Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Only adventured-related threads are found here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Augur » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:00 am

Conditions:
Date: 5 May, 345
Time: 1300
Environment: Mixed light rain, smoke, and sunshine outside
Location: Werrington's House of Trade & Securities, Merchants' Guild House


Tyral's luck runs dry as the staff have no articles of clothing left behind by Evard, but upon sharing his insights with the others, Durak's intimate familiarity with Llorn's streets gives him a rough conception of the possible, accessible points of entry to the sewers where, it seems, Evard has likely been taken: the environs surrounding the Lucky Lady in The Sprawl.
  • Southeast manhole
  • Southern manhole
  • Western manhole
  • Northern manhole

GM NOTE: You can all enter via one manhole, or else split-up and enter from multiple points of entry. Either option is totally fine by me.


What are your intentions?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4797
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Tyral » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:35 am

Perception [71%]: 1d100 = 62
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 7
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 89

PPE: 167/229
SDC: 43/43
HP: 52/52

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [9 Days], Astral Projection [45.00 Min]

Tyral stows the hand-drawing of Evard in his dimensional bag as they leave the Bank for safety. He will cast Sustain on himself and Brago [-24 PPE] en route from the Market District (and the Bank) down to the Sprawl. He will strongly prefer that they stay together, though he will defer to Durak to choose the most likely entrance location. While passing through he will affirmatively soak up PPE from passersby (OOC: According to PFRPG Pg 181, a Wizard can attempt to syphon PPE from up to 1 person per level (so 9) for up to 1d4 PPE @ a time, so potentially 9d4 PPE each syphon attempt if every potential target fails their save (15), but he cannot take more than 50% of their total. This is described as requiring minimal effort/focus, so he should be able to attempt 1-2x/min without any strain, the goal being to head into Sewers with full PPE).

As their quartet make their way down into the Sprawl nearby the Lucky Lady the Wizard will find a seat (on a barrel or a box or something), "Rather than dropping ourselves down recklessly, I'd like to scout a path Astrally. Might even find a path to our friend."

After any parting words from the others (i.e. he will take the time to respond as needed beforehand), then Tyral will cast Astral Projection [-10 PPE] so that he can sink down through the ground as an invisible and intangible/ethereal being to explore the area in the hopes of locating something from his prior vision (even if he locates 1 thing, he will try to find a 2nd landmark to confirm they are on the right path).
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 52 / 52
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Durak » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:30 pm

Perception 50% 1d100 = 40
JIC 1d20 = 9 1d100 = 41

As they were going into the sewers and a probably fight, he thought it best that he be armed as heavily as possible; Stonebiter is useful, but sometimes, I need to be able to hit something hard. He has the group detour via the pier to collect his Battle Axe before they head to the location he has identified from Tyral's descripton.

Lovely part of the city, such ambience. Our work brings us to such impressive and aromatic places. Durak sniffs the air, and looks at the floor to ensure he doesn't step in anything.

"We have a few different potential entrances." he crouches, though as a dwarf, that's not immediately apparent, checking the ground, "nothing obvious to distinguish between them at the moment." He looks like he is tracking something, but is in fact checking for turf markings for whomever controls the territory will always notice whom travels through their territory.

Tyral wrote:"Rather than dropping ourselves down recklessly, I'd like to scout a path Astrally. Might even find a path to our friend.


"Sounds like a plan, can they see you in that form?" Durak asks, not really knowing much about this type of magic. He thinks for a moment to determine where has some secluded off the main path areas in this section of sewers.

OOC Comments
Underground Architecture 56% 1d100 = 62 what areas round here are secluded in the tunnels to direct Tyral towards
Streetwise 56% 1d100 = 79 whose territory is this?
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,

viewtopic.php?f=836&t=16296

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Tyral » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:00 pm

Durak wrote:"We have a few different potential entrances." he crouches, though as a dwarf, that's not immediately apparent, checking the ground, "nothing obvious to distinguish between them at the moment." He looks like he is tracking something, but is in fact checking for turf markings for whomever controls the territory will always notice whom travels through their territory.
...
"Sounds like a plan, can they see you in that form?"


Tyral casts his gaze up and down their surrounding area (street?/alley?) and if private responds blithely, "Well that will depend on who They are Durak. In the Astral I will be invisible and able to pass through walls. There are those who can see the invisible. We know nothing of those we are hunting. If you prefer not to chance the possibility they could see someone invisible who could not be touched then you prefer to head in blind. Not my preference but results vary and you may lead the way."

Tyral will opt to enter the sewers Astrally via the Northern-most entrance.

Intelligence 80%: 1d100 = 63 (to try and retrace any clues and/or determine best options for a hidden lair)
Prowl 77%: 1d100 = 37 (to remain unnoticed and out of the direct sightlines of anything sentient that he encounters)
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 52 / 52
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Durak » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:23 am

rolls carried

Tyral wrote:"Well that will depend on who They are Durak. In the Astral I will be invisible and able to pass through walls. There are those who can see the invisible. We know nothing of those we are hunting. If you prefer not to chance the possibility they could see someone invisible who could not be touched then you prefer to head in blind. Not my preference but results vary and you may lead the way."


Durak rolls his eyes and shakes his head in exasperation All I did was ask a simple question. And he considers himself personable for an elf.

"Tyral, I am not a wizard and not exactly versed in what exactly the spell does," Durak replies, slightly irritated at Tyral's response, and it shows in his voice, "if this spell of yours does what you say it does and you are not hyperboling, then it sounds like a good method of scouting ahead."

"Try not to get killed though." he adds at the end. The elf may annoy him, but he'd miss him.

As Tyral goes down near the northern most entrance, Durak saunters over to the entrance and gives it a once over to make sure it is safe to use and not trapped

OOC Comments
Locate Secret Compartments/Doors 76% (+5%)1d100 = 72 pass
Detect Concealment & Traps 61% (+5%) 1d100 = 93 checking for traps fail
Prowl 61% 1d100 = 89 moving nonchalantly and not be noticed fail
Pick Locks 71% 1d100 = 56disarming traps pass
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,

viewtopic.php?f=836&t=16296

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Augur » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:11 pm

Conditions:
Date: 5 May, 345
Time: 1315
Environment: Mixed light rain, smoke, and sunshine outside
Location: Werrington's House of Trade & Securities, Merchants' Guild House


Augur wrote:Tyral's luck runs dry as the staff have no articles of clothing left behind by Evard, but upon sharing his insights with the others, Durak's intimate familiarity with Llorn's streets gives him a rough conception of the possible, accessible points of entry to the sewers where, it seems, Evard has likely been taken: the environs surrounding the Lucky Lady in The Sprawl.
  • Southeast manhole
  • Southern manhole
  • Western manhole
  • Northern manhole

GM NOTE: You can all enter via one manhole, or else split-up and enter from multiple points of entry. Either option is totally fine by me.


The sun is high in the sky and the light rain clouds burning off from the impact of the sun. Smoke from smoldering fires and cook stoves alike clouds the air to a greater degree here in the Sprawl than elsewhere in Llorn. Not much has been done towards rebuilding in this district, and the destruction recently wrought by the dragon is still evident all around the party. Tyral stows away the drawing of Evard as he leaves the bank. He casts spells of sustenance on himself and Brago as he walks to the Sprawl. Passers-by don't seem to notice that he's drawing strength from their presence. As the four make their way to the Lucky Lady, Tyral takes a seat on a crate outside the gambling house and requests the others watch over him while he's in a trance. "Rather than dropping ourselves down recklessly, I'd like to scout a path Astrally. Might even find a path to our friend."

Durak adds what he can. "We have a few different potential entrances. Nothing obvious to distinguish between them at the moment. Sounds like a plan, can they see you in that form?" The graffiti in the local warrens of passages and alleyways is a mess of competing, small, disorganized factions. Durak surmises that this area has no dominant gang presence, but rather a multitude of small gangs and a lot of what could be charitably referred to as "independent operators." Scouting the manholes, he's only able to gather limited information without going into the sewers themselves. The northern one sounds like there's running water and a collection point for that water near the manhole. The western one sounds like there's running water and a large collection point for that water beneath the manhole. The southeastern one sounds like there's a running water nearby, but no collection point near the manhole. The southern one is very quiet and doesn't stink nearly so bad as the others. None of the manholes appears to be trapped, and oddly they all appear to be in good repair and remarkably clean given the nature of their use.

Tyral replies to Durak as the others keep an eye out for watchful eyes. "Well that will depend on who they are, Durak. In the astral I will be invisible and able to pass through walls. There are those who can see the invisible. We know nothing of those we are hunting. If you prefer not to chance the possibility they could see someone invisible who could not be touched then you prefer to head in blind. Not my preference but results vary and you may lead the way."

Durak's somewhat exasperated tone is evident in his voice. "Tyral, I am not a wizard and not exactly versed in what exactly the spell does, if this spell of yours does what you say it does and you are not hyperboling, then it sounds like a good method of scouting ahead. Try not to get killed though."

What are your intentions?

GM Note: I am not going to allow future uses of P.P.E. siphoning from "off-screen NPCs." Tyral, check your PM inbox.

Butcher's Bill
Tyral: -10 P.P.E.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4797
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Tyral » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:51 pm

Perception [71%]: 1d100 = 47
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 16
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 94

PPE: 219/229
SDC: 43/43
HP: 52/52

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [9 Days], Flying Cloak [56.00 Min]

Once upon a Sewer Crawl wrote:Tyral finds himself unable to penetrate into the interiors of rooms in the sewer, but manages to reconnoiter the passages ... During his astral travel through the passages, he lays eyes on a number of ruffians, little more than street urchins & young toughs... and a few masked and hooded figures who are far more sinister and threatening in their appearance.


The ethereal Wizard ghosts his way through the warrens around the passages near the Northern entrance grudgingly thankful that in this form he lacks a sense of smell while at the same time dreading a corporeal return-trip. Once he finds his way back to his body on the surface Tyral settles back in and breathes, "Beneath us is a shaft with a ladder leading down to a circular area with a reservoir or catch basin into which sewage collects. The sewer tunnels branch off from there. I explored a little but Evard does not seem to be in the immediate area. There are a number of people down there though not in the immediate room below but ... young thug sorts, and a few who like the masks and dark cloaks ... remind me tailless versions of Predat here. Speaking of that? ... Predat, could you get the entrance?"

Rising Tyral draws off his cloak, whispers for a few moments and with a flourish the and cloth floats before him like a table about a foot off the ground [Fly, 56 Min, -15PPE, PF 197], "Hop aboard Brago, you were not exactly built for ladders, perhaps you as well Durak? I can drop you below and return for Sil and Predat." Using the improvised magic carpet to silently travel down to the bottom of the ladder and deposit Brago and Durak (or whoever else wants to be first(?)), then rise back up and get the others, "We can travel silently this way, no splashing about."
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 52 / 52
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Durak » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:28 pm

Perception 50% 1d100 = 30
JIC 1d100 = 78 1d20 = 8

Hmm, nobody has laid claim to any of these locations, Durak scrunches his face, deep in thought, I know a lot of areas got hit and the established order disrupted. Still, it has been three months. This suggests that whomever is down there hasn't wanted any presence and has been proactive about it.

Tyral wrote:The ethereal Wizard ghosts his way through the warrens around the passages near the Northern entrance grudgingly thankful that in this form he lacks a sense of smell while at the same time dreading a corporeal return-trip. Once he finds his way back to his body on the surface Tyral settles back in and breathes, "Beneath us is a shaft with a ladder leading down to a circular area with a reservoir or catch basin into which sewage collects. The sewer tunnels branch off from there. I explored a little but Evard does not seem to be in the immediate area. There are a number of people down there though not in the immediate room below but ... young thug sorts, and a few who like the masks and dark cloaks ... remind me tailless versions of Predat here. Speaking of that? ... Predat, could you get the entrance?"


"Then if there are people down here, we should try to be as quiet as possible. I remember us managing to accidentally scare off those coyles in the tunnels a few months back. That sort of plan could work again." He looks around again at the area, "Considering the state of repair, I'd say this area was among the locations repaired after the dragon attack. No one group has laid claim to it, which is odd. I'd say some of the people down there won't care a jot about us as long as we do not interfere with their business. However, the lack of organised presence suggests to me that they are proactive about keeping this area out of anybody else's control. Certainly sounds like muscle down there, possibly traps as well."


Tyral wrote:Rising Tyral draws off his cloak, whispers for a few moments and with a flourish the and cloth floats before him like a table about a foot off the ground [Fly, 56 Min, -15PPE, PF 197], "Hop aboard Brago, you were not exactly built for ladders, perhaps you as well Durak? I can drop you below and return for Sil and Predat." Using the improvised magic carpet to silently travel down to the bottom of the ladder and deposit Brago and Durak (or whoever else wants to be first(?)), then rise back up and get the others, "We can travel silently this way, no splashing about."


Durak raises an eyebrow at Tyral's suggestion but says; that was almost polite for the elf. He actually bothered to fully explain something.

"I can handle a ladder, but.." he looks down at the entrance to the sewers, "I agree, lets keep it as quiet as possible. As I can see in the dark without the aid of magic, at least I won't set off anything they might have up to detect heavy magic use and we can try not to blunder in." He'd be happier if their normal muscle was around, but he'd seen Predat, Sil and Tyral in action, so he knew they could handle themselves. Steeling himself, he grabs hold of the cloak.

When he lands, he moves to one side to stay out of any line of sight. I see in the dark. Not unlikely that some of these might too. Durak keeps his weapons close in case of trouble as he checks the area over quickly in case of traps, hidden areas or other abnormalities. He had been working on repairing tunnels like these, so he would know if there was something unusual.



OOC Comments
All skills PASS - pick locks - critical success
Prowl 61% 1d100 = 50 keeping quiet and unnoticed
Detect Concealment & Traps 61% 1d100 = 43 checking the area
Underground Architecture 56% 1d100 = 54 anything unusual about the area and what areas might have room/capacity for hidden locations as not needed for
Locate Secret Compartments/Doors 76%1d100 = 27 checking the area
Pick Locks 71% 1d100 = 5 picking locks or disabling traps
Sense of Balance 66% 1d100 = 40 both in case there are any tight areas that require nimble footwork
Walk Tightrope 52% 1d100 = 38
Acrobatics means he has no fear of heights
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,

viewtopic.php?f=836&t=16296

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Predat » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:35 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 28 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 28 1d20 = 4

Conditions: Can see perfectly in total darkness; Completely invisible in darkness; impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness, Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness.

Predat smiles as he nimbly follows them down the sewer entrance, "Yep cramped as I remember. I've been down here many times, though I am by no means an expert, there are a few who basically live down here. I thought about finding them, but who knows who we can trust." Pre basically disappears in the darkness by almost turning to shadow, Damn, I love this armor. You guys might want to let me scout ahead, no one is going to see me and they are not likely to hear me either. If I find anything interesting I will double back. Pre pulls his dagger and keeps it at the ready. "Durak you should probably take the rear and watch our back and leave the mages in the middle. Just my suggestion." Let's see if Tryal is just an ass or a capable leader too.

Streetwise - 1d100 = 78 / 71% (If he recognizes where he is or anyone down here)
Detect Concealment/Traps - 1d100 = 33 / 72% (Obvious)
Detect Ambush - 1d100 = 75 / 82% (Obvious)
Intelligence - 1d100 = 77 / 73% (Analyzing everything, looking for potential lairs)
Prowl - 1d100 = 89 / 132% (Obvious)
Locate Secret Compartment/Doors - 1d100 = 44 / 62% (Obvious)
Track Humanoids - 1d100 = 44 / 72% (to see if this is a busy location and to see what he can see?)
Predat Tor

Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 68 / 68
S.D.C.: 128 / 161

Wearing his Shadow Armor: AR: 16 (21 in darkness); 400 SDC
-Can see perfectly in total darkness; is completely invisible in darkness; and is impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
All by the Lizard King himself!
:cheers:
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Silhouette » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:05 am

JIC: 1d20 = 15 1d100 = 7
Perc: 63% / 1d100 = 72

Prowl -- 82% / 1d100 = 9
-- Listening and Awareness -- 34% / 1d100 = 93
Lore: Culture & Customs (Eastern Territory) 37% / 1d100 = 13 (For understanding the nuances of those below ground.)
Streetwise -- 38% / 1d100 = 84 (Understanding any of the gangs and if they are mixed or noticing any specific markings that communicate direction's below ground. )
Security Systems -- 37% / 1d100 = 84 (To notice any kind of barricading or designs to fortify and which way they face.)

Silhouette skips along behind Tyral and Brago belying her unease at going into the sewers. She of course had tired of dungeons and tunnels and dragon's that reside in them and of course the very first filled with the dead. The place where dark magic's of Vladamir were wrought smelled of death, but you could defeat such foulness. The sewer smells, though...

Sighing Silhouette taps her arms and legs in a strange rhythmic dance checking that her various throwing daggers were in their paired place' at wrists and boots of her studded leather armor and the last her Lucky-Unlucky Dagger behind her chest piece as a last resort. She was glad and dismayed that she had taken Durak's queue to sidetrack and prepair properly upon departing the Bank. Glad to have a small barrier against the stench and her skin and dismayed because she likely could never wear this armor again once they returned.

Just stepping into the passages the rescue party had lost the battle as anything they mistakenly wore below would be permeated without a serious soaking to recover them. To the victor goes the spoils or vice versa...damnable sewer.

Pushing the special pouch at her side Tyral had given her into position Silhouette crouches at the threshold. Stored within the magic container was a filled waterskin, hammer, shovel, flint/steel, tinder, Moon Beams, two small sacks, four candles, three torches, some dried jerky, fruit, and brandy. The last not for drinking but a solvent and disenfectent to compliment magic bandages, a mirror, heavy blanket and rope to use together on an injured patient for warmth as much as to keep them from moving in pain while you fix them. Finally stored were an enchanted skull of knowledge and a more mundane one of a gobline to use with her scroll of flaming eyes should she need it.

At her belt a symbol of Aco hung, like one of the dolls so commonly given to children, still though a holy symbol against the crawling things of the night. Besides the black haired doll with white button eyes, a silver knife and stake would remind Tyral of their first battles against vampires, next to the two sheathed dwarven daggers several of the party also had in their possession.

Short bow in hand and a quiver of three dozen arrows tied to her back just visibly sticking out from under her shadowy cloak the dark skinned girl appears to have left her staff at the pier. Such a weapon was too unwieldy in close confines and the sewer was not likely dangerous enough to warrant the risk of losing it. She had no mind to dredge the muck in search of it. The bow would make a reasonable club if required and down a long passage an attacker would find challenge in dodging arrows.

Stepping onto Tyral's floating cloak she looks down into the hole unhappily with uncharacteristic silence as she thumbs the bow's grip. Something about the dark hole and the mob of people unsettled her she realizes,"How many of them were human's...?" Warily she whispers to Tyral not explaining her apparent concern.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 132/164 | I.S.P.: 24/58 | H.P.: 45(+5)/45 | S.D.C.:37(+20)/45
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Augur » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:47 am

Conditions:
Date: 5 May, 345
Time: 1316
Environment: Mixed light rain, smoke, and sunshine outside
Location: Werrington's House of Trade & Securities, Merchants' Guild House


Tyral floats down on a temporarily enchanted cloak. He's quickly followed by Durak and Sil who hitch rapid rides down on his floating cloak. Predat ignores his offer and simply climbs down the ladder. Brago whimpers softly as he descends, not at all pleased with having his paws off the ground, and thoroughly distressed by the noxious smells. Within a minute, the lot of them are standing upon a walkway of only moderately slimy stone that's about six feet wide. Tyral hangs in mid-air atop his hovering cloak. Tyral, Durak, and Predat all hear occasional splashes coming from the east as they gather at the bottom. There's a light source to the south somewhere that's helping to illuminate things, and the others can clearly see Sil silhouetted by the light.


GM NOTE: Check your inboxes for PMs!

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Tyral: -25 P.P.E.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4797
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Predat » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:32 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 4 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 100 1d20 = 7

Conditions: Can see perfectly in total darkness; Completely invisible in darkness; impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness, Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness.

Pre speaks quietly as his magical sight adjusts to the darkness. "Looks like there has been a lot of traffic through here recently. Sil you are going to make yourself a huge target down here. Which way?" I can't say much, if it wasn't for this armor I'd be using a torch like I use to. "Sounds like there are a few to the east?"
Predat Tor

Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 68 / 68
S.D.C.: 128 / 161

Wearing his Shadow Armor: AR: 16 (21 in darkness); 400 SDC
-Can see perfectly in total darkness; is completely invisible in darkness; and is impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
All by the Lizard King himself!
:cheers:
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Tyral » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:00 pm

Perception [71%]: 1d100 = 47
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 16
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 94

PPE: 204/229
SDC: 43/43
HP: 52/52

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [9 Days], Flying Cloak [55.00 Min]

Before Descent
Silhouette wrote:"How many of them were human's...?" Warily she whispers to Tyral not explaining her apparent concern.


"Couldn't rightly say Sil. All of those without hoods and masks were human, unsure of the others. There is some light down there, if it helps."

=====

Hovering on his carpet and seeing the humans advancing, Tyral coughs, "Sil? You want to throw these off?" he lets the flighty human off as desired then flies out towards the center of the water and up a bit (~4ft).

If any of the damnable street rat-humans move to attack, Tyral casts Fear [HF 16] (5 P.P.E., 20' diameter, 100' max distance, 9.00 Min) in the small area leading up to the entrance to the NE tunnel (i.e. not in this chamber but where they currently are) the humans are approaching through. *Brago my friend, why don't you go ahead and give them a scary growl?* The Wizard simply mentally moves the floating platform back out of the way (35 MPH/dodge) as needed.

APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20 = 17

1) Talk to Sil
2) Cast Fear [-5 PPE] as needed

Parry with Staff (as needed): 1d20+10 = 30, 1d20+10 = 27, 1d20+10 = 19, 1d20+10 = 29
Dodge (as needed): 1d20+4 = 18, 1d20+4 = 5, 1d20+4 = 10

==~==
BRAGO
Perception [40%]: 1d100 = 91
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 14
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 70

Conditions: HF 8, Nightvision: 40', Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral (600'), Enhanced Healing, Impervious to Natural Fire, Track by Smell 90%, Prowl 60%

Standing fiercely at Tyral's hip Brago bristles and growls a savage and guttural sound of menace.

APM: 4
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 7

1 / Growl/Attack if someone gets within biting distance of the Carpet Bite 1d20+6 = 24: 3d6+4 = 22
2 / Growl/Attack if someone gets within biting distance of the Carpet Bite 1d20+6 = 16: 3d6+4 = 13
3 / Growl/Attack if someone gets within biting distance of the Carpet Bite 1d20+6 = 9: 3d6+4 = 15

Dodge (as needed): 1d20+4 = 20
Last edited by Tyral on Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 52 / 52
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Durak » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:18 pm

Perception 50% 1d100 = 78
JIC 1d100 = 62 1d20 = 10

OOC Comments
what is generating the light?


Predat wrote:"Durak you should probably take the rear and watch our back and leave the mages in the middle. Just my suggestion." Let's see if Tryal is just an ass or a capable leader too.


"Happy to do that, Durak speaks quietly so only the group can hear. Before he moves to the suggested position, he stops and looks down the tunnel, something having caught his attention.
"We have three people coming in from the East passage that I can see." he tells the others to warn them.

Durak moves over to the side to stay out the light as much as possible. Predat's the muscle. Let him go first. Saw what he could do to the dragon.

OOC Comments
Prowl 61% 1d100 = 61

If attacked, Durak will hang back and throw Stonebiter - Aimed shots to avoid hitting the group
1d20+6 = 122d4+3 = 11
1d20+6 = 112d4+3 = 5
1d20+6 = 92d4+3 = 8

Parry
1d20+7 = 21
1d20+7 = 16
1d20+7 = 23
1d20+7 = 25
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,

viewtopic.php?f=836&t=16296

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Silhouette » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:50 am

Perc: 63% / 1d100 = 72
JIC: 1d20 = 6 1d100 = 49

Feeling to Silhouette as if she were standing teeter-totter on a plank each time the the flying cloak sways under the guidance of Tyral's command she finds it almost like sliding down a slope as it moves. Though not just the swaying felt odd, but as well the cloak had a squishy feeling in whole to stand upon. Soon she finds herself trying to test with light taps of her feet the kind of toeing one uses when standing amid muddy terrain to certify that indeed the earth below was solid enough to walk, if not fight from.

Looking back and and forth in the dark Silhouette's eyes take too much time to adjust from the daylight. In a tavern she might consider the torches a welcome softening of the blow of going from light to dark, but here they hinder the transition that her allies seem barely to suffer. Trying to listen in lieu of her eyes she fairs little better between the sniffing and blowing out of her nose from the acrid sewers stench.

A look of perplexion falls upon her dark face, visible through her leather helmet as Tyral suggests she "throw these off." A few moments of thought and with Durak supplying that they are coming she realizes he's talking about the humans before emitting a soft,"Ah..." Looking at their heads in the torch light she realizes east is, well the way they are each looking. Glancing to the other passages around them she finally answers Tyral,"Sure, I'll try something."

Looking to the ground for a moment she says,"Best if not all of us are up here, eggs and a basket, but watch for my need to ride again just in case." Carefully hopping down, directly Tyral to lower them if that seems prudent. Looking at the sewer wall she tries to discern a dry patch a mere second before considering to herself,"A nonchalant lean might not be likely in such muck..." Standing instead she shakes her body out in a worming dance to relax as the three approach while her hands put the bow across her lower back holding it there with a seeming effort at comfort. Her shadowy cloak soon ripples in hidden patterns of movement as she lightly bounces the bow on her leather clad behind betraying her ease.

As soon as she can hear the three people coming close to the lighting she calls out,"Well met! Before you draw weapons I have a proposal, but not of wedding or bedding!" Smiling she lets the form of her mouth carry into her voice beyond the concealing helm saying,"I have a bundle of dried fruit and meats enough for a week's rationing to the first one of you to tell me with proof, where my father was stolen off to?" Trying to impart charm into her manner she abruptly cuts off her question with a matter of fact clip that brooks no negotiation after she finishes saying,"And a sweeter deal of golden honey will follow if one of you will show us a way to sneak around that big mass of gangs down the way as we don't wish to hurt anyone there." Indicating the passage behind them with a forward lean of her body she waits patiently for their response though ready to defend herself should she have to.

Charm: 40% / 1d100 = 18(To be warm and receptive)
Invoke Trust: 70% / 1d100 = 80(To sound that she means what she promises.)

If combat:
Actions: 8
Init: 1d20+5 = 23
Parry w/bow: 1d20+11 = 23 1d20+11 = 18 1d20+11 = 18 1d20+11 = 18
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 132/164 | I.S.P.: 24/58 | H.P.: 45(+5)/45 | S.D.C.:37(+20)/45
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Predat » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:28 pm

Rolls as above

Conditions: Can see perfectly in total darkness; Completely invisible in darkness; impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness, Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness.

As the team warns him, Pre turns, growls (HF 13, assuming they see him?) and moves to intercept anyone who looks like they are going to get too close to his team. "Not going to happen fools." Maybe I'll use my left hand this time. Pre's blood starts pumping harder.

Intimidate: 1d100 = 19 / 80%

Init: 1d20+6 = 20
APM: 11

Attack 1: Strike the closest thug with his dagger. Strike: 1d20+13 = 20 Damage: 4d6+27 = 46
Attack 2: Strike the closest thug with his dagger. Strike: 1d20+13 = 20 Damage: 4d6+27 = 50
Attack 3: Strike the closest thug with his dagger. Strike: 1d20+13 = 23 Damage: 4d6+27 = 44
Attack 4: Strike the closest thug with his dagger. Strike: 1d20+13 = 29 Damage: 4d6+27 = 38
Attack 5: Strike the closest thug with his dagger. Strike: 1d20+13 = 28 Damage: 4d6+27 = 42
Attack 6: Strike the closest thug with his dagger. Strike: 1d20+13 = 32 CRIT Damage: 4d6+27 = 39 x2 = 78
Attack 7: Strike the closest thug with his dagger. Strike: 1d20+13 = 33 CRIT Damage: 4d6+27 = 33 x2 = 66
Attack 8: Strike the closest thug with his dagger. Strike: 1d20+13 = 29 Damage: 4d6+27 = 40
Attack 9: Strike the closest thug with his dagger. Strike: 1d20+13 = 28 Damage: 4d6+27 = 44
Attack 10: Strike the closest thug with his dagger. Strike: 1d20+13 = 24 Damage: 4d6+27 = 38
Attack 11: Strike the closest thug with his dagger. Strike: 1d20+13 = 22 Damage: 4d6+27 = 45

Parry: 1d20+14 = 34 1d20+14 = 21 1d20+14 = 15 1d20+14 = 29 1d20+14 = 16 1d20+14 = 26 1d20+14 = 32 1d20+14 = 33 1d20+14 = 20 1d20+14 = 34 1d20+14 = 25

Dodge (If necessary): 1d20+12 = 17 1d20+12 = 19 1d20+12 = 20 1d20+12 = 27 1d20+12 = 17 1d20+12 = 24 1d20+12 = 21 1d20+12 = 23 1d20+12 = 14 1d20+12 = 21 1d20+12 = 14
Predat Tor

Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 68 / 68
S.D.C.: 128 / 161

Wearing his Shadow Armor: AR: 16 (21 in darkness); 400 SDC
-Can see perfectly in total darkness; is completely invisible in darkness; and is impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
All by the Lizard King himself!
:cheers:
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Augur » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:26 am

Conditions:
Date: 5 May, 345
Time: 1317
Environment: Mixed light rain, smoke, and sunshine outside
Location: Werrington's House of Trade & Securities, Merchants' Guild House


Tyral hangs back, Brago at his side, ready to react appropriately. Durak shuffles father into the shadows to the north, possibly gaining a tactical advantage should things go pear-shaped. Silhouette leaps across the stream of sewage to the paved stones on the far side, calling out to the approaching men as she moves into position. "Well met! Before you draw weapons I have a proposal, but not of wedding or bedding! I have a bundle of..."

A low voice from behind the trio of rough-looking, and hungry men at the front directs them. "Seize that wench, and don't be stupid about it, she's armed."

As the team alerts Predat to the presence of the incoming group, Predat turns, growls, and moves to intercept the other group who are advancing towards his own group. "Not going to happen fools." He quickly moves in with his dagger exposed. There are three men, all look haggard and aggressive. One is armed with a dagger, another with a cudgel, and another has something inscrutable in each hand.
Image
The person behind them is wrapped in a dark, hooded robe, with only his eyes exposed. He has a sword at his hip, and some kind of long, narrow stick in one hand.
Image
As the others look on, Predat leaps into lethal action, one strike, maybe two, from the three ruffians is luckily timed and lands as he guts each of them with one, sometimes two vicious and powerful slashes of his magic dagger. The person in black behind them all raises the stick to his mouth and a second later Pre's blood feels like it's on fire. By the time Pre's gutted the last ruffian, the masked person is in with his short sword. The center can't hold. The masked figure gets in a single slash before he too is cleaved from navel to sternum in a gush of blood and gore. The whole area goes still, the only sound the light trickling of sewer water around them, and the sound of Pre's slightly elevated breathing from his brief burst of energetic activity. Predat turns around and he looks like an absolute monster. He's covered from head to toe in blood.

GM NOTE: Check your inboxes for PMs!

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Tyral: -25 P.P.E.
Predat: -44 S.D.C.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4797
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Tyral » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:50 pm

Perception [71%]: 1d100 = 58
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 7
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 51

PPE: 204/229
SDC: 43/43
HP: 52/52

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [9 Days], Flying Cloak [54.00 Min]

Tyral watches the savage dispatch of the ruffians with some slight sadness, *They made a rather foolish call. She tried to talk them out of ... well something I didn't catch much of the lie as blades were being pulled. Brago? Take a whiff of these fallen lads. Any of them smell like the Bank we just left? Our quarry spent alot of time there, so it's best to check.*

"Are you injured? ..." he inquires of the soldier-assassin (Predat) as the cloak rotates and he looks down each branch of the tunnels. If Predat confirms injury the Elf casts Heal Wounds without actually moving to touch him (-10 PPE, 3', Heals 3d6 = 11SDC, PFRPG, p.197), "that should allay any bleeding for now."

"Sil, you want to take a torch?"

==~==
BRAGO
Perception [40%]: 1d100 = 5
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 18
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 88

Conditions: HF 8, Nightvision: 40', Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral (600'), Enhanced Healing, Impervious to Natural Fire, Track by Smell 90%, Prowl 60%

Brago steps quetly from the cloak and pads over to the fallen bodies to sniff at the fallen street-rats then projects his findings back to Tyral as he resumes his seat on the floating platform.
Prowl 60%: 1d100 = 57
Track by Smell 90%: 1d100 = 72
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 52 / 52
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Predat » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:21 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 71 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 41 1d20 = 4

Conditions: Can see perfectly in total darkness; Completely invisible in darkness; impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness, Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness.

Pre comes down off his battle high, "Well they were stupid. Just attacking four individuals that climbed into the sewers without even asking for money first? Doesn't make a lot of sense." Pre nods to Tyral, "Yes, a bit of this blood is my own. Thanks." After the mage heals Pre a bit, Pre will search the attackers starting with the masked one first. Did someone know we were coming? He tosses their weapons in one pile, trinkets in another and any papers in another. If any of the dead has a semi clean piece of clothing he will use it to clean himself off a bit. "Be wary, some of these bastards are using poison that burns the blood."

Detect Concealment - 1d100 = 4 / 72%
Predat Tor

Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 68 / 68
S.D.C.: 128 / 161

Wearing his Shadow Armor: AR: 16 (21 in darkness); 400 SDC
-Can see perfectly in total darkness; is completely invisible in darkness; and is impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
All by the Lizard King himself!
:cheers:
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Durak » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:09 am

Perception 50% 1d100 = 79
1d20 = 19 1d100 = 34

Durak doesn't even get a chance to throw Stonebiter before Predat butchers the four people.

"Well that didn't take long for us to start killing everybody," Durak shrugs, as he shakes his head at how quickly violence had started, "wish you'd left one alive to interrogate though."

Predat wrote:Well they were stupid. Just attacking four individuals that climbed into the sewers without even asking for money first? Doesn't make a lot of sense." Pre nods to Tyral, "Yes, a bit of this blood is my own. Thanks." After the mage heals Pre a bit, Pre will search the attackers starting with the masked one first. Did someone know we were coming? He tosses their weapons in one pile, trinkets in another and any papers in another. If any of the dead has a semi clean piece of clothing he will use it to clean himself off a bit. "Be wary, some of these bastards are using poison that burns the blood."


"poison eh," Durak cocks his head, as he ponders that piece of information, "don't normally use that if you are planning generally to mug somebody. Seems a trifle overkill for a bunch of thugs.

He goes through the items, specifically the papers, for anything that might hint these were more than just random thugs

"Any sign of anybody else coming down the tunnel?" he asks, before looking at the weapons "anybody checking the weapons or items if they have anything magical. be interesting to see if they have anything above what we'd expect."

OOC Comments
Intelligence 40% 1d100 = 58 make sense of any evidence he might find
Streetwise 56% 1d100 = 29 any signs of whom they have allegiance to?
Underground Sense of Direction 66% 1d100 = 80 Any air currents or anything to suggest another route to take
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,

viewtopic.php?f=836&t=16296

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Silhouette » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:08 am

JIC: 1d20 = 31d100 = 77
Perc: 63% / 1d100 = 37

Prowl: 82% / 1d100 = 37
-- Listening and Awareness -- 34% / 1d100 = 79

The words she was speaking drift off Silhouette's tongue haplessly into the air to die as the men suddenly charge and like her words they too drift off to their own demise. Stone still she gapes at the mess she can barely see in the dark awe creeping into her widening eyes. Struck by the moment she stammers,"You... They..."

Stomping a crunching boot in sudden motion she hisses out quiet curse,"They could have talked with me first!"

Tyral wrote:"Sil, you want to take a torch?"


Snorting either to clear her nose fruitlessly of the sewers stench or in dismissing her attention on the massacre the changeling turns to glance back at the flaming sticks her consideration a moment,"To see or not to see..."

Falling back toward the torches she answers in a low voice,"If I'm going to carry this, why not light the area and be over it?" She knew why, they didn't know how far they would be traveling and anyway, it screams mage..." Immediately she answers ahead of Tyral,"Ah, ah." Stopping him she complains as if the elf knew what she was thinking as she finishes,"I know, I know. I'll get it... And be bait most likely."

Durak wrote:Wish you'd left one alive to interrogate though."


Nodding as if the dwarf were paying attention to her Silhouette thinks the same answering the Durak lowly,"Even half-alive would have been fine..." Looking to the mess again she winces realizing,"I never would wish to tangle with...whatever your people are.

Gesturing to the others she makes toward the east saying silently as she leans into the darkness,"Poison is not cheap either. No common thug will waist a months meals on strangers..."

A low whisper forms the words on her lips as Silhouette cloaks herself in Chameleon magic (-7 PPE).

Contingencies:
If she hears a small number like before coming and reasonably thinks they haven't seen her walking along she will hold the torch angled against the wall as if it were in a sconce and flatten herself against the wall. If she thinks they likely have because it was a direct LOS and not around a corner she will throw the torch ahead of her and push against the wall and slowly crouch letting the spell take effect ready to cast Armor of Ithan on herself if any eyes and heads turn down towards her.

If it is a large number a 5+ she will immediately cast Armor of Ithan on herself ready to counter any attackers with Blinding Flash while pulling back defensively.


Active:
Sixth Sense
Range: Self or within 90 feet (of a friend or close ally).
Duration: Until the danger passes or happens. Bonuses apply only to the first melee round of the attack from the source of the sensed danger.
I.S.P.: 2
Saving Throw: None.
The Sixth Sense is a power that gives the psychic a precognitive flash of imminent danger to himself or somebody near him (within 90 feet/27.4 m). The character will not know what the danger is or where it will come from, nor who it will be directed at when in a group. All he knows is that something life threatening will happen within the next 60 seconds (4 melees) The Sixth Sense is triggered automatically, without the consent of the psychic. whenever his life is in great peril or the life of somebody he greatly cares about (friend, partner, loved one, etc.). The Sixth Sense is only triggered by an unexpected, life threatening event (a trap or ambush is within 90 feet/27.4 m or a flash flood is rushing his way) which IS already set into motion and will happen any second. The power can not be called upon at will to sense for traps or ambush. Instead, it works like an automatic reflex. If the character has used all his I.S.P. the Sixth Sense is temporarily rendered inoperative.
Bonuses: The sudden rush of insight provides the following bonuses (bonuses apply only to the first initial melee (15 seconds) when the attack actually occurs. Bonuses are lost in subsequent melee rounds after the danger is revealed.
Bonuses: +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.
Chameleon
Range: Self or others by touch.
Duration: Four minutes (16 melee rounds) per level of experience.
Savings Throw: None
P.P.E.: 6 (7)
This spell enables the affected person to seemingly alter the color and pattern of his clothes and physical body, enabling him to blend into the surrounding environment. Movement destroys the effectiveness of this magic.
90% undetectable if unmoving.
70% undetectable if moving 2 feet per melee round or slower.
20% undetectable if moving 6 feet (1.8 m) per melee round.
Totally ineffective if moving any faster.


Init: 1d20+5 = 8
Actions: 8
JIC: Parry vs melee: 1d20+11 = 28 1d20+11 = 13
JIC: Dodge vs ranged: 1d20+9 = 28 1d20+9 = 15
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 132/164 | I.S.P.: 24/58 | H.P.: 45(+5)/45 | S.D.C.:37(+20)/45
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Predat » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:10 pm

Rolls as above

Pre nods as he goes through the belongings, "Agreed. If any of them are foolish enough to attack us like that again, I will do my best to take one or two alive." He looks up, "We should scout down the tunnel that they came from?"
Predat Tor

Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 68 / 68
S.D.C.: 128 / 161

Wearing his Shadow Armor: AR: 16 (21 in darkness); 400 SDC
-Can see perfectly in total darkness; is completely invisible in darkness; and is impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
All by the Lizard King himself!
:cheers:
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Augur » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:34 pm

Conditions:
Date: 5 May, 345
Time: 1318
Environment: Mixed light rain, smoke, and sunshine outside
Location: Werrington's House of Trade & Securities, Merchants' Guild House


The group chats in low voices as they go about their business. Tyral remains seated atop his floating cloak. Brago steps from the cloak and splashes into the sewage. He looks back at Tyral almost accusingly and lets out a low whine. He then pads over to the fallen bodies and sniff at them. He then resumes sloshes a bit more quietly back to the floating cloak and jumps atop it, fouling it with the disgusting stench of the collective bile, urine, blood, and feces of the Sprawl. Predat cleans his dagger off on a not so terribly foul patch of cloak, sheathes it, then checks the bodies along with Durak. None of them have any belongings of value, even their weapons are either very crudely made, or else improvised. One of the young ruffians had a homemade garrote tucked in his waistband, the only item of even remote interest among the lot. The bastard that hit Predat with the poison, however, his short sword, though of unextraordinary quality, is well-kept and sharp, but the hollow tube in the sewage beside his dead hand is actually of interest. A shattered vial of ocher-colored paste, now contaminated by the sewage seems likely to have been the source of the fire that seared Pre's veins, and the dead fellow's clothes are finer, and of jet black material in contrast with that of the ruffians' street rags. Durak finds not a scrap of paper among their possessions which surprises him not in the least as literacy was far less common in the sprawl than lice. Durak strongly suspects the ruffians to be deterrents meant to keep away the curious, and the dead man in black to be some sort of overseer or director of the thugs all things considered. Sil edges her way towards the east a bit, and grabs a torch from a sconce on her left.

Sil, check your inbox.

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Tyral: -35 P.P.E.
Predat: -33 S.D.C.
Sil: -7 P.P.E.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4797
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Durak » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:52 pm

Perception: 50% 1d100 = 68
JIC 1d100 = 82 1d20 = 8

Durak holds up the garotte, dangling it from his gloved fingers.

"Well, this is interesting," Durak scowls at the object, "tsk, what poor craftsmanship." He waves Stonebiter at the corpses.

"Nasty bunch of scrotes this lot were, but common to the area. Don't appear to be part of any particular gang, though if they are tatted up, I can live without strip searching them to find that, especially down here. Wouldn't surprise me to find a body or two in amongst the sewerage. Considering they went straight for us and had no interest in listening to whatever concoction Sil had come up with, I would say the outer ring of defenses.

He looks down the corridor and sighs; more violence. Why couldn't they find a nice book for him to read.

"Probably goes without saying, but anybody we meet now is probably a foe and probably be tougher than these scrotes."
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,

viewtopic.php?f=836&t=16296

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Tyral » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:35 am

Perception [71%]: 1d100 = 44
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 11
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 56

PPE: 194/229
SDC: 43/43
HP: 52/52

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [9 Days], Flying Cloak [53.00 Min]

Tyral casts Cleanse on the Wolf with his return to the floating platform [-6 PPE] to resolve his canine soiling, and that of the cloak itself.

He then floats out above the intersection and towards each hallway in-turn to see as much as he can from this room (OOC: this was missed last GM post, so redoing).

*Did you find anything from the bodies? Or did Predat wreck them up too much?* he inquires of now-clean Brago.

==~==
BRAGO
Perception [40%]: 1d100 = 6
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 16
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 44

Conditions: HF 8, Nightvision: 40', Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral (600'), Enhanced Healing, Impervious to Natural Fire, Track by Smell 90%, Prowl 60%
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 52 / 52
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Predat » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:58 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 22 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 70 1d20 = 16

Conditions: Can see perfectly in total darkness; Completely invisible in darkness; impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness, Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness.

Pre just nods to Durak, "Good assessment and remember my contact said someone was recruiting gather local toughs. They didn't know why though. The poison someone who generally knows what they are doing. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next." Panath take these fools as an offering! I'll try to find you something better. "What next? You want me to scout up the tunnel they came from to see what I can see?"
Predat Tor

Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 68 / 68
S.D.C.: 128 / 161

Wearing his Shadow Armor: AR: 16 (21 in darkness); 400 SDC
-Can see perfectly in total darkness; is completely invisible in darkness; and is impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
All by the Lizard King himself!
:cheers:
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Silhouette » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:11 am

JIC: 1d20 = 4 1d100 = 92

Perc: 63% /1d100 = 26

Persistent effects: Chameleon; Infrared Vision; (infrared see's through Smoke)
Passive: Sixth Sense

The words of her fellows drift across the sludge filled basin unheard as she focuses her attention to the feet pattering toward her in the sewers dark. Her gut desire was to call out, let them know more were coming, but prudence was that she was concealed as she thought,"Time to do my own part..." Her voice would possibly alert them, even if such magic as hers was unknown to them the enemy would look and maybe see her.

Whispering words of magic Silhouette peers into the darkness straining her eyes to see what was coming. A light covers her eyes, but not of the torches resting above and beside her on the wall. A light both red and orange as if her lids were shut and she were to stare seeing the blood vessels and flesh in between glow from the sun warming her face. A moment after the forms change into humanoid definition, their core bodies brighter toward yellow than the world around in warm and darker blues.

It was unlike anything she knew as the stratified shades of light and dark of the sewer form into one like an artist's pallet dominant with red, yellow, and blues. The unliving stone, cool polluted waters, and metals were brushes strokes of blues like variations of glacial ice. Where the bleeding, the men with heart's beating, legs pumping to carry them forward were paints of warm reds at their cores and and yellow greens like the beginning of the autumnal season. (-6 PPE infrared Vision)

As the men come into proximity Silhouette realizes,"They might not see them in time, another poison dart into the wrong person would be..." Shrugging she realizes,"Forget them, you don't want a dart in you!" The forsaken mage whispers more words to cast a spell that would be warning enough to her allies and an effect her enemies would find startling as she creates an effect on the eyes now like staring into the sun unprotected. A flash of blinding light. (-1 PPE Blinding Flash)

Following the Flash she will cast Cloud of Smoke on her position, enveloping the torches to cover them and herself in obscuring swirling blackness, taking visibility away from her enemies as her allies could see well enough on their own. Able to see through the cloud of smoke with her enhanced vision, Silhouette will body flip any enemies who stumble towards her into the cloud into the watery avenues between the walkways. (-2 PPE Cloud of Smoke)

Infrared Vision (Adventure Award)
(Level 2 Combat Magic - Mercenary Adventures pg 9)
Range: Self; Visual Range of 500ft (152m)
Duration: 5min per/level
Save: NA
P.P.E. 5(6)
Provides the character with the ability to see heat patterns in the infrared spectrum in a manner identical to mechanical thermal imaging optics. The vision enables the mage to see thermal patterns through thin material like thin walls (wood, S.D.C., brick, drywall, etc.), light body armor and clothing, foliage, most S.D.C. materials under four inches (10 cm) thick and light M.D.C. material (half an inch or less), but is unable to see through more than an inch (2.5 cm) of dirt or a foot (0.3 m) of water or heavy reinforced M.D.C. structures (walls, armor, concrete, etc).


Blinding Flash (Purchased)
Range: 10 feet (3 m) radius; up to 60 feet (18.3 m) away.
Duration: Instant
Saving Throw: Standard
P.P.E.: One
This invocation creates a sudden burst of intense, white light, temporarily blinding everyone in its ten foot (3 m) radius. Victims are blinded for 1D4 melee rounds, with a penalty of -5 to strike, and -10 to parry and dodge. The chance of falling is 1-50% per every 10 feet (3 m) traveled. The saving throw is standard, so those who successfully save vs magic are not blinded. Note: Does not affect bionic or cybernetic eyes.


Cloud of Smoke (Chargen)
Range: 90 feet (27.4 m)
Duration: 4 melee rounds per level of experience.
Saving Throw: None
P.P.E: Two
This magic enables the arcanist to create a cloud of dense, black smoke (30x30x30 foot maximum size) up to ninety feet (27.4 m) away. Victims caught in the cloud will be unable to see anything beyond it, and their vision is impaired; they can see no more than three feet (0.9 m) in front of them (and those images are only blurry shapes unless within one foot/0.3 m). While in the cloud, victims will be -5 to strike, and -9 to parry and dodge.


Combat:
Actions 8
Init: 1d20+5 = 19

Persistent effects: Infrared Vision; Chameleon
Passive: Sixth Sense

Note:Parries are done with Bow(+2 parry)

Action 1: Cast Infrared Vision (-6 PPE)
Action 2: Cast Blinding Flash (-1 PPE)
Action 3: (Cloud of Smoke (-2 PPE)
Action 4: Body-Flip Throw anyone who enters the cloud of smoke into canal: 1d20+6 = 7 JIC Parry: 1d20+12 = 24 JIC if a ranged weapon is used Dodge: 1d20+9 = 28
Action 5: Body-Flip Throw anyone who enters the cloud of smoke into canal: 1d20+6 = 21 JIC Parry: 1d20+12 = 32 JIC if a ranged weapon is used Dodge: 1d20+9 = 14
Action 6: Body-Flip Throw anyone who enters the cloud of smoke into canal: 1d20+6 = 8 JIC Parry: 1d20+12 = 17 JIC if a ranged weapon is used Dodge: 1d20+9 = 10
Action 7: Body-Flip Throw anyone who enters the cloud of smoke into canal: 1d20+6 = 16 JIC Parry: 1d20+12 = 31 JIC if a ranged weapon is used Dodge: 1d20+9 = 14
Action 8: Body-Flip Throw anyone who enters the cloud of smoke into canal:1d20+6 = 8 JIC Parry: 1d20+12 = 23 JIC if a ranged weapon is used Dodge: 1d20+9 = 21
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 132/164 | I.S.P.: 24/58 | H.P.: 45(+5)/45 | S.D.C.:37(+20)/45
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Tyral » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:40 pm

ROLLS CARRIED OVER

PPE: 194/229
SDC: 43/43
HP: 52/52

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [9 Days], Flying Cloak [53.00 Min]

Tyral notes the Jungle-Girl heading down the Northeast tunnel and opts to float over to check the other two hallways (South and West).
*** If there is are any opponents incoming from down the South or West, Tyral will drop a Cloud of Slumber in each Tunnel that holds visible enemies [Cloud of Slumber (-6 P.P.E., 90', 36 melees, Cloud Size: 20'x20'x20')]

APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20 = 1

1. Cast Cloud of Slumber if South or West tunnels have opponents [-6 PPE] (as needed)
2. Cast Cloud of Slumber if South or West tunnels have opponents [-6 PPE] (as needed)

Parry [+10]: 1d20+10 = 21, 1d20+10 = 15, 1d20+10 = 12, 1d20+10 = 18

Parrying Projectiles
"Normally a character is -10 to parry and dodge projectile weapons" this is in the context of the Longbowman OCC having a comparative bonus reducing the penalty to only -3. PFRPG Pg 84.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 52 / 52
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Augur » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:08 pm

Conditions:
Date: 5 May, 345
Time: 1319
Environment: Mixed light rain, smoke, and sunshine outside
Location: Werrington's House of Trade & Securities, Merchants' Guild House


Ambient noises of the sewer. (Play & listen as you read.)

Durak waves Stonebiter at the corpses. "Nasty bunch of scrotes this lot were, but common to the area. Don't appear to be part of any particular gang, though if they are tatted up, I can live without strip searching them to find that, especially down here. Wouldn't surprise me to find a body or two in amongst the sewerage. Considering they went straight for us and had no interest in listening to whatever concoction Sil had come up with, I would say the outer ring of defenses. Probably goes without saying, but anybody we meet now is probably a foe and probably be tougher than these scrotes."

Pre nods to Durak, "Good assessment and remember my contact said someone was recruiting gather local toughs. They didn't know why though. The poison someone who generally knows what they are doing. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next. What next? You want me to scout up the tunnel they came from to see what I can see?"

Tyral casts cleanse on his wolf with his return to the floating platform, then floats out above the intersection and towards each hallway in-turn. Did you find anything from the bodies? Or did Predat wreck them up too much? Brago looks over to him and droops his head in a behavior Tyral's come to learn indicates disinterest or failure to find anything interesting. Looking himself, he sees only open, mostly unobstructed passageways to the south and to the west.

Whispering words of magic, Silhouette peers into the darkness to the west. There are a pair of footpads approaching at an amble. She can just hear them over the ambient noise of the sewer. One is talking to the other about a shank of roast lamb he was able to pilfer last night in a quick smash and grab near Tusker's Den. The other is grumbling about his own poor luck having only had a beet and a few parsnips since yesterday. Sil casts a blinding flash amid them near the extent of her range to do so, then follows it up with another quick incantation which shrouds her in smoke.

The first voice shouts: "Oy! Jethral! What the blazes was that!"

The second voice, presumably Jethral: "Dunno! Fire? There's smoke ahead!"

Everyone, check your inbox.

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Tyral: -41 P.P.E.
Predat: -33 S.D.C.
Sil: -16 P.P.E.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4797
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Tyral » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:45 pm

Perception [71%]: 1d100 = 26
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 10
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 47

PPE: 188/229
SDC: 43/43
HP: 52/52

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [9 Days], Flying Cloak [52.00 Min]

Tyral notes the approach of 2 men down the Western hallway and floats their direction until they are 90ft away so he can drop a Cloud of Slumber [Cloud of Slumber (-6 P.P.E., 90', 36 melees, Cloud Size: 20'x20'x20')] on them. He then floats backwards and says to Predat and the Dwarf, "Two more over here, and a doorway by the torches off to the Southwest."

The Wizard will parry as needed with his staff to protect himself.

APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20 = 14

1. Cast Cloud of Slumber on 2 men at max range in West tunnel [-6 PPE] (as needed)
2. Warn others

Parry [+10]: 1d20+10 = 19, 1d20+10 = 21, 1d20+10 = 28, 1d20+10 = 15
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 52 / 52
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Predat » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:21 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 90 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 72 1d20 = 18

Conditions: Can see perfectly in total darkness; Completely invisible in darkness; impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness, Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness.

Pre nods to Tyral and sheathes his dagger. Maybe I'll just try fist and claw this time, might be able to just knock them out. Pre moves over by the laddder and waits for anyone to enter. He will just use nonlethal force and punch hoping to knock them out. If they go down or surrender he will immediately stop. If someone enters he will say "Throw down you weapons and just give up." He won't attack unless they attack him or a teammate, but he will intercept them if they run.

Attack 1. With fists. Strike: 1d20+10 = 15; Damage: 2d4+27 = 35
Attack 2. With fists. Strike: 1d20+10 = 25; Damage: 2d4+27 = 34
Attack 3. With fists. Strike: 1d20+10 = 12; Damage: 2d4+27 = 32
Attack 4. With fists. Strike: 1d20+10 = 24; Damage: 2d4+27 = 31
Attack 5. With fists. Strike: 1d20+10 = 24; Damage: 2d4+27 = 31
Attack 6. With fists. Strike: 1d20+10 = 15; Damage: 2d4+27 = 34
Attack 7. With fists. Strike: 1d20+10 = 25; Damage: 2d4+27 = 32
Attack 8. With fists. Strike: 1d20+10 = 14; Damage: 2d4+27 = 30
Attack 9. With fists. Strike: 1d20+10 = 14; Damage: 2d4+27 = 29
Attack 10. With fists. Strike: 1d20+10 = 18; Damage: 2d4+27 = 31
Attack 11. With fists. Strike: 1d20+10 = 12; Damage: 2d4+27 = 31

Parry: 1d20+11 = 22 1d20+11 = 31 1d20+11 = 22 1d20+11 = 13 1d20+11 = 22 1d20+11 = 24 1d20+11 = 15 1d20+11 = 15 1d20+11 = 16 1d20+11 = 18 1d20+11 = 13

Dodges if Necessary: 1d20+12 = 24 1d20+12 = 19 1d20+12 = 30
Predat Tor

Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 68 / 68
S.D.C.: 128 / 161

Wearing his Shadow Armor: AR: 16 (21 in darkness); 400 SDC
-Can see perfectly in total darkness; is completely invisible in darkness; and is impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
All by the Lizard King himself!
:cheers:
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Durak » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:14 pm

Perception: 50% 1d100 = 2
JIC 1d100 = 24 1d20 = 3

As Durak can see the flashes of light from the other passage, he twirls Stonebiter and moves to a better position to observe the other passageway in case anybody else comes down. He crouches against the wall, as he keeps his view from low down to make it difficult to spot him.

Tyral wrote:"Two more over here, and a doorway by the torches off to the Southwest."


"You two back Sil up," he suggests, "I will maintain watch on the other passage. Make sure we are not flanked."

Already had one group come down here. Hopefully no more, but you never know.

OOC Comments
Prowl 61% 1d100 = 43
Initiative 1d20+1 = 12
APM 6
In case of attack, Durak will take aimed shots
1d20+6 = 25 2d4+3 = 11
1d20+6 = 20 2d4+3 = 5
1d20+6 = 12 2d4+3 = 6

Parry JIC
1d20+7 = 21
1d20+7 = 27
1d20+7 = 21
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,

viewtopic.php?f=836&t=16296

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Silhouette » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:01 am

JIC: 1d20 = 1 1d100 = 97
Perc: 63%/ 1d100 = 32
Listening and Awareness -- 34% /1d100 = 4


Persistent effects: Chameleon; Cloud of Smoke, Infrared Vision; (infrared see's through Smoke)
Passive: Sixth Sense

The world through her new eyes was alien but even so the frame's of the living stood out like blooming flowers in snow. Silhouette wondering at the sight thinks,"The living are such an odd spread of color, almost joyful on a relief with the cooler sewers. While the..." Glancing over her shoulder to where Durak and Tyral's voices could be heard with Predat's deathly continence answering them back Silhouette finds herself in shock of the scene. Light blue smears the darker navy of the walls in a canvas of dying warmth losing to the consuming chill. Blood sprayed from erupted veins spreads in a pool below the cut-purses like a petal opening wide to signal the bee,"Here is the nectar of life." It calls.

Head wilting on her neck Silhouette turns in shock back to peering down the passage at the startled and staggered pair of men. She had little concern for the lives of humans, especially of the kind who would likely cage her and abuse her for fear of the dark as she had been made example of in her past. Yet, for her part in hearing their simple woes of hunger and the price of the lives spent now dripping into the sewers running canal behind her, Silhouette's mind changes from simply letting the big green one handle them the same,"Maybe these two will hear words more favorably than swords?"

Tilting her chin to her companions she talks at her shoulder though she is squared facing the two men not so distant now as she emphasizes for her allies,"Hold your hands from blades FRIENDS." Calming the two men before her she continues as if she had said the former words for them,"You are correct, it is fire and smoke. I dropped my lamp and it is now merely this cloud failing its purpose to see not but once, but twice."

Smiling from her phrasing, it reminds her of a book she read at the Llorn library as she proudly goes on,"I cannot see you, but I did hear you speak sadly of being hungry. I have plenty of food in my bag to feast for several days and wine to succor thirst." Wincing the shadow, smoke, and darkness doesn't hide the sound of her biting her lip at that last few words. "Succor? Really, as if you could not have said any other word, like slake, quench, wet." Shaking her head in self recrimination she adds,"Brandy. A whole bottle and nuts and meat together and all I need in payment is for the both of you to answer a question.

Invoke Trust: 70% / 1d100 = 84

"Where can I find the Boss who is hiring men that wear all black?" A moment passes before she adds,"I think I would look good all in black..." Waiting nervously her thumb rubs against the bow's guard in her hand as her mind goes on,"Please, please, please..." Hoping that the walls could remain yet clear of the growing garden of flowers behind her.

Init: 1d20+5 = 7
Actions 8:
JIC parry in melee: 1d20+11 = 28 1d20+11 = 30
JIC Dodge vs ranged: 1d20+9 = 25 1d20+9 = 16
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 132/164 | I.S.P.: 24/58 | H.P.: 45(+5)/45 | S.D.C.:37(+20)/45
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Augur » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:49 pm

Conditions:
Date: 5 May, 345
Time: 1320
Environment: Mixed light rain, smoke, and sunshine outside
Location: Werrington's House of Trade & Securities, Merchants' Guild House


Ambient noises of the sewer. (Play & listen as you read.)

Tyral notes the approach of men down the western passage, turns in his seat, and casts Cloud of Slumber on them. They both cough a few times, then fall unconscious on the hard stone of the sewer's walkway. He casually leans to one side and mutters to Predat and Durak, "Two more over here, and a doorway by the torches off to the Southwest."

Pre moves over by the ladder and gets a look at two scrawny thugs cursing from the sudden bright light, then collapsing to the ground.

Glancing over her shoulder to where Durak and Tyral's voices can be heard, Silhouette finds herself in shock of the scene. She then feels a slight but sudden prick of pain in her neck. She instinctively swats at the pain, and dislodges a small object which vanishes into the sewage nearby. She begins to feel very fatigued, like she could use a solid ten hours rest on a huge bed of fluffy pillows filled with goose down. She was about to say something, had a deceptive plan in mind, but it's all lost in the cloud of...the idea of clouds reminds her of pillows, and her eyes begin to get very heavy. She leans against the wall to her left and her chin is on her chest before she even realizes it, and she finds herself drowsing.

Durak suggests to the others, "You two back Sil up. I will maintain watch on the other passage. Make sure we are not flanked." He then notices that Sil seems to be asleep standing up. Her eyes aren't open, her chin is resting on her chest, and she's ever so slowly sliding down the wall on which she's leaned. There's no sign of anything moving down the southern passage beyond the squeaks and scurrying of rats.

Everyone, check your inbox.

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Tyral: -47 P.P.E.
Predat: -33 S.D.C.
Sil: -16 P.P.E.; -10% to skills & speed, -3 to initiative, ranged attacks at -2 to strike; 70% chance per melee when not engaged in combat will fall asleep for the next 7 melee rounds
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4797
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Tyral » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:00 am

Perception [71%]: 1d100 = 86
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 12
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 85

PPE: 182/229
SDC: 43/43
HP: 52/52

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [9 Days], Flying Cloak [51.00 Min]

The Elf regrips his staff as Silhouette seems to vanish (Chameleon + Smoke), and he waves to Predat, "Can you check North hall? I believe there are doors on both sides."

Intelligence 80%: 1d100 = 91

*Need Durak up here, but calling out his name may be a problem ...* "Hey, Beard-Brigade, we have a door on the south wall that appears to be locked. You wanna check it?"

Tyral watches as best he can to back up Durak (assuming the Dwarf comes up), and directs Brago, *Watch Predat. Let me know if he is attacked from behind.* If Durak opens the door and multiple enemies are revealed, Tyral will cast Cloud of Slumber again inside the room [Cloud of Slumber (-6 P.P.E., 90', 36 melees, Cloud Size: 20'x20'x20')]. If this is unsuccessful the Wizard will cast Slam on anyone who appears to resist the sleepy-cloud (or on one of Predat's surviving opponents if anyone lives that long).

The Wizard will parry as needed with his staff to protect himself.

APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20 = 6

1. Cast Cloud of Slumber [-6 PPE] (as needed)
2. Slam (L2, 5 PPE, 135ft, 1d6*10 = 20 SDC, 17 to Dodge (RWP, or lose Initiative & 2 Actions), MA Pg 10)

Parry [+10]: 1d20+10 = 30, 1d20+10 = 26, 1d20+10 = 22, 1d20+10 = 18, 1d20+10 = 16
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 52 / 52
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Durak » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:50 pm

Perception: 50% 1d100 = 25
JIC 1d100 = 33 1d20 = 1

From his vantage point, Durak glances down passageways; in front of him, Predat, Sil and Tyral were taking care of business, but he did not want anybody sneaking up on them; two passages had had thugs coming out of them. The likelihood that the third would seems high.

Tyral wrote: "Hey, Beard-Brigade, we have a door on the south wall that appears to be locked. You wanna check it?"


We have to work on the names Duraks sighs and twirls Stonebiter before getting to work.

"On my way Pointy stick," Durak responds, as he moves over to the door Tyral mentions, but he does not do quickly, taking his time to check as he did for traps and concealed panels and doors. Provided that there are none to be found, he reaches inside his leather apron and retrieves a set of lockpicks.

"Pointy stick, Flighty," Durak whispers loudly to them, "any sign of anything magical on the door?"

Assuming he is told no, he gets to work on the door if it requires unlocking, but checking it carefully first to ensure nothing happens if he goes to work on it.

OOC Comments
Locate Secret Compartments/Doors 76% 1d100 = 18 checking as he moves in
Pick Locks 71% 1d100 = 25 disabling lock on door
Pick Locks 71% 1d100 = 82 disabling any traps
Detect Concealment & Traps 61% 1d100 = 79 find traps enroute to door
Detect Concealment & Traps 61% 1d100 = 96 find traps on door
Prowl 61% 1d100 = 62


Combat
OOC Comments
Just in case
Durak will try to get some distance first
Number of Attacks: 6
initiative 1d20+1 = 17

Aimed shots
1d20+6 = 18 2d4+3 = 10
1d20+6 = 17 2d4+3 = 8
1d20+6 = 18 2d4+3 = 6

Melee
1d20+5 = 10 2d4+8 = 14+1d6 = 5
1d20+5 = 16 2d4+8 = 13+1d6 = 6

Parry 1d20+7 = 22
1d20+7 = 16
1d20+7 = 18
1d20+7 = 22
1d20+7 = 10
1d20+7 = 15

Dodge
1d20+5 = 20
1d20+5 = 22
1d20+5 = 12
1d20+5 = 25
1d20+5 = 25
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,

viewtopic.php?f=836&t=16296

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Predat » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:22 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 16 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 18 1d20 = 19

Conditions: Can see perfectly in total darkness; Completely invisible in darkness; impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness, Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness.

Predat nods at Tyral's request and he moves to go up the north passage that the mage indicated, "Sure." Nice, took two down with a spell. He might be useful after all. Where in the Abyss did Sil go? Pre moves up the hallway quietly as a shadow and just as unnoticeable. He checks the doors assuming he sees nothing else. I love this armor.

Detect Concealment/Traps - 1d100 = 85 / 72% (the doors)
Detect Ambush - 1d100 = 47 / 82% (Obvious)
Intelligence - 1d100 = 16 / 73% (Analyzing everything, looking for potential lairs)
Prowl - 1d100 = 92 / 132% (Obvious)
Locate Secret Compartment/Doors - 1d100 = 19 / 62% (Obvious)
Track Humanoids - 1d100 = 56 / 72% (to see if this is a busy location and to see what he can see?)
Pick Locks - 1d100 = 1 / 117% (doors)
Predat Tor

Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 68 / 68
S.D.C.: 128 / 161

Wearing his Shadow Armor: AR: 16 (21 in darkness); 400 SDC
-Can see perfectly in total darkness; is completely invisible in darkness; and is impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
All by the Lizard King himself!
:cheers:
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Silhouette » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:20 am

JIC: 1d20 = 3 1d100 = 61
Perception: 78% / 1d100 = 92
Listen and Awareness: 44% / 1d100 = 67(Listening for her nearby enemy.)

Realizing as soon as the object’s biting effect nips her skin that a swelling sense of listlessness fatigue is carrying away her will, Silhouette’s mind and body fight back as her feet move her several paces toward her allies. Around the needle’s painful mark follows a feeling of heat like the warmth of a hard slap, begins to chase behind the toxin consuming and eradicating it as an invading enemy negating the intruding poison. (Impervious to Poison -4 ISP)

Breathing inward Silhouette pulls her drooping chin upward, forcing her attention outward searching as she thought,”One of the men in black.” She wouldn’t let him so easily hit her again as magical phrases bring about a cover of near invisible magical cladding. (Armor of Ithan -12 PPE) Anger wells up as her attempt toward civility and the safety of not fighting fades and her training to… “To what?” She thought as an answer quickly follows from her Master and father’s words come to her as she speaks them to herself,”To scout the vanguard and trace a path.” (Enhanced Perception -10 ISP)

Impervious to Poison/Toxin
ISP (4)
Range: Self; Duration: 2 minutes (8 melees)
The character can negate the full effects of poisons and toxic chemicals which he has ingested (eaten or drank) or introduced into the bloodstream, as long as he/she has advance knowledge of its deadly properties. A poison, toxin, or drug which has been unknowingly inflicted (and starting to take effect) can be negated too, but will do half damage or effect before it can be completely negated. Bonuses: Identify poisons: 30%+4% per level of experience; +2 to save vs poisons and drugs.

Armor of Ithan (EP Menu Purchase)
(10 P.P.E)(12), 1 min/lvl, A.R.: 18, S.D.C.: 100 +10/lvl)

Enhanced Perception
ISP: (10) (Rifter 25 pg 78)
Range: Self
Duration: Five minutes per level of experience. This incredible psionic power augments the psychic's physical senses, enhancing his perception. This enhanced state of awareness sharpens all natural senses by 50%, and further enables the psychic to "filter" all of this extra sensory input in order to concentrate on one or a few specific things. While using this ability, the psychic will notice every detail around him down to the slightest motion, sound, scent, and shadow. He will further be likely to notice changes and inconsistencies that might reveal traps, illusions, feints, or tricks (including sleight-of-hand, etc.).
Bonuses:+15% to Perception, +1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, and a +10% to any skill that relies on any of the basic senses (such as Intelligence, Tracking, or certain Physical skills like Juggling or Prowl).


Now having spent so much time in Llorn’s library gathering a wider knowledge of Llorn she found her father’s lesson’s more and more peculiar as she learns for herself. The word vanguard seems one chosen for more than a party as she was among now and more suited to an idea much loftier such as an army. Even so that no such army was behind her the idea of vanguard came sharply to her from having heard it so often for “making a way to the enemy.”

She knew nobody was next to her nor down the path where the two men now dozed, but even with no evidence from her vision attuned to the warmth of life, the needles mark answered that someone was. Her instinct told her then that to be hit by such a needle as before it must come from a place close. Reaching out with both her will and words Silhouette’s empty hand presses through the smokey haze affecting a motion of pushing down the sewer wall next to her, cutting a great magical hole as far wide and high as exists (30ft wide and 60ft tall) to reveal what lay behind it for her allies, if not so that she could see who she was now to give up patient words for the wetting of her blade. (Mystic Portal -9 PPE) (30 feet (3 m) wide by 60 feet (6.1 m) tall portal/opening)

Mystic Portal (Epic Spell Award)
(Rifter 03 pg 81) (Ref RUE: pg 219)
Level: 1
P.P.E.: 8 (9)
Range: 50 feet (6.1 m) away; Size: 30 feet (3 m) wide by 60 feet (6.1 m) tall portal/opening; Duration: 2 min/per level; Saving Throw: None.
This spell creates a dimensional Rift in the fabric of space allowing the spell caster to use it in the following ways:
Pass through solid walls: The mage has but to weave the spell targeting a particular, blocked area. The area will shimmer bright and suddenly, a portal or passage will appear as if cut out of the very stone. The portal can create a 12 foot (3.6 m) deep passage per each level of the spell caster in any substance.
Teleportation: The portal can be a doorway to a nearby location known to the spell caster, flawlessly traveling hundreds of feet in an instant. The portal can be placed on a vertical wall, the floor or ceiling. Looking into it reveals what is on the other side. Stepping through it will instantly place the character in that location. Range is a meager 100 feet (30.5 m) per level of experience. The number of how many people can pass through will depend upon how quick they are moving and how long the mage keeps it open; he can close it at any time. Figure 1d6+8 can pass through per melee round.
One-way passage: Once a character steps through a Mystic Portal, the opening behind him is gone (although people on the portal side can see both the portal and the person who just stepped through it). To return, a new portal must be made on the other side by invoking another Mystic Portal spell. When the spell duration ends, the Mystic Portal vanishes as usual. the mage who created it can make it vanish at will. A Negate Magic may also eliminate it if the spell is successful. Note: A Mystic Portal can NOT be cast on people to use as a Teleport spell. Mystic portals must be cast on a vertical, stationary surface. An Impenetrable Wall of Force will stop a Mystic Portal.


Drawing her dagger of dwarven craft in that free hand, her bow held defensively ahead in the other, Silhouette’s slow crouching stance is one of balance earned from hard lessons of being thrown to her bottom daily as she peers into the magical passage for her enemy as she casts Viper Kiss on the edge, intending to return the man in black a favor in kind. (Viper Kiss -7 PPE)

Viper Kiss (Level Up Choice)
(Level 3 Blade Magic)
(6) (7) Duration: Coats blade in poison for 1 Melee a lvl;
Save:Each strike that inflicts damage poisons the subject; Standard magic save, plus save vs lethal poison(if magic failed);
Effect: Affects SN creatures; Failed lethal poison save: paralysis & 4d6 direct to HP damage plus receive additional HP damage 1d4 per melee of the caster level(Normal medical skills cannot address).
Successful Save vs poison: suffering -8 to strike, parry, and dodge, loss of initiative, and attacks per melee round are reduced by half.


Persistent effects: Chameleon( 20min; Cloud of Smoke (5min), Infrared Vision (32min; infrared see's through Smoke); Impervious to Poison (8 melees) (Armor of Ithan AR 18/ 180 SDC(6 min); Mystic Portal (6min); Enhanced Perception (40min); Viper Kiss on blade (6 melee)

Extra Combat bonuses: AR18/180SDC; +15% to Perception, +1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, and a +10% to any skill that relies on any of the basic senses (such as Intelligence, Tracking, or certain Physical skills like Juggling or Prowl).
Passive: Sixth Sense
Init: 1d20+5 = 24
Actions 8:
Action 1: Impervious to Poison (-4 ISP) to negate the poison. (Moves a few paces from her previous spot toward allies) Identify Poison: 64% /
1d100 = 53
Action 2: Armor of Ithan (AR18/180SDC 6min) (-12 PPE)
Action 3: Enhance Perception (-10 ISP)
Action 4: Mystic Portal (-9 PPE) on wall next to her (Pass through solid walls (30ft wide/60ft tall) two way passage.)
Action 5: Draws dwarven dagger (Dmg: 1d6+3)
Action 6: Casts Viper Kiss on blade. (-7 PPE)
Action 7: Prepares to move in with her allies (JIC dodge 1d20+11 = 25 JIC Parry: 1d20+15 = 35) She will attack any enemy that comes within reach: Attack 1d20+10 = 12 Dmg: 1d6+3 = 4+12 HTH damage / Viper Kiss: Magic save vs 14; if fail save lethal poison 14; if save vs poison fail paralysis & 4d6 = 20direct to HP; if saved gets penalties. See spell sited above.
Action 8: Prepares to move in with her allies (JIC dodge 1d20+11 = 17 JIC Parry: 1d20+15 = 21) She will attack any enemy that comes within reach: Attack 1d20+10 = 17 Dmg: 1d6+3 = 6+12 HTH damage / Viper Kiss: Magic save vs 14; if fail save lethal poison 14; if save vs poison fail paralysis & 4d6 = 10direct to HP; if saved gets penalties. See spell sited above.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 132/164 | I.S.P.: 24/58 | H.P.: 45(+5)/45 | S.D.C.:37(+20)/45
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Augur » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:53 am

Conditions:
Date: 5 May, 346
Time: 1320
Environment: Mixed light rain, smoke, and sunshine outside
Location: Werrington's House of Trade & Securities, Merchants' Guild House


Ambient noises of the sewer. (Play & listen as you read.)

Tyral directs Predat's attention to the north passage, Durak's to the door beside Silhouette, and finally Brago to cover Predat's rear. He then hangs back and observes like a general viewing the unfolding of his battle plan. Durak cautiously approaches the door, notes that its lock seems a good one, if not overly-complex (2 successes required), and gets a head shake in the negative from Tyral regarding invisible magical traps. Durak hears the slight patter of soft soled shoes moving away on the other side of the door. Predat heads up the north passage, uses his keen senses, and discovers only sewage, decrepit tunnels, rats, and an increasingly awful stench. Silhouette groggily snaps her head up, recognizes what's happening, and uses the focus of her mind (such as it is) to will away the somnolent toxin. She then invokes a quick protective spell, wills the betterment of her senses to prevent falling for such a snare again, incants a spell to bypass the door completely, draws her dagger, and then casts a quick spell to envenom it. The cloud of smoke hangs lingeringly around Sil and Durak. A cloud of slumber hangs over the still sleeping thugs some 25' distant and she can see the room beyond the wall opened by the mystic portal.

Everyone, check your inbox.

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Tyral: -47 P.P.E.
Predat: -33 S.D.C.
Sil: -32 P.P.E.; -14 I.S.P.;-10% to skills & speed, -1 to initiative, ranged attacks at -1 to strike; 35% chance per melee when not engaged in combat will fall asleep for the next 1 melee only
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4797
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Tyral » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:25 pm

Perception [71%]: 1d100 = 3
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 6
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 87

PPE: 182/229
SDC: 43/43
HP: 52/52

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [9 Days], Flying Cloak [50.75 Min]

As Silhouette begins to toss off enchantments Tyral floats over and casts a couple of his own (Armor of Ithan on Durak, then himself). The Wizard then floats West across the intersection, hovering until he gets near his Cloud of Slumber.

The Wizard will parry as needed with his staff to protect himself.

APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20 = 6

1. Cast Armor of Ithan on Durak (-10 PPE, A.R.: 18, S.D.C.: 190)
2. Cast Armor of Ithan on Tyral (-10 PPE, A.R.: 18, S.D.C.: 190)
3. Cast Slam on any obvious enemy, or anything attacking a teammate (L2, 5 PPE, 135ft, 1d6*10 = 50 SDC, 17 to Dodge (RWP, or lose Initiative & 2 Actions), MA Pg 10)
4. Cast Slam on any obvious enemy, or anything attacking a teammate (L2, 5 PPE, 135ft, 1d6*10 = 30 SDC, 17 to Dodge (RWP, or lose Initiative & 2 Actions), MA Pg 10)

Parry [+10]: 1d20+10 = 29, 1d20+10 = 27, 1d20+10 = 30, 1d20+10 = 27, 1d20+10 = 23
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 52 / 52
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Durak » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:39 am

Perception: 53% 1d100 = 57
JIC 1d100 = 44 1d20 = 3
initiative 1d20+1 = 6
APM 6
A.R.: 15

Current effects
OOC Comments
Armor of Ithan A.R.: 18, S.D.C.: 190 (being cast on Durak by Tyral)



Durak can feel the change in air pressure next to him as Sil creates a portal in the wall and abandons his efforts to unlock the door; well, i guess I don't need to bother doing that then. he mentally shrugs.
He steps backwards carefully, taking a few seconds to see what he can see inside the room.

If there are enemy combatants who do not look ready to surrender, he will attack, concentrating on either any obvious spellcasters first or ranged combatants second, before attacking any melee combatants.

OOC Comments
if engaged in combat, Durak will back away if in close combat, trusting his protections to save him and use ranged attacks. Aiming for spellcasters first, but if there are any ranged combatants using bows or crossbows, he will aim at their weapons using Stonebiter.
Aimed shots with Stonebiter - returning weapon
1d20+6 = 19 2d4+3 = 7
1d20+6 = 22 2d4+3 = 6
1d20+6 = 22 2d4+3 = 7

If there are torches in the room and those present do not look like that they see in the dark naturally, Durak will aim for the torches and attempt to extinguish them with Stonebiter

if in close combat
1d20+5 = 16 2d4+3 = 9+ 1d6 = 4+8=21
1d20+5 = 14 2d4+3 = 8+ 1d6 = 2+8=18
1d20+5 = 25 2d4+3 = 10+ 1d6 = 1+8 (critical)=38
1d20+5 = 15 2d4+3 = 5+ 1d6 = 2+8=15
1d20+5 = 22 2d4+3 = 8+ 1d6 = 3+8=19
1d20+5 = 7 2d4+3 = 6+ 1d6 = 3+8=17

parry
1d20+7 = 26
1d20+7 = 14
1d20+7 = 24
1d20+7 = 8
1d20+7 = 19
1d20+7 = 14

Dodge
1d20+5 = 18
1d20+5 = 11
1d20+5 = 24
1d20+5 = 23
1d20+5 = 21
1d20+5 = 10

Roll with Punch
1d20+6 = 13
1d20+6 = 7
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,

viewtopic.php?f=836&t=16296

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Silhouette » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:12 am

JIC: 1d20 = 11d100 = 2
Perception: 68%/ 1d100 = 5
Listen and awareness: 34% / 1d100 = 43
(Poison effect applied already)

Persistent effects: Chameleon( 20min), Infrared Vision (32min; infrared see's through Smoke); Impervious to Poison (8 melees) (Armor of Ithan AR 18/ 180 SDC(6 min); Mystic Portal (6min); Enhanced Perception (40min); Viper Kiss on blade (6 melee)

Cursing herself she realizes,”Should have charged…” Yawning she woozily thinks,”Should have charged in, they didn’t come out.” What did she expect? She sure wouldn’t go running through a suddenly missing wall… Most likely wouldn’t, but then again, she was expecting attackers not flight on their part. Breathing in sharply trying to stay awake Silhouette’s notes the warmly painted shape of Durak short and burly in her periphery as she leans around the wall peering after the seemingly fleeing poisoner even as she lets the smoke cloud’s tether in her mind slip its leash so that allies could easily follow. Envenomed dagger in hand ready to throw and bow in hand balancing her weight she readies her self for fight or flight or…chase.

If they would not talk, she would capture one of them then or at least know what hole they slinked off to hide. Foggy in the brain Silhouette almost follows, almost rounds the corner to try to run down her quarry, but this poison was making her so tired even as she mumbles for nobodies benefit,”Sleeeeepy.” Glancing to Durak her brain was running thoughts as she starts to hitch forward to round the corner before remembering through a haze admonishes herself as she stops,”No. Waiting. Stay.”

She knew what unconsciousness did to her ability to maintain her magic, how terrifying would it be to end up on the other-side asleep and all alone? She would be like a narcoleptic prostitute, nothing good would likely come of being alone like that with a man. She will follow if one of her allies goes into the room before her, just in case she falls asleep.

(Poison effect applied already)
Init: 1d20+2 = 3
Actions: 8
JIC Dodges vs ranged:1d20+11 = 15 1d20+11 = 12
If any allies go into the room through the Mystic Portal she will only then enter afraid of falling asleep alone.

Action 1: Moves to the corner to peer around as she lets the smoke spell vanish. (500ft Infrared Vision) Mumbles,”Sleeeeepy.”
Action 2:
JIC Parry 1d20+13 = 33
Contingency 1: She will attack any enemy that comes within reach: Attack: 1d20+10 = 25 Dmg: 1d6+15 = 19 HTH damage / Viper Kiss: Magic save vs 14; if fail save lethal poison 14; if save vs poison fail paralysis & 4d6 = 16direct to HP; if saved gets penalties.
Contingency 2: If enemy is running away she will throw her poisoned dagger: Attack 1d20+16 = 31 Dmg: 1d6+3 = 5 damage / Viper Kiss: Magic save vs 14; if fail save lethal poison 14; if save vs poison fail paralysis & 4d6 = 8direct to HP; if saved gets penalties. See spell cited above.
Action 3: If she rounds the corner and sees nobody and no clear passages or doors to indicate reason for disappearance, she will cast Retro-Viewing (-36 PPE) on the previous melee's last 7.5 sec (utilizing her remaining 4 actions 7.5sec to watch) to to see where the attacker flitted off to and how. (See below for ooc tag)
Action 4: (Reserved in case of Retro-Viewing) JIC Parry 1d20+13 = 21 If Retro-viewing not used, she will attack any enemy that comes within reach: Attack: 1d20+10 = 30 Dmg: 1d6+15 = 20 HTH damage / Viper Kiss: Magic save vs 14; if fail save lethal poison 14; if save vs poison fail paralysis & 4d6 = 16direct to HP; if saved gets penalties.

If any allies go into the room through the Mystic Portal she will only then enter afraid of falling asleep alone and follow their movements.

Action 5: JIC Parry 1d20+13 = 24 She will attack any enemy that comes within reach: Attack: 1d20+10 = 12 Dmg: 1d6+15 = 21 HTH damage / Viper Kiss: Magic save vs 14; if fail save lethal poison 14; if save vs poison fail paralysis & 4d6 = 18direct to HP; if saved gets penalties.
Action 6: JIC Parry 1d20+13 = 28 She will attack any enemy that comes within reach: Attack: 1d20+10 = 14 Dmg: 1d6+15 = 19 HTH damage / Viper Kiss: Magic save vs 14; if fail save lethal poison 14; if save vs poison fail paralysis & 4d6 = 10direct to HP; if saved gets penalties.
Action 7: JIC Parry 1d20+13 = 29 She will attack any enemy that comes within reach: Attack: 1d20+10 = 13 Dmg: 1d6+15 = 18 HTH damage / Viper Kiss: Magic save vs 14; if fail save lethal poison 14; if save vs poison fail paralysis & 4d6 = 7direct to HP; if saved gets penalties.
Action 8: JIC Parry 1d20+13 = 27 She will attack any enemy that comes within reach: Attack: 1d20+10 = 21 Dmg: 1d6+15 = 18 HTH damage / Viper Kiss: Magic save vs 14; if fail save lethal poison 14; if save vs poison fail paralysis & 4d6 = 10direct to HP; if saved gets penalties.

Retro-Viewing (Adventure Award)
(Level 8 Temporal Magic)
Range: Self only.
Saving Throw: NA
Limitations: The spell caster can only see, not hear, events that occurred in a limited area, such as a specific room, vehicle or area. He can only see as far back into the past as one hour per level of experience, but only sees a few minutes of what actually transpired.
P.P.E.: 30 (36)
The ability to glimpse a few minutes of past events. There is no sound, only visual images and only the spell caster can see the images. The wizard can look at any specific span of time he desires. For example: It is six in the evening. A third level character can observe what happened in a specific room from only a few minutes ago to three hours ago. Thus, he can cast the spell to watch what occurred between three o'clock and 3:03 or any selection of three minutes between 3:00 and 6:00.
Last edited by Silhouette on Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 132/164 | I.S.P.: 24/58 | H.P.: 45(+5)/45 | S.D.C.:37(+20)/45
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Predat » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:01 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 53 / 70%
JiC: 1d20 = 6 1d100 = 85

Conditions: Can see perfectly in total darkness; Completely invisible in darkness; impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness, Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness.

As no one has called for him Predat keeps checking the north hallway and any doors that are in the hallway as per the above posted skill rolls. As he hears casting going on, which isn’t that uncommon, he calls back, “Is everything okay back there?” Pre continues his search in quiet. Whew this place smells worse than those Wolfen outhouses I had to hide in for hours till nightfall. I hate sewer jobs, but it is an easy way to get around without being noticed. Wonder if that clerk is even still alive. Much more likely he was just bait to lure us in. If this is the Western Empire I can’t imagine they are leaving the guy alive who paid for the head of an Itomas noble. I’m sure they would want to set an example.
Predat Tor

Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 68 / 68
S.D.C.: 128 / 161

Wearing his Shadow Armor: AR: 16 (21 in darkness); 400 SDC
-Can see perfectly in total darkness; is completely invisible in darkness; and is impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
All by the Lizard King himself!
:cheers:
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Augur » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:23 am

Conditions:
Date: 5 May, 346
Time: 1320.25
Environment: Mixed light rain, smoke, and sunshine outside
Location: Werrington's House of Trade & Securities, Merchants' Guild House


Ambient noises of the sewer. (Play & listen as you read.)

Tyral floats forward a bit on his ad-hoc magic carpet, casts a protective spell on himself & Durak, and waits calmly to respond to the situation as it develops. He hears the padding of footsteps trying to be stealthy approaching from behind him. (note his facing)

Durak steps into the cloud of smoke around Silhouette, attempting to eye the oddly open room cautiously.

Silhouette lets dispel the cloud of smoke and then leans around the open portal and peers in to see what's inside.

Predat searches the northern passage. There are no doors of any kind, but there is a large hole with slime-covered iron bars covering it through which he can see some light escaping. On the other side of the bars he sees the stacked and cluttered backsides of crates and barrels pushed up against the barred hole.

The revealed room has a table and four simple chairs around it. Atop the table are a few mugs, and a dirty plate. In the far corner, a cauldron hangs over some smoldering coals in a fire pit. in another corner there are a handful of stacked barrels which looks to have been there for ages given their decrepit condition. A fallen torch on the floor near the portal begins to flicker.


Everyone, check your inbox.

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Tyral: -67 P.P.E.; AoI (A.R.: 18, S.D.C.: 190)
Predat: -33 S.D.C.
Sil: -32 P.P.E.; -14 I.S.P.;-10% to skills & speed, -1 to initiative, ranged attacks at -1 to strike; 35% chance per melee when not engaged in combat will fall asleep for the next 1 melee only
Durak: AoI (A.R.: 18, S.D.C.: 190)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4797
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Tyral » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:30 pm

Perception [71%]: 1d100 = 56
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 5
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 76

AR: 18
AOI SDC: 190

PPE: 162/229
SDC: 43/43
HP: 52/52

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [9 Days], Flying Cloak [50.50 Min], Armor of Ithan [9.00 Min]

*Behind me ehh? Brago what's behind us?* The Wizard guides his floating carpet continuing West (up and over the Dwarf) as he spins to face East. Tyral will swing his staff defensively to parry as needed. If there's a single opponent,Tyral casts Slam on them (L2, 5 PPE, 135ft).

*** If there are multiple people sneaking up on them (or he sees nothing), Tyral drops a new Cloud of Slumber [-6 PPE, 36 Melees] to the East (based on a guesstimate-distance given the sound heard), followed by Slam on anyone who stays upright.

APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20 = 9

1. Move and turn
2. Cast Cloud of Slumber (-6 PPE), or Slam (L2, 5 PPE, 135ft, 1d6*10 = 50 SDC, 17 to Dodge (RWP, or lose Initiative & 2 Actions), MA Pg 10)
3. Cast Slam (L2, 5 PPE, 135ft, 1d6*10 = 30 SDC, 17 to Dodge (RWP, or lose Initiative & 2 Actions), MA Pg 10)
4. Cast Slam (L2, 5 PPE, 135ft, 1d6*10 = 30 SDC, 17 to Dodge (RWP, or lose Initiative & 2 Actions), MA Pg 10)
5. If there are still opponents, Cast Increase Weight (4 P.P.E., 100', 900 lbs, 180 Min) on an individuals' shirt
6. If there are still opponents, Cast Increase Weight (4 P.P.E., 100', 900 lbs, 180 Min) on an individuals' shirt

OOC Comments
If your shirt suddenly weighed 1/2 a ton, most folks are going to be laying down quickly.


Parry [+10]: 1d20+10 = 28, 1d20+10 = 20, 1d20+10 = 27, 1d20+10 = 27, 1d20+10 = 22



~~ Brago ~~



Perception [71%]: 1d100 = 85
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 10
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 26

APM: 4
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 11

Brago turns warily. He will dodge if attacked and bite as appropriate (anything attacking Tyral or himself).

1. Bite @ opponent who gets close enough 1d20+6 = 21 Strike, 3d6+4 = 13 Dmg
2. Bite @ opponent who gets close enough 1d20+6 = 20 Strike, 3d6+4 = 10 Dmg
3. Bite @ opponent who gets close enough 1d20+6 = 12 Strike, 3d6+4 = 17 Dmg
4. Bite @ opponent who gets close enough 1d20+6 = 11 Strike, 3d6+4 = 13 Dmg

Dodge (+4): 1d20+4 = 24, 1d20+4 = 6, 1d20+4 = 18
Last edited by Tyral on Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 52 / 52
• PPE: 213/213


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Durak » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:58 pm

Perception 53% 1d100 = 25
JIC 1d100 = 29 1d20 = 2
APM 6
Armor of Ithan A.R.: 18, S.D.C.: 190 9mins

"An empty room?" Durak looks surprised, "did we just miss the occupants? or are the occupants invisible?
He leans and whispers in Sil's ear
"Can you see anything that might be hidden from my sight?

He listens carefully to the room, throwing Stonebiter diagonally across the room a couple of times, trying to hear any footsteps if somebody moves away from where he is throwing his axe.
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,

viewtopic.php?f=836&t=16296

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Predat » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:41 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 24 / 70%
JiC: 1d20 = 4 1d100 = 42

Conditions: Can see perfectly in total darkness; Completely invisible in darkness; impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness, Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness.

Since no one is calling for him, Pre will check the bars for traps and then he will move the crates aside so he can see into the area. Where oh where are you wayward clerk? You still alive? Pre tries to keep an eye on his backside even though nobody can probably even see him. If there is nothing here I'll head back.

Detect Concealment/Traps - 1d100 = 79 / 72%
Prowl - 1d100 = 71 / 132%
Predat Tor

Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 68 / 68
S.D.C.: 128 / 161

Wearing his Shadow Armor: AR: 16 (21 in darkness); 400 SDC
-Can see perfectly in total darkness; is completely invisible in darkness; and is impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
All by the Lizard King himself!
:cheers:
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Silhouette » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:06 am

JIC: 1d100 = 36 1d20 = 20
Perc: 78% / 1d100 = 100
Listen and awareness: 44% / 1d100 = 17

The sense of a fever running through the changeling’s body, the cloudy desire to nap in Silhouette’s mind fades like the tingling noise of nerves regaining sense as the poison fades. Numbers no more basic in math than addition start to fall into place as she observes the room beyond negatives of threats and enemies. Expecting passages and perhaps a wide closet details came into focus,“A table, chairs, stacked barrels, a room.” Out of her mouth comes surprise,”Rooms?!”

More ideas come into focus as she realizes which way the one who darted her had to have gone and that sewer waterways cut it off where she’d stood at the crossway earlier. Only one other direction could extend further south as she mulls it over,Quiet the security posture with one entrance below the sewer cap surrounded by make-shift guard houses.


Durak wrote:"An empty room?" Durak looks surprised, "did we just miss the occupants?


Nodding her head Silhouette answers in a whisper to Durak,”Further in or that way.” Gesturing with the dagger in hand she points out the directions respectively south and east cutting the directions in the air. Reaching out she pats the dwarf’s shoulder,"Let’s check for a door and pinch them.” Looking back along the wall toward the east she follows the wall prowling out to the corner up to the water but not around the bend. While willing herself mentally stronger, hopeful that she can stop their skulking around the edges.
(Strength of Mind -10 ISP)

Strength of the Mind
ISP (10)
(Rifter 25) 2 minutes/lvl; The psychic gains +10 to P.S., +5 to P.E. and +20 S.D.C. for the duration & Supernatural Strength & Endurance.


Persistent effects: Strength of Mind; Sixth Sense; Chameleon( 19 min), Infrared Vision (31 ½ min; infrared see's through Smoke); Impervious to Poison (7 melees) (Armor of Ithan AR 18/ 180 SDC(5 1/2 min); Mystic Portal (5 1/2min); Enhanced Perception (39 ½ min); Viper Kiss on blade (5 melee)

Actions: 8
Physical: Supernatural Endurance & Strength: 5d6+22 HTH damage; Poison save: +10; Magic: +8
Base: Parry: +12, Dodge: +11
Armor: AR18 180/180
Init: 1d20+5 = 10

Action 1: To the others: “Rooms?”
Action 2: To Durak: ,”Further in or that way.” Gesturing her hand flat like a knife cuts she points out the directions respectively south and east to where they could have gone.
Action 3: To Durak in whisper” Let’s check for a door and pinch them.” Prowl: 92% / 1d100 = 65 while moving to the corner indicated.

Conditional: If one of the black garbed guys are in front of her she will go defensive and not attack but activate Telepathy, Superior and probe for if they know where the banker's man was taken, who would if they don't, following that logic to find his location.

Action 4: Strength of Mind (-10 ISP) moving to East corner. JIC Parry: 1d20+15 = 18 Attack if they come into melee: 1d20+10 = 23 Dmg: 5d6+25 = 46 HTH damage / Viper Kiss: Magic save vs 14; if fail save lethal poison 14; if save vs poison fail paralysis & 4d6 = 18 direct to HP; if saved gets penalties.

Action 5: JIC Parry: 1d20+15 = 27 Attack if they come into melee: 1d20+10 = 24 Dmg: 5d6+25 = 45 HTH damage / Viper Kiss: Magic save vs 14; if fail save lethal poison 14; if save vs poison fail paralysis & 4d6 = 16 direct to HP; if saved gets penalties.

Action 6: JIC Parry: 1d20+15 = 28 Attack if they come into melee: 1d20+10 = 27 Dmg: 5d6+25 = 38 HTH damage / Viper Kiss: Magic save vs 14; if fail save lethal poison 14; if save vs poison fail paralysis & 4d6 = 14 direct to HP; if saved gets penalties.

Action 7: JIC Parry: 1d20+15 = 21 Attack if they come into melee: 1d20+10 = 11 Dmg: 5d6+25 = 40 HTH damage / Viper Kiss: Magic save vs 14; if fail save lethal poison 14; if save vs poison fail paralysis & 4d6 = 14 direct to HP; if saved gets penalties.

Action 8: JIC Parry: 1d20+15 = 35 Attack if they come into melee: 1d20+10 = 26 Dmg: 5d6+25 = 45 HTH damage / Viper Kiss: Magic save vs 14; if fail save lethal poison 14; if save vs poison fail paralysis & 4d6 = 18 direct to HP; if saved gets penalties.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 132/164 | I.S.P.: 24/58 | H.P.: 45(+5)/45 | S.D.C.:37(+20)/45
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Augur » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:41 pm

Conditions:
Date: 5 May, 346
Time: 1320.25
Environment: Mixed light rain, smoke, and sunshine outside
Location: Werrington's House of Trade & Securities, Merchants' Guild House


Ambient noises of the sewer. (Play & listen as you read.)

Tyral guides his floating carpet up and over Durak and spins it to face East.

Durak's conflicted about the fact that Stonebiter found no hidden flesh. On the one hand, it's disappointing, on the other, it's somewhat of a relief. His ambivalence is trending more towards annoyance though, given his prolonged exposure to these foul odors and surroundings.

Predat finds the bars to be utterly ordinary with one irregularity: the ones in the middle are relatively new and so are cleaner and less corroded. Slowly, quietly, he reaches through the bar up to his elbow (as far as the girth of his arm will allow) and nudges one of the empty crates to one side enough to get a better look at the illuminated room beyond. He sees a cutthroat sharpening his dagger as he paces. The thug is clearly bored to tears and channeling his frustration into trying, somewhat successfully, to improve the edge on his rather low quality blade. Behind him is a staircase which presumably leads up to the surface. Predat concludes that he's looking into someone's cellar.

Silhouette whispers to Durak, "Further in or that way." She gestures with her dagger to the south and then to the east. She pats the dwarf’s shoulder, "Let’s check for a door and pinch them." She then turns around and follows the wall east until she's at the corner. She peeks around the corner and her sixth sense goes off like a gong in her head as she nearly collides with a fellow about her height and build, but who is missing a number of teeth, and whose scraggly, thin beard speaks of his young age and poor hygiene. The fellow is amazingly quick to act (Nat20 Init) and before Silhouette knows it, she has a garrote wrapped around her neck. The fellow was incredibly quick to act, but either inexperienced, or acting out of desperation or reflex as garroting someone face to face was decidedly not how such a weapon was most effective. The wire bites into the back of her neck painfully, but is literally nothing more than a pain in the neck than a threat to her life. The two fellows flanking him both have cudgels in hand and look eager to capitalize on their fellow's good fortune. Knowing her opponents are very much outclassed, Sil uses her mind and probes their thoughts to see if they know where the banker's man was located. It's fresh in the minds of all three, along with sudden images/fantasies of doing despicable things to her. She sees a room of stone walls with a double wooden door, and inside the room is a small altar and two stone sarcophagi of the type popular about a century ago among those of the merchant classes who were well enough off to afford more than a pine box or a well-attended funeral pyre. It's to the south less than a minute's walk. She's bludgeoned by a lucky blow from one of the pair with cudgels, but keeps her cool and channels her will into empowering her physical attributes. The wire bites harder into her neck, but she evades the cudgels with quick flicks of the dagger, and then guts the man with the garrote from navel to sternum. His blood showers her from head to toe, and drenches her hair into a sticky maroon mass matted to her head. The pair with cudgels falter, hesitate. She lashes out with a sweeping strike from left to right that spills the man's innards at his feet in a single blow. Like the first man, he collapses in a heap of blood and viscera. He looks conscious and in agony for a moment before this, too, subsides. The third man turns to run, slips in the entrails of his mates, catches himself with a hand on the stone wall, and gets lacerated from hip to armpit as Silhouette finishes the messy job with a third strike. She stands, drenched in blood and showered with viscera, with a shoddy, home-made garrote hanging from her neck like a macabre pendant.

Silhouette's teammates each hear the commotion. Durak catches a glimpse of Sil loping around the corner to the east, but then little else. Predat hears things well enough, his his focus is on the cellar he's discovered. Tyral hears things as well as sees Sil lope around the corner, practically run into someone, then a pair of arms quickly darted around her neck, then Sil vanished from sight as she moved forward.

Everyone, check your inbox.

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Tyral: -67 P.P.E.; AoI (A.R.: 18, S.D.C.: 190)
Predat: -33 S.D.C.
Sil: -32 P.P.E.; -34 I.S.P.; -8 S.D.C.
Durak: AoI (A.R.: 18, S.D.C.: 190)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4797
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Silhouette » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:58 pm

JIC: 1d100 = 85 1d20 = 19
Perc: 78% /1d100 = 27
Listen & awareness: 44% /1d100 = 78

Persistent effects: Strength of Mind; Sixth Sense; Infrared Vision (31 1/4 min; infrared see's through Smoke); Impervious to Poison (7 melees) (Armor of Ithan AR 18/ 180 SDC(5 1/4 min); Mystic Portal (5 1/4min); Enhanced Perception (39 1/4 min); Viper Kiss on blade (4 melee)

Silhouette’s posture falls back into a neutral stance of knees bent, knife close at her breast, and bow crossways out before her as a shield. Shaking her head blood slides off her leaf-embossed helmet in an umbrella of droplets around her feet. Tasting the coppery river that flows down her face she blows it from her lips, feeling both disgust and exhilaration as so much adrenaline makes her heart skip joyfully at the results of her prowess.


A survivor’s smile edges up her cheek’s as she finds her breath held. Exhaling slowly, she takes in the scene with her eyes as reproving thoughts come to her, "Too much…" Not the deaths, those were quick enough that her father would approve of the efficiency. No, it was the cast forth brightness of color. The vital heat from viscera leeching out onto the contrastingly cold stone. As if a beast had made its passage here. It gave her pause to recall where she had last seen such a scene once before.


An angular face with life hungry eyes shown for a brief moment in her mind,”Vald Tegor. The monster of monsters and here she was drenched in so much blood like his crypt floor, sticky and horrid. Shivering she realizes her allies might see this, might wonder… What monster did this?” Shivering again she answers herself even as her mind argues with the proof,”Who else is covered in gore?” Answering herself aloud she spits on the corpses,”They are. Damn humans! Monsters.”


Spying a spot much further down the path to the south Silhouette moves back to the north where her allies can see her. She calls out with a wave of her bloodied arm. Seeing how the chameleon magic was trying to conceal her movements, making her seem as if she were some kind of shifting elemental force of blood she lets the spell fade and approaches Durak and Tyral while waving Predat to join them once more. Seeing the shorter lizard than herself at the recent moment’s events and the pile of bodies he had made put her at ease for some reason.


Unstringing her bow as it will not see purpose here this day she explains to the others what she has found,”One of them gave me where we need to find our man.” Looking down at herself she adds to explain away the mess,”Not mine. Now, I think they know more about us than realizes as their minds were thinking about doing things to me…” Smiling grimly she adds,”I don’t think those thoughts counted on being penetrated by me and my dagger.”


Leaving it at that she continues,”I know exactly where they are about a minute south of here.” Nodding to her portal currently active on the wall near them she explains in a low voice,”I think I can get us right to it in one go with another of those to surprise them. No more ambushes. Our turn.” Half smiling she congratulates herself while nodding,”Now they won’t see the bodies and what I did either.” Small victory sure, but she would have to try and hold back in the future and let Predat remain the “monster” of the group cutting men in half with singular blows.


Not waiting for much of a confirmation if any she begins directing her attention to the wall nearest her as she recalls the images of the other place, the room’s walls, the pair of sarcophagi, the alter, and double wooden doors while then casting a new Mystic Portal with a one way passage. (Mystic portal -9 PPE)




To GM: Note that the Mystic Portal’s One-way passage states that the exit is described as not being visible which should hopefully mean we don’t alert them simply by setting up to pass through. Additionally an explanation: Sil's portal reaches 640ft, a person walks 4-5feet a second average, putting it at 275ft away and 550ft if 2minutes away. I leave you to decide with that if she can reach it with a 640ft range on her portal. Cheers!


Mystic Portal
(Rifter 03 pg 81) (Ref RUE: pg 219)
Level: 1
P.P.E.: 8 (9)
Range: 50 feet (6.1 m) away; Size: 30 feet (3 m) wide by 60 feet (6.1 m) tall portal/opening; Duration: 2 min/per level; Saving Throw: None.
This spell creates a dimensional Rift in the fabric of space allowing the spell caster to use it in the following ways:
Pass through solid walls: The mage has but to weave the spell targeting a particular, blocked area. The area will shimmer bright and suddenly, a portal or passage will appear as if cut out of the very stone. The portal can create a 12 foot (3.6 m) deep passage per each level of the spell caster in any substance.
Teleportation: The portal can be a doorway to a nearby location known to the spell caster, flawlessly traveling hundreds of feet in an instant. The portal can be placed on a vertical wall, the floor or ceiling. Looking into it reveals what is on the other side. Stepping through it will instantly place the character in that location. Range is a meager 100 feet (30.5 m) per level of experience. The number of how many people can pass through will depend upon how quick they are moving and how long the mage keeps it open; he can close it at any time. Figure 1d6+8 can pass through per melee round.
One-way passage: Once a character steps through a Mystic Portal, the opening behind him is gone (although people on the portal side can see both the portal and the person who just stepped through it). To return, a new portal must be made on the other side by invoking another Mystic Portal spell. When the spell duration ends, the Mystic Portal vanishes as usual. the mage who created it can make it vanish at will. A Negate Magic may also eliminate it if the spell is successful. Note: A Mystic Portal can NOT be cast on people to use as a Teleport spell. Mystic portals must be cast on a vertical, stationary surface. An Impenetrable Wall of Force will stop a Mystic Portal.
Last edited by Silhouette on Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 132/164 | I.S.P.: 24/58 | H.P.: 45(+5)/45 | S.D.C.:37(+20)/45
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Next

Return to Fantasy Adventures

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest