Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Only adventured-related threads are found here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tatyana Singh » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:26 am

Perception: [57%] 1d100 = 3
JIC: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 35

Conditions: Keen hearing, equal to a canine, excellent sense of smell, Horror Factor: 12, Sustain [8 Days]

The Wolfen assists in breaking down the camp and getting her gear together for the next leg of her journey. When Sil isn't looking, Tat brushes off a few strokes of her fur into the little human gear with a sly smile.

Later she looks to Predat and says, "I don't know about you, but I'm suddenly in the mood for a small human child." and laughs with a broad smile. "As if I'd ever."

Tyral wrote:After camp is packed up in the morning, the Wizard mounts up and hands Tat the Wand-of-Flight, "Tat, this will allow you to travel throughout each day without needing to use your own magic reserves."


Tatyana takes the wand and turns it over in her hands. It's not much to looks at. she thinks to herself, but being a practitioner of magic herself, she knows full well that means nothing. With a smile she says, "Thank you Tyral. I have gotten to enjoy the feeling and freedom that flight gives. It'll also be very usefully in my quest." Slipping the wand into her dimensional bag, she starts off walking beside her companions and their mounts. As the group moves along though the forest, the Hunter suddenly says, "Is anyone else bothered by the lack of Orcs or Orc activate around here? Or is it just me?"
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 36/36
SDC: 53/53
PPE: 127/127
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: Southern United Kingdom

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Silhouette » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:12 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 19 1d100 = 64
Perc: 63% / 1d100 = 22

Astronomy & Navigation -- 37% / 1d100 = 34 1d100 = 86 1d100 = 69
- Area Knowledge (PF Eastern Territory) -- 32% / 1d100 = 99 1d100 = 59 1d100 = 64(Support to navigation)
Horsemanship: General -- 82% / 1d100 = 27 1d100 = 85 1d100 = 94


Watching the girl Mara depart and then fade into the brush as neatly as her own chameleon magic could provide the changeling Silhouette nods appreciatively as she turns her head to Tyral and the others,"See!" Challenging nobody's recent dismissal of Silhouette’s value the changeling continues,”Mara appreciates me!” Nodding affirmatively as she stands Silhouette gives Petal’s gray muzzle a rub adding,”I know you do…” Rubbing her face against the mule’s own she exuberantly says,”Yes, yes, you do!” Smiling Silhouette mumbles,”As long as I feed you…” Taking a breath in and out with fists on hips the mage looks over the road. A moment passes before she sucks on her teeth,”Well, I suppose we should get back to it Petal.” Leading the mule onward Sil keeps an eye on landmarks and the woods around.

Tyral wrote: "Half a dozen Orcs either 2 days ago, or 6 days ago, off to the northeast? ... Algor's Beard how worthless ..."


Counting on her hands the changeling Silhouette corrects,”Nah, it is two days from here, six days ago. If on foot that equals roughly two behind or eight ahead of us, or two days from here if they homestead to be found.” Nodding her head Silhouette seems to be agreeing however as she finishes,”Or Three to five days in any other direction. Yes, worth an algor's beard..." Shrugging Silhouette says pensively,”We can’t be much more careful than we have been, but lets try not to signal ourselves until past that two day distance? No fires to be smelled.”

Tatyana"[/quote] Later she looks to Predat and says, "I don't know about you, but I'm suddenly in the mood for a small human child."[/quote]

Giving Tatyana a wide-eyed look as her face draws out in an expression of horror, she glances at Predat and then back at the wolfen, Silhouette's dark skin almost going blue as she holds her breath. Blinking her eyes search around in her head as imagination battles with reality at the thought of the two of themDoing that. Together. Not that doing so would result in a human child… Putting a hand over her mouth to stifle words, Silhouette inhales sharply while turning away woodenly to lower her head as she returns to her business, occasionally twitching her head as the thought reemerges.

[quote="Tyral wrote:
"Tat, this will allow you to travel throughout each day without needing to use your own magic reserves."


Along their trip the forsaken mage Silhouette begins to restlessly anticipate the leyline after seeing and helping along Tyral's preparatory wand crafting. A competitive desire creeps up on the girl as she considers the greater knowledge the elf possessed in magic craft than she did. Though she would more likely eat her tongue sooner than admit that to herself."

When the group is within the leyline and she can channel power from the dense stream of Palladium's magic, she will secretly create five more Fire Globes and stow them away in her Dimensional Bag. Orc's would not call for their wasteful use, but she would certainly be ready when the next cultist wrought monster rears its head. Continuing while they were in the mile or so band of the leyline's thickest part, even if they walked directly across it, Silhouette empowers the four kobold throwing knives on herself with lightning, again in as much secret as she can. Four lightning knives for the moment her life is in danger that the distance of her bow couldn't fulfill safety and a knife's stroke of her own was too treacherous.

---

On the approach to outside Hadrian's Cove the forsaken mage will contemplate the peculiarities of the place that might work for or against the group, considering the Cove's importance as a hub of the Merchant's Guild only just having a presence in Llorn comparatively.
Area Knowledge (PF Eastern Territory) -- 32% / 1d100 = 66
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:40 pm

Tyral wrote:Perception [74%]: Original post: 1d100 = 49
D20 JiC: Original post: 1d20 = 9
D100 JiC: Original post: 1d100 = 90


PPE: 235/235
SDC: 43/43
HP: 54/54

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [8 Days]

===============================

With a smile she says, "Thank you Tyral. I have gotten to enjoy the feeling and freedom that flight gives. It'll also be very usefully in my quest." ... As the group moves along though the forest, the Hunter suddenly says, "Is anyone else bothered by the lack of Orcs or Orc activate around here? Or is it just me?"


*Thanks, I like Flying?!? Seriously?!?! I hand you the ability to travel over 400 miles in a day and receive a tepid 'Thanks' after working for nights upon end for you. This after never putting a single drop [1 PPE] of your own energy to assist me after pledging your help back in Llorn.* (OOC: Tat, Tyral has been asking others to contribute PPE for days, and actually since we left Llorn in June, and every night she fails to assist.) The Wizard offers a short wordless nod in response, but does not speak further on the Wand. Instead he addresses her other inquiry, "Absolutely. It is kind of astonishing the hordes of invisible Orcs who have somehow instituted a flawless but invisible embargo of the largest military power in the Eastern Territory ... well the Western part. Southwatch is more of a military base than City. Still, Orcs by and large tend to be idiots. So is such a Horde existed, the bulk of them would be idiots even if led by a couple miraculous genius-Orcs, or a band of Trolls ... It should not matter because keeping thousands upon thousands of Orcs in line and wholly cutting off all communication with Llorn's trading partners despite the presence of Wizards, Warlocks, and any number of ways to pass messages."

In the event that the group encounters a Ley Line (Wizard Class Abilities: See & Use Ley-Lines, PF Pg 107) in the course of their travels (Per Augur's Map), Tyral dismounts and will draw off ambient mystic energy [PPE] and draw a pentacle so that he can cast Summon & Control Canines (50 P.P.E., summons 1d4+10 = 12 Wolves from the forest area for 100 hours, PFRPG Pg 208 (ley line effects included)).

He'll direct the Pack to follow Brago's lead (and Brago to have them be available from off-the road ~300ft) so that they can rejoin as needed. Lastly before returning to the trail/road Tyral will again will draw off ambient mystic energy so that he can cast Wards (L10, 90 P.P.E. (to create 2 warded items), BoM pg 138) 3 times on a handful of stones the size of a thumb (allowing him to create 6 warded sling stones with the Fear effect on them), *These will allow me to sow a bit of confusion and destruction if needed ... toss these around and we can create a bit of panic on demand. No one gets hurt but we have panic ...*

OOC: This should enable Tyral to still leave with full PPE, and Brago is very, very large for a Wolf, so he should be a pretty natural Pack-Alpha.

As they ride, the Wizard rides up next to their Eandroth comrade, "Tor? Have you been out to Hadrian's Cove before? Is there any Red-Brigade presence at Hadrian's Cove? ... "

Whenever Predat gives cause Tyral will cast Circle of Concealment (15 PPE, 10hrs, 200' Radius, PFRPG Pg 200) then erect camp, settling the summoned wolves on the far edge of the area with directive not to make noise. He even goes so far as to look for a 300lb-400lb boulder and cast Stone to Flesh (30 P.P.E., 12ft, up to 500lbs, PFRPG Pg 206) to feed the summoned wolves.
Last edited by Tyral on Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Predat » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:48 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 77 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 14 1d20 = 8

[dice]Conditions[/dice]: Sustain (8 days)

Pre laughs at Tat, "Yes, last time I had a human child I came down with a nasty parasite, Just not worth the effort!" Tough kid though, hope she doesn't actually get eaten. Orcs will pretty much eat anything. She continues on, "Well i guess we don't waste the time following that bit of info up, better just to get to the Cove. At least we know there is some orc activity, well probably anyway. The kid seemed relatively reliable." She nods to Tyral, "Yes, I've been through here multiple times, but never actually stayed. If I remember right there is a dominion presence, but not a Red Brigade presence. I am sure there are probably a few veterans living there, but nothing official or sanctioned, at least as far as I remember." Pre ponders the last time he was through here. Killed a Wolfen spy just on the other side of town. Ugly troll, he denied the accusation, but they always do. The Duke had his sources and I followed through. Not that I need much provocation to end a troll here and there. Mean and nasty critters trolls are! Pre continues on and keeps a wary eye out.

Wilderness Survival - 1d100 = 77 / 87% (Looking for anything useful)
Land Navigation - 1d100 = 35 / 75% (Location)
Detect Ambush - 1d100 = 65 / 82% (looking for trouble)
Intelligence - 1d100 = 40 / 73% (anything useful)
Identify Plants & Fruits - 1d100 = 55 / 62% (anything useful, poison or food)
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 161 / 161


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby EBAH » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:54 am


Date: 11 May, 345
Time: 1120
Environment: Cool afternoon, southwest breeze with gusts
Location: About a half mile west of Neven


Eerily Dissatisfied
With the departure of Mara, the forest returns to dull quiet life. The small band of adventurers resumes their way in an easterly direction. Figuring that they have enough information, or at least won't be able to gather any more, the group decides to pass the town of Neven. They say to the outskirts, just far enough to remain unseen but close if trouble should arise. A few miles after the town, Tyral stops the group when he can sense that they are close to a ley line. He starts drawing symbols and shapes in the ground. Once finished, Tyral starts to perform a ritual to summon and control canines. Several howls can be heard getting closer. Within several moments, a handful of wolves start emerging from the underbrush. Two young pups are wrestling as an old, gray and grizzled one watches them contently. Even a red Fox shows up, keeping to perimeter of the clearing.

After the ritual has been completed, Tyral picks ups a handful of stones and cast ward on them. During this time, Silhouette tries her best to be sly as a fox and cast her spells without being noticed. To the best of her knowledge, no one noticed what she was doing.* Once both of the mages are satisfied with their workings, they allow the group to continue on. The rest of the day brings about a tranquil evening. A quiet walk through the forest. That evening and throughout the night is much of the same. With help from the elven wizard.

A slight miscalculation
The following day's journey matched the previous day. Mostly critters of the woodland variety crossed their path. The sun had chased most of the clouds away. It's long fingers scratching through the cracks of the thieves and branches. A slight breeze from time to time helps keep the temperature moderated. The fair weather and lack of interruptions allowed them to travel a good distance. Confident in their abilities, the four of the pick a direction and heading. Checking themselves only once or twice during the course of the day. Each time being slightly off, compounding each other.

As the sun sets and the group breaks for the night, they check their position one final time and realize that they have overshot their intended target. They are now to the southwest, somewhere. A few extra miles never hurt anyone. Though a bit disheartening, the group makes camp for the night. Tyral performs his usual circle of concealment. The new pack canine helps keep the camp from unwanted eyes.

*For those of you who passed your perception roll, I will leave it up to you if you noticed Silhouette and decide to mention it in your post.





Date: 13 May, 345
Time: 0545
Environment: Partly cloudy, cool and calm
Location: About 5 miles Southwest of Hadrin's Cove


The dark twilight gives way to the sun as it rises above the horizon. The band begins to take down camp. Removing any signs that the had campes there for the night. With the nights and close proximity to Hadrian's Cove, the day begins to look promising.




What are you next course of actions?

Butcher's Bill:
Pedat:
Silhouette:
Tatyana:
Tyral:
Attachments
HCove.jpg
HCove.jpg (22.31 KiB) Viewed 766 times
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1087
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:35 pm

Perception [74%]: 1d100 = 39
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 18
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 84

PPE: 235/235
SDC: 43/43
HP: 54/54

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [6 Days]

===============================

Tyral sets up in the early morning hours still a bit irate at the navigational miscalculation. Once camp is broken, he suggests the following, "Tor? May I borrow your Bullwhip? [assuming he says yes, Tyral takes it and slips it into his dimensional satchel], Can you, Silhouette, and Tatyana scout the City from a distance for signs of an assault, any indications of a siege, large fortifications within Hadirans Cove, or other signs of an Orc presence? I will take Brago and the pack and head North to the Grand Canal. We are upstream from both Llorn and Hadrian's Cove. Maybe we can spot a basis for the lack of trade traffic. It seems more likely to me that your route will find any actual Orc encampment because it would have to be something large and static. You may be able to ambush a raiding party. I ... well with the Wolves to run interference I should be able to maintain ample distance and avoid detection ... and if I can't Brago and I will fly the hell out of here and find you later using the Locate spell and your Whip. What do you think?"

Wolves
Per Hangouts Ebah indicated there are 8 Wolves, 1 Fox, 2 Pups, and an Old Wolf. Quite frankly, Tyral is inclined to just send the Pups, the Old Wolf and 2 parents away. This would leave a pack of 6 Minion-Wolves to be led by Brago. For GM convenience, I am suggesting they all use the same statistics:

Minion Wolf:
80 lbs, SPD 50
Track by Smell 88%
Smell prey up to 1 Mile away
HP: 4d6+6 = 21
SDC: 2d6+20 = 28
PPE: 5d6 = 17
Monsters & Animals Pg 211
Last edited by Tyral on Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Predat » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:59 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 16 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 47 1d20 = 17

[dice]Conditions[/dice]: Sustain (7 days)

Wilderness Survival - 1d100 = 94 / 87% (Looking for anything useful)
Land Navigation - 1d100 = 13 / 75% (Location)
Detect Ambush - 1d100 = 31 / 82% (looking for trouble)
Intelligence - 1d100 = 2 / 73% (anything useful)
Identify Plants & Fruits - 1d100 = 97 / 62% (anything useful, poison or food)
Track Humanoids - 1d100 = 51 / 72% (See what is around)
Track and Trap Animals - 1d100 = 61 / 72%/82% (See what is around)

Pre is thoroughly annoyed he went off course, consider he knows these roads and he checked their location not long ago. How in the Abyss did that happen? To the others, "I've been through here several times before, there is no reason we should be off course. You think magic could be involved? It is the only thing that makes sense! I feel like a ridiculous recruit that can't find his way back to camp, yet now I can't seem to find a whole city." He looks to Tyral, "By the way Tyral, if I helps you can take whatever magical energy i posses. I doubt it is very much."

Tyral wrote:Tyral sets up in the early morning hours still a bit irate at the navigational miscalculation. Once camp is broken, he suggests the following, "Tor? May I borrow your Bullwhip? [assuming he says yes, Tyral takes it and slips it into his dimensional satchel], Can you, Silhouette, and Tatyana scout the City from a distance for signs of an assault, any indications of a siege, large fortifications within Hadirans Cove, or other signs of an Orc presence? I will take Brago and the pack and head North to the Grand Canal. We are upstream from both Llorn and Hadrian's Cove. Maybe we can spot a basis for the lack of trade traffic. It seems more likely to me that your route will find any actual Orc encampment because it would have to be something large and static. You may be able to ambush a raiding party. I ... well with the Wolves to run interference I should be able to maintain ample distance and avoid detection ... and if I can't Brago and I will fly the hell out of here and find you later using the Locate spell and your Whip. What do you think?"


Pre just nods and hands Tyral the bullwhip, assuming he may need it for the wolves. "Here ya go." Pre looks a little doubtful at the thought of the mage going off alone. Those wolves aren't going to protect you from raiders. But he nods as Tyral has proven his abilities, "Sounds good, but watch your ass as I am getting use to having your spells around. Let's go!" Pre will head off the trail checking things out but staying in sight of his team.
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 161 / 161


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:25 am

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD

PPE: 235/235
SDC: 43/43
HP: 54/54

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [6 Days]

===========================

The Wizard offers a small smile to Predat, "I will indeed take care in examination of the Canal waterfront, but I expect the Wolves to be excellent scouts. Able to keep from being seen, and should be able to dispatch or disperse small groups. If I need to I can drop a Circle of Concealment to use as a home-location, then invisibility ... or inspire fear among a larger group. If you guys star hearing howls, feel free to come assist hehehe ... "

If no one else objects, then Tyral will set out with his 'pack' (Brago and 6 Minion Wolves) bearing North. He will move along at slightly better than walking speed (which should bring him to the Canal in an hour). Via Brago, Tyral will issue orders to the Wolves as best he can to head North, and give signal if they scent out anything that walks on 2 legs (Orc, Human, Goblin, whatever). The Wizard is not leading the way, but rather following quietly at a distance of ~ 200ft. Before he gets up to the Canal itself (~1000ft out) Tyral will dismount and tie off his horse, and cast Chameleon [-6 PPE, 40.00 Min] as he approaches. The Elf will not leave the cover of the trees but walks up carefully to assess the Canal for issues.

Intelligence 84%: 1d100 = 5 (any sign of embargo, damage, pirates, shipwrecks ... just something wrong(?))

BRAGO
Track by Smell (1 Mile) 90% (1 Mile): 1d100 = 2

WOLF PACK
Track by Smell (1 Mile) 88% (1 Mile): 1d100 = 17
Track by Smell (1 Mile) 88% (1 Mile): 1d100 = 43
Track by Smell (1 Mile) 88% (1 Mile): 1d100 = 57
Track by Smell (1 Mile) 88% (1 Mile): 1d100 = 99
Track by Smell (1 Mile) 88% (1 Mile): 1d100 = 61
Track by Smell (1 Mile) 88% (1 Mile): 1d100 = 82
Last edited by Tyral on Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tatyana Singh » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:31 am

Perception: [57%] 1d100 = 70
JIC: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 71

Conditions: Keen hearing, equal to a canine, excellent sense of smell, Horror Factor: 12, Sustain [8 Days]

Tyral wrote:...Can you, Silhouette, and Tatyana scout the City from a distance for signs of an assault, any indications of a siege, large fortifications within Hadirans Cove, or other signs of an Orc presence? I will take Brago and the pack and head North to the Grand Canal. We are upstream from both Llorn and Hadrian's Cove. Maybe we can spot a basis for the lack of trade traffic. It seems more likely to me that your route will find any actual Orc encampment because it would have to be something large and static. You may be able to ambush a raiding party. I ... well with the Wolves to run interference I should be able to maintain ample distance and avoid detection ... and if I can't Brago and I will fly the hell out of here and find you later using the Locate spell and your Whip. What do you think?"[/b]


Tatyana ponders the elfs suggestion for a minute. "Tyral, While I'm not a big fan of us splitting up into smaller forces against what could very well be large enemy numbers, I do see the necessity for it; wouldn't it be safer to keep us in two groups of two? Each group consisting of a swordsmen and a spell slinger? To watch each others backs."
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 36/36
SDC: 53/53
PPE: 127/127
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: Southern United Kingdom

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:11 pm

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD

PPE: 235/235
SDC: 43/43
HP: 54/54

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [6 Days]

===========================

Tatyana Singh wrote:Tatyana ponders the elfs suggestion for a minute. "Tyral, While I'm not a big fan of us splitting up into smaller forces against what could very well be large enemy numbers, I do see the necessity for it; wouldn't it be safer to keep us in two groups of two? Each group consisting of a swordsmen and a spell slinger? To watch each others backs."


Tyral looks up at the 9+ft plate-mail clad Wolfen then over to Predat who is similarly clad but somehow moves noiselessly, *Between the two of you, I would far prefer Tor to watch my back and not draw notice. Nothing personal but an almost 10ft tall flying wolfen in heavy armor does not exactly blend in ...* Visibly conflicted he shrugs, "Even Silhouette is using a sword these days, and 3 of the 4 of us cast spells. If you do not want to inspect the Town's walls and fortifications for signs of this never-visible conflict, then we can pair off instead but it seemed like having more sets of eyes on the Town might be useful. Each of you has different perspectives. The whole thing just seems as crooked as a hobgoblin's teeth, and Bellimar's beard, I expected tonight we would probably end up flying over it a few times once the sun had gone down ... Amusingly, if we find nothing, you may need to carry the message back to Llorn tonight. With its flight powers you can be back before Captain De'vaue in Llorn with a report by midnight, and back here before morning."

He holds up a [Gryphon Claw] gauntleted hand and allows the 3-inch claws to spring forth magically with a muted grin then retracts them after a few moments, "I am not totally defenseless, and Brago ... he's young but he is fierce. Either way though." The Elf rolls his eyes and looks back at the massive Wolf (Clarification Note: not Wolfen, Wolf. Brago is a large Wolf. He is 160lbs, so he is 2x the size of the other wolves) in faux exasperation, "There, are you happy? Now be quiet."

If the others are intent on pairing off, Tyral will not refuse. He would prefer to take either Silhouette or Predat along but can adjust to any of their joining his survey (and if Tatyana accompanies him, Tyral will drop Chameleon (-6 PPE, 40.00 Min) on the Wolfen as well) before proceeding behind a screening line of wolves spaced at intervals of ~60ft).
Last edited by Tyral on Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tatyana Singh » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:20 pm

((Rolls Held Over))

Conditions: Keen hearing, equal to a canine, excellent sense of smell, Horror Factor: 12, Sustain [8 Days]

Tyral wrote:Tyral looks up at the 9+ft plate-mail clad Wolfen then over to Predat who is similarly clad but somehow moves noiselessly...Visibly conflicted he shrugs, "Even Silhouette is using a sword these days, and 3 of the 4 of us cast spells. If you do not want to inspect the Town's walls and fortifications for signs of this never-visible conflict, then we can pair off instead but it seemed like having more sets of eyes on the Town might be useful. Each of you has different perspectives. The whole thing just seems as crooked as a hobgoblin's teeth, and Bellimar's beard, I expected tonight we would probably end up flying over it a few times once the sun had gone down ... Amusingly, if we find nothing, you may need to carry the message back to Llorn tonight. With its flight powers you can be back before Captain De'vaue in Llorn with a report by midnight, and back here before morning."


Tatyana watches the eyes of her elven companion fall upon Predat and herself, Probably trying to figure out which of us he'd rather have go along with me, she thinks to herself. When the elf goes on, she finds herself agreeing with him. She is about to say as much, but Tryal continues.

Tyral wrote:He holds up a [Gryphon Claw] gauntleted hand and allows the 3-inch claws to spring forth magically with a muted grin then retracts them after a few moments, "I am not totally defenseless, and Brago ... he's young but he is fierce. Either way though." The Elf rolls his eyes and looks back at the massive Wolf in faux exasperation, "There, are you happy? Now be quiet."


The towering Wolfen smiles as Tyral shows off the gauntlet, She does a double take when he turns to suddenly speak to Brago. He didn't say anything? Oh yeah, telepathic. Tatyana reminds herself. Holding up her hands in mock surrender she says, "I would never accuse you of being defenseless my friend. I agree with what you said and it may be better for just one to scout north and with your pack here, you are well prepared to do it." She adds, "I will put the fantastic wand you made to good use once we find out what's going on up here."

The Hunter turns to Sil and says, "I guess we better head out and catch up with Predat."

Track blood scent [40%] 1d100 = 54 (Looking for a familiar blood scent)
Track familiar scent [36%] 1d100 = 4 (Looking for any familiar scents and follow Predat)
Wilderness Survival [75%] 1d100 = 65 (Looking for anything useful)
Intelligence [60%] 1d100 = 83 (Looking for anything useful)
Prowl [58%] 1d100 = 74 (Trying not to make a lot of noise)
Track Humanoids [50%] 1d100 = 1 (Looking for whatever has been through here lately)
Track & Trap Animals [25%/35%] 1d100 = 58/1d100 = 95 (Looking for whatever has been through here lately)
Astronomy & Navigation: [62%] 1d100 = 18 (trying not to get lost)
Last edited by Tatyana Singh on Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 36/36
SDC: 53/53
PPE: 127/127
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: Southern United Kingdom

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Silhouette » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:04 am

JIC: 1d20 = 191d100 = 39
Perc: 63% / 1d100 = 1


Astronomy & Navigation -- 37% / 1d100 = 89 Maintain direction.
Area Knowledge (PF Eastern Territory) – 32% / 1d100 = 57 Maintain direction.

Tyral wrote:Can you, Silhouette, and Tatyana scout the City from a distance for signs of an assault, any indications of a siege …<Cut down>… find you later using the Locate spell and your Whip. What do you think?"


Spending her time contemplating her own plans for the day to come Silhouette looks around thoughtfully as the others make known theirs in turn thinking,Flying over would have been better earlier this morning, then again we didn't know we were off course… Shrugging to herself the forsaken mage answers,"Good luck, I guess." Eyeing the amassed wolves balefully she knew that Tyral's magic contained them, but it wasn't like he was a circle mage after all,Now Vortigern, he had gargoyles under his control!" Shivering she remembers,Right before tentacles ate him from a…mistake drawing a circle?


Predat wrote:"Sounds good, but watch your ass as I am getting use to having your spells around. Let's go!"


Frowning Silhouette looks from Petal to the scaled monster and to Tyral's horse being ridden away Sil comments to Tatyana,"Oh, well he will miss the elf's spells." Grunting the dark skinned girl adds furtively,"Didn't know our magic was chopped liver." Harrumphing Silhouette continues her rant,"When he wants a fireball, he can throw a torch! Or dispel, he can cut the wizard in half! Or invisibility, he can cut their eyes out! "

Giving Petal a soothing touch more for herself than the mule, Silhouette's grievance continues,"Or a stinking cloud, he can crap himself for all I care…"


Tatyana wrote: "Tyral, While I'm not a big fan of us splitting up into smaller forces against what could very well be large enemy numbers, I do see the necessity for it; wouldn't it be safer to keep us in two groups of two? Each group consisting of a swordsmen and a spell slinger? To watch each others backs."


Tyral wrote:He holds up a [Gryphon Claw] gauntleted hand and allows the 3-inch claws to spring forth magically with a muted grin then retracts them after a few moments.


Ogling the fierce gauntlets the changeling turns her body aside in a clear display that questions why did she never know of those as she says in surprise,"Oh, next you'll pull a sword out your bum!" Laughing she continues,"And I bet it be made of diamonds too!" Digging at the uptight Wizard's typically manner she adds offhand,"Want claws for my feet…"


Tatyana wrote: The Hunter turns to Sil and says, "I guess we better head out and catch up with Predat."


Trotting to follow Tatyana, the changeling Silhouette pulls Petal behind her as she looks back at where Tyral is going, thoughts weighing on her before a long sigh escapes as she speaks to Tatyana,"A lot of puppies to guard him or not, there are a lot of things that can kill him besides. You would think he was super smart or something going off alone, right?" Taking out several magic bandages (4), the changeling hands them to the wolfen,"He can't die until I get one of those too!" Gesturing at the vicinity of the wand she shrugs.

Turning Petal around Silhouette starts off toward the elven wizard calling over her shoulder to Tat,"If you get in trouble yell, er, howl? " Waving farewell the changeling calls lightly after the elf.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tatyana Singh » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:54 am

((Rolls held Over))

The Wolfen smiles hearing the little human complain about her magic skills being slighted. "I appreciate your skills with a spell Sil. Which reminds me, you still need to teach me those necromancy spells you know." She replies over her shoulder.

Silhouette wrote:Trotting to follow Tatyana, the changeling Silhouette pulls Petal behind her as she looks back at where Tyral is going, thoughts weighing on her before a long sigh escapes as she speaks to Tatyana,"A lot of puppies to guard him or not, there are a lot of things that can kill him besides. You would think he was super smart or something going off alone, right?" Taking out several magic bandages (4), the changeling hands them to the wolfen,"He can't die until I get one of those too!" Gesturing at the vicinity of the wand she shrugs.


Tatyana nods her furry head in agreement, "I think our elf's ego is going to get him into trouble that his skills can't get him out of someday. I get the feeling he's up to something that he doesn't want us to know about." She takes the bandages with an inquisitive look.

Silhouette wrote:Turning Petal around Silhouette starts off toward the elven wizard calling over her shoulder to Tat,"If you get in trouble yell, er, howl? " Waving farewell the changeling calls lightly after the elf.


The Hunter watches Sill chase off after Tyral. "Hey, what about eyes on the city? oh, nevermind...You too." she calls back. "Watch yourself." she says, her voice a whisper. He's not going to be happy to see her. she thinks as she continues after Predat.


Once the Wolfen catches up the the Eandroth she quietly relays that Sil has decided to go after Tyral, finishing with, "We're on our own with what magic support I can provide."
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 36/36
SDC: 53/53
PPE: 127/127
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: Southern United Kingdom

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby EBAH » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:50 pm


Date: 13 May, 345
Time: 0615
Environment: Calm and cool
Location: Somewhere Southwest of Hadrin's Cove


Tyral
Tyral spurs Esper along with Brago and the new additions leading the way. The pack heads north towards the Grand Canal. The trip is quick uneventful. Dismounting, he secures Esper before carefully making his way closer. With the aid of his magic, Tyral does his best to remain as hidden as possible. He comes to a stop to assess the canal. Peering from the tree line, he looks up and down the bank. Nothing seems out of place. There's no signs of any wreckage or impediment of the flow. Two of the wolves search the embankment. One of them stops and lifts his head, sniffing around.

About the time Tyral notices the wolf sniffing the air, along the canal, Brago and a few others catch a faint scent off in the distance. It's too light of a decent to fully determine what is causing it but they can definitely tell that it's definitely not an animal. It comes and goes with the wind, originating from the east. Two of the wolves head off in front to start scouting the scent. The rest start at a slower pace, searching a wider area for any signs of a previous scent.

Predat, Silhouette and Tatyana
The trio watch Tyral trot away. Turing to each other, they decided to head off towards the main city. Taking a path in a direct line. The metal clad Eandroth and Wolfen take their time to search as they go, looking for any sign of previous footprints. Their search provides nothing useful. Even the smells in the air aren't of much help but this far out is a long way for a smell to dissipate. Silhouette is still grumbling about the elf venturing off on his own. Yes still showing signs that she cares for him, preparing for some grim out come. They eventually make their way through the woods. Looking out they see a river flowing to the east. A gentle slope down to the edge of the water. To the east they. A bend off in the distance.




What are you next course of actions?

OOC Comments
Here is a closer map of the area. Can't find a better one at the moment. After review I think five miles is about the edge of the Veill Lake. With the river I figured this spot would be more of an accurate of a place to be. The time at the end of the post is 0730

Red dot is Predat, Silhouette and Tatyana
Orange dot is Tyral
Green dots/area is Hadrin's Cove
Blue dot Neven


Butcher's Bill:
Pedat:
Silhouette:
Tatyana:
Tyral: -6 PPE, Chameleon (30 minutes remain)
Attachments
20190928_182750.jpg
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1087
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:35 am

Perception [74%]: 1d100 = 49
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 18
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 89

PPE: 229/235
SDC: 43/43
HP: 54/54

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [6 Days], Chameleon [30.00 Min]

===============================

In the early Tyral stands on the bank of the oddest, least efficient canal he's ever laid eyes on, *So. What did these idiots do? A canal is supposed to run from 1 location to another for efficiency of transport goods and people. Instead this thing looks like a toddler decided to create a bunch of dead end offshoots? ... * The Wizard grips his staff casually as he walks quietly along the back eastward towards Brago, *Have you found anything Brago? Lead the way ... *

If Brago has indeed found something, Tyral will follow him along. If not he will head North along the river until he runs into the Lake to try and get a glimpse of Hadrian's Cove (is Tyral on the Rush River? Is this thing fast flowing with a big waterfall at the end?). If neither of these courses is successful, the Wizard will return to find Predat, Sil and Tatyana, using the wolves to track them down. The Elf continues to keep an eye out for anything out of place (tracks, traps, any potential ambush locations, etc).

Intelligence 84%: 1d100 = 30 (any sign of tracks, embargo, damage, pirates, shipwrecks ... )

Minion_Wolves
Minion Wolf:
80 lbs, SPD 50
Track by Smell 88%
Smell prey up to 1 Mile away
HP: 21
SDC: 28
PPE: 17
Monsters & Animals Pg 211


BRAGO
Track by Smell (1 Mile) 90% (1 Mile): 1d100 = 40

WOLF PACK
Track by Smell (1 Mile) 88% (1 Mile): 1d100 = 66
Track by Smell (1 Mile) 88% (1 Mile): 1d100 = 95
Track by Smell (1 Mile) 88% (1 Mile): 1d100 = 75
Track by Smell (1 Mile) 88% (1 Mile): 1d100 = 62
Track by Smell (1 Mile) 88% (1 Mile): 1d100 = 96
Track by Smell (1 Mile) 88% (1 Mile): 1d100 = 84
Last edited by Tyral on Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tatyana Singh » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:25 pm

Perception: [57%] 1d100 = 86
JIC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 59

Conditions: Keen hearing, equal to a canine, excellent sense of smell, Horror Factor: 12, Sustain [6 Days]

Standing in the tree line, the towering Wolfen quizzically surveys the easterly flowing river below. "Where did the city go?" she asks no one in particulate. "I hope Tyral is having more luck then we are." Looking around the countryside she searches for anything of interest or dangerous. Looking to her companion she says, "Well, that river must flow to Hadrian's Cove...right? Shall we press on?"

Track blood scent [40%] 1d100 = 43 (Looking for a familiar blood scent)
Track familiar scent [36%] 1d100 = 64 (Looking for any familiar scents and follow Predat)
Wilderness Survival [75%] 1d100 = 78 (Looking for anything useful)
Intelligence [60%] 1d100 = 29 (Looking for anything useful)
Prowl [58%] 1d100 = 36 (Trying not to make a lot of noise)
Track Humanoids [50%] 1d100 = 18 (Looking for whatever has been through here lately)
Track & Trap Animals [25%/35%] 1d100 = 88/1d100 = 12 (Looking for whatever has been through here lately)
Astronomy & Navigation: [62%] 1d100 = 18 (trying not to get lost)
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 36/36
SDC: 53/53
PPE: 127/127
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: Southern United Kingdom

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Silhouette » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:19 pm

JIC: 1d100 = 871d20 = 19
Perc: 63% / 1d100 = 29
Conditions: Sixth Sense

OOC: Tatyana, consider the 4 bandages still in your paws, call it a gift I guess.

Humming Silhouette's steps seem to act as a staccato before the next note and step as they continue down the river towards the Cove's lake, not named for it, but instead a silly priest Hadrian. Winding down her personal ditty the changeling motions to the path ahead as Tatyana wonders aloud Sil's own thoughts. A day, two, three and this city is still as distant Llorn. Even though she knows it is practically around the corner, or the next two or ten bends in the river.

Watching the tree's the forsaken mage wonders what kind of wood they might provide for a bowyer, making a mental note to talk to the loggers and see where the strongest and flexible trees grew here. Meanwhile she peers at brush, plants, and berries for serviceability.

Answering the wolfen, Silhouette's tone is tight,"Tyral can find us later, so might as well." Not volunteering that she was as good, if not sharper than the Wizard at locating people Silhouette leads Petal onward by the mule's halter. Half to herself and half suggesting Silhouette says out of the corner of her mouth,"Sure would be wonderful to get a view above as the crow does…"

As they progress Sil makes as if she's trying to get a stone out of her boot, hopping and holding her heel up high to pat at it she glances at the wolfen between takes before eventually huffing at the monster hunter,"Can we just fly, already?" As if her desires had long ago been clearly been stated.

Sing -- 42% / 1d100 = 58(Humming a song)
Dance -- 42% / 1d100 = 80 (Keeping a rhythm)
Astronomy & Navigation -- 37% / 1d100 = 88 Not really necessary, since the rivers flow is guide enough.
Area Knowledge (PF Eastern Territory) -- 32% / 1d100 = 56 (For kind of trees out here)
Identify Plants & Fruits -- 62% / 1d100 = 26 (Looking ingredients to make soporific poison.)
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Predat » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:51 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 45 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 83 1d20 = 5

Conditions: Sustain (8 days)

Pre sighs and say quietly, "Sil shut the Abyss up. We have no idea who or what is out here. To be honest though I'm not seeing much of a threat so far. We should save our magic til needed. And don't worry Tyral can take care of himself." I hate being out here with amateurs. Tat seems to move well, but Sil seems to be more of a city-goer. Pre keeps moving towards the city. Never had so many problems finding my way to a city. Found roving wolfen encampments easier than finding this city, a city I've been through many times. Pre keeps moving and keeping his eye out for anything unusual.

Wilderness Survival - 1d100 = 80 / 92% (Looking for anything useful)
Land Navigation - 1d100 = 16 / 79% (Location)
Detect Ambush - 1d100 = 98 / 87% (looking for trouble)
Intelligence - 1d100 = 2 / 77% (anything useful)
Identify Plants & Fruits - 1d100 = 96 / 67% (anything useful, poison or food)
Track Humanoids - 1d100 = 90 / 77% (See what is around)
Track and Trap Animals - 1d100 = 15 / 77%/87% (See what is around)
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 161 / 161


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Silhouette » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:21 pm

(Rolls carried over)



Predat wrote: "Sil shut the Abyss up. We have no idea who or what is out here. To be honest though I'm not seeing much of a threat so far. We should save our magic til needed. And don't worry Tyral can take care of himself."


Silhouette's nose seems to crawl around her face like an angry rat as her mind spins,The…the thing, has barely spoken to her until to only tell her, HER, to shutup?! And calls her mouth an abyss, even! Silhouette's lip lifts at the rebuke readying to give the lizard the fiercest dressing down as she can muster saying,"Ok…" Ok? OK, it's NOT OK! He doesn't tell you what to do, you only let Tyral get away with that! But she couldn't help it, she was scared of that guy as she pushes way the recollection of the assassin's strike, after strike practically pulling him up the side of the dragon for their strength.

Sil's shoulders seem to shrink as she silently fumes, her thoughts continuing to simmer as she conveniently pushes the recollection away, Because… Because… History! Tyral and her had killed necromancer's, demon's, quelled elementals, and set loose a dragon on Llorn! Silently having an argument with herself she mutters,"Save magic, I can do that just fine without being told…" Bobbing her head she mimes at his back,Thank you, very much!
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Predat » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:46 pm

Rolls as above

Pre looks back at her when she starts up again, "Sil . . .", but since she stops he gives her a wink without changing his harsh expression and continues on his way. I guess i should cut her a little slack. I swear that I would think she is a dolt if I didn't see the aftermath of what she did in the tunnels. She'll do in a fight and she is right, the mage shouldn't have gone off by himself. However, Tyral is the leader and it is best to let him run with it rather than get in petty spats. He's earned it. The four of us make a pretty solid crew and I can't say I truly dislike any of them. So far that is better than several of my units in the Brigade. He nods to Tat, "Yes, lets press on."
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 161 / 161


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby EBAH » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:54 pm


Date: 13 May, 345
Time: 0735
Environment: Calm and mild
Location: About 5 miles Southwest of Hadrin's Cove


Tyral
The wolf pack follows the water up stream for a ways. Tyral follows the pack. After a short distance the pack stops. Thought we smelt orcs. The scent is gone now. The wolves start searching in an erratic pattern, trying to pick up the scent again. After a few minutes of searching thoroughly, they continue following the flow of the water. Most of them sticking close the the tree line to help hide the numbers. Their continued search yields nothing further. As they come to the end, the gentle river flows quietly into a lake. Your friends are close. They went this way. Brago heads off in ther ther direction of the others, turning back to make sure Tyral is following.

Predat, Silhouette and Tatyana
The three adventurers continue their search for any signs of the threat. They follow the embankment of the river. It leads them to a lake. Standing near the shore the trio cam see across to the other side. The silhouette of the town can be seen at the far edge. To their right are the telltale signs of a waterfall, which means that they're standing at the mouth of the Jacob river. Weighing their options, they decide to head closer to the falls. A short distance after heading off towards the falls, the notice a stray wolf off in the brush. At first they pay no attention but shortly after Brago appears from the rear. Tyral is seen a moment or two later.





Date: 13 May, 345
Time: 0915
Environment: Calm and mild
Location: About 5 miles Southwest of Hadrin's Cove


Back together again
With the four members reunited again, they converse and exchange information. After realizing that not much has transpired in the last few hours and being so close to town, they decided to resume the way back to the falls. As they get closer they can make out a small trail. In one direction it leads to the falls and the other leading from the lake towards the town. As the stand there, they can hear an approaching pair of footsteps. It's two women coming down the path. Their conversation can be heard before they are seen. "Can you believe that? You think the dominion would have sent a larger force to take care of those orcs. I mean, would they come after the cove? You think they have enough?" The first woman asks. Her voice a little nasally. The second woman answers with a low harsh voice. " Ya', mean the castle up north? Oh yeah, I can believe that. What we need the is the red brigade or the brotherhood. They would make sure those orcs go back to where they came from. Well with the mayor and the way that he's..."

The two woman stop still in their track as they notice the four strangers on the path. The first woman had l ok nf burnet hair and is average build. The other woman was a blond and was much larger. The both of them are carrying a large basket full of mushrooms and other fungi. A scared and panicked look washed over their faces. The heavy set woman is the first to speak. "W.W..W…Who are you guys? You're not supposed to be here. You can get in a lot of trouble for just being on the path with permission. This is only for the Herb Garden and official business only. I'd suggest you make haste and hit the road before your spotted." The four adventurers and the two women expand a bit of information. The two women informing them of the orcs and their position they have taken up. Thay have learned that there is a band of orcs hulled up in a castle on the northside of Hadrin's Cove. Actually getting a solid piece of information for once, they head off northward in search of the castle.





Date: 13 May, 345
Time: 1615
Environment: Calm
Location: North of Hadrin's Cove


After a few hours and a couple of checks with some locals, the two warriors and the two mages are finally getting a real taste of accomplishment. With the sun setting and the days journey, the quartet look for a spot to make camp for the night wild still being concealed from discovery. Fortune smiles upon their head this night as they eventually find a c look couple cave tucked along a hillside just south of the castle. They would have missed it if not for Tatyana's keen nose and the smell mushrooms and moss coming from the back of some of the caves.




What are you next course of actions?


Butcher's Bill:
Pedat:
Silhouette:
Tatyana:
Tyral: -6 PPE
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1087
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:05 am

OOC: Is this Castle located along the River or Grand Canal? (i.e. is it directly imposing the embargo that has prevented trade on the Canal?) If it is along the Canal itself, then it likely has a well known name.

Perception [74%]: 1d100 = 69
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 19
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 21

PPE: 229/235
SDC: 43/43
HP: 54/54

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [6 Days]

===============================

Town Purchase
Okayed by Ebah in IM on 10.05.19.
[4] Field Looking Glass [3x Magnification, 1ft long, 1lb, Eastern Territory Pg. 128]
-800 GP
Now each of us should have one.

Tyral ponders the implications of the women indicating that a force of some kind had been sent to deal with the Orcs, which was a good thing, but it also suggested that the Dominion was aware of the location which was not consistent with Llorn, largest military power in the East being entirely in the dark. He spends ~1 hour after their midday stop to rest the horses meditating in transit [OOC: Should bring him back to full PPE]. Making camp for the evening, Tyral has Brago (and 2 suboordinate wolves) check out the full interior of the caves to make sure nothing is living in there at the back ...

He fishes out a bottle of brandy from his pack and hands it to Predat, "From this spot ... or maybe a bit closer we should be able to count sentries with our Looking-Glasses. Do you want to take a closer look? Tonight around midnight I thought I would fly over the Keep and see what information we could gather ... from there, we can decide whether we can dispatch the leaders and disburse a Horde sufficient to embargo Llorn ... Silhouette? Are you inclined to take flight and dig into a few sentries' thoughts? Get names and info on other locations?"

At the entrance to the Cave (along the hillside south of the castle), Tyral will then draw PPE from his pack of minion Wolves [102 PPE collectively] to cast a series of enchantments; first, Circle of Concealment [-15 PPE], second, Stone to Flesh on a 100lb rock to feed his Pack [-30 PPE], third, at about 3 hours after sundown, Fly as the Eagle [25 PPE, 100', 200 Min, [50 MPH]] on himself and _____ (1 other [25*2 = 50 PPE] unless more want to go for an over-flight to the North (using the night and elevation to allow them to better locate the Castle while hopefully avoiding detection). OOC: The Minion Wolves' PPE can power all of these, so Tyral would still be full PPE.

The Wizard will order his 'Pack' to guard and patrol the are in front of the cave (they have plenty to eat, no need to hunt), and to follow Brago's lead to attack anything that enters the area (or flee if he chooses to).

Astronomy & Navigation 97%: 1d100 = 51 -- (1) Determine distance to Hadrian's Cove,
Astronomy & Navigation 97%: 1d100 = 20 -- (2) Determine distance to the Orc-Castle
Intelligence 84%: 1d100 = 46 -- Overfly the Castle if we can find it, use the Spy-Glass to look for an overall layout, size of the castle (3 story? 4?), existing damage to the castle, estimate number of troops, estimate number of orcs, number of Gates and approaches, look for livestock or warcamps beyond the walls ***

*** Cast Chameleon [-6 PPE, 40 Min], and Invisibility [-6 PPE, 30 Min] before getting within 3000ft to attempt such a fly-over from about 500ft above the walls, and will re-cast to maintain these for as long as needed until he has gathered as much information as possible. The goal being that even if someone were to see something, they couldn't really tell what it was. OOC: These would come from Tyral's own PPE (-12)

Night-Flight
Apparently, "the farthest distance a human eye can detect a candle flame is 2.76 kilometers."
This is at ground level, however from an elevation of ~1,000 feet, a larger fire such as a Torch [used to light ramparts being patrolled, etc.] or Campfires in the area should be visible from even further.



Minion_Wolves
Minion Wolf:
80 lbs, SPD 50
Track by Smell 88%
Smell prey up to 1 Mile away
HP: 21
SDC: 28
PPE: 17
Monsters & Animals Pg 211


BRAGO
Track by Smell (1 Mile) 90% (1 Mile): 1d100 = 14

WOLF PACK
Track by Smell (1 Mile) 88% (1 Mile): 1d100 = 90
Track by Smell (1 Mile) 88% (1 Mile): 1d100 = 82
Track by Smell (1 Mile) 88% (1 Mile): 1d100 = 86
Track by Smell (1 Mile) 88% (1 Mile): 1d100 = 66
Track by Smell (1 Mile) 88% (1 Mile): 1d100 = 47
Track by Smell (1 Mile) 88% (1 Mile): 1d100 = 69
Last edited by Tyral on Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Predat » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:03 am

Perception: 1d100 = 58 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 11 1d20 = 5

Conditions: Sustain (6 days)

Pre takes a look around the outskirts of the cave while the wolves check the interior. Convenient camping spot near this keep. Someone must know about it.

Wilderness Survival - 1d100 = 6 / 92% (Looking for anything useful)
Land Navigation - 1d100 = 47 / 79% (Location)
Detect Ambush - 1d100 = 31 / 87% (looking for trouble)
Intelligence - 1d100 = 88 / 77% (anything useful)
Identify Plants & Fruits - 1d100 = 60 / 67% (anything useful, poison or food)
Track Humanoids - 1d100 = 77 / 77% (See what or who is around)
Track and Trap Animals - 1d100 = 57 / 77%/87% (See what is around)

Tyral wrote:He fishes out a bottle of brandy from his pack and hands it to Predat, "From this spot ... or maybe a bit closer we should be able to count sentries with our Looking-Glasses. Do you want to take a closer look? Tonight around midnight I thought I would fly over the Keep and see what information we could gather ... from there, we can decide whether we can dispatch the leaders and disburse a Horde sufficient to embargo Llorn ... Silhouette? Are you inclined to take flight and dig into a few sentries' thoughts? Get names and info on other locations?"

Pre accepts the bottle and takes a small drag. He nods, "Yes, that is a good idea and an interesting way to gather intel. You know this is my specialty, I can probably sneak in and take a much closer look around. No different than the half a dozen Wolfen war camps," and other secure locations, "I've snuck into and out of. Well there was the one time I had to fight my way out, but that was part of the job. Though a view from above wouldn't hurt either."
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 161 / 161


Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tatyana Singh » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:27 pm

Perception: [57%] 1d100 = 82
JIC: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 20

Conditions: Nightvision: 40 feet, excellent day vision; Keen hearing, equal to a canine; excellent sense of smell, Horror Factor: 12, Sustain [6 Days]

Once the group settlers down for the evening and Tyral hands out his gifts, which Tatyana is very thankful for and says as much to the elf, the Wolfen hunter begins going over the days events in her mind and comes up with a few questions. "I keep wondering what force is going to engage the Orcs,Wolfen? It can't be human, the Llorn army seems completely ignorant of any problem up here and where are all these orcs? none of us have seen any evidence of anything out of the ordinary this entire trip."

Tyral wrote:"From this spot ... or maybe a bit closer we should be able to count sentries with our Looking-Glasses. Do you want to take a closer look? Tonight around midnight I thought I would fly over the Keep and see what information we could gather ... from there, we can decide whether we can dispatch the leaders and disburse a Horde sufficient to embargo Llorn ... Silhouette? Are you inclined to take flight and dig into a few sentries' thoughts? Get names and info on other locations?"


Tatyana's ears literally perk up at the mention of a night flight for intelligence gathering. Another perfect use of being able to fly. she thinks to herself, I can think of a number of times I could have used that ability to save a few lives or destroy an evil more quickly. With a low sign, She replies to Tyral, "If you can use an extra set of eyes, ears and a nose, I'd love to go.

Track blood scent [40%] 1d100 = 44 (Staying alert for a familiar blood scent)
Track familiar scent [36%] 1d100 = 81 (Staying alert for any familiar scents)
Wilderness Survival [75%] 1d100 = 11 (Looking for anything useful)
Intelligence [60%] 1d100 = 90 (Looking for anything useful)
Track Humanoids [50%] 1d100 = 6 (Looking for whomever has been around through lately)
Track & Trap Animals [25%/35%] 1d100 = 52/1d100 = 18 (Looking for whatever has been through here lately)
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 36/36
SDC: 53/53
PPE: 127/127
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: Southern United Kingdom

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Silhouette » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:00 pm

JIC 1d100 = 631d20 = 15
Perc: 63% /1d100 = 58

Before departing the two gossiping women on the mushroom cave trail Silhouette puts on a pleasant face while nodding agreement before the group departs this path,"Those orcs are what we're here from Llorn to settle." Pointing at Tyral she adds,"He's Brotherhood, but what you said, Cove soldiers were sent? Where can we find them…? To give them Llorn's support." That last Sil is patient with them and hopeful as she also asks,"What did the mayor do?"
Later on the road Silhouette with one of Tyral's spyglass has her eye through it both front and backside looking at the terrain, trees, animals, and sky all around with all the concern of a child before supper was ready for the evening. Pointing the spyglass at the elf's head she giggles at the distorted magnification saying,"Matches now! Big headed Tyral!" Lifting and lowering it repeatedly she continues,"Yes, no, just right, too small, aaaaand perfect!" Lowering the glass Silhouette grin all teeth at the elf before examining the tool she says,"Thanks, now we can see what your elf eyes can see!

Tyral wrote:Silhouette? Are you inclined to take flight and dig into a few sentries' thoughts? Get names and info on other locations?"

Predat wrote: "Yes, that is a good idea and an interesting way to gather intel. You know this is my specialty, I can probably sneak in and take a much closer look around.


Nodding slowly Silhouette agrees with Tyral's plan and the green one's addition saying,"Fying over we can get a better view her nodding increasing tempo she continues,"With a night flight we can get right over who we think is in charge…" Her eyes and head roll sideways as she contemplates,"What does an orc leader look like? Shrugging she bounces her shoulders and rocks on her bottom all the while chewing her lip as she talks to herself,Bet they are covered in trophies, finger bones, and beast hides! Well…that would almost be a necromancer's. Hmmm.

Looking to Tyral she confirms with a nod,"Yes, lets do a night over and see how many there are." Silhouette offers some of her own PPE to Tyral to get the spells of flight cast on herself as well as invisibility. Working quickly, Silhouette will use Infrared Vision to get a good picture of the numbers and do a head count as well as on any windows that are lit up for where stone blocks her vision to get a relative number of the orcs, using their body heat to make the counting significantly easier. If Sil sees anyone that looks like leadership, in their own more grandiose accommodations or gets signals that the more military minded in the group can suss out that someone is worth investigating, she will use Telepathy Superior to determine some answers. Even without an easy start such as that she She will do this on some initial orcs to find the leadership and go from there as many required to get a strong picture.

Who is their leader here? Where is his/her quarters? Who directed the orcs here? What is their purpose for being here? Are they making plans with the other orcs around the Eastern Territories? Are they making plans with others beyond the Eastern territories? Do they have spiritual support and or magical support? Where are the quarters for the spiritual support or magical support? What is their greatest weapon against attack, besides the castle?


Most importantly, since she speaks Gobblely, Silhouette will listen to the Orcs themselves every simply likes to talk and gripe about plans in case they self identify important avenues to plum. Keeping an eye out for documents, if these orcs even maintain such records, she will let her companions know to make a plan to steal them.

In addition she will use one of her Foebane enchanted weapons to get a sense of who the Orcs strongest are and where they are located, centralized or dispersed among the castle.

With Telepathy, she will communicate her findings periodically with her allies.

Skills:
Prowl -- 82% / 1d100 = 49
Listening and Awareness -- 34% / 1d100 = 5 (Part of paying attention to the orcs for getting intel if they talk about something important.)
Security Systems -- 37% / 1d100 = 78(Identifying ways in and out that can go undetected and for flaws in their security coverage that can be exploited.)

Lore: Religion -- 37% / 1d100 = 86 (Identifying any religious markings or attire that might influence the Orc's decisions and leadership)
--Sect of Aco & The Juggernaut, Church of Light & Darkness, Dragonwright, Northern Gods, Pantheon of Rurga, Cult of the Old Ones
History -- 42% (5%, Level 2) / 1d100 = 38 (Identifying these orcs origins)
-- Humans, Dwarves, Elves, Wolfen, Coyles, & Orc
Area Knowledge (PF Eastern Territory) -- 32% /1d100 = 77 (The age and reason for this castle being abandoned.)

References:
Telepathy Superior
ISP: 8 (Rifter 25)
Duration: 2mins/lvl; Probe, Range: 100ft + 50ft/lvl; Two-way communication, 200ft + 100ft/lvl.
Sometimes (40% +3% per level chance(Currently 64%)) the character will see or hear parts of memories associated with the thoughts he is reading from the victim. A saving throw should be rolled for each skill/memory/thought that the character tries to read. The character can make one attempt to pull information from the victim for each attack per melee.


Infrared Vision (Adventure Award)
(Level 2 Combat Magic - Mercenary Adventures pg 9)
Range: Self; Visual Range of 500ft (152m)
Duration: 5min per/level
Save: NA
P.P.E. 5(6)
Provides the character with the ability to see heat patterns in the infrared spectrum in a manner identical to mechanical thermal imaging optics. The vision enables the mage to see thermal patterns through thin material like thin walls (wood, S.D.C., brick, drywall, etc.), light body armor and clothing, foliage, most S.D.C. materials under four inches (10 cm) thick and light M.D.C. material (half an inch or less), but is unable to see through more than an inch (2.5 cm) of dirt or a foot (0.3 m) of water or heavy reinforced M.D.C. structures (walls, armor, concrete, etc).
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions: Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:45 am

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD

Tatyana Singh wrote:Tatyana's ears literally perk up at the mention of a night flight for intelligence gathering ... "If you can use an extra set of eyes, ears and a nose, I'd love to go.


"Excellent" nods the Wizard in response and casts Fly as the Eagle on her [100', 200 Min, [50 MPH], PPE deducted above], "That should last about three hours, be careful and don't get too close."

Silhouette wrote:Later on the road Silhouette with one of Tyral's spyglass has her eye through it both front and backside looking at the terrain, trees, animals, and sky all around with all the concern of a child before supper was ready for the evening. Pointing the spyglass at the elf's head she giggles at the distorted magnification saying,"Matches now! Big headed Tyral!" Lifting and lowering it repeatedly she continues,"Yes, no, just right, too small, aaaaand perfect!" Lowering the glass Silhouette grin all teeth at the elf before examining the tool she says,"Thanks, now we can see what your elf eyes can see!


"It is a tool. Your sight is what it is."

Silhouette wrote:Nodding slowly Silhouette agrees with Tyral's plan and the green one's addition saying,"Fying over we can get a better view her nodding increasing tempo she continues,"With a night flight we can get right over who we think is in charge … Bet they are covered in trophies, finger bones, and beast hides! Well…that would almost be a necromancer's. Hmmm.


Tyral will go ahead and cast Fly as the Eagle and Invisibility on Sil using her own energy [200 min. Flight, 30 min. Invisibility as above (-31 PPE)].
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby EBAH » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:41 pm


Date: 13 May, 345
Time: 1630
Environment: Calm
Location: North of Hadrin's Cove


Tyral sends Brago and a few other woles into the cave first, to see if it has any inhabitants. In the meantime, Predat takes a quick moment to scout the immediate area. The cave is just big enough for the four of them plus their animals. Unfortunately there is not enough room for the wolves as well. Predat’s searsch reveals very little. It seems they have found a treasure in the fact that it seems to be undiscovered, by animal or man. The group settles down as they decide on making a night adventure. During their wait, Tyral has some of his minions to keep an eye out for anything. He is able to use the magic energy from the wolves to keep them feed and to help conceal their little hovel. The evening and the first part of the night is dull. A lot of waiting and counting the seconds until they feel the conditions are just right.

Once they feel that it’s time, they gather up what they need and prepare for some night flying. Silhouette, Tatyana and Tyral all take off, flying through the air. Predat remains behind near the caves and animals. They keep low to the tree line to help hide their approach. With limited viability, the trio make their way to the castle at a slow pace. Though much faster than if they were walking. Their first pass around the castle reveals several buildings bunched together to form one large building. The buildings range from a single story to the tallest on at three stories tall. From the distance and the darkness, that can't tell if any of the building go underground. Very few torches and other sources of light can be seen.

On their second go round the three of them move in a bit closer. This time they can make out a few sentries on guard. About six to eight can be made, weather coming in and out of the building or through the windows. The group begins to approach a third time but they can make out that the orcs a getting a bit more on edge, as something has caught their attention. A few more orcs are also noticeable, though the exact number is hard to count. From their mannerisms and actions, one can speculate that they are preparing for a small raid or scouting party. The small group gathers at a safe distance to collect themselves, as the spell Tyral and others have casted are coming to an end or already have expired.




What are you next course of actions?


Butcher's Bill:
Pedat:
Silhouette: - 31 PPE
Tatyana:
Tyral: -12 PPE
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1087
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:55 pm

OOC: Navigation/Distance Rolls not addressed from prior post.

Perception [74%]: 1d100 = 48
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 2
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 96

PPE: 217/235
SDC: 43/43
HP: 54/54

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [5 Days]

===============================

Once more touching down at the Cave, and turns back to the others, "3 Stories at its highest right? ... If my count was right, they had 6, maybe 8 guards on patrol, and they look like they had some activity so they are planning on some kind of scouting party or raid." The Wizard continues to ponder a few things from their flight even as he walks:

Astronomy & Navigation 97%: 1d100 = 76 -- What is the Castle's distance to the nearest River? (and what is the name of the River?)
Astronomy & Navigation 97%: 1d100 = 66 -- What is the Castle's distance to the Canal?
Astronomy & Navigation 97%: 1d100 = 75 -- Is there any apparent natural resource worth defending? or any strategic approach/path that this Castle is en route to?
History 86%: 1d100 = 33 -- Who built this Castle? Does it have a Name?
Intelligence 84%: 1d100 = 51 -- What were the dimensions? (was it built for Humans? Dwarves? Is it Blocky and 'sensible' like a Dwarven fortress (with tiny ass doorways), or graceful and slender like an Elven Manor? Does it look to accommodate beings a Wolfen's height?) How many Gates does it have? Is it situated on a hill with high ground? Can one approach from multiple sides or is there a natural/strategic purpose to its placement that limits an enemy's approach? (is it on a Cliff?) Is it old and run-down, or new?

Waving at the Eandroth, Tyral inquires, "You stayed ground level the whole time, spot anything interesting? We were gone a while. Did you figure out your best approach on that Castle? How many gates are there? Any traffic in or out? Belimar's bollocks I am sick of this crap. It's a damn castle, is there a Road leading up to it? No lights for any towns were visible on our Night-Flight, so apparently some genius dropped this thing in the middle of nowhere? But Castles are huge investments of time, money, and Labor. They are a frakking lot of work. You do not plop one down in the middle of nowhere if there is nothing to defend."

He kicks a rock in frustration which careens bouncing off away from the cave and then turns back to the others, "This whole episode smells like a Hobgoblin's-hindquarters. Predat? If you were leaving that Castle, what would your route be? Maybe we should just go take down the next patrol to come out of there. Take a couple prisoners for questioning. Carve pieces off until we are convinced of their honesty. Whatever info we get, I will fly it back to the Llorn tonight ... Alternatively we could do a 2nd night and just over fly this thing again but start an assault. Fly up 2000ft over the wall and I can start casting Increase-Weight on 10lb stones to drop. By the time they hit the ground, they are 1000lbs and moving at terrifying speed. If we start dropping those through the roofs in the middle of the night, most Orcs would not be anxious to stick around in the 1/2-ton rain, and you can just start picking them off as they flee."

If Predat picks an approach, Tyral will follow the fellow's lead and take his pack of wolves down to set an ambush along the most likely road (if one can be located) at least 2 miles from the Castle so that essentially, the pack of wolves (HF 12, who have had hours to sleep, eat their fill, and recover their PPE) will act as the Many-Fanged tip of a spear to blindside the next band of Orcs (if there are under say say 12), then Predat can launch a 1-man assault while Silhouette, Tatyana, and Tyral act as ranged support. *If it seems useful, perhaps I should strengthen this Pack. Summon up more, and become a Wolf-Lord Beastmaster like those of a thousand years ago. With enough time, I could probably set myself at the head of a 'pack' of 50 or 100 wolves to harry and slash at the supply lines of this Orcish 'threat'. Would require some daily maintenance re-using the pack's own [PPE] energy to bind and re-bind them to my will for days on end, but it could be worth doing ...*

Tyral will direct his Minion-Wolf-Pack to sniff for the signs of recent orc activity and to alert him if they smell signs that there are Orcs approaching.

Minion_Wolves
Minion Wolf:
80 lbs, SPD 50
Track by Smell 88%
Smell prey up to 1 Mile away
HP: 21
SDC: 28
PPE: 17
Monsters & Animals Pg 211


BRAGO
Track by Smell (1 Mile) 90% (1 Mile): 1d100 = 25

WOLF PACK
Track by Smell (1 Mile) 88% (1 Mile): 1d100 = 39
Track by Smell (1 Mile) 88% (1 Mile): 1d100 = 87
Track by Smell (1 Mile) 88% (1 Mile): 1d100 = 87
Track by Smell (1 Mile) 88% (1 Mile): 1d100 = 23
Track by Smell (1 Mile) 88% (1 Mile): 1d100 = 29
Track by Smell (1 Mile) 88% (1 Mile): 1d100 = 14

*** IF Predat does not express an opinion, then after about 3 hours of sleep, Tyral will draw PPE off his wolves again (so he can remain full strength for now) and summon additional reinforcements [Summon & Control Canines (50 P.P.E., 50 hours, 1d4+10 = 13 Wolves/Canines, PFRPG Pg 208)] now that they are in a different area (it has been 2 days travel).
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Previous

Return to Fantasy Adventures

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest