Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Only adventured-related threads are found here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Fox » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:56 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 91 of 42%
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 8
JIC: 1d20 = 13
JIC%: 1d100 = 11

Fox was not doing all that well in general, but manages to find his way. His relatives would not be proud of his wilderness skills.

Fox accepts the food offered, Kankoran may prefer meat but they are omnivores. He discovers, too late, that the fungi are mildly poisonous. He can easily cure this problem, he IS a healer, but perhaps it is better this way, as it makes us seem harmless when Berryann finds us.

Fox notes mentally, Next time, I check the food before eating it.

Fox replies to the trapper (if he sticks around long enough), "A tea to aid our digestion would be welcome, and perhaps we can exchange notes on the healing properties of herbs. However, we were seeking information and were told you are the one most likely to have it."

If he has to wait, he follows the directions to the cabin given, then will say the same.

Land Navigation: 1d100 = 72 of 60%
Last edited by Fox on Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Tolliver Trask » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:44 am

Perception: 1d100 = 68/62%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 17; 1d100 = 52
Conditions: Immune to Fire, Resistant to Cold, Sixth Sense, -1/2 all APM & combat bonuses (sick)

As Trask is at the mercy of stupidity he looks to Thorgrim. "You daft bastard trying to kill us all. From now on keep your food to yourself." Trask says while considering why on earth he would even had tried to eat the shit Thorgrim gave him when he has a literal fortune of food available to him already purchased and for the most part ready to eat.

When Berryann approaches and has his fun. "I'll take your cure." Trask says, not wishing to do anything else until his bowels stop explosively releasing.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Thorgrim » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:49 am

Per (63%. Or 88% to detect weather/environmental hazards and recognize plants, roots, insects for nourishment. Or 78% recognize animal aggression.): 1d100 = 80
JiC: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 16

Conditions: -1/2 all APM & combat bonuses (sick)

Berryman wrote:"If you're here to rob me, I'll save you the embarrassment of killing you with your britches down. I've no gold or fancy things to steal. Though I'd be happy to trade with you, if we have anything of mutual value. Name's Berryann. Cross the stream and find your way to my cabin if you're looking for trade...or maybe a tea to soothe your bellies."


Being caught off guard, the hulking barbarian warrior is overwhelmingly embarrassed, his face turning the color of the setting sun. Well shit what a surprise! Literally shit, and shit soup everywhere! It doesn't help Thor, that has he attempts to smile and halfway nod to Berryman from his half-squat against the wagon, his welcoming gestures are irregularly interrupted by the abnormally loud and exotic sounds of his Herculean bowel movements. Damn it all, I hate being caught like this - with our pants down - literally with our damned pants down!
Trying to save some semblance of dignity, Thorgrim just smiles and nods sheepishly as Berryman leaves them; picking up his britches after he's left.
Once close enough to the stream, Thor will walk over and wash himself off as best as possible.
"Well that was royally embarrassing moment, methinks... the good news is we've found Berryman, or he's found us, rather. I'm taking him up on his offer for a remedy of the 'shits' we've all contracted - thanks to me, no less. Shall we make our way to his cabin?"
Land Navigation (71%): 1d100 = 56 - Navigating towards the cabin (assuming not really needed, as they're very close and received basic directions)
Astronomy and Navigation (53%): 1d100 = 32 - Reinforcing the same as above

Before entering the cabin, or knocking at its door if closed, Thor will assess the immediate surroundings in order to detect if anything is out of the ordinary, appreciative of the coppicing trees in the area.
Wilderness Survival (78%): 1d100 = 35

Once reacquainted with Berryman, Thorgrim will do his best to make up for their first impression. "Berryman, my name is Thorgrim and this is Durak, Trask, and Fox. I'm sure we'd all appreciate a tea to ease our internal pains; your gesture is very generous. You see, it's my fault for selecting a poor choice of nature's bounty for us to eat as we were traveling. I'm quite out of practice, as we've been in Llorn for some time now. We've left Llorn, passed through Neven, and now found ourselves looking for you. Folks in Neven seem to believe you may be the only one in the area with any knowledge of what's been going on with the increase in hostile Orc activity. We're trying to figure out what the source of the problem is and solve it - by any means necessary. So any ways, we have reason to believe there may be some Orc headquarters or dilapidated fort the Orcs may have taken over, generally to the South of Neven, which they have been operating out of. Is there anything you can share?"
Invoke Trust (45%): 1d100 = 12 - trying to gain trust with the stranger, Berryman; and hopefully remove the idea that we're all fools - based on our first impression with him.
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 53/53
S.D.C.: 139/139
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Armor
Leather Of Iron: AR 15
S.D.C.: 110/110


Weapons
Large Iron Shield, Over-sized Claymore, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Durak » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:47 am

Perception 53% 1d100 = 19
JIC 1d20 = 20 1d100 = 95

As Durak ate Thorgrim's offerings, they tasted oily on the way down. Unfortunately, on the way out, it was far less pleasant coming out either end. As he squats in the hole. he glares at Thorgrim.

"This is the last time I take culinary advice from you!"

Trust the natural, what you can feel. Only use magic as last resort. There are days that I really regret that philosophy.

As Berryman appear, Durak groans as his bowels evacuate again. Being caught like this was embarrassing.

Augur wrote: "If you're here to rob me, I'll save you the embarrassment of killing you with your britches down. I've no gold or fancy things to steal. Though I'd be happy to trade with you, if we have anything of mutual value. Name's Berryann. Cross the stream and find your way to my cabin if you're looking for trade...or maybe a tea to soothe your bellies." Without a further word, he's off and out of sight amid the brush and reeds near the stream.


"If you have something to cure these squits, I'm happy to sit and chat. No need for any violence especially if you're the Berryman we are looking for." Durak looks down at the hole that he is squatting over, "not that you catching us at our best."

Durak pulls up his britches and struggles to keep his bowels from reacting long enough to get the cart across the stream and make it to Berryann's cabin if one of the others directs him successfully. Considering their current predicament, it would not surprise him if it went wrong.

Provided that they make it to the cabin and offered tea that soothes their bellies, Durak becomes calm again and will happily pay a reasonable price if requested for the tea.

"As my companions have said, we understand that you might be able to assist us further with regards the orc problem, though I am not adverse to seeing your wares as well

OOC Comments
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 30%1d100 = 6 gain Berryann's trust
If any goods are offered
Appraise Goods 61% 1d100 = 93
Bartering 56% (+5%) 1d100 = 65
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Augur » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:39 pm

Conditions:
Date: 11 May, 345
Time: 1915 (night)
Environment: Cool evening, light north-to-south breeze
Location: A day's ride south of Neven

Intel
Image


Before entering the cabin, Thor assesses the area. Inside a bit of natural undergrowth there's a double ring of coppiced trees. Inside the double ring is a small clearing within which is a sturdy wattle & daub lodge with a thatch roof. The door to the lodge is open, and a light plume of barely visible smoke emanates from a hole in the roof. That smoke is captured by the canopy of trees which cloak the lodge. Inside, the trapper is squating beside and tending a fire. He doesn't look up. There's an A-frame set up over the fire with a trio of clay pots hanging from finely made leather thong supports within which the pots are suspended over the low fire.

Thorgrim does his best to make up for the group's first impression. "Berryman, my name is Thorgrim and this is Durak, Trask, and Fox. I'm sure we'd all appreciate a tea to ease our internal pains; your gesture is very generous. You see, it's my fault for selecting a poor choice of nature's bounty for us to eat as we were traveling. I'm quite out of practice, as we've been in Llorn for some time now. We've left Llorn, passed through Neven, and now found ourselves looking for you. Folks in Neven seem to believe you may be the only one in the area with any knowledge of what's been going on with the increase in hostile Orc activity. We're trying to figure out what the source of the problem is and solve it - by any means necessary. So any ways, we have reason to believe there may be some Orc headquarters or dilapidated fort the Orcs may have taken over, generally to the South of Neven, which they have been operating out of. Is there anything you can share?"

"The name's Berryann. No 'M.' Now, if you're done talking, I've a pot of strong peppermint tea that should settle your stomachs. Based on what I heard, I'm guessing you ate what you thought was grubs. Well, they ain't. Nor normal ones anyway. Those're toxic. Them grubs belong to a wood-boring, stinging insect that even the birds won't eat. Though there's a kind of weasel-like critter in these parts what attacks 'em like they're honeyed biscuits."

Dural adds. "As my companions have said, we understand that you might be able to assist us further with regards the orc problem, though I am not adverse to seeing your wares as well."

Berryann scowls ever so slightly. "First, the tea. I'll not have you shitting in my sanctuary." Opening a chest against one wall, he extracts five wooden cups. He walks over to the fire, tips over one of the three pots into each of the four cups, and hands one to each person present. He then tips the middle pot into the remaining cup, filling it with a thick, chuncky stew by the looks of it. He gestures to the floor around the fire for the group to have a seat, then pulls over the one stool in the shack for himself and sits for a few minutes watching the group drink their tea as he slowly slurps down his stew.

The trapper finally speaks up. "All I know of orcs is to steer well clear of them if they're running in packs--as they usually are. Singly, they tend to be a cowardly lot if you stand up to their bully and bluster. And leaderless--they're less than useless. I've seen some of late in the area. They've even sent raiding parts at Neven on occasion, but mostly they stay clear of the town, why I'm not sure. You mentioned a fort? Well, there's the ruins of one about a day's ride to the west of here. Other than that, there's the stone tower line which marks the Old Kingdom, but that's a few days due South." He finishes off his stew, wiping the inside of the cup with one finger and sucking that clean as well. Standing up, he belches, rinses the cup out in a bucket of water he has nearby, then sits back down. "As to trade, I dunno what you might want, but I'm in want of flour and maybe some other similar stuff I'd normally get in Neven. If'n you could save me the trip, I'd be happy to see what I have to trade for such. Had me a fancy for venison gravy over biscuits for some days now. Got me some venison curing, but I'll be damned if I'm outta flour to make biscuits."

Each of the group finds their stomachs settled after a little while of slowly sipping the strong tea. Outside, the sun has finally dipped well below the horizon and a blanket of utter black is settling itself across the streams, trees, and rolling hills of this rugged, wild land.

What are your intentions?

GM Note: You're in the wilds on your own now, so make sure to include land navigation rolls & anything else you think wise--and specify to what ends the skills are being applied.

Butcher's Bill
Durak:
Fox:
Thorgrim:
Trask:
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Fox » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:02 am

Perception: 1d100 = 2 of 42%
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 8
JIC: 1d20 = 14
JIC%: 1d100 = 41

Identify plants and fruits 1d100 = 5 of 65%
Holistic Medicine 1d100 = 16 of 65%
Recognize familiar scent 1d100 = 71 of 32%
Brewing 1d100 = 56 of 70%

Fox carefully observes what goes into the tea. He will ask questions about using alternate herbs and other uses for the tea.

Fox notes, "If the larvae are only a local problem, then outsiders can not be faulted for failing to know about them."

To himself, he adds, I will still make certain to check out our food in the future, I could have been able to smell that the grubs were wrong.

He will say, "One of the orcs, whom we captured and questioned when we set off an ambush near Llorn, pointed us to a ruin near here as their local base of operations. We need to check it out. The ruins a day's ride west are likely the ones we seek. Any help you can give us in finding they will be appreciated."

Hopefully, he will have a detailed local map, but if not any description of landmarks to help us find our way would help.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Tolliver Trask » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:20 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 79/62%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 4; 1d100 = 7
Conditions: Immune to Fire, Resistant to Cold, Sixth Sense.

Land Navigation 1d100 = 20/42% Pass (To guess which tower Berryann mentioned is the likely tower the group seeks.)
Bartering 1d100 = 89/30% Fail (To get the best possible deal for his flour)

Trask is quiet while e drinks the tea, he's still fuming at both his own stupidity for eating what Thorgrim gave him, and at Thorgrim for trying to kill him, even accidentally. Stupid of me, durn fool. Doesn't have the the common sense gods gave a donkey. Once Trask's stomach has settled and Berryann tells his info, Trask shakes his head and thinks for a few minutes.

When Fox speaks up Trask shakes his head. "Sure of that are you? So you're saying that the tower is ten days walk from Llorn." Trask says hoping to chide his companion from rash thinking. "Those Old Kingdom towers are likely half abandoned as well, and if my directions are correct might possibly be a viable option."

Trask looks to Berryann. "So the Orc's seem to shy away from Neven, but are practically on the doorstep of Llorn, now that doesn't make a lick of sense at all. Nothing about the past few months has made a lick of sense and I'm rightly annoyed all told." Trask finishes a bit angrily before sighing and slumping his shoulders.

"I have some flour I'm willing to trade, came to me for a steep price, so I'll not let it go cheap. What are you willing to offer for it?" Trask says to Berryann.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Fox » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:42 am

(Rolls Held over)
Fox responds, "The orc also said it was only a few hours south of the Canal, it can not be the southern tower, they are a day or two south of that. Assuming, of course, he was telling the truth."

Fox notes to himself, Not that I have any means to detect whether or not the truth is being told to me.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Durak » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:10 pm

Perception 53% 1d100 = 9
JIC 1d100 = 55 1d20 = 7

Conditions: -1/2 all APM & combat bonuses (sick)

Durak sips his tea and feels his bowels slowly become normal again.
Thank Thoth for that. Any longer and I'd be looking like a gnome and just as useless. When we set off tomorrow

Augur wrote:The trapper finally speaks up. "All I know of orcs is to steer well clear of them if they're running in packs--as they usually are. Singly, they tend to be a cowardly lot if you stand up to their bully and bluster. And leaderless--they're less than useless. I've seen some of late in the area. They've even sent raiding parts at Neven on occasion, but mostly they stay clear of the town, why I'm not sure. You mentioned a fort? Well, there's the ruins of one about a day's ride to the west of here. Other than that, there's the stone tower line which marks the Old Kingdom, but that's a few days due South." He finishes off his stew, wiping the inside of the cup with one finger and sucking that clean as well. Standing up, he belches, rinses the cup out in a bucket of water he has nearby, then sits back down. "As to trade, I dunno what you might want, but I'm in want of flour and maybe some other similar stuff I'd normally get in Neven. If'n you could save me the trip, I'd be happy to see what I have to trade for such. Had me a fancy for venison gravy over biscuits for some days now. Got me some venison curing, but I'll be damned if I'm outta flour to make biscuits."


If Berryann offers Trask something for the flour, Durak tries to helps Trask get the best deal he can.

OOC Comments
Appraise Goods 61% (5%) 1d100 = 45
Bartering 56% (+5%) 1d100 = 88


Fox wrote:Fox responds, "The orc also said it was only a few hours south of the Canal, it can not be the southern tower, they are a day or two south of that. Assuming, of course, he was telling the truth."


"This of course depends on if you have plotted the location exactly. Considering the quality of many of the maps I've seen, not worth anything apart from to wipe my arse with. The exact location of these places I would take with a pinch of salt from a map. More inclined to trust the eyes when finding the exact location." Durak offers his opinion, as he strokes his beard, "you were also interrogating him. May not have been as accurate under duress."

"Afterwards, would you object if we stayed here for the night?" Durak inquired, "we'd be out of your beard in the morning
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Thorgrim » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:26 am

Per (63%. Or 88% to detect weather/environmental hazards and recognize plants, roots, insects for nourishment. Or 78% recognize animal aggression.): 1d100 = 46
JiC: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 38

Durak wrote:"This of course depends on if you have plotted the location exactly. Considering the quality of many of the maps I've seen, not worth anything apart from to wipe my arse with. The exact location of these places I would take with a pinch of salt from a map. More inclined to trust the eyes when finding the exact location."


Thorgrim absently continues to sip the tea as he listens to the conversation, ever grateful of the relief which it has provided to his bowels.
Belimar's stones, what a relief... He sighs before chiming in.
"It seems as though we're at a loss, with the info from our captured orc telling us one thing, but Berryan's subject-matter-expertise telling us another. I think we've heard enough that we should just go find out for ourselves, eh? Berryan, would you mind if we stay the night - tomorrow we could head out towards the tower ruins."
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 53/53
S.D.C.: 139/139
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Armor
Leather Of Iron: AR 15
S.D.C.: 110/110


Weapons
Large Iron Shield, Over-sized Claymore, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Augur » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:42 am

Conditions:
Date: 11 May, 345
Time: 2000 (night)
Environment: Cool evening, light north-to-south breeze
Location: A day's ride south of Neven

Intel
Image


Fox says, "One of the orcs, whom we captured and questioned when we set off an ambush near Llorn, pointed us to a ruin near here as their local base of operations. We need to check it out. The ruins a day's ride west are likely the ones we seek. Any help you can give us in finding they will be appreciated."

Trask shakes his head. "Sure of that are you? So you're saying that the tower is ten days walk from Llorn." Trask says hoping to chide his companion from rash thinking. "Those Old Kingdom towers are likely half abandoned as well, and if my directions are correct might possibly be a viable option."

Fox responds, "The orc also said it was only a few hours south of the Canal, it can not be the southern tower, they are a day or two south of that. Assuming, of course, he was telling the truth."

Durak adds, "This of course depends on if you have plotted the location exactly. Considering the quality of many of the maps I've seen, not worth anything apart from to wipe my arse with. The exact location of these places I would take with a pinch of salt from a map. More inclined to trust the eyes when finding the exact location." Durak offers his opinion, as he strokes his beard, "you were also interrogating him. May not have been as accurate under duress."

Trask looks to Berryann. "So the Orcs seem to shy away from Neven, but are practically on the doorstep of Llorn, now that doesn't make a lick of sense at all. Nothing about the past few months has made a lick of sense and I'm rightly annoyed all told." Trask finishes a bit angrily before sighing and slumping his shoulders.

Berryann shakes his head. "I can't speak to Llorn, haven't been up that way since long before these troubles began. I have noticed an increase in game in the area though, so it could very well be that some force is driving game out of the Howling Lands and steppes of the Old Kingdom and into these lowlands; the orcs might be that force, or they might be following the game, or they might be emigrating for the same reason."

"It seems as though we're at a loss, with the info from our captured orc telling us one thing, but Berryan's subject matter expertise telling us another. I think we've heard enough that we should just go find out for ourselves, eh?"

Berryann nods, "I've always put greater stock in what my own senses can tell me than the theories of others as well. Know how to be quiet and listen, and the land can tell you a great deal."

"I have some flour I'm willing to trade, came to me for a steep price, so I'll not let it go cheap. What are you willing to offer for it?" Trask says to Berryann.

Berryann clarifies, "I'd be content with a few pounds of flour, maybe up to ten pounds to get me through the winter. I have all sort of handicraft about: some spare snares; a few fishing rods and nets; a fine, sturdy bow; and even a staff I've managed to hew from a strange wood I traded for some seasons back...it's not fancy, but I'll be damned if it's not tougher than oak."

"Afterwards, would you object if we stayed here for the night?" Durak inquires, "we'd be out of your beard in the morning."

Thorgrim echoes Durak's request. "Berryan, would you mind if we stay the night - tomorrow we could head out towards the tower ruins."

Berryann nods gruffly. "There's no room in here, but the clearing just outside will be fine, and relatively safe. The coppicing has made all but the entry path a virtual wall of wood. If you light a fire, keep it low and only use very dry wood to keep smoke to a minimum. No need to attract the attention of orcs or beasts in the night should any be about." The four companions camp just outside the shack, and settle in for a good rest after a long day.


Conditions:
Date: 12 May, 345
Time: 0600 (dawn)
Environment: Cool evening, light north-to-south breeze
Location: A day's ride south of Neven

Intel
Image


The first rays of sunlight begin to dapple the the interior of the clearing, and Berryann's quiet morning noises and ablutions wake the companions from their sleep. It's dawn, and a new day greets them. Their bellies are rumbling, but thanks to Berryann's mint tea, their bowels are quiet.

What are your intentions?

GM Note: You're in the wilds on your own now, so make sure to include land navigation rolls & anything else you think wise--and specify to what ends the skills are being applied.

Butcher's Bill
Durak:
Fox:
Thorgrim:
Trask:
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Fox » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:47 am

Perception: 1d100 = 18 of 42%
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 5
JIC: 1d20 = 8
JIC%: 1d100 = 74

Fox says, "It makes more sense to check out the nearby tower first, the ones further south will take longer to reach and if we do not find what we seek in the closer tower they are not much farther from there than from here."

Fox will follow Berryanne's instructions on finding the closer ruin, keeping alert for any signs of Orcs, and for useful things as well.

Identify Plants and Fruits 1d100 = 87 of 65% (To find useful plants for food of healing)
Wilderness Survival 1d100 = 29 of 60% (To look for food, and for signs of other foragers)
Land Navigation 1d100 = 38 of 60% (To find our way)
Recognize Familiar Scent 1d100 = 44 of 32% (I am assuming a general Orc scent would be counted as familiar)
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Tolliver Trask » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:20 am

Perception: 1d100 = 97/62%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 3; 1d100 = 4
Conditions: Immune to Fire, Resistant to Cold, Sixth Sense.

Skills:
Land Navigation 1d100 = 26/42% Pass (To keep from being lost, while trekking towards the tower.)
Wilderness Survival 1d100 = 84/65% Fail (To avoid natural hazards that may come up.)
Detect Ambush 1d100 = 66/55% Fail (To Identify possible ambushes on the trip there.)
Detect Concealment & Traps 1d100 = 97/50% Fail (To Identify any concealed traps or concealed things in general on the trip)
Cook 1d100 = 14/55% Pass (For Trask to cook himself breakfast from his personal supplies.)

Trask awakens in the we early hours the normal aches and pains of his advanced age letting him know he is still alive. Another day to spread the blessings of Utu upon the world. Trask thinks as he gathers up the strength to rise and starts slowly crawling out from the warm confines of his bedroll. Trask groans as he gets to his feet and reaches for his waterskin to wash the taste of yesterday from his mouth. Trask takes a few long moments to work his boots on, before grabbing his gambeson and pulling it over his linen under shirt. Trask looks towards Garrick and gingerly walks to his longtime companion the general pains of a rough life making movement a bit more difficult in the morning.

"Hello old friend, sleep well?" Trask says as he pulls a portion of animal feed from the packs and fills Garrick's feed bag. "This should make you happy." Trask says softly as he loops the strap of the bag over Garrick's head and secures it. Once Trask is done caring for his mule, he looks to caring for his own self, pulling out his own cook wear and a few supplies for a filling breakfast. Over a small cook fire Trask prepares eggs, sausage, and flour made into ash cakes. Once the food is prepared, Trask eats while quietly contemplating what may happen in the near future. Once his food is gone, Trask washes it down with another cup of water.

Breakfast done, Trask works on getting himself geared up and loading the packs onto Garrick's back. All prepared to go, Trask looks to the group.

Fox wrote:"It makes more sense to check out the nearby tower first, the ones further south will take longer to reach and if we do not find what we seek in the closer tower they are not much farther from there than from here."


Trask nods. "Makes sense. We should be on our way so as to not arrive there at night." Trask adds.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Durak » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:02 am

perception 53% 1d100 = 37
JIC 1d100 = 27 1d20 = 7

OOC Comments
conditions
Sustain
Require no food, water, or breath, need only 2 hours of sleep/night. Can survive almost all environmental conditions
Duration: 5 days


Durak awakes to find Berryann's tea had done its work and his body feels back to normal. Excellent, the squits have gone. Time to get out of here.

He thanks Berryann for his hospitality before coming back out to see Trask talking with his donkey and cooking his own breakfast. He reaches for one of the talismans on his person and activates the sustain spell. That will last me a while. Saves with the cooking.

Tolliver Trask wrote:Trask nods. "Makes sense. We should be on our way so as to not arrive there at night." Trask adds.


"In which case," Durak calls over from where he is gathering up his camping gear, "let me get the cart ready and we can be underway." Placing his gear in the back of the cart, he readies it to go and clambers up to the front to drive.


Detect Concealment & Traps 66% 1d100 = 69 to spot hidden things as required
Teamster 51% (5%, 1st level) 1d100 = 29 to drive the cart safely if there is any trouble
Wilderness Survival 36% (+5%)1d100 = 99 make sure anything Thorgrim gives him won't cause upset bowels again
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Thorgrim » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:01 pm

Per (63%. Or 88% to detect weather/environmental hazards and recognize plants, roots, insects for nourishment. Or 78% recognize animal aggression.): 1d100 = 12
JiC: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 92

Fox wrote:"It makes more sense to check out the nearby tower first, the ones further south will take longer to reach and if we do not find what we seek in the closer tower they are not much farther from there than from here."

Thorgrim scratches his head as he tries to make sense of his companion's long-winded proposal, "Uh, agreed Fox. Closer tower is good for now. Farther tower is bad."
I think we think the same thing, and probably agree with each other a lot of the time... he just sounds different, methinks. Maybe because he's a Kankoran.

Thorgrim smells Trask's cooking and he salivates, ever so slightly smells like good food to start the day. The Barbarian warrior rummages through the saddlebags sitting atop Bill his workhorse. He retrieves some Oats, which he first feeds to Bill before snagging a days worth of rations to consume and a quarter pound of his jerked beef. The beef jerky makes the rations tolerable I suppose...

Durak wrote:"let me get the cart ready and we can be underway."

Thorgrim nods to Durak as he finishes feeding Bill, he hands Durak a strip of jerky as he steps back from the car, "She's all yours, master Dwarf. Some jerky for your troubles?"

Thorgrim ensures the a comfortable fitting for his leather of iron, and drapes on his cloak of shadows over the armor. We can't be too careful.

As they start their long trek, he remarks, "Should we have reason to believe we're close to danger or that something of interest or concern is near... we should keep the cart back - I'm game to sneak ahead if anyone else is, and figure out what's going on."

Identify Plants & Fruits (43%): 1d100 = 40 (in addition to perception roll related to this, Thor looks for food along the way, storing anything in abundance as a snack/meal for later)
Identify Plants & Fruits (43%): 1d100 = 43 (Thor takes a second attempt to ensure whatever he grabs does in-fact appear to be safe for consumption... Thor will take a couple test bites before deciding to keep or share it. He doesn't want to give everyone the shits again)
Save vs Non-lethal Poison: 1d20+8 = 12 (vs food poisoning again...)
Save vs Lethal Poison: 1d20+8 = 21 (vs food poisoning again...)

Land Navigation (71%): 1d100 = 2 (Navigate towards the supposed first tower location)
Astronomy and Navigation (53%): 1d100 = 53 (same in reinforcing Land Nav, and determines how long it will take them to get there, and estimates what time they may arrive by)

Wilderness Survival (78%): 1d100 = 33 (observes for anything out of the ordinary, and keeps an eye out for signs of Orc movement and activity)
Prowl (58% + 20% cloak of shadows = 78%): 1d100 = 13 (Sneaks ahead to investigate signs of danger or concern, or sneaks further away into the woods if it appears they party may have an approaching encounter)
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 53/53
S.D.C.: 139/139
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Armor
Leather Of Iron: AR 15
S.D.C.: 110/110


Weapons
Large Iron Shield, Over-sized Claymore, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Augur » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:28 pm

Conditions:
Date: 12 May, 345
Time: 0600 (dawn)
Environment: Cool evening, light north-to-south breeze
Location: A day's ride south of Neven

Intel
Image

Trask trades 10 pounds of flour for the unusual wooden staff. The staff is indeed finely made with an intricate pattern carved the length of it and with an exotically shaped head. The staff is incredibly heavy even for its six feet in length, so must be nearly as dense and tough as steel. Trask surmises that an incredibly strong person would likely pay handsomely for such a weapon. (10 lbs. of flour deducted from equipment)
Unusual wooden staff
Code: Select all
[b]Stonewood Long Staff[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/07/15/20170715090650-38ae7cda.png[/img]
[size=85][list][*]Range: Close Combat
[*]Damage: 4D4
[*]Weight: 14 lbs.
[*]Features: Stonewood, 6' in length, 100 S.D.C.
[*]Modifiers: P.S. 22 or less: -3 to strike, -3 to parry
[*]Book Reference: p.59, PFRPG WB13[/list][/size]



Conditions:
Date: 12 May, 345
Time: 1900 (it will soon be dusk)
Environment: Cool evening, light east to west breeze
Location: Llornish Lowlands; two day's ride west-southwest of Neven

Intel
Image

The group travels at a consistent pace for much of the way. Passing over countless lowland hills, fording streams, finding paths through or around pockets of scattered forest, and avoiding any terrain so rough or broken that it could damage the wheels of the cart. Coordinating their efforts, they're able to stay well on track despite the less than straight path nature provides to their destination. During the heat of the day they rest and water their beasts and themselves at a nearby stream and notice a trio of heavy boot tracks in the sand which look fresh. Given the size and apparent weight of the people who made the tracks, the group surmises them to be from orcs and proceed with greater caution on the last leg of their travel.

Three hours later it's almost dusk when a bit of smoke on the horizon gives the group cause to be cautious, so they stow their wagon and beasts in the shade of a large copse of trees about a mile short of the hill which obscures the source of the smoke. Having secured their baggage, they make their way to the crest of the hill and spot the source of the smoke. There's a stone tower of about twenty feet in height attached to a small structure about half that height by a wall, and a large structure of comparable height which stands separate from them both. There are wooden palisades between the structures and a gate between the tower and the truncated remains of a wall connected to the large structure. These all create a defensive enclosure within which the orcs visible are safe from attack. There are a number of smaller, unconnected, defensive palisades beyond this ad-hoc stronghold. The tower is on the west side of the encampment and manned by a pair of orcs with their usual rough, heavy bows. The gate is just south of the tower; it's guarded by another pair of orcs. The small structure is on the north side of the encampment. The large structure is on the southeast corner of the encampment. There are a number of tents pitched inside the encampment, and outside these a number of small cook fires surrounded by orcs--the source of the light smoke. Fox can't smell the Orcs or their campfires, and notes that the orcs are downwind of their current position on the hilltop. Around the encampment are scattered trees and rough, broken terrain in all directions. A number of tree stumps provide evidence that these orcs have created those palisades from the surrounding trees. Between Thorgrim, Durak, Trask, and Fox, they figure approaching the encampment should not be difficult at night, or even during the day if done with great caution, but with the tents and enclosed structures, and the coming and going of the orcs, it's hard to pin down their exact number beyond more than a dozen, but probably less than a couple dozen. The whole stronghold looks very much to be ruins which the orcs have made into a viable, if makeshift, stronghold through a great deal of effort.

Image

What are your intentions?

GM Notes:
  • One charge deducted from Durak's sustain talisman.
  • Please, everyone deduct 1 day's food from your gear (save for Durak).
  • If you wish to scout the encampment further, please specify how, and from which direction (North, East, South, West, etc.) you wish to do so.
    • If you do, I will provide a visual map of the camp beyond text description.


Butcher's Bill
Durak:
Fox:
Thorgrim:
Trask:
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Fox » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:59 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 38 of 39%
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 11
JIC: 1d20 = 17
JIC%: 1d100 = 45

Fox gestures for the others to back down the slope and addresses them, "Orcs are not Wolfen, but they may have creatures with them, such as dogs, that are not nose dead, and the wind is carrying our scent towards the camp down there. We need a good place, somewhere that I could shoot down at them and not easily be threatened. If we have such a place, then I might be able to pick them all off with my ancient elven bow. If we could take that tower without an alarm being raised, that would be a good choice."

Military things are not his forte, but he knows his bow can fire great distances and do great damage.

Fox tells himself, You are not the best of the tribe in survival skills, but you do have the training all cubs get. Use what you can do to help.

Biology: Invalid dice code! of 70% - To get a general notion of Orc weaknesses
Climbing: Invalid dice code! of 50% - To figure out ways to climb into the fort or the watchtower
Cooking: Invalid dice code! of 60% - To figure out what amounts and kinds of supplies they will need
Dowsing: Invalid dice code! of 30% - To locate their water supplies
Holistic Medicine: Invalid dice code! of 75% - To get a general idea of the health and condition of the enemy
Holistic Medicine: Invalid dice code! of 75% - To figure out what could most easily render the enemy helpless
Identify Plants and Fruits: Invalid dice code! of 65% - To find food for us
Identify Plants and Fruits: Invalid dice code! of 65% - To find something that can poison or weaken the Orcs
Land Navigation: Invalid dice code! of 60% - To figure out the best approaches to the encampment and tower
Language: Gobbley Invalid dice code! of 98%* - To understand anything overheard
Prowl Invalid dice code! od 50% - To avoid being noticed by the Orcs
Rope Use: Invalid dice code! of 50% - to figure out how any ropes he sees in the camp are being used
Rope Use: Invalid dice code! of 50% - to see if he could cause any havoc by using ropes
Wilderness Survival Invalid dice code! - Additional checks for usable food.

He comments to Trask, "It does seem odd, the extra height would have made for a better watchtower. Perhaps the stone of the hill is flawed and unable to support the weight?"

Augur Edit: I forgot that deleting one post invalidates the dice rolls of a quoted post. The only substantive fail was Fox's Prowl skill check. Edit your posts instead of posting new ones when it's just stuff you intended to post originally. Edits are always fine up until the GM post placard goes up.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Durak » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:44 pm

Perception: 53% 1d100 = 4
JIC 1d100 = 2 1d20 = 20

Conditions
OOC Comments
Sustain - Require no food, water, or breath, need only 2 hours of sleep/night. Can survive almost all environmental conditions - day 2 of 5


Durak brings the cart to a halt as they find their destination marked by smoke. He stows the cart and makes an effort to conceal the cart and donkey, though not so much that any effort of searching would not be successful. Let's not make it easy for people to find the cart
OOC Comments
No concealment skill



As they move up the hill and see the encampment, Durak lays down on the ground and motions for the others to join him.

"We should observe them first," he says, trying to look closely at the repairs, "certainly organised enough to have a camp capable of holding off militia units. he strokes his beard as he looks, "Only a small group for all the trouble they have been causing, but certainly far too many to deal with in one go. I wonder if this is their full strength or there more raiding parties like the one you three encountered out there?"

As Fox beckons them back down the hill, Durak shuffles down to them, trying to make sure to not attract attention.

Fox wrote:Orcs are not Wolfen, but they may have creatures with them, such as dogs, that are not nose dead, and the wind is carrying our scent towards the camp down there. We need a good place, somewhere that I could shoot down at them and not easily be threatened. If we have such a place, then I might be able to pick them all off with my ancient elven bow. If we could take that tower without an alarm being raised, that would be a good choice."


Durak pulls out his book of paper and quill and ink. "Before we attack, we should scout their defenses first. Find their weak spots and exploit those rather than a headlong assault, which would be very bloody for us."

OOC Comments
Language: Gobblely 71% 1d100 = 5 - listening to any shouting and deciphering
Language: Native (Dwarven) 129% (+5%) 1d100 = 55 - if they happen to use these languages
Language: Human: Eastern 71% - 1d100 = 94
Prowl 66% - 1d100 = 13 if we have to sneak around
Intelligence 44% 1d100 = 54 - piece together their movements and extrapolate
Masonry 66% (+5%) 1d100 = 7 evaluating the work done on the encampment and looking for weaknesses
Carpentry 61% (+5%) 1d100 = 56 evaluating the work done on the encampment and looking for weaknesses
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Tolliver Trask » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:44 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 83/62%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 11; 1d100 = 32
Conditions: Immune to Fire, Resistant to Cold, Sixth Sense.



Powers Activated:
Night Vision (4 I.S.P.; Duration: 60 minutes, Range: 600'.)



Skills:
Climb/Scale Walls 1d100 = 52/80% or 75% (Making a educated guess at how hard it would be to climb the walls of the camp.)
Detect Ambush 1d100 = 58/55% (To see if anyone is preparing to ambush us.)
Detect Concealment & Traps 1d100 = 81/50% (To see if there is anything concealed on the approach)
Prowl 1d100 = 49/50% (To keep hidden)
Land Navigation 1d100 = 46/42% (To map out the safest route to the Camp)
Additional Perception: 1d100 = 17/62% (To listen for signs of guard animals in the camp.)
Language: Other: Gobbely 1d100 = 44/65% (To translate any Orc speech he may overhear.)



Fox wrote:"Orcs are not Wolfen, but they may have creatures with them, such as dogs, that are not nose dead, and the wind is carrying our scent towards the camp down there. We need a good place, somewhere that I could shoot down at them and not easily be threatened. If we have such a place, then I might be able to pick them all off with my ancient elven bow. If we could take that tower without an alarm being raised, that would be a good choice."


Trask nods. "You're options are really the tower or the roof of one of those buildings. I guess this hill, if they come charging us." Trask affirms by what he can see below. "Strange that who ever built the tower originally built over there instead of on the tallest point." Trask muses aloud.

Durak wrote:"We should observe them first," he says, trying to look closely at the repairs, "certainly organised enough to have a camp capable of holding off militia units. he strokes his beard as he looks, "Only a small group for all the trouble they have been causing, but certainly far too many to deal with in one go. I wonder if this is their full strength or there more raiding parties like the one you three encountered out there?"


Trask again nods. "Agreed, we should give it another day, get a better count on their numbers, and see if they have any outriders currently out." Trask says quietly to the group. "We should do shifts and get plenty of rest." Trask says, dredging up decades of experience.

Durak wrote:"Before we attack, we should scout their defenses first. Find their weak spots and exploit those rather than a headlong assault, which would be very bloody for us."


Once again Trask nods. "Spoken like a true Sapper. Definitely something we should do, especially if we find them to inattentive." Trask says in response.

Trask will spend his time watching the camp, making notes on basic descriptors of the Orcs he see's in hope of differentiating them from each other as to get a better count of their numbers. Trask also looks for traps in the approach and listens for the possibility of dogs.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Thorgrim » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:31 pm

Per (63%. Or 88% to detect weather/environmental hazards and recognize plants, roots, insects for nourishment. Or 78% recognize animal aggression.):1d100 = 58
JiC: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 34

Thorgrim offers to head back and keep a 'first watch' on their cart... I'm glad we're not rushing into this. Wise to keep watch on this place... find out what vulnerabilities may turn up. As he leaves the others he offers, "Perhaps no more than another one to two days of reconnaissance here, methinks. Let's see what we can learn before we do anything too hasty, eh?"

Land Navigation (71%): 1d100 = 65 (Identifies where they actually are and helps mark it on Fox's map. Identifies all routes in and out of the fortress location.)
Astronomy and Navigation (53%): 1d100 = 63 (Identifies all routes in and out of the fortress location.)
Climbing (83%): 1d100 = 6 (Scales any vertical obstacles he has to in order to scout/infiltrate)
Swimming (83%): 1d100 = 23 (Swims any water obstacles he has to in order to scout/infiltrate)
Prowl (58% + 20% cloak of shadows = 78%): 1d100 = 69 (Avoids detection)

Dowsing (48%): 1d100 = 12 (identify a water source for he and his companions to use. Identify the water source which the Orcs are using)
Fishing (53%): 1d100 = 46 (If he identifies a spot to fish he'll see if he can catch anything to eat or for later use)
Wilderness Survival (78%): 1d100 = 71 (observes for anything out of the ordinary, and keeps an eye out for signs of Orc movement and activity)
Identify Plants & Fruits (43%): 1d100 = 24 (in addition to perception roll related to this, Thor looks for food, storing anything in abundance as a snack/meal for later)
Identify Plants & Fruits (43%): 1d100 = 32 (Thor takes a second attempt to ensure whatever he grabs does in-fact appear to be safe for consumption... Thor will take a couple test bites before deciding to keep or share it. He doesn't want to give everyone the shits again)
Save vs Non-lethal Poison: 1d20+8 = 28 (vs food poisoning again...)
Save vs Lethal Poison: 1d20+8 = 28 (vs food poisoning again...)
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 53/53
S.D.C.: 139/139
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Armor
Leather Of Iron: AR 15
S.D.C.: 110/110


Weapons
Large Iron Shield, Over-sized Claymore, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Augur » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:06 am

Conditions:
Date: 12 May, 345
Time: 2200
Environment: Chilly night, light east to west breeze, gathering storm clouds
Location: Llornish Lowlands; two day's ride west-southwest of Neven

Intel
Image

The group takes turns slipping quietly down the hillside and scouting out the perimeter of the stronghold.

Durak keeps his ears peeled as well as his eyes and listens for any shouting or otherwise audible and discernible communications from the orcs which may be of value. While nothing of tactical import in conveyed, he does note that the orcish term for "Chieftain" is used a number of times by what he can only assume are subordinate orcs. The stronghold's masonry is ancient, and looks to be in bad shape. Still, those ancient masons did great work, and some of it seems to have stood the test of time. There's a section along the eastern side where the stalwart wall is missing and only a wooden palisade stands. Likewise, the gate on the western side is built into a palisade which is a recent stop-gap for missing walls as well. In addition, short palisades have been erected along the top of the masonry in places to fill in for missing crenelation. The palisades themselves are exactly what one would expect of such: crude, but effective. (Critical perception) In addition, while he's stalking around he overhears two orcs speaking of a patrol due to return tomorrow night, and the need to send out foraging parties on the morrow to scour the local area for tubers, game, and anything else to feed the tribes. Based on the nature of the discussion, at least one of the two speaking sounds as though he's a chieftain, but the other voice doesn't express itself in a subordinate manner, so it's unclear what this entails.

Trask errs on the side of stealth, and so leaves much of his heavier, noisier gear behind with Thorgrim while he takes his turn stalking the perimeter of the compound. The northern and southern walls are solid, so climbing them would at least be secure, but likely difficult. On the flip side, the east and west walls are the most damaged and supplemented with palisades, so climbing them would be easier, but potentially more dangerous given the make-shift nature of their construction. The walls of masonry are about fifteen feet high or so, the tower another ten or so on top of that, but the palisade wall sections built to replace whole missing sections of masonry are only about ten or twelve feet high. Like most palisades, they are protected from charges from long, sharpened stakes. To make matters worse, they look to be smeared with something foul-smelling. On a positive note, he hears absolutely no sound of any animal coming from within the stronghold; not a dog or horse can be heard neighing or barking.

Fox knows nothing of orcish biology, and can't figure how such would help him in any case. He does know that they have fair nightvision and a good sense of smell, especially for blood. As with any vertical structure of moderate height, the best way Fox knows of the scale such walls is with a ladder. Barring the availability of such, a grappling hook and sufficient rope is not the worst substitute. How much and of what supplies the group will need in uncertain as how long they will need to stay in the area is uncertain. Orcs are a bit more hardy than humans regarding toxins, but other than being somewhat more stupid, somewhat more brave, and vastly more vicious on average than humans, he's not aware of any significant differences regarding their vulnerability to toxins. There's little to no edible plant life in the area save for the bark of the trees they're using for cover which can be used to make a bitter and unpleasant tasting, but nerve-settling tea. Most of the rope in evidence from the exterior of the camp is used as weaved lashing to bind together sections of palisade. (Critical prowl) Fox is able slip in so close that he's able to overhear a rather unclear conversation in which Hadrian's Cove is mentioned along with the Eastern word for "castle."

Thorgrim verifies that the mark on Fox's map is accurate at scale. The rumored "ruins of a tower" indeed match the location of the stronghold they've located. He also notes that this is clearly not intended to be a long-term encampment as there's only one readily accessible exit or entrance: the western gate. Stealthily climbing a tree, he's able to get a somewhat better vantage of the inside of the stronghold and notes that there are a couple of tents just inside the gate. Clearly, the orcs do not have formal military training and discipline from the placement of such as the tents could easily obstruct large tactical movements. He's disappointed to find there's no nearby source of water though there are signs that this area once was home to a number of streams; they're all dried up now. There's little to no edible plant life in the area and evidence that the orcs have been gradually denuding the land around this area of anything edible in an expanding circle of devastation.

The four members of the team each return in kind from their forays without, they believe, the orcs in the stronghold being any the wiser. They hike back the mile to the wagon, Garrick, and Bill to share what they each learned.

Stronghold Area at Night
Image


What are your intentions?

GM Notes:
  • If a skill roll was not addressed, it's because you either failed it in a non-spectacular manner, or else it was duplicated by another character.


Butcher's Bill

Durak:
Fox:
Thorgrim:
Trask:
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Fox » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:35 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 93 of 42%
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 9
JIC: 1d20 = 15
JIC%: 1d100 = 70

After thinking about what he knows of Orcs, Fox says, "The Orcs are believed to have been created by magic in the ancient past from much the same base stock as Goblins and Kobolds and are thought to be the third form. Goblins were likely the first form, but they were too undisciplined. Kobolds were too independent and intelligent. The Orcs are thought to be the final form, strong and disciplined, but loyal to a strong leader. They have no magic, not even mind magic, but breed fast and can survive on a varied diet. They have limited night vision but good day vision."

He adds, "It looks like they have stripped this area pretty bare of edibles, they will either have to move or start raiding the nearby town for food."

He states, "Given night vision is part of my mind magic, I would attack by night, using the greater range of my vision and my magical bow. I would plot escape routes in advance that I can follow using my ability to float, which the Orcs can not easily follow. I might, for example, dig a deep pit and mix water and earth together to create a mud pit that would trap those who walk through it."

He looks at the others, thinking, Let us see of the others have better ideas.

Wilderness Survival (60%) 1d100 = 72 To figure out how to lay traps
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Durak » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:27 pm

Perception: 53% 1d100 = 39
JIC 1d100 = 50 1d20 = 6

conditions
OOC Comments
Sustain - Require no food, water, or breath, need only 2 hours of sleep/night. Can survive almost all environmental conditions - day 2 of 5


Tolliver Trask wrote:Once again Trask nods. "Spoken like a true Sapper. Definitely something we should do, especially if we find them to inattentive." Trask says in response.


"Alas, I do not have the equipment to carry out such an operation," Durak shrugs, "I thought it unlikely we would be carrying out a siege operation with the 4 of us."

Having been involved in spying on the fort, Durak sleeps very little and takes notes as the others return.

"Unless Trask and Thorgrim are hiding some ability to see in the dark, we would probably be better off attacking in the daytime, otherwise we risk severely hampering our ability to see and attack from our two frontliners. Durak scratches the information relayed by the others onto his book of paper

"I have a spell running that means I can stay awake for most of the day, so I can observe them for longer. We should let the foraging party leave first, weaken their numbers, but if possible strike before the patrol returns to bolster their numbers again. We heard their leader, but there is another there who appears to be his equal in some respect. Those two are the ones we need to neutralize."
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Tolliver Trask » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:24 am

Perception: 1d100 = 78/62%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 7; 1d100 = 73
Conditions: Immune to Fire, Resistant to Cold, Sixth Sense.

Fox wrote:He adds, "It looks like they have stripped this area pretty bare of edibles, they will either have to move or start raiding the nearby town for food."


Trask shakes his head. That's pretty obvious, because that's literally why we're here." Trask says.

Durak wrote:"Alas, I do not have the equipment to carry out such an operation," Durak shrugs, "I thought it unlikely we would be carrying out a siege operation with the 4 of us."


Trask smirks and nods. "Aye, that would be foolhardy at the very least."

Fox wrote:He states, "Given night vision is part of my mind magic, I would attack by night, using the greater range of my vision and my magical bow. I would plot escape routes in advance that I can follow using my ability to float, which the Orcs can not easily follow. I might, for example, dig a deep pit and mix water and earth together to create a mud pit that would trap those who walk through it."


"I don't think the mud pit trap is even remotely feasible without magic at this point, seeing as we don't even have shovels." Trask says shaking his head. "Setting traps for them would be all well and good if they were coming to us, but they're not, we're going to them." Trask educates.

Durak wrote:"Unless Trask and Thorgrim are hiding some ability to see in the dark, we would probably be better off attacking in the daytime, otherwise we risk severely hampering our ability to see and attack from our two frontliners. Durak scratches the information relayed by the others onto his book of paper

"I have a spell running that means I can stay awake for most of the day, so I can observe them for longer. We should let the foraging party leave first, weaken their numbers, but if possible strike before the patrol returns to bolster their numbers again. We heard their leader, but there is another there who appears to be his equal in some respect. Those two are the ones we need to neutralize."


"Daylight is the best option, doesn't leave a quarter of us blind. I agree on waiting till their foraging party is on the move as well. And yes I'd like to be done killing the orcs inside before their raiding party comes back, though if we're lucky they'll at least be a little beat up." Trask says before continuing. "While I'm all about neutralizing their leadership, I will not go out of my way to bring the back alive, if they prove a dangerous threat they'll be put down with the rest." Trask finishes. "So that's two for the day, what say you Thorgrim?"
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Durak » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:40 am

rolls carried

Tolliver Trask wrote:"Daylight is the best option, doesn't leave a quarter of us blind. I agree on waiting till their foraging party is on the move as well. And yes I'd like to be done killing the orcs inside before their raiding party comes back, though if we're lucky they'll at least be a little beat up." Trask says before continuing. "While I'm all about neutralizing their leadership, I will not go out of my way to bring the back alive, if they prove a dangerous threat they'll be put down with the rest." Trask finishes. "So that's two for the day, what say you Thorgrim?"


Durak raises an eyebrow as he tests and gets used to the grip of his axe, ready for a fight.

"Oh, when I say neutralise, alive would be preferable for questions, but eliminating them would also work. Deprive them of leadership and more likely to slink off or be easier to finish off. Make them fight each other for leadership."
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Thorgrim » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:54 pm

Per (63%. Or 88% to detect weather/environmental hazards and recognize plants, roots, insects for nourishment. Or 78% recognize animal aggression.): 1d100 = 56
JiC: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 10

After the barbarian returns from his excursion, he scrubs some of the mud which he used to disguise himself off. Flaky bits and dust collect around the barbarian warrior, as he listens intently to the others findings and shares his own. Hmmmm, a unique situation indeed. "Well there's only one way in or out, save for climbing over the steep walls, the entrance on the western side is the only hole that matters, methinks." Thorgrim tears into another ration, preferring to consume what is conveniently located nearby the cart vice grabbing food from his muddied backpack.

Trask wrote:"Daylight is the best option, doesn't leave a quarter of us blind. I agree on waiting till their foraging party is on the move as well. And yes I'd like to be done killing the orcs inside before their raiding party comes back, though if we're lucky they'll at least be a little beat up." Trask says before continuing. "While I'm all about neutralizing their leadership, I will not go out of my way to bring the back alive, if they prove a dangerous threat they'll be put down with the rest." Trask finishes. "So that's two for the day, what say you Thorgrim?"


"Well to your point, Trask, Fox, and Durak. No, I can't see in the dark as the Orcs can -I haven't some magical save-thy-ass device-. So I'd rather we intrude during the day.". Thor pauses, listening to all input from his companions, before continuing. "All agreed then. Let's wait until their foraging party heads out, before we make our move. I agree, that their locally supposed leadership dies before they compromise our safety or mission. If we are to succeed long enough that we have to contend with reinforcements arriving, I suggest that Fox should take the tower, and I can hold the western entrance, with perhaps another... before falling back to the tower itself. Let us hope it doesn't come to this. I wouldn't prefer to be slinging desparate escape options from the tower, unless we could prevent that. Speaking of which, has anyone a grappling hook?"

Thorgrim steals a moment, after discussion, for himself.
A dire situation, again, it seems
The barbarian observes the woods around him, looking for a suitable type of wood. I hadn't even brought a grappling hook for my rope. Idiot! He takes what he can and attempts to fashion a grappling hook.
Wilderness Survival (78%): 1d100 = 32 (find suitable wood/material to craft a grappling hook)
Whittling (53%): 1d100 = 38 (crafts a grappling hook)
Thorgrim Cromson
H.P.: 53/53
S.D.C.: 139/139
Abilities and Equipment
Special Abilities
Berserker Fury (3x per day): +1 APM, +3 Strike, +8 Damage, +6 vs HF, +5 vs Possession & Mind Control, -3 Parry, Refuses to Dodge. Following Fury is at half Speed & Combat bonuses for 20 min.

Armor
Leather Of Iron: AR 15
S.D.C.: 110/110


Weapons
Large Iron Shield, Over-sized Claymore, Thunder Club, Thorgrim's Throwing Knives

Special Equipment
User avatar
Thorgrim
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Augur » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:26 pm

Conditions:
Date: 13 May, 345
Time: 0600
Environment: Chilly & wet, light east to west breeze, moderate to heavy rain
Location: Llornish Lowlands; two day's ride west-southwest of Neven

Intel
Image

The team spend the night without fire amid a steadily increasing rain. Thorgrim learns that while his whittling is sufficient to fashion the likeness of a grappling hook, wood simply breaks when he puts any significant weight on it. By midnight, the storm which had been gathering developed into a full-blown Llornish Crasher with plenty of lightning, and even a few moments of dice-sized hail. The hail didn't last long, and the lightning ceased within an hour, but the rain became fairly steady. Out on rolling grassland hills like these, such was likely a blessing for the native flora and fauna. For the camping adventurers, it was just miserable.

Shortly after dawn, Fox's ears prick up when he hears the sounds of activity in the distance. He scrambles to the nearby hill and cranes while the others wake up and prepare themselves. Far away, he can see the movement of some number of orcs from out of the shallow valley in which the stronghold is situated. They appear to be headed west, and all are on foot.

What are your intentions?

GM Notes:
  • If a skill roll was not addressed, it's because you either failed it in a non-spectacular manner, or else it was duplicated by another character.


Butcher's Bill

Durak:
Fox:
Thorgrim:
Trask:
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Durak » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:54 am

Perception: 53% 1d100 = 48
JIC 1d20 = 18 1d100 = 10

conditions

OOC Comments
Sustain - Require no food, water, or breath, need only 2 hours of sleep/night. Can survive almost all environmental conditions - day 2 of 5


Courtesy of the spell currently in place, Durak was far less bothered by the weather conditions than the others, though that did not prevent him getting wet. Days like this, I wish Zephyr was still here.

"I have lots of rope and a grappling hook, so we can use that to climb over" as he speaks, he touches his hammer and has another idea.

Actually, in terms of entry, I might have another option. My hammer not only repairs, but it can break things as well using the same magic. If we find an appropriate point, I may be able to fashion an entrance with one blow that we do not have to climb up and more likely be spotted."

OOC Comments
Masonry 66% (+5%) 1d100 = 88 appropriate place to use Rundill's hammer to gain entrance
Carpentry 61% (+5%) 1d100 = 21
Intelligence 44% 1d100 = 11
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Fox » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:16 pm

Perception (42%): 1d100 = 37
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 20
JIC: 1d20 = 11
JIC%: 1d100 = 68

Fox's ears perk forward as he listens to the suggestion, It does sound like a good way in, but is a way in what we want?

Aloud, he states, "It may work, perhaps it would be best to use it on the tower instead of the fort. If we can get in there without being seen, we have a lot fewer Orcs to deal with in the initial attack. Especially if we can block the entrance after we are inside so others can not easily follow."

OOC Comments
Fox has no skills to contribute to questions of Seigework, but perhaps one of these skill rolls will help figure out a way to get close to the tower:
Land Navigation (60%): 1d100 = 11
Wilderness Survival (60%): 1d100 = 76
Stealth (50%): 1d100 = 49
Last edited by Fox on Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Tolliver Trask » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:07 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 39/62%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 14; 1d100 = 14
Conditions: Immune to Fire, Resistant to Cold, Sixth Sense.


Skills
Detect Ambush 1d100 = 54/55% Pass (To spy any ambushes set up for us.)
Detect Concealment & Traps 1d100 = 18/50% Pass (To spy any traps laid out for us.)
Climb/Scale Walls 1d100 = 10/80% Pass; 1d100 = 69/75% Pass (To Climb walls that may be needed.)
Prowl 1d100 = 13/50% Pass (To make any moves towards the Outpost)



Trask shakes off his rain slicked Cassock, and tucks away his sleeping gear. Well that was a storm for sure. Trask think as he quickly takes care of Garrick and has a quick meal of jerky and bread. Trask then makes his way over to the others.

Durak wrote:"I have lots of rope and a grappling hook, so we can use that to climb over" as he speaks, he touches his hammer and has another idea.

Actually, in terms of entry, I might have another option. My hammer not only repairs, but it can break things as well using the same magic. If we find an appropriate point, I may be able to fashion an entrance with one blow that we do not have to climb up and more likely be spotted."


Trask nods at the idea. "Sounds viable, certainly not something they'd consider I would guess. I'm also sure they'll hear us break through their wall." Trask says with a sigh.

Fox wrote:"It may work, perhaps it would be best to use it on the tower instead of the fort. If we can get in there without being seen, we have a lot fewer Orcs to deal with in the initial attack. Especially if we can block the entrance after we are inside so others can not easily follow."


"I dread to say that we should split up. We likely can hold the upper level of the tower easier than any other portion of the outpost. SO why don't we go with the mentality that we'll quietly scale the tower and switch to going through the wall if things go sour. That way we still have a chance of taking the tower quietly and maybe being able to bottleneck them at the tower entrance." Trask says in compromise.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Fox » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:17 pm

(Rolls carried over)

A thought occurs to Fox, "I have a magic wand. With it, I can climb well or turn into an animal, or gain great strength, or some other things. I can climb any time while I have it, but the other powers it can cast a total of five times each day. Perhaps we can use that to help."

He berates himself, Why didn't I think of this before?
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Durak » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:16 am

Rolls carried

Tolliver Trask wrote:Trask nods at the idea. "Sounds viable, certainly not something they'd consider I would guess. I'm also sure they'll hear us break through their wall." Trask says with a sigh.


Durak shrugs his shoulders at this.

"Honestly, having never tested it, I do not know how much sound it would make." Is this time for experimentation? Easier than climbing certainly.

OOC Comments
when repairing the armour the other night, how much noise did it make?


Fox wrote:A thought occurs to Fox, "I have a magic wand. With it, I can climb well or turn into an animal, or gain great strength, or some other things. I can climb any time while I have it, but the other powers it can cast a total of five times each day. Perhaps we can use that to help."


"If you can climb with that, we have also grappling hooks and rope," Durak holds up his grappling hook for effect, before tapping it on his other hand, "that should be sufficient to get us inside. Use my hammer if needed or to funnel them into a position where we can more easily deal with them or trap their leaders so we can more easily deal with them. Take out their leadership and they will more likely fall into squabbling."
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Tolliver Trask » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:20 pm

((Rolls Carried over))

Trask places the remains of his breakfast back into the packs on Garrick. Trask takes a moment to grab the manacles and leg shackles from his packs and places them into his magical satchel. Just in case we actually capture any of their leaders. Trask thinks as he closes the satchel.

Trask makes his way back to the others. "Let's do this, nice and quiet. Don't rush everything and we should be fine." Trask says to his team.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Fox » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:27 pm

(rolls carried over)

Fox decides to make certain they are all on the same page, "So the plan is to sneak over to the tower and climb it, hopefully without getting noticed, and deal with the Orcs inside?"

It does not sound very safe in broad daylight, where we have to worry about both the tower guards and the castle guards spotting us, Fox thinks, but it might also not be expected.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Augur » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:19 pm

GM POST REDUX AFTER A HIATUS

Conditions:
Date: 13 May, 345
Time: 0700
Environment: Chilly & wet, light east to west breeze, moderate to heavy rain
Location: Llornish Lowlands; two day's ride west-southwest of Neven

Intel
Image

The team spend the night without fire amid a steadily increasing rain. Thorgrim learns that while his whittling is sufficient to fashion the likeness of a grappling hook, wood simply breaks when he puts any significant weight on it. By midnight, the storm which had been gathering developed into a full-blown Llornish Crasher with plenty of lightning, and even a few moments of dice-sized hail. The hail didn't last long, and the lightning ceased within an hour, but the rain became fairly steady. Out on rolling grassland hills like these, such was likely a blessing for the native flora and fauna. For the camping adventurers, it was just miserable.

Shortly after dawn, Fox's ears prick up when he hears the sounds of activity in the distance. He scrambles to the nearby hill and cranes while the others wake up and prepare themselves. Far away, he can see the movement of some number of orcs from out of the shallow valley in which the stronghold is situated. They appear to be headed west, and all are on foot. Fox scampers back to camp where he finds only the imprint where Thorgrim's bedroll had been. Now that Thorgrim appears to have deserted, Durak, Trask, and Fox discuss their options quietly and furtively as the morning sun begins to rise over the rolling hills.

The sun is mostly behind lingering rain clouds who persistently and irritatingly seem dedicated to the task of devolving the grasslands into one large mud pit. All three members of the shrunken team suddenly pick their ears up and listen. Somebody was approaching...and lightly singing. They hurriedly get their gear further out of sight and into the trees by which they've made camp, and wait like coiled springs for whatever comes around the corner and are greeted by a most peculiar sight: a burly, barrel-chested brute with dark hair, pronounced tusks, and hazel eyes who's softly singing a tune just above the register of a hum. The ogre is wearing leathers, carries a backpack over his shoulders, and a heavy-looking hammer swings from a thong tied to the belt about his waist.

What are your intentions?

GM Notes:
  • If a skill roll was not addressed, it's because you either failed it in a non-spectacular manner, or else it was duplicated by another character.


Butcher's Bill

Durak:
Fox:
Thorgrim:
Trask:
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Bonk Boree » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:34 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 56/23%
JIC: 1d100 = 68/1d20 = 4

All in all... I'll call this an improvement, all things considered... Bonk thought to himself. He had managed to find a rocky overhang large enough to keep the rain off of him last night, but while the steady rains were easy to sleep through as so much white noise the hail and thunder were another story. He thought about staying there an extra day and giving the rain a full chance to pass on before heading on further, but doing so wouldn't get him to Llorn any quicker. Oh well, at least it's good Eastern Territory weather. When it's raining it's coming straight down and not blowing side-to-side.

As he walks along the ponders a song to pass the time. 'When Jones's Ale Was New?' Nah, I sang that yesterday. 'John the Rabbit?' Maybe later. 'I Had a Rooster?' Hmmmm... Oh wait, I know!

    "Ho-la-la-ee-ay
    Ho-la-la-ee-ay
    Ho-la-la-ee-ay-ee-la-ee-ay-ee-lee-ay
    Ho-la-la-ee-ay
    Ho-la-la-ee-ay
    Ho-la-la-ee-ay-ee-la-lee-ay-lee-o-lee-ay"

    "Dans etmek ve ayaklarıma dokunmak istiyorum
    Ama ritimde kalmayacaklar
    Görüyorsun, bugün ikisini de yıkadım
    Ve onlarla hiçbir şey yapamam"

    "Ho hum melodi aptal
    Kelimeler bir şey ifade etmiyor
    Bu aptal bir şarkı değil mi
    Şarkı söyleyen biri için mi?"

    "Bir ağaç kadar bir cüce kovaladım
    Bir uzuvda çıkış yolu
    Ve benden en iyisini aldığında
    En kötüsünü aldım"

    "Ho hum melodi aptal
    Kelimeler bir şey ifade etmiyor
    Bu aptal bir şarkı değil mi
    Şarkı söyleyen biri için mi?"

    "Ho-la-la-ee-ay
    Ho-la-la-ee-ay
    Ho-la-la-ee-ay-ee-la-ee-ay-ee-lee-ay
    Ho-la-la-ee-ay
    Ho-la-la-ee-ay
    Ho-la-la-ee-ay-ee-la-lee-ay-lee-o-lee-ay"
User avatar
Bonk Boree
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:20 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Durak » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:07 am

Perception 53% 1d100 = 75
JIC 1d100 = 87 1d20 = 8

Conditions
OOC Comments
Sustain - Require no food, water, or breath, need only 2 hours of sleep/night. Can survive almost all environmental conditions - day 2 of 5


Augur wrote:Now that Thorgrim appears to have deserted, Durak, Trask, and Fox discuss their options quietly and furtively as the morning sun begins to rise over the rolling hills.


"Wonderful Durak kicks the ground near where Thorgrim's bedroll had been, "so the three of us get to assault a keep by ourselves. Starting to rethink the whole attack in the daylight option, especially as the three of us can see in the dark."

As they hear someone approaching, Durak finds a good spot to be able to ambush them. Durak waits patiently as the figure approaches, his new axe out ready as the gayly singing ogre wanders into view.
What the....

Bonk Boree wrote:"Ho-la-la-ee-ay
Ho-la-la-ee-ay
Ho-la-la-ee-ay-ee-la-ee-ay-ee-lee-ay
Ho-la-la-ee-ay
Ho-la-la-ee-ay
Ho-la-la-ee-ay-ee-la-lee-ay-lee-o-lee-ay"


"Trask, the ogre is singing right and I am not losing my marbles correct?" Durak whispers to his fellow former Red Brigader
"Go left and flank him, I'll intercept and see if he's hostile. Kill him if he attacks me.

Well, not like I haven't seen the ogre mercs in the Red Brigade. Amdittedly the singing was a lot louder and worse.

Steeling himself, Durak drops down in front of the ogre, weapon out but not overtly threatening.

"Good day," he greats the ogre, "are you lost? This seems to be a long way off the beaten track to just be wandering through?"

OOC Comments
Trust/intimidate [dice]30%[/dice] 1d100 = 6
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Tolliver Trask » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:54 am

Perception: 1d100 = 34/62%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 14; 1d100 = 72
Conditions: Immune to Fire, Resistant to Cold, Sixth Sense.


Skills:
Language: Gobbely 1d100 = 51/65% Pass (What is he singing?)
Detect Ambush 1d100 = 65/55% Fail (Is he the bait in an elaborate ambush?)
Detect Concealment & Traps 1d100 = 97/50% Fail (Is he the Bait in some manner of trap? Does he have allies concealed nearby?)
Lore: Magic :General Knowledge 1d100 = 96/25% Fail (Is he a hairy wizard?; Couldn't help myself.)
Perception 1d100 = 51/62% Pass (Have the Orcs noticed him?)
Prowl 1d100 = 42/50% Pass (To move to ambush the Ogre.)



When Trask notices Thorgrim is missing he looks about. What have you done you daft boy? Trask thinks before Durak talks.

Durak wrote:"so the three of us get to assault a keep by ourselves. Starting to rethink the whole attack in the daylight option, especially as the three of us can see in the dark."


Trask shakes his head. "It's still more viable due to there being less of them now then their were last night. Though I don't like our numbers either, this may be a fools errand." Trask says before Durak notices the Ogre singing.

Durak wrote:"Trask, the ogre is singing right and I am not losing my marbles correct?"


Trask looks at the strange sight. "That's new... and a potential problem even if he is friendly." Trask says quietly. "I hope the Orcs haven't heard him yet." Trask says with a bit of concern.

Durak wrote:"Go left and flank him, I'll intercept and see if he's hostile. Kill him if he attacks me.


Trask nods, then shakes his head as the dwarf moves off. What else was I going to do, let him kill you and laugh about it? Trask thinks sarcastically as he picks up his Lucerne Hammer and begins stalking off to the left to flank the singing Ogre.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Fox » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:34 am

Perception (42%): 1d100 = 71
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 22
JIC: 1d20 = 15
JIC%: 1d100 = 50

Fox lays his ears back, that singing is not the kind he would appreciate (though that may be saying more about how his kind sings than anything).

Ogres mainly come from the south, in the Yin-sloth Jungles, though some are seen in other areas, mainly as mercenaries, Thinks Fox. Not all that far away actually, though few of them sing much. Fox would have offered to be the one to confront the Ogre, as a Healer is something many creatures respect.

Still, he will stand back and ready his bow, if the Ogre attacks the Dwarf, then he can expect a shot of Lightning to brighten his day.

He attempts to take a flanking position Quietly. Stealth (50%) 1d100 = 47
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Bonk Boree » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:20 pm

(Rolls held)

Translation for Trask
I'd like to dance and tap my feet
But they won't keep in rhythm
You see, I washed them both today
And I can't do nothing with 'em

Ho hum, the tune is dumb
The words don't mean a thing
Isn't this a silly song
For anyone to sing?

I chased a polecat up a tree
Way out upon a limb
And when he got the best of me
I got the worst of him

Ho hum, the tune is dumb
The words don't mean a thing
Isn't this a silly song
For anyone to sing?


NOTE: yodeling is yodeling. Perhaps it's the universal language we never knew we needed?


Durak wrote:Steeling himself, Durak drops down in front of the ogre, weapon out but not overtly threatening.

"Good day," he greats the ogre, "are you lost? This seems to be a long way off the beaten track to just be wandering through?"


Bonk is stopped mid-yodel when the dwarf jumps out of nowhere, startling him. His hand reflexively draws his hammer and strikes a defensive pose but doesn't make a move to attack. Easy now, if he wanted you dead he wouldn't have jumped out like that and just stood there... he muses. Maybe he's a bandit? If so, he's almost certainly not alone. Best to play along and play dumb for the moment I guess.

"And good rainy day to you, my friend. May we both get clean with shower we don't have to pay for today." Bonk relaxes his posture slightly and offers a slight bow. "Bonk does not consider himself lost, but his map may say otherwise -- or it might if he had one that is!" He chuckles. "Am trying to reach the Grand Canal and then follow it to Llorn. But while his way may not be the straightest, it is full of beautiful scenery. At least is beautiful when not raining, eh?" He gestures to the landscape around him and looks around as if enjoying the scenery (but is actually checking to see if the dwarf has company).

Perception: 1d100 = 91/23%
Language: Human - Eastern 1d100 = 44/67% (assuming that's what Durak's speaking)

He turns his attention back to the dwarf. "Speaking of beaten paths and being so far off of them, Bonk may ask you very same question. Could be just as lost, yes? Or at least know directions to Grand Canal? Help would be greatly appreciated."
User avatar
Bonk Boree
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:20 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Fox » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:32 pm

(rolls held over)
Speak: Gobbely (98%): 1d100 = 85
It being in one of his native languages, Fox should have no trouble understanding the song (or agreeing it is silly).

He waits for Durak to reply. We could give directions and send the Ogre to Llorn...or we could possibly recruit him to help us with the Orcs. Possibly a Canid and an Ogre might infiltrate the Orc camp...
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Durak » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:49 am

rolls held

Language: Gobblely 71% 1d100 = 46

Bonk Boree wrote:"And good rainy day to you, my friend. May we both get clean with shower we don't have to pay for today." Bonk relaxes his posture slightly and offers a slight bow. "Bonk does not consider himself lost, but his map may say otherwise -- or it might if he had one that is!" He chuckles. "Am trying to reach the Grand Canal and then follow it to Llorn. But while his way may not be the straightest, it is full of beautiful scenery. At least is beautiful when not raining, eh?" He gestures to the landscape around him and looks around as if enjoying the scenery (but is actually checking to see if the dwarf has company).


"About a day's travel north of here, should have stuck to the roads," Durak smiles at the ogre, just about visible through the beard as both of them try to get a handle on the other, "it obviously does not match the splendour of a good cavern but could be far worse, like Llorn did after the dragon attack." If in doubt, play to the stereotype.

Bonk Boree wrote:He turns his attention back to the dwarf. "Speaking of beaten paths and being so far off of them, Bonk may ask you very same question. Could be just as lost, yes? Or at least know directions to Grand Canal? Help would be greatly appreciated."


"Well considering there is an encampment of orc raiders over that way," Durak points in the direction of the ruined tower with his left hand, his right keeps the axe ready at his side, "I hope that your singing did not alert them to my presence. You must have been lucky and just missed their raiding party that just left
"if you are not affiliated with them, then you are likely to need to be a lot quieter lest they attack you and steal everything off your corpse. Or maybe they will try to recruit you?"
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Augur » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:02 pm

Conditions:
Date: 13 May, 345
Time: 0715
Environment: Chilly & wet, light east to west breeze, a fog is developing
Location: Llornish Lowlands; two day's ride west-southwest of Neven

Intel
Image

The copse of trees is alive with the sounds of nature. (Audio; open in new tab) The rain finally comes to a gradual end as the Dwarf and the Ogre exchange words. Bonk is unaware of the Dwarf's companions in the undergrowth to one side of the path. As they speak, a fog begins to descend upon the area. Trask recognizes the tune to ogre is singing (players, you'll have to exchange this info yourselves), but recognizes no other signs of danger save that there are increased sounds of activity coming from the direction of the orc camp.

What are your intentions?

GM Notes:


Butcher's Bill

Durak:
Fox:
Thorgrim:
Trask:
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Tolliver Trask » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:45 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 79/62%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 14; 1d100 = 56
Conditions: Immune to Fire, Resistant to Cold, Sixth Sense.

Trask tires of the charade and slowly comes out of the bushes concealing himself. In a low voice Trask speaks. "The orcs stir, either we begin our task or we quit the field. So as to not be seen by the Orcs." Trask looks to the ogre with a single good eye. "Are you any good in a fight?" Trask asks in a low voice, before turning and making his way to their makeshift camp. We either need to do this now, or not do it at all. Trask thinks annoyed at the pile of changes that have come forth in the past several hours.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Durak » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:54 am

Perception 53% 1d100 = 75
JIC 1d100 = 43 1d20 = 6

Augur wrote:As they speak, a fog begins to descend upon the area. Trask recognizes the tune to ogre is singing (players, you'll have to exchange this info yourselves), but recognizes no other signs of danger save that there are increased sounds of activity coming from the direction of the orc camp.


"It is getting noisy over there," Durak glances again in that direction, "so if you are not with them, are you prepared to help us deal with them?" he asks Bonk, looking up at him, "though you would have to stop singing when we are trying to be quiet." Otherwise this will be the shortest infiltration attempt ever.

Tolliver Trask wrote: "The orcs stir, either we begin our task or we quit the field. So as to not be seen by the Orcs."


Durak looks around in the descending fog and nods in agreement.

"I say the fog helps conceal us, so lets make use of it," Durak gestures at the camp with his axe, "let's go earn lots of money."

OOC Comments
Wilderness Survival 36% (+5%) 1d100 = 16 is the fog likely to get thicker?
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Bonk Boree » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:55 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 17/23%
JIC: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 78

Durak wrote:"About a day's travel north of here, should have stuck to the roads," Durak smiles at the ogre, just about visible through the beard as both of them try to get a handle on the other, "it obviously does not match the splendour of a good cavern but could be far worse, like Llorn did after the dragon attack."


"Ah, so you speak Gobblely then? Excellent..." Bonk switches to his native tongue. "Bonk can get by with local human tongue well enough, but -- wait, did you say 'dragon attack?' When did this happen? How bad was it? Did they at least kill it?"

Durak wrote:"Well considering there is an encampment of orc raiders over that way," Durak points in the direction of the ruined tower with his left hand, his right keeps the axe ready at his side, "I hope that your singing did not alert them to my presence. You must have been lucky and just missed their raiding party that just left. If you are not affiliated with them, then you are likely to need to be a lot quieter lest they attack you and steal everything off your corpse. Or maybe they will try to recruit you?"


Bonk's eyebrows raise sharply as he follows the dwarf's gesture. An orc raider camp? And I came this close to it? Od's blood, I really need to pay closer attention to the local surroundings. "Well now..." he rubs his massive chin and chuckles. "Then glad I wasn't trying to make mountains echo by singing full volume. May have caused tower to crumble without even knowing it was there."

"As for recruiting? Pfffft, they can try all they like -- for all good it will do them..." he waves his hand dismissively. "Bonk may sing for supper but that's as far as he goes."

He's just about to suggest the two of them cut to the proverbial chase when a scarred human emerges from cover and beats him to the equally proverbial punch. As I thought. No way he was out here by himself. I wonder how many more friends he has in hiding?

Tolliver Trask wrote:"The orcs stir, either we begin our task or we quit the field. So as to not be seen by the Orcs." Trask looks to the ogre with a single good eye. "Are you any good in a fight?"

Durak wrote:"It is getting noisy over there," Durak glances again in that direction, "so if you are not with them, are you prepared to help us deal with them?" he asks Bonk, looking up at him, "though you would have to stop singing when we are trying to be quiet."

"I say the fog helps conceal us, so lets make use of it," Durak gestures at the camp with his axe, "let's go earn lots of money."


"So that is plan, eh?" Bonk raises an eyebrow at the dwarf. "Just two would-be heroes for hire clearing nest of orc raiders? Or are there more friends you pull out of hat like magician's rabbit?" He sighs and shakes his head. "Regardless, Bonk cannot let you take on entire camp alone. Is suicide. With Bonk along, we at least upgrade to very slim chance of survival. HA!" He adds with a laugh as he re-holsters his hammer. "So call out other friends and let us make plans. We either do epic good deed for today or we get express ticket to afterlife -- either way, we get out of heavy rain!"
User avatar
Bonk Boree
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:20 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Fox » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:15 am

Perception (42%): 1d100 = 44
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 14
JIC: 1d20 = 7
JIC%: 1d100 = 40

Fox steps out from his hiding place, and speaks in Gobbley, "I have been considering, and perhaps I should refrain from using my bow while we take the tower. It may not be as loud as thunder, but it is neither quiet nor subtle. Once we are inside and defended, it will not matter so much."

He thinks, my bow shoots lightning, not as powerful as true lightning, but the flash of light and the crack of thunder it makes when it fires is going to be noticed if it is fairly close by.

It is his most effective weapon, but sometimes stealth is more of a priority.

He adds, "Unless we are thinking of another plan, an Ogre and a Canid in company might be appealing to a company of Orcs as recruits."

It has possibilities, though it would work better if there were more of us.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Durak » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:35 pm

rolls carried

Bonk Boree wrote:"Ah, so you speak Gobblely then? Excellent..." Bonk switches to his native tongue. "Bonk can get by with local human tongue well enough, but -- wait, did you say 'dragon attack?' When did this happen? How bad was it? Did they at least kill it?"


"I suppose if you are struggling with Eastern, though the orcs will understand Gobbley better as well."

Bonk Boree wrote:"So that is plan, eh?" Bonk raises an eyebrow at the dwarf. "Just two would-be heroes for hire clearing nest of orc raiders? Or are there more friends you pull out of hat like magician's rabbit?" He sighs and shakes his head. "Regardless, Bonk cannot let you take on entire camp alone. Is suicide. With Bonk along, we at least upgrade to very slim chance of survival. HA!" He adds with a laugh as he re-holsters his hammer. "So call out other friends and let us make plans. We either do epic good deed for today or we get express ticket to afterlife -- either way, we get out of heavy rain!"


"Looks like it is the four of us," Durak remarks as Trask and Fox appear from the foliage. better odds than it was a moment ago.

Fox wrote:"I have been considering, and perhaps I should refrain from using my bow while we take the tower. It may not be as loud as thunder, but it is neither quiet nor subtle. Once we are inside and defended, it will not matter so much."


"I would suggest keeping back from a fight until we get noticed. Unless we are the most highly trained infiltrators in the world, generally somebody gives the game away at some point and fighting starts. Trask and I should be able to kill the odd sentry hopefully quietly."
Durak looks up again at the ogre "unless you have some abilities that will help? Not a lot of armour or weapons."

Fox wrote:"Unless we are thinking of another plan, an Ogre and a Canid in company might be appealing to a company of Orcs as recruits."


"Hmm, honestly I do not know about Bonk, but that sounds like a risky plan."
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Augur » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:01 pm

Conditions:
Date: 13 May, 345
Time: 0720
Environment: Chilly & wet, light east to west breeze, a fog is developing
Location: Llornish Lowlands; two day's ride west-southwest of Neven

Intel
Image

The copse of trees is alive with the sounds of nature. (Audio; open in new tab) A fog masks the discussion occurring to one side of the deer path even as the rest of the party reveals itself to the ogre. Bonk's not sure how they'll adjust to the sight of his erstwhile traveling partner, Tindish, who stopped to heed the call of nature some minutes past.

What are your intentions?

GM Notes:


Butcher's Bill

Durak:
Fox:
Thorgrim:
Trask:
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Bonk Boree » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:14 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 29/23%
JIC: 1d100 = 48/1d20 = 11

Fox wrote:Fox steps out from his hiding place, and speaks in Gobbley, "I have been considering, and perhaps I should refrain from using my bow while we take the tower. It may not be as loud as thunder, but it is neither quiet nor subtle. Once we are inside and defended, it will not matter so much."

He adds, "Unless we are thinking of another plan, an Ogre and a Canid in company might be appealing to a company of Orcs as recruits."


Bonk glances at Fox and chuckles. "Ah, so there _is_ magician's rabbit pulled out of hat eh? And this is why you ask recruiting question?" He gives a slight bow to Trask and Fox. "Introductions first. Bonk Boree, formerly of Basst College of Magic. Pleased to be meeting you."

Durak wrote:"Looks like it is the four of us. I would suggest keeping back from a fight until we get noticed. Unless we are the most highly trained infiltrators in the world, generally somebody gives the game away at some point and fighting starts. Trask and I should be able to kill the odd sentry hopefully quietly."
Durak looks up again at the ogre "unless you have some abilities that will help? Not a lot of armour or weapons."


"Bonk prefers to get by on good looks, charming personality, and golden throat pipes..." he shrugs. "But when that fails, can cast some pretty good spells. Can toss a pretty mean fire bolt, but can't cast too many of them at a whack. Can cast good stealth spell, but only works if you're standing very still. Not too good at infiltrating enemy strongholds. However..." he looks at the stronghold. "If plan is to climb walls where guards are fewest, can cast spell that will let us climb like mountain goats on sugar rush." He rubs his chin. "But if plan is to walk in and pretend to sign up, Bonk will put on best 'not-a-good-guy' act."

He raises a finger. No, not _that_ one. "But must make correction. Number is five, not four -- at least is five if little traveling buddy is on board with plan and hasn't gotten lost." He gives Durak a smirk. "Why else you think Bonk was walking slowly and singing out loud?" He pauses and nods in the general direction of where he came from. "Keep eye out for young snappy-dressed Kobold about yay high." He holds his hand about 4 feet off the ground. "With us standing around like this, should be caught up any second now."
User avatar
Bonk Boree
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:20 am

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy Adventures

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest