Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

In the distant reaches of the Milky Way Galaxy, a race teeters on the brink of extinction as it is pursued by the relentless Atorian Empire. [Adventure forum.]

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:32 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 13/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 37


Ryden wrote:"Boss, we should keep him around for a bit, just in case. Once I can get into a system and reprogram it to accept one of us as this guy, we' can get rid of him."

Ryden wrote:
Simone Helbrect wrote:"So what now?"

"Now we clear this room and see what we can do about getting us better access."


"Hellbent, do a lap and see what there is to see about this room. Then come back here, pick him up and bring him with us. Brainiac, I've got your six, let's look for a terminal."

Nova moves forward pistol drawn waiting for a report back from Hellbent or to discover a terminal.

Ryden wrote:"Bossman, Fang is asking for a radio. I guess he trashed his suit. I swear that guys goes through more gear."

"Well that was damn fast. One second. Be right back." Nova opens up a gateway to the ship, goes through, grabs a radio for Fang, come back to the Atorian ship and hands it to Simone. "Get this to Fang."
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:18 pm

Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: 1304 I.R., Day 55, 1610
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Environment: somewhat dense atmo, high oxygen, ship interior
Location: In orbit around Chandrakant II, I.S.S. Vikelter

Ship Systems & Stations
Crew Chief Station Systems:
  • Alumina Cloud Dispenser (10 charges)
  • Anti-Missile Chaff (20 chaff globes)
  • Atmospheric Recycling System
  • External Docking Collar (1, foreward, for boarding operations)
  • Grapple System (5000 ton capacity)
  • Magnetic Shield
  • Pressurized Cabin/Airlock Control
  • Self-Destruct System

EWO Station Systems:
  • Electronic Countermeasures
  • Advanced Sensor Package & Satellite Uplink Computer
  • Geologic Sensor Array
  • Scientific Sensor Array
  • Super Navigation Computer
  • Targeting Radar & Combat Computer

Grifter Stations
  • Pilot's Station: Corrigon
  • Co-Pilot's Station: Cairo
  • EWO Station: Ryden
  • Crew Chief Station: Niall
  • (L1) Lima One Port Forward Turret (Lasers): Halko
  • (L2) Lima Two Port Aft Turret (Lasers): Simone
  • (R1) Romeo One: Starboard Forward Turret (Rail Guns): Rosseyn
  • (R2) Romeo Two Starboard Aft Turret (Rail Guns):

Ambient Sound of the Starship Interior (open in new tab & listen while you read)

Cairo, Niall, and Corrigon
Niall shares his findings with the group. "This is an automated door - leads to a lift. The ship must be heavily automated - lots of these drones everywhere - and this lift leads to a deck not meant for living creatures. I.e., no life support. 'Bots only."

Cairo muses, "If it comes out on this deck, it probably also can access other decks with life support, we would just need to figure out how to move the thing. I'd like to check a set of doors I just passed. If they need us, lemme know."

Corrigon looks inside the lift, then says, "Well, that certainly limits the number of places that we can go. We can survive in those conditions in environmentally sealed armor, but that would get swiftly frakked over by the number of robots likely to be on these levels. Unless they have redundancies, then it is unlikely there is even the infrastructure to actually pressurize it."

Cairo responds, "Possible. Let's check the other doors to see what we find. If this deck is meant to be pressurized, then it may have lockers with EBA suits and communications gear around here somewhere. Gotta get in on the enemy's communications if we can." He then messages Ryden.


Niall adds, "Perhaps we should rejoin the others. It seems unlikely the 2nd SOG went to an automated deck, if they knew what they were doing. They likely are heading to a command center or an engineering center, and neither of those are going to be fully automated."

Corrigon volunteers, "Lay on, Madreath. I will take point if you want. We may have bought ourselves some time, but somebody is going to notice the missing drones and I presume tech or robot controller. I suggest we move the body and broken robots to hide our presence better. Leave them guessing more. Maybe get Rosseyn to drop them on the Grifter."

Niall gives Cairo's suit a firm "thumbs-down" diagnosis.

Corrigon ventures, "We might be able to do something with the helmet, but that will require some parts, a power source and time to actually spend fixing it though." Corrigon says, "but the most important thing is to get him a radio. We need to be able to maintain communications. If Rosseyn takes us back to the Grifter, are there some spares on there?"

Cairo asks Niall, "Brainiac wants to know if we can find a way to open the lift, or grab controls, maybe have it skip us to another deck. Do you know if Nova has dropped an anchor in here?"

The aft-most doors are quite large, and beside the doors is a control panel which is larger and more complicated than any which Cairo, Corrigon, or Niall have yet seen. The panel is composed of a large touchscreen at the bottom of which is an extensive physical interface panel, and to the right of both is a recessed datajack plug.

MAP REVEAL (open in new tab)
Map Notes: 1 square = 10'


Rosseyn, Ryden, Simone
Simone says morbidly, "At least the poor bugger can be useful to the cause."

Ryden responds, "Too right, Hellbent. Well, Vore Iticix, thank you very much for your contribution. Boss, we should keep him around for a bit, just in case. Once I can get into a system and reprogram it to accept one of us as this guy, we can get rid of him."

Like a true green recruit, Simone adds "So what now?"

Like a seasoned operator, Ryden replies, "Now we clear this room and see what we can do about getting us better access."

Rosseyn directs, "Hellbent, do a lap and see what there is to see about this room. Then come back here, pick him up and bring him with us. Brainiac, I've got your six, let's look for a terminal."

Ryden hits up Rosseyn, "Bossman, Fang is asking for a radio. I guess he trashed his suit. I swear that guys goes through more gear."

Rosseyn replies, "Well that was damn fast. One second. Be right back." He opens up a gateway to the ship, goes through, grabs a radio for Fang, and is back in the Atorian ship after a few minutes. He is empty-handed. There are no spare radios onboard the Grifter.

Simone quickly surveys the room. It's an enclosed space. The door through which they came is the only point of access. Along the port side of the room are the only features of note. Fore to aft, there's a pair of huge metallic bulkheads which have been joined together, there's a control panel, and there's a large, circular, polish-smooth composite or ceramic structure akin to a drone or VTOL pad. The composite material appears to be self-illuminating or else circuitry, including that for lighting, has somehow been integrated into the material itself. Above the pad, and matching its same dimensions, is a sheer, featureless black surface so dark it makes the darkest night on Arismal seem a pleasant day at the beach. Simone feels her eyes drawn to the edges of the blackness where there's some features for her visual cortex to latch onto in their desperate bid to try and process that depth of black.

Ryden spots the control panel, and examines it for only a moment. It's clearly networked, but it's a local system network. Like in some homes back on the homeworld where all the kitchen appliances would be networked together, but not connected to the worldnet.

MAP REVEAL (open in new tab)
Map Notes: 1 square = 10'


Texting-Besties
  • CAIRO: Lift between Decks located. Looks like there are decks entirely for robots (no life support). Did New-Girl get you the Danaus? Need us?
  • RYDEN: Roger that. One damage control tech delivered. He got us in the transport facility. Up to bossman on RV. Suggest you work out access to that robot area. We might move quieter there than through the inhabited section of the ship. We might luck into a repair area.
  • CAIRO: Will check with Crash on hijacking lift. Keep an eye out for a radio, or if Nova hits the ship, please grab an extra. No sign of 3rd SOG yet. Will keep you updated.
  • RYDEN: Roger that. Will pass it on. What happened?



What are your intentions?
Butcher's Bill
Grifter: -496 to armor
Simone: -7 shots; -90 to armor's main body
Corrigon: -7 shots; -60 to armor's main body
Niall: -20 S.D.C. to armor's main body
Cairo: -175 personal S.D.C., -100 to helmet, Main Body Armor Destroyed [all features disabled]
Rosseyn: -5 shots; -50 to armor's main body, -1060 Force Field used
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5217
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:50 pm

Perception [67+(15 in Space): 82%]: 1d100 = 76
JiC D20: 1d20 = 19
JiC D100: 1d100 = 100

Conditions: Personal AR 12, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Force Disc, Merge [Goggles, Hacking PC, Ship Terminal Dataplug]

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1300/1450

==~==~==~==~==~==

Cairo looks carefully over the heavy Aft doors and the related controls before asking Crash, "You want to try and open it? Or shall I try the Dataplug?"

If Niall does not want to or is unsuccessful opening the large Aft doors, CJ sprouts a bio-mechanical cable out of his neck and back into/under a flap of his backpack to seek out and Merge to his Hacking PC [+5% to computer skills against passive security] before seeking to also merge directly to the Dataplug.

Cyberjacking [95+25+5=125%]: 1d100 = 72 -- Access Controls
Computer Hacking [85+5=90%]: 1d100 = 16 -- Access Controls
Computer Operations [110+25+5=140%]: 1d100 = 94 -- Open Doors

*** Alternatively, if Niall wants to try the doors himself and successfully finds a way to access CJ will not Merge to his Computer and will instead Merge to an Energy Club prepared to launch through the portal on his Disc like a charging at any potential repelling/security personnel on the far side that might be revealed. He will provide a 3-2-1 Count and also suggest, "Crash, if there's anyone in here, maybe open with one of your light flashes?"

"JiC Combat"
... Basically parry anything he can, Dodge affirmatively (up to 4 attacks), Autotdodge after as needed ... somewhere in there hit an opponent of opportunity.
Initiative [+5]: 1d20+5 = 9
APM: 7-1: 6
1 // Strike 1st available opponent with Energy Club 1d20+15 = 28 to Strike, 3d6+35 = 39 Damage
2 // Strike 1st available opponent with Energy Club 1d20+15 = 30 to Strike, 3d6+35 = 50 Damage

Parry [+17]: 1d20+17 = 31, 1d20+17 = 23, 1d20+17 = 35, 1d20+17 = 25, 1d20+17 = 18, 1d20+17 = 23, 1d20+17 = 32
Dodge [+15]: 1d20+15 = 26, 1d20+15 = 34, 1d20+15 = 35, 1d20+15 = 19
Autododge [+9]: 1d20+9 = 14, 1d20+9 = 29, 1d20+9 = 17, 1d20+9 = 10, 1d20+9 = 12, 1d20+9 = 23, 1d20+9 = 10
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:59 am

Perception ☞ 39% 1d100 = 43

JIC 1d20 = 19
1d100 = 42

Fang wrote:"Brainiac wants to know if we can find a way to open the lift, or grab controls, maybe have it skip us to another deck. Do you know if Nova has dropped an anchor in here?"


Niall shrugs nonchalantly. "I can fix it or break it. If you want it hacked, Ryden's probably your best bet, but I can give it a try. We're not likely to find the 2nd on a deck with no atmo, though."

As Niall encounters the new doors to the aft, he looks at the involved control panel.

Fang wrote:"You want to try and open it? Or shall I try the Dataplug?"


Niall looks at the panel to determine what sort of panel this is, given its more complicated layout that the majority of panels they've encountered.

Analyze and Operate Devices ☞ 102% 1d100 = 88 (SUCCESS)

"My guess is the datajack allows drones to bypass the door, but otherwise it is a heavy security door. I'd guess the drones have a dynamic encryption key that changes periodically... If you want to try the datajack, be my guest. If that doesn't work, I can force the door some other way."

"Also... this is a networked panel, it looks like, so... if we open this door, someone somewhere is going to know, probably engage surveillance if any is available, probably send defenders, and/or engage any automated defenses. Not that we can't handle it. Just... fair warning."

Niall stands back as Cairo works, uncomfortable at being the one with nothing to do while someone else works the door. He notices, not for the first time, how exposed the position is when the doors would open. Wow. If they were waiting for me on the other side of any of those doors, I'd have been a sitting Phwoar-bird. He says a silent prayer in thanks to Inanna for the protection, and readies for whatever may be on the other side of this door.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:35 pm

Cairo wrote:Perception [67+(15 in Space): 82%]: Original post: 1d100 = 76
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 19
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 100


Conditions: Personal AR 12, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Force Disc, Merge [Goggles, Hacking PC, Ship Terminal Dataplug]

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1300/1450

==~==~==~==~==~==

CJ frowns and nods at the 'networked panel' comment, "Well, can you kill or re-route it's signal off to nowhere? Or should we take a couple pieces of the wrecked drones and use them to jam the Robot-lift? Prevent the car from leaving to pick others up so to speak if we jam things up. Then take some cover. That way if I can pop this open, the cameras and crap that pop out will only get 1 injured guy ... maybe we get lucky and they only send a couple more stupid bots."

*I guess it would be wise to call the others in, but damnit ... I just envision Nova calling for a retreat rather than further exploration. Technically I think I have an obligation to report it up the chain. Maybe he just ignores it.*

Code: Select all
CAIRO:  The Runner had a few friends. Missile-armed friends.  No other current injuries except my pride.  We found a heavy security door.  You guys finished up?  We may end up with significant Brushhead blowback.  Feel free to get over our way.


Barring response from Nova or Brainiac (once Crash and Ego have repositioned to have a partial cover around the corner), Cairo will proceed with trying to use the datajack.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:53 pm

Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: 1304 I.R., Day 55, 1610
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Environment: somewhat dense atmo, high oxygen, ship interior
Location: In orbit around Chandrakant II, I.S.S. Vikelter

Ship Systems & Stations
Crew Chief Station Systems:
  • Alumina Cloud Dispenser (10 charges)
  • Anti-Missile Chaff (20 chaff globes)
  • Atmospheric Recycling System
  • External Docking Collar (1, foreward, for boarding operations)
  • Grapple System (5000 ton capacity)
  • Magnetic Shield
  • Pressurized Cabin/Airlock Control
  • Self-Destruct System

EWO Station Systems:
  • Electronic Countermeasures
  • Advanced Sensor Package & Satellite Uplink Computer
  • Geologic Sensor Array
  • Scientific Sensor Array
  • Super Navigation Computer
  • Targeting Radar & Combat Computer

Grifter Stations
  • Pilot's Station: Corrigon
  • Co-Pilot's Station: Cairo
  • EWO Station: Ryden
  • Crew Chief Station: Niall
  • (L1) Lima One Port Forward Turret (Lasers): Halko
  • (L2) Lima Two Port Aft Turret (Lasers): Simone
  • (R1) Romeo One: Starboard Forward Turret (Rail Guns): Rosseyn
  • (R2) Romeo Two Starboard Aft Turret (Rail Guns):

Ambient Sound of the Starship Interior (open in new tab & listen while you read)

Cairo and Niall
Niall says, "I can fix it or break it. If you want it hacked, Ryden's probably your best bet, but I can give it a try. We're not likely to find the 2nd on a deck with no atmo, though. My guess is the datajack allows drones to bypass the door, but otherwise it is a heavy security door. I'd guess the drones have a dynamic encryption key that changes periodically. If you want to try the datajack, be my guest. If that doesn't work, I can force the door some other way. Also, this is a networked panel, it looks like, so... if we open this door, someone somewhere is going to know, probably engage surveillance if any is available, probably send defenders, and/or engage any automated defenses. Not that we can't handle it. Just... fair warning."

Cairo responds, "Well, can you kill or re-route its signal off to nowhere? Or should we take a couple pieces of the wrecked drones and use them to jam the robot-lift? Prevent the car from leaving to pick others up so to speak if we jam things up. Then take some cover. That way if I can pop this open, the cameras and crap that pop out will only get 1 injured guy. Maybe we get lucky and they only send a couple more stupid bots."

Cairo then sends Ryden another text.
  • CAIRO: The Runner had a few friends. Missile-armed friends. No other current injuries except my pride. We found a heavy security door. You guys finished up? We may end up with significant Brushhead blowback. Feel free to get over our way.

Finally, Cairo merges with his hacking computer, and inserts a finger-tendril into the dataplug. His mind goes white with pain for a moment and he pauses in his merging as he feels the oppressive walls of a RES just beyond the range of his senses.

MAP REVEAL (open in new tab)
Map Notes: 1 square = 10'


What are your intentions?
Butcher's Bill
Grifter: -496 to armor
Simone: -7 shots; -90 to armor's main body
Corrigon: -7 shots; -60 to armor's main body
Niall: -20 S.D.C. to armor's main body
Cairo: -175 personal S.D.C., -100 to helmet, Main Body Armor Destroyed [all features disabled]
Rosseyn: -5 shots; -50 to armor's main body, -1060 Force Field used
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5217
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:15 pm

Perception: 83%/1d100 = 54
JIC: 1d20 = 14, 1d100 = 86

Conditions and Skill Checks
Conditions:
  • Analytical Mind: A well-structured and ordered mind, the character's brain is able to process huge amounts of data quickly, figure out what's most important and logical, and likely conclusions and potential trouble areas/problems. In addition, the character is able to calculate numbers like a computer, performing complex calculations all in his head. Furthermore, the character can see the big picture, anticipate trouble and already have a plan in place to avoid the trouble or fix a problem.
  • Speed Reader: The character can read one page per every M.E. attribute points (18 pages) per minute. Just as important, the character comprehends and remembers what he is reading clearly.
  • Danger Sense: The ability to sense immediate personal danger. The warning time is 3 seconds in advance per level (18 seconds) and makes him hyper alert and ready to act or react at a moment's notice - Cannot be attacked by surprise.
Skill Checks:
Literacy: Imperial Trade Tongue (Les Iban) 78%/1d100 = 33 - Reading is cool. PASS!
Research 108%/1d100 = 19 - Read the help file to understand all the basic and advanced functions. (See Speed Reading) PASS!
Computer Programming 113%/1d100 = 29 - To enter a debug mode and examine how operations are processed. PASS!
Computer Hacking 93%/1d100 = 80 - To gain elevated access. PASS!
Cyberjacking 108%/1d100 = 79 - In case normal hacking won't do. PASS!
Lore: Alien 73%/1d100 = 53 - To help understand what I am looking at here. PASS!
Electrical Engineer 73%/1d100 = 2 - To help understand what I am looking at here. CRITICAL SUCCESS!!
Cyberjacking Construction and Repair 73%/1d100 = 56 - Just in case it helps me to understand what I am looking at here. PASS!
Cryptography 88%/1d100 = 54 - Codebreaking 101: Passwords PASS!
Artificial Intelligence 48%/1d100 = 41 - Just in case there is more than a basic AI in charge of the system. PASS!

Ryden sends a reply to Cairo about the radios. 'No go on the radios, none aboard. See what you can do with what you have, I guess. Worst case, get an atorian radio and get it to me so I can jailbreak it.'

Augur wrote:Ryden spots the control panel, and examines it for only a moment. It's clearly networked, but it's a local system network. Like in some homes back on the homeworld where all the kitchen appliances would be networked together, but not connected to the worldnet.

Nova wrote:Nothing helpful here. Hopefully he has something for me. "Brainiac, I also want to know what this pad in the corner does. Hellbent, you see anything of note here?"

"You got it, Bossman." Ryden dives into the system, working on a way to interface with it first. He reads the help file, relying on his ability to digest a page of detailed technical information at just over 3 seconds or so to get him through it quickly. He then works his way through hacking into it, using a debug monitor to help keep him aware of what is going on.

Fang wrote:'The Runner had a few friends. Missile-armed friends. No other current injuries except my pride. We found a heavy security door. You guys finished up? We may end up with significant Brushhead blowback. Feel free to get over our way.'

'Finished? We're barely getting started here you impatient dolt.' Ryden replies instead with 'Standby please.' "Nova, check your visor and advise Fang and crew how you'd like them to proceed. They seem to be taking my information gathering advice a bit proactively. Will update you as I have information."
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:51 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 11/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 78

Nova takes a look around the space and then back to Ryden. Nothing helpful here. Hopefully he has something for me. "Brainiac, I also want to know what this pad in the corner does. Hellbent, you see anything of note here?"
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Simone Helbrect » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:03 am

Perception: 1d100 = 4/46%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 14; 1d100 = 70
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.

Man this ship is boring. Simone thinks as she looks at the rather plain room.

Rosseyn wrote:"Brainiac, I also want to know what this pad in the corner does. Hellbent, you see anything of note here?"


"Nope, room is more spartan than a marine barracks, and less entertaining." Simone says with a shrug. I mean what the hell does anyone even do on this ship. If this was an Arismal ship, you'd have run into hundreds of people by now. Weird robot fetishist. Simone thinks while continuing to make sure nothing comes up on them.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:13 am

Perception ☞ 39% 1d100 = 93

JIC 1d20 = 2
1d100 = 38

Cairo wrote:"Well, can you kill or re-route it's signal off to nowhere?"


Niall shakes his head. "Negative. That's Brainiac's strength, not mine. I'm a kid with a hammer and you're asking for a surgeon."

"If nothing else, I might be able to... disintegrate the locking mechanism and we can try to force the door open. But I don't see that happening without informing the system." He considers a moment longer, and shakes his head. "Nope - this is a Brainiac job."

Fang wrote:"Or should we take a couple pieces of the wrecked drones and use them to jam the Robot-lift? Prevent the car from leaving to pick others up so to speak if we jam things up. Then take some cover. That way if I can pop this open, the cameras and crap that pop out will only get 1 injured guy ... maybe we get lucky and they only send a couple more stupid bots.


"We can sabotage the robolift but... I imagine the ship is riddled with them. It'd be simpler to just weld the door shut."

Niall waits, nervously toying with the satchel where his newly-found ornate dagger rests as he waits for instruction. Such an odd thing... an Arismal dagger in an Arismal temple on some far-flung world. Was this an Arismal colony at some point? Or... did... aliens abduct some Arismal and bring them here, long ago? None of this makes sense. And yet... I feel ... bound, somehow, to this dagger.

If I were at home... if I still had a home... I could take this to Mom and Dad. They'd call Professor Vyars at the museum, and we'd bring it to him. He could tell us the provenance, given enough time. But Doc Vyars is dead. The museum is gone. And I don't know if that was a real Arismal site, or a ruse. I don't know if this is a real Arismal artifact, or... artifice.

"Unless Brainiac can open this door remotely, we're likely at an impasse. We should rejoin the others."

And that's the second time I've suggested it. I'm not gonna sit on my hands in this corridor for long. We're exposed here.

Niall keys open his radio. "Nova, Crash. We're at an impasse here - need Brainiac to open a door. If he can do remotely from there, please advise. Else, we can rendez-vous at your locale."
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:20 pm

Perception [67+(15 in Space): 82%]: 1d100 = 65
JiC D20: 1d20 = 14
JiC D100: 1d100 = 59

Conditions: Personal AR 12, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Force Disc, Merge [Goggles, Hacking PC, Ship Terminal Dataplug]

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1300/1450

==~==~==~==~==~==

Cairo jerks involuntarily backwards from the Dataplug as if avoiding contact with a burning hot element and looks over at Crash (whom the Pilot neglected to wait for answers from before CJ began his merge), "I jumped the gun there I guess. Almost everything in this place has its own AI. I can try to jack around it but Brainiac and Company are not done ... wherever they are, to come assist. I asked if they wanted us back and nothing so far. They gave us a 'Stand By' ... "

Code: Select all
CAIRO:  Nova, Hellbrecht borrowed my EBA, so the helmet of her armor which should be fine as a substitute with a radio. Not needed now, but whenever we are transitioning stuff.  Brainiac, Heavy doors have their own AI.  You used the Bug-guy to enter?


"Ego, you're part of the Brainiac cadre, how are you at Hacking?"
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:09 am

(Rolls held)

Niall wrote:"Nova, Crash. We're at an impasse here - need Brainiac to open a door. If he can do remotely from there, please advise. Else, we can rendez-vous at your locale."


Nova keys his radio to respond. "Hold on the door. Rendezvous on our location. We've got something of interest here. Nova out." What is this pad? And why so dark above it?
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:44 pm

Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: 1304 I.R., Day 55, 1615
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Environment: somewhat dense atmo, high oxygen, ship interior
Location: Aboard I.S.S. Vikelter, in orbit around Chandrakant II

Ambient Sound of the Starship Interior (open in new tab & listen while you read)

Cairo
Cairo shakes off the buzzing in his head from the feedback and senses a change as he calls out to Ego. He looks around himself to discover he's all alone. The others, Corrigon and Niall, have vanished.

MAP REVEAL (open in new tab)
Map Notes: 1 square = 10'


Rosseyn, Ryden, Simone
Ryden's initial attempt to simply hack the control panel fails as the local encoding to prevent unauthorized access, so he jacks in with his suit and gains access to the software behind the user interface. He scans through the system equivalent of a help file and considers the information presented and then determines that this is a point-to-point teleporter with a single fixed destination elsewhere in the ship. From what he can deduce, that location is a populated deck, and not one of the countless automated decks present throughout the ship as the teleporter is not programmed to respond to any sort of artificial life. But he can draw no certain inferences as to the function of the target deck from the teleporter or use logs themselves.

Simone keeps an eye on their six while Rosseyn requests the others rendezvous at their location in the teleporter room. A moment's squelch over his open comm channel is his only response from Crash or Ego.

MAP REVEAL (open in new tab)
Map Notes: 1 square = 10'


What are your intentions?
Butcher's Bill
Grifter: -496 to armor
Simone: -7 shots; -90 to armor's main body
Cairo: -175 personal S.D.C., -100 to helmet, Main Body Armor Destroyed [all features disabled]
Rosseyn: -5 shots; -50 to armor's main body, -1060 Force Field used
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5217
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:07 pm

Perception [67+(15 in Space): 82%]: 1d100 = 83
JiC D20: 1d20 = 13
JiC D100: 1d100 = 76

Conditions: Personal AR 12, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Force Disc, Armor on Arms/Legs (AR 18), Merge [Goggles]

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1303/1450

==~==~==~==~==~==

Suddenly alone, Cairo's spine threatens to crawl out of his skin as he casts about for Crash and Ego fruitlessly, "Shiiiiiiiiit …" After several moments, the Pilot checks the text on his goggles (OOC: CJ has no Radio, so he cannot have heard the order to return from Nova). Then he sends:
Code: Select all
CAIRO:  Crash and Ego back with you?  I came out of a Merge and they were gone.  I am attempting to locate. Possibly more Magic, or a teleporter?


CJ will then do just that, gliding up and down passageways in a silent search for either his missing crewmates or whatever snatched them while he was in a damn net-scape.
Last edited by Cairo on Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Simone Helbrect » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:41 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 89/46%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 2; 1d100 = 71
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor

Simone stands watch over the other two, her mind wanders slightly at the situation. Disabling this monster will be a monumental pain in the ass.

Cairo wrote:
Code: Select all
CAIRO:  Crash and Ego back with you?  I came out of a Merge and they were gone.  I am attempting to locate. Possibly more Magic, or a teleporter?


Simone looks to the other two. "Two missing now?"

Simone keys her visor.

Code: Select all
SIMONE: No sign of them here. Nova wants a regroup at our current location. Some sort of Teleporter room.


Simone continues to watch the situation as it unfolds.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:19 pm

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD wrote:Perception [67+(15 in Space): 82%]: Original post: 1d100 = 83
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 13
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 76


Conditions: Personal AR 12, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Force Disc, Armor on Arms/Legs (AR 18), Merge [Goggles]

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1303/1450

==~==~==~==~==~==

Cairo receives the text response from Helbrect with an internal cringe and turns back towards their boarding location and the others,
Code: Select all
CAIRO: Thanks. OMW. Maybe they just left me hooked in and are on route.  Crash, Ego, do you read?


CJ will glide back on a Force Disc, still silently searching for Crash and the blonde kid (Ego) while somewhat expecting to run into them while finding his way back to Nova and the others.

Navigation 130%: 1d100 = 99 -- Navigate back to others, eventually(?).

Should he rejoin Nova and company, the PA Pilot offers a frustrated wave, "Hope Crash is looking out for Ego. Kid is still pretty green ..."
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:44 am

Perception: 1d100 = 33/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 26

Augur wrote:A moment's squelch over his open comm channel is his only response from Crash or Ego.

Cairo wrote:
Code: Select all
CAIRO:  Crash and Ego back with you?  I came out of a Merge and they were gone.  I am attempting to locate. Possibly more Magic, or a teleporter?

No no no dammit! "Brainiac, get me some intel! Helbent, high speed search of every where you can access. NOW." Can't have more captured men on our mission to save the others. This is all going to shit.

Nova waits for Brainiac or Hellbent's reports back before making any further decisions.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:53 pm

Perception: 83%/1d100 = 23
JIC: 1d20 = 19, 1d100 = 93

Rosseyn wrote:"Brainiac, get me some intel! Helbent, high speed search of every where you can access. NOW."

Ryden does his best to keep his voice even as he speaks. He was frustrated too, and more than a bit scared for his friend. Yes, he realized, he considers Niall a friend. He is a pain in the ass, a xenophobe, but a friend, not to mention part of the family that was the 1st SOG. "I have no intel besides a probable location of where this teleporter leads. This system is closed and has no access beyond going to one place. Given that information, my guess is some sort of transit hub - which will be watched and heavily guarded. Sounds like suicide. As for where our people are, I might be able to pull logs from local surveillance, but I'd have to go there. But I'd imagine Fang can do the same. But if we go there, I can see what I can do." 'I know I regularly give seeming miracles, but I can't make the system do what its not designed to able to do.'
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:35 am

Hangouts Augur wrote:No real development,no substantive GM post. Figure out what y'all are gonna do. Cairo, you crit failed your nav roll, assume it takes you a couple minutes to get reoriented and meet up with the others


Perception [67+(15 in Space): 82%]: 1d100 = 20
JiC D20: 1d20 = 8
JiC D100: 1d100 = 85

Conditions: Personal AR 12, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Force Disc, Armor on Arms/Legs (AR 18), Merge [Goggles]

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1304/1450

==~==~==~==~==~==

Arriving in armor thoroughly buckled, burned, and obviously compromised, CJ eventually glides up to the poshly appointed room on a Force Disc. He pauses to examine the access panel at the entrance door and try to determine if it bears the same characteristics as the heavy doors where Crash and Ego vanished.

Read Sensory Equipment 100%: 1d100 = 9
Computer Operations 110%: 1d100 = 31

"No luck? I think I looked everywhere coming back. Hope Crash is looking out for Ego. Kid is still pretty green ..."

As he examines the panel to see if it is the same type/style, Cairo says, "The Heavy Doors where the others vanished had [or did not have] this kind of access. I think I would have heard if they opened, but I was merged in for a few minutes and came back out alone. If the Bug-guy can get us in, maybe we should check in there first."
Last edited by Cairo on Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:55 pm

Perception: 83%/1d100 = 92
JIC: 1d20 = 10, 1d100 = 35

"You merged with the system? Was it RES or standard atorian code? I was surprised when we were in the databank and just how much they use RES. I already told Nova I could probably get more info out of the place where they disappeared - this room isn't even meant to be accessed by artificial life forms. They don't use the teleport at all." 'It doesn't make sense them just disappearing like that. And why not take Fang?' Ryden disconnects and moves towards his Duskhound, ready to mount up.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:20 pm

Cairo wrote:Perception [67+(15 in Space): 82%]: Original post: 1d100 = 20
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 8
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 85


Conditions: Personal AR 12, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Force Disc, Armor on Arms/Legs (AR 18), Merge [Goggles]

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1304/1450

==~==~==~==~==~==

Cairo looks over at Ryden, "Yeah I merged in, over at the big set of security doors. They have a really aggressive RES system. Couldn't get through very easily." He then looks over at Nova, "Hellbrect had borrowed my Armor, so her helmet's in my bag. Any chance I could step through and grab it? Being without comms sucks."
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:25 pm

(rolls held)
"Cool, thanks for the data dump Fang. Boss, I could probably do something with that, but I suggest you mark this location if you can. Having access to the teleporter would do us some good." He waits for the spy's orders before mounting up, but he does set it ready to go as much as possible before doing so. 'Yeah, I could do a lot with access to RES. Wonder if I could work out a way to remotely access it. this standing in the halls thing is getting old.'
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:49 am

(Rolls held)

Nova opens a gateway to the Grifter for Fang to step through. He then addresses Brainiac. "That sets this as a location. If this teleporter isn't what we need, then let's get to the RES." Nova moves with the others to the location Fang previously tried to connect with, wondering the whole time Where the hell are they?
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:06 pm

Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: 1304 I.R., Day 55, 1620
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Environment: somewhat dense atmo, high oxygen, ship interior
Location: Aboard I.S.S. Vikelter, in orbit around Chandrakant II

Ambient Sound of the Starship Interior (open in new tab & listen while you read)

As the group makes its way through the passageways, they can hear the hum of heavy machinery echoing through the passages. If past experience is any indicator, they surmise that they're going to have more company via the robotic lifts shortly. After winding down passageways much more narrow than that which Ryden & Rosseyn have so far been exposed, they arrive before a large metal double door at the end of a long passage. The panel beside the door is akin to all the rest they've seen but does have distinguishing features which identify it as something different than the others, and notably, there's no DNA scanner pad on this panel.

MAP REVEAL (open in new tab)
Map Notes: 1 square = 10'


What are your intentions?
Butcher's Bill
Grifter: -496 to armor
Simone: -7 shots; -90 to armor's main body
Cairo: -175 personal S.D.C., -100 to helmet, Main Body Armor Destroyed [all features disabled]
Rosseyn: -5 shots; -50 to armor's main body, -1060 Force Field used
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5217
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:07 pm

OOC: I admit I wanted to use Bow/Starboard/Stern/Port ... but because I am not sure which direction is the Bow/Fore, but for now I am referencing the Top as the Bow.

Perception [67+(15 in Space): 82%]: 1d100 = 2
JiC D20: 1d20 = 5
JiC D100: 1d100 = 21

Conditions: Personal AR 12, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Force Disc, Armor on Arms/Legs (AR 18), Merge [Goggles]

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1306/1450

==~==~==~==~==~==

Cairo looks at the door area for any changes but finds nothing new or changed, "We passed the lift that they are using for droids. From the sounds we just heard, it might make sense for me to go try and jam up the doors on the one in that Fore hallway there while Brainiac is breaking through on their Network. Build a choke point. Any objection? ... "
"This Location"
06.29.19.Lift2.png
06.29.19.Lift2.png (119.25 KiB) Viewed 2010 times

This is like ~80-100ft away.

If Nova is ok with it, Cairo heads a bit north(?) and grabs one of the droids he had previously wrecked. Then he proceeds up to the Droid lift. If the door's are open like an elevator then CJ jams a 50lb slab of metal into place to prevent the doors from closing (in the hopes that this will keep the Lift from moving), if the Doors are closed, he will instead jam pieces into the frame to prevent them from opening.

*If the damn Security door doesn't work, then maybe we try those other doors where that first set of drones were dropped ... * En route back though, CJ grabs another of the wrecked Drones (~300lbs) and sets it on his shoulder, * ... If needed, having a 300lb potential weight to use as a makeshift missile.*

"Thinking of Here"
If the Heavy Doors end up wasted effort.
06.30.19.3.png
06.30.19.3.png (107.72 KiB) Viewed 2010 times
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:13 pm

Perception: 83%/1d100 = 60
JIC: 1d20 = 7, 1d100 = 17

Ryden mounts into the Dusk Hound and then keeps up best he can with the others heading to the location. When he reaches the port, he exits the modified War Dog and leaves it idling and ready to be mounted into at a moment's notice. He then connects with the Port and prepares to cyberjack in, setting his null grav rig to allow him the needed movement. Before he gets started, he sets up a new sub-team net that does not include the missing Arismal. He will keep them in the already existing one, namely to monitor it, but best not to use it from here on. He also marks the encryption scheme he used as bunk and moves on to another scheme he'd come up with that had a different algorithm altogether. He sends an update to everyone still active with the team (including Halko). "New encryption up. Don't use the old communication protocols," he intones to the others.

Blocking out all external feeds save radio and text feeds, he dives in. He sends a text notation to the group.
Code: Select all
I'm text only until I come screaming out of this or tell you otherwise. Fang, if you need to you can use my Duskhound, but please treat it gentler than your last one. That was a lot of work to modify. I don't think I can get the parts to do it again. It doesn't have lasers, so I advise fire discipline and a ranged stance.
With that he logs into the system, tries to get greater local access in order to look at transit logs, He also tries to upgrade his arsenal. 'Here goes nothing.' (OOC: I'll post my final RES stats after this is dealt with)

Great Wall of Rolls
Rolls for Encryption
Radio: Basic 118%/1d100 = 87 - To scan already recorded communication and any active communication for frequencies to avoid, save for monitoring purposes PASS!
Intelligence 69%/1d100 = 94 - To scan already recorded communication and any active communication for frequencies to avoid, save for monitoring purposes (FAIL)
Lore: Alien 73%/1d100 = 98 - Don't use anything already used against the Brushheads or Zed before. (CRITICAL FAILURE)
Military: Electronic Warfare 78%/1d100 = 32 - to set up encryption schemes that fool enemy EW attempts. PASS!
Computer Programming 113%/1d100 = 78 - Write a program that will exchange scheme change data without compromising data. PASS!
Cryptography 88%/1d100 = 4 - set up rotating and modulating encryption for comm and data traffic. CRITICAL SUCCESS!

Rolls for Cyberjacking
Note: Margin passed by is provided so Augur can easily see if his GM only penalties will make me fail or not. If they are greater than the amount I passed by, I would actually fail.
Literacy: Imperial Trade Tongue (Les Iban) 78%/1d100 = 14 - Cause reading, yo. PASS!
Cyberjacking 108%/1d100 = 71 - To Gain Access and register with the system as an Atorian Specialized Computer Repair Drone PASS by 37!
Computer Hacking 93% | Cyberjacking 108%/1d100 = 15 - To get greater access to read the local access logs. PASS by 78/93! (not sure which skill is more appropriate - logs are not generally protected by RES, but may require RES login)
Computer Hacking 93% | Cyberjacking 108%/1d100 = 33 - To get greater access to read the local helpfile (to learn the structure of the file system). PASS by 60/76!
Computer Hacking 93% | Cyberjacking 108%/1d100 = 17 - To get greater access to read the local camera logs. PASS by 76/91!
Computer Hacking 93% | Cyberjacking 108%/1d100 = 88 - To get greater access to read the local communication logs. PASS by 5/20!

Rolls for adding to my RES arsenal
Note: "Programming on the fly" penalty already included (-30) below and there is a static -16 penalty for cyber-melee weapon creation. margin passed by is provided so Augur can easily see if his GM only penalties will make me fail or not. If they are greater than the amount I passed by, I would actually fail.
Computer Programming 113%/1d100 = 90 - To copy a passkey that one of the previous bots used for examination PASS by 23!
Computer Programming 113-30=73%/1d100 = 87 - To give my Icon a skill of "Atorian/Imperial Robot Electronics" at 57% (per AUGG p. 206) FAIL by 15!
Computer Programming 113-30=73%/1d100 = 21 - To give my Icon a skill of "Atorian/Imperial Military Etiquette" at 57% (per AUGG p. 206) PASS by 52!
Computer Programming 113-30=73%/1d100 = 82 - To give my Icon a skill of "Atorian/Imperial Computer Design" at 57% (per AUGG p. 206) FAIL by 9!
Computer Programming 113-30=73%/1d100 = 62 - To give my Icon a skill of "Atorian/Imperial Security Procedures" at 57% (per AUGG p. 206) PASS by 11!
Computer Programming 113-30=83%/1d100 = 8 - To program a mechno-form persona that resembles an Atorian Specialized Computer Repair Drone (gain Mechano-form RES power with atorian worker bot as form) (28% chance of successful activation; per AUGG p. 206) PASS by 75!
Computer Programming 113-30=83%/1d100 = 50 - Make a ranged cyber-weapon that does 1d6x10 damage with 11 shots (per AUGG p. 207) PASS by 33!
Computer Programming 113-46=67%/1d100 = 92 - Make a melee cyber-weapon that does 8d6 damage (per AUGG p. 207) FAIL by 25!
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:45 pm

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD

Cairo receives Ryden's text with a twinge of morbid bemusement and taps his radio live with the new encryption, "Not using Brainiac's Duskhound, but maybe Nova can throw up a protective field around him and it. That way Brainiac does not sprout holes while trying to get back into it."

OOC: Could someone mention Simone's nickname as Hellbent …

*I wonder if those things from the surface are working for the Brushheads. Maybe they grabbed Crash and Ego? ... They didn't show up on the Hellhound's sensors.*
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:19 am

Perception: 1d100 = 39/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 2

Cairo wrote:"We passed the lift that they are using for droids. From the sounds we just heard, it might make sense for me to go try and jam up the doors on the one in that Fore hallway there while Brainiac is breaking through on their Network. Build a choke point. Any objection? ... "

"Good call. Jam away."

Ryden wrote:
Code: Select all
I'm text only until I come screaming out of this or tell you otherwise. Fang, if you need to you can use my Duskhound, but please treat it gentler than your last one. That was a lot of work to modify. I don't think I can get the parts to do it again. It doesn't have lasers, so I advise fire discipline and a ranged stance.

Cairo wrote:"Not using Brainiac's Duskhound, but maybe Nova can throw up a protective field around him and it. That way Brainiac does not sprout holes while trying to get back into it."


Nova punches the new encryption into his radio and responds to the two of them. "I've got your six while you're diving. Fang, let me know if we have company. Hellbent, how's my search coming along?"

Rosseyn creates a 300 SDC force bubble around Brainiac and his Duskhound to keep them safe.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:55 pm

Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: 1307 I.R., Day 55
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Environment: somewhat dense atmo, high oxygen, ship interior
Location: Aboard I.S.S. Vikelter, in orbit around Chandrakant II

Ambient Sound of the Starship Interior (open in new tab & listen while you read)

Cairo heads a bit fore, grabs one of the smashed drones, and hefts it to the nearest lift specified for drones. He finds the process of trying to wedge a hunk of metal to prevent the lift from opening on this tightly engineered ship to be far more difficult than he initially imagined. Nevertheless, he manages to accomplish the task after a solid two minutes of heavy exertion. (Shown by wrench icon on panel.)

Arriving at the panel, Rosseyn and Simone help Ryden out of his suit to speed things up while Cairo rushes off to slow down potentially incoming threats. Rosseyn creates a force bubble around Ryden and his Duskhound to keep them safe, while Simone keeps an eye open for trouble. Ryden sends a quick text message to the group, then begins to interface with the panel through his suit. Once he manages a valid interface, he finds that the basic directory structure is a common hierarchical system, but access is guarded by RES. He also finds that there is no local access to camera footage & communication logs, but that data is available behind the RES...as it appears nearly everything else is. He also determines that there are a total of 42 RES protected network panels across this ship. Most are in automated levels inaccessible and extremely hostile to most humanoid life, but there are three separate networked consoles in engineering central, as well as six more on the bridge of the I.S.S. Vikelter.Ryden quickly surmises that were he to need a team to join him in a deep dive, engineering would be the least heavily guarded of the two locations with the infrastructure necessary to the task. All other locations with a networked console across the ship are stand-alone consoles like the one at which he was presently, literally, standing. Resigning himself to at least a causal RES dive, and takes the digital plunge past the RES firewall. He quickly finds that the programs he had in mind going in won't work as this instantiation of reality is a primitive mechanical world devoid of the principles of electronics. Before his is the ancient-looking entrance to a mine complex. There's a mine cart resting at the end of the track, and a lever beside that cart. The shaft of the level has the words "plasma maintenance room access" written along its length in Les Iban characters branded into the wooden shaft. The mine cart rests at the end of a trio of tracks which split off from the end and descend into three separate mine shafts. Each shaft, like the shaft of the lever, has words branded into the beams across the top of the shafts (see map). At the juncture of the three tracks stands a short, but wicked looking fellow whose teeth seem to be filed to points, his skin wrinkled and weathered like the fabric of time itself, and his attire smacks of a crude and primitive past. He seems to be waiting for Ryden to do or say something.

Moments later, Simone spots a quartet of drones zip silently into sight at the end of the corridor far foreward.

RES MAP REVEAL (open in new tab)
SHIP MAP REVEAL (open in new tab)
Map Notes: 1 square = 10'


What are your intentions?
Butcher's Bill
Grifter: -496 to armor
Ryden: force bubble: 300 S.D.C.
Simone: -7 shots; -90 to armor's main body
Cairo: -175 personal S.D.C., -100 to helmet, Main Body Armor Destroyed [all features disabled]
Rosseyn: -5 shots; -50 to armor's main body, -1060 Force Field used
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5217
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:26 pm

Perception [67+(15 in Space): 82%]: 1d100 = 13
JiC D20: 1d20 = 16
JiC D100: 1d100 = 83

Conditions: Personal AR 12, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Force Disc, Armor on Arms/Legs (AR 18), Merge [Goggles, Energy Club]

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1307/1450

==~==~==~==~==~==

With the Lift's door jammed, Cairo's hands drop to the hilt of one of the Energy-Clubs (to Merge) and he jams its energy crackling end into a light, *Hopefully I can short circuit or overload some of these things ... drop some lighting for our chokepoint.* If he hears, catches sight of the pack of drones coming in from the fore, he radios, "Incoming bots, 4 at least. I'll try to keep them focused in here. Flank if you can."

CJ will pop his head out to look up the hallway then back and starts hurling Force-Discs at lights to help knock down the lighting until the bots round the corner, then he will swing his energy club with all his might at the engine of the closest Drone hoping he can damage its maneuverability, *BloodandAshesOhGodsletthemFlankthesethings! OhmyFr&kkingGods!! Let this work ... Keep it together CJ. Fr&kety fr&k fr&k fr&k. New Girl can shoot from the side ... Nova can box these things or something. Let us keep these things off Brainiac. Should I even do this here? I could try to out-fly them down the Hall and run them to the Teleporter room. By the time I got there Nova could have a portal for me to just pop-through.*

*** If the 4-Drones remain up at the Fore hallway (just firing down the chokepoint) and do not come down, CJ will continue to damage lights and then, maybe throw around force discs into the hallway to make himself worth investigating when they decide to try.

*** If the 4-Drones blast past him full down the hallway to the Aft, CJ will himself Flank and attack them from behind as they assault Hellbent and Nova.

Cairo will Parry anything he can with his Energy Club, but will forego up 2 attacks to affirmatively dodge anything big (like missiles) and either: 1) dodge around and take cover inside the doorway of the lift (if that provides cover), or 2) get around behind the bots flying under or over them on the Force Disc to get behind them. Otherwise he will rely on his autododge and try to give a good reason to be the focus for these drones.

"Combat"
APM: 7
Initiative [+5]: 1d20+5 = 7

1] Energy Club to Light 1d20+15 = 26, 3d6+35 = 52 Damage
2-3] Deathblow to Engine or Wing of 1st Drone he Spots 1d20+11 = 22, 6d6+35 = 54 Damage
4-5] Deathblow to Engine or Wing of 2nd Drone he Spots 1d20+11 = 28, 6d6+35 = 56 Damage
6] Energy Club to Wing of Closest Drone 1d20+15 = 17, 3d6+35 = 49 Damage
7] Energy Club to Wing of Closest Drone 1d20+15 = 16, 3d6+35 = 46 Damage

Parry anything he can with his Energy Club Bonus: [+17]: 1d20+17 = 29, 1d20+17 = 18, 1d20+17 = 29, 1d20+17 = 36, 1d20+17 = 25, 1d20+17 = 28, 1d20+17 = 37, 1d20+17 = 21, 1d20+17 = 29, 1d20+17 = 29, 1d20+17 = 36, 1d20+17 = 36

Dodge [+15]: EP-Dodge (if applicable), 1d20+15 = 16
Auto-Dodge [+9]: 1d20+9 = 29, 1d20+9 = 25, 1d20+9 = 17, 1d20+9 = 17, 1d20+9 = 18, 1d20+9 = 17, 1d20+9 = 28, 1d20+9 = 20, 1d20+9 = 20, 1d20+9 = 29, 1d20+9 = 11
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:01 am

Perception: 1d100 = 49/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 20

After helping Ryden out of his armor and creating some cover for him, Rosseyn spends the next while standing vigilantly over Brainiac. I already lost two. Have to keep my damn eyes open. They could nab any of us at any time. He hits his newly encrypted radio and says "Fang, status report." He keeps his senses aware for any mechanical eyes targeting him.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Simone Helbrect » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:38 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 87/46%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 1; 1d100 = 84
Conditions: Healing Factor & Invulnerability.

Initiative: 1d20+4 = 13
Number of attacks: 7

Action One: Move one intersection up and take some cover.
Action Two: Fire STAR at flying drones (Front Right). (Strike: 1d20 = 16; Damage: 1d8*10 = 10)
Action Three: Fire STAR at flying drones (Front Right). (Strike: 1d20 = 6; Damage: 1d8*10 = 10)
Action Four: Fire STAR at flying drones (Front Right). (Strike: 1d20 = 20 Nat 20; Damage: 1d8*10 = 30 60 Damage.)
Action Five: Fire STAR at flying drones (Front Right). (Strike: 1d20 = 16; Damage: 1d8*10 = 60)
Action Six: Fire STAR at flying drones (Front Right). (Strike: 1d20 = 4; Damage: 1d8*10 = 40)
Action Seven: Fire STAR at flying drones (Front Right). (Strike: 1d20 = 10; Damage: 1d8*10 = 60)

Parries as needed: 1d20+13 = 25, 1d20+13 = 32, 1d20+13 = 15, 1d20+13 = 33, 1d20+13 = 21, 1d20+13 = 26.
Auto-Dodge: 1d20+5 = 25, 1d20+5 = 9, 1d20+5 = 22, 1d20+5 = 10, 1d20+5 = 25, 1d20+5 = 8, 1d20+5 = 23.
Roll W/: 1d20+9 = 29, 1d20+9 = 24, 1d20+9 = 11, 1d20+9 = 27, 1d20+9 = 16, 1d20+9 = 29, 1d20+9 = 14.

"Incoming." Simone says as she moves up to take a more tactical position guarding the corridors. Simone opens up with her borrowed shotgun, putting slugs down rang, in a hope of crippling the drones before they can do any real damage to the party. An infinite amount of drones to drown us in. Oh joy of joys. Simone thinks as she keeps firing with her dwindling ammo supply. Under half a clip... Need to reload soon. Simone thinks as she keeps shooting.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:47 pm

Perception 83%/1d100 = 79
JIC: 1d20 = 2, 1d100 = 83

Ryden sends a text back to the others.
Code: Select all
Accessed RES. This door leads to plasma maintenance - some part of the ship's power system - and I can get us in semi-trivially. Good thing to have secure access to, but not sure it's going to help us. We need to find Engineering. If we can save a drone when we see it next, we need to hack it for a directory and map of this place. Pretty sure Fang could handle that easily enough with his merge ability. Do you want me to deep dive behind the firewall, or do you want to go into Plasma Maintenance, or would you rather we relocate?

Ryden looks at the entity but does not advance or disconnect until he gets word from Nova.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:17 pm

Rolls held

Ryden wrote:
Code: Select all
Accessed RES. This door leads to plasma maintenance - some part of the ship's power system - and I can get us in semi-trivially. Good thing to have secure access to, but not sure it's going to help us. We need to find Engineering. If we can save a drone when we see it next, we need to hack it for a directory and map of this place. Pretty sure Fang could handle that easily enough with his merge ability. Do you want me to deep dive behind the firewall, or do you want to go into Plasma Maintenance, or would you rather we relocate?

Ryden looks at the entity but does not advance or disconnect until he gets word from Nova.




“Let’s relocate. Find Engineering and access from there.”
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:22 pm

(rolls held)
Code: Select all
Copy that, exiting.

With that, Ryden exits the RES and begins the process of getting back into his power armor.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:25 pm

Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: 1308 I.R., Day 55
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Environment: somewhat dense atmo, high oxygen, ship interior
Location: Aboard I.S.S. Vikelter, in orbit around Chandrakant II

Ambient Sound of the Starship Interior (open in new tab & listen while you read)

The drones Simone spotted zoom towards her at high speed. She starts unloading slug after slug downrange as they approach, but the killer bots move around a lot in their approach vector, so she only land three hits, and one of those seems to just deflect off of their armored hides, but one of the ones that does land, finds just the right spot and manages to blow off the vibro-blade edge of one wing. As the nearest pair of drones each launches a pair of rockets at her, the other pair zip off down a port side passageway. Simone manages to duck one pair, but ducks right into the other pair and the explosion rocks her inside her armor. Cairo leaps out from an alcove behind the drones as they zip by, and pursues them, landing two blows which significantly damages the drone Simone hadn't been targeting. More mini-missiles are launched, and again Simone evades half of them. In her HUD warning lights along the top edge of the visor begin to flash showing significant damage & potential seal breach. She gets her feet firmly under her, and thinks her head is clear when she sees a woman step through the starboard side bulkhead adjacent to her in time to see the smoke rising from Simone's heavily damaged suit. "Frak. No faith bastards," is all the woman says as she quickly takes in the sight of Simone, Rosseyn, and Ryden. Rosseyn spots her as well. The gal's not the most beautiful woman he's ever seen, but she's definitely attractive, and she's a redhead. The goggles she's wearing and the not-utterly-ridiculous haircut are also big points in her favor: not only is she not a hostile brush-head intent on his death through agonizing medical experimentation, she's an Arismal! Ryden communicates with the group from inside the "foyer" of sorts in the RES, and Rosseyn quickly gives him the extraction order. About that time the other pair of drones emerge from the other side of the antechamber in which they're standing and send a pair of explosive rockets into the force bubble around Ryden and smack into Rosseyn's back. He stumbles forward a couple steps from the kinetic transfer, but catches his balance. It's then that he feels the presence of the electronic eye over the console watching him. Ryden disengages from the RES, a little disturbed that the short thing just kept watching him with that malicious grin. he emerges from the RES to see smoke drifting around Simone. Rosseyn's armor is blasted in back, and the man's hair is even tousled in an uncomely manner. He sees the unfamiliar woman standing near Simone, and he sees the two combat drones flying towards his position. Cairo, meanwhile, is in pursuit of the drones racing towards the others (and a new gal?) when he hears a horrific metal-on-metal screeching noise coming from the vicinity of the lift he jammed.

Image

SHIP MAP REVEAL (open in new tab)
Map Notes: 1 square = 10'

What are your intentions?
Butcher's Bill
Grifter: -496 to armor
Ryden: force bubble: 260 S.D.C.
Simone: -14 shots; -180 to armor's main body
Cairo: -175 personal S.D.C., -100 to helmet, Main Body Armor Destroyed [all features disabled]
Rosseyn: -5 shots; -100 to armor's main body, -1060 Force Field used
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5217
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:00 pm

Perception [67+(15 in Space): 82%]: 1d100 = 35
JiC D20: 1d20 = 6
JiC D100: 1d100 = 74

Conditions: Personal AR 12, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Force Disc, Armor on Arms/Legs (AR 18), Merge [Goggles, Energy Club]

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1307/1450

==~==~==~==~==~==

CJ cracks the 2nd Drone across the engine with the intention NOT to destroy it's main body, *Hopefully we can keep from scrapping 1 of these stupid scrap-buckets.* He smacks the thrice-damned drone in the engine and wings until it (hopefully) drops but avoids hitting it in the main body. Once Drone 2 is disabled, he will pick up 1 of the previously disabled drones from his prior fight (the 1 that looks like a Sphere) and head Aft to the room where the others have met Red.

When he catches sight of Red (the Valkyrie), the PA Pilot stops short (skip an action) before offering a humorous greeting, "Sorry Miss. Are we being too loud? ... We will try to keep it down."

Cairo will Parry anything he can with either his Energy Club or the wreck of an Atorian-Drone that he can hold casually in 1-hand. The PA Pilot will forego up 2 attacks to affirmatively dodge anything big (like missiles) prior to speaking to Red, but once he has, will stand between her and the active drones and parry to prevent her from injury.

Should combat actually finish, CJ will look over at Red and shrug apologetically, "To answer your next question, No, we have not found a decent bar on this ship. And I think it has bugs. They just do not keep things very clean around here. Are you alone?" He then looks over at Nova, "Our pre-jammed Droid-Lift? ... It sounds like its about to lose the jammed designation, so I hope Brainiac is getting something useful.

"Combat"
APM: 7
Initiative [+5]: 1d20+5 = 19

House Rule on Melee Called Shots: "Only really small targets require called strikes. For example, while it may be tough to hit someone's head with a ranged weapon, it isn't a big difference for a melee fighter, so it is just be a normal strike directed at the target's head. Tiny targets which would be hard to hit even up close and personal (like a weapon) requires a called strike and a certain level of GM discretion."
Sorry, the head is harder to hit than a weapon? This language seems ambiguous. A knife might be smaller than a head, a rifle is bigger than the head, I'm just saying ...

1-2] Energy Club to the Engine or Wing of Drone 2 (in the image provided, the wings do not look Tiny), 1d20+15 = 34, 3d6+35 = 44 Damage
3-4] Energy Club to the Engine or Wing of Drone 2, 1d20+15 = 31, 3d6+35 = 46 Damage
5-6] Energy Club to the Engine or Wing of Drone 2, 1d20+15 = 30, 3d6+35 = 43 Damage
7] Energy Club to Drone 1 if it is still closeby, 1d20+15 = 27, 3d6+35 = 45 Damage

Parry anything he can with his Energy Club or the wrecked Drone: [+17]: 1d20+17 = 35, 1d20+17 = 37, 1d20+17 = 20, 1d20+17 = 27, 1d20+17 = 32, 1d20+17 = 18, 1d20+17 = 24, 1d20+17 = 22

Dodge [+15]: 1d20+15 = 30, 1d20+15 = 28
Auto-Dodge [+9]: 1d20+9 = 12, 1d20+9 = 21, 1d20+9 = 25, 1d20+9 = 22, 1d20+9 = 15, 1d20+9 = 18, 1d20+9 = 18, 1d20+9 = 26


"Extraneous Dice Rolls"
1d20+15 = 30, 3d6+35 = 46 1d20+15 = 18, 3d6+35 = 48 1d20+15 = 18, 3d6+35 = 44
Last edited by Cairo on Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Simone Helbrect » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:28 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 55/46%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 1; 1d100 = 66
Conditions: Healing Factor & Invulnerability.

Initiative: 1d20+4 = 5
Number of Actions: 7

Action One: Charge Drone #3 with Body Block. (40 MPH; Strike: 1d20+9 = 27; Damage: 1d6+10 = 15)
Action Two: Kick Drone #3. (Strike: 1d20+9 = 12; Damage: 2d4+2 = 8)
Action Three: Kick Drone #3. (Strike: 1d20+9 = 28; Damage: 2d4+2 = 5)
Action Four: Kick Drone #3. (Strike: 1d20+9 = 26; Damage: 2d4+2 = 10)
Action Five: Kick Drone #3. (Strike: 1d20+9 = 22; Damage: 2d4+2 = 6)
Action Six: Kick Drone #3. (Strike: 1d20+9 = 13; Damage: 2d4+2 = 10)
Action Seven: Kick Drone #3. (Strike: 1d20+9 = 28; Damage: 2d4+2 = 6)

Parries as Needed: 1d20+13 = 29, 1d20+13 = 22, 1d20+13 = 16, 1d20+13 = 24, 1d20+13 = 22, 1d20+13 = 33, 1d20+13 = 30.
Auto-Dodges as Needed: 1d20+5 = 7, 1d20+5 = 19, 1d20+5 = 7, 1d20+5 = 17, 1d20+5 = 11, 1d20+5 = 7, 1d20+5 = 14.
Roll w/ as Needed: 1d20+9 = 22, 1d20+9 = 10, 1d20+9 = 14, 1d20+9 = 16, 1d20+9 = 25, 1d20+9 = 19, 1d20+9 = 15.

Need to tie up some of these drones. Daphne thinks as she charges one of the drones and tries to body check it. Daphne forgoes using her gun to land kicks into the machine, hoping to keep it busy for a while. the other one is likely going to try and hit me in the back. Simone thinks briefly between kick attempts.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:21 pm

Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: 1309 I.R., Day 55
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Environment: somewhat dense atmo, high oxygen, ship interior
Location: Aboard I.S.S. Vikelter, in orbit around Chandrakant II

Ambient Sound of the Starship Interior (open in new tab & listen while you read)

Rosseyn channels his force ability into creating a protective field around himself which fits him like a glove. It's then that the new gal notices his rating insignia. She says to no one in particular, "Another spook, huh? Well, let's hope I'm in good company. Hold the line for a moment." She steps out into the vestibule beside Simone, the stares with intensity at the drones speeding towards them. They zip up and past those assembled shooting ion blasts well over the heads of the assembled Arismal before continuing further port and then up a passageway heading fore. A moment later, the drones that were blasting Nova's force fields turn tail and follow them. Simone finds herself momentarily flummoxed as she was ready to tackle one of the things, and with his quarry not behaving as expected, Cairo nearly crashes into Ryden while in pursuit of his target drone. Rosseyn quickly lends Ryden a hand and helps him suit up. "Look, we ain't got all day. They think they're pursuing a higher priority target, as I imagine a spinning mechanism of destruction would alarm them more than a handful of annoying intruders. They won't be fooled long though. Get your shit together and let's get outta here. The rest of the Third SOG is on the engineering deck in the brig. And for frak's sake, don't even think about following these tin cans to an automated deck. That was our mistake."


SHIP MAP REVEAL (open in new tab)
Map Notes: 1 square = 10'[/color]

What are your intentions?
Butcher's Bill
Grifter: -496 to armor
Ryden: force bubble: 260 S.D.C.
Simone: -14 shots; -180 to armor's main body
Cairo: -175 personal S.D.C., -100 to helmet, Main Body Armor Destroyed [all features disabled]
Rosseyn: -5 shots; -100 to armor's main body, -1260 Force Field used
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5217
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:45 pm

Perception [67+(15 in Space): 82%]: 1d100 = 62
JiC D20: 1d20 = 13
JiC D100: 1d100 = 65

Conditions: Personal AR 12, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Force Disc, Armor on Arms/Legs (AR 18), Merge [Goggles, Energy Club]

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1308/1450

==~==~==~==~==~==

Red wrote:Rosseyn quickly lends Ryden a hand and helps him suit up. "Look, we ain't got all day. They think they're pursuing a higher priority target, as I imagine a spinning mechanism of destruction would alarm them more than a handful of annoying intruders. They won't be fooled long though. Get your shit together and let's get outta here. The rest of the Third SOG is on the engineering deck in the brig. And for frak's sake, don't even think about following these tin cans to an automated deck. That was our mistake."


CJ frowns for a moment as he thinks back over the limited info provided on the 3rd SOG then cocks an eyebrow befor asking a few questions (waiting for answers after each), "Spoken like someone who knows where the hell you'd like to be going. You are Dalia right? They got 2 of ours as well. Hopefully we will find them in the Brig as well. What brought you here to us?"

The PA Pilot hopes for a response about Red having gotten access to some kind of Brushhead communications, or map or something to suggest she knows where they are going. He then looks over at Brainiac, "You weren't in there long, did you find anything worth mentioning on your RES-Jaunt?"

Cairo looks over to Nova for some response, orders, or input. Then, in the absence of other suggestions, CJ will enlarge his Force Disc to large enough to carry 4 (CJ, Simone, Nova, and Red) and have Brainiac bring up the rear given that he can handle 20-30 mph with ease and the Wardog/Duskhound is too heavy for CJ's Disc, "There's a Lift over there making all sorts of noise. If we freed it up could we get to the Engineering Deck with the 3rd? Is that above or below us?"

Cairo will move folks who want a ride forward (at ~ 30 mph) as directed by Red unless she requests another speed.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:24 pm

Perception 83%/1d100 = 10
JIC: 1d20 = 4, 1d100 = 25

"Ah, Red. Good. 3rd Captured, bad. Them in Engineering, good. We need to go there anyway. If you know a way, we'll take it, otherwise we have to try the teleporter. Which seems like a good way to join them in the brig. So I'm open to other options. As for what I found, we need to be in Engineering to have anything resembling real access. And the security systems are creepy as hell. sharpened teeth, little miners with a stare that drills into you. The RES is like an ore mine, complete with carts. Didn't see a point in sticking around something that wouldn't help us. Any other mistakes you can share so we don't repeat them?" Ryden gets into and activates the Duskhound and follows Fang, Red, Nova, and Hellbent.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Simone Helbrect » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:14 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 83/46%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 19; 1d100 = 10
Conditions: Healing Factor & Invulnerability.

When the drones "wander off" Simone finally looks to the new person standing right next to her. "Who the hell are you?" Simone says before hearing the others talk, apparently knowing her. "How the frak do you all know who she is?" Simone questions. Moving away from Red in the process. "You did what to them?" Simone again asks. What the frak is going on here. Simone thinks.

Once Simone hears that the 3rd is somewhere else. "Figures. How far are we off course here?" Simone again asks, not really having the slightest clue.

What a hell of a day for a transfer.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:06 pm

(rolls held)
Hellbent wrote:"Who the hell are you?" Simone says before hearing the others talk, apparently knowing her. "How the frak do you all know who she is?"

"Read her file? I made what of their dossiers I could available to you pre-mission. Just call her Red. I am curious about the mind trick on the bots though, that was cool."

Hellbent wrote:"Figures. How far are we off course here?"

"Good question, while I know we need to be in Engineering, I have no idea where that is. Only guy we could have asked got beaten to death. Probably had it coming." It's not an accusation, just a cold presentation of the facts. He wasn't there when it happened, so he doesn't have the information to even infer otherwise. 'Man, I need a map.'
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Simone Helbrect » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:57 pm

((Rolls Held))


Ryden wrote:"Read her file? I made what of their dossiers I could available to you pre-mission. Just call her Red. I am curious about the mind trick on the bots though, that was cool."


Simone shrugs. Yeah... I haven't had time really. To much ass clenching terror and all that." Simone says almost sheepishly. Completely forgot he forwarded those to me... dumb move on my part.

Ryden wrote:"Good question, while I know we need to be in Engineering, I have no idea where that is. Only guy we could have asked got beaten to death. Probably had it coming." It's not an accusation, just a cold presentation of the facts. He wasn't there when it happened, so he doesn't have the information to even infer otherwise.


Again another shrug. "Thought he'd be tougher than he was... My bad." Simone says apologetically.

Simon looks to Red. "So where's the Brig? How do we get there? How did the rest of your frakking team get snatched up anyways? Also what the hell did you do to those drones?" Simone asks rapid fire, while queuing up the dossier to her HUD and perusing it. There is basically nothing in here, are they spooks?
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:05 pm

(rolls held)
Simone Helbrect wrote:Yeah... I haven't had time really. To much ass clenching terror and all that."

Ryden chuckles "That's why you do it during the heart wrenching boredom before mission. We'll get you trained up yet Hellbent."
Simone Helbrect wrote: "Thought he'd be tougher than he was... My bad." Simone says apologetically.

Ryden does a bit of a double take, but recovers. 'She is new to this.' Ryden does what his trainer from his training in special operations tactics had told him did - tell the newb what might seem obvious. "Umm, ok. In the future, take prisoners so we can pump them for intel. Not if it's gonna get us killed, but look for chances." His voice isn't condescending though. He might be suggesting she update the software on her HUD with as much passion as he gives it.
Simone Helbrect wrote:Simon looks to Red. "So where's the Brig? How do we get there? How did the rest of your frakking team get snatched up anyways? Also what the hell did you do to those drones?"

"Brig's in engineering. Keep your head on a swivel. I've got passives on, but not active radar. Don't want to cook you guys."
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:30 pm

Cairo wrote:Perception [67+(15 in Space): 82%]: 1d100 = 62
JiC D20: 1d20 = 13
JiC D100: 1d100 = 65


Conditions: Personal AR 12, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Force Disc, Armor on Arms/Legs (AR 18), Merge [Goggles, Energy Club]

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1308/1450

==~==~==~==~==~==

Ryden wrote:"Ah, Red. Good. 3rd Captured, bad. Them in Engineering, good. We need to go there anyway. If you know a way, we'll take it, otherwise we have to try the teleporter. Which seems like a good way to join them in the brig. So I'm open to other options. As for what I found, we need to be in Engineering to have anything resembling real access. And the security systems are creepy as hell. sharpened teeth, little miners with a stare that drills into you. The RES is like an ore mine, complete with carts. Didn't see a point in sticking around something that wouldn't help us. Any other mistakes you can share so we don't repeat them?" Ryden gets into and activates the Duskhound and follows Fang, Red, Nova, and Hellbent.


Cairo rocks his head side to side and nods along a bit, "Ok so the imperialist slaver wenches also like to program kinky weird security, let me try to summon up some surprise ... nah I got nothing left. What's on the far side of the big door?"

Ryden wrote:Ryden chuckles "That's why you do it during the heart wrenching boredom before mission. We'll get you trained up yet Hellbent."


CJ nods at Brainiac's now-large-armored-form with a bemused grin, "Well, since all they gave us were names and pictures, you could have done it anytime. Altas forbid that anyone know powers available, or rating badges. Before we split though, we may be smart to get Dalia onto the new comms ..." he briefly turns to Red,"So if you're riding along then you can just make the drones see an empty hallway right?"
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:11 pm

(rolls held)
Cairo wrote:"Ok so the imperialist slaver wenches also like to program kinky weird security, let me try to summon up some surprise ... nah I got nothing left. What's on the far side of the big door?"

"Hey, you should have seen the first one of theirs I dealt with - woman's torso, snakes for hair, snake's body in place of legs. Petrified you if you weren't careful. Anyway, it was Plasma Maintenance. A good destination for sabotage but not for our continued health. Besides, I'd rather not poke the security without a need. Anymore than we're already doing anyway."

'Not a bad idea though.' Seeing the wisdom of Fang's suggestion, he pushes an update to Dalia's visor/contacts, with a query for her to accept or reject. "Incoming signal Red, ties you into our encryption and comms, but as a secondary channel so you don't lose any others you've got stored."
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:32 am

Mini-Update

Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: 1310 I.R., Day 55
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Environment: somewhat dense atmo, high oxygen, ship interior
Location: Aboard I.S.S. Vikelter, in orbit around Chandrakant II

Ambient Sound of the Starship Interior (open in new tab & listen while you read)

Simone barrages the woman with questions. "Who the hell are you?"
    The woman replies, "Just call me 'Red' for now. We're not frakking besties or anything."
"You did what to them?"
    Red replies, "Gave 'em something more threatening looking to perceive."
"How far are we off course here?"
    Red adds, "I'd guesstimate about five mostly automated decks, assuming you're here to evac the others, that is."

Cairo asks, "You are Dalia right? They got 2 of ours as well. Hopefully we will find them in the Brig as well. What brought you here to us?"
    The sides of her eyes tighten visibly around her goggles. "It's 'Red.' Keep my name out of your mouth, nugget. You can bet your candy ass we're being monitored; always a safe assumption to make in this kind of environment."

Ryden interjects, "If you know a way, we'll take it, otherwise we have to try the teleporter. Which seems like a good way to join them in the brig. So I'm open to other options. As for what I found, we need to be in Engineering to have anything resembling real access. And the security systems are creepy as hell. sharpened teeth, little miners with a stare that drills into you. The RES is like an ore mine, complete with carts. Didn't see a point in sticking around something that wouldn't help us. Any other mistakes you can share so we don't repeat them?"
    Red responds, "Unless you can walk through walls like me, you have to use the teleporter or brave near-certain death in the automated decks to get anywhere of strategic value on this ship. Problem is, those damn teleporters are DNA coded which severely restricts access to the limited crew. Oh, yeah, did I tell ya? There's only a hundred or so people on this whole ship."

Simone inquires, "How did the rest of your frakking team get snatched up anyways?"
    The skin between Red's eyebrows tightens slightly, "That's a story best told over drinks when we're back with the fleet, not here. No doubt they know you're here given the mess you've made, but they're unlikely to send valuable assets piecemeal to an empty cargo deck like this, so watch your ass once you reach an important one."

Cairo asks, "So if you're riding along then you can just make the drones see an empty hallway right?"
    Red remarks bluntly, "No, doesn't work like that. You focus on what YOU can do. Don't second guess others and how they should best use their abilities."

Ryden says, "Incoming signal Red, ties you into our encryption and comms, but as a secondary channel so you don't lose any others you've got stored."
    Red finishes, "Got it, thanks. Look, you've gotta get the frak move on. Sounds like you've got a mark two bot cutting through that lift over there, and significantly more nasty than a bunch of drones. They're likely to just keep raising the ante to find your weaknesses. Then they'll crush you like bugs with overwhelming numbers and hard assets. I gotta bug out and update the Valkyries. Just make sure engineering is your top priority. The Valkyries can help." She suddenly turns transparent, pivots on one heel, runs toward starboard, and vanishes into a wall like a ghost.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5217
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:05 am

Perception [67+(15 in Space): 82%]: 1d100 = 7
JiC D20: 1d20 = 17
JiC D100: 1d100 = 87

Conditions: Personal AR 12, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Force Disc, Armor on Arms/Legs (AR 18), Merge [Goggles, Energy Club]

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1308/1450

==~==~==~==~==~==

Augur wrote:The sides of her eyes tighten visibly around her goggles. "It's 'Red.' Keep my name out of your mouth, nugget. You can bet your candy ass we're being monitored; always a safe assumption to make in this kind of environment."

CJ glances over at Nova, who has not mentioned anything then back dubiously, *Nah, he would have caught it. That's one of his things, sensing tech surveillance. If there were cameras or microphones he would have mentioned it or neutralized them by now, wouldn't he??*

Augur wrote:Red remarks bluntly, "No, doesn't work like that. You focus on what YOU can do. Don't second guess others and how they should best use their abilities."

"Not looking to direct you Scarlet, just figure out how we can help."

The PA Pilot shakes his head knowing he's now dealing with someone who cannot stomach the ideas of considering someone else's reasoning, *What did Captain Tzu used to say?? ... If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle ... That wily old Hoshi bastage was always so well informed we thought he could read minds. He couldn't, but he made a point of learning what others could do. Intelligence is key, especially when you are out-numbered. This Frakking around and hiding your abilities sh*t is stupid.*

Augur wrote:Red responds, "Unless you can walk through walls like me, you have to use the teleporter or brave near-certain death in the automated decks to get anywhere of strategic value on this ship. Problem is, those damn teleporters are DNA coded which severely restricts access to the limited crew. Oh, yeah, did I tell ya? There's only a hundred or so people on this whole ship." ...

Red finishes, "Got it, thanks. Look, you've gotta get the frak move on. Sounds like you've got a mark two bot cutting through that lift over there, and significantly more nasty than a bunch of drones. They're likely to just keep raising the ante to find your weaknesses. Then they'll crush you like bugs with overwhelming numbers and hard assets. I gotta bug out and update the Valkyries. Just make sure engineering is your top priority. The Valkyries can help." She suddenly turns transparent, pivots on one heel, runs toward starboard, and vanishes into a wall like a ghost.


*Plasma Maintenance? I still want to pop the door open and walk around ... but I guess it might not be worth it if we have to move on.*

With Red a fading memory, CJ sighs, "Y'see it's statements like 'The Valkyries can help' that carry limited frakking credibility when there's no frakking info on how." The PA Pilot turns back to Nova and Brainiac, "If we're heading out, there's another hall we never hit up. Might want to check that before we hit the Teleport thing. Might have more useful intel before we hit the Teleporter."

"Proposed"
08.03.B.jpg
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:39 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 43/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 65

Through walls? Put the mental whammy on bots? That's the best damn spook power combo I've ever seen. Rosseyn finishes suiting Ryden back up and takes in the info he's accumulated thus far. Automated levels are death traps. Valkyries are in the brig save for Red. One hundred Atorians aboard. Teleporters DNA coded.

Cairo wrote:"If we're heading out, there's another hall we never hit up. Might want to check that before we hit the Teleport thing. Might have more useful intel before we hit the Teleporter."


”Let's scout that hall to round out our mental maps. If there's nothing good, we've still got the hand of that Danaus to get us access to the teleporters. Hellbent, get there first and check it out. We're right behind you.”

Don't want to waste time if this bot is going to slice through the lift to get to us.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

PreviousNext

Return to HU2 Galactic: Annals of the Sixth Atorian Expansion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron