Magical Arsenal

Character creation rules, combat rules, PBP rules, GM feedback, and approved Rifter material will be kept here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Magical Arsenal

Postby Augur » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:05 pm

All canonical and custom magic items incorporated into the game will be posted here for potential future use and reference.
Augur
Admin

Re: Magical Arsenal

Postby Augur » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:05 pm

Canonical Magic Items

Undead Hunter Holy Throwing Stars
Legendary Enchanted Holy Shuriken
  • Damage: 1D4+2
  • Range: 120'
Magic Features
  • Eternally Sharp
  • Indestructible
  • Returns to Wielder When Thrown (mentally commanded; costs 1 APM)
  • Purify by Fire
    • Effect: When purify is spoken, the weapon turns into a magical fireball.
    • Damage: 3D6 versus Mortals, x2 versus undead and animated dead.
    • Uses: 6 times per 24 hours

Ring of Deflection
Rare Enchanted Ring
Magic Features
• Confers a +2 to Parry to the Wearer
Source: WB8, p.160

OOC Comments
Code: Select all
[b]Ring of Deflection[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/07/03/20170703083803-5d074e48.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Rare Enchanted Ring[/i]
[u]Magic Features[/u]
• Confers a +2 to Parry to the Wearer
Source: WB8, p.160[/size]

Web Armor
Danzi Enchanted Armor
A.R.: 15.
Bracer S.D.C.: 200 (Requires a Called Shot to target)
• This magical suit of armor consists only of a pair of spider like bracers worn on both arms and covered in runes. In battle, the armor only becomes tangible when it intercepts a blow, at which time the spot where the weapon hits flares blue and ripples outward in a spider-web like shape. The armor can absorb an unlimited amount of physical damage and has an A.R. of 15. Thus, only strike rolls of 16 or higher bypass the Web Armor and strike the individual; all other attacks are absorbed by the magical armor. The only way to destroy the armor is to target the metal bracers/bracelets/wristbands (each has 200 S.D.C. and they are small, difficult targets to strike, requiring a called shot and a deliberate effort to hit them).
Source: WB11, p.220

OOC Comments
[b]Web Armor[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2018/08/29/20180829095809-2a0e665f.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Danzi Enchanted Armor[/i]
A.R.: 15.
Bracer S.D.C.: 200 (Requires a Called Shot to target)
• This magical suit of armor consists only of a pair of spider like bracers worn on both arms and covered in runes. In battle, the armor only becomes tangible when it intercepts a blow, at which time the spot where the weapon hits flares blue and ripples outward in a spider-web like shape. The armor can absorb an unlimited amount of physical damage and has an A.R. of 15. Thus, only strike rolls of 16 or higher bypass the Web Armor and strike the individual; all other attacks are absorbed by the magical armor. The only way to destroy the armor is to target the metal bracers/bracelets/wristbands (each has 200 S.D.C. and they are small, difficult targets to strike, requiring a called shot and a deliberate effort to hit them).
Source: WB11, p.220[/size]

Cloak of Protection
Common Enchanted Armor
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 50
• Impervious to fire
Note: Can only be repaired by magic craftsmen (costs vary, but will always be at least ten times normal armor repair costs)
Source: PFRPG, p.249

OOC Comments
[b]Cloak of Protection[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2018/08/29/20180829085803-4a710931.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Common Enchanted Armor[/i]
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 50
• Impervious to fire
Note: Can only be repaired by magic craftsmen (costs vary, but will always be at least ten times normal armor repair costs)
Source: PFRPG, p.249[/size]

Wand of the Animal
Millennium Tree Wand
  • S.D.C.: 200
  • Effects: Climb at 90%, constant
  • Spell Magic: A total of 5 spells can be cast per 24 hour period
  • Spell strength: 7th level
    • Eyes of the wolf
    • Swim as a fish (superior)
    • Superhuman strength
    • Metamorphosis: animal
  • Contains 30 P.P.E.
  • May be used as a weapon inflicting 1d4 S.D.C. damage (triple damage against vampires)
  • Unless destroyed, regenerates all lost S.D.C. and P.P.E. in 24 hours, if destroyed item disappears
Source: Rifts WB3, p.18

OOC Comments
[b]Wand of the Animal[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2018/08/28/20180828103139-58d1cefb.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Millennium Tree Wand[/i]
[list][*]S.D.C.: 200
[*]Effects: Climb at 90%, constant
[*]Spell Magic: A total of 5 spells can be cast per 24 hour period
[*]Spell strength: 7th level
[list][*]Eyes of the wolf
[*]Swim as a fish (superior)
[*]Superhuman strength
[*]Metamorphosis: animal[/list]
[*]Contains 30 P.P.E.
[*]May be used as a weapon inflicting 1d4 S.D.C. damage (triple damage against vampires)
[*]Unless destroyed, regenerates all lost S.D.C. and P.P.E. in 24 hours, if destroyed item disappears[/list]
Source: Rifts WB3, p.18[/size]

Dagger of Panath
Greater Holy Weapon - Dagger
S.D.C.: 250 (Unusually tough; seldom break — it takes a lot to destroy one of these weapons and the blades rarely dull)
Damage: 4d6
Magic Features
• +3 to strike on a back stab
• Critical strike x3 from behind or an additional x2 to the modifier of an assassin that has a backstab
• Critical strike on a natural 19-20
• Raise the M.A. of the wielder to 24
• Acts as a normal dagger, except when in the hands of an assassin or follower of Panath
• Under all forms of scrutiny, magical and non, the dagger appears as a normal weapon even when in use
Source: Rifter #12, page 36

OOC Comments
[b]Dagger of Panath[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2018/08/28/20180828120951-474130c0.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Greater Holy Weapon - Dagger[/i]
S.D.C.: 250 (Unusually tough; seldom break — it takes a lot to destroy one of these weapons and the blades rarely dull)
Damage: 4d6
[u]Magic Features[/u]
• +3 to strike on a back stab
• Critical strike x3 from behind or an additional x2 to the modifier of an assassin that has a backstab
• Critical strike on a natural 19-20
• Raise the M.A. of the wielder to 24
• Acts as a normal dagger, except when in the hands of an assassin or follower of Panath
• Under all forms of scrutiny, magical and non, the dagger appears as a normal weapon even when in use
Source: Rifter #12, page 36[/size]

Shadow Armor
Legendary Mystical Armor Forged Completely of Shadow
A.R.: 16 (Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness)
S.D.C.: 400 (Armor is indestructible. If S.D.C. is depleted all abilities become inert and it turns into a normal shadow worn by the character, but it is not removable. After 8 hours all S.D.C. regenerates and the armor returns to normal.)
-If touched by good aligned characters they take 4d6 damage straight to Hit Points and their hand passes through the armor. Selfish characters who touch the armor take no damage, but receive a vicious chill and their hands pass through as well.
Magic Features
• +30% to Prowl
• Wearer can see perfectly in total darkness.
• Wearer is completely invisible in darkness. While in darkness, he is impervious to all forms of magical detection.
• Travel through Shadows
• • Wearer has the ability to travel between shadows as if through a magic portal
• • Can travel to any shadow within 2000' radius unimpeded
• • Beyond 2000', the wearer may travel any shadowed location within 15 miles which he is personally familiar with
• • May be used 3 times /day
• Turn into Shadow
• • The wearer can turn himself and everything on his person into a single shadow. (Twisted semblance of the wearer)
• • In this form wearer can perform no actions other than movement.
• • In this form wearer is impervious to everything (from weapons, to magic, to psionics) except sunlight. Sunlight does 4d6 damage directly to Hit Points. Wearers killed in this form become trapped as a shadow forever and the armor vanishes into the plane of shadow.
Curse: None, unless trapped in shadow form as noted above.
History: These rare suits are thought to have been created in the time of thousand magics by powerful evil forces long dead.
Source: Rifter #12, p.36-37

OOC Comments
[b]Shadow Armor[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2018/08/28/20180828114810-b5e95922.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Legendary Mystical Armor Forged Completely of Shadow[/i]
A.R.: 16 (Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness)
S.D.C.: 400 (Armor is indestructible. If S.D.C. is depleted all abilities become inert and it turns into a normal shadow worn by the character, but it is not removable. After 8 hours all S.D.C. regenerates and the armor returns to normal.)
-If touched by good aligned characters they take 4d6 damage straight to Hit Points and their hand passes through the armor.  Selfish characters who touch the armor take no damage, but receive a vicious chill and their hands pass through as well.
[u]Magic Features[/u]
• +30% to Prowl
• Wearer can see perfectly in total darkness.
• Wearer is completely invisible in darkness. While in darkness, he is impervious to all forms of magical detection.
• Travel through Shadows
• • Wearer has the ability to travel between shadows as if through a magic portal
• • Can travel to any shadow within 2000' radius unimpeded
• • Beyond 2000', the wearer may travel any shadowed location within 15 miles which he is personally familiar with
• • May be used 3 times /day
• Turn into Shadow
• • The wearer can turn himself and everything on his person into a single shadow. (Twisted semblance of the wearer)
• • In this form wearer can perform no actions other than movement.
• • In this form wearer is impervious to everything (from weapons, to magic, to psionics) except sunlight. Sunlight does 4d6 damage directly to Hit Points. Wearers killed in this form become trapped as a shadow forever and the armor vanishes into the plane of shadow.
Curse: None, unless trapped in shadow form as noted above.
History: These rare suits are thought to have been created in the time of thousand magics by powerful evil forces long dead.
Source: Rifter #12, p.36-37[/size]

Ironhide Ring
Rare Enchanted Ring
Magic Features
• Confers a Natural A.R. of 10 to the Wearer
Source: WB8, p.160

OOC Comments
[b]Ironhide Ring[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/07/03/20170703083803-5d074e48.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Rare Enchanted Ring[/i]
[u]Magic Features[/u]
• Confers a Natural A.R. of 10 to the Wearer
Source: WB8, p.160[/size]

Gryphon Claw Gloves
Rare Enchanted Gloves
  • Indestructible
  • Retractable Claws [2d6]
  • +1 Initiative, +1 Parry
  • +10% to Climb
Source: PFRPG, p.258

OOC Comments
[b]Gryphon Claw Gloves[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2018/08/28/20180828102500-4d66df1b.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Rare Enchanted Gloves[/i]
[list][*]Indestructible
[*]Retractable Claws [2d6]
[*]+1 Initiative, +1 Parry
[*]+10% to Climb[/list]
Source: PFRPG, p.258[/size]

Millennium Tree Leaf Blanket of Healing
Millennium Tree Item
  • P.P.E.: 5
  • S.D.C.: 25
  • Negates toxins
  • Heals Wounds 2d6 S.D.C. and 2d6 H.P. per hour
  • +30% to save vs coma
  • Camouflage as per spell
  • Restoration; destroys the blanket.
  • Weight 5 pounds
  • Rorn as armor has AR 11 and no encumbrance
Source: WB11, p.66

OOC Comments
[b]Millennium Tree Leaf Blanket of Healing[/b]
[size=85][i]Millennium Tree Item[/i]
[list][*]P.P.E.: 5
[*]S.D.C.: 25
[*]Negates toxins
[*]Heals Wounds 2d6 S.D.C. and 2d6 H.P. per hour
[*]+30% to save vs coma
[*]Camouflage as per spell
[*]Restoration; destroys the blanket.
[*]Weight 5 pounds
[*]Rorn as armor has AR 11 and no encumbrance[/list]
Source: WB11, p.66[/size]

Leather of Iron
Uncommon Enchanted Armor
• A.R.: 15
• S.D.C.: 110
• Modifiers: Appears to be a suit of studded leather armor.
Note: Has a small mark of a griffon claw mystically etched on the right shoulder.
Source: PFRPG, p.249

OOC Comments
[b]Leather of Iron[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/07/03/20170703083948-802d1175.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Uncommon Enchanted Armor[/i]
• A.R.: 15
• S.D.C.: 110
• Modifiers: Appears to be a suit of studded leather armor.
Note: Has a small mark of a griffon claw mystically etched on the right shoulder.
Source: PFRPG, p.249[/size]
Augur
Admin

Postby Augur » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:42 am

Crafted Items

Dimensional Bag
Uncommon Enchanted Satchel
• Effect: Dimensional Pocket (8.0 Years, 30 lbs. Max Weight)
• Weight: 2.0 lbs.
• Modifiers: Ley-Line Crafted
Source: BoM pg.247
Contains

[color=green][u]Dimensional Bag[/u][/color]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2018/08/28/20180828102501-3abff107.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Uncommon Enchanted Satchel[/i]
• Effect: Dimensional Pocket (8.0 Years, 30 lbs. Max Weight)
• Weight: 2.0 lbs.
• Modifiers: Ley-Line Crafted
Source: BoM pg.247
[u]Contains[/u]

• [/size]

Skull of Knowledge
Necromantic Construct
Magical Features
  • Magic spells or abilities can be performed once per 24 hours.
  • All spells equal to 3rd level in potency and duration, non-magical abilities are limited to 30 minutes.
    • See the Invisible
    • See Aura
    • Second Sight
    • Eyes of Thoth
    • Cipher: Count & perform basic mathematical calculations 98%
    • Identify plants and fruit 98%.
    • Translate for one particular language 90%.
Note: Can speak/understand all languages at 90% proficiency. Responds in the language by which it was addressed. Never speaks or does its magic without being addressed with the opening words "O skull of Knowledge, tell me," "what invisible beings you spy," "what words you read," "what of my future can you see," etc.
Source: Necromancy item; BoM p.198

[b]Skull of Knowledge[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2018/08/28/20180828103200-0f3b010b.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Necromantic Construct[/i]
Magical Features
[list][*]Magic spells or abilities can be performed once per 24 hours.
[*]All spells equal to 3rd level in potency and duration, non-magical abilities are limited to 30 minutes.
[list][*]See the Invisible
[*]See Aura
[*]Second Sight
[*]Eyes of Thoth
[*]Cipher: Count & perform basic mathematical calculations 98%
[*]Identify plants and fruit 98%.
[*]Translate for one particular language 90%.[/list][/list]
Note: Can speak/understand all languages at 90% proficiency. Responds in the language by which it was addressed. Never speaks or does its magic without being addressed with the opening words "O skull of Knowledge, tell me," "what invisible beings you spy," "what words you read," "what of my future can you see," etc.
Source: Necromancy item; BoM p.198[/size]

Bone Staff
Necromantic Construct
• Damage: 2D6
Magic Features
  • Double damage to animated corpses, skeletons, crawling hands & mummies, but not to undead or zombies
  • Turn the Dead (equal to a third level spell)
  • Holds vampires at bay as if it were a holy symbol
History: Once wielded by Vladimir Itomas, a powerful necromancer related to the Emperor of the Western Empire.
Source: Necromancy Item; BoM p.196

[b]Bone Staff[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2018/08/28/20180828103656-e539994a.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Necromantic Construct[/i]
• Damage: 2D6
Magic Features
[list][*]Double damage to animated corpses, skeletons, crawling hands & mummies, but not to undead or zombies
[*]Turn the Dead (equal to a third level spell)
[*]Holds vampires at bay as if it were a holy symbol[/list]
History: Once wielded by Vladimir Itomas, a powerful necromancer related to the Emperor of the Western Empire.
Source: Necromancy Item; BoM p.196[/size]

Cloak of Shadows
• +20% to prowl
Description: The wearer is difficult to see in shadows, but even in lighted areas the character moves silently and unobtrusively like a shadow.
Source: PFRPG, p.258

[b]Cloak of Shadows[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/07/03/20170703081442-038577bf.png[/img]
[size=85]• +20% to prowl
Description: The wearer is difficult to see in shadows, but even in lighted areas the character moves silently and unobtrusively like a shadow.
Source: PFRPG, p.258[/size]
Augur
Admin

Postby Augur » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:53 am

Non-Canonical Items

Wolvenar's Arc
Rare Enchanted Long Bow
• Range: 640'
• Damage: 3D6
Magic Features:
• Additional Damage
• Blinding flash: Three times daily, same as a 4th level spell at 5th level spell strength.

OOC Comments
[b]Wolvenar's Arc[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/07/15/20170715093512-0c5532a9.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Rare Enchanted Long Bow[/i]
• Range: 640'
• Damage: 3D6
[u]Magic Features:[/u]
• Additional Damage
• Blinding flash: Three times daily, same as a 4th level spell at 5th level spell strength.[/size]

Stonebiter
Rare Enchanted Throwing Axe
• Damage: 2d4+3
• Range: 80' (Doubled due to F&G roll)
• Returns to Wielder When Thrown: Applicable only to weapons suitable for throwing, including most knives, small axes, hammers, and javelins. The enchanted weapon returns to the thrower immediately after striking the target (mentally commanded); counts as one melee attack!
• Eternally sharp blade: Weapon never dulls and is +3 to damage.

OOC Comments
[b]Stonebiter[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2018/09/01/20180901174423-ecb027a5.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Rare Enchanted Throwing Axe[/i]
• Damage: 2d4+3
• Range: 80' (Doubled due to F&G roll)
• Returns to Wielder When Thrown: Applicable only to weapons suitable for throwing, including most knives, small axes, hammers, and javelins. The enchanted weapon returns to the thrower immediately after striking the target (mentally commanded); counts as one melee attack!
• Eternally sharp blade: Weapon never dulls and is +3 to damage.[/size]

Tower Shield of the Hex
Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Damage: A shield-bash does 3D4 damage
• Indestructible
• Note: received from Clan Chief Runark Goldenbeard 15 years ago (Yr:330) for services rendered in the liberation of Northholme. Made from Yellow Wood and Pale Iron

OOC Comments
[b]Tower Shield of the Hex[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2018/08/29/20180829195521-af3a044f.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield[/i]
• Damage: A shield-bash does 3D4 damage
• Indestructible
• Note: received from Clan Chief Runark Goldenbeard 15 years ago (Yr:330) for services rendered in the liberation of Northholme. Made from [i]Yellow Wood[/i] and [i]Pale Iron[/i][/size]

Gauntlets of Deflection
Rare Enchanted Gauntlets
• S.D.C.: 50 each
• Wearer can cast the spell Deflect up to 3 times per day as though a 5th level mage
• Both gauntlets must be worn to receive the protections imparted

OOC Comments
[b]Gauntlets of Deflection[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2018/05/01/20180501160753-78cc2fd5.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Rare Enchanted Gauntlets[/i]
• S.D.C.: 50 each
• Wearer can cast the spell Deflect up to 3 times per day as though a 5th level mage
• Both gauntlets must be worn to receive the protections imparted[/size]

Ring of Protection from Cold
Uncommon Enchanted Ring
Magic Features
  • Impervious to Cold: 60 minutes; twice daily

OOC Comments
[b]Ring of Protection from Cold[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/07/03/20170703083803-14776b53.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Uncommon Enchanted Ring[/i]
Magic Features
[list][*]Impervious to Cold: 60 minutes; twice daily[/list][/size]

Rock's Axe
Rare Enchanted Battle Axe
S.D.C.: 250
Damage: 4D6+3
Magic Features
• Additional Damage (Already Included Above)
• Eternally sharp blade: Weapon never dulls and is +3 to damage. (Already Included Above)

OOC Comments
[b]Rock's Axe[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/07/15/20170715093508-ecfcb56c.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Rare Enchanted Battle Axe[/i]
S.D.C.: 250
Damage: 4D6+3
[u]Magic Features[/u]
• Additional Damage (Already Included Above)
• Eternally sharp blade: Weapon never dulls and is +3 to damage. (Already Included Above)[/size]

Thunder Club
Rare Enchanted Kobold Spiked Club
• Damage: 5d4+3
• Modifiers: Superb Kobold Craftsmanship:+1 to parry and strike, +3 to damage (included above)
Magic Features
• Demon & Devil Slayer: Does normal damage to all creatures except demons & devils, to which it inflicts double damage.
• Thunderclub: Makes a booming sound on impact like thunder or a small explosion (unnerving in combat)

OOC Comments
[b]Thunder Club[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2018/08/28/20180828103656-5e095ea8.png[/img]
[i]Rare Enchanted Kobold Spiked Club[/i]
[size=85]• Damage: 5d4+3
• Modifiers: Superb Kobold Craftsmanship:+1 to parry and strike, +3 to damage (included above)
[u]Magic Features[/u]
• Demon & Devil Slayer: Does normal damage to all creatures except demons & devils, to which it inflicts double damage.
• Thunderclub: Makes a booming sound on impact like thunder or a small explosion (unnerving in combat)[/size]
Augur
Admin

Return to Fantasy Rules & Source Material