Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

In the distant reaches of the Milky Way Galaxy, a race teeters on the brink of extinction as it is pursued by the relentless Atorian Empire. [Adventure forum.]

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:40 am

Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: Day 55, 1551
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Environment: Vacuum
Location: In orbit around Chandrakant II, I.S.S. Vikelter

Ship Systems & Stations
Crew Chief Station Systems:
  • Alumina Cloud Dispenser (10 charges)
  • Anti-Missile Chaff (20 chaff globes)
  • Atmospheric Recycling System
  • External Docking Collar (1, foreward, for boarding operations)
  • Grapple System (5000 ton capacity)
  • Magnetic Shield
  • Pressurized Cabin/Airlock Control
  • Self-Destruct System

EWO Station Systems:
  • Electronic Countermeasures
  • Advanced Sensor Package & Satellite Uplink Computer
  • Geologic Sensor Array
  • Scientific Sensor Array
  • Super Navigation Computer
  • Targeting Radar & Combat Computer

Grifter Stations
  • Pilot's Station: Corrigon
  • Co-Pilot's Station: Cairo
  • EWO Station: Ryden
  • Crew Chief Station: Niall
  • (L1) Lima One Port Forward Turret (Lasers): Halko
  • (L2) Lima Two Port Aft Turret (Lasers): Simone
  • (R1) Romeo One: Starboard Forward Turret (Rail Guns): Rosseyn
  • (R2) Romeo Two Starboard Aft Turret (Rail Guns):

Ambient Sound of the Starship Interior (open in new tab & listen while you read)

Cairo reflexively shouts in his helmet without keying the mic, "Runner!" He gives chase as he lets his basically useless shadows dissipate. He recalls the appearance of this alien and associates it with a Danaus. An insectoid race which sometimes manifests psionics, so-called "magical" abilities, and powers like the Arismal enjoy as well.

Niall renews his focus on the small, hovering drones, and begins blasting them. He gets a shot in one each of them, but they both disappear around the corner after Cairo.

Corrigon advances, holsters his pistol, and checks if any of the robots have any weaponry that can be taken with them. Each has an energy rifle of some kind clutched in its robotic hands which he extracts. He remarks "We need to leave. Any weapons we find, we need to collect and take. Our ammo situation is not going to be enough, so we need to salvage and play it smarter than this. If Cairo has found a living being, let the others deal with it, whilst we find a way out."

Nova opens a gateway for Halko to return to the Grifter then closes it immediately after. He responds to Corrigon as he runs down the passageway, "We're not going anywhere, Ego. Follow my lead and I'll get you out of here. No one is running." He takes some more shots at the floating drones as they go around the corner. He senses another surveillance system south of their position.

Corrigon adds, "When I say we need to leave, I mean this location, not the ship. This section is compromised, so we need to get to another location within the ship before they can bring overwhelming firepower to bear. We are going to be here a while. More firepower is needed." Three rifles fill his arms. Each has a single E-clip with an outside meter which shows them to be at half capacity.

A quick grunt of effort and Simone is off running again, she passes the insectoid and hits him from the opposite direction with a lowered shoulder. In short order, she and Cairo have beaten it to death as it attempted to cover itself from harm in a fetal position on the deck.

Niall remarks, "There's another of those bug-slaves we saw planetside."

MAP REVEAL (open in new tab)
Map Note: 1 square = 10'


What are your intentions?
Butcher's Bill
Grifter: -496 to armor
Simone: -7 shots; -90 to armor's main body
Corrigon: -7 shots; -60 to armor's main body
Niall: -20 S.D.C. to armor's main body
Cairo: -175 personal S.D.C., -100 to helmet, Multi-optic & targeting HUD in helmet visor fried, -30 to armor's main body
Rosseyn: -5 shots; -50 to armor's main body, -1060 Force Field used
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4738
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:50 pm

Perception [67+(15 in Space): 82%]: 1d100 = 38
JiC D20: 1d20 = 5
JiC D100: 1d100 = 68

Conditions: Personal AR 12, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks], Force Disc

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1282/1450

==~==~==

Cairo nods to Simone, "Twitchy? Go handle the Drone things back there will ya?" Then he kneels next to the corpse of the fallen Danaus and turns it over (in it's armor), shifting his sight along the EM Spectrum [Radio(?), Microwave(?), anything that runs on Electricity] he searches the body for anything useful, *Come-on security badge, or weapons, or radio so we can check programmed frequencies and encryption, or anti-grav-harness, or ... something.*

LOOT ... I mean Salvage [90%]: 1d100 = 27 (search for useful stuff on the Bug-fellow)
Pilot: Personal Anti-Gravity Transportation [110%]: 1d100 = 71 (recognize Antigrav stuff)

If the droids (or anything else) start firing on him, Cairo will attempt to (auto)dodge. If he spots Nova (and battle is over), CJ will ask, "Where's Halko, and Brainiac? Did you send them back to the Grifter with those Bots? R&D will be interested in the AI Programming I'm sure. What did Brainiac find down that offshoot?"

Auto-Dodge [+9]: 1d20+9 = 25, 1d20+9 = 11, 1d20+9 = 22, 1d20+9 = 11, 1d20+9 = 13, 1d20+9 = 28
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 646
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:18 am

Perception ☞ 39% 1d100 = 66 (FAIL)

JIC 1d20 = 1
1d100 = 86

Niall crouch-runs forward to Cairo's former position at the corner, and sees the two hovering drones just as Simone finishes off the Danaus slave. He raises his hands and lets off a pair of blasts at each drone to knock them out of commission. "Simone and Fang took that bug guy down fast and hard. That's excellent. Just take these drones down and figure out which way our friends went and we're good to go. Niall tries to hide his nerves, the adrenaline coursing through his blood, as he blasts away at the drones. This is just like target practice back at basic, zapping remotes... but what did my DI used to say" Good against remotes is one thing, good against the living? That's something else."

As he shoots, he mutters a curse. "Frakking bots... Why do these aliens always use frakking bots and implants?" He feels instinctively that the aliens must know they are inferior, and use technology to supplement themselves in the absence of real power.

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 6
APM: 6

Action 1: Blast flying bot #1 1d20+1 = 13; Damage 12d6 = 37
Action 2: Blast flying bot #2 1d20+1 = 10; Damage 12d6 = 48
Action 3: Blast flying bot #1 1d20+1 = 5; Damage 12d6 = 43
Action 4: Blast flying bot #2 1d20+1 = 11; Damage 12d6 = 34
Action 5: Reserved for dodge 1d20+3 = 19 (+2 additional if in melee range)
Action 6: Reserved for dodge 1d20+3 = 21 (+2 additional if in melee range)

Parries if needed: 1) 1d20+3 = 12; 2) 1d20+3 = 18; 3) 1d20+3 = 8; 4) 1d20+3 = 12; 5) 1d20+3 = 17; 6) 1d20+3 = 22
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Simone Helbrect » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:07 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 92/46%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 14; 1d100 = 67
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.

Initiative: 1d20+4 = 6
Number of Attacks: 7

Action One: Rush (Very Fast) to Drone #2 to punch it. (Strike: 1d20+9 = 21; Damage: 1d4+54 = 56)
Action Two: Continue punching the Drone #2 while speeding around it. (Strike: 1d20+9 = 10 Crit Fail; Damage: 1d4+10 = 11)
Action Three: Continue punching the Drone #2 while speeding around it. (Strike: 1d20+9 = 25; Damage: 1d4+10 = 11)
Action Four: Continue punching the Drone #2 while speeding around it. (Strike: 1d20+9 = 17; Damage: 1d4+10 = 12)
Action Five: Continue punching the Drone #2 while speeding around it. (Strike: 1d20+9 = 29 Nat 20!; Damage: 1d4+10 = 13 26 Damage)
Action Six: Continue punching the Drone #2 while speeding around it. (Strike: 1d20+9 = 27; Damage: 1d4+10 = 12)
Action Seven: Continue punching the Drone #2 while speeding around it. (Strike: 1d20+9 = 24; Damage: 1d4+10 = 11)

Contingency: Will switch to Drone #1 if Drone #2 dies.

Parries as Needed: 1d20+13 = 30, 1d20+13 = 19, 1d20+13 = 30, 1d20+13 = 25, 1d20+13 = 18, 1d20+13 = 17, 1d20+13 = 17.
Auto-Dodge: 1d20+5 = 16, 1d20+5 = 15, 1d20+5 = 17, 1d20+5 = 9, 1d20+5 = 25, 1d20+5 = 15, 1d20+5 = 7.

Simone is enjoying the rush of taking out some of the creatures allied with the killers of her homeworld. Seeing to Drones remaining, Simone charges nearer of the two leveling a punch at it, Simone keeps darting back and forth adding momentum to he punches. This is gonna be a weird day I think. Simone thinks as she tries to work out her frustrations on the floating drone.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:21 am

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD

If the little hover drones go down, Cairo will try to gauge where they are in the Vikelter overall (which way on Map is 'Forward/Bow', vs Aft/Stern) before offering up a suggestion.

Navigation -- 130%: 1d100 = 90 - determine bearings

"Should we repressurize? Weld a couple plates across that entrance door back where we came in from the cargo bay so it's sealed shut and cannot be remotely opened, then find a spot in a corner and Crash can burn through a small hole to a lower deck ... Nova might even pop a small vent to an upper deck too ... make things a bit easier than roaring decompression each time we open a door. We can come back and plug them up later if needed."

*Also has the benefit that if someone's seals are breached we won't be on as much of a clock. Odds are if we pop a couple little holes through, they may not notice for a while. Air might end up being thin, but better than nothing ... *
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 646
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:38 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 30/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 37

Conditions
ADF Standard Armor:
  • Main Body: 180/200
  • Helmet: 100/100
  • Left Arm: 100/100
  • Right Arm: 100/100
  • Left Leg: 150/150
  • Right Leg: 150/150
  • A.R.: 16
Force Armor:
  • 200/200
Force Field SDC:
  • 1340/2400
Galactic Standard Pistol:
  • Ammo: 10/15


Nova concentrates his fire on the two drones in front of him. Once those two are down, he will send one more bullet down the hallway at the surveillance mechanism that he detects.

If the drones go down, he'll answer Cairo's questions. "Not sure about Brainiac, but Backlash is trucking those bots back to the Grifter. Give us an edge against the Brushheads."

If the fracas comes to an end, Nova gives some directions. "Ego, Crash, you're with Fang. Continue scouting forward. Helbrecht, you're with me and Brainiac. I want to finish scouting behidn us and then catch up with the others. You're our fastest bet."

APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 11 (+3 vs guns and machines) (+4 vs AI, computers and auto defense systems)

Action 1: Fire Galactic Standard Pistol at Drone 1. Strike: 1d20+6 = 8 Damage: 5d6 = 17
Action 2: Fire Galactic Standard Pistol at Drone 1. Strike: 1d20+6 = 18 Damage: 5d6 = 18
Action 3: Fire Galactic Standard Pistol at Drone 1. Strike: 1d20+6 = 18 Damage: 5d6 = 11
Action 4: Fire Galactic Standard Pistol at Drone 1. Strike: 1d20+6 = 14 Damage: 5d6 = 20
Action 5: Fire Galactic Standard Pistol at Drone 1. Strike: 1d20+6 = 24 Damage: 5d6 = 23
Action 6: Fire Galactic Standard Pistol at Drone 1. Strike: 1d20+6 = 26 CRIT Damage: 5d6 = 14x2=28
Action 7: Maintain Body Field.

AutoDodge: 1d20+4 = 24CRIT1d20+4 = 151d20+4 = 151d20+4 = 24CRIT1d20+4 = 211d20+4 = 141d20+4 = 12

Contingency: If Drone 1 is taken down, he will switch targets to Drone 2.
Contingency 2: If Drones 1 and 2 are taken down, he will switch targets to the surveillance mechanism.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 406
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:58 pm

Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: Day 55, 1552
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Environment: somewhat dense atmo, high oxygen, ship interior
Location: In orbit around Chandrakant II, I.S.S. Vikelter

Ship Systems & Stations
Crew Chief Station Systems:
  • Alumina Cloud Dispenser (10 charges)
  • Anti-Missile Chaff (20 chaff globes)
  • Atmospheric Recycling System
  • External Docking Collar (1, foreward, for boarding operations)
  • Grapple System (5000 ton capacity)
  • Magnetic Shield
  • Pressurized Cabin/Airlock Control
  • Self-Destruct System

EWO Station Systems:
  • Electronic Countermeasures
  • Advanced Sensor Package & Satellite Uplink Computer
  • Geologic Sensor Array
  • Scientific Sensor Array
  • Super Navigation Computer
  • Targeting Radar & Combat Computer

Grifter Stations
  • Pilot's Station: Corrigon
  • Co-Pilot's Station: Cairo
  • EWO Station: Ryden
  • Crew Chief Station: Niall
  • (L1) Lima One Port Forward Turret (Lasers): Halko
  • (L2) Lima Two Port Aft Turret (Lasers): Simone
  • (R1) Romeo One: Starboard Forward Turret (Rail Guns): Rosseyn
  • (R2) Romeo Two Starboard Aft Turret (Rail Guns):

Ambient Sound of the Starship Interior (open in new tab & listen while you read)

Cairo nods to Simone, "Twitchy? Go handle the Drone things back there will ya?" He kneels next to the corpse of the fallen Danaus and turns it over. It's quickly apparent that the being is wearing nothing at all. Its shattered exoskeleton oozes greenish-orange ichor all over the deck from multiple blunt-force traumas. It's also quickly apparent that it has no equipment on its person whatsoever.

Niall, Simone, and Rosseyn have their hands full with the incredibly durable little drones. As Niall shoots, he curses. "Frakking bots--why do these aliens always use frakking bots and implants?" The hovering drones zip away in utter silence from the Arismal agression. They pursue the drones and, after repeated blasting and punching by the three Arismal, one of them is a wrecked heap of scrap on the deck plates. The other one is still flying, but is so battered that it looks like even a child's slingshot could bring it down, yet still it flies away.

Cairo asks Rosseyn, "Where's Halko and Brainiac? Did you send them back to the Grifter with those bots? R&D will be interested in the AI programming I'm sure. What did Brainiac find down that offshoot?"

Confident that someone's next shot will bring down the fleeing drone, Rosseyn turns to answer Cairo. "Not sure about Brainiac, but Backlash is trucking those bots back to the Grifter. Give us an edge against the Brushheads."

Nova gives some directions, his first is unstated but obvious: someone bring down that last drone. "Ego, Crash, you're with Fang. Continue scouting forward. Helbrecht, you're with me and Brainiac. I want to finish scouting behind us and then catch up with the others. You're our fastest bet." He knows that surveillance camera down the hall still needs tending as well. Cairo's other "idea" is left unresponded to...which is a deafening response in and of itself. The blast door far behind them finally finishes its cycle and the group sees their HUDs show the passageways are now filled with breathable air...a little more than what's comfortable, actually. Atmospheric pressure is about sixteen PSI, and a bit more oxygen rich than on an Arismal ship, but nothing life-threatening.

MAP REVEAL (open in new tab)
Map Notes: 1 square = 10'


What are your intentions?
Butcher's Bill
Grifter: -496 to armor
Simone: -7 shots; -90 to armor's main body
Corrigon: -7 shots; -60 to armor's main body
Niall: -20 S.D.C. to armor's main body
Cairo: -175 personal S.D.C., -100 to helmet, Multi-optic & targeting HUD in helmet visor fried, -30 to armor's main body
Rosseyn: -5 shots; -50 to armor's main body, -1060 Force Field used
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4738
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:00 am

Perception [67+(15 in Space): 82%]: 1d100 = 4 <-- Crit
JiC D20: 1d20 = 5
JiC D100: 1d100 = 93

Conditions: Personal AR 12, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks], Force Disc

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1283/1450

==~==~==

Cairo looks up from the dead Danaus and catches sight of another of the large (3ft) spherical drones at the far end of the hall (to the East) and launches into flight like an arrow to grab hold of it and shove it into the nearest corner so that he can attempt to merge to it, *We need to find a way to gain access to something on this frakking ship and fighting things one at a time, step by step is just going to wear us down over time. We need information.*

If CJ is able to immobilize the drone and merge to it, he will seek to kill its anti-grav drive and identify any operative communications programs to stop transmissions.

Computer Operations [110+25% Linked)=135%]: 1d100 = 89 -- Check for maps
Computer Programming [100%]: 1d100 = 19 -- Usurp control [?]
Cyberjacking [95%]: 1d100 = 53 -- Usurp control [?]
Pilot: Personal Anti-Gravity Transportation [110%]: 1d100 = 9 -- Kill Anti-Grav


Initiative [+5 (+2 space)]: 1d20+5 = 17
APM 7 [(+1 space) (-1 disc)]: 7

1-2: Grab Drone-thing: EP Success [OOC: Force Disc can do 460 mph in Space]
4-7: Wrestle it into corner & try to Merge (+ skills as outlined above)

To dodge around corners @ speed if necessary or avoid other attacks ... Autododge [+9]: 1d20+9 = 27, 1d20+9 = 21, 1d20+9 = 17, 1d20+9 = 23, 1d20+9 = 15, 1d20+9 = 25
Last edited by Cairo on Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 646
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:21 am

Perception ☞ 39% 1d100 = 29

JIC 1d20 = 6
1d100 = 80

Nova wrote:"Ego, Crash, you're with Fang. Continue scouting forward."


"Roger that." Noting that the corridor is now sealed to space, and repressurizing, Niall thinks At least we don't have catastrophic decompression as an immediate worry now.

Nova wrote:"Helbrecht, you're with me and Brainiac."


Niall smiles. "As fast as she ran into danger she should change her name to Hellbent." Niall follows Fang forward in pursuit of the last drone bot. If Fang, for whatever reason, cannot grab the thing, Niall will continue to blast it until it falls. If any other hostiles appear, he'll focus attacks on them, instead.

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 10
APM: 6

Action 1: Blast flying bot/incoming hostiles 1d20+1 = 18; Damage 12d6 = 43
Action 2: Blast flying bot/incoming hostiles 1d20+1 = 12; Damage 12d6 = 50
Action 3: Blast flying bot/incoming hostiles 1d20+1 = 7; Damage 12d6 = 49
Action 4: Blast flying bot/incoming hostiles 1d20+1 = 20; Damage 12d6 = 44
Action 5: Reserved for dodge 1d20+3 = 9 (+2 additional if in melee range)
Action 6: Reserved for dodge 1d20+3 = 6 (+2 additional if in melee range)

Parries if needed: 1) 1d20+3 = 4; 2) 1d20+3 = 5; 3) 1d20+3 = 10; 4) 1d20+3 = 18; 5) 1d20+3 = 13; 6) 1d20+3 = 12

Otherwise, Niall will scout ahead as ordered, taking a position at the intersection near a wall and peering around corners to get the lay of the land.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Corrigon » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:37 am

Perception Bonus 41% 1d100 = 85
JIC 1d100 = 85 1d20 = 11

As he checks the ammo capacity for the energy rifles, he sighs as he sees the limited ammo and no spare clips.

"I've got spare weapons, 3 energy rifles," he says to any of the others nearby, "but only got half clip left. Anybody checked out on them and want one?"

Any weapon that is not claimed by somebody, Corrigon slings it on his back. Can use it if desperate. Better than nothing and we might find an armoury later.

Rosseyn wrote:"Ego, Crash, you're with Fang. Continue scouting forward.


"Understood," Corrigon replies, as he brings his rifle up to bear. He maintains a combat posture, ready to shoot as he begins moving down the corridor.

With his enhanced eyesight and hearing, he looks and listens out any further reinforcements and for any transport vehicles that he could copy to help with any disguise.

combat notes
OOC Comments
If he needs to shoot an orb or if reinforcements arrive, he will take cover and open fire.
Attack 1 move down the hall
Attack 2 1d20+3 = 17 1d8*10 = 70
attack 31d20+3 = 6 1d8*10 = 20
attack 41d20+3 = 7 1d8*10 = 60
attack 5 1d20+3 = 11 1d8*10 = 50
attack 6 1d20+3 = 7 1d8*10 = 70

Auto dodge
1d20+5 = 13
1d20+5 = 20
1d20+5 = 22
1d20+5 = 7
1d20+5 = 13
1d20+5 = 23
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:33 am

For Corrigon to transfer to his sheet & allocate:

3x
Code: Select all
[b]Atorian Heavy Particle Beam Rifle[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/07/14/20170714231625-6788fc84.png[/img]
[size=85]• Range: 3600'
• Damage: 1D6x10
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only
• Payload: 12 shots per E-clip[/size]
[color=#4000FF]6/12 shots remain[/color]


For transfer to Grifter cargo:

Code: Select all
[b]Atorian Combat Robot[/b] (Parts)
[size=85][b]Alignment:[/b] Artificial Intelligence [color=#FF0000]destroyed[/color]
[b]Attributes:[/b] PS: 25 (SH), PP: 20, SPD: 44
[b]Armor:[/b] [color=#FF0000]destroyed[/color]
[b]S.D.C.:[/b] [color=#FF0000]destroyed[/color]
[b]Size:[/b] 7', 500 lbs.
[b][u]Weapons:[/u][/b]
[b]Missile Launcher[/b] [color=#FF0000]destroyed[/color]
[b]Integrated Ion Blasters - Integrated in left arm[/b][list]
[*]Range: 480'
[*]Damage: 5D6+2
[*]Rate of Fire: Single shots only
[*]Payload: 24 blasts before required recharge [/list]
[b]Dual, Large, Retractable Vibroblades - Integrated in arms[/b][list]
[*]Damage: 6d6[/list][/size]
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4738
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:55 am

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD

Rosseyn wrote:"Ego, Crash, you're with Fang. Continue scouting forward."


*Well at least this way, when he calls for a retreat, I may be able to get a few more shots in, because this day I am bringing Tangarat's own judgement to this place ... Today I am going to drop one of these Brushheads for my Father, and a damn dozen for my Mother ... *.

Once he has grabbed hold of the drone and hopefully locked it down in a corner, he asks, "Ego, is that a Metal-form or Machine? Can you take on the form of one of their Security Droids? You've got one of their Rifles there right? ... Like what if you had us prisoner."

(CJ otherwise continues as set out above)
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 646
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:43 pm

Perception: 83%/1d100 = 5 - CRITICAL SUCCESS!
JIC: 1d20 = 12, 1d100 = 43

An easterly passageway seems to stop rather abruptly with a pair of what look like blast doors that have been very thoroughly fused shut, but it branches off before the fused doors into a southerly passageway. Ryden picks up an EM spike coming from the end of the main corridor in which is the rest of the team. Ryden quickly picks up that there's a notable scarcity of signage in the passageways and at intersections. On a normal sized ship, they're not exactly offensive in number like in a commercial district in a major city, but they're fairly ubiquitous. Given that this ship is the size of many respectable cities back on the homeworld, the relative scarcity of signage tells Ryden that something is very unusual about this ship. He does pick out one small sign in the imperial trade tongue that catches his eye as potentially being important. It simply reads "Transporter," and its placement seems to indicate that this transporter is further down the passageway "south" of his position.


He looks towards the welded shut double doors and marks them as a waypoint ("Possible shaft or sealed room"). As the team faces off against whatever is coming, Ryden moves forward slowly, keeping his weapon arms at the ready. He is recording everything, of course, and as long as he has signal from them, he is recording all of their inputs as well. But he is not actually focusing on them at all, but instead scanning for an augmented reality set up. The lack of signage suggests something strange. He sends a text message to their visors so as not to crowd their comm channels during combat. "Got signs of a transporter down here. Investigating. Also waypoint up for sealed doors. If you capture anyone, pull any glasses or visors and their radios."

Computer Hacking 93%/1d100 = 85 - To access any Augmented Reality - PASS!
Read Sensory Equipment 73%/1d100 = 62 - To be aware of anything my sensors or cameras show me - PASS!
Military: Electronic Warfare 83%/1d100 = 55 - To break any EW that is blocking access to the network so I can access Augmented Reality - PASS!
Cryptography 88%/1d100 = 86 - To figure out a way past any user access limits if I get into the network to access Augmented Reality - PASS!
Intelligence 69%/1d100 = 76 - Why would the Atorians build like this?? - FAIL!
Lore: Alien 73%/1d100 = 79 - Why would the Atorians make such weird choices in signage and design? - FAIL!
Detect Ambush 63%/1d100 = 26 - For obvious reasons - PASS!
Language: Imperial Trade Tongue (Les Iban) 108%/1d100 = 76 - Cause Reading - PASS!

Rolls if combat breaks out
Initiative: Original post: 1d20+10 = 23
Action 1: Shoot Bad Guys with left gun Original post: 1d20+6 = 21 Original post: 2d4 = 6x10=60 MD; Parry if Needed Original post: 1d20+10 = 26
Action 2: Shoot Bad Guys with right gun Original post: 1d20+6 = 17 Original post: 2d4 = 4x10=40 MD; Parry if Needed Original post: 1d20+10 = 26
Action 3: Shoot Bad Guys with left gun Original post: 1d20+6 = 12 Original post: 2d4 = 3x10=30 MD; Parry if Needed Original post: 1d20+10 = 18
Action 4: Shoot Bad Guys with right gun Original post: 1d20+6 = 23 Original post: 2d4 = 8x10=80 MD; Parry if Needed Original post: 1d20+10 = 16
Action 5: Shoot Bad Guys with left gun Original post: 1d20+6 = 23 (NAT 20!) Original post: 2d4 = 4x10=40x2=80 MD; Parry if Needed Original post: 1d20+10 = 26
Action 6: Shoot Bad Guys with right gun Original post: 1d20+6 = 19 Original post: 2d4 = 5x10=50 MD; Parry if Needed Original post: 1d20+10 = 12
Action 7: Shoot Bad Guys with left gun Original post: 1d20+6 = 16 Original post: 2d4 = 2x10=20 MD; Parry if Needed Original post: 1d20+10 = 20
Action 8: Shoot Bad Guys with right gun Original post: 1d20+6 = 20 Original post: 2d4 = 5x10=50 MD; Parry if Needed Original post: 1d20+10 = 14
Action 9: Shoot Bad Guys with left gun Original post: 1d20+6 = 26 (NAT 20!) Original post: 2d4 = 3x10=30x2=60 MD; Parry if Needed Original post: 1d20+10 = 20
Action 10: Shoot Bad Guys with right gun Original post: 1d20+6 = 18 Original post: 2d4 = 7x10=70 MD; Parry if Needed Original post: 1d20+10 = 13
Action 11: Shoot Bad Guys with left gun Original post: 1d20+6 = 9 Original post: 2d4 = 3x10=30 MD; Parry if Needed Original post: 1d20+10 = 22

Abort to dodge: Original post: 1d20+13 = 33, Original post: 1d20+13 = 25, Original post: 1d20+13 = 22, Original post: 1d20+13 = 15, Original post: 1d20+13 = 19, Original post: 1d20+13 = 26, Original post: 1d20+13 = 33, Original post: 1d20+13 = 25, Original post: 1d20+13 = 30, Original post: 1d20+13 = 23
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 463
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Corrigon » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:37 pm

rolls carried

Cairo wrote:Once he has grabbed hold of the drone and hopefully locked it down in a corner, he asks, "Ego, is that a Metal-form or Machine? Can you take on the form of one of their Security Droids? You've got one of their Rifles there right? ... Like what if you had us prisoner."


Corrigon concentrates for a few seconds and nothing happens

"Wait a second, let me try something else." He reaches out and touches the drone on the head and concentrates again to no effect.

"No, I think I can only take this one form of robot.
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Previous

Return to HU2 Galactic: Annals of the Sixth Atorian Expansion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest