Dedicated OOC Thread

OOC Chat, Dedicated XP, and group catch-all threads are located here along with all character sheets.
DM: Augur (Lloyd)
AGM: Netosa (Tony)
Fire Icon: Temporary thread
Hazard Icon: Game Mechanics Related
Heart Icon: Allied/friendly/known NPCs
I Icon: Information

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Dedicated OOC Thread

Postby Netosa » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:16 am

Augur wrote:Thanks. The rune sword seemed familiar, but I've learned not to trust my memory. Now to the evidence for the ship.

Also listed above.

However this thread appears to have both the ship and the transaction: viewtopic.php?f=843&t=16027
Netosa
Assistant Game Master

Postby Jakkin Longshanks » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:51 am

I saw something about that in the archives too. The Runesword has special affinities for Pirates, yes?
Jakkin Longshanks
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Netosa » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:19 pm

Jakkin Longshanks wrote:I saw something about that in the archives too. The Runesword has special affinities for Pirates, yes?

It has a long dark history of being involved in grand scale slaughter/raiding and/or ruthless piracy in the hands of the worst sorts of pirates from any/all of the pirate factions of the PF world.

Whether the Captain that Predat sold it to was of a sort not to start this cycle going all over again ... remains to be seen.
Netosa
Assistant Game Master

Postby Tyral » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:14 pm

REIMBURSEMENT REQUEST

Tyral was busted down from an Ironhide Ring with an AR of 16 to one with an AR of 10 (the equivalent of 'Soft Leather' armor PFRPG Pg 270).

Tyral acquired his ring by virtue of trading an AR 14 Ring (which he acquired by trading a Ring with an AR of 12 here) and a Dimensional bag [PFRPG PG 209, Value 90,000-500,000 Gold although the Caster seldom gets more than 20% of the value, although Tyral is also because he is 9th Level making Bags with >3yrs worth of life that are typically for sale)
viewtopic.php?p=1353531#p1353531

The current ring has a market value of 40,000 Gold (assuming no markup from being less available in the East) (Western Empire Pg 160)
The ring taken in this 're-adjustment' had a book-value of 250,000 Gold (Western Empire Pg 160)

Request: 210,000 Gold (or give me back my AR 14 Ring + 125,000 the difference between AR14 and AR16 rings per Western Empire Pg 160).

===========

Lost ""Indestructible" Weapon Effect (PFRPG Pg 258, 45-90k) to Tyral's Mologoth-Hide Bag"

This allowed Tyral to have an indestructible custom bag (see here).
Apparently the idea was horrifying.

Request: 45,000 Gold

===========

Tyral also lost 4 of his Environmental Robes

PFRPG Pg 258 had a 2-Man tent valued at 2,000 Gold
Tyral paid 7,500 for the first 2 [http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?p=334123#p334123]
viewtopic.php?p=334118#p334118

Request: 15,000 Gold

===========
Lost 2 Steel Anvil Daggers (1d6+6 Dwarven Knives)
I purchased the first set, but that post seems to be gone.
Sill duplicated and got herself a pair here:
viewtopic.php?p=335323#p335323

Request: 1,040 Gold
===========

Tyral's account @ Werringtons does not have his 30,000 Gold in it.
See: viewtopic.php?p=1352571#p1352571
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Silhouette » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:52 pm

For A/GM's to consider and perhaps anyone else to weigh in(advisory capacity):

A discussion of W.P. Long Bow Proficiency in regards to W.P. Archery Mastery in Palladium Fantasy.

EU House Rules W.P. Archery Mastery:
See: viewtopic.php?p=297543#p297543

Archery mastery provides rounded mastery of bowman skills excluding Crossbows and mechanical bows of the same nature.

Do you think that W.P Archery Mastery would confer W.P. Longbow capability in addition to the generally fact that it confers W.P. Archery by default as well?
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Netosa » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:46 pm

As discussed in hangouts Archery Mastery is equivalent to Longbowman grade proficiency (indeed is the ruleset used by Longbowman via site house rules) and thus should also include skill with the longbow.
Netosa
Assistant Game Master

Postby Ace of Spades » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:33 pm

In PFRPG the longbow skill is restricted to longbowmn and Ranger OCCs. Just pointing that out, so are we overriding that limitation?
Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master

Postby Durak » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:37 pm

it does rather make those two classes a bit pointless if you do
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Ace of Spades » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:37 pm

Hey Netosa, what do you want to do with Predat. I had already included the new HTH skills SNAFU created. How do you want to back those off. I can do it if you send me the link of where those write ups were stored.

Also are we keeping the thieves guild additions that paralleled the black market ones in rifts? Cause those are on Predats sheet too.
Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master

Postby Ace of Spades » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:38 pm

Durak wrote:it does rather make those two classes a bit pointless if you do

Definitely the longbowman
Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master

Postby Netosa » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:47 pm

Augur wrote:Augur's Archery House Rules:

Perspective: W.P. Archery, selected once, is the skill equivalent of a competent bow hunter or ancient Western archer. The horse archers of the Asiatic Steppe, and iconic characters like Green Arrow reflect an in-depth skill mastery, not just competency.

What are the possible modifiers to W.P. Archery?
  • Physical Prowess: Attribute bonuses from a high P.P. do apply to Archery. Ancient weapons act as an extension of one's body, not separate from it like modern weapons.
  • W.P. Modifiers: Bonuses are listed under skill description
  • Shooting Blind: -10 to strike
  • Shooting Wild: -6 to strike
  • Shooting 30% Beyond Normal Range: -5 to strike
  • Target is Moving. -1 to strike, -1 additional per 50 mph beyond 20 mph, and -1 if evasive action is being taken.
  • Target is Behind Cover: Requires Called Shot. impossible if complete cover.

What is changed?
Note: Lose all benefit of bonuses, and reduce rate of fire by half when running, riding, or shooting from a moving vehicle or while otherwise unbalanced.
The above has been removed from the unified skill list; apply standard combat modifiers instead (see quick reference, R:UE p.361) because this is just stupidly inconsistent, even for Palladium.

W.P. Archery (Master)
  • This skill is not applicable to crossbows, and similar weapons of a mechanical nature.
  • Movement modifiers no longer apply.
  • Add 20' to the effective range of the weapon per skill level.
  • Rate of Fire: As per the character's hand-to-hand attacks per melee.
  • +1 to strike at levels 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, and 14.
  • +1 to parry with the bow itself at level 1.
  • +1 to disarm at levels 2, 5, 10, and 15.
  • +1 to initiative for characters with a P.P. of 17 or less, +2 for a P.P. of 18 to 23, +3 for a P.P. of 24 to 30, and +4 for a P.P. of 31+.
  • Critical Strike on natural 19 or 20.
  • This supplants standard Archery W.P. skills and bonuses, it does not stack with them, though bonuses from W.P. Targeting may still apply and stack as normal.

Acquiring W.P. Archery (Master)
  • Must be a Men-at-arms O.C.C.
    For a standard Man-at-arms O.C.C.
  • W.P. Archery (Master) is available for 3 "Other" or "O.C.C. Related" skills (if allowed by the mechanics of the O.C.C.) during character generation.
  • If purchased via EP, this skill costs the EP value of 3 (# EP) Skill Download: New O.C.C. Related Skills.
    For archery-focused R.C.C.s/O.C.C.s
  • W.P. Archery (Master) is available for 2 "Other" or "O.C.C. Related" skills (if allowed by the mechanics of the O.C.C.) during character generation.
  • If purchased via EP, this skill costs the EP value of 2 (# EP) Skill Download: New O.C.C. Related Skills.
    Let me know if you find other examples.
    • Cyber-Horsemen R.C.C.
    • Centaur R.C.C.
    For certain Men-at-arms O.C.C.s.
  • W.P. Archery (Master) is available at no additional cost
    Let me know if you find other examples.
    • This replaces "W.P. Sharpshooting: Bow & Arrow" of the (Rifts) Tattooed Archer O.C.C.
    • This replaces "Superior Bowmanship" of the (PFRPG) Long Bowman O.C.C.
    • This skill is available to the (PFRPG) Ranger O.C.C. in the same manner as the Long Bowman

Note in particular that the Longbowman and Ranger, while receiving preferred access to this Mastery skillset (no additional cost), have their baseline abilities related to Longbow use otherwise replaced by it. This is why I say Archery Mastery 'is' their level of proficiency. It is literally the set of bonuses that they get to use.

This House Rule provides guidelines for others to access it, at the considerable cost of multiple skill selections, as laid out above. For non men-at-arms OCCs to likewise purchase, they must pay the most expensive option (3 skills equivalent) using the "normally non-available skill" EP purchase option. This is not a cheap purchase. As a Diamond Patron I believe that works out to 9 EP for me, if I wanted to purchase it for my own character.

Those are site-wide rules and I see no compelling reason to argue to exempt PF from them at this time.
Netosa
Assistant Game Master

Postby Netosa » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:51 pm

A review has been conducted of the House Ruled training listed in the Dojo thread here:

It is all revoked and disapproved for play. Anyone who has any of this on their sheets needs to remove it as soon as possible. Any money etc. spent on acquiring said training can be part of a reimbursement request with proper citation.
Netosa
Assistant Game Master

Postby Netosa » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:32 pm

I'm approving this (AR 14 Ring, 246k gold marks in an account at Werringtons). The expenditures are valid, though one questions how easily such large sums were come by.

I wouldn't expect like sums to be found very easily in the future, so spend wisely.

Tyral wrote:REIMBURSEMENT REQUEST

Tyral was busted down from an Ironhide Ring with an AR of 16 to one with an AR of 10 (the equivalent of 'Soft Leather' armor PFRPG Pg 270).

Tyral acquired his ring by virtue of trading an AR 14 Ring (which he acquired by trading a Ring with an AR of 12 here) and a Dimensional bag [PFRPG PG 209, Value 90,000-500,000 Gold although the Caster seldom gets more than 20% of the value, although Tyral is also because he is 9th Level making Bags with >3yrs worth of life that are typically for sale)
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 1#p1353531

The current ring has a market value of 40,000 Gold (assuming no markup from being less available in the East) (Western Empire Pg 160)
The ring taken in this 're-adjustment' had a book-value of 250,000 Gold (Western Empire Pg 160)

Request: 210,000 Gold (or give me back my AR 14 Ring + 125,000 the difference between AR14 and AR16 rings per Western Empire Pg 160).

===========

Lost ""Indestructible" Weapon Effect (PFRPG Pg 258, 45-90k) to Tyral's Mologoth-Hide Bag"

This allowed Tyral to have an indestructible custom bag (see here).
Apparently the idea was horrifying.

Request: 45,000 Gold

===========

Tyral also lost 4 of his Environmental Robes

PFRPG Pg 258 had a 2-Man tent valued at 2,000 Gold
Tyral paid 7,500 for the first 2 [http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?p=334123#p334123]
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 18#p334118

Request: 15,000 Gold

===========
Lost 2 Steel Anvil Daggers (1d6+6 Dwarven Knives)
I purchased the first set, but that post seems to be gone.
Sill duplicated and got herself a pair here:
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 23#p335323

Request: 1,040 Gold
===========

Tyral's account @ Werringtons does not have his 30,000 Gold in it.
See: http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 1#p1352571
Netosa
Assistant Game Master

Postby Predat » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:49 pm

Netosa wrote:A review has been conducted of the House Ruled training listed in the Dojo thread here:

It is all revoked and disapproved for play. Anyone who has any of this on their sheets needs to remove it as soon as possible. Any money etc. spent on acquiring said training can be part of a reimbursement request with proper citation.

Okay I removed that and the bonuses from Pre's sheet. The other questions are the following:

Thieves' Guild Member Abilities
Lock and Key Man
Read People
Base Skill to Read People - 65% (+3%)
Friends in Low Places

Red Brigade Benefits
Professional Contacts: 49% (+3%)

Are we keeping those?
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Predat » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:16 pm

Netosa wrote:Note that the Rifter 12 Assassin specialties were removed from approved dimension content, so you will need to remove the Military Assassin modifiers from Predat.

Uhmm WTH? SO you are deleting Predat's character class? What is going on with the delete everything attitude? This class was approved for play way before SNAFU was involved with this Dimension. This character was approved for play years ago. He is a military assassin, trained by the red brigade, basically special forces. It is how his background was put together. The only bonuses I received were a few extra skills and a +1 to strike parry dodge and damage.

Augur gives us a runesword worth upwards of 80 million gold. It was traded for an unarmed ship and 200,000 gold. The gold was used to purchase some mundane weapons (all daggers), one magic spear and a magic set of armor. You took all his mundane purchases that he made which were completely legal by canon in Llorn. And you took two completely legal, not very powerful, magic items (A spear and a set of armor) that he had made in a shop in Llorn. Hell, you even took the ship and completely changed it. The loss of items, whatever, it is just money, The loss of the ship, whatever, I got back a weakened version.
But now you are taking away a seventh level character's character class? Ok, Why? This is starting to feel personal. Notice I am not talking about any of SNAFU's inventions. I don't care that all that is gone, but again, WTH?

BTW, you should probably look at the skill backstab, that is also a Rifter 12 skill that was approved before SNAFU came aboard, that can do a shit ton of damage from Predat. That loss would also not be a big deal, but his class?
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Netosa » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:34 pm

1.) The discussion for the removal of dimension approval for this content happened in this thread, where you could observe and comment if you chose. (You did not.)

Netosa wrote:Assassin Rifter Variants: Remove from EP table, revoke Rifter content approval. The nature/affiliation of a given Assassin should be a matter of roleplaying.

viewtopic.php?p=1355845#p1355845

2.) The change was approved and implemented, as is displayed here.

viewtopic.php?p=293549#p293549

- - -

This does not necessitate you have to change your background in any way. You can still play as a military oriented / in origin assassin. However there will be no mechanical differences of these various types of assassins in play.
Netosa
Assistant Game Master

Postby Netosa » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:11 pm

Predat wrote:
Okay I removed that and the bonuses from Pre's sheet. The other questions are the following:

Thieves' Guild Member Abilities
Lock and Key Man
Read People
Base Skill to Read People - 65% (+3%)
Friends in Low Places

Red Brigade Benefits
Professional Contacts: 49% (+3%)

Are we keeping those?

Red Brigade Training no longer has direct benefits.

Black Market rules/material will need to be adapted as used etc. of course, but I see no reason not to consider those rules universal since it is the only book on such activities published by Pally at this time. However making those rules universal isn't really my call. I'd readily concur with making them approved for use in the dimension.
Netosa
Assistant Game Master

Postby Netosa » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:19 pm

Everyone who still needs their gold from the duke added to their Werringtons account please PM me with what they believe their account balance should be and any applicable citations they have available supporting.
Netosa
Assistant Game Master

Postby Netosa » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:02 pm

Looking over the downtime thread most of you didn’t really adhere to the ‘Activity’ + ‘Time Allocated’ = ‘Desired Outcome’ model as requested. This makes it harder to adjudicate you potential requests and/or to be completely sure what kind of outcome you are seeking.

I encourage you all to revise your requests using this model.

Shopping requests are not likely to take up all of your downtime and can be processed under general requests as long as the group is still in town.
Netosa
Assistant Game Master

Previous

Return to The Guild Registry (9/8)