Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Only adventured-related threads are found here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Augur » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:00 am

Conditions:
Date: 5 May, 345
Time: 1300
Environment: Mixed light rain, smoke, and sunshine outside
Location: Werrington's House of Trade & Securities, Merchants' Guild House


Tyral's luck runs dry as the staff have no articles of clothing left behind by Evard, but upon sharing his insights with the others, Durak's intimate familiarity with Llorn's streets gives him a rough conception of the possible, accessible points of entry to the sewers where, it seems, Evard has likely been taken: the environs surrounding the Lucky Lady in The Sprawl.
  • Southeast manhole
  • Southern manhole
  • Western manhole
  • Northern manhole

GM NOTE: You can all enter via one manhole, or else split-up and enter from multiple points of entry. Either option is totally fine by me.


What are your intentions?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4074
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Tyral » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:35 am

Perception [71%]: 1d100 = 62
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 7
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 89

PPE: 167/229
SDC: 43/43
HP: 52/52

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [9 Days], Astral Projection [45.00 Min]

Tyral stows the hand-drawing of Evard in his dimensional bag as they leave the Bank for safety. He will cast Sustain on himself and Brago [-24 PPE] en route from the Market District (and the Bank) down to the Sprawl. He will strongly prefer that they stay together, though he will defer to Durak to choose the most likely entrance location. While passing through he will affirmatively soak up PPE from passersby (OOC: According to PFRPG Pg 181, a Wizard can attempt to syphon PPE from up to 1 person per level (so 9) for up to 1d4 PPE @ a time, so potentially 9d4 PPE each syphon attempt if every potential target fails their save (15), but he cannot take more than 50% of their total. This is described as requiring minimal effort/focus, so he should be able to attempt 1-2x/min without any strain, the goal being to head into Sewers with full PPE).

As their quartet make their way down into the Sprawl nearby the Lucky Lady the Wizard will find a seat (on a barrel or a box or something), "Rather than dropping ourselves down recklessly, I'd like to scout a path Astrally. Might even find a path to our friend."

After any parting words from the others (i.e. he will take the time to respond as needed beforehand), then Tyral will cast Astral Projection [-10 PPE] so that he can sink down through the ground as an invisible and intangible/ethereal being to explore the area in the hopes of locating something from his prior vision (even if he locates 1 thing, he will try to find a 2nd landmark to confirm they are on the right path).
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 4d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Durak » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:30 pm

Perception 50% 1d100 = 40
JIC 1d20 = 9 1d100 = 41

As they were going into the sewers and a probably fight, he thought it best that he be armed as heavily as possible; Stonebiter is useful, but sometimes, I need to be able to hit something hard. He has the group detour via the pier to collect his Battle Axe before they head to the location he has identified from Tyral's descripton.

Lovely part of the city, such ambience. Our work brings us to such impressive and aromatic places. Durak sniffs the air, and looks at the floor to ensure he doesn't step in anything.

"We have a few different potential entrances." he crouches, though as a dwarf, that's not immediately apparent, checking the ground, "nothing obvious to distinguish between them at the moment." He looks like he is tracking something, but is in fact checking for turf markings for whomever controls the territory will always notice whom travels through their territory.

Tyral wrote:"Rather than dropping ourselves down recklessly, I'd like to scout a path Astrally. Might even find a path to our friend.


"Sounds like a plan, can they see you in that form?" Durak asks, not really knowing much about this type of magic. He thinks for a moment to determine where has some secluded off the main path areas in this section of sewers.

OOC Comments
Underground Architecture 56% 1d100 = 62 what areas round here are secluded in the tunnels to direct Tyral towards
Streetwise 56% 1d100 = 79 whose territory is this?
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,

viewtopic.php?f=836&t=16296

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Tyral » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:00 pm

Durak wrote:"We have a few different potential entrances." he crouches, though as a dwarf, that's not immediately apparent, checking the ground, "nothing obvious to distinguish between them at the moment." He looks like he is tracking something, but is in fact checking for turf markings for whomever controls the territory will always notice whom travels through their territory.
...
"Sounds like a plan, can they see you in that form?"


Tyral casts his gaze up and down their surrounding area (street?/alley?) and if private responds blithely, "Well that will depend on who They are Durak. In the Astral I will be invisible and able to pass through walls. There are those who can see the invisible. We know nothing of those we are hunting. If you prefer not to chance the possibility they could see someone invisible who could not be touched then you prefer to head in blind. Not my preference but results vary and you may lead the way."

Tyral will opt to enter the sewers Astrally via the Northern-most entrance.

Intelligence 80%: 1d100 = 63 (to try and retrace any clues and/or determine best options for a hidden lair)
Prowl 77%: 1d100 = 37 (to remain unnoticed and out of the direct sightlines of anything sentient that he encounters)
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 4d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Durak » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:23 am

rolls carried

Tyral wrote:"Well that will depend on who They are Durak. In the Astral I will be invisible and able to pass through walls. There are those who can see the invisible. We know nothing of those we are hunting. If you prefer not to chance the possibility they could see someone invisible who could not be touched then you prefer to head in blind. Not my preference but results vary and you may lead the way."


Durak rolls his eyes and shakes his head in exasperation All I did was ask a simple question. And he considers himself personable for an elf.

"Tyral, I am not a wizard and not exactly versed in what exactly the spell does," Durak replies, slightly irritated at Tyral's response, and it shows in his voice, "if this spell of yours does what you say it does and you are not hyperboling, then it sounds like a good method of scouting ahead."

"Try not to get killed though." he adds at the end. The elf may annoy him, but he'd miss him.

As Tyral goes down near the northern most entrance, Durak saunters over to the entrance and gives it a once over to make sure it is safe to use and not trapped

OOC Comments
Locate Secret Compartments/Doors 76% (+5%)1d100 = 72 pass
Detect Concealment & Traps 61% (+5%) 1d100 = 93 checking for traps fail
Prowl 61% 1d100 = 89 moving nonchalantly and not be noticed fail
Pick Locks 71% 1d100 = 56disarming traps pass
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,

viewtopic.php?f=836&t=16296

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Augur » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:11 pm

Conditions:
Date: 5 May, 345
Time: 1315
Environment: Mixed light rain, smoke, and sunshine outside
Location: Werrington's House of Trade & Securities, Merchants' Guild House


Augur wrote:Tyral's luck runs dry as the staff have no articles of clothing left behind by Evard, but upon sharing his insights with the others, Durak's intimate familiarity with Llorn's streets gives him a rough conception of the possible, accessible points of entry to the sewers where, it seems, Evard has likely been taken: the environs surrounding the Lucky Lady in The Sprawl.
  • Southeast manhole
  • Southern manhole
  • Western manhole
  • Northern manhole

GM NOTE: You can all enter via one manhole, or else split-up and enter from multiple points of entry. Either option is totally fine by me.


The sun is high in the sky and the light rain clouds burning off from the impact of the sun. Smoke from smoldering fires and cook stoves alike clouds the air to a greater degree here in the Sprawl than elsewhere in Llorn. Not much has been done towards rebuilding in this district, and the destruction recently wrought by the dragon is still evident all around the party. Tyral stows away the drawing of Evard as he leaves the bank. He casts spells of sustenance on himself and Brago as he walks to the Sprawl. Passers-by don't seem to notice that he's drawing strength from their presence. As the four make their way to the Lucky Lady, Tyral takes a seat on a crate outside the gambling house and requests the others watch over him while he's in a trance. "Rather than dropping ourselves down recklessly, I'd like to scout a path Astrally. Might even find a path to our friend."

Durak adds what he can. "We have a few different potential entrances. Nothing obvious to distinguish between them at the moment. Sounds like a plan, can they see you in that form?" The graffiti in the local warrens of passages and alleyways is a mess of competing, small, disorganized factions. Durak surmises that this area has no dominant gang presence, but rather a multitude of small gangs and a lot of what could be charitably referred to as "independent operators." Scouting the manholes, he's only able to gather limited information without going into the sewers themselves. The northern one sounds like there's running water and a collection point for that water near the manhole. The western one sounds like there's running water and a large collection point for that water beneath the manhole. The southeastern one sounds like there's a running water nearby, but no collection point near the manhole. The southern one is very quiet and doesn't stink nearly so bad as the others. None of the manholes appears to be trapped, and oddly they all appear to be in good repair and remarkably clean given the nature of their use.

Tyral replies to Durak as the others keep an eye out for watchful eyes. "Well that will depend on who they are, Durak. In the astral I will be invisible and able to pass through walls. There are those who can see the invisible. We know nothing of those we are hunting. If you prefer not to chance the possibility they could see someone invisible who could not be touched then you prefer to head in blind. Not my preference but results vary and you may lead the way."

Durak's somewhat exasperated tone is evident in his voice. "Tyral, I am not a wizard and not exactly versed in what exactly the spell does, if this spell of yours does what you say it does and you are not hyperboling, then it sounds like a good method of scouting ahead. Try not to get killed though."

What are your intentions?

GM Note: I am not going to allow future uses of P.P.E. siphoning from "off-screen NPCs." Tyral, check your PM inbox.

Butcher's Bill
Tyral: -10 P.P.E.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4074
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Tyral » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:51 pm

Perception [71%]: 1d100 = 47
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 16
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 94

PPE: 219/229
SDC: 43/43
HP: 52/52

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [9 Days], Flying Cloak [56.00 Min]

Once upon a Sewer Crawl wrote:Tyral finds himself unable to penetrate into the interiors of rooms in the sewer, but manages to reconnoiter the passages ... During his astral travel through the passages, he lays eyes on a number of ruffians, little more than street urchins & young toughs... and a few masked and hooded figures who are far more sinister and threatening in their appearance.


The ethereal Wizard ghosts his way through the warrens around the passages near the Northern entrance grudgingly thankful that in this form he lacks a sense of smell while at the same time dreading a corporeal return-trip. Once he finds his way back to his body on the surface Tyral settles back in and breathes, "Beneath us is a shaft with a ladder leading down to a circular area with a reservoir or catch basin into which sewage collects. The sewer tunnels branch off from there. I explored a little but Evard does not seem to be in the immediate area. There are a number of people down there though not in the immediate room below but ... young thug sorts, and a few who like the masks and dark cloaks ... remind me tailless versions of Predat here. Speaking of that? ... Predat, could you get the entrance?"

Rising Tyral draws off his cloak, whispers for a few moments and with a flourish the and cloth floats before him like a table about a foot off the ground [Fly, 56 Min, -15PPE, PF 197], "Hop aboard Brago, you were not exactly built for ladders, perhaps you as well Durak? I can drop you below and return for Sil and Predat." Using the improvised magic carpet to silently travel down to the bottom of the ladder and deposit Brago and Durak (or whoever else wants to be first(?)), then rise back up and get the others, "We can travel silently this way, no splashing about."
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 4d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Durak » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:28 pm

Perception 50% 1d100 = 30
JIC 1d100 = 78 1d20 = 8

Hmm, nobody has laid claim to any of these locations, Durak scrunches his face, deep in thought, I know a lot of areas got hit and the established order disrupted. Still, it has been three months. This suggests that whomever is down there hasn't wanted any presence and has been proactive about it.

Tyral wrote:The ethereal Wizard ghosts his way through the warrens around the passages near the Northern entrance grudgingly thankful that in this form he lacks a sense of smell while at the same time dreading a corporeal return-trip. Once he finds his way back to his body on the surface Tyral settles back in and breathes, "Beneath us is a shaft with a ladder leading down to a circular area with a reservoir or catch basin into which sewage collects. The sewer tunnels branch off from there. I explored a little but Evard does not seem to be in the immediate area. There are a number of people down there though not in the immediate room below but ... young thug sorts, and a few who like the masks and dark cloaks ... remind me tailless versions of Predat here. Speaking of that? ... Predat, could you get the entrance?"


"Then if there are people down here, we should try to be as quiet as possible. I remember us managing to accidentally scare off those coyles in the tunnels a few months back. That sort of plan could work again." He looks around again at the area, "Considering the state of repair, I'd say this area was among the locations repaired after the dragon attack. No one group has laid claim to it, which is odd. I'd say some of the people down there won't care a jot about us as long as we do not interfere with their business. However, the lack of organised presence suggests to me that they are proactive about keeping this area out of anybody else's control. Certainly sounds like muscle down there, possibly traps as well."


Tyral wrote:Rising Tyral draws off his cloak, whispers for a few moments and with a flourish the and cloth floats before him like a table about a foot off the ground [Fly, 56 Min, -15PPE, PF 197], "Hop aboard Brago, you were not exactly built for ladders, perhaps you as well Durak? I can drop you below and return for Sil and Predat." Using the improvised magic carpet to silently travel down to the bottom of the ladder and deposit Brago and Durak (or whoever else wants to be first(?)), then rise back up and get the others, "We can travel silently this way, no splashing about."


Durak raises an eyebrow at Tyral's suggestion but says; that was almost polite for the elf. He actually bothered to fully explain something.

"I can handle a ladder, but.." he looks down at the entrance to the sewers, "I agree, lets keep it as quiet as possible. As I can see in the dark without the aid of magic, at least I won't set off anything they might have up to detect heavy magic use and we can try not to blunder in." He'd be happier if their normal muscle was around, but he'd seen Predat, Sil and Tyral in action, so he knew they could handle themselves. Steeling himself, he grabs hold of the cloak.

When he lands, he moves to one side to stay out of any line of sight. I see in the dark. Not unlikely that some of these might too. Durak keeps his weapons close in case of trouble as he checks the area over quickly in case of traps, hidden areas or other abnormalities. He had been working on repairing tunnels like these, so he would know if there was something unusual.



OOC Comments
All skills PASS - pick locks - critical success
Prowl 61% 1d100 = 50 keeping quiet and unnoticed
Detect Concealment & Traps 61% 1d100 = 43 checking the area
Underground Architecture 56% 1d100 = 54 anything unusual about the area and what areas might have room/capacity for hidden locations as not needed for
Locate Secret Compartments/Doors 76%1d100 = 27 checking the area
Pick Locks 71% 1d100 = 5 picking locks or disabling traps
Sense of Balance 66% 1d100 = 40 both in case there are any tight areas that require nimble footwork
Walk Tightrope 52% 1d100 = 38
Acrobatics means he has no fear of heights
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,

viewtopic.php?f=836&t=16296

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Predat » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:35 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 28 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 28 1d20 = 4

Conditions: Can see perfectly in total darkness; Completely invisible in darkness; impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness, Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness.

Predat smiles as he nimbly follows them down the sewer entrance, "Yep cramped as I remember. I've been down here many times, though I am by no means an expert, there are a few who basically live down here. I thought about finding them, but who knows who we can trust." Pre basically disappears in the darkness by almost turning to shadow, Damn, I love this armor. You guys might want to let me scout ahead, no one is going to see me and they are not likely to hear me either. If I find anything interesting I will double back. Pre pulls his dagger and keeps it at the ready. "Durak you should probably take the rear and watch our back and leave the mages in the middle. Just my suggestion." Let's see if Tryal is just an ass or a capable leader too.

Streetwise - 1d100 = 78 / 71% (If he recognizes where he is or anyone down here)
Detect Concealment/Traps - 1d100 = 33 / 72% (Obvious)
Detect Ambush - 1d100 = 75 / 82% (Obvious)
Intelligence - 1d100 = 77 / 73% (Analyzing everything, looking for potential lairs)
Prowl - 1d100 = 89 / 132% (Obvious)
Locate Secret Compartment/Doors - 1d100 = 44 / 62% (Obvious)
Track Humanoids - 1d100 = 44 / 72% (to see if this is a busy location and to see what he can see?)
Predat Tor

Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 68 / 68
S.D.C.: 161 / 161

Wearing his Shadow Armor: AR: 16 (21 in darkness); 400 SDC
-Can see perfectly in total darkness; is completely invisible in darkness; and is impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
All by the Lizard King himself!
:cheers:
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Silhouette » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:05 am

JIC: 1d20 = 15 1d100 = 7
Perc: 63% / 1d100 = 72

Prowl -- 82% / 1d100 = 9
-- Listening and Awareness -- 34% / 1d100 = 93
Lore: Culture & Customs (Eastern Territory) 37% / 1d100 = 13 (For understanding the nuances of those below ground.)
Streetwise -- 38% / 1d100 = 84 (Understanding any of the gangs and if they are mixed or noticing any specific markings that communicate direction's below ground. )
Security Systems -- 37% / 1d100 = 84 (To notice any kind of barricading or designs to fortify and which way they face.)

Silhouette skips along behind Tyral and Brago belying her unease at going into the sewers. She of course had tired of dungeons and tunnels and dragon's that reside in them and of course the very first filled with the dead. The place where dark magic's of Vladamir were wrought smelled of death, but you could defeat such foulness. The sewer smells, though...

Sighing Silhouette taps her arms and legs in a strange rhythmic dance checking that her various throwing daggers were in their paired place' at wrists and boots of her studded leather armor and the last her Lucky-Unlucky Dagger behind her chest piece as a last resort. She was glad and dismayed that she had taken Durak's queue to sidetrack and prepair properly upon departing the Bank. Glad to have a small barrier against the stench and her skin and dismayed because she likely could never wear this armor again once they returned.

Just stepping into the passages the rescue party had lost the battle as anything they mistakenly wore below would be permeated without a serious soaking to recover them. To the victor goes the spoils or vice versa...damnable sewer.

Pushing the special pouch at her side Tyral had given her into position Silhouette crouches at the threshold. Stored within the magic container was a filled waterskin, hammer, shovel, flint/steel, tinder, Moon Beams, two small sacks, four candles, three torches, some dried jerky, fruit, and brandy. The last not for drinking but a solvent and disenfectent to compliment magic bandages, a mirror, heavy blanket and rope to use together on an injured patient for warmth as much as to keep them from moving in pain while you fix them. Finally stored were an enchanted skull of knowledge and a more mundane one of a gobline to use with her scroll of flaming eyes should she need it.

At her belt a symbol of Aco hung, like one of the dolls so commonly given to children, still though a holy symbol against the crawling things of the night. Besides the black haired doll with white button eyes, a silver knife and stake would remind Tyral of their first battles against vampires, next to the two sheathed dwarven daggers several of the party also had in their possession.

Short bow in hand and a quiver of three dozen arrows tied to her back just visibly sticking out from under her shadowy cloak the dark skinned girl appears to have left her staff at the pier. Such a weapon was too unwieldy in close confines and the sewer was not likely dangerous enough to warrant the risk of losing it. She had no mind to dredge the muck in search of it. The bow would make a reasonable club if required and down a long passage an attacker would find challenge in dodging arrows.

Stepping onto Tyral's floating cloak she looks down into the hole unhappily with uncharacteristic silence as she thumbs the bow's grip. Something about the dark hole and the mob of people unsettled her she realizes,"How many of them were human's...?" Warily she whispers to Tyral not explaining her apparent concern.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 28/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:45/45
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Augur » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:47 am

Conditions:
Date: 5 May, 345
Time: 1316
Environment: Mixed light rain, smoke, and sunshine outside
Location: Werrington's House of Trade & Securities, Merchants' Guild House


Tyral floats down on a temporarily enchanted cloak. He's quickly followed by Durak and Sil who hitch rapid rides down on his floating cloak. Predat ignores his offer and simply climbs down the ladder. Brago whimpers softly as he descends, not at all pleased with having his paws off the ground, and thoroughly distressed by the noxious smells. Within a minute, the lot of them are standing upon a walkway of only moderately slimy stone that's about six feet wide. Tyral hangs in mid-air atop his hovering cloak. Tyral, Durak, and Predat all hear occasional splashes coming from the east as they gather at the bottom. There's a light source to the south somewhere that's helping to illuminate things, and the others can clearly see Sil silhouetted by the light.


GM NOTE: Check your inboxes for PMs!

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Tyral: -25 P.P.E.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4074
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Predat » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:32 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 4 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 100 1d20 = 7

Conditions: Can see perfectly in total darkness; Completely invisible in darkness; impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness, Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness.

Pre speaks quietly as his magical sight adjusts to the darkness. "Looks like there has been a lot of traffic through here recently. Sil you are going to make yourself a huge target down here. Which way?" I can't say much, if it wasn't for this armor I'd be using a torch like I use to. "Sounds like there are a few to the east?"
Predat Tor

Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 68 / 68
S.D.C.: 161 / 161

Wearing his Shadow Armor: AR: 16 (21 in darkness); 400 SDC
-Can see perfectly in total darkness; is completely invisible in darkness; and is impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
All by the Lizard King himself!
:cheers:
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Tyral » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:00 pm

Perception [71%]: 1d100 = 47
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 16
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 94

PPE: 204/229
SDC: 43/43
HP: 52/52

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [9 Days], Flying Cloak [55.00 Min]

Before Descent
Silhouette wrote:"How many of them were human's...?" Warily she whispers to Tyral not explaining her apparent concern.


"Couldn't rightly say Sil. All of those without hoods and masks were human, unsure of the others. There is some light down there, if it helps."

=====

Hovering on his carpet and seeing the humans advancing, Tyral coughs, "Sil? You want to throw these off?" and flies out towards the center of the water and up a bit (~4ft) as he casts Fear [HF 16] (5 P.P.E., 20' diameter, 100' max distance, 9.00 Min) in the small area leading up to the entrance to the NE tunnel (i.e. not in this chamber but where they currently are) the humans are approaching through. *Brago my friend, why don't you go ahead and give them a scary growl?*

If any of the damnable street rat-humans move to attack, Tyral simply mentally moves the floating platform back out of the way (35 MPH/dodge) as needed.

APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20 = 17

1) Talk to Sil
2) Cast Fear [-5 PPE] as he moves

Parry with Staff (as needed): 1d20+10 = 30, 1d20+10 = 27, 1d20+10 = 19, 1d20+10 = 29
Dodge (as needed): 1d20+4 = 18, 1d20+4 = 5, 1d20+4 = 10

==~==
BRAGO
Perception [40%]: 1d100 = 91
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 14
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 70

Conditions: HF 8, Nightvision: 40', Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral (600'), Enhanced Healing, Impervious to Natural Fire, Track by Smell 90%, Prowl 60%

Standing fiercely at Tyral's hip Brago bristles and growls a savage and guttural sound of menace.

APM: 4
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 7

1 / Growl/Attack if someone gets within biting distance of the Carpet Bite 1d20+6 = 24: 3d6+4 = 22
2 / Growl/Attack if someone gets within biting distance of the Carpet Bite 1d20+6 = 16: 3d6+4 = 13
3 / Growl/Attack if someone gets within biting distance of the Carpet Bite 1d20+6 = 9: 3d6+4 = 15

Dodge (as needed): 1d20+4 = 20
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 42 / 42
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 4d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Durak » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:18 pm

Perception 50% 1d100 = 78
JIC 1d100 = 62 1d20 = 10

OOC Comments
what is generating the light?


Predat wrote:"Durak you should probably take the rear and watch our back and leave the mages in the middle. Just my suggestion." Let's see if Tryal is just an ass or a capable leader too.


"Happy to do that, Durak speaks quietly so only the group can hear. Before he moves to the suggested position, he stops and looks down the tunnel, something having caught his attention.
"We have three people coming in from the East passage that I can see." he tells the others to warn them.

Durak moves over to the side to stay out the light as much as possible. Predat's the muscle. Let him go first. Saw what he could do to the dragon.

OOC Comments
Prowl 61% 1d100 = 61

If attacked, Durak will hang back and throw Stonebiter - Aimed shots to avoid hitting the group
1d20+6 = 122d4+3 = 11
1d20+6 = 112d4+3 = 5
1d20+6 = 92d4+3 = 8

Parry
1d20+7 = 21
1d20+7 = 16
1d20+7 = 23
1d20+7 = 25
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,

viewtopic.php?f=836&t=16296

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Silhouette » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:50 am

Perc: 63% / 1d100 = 72
JIC: 1d20 = 6 1d100 = 49

Feeling to Silhouette as if she were standing teeter-totter on a plank each time the the flying cloak sways under the guidance of Tyral's command she finds it almost like sliding down a slope as it moves. Though not just the swaying felt odd, but as well the cloak had a squishy feeling in whole to stand upon. Soon she finds herself trying to test with light taps of her feet the kind of toeing one uses when standing amid muddy terrain to certify that indeed the earth below was solid enough to walk, if not fight from.

Looking back and and forth in the dark Silhouette's eyes take too much time to adjust from the daylight. In a tavern she might consider the torches a welcome softening of the blow of going from light to dark, but here they hinder the transition that her allies seem barely to suffer. Trying to listen in lieu of her eyes she fairs little better between the sniffing and blowing out of her nose from the acrid sewers stench.

A look of perplexion falls upon her dark face, visible through her leather helmet as Tyral suggests she "throw these off." A few moments of thought and with Durak supplying that they are coming she realizes he's talking about the humans before emitting a soft,"Ah..." Looking at their heads in the torch light she realizes east is, well the way they are each looking. Glancing to the other passages around them she finally answers Tyral,"Sure, I'll try something."

Looking to the ground for a moment she says,"Best if not all of us are up here, eggs and a basket, but watch for my need to ride again just in case." Carefully hopping down, directly Tyral to lower them if that seems prudent. Looking at the sewer wall she tries to discern a dry patch a mere second before considering to herself,"A nonchalant lean might not be likely in such muck..." Standing instead she shakes her body out in a worming dance to relax as the three approach while her hands put the bow across her lower back holding it there with a seeming effort at comfort. Her shadowy cloak soon ripples in hidden patterns of movement as she lightly bounces the bow on her leather clad behind betraying her ease.

As soon as she can hear the three people coming close to the lighting she calls out,"Well met! Before you draw weapons I have a proposal, but not of wedding or bedding!" Smiling she lets the form of her mouth carry into her voice beyond the concealing helm saying,"I have a bundle of dried fruit and meats enough for a week's rationing to the first one of you to tell me with proof, where my father was stolen off to?" Trying to impart charm into her manner she abruptly cuts off her question with a matter of fact clip that brooks no negotiation after she finishes saying,"And a sweeter deal of golden honey will follow if one of you will show us a way to sneak around that big mass of gangs down the way as we don't wish to hurt anyone there." Indicating the passage behind them with a forward lean of her body she waits patiently for their response though ready to defend herself should she have to.

Charm: 40% / 1d100 = 18(To be warm and receptive)
Invoke Trust: 70% / 1d100 = 80(To sound that she means what she promises.)

If combat:
Actions: 8
Init: 1d20+5 = 23
Parry w/bow: 1d20+11 = 23 1d20+11 = 18 1d20+11 = 18 1d20+11 = 18
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 28/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:45/45
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Predat » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:28 pm

Rolls as above

Conditions: Can see perfectly in total darkness; Completely invisible in darkness; impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness, Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness.

As the team warns him, Pre turns, growls (HF 13, assuming they see him?) and moves to intercept anyone who looks like they are going to get too close to his team. "Not going to happen fools." Maybe I'll use my left hand this time. Pre's blood starts pumping harder.

Intimidate: 1d100 = 19 / 80%

Init: 1d20+6 = 20
APM: 11

Attack 1: Strike the closest thug with his dagger. Strike: 1d20+13 = 20 Damage: 4d6+27 = 46
Attack 2: Strike the closest thug with his dagger. Strike: 1d20+13 = 20 Damage: 4d6+27 = 50
Attack 3: Strike the closest thug with his dagger. Strike: 1d20+13 = 23 Damage: 4d6+27 = 44
Attack 4: Strike the closest thug with his dagger. Strike: 1d20+13 = 29 Damage: 4d6+27 = 38
Attack 5: Strike the closest thug with his dagger. Strike: 1d20+13 = 28 Damage: 4d6+27 = 42
Attack 6: Strike the closest thug with his dagger. Strike: 1d20+13 = 32 CRIT Damage: 4d6+27 = 39 x2 = 78
Attack 7: Strike the closest thug with his dagger. Strike: 1d20+13 = 33 CRIT Damage: 4d6+27 = 33 x2 = 66
Attack 8: Strike the closest thug with his dagger. Strike: 1d20+13 = 29 Damage: 4d6+27 = 40
Attack 9: Strike the closest thug with his dagger. Strike: 1d20+13 = 28 Damage: 4d6+27 = 44
Attack 10: Strike the closest thug with his dagger. Strike: 1d20+13 = 24 Damage: 4d6+27 = 38
Attack 11: Strike the closest thug with his dagger. Strike: 1d20+13 = 22 Damage: 4d6+27 = 45

Parry: 1d20+14 = 34 1d20+14 = 21 1d20+14 = 15 1d20+14 = 29 1d20+14 = 16 1d20+14 = 26 1d20+14 = 32 1d20+14 = 33 1d20+14 = 20 1d20+14 = 34 1d20+14 = 25

Dodge (If necessary): 1d20+12 = 17 1d20+12 = 19 1d20+12 = 20 1d20+12 = 27 1d20+12 = 17 1d20+12 = 24 1d20+12 = 21 1d20+12 = 23 1d20+12 = 14 1d20+12 = 21 1d20+12 = 14
Predat Tor

Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 68 / 68
S.D.C.: 161 / 161

Wearing his Shadow Armor: AR: 16 (21 in darkness); 400 SDC
-Can see perfectly in total darkness; is completely invisible in darkness; and is impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
All by the Lizard King himself!
:cheers:
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1


Return to Fantasy Adventures

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron