AGM "Extra Credit Homework"

The character sheets and OOC chat of A.D.F. personnel only belong here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

AGM "Extra Credit Homework"

Postby Captain Cardea » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:48 am

Greetings to everyone. I have a non formal request of all the players. This is NOT mandatory. Nor would it be held against you for not doing it. It may also provide future “bonuses ” or “hidden extras” in future missions. I would be greatly appreciative if you could please make a SITREP, from your players perspective, of the events leading up the current episode. I am not looking for a novel but more of a series of events in outline form and collection of thoughts. Mostly what I am looking for is information on the following topics:

1) The Coup - The reasoning and circumstances that lead up to the coup, those who were involved, damage report (i.e. loss of ships major officers other than the Admiralty and speculations on the future of A.D.F. (Both short and long-term.)
2) Interpersonal Relationship - Platonic or Romantic, friendship, animosity, etc. (mostly between other A.D.F.) Also please note where/how they first met. (i.e. childhood, boot camp, random encounter, etc.) IF any.
3) Short Term Goals – Personal or Group goals. Short term = by then of the next episode or two. Could be anything from a promotion to a little R-n-R.

The reasoning behind this are as follows: So I can quickly get caught up on the situation at hand and not have to read and sort through past threads. This will help me to focus on the tasks at hand. It will help me come up with extra avenues of ideas for future missions and it will also help me to get to know each of your characters a little better.

**Reminder** I am not looking for extravagant amounts of details, just a brief overview from the perspective from your character.
Captain Cardea
Assistant Game Master

Re: AGM "Extra Credit Homework"

Postby Cairo » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:29 pm

1) The Coup -- Cairo was not originally on/with the Fleet at the time of Arismal's destruction. He was on a transport that got damaged and was eventually subdued as a prisoner/potential slave by a Pirates who arrived to plunder the wreckage. Cairo was substituted for a re-assigned Marine named Bodean during a quick turnover, and the 1st SOG headed back out to explore the jungle planet of Chandrakhant. Thus it ended up that Cairo's 2nd or 3rd real day on the Fleet, shortly after he found out that he wasn't one of a handful of Arismal left in the Galaxy, and that thousands had escaped, he also found out that the remaining Arismal were apparently in the process of starving and turning on each other. The 1st SOG was split up when the Coup broke out, Cairo, Halko and a newly assigned tech/engineer named Jill were together in their Berthing, and had to roam the ship to collect the others. Eventually after fighting a number of fellow-ADF members, CJ clad in a Power-Armor, and the others stormed the command Bridge and he placed a burst of rail-gun fire cleanly through the skull of the Tier-1 Psychic who was mind-frakking everyone into turning over control. Thus ending the Coup.

2) Interpersonal Relationship -- CJ Met the others of the 1st SOG on Day 37. They were exploring the Hesperos system and the Pirate base when CJ and Lazash (a 2nd Arismal prisoner) made a break for it and space-jumped (before he'd ever developed a flight power). Cairo was re-assigned from a Power Armor unit on the Assaghai to the 1st SOG, for a trip they were making to explore the Chandrakhant system. Upon return to the Fleet, he found that there was tension in the air that tore asunder, but he stuck with Halko and Jill and they gathered up folks who were scattered across the ship. CJ regards Halko as he would a brother, Ryden more like a snide but useful pain in the ass cousin. He likes Niall, and Nova (Rosseyn) well enough. Their areas of expertise do not overlap with his as much, and Niall seems very twitchy about aliens (which won't help if we need their help).

3) Short Term Goals –- Personal or Group goals. Short term = Largely interested in: 1) I am hoping to have CJ pick up a magic weapon, 2) a promotion (he has the most XP in the group :wink: ), 3) having CJ develop 1 or more romantic relationships (I think each of the other characters has had this, and he's been in 4 RL years, so I'd like to expand him a bit).
3rd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Cover-ID: Noran Altec

Current Details
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 247/247
S.D.C.: 1350/1350

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Niall » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:21 am

1) The Coup - The reasoning and circumstances that lead up to the coup, those who were involved, damage report (i.e. loss of ships major officers other than the Admiralty and speculations on the future of A.D.F. (Both short and long-term.)

From my point of view the coup attempt was, frankly, inevitable. The catastrophic losses we've all faced, the run-and-gun nature of the fleet's continued existence, and the sparsity of supplies have left all surviving Arismal with unseen scars and a deep dissatisfaction with the leadership. Of course, things being what they are, the coup attempt was also the worst possible way to cope with the stressors we're living under - the Arismal loss of life during those events is incalculable, in terms of our eventual genetic success or failure. For those willing to spend a bit longer on the observations of the 1st SOG, I have prepared a report.

2) Interpersonal Relationship - Platonic or Romantic, friendship, animosity, etc. (mostly between other A.D.F.) Also please note where/how they first met. (i.e. childhood, boot camp, random encounter, etc.) IF any.

I don't really have any surviving relationships, outside of the 1st SOG. My entire family, my friends, my girlfriend and former girlfriends were all planetside when the aliens destroyed Arismal. Some of the former members of the 1st SOG have transferred to other units, such as Bodean Marrowrath, Nibiru ka Akeno, and others. I still consider them brothers, though I didn't serve long with them before they transferred.

3) Short Term Goals – Personal or Group goals. Short term = by then of the next episode or two. Could be anything from a promotion to a little R-n-R.

My long-term goals are goals I have in mind for the fleet - for our people - as outlined in my report, linked above. My personal long-term goals are to re-establish my family's house and businesses on whatever planet we colonize. If I should survive that long. In the short-term... no plans. Just hopes. I want the fleet to find a planet we can use, somewhere strategically sound with sufficient resources for our people to thrive.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
H.P.: 41/41
S.D.C.: 25/45
Power Touch Points: 850/850
Current Gear: A.D.F. Light Strike Anti-Gravity Suit, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit
A.D.F. Light Strike Anti-Gravity Suit
A.R.: 12
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 50 each
--Legs: 65 each
--Main Body: 100
--Slim-pack: 25

Current Conditions: Unarmored
Constant Conditions:
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Ryden » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:06 pm

1) The Coup - The Coup was the result of two forces being at odds. One was part of the Admiralty that was focused on recovery and moving forward, the other was the other half, including a pair of psychic twins who mindfracked a lot of folks, that was more interested in locating traitors and punishing the Atorians. Any moderating voice, or anyone supporting a move to give more pull to the civilians, or who supported reinstate civilian rule, found themselves on the receiving end of death squads. Too bad they betted on the wrong cyberjacker to secure their systems. Mr. Invincible is probably still a vegetable. Ryden feels a little bad about that, but only a little. Kinda like you feel bad about putting down a duskhound that bit a neighbor thinking that neighbor would hurt you. I mean, in the end, it's just a duskhound, you can replace it.

2) Interpersonal Relationship - Ryden is in an ongoing relationship with a member of second SOG, Corporal Miwa "Cypher" Covell. The two of them were on a date at the cybercafe when the Coup happened. The two of them, both old school gaming nerds, spent the coup running around trying to gain control of the ship's system with the entire RES environment of the ship had been overlaid with an 8-bit fantasy game (think typical JRPG game from the 90s). Miwa is smart enough to keep Ryden happy, hot enough to make him realize what a good thing he has, and clever enough that he'd never consider cheating on her. Also, she's made her way on the 2nd SOG, so she's also a bad ass.

Other relationships: LCDR Nibiru "Speckles" Akeno - Before his injury (and his player leaving the game), Speckles was the OIC of the First In, back when LCDR Tancredi was our handler. Tancredi died in the coup, so someone had to step up, and Speckles was familiar with us. He's no nonsense, but he also knows how to let his operatives have their head and get the job done. Speckles has the dubious honor of being one of the few First Tiers that Ryden considers above the Tier status. No one deserves a command slot better than he does.

CDR Perry, COMMO of ADP, ADFS Dauntless: The tough as nails commander of ADP made an impression on Ryden and he has promised to get her some skin care products while on the mission. She recognizes talent and was both jealous that Ryden wasn't in her command, but recognizes that if he's not there is a need to know reason behind it. She also allowed Ryden to hit up their spare parts and get the parts they needed to make Cairo a Hacking Computer.

3) Short Term Goals – Ryden wants to take Miwa to dinner on Grymdin, then afterwards treat her to nice hotel room, with streaming access to the latest games, as well as a nice night out on the town to drink, game, watch movies, and enjoy all the fruits of their budding relationship. He wants her to see life again. Unlike the 1st, she has been out dealing with everything from body recovery to security in the fleet and most recently hunting food under the noses of the Atorians. Failing that, he wants to give her the best night he can while on ship together.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz

Current Details
HP: 41
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: +4

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Corrigon » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:15 am

Captain Cardea wrote:1) The Coup - The reasoning and circumstances that lead up to the coup, those who were involved, damage report (i.e. loss of ships major officers other than the Admiralty and speculations on the future of A.D.F. (Both short and long-term.)

Corrigon was insulated somewhat from the events of the coup onboard the Profit Margin, though if anything was attempted by the coup there, Corrigon will have been involved in stopping it.

Short term, there will be consequences, a breakdown in some of the trust in the fleet, especially around psychics and a greater despondency and loss of hope.

Captain Cardea wrote:2) Interpersonal Relationship - Platonic or Romantic, friendship, animosity, etc. (mostly between other A.D.F.) Also please note where/how they first met. (i.e. childhood, boot camp, random encounter, etc.) IF any.

Corrigon has been bounced around the fleet, so has not yet built up much relationship with anybody in the fleet. Beating a lot of them at cards doesn't help either.
He does however know the people onboard the Profit Margin, having spent a couple of weeks with them, the longest period other than flight training that he has spent anywhere on the fleet.

Captain Cardea wrote:3) Short Term Goals – Personal or Group goals. Short term = by then of the next episode or two. Could be anything from a promotion to a little R-n-R.

Corrigon wants to get in on the action. He's chomping at the bit. Of course, if he ends up having to use the skills like Law which he hated having to be involved in, then that plays to his character development
Corrigon

Postby Halko » Mon May 28, 2018 12:51 pm

1) The Coup:
This was caused by an angry few that thought they knew what was best for everyone. The attempt to seize control seems to have been orchestrated by CMDR Jakartha along with a handful of other officers and a couple dozen enlisted men. They would have smashed what's left of us to pieces against the Atorian Empire. Losses were thankfully small compared to what they could have been, but in our state any losses are near impossible to replace. I don't think any ships were lost. Thankfully the coup didn't last long enough to start a civil war and ship to ship battles. As far as its effects go, well, there is still a lot of despair in the fleet and well, finding a new home will give people a focus, an objective to build on and not just throwing hate at an Empire that outnumbers up by more times than I care to imagine.

2) Interpersonal Relationship:
Halko has one surviving family member that he knows about. His sister Tessika (she has EE powers). She joined the the ADF and had shipped out just before the planet exploded.
He considers the 1st SOG his family and gets anong pretty well with everyone. He spent a lot of down time hanging out and training with Bodean and was a little closer to him that the others in the squad. But now that Bodean has transferred off, likely to make jarhead babies with his sister/wife, Halko has fallen in with Cairo. He would be the person Halko would go to first for advice or if he had a problem.
Halko's love interest is now a member of the 3rd SOG, Jezebel "Temptress" Faux, 3LT. They met in the early days of the Fleet formation. Bodean stirred up a bar fight in the Crow's Nest and Halko got in her way. After he shrugged off a few hits, they sat down and had a drink together. The next big event was just before the Coup. She contacted him to meet up with him in an out of the way engineering corridor where she warned him about the coup and kissed him as the departed. He saw her next during the fighting in the Hangar Bay where she was injured. After the Coup was stopped he made a trip to medical to talk to her. That was just before the 1st SOG went to Grymdin.

3) Short Term Goals:
ret-con Halko getting some whiskey and cigars on Grymdin, since I forgot about them in the 2 RL years since the above linked medical post was done.
Aside from that, expand on his relationship with Faux (before she disappears to Rifts Earth, as she is Augur's PC in the GIRLS group) and build out his relationship with his sister and teammates.
After that just some cross training and picking up some additional skills. If I pick up any other new powers they will likely just be support types and not big offensive or defensive ones.
Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol

Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Rosseyn » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:52 am

1) The Coup:
Given that we just lost everything, it stands to reason that some folks were going to have a differing opinion about how to survive. Some big guns thought they could muscle their way into power and we stopped them short. A damn shame because those minds and strengths could have been used to secure our future, which is the only thing that matters. But now they're either dead or in the brig. Taught me a healthy distrust for Mind Spooks.

2) Interpersonal Relationship:
The 1st SOG are all that I have left of a family. I was off world on assignment when the big bang happened, but I assume that my aunt and uncle passed in the event. My father was already gone and my mother gave up on me long ago. No siblings. That's where the 1st comes in. I don't lead them because I want to. I lead them to keep my family alive. I never had a brother and now I have a frakton of them. I probably get along best with Ryden. There's always some sort of plan going on in that brain of his. Crash is... a bit of a wimp. Maybe it's because he was a rich boy in his previous life. But he's got a good heart and is handy as hell to have around. Fang's the most excitable of us. I mean, he brought back dino steaks, he's a pretty decent guy. Halko's one of the few that's been around longer than myself and he's a solid brother to have. I met him during my rescue. I was drugged up so I couldn't access my abilities and the 1st came through, rescuing me and giving me a reason to live. I guess that's why this will always be my place.

Love interests? Bring em on. I did say that folks had differing opinions about how to survive, right? Mine involves a nice glass of Whispering Hills Bourbon, a beautiful woman and maybe some nice tunes. But hell, I'd take Twilight Valley Moonshine, Warbird and the squeaking of my bunk.

3) Short Term Goals:
  • Survive
  • Capture or Kill Zed
  • Sleep with
    • That bartender again
    • Scarlet
    • Intake
    • The Valkyries (except Temptress, she's taken)
    • Panic
  • Figure out these new abilities
  • His original mission before being captured: Spy on the Atorians and cripple their operations
2nd Lieutenant Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Current Alias: Aldric Varren
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79

Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol: Range: 200 feet. Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst. Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings, Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (10/15):Eclipse Hallway, Eclipse near Atorian Bot, Hotel, Soniua Mercantile District: Fashion Avenue, Novoo Industrial Sector: The Gateway, Hykri Entertainment District: Social Street, N'Dane Residential Community: Bikirei-Ngui Arcology, New Vesta Agri-Zone: M'Bacia Botanical Gardens, Loading Dock Door to Morgue, Bathroom of Oron Outfitters in Equitable Building, 1000 feet from Compulsion

Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Return to HU2 Galactic: Roll Call (6 players, 2 openings)