Group 2: The Mysteries

Only adventured-related threads are found here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Durak » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:30 am

Rolls carried

Zephyr wrote:Zephyr's usually candid smile fades at the mention of the Warlock's body down below and shakes his head softly. "Thank you for helping determine the fate, Durak. I apologize if Gale was unorthodox in its method of helping you, I gave him fairly vague orders. It is a pleasure to know both you and Silhouette are unharmed. Come, let us move to the study, we have gained access to the tunnel largely due to Master Tyral." Zephyr states.



“Well, I must admit, I’ve never flown before and not sure that really counted either,” Durak picked himself off the floor, soaking wet from the waste down, with water dripping off him all over from water splashing around during the fight and repairs, “However, Gale saved my life, so I am not going to complain about a bit of being dropped on the floor.”

"Do you have many more of Gale or similar in service to you?" He asked Zephyr, wanting to know the secret, but at the same time the capabilities of his team, whilst he started to wring out his cloaks, squeezing them as water poured out of the soaking wet material onto the floor, all the while hiding that his heart was still pounding from the attack down below. He wasn’t going to admit to weakness in front on an elf.


Zephyr wrote:After Durak's harrowing ordeal and when they return to the study, Zephyr points out the two Golems to Silhouette and Durak. "Careful around these two, they are currently inactive but could be a nuisance later." Zephyr remarks, moving past the door to his Phantom guarding the tunnel. In an errie wisp of a language, Zephyr addresses his elemental brother. "Go forth into the tunnel and scout ahead. We are looking for signs of recent activity or movement; especially if humanoid or bipedal in nature. Pick a path down the catacombs, do not engage anything you find but instead return to me."To the Phantom, Zephyr looks and orders, "Water over this tunnel entrance, if it closes or anyone follows us through, report to me immediately for any further instructions. If at any point you cannot make it back to me and are in danger of death, you are released. Before you release, if needed, send me a Whisper on the wind so I am aware and then return home." Zephyr states, giving the elemental fragment a release condition.


Tyral wrote:He listens first to Zephyr giving directions in Elemental, then to the Warlock's translation, "Aye. The rings translate everything. So no need to say everything twice I suppose hehe. If we have an enemy ear, they might get the translation."


That was disconcerting to Durak; he knew Zephyr must be speaking in a different language to the elementals, but it was weird that he could understand it, useful because nobody could hide from him by switching to a different tongue and worrying because there were some things he did not want to be able to understand.

“Does this ring mean we can understand demons and animals?” he asked the rest of the group, “is that why we can understand Brago? Or does the ring require some form of higher intelligence and coherent thought?”



Tyral wrote:Tyral observes the return of the 1/2 sopping Dwarf in his likely soaked boots and wet pants, **That doesn't seem likely to be comfortable. And we don't need him leaving wet footprints or squishing as he tromps ... better to help things along.** With that, he reaches out to touch Durak lightly with one finger, and Tatyana with another before whispering the Cleanse spell (-3 P.P.E., 2 people by touch) to hopefully produce 2 dry & relatively clean warriors. "In all honesty, tunnel construction is not my forte. The last Dwarf I knew made sure I was aware of that shortcoming. He would lecture at length about how the seams if joined stone could tell hm tales that these poor book-bound eyes would overlook 8 times in 10 ... hehehe well ... we all have our strengths. "


Tyral touched him with his hand and suddenly Durak was dry. “Heh, that’s easier than a towel,” Durak laughed, “which we don’t have. Must remember to bring one. Should never be without your towel. And thank you.”
I’m thanking an elf, today is becoming particularly strange he mused, next I’ll meet a nice Coyle. No, the Old ones will wake up first before that happens.

"Sounds like that Dwarf knew what he was talking about. However, the usefulness of that knowledge is applying it to the situation at hand. It might tell him something, but not always something relevant to the situation at hand. If it has been made 3000 years ago and the mason was left hand, not generally relevant unless it helps open a door perhaps." Knowledge without use was desirable to Durak, but he didn't feel the need to discuss it with people unless it was relevant.

Zephyr wrote:Zephyr shakes his head, "Not entirely sure. I know the magic used to seal the tunnel was Old Magic, as in Chaos Wars old, but not much else. The Catacombs have existed for many years, so there is a fair chance this tunnel was created to access them. I do not know how or by whom, more may be determined with proper review of the notes." Zephyr says, offering no real answer unfortuntely before adding, "I have sent Gale ahead of us to scout further down, and my Phantom will remain at the door. I say we mush on." Zephyr remarks with an less than real smile. Already more of my brothers and sisters are confirmed dead. How much must my community suffer in this forlorn town. Zephyr muses to himself privately and will, barring anyone stating otherwise, enter the tunnel.


“If I might suggest, Tatyana in her heavy armour goes first. I think I might be the next most heavily armoured, so if I hold the rear, Fox in the centre as he is the healer and probably the squishiest of us, whilst you wizardy types fill in the rest of the space." Durak offered suggestions on a marching order, before considering other possibilities, "of course, if there are traps or other obstructions, then I'll need to be the one to deal with those, so maybe I'll need to be at the front."
HP 37
SDC 48
Cloak of protection AR13 SDC 200

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft, Tongues: Gives the wearer the ability to understand and speak any language at 98%, Truesight: The wearer of this ring sees through magical and psionic illusions, and drug induced hallucinations (half the usual penalties). In addition, the wearer is not hindered by magical or non-magical darkness, and can see the invisible.
+2 to all saving throws

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Silhouette » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:59 am

JIC: 1d20 = 20 1d100 = 55
Perc: 1d20+3 = 11

Lore: Magic -- 67% / 1d100 = 24
*Recognize Magic Circles, Runes, Etc -- 57% / 1d100 = 28 (Recognizing the old magic for herself)

As everyone arrives on scene Silhouette jumps in surprise as she hears Tatyana rushing in with the rest of the party in tow before recognizing her distinctive and beautiful pelt. Recognized just ahead of Silhouette ruining it with a sharp knife too. Rolling her head with eyes following to shake off the tension she gasps,"Just seeing what the dwarf is in a fit about...

The tunnel illuminates as electricity interrupts her as she lets out a low sound in realization at the sight of the floating dwarf,"Aaaah, this went a path slight of planned." Shaking her head after Durak floats up to them unscathed as well as to the dwarf pulling the leaver she purses her lips and nods,"Well that is THE lever of course. That I was going to pull."

Dismissing the light she follows back to the study making a mental note to come back sometime and look over the mechanisms with Durak perhaps in tow to explain their functions.

Zephyr:
"Thank you for helping determine the fate, Durak.


Giving a look at Durak and Zephyr the changeling straitens as she adds,"I guessed it was a bod...eey." A lengthy pause follows as she reconnects that it was a warlock and she is talking to Zephyr before she shrugs,"Yeah, so that is not so much an upside, but I told him where to look, right Durak?" Sitting in her own silence she quickly gives a tiny movement of her head answers quietly,"Fiiine. We can count up who helped the most later over dinner."

Zephyr:
"Not entirely sure. I know the magic used to seal the tunnel was Old Magic, as in Chaos Wars old, but not much else. The Catacombs have existed for many years, so there is a fair chance this tunnel was created to access them. I do not know how or by whom, more may be determined with proper review of the notes."


Pondering the statement of Old Magic the forsaken mage looks askance at Zephyr as she reasons,"Llorn is not that old, is it?" Scratching the tip of her nose she gives a prompting look Tyral's way concerning Llorn's history as she asks Zephyr,"So, this Chaos stuff?" More than curious about possible lost magics.

Looking toward the two golems the forsaken mage peers at them ponderously deciding exactly what danger lay in their stated "inactivity" by Zephyr,""Sooo, where is this magic anywho?" Craning her neck she looks to various corners and bookshelves as if trying to catch a glimpse of a celebrity through milling throng.

Durak:
“Does this ring mean we can understand demons and animals?” he asked the rest of the group, “is that why we can understand Brago? Or does the ring require some form of higher intelligence and coherent thought?”


Holding up her finger and tapping the encircling band she puts the dwarf's questions to rest at least knowing this much of the effects purpose,"Mmmm, demon's yes, if they are speaking their tongue. Animals..." Raising her eyebrows she decides to commit to the answer,"No, because, no."

Reaching her hand down as if to pet Brago but finding him too far away she swings her hand instead toward the teenage wolf answering again with a happy tune to her voice because she gets to be helpful,"Uh, nope! Brago is really speaking and these just need words."


Durak:
“If I might suggest, Tatyana in her heavy armour goes first. I think I might be the next most heavily armoured, so if I hold the rear, Fox in the centre as he is the healer and probably the squishiest of us, whilst you wizardy types fill in the rest of the space." Durak offered suggestions on a marching order, before considering other possibilities, "of course, if there are traps or other obstructions, then I'll need to be the one to deal with those, so maybe I'll need to be at the front."


Nodding emphatically Silhouette states,"That is a great idea! We can just sit snug in the center and if something interesting comes up we can scout ahead." Giving a final curt nod she looks at Tatyana,"I can put a snug armor spell on you if you need it too, not that your armor doesn't look snug...or scary." Looking at Durak she adds,"Or you if there is a trap..." Shrugging she smiles,"Either works."


Tucking her stave into the crook of her arm she pats herself down checking her accompanying weapons out of apparent habit to those who have noticed her doing such before. Seemingly satisfied she twirls the staff in hand before tapping it to the stone at her feet signalling her readiness.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 82/164 | I.S.P.: 30/58 | H.P.: 45/45(Temp: 5) | S.D.C.:42/45(Temp: 7)
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see special abilities); Guild Ring(see in dark/magical;see invis)
Armor: Superior Hard Leather: AR 11; 50/50 S.D.C| Modifiers: na
Idrantine Bracelet: PPE: 60/140; ISP: 47 /100
Weapon: Lucky-Unlucky dagger in belt sheath; Dwarven daggers x 2 in boots; Throwing daggers(4): outside boots;inside sleeve; Vladimir's Bone Staff
Back(shoulder): Ranir Bow, Short | Range: 454' | Damage: 2d6+5 | RoF: APR | Quiver: 20/20 Arrows
(Other items in backpack)
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Tyral » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:53 am

Tyral wrote:Perception [+3]: Original post: 1d20+3 = 5
D20 JiC: Original post: 1d20 = 11
D100 JiC: Original post: 1d100 = 29


PPE: 206/213
Bracelet PPE: 120/120
SDC: 43/43
HP: 42/42

Conditions: Nightvision: 60' [30' in unnatural Magic Darkness], Spell Strength of 15, Tongues [constant] & Truesight [Sees through Magical and Psionic illusions, Not Affected by Magical or Non-Magical Darkness, and can See Invisible], Bracelet [½ PPE cost for Spells], Sense Magic (120' radius, 5.75 min), Decipher Magic (6.00 MIN)

Durak wrote:“Well, I must admit, I’ve never flown before and not sure that really counted either,” Durak picked himself off the floor, soaking wet from the waste down, with water dripping off him all over from water splashing around during the fight and repairs, “However, Gale saved my life, so I am not going to complain about a bit of being dropped on the floor.”


With a friendly smile, Tyral says, "Flight is truly something special, I will admit I only recently learned a spell to confer it and although it is a fair amount of effort ... leaving the ground is wondrous. Not just useful in crossing a chasm or whatever, but soaring up and amongst the clouds or gazing down into a valley watching the fog burn off or the last rays of sun draw back with the sunset, the silence and beauty can be breathtaking ... Silly Brago just likes to chase birds." Anyone watching would see Brago exercising a jowly yawn at this last part.

Durak wrote:“Does this ring mean we can understand demons and animals?” he asked the rest of the group, “is that why we can understand Brago? Or does the ring require some form of higher intelligence and coherent thought?”


"Indeed, I believe Silhouette is correct, and that the rings are limited to spoken language."

Durak wrote:“If I might suggest, Tatyana in her heavy armour goes first. I think I might be the next most heavily armoured, so if I hold the rear, Fox in the centre as he is the healer and probably the squishiest of us, whilst you wizardy types fill in the rest of the space." Durak offered suggestions on a marching order, before considering other possibilities, "of course, if there are traps or other obstructions, then I'll need to be the one to deal with those, so maybe I'll need to be at the front."


"Indeed Master Durak may be best in the lead. Tatyana can provide overhead cover, fighting over him if need be, but please do be careful ... but behore we head down the tunnel, perhaps we should check to see if there is anything further we can find here in this ... Study."

OOC: I believe previously our search was somewhat interrupted by the Golems, and then before we really did anything further everyone made the dash out. Before we descend, it might be best to check through room. It might be unlikely, but Summoners like True names, etc. If he's got a list of pawns somewhere, it might be useful to find.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Environmental Robe [Grey with Dark Green trim], Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Guild Rings of the Merchant Adventurer [Tongues/Vision Augmentation]
Weapons: Dwarven Quarterstaff [2d6, +2 Parry]

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Tatyana Singh » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:09 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 15
JIC: 1d20 = 1/1d100 = 16

Nightvision: 40 feet, excellent day vision, excellent sense of smell
Track blood scent [32%] 1d100 = 15 Range: 500'
Track familiar scent: [28%] 1d100 = 93 range: 50 feet
Keen hearing, equal to a canine


Tatyana feels a little disapointed that it was all over before the rest of them arrived, whatever it was. She lets out a small sigh of satisfaction as the cleanse spell does it's work. "How I love being clean." she thinks to herself.

Once back in the study,

Durak wrote:“If I might suggest, Tatyana in her heavy armour goes first. I think I might be the next most heavily armoured, so if I hold the rear, Fox in the centre as he is the healer and probably the squishiest of us, whilst you wizardy types fill in the rest of the space." Durak offered suggestions on a marching order, before considering other possibilities, "of course, if there are traps or other obstructions, then I'll need to be the one to deal with those, so maybe I'll need to be at the front."


"That works for me. I'd suggest Tyral and Zephyr next to each of us for arcane support. I can cast some, but nothing like those two." Tatyana replies. The Hunter then leans over Fox, sticking her snout down the tunnel and inhaling deeply to get a proper scent.

Silhouette wrote:Nodding emphatically Silhouette states,"That is a great idea! We can just sit snug in the center and if something interesting comes up we can scout ahead." Giving a final curt nod she looks at Tatyana,"I can put a snug armor spell on you if you need it too, not that your armor doesn't look snug...or scary." Looking at Durak she adds,"Or you if there is a trap..." Shrugging she smiles,"Either works."


The Wolfen returns the nod with a slight smile, [b]"Snug armor spell? I don't know of that one. I will pass this time. My new armor fits quite well." Tatyana starts to move into the corridor, but stops at the entrance.

Tyral wrote:"Indeed Master Durak may be best in the lead. Tatyana can provide overhead cover, fighting over him if need be, but please do be careful ... but behore we head down the tunnel, perhaps we should check to see if there is anything further we can find here in this ... Study."


With a roll of her eyes, Tatyana turns back into the room. She begins the new search (Intelligence [47%] 1d100 = 85, Lore: Undead [62%] 1d100 = 70, Lore: Demons and Monsters [72%] 1d100 = 36, Literacy: Elven [62%] 1d100 = 77) by looking at the higher places the others can't see or get to. She begins humming a little tune while she looks.
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 31/31
SDC: 53/25
PPE: 108/76
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Erva » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:02 am

Time and Date: 7:20pm, 4/4/345
Conditions: Unchanged, dark outside, interior is lit with dim lanterns.


Conversations happen as intended...

The tunnel remains open while the group discusses their plan and Gale, the Elemental wisps away as the phantom takes up a position near the door to the tunnel. The group is able to scour the room for an easy few minutes without being interrupted by irritating guardians or unwanted scavengers. However, arguably the most valuable item in the study remains to be the journal Fox located. Much of the documents on the desk that Zephyr did not shovel into his bag are able operations at the Gearhouse. While some of the logbook entries are interesting and disconcerting, none of them warrant extra scrutiny. The log entries on the desk show that at one point there were eight full fledged Water Warlocks operating the Gearhouse and the Sealock at different shifts with a support crew of about twenty technicians. None, save the one body below, are accounted for.

The journal, under a few minutes of scrutiny by anyone who wants to try reveal that it is not only written in different languages, it is encoded with a cipher that makes any translations without the key page worthless. The key page is taken from a different book and is usually kept secured so that the book need not be, and it bears reasoning that the summoner at large would have said key. Tyral has a strong urge that the journal Fox found holds more than just words but incantations (Spell Scrolls) that are just out of reach. There is a reference in this journal to the rune markings on the wall from before.

After about 15 minutes of searching, nothing else is revealed except that the summoner lived lavishly. The chest near the bed had the finest wine and edibles money could buy, much of it imported from the West however Tatyana recognizes a fine Wolfen Ale as well. Meanwhile, Durak is studying the tunnel entrance to include a few feet inside the tunnel to check it out. Durak determines that the tunnel was created by magical means, this tunnel is too well formed to be done by hand. It stands to reason that this tunnel connects to the catacombs, but until that connection the tunnel should be easy navigation as it is painfully obvious that the summoner did not expect anyone to decipher his rune ward.

The elemental is still gone, the phantom is still by the door floating in an eerie gaseous state as the rest of the group reconvenes near the desk after the search of the room. With no where else to go but forward, the group ventures through the tunnel.

Order of entry into the tunnel is Tatyana, Silhouette, Zephyr, Tryal, Durak, Brago (unless otherwise stated in your next posts). Durak is able to pull out the Catacomb Map he sketched earlier as they near the end of the magically made tunnel and near the dark entrance to the Catacombs.
Catacomb Map, Incomplete
Image
"There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. Through knowledge, they gain opinions. Through opinions, they wage wars. Through wars, knowledge dies and ignorance is reborn. Through ignorance, mortals remain the slaves of knowledge, and are masters of nothing."


Player Characters: Echo (Spook Squad)
User avatar
Erva
Game Master
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:43 pm
Location: Realm of the Old Ones

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Durak » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:35 am

Perception 1d20+4 = 17
JIC 1d20 = 18 1d100 = 42

With a friendly smile, Tyral says, "Flight is truly something special, I will admit I only recently learned a spell to confer it and although it is a fair amount of effort ... leaving the ground is wondrous. Not just useful in crossing a chasm or whatever, but soaring up and amongst the clouds or gazing down into a valley watching the fog burn off or the last rays of sun draw back with the sunset, the silence and beauty can be breathtaking ... Silly Brago just likes to chase birds." Anyone watching would see Brago exercising a jowly yawn at this last part.


Typical elves, waxing all poetically about something they shouldn’t be doing Durak shook his head, "Let me keep my feet on the ground."

Zephyr:
"Thank you for helping determine the fate, Durak.


Giving a look at Durak and Zephyr the changeling straitens as she adds, "I guessed it was a bod...eey." A lengthy pause follows as she reconnects that it was a warlock and she is talking to Zephyr before she shrugs,"Yeah, so that is not so much an upside, but I told him where to look, right Durak?" Sitting in her own silence she quickly gives a tiny movement of her head answers quietly,"Fiiine. We can count up who helped the most later over dinner."


“Sil was definitely of the opinion that it was a body that was causing the blockage,” Durak confirmed, looking slightly confused, “why? Is there some form of competition regarding how much somebody helps? is there a prize?"

Checking the blade on Haarlbrax, he found it in good working order and Tyral’s spell had cleaned it as well, so he didn’t need to wipe off any blood from whatever that creature was before slinging it back on his back.


Durak wrote:“ Does this ring mean we can understand demons and animals?” he asked the rest of the group, “is that why we can understand Brago? Or does the ring require some form of higher intelligence and coherent thought?”

SIl
Holding up her finger and tapping the encircling band she puts the dwarf's questions to rest at least knowing this much of the effects purpose,"Mmmm, demon's yes, if they are speaking their tongue. Animals..." Raising her eyebrows she decides to commit to the answer,"No, because, no."

Reaching her hand down as if to pet Brago but finding him too far away she swings her hand instead toward the teenage wolf answering again with a happy tune to her voice because she gets to be helpful,"Uh, nope! Brago is really speaking and these just need words."

Tyral
"Indeed, I believe Silhouette is correct, and that the rings are limited to spoken language."


“I wasn’t sure if we understood Brago because he could speak or because we had the rings, but I think this goes into the realms of whether animal noises are in fact some form of communication in a way we could potentially understand, but sadly I think that is a thought outside of the issues we are dealing with here today. Still, the things they could tell us if they could talk.” Durak sounded wistful at the idea. They could learn quite a lot, though how much sense they would make is another matter.

Zephyr:
"Not entirely sure. I know the magic used to seal the tunnel was Old Magic, as in Chaos Wars old, but not much else. The Catacombs have existed for many years, so there is a fair chance this tunnel was created to access them. I do not know how or by whom, more may be determined with proper review of the notes."


Pondering the statement of Old Magic the forsaken mage looks askance at Zephyr as she reasons,"Llorn is not that old, is it?" Scratching the tip of her nose she gives a prompting look Tyral's way concerning Llorn's history as she asks Zephyr,"So, this Chaos stuff?" More than curious about possible lost magics.

Looking toward the two golems the forsaken mage peers at them ponderously deciding exactly what danger lay in their stated "inactivity" by Zephyr,""Sooo, where is this magic anywho?" Craning her neck she looks to various corners and bookshelves as if trying to catch a glimpse of a celebrity through milling throng.


“Considering the connection to,” Durak’s voice dropped to a whisper,the old ones, is this magic intrinsically connected to this location, or something brought in later?” He didn’t like to tempt fate about talking about the Old Ones.


Durak wrote:“If I might suggest, Tatyana in her heavy armour goes first. I think I might be the next most heavily armoured, so if I hold the rear, Fox in the centre as he is the healer and probably the squishiest of us, whilst you wizardy types fill in the rest of the space." Durak offered suggestions on a marching order, before considering other possibilities, "of course, if there are traps or other obstructions, then I'll need to be the one to deal with those, so maybe I'll need to be at the front."


"Indeed Master Durak may be best in the lead. Tatyana can provide overhead cover, fighting over him if need be, but please do be careful ... but before we head down the tunnel, perhaps we should check to see if there is anything further we can find here in this ... Study."



“Yes, I’m very fond of my head. I can’t imagine he’d be foolish enough to leave a list lying around though." With the chance of new information and secrets to be found, Durak helped search around the study before being drawn back to the tunnel.


Nodding emphatically Silhouette states,"That is a great idea! We can just sit snug in the center and if something interesting comes up we can scout ahead." Giving a final curt nod she looks at Tatyana,"I can put a snug armor spell on you if you need it too, not that your armor doesn't look snug...or scary." Looking at Durak she adds,"Or you if there is a trap..." Shrugging she smiles,"Either works."


“How does making my armour more snug help me?” Durak looked confused at Sil before deciding he’d much rather check over the tunnel instead.

Meanwhile, Durak is studying the tunnel entrance to include a few feet inside the tunnel to check it out. Durak determines that the tunnel was created by magical means, this tunnel is too well formed to be done by hand. It stands to reason that this tunnel connects to the catacombs, but until that connection the tunnel should be easy navigation as it is painfully obvious that the summoner did not expect anyone to decipher his rune ward.


Durak whistled as he ran his hands over the smooth rock. “Dwarves are the greatest craftsmen in the world. We can make stone as smooth as a newborn’s bottom, but this is almost like it has just been birthed out of nothingness.” He thought for a second about how this might be done and realised it could only be done with magic. Anything natural would have some imperfection, no matter how small. He pulled his hands away, wiggling his fingers and shaking his hands to get rid of a feeling of disgust and inherent wrongness.

“It is wrong, and a complete cheat to do it this way. Give me a proper worked tunnel any day. However, if it has been made by magic, there is unlikely to be trapped, unless you think he is completely paranoid and wouldn’t think that we could breach the spell protections.”

Not that will stop me from checking as we go he thought to himself, better safe than sorry.

The tunnel remains open while the group discusses their plan and Gale, the Elemental wisps away as the phantom takes up a position near the door to the tunnel. The group is able to scour the room for an easy few minutes without being interrupted by irritating guardians or unwanted scavengers. However, arguably the most valuable item in the study remains to be the journal Fox located. Much of the documents on the desk that Zephyr did not shovel into his bag are able operations at the Gearhouse. While some of the logbook entries are interesting and disconcerting, none of them warrant extra scrutiny. The log entries on the desk show that at one point there were eight full fledged Water Warlocks operating the Gearhouse and the Sealock at different shifts with a support crew of about twenty technicians. None, save the one body below, are accounted for.


As the information regarding the numbers of people missing was uncovered, he placed a reassuring hand on Zephyr’s shoulder. He liked the young elementalist and wished they had better news.
“Hopefully we will find them merely taken prisoner. Mayhap he has need of them to dig for something,” he consoled Zephyr, smiling at him ruefully, “that way they will still be alive and we can rescue them.”
Or use as ballista fodder for traps protecting something he thought glumly, having seen such a practice once during his work for the Red Brigade.

“However, if this summoner has been here a while judging by this room, then probably at least one if not more have switched sides, so we will need to be careful.” Duress, money, magic, psionics. I wonder how of the people they have already faced were willing participants and how many were ensorcelled he pondered

Durak took the lead down the tunnel, checking the walls for traps as he went, notably where the walls and floor were not completely smooth as he would expect. He did not have a torch, relying on his natural Dwarven nightvision to guide him, trying not to alert anybody with any light.

“Everybody keep their eyes peeled. They have had time to prepare a trap if there is somebody waiting at the other end of this tunnel” he whispered loudly enough for Tatyana to hear him, trying to see if there was anybody hidden at the end of the tunnel or nearby in the catacombs.

“However, I don’t know which way they went unless they left something obvious. Anybody good at tracking? Or are we following Brago’s nose?” Sadly tracking wasn’t part of Durak’s skill set, something he might to rectify at some point. If nobody here could do it, perhaps somebody in the other group had the skill for it. However, using the map, he was sure he could keep track of where they were in the city.


OOC Comments
Prowl 51% 1d100 = 43PASS
Pick Locks 61% disabling any traps 1d100 = 17PASS
Underground Architecture 46% (+5%) 1d100 = 17PASS
Underground Sense of Direction 56%/46% 1d100 = 55PASS
Locate Secret Compartments/Doors 66% 1d100 = 61PASS
Streetwise 48% 1d100 = 92 FAIL
Detect Concealment & Traps 51% 1d100 = 60 FAIL
HP 37
SDC 48
Cloak of protection AR13 SDC 200

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft, Tongues: Gives the wearer the ability to understand and speak any language at 98%, Truesight: The wearer of this ring sees through magical and psionic illusions, and drug induced hallucinations (half the usual penalties). In addition, the wearer is not hindered by magical or non-magical darkness, and can see the invisible.
+2 to all saving throws

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Tyral » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:41 pm

Perception [+3]: 1d20+3 = 23
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 18
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 46

PPE: 206/213
Bracelet PPE: 120/120
SDC: 43/43
HP: 42/42

Conditions: Nightvision: 60' [30' in unnatural Magic Darkness], Spell Strength of 15, Tongues [constant] & Truesight [Sees through Magical and Psionic illusions, Not Affected by Magical or Non-Magical Darkness, and can See Invisible], Bracelet [½ PPE cost for Spells]

Tyral searches meticulously for several minutes wit the others before eventually settling to thumb between the pages of the Journal previously located in frustration, to try and sort through it a bit (even if its just to try and ID the languages used).

Literacy: Elven 87%: 1d100 = 41
Literacy: Human Eastern 87%: 1d100 = 61
Cryptography 37%: 1d100 = 4

When the others are ready to go, the Wizard (impossibly) slides his well worn staff into his shoulder bag, then reaches in and pulls out a more compact weapon, a silver burnished footman's mace of immaculate Dwarven construction (his Steel Anvil Mace), “Brago says you're all soft nose-blind things, and that walking around on 2 legs can't be worth it if you have to ... hey now, that's uncalled for Brago.” The Elf watches as Brago heads 1st into the Tunnel (followed by Durak (?), and Tatyana (?)), however he himself takes up the rear.

BRAGO
Perception [+1]: 1d20+1 = 4 -- Sad
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 12
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 61

Conditions: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral (600'), Enhanced Healing, Impervious to Natural Fire, Track by Smell 90%, Prowl 60%
Track by Smell 90%: 1d100 = 1 -- Much better

Brago makes a veiled mental comment about the worthlessness of Thumbs if they each cost someone one of their senses, then follows his Nose down into the tunnel scenting after the Summoner whose scent should be well known/obvious from the room.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Environmental Robe [Grey with Dark Green trim], Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Guild Rings of the Merchant Adventurer [Tongues/Vision Augmentation]
Weapons: Dwarven Quarterstaff [2d6, +2 Parry]

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Fox » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:36 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 14
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 9
JIC: 1d20 = 16
JIC%: 1d100 = 35

As expected, Fox is placed in the center of the party. While the fact they think he needs protecting is annoying, the fact is it does put him in a convenient location for healing others. He just wishes his healing was not so slow. Still, he does have healing magic in his gear. It is better than nothing.

It is not the first time he has wished for magical healing abilities. Magical spells are much faster than his trance-based healing abilities and can do some things he can not. Still, Magic is not the Kankoran way, powers of the mind they practice, and...rarely...a very few Kankoran become Druids. A very few Kankoran who have moved into civilized areas have even become (shockingly) Priests.

Perhaps, just possibly, Fox should consider studying with a priest of a Healing Order. He might be able to learn something.

That is for the future though, right now, we have a task to complete. He takes his place with a tough of resignation and follows the leaders as they proceed.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 28% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 38% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 96/120 | H.P.: 36/36 | S.D.C.: 26/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Silhouette » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:34 am

JIC: 1d20 = 6 1d100 = 77
Perc: 1d20+3 = 14

Durak:
"Still, the things they could tell us if they could talk.”

Tyral:
“Brago says you're all soft nose-blind things, and that walking around on 2 legs can't be worth it if you have to ... hey now, that's uncalled for Brago.”


Smiling at that she says,"Brago the big ol' wolf in the making, Durak you should give him a leg and I am sure he will talk all you like." Looking at Brago she asks,"When we get back what do you say to a nice juicy mutton leg, eh boy?" Nodding she shrugs a shoulder as she mosies over to take her place behind Tatyana pulling her cloak edge over her shoulder giving the others standing around a ready look as she adds,"I do not know about nose-blind, but at least we won't be walking into them."

Her hand's come together as she rolls the Guild Ring on her finger thinking,"This thing is amazing." The dark tunnels evanescence fades with only the seeming limits of her own vision as she peers below. Looking to Tyral and Durak she holds her hand up asking,"Is this what your eyes do in the dark? I wish I could see like this all the time too."

Letting the matter of seeing fall to the wayside Silhouette cracks her neck before taking a big breath,"You set the pace Tat, nice and quiet or... Well lets go quietly?" Taking her helmet off her belt she slips it over her head giving a nod of readiness.

Prowl 77% / 1d100 = 99
Listening and Awareness -- 30% / 1d100 = 10
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 82/164 | I.S.P.: 30/58 | H.P.: 45/45(Temp: 5) | S.D.C.:42/45(Temp: 7)
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see special abilities); Guild Ring(see in dark/magical;see invis)
Armor: Superior Hard Leather: AR 11; 50/50 S.D.C| Modifiers: na
Idrantine Bracelet: PPE: 60/140; ISP: 47 /100
Weapon: Lucky-Unlucky dagger in belt sheath; Dwarven daggers x 2 in boots; Throwing daggers(4): outside boots;inside sleeve; Vladimir's Bone Staff
Back(shoulder): Ranir Bow, Short | Range: 454' | Damage: 2d6+5 | RoF: APR | Quiver: 20/20 Arrows
(Other items in backpack)
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Zephyr » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:50 am

Perception: 1d20 = 6+3=9
JiC: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 82
Skills
Sense Impurities in Air: 1d100 = 54/55%
Land Navigation: 1d100 = 71/60%(FAIL)
Prowl: 1d100 = 1/50%(CRIT)
Intelligence: 1d100 = 44/50%
Surveillance: 1d100 = 22/30%
Lore, Demon and Monsters: 1d100 = 71/60%(FAIL)
Lore, Magic: 1d100 = 50/55%
See Invisible Elemental: 1d100 = 55/75%


Eight of my brothers, missing. We are already hurting within Llorn, must our numbers continue to diminish? Zephyr thinks solemnly to himself as they begin to make their way down the tunnel. He will follow Tatyana and anyone else in the lead but will activate the protective field his sash offers him as a precaution.

Durak wrote:“Hopefully we will find them merely taken prisoner. Mayhap he has need of them to dig for something,” he consoled Zephyr, smiling at him ruefully, “that way they will still be alive and we can rescue them.”

Zephyr offers a nod and a smile, "Yes, hopefully more lives are not lost to this madness. Thank you for your insight."

Durak wrote:“However, if this summoner has been here a while judging by this room, then probably at least one if not more have switched sides, so we will need to be careful.”

Zephyr pauses briefly and a frown crosses his face, I'd never considered that as an option... he muses before responding, "I admit I did not consider that as an option, though it is definitely a possibility. I will not let my guard down if that be the case, no matter if they are my kin." Zephyr states, reinforced and disconcerted with the idea that his fellows could have turned.

He will look for signs of Gale and which direction his Elemental went once they are outside the tunnel and into the catacombs below. He moves cautiously, still not used to being able to see in darkness. Zephyr will be near the front but back a few paces so he can see ahead and spot his Elemental.

Sil wrote:"Brago the big ol' wolf in the making, Durak you should give him a leg and I am sure he will talk all you like." Looking at Brago she asks,"When we get back what do you say to a nice juicy mutton leg, eh boy?".. "You set the pace Tat, nice and quiet or... Well lets go quietly?"

Zephyr smiles briefly at Silhouette's carefree attitude. I wish I could disconnect like that, maybe a defense mechanism or maybe not, either way. Zephyr muses and adds, "Definitely quietly, we don't know what to expect."
Zephyr The Wind Mage
Important Details
P.P.E.: 200/200 | I.S.P.: 47/47| H.P.: 53/53| S.D.C.: 32/32

Conditions: Immediately sense fellow Warlock/Elemental, Sixth Sense (2), Mind Block (4)

Armor: Studded Leather Armor | A.R.: 13 | S.D.C.: 38/38 | Modifiers: -5% mobility penalty
Cloak of Armor (over Studded Leather)| A.R. 14 | S.D.C.: 50/50 | Excellent Mobility, Magical SDC/AR

Weapon: Quaterstaff | Damage: 2d6 | Modifiers: +2 Strike, +1 Initiative, +1 Parry
Light Arbalest | Range: 150' | Damage: 1d6 | RoF: APR | Payload: 1 | Modifiers: None | Quarrel: 24/24+1 bolts


Mount: Bellator the War Horse (See Equipment for Combat Data) | S.D.C.: 45/45 | H.P.: 34/34 | APR: 3

Elemental: Minor Air Elemental [Summoned](See here) | H.P.: 190/190 | S.D.C.: 220/220 | P.P.E.: 300/300
Phantom [None Summoned](See here) | | H.P.: 60/60| S.D.C.: 30/30 | P.P.E.: 100/100 | Duration: 75minutes


"Thinking inside my head"
"Speaking Out Loud." Speaking Eastern
"Speaking Out Loud." Speaking Elven Code: 800080
"Speaking Telepathically as allowed." Code: 0000FF
"Speaking Elemental." Code: 008000
User avatar
Zephyr
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:30 am
Location: Palladium

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Erva » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:31 am

A few careful moments later...

The group cautiously heads inside and past the man-made tunnel. The architecture intrigues Durak, such a perfectly formed underground tunnel, the method of its creation could be very valuable to interested groups. He, along with Tatyana and Silhouette head in first followed by Zephyr, Fox and Tyral. Tyral is interested on a different scale as this particular foe seems to have much greater resources at their disposal than the prior foe; these resources could be useful in aiding his studies. Luckily, as they travel, there is only the sound of Silhouette in the tunnels however even her sound dies immediately as her, Fox, Tyral and Durak all hear movement up ahead.

Tyral's keen ears pick up on more than movement, coupled with Brago's keen nose, there is movement of underground dwellers nearby, the summoner's scent hangs in the air further down. The movement does not suggest that their position is known however it does make treading the path more dangerous. Durak is able to follow the map and keep a solid understanding of where he is to the location of the Gear House, should they need a hasty retreat. As the group pauses just before a clearing, Durak is able to locate what looks like a small chest or lockbox under some rubble. It has a tri-lock to it and he can't pick the lock without uncovering it and potentially making enough noise to be heard by the dwellers.

Suddenly, everyone in the group feels a brief wisp of air as Zephyr's elemental returns to him. The ethereal creature speaks and, unknown to it, is understood by the others. "Scavengers are ahead, they did not see me and are no match for us currently. The path down the tunnel is littered with them. You can sneak past them if you are careful, brother." It states then vanishes from sight. The group notices a weird event as the ethereal elemental vanishes from normal sight and the ring's sight kicks in allowing them to see the invisible state.

Map and Details
The group is currently located in the red circle, the area ahead is where the sounds were heard however nothing was actually seen. There is room to fight, stealth or distract in the larger cavern opening ahead of the group.
Image
"There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. Through knowledge, they gain opinions. Through opinions, they wage wars. Through wars, knowledge dies and ignorance is reborn. Through ignorance, mortals remain the slaves of knowledge, and are masters of nothing."


Player Characters: Echo (Spook Squad)
User avatar
Erva
Game Master
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:43 pm
Location: Realm of the Old Ones

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Durak » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:56 am

perception 1d20+4 = 15
JIC 1d20 = 14 1d100 = 67

The group cautiously heads inside and past the man-made tunnel. The architecture intrigues Durak, such a perfectly formed underground tunnel, the method of its creation could be very valuable to interested groups. He, along with Tatyana and Silhouette head in first followed by Zephyr, Fox and Tyral. Tyral is interested on a different scale as this particular foe seems to have much greater resources at their disposal than the prior foe; these resources could be useful in aiding his studies. Luckily, as they travel, there is only the sound of Silhouette in the tunnels however even her sound dies immediately as her, Fox, Tyral and Durak all hear movement up ahead.

Tyral's keen ears pick up on more than movement, coupled with Brago's keen nose, there is movement of underground dwellers nearby, the summoner's scent hangs in the air further down. The movement does not suggest that their position is known however it does make treading the path more dangerous. Durak is able to follow the map and keep a solid understanding of where he is to the location of the Gear House, should they need a hasty retreat.


Durak motioned for those following him to stop as he could hear movement ahead. He quickly checked the map, just making sure of their location, before storing it away again. Just as he was about to move again, he could see something glinting under a load of rubble. Squatting down, he had a closer look.

Durak is able to locate what looks like a small chest or lockbox under some rubble. It has a tri-lock to it and he can't pick the lock without uncovering it and potentially making enough noise to be heard by the dwellers.



“What have we here?” he spoke quietly to himself, before motioning to Tatyana and Sil to come closer, “somewhat random an item to be down here,” he whispered, “considering its proximity to the entrance to the lock, I doubt its presence is here by accident. It can’t be a coincidence, so I think we should open it.” In truth, Durak wanted to open it to see what was inside, to learn its secrets and considering it had a tri-lock, there must be something valuable and interesting in there.

Suddenly, everyone in the group feels a brief wisp of air as Zephyr's elemental returns to him. The ethereal creature speaks and, unknown to it, is understood by the others. "Scavengers are ahead, they did not see me and are no match for us currently. The path down the tunnel is littered with them. You can sneak past them if you are careful, brother." It states then vanishes from sight. The group notices a weird event as the ethereal elemental vanishes from normal sight and the ring's sight kicks in allowing them to see the invisible state.


“Scavengers up ahead,” he whispered, “but we don’t know if these guys work for the enemy or not. Now I figure, we have four options here.” He held up four fingers, dropping them as he counted the options down to emphasise the points he was making.

“We walk through, ignore them and continue on our way. Simple and potentially leaving ourselves open.
We attack them, figuring that considering their location they are working for the enemy – probably not our best option here and bloodthirsty, but I leave it here as an option. Still learning how you operate.”
And it would tell me a lot about you if that is how you act. I certainly wouldn’t want to work with butchers.
“We talk to them, find out what they know and either move on or if they are a problem, then we fight. Hopefully we’ll learn something and not end up in a fight. Now, if we want to find out what is in this chest, then that’ll make noise anyway and they’ll know we’re here. There is no way to get at this without making a racket.
We sneak past them, so they don’t know we were here. – At least that means they can’t report us, but we also leave the chest behind.”


OOC Comments
Detect Concealment & Traps 51% 1d100 = 40
Underground Architecture 46% 1d100 = 60
Wait on the others to do any checks first
If party agrees to let him get the chest out then, then
Masonry – getting chest out without too much issue
Pick Locks 61% 1d100 = 49
Pick Locks 61% 1d100 = 36
Pick Locks 61% 1d100 = 55
For each lock
Pick Locks 61% Deactivate trap 1d100 = 82
Locate Secret Compartments/Doors 66%1d100 = 76
HP 37
SDC 48
Cloak of protection AR13 SDC 200

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft, Tongues: Gives the wearer the ability to understand and speak any language at 98%, Truesight: The wearer of this ring sees through magical and psionic illusions, and drug induced hallucinations (half the usual penalties). In addition, the wearer is not hindered by magical or non-magical darkness, and can see the invisible.
+2 to all saving throws

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Zephyr » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:53 am

Perception: 1d20 = 11+3=14
JiC: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 69
Skills
Lore, Demon and Monster: 1d100 = 34/60%
Wilderness Survival: 1d100 = 44/65%
Land Navigation: 1d100 = 46/60%
Prowl: 1d100 = 34/50%
Intelligence: 1d100 = 71/50%
Surveillance: 1d100 = 6/30%


Gale wrote:"Scavengers are ahead, they did not see me and are no match for us currently. The path down the tunnel is littered with them. You can sneak past them if you are careful, brother."


Zephyr frowns and nods in understanding, "Thank you, brother. Be prepared to engage in the defense of myself and my companions."

Durak wrote:“somewhat random an item to be down here,” he whispered, “considering its proximity to the entrance to the lock, I doubt its presence is here by accident. It can’t be a coincidence, so I think we should open it.”


Zephyr blinks at the object the dwarf found but nods in agreement, "It could prove to have merit, but it also could be a fragment of the former occupants. There are scavengers ahead ..." Zephyr pauses in acknowledgment that his allies can understand Gale and doesn't interrupt Durak. These rings are quite handy in saving time.

Durak wrote:“We walk through, ignore them and continue on our way. Simple and potentially leaving ourselves open.
We attack them, figuring that considering their location they are working for the enemy – probably not our best option here and bloodthirsty, but I leave it here as an option. Still learning how you operate.” And it would tell me a lot about you if that is how you act. I certainly wouldn’t want to work with butchers.
“We talk to them, find out what they know and either move on or if they are a problem, then we fight. Hopefully we’ll learn something and not end up in a fight. Now, if we want to find out what is in this chest, then that’ll make noise anyway and they’ll know we’re here. There is no way to get at this without making a racket.
We sneak past them, so they don’t know we were here. – At least that means they can’t report us, but we also leave the chest behind.”


Zephyr nods, "Unless provoked and until they have a proven connection, I say we avoid them if possible. They may carry about their business and leave down one of the many corridors. Either way, if we do make it past them without attracting unwanted attention, I can recall my phantom to watch over this location instead or even have Gale create a fragment of his own. If need be, I have no doubt we can win with our prowess but there has been enough bloodshed for one week. If we need a distraction to lead them away, I am sure I can facilitate with the help of the elements." Zephyr remarks, describing his desire to avoid conflict but that he is ready for it.
Zephyr The Wind Mage
Important Details
P.P.E.: 200/200 | I.S.P.: 47/47| H.P.: 53/53| S.D.C.: 32/32

Conditions: Immediately sense fellow Warlock/Elemental, Sixth Sense (2), Mind Block (4)

Armor: Studded Leather Armor | A.R.: 13 | S.D.C.: 38/38 | Modifiers: -5% mobility penalty
Cloak of Armor (over Studded Leather)| A.R. 14 | S.D.C.: 50/50 | Excellent Mobility, Magical SDC/AR

Weapon: Quaterstaff | Damage: 2d6 | Modifiers: +2 Strike, +1 Initiative, +1 Parry
Light Arbalest | Range: 150' | Damage: 1d6 | RoF: APR | Payload: 1 | Modifiers: None | Quarrel: 24/24+1 bolts


Mount: Bellator the War Horse (See Equipment for Combat Data) | S.D.C.: 45/45 | H.P.: 34/34 | APR: 3

Elemental: Minor Air Elemental [Summoned](See here) | H.P.: 190/190 | S.D.C.: 220/220 | P.P.E.: 300/300
Phantom [None Summoned](See here) | | H.P.: 60/60| S.D.C.: 30/30 | P.P.E.: 100/100 | Duration: 75minutes


"Thinking inside my head"
"Speaking Out Loud." Speaking Eastern
"Speaking Out Loud." Speaking Elven Code: 800080
"Speaking Telepathically as allowed." Code: 0000FF
"Speaking Elemental." Code: 008000
User avatar
Zephyr
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:30 am
Location: Palladium

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Fox » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:54 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 10
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 12
JIC: 1d20 = 17
JIC%: 1d100 = 57

Fox says, "Scavengers are generally cowards, but will fight it they think they have an advantage or are cornered or are protecting a prize."

Granted, he is speaking of animal scavengers, but he thinks intelligent scavengers are not overly different.

He adds, "Personally, I would avoid fighting, but that is a healer talking, to us avoiding fighting is always a good idea."

He does not care HOW they avoid fighting, it is just that killing without cause is not his way.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 28% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 38% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 96/120 | H.P.: 36/36 | S.D.C.: 26/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Silhouette » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:22 am

JIC: 1d20 = 13 1d100 = 74
Perc: 1d20+3 = 5

Recollecting herself as she begins following Tatyana down the declining stone passage Silhouette pulls her stave in a little tighter to her body realizing the tip was dragging audibly against the wall, however slight it was too much in the grave silence ahead. Breathing through her nose and back out with a forceful puff she tilts her head at the realization of other sounds ahead.

Somewhere.


Coming upon the chest partly burried Silhouette thoughtfully considers giving the task of securing the box by Tyral's teleportation. But before she can Durak is already leaning into it dwarven expertise hard at work. Finger hovering in the air to indicate the impending words the changeling's mouth opens and then shuts without result as she gives a nonchalant shrug toward Tyral, helpless to offer the suggestion in the wake of the dwarf's enthusiasm.

Silhouette's eyes go wide at the air elemental so nicknamed Yooooo reporting on the scavengers,"In words she could understand!" Leaning forward forming silent words she points at Yoooo, who they all can see invisibly, while her teeth shine white through unknown words of excitement toward the warlock. Rolling her head back on her shoulders in profound amazement she could not display enough her pleasure outwardly as she bounces her head like a gleeful parrot that she could understand the elemental's language. Shaking her head she calms herself fighting to stop smiling as tightly held lips break back into teeth regardless her efforts.

Zephyr:
If we need a distraction to lead them away, I am sure I can facilitate with the help of the elements."


Still smiling she begins to take her bow off her back though pauses to ponders a median course of action in Zephyr's words before slowly dropping the bow back into resting position. Whispering with a a bit of mirth still in her she says,"I was going to shoot an arrow or two past them to get them to look else-wise, but..." As she suggests she wonders aloud though still whispering,"Zephy, what do you think you might do?"

Quirking her head in a short jerk she adds,"Or we could walk up and tell them the summoner will feed them to his minions if he catches them here." Giving a level stare toward Yoooo she adds,"Like...Yoooo? They would not know better that he is not a minion."

Conditional: If they do approach the scavengers or Silhouette can determine their general position well enough(Telepathy requires only a strong enough knowledge that someone is in that general area), she will use Telepathy, Superior drawing ISP from her bracelet, to mentally probe a couple of the scavengers pointedly sticking to one that mentally seems smart:

Telepathy skill recap: Probe distance: 450ft
OOC Comments
Telepathy: Superior (8) - (Rifter 25): Duration: 2mins/lvl; Probe, Range: 100ft + 50ft/lvl; Two-way communication, 200ft + 100ft/lvl. Sometimes (40% +3% per level chance(Currently 61%)) the character will see or hear parts of memories associated with the thoughts he is reading from the victim. A saving throw should be rolled for each skill/memory/thought that the character tries to read. The character can make one attempt to pull information from the victim for each attack per melee.


What is their Race majority. Telepathic Image success: 1d100 = 26
What are they scavenging from presently. Telepathic Image success: 1d100 = 39
What would they likely do in discovering another group? Telepathic Image success: 1d100 = 22
How did they get down here. Telepathic Image success: 1d100 = 46
Where is the access they used located from their current position(Will probe question several times to try and get a mental image success (61% / Success:1d100 = 91d100 = 871d100 = 95
What and who else have they had communications with in the tunnels today. Telepathic Image success: 1d100 = 11
If one of them was the summoner, what interactions have been like with the summoner. Telepathic Image success for what he looks like: 1d100 = 65 Success for image on second try:1d100 = 17 1d100 = 50
What known dangers in the tunnels. Telepathic Image success: 1d100 = 61
Where do they, the scavengers live. Telepathic Image success: 1d100 = 27

She will continue to probe regardless interruption short of being directly attacked. These questions suffice for now and follow up ones might occur depending on the quality of information garnered and will immediately report valid information to the party, except how the scavengers got into the tunnels.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 82/164 | I.S.P.: 30/58 | H.P.: 45/45(Temp: 5) | S.D.C.:42/45(Temp: 7)
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see special abilities); Guild Ring(see in dark/magical;see invis)
Armor: Superior Hard Leather: AR 11; 50/50 S.D.C| Modifiers: na
Idrantine Bracelet: PPE: 60/140; ISP: 47 /100
Weapon: Lucky-Unlucky dagger in belt sheath; Dwarven daggers x 2 in boots; Throwing daggers(4): outside boots;inside sleeve; Vladimir's Bone Staff
Back(shoulder): Ranir Bow, Short | Range: 454' | Damage: 2d6+5 | RoF: APR | Quiver: 20/20 Arrows
(Other items in backpack)
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Tyral » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:01 pm

Perception [+3]: 1d20+3 = 11
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 1
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 22

PPE: 206/213 (-11)
Bracelet PPE: 120/120
SDC: 43/43
HP: 42/42

Conditions: Nightvision: 60' [30' in unnatural Magic Darkness], Spell Strength of 15, Tongues [constant] & Truesight [Sees through Magical and Psionic illusions, Not Affected by Magical or Non-Magical Darkness, and can See Invisible], Bracelet [½ PPE cost for Spells], Chameleon (32.00 Min)

Tyral listens to the Elemental report in considering whether such a creature would really be able to accurately gauge the purposes and motives of mortals (Lore: Demons & Monsters 82%: 1d100 = 46), and the others' summations, "Given what we had to do to get down here, I would be wary that anything down here will be in the employ of an adversary ... If we can stay quiet and do not come around this corner, I may be able to dissuade them from coming down this way by making the area up ahead, uncomfortable." The Elf will cast Chameleon on himself (-3 P.P.E., 32.00 Min), then upon Tatyana (-3 P.P.E., 32.00 Min) as the largest and most noticeable of their party, then slowly walk up to where he can place 2 fields of Fear (he will use near-maximum range 80' then 90', Fear [HF 16] (5 P.P.E., 20' area, 80' then 90' so this should create a fairly large field requiring multiple saves, 8 Min).

Prowl 67%: 1d100 = 38

BRAGO
Perception [+1]: 1d20+1 = 17
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 11
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 41

Conditions: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral (600'), Enhanced Healing, Impervious to Natural Fire, Track by Smell 90%, Prowl 60%

Track by Smell 90%: 1d100 = 11
Prowl 60%: 1d100 = 49


Brago pads along quietly behind Tyral, scenting and advising the Wizard of where the Summoner was headed.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Environmental Robe [Grey with Dark Green trim], Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Guild Rings of the Merchant Adventurer [Tongues/Vision Augmentation]
Weapons: Dwarven Quarterstaff [2d6, +2 Parry]

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Durak » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:26 am

Rolls carried

As Tyral went ahead and began casting spells, Durak decided that was the answer to his question; option 5 scare them away so they don’t interrupt us. Guess it’s the better safe than sorry approach without resorting to butchering them. I can live with that; wish we could have spoken to them though. Might have learnt something from them, such as which way the Summoner went. Typical mage, going straight to using magic rather than his noggin. When you use magic like a hammer, then everything is a nail.

“Okay, guess I will get to work here,” he shrugged, not really caring who heard him and figuring that it was obvious that they wanted him to unlock the chest. He noisily cleared the debris of the chest, before kneeling down and examining the lock and chest. Gently and with gloves on, he ran his fingers around the chest.

Tri-part lock, not the simplest thing to open, can’t see any sign of any traps, should be able to do this without too much of a problem.

He reached inside the apron underneath his cloaks and from somewhere amongst the hidden pockets, pulled out his set of lockpicks and set to work on the lock.

OOC Comments
Rolls on previous post
HP 37
SDC 48
Cloak of protection AR13 SDC 200

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft, Tongues: Gives the wearer the ability to understand and speak any language at 98%, Truesight: The wearer of this ring sees through magical and psionic illusions, and drug induced hallucinations (half the usual penalties). In addition, the wearer is not hindered by magical or non-magical darkness, and can see the invisible.
+2 to all saving throws

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Erva » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:17 pm

Whispers beneath the stone...

The group, having mostly failed at coming up with a consensus on what action they should take, each engage in different methods that seem to work shockingly well together. Durak gets to work immediately on the chest, knowing that his roguish talents better serve him opening the chest in this instance. He is able to open one of the locks almost immediately and finds no signs of traps, he can tell this chest was left behind an age ago. Meanwhile, Silhouette attempts to mentally probe the scavengers ahead and is rewarded due to her tenacity.
Telepathic flashes Silhouette receives
She is able to deduce that they are Coyles, the barbaric cousins of the Wolfen, and the thoughts she reads seem to facilitate that legend.
When probing for what they are looking for, she sees an image of a book with two serpents on it, then it flashes to a hooded figure and she gets a pang in her gut.
If discovered, Silhouette can determine with certainty that they would immediately attack.
She is unable to determine exactly how they got down there, she sees an small mound in a rainy forest briefly but it is too brief to tell for sure where it is, she can tell it is far north, miles away from them underground in the catacombs. She just then gets a real glimpse at how vast this network must be.
She feels nothing from them about psionics or magic, in fact she gets the flash that they spit on such nonsense. She does however, when thinking on the summoner, get the flash of the hooded man.

Suddenly she feels a mental resistance from them, not entirely blocking her superior connection but definitely slowing her down. In this slow, she feels an increased sense of hostility.

A few moments after Silhouette was conducting her initial probes, the group hears a snarl and whispers as they hear swords drawn from the scavengers. During her probe, Tyral seemed to blend in and vanish from sight (as does Tatyana), and he slowly moved ahead. He sees the creatures, whom he identifies as Coyles almost immediately, turn their eyes towards the groups location. As they draw their swords, he places his fear fields around them with a magical precision. One of the Coyles takes a step forward and into the field and Tyral can almost see the canine visibly shudder as it steps back in confusion. The fields prevent the Coyles from moving forward and a couple more try to walk forward but get an equally distasteful look on their faces before they hiss and retreat down a different path.
Silhouette gets one last flash before they are out of range
Their minds become incensed with fear as they pull away from them. Silhouette gets one last glimpse before they leave, it shows a large pile of gold, silver, relics and more in a dark cavern. It shows the Coyles kneeling before the hooded figure who is addressing something in the shadows. She gets the flash of the book again, then it is gone.

Zephyr remains near Durak, Fox and Tatyana, he and his elemental serving as fire support should they be needed. Shortly after Tyral vanishes, the four of them hear the snarls then a few whines followed by hissing as they hear padded footsteps quickly retreat. Durak gets the final lock open and dust expels from within the chest as he opens it slowly to reveal a collection of old letters in older written language. A quick inspection of the inside reveals a false bottom and a red leather book with two serpents etched on its cover covered in a fine silk cloth. He can tell the serpents used to be a beautiful shade of silver but their age has passed. When he unbinds the book and looks at the pages, he finds them blank.
The Book
Image


The way ahead is currently clear, the Coyles have run off in a different direction than they have been guided by the map. It is unclear if they will return, Silhouette immediately recognizes the book from the flash of images though she does not know what it is immediately, nor does Tyral or Zephyr. Fox feels a slight pang of relief as they were not forced into unnecessary conflict.
"There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. Through knowledge, they gain opinions. Through opinions, they wage wars. Through wars, knowledge dies and ignorance is reborn. Through ignorance, mortals remain the slaves of knowledge, and are masters of nothing."


Player Characters: Echo (Spook Squad)
User avatar
Erva
Game Master
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:43 pm
Location: Realm of the Old Ones

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Silhouette » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:27 am

JIC: 1d100 = 39 1d20 = 20
Perc: 1d20+3 = 16

Recognize Circle Magic: 33% / 1d100 = 2
Recognize Enchantment (recognize the influence of magic that charms, hypnotizes, or otherwise causes mind control (including trances, domination, compulsion, quest, etc.). This ability also includes identifying magic sickness, curses, the effects of Faerie Food and Faerie Magic, and supernatural or magical possession.not illusions, metamorphosis, or psionics): 62% / 1d100 = 26
Recognize Magic (Certain percentage chance to recognize a magic item by shape, inscription, symbols or intuition. May know something has magical properties, does not know what powers the item has or how to use it.): 33% /1d100 = 36

Knows 4 Simple Power Words (Acba, Keron, Pein, Yin) & 12 Basic Mystic Symbols.

Lore: Magic -- 67% /1d100 = 29
*Recognize Magic Circles, Runes, Etc -- 57% / 1d100 = 30




Beginning to mumble,"The...coyles?" Her thoughts run off at their relationship to Wolfen and that it seems a little sad that they are here scavenging, but when her efforts begin piecing a story of their presence she forgets a little her pity seeing them beside the hooded figure. the likely summoner. Glancing toward Yooooooo she thought of Mulciber who this summoner was able to enslave and though the Air Elemental had not interacted with the changeling she felt as if she liked the being through Zephyr's example. Imagining the summoner doing the same to Yoooo bothered the changeling for some reason...

Clearing her throat lightly she turns to the others and with more than a little curiosity watches Durak peer and then produce from the chest papers and a book.

Taking a sharp breath in the forsaken mage pushes up to Durak reaching a quick hand out to touch the serpent twins upon the book providing thoughtlessly,"I just saw that in the coyles minds!" Shrinking her shoulders and head down as if a turtle in retreat she winces whispering,"I just..." Shaking her head at the obvious she continues,"The coyles were looking for that but they have run off afraid for some reason too."

As Durak opens the book and sees empty pages the forsaken mage casts for herself Decipher Magic (-4 PPE) and Sense Magic (-4 PPE) looking for either hidden runes and language or magic traces that might clue them to the purpose of the tome.

Smiling as if trying to make a joke she holds her hands out to Durak in obvious request to have the dragon book given to her,"Tyral always gets to look at the books first..." Nudging at Durak reminding of the racial divide between them she so obvious states in a way that Durak can't but see her ploy,"The ELF that is." Giving a wink to Durak she flutters her fingers practically saying,"Gimme."

If Durak does hand her the book she will pop her head in a jerk towards the letters adding in a whisper,"Those could have something useful on them too." Meanwhile she will peruse the tome for any angle on hidden words.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 82/164 | I.S.P.: 30/58 | H.P.: 45/45(Temp: 5) | S.D.C.:42/45(Temp: 7)
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see special abilities); Guild Ring(see in dark/magical;see invis)
Armor: Superior Hard Leather: AR 11; 50/50 S.D.C| Modifiers: na
Idrantine Bracelet: PPE: 60/140; ISP: 47 /100
Weapon: Lucky-Unlucky dagger in belt sheath; Dwarven daggers x 2 in boots; Throwing daggers(4): outside boots;inside sleeve; Vladimir's Bone Staff
Back(shoulder): Ranir Bow, Short | Range: 454' | Damage: 2d6+5 | RoF: APR | Quiver: 20/20 Arrows
(Other items in backpack)
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Durak » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:32 am

Perception 1d20+4 = 6
JIC 1d100 = 79 1d20 = 12

Erva wrote:Durak gets to work immediately on the chest, knowing that his roguish talents better serve him opening the chest in this instance. He is able to open one of the locks almost immediately and finds no signs of traps, he can tell this chest was left behind an age ago.


Turn the pick here, find the tumblers on the second part, test each one, ah that’s the one and now the final lock. Please, was this lock for show or did they really think it would keep anybody out?
“And here we are,” Durak announced to the rest of the group, “one old chest ready for opening."

Erva wrote:Shortly after Tyral vanishes, the four of them hear the snarls then a few whines followed by hissing as they hear padded footsteps quickly retreat. Durak gets the final lock open and dust expels from within the chest as he opens it slowly to reveal a collection of old letters in older written language.


He waved away the dust, coughing as he did so. Sounds like Tyral got rid of them without too much trouble. as he heard the snarls disappearing into the distance.

“Scrolls,” Durak gently lifted them out “and old ones at that. Best to be careful lest they fall apart.” He looked at the writing, trying to identify it. Guess it just applies to the spoken word, not to anything written he mused about the ring. Must get some of those glasses that enable you to read languages.

A glance at the height of the box and where the bottom was made him check further. He tapped around before finding the method to open the false bottom.

Erva wrote:A quick inspection of the inside reveals a false bottom and a red leather book with two serpents etched on its cover covered in a fine silk cloth. He can tell the serpents used to be a beautiful shade of silver but their age has passed. When he unbinds the book and looks at the pages, he finds them blank.


And a blank book. Now locking away a blank book seems to be an unusual choice. It was definitely old judging by the smell and by the discolouration of the silver serpents. he held it up for the others to see.

"They are hunting for it and have had unfettered access, whilst we discovered it on a route used by the summoner within minutes of being down here. Odd that I found it then; Divine providence, complete accident or was something trying to ensure it was found?" he pondered out loud, waiting for the others to chime in.

Silhouette wrote:Clearing her throat lightly she turns to the others and with more than a little curiosity watches Durak peer and then produce from the chest papers and a book.

Taking a sharp breath in the forsaken mage pushes up to Durak reaching a quick hand out to touch the serpent twins upon the book providing thoughtlessly,"I just saw that in the coyles minds!" Shrinking her shoulders and head down as if a turtle in retreat she winces whispering,"I just..." Shaking her head at the obvious she continues,"The coyles were looking for that but they have run off afraid for some reason too."

As Durak opens the book and sees empty pages the forsaken mage casts for herself Decipher Magic (-4 PPE) and Sense Magic (-4 PPE) looking for either hidden runes and language or magic traces that might clue them to the purpose of the tome.

Smiling as if trying to make a joke she holds her hands out to Durak in obvious request to have the dragon book given to her,"Tyral always gets to look at the books first..." Nudging at Durak reminding of the racial divide between them she so obvious states in a way that Durak can't but see her ploy,"The ELF that is." Giving a wink to Durak she flutters her fingers practically saying,"Gimme."

If Durak does hand her the book she will pop her head in a jerk towards the letters adding in a whisper,"Those could have something useful on them too." Meanwhile she will peruse the tome for any angle on hidden words.


As Sil worked on him, trying to convince him to hand over the book, he was initially fixated on what she said about Coyles.
“Coyles,” he spat, “we should have just attacked the verminous scum and gotten rid of them.” Durak’s demeanour changed, displaying an enmity far in excessive of his dislike of Elves.
Looking at the blank book, he ran his hands over it, just checking for any secret panels on it before handing it over to Sil and checking over the letters and looking around at the walls, floor and ceiling, trying to determine how and why the chest was hidden.
“Go on then, have a look first, but tell me what you find out.” He hated being kept in the dark, “Zephyr, can you offer any help here?”


OOC Comments
What language are the letters in?
Literacy: Human: Eastern 46% 1d100 = 72 FAIL
Literacy: Dwarven 46% 1d100 = 56 FAIL
Cryptography 21% 1d100 = 3 PASS

Underground Architecture 46%– how old is this section of tunnels? 1d100 = 15 1d100 = 2 1d100 = 9 ALL PASSED
When approximately did it collapse?
Was there something the chest was stored in?
Recognise Precious Metals and Stones 51%/ identify fakes 41% - is the silver real? 1d100 = 39 PASS
Appraise Goods 46% 1d100 = 77 what is the book worth? FAIL


He looked around and realised that half of them hadn't done anything, as far as he could tell and nobody had really spoken.
“Who is actually in charge of this squad?" he asked, "did I miss some subtle signs indicating what we should do or did we by accident manage to not mess things up?" Whilst it worked this time, next time, that could get them all killed.
HP 37
SDC 48
Cloak of protection AR13 SDC 200

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft, Tongues: Gives the wearer the ability to understand and speak any language at 98%, Truesight: The wearer of this ring sees through magical and psionic illusions, and drug induced hallucinations (half the usual penalties). In addition, the wearer is not hindered by magical or non-magical darkness, and can see the invisible.
+2 to all saving throws

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Zephyr » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:45 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 17+3=20
JiC: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 97
Skill Checks
Lore, Magic: 1d100 = 54/55%
Lore, Recog Magic Circles, etc: 1d100 = 13/40%
Lore, Recognize Enchantment: 1d100 = 29/35%
Intelligence: 1d100 = 43/50%
Prowl: 1d100 = 90/50%
Surveillance: 1d100 = 62/30%


Once the Coyles pass, Zephyr lets a brief sigh of relief and looks to Gale. "Brother, please follow them to see where they are going and to see if they intend on doubling back to attack us from behind." Zephyr asks of his elemental and then turns his attention to Silhouette and Durak.

Silhouette wrote:"I just saw that in the coyles minds!" "The coyles were looking for that but they have run off afraid for some reason too."

Durak wrote:"They are hunting for it and have had unfettered access, whilst we discovered it on a route used by the summoner within minutes of being down here. Odd that I found it then; Divine providence, complete accident or was something trying to ensure it was found?"


Zephyr nods in understanding, "Us finding this book could mean a number of things, and if they were hunting for it then there must be a reason why. I've sent Gale to follow them and report back to me." Zephyr states.

Durak wrote:“Zephyr, can you offer any help here?”

Zephyr shakes his head in response, "I have a limited understanding of identifying such things, my realm of study is much more focused. That said, I can definitely try. Tyral and Sil would be the best for identifying this though, I think." Zephyr remarks but will study the book thoroughly using his knowledge of magics to guide his mind.

Durak wrote:“Who is actually in charge of this squad?" he asked, "did I miss some subtle signs indicating what we should do or did we by accident manage to not mess things up?"

Zephyr looks back to the dwarf with something of a weak smile, "There were no subtle signs, we usually act independently of one another and it just so happened to work in our favor this time. Beyond our patron, there is no clear leader while in the field. Everyone is too proud or stubborn to admit that we need one. Trust between us is still a work in progress and we are suffering for it, making random decisions in the field that can inadvertently hurt us in the end. " Zephyr explains to the newer member and lets out a deep sigh, "Our patron sort of assembled us quickly, like the patch-work done on an old robe, we don't flow well enough together yet for there to be a true leader in the field, hopefully that changes before it hurts us." Zephyr adds.

Gale the Elemental
Gale Perception: 1d20 = 11
JiC: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 88

Gale will follow the Coyles invisibly and return if anything happens to report.
Zephyr The Wind Mage
Important Details
P.P.E.: 200/200 | I.S.P.: 47/47| H.P.: 53/53| S.D.C.: 32/32

Conditions: Immediately sense fellow Warlock/Elemental, Sixth Sense (2), Mind Block (4)

Armor: Studded Leather Armor | A.R.: 13 | S.D.C.: 38/38 | Modifiers: -5% mobility penalty
Cloak of Armor (over Studded Leather)| A.R. 14 | S.D.C.: 50/50 | Excellent Mobility, Magical SDC/AR

Weapon: Quaterstaff | Damage: 2d6 | Modifiers: +2 Strike, +1 Initiative, +1 Parry
Light Arbalest | Range: 150' | Damage: 1d6 | RoF: APR | Payload: 1 | Modifiers: None | Quarrel: 24/24+1 bolts


Mount: Bellator the War Horse (See Equipment for Combat Data) | S.D.C.: 45/45 | H.P.: 34/34 | APR: 3

Elemental: Minor Air Elemental [Summoned](See here) | H.P.: 190/190 | S.D.C.: 220/220 | P.P.E.: 300/300
Phantom [None Summoned](See here) | | H.P.: 60/60| S.D.C.: 30/30 | P.P.E.: 100/100 | Duration: 75minutes


"Thinking inside my head"
"Speaking Out Loud." Speaking Eastern
"Speaking Out Loud." Speaking Elven Code: 800080
"Speaking Telepathically as allowed." Code: 0000FF
"Speaking Elemental." Code: 008000
User avatar
Zephyr
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:30 am
Location: Palladium

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Tyral » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:36 pm

Perception [+3]: 1d20+3 = 22
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 9
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 95

PPE: 195/213
Bracelet PPE: 120/120
SDC: 43/43
HP: 42/42

Conditions: Nightvision: 60' [30' in unnatural Magic Darkness], Spell Strength of 15, Tongues [constant] & Truesight [Sees through Magical and Psionic illusions, Not Affected by Magical or Non-Magical Darkness, and can See Invisible], Bracelet [½ PPE cost for Spells], Chameleon (32.00 Min)

The colorshifting/chameleon form of Tyral walks back to the group quietly, his mace held deftly in one hand as discussion breaks out. He listens and shrugs though most would miss the action his voice carries a humorous tone, "These humans have No respect for their elders Master Durak, and leading is a strong term with these ... more like herding cats."

The Wizard looks over the Book from a distance but makes no move to take precedence. He'll look over any letters or scrolls as the discussion continues. If a break arises he will wave towards Brago, "We have a trail, are we ready?"



Literacy: Elven 87%:. 1d100 = 77
Literacy: Human Eastern 87%: 1d100 = 62
Lore: Magic 87% / Recognize Enchantment 72%:1d100 = 41
Lore: Demons & Monsters 82%: 1d100 = 79

[*]2 fields of Fear up the hallway [HF 16] (20' area, 8 Min).

BRAGO
Perception [+1]: 1d20+1
D20 JiC: 1d20
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 100

Conditions: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral (600'), Enhanced Healing, Impervious to Natural Fire, Track by Smell 90%, Prowl 60%

Track by Smell 90%: 1d100 = 9
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Environmental Robe [Grey with Dark Green trim], Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Guild Rings of the Merchant Adventurer [Tongues/Vision Augmentation]
Weapons: Dwarven Quarterstaff [2d6, +2 Parry]

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Durak » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:25 am

Rolls carried

Zephyr wrote:Zephyr nods in understanding, "Us finding this book could mean a number of things, and if they were hunting for it then there must be a reason why. I've sent Gale to follow them and report back to me." Zephyr states.


"Good, I'd hate for us for get caught unaware, whilst being preoccupied with these letters and the book that the Coyles,"
Durak spat again, "were after. Short of somebody finding an actual cause for me finding it, let me assume that it was by accident."

Zephyr wrote:Zephyr shakes his head in response, "I have a limited understanding of identifying such things, my realm of study is much more focused. That said, I can definitely try. Tyral and Sil would be the best for identifying this though, I think." Zephyr remarks but will study the book thoroughly using his knowledge of magics to guide his mind.


"The more eyes the better. Since his book is probably magical, there is only a limited amount of information that I can provide."

Zephyr wrote:Zephyr looks back to the dwarf with something of a weak smile, "There were no subtle signs, we usually act independently of one another and it just so happened to work in our favor this time. Beyond our patron, there is no clear leader while in the field. Everyone is too proud or stubborn to admit that we need one. Trust between us is still a work in progress and we are suffering for it, making random decisions in the field that can inadvertently hurt us in the end. " Zephyr explains to the newer member and lets out a deep sigh, "Our patron sort of assembled us quickly, like the patch-work done on an old robe, we don't flow well enough together yet for there to be a true leader in the field, hopefully that changes before it hurts us." Zephyr adds.


Tyral wrote:The colorshifting/chameleon form of Tyral walks back to the group quietly, his mace held deftly in one hand as discussion breaks out. He listens and shrugs though most would miss the action his voice carries a humorous tone, "These humans have No respect for their elders Master Durak, and leading is a strong term with these ... more like herding cats."


Durak shook his head at the rest of the group in despair
"We will end up dead if we don't sort out someway of how we should operate as a squad. It does not mean a strict hierarchical military structure is required and quite frankly, most of you would rebel at that thought. A simple set of tactics to allow us to flourish, even if it is just to communicate and plan, like I tried earlier.
In combat, perhaps a standard formation, Tatyana takes point in her heavy armour, presumably with Gale's assistance, I will hang back to throw my axe, but also able to step in where required. The rest of you at the rear using magic or ranged weapons to provide support. No running off by yourselves."



Tyral wrote:The Wizard looks over the Book from a distance but makes no move to take precedence. He'll look over any letters or scrolls as the discussion continues. If a break arises he will wave towards Brago, "We have a trail, are we ready?"


Durak offers Tyral any letters that he has finished with if he can't read the language, trying to piece together what is learnt from the letters and the book.
HP 37
SDC 48
Cloak of protection AR13 SDC 200

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft, Tongues: Gives the wearer the ability to understand and speak any language at 98%, Truesight: The wearer of this ring sees through magical and psionic illusions, and drug induced hallucinations (half the usual penalties). In addition, the wearer is not hindered by magical or non-magical darkness, and can see the invisible.
+2 to all saving throws

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Silhouette » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:53 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 181d100 = 8
Perc: 1d20+3 = 8
Spells waiting to be resolved from previous post: Sense Magic; Decipher Magic
Effect: Speed reading (-2 ISP)

Durak:
"Did I miss some subtle signs indicating what we should do or did we by accident manage to not mess things up?"


Shaking her head as she flips through the pages of the tome (Speed Reading -2 ISP) reviewing the pages for any differences as she answers Durak,"I think..." Pausing her look through of the book she glances at Tyral and Zephyr then Durak says,"I think we know what to do best, but we have our own version of what that means." Flipping through more pages observing carefully she continues,"If Tyral says we should fight, I fight. If Zephyr says we run, I run. If you say sneak, I sneak." Shrugging she adds,"If everyone moves the result is the same..." Slowly shaking her head,"If I yelled everyone duck and threw a fireball and everyone in front of me asked why, would that not be bad?"

Flipping another page and another she adds,"I do not know about Tyral, but we are all smart here, just listen to one another." Looking up real quick at the elf she smiles.

Tyral:
"These humans have No respect for their elders Master Durak, and leading is a strong term with these ... more like herding cats."


"Herding cats? Silhouette ponders that in the back of her mind imagining not a few but rather swirls and eddies of a river of thousands upon thousands of felines spreading as if water upon a flat plane. Smiling slowly she imagines Tyral as cats and sees a brick wall of frowning elves crossing their arms mouthing denigrating words.

Grinning at her imaginings she adds,"Mmmm...cats are easy. You put the milk where you want them to go."

Durak:
"We will end up dead if we don't sort out someway of how we should operate as a squad. It does not mean a strict hierarchical military structure is required and quite frankly, most of you would rebel at that thought. A simple set of tactics to allow us to flourish, even if it is just to communicate and plan, like I tried earlier.
In combat, perhaps a standard formation, Tatyana takes point in her heavy armour, presumably with Gale's assistance, I will hang back to throw my axe, but also able to step in where required. The rest of you at the rear using magic or ranged weapons to provide support. No running off by yourselves."


Nodding she confirms,"The same we came down." Looking up into her head a moment she turns to Zephyr,"If we do fight have Yooooo..." Quirking her lips she corrects making a disdainful noise,"Pfft. Ghaaaale if that is what he calls himself." Shrugging she continues,"Have Ghale go all sneaky behind them and appear. That would scare me, just a little, if he started blowing on the nap of my neck."

Tyral:
"We have a trail, are we ready?"


Looking to Durak for a long moment after she has completed going through the whole book from front to cover and if her spells do not make it readable the dark skinned girl starts to move to stand near Tyral giving a sighs as she proffers the book to the stodgy elf,"Take a look?" She more pushes it into his hands in a forceful sharing as she practically leans into the elf,"What do you think?"

After a long moment she leaves the book to Tyral looking defeated if she couldn't find out how to read it as she starts speaking to Durak,"If we get into a fight, expect some magic help to make you faster." Scowling she adds,"No running away. Not like THAT druid..." Shaking her head her disbelief is written on her face,"Fighting a fire demon, the castle coming down all around us and he up and turned into a bird and flew away." Incredulously she states,"Can you even believe that?"

Laughing lightly she adds,"I am one for saving my skin yet leaving folks who fought behind like that... Some nerve." Looking over to Tatyana she punches the air asking,"Right Tat?"
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 82/164 | I.S.P.: 30/58 | H.P.: 45/45(Temp: 5) | S.D.C.:42/45(Temp: 7)
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see special abilities); Guild Ring(see in dark/magical;see invis)
Armor: Superior Hard Leather: AR 11; 50/50 S.D.C| Modifiers: na
Idrantine Bracelet: PPE: 60/140; ISP: 47 /100
Weapon: Lucky-Unlucky dagger in belt sheath; Dwarven daggers x 2 in boots; Throwing daggers(4): outside boots;inside sleeve; Vladimir's Bone Staff
Back(shoulder): Ranir Bow, Short | Range: 454' | Damage: 2d6+5 | RoF: APR | Quiver: 20/20 Arrows
(Other items in backpack)
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Fox » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:08 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 19
Initiative:
JIC: 1d20 = 20
JIC%: 1d100 = 71

When he realized that the scavengers were other Canids, Fox almost walked forward to speak to them...but then suddenly remembered they would see him as a Kobold. Perhaps it was just as well, Coyles are the most unpredictable of the Canids, and might not have listened to a Kankora, not even a healer.

He will ask to examine the book, and will see if he can glean anything from it with his Object Reading.

Object Reading: 1d100 = 94

He will reply Tyrul, "Though tracking is not my greatest skill, I will assist as I may." He does not seriously expect his offer to be accepted, but he feels obligated to offer.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 28% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 38% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 96/120 | H.P.: 36/36 | S.D.C.: 26/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Tyral » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:57 am

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD

Tyral shakes his head at Silhouette as he accepts the Serpent Decorated book and examines it as he chuckles, "Cats follow that milk when they want, if they are currently inclined. With some exceptions, they tend not to work in groups ... I am not so proud to think we could not use a field leader, but last time I primarily got to deal with insolence and rebellion, so I am not inclined to grab that Tri-Fang by the tail again ... it is what it is ..." he trails off with a noncommittal shrug.

With a chuckle the Wizard thumbs through pages, "For now, I think young Brago has the best nose for our erstwhile prey. It seems like he may be our Leader. But if you want to handle tactics master Durak, you are welcome to the task. I am somewhat set in my ways but will do my best to cooperate and oblige.". When he has finished with the book, Tyral will stow it in his dimensional pocket-satchel.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Environmental Robe [Grey with Dark Green trim], Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Guild Rings of the Merchant Adventurer [Tongues/Vision Augmentation]
Weapons: Dwarven Quarterstaff [2d6, +2 Parry]

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Erva » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:58 pm

Threading a needle in a rock...

Conversations happen as intended...

Barring the conversations, everyone of magical origin puts the book to a solid scrutiny but none of them see anything special about the pages however all three of them are able to immediately place the type of book it is; a Book of Secrets, or Serpents, as it is known by some. This book is largely considered as journals, spell books and other important information worthy of record however it is only visible to the owner and should another try to use the book the serpent(s) on the front are meant to animate and come to life. This book seems to have become defunct from decades of no use however there is an obvious blood mark of the prior owner dried and stained to the book. It is old enough that Brago is unable to identify it however Brago can tell it is not human nor elven owned.

Should the book be placed back in its owners hands, or should the owner be killed and a new owner claims the book then all of its contents will become visible again. Silhouette can detect trace amounts of magic but without being able to see the contents, she cannot identify anything. There is no language to the book, no other markings besides the serpents on the front, none visible anyways. As there is little more they can do with the book currently, Tyral secures it in his bag and the group continues on.

With the map, and a solid nose for tracking from Brago, the group is able to maneuver the cavern with relative ease. Gale returns after a moment, as does the Phantom placed at the entrance as the group continues down the tunnels.
Caves
Image

Unlike earlier, the group finds no resistance on this side of the catacombs, however Fox, Tyral and Zephyr can hear echoes from ahead of them. It sounds common-tongue and rowdy but it is far ahead of you. Brago's nose and the map all lead in the same direction as the noise and it is probable that it could be their target. Before too long following the trail, the group finds themselves nearing a turn in the tunnel system that opens out into a large cavern.
Tunnel and Cavern
Image
Image

Tyral and Zephyr are both able to see a glint of shine from deep inside the cavern that looks like movement with a torch, though they are all too far to view it exactly.

The movement is about 300 feet ahead of the group, moving at an angle both towards them but not in their direction. They are moving towards a dark fissure that the group can see, but none can see what is within the fissure. The path below is easy to navigate with the map and the visible target, how does the group proceed?
"There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. Through knowledge, they gain opinions. Through opinions, they wage wars. Through wars, knowledge dies and ignorance is reborn. Through ignorance, mortals remain the slaves of knowledge, and are masters of nothing."


Player Characters: Echo (Spook Squad)
User avatar
Erva
Game Master
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:43 pm
Location: Realm of the Old Ones

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Durak » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:52 am

perception 1d20+4 = 16
JIC 1d20 = 3 1d100 = 24

OOC Comments
was Durak able to ascertain how long the chest had been there? And what was on the letters?


Tyral wrote:With a chuckle the Wizard thumbs through pages, "For now, I think young Brago has the best nose for our erstwhile prey. It seems like he may be our Leader. But if you want to handle tactics master Durak, you are welcome to the task. I am somewhat set in my ways but will do my best to cooperate and oblige.". When he has finished with the book, Tyral will stow it in his dimensional pocket-satchel.


Durak looked shocked; he’d been part of the Red Brigade, so this level of indiscipline was foreign to him; even growing up, his family were part of the Brigade; compared to them, he was ill-disciplined, but next to these people, he was positively rigid.

During the training, some of the recruits couldn’t handle the pressure. That’s why the Sergeant was always there to keep them in line. They expected the new recruits might break and therefore needed to coral them back into line.

"Lets settle for actually talking to one another before we do something just in case we end up causing a cave in or something that could have been avoided." he delicately placed the letters in one of the pockets of his apron. Somebody had to at least try and he had been in the Red Brigade. Doubt it will be easy though

"Do you have a lot of destructive magic?" he made a big hand gesture to signify what he meant, "or is it more subtle such as Sil's?"


"Fox, if you want to scout ahead with Brago, that's fine with me. Don't stray too far ahead and avoid trouble. Come straight back to the group if you spot anything." Durak tried his hand at orders, figuring it was best to try it with something simple and see how it went.

Erva wrote:The movement is about 300 feet ahead of the group, moving at an angle both towards them but not in their direction. They are moving towards a dark fissure that the group can see, but none can see what is within the fissure. The path below is easy to navigate with the map and the visible target, how does the group proceed?


"Well, how do we want to proceed?" he asked the rest of the group quietly, trying not to draw the attention of those ahead with any echoes. "We could sneak up on them, just charge straight in or follow them for a bit?" He looked around, trying to get his bearings and where they were going. Hopefully this group will actually decide to talk rather than just blunder in this time.

OOC Comments
Underground Sense of Direction 56% 1d100 = 64 FAIL
Underground Tunnelling 56% (+5%) 1d100 = 66 FAIL
Underground Architecture 46% (+5% 1d100 = 16 PASS
Approximately where are they in conjunction with the city above? where approximately does the fissure lead and what made the fissure?
Prowl 51% 1d100 = 97
Last edited by Durak on Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
HP 37
SDC 48
Cloak of protection AR13 SDC 200

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft, Tongues: Gives the wearer the ability to understand and speak any language at 98%, Truesight: The wearer of this ring sees through magical and psionic illusions, and drug induced hallucinations (half the usual penalties). In addition, the wearer is not hindered by magical or non-magical darkness, and can see the invisible.
+2 to all saving throws

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Zephyr » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:05 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 18+3=21
JiC: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 66
Skills
Wilderness Survival: 1d100 = 38/65%
Intelligence: 1d100 = 40/50%
Prowl: 1d100 = 6/50%
Concealment: 1d100 = 89/40%
Surveillance: 1d100 = 74/30%


Upon examination of the book, Zephyr will relay the discovery to those who do not know. "This is a Book of Secrets, the serpents on the front are meant to guard the secrets held within though this book seems dormant. When we have the time, one of us, perhaps Tyral, should attempt to activate it." Zephyr states, recommending Tyral as the elf is the most versatile and experienced mage in their party. Such a book does nothing for my work, I do not use rituals or invocations. It would be better suited with another. Zephyr remarks internally.

Durak wrote:"Do you have a lot of destructive magic?" ... "or is it more subtle such as Sil's?"

Zephyr motions his head briefly, "I do not presume to know the full range of Tyral's abilities; I have a fair range between subtle and destructive within my Life Sign. I also do agree, it would be beneficial to talk between each other instead of being so independent."

Tyral and Zephyr are both able to see a glint of shine from deep inside the cavern that looks like movement with a torch, though they are all too far to view it exactly.

Zephyr looks ahead in the cavern and glances to Gale then the group, the Phantom still pulling the rear. "There is a flicker of light ahead of us, I believe it could be a torch. I am sending Gale ahead of us, in this cavern it will be be able to remain completely unnoticed from most. Its presence will not give our position away either. I can also aid those in the group to pass through this cavern silently in the air, should we wish to proceed that route, though the ground path is easy to navigate as well. We should move quickly, but with caution."

Zephyr then turns to Gale, "Move ahead of us towards the movement, remain as high in the cavern as you can to avoid any detection. If you are detected, move out in the other direction and circle back to us when it is safe. You can use a Phantom to distract and invade if need be. Barring your discovery, return to us with the group make up and direction. If you face death, you are released." Zephyr states and makes preparations to transport as many of the group as he can with his Fly as an Eagle spell.

Gale
Perception: 1d20 = 16
JiC: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 48

Gale will do as instructed and try its best to remain undetected.
Zephyr The Wind Mage
Important Details
P.P.E.: 200/200 | I.S.P.: 47/47| H.P.: 53/53| S.D.C.: 32/32

Conditions: Immediately sense fellow Warlock/Elemental, Sixth Sense (2), Mind Block (4)

Armor: Studded Leather Armor | A.R.: 13 | S.D.C.: 38/38 | Modifiers: -5% mobility penalty
Cloak of Armor (over Studded Leather)| A.R. 14 | S.D.C.: 50/50 | Excellent Mobility, Magical SDC/AR

Weapon: Quaterstaff | Damage: 2d6 | Modifiers: +2 Strike, +1 Initiative, +1 Parry
Light Arbalest | Range: 150' | Damage: 1d6 | RoF: APR | Payload: 1 | Modifiers: None | Quarrel: 24/24+1 bolts


Mount: Bellator the War Horse (See Equipment for Combat Data) | S.D.C.: 45/45 | H.P.: 34/34 | APR: 3

Elemental: Minor Air Elemental [Summoned](See here) | H.P.: 190/190 | S.D.C.: 220/220 | P.P.E.: 300/300
Phantom [None Summoned](See here) | | H.P.: 60/60| S.D.C.: 30/30 | P.P.E.: 100/100 | Duration: 75minutes


"Thinking inside my head"
"Speaking Out Loud." Speaking Eastern
"Speaking Out Loud." Speaking Elven Code: 800080
"Speaking Telepathically as allowed." Code: 0000FF
"Speaking Elemental." Code: 008000
User avatar
Zephyr
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:30 am
Location: Palladium

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Silhouette » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:45 pm

jic: 1d20 = 1 1d100 = 16
Perception: 1d20+11 = 25

Prowl: 87% / 1d100 = 99 1d100 = 97 1d100 = 63

Status: Enhanced Perception Power active (See block at bottom) Armor of Ithan; 170 SDC (AR 18)
JIC: Dodges: 1d20+11 = 26 1d20+11 = 20 1d20+11 = 30 1d20+11 = 21 1d20+11 = 30 1d20+11 = 12

Contingency: Since she is clutzing her way through prowling she will use Chameleon from the Guild Cloak to try and mitigate attention, hopefully she can hide again due a high perception(hopefully). She will float to a ceiling obstruction of line of sight if she can and hold still to let chameleon do it's magic.


Grouching to herself due the serpent book's hidden words the changeling looks to Durak regarding his wish to know the contents as she shrugs,"Have to find the owner to touch it or...' She draws a finger across her throat sticking her tongue out making a noise,"'Hiiiithk."

Nodding knowingly she thinks"Since he tried to kill us, in a way." Then answers,"Or being dead lets us read it." Shaking her head she tells Durak still feeling reticent to share her magic knowledge,"Well, uhm... Tyral and I." Lighting up she jokes,"Hey, Tyral and I agree on something! We both think more around a problem than straight into it. We do not do the blow it up thing so much." Phantom elbowing Tyral from a distance she asks the elf,"Right?"

Smiling cheerfully she answers the dwarf's desire for communication,"Sneaking in is just the smart thing to do. Though after, uh, let me guess?" Pointing at Tatyana the changeling forsaken mage continues giving Tats throwing stars a wistful glance,"She will charge while throwing things, you will throw things, Mr. Tyral will telekinesis something, Fox will, well fox, and I..." Smiling even wider she adds,"I'm going to, hmm."

Pausing in her words Silhouette's eyes dart side to side as she realizes she doesn't know. Tapping a finger on her lips she gestures at Durak as she crouches down as if he were a child and she were consoling him in a high cheery voice,"I will stick with you and Tyral and poke bad people with my bow." Nodding as she say so she pulls her bow out of her backpack, strings it, and unties her arrows where they make a gentle threshing sound as she moves putting the bow over her head left shoulder to right hip for use later.

Looking to the others she raises her eyebrows at Zephyr as she remarks on his words,"Flying?" Even though her thoughts are screaming,"FLYING, FLYING! YEAH!" Whispering happily she nods,"Well?" She will accept any spell cast by Zephyr and then state to the others beaming at the loftiness of flight,"My task now, is to scout ahead." Focusing her attentions to the crevices in the walls and the curves of the ceiling, where people always forget to look since they walk along the ground as she adds while departing,"Listen for my thoughts or...screams and dying if it goes badly." Flying off at half speed she can be heard muttering something about hoping for the former a great deal over the later as she casts Armor of Ithan on herself.


Activates Psychic Power:
Enhanced Perception
ISP: (10) (Rifter 25 pg 78)
Range: Self
Duration: Five minutes per level of experience. This incredible psionic power augments the psychic's physical senses, enhancing his perception. This enhanced state of awareness sharpens all natural senses by 50%, and further enables the psychic to "filter" all of this extra sensory input in order
to concentrate on one or a few specific things. While using this ability, the psychic will notice every detail around him down to the slightest motion, sound, scent, and shadow. He will further be likely to notice changes and inconsistencies that might reveal traps, illusions, feints, or tricks (including
sleight-of-hand, etc.).

Bonuses:+3 to Perception, +1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, and a +10% to any skill that relies on any of the basic senses (such as Intelligence, Tracking, or certain Physical skills like Juggling or Prowl).
Last edited by Silhouette on Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 82/164 | I.S.P.: 30/58 | H.P.: 45/45(Temp: 5) | S.D.C.:42/45(Temp: 7)
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see special abilities); Guild Ring(see in dark/magical;see invis)
Armor: Superior Hard Leather: AR 11; 50/50 S.D.C| Modifiers: na
Idrantine Bracelet: PPE: 60/140; ISP: 47 /100
Weapon: Lucky-Unlucky dagger in belt sheath; Dwarven daggers x 2 in boots; Throwing daggers(4): outside boots;inside sleeve; Vladimir's Bone Staff
Back(shoulder): Ranir Bow, Short | Range: 454' | Damage: 2d6+5 | RoF: APR | Quiver: 20/20 Arrows
(Other items in backpack)
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Fox » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:26 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 2
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 15
JIC: 1d20 = 7
JIC%: 1d100 = 80

Fox comments, "I am not exactly helpless you know. I made it across a good portion of the Old Kingdom alone. Granted I lack offensive magic, but I can take care of myself. I also have my share of magical items recently acquired."

Kankoran are like many other smaller species, a bit prickly about being discounted. Granted, they are mostly small when compared to other Canids, they are not small when compared to human females for example. Still, he does have skills, he does have magic, and he does have his mind powers.

Speaking of mind powers, he can tell his mind powers are expanding, he has a new trail inside is mind to explore when he has time, but he does not yet where it leads. In the midst of action is scarcely the place to explore it though...not unless he REALLY needs to.

What he does have...is the ability to Float. That and all the things on his magic items. Floating can be a very handy ability, you do not leave tracks, you do not set off most traps, you do not need to worry about whether the surface below you is water or acid or lava (though the heat from the lava will likely bake you), and you do not have to worry about falling.

He has always been pretty good at stealth, so if he uses his floating ability with the camouflage ability of his cloak, he might be very difficult to notice.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 28% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 38% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 96/120 | H.P.: 36/36 | S.D.C.: 26/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Tyral » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:22 am

Perception [+3]: 1d20+3 = 20
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 7
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 66

PPE: 195/213
Bracelet PPE: 120/120
SDC: 43/43
HP: 42/42

Conditions: Nightvision: 60' [30' in unnatural Magic Darkness], Spell Strength of 15, Tongues [constant] & Truesight [Sees through Magical and Psionic illusions, Not Affected by Magical or Non-Magical Darkness, and can See Invisible], Bracelet [½ PPE cost for Spells], Chameleon (32.00 Min)

The colorshifting/chameleon form of Tyral offers response to Durak's inquiry of his magical focus with a grin, "I prefer the subtler arts, shifting the balance of foes unexpectedly when they find their weapons to be heavier than their wielders are normally, or they find themselves weightless and susceptible to being thrown a great distance ... although I have several of the more -direct spells if the needs arise. I can toss a fireball or lightning spell ... " he responds to Silhouette's finding them comparable, "I suppose that is true enough Silhouette ... "

The Elf turns to Zephyr (though this may be difficult to tell with Chameleon), "Flight? I can handle myself and Brago if that route is necessary, but I hesitate to expend too much of our energy too quickly here. Otherwise we could meet up without the tools to trim back this Hedge ... hehehe although Durak's axe may be plenty capable." If the plan seems to be to sneak/fly above these folks and advance to get a better look he will cast Fly as the Eagle 2x on himself and his familiar (25 PPE, 160.00 Min)

Glancing at the Kankor-Kobold, Tyral's brows knit momentarily, "She is not discounting you Fox, she was essentially prompting you to advise what you feel comfortable with. You arrive late to the game. Last night we fought demons and monsters. You showed up afterwards and healed people. Without knowledge of other capabilities, any directives given would be based on assumptions ..."

BRAGO
Perception [+1]: 1d20+1 = 12
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 19
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 19

Conditions: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral (600'), Enhanced Healing, Impervious to Natural Fire, Track by Smell 90%, Prowl 60%

Prowl 60%: 1d100 = 81
Track by Smell 90%: 1d100 = 2
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Environmental Robe [Grey with Dark Green trim], Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Guild Rings of the Merchant Adventurer [Tongues/Vision Augmentation]
Weapons: Dwarven Quarterstaff [2d6, +2 Parry]

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Erva » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:09 pm

Time and Date: 8:00pm, 4/4/345
Conditions: Stale air, no breeze. The sound of water can be heard below. Abnormally dark.


Sticking to ease of passage while being cautious with their abilities, the group treks it down on food, only the elemental taking flight. The pathway is clear however does not lead directly to the cave where the movement entered. Everyone in the group could see the torch vanish through the cave as they got closer and they found themselves near another cave that seemed to lead in the right direction. It was at this point that Gale, the elemental, returned to Zephyr with news from the nearest them. "Brother, some of those you have traveled with recently are further down in the cavern. They entered the cave, this passage leads to the same chamber at an elevated position. There is great evil in this room." The elemental warns his brother and, by proxy, the group.

Trekking quietly inside the entrance, they find themselves traveling a narrow passageway the opens up to the right, with roughly a 50 foot drop down the cavern floor below. Everyone notices that the room ahead has a golden hue to it as they near, it is a large fountain of gold and other treasures. Silhouette notices the golden coin that seems to roll down the pile of treasure unprovoked, as if the pile was moved from the other side but even with all of their eyes, no one can see behind the pile of gold. The darkness behind it is unnatural and the guild's rings seem to be useless against it.
Gold
Image

As they near the edge, everyone can identify their fellows plus one, Zephyr and Tyral can safely assume to be Linden Durante, the contact from the Skadge. Surrounding their allies are about 10 prisoners and one dark knight. It is then they hear the dark knight speak in a ghastly voice, "Warriors do not hide -- you have intruded upon my mission twice. For that, I must spill your blood." as it turns to personally face their allies, it draws an ethereal dark blade. Before anyone on the ledge can react, the knight unleashes a blast of magical energy that collapses the path behind their allies. So far as they can tell, the group on the ledge has remained undiscovered.

Begin, Round 1
Sixth Sense Conditions Active

Combat Map
Image
"There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. Through knowledge, they gain opinions. Through opinions, they wage wars. Through wars, knowledge dies and ignorance is reborn. Through ignorance, mortals remain the slaves of knowledge, and are masters of nothing."


Player Characters: Echo (Spook Squad)
User avatar
Erva
Game Master
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:43 pm
Location: Realm of the Old Ones

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Durak » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:41 am

Perception 1d20+4 = 24
JIC 1d20 = 7 1d100 = 37
Initiative 1d20 = 14
APM 5


Before the party went on their way, Durak listened to Sil and Tyral actually agree. He was almost bowled over in shock; “Will wonders never cease, the two of you agreed on something.” Durak grinned, “might be hope for you both yet.

He was somewhat irritated with Sil seemingly treating him like a child, but considering they were in the middle of a potentially dangerous situation, he let it slide mostly as to not cause a proble.

"I was a member of the Red brigade. Trust me, I know how to fight. Either you fight or you die." He unslung his axe and hefted it in front of him, "and I don't intend to die."

Erva wrote:Sticking to ease of passage while being cautious with their abilities, the group treks it down on food, only the elemental taking flight. The pathway is clear however does not lead directly to the cave where the movement entered. Everyone in the group could see the torch vanish through the cave as they got closer and they found themselves near another cave that seemed to lead in the right direction. It was at this point that Gale, the elemental, returned to Zephyr with news from the nearest them. "Brother, some of those you have traveled with recently are further down in the cavern. They entered the cave, this passage leads to the same chamber at an elevated position. There is great evil in this room." The elemental warns his brother and, by proxy, the group.



Interesting, the other group had made their way down here. Certainly more than one entrance then. Might not have to return via the lock.

As they arrived, he was surprised to see the mound of gold on display.

Erva wrote:Trekking quietly inside the entrance, they find themselves traveling a narrow passageway the opens up to the right, with roughly a 50 foot drop down the cavern floor below. Everyone notices that the room ahead has a golden hue to it as they near, it is a large fountain of gold and other treasures. Silhouette notices the golden coin that seems to roll down the pile of treasure unprovoked, as if the pile was moved from the other side but even with all of their eyes, no one can see behind the pile of gold. The darkness behind it is unnatural and the guild's rings seem to be useless against it.


Lots of gold here. That doesn't bode well, a mound of gold normally means dragon. Not good, not good at all. Do we stay and fight or do we get the other son here and run?

Erva wrote:As they near the edge, everyone can identify their fellows plus one, Zephyr and Tyral can safely assume to be Linden Durante, the contact from the Skadge. Surrounding their allies are about 10 prisoners and one dark knight. It is then they hear the dark knight speak in a ghastly voice, "Warriors do not hide -- you have intruded upon my mission twice. For that, I must spill your blood." as it turns to personally face their allies, it draws an ethereal dark blade. Before anyone on the ledge can react, the knight unleashes a blast of magical energy that collapses the path behind their allies. So far as they can tell, the group on the ledge has remained undiscovered.


Everybody in danger, but we have the element of surprise still. Maybe I can bring this place down on the enemy and get the others out.

OOC Comments
Attacks to follow
Attack 1 - Masonry 51% 1d100 = 73
Underground Architecture 46% 1d100 = 79 - can he spot a stalactite that could be brought crashing down on the Soulhunter
rest to follow


Doesn't look like anything suitable, best to....

And off goes Fox. First fight and already going off and doing their own thing.

"Flank them from up here, provide covering fire for the people down below. Aim for those not in combat first. Tyral, you and I concentrate on their leader down there. Sil, you help take out the others and watch out for whatever is in that darkness." Durak ordered, hoping they would listen to him.

OOC Comments
Throwing Haarlbrax at the Soulhunter, but switching to the prisoners if somebody engages the soulhunter HTH, aiming first for those not in combat.

attacks 2-5
USe guild cape to make myself immune to horror factor
1d20+4 = 7 4d6+7 = 29
1d20+4 = 22 4d6+7 = 26
1d20+4 = 17 4d6+7 = 17
1d20+4 = 5 4d6+7 = 17

If anything comes up and attacks us on the ledge, parry and attack them to cover the others.
1d20+6 = 8 4d6+7 = 21
1d20+6 = 19 4d6+7 = 23
1d20+6 = 10 4d6+7 = 21
1d20+6 = 18 4d6+7 = 23
1d20+6 = 23 4d6+7 = 24

parry rolls
1d20+7 = 17
1d20+7 = 14
1d20+7 = 21
1d20+7 = 12
1d20+7 = 12
Last edited by Durak on Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
HP 37
SDC 48
Cloak of protection AR13 SDC 200

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft, Tongues: Gives the wearer the ability to understand and speak any language at 98%, Truesight: The wearer of this ring sees through magical and psionic illusions, and drug induced hallucinations (half the usual penalties). In addition, the wearer is not hindered by magical or non-magical darkness, and can see the invisible.
+2 to all saving throws

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Fox » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:27 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 17
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 16
JIC: 1d20 = 18
JIC%: 1d100 = 65

Fox sees the other below and knows what he needs to do, First, he uses his mind magic, enabling him to float in air. Second, he pulls out his wand, holding it in his left hand. Third, he draws his magic sword and uses it to turn himself invisible. Invisible and silent because he is not touching anything, he dives over the edge to get down to the others, where he can use his wand to cast Superhuman Strength on whoever is battling this fearsome foe. Unfortunately the spell has a range of touch, or he would cast it from here.

Once he is down with the others, he will touch Thor with the wand to grant him increased strength.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 28% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 38% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 96/120 | H.P.: 36/36 | S.D.C.: 26/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Tyral » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:42 am

OOC: Can we please get a bit more description on the Cavern? Are we at its top in elevation-wise? Or 1/2 way up? Can we get a gauge on the width of the chasm (black bar between the pile of gold and the fight), or a scale for the overlying squares? (5'? 15'?)

Perception [+3]: 1d20+3 = 17
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 15 (vs HF +4)
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 60

PPE: 195/213 (-33 = 162)
Bracelet PPE: 120/120
SDC: 43/43
HP: 42/42

Conditions: Nightvision: 60' [30' in unnatural Magic Darkness], Spell Strength of 15, Tongues [constant] & Truesight [Sees through Magical and Psionic illusions, Not Affected by Magical or Non-Magical Darkness, and can See Invisible], Bracelet [½ PPE cost for Spells], Fly as the Eagle (160.00 Min, +2 Dodge, 50 MPH), Invisibility: Simple (24.00 Min)

After over 1/2 and hour-glass ofwalking through the oppressive subterranean labyrinth Tyral is taken by surprise as they find themselves on a ledge miraculously overlooking a battle between their erstwhile guild-mates last seen at the Pier, and a curious group below. The Wizard surveys the scene trying to determine the nature of the large armored figure with its magically summoned blade, Lore: Demons & Monsters 82%: 1d100 = 34 to try and identify, its nature, and any weaknesses.

As a precaution, he will cast Fly as the Eagle 2x on himself and his familiar (25 PPE, 160.00 Min), then Invisibility (3 PPE, 24.00 Min) before flight out to hover just-south of the NW Pillar (white circle? If this is inaccurate please advise)) about 20' off the ground. This, ideally will give him continued cover, as those in melee combat seldom check the skies when there is are axe-wielding barbarians charging their way.

APM: 5
Initiative: 1d20 = 18

1) Evaluate scene (Skill check)
2-3) Cast Flight Spells on Self and Brago (-25 PPE
4) Cast Invisibility: Simple on Self (-3 PPE, 24.00 Min) and fly/reposition
5) Cast Wrapshadow on Armored figure (Soulhunter?) -5 PPE Wrapshadow (Successful Save can break free in 1d4 Rounds, 32 Melees, 1d4 Damage Per Round wrapped-up, Lib of Bletherad, Pg 79)


BRAGO
Perception [+1]: 1d20+1 = 15
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 9
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 55

Conditions: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral (600'), Enhanced Healing, Impervious to Natural Fire, Track by Smell 90%, Prowl 60%, Fly as the Eagle (160.00 Min), Armor of Ithan (6.00 Min, AR 18, SDC 160)

Prowl 60%: 1d100 = 100
Track by Smell 90%: 1d100 = 45

Brago sniffs at the air and the trail he's been following trying to determine if this is where the Hedge summoner's trail leads, to a cliff-side in a cavern over-looking a pile of gold. Sensing Tyral's intent to intervene somehow, Brago moves to his Wizard's side just ahead of being imbued with the capacity for flight, then engages his Collar's protective enchantment (Armor of Ithan, 1st charge)
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Environmental Robe [Grey with Dark Green trim], Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Guild Rings of the Merchant Adventurer [Tongues/Vision Augmentation]
Weapons: Dwarven Quarterstaff [2d6, +2 Parry]

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Zephyr » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:08 am

Perception: 1d20 = 14+3
JiC: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 56
Skills
Lore, Demons and Monsters: 1d100 = 3/60%
Lore, Magic: 1d100 = 54/55%
Intelligence: 1d100 = 3/50%
Surveillance: 1d100 = 21/30%


"Brother, some of those you have traveled with recently are further down in the cavern. They entered the cave, this passage leads to the same chamber at an elevated position. There is great evil in this room."


Zephyr nods to his elemental and looks to the group to ensure they all received the message before picking up his pace. When they arrive in the cavern, near the golden hue he is almost in awe for a moment. I've never seen such riches in such a place. This doesn't make sense... and why can't I see beyond it? the warlock thinks to himself as he spots the group below them. He spots the crew and recognizes Linden Durante but his eyes lock on the dark knight when it speaks to his allies down below. Before Zephyr can react to aid his allies, the magical blast locks them down below them with no easy way up. He turns to his elemental. "Brother, go and aid my allies down below as if they were me. Identify Predat, Sera, Thorgrim, Trask plus a new ally, Linden. Currently surrounded by ragtag prisoners and a dark knight. Protect my allies. If you near death, release."

"Flank them from up here, provide covering fire for the people down below. Aim for those not in combat first. Tyral, you and I concentrate on their leader down there. Sil, you help take out the others and watch out for whatever is in that darkness."

Zephyr glances at Durak and offers the dwarf a smile, "I shall flank them with an assault, and my elemental brother is off to aid them with the dark knight."


Combat
APM: 5
Initiative: 1d20 = 8+6

Action 1: Activate Fly as Eagle on self and personal barrier from the scarf. S.D.C. 150, Flight (+4 Dodge in air)
Action 2: Fly high, overlook the whole scene and get a good view before activating Handful of Lightning (20PPE) and firing at either the Soulhunter or the closest, unattended prisoner. (Saving throw Dodge w/ 24), DMG: 6d6+12 = 27
Action 3: Launch another at Soulhunter or largest threat. Saving throw Dodge w/ 24, DMG: 6d6+12 = 31
Action 4: Launch another at Soulhunter or largest threat. Saving throw Dodge w/ 24, DMG: 6d6+12 = 39
Action 5: Use his cloak to cast Invisibility on himself.


Elemental
Gale Perception: 1d20 = 2
JiC: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 63

Gale will follow instruction and move to engage the dark knight.

APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20 = 8+3

Action 1: Activate Lightning Fist and engage the Soulhunter in hand to hand. Strike: 1d20+5 = 19DMG: 8d6+17 = 47
Action 2: Continue attacking. Strike: 1d20+5 = 16DMG: 8d6+17 = 40
Action 3: Continue attacking. Strike: 1d20+5 = 23DMG: 8d6+17 = 50
Action 4: Continue attacking. Strike: 1d20+5 = 11DMG: 8d6+17 = 49
Action 5: Continue attacking. Strike: 1d20+5 = 19DMG: 8d6+17 = 49
Action 6: Continue attacking. Strike: 1d20+5 = 21DMG: 8d6+17 = 55
Zephyr The Wind Mage
Important Details
P.P.E.: 200/200 | I.S.P.: 47/47| H.P.: 53/53| S.D.C.: 32/32

Conditions: Immediately sense fellow Warlock/Elemental, Sixth Sense (2), Mind Block (4)

Armor: Studded Leather Armor | A.R.: 13 | S.D.C.: 38/38 | Modifiers: -5% mobility penalty
Cloak of Armor (over Studded Leather)| A.R. 14 | S.D.C.: 50/50 | Excellent Mobility, Magical SDC/AR

Weapon: Quaterstaff | Damage: 2d6 | Modifiers: +2 Strike, +1 Initiative, +1 Parry
Light Arbalest | Range: 150' | Damage: 1d6 | RoF: APR | Payload: 1 | Modifiers: None | Quarrel: 24/24+1 bolts


Mount: Bellator the War Horse (See Equipment for Combat Data) | S.D.C.: 45/45 | H.P.: 34/34 | APR: 3

Elemental: Minor Air Elemental [Summoned](See here) | H.P.: 190/190 | S.D.C.: 220/220 | P.P.E.: 300/300
Phantom [None Summoned](See here) | | H.P.: 60/60| S.D.C.: 30/30 | P.P.E.: 100/100 | Duration: 75minutes


"Thinking inside my head"
"Speaking Out Loud." Speaking Eastern
"Speaking Out Loud." Speaking Elven Code: 800080
"Speaking Telepathically as allowed." Code: 0000FF
"Speaking Elemental." Code: 008000
User avatar
Zephyr
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:30 am
Location: Palladium

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Silhouette » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:49 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 16 1d100 = 11
Perc: 1d20+11 = 24

Active Effects: Armor of Ithan AR18, 170 SDC;
Enhanced Perception
ISP: (10) (Rifter 25 pg 78)
Range: Self
Duration: Five minutes per level of experience. This incredible psionic power augments the psychic's physical senses, enhancing his perception. This enhanced state of awareness sharpens all natural senses by 50%, and further enables the psychic to "filter" all of this extra sensory input in order
to concentrate on one or a few specific things. While using this ability, the psychic will notice every detail around him down to the slightest motion, sound, scent, and shadow. He will further be likely to notice changes and inconsistencies that might reveal traps, illusions, feints, or tricks (including
sleight-of-hand, etc.).

Bonuses:+3 to Perception, +1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, and a +10% to any skill that relies on any of the basic senses (such as Intelligence, Tracking, or certain Physical skills like Juggling or Prowl).



Looking from Fox to Tyral and back to Fox the forsaken mage nods and points at the elf with a tiny smile that they were on the same page in this,"He knows."

Leading the way Silhouette's jaw slowly falls open as her muscles slacken in awe upon the golden piles glorious vision, though her awe is quickly overshadowed by a hot-cold dread that crawls from her toes to the top of her head the same way when her Tutor caught her doing wrong even as the black clad mountain of a warrior blasts the walls with destructive magic.

Shutting her mouth she looks to the others and back at the pile with a snap of her head thinking she saw the flash reflecting upon the gold, but a moment later she is certain as she watches the golden pip travel down,"Yes, that is falling from the top..." Tracking the coin as it makes its descent Silhouette waves her hand in a come hither to gather her allies attention.

Whispering she informs,"There is something behind that gold coming for us..." While pulling the hem of the green cloak closer from under her shadowy one her expression darkens in thought,"Of course the blast could have moved the gold pile." Compelled by her thoughts she reaches out touching folks as if someone in a dream making sure they were all real while she mumbles words of magic.

Swiping Fox, Durak, and Zephyr she puts Armor of Ithan on all three, just missing Tyral, though she knows he can cast the same spell. True to her words she follows the protective magic with a helping of Fleet Feet upon Durak as Fox scampers off invisibly to where ever he may be going.

Watching that pile and the impenetrable darkness behind it she was certain to her bones of her feeling,"It was going to come for them." For good measure she activates the Chameleon magic of the cloak while moving herself slowly to have the wall at her back waiting to find out if she should use her bow or the stave in her hands.

Combat:
Init: 1d20+10 = 23
Movement: Can move 39 feet per action/ 270 feet each melee
Sixth Sense Bonuses +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.

Actions: 7
1: Whispering,"There is something behind that gold coming for us..." Activates Impervious to Fire on Guild Cloak.
2: Armor of ithan (AR18, 170 SDC) (-12 PPE Bracelet PPE) Fox
3: Armor of ithan (AR18, 170 SDC) (-12 PPE Bracelet PPE) Durak
4: Armor of ithan (AR18, 170 SDC) (-12 PPE Bracelet PPE) Zephyr
5-6: Fleet Feet (-24 PPE, bracelet PPE) Durak
7: Activating Chameleon of Guild Cloak; Moving to put back to wall facing the gold/darkness
JIC Dodge: 1d20+14 = 20 1d20+14 = 32 1d20+14 = 28 1d20+14 = 26
JIC Parry: 1d20+14 = 17 1d20+14 = 34 1d20+14 = 34 1d20+14 = 25
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 82/164 | I.S.P.: 30/58 | H.P.: 45/45(Temp: 5) | S.D.C.:42/45(Temp: 7)
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see special abilities); Guild Ring(see in dark/magical;see invis)
Armor: Superior Hard Leather: AR 11; 50/50 S.D.C| Modifiers: na
Idrantine Bracelet: PPE: 60/140; ISP: 47 /100
Weapon: Lucky-Unlucky dagger in belt sheath; Dwarven daggers x 2 in boots; Throwing daggers(4): outside boots;inside sleeve; Vladimir's Bone Staff
Back(shoulder): Ranir Bow, Short | Range: 454' | Damage: 2d6+5 | RoF: APR | Quiver: 20/20 Arrows
(Other items in backpack)
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Erva » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:39 pm

Time and Date: 8:15pm, 4/4/345
Conditions: Dangerous, the air is dry, hot and stale.
End Round 1, Round 2
Spells and other timed effects are only down 15 seconds, one full round.


In but an instant...
Zephyr and Tyral take to the air while Durak surveys the rock formations and Fox moves to aid the ones below. Silhouette takes to her gut feeling and casts her defensive magic while placing her back to the wall. Tyral and Zephyr are able to survey the room without resistance at first, noting that there is a large, 20-30 foot wide chasm that splits the room in half horizontally, with the gold on the other side. The darkness beyond the gold is not natural darkness as both of them can see the texture of rock and gold behind it. There are also several drop offs on the ground floor, roughly 50 feet below them where the other half of the crew is fighting. On the other side of the room is a rock shelf that goes over the chasm and connects the two sides though the chasm runs underneath it. It could not endure much of a beating but could easily offer safe movement to the other side. Fox is able to quickly and silently fly down there and grant superhuman strength to Thorgrim before retreating back to the top with his casters and support. Down below, the group watches as Predat, Trask and Sera quickly dispatch all of the prisoners in but a few well placed strikes while Thorgrim and Linden charge the dark knight directly. Tyral mentally slaps himself for not recognizing the dark knight as a Soulhunter sooner; the demonic enforcers of dark gods and deevils. They are weaker to magic and psionics than physical battle, their nearly impossible to defeat in hand to hand and possess potent magic and mental abilities of their own, though it varies. The sword summoned is their trademark shadow rune blade, meant for soul capturing and is bound to the hunter.

Durak is not able to notice any stalactite that would be worthy of dropping on the enemies, he does however notice something perplexing. The ceiling of this chasm is extremely smooth and he can almost make out ridge marks or burns on the ceiling. His eyes lead him to the ground which is also extra smooth and orderly, as if it sees much more traffic than such a cave should. As he looks back up, his eyes cross paths with the elemental that Zephyr has sent to aid his allies. The elemental is about halfway down to the crew below before a column of dark fire cuts through the air and splashing on the wall near the entrance, the fire extinguishing the elemental almost immediately. The burst of flames came from the darkness and was gone as soon as it appeared.

Everyone was able to see the flash of fire erupt and carve a swath into the wall, leaving nothing more than a wisp were the elemental once was -- Only Zephyr and Durak are able to notice the elemental's disappearance. To Durak's eyes, it is as though the eruption killed the elemental but Zephyr knows that his elemental released before the damage killed it.

Silhouette, who has not taken her eyes off the unnatural darkness suddenly regrets not diverting her eyes. Right as the fire erupts, Silhouette alone sees its source and her eyes meet the dark outline of a dragon staring back at her before it disappears back into the darkness.
What Silhouette Sees
Image


Suddenly, a low rumble is heard from beyond the gold as the darkness rescinds to show everyone the beast before them. Silhouette and Durak both notice that the Soulhunter down below has vanished as the dragon shows itself.

Do not reply. Please respond to this thread.
"There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. Through knowledge, they gain opinions. Through opinions, they wage wars. Through wars, knowledge dies and ignorance is reborn. Through ignorance, mortals remain the slaves of knowledge, and are masters of nothing."


Player Characters: Echo (Spook Squad)
User avatar
Erva
Game Master
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:43 pm
Location: Realm of the Old Ones

Previous

Return to Fantasy Adventures

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest