General Request Tracker

OOC Chat, Dedicated XP, and group catch-all threads are located here along with all character sheets.
DM: Augur (Lloyd)
AGM: Netosa (Tony)
Fire Icon: Temporary thread
Hazard Icon: Game Mechanics Related
Heart Icon: Allied/friendly/known NPCs
I Icon: Information

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

General Request Tracker

Postby Netosa » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:09 pm

This thread is exclusively for the submission of requests that need GM adjudication and any necessary exchanges relating to them. Please no extraneous posting in the thread. Thanks!
Netosa
Assistant Game Master

Re: General Request Tracker

Postby Tyral » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:00 pm

Tyral will seek an extremely well-crafted Dwarven quarterstaff from the Steel Anvil to be enchanted by an Alchemist:

Quarterstaff
Quarterstaff = 30 GP = 100%
Standard Dwarven = +30%
Steel Anvil (Eastern Territories Pg 99, Llorn Weaponsmith who can add +1 to Parry/Strike and +2 to Damage)= 130%*2 = 260% * 30 GP = 78 GP
+4 Parry = +800%
+4 Damage = +800%
Ostensibly this beautifully balanced and crafted weapon would run 1,326 GP (it would be 2d6+6 for Damage, +5 to Parry)
In fact, Tyral would pay 5x as much for it if asked (6,630 GP).

He will then seek to have it enchanted by The Morning Blade (Eastern Territories PG 99)
[*] Indestructible (30,000 GP, PFRPG Pg 249)
[*] Blinding Flash (3x Daily) (4,000 GP, PFRPG Pg 249)
[*] Double Damage to Evil (15,000 GP, Western Empire Pg 157)

Other Mundane Purchases
[12] Silk Shirts (High Quality) - Various Colors -- (PFRPG Pg 272, 15 GP= Standard, HQ = 45 GP(?) ... so 540 Gold)
[1] Boots (High Quality) (PFRPG Pg 272, 15 GP= Standard, HQ = 90 GP(?))
Subtotal for Clothes = 630 GP (?)

[20] Diamond (Superior Cut, 2 Karat) (PFRPG Pg 276, 600GP/Karat= 1200 GP) 20*1200 = 24,000 GP
[20] Emerald (Good Cut, 1 Karat) (PFRPG Pg 276, 120GP/Karat) 20*120 = 2,400 GP
[20] Sapphire (Good Cut, 1 Karat) (PFRPG Pg 276, 90GP/Karat) 20*90 = 1,800 GP
[75] Garnet (Good Cut, 1 Karat) (PFRPG Pg 276, 24GP/Karat) 75*24 = 1,800 GP
Subtotal for Gems = 30,000 GP
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Netosa » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:41 pm

Quarterstaff, Base Price: 30gp

Standard Dwarven: +30%: 9gp
+3(4) Parry = +800%: 240gp
+4(6) Damage = +800%: 240gp

Subtotal: 519gp

Steel Anvil x2 Rate, Adjusted Price: 1,038

Is my math wrong here? If not...

Work of these exacting standards would be hard to come by under most circumstances. However given the length of downtime that is available you could place such an order and have plenty of time for it to be filled.

For a total of 3,500gp Master Standrok will make the staff with solid iron caps and bands, some runic style engraving, and settings for any gemstones you provide.

- - -

Enchantments: Double Damage to Evil is a Western Empire Enchantment that is less available in Llorn. Please describe how you would go about seeking someone capable of acquiring/creating it for you or change to something that is available more freely in the East.

- - -

Clothing: Approved

- - -

Gemstones: I note that Tyral does not have Gemology or the like. Gems are a rather particular sort of item that appraisal and the like is much more applicable to, and you are trying to buy several of particular types/grades etc. Please indicate how you intend to go about the purchases, from what sort of vendors, and the like. Perhaps consider enlisting the aid of someone with the applicable skills for such situations?
Netosa
Assistant Game Master

Postby Tatyana Singh » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:13 pm

Tatyana shopping list:

[2] Silk tunic and pants (High Quality) - Various Colors -- (PFRPG Pg 272 'Silk Shirts', 60 GP= Standard, HQ = 120 GP ?)
[2] Gloves (High Quality) (unable to find in PFRPG)
[2] Knife sheaths (standard Quality) (PFRPG Pg 272, 6 GP = 12GP)
[2] Knife (standard Quality) (PFRPG Pg 268, 10 GP = 20GP)
[1] Pipe (standard Quality) (unable to find in PFRPG)
[1] 4 oz Pipe Tobacco (Gnomish) (PFRPG Pg 274, 32 GP = standard...gnomish = 64GP?)
[1] Tobacco Pouch (standard Quality) (PFRPG Pg 273, 1 GP)

[1] Kiffi/Wolfen Cattle dog (trained) (WE Pg 17, 1000 GP)
[1] Mount

Total = 1217 GP + 3 unknowns
Tatyana Singh

Postby Tyral » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:30 pm

Netosa wrote:Quarterstaff, Base Price: 30gp

The Steel Anvil requires an additional cost percentage, that's how I got to my prior figure.
I can pay based on this figure but do not want to game the system.

Work of these exacting standards would be hard to come by under most circumstances. However given the length of downtime that is available you could place such an order and have plenty of time for it to be filled.

For a total of 3,500gp Master Standrok will make the staff with solid iron caps and bands, some runic style engraving, and settings for any gemstones you provide.

Tyral would gladly pay the 3500, engraving sounds good. He is not looking for iron caps he but would not object to Silver (another 1000? ... It's just more classy :wink: ). He also has a Wizard's Mark spell that he will place on the Staff prior to turning it over to an Alchemist.
Or make it an even 5,000?

- - -

Enchantments: Double Damage to Evil is a Western Empire Enchantment that is less available in Llorn. Please describe how you would go about seeking someone capable of acquiring/creating it for you or change to something that is available more freely in the East.

My 2nd Choice would also be Western (the 1st enchantment might not be available but I thought I would check this one out of curiosity): Surefingers (15,000 GP, Western Empire Pg 157) -- less of a combat impact ... Might be available.

3rd Choice -- +1D6 Damage (PF Main Book, Pg 249, 8,000 GP)

- - -

NEW Request:

Flaming Knife: PFRPG Pg 249, 25,000 GP
[[ Don't laugh, I actually was thinking this thing would essentially be a Campfire/torch @ will ... magic fire ... you can cook over it, can't put it out in the rain (?) :lol: ]]

- - -

Gemstones: I note that Tyral does not have Gemology or the like. Gems are a rather particular sort of item that appraisal and the like is much more applicable to, and you are trying to buy several of particular types/grades etc. Please indicate how you intend to go about the purchases, from what sort of vendors, and the like. Perhaps consider enlisting the aid of someone with the applicable skills for such situations?

Tyral will get a referral from his Sister (who has lived in the City for ~100 years) and/or Grandmaster Melinka for a reputable jeweler
Durak has Gemology and has also agreed OOC to assist in these purchases.
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Silhouette » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:27 pm

I am requesting the acquisition of Chi magic for Silhouette in relation to the Chi Magic Grimoire (lvl 1-8) in the Guild assets and more specifically, the ability for her to cast Chi magic the untranslated(non-spoken) manner and not as the Western mage's traditional method(spoken invocations).

I am providing supporting rules on Chi Magic and justification for Silhouette learning Chi magic in a manner compliant with the rule book.

Chi Magic

The relationship of of PPE/Chi are married closely as western/eastern ideology, respectively. The system is straight forward and only becomes more complex when including Chi Powers, the primary use of Chi, which I will be ignoring due to topically irrelevance. This is a presentation of Chi in relation to the spells and no other uses of Chi at this time.

Learning Chi Magic:
"Chi Magic Spells for Western Mages. There are two ways that Western Mages can attempt to learn Chi Magic. In the first case, they can attempt to master the basics of Chi, usually by engaging in a year-long combined course in the martial arts, meditation, and Feng Shui. The other approach is to attempt to convert Chi Magic spells into spells of "invocation."

For a traditional western-style mage to learn Chi magic, the spell must be translated to spoken invocations OR learn about Feng Shui and Geomancy to cast them as normal and as non-spoken Chi Magic. (It is arguable she has the meditation and martial arts study down in terms of what I presume is a body/mind focus.)

> Learned as a spoken invocation spell: Study necessitates 1d4 months plus 1 month per spell level of study to translate a single spell which includes a results roll for an outcome the same way spell scroll learning might have uncertain results. (Pg 71 and 72 Mystic China).

>Learned as a non-spoken Chi spell: Mystic China entry for Chi magic states that a year-long training in "a course in the martial arts, meditation, and Feng Shui." will facilitate a western mage casting learning and casting Chi magic without having to translate them to spoken incantations.

Mystic China so far does not answer what one-year of study entails mechanically. Two points of inquiry could perhaps answer the Feng Shui requirement:
1) The PF skill Lore: Geomancy and Ley Lines could suffice as knowledge of feng shui and geomancy as geomancy is also noted to be the alternate term for Feng Shui in the Mystic China book.

2) Mystic China has a skill "Feng shi or Geomancy" below in ooc tag seems to fit adequately; would likely require EP a normally unavailable skill.
Feng Shui or Geomancy (Mystic China, pg 12):
(Modified from Ninjas & Superspies) This skill allows the character to evaluate the amount of Chi in any area. Some places will have a large amount of positive Chi, others will have substantial negative Chi. If the area has a natural flow of Chi (between zero and eight points), then the character will be able to measure it exactly. As far as rolling is concerned, it's useful for finding places with exceptionally high or low Chi of either flavor (Positive & negative Chi). Base Skill: 15%+5% per level of experience.
Basics of chi magic:
-All Chi Magic spells use PPE in their casting and some utilize Chi points spent to determine duration, damage, and other effect magnitudes.
-A character's Chi Point maximum are equal to the the Physical Endurance (P.E.) score.
-Chi fully recovers from a full nights 8 hour sleep or 1 hour of meditation.

The spells I would like to acquire in study (pg 71 Mystic China spell list):
(Netosa requested I list what I was wanting at this time.)

Convert Positive Chi to Light (Level 1)
Convert P.P.E. to Chi (Level 1)
Replenish Vajra (level 3)
Mind Walk (Level 6)
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Netosa » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:12 pm

Tyral wrote:
Netosa wrote:Quarterstaff, Base Price: 30gp

The Steel Anvil requires an additional cost percentage, that's how I got to my prior figure.
I can pay based on this figure but do not want to game the system.

Tyral wrote:

Tyral would gladly pay the 3500, engraving sounds good. He is not looking for iron caps he but would not object to Silver (another 1000? ... It's just more classy :wink: ). He also has a Wizard's Mark spell that he will place on the Staff prior to turning it over to an Alchemist.
Or make it an even 5,000?

I included the doubling of total price for the Steel Anvil in my math ... so I am 'fairly' certain I am correct. With a lingering doubt since we had different numbers. Am I missing something?

For silver another 1000 does sound appropriate, and it is certainly doable as the Master Mage requests. No objection at all to the Wizard's Mark.

For your offer of a 5k total you can describe a fancy silver & engraving headpiece to the staff as you prefer. (No stat modifiers)

Once you have your gems you declare how many you want set into the staff and how/where as you prefer.
- - -
Tyral wrote:

My 2nd Choice would also be Western (the 1st enchantment might not be available but I thought I would check this one out of curiosity): Surefingers (15,000 GP, Western Empire Pg 157) -- less of a combat impact ... Might be available.

3rd Choice -- +1D6 Damage (PF Main Book, Pg 249, 8,000 GP)

Alright there is a relevant passage from the core book to cite here.

PF Core, page 249 wrote:Commissioned magic weapons: It is cheapest to buy a ready-made weapon offered for sale rather than commission one (cheaper yet to find, steal or acquire one through gambling or other means). Only about half the alchemists in the world can make magic weapons themselves and the process takes 2D4 months per each magic property/power. The cost is typically 20-40% higher for custom built magic weapons, sometimes higher; rarely lower. Half payment is required at the time the commission is placed and the balance paid upon completion.

The first quality you listed was Indestructible (a choice which I approve of) and so that first selection would have a base construction time of 2d4 months. I'm willing to handwave the die roll and say you can get one quality enchanted during this downtime however further qualities will have to wait until you receive further downtime to have the task performed. Cost for Indestructible increased by 20% for being a custom job on your provided (high quality) staff.
- - -
Tyral wrote:NEW Request:

Flaming Knife: PFRPG Pg 249, 25,000 GP
[[ Don't laugh, I actually was thinking this thing would essentially be a Campfire/torch @ will ... magic fire ... you can cook over it, can't put it out in the rain (?) :lol: ]]

This is a fairly straightforward item that I could see being available right off the shelf as a utility item just as you describe. Approved.

- - -
Tyral wrote:

Tyral will get a referral from his Sister (who has lived in the City for ~100 years) and/or Grandmaster Melinka for a reputable jeweler

Sounds like a plan. Durak please post some skill checks and we'll see how much of Tyral's money you squander! :wink:
Netosa
Assistant Game Master

Postby Netosa » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:30 pm

Tatyana Singh wrote:Tatyana shopping list:

[2] Silk tunic and pants (High Quality) - Various Colors -- (PFRPG Pg 272 'Silk Shirts', 60 GP= Standard, HQ = 120 GP ?) (Concur. - Netosa)
[2] Gloves (High Quality) (unable to find in PFRPG) (20gp/pair - Netosa)
[1] Pipe (standard Quality) (unable to find in PFRPG) (Common wooden variety: 5gp, Fancier with some engraving but still wood: 15gp - Netosa)
[1] 4 oz Pipe Tobacco (Gnomish) (PFRPG Pg 274, 32 GP = standard...gnomish = 64GP?) (Concur. - Netosa)

[1] Kiffi/Wolfen Cattle dog (trained) (WE Pg 17, 1000 GP) (No objection, especially as you appear willing to pay on the higher end of the scale for it. But beware a Wolfen with a traditional Wolfen dog running around may attract less than favorable attention from some quarters in the East.)
[1] Mount (What kind of mount? Citation? - Netosa)

Netosa
Assistant Game Master

Postby Netosa » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:17 pm

Silhouette wrote:I am requesting the acquisition of Chi magic for Silhouette in relation to the Chi Magic Grimoire (lvl 1-8) in the Guild assets and more specifically, the ability for her to cast Chi magic the untranslated(non-spoken) manner and not as the Western mage's traditional method(spoken invocations).

I am providing supporting rules on Chi Magic and justification for Silhouette learning Chi magic in a manner compliant with the rule book.

Chi Magic

The relationship of of PPE/Chi are married closely as western/eastern ideology, respectively. The system is straight forward and only becomes more complex when including Chi Powers, the primary use of Chi, which I will be ignoring due to topically irrelevance. This is a presentation of Chi in relation to the spells and no other uses of Chi at this time.

Learning Chi Magic:
"Chi Magic Spells for Western Mages. There are two ways that Western Mages can attempt to learn Chi Magic. In the first case, they can attempt to master the basics of Chi, usually by engaging in a year-long combined course in the martial arts, meditation, and Feng Shui. The other approach is to attempt to convert Chi Magic spells into spells of "invocation."

For a traditional western-style mage to learn Chi magic, the spell must be translated to spoken invocations OR learn about Feng Shui and Geomancy to cast them as normal and as non-spoken Chi Magic. (It is arguable she has the meditation and martial arts study down in terms of what I presume is a body/mind focus.)

> Learned as a spoken invocation spell: Study necessitates 1d4 months plus 1 month per spell level of study to translate a single spell which includes a results roll for an outcome the same way spell scroll learning might have uncertain results. (Pg 71 and 72 Mystic China).

>Learned as a non-spoken Chi spell: Mystic China entry for Chi magic states that a year-long training in "a course in the martial arts, meditation, and Feng Shui." will facilitate a western mage casting learning and casting Chi magic without having to translate them to spoken incantations.

Mystic China so far does not answer what one-year of study entails mechanically. Two points of inquiry could perhaps answer the Feng Shui requirement:
1) The PF skill Lore: Geomancy and Ley Lines could suffice as knowledge of feng shui and geomancy as geomancy is also noted to be the alternate term for Feng Shui in the Mystic China book.

2) Mystic China has a skill "Feng shi or Geomancy" below in ooc tag seems to fit adequately; would likely require EP a normally unavailable skill.
Feng Shui or Geomancy (Mystic China, pg 12):
(Modified from Ninjas & Superspies) This skill allows the character to evaluate the amount of Chi in any area. Some places will have a large amount of positive Chi, others will have substantial negative Chi. If the area has a natural flow of Chi (between zero and eight points), then the character will be able to measure it exactly. As far as rolling is concerned, it's useful for finding places with exceptionally high or low Chi of either flavor (Positive & negative Chi). Base Skill: 15%+5% per level of experience.
Basics of chi magic:
-All Chi Magic spells use PPE in their casting and some utilize Chi points spent to determine duration, damage, and other effect magnitudes.
-A character's Chi Point maximum are equal to the the Physical Endurance (P.E.) score.
-Chi fully recovers from a full nights 8 hour sleep or 1 hour of meditation.

There is a similar skill listed in Rifts China 2.

Rifts China 2, pg 18 wrote:Lore: Feng Shui (Called Geomancy in the West): This allows the character to evaluate the amount of Chi in any area. Some places will have a large amount of positive Chi, others will have substantial negative Chi. If the area has a natural flow of Chi, between zero and eight points, then the character will be able to measure it exactly. The skill is useful for finding places with exceptionally high or low Chi of either flavor.

Not that there isn't Geomantic knowledge in Western Magic... Or that the entire basis of the Palladium magic system being PPE, which is inner life energy, isn't a direct analog to Chi...

So I find it kind of a struggle to say that the gap between Chi/Eastern Magic and Western Magic/PPE/Incantation Magic is so very vast.

It would seem a reasonable position that such a skill would form a solid foundation for positing a good understanding the Chinese ideas about Chi and Chi-magic. Perhaps, given the associated regimen as described, one would also require the Meditation skill (Rifts China 2, pg 16), Lore: Magic, and HtH: Martial Arts... to arguably syncretize them all as intended.

Whereas this seems a reasonable enough answer to checking that box in a general rules sense, the next question would be whether this knowledge is present in the Palladium Fantasy Dimension, and thus learnable.

Given the presence of Toltanna The Repentant in LoB (page 91), an enchanted Vajra made into a rune weapon, I have at times speculated that perhaps some degree of Mystic China (where the rules for Vajras are found) style magic was intended to cross over into Palladium Fantasy ... at least within the context of the lost magics from ages gone by. Saying that knowledge is in any practical way available now feels like a stretch however.

My thinking is that Chi-Magic, Vajra construction, and the like are in general one of the magics lost to the purges. Which doesn't mean it isn't in theory learnable/discoverable in setting.

I'll have to do some reading on this one to firm up what my final recommendation on this will be.

Silhouette wrote:The spells I would like to acquire in study (pg 71 Mystic China spell list):
(Netosa requested I list what I was wanting at this time.)

Convert Positive Chi to Light (Level 1)
Convert P.P.E. to Chi (Level 1)
Replenish Vajra (level 3)
Mind Walk (Level 6)

I will review these as I do the above.
Netosa
Assistant Game Master

Postby Tyral » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:40 pm

Netosa wrote:... For a total of 3,500gp Master Standrok will make the staff with solid iron caps and bands, some runic style engraving, and settings for any gemstones you provide. ...

For silver another 1000 does sound appropriate, and it is certainly doable as the Master Mage requests. No objection at all to the Wizard's Mark.

For your offer of a 5k total you can describe a fancy silver & engraving headpiece to the staff as you prefer. (No stat modifiers)

Not interested in having any gems set into the staff. Seems a bit too flashy and like it would be begging for thieves to come after it.
5k for Staff with finely engraved silver caps (Tyral will have a series of whimsical, beautifully crafted runes engraved).

- - -
Netosa wrote:Commissioned magic weapons: It is cheapest to buy a ready-made weapon offered for sale rather than commission one (cheaper yet to find, steal or acquire one through gambling or other means). Only about half the alchemists in the world can make magic weapons themselves and the process takes 2D4 months per each magic property/power. The cost is typically 20-40% higher for custom built magic weapons, sometimes higher; rarely lower. Half payment is required at the time the commission is placed and the balance paid upon completion ... The first quality you listed was Indestructible (a choice which I approve of) and so that first selection would have a base construction time of 2d4 months. I'm willing to handwave the die roll and say you can get one quality enchanted during this downtime however further qualities will have to wait until you receive further downtime to have the task performed. Cost for Indestructible increased by 20% for being a custom job on your provided (high quality) staff.

30,000*1.2 = 36,000 GP

- - -
Netosa wrote:Flaming Knife: PFRPG Pg 249, 25,000 GP ... This is a fairly straightforward item that I could see being available right off the shelf as a utility item just as you describe. Approved.

Subtotal:
630 (Clothes)
5,000 (Staff)
36,000 (Enchantment)
25,000 (Flaming Knife)
--------------
66,630 GP

- - -

Netosa wrote:Gemstones: I note that Tyral does not have Gemology or the like. Gems are a rather particular sort of item that appraisal and the like is much more applicable to, and you are trying to buy several of particular types/grades etc. Please indicate how you intend to go about the purchases, from what sort of vendors, and the like. Perhaps consider enlisting the aid of someone with the applicable skills for such situations? ...

Sounds like a plan. Durak please post some skill checks and we'll see how much of Tyral's money you squander! :wink:

Well, his budget for the endeavor is 30,000, so ...
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Durak » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:36 am

Recognise Precious Metals and Stones 61%/ identify fakes 56% 1d100 = 36/1d100 = 60
Recognise Precious Metals and Stones 61%/ identify fakes 56% 1d100 = 37/1d100 = 52
Recognise Precious Metals and Stones 61%/ identify fakes 56% 1d100 = 35/1d100 = 47
Recognise Precious Metals and Stones 61%/ identify fakes 56% 1d100 = 31/1d100 = 56

Dwarf racial ability that works exactly the same as Gemology

Appraise Goods 56% (5%)1d100 = 55
Bartering 51% (+5%) 1d100 = 63

If also needed
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Tatyana Singh » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:12 am

Netosa wrote:
Tatyana Singh wrote:Tatyana shopping list:

[2] Silk tunic and pants (High Quality) - Various Colors -- (PFRPG Pg 272 'Silk Shirts', 60 GP= Standard, HQ = 120 GP ?) (Concur. - Netosa)
[2] Gloves (High Quality) (unable to find in PFRPG) (20gp/pair - Netosa)
[1] Pipe (standard Quality) (unable to find in PFRPG) (Common wooden variety: 5gp, Fancier with some engraving but still wood: 15gp - Netosa) Common wood is fine.
[1] 4 oz Pipe Tobacco (Gnomish) (PFRPG Pg 274, 32 GP = standard...gnomish = 64GP?) (Concur. - Netosa)

[1] Kiffi/Wolfen Cattle dog (trained) (WE Pg 17, 1000 GP) (No objection, especially as you appear willing to pay on the higher end of the scale for it. But beware a Wolfen with a traditional Wolfen dog running around may attract less than favorable attention from some quarters in the East.) Very true, but how many people, humans or otherwise would know that's a Wolfen dogs, they're not that common.
[1] Mount (What kind of mount? Citation? - Netosa) Good question, I don't think there are many mount animals big enough to accommodate a 9 feet plus Wolfen. I was going to use the animal menagerie on the site, but can't find it. I think there a moose type creature that would do the job.

Tatyana Singh

Postby Predat » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:54 pm

Pre is looking for a trained Dragonactyl (Prefers reptiles) from Three Ring Ranch and Bestiary along with a nice saddle. He can't take his Silonar north as the cold will kill him.

He is also looking for a nice high quality axe from the Steel Anvil.
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Return to The Guild Registry (9/8)