Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Only adventured-related threads are found here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Augur » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:14 pm

Conditions:
Date: 8 May, 345
Time: 1800
Environment: Mixed light rain, smoke, and sunshine outside
Location: The Lycinean Pier, Sea District


Summary so far...
The early evening finds the tavern to be lightly frequented. A handful of sailors, virtually no women, and a skeleton crew of wait staff serve watered ale, and fare so miserable that a few months prior it would be considered food fit only for swine. Still, inside of the tavern is dry and warm, and the stink of old beer and sweat not so strong as in the heat of day. And the damp hanging in the warm night air outside has all the sea-faring folk of the district on edge as such usually speaks of becalmed waters and thirst. As they meet up after their recent, separate adventures, they reconnect in part, and find a growing rift between certain members of those assembled...and this might be one problem for which a strong ale isn't a viable cure-all. Tyral finds his dining request is met with something close to rage mixed with derision by those patrons near enough to hear him and by the wait staff alike; food is getting ever more scarce, and even the ale is running low due to lack of available grains on the market. Alexander De'vaue, Captain of the Duke's Guard, has spoken with Predat and wants his most ruthless and hardened friends (Group A) to investigate the status of Hadrian's Cove, traffic from which has entirely dried up. He privately confided in Predat that he thinks it possible that Hadrian's Cove has been wiped out; why else would traffic entirely cease?

Fox has the general area of a possible source of the Orc raids. Now that they're healed, there is a fat bounty to collect.
What Fox learned
"There are a number of old fortifications in that general region, as a matter of fact, the Eastern Territories are dotted with a high concentration of such given the history of the area, but I believe I recall a lecture from a visiting Dwarven architect about the ruins of an ancient tower that used to be in the same general area which you describe."
Image

Bounty Assignments
  • 1: a bounty for every right ear of an Orc brought in.
  • 2: scout for Orcs and escort refugees back to the city for a period of one week.
  • 3: sub-financed by the Red Brigade finding and eliminating the root of the orc menace that currently plagues the city.
Payment stipulated as follows:
  • 1: one hundred gold per orc ear from hostile tribes--and that's most in the region
  • 2: one thousand gold for a week's demonstrated service as stipulated--notify the guards at the gates when escorting refugees to safety, they'll pass word
  • 3: one hundred thousand gold for ending the orc threat and the source of that threat--this is a single sum, not per member of a group.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4919
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Fox » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:54 am

Perception: 1d100 = 25 of 39%
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 11
JIC: 1d20 = 7
JIC%: 1d100 = 12

Fox spreads out his map and states apologetically, "I am not an expert at cartography, so this may not be perfect, however as you can see the orc lair is nearly on a direct line between Llorn and Hadrian's Cove, if the locations of each are accurate. Also it looks to be just about equally distant from a line strait north from the fourth and fifth stone tower to the south. It is supposed to be a ruined tower, possibly of Dwarf manufacture."

Fox thinks, That is all I know, hopefully it is sufficient. At least I found something, better than coming back empty handed.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Durak » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:42 pm

Perception 53% 1d100 = 23
JIC 1d100 = 28 1d20 = 18

Durak gently traces his finger over the map he tries to remember what he knows about that area. Orc scum always causing problems. Least its not those vermin Coyles.

OOC Comments
Lore: Culture & Customs Western Disputed Lands 46% 1d100 = 39 knowledge of that area - settlements etc. lay of the land etc.


"An abandoned tower around there, especially of dwarven construction would make a good place to strike from." Durak agrees with Fox; he nods as he does so, his chin resting on the hand that is not touching the map, "this is a good place to start our search. Could probably hide a fair size force there. "

Problem is, would a place like that just be on the surface?

OOC Comments
Underground Architecture 61% 1d100 = 14 likelihood and makeup of any underground areas if the ground is suitable for such.
Intelligence 44% 1d100 = 14 possible disposition of forces
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,

viewtopic.php?f=836&t=16296

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Thorgrim » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:42 pm

Per (48%): 1d100 = 7
JiC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 88

Thorgrim considers the map and crosses thick arms across a barrel chest as he considers their options for travel...by the canal, by land, a combination of the two? Are there any other options?

He nods at Fox's map, "If there has been no traffic coming in to the city from the canal... it could be from an occurrence at one of the towns along the canal or worse, there could be an active enemy security presence along the canal itself. If we were to travel by land, we could likely run into the same troubles as we had before - even if I'm the only one who can't see in the dark - were we to settle down at night in the wilderness. We do know the Orcs have been active to the South on the land, a meeting engagement would delay us further, methinks. I propose we look into a combine method. Travel east along the canal for some distance before offloading and making our way south. This way we'd avoid a direct approach from Llorn by land, alone - methinks it likely to encounter Orcish patrols that way. There is rumor of attacks into Hadrians Cove, but if we disembark well before then, we should be fine."

Thor cracks his knuckles thoughtfully, "I've a work horse who can ride as well as he can pull if we are interested in settling up a cart. Not certain if you've had time to refit, Durak, but what else do ya'll think we may need - if anything? We should see if we can hire a ferryman, boat, or something of the sort... if the city guard can make an exception; our waitress did mention a blockade around the city."
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 51/51
S.D.C.: 123/123
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Armor
Leather Of Iron: AR 15
S.D.C.: 110/110


Weapons
Large Iron Shield, Over-sized Claymore, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Durak » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:44 pm

rolls carried

Thorgrim wrote:Thor cracks his knuckles thoughtfully, "I've a work horse who can ride as well as he can pull if we are interested in settling up a cart. Not certain if you've had time to refit, Durak, but what else do ya'll think we may need - if anything? We should see if we can hire a ferryman, boat, or something of the sort... if the city guard can make an exception; our waitress did mention a blockade around the city."


Durak nods vigourously in agreement
"A cart would definitely be good. I have not had to leave the city much since my Red Brigade training, so not had to procure any transportation." Durak then shrugs and smiles, which is just about noticable beneath his bushy beard, "Of course, when I did, I was in a wagon with the supplies so I can repair equipment as necessary among other things. So I can drive a wagon, but stick me on the back of a four legged creature and I'm at its' mercy."

"If there is trouble, a lot of ferrymen or boats might be happy to hire on a few extra guards willing to work for travel." Durak suggests as an approach, "most merchants are not going to complain about cheap extra guards even if its only for a little while. You three are the ones who went out there, so you have first hand experience of what we can expect."


"As for gear, no, I have not had chance to get anything yet, so before we go, I would like to visit a couple of places in the marketplace. Any suggestions of whom does good work and fast are always appreciated. If we have not already, some field rations should be purchased that we can supplement whilst out in the field, some climbing gear as we might have to go up or down at the tower. If you have time and money, there are items alchemists can provide to enable you to see in the dark. Means we are not reliant on torches for you and it does help us to be able to sneak around easier."
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,

viewtopic.php?f=836&t=16296

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Fox » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:13 am

(Rolls Held over)
Fox remembers that he has to go back and pick up his armor and thinks, The repairs should be done, as it has been enough time.

Of course, that is an Alchemist...

He says to Durak, "I can go with you, I have to pick something up."

OOC Comments
I am assuming it actually has been a few days, I seem to recall something being said about time passing. That will also mean I will be healed and my ISP recovered.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Augur » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:15 pm

Return to Llorn: 0230, 6 May, 345
Current Date: 1800, 8 May, 345
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4919
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Durak » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:16 pm

Rolls carried

Fox wrote:He says to Durak, "I can go with you, I have to pick something up."


Durak raises an eyebrow at Fox being the one to suggest an alchemist; it never struck me that Fox uses magical items. Don't know why I assumed that. Maybe it just did not seem to be his nature.

"You know a good one?" Durak asks as he reaches down and collects his gear to get ready to go. One of the items was the bag of holding that Tyral made. His hand hovers for a second as he debates with himself

Don't be a fool. Despite what you may think of him, this is still useful. He resolves his inner argument and picks it all up.

"So where to?"

OOC Comments
deal with it here or in the marketplace thread?
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15

Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,

viewtopic.php?f=836&t=16296

Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Fox » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:15 am

(Rolls Held over)
Fox explains, "I was given magic armor as part of my reward, and it was damaged while fighting the Orcs, I need to check on the progress of the repairs,it may take a day or two more. I can do without it, my Chainmail works very nearly as well. Hopefully he is a good alchemist, he was recommended to me"

He will lead the way to Valrun's.

http://explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=871&t=14579
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am


Return to Fantasy Adventures

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest