Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Only adventured-related threads are found here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Augur » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:22 pm

Conditions:
Date: 5 May, 345
Time: 1400
Environment: Mixed light rain, smoke, and sunshine outside
Location: Outside the Gates of Llorn


The day is reaching its peak heat as those members on the hunt for gold and glory make their way through the South Gate of Llorn to the sprawling countryside beyond. The stench of dung and dirt mix in the air with the lingering stench of smoke and the mixed aromas of citylife within the city gates behind them. There's a thin but steady stream of comers and goers to wade through as they bottleneck at the gates. Those coming in are filthy with the dust and grime of travel, few in number at this time of day, and look absolutely wretched. Few have more than the clothes on their backs and maybe a satchel with meager provisions, and even fewer are on horseback or accompanying a wagon. Those leaving Llorn, however, are decidedly more numerous at this time, but very much a mixed bag. Many look to be little more than cutthroats or bandits themselves, while others appear to be former soldiers down on their luck, and not a few are fairly well equipped and clearly look to be eager to make a name for themselves and are eying their competition appraisingly.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 3746
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes

Postby Fox » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:47 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 80 of 35%
JIC: 1d20 = 13
JIC%: 1d100 = 26

Fox looks about. He sees the others heading out and knows many would possibly be considered competition, but he does not worry about them. He is not in this about the rewards, to him what matters is that the job gets done. If one of the other groups succeeds, more power to them.

No, what he is looking at is those headed in. If any of those look like they have been in a fight, he will point them out and suggest, "We should find out if they encountered Orcs and where." He, himself, might well make people nervous, so he will not go talk to them...but will offer healing in trade for information after.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/130 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 26/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes

Postby Tolliver Trask » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:27 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 39/59%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 77
Conditions: Sixth Sense (Not Active)

Trask eyes the refugees coming in, his demeanor a facade of uncaring. Trask then moves his gaze towards the "Mercenaries" making their way out of the city. I am surrounded by fear and dead men. Trask thinks before he looks to Fox and the others. Shrugging his shoulders, Trask speaks up. "There is going to be a lot of competition out there... I think more of them will die in the process, but it could complicate things. As for talking to refugees, go for it." Trask says dryly.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes

Postby Jakkin Longshanks » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:39 pm

Intrant

Perception: 1d100 = 34/39%
JIC: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 69

Arriving with mule in tow -- Stew is happy enough to be out and doing something other than standing around that he isn't being fractious...yet -- Jakkin still has a disturbed scowl upon his face. Gathering supplies had gone well enough, and it hadn't taken him a great deal of time to get his gear ready for an extended trek.

No, the problem had come about when he had run into his caramel-hued lovely and told her the exciting news that he'd found her lots and lots of creatures that needed killing...and she had told him that she's busy? With some other job? But she hadn't...and he'd gone off to...

As much as I enjoy women, I'll be damned if I ever understand them.

It eventually came to him, however, that this must be some sort of test. She's leaving him to his own devices, in order to allow him to prove to her that he's every bit as amazing as he knows he is. If that's what it takes, he'll bring the heads of the Orcish leadership back to her in a sack.

He has several of those in his pack, just in case.

Dressed in his own, properly-sized suit of the Jannisary's armour with daggers sheathed at his waist and crossbow and quiver slanted across his back, the remainder of his gear is in the light pack he wears and in the saddlebags straddling Stew's back. Amongst which are the sword and shield he'd purchased for the purposes of dusting off his weapon skills; he isn't anticipating needing them, but if he ends up short his primary weapons he'd have felt an ass with spare weaponry sitting uselessly in his rooms back in the city.

Ignoring looks he might be getting from other mercenaries on the job, Jakkin falls in with Fox and Trask.

"I'm thinking any of this lot got attacked by Orcs, they didn't get this far," he observes. "Worth keeping a lookout for, though," he admits grudgingly.
Jakkin Longshanks
Nightvision: 90'
Locate & disarm underground traps: 20%
Detect Ambush 55%
H.P. 39/39, S.D.C. 89/89, P.P.E. 10/10
Janissary Brigandine Load Bearing Armor: A.R.: 11, S.D.C.: 95
User avatar
Jakkin Longshanks
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:39 pm
Location: Palladium Fantasy

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes

Postby Augur » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:12 pm

Conditions:
Date: 5 May, 345
Time: 1405
Environment: Mixed light rain, smoke, and sunshine outside
Location: Outside the Gates of Llorn


Seeing the intermittent trickle of people entering the South Gate, Fox suggests "We should find out if they encountered Orcs and where," but is far too reticent to approach them himself given his appearance and how they might react.

Trask responds dryly, "There is going to be a lot of competition out there. I think more of them will die in the process, but it could complicate things. As for talking to refugees, go for it."

Jakkin, with Stew occasionally braying over his sensitive ears, falls in with Fox and Trask. They might quite an unusual looking trio standing to one side of the gates and waiting for the others to catch up. He says to the others, "I'm thinking any of this lot got attacked by Orcs, they didn't get this far. Worth keeping a lookout for, though."

Trask and Jakkin observe that the light stream of traffic and its constituent travelers are a hell of a lot fewer in number than the traffic the South Gate is accustomed to seeing. Likewise, they both identify the main difference between old trends and new: the old crowd tended to be those with things to sell, be it merchants with covered wagons and an accompanying light escort, or villagers from nearby shires bringing in excess grain or vegetables to sell in Llorn's bustling markets; the new crowd is almost universally composed of weary looking villagers with little to nothing to offer save for the desperate or forlorn looks in their eyes.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 3746
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes

Postby Jakkin Longshanks » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:16 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 17/37%
JIC: 1d20 = 20/1d100 = 66

Jakkin regards the sporadic stream of refugees for a few long moments, ignoring the occasional spatter of rain that speckles his hair and beard.

"Makes you wonder how much better they think things are going to be here," he observes to the other two. "No Orcs to kill you, but they've got next to nothing and don't have a place here. I think I'd rather take my chances, than be a useless trog with nothing to look forward to." He hocks and spits; even the thought leaves a bad taste in his mouth.

Even better question; how much worse are things going to get? "Oi, Fox; they keep arriving like this, how long do you think before disease or hunger starts killing people in earnest?" he asks, out of only somewhat-idle curiosity.
Jakkin Longshanks
Nightvision: 90'
Locate & disarm underground traps: 20%
Detect Ambush 55%
H.P. 39/39, S.D.C. 89/89, P.P.E. 10/10
Janissary Brigandine Load Bearing Armor: A.R.: 11, S.D.C.: 95
User avatar
Jakkin Longshanks
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:39 pm
Location: Palladium Fantasy

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes

Postby Fox » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:36 am

Perception: 1d100 = 11 of 35%
JIC: 1d20 = 20
JIC% 1d100 = 90

Holistic Medicine (Diagnose) 1d100 = 90 of 70%

Fox responds thoughtfully, "Right now, the fishing fleet is still going out, that helps alleviate the problem slightly. Unless the Orcs are decisively dealt with though, not more that 8 weeks. A great many supplies were destroyed by the dragon crashing into the market district, normally the city could last until next harvest with careful rationing."

Fox is not quite certain of his diagnosis, but as long as more people keep coming in but not more supplies, it is fairly likely.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/130 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 26/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes

Postby Jakkin Longshanks » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:00 pm

(Rolls held)

Jakkin considers the city behind them, the streams of people heading inside, many of them villagers and farmers. He had his share of lean times growing up; while fairly secure; the clan halls weren’t especially well provisioned, and it only took a few extra beasts dying or a crop going bad for things to get tight. And disease amongst close quarters, even mitigated by clerical magics, wasn’t something to be discounted.

Finally, he grunted and turned back to the others.

”I like to eat, and the pickings are going to get worse, not better, the longer that goes on,” he announces dryly. Hell, half those people are the ones who are supposed to be making the food, not crowding in here eating it.

He glances back at the city again, frowning. ”What’s keeping those two?” he asks irritably. He’s going to have to refrain from giving those two the chewing out that habit demands; he’s not their Sergeant. Civilian life – takes some getting used to.
Jakkin Longshanks
Nightvision: 90'
Locate & disarm underground traps: 20%
Detect Ambush 55%
H.P. 39/39, S.D.C. 89/89, P.P.E. 10/10
Janissary Brigandine Load Bearing Armor: A.R.: 11, S.D.C.: 95
User avatar
Jakkin Longshanks
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:39 pm
Location: Palladium Fantasy

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Tatyana Singh » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:36 pm

Perception: (57%) 1d100 = 16
JIC: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 88

Conditions: Keen hearing, equal to a canine, excellent sense of smell

Tatyana, having outfitted herself as best she can for the new mission, makes her way to the South Gate. She stops to look over the crowd of begins coming and going. Her stint with the reconstruction crews these past few months has given her a new confidence, she has gotten used to being seen by people in the city on an almost daily basis and now she stands tall in her gleaming armor and her trusty hooded cloak tucked firming in her bag.

"Well, lets gather some information." (Intelligence ]57%] 1d100 = 83) she says to herself. Using all of the languages at her disposal, the Wolfen starts by stopping and asking questions to the non-humans she encounters first and after a while begins asking the humans as well. "Where are you from?", "Were you attacked by Orcs or any other monsters and where?", "What have you heard about the Orcs attacks?", etc. Tatyana doesn't expect to get much, but she is ever hopeful and takes mental notes to record later. She will also answer any questions put to her, doing her best to reassure them.

The Wolfen also picks up scents from the refugees and from the others heading out to do the same thing she is doing. She eventually catches sight of the others and makes her way over to them.
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 36/36
SDC: 53/53
PPE: 127/127
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: Southern United Kingdom

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Tolliver Trask » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:22 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 33/59%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 77
Conditions: Sixth Sense (Not active)

Trask harumphs to himself, not uncommon for the grumpy looking Mercenary. "So I don't know if anyone thought about a particular piece of information. There are other members of our merry band that are likely unaware that we are even here. Maybe we should go and get them so as to not randomly be caught with our collective britches around our ankles." I guess I got excited about getting some actual work, that even I didn't think of it.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Fox » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:05 pm

(Rolls held over)
Fox shakes his ears at Tatyana, "I am not sure you or I would get an honest answer Tatyana. To them, we are Wolfen, and Wolfen are often viewed as allies of the Orcs. That is why I did not ask them myself."

1d100 = 20 of 65% Speak Eastern
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/130 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 26/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Thorgrim » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:36 pm

Perception (48%): 1d100 = 30
JiC: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 38

Pleased with the weather, Thorgrim pulls the lead for Bill -the barbarian’s workhorse- in his right fist. Not wanting to wear the animal to death, or earn a swift hoof-kick in the groin for mistreating it, but asserting his enthusiasm for finally getting outside of the enormous city to ply his trade. He scans the loathesome procession of refugees coming in through the South Gate as he treads forward in the opposite direction. Well this isn’t a surprising sight to see, considering the news we’ve had thus far.
”Come along, Bill. We’ll slow down as soon as we get linked up with our compatriots. That is, as soon as I can spot a Wolfen, a ghoul-faced man, a Kankoran, and a midget... er, ‘gnome’ I believe was the term... hmmm.”

In time, Thorgrim sees the towering, furry, and armored beacon that is Tatyana and follows her to link up with the rest. ”Greetings. The weather matches the mood of most of those passing through here. Some look nearly as gaunt and worn out as you Trask, hehe.”. The barbarian warrior continues to survey the crowd casually and listens to any conversations of interest to their newly assigned work, as he speaks to his friends, nodding in approval of Tatyana’s and Fox’s initial suggestions to work the crowd. ”I suppose if we can find any leader or figure head soon, then we could make inquiries. Or see what the South Gate guards know, as far as what villages have been hit. It would give us a direction to start... And if neither is fruitful, I say we can follow this sorry flow of people ‘upstream’ to wherever they continue to come from; we’re bound to come across something more interesting to our case.” He grins a devilish smile and shrugs harmlessly at that last comment. Like walking right into a blood spilling fight, kind of interesting. ”Any thoughts? Either way, we shouldn’t waste good weather to travel, and a good portion of daylight left to be on the road.”

Thorgim pats down the saddle bags, straddling Bill’s rear to ensure the extra rations aren’t easily noticeable or accessible for refugee hands, desperately looking for a free meal. This food’s for fighters, and we’ll need its nourishment more than ya’ll once we’re the ones outside the gates.
If Thor can identify anyone who looks to be a ‘refugee’ of some authority, he will engage them or otherwise some of the South Gate guards on information about the latest Orc attack related information. If he thinks someone is holding out valuable information on him, he will attempt to barter for the information offering rations (for the evacuees) or gold (for the guards) as collateral.

Language: Elven (58%): 1d100 = 89
Language: Gobblely (68%): 1d100 = 65 - eavesdropping/listening in a language aside from Eastern for leads or conversations of interest

Invoke Trust (48%): 1d100 = 1 - build rapport in order to gain information, and possible leads for the attacks, locations of orc activity, and locations of groups of refugees not yet evacuated.

Barter (48%): 1d100 = 91 - gain more valuable information or information which may be withheld without ‘sweetening the deal’
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 49/49
S.D.C.: 123/123
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Weapons
Rock's Axe, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes

Postby Augur » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:26 am

Conditions:
Date: 5 May, 345
Time: 1415
Environment: Mixed light rain, smoke, and sunshine outside
Location: Outside the Gates of Llorn


Fox and Jakkin banter while waiting on the wolfen and the barbarian to show up. Punctuality is a virtue more highly praised by the civilized, it would seem. Tatyana finally arrives, gets the gist of the others thoughts on how to proceed, and soon terrifies many of the refugees with her attempts to interrogate them. The guards rush to intervene, recognize the situation for what it is, and scold Tatyana to mind her place and not to bother the wretches. Fox merely shakes his head, having known full well what would be the likely reactions of the refugees when confronted by a huge wolfen dressed for combat, almost literally barking questions at them. Eventually, Thorgrim arrives practically dragging Bill the horse behind him. He quickly gets the gist of what the party's after. Bill, apparently, is quite a charming horse. A trio of peasant children rush up and start stroking his nose. Bill corrects their efforts by lowering his head further so that they can scratch his ears. He chuffles and snorts with pleasure which elicits giggles from the children, and a look of gratitude and relief from their parents. Thorgrim's no fool, and recognizes opportunity when he sees it. After a few minutes of building rapport with the husky elder brother of the kids and their parents, he learns they're from an unnamed farmstead to the southwest some twenty miles. They had passed a number of refugee groups on the way in as the father was quite insistent that a steady, strong pace was their best chance for survival. Some others fleeing had not been so wise, and they report having seen sacked campsites sporadically up until they were within about five miles of Llorn. They didn't have any first-hand knowledge of the orcs, but the teen son acknowledges that his hunting buddies had spoken with a traveling merchant who described seeing large number of orcs to the southwest of Llorn (maybe coming out of the Old Kingdom lowlands), but had also heard rumors of orcs near Hadrian's Cove to the east. Having gleaned what they could from the hapless refugees, the group takes follows the road heading south.



Conditions:
Date: 5 May, 345
Time: 1900
Environment: Dusk; fading light
Location: 15 miles south-southwest Llorn


The sun is starting to well and truly dip behind the scattered light forest, and the group realizes they'd better soon find a spot to camp when they see light in the distance ahead as though from a hearty campfire. The trek so far had been uneventful, no refugees to speak of, though signs of their passage were everywhere. Approaching the campfire with some caution, they see the shape of a wagon between two groups of trees and approach at a more confident pace. Once near enough to see things well, however, they see that there will be no questions answered by these refugees.

Map Reveal
Image


What are your intentions?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 3746
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Fox » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:06 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 14 of 39%
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 14
JIC: 1d20 = 14
JIC%: 1d100 = 39

Fox looks at the others, "I wish to examine the bodies to see if I can gather any useful information, like how long ago this happened and how they were killed. I have some slight skill in tracking, but if anyone is an expert I will gladly defer to them."

He is going to look and also to make sure if everyone is actually dead. If not, there is a good chance he can help them. If everyone is dead, then he wishes to determine the causes of death. Once he has finished that, he will examine the evidence left behind by the attackers to see if he can learn anything about their numbers, arms, and transportation, and where they came from and went to.

A few Rolls:
Holistic Medicine (Diagnose) 1d100 = 54 of 70%
Holistic Medicine (Treat) 1d100 = 62 of 70%
Track Familiar Scent (If Orcs are a familiar scent) 1d100 = 69 of 32%
Track Blood Scent (if any Orcs were hurt in the fight) 1d100 = 77 of 42%
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/130 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 26/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Jakkin Longshanks » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:55 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 37/37%
JIC: 1d20 = 17/1d100 = 74
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 3

Upon first approaching the campsite, Jakkin had offered to go on ahead to initiate contact with the campers; upon first impression he's the least threatening by far, and in case the campers are unfriendly, well...he can take far better care of himself than one might expect.

That plan is scrapped, however, upon drawing close enough to the campsite to see more of it than just its light. The Gnome snorts softly, then unlimbers his crossbow as Fox expresses his desire to go help the deceased. Or possibly only gravely injured. Sure, Orcish bandits are renowned for leaving survivors, of course.

"I'll do a circuit of the perimeter," he announces in a low voice, quickly tangling Stew's lead reins in the nearby bush to discourage the damnfool beast from wandering off. "This didn't happen long ago, with the state of those fires; the raiders might not be very far off." Keeping his head down and moving slowly to avoid making much noise, the Gnome traces a path sunwise about the camp, right at the edge of where the light from the burning wagons fails to illuminate clearly, searching for signs of tracks and any potential lurkers to finish off anyone who might come to investigate the blaze.


Detect Ambush 1d100 = 90 / 55%
Track Humanoids 1d100 = 75 / 50%
Prowl 1d100 = 2 / 55% (CRIT SUCCESS)
Jakkin Longshanks
Nightvision: 90'
Locate & disarm underground traps: 20%
Detect Ambush 55%
H.P. 39/39, S.D.C. 89/89, P.P.E. 10/10
Janissary Brigandine Load Bearing Armor: A.R.: 11, S.D.C.: 95
User avatar
Jakkin Longshanks
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:39 pm
Location: Palladium Fantasy

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Tatyana Singh » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:13 pm

Perception: (57%) 1d100 = 30
JIC: 1d20 = 1/1d100 = 74
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 17

Conditions: Keen hearing, equal to a canine, excellent sense of smell.

Tatyana still smarting from the incident at the South gate, brings up the rear of the party as it approaches what looks to be a camp site, of humans no doubt. I'm sure these humans will be just as pathetic, useless and raciest to see someone who is trying to help them as those refugees back at Llorn. The Wolfen hunter thinks to herself. In the light of the blaze, she quickly realizes that won't be a problem thins time.
Fox and Jakkin head off in their endeavours, Tatyana will unsheathe her Flamberge and quietly say to the others, “By ready, I'll try and draw anyone out.” as she continues to walk down the middle of the path into the camp ahead of the others. She will stop on the path between the wagon and the first blaze and survey the area, putting her keen senses to the test and trying to be ready for anything, she fully expects to be attacked.

Track blood scent [36%] 1d100 = 10
Track familiar scent [32%] 1d100 = 100
Track Humanoids [50%] 1d100 = 86
Intelligence [57%] 1d100 = 92
Lore: Demons and Monsters [82%] 1d100 = 57
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 36/36
SDC: 53/53
PPE: 127/127
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: Southern United Kingdom

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Thorgrim » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:48 am

Per (63%): 1d100 = 86
JiC: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 12
Initiative: 1d20+7 = 25

Thorgrim shakes his head in disappointment at the scene. We’re too late for these fair folk. But, maybe their attackers are still in the area. The barbarian tries to hastily interject before his companions take action. ”Quickly learn what we can, then we need to get out of here. It’s hard enough to locate a suitable campsite, this late, without Orcs or Belimar-knows-what else is out there... we’ll need to get away from here soon.” Thorgrim slowly paces forward and ties Bill to the tree directly in front of Trask, and pulls his enchanted battle axe out of his belt with his right hand.
He watches Jakkin and Tatyana as they move forward and around. During this time, Thorgrim simply observes his surroundings before proceeding forward into the destroyed campsite with Fox. As Fox tends to the victims and dead, Thorgrim checks the Wagon, equipment, stores, and ablaze tents... if there is anything left of them at this point. ”Well Fox, can you tell anything from the victims? Can you tell if this was from Orcs as we may suspect, or something else?”

Prowl (53%) <— -10% prowl for scale mail. (43%): 1d100 = 4 - Movements attempted to be stealthy and deliberate. However, may not be feasible near the fires within the middle of the camp.
Wilderness Survival (68%): 1d100 = 93 - Attempting to discern if there is anything odd about the surrounding environment (i.e. birds/crickets cease noise due to presence of predator nearby, broken branches indicating recent movement nearby, etc)
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 49/49
S.D.C.: 123/123
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Weapons
Rock's Axe, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Tolliver Trask » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:15 am

Perception: 1d100 = 71/59%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 16; 1d100 = 18
Conditions: Sixth Sense (Not Active ?), Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.


Skills
Detect Ambush 1d100 = 10/50% Pass (To seek out anyone hiding in ambush)
Detect Concealment & Traps 1d100 = 4/45% Pass (To seek out any Traps left for rescuers)
Prowl 1d100 = 18/45% Pass (To stay hidden from possible ambushes)
Wilderness Survival 1d100 = 37/60% Pass (To find any tracks, not so much to follow them as that isn't part of the skill)



Trask lets go of Garrick's lead and begins to slowly prowl froward to the trees to the south east of his current location. While he moves forward, Trask unlimbers his shield to his left arm and slowly draws his dwarven long sword. Either bandits, Orcs, or Bandit Orcs I would guess. Trask thinks as he moves from the trees to the wagon, using it as cover as well. Though Trask can likely feel the heat of the fires, his enchanted armor makes the possibility of harm from fire an impossibility. Trask looks around the area for signs of what could have happened, not worrying so much of the violence aspect and more of the how the "raiders" approached, why they attacked this group in particular, and what not. To top all of this off Trask very quietly mutters a prayer to his dark patron. "Lord Utu, guide these souls to their deserved ends. I will slay more to fill your coffers."
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes

Postby Augur » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:12 pm

Conditions:
Date: 5 May, 345
Time: 1905
Environment: Dusk; fading light
Location: 15 miles south-southwest Llorn


Thorgrim hastily interjects before his companions take action. "Quickly learn what we can, then we need to get out of here. It’s hard enough to locate a suitable campsite, this late, without Orcs or Belimar-knows-what else is out there. We’ll need to get away from here soon." He then ties Bill to a nearby tree, and pulls his axe free from his belt. Watching the others, he observes his surroundings before advancing with Fox.

Tatyana's nose tweaks as the mixed scents of blood, human feces, and orc attack her senses. She extracts her flamberge from its scabbard as she whispers to the others. "By ready, I'll try and draw anyone out."

Fox regards the others, "I wish to examine the bodies to see if I can gather any useful information, like how long ago this happened and how they were killed. I have some slight skill in tracking, but if anyone is an expert I will gladly defer to them." No one responds in the affirmative, so he advances cautiously into the campsite. As he nears, the acrid smell of smoke and blood hangs heavily in the air. The tents are ablaze...these fires must not have been lit very long ago.

"I'll do a circuit of the perimeter," the gnome quietly announces as he follows Thorgrim's lead and secures Stew. "This didn't happen long ago, with the state of those fires; the raiders might not be very far off."

Trask lets go of Garrick's lead and insinuates himself among the undergrowth and branches of the tree just south of the group's animals. He frees his sword and shield as he goes. It's slow going attempting to quietly move in such foliage for a heavily equipped human, but he estimates he's done a fair job of it. Nothing an elf would compliment, mind you, but neither would one be likely to criticize. Trask very quietly mutters a prayer to his dark patron. "Lord Utu, guide these souls to their deserved ends. I will slay more to fill your coffers."

Fox inspects the nearest body: a teenaged human male by appearances. The body rests in a pool of blood between two lush, green trees. The boy's been split from crotch to throat with a blade. Tatyana passes the kneeling Fox to head directly into the camp ahead of the others. Thorgrim, too, passes Fox and is close on Tatyana's heels. As she advances into the middle of the camp, he checks the wagon. He calls back, "Well Fox, can you tell anything from the victims? Can you tell if this was from Orcs as we may suspect, or something else?" Jakkin skulks around to the north of the camp from his position, sprinting quickly but quietly across the wide open road to secret himself among the undergrowth on the other side.

Map Reveal
Image


What are your intentions?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 3746
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Jakkin Longshanks » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:45 am

Perception: 1d100 = 32/37%
JIC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 100

Jakkin is enjoying himself immensely despite the situation, skulking unseen through the undergrowth with danger in the air. He realises, however, that he’s focusing more on that than he is on the job at hand and settles down to it.

Keeping just to the edge of the firelight, he continues to the east along the north flank of the campsite. He keeps his senses peeled for any sign of an imminent attack while looking for traces that will tell which way the attackers had come from, or which way they departed by.

Time to see if I’ve been out of the field for too long; just bumbling around isn’t going to cut it.


Detect Ambush 1d100 = 39 / 55%
Track Humanoids 1d100 = 14 / 50%
Prowl 1d100 = 27 / 55%
Jakkin Longshanks
Nightvision: 90'
Locate & disarm underground traps: 20%
Detect Ambush 55%
H.P. 39/39, S.D.C. 89/89, P.P.E. 10/10
Janissary Brigandine Load Bearing Armor: A.R.: 11, S.D.C.: 95
User avatar
Jakkin Longshanks
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:39 pm
Location: Palladium Fantasy

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Fox » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:09 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 12 of 35%
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 12
JIC: 1d20 = 4
JIC%: 1d100 = 62

Fox replies, "This one was struck down with a single blow from below. Given that, the attacker probably possessed greater strength than the average human, though not beyond the best humans. Since the blow was from down to up and not angled to the side, it was probably made with a bladed weapon, not an axe but likely a sword or smaller blade. The attacker is probably not much larger than a human, as they would have had much more difficulty attacking from below. They probably used the blow they did because the trees confined side-to-side swinging.
It COULD have been an Orc, but might also have been a human, an Elf, or a Wolfen or Ogre."


Fox adds, "This was recent, the blood is still wet, the bodies have no signs of Rigor Mortis, the fires are still evaporating aromatics."

Fox moves to the next body, but also sees if he can learn anything more from the area (not likely, as he lacks tracking skills).
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/130 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 26/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Tatyana Singh » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:58 pm

Perception: (57%) 1d100 = 15
JIC: 1d20 = 1/1d100 = 29
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 19

Conditions: Keen hearing, equal to a canine, excellent sense of smell.

Fox wrote:...It COULD have been an Orc, but might also have been a human, an Elf, or a Wolfen or Ogre."
Fox adds, "This was recent, the blood is still wet, the bodies have no signs of Rigor Mortis, the fires are still evaporating aromatics."


Tatyana narrows her eyes at Fox for adding Wolfen into that list, but simply replies, "The place reeks of Orcs, use your nose cousin." The setting sun stretches dark shadows, held off only by the light from the blazing remains that were until recently a human campsite. The towering Wolfen keeps her ears to the surrounding woods as she searches the encampment for anything of interest, taking care to shield her eyes from the light of the fires. There must be something of use here, tracks, gold, markings, anything that may help me figure out what direction the Orcs came from and which way they left...if they even did. She tightens her grip on the flamberge at that last thought. She can only see the hulking form of Thorgirm, but knows the others are close by.
If she finds nothing of use or interest Tatyana will move in the direction of the road and the two other bodies.

Track blood scent [36%] 1d100 = 50
Track familiar scent [32%] 1d100 = 70
Track Humanoids [50%] 1d100 = 4
Intelligence [57%] 1d100 = 8
Lore: Demons and Monsters [82%] 1d100 = 46
Wilderness Survival [77%] 1d100 = 15
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 36/36
SDC: 53/53
PPE: 127/127
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: Southern United Kingdom

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Thorgrim » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:56 am

Per (63%): 1d100 = 46
JiC: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 7
Initiative: 1d20+7 = 12

Thorgrim frowns in disappointment. Acknowledging the mind blowing discoveries being made by his wolffish companions he comments, ”It seems there is not much to learn, aside from what is already obvious. Let’s finish up and get the hell out of here... we’ll need to off ourselves by about a mile before we can settle down for the night - without a fire tonight as well, to be sure. With freshly slain victims, the killers could still be in the immediate area.”
Thorgrim tries to hasten their temporary investigation of the destroyed campsite. The barbarian strides over to the southern most body on the west side of the trail in order to quickly investigate it before returning to his horse Bill, and pressing the group that they should quickly depart.

Prowl (53%) <— -10% prowl for scale mail. (43%): 1d100 = 48 - Movements attempted to be stealthy and deliberate. However, may not be feasible near the fires within the middle of the camp.
Wilderness Survival (68%): 1d100 = 70 - Attempting to discern if there is anything odd about the surrounding environment (i.e. birds/crickets cease noise due to presence of predator nearby, broken branches indicating recent movement nearby, etc)
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 49/49
S.D.C.: 123/123
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Weapons
Rock's Axe, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Fox » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:28 am

(Rolls held over)
Fox nods to Thorgrim, "The dead will attract scavengers, some of which can be dangerous."

He looks over the next body, and scents the wind in case there are any threats still nearby.

Recognize Scent 1d100 = 15 of 32%
Holistic Medicine (diagnosis) 1d100 = 65 of 70%
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/130 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 26/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Jakkin Longshanks » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:41 am

Perception: 1d100 = 95/37%
JIC: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 22
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 21

They sure make a lot of damned noise when there's a good chance there's still killers in the area, Jakkin thinks sourly as the others chatter like magpies in the middle of the firelit wreck of a campsite. If that were the plan, that would be another story; lure out potential ambushers while others wait in an ambush of their own.

He'll just have to make sure he remains unseen and unheard, and ready to get the hell out of the way should anything come flying out of the dark at him. Until and if that happens, he'll keep looking for the tracks of whomever did this. This could be an easy, early lead to finding some Orcs and start collecting on some ears. He's certainly not opposed to picking up some gold; he's hasn't been so blessed as the rest of his companions to be flush with funds at the moment.

Contingent Dodges: 1d20+10 = 28, 1d20+10 = 30 Crit Success!, 1d20+10 = 27, 1d20+10 = 18
Jakkin Longshanks
Nightvision: 90'
Locate & disarm underground traps: 20%
Detect Ambush 55%
H.P. 39/39, S.D.C. 89/89, P.P.E. 10/10
Janissary Brigandine Load Bearing Armor: A.R.: 11, S.D.C.: 95
User avatar
Jakkin Longshanks
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:39 pm
Location: Palladium Fantasy

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Tolliver Trask » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:48 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 29/59%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 4; 1d100 = 56
Conditions: Sixth Sense.


Skills
Prowl 1d100 = 68/45% Fail (To remain hidden)
Detect Ambush 1d100 = 69/50% Fail (To detect hidden threats)
Detect Concealment & Traps 1d100 = 83/45% Fail (To detect hidden threats)



Trask continues moving south and slightly easterly away from the fires. Trask is warily eyeing the surrounding forest for threats while making his way to the southernmost body he can see. Makes no sense in a raid like this... but then again when have orcs really made a lick of sense. Trask thinks as he goes.

Contingent defense
Parries with Shield as needed: 1d20+11 = 23, 1d20+11 = 20, 1d20+11 = 14, 1d20+11 = 14, 1d20+11 = 14, 1d20+11 = 26, 1d20+11 = 19
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes

Postby Augur » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:30 am

Conditions:
Date: 5 May, 345
Time: 1906
Environment: Dusk; fading light
Location: 15 miles south-southwest Llorn


(Ambient sounds)

Jakkin notes tracks, largish, humanoid tracks scattered all about the area. Most are headed up the hill a bit and towards the East. He races across an open patch between the trees before settling for a moment in the bosom of a copse of three trees. To the north of his position he spies two unattended horses. One is saddled. Just east of the unsaddled paint he spies the ruins of a stone watchtower amid the trees.

Fox describes what he understands the condition of the body to be and the likely circumstances surrounding that death before crossing to the edge of the burning camp to inspect the next nearest body. This one appears to be an adult male, perhaps in his forties, with multiple bloody punctures and lacerations from large, bladed weapons. The stink of orcs fills his nostrils.

Tatyana catches no distinct scents amid the carnage and burning fires, all the scents are muddled amidst the confusion of mingling odors, but the tracks around and through the camp are like the open pages of a book (tracking crit success). A group of large humanoids, almost certainly orcs, came down the hill from the north and descended upon the camp in a rush. A brief battle ensued, ending with the slaughter of those at the campsite. Given the mess strewn about, everything of value was then quickly plundered before the group dispersed. This camp was clearly ambushed. Tatyana follows Fox to the eastern edge of the small camp as he inspects another body.

Thorgrim strides to the southern most body on the west side of the trail, his scale mail making rasping metallic noises as he walks. The woods surrounding the camp are ominously silent, and the smoke and crackle of the burning fires fills his ears.

Trask moves southeasterly among the trees as best he can. It's a scattered deciduous forest, not dense, and so there are frequently copses of trees bunched together with open ground between them making unobservable travel a challenge. Trask warily eyes the surrounding forest even as he hugs the edge of the treeline, not being bold or foolish as the barbarian who simply strides across the terrain seemingly oblivious to the fickle finger of fate.


Many deep, aggressive voices suddenly roar a battlecry from amidst the dark forest and long shadows. Jakkin hears the sounds as if they surround him, but spies from his peripheral vision a number of tall figures rushing from the treeline towards the others south of his position. Fox and Tatyana's keen hearing pick up the sounds of snapping twigs in the distance east of them a split second before the roar, and are alerted to the imminent threat. (+1 to initiative for Fox & Tatyana for the first melee round) Despite his own clumsy woodland skills, Thorgrim hears the movement of bodies amid the trees a moment before they begin their battlecry and rush north of his position--he can't see much this far from the light of camp. (+1 to initiative for Thorgrim for the first melee round) Trask's sixth sense makes his nerves jingle as he hears the snapping of a branch under a boiled leather sole east of Thorgrim's position at the vanguard.

There are at least four figures rushing from the trees east of the scattered group of adventurers (see map). Thorgrim's about 50' distant from the nearest perceived hostile, Trask is about 100' distant from that same hostile. Fox and Tatyana are both about 50' distant from the rushing hostiles. Jakkin is about 35' to the north of the hostile nearest him.

Map Reveal
Image


What are your intentions?

GM NOTE/REMINDER: Only your first set of JIC/Perception rolls between GM posts will be observed. Anything else will be ignored.

Combat posts!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 3746
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Tatyana Singh » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:48 pm

Perception: (57%) 1d100 = 34
JIC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 68
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 4
APM: 6

Conditions: Keen hearing, equal to a canine, excellent sense of smell.

When her keen ears pick up the familiar sound of movement, her adrenaline begins to flow though her body, Tatyana says in a low, menacing voice, "There you are." She smiles broadly as the roar comes to her a moment later. Remembering the little healer kneeing beside her, she steps between him and the Orcs and says, "Fox, prepare yourself or run." her voice holds more concern for the Kankorans safety then scorn for his lack of fighting skill. With flamberge in hand, Tatyana charges the oncoming Orcs. Mustering a protective incantation on herself and as they emerge from the darkness on the road ahead of her, the Wolfen compresses the powerful muscles in her legs and releases that energy to leap into the air and come crashing down with full force on the lead Orc. I sure hope that was their leader., pops into her mind. She rises quickly to her full height and the orange tinted Monster Hunter snarls viciously at the Orcs, allowing spittle to hang from her open maul for additional effect. That should put them off for a bit., she thinks to herself. With sword up, she readies herself to parry or dodge any attacks, if the Orcs have the grit to try.

Action 1: Charge Orcs
Action 2: Cast 'Armor of Ithan' on self (-10 P.P.E.)
Action 3: Jump kick attack. Strike: 1d20+6 = 17, Damage: 6d6+7 = 32 x2= 64
Action 4: Be scary as hell, Horror Factor 12
Action 5: Forfeit
Action 6: Forfeit

Parries with Sword as needed: 1d20+7 = 12, 1d20+7 = 21, 1d20+7 = 12, 1d20+7 = 8, 1d20+7 = 8, 1d20+7 = 10

Dodges as needed: 1d20+7 = 13, 1d20+7 = 25, 1d20+7 = 20, 1d20+7 = 23, 1d20+7 = 19, 1d20+7 = 18
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 36/36
SDC: 53/53
PPE: 127/127
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: Southern United Kingdom

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Fox » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:27 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 9 of 35%
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 15
JIC: 1d20 = 11
JIC%: 1d100 = 78

Fox replies, "I will do my part." (Speak Eastern 1d100 = 65 of 65%) Though he prefers not wasting time talking in situations like these, letting his allies know he is doing something is important also.

Fox takes cover behind the trunk of the nearby tree (just to his south) and pulls out his bow. Let the others melee with the Orcs, he will pick them off with magic lightning.

OOC Comments
Well, Fox thinks it is magic at least.


Actions per Melee 5
Action 1: Take cover and get out bow, parry with bow if required 1d20+4 = 20
Action 2: Attack 1d20+4 = 23, Damage 4d6 = 17+tesla effect, parry with bow if required 1d20+4 = 23
Action 3: Attack 1d20+4 = 18, Damage 4d6 = 11+tesla effect, parry with bow if required 1d20+4 = 9
Action 4: Attack 1d20+4 = 16, Damage 4d6 = 15+tesla effect, parry with bow if required 1d20+4 = 21
Action 5: Attack 1d20+4 = 17, Damage 4d6 = 18+tesla effect, parry with bow if required 1d20+4 = 8

Dodges if needed: 1d20+3 = 5, 1d20+3 = 9, 1d20+3 = 8
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/130 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 26/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Jakkin Longshanks » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:08 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 79/37%
JIC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 82
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 10
APM: 7

A satisfied grin bares Jakkin’s teeth as he observes a handful of Orcs rushing down on the already-plundered campsite. It has been far too long since he’s had a chance to really cut loose, and this appears to be it.

Not wasting a bolt on you, boyo; not when you’re close enough to taste you. Hooking his crossbow securely back onto his armour, he draws one of his daggers instead.

Taking off at a low, stable run, he angles to intercept the lattermost of the Orcs in this group; he’ll give the others credit enough to be able to handle themselves with the front of the charge.

Since he’s coming in at such a convenient height, he slashes once, twice, three times at the Orc’s calves, just above any boots that might be worn. If he manages to sever the muscle or tendon there, it’ll take a lot of fight out of the monster right here and now.

Action 1: Stow Crossbow
Action 2: Draw Dagger
Action 3: Cover distance to Orc #4
Action 4: Dagger strike at hamstrings: 1d20+12 = 31; 1d4 = 1+1d6+7 = 8
Action 5: Dagger strike at hamstrings: 1d20+12 = 21; 1d4 = 4+1d6+7 = 9
Action 6: Dagger strike at hamstrings: 1d20+12 = 21; 1d4 = 4+1d6+7 = 11
Action 7: Reserved for Dodge: 1d20+10 = 20

Automatic Parries: 1d20+13 = 23, 1d20+13 = 18, 1d20+13 = 27, 1d20+13 = 22, 1d20+13 = 30, 1d20+13 = 24, 1d20+13 = 25
Jakkin Longshanks
Nightvision: 90'
Locate & disarm underground traps: 20%
Detect Ambush 55%
H.P. 39/39, S.D.C. 89/89, P.P.E. 10/10
Janissary Brigandine Load Bearing Armor: A.R.: 11, S.D.C.: 95
User avatar
Jakkin Longshanks
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:39 pm
Location: Palladium Fantasy


Return to Fantasy Adventures

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron