Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Only adventured-related threads are found here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Augur » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:14 pm

Conditions:
Date: 8 May, 345
Time: 1800
Environment: Mixed light rain, smoke, and sunshine outside
Location: The Lycinean Pier, Sea District


Summary so far...
The early evening finds the tavern to be lightly frequented. A handful of sailors, virtually no women, and a skeleton crew of wait staff serve watered ale, and fare so miserable that a few months prior it would be considered food fit only for swine. Still, inside of the tavern is dry and warm, and the stink of old beer and sweat not so strong as in the heat of day. And the damp hanging in the warm night air outside has all the sea-faring folk of the district on edge as such usually speaks of becalmed waters and thirst. As they meet up after their recent, separate adventures, they reconnect in part, and find a growing rift between certain members of those assembled...and this might be one problem for which a strong ale isn't a viable cure-all. Tyral finds his dining request is met with something close to rage mixed with derision by those patrons near enough to hear him and by the wait staff alike; food is getting ever more scarce, and even the ale is running low due to lack of available grains on the market. Alexander De'vaue, Captain of the Duke's Guard, has spoken with Predat and wants his most ruthless and hardened friends (Group A) to investigate the status of Hadrian's Cove, traffic from which has entirely dried up. He privately confided in Predat that he thinks it possible that Hadrian's Cove has been wiped out; why else would traffic entirely cease?

Fox has the general area of a possible source of the Orc raids. Now that they're healed, there is a fat bounty to collect.
What Fox learned
"There are a number of old fortifications in that general region, as a matter of fact, the Eastern Territories are dotted with a high concentration of such given the history of the area, but I believe I recall a lecture from a visiting Dwarven architect about the ruins of an ancient tower that used to be in the same general area which you describe."
Image

Bounty Assignments
  • 1: a bounty for every right ear of an Orc brought in.
  • 2: scout for Orcs and escort refugees back to the city for a period of one week.
  • 3: sub-financed by the Red Brigade finding and eliminating the root of the orc menace that currently plagues the city.
Payment stipulated as follows:
  • 1: one hundred gold per orc ear from hostile tribes--and that's most in the region
  • 2: one thousand gold for a week's demonstrated service as stipulated--notify the guards at the gates when escorting refugees to safety, they'll pass word
  • 3: one hundred thousand gold for ending the orc threat and the source of that threat--this is a single sum, not per member of a group.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5041
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Fox » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:54 am

Perception: 1d100 = 25 of 39%
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 11
JIC: 1d20 = 7
JIC%: 1d100 = 12

Fox spreads out his map and states apologetically, "I am not an expert at cartography, so this may not be perfect, however as you can see the orc lair is nearly on a direct line between Llorn and Hadrian's Cove, if the locations of each are accurate. Also it looks to be just about equally distant from a line strait north from the fourth and fifth stone tower to the south. It is supposed to be a ruined tower, possibly of Dwarf manufacture."

Fox thinks, That is all I know, hopefully it is sufficient. At least I found something, better than coming back empty handed.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Durak » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:42 pm

Perception 53% 1d100 = 23
JIC 1d100 = 28 1d20 = 18

Durak gently traces his finger over the map he tries to remember what he knows about that area. Orc scum always causing problems. Least its not those vermin Coyles.

OOC Comments
Lore: Culture & Customs Western Disputed Lands 46% 1d100 = 39 knowledge of that area - settlements etc. lay of the land etc.


"An abandoned tower around there, especially of dwarven construction would make a good place to strike from." Durak agrees with Fox; he nods as he does so, his chin resting on the hand that is not touching the map, "this is a good place to start our search. Could probably hide a fair size force there. "

Problem is, would a place like that just be on the surface?

OOC Comments
Underground Architecture 61% 1d100 = 14 likelihood and makeup of any underground areas if the ground is suitable for such.
Intelligence 44% 1d100 = 14 possible disposition of forces
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Thorgrim » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:42 pm

Per (48%): 1d100 = 7
JiC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 88

Thorgrim considers the map and crosses thick arms across a barrel chest as he considers their options for travel...by the canal, by land, a combination of the two? Are there any other options?

He nods at Fox's map, "If there has been no traffic coming in to the city from the canal... it could be from an occurrence at one of the towns along the canal or worse, there could be an active enemy security presence along the canal itself. If we were to travel by land, we could likely run into the same troubles as we had before - even if I'm the only one who can't see in the dark - were we to settle down at night in the wilderness. We do know the Orcs have been active to the South on the land, a meeting engagement would delay us further, methinks. I propose we look into a combine method. Travel east along the canal for some distance before offloading and making our way south. This way we'd avoid a direct approach from Llorn by land, alone - methinks it likely to encounter Orcish patrols that way. There is rumor of attacks into Hadrians Cove, but if we disembark well before then, we should be fine."

Thor cracks his knuckles thoughtfully, "I've a work horse who can ride as well as he can pull if we are interested in settling up a cart. Not certain if you've had time to refit, Durak, but what else do ya'll think we may need - if anything? We should see if we can hire a ferryman, boat, or something of the sort... if the city guard can make an exception; our waitress did mention a blockade around the city."
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 53/53
S.D.C.: 139/139
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Armor
Leather Of Iron: AR 15
S.D.C.: 110/110


Weapons
Large Iron Shield, Over-sized Claymore, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Durak » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:44 pm

rolls carried

Thorgrim wrote:Thor cracks his knuckles thoughtfully, "I've a work horse who can ride as well as he can pull if we are interested in settling up a cart. Not certain if you've had time to refit, Durak, but what else do ya'll think we may need - if anything? We should see if we can hire a ferryman, boat, or something of the sort... if the city guard can make an exception; our waitress did mention a blockade around the city."


Durak nods vigourously in agreement
"A cart would definitely be good. I have not had to leave the city much since my Red Brigade training, so not had to procure any transportation." Durak then shrugs and smiles, which is just about noticable beneath his bushy beard, "Of course, when I did, I was in a wagon with the supplies so I can repair equipment as necessary among other things. So I can drive a wagon, but stick me on the back of a four legged creature and I'm at its' mercy."

"If there is trouble, a lot of ferrymen or boats might be happy to hire on a few extra guards willing to work for travel." Durak suggests as an approach, "most merchants are not going to complain about cheap extra guards even if its only for a little while. You three are the ones who went out there, so you have first hand experience of what we can expect."


"As for gear, no, I have not had chance to get anything yet, so before we go, I would like to visit a couple of places in the marketplace. Any suggestions of whom does good work and fast are always appreciated. If we have not already, some field rations should be purchased that we can supplement whilst out in the field, some climbing gear as we might have to go up or down at the tower. If you have time and money, there are items alchemists can provide to enable you to see in the dark. Means we are not reliant on torches for you and it does help us to be able to sneak around easier."
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Fox » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:13 am

(Rolls Held over)
Fox remembers that he has to go back and pick up his armor and thinks, The repairs should be done, as it has been enough time.

Of course, that is an Alchemist...

He says to Durak, "I can go with you, I have to pick something up."

OOC Comments
I am assuming it actually has been a few days, I seem to recall something being said about time passing. That will also mean I will be healed and my ISP recovered.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Augur » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:15 pm

Return to Llorn: 0230, 6 May, 345
Current Date: 1800, 8 May, 345
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5041
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Durak » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:16 pm

Rolls carried

Fox wrote:He says to Durak, "I can go with you, I have to pick something up."


Durak raises an eyebrow at Fox being the one to suggest an alchemist; it never struck me that Fox uses magical items. Don't know why I assumed that. Maybe it just did not seem to be his nature.

"You know a good one?" Durak asks as he reaches down and collects his gear to get ready to go. One of the items was the bag of holding that Tyral made. His hand hovers for a second as he debates with himself

Don't be a fool. Despite what you may think of him, this is still useful. He resolves his inner argument and picks it all up.

"So where to?"

OOC Comments
deal with it here or in the marketplace thread?
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Fox » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:15 am

(Rolls Held over)
Fox explains, "I was given magic armor as part of my reward, and it was damaged while fighting the Orcs, I need to check on the progress of the repairs,it may take a day or two more. I can do without it, my Chainmail works very nearly as well. Hopefully he is a good alchemist, he was recommended to me"

He will lead the way to Valrun's.

http://explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=871&t=14579
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Tolliver Trask » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:43 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 14/62%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 9; 1d100 = 52
Conditions: Immune to Fire, Resistant to Cold, Sixth Sense.

Trask sits at the table with the others and sighs. A quick rummage through his pouches produces his crudely carved wooden pipe and a small pouch of tobacco. Trask listens to the others as they talk, but doesn't add anything immediately as he slowly works a pick into the hole of the pipe to make sure it's clear. Anyone watching can see that his hands are well practiced in the action and that he isn't really paying attention to the pipe. After a minute or so, Trask grabs a measure of tobacco and packs it into the bowl. Placing the pipes stem into his mouth Trask reaches over and lights a small piece of fatwood off of the candle or lantern on the table, and brings it back to the pipe, a few pulls and the pipe is lit, and Trask is shaking the stick out to douse the flame. All of the extra accouterments go back into the pouch and are put away where they were taken from.

Trask finally looks up from what one could only describe as a self centering ritual. "So ten days there, and they have a tower. Sounds a bit like the campaign to retake Northholme." Trask says with snort. "Without seeing their layout, I would only be able to give the most basic of plans. Approach the location, sneak in the dawn hours when the majority of them are likely asleep." Trask says with a shrug. "The extra details would need quite a bit of reconnaissance."

Trask stays put once a majority of his party leaves to go shopping.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Thorgrim » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:37 am

Per (48%):1d100 = 13
JiC: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 31

Thorgrim nods idly as he considers what Durak has offered in regards to ferrymen being in potential need of guards, and alchemical aids for the barbarian warrior to see in the dark. Hmph, I'd not be too keen on dropping coin on for some 'eyes of an owl' concoction... especially if it tastes like a 'piss of a goat' potion, haha! "Valid points, Durak. That's good input; best of luck to you and Fox in the Market. I'll be around here once you're back, readying a cart we haven't used in some time. I'll also check with some of these sailors about scoring a ride along the canal." Thorgrim raises a hand, farewelling them as they exit the premises.

Trask wrote:"So ten days there, and they have a tower. Sounds a bit like the campaign to retake Northholme." Trask says with snort. "Without seeing their layout, I would only be able to give the most basic of plans. Approach the location, sneak in the dawn hours when the majority of them are likely asleep." Trask says with a shrug. "The extra details would need quite a bit of reconnaissance."


I'd prefer not to take it like Northolme, with only four of us. That didn't work out too well for my father...
Thorgrim leans forward in his chair rests an elbow on the table absently raps his knuckles on the table as he thinks out loud. "Ten days over land wouldn't be wise, methinks. Any roads or routes traveling between that location and Llorn are bound to be patrolled if not guarded by the Orcs, we'd surely run in to some unwanted company along the way - after our last outing, we were spent after our first encounter and had to return... we can't afford to keep doing that... Well, if we can get passage at least part of the way along the canal, half the distance to Neven it seems, and then move south to the estimated location we'd may fair better. Those routes, may have less reason to be guarded by the orcs and should be a better option for us." He looks up at Trask, and nods. "I do agree once we're close to this place we must keep a low signature. Conduct some limited observation perhaps, before deciding on our next move." Thor stands up and stretches his legs, looking around to room to see which of these sea-faring folks or dockworkers look the most approachable. "Trask, you want to work the room for me and see if we can't find a 'canal ferry' option?"

Once decided on the most approachable looking candidate, Thorgrim will approach. Hopefully they're in a good mood today, and I won't have to do this the hard way.

Invoke Trust (45%): 1d100 = 86 (attempting to assure a potential patron of their safety with Thor, etc serving as guards)
Bartering (52%): 1d100 = 31 (attempting to reach acceptable terms for passage)

"Pardon me Sir (or mam), myself and a handful of my seasoned comrades-in-arms are looking for guard work outside of the City. We bore of these dank conditions, and find that there's more gold to be had in being out and about slaying orcs. We're looking for transport along the Canal to the east - approximately half the distance to Neven - and would be willing to offer our services as guards completely free in exchange. We'd need room for four of us, with mounts, and a small horse drawn cart. Any idea where we'd be able find an interested party? I'd be happy to pay for a drink, friend, if you're too parched to speak...
Hopefully this one doesn't cost me too much of my gold...OR patience!
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 53/53
S.D.C.: 139/139
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Armor
Leather Of Iron: AR 15
S.D.C.: 110/110


Weapons
Large Iron Shield, Over-sized Claymore, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Augur » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:08 pm

Conditions:
Date: 8 May, 345
Time: 1800
Environment: Mixed light rain, smoke, and sunshine outside
Location: The Lycinean Pier, Sea District


Thorgrim wrote:"Pardon me, sir. Myself and a handful of my seasoned comrades-in-arms are looking for guard work outside of the city. We bore of these dank conditions, and find that there's more gold to be had in being out and about slaying orcs. We're looking for transport along the Grand Canal to the east - approximately half the distance to Neven - and would be willing to offer our services as guards completely free in exchange. We'd need room for four of us, with mounts, and a small horse drawn cart. Any idea where we'd be able find an interested party? I'd be happy to pay for a drink, friend, if you're too parched to speak...
Hopefully this one doesn't cost me too much of my gold...OR patience!


The man turns around to look Thorgrim up and down. "Aye, I suppose ye do at that there. Ye don't look such as yerself 'ave yer sea legs. 'ave you e'er even been on a ship before, lad? I don't 'ave a ship anymore. I gave up the open seas years ago, but I do 'ave a barge an' I be 'eadin' to Neven in the mornin' at dawn. Protection in exchange fer passage 'alf way there? I can agree to that there deal."
Image
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5041
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Fox » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:08 am

Perception: 1d100 = 10 of 42%
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 18
JIC: 1d20 = 13
JIC%: 1d100 = 44

Fox, eventually, makes his way back to join Thorgrim. He is now wearing his studded leather armor with his other gear redistributed.

He says, "Dwarf be here soon, he signing papers." It is not quite proper Eastern, but should get the point across.

He wonders, Is this sailor going to object to hauling a Kankoran...or be bothered by my wearing armor? He does not know I can float...

He will introduce himself, "I am Fox, with the healer's guild." That should help put the Sailor's mind to rest, at least a little.

Technically true, Fox remains a member of the Healer's Guild, but he is also more than that, he has been training since the Dragon fell with the Knights of Llorn. One of them witnessed his part of the battle, small though that was, and is acting as his sponsor. He may not have his own shield, lance, and horse, but he is learning how to use them. Fox can not talk about it, but he remembers another group of Knights on a hidden place. One of their number had rescued him, and he has longed since to return and join their number. He had been told he needed to be a Knight first, and to learn a power Healers know about, but do not have, the gift of Psychometry. He would also need to return to the Land at the Top of the World and complete a quest for the King to become one of their number.

Well, he could do a quest before heading back, if that quest is something the King would want done. There is one thing he has been told the King wants...but so far he has yet to hear even rumors of lost items of Crystal Magic that he could bring back to the Valley.
Last edited by Fox on Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Durak » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:23 am

Perception: 53% 1d100 = 75
JIC 1d20 = 2 1d100 = 38

Having finished his shopping, Durak drags it to where Thorgrim's wagon is and deposits the heavy bulky items inside, notably the tent for them to share and the coils of rope. Catching up with the others, Durak sees that Thorgrim had taken his suggestion onboard. Heartened that they had actually listened to him, he joins Fox and Thorgrim, stowing his new axe on his back.

"Durak Stonesplitter at your service Captain," Durak gives the man a slight bow as he looks at the barge.

"If you need one, I can do repairs to your vessel should it require some," Durak tells the captain
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Tolliver Trask » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:31 am

Perception: 1d100 = 53/62%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 20; 1d100 = 76
Conditions: Immune to Fire, Resistant to Cold, Sixth Sense.

Thorgrim wrote:"Ten days over land wouldn't be wise, methinks. Any roads or routes traveling between that location and Llorn are bound to be patrolled if not guarded by the Orcs, we'd surely run in to some unwanted company along the way - after our last outing, we were spent after our first encounter and had to return... we can't afford to keep doing that... Well, if we can get passage at least part of the way along the canal, half the distance to Neven it seems, and then move south to the estimated location we'd may fair better. Those routes, may have less reason to be guarded by the orcs and should be a better option for us."


Trask shrugs. "From the way Llorn is suffering, I would think no means of transportation is safe. By the sounds of it their is an orc behind every blade of grass. No idea what the Red Brigade is doing, but it surely doesn't seem to be it's job. It's distasteful even. Sure though a trip down the Canal seems fine." Trask says very obviously annoyed by just about everything.

Thorgrim wrote:He looks up at Trask, and nods. "I do agree once we're close to this place we must keep a low signature. Conduct some limited observation perhaps, before deciding on our next move."


Trask nods. "It's the wisest move." Trask says matter of factly.

Thorgrim wrote:"Trask, you want to work the room for me and see if we can't find a 'canal ferry' option?"


Trask shakes his head. "If you want me to scare the people away maybe. I'm not a people person." Trask says with a scowl.

Augur wrote:"Aye, I suppose ye do at that there. Ye don't look such as yerself 'ave yer sea legs. 'ave you e'er even been on a ship before, lad? I don't 'ave a ship anymore. I gave up the open seas years ago, but I do 'ave a barge an' I be 'eadin' to Neven in the mornin' at dawn. Protection in exchange fer passage 'alf way there? I can agree to that there deal."


"How big is your barge? Can it accommodate a mule?" Trask ask the barge captain. I'm not carrying a campaign worth of gear on my back. Trask thinks sourly.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Thorgrim » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:37 am

Per (48%): 1d100 = 23
JiC: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 59

Barge Captain wrote:"Aye, I suppose ye do at that there. Ye don't look such as yerself 'ave yer sea legs. 'ave you e'er even been on a ship before, lad? I don't 'ave a ship anymore. I gave up the open seas years ago, but I do 'ave a barge an' I be 'eadin' to Neven in the mornin' at dawn. Protection in exchange fer passage 'alf way there? I can agree to that there deal."


Passage! Success!

Thorgrim offers the Captain a firm handshake and answers, "I've not been one to sail the open sea yet, but I can navigate by the stars, work a line with the best of them, and even catch a decent meal angling for fish. Happy of course to offer those services in addition to killing - my primary profession, hehe. I'll gather my companions, and bring around our mounts, cart and belongings for our expedition. We could get loaded now and meet back at the barge tomorrow morning? First light? I don't suppose we'd be able to work out transport back to Llorn from where you end up dropping us off from the canal, once our business is done, of course? Any idea when you'd be heading west again, or is it too soon to know?"

Once conversations are done Thorgrim will excuse himself to retrieve Bill, check his saddlebags, and rig the cart for towing - he leaves the two large chests in his room at the Lycinean Pier ((OOC: takes everything else with the cart within the "Lycinean Pier Storage" thread)).
Once he sees Durak and Trask, he will ask for some assistance. "Durak, if you're a teamster perhaps you get can this professionally arranged better than I can? Trask, do you think Garrick could help Bill with pulling the cart? 'Many hands -or hooves I should say- make light work'...

Horsemanship: General (68%): 1d100 = 67 -- attempting to successfully set up the cart for Bill to tow it
Rope Works (68%): 1d100 = 98 -- attempting to successfully set up the harness for Bill to tow the cart
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 53/53
S.D.C.: 139/139
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Armor
Leather Of Iron: AR 15
S.D.C.: 110/110


Weapons
Large Iron Shield, Over-sized Claymore, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Augur » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:45 am

Conditions:
Date: 9 May, 345
Time: 0600
Environment: Mixed light rain, smoke, and sunshine outside
Location: The Lycinean Pier, Sea District

Intel
Image


Recap
The barge captain pays no mind to Fox one way or another. If he's prejudiced, he either keeps such to himself professionally, or is mollified by Fox's own professional affiliation.

Durak wrote:"If you need one, I can do repairs to your vessel should it require some."

The barge captain nods appreciatively. "The barge be a simple craft, but that there might be useful should we encounter any problems. Let's 'ope we'll not need such."

Trask wrote:"How big is your barge? Can it accommodate a mule?"

"The barge be quite large. It be not a raft, after all. Aye, it can accommodate a mule, but instead o' yer beasts bein' dead weight, we'll put them to use an' feed them. Ye see, 'adrian's cove an' Neven be upstream; the barge will 'ave to be pulled from the riverbank. I already 'ave a team o' mules contracted fer just this here purpose, but the teamster reports 'avin' lost some o' 'is beasts to predation o' the upright variety, so we'll supplement 'is team with yer own. Should be more familiarrr fer the beasts, too. It be a rare animal that there takes kindly to bein' on the water."

Thorgrim wrote:"I've not been one to sail the open sea yet, but I can navigate by the stars, work a line with the best of them, and even catch a decent meal angling for fish. Happy of course to offer those services in addition to killing - my primary profession. I'll gather my companions, and bring around our mounts, cart and belongings for our expedition. We could get loaded now and meet back at the barge tomorrow morning? First light? I don't suppose we'd be able to work out transport back to Llorn from where you end up dropping us off from the canal, once our business is done, of course? Any idea when you'd be heading west again, or is it too soon to know?"

"Aye, too soon to know, mate," responds the barge captain.

The Next Morning
As planned, Durak, Fox, Thorgrim, and Trask all assemble at the pier by the Grand Canal in the morning. The banks of the canal are lined with people fishing and even trying to spear fish such is the hunger in the city. Their beasts are relieved of their burdens and hitched to a large train of horses and mules tethered to the barge. The party gets all of their gear on board and stake out a vacant spot near the "bow" of the barge where the cargo is light. They note that the barge is laden with finished goods alone, not a perishable item is to be found on the barge that isn't one of their or the crew's personal possessions. Within an hour the barge is unmoored from the pier, and the teamster driving the mule train gets the beasts working. Before long, the barge is proceeding down river at a steady five knots and the teamster on shore's primary duty is to keep the beasts all moving in unison.

Hours pass and the walls of Llorn recede behind the hills and forests surrounding the city. The dirt track which parallels the canal is well-worn and clear of impediments. Periodically, the teamster's assistants feed and water the beasts while they're on the move. Most of the work for the train is to simply keep the momentum of the barge going, so the hard, lathering work is well behind them. The group on board the barge have a lazy day of relaxing in the sun, maintaining their gear, telling each other stories, and playing cards. The half dozen men of the barge crew take shifts at maintain the barge's safe distance from the shore and from snags using long poles to lever the barge away from navigational hazards, and they work in coordination with the teamster to keep the barge moving up river in a steady, orderly fashion.

Conditions:
Date: 10 May, 345
Time: 0200
Environment: Cool morning, light north-to-south breeze
Location: 5 miles or so due west of Neven

Intel
Image


The Arrival
In the small hours, the barge captain nudges Trask awake with a friendly shove of his boot. "Awake, lads. We be 'ere. ye did not 'ave to earn yer keep this here day. Count yer blessings an' be off. The lights o' Neven be but an 'our's walk from 'ere, but I ken from yer weapons that there ye'll be 'eadin' elsewhere, so jolly luck to ye, an' keep yer wits about ye." The group rises from their rest, and walks along the gangplank to the worn path beside the canal. Their beasts are already detached from the train and grazing along the bank beside Thorgrim's wagon. By the time the group has the beasts hitched to the wagon, the barge is already pushed off and the mule-train in motion once again. True to the barge captain's word, there is the faint glow to the east of lights indicative of a small settlement, presumably, the town of Neven.

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Durak:
Fox:
Thorgrim:
Trask:
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5041
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Tolliver Trask » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:39 am

Perception: 1d100 = 53/62%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 9; 1d100 = 39
Conditions: Immune to Fire, Resistant to Cold, Sixth Sense.

Augur wrote:In the small hours, the barge captain nudges Trask awake with a friendly shove of his boot. "Awake, lads. We be 'ere. ye did not 'ave to earn yer keep this here day. Count yer blessings an' be off. The lights o' Neven be but an 'our's walk from 'ere, but I ken from yer weapons that there ye'll be 'eadin' elsewhere, so jolly luck to ye, an' keep yer wits about ye."


Trask shakes his head. "Thanks for the wake up call." Trask says as he grabs what little gear he's not currently wearing and gets himself arranged. Trask helps the barge crew unload his stuff and gets it situated on his oldest friend, Garrick the Mule. "It's okay my friend we'll find a nice place to camp and you'll get to sleep." Trask says quietly to his mule.

Trask waves when the Barge begins to make way again. "So to Neven or do we make our way south? I personally think we should head to Neven, we can get a nights sleep and gather information from the locals from there." Trask says as he looks to the receding Barge and the now general lack of light. Either way we're going to have a rough time of it. Trask thinks pessimistically.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Fox » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:49 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 29 of 42%
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 10
JIC: 1d20 = 17
JIC%: 1d100 = 54

Fox turns his healing abilities to manipulating himself, granting himself enhanced Night Vision (Night Vision 4 ISP, range 600 ft, duration: 10 minutes per level). He looks around and spreads his ears wide, raising his nose to scent the wind...testing for any trace of an ambush. He Thinks, I am glad I focused on learning this trick, it will come in handy for fighting Orcs.

Recognize Scent: 1d100 = 5 of 32%

Assuming he detects no sign of Orcs nearby, he will look for a decent trail to lead away from the Canal and for a reasonable place to shelter until dawn.

Wilderness Survival: 1d100 = 11 of 60%

Fox says, "I would prefer finding our way south, I am looking over the area for shelters and Orcs."
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Durak » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:44 am

Perception 53% 1d100 = 50
JIC 1d100 = 20 1d20 = 10

Thorgrim wrote:Once he sees Durak and Trask, he will ask for some assistance. "Durak, if you're a teamster perhaps you get can this professionally arranged better than I can? Trask, do you think Garrick could help Bill with pulling the cart? 'Many hands -or hooves I should say- make light work'...


Multiple animals will make it easier, Durak agrees, !I will will hitch them both up once we depart the barge."


Augur wrote:The Next Morning


Durak keeps part of the watch, keeping any eye out for any potential trouble as they travel on the barge. As he has heard about the ambush that cost jakkin his life, he does not want them to suffer the same fate.


Augur wrote:The Arrival
In the small hours, the barge captain nudges Trask awake with a friendly shove of his boot. "Awake, lads. We be 'ere. ye did not 'ave to earn yer keep this here day. Count yer blessings an' be off. The lights o' Neven be but an 'our's walk from 'ere, but I ken from yer weapons that there ye'll be 'eadin' elsewhere, so jolly luck to ye, an' keep yer wits about ye." The group rises from their rest, and walks along the gangplank to the worn path beside the canal. Their beasts are already detached from the train and grazing along the bank beside Thorgrim's wagon. By the time the group has the beasts hitched to the wagon, the barge is already pushed off and the mule-train in motion once again. True to the barge captain's word, there is the faint glow to the east of lights indicative of a small settlement, presumably, the town of Neven.



"Thank you Captain," Durak says, as he shakes his hand, "safe journey and mayhap we will see you again." He removes his gear from the barge, placing it in the cart what he is not carrying on his person.

As the cart is sorted, Durak sets about hitching both horse and pony to the wagon. As he can see in the dark, the darkness does not pose any issues for him.

OOC Comments
Teamster 51% 1d100 = 9 hitching animals if dice roll required
Teamster 51% 1d100 = 44


Tolliver Trask wrote:"So to Neven or do we make our way south? I personally think we should head to Neven, we can get a nights sleep and gather information from the locals from there.

Fox wrote:Fox says, "I would prefer finding our way south, I am looking over the area for shelters and Orcs."


Durak looks in the distance at the lights of Neven and sighs. Chance of a bed vs sleeping rough; he knew which one he would prefer.

"I agree about heading to Neven first. We do have a tent large enough for all of us, but better to take advantage of civilisation whilst possible. Also, as the nearest large settlement to our objective, it is a potential source of intelligence. Otherwise, we will need to speak to local farmers, hunters, militia etc. to get the lay of the land." Durak looks at the items in the back of the cart and does some thinking. "We can also double check supplies and decide if there is anything else that we need to get. If it comes to it, I can repair both normal items and magical armour in the field with this." Durak holds up a hammer that had been hanging on his belt and armour.
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Thorgrim » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:29 pm

Per (63%): 1d100 = 86
(additional +25% to recognize changes in weather and dangerous conditions in the wild)
(additional +25% to recognize plants. roots. and insects that can be eaten to provide nourishment)
(additional +15% to recognize animal aggression; successful roll provides +1 on initiative and +2 to dodge the animal if attacked)

JiC: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 79

Barge Captain wrote:"Awake, lads. We be 'ere. ye did not 'ave to earn yer keep this here day. Count yer blessings an' be off. The lights o' Neven be but an 'our's walk from 'ere, but I ken from yer weapons that there ye'll be 'eadin' elsewhere, so jolly luck to ye, an' keep yer wits about ye."


Thorgrim's massive frame shakes and stretches like a jungle cat, his teeth gleaming slightingly in the limited moonlight as he grins like a Cheshire Cat. Time to be back about our Orc hunting business. We're lucky the barge ride was as uneventful as it was. Still, it was nice to have a little fortune favor us, this time.
With his eyes opening to the darkness from his slumber, Thor peers into the darkness and listens intently to the wilderness of his surroundings as he disembarks the barge. He mutters to no one in particular, "Good to be in familiar territory, and out in the wild again."
Once on the land, south of the canal with his companions, he pulls out the cloak of shadows from his backpack. He fastens it around his shoulders; draws it around his leather of iron, clothing himself in the darkness of the night. About time I finally used this.

Trask wrote:"So to Neven or do we make our way south? I personally think we should head to Neven, we can get a nights sleep and gather information from the locals from there."


Thorgrim shrugs his shoulders, adjusting the fit of his cloak. He turns and addresses Trask, "Back in Llorn, I recommended we take a route along the canal then directly south... as to avoid settlements and the roads connecting them, to reach our next objective. I suggest we do the same, else we could just have walked along a main road - departing directly from Llorn's eastern gate. Thorgrim shakes his head, comfort based decisions will be the death of us.
Invoke Trust (45%): 1d100 = 99 - assure Trask of his plan

Durak wrote:"I agree about heading to Neven first. We do have a tent large enough for all of us, but better to take advantage of civilisation whilst possible. Also, as the nearest large settlement to our objective, it is a potential source of intelligence. Otherwise, we will need to speak to local farmers, hunters, militia etc. to get the lay of the land." Durak looks at the items in the back of the cart and does some thinking. "We can also double check supplies and decide if there is anything else that we need to get. If it comes to it, I can repair both normal items and magical armour in the field with this."


Thor's head ceases shaking as he fully turns around to address Durak and Trask, whom he can't believe he might actually have to argue with over the Neven!? Really... freakin' Neven!? issue. The barbarian tries to compose himself as best he can't before addressing his companions with what he feels is going to be a one-way conversation.
"Damn the large tent, for now at least, master dwarf." Thorgrim points south into the darkness of the wilderness. "If we wanted to head to Neven, then why wouldn't we just have ridden the barge all the way there? If we come across local farmers, hunters, and others then so be it. Best to speak to those living outside a city's walls, methinks. In any case, screw the speculation for now; Neven's lights could mean it's ablaze for all we know. What we do know is that we're hunting bloody Orcs, and I snatched one up with a shred of his life left and found out from him where to head next - and it wasn't Neven, for Balgor's sake."
Intimidate (45%): 1d100 = 3 - insist to Durak the 'way forward'

How is it that a mangy wolfling is the only damn one that I'm not crossed with?
"If you all would oblige, let's move south for a mile or so, and then locate a spot to hold up for the rest of the night." The slightest bit of Thorgrim, the barbarian warrior, feels sheepish for how coarse he was with his company... the slightest bit.

Land Navigation (71%): 1d100 = 57 - determine a route and location approx 1 mile to the south of the party's current location, adjacent to the canal

Astronomy and Navigation (53%): 1d100 = 78 - backup/reinforce Land Navigation attempt using the stars at night

Wilderness Survival (78%): 1d100 = 27 - look out for and mitigate any potential wilderness related risks while traveling and setting up a temporary shelter in the dark, once they reach a suitable position for the rest of the night

Prowl (78%): 1d100 = 88 (w/ cloak of shadows) - moves on foot, ahead of the rest and trying to keep a low signature.
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 53/53
S.D.C.: 139/139
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Armor
Leather Of Iron: AR 15
S.D.C.: 110/110


Weapons
Large Iron Shield, Over-sized Claymore, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Fox » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:53 am

(Rolls carried over)
Fox cocks his head, well at least one of the others seems to see things my way, he thinks.

Aloud, he says, "The Orcs are likely watching the town, it is the most reasonable staging area for attacks against them. If I were the Orc leader, I would try to make sure no one gets in or out of Neven safely. What methods I would use depend on the resources available, but right now, it is probably the least safe place to go by land."
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Tolliver Trask » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:57 pm

((Rolls carried Over))
Conditions: I.S.P.: 35

Skills:
Activates Nightvision (4 I.S.P.; Range: 600 feet; Duration: 60 minutes).
Detect Ambush 1d100 = 87/55% (To check the area for current or past ambush spots.)
Detect Concealment & Traps 1d100 = 42/50% (To check the area for possible concealed orc positions.)


Trask looks to Thorgrim and Fox. "We have so little information on what is even going on that seeing if the townfolk in the town nearest to the supposed Ocrish encampment would know, seems like a good idea." Trask says calmly.

Trask looks to Fox specifically. "If the orcs were besieging the town, I do believe there would be a whole lot more fire and smoke. As orcs aren't particularly known for their tact." Trask says calmly once more.

Trask Wills himself to see better in the dark and takes a few minutes to walk around and check the area for signs of anything dangerous having been in the area in the last while.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Fox » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:13 am

(Rolls held over)
Fox joins Trask, "Scouting the area, no matter what we decide to do after, is a good idea."

He glances at the others, "We should stick together, our biggest problem last time seemed to be that we were too spread out and the enemy got the drop on us."

Prowl: 1d100 = 65 of 50%

OOC Comments
Not sure if I get a bonus for using prowl in a natural setting, but probably failed anyway.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Durak » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:47 am

rolls carried

Thorgrim wrote:"Damn the large tent, for now at least, master dwarf." Thorgrim points south into the darkness of the wilderness. "If we wanted to head to Neven, then why wouldn't we just have ridden the barge all the way there? If we come across local farmers, hunters, and others then so be it. Best to speak to those living outside a city's walls, methinks. In any case, screw the speculation for now; Neven's lights could mean it's ablaze for all we know. What we do know is that we're hunting bloody Orcs, and I snatched one up with a shred of his life left and found out from him where to head next - and it wasn't Neven, for Balgor's sake."
Intimidate (45%): Invalid dice code! - insist to Durak the 'way forward'


Durak takes a step back as Thorgrim's personality comes full force.
OOC Comments
well, you did get a critical success so Durak is certainly somewhat scared of you as you are also almost literally double his size


I have had it with arrogant knuckledraggers who insist it is their way or the carriageway. Durak fumes to himself. He takes a second not to draw a weapon. Recent arguments with Tyral had made it that he was not willing to put up with a lot of rubbish from people.

"You disagree with Trask and I," Durak says through gritted teeth, attempting to be polite, " and you feel strongly about it, then we discuss our plan. Don't try to scare me again!"

Tolliver Trask wrote:Trask looks to Thorgrim and Fox. "We have so little information on what is even going on that seeing if the townfolk in the town nearest to the supposed Ocrish encampment would know, seems like a good idea." Trask says calmly.

Trask looks to Fox specifically. "If the orcs were besieging the town, I do believe there would be a whole lot more fire and smoke. As orcs aren't particularly known for their tact." Trask says calmly once more.


"We just arrived on one of the main routes into Neven. If it were under siege, this is the sort of place it would where we would be under attack," he explains, "there is ample opportunity to ambush any barge along this route and if they are besieging, then preventing anybody from reporting to Llorn is important.

Fox wrote:Fox joins Trask, "Scouting the area, no matter what we decide to do after, is a good idea."

He glances at the others, "We should stick together, our biggest problem last time seemed to be that we were too spread out and the enemy got the drop on us."


"That," he points at Fox, "is a plan I can agree with. If they are under attack, then let us ascertain that!" Durak unslings his new axe and readies it anyway. If they do go into the woods and sneak, Durak will hang back slightly, though he can see in the dark.

OOC Comments
prowl 66% 1d100 = 90 to sneak through the area if needed
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Augur » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:43 pm

Conditions:
Date: 10 May, 345
Time: 0200
Environment: Cool morning, light north-to-south breeze
Location: 5 miles or so due west of Neven

Intel
Image


Party Discord
"So to Neven or do we make our way south? I personally think we should head to Neven, we can get a nights sleep and gather information from the locals from there." Trask says.

"I would prefer finding our way south, I am looking over the area for shelters and Orcs," adds Fox.

"I agree about heading to Neven first. We do have a tent large enough for all of us, but better to take advantage of civilization whilst possible. Also, as the nearest large settlement to our objective, it is a potential source of intelligence. Otherwise, we will need to speak to local farmers, hunters, militia etc. to get the lay of the land. We can also double check supplies and decide if there is anything else that we need to get," Durak responds.

"Back in Llorn, I recommended we take a route along the canal then directly south as to avoid settlements and the roads connecting them, to reach our next objective. I suggest we do the same, else we could just have walked along a main road departing directly from Llorn's eastern gate. If we wanted to head to Neven, then why wouldn't we just have ridden the barge all the way there? If we come across local farmers, hunters, and others then so be it. Best to speak to those living outside a city's walls, methinks. In any case, screw the speculation for now; Neven's lights could mean it's ablaze for all we know. What we do know is that we're hunting bloody Orcs, and I snatched one up with a shred of his life left and found out from him where to head next - and it wasn't Neven, for Balgor's sake. If you all would oblige, let's move south for a mile or so, and then locate a spot to hold up for the rest of the night," Thorgrim offers.

"The Orcs are likely watching the town, it is the most reasonable staging area for attacks against them. If I were the Orc leader, I would try to make sure no one gets in or out of Neven safely. What methods I would use depend on the resources available, but right now, it is probably the least safe place to go by land," Fox counters.

"We have so little information on what is even going on that seeing if the townsfolk in the town nearest to the supposed Ocrish encampment would know, seems like a good idea. If the orcs were besieging the town, I do believe there would be a whole lot more fire and smoke. As orcs aren't particularly known for their tact," Trask responds.

"Scouting the area, no matter what we decide to do after, is a good idea. We should stick together, our biggest problem last time seemed to be that we were too spread out and the enemy got the drop on us," Fox adds.

"You disagree with Trask and I, and you feel strongly about it, then we discuss our plan. Don't try to scare me again! We just arrived on one of the main routes into Neven. If it were under siege, this is the sort of place it would where we would be under attack, there is ample opportunity to ambush any barge along this route and if they are besieging, then preventing anybody from reporting to Llorn is important. That is a plan I can agree with. If they are under attack, then let us ascertain that!"

With at least this modicum of agreement, they get everything piled into their transport, hitch their beasts, and begin to head east toward Neven. They eventually find a cart path that leads into town and travel across it at a better rate than across the rough, rolling hills. The farmsteads around Neven seem in good order, though it's hard to tell given the dark of the hour. One thing quickly becomes apparent though: there's no besieging force or hostilities in or around the town. All is quiet and peaceful as they approach the southern road which leads into Neven from the surrounding countryside. The lights are few, and as they near, they see a quartet of city watch near the southern entry road gathered around a fire and eating.

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Durak:
Fox:
Thorgrim:
Trask:
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5041
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Fox » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:50 am

Perception: 1d100 = 85 of 42%
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 23
JIC: [dice]1d20[dice]
JIC%:[/dice]1d100[/dice]

Fox lays his ears back slightly as they get to where they can see the guards, "It seems strange that we have seen no Orcs. Either they are well hidden, or something else is going on. I suggest that a human make the first contact to prepare the way. It seems we need to investigate this matter further."

Fox considers possibilities, Possibly the people ere are in collusion with the Orcs, or perhaps the Orcs are in hiding to prevent their base from being discovered. It is possible they have moved on from this area as well, though that seems unlikely.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Tolliver Trask » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:16 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 34/62%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 6; 1d100 = 78
Conditions: Immune to Fire, Resistant to Cold, Sixth Sense.

Trask looks at the scene before him and shakes his head. "Not much of a Orc Siege is it?" Trask says in a sarcastic tone, before approaching the gate guards. "Hail, we're four travelers from Llorn, may we enter your town for the night?" Trask asks as politely as a man who is several hours past his bedtime can sound.

Worse case, they say no, and we ca,p on the road here. Trask thinks pessimistically.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm


Return to Fantasy Adventures

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest