Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Only adventured-related threads are found here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Augur » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:14 pm

Conditions:
Date: 8 May, 345
Time: 1800
Environment: Mixed light rain, smoke, and sunshine outside
Location: The Lycinean Pier, Sea District


Summary so far...
The early evening finds the tavern to be lightly frequented. A handful of sailors, virtually no women, and a skeleton crew of wait staff serve watered ale, and fare so miserable that a few months prior it would be considered food fit only for swine. Still, inside of the tavern is dry and warm, and the stink of old beer and sweat not so strong as in the heat of day. And the damp hanging in the warm night air outside has all the sea-faring folk of the district on edge as such usually speaks of becalmed waters and thirst. As they meet up after their recent, separate adventures, they reconnect in part, and find a growing rift between certain members of those assembled...and this might be one problem for which a strong ale isn't a viable cure-all. Tyral finds his dining request is met with something close to rage mixed with derision by those patrons near enough to hear him and by the wait staff alike; food is getting ever more scarce, and even the ale is running low due to lack of available grains on the market. Alexander De'vaue, Captain of the Duke's Guard, has spoken with Predat and wants his most ruthless and hardened friends (Group A) to investigate the status of Hadrian's Cove, traffic from which has entirely dried up. He privately confided in Predat that he thinks it possible that Hadrian's Cove has been wiped out; why else would traffic entirely cease?

Fox has the general area of a possible source of the Orc raids. Now that they're healed, there is a fat bounty to collect.
What Fox learned
"There are a number of old fortifications in that general region, as a matter of fact, the Eastern Territories are dotted with a high concentration of such given the history of the area, but I believe I recall a lecture from a visiting Dwarven architect about the ruins of an ancient tower that used to be in the same general area which you describe."
Image

Bounty Assignments
  • 1: a bounty for every right ear of an Orc brought in.
  • 2: scout for Orcs and escort refugees back to the city for a period of one week.
  • 3: sub-financed by the Red Brigade finding and eliminating the root of the orc menace that currently plagues the city.
Payment stipulated as follows:
  • 1: one hundred gold per orc ear from hostile tribes--and that's most in the region
  • 2: one thousand gold for a week's demonstrated service as stipulated--notify the guards at the gates when escorting refugees to safety, they'll pass word
  • 3: one hundred thousand gold for ending the orc threat and the source of that threat--this is a single sum, not per member of a group.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5169
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Fox » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:54 am

Perception: 1d100 = 25 of 39%
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 11
JIC: 1d20 = 7
JIC%: 1d100 = 12

Fox spreads out his map and states apologetically, "I am not an expert at cartography, so this may not be perfect, however as you can see the orc lair is nearly on a direct line between Llorn and Hadrian's Cove, if the locations of each are accurate. Also it looks to be just about equally distant from a line strait north from the fourth and fifth stone tower to the south. It is supposed to be a ruined tower, possibly of Dwarf manufacture."

Fox thinks, That is all I know, hopefully it is sufficient. At least I found something, better than coming back empty handed.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Durak » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:42 pm

Perception 53% 1d100 = 23
JIC 1d100 = 28 1d20 = 18

Durak gently traces his finger over the map he tries to remember what he knows about that area. Orc scum always causing problems. Least its not those vermin Coyles.

OOC Comments
Lore: Culture & Customs Western Disputed Lands 46% 1d100 = 39 knowledge of that area - settlements etc. lay of the land etc.


"An abandoned tower around there, especially of dwarven construction would make a good place to strike from." Durak agrees with Fox; he nods as he does so, his chin resting on the hand that is not touching the map, "this is a good place to start our search. Could probably hide a fair size force there. "

Problem is, would a place like that just be on the surface?

OOC Comments
Underground Architecture 61% 1d100 = 14 likelihood and makeup of any underground areas if the ground is suitable for such.
Intelligence 44% 1d100 = 14 possible disposition of forces
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Thorgrim » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:42 pm

Per (48%): 1d100 = 7
JiC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 88

Thorgrim considers the map and crosses thick arms across a barrel chest as he considers their options for travel...by the canal, by land, a combination of the two? Are there any other options?

He nods at Fox's map, "If there has been no traffic coming in to the city from the canal... it could be from an occurrence at one of the towns along the canal or worse, there could be an active enemy security presence along the canal itself. If we were to travel by land, we could likely run into the same troubles as we had before - even if I'm the only one who can't see in the dark - were we to settle down at night in the wilderness. We do know the Orcs have been active to the South on the land, a meeting engagement would delay us further, methinks. I propose we look into a combine method. Travel east along the canal for some distance before offloading and making our way south. This way we'd avoid a direct approach from Llorn by land, alone - methinks it likely to encounter Orcish patrols that way. There is rumor of attacks into Hadrians Cove, but if we disembark well before then, we should be fine."

Thor cracks his knuckles thoughtfully, "I've a work horse who can ride as well as he can pull if we are interested in settling up a cart. Not certain if you've had time to refit, Durak, but what else do ya'll think we may need - if anything? We should see if we can hire a ferryman, boat, or something of the sort... if the city guard can make an exception; our waitress did mention a blockade around the city."
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 53/53
S.D.C.: 139/139
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Armor
Leather Of Iron: AR 15
S.D.C.: 110/110


Weapons
Large Iron Shield, Over-sized Claymore, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Durak » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:44 pm

rolls carried

Thorgrim wrote:Thor cracks his knuckles thoughtfully, "I've a work horse who can ride as well as he can pull if we are interested in settling up a cart. Not certain if you've had time to refit, Durak, but what else do ya'll think we may need - if anything? We should see if we can hire a ferryman, boat, or something of the sort... if the city guard can make an exception; our waitress did mention a blockade around the city."


Durak nods vigourously in agreement
"A cart would definitely be good. I have not had to leave the city much since my Red Brigade training, so not had to procure any transportation." Durak then shrugs and smiles, which is just about noticable beneath his bushy beard, "Of course, when I did, I was in a wagon with the supplies so I can repair equipment as necessary among other things. So I can drive a wagon, but stick me on the back of a four legged creature and I'm at its' mercy."

"If there is trouble, a lot of ferrymen or boats might be happy to hire on a few extra guards willing to work for travel." Durak suggests as an approach, "most merchants are not going to complain about cheap extra guards even if its only for a little while. You three are the ones who went out there, so you have first hand experience of what we can expect."


"As for gear, no, I have not had chance to get anything yet, so before we go, I would like to visit a couple of places in the marketplace. Any suggestions of whom does good work and fast are always appreciated. If we have not already, some field rations should be purchased that we can supplement whilst out in the field, some climbing gear as we might have to go up or down at the tower. If you have time and money, there are items alchemists can provide to enable you to see in the dark. Means we are not reliant on torches for you and it does help us to be able to sneak around easier."
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Fox » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:13 am

(Rolls Held over)
Fox remembers that he has to go back and pick up his armor and thinks, The repairs should be done, as it has been enough time.

Of course, that is an Alchemist...

He says to Durak, "I can go with you, I have to pick something up."

OOC Comments
I am assuming it actually has been a few days, I seem to recall something being said about time passing. That will also mean I will be healed and my ISP recovered.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Augur » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:15 pm

Return to Llorn: 0230, 6 May, 345
Current Date: 1800, 8 May, 345
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5169
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Durak » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:16 pm

Rolls carried

Fox wrote:He says to Durak, "I can go with you, I have to pick something up."


Durak raises an eyebrow at Fox being the one to suggest an alchemist; it never struck me that Fox uses magical items. Don't know why I assumed that. Maybe it just did not seem to be his nature.

"You know a good one?" Durak asks as he reaches down and collects his gear to get ready to go. One of the items was the bag of holding that Tyral made. His hand hovers for a second as he debates with himself

Don't be a fool. Despite what you may think of him, this is still useful. He resolves his inner argument and picks it all up.

"So where to?"

OOC Comments
deal with it here or in the marketplace thread?
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Fox » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:15 am

(Rolls Held over)
Fox explains, "I was given magic armor as part of my reward, and it was damaged while fighting the Orcs, I need to check on the progress of the repairs,it may take a day or two more. I can do without it, my Chainmail works very nearly as well. Hopefully he is a good alchemist, he was recommended to me"

He will lead the way to Valrun's.

http://explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=871&t=14579
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Tolliver Trask » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:43 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 14/62%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 9; 1d100 = 52
Conditions: Immune to Fire, Resistant to Cold, Sixth Sense.

Trask sits at the table with the others and sighs. A quick rummage through his pouches produces his crudely carved wooden pipe and a small pouch of tobacco. Trask listens to the others as they talk, but doesn't add anything immediately as he slowly works a pick into the hole of the pipe to make sure it's clear. Anyone watching can see that his hands are well practiced in the action and that he isn't really paying attention to the pipe. After a minute or so, Trask grabs a measure of tobacco and packs it into the bowl. Placing the pipes stem into his mouth Trask reaches over and lights a small piece of fatwood off of the candle or lantern on the table, and brings it back to the pipe, a few pulls and the pipe is lit, and Trask is shaking the stick out to douse the flame. All of the extra accouterments go back into the pouch and are put away where they were taken from.

Trask finally looks up from what one could only describe as a self centering ritual. "So ten days there, and they have a tower. Sounds a bit like the campaign to retake Northholme." Trask says with snort. "Without seeing their layout, I would only be able to give the most basic of plans. Approach the location, sneak in the dawn hours when the majority of them are likely asleep." Trask says with a shrug. "The extra details would need quite a bit of reconnaissance."

Trask stays put once a majority of his party leaves to go shopping.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Thorgrim » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:37 am

Per (48%):1d100 = 13
JiC: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 31

Thorgrim nods idly as he considers what Durak has offered in regards to ferrymen being in potential need of guards, and alchemical aids for the barbarian warrior to see in the dark. Hmph, I'd not be too keen on dropping coin on for some 'eyes of an owl' concoction... especially if it tastes like a 'piss of a goat' potion, haha! "Valid points, Durak. That's good input; best of luck to you and Fox in the Market. I'll be around here once you're back, readying a cart we haven't used in some time. I'll also check with some of these sailors about scoring a ride along the canal." Thorgrim raises a hand, farewelling them as they exit the premises.

Trask wrote:"So ten days there, and they have a tower. Sounds a bit like the campaign to retake Northholme." Trask says with snort. "Without seeing their layout, I would only be able to give the most basic of plans. Approach the location, sneak in the dawn hours when the majority of them are likely asleep." Trask says with a shrug. "The extra details would need quite a bit of reconnaissance."


I'd prefer not to take it like Northolme, with only four of us. That didn't work out too well for my father...
Thorgrim leans forward in his chair rests an elbow on the table absently raps his knuckles on the table as he thinks out loud. "Ten days over land wouldn't be wise, methinks. Any roads or routes traveling between that location and Llorn are bound to be patrolled if not guarded by the Orcs, we'd surely run in to some unwanted company along the way - after our last outing, we were spent after our first encounter and had to return... we can't afford to keep doing that... Well, if we can get passage at least part of the way along the canal, half the distance to Neven it seems, and then move south to the estimated location we'd may fair better. Those routes, may have less reason to be guarded by the orcs and should be a better option for us." He looks up at Trask, and nods. "I do agree once we're close to this place we must keep a low signature. Conduct some limited observation perhaps, before deciding on our next move." Thor stands up and stretches his legs, looking around to room to see which of these sea-faring folks or dockworkers look the most approachable. "Trask, you want to work the room for me and see if we can't find a 'canal ferry' option?"

Once decided on the most approachable looking candidate, Thorgrim will approach. Hopefully they're in a good mood today, and I won't have to do this the hard way.

Invoke Trust (45%): 1d100 = 86 (attempting to assure a potential patron of their safety with Thor, etc serving as guards)
Bartering (52%): 1d100 = 31 (attempting to reach acceptable terms for passage)

"Pardon me Sir (or mam), myself and a handful of my seasoned comrades-in-arms are looking for guard work outside of the City. We bore of these dank conditions, and find that there's more gold to be had in being out and about slaying orcs. We're looking for transport along the Canal to the east - approximately half the distance to Neven - and would be willing to offer our services as guards completely free in exchange. We'd need room for four of us, with mounts, and a small horse drawn cart. Any idea where we'd be able find an interested party? I'd be happy to pay for a drink, friend, if you're too parched to speak...
Hopefully this one doesn't cost me too much of my gold...OR patience!
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 53/53
S.D.C.: 139/139
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Armor
Leather Of Iron: AR 15
S.D.C.: 110/110


Weapons
Large Iron Shield, Over-sized Claymore, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Augur » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:08 pm

Conditions:
Date: 8 May, 345
Time: 1800
Environment: Mixed light rain, smoke, and sunshine outside
Location: The Lycinean Pier, Sea District


Thorgrim wrote:"Pardon me, sir. Myself and a handful of my seasoned comrades-in-arms are looking for guard work outside of the city. We bore of these dank conditions, and find that there's more gold to be had in being out and about slaying orcs. We're looking for transport along the Grand Canal to the east - approximately half the distance to Neven - and would be willing to offer our services as guards completely free in exchange. We'd need room for four of us, with mounts, and a small horse drawn cart. Any idea where we'd be able find an interested party? I'd be happy to pay for a drink, friend, if you're too parched to speak...
Hopefully this one doesn't cost me too much of my gold...OR patience!


The man turns around to look Thorgrim up and down. "Aye, I suppose ye do at that there. Ye don't look such as yerself 'ave yer sea legs. 'ave you e'er even been on a ship before, lad? I don't 'ave a ship anymore. I gave up the open seas years ago, but I do 'ave a barge an' I be 'eadin' to Neven in the mornin' at dawn. Protection in exchange fer passage 'alf way there? I can agree to that there deal."
Image
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5169
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Fox » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:08 am

Perception: 1d100 = 10 of 42%
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 18
JIC: 1d20 = 13
JIC%: 1d100 = 44

Fox, eventually, makes his way back to join Thorgrim. He is now wearing his studded leather armor with his other gear redistributed.

He says, "Dwarf be here soon, he signing papers." It is not quite proper Eastern, but should get the point across.

He wonders, Is this sailor going to object to hauling a Kankoran...or be bothered by my wearing armor? He does not know I can float...

He will introduce himself, "I am Fox, with the healer's guild." That should help put the Sailor's mind to rest, at least a little.

Technically true, Fox remains a member of the Healer's Guild, but he is also more than that, he has been training since the Dragon fell with the Knights of Llorn. One of them witnessed his part of the battle, small though that was, and is acting as his sponsor. He may not have his own shield, lance, and horse, but he is learning how to use them. Fox can not talk about it, but he remembers another group of Knights on a hidden place. One of their number had rescued him, and he has longed since to return and join their number. He had been told he needed to be a Knight first, and to learn a power Healers know about, but do not have, the gift of Psychometry. He would also need to return to the Land at the Top of the World and complete a quest for the King to become one of their number.

Well, he could do a quest before heading back, if that quest is something the King would want done. There is one thing he has been told the King wants...but so far he has yet to hear even rumors of lost items of Crystal Magic that he could bring back to the Valley.
Last edited by Fox on Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Durak » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:23 am

Perception: 53% 1d100 = 75
JIC 1d20 = 2 1d100 = 38

Having finished his shopping, Durak drags it to where Thorgrim's wagon is and deposits the heavy bulky items inside, notably the tent for them to share and the coils of rope. Catching up with the others, Durak sees that Thorgrim had taken his suggestion onboard. Heartened that they had actually listened to him, he joins Fox and Thorgrim, stowing his new axe on his back.

"Durak Stonesplitter at your service Captain," Durak gives the man a slight bow as he looks at the barge.

"If you need one, I can do repairs to your vessel should it require some," Durak tells the captain
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Tolliver Trask » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:31 am

Perception: 1d100 = 53/62%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 20; 1d100 = 76
Conditions: Immune to Fire, Resistant to Cold, Sixth Sense.

Thorgrim wrote:"Ten days over land wouldn't be wise, methinks. Any roads or routes traveling between that location and Llorn are bound to be patrolled if not guarded by the Orcs, we'd surely run in to some unwanted company along the way - after our last outing, we were spent after our first encounter and had to return... we can't afford to keep doing that... Well, if we can get passage at least part of the way along the canal, half the distance to Neven it seems, and then move south to the estimated location we'd may fair better. Those routes, may have less reason to be guarded by the orcs and should be a better option for us."


Trask shrugs. "From the way Llorn is suffering, I would think no means of transportation is safe. By the sounds of it their is an orc behind every blade of grass. No idea what the Red Brigade is doing, but it surely doesn't seem to be it's job. It's distasteful even. Sure though a trip down the Canal seems fine." Trask says very obviously annoyed by just about everything.

Thorgrim wrote:He looks up at Trask, and nods. "I do agree once we're close to this place we must keep a low signature. Conduct some limited observation perhaps, before deciding on our next move."


Trask nods. "It's the wisest move." Trask says matter of factly.

Thorgrim wrote:"Trask, you want to work the room for me and see if we can't find a 'canal ferry' option?"


Trask shakes his head. "If you want me to scare the people away maybe. I'm not a people person." Trask says with a scowl.

Augur wrote:"Aye, I suppose ye do at that there. Ye don't look such as yerself 'ave yer sea legs. 'ave you e'er even been on a ship before, lad? I don't 'ave a ship anymore. I gave up the open seas years ago, but I do 'ave a barge an' I be 'eadin' to Neven in the mornin' at dawn. Protection in exchange fer passage 'alf way there? I can agree to that there deal."


"How big is your barge? Can it accommodate a mule?" Trask ask the barge captain. I'm not carrying a campaign worth of gear on my back. Trask thinks sourly.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Thorgrim » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:37 am

Per (48%): 1d100 = 23
JiC: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 59

Barge Captain wrote:"Aye, I suppose ye do at that there. Ye don't look such as yerself 'ave yer sea legs. 'ave you e'er even been on a ship before, lad? I don't 'ave a ship anymore. I gave up the open seas years ago, but I do 'ave a barge an' I be 'eadin' to Neven in the mornin' at dawn. Protection in exchange fer passage 'alf way there? I can agree to that there deal."


Passage! Success!

Thorgrim offers the Captain a firm handshake and answers, "I've not been one to sail the open sea yet, but I can navigate by the stars, work a line with the best of them, and even catch a decent meal angling for fish. Happy of course to offer those services in addition to killing - my primary profession, hehe. I'll gather my companions, and bring around our mounts, cart and belongings for our expedition. We could get loaded now and meet back at the barge tomorrow morning? First light? I don't suppose we'd be able to work out transport back to Llorn from where you end up dropping us off from the canal, once our business is done, of course? Any idea when you'd be heading west again, or is it too soon to know?"

Once conversations are done Thorgrim will excuse himself to retrieve Bill, check his saddlebags, and rig the cart for towing - he leaves the two large chests in his room at the Lycinean Pier ((OOC: takes everything else with the cart within the "Lycinean Pier Storage" thread)).
Once he sees Durak and Trask, he will ask for some assistance. "Durak, if you're a teamster perhaps you get can this professionally arranged better than I can? Trask, do you think Garrick could help Bill with pulling the cart? 'Many hands -or hooves I should say- make light work'...

Horsemanship: General (68%): 1d100 = 67 -- attempting to successfully set up the cart for Bill to tow it
Rope Works (68%): 1d100 = 98 -- attempting to successfully set up the harness for Bill to tow the cart
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 53/53
S.D.C.: 139/139
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Armor
Leather Of Iron: AR 15
S.D.C.: 110/110


Weapons
Large Iron Shield, Over-sized Claymore, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Augur » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:45 am

Conditions:
Date: 9 May, 345
Time: 0600
Environment: Mixed light rain, smoke, and sunshine outside
Location: The Lycinean Pier, Sea District

Intel
Image


Recap
The barge captain pays no mind to Fox one way or another. If he's prejudiced, he either keeps such to himself professionally, or is mollified by Fox's own professional affiliation.

Durak wrote:"If you need one, I can do repairs to your vessel should it require some."

The barge captain nods appreciatively. "The barge be a simple craft, but that there might be useful should we encounter any problems. Let's 'ope we'll not need such."

Trask wrote:"How big is your barge? Can it accommodate a mule?"

"The barge be quite large. It be not a raft, after all. Aye, it can accommodate a mule, but instead o' yer beasts bein' dead weight, we'll put them to use an' feed them. Ye see, 'adrian's cove an' Neven be upstream; the barge will 'ave to be pulled from the riverbank. I already 'ave a team o' mules contracted fer just this here purpose, but the teamster reports 'avin' lost some o' 'is beasts to predation o' the upright variety, so we'll supplement 'is team with yer own. Should be more familiarrr fer the beasts, too. It be a rare animal that there takes kindly to bein' on the water."

Thorgrim wrote:"I've not been one to sail the open sea yet, but I can navigate by the stars, work a line with the best of them, and even catch a decent meal angling for fish. Happy of course to offer those services in addition to killing - my primary profession. I'll gather my companions, and bring around our mounts, cart and belongings for our expedition. We could get loaded now and meet back at the barge tomorrow morning? First light? I don't suppose we'd be able to work out transport back to Llorn from where you end up dropping us off from the canal, once our business is done, of course? Any idea when you'd be heading west again, or is it too soon to know?"

"Aye, too soon to know, mate," responds the barge captain.

The Next Morning
As planned, Durak, Fox, Thorgrim, and Trask all assemble at the pier by the Grand Canal in the morning. The banks of the canal are lined with people fishing and even trying to spear fish such is the hunger in the city. Their beasts are relieved of their burdens and hitched to a large train of horses and mules tethered to the barge. The party gets all of their gear on board and stake out a vacant spot near the "bow" of the barge where the cargo is light. They note that the barge is laden with finished goods alone, not a perishable item is to be found on the barge that isn't one of their or the crew's personal possessions. Within an hour the barge is unmoored from the pier, and the teamster driving the mule train gets the beasts working. Before long, the barge is proceeding down river at a steady five knots and the teamster on shore's primary duty is to keep the beasts all moving in unison.

Hours pass and the walls of Llorn recede behind the hills and forests surrounding the city. The dirt track which parallels the canal is well-worn and clear of impediments. Periodically, the teamster's assistants feed and water the beasts while they're on the move. Most of the work for the train is to simply keep the momentum of the barge going, so the hard, lathering work is well behind them. The group on board the barge have a lazy day of relaxing in the sun, maintaining their gear, telling each other stories, and playing cards. The half dozen men of the barge crew take shifts at maintain the barge's safe distance from the shore and from snags using long poles to lever the barge away from navigational hazards, and they work in coordination with the teamster to keep the barge moving up river in a steady, orderly fashion.

Conditions:
Date: 10 May, 345
Time: 0200
Environment: Cool morning, light north-to-south breeze
Location: 5 miles or so due west of Neven

Intel
Image


The Arrival
In the small hours, the barge captain nudges Trask awake with a friendly shove of his boot. "Awake, lads. We be 'ere. ye did not 'ave to earn yer keep this here day. Count yer blessings an' be off. The lights o' Neven be but an 'our's walk from 'ere, but I ken from yer weapons that there ye'll be 'eadin' elsewhere, so jolly luck to ye, an' keep yer wits about ye." The group rises from their rest, and walks along the gangplank to the worn path beside the canal. Their beasts are already detached from the train and grazing along the bank beside Thorgrim's wagon. By the time the group has the beasts hitched to the wagon, the barge is already pushed off and the mule-train in motion once again. True to the barge captain's word, there is the faint glow to the east of lights indicative of a small settlement, presumably, the town of Neven.

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Durak:
Fox:
Thorgrim:
Trask:
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5169
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Tolliver Trask » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:39 am

Perception: 1d100 = 53/62%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 9; 1d100 = 39
Conditions: Immune to Fire, Resistant to Cold, Sixth Sense.

Augur wrote:In the small hours, the barge captain nudges Trask awake with a friendly shove of his boot. "Awake, lads. We be 'ere. ye did not 'ave to earn yer keep this here day. Count yer blessings an' be off. The lights o' Neven be but an 'our's walk from 'ere, but I ken from yer weapons that there ye'll be 'eadin' elsewhere, so jolly luck to ye, an' keep yer wits about ye."


Trask shakes his head. "Thanks for the wake up call." Trask says as he grabs what little gear he's not currently wearing and gets himself arranged. Trask helps the barge crew unload his stuff and gets it situated on his oldest friend, Garrick the Mule. "It's okay my friend we'll find a nice place to camp and you'll get to sleep." Trask says quietly to his mule.

Trask waves when the Barge begins to make way again. "So to Neven or do we make our way south? I personally think we should head to Neven, we can get a nights sleep and gather information from the locals from there." Trask says as he looks to the receding Barge and the now general lack of light. Either way we're going to have a rough time of it. Trask thinks pessimistically.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Fox » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:49 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 29 of 42%
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 10
JIC: 1d20 = 17
JIC%: 1d100 = 54

Fox turns his healing abilities to manipulating himself, granting himself enhanced Night Vision (Night Vision 4 ISP, range 600 ft, duration: 10 minutes per level). He looks around and spreads his ears wide, raising his nose to scent the wind...testing for any trace of an ambush. He Thinks, I am glad I focused on learning this trick, it will come in handy for fighting Orcs.

Recognize Scent: 1d100 = 5 of 32%

Assuming he detects no sign of Orcs nearby, he will look for a decent trail to lead away from the Canal and for a reasonable place to shelter until dawn.

Wilderness Survival: 1d100 = 11 of 60%

Fox says, "I would prefer finding our way south, I am looking over the area for shelters and Orcs."
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Durak » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:44 am

Perception 53% 1d100 = 50
JIC 1d100 = 20 1d20 = 10

Thorgrim wrote:Once he sees Durak and Trask, he will ask for some assistance. "Durak, if you're a teamster perhaps you get can this professionally arranged better than I can? Trask, do you think Garrick could help Bill with pulling the cart? 'Many hands -or hooves I should say- make light work'...


Multiple animals will make it easier, Durak agrees, !I will will hitch them both up once we depart the barge."


Augur wrote:The Next Morning


Durak keeps part of the watch, keeping any eye out for any potential trouble as they travel on the barge. As he has heard about the ambush that cost jakkin his life, he does not want them to suffer the same fate.


Augur wrote:The Arrival
In the small hours, the barge captain nudges Trask awake with a friendly shove of his boot. "Awake, lads. We be 'ere. ye did not 'ave to earn yer keep this here day. Count yer blessings an' be off. The lights o' Neven be but an 'our's walk from 'ere, but I ken from yer weapons that there ye'll be 'eadin' elsewhere, so jolly luck to ye, an' keep yer wits about ye." The group rises from their rest, and walks along the gangplank to the worn path beside the canal. Their beasts are already detached from the train and grazing along the bank beside Thorgrim's wagon. By the time the group has the beasts hitched to the wagon, the barge is already pushed off and the mule-train in motion once again. True to the barge captain's word, there is the faint glow to the east of lights indicative of a small settlement, presumably, the town of Neven.



"Thank you Captain," Durak says, as he shakes his hand, "safe journey and mayhap we will see you again." He removes his gear from the barge, placing it in the cart what he is not carrying on his person.

As the cart is sorted, Durak sets about hitching both horse and pony to the wagon. As he can see in the dark, the darkness does not pose any issues for him.

OOC Comments
Teamster 51% 1d100 = 9 hitching animals if dice roll required
Teamster 51% 1d100 = 44


Tolliver Trask wrote:"So to Neven or do we make our way south? I personally think we should head to Neven, we can get a nights sleep and gather information from the locals from there.

Fox wrote:Fox says, "I would prefer finding our way south, I am looking over the area for shelters and Orcs."


Durak looks in the distance at the lights of Neven and sighs. Chance of a bed vs sleeping rough; he knew which one he would prefer.

"I agree about heading to Neven first. We do have a tent large enough for all of us, but better to take advantage of civilisation whilst possible. Also, as the nearest large settlement to our objective, it is a potential source of intelligence. Otherwise, we will need to speak to local farmers, hunters, militia etc. to get the lay of the land." Durak looks at the items in the back of the cart and does some thinking. "We can also double check supplies and decide if there is anything else that we need to get. If it comes to it, I can repair both normal items and magical armour in the field with this." Durak holds up a hammer that had been hanging on his belt and armour.
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Thorgrim » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:29 pm

Per (63%): 1d100 = 86
(additional +25% to recognize changes in weather and dangerous conditions in the wild)
(additional +25% to recognize plants. roots. and insects that can be eaten to provide nourishment)
(additional +15% to recognize animal aggression; successful roll provides +1 on initiative and +2 to dodge the animal if attacked)

JiC: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 79

Barge Captain wrote:"Awake, lads. We be 'ere. ye did not 'ave to earn yer keep this here day. Count yer blessings an' be off. The lights o' Neven be but an 'our's walk from 'ere, but I ken from yer weapons that there ye'll be 'eadin' elsewhere, so jolly luck to ye, an' keep yer wits about ye."


Thorgrim's massive frame shakes and stretches like a jungle cat, his teeth gleaming slightingly in the limited moonlight as he grins like a Cheshire Cat. Time to be back about our Orc hunting business. We're lucky the barge ride was as uneventful as it was. Still, it was nice to have a little fortune favor us, this time.
With his eyes opening to the darkness from his slumber, Thor peers into the darkness and listens intently to the wilderness of his surroundings as he disembarks the barge. He mutters to no one in particular, "Good to be in familiar territory, and out in the wild again."
Once on the land, south of the canal with his companions, he pulls out the cloak of shadows from his backpack. He fastens it around his shoulders; draws it around his leather of iron, clothing himself in the darkness of the night. About time I finally used this.

Trask wrote:"So to Neven or do we make our way south? I personally think we should head to Neven, we can get a nights sleep and gather information from the locals from there."


Thorgrim shrugs his shoulders, adjusting the fit of his cloak. He turns and addresses Trask, "Back in Llorn, I recommended we take a route along the canal then directly south... as to avoid settlements and the roads connecting them, to reach our next objective. I suggest we do the same, else we could just have walked along a main road - departing directly from Llorn's eastern gate. Thorgrim shakes his head, comfort based decisions will be the death of us.
Invoke Trust (45%): 1d100 = 99 - assure Trask of his plan

Durak wrote:"I agree about heading to Neven first. We do have a tent large enough for all of us, but better to take advantage of civilisation whilst possible. Also, as the nearest large settlement to our objective, it is a potential source of intelligence. Otherwise, we will need to speak to local farmers, hunters, militia etc. to get the lay of the land." Durak looks at the items in the back of the cart and does some thinking. "We can also double check supplies and decide if there is anything else that we need to get. If it comes to it, I can repair both normal items and magical armour in the field with this."


Thor's head ceases shaking as he fully turns around to address Durak and Trask, whom he can't believe he might actually have to argue with over the Neven!? Really... freakin' Neven!? issue. The barbarian tries to compose himself as best he can't before addressing his companions with what he feels is going to be a one-way conversation.
"Damn the large tent, for now at least, master dwarf." Thorgrim points south into the darkness of the wilderness. "If we wanted to head to Neven, then why wouldn't we just have ridden the barge all the way there? If we come across local farmers, hunters, and others then so be it. Best to speak to those living outside a city's walls, methinks. In any case, screw the speculation for now; Neven's lights could mean it's ablaze for all we know. What we do know is that we're hunting bloody Orcs, and I snatched one up with a shred of his life left and found out from him where to head next - and it wasn't Neven, for Balgor's sake."
Intimidate (45%): 1d100 = 3 - insist to Durak the 'way forward'

How is it that a mangy wolfling is the only damn one that I'm not crossed with?
"If you all would oblige, let's move south for a mile or so, and then locate a spot to hold up for the rest of the night." The slightest bit of Thorgrim, the barbarian warrior, feels sheepish for how coarse he was with his company... the slightest bit.

Land Navigation (71%): 1d100 = 57 - determine a route and location approx 1 mile to the south of the party's current location, adjacent to the canal

Astronomy and Navigation (53%): 1d100 = 78 - backup/reinforce Land Navigation attempt using the stars at night

Wilderness Survival (78%): 1d100 = 27 - look out for and mitigate any potential wilderness related risks while traveling and setting up a temporary shelter in the dark, once they reach a suitable position for the rest of the night

Prowl (78%): 1d100 = 88 (w/ cloak of shadows) - moves on foot, ahead of the rest and trying to keep a low signature.
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 53/53
S.D.C.: 139/139
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Armor
Leather Of Iron: AR 15
S.D.C.: 110/110


Weapons
Large Iron Shield, Over-sized Claymore, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Fox » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:53 am

(Rolls carried over)
Fox cocks his head, well at least one of the others seems to see things my way, he thinks.

Aloud, he says, "The Orcs are likely watching the town, it is the most reasonable staging area for attacks against them. If I were the Orc leader, I would try to make sure no one gets in or out of Neven safely. What methods I would use depend on the resources available, but right now, it is probably the least safe place to go by land."
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Tolliver Trask » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:57 pm

((Rolls carried Over))
Conditions: I.S.P.: 35

Skills:
Activates Nightvision (4 I.S.P.; Range: 600 feet; Duration: 60 minutes).
Detect Ambush 1d100 = 87/55% (To check the area for current or past ambush spots.)
Detect Concealment & Traps 1d100 = 42/50% (To check the area for possible concealed orc positions.)


Trask looks to Thorgrim and Fox. "We have so little information on what is even going on that seeing if the townfolk in the town nearest to the supposed Ocrish encampment would know, seems like a good idea." Trask says calmly.

Trask looks to Fox specifically. "If the orcs were besieging the town, I do believe there would be a whole lot more fire and smoke. As orcs aren't particularly known for their tact." Trask says calmly once more.

Trask Wills himself to see better in the dark and takes a few minutes to walk around and check the area for signs of anything dangerous having been in the area in the last while.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Fox » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:13 am

(Rolls held over)
Fox joins Trask, "Scouting the area, no matter what we decide to do after, is a good idea."

He glances at the others, "We should stick together, our biggest problem last time seemed to be that we were too spread out and the enemy got the drop on us."

Prowl: 1d100 = 65 of 50%

OOC Comments
Not sure if I get a bonus for using prowl in a natural setting, but probably failed anyway.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Durak » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:47 am

rolls carried

Thorgrim wrote:"Damn the large tent, for now at least, master dwarf." Thorgrim points south into the darkness of the wilderness. "If we wanted to head to Neven, then why wouldn't we just have ridden the barge all the way there? If we come across local farmers, hunters, and others then so be it. Best to speak to those living outside a city's walls, methinks. In any case, screw the speculation for now; Neven's lights could mean it's ablaze for all we know. What we do know is that we're hunting bloody Orcs, and I snatched one up with a shred of his life left and found out from him where to head next - and it wasn't Neven, for Balgor's sake."
Intimidate (45%): Invalid dice code! - insist to Durak the 'way forward'


Durak takes a step back as Thorgrim's personality comes full force.
OOC Comments
well, you did get a critical success so Durak is certainly somewhat scared of you as you are also almost literally double his size


I have had it with arrogant knuckledraggers who insist it is their way or the carriageway. Durak fumes to himself. He takes a second not to draw a weapon. Recent arguments with Tyral had made it that he was not willing to put up with a lot of rubbish from people.

"You disagree with Trask and I," Durak says through gritted teeth, attempting to be polite, " and you feel strongly about it, then we discuss our plan. Don't try to scare me again!"

Tolliver Trask wrote:Trask looks to Thorgrim and Fox. "We have so little information on what is even going on that seeing if the townfolk in the town nearest to the supposed Ocrish encampment would know, seems like a good idea." Trask says calmly.

Trask looks to Fox specifically. "If the orcs were besieging the town, I do believe there would be a whole lot more fire and smoke. As orcs aren't particularly known for their tact." Trask says calmly once more.


"We just arrived on one of the main routes into Neven. If it were under siege, this is the sort of place it would where we would be under attack," he explains, "there is ample opportunity to ambush any barge along this route and if they are besieging, then preventing anybody from reporting to Llorn is important.

Fox wrote:Fox joins Trask, "Scouting the area, no matter what we decide to do after, is a good idea."

He glances at the others, "We should stick together, our biggest problem last time seemed to be that we were too spread out and the enemy got the drop on us."


"That," he points at Fox, "is a plan I can agree with. If they are under attack, then let us ascertain that!" Durak unslings his new axe and readies it anyway. If they do go into the woods and sneak, Durak will hang back slightly, though he can see in the dark.

OOC Comments
prowl 66% 1d100 = 90 to sneak through the area if needed
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Augur » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:43 pm

Conditions:
Date: 10 May, 345
Time: 0200
Environment: Cool morning, light north-to-south breeze
Location: 5 miles or so due west of Neven

Intel
Image


Party Discord
"So to Neven or do we make our way south? I personally think we should head to Neven, we can get a nights sleep and gather information from the locals from there." Trask says.

"I would prefer finding our way south, I am looking over the area for shelters and Orcs," adds Fox.

"I agree about heading to Neven first. We do have a tent large enough for all of us, but better to take advantage of civilization whilst possible. Also, as the nearest large settlement to our objective, it is a potential source of intelligence. Otherwise, we will need to speak to local farmers, hunters, militia etc. to get the lay of the land. We can also double check supplies and decide if there is anything else that we need to get," Durak responds.

"Back in Llorn, I recommended we take a route along the canal then directly south as to avoid settlements and the roads connecting them, to reach our next objective. I suggest we do the same, else we could just have walked along a main road departing directly from Llorn's eastern gate. If we wanted to head to Neven, then why wouldn't we just have ridden the barge all the way there? If we come across local farmers, hunters, and others then so be it. Best to speak to those living outside a city's walls, methinks. In any case, screw the speculation for now; Neven's lights could mean it's ablaze for all we know. What we do know is that we're hunting bloody Orcs, and I snatched one up with a shred of his life left and found out from him where to head next - and it wasn't Neven, for Balgor's sake. If you all would oblige, let's move south for a mile or so, and then locate a spot to hold up for the rest of the night," Thorgrim offers.

"The Orcs are likely watching the town, it is the most reasonable staging area for attacks against them. If I were the Orc leader, I would try to make sure no one gets in or out of Neven safely. What methods I would use depend on the resources available, but right now, it is probably the least safe place to go by land," Fox counters.

"We have so little information on what is even going on that seeing if the townsfolk in the town nearest to the supposed Ocrish encampment would know, seems like a good idea. If the orcs were besieging the town, I do believe there would be a whole lot more fire and smoke. As orcs aren't particularly known for their tact," Trask responds.

"Scouting the area, no matter what we decide to do after, is a good idea. We should stick together, our biggest problem last time seemed to be that we were too spread out and the enemy got the drop on us," Fox adds.

"You disagree with Trask and I, and you feel strongly about it, then we discuss our plan. Don't try to scare me again! We just arrived on one of the main routes into Neven. If it were under siege, this is the sort of place it would where we would be under attack, there is ample opportunity to ambush any barge along this route and if they are besieging, then preventing anybody from reporting to Llorn is important. That is a plan I can agree with. If they are under attack, then let us ascertain that!"

With at least this modicum of agreement, they get everything piled into their transport, hitch their beasts, and begin to head east toward Neven. They eventually find a cart path that leads into town and travel across it at a better rate than across the rough, rolling hills. The farmsteads around Neven seem in good order, though it's hard to tell given the dark of the hour. One thing quickly becomes apparent though: there's no besieging force or hostilities in or around the town. All is quiet and peaceful as they approach the southern road which leads into Neven from the surrounding countryside. The lights are few, and as they near, they see a quartet of city watch near the southern entry road gathered around a fire and eating.

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Durak:
Fox:
Thorgrim:
Trask:
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5169
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Fox » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:50 am

Perception: 1d100 = 85 of 42%
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 23
JIC: [dice]1d20[dice]
JIC%:[/dice]1d100[/dice]

Fox lays his ears back slightly as they get to where they can see the guards, "It seems strange that we have seen no Orcs. Either they are well hidden, or something else is going on. I suggest that a human make the first contact to prepare the way. It seems we need to investigate this matter further."

Fox considers possibilities, Possibly the people ere are in collusion with the Orcs, or perhaps the Orcs are in hiding to prevent their base from being discovered. It is possible they have moved on from this area as well, though that seems unlikely.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Tolliver Trask » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:16 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 34/62%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 6; 1d100 = 78
Conditions: Immune to Fire, Resistant to Cold, Sixth Sense.

Trask looks at the scene before him and shakes his head. "Not much of a Orc Siege is it?" Trask says in a sarcastic tone, before approaching the gate guards. "Hail, we're four travelers from Llorn, may we enter your town for the night?" Trask asks as politely as a man who is several hours past his bedtime can sound.

Worse case, they say no, and we ca,p on the road here. Trask thinks pessimistically.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Durak » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:43 am

Perception 53% 1d100 = 16
JIC 1d100 = 67 1d20 = 11


Fox wrote:Fox lays his ears back slightly as they get to where they can see the guards, "It seems strange that we have seen no Orcs. Either they are well hidden, or something else is going on. I suggest that a human make the first contact to prepare the way. It seems we need to investigate this matter further."


Durak looks at Fox and shakes his head in despair. The likelihood was nothing was going on. Still, he pulls the cart to a stop to allow Trask to speak to the guards.

Tolliver Trask wrote:Trask looks at the scene before him and shakes his head. "Not much of a Orc Siege is it?" Trask says in a sarcastic tone


Trask beats Durak to the sarcastic comment, who sniggers slightly under his beard.

"Still, they are outside. There may be good reason for that." Possibly they have had some trouble, hence guards being outside the walls. Still definitely not a siege situation. I know the Dominion Army is not great, but surely not that bad to allow an army to make its way all the way this far into their territory and not respond.

Tolliver Trask wrote:before approaching the gate guards. "Hail, we're four travelers from Llorn, may we enter your town for the night?" Trask asks as politely as a man who is several hours past his bedtime can sound.


"Just got here and hoping to get a bed for what's left of the evening if at all possible." Durak chimes in afterwards, sounding more positive and cheerful than Trask.

OOC Comments
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 30% 1d100 = 34
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Augur » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:08 pm

Conditions:
Date: 10 May, 345
Time: 0215
Environment: Cool morning, light north-to-south breeze
Location: 5 miles or so due west of Neven

Intel
Image


Neven
"Hail, we're four travelers from Llorn, may we enter your town for the night?" Trask asks as he approaches the guards..

"Just got here, and hoping to get a bed for what's left of the evening, if at all possible." Durak chimes in after.

Fox stays quiet and behind the more outgoing two. Meanwhile, Thorgrim is very nearly asleep on the wagon with the reins in his hands. Every time his chin touches his chest, he jerks his head u in a startled fashion, only for it to slowly droop down and the cycle repeat itself.

Two of the guards rise and take a hard look at the four assembled on the road. One waves the other back to his meal. The other fellow sits down just as another seated around the campfire lets out a gigantic belch which is quickly followed by a burst of laughter and inscrutable discussion. The guard who's standing grabs a brazier, mounts it on the but end of a long spear, and stuffs a lit torch into the brazier. Holding the flame well above and slightly behind his head, he slowly approaches the four travelers. "Ho, there! You're from Llorn, you say? I see none of you are orcs. Have you any word on the current state of affairs in the region?" The guard has a thick brown beard and mustache with just enough grey hairs nestled within that he would look dignified and authoritative were it not for the fact that his beard and hair are somewhat unkempt, and his breastplate looks not to have been properly cared for in some time.

The belching man rises and approaches without bothering to grab a weapon or anything else. He's a huge bear of a man, easily six and a half feet tall and well over three hundred pounds, but without a single hair apparent anywhere on his head. He wipes his mouth with the back of his hand as he casually saunters towards Trask. "Don't mind Gerald, he's a good fellow, just a bit green. To answer your plea, I believe the Snake's Hole Tavern has one big room empty, but otherwise there's no rooms available. Still, that room could sleep six men of my stature so long as they didn't mind hearing each other snore and fart. They have a courtyard and a few stables, too, and the boy that cares for the horses is an honest lad. Just tell Esmerelda that you spoke to Jim of the south watch, and keep a polite tongue, and she'll fix you up." He belches again, and looks across the faces of each of those assembled. "Your eyes and cheeks look a bit hollow. Do you bring alert of trouble or other bad news? What brings you to Neven by road?"

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Durak:
Fox:
Thorgrim:
Trask:
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5169
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Tolliver Trask » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:22 am

Perception: 1d100 = 70/62%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 16; 1d100 = 63
Conditions: Immune to Fire, Resistant to Cold, Sixth Sense.

Gerald wrote:"Ho, there! You're from Llorn, you say? I see none of you are orcs. Have you any word on the current state of affairs in the region?"


Trask inwardly smirks. "Not particularly, the Orc are still raiding and apparently the city is doing nothing about it themselves save placing bounties." Trask say with a bit of disdain in his voice as he answers Gerald.

Jim wrote:"Don't mind Gerald, he's a good fellow, just a bit green. To answer your plea, I believe the Snake's Hole Tavern has one big room empty, but otherwise there's no rooms available. Still, that room could sleep six men of my stature so long as they didn't mind hearing each other snore and fart. They have a courtyard and a few stables, too, and the boy that cares for the horses is an honest lad. Just tell Esmerelda that you spoke to Jim of the south watch, and keep a polite tongue, and she'll fix you up." He belches again, and looks across the faces of each of those assembled. "Your eyes and cheeks look a bit hollow. Do you bring alert of trouble or other bad news? What brings you to Neven by road?"


"My thanks. Mostly the Grand Canal actually. We arrived late in the night and saw the lights of your town in the distance. No new news that you likely don't know already. Orcs are still raiding and the city of Llorn hasn't mobilized it's mercenaries to deal with it." Trask basically repeats for Jim's benefit. "So the Snake's Hole Tavern, Esmerelda, tell her that Jim from the South Watch sent us. Thank you for the heads up, it's very late and we likely have a very early morning ahead of us, so we'll take our leave." Trask says before leading the group to the tavern.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Fox » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:36 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 61 of 39%
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 12
JIC: 1d20 = 11
JIC%: 1d100 = 65

Fox states, "I am the healer for this party, I am not an enemy, please do not let my appearance frighten you."

Speak Human (Eastern) 1d100 = 37 of 70%
OOC Comments
The party is used to his accent, but these locals are not, so a language check is in order.


Fox will step into the light slowly, hands well away from his weapons. Many humans in these parts are not friends of Canids, so he is trying to prevent any unfortunate interactions.

He thinks, I will need to be seen and it is best I am seen early so those who see me can prepare others for my presence.

Hopefully the guards realize that, if he was going to attack them, he could have already.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Durak » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:35 pm

Perception 53% 1d100 = 36
JIC 1d100 = 30 1d20 = 10

Augur wrote: "Ho, there! You're from Llorn, you say? I see none of you are orcs. Have you any word on the current state of affairs in the region?" The guard has a thick brown beard and mustache with just enough grey hairs nestled within that he would look dignified and authoritative were it not for the fact that his beard and hair are somewhat unkempt, and his breastplate looks not to have been properly cared for in some time.


Durak looks them over and contemplates what he is saying. battered gear, unkempt, guessing that they are out here a lot.

"Nothing more than what Trask here has to say," Durak sighs, as he strokes his beard, "we know they are out there and trying to gather leads on where to find them."

"I am supposing that there have been attacks here in Neven or at least nearby if you are out here?" Durak decides to press them for a bit of information, "Have you seen anything? Have you been attacked?" Durak pulls out his new hammer ready for use, "if your equipment needs some maintenance, I can do that whilst we talk?"

OOC Comments
Metalworking (equivalent to Field Armourer) 71% 1d100 = 39 evaluate the state of their equipment and what it would take to get them ready
Streetwise 60% 1d100 = 28 get info out of them what has been happening here
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 30% get them to like Durak 1d100 = 88
Intelligence 44% 1d100 = 33 put together information seen and provided
if amenable, Durak will use Rundill's hammer to restore 10 SDC to each of their armour 40 SDC total


Augur wrote:Meanwhile, Thorgrim is very nearly asleep on the wagon with the reins in his hands. Every time his chin touches his chest, he jerks his head u in a startled fashion, only for it to slowly droop down and the cycle repeat itself.


Durak nudges Trask with his elbow and jerks his head towards the cart

"Good thing we're going into a tavern, looks like we've kept Thorgrim up past his bed time." he whispers to the fellow Red Brigade veteran, with a broad smile on his face.

Fox wrote:Fox states, "I am the healer for this party, I am not an enemy, please do not let my appearance frighten you."


"As you can see, not an orc and too short for a wolfen." Durak says with a smile, "and if he were a coyle, he'd be dead already."
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Fox » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:25 pm

(Rolls carried over)

Fox snorts at Durak, "Humph, Coyle indeed! I am a Kankoran sir, not one of that undisciplined lot."

He realizes what the Dwarf is doing and is playing along, The Dwarf has a good strategy, I can try to help.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Thorgrim » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:52 pm

Per (48%): 1d100 = 27
JiC: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 84

Gerald wrote:"Ho, there! You're from Llorn, you say? I see none of you are orcs. Have you any word on the current state of affairs in the region?"


Orcs! Did he say Orcs!? The barbarian thinks in alarm, Wake up you damn fool, Neven is probably besieged! Thorgrim's swaying posture sits erect for a brief moment as he catches a snippet from the hailing guardsman. "Orcs!? Where!? ...I don't see any of em...hmmmph." His eyes open wide as he scans around, looking into fire lit darkness before his groggy and tired demeanor gets the best of him again. Realizing he's made an ass of himself he mutters, "Oh, um, pardon for the alarm." Thorgrim does his best to keep his weary eyes open as his head goes back to bobbing, if somewhat less frequently.

Jim wrote:..."Your eyes and cheeks look a bit hollow. Do you bring alert of trouble or other bad news? What brings you to Neven by road?"


Thorgrim sits contently in the cart, allowing the others to respond and converse with the guards. Well if there's no trouble here, as it seems, we might as well rest up and ask around town for information about our supposed fort we're going to look in to.

Durak wrote:...Durak pulls out his new hammer ready for use, "if your equipment needs some maintenance, I can do that whilst we talk?"

Well, shit, and I've been lugging around my damaged scale mail all this time, and Goldenbeard's wanted to rob me blind for the cost of repairs... Thorgrim leans forward from his seat towards Durak and whispers, "Ahem... Present company might need such services as well, if you'd be so kind."

Fox wrote:"Humph, Coyle indeed! I am a Kankoran sir, not one of that undisciplined lot."

Thor absently smirks when Fox pipes up.
Man, this guy can't catch a break. Ha! Thor chuckles to himself before yawning and raising his voice to address those present, "Jim, thank you for the tip. Trask, Durak, Fox, shall we make our way into town then? The Snake Hole Tavern, was it?"
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 53/53
S.D.C.: 139/139
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Armor
Leather Of Iron: AR 15
S.D.C.: 110/110


Weapons
Large Iron Shield, Over-sized Claymore, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Augur » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:03 pm

At Neven's Gates
Gerald asks, "Ho, there! You're from Llorn, you say? I see none of you are orcs. Have you any word on the current state of affairs in the region?"
Trask replies, "Not particularly, the Orc are still raiding and apparently the city is doing nothing about it themselves save placing bounties."
Jim comments, "Don't mind Gerald, he's a good fellow, just a bit green. To answer your plea, I believe the Snake's Hole Tavern has one big room empty, but otherwise there's no rooms available. Still, that room could sleep six men of my stature so long as they didn't mind hearing each other snore and fart. They have a courtyard and a few stables, too, and the boy that cares for the horses is an honest lad. Just tell Esmerelda that you spoke to Jim of the south watch, and keep a polite tongue, and she'll fix you up. Your eyes and cheeks look a bit hollow. Do you bring alert of trouble or other bad news? What brings you to Neven by road?"
Trask replies, "My thanks. Mostly the Grand Canal actually. We arrived late in the night and saw the lights of your town in the distance. No new news that you likely don't know already. Orcs are still raiding and the city of Llorn hasn't mobilized it's mercenaries to deal with it. So the Snake's Hole Tavern, Esmerelda, tell her that Jim from the South Watch sent us. Thank you for the heads up, it's very late and we likely have a very early morning ahead of us, so we'll take our leave." Jim simply nods while Gerald adds, "I could use me a pint as well. Drink one for me."

Fox steps into the light slowly, hands well away from his weapons. "I am the healer for this party, I am not an enemy, please do not let my appearance frighten you." Jim & Gerald cock an eyebrow before nodding, but say nothing in response. Durak makes a joke in response to Fox's self-introduction which, given Fox's response, gets a few chuckles.

Durak remarks, "Nothing more than what Trask here has to say, we know they are out there and trying to gather leads on where to find them. I am supposing that there have been attacks here in Neven or at least nearby if you are out here? Have you seen anything? Have you been attacked? If your equipment needs some maintenance, I can do that whilst we talk?"

Jim remarks, "No, no concerted attacks on Neven. The orcs have sent raiding parties from time to time, no more. I'd wager they're testing our defenses and settling for softer targets for the time being, but I'm certain once the low-hanging fruit has been plucked, they'll be coming for us. Some of the sailors who traffic the canal report heavy orc presence closer to Hadrian's Cove, and we've gotten reports from them about raiding parties following the shore of the canal at times, but I think they're enjoying the sport of sacking farmsteads and fleeing refugees for the time being. Once those run out, things will likely come to a head fast. Our gear is well enough maintained, just old and of poor quality. There ain't no fixin' cheap."

Thorgrim rises from his slumber, "Jim, thank you for the tip. Trask, Durak, Fox, shall we make our way into town then? The Snake Hole Tavern, was it?" He gets a nod, and the guards let them pass on into Neven.

The Snake's Hole Tavern
Conditions:
Date: 11 May, 345
Time: 0900
Environment: Cool morning, light north-to-south breeze
Location: Neven, Snake's Hole Tavern

Intel
Image

The party finds the windows shuttered and the doors closed, but after a knock and a short wait, a bedraggled, round woman in a smock cracks the door open, lets the group in, and quickly escorts them by candlelight through the dark tavern and up the stairs to the sole vacant room. "Ye can settle up in de mornin'. Now off ta bed wit' ye," barks the plain, round woman and returns to her own chamber elsewhere. Before long, the group is piled in the room and fast asleep.

Some hours later, a rap at the door and the familiar voice of the same woman announces it's time for the group to wake up and settle their bill.

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Durak:
Fox:
Thorgrim:
Trask:
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5169
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Fox » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:17 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 54 of 39%
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 19
JIC: 1d20 = 19
JIC%: 1d100 = 20

Fox finds the attitude of the guards rather strange, No reaction at all to the presence of a Canid? It is much different from the response I got in Llorn.

After we enter the town and have rested in the Inn, he inquires of the innkeeper, "What is our bill for the night? Does that include breaking our fast or will that be extra...rations have been rather tight in Llorn lately?"

He sincerely hopes the food is better here. He also has his coins ready to pay his share of the bill if it is at all reasonable.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Tolliver Trask » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:05 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 44/62%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 13; 1d100 = 39
Conditions: Immune to Fire, Resistant to Cold, Sixth Sense.

Augur wrote:Some hours later, a rap at the door and the familiar voice of the same woman announces it's time for the group to wake up and settle their bill.


Trask groans as morning comes. Morning is far too early. Trask takes several long minutes putting his gear on, fastening all of the multitudes of belts and clasps on his armor and various weapons belts. Once Trask is satisfied with his gear, he makes his way to the innkeeper woman. Trask shrugs when he see Fox already talking to her. "What's the price?" Trask asks in his usual gruff sounding voice. Whatever she quotes them, he pulls the coins from his pouch. "My thanks."

Trask makes his way to the taproom floor and looks about, seeing if there is anyone around.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Durak » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:39 pm

Perception 53% 1d100 = 93
JIC 1d100 = 99 1d20 = 11

Thorgrim wrote:Thorgrim leans forward from his seat towards Durak and whispers, "Ahem... Present company might need such services as well, if you'd be so kind."


"I'll fix it in the inn when we get there. Won't take long." Durak whispers back to the large barbarian.

Augur wrote:Jim remarks, "No, no concerted attacks on Neven. The orcs have sent raiding parties from time to time, no more. I'd wager they're testing our defenses and settling for softer targets for the time being, but I'm certain once the low-hanging fruit has been plucked, they'll be coming for us. Some of the sailors who traffic the canal report heavy orc presence closer to Hadrian's Cove, and we've gotten reports from them about raiding parties following the shore of the canal at times, but I think they're enjoying the sport of sacking farmsteads and fleeing refugees for the time being. Once those run out, things will likely come to a head fast. Our gear is well enough maintained, just old and of poor quality. There ain't no fixin' cheap."


"Hadrian's cove and farmsteads," Durak nods his head in thanks "thank you." Not a lot of help but still they feel bold enough to make raid attempts on a town like Neven. Need stopping quickly.

Augur wrote:The party finds the windows shuttered and the doors closed, but after a knock and a short wait, a bedraggled, round woman in a smock cracks the door open, lets the group in, and quickly escorts them by candlelight through the dark tavern and up the stairs to the sole vacant room. "Ye can settle up in de mornin'. Now off ta bed wit' ye," barks the plain, round woman and returns to her own chamber elsewhere. Before long, the group is piled in the room and fast asleep.

Some hours later, a rap at the door and the familiar voice of the same woman announces it's time for the group to wake up and settle their bill.


Durak quickly uses Rundill's hammer to fix Thorgrim's armour
OOC Comments
+ upto 100 SDC
before falling asleep.

As he is awoken in the morning, he rouses himself quickly and readies his purse to pay his share. Get as good a breakfast as possible before getting information then heading out. He will then go downstairs into the main inn.

If there are people in the main room, he will try to chat away with a few people to see what he can find out about the movements of the orcs, the tower Fox found out about and any sources of written material that might be handy to find out more about the area they were looking into.
OOC Comments
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 30% 1d100 = 11
Streetwise 60% 1d100 = 13
Intelligence 44% 1d100 = 22
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Thorgrim » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:58 pm

Per (48%): 1d100 = 57
JiC: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 85

Some hours later, a rap at the door and the familiar voice of the same woman announces it's time for the group to wake up and settle their bill.


Why does the morning always come so early? Thorgrim stretches out his massive frame as he gets up and ensures the proper wear of his Leather of Iron, when his thoughts start swaying a bit towards food as the natural next order of business to take care of.

Fox wrote:"What is our bill for the night? Does that include breaking our fast or will that be extra...rations have been rather tight in Llorn lately?"


Good Boy, Fox, way to maximize the deal we can get by suggesting a free meal... Thor shrugs and thinks sarcastically. He chimes in, "We're happy to pay for our food in the common room, of course. I'm sure we're splitting the cost of the room for the night." The barbarian hands over a quarter of whatever the total cost is. He looks to the others to confirm they're splitting it evenly, "A quarter each, right?"

Thorgrim will follow the lot, presumably to a common room for the Snake's Hole - where they can get some food... and perhaps someone hear has some information of value to us...
Thor will try and get Esmeralda's attention, and ask her "Any idea who might be able to give us some information regarding Orc activity in the area, or further south and west of here... perhaps near an old fort?"
Invoke Trust (45%): 1d100 = 12 - tries to ensure he gets a straight forward and honest input for his question.
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 53/53
S.D.C.: 139/139
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Armor
Leather Of Iron: AR 15
S.D.C.: 110/110


Weapons
Large Iron Shield, Over-sized Claymore, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Augur » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:32 pm

Conditions:
Date: 11 May, 345
Time: 0900
Environment: Cool morning, light north-to-south breeze
Location: Neven, Snake's Hole Tavern

Intel
Image


Fox inquires, "What is our bill for the night? Does that include breaking our fast or will that be extra? Rations have been rather tight in Llorn lately." Trask asks in his usual gruff voice, "What's the price?" Thorgrim chimes in, "We're happy to pay for our food in the common room, of course. I'm sure we're splitting the cost of the room for the night."

Esmerelda looks a bit flustered by the rapid fire questions and comments. "See 'ere, you lot. That room's 40 gold fer the night. Fifty if'n ya wants breakfast too. Ya nay be no pesterin me customers while yer in'ere either. I runs a respectable local business, I do." She does, however, respond to Thorgrim's question by directing him to the stable of men at her two tables. "Me customers be good salt o' the earth men who has their wits about them, and their thumb on the pulse o' the territories."

Trask pulls the coins from his pouch. "My thanks." (50 gold deducted)

The common room isn't quite bustling, but it is somewhat busy. There's around a dozen or so men of various trades in the spacious room all seated around the pair of long, rectangular tables which dominate the center of the room. Nobody is seated at any of the small square tables along either side of the room's perimeter. The fare looks to be bowls of barley porridge with thick slices of bread, yet the aroma of fried pork hangs in the air. Once seated at one of the big tables, everyone quickly learns why: the porridge is loaded with some type of fried greens, and what looks to be fried strips of meat as well. The men seem to be enjoying it all immensely, and use the bread to sop up whatever remains on the insides of the bowls that their greedy spoons couldn't scrape off. Before two minutes have passed, there's a big bowl of the porridge, a two-inch thick slice of bread, and a hot cup of a dark brownish-green tea resting on the table in front of each of the group. Fox notices he has received the heel, but it's no less thick, and slathered in butter just like everyone else's.

The locals don't seem particularly concerned with the news of the orc raids so much as how the orcs are impacting their ability to trade along the canal. One fellow named Fletcher goes so far as to contradict the general dourness of the rest on the subject, speculating that he'll be able to fill a lot more orders than usual should the problem escalate further. A sailor who everyone just calls Bosun, chimes in with a smile to report that he's heard the Black Fleet ceased its embargo, if only temporarily, but the reasons are unknown. Another fellow, this man clearly a smith of some sort, reports that a customer of his from Llorn said that Llorn has dispatched mercenary armies to every cardinal direction to crush any orcs they might run across, and to secure provisions for the city and the farmsteads of any who might be threatened. He then adds that there's also word of an outbreak of pox in Llorn, and speculates that the government is just getting all the fighting men out of harm's way so they're healthy enough to put down a rebellion should one arise. In response to queries about things happening southwest of Neven, everyone present who claims to know anything about the area says a man named Berryann is a trapper who operates in that area, but that he left Neven the day before yesterday heading back to his trapping grounds. Fletcher remarks, "Ye'll nay catch him not on da paths. He an'is ol' nag steer clear o' such. But if'n me memory no fail me not, he 'as a cabin o' sorts such is shaded by willows an'at th'elbow of a strong steam...maybe a day's ride southwest."

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Durak:
Fox:
Thorgrim:
Trask:
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5169
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Fox » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:02 am

Perception: 1d100 = 76 of 39%
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 8
JIC: 1d20 = 5
JIC%: 1d100 = 12

OOC Comments
If that is 50 gold each, Fox will pay though he will think it is a bit steep...if it is 50 gold between us he will give Trask 13 Gold.

Fox mostly stays quiet to keep from drawing attention to himself while in the common room. He will eat the food gratefully, though his teeth are not particularly made for chewing bread if he soaks it in the porridge it is edible enough.

He thinks, At least they have meat in it. It is better than salt fish by a considerable amount.

He frowns at some of the tales, wondering how much is a rumor. He comments to his companions, "I had not heard of any armies going forth when we left, though there were rumors of disease. Sending the armies out to keep them healthy might not be a bad idea, but they may be a bit late as a disease can take days or weeks after contact to appear."

Fox is a healer, he knows these things.

After the others indulge in some careful questioning, he comments to his companions, "It sounds as if this Berryann is the one we need. I am not a great tracker, so hopefully we can locate his cabin."


If the others agree, he would like to set out quickly, possibly after getting some supplies if we are short.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Thorgrim » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:21 am

Per (48%): 1d100 = 42
JiC: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 54

Trask wrote:Trask pulls the coins from his pouch. "My thanks."


Thorgrim pats Trask on the shoulder as they walk towards the common room, "Thanks for fronting us our lodging for the night, mate. Please accept my share." Seeing Fox cough up some gold made him feel cheap -No one makes Thorgrim feel cheap!- so he fishes out 13 gold for Trask as well; handing it over to the veteran mercenary.


Once settled in the common room, Thorgrim raucously devours the food placed before him, 'eye-balling' any unfinished meals infant of his comrades as if to say Well, are you going to finish that? No? I'll eat it! "By the gods. I didn't realize the appetite I had. Perhaps it was because this was far more substantial than what we've been eating in Llorn lately, methinks. Ahem... uh... I'd just like to offer to anyone; I'll happily finish whatever isn't eaten - so we don't appear wasteful, and such."

Fletcher wrote:"Ye'll nay catch him not on da paths. He an'is ol' nag steer clear o' such. But if'n me memory no fail me not, he 'as a cabin o' sorts such is shaded by willows an'at th'elbow of a strong steam...maybe a day's ride southwest."


The barbarian listens intently for leads, and dismisses the construed banter of others - he does, however gain interest as he hears about Berryman being mentioned a few times...
Thorgrim inquires a little further with Fletcher, "Thanks for the info. But, would anyone know how long he's out before he may come back to town? ...Sounds like it may be awhile. We'll need his help, and should head out I guess. In case anyone sees him back in town, please let him know we're looking for this help, Fletcher."

"It sounds as if this Berryann is the one we need. I am not a great tracker, so hopefully we can locate his cabin."


Thor absently crosses his arms on the table and tilting his head towards Fox, in response. "I find this to be true as well, Fox. Berryman is our man. I'm no 'tracker' per se, but am more than comfortable in the wild - getting to either his cabin or finding him off-trail won't be a problem, methinks." He looks across the table to Durak, Trask, and Fox, "Fletcher here said its only about a days ride to the cabin and we've got a full day open in-front of us. Is everyone ready for a day for two at most on the road? Shall we head out on this lead? ...I get the impression we'd be wasting more time looking for more options to pursue, at this point."
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 53/53
S.D.C.: 139/139
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Armor
Leather Of Iron: AR 15
S.D.C.: 110/110


Weapons
Large Iron Shield, Over-sized Claymore, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Durak » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:53 pm

perception 53% 1d100 = 83
JIC 1d100 = 91 1d20 = 16

OOC Comments
Minus 13 gold for the room and one for the stable boy



Thorgrim wrote:Once settled in the common room, Thorgrim raucously devours the food placed before him, 'eye-balling' any unfinished meals infant of his comrades as if to say Well, are you going to finish that? No? I'll eat it! "By the gods. I didn't realize the appetite I had. Perhaps it was because this was far more substantial than what we've been eating in Llorn lately, methinks. Ahem... uh... I'd just like to offer to anyone; I'll happily finish whatever isn't eaten - so we don't appear wasteful, and such."


As they eat breakfast, Durak eats everything served up to him. "Keep up your strength people, probably the last meal like this for a while," Durak licks it clean and makes sure none of it ended up in his beard, "now we will be deployment rations or at least if you haven't got something to avoid that necessity." Durak touches his talismans and considers whether to activate the sustain spell. Leave it until this evening at least. he decides, might be out there a while..

Thorgrim wrote:Thor absently crosses his arms on the table and tilting his head towards Fox, in response. "I find this to be true as well, Fox. Berryman is our man. I'm no 'tracker' per se, but am more than comfortable in the wild - getting to either his cabin or finding him off-trail won't be a problem, methinks." He looks across the table to Durak, Trask, and Fox, "Fletcher here said its only about a days ride to the cabin and we've got a full day open in-front of us. Is everyone ready for a day for two at most on the road? Shall we head out on this lead? ...I get the impression we'd be wasting more time looking for more options to pursue, at this point."


Durak checks the gear he has on his person as Thorgrim makes his suggestion, "Now we have a lead to follow, I agree, let us begin our operation."
Satisfied everything is in place, Durak picks up his weapons, "I will check the cart and make sure we are ready to go."

He walks out to the cart and checks on it. Provided everything is still in place and the stable boy has done at least a reasonable job with the horses, Durak flips him a gold coin for his efforts, before clambering up and taking the reins and waiting for the others.
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Tolliver Trask » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:17 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 100/62%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 9; 1d100 = 2
Conditions: Immune to Fire, Resistant to Cold, Sixth Sense.

Trask eats, he is neither in a rush or starving, so he eats like a civilized person. While he eats, Trask looks about the Taproom and considers what he's hearing. So the mercenaries have been deployed, but it seems no one in Llorn knew this... Strange. These people seem unaffected and literally unphased by the the Orc's who are bringing a metropolis to it's knees... and no one in town genuinely knows anything about the Orcs. Nope none of this is adding up, it's like some sort of madness. Trask thinks as he thoughtfully chews a spoon full of porridge.

Fox wrote:"I had not heard of any armies going forth when we left, though there were rumors of disease. Sending the armies out to keep them healthy might not be a bad idea, but they may be a bit late as a disease can take days or weeks after contact to appear."


Trask looks at Fox. "Unlikely the truth, I believe the notion that they've been mobilized, the reasons are likely for Orc hunting, if the threat they pose is to be noted." Trask says as he cuts a piece off of his bread hunk with one of his knives.

Fox wrote:"It sounds as if this Berryann is the one we need. I am not a great tracker, so hopefully we can locate his cabin."


Trask again looks up at Fox. "Would seem so, strange that no one here seems very concerned." Trask says before taking another spoon full of porridge.

Thorgrim wrote:"Thanks for fronting us our lodging for the night, mate. Please accept my share."


Trask takes all the coins offered and places them in his coin pouch. "It expedites things if only one person is paying for trivialities such as lodgings." Trask says to the group.

Thorgrim wrote:"I find this to be true as well, Fox. Berryman is our man. I'm no 'tracker' per se, but am more than comfortable in the wild - getting to either his cabin or finding him off-trail won't be a problem, methinks." He looks across the table to Durak, Trask, and Fox, "Fletcher here said its only about a days ride to the cabin and we've got a full day open in-front of us. Is everyone ready for a day for two at most on the road? Shall we head out on this lead? ...I get the impression we'd be wasting more time looking for more options to pursue, at this point."


Trask shakes his head as he spoons up another bite of porridge. "Either notion could be true, being well informed isn't a waste if it is used. Though from the nature of these people, they almost seem ignorant of the dangers a few days from their doors." Trask says with a bit of derision, before eating the porridge on his spoon.

Durak wrote:"Keep up your strength people, probably the last meal like this for a while," Durak licks it clean and makes sure none of it ended up in his beard, "now we will be deployment rations or at least if you haven't got something to avoid that necessity."


Trask again shakes his head. "Says you, I bought enough rations to last me a few weeks, cost me a gods-damned fortune too." Trask says matter of factly.

Durak wrote:"Now we have a lead to follow, I agree, let us begin our operation."


Trask shrugs. "I guess that's really all that's left to do, go see if this mystery man is real, ask him what he knows and go fight a swarm of orcs with an undersized company. At least the pay is good." Trask says finishing the last of his porridge.

Trask pushes the bowl away from himself as he stands up and makes his way to the stables. Garrick is going to be right pissy this morning. Trask thinks as he approaches the stable hand. "I'm here for my mule, I can situate him myself." Trask says as he walks to Garrick.

"Morning old friend, have they treated you well? We have a walk ahead of us." Trask says as he begins to situate the blanket that will be the base of the Pack set up. Garrick complaints are met with shushing. "Oh whining won't do you any good my friend, we still need to make the trip, and most of the weight is your food anyways. I got rid of most of the excess gear anyways." Trask says as he straps on the harnesses and bags.

Once Garrick is situated he leads the mule out of the stable and wait for the others.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Augur » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:34 am

Conditions:
Date: 11 May, 345
Time: 1615
Environment: Cool morning, light north-to-south breeze
Location: Neven, Snake's Hole Tavern

Intel
Image


Consulting their map as they ride, and taking the lay of the land, the quartet heads out of Neven the way they came: from the South gate. The brief morning spent in town was informative, the people relatively pleasant, and the town itself in surprisingly good condition regarding the threats surrounding it. After about seven hours following the rough road South, they come upon a bridge over a east-west stream. On the horizon, they see the stream makes a hairpin bend before slipping out of sight behind a low hill shrouded in trees.

What are your intentions?

GM Note: You're in the wilds on your own now, so make sure to include land navigation rolls & anything else you think wise--and specify to what ends the skills are being applied.

Butcher's Bill
Durak:
Fox:
Thorgrim:
Trask:
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5169
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Fox » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:54 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 58 of 42%
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 20
JIC: 1d20 = 6
JIC%: 1d100 = 92

Fox knows if he had spent his time with his people he would be much better at these things than he is. Instead, he went off to the temple to learn healing, and then he was taken to the valley.

With some surprise he remembers, The Valley, how could I have forgotten it? I need to go back there. to show them I deserve their trust.

He can not tell the others though, that is the first promise he made to the Kights.

OOC Comments
He has no idea that he is under a mental compulsion that would make talking about the Valley impossible.


The knights of the valley were the reason he wanted to become a Knight himself.

He reminds himself, This is no time to be lost in the clouds, we have a job to do. We need to save the people of Llorn. Doing their duty and protecting others is what Knights do.

He may not be as good at this as a hunter, but he does have many of the required abilities. He tries to put them to good use.

Recognize and Track Familiar Scent 1d100 = 100 of 32% (Looking for the smell of smoke and of tanning supplies, things that would indicate the presence of someone hunting, smoking meats, and tanning skins).

Land Navigation: 1d100 = 55 of 60% (To keep from going in circles and getting lost)

Wilderness Survival: 1d100 = 83 of 60% (To look for signs of habitation)
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Thorgrim » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:59 am

Per (63%. Or 88% to detect weather/environmental hazards and recognize plants, roots, insects for nourishment. Or 78% recognize animal aggression.): 1d100 = 6
JiC: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 80

As the party travels along, Thorgrim keeps an eye out for the occasional 'free snack', as offered by nature, in the form of a crispy insect or meaty roots and bulbs from the undergrowth. Although far from tasting delicious, it's tolerable and Thorgrim isn't one to turn down a free bite to eat... Never pass on free food, methinks. Plus, the way food is going in Llorn currently, this stuff ain't half bad. Not wanting to keep it all to himself, he will share any excess he finds, "Here ya go, mates. Try one of these... it's an acquired taste for some, but nourishing nonetheless."

Identify Plants & Fruits (43%): 1d100 = 60 (in addition to perception roll related to this, Thor looks for food along the way - eating and sharing what is available, and storing anything in abundance as a snack/meal for later)
Wilderness Survival (78%): 1d100 = 48 (observes for anything out of the ordinary, and keeps an eye out for signs of trapping/hunting in the area)

...After about seven hours following the rough road South, they come upon a bridge over a east-west stream. On the horizon, they see the stream makes a hairpin bend before slipping out of sight behind a low hill shrouded in trees.


This looks close to what was described to us back in Neven, methinks. Thor pauses and takes in the surroundings by the bridge. Surveying the land in front of them, he decides on the best route for them to take to reach the low hill shrouded in trees. While by the bridge, he also looks for traffic of fish or other small creatures in the stream which may provide them with a food source for later (fish, crabs, crawfish, etc). Thor fills up his water skins at the stream while he's make his observations.

Land Navigation (71%): 1d100 = 31 (decides on best route to take to low hill shrouded in trees)
Astronomy and Navigation (53%): 1d100 = 22 (same in reinforcing Land Nav, and determines how long it will take them to get there)
Fishing (53%): 1d100 = 13 (seeing if the stream carries fish, etc to come back to as a food source later)

After taking a moment to assess the situation, Thorgrim speaks up, "If you look towards the horizon -the stream, the bend, the trees on the low hill- all look like what Fletcher had described as the location of Berryman's cabin... I think we're headed in the right direction. I think we should continue to press forward before it gets dark. Let's top off our water sources before continuing further, though."
If the group concurs, Thorgrim will recommend his route to continue traveling. I hope this can save us some time. "If Berryman's cabin, is up ahead there, then he may be anywhere around here trapping and hunting like Fletcher mentioned. Lets keep our eyes out, eh?"

Wilderness Survival (78%): 1d100 = 87 (observes for anything out of the ordinary, and keeps an eye out for signs of trapping/hunting in the area or off beaten paths and game trails which Berryman might use)
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 53/53
S.D.C.: 139/139
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Armor
Leather Of Iron: AR 15
S.D.C.: 110/110


Weapons
Large Iron Shield, Over-sized Claymore, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Durak » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:27 pm

Perception 53% 1d100 = 89
JIC 1d100 = 81 1d20 = 3

Durak keeps quiet as they travel; he keeps the wagon at a steady pace as to not tire the horses

Out in the wilderness again Durak the young dwarf's face turns sour, hate being out here. After last time with the Coyles, dodging them in night, keeping the other recruits alive and able to move. Being a specialist in a unit was fine, but there had been good reasons for him to stay in the city as much as possible. Bad memories out here.

Teamster 51% 1d100 = 37 keep the horses relatively fresh
Wilderness Survival 36% 1d100 = 81 spot any food that can supplement their ration stocks.

Thorgrim wrote:"Here ya go, mates. Try one of these... it's an acquired taste for some, but nourishing nonetheless."


Durak accepts what Thorgrim offers, happy to have extra food and not have to use his magic just yet. Who knew how long they would be out here nor if he'd have to share the talisman's power.

Thorgrim wrote:After taking a moment to assess the situation, Thorgrim speaks up, "If you look towards the horizon -the stream, the bend, the trees on the low hill- all look like what Fletcher had described as the location of Berryman's cabin... I think we're headed in the right direction. I think we should continue to press forward before it gets dark. Let's top off our water sources before continuing further, though."
If the group concurs, Thorgrim will recommend his route to continue traveling. I hope this can save us some time. "If Berryman's cabin, is up ahead there, then he may be anywhere around here trapping and hunting like Fletcher mentioned. Lets keep our eyes out, eh?"


Durak shrugs as he pulls the cart to a halt.
"If Thorgrim thinks this is the route, let's follow his lead on this one and get some more water, unless somebody knows different."

Durak drains his waterskin and fills his back up at the stream ready for use. He will help fill anybody else's up as well if needed.
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Augur » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:39 pm

Conditions:
Date: 11 May, 345
Time: 1830 (dusk)
Environment: Cool evening, light north-to-south breeze
Location: A day's ride south of Neven

Intel
Image

Skill Checks
[Thorgrim] Perception: (recognize plants, roots, insects for nourishment)
[Thorgrim] Identify Plants & Fruits: (Thor looks for food along the way - eating and sharing what is available)
[Thorgrim] Wilderness Survival: (keeps an eye out for signs of trapping/hunting in the area)
Fishing: (seeing if the stream carries fish)
[Durak] Teamster: (keep horses relatively fresh)
[Fox] Land Navigation: (keep from getting lost)

Fox helps guide Durak in his reliable & consistent driving of the beasts towing the cart. They maintain a true course toward the point on the horizon, following the top of the ridgeline which hugs the stream to a fair degree. Fox estimates the distance to be no more than ten miles given the point on the horizon in relation to their apparent relative difference in altitude; a couple more hours and they should be in the vicinity of their destination provided their intel and this first geographical area to match the description given them turn out to be good. Bellies are beginning to rumble, but Thor notes that there's a fair number of traps set in the area. He sees the telltale signs of brush being cleared in certain areas to make a funnel to direct wildlife traffic and is unsurprised to even find an ensnared hare in one of the traps. He also notes a couple of similar runs which have been set-up in the stream, so knows it must be at least somewhat useful for fishing. Knowing better than to steal the trapped game of a dedicated trapper, Thor gives the man's catch a wide berth, but keeps his eyes out for other edibles, and spots mushrooms growing along the bowl of a gnarled tree halfway down the hill to the river. He breaks off a double fistful of these firm, yet soft delectibles, as he scours for more provisions. A tree that's broken halfway up the trunk (from a strong wind by the looks of it) catches his eye, so he scales the eight feet of standing trunk to find a bird's nest at the top, inside of which are three modest eggs. On his way down the same tree (with the eggs kept safely in a small sack tied at his hip), he spots a hole in the side of the dead trunk that's been bored out by insects and seizes a handful of thick brown and green larvae each the size of his pinky. He adds these to his sack before making his way back up the hill to the cart. The eggs he'll need to save for later if he wants them cooked, but he breaks the mushroom into four chunks each the size of a crusty heel of bread, and mashes the larvae across the tops of each like butter. Each of the team accepts "nature's buttered bread" from Thor, and while the larvae leave an oily taste in one's mouth, and the mushroom is a bit bitter, the food silences their rumbling stomachs.

Nearing the bend, Thorgrim is the first to notice the coppicing of the trees near the bend, and smiles for a moment knowing that this patch of woods is anything but wild. Durak, however, has a first of his own. He's the first to feel the tightening pain in his abdomen, and the loosening of his bowels. He grimaces knowing a long night's ahead of them and hoping diarrhea will be the extent of the discomfort. It's not long before Trask, Fox, and Thorgrim are feeling the same discomfort, and Thorgrim chides himself as too accustomed to city life & having grown dangerously rusty in his survival skills. As the sun's nearing its nadir on the horizon, the four find themselves hastily shoveling out bowls from the earth on either side of the wagon and emptying their liquefied bowels. It's at this time that an older man with a hunting bow in hand and an axe on his hip makes his presence known to all. He strokes Garrick's nose and speaks softly to the beast before speaking to the four team members. "If you're here to rob me, I'll save you the embarrassment of killing you with your britches down. I've no gold or fancy things to steal. Though I'd be happy to trade with you, if we have anything of mutual value. Name's Berryann. Cross the stream and find your way to my cabin if you're looking for trade...or maybe a tea to soothe your bellies." Without a further word, he's off and out of sight amid the brush and reeds near the stream.

Image


What are your intentions?

GM Note: You're in the wilds on your own now, so make sure to include land navigation rolls & anything else you think wise--and specify to what ends the skills are being applied.

Butcher's Bill
Durak: -1/2 all APM & combat bonuses (sick)
Fox: -1/2 all APM & combat bonuses (sick)
Thorgrim: -1/2 all APM & combat bonuses (sick)
Trask: -1/2 all APM & combat bonuses (sick)
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5169
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Next

Return to Fantasy Adventures

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest