor failed to stop, but when they get in here and find no obvious cause, they will be sounding an alert. Probably does not need saying, but we need to get further into the ship and stop creating pockets of vacuum. Possibly they will replace the atmosphere here shortly, but we should find an alternate way out of here. Are there any vents or anything we can access?" Responding to Cairo's query, he answers, "I didn't get much chance to read it before before being hurled into a forcefield, looks like Niall figured it out though." Observing little beyond the occasional sign indicating the direction of the cargo hold from which they just emerged, he adds, "We need to get out of here quickly." He finds there to be little in the way of defensive cover in these wide, open halls, and that makes him nervous.

Ryden rides out the decompression in his Duskhound without much concern. He then makes his way to the screen and reads the sequential list.
    Hull breach detected.
    Emergency containment initiated.
    Manual override engaged.
    Status report broadcast.
He then steps into the passageway, rail guns at the ready. He scans frequencies in the room and picks up an encrypted wireless data signal that smacks of an automated process, likely a damage control status signal. "Let's not keep them waiting, no chance of finding another way in without moving forward." He then follows the others into the passageway.

Nova picks himself up off the ground and shakes the cobwebs from his head. "That didn't go as I planned. Everyone alright?" Receiving terse replies, he mentally notes the team's tension and bubbling internal conflicts. "Let's keep it moving." Rosseyn says and moves into the corridor. His senses are immediately overwhelmed by awareness of an incalculable number of machines. He does his best to mentally filter out all the routine and inconsequential things to which he's accustomed and single out security devices. He finds himself immediately inside the emergency breach door, and regarding a control panel Niall's standing beside, and over Rosseyn's shoulder he senses a camera watching that panel. At the end of the long passage, there's another camera pointed his direction.

Cairo glances back at Ego and notes his new visage behind the face-shield, "That's new. Is that a secondary armor face-plate? Why didn't you use it planetside?" He then shuts up with a quickness. There's the sound of motion coming from further down the passage.


Map Link (open in new tab)
Hopefully the red symbols on the map are clear enough.
Map Note: 1 square = 10'


What are your intentions?
Butcher's Bill
Grifter: -496 to armor
Cairo
    -175 personal S.D.C.
Rosseyn
    -840 Force Field used
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4797
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:30 pm

Perception [67+(15 in Space): 82%]: 1d100 = 49
JiC D20: 1d20 = 7
JiC D100: 1d100 = 67

Conditions: Personal AR 12, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks], Force Disc

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1282/1450

==~==~==

CJ hears something incoming at the far end of the spacious hallway, "Hall End, to the Right we have incoming. Near Corner on my right we have what looks like cover. Brainiac, Crash, Ego? Can you guys check this offshoot for anything useful? Call for backup if you run into anything, we will do the same."

*Those are our 3 least Combat-Ready, assuming the stripping-chaplain actually can't be hurt. Keeping direct sight off of the Wardog may limit what they deploy to deal with us, and if there's anything useful in there they'll find it. If not, the doorway can provide downrange cover.*

Intelligence [57%]: 1d100 = 17

A stray thought floats by "Nova, can you make a small Field down that Hall? Just a Foot-High thing like a tripline? Doesn't need to stop them."

As the PA-Pilot moves up to doorway cover and opts to begin lobbing force-discs at lights (first immediately local, then far side of the hall so Nova's field will be missed) until there are any kind of actual opponents, he actively misses his Wardog, *Little things help. They may know their general ship layout, but this cargo hold hasn't gotten much use so they probably are not used to navigating it near-blind. Killing the lights gets us a bit closer to parity.* In the end, CJ hopes to knock out about 2/3 of the lights, so that the interior will still be useable by the Arismal, but is less comfortable for the ship's occupants (and make sure that he can maximize use of his shadow-cloak).

Cairo will dodge any apparent attack he spots.

"Combat as Needed"
APM: 7
Initiative [+5]: 1d20+5 = 17

1. Move to partial cover and throw Disc @ light (if no opponents), otherwise at opponent chest/weapon height 1d20+11 = 22 5d6+5 = 24 dmg.
2. Disc @ light (if no opponents), otherwise at opponent chest/weapon height 1d20+11 = 15 5d6+5 = 24 dmg.
3. Disc @ light (if no opponents), otherwise at opponent chest/weapon height 1d20+11 = 20 5d6+5 = 26 dmg.
4. Disc @ light (if no opponents), otherwise at opponent chest/weapon height 1d20+11 = 12 5d6+5 = 25 dmg.
5. Disc @ light (if no opponents), otherwise at opponent chest/weapon height 1d20+11 = 14 5d6+5 = 23 dmg.
6. Disc @ light (if no opponents), otherwise at opponent chest/weapon height 1d20+11 = 23 5d6+5 = 22 dmg.
7. Disc @ light (if no opponents), otherwise at opponent chest/weapon height 1d20+11 = 18 5d6+5 = 26 dmg.

Auto-Dodge [+9]: 1d20+9 = 25, 1d20+9 = 26, 1d20+9 = 25, 1d20+9 = 19, 1d20+9 = 24
Last edited by Cairo on Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:26 am

Perception ☞ 39% 1d100 = 84 (FAIL)

JIC 1d20 = 18
1d100 = 43


Niall gives Simone time to get through the portal before closing it (as noted in previous post). Once she's through, he closes the portal so as not to vent all the precious, precious atmo at the next blast door.

There's still gonna be some explosive decomp when we get there, as the air rushes to fill this voided space... but that can't be helped.

Fang wrote:"Hall End, to the Right we have incoming. Near Corner on my right we have what looks like cover. Brainiac, Crash, Ego? Can you guys check this offshoot for anything useful? Call for backup if you run into anything, we will do the same."


Niall screws up his face in perplexity. "We have incoming and he wants us to explore? Niall disregards this odd request and hunkers in place, ready to combat whatever comes around the corner, unless ordered differently by Nova.

Intelligence ☞ 80% 1d100 = 93 (using standard ship protocols, try to figure out who/what is incoming - FAIL)
Military Etiquette ☞ 91% 1d100 = 17 (SUCCESS)

If anyone's coming - they'll be in EBA... they're likely a technician sent to examine whatever caused not one but two breaches. Maybe a Marine or two as a guard - depending on the ship's crew complement.

Quietly, he says, "Probably a tech incoming, or a small team of techs. We should disable them fast before they can report in."

The thought of finally confronting an honest-to-the-gods Atorian has Niall's nerves on edge, and his right leg begins to shake as adrenaline from fear and anticipation courses through his veins. His stomach twisted in knots, he is nonetheless determined to make them pay.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Simone Helbrect » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:03 am

Perception: 1d100 = 28/46%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 1; 1d100 = 46
Conditions: Healing Factor & Invulnerability.

Simone rolls her eyes. Moving from her spot, she quickly joins the others, but is basically stopped by the wall of people in front of her. Put the invulnerable one in the back, makes sense I guess. Simone nods to Niall as she gets caught up. "Thanks" she says, not that it can be heard in the vacuum of space. Wonder if we should worry about cameras? They seem unconcerned about them. Simone keeps her tongue in check as she's the new guy in the team and these are obvious professionals. Simone will keep following the pack forward, stopping when they've blocked the hall in front of her.

Open in Case of Combat
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 12
Number of Actions: 7

Will not fire if she is likely to hit a teammate. This is likely to be the case as literally everyone is in front of her.
Action One: Shoot available target with A.D.F. Shipboard Tactical Rifle. (Strike: 1d20 = 5; Damage: 1d8*10 = 30)
Action Two: Shoot available target with A.D.F. Shipboard Tactical Rifle. (Strike: 1d20 = 1 Crit Fail; Damage: 1d8*10 = 40)
Action Three: Shoot available target with A.D.F. Shipboard Tactical Rifle. (Strike: 1d20 = 16; Damage: 1d8*10 = 40)
Action Four: Shoot available target with A.D.F. Shipboard Tactical Rifle. (Strike: 1d20 = 11; Damage: 1d8*10 = 70)
Action Five: Shoot available target with A.D.F. Shipboard Tactical Rifle. (Strike: 1d20 = 7; Damage: 1d8*10 = 50)
Action Six: Shoot available target with A.D.F. Shipboard Tactical Rifle. (Strike: 1d20 = 20 Critical; Damage: 1d8*10 = 60 Critical: 120)
Action Seven: Shoot available target with A.D.F. Shipboard Tactical Rifle. (Strike: 1d20 = 6; Damage: 1d8*10 = 30)

Parries if needed: 1d20+13 = 23, 1d20+13 = 33, 1d20+13 = 27, 1d20+13 = 14, 1d20+13 = 21, 1d20+13 = 27, 1d20+13 = 27.
Auto-Dodges: 1d20+5 = 24, 1d20+5 = 19, 1d20+5 = 18, 1d20+5 = 13, 1d20+5 = 9, 1d20+5 = 17, 1d20+5 = 15.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:22 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 17/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 20/1d100 = 86

Sensing the cameras changes Rosseyn's priorities for the squad. "Camera at the end of the hall and one pointed at the panel we just used. Crash, get this one off line now." He points at the camera aiming at the console. We may already be made.
Cairo wrote:"Hall End, to the Right we have incoming. Near Corner on my right we have what looks like cover. Brainiac, Crash, Ego? Can you guys check this offshoot for anything useful? Call for backup if you run into anything, we will do the same."
This insertion gets less and less secret every second.
Cairo wrote:"Nova, can you make a small Field down that Hall? Just a Foot-High thing like a tripline? Doesn't need to stop them."
Rosseyn creates a low 20 SDC wall one foot high just after the corner to trip up anything coming through. "Field in place. Lights out, but remember there's still a camera down there. Helbrecht, if fire breaks out, you're up first. The rest of you, you have your orders."

Rosseyn waits patiently for whatever is coming around the corner with his Galactic Pistol drawn.

Combat
APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 20 (+3 vs guns and machines) (+4 vs AI, computers and auto defense systems)

Actions 1-2: Create Force Field
Actions 3-4: Aimed Shot using Galactic Standard Pistol at Enemy. Strike: 1d20+10 = 16 Damage: 5d6 = 20
Actions 5-6: Aimed Shot using Galactic Standard Pistol at Enemy. Strike: 1d20+10 = 11 Damage: 5d6 = 18
Action 7: Reserved for Dodge.

Dodge: 1d20+6 = 22
Auto-dodge vs machines: 1d20+4 = 241d20+4 = 181d20+4 = 91d20+4 = 211d20+4 = 141d20+4 = 91d20+4 = 7
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:42 am

Rosseyn wrote:Sensing the cameras changes Rosseyn's priorities for the squad. "Camera at the end of the hall and one pointed at the panel we just used. Crash, get this one off line now." He points at the camera aiming at the console.


*Internal cameras? Blast it ... Or rather I would if I could find the thing. "Damn. Can you disable the far camera Nova?" He moves up (2 squares) and takes partial cover at the bulkhead/frame by the doorway and begins lobbing Force Discusses (first at immediately nearby lighting, then the far end of the hall, but he leaves a few operational).

Rosseyn wrote:Rosseyn creates a low 20 SDC wall one foot high just after the corner to trip up anything coming through. "Field in place. Lights out, but remember there's still a camera down there. Helbrecht, if fire breaks out, you're up first. The rest of you, you have your orders."


*I had figured her for the back because she has no combat experience to speak of, and if a hole gets blown in her EBA ... wait that's My EBA. Frak. Anyways if the seals go, she's going to suffocate in short order. Whereas if they get through mine, I will be fine ... and not to be sexist an unenlightened or whatever indignant accusation New-Girl would level, but until we get the cloning process down women are more valuable than men, so we should leave her in the flipping back. If you took 10 Men and all the Women in Fleet, you could probably rebuild the race. If you took 10 Women and all the Men in the Fleet, you'd just have 10 satisfied women ... I guess we just hope she survives until we get somewhere with Atmosphere. Worst comes to worst, if she's suffocating, Nova can create a Portal and send her back to the Grifter.*

Niall wrote:Quietly, he says, "Probably a tech incoming, or a small team of techs. We should disable them fast before they can report in."


The PA Pilot is unconvinced, *That is either surprisingly optimistic, or naive Crash. These guys have a large Carrier in potentially hostile space, sitting inside a 10-mile wide force-field designed to prevent things like Hull breaches and successive decompression ... My credits are on a bunch of well armed robots or cyborgs that don't need Atmo.*. Nevertheless he sees no point in talking back, "Maybe. We can hope so."

OOC: Combat contingency edited above.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Corrigon » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:11 am

Perception Bonus 41% 1d100 = 7
JIC 1d20 = 14 1d100 = 23
Initiative 1d20+2 = 19
APM 6

Cairo wrote: "That's new. Is that a secondary armor faceplate? Why didn't you use it Planetside?"


"Not exactly!" Corrigon replies, his voice slightly robotic in timbre. Corrigon switches back to his human face for a few seconds before changing again.

"Perhaps it was the stress of the insertion, something on Chandrakant or even something about this squad. I've noticed a few other changes. Not sure exactly what it means for me, but hopefully come in handy." He looks at the hull and begins calculating what was worth consuming Oh lords, that is going to take some getting used to.

Cairo wrote:"Hall End, to the Right we have incoming. Near Corner on my right we have what looks like cover. Brainiac, Crash, Ego? Can you guys check this offshoot for anything useful? Call for backup if you run into anything, we will do the same."


Corrigon hefts his rifle up and moves to the corner by the offshoot. He concentrates for a moment, listening when the door is opened for what comes through.

OOC Comments
using my Techno Form - His cybernetic hearing lets the character hear a whisper at up to 200 feet (61.5 m) away, and that hearing gives him an automatic dodge on all attacks; even from behind/surprise. When somebody
Prowl 62% 1d100 = 36


Niall wrote:Quietly, he says, "Probably a tech incoming, or a small team of techs. We should disable them fast before they can report in."


"Understood," doubting with their luck it would be that simple.

OOC Comments
Combat rolls
APM 6

Aimed shot
1d20+5 = 24 1d8*10 = 40
1d20+5 = 23 1d8*10 = 20
1d20+5 = 23 1d8*10 = 30


Stay behind cover
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:24 pm

JIC:1d20 = 1, 1d100 = 11
Perception: 83%/1d100 = 37 PASS!
Read Sensory Equipment 73%/1d100 = 61 To get readings off whatever is incoming. PASS!
Intelligence 69%/1d100 = 35 To figure out any readouts or signs and what they might tell him about the situation. PASS!
Literacy: Imperial Trade Tongue (Les Iban) 78%/1d100 = 67 - Reading PASS!
Conditions
Analytical Mind: A well-structured and ordered mind, the character's brain is able to process huge amounts of data quickly, figure out what's most important and logical, and likely conclusions and potential trouble areas/problems. In addition, the character is able to calculate numbers like a computer, performing complex calculations all in his head. Furthermore, the character can see the big picture, anticipate trouble and already have a plan in place to avoid the trouble or fix a problem.
Danger Sense: The ability to sense immediate personal danger. The warning time is 3 seconds in advance per level (18 seconds) and makes him hyper alert and ready to act or react at a moment's notice - Cannot be attacked by surprise.

"Good idea, I'll get the wardog out of sight until we need to go super loud. Crash, Ego, let me take point though." With that he moves with haste to the offshoot, his arms raised to firing position, ready to waste any hostiles. He peeks around the corner before moving into the passage, just in case it's part of the hallway the hostiles are coming down.
Rolls if combat breaks out
Initiative: 1d20+10 = 23
Action 1: Shoot Bad Guys with left gun 1d20+6 = 21 2d4 = 6x10=60 MD; Parry if Needed 1d20+10 = 26
Action 2: Shoot Bad Guys with right gun 1d20+6 = 17 2d4 = 4x10=40 MD; Parry if Needed 1d20+10 = 26
Action 3: Shoot Bad Guys with left gun 1d20+6 = 12 2d4 = 3x10=30 MD; Parry if Needed 1d20+10 = 18
Action 4: Shoot Bad Guys with right gun 1d20+6 = 23 2d4 = 8x10=80 MD; Parry if Needed 1d20+10 = 16
Action 5: Shoot Bad Guys with left gun 1d20+6 = 23 (NAT 20!) 2d4 = 4x10=40x2=80 MD; Parry if Needed 1d20+10 = 26
Action 6: Shoot Bad Guys with right gun 1d20+6 = 19 2d4 = 5x10=50 MD; Parry if Needed 1d20+10 = 12
Action 7: Shoot Bad Guys with left gun 1d20+6 = 16 2d4 = 2x10=20 MD; Parry if Needed 1d20+10 = 20
Action 8: Shoot Bad Guys with right gun 1d20+6 = 20 2d4 = 5x10=50 MD; Parry if Needed 1d20+10 = 14
Action 9: Shoot Bad Guys with left gun 1d20+6 = 26 (NAT 20!) 2d4 = 3x10=30x2=60 MD; Parry if Needed 1d20+10 = 20
Action 10: Shoot Bad Guys with right gun 1d20+6 = 18 2d4 = 7x10=70 MD; Parry if Needed 1d20+10 = 13
Action 11: Shoot Bad Guys with left gun 1d20+6 = 9 2d4 = 3x10=30 MD; Parry if Needed 1d20+10 = 22

Abort to dodge: 1d20+13 = 33, 1d20+13 = 25, 1d20+13 = 22, 1d20+13 = 15, 1d20+13 = 19, 1d20+13 = 26, 1d20+13 = 33, 1d20+13 = 25, 1d20+13 = 30, 1d20+13 = 23
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 467
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:57 pm

Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: Day 55, 1550
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Environment: Vacuum
Location: In orbit around Chandrakant II, I.S.S. Vikelter

Ship Systems & Stations
Crew Chief Station Systems:
  • Alumina Cloud Dispenser (10 charges)
  • Anti-Missile Chaff (20 chaff globes)
  • Atmospheric Recycling System
  • External Docking Collar (1, foreward, for boarding operations)
  • Grapple System (5000 ton capacity)
  • Magnetic Shield
  • Pressurized Cabin/Airlock Control
  • Self-Destruct System

EWO Station Systems:
  • Electronic Countermeasures
  • Advanced Sensor Package & Satellite Uplink Computer
  • Geologic Sensor Array
  • Scientific Sensor Array
  • Super Navigation Computer
  • Targeting Radar & Combat Computer

Grifter Stations
  • Pilot's Station: Corrigon
  • Co-Pilot's Station: Cairo
  • EWO Station: Ryden
  • Crew Chief Station: Niall
  • (L1) Lima One Port Forward Turret (Lasers): Halko
  • (L2) Lima Two Port Aft Turret (Lasers): Simone
  • (R1) Romeo One: Starboard Forward Turret (Rail Guns): Rosseyn
  • (R2) Romeo Two Starboard Aft Turret (Rail Guns):

Ambient Sound of the Starship Interior (open in new tab & listen while you read)

Cairo alerts the others. "Hall End, to the Right we have incoming. Near Corner on my right we have what looks like cover. Brainiac, Crash, Ego? Can you guys check this offshoot for anything useful? Call for backup if you run into anything, we will do the same. Nova, can you make a small Field down that Hall? Just a Foot-High thing like a trip-line? Doesn't need to stop them." He finds partial cover at the intersection and starts throwing force discs at the recessed lighting running the length of the sides of the halls and ceiling, and manages to smash two (out of perhaps scores or hundreds) before bigger events divert his attention.

Rosseyn's informs the squad. "Camera at the end of the hall and one pointed at the panel we just used. Crash, get this one off line now." He points at the camera aiming at the console.

Niall disregards Cairo's odd request and hunkers down where he is. Quietly, he says, "Probably a tech incoming, or a small team of techs. We should disable them fast before they can report in." He notes that Halko is providing a great deal of cover for him, standing where he is, seemingly bored or disinterested in the building tension.

Corrigon overhears and simply says, "Understood." After blathering on about his newly manifested ability, he brings his rifle to attention and moves to the corner by the offshoot. He concentrates for a moment, listening when the door is opened for what comes through, only it's not a door but an open passageway, and he finds himself instinctively following Cairo's example and ducking back a bit into the intersection to get some partial cover.

Simone nods to Niall as she gets caught up. "Thanks," she says, takes a knee, and puts her STAR to her shoulder and at the ready.

Rosseyn calls out, "Field in place. Lights out, but remember there's still a camera down there. Helbrecht, if fire breaks out, you're up first. The rest of you, you have your orders." He finds himself braced for action with his weapon just over Simone's helmet and realizes he has some pretty decent coverage considering her position and abilities. Still, it's a very long passageway. The terminus of the passage is likely just beyond the effective range of his pistol.

Ryden hollers at the others, "Good idea, I'll get the wardog out of sight until we need to go super loud. Crash, Ego, let me take point though." He makes his way "south" until his war dog is standing in a circular shaped intersection. An easterly passageway seems to stop rather abruptly with a pair of what look like blast doors that have been very thoroughly fused shut, but it branches off before the fused doors into a southerly passageway. Ryden picks up an EM spike coming from the end of the main corridor in which is the rest of the team. Ryden quickly picks up that there's a notable scarcity of signage in the passageways and at intersections. On a normal sized ship, they're not exactly offensive in number like in a commercial district in a major city, but they're fairly ubiquitous. Given that this ship is the size of many respectable cities back on the homeworld, the relative scarcity of signage tells Ryden that something is very unusual about this ship. He does pick out one small sign in the imperial trade tongue that catches his eye as potentially being important. It simply reads "Transporter," and its placement seems to indicate that this transporter is further down the passageway "south" of his position.

A few moments later, three humanoid figures round the corner at a swift walking pace.
Image
The first stumbles a couple feet over the force barrier, but the second clearly must have been paying attention as it neatly steps over the short barrier. Within seconds, weapons are drawn and a trio of synthetic voices sound off with the same script. "ARISMAL INTRUDERS: YOU WILL LAY DOWN YOUR ARMS AND SUBMIT TO IMPERIAL JUSTICE."

(First two actions spent by this stage.)



Cairo's combat instincts urge him to take the initiative and he begins the engagement by loosing a force disc at the lead bot. Simone shoots the lead bot her STAR, and lands a solid hit to its apparently rather heavily armored frame. The bots open fire with hand held energy rifles of some imperial design. The bluish white blasts are not followed by any further attempts at negotiation or command. Despite his tactical position, Cairo's caught flat-footed with one of the opening blasts despite his instinctive attempt to jerk back out of the way. His visor no longer shows the normal heads-up display and the transparent faceplate is now visibly blackened by dark striations reminiscent of lightning bolts like one would see on a normal night on the homeworld. Simone instinctively jukes a shot as she's laying down suppressive fire, and the shot hits Rosseyn behind her. Halko takes a blast, but doesn't even seem to notice it.

Rosseyn concentrates fire on the lead bot with his pistol and lands a solid hit. The damage is visible, and slowly mounting, but it's clear that these bots are pretty heavily armored. Cairo overextends himself in attempt to throw another disc and uncharacteristically falls flat on his face in a rare demonstration of clumsiness. Thankfully, this embarrassing moment is mostly concealed by his shroud of shadow. Corrigon leans out and lays down cover fire so Cairo can get back to relative safety. He lands a solid hit against the lead bot, and reflexively jukes back for a bit of cover. Simone shoots the lead bot her STAR, but the effects are superficial at best. Simone ducks another blast, but it's a bit wide and this one doesn't catch Rosseyn like the first. Despite his distance downrange and his partial cover, Niall is caught by a blast from the bots. Halko's caught by another stray blast but maintains his impersonation of a statue.

Cairo gets to his feet and back behind the partial cover provided by the intersection walls. Simone tries to shoot the lead bot her STAR, but her aim is slightly off and the slug simply impacts a bulkhead further downrange. Despite her reflexive instincts and agility, Simone gets caught by two blasts, but Rosseyn senses being targeted and manages to duck a shot by literally ducking behind Simone for a split second.

Rosseyn concentrates fire on the lead bot with his pistol and lands another solid hit. Cairo recovers a bit of his self-respect with a lightning quick force disc into the heavy armor of the oncoming, lead bot. Corrigon tests the adage that fortune favors the bold by stepping out from cover long enough to blast the lead bot. Simone finally gets her shit together and quits playing around. Her next slug sent downrange seems to practically follow the previous two shots from her teammates, and the result is a blast that staggers the bot in mid-step and leaves a smoking hole where the symbol of the empire used to be. Corrigon is caught flat-footed by return fire and learns that such boldness often comes at a steep price. Halko is again blasted, and Simone evades another bit of return fire that's somehow off enough that it doesn't hit Rosseyn behind her. Cairo follows up the damage wrought against the lead bot with another force disc as Simone again tries to shoot the lead bot her STAR, but her aim is off once more and the slug impacts a bulkhead further downrange.


Lead Bot: -332 Main Body S.D.C.

GM Quick Tip: From Rosseyn to robots is 180-200' in range depending on target.

MAP REVEAL (open in new tab)
Map Note: 1 square = 10'


What are your intentions?
Butcher's Bill
Grifter: -496 to armor
Halko: +90 Energy Damage
Simone: -4 shots; -50 S.D.C. to armor's main body
Corrigon: -3 shots; -60 S.D.C. to armor's main body
Niall: -20 S.D.C. to armor's main body
Cairo: -175 personal S.D.C., -100 S.D.C. to helmet, Multi-optic & targeting HUD in helmet visor fried
Rosseyn: -2 shots; -20 S.D.C., -860 Force Field used
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4797
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:50 pm

Perception [67+(15 in Space): 82%]: 1d100 = 38
JiC D20: 1d20 = 18
JiC D100: 1d100 = 8

Conditions: Personal AR 12, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks], Force Disc

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1282/1450

==~==~==

Augur wrote:A few moments later, three humanoid figures round the corner at a swift walking pace ... The first stumbles a couple feet over the force barrier, but the second clearly must have been paying attention as it neatly steps over the short barrier


*Awww Damn that would have been great ...* muses Cairo just long enough to take a shot to the helmet that fries his optics, "Frak that." After several blasts with his force discuses (closing out the 1st round), Cairo comes to the conclusion that these dumbass tinmen need to be taken down a peg before Nova calls for another frakking retreat. He launches down the corridor 3-ft high at speed (~60mph, he can cover the full distance in under 1 action) towards the rear-most robot, grabs onto it's back, and lifts. *In the thick of them, only the back one can engage me unless the other 2 turn around and give their backs to the others. Looks like the same model we have back on the Grifter, so it should be less than 1,000lbs, and weak compared to me.*

Fang will then use the Atorian Bot (3) as weapon and hurl it at its foremost-compatriot (Bot-1). Then turn on the other Bot (2), confident that the First SOG will finish off the other 2 that should be trashed up. Meanwhile he intends to attack the last Bot and keep its attention.

He will use his club to parry anything possible, and Autododge on anything that cannot be parried.

APM: 7
Initiative [+5]: 1d20+5 = 9

1. Launch down the hallway and grab Rear-Robot from behind. Grab EP CRIT
2. Hit lead Robot-1 with Rear-Robot (from behind?), *unless doing so would mean throwing at Simone if that's the case then throw at the other (Robot-2). EP CRIT Strike, 6d6*6 = 150*2 + 64 = 364 Damage ... assuming a weight of 600lbs [HU GMG Pg 55]
3. Move behind other Robot-2 (the one not involved in the throw from APM 1-2) and pull Energy club. *** Contingency, if it is now facing the rear of the hallway away from Halko, CJ just pulls his Energy club because his intent is to put its back towards the others.
4. Attack Robot-2 with E-Club. 1d20+15 = 29 3d6+32 = 40 dmg.
5. Attack Robot-2 with E-Club. 1d20+15 = 21 3d6+32 = 41 dmg.
6. Attack Robot-2 with E-Club. 1d20+15 = 26 3d6+32 = 44 dmg.
7. Attack Robot-2 with E-Club. 1d20+15 = 32 3d6+32 = 38 dmg.

Parry as plausible with E-Club [+17]: 1d20+17 = 36, 1d20+17 = 26, 1d20+17 = 31, 1d20+17 = 27, 1d20+17 = 34

Auto-Dodge [+9]: EP Crit if needed, 1d20+9 = 28, 1d20+9 = 18, 1d20+9 = 13, 1d20+9 = 10, 1d20+9 = 24, 1d20+9 = 23, 1d20+9 = 14

OOC: CJ has a potential range up to 30ft for a weight of 9,000lbs. Then again the damage from GMG assumes 1G, and we are @ .9G ... so maybe there should be a damage adjustment.
Last edited by Cairo on Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:13 am

Perception ☞ 39% 1d100 = 63

JIC 1d20 = 4
1d100 = 88

When Niall sees the trio of robots, his face screws up in disgust. "Frak."

Pulse pounding, he hunkers down behind Halko to present as small a target as possible before unleashing blasts of his energy at the metallic enemy.

"ARISMAL INTRUDERS: YOU WILL LAY DOWN YOUR ARMS AND SUBMIT TO IMPERIAL JUSTICE."


As Niall's armor takes a blast during the opening salvo, he gathers his wits. Adrenaline courses through Niall's veins, and he struggles to keem himself in place, to face his enemy. The fear is almost too much. He clamps his jaws to prevent himself from saying anything, and tries to focus on the job at hand. FrakFrakFrak! Okay, keep it together Zeddeus... aim and fire, aim and fire. His hands shake almost imperceptibly, affecting his aim.

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 14
APM: 6

Action 1-2: Aim and Blast lead bot 1d20+3 = 15; Damage 12d6 = 38
Action 3-4: Aim and Blast lead bot 1d20+3 = 19; Damage 12d6 = 39
Action 5: Blast lead bot 1d20+1 = 4; Damage 12d6 = 49
Action 6: Reserved for dodge 1d20+3 = 18 (+2 additional if in melee range)

If any of the bots make it into Melee range, Niall's actions (2 - 6) change as follows:

Action 2: Draw Vibrosword
Action 3: activate Sliding Field
Action 4: Slash 1d20+4 = 20; Damage 4d6+8 = 17
Action 5: Slash 1d20+4 = 8; Damage 4d6+8 = 21
Action 6: Reserved for dodge, as noted above.

Parries if needed: 2) 1d20+3 = 11; 3) 1d20+3 = 20; 4) 1d20+3 = 6; 5) 1d20+3 = 10; 6) 1d20+3 = 8
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Corrigon » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:37 am

Perception 41% 1d100 = 32
JIC 1d100 = 10 1d20 = 13
initiative 1d20+2 = 3

Corrigon touches the area of his chest that now encloses his locket, praying to the Gods for luck.

Augur wrote:"ARISMAL INTRUDERS: YOU WILL LAY DOWN YOUR ARMS AND SUBMIT TO IMPERIAL JUSTICE."


"So much for a couple of techs!!" Corrigon responds, opening fire on the robots.

As his armour is struck, his adrenaline or is it something else now kicks in. Thank shock for the armour Corrigon thinks, trying to stay in cover, whilst returning fire.
"We need to deal with these things quickly and get the frak out of here before reinforcements turn up and overwhelm us."
The fact these robots came down here without any Atorians or living backup. I wonder if there is anything living onboard this vessel at all? The fact there was atmosphere implies yes, but the lack of reaction and underwhelming level of response might suggest only a skeleton crew and maybe not even a lot of robots. What the frak is the purpose of this vessel?

If cairo knocks down the robots, Corrigon will move to a better position if needbe to aim for the head of any robot knocked prone in order to disable it quicker.

OOC Comments
Shooting 18 shots remaining on rifle
Action 1 1d20+3 = 18 1d8*10 = 20
action 2 1d20+3 = 18 1d8*10 = 30
action 3 1d20+3 = 22 1d8*10 = 60
action 4 1d20+3 = 10 1d8*10 = 20
action 5 1d20+3 = 23 1d8*10 = 20 critical 40
action 6 1d20+3 = 16 1d8*10 = 80

if cairo succeeds on going fully hulk on the robots, corrigon will move closer and aim for the head of any robot on the floor
Action 1-2 1d20+5 = 20 1d8*10 = 30 - 2 attacks each
action 3-4 1d20+5 = 18 1d8*10 = 30
action 5-6v1d20+5 = 22 1d8*10 = 30

Auto dodge - will rely on this to dodge any attacks
1d20+3 = 10
1d20+3 = 21
1d20+3 = 11
1d20+3 = 7
1d20+3 = 20
1d20+3 = 18
1d20+3 = 6
1d20+3 = 13
1d20+3 = 19
1d20+3 = 20
1d20+3 = 14
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:23 am

(rolls carried over)

Corrigon wrote:"So much for a couple of techs!!"


Niall attempts a joke to calm his nerves, "Hey, they're technical! Maybe I meant technical and not technicians, you don't know!" Despite this, the adrenaline in his blood give an edge to his voice that conveys he is aware this is serious business.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Simone Helbrect » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:19 am

Perception: 1d100 = 78/46%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 18; 1d100 = 25
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.

OOC Comments
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 7
Number of Attacks: 7

Action One: Heightened Speed (260 mph) Charge lead Robot and Body Block/Tackle. (Strike: 1d20+9 = 15; Damage: 1d4+54 = 55 plus possible knockdown (HU2 pg 65))
Action Two: Point Blank fire A.D.F. Shipboard Tactical Rifle into Lead Robot. (Strike: 1d20 = 17; Damage: 1d8*10 = 30)
Action Three: Point Blank fire A.D.F. Shipboard Tactical Rifle into Lead Robot or nearest robot if Lead is down. (Strike: 1d20 = 4; Damage: 1d8*10 = 20)
Action Four: Point Blank fire A.D.F. Shipboard Tactical Rifle into Lead Robot or nearest robot if Lead is down. (Strike: 1d20 = 10; Damage: 1d8*10 = 80)
Action Five: Point Blank fire A.D.F. Shipboard Tactical Rifle into Lead Robot or nearest robot if Lead is down. (Strike: 1d20 = 10; Damage: 1d8*10 = 60)
Action Six: Point Blank fire A.D.F. Shipboard Tactical Rifle into Lead Robot or nearest robot if Lead is down. (Strike: 1d20 = 4; Damage: 1d8*10 = 70)
Action Seven: Point Blank fire A.D.F. Shipboard Tactical Rifle into Lead Robot or nearest robot if Lead is down. (Strike: 1d20 = 2; Damage: 1d8*10 = 60)

Parries as Needed: 1d20+13 = 32, 1d20+13 = 23, 1d20+13 = 24, 1d20+13 = 14, 1d20+13 = 18, 1d20+13 = 29, 1d20+13 = 33.
Auto-Dodges as Needed: 1d20+5 = 10, 1d20+5 = 20, 1d20+5 = 21, 1d20+5 = 12, 1d20+5 = 9, 1d20+5 = 24, 1d20+5 = 9.


I guess I can hold my breath worst case scenario. Simone thinks as she grimaces when the armor she's borrowing is hit. "Coming through!" Simone says as she charges the lead robot, ducking her shoulder to slam into the contraption in hopes of knocking it down, or destroying it. Once Simone is in the thick of it, she begins to fire slug after slug into the robots, hoping to take them down faster.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:15 am

Perception: 1d100 = 35/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 81

Conditions
ADF Standard Armor:
  • Main Body: 180/200
  • Helmet: 100/100
  • Left Arm: 100/100
  • Right Arm: 100/100
  • Left Leg: 150/150
  • Right Leg: 150/150
  • A.R.: 16
Force Armor:
  • 200/200
Force Field SDC:
  • 1340/2400
Galactic Standard Pistol:
  • Ammo: 10/15


Annoyed at the lack of follow through from his instructions due to enemy fire, Nova says "Fine, I'll do it myself." With Simone/his cover taking off down the hall, Rosseyn starts moving toward the robots while creating a 200 SDC Force Body Armor around himself. He then targets the camera closest to/behind him using his Mechanical Awareness. Smoothly firing off a shot from his pistol, he then switches it up and takes aim down the hall at the other camera he can sense. Letting himself go to the sensory input from the machines and his own sense of weight and touch, he secures the area from surveillance. Take out all recording devices. Step one. Step two. Take down the opposition. After he takes out the second camera, he fires off another two pistol shots at the lead robot. "Concentrate your fire on the lead robot. We take these three down and move on quickly. They know we're here." Just three bots? That doesn't seem like enough to... they're testing us.

Initiative: 1d20+4 = 15 vs AI, computers and auto defense systems (6-2 from force armor)
APM: 7-1=6

Actions 1-2: Create 200 SDC Force Armor and move forward 30' (Two squares in front of Halko on map).
Action 3: Shoot close camera with pistol. Strike: EP Crit. Damage: 5d6*2 = 54
Action 4: Shoot far away camera with pistol. Strike: EP Crit. Damage: 5d6*2 = 34
Actions 5-6: Aimed pistol shot at lead robot. Strike: 1d20+10 = 19 Damage: 5d6 = 26
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:55 am

Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: Day 55, 1550
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Environment: Vacuum
Location: In orbit around Chandrakant II, I.S.S. Vikelter

Ship Systems & Stations
Crew Chief Station Systems:
  • Alumina Cloud Dispenser (10 charges)
  • Anti-Missile Chaff (20 chaff globes)
  • Atmospheric Recycling System
  • External Docking Collar (1, foreward, for boarding operations)
  • Grapple System (5000 ton capacity)
  • Magnetic Shield
  • Pressurized Cabin/Airlock Control
  • Self-Destruct System

EWO Station Systems:
  • Electronic Countermeasures
  • Advanced Sensor Package & Satellite Uplink Computer
  • Geologic Sensor Array
  • Scientific Sensor Array
  • Super Navigation Computer
  • Targeting Radar & Combat Computer

Grifter Stations
  • Pilot's Station: Corrigon
  • Co-Pilot's Station: Cairo
  • EWO Station: Ryden
  • Crew Chief Station: Niall
  • (L1) Lima One Port Forward Turret (Lasers): Halko
  • (L2) Lima Two Port Aft Turret (Lasers): Simone
  • (R1) Romeo One: Starboard Forward Turret (Rail Guns): Rosseyn
  • (R2) Romeo Two Starboard Aft Turret (Rail Guns):

Ambient Sound of the Starship Interior (open in new tab & listen while you read)

A robot (#1) blasts Rosseyn's armor once more, as another robot (#2) blasts Simone's. Another robot (#3) levels a blast at Cairo, but his instincts save him from harm by a narrow margin. Rosseyn reacts to being shot again by extending his force power around his body and armor like a contouring third layer of skin. He considers the technology surrounding him and the team, it's relative state of repair, and wonders if the interior smells like antiseptic or a gun fresh from an oil bath. He perceives it to be of very recent construction, and what they've seen so far of the minor aspects of its apparent technology leads him to believe that the ship is state of the art. Cairo perceives from the accuracy of fire leveled against him, and considering the well lit environment, that his shadows might not only not be helping him, but might actually be drawing attention to him. The Lords of Cojo know the place is frustratingly well-lit. Cairo launches down the hallway, past the vanguard, and grabs robot (#3) from behind. Simone puts on a burst of speed and charges the lead robot (#1) with a high speed shoulder-check which smashes the robot off its feet and sends it flying back some forty feet, narrowly missing hitting Cairo & his new toy. Corrigon regards the general aesthetics of the ship's interior. Most everything is in shades of white and grey, and everything is seemingly well lit, very well maintained, and relatively sterile. Cataloging this observation for later use, he targets the only robot (#2) that's a clear shot and dings its armor some.

The robot (#1) sent flying gets to its feet as another robot (#2) somehow misses Simone with a nearly point-blank shot. The robot (#3) in the rear attempts to blast Cairo, but is foiled by all the rapid changes. Rosseyn finishes manifesting his body field and comes to a stop in the passageway, pistol in hand. Niall's carfeul aim pays dividends more satisfying than a shareholder's annual return when his blast causes the newly arisen robot to slump against the wall, it's battered chassis replete with smoking holes. Cairo catches sight of an alien and two small, floating, spherical robots as he's considering treating the robot (#3) in hand like a discus.
ImageImage
Cairo refocuses on the task at hand, and twists his body with all his strength in an effort to hurl the heavy robot with all his might. One of the robots (#2) misses Simone with another energy blast, but the robot (#3) Cairo has in hand manages to blast his armor a bit as it's being swung. Out of the corner of his eye Cairo notices the alien begin to run away from the brawl, but he keeps his eyes trained on the prize, notices the state of his initial target, and carries his twisting hurl through a bit farther to send the robot into his companion (#2) with a sickening crunch and squeal of metal on metal. Simone returns fire on her attacker with a solid strike while he's momentarily smashed against the bulkhead, and Corrigon delivers the coup de grâce with a blast of his own from downrange of the superbrawl.

Rosseyn blasts the nearby camera with his pistol, not seeing it with his eye so much as sensing it with his mechanical awareness. A shower of sparks momentarily rains down from the scorch mark high on the bulkhead. Niall delivers another blast downrange into his target though he's had to switch targets twice now since the other two were swiftly eliminated. Cairo pulls out his energy club.
Simone delivers a devastating, point-blank blast with her STAR as she closes distance with the sole remaining bot. Corrigon sends another round down the passageway into the bot that's staggering under fire from multiple sources while Rosseyn blasts the distant, concealed camera with results much the same as the first. Finally, he no longer has the sense of remote eyes watching him.
Niall blasts the remaining bot as Cairo smashes it with his baton, but Simone next point-blank blast sends it to robot nirvana or wherever robot souls go when their conscious programming is erased from material existence.

GM Superbrawl Note: it takes 2 APM to lift and hurl the heavy object, leaving the character open to two rounds of attacks without defense. It's an unmodified strike roll. Damage to target is 6D6 per 100 lbs. (so 6D6x5 in the case of the 500 lbs. robot). Damage to thrown object is 1D6x10+6 if thrown hard or 2D4x10+P.S. bonus if tossed with all his might, plus thrown target loses initiative and is very likely to drop items held. Shoot me an IM or PM next time, so I can feed you the relevant info so you can roll the correct damage dice.

MAP REVEAL (open in new tab)
Map Note: 1 square = 10'


What are your intentions?
Butcher's Bill
Grifter: -496 to armor
Halko: +90 Energy Damage
Simone: -4 shots; -90 to armor's main body
Corrigon: -3 shots; -60 to armor's main body
Niall: -20 S.D.C. to armor's main body
Cairo: -175 personal S.D.C., -100 to helmet, Multi-optic & targeting HUD in helmet visor fried, -30 to armor's main body
Rosseyn: -2 shots; -50 to armor's main body, -1060 Force Field used
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4797
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:50 pm

Perception [67+(15 in Space): 82%]: 1d100 = 12
JiC D20: 1d20 = 15
JiC D100: 1d100 = 97

Conditions: Personal AR 12, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks], Force Disc

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1282/1450

==~==~==

"Runner!" says CJ then mentally shrugs to himself about the Shadow-Cloak and allows it to dissipate giving the impression that he explodes forward out of the vanishing shadow on his Force-Disc giving chase at 80mph, *Doesn't matter. What matters is catching that guy ... Maybe keep him for questioning? ... He looks like that Phallou guy from Grymdin. He was a rebellious slave, but this one's here.*
Intelligence [57%]: 1d100 = 68 (What the frak is that thing?)
Lore: Alien [85%]: 1d100 = 4 (What can it do?)
If Cairo recalls the fleeing bug-man as belonging to a magic or psychically capable race, his thoughts darken and blood turns ice-cold, * ... No time, maybe the next one.*

If he spots any additional Atorian personnel (robots, or sentients) CJ will give a number, " __#__ up here!" as he tries to identify their races/capabilities as well as he seeks to dispatch the Alien Bug-Man via a savage clubbing. (Lore: Alien [85%]: 1d100 = 64 (What the frak is any new opponent? and What can that do?). Once the 1st Insectoid is down (?), Cairo will utilize a bulkhead to try and give himself partial cover as he waits for the others to catch up.

He will use his club to parry anything possible, and Autododge on anything that cannot be parried.

APM: 7
Initiative [+5]: EP Crit

1. Launch down the hallway and strike Insect-Man with Energy-Club 1d20+15 = 34, 3d5+35 = 46 Damage
2. (continue chasing as needed throughout melee) Strike Insect-Man with Energy-Club 1d20+15 = 35 (Nat 20), 3d5+35 = 46*2= 92 Damage
3. Strike Insect-Man with Energy-Club 1d20+15 = 26, 3d5+35 = 42 Damage
4. Strike Insect-Man with Energy-Club 1d20+15 = 19, 3d5+35 = 45 Damage
5. Strike Insect-Man with Energy-Club 1d20+15 = 28, 3d5+35 = 44 Damage
6. Strike Insect-Man with Energy-Club 1d20+15 = 35 (Nat 20), 3d5+35 = 39*2= 78 Damage
7. Strike Insect-Man with Energy-Club 1d20+15 = 16, 3d5+35 = 41 Damage

Parry as plausible with E-Club [+17]: 1d20+17 = 35, 1d20+17 = 29, 1d20+17 = 35, 1d20+17 = 28, 1d20+17 = 22, 1d20+17 = 25, 1d20+17 = 33, 1d20+17 = 20

Auto-Dodge [+9]: 1d20+9 = 13, 1d20+9 = 28, 1d20+9 = 17, 1d20+9 = 12, 1d20+9 = 29, 1d20+9 = 29, 1d20+9 = 20, 1d20+9 = 16
Last edited by Cairo on Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:42 am

Perception ☞ 39% 1d100 = 48 (FAIL)

JIC 1d20 = 1 (Nat. 1!)
1d100 = 37

Niall is satisfied as the inital group of robots is quickly disposed of, but sees the two small flying orbs enter the corridor, and renews his focus on them, aiming his blasts downrange with the attempt to combo both of them with a ricochet, and then snipe off whichever of them remains with individual blasts. When he sees Rosseyn firing at the wall, he thinks, He must be shooting at those cameras he mentioned - but I sure as Rajat don't see any cameras!

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 9
APM: 6

Action 1-2: Aim and Blast flying bot #1 1d20+3 = 21; Damage 12d6 = 46
Action 3: Ricochet into flying bot #2 1d20+1 = 9; Damage 11d6 = 46
Action 4: Blast flying bot #1 1d20+1 = 8; Damage 12d6 = 46 (LOLWHUT?)
Action 5: blast flying bot #1 (or #2 if unobstructed) 1d20+1 = 5; Damage 12d6 = 43
Action 6: Reserved for dodge 1d20+3 = 13 (+2 additional if in melee range)

Parries if needed: 2) 1d20+3 = 22; 3) 1d20+3 = 14; 4) 1d20+3 = 22; 5) 1d20+3 = 21; 6) 1d20+3 = 5

If the fight moves around the bend at the end of the corridor, Niall will move forward to the bend where Cairo currently is.

If he gets a look at the alien, he says "There's another of those bug-slaves we saw planetside."
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Corrigon » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:27 am

Perception Bonus 41% 1d100 = 69
JIC 1d100 = 61 1d20 = 9

As he puts the round into the robot to take it down and the others finish off the others, he checks if any of the robots have any weaponry that can be taken with them.

This place is too new, like its barely been used. Means state of the art and from what we know of the Atorian Empire, that is bad.

"We need to leave and any weapons we find we need to collect and take. Our ammo situation is not going to be enough, so we need to salvage and play it smarter than this." he tells any of the others listening, "if Cairo has found a living being, let the others deal with it, whilst we find a way out."

OOC Comments
Automatic Dodge
1d20+3 = 6
1d20+3 = 21
1d20+3 = 12
1d20+3 = 16
1d20+3 = 10
1d20+3 = 23
1d20+3 = 22

If attacked
APM 6
Initiative 1d20+2 = 5
Corrigon will duck into the side corridor and return fire
1d20+3 = 8
1d20+3 = 18
1d20+3 = 6
1d20+3 = 19
1d20+3 = 13
1d20+3 = 15
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Simone Helbrect » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:35 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 27/46%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 20; 1d100 = 39
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.

Combat Stuff
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 19
Number of Attacks: 7

Action One: Super run past fleeing Insectile alien. (Auto-dodge if needed: 1d20+5 = 6)
Action Two: Turn 180 degrees and Super run Body Block/Tackle Insectile Alien. (Strike: 1d20+9 = 16; Damage: 1d4+54 = 56)
Action Three: Kick Insectile Alien. (Strike: 1d20+9 = 13; Damage: 2d4+2 = 4)
Action Four: Kick Insectile Alien. (Strike: 1d20+9 = 23; Damage: 2d4+2 = 6)
Action Five: Kick Insectile Alien. (Strike: 1d20+9 = 11; Damage: 2d4+2 = 6)
Action Six: Kick Insectile Alien. (Strike: 1d20+9 = 23; Damage: 2d4+2 = 7)
Action Seven: Kick Insectile Alien. (Strike: 1d20+9 = 15; Damage: 2d4+2 = 7)

Parries as needed: 1d20+13 = 14, 1d20+13 = 25, 1d20+13 = 33, 1d20+13 = 33, 1d20+13 = 23, 1d20+13 = 21, 1d20+13 = 24.
Auto-Dodges: 1d20+5 = 16, 1d20+5 = 24, 1d20+5 = 8, 1d20+5 = 23, 1d20+5 = 14, 1d20+5 = 6.


Simone looks at the dead robots and then towards the newcomers. A quick grunt of effort and Simone is off running again, she attempts to pass the Insectile alien so that she can hit him from the opposite direction with a lowered shoulder. Atorian filth. Simone thinks as she proceeds to then try and kick the alien to death.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:52 am

Perception: 1d100 = 40/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 20/1d100 = 14

Conditions
ADF Standard Armor:
  • Main Body: 180/200
  • Helmet: 100/100
  • Left Arm: 100/100
  • Right Arm: 100/100
  • Left Leg: 150/150
  • Right Leg: 150/150
  • A.R.: 16
Force Armor:
  • 200/200
Force Field SDC:
  • 1340/2400
Galactic Standard Pistol:
  • Ammo: 10/15



Nova feels some deep satisfaction knowing that he took down the surveillance for the area and his men can behave freely now. Corrigan starts talking about leaving and Nova responds "We're not going anywhere, Ego. Follow my lead and I'll get you out of here. No one is running."

Nova switches targets from the destroyed camera to the floating spherical robots 1 and 2. He rushes down the hall and fires at those two.

APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 16 (+3 vs guns and machines) (+4 vs AI, computers and auto defense systems)

Action 1: Fire Galactic Pistol at Robot 1. Strike: 1d20+6 = 13 Damage: 5d6 = 20
Action 2: Fire Galactic Pistol at Robot 1. Strike: 1d20+6 = 13 Damage: 5d6 = 22
Action 3: Fire Galactic Pistol at Robot 1. Strike: 1d20+6 = 13 Damage: 5d6 = 14
Action 4: Fire Galactic Pistol at Robot 2. Strike: 1d20+6 = 16 Damage: 5d6 = 13
Action 5: Fire Galactic Pistol at Robot 2. Strike: 1d20+6 = 9 Damage: 5d6 = 20
Action 6: Fire Galactic Pistol at Robot 2. Strike: 1d20+6 = 26 (NAT20) Damage: 5d6 = 21x2=42
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Corrigon » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:32 am

Rolls carried

Rosseyn wrote:Corrigan starts talking about leaving and Nova responds "We're not going anywhere, Ego. Follow my lead and I'll get you out of here. No one is running."


"When I say we need to leave, I mean this location, not the ship," he explains, still picking up weaponry "this section is compromised, so we need to get to another location within the ship before they can bring overwhelming firepower to bear. We are going to be here a while. More firepower is needed."
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

PreviousNext

Return to HU2 Galactic: Annals of the Sixth Atorian Expansion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests