Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Only adventured-related threads are found here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Augur » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:15 pm

Conditions:
Date: 8 May, 345
Time: 1800
Environment: Mixed light rain, smoke, and sunshine outside
Location: The Lycinean Pier, Sea District


Summary so far...
The early evening finds the tavern to be lightly frequented. A handful of sailors, virtually no women, and a skeleton crew of wait staff serve watered ale, and fare so miserable that a few months prior it would be considered food fit only for swine. Still, inside of the tavern is dry and warm, and the stink of old beer and sweat not so strong as in the heat of day. And the damp hanging in the warm night air outside has all the sea-faring folk of the district on edge as such usually speaks of becalmed waters and thirst. As they meet up after their recent, separate adventures, they reconnect in part, and find a growing rift between certain members of those assembled...and this might be one problem for which a strong ale isn't a viable cure-all. Tyral finds his dining request is met with something close to rage mixed with derision by those patrons near enough to hear him and by the wait staff alike; food is getting ever more scarce, and even the ale is running low due to lack of available grains on the market. Alexander De'vaue, Captain of the Duke's Guard, has spoken with Predat and wants his most ruthless and hardened friends (Group A) to investigate the status of Hadrian's Cove, traffic from which has entirely dried up. He privately confided in Predat that he thinks it possible that Hadrian's Cove has been wiped out; why else would traffic entirely cease?

Fox has the general area of a possible source of the Orc raids. Now that they're healed, there is a fat bounty to collect.

Bounty Assignments
  • 1: a bounty for every right ear of an Orc brought in.
  • 2: scout for Orcs and escort refugees back to the city for a period of one week.
  • 3: sub-financed by the Red Brigade finding and eliminating the root of the orc menace that currently plagues the city.
Payment stipulated as follows:
  • 1: one hundred gold per orc ear from hostile tribes--and that's most in the region
  • 2: one thousand gold for a week's demonstrated service as stipulated--notify the guards at the gates when escorting refugees to safety, they'll pass word
  • 3: one hundred thousand gold for ending the orc threat and the source of that threat--this is a single sum, not per member of a group.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5336
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby EBAH » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:42 pm

Conditions:
Date: 9 May, 345
Time: 0830
Environment: Light rain to misting, smoke, and sunshine outside
Location: The Lycinean Pier, Sea District


The early morning has a calmness about it. Even the hustle and bustle of the townsfolk seemed to have a casual pace about them, as they carry out their morning rituals. The smell of the sea still lingering in the corners where the sun hasn't quite driven it away. The rain that's hanging around lightens to a gentle mist. The ground still squishing under the groups footsteps as they walk about, finishing up the last minute preparations. Most commoners seems content going about their own business, not many people turn their heads. Tatyana doesn't draw many sideways glances or scowls, neither does Predat.

As the morning calmness ramps up to its usual pace, the small band gathers along the dock near the Port Master's office. A large merchant ship can be seen coming into the harbor. The dock seems busier than normal as several ships are getting ready to disembark. The door to the Post Master's office suddenly slams shut as a heavy set male walks out. The disgruntled look and incomprehensible muttering is an obvious sign that his conversation didn't end well. A heavy stench of booze can be smelt, almost feet before, as he passes by. The man's head looking down at his feet as he walks further down the dock towards the ships.




What are you next course of actions?

*Note*: Let me know how you want to travel. Your next post should contain what your actions are, leading up to the time you plan on sleeping for the night.
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:41 pm

Perception [74%]: 1d100 = 43
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 13
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 19

PPE: 235/235
SDC: 43/43
HP: 54/54

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [10 Days]



OOC: With the time-requirement completed, the Wizard should have been able to complete his Healing Wand, which he will keep secured within his Staff's secret compartment with a Healing potion if located in the Bazaar (for himself since he knows he cannot use the wand on himself)

Tyral arrives in the morning as (apparently) agreed with the others and approaches. He is not wearing a Robe, and instead is clad in a Leather jacket (over a shirt and vest) atop pants and sturdy looking boots (though he is still wearing his Gryphon Claw Gauntlets and carries his new elegantly engraved staff), "Have folks found their respective gear? If we spend 3 days here, then I can get us a Flight tool that will get us about 125 miles in under 3 hours ... should let us touch down rested and scout the last 10-15 miles as we get closer in. It would require us to leave our Mounts behind, but will also mean that we will be harder to see coming. What do we think? ... We could make excellent distance on a night-flight."

The Elf offers a short shrug if the idea is refused, "If not, then I guess we can just hit the road. I can summon fodder and water, so thankfully we do not need to carry that with us. Tatyana? If you want to share a bit of your spell-casting energy once we are out of the City, I could also give you flight so you can keep up with the horses easily for a few hours." This option would put the group immediately on the road and allow their Wolfen to keep up (because they could do ~30-40 miles/day in 3 hours travel depending on the speed of Silhouette's mule), but Tyral seems less enthusiastic about it, "Could be difficult to try and finish wands on the road."


~~~==~~~==~~~

Perception [74%]: 1d100 = 90
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 9
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 52

PPE: 235/235
SDC: 43/43
HP: 54/54

Conditions: Nightvision: 40', Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), Track by Smell 90%, Sustain [10 Days]

Brago pads up along with Tyral
Last edited by Tyral on Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Predat » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:49 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 84 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 43 1d20 = 11

Conditions: Sustain (10 days)

Pre nods to Tyral, "I leave it to you all. Wilderness is my thing and being on the road doesn't bother me in the least." Some of you are a little softer. "Our job is finding why caravans are not getting through. We might miss things if we just fly fast as possible to the outskirts of Hadrian's Cove. But we might not and the problem could be solely at the Cove. All depends on how you want to handle things. Tat and I can start now, scout out the road and you can catch up when you are done with your tinkering. Either way is good with me. We may need the ability to fly if we have to go out over the canal. Pre waits for others to respond.
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 161 / 161


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Silhouette » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:19 am

JIC: 1d20 = 11d100 = 59
Perc: 63% /1d100 = 34

Conditions: Sustain (10 Days)

History Orcs -- 42% / 1d100 = 93(To recall how Orcs have organized their forces in the past and what motivated them to attack distant lands then.)

Stirring from leaning against a wall, her cloak encasing her like the ejected black pools of one of those exotic tentacled creatures sailors often caught and horrifically ate Silhouette seems to wake from sleep or meditation as a hand comes up to rub her eye saying tiredly,”Oooh, flying again?” Her ton bespoke interest but her gaze to the sea spoke of other thoughts.

Mumbling she says,”I liked that last time.” She did not say how Tyral had been helpful with the spell, nor how it likely saved their lives, nor any other praise as she simply focuses on what it did for her as she continues speaking past a hand covering a yawn as she protests,“Remember how many days it took to get to that cave and it wasn’t even far! Not again.”

Nodding Silhouette agrees with Pre’s plan or the idea of it as she conjectures to say,”I hear a lot about Orcs being the cause of everything from caravans to peeing in the morning burning…” Pulling her shadowy cloak around her against the damp Sil looks to Tyral saying,”That’s a good idea elf-eyes. You stay here making out for our greater travel and us three can go get some information.” Looking up toward where the Duke’s castle resides distant thought pulls at her attention from recent studies,”Llorn is so busy fixing itself they seem worried about something else than to skirmish Orcs directly.”

Breathing in and out she looks to be trying to remember something from long ago as she thinks to herself,”Llorn has gotten so used to selling armies they don’t seem able to commit their own without it filling their purses.” Smiling with a touch of confidence in her words now as her thoughts feed what she says,”We need to find out what makes Orcs move this way against Llorn and from what rat nest they are coming from.” Shrugging she borrows from something she had heard another merc say,”We will get to the Cove, but I won’t be caught pissing out the flames while ignoring the blaze at its center.”

Realizing she had turned about her interest in traveling on foot with their future actions she folds and unfolds her arms under her enchanted cloak,”I guess we go on foot, find some orcs, pull some information.”
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:52 pm

Tyral wrote:Perception [74%]: Original post: 1d100 = 43
D20 JiC: Original post: 1d20 = 13
D100 JiC: Original post: 1d100 = 19


PPE: 235/235
SDC: 43/43
HP: 54/54

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [10 Days]




Silhouette wrote:"I hear a lot about Orcs being the cause of everything from caravans to peeing in the morning burning…” Pulling her shadowy cloak around her against the damp Sil looks to Tyral saying,”That’s a good idea elf-eyes. You stay here making out for our greater travel and us three can go get some information.” Looking up toward where the Duke’s castle resides distant thought pulls at her attention from recent studies,"Llorn is so busy fixing itself they seem worried about something else than to skirmish Orcs directly.”


The Wizard restrains himself from rolling his eyes and blithely responds, "Thanks Human-Hair? But I am not going to sit in the City for days making a wand so I can later try to track you three down on my own way th nothing but Brago's nose to chase a 3 day old scent, especially not Tor ... Even with the matching shadow cloaks. That is an interesting look by the way, but not so much for morning travel. Oh, and way to absolutely reverse course on helping me out with making them."

Shifting the collar on his leather jacket Tyral seems ill at ease without his robes but walks over and casts Sustain on Tor's Silonar [12 PPE, 10 Days, (2hrs Sleep, No Food or Drink needed)], on Brago, and also on his own mount Esper before pulling himself into the saddle to head for the Gate out of the City. He will pull PPE off locals as he rides by so he can leave the city at full PPE.

"PPE Syphoning"
According to PFRPG Pg 181, a Wizard can attempt to syphon PPE from up to 1 person per level (so 9) for up to 1d4 PPE @ a time, within 100ft, so potentially 10d4 PPE each syphon attempt if every potential target fails their save (15), but he cannot take more than 50% of their total. This is described as requiring minimal effort/focus.


*Although, with that Locate spell, and say ... a lock of Sil's hair, or Tatyana's Fur, I could probably track them within a 20-30 mile range. Still that would mean an expensive casting every 30 minutes or so, which is idiocy when riding to challenge a horde of unknown Orcs. Ehlrich was proof enough of that. An arrow in the eye half-a-heartbeat ahead of your Armor of Ithan, and it's all over.*

About 10-minutes outside the City, Tyral pulls rein and looks at Tatyana, "Do you want to try and jog all day? Or do you feel like loaning me the energy so you can fly alongside the horses?" OOC: If Tatyana is inclined, Tyral will cast Fly as the Eagle (L7, 25 P.P.E., 100', 200 Min, [50 MPH, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge, +2 Damage on Diving attack]) on her.

Brago pads smoothly alongside the group (at ~20mph or less, can maintain that for 12 hours).
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tatyana Singh » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:05 pm

Perception: [57%] [dice][dice]1d100[/dice][/dice]
JIC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 72

Conditions: Keen hearing, equal to a canine, excellent sense of smell, Horror Factor: 12, Sustain [10 Days]

Tatyana arrives to the port and meets the others, she is fully kitted out and ready to go. "Morning all", she says cheerfully. She likes the suggestion of Predat, scouting ahead would be useful, but she is happy to go with the group decision this morning.

Tyral wrote:About 10-minutes outside the City, Tyral pulls rein and looks at Tatyana, "Do you want to try and jog all day? Or do you feel like loaning me the energy so you can fly alongside the horses?" OOC: If Tatyana is inclined, Tyral will cast Fly as the Eagle (L7, 25 P.P.E., 100', 200 Min, [50 MPH, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge, +2 Damage on Diving attack]) on her.


The Wolfen ponders question and agrees. "Yes,thank you. That sounds like a great way to travel."
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 36/36
SDC: 53/53
PPE: 127/127
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: Southern United Kingdom

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Predat » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:43 pm

Rolls and conditions as above

Pre sits astride Hey Stupid awaiting final confirmation of what they are doing. "So we are heading out all together then? Good, I'd rather get going. The city is starting to feel a bit desperate to me." If they head out, Pre will take the lead and report back if he notices anything out of the ordinary. It is good to be out in the field again.

Normal checks as they get a little distance from the city:
Track Humanoids - 1d100 = 96 / 72%
Track and Trap Animals - 1d100 = 72 / 72%/82%
Land Navigation - 1d100 = 1 / 75%
Detect Ambush - 1d100 = 42 / 82%
Identify Plants & Fruits - 1d100 = 94 / 62% (For anything useful)
Last edited by Predat on Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 161 / 161


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:49 pm

Tyral wrote:Perception [74%]: Original post: 1d100 = 43
D20 JiC: Original post: 1d20 = 13
D100 JiC: Original post: 1d100 = 19


PPE: 235/235
SDC: 43/43
HP: 54/54

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [10 Days]




Once they are on the road, Tyral draws PPE from the Wolfen and casts the flight spell on her, "This will last a few hours. If you need, I picked up a couple extra saddle bags." OOC: Got 4 empty bags in case Tatyana does not want to carry her gear. This way a horse can handle bedrolls, or a backpack for her.

The Wizard otherwise spends several hours largely lost/focused on shaping and waving the matrices of mystic energy to graft onto a small stick to be used (eventually) as a wand of Flight. Tyral will ask either Tor or Tat to hold a lengthy lead-rein so that his mount (Esper) keeps pace. If Tatyana requests a renewal of the Flight enchantment some hours later, he will do so if she extends her own energy for the effort.

When light begins to fail (or Tor chooses a Campsite), Tyral will interrupt his reverie and draw forth his Scroll on a Circle of Concealment, *Ehlric used to handle this when we would travel the Old Kingdom. Never got around to learning this spell from him but he was find of it. He will never get around to showing me now ... But with some focus, maybe I can keep a memory of him around ...*

Tyral will expend an EP in casting the spell scroll (Circle of Concealment) and securing the perimeter around their campsite from prying eyes. Then he will draw the Environmental Tent from one of his dimensional bags).
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby EBAH » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:42 pm


Date: 9 May, 345
Time: 1930
Environment: Mixed light rain
Location: East of Llorn


The Departure
The quartet decides to make the journey to Hardens Cove on foot. With the decision made, those who need to take their leave and prepare their mounts, do so while the others finish up their preparations. After a set amount of time, Predat, Silhouette, Tatyana and Tyral, all gather near the east gates leaving Llorn. Hey stupid and Predat set pace and take the lead. Next comes Silhouette and Tyral, both on top of Petal and Esper, respectively. Last and not at all the least, Tatyana brings up the rear. After about a quarter glass time, the band pauses their trek. The elven wizard offers up some of his services, though not some his energy. Casting his Fly as Eagle spell on Tatyana. Shortly after the completion of the spell, they all resume onward. Tyral attempts to create a wand while on the back of his horse. The task seems more strenuous than the elf had expected. The rain and constant but erratic swaying makes it hard to remain focused for any length of time. The rest of the day doesn't bring much, in terms of excitement or information. The groups stops sometime around midday. Allowing their beast a short reprieve as they consume lunch. Afterwards, Predat manages to keep them moving in the right direction. He also manages to keep the group from becoming lost. As he watches his environment, he only notices a few small game tracks but also seems to avoid any ambush, if there was any.

Evening Campsite
The sun creeps slowly toward the horizon and tree line. As the light begins to fade, the small group break to make camp for the night. They find an adequate size clearing for their animals and to pitch a tent or two. It's about a hundred feet or so off the main path, into the woods. Tyral rummages through his pack and procures a scroll. Unraveling it, he reads the words carefully written down. Within moments the words start to disappear from the parchment and the immediate area becomes hidden from any wandering eyes. Once he is satisfied that his spell scroll worked, Tyral sets up his environmental tent. Predat and Silhouette find several trees to use as a hitching post for all of the animals. While Tatyana does a quick walk about the camp site, making sure there are no signs of any previous guests. After everyone has fi sighed with their tasks, they gather around the entrance to the tent. The light rail mixed with fading of the sun leave the group with a bit of a chilled feeling.





What are you next course of actions?

Butcher's Bill:
Pedat:
Silhouette:
Tatyana: -25 P.P.E.
Tyral:
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:55 pm

Perception [74%]: 1d100 = 5
D20 JiC: : 1d20 = 18
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 20

PPE: 235/235
SDC: 43/43
HP: 54/54

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [10 Days]



As the last lines of the spell evaporate off the Scroll's page, the incantation singes itself to the Wizard's own memory [Scroll Conversion] and he looks to Tor with a wry grin, "That spell should keep anyone or anything from stumbling onto us in the night. Also, this tent should sleep 4 and does not leak, but if you are afraid such comforts will make you City-Soft, then Brago and I shall just have a bit more elbow room." He then winks and heads inside.

The Wizard does not invite Sil or Tatyana specifically in, but leaves the flap open so they can enter to get out of the rain.

Tyral will cast Cleanse on anyone who actually enters [6 P.P.E., 2 people by touch ... Should leave recipients clean and dry] before taking a seat away from Tatyana (she's big and will take up a bunch of room), "This tent will remain dry and warm, but if we are inclined, I have a flame dagger I picked up ... Thankfully we can set that in the center of the ground. A flame blade does not smoke, and needs no wood, just gives off light and heat ... Ehlrich used to cook steaks over a Sword when his brother spent a few years with us. But this should be fine. In fact it may get a bit stifling with both, but we can always just sheathe the blade ..."

The Wizard will draw forth the length of wood he has been trying to fashion into a Wand of Flight and sets it across his upturned palms so that he can focus on trying to graft on the matrices that will imbue and channel the desired spell. Barring interruption the Wizard plans to use the next 8 hours engrossed in the minutiae of fabricating a magic item and periodically wondering if it is really worth the effort, *It's not unlike building a ship in a bottle, like Dollinger used to do. I miss that gnome, he was funny."

"Wand-r-Lust"
This wand is supposed to take 3 days per Crafting roll.
It also has an overall PPE Cost of 250.
If permissible I would like to channel a proportionate amount in each day so that it is not an all-at-once situation. (Which would be -80 PPE now)
Also, can you give a tally of time that I can credit towards the effort for tracking purposes?


Barring interruption, this task completed the Wizard will lie down and sleep a few (3) hours until rolling out of his blankets to listen for whether the Rain has stopped.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Predat » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:56 am

Perception: 1d100 = 72 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 34 1d20 = 9

Conditions: Sustain (10 days)

Pre nods to the set up and smiles, "Don't thinking camping is going to get me citysoft, as you call it, but that is a nice tent. What about watch? I suggest that Tyral and I take the first watch. Lets say three hours, then we wake up Sil and Tat for the next three?" Might as well take advantage of this spell. As they set up camp, Pre roams the outskirts of camp to see what he can find. Signs of other humanoids, game, traps or any edible or poisonous plants. If he sees any signs of game he will pull out a trap and set it in a logical location. Can always use a little extra something to eat. Pre ties up Hey Stupid to a tree away from the other animals, Don't want Stupid here to eat that damn mule. He picks a spot that has some shrubery nearby the Hey Stupid can eat if he wants. He cares for the Silonar then sees what the others are up to.

Track Humanoids - 1d100 = 74 / 72% (To see if anyone is nearby or been through here recently)
Track and Trap Animals - 1d100 = 5 / 72%/82% (To see if any game is nearby and to lay a trap with his gear)
Detect Ambush - 1d100 = 86 / 82% (obvious)
Identify Plants & Fruits - 1d100 = 89 / 62% (For anything useful, edible or poisonous)
Detect Concealment/Traps - 1d100 = 74 / 72% (obvious)
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 161 / 161


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tatyana Singh » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:05 pm

Perception: [57%] 1d100 = 52
JIC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 12

Conditions: Keen hearing, equal to a canine, excellent sense of smell, Horror Factor: 12, Sustain [10 Days]

Having walked the perimeter of their little campsite and watched Tyral cast his spells, Tatyana sighs, I hope its beg enough on the inside with me in there. she thinks to herself. The Wolfen gives a goodly shake to get as much of the settled rain off of her as possible and enters the open flap, running right into Tyrals cleanse spell. "Thank you for that. I was worried the rain in my fur would be a problem." Tatyana looks around the tent,"If it's to cramped in here, I'll sleep outside."

If she stays in the tent, Tatyana will try to take up as little room as possible and lay there,each hand on one of the 12 sisters, listening to her surrounding with her eyes shut until she drops off, satisfied that the elves magic will do what he says it will.

If she leaves the tent, Tatyana will find the driest place available and using her backpack as a pillow and covering herself with her blanket, the Wolfen will make herself comfortable; keeping her sword at the ready and sleeping lightly.
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 36/36
SDC: 53/53
PPE: 127/127
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: Southern United Kingdom

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Silhouette » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:41 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 71d100 = 5
Perc: 63% / 1d100 = 86

Area Knowledge (PF Eastern Territory) -- 32% / 1d100 = 51(Looking for landmarks and special locations for travelers or rest.)
Astronomy & Navigation -- 37% / 1d100 = 61(Being mindful of her own location more than guiding.)


Silhouette appears to be gaining energy as the first leg of their trip advances. Each new bend seems to have her neck crooking to see around its curve sooner or at times seeing her dismount throwing the reins over Petals neck and jogging ahead. Silhouette seemed to always have a sense of satisfaction from this. Any sound of birds, insects, or wildlife sends her into broad smiles as she takes it all in like a small child excitedly going to their favorite place. The forests were fresh and lively compared to the sad state Llorn was in these days. With its recent squalor, banditry inside the city, and general malaise of suffering.

Here on the trail, maps upon maps and descriptions of places outside of Llorn had their fill of her head as she looks for landmarks. Challenging her memory full of personal lessons, not to exclude occasional mental interrogation of skilled rangers that frequented some taverns habitually, the changeling seems to be burning candles at both ends that not even the rain could dampen the flitting about. When their travels wind down into them turning off the road Silhouette grumbles that they could keep going, but eventually relents as her hand stifles a yawn.

Seeing to Petal, putting the Mule alongside Tyral’s mount for company, while giving Pre’s mount, full of a toothy mouth, the evil eye Silhouette adds half-joking saying,”If that thing so much as eyeballs my Petal…” Waving a finger in the air she leaves an empty threat of reprisal on that.

Checking on Tyral’s tent the forsaken mage stares at the accommodations suspiciously, though more at the exposed flaming blade saying,”Good luck not rolling over that tonight.” Picking up the mini-campfire she holds it securely in her lap upright. The evening was going to be very long without many tasks to accomplish and the Sustaining magic shortening the need for sleep as she thinks,”Tyral found a way to fill that time, why can’t you, huh?” Crawling up next to Tatyana and puting her back against the comfy wolfen, Silhouette informs Tat and Pre,”I’ll be here in case someone needs help, before bothering him.” Gesturing at the focused elf, Silhouette shrugs,” but I’m going to be rather focused too.”

Spending some effort Silhouette makes a Fire Globe -48 PPE and spends her time meditating to recover 10 PPE per hour.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby EBAH » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:10 am


Date: 10 May, 345
Time: 1130
Environment: Cool afternoon, southwest breeze
Location: About 40 miles east of Llorn


During the night

Predat makes a couple passes around the perimeter of the encampment. His search results were minimal, only seeing some signs of mostly rodents. A few plants show promise but it's too early in the season to be edible. Setting a few traps in hope of maybe catching something, before heading back. Back at camp, everyone who enters the tent is cleaned off tha ke to the efforts of Tyral. The conditions are cramped but they all find a comfortable spot to sit for the moment. The evening goes relatively quiet. A few of the creatures can be heard throughout the night. Some of them curious about the newcomers to the forest. Tyral spends most of the night focused on his wand creation, only stopping to get his required amount of sleep. Tatyana does her best to just lie there, as her larger appendages will undoubtedly disturb someone. She listens to the whispers of the forest as she falls asleep. Silhouette cozies up to the wolfen. She unleashes her magic to make a Fire glove before starts to meditate to regain her energy. Seeing that everyone else has a set plan, Predat spends most of his time keeping watch and check for ambushes.

In the morning

As the morning light creeps through cracks, the first slow starts to awaken, rousing the group in the process. They break camp and get their mounts ready for the day's travel. Afterwards, Predat makes a quick check on his snares. To everyone's disappointment he comes back empty handed. They mount up and head back to the main trail. Resuming the trek east, towards Hardens Cove. The next few hours are met by a few birds and weary traveler or two. Around midday the group comes across a wagon being drawn by two horses. A group of four males huddled around a campfire, enjoying some type of lunch. One man turns his head, chewing with his mouth open, and eyeballs the group as they approach.




What are you next course of actions?

Butcher's Bill:
Pedat:
Silhouette: 0 (-48 Fire Globe, +48 5 hrs meditation)
Tatyana: -25 PPE
Tyral:
Wand Creation
3 days = 24 hrs. 225 PPE total hours spent in creation: 6 PPE channeled:Let me know how much you want channels in and I'll adjust.
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:19 pm

OOC: Flight Wand cost should be 250 PPE overall (for accurate accounting)

Perception [74%]: 1d100 = 19
D20 JiC: : 1d20 = 17
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 5

PPE: 185/235
SDC: 43/43
HP: 54/54

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [9 Days]



Over the course of his evening Tyral alone with his thoughts, focuses and channels 80 PPE into his Wand-in-Progress (for Flight) [6/24 hrs complete, 80/250 PPE] as time seems to draw out like a blade. When his comrades drift off, the Wizard sheathes his flame-blade before turning in to sleep. In the morning he rises early, fully rested after just a few hours [30 PPE regained], and re-packs the large tent into a dimensional bag. *Glad there is no need to cook breakfast. We can be on the road shortly after sunrise, and we have no need to stop and eat for lunch, although, periodic breaks will still be good.* If the others are slow to rise, he will spend time meditating. The Elf will offer again to accommodate Tatyana should she wish to fly (either alongside or to scout), "Tat, if you would like to fly again, glad to cast upon you as well." Fly as the Eagle (L7, 25 P.P.E., 100', 200 Min, [50 MPH, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge, +2 Damage on Diving attack])

Horsemanship: General [92%]: 1d100 = 12
Astronomy & Navigation [97%]: 1d100 = 22

Throughout the morning, with the rain having let up, the Wizard will attempt to maintain a consistent pace of 6-7 mph as long as Tatyana can keep up. Brago pads smoothly alongside the group (at ~20mph or less, can maintain that for 12 hours).

Early in the ride, Tyral remarks to Silhouette and Tatyana, "This Wand is about a quarter completed, this evening I would seeks to draw some energy from each of you to put towards finishing. Otherwise it may take much longer to finish because it would be unwise for me to sink all of my own Energy out here in the wild, right?'



~~ ROADSIDE ~~

As they approach the roadside(?) camp, Tyral mentally sends Brago off the road and into the woods, *Circle off into the woods so you don't scare these off. I will call you in if I need you.* He then dusts off his most congenial grin as he pulls rein at a polite distance and looks the 4-some over for weapons, armor, and ... to see if they are all human, and to see which direction the Wagon is pointed (into or away from Llorn) [Charm/Impress: 80%: 1d100 = 4] and poses a few questions (pausing after each to get answers before the next), "Good afternoon fellows. Where are you coming from? Have you heard any word from Wisdom in your travels? You would not happen to have a bit of Brandy for trade?"

His staff rests in a stirrup as he listens to any response given and he looks at the wagon (OOC: Is this a covered wagon? Is it empty, or loaded down with trade goods?).
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Predat » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:05 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 79 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 53 1d20 = 16

Conditions: Sustain (9 days)

Pre gets up and checks the traps, Damn I was sure that was a good one. O well try again tomorrow. He cleans up camp does his best to wipe signs of them being there. As they ride on he keeps his eyes open and wary. When was the last time I visited Hadrian's Cove? It has been years. No way the wiped out the town.

As they approach the camp, Pre says, "I'm gonna hang back and check the area. As I am not usually the face random campers want to see heading towards them." Pre starts to look over the area and make sure this isn't a trap.

Track Humanoids - 1d100 = 2 / 72% (Wipe out signs of there camp, To see if anyone else is around)
Detect Ambush - 1d100 = 6 / 82% (obvious)
Detect Concealment/Traps - 1d100 = 1 / 72% (obvious)
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 161 / 161


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Silhouette » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:30 am

JIC: 1d20 = 14 1d100 = 97
Perc: 63% / 1d100 = 70

Conditions: Sustain (9 days)
Area Knowledge (PF Eastern Territory) -- 32% / 1d100 = 100(To perhaps recognize any tells that say where these 4 are from if locals of Llorn.)

Identify Plants & Fruits -- 62% / 1d100 = 78(Looking for medicinal herbs of value as they make their travels through the day. A lot of ground gets covered.)
---

Taking a moment in the morning Silhouette grabs the elf Tyral by the shoulder and squeezes as her other hand gestures at the camp,”I might get too used to such calm nights.” Grinning she stows the Fire Globe in a pouch she can cut easily to release it at her waist, before helping Tyral put the tent away if needed. Making sure Petal is given some feed and the mule’s tack replaced for the days riding Silhouette mounts the mule ready to go.

Bouncing alongside Tyral and Predat's silonar, Silhouette like the day before seems to be soaking in the forest around her as if the cool breeze was meant only for her pleasure. Contrary to many misconceptions, mules are amazing riding animals due to sheer footedness that horses lack and a stamina capable of hauling twice what most equally massed animals would need two to equal. At this moment it was lucky for Sil to have Petal to haul around the young woman's burgeoning enthusiasm for the adventure ahead as it must be quiet heavy right now. Months within Llorn’s walls had worn on her, even if she was now more equipped than ever in the past to handle such a place, there was no replacing the wondrous open sky.

Inquisitively minding the trees, plants, and flowers that they pass she occasionally will turn Petal to investigate for useful medicinal herbs.

At Pre’s words of keeping their backs watched as she interprets the matter, Silhouette dismounts from Petal and leads the mule by the halter, meanwhile giving the girl a nice scratching under the chin giving the men a recognizing node thinking to herself,”Wonderful, more humans. Middle of the day, on the trail, stopped in our way.” Skeptical the forsaken mage glances at Tyral wondering if the elf had the same distrusts at the luxurious manner the men were stopped as Silhouette says low to the elf,”Who makes a fire for lunch with so many orcs around?” Looking around at nothing in particular Silhouette tries to smile and be friendly as she lets the elf do the talking though still mumbles in complaint,”Orcs have good noses…” Catching herself she smiles again trying to look friendly. Charm: 40% /1d100 = 14
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tatyana Singh » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:58 pm

Perception: [57%] 1d100 = 26
JIC: 1d20 = 1/1d100 = 56

Conditions: Keen hearing, equal to a canine, excellent sense of smell, Horror Factor: 12, Sustain [9 Days]

The Wolfen wakes and carefully stretches. She rises with the rest and assists with breaking down the camp.

Tyral wrote:"Tat, if you would like to fly again, glad to cast upon you as well." Fly as the Eagle (L7, 25 P.P.E., 100', 200 Min, [50 MPH, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge, +2 Damage on Diving attack])


Tatyana declines the offer of the spell, choosing instead to take the offer of the saddle bags to stow her gear in. The large Undead Hunter jogs along the road putting her physical prowess to use and gain a little more exercise, something she feels she was properly unable to do in Llorn.

Tyral wrote:Tyral remarks to Silhouette and Tatyana, "This Wand is about a quarter completed, this evening I would seeks to draw some energy from each of you to put towards finishing. Otherwise it may take much longer to finish because it would be unwise for me to sink all of my own Energy out here in the wild, right?'


Still jogging along, Tat eyes the elf speciously and replies, "I can see how...that would make sense...for someone with...limited options." she adds a smile to the end to show her good natured intent.

When the group stops to rest their mounts.Tatyana dresses in her full traveling gear and excepts Tyral's offer once they move out.

Taking to the air she smiles as she feels the wind blows though her fur. A girl could get used to this. It's a great way of traveling., the Wolfen happily thinks to herself. With her vantage point, Tatyana keeps a look out into the distant in all directions. When the little camp site is spotted she follows Predat idea and flies off and up, making herself harder to see but available quickly if needed.
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 36/36
SDC: 53/53
PPE: 127/127
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: Southern United Kingdom

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:11 pm

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD wrote:Perception [74%]: Original post: 1d100 = 19
D20 JiC: : Original post: 1d20 = 17
D100 JiC: Original post: 1d100 = 5


PPE: 185/235
SDC: 43/43
HP: 54/54

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [9 Days]



Silhouette wrote:Taking a moment in the morning Silhouette grabs the elf Tyral by the shoulder and squeezes as her other hand gestures at the camp,”I might get too used to such calm nights.” Grinning she stows the Fire Globe in a pouch she can cut easily to release it at her waist, before helping Tyral put the tent away if needed. Making sure Petal is given some feed and the mule’s tack replaced for the days riding Silhouette mounts the mule ready to go.


Tyral nods at the girl (to his eye) in response, "Looking back over the decades, you remember the spikes of terror and adventure, but really appreciate the rest of a calm evening beneath the stars ... the rain was a proverbial fly in the ointment, but one can only do so much.'

Tatyana Singh wrote:Still jogging along, Tat eyes the elf speciously and replies, "I can see how...that would make sense...for someone with...limited options." she adds a smile to the end to show her good natured intent.


The rhythm of 3 hoofbeats clatters out before a chuckled response comes from the Wizard, "Right. Someone like you ... Well in the grand scheme most everyone's options are limited to some extent. But it's nice you acknowledge your limitations."

Tatyana Singh wrote:When the group stops to rest their mounts. Tatyana dresses in her full traveling gear and [ac]cepts Tyral's offer once they move out.


Tyral will again cast Fly as the Eagle on Tatyana when she offers up her own [25 PPE] energy.

Silhouette wrote:Skeptical the forsaken mage glances at Tyral wondering if the elf had the same distrusts at the luxurious manner the men were stopped as Silhouette says low to the elf,”Who makes a fire for lunch with so many orcs around?” Looking around at nothing in particular Silhouette tries to smile and be friendly as she lets the elf do the talking though still mumbles in complaint,”Orcs have good noses…”


Provided they are far enough away not to be overheard (100+ ft), Tyral responds, "Sometimes travellers are oblivious. Human senses are not as sharp, so many humans fail to consider that others can scent them on the very wind. In fact Brago has referred to us as Nose-blind. He truly did not appreciate going into the Sewer for that Banker given that he can scent his prey from a mile or so off ... Or these may have a Summoner among them like our old friend Vortigern. Could be a pair of angry looking Gargoyles in the shadows off standing guard and eating raw-orc-leftovers."
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby EBAH » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:07 am


Date: 10 May, 345
Time: 1132
Environment: Cool afternoon, southwest breeze
Location: About 40 miles east of Llorn



Lunch Break

Predat and Tatyana both concur that discretion is the better part of valor and elect to remain in the background. In the meantime, Silhouette and Tyral approach the men and wagon. At first glance the wagon seems to a simple one. A heavy canvas tarp covering it's load, is securely tied down. The men's attire are plain, nothing fancy or ornate. If one were to guess, they would appear to be simple woodsman or farmers. As Tytal tries to examine them in further detail. None of seems to be armed except for some of the slender men. He has what appears to be a long sword, sheathed to his waist. Tyral also hatches glimpses of something shiny, peaking from underneath their shirts. Whether it's a piece of armor nor jewelry, he's not quite sure. The armed man turns and faces Tyral as speaks up.

Tyral wrote:Good afternoon fellows. Where are you coming from?"


"Aye, same ta' ya, travelers. We came from Neven." The man responds and he stands.

Tyral wrote:"Have you heard any word from Wisdom in your travels?"


"Aye, but it not be much. Just a but of increase in orc activity."

Tyral wrote:"You would not happen to have a bit of Brandy for trade?"


The man's face lights up and smile widens. "Aye, Brandy we have, though I must confess I fear it's not near the best in the land but it sure does keep ya' warm at night." than man pauses for a moment just staring at both Silhouette and Tyral. Blinking he puts his hands on his hips. "So, the both of ya' don't look like ya' got too much in ways of goods to trade. What did ya have in mind? Oh sorry, where are my manners." He attempts to wipe his hands off on his pan legs before he wipes his mouth with his forearm. "The names Gapper and these here men are my brothers. Come, I'll give ya' a sample of our brandy." Gapper waves them to follow as heads to the back of the wagon. He grabs a corner of the canvas and flings it back. Revealing at least one barrel underneath it. Picking up a long handled ladle and pours a small amount from a spicket near the bottom of the barrel. Gapper turns and lifts the ladell up. "Ya' both can try. This ones free. Come, come."

Silhouette tries to discreetly speak to Tyral. As she does, one of the other men stops eating. Juices dripping from his mouth, as he swallows. "Orcs don't concern us little lady. We can take care of ourselves." The man bends down and picks up a leather water skin and takes a drink from it. "What brings you two out yonder?" A blank scowl comes across his face.





What are you next course of actions?

Butcher's Bill:
Pedat:
Silhouette: 0 (-48 Fire Globe, +48 5 hrs meditation)
Tatyana: -25 PPE
Tyral:-80 PPE
Wand Creation
3 days = 24 hrs. 250 PPE total hours spent in creation: 6 PPE channeled: 80
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:15 pm

Perception [74%]: 1d100 = 50
D20 JiC: : 1d20 = 20
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 96

PPE: 185/235
SDC: 43/43
HP: 54/54

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [9 Days]

The Wizard offers a friendly, is somewhat surprised, smile to the roadside travellers, *I quite honestly had no expectation they would have had any actual Brandy. I had mostly expected to use the topic to show that we are not hostile. Now I guess we are drinking before lunchtime ...
and 'Orcs don't concern us'?, is that just Bravado in front of a pretty girl, foolishness, or do they know something we do not?? ...'*
Nonchalantly the Elf guides Esper (his horse) over to Gapper skillfully [Horsemanship: General [92%]: 1d100 = 50] to accept the proffered ladle [Charm/Impress: [80%]: 1d100 = 44], "Much obliged friend. Out by Llorn there have been serious shortages of every sort of food, allegedly because of Orcs. Although I haven't seen any on the road since leaving town, we ran into a group who were ambushed in the night. The Brotherhood of Magic is sending a few of us out to hunt things that might be interrupting supplies getting through. Folks are finding it tough in the Sprawl and the Market Districts, and the Brotherhood means to keep the routes open. If some fools think to blockade the Red Brigade, well this is not the Old Kingdom, or Timiro. Bandits and brigands will find themselves facing down a charge of heavy-horsemen, or trying to fend off lightning from the sky."

*Might as well suggest a bit of legitimacy and authority. If they know something more they may volunteer if it helps their own interest. Neven, have not heard of it, so it's no large City. With outlying villages and out posts like that ... when Llorn sneezes, the Dominion of Man gets a cold.*

Tyral lifts the ladle to his lips to take a (very) small sip before handing it to Silhouette. Depending on the quality he continues (accurately), "Well [there is nothing wrong with that Sir / that is not bad at all Sir / that is unique it reminds me of one that I tried in the Western Empire maybe 80 years back] ... As for trade, if your horse team can spare the weight, I can load you with another 100lbs of grain for a couple bottles." The Wizard bought a few large empty sacks before leaving town and figures to use [2x] Summon Grains (L1, 4 P.P.E., 10', R19, p.29, previously GM ruled as 60lbs per cast) if the travelers wish to trade, otherwise he can and would easily pay 40 Gold for a couple bottles to have in camp tonight.

The Elf will remain conversational and is glad to give warning about anything they passed en route out from the City (although much of it will just be complaining about how damnable muddy and uncomfortable the process is) and he will try to cycle in a few more questions when appropriate, "How long since you left Neven? Any word from Hadrian's Cove or Kaash?" He takes quick count of how many horses Gapper and his brothers have along (2? 4? all hitched to the Wagon, or some to ride as escort?), and their condition (healthy & strong? gaunt, skittish &/or malnourished?

Horsemanship: General 92: 1d100 = 13 (look over their mounts)

As he does this he ponders, *I wonder how Predat is doing and if he found anything or is going to meet us on the far side with a bloody axe and a story about how he saved us all from two dozen beastlies. Or maybe Tatyana will be able to give some locations for Orc camps visible from a Ravens-eye-view ...*



Brago

Brago circles around the camp, around 300ft out. He finds, whatever he finds, and will alert Tyral if there appears cause for alarm.

vs. Horror Factor [+9]: 1d20+9 = 24
Track by Smell [90%]: 1d100 = 17
Prowl [60%]: 1d100 = 17
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Silhouette » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:43 am

JIC: 1d20 = 121d100 = 43
Perc: 63% /1d100 = 61

Find Contraband -- 28% / 1d100 = 44(Eyeballing the carts contents as visible for other than brandy.)
Area Knowledge (PF Eastern Territory) -- 32% / 1d100 = 68 (Do they look like they are from Nevan)

Tyral wrote:Tyral nods at the girl (to his eye) in response, "Looking back over the decades, you remember the spikes of terror and adventure, but really appreciate the rest of a calm evening beneath the stars ... the rain was a proverbial fly in the ointment, but one can only do so much.”


Nodding knowingly Silhouette then shrugs,”You can always work around the fly.” Not that she was doing so great doing the same as they approach the men. The cool afternoon’s breeze tussling Silhouette’s short black hair as she leads her mule onward, petting the bridge of Petal’s nose soothingly for herself as much as the pack animal’s own.

Tyral wrote:Provided they are far enough away not to be overheard (100+ ft), Tyral responds, "Sometimes travellers are oblivious. Human senses are not as sharp, so many humans fail to consider that others can scent them on the very wind. In fact Brago has referred to us as Nose-blind. He truly did not appreciate going into the Sewer for that Banker given that he can scent his prey from a mile or so off ... Or these may have a Summoner among them like our old friend Vortigern. Could be a pair of angry looking Gargoyles in the shadows off standing guard and eating raw-orc-leftovers."


Smiling wryly Silhouette says to herself,”The damp of rain has ruined a wonderful outing he says.”Holding up a finger as to count as she he holds up a second,”Strange creatures can be waiting with slavering jaws he says.” Giving the elf a narrow set of eyes she mimics the elf throwing his previous words back at him accusatory,”Friend’s with the fly in the ointment, are we?” Turning her attention to the men Silhouette puts her hands behind her back, fingers scratching at the pommels of weapon’s nervously more than out of readiness.

Man wrote:Orcs don't concern us little lady. We can take care of ourselves." The man bends down and picks up a leather water skin and takes a drink from it. "What brings you two out yonder?" A blank scowl comes across his face.


Shaking her head no in offer of the brandy Silhouette talks past the man speaking to Silhouette directly as she asks the brandy offering man,”Taking the last of Neven’s brandy to Llorn? I hear farming for grain has suffered out there as much as anywhere with these orcs about.” Looking around she purses her lips,"Quite the risk just for brandy, considering the Gnomish Whiskey Guild owns selling rights." Eyeing the man she wonders to herself,"Intending to sell to the black market?"

Turning her head to regard the man who is unafraid of orcs as she nods at the wagon,”One burning arrow and you will.” Shrugging Silhouette speaks to Tyral,”Since four of your strongest friends came limping back to Llorn after fighting orcs we should leave these few to their confidence.” Subtle as it was for slights against these men she did not trust them, let alone any group of humans as she thinks,”I don’t want to be fighting on their behalf for the pay of brandy. Saying to the elf,"If you need brandy, I have a bottle in my bag.” Smiling thinly at the first man she adds,”Considering we don’t look like we have much in trade, right?”
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:29 am

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD wrote:Perception [74%]: Original post: 1d100 = 50
D20 JiC: : Original post: 1d20 = 20
D100 JiC: Original post: 1d100 = 96


PPE: 185/235
SDC: 43/43
HP: 54/54

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [9 Days]

================================================

Silhouette wrote:Giving the elf a narrow set of eyes she mimics the elf throwing his previous words back at him accusatory,”Friend’s with the fly in the ointment, are we?” Turning her attention to the men Silhouette puts her hands behind her back, fingers scratching at the pommels of weapon’s nervously more than out of readiness.


Tyral suppresses the desire to roll his eyes and offers a somewhat blasé shrug given that there does not appear to be a manner of gracefully responding.

Silhouette wrote:Shaking her head no in offer of the brandy Silhouette talks past the man speaking to Silhouette directly as she asks the brandy offering man,”Taking the last of Neven’s brandy to Llorn? I hear farming for grain has suffered out there as much as anywhere with these orcs about.” Looking around she purses her lips,"Quite the risk just for brandy, considering the Gnomish Whiskey Guild owns selling rights.".


Tyral returns the ladle to its originator, *Girl?!?! Seriously the man heads to trade. The Whiskey Guild had a charter to sell whiskey, not a overall wide-open claim to all liquor and spirits served in the East. Why accuse the man of doing something wrong?* Hoping to avoid hostility with the men and see what information they can acquire, "I believe you are mistaken about the Gnomes, they care not for Brandy."

Silhouette wrote:”Since four of your strongest friends came limping back to Llorn after fighting orcs we should leave these few to their confidence.” Subtle as it was for slights against these men she did not trust them, let alone any group of humans as she thinks,”I don’t want to be fighting on their behalf for the pay of brandy. Saying to the elf,"If you need brandy, I have a bottle in my bag.” Smiling thinly at the first man she adds,”Considering we don’t look like we have much in trade, right?”


*Four of My strongest friends? As though she had not taken the little gnome Jakkin to bed for weeks. Who else went? Thorgrimm, Trask, and the two canines, Tatyana and Fox ... I should hardly have termed those my strongest friends. Not a man of magical learning among them.* The Wizard looks back to the trader at the end of the wagon and does not bother to hide an eye-roll, "It is the age I think. They are all like that for a good decade, so proud of living through childhood ... Myself that was some 80 years ago, so maybe I just do not have the same 'wisdom of youth' ehh?"
Last edited by Tyral on Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tatyana Singh » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:59 pm

Perception: [57%] 1d100 = 92
JIC: 1d20 = 17/1d100 = 71

Conditions: Keen hearing, equal to a canine, excellent sense of smell, Horror Factor: 12, Sustain [9 Days]

The flying Wolfen, using knowledge gained from combating flying monsters, does her best to keep herself in-between the group on the ground and the sun to hide herself. Tatyana does not ignore the surrounding terrain and looks for evidence of large group movement (Intelligence: [62%] 1d100 = 19) close by or any sign (Camouflage: 62% 1d100 = 41) of additional beings then the ones at the wagon.
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 36/36
SDC: 53/53
PPE: 127/127
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: Southern United Kingdom

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Predat » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:06 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 46 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 90 1d20 = 6

Conditions: Sustain (9 days)

Pre continues to check the area, while trying to keep an eye on the two casters. Pre keeps his hood up to cover his face. He also looks for threats away from the camp. So orcs are supposed to be causing all these problems, but i’ve seen no sign as of yet. . He speaks to Tat, “Hey Tat, have you seen anything yet?” Assuming in the receives a negative response, “You know in the wars and skirmishes between the Eastern territory and your peoples’ legions, i’ve Killed many Wolfen, but I always respected your kinds’ courage and commitment to duty. Honestly if it wasn’t for the Red Brigade, the Wolfen would probably be running this territory? Why are you here anyway? Now Helping to protect this territory.”

Track Humanoids - 1d100 = 21 / 72% (looking for orcsign, or anyone that has been watching this camp)
Detect Ambush - 1d100 = 74 / 82% (obvious)
Detect Concealment/Traps - 1d100 = 61 / 72% (obvious)
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 161 / 161


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby EBAH » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:54 pm


Date: 10 May, 345
Time: 1135
Environment: Cool afternoon, southwest breeze
Location: About 40 miles east of Llorn


Tyral

Tyral guides Esper to the back of the wagon. He kindly takes the offered ladle from Gapper with a smile. "Much obliged friend. Out by Llorn there have been serious shortages of every sort of food, allegedly because of Orcs. Although I haven't seen any on the road since leaving town, we ran into a group who were ambushed in the night. The Brotherhood of Magic is sending a few of us out to hunt things that might be interrupting supplies getting through. Folks are finding it tough in the Sprawl and the Market Districts, and the Brotherhood means to keep the routes open. If some fools think to blockade the Red Brigade, well this is not the Old Kingdom, or Timiro. Bandits and brigands will find themselves facing down a charge of heavy-horsemen, or trying to fend off lightning from the sky." Tyral speaks up before he takes a sip. The brandy warms his throat and stomach as it slowly works it way towards his feet. It smooth and has a sweet citrus after tone. "Well, that is not bad at all sir. As for trade, if your horse team can spare the weight, I can load you with another 100lbs of grain for a couple bottles."

Gapper returns the smile when Tyral finishes with his sample. He replaces the ladle before facing Tyral again. His face shown a bit of concern. [B]"We've heard about the recent orcish excursions and are aware of the fodder shortage throughout the area. Luckily fate has smiled upon us so far. I'm sure between the Red Brigade and the Brotherhood, they both will have this resolved in no time."
Gappers facial expressions turn from concern to confusion. He looks over the two newcomers once more. This time taking a bit longer to evaluate them. Some excitement can be heard in his voice. "Ah, I see now. You perform feats of magic. Is that correct? Gapper pauses for a brief moment, as if pondering something. "Um, well we don't really use groans for our brandy but if the shortage is as bad as you say it is than food stuff should fetch us a fair price. I'm pretty sure our horses can handle the extra weight. Since you seem like a decent fellow, how about 4 bottles for the grain?" Gapper waits for Tyral to respond. If the terms are acceptable, than Gapper will exchange four bottle of brandy for one hundred pounds of grain. After the exchange or if more haggling is needed, Gappers picks his head up as Tyral asks a couple of more questions. "How long since you left Neven? Any word from Hadrian's Cove or Kaash?"

"It's been a few days since we left Neven. Hadrian's Cove or Kaash?! Now let's see." Gapper thumbs his chin with the rest of his fingers underneath supporting it as he looks up at the sky. Taking a long pause as if he is trying to solve a puzzle or something. " Hmmmm. I have only heard rumors. Nothing verifiable but I have heard that things went dry up at Hadrin's Cove. No one's had a message from them in some time now. At least that's what people are saying. As for Kaash, I can't say I have heard anything about them. Just business as usual." Gapper pulls back down the canvas tarp. He smooths over the tarp back to resemble the look before Tyra and Silhouette arrived.

OOC Comments
*Note*:2 work horses are hooked to the wagon while 2 horses (resembles a quarter or paint) are just lashed to the yolk. Tyral notices all hires are strong, fit and healthy. Brago finds nothing out of the ordinary.


Silhouette

Sitting atop Petal with her hands behind her back, Silhouette declines the offer of to sample the brandy. Ignoring the man with the waterskin, she turns her attention to Gapper. "Taking the last of Neven’s brandy to Llorn? I hear farming for grain has suffered out there as much as anywhere with these orcs about. Quite the risk just for brandy, considering the Gnomish Whiskey Guild owns selling rights." The man with the waterskin takes a stick and pokes at the fire. "Pst. Neven's brandy?! That's laughable. Nah this is our brandy. Than you very much. And again no we not going to Llorn. Gnomish Whisk Guild does own rights but that for whiskey not brandy. Would a fishmonger be worried about a butcher or farmer? They're all food. Same thing applies here." A harsh tone can be heard in his voice. His eyes are narrow and pierce like daggers. His lip almost curling.

"I believe you are mistaken about the Gnomes, they care not for Brandy." Tyral adds trying to help smooth over the situation. The man tries for a half smile. "I like your elf friend. You." He points at Silhouette. "You, not so much. A word of advice, not be so toffee nosed when talking with people, especially strangers."

OOC Comments
Silhouette can't tell where they originate from their clothes.



Date: 10 May, 345
Time: 1145
Environment: Cool afternoon, southwest breeze
Location: About 40 miles east of Llorn


Predat and Tatyana

Predat and Tatyana, both take a look around the surrounding area but also keeping their distance away from the camp. They start moving away from the main road. After about one hundred feet, they come to a small clearing of underbrush. Each of them start notice something odd about the clearing. Though each of them find something different. Predat notices several sets of tracks. A heel there, a toe there but wherever her looks, he can't seem to find an entire set of footprints. Between the weather and the wild game, trying to distinguish what type of prints or even how long but from his best guess he would say that they have been there for about two weeks. The prints eventually disappear in a northwestern direction. Tatyana seems to notice signs of an old camp fire. Upon further searching, she able to make out a few tent peg holes, encompassing the fire. The campsite looks like it's been there a couple of weeks. To her best guess she would say there's anywhere up to about a dozen tents. From her vantage point she can make out the encampment make a half circle around the fire, on the western side with the opening on the east.




What are you next course of actions?

Butcher's Bill:
Pedat:
Silhouette: 0 (-48 Fire Globe, +48 5 hrs meditation)
Tatyana: -25 PPE
Tyral:-88 PPE
Wand Creation
3 days = 24 hrs. 225 PPE total hours spent in creation: 6 PPE channeled: 80
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:36 pm

Perception [74%]: 1d100 = 78
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 10
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 81

PPE: 185/235
SDC: 43/43
HP: 54/54

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [9 Days]

==~==~==~==~==~==~==~==~==~==~==~==

Tyral concludes the trade [120 lbs of Grain for 4 Bottles of Brandy] as he chats with Gapper, Dry at Hadrian's Cove??? That sounds odd, the lake there is supposed to be deep as seven-sins. My Brother took me fishing up there once when I was not even that Girl's age ... Any idea how a full-on lake went dry? ... That sort of thing would normally bring a Magic Pigeon (common communication spell), or an elemental, or hell just a rider to bring word. That would shut down the entirety of the Canal, and it's not like 30,000 people are going to sit there quietly and wait. That sounds like something the Brotherhood should look into ... When did that rumor float your way if you do not mind my asking?"

Once he gets answers (whatever the fellow knows), Tyral thanks the man politely and bids the 4-some 'farewell and safe-travels' as the Wizard (and Silhouette) head back up the road towards Hadrian's Cove.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Predat » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:17 am

Perception: 1d100 = 82 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 49 1d20 = 15

Conditions: Sustain (9 days)

Pre continues to check the area, while speaking to Tat, "Hey Tat, I found some tracks leading off to the northwest, but they are at least two weeks old." Pre keeps up the search, but if they find nothing new he will start to head back towards the camp. We need to get on the move, maybe Tyral and Sil found out something useful? It seems that there haven't been a lot of orcs this way. Wonder if we are on a fools errand. Who knows, but the Captain usually has pretty good intel.

Land Navigation - 1d100 = 64 / 75% (What is off to the Northwest?)
Track Humanoids - 1d100 = 56 / 72% (looking for orcsign, or anyone that has been watching this camp)
Detect Ambush - 1d100 = 53 / 82% (obvious)
Detect Concealment/Traps - 1d100 = 93 / 72% (obvious)
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 161 / 161


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Silhouette » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:41 am

JIC: 1d100 = 151d20 = 15
Perc: 63% / 1d100 = 16

Blinking as her head reals back Silhouette’s face bunches into a quizzical expression as she brings a hand forward to brush at her nose instinctively saying,”I didn’t have any toffee this morning.” Looking at the Wizard Tyral she asks,”How does he know I have toffee in my bag?!” Looking at the back of Petal’s head a moment she her eyes rise to look back at the man a long moment before as she mouths questioning as she knows she is missing something,”Toffee nosed?”

Tyral wrote:It is the age I think. They are all like that for a good decade, so proud of living through childhood ... Myself that was some 80 years ago, so maybe I just do not have the same 'wisdom of youth' ehh?"

At Tyrals words Silhouette shakes her head dismissively as she gestures down the road answering with a sniff,”This “child” says we have said enough words to count ourselves friendly enough, even trading among yourselves…” Both hands resting on Petal’s neck petting down her mane Silhouette continues impatiently seeming to take the child remark for her manner worse as she goes on,”Wisdom is to listen to what I first said.” Setting Petal into a walking circle she reiterates,”Their campfire is orc-bait.”

Waving behind herself she emphatically gestures to communicate that they should depart to Pre and Tatyana as she adds to the man with the waterskin,”We will be going now from here hard, before my toffee nose melts off from your silly cook fire, and you should be off too with haste. Selling to Llorn or no, it is a day from here. Lifting her nose even from her saddle Silhouette states,”Ask about orcs and find out how lucky other traders have been just this far out.” Leaning down she finishes with a mischievous grin,"You can use that grain to fatten your horses up for profit too." Leaving the last unexplained she thinks to herself,"Utter fools, to be traveling out here for brandy claiming the Cove to be dried up as well. Big great sign that something is wrong, maybe we shouldn't? What demon's luck got them here... "

(Sil is ready to go.)
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby EBAH » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:17 am


Date: 11 May, 345
Time: 11
Environment: Cool afternoon, southwest breeze
Location: About 1 mile west of Neven


Back to the grind

A few more pleasantries are exchanged, as Silhouette and Tyral start to make their departure. "Ya' see, that's why I usually don't put much stock into rumors. They just be that, rumors. With so many people displaced, I am surprised, though, that there hasn't been any official word or any hard facts." Gapper and his men finish their meal and start to begin to break camp. They don't seem to be in a hurry. The changeling and elf bid the men a farewell and turn their horses back to their task at hand.

Predat and Tatyana search the area a but long. Their diligent search ending with nothing further gained. Predat racks his brain trying to figure out what's to the northwest. The only thing is wilderness and water. The next search is of the surrounding area of the camp. That also comes up short with information. Realizing that they're not going to get anything further, the duo make their way back. They give the wagon and four men a wide berth, as they meet back up with Silhouette and Tyral. Not wanting to draw anymore attention then needed.

Once the four have been reunited, they resume their journey back to Hadrian's Cove. The following afternoon yields a calm and peaceful ride, or walk. They make camp for the night. Taking turns at being on nightwatch, so the others can rest. A few small critters wander into camp. Other than that, the evening mirrors the afternoon.

The following day

The morning brings about a bit of chaos. The group has decided to make their camp around the same place a murder of crows had bested for the night, as well. The insencent cackling was almost deafening. Emanating from every direction. The noise almost driving one's self mad. The four couldn't pack up and get moving fast enough. Their pace quickly makes some distance between them and the damn crows. Only easing their pace once the sound of the birds can no longer be heard. Since leaving the four men and the wagon, the group has not seen anyone else. After a few hours into their day, they can see the signs of small city ahead of them.

OOC Comments
Let me know how you want to divide the night (meditation, eating, watch, personal hobbies, ect.). 10 hours total.




What are you next course of actions?

Butcher's Bill: (as of last post)
Pedat:
Silhouette: 0 (-48 Fire Globe, +48 5 hrs meditation)
Tatyana: -25 PPE
Tyral:-88 PPE
Wand Creation
3 days = 24 hrs. 225 PPE total hours spent in creation: 6 PPE channeled: 80
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:26 pm

Perception [74%]: 1d100 = 73
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 12
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 96

PPE: 185/235
SDC: 43/43
HP: 54/54

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [8 Days]

==~==~==~==~==~==~==~==~==~==~==~==

Day 10:

Tyral slips the bottles of brandy into his dimensional bag with a bemused grin, thankful that even if he dropped the bag, the bottles are now in some other dimension and would not shatter upon impact with the ground. He turns his mount Esper up the road to join with Predat's ill-tempered beast and Tatyana. The Wizard greets the others with a nod upon meeting, "They knew nothing of significance. Had not seen any Orcs and could not offer anything beyond the most vague statement that they had heard Veil Lake at Hadrian's Cove had run dry. The whole thing seems like rubbish. 30,000 people in Hadrian's Cove, including Wizards, Warlocks, all sorts of things ... Am I wrong? If the Lake had drained there would be no water in the Grand Canal, so the whole thing seems like a Dwarven boasting his height to a Jotan."

The Wizard draws a length of rope from his pack and begins to fashion a long (15ft) lead, "Tor, would you mind tying on a lead so Esper keeps pace? I need to try and meditate as we move. I keep having to sink my reserves into the multi-day process ... "

If Predat consents (or Sil volunteers to let Petal be the lead-horse), Tyral will meditate [+50 PPE] as he rides allowing Esper to keep pace for the next 5 hours.

When they make camp for the evening, Tyral will create a Circle of Concealment [-15 PPE, 10 hours], hand off a bottle of brandy to Predat and have Brago handle the first shift of 'watch' walking the perimeter periodically nose in the air as he begins working on the Wand in progress ... he inquires of Silhouette and Tatyana who had previously claimed they would help, "Whatever energy you wish to contribute to the Wand-making, by all means move feel free. You can recoup your own stores with meditation and sleep. This would work out to 3 of us being able to meditate and recoup rather than me, doing it all on my own."

"Evening Regimen"
[*] 8 hours configuring Wand of Flight
[*] Channel 20 PPE into Wand of Flight
[*] 2 hours Meditation [+20 PPE]


Day 11: The Wizard rises with the dawn after about 3 hours of sleep [+15 PPE] (luxuriating as he really only needs 2).

After camp is packed up the Wizard mounts up while strongly considering a Cloud of Slumber up in the trees that would be followed swiftly by Brago killing enough sleeping birds to stuff a large pillow with feathers out if vengeful spite, "Tat, if you would like to fly again, glad to cast upon you as well." Fly as the Eagle (L7, 25 P.P.E., 100', 200 Min, [50 MPH, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge, +2 Damage on Diving attack])

Tyral will try to determine the rough distance from their current location to Hadrian's Cove, and from their current location to Llorn [Astronomy & Navigation 97%:1d100 = 49 -- Determine overall trip in Miles, and how far to go?] to gauge an estimate of miles to cover from here], then (again) seek to meditate as they ride on [+40 PPE].

A mile from Neven he breaks his reverie, "Should we even bother going into town? Or should we just see if they have a room sized enough for Tat? Since apparently away from Llorn the locals are not feeling the pinch, maybe there are a couple horses that could be purchased? Or perhaps a 2nd Tent?"

If the others wish to go to Neven, Tyral will not object because the chance to question locals about Orc movements and attacks may be useful. Then again, since no one that have seen has had any sort of information on a massive horde of Orcs capable of isolating a city of over 200,000 (Llorn) from trade he has little expectation it would be useful.


OOC: Tyral would be @ full PPE by my reckoning. This would also place Wand Creation as: "14/24 hrs Completed. 100/250 PPE Channeled."
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Predat » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:59 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 95 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 63 1d20 = 14

Conditions: Sustain (8 days)

Pre listens to the elf, "Yea, sounds like those guys were a little touched. We didn't find anything useful. just a few old tracks heading off to the wilderness." Nothing useful yet. Hoping an orc invasion would be a bit more clumsy. Pre nods to Tyral, "Sure." he takes the rope and ties to his saddle. He keeps his eyes open for trouble while traveling.

At the camp he just gets sleep and patrols the grounds for tracks and orc sign. In the morning he touches his bow, "Anyone for Crow stew?" But instead they head away at a brisk pace, well that was strange. As they approach the town Pre racks his brain for the name of the town and anything he may know about it as he has traveled these roads for many years, being is the Red Brigade for over 20 years. He nods to Tyral, "Yes, we should head in and see if they have any intel. Maybe they will have a horse big enough for Tat."

Land Navigation - 1d100 = 57 / 75% (Town?)
Track Humanoids - 1d100 = 87 / 72% (looking for orcsign)
Detect Ambush - 1d100 = 29 / 82% (obvious)
Detect Concealment/Traps - 1d100 = 20 / 72% (obvious)
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 161 / 161


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Silhouette » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:09 am

JIC 1d100 = 911d20 = 14
Perc: 63% / 1d100 = 97

Conditions: Sixth Sense; Sustain: 8 days

Summary 10 hours:
100 PPE given for Tyral’s effort at the wand’s creation.
10 Hours meditating to recover that.

Birds. For hours. Cawing for hours. It was all Silhouette could do from taking out the fire magic she had previously made and chucking it up into the trees thinking,"That would show them! After half the night passes her irritation at the incessant noise transforms into curiosity. “Why?” Her head in her hand cross-legged she peers up into the trees around wondering that question,”Why?”

Thinking about it she wonders,”Are they sensing something supernatural? Animals were prone to acting strangely around other-worldly creatures after all, but…” Sighing to herself Silhouette slaps her thighs clearing her mind realizing she didn’t know much about birds and how they act. As long as they don’t poop on me…

Glaring up at the trees her eyes flash as she whispers a threat,”I can light you all on fire…”

Tyral wrote:"Whatever energy you wish to contribute to the Wand-making, by all means move feel free. You can recoup your own stores with meditation and sleep. This would work out to 3 of us being able to meditate and recoup rather than me, doing it all on my own."


Feeling ambivalent considering how much effort the elf has been putting into the wand’s creation Silhouette sits next to Tyral while taking the Wizard’s hand saying lightly,”Shhh, just let it happen.” Giving the elf a playful wink, she focuses her attentions on imparting the energy on behalf of Tyral’s workmanship.

---
On the road:

Tyral wrote:"Should we even bother going into town? Or should we just see if they have a room sized enough for Tat? Since apparently away from Llorn the locals are not feeling the pinch, maybe there are a couple horses that could be purchased? Or perhaps a 2nd Tent?"


Once away from the crows and seeing the city ahead Silhouette asks in retort,”What is the point in going there after those fools we met…” Snorting she bites back a diatribe finding it difficult to stay on the point even so as she says,”If we want misinformation we can go back to your friends.” Patting her saddle bags Silhouette adds,”I have a less fancy tent here.” Smiling she congratulates herself for not saying something about elven sensibilities being insulted at such crude accommodations before continuing,”And as I was saying, if we stop and chat with every passerby and stay at every hovel we see…”

Sucking her teeth Silhouette felt like arguing, anything at all after the crow-apocalypse left her on edge as she asks a discerning question,”Fine. WHO do you think we can ask there that will give us our answers so that we can be quickly on our way?”
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:22 pm

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD

Tyral wrote:"Should we even bother going into town? Or should we just see if they have a room sized enough for Tat? Since apparently away from Llorn the locals are not feeling the pinch, maybe there are a couple horses that could be purchased? Or perhaps a 2nd Tent?"


Silhouette wrote:”If we want misinformation we can go back to your friends.” Patting her saddle bags Silhouette adds,”I have a less fancy tent here.” Smiling she congratulates herself for not saying something about Elven sensibilities being insulted at such crude accommodations before continuing,”And as I was saying, if we stop and chat with every passerby and stay at every hovel we see…” ”Fine. WHO do you think we can ask there that will give us our answers so that we can be quickly on our way?”


Tyral shrugs nonplussed at the petulant teen, "Frankly I already stated doubt that we would get much information. But if we are inclined to try Neven then with or without any additional information, as Predat pointed out, we can still look for a Mount for Tatyana so that she doesn't have to run or fly the whole ways, she may appreciate that ... And frankly if you have had a 2nd tent this whole time, why have you not been setting it up??"

OOC: Tyral has over 100 years of (apparent) age on Sil. Competent as she may be in certain situations, he's likely always going to view her as a kid.

*Why force everyone to squeeze into a tent sized for 4 humans when there is a 2nd tent? Belimar's beard girl!? ... Were you just too lazy to set it up and take it down? With the Fire-blade we can heat the 2nd Tent with extreme ease. No firewood, no tending it ... just stick the thing in a hole in the ground inside the tent and it can't even be seen from outside the Circle of Concealment.*

He glances over briefly at Predat, "If preferred, I could send myself ahead Astrally like with the Sewers, and check for signs of Orcish attacks."
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby EBAH » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:29 pm


Date: 11 May, 345
Time: 1110
Environment: Cool afternoon, southwest breeze with gusts
Location: About a half mile west of Neven


The group pauses for a moment on the road. Three of them up top their steeds while the odd one out, is still able to look at the rest at eye level. The three on steeds banter back and forth for a bit. At one point, Tyral even scolds Silhouette. Their conversation is a brief one at best. In almost uniform decision, they resume their trek back towards Neven.

After a short bit, the trees seems to thicken and the underbrush is more prevalent. The shade almost makes it feel chilly. The road narrows as it makes a tight bend to the right. Predat is able to notice that this would be a nice spot for an ambush. The forest funneling them towards a blind curve. That and a funny feeling like their being watched, makes the hair on the back of his neck stand up. That is, if he had any. The breeze picks up a little. A few extra clouds roll in, casting and extra shadow here and there. Everyone's steed starts to become jittery and unsettled.




What are you next course of actions?

Butcher's Bill:
Pedat:
Silhouette:
Tatyana:
Tyral:
Wand Creation
3 days = 24 hrs. 225 PPE total hours spent in creation: 15 PPE channeled: 100
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:46 pm

OOC: Per GM in Hangouts, "You have traveled about 100. You have about 50 to Hadrian's Cove. As the crow flys."

Perception [74%]: 1d100 = 53
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 5
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 86

PPE: 235/235
SDC: 43/43
HP: 54/54

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [8 Days]

==~==~==~==~==~==~==~==~==~==~==~==
Everyone's steed starts to become jittery and unsettled.


Tyral sets a settling hand on Esper to calm her [Horsemanship: General 92/77%: 1d100 = 56], *Brago, head in up ahead of us, and see if you find anything.*

The Wizard then draws his lead back from Tor, "Horses are getting spooked, I am sending Brago in to look things over."

*** If Predat gives voice to specific concerns about an ambush, Tyral will cast Armor of Ithan [-10 PPE, 10.00 Min, 200 SDC] on himself and mentally direct Brago to do the same (his Collar can summon Armor of Ithan with 140 SDC) (as a precaution).


==~==~==~==~==~==~==~==~==~==~==~==

Perception [40%]: 1d100 = 10
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 16
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 57

Conditions: HF 8, Nightvision: 40', Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral (600'), Enhanced Healing, Impervious to Natural Fire, Track by Smell 90%, Prowl 60%, Sustain [8 Days]

Brago sniffs casually and heads off away from the others into the woods along the road to quietly search for danger (Track by Smell 90%: 1d100 = 76, Prowl 60%: 1d100 = 12 ). If he finds anything, the Wolf will mentally send the images to Tyral.


OOC: With Sil's contribution here, Wand Creation should be: 14/24 hrs Completed. 200/250 PPE Channeled.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Predat » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:53 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 19 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 100 1d20 = 14

Conditions: Sustain (8 days)

Pre again listens to the elf while he closes the visor of his helmet, "Yea, this is a good spot for an ambush, so have the wolf be careful." Pre steps off of Hey Stupid, holds the reins in one hand, and pulls his dagger with the other. What is going on here? Something seems off. Pre looks around a bit seeing if he can find any sign.

Track Humanoids - 1d100 = 15 / 72% (looking for orcsign or other)
Detect Concealment/Traps - 1d100 = 38 / 72% (obvious)
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 161 / 161


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Silhouette » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:43 am

JIC: 1d100 = 941d20 = 1
Perc: 63% / 1d100 = 77

Listening and Awareness -- 34% / 1d100 = 18 (For any oddities in the sound since they've been traveling)

Astronomy & Navigation -- 37% / 1d100 = 51 (To recall where the leyline is)
Lore: Geomancy & Ley Lines -- 37% / 1d100 = 77 (Recalling anything useful about leylines)
Area Knowledge (PF Eastern Territory) -- 32% / 1d100 = 79 (Recalling details about Nevan's major landmarks)
Conditions: Sixth Sense; Sustain: 8 days

The edges of her mouth turning up in a self-knowing smile Silhouette gives a wry glance to her companions giving on-edge warnings. Shaking her head she teases the elf a bit as she asks,”Oh wise and gray haired Wizard, with your old nose hairs peaking from your nose, do you not remember that arse Elias’ maps?” Peering up to the edge of the sky the Forsaken Mage nods with her chin answering herself simply,”Leylines.”

Thinking to herself she realizes,”Now I know why there were so many crows. Probably just resting outside the area that disturbs them, but not far enough to avoid agitation all night…” Yawning at the recollection even besides Tyral’s Sustainment magic keeping her rested, body still not adjusted asked for more sleep as she wonders,”That or riding all day is just exhausting…”

Giving a great shrug the changeling continues assuaging her allies of their concerns,”The leylines make our animals agitated.” Giving Brago a pointed look she adds,”All our animals besides.” Smiling nonchalantly Silhouette soothes the jittering Petal with a pat of the mule’s neck,”Now, now girl, you’ll be fine.”

Seeing Predat dismount though and Tyral invoking armor of Ithan she pauses in her dismissive tone though still rolling her eyes as she thinks,”My natural gifts hadn’t alarmed us to any dangers, why were are you all bristling?” Dismounting in turn while keeping on the mule’s inside from the trail Silhouette sighs deeply,”It’s just the leyline…” Even so she was keeping her head tilted to the trees for any patterns of sound.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:55 pm

Perception [74%]: 1d100 = 53
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 5
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 86

PPE: 235/235
SDC: 43/43
HP: 54/54

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [8 Days], Armor of Ithan [10.00 Min, AR 18, S.D.C.: 200/200]

===============================

Predat wrote:"Yea, this is a good spot for an ambush, so have the wolf be careful." Pre steps off of Hey Stupid, holds the reins in one hand, and pulls his dagger with the other. What is going on here? Something seems off. Pre looks around a bit seeing if he can find any sign.


With confirmation and apparent wariness from Reptilian-Death-Incarnate (Tor) the Wizard's gut clenches, *Well crap, if he's worried enough to close himself up in preparation, better to be safe than sorry ... * [OOC: Confirming -10 PPE & Armor of Ithan]

Silhouette wrote:The edges of her mouth turning up in a self-knowing smile Silhouette gives a wry glance to her companions giving on-edge warnings. Shaking her head she teases the elf a bit as she asks,”Oh wise and gray haired Wizard, with your old nose hairs peaking from your nose, do you not remember that arse Elias’ maps?” Peering up to the edge of the sky the Forsaken Mage nods with her chin answering herself simply,”Leylines.”


Tyral cocks an eyebrow a bit unsure at the cocky Mystic in a moment of hesitation, then looks around for the signs of a Dragon-Line, or the feeling of additional untapped mystic power and potential, "I suppose it is possible. I do not recall there being lines in this immediate area, and they may be at an ebb right now."

Wizard Capabilities wrote:See & Use Ley-Lines
Ley-Line Drifting: Speed 10
Ley-Line Rejuvenation


If Tyral is able to sense a Ley Line he will tentatively use the Ley-Line Rejuvenation ability to refresh himself and Ley-Line Drifting to see if he floats above his saddle, the Wizard then mentally marks the location for a return trip.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby EBAH » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:59 pm


Date: 11 May, 345
Time: 1111
Environment: Cool afternoon, southwest breeze with gusts
Location: About a half mile west of Neven


With the wind picking up, a few leaves flutter across the path. The group cautiously ventures onward. As they approach the bend, a couple of birds start chirping back and forth. Just as the view around the bends becomes visible, the wind dies and there is a hush about the forest. Even the stomping of the animals has a muffled sound to them. Suddenly, just as the sounds disappears, the sound comes rushing back. The wind now whistling through the trees. A small dust cloud billows up about a foot off the ground before dissipating. The path remains clear as its snakes it's way towards Neven.

Those expecting an ambush are surprised when they find nothing but the elements and nature herself. As the group continues, their first impressions are that nothing is out of place, just their mind playing tricks on them. Predat looks for any traps or signs of foot traffic, from either friend or foe. All he finds is some obvious signs of travel, given the close proximity to town. Though, most seem worn and weathered. Only a solitary set of footprints seems to be of any recent time. They can't be distinguished in which way they were coming or going. The footprints double back on themselves a couple of times.

Tyral first thinks about casting a defensive spell but decides to reaches out with his senses, I stead. Thinking it might be magical in nature. To much of his confusion, he finds nothing out of the ordinary. Using his telepathic link with Brago, he asks that his wolf searches the close vicinity. Brago uses his keen sense of smell. They only impression that Tyra from Bragol is a lone secent. How recent is hard to tell from all the wind gusts and light breeze that has been going on all day. Silhouette and Tatyana's senses don't pick up on anything but they feel something is definitely close.

The quartet comes to a stop, as if all of them seem to notice the same thing at the same time. As they peer into the surrounding brush, a pair of eyes and a hooded figure can barely be seen through the bush. The figure seems too small to be an orc, perhaps a goblin. As one looks at the figure, they can notice that it has no movement. It remains still as its gaze transfixed in the middle of the group.




What are you next course of actions?

Butcher's Bill:
Pedat:
Silhouette:
Tatyana:
Tyral:
Wand Creation
3 days = 24 hrs. 250 PPE total hours spent in creation: 14, PPE channeled: 200
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:00 pm

Perception [74%]: 1d100 = 16
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 13
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 65

PPE: 235/235
SDC: 43/43
HP: 54/54

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [8 Days]

===============================

EBAH wrote:Just as the view around the bends becomes visible, the wind dies and there is a hush about the forest. Even the stomping of the animals has a muffled sound to them. Suddenly, just as the sounds disappears, the sound comes rushing back. The wind now whistling through the trees. A small dust cloud billows up about a foot off the ground before dissipating ...


The Wizard regards the sudden but somewhat controlled(?) wind behavior of the wind and it reminds him of their former comrade Zephyr, *Could this be the work of an Elemental? Some kind of Fairy or ... maybe a Haunting or Tectonic Entity? Those could make the animals skittish.* He casts about looking for any potential signs to confirm one of his hypotheses (or information that might point to another likely clue.

[Recognize Magic 77%: 1d100 = 68, Lore: Magic 127%: 1d100 = 87, Recognize Enchantment 110%: 1d100 = 86, Lore: Demons & Monsters 122%: 1d100 = 96]

Rounding the curve in the road, Tyral pulls up rein softly bringing his mount to a halt with a quieting hand and re-grips the Staff resting in his stirrup as he looks over the small figure in the roadside thicket, *He(?) had a pretty good opportunity to attack from concealment and did not do so. No large scale band of brigands bursting forth on a bircall or other signal ... Maybe the little fellow has words of warning about marauding Orcs in the area. No need to launch into a preemptive attack, so let us try a bit of a chat ... If he attacks, odds are Tor kills him before anyone gets 2 blinks in and we'll never get any information out of him.*

Offering up a (hopefully) friendly wave [Charm/Impress 80%: 1d100 = 27] Tyral offers a greeting, "Good day down there. We are not looking to make trouble and have been warned there are Orcs and others harrowing the region. Might you have word from Hadrian's Cove, or even Neven?"
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Predat » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:08 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 79 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 4 1d20 = 11

Conditions: Sustain (8 days)

Pre looks bored. Seriously this gets me tense, I've flown after ancient dragons to do battle in close quarters. And that is just one of the many crazy things I've done, and this little guy gets me tense? Pre looks around, as the others will be focused on this creature. He is ready. "Hey Stupid, you hungry?"

Track Humanoids - 1d100 = 6 / 72% (looking for any sign)
Detect Ambush - 1d100 = 100 / 82% (obvious)
Detect Concealment/Traps - 1d100 = 59 / 72% (obvious)
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 161 / 161


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Silhouette » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:59 am

JIC: 1d100 = 581d20 = 6
Perc: 63% / 1d100 = 75

Listening and Awareness -- 34% / 1d100 = 68(For anything moving in the woods separate from wind.)

At the sudden gusts of wind and the immediate silence Silhouette’s expression goes from tight eyes against dust to wide wonder at the silence. The winds were playing at strange games today it seems, however at the sight of the cloaked diminutive person a sound of disgust pops from between her teeth as she thinks,”Was that maybe a mile? Two? Aaaaah! Go away!”

Looking to Tyral the changeling mumbles,”Ever see those drunkards between alleys that just leer at you, but they say nothing if you speak to them?” Her head tossing toward the small person she shrugs saying,”This is the woodsy version when someone eats plants without knowing better.” Silhouette’s glove covered hand rolls over as if she were inspecting her nails griping under her breath further,”Towns right there…”
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby EBAH » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:26 am


Date: 11 May, 345
Time: 1111
Environment: Cool afternoon, southwest breeze with gusts
Location: About a half mile west of Neven


"Hey Stupid, you hungry?" Predat gruffs at his beast, as the beast opens its mouth and saliva drips from the teeth. Hey Stupis stammers and pretends to step forward. The next moments feel like forever. Then an unexpected sounds emanates from the bushes. It's not threatening it more of startelement.

"Eeep!"

The high pitched sounds echos through the forest. Petal rears up and nearly throws Silhouette off. The surrounding forest comes alive with a burst of excitement, all manner of small creature and birds scatter. ”Towns right there…” Silhouette's words are cut short by Tyral. "Good day down there. We are not looking to make trouble and have been warned there are Orcs and others harrowing the region. Might you have word from Hadrian's Cove, or even Neven?" The buzz of the forest calms down to gentle rustling . The bushes seem to dance and sway before revealing a small child, about nine or ten years of age.

The young child's face is covered with dirt. It's hands raised above it head. One open, with fingers out reached, the other clasping a bow. The cowl of the cloak covering the head from the eyes upwards. It's clothes underneath indicate humble beginnings. Walking closer, it stops a couple of feet short of the road. The voice soft and meeks as it speaks up. "Pa..pa..please don't e..e..eat me." Its head remains looking down, as if being scolded.

"Forgive me, me Lords. I..I..I didn't mean to cause you any trouble." It pauses for a bit. It's fear apparent by the fear in the voice and of the trembling hands. Brushing off the dirt from the front of its clothes. "I.I don't know what came over me. Saw a couple of figures in the distance and got scared. I mean you no harm, I swear but that means I was right. There are orc around here. Everyone said I just saw things or that I'm pulling their leg but I was right." It says, looking at Tyral with almost a smile on its face. Quickly a scared looking camels back across the face as it shifts its attention back to Predat and the silonar. "Please. Please don't eat me." The youngster's eyes widen as they land upon the wolfen, standing in the back. Its gaze now trans fixed and remains motionless.




What are you next course of actions?

Butcher's Bill:
Pedat:
Silhouette:
Tatyana:
Tyral:
Wand Creation
3 days = 24 hrs. 250 PPE total hours spent in creation: 14, PPE channeled: 200
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:00 am

OOC: I think we should be on Day 12, we met Gapper on Day 11 and had an overnight with Crows afterwards.

Perception [74%]: 1d100 = 68
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 10
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 100

PPE: 235/235
SDC: 43/43
HP: 54/54

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [8 Days]

===============================

Tyral shakes his head at the (human?) child as reassuringly as he can, "Don't eat you? Really is that a common issue in Neven? I have known our Wolfen comrade back there for nearly a year and she's never so much as sniffed at a human child, and the Reptiles back here ... " ~~ motions to Hey Stupid and Predat ~~ "I believe they prefer Tusker which is, to my mind very curious. Tell me, is Neven one of those 1 race towns where they only have humans?" (if the Answer is yes, then Tyral will shrug, "How quaint.")

The Wizard sees very little useful in what the kid has said, at least as phrased, but will give him a bit of a nudge, "What is your name child? ... Very well [insert name from response], is seeing a single orc up here somehow noteworthy? Are there none down in Neven? We met a group from Neven yesterday and a man named Gapper who seemed very skeptical that there were Orcs out here."

If the kid clarifies that he saw more than 1 Orc, Tyral cocks an eyebrow, "How many Orcs did you see? How long ago? Were they headed North, South, or along the Road?" (if road, in what direction?)

After getting as much useful information as possible out of the Kid (i.e. he will ask questions about where the Kid was located when he saw the Orcs; if they were carrying any kind of Banner/flag/or other signifier, method of transport (riding/marching/or flying?); has he seen them more than once; if so, how many times; etc. until they get to the inevitable "I don't know" stage), the Wizard will suggest to the Kid that he is unlikely to scare off any pack of brigands by himself, so he would be safer going home. Should the opportunity arise and if the Kid has been forthcoming, Tyral will go ahead and cast Sustain [12 PPE, 10 Days, (2hrs Sleep, No Food or Drink needed), BOM Pg 109] on the Kid as he hands the (boy?) 25 GP and thanks him for his help.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Predat » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:20 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 26 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 94 1d20 = 16

Conditions: Sustain (8 days)

Pre turns Hey Stupid, "Don't worry kid he hasn't eaten a human in a long time and it won't happen anytime soon." Pre leads the Silonar a little further away from the kid and the elf. He still keeps an eye on the brush. Doesn't seem to be much of an orc problem so far. He listens to the questions and the kids responses. "Kid, have you seen any trading caravans from Hadrians Cove lately?"

Track Humanoids - 1d100 = 14 / 72% (looking for any sign)
Detect Ambush - 1d100 = 29 / 82% (obvious)
Detect Concealment/Traps - 1d100 = 89 / 72% (obvious)
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 161 / 161


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Silhouette » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:55 pm

JIC: 1d100 = 5 1d20 = 10
Perc: 63% / 1d100 = 81

Child wrote:"Please. Please don't eat me." The youngster's eyes widen as they land upon the wolfen, standing in the back. Its gaze now trans fixed and remains motionless.


Silhouette’s eyes go wide at her companions remarks before the dark skinned girl follows the child's gaze to Tatyana. Turning suddenly the changeling ruffles the wolfen’s black and sunset fur with both hands saying with a laugh,”Ah, the worst Tat can do is shed on you!” Silhouette winks up at the taller wolfen while pulling hands away to turn and show them to the child,”See, just friendly…” Pretending to spit out hair from her mouth slapping her tongue,”Pfft. Fluff in my mouf… Pfft.” All the while grinning with a shrug to the child.

Leaving Petal’s lead in Tyral’s hands as she steps ahead of her companions to crouch neutrally in the path, Silhouette looks at the child with a friendly expression thinking,”Just like with the necromancer, Tyral is all gruff and no love for children and big green isn’t helping either!” Holding a hand up to the kid for patience, Silhouette digs in her bags saying,”If your parents were smart, they’d have told you not to take candy from strangers.” Finding the brittled-maple candy she had she snaps a piece off and pops it into her own mouth before adding,”I’m Silhouette, but you have to tell me your name before we can be not strangers so I can share this with you.” Holding the candy to her breast in both hands as if taking it away she waits for the child’s name before proffering it again.

Silhouette sympathetically says,”I believe you that you saw nasty orcs. We want to stop them from hurting nice children like you.” Offering another piece to the child Silhouette continues while giving Tyral some underhanded sass while taking a bite of candy herself,”Mmm, the loooordly elf means well with his questions, even if my friends forget and make bad jokes when we are here to stop bad orcs.” Sweeping a smile at her companions Silhouette tells the child,”Anything you tell us we will believe, unlike those silly folks you tried to warn before!” Offering another piece of maple candy Silhouette asks,"So what can you tell the grumpy elf about orcs?"
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby EBAH » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:33 pm


Date: 11 May, 345
Time: 1112
Environment: Cool afternoon, southwest breeze with gusts
Location: About a half mile west of Neven


The young child slowly lowers its arms, only after a few reassuring words that it won't be eaten. The child shows an expressionless look as Tyral bombards the child with questions. It eyes widen as Silhouette takes a piece of candy from her bag. A smile starts to form but is cut short as Silhouette takes a bite and holds it away from the child. It's brow scrunched and its eyes narrow and focus on Silhouette. The gaze so focus it could pierce through her armor. The child stomps its foot, throws its arms down and give a humpf. "Fine. If I must." The child pauses for several long moments. "My name is Mara." Mara's demeanor and expression instantly changes. A bursting smile appears, almost from ear to ear. She has a peep in her talk and she seems to be a bit ancey. "Now that we're friends, can I have some of that candy?" Mara slowly approaches Silhouette. As Silhouette extends her hand to give the piece, Mara abruptly snatches it from her hands. Mara takes a step or two back and turns a quarter of the way around before devouring the candy. Tilting her head so that she can see the whole group.

Mara wipes her mouth clean before turning back. "Mmmm. That was pretty good. Kind if I can get any more?" She says with a smile while holding out her hand. If Silhouette offers another piece, Mara will tuck it away in a pouch on her belt while muttering."I'll just save you for later. Well I guess I can talk about those nasty orc-sees, now. I saw them a couple of days ago, when I was out hunting for some food. I think they were doing the same but I couldn't or would get close enough to find out for sure. They were about two days travel to the northeast from here." She points in the general direction. "There were just a hand full of them. Five or six, maybe. Now let's see, that was about six days ago." Mara and the others continue to exchange information, though the rest of it has little bearing or helplessness.

Sever time during the course of events, Mara take several moments to look at Predat and Tatyana. Acknowledging their presence but not much more. Not a look of disgust or fear but one of curiosity. When the time comes for Tyral to offer a magical bone, Mara respectfully declines the offer. "Excuse me but no thank you. How am I supposed to get stronger if I am constantly living in luxury? And I wouldn't go offer your services openly, either. Folks around here are leery of the magic arts. The towns tolerable to other races but magic is harder to overlook. I have even heard that there are some actively seek to destroy all magic. Me personally view it like a tool. It's all in how you use it." Mara happily accept the gold, though. Bowing slightly as she receives the coins. A smile just as big as the one she had when she had received some candy. "Thank you so much. This should last me and my family for a while. At least we can eat and have a warm fire tonight. You are very kind, sir. Forgive me but I must get back to the job at hand. I fear I have wasted too much time already. Good day to you folks and may fortune shing upon your heads." With another bow, Mara turns and starts to head off back into the woods. After a couple of hundred feet, she seems to just vanish. Not even a sound can be heard coming from her direction.




What are you next course of actions?

On your next post I would like 3 rolls for Land Navigation and Horsemanship, or equivalent skills. I am going to fast track you close to Hardrian's Cove.


Butcher's Bill:
Pedat:
Silhouette:
Tatyana:
Tyral:
Wand Creation
3 days = 24 hrs. 250 PPE total hours spent in creation: 14, PPE channeled: 200
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:20 am

Perception [74%]: 1d100 = 49
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 9
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 90

PPE: 235/235
SDC: 43/43
HP: 54/54

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [8 Days]

===============================

The Wizard watches the child Mara slip off into the wilderness, then turns his Mount back up the road to head past/around/through Neven and onward to Hadrian's Cove. "Half a dozen Orcs either 2 days ago, or 6 days ago, off to the northeast? ... Algor's Beard how worthless ..."

He has no particular interest in stopping in a town full of backwater idiots prejudiced against those learned in the magical arts, nor does he have any expectation (based on Gapper and Mara's collective knowledge of essentially nothing) that a stop in this town will afford any additional information. If they are greeted/hailed on the road, Tyral will stop and ask politely for word from Hadrian's Cove (or the East in general), but does not have high expectations. **By and large the Eastern Territories these days seem to be populated by near-sentient morons descending into a cycle of nasty, short, and brutish lives ... both Orc and Human. I miss fair Wisdom, I suppose the Tri-Arcanum should send more tutors out to teach these rabble clinging to superstitions. Didn't Father used to say, 'Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity ...' the truth does not cease to exist because one wishes to cling to ignorance.** As he rides, the Elf channels the final 50 PPE into Wand of Flight, getting it ready for final crafting.

Astronomy & Navigation 97%: 1d100 = 59, 1d100 = 88, 1d100 = 41
Horsemanship: General 92%: 1d100 = 46, 1d100 = 29, 1d100 = 10

Thereafter, Tyral will meditate [+50 PPE] as he rides allowing Esper to keep pace with the others for the next 5 hours. After Neven, Tyral will seek to find Camp a fair distance off the road (~250ft) by 5:00ish (late afternoon), and cast Circle of Concealment [-15 PPE] once he has put up the tent for the evening so that nothing will disturb the group (although he will invite Silhouette to use her own tent so they do not have to squeeze 4 souls into the cramped quarters). He will set Brago to the task of guarding camp (OOC: actually Brago should sleep for 3-4 hours, then given his magically extended stamina can guard through the night while everyone else sleeps).

"Wand Creation Regimen"
[*] 8 hours configuring Wand of Flight
[*] 2 hours Meditation [+20 PPE]
[*] 2 hours in the morning before leaving Camp to FINISH configuring Wand of Flight

OOC: This should come to a full 24 hrs & 250 PPE on the Wand, and still leave him full PPE when all is said and done.

After camp is packed up in the morning, the Wizard mounts up and hands Tat the Wand-of-Flight, "Tat, this will allow you to travel throughout each day without needing to use your own magic reserves."

Code: Select all
[b]Wand of Flight[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2019/06/21/20190621103807-5e97fcde.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Crafted Magic Item[/i]
Creation Cost: 250 PPE
[u]Magic Features[/u]
[list][*]Fly as the Eagle (L7, 25 P.P.E., 100', 80 Min, [50 MPH, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge, +2 Damage on Diving attack])
[*] (Non-Casters can only use for 1/2 Effect)
[*] Casting Frequency: 8x Daily
[*] Spell Strength: 4th Level[/list]
Curse: None
History: Created by Tyral Osarelar[/size]


==~==~==~==~==~==~==~==~==~==~==~==
BRAGO

Perception [40%]: 1d100 = 52
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 19
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 50

Conditions: HF 8, Nightvision: 40', Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral (600'), Enhanced Healing, Impervious to Natural Fire, Track by Smell 90%, Prowl 60%, Sustain [8 Days]

Track by Smell 90%: 1d100 = 54

Brago jogs alongside the others' mounts for the rest of the travel day, then takes a nap until around mid-night. He will rise several times in the wee hours and walk around to confirm they are alone but is still rested when the others roll from their beds in the morning.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Next

Return to Fantasy Adventures

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest