Group 2: The Mysteries

Only adventured-related threads are found here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Group 2: The Mysteries

Postby Durak » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:30 am

Rolls carried

Zephyr wrote:Zephyr's usually candid smile fades at the mention of the Warlock's body down below and shakes his head softly. "Thank you for helping determine the fate, Durak. I apologize if Gale was unorthodox in its method of helping you, I gave him fairly vague orders. It is a pleasure to know both you and Silhouette are unharmed. Come, let us move to the study, we have gained access to the tunnel largely due to Master Tyral." Zephyr states.

“Well, I must admit, I’ve never flown before and not sure that really counted either,” Durak picked himself off the floor, soaking wet from the waste down, with water dripping off him all over from water splashing around during the fight and repairs, “However, Gale saved my life, so I am not going to complain about a bit of being dropped on the floor.”

"Do you have many more of Gale or similar in service to you?" He asked Zephyr, wanting to know the secret, but at the same time the capabilities of his team, whilst he started to wring out his cloaks, squeezing them as water poured out of the soaking wet material onto the floor, all the while hiding that his heart was still pounding from the attack down below. He wasn’t going to admit to weakness in front on an elf.

Zephyr wrote:After Durak's harrowing ordeal and when they return to the study, Zephyr points out the two Golems to Silhouette and Durak. "Careful around these two, they are currently inactive but could be a nuisance later." Zephyr remarks, moving past the door to his Phantom guarding the tunnel. In an errie wisp of a language, Zephyr addresses his elemental brother. "Go forth into the tunnel and scout ahead. We are looking for signs of recent activity or movement; especially if humanoid or bipedal in nature. Pick a path down the catacombs, do not engage anything you find but instead return to me."To the Phantom, Zephyr looks and orders, "Water over this tunnel entrance, if it closes or anyone follows us through, report to me immediately for any further instructions. If at any point you cannot make it back to me and are in danger of death, you are released. Before you release, if needed, send me a Whisper on the wind so I am aware and then return home." Zephyr states, giving the elemental fragment a release condition.

Tyral wrote:He listens first to Zephyr giving directions in Elemental, then to the Warlock's translation, "Aye. The rings translate everything. So no need to say everything twice I suppose hehe. If we have an enemy ear, they might get the translation."

That was disconcerting to Durak; he knew Zephyr must be speaking in a different language to the elementals, but it was weird that he could understand it, useful because nobody could hide from him by switching to a different tongue and worrying because there were some things he did not want to be able to understand.

“Does this ring mean we can understand demons and animals?” he asked the rest of the group, “is that why we can understand Brago? Or does the ring require some form of higher intelligence and coherent thought?”

Tyral wrote:Tyral observes the return of the 1/2 sopping Dwarf in his likely soaked boots and wet pants, **That doesn't seem likely to be comfortable. And we don't need him leaving wet footprints or squishing as he tromps ... better to help things along.** With that, he reaches out to touch Durak lightly with one finger, and Tatyana with another before whispering the Cleanse spell (-3 P.P.E., 2 people by touch) to hopefully produce 2 dry & relatively clean warriors. "In all honesty, tunnel construction is not my forte. The last Dwarf I knew made sure I was aware of that shortcoming. He would lecture at length about how the seams if joined stone could tell hm tales that these poor book-bound eyes would overlook 8 times in 10 ... hehehe well ... we all have our strengths. "

Tyral touched him with his hand and suddenly Durak was dry. “Heh, that’s easier than a towel,” Durak laughed, “which we don’t have. Must remember to bring one. Should never be without your towel. And thank you.”
I’m thanking an elf, today is becoming particularly strange he mused, next I’ll meet a nice Coyle. No, the Old ones will wake up first before that happens.

"Sounds like that Dwarf knew what he was talking about. However, the usefulness of that knowledge is applying it to the situation at hand. It might tell him something, but not always something relevant to the situation at hand. If it has been made 3000 years ago and the mason was left hand, not generally relevant unless it helps open a door perhaps." Knowledge without use was desirable to Durak, but he didn't feel the need to discuss it with people unless it was relevant.

Zephyr wrote:Zephyr shakes his head, "Not entirely sure. I know the magic used to seal the tunnel was Old Magic, as in Chaos Wars old, but not much else. The Catacombs have existed for many years, so there is a fair chance this tunnel was created to access them. I do not know how or by whom, more may be determined with proper review of the notes." Zephyr says, offering no real answer unfortuntely before adding, "I have sent Gale ahead of us to scout further down, and my Phantom will remain at the door. I say we mush on." Zephyr remarks with an less than real smile. Already more of my brothers and sisters are confirmed dead. How much must my community suffer in this forlorn town. Zephyr muses to himself privately and will, barring anyone stating otherwise, enter the tunnel.

“If I might suggest, Tatyana in her heavy armour goes first. I think I might be the next most heavily armoured, so if I hold the rear, Fox in the centre as he is the healer and probably the squishiest of us, whilst you wizardy types fill in the rest of the space." Durak offered suggestions on a marching order, before considering other possibilities, "of course, if there are traps or other obstructions, then I'll need to be the one to deal with those, so maybe I'll need to be at the front."
HP 32
SDC 46
Cloak of protection AR13 SDC 200

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft, Tongues: Gives the wearer the ability to understand and speak any language at 98%, Truesight: The wearer of this ring sees through magical and psionic illusions, and drug induced hallucinations (half the usual penalties). In addition, the wearer is not hindered by magical or non-magical darkness, and can see the invisible.
+2 to all saving throws

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
Durak

Postby Silhouette » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:59 am

JIC: 1d20 = 20 1d100 = 55
Perc: 1d20+3 = 11

Lore: Magic -- 67% / 1d100 = 24
*Recognize Magic Circles, Runes, Etc -- 57% / 1d100 = 28 (Recognizing the old magic for herself)

As everyone arrives on scene Silhouette jumps in surprise as she hears Tatyana rushing in with the rest of the party in tow before recognizing her distinctive and beautiful pelt. Recognized just ahead of Silhouette ruining it with a sharp knife too. Rolling her head with eyes following to shake off the tension she gasps,"Just seeing what the dwarf is in a fit about...

The tunnel illuminates as electricity interrupts her as she lets out a low sound in realization at the sight of the floating dwarf,"Aaaah, this went a path slight of planned." Shaking her head after Durak floats up to them unscathed as well as to the dwarf pulling the leaver she purses her lips and nods,"Well that is THE lever of course. That I was going to pull."

Dismissing the light she follows back to the study making a mental note to come back sometime and look over the mechanisms with Durak perhaps in tow to explain their functions.

Zephyr:
"Thank you for helping determine the fate, Durak.

Giving a look at Durak and Zephyr the changeling straitens as she adds,"I guessed it was a bod...eey." A lengthy pause follows as she reconnects that it was a warlock and she is talking to Zephyr before she shrugs,"Yeah, so that is not so much an upside, but I told him where to look, right Durak?" Sitting in her own silence she quickly gives a tiny movement of her head answers quietly,"Fiiine. We can count up who helped the most later over dinner."

Zephyr:
"Not entirely sure. I know the magic used to seal the tunnel was Old Magic, as in Chaos Wars old, but not much else. The Catacombs have existed for many years, so there is a fair chance this tunnel was created to access them. I do not know how or by whom, more may be determined with proper review of the notes."

Pondering the statement of Old Magic the forsaken mage looks askance at Zephyr as she reasons,"Llorn is not that old, is it?" Scratching the tip of her nose she gives a prompting look Tyral's way concerning Llorn's history as she asks Zephyr,"So, this Chaos stuff?" More than curious about possible lost magics.

Looking toward the two golems the forsaken mage peers at them ponderously deciding exactly what danger lay in their stated "inactivity" by Zephyr,""Sooo, where is this magic anywho?" Craning her neck she looks to various corners and bookshelves as if trying to catch a glimpse of a celebrity through milling throng.

Durak:
“Does this ring mean we can understand demons and animals?” he asked the rest of the group, “is that why we can understand Brago? Or does the ring require some form of higher intelligence and coherent thought?”

Holding up her finger and tapping the encircling band she puts the dwarf's questions to rest at least knowing this much of the effects purpose,"Mmmm, demon's yes, if they are speaking their tongue. Animals..." Raising her eyebrows she decides to commit to the answer,"No, because, no."

Reaching her hand down as if to pet Brago but finding him too far away she swings her hand instead toward the teenage wolf answering again with a happy tune to her voice because she gets to be helpful,"Uh, nope! Brago is really speaking and these just need words."

Durak:
“If I might suggest, Tatyana in her heavy armour goes first. I think I might be the next most heavily armoured, so if I hold the rear, Fox in the centre as he is the healer and probably the squishiest of us, whilst you wizardy types fill in the rest of the space." Durak offered suggestions on a marching order, before considering other possibilities, "of course, if there are traps or other obstructions, then I'll need to be the one to deal with those, so maybe I'll need to be at the front."

Nodding emphatically Silhouette states,"That is a great idea! We can just sit snug in the center and if something interesting comes up we can scout ahead." Giving a final curt nod she looks at Tatyana,"I can put a snug armor spell on you if you need it too, not that your armor doesn't look snug...or scary." Looking at Durak she adds,"Or you if there is a trap..." Shrugging she smiles,"Either works."

Tucking her stave into the crook of her arm she pats herself down checking her accompanying weapons out of apparent habit to those who have noticed her doing such before. Seemingly satisfied she twirls the staff in hand before tapping it to the stone at her feet signalling her readiness.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 67/149 | I.S.P.: 29/57 | H.P.: 36/36 | S.D.C.:35/37
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see special abilities); Guild Ring(see in dark/magical;see invis)
Armor: Superior Hard Leather: AR 11; 50/50 S.D.C| Modifiers: na
Weapon: Lucky-Unlucky dagger in belt sheath; Dwarven daggers x 2 in boots; Vladimir's Bone Staff
(Not present)Bow, Short | Range: 380' | Damage: 1d6 | RoF: APR | Quiver: 20/20 Arrows

Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Tyral » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:53 am

Tyral wrote:Perception [+3]: Original post: 1d20+3 = 5
D20 JiC: Original post: 1d20 = 11
D100 JiC: Original post: 1d100 = 29

PPE: 206/213
Bracelet PPE: 120/120
SDC: 43/43
HP: 42/42

Conditions: Nightvision: 60' [30' in unnatural Magic Darkness], Spell Strength of 15, Tongues [constant] & Truesight [Sees through Magical and Psionic illusions, Not Affected by Magical or Non-Magical Darkness, and can See Invisible], Bracelet [½ PPE cost for Spells], Sense Magic (120' radius, 5.75 min), Decipher Magic (6.00 MIN)

Durak wrote:“Well, I must admit, I’ve never flown before and not sure that really counted either,” Durak picked himself off the floor, soaking wet from the waste down, with water dripping off him all over from water splashing around during the fight and repairs, “However, Gale saved my life, so I am not going to complain about a bit of being dropped on the floor.”

With a friendly smile, Tyral says, "Flight is truly something special, I will admit I only recently learned a spell to confer it and although it is a fair amount of effort ... leaving the ground is wondrous. Not just useful in crossing a chasm or whatever, but soaring up and amongst the clouds or gazing down into a valley watching the fog burn off or the last rays of sun draw back with the sunset, the silence and beauty can be breathtaking ... Silly Brago just likes to chase birds." Anyone watching would see Brago exercising a jowly yawn at this last part.

Durak wrote:“Does this ring mean we can understand demons and animals?” he asked the rest of the group, “is that why we can understand Brago? Or does the ring require some form of higher intelligence and coherent thought?”

"Indeed, I believe Silhouette is correct, and that the rings are limited to spoken language."

Durak wrote:“If I might suggest, Tatyana in her heavy armour goes first. I think I might be the next most heavily armoured, so if I hold the rear, Fox in the centre as he is the healer and probably the squishiest of us, whilst you wizardy types fill in the rest of the space." Durak offered suggestions on a marching order, before considering other possibilities, "of course, if there are traps or other obstructions, then I'll need to be the one to deal with those, so maybe I'll need to be at the front."

"Indeed Master Durak may be best in the lead. Tatyana can provide overhead cover, fighting over him if need be, but please do be careful ... but behore we head down the tunnel, perhaps we should check to see if there is anything further we can find here in this ... Study."

OOC: I believe previously our search was somewhat interrupted by the Golems, and then before we really did anything further everyone made the dash out. Before we descend, it might be best to check through room. It might be unlikely, but Summoners like True names, etc. If he's got a list of pawns somewhere, it might be useful to find.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213

Worn: Environmental Robe [Grey with Dark Green trim], Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Guild Rings of the Merchant Adventurer [Tongues/Vision Augmentation]
Weapons: Dwarven Quarterstaff [2d6, +2 Parry]

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21

Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Tatyana Singh » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:09 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 15
JIC: 1d20 = 1/1d100 = 16

Nightvision: 40 feet, excellent day vision, excellent sense of smell
Track blood scent [32%] 1d100 = 15 Range: 500'
Track familiar scent: [28%] 1d100 = 93 range: 50 feet
Keen hearing, equal to a canine

Tatyana feels a little disapointed that it was all over before the rest of them arrived, whatever it was. She lets out a small sigh of satisfaction as the cleanse spell does it's work. "How I love being clean." she thinks to herself.

Once back in the study,

Durak wrote:“If I might suggest, Tatyana in her heavy armour goes first. I think I might be the next most heavily armoured, so if I hold the rear, Fox in the centre as he is the healer and probably the squishiest of us, whilst you wizardy types fill in the rest of the space." Durak offered suggestions on a marching order, before considering other possibilities, "of course, if there are traps or other obstructions, then I'll need to be the one to deal with those, so maybe I'll need to be at the front."

"That works for me. I'd suggest Tyral and Zephyr next to each of us for arcane support. I can cast some, but nothing like those two." Tatyana replies. The Hunter then leans over Fox, sticking her snout down the tunnel and inhaling deeply to get a proper scent.

Silhouette wrote:Nodding emphatically Silhouette states,"That is a great idea! We can just sit snug in the center and if something interesting comes up we can scout ahead." Giving a final curt nod she looks at Tatyana,"I can put a snug armor spell on you if you need it too, not that your armor doesn't look snug...or scary." Looking at Durak she adds,"Or you if there is a trap..." Shrugging she smiles,"Either works."

The Wolfen returns the nod with a slight smile, [b]"Snug armor spell? I don't know of that one. I will pass this time. My new armor fits quite well." Tatyana starts to move into the corridor, but stops at the entrance.

Tyral wrote:"Indeed Master Durak may be best in the lead. Tatyana can provide overhead cover, fighting over him if need be, but please do be careful ... but behore we head down the tunnel, perhaps we should check to see if there is anything further we can find here in this ... Study."

With a roll of her eyes, Tatyana turns back into the room. She begins the new search (Intelligence [47%] 1d100 = 85, Lore: Undead [62%] 1d100 = 70, Lore: Demons and Monsters [72%] 1d100 = 36, Literacy: Elven [62%] 1d100 = 77) by looking at the higher places the others can't see or get to. She begins humming a little tune while she looks.
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 31/31
SDC: 53/25
PPE: 108/76
Horror Factor: 12
Tatyana Singh

Postby Erva » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:02 am

Time and Date: 7:20pm, 4/4/345
Conditions: Unchanged, dark outside, interior is lit with dim lanterns.

Conversations happen as intended...

The tunnel remains open while the group discusses their plan and Gale, the Elemental wisps away as the phantom takes up a position near the door to the tunnel. The group is able to scour the room for an easy few minutes without being interrupted by irritating guardians or unwanted scavengers. However, arguably the most valuable item in the study remains to be the journal Fox located. Much of the documents on the desk that Zephyr did not shovel into his bag are able operations at the Gearhouse. While some of the logbook entries are interesting and disconcerting, none of them warrant extra scrutiny. The log entries on the desk show that at one point there were eight full fledged Water Warlocks operating the Gearhouse and the Sealock at different shifts with a support crew of about twenty technicians. None, save the one body below, are accounted for.

The journal, under a few minutes of scrutiny by anyone who wants to try reveal that it is not only written in different languages, it is encoded with a cipher that makes any translations without the key page worthless. The key page is taken from a different book and is usually kept secured so that the book need not be, and it bears reasoning that the summoner at large would have said key. Tyral has a strong urge that the journal Fox found holds more than just words but incantations (Spell Scrolls) that are just out of reach. There is a reference in this journal to the rune markings on the wall from before.

After about 15 minutes of searching, nothing else is revealed except that the summoner lived lavishly. The chest near the bed had the finest wine and edibles money could buy, much of it imported from the West however Tatyana recognizes a fine Wolfen Ale as well. Meanwhile, Durak is studying the tunnel entrance to include a few feet inside the tunnel to check it out. Durak determines that the tunnel was created by magical means, this tunnel is too well formed to be done by hand. It stands to reason that this tunnel connects to the catacombs, but until that connection the tunnel should be easy navigation as it is painfully obvious that the summoner did not expect anyone to decipher his rune ward.

The elemental is still gone, the phantom is still by the door floating in an eerie gaseous state as the rest of the group reconvenes near the desk after the search of the room. With no where else to go but forward, the group ventures through the tunnel.

Order of entry into the tunnel is Tatyana, Silhouette, Zephyr, Tryal, Durak, Brago (unless otherwise stated in your next posts). Durak is able to pull out the Catacomb Map he sketched earlier as they near the end of the magically made tunnel and near the dark entrance to the Catacombs.
Catacomb Map, Incomplete
"There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. Through knowledge, they gain opinions. Through opinions, they wage wars. Through wars, knowledge dies and ignorance is reborn. Through ignorance, mortals remain the slaves of knowledge, and are masters of nothing."

Player Characters: Echo (Spook Squad)
Erva
Game Master

Postby Durak » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:35 am

Perception 1d20+4 = 17
JIC 1d20 = 18 1d100 = 42

With a friendly smile, Tyral says, "Flight is truly something special, I will admit I only recently learned a spell to confer it and although it is a fair amount of effort ... leaving the ground is wondrous. Not just useful in crossing a chasm or whatever, but soaring up and amongst the clouds or gazing down into a valley watching the fog burn off or the last rays of sun draw back with the sunset, the silence and beauty can be breathtaking ... Silly Brago just likes to chase birds." Anyone watching would see Brago exercising a jowly yawn at this last part.

Typical elves, waxing all poetically about something they shouldn’t be doing Durak shook his head, "Let me keep my feet on the ground."

Zephyr:
"Thank you for helping determine the fate, Durak.

Giving a look at Durak and Zephyr the changeling straitens as she adds, "I guessed it was a bod...eey." A lengthy pause follows as she reconnects that it was a warlock and she is talking to Zephyr before she shrugs,"Yeah, so that is not so much an upside, but I told him where to look, right Durak?" Sitting in her own silence she quickly gives a tiny movement of her head answers quietly,"Fiiine. We can count up who helped the most later over dinner."

“Sil was definitely of the opinion that it was a body that was causing the blockage,” Durak confirmed, looking slightly confused, “why? Is there some form of competition regarding how much somebody helps? is there a prize?"

Checking the blade on Haarlbrax, he found it in good working order and Tyral’s spell had cleaned it as well, so he didn’t need to wipe off any blood from whatever that creature was before slinging it back on his back.

Durak wrote:“ Does this ring mean we can understand demons and animals?” he asked the rest of the group, “is that why we can understand Brago? Or does the ring require some form of higher intelligence and coherent thought?”

SIl
Holding up her finger and tapping the encircling band she puts the dwarf's questions to rest at least knowing this much of the effects purpose,"Mmmm, demon's yes, if they are speaking their tongue. Animals..." Raising her eyebrows she decides to commit to the answer,"No, because, no."

Reaching her hand down as if to pet Brago but finding him too far away she swings her hand instead toward the teenage wolf answering again with a happy tune to her voice because she gets to be helpful,"Uh, nope! Brago is really speaking and these just need words."

Tyral
"Indeed, I believe Silhouette is correct, and that the rings are limited to spoken language."

“I wasn’t sure if we understood Brago because he could speak or because we had the rings, but I think this goes into the realms of whether animal noises are in fact some form of communication in a way we could potentially understand, but sadly I think that is a thought outside of the issues we are dealing with here today. Still, the things they could tell us if they could talk.” Durak sounded wistful at the idea. They could learn quite a lot, though how much sense they would make is another matter.

Zephyr:
"Not entirely sure. I know the magic used to seal the tunnel was Old Magic, as in Chaos Wars old, but not much else. The Catacombs have existed for many years, so there is a fair chance this tunnel was created to access them. I do not know how or by whom, more may be determined with proper review of the notes."

Pondering the statement of Old Magic the forsaken mage looks askance at Zephyr as she reasons,"Llorn is not that old, is it?" Scratching the tip of her nose she gives a prompting look Tyral's way concerning Llorn's history as she asks Zephyr,"So, this Chaos stuff?" More than curious about possible lost magics.

Looking toward the two golems the forsaken mage peers at them ponderously deciding exactly what danger lay in their stated "inactivity" by Zephyr,""Sooo, where is this magic anywho?" Craning her neck she looks to various corners and bookshelves as if trying to catch a glimpse of a celebrity through milling throng.

“Considering the connection to,” Durak’s voice dropped to a whisper,the old ones, is this magic intrinsically connected to this location, or something brought in later?” He didn’t like to tempt fate about talking about the Old Ones.

"Indeed Master Durak may be best in the lead. Tatyana can provide overhead cover, fighting over him if need be, but please do be careful ... but before we head down the tunnel, perhaps we should check to see if there is anything further we can find here in this ... Study."

“Yes, I’m very fond of my head. I can’t imagine he’d be foolish enough to leave a list lying around though." With the chance of new information and secrets to be found, Durak helped search around the study before being drawn back to the tunnel.

Nodding emphatically Silhouette states,"That is a great idea! We can just sit snug in the center and if something interesting comes up we can scout ahead." Giving a final curt nod she looks at Tatyana,"I can put a snug armor spell on you if you need it too, not that your armor doesn't look snug...or scary." Looking at Durak she adds,"Or you if there is a trap..." Shrugging she smiles,"Either works."

“How does making my armour more snug help me?” Durak looked confused at Sil before deciding he’d much rather check over the tunnel instead.

Meanwhile, Durak is studying the tunnel entrance to include a few feet inside the tunnel to check it out. Durak determines that the tunnel was created by magical means, this tunnel is too well formed to be done by hand. It stands to reason that this tunnel connects to the catacombs, but until that connection the tunnel should be easy navigation as it is painfully obvious that the summoner did not expect anyone to decipher his rune ward.

Durak whistled as he ran his hands over the smooth rock. “Dwarves are the greatest craftsmen in the world. We can make stone as smooth as a newborn’s bottom, but this is almost like it has just been birthed out of nothingness.” He thought for a second about how this might be done and realised it could only be done with magic. Anything natural would have some imperfection, no matter how small. He pulled his hands away, wiggling his fingers and shaking his hands to get rid of a feeling of disgust and inherent wrongness.

“It is wrong, and a complete cheat to do it this way. Give me a proper worked tunnel any day. However, if it has been made by magic, there is unlikely to be trapped, unless you think he is completely paranoid and wouldn’t think that we could breach the spell protections.”

Not that will stop me from checking as we go he thought to himself, better safe than sorry.

The tunnel remains open while the group discusses their plan and Gale, the Elemental wisps away as the phantom takes up a position near the door to the tunnel. The group is able to scour the room for an easy few minutes without being interrupted by irritating guardians or unwanted scavengers. However, arguably the most valuable item in the study remains to be the journal Fox located. Much of the documents on the desk that Zephyr did not shovel into his bag are able operations at the Gearhouse. While some of the logbook entries are interesting and disconcerting, none of them warrant extra scrutiny. The log entries on the desk show that at one point there were eight full fledged Water Warlocks operating the Gearhouse and the Sealock at different shifts with a support crew of about twenty technicians. None, save the one body below, are accounted for.

As the information regarding the numbers of people missing was uncovered, he placed a reassuring hand on Zephyr’s shoulder. He liked the young elementalist and wished they had better news.
“Hopefully we will find them merely taken prisoner. Mayhap he has need of them to dig for something,” he consoled Zephyr, smiling at him ruefully, “that way they will still be alive and we can rescue them.”
Or use as ballista fodder for traps protecting something he thought glumly, having seen such a practice once during his work for the Red Brigade.

“However, if this summoner has been here a while judging by this room, then probably at least one if not more have switched sides, so we will need to be careful.” Duress, money, magic, psionics. I wonder how of the people they have already faced were willing participants and how many were ensorcelled he pondered

Durak took the lead down the tunnel, checking the walls for traps as he went, notably where the walls and floor were not completely smooth as he would expect. He did not have a torch, relying on his natural Dwarven nightvision to guide him, trying not to alert anybody with any light.

“Everybody keep their eyes peeled. They have had time to prepare a trap if there is somebody waiting at the other end of this tunnel” he whispered loudly enough for Tatyana to hear him, trying to see if there was anybody hidden at the end of the tunnel or nearby in the catacombs.

“However, I don’t know which way they went unless they left something obvious. Anybody good at tracking? Or are we following Brago’s nose?” Sadly tracking wasn’t part of Durak’s skill set, something he might to rectify at some point. If nobody here could do it, perhaps somebody in the other group had the skill for it. However, using the map, he was sure he could keep track of where they were in the city.

OOC Comments
Prowl 51% 1d100 = 43PASS
Pick Locks 61% disabling any traps 1d100 = 17PASS
Underground Architecture 46% (+5%) 1d100 = 17PASS
Underground Sense of Direction 56%/46% 1d100 = 55PASS
Locate Secret Compartments/Doors 66% 1d100 = 61PASS
Streetwise 48% 1d100 = 92 FAIL
Detect Concealment & Traps 51% 1d100 = 60 FAIL
HP 32
SDC 46
Cloak of protection AR13 SDC 200

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft, Tongues: Gives the wearer the ability to understand and speak any language at 98%, Truesight: The wearer of this ring sees through magical and psionic illusions, and drug induced hallucinations (half the usual penalties). In addition, the wearer is not hindered by magical or non-magical darkness, and can see the invisible.
+2 to all saving throws

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
Durak

Postby Tyral » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:41 pm

Perception [+3]: 1d20+3 = 23
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 18
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 46

PPE: 206/213
Bracelet PPE: 120/120
SDC: 43/43
HP: 42/42

Conditions: Nightvision: 60' [30' in unnatural Magic Darkness], Spell Strength of 15, Tongues [constant] & Truesight [Sees through Magical and Psionic illusions, Not Affected by Magical or Non-Magical Darkness, and can See Invisible], Bracelet [½ PPE cost for Spells]

Tyral searches meticulously for several minutes wit the others before eventually settling to thumb between the pages of the Journal previously located in frustration, to try and sort through it a bit (even if its just to try and ID the languages used).

Literacy: Elven 87%: 1d100 = 41
Literacy: Human Eastern 87%: 1d100 = 61
Cryptography 37%: 1d100 = 4

When the others are ready to go, the Wizard (impossibly) slides his well worn staff into his shoulder bag, then reaches in and pulls out a more compact weapon, a silver burnished footman's mace of immaculate Dwarven construction (his Steel Anvil Mace), “Brago says you're all soft nose-blind things, and that walking around on 2 legs can't be worth it if you have to ... hey now, that's uncalled for Brago.” The Elf watches as Brago heads 1st into the Tunnel (followed by Durak (?), and Tatyana (?)), however he himself takes up the rear.

BRAGO
Perception [+1]: 1d20+1 = 4 -- Sad
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 12
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 61

Conditions: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral (600'), Enhanced Healing, Impervious to Natural Fire, Track by Smell 90%, Prowl 60%
Track by Smell 90%: 1d100 = 1 -- Much better

Brago makes a veiled mental comment about the worthlessness of Thumbs if they each cost someone one of their senses, then follows his Nose down into the tunnel scenting after the Summoner whose scent should be well known/obvious from the room.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213

Worn: Environmental Robe [Grey with Dark Green trim], Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Guild Rings of the Merchant Adventurer [Tongues/Vision Augmentation]
Weapons: Dwarven Quarterstaff [2d6, +2 Parry]

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21

Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Fox » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:36 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 14
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 9
JIC: 1d20 = 16
JIC%: 1d100 = 35

As expected, Fox is placed in the center of the party. While the fact they think he needs protecting is annoying, the fact is it does put him in a convenient location for healing others. He just wishes his healing was not so slow. Still, he does have healing magic in his gear. It is better than nothing.

It is not the first time he has wished for magical healing abilities. Magical spells are much faster than his trance-based healing abilities and can do some things he can not. Still, Magic is not the Kankoran way, powers of the mind they practice, and...rarely...a very few Kankoran become Druids. A very few Kankoran who have moved into civilized areas have even become (shockingly) Priests.

Perhaps, just possibly, Fox should consider studying with a priest of a Healing Order. He might be able to learn something.

That is for the future though, right now, we have a task to complete. He takes his place with a tough of resignation and follows the leaders as they proceed.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 28% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 38% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 102/120 | H.P.: 36/31 | S.D.C.: 26/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 38, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Silhouette » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:34 am

JIC: 1d20 = 6 1d100 = 77
Perc: 1d20+3 = 14

Durak:
"Still, the things they could tell us if they could talk.”

Tyral:
“Brago says you're all soft nose-blind things, and that walking around on 2 legs can't be worth it if you have to ... hey now, that's uncalled for Brago.”

Smiling at that she says,"Brago the big ol' wolf in the making, Durak you should give him a leg and I am sure he will talk all you like." Looking at Brago she asks,"When we get back what do you say to a nice juicy mutton leg, eh boy?" Nodding she shrugs a shoulder as she mosies over to take her place behind Tatyana pulling her cloak edge over her shoulder giving the others standing around a ready look as she adds,"I do not know about nose-blind, but at least we won't be walking into them."

Her hand's come together as she rolls the Guild Ring on her finger thinking,"This thing is amazing." The dark tunnels evanescence fades with only the seeming limits of her own vision as she peers below. Looking to Tyral and Durak she holds her hand up asking,"Is this what your eyes do in the dark? I wish I could see like this all the time too."

Letting the matter of seeing fall to the wayside Silhouette cracks her neck before taking a big breath,"You set the pace Tat, nice and quiet or... Well lets go quietly?" Taking her helmet off her belt she slips it over her head giving a nod of readiness.

Prowl 77% / 1d100 = 99
Listening and Awareness -- 30% / 1d100 = 10
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 67/149 | I.S.P.: 29/57 | H.P.: 36/36 | S.D.C.:35/37
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see special abilities); Guild Ring(see in dark/magical;see invis)
Armor: Superior Hard Leather: AR 11; 50/50 S.D.C| Modifiers: na
Weapon: Lucky-Unlucky dagger in belt sheath; Dwarven daggers x 2 in boots; Vladimir's Bone Staff
(Not present)Bow, Short | Range: 380' | Damage: 1d6 | RoF: APR | Quiver: 20/20 Arrows

Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Zephyr » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:50 am

Perception: 1d20 = 6+3=9
JiC: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 82
Skills
Sense Impurities in Air: 1d100 = 54/55%
Land Navigation: 1d100 = 71/60%(FAIL)
Prowl: 1d100 = 1/50%(CRIT)
Intelligence: 1d100 = 44/50%
Surveillance: 1d100 = 22/30%
Lore, Demon and Monsters: 1d100 = 71/60%(FAIL)
Lore, Magic: 1d100 = 50/55%
See Invisible Elemental: 1d100 = 55/75%

Eight of my brothers, missing. We are already hurting within Llorn, must our numbers continue to diminish? Zephyr thinks solemnly to himself as they begin to make their way down the tunnel. He will follow Tatyana and anyone else in the lead but will activate the protective field his sash offers him as a precaution.

Durak wrote:“Hopefully we will find them merely taken prisoner. Mayhap he has need of them to dig for something,” he consoled Zephyr, smiling at him ruefully, “that way they will still be alive and we can rescue them.”

Zephyr offers a nod and a smile, "Yes, hopefully more lives are not lost to this madness. Thank you for your insight."

Durak wrote:“However, if this summoner has been here a while judging by this room, then probably at least one if not more have switched sides, so we will need to be careful.”

Zephyr pauses briefly and a frown crosses his face, I'd never considered that as an option... he muses before responding, "I admit I did not consider that as an option, though it is definitely a possibility. I will not let my guard down if that be the case, no matter if they are my kin." Zephyr states, reinforced and disconcerted with the idea that his fellows could have turned.

He will look for signs of Gale and which direction his Elemental went once they are outside the tunnel and into the catacombs below. He moves cautiously, still not used to being able to see in darkness. Zephyr will be near the front but back a few paces so he can see ahead and spot his Elemental.

Sil wrote:"Brago the big ol' wolf in the making, Durak you should give him a leg and I am sure he will talk all you like." Looking at Brago she asks,"When we get back what do you say to a nice juicy mutton leg, eh boy?".. "You set the pace Tat, nice and quiet or... Well lets go quietly?"

Zephyr smiles briefly at Silhouette's carefree attitude. I wish I could disconnect like that, maybe a defense mechanism or maybe not, either way. Zephyr muses and adds, "Definitely quietly, we don't know what to expect."
Zephyr The Wind Mage
Important Details
P.P.E.: 200/200 | I.S.P.: 47/47| H.P.: 53/53| S.D.C.: 32/32

Conditions: Immediately sense fellow Warlock/Elemental, Sixth Sense (2), Mind Block (4)

Armor: Studded Leather Armor | A.R.: 13 | S.D.C.: 38/38 | Modifiers: -5% mobility penalty
Cloak of Armor (over Studded Leather)| A.R. 14 | S.D.C.: 50/50 | Excellent Mobility, Magical SDC/AR

Weapon: Quaterstaff | Damage: 2d6 | Modifiers: +2 Strike, +1 Initiative, +1 Parry
Light Arbalest | Range: 150' | Damage: 1d6 | RoF: APR | Payload: 1 | Modifiers: None | Quarrel: 24/24+1 bolts

Mount: Bellator the War Horse (See Equipment for Combat Data) | S.D.C.: 45/45 | H.P.: 34/34 | APR: 3

Elemental: Minor Air Elemental [Summoned](See here) | H.P.: 190/190 | S.D.C.: 220/220 | P.P.E.: 300/300
Phantom [None Summoned](See here) | | H.P.: 60/60| S.D.C.: 30/30 | P.P.E.: 100/100 | Duration: 75minutes

"Thinking inside my head"
"Speaking Out Loud." Speaking Eastern
"Speaking Out Loud." Speaking Elven Code: 800080
"Speaking Telepathically as allowed." Code: 0000FF
"Speaking Elemental." Code: 008000
Zephyr
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Previous

Return to Fantasy Adventures