The Finale: The Dragon of Dread

Palladium Fantasy Archives

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: The Finale: The Dragon of Dread

Postby Silhouette » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:16 pm

JIC: 1d20:
16
1d100:
38

Perc: 63% / 1d100:
10


Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 70% / 1d100:
61
(For Tyral)

Sighing as Zephyr's air spirits lift her and the dragon man Durante from the sea, Silhouette's stomach feels in an uproar as she leaves the salty ocean behind and perhaps a little bile in response too. Breathing in slow and deep she calms herself as they approach land once more, the scent of the ocean still soaking her clothing and armor and filling her nose, though not as badly as when in the spraying and lapping waters.

On her knee's as she lets the nauseating effects of the salty waters pass she wrings herself out shaking water from her sleeves and rolling onto her behind to put legs up so that water may poor from her bucket-like boots. Finally standing her disheveled appearance matches her disgruntled expression as she takes in the destruction all around. Leaning side to side Silhouette's boots even empty as they are still produce a,"Swish, Swish." Followed by a,"Plithth." of escaping air rushes through the water logged gaps as she takes a walking step towards where Durante is being tended.

Watching the psychics and other like minded healers work on the man she wrings her hands up over her head in a stretching motion as water dribbles out of her gauntlets and sleeves to hit her face,"Oh! I can not be carrying this much ocean with me still!" Looking at the sword she is holding almost over her head, she darts a look of alarm toward Elias and shoves it under her cloak as if to say,"Nothing to see here."

Late to the conversation Silhouette's squashing signals her arrival as she stands near to Durante as he is revived her impatience obvious as she peeks a look at him. Poking the revived and cognizant man for his attention she finally states,"I saved you from drowning." Pointing out to sea momentarily she removes her helmet before putting it under her arm, her smile a self aggrandizing one as she adds,"Sooooo, can I get one of your scales as a reward Mister Dragon-man?"

Glancing over to Tyral as he approaches she lets her smirking smile carry in greeting, though he might note that she is a shade drained in pallor from the ocean's effects. Answering the elf's grim questioning Silhouette replies,"Yeah, dragons! He's going to give me one of his scales as a reward for saving him." Poking at Durante she queries him,"Right?"

Nodding her head in confirmation she continues,"Why wouldn't he? I would give a scale of mine if I had them and someone saved me from drowning." Looking to Tyral she adds,"Even you would give one of your scales Tyral?" Looking from side to side as if examining him she muses,"Well, if you had them yours would be like a snakes...not as amazing as a dragons."

Pausing Silhouette looks around at the destruction of the city and after a long silence carry's on with Brago's growling interrupting it, Silhouette frowns and narrows her eyes with a bland expression at the wolf saying,"Tattle tail." After another pause she points with a stern finger at Brago,"Really, you are a big fluffy tattle tail. I would have told him myself eventually. Probably. You know I am really thinking about taking back that offer of steak dinner now."

Sighing Silhouette moves away from everyone with Tyral in tow before plopping down to sit on the rain deluged road as her armor's dribbling sea water mixes with it. Giving Tyral a truly tired look considering she did not sleep as much as she'd have liked before and now after all this excitement with dragons and unfortunate sea water she felt like having a nap. Still staring with drooping eyes Silhouette finally answers the elf not willing to take the blame for a magic sword,"My dark and mysterious friend here felt like checking the merits of my winning personality." She'd already shown the sword to Tyral when handing over the bone staff but again she shows him while giving Brago a raised eyebrow to stow his teeth as she proffers the rune weapon for examination by the elf saying,"Don't touch it..him."

Continuing her explanation she says,"As you can see, since you CAN still see with your head attached, my personality is a force to be reckoned with!" Nodding she says,"But, he is a bit clingy." Showing her hand with the dots through her gauntlet's palm stained in blood where the sword attached to her she jokes,"And has a prickly personality too." Shrugging she adds,"He's also a sword of few words, but says we will talk later."

Looking around seemingly done with the conversation of who did what she mentions,"I need a sheath for him." Getting back to her feet she adds,"That is all I know. I did not try to take your head off." Pointing at Tyral she adds,"I even tried to help you up after you passed out too!" Thoughtful a moment she looks the elf up and down,"Since I am being all honest and truthy." Shaking her shoulders back and forth and stiffening her neck in mockery of an upright person she finishes,"Now your turn. What was that about, your passing out." Prodding she asserts,"Or did you faint in surprise because I gave you my staff?
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 82/164 | I.S.P.: 30/58 | H.P.: 43/45 | S.D.C.:42/45(Temp: 7)
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see special abilities); Guild Ring(see in dark/magical;see invis)
Armor: Superior Hard Leather: AR 11; 50/50 S.D.C| Modifiers: na
Idrantine Bracelet: PPE: 54/140; ISP: 47 /100
Weapon: Lucky-Unlucky dagger in belt sheath; Dwarven daggers x 2 in boots; Throwing daggers(4): outside boots;inside sleeve; Vladimir's Bone Staff
Back(shoulder): Ranir Bow, Short | Range: 454' | Damage: 2d6+5 | RoF: APR | Quiver: 20/20 Arrows
(Other items in backpack)
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: The Finale: The Dragon of Dread

Postby Fox » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:58 am

(Rolls held over)
Foc responds to Silhouette, "He is human now and has no scales, if you want one of his scales go to the marketplace, if there are scales anywhere it will be where the dragon crashed to the earth. I am not going to stand by and let you harm my patient, so leave him alone and look elsewhere."

Fox is a Healer, he protects those in his care. It is his nature, the heart of is training, he is not about to back down on this. He is pretty sure, after using Psychic Diagnosis on him, that this is his natural form. How he turned into a Dragon for even a brief time is beyond the Kankoran.
Last edited by Fox on Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/130 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 26/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: The Finale: The Dragon of Dread

Postby Tatyana Singh » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:25 pm

Perception: 1d20:
19

Initiative: 1d20+1 = 16:
15

JIC: 1d20:
13
/1d100:
59


Erva wrote: Tatyana, feeling less than nothing for the suffering around, leans against a wall until she hears a cry of a child underneath some rubble. It spurs the wolfen into action and she is able to dig out the human child with ease. The child gives the wolfen a shocking reaction and grips the Wolfen saying "Puppy!"


The Wolfens ears instinctively go back and flat to her head, she bears her teeth and her fur bristles under her armor. "I am not a puppy, child. My name is Tatyana." she says menacingly and stands to her full height. Realizing the child has attached itself to her, Tatyanas' ears pop up in surprise. She looks around for help, but everyone else is rushing around dealing with other problems. Taking the little one in both hands and pulling it off and holding her at arms length. The Hunter will look the child over for any visible signs it being hurt or having anything broken. She will also get a good snout full of the childs scent to help determine who it belongs to. Tatyana will then ask, "What is your name? Where are your parents?"

If the child indicates the place where she was from, Tatyana will silently curse and put the child down down and keep digging in the hopes that she can find someone else alive.

If the child doesn't know, Tatyana will looks a bit more where she got the child from and if nothing found, She'll carry the child around and try to find someone to take the little one off her.

If Predat (or someone else) gets her attention, she will join the group for the briefing, with or without the child under her arm.
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 36/36
SDC: 53/53
PPE: 127/127
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: Southern United Kingdom

Re: The Finale: The Dragon of Dread

Postby Sera » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:21 pm

Perception: 1d100:
42
/43%
JiC: 1d20:
14
/1d100:
97

Track, Humanoids: 1d100:
44
/47%
Intelligence: 1d100:
50
/59%
Area Knowledge: 1d100:
20
/37%

When everything is settled and most of the group are back infront of Elias, with Linden. Sera will softly pat the man on his back, "Good work, glad you're still with us." ... Glad that this is considered above and beyond, making a habit of slaying Dragon's would be hard work...

To Zephyr, she adds, "Perhaps your kin are still alive somewhere in those ruins also, worth a look?"

When Predat explains what Elias told him, she will nod and add, "Tyral and Durak headed off to the Marketplace, and Tatyana should be around here somewhere. I'll search them out and we can travel back through the Marketplace tunnel, skipping the trip down hopefully."

She will then nod to the others and leave, searching out Tyral, Durak and Tatyana to tell them Elias's suggestion. (To any of them if she spots them) "Lord Von'Lycien requests us to head back down to the horde room and gather any artifacts to be identified by him and potentially gifted to us for services rendered. Most of the gold will find it's way to Llorn's coffers, which should help with reconstruction."
Sera
 

Re: The Finale: The Dragon of Dread

Postby Linden » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:54 pm

Perception: 1d100:
50
/64%
JiC: 1d20:
19
/ 1d100:
81

Public Speaking: 1d100:
17
/43%
Military Etiquette: 1d100:
41
/48%
Intelligence: 1d100:
49
/60%

After his flirting with Lady Death, he starts to feel his extremities again and then the pain sets in and he grunts. Bloody hell, feels like I got hit by a cannon ball... he thinks to himself as he stands, still wheezing anf now looking on most of his peers. "...or a hundred cannon balls. How long was I out?"

Predat wrote:"Glad you're still alive you pansy gryphon rider!


Linden laughs, then immediately coughs from the pain in his chest and nods. "Gawh, I feel more like death, drinking that pub dry after this is said and done may help with that." He jests towards his fellows.

Silhouette wrote:"I saved you from drowning." ... "Sooooo, can I get one of your scales as a reward Mister Dragon-man?"


Linden laughs and glances around, "Right, that's it. If you can find them go for it, but I'm not going hunting for them. Thanks for the save then."

Fox wrote:"He is human now and has no scales, if you want one of his scales go to the marketplace, if there are scales anywhere it will be where the dragon crashed to the earth. I am not going to stand by and let you harm my patient, so leave him alone and look elsewhere."


Linden nods and smiles towards Fox and places a hand on his shoulder, "Thank you for your care, good healer. Since we haven't been properly introduced, allow me to add that my name is Linden Durante, formerly a Gryphon Rider with the Red Brigade. I also like hunting dragons in my spare time." He adds in jest, directed towards Silhouette, Fox, Tatyana and anyone else who didn't meet him at the Skadge.

Sera wrote:"Good work, glad you're still with us."


Linden bows his head respectfully towards the Undead Hunter, "Same to you, Milady."

Predat wrote:"We need to head back down and investigate those ruins, so we can get there first. Maybe even find something about that Patron that the dragon and demon referred to. Hey, most of the gold needs to go back to the city, but we can bring the items back to get analyzed and distributed back to us. If we get moving soon we can probably still fly there!"


Linden nods his head and adds "It'd be a shame if some random squatter stumbled upon that horde. We should make haste, I'd also like to recover my Gryphon, Aureus, I imagine he is worried by now."

He will then approach Elias and offer his hand in appreciation to the elven lord, "My old friend, we did it. We finally nailed that bastard. I've been thinking of setting up shop in Llorn more permanently, think the city would approve of a Dragon Hunter's Clan setting up shop? I can help alleviate any tensions should the need arise, I am not afraid of a crowd."
Linden D. Durante
Conditions and Important Stats

Active Conditions: Deific Curse, Immortality | Sixth Sense (2) | Mind Block (4) | Bio-Regeneration (6)
H.P.: 32/32 | S.D.C: 50/50 | P.P.E.: 62/62 | I.S.P.: 26/26
Weapon: Bider, Enchanted Broadsword | Dmg: 3d6+6 / +1 Strike/Parry
Armor: Medusan Plate, Enchanted | A.R. 17 | S.D.C.: 170/170 | Regenerate 10 S.D.C. per hour | Imp. to Fire | Noiseless; Weightless
Mount: Gryphon | H.P.: 67/67| S.D.C: 38/38| P.P.E.: 60/60
User avatar
Linden
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:03 am

Re: The Finale: The Dragon of Dread

Postby Zephyr » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:15 pm

Perception: 1d100:
85
/56%
JiC: 1d20:
13
/1d100:
91


Once his phantoms return with the body(ies) of Linden and Silhouette, Why is Silhouette being carried..., he glances to them and smiles, "Thank you, brothers, for your aid. I am going to siphon what energy I can from you then release you from this world." Zephyr states and will siphon as much PPE as he can before releasing them.

Once Predat finishes his explanation of Elias's orders, he nods and adds, "We should still be well within the time constraints of my magic for flight, if anyone needs it again just let me know." He is prepared to grant Fly as an Eagle to both Linden and Silhouette, and anyone else who may need it should he have enough energy or be able to siphon enough from the nearby nexus.

Sera wrote:"Perhaps your kin are still alive somewhere in those ruins also, worth a look?"


Zephyr returns her question with a soft, thankful glance and nods, "It is always worth a look when lives are at stake, I am not counting them out. We are a resilient bunch, thank you for your concern, Huntress."
Zephyr The Wind Mage
Important Details
P.P.E.: 200/200 | I.S.P.: 47/47| H.P.: 53/53| S.D.C.: 32/32

Conditions: Immediately sense fellow Warlock/Elemental, Sixth Sense (2), Mind Block (4)

Armor: Studded Leather Armor | A.R.: 13 | S.D.C.: 38/38 | Modifiers: -5% mobility penalty
Cloak of Armor (over Studded Leather)| A.R. 14 | S.D.C.: 50/50 | Excellent Mobility, Magical SDC/AR

Weapon: Quaterstaff | Damage: 2d6 | Modifiers: +2 Strike, +1 Initiative, +1 Parry
Light Arbalest | Range: 150' | Damage: 1d6 | RoF: APR | Payload: 1 | Modifiers: None | Quarrel: 24/24+1 bolts


Mount: Bellator the War Horse (See Equipment for Combat Data) | S.D.C.: 45/45 | H.P.: 34/34 | APR: 3

Elemental: Minor Air Elemental [Summoned](See here) | H.P.: 190/190 | S.D.C.: 220/220 | P.P.E.: 300/300
Phantom [None Summoned](See here) | | H.P.: 60/60| S.D.C.: 30/30 | P.P.E.: 100/100 | Duration: 75minutes


"Thinking inside my head"
"Speaking Out Loud." Speaking Eastern
"Speaking Out Loud." Speaking Elven Code: 800080
"Speaking Telepathically as allowed." Code: 0000FF
"Speaking Elemental." Code: 008000
User avatar
Zephyr
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:30 am
Location: Palladium

Re: The Finale: The Dragon of Dread

Postby Tyral » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:05 pm

Rolls Carried Forward wrote:Perception [63%]: Original post: 1d100:
1
-- Dang

D20 JiC: Original post: 1d20:
7

D100 JiC: Original post: 1d100:
81


PPE: 62/229
Bracelet PPE: 120/120
SDC: 30/43
HP: 52/52

Conditions: Nightvision: 60' [30' in unnatural Magic Darkness], Spell Strength of 15, Tongues [constant] & Truesight [Sees through Magical and Psionic illusions, Not Affected by Magical or Non-Magical Darkness, and can See Invisible], Bracelet [½ PPE cost for Spells], Fly as the Eagle (142.75 Min, +2 Dodge, 50 MPH), Impervious to HF (14.25 Min)

Tyral places a calming hand on Brago's head and his brows knit as Silhouette shows off her palm, "Ok, so you have been injured by some kind of cursed rune-blade? It caused you to try and attack a comrade? These things are independent, what is its name? Why have you not thrown the thing into the damn ocean?" The Wizard examines the sword for several long moments considering it (and the inevitable refusal to discard the item).

Lore: Magic 92%: 1d100:
53

Lore: Magic Wards, Runes, & Circles 82%: 1d100:
35

Lore: Recognize Enchantment 77%: 1d100:
16

Lore: Demons & Monsters 87%: 1d100:
37


He reaches into his carrying satchel and draws out the white Bone-staff to toss back at her, "My episode? Not sure really. It felt like an odd variation of when I return after the Astral Projection spell, like an out of body experience where more than one of the same ... me ... struggling against me."

Tyral nods in response to Sera, and will turn to Zephyr when the fellow arrives, "Zephyr, any chance we can impose on your, summoned minions to fill out our various mystic reserves before we try to head back down?"

OOC: With the summon Phantom, syphon Phantom, send-off Phantom routine we should all be able to head in with full PPE in just a few minutes.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 4d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: The Finale: The Dragon of Dread

Postby Silhouette » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:18 pm

(Rolls carried over)

Tyral wrote:"Ok, so you have been injured by some kind of cursed rune-blade? It caused you to try and attack a comrade? These things are independent, what is its name? Why have you not thrown the thing into the damn ocean?"


Lifting the blade and putting it across her marked hand Silhouette examines the weapon from pommel to tip,"She had experience with weapons, but not in craftsmanship, yet even she could tell the weapon was in perfect form." Looking across to Tyral the corner of the forsaken mage's lip flicks in answer,"Ha, if I threw every thing that was a prick to me into the sea, you'd be swimming already." Now smiling fully she shrugs,"Why not?" Regarding the elf's question of throwing the blade into the sea.

"Hmmm, because nothing lasting has happened from it?" A question and statement she follows with another thought,"Like a tutor who doesn't know if you are worthy of his time." Holding up her palm again she regards it,"This was about not letting it go and seeing if I was strong enough, I think."

Wincing as she recalls the sharp sting she looks to the Wizard,"It hurt a lot, but a couple months ago, before all of this happened," Scanning the blade again she scoffs,"A month ago, maybe the sword would have been too much." Twitching her shoulder and neck she adds,"And the control that seemed a test too. It said it was impressed, though not much since that you don't know. Only the blade knows why."

"Besides, I..." Holding the weapon as comfortably in her off-hand as the injured one Silhouette points the blade lightly toward where the Nightstalker had perished as a thoughtful moment passes,"We need weapons that can fight, that. Our foes had been anything but weaker each time." Silhouette's dark eyes peer back into Tyral's as if asking the mage to support her keeping the rune blade,"I will figure out what the blade is about and go from there."

Tyral wrote:He reaches into his carrying satchel and draws out the white Bone-staff to toss back at her, "My episode? Not sure really. It felt like an odd variation of when I return after the Astral Projection spell, like an out of body experience where more than one of the same ... me ... struggling against me."


Not noticing that the elf was proffering the bone staff Silhouette nods slowly with increasing certainty in the bobbing of her head as she almost whispers,"I have not done that before, but..." Quirking her head to the side she says,"That is a likely way to say the same for me." Jerking her head out toward the sea she inclusively adds,"A feeling came over me like when you uncross your eyes and everything comes back into focus, but instead thoughts of a place made of metal and lights and strange people and another self." Clearing her throat she adds nonchalantly,"Then I fell into the sea like all my magic slipped away."

Waving her hand dismissively while scrunching her face she then smiles nostalgically from the incredible adventure she could recall as she continues,"But there were weapons like bows that shot fire, metal golems they rode inside, and, oh, an amazing mage!" Pointing the sword tip toward Tyral the changeling adds,"He would make you look like a novice, everywhere he went he was dripping with magical power."

Shaking her head her eyes search as she recalls,"And a..." Pausing she slips into dragonese unable to find a better word in Eastern as she continues in the elven tongue,"A stoic man, whose stave of iron cut with the force of a rock from a sling through a melon. Like if you poked a candle with the tip of a heated needle and left the hole." She could envision all of what she saw but describing it was otherworldly as she opined dreamily,"He was made of such majestic carnage."

Snapping from her revere Silhouette wide eyed like a child unable to believe what she was imagining leans her head back while wondering aloud with a happy giggle,"It was like a story written by the most amazing mad man and I had a part!"
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 82/164 | I.S.P.: 30/58 | H.P.: 43/45 | S.D.C.:42/45(Temp: 7)
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see special abilities); Guild Ring(see in dark/magical;see invis)
Armor: Superior Hard Leather: AR 11; 50/50 S.D.C| Modifiers: na
Idrantine Bracelet: PPE: 54/140; ISP: 47 /100
Weapon: Lucky-Unlucky dagger in belt sheath; Dwarven daggers x 2 in boots; Throwing daggers(4): outside boots;inside sleeve; Vladimir's Bone Staff
Back(shoulder): Ranir Bow, Short | Range: 454' | Damage: 2d6+5 | RoF: APR | Quiver: 20/20 Arrows
(Other items in backpack)
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: The Finale: The Dragon of Dread

Postby Durak » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:33 am

Rolls carried

Tyral wrote:Not wishing to be rude, Tyral takes the canteen proffered by his new comrade, and pretends to take a small sip before handing it back, "An interesting notion Durak. I wish you all the luck under the stars, but I was never one for such tasks. I have an uncle who designed beautiful structures, all towers and buttresses and arches ... My own Daeina's probably doubled over in death laughing that you would even ask. I'm just not what she would call 'handy' ... or what anyone else would call competent hehehe" The Wizard finishes with a self deprecating laugh, "I do have some skills, I am actually a rather good surgeon. But for better or worse, I am more for books than buildings. I appreciate the thought though."


“Strange as it may be for a Dwarf to say so, the skill I was looking at was the one you were just demonstrating. Those sorts of spells make construction a lot easier." Durak sips out of the canteen Tyral returned, before he looks down in the hole, which they had filled up with debris during their rescue efforts.

“And for an Elf, you’re not too bad. Doesn't look like anybody will be able to get down there any time soon. Just as well really. Who knows how dangerous it might be?"

After completing their rescue efforts for now, Durak returns to the main group, still able to fly from Zephyr's spell.

Sera wrote:She will then nod to the others and leave, searching out Tyral, Durak and Tatyana to tell them Elias's suggestion. (To any of them if she spots them) "Lord Von'Lycien requests us to head back down to the horde room and gather any artifacts to be identified by him and potentially gifted to us for services rendered. Most of the gold will find it's way to Llorn's coffers, which should help with reconstruction."


“Looks like we mostly survived intact then if everybody is being sent." Durak muses, as he considers what to do next regarding their new assignment, "no rest for the wicked eh lass. Now, we have three options that I am aware of to get back to where we were, unless somebody has a quicker way down." He checked off the list with his fingers.

"First is back down the hole the Dragon created;
Second is through the Gearhouse
Third is whatever method you found,”
he indicates Predat, Trask, Linden and Sera, “to get down into the tunnels. I presume that was in the Skadge."

He waits for confirmation before continuing;
"The hole the dragon created is mostly filled up, Tyral and I were depositing the debris down there, the cavern collapsed and a large chunk of the marketplace fell in. Getting in that way requires moving a large amount of rubble, but it does mean that we are directly on top of our target. Gearhouse we can get through presumably and whatever state the other entrance is in.
To help with any search, what did people see down there?
I imagine we all saw the large heap of Gold and the lava, but then I was distracted by a rampaging dragon from anything else.
Also, that book; has anyone tried it? if it belongs to the dragon, might be available to open now"


Durak pulls out the map from inside his pockets and armour, and starts to piece together where the nearest entry point might be, firstly from either the Gearhouse or the Skadge, but also any potential places that might intersect up on the surface.

OOC Comments
Streetwise 52% 1d100:
96
FAIL
Underground Sense of Direction 61% 1d100:
4
PASS


OOC Comments
To get down to the hoard and circles
1) Clear the hole or
2) Go back through the Gearhouse or Skadge - presuming Gearhouse as we are at the docks.
3) Has anybody tried the book?
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: The Finale: The Dragon of Dread

Postby Tyral » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:42 pm

Rolls Carried Forward wrote:Perception [63%]: Original post: 1d100:
1
-- Dang

D20 JiC: Original post: 1d20:
7

D100 JiC: Original post: 1d100:
81


PPE: 62/229
Bracelet PPE: 120/120
SDC: 30/43
HP: 52/52

Conditions: Nightvision: 60' [30' in unnatural Magic Darkness], Spell Strength of 15, Tongues [constant] & Truesight [Sees through Magical and Psionic illusions, Not Affected by Magical or Non-Magical Darkness, and can See Invisible], Bracelet [½ PPE cost for Spells], Fly as the Eagle (142.75 Min, +2 Dodge, 50 MPH), Impervious to HF (14.25 Min)

==== Durak Pre-Assembly w/ Others ====

Tyral shakes his head at the Dwarf politely, "Helping out with rescues in a crisis is one thing, but my interest is not in the construction of Tunnels."

==== Upon Reuniting with Sil and Others ====

"Insults really? You can try to drop me in the sea because of your petulance, but the first time you did, you will find your most valuable possession there has been teleported 40 miles out to sea. If that is insufficient to dissuage you, well I may not be an Archmage from your twisted fever dreams, but I assure you that I am creative enough to prevent a repeat of the effort." Tyral notes that Silhouette is ignoring his returning the Staff and tosses it clattering at her feet before he turns on his heel.

SNAFU [IM] wrote:Tyral hears the sound of birds cawing above him. Cawing that sounds suspiciously like laughter. Mocking, sarcastic laughter. And familiar laughter at that.

He looks around to find two large (and familiar-looking) ravens perched nearby. One has a light-colored band around its leg. While he’s watching, it slips the band off its leg with its beak and flings it at him while the other one lets out a caw that sounds a lot like “CATCH! CATCH!” They wait until he has either caught it or picked it up off the ground before flying away -- cawing/laughing the whole time until they are out of sight.

Upon further inspection, the band is actually a small slip of paper wrapped around an intricately-carved ring. Depending on the way the light hits the ring it appears to be made out of gold, silver, copper, or bronze. On the slip of paper are two words -- “Þakka fyrir.” Even as he stares at the words they morph into ones he can more easily understand -- “Thank you.”


Slipping the ring on his finger, the Wizard listens as Durak offers up his version of 3 choices with regard to returning to the caverns below, "We have not tried the book yet. The midst of a rainsoaked dragon battle is not typically the spot to whip out some reading material. Once we get somewhere dry, I am glad to look into the prospect. I would prefer the Gearhouse route given its proximity."

EP IQ Bonus: 1d6:
5
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 4d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: The Finale: The Dragon of Dread

Postby Tolliver Trask » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:41 pm

Perception: 1d100:
67
/24%
Just in Case: 1d20:
19
; 1d100:
60

Conditions: Fly as an Eagle.

Trask stands there, generally unsure of what he's supposed to do at the present. To save himself from looking to awkward, Trask fishes out his pipe and a bit of tobacco and fills his pipe. A brief fussing with a flint and steel the pipe is lit and Trask is puffing away. When it becomes obvious that no one actually has anything for him to do, Trask breifly approaches Linden. "Nice Job Griffin Rider, You almost might be up to the title of Suicide King." Trask says with a soft pat on the man's shoulder, not being unkind to Linden's injuries.

When it's mentioned that Lord Von'Lycien wants them to head back down into the ruins to secure them for the city. Trask nods and using the spell still active on him, he flies off to the giant hole in the ground and makes his way back down.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: The Finale: The Dragon of Dread

Postby Predat » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:17 pm

Rolls as above

Pre listens, "I would suggest we head back to the Skadge as a bunch of us left mounts there anyway. If not, it isn't a big deal, we can get them later. But let's get moving. If Tolliver flies off to the hole, Pre will follow. I always heard that is a really bad idea to follow one of those death squad guys. Oh well what is the worst that can happen, another ancient dragon to fight? Pre will keep his eyes open as this weather would be the perfect time to launch another attack.

Detect Ambush - 1d100:
97
/ 77%
Intelligence - 1d100:
3
/ 69%
Predat Tor

Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 68 / 68
S.D.C.: 161 / 161

Wearing his Shadow Armor
-Can see perfectly in total darkness; is completely invisible in darkness; and is impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness
-Only takes half damage from falls, fists, kicks and blunt weapons

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
All by the Lizard King himself!
:cheers:
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: The Finale: The Dragon of Dread

Postby SNAFU » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:20 am

Later That Day...
The city works to contain the inevitable fires that follow such a major catastrophe; care for the wounded and dead; assess the damage and then start to rebuild.
Image
Their task is daunting. The destruction was widespread. The dragon broke through at a spot chosen to maximize the damage, and coupled with the earthquake that toppled the House Von'Lycien, Llorn has literally been ripped asunder.
Image


Image
The Guild of Merchant Adventurers has been tasked with other duties. Investigate the lair of the dragon and to what extent it's corruption has spread under Llorn.
Image
The Catacombs of Llorn are a network underground tunnels including sewers and maintenance tunnels used and upkept by the city's various subterranean trade guilds. Most people know of its existence, though it is considered improper to skilk about underground.
Image
Dwarves and other under-folk will probably use the catacombs relatively frequently as in many cases it is a convenient way to traverse the city avoid crowds and traffic jams.

For this reason those involved with the Black Company will also be familiar with the Catacombs.
Image
Because of the shift in the earth that shook the city a whole new network of tunnels underneath the Catacombs has been discovered, apparently well-known to Goblins and other of the wretched-folk. These have been dubbed the Narrow Warrens.
Image
Finally, the Dragon itself revealed a yet another system of subterranean architecture even further below the city.

This is the Dragon Deep, that the Guild has been tasked with investigating.


Image
Of course there is the Hall of the Dragon's Hoard already spotted during the battle with the Wyrm. Clearly a Serpent of great age, the Black One had accumulated a fortune beyond counting.

Image
And before the thought of what should be down with all that gold can even pass through your heads the Duke arrives with his entire personal guard, to claim the Dragon's wealth for the city of Llorn.

In an astoundingly short amount of time the great Hoard is packed up, catalogued and hauled away.

For their excellent service, and loyalty, the Duke proclaims that every man there will be granted an account at the Werringtons House of Trade & Securities with 30,000 marks in it. (This is just for being there, and is not to be considered a reward for your deeds)
Image

While the great wealth is being secured it is time for the Guild to go to work. The caverns gape before the light of your torches and evidence of foul necromancy is everywhere.
Image

Looming totems to unholy creatures confound the senses and dour the mood of all who witness their obscenity.
Image

By the time you get to what must have been the dragon's private study the bizarre alchemic secrets displayed there seem almost quaint. There are tomes and instruments of many different forms of magic.

In addition many enchanted items and weapons are discovered; nearly all of them cursed and stained by evil. The Archon, without opposition, inserts himself as the overseer of care of theses special items.

Image
But for the agents of the Guild there is yet further down to go. They are descending deep into the bedrock of the city's foundations, further down than seems possible.

Image

And when last some plateau is reached only to reveal a mind-boggling structure constructed of eerie glowing crystals. It is an upside-down pyramid and once you attempt to enter it and make physical contact, a great mystic force can be felt by those sensitive to such things.
Image
The interior is larger than it should be! The dimension-bending architecture makes those who enter it briefly struck by extreme vertigo. It finally passes enough to allow you to take in the contents of the crystal Dimarip.
Image
Three glass tubes of the sort one sees in the Alchemist's workshop or at the Apothecary only gigantic; and floating dormant within each...
Image
Rests a horror without name. Three of them. Each unique in it's awesome ugliness and terrifying form.

Image
And it isn't even the end. The tunnels and caverns at this extreme depth seem to stretch forever. It becomes clear that you do not have the provisions or mandate to continue to explore the corridors forever. Once you are certain you have searched the extent of the Dragon's lair you mark the end of your exploration so that it may be continued at a later date.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You return to the Archon and report your findings. Even he seems baffled by the meaning of all that you've discovered.

"Experts must be summoned from Wisdom. Whatever this is. It can't be good."

Long hours have passed and you are all exhausted. The Archon has finished his own task and summons you to gather around him.

"The Duke seems satisfied with the newfound fortune and has agreed to allow our Guild to handle the more arcane aspects of our discovery. Most of what I found was corrupted and beyond redemption in terms of utility. I have sent the bulk of it to the Brotherhood to be processed there. Some precious items were too valuable on less useful not to add to the Duke's share, out of respect. I have secured a portion of the items for the Guild. Some of them are too dangerous to be put in anyone else's hands others were demanding to be used and seemed to fit some aspect of your individual requirements....

I've been told that I do not use positive reinforcement enough.. ahem,

Your deeds today have impressed even an old wardog like myself. I am proud of you all.

Sera, from now on may you find protection in Heimithakate the Huntress. And where one dragon has been others may come. We will need our archers at the ready. Take the masterly crafted Cirgan Bow."



Sera
Heimithakate the Huntress
Type: Composite banded & studded leather 3/4 suit; Greater Rune Item
Alignment: Unscrupulous
Description: Covers 3/4 of a human-sized wearer (A.R.: 16).
Common Rune powers:
1. Has an independent personality and an average I.Q. (13)
2. Communicates through limited telepathy.
3. Totally indestructible.
4. Made of gray metal and the leathery hide of an ancient beast and is covered with runes.
5. Links itself to their wielder/owner within six months of constant contact. Thus, both man and armor can sense each others presence within a four mile radius if separated.
6. Adds +1 to all saving throws.
7. Can be used only by a person of a selfish alignment. Characters not of a compatible alignment take 2D4 points of damage each time they touch the armor or 3D6 damage if a creature of magic.
Unique Power:
☞ Gift of Heim: Impervious to Horror Factor, Petrification, & Possession or Mind Control of any kind. +5 to Strike with any Bow weapon.
Personality: Heimithakate has a very complex nature. She can be paradoxically compassionate and vengeful, or nurturing and destructive, or even pacific and bloody. Ultimately, Athanasia is a huntress. She desires the thrill of the hunt whether that hunt be the pursuit of the night's dinner, an attractive potential mate (sexual conquest), or the pursuit of a specific goal. She is always very confident in her abilities and speaks boldly and without hesitation to her wearer about her shortcomings and strengths when either are displayed.


Cirgan Bow
Legendary Zen-Master's Bow
Range: 1200'
Damage: 4d6
Magic Features
• +3 to strike
• By closing his eyes and drawing the bow, the user of the Zen Master's bow can see/sense invisible creatures. By making a save vs magic while drawing the bow, the archer can actually sense ninja using their art of invisibility powers and shadow beasts! Shoots with
all his usual bonuses.
• By spending 1 P.P.E. point per arrow, the user can cause his arrows to do double if the target is a supernatural creature.
• By spending 5 P.P.E., the archer can double his rate of fire for one melee round!
• By spending 10 P.P.E. per melee round, the arrows shot from this bow can fly through tiny openings, twist through the air and fly around corners and other cover to strike hidden enemies, provided the shooter knows exactly where the difficult target is!

Predat, I give the tools to strike first. Instead of going toe-to-toe with an Elder Wyrm, our strategies must be pre-emptive. May we never be caught off guard again.

Predat
Shadow Armor See Rifter #12, pgs 36-37
Image
Legendary Mystical Armor Forged Completely of Shadow
A.R.: 16 (Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness)
S.D.C.: 400 (Armor is indestructible. If S.D.C. is depleted all abilities become inert and it turns into a normal shadow worn by the character, but it is not removable. After 8 hours all S.D.C. regenerates and the armor returns to normal.)
-If touched by good aligned characters they take 4d6 damage straight to Hit Points and their hand passes through the armor. Selfish characters who touch the armor take no damage, but receive a vicious chill and their hands pass through as well.
Magic Features
• +30% to Prowl.
• Wearer can see perfectly in total darkness.
• Wearer is completely invisible in darkness. While in darkness, he is impervious to all forms of magical detection.
• Travel through Shadows.
•• Wearer has the ability to travel between shadows as if through a magic Portal.
•• Can travel to any shadow within 2000' radius unimpeded.
•• Beyond 2000', the wearer may travel any shadowed location within 15 miles which he is personally familiar with.
•• May be used 3 times /day.
• Turn into Shadow
•• The wearer can turn himself and everything on his person into a single shadow. (Twisted semblance of the wearer)
•• In this form wearer can perform no actions other than movement.
•• In this form wearer is impervious to everything (from weapons, to magic, to psionics) except sunlight. Sunlight does 4d6 damage directly to Hit Points. Wearers killed in this form become trapped as a shadow forever and the armor vanishes into the plane of shadow.
Curse: None, unless trapped in shadow form as noted above.
History: These rare suits are thought to have been created in the time of thousand magics by powerful evil forces long dead.


Shadow Blade See Rifter #12, pgs 36
Image
Legendary Mystical Long Sword Forged Completely of Shadow
Damage: 6d6
-If touched by good aligned characters they take 4d6 damage straight to Hit Points and their hand passes through the blade. Selfish characters who touch one take no damage, but receive a vicious chill and their hands pass through as well.
Magic Features
• Completely invisible in darkness and hard to see in light.
• Wielder is +5 to strike in darkness, +3 in deep shadow, and +2 in light shadow.
• Eternally Sharp and Indestructible.
• +5 damage to all good creatures. Double damage to all angels and supernatural creatures of light.
History: These rare blades (can be any type of sword) are thought to have been created in the time of thousand magics by powerful evil forces long dead.


"Tatayana, I give you a bow worthy of your strength and courage. Furthermore, while the public has been distracted by calamity you have been able to operate unfettered, soon you will face discrimination once again. Use the powers of this Mantle to avoid the worst of it."

Tatyana
Wolvenar's Arc
Legendary Spirit Giant-Sized Bow Fetish
• Range: 2000'
• Damage: 1D4x10
• Indestructible
• Modifiers: +1 all saving throws, +2 save vs. H.F., +1 to strike, +1 to initiative, +1 APM when using the weapon
Note: Fires either physical arrows or arrows made of energy. Double damage to demons; triple damage to alien intelligences and their essence fragments.


Mantle of Power
This cloak and hood are fashioned from the leaf of an enormous tree of some sort, dyed red and black for effect. Its innate magic properties have been enhanced by the some dark Wizardry.
A.R.: 13
S.D.C.: 300 (magically enhanced) and worn as enchanted body armor.
Weight: 7 lbs (3.15 kg).
Payload: Each spell can be cast three times per 24 hour period.
Saving Throw: Standard, 12 or higher, when applicable.
Magic Powers: The ability to cast the following spells at fourth level proficiency and al no P.P.E. cost to the user/wearer.
1. Aura of Power: When activated, the wearer is surrounded by a golden glow that makes him appear to be three levels higher (to anyone using See Aura), 50% stronger, and gains a bonus of 1d4+2 to his M.A. attribute. Duration is four minutes.
2. Aura of Death: When activated. the wearer is surrounded by a nimbus of black flames that make him appear to be one of the undead. Duration is two minutes.
3. Charismatic Aura: When activated, the wearer becomes more attractive (+8 to P.B.) and can invoke feelings of friendship and trust or fear (Horror Factor of 13) in others or make them believe everything he says (01-80% chance).
4. Mask of Deceit: When the hood is raised to cover the head, the wearer's face changes to look like somebody else or a different race entirely. The magic lasts for as long as the hood is in place and for two minutes after it is removed (can be canceled by the wearer at any time).


"Tyral, we are dealing with masters of the arcane now, I need you to be there match. Take these, and become the great sorcerer we need."

Tyral
Faustionne
[insert image here]
Type: Greatest Rune Call Staff
Damage: 5d6 S.D.C. from physical blows.
Alignment: Unprincipled
1. Independent personality with an I.Q. of 20.
2. Communicate through limited telepathy.
3. Are totally indestructible, the blades never dull. Can be used to parry energy blasts at a -6 to parry (Single shots only, not bursts).
4. Made of white crystaline metal and lined from tip to handle with runes.
5. Do no less than 4D6 damage (in Rifts they do 4D6 M.D.). Most known weapons do not exceed 6D6 points of damage, although a few are known to do 1D4x10 and 1D6x10 damage. In mega-damage dimensions, that damage is mega-damage.
6. Link themselves to their wielder/owner within six months of constant contact. Thus, both man and weapon can sense each other's presence within a four mile radius if separated.
7. Adds +1 to all saving throws.
8. Can be used only by a person of a particular alignment (good, evil, or selfish). Characters of an incompatible alignment take 2D4 points of damage each time they touch the weapon or 3D6 damage if a creature of magic.
Greater & Special Abilities
• The bladed tip can delach and fly like a guided missile, +5 to strike a specified and moving target, inflicting 1d4x10 S.D.C., but can only be activated twice per melee round. Automatically returns to the staff.
• Spell Magic: Can cast these spells as often as three times each, per 24 hours: Calling, commune with Spirits, Magic Pigeon, Compulsion, Control & Enslave Entities, Repel Animals, and Tum Dead. Equal to an 8th level sorcerer.
• All summoning spells! However, a particular spell can be used no more than once every 48 hours. Equal to an 8th level sorcerer.
    Summon & Control Animals (125) - pg. 143
    Summon & Control Canines (50) - pg. 131
    Summon & Control Entity (250) - pg. 146
    Summon & Control Rain (200) - pg. 146
    Summon & Control Rodents (70) - pg. 136
    Summon & Control Sea Serpents (350) - pg. 151
    Summon & Control Storm (300) - pg. 149
    Summon Ally (600) - pg. 153
    Summon Fog (140) - pg. 143
    Summon Greater Familiar (80) - pg. 136
    Summon Lesser Being (425) - pg. 149
    Summon Ley Line Storm (500) - pg. 146
    Summon Shadow Beast (140) - pg. 137
Curse: (if any)
Personality: From the crucible of the Cosmic Womb to here, an immortal soul in an inanimate object... What's your deal?
History: Recently forged in the uncanny factories of a far-off world and acquired by the Black Dragon just a few weeks ago.



Belt of Great Resolve (Unique magic item)
• S.D.C.: 50
• The wearer of this belt receives a +3 bonus to all saves and a +10 bonus to save vs. Horror Factor


"Zephyr, fate has connected you to the Great Burning, Mulciber. These too have been brought to you by fate. Your efforts have satisfied Destiny."

Zephyr
Horizon's Eye, Leliana
Image
Type: Staff, Greater Rune Weapon
Damage: 5d6
P.P.E.: 90 (Rec 10/3hr)
I.S.P.: 120 (Rec 10/hr)
Alignment: Scrupulous
1. Independent personality with an average to high I.Q. (14)
2. Communicate through limited telepathy.
3. Are totally indestructible, the blades never dull. Can be used to parry energy blasts at a -6 to parry (Single shots only, not bursts).
4. Made of black, dark grey, blue grey, or dark red metal and lined from tip to handle with runes.
5. Do no less than 4D6 damage (in Rifts they do 4D6 M.D.). Most known weapons do not exceed 6D6 points of damage, although a few are known to do 1D4x10 and 1D6x10 damage. In mega-damage dimensions, that damage is mega-damage.
6. Link themselves to their wielder/owner within six months of constant contact. Thus, both man and weapon can sense each other's presence within a four mile radius if separated.
7. Adds +1 to all saving throws.
8. Can be used only by a person of a particular alignment (good, or selfish). Characters of an incompatible alignment take 2D4 points of damage each time they touch the weapon or 3D6 damage if a creature of magic.
Greater & Special Abilities
• Cast Wizard Magic
    • • Armor of Ithan, Mystic Alarm, Turn Dead, Blinding Flash, Impervious to Fire, Energy Bolt
• Psionic Abilities
    • • All Physical Powers
    • • (2 Super): Telekinetic Force Field, Pyrokinesis
Curse: Glowing White Eyes (if good), Glowing Yellow Eyes (if Selfish), Glowing Red Eyes (if Evil), causes the owner to have glowing colored eyes based on alignment that increases the M.A. to 22, but only serves as an intimidation factor (Trust level will remain the same). People who see this will automatically assume evil or possession until convinced otherwise. The curse only appears when Leliana is attuned to her owner.
Personality: Stalwart and Honorable. Will often urge the wielder to use only necessary force and will never accept killing an unarmed foe or innocent. (Note: If the wielder does kill an unarmed victim, regardless of alignment, the Glowing Eyes will begin to shift to Yellow, showing a taint in their purity. )
History: Forged deep in the bowels of the Old Kingdom to aid in the fight against the Old Ones, this staff was wielded by a powerful Fire Warlock who was known for having allied with the Great Mulciber, a Fire Elemental Intelligence of great wisdom. It was lost to the over 2,000 years ago when the famed Warlock was struck down by Netosa himself, all written lore about this weapon was lost.
It has laid dormant for centuries and was recently rediscovered by Erebosos (Typhon) Typhonikles, the Dragon that is in quiet control of Llorn.
Special: In addition to the above features, Horizon's Eye has a unique feature. When not being used as a staff weapon, it can take the shape of a small baton no more than a foot in length (1d6), or a pure and whimsical looking silverish walking stick (2d6). In this form, it loses none of its Rune abilities but remains undetectable by all means except scrying efforts by those who know of it. To use it's full damage of 5d6, it must be in full-form and thus detectable by those who can sense it.


Pyronene "Kiss of the Fire Eye" Necklace
[Image]
• Forms a suit of molten chain mail which provides 120 SDC with an A.R.: 18, Impervious to all fire, including magic and plasma. 4d6 SDC to anyone who touches the armor.
• Caster can disappear from view by melding into any nearby (110') fire, even one as small as a candle flame.
• 15 P.P.E. / 10 minutes
• P.P.E. Battery: 60


"Linden you awed us all with your power, and you took the brunt of the Wyrm's rage. I think your plans sound very promising, we will discuss it further in a few days. I had almost given up on our 'wyrm-hunt' but you persevered and our enemy is dead. Take these items to aid your cause in the future."

Linden
Bloodhart, Alistair
Image
Type: Greater Dragonslayer Rune Weapon
Damage: 1D4x10 (1D6x10 to Dragons)
P.P.E.: 60 (10/3hrs)
Alignment: Unprincipled (Any Alignment can wield this, if worthy)
1. Independent personality with an average to high I.Q. (12)
2. Communicate through limited telepathy.
3. Are totally indestructible, the blades never dull. Can be used to parry energy blasts at a -6 to parry (Single shots only, not bursts).
4. Made of black, dark grey, blue grey, or dark red metal and lined from tip to handle with runes.
5. Do no less than 4D6 damage (in Rifts they do 4D6 M.D.). Most known weapons do not exceed 6D6 points of damage, although a few are known to do 1D4x10 and 1D6x10 damage. In mega-damage dimensions, that damage is mega-damage.
6. Link themselves to their wielder/owner within six months of constant contact. Thus, both man and weapon can sense each other's presence within a four mile radius if separated.
7. Adds +1 to all saving throws.
8. Can be used only by a person of a particular alignment (good, evil, or selfish). Characters of an incompatible alignment take 2D4 points of damage each time they touch the weapon or 3D6 damage if a creature of magic.
Greater & Dragonslayer Abilities
• The wielder of the weapon is impervious to all special powers/attacks of true dragons, including deadly breath attacks, petrification, horror factor, and the dragon's gaze, but does not include dragon psionics or cast magic.
• The user gets one additional attack per melee round, but only when fighting a dragon.
• Casts Elemental Magic (Fire)
    • • Blinding Flash, Spontaneous Combustion, Fireball, Wall of Flames, Circle of Flame, Flame Lick
Curse: Marked, while wielding this Rune Weapon, he becomes a beacon for glory seekers and is often challenged in the streets. More often than not (95%), he is challenged by newcomers who know nothing of fighting (Lvl 1-2). For each life taken by this curse, the percentage drops 1-2%, making it more likely someone of equivalent power will attack the wielder. (Same level, similar class, random NPC)
Personality: Battleborn and hungry for more battle. Very courageous and will often urge the wielder into battle.
History: Alistair is a companion of Leliana and was too forged for the fight against the Old Ones. Alistar was wielded by a Grey Knight who lived in the fiery depths and fought against the Old Ones but not necessarily for the good, but for freedom. The Knight seemingly retired after watching his ally, a Great and Powerful Fire Warlock be struck down by Netosa; with whom his weapon was built to honor.
Special: When sheathed, the blade of this weapon seemingly vanishes and it can be held as though a it were a bladeless hilt. Only during combat does its blade materialize. When the weapon is dormant in this state, it is immune to recognizable features and appears no more than an ordinary hilt.
Image


Sagureth's Bridle
Unique Legendary Enchanted Item
This is a riding harness used by Sir Lylewynd to command Sagureth, his Unicorn steed. Sagureth, it is said, was the most magnificent of his kind. When its master died, Sagureth shook off the Bridle and left the Fallen Palace without so much as a backward glance. As he did, his brilliant white coat turned jet black.
Magic Features
1) Putting on the magic bridle tames the beast who wears it and allows the rider and animal to become "like brothers." From that moment forward the animal will let its master (the owner of the bridle) to saddle and ride it whenever necessary. Only one animal can be tamed like this at a time, the enchantment lasting until the owner or the animal dies. The animal may be a horse or any number of exotic riding animals (Pegasus, Gryphon, Dragondactyl, etc.).
2) The steed and its rider instantly gain a telepathic link with each other, making communication very simple and efficient.
3) The steed's Hit Points are doubled, and it now bio-regenerates 4D6 points of damage per hour.
4) The creature's Spd attribute increases by 50%, its leaping abilities are doubled, and it gains +2 on initiative. It also gains incredible stamina and can run, fly or swim (according to whatever abilities it has) for up to three days straight without tiring!
5) The lifespan of a mortal animal doubles.


Silhouette, fittingly you chose your own reward, keep it, for it may come in handy soon enough. These arrows should add to the deadliness of your bow and help you keep your distance.

Sil
Horrorslade
Image
Type: Cursed Greatest Rune Katana
Damage: 6d6 S.D.C. or 1d4x10 S.D.C. to humans, elves or dwarves.
Alignment: Anarchist
1. Independent personality with I.Q. of 17
2. Communicate through limited telepathy.
3. Are totally indestructible, the blades never dull. Can be used to parry energy blasts at a -6 to parry (Single shots only, not bursts).
4. Made of black, dark grey, blue grey, or dark red metal and lined from tip to handle with runes.
5. Do no less than 4D6 damage (in Rifts they do 4D6 M.D.). Most known weapons do not exceed 6D6 points of damage, although a few are known to do 1D4x10 and 1D6x10 damage. In mega-damage dimensions, that damage is mega-damage.
6. Link themselves to their wielder/owner within six months of constant contact. Thus, both man and weapon can sense each other's presence within a four mile radius if separated.
7. Adds +1 to all saving throws.
8. Can be used only by a person of a particular alignment (evil, or selfish). Characters of an incompatible alignment take 2D4 points of damage each time they touch the weapon or 3D6 damage if a creature of magic.
Greater & Special Abilities
• Soul Drinker! Ability to drink souls/absorb life essences: Victims of a soul drinking attack get to save vs magic, but must roll a 14 or higher. A successful save means the victim's essence is saved but suffers double damage; triple damage if a creature of magic, supernatural being, or a mega-damage creature. Soul drinkers are limited to a maximum of 1D6 souls per day.
• Inflict magic curses:;
• • Includes the following: luck curse, minor curse, phobia curse, compulsion, and remove curse (54%).
• • Each can be performed as often as three times per 24 hour period.
• • All are equal to a 10th level spell.
Curse: Curse Part 1: Tendrils from the Blade draws on the health of the wielder (1d6) per day and are unable to be removed unless the blade itself removes it.
Curse Part 2: The wielder cannot lie, and is forced to speak the truth about even the darkest of secrets.
Personality: Stabby, stabby, lottsa jabby!!! Chop, chop, Maestro!
History: Has apparently killed for both sides of every war since the beginning of time.


The Dozen Arrows of Alainaan
Unique Legendary Magic Arrows
Captain Alainaan, Therendil's top archer, fought using a normal bow but had 12 magic arrows, his legendary Dozen Arrows. Each of these arrows is constructed of solid metal yet they are feather-light. They are perfectly balanced and inflict great damage.
Magic Features
1) 3D6 points of damage per strike, double damage to dragons, serpents and worms.
2) Has a range of up to one mile (1.6 km).
3) Any normal shot with these arrows is +3 to strike. Any called shot is +1.
4) After hitting a target, the arrow magically disappears, though its damage remains, and the following melee round it instantly reappears back in the quiver from whence it came .
Note: As magic arrows they still hurt vampires but cannot "stake" them.


"Old man, though you need nothing, take these trinkets of luck and warding. Utu approves."

Trask
Minor Danzi Luck Fetish: Fox parts
Bonuses and Restrictions: +1 to initiative, +1 to dodge, +1 to roll with impact, +2 to save vs poisons and disease, and +2% to most skill rolls (+5% to cardsharp, seduction, demolitions, trap/mine detection and prospecting skills).
The duration of the luck/bonuses from a fox are constant, because fetishes made with fox are rare (the fox is a predator and cannot be hunted for food).


The Ring of Ages
[insert image here]
Unique Legendary Enchanted Ring
S.D.C.: (if armor or weapon, this is the default amount for such items unless increased through enchantment)
Magic Features
• This simple ring of silver confers 1D6+1 extra lives to its owner.
• That means whenever the wearer is slain, after one minute (4 melee rounds), the character instantly revives, at full Hit Points and S.D.C. and P.P.E. (and/or I.S.P. if psychic).
• This effect only works 1D6+1 times; roll when the owner first takes possession of the ring and keep track of it. Should the owner ever lose the ring and regain it, the number of extra lives remains constant, as if he never lost it in the first place.
• After this ring runs out of extra lives, it will no longer serve any purpose to the wearer, but cannot be removed by any means. It must continue to be worn for the rest of the character's natural life, which will be the long end of normal. In fact, characters who are careful and die of old age are said to revive a minute later as a 20 year old! This is repeated until the last life provided by the ring is gone, lost by natural causes or through foul play.
History: This ring was worn by the sage and mystic Gaan the Reckless, so named for his many daring exploits. Unfortunately, Gaan tended to Jeap before he looked, and got himself seriously hurt or killed on a few different occasions. What kept him going was his most precious possession, his Ring of Ages.


Warding Gauntlets of Deflection
(Unique magic item)

☞ S.D.C.: 100 each
☞ Bonus to Parry: +5 when worn; imparts Automatic parry to an unskilled wearer
☞ Wearer suffers only 1/2 damage from any form of magical attack
☞ Both gauntlets must be worn to receive the protections imparted


"Durak, not all battles are won by tooth and nail. Now is the time for preparation and rebuilding. Here are the tools you will need in the future."

Durak
The Gauntlets of Mastery
Image
Unique Legendary Enchanted Garment
M.D.C.: (if armor or weapon, this is the default amount for such items unless increased through enchantment)
Magic Features
These magical gloves were owned by Lady Meweyn of Westmarch, who used them on a more or less constant basis.
• When wearing the gloves, the wearer suddenly finds himself able to do things he never knew he could, as if unlocking some kind of hidden reserve of knowledge and experience. • • This effect adds +30% to all of the wearer's skill ratios, even for skills he has no idea how to perform! That's right, even skills the character has absolutely no experience in have a 30% chance of success, provided the skill requires the use of the hands. The gloves do not confer any hand to hand combat skills nor any physical skills aside from Swimming and Climbing.
• The gauntlets can take the shape of any kind of hand wear, from heavy falconry gauntlets to dainty lace gloves. All the wearer need do is mentally command the Gauntlets to change and they will. The transformation only takes a melee round. The gloves also automatically grow or shrink to fit anybody's hands from a Gnome to Troll-size.
• They always feel comfortable when worn, and will always keep the wearer's hands warm and dry.


Web Armor
Rare Enchanted Armor
A.R.: 15.
S.D.C.: Special; see below.
This magical suit of armor consists only of a pair of spider like bracers worn on both arms and covered in runes. In battle, the armor only becomes tangible when it intercepts a blow, at which time the spot where the weapon hits flares blue and ripples outward in a spider-web like shape. The armor can absorb an unlimited amount of physical damage and has an A.R. of 15. Thus, only strike rolls of 16 or higher bypass the Web Armor and strike the individual; all other attacks are absorbed by the magical armor. The only way to destroy the armor is to target the metal bracers/bracelets/wristbands (each has 200 S.D.C. and they are small, difficult targets to strike, requiring a called shot and a deliberate effort to hit them).



The Scraver
Unique Legendary Enchanted Stylus
M.D.C.: (if armor or weapon, this is the default amount for such items unless increased through enchantment)
Magic Features
• Read and write in any language, including runic and magic symbols, and perform even advanced mathematics with ease (98%).
• Anybody can use the Scraver to write with. It costs no P.P.E. ro do so, and will leave beautiful strokes of silvery, permanent ink that will adhere to anything, paper, wood, bark, stone, metal, skin, etc.
• The lines will stay permanent or until whoever wrote them gives the mental command for them to disappear.
• Of course, the pen NEVER runs out of ink.
History: This beautiful silver stylus (a pen with no nib) belonged to Jolaril Sindian, the official Diabolist of the Therendil court.


"Fox, this strange crystal weapon is literally demanding to be given to you. Take it and this ring of Apsis the goddess of healers."

Fox
Crystal Nagamaki
Image
Type: Crystal Sword/Staff
A.R.:18 S.D.C.: 700 (Restore 1 S.D.C. per 2 I.S.P.)
1. Energy Blade; Damage: 5d6 (2d6 as a blunt weapon) + 2 for every level of the bond; Duration: 4 minutes for 1 I.S.P Modifiers: +1 to strike, +2 to parry
2. Combat Awareness; Modifiers: +1 to initiative, +1 to dodge, cannot be surprised by sneak attack
3. Resistance to Energy; Duration: Constant Modifiers: Half damage from all energy attacks
4. Cure Disease; Any disease is immediately cured. No hit points lost through the course of the disease will be restored, but a quick recovery now begins-heals twice as fast as normal. I.S.P.: 20.
5. Heal Wounds; Restores 1d6 for each 5 I.S.P. spent
6. Crystal Skin; I.S.P. cost: 24 per 10 melees or 24 per skin.
7. Heal Burns; This magic will restore hit points lost by fire bums, energy burns or frostbite burns. I.S.P.: 5 per each 1D6 hit points restored.
8-12: Currently Inaccessible.
13. Personality Elements: Unprincipled Alignment; Fun-Loving; Curious; Talkative
14. Note: Can only be fully unlocked in the Crystal Valley




Golden Ring of Apsis
Special Properties:
-As the user attempts to put the ring on, it resizes to fit the user’s right ring finger.
Magical Abilities:
The user can call upon the power inside of the ring cast the following spells:
• Sustain three times per week
• Create Water once per day
• Purification once per day
• • Note: All spell effects at 6th level equivalent.


"As fate would have it there is a set of items that matches your numbers here, although Thorgrim is busy elsewhere.

Select the one which you think suits you best."


Eleven Bands for the Band of Eleven
First of Twelve Rings for the Elder Dwarven Kings
Image
Extremely Rare Legendary Enchanted Ring
M.D.C.: (if armor or weapon, this is the default amount for such items unless increased through enchantment)
Magic Features
• Blink of an Eye (BoM p48); three times daily.
• Invisibility: 10 minutes; three times daily
• Increase P.P. by 3
• Increase M.A. by 3


Second of Twelve Rings for the Elder Dwarven Kings
Image
Extremely Rare Legendary Enchanted Ring
M.D.C.: (if armor or weapon, this is the default amount for such items unless increased through enchantment)
Magic Features
• Charismatic Aura (BOM 99): 9 minutes, three times daily.
• Charm: 10 minutes; three times daily.
• Increase P.B. by 3
• Increase M.A. by 3



Third of Twelve Rings for the Elder Dwarven Kings
Image
Extremely Rare Legendary Enchanted Ring
M.D.C.: (if armor or weapon, this is the default amount for such items unless increased through enchantment)
Magic Features
• X-Ray Vision; three times daily.
• Second Sight:(BOM 118): 2 minutes; three times daily.
• Increase I.Q. by 3
• Increase M.E. by 3


Fourth of Twelve Rings for the Elder Dwarven Kings
Image
Extremely Rare Legendary Enchanted Ring
M.D.C.: (if armor or weapon, this is the default amount for such items unless increased through enchantment)
Magic Features
• Metamorphosis Animal: 30 minutes; twice daily.
• Metamorphosis Human: 30 minutes; twice daily.
• Increase P.S. by 10
• Increase Speed by 10


Fifth of Twelve Rings for the Elder Dwarven Kings
Image
Extremely Rare Legendary Enchanted Ring
M.D.C.: (if armor or weapon, this is the default amount for such items unless increased through enchantment)
Magic Features
• Energy Field (BOM 101): 8 minutes; three times daily.
• Invulnerability (BOM 116): 2 minutes; three times daily.
• Increase M.E. by 3
• Increase P.E. by 3


Sixth of Twelve Rings for the Elder Dwarven Kings
Image
Extremely Rare Legendary Enchanted Ring
M.D.C.: (if armor or weapon, this is the default amount for such items unless increased through enchantment)
Magic Features
• Superhuman Agility (MA 16): 20 melees; twice daily.
• Superhuman Strength (BOM 109): 20 melees; twice daily.
• Increase P.P. by 3
• Increase Speed by 10



Seventh of Twelve Rings for the Elder Dwarven Kings
Image
Extremely Rare Legendary Enchanted Ring
M.D.C.: (if armor or weapon, this is the default amount for such items unless increased through enchantment)
Magic Features
• Dispel Magic Barriers (BOM 99): 9 minutes, three times daily.
• Escape (BOM 106): Instant, three times daily.
• Increase P.B. by 3
• Increase I.Q. by 3



Eighth of Twelve Rings for the Elder Dwarven Kings
Image
Extremely Rare Legendary Enchanted Ring
M.D.C.: (if armor or weapon, this is the default amount for such items unless increased through enchantment)
Magic Features
• Greater Healing (BOM 106): Instant, three times daily.
• Mend the Broken (BOM 106): Instant, three times daily.
• Increase M.A. by 3
• Increase P.E. by 3



Ninth of Twelve Rings for the Elder Dwarven Kings
Image
Extremely Rare Legendary Enchanted Ring
M.D.C.: (if armor or weapon, this is the default amount for such items unless increased through enchantment)
Magic Features
• Fighting Spirit (MA 9): 3 minutes, three times daily.
• Demon Strength (Supernatural)
    This magic gives its recipient the equivalent of Demon Strength. In other words, add 10 points to the character's P.S. and turn it into Supernatural Strength for the duration of the spell: 8 minutes, three times daily.
• Increase P.P. by 3
• Increase P.S. by 10


Tenth of Twelve Rings for the Elder Dwarven Kings
Image
Extremely Rare Legendary Enchanted Ring
M.D.C.: (if armor or weapon, this is the default amount for such items unless increased through enchantment)
Magic Features
• Supernatural Endurance (BOM 99): 8 hours, two times daily.
• Heal Self (BOM 113): Instant, three times daily.
• Increase P.E. by 3
• Increase P.S. by 10



Eleventh of Twelve Rings for the Elder Dwarven Kings
Image
Extremely Rare Legendary Enchanted Ring
M.D.C.: (if armor or weapon, this is the default amount for such items unless increased through enchantment)
Magic Features
• Beat Insurmountable Odds (BOM 113): Special, three times daily.
• Mask of Deceit (BOM 113): 60 minutes, three times daily.
• Increase M.A. by 3
• Increase I.Q. by 3


"I fear these foulish substances might be of use one day. These need to be kept from the wrong hands at the very least. Take what you can use and the rest will be stored in the Guildhall."

Dangerous Chemicks Secured by the Guild
Magus Max Inventory (Doses): [37]

Poisons (WB12.108)
Shady Jack, Inventory (Doses): [69]
Blueskin, Inventory (Doses): [75]
Ghost, Inventory (Doses): [25]
Three-Step, Inventory (Doses): [45]
Dunderhead, Inventory (Doses): [93]
Rutterkin, Inventory (Doses): [80]
Quintus, Inventory (Doses): [35]
Inferno, Inventory (Doses): [67]
Stonebones, Inventory (Doses): [87]
Gibber, Inventory (Doses): [39]
Spiderbite, Inventory (Doses): [58]
Last Rites Inventory (Doses): [98]
Dragon's Venom (PFRPG.267) Inventory (Doses): [69]
Dragon's Breath (blood poison) (PFRPG.267) Inventory (Doses): [45]
Basilisk's Eye (blood poison) (PFRPG.267) Inventory (Doses): [84]
Wasp Fever Inventory (Doses): [89]
Scorpion 's Sting Poison Inventory (Doses): [78]
Tarantula's Bite Inventory (Doses): [99]
Serpent's Tongue Inventory (Doses): [59]
Serpent's Kiss Poison Inventory (Doses): [89]
Serpent's Dream Poison Inventory (Doses): [98]
Serpent's Blood Poison Inventory (Doses): [88]
Serpent's Bite Poison Inventory (Doses): [66]
The Great Wyrms's Cosmic Venom is a poison that is potent enough to affect even supernatural intelligences! Inventory (Doses): [49]



Narcotics
Medina (Nirvana, Bliss) — Very Rare (PFRPG.267) Inventory (Doses): [350]
Fansolin (Mindbender) — Rare (PFRPG.267) Inventory (Doses): [537]
Jenelfin (Vision): (PFRPG.267) Inventory (Doses): [1173]
Yendari (Soulcatcher, Pawn) — Very Rare: (PFRPG.267) Inventory (Doses): [469]
Wharifin (Downer, Dreamice) — Rare: (PFRPG.267) Inventory (Doses): [585]
Kyukumea (Brainlock) (WB8.162) — Rare Inventory (Doses): [122]
Gafaha (Urchin, Edge) (WB8.162) — Rare Inventory (Doses): [1413]
Bonagago — Very Rare Inventory (Doses): [684]
A powerful stimulant that is roughly equal to drinking five pots of coffee and taking a hit of speed.
Duration: 36+4D6 hours per dose.

Medicine:
Al-Kazin — Rare: (PFRPG.267) Inventory (Doses): [144]
Rodoffrin — Uncommon (PFRPG.267) Inventory (Doses): [189]

Potions
Drought of Mystical Healing (instantly stops bleeding and restores 4D6 Hit Points or S.D.C.;) Inventory (Doses): [59]
Drought of Cure Poison (instantly negates all but magic poisons, and restores 2D6 points of damage cause by poison), Inventory (Doses): [49]
Drought of Strength (adds 1D4+6 points to P.S. attribute for 10 minutes), Inventory (Doses): [89]
Drought of Super-Strength (adds 1D6+6 turns ordinary P.S. into Supernatural Strength for three minutes) Inventory (Doses): [67]
Drought of Superhuman Endurance (same as spell for three hours) Inventory (Doses): [64]
Drought of Superhuman Speed (same as spell for ten minutes) Inventory (Doses): [81]
Drought of Compulsion or Charm (to be used against someone, functions the same as the spells; must be drunken) Inventory (Doses): [29]

"These items are born of evil... yet by using them wisely we may combat yet a greater evil. These need to be kept from the wrong hands at the very least. Take what you can use and the rest will be stored in the Guildhall. "


Dangerous Magicks Secured by the Guild
Soul Gems
P.P.E. Batteries Inventory: [9]
Spell Stones Inventory: [1] Summon & Control Entity (13/13); [1] Control & Enslave Entity (13/13); [2] Metamorphosis: Superior (13/13); [3] Mystic Portal (13/13); [3] Invisibility: Superior (13/13); [3] Metamorphosis: Animal (13/13); [3] Love Charm (13/13); [3] Metamorphosis: Human (13/13); [3] Negate Magic (13/13); [3] Metamorphosis: Human (13/13); [1] Calm Storms (13/13); [1] Metamorphosis: Mist (13/13); [1] Summon & Control Entity (13/13); [1] Time Hole (13/13);
Immurement StonesInventory: Large: [4] Small: [9]

"Knowledge is power. These need to be kept from the wrong hands at the very least. Take what you can use and the rest will be stored in the Guildhall."

Grimoires and Tomes Secured by the Guild
Grimoire: Object Read the Dead (BOM)
Grimoire: Death Strike (BOM)
Grimoire: D-Phase (BOM)
Grimoire: Track Thy Enemy (BOM)
Grimoire: Time Warp: Slow Motion (BOM)
Grimoire: Divining Tombs & Graves (BOM)
Grimoire: Retro-Viewing (BOM)
Grimoire: Remote Viewing (BOM)
Grimoire: Farseeing (MA 9)
Grimoire: Nightvision (MA)
Grimoire: Infrared Vision(MA)
Grimoire: Eavesdrop (MA)
Grimoire: Quickstrike (MA)
Grimoire: Quickaction (MA)
Grimoire: Slam (MA)
Grimoire: Stun Baton (MA)
Grimoire: Erase Trail (MA)
Grimoire: Sense PPE (NBMB 128)
Grimoire: Cleanse (BOM)
Grimoire: Mystic Direction Sense (MA)
Grimoire: Mystic Marksmanship (MA)
Grimoire: Create Wood (BOM 96)
Grimoire: Mystic Fulcrum (BOM 96)
Grimoire: Mystic Pitching Throw (MA 11)
Grimoire: Chromatic Protection (BOM)
Grimoire: Deflect (BOM)
Grimoire: Fist of Fury (BOM)
Grimoire: Stealthwalk (MA)
Grimoire: Armor Bizarre (BOM)
Grimoire: Choking Blast & Dust Cloud (MA)
Grimoire: House of Glass (BOM)
Grimoire: Sustain (BOM)
Grimoire: Energize Spell (BOM)
Grimoire: Magelock (MA)
Grimoire: Power Bolt (BOM)
Grimoire: Firestorm (HUGM 188)
Grimoire: Magical-Adrenal Rush (BOM)
Grimoire: Vampire Dance (MA)
Grimoire: Winged Flight (BOM)
Grimoire: Aura of Doom (BOM)
Grimoire: D-Step (BOM)
Grimoire: Purge Self (BOM)
Grimoire: Block or Seal Against Teleportation & Mystic Portal (DB13 121)
Grimoire: Deathword (BOM)
Grimoire: Warped Space (BOM)
Grimoire: Firequake (BOM)
Grimoire: Magic Warrior (BOM)
Grimoire: Bottomless Pit (BOM)
Grimoire: Energy Sphere (BOM)
Grimoire: Soultwist (BOM)
Grimoire: Enscorcel (BOM)
Grimoire: Swap Places (BOM)
Grimoire: Speed Demon
(a.k.a. Run like a Demon)
Range: Self or another by touch but at double the P.P.E. cost (60 points).
Duration: One minute (four melee rounds) per level of experience.
Saving Throw: None.
P.P.E.: 30
An impressive spell that gives the character incredible running speed and lightning
reflexes: Can run at 200 mph (320 km) without damaging the footwear or feet, leap 20 feet (6 m) across, 10 feet (3 m) high, + 3 to dodge while running, + 1 to disarm, + 1 to pull punch, and gets one extra attack per melee round.


Tome: Anthropology
Tome: Archaeology
Tome: Advanced Archaeology*
Tome: Astronomy
Tome: Astrology
Tome: Advanced Astronomy & Astrology**
Tome: Area Knowledge
Tome: Biology
Tome: Botany
Tome: Cryptography
Tome: Identify Sea Life
Tome: Gemology
Tome: Law
Tome: Holistic Medicine
Tome: Medical Doctor
Tome: Advanced Medical Doctor & Holistic Medicine & Biology
Tome: Mathematics: Advanced
Tome: Heraldry
Tome: Advanced Heraldry & Area Knowledge
Tome: History
Tome: Advanced History*
Tome: Lore: Astral
Tome: Lore: Culture
Tome: Advanced Culture & History & Area Knowledge
Tome: Lore: Psionics
Tome: Advanced Lore: Psionics & Astral**
Tome: Lore: Undead
Tome: Advanced Lore: Undead*
Tome: Lore: Witch
Tome: Advanced Lore: Witch*
Tome: Lore: Demons & Monsters
Tome: Advanced Lore: Demons & Monsters*
Tome: Advanced Lore: Demons & Witch & Undead***
Tome: Lore: Faerie Folk
Tome: Lore: Geomancy
Tome: Advanced Lore: Geomancy & Astrology**
Tome: Advanced Lore: Geomancy & Astrology & Mathematics: Advanced***
Tome: Lore: Magic
Tome: Advanced Lore: Magic*
Tome: Lore: Religion
Tome: Advanced Lore: Religion*
Tome: Advanced Lore: Religion & Magic & History***
Tome: Advanced Lore: Religion & Cryptography & Mathematics: Advanced***
Tome: Lore: Sea

A Most Studious and Scholarly Wyrm
  • Reading one of these tomes will add +10% to the appropriate skill.
  • In the case of advanced entries with a single (*) asterisk an additional +15% can be added at the risk of a Sanity Check. Two (**) asterisks mean the bonus is +8% to each skill listed and three (***) asterisks means the bonus is +5% per skill. All require a Sanity Check.
  • One must have read all related introductory tomes to understand the advanced tomes.
  • Reading any three tomes will force a Sanity Check.
  • Only one Tome's bonus can be added per skill.
  • As many tomes can be read as desired.
  • A basic tome takes 2 weeks to fully comprehend. Add another week per asterisk for advanced tomes.
  • Roll against you literacy skill, a failed roll increases the time required by 50%.


These items of great value will be kept in the Guild hall until such a time as they are needed.

Items and Weapons Secured for the Guild
Siege Breaker
Crystal Ball
Divination Ball
Silver Rune Key[/b
[b]The Link


Whatchado?
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
 
Posts: 1393
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: GAME MASTER: The Roughnecks

Re: The Finale: The Dragon of Dread

Postby Fox » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:49 am

Fox is amazed by the quantity of magic that the dragon possessed...and by the arrogance that made it join the battle without some of the items that could surely have saved its life. For the most part, it is obvious that the main reason we are the ones being given the items is because we were the first to confront the dragon...and the ones to fight it in the air so that it could be brought down where it could be slain.

The strange crystal hilt for a sword seems familiar...not specifically familiar like something he owned before, but generally familiar, like he has seen something LIKE it before. It likely belongs with the other strange crystal item in Fox's possession. For some reason, he seems to be unable to recall where he saw such a thing before, though he has the feeling it is important.

Fox bows to the Archon as he accepts the rewards. Still, the rewards worry him.

Fox is worried actually, he has more magic now than any Kankoran he knows...more than some entire tribes of Kankoran. In the tales and legends of his people, such magic only descends upon the greatest of heroes, generally as gifts from the gods before they face the most difficult of challenges. That we all have such power would suggests that the fatespinners have tasks ahead of them of such difficulty that only a gathering of heroes may face it.

When it it time for the allocation of rings, Fox will state, "As a Healer, I see two choices about these rings. Either I should be given the ring that heals that I may cure others in dire need more swiftly, or another should have it and I should have a ring that makes my survival to heal later more certain. I will leave it to the rest of you to decide which it of greater value."


Fox is eager to increase his studies of healing skills in the revealed tomes...but wonders. can such knowledge exist without a price?

(OOC: I feel certain the sanity check thing would not be known yet.)

Fox would, tentatively, add at the end of the ceremony, "If it would not be too much to ask, might I be restored to myself? While this Kobold form has been useful in exploring underground areas, it is not my natural form and I would much prefer to be myself."
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/130 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 26/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: The Finale: The Dragon of Dread

Postby Predat » Tue May 01, 2018 8:46 pm

Perception: 1d100:
55
/ 40%
JiC: 1d20:
7
1d100:
6


Conditions:

Predat keeps a close watch on their surroundings while they are dungeon diving. He just smirks when they hit the tunnels he knows from personal use. but they keep going down. When they hit the treasure room. Abyss, that is a lot of coin!! He is amused at how quickly the Duke's guard packs up the mounds upon mounds of treasure. Any of those soldiers could be bankers when they retire.

He enjoys the dive into the tunnels below, but starts to get concerned at what they are finding! This must have been an important site eons ago. He shakes his head at each new discovery. All this just below Llorn? Dangerous times are ahead!

When they return he shakes his head when they see the Archon. He reveals all that he has seen.
Archon wrote:I've been told that I do not use positive reinforcement enough.. ahem,

Pre just smiles, He should go through the special ops training at the brigade if he wants to see "positive reinforcement?"

Pre is amazed at the pile of items being handed out, "Damn this was an old dragon!" As he is handed his armor and sword he just looks in amazement, is this what I think it is? I thought these things were just make believe. The fantasies of old assassins. As he is told what they are, his grin gets larger, till most can see all his pointed teeth. Then the rings are described, Sweet Abyss! Pre speaks up, "I would like either, ring 1, ring 4 or ring 6, though 7 is mighty fine as well!" Pre obviously eyes the silver rune key as it is put away and winks if the Archon looks his direction. Now those, I have heard about. Hope I get a chance to use it. "Damn that was a nice haul! I don't doubt that we could defeat any force in the world that is near our own size. We will need to watch each others backs as many will come to take these items if they can." He looks at Zephyr and Tyral, "I'm guessing there will be a lot of blood in our future. Hopefully these items will mean the blood will be from our enemies instead of our own."

If they are heading out, Pre will head to get his mount, Hey Stupid, and bring him back to the city.

Things to do:
-Check on his ship and if he has the funds he may request some weapons be mounted.
-Train with his new items.
-Check on the arena battle schedule.
-Train!
-Check in with Silk and the guild, maybe there is a job?
-Train even more!
Predat Tor

Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 68 / 68
S.D.C.: 161 / 161

Wearing his Shadow Armor
-Can see perfectly in total darkness; is completely invisible in darkness; and is impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness
-Only takes half damage from falls, fists, kicks and blunt weapons

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
All by the Lizard King himself!
:cheers:
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: The Finale: The Dragon of Dread

Postby Tyral » Wed May 02, 2018 7:52 am

Perception [63%]: 1d100:
23

D20 JiC: 1d20:
11

D100 JiC: 1d100:
21


PPE: 62/229
Bracelet PPE: 120/120
SDC: 30/43
HP: 52/52

Conditions: Nightvision: 60' [30' in unnatural Magic Darkness], Spell Strength of 15, Tongues [constant] & Truesight [Sees through Magical and Psionic illusions, Not Affected by Magical or Non-Magical Darkness, and can See Invisible], Bracelet [½ PPE cost for Spells]

Assembled with the others as Von'Lycien begins to hand out treasures from the Dragon's horde, Tyral seems distantly troubled by their underground sojourn and the revelation that Llorn in this time of Man is just a surface layer above eons of dangerous history, at best obscuring, not really containing lurking horrors from beneath. Tyral shoves the staff he normally uses down into his dimensional bag before he steps forward to take the intricately carved staff/piece of artwork [Call Staff, Faustionne] from Elias solemnly, "Magnificent. Yet there is a pit in my stomach at free flow of these awesome heirlooms, because I fear even these treasures will find us hard pressed in the future."

The Wizard then moves quietly over to examine the tomes and grimoires assembled. Over time, he selects numerous books from the pile which vanish into his [Dimensional] Satchel that never appears to be full. OCC: Tyral's bag is not endless, but it has an extended 90lb capacity.

Grimoire: Power Bolt (BOM)
Grimoire: Firestorm (HUGM 188)
Grimoire: D-Phase (BOM)
Grimoire: D-Step (BOM)
Grimoire: Swap Places (BOM)
Grimoire: Speed Demon
Grimoire: Purge Self (BOM)
Grimoire: Block or Seal Against Teleportation & Mystic Portal (DB13 121)
Grimoire: Warped Space (BOM)
Grimoire: Firequake (BOM)
Grimoire: Magic Warrior (BOM)
Grimoire: Bottomless Pit (BOM)
Grimoire: Energy Sphere (BOM)
Grimoire: Soultwist (BOM)
Grimoire: Enscorcel (BOM)
Grimoire: Death Strike (BOM)
Grimoire: Track Thy Enemy (BOM)
Grimoire: Time Warp: Slow Motion (BOM)
Grimoire: Retro-Viewing (BOM)
Grimoire: Remote Viewing (BOM)
Grimoire: Farseeing (MA)
Grimoire: Nightvision (MA)
Grimoire: Infrared Vision(MA)
Grimoire: Eavesdrop (MA)
Grimoire: Stun Baton (MA)
Grimoire: Erase Trail (MA)
Grimoire: Sense PPE (NBMB 128)
Grimoire: Mystic Direction Sense (MA)
Grimoire: Create Wood (BOM 96)
Grimoire: Mystic Fulcrum (BOM 96)
Grimoire: Chromatic Protection (BOM)
Grimoire: Deflect (BOM)
Grimoire: Stealthwalk (MA)
Grimoire: Sustain (BOM)
Grimoire: Energize Spell (BOM)
Grimoire: Magelock (MA)
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 4d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: The Finale: The Dragon of Dread

Postby Predat » Wed May 02, 2018 8:26 pm

Rolls as above

Pre sees Tyral looking over the magical books, so he looks over the others. Hmmm, these are interesting. Pre looks up, "I'll take the Lore Sea and Heraldry tomes if no one minds. I'll return them to the hall when finished." He watches Trask, curious about what ring the old suicide loon will take.
Predat Tor

Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 68 / 68
S.D.C.: 161 / 161

Wearing his Shadow Armor
-Can see perfectly in total darkness; is completely invisible in darkness; and is impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness
-Only takes half damage from falls, fists, kicks and blunt weapons

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
All by the Lizard King himself!
:cheers:
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: The Finale: The Dragon of Dread

Postby Durak » Thu May 03, 2018 3:30 am

Perception 47% 1d100:
92

JIC 1d20:
2
1d100:
63


As the group headed down into the caverns, Durak took the lead in order to ascertain their route was not about to collapse due to instability. Last thing they wanted was for them to survive a battle with a dragon to be killed by debris even if they could still fly thanks to Zephyr.

OOC Comments
Underground Architecture 51% (+5%)1d100:
46

Masonry 56% 1d100:
40

Ascertain what works were needed to fix the damage as well


As they make their way through the horde of gold, Durak occasionally checks a piece to establish the quality, stopping beforehand to get Sil or Tyral or anybody else who might be able to sense such things for the presence of magic, curses etc.

Finding the Dragon’s study, Durak almost goes into palpations and start salivating in the Dragon’s study, wanting to dive in and start reading. When the Archon takes control of the items before he can do so, somebody in the party has to practically drag Durak out to explore down below.

“But…but…” Durak stammers, not wanting to leave, but wanting to explore the knowledge and secrets contained within the study. Eventually resigned to his fate at not being able to sit in the study and read to his heart’s content, as they go further down, he was curious about the tunnels they found themselves, especially when they got passed where the dragon had explored and into the new territory.

‘Different than the one created by magic back in the Gatehouse. Look to be not entirely natural, but not to the extent from before.

OOC Comments
Underground Architecture 51% (+5%)1d100:
37

Masonry 56% 1d100:
100


When they find the creatures, Durak marvels at them for a few moments, before he decides to examine around the crystals, checking them for structural intregrity and if there are any markings that can be seen.
“What are these creatures? If they were what they were trying to awaken, I think we could feel that.”
He studiously avoided referencing the Old Ones, trying not to tempt fate.
“Obviously, the Duke will need to put a large contingent of guards down here. Don’t want just anybody disturbing whatever these are. “

I wonder if the dragon had anything in his study on what these creatures are? He ponders as they return to the surface, practically salivating at the idea of raiding the Dragon's study..
“Was it more happenstance that the city was built here? Did somebody direct the founders to build here?” Durak ponders out loud, wondering if anybody had any ideas or responses.

OOC Comments
Durak so needs to take history as I recall there were ruins Llorn was built on


When they return to the Archon and the guild (after however long our explorations were), Durak was almost bemused by the praise. We weren’t expecting a dragon; heck even our survival was based more on saving our own skins initially.
Just wish we’d been able to prevent the devastation
he thought forlornly, feeling some guilt at the lives lost. Could they have done more, been better prepared or just defeated the dragon before it escaped the cavern?

As Durak receives his items, Durak smiles and thanks the Archon, whilst trying to figure out how to wear everything he has been given.
‘I am going to have to reorganise my equipment. If I wear anything more, I might fall over.’ And 30000 in gold. It’s a start. In fact, that would do as a basis for the idea percolating in my head. Where’s Sil? Tyral may have turned me down, but she might be able to provide the same abilities with some additional insights.

Looking at the rings first, he exclaims as he quickly realises their providence.
“These are dwarven items. I request ring 11, but does anybody know where they came from? The clan at Northolme might be interesting to learn that these have been uncovered."


If they get chance, Durak sits with Tyral (and possibly Sil if Tyral is amenable) to look at the book and test if they can now open it and read what it says. Durak has his new stylus ready just in case to translate if it is in a language none of them understand, without having to resort to a magical spell.

As the group discuss things amongst themselves, he also steals a moment with Sil for a private conversation.
“Sil, you know your magic. I want to organise the dwarves into a guild as part of the rebuilding efforts. If we want to use it as well for efforts that assist in the war we are in. Some magical expertise will be required, as will an element of sneakiness. Something that definitely comes easy to you I’ve noticed. Basically, I need a partner that offers that different a perspective.”
OOC Comments
Durak is extending Sil some trust here, but more or less as we discuss on hangouts.


Presuming she agrees, they approach the Archon with the idea.

“We have an idea that might benefit Llorn, our own efforts against this cult and admittedly an opportunity for ourselves as well.
For rebuilding Llorn, the mages and warlocks might be able to provide the heavy lifting, but it requires designing. In terms of engineering knowhow, the Dwarves are unsurpassed at this.
Obviously fronted by two of the heroes of Llorn, rather than just hiring Dwarves to do the design and work, we set up a new guild for them to work through. The benefit for our efforts is that by designing and controlling the works to a degree, we can integrate secret areas, safe houses, drop off points that we can use. Some of the monies can also be funnelled into funds to fight this covert war.”
Durak explains his idea, gesticulating with his hands as he does so.
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: The Finale: The Dragon of Dread

Postby Tolliver Trask » Thu May 03, 2018 11:17 am

Perception: 1d100:
72
/33%
Just in Case: 1d20:
9
/1d100:
89

Conditions: None.

SNAFU wrote:Of course there is the Hall of the Dragon's Hoard already spotted during the battle with the Wyrm. Clearly a Serpent of great age, the Black One had accumulated a fortune beyond counting.

And before the thought of what should be down with all that gold can even pass through your heads the Duke arrives with his entire personal guard, to claim the Dragon's wealth for the city of Llorn.

In an astoundingly short amount of time the great Hoard is packed up, catalogued and hauled away.

For their excellent service, and loyalty, the Duke proclaims that every man there will be granted an account at the Werringtons House of Trade & Securities with 30,000 marks in it. (This is just for being there, and is not to be considered a reward for your deeds)


Though most would call Trask a fatalist or even a Nihilist, the amount of treasures contained in the trove are tempting to even a man such as he. His view sweeps across piles of gold the height of giants. Such marvels that could be built with this wealth. Trask thinks around the time the Duke shows up with his contingent. And as can be expected, where their is wealth, there shall be nobles. Trask isn't to surprised when the Duke claims all the gold for himself... or the city as he put it. Though Trask is a bit surprised at how generous the Duke is to everyone present.


SNAFU wrote:While the great wealth is being secured it is time for the Guild to go to work. The caverns gape before the light of your torches and evidence of foul necromancy is everywhere.

Looming totems to unholy creatures confound the senses and dour the mood of all who witness their obscenity.


Trask walks stoically, eyeing the fell statues to dark otherworldly beings. If his mood could be considered dark before, it turns outright black afterwards. Men were not meant to meddle in the affairs of dragons, and so it seems dragons were not meant to meddle in the affairs of... well whatever those idols were to.

SNAFU wrote:By the time you get to what must have been the dragon's private study the bizarre alchemic secrets displayed there seem almost quaint. There are tomes and instruments of many different forms of magic.

In addition many enchanted items and weapons are discovered; nearly all of them cursed and stained by evil. The Archon, without opposition, inserts himself as the overseer of care of theses special items.


Trask is almost on edge when the group reaches the Dragons study. His gaze searches every corner looking for the inevitable beast to leap at them. When no beast or trap comes, Trask is confused. Perchance he considered his study this deep below truly safe. When the Archon arrives, again Trask seems unsurprised, though the appearance of his patron doesn't trigger negatively like the appearance of the Duke earlier.

SNAFU wrote:But for the agents of the Guild there is yet further down to go. They are descending deep into the bedrock of the city's foundations, further down than seems possible.

And when last some plateau is reached only to reveal a mind-boggling structure constructed of eerie glowing crystals. It is an upside-down pyramid and once you attempt to enter it and make physical contact, a great mystic force can be felt by those sensitive to such things.

The interior is larger than it should be! The dimension-bending architecture makes those who enter it briefly struck by extreme vertigo. It finally passes enough to allow you to take in the contents of the crystal Dimarip.

Three glass tubes of the sort one sees in the Alchemist's workshop or at the Apothecary only gigantic; and floating dormant within each... Rests a horror without name. Three of them. Each unique in it's awesome ugliness and terrifying form.


Trasks eyes rest on the creatures, one that sees in the real world and one that seems blessed by the lords of the dead. To both he is left with a sense of dread and confusion. "These will need to be studied and either contained further or destroyed I think." Trask says to no one in a matter of fact way.

SNAFU wrote:And it isn't even the end. The tunnels and caverns at this extreme depth seem to stretch forever. It becomes clear that you do not have the provisions or mandate to continue to explore the corridors forever. Once you are certain you have searched the extent of the Dragon's lair you mark the end of your exploration so that it may be continued at a later date.


Trask looks at the mark they have placed. I wonder if humankind has been any deeper... certainly something has, but I doubt it was human.




SNAFU wrote:You return to the Archon and report your findings. Even he seems baffled by the meaning of all that you've discovered.

"Experts must be summoned from Wisdom. Whatever this is. It can't be good."

Long hours have passed and you are all exhausted. The Archon has finished his own task and summons you to gather around him.

"The Duke seems satisfied with the newfound fortune and has agreed to allow our Guild to handle the more arcane aspects of our discovery. Most of what I found was corrupted and beyond redemption in terms of utility. I have sent the bulk of it to the Brotherhood to be processed there. Some precious items were too valuable on less useful not to add to the Duke's share, out of respect. I have secured a portion of the items for the Guild. Some of them are too dangerous to be put in anyone else's hands others were demanding to be used and seemed to fit some aspect of your individual requirements....

I've been told that I do not use positive reinforcement enough.. ahem, Your deeds today have impressed even an old wardog like myself. I am proud of you all.

[b]"Old man, though you need nothing, take these trinkets of luck and warding. Utu approves."


Trask looks at the three items presented to him. A ring of white gold twisted into a mobius, A fetish... likely made by the Danzi made of fox tail and claws, and a pair of gauntlets reinforced with some manner of bone over leather.

"Thank you my Lord, I am sure they are suitable for my tasks in the future."

Trask is quick to put the items on his person, while the Archon speaks once again.

SNAFU wrote:"As fate would have it there is a set of items that matches your numbers here, although Thorgrim is busy elsewhere."


Trask looks at the ancient Dwarven rings. Not knowing what they do, Trask lets fate decide for him as his hand lightly brushes each before stopping on the ninth ring. "I would chose this one my Lord."

Trask is less attentive at the other items that the group is pouring over. Drugs, Poisons, and Medicines being ofzero interest to the ancient mercenary. While the books have some value in Trask's mind, he doesn't bother digging through them while the others are, assuming he'll get a chance later if he so chooses. Once the group has settled down, Trask asks the only question worth asking to the Archon.

"What task is next my Lord?"
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: The Finale: The Dragon of Dread

Postby Tyral » Tue May 08, 2018 9:21 am

Rolls Carried Forward

Tyral finishes with choosing amongst the tomes and turns back towards the others considering the Rings arrayed before them for consideration.

Lore: Magic [97%]: 1d100:
99

• Recognize Enchantment [82%]: 1d100:
43


After several moments of pondering, Tyral picks up the 1st Ring, "All of these seem exceptionally well crafted, and impressive in their own right. I think this band may suit me best." Holding the ring up to his mouth for several seconds, the Wizard seems to be whispering to it when it diappears [-8 PPE Teleport Lesser (to nightstand by his bed (94%:1d100:
71
)].

Setting Faustionne's bulb to his forehead, Tyral opens his mind tentatively, *Greetings, Faustionne? I am Tyral, and this >gesture< is Brago. It would seem we are to journey in your company.*
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 4d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: The Finale: The Dragon of Dread

Postby SNAFU » Thu May 10, 2018 6:42 pm

With haste gentleman, before anyone starts asking questions about who we are an what we're doing here. Wizard, you're the most educated, presumably, distribute the rings as you see fit and get this rabble back to the Guildyard. the Archon raises his voice and reveals his impatience, he directs Tyral to sort out the ring situation.
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
 
Posts: 1393
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: GAME MASTER: The Roughnecks

Re: The Finale: The Dragon of Dread

Postby Tatyana Singh » Fri May 11, 2018 12:45 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 10:
9

Just in Case: 1d20:
16
/1d100:
5

Conditions: Keen hearing, equal to a canine, Impervious to Fire

SNAFU wrote:Of course there is the Hall of the Dragon's Hoard already spotted during the battle with the Wyrm. Clearly a Serpent of great age, the Black One had accumulated a fortune beyond counting.

And before the thought of what should be down with all that gold can even pass through your heads the Duke arrives with his entire personal guard, to claim the Dragon's wealth for the city of Llorn.

In an astoundingly short amount of time the great Hoard is packed up, catalogued and hauled away.

For their excellent service, and loyalty, the Duke proclaims that every man there will be granted an account at the Werringtons House of Trade & Securities with 30,000 marks in it. (This is just for being there, and is not to be considered a reward for your deeds)


Tatyana can't help but be annoyed as the gold landscape is collect and removed by the Duke's men. "Even some of that treasure would have made those bastards in the Western Empire grovel at my feet.", she sighs, "or at least make my mission easier." The Wolfen Hunter is dumbfounded at the amount that his grants them all, especially herself. "He must not have noticed who or rather what, I am with all this gold gleaming in his eyes." She turns from the quickly empting chamber to begin the next step in their new mission.


SNAFU wrote:While the great wealth is being secured it is time for the Guild to go to work. The caverns gape before the light of your torches and evidence of foul necromancy is everywhere.


The Undead Hunter can't help but glance around eyeing everything, her mind racing to recall any shred of knowledge (Lore: Undead [67%] 1d100:
82
, Lore: Demons and Monsters [77%] 1d100:
95
, Lore: Faerie Folk [37%] 1d100:
50
, Lore: Magic [25%] 1d100:
28
about what she sees and simultaneously take it all in for future reference.

SNAFU wrote:By the time you get to what must have been the dragon's private study the bizarre alchemic secrets displayed there seem almost quaint. There are tomes and instruments of many different forms of magic.

In addition many enchanted items and weapons are discovered; nearly all of them cursed and stained by evil. The Archon, without opposition, inserts himself as the overseer of care of theses special items.


Tatyana, expecting some sort of trap like that last study she was in looks around with her sword hand firmly on the Northholme-Hex Flamberge hilt. Her attention though, keeps falling on the numerous volumes all around her. "What knowledge I could gain to help me, if I can only get the time to read them." she thinks to herself and then the Archon appears out of nowhere. Tatyanas mood darkens as the thought of yet another treasure is pull away from her.

SNAFU wrote:But for the agents of the Guild there is yet further down to go. They are descending deep into the bedrock of the city's foundations, further down than seems possible.

And when last some plateau is reached only to reveal a mind-boggling structure constructed of eerie glowing crystals. It is an upside-down pyramid and once you attempt to enter it and make physical contact, a great mystic force can be felt by those sensitive to such things.

The interior is larger than it should be! The dimension-bending architecture makes those who enter it briefly struck by extreme vertigo. It finally passes enough to allow you to take in the contents of the crystal Dimarip.

Three glass tubes of the sort one sees in the Alchemist's workshop or at the Apothecary only gigantic; and floating dormant within each... Rests a horror without name. Three of them. Each unique in it's awesome ugliness and terrifying form.


Tatyana freezes at the sight of the unspeakable horrors. Her first instinct is to attack them on sight and she begins to draw her mighty sword, only to stop with it halfway unsheathed. She realizes that she is being childish and stupid.

"These will need to be studied and either contained further or destroyed I think." Trask says to no one in a matter of fact way.


"It is better to let sleeping dogs lie and post very loyal guards." Tatyana replies,

SNAFU wrote:And it isn't even the end. The tunnels and caverns at this extreme depth seem to stretch forever. It becomes clear that you do not have the provisions or mandate to continue to explore the corridors forever. Once you are certain you have searched the extent of the Dragon's lair you mark the end of your exploration so that it may be continued at a later date.


"How much farther can it possibly go!? Sooner or later it must come out somewhere." Tatyana says as she peers into the uncompromising darkness.




SNAFU wrote:You return to the Archon and report your findings. Even he seems baffled by the meaning of all that you've discovered.

"Experts must be summoned from Wisdom. Whatever this is. It can't be good."

Long hours have passed and you are all exhausted. The Archon has finished his own task and summons you to gather around him.

"The Duke seems satisfied with the newfound fortune and has agreed to allow our Guild to handle the more arcane aspects of our discovery. Most of what I found was corrupted and beyond redemption in terms of utility. I have sent the bulk of it to the Brotherhood to be processed there. Some precious items were too valuable on less useful not to add to the Duke's share, out of respect. I have secured a portion of the items for the Guild. Some of them are too dangerous to be put in anyone else's hands others were demanding to be used and seemed to fit some aspect of your individual requirements....

I've been told that I do not use positive reinforcement enough.. ahem, Your deeds today have impressed even an old wardog like myself. I am proud of you all.

[b]"Tatyana, I give you a bow worthy of your strength and courage. Furthermore, while the public has been distracted by calamity you have been able to operate unfettered, soon you will face discrimination once again. Use the powers of this Mantle to avoid the worst of it."


Trask looks at the three items presented to him. A ring of white gold twisted into a mobius, A fetish... likely made by the Danzi made of fox tail and claws, and a pair of gauntlets reinforced with some manner of bone over leather.

"Thank you Lord Von'Lycien, I will endeavourer to live up to your faith in me." she says with a mixture of glee and reverence.

She quickly throws the new clock over the guild cloak and studies the huge bow, while the Archon speaks once again.

SNAFU wrote:"As fate would have it there is a set of items that matches your numbers here, although Thorgrim is busy elsewhere."


Tatyana looks at the ancient Dwarven rings, she doesn't waste much time on Dwarves themselves, but knows the value of Dwarven goods, especially old Dwarven goods. The Wolfen studies the rings for a few minutes (Lore: Magic [25%] 1d100:
33
-- Recognize enchantment [10%] 1d100:
72
) "Oooooh" she says unintentionally as she ponders over Rings 4, 6 and 9.

Some of the drugs, poisons, and medicines are of some interest to the Undead Hunter, but it's the books that hold more interest to Tatyana, so she is distracted from the rings as she notices that numerous books from the pile vanish into Tyrals satchel that she says. "I hope you don't plan on keeping all those books to yourself Tyral? There are several that I would find very useful and I'm sure I'm not alone. They all need to be put in a library back at the Guild for all of us to use."

Trask asks the only question worth asking to the Archon. "What task is next my Lord?"


"Task? Task! Are you out of your head human?", Tatyana yells inside her head. "We need some rest and I want to find out what happen to that child I found, it was kind of cute." She keeps her feelings to herself but looks to the Archon expectantly.
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 36/36
SDC: 53/53
PPE: 127/127
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: Southern United Kingdom

Re: The Finale: The Dragon of Dread

Postby Predat » Sun May 13, 2018 3:40 pm

Perception: 1d100:
10
/ 40%
JiC: 1d20:
19
1d100:
62


Conditions:

As Pre sees Tyral just take a ring, he will pick up Ring Number 6, as he can't resist increasing his combat abilities. Increasing my strength may come in handy if we keep running into situations like we have been these past few days. Pre heads to pick up Hey Stupid from the prison stables and heads back to the guildhall. Once there he suits up and throws his dark robes over his armor and heads down to see what is going on. If nothing is going on he will head out to try and meet up with Silk. "I'll be back."
Predat Tor

Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 68 / 68
S.D.C.: 161 / 161

Wearing his Shadow Armor
-Can see perfectly in total darkness; is completely invisible in darkness; and is impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness
-Only takes half damage from falls, fists, kicks and blunt weapons

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
All by the Lizard King himself!
:cheers:
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: The Finale: The Dragon of Dread

Postby Tyral » Wed May 16, 2018 11:23 pm

Perception [63%]: 1d100:
58

D20 JiC: 1d20:
5

D100 JiC: 1d100:
91


PPE: 62/229 [-19=43]
Bracelet PPE: 120/120
SDC: 30/43
HP: 52/52

Conditions: Nightvision: 60' [30' in unnatural Magic Darkness], Spell Strength of 15, Tongues [constant] & Truesight [Sees through Magical and Psionic illusions, Not Affected by Magical or Non-Magical Darkness, and can See Invisible], Bracelet [½ PPE cost for Spells]

Taking heed of Elias's urging, the Wizard nods and looks from the rings to those assembled. With certain bands already chosen, Tyral looks over the others, turns and begins to distribute the remaining ones to those who have stood silent.

    Ring 1 - Tyral
    Ring 2 - Silhouette
    Ring 3 - Thorgrim
    Ring 4 - Tatyana
    Ring 5 - Linden
    Ring 6 - Predat
    Ring 7 - Zephyr
    Ring 8 - Fox
    Ring 9 - Trask
    Ring 10 - Sera
    Ring 11 - Durak

When impudently approached by Tatyana, Tyral turns to offer a level and unapologetic gaze at the Wolfen towering over him in steel-clawed armor, "Young one, you and yours may dabble, but you would do well not to chastize your elders. Your concern is noted. Whilst pursuit of knowledge is praiseworthy, if you are inclined to study there is plenty left while I look through these while I work my way through these."

Tyral turns and walks back towards the table whispering another spell (Telekinesis, -4 PPE, 9.00 Min) as he unfastens his cloak with 1 hand. With a gesture, the cloth spreads itself out gently like a picnic-blanket and he begins loading all of the rest of the unclaimed gear onto it (using TK). Once all is loaded up the Wizard pulls together the corners and ties a bundle, then casts Weightlessness (-3 PPE, -900 lbs) and Teleport: Lesser (-8 PPE, (94%:1d100:
74
)) in quick succession sending all of the rest back to the lobby in the Guild-hall.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 4d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: The Finale: The Dragon of Dread

Postby Fox » Thu May 17, 2018 2:49 am

(Rolls held over)
Fox makes no comment upon the ring choice, he gave that as an option and left the choice to the others. It will help to be, occasionally, able to heal without the prep time his mind magic takes.

Mind, he has yet to explore the abilities of all his tools completely, he may yet have more tricks he can not yet know.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/130 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 26/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: The Finale: The Dragon of Dread

Postby Durak » Thu May 17, 2018 3:48 am

Rolls carried

As Tyral dishes out the rings quickly, Durak keeps an eye out just in case.

“Let’s leave and sort this out later.” He indicates with his head other people in the area, “best not to attract too much attention right now.”
He slides on the bracers, then followed by the gloves, which as he does so, their appearance changes from a nondescript glove into leather work gloves. He then slips the stylus into his apron

OOC Comments
I thought we were back at the guildhall already, so most of my previous post will relate to when we get back there.
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: The Finale: The Dragon of Dread

Postby SNAFU » Thu May 17, 2018 6:56 pm

The rings divied up and the things packed discretely the group leaves the underground.

TOME-Converting CHI MAGIC Level 1-8: With this reference it's possible for the Western Mage to try converting most spells of Chi Magic into spoken invocations. However, this typically requires 1D4 months of study plus one month for every level of the spell itself. For example, a 5th level spell will take 1D4+5 months of study to translate into a spoken invocation. Note that geomantic spells and spells that create Living Chi can NOT be converted into spoken invocations.
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
 
Posts: 1393
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: GAME MASTER: The Roughnecks

Previous

Return to Palladium Fantasy Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest