Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Only adventured-related threads are found here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Augur » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:22 pm

Conditions:
Date: 5 May, 345
Time: 1400
Environment: Mixed light rain, smoke, and sunshine outside
Location: Outside the Gates of Llorn


The day is reaching its peak heat as those members on the hunt for gold and glory make their way through the South Gate of Llorn to the sprawling countryside beyond. The stench of dung and dirt mix in the air with the lingering stench of smoke and the mixed aromas of citylife within the city gates behind them. There's a thin but steady stream of comers and goers to wade through as they bottleneck at the gates. Those coming in are filthy with the dust and grime of travel, few in number at this time of day, and look absolutely wretched. Few have more than the clothes on their backs and maybe a satchel with meager provisions, and even fewer are on horseback or accompanying a wagon. Those leaving Llorn, however, are decidedly more numerous at this time, but very much a mixed bag. Many look to be little more than cutthroats or bandits themselves, while others appear to be former soldiers down on their luck, and not a few are fairly well equipped and clearly look to be eager to make a name for themselves and are eying their competition appraisingly.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4659
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes

Postby Fox » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:47 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 80 of 35%
JIC: 1d20 = 13
JIC%: 1d100 = 26

Fox looks about. He sees the others heading out and knows many would possibly be considered competition, but he does not worry about them. He is not in this about the rewards, to him what matters is that the job gets done. If one of the other groups succeeds, more power to them.

No, what he is looking at is those headed in. If any of those look like they have been in a fight, he will point them out and suggest, "We should find out if they encountered Orcs and where." He, himself, might well make people nervous, so he will not go talk to them...but will offer healing in trade for information after.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes

Postby Tolliver Trask » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:27 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 39/59%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 77
Conditions: Sixth Sense (Not Active)

Trask eyes the refugees coming in, his demeanor a facade of uncaring. Trask then moves his gaze towards the "Mercenaries" making their way out of the city. I am surrounded by fear and dead men. Trask thinks before he looks to Fox and the others. Shrugging his shoulders, Trask speaks up. "There is going to be a lot of competition out there... I think more of them will die in the process, but it could complicate things. As for talking to refugees, go for it." Trask says dryly.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes

Postby Jakkin Longshanks » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:39 pm

Intrant

Perception: 1d100 = 34/39%
JIC: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 69

Arriving with mule in tow -- Stew is happy enough to be out and doing something other than standing around that he isn't being fractious...yet -- Jakkin still has a disturbed scowl upon his face. Gathering supplies had gone well enough, and it hadn't taken him a great deal of time to get his gear ready for an extended trek.

No, the problem had come about when he had run into his caramel-hued lovely and told her the exciting news that he'd found her lots and lots of creatures that needed killing...and she had told him that she's busy? With some other job? But she hadn't...and he'd gone off to...

As much as I enjoy women, I'll be damned if I ever understand them.

It eventually came to him, however, that this must be some sort of test. She's leaving him to his own devices, in order to allow him to prove to her that he's every bit as amazing as he knows he is. If that's what it takes, he'll bring the heads of the Orcish leadership back to her in a sack.

He has several of those in his pack, just in case.

Dressed in his own, properly-sized suit of the Jannisary's armour with daggers sheathed at his waist and crossbow and quiver slanted across his back, the remainder of his gear is in the light pack he wears and in the saddlebags straddling Stew's back. Amongst which are the sword and shield he'd purchased for the purposes of dusting off his weapon skills; he isn't anticipating needing them, but if he ends up short his primary weapons he'd have felt an ass with spare weaponry sitting uselessly in his rooms back in the city.

Ignoring looks he might be getting from other mercenaries on the job, Jakkin falls in with Fox and Trask.

"I'm thinking any of this lot got attacked by Orcs, they didn't get this far," he observes. "Worth keeping a lookout for, though," he admits grudgingly.
Jakkin Longshanks
Nightvision: 90'
Locate & disarm underground traps: 20%
Detect Ambush 55%
H.P. 39/15, S.D.C. 89/0, P.P.E. 10/10
49' move per action (currently 24.5')
Janissary Brigandine Load Bearing Armor: A.R.: 11, S.D.C.: 95
-1 Initiative
-50% S.P.D.
-10% Skills
Bleeding 5 H.P./min
User avatar
Jakkin Longshanks
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:39 pm
Location: Palladium Fantasy

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes

Postby Augur » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:12 pm

Conditions:
Date: 5 May, 345
Time: 1405
Environment: Mixed light rain, smoke, and sunshine outside
Location: Outside the Gates of Llorn


Seeing the intermittent trickle of people entering the South Gate, Fox suggests "We should find out if they encountered Orcs and where," but is far too reticent to approach them himself given his appearance and how they might react.

Trask responds dryly, "There is going to be a lot of competition out there. I think more of them will die in the process, but it could complicate things. As for talking to refugees, go for it."

Jakkin, with Stew occasionally braying over his sensitive ears, falls in with Fox and Trask. They might quite an unusual looking trio standing to one side of the gates and waiting for the others to catch up. He says to the others, "I'm thinking any of this lot got attacked by Orcs, they didn't get this far. Worth keeping a lookout for, though."

Trask and Jakkin observe that the light stream of traffic and its constituent travelers are a hell of a lot fewer in number than the traffic the South Gate is accustomed to seeing. Likewise, they both identify the main difference between old trends and new: the old crowd tended to be those with things to sell, be it merchants with covered wagons and an accompanying light escort, or villagers from nearby shires bringing in excess grain or vegetables to sell in Llorn's bustling markets; the new crowd is almost universally composed of weary looking villagers with little to nothing to offer save for the desperate or forlorn looks in their eyes.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4659
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes

Postby Jakkin Longshanks » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:16 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 17/37%
JIC: 1d20 = 20/1d100 = 66

Jakkin regards the sporadic stream of refugees for a few long moments, ignoring the occasional spatter of rain that speckles his hair and beard.

"Makes you wonder how much better they think things are going to be here," he observes to the other two. "No Orcs to kill you, but they've got next to nothing and don't have a place here. I think I'd rather take my chances, than be a useless trog with nothing to look forward to." He hocks and spits; even the thought leaves a bad taste in his mouth.

Even better question; how much worse are things going to get? "Oi, Fox; they keep arriving like this, how long do you think before disease or hunger starts killing people in earnest?" he asks, out of only somewhat-idle curiosity.
Jakkin Longshanks
Nightvision: 90'
Locate & disarm underground traps: 20%
Detect Ambush 55%
H.P. 39/15, S.D.C. 89/0, P.P.E. 10/10
49' move per action (currently 24.5')
Janissary Brigandine Load Bearing Armor: A.R.: 11, S.D.C.: 95
-1 Initiative
-50% S.P.D.
-10% Skills
Bleeding 5 H.P./min
User avatar
Jakkin Longshanks
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:39 pm
Location: Palladium Fantasy

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes

Postby Fox » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:36 am

Perception: 1d100 = 11 of 35%
JIC: 1d20 = 20
JIC% 1d100 = 90

Holistic Medicine (Diagnose) 1d100 = 90 of 70%

Fox responds thoughtfully, "Right now, the fishing fleet is still going out, that helps alleviate the problem slightly. Unless the Orcs are decisively dealt with though, not more that 8 weeks. A great many supplies were destroyed by the dragon crashing into the market district, normally the city could last until next harvest with careful rationing."

Fox is not quite certain of his diagnosis, but as long as more people keep coming in but not more supplies, it is fairly likely.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes

Postby Jakkin Longshanks » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:00 pm

(Rolls held)

Jakkin considers the city behind them, the streams of people heading inside, many of them villagers and farmers. He had his share of lean times growing up; while fairly secure; the clan halls weren’t especially well provisioned, and it only took a few extra beasts dying or a crop going bad for things to get tight. And disease amongst close quarters, even mitigated by clerical magics, wasn’t something to be discounted.

Finally, he grunted and turned back to the others.

”I like to eat, and the pickings are going to get worse, not better, the longer that goes on,” he announces dryly. Hell, half those people are the ones who are supposed to be making the food, not crowding in here eating it.

He glances back at the city again, frowning. ”What’s keeping those two?” he asks irritably. He’s going to have to refrain from giving those two the chewing out that habit demands; he’s not their Sergeant. Civilian life – takes some getting used to.
Jakkin Longshanks
Nightvision: 90'
Locate & disarm underground traps: 20%
Detect Ambush 55%
H.P. 39/15, S.D.C. 89/0, P.P.E. 10/10
49' move per action (currently 24.5')
Janissary Brigandine Load Bearing Armor: A.R.: 11, S.D.C.: 95
-1 Initiative
-50% S.P.D.
-10% Skills
Bleeding 5 H.P./min
User avatar
Jakkin Longshanks
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:39 pm
Location: Palladium Fantasy

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Tatyana Singh » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:36 pm

Perception: (57%) 1d100 = 16
JIC: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 88

Conditions: Keen hearing, equal to a canine, excellent sense of smell

Tatyana, having outfitted herself as best she can for the new mission, makes her way to the South Gate. She stops to look over the crowd of begins coming and going. Her stint with the reconstruction crews these past few months has given her a new confidence, she has gotten used to being seen by people in the city on an almost daily basis and now she stands tall in her gleaming armor and her trusty hooded cloak tucked firming in her bag.

"Well, lets gather some information." (Intelligence ]57%] 1d100 = 83) she says to herself. Using all of the languages at her disposal, the Wolfen starts by stopping and asking questions to the non-humans she encounters first and after a while begins asking the humans as well. "Where are you from?", "Were you attacked by Orcs or any other monsters and where?", "What have you heard about the Orcs attacks?", etc. Tatyana doesn't expect to get much, but she is ever hopeful and takes mental notes to record later. She will also answer any questions put to her, doing her best to reassure them.

The Wolfen also picks up scents from the refugees and from the others heading out to do the same thing she is doing. She eventually catches sight of the others and makes her way over to them.
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 36/36
SDC: 53/53
PPE: 127/107
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: Southern United Kingdom

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Tolliver Trask » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:22 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 33/59%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 77
Conditions: Sixth Sense (Not active)

Trask harumphs to himself, not uncommon for the grumpy looking Mercenary. "So I don't know if anyone thought about a particular piece of information. There are other members of our merry band that are likely unaware that we are even here. Maybe we should go and get them so as to not randomly be caught with our collective britches around our ankles." I guess I got excited about getting some actual work, that even I didn't think of it.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Fox » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:05 pm

(Rolls held over)
Fox shakes his ears at Tatyana, "I am not sure you or I would get an honest answer Tatyana. To them, we are Wolfen, and Wolfen are often viewed as allies of the Orcs. That is why I did not ask them myself."

1d100 = 20 of 65% Speak Eastern
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Thorgrim » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:36 pm

Perception (48%): 1d100 = 30
JiC: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 38

Pleased with the weather, Thorgrim pulls the lead for Bill -the barbarian’s workhorse- in his right fist. Not wanting to wear the animal to death, or earn a swift hoof-kick in the groin for mistreating it, but asserting his enthusiasm for finally getting outside of the enormous city to ply his trade. He scans the loathesome procession of refugees coming in through the South Gate as he treads forward in the opposite direction. Well this isn’t a surprising sight to see, considering the news we’ve had thus far.
”Come along, Bill. We’ll slow down as soon as we get linked up with our compatriots. That is, as soon as I can spot a Wolfen, a ghoul-faced man, a Kankoran, and a midget... er, ‘gnome’ I believe was the term... hmmm.”

In time, Thorgrim sees the towering, furry, and armored beacon that is Tatyana and follows her to link up with the rest. ”Greetings. The weather matches the mood of most of those passing through here. Some look nearly as gaunt and worn out as you Trask, hehe.”. The barbarian warrior continues to survey the crowd casually and listens to any conversations of interest to their newly assigned work, as he speaks to his friends, nodding in approval of Tatyana’s and Fox’s initial suggestions to work the crowd. ”I suppose if we can find any leader or figure head soon, then we could make inquiries. Or see what the South Gate guards know, as far as what villages have been hit. It would give us a direction to start... And if neither is fruitful, I say we can follow this sorry flow of people ‘upstream’ to wherever they continue to come from; we’re bound to come across something more interesting to our case.” He grins a devilish smile and shrugs harmlessly at that last comment. Like walking right into a blood spilling fight, kind of interesting. ”Any thoughts? Either way, we shouldn’t waste good weather to travel, and a good portion of daylight left to be on the road.”

Thorgim pats down the saddle bags, straddling Bill’s rear to ensure the extra rations aren’t easily noticeable or accessible for refugee hands, desperately looking for a free meal. This food’s for fighters, and we’ll need its nourishment more than ya’ll once we’re the ones outside the gates.
If Thor can identify anyone who looks to be a ‘refugee’ of some authority, he will engage them or otherwise some of the South Gate guards on information about the latest Orc attack related information. If he thinks someone is holding out valuable information on him, he will attempt to barter for the information offering rations (for the evacuees) or gold (for the guards) as collateral.

Language: Elven (58%): 1d100 = 89
Language: Gobblely (68%): 1d100 = 65 - eavesdropping/listening in a language aside from Eastern for leads or conversations of interest

Invoke Trust (48%): 1d100 = 1 - build rapport in order to gain information, and possible leads for the attacks, locations of orc activity, and locations of groups of refugees not yet evacuated.

Barter (48%): 1d100 = 91 - gain more valuable information or information which may be withheld without ‘sweetening the deal’
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 49/49
S.D.C.: 123/123
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Armor
Scale Mail: AR 15
S.D.C.: 71/125


Weapons
Large Iron Shield, Over-sized Claymore, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes

Postby Augur » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:26 am

Conditions:
Date: 5 May, 345
Time: 1415
Environment: Mixed light rain, smoke, and sunshine outside
Location: Outside the Gates of Llorn


Fox and Jakkin banter while waiting on the wolfen and the barbarian to show up. Punctuality is a virtue more highly praised by the civilized, it would seem. Tatyana finally arrives, gets the gist of the others thoughts on how to proceed, and soon terrifies many of the refugees with her attempts to interrogate them. The guards rush to intervene, recognize the situation for what it is, and scold Tatyana to mind her place and not to bother the wretches. Fox merely shakes his head, having known full well what would be the likely reactions of the refugees when confronted by a huge wolfen dressed for combat, almost literally barking questions at them. Eventually, Thorgrim arrives practically dragging Bill the horse behind him. He quickly gets the gist of what the party's after. Bill, apparently, is quite a charming horse. A trio of peasant children rush up and start stroking his nose. Bill corrects their efforts by lowering his head further so that they can scratch his ears. He chuffles and snorts with pleasure which elicits giggles from the children, and a look of gratitude and relief from their parents. Thorgrim's no fool, and recognizes opportunity when he sees it. After a few minutes of building rapport with the husky elder brother of the kids and their parents, he learns they're from an unnamed farmstead to the southwest some twenty miles. They had passed a number of refugee groups on the way in as the father was quite insistent that a steady, strong pace was their best chance for survival. Some others fleeing had not been so wise, and they report having seen sacked campsites sporadically up until they were within about five miles of Llorn. They didn't have any first-hand knowledge of the orcs, but the teen son acknowledges that his hunting buddies had spoken with a traveling merchant who described seeing large number of orcs to the southwest of Llorn (maybe coming out of the Old Kingdom lowlands), but had also heard rumors of orcs near Hadrian's Cove to the east. Having gleaned what they could from the hapless refugees, the group takes follows the road heading south.



Conditions:
Date: 5 May, 345
Time: 1900
Environment: Dusk; fading light
Location: 15 miles south-southwest Llorn


The sun is starting to well and truly dip behind the scattered light forest, and the group realizes they'd better soon find a spot to camp when they see light in the distance ahead as though from a hearty campfire. The trek so far had been uneventful, no refugees to speak of, though signs of their passage were everywhere. Approaching the campfire with some caution, they see the shape of a wagon between two groups of trees and approach at a more confident pace. Once near enough to see things well, however, they see that there will be no questions answered by these refugees.

Map Reveal
Image


What are your intentions?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4659
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Fox » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:06 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 14 of 39%
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 14
JIC: 1d20 = 14
JIC%: 1d100 = 39

Fox looks at the others, "I wish to examine the bodies to see if I can gather any useful information, like how long ago this happened and how they were killed. I have some slight skill in tracking, but if anyone is an expert I will gladly defer to them."

He is going to look and also to make sure if everyone is actually dead. If not, there is a good chance he can help them. If everyone is dead, then he wishes to determine the causes of death. Once he has finished that, he will examine the evidence left behind by the attackers to see if he can learn anything about their numbers, arms, and transportation, and where they came from and went to.

A few Rolls:
Holistic Medicine (Diagnose) 1d100 = 54 of 70%
Holistic Medicine (Treat) 1d100 = 62 of 70%
Track Familiar Scent (If Orcs are a familiar scent) 1d100 = 69 of 32%
Track Blood Scent (if any Orcs were hurt in the fight) 1d100 = 77 of 42%
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Jakkin Longshanks » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:55 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 37/37%
JIC: 1d20 = 17/1d100 = 74
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 3

Upon first approaching the campsite, Jakkin had offered to go on ahead to initiate contact with the campers; upon first impression he's the least threatening by far, and in case the campers are unfriendly, well...he can take far better care of himself than one might expect.

That plan is scrapped, however, upon drawing close enough to the campsite to see more of it than just its light. The Gnome snorts softly, then unlimbers his crossbow as Fox expresses his desire to go help the deceased. Or possibly only gravely injured. Sure, Orcish bandits are renowned for leaving survivors, of course.

"I'll do a circuit of the perimeter," he announces in a low voice, quickly tangling Stew's lead reins in the nearby bush to discourage the damnfool beast from wandering off. "This didn't happen long ago, with the state of those fires; the raiders might not be very far off." Keeping his head down and moving slowly to avoid making much noise, the Gnome traces a path sunwise about the camp, right at the edge of where the light from the burning wagons fails to illuminate clearly, searching for signs of tracks and any potential lurkers to finish off anyone who might come to investigate the blaze.


Detect Ambush 1d100 = 90 / 55%
Track Humanoids 1d100 = 75 / 50%
Prowl 1d100 = 2 / 55% (CRIT SUCCESS)
Jakkin Longshanks
Nightvision: 90'
Locate & disarm underground traps: 20%
Detect Ambush 55%
H.P. 39/15, S.D.C. 89/0, P.P.E. 10/10
49' move per action (currently 24.5')
Janissary Brigandine Load Bearing Armor: A.R.: 11, S.D.C.: 95
-1 Initiative
-50% S.P.D.
-10% Skills
Bleeding 5 H.P./min
User avatar
Jakkin Longshanks
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:39 pm
Location: Palladium Fantasy

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Tatyana Singh » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:13 pm

Perception: (57%) 1d100 = 30
JIC: 1d20 = 1/1d100 = 74
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 17

Conditions: Keen hearing, equal to a canine, excellent sense of smell.

Tatyana still smarting from the incident at the South gate, brings up the rear of the party as it approaches what looks to be a camp site, of humans no doubt. I'm sure these humans will be just as pathetic, useless and raciest to see someone who is trying to help them as those refugees back at Llorn. The Wolfen hunter thinks to herself. In the light of the blaze, she quickly realizes that won't be a problem thins time.
Fox and Jakkin head off in their endeavours, Tatyana will unsheathe her Flamberge and quietly say to the others, “By ready, I'll try and draw anyone out.” as she continues to walk down the middle of the path into the camp ahead of the others. She will stop on the path between the wagon and the first blaze and survey the area, putting her keen senses to the test and trying to be ready for anything, she fully expects to be attacked.

Track blood scent [36%] 1d100 = 10
Track familiar scent [32%] 1d100 = 100
Track Humanoids [50%] 1d100 = 86
Intelligence [57%] 1d100 = 92
Lore: Demons and Monsters [82%] 1d100 = 57
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 36/36
SDC: 53/53
PPE: 127/107
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: Southern United Kingdom

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Thorgrim » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:48 am

Per (63%): 1d100 = 86
JiC: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 12
Initiative: 1d20+7 = 25

Thorgrim shakes his head in disappointment at the scene. We’re too late for these fair folk. But, maybe their attackers are still in the area. The barbarian tries to hastily interject before his companions take action. ”Quickly learn what we can, then we need to get out of here. It’s hard enough to locate a suitable campsite, this late, without Orcs or Belimar-knows-what else is out there... we’ll need to get away from here soon.” Thorgrim slowly paces forward and ties Bill to the tree directly in front of Trask, and pulls his enchanted battle axe out of his belt with his right hand.
He watches Jakkin and Tatyana as they move forward and around. During this time, Thorgrim simply observes his surroundings before proceeding forward into the destroyed campsite with Fox. As Fox tends to the victims and dead, Thorgrim checks the Wagon, equipment, stores, and ablaze tents... if there is anything left of them at this point. ”Well Fox, can you tell anything from the victims? Can you tell if this was from Orcs as we may suspect, or something else?”

Prowl (53%) <— -10% prowl for scale mail. (43%): 1d100 = 4 - Movements attempted to be stealthy and deliberate. However, may not be feasible near the fires within the middle of the camp.
Wilderness Survival (68%): 1d100 = 93 - Attempting to discern if there is anything odd about the surrounding environment (i.e. birds/crickets cease noise due to presence of predator nearby, broken branches indicating recent movement nearby, etc)
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 49/49
S.D.C.: 123/123
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Armor
Scale Mail: AR 15
S.D.C.: 71/125


Weapons
Large Iron Shield, Over-sized Claymore, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Tolliver Trask » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:15 am

Perception: 1d100 = 71/59%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 16; 1d100 = 18
Conditions: Sixth Sense (Not Active ?), Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.


Skills
Detect Ambush 1d100 = 10/50% Pass (To seek out anyone hiding in ambush)
Detect Concealment & Traps 1d100 = 4/45% Pass (To seek out any Traps left for rescuers)
Prowl 1d100 = 18/45% Pass (To stay hidden from possible ambushes)
Wilderness Survival 1d100 = 37/60% Pass (To find any tracks, not so much to follow them as that isn't part of the skill)



Trask lets go of Garrick's lead and begins to slowly prowl froward to the trees to the south east of his current location. While he moves forward, Trask unlimbers his shield to his left arm and slowly draws his dwarven long sword. Either bandits, Orcs, or Bandit Orcs I would guess. Trask thinks as he moves from the trees to the wagon, using it as cover as well. Though Trask can likely feel the heat of the fires, his enchanted armor makes the possibility of harm from fire an impossibility. Trask looks around the area for signs of what could have happened, not worrying so much of the violence aspect and more of the how the "raiders" approached, why they attacked this group in particular, and what not. To top all of this off Trask very quietly mutters a prayer to his dark patron. "Lord Utu, guide these souls to their deserved ends. I will slay more to fill your coffers."
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes

Postby Augur » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:12 pm

Conditions:
Date: 5 May, 345
Time: 1905
Environment: Dusk; fading light
Location: 15 miles south-southwest Llorn


Thorgrim hastily interjects before his companions take action. "Quickly learn what we can, then we need to get out of here. It’s hard enough to locate a suitable campsite, this late, without Orcs or Belimar-knows-what else is out there. We’ll need to get away from here soon." He then ties Bill to a nearby tree, and pulls his axe free from his belt. Watching the others, he observes his surroundings before advancing with Fox.

Tatyana's nose tweaks as the mixed scents of blood, human feces, and orc attack her senses. She extracts her flamberge from its scabbard as she whispers to the others. "By ready, I'll try and draw anyone out."

Fox regards the others, "I wish to examine the bodies to see if I can gather any useful information, like how long ago this happened and how they were killed. I have some slight skill in tracking, but if anyone is an expert I will gladly defer to them." No one responds in the affirmative, so he advances cautiously into the campsite. As he nears, the acrid smell of smoke and blood hangs heavily in the air. The tents are ablaze...these fires must not have been lit very long ago.

"I'll do a circuit of the perimeter," the gnome quietly announces as he follows Thorgrim's lead and secures Stew. "This didn't happen long ago, with the state of those fires; the raiders might not be very far off."

Trask lets go of Garrick's lead and insinuates himself among the undergrowth and branches of the tree just south of the group's animals. He frees his sword and shield as he goes. It's slow going attempting to quietly move in such foliage for a heavily equipped human, but he estimates he's done a fair job of it. Nothing an elf would compliment, mind you, but neither would one be likely to criticize. Trask very quietly mutters a prayer to his dark patron. "Lord Utu, guide these souls to their deserved ends. I will slay more to fill your coffers."

Fox inspects the nearest body: a teenaged human male by appearances. The body rests in a pool of blood between two lush, green trees. The boy's been split from crotch to throat with a blade. Tatyana passes the kneeling Fox to head directly into the camp ahead of the others. Thorgrim, too, passes Fox and is close on Tatyana's heels. As she advances into the middle of the camp, he checks the wagon. He calls back, "Well Fox, can you tell anything from the victims? Can you tell if this was from Orcs as we may suspect, or something else?" Jakkin skulks around to the north of the camp from his position, sprinting quickly but quietly across the wide open road to secret himself among the undergrowth on the other side.

Map Reveal
Image


What are your intentions?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4659
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Jakkin Longshanks » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:45 am

Perception: 1d100 = 32/37%
JIC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 100

Jakkin is enjoying himself immensely despite the situation, skulking unseen through the undergrowth with danger in the air. He realises, however, that he’s focusing more on that than he is on the job at hand and settles down to it.

Keeping just to the edge of the firelight, he continues to the east along the north flank of the campsite. He keeps his senses peeled for any sign of an imminent attack while looking for traces that will tell which way the attackers had come from, or which way they departed by.

Time to see if I’ve been out of the field for too long; just bumbling around isn’t going to cut it.


Detect Ambush 1d100 = 39 / 55%
Track Humanoids 1d100 = 14 / 50%
Prowl 1d100 = 27 / 55%
Jakkin Longshanks
Nightvision: 90'
Locate & disarm underground traps: 20%
Detect Ambush 55%
H.P. 39/15, S.D.C. 89/0, P.P.E. 10/10
49' move per action (currently 24.5')
Janissary Brigandine Load Bearing Armor: A.R.: 11, S.D.C.: 95
-1 Initiative
-50% S.P.D.
-10% Skills
Bleeding 5 H.P./min
User avatar
Jakkin Longshanks
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:39 pm
Location: Palladium Fantasy

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Fox » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:09 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 12 of 35%
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 12
JIC: 1d20 = 4
JIC%: 1d100 = 62

Fox replies, "This one was struck down with a single blow from below. Given that, the attacker probably possessed greater strength than the average human, though not beyond the best humans. Since the blow was from down to up and not angled to the side, it was probably made with a bladed weapon, not an axe but likely a sword or smaller blade. The attacker is probably not much larger than a human, as they would have had much more difficulty attacking from below. They probably used the blow they did because the trees confined side-to-side swinging.
It COULD have been an Orc, but might also have been a human, an Elf, or a Wolfen or Ogre."


Fox adds, "This was recent, the blood is still wet, the bodies have no signs of Rigor Mortis, the fires are still evaporating aromatics."

Fox moves to the next body, but also sees if he can learn anything more from the area (not likely, as he lacks tracking skills).
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Tatyana Singh » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:58 pm

Perception: (57%) 1d100 = 15
JIC: 1d20 = 1/1d100 = 29
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 19

Conditions: Keen hearing, equal to a canine, excellent sense of smell.

Fox wrote:...It COULD have been an Orc, but might also have been a human, an Elf, or a Wolfen or Ogre."
Fox adds, "This was recent, the blood is still wet, the bodies have no signs of Rigor Mortis, the fires are still evaporating aromatics."


Tatyana narrows her eyes at Fox for adding Wolfen into that list, but simply replies, "The place reeks of Orcs, use your nose cousin." The setting sun stretches dark shadows, held off only by the light from the blazing remains that were until recently a human campsite. The towering Wolfen keeps her ears to the surrounding woods as she searches the encampment for anything of interest, taking care to shield her eyes from the light of the fires. There must be something of use here, tracks, gold, markings, anything that may help me figure out what direction the Orcs came from and which way they left...if they even did. She tightens her grip on the flamberge at that last thought. She can only see the hulking form of Thorgirm, but knows the others are close by.
If she finds nothing of use or interest Tatyana will move in the direction of the road and the two other bodies.

Track blood scent [36%] 1d100 = 50
Track familiar scent [32%] 1d100 = 70
Track Humanoids [50%] 1d100 = 4
Intelligence [57%] 1d100 = 8
Lore: Demons and Monsters [82%] 1d100 = 46
Wilderness Survival [77%] 1d100 = 15
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 36/36
SDC: 53/53
PPE: 127/107
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: Southern United Kingdom

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Thorgrim » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:56 am

Per (63%): 1d100 = 46
JiC: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 7
Initiative: 1d20+7 = 12

Thorgrim frowns in disappointment. Acknowledging the mind blowing discoveries being made by his wolffish companions he comments, ”It seems there is not much to learn, aside from what is already obvious. Let’s finish up and get the hell out of here... we’ll need to off ourselves by about a mile before we can settle down for the night - without a fire tonight as well, to be sure. With freshly slain victims, the killers could still be in the immediate area.”
Thorgrim tries to hasten their temporary investigation of the destroyed campsite. The barbarian strides over to the southern most body on the west side of the trail in order to quickly investigate it before returning to his horse Bill, and pressing the group that they should quickly depart.

Prowl (53%) <— -10% prowl for scale mail. (43%): 1d100 = 48 - Movements attempted to be stealthy and deliberate. However, may not be feasible near the fires within the middle of the camp.
Wilderness Survival (68%): 1d100 = 70 - Attempting to discern if there is anything odd about the surrounding environment (i.e. birds/crickets cease noise due to presence of predator nearby, broken branches indicating recent movement nearby, etc)
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 49/49
S.D.C.: 123/123
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Armor
Scale Mail: AR 15
S.D.C.: 71/125


Weapons
Large Iron Shield, Over-sized Claymore, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Fox » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:28 am

(Rolls held over)
Fox nods to Thorgrim, "The dead will attract scavengers, some of which can be dangerous."

He looks over the next body, and scents the wind in case there are any threats still nearby.

Recognize Scent 1d100 = 15 of 32%
Holistic Medicine (diagnosis) 1d100 = 65 of 70%
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Jakkin Longshanks » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:41 am

Perception: 1d100 = 95/37%
JIC: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 22
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 21

They sure make a lot of damned noise when there's a good chance there's still killers in the area, Jakkin thinks sourly as the others chatter like magpies in the middle of the firelit wreck of a campsite. If that were the plan, that would be another story; lure out potential ambushers while others wait in an ambush of their own.

He'll just have to make sure he remains unseen and unheard, and ready to get the hell out of the way should anything come flying out of the dark at him. Until and if that happens, he'll keep looking for the tracks of whomever did this. This could be an easy, early lead to finding some Orcs and start collecting on some ears. He's certainly not opposed to picking up some gold; he's hasn't been so blessed as the rest of his companions to be flush with funds at the moment.

Contingent Dodges: 1d20+10 = 28, 1d20+10 = 30 Crit Success!, 1d20+10 = 27, 1d20+10 = 18
Jakkin Longshanks
Nightvision: 90'
Locate & disarm underground traps: 20%
Detect Ambush 55%
H.P. 39/15, S.D.C. 89/0, P.P.E. 10/10
49' move per action (currently 24.5')
Janissary Brigandine Load Bearing Armor: A.R.: 11, S.D.C.: 95
-1 Initiative
-50% S.P.D.
-10% Skills
Bleeding 5 H.P./min
User avatar
Jakkin Longshanks
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:39 pm
Location: Palladium Fantasy

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Tolliver Trask » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:48 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 29/59%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 4; 1d100 = 56
Conditions: Sixth Sense.


Skills
Prowl 1d100 = 68/45% Fail (To remain hidden)
Detect Ambush 1d100 = 69/50% Fail (To detect hidden threats)
Detect Concealment & Traps 1d100 = 83/45% Fail (To detect hidden threats)



Trask continues moving south and slightly easterly away from the fires. Trask is warily eyeing the surrounding forest for threats while making his way to the southernmost body he can see. Makes no sense in a raid like this... but then again when have orcs really made a lick of sense. Trask thinks as he goes.

Contingent defense
Parries with Shield as needed: 1d20+11 = 23, 1d20+11 = 20, 1d20+11 = 14, 1d20+11 = 14, 1d20+11 = 14, 1d20+11 = 26, 1d20+11 = 19
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes

Postby Augur » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:30 am

Conditions:
Date: 5 May, 345
Time: 1906
Environment: Dusk; fading light
Location: 15 miles south-southwest Llorn


(Ambient sounds)

Jakkin notes tracks, largish, humanoid tracks scattered all about the area. Most are headed up the hill a bit and towards the East. He races across an open patch between the trees before settling for a moment in the bosom of a copse of three trees. To the north of his position he spies two unattended horses. One is saddled. Just east of the unsaddled paint he spies the ruins of a stone watchtower amid the trees.

Fox describes what he understands the condition of the body to be and the likely circumstances surrounding that death before crossing to the edge of the burning camp to inspect the next nearest body. This one appears to be an adult male, perhaps in his forties, with multiple bloody punctures and lacerations from large, bladed weapons. The stink of orcs fills his nostrils.

Tatyana catches no distinct scents amid the carnage and burning fires, all the scents are muddled amidst the confusion of mingling odors, but the tracks around and through the camp are like the open pages of a book (tracking crit success). A group of large humanoids, almost certainly orcs, came down the hill from the north and descended upon the camp in a rush. A brief battle ensued, ending with the slaughter of those at the campsite. Given the mess strewn about, everything of value was then quickly plundered before the group dispersed. This camp was clearly ambushed. Tatyana follows Fox to the eastern edge of the small camp as he inspects another body.

Thorgrim strides to the southern most body on the west side of the trail, his scale mail making rasping metallic noises as he walks. The woods surrounding the camp are ominously silent, and the smoke and crackle of the burning fires fills his ears.

Trask moves southeasterly among the trees as best he can. It's a scattered deciduous forest, not dense, and so there are frequently copses of trees bunched together with open ground between them making unobservable travel a challenge. Trask warily eyes the surrounding forest even as he hugs the edge of the treeline, not being bold or foolish as the barbarian who simply strides across the terrain seemingly oblivious to the fickle finger of fate.


Many deep, aggressive voices suddenly roar a battlecry from amidst the dark forest and long shadows. Jakkin hears the sounds as if they surround him, but spies from his peripheral vision a number of tall figures rushing from the treeline towards the others south of his position. Fox and Tatyana's keen hearing pick up the sounds of snapping twigs in the distance east of them a split second before the roar, and are alerted to the imminent threat. (+1 to initiative for Fox & Tatyana for the first melee round) Despite his own clumsy woodland skills, Thorgrim hears the movement of bodies amid the trees a moment before they begin their battlecry and rush north of his position--he can't see much this far from the light of camp. (+1 to initiative for Thorgrim for the first melee round) Trask's sixth sense makes his nerves jingle as he hears the snapping of a branch under a boiled leather sole east of Thorgrim's position at the vanguard.

There are at least four figures rushing from the trees east of the scattered group of adventurers (see map). Thorgrim's about 50' distant from the nearest perceived hostile, Trask is about 100' distant from that same hostile. Fox and Tatyana are both about 50' distant from the rushing hostiles. Jakkin is about 35' to the north of the hostile nearest him.

Map Reveal
Image


What are your intentions?

GM NOTE/REMINDER: Only your first set of JIC/Perception rolls between GM posts will be observed. Anything else will be ignored.

Combat posts!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4659
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Tatyana Singh » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:48 pm

Perception: (57%) 1d100 = 34
JIC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 68
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 4
APM: 6

Conditions: Keen hearing, equal to a canine, excellent sense of smell.

When her keen ears pick up the familiar sound of movement, her adrenaline begins to flow though her body, Tatyana says in a low, menacing voice, "There you are." She smiles broadly as the roar comes to her a moment later. Remembering the little healer kneeing beside her, she steps between him and the Orcs and says, "Fox, prepare yourself or run." her voice holds more concern for the Kankorans safety then scorn for his lack of fighting skill. With flamberge in hand, Tatyana charges the oncoming Orcs. Mustering a protective incantation on herself and as they emerge from the darkness on the road ahead of her, the Wolfen compresses the powerful muscles in her legs and releases that energy to leap into the air and come crashing down with full force on the lead Orc. I sure hope that was their leader., pops into her mind. She rises quickly to her full height and the orange tinted Monster Hunter snarls viciously at the Orcs, allowing spittle to hang from her open maul for additional effect. That should put them off for a bit., she thinks to herself. With sword up, she readies herself to parry or dodge any attacks, if the Orcs have the grit to try.

Action 1: Charge Orcs
Action 2: Cast 'Armor of Ithan' on self (-10 P.P.E.)
Action 3: Jump kick attack. Strike: 1d20+6 = 17, Damage: 6d6+7 = 32 x2= 64
Action 4: Be scary as hell, Horror Factor 12
Action 5: Forfeit
Action 6: Forfeit

Parries with Sword as needed: 1d20+7 = 12, 1d20+7 = 21, 1d20+7 = 12, 1d20+7 = 8, 1d20+7 = 8, 1d20+7 = 10

Dodges as needed: 1d20+7 = 13, 1d20+7 = 25, 1d20+7 = 20, 1d20+7 = 23, 1d20+7 = 19, 1d20+7 = 18
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 36/36
SDC: 53/53
PPE: 127/107
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: Southern United Kingdom

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Fox » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:27 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 9 of 35%
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 15
JIC: 1d20 = 11
JIC%: 1d100 = 78

Fox replies, "I will do my part." (Speak Eastern 1d100 = 65 of 65%) Though he prefers not wasting time talking in situations like these, letting his allies know he is doing something is important also.

Fox takes cover behind the trunk of the nearby tree (just to his south) and pulls out his bow. Let the others melee with the Orcs, he will pick them off with magic lightning.

OOC Comments
Well, Fox thinks it is magic at least.


Actions per Melee 5
Action 1: Take cover and get out bow, parry with bow if required 1d20+4 = 20
Action 2: Attack 1d20+4 = 23, Damage 4d6 = 17+tesla effect, parry with bow if required 1d20+4 = 23
Action 3: Attack 1d20+4 = 18, Damage 4d6 = 11+tesla effect, parry with bow if required 1d20+4 = 9
Action 4: Attack 1d20+4 = 16, Damage 4d6 = 15+tesla effect, parry with bow if required 1d20+4 = 21
Action 5: Attack 1d20+4 = 17, Damage 4d6 = 18+tesla effect, parry with bow if required 1d20+4 = 8

Dodges if needed: 1d20+3 = 5, 1d20+3 = 9, 1d20+3 = 8
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Jakkin Longshanks » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:08 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 79/37%
JIC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 82
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 10
APM: 7

A satisfied grin bares Jakkin’s teeth as he observes a handful of Orcs rushing down on the already-plundered campsite. It has been far too long since he’s had a chance to really cut loose, and this appears to be it.

Not wasting a bolt on you, boyo; not when you’re close enough to taste you. Hooking his crossbow securely back onto his armour, he draws one of his daggers instead.

Taking off at a low, stable run, he angles to intercept the lattermost of the Orcs in this group; he’ll give the others credit enough to be able to handle themselves with the front of the charge.

Since he’s coming in at such a convenient height, he slashes once, twice, three times at the Orc’s calves, just above any boots that might be worn. If he manages to sever the muscle or tendon there, it’ll take a lot of fight out of the monster right here and now.

Action 1: Stow Crossbow
Action 2: Draw Dagger
Action 3: Cover distance to Orc #4
Action 4: Dagger strike at hamstrings: 1d20+12 = 31; 1d4 = 1+1d6+7 = 8
Action 5: Dagger strike at hamstrings: 1d20+12 = 21; 1d4 = 4+1d6+7 = 9
Action 6: Dagger strike at hamstrings: 1d20+12 = 21; 1d4 = 4+1d6+7 = 11
Action 7: Reserved for Dodge: 1d20+10 = 20

Automatic Parries: 1d20+13 = 23, 1d20+13 = 18, 1d20+13 = 27, 1d20+13 = 22, 1d20+13 = 30, 1d20+13 = 24, 1d20+13 = 25
Jakkin Longshanks
Nightvision: 90'
Locate & disarm underground traps: 20%
Detect Ambush 55%
H.P. 39/15, S.D.C. 89/0, P.P.E. 10/10
49' move per action (currently 24.5')
Janissary Brigandine Load Bearing Armor: A.R.: 11, S.D.C.: 95
-1 Initiative
-50% S.P.D.
-10% Skills
Bleeding 5 H.P./min
User avatar
Jakkin Longshanks
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:39 pm
Location: Palladium Fantasy

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Tolliver Trask » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:19 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 28/59%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 1; 1d100 = 92
Conditions: Sixth Sense (Active), Immune to Fire, Cold Resistant.


Initiative: 1d20+11 = 13
Number of Attacks: 7

Action One and Two: Charge the Orcs (51' per action).
Action Three: Attack nearest Orc with Longsword. (Strike: 1d20+10 = 21; Damage: 3d6+3 = 10)
Action Four: Attack nearest Orc with Longsword. (Strike: 1d20+10 = 18; Damage: 3d6+3 = 14)
Action Five: Attack nearest Orc with Longsword. (Strike: 1d20+10 = 30; Damage: 3d6+3 = 8)
Action Six: Attack nearest Orc with Longsword. (Strike: 1d20+10 = 26; Damage: 3d6+3 = 14)
Action Seven: Attack nearest Orc with Longsword. (Strike: 1d20+10 = 21; Damage: 3d6+3 = 19)

Note: If there is some manner of Spell Caster, Trask will move to attack them.

Parries with Shield as Needed: 1d20+14 = 32, 1d20+14 = 20, 1d20+14 = 29, 1d20+14 = 19, 1d20+14 = 19, 1d20+14 = 29, 1d20+14 = 15.

Dodges if Armor Reduced to 50%: 1d20+13 = 26, 1d20+13 = 20, 1d20+13 = 24, 1d20+13 = 19, 1d20+13 = 33, 1d20+13 = 14, 1d20+13 = 29.

Roll with Punch: 1d20+5 = 17, 1d20+5 = 11, 1d20+5 = 11, 1d20+5 = 6, 1d20+5 = 25, 1d20+5 = 13, 1d20+5 = 25.



Trask growls to himself as his sense tingles. Trask ceases his stealth and charges towards the oncoming Orcs. "To Arms! Kill the Greenskins." Trask yells as he works his old legs to cover the distance. once the Orcs are in view he takes a quick stock of what they face, moving to attack spell casters first, if none seem apparent, he attacks the nearest first.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Thorgrim » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:29 am

Perception (63%): 1d100 = 25
JiC: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 57
Initiative: 1d20+8 = 13
APM: 6

It’s too damn quiet out here... Thorgrim tells himself just as a roaring battle cry cuts the relatively quiet ambience. ”Well go figure. And of course I’ve wandered into a shite position. Can’t see a thing.”
Thorgrim scowls into the darkness before pulling back towards fox, where he should be able to see what he’s fighting.

Strategy: Holds position near fox, allowing the Kankoran to shoot unimpeded, but stepping forward to intercept any incoming attackers to him or Fox.
If no enemy makes it this close, but is tied up fighting one of his companion’s within knife throwing range (60’), Thor will momentarily pass his axe to his shield hand, and throw throwing knives at that enemy. Thor will forfeit any attack/offensive action, after his first action, in order to dodge any magical or ranged attacks.

1) Run back closer to Fox, taking up a position where he can see, and pulls magic battle axe from his belt with his right hand; hefting his shield in his left.
2) Intercept and attack foe attempting to rush him or Fox. Strike: 1d20+7 = 13 Damage: 5d6+19 = 35
3) Intercept and attack foe attempting to rush him or Fox. Strike: 1d20+7 = 25 Damage: 5d6+19 = 42
4) Intercept and attack foe attempting to rush him or Fox. Strike: 1d20+7 = 12 Damage: 5d6+19 = 32
5) Intercept and attack foe attempting to rush him or Fox. Strike: 1d20+7 = 16 Damage: 5d6+19 = 35
6) Intercept and attack foe attempting to rush him or Fox. Strike: 1d20+7 = 9 Damage: 5d6+19 = 32

Parries melee attacks with shield:
1) Parry: 1d20+13 = 26
2) Parry: 1d20+13 = 22
3) Parry: 1d20+13 = 17
4) Parry: 1d20+13 = 22
5) Parry: 1d20+13 = 16
6) Parry: 1d20+13 = 20

Attempts to roll w/ any blunt force attacks which he fails to parry:
1) Roll w/ impact: 1d20+8 = 11
2) Roll w/ impact: 1d20+8 = 19
3) Roll w/ impact: 1d20+8 = 25
4) Roll w/ impact: 1d20+8 = 16
5) Roll w/ impact: 1d20+8 = 24
6) Roll w/ impact: 1d20+8 = 14

Contingency Dodges for magic or ranged attacks:
1) Dodge: 1d20+7 = 14
2) Dodge: 1d20+7 = 17
3) Dodge: 1d20+7 = 15
4) Dodge: 1d20+7 = 16
5) Dodge: 1d20+7 = 9

Contingency Attacks (knife throws), with Thor’s throwing knives:
1) Free right hand, draw throwing knife
2) Throw knife at enemy within 60’ range: 1d20+5 = 13 Damage: 2d4+4 = 11
3) Free right hand, draw throwing knife
4) Throw knife at enemy within 60’ range: 1d20+5 = 12 Damage: 2d4+4 = 10
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 49/49
S.D.C.: 123/123
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Armor
Scale Mail: AR 15
S.D.C.: 71/125


Weapons
Large Iron Shield, Over-sized Claymore, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Augur » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:05 pm

Conditions:
Date: 5 May, 345
Time: 1906.25
Environment: Dusk; light almost gone
Location: 15 miles south-southwest Llorn


(Ambient sounds)

Fox takes cover and draws out his bow. Thorgrim rushes back to defend Fox, drawing his magic battle axe as he runs. Tolliver charges the orcs in a headlong rush into the clearing between the trees. Jakkin stows his crossbow. The group observes that all of the orcs appear to be wearing chain mail. Orc (#3) wields a battle axe which he swings at Thorgrim who parries the blow with his shield. Orc (#12) wields a huge sword which he swings at Thorgrim who parries the blow with his shield. Orc (#4) wields a pole arm which he cleaves at Tatyana who parries the strike with her sword. Orc (#5) wields a pole arm which he cleaves at Tatyana who parries the strike with her sword. Orc (#6) wields a pole arm which he cleaves at Trask who parries the blow with his shield. Orc (#7) wields a long spear which he jabs at Trask who parries the blow with his shield. Orc (#9) wields a long spear which he jabs at Trask who parries the blow with his shield. Tatyana casts Armor of Ithan to protect herself.

Fox zaps Orc (#5) with magic lightning from his bow. Thorgrim's axe swing is parried by the orc (#12). Tolliver slashes orc (#7) and draws blood. Jakkin draws his dagger. Orc (#3) swings his battle axe at Thorgrim who parries the blow with his shield. Orc (#12) swings his huge sword at Thorgrim who parries the blow with his shield. Orc (#4) cleaves his pole arm at Tatyana who parries the strike with her sword. Orc (#5) cleaves his pole arm at Tatyana who parries the strike with her sword. Orc (#6) cleaves his pole arm into Trask's shoulder, causing him to wince in pain. He can feel a small, steady rivulet of blood coursing beneath his jerkin from the cut. Orc (#7) jabs his long spear at Trask who parries the blow with his shield. Orc (#9) jabs his long spear at Trask who parries the blow with his shield. From out of nowhere, an Orc emerges (#8) to jab his long spear into Fox from behind. He feels a stabbing pain just above his right hip, and feels his blood begin to dampen his fur. Tatyana leaps at orc (#4) with a flying jump kick, but the big orc manages to effectively guide her descent to one side with his lengthy pole arm.

Fox zaps Orc (#5) with magic lightning from his bow. Thorgrim hacks at orc (#3), the edge of his axe biting deep into the orc's side and eliciting a howl of rage, pain, and a jet of blood. Tolliver's strike is parried by one of the bristling long weapons around him. He realizes he'll need to get in as close as he can, as quickly as he can, or else get support as all three of his opponents have a far greater reach than himself. Jakkin covers the distance to the nearest orc (#4) no longer bothering with stealth but relying on his stature to obscure him. Orc (#3) swings his battle axe at Thorgrim who parries the blow with his shield. Orc (#12) swings his huge sword at Thorgrim who parries the blow with his shield. Orc (#4) cleaves his pole arm at Tatyana who parries the strike with her sword. Orc (#5) cleaves his pole arm at Tatyana who parries the strike with her sword. Orc (#6) jabs his pole arm at Trask and slips past his shield, slicing the skin at his neck, just above his armored collar. Another scar, another small stream of blood. Orc (#7) jabs his long spear at Trask who parries the blow with his shield. Orc (#9) jabs his long spear at Trask who parries the blow with his shield. Orc (#8) jabs his long spear at Fox who parries the jab with his bow. Tatyana tries to be terrifying, but apparently the orcs' bloodlust is up, and so they're unimpressed.

Fox zaps Orc (#5) with magic lightning from his bow. Thorgrim follows up his previous attack with another which nearly cleave the chain mail from the orc's (#3) body. Tolliver keeps his foes off balance by switching targets and stabbing inside the defenses of a pole arm wielding orc (#6). Jakkin slashes at the hamstrings of his targeted orc (#4), easily bypassing the fellow's chainmail and cutting deep into flesh. A surprised yelp of pain is his reward. Orc (#3) swings his battle axe at Thorgrim who parries the blow with his shield. Orc (#12) swings his huge sword at Thorgrim who parries the blow with his shield. Orc (#4) cleaves his pole arm at Tatyana whose protective magic shields her from what could have been a killing blow, nevertheless, the blow staggers her with its impact, and she loses her footing momentarily. (-4 to initiative for next melee) Orc (#5) cleaves his pole arm at Tatyana who parries the strike with her sword. Orc (#6) cleaves his pole arm at Trask who parries the blow with his shield. Orc (#7) jabs his long spear at Trask who parries the blow with his shield. Orc (#9) jabs his long spear at Trask who parries the blow with his shield. Orc (#8) jabs his long spear at Fox who just manages to parry the jab with his bow.

Fox zaps Orc (#5) with magic lightning from his bow. The orc looks rather crispy after being struck so many times and looks nearly ready to fall on his feet, his balance and awareness clearly impacted by the effects of Fox's bow. Thorgrim slashes the orc (#12) with the big sword that's pressing him from his right, hacking a chuck from the orc's hip like a butcher divying up a hog for hungry customers. Tolliver's long sword finds an opening when an orc (#9) raises his spear as he maneuvers in the meadow. His sword strikes true, though the blow isn't devastating. Jakkin's orc (#4) attempts to evade him by backing up a few steps, but Jakkin's dagger finds its mark as the fellow pulls backs to a better position. His blade is wet with orc's blood.

Thorgrim attempts to bring an end to one of his injured opponents, but an orc's (#12) flashing blade manages to deflect his axe. Tolliver feints toward an orc (#7) but quickly stabs another (#9) as it falls for the feint and moves too soon. Jakkin's orc (#4) manages to bring Jakkin into his his combat arc so he can properly defend himself, but Jakkin's blade finds its mark nonetheless.

Map Reveal
Image


GM NOTE: Now that you see the numbers associated with each orc, specify your targets.

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
  • Trask: -25 S.D.C.; bleeding (-2 H.P. per minute)
  • Fox: -10 S.D.C.; bleeding (-1 H.P. per minute)
  • Tatyana: -24 to AoI, -4 to initiative next melee, -10 P.P.E.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4659
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Fox » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:15 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 66 of 35%
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 9
JIC: 1d20 = 6
JIC%: 1d100 = 1

Fox has to decide how to handle the Orc who is attacking him. Normally he would turn his full attention to that foe, but he feels that he should finish off the one he has been dealing with, thus letting Tatyana have a bit of breathing room from flank attacks. He turns his ears towards the nearby Orc, hoping that will help if he needs to defend, and begins be firing on his previous target. If that target falls, then he will aim at the closer Orc...no good time to change weapons in the middle of a fight.

Combat Stats: 5 actions a round, +6 strike with Tesla Bow (counting weapon bonus), 4d6+tesla effect damage, +4 parry, +3 dodge
Action 1: Strike 1d20+6 = 10, Damage 4d6 = 16+tesla, Parry 1d20+4 = 12 On Orc #5
Action 2: Strike 1d20+6 = 14, Damage 4d6 = 12+tesla, Parry 1d20+4 = 22 If Orc #5 is still alive, on #5, otherwise on #8
Action 3: Strike 1d20+6 = 15, Damage 4d6 = 13+tesla, Parry 1d20+4 = 8 If Orc #5 is still alive, on #5, otherwise on #8
Action 4: Strike 1d20+6 = 7, Damage 4d6 = 18+tesla, Parry 1d20+4 = 8 Orc #5 should be dead by now, so on Orc #8
Action 5: Strike 1d20+6 = 26, Damage 4d6 = 9+tesla, Parry 1d20+4 = 5 On Orc #8

Decided not to try dodging, considering how bad my dodges were last round
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Jakkin Longshanks » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:26 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 96/37%
JIC: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 59
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 21
APM: 7

Jakkin’s blood is up, in a large part due to the Orc’s blood on his blade, and his grin widens at the at the confused look on his opponent’s bestial features at the nature of the foe who is causing so much pain. Don't know what to make of that, do you now?

The Gnome draws his second dagger from its sheath on his armour, using the first to fend off any attempts of the Orc’s own to do him harm. He trades blows with it a couple of times, aiming for the big, vulnerable blood vessels in the legs and getting the measure of it, then barks a clear, high, laugh...and begins to sing.

“Heitr ertu, hripuðr,
ok heldr til mikill;
göngumk firr, funi!
loði sviðnar,
þótt ek á loft berak;
brennumk feldr fyr!”


He drives forward as he sings his Gnomish war chant, abandoning all attempts at defense as his daggers dart and flash again and again at the Orc to rip its life from its body in the shortest time possible. He has his momentum up now; at this rate he’ll roll over the rest of their opponents on his own if the others don’t hurry up.


Sing: 1d100 = 14 / 50%

Action 1: Draw Dagger
Action 2: Dagger strike at thighs: 1d20+12 = 30; 1d4+3 = 6+1d6+7 = 8 = 14
Action 3: Dagger strike at thighs: 1d20+12 = 32 Nat 20!; 1d4+3 = 4+1d6+7 = 11 = 30
Action 4: Dual Dagger strike: 1d20+12 = 17; 1d4+3 = 6+1d6+7 = 9/ 1d4+3 = 5+1d6+7 = 13 = 33
Action 5: Dual Dagger strike: 1d20+12 = 13 Nat 1!; 1d4+3 = 4+1d6+7 = 9/ 1d4+3 = 4+1d6+7 = 8
Action 6: Dual Dagger strike: 1d20+12 = 19; 1d4+3 = 5+1d6+7 = 12/ 1d4+3 = 7+1d6+7 = 10 = 34
Action 7: Dual Dagger strike: 1d20+12 = 32 Nat 20!; 1d4+3 = 5+1d6+7 = 13/ 1d4+3 = 7+1d6+7 = 12 = 74

Contingencies: If Orc4 goes down for the count, move to the point directly behind/between Orc3 and Orc12 and continue above attack sequence upon whichever one is still standing, 3 first, then 12. If a weapon is fumbled or otherwise lost, return to single attacks and auto-parries accordingly.

Automatic Parries (Suitable for his first three APM): 1d20+13 = 22, 1d20+13 = 20, 1d20+13 = 31, 1d20+13 = 23, 1d20+13 = 17, 1d20+13 = 17, 1d20+13 = 15
Jakkin Longshanks
Nightvision: 90'
Locate & disarm underground traps: 20%
Detect Ambush 55%
H.P. 39/15, S.D.C. 89/0, P.P.E. 10/10
49' move per action (currently 24.5')
Janissary Brigandine Load Bearing Armor: A.R.: 11, S.D.C.: 95
-1 Initiative
-50% S.P.D.
-10% Skills
Bleeding 5 H.P./min
User avatar
Jakkin Longshanks
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:39 pm
Location: Palladium Fantasy

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Thorgrim » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:01 am

Perception (63%): 1d100 = 72
JiC: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 74
Initiative: 1d20+7 = 16
APM: 6

Language: Gobblely (68%): 1d100 = 15
Thorgrim barks loud enough in gobblely for all the Orcs to hear him as he hacks apart their monstrous flesh, ”Challenge me, whelps! Is this the best you’ve got!? None of you can match my strength!” Focus, Thor! You cocky SOB. So far, so good, but you’ll lapse into a rage of your own if you’re not careful.

Strategy: Continues same strategy from last melee round, with priority of attacks going to Orcs: #3, then #12, then #8. He will move from one target to the next, after he has determined that his current foe has been incapacitated and is ‘out of the fight’. When finally transitioning to Orc #8, Thor will ensure he forces his position to be in between the Orc and Fox. Thor will forfeit any attack/offensive action, in order to dodge any magical or ranged attacks; otherwise he parries using his shield.

1) Attack Orc (#3 -> #12 -> #8) Strike: 1d20+7 = 24 Damage: 5d6+19 = 25
2) Attack Orc (#3 -> #12 -> #8) Strike: 1d20+7 = 19 Damage: 5d6+19 = 30
3) Attack Orc (#3 -> #12 -> #8) Strike: 1d20+7 = 16 Damage: 5d6+19 = 35
4) Attack Orc (#3 -> #12 -> #8) Strike: 1d20+7 = 15 Damage: 5d6+19 = 43
5) Attack Orc (#3 -> #12 -> #8) Strike: 1d20+7 = 10 Damage: 5d6+19 = 30
6) Attack Orc (#3 -> #12 -> #8) Strike: 1d20+7 = 18 Damage: 5d6+19 = 31

Parries melee attacks with shield:
1) Parry: 1d20+13 = 31
2) Parry: 1d20+13 = 15
3) Parry: 1d20+13 = 14
4) Parry: 1d20+13 = 17
5) Parry: 1d20+13 = 27
6) Parry: 1d20+13 = 14

Attempts to roll w/ any blunt force attacks which he fails to parry:
1) Roll w/ impact: 1d20+8 = 18
2) Roll w/ impact: 1d20+8 = 25
3) Roll w/ impact: 1d20+8 = 16
4) Roll w/ impact: 1d20+8 = 27
5) Roll w/ impact: 1d20+8 = 18
6) Roll w/ impact: 1d20+8 = 21

Contingency Dodges for magic or ranged attacks:
1) Dodge: 1d20+7 = 9
2) Dodge: 1d20+7 = 15
3) Dodge: 1d20+7 = 12
4) Dodge: 1d20+7 = 16
5) Dodge: 1d20+7 = 11
6) Dodge: 1d20+7 = 14
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 49/49
S.D.C.: 123/123
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Armor
Scale Mail: AR 15
S.D.C.: 71/125


Weapons
Large Iron Shield, Over-sized Claymore, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Tolliver Trask » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:27 am

Perception: 1d100 = 2/59%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 73
Conditions: Immune to Fire, Resistant to cold, Bleeding: -2 HP per minute


P.P.E.: 10/10 I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39 S.D.C.: 71/46
Mjorgullan Mail A.R.: 12 S.D.C.: 40/40
Soupcon S.D.C.: 25/25
Tower Shield of the Hex • Indestructible


Language: Gobbely 1d100 = 62/60% (To yell at the orc in his native tongue.)




Initiative: 1d20+5 = 21
Number of Attacks: 7

Action One: Activate Nightvision (2 I.S.P.; Range: 600'; Duration: 50 minutes)
Action Two: Stab Orc #9 with Dwarven Longsword. (Strike: 1d20+10 = 27; Damage: 3d6+11 = 20)
Action Three: Stab Orc #9 with Dwarven Longsword. (Strike: 1d20+10 = 26; Damage: 3d6+11 = 25)
Action Four: Stab Orc #9 with Dwarven Longsword. (Strike: 1d20+10 = 12; Damage: 3d6+11 = 23)
Action Five: Stab Orc #9 with Dwarven Longsword. (Strike: 1d20+10 = 19; Damage: 3d6+11 = 24)
Action Six: Stab Orc #9 with Dwarven Longsword. (Strike: 1d20+10 = 19; Damage: 3d6+11 = 19)
Action Seven: Stab Orc #9 with Dwarven Longsword. (Strike: 1d20+10 = 16; Damage: 3d6+11 = 21)

Parries with Shield: 1d20+10 = 11, 1d20+10 = 16, 1d20+10 = 15, 1d20+10 = 15, 1d20+10 = 17, 1d20+10 = 23, 1d20+10 = 13.
Dodges versus stuff that can't be parried: 1d20+10 = 12, 1d20+10 = 28, 1d20+10 = 17, 1d20+10 = 23, 1d20+10 = 21, 1d20+10 = 30.
Roll with: 1d20+5 = 7, 1d20+5 = 19, 1d20+5 = 21, 1d20+5 = 7, 1d20+5 = 12, 1d20+5 = 12, 1d20+5 = 8.



Trask isn't pleased with his wound, but doesn't have time to worry about it. Trask concentrates on the darkness for a moment enhancing his sight in the dark, before concentrating his attacks on one of the orks. Trask uses sword skills he has developed over a very long mercenary career. [In Gobbely]"Die, forgotten Orc Scum. Utu consume your soul."
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Tatyana Singh » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:43 am

Perception: (57%) 1d100 = 80
JIC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 76
Initiative: 1d20-3 = 0
APM: 6

Conditions: Keen hearing, equal to a canine, excellent sense of smell.
Armor of Ithan 140-24=116 S.D.C

Tatyana is decidedly pissed off at continuously defending herself. She has had enough of this Orc in front of her and his damn pole arm (Orc #4). Let's kill this ugly thing this time., She says to herself and so turns her mighty Flamberge to the task of destroying the creature. The Monster Hunter will continue until it's dead, then turn her attention to the Orc behind her (Orc #5). She's mad but not stupid, she will still attempt to parry, dodge any attacks and even roll with any hits that reach her.

Action 1: Attack Orc #4 Strike: 1d20+6 = 20, Damage: 4d6+11 = 22
Action 2: Attack Orc #4or5 Strike: 1d20+6 = 20, Damage: 4d6+11 = 22
Action 3: Attack Orc #4or5 Strike: 1d20+6 = 17, Damage: 4d6+11 = 26
Action 4: Attack Orc #4or5 Strike: 1d20+6 = 26 (Nat 20!), Damage: 4d6+11 = 27 X 2 = 54
Action 5: Attack Orc #4or5 Strike: 1d20+6 = 16, Damage: 4d6+11 = 25
Action 6: Attack Orc #4or5 Strike: 1d20+6 = 16, Damage: 4d6+11 = 22

Parries with Sword as needed: 1d20+7 = 20, 1d20+7 = 24, 1d20+7 = 17, 1d20+7 = 16, 1d20+7 = 25, 1d20+7 = 11

Dodges as needed: 1d20+7 = 24, 1d20+7 = 27(Nat 20!), 1d20+7 = 26, 1d20+7 = 27(Nat 20!), 1d20+7 = 14, 1d20+7 = 23

Roll with as needed: 1d20+3 = 17, 1d20+3 = 5, 1d20+3 = 16, 1d20+3 = 17, 1d20+3 = 17, 1d20+3 = 11
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 36/36
SDC: 53/53
PPE: 127/107
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: Southern United Kingdom

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Augur » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:14 pm

Conditions:
Date: 5 May, 345
Time: 1906.5
Environment: Dusk; light almost gone
Location: 15 miles south-southwest Llorn


(Ambient sounds)

Jakkin hastily draws another dagger. Trask wills his mind to greater focus the vanishing light. Thorgrim swings his savage axe at an orc (#3) and delivers a terrible blow. Pale green skin, blood, and fragments of bone shower the area, but the orc is remarkably still on his feet. Orc (#3) is parried by Thorgrim, Orc (#4) is parried by Jakkin, Orc (#5) is parried by Tatyana, and Orcs (#6 & 7) both deliver devastating blows to Trask due to him being grossly outnumbered. Orc (#8) draws more blood from Fox with a timely jab from the orc's long spear. Trask parries another blow from orc (#9) with his impressive shield. Orc (#12) lands a mighty blow from his claymore along Thorgrim's side, drawing blood for the first time against the fearsome barbarian. Fox slays orc (#5) with a final show from his magic bow even as Tatyana slays orc (#4) with a powerful blow of her own.

Jakkin rushes a short distance from his fallen enemies, turning his back to the inclined slope, and races to stab an orc (#3) in the back of his hamstrings. The orc is doubled over from a recent blow, however, and the twin daggers plunge deep into the orc's kidneys, killing it on the spot with a shrieking death rattle. Trask stabs orc (#9) with his dwarven long sword, skewering the warrrior who'd so recently skewered him. Thorgrim nearly fells orc (#12) with a mighty hack from his battle axe, but orcs are tough opponents who are largely unafraid of death when working in groups like this, and so his adversary stands ready to meet his death standing. Trask parries a series of strikes from orcs (#6, #7, & #9) with his shield, while across the clearing orc (#8) clumsily fumbles his long spear in an apparent attempt to skewer Fox once more. Thorgrim parries another strike from orc (#12) while Fox fuses some chain mail into slag and stuns the orc (#8) who just dropped his weapon. Tatyana, seeing that her initial opponents (#4 & #5) have been dispatched, lands a blow on the one closest, who happens to be facing down Thorgrim. The anticipation of death is already writ upon the orc's (#12) face when Tatyana strikes him down. A look of surprise covers his visage as the blow had not come from Thorgrim.

Jakkin, seeing the cluster of dead orcs at his feet, dashes across the fire-lit campsite at an orc (#8) who's reaching to reclaim his spear. He plunges his daggers into the orc's body and it jumps back, weapon in its hands, with pain and sudden shock. Trask moves to stab an orc (#9) with his long sword, but the orc manages to disarm him in parrying the thrust of his blade. Thorgrim turns completely around to lend Fox assistance with his own adversary (180° facing changes cost 1 APM) to see that somehow (because it's dark perhaps?) Jakkin has already raced to Fox's aide and begun to stab the orc mercilessly. A bemused and sincerely entertained smile sweeps across the barbarian's face. A number of orcs suddenly emerge atop the hillside before Tatyana who has the presence of mind to parry a pair of battle axes aimed for her furry head by two of the orcs (#1 & #2). Trask manages to parry another pole arm strike from an orc (#6) with his shield as he moves for his lost sword, and an orc (#7) finds this an opportune time for a strike of its own. Trask winces from the pain of the spear point being trust into his ribs and realizes he's certainly in desperate straits when another orc (#9) spears him in the leg. The orcs (#10 &#11) atop the elevated slope nail Tatyana's magical protection with two arrows. Fox turns around to face his orcish adversary as well and has his bow knocked from his hands by the deftly moving spear point. Jakkin takes an arrow through the back of his thigh. He sees the arrow appear as if by magic buried up to the shaft in the ground in front of him. His blood stains the fletching. Tatyana slashes the orc (#1) before her with her sword.

Jakkin drives his daggers home once more into the flesh of the orc (#8) before him. Trask, bloodied and aching across practically his entire chest, retrieves his sword. Thorgrim attacks orc (#8) but his blow is parried by a flick of the orc's long spear. An orc (#1) smashes his battle axe into Tatyana magical protection while she parries a similar blow from another orc (#2). Trask parries strikes from two of the orcs (#7 & #9), but the third lands a blow with his polearm which draws yet more blood and vigor from the old soldier. The realization that this simple skirmish could be where he dies fills him with a keen sense of disappointment and dread. Thorgrim takes two arrows along his rear right side. He can begin to feel blood oozing down his hip from one of the barbed head which buried itself in his side. The other arrow's impact was deflected by his armor, damaging only his suit. Fox retrieves his bow. A big orc atop the hillside lets loose an arrow from a big bow he has in hand, plunging another arrow into Thorgrim's side, on the orc's side is a large sword.
Image
Tatyana decapitates an orc (#1) with a backhand swing of her sword, sending the orc's body and head tumbling into a mass near her feet.

Jakkin moves in to deliver the coup de grace to the injured orc (#8) but stumbles over Thorgrim's feet which are suddenly in the way, and manages to stab himself in his abdomen with both his daggers. His bowels suddenly feel as if they're made of liquid fire. Trask's next sword swipe is parried by the orc (#9) he's facing. Thorgrim swings his battle axe for the neck of the orc (#8), but instead of a lovely decapitation, he's rewarded instead by Rock's Axe slipping from his blood-slick hands and sailing into the dark forest around him and utterly out of sight. Fox plucks lightning from his bowstrings once again and fells another orc (#8) with the electric blow. The big orc attempts to shoot Tatyana twice more, but the arrows fail to penetrate the protective spell. Tatyana whirls on orc (#2) to follow one decapitation with another, but is dismayed when her own gore-streaked paws let slip the flamberge as it's deflected and the weapon sails up the hillside to rest beside the big orc. Trask finally manages to stab through the heart the spear-armed orc (#9) on his left with his own long sword. It falls soundlessly, dead before its head meets the grass. Trask stabs orc (#6) with his dwarven long sword, scoring a good hit, but the resilient fellow seems to shake it off with merely a grunt.

Map Reveal
Image


GM NOTES:
  • Now that you see the numbers associated with each orc, specify your targets.
  • Jakkin, Thorgrim, and Tatyana begin the next melee with one extra action.
  • Orcs remaining: Chieftain, 2, 6, 7, 10, and 11


What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
  • Trask: -71 S.D.C., -30 H.P.; injured chest (-1 to initiative, -1 to strike, parry, dodge, -10% to skills); bleeding (-9 H.P. per minute); -2 I.S.P.
  • Fox: -28 S.D.C.; bleeding (-2 H.P. per minute)
  • Tatyana: -77 to AoI, -10 P.P.E.
  • Jakkin: -45 S.D.C.; injured leg (-50% to speed; -1 to initiative, -10% to skills); bleeding (-3 H.P. per minute)
  • Thorgrim: -13 S.D.C. to Scale Mail; -47 S.D.C.; bleeding (-4 H.P. per minute); Rock's Axe is missing.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4659
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Fox » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:08 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 18 of 35%
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 18
JIC: 1d20 = 7
JIC%: 1d100 = 41

The fight was tough, using bows while in Melee is not the best option, but it did do the job.

Fox ignores his minor hurts, it takes too long to use his psychic powers while in combat. He will heal himself after the enemy is dealt with, then heal anyone else who needs it as well.

In the meantime, he has a look around. He sees Tatyana still in combat with one Orc, he sees motion off in the distance where Trask went, though it is too far away to see clearly. He also sees three new Orcs coming in from Northeast, under the circumstances those three are probably the most immediate threat.

The one furthest south seems a good place to start, firing that way may also distract the one fighting Tatyana, as it will pass close behind them. (Aiming at Orc Chieftain)

Combat Stats: 5 actions a round, +6 strike with Tesla Bow (counting weapon bonus), 4d6+tesla effect damage, +4 parry, +3 dodge
Round 1: Strike 1d20+6 = 10, damage 4d6 = 18+tesla effect, Parry if needed 1d20+4 = 16
Round 2: Strike 1d20+6 = 14, damage 4d6 = 13+tesla effect, Parry if needed 1d20+4 = 14
Round 3: Strike 1d20+6 = 10, damage 4d6 = 10+tesla effect, Parry if needed 1d20+4 = 23
Round 4: Strike 1d20+6 = 17, damage 4d6 = 8+tesla effect, Parry if needed 1d20+4 = 13
Round 5: Strike 1d20+6 = 13, damage 4d6 = 8+tesla effect, Parry if needed 1d20+4 = 5

If necessary, drop last action to dodge enemy ranged attack 1d20+3 = 13
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Tolliver Trask » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:39 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 46/49% (due to penalties)
Just in Case: 1d20 = 19; 1d100 = 88
Conditions: Immune to Fire, Resistant to Cold, Sixth Sense (Inactive), Nightvision (Range: 600'; Duration: 00:49:45 minutes), injured chest (-1 to initiative, -1 to strike, parry, dodge, -10% to skills); bleeding (-9 H.P. per minute)




P.P.E.: 10/10 I.S.P.: 38/36
H.P.: 39/9 S.D.C.: 71/0
Mjorgullan Mail A.R.: 12 S.D.C.: 40/40
Soupcon S.D.C.: 25/25
Tower Shield of the Hex • Indestructible



Initiative: 1d20+4 = 22
Number of Attacks: 7

Action One-Seven: Disengage and move towards the group. (51' per action)

Contingencies
Once Trask has made it to the group, Trask will move to keep the burning tents between himself and enemy attackers.
Action ?: Perform First Aid on himself. (EP Crit Success)

Dodge: 7 EP Crit Successes. (+8 Dodge bonus)



Trask curses himself for making an obviously rookie mistake and wonders to himself why he went the way he did when he intended to join the others fighting to the north of him. Trask also makes his way back being totally defensive to join the others hoping maybe they will fight the two remaining orcs he had encountered. Once Trask has put the burning tents between himself and the fighting , he will quickly try and bind his wounds so that he survives the next few minutes.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Jakkin Longshanks » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:55 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 50/27%
JIC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 29
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 11
APM: 7(+1)

The pain in Jakkin's calf burns, and it doesn't take more than a moment to realise the source.

"Archer!" he calls, warning those who might not yet have noticed in the chaos of the battle. What burns far worse is the pain in his guts; not so much from the injury, as the cause of it. Ill luck indeed, falling into his own weapons like an unblooded youth.

With the majority of the Orcs in the immediate vicinity down or damaged, Jakkin is about to reply to the fancy Orc's arrows when he spies Trask's plight. Not on my watch, old man!

"Take down that archer!" Jakkin bellows before turning his attention southward. "Daonnan Dìleas!" he cries, one of the spoken mottos of the Red Brigade, and begins an uncomfortable, lurching run towards Trask on his injured leg. He wonders if he wouldn't be better off swapping daggers for bow, but sees that Trask is sensibly falling back before superior foes; it seems that daggers are still the order of the day.

To ensure he has their attention, he continues his song as he closes the distance to the Orcs, bulling through the distraction of the pain of his injuries.

“Átta nætr sat ek
milli elda hér,
svá at mér manngi
mat né bauð
nema einn Agnarr,
er einn skal ráða,
Geirröðar sonr,
Gotna landi!”


One of his daggers flicks out as he closes with the Orcs, seeking blood and proving a credible threat, but after that he seeks to merely hold their attention and turn their blades away from him until he can be reinforced by one of the others.

Sing: 1d100 = 63 / 40%

Action 1: Move south to intercept Orcs there.
Action 2: Dagger strike at Orc7: 1d20+12 = 15; 1d4+3 = 7+1d6+7 = 10
Action 3: Dual parries: 1d20+13 = 29, 1d20+13 = 18
Action 4: Dual parries: 1d20+13 = 33 Nat 20!, 1d20+13 = 21
Action 5: Dual parries: 1d20+13 = 17, 1d20+13 = 24
Action 6: Dual parries: 1d20+13 = 27, 1d20+13 = 14
Action 7: Reserved for Dodge
Action 8: Reserved for Dodge

Contingencies: If only one Orc stops to fight, substitute first parry roll of actions 3-6 as an attack roll (at +12 instead of +13), second roll as an automatic parry as necessary. If none stop, he'll pursue and attack from behind as above. If one or more allies also close to attack, substitute in attacks as above.

Automatic Parries: 1d20+13 = 32
Jakkin Longshanks
Nightvision: 90'
Locate & disarm underground traps: 20%
Detect Ambush 55%
H.P. 39/15, S.D.C. 89/0, P.P.E. 10/10
49' move per action (currently 24.5')
Janissary Brigandine Load Bearing Armor: A.R.: 11, S.D.C.: 95
-1 Initiative
-50% S.P.D.
-10% Skills
Bleeding 5 H.P./min
User avatar
Jakkin Longshanks
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:39 pm
Location: Palladium Fantasy

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Tatyana Singh » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:44 pm

Perception: (57%) 1d100 = 17
JIC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 34
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 12
APM: 6+1(Temp)=7

Conditions: Keen hearing, equal to a canine, excellent sense of smell.

The Monster Hunter is in her element as Orcs begin to fall at her feet, she gives Thorgrim a quick nod and calls out teasingly, "That's two for me." and engages another Orc. She notices more Orcs appear on the hilltop and shouts, "More on the hill!" With the sudden tell-tale sound of arrows nailing her magical armor, Tatyana adds, "They're archers!" The fight continues and then suddenly Tatyana, and if she didn't know better the Orc in front of her, watches as her mighty sword goes flying out of her hands and well out of range.
The Wolfen focuses on the Orc and immediately launches herself into the air to land a devastating jump kick on the ugly beast. Afterwards, she will move back toward Fox and Thorgrim, doing her best to keep the Orc between herself and the archers on the hill, shouting, "Fox, a little help here." she will still attempt to dodge any attacks and roll with any hits.
IF Orc #2 dies from the jump kick or Fox kills him then Tatyana will mutter a quick incantation (Fireball) and hurl it at the large Orc on the far right of the hilltop, she will then bolt for the trees at the bottom of the slope for protection.

Action 1: Jump Kick Attack Orc #2 Strike: 1d20+6 = 19, Damage: 6d6+7 = 30 x 2 = 60
Action 2: Forfeit
Action 3: Forfeit
Action 4: Forfeit
Action 5: Forfeit
Action 6: Move back toward Fox and Thorgrim
Action 7: Move back toward Fox and Thorgrim

Contingencies:
Action 6: Cast 'Fireball' at Orc Chieftain on hill (-10 P.P.E.), Damage: 5d6 = 22
Action 7: Run behind the trees by dead Orc #4

Dodge as needed: 1d20+7 = 8, 1d20+7 = 9, 1d20+7 = 17, 1d20+7 = 12, 1d20+7 = 12, 1d20+7 = 24, 1d20+7 = 22

Roll with as needed: 1d20+3 = 21, 1d20+3 = 9, 1d20+3 = 21, 1d20+3 = 10, 1d20+3 = 20, 1d20+3 = 17, 1d20+3 = 13
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 36/36
SDC: 53/53
PPE: 127/107
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: Southern United Kingdom

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Thorgrim » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:01 pm

Perception (63%): 1d100 = 21
JiC: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 64
Initiative: 1d20+7 = 26
APM: 8
Conditions: Bleeding. Berserker Fury.

Thorgrim later rolls his eyes at Tatyana’s comment, ”How many more will you fell without your flamberge!? Help Trask where you can!”
The bleeding, armored barbarian turns his attention to the fresh Orcs on the hill. That sunnofabitch’s arrows is ruining my armor! His anger flares, at the surprise assault from the three newly presented Orcs. Thorgrim snarls up at them in Gobblely with mocking defiance, ”Cowards! You would toss your toothpicks at me from a hill in the dark!? Do you fear this man so much!? Now you primitive apes will have to face my BOOMSTICK!” I will not die here without glory! Thor’s anger washes away, surpassed by a tsunami of fury as he rushes to end the monstrous foes. His heart now pounds like a war drum. His senses now clear and free of the distractions of pain and fatigue.
Language: Gobblely (68%): 1d100 = 49

Strategy: Thor attacks the Orcs on the hill, not waiting for them to pick apart their party one by one. He will attack them in the order of the Chieftan, then #10, and finally #11 (...if a miracle happens this round, Thor will then turn to clean up #2 before working on explodifying #6, and then #7.)
Thor tries to position the Chieftan between himself and Orcs #10 & #11, trying not to get flanked and allowing for clearer shots for Fox to make.
Contingencies: Thor will use his Thunder Club and Shield as Paired Weapons in a dual attacks, in order to inflict more damage; only if there is no need for him to parry (i.e. enemy is out of actions, enemy attacking targets other than Thor, etc). To be clear, parrying still takes precedence over a dual attack. Thor will now attempt to parry any attacks (no longer able to dodge). If he looses his Club in a crit failure, he’ll draw one of his knives for attacks, and continue to parry with his shield.

1) Rushes the Orcs Chieftan (77.5 ft/action), and draws out his Thunder Club in his right hand.
2) Attack Orcs (Chieftan -> #10 -> #11) Strike: 1d20+11 = 22. Damage: 5d4+27 = 39
3) Attack Orcs (Chieftan -> #10 -> #11) Strike: 1d20+11 = 19. Damage: 5d4+27 = 43
4) Attack Orcs (Chieftan -> #10 -> #11) Strike: 1d20+11 = 22. Damage: 5d4+27 = 36
5) Attack Orcs (Chieftan -> #10 -> #11) Strike: 1d20+11 = 21. Damage: 5d4+27 = 42
6) Attack Orcs (Chieftan -> #10 -> #11) Strike: 1d20+11 = 24. Damage: 5d4+27 = 40
7) Attack Orcs (Chieftan -> #10 -> #11) Strike: 1d20+11 = 27. Damage: 5d4+27 = 35
8 ) Attack Orcs (Chieftan -> #10 -> #11) Strike: 1d20+11 = 25. Damage: 5d4+27 = 36

Parries w/ shield:
1) Parry: 1d20+10 = 21
2) Parry: 1d20+10 = 19
3) Parry: 1d20+10 = 15
4) Parry: 1d20+10 = 19
5) Parry: 1d20+10 = 22
6) Parry: 1d20+10 = 13
7) Parry: 1d20+10 = 11
8 ) Parry: 1d20+10 = 19

Contingency Dual Strikes if he has a free action left (...which is not needed to be reserved for parrying):
1) Strike: 1d20+12 = 13. Club damage: 5d4+27 = 37. Shield damage: 2d4+24 = 27
2) Strike: 1d20+12 = 30. Club damage: 5d4+27 = 40. Shield damage: 2d4+24 = 30
3) Strike: 1d20+12 = 26. Club damage: 5d4+27 = 39. Shield damage: 2d4+24 = 29
4) Strike: 1d20+12 = 28. Club damage: 5d4+27 = 37. Shield damage: 2d4+24 = 29
5) Strike: 1d20+12 = 27. Club damage: 5d4+27 = 41. Shield damage: 2d4+24 = 31
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 49/49
S.D.C.: 123/123
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Armor
Scale Mail: AR 15
S.D.C.: 71/125


Weapons
Large Iron Shield, Over-sized Claymore, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Augur » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:52 am

Conditions:
Date: 5 May, 345
Time: 1906.75
Environment: Dusk; light almost gone
Location: 15 miles south-southwest Llorn


(Ambient sounds)

Thorgrim turns around to face the hillside, calling out to nearby Tatyana, "How many more will you fell without your flamberge? Help Trask where you can!" Trask withdraws from his losing melee, turning around with a juke to avoid a likely fatal blow from behind. Fox cannot yet see the figures to the south, but can hear them fighting. He prepares himself and readies his bow. Tatyana gives Thorgrim a quick nod and calls out teasingly "That's two for me," then leaps at the nearest orc (#2). Jakkin limps south to intercept the onrushing pair of orcs, calling out "Take down that archer!" Jakkin bellows as he surges south. The orc chieftain plinks Tatyana's magical bubble with an arrow as the orc (#2) nearest her cleaves his battle axe across it. The protective spell still holds, but it's shimmering as though ready to collapse. The orcs (#6 & #7) rush after Trask with hastily swung weapons, but cleave only air. Within one hot, panting breath, they're within kicking distance of Jakkin who's rushed to meet them. Another pair of arrows from the hilltop fall on Tatyana's spell protection like rain.

Thorgrim rushes across the gore-slick grass and red mud of the campsite, and up the hill for the orc chieftain, drawing his thunder club with his free hand as he runs. Trask dashes for the best cover he can think of: between the burning tents and the wagon. Fox sights the orcs as they charge into view after a retreating Trask, zapping the armor of one of the orc's (#7) as it charges. Tatyana crashes down upon the orc (#2) with savage fury, nearly felling the orc with her one attack. "More on the hill--they're archers!" she yells after landing. Jakkin yells "Daonnan Dìleas!" as he strikes at an orc (#7), but the orc's long spear intercepts his dagger, nearly dislodging the weapon from Jakkin's blood-soaked fist. The orc chieftain drops his bow and grabs his huge sword. The orc (#2) just attacked by Tatyana scrambles back to its feet. The orcs (#6 & #7) confronting Jakkin swing their long weapons. Jakkin recognizes the weapons. One is skillfully using a long spear as best he can in a tight melee, and the other is trying to use his berdiche under the same, less than optimal circumstances. The orc with the long spear (#7) lets his weapon slip and clatter to the ground while the orc with the pole arm bypasses Jakkin's defenses and hacks horribly into Jakkin's shoulder with the heavy, bladed end of the berdiche. The orcs (#10 & #11) on the hillside turn at Thorgrim's charge toward the chieftain, take a few steps back, and loose their arrows upon him. The arrowheads shatter against his scale mail, leaving him unharmed within.

Thorgrim attacks the orc chieftain with his thunder club, but the chieftain manages to parry the club with his massive sword in the nick of time. Trask dives for cover between the wagon and the burning tents and begins trying to staunch the blood flow from his multiple injuries. Fox zaps and burns the armor of the same orc yet again. The orc chieftain hefts his over-sized claymore, but Thorgrim parries the skillful blow in a classic parry with his shield. The orc (#2) so recently returned to its feet turns tail and runs for the forest. The orc who dropped his spear (#7), grabs it hurriedly from the ground while the other (#6) smashes Jakkin once more with his berdiche. The blow is so terrible that Jakkin is sent flying into the brush at the base of a nearby tree and collapses in a heap, looking for all the world like he's dead. The orcs (#10 & #11) on the hillside both pluck arrows into Tatyana's protective spell which wink outs of existence after the last impact.

Thorgrim attacks the orc chieftain with his thunder club, but the chieftain manages to once again parry the club with his massive sword. Fox zaps an orc (#7) in an unarmored thigh, singing flesh and stunning the bastard. The orc chieftain rages against Thorgrim and manages to land a terrible blow along Thorgrim's midsection. Thorgrim's fairly certain he just narrowly avoided being gutted like livestock. The orcs (#6 & #7) who just smashed Jakkin aside, bear down on Fox in a terrifying charge, the stabbing ends of their spear and berdiche directed at him. Fox almost casually parries their outstretched weapons with deflections from his magic bow. The orcs (#10 & #11) on the hillside return their focus to Thorgrim once more, one arrow shattering on his scale mail, the other burying itself into the side of his left buttock.

Thorgrim returns the orc chieftain's savagery ounce for ounce, smashing bone and pulverizing orcish flesh with his club. Fox once again strikes the armor of the orc (#7) with his bow-cast lightning.
Tatyana moves a dozen feet to the east and hops atop a small wagon to guard Fox's back from the hilltop archers. The orc chieftain uncharacteristically uses his huge claymore to stab into Thorgrim's chest, tearing flesh and just missing vital organs by sheer luck. Thorgrim returns the orc chieftain's savagery ounce for ounce, pulverizing the orc's breastbone with his club. Tatyana begins chanting an offensive incantation. (Fireball is a sixth level invocation which means it costs two actions to cast) The over-sized claymore slips from the orc chieftain's blood-soaked hands as he raises it above his head to cleave Thorgrim in twain. Thorgrim attacks the orc chieftain with his thunder club, but the chieftain manages to once again parry the club by getting within the arc of his arm and deflecting the blow. As the fireball manifests before her, Tatyana releases the invocation at the orc chieftain on the hill. It physically impacts Thorgrim in the back as her line of sight is totally obstructed by Thorgrim's hulking frame. Luckily for Thorgrim, his back is protected by scale mail, and other than being heavily singed, he's unharmed. Thorgrim heaves another massive attack against the orc chieftain with his thunder club, smashing in his skull with a terrible downward blow. The body of the orc chieftain topples over like a felled tree.

GM NOTES:
  • Now that you see the numbers associated with each orc, specify your targets.
  • Orcs remaining: 2, 6, 7, 10, and 11
  • Trask only used 3 EP crit successes. Please modify your transaction post. Trask will be occupied bandaging his wounds next melee given their number.
  • I'm trying something new. I've PM'd each of your characters his own map.


What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
  • Trask: -71 S.D.C., -30 H.P.; injured chest (-1 to initiative, -1 to strike, parry, dodge, -10% to skills); -2 I.S.P.
  • Fox: -28 S.D.C.; bleeding (-2 H.P. per minute)
  • Tatyana: AoI popped, -20 P.P.E.
  • Jakkin: -all S.D.C., -24 H.P.; injured leg (-50% to speed; -1 to initiative, -10% to skills); bleeding (-5 H.P. per minute)
  • Thorgrim: -54 S.D.C. to Scale Mail; -All S.D.C., -3 H.P.; bleeding (-7 H.P. per minute); Rock's Axe is missing.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4659
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Fox » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:11 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 99 of 35%
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 12
JIC: 1d20 = 2
JIC%: 1d100 = 71

Fox was aiming for the Chieftain when his keen hearing warned of enemies closing from behind. Quickly, he turned and fired on the closest one, a bow may not be the best weapon for melee, but it is what he has in his hand. Fortunately this bow was made of tough metal, not the normal wood or bone, or the weapons it was parrying might well have destroyed it.

Fox suggests in Eastern, "Tat, grab a dropped one." Hopefully the Orcs can not figure out what he means and the Wolfen can...There are a number of dead orcs almost literally underfoot, they are bound to have weapons on their bodies. Tatyana can pick up and use a dropped Orc weapon faster than looking for her own.

Unfortunately, with a fire behind him, Tatyana to his left, and Trask to his right, he really has no place to retreat to. He will have to keep fighting.

He comments in Gobbley, "You Orcs need to learn why no one messes with a Healer...aside from the fact that you get banned from being healed anywhere if it is found out."

He pulls his bow and releases a shot at the OTHER Orc (#6), the one he hit already (#7) will be slowed and he wants to do the same to the the second Orc he is fighting. Once he hits that Orc at least once, he turns his fire back against the one he damaged already.

Combat Stats: 5 actions a round, +6 strike with Tesla Bow (counting weapon bonus), 4d6+tesla effect damage, +4 parry, +3 dodge
Round #1: Strike 1d20+6 = 9, Damage 4d6 = 11+Tesla effect, Parry 1d20+4 = 22 vs #6
Round #2: Strike 1d20+6 = 24, Damage 4d6 = 14+Tesla effect, Parry 1d20+4 = 6 If #6 was hit, then vs #7
Round #3: Strike 1d20+6 = 15, Damage 4d6 = 17+Tesla effect, Parry 1d20+4 = 9 vs #7
Round #4: Strike 1d20+6 = 17, Damage 4d6 = 13+Tesla effect, Parry 1d20+4 = 23 vs #7
Round #5: Strike 1d20+6 = 14, Damage 4d6 = 10+Tesla effect, Parry 1d20+4 = 13 if #7 fell vs #6, overwise vs #7

No Dodges this round, hard to dodge effectively when boxed in. Extra Parries if needed: 1d20+4 = 15, 1d20+4 = 15, 1d20+4 = 11, 1d20+4 = 11, 1d20+4 = 24
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Jakkin Longshanks » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:22 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 72/37%
JIC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 87
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 20
APM: 7

Jakkin is exposed to the skilled warrior's worst nightmare; not a more skilled warrior, but a rank and raw one who through ignorance will do the stupidest things that one couldn't possibly anticipate. He never considered the Orc might unleash a massive, overhand blow that left him wide open, and thus is caught by the rash move. And stunned enough by the blow that he isn't able to intercept the follow-up—

Pain. That's the first thing that comes back, followed closely by the rush of sound replacing the ringing in his ears. He's down, slumped against a tree, no idea where his daggers are, and bleeding like a stuck pig. If this is it, it will be an ignoble end indeed.

Good thing I refuse for this to be it.

Wiping blood-soaked hands on the grass, he pulls free his crossbow and takes sight on one of the Orcs just visible around the edge of the tree trunk. Targeting the centre of mass, he waits for his moment before pulling the trigger, sending the alchemist's bolt streaking across the clearing. The ingenious magazine feeds another bolt into the slot, and he repeats the process with the Orc's neighbour.

He doesn’t have a whole lot left in him, but if these ugly bastards think he's going to be easy prey to just skewer and move on...well, he'll show them a surprise or two.


Action 1: Draw crossbow.
Action 2: Precision Sharpshooting (AT Aimed Shot) at Orc 10: 1d20+11 = 14; 5d4 = 14+Knockdown (1d20, must beat 1d20 rolled to strike (3))
Action 3: -- (consumed by above action)
Action 4: Precision Sharpshooting (AT Aimed Shot) at Orc 11: 1d20+11 = 26; 5d4 = 13+Knockdown (1d20, must beat 1d20 rolled to strike (15))
Action 5: -- (consumed by above action)
Action 6: Reserved for Dodge: 1d20+10 = 14
Action 7: Reserved for Dodge: 1d20+10 = 29
Jakkin Longshanks
Nightvision: 90'
Locate & disarm underground traps: 20%
Detect Ambush 55%
H.P. 39/15, S.D.C. 89/0, P.P.E. 10/10
49' move per action (currently 24.5')
Janissary Brigandine Load Bearing Armor: A.R.: 11, S.D.C.: 95
-1 Initiative
-50% S.P.D.
-10% Skills
Bleeding 5 H.P./min
User avatar
Jakkin Longshanks
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:39 pm
Location: Palladium Fantasy

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Tolliver Trask » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:13 am

Perception: 1d100 = 39/49% (due to penalties)
Just in Case: 1d20 = 16; 1d100 = 64
Conditions: Immune to Fire, Resistant to Cold, Sixth Sense (Inactive), Nightvision (Range: 600'; Duration: 00:49:45 minutes), injured chest (-1 to initiative, -1 to strike, parry, dodge, -10% to skills)


P.P.E.: 10/10 I.S.P.: 38/36
H.P.: 39/9 S.D.C.: 71/0
Mjorgullan Mail A.R.: 12 S.D.C.: 40/40
Soupcon S.D.C.: 25/25
Tower Shield of the Hex • Indestructible



Initiative: 1d20+4 = 20
Number of Attacks: 7

Action One and Two: Move under the Wagon.
Action Three: Draw Crossbow
Action Four: Fire Crossbow at Orc #2 (Strike: 1d20+9 = 23; Damage: 2d6 = 5)
Action Five: Reload Crossbow.
Action Six: Fire Crossbow at Orc #2 or Orc#11 (if 2 is dead.) (Strike: 1d20+9 = 14; Damage: 2d6 = 11)
Action Seven: Reload Crossbow.

Dodges as Necessary: 1d20+8 = 9, 1d20+8 = 19, 1d20+8 = 21, 1d20+8 = 28, 1d20+8 = 21, 1d20+8 = 23, 1d20+8 = 14.



Trask grits his teeth, having not been hurt this bad in a long while. Thinking critically of his situation, before coming up with the most logical plan. Trask moves to the wagon and crawls underneath it, affording himself a modicum of cover. Once under the wagon Trask draws out his crossbow and slips a bolt into the furrow. "Utu, guide my bolts, take these souls into your cruel embrace." Trask says quietly as he lines a shot up and fires on the orc to the north of his companions, before quickly reloading and firing again.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Thorgrim » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:31 am

Perception (63%): 1d100 = 87
JiC: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 86
Initiative: 1d20+7 = 12
APM: 7
Conditions: Bleeding (7 H.P./min); Berserker Fury.

Thorgrim grins in satisfaction as he can feel the crunch of the Orc Chieftain’s skull give way under his war club. Not so tough now, are you!? Not wanting to miss a moment with the fight ongoing, he snatches the over-sized claymore from the ground and throws it towards Tatyana. He grunts out in angered frustration at the Wolfen, “Try using steel instead, of roasting me with fire! ...and try something more helpful with your magics, for the love of the gods!” Thor’s fury and attention turning to the Orcs which just shot at him, prevent the barbarian from currently recalling how many times this canine companion has tried to kill him since their initial meeting.
The barbarian dashes to engage Orcs #10 & 11 with his shield raised, and war club at the ready. Thor barks as he attacks them, trying to intimidate them with the felling of their chieftain,“Your lord has fallen to me! Now you’re next!”
Language: Gobblely (68%): 1d100 = 58
Intimidate (45%): 1d100 = 54

Strategy: Thor attacks the Orc archers, not waiting for them to pick apart their party one by one. He will attack them in the order of #10, #11 and finally #2 if he is still around - and not lost in the dark to Thor-. (...if a miracle happens this round, Thor will then return back towards the camp to attack #6, and then #7.)
Thor tries to position Orc #10 between himself and #11 so that he may not be attack by both at the same time.
Contingencies: Thor will use his Thunder Club and Shield as Paired Weapons in a dual strike on one target at a time, in order to inflict more damage; only if there is no need for him to parry (i.e. enemy is out of actions, knocked over, enemy attacking targets other than Thor, etc). To be clear, parrying still takes precedence over a dual strike. Thor will now attempt to parry any attacks, including ranged (no longer able to dodge). If he looses his Club in a crit failure, he’ll draw one of his knives for attacks, and continue to parry with his shield.

1)Throws chieftain’s oversized claymore to Tatyana. Intent is to hit the ground near her; not strike her or other friendlies. ((+1 WP Sword thrown, +4 HTH & PP bonuses, +3 Berserk bonus)) Throw: 1d20+8 = 22.
*incase it hits someone* (trying to harmlessly throw ‘granny style’) Pull punch: 1d20+3 = 23. Damage: 1 preferred, or ? If pull punch fails.
2) Rushes Orc #10 (77.5 ft/action), and attacks. Strike: 1d20+11 = 22. Damage: 5d4+27 = 40.
3) Attacks Orcs (#10 ->#11->#2). Strike: 1d20+11 = 18. Damage: 5d4+27 = 41.
4) Attacks Orcs (#10 ->#11->#2). Strike: 1d20+11 = 31. Damage: 5d4+27 = 39.
5) Attacks Orcs (#10 ->#11->#2). Strike: 1d20+11 = 30. Damage: 5d4+27 = 37.
6) Attacks Orcs (#10 ->#11->#2). Strike: 1d20+11 = 24. Damage: 5d4+27 = 38.
7) Attacks Orcs (#10 ->#11->#2). Strike: 1d20+11 = 19. Damage: 5d4+27 = 38.

Parries w/ shield:
1) Parry: 1d20+10 = 20
2) Parry: 1d20+10 = 16
3) Parry: 1d20+10 = 22
4) Parry: 1d20+10 = 21
5) Parry: 1d20+10 = 23
6) Parry: 1d20+10 = 16
7) Parry: 1d20+10 = 20

Contingency Dual Strikes if he has a free action left (...which is not needed to be reserved for parrying):
1) Strike: 1d20+12 = 17. Club damage: 5d4+27 = 38. Shield damage: 2d4+24 = 29
2) Strike: 1d20+12 = 30. Club damage: 5d4+27 = 41. Shield damage: 2d4+24 = 31
3) Strike: 1d20+12 = 13. Club damage: 5d4+27 = 37. Shield damage: 2d4+24 = 27
4) Strike: 1d20+12 = 23. Club damage: 5d4+27 = 38. Shield damage: 2d4+24 = 27
5) Strike: 1d20+12 = 20. Club damage: 5d4+27 = 43. Shield damage: 2d4+24 = 29
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 49/49
S.D.C.: 123/123
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Armor
Scale Mail: AR 15
S.D.C.: 71/125


Weapons
Large Iron Shield, Over-sized Claymore, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Abroad)

Postby Tatyana Singh » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:33 pm

Perception: (57%) 1d100 = 58
JIC: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 97
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 20
APM: 6

Conditions: Keen hearing, equal to a canine, excellent sense of smell.

Tatyana roars inwardly as her spell is wasted on the back of Thorgrim, AGH! damn hulking human! Why did he have to pick that moment to move in between us! Seeing the chieftain drop dead, she decides the barbarian can handle himself up there for a bit and ignores his comments. The Wolfen quickly takes in the situation around her from her perch and comes up with a plan. She mumbles a familiar spell, focusing on the Orc (#2) running into the woods, and leading the vile monster as she would with a missile weapon, she cast a sticky carpet on the ground just in front of it so it runs onto. She then whirls around to the two Orcs (#6&7) closing in on Fox and mumbles the same spell, casting a sticky carpet under the advancing Orcs; being careful not to catch is comrades in it. "Fox, their all yours, but move back" she tell the little Kankoran. The Hunter jumps down from the cart and grabs a useful weapon (The claymore, if it's close enough) and runs over to Jakkin, kneels beside him and places a hand on his shoulder she says, "Hope this helps." and recites a different spell and smiles at the telltale shimmer of magical armor. Leaving the sword on the ground, Tatyana removes one of the twelve sisters from her bandoleer and hurls it at the closest Orc (#6), whispering "Purify", she catches the returning shuriken with practised skill.

IF the second CoA fails, Tatyana will call to Fox, "Get out of there." She will jump down and grab a useful weapon (The claymore, if it's close enough), cast Armor of Ithan on herself and attack the Orc (#6) giving Fox a chance to get out of their reach.

Action 1: Cast Carpet of Adhesion to catch Orc #2 Strike: 1d20+6 = 9
Action 2: Cast Carpet of Adhesion to catch Orc #6&7 Strike: 1d20+6 = 13
Action 3: Calls to Fox and jumps down
Action 4: Picks up a Claymore or sword and moves to Jakkin
Action 5: Casts Armor of Ithan on Jakkin
Action 6: Attack Orc #7 Strike: 1d20+8 = 12, Damage: 3d6 = 17 fireball damage

Contingencies if second CoA doesn't work:
Action 4: Cast AoI on self and picks up a Claymore or sword
Action 5: Attack #6 Strike: 1d20+8 = 10, Damage: 3d6 = 10
Action 6: Attack #6 Strike: 1d20+8 = 22, Damage: 3d6 = 13

Parries with Sword as needed: 1d20+7 = 21, 1d20+7 = 9, 1d20+7 = 13, 1d20+7 = 12, 1d20+7 = 12, 1d20+7 = 24

Dodge as needed: 1d20+7 = 23, 1d20+7 = 12, 1d20+7 = 14, 1d20+7 = 24, 1d20+7 = 20, 1d20+7 = 12

Roll with as needed: 1d20+3 = 8, 1d20+3 = 21, 1d20+3 = 12, 1d20+3 = 23, 1d20+3 = 9, 1d20+3 = 19
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 36/36
SDC: 53/53
PPE: 127/107
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: Southern United Kingdom

Next

Return to Fantasy Adventures

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron