Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Only adventured-related threads are found here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Llorn)

Postby Durak » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:15 pm

Perception 53% 1d100 = 22
JIC 1d100 = 25 1d20 = 8

Well that did not get any response, Durak muses, no sign of anybody in there.

Silhouette wrote:Seeing how the chameleon magic was trying to conceal her movements, making her seem as if she were some kind of shifting elemental force of blood she lets the spell fade and approaches Durak and Tyral while waving Predat to join them once more. Seeing the shorter lizard than herself at the recent moment’s events and the pile of bodies he had made put her at ease for some reason.
Unstringing her bow as it will not see purpose here this day she explains to the others what she has found,”One of them gave me where we need to find our man.” Looking down at herself she adds to explain away the mess,”Not mine. Now, I think they know more about us than realizes as their minds were thinking about doing things to me…” Smiling grimly she adds,”I don’t think those thoughts counted on being penetrated by me and my dagger.”
Leaving it at that she continues,”I know exactly where they are about a minute south of here.” Nodding to her portal currently active on the wall near them she explains in a low voice,”I think I can get us right to it in one go with another of those to surprise them. No more ambushes. Our turn.”

Durak looks Sil over all covered in blood

"What happened to you?" he asks, already guessing the answer; least she was able to interrogate this lot. I hope that they were actually a threat and not some random bystanders who got butchered.

After Sil explains her plan, Durak, as normal, has more questions.

"Did you get any sign of how many there were in there or their capabilities?
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,

viewtopic.php?f=836&t=16296

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Tyral » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:04 pm

Perception [71%]: 1d100 = 37
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 9
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 92

AR: 18
AOI SDC: 190

PPE: 162/229
SDC: 43/43
HP: 52/52

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [9 Days], Flying Cloak [50.25 Min], Armor of Ithan [8.75 Min]

Silhouette wrote:Unstringing her bow as it will not see purpose here this day she explains to the others what she has found,”One of them gave me where we need to find our man.” Looking down at herself she adds to explain away the mess,”Not mine. Now, I think they know more about us than realizes as their minds were thinking about doing things to me…” Smiling grimly she adds,”I don’t think those thoughts counted on being penetrated by me and my dagger ... I know exactly where they are about a minute south of here.” Nodding to her portal currently active on the wall near them she explains in a low voice,”I think I can get us right to it in one go with another of those to surprise them. No more ambushes. Our turn.”

Tyral glides over with Brago on the floating carpet, "Excellent, Brago hates it down here, and I agree entirely." He casts Cleanse (6 P.P.E., 10') on Silhouette, then turns to Brago and Predat to bestow Armor of Ithan on each of them [-20 PPE for 2, AR 18, SDC 190, 9.00 Min] so that before they rush headlong into a fight each of their company has a protective spell.

If he spots an opponent (someone moving to attack them), Tyral casts Slam on them (L2, 5 PPE, 135ft), and will parry with his staff as needed.

Should Silhouette actually accomplish another Mystic Portal, the Wizard will wait several moments so that Predat and Durak can lead the way through, then follow.

Parry [+10]: 1d20+10 = 28, 1d20+10 = 20, 1d20+10 = 29, 1d20+10 = 14, 1d20+10 = 12

~~ Brago ~~

Perception [71%]: 1d100 = 15
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 16
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 82

APM: 4
Initiative: 1d20 = 11

Brago rides along keeping a wary eye out for trouble.

Dodge (+4) as needed: 1d20+4 = 11, 1d20+4 = 11, 1d20+4 = 21, 1d20+4 = 7
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 52 / 52
• PPE: 213/213

Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21

Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Predat » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:50 am

Perception: 1d100 = 31 / 70%
JiC: 1d20 = 7 1d100 = 87

Conditions: Can see perfectly in total darkness; Completely invisible in darkness; impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness, Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness.

He tries to get a sense of where that staircase in the cellar leads. As Pre eyes the thug in the cellar he looks around for any other entrances to that room, Wonder what he is waiting to do?

Land Navigation - 1d100 = 31 / 75%

Predat hears the commotion and moves away from the bars and then quickly towards his teammates. As he enters the room he eyes the scene and sees the gore covered Sil, Not bad kid. He nods to Sil, "Well done, things tend to be a bit messy down here. Hope you got more information from them than I did from the ones I killed. By the way there is a thug hanging out in a cellar back there. Didn't have a way too him, just saw him through some bars. Looks like he is waiting to go up and do some dark deed. Okay where we heading?"
Predat Tor

Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 68 / 68
S.D.C.: 128 / 161

Wearing his Shadow Armor: AR: 16 (21 in darkness); 400 SDC
-Can see perfectly in total darkness; is completely invisible in darkness; and is impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
All by the Lizard King himself!
:cheers:
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:36 pm

Conditions:
Date: 5 May, 347
Time: 1320.25
Environment: Mixed light rain, smoke, and sunshine outside

Ambient noises of the sewer. (Play & listen as you read.)

Silhouette unstrings her bow, steps back and says to the others, "One of them gave me where we need to find our man." She babbles on about herself as women are wont to do before getting back to the task at hand. "I know exactly where they are: about a minute south of here. I think I can get us right to it in one go with another of those to surprise them. No more ambushes. Our turn."

Durak, as dwarves are wont to do, asks more questions. "Did you get any sign of how many there were in there or their capabilities?"

Tyral glides over and complains as elves are wont to do before addressing the task at hand as well. He casts a cleansing spell upon himself, then glides north to bestow a protective spell on Predat with a touch, then reaches out and casts the same protective spell on his familiar.

Predat momentarily loses interest in the little cellar he'd discovered, and returns to the group. He learned very little from it other than there it was occupied by at least one rough-looking fellow and had a staircase leading up. Without a well-defined point of reference to match these subsurface tunnels to the features of the city above, figuring such out is a fool's errand. As eandroth are wont to do, perhaps, Predat updates the rest with what he'd found and returns his focus to the task at hand. "Well done, things tend to be a bit messy down here. Hope you got more information from them than I did from the ones I killed. By the way there is a thug hanging out in a cellar back there. Didn't have a way too him, just saw him through some bars. Looks like he is waiting to go up and do some dark deed. Okay where we heading?"

Silhouette casts another mystic portal on the wall opposite them. The other side is a sewer passageway. Silhouette ushers everyone through then hops through herself. Looking behind them from the other side of the portal, the shimmering vortex/portal is nowhere to be seen, but further back they can see the scene of the bloodbath where they last stood.

MAP REVEAL

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Tyral: -93 P.P.E.; AoI (A.R.: 18, S.D.C.: 190)
Predat: -33 S.D.C.
Sil: -41 P.P.E.; -34 I.S.P.; -8 S.D.C.
Durak: AoI (A.R.: 18, S.D.C.: 190)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Augur
Admin

Postby Tyral » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:00 pm

Perception [71%]: 1d100 = 45
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 8
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 8

PPE: 136/229

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [9 Days], Flying Cloak [49.25 Min], Armor of Ithan [7.75 Min]

Tyral turns to Silhouette, "There's a long hallway off to the Southeast there behind those pillars. Are we headed that way or off to the West?" Tyral glides with Brago on the floating carpet as directed since Silhouette theoretically has seen their objective to rescue. *No point in pointing out every little thing from my prior Astral-fly-through. Better to find out where we are going first.*

If he spots an opponent (someone moving to attack them), Tyral casts Slam on them (L2, 5 PPE, 135ft), and will parry with his staff as needed.

Parry [+10]: 1d20+10 = 21, 1d20+10 = 12, 1d20+10 = 16, 1d20+10 = 28, 1d20+10 = 23, 1d20+10 = 29

~~ Brago ~~

Perception [71%]: 1d100 = 6
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 3
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 17

Initiative: 1d20 = 5

Conditions: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Nightvision: 40', Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away), Armor of Ithan [9.00 Min]

Dodge (+4) as needed: 1d20+4 = 20, 1d20+4 = 22, 1d20+4 = 20, 1d20+4 = 24, 1d20+4 = 10
Tyral Oslarelar

Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Robe, Silk Shirt, Pants, Boots
Weapons:

Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Predat » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:13 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 58 / 70%
JiC: 1d20 = 2 1d100 = 37

Conditions: Can see perfectly in total darkness; Completely invisible in darkness; impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness, Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness.

As Pre looks around, "Okay, why are we here? Where are we heading? I can scout ahead, but I need a direction." What the Abyss, we are standing here like sitting ducks. Why did you bring us here Sil? If he is given a direction, Pre will move ahead quietly and scout the area.

Prowl - 1d100 = 9 / 132%
Track Humanoids - 1d100 = 36 / 72%
Detect Ambush - 1d100 = 11 / 82%
Intelligence - 1d100 = 87 / 73%
Detect Concealment/Traps - 1d100 = 59 / 72%
Locate Secret Compartment/Doors - 1d100 = 99 / 62%

Pre looks for tracks, traps, ambushes and anything else he can find.
Predat Tor

-Can see perfectly in total darkness; is completely invisible in darkness; and is impervious to all forms of magical detection in darkness

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Durak » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:11 am

Perception 53% 1d100 = 92
JIC 1d100 = 85 1d20 = 14

Augur wrote:Silhouette casts another mystic portal on the wall opposite them. The other side is a sewer passageway. Silhouette ushers everyone through then hops through herself. Looking behind them from the other side of the portal, the shimmering vortex/portal is nowhere to be seen, but further back they can see the scene of the bloodbath where they last stood.

As Durak spies the dead bodies that he'd searched earlier after Predat massacred them, he sighs; an action that seems to be turning into a habit.

"Typical, we went the wrong way." Durak states, possibly more to himself than to the others, "we could have just walked. not like we were far away. Save your strength."

He joins Predat in checking around the area for anything useful/suspicious until Sil gives them further direction which way to go.

OOC Comments
Locate Secret Compartments/Doors 81% 1d100 = 80 any hidden doors or passages
Detect Concealment & Traps 66% 1d100 = 63 make sure they don't set anything off
Underground Sense of Direction 71% 1d100 = 18 get a better idea of the flow in the sewer and anything that might be impeding that would show a route to take
Underground Architecture 61% 1d100 = 81
Prowl 66% 1d100 = 57 trying not to get seen

If attacked, Durak will keep his distance and throw Stonebiter at any obvious mages/archers

attacks 1-2 1d20+6 = 14 2d4+3 = 7
attacks 3-4 1d20+6 = 9 2d4+3 = 9
attacks 5-6 1d20+6 = 18 2d4+3 = 10
HP 40
SDC 59
Bracers AR15

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Silhouette » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:36 pm

JIC 1d20 = 171d100 = 75
Perc: 78% /1d100 = 39
Listen & awareness: 44% /1d100 = 94

Persistent effects: Strength of Mind; Sixth Sense; Infrared Vision (31 min; infrared see's through Smoke); Impervious to Poison (6 melees) (Armor of Ithan AR 18/ 180 SDC(5 min); Enhanced Perception (39 min); Viper Kiss on blade (3 melee)

Nodding to Tyral as he cleanses the muck from her she mirthfully chortles at the back of her throat joking,”Watch, I’ll trip here shortly…” Turning she moves toward the portal she made. Passing through her senses shift as if she were walking through a tavern door from the rain outside to a different din of sound as she pulls her quiver forward to stow her bow there.

Eyes, skin, and ears all feel a shift that heightens her immediate awareness to take in the details. Bars behind, passage to her left, and one south, sewage at their feet… Grunt she gives Tyral a knowing eye,Watch your step.” After the last of her party steps through she lets the magic of the two portal's behind them fade. Looking down she shifts her feet feeling the slosh of the sewers at her ankles before taking a hesitant step before pausing a moment on which direction to head before thinking,,”South one minute.”

Turning her chin over her right shoulder she informs her allies and answers Durak,”What happened? Some little shits became manure.” As if to give credence to her claim the garrote hanging from her neck slips off as she pulls it between pinched fingers. An audible sniff follows as she begins to flick her wrist to throw it before pausing to consider it. Rough as it was, it could be helpful?. Looking at the others she winds it up in her hand giving them a shrug,”So they were useful little shits.”

durak wrote:Typical, we went the wrong way." Durak states, possibly more to himself than to the others, "we could have just walked. not like we were far away. Save your strength."

Blinking at her companions Silhouette knuckles her fist on her hip and gives them all a moment of sass as she flicks the dagger hand in the direction behind them,”Bars.” Yanking her head to the west she adds,”Winding path to another blocked path.” Shaking her head she holds the blade out consolatory,”Fine, fine, good guess on my part, but fine, saving strength.”

Sighing she restates,“Their minds showed a minute south to a tome of stone walls with wooden double doors, an altar, two stone coffins, and no people or dangers, but....”[b] Shrugging she says,[b]”I didn’t get to go that far on the questioning so lets just assume?” Clearing her throat she moves on snarkily,”Let us know when you see two wooden doors though, that’s probably it.”

Thoughtfully she points to the east utilizing some of her wits,They were not slogging through the sewer waters.”[/b[ tapping the dagger at her thigh she asks while gesturing east,[b]”Think they meant south-ish?”

To GM: After the last of her party steps through she lets the magic of the two portal's behind them fade.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 132/164 | I.S.P.: 24/58 | H.P.: 45(+5)/45 | S.D.C.:37(+20)/45
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:26 pm

Conditions:
Time: 1325

Tyral turns to Silhouette, "There's a long hallway off to the Southeast there behind those pillars. Are we headed that way or off to the West?" Tyral glides with Brago.

Pre looks around, "Okay, why are we here? Where are we heading? I can scout ahead, but I need a direction."

Durak critiques their situation. "Typical, we went the wrong way. We could have just walked. Not like we were far away. Save your strength."

Silhouette answers Durak & the others. "What happened? Some little shits became manure. Their minds showed a minute to a tome of stone walls south one minute with wooden double doors, an altar, two stone coffins, and no people or dangers, but I didn’t get to go that far on the questioning, so lets just assume? Let us know when you see two wooden doors though. That’s probably it." She points to the east. "They were not slogging through the sewer waters. Think they meant southish?

Looking around the area, they see the bars descending from the ceiling to ground level effectively cutting off the tunnel from passage. To the east is an open passage. Along the south side of that passage is a set of double doors. Just beyond those double doors it appears as though there's another passage heading south. Looking to the south the passageway opens up a bit as two sewage flows intersect and the larger space has somewhat vaulted ceilings and is supported by four stone pillars. Along the west wall of this chamber is a set of double doors which stretches across an open sewer channel as well as a small pathway along the southern wall.

MAP REVEAL (open in new tab)

Butcher's Bill
Tyral: -93 P.P.E.; AoI (A.R.: 18, S.D.C.: 190)
Brago: AOI:
Predat: -33 S.D.C.; AOI:
Sil: -41 P.P.E.; -34 I.S.P.; -8 S.D.C.; AOI:
Augur
Admin

Postby Durak » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:45 am

Perception: 53% 1d100 = 43
JIC 1d100 = 68 1d20 = 19

Augur wrote:Silhouette answers Durak & the others. "What happened? Some little shits became manure. Their minds showed a minute to a tome of stone walls south one minute with wooden double doors, an altar, two stone coffins, and no people or dangers, but I didn’t get to go that far on the questioning, so lets just assume? Let us know when you see two wooden doors though. That’s probably it." She points to the east. "They were not slogging through the sewer waters. Think they meant southish?

Durak sighs again Looks like we're feeding the fishes a lot at the moment.

Augur wrote:Looking around the area, they see the bars descending from the ceiling to ground level effectively cutting off the tunnel from passage. To the east is an open passage. Along the south side of that passage is a set of double doors. Just beyond those double doors it appears as though there's another passage heading south. Looking to the south the passageway opens up a bit as two sewage flows intersect and the larger space has somewhat vaulted ceilings and is supported by four stone pillars. Along the west wall of this chamber is a set of double doors which stretches across an open sewer channel as well as a small pathway along the southern wall.

"So do Predat and I open the doors?" he asks the others quietly, trying not to alert anybody else in the area,"and Sil, which set of doors is the ones you saw? Don't want to go breaking through the wrong set."

OOC Comments
Underground Architecture 61% 1d100 = 36 trying to figure out which set of doors will actually lead to a room

If Sil indicates a set of doors, Durak attempts to move quietly over to the doors and examines the door first for tale-tell signs

"Unless there is another way in," he whispers, Durak begins hunting around the area for any hidden entrances and traps. He did not want to get caught off guard.

If the group does decide to go through the doors, Durak will pick the locks if it is locked, trying to avoid any traps

OOC Comments
Pick Locks 76% 1d100 = 87 unlock doors
Locate Secret Compartments/Doors 81% 1d100 = 70
Detect Concealment & Traps 66% 1d100 = 89
Pick Locks 76% 1d100 = 17 disable traps
Pick Locks 76% 1d100 = 87 disable traps
Prowl 66% 1d100 = 20 sneaking around

Combat
OOC Comments
If we go in, Durak will stay further back and use Stonebiter on any mages first, then archers. if the prisoner is there and anybody tries to go near him, Durak will attack them instead.

Initiative 1d20+1 = 2
APM 6
AR 15

1 1d20+3 = 9 2d4+3 = 8
2 1d20+3 = 19 2d4+3 = 6
3 1d20+3 = 14 2d4+3 = 10
4 1d20+3 = 20 2d4+3 = 8
5 1d20+3 = 15 2d4+3 = 9
6 1d20+3 = 19 2d4+3 = 7

If anybody gets in close, he will parry first and try to dodge out of their range
Parry 1d20+7 = 23
1d20+7 = 13
1d20+7 = 27
1d20+7 = 22

Dodge
1d20+5 = 10
1d20+5 = 8
1d20+5 = 9
1d20+5 = 14

If forced into close combat
1d20+5 = 8 2d4+11 = 16+ 1d6 = 4
1d20+5 = 12 2d4+11 = 17+ 1d6 = 1
1d20+5 = 12 2d4+11 = 17+ 1d6 = 4
1d20+5 = 6 2d4+11 = 16+ 1d6 = 5
1d20+5 = 20 2d4+11 = 16+ 1d6 = 5
1d20+5 = 13 2d4+11 = 15+ 1d6 = 6
HP 40
SDC 59
Bracers AR15

Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Postby Tyral » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:05 pm

Perception [71%]: 1d100 = 60
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 5
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 29

PPE: 136/229

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [9 Days], Flying Cloak [49.25 Min], Armor of Ithan [7.75 Min]

Accompanied by Brago atop the floating carpet/cloak, Tyral hovers down the hall to the East following the Dwarf to line up with the Double-Doors on the Southern wall of the hall to the East. As he passes the doorway on the Northern edge of the hallway, the Wizard casts Carpet of Adhesion on it [-10 PPE] (to keep the damn thing closed) then moves ~20ft further east so he does not accidentally brush against his own handywork, and casts Cloud of Slumber [-6 PPE] (20'x20'x20' at the next intersection to the East).

Once the others (Predat and Durak) have made themselves ready at the (Southern) doors, Tyral will hover up to the edge of his range and cast Escape [-8PPE] to unlock it and get rid of any traps. If he spots an opponent (someone moving to attack them), Tyral casts Slam on them ( 5 PPE, 135ft, 17 to Dodge (RWP, or lose Initiative & 2 Actions)), and will parry with his staff as needed.

*** If Tyral spots their intended Rescuee (based on their previously received description), he will cast Immobilize (25 PPE, 60', 18 Melees, Special: Successful Save still takes 1d4 = 1 Melees to break free)) centered on the man so that he cannot be moved or hurt (in theory).

Parry [+10]: 1d20+10 = 18, 1d20+10 = 11, 1d20+10 = 29, 1d20+10 = 27, 1d20+10 = 22, 1d20+10 = 15

~~ Brago ~~

Perception [71%]: 1d100 = 15
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 15
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 93

Initiative: 1d20 = 10

Conditions: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Nightvision: 40', Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away), Armor of Ithan [9.00 Min]

Dodge (+4) as needed: 1d20+4 = 20, 1d20+4 = 12, 1d20+4 = 17, 1d20+4 = 17
Last edited by Tyral on Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyral Oslarelar

Weapons:

Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Predat » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:14 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 84 / 70%
JiC: 1d20 = 1 1d100 = 69

Pre looks around and nods to Durak, "Let's do it." Lets get this guy or his body and get out of the sewers. Pre follows Durak looking for traps and also thoroughly checks the door. He is trying to be ready for anything.

Prowl - 1d100 = 53 / 132%
Detect Ambush - 1d100 = 9 / 82%
Intelligence - 1d100 = 98 / 73%
Detect Concealment/Traps - 1d100 = 32 / 72%
Locate Secret Compartment/Doors - 1d100 = 75 / 62%
Pick Locks - 1d100 = 13 / 117%

Pre looks for traps, ambushes and anything else he can find.
Predat Tor

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Light My Fire
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Silhouette » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:53 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 7 1d100 = 42
Perc: 78% / 1d100 = 30
Listen & Awareness: 44%/ 1d100 = 49

Looking to her allies and then the doors, a pair of them, Silhouette wonders if that is the place. Letting Tyral head east to seal the doors to the north of that passage the changeling watches as the elf magically unlocks the doors. She intends to follow but then considers, the door being opened was necessary, but she didn’t have to enter the same way. As she was taught, it was always best if the attack could come from multiple angles and every enemy looking to the doors would be valuable as a distraction.

Telepathically Silhouette sends the elf her side of the plan,”I’ll come in from this other wall. You just think really hard that our quarry is here and I’ll get him out.” Thoughtful the forsaken mage wishes they had a good place to stow the man, but before she realizes she is smiling to herself realizing,”I do have a way!”

So pleased with herself she skips along a the walkway a moment as her self-satisfied manner knows few bounds right then. Moving to the bottom southern path where it corners to an end, Silhouette is so enamored with her new plan she forgets her intentions to wait for Tyral to tell her if this is the correct one. Immediately she creates a one-way Mystic Portal (-9 P.P.E.) on the adjacent eastern wall like her previous ones where the exit was not visible.

Looking excitedly beyond her magical peep-hole she gets ready to spring to action.

Mystic Portal (Epic Spell Award)
(Rifter 03 pg 81) (Ref RUE: pg 219)
Level: 1
P.P.E.: 8 (9)
Range: 50 feet (6.1 m) away; Size: 30 feet (3 m) wide by 60 feet (6.1 m) tall portal/opening; Duration: 2 min/per level; Saving Throw: None.
This spell creates a dimensional Rift in the fabric of space allowing the spell caster to use it in the following ways:
Pass through solid walls: The mage has but to weave the spell targeting a particular, blocked area. The area will shimmer bright and suddenly, a portal or passage will appear as if cut out of the very stone. The portal can create a 12 foot (3.6 m) deep passage per each level of the spell caster in any substance.
Teleportation: The portal can be a doorway to a nearby location known to the spell caster, flawlessly traveling hundreds of feet in an instant. The portal can be placed on a vertical wall, the floor or ceiling. Looking into it reveals what is on the other side. Stepping through it will instantly place the character in that location. Range is a meager 100 feet (30.5 m) per level of experience. The number of how many people can pass through will depend upon how quick they are moving and how long the mage keeps it open; he can close it at any time. Figure 1d6+8 can pass through per melee round (Note by LINDSY: Normal Mystic Portal is 10ft wide, this one at 30ft width, if able to utilize all of it, probably could support 2-3 times that many and more if in a military-like formation.)
One-way passage: Once a character steps through a Mystic Portal, the opening behind him is gone (although people on the portal side can see both the portal and the person who just stepped through it). To return, a new portal must be made on the other side by invoking another Mystic Portal spell. When the spell duration ends, the Mystic Portal vanishes as usual. the mage who created it can make it vanish at will. A Negate Magic may also eliminate it if the spell is successful. Note: A Mystic Portal can NOT be cast on people to use as a Teleport spell. Mystic portals must be cast on a vertical, stationary surface. An Impenetrable Wall of Force will stop a Mystic Portal.

Persistent effects: Strength of Mind; Sixth Sense; Infrared Vision (30 3/4 min; infrared see's through Smoke); Impervious to Poison (5 melees) (Armor of Ithan AR 18/ 180 SDC(4 1/2 min); Enhanced Perception (38 3/4 min); Viper Kiss on blade (2 melee); Telepathy, Superior (15min ½)
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 132/164 | I.S.P.: 24/58 | H.P.: 45(+5)/45 | S.D.C.:37(+20)/45
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:58 pm

Conditions:
Time: 1330

Durak asks, "So do Predat and I open the doors? And Sil, which set of doors is the ones you saw? Don't want to go breaking through the wrong set." Silhouette completely ignores the dwarf.

Tyral & Brago float down the hall to the East. The double-doors he's curious about are on the southern wall. He casts an immobilizing spell on the door along the northern wall, not wanting any surprises. He then proceeds a little further East for safety's sake before casting a sleep spell at an intersection along the southern wall from which raw sewage is flowing vigorously.

Silhouette sends Tyral her intentions telepathically, I’ll come in from this other wall. You just think really hard that our quarry is here and I’ll get him out.

Without clear communication, Durak & Predat gather by their actions what Tyral & Silhouette intend, and so move into position before the double doors along the southern wall. Durak can hear a man's voice on the other side. He's softly cursing between what sound like sobs. Both Durak and Predat note the large padlock on the door, but see no signs of traps of any other kind.

All but Predat begin to hear a number of heavy footfalls as of groups of men running. The disturbances come from the West and from whence they themselves had come. Predat looks around and nods to Durak, "Let's do it."

Silhouette skips along the walkway to the end of the southern walkway and creates a mystic portal (-9 P.P.E.) on the eastern wall. Peering through the parting veil of swirling magic, she sees a dust-covered wood and metal coffin...and then another. She then hears the sounds of feet hurriedly pounding down stairs behind her and to the north.

Tyral casts a spell of release on the double doors, and the padlock parts, and falls to the ground. Durak notes the sound of an exclamation of surprise and alarm come from the person on the other side, and nudges one of the doors hard enough to swing it open slowly. On the other side stands a disheveled man who matches the description of their captive. Durak notes that all the nails from his fingers are missing. His face is a mask of terror at seeing Durak & Predat looming behind him.

Tyral likewise recognizes the man and casts a spell of immobilization on him. (7th level spell/2 APM) A transparent glittering cone the same height as the man manifests about him like a capsule for a tincture.

MAP REVEAL

Butcher's Bill
Tyral: -142 P.P.E.; AoI (A.R.: 18, S.D.C.: 190)
Brago: AoI (A.R.: 18, S.D.C.: 190)
Predat: -33 S.D.C.; AoI (A.R.: 18, S.D.C.: 190)
Sil: -50 P.P.E.; -34 I.S.P.; -8 S.D.C.; AoI (A.R.: 18, S.D.C.: 190)
Augur
Admin

Postby Durak » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:25 pm

Perception: 53% 1d100 = 27
JIC 1d100 = 58 1d20 = 3
Initiative 1d20+1 = 16
APM 6

"We found the captive," Durak says to Tyral, as the elf casts a spell, "well that's going to make getting him out of there a mite more difficult."
Durak hears the approaching footsteps and immediately takes cover inside the doorway.

"Do you hear that, sounds like we have company from that way and that way." Durak points in both directions, "looks like we have their attention."

He makes sure he has his battle axe ready in his left hand, he waits with Stonebiter in his right for an enemy to appear in sight.

OOC Comments
Depending on Tyral, Sil's and Predat's actions, Durak will attack those on their less defended flank, using Stonebiter initially to attack the first to arrive, followed by targeting any mages or archers.

Critical damage on 18-20

Attack 1 1d20+3 = 15 2d4+3 = 7
Attack 2 1d20+3 = 19 2d4+3 = 10
Attack 3 1d20+3 = 15 2d4+3 = 5
Attack 4 1d20+3 = 21 2d4+3 = 7 critical 14 damage
Attack 1 1d20+3 = 10 2d4+3 = 8
Attack 1 1d20+3 = 18 2d4+3 = 8

Dodge if fired upon
1d20+5 = 11
1d20+5 = 23
1d20+5 = 16
1d20+5 = 22
1d20+5 = 23

If the enemy get close enough for hand to hand combat with Durak, he will switch to using his battle axe as his main weapon
He will rely on his armour to protect him unless the other person is obviously skilled, i.e. hits Durak, in which case use the parry options below

Battle Axe
Attack 1 1d20+5 = 24 4d6+8 = 21 critical 42
Attack 2 1d20+5 = 17 4d6+8 = 16
Attack 3 1d20+5 = 18 4d6+8 = 22
Attack 4 1d20+5 = 23 4d6+8 = 20 critical 40
Attack 5 1d20+5 = 14 4d6+8 = 22
Attack 6 1d20+5 = 6 4d6+8 = 15

Parry (as described above)
1d20+7 = 22
1d20+7 = 22
1d20+7 = 9
1d20+7 = 10
1d20+7 = 14
1d20+7 = 22
HP 40
SDC 59
Bracers AR15

Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Previous

Return to Fantasy Adventures