Group 2: The Mysteries

Only adventured-related threads are found here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Durak » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:40 am

Rolls carried

Tyral
The Dwarf's question about the Brotherhood having anything that might provide more information draws a shrug, "The only surefire way to know would be to sit down and read everything. I've put in a good 12 hours Master Durak, and the others all seem quite anxious to be on their way. If you would like, I can go look for more. But the demonic runing or tattooing or whatever, it's not normal ... I have one of the few people I can trust working on learning more. The Tristine Chronicles come in in dozens of versions copied and recopied all-damn over ... I believe they have a few sets here, but I might just go mad trying to read multiple sets of a 32 volume treatise that has been copied and -recopied, some of it might just have been made up by an idiot monk with a sense of humor, or it might have been mist-translated or any number of other things ... If we want more information than that though, I believe we will have to wait for my associate to handle that kind of digging while we go tromp through the rain down into the damnable sewers.”
and Kobolds can only see about 40 feet in daylight, but their night vision is even better than that of a Dwarf, right Durak?


Durak harrumphed at that
“Kobolds are not better than Dwarves at anything. They want to be Dwarves, but can’t match up in anyway.” He looked across at Fox, deciding to check if Fox just appeared to be a Kobold, partly with questions and partly by insulting the species to see if he got a reaction, “you’re not a Kobold. Generally I’ve found them to be attempting to outdo any Dwarven accomplishment and you don’t seem to have that issue. Any yearnings to be underground or to make anything?”


Turning back to the mage, he turned the axe on his shoulders slightly to be more comfortable. He nodded to the mage regarding his comment on research.
“Tyral, I didn’t mean that we do the research right at this second. We do have pressing matters to attend to. The sooner we get to the Gearhouse, the sooner we can hopefully deal with this potential breach to the security of the city and then research our enemies properly.” Anyway, I want to see what is down there. Who knows what we could learn.

Brago
The Wolf sets back on his haunches and looks at Silhouette impassively for several long seconds before responding in a gravelly growl, "You make him mad that ... makes me mad. He controls it better ... and Brago is not a dog, or a Boy ..." The canine's voice registers as somewhat offended by the last word (OOC: that's right humans ).


Durak gave a quizzical look at Brago and then the rest of the group.
“So the wolf can talk. Judging by the responses, was I the only one who didn’t know that?”

He crouched down to look at Brago eye to eye, but keeping back as to not be interpreted as a threat.
“I am presuming that you are not just a normal wolf in terms of what you can do?" he asked, wanting to learn more.

Silhouette looks to Durak's as he poses his question before tapping the front of her forehead twice in answer,"I have it here now with mind magic." Sighing as she looks over the map from across the table the changeling adds,"Not the most straight of tunnels that a map might help us find our way. We could easily get turned around..." Going to her bag she digs around until triumphantly producing a silken satchel proffering it toward the dwarf,"Moonbeams!" tugging on the satin-like cords she shows him the illuminated powder explaining,"Trail this behind us and we could leave without a map in in the...dark."#

Pausing her brow furrows and she frowns before sharing her mind,"Oh, the ring's make this of low value now." Unwilling to give up on the powder trail she ponders a solution before asking Durak,"What if we use a colored powder that is bright? Like ground chalk?" Her smile growing she adds, "Yellow chalk would be hard to see with torches by anyone else but we would see it clearly. Make ourselves a trail."


Durak looked at the offered powder and scrunched up his face in thought.
“Potentially useful, but if there are enemies down there, then this would be an invite directly to our position still. Whatever they might throw at us, I can’t imagine that there won’t be some with the ability to see in the dark.” He coughed for a second, the air in the Guild house irritating his throat, “You and I and Tyral each have a way to navigate if need be. Tyral, if you are happy for me to do so, maybe we should amend the map as we go along.”


Zephyr wrote:He pauses and thinks onto Hedge, "I'm not sure Hedge is a leader or a lackey. The forces of evil, as it were, tend to have powerful servants as mere lackies. That said, we should find this Hedge. There were references to a personal office at the gearhouse. Since he is no longer a Brotherhood Member in good standing, that may be our best lead. We can learn only so much from documentation of the past. I am not one to rush a situation gung-ho but everyone is ancy in this little room."


"Well, considering that you have encountered some strange unknown creatures in the past, perhaps his presence would explain some of those." Durak offered the idea, though at the moment it was just supposition.


OOC Comments
sorry, there is quite a lot to go through, so my response shall try and answer everything. If I have missed somebody talking to Durak, please let me know so that I can include a response
HP 32
SDC 46
Cloak of protection AR13 SDC 200

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft, Tongues: Gives the wearer the ability to understand and speak any language at 98%, Truesight: The wearer of this ring sees through magical and psionic illusions, and drug induced hallucinations (half the usual penalties). In addition, the wearer is not hindered by magical or non-magical darkness, and can see the invisible.
+2 to all saving throws

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Tyral » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:32 am

Rolls Carried Forward

Tyral listens to Zephyr's and Durak's responses and briefly considers joking a bit with Durak and answering that 'All Wolves talk, they just dislike facial hair so they do not talk to Dwarves much' but he reconsiders and responds, "Oh he can talk, but he doesn't in public ... If you need a response from him out and about, probably best to keep to Yes or No questions he can now at ... It's a gift not all Familiars have, so no need to shout it publicly ... Besides he's damnably disrespectful, and I do not like having to make excuses for his ill manners .. "

Anyone looking the right direction will see a eye roll of exasperation from the Wolf at this.

"I would prefer we try and avoid altering the map itself, maybe we take a couple minutes and make a copy to alter. That way we can out and undamaged page back later."
Last edited by Tyral on Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Environmental Robe [Grey with Dark Green trim], Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Guild Rings of the Merchant Adventurer [Tongues/Vision Augmentation]
Weapons: Dwarven Quarterstaff [2d6, +2 Parry]

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Fox » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:21 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 3
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 10
JIC: 1d20 = 7
JIC%: 1d100 = 14
Fox admits, "I am a Healer, not a Wizard. My knowledge of Wizard magic lore is pretty limited and is all second of third hand, so I can not be expected to know what someone trained in Wizard Magic knows. It does not seem to be a full transformation, I still see and scent like a Kankoran, not like a Kobold. My hearing is a bit off because I can not move my ears properly and my balance is funny because I do not have a tail and am shorter. I am not sure what kind of effect it is. If you can figure it out better than the priests, then go ahead."
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 28% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 38% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 92/110 | H.P.: 31/31 | S.D.C.: 26/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 38, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Durak » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:48 am

Rolls carried

Tyral wrote:
"Oh he can talk, but he doesn't in public ... If you need a response from him out and about, probably best to keep to Yes or No questions he can now at ... It's a gift not all Familiars have, so no need to shout it publicly ... Besides he's damnably disrespectful, and I do not like having to make excuses for his I'll manners .. "

Anyone looking the right direction will see a eye roll of exasperation from the Wolf at this.


And you have enough of that with SIl Durak mused. If allowed, he strokes Brago's head for a moment.

"I would prefer we try and avoid altering the map itself, maybe we take a couple minutes and make a copy to alter. That way we can out and undamaged page back later."


Durak rummages around inside his apron and produces some parchment. He starts making a copy of the map. "Likely to be me making the alterations, so I might as well make the copy."

Fox wrote:Fox admits, "I am a Healer, not a Wizard. My knowledge of Wizard magic lore is pretty limited and is all second of third hand, so I can not be expected to know what someone trained in Wizard Magic knows. It does not seem to be a full transformation, I still see and scent like a Kankoran, not like a Kobold. My hearing is a bit off because I can not move my ears properly and my balance is funny because I do not have a tail and am shorter. I am not sure what kind of effect it is. If you can figure it out better than the priests, then go ahead."


"Interesting, so it is not just our perception that is changed, but you have been physically altered, but only a superficial level as your eyesight is unaffected." Durak mused, "has a physician taken a look at you? They might be able to tell the extent of the changes better.
HP 32
SDC 46
Cloak of protection AR13 SDC 200

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft, Tongues: Gives the wearer the ability to understand and speak any language at 98%, Truesight: The wearer of this ring sees through magical and psionic illusions, and drug induced hallucinations (half the usual penalties). In addition, the wearer is not hindered by magical or non-magical darkness, and can see the invisible.
+2 to all saving throws

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Erva » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:28 pm

Time and Date: 5:59pm, 4/4/345
Conditions: Storm outside is quieter but still active. Inside unchanged.


Conversations happen as intended...

Through the conversation, the crew can determine that while the magic placed upon Fox is a legitimate curse that changes the Kankoran’s appearance and body. Fox can mull over the idea but his idea of waiting until leaving town seems the best to him so far and beyond the change, nothing seriously determinantal though removing it would return features back to normal and Tyral can determine that a Remove Curse prodecure would solve the Kankoran’s problem.

Tyral successfully pulls the map from the pages and in the time, Durak can trace a secondary map; it is not exact like the map in the book but to an untrained eye it is close enough. He is also able to determine for sure that this Hedge character is a summoner akin to their former companion Vortigern.

Once Zephyr got the word of the elemental force nearby his attention to the conversation at hand diminished as he focused outward to try to determine more about this elemental force. He can sense an elemental somewhere but from within the Brotherhood cannot place its direction or location. Also after Zephyr’s vivid description of the warlock connection, the thought of a warlock controlling the elementals and forcing them to do this is comical at best, not with the way the Great Mulciber reacted about his captor.

After the second map is traced, the loud rasp of knocking is heard on the door that could’ve startled the lot deep in conversation. Approval for entry is not waited for as an elven mage wearing green walks in.
Image
Tyral recognizes the Elf as Aeren Olaren, a mage of similar practice to Tyral in experience and knowledge. ”Tyral and friends, pardon the intrusion. I have been sent by the Keeper, another need has risen for this room. I hope you were able to find what you needed, but I must ask you to relocate.”
"There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. Through knowledge, they gain opinions. Through opinions, they wage wars. Through wars, knowledge dies and ignorance is reborn. Through ignorance, mortals remain the slaves of knowledge, and are masters of nothing."


Player Characters: Echo (Spook Squad)
User avatar
Erva
Game Master
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:43 pm
Location: Realm of the Old Ones

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Zephyr » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:04 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 15+3=18
JiC: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 42
OOC Comments
Intelligence: 1d100 = 5/50%
Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 17/30%
Sense Elemental: 1d100 = 30/70%
See Invisible Elemental: 1d100 = 19/75%


Zephyr spends a good portion of his time attempting to figure out the details of this elemental that is on the horizon before the rasp on the door interrupts his train of thought.

Elf Mage wrote:”Tyral and friends, pardon the intrusion. I have been sent by the Keeper, another need has risen for this room. I hope you were able to find what you needed, but I must ask you to relocate.”


Zephyr's eyes the elf and looks to Tyral before standing and collecting his documents and placing them in his satchel. "Master Magi, thank you for allowing us to use this room for as long as we did, I think we got what we came for." He pauses and looks towards the others, "Unless anyone here needs something else?" Zephyr poses to the group.

He will wait for the group to move out or for the Brotherhood to throw them out however when outside Zephyr don his hood will look up at the sky towards Gale who is watching out for the elemental. Zephyr will take a good hard look at the horizon off towards the sea to see if he can see anything out of the ordinary with this storm. "I say we get to the gear-house before this storm picks back up. If it does, I may be able to calm it however if there is an elemental at work here then my intervention would be dispelled or could even provoke retaliation." Zephyr remarks to the group and will add "Anyone have anything they need before we head over?"

Gale the Air Elemental
Perception: 1d20 = 14
JiC: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 34

Gale will stay above his warlock brother and keep an eye out for anything that may harm him.
Zephyr The Wind Mage
Important Details
P.P.E.: 200/200 | I.S.P.: 47/47| H.P.: 53/53| S.D.C.: 32/32

Conditions: Immediately sense fellow Warlock/Elemental, Sixth Sense (2), Mind Block (4)

Armor: Studded Leather Armor | A.R.: 13 | S.D.C.: 38/38 | Modifiers: -5% mobility penalty
Cloak of Armor (over Studded Leather)| A.R. 14 | S.D.C.: 50/50 | Excellent Mobility, Magical SDC/AR

Weapon: Quaterstaff | Damage: 2d6 | Modifiers: +2 Strike, +1 Initiative, +1 Parry
Light Arbalest | Range: 150' | Damage: 1d6 | RoF: APR | Payload: 1 | Modifiers: None | Quarrel: 24/24+1 bolts


Mount: Bellator the War Horse (See Equipment for Combat Data) | S.D.C.: 45/45 | H.P.: 34/34 | APR: 3

Elemental: Minor Air Elemental [Summoned](See here) | H.P.: 190/190 | S.D.C.: 220/220 | P.P.E.: 300/300
Phantom [None Summoned](See here) | | H.P.: 60/60| S.D.C.: 30/30 | P.P.E.: 100/100 | Duration: 75minutes


"Thinking inside my head"
"Speaking Out Loud." Speaking Eastern
"Speaking Out Loud." Speaking Elven Code: 800080
"Speaking Telepathically as allowed." Code: 0000FF
"Speaking Elemental." Code: 008000
User avatar
Zephyr
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:30 am
Location: Palladium

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Fox » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:55 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 4
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 10
JIC: 1d20 = 10
JIC%: 1d100 = 10

After a bit of discussion, it is determined that Fox is under a curse that cause a superficial physical transformation, not an illusion or a full transformation. Because it is a curse, it can be broken by a remove curse (probably).

Given that knowledge, he still wishes to stop and speak to the Keeper before leaving about working out a trade for his skills as payment for removal of the curse. However, while he will pay in advance, the actual removal should wait until we leave town.

Once he is finished with that, he will be prepared to go with the others.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 28% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 38% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 92/110 | H.P.: 31/31 | S.D.C.: 26/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 38, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Durak » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:21 am

Rolls carried

Erva wrote:”Tyral and friends, pardon the intrusion. I have been sent by the Keeper, another need has risen for this room. I hope you were able to find what you needed, but I must ask you to relocate.”


Durak looked up at the mage as he entered, having just finished copying the map. He rolled up the parchment and placed it inside his apron.

"I'm finished and it looks like we are being kicked out." Durak shrugged, pulling up his hood for the rain, "lets get going shall we?"

Zephyr wrote:He will wait for the group to move out or for the Brotherhood to throw them out however when outside Zephyr don his hood will look up at the sky towards Gale who is watching out for the elemental. Zephyr will take a good hard look at the horizon off towards the sea to see if he can see anything out of the ordinary with this storm. "I say we get to the gear-house before this storm picks back up. If it does, I may be able to calm it however if there is an elemental at work here then my intervention would be dispelled or could even provoke retaliation." Zephyr remarks to the group and will add "Anyone have anything they need before we head over?"


Following Zephyr outside, he looked disgruntled at the rain.

"If we hit the warlock who summoned the elemental causing this, would that help end the storm?" he asked half seriously, half just hating being soaked.
HP 32
SDC 46
Cloak of protection AR13 SDC 200

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft, Tongues: Gives the wearer the ability to understand and speak any language at 98%, Truesight: The wearer of this ring sees through magical and psionic illusions, and drug induced hallucinations (half the usual penalties). In addition, the wearer is not hindered by magical or non-magical darkness, and can see the invisible.
+2 to all saving throws

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Tyral » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:41 am

Perception [+3]: 1d20+3 = 7
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 19
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 92

PPE: 206/213
Bracelet PPE: 120/120
SDC: 43/43
HP: 42/42

Conditions: Nightvision: 60' [30' in unnatural Magic Darkness], Spell Strength of 14, Tongues [constant] & Truesight [Sees through Magical and Psionic illusions, Not Affected by Magical or Non-Magical Darkness, and can See Invisible], Bracelet [½ PPE cost for Spells]

The Wizard nods at the incoming Wizard, and slips the folded up original map into a pocket up his robe-sleeve, **This should keep it dry in a damn deluge ... let's be on our way. No need to tell anyone where we are headed though. If Elias is right and there are members of the Brotherhood we cannot trust, well ... Who first said that discretion is the better part of Valor? ...** He rises from the table, moves to grab his staff from the corner of the room, and proceeds to head for the doorway, "Indeed. The Keeper's been patient, but no need to further stretch the hospitality ... Especially when there's a nice warm bed down the road ..."

Tyral will head out of the Brotherhood with Zephyr and the others, bound for the Gear-House.

Brago
Perception [+1]: 1d20+1 = 15
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 5
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 22

Brago rises from his seat and pads confidently out and down the hallway to the Lobby waiting for the others. Once he's out of the building, Brago sniffs at the air finding it better than the air in the human-box (building), but not as good as the Forest.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Environmental Robe [Grey with Dark Green trim], Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Guild Rings of the Merchant Adventurer [Tongues/Vision Augmentation]
Weapons: Dwarven Quarterstaff [2d6, +2 Parry]

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Zephyr » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:44 pm

Perception: Original post: 1d20 = 15+3=18
JiC: Original post: 1d20 = 1 / Original post: 1d100 = 42
OOC Comments
Intelligence: Original post: 1d100 = 5/50%
Invoke Trust: Original post: 1d100 = 17/30%
Sense Elemental: Original post: 1d100 = 30/70%
See Invisible Elemental: Original post: 1d100 = 19/75%


Durak wrote:"If we hit the warlock who summoned the elemental causing this, would that help end the storm?"


Zephyr shakes his head, "Well, we don't know that it's a warlock controlling the elemental. It could have been summoned by another means, or could be a wild one just wrecking around. That said ..." Zephyr pauses, "I should be able to quell the storm up to a mile around us with ease but the one who controls the storm can reverse my effect." He casts Calm Storm(20) to essentially stall the storm in a 6,000ft radius for 90 minutes. The storm around them should fall unto nothing more than a slight drizzle for the duration.

"That'll keep it quiet til we get to the gearhouse and should give the Llorn docks and security enough time to respond to anything the storm damaged so far." Zephyr remarks.

Gale will also cast Calm Storms if required, but for now will hover above Zephyr as they make their way towards the gear-house.
Zephyr The Wind Mage
Important Details
P.P.E.: 200/200 | I.S.P.: 47/47| H.P.: 53/53| S.D.C.: 32/32

Conditions: Immediately sense fellow Warlock/Elemental, Sixth Sense (2), Mind Block (4)

Armor: Studded Leather Armor | A.R.: 13 | S.D.C.: 38/38 | Modifiers: -5% mobility penalty
Cloak of Armor (over Studded Leather)| A.R. 14 | S.D.C.: 50/50 | Excellent Mobility, Magical SDC/AR

Weapon: Quaterstaff | Damage: 2d6 | Modifiers: +2 Strike, +1 Initiative, +1 Parry
Light Arbalest | Range: 150' | Damage: 1d6 | RoF: APR | Payload: 1 | Modifiers: None | Quarrel: 24/24+1 bolts


Mount: Bellator the War Horse (See Equipment for Combat Data) | S.D.C.: 45/45 | H.P.: 34/34 | APR: 3

Elemental: Minor Air Elemental [Summoned](See here) | H.P.: 190/190 | S.D.C.: 220/220 | P.P.E.: 300/300
Phantom [None Summoned](See here) | | H.P.: 60/60| S.D.C.: 30/30 | P.P.E.: 100/100 | Duration: 75minutes


"Thinking inside my head"
"Speaking Out Loud." Speaking Eastern
"Speaking Out Loud." Speaking Elven Code: 800080
"Speaking Telepathically as allowed." Code: 0000FF
"Speaking Elemental." Code: 008000
User avatar
Zephyr
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:30 am
Location: Palladium

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Tatyana Singh » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:22 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 14
JIC: 1d20 = 20/1d100 = 37


Tatyana continues her milling about the room. (Intelligence [47%]-1d100 = 43, Lore: Undead [62%]-1d100 = 21, Lore: Demons and Monsters [72%]-1d100 = 93) until she feels someone tugging on her arm.

Silhouette wrote:Considering the way the Brotherhood mage's cold shoulder the wolfen and the books Silhouette has on necromancy she ponders if the wolfen is somehow in the same world as herself,"Trained, left to her own devises, and doing her best to make her own way."

Thinking over her questions Silhouette wonder's while regarding the undead hunter before continuing the earlier necromancy discussion with Tatyana. Pulling Tatyana to the side Silhouette asks quietly,"Are, you wanting to study necromancy to recognize it better or..." Pausing the forsaken mage follows with another question,"To learn some of it to fight with it on your side?"


The Wolfen leans down closer to the little humans head, casting her eyes about the room, "Both." she says quietly, "If I can recognize it before I have to fight it, that's an advantage I can use. If I can use some of it to 'fight fire with fire' that's an advantage I want. To be able to ask the dead who or what killed them and gain any other information they have would always be a help."

Erva wrote:...the loud rasp of knocking is heard on the door that could’ve startled the lot deep in conversation. Approval for entry is not waited for as an elven mage wearing green walks in.


Tatyana stands up straight at the sudden interruption a bit annoyed.

Erva wrote:...”Tyral and friends, pardon the intrusion. I have been sent by the Keeper, another need has risen for this room. I hope you were able to find what you needed, but I must ask you to relocate.”


"We'll continue this little discussion later." Tatyana puts in before they all leave. "It's worth finding out what she knows, like me she seems to keep getting the short end of the stick around her for now and like me is more then she appears...I can smell it.",she thinks to herself.

[quote="Tyral"]...He rises from the table, moves to grab his staff from the corner of the room, and proceeds to head for the doorway, "Indeed. The Keeper's been patient, but no need to further stretch the hospitality ... Especially when there's a nice warm bed down the road ..."

The hunter follows the group out and away from the Brotherhood and is mildly disappointed that they are not heading for their beds.
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 31/31
SDC: 53/25
PPE: 108/76
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Durak » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:33 am

Durak

Perception 1d20+4 = 9
JIC 1d20 = 14 1d100 = 58

Zephyr wrote:
Durak wrote:"If we hit the warlock who summoned the elemental causing this, would that help end the storm?"


Zephyr shakes his head, "Well, we don't know that it's a warlock controlling the elemental. It could have been summoned by another means, or could be a wild one just wrecking around. That said ..." Zephyr pauses, "I should be able to quell the storm up to a mile around us with ease but the one who controls the storm can reverse my effect." He casts Calm Storm(20) to essentially stall the storm in a 6,000ft radius for 90 minutes. The storm around them should fall unto nothing more than a slight drizzle for the duration.

"That'll keep it quiet til we get to the gearhouse and should give the Llorn docks and security enough time to respond to anything the storm damaged so far." Zephyr remarks.

Gale will also cast Calm Storms if required, but for now will hover above Zephyr as they make their way towards the gear-house.


“Pity,” Durak snorted, “would be nice to be able to fix the weather just by hitting something for a change. You don’t get this in tunnels, though the risk of drowning is a lot higher in this weather if you are not careful.” As Zephyr calmed the area around them with his spell, Durak wrung some of the water out of his beard and set off towards the Gearhouse, keeping his eyes peeled along the way for trouble.
HP 32
SDC 46
Cloak of protection AR13 SDC 200

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft, Tongues: Gives the wearer the ability to understand and speak any language at 98%, Truesight: The wearer of this ring sees through magical and psionic illusions, and drug induced hallucinations (half the usual penalties). In addition, the wearer is not hindered by magical or non-magical darkness, and can see the invisible.
+2 to all saving throws

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Silhouette » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:24 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 161d100 = 34
Perc: 1d20+2 = 13

Zephyr:
"Unless anyone here needs something else?"

"I say we get to the gear-house before this storm picks back up. If it does, I may be able to calm it however if there is an elemental at work here then my intervention would be dispelled or could even provoke retaliation." Zephyr remarks to the group and will add "Anyone have anything they need before we head over?"


Shrugging helpless toward Zephyr the very long day Silhouette has had without sleep slows her response as her questioning gaze sweeps the rest of the group in way of passing along the question. Furrowing her brow she asks half-halfheartedly,"Not anything else here... I hope. Though a magic potion of sleep would be nice."

Giving an uncomfortable smile she says,"Last night was too...exciting to sleep." She was lucky that she was young and resilient, but the encounter with Vald Tegor pushed her further than youth could compensate. Worry begins to cross her countenance at recalling her exchange with the Death God and his words,"To repent for threatening my children with your blatant disregard of them, you will do me the service of addressing this and you will speak of my presence to no one."

Clearing her throat she tries to look cheery and bright as she answers Zephyr,"Food is at the brewery. Might as well tell the old elf about all.." Sweeping her hand at the room,"This. And what we have found. His oh so rich family line might know something helpful?" Pausing she laughs with a short chirp and smile finding a similarity in her words and how she used to go back to talk with her Tutor for advice after casing a place in this manner.

Shrugging she lets the moment of mirth fall, though thankful for a pleasant recollection of her Tutor to overshadow the Vald Tegor memory as she adds,"Well...we can at least give the gear-house a look and then decide after." Her Tutor on her mind now she easily hears his recriminations if had she learned facts about a place from a source as the group has done and didn't even look into them before coming back to him for advice as she speaks,"Yes, I think the gear-house might be ready for our eyes."

Durak (asking Zephyr a follow up):
"If we hit the warlock who summoned the elemental causing this, would that help end the storm?" he asked half seriously, half just hating being soaked.


Silhouette's head tilts sideways at those words as her head turns to give attention to Zephyr as she asks behind Durak's question,"If you fell in battle?" Looking up as if she could see his elemental of air she queries,"Would Yooooo keep fighting for you or poof back to where he comes from?"

Tyral:
"Indeed. The Keeper's been patient, but no need to further stretch the hospitality ... Especially when there's a nice warm bed down the road ...
"

Eyes growing wide Sil pauses,"What time is it?" Have we been in here all day? It felt like a few hours maybe?" Pausing she recalls Tyral's words as she asks,"Has it been twelve hours? Were you saying we've been in here that long?" Her head goes back on her shoulders as if imitating a turtle,"Wow, I feel so much more tired now..."

Tatyana:
The Wolfen leans down closer to the little humans head, casting her eyes about the room, "Both." she says quietly, "If I can recognize it before I have to fight it, that's an advantage I can use. If I can use some of it to 'fight fire with fire' that's an advantage I want. To be able to ask the dead who or what killed them and gain any other information they have would always be a help."

Humming to herself the changeling mage nods and smiles,"I know a bit... And we last fought a necromancer who he left behind some knowledge. You can read it if you like, just ask when we are resting and we can read them together." Smiling tiredly Silhouette seems to recoup some energy at another showing interest in magic beyond the common.


Durak:
“Pity,” Durak snorted, “would be nice to be able to fix the weather just by hitting something for a change. You don’t get this in tunnels, though the risk of drowning is a lot higher in this weather if you are not careful.” As Zephyr calmed the area around them with his spell, Durak wrung some of the water out of his beard and set off towards the Gearhouse, keeping his eyes peeled along the way for trouble.


"Hmmm..." Spending a moment considering she says offhandedly,"Thought I have a spell that keeps me from drowning."[/b] Smiling she says,"But...just check if the ground is unusually wet or if pools of water. If you are on the beach and the tide goes out it leaves pools of neat creatures to play with. If tunnels fill up you can tell they might again if they have pools."
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 26/140 | I.S.P.: 7/55 | H.P.: 30/30 | S.D.C.:35/37
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see special abilities)
Armor: na | Modifiers: na
Weapon: Lucky-Unlucky dagger in belt sheath; Dwarven daggers x 2 in boots
(Not present)Bow, Short | Range: 380' | Damage: 1d6 | RoF: APR | Quiver: 20/20 Arrows

Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Erva » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:44 pm

Time and Date: 6:30pm, 4/4/345
Conditions: Dusk has officially fallen as the sun sets. The storm is quiet for the travel as a light drizzle but dark clouds and heavy rains can be seen in all directions around Llorn.
The Sea is raging about a mile off the coast.


Conversations happen as intended...

Fox is able to work out a deal with the Keeper that can see revision, where Fox will help serve as a healer in the case of need. The Keeper warns Fox that, while his obligations to his temple and the Archon come first, the obligations to the Brotherhood will not be brushed aside and with this storm, healers may be needed for the lower districts that have less protection. Durak is able to keep an alterable version of the map he traced.

Zephyr is able to successfully calm the storm around a large portion of Llorn, from the Brotherhood of Magic to the Docks is calm however dark and thundering clouds can be seen and heard from all directions and the sea is raging, the waves lapping against each other as time ticks down on the calm until the wind and rain bellows back into Llorn. While they travel, Zephyr's prediction is correct and the group can see a great many guards and responders from the Temple of Light tending to the docks, the markets and the residential areas of Llorn. In the several hours since the storm's appearance, the Sprawl has become near flooded in most sections with people being moved out in carriages and wagons heading towards the Temple of Light for protection. There are marks of the Temple of Light and Dark aiding in the recovery as well.

Image
Moving past the Sprawl and heading a bit more north, the group arrives at the Gear House, the immense structure that operates the Sea Lock and controls the flow of water and traffic into the Grand Canal. From what they know, they are aware that the Gear House has confirm connections to the underground tunnels that exist under Llorn. Several murders have happened over the past year in these tunnels but the killer hasn't been found. The Gear House itself is operated by a contingent of 6 water warlocks and about 30 laborers who assist in gear operation. As the group arrives, they see that the sea lock is open and more water than should be is flowing into the Canal due to the storm. This could potentially cause a problem to the Canal down the way leading to flooding if left unchecked. Though none in the group are members of Llorn's service staff, Tyral knows that in a storm such as this, the lock should be closed as it has been in the past.

When they arrive, they dismount whatever steeds they have and are able to secure them safely in the small stable stand near the Gear House entry way before going to the door. When they arrive, Zephyr knocks on the door only to have it come slightly ajar when he knocks the third time. The interior is dark and dank, the random torches littered through the stone hallways barely shedding enough light for the average person to see through and the sounds of the gears are quiet against the lasping waves that flow through underneath them.
Image

The group sees no signs of the contingent supposedly manning the Gear House however Brago does pick up a recent scent of a human, a very recent scent. Tyral can safely assume it is of the Summoner, but can't be sure just yet. Sensing, and seeing no signs of danger, just a lack of personnel, the group ventures in slowly and follows the scent provided by Brago. They move past the gears and head down a couple flights of wooden stairs, underneath sea level, and are led to a iron door. The scent is strongest here, and opening the door carefully reveals an study, similarly to described in the notes as Icarus Hedge's office. The candles are still lit.
Image

Whacha Do...?
"There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. Through knowledge, they gain opinions. Through opinions, they wage wars. Through wars, knowledge dies and ignorance is reborn. Through ignorance, mortals remain the slaves of knowledge, and are masters of nothing."


Player Characters: Echo (Spook Squad)
User avatar
Erva
Game Master
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:43 pm
Location: Realm of the Old Ones

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Zephyr » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:11 am

Perception: 1d20 = 19+3=22
JiC: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 74
Skill checks
Sense Impurities in the Air: 1d100 = 36/55%
Lore, Magic: 1d100 = 34/55%
Intelligence: 1d100 = 42/50%
Concealment: 1d100 = 25/40%
Surveillance: 1d100 = 85/30%


Silhouette wrote:"Would Yooooo keep fighting for you or poof back to where he comes from?"

Zephyr glances at his elemental companion and offers a smile, "Well, it hasn't been tested with this one as they are all different but I imagine it would kill the one who killed me, or finish the fight, before leaving. I have a good reputation with my kin. The worse the rep, the more likely they just leave. I am the only thing keeping my companion here, but that does not mean that when I release him he poofs away, it is just what happens most of the time since they seem to barely tolerate our world." Zephyr answers.

Zephyr's face softens and he lets out a long sigh while on back of Bellator as he sees the state of the Sprawl. "It seems no one was ready for this storm, more proof to me of its ill-intent.." He glances back to Tyral and the others, "Aid is not our objective, but once we are done at the gear house I would like to see what we, or the guild, can do to help with recovery." Zephyr remarks.

When they reach the Gear House, Zephyr ties down Bellator and does his best to ensure his steed is covered from the weather before knocking on the door to find it open. He looks up at Gale immediately assuming foul play, "Brother, go ahead of us and see what you can find. We are looking for routes to the tunnels below, or any of the contingent that should be here." He requests of his elemental companion before opening the door the full way. When he sees the darkened interior he mutters, "Oh yeah, nice and spooky... where are my kin..." His senses alert to the lack of personnel and the open sea lock and unmoving gears, he ventures in. When Brago goes down the hallway he will follow, trusting Gale to find him.

When they arrive at the office, Zephyr frowns, "This has seen recent activity, but the rest of the Gear-House is empty. Let's take a look around." Zephyr suggests and immediately goes to the desk with lit candles and sifts through the paperwork.

Gale
Perception: 1d20 = 14
JiC: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 82

Gale will become nothing more than a wisp of air, invisible to the naked eye and make its way down the Gear House. It will be looking for tunnel entrances behind walls, places where air can seep through. It will also be looking for the warlocks and any potential threats.
Zephyr The Wind Mage
Important Details
P.P.E.: 200/200 | I.S.P.: 47/47| H.P.: 53/53| S.D.C.: 32/32

Conditions: Immediately sense fellow Warlock/Elemental, Sixth Sense (2), Mind Block (4)

Armor: Studded Leather Armor | A.R.: 13 | S.D.C.: 38/38 | Modifiers: -5% mobility penalty
Cloak of Armor (over Studded Leather)| A.R. 14 | S.D.C.: 50/50 | Excellent Mobility, Magical SDC/AR

Weapon: Quaterstaff | Damage: 2d6 | Modifiers: +2 Strike, +1 Initiative, +1 Parry
Light Arbalest | Range: 150' | Damage: 1d6 | RoF: APR | Payload: 1 | Modifiers: None | Quarrel: 24/24+1 bolts


Mount: Bellator the War Horse (See Equipment for Combat Data) | S.D.C.: 45/45 | H.P.: 34/34 | APR: 3

Elemental: Minor Air Elemental [Summoned](See here) | H.P.: 190/190 | S.D.C.: 220/220 | P.P.E.: 300/300
Phantom [None Summoned](See here) | | H.P.: 60/60| S.D.C.: 30/30 | P.P.E.: 100/100 | Duration: 75minutes


"Thinking inside my head"
"Speaking Out Loud." Speaking Eastern
"Speaking Out Loud." Speaking Elven Code: 800080
"Speaking Telepathically as allowed." Code: 0000FF
"Speaking Elemental." Code: 008000
User avatar
Zephyr
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:30 am
Location: Palladium

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Durak » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:11 am

Perception 1d20+4 = 6
JIC 1d20 = 11 1d100 = 44


Silhouette wrote:"Hmmm..." Spending a moment considering she says offhandedly,"Thought I have a spell that keeps me from drowning."[/b] Smiling she says,"But...just check if the ground is unusually wet or if pools of water. If you are on the beach and the tide goes out it leaves pools of neat creatures to play with. If tunnels fill up you can tell they might again if they have pools."


Durak looked at Sil from beneath his hood; unfortunately for her, she had now raised an interest in a subject Durak knew a lot about.

“Well, it is not that simple and it all depends on a variety of factors; these can include construction of the tunnel, the age of the tunnel, where it is situated, usage, maintenance and even events that have taken place. Certain materials are affected by water in different ways, some wearing down, others absorbing some of the water. A pool of water could be a sign of water passing through, but it might be a sign of poor maintenance or even a lack of heat causing the water ...

Sometimes, the surrounding stone …
Water can also be used to clear the path of a tunnel, depending on what it is made of …”


Unfortunately for Sil, she now had Durak providing an impromptu lecture on tunnel construction all the way to the Gearhouse.
OOC Comments
... is there to denote Durak keeps talking, but rather than bore everyone with him discussing tunnels and masonry


As they arrived at the Gearhouse, Durak finished his impromptu lecture to Sil (and anybody else who might get caught up in it)

"In the end, your idea might work, but I would have to examine the tunnels first," he concluded as they arrived. He enjoyed the chat, though it had probably been less of a conversation and more an outpouring of knowledge from Durak.

Erva wrote:When they arrive, they dismount whatever steeds they have and are able to secure them safely in the small stable stand near the Gear House entry way before going to the door. When they arrive, Zephyr knocks on the door only to have it come slightly ajar when he knocks the third time. The interior is dark and dank, the random torches littered through the stone hallways barely shedding enough light for the average person to see through and the sounds of the gears are quiet against the lasping waves that flow through underneath them.


"Let me check there is nothing untoward here before we move forward." Durak said, moving to the door and checking both it and the area around it for whether the door had been forced open, if anybody had set a trap waiting for them. Maybe somebody is waiting for us. I don't want to give them the satisfaction of catching us easily.

OOC Comments
Pick Locks 61% 1d100 = 27 PASS
Detect Concealment & Traps 51% 1d100 = 30 PASS
Carpentry 46% 1d100 = 76 FAIL

Presumably he finds nothing in terms of traps


Erva wrote:The group sees no signs of the contingent supposedly manning the Gear House however Brago does pick up a recent scent of a human, a very recent scent. Tyral can safely assume it is of the Summoner, but can't be sure just yet. Sensing, and seeing no signs of danger, just a lack of personnel, the group ventures in slowly and follows the scent provided by Brago. They move past the gears and head down a couple flights of wooden stairs, underneath sea level, and are led to a iron door. The scent is strongest here, and opening the door carefully reveals an study, similarly to described in the notes as Icarus Hedge's office. The candles are still lit.


Durak had his axe out and moved quietly down the hallway after Brago, checking as he went in case of anything dangerous that might impede their path. Despite his previous garrulousness, here he was all business, quiet and attentive to his surroundings. Whilst normally he would have liked to have spent some time looking more closely at the Gearhouse, he was focused on the situation at hand.

OOC Comments
Prowl 51% 1d100 = 72FAIL
Pick Locks 61% 1d100 = 51 PASS
Locate Secret Compartments/Doors 66% 1d100 = 73 FAIL
Detect Concealment & Traps 51% 1d100 = 89
FAIL

Zephyr wrote:When they arrive at the office, Zephyr frowns, "This has seen recent activity, but the rest of the Gear-House is empty. Let's take a look around." Zephyr suggests and immediately goes to the desk with lit candles and sifts through the paperwork.


"I'll check the gearhouse itself is operational. Mayhap, there has been sabotage to cause damage to the city if the lock won't close." Durak suggested to the group, "we should probably not be alone at all, but at minimum have at least one other person with us. There may be traps or people ready for an ambush."

He checked around the Gearhouse trying to find the operating mechanism, whilst keeping an eye out for possible entrances to the tunnels and where the contingent here might have gone. If need be, he will pick a lock to a location if he needs to.

OOC Comments
There isn't a skill specifically I can see regarding mechanical devices, so pick locks is for anything delicate and metalworking for anything else. I've posted a few relevant skills that might be applicable depending on what Durak finds
Pick Locks 61% 1d100 = 61PASS
Metalworking (equivalent to Field Armourer) 56% 1d100 = 34 PASS
or General Repair 56% 1d100 = 58 FAIL
Masonry 51% 1d100 = 9PASS
Carpentry 46% 1d100 = 1 PASS
Pick Locks 61% 1d100 = 34 PASS
Locate Secret Compartments/Doors 66% 1d100 = 43 PASS
Detect Concealment & Traps 51% 1d100 = 70 FAIL
HP 32
SDC 46
Cloak of protection AR13 SDC 200

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft, Tongues: Gives the wearer the ability to understand and speak any language at 98%, Truesight: The wearer of this ring sees through magical and psionic illusions, and drug induced hallucinations (half the usual penalties). In addition, the wearer is not hindered by magical or non-magical darkness, and can see the invisible.
+2 to all saving throws

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Tyral » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:38 am

Perception [+3]: 1d20+3 = 8
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 6
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 100

PPE: 206/213
Bracelet PPE: 120/120
SDC: 43/43
HP: 42/42

Conditions: Nightvision: 60' [30' in unnatural Magic Darkness], Spell Strength of 14, Tongues [constant] & Truesight [Sees through Magical and Psionic illusions, Not Affected by Magical or Non-Magical Darkness, and can See Invisible], Bracelet [½ PPE cost for Spells], Sense Magic (120' radius, 16.00 min)

The Wizard listens to the Dwarf and nods along as the fellow explains more on tunnels and the subterranean on the trip through the city, **A knowledgeable little fellow ... ** As they arrive at the gearhouse, he notes the unusual position of the Lock gates Tyral points it out to the others, "In the past, the Lock gates were always closed in the event of storms, but they seem to have been left open here ..."

Durak wrote: "I'll check the gearhouse itself is operational. Mayhap, there has been sabotage to cause damage to the city if the lock won't close." Durak suggested to the group, "we should probably not be alone at all, but at minimum have at least one other person with us. There may be traps or people ready for an ambush."


"An excellent idea. Brago, please follow along with Master Durak in case anyone is waiting for someone to come looking ... Otherwise, please be careful friends, it seems very odd to me that dozens of people would be missing and any Summoner might leave his study unprotected when minions tend to be considered so disposable to them."

Tyral will cast Sense Magic (-2PPE) and begin to search the room, first for anything from his prior crystal-ball-vision of Hedge, then for a journal or notes anything that seems small and personal [for use with the Locate spell so it can be carried].

Research 87%: 1d100 = 64
Lore: Magic: (Gen) 82%: 1d100 = 36
Lore: Magic: Magic Wards, Runes, & Circles 72%: 1d100 = 66
Recognize Enchantment 72%: 1d100 = 36
Research 87%: 1d100 = 20
Cryptography 32%: 1d100 = 40


BRAGO
Perception [+1]: 1d20+1 = 14
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 2
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 20

Conditions: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral (600'), Enhanced Healing, Impervious to Natural Fire, Track by Smell 90%, Prowl 60%

Brago sniffs around for any immediate danger including following the scent source to its endpoint (wall?), then nods over to Tyral and follows the Dwarf.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Environmental Robe [Grey with Dark Green trim], Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Guild Rings of the Merchant Adventurer [Tongues/Vision Augmentation]
Weapons: Dwarven Quarterstaff [2d6, +2 Parry]

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Fox » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:05 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 14
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 20
JIC: 1d20 = 20
JIC%: 1d100 = 87

Fox will need to check in once we are done investigating the gearhouse then, perhaps at that time the Keeper will have an assignment for him.

Fox follows the others, marvelling at the ability of their Warlock to calm the storm...and wondering if indeed the storm may have been summoned upon them.

Once they get inside, he wrinkles his nose and bares his teeth in a snarl, "Something is not right here. There is supposed to be a crew on duty. I agree, we need to stay together at least in pairs...whatever happened here it is likely it will not be friendly to our visit."

He follows Tyrul and tries to keep his oyes open for trouble. Unfortunately, given that this place is very strange to him, he may not know what trouble looks like if he sees it.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 28% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 38% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 92/110 | H.P.: 31/31 | S.D.C.: 26/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 38, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Silhouette » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:28 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 61d100 = 33
Perc: 1d20+3 = 22

Zephyr
:
Zephyr glances at his elemental companion and offers a smile, "Well, it hasn't been tested with this one as they are all different but I imagine it would kill the one who killed me, or finish the fight, before leaving. I have a good reputation with my kin. The worse the rep, the more likely they just leave. I am the only thing keeping my companion here, but that does not mean that when I release him he poofs away, it is just what happens most of the time since they seem to barely tolerate our world." Zephyr answers.


Smiling in reply the changeling mage bobs her head in agreement,"You seem very nice to Yooo." Looking toward where Zephyr glanced she speaks as if talking to the air elemental,"I bet he agrees with me!" Wiping a little of the drizzling rain from her chin she hikes up her cloak around her shoulders giving an approving shake of her head saying,"It is great that you can calm the rain like this even when you say it is another elemental..."

Zephyr:
"Aid is not our objective, but once we are done at the gear house I would like to see what we, or the guild, can do to help with recovery." Zephyr remarks.

Humming to herself as she crinkles her brow and face she asks,"What do you mean? Help sweep the streets?" Skipping lightly behind Zephyr as they enter into the Gear-House the changeling looks around curiously at the stone and torch lighted path agreeing with Zephyr's statement,"Spooooooky."

Zephyr:
"This has seen recent activity, but the rest of the Gear-House is empty. Let's take a look around."


Looking to the steel door enclosing this place and the fact that they've walked down multiple flights of stairs she frowns at the possible barrier as she asks,"Should not a strong door as this be upstairs?" Tapping it with her hand she wonders out loud,"What is in here that is so valuable? The levers to the Gear-House?" Looking to Zephy she asks,"Where are the controls?"

Security Systems -- 32% / 1d100 = 96
Listening and Awareness -- 30% /1d100 = 66

Durak:
“Well, it is not that simple and it all depends on a variety of factors; these can include construction of the tunnel, the age of the tunnel, where it is situated, usage, maintenance and even events that have taken place. Certain materials are affected by water in different ways, some wearing down, others absorbing some of the water. A pool of water could be a sign of water passing through, but it might be a sign of poor maintenance or even a lack of heat causing the water ...
Sometimes, the surrounding stone …
Water can also be used to clear the path of a tunnel, depending on what it is made of …”


Surprisingly Silhouette listens attentively to Durak's lesson nodding periodically as she takes in all that he is providing. She didn't know a lot about subterranean structures or building maintenance so she prances along continuously encouragingly Durak with a smile down to him whenever he looks up.
Finishing his lesson to her Silhouette answers,"I would like to find out if my idea is right too."

Durak:
"I'll check the gea-rhouse itself is operational. Mayhap, there has been sabotage to cause damage to the city if the lock won't close." Durak suggested to the group, "we should probably not be alone at all, but at minimum have at least one other person with us. There may be traps or people ready for an ambush."


Answering Silhouette agree's adding her own words,"You want to stay with T..." Pausing she smiles recalling how the two responded at their meeting,"I'll just come with you Mr. Durak?" Looking to the others she smiles gesturing with her hands coming together as if to say,"Pair up."
Following with one of her Lucky-Unlucky Dagger holding it defensively just in case due the apparent lack of Zephyr's allied warlocks the forsaken mage Silhouette follows Durak to check on the gear house controls.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 26/140 | I.S.P.: 7/55 | H.P.: 30/30 | S.D.C.:35/37
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see special abilities)
Armor: na | Modifiers: na
Weapon: Lucky-Unlucky dagger in belt sheath; Dwarven daggers x 2 in boots
(Not present)Bow, Short | Range: 380' | Damage: 1d6 | RoF: APR | Quiver: 20/20 Arrows

Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Tatyana Singh » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:01 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 5
JIC: 1d20 = 4,1d100 = 79

At the Brotherhood:
Silhouette wrote:Humming to herself the changeling mage nods and smiles,"I know a bit... And we last fought a necromancer who he left behind some knowledge. You can read it if you like, just ask when we are resting and we can read them together." Smiling tiredly Silhouette seems to recoup some energy at another showing interest in magic beyond the common.


Tatyana barely holds herself in check, "This is the closest I've come so far to this knowledge." The Wolfen thinks happily to herself. "I'll find you at the first opportunity." She replies with a smile.

At the Gearhouses:

As three go off in one direction, Tatyana decides to stay with Tyral and Zephyr, knowing that if it comes to it, Fox will be no help in a fight. The Hunter will explore the area, looking for anything (Prowl [50%] 1d100 = 69,Intelligence [47%] 1d100 = 75, Lore: Undead [62%] 1d100 = 95, Lore: Demons and Monsters [72%] 1d100 = 45, Literacy: Elven [62%] 1d100 = 91 that will shed light on the whereabouts of the people that should be there.
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 31/31
SDC: 53/25
PPE: 108/76
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Erva » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:03 pm

Time and Date: 6:45pm, 4/4/345
Conditions: Unchanged, still light out.


Conversations happen as intended...

The elemental disappears down the dimly lit hallway as the group enters the Gearhouse. It doesn't take them long to find the study and when they do, Durak and Silhouette continue on to the inner working of the gearhouse to determine why the Sealock is open with Brago close in tail.
Image
They find the main gear-room with large and small gears stalled in place, as if the sea-water should be turning them but they are locked into position. A nearby window shows an exterior gearset also locked in place against the sea. Both Durak and Silhouette's minds go awry as Silhouette imagines the potential this type of innovation could have in the future and Durak already has a basic blueprint of the gear system that the Sea Gate uses to control the influx of the Canal. Usually, tourists don't see the interior of such buildings and with Llorn having the largest Canal in operation a SeaGate is an important feature. Through his quick pick-up of the gear system, Durak can tell that there is more than one reason the gears aren't shifting. First, Durak identifies the control lever that is locked open, when he tries to close it, he feels incredible resistant near-point to breaking the level. Durak can determine that the issue is from the lower-working gears that operate within the water, and that there isn't anything he can do to fix it from within. Brago follows along sniffing at every which way to find any scent of anyone other than the group but unfortunately is too drown over by the smell of old wet wood and grinding gears.

While Durak goes over the lever and the gears, Silhouette hears a consistent splash*thud*grind from beneath them in the same location Durak suspects is the real issue and she doesn't find any traps in place or security of note within the gear room.

Meanwhile, Zephyr, Tyral, Fox and Tatyana enter the Study and look around. Zephyr is correct in his assertion that it has seen recent activity and goes to the the desk with scattered papers and materials. He is able to locate several runic symbols that the warlock is unfamiliar with. Fox and Tatyana begin looking in other places of the room, Tatyana scouring the bookshelf while Fox sniffs around the otherside of the room. Fox and Tatyana both notice a iron stand of armor kneeling in either corner of the room. Tyral enters after sending off Brago and casts Detect Magic with intent on finding something of note and as the Wizard remarks on the emptiness of the room, the iron armor stands as if to answer Tyral's call to an unguarded room.

Image
Two Iron Suits of Armor wielding a sword stand, their heads touching the ceiling as they stand a almost 2 feet over Tatyana. They make no motion against you but each of their heads look in the north corner of the room near the desk Zephyr is going through, and plain as day everyone in the room can see a circle of glyphs seeming to hum a dark-red coloring. Tyral is immediately reminded of what he scryed, the runic symbols that Hedge stood before. His memory is clouded but being in the physical location is helping greatly, Zephyr also notices that some of the symbols he finds on the papers are marked with the same symbols in the runic circle.
Image

Currently, there is a staring contest between those in the Study. The Iron Golems have not moved and their eyes are fixated on the runic circle as if waiting, one of the golems is dangerously close to the exit and without knowing more, bursting out is probably the last thing anyone wants to do.
Iacarus Hedges' Study
Image

Whacha Do?
"There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. Through knowledge, they gain opinions. Through opinions, they wage wars. Through wars, knowledge dies and ignorance is reborn. Through ignorance, mortals remain the slaves of knowledge, and are masters of nothing."


Player Characters: Echo (Spook Squad)
User avatar
Erva
Game Master
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:43 pm
Location: Realm of the Old Ones

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Fox » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:20 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 10
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 23
JIC: 1d20 = 10
JIC%: 1d100 = 62

Fox would bristle and lay his ears back when the statues start to move, if he were himself. He snarls and narrows his eyes, but it just is not the same. He says to the others, "These things must be meant to guard this place. They are not alive, I feel sure." That feeling is one of the things upsetting im, he is a healer and things that are not alive but still animate bother him.

Fox would prefer to avoid fighting these things, and they have not attacked yet. Perhaps there is a peaceful way to deal with them...though he is not sure what it would be.

He adds thoughtfully, "If they are guards, perhaps they are supposed to let repairmen pass, if we can convince them we are here to help, not harm."
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 28% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 38% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 92/110 | H.P.: 31/31 | S.D.C.: 26/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 38, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Tyral » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:49 pm

Perception [+3]: 1d20+3 = 17
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 11
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 77

PPE: 206/213
Bracelet PPE: 120/120
SDC: 43/43
HP: 42/42

Conditions: Nightvision: 60' [30' in unnatural Magic Darkness], [b]Spell Strength of 15[/b], Tongues [constant] & Truesight [Sees through Magical and Psionic illusions, Not Affected by Magical or Non-Magical Darkness, and can See Invisible], Bracelet [½ PPE cost for Spells], Sense Magic (120' radius, 15.75 min), Decipher Magic (16.00 MIN)

Tyral glances up in time to see the armored suits rise up, weapons in hand, **Curious, some sort of Golems? Doubtful. Hedge is a Summoner ... maybe he's conjured up a couple of haunting entities? ... ** He sets his Staff in the corner whispering an enchantment first to try and discern the nature of the circle and related markings Decipher Magic (-2 PPE, 16.00 MIN) even as he replies to to Fox, "You make rather strong assumptions about reasoning, though anything is possible ... "

Lore: Demons & Monsters 82%: 1d100 = 56
Lore: Magic: (Gen) 82%: 1d100 = 100
Lore: Magic Wards, Runes, & Circles 77%: 1d100 = 77
Recognize Enchantment 72%: 1d100 = 29

If combat breaks out, the Wizard allows Tatyana to take the lead, and will cast Weightlessness [-800lbs] on each before attempting to summon up a Spectral Staff [-15 PPE], **... But whatever damage they can do, it will be less if their inhabited armor lacks substance ... and this seems like a job for that Spectral ... Staff? ... How did? Who ever heard of such a thing??? ... nevermind, if it's an entity, then this should be a good start ... they cannot exactly feel can they? ... so they likely should not realize that the weight of their shells has even been altered ... and weighing less, I should mete out much less lethality ...**

APM: 5
Initiative: 1d20 = 11

1 / Cast Weightlessness on Armor-Thing near Fox (-3 PPE, 60', 16 Melees, Lighten by 800 lbs, if weight is reduced to 0 then Spd & melee damage are reduced by 75%)
2 / Cast Weightlessness on Armor-Thing near Zephyr (-3 PPE, 60', 16 Melees, Lighten by 800 lbs, if weight is reduced to 0 then Spd & melee damage are reduced by 75%)
3-4 / Cast Spectral Staff [8 min, 1d6 to Mortals (bypasses armor) // 1d4*10 to Supernatural Creatures, 1d6*10 to Entities/Ghosts/Entities/Alien Intelligences]
5 / Dodge as needed 1d20+4 = 18

OOC: Will deduct PPE Count once I can figure out what actually gets cast ...

BRAGO
Perception [+1]: 1d20+1 = 11
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 12
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 16

Conditions: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral (600'), Enhanced Healing, Impervious to Natural Fire,

Prowl 60%: 1d100 = 27

Brago sniffs around for any immediate danger.
Last edited by Tyral on Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Environmental Robe [Grey with Dark Green trim], Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Guild Rings of the Merchant Adventurer [Tongues/Vision Augmentation]
Weapons: Dwarven Quarterstaff [2d6, +2 Parry]

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Zephyr » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:13 am

Perception: 1d20 = 17+3=20
JiC: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 68
Skills
Intelligence: 1d100 = 2/50%
Lore, Magic: 1d100 = 83/55%
Recog. Magic Circles, Runes, etc: 1d100 = 23/40%
Recognize Enchantment: 1d100 = 5/35%


An empty study with rummaged paperwork with archaic symbols... always a good sign. Zephyr thinks to himself while sighing. When the Armors rise, but don't attacked, Zephyr is given pause.

Fox wrote:"If they are guards, perhaps they are supposed to let repairmen pass, if we can convince them we are here to help, not harm."


Zephyr shakes his head, "I do not think they are guardians of the Gearhouse... but of this study perhaps." Zephyr remarks, looking to Tyral after his remark he adds, "Master Tyral, these symbols on the wall illuminated when the entities activated. I know little about the ways of invocations and runes of this nature but the way they are looking at the wall seems to suggest they are connected... perhaps waiting?" Zephyr questions, not truly wanting to tangle with two entities of this size and stature in such a closed space.

Zephyr will slowly move about the room, not shying away from the entities as he approaches the symbols on the wall to look at them. If any of his movements spark any reaction from the entities, he will stop and step back. His goal is to try to determine a connection without engaging them. He looks towards the doorway and whispers in elemental, "Brother, I have need of you in the study. Do not attack yet but please be prepared to engage." Zephyr says quietly, hoping his elemental is near enough to respond.

Combat Contingency
If Combat Erupts,
Initiative: 1d20 = 2
APM: 5

Action 1: Activate Protective Field over himself. Provides 150SDC Shield
Action 2: Summon and Order Phantom to Engage one of the Entities to keep it distracted, the one by the wall. -30 PPE
Action 3: Summon Handful of Lightning, creating 3 lightning javelins, throw the first one at the Entity closest to the door. Strike:1d20+5 = 9 | DMG: 6d6+12 = 28
Action 4: Fire #2: Strike:1d20+5 = 14 | DMG: 6d6+12 = 40
Action 5: Fire #3: Strike:1d20+5 = 11 | DMG: 6d6+12 = 36

If Gale Arrives, he will also summon Handfuls of Lightning and fire while intercepting anything headed towards Zephyr.
Zephyr The Wind Mage
Important Details
P.P.E.: 200/200 | I.S.P.: 47/47| H.P.: 53/53| S.D.C.: 32/32

Conditions: Immediately sense fellow Warlock/Elemental, Sixth Sense (2), Mind Block (4)

Armor: Studded Leather Armor | A.R.: 13 | S.D.C.: 38/38 | Modifiers: -5% mobility penalty
Cloak of Armor (over Studded Leather)| A.R. 14 | S.D.C.: 50/50 | Excellent Mobility, Magical SDC/AR

Weapon: Quaterstaff | Damage: 2d6 | Modifiers: +2 Strike, +1 Initiative, +1 Parry
Light Arbalest | Range: 150' | Damage: 1d6 | RoF: APR | Payload: 1 | Modifiers: None | Quarrel: 24/24+1 bolts


Mount: Bellator the War Horse (See Equipment for Combat Data) | S.D.C.: 45/45 | H.P.: 34/34 | APR: 3

Elemental: Minor Air Elemental [Summoned](See here) | H.P.: 190/190 | S.D.C.: 220/220 | P.P.E.: 300/300
Phantom [None Summoned](See here) | | H.P.: 60/60| S.D.C.: 30/30 | P.P.E.: 100/100 | Duration: 75minutes


"Thinking inside my head"
"Speaking Out Loud." Speaking Eastern
"Speaking Out Loud." Speaking Elven Code: 800080
"Speaking Telepathically as allowed." Code: 0000FF
"Speaking Elemental." Code: 008000
User avatar
Zephyr
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:30 am
Location: Palladium

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Durak » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:42 am

Perception 1d20+4 = 10
JIC 1d20 = 14 1d100 = 75

The elemental disappears down the dimly lit hallway as the group enters the Gearhouse. It doesn't take them long to find the study and when they do, Durak and Silhouette continue on to the inner working of the gearhouse to determine why the Sealock is open with Brago close in tail.
Answering Silhouette agree's adding her own words, "You want to stay with T..." Pausing she smiles recalling how the two responded at their meeting, "I'll just come with you Mr. Durak?" Looking to the others she smiles gesturing with her hands coming together as if to say,"Pair up."
Following with one of her Lucky-Unlucky Dagger holding it defensively just in case due the apparent lack of Zephyr's allied warlocks the forsaken mage Silhouette follows Durak to check on the gear house controls.


“The more the merrier,” Durak smiled at the mage, “not sure Brago would be able to help me fix any complex machinery.” As Brago looks at him, Durak wiggled his thumbs, “Only so much you can do without these, unless you can add shapechanging to your list of abilities?” Durak then stopped for a second to consider what he just said, “Can you shapeshift?” he asked, deciding it was best to double check and not just assume.

They find the main gear-room with large and small gears stalled in place, as if the sea-water should be turning them but they are locked into position. A nearby window shows an exterior gearset also locked in place against the sea. Both Durak and Silhouette's minds go awry as Silhouette imagines the potential this type of innovation could have in the future and Durak already has a basic blueprint of the gear system that the Sea Gate uses to control the influx of the Canal. Usually, tourists don't see the interior of such buildings and with Llorn having the largest Canal in operation a SeaGate is an important feature. Through his quick pick-up of the gear system, Durak can tell that there is more than one reason the gears aren't shifting. First, Durak identifies the control lever that is locked open, when he tries to close it, he feels incredible resistant near-point to breaking the level.


“That’s not good,” Durak remarked, figuring that it had been too easy just to pull a lever to fix the problem, “something must be blocking it. If I’m not careful, I’ll break the lever and we don’t want that. As it is, we can’t close the gate, which means the water is going to hit the city and do a lot of damage.”

Looking down at the lever, he gave it a bit of a wiggle just to determine where it connected to the system and what direction to start looking. ‘Where do you connect to?’ he thought as he started to trace the connection from the lever.

Durak can determine that the issue is from the lower-working gears that operate within the water, and that there isn't anything he can do to fix it from within.


“Joy,” Durak sighed, tapping an area of the machinery with the pommel of his axe, “gears seem to be jammed here. Unless I can swim like a fish and breathe underwater, fixing this might be a bit of a problem for me.”


Brago follows along sniffing at every which way to find any scent of anyone other than the group but unfortunately is too drown over by the smell of old wet wood and grinding gears.


As Brago grumbled in annoyance at not being able to find anything, Durak petted him on his back.

“Don’t worry, this place is full of smells. I’m sure you’ll find something, just perhaps not in here. Now presumably your master might be able to help me find a way to fix these gears.” He was not a fan of magic, it always led to trouble in his eyes and there was the traditional inbuilt Dwarven reticence towards magic spells. Occasionally it was necessary though, unless one of the others had some equipment that could help him.

“Sil, Brago, look around. I might need to go into the water to fix this and I’ll probably need some parts and some tools judging by that noise. I’ll also need a way to access the gears below, so there might be a hatch or something to allow entry.” ‘Least I hope there is and they weren’t relying on their magic and elementals to do the work. Somebody either sabotaged the gears or it had been left unmaintained long enough for part of the system to fall into disrepair. Either circumstance was worrying. He started looking around for tools and parts himself as well as any hatch underneath. Hopefully he wouldn't have to go in the water particularly as he didn't swim.

OOC Comments
Masonry 51% 1d100 = 57 Fail
Carpentry 46% 1d100 = 54 Fail
Pick Locks 61% 1d100 = 33 Pass
Locate Secret Compartments/Doors 66% 1d100 = 89 Fail
Detect Concealment & Traps 51% 1d100 = 88 Fail
HP 32
SDC 46
Cloak of protection AR13 SDC 200

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft, Tongues: Gives the wearer the ability to understand and speak any language at 98%, Truesight: The wearer of this ring sees through magical and psionic illusions, and drug induced hallucinations (half the usual penalties). In addition, the wearer is not hindered by magical or non-magical darkness, and can see the invisible.
+2 to all saving throws

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Fox » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:55 am

(Rolls Held over)
Fox nods, "It was speculation, and could be completely off base. I simply am strongly in favor of avoiding fights that are not necessary...especially when those fights involve things not alive but animate."

He has seen enough of people caught in traps and other inanimate threats...as well as those hurt by other creatures. The potential damage of an animated thing which is oblivious to damage to itself is great. He would rather not see he effects in person.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 28% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 38% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 92/110 | H.P.: 31/31 | S.D.C.: 26/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 38, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Silhouette » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:10 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 141d100 = 75
Perc: 1d20+3 = 21

Durak:
“The more the merrier,” Durak smiled at the mage, “not sure Brago would be able to help me fix any complex machinery.” As Brago looks at him, Durak wiggled his thumbs, “Only so much you can do without these, unless you can add shapechanging to your list of abilities?” Durak then stopped for a second to consider what he just said, “Can you shapeshift?” he asked, deciding it was best to double check and not just assume.


Turning her mouth to the side Silhouette looks down at the splashing and thudding noise as she points with her hand,"Something is down there." Looking up the canal she wonders,"Does this pass Elias' manor?" Wincing at the realization she looks to Durak,"Is that a body down there?"

Following beside Durak as he looks at the levers the changeling keeps her eyes up in the wider sense of the scene in case more cultists or worse join the trio's investigation of the mechanism. With Silhouette's back facing Durak, she begins to open her mouth to ask a question as to what they should be looking for when she hears,"...Unless you can add shape-changing to your list of abilities? Can you shapeshift?"

Going rigid she turns around sharply,"No, what do you mean? Why would you think..." Following Durak's gaze and petting of Brago she opens her mouth in realization as the cold blood in her veins thaws all too slowly.

Coughing she steers away from the subject briskly stating,"I can make you with a spell safe to swim under the water."

Durak:
“Sil, Brago, look around. I might need to go into the water to fix this and I’ll probably need some parts and some tools judging by that noise. I’ll also need a way to access the gears below, so there might be a hatch or something to allow entry.”


Looking from side to side she bends her ear away from the water taking a slow walk around the mechanism. Looking from down low to the walls and then the ceiling structures as she looks for ropes, doors, or hinges that might betray the kind of passages Durak wants. Mostly she is looking for points of stress from use like the scuffing of stone through a common passage or chipping from opening and closing.


Listening and Awareness -- 30% / 1d100 = 54
Locate Secret Compartments/Doors -- 42% / 1d100 = 86
Security Systems -- 32% / 1d100 = 42
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 26/140 | I.S.P.: 7/55 | H.P.: 30/30 | S.D.C.:35/37
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see special abilities)
Armor: na | Modifiers: na
Weapon: Lucky-Unlucky dagger in belt sheath; Dwarven daggers x 2 in boots
(Not present)Bow, Short | Range: 380' | Damage: 1d6 | RoF: APR | Quiver: 20/20 Arrows

Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Tatyana Singh » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:08 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 4
JIC: 1d20 = 13/1d100 = 82

The movement of the armor causes Tatyana to take a step back and into a fighting stands, she holds herself from further action but, does emit a deep throated growl. Looking up at the helmet of the thing she thinks to herself, "I would rather not fight that in here, although, I might fair better with it having more restricted movement then me in here."

The Wolfen realizes that the armor is looking at Zephyrs direction. "Zephyr, what did you do? Anyone know what those glyphs are?" She does her best watch the armor in front of her and the glyphs (Intelligence [47]-1d100 = 99) to see if either changes.
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 31/31
SDC: 53/25
PPE: 108/76
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Tyral » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:49 pm

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD

PPE: 206/213
Bracelet PPE: 120/120
SDC: 43/43
HP: 42/42

Conditions: Nightvision: 60' [30' in unnatural Magic Darkness], Spell Strength of 15, Tongues [constant] & Truesight [Sees through Magical and Psionic illusions, Not Affected by Magical or Non-Magical Darkness, and can See Invisible], Bracelet [½ PPE cost for Spells], Sense Magic (120' radius, 15.75 min), Decipher Magic (16.00 MIN)

Zephyr wrote:Zephyr shakes his head, "I do not think they are guardians of the Gearhouse... but of this study perhaps." Zephyr remarks, looking to Tyral after his remark he adds, "Master Tyral, these symbols on the wall illuminated when the entities activated. I know little about the ways of invocations and runes of this nature but the way they are looking at the wall seems to suggest they are connected... perhaps waiting?" Zephyr questions, not truly wanting to tangle with two entities of this size and stature in such a closed space.


"I suspect you are correct Zephyr that they guard this room," replies Tyral as he tries to sort out the circle, "... not sure if they are waiting for us to leave, or for some kind of pass-phrase."

========
BRAGO
ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD

The wolf regards Durak for a moment then shakes his head in the negative at the little 2-legged man-thing's inquiry about shapeshifting.

Durak wrote:As Brago grumbled in annoyance at not being able to find anything, Durak petted him on his back.

OOC Comments
If Brago does not have speech in-bold, he's not speaking. He's not sharing. He's really not a large-pet-dog, and not inclined to speak to others very often. Brago is a an adolescent Northern Timber Wolf, who is larger than most regular wolves this far South ... and although Tyral feeds him from a butcher on occassion, over the last few months of Brago's time ... he's been killing his meals more often than not.


Brago allows the Dwarf to briefly make contact in order to figure out what the fellow is doing, then moves out of arms reach. The Familiar notes a sudden rise in the remote consciousness that is Tyral tucked over in a corner of his mind, but since the Wizard has not summoned or asked that he relay any message he will keep to the task of accompanying the Dwarf and the girl-that-annoys-Tyral.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Environmental Robe [Grey with Dark Green trim], Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Guild Rings of the Merchant Adventurer [Tongues/Vision Augmentation]
Weapons: Dwarven Quarterstaff [2d6, +2 Parry]

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Erva » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:46 pm

Time and Date: 6:50pm, 4/4/345
Conditions: Unchanged, still light out.


Staring Contest in the Study...
Rightly so, no one attacks immediately and everyone takes a moment to examine the situation carefully. Tyral is able to move closer to the desk, slowly, without causing any motion from the guardians and can confirm Zephyr's initial thoughts that the runes are connected. The wizard is completely befuddled with this type of magic, but knows that nearly all magic was lost during the Chaos Wars and only remnants of the old ways remain.

With that, Tyral and Zephyr are able to make sense of a few things; first, the runes listed are old as in, Old Ones era old and look to be simpler forms of wards and runes used now, perhaps an original form; it would take Tyral his golden years to translate and understand from scratch. Tyral can cast Decipher Magic and, while it doesn't tell him what the symbols mean, he can see it is a some type of magical combination lock. Zephyr can, with that knowledge, determine that the guardians in the room are meant to remove those who do not know the proper code. Through rummaging on the desk, Tyral makes the connection to his scry back in the Brotherhood and the symbols match, albeit in pure form and not as faded as his scry was. Something Tyral can also determine is that these are in fact true Iron Golems, which means Hedge was not alone and that summoners are not the only things in operation; to what extent he cannot tell.

After several minutes of examining the runes and the desk, the golems shift their swords as if preparing to do something (HF18 Check), though they do not attack, everyone can safely know that there is a time limit to this combination lock. Judging by their actions, Zephyr can intelligently guess that the group has maybe five more minutes to try and figure this out before they engage; Zephyr's elemental also appears as a wisp, leaking through the wall with the runes on it. The Golem's eyes follow the Elemental as it speaks to Zephyr, "There is activity in the tunnels below." It states, and hovers above Zephyr prepared to engage.

Tyral can remember from his scry that this is the pentagram he thought he saw and he does remember the order of the first seven symbols but not the last three. Tatyana stands ready to engage the nearest golem and Fox steps away, not desiring an entanglement with these things.

Unshifting the stopped gearhouse gears...
Durak and Silhouette run into a dead end on trying to figure out what exactly is wrong with the gears, though Durak is able to safely unlock a room that he can guess is a maintenance access room with a ladder going up and down. Brago doesn't smell any immediate danger though the wolf does smell a certain aroma of decay combined with the smell of salt and wood. When Silhouette mentions a possible body below in the water, it clicks with the smell Brago senses and the sounds of the waves lapsing against a thud. The trio can determine that there is a good chance at least one of the workers formerly charged with securing this gate is the reason it is locked. Though, there is still no evidence of a fight, no evidence of foul play.

With the ladder going down nearby, Durak, knowing a fair bit of mechanics, can determine that he wouldn't need to go underwater to far but may need to wad through it to get to the caught gear.
"There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. Through knowledge, they gain opinions. Through opinions, they wage wars. Through wars, knowledge dies and ignorance is reborn. Through ignorance, mortals remain the slaves of knowledge, and are masters of nothing."


Player Characters: Echo (Spook Squad)
User avatar
Erva
Game Master
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:43 pm
Location: Realm of the Old Ones

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Zephyr » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:08 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 13+3=16
JiC: 1d20 = 5/1d100 = 59
OOC Comments
Intelligence: 1d100 = 28/50%
Lore, Magic: 1d100 = 1/55% (CRIT)
Recog. Magic Circles, Runes, Etc: 1d100 = 85/40%
Recognize Enchantment: 1d100 = 60/35%

Surveillance: 1d100 = 100/30%(CRIT FAIL)
Save vs. HF: 1d20 = 13+2=15


Gale wrote:"There is activity in the tunnels below."


"Thank you brother, stand ready." Zephyr states and then curses under his breathe before quietly telling everyone else about the activity below, "Gale informed me of movement below, it would be best if we could avoid combat lest they find out we are here if they do not know already." He states and turns to Tyral, "Master Tyral, do you think this is within your scope?" Zephyr asks, regarding the runic circle on the wall, he will hold up any papers he finds relevant to the wizard in hopes of providing assistance. "I am prepared for it not being that easy." He adds, implying he is ready to glass-cannon them with lightning if need be.

He will quietly motion the others to stand far-back from the golems in-case they decide to attack.

Combat Continigency
Operating under Sixth Sense
Initiative: 1d20+6 = 13

Action 1: Activate Protective Field over himself. Provides 150SDC Shield
Action 2: Summon and Order Phantom to Engage the entity he is targeting, Gale to attack the other one. -30 PPE
Action 3: Summon Handful of Lightning, creating 3 lightning javelins, throw the first one at the Entity closest to the door. Strike: 1d20+5 = 12| DMG: 6d6+12 = 34
Action 4: Fire #2: 1d20+5 = 9| DMG: 6d6+12 = 30
Action 5: Fire #3: 1d20+5 = 18| DMG: 6d6+12 = 35


Gale
Perception: 1d20 = 6
JiC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 97
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 19

Gale will attack if combat initiates, otherwise he will hover above Zephyr.

Spell 1: Summon Handful of Lightning, creating 3 lightning javelins, throw the first one at the Entity closest to the door. Strike: 1d20+5 = 16| DMG: 6d6+12 = 28
Spell 2: Fire #2: 1d20+5 = 14| DMG: 6d6+12 = 29
Zephyr The Wind Mage
Important Details
P.P.E.: 200/200 | I.S.P.: 47/47| H.P.: 53/53| S.D.C.: 32/32

Conditions: Immediately sense fellow Warlock/Elemental, Sixth Sense (2), Mind Block (4)

Armor: Studded Leather Armor | A.R.: 13 | S.D.C.: 38/38 | Modifiers: -5% mobility penalty
Cloak of Armor (over Studded Leather)| A.R. 14 | S.D.C.: 50/50 | Excellent Mobility, Magical SDC/AR

Weapon: Quaterstaff | Damage: 2d6 | Modifiers: +2 Strike, +1 Initiative, +1 Parry
Light Arbalest | Range: 150' | Damage: 1d6 | RoF: APR | Payload: 1 | Modifiers: None | Quarrel: 24/24+1 bolts


Mount: Bellator the War Horse (See Equipment for Combat Data) | S.D.C.: 45/45 | H.P.: 34/34 | APR: 3

Elemental: Minor Air Elemental [Summoned](See here) | H.P.: 190/190 | S.D.C.: 220/220 | P.P.E.: 300/300
Phantom [None Summoned](See here) | | H.P.: 60/60| S.D.C.: 30/30 | P.P.E.: 100/100 | Duration: 75minutes


"Thinking inside my head"
"Speaking Out Loud." Speaking Eastern
"Speaking Out Loud." Speaking Elven Code: 800080
"Speaking Telepathically as allowed." Code: 0000FF
"Speaking Elemental." Code: 008000
User avatar
Zephyr
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:30 am
Location: Palladium

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Durak » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:19 am

Perception 1d20+4 = 8
JIC 1d20 = 4 1d100 = 73

Turning her mouth to the side Silhouette looks down at the splashing and thudding noise as she points with her hand,"Something is down there." Looking up the canal she wonders,"Does this pass Elias' manor?" Wincing at the realization she looks to Durak,"Is that a body down there?"



"A body?" Durak exclaimed, "oh joy. That would certainly explain what is blocking the gears. If it is just that, then I can probably fix that fairly quickly,” Durak showed a slight lack of concern about a dead person. In his head, he was focusing on the task at hand, but it might come across as slightly callous. “Though there may be more bodies and potentially whatever killed it in there as well.” He surmised, readying his axe again and looking around, in case of trouble.

Sil
Following beside Durak as he looks at the levers the changeling keeps her eyes up in the wider sense of the scene in case more cultists or worse join the trio's investigation of the mechanism. With Silhouette's back facing Durak, she begins to open her mouth to ask a question as to what they should be looking for when she hears,"...Unless you can add shape-changing to your list of abilities? Can you shapeshift?"

Going rigid she turns around sharply,"No, what do you mean? Why would you think..." Following Durak's gaze and petting of Brago she opens her mouth in realization as the cold blood in her veins thaws all too slowly.


Tyral/Brago
The wolf regards Durak for a moment then shakes his head in the negative at the little 2-legged man-thing's inquiry about shapeshifting.


Thankfully Durak does not notice her reaction (ooc Durak’s perception roll was only a ten so he won’t likely have caught that), but as she spoke, he turned to look at her as her face managed to turn back to normal. He smiled at her and pointed at Brago, who had wandered off at this point.
“I was talking about Brago here. He’s a magical wolf. For all I know, he might have been able to.”

Sil
Coughing she steers away from the subject briskly stating, "I can make you with a spell safe to swim under the water."


“Excellent,” Durak clapped his hands, “will it make me able to swim as well? I’m a Dwarf, we like the ground beneath our feet.” He looked a little perturbed at the idea going into water. He couldn't swim, so if he was washed away in this weather, he wasn't going to last long. “Of course, it won’t matter unless we are able to find a way inside the machinery to affect a repair.”
He kept worrying that he would not be alone down. It might be a person stuck in there, it might only be an animal that had somehow gotten inside.

Durak and Silhouette run into a dead end on trying to figure out what exactly is wrong with the gears, though Durak is able to safely unlock a room that he can guess is a maintenance access room with a ladder going up and down. Brago doesn't smell any immediate danger though the wolf does smell a certain aroma of decay combined with the smell of salt and wood. When Silhouette mentions a possible body below in the water, it clicks with the smell Brago senses and the sounds of the waves lapsing against a thud. The trio can determine that there is a good chance at least one of the workers formerly charged with securing this gate is the reason it is locked. Though, there is still no evidence of a fight, no evidence of foul play.
With the ladder going down nearby, Durak, knowing a fair bit of mechanics, can determine that he wouldn't need to go underwater to far but may need to wade through it to get to the caught gear.



“Wish me luck,” Durak grimaced, putting away his lockpicks back into his leather work apron, having opened the hatch and sealing them shut. He wasn’t wild about wading into the water; it got everywhere and ruined things. “If it’s a body, I probably won’t be able to be particular careful with it. Hopefully neither of you is squeamish. I have no medical training, so unless it is evident what caused the death of what is down there, I will not be able to tell you why they died. I mention this in case we need Fox to have a look at the body.”

Looking at Sil, he thought about whether he needed the spell or not. “Let’s hope I don’t need it. Probably for you, this would only be up to your knees, but it’s up to my waist it looks like down there. However, if you want to cast it on me just in case, I will not object. Hopefully there is nothing that is a threat down there that could drag me into the water.”

He partially uncoiled a handy long rope and tied one end securely around his waist, before handing the other end to Sil.

“Just in case,” he explained to her, “procedure for going into locations on your own. If I need help, I’ll pull on the rope. Once for I’m fine, twice for I need some assistance and if the rope starts getting pulled like crazy, then come and get me, I’m in a lot of trouble.”

He gathered up tools and made his way down the ladder into the water and machinery below, his nightvision enabling him to see in the dark, where he presumed Sil and Brago would have problems doing so. He edged forward, trying to be quiet and not attract the notice of anything down here, his axe in front sometimes pushing it through the water, in case there was something there to impede him.


OOC Comments
His actions are depending on what he finds

If it is a body caught up in the gears, steadily getting squished but preventing the gears from operating, he will try and pull it clear, unless it is obvious that he’s going to have to dismember the body to do so. Haarlbax should be able to cut through especially as it ignores AR.

If there is also additional damage to the gears that require repair, he will carry out repairs as needed.

Several repairs rolls to repair the damage and clear the blockage

Prowl 51% 1d100 = 67 fail
Locate Secret Compartments/Doors 66% 1d100 = 62 pass
Detect Concealment & Traps 51% 1d100 = 39 pass
Metalworking (equivalent to Field Armourer) 56% or General Repair 56% 1d100 = 68 1d100 = 50 fail, then pass

So he should be able to carry out any repairs, just might take a little bit
HP 32
SDC 46
Cloak of protection AR13 SDC 200

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft, Tongues: Gives the wearer the ability to understand and speak any language at 98%, Truesight: The wearer of this ring sees through magical and psionic illusions, and drug induced hallucinations (half the usual penalties). In addition, the wearer is not hindered by magical or non-magical darkness, and can see the invisible.
+2 to all saving throws

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Tyral » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:24 pm

Perception [+3]: 1d20+3 = 15
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 20
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 33

PPE: 206/213
Bracelet PPE: 120/120
SDC: 43/43
HP: 42/42

Conditions: Nightvision: 60' [30' in unnatural Magic Darkness], [b]Spell Strength of 15[/b], Tongues [constant] & Truesight [Sees through Magical and Psionic illusions, Not Affected by Magical or Non-Magical Darkness, and can See Invisible], Bracelet [½ PPE cost for Spells], Sense Magic (120' radius, 10.75 min), Decipher Magic (11.00 MIN)

The Wizard sighs in exasperation at the cryptographic-quandary adorning the wall then spares a sardonic glance for Zephyr, "I am neither a Diabolist, nor a Summoner like the author of this cypher probably was ... and given that we probably have only a few minutes here to try and puzzle out the key phrase ... well really cannot get one down here, so I'm not sure what we can do except try to solve the puzzle to hopefully avoid these things, no I think they are Golems, attacking ..." Tyral begins to flip through the pages of the books open on the esk for any mystic symbols that might give a suggestion. Notes, Journals,

Lore: Magic Wards, Runes, & Circles 77%: 1d100 = 64
Recognize Enchantment 72%: 1d100 = 38
Research 92%: 1d100 = 77
Cryptography 37%: EP Spent to Break Code

If he is able to figure the code out, Tyral taps it out

CONTINGENCY: If combat breaks out, the Wizard allows Tatyana to take the lead, and will cast Weightlessness [-800lbs] on each before attempting to summon up a Spectral Staff [-15 PPE], **... But whatever damage they can do, it will be less if their inhabited armor lacks substance ... and this seems like a job for that Spectral ... Staff? ... How did? Who ever heard of such a thing??? ... nevermind, if it's an entity, then this should be a good start ... they cannot exactly feel can they? ... so they likely should not realize that the weight of their shells has even been altered ... and weighing less, I should mete out much less lethality ...**

APM: 5
Initiative: 1d20 = 18

1 / Cast Weightlessness on Armor-Thing near Fox (-3 PPE, 60', 16 Melees, Lighten by 800 lbs, if weight is reduced to 0 then Spd & melee damage are reduced by 75%)
2 / Cast Weightlessness on Armor-Thing near Zephyr (-3 PPE, 60', 16 Melees, Lighten by 800 lbs, if weight is reduced to 0 then Spd & melee damage are reduced by 75%)
3-4 / Cast Spectral Staff [8 min, 1d6 to Mortals (bypasses armor) // 1d4*10 to Supernatural Creatures, 1d6*10 to Entities/Ghosts/Entities/Alien Intelligences]
5 / Dodge as needed 1d20+4 = 8

OOC: Will deduct PPE Count once I can figure out what actually gets cast ...

BRAGO
Perception [+1]: 1d20+1 = 12
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 12
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 77

Conditions: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral (600'), Enhanced Healing, Impervious to Natural Fire,

Brago notes the decent of the Dwarf into the water but makes no move to help or hinder. He will (I suppose), just keep an eye out for immediate looking dangers.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Environmental Robe [Grey with Dark Green trim], Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Guild Rings of the Merchant Adventurer [Tongues/Vision Augmentation]
Weapons: Dwarven Quarterstaff [2d6, +2 Parry]

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Fox » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:22 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 19
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 4
JIC: 1d20 = 14
JIC%: 1d100 = 49

Fox would offer try to use Object Reading to help, but gets the feeling these objects have been handled many times by those who do not know their proper use, his finding the right information that way seems unlikely.

He simply stands back and hopes it does not come to combat, especially after one of his friends suggests these things may be actual Iron Golems...which are considerably difficult to defeat.

Fox recalls suddenly he has a magic sword that can turn him invisible...and can likewise serve a few other who touch it. He also has a wand that can grant Superhuman Strength and a Cape that can render him immune to outside fear. He uses the cape now...these Golems are scary (immune to HF for 30 minutes).

If The golems attack he will cast Superhuman Strength from his wand, then turn himself invisible from his sword and try to use his invisibility to get into a good position to use his strength to best effect.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 28% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 38% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 92/110 | H.P.: 31/31 | S.D.C.: 26/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 38, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Silhouette » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:50 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 41d100 = 83
Perc: 1d20+3 = 7

Listening and Awareness -- 30% / 1d100 = 81


Durak:
"A body?" Durak exclaimed, "oh joy. That would certainly explain what is blocking the gears. If it is just that, then I can probably fix that fairly quickly,” Durak showed a slight lack of concern about a dead person. In his head, he was focusing on the task at hand, but it might come across as slightly callous. “Though there may be more bodies and potentially whatever killed it in there as well.” He surmised, readying his axe again and looking around, in case of trouble.
Nodding her head Silhouette silently encourages Durak with a smile at the mention of something in the water. Adding some advice she gives her version of encouragement lacking the soothing disregard for anything at all in the water saying,"If something was in the water that did that... Animals eat. I mean a body would not be stuck, it would be eaten?"

Pensively she wonders before answering from what her Tutor might infer of such evidence. Speaking in Eastern she says,"The body is probably a guard fallen in too heavy to swim from the last day of fighting." Nodding more vigorously she seems certain at her guess,"Probably a day old or so from the rioting?" Her thoughts wander at that mention as she thinks,"Or a cultist?"

Brightening up she says,"Check him for any purses or items." Shrugging she adds,"Waste not and all the same."


Durak:
“Excellent,” Durak clapped his hands, “will it make me able to swim as well? I’m a Dwarf, we like the ground beneath our feet.” He looked a little perturbed at the idea going into water. He couldn't swim, so if he was washed away in this weather, he wasn't going to last long. “Of course, it won’t matter unless we are able to find a way inside the machinery to affect a repair.”


Blinking at the mention of the spell and swimming she asks,"You dwarves are like rocks then? Elves are airy-headed and floaty like Tyral." Though she only seems half seriously at her remark against Tyral she asks more assertively,"You cannot swim?" Smiling she continues,"I will be right here to jump down if you need anything." Not at all offering to replace the dwarf in the effort as it would water-log her new armor anyway.

Durak:
“Wish me luck,” Durak grimaced, putting away his lockpicks back into his leather work apron, having opened the hatch and sealing them shut. He wasn’t wild about wading into the water; it got everywhere and ruined things. “If it’s a body, I probably won’t be able to be particular careful with it. Hopefully neither of you is squeamish. I have no medical training, so unless it is evident what caused the death of what is down there, I will not be able to tell you why they died. I mention this in case we need Fox to have a look at the body.”

Looking at Sil, he thought about whether he needed the spell or not. “Let’s hope I don’t need it. Probably for you, this would only be up to your knees, but it’s up to my waist it looks like down there. However, if you want to cast it on me just in case, I will not object. Hopefully there is nothing that is a threat down there that could drag me into the water.”

He partially uncoiled a handy long rope and tied one end securely around his waist, before handing the other end to Sil.

“Just in case,” he explained to her, “procedure for going into locations on your own. If I need help, I’ll pull on the rope. Once for I’m fine, twice for I need some assistance and if the rope starts getting pulled like crazy, then come and get me, I’m in a lot of trouble.”


Following Durak into the hatch as needed she takes the offered rope and wraps the largest part of the end around a wooden gird if possible while making slack of the part leading to Durak. This way she would not have to fight to keep hold if the rope becomes taut she can pull him in or if necessary, use the rope as a guide straight to Durak. Watching the dwarf begin to wade into the water she ponders the possibility of something being in it telling Durak,"I feel like a fisherman. If something is in the water..." Stiffling a little mirth she says,,"You are the right size for bait."

Leaning out she catches Durak's shoulder and cast's Breath Without Air on him. (-6 PPE) Joking further she adds,"This would be a good time to practice your swimming, would it not?"

Biology -- 63% /1d100 = 47

Throwing out some advice as she waits she directs,"If you have to cut him up aim for the bend in the arms and legs, those are the joints. Easier for amputation."
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 26/140 | I.S.P.: 7/55 | H.P.: 30/30 | S.D.C.:35/37
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see special abilities)
Armor: na | Modifiers: na
Weapon: Lucky-Unlucky dagger in belt sheath; Dwarven daggers x 2 in boots
(Not present)Bow, Short | Range: 380' | Damage: 1d6 | RoF: APR | Quiver: 20/20 Arrows

Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Previous

Return to Fantasy Adventures

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron