Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Only adventured-related threads are found here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Tindish » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:03 am

Perception: 1d100 = 15 vs 30% (+25% vs Concealment, Camouflage, & Palming (skills) & vs non-magic/psionic illusions)
JIC: 1d20 = 17 and 1d100 = 66

Tindish stand up from leaning against a tree looking around for water, How uncivilized. How am I supposed to properly wash? Not seeing a stream he pulls out his water skin and starts to scrub his hands, I will be thoroughly enjoyed once we find a decent city. A bath, some decent food and maybe a chance to talk with a trade guild. The wilderness is for the animals and not I. For a moment he realizes he doesn't hear Bonk singing and a bit of worry washes over him. Have I been that long? Tindish finishes washing, rights himself and his clothes and hustles along the path as quickly as his short legs with allow.

Calling out, "Bonk, Oh Bonk." Moving with a purpose he comes around some brush to find Bonk talking with what seems to be a dwarf and a kankoran. Well, well. What is this? I hope we won't have trouble. We have been on the road a while now. Tindish toward the group and question Bonk in gobbley on the way , "Bonk, is this a problem?" He looks around the road to see if there is anyone else around, I hope they aren't bandits. This would not be good. Tindish continues, "Are you going to introduce your new friends?" Tindish's voice raises a slight octave on the word friends hoping the question is understood, even if by all. His hand move slowly to the hilt of his short sword. Not quickly as to be interpreted as a threat, but just quick enough to shorten the time it will take should he need to draw it.

Tindish turns his head to the kankoran, "Brother Kankoran, are you from the 12 tribes? Travelling like myself by chance?" Tindish does his best to seem non threatening to the group, No need to put these folks off if the situation hasn't turned yet. He turns his gaze to the dwarf, "My name is Tindish by the way. Should any of you have some extra water you could spare I would greatly appreciate it. I had a bit of nasty business back a ways and would greatly like to wash my hands."

Skills
Detect Ambush 42% vs 1d100 = 47 - Look around to see if there is anyone in hiding.
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
Night vision: 400ft, Day Vision: 40ft
*Sixth Sense
ISP: 112/115
HP: 20/20
SDC: 21/21
Armor: A.R:13, S.D.C.: 34/38
Tindish

Postby Fox » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:52 pm

Perception (42%): 1d100 = 42
JIC: 1d20 = 9
JIC%: 1d100 = 27
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 18

Fox says, "I have some appreciation for Kobolds, someone cursed me into the form of a Kobold for a few weeks not long ago."

The curse was well intended, but still a curse, Fox thinks, I was not meant to be a Kobold.

Fox replies, "Indeed, I am of the 12 tribes, though I have been long away from my tribal lands studying healing, as I am gifted with the mind magic of the healers. Kankoran, in general, have little respect for Priests or Mages."

He hands over one of his spare waterskins, "The canal is not far, but I would filter and boil the water in it before drinking it. This water I have so treated."
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Tindish » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:56 am

Tindish wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 15 vs 30% (+25% vs Concealment, Camouflage, & Palming (skills) & vs non-magic/psionic illusions)
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 17 and Original post: 1d100 = 66

Fox wrote: "Indeed, I am of the 12 tribes, though I have been long away from my tribal lands studying healing, as I am gifted with the mind magic of the healers. Kankoran, in general, have little respect for Priests or Mages."

Tindish straightens up a bit and brushes down his clothes, "Well now, what a turn of events. Tindish Kix, of the Algor Mountain collective. I am traveling to expand the trade relations of the Kix fief. It is a great pleasure to meet someone from the republic." Tindish reaches for the water with his left hand and offer his right in greeting. "A curse you say? Sounds like a blessing. Ah yes. Everyone should be so lucky as to experience the gloriousness of being kobold. I am glad for you that you had the chance."

"Thank you kindly sir. Nasty bit of business back there in deed." Tindish proceeds to use the water to wash his hand a bit more then gives the water back to the Kankoran. "What can I call you sir? And, who is the fine Dwarf you are travelling with?" Well, Can't be all bad. He is from the republic. And a Kankoran. Honorable I am sure. Well I hope.

"I am looking to meet with different trade guilds, do you by chance know if the city we are heading to has such an establishment?"
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
*Sixth Sense
Tindish

Postby Fox » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:01 pm

(Rolls carried over)

Fox responds, "If you mean Llorn, it does indeed have a trade guild. It is, in point of fact, a major trade center in good times. However, they are recovering from a major battle with a dragon that devastated one of the major trade markets. There has also been a problem with caravans and ships being raided by Orcs lately. At the moment, one could expect to get premium prices for food if brought in quantity."

He adds, "I was scarce more than a pup when I left home, I do not think I would be much use in making contacts with my tribe until I have a chance to return to them and earn a reputation."

I got interrupted when he was planning to head home, no telling when I will have another chance, he thinks. He also has plans to go...elsewhere, but he prefers not to even think about that except in private.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
Fox the Healer
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Tolliver Trask » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:13 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 81/62%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 5; 1d100 = 91
Conditions: Immune to Fire, Resistant to Cold, Sixth Sense

Prowl 1d100 = 26/50% Success (To stay hidden on the ridge line)

Trask watches the scene unfold and places a hand on his face and begins shaking his head. Utu help me, this is a strange day. Trask thinks before looking at the group. "Fine, so are you two up for assaulting an orcish encampment built into an old fort? If so, we should get a move on it so as to not lose the mild advantage we have with their numbers being reduced. If not, please don't alert the orcs as we try to slay them." Trask says in his usual gruff voice, before turning and walking back to the ridge-line, waiting for the rest to join him. If I survive today, I will make such an offering in your honor Lord Utu. Trask thinks as he collects his Lucern Hammer from where he left it on the ridge.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
Tolliver Trask
Group Leader

Postby Durak » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:33 am

perception 53% 1d100 = 79
JIC 1d100 = 8 1d20 = 16

As Tindish appears, Durak has to prevent himself sinking his head into his hands

Oh joy a Kobold, a goblin with delusions of grandeur.

He sighs as he looks around at the motley group and hefts his axe up ready to go.

"Trade can take a backseat to this situation gentlemen," he speaks gruffly, wanting to get on with dealing with the orcs, "Well, if you are joining us and I should note for you that there is a substantial reward for succeeding as well as some additional bits for the number of orcs dead etc. Try to be quiet and use the fog to hide yourself. Surprise is our friend here."

He turns to face Bonk

"Now you said you had a spell to help us climb. Sounds easier than using the grappling hooks. How long does it last?"

When the group decides to move out, Durak tries to use the fog sneak up to the fort.

OOC Comments
Prowl 66% 1d100 = 11
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:00 pm

Conditions:
Date: 13 May, 345
Time: 0730
Environment: Chilly & wet, light east to west breeze, a fog is developing
Location: Llornish Lowlands; two day's ride west-southwest of Neven

Intel

The copse of trees is alive with the sounds of nature. (Audio; open in new tab)
The motley band is discussing matters, and Trask is pointedly trying to cut through the banter and get to the gravity of their situation, when Tindish's ears prick up. There's a band of noisy humanoids approaching from the North. Tindish's ears catch them first, but Fox soon hears it soon as well. It sounds like orcs. Maybe a handful of them. Perhaps a foraging party or a perimeter patrol. By the sound of their boots, they'll be on the party's position in mere moments.

Map (open in new tab)

What are your intentions?

GM Notes:

Butcher's Bill

Durak:
Fox:
Thorgrim:
Trask:
Palladium Books Internet Policy
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Augur
Admin

Postby Fox » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:41 pm

Perception (42%): 1d100 = 82
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 13
JIC: 1d20 = 12
JIC%: 1d100 = 26

Fox perks up his ears and points his nose in the direction of the disturbance, "Someone is coming, probably an Orc patrol, we should take cover and prepare an ambush. Any we kill now will not be there to fight later."

Our job is to end this threat so trade can resume, killing them piecemeal is the most effective strategy. Fog will aid us, it will make it harder to pinpoint the sounds of battle, though they will carry farther, Fox thinks.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Fox the Healer
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Tindish » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:54 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 16
JIC: 1d20 = 11 and 1d100 = 37

Constant Conditions: Sixth Sense(Active)

Tolliver Trask wrote:"Fine, so are you two up for assaulting an orcish encampment built into an old fort? If so, we should get a move on it so as to not lose the mild advantage we have with their numbers being reduced. If not, please don't alert the orcs as we try to slay them."

When the man pops up talking about assaulting ors Tindish's ear perk up slightly, Hmm, not sure how much muscle I can provide, but maybe, his thoughts trail off just as the dwarf interjects.

Durak wrote:"Trade can take a backseat to this situation gentlemen. Well, if you are joining us and I should note for you that there is a substantial reward for succeeding as well as some additional bits for the number of orcs dead etc. Try to be quiet and use the fog to hide yourself. Surprise is our friend here."
He turns to face Bonk "Now you said you had a spell to help us climb. Sounds easier than using the grappling hooks. How long does it last?"

At the mention of reward a smile makes it's way to Tindish's face, No good dead and all, maybe this was a fortunate happenstance. He looks at the two strangers, "Gentlemen, I am not sure that my physical prowess can add much more that two fine folk such as yourselves, but, I may have a trick or two that can aid in your endeavors. I think this could be beneficial to us Mr. Bonk, What do you think?" Just as he asks the question he hears something in the distance, humanoids travelling. Hmm, could that be a band of Orcs? Just as he thinks they might be orcs the kankoran mentions the same thing out loud.

Fox wrote:"Someone is coming, probably an Orc patrol, we should take cover and prepare an ambush. Any we kill now will not be there to fight later."

Tindish quickly looks for a place to hide. "What is the plan?" he asks out loud to no one in general hoping someone knows what they are doing. I'm a dealer of fine antiquates and great weapons, not a soldier. Dear me, momma said there would be days like this. Once he finds a suitable place he works to camouflage himself as not to be seen. When the Orcs arrive, Tindish projects the sound of rustling leaves to the opposite side the team is hiding on to distract the beasts and get them to turn their backs.

Action

Initiative: 1d20+1 = 21
Actions: 5

Action 1: Jump in bush, hide/camouflage self
Action 2: Project Rustling sound in the bushes telepathically
Action 3: Reserved for dodge/contingency
Action 4: Reserved for dodge/contingency
Action 5: Reserved for dodge/contingency

Should the orcs show up later than action 2, Tindish will move the sound projection tot he appropriate action as needed to distract at least 3 of them.

Level Two: Advanced Sound (4), Range 120'/line of sight, Duration: 4 min per 4 I.S.P., PFRPG B2; Pg 20 *Can affect 1 victim per XP level

Contingency

Should an orc or anyone else try to attack Tindish he will attempt to dodge.

Action 1: 1d20+7 = 10, Action 2:1d20+7 = 14 , Action 3:1d20+7 = 20 , Action 4:1d20+7 = 23, Action 5: 1d20+7 = 20,

If an orc is not distracted or saves, Tindish will attempt to project again.

If Tindish sees an orc getting the better of anyone in the group he will cancel the noise projection and create a visual image for that particular orc of another orc attacking/charging it.
Level Three: Visual images (3), Range 12'/line of sight, Duration: 5 min per 5 I.S.P., PFRPG B2; Pg 21 - Roll % to determine quality 1d100 = 67 vs 76% (see page 21 Old Ones)

skills
Camouflage 42% vs 1d100 = 81 - Jump in a bush and hide himself
Last edited by Tindish on Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:59 am, edited 6 times in total.
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
*Sixth Sense
Tindish

Postby Durak » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:55 am

perception 53% 1d100 = 65
JIC 1d100 = 351d20 = 5

Tindish wrote:Gentlemen, I am not sure that my physical prowess can add much more that two fine folk such as yourselves, but, I may have a trick or two that can aid in your endeavors. I think this could beneficial to us Mr. Bonk, What do you think?"

The Kobold isn't much use, what a surprise Duraks shakes his head slightly, impatiently wanting to get on with their mission.

OOC Comments
yes, Durak is being an ass

Fox wrote:"Someone is coming, probably an Orc patrol, we should take cover and prepare an ambush. Any we kill now will not be there to fight later."

Durak turns around and twirls his axe around, ready for a fight.

Tindish wrote: "What is the plan?"

"Ambush them as they pass," Durak responds quietly, starting to move to one side, towards where they had been hiding "haven't been sending out patrols before so they must have heard us, he looks at Bonk as he does so, "use the fog to our advantage and kill them quickly. Provided nobody gets hurt badly, move on to infiltrating the tower before they realise what has happened."

At this point, Durak moves to hide in readiness for the ambush.

OOC Comments
Prowl 66% 1d100 = 39

Combat
OOC Comments
If combat breaks out
Initiative 1d20+1 = 13
Attacks 6
Strike Bonus: +2
Parry Bonus: +5
Dodge Bonus: +5
HTH Damage Bonus: +8
Critical Strike 18-20
W.P Targeting +3 Strike
W.P. Battle Axe +3 Strike, +1d6 damage, +2 Strike Thrown, +2 Parry
Battle Axe Modifiers: +4 to damage, +2 to parry, +2 to strike

Depending on how many there are

If heavily outnumbered (2 or 3 to 1), Durak will help the others retreat, throwing Stonebiter and parrying with his axe as required

attack 1 move
attack 2 throw stonebiter 1d20+3 = 22 2d4+3 = 6 critical 12 damage
attack 3 move
attack 4 throw stonebiter 1d20+3 = 12 2d4+3 = 9
attack 5 move
attack 6 throw stonebiter 1d20+3 = 8 2d4+3 = 10

If only a small patrol, Durak will try and ambush one of them in HtH combat

Attack 1 1d20+7 = 27 4d6+12 = 27 critical 54
Attack 2 1d20+7 = 10 4d6+12 = 23
Attack 3 1d20+7 = 8 4d6+12 = 25
Attack 4 1d20+7 = 26 4d6+12 = 20 critical 40 damage
Attack 5 1d20+7 = 16 4d6+12 = 31
Attack 6 1d20+7 = 21 4d6+12 = 27

Parry
1d20+9 = 14
1d20+9 = 18
1d20+9 = 26
1d20+9 = 14
1d20+9 = 13
1d20+9 = 20
1d20+9 = 12
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Bracers AR15
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Fox » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:48 am

Rolls Held over)

As per orders, Fox takes cover, preferably in the direction the Orc patrol is headed towards, putting him farther away from them. He decides it is worth risking using his bow, and brings it out, ready to use. The ancient weapon appears to be runic in nature, though it has never spoken to him as Rune weapons are said to be able to.

He attempts to be stealthy and wants some cover in case they have archers of their own.

Prowl (55%): 1d100 = 69

Once he is in position, he will cover himself with his leaf blanket for camouflage (90% undetectable until he moves...as per Chameleon spell).
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Fox the Healer
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Tolliver Trask » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:17 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 56/62%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 20 Nat 20!; 1d100 = 67
Conditions: Sixth Sense (Active), Immunity to Fire, Resistance to Cold.

Prowl: 1d100 = 7/50% Pass (To stay as hidden as Trask can)

Initiative: 1d20+11 = 24
Number of Attacks: 7

Action One: Fire Crossbow on approaching Orc. (Strike: 1d20+4 = 12; Damage: 2d6 = 8)
Action Two: Switch to Long Sword and shield.
Action Three: Attack nearby Orc with Longsword. (Strike: 1d20+13 = 33 (Nat 20!); Damage: 3d6+10 = 19 38)
Action Four: Attack nearby Orc with Longsword. (Strike: 1d20+13 = 28; Damage: 3d6+10 = 23)
Action Five: Attack nearby Orc with Longsword. (Strike: 1d20+13 = 29; Damage: 3d6+10 = 19)
Action Six: Attack nearby Orc with Longsword. (Strike: 1d20+13 = 22; Damage: 3d6+10 = 16)
Action Seven: Attack nearby Orc with Longsword. (Strike: 1d20+13 = 23; Damage: 3d6+10 = 19)

Parries w/ Shield as needed: 1d20+14 = 27, 1d20+14 = 22, 1d20+14 = 27, 1d20+14 = 25, 1d20+14 = 16, 1d20+14 = 23, 1d20+14 = 27.
Dodges if Armor at half or into Hit points: 1d20+12 = 28, 1d20+12 = 17, 1d20+12 = 21, 1d20+12 = 23, 1d20+12 = 20, 1d20+12 = 22, 1d20+12 = 17.

Note: Trask will not run off to fight these orcs, he will stay with the group so as to not get surrounded or cut off from possible help.

Contingency: If the don't approach close enough to fight in melee, Trask will continue to use his Crossbow.

Action Two: Reload Crossbow.
Action Three: Fire Crossbow on approaching Orc. (Strike: 1d20+4 = 8; Damage: 2d6 = 11)
Action Four: Reload Crossbow.
Action Five: Fire Crossbow on approaching Orc. (Strike: 1d20+4 = 20; Damage: 2d6 = 6)
Action Six: Reload Crossbow.
Action Seven: Fire Crossbow on approaching Orc. (Strike: 1d20+4 = 20; Damage: 2d6 = 6)

Trask curses in his head. Should have moved this along much faster. Trask crouches down in the brush and tries to stay out of sight long enough to make an initial shot. If the orcs work true to nature, he drops his crossbow afterwards and draws his sword and shield, and readies to meet the beasts near his companions. Hopefully we can do this quietly and then there won't be an issue. Trask thinks.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
Constant Effects
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
• Indestructible
Tolliver Trask
Group Leader

Postby Bonk Boree » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:35 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 70/23%
JIC: 1d20 = 13/1d100 = 96
Initiative: 1d20 = 20
APM: 4

Tindish wrote:"Bonk, is this a problem? Are you going to introduce your new friends?"

Bonk grins. "Not problem, traveling buddy, but rather glorious opportunity to help poor nearby orc raiders suffering from too much life, liberty and on-hand provisions." He adds a shrug as he points to Durak. "Introductions? This one is not 'Trask,' so he is 'Not-Trask' until he gives us better name. That makes other two friends 'Maybe-Trask' and 'Also-Maybe-Trask.' Introductions now made pending better ones involving strong drinks and warm fires."

Not-Trask wrote:"Trade can take a backseat to this situation gentlemen," he speaks gruffly, wanting to get on with dealing with the orcs, "Well, if you are joining us and I should note for you that there is a substantial reward for succeeding as well as some additional bits for the number of orcs dead etc. Try to be quiet and use the fog to hide yourself. Surprise is our friend here."

"Now you said you had a spell to help us climb. Sounds easier than using the grappling hooks. How long does it last?"

Bonk nods. "Roughly 15 minutes. I cast on everyone right before we start, should give plenty of time. And yes, easier than grappling hooks."

OCC Reference
Climb
Range: Self or others up to 40 feet (12.2 m) away.
Duration: Five minutes (20 melee rounds) per level of experience.
Saving Throw: None
P.P.E.: Three
A spell that enables the enchanted person to climb with exceptional, almost inhuman, skill, speed and agility. Skill level is 98% for normal, rough, climbable surfaces; speed is equal to speed attribute. Smooth, presumably unclimbable or extremely difficult surfaces to climb can be scaled with a skill level of 60% and at 80% of one's normal speed. Rappelling is included.

Tindish wrote:"Gentlemen, I am not sure that my physical prowess can add much more that two fine folk such as yourselves, but, I may have a trick or two that can aid in your endeavors. I think this could be beneficial to us Mr. Bonk, What do you think?"

Bonk gives Tindish a nod and a grin. "Always good time to do good deeds, traveling buddy. Not-Trask and Maybe-Trask look to be good fighters, Also-Maybe-Trask also looks capable and can heal, so we can bring spells into equation. Let us de-orc the area, eh?"

Also-Maybe-Trask wrote:Fox perks up his ears and points his nose in the direction of the disturbance, "Someone is coming, probably an Orc patrol, we should take cover and prepare an ambush. Any we kill now will not be there to fight later."

Tindish wrote:"What is the plan?"

Not-Trask wrote:"Ambush them as they pass," Durak responds quietly, starting to move to one side, towards where they had been hiding "haven't been sending out patrols before so they must have heard us, he looks at Bonk as he does so, "use the fog to our advantage and kill them quickly. Provided nobody gets hurt badly, move on to infiltrating the tower before they realise what has happened."

Bonk gives Durak a 'who, me?' reaction at first, then nods as he pulls his war hammer back out and moves into the bushes to hide as well. "If you see any falling asleep, do not get too close. Take care of non-sleepy ones first and pick off others with bows..." he says softly as he mumbles something unintelligible and fades from sight.

Combat Actions
- H.P.: 27
- S.D.C.: 49 (currently 79 thanks to Talisman of Marduk)
- Wearing studded leather armor (full) -- AR 13, 38 SDC
- spell strength: 13

Actions:
- "Y'all basically have 1 free action before they're on top of you." -- ducks down in the bushes as best he can and casts Chameleon on himself (6 PPE)

1.) Cast Cloud of Slumber (4 PPE) when the orc party gets into within 90' -- ideally where the path hits the top of the map so as to keep the 20'x20' area of effect far enough away so that the group doesn't run too much a risk of drifting into it when we ambush the ones who made their saves. Those who fail to save vs magic are asleep for 12 melees/3 minutes.

2.) Cast Magic Net on an orc that makes it through the cloud if needed -- hopefully more than one if they're bunched together (7 PPE)

3.) Ogre-kick another orc that makes it through the cloud if needed. Strike: 1d20+2 = 7; Damage: 3d6+7 = 15 SDC

4.) Reserved for dodging. Dodge: 1d20+3 = 11

Auto-parries with war hammer if needed: 1d20+6 = 14, 1d20+6 = 26, 1d20+6 = 22, 1d20+6 = 18
Bonk Boree

Postby Fox » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:27 pm

(Rolls Held over)

Fox will wait until the others in the party initiate the attack, staying still under the cover of his leaf blanket's chameleon spell. Once the action is started, he will use his Dwarven Longsword, saving his bow until the Orcs try to flee...unless they Orcs have us significantly outnumbered. In that case he will use the bow from the start.

Actions: 5 per Melee, Sword Strike +6, Sword Parry +6, Sword Damage 2d6, Dodge +3
Action 1) Close with leading Orc and attack: Sword Strike 1d20+6 = 11, Sword Damage 2d6+6 = 15, Sword Parry 1d20+6 = 8
Action 2) attack: Sword Strike 1d20+6 = 18, Sword Damage 2d6+6 = 14, Sword Parry 1d20+6 = 13
Action 3) attack: Sword Strike 1d20+6 = 19, Sword Damage 2d6+6 = 15, Sword Parry 1d20+6 = 12
Action 4) attack: Sword Strike 1d20+6 = 7, Sword Damage 2d6+6 = 12, Sword Parry 1d20+6 = 15
Action 5) Dodge 1d20+3 = 4

Actions if using bow: Bow Strike +7, Bow parry +4, Bow Damage +4d6+Tesla Effect, Dodge +3
Action 1) Stay well back and fire bow: Bow Strike 1d20+7 = 12, Bow Damage 4d6 = 18, Parry 1d20+4 = 12
Action 1) fire bow: Bow Strike 1d20+7 = 20, Bow Damage 4d6 = 13, Parry 1d20+4 = 15
Action 1) fire bow: Bow Strike 1d20+7 = 10, Bow Damage 4d6 = 21, Parry 1d20+4 = 12
Action 1) fire bow: Bow Strike 1d20+7 = 12, Bow Damage 4d6 = 15, Parry 1d20+4 = 23
Action 5) Dodge 1d20+3 = 23
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Fox the Healer
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:52 pm

Conditions:
Time: 0730.25

Intel

Fox perks up his ears and points his nose in the direction of the disturbance, "Someone is coming, probably an Orc patrol, we should take cover and prepare an ambush. Any we kill now will not be there to fight later." The hairs on the back of Trasks' neck suddenly stand on end and he knows an attack is imminent (sixth sense). Trask ducks back into the undergrowth, and draws his crossbow. Tindish responds to the emergent threat with "Gentlemen, I am not sure that my physical prowess can add much more that two fine folk such as yourselves, but, I may have a trick or two that can aid in your endeavors. I think this could be beneficial to us Mr. Bonk, What do you think? What is the plan?" Tindish dashes to hide in the undergrowth. Durak turns around and twirls his axe around, spoiling for a fight. "Ambush them as they pass," Durak answers, slipping into the underbrush beside the kobold. "Haven't been sending out patrols before so they must have heard us, he looks at Bonk as he does so, "use the fog to our advantage and kill them quickly. Provided nobody gets hurt badly, move on to infiltrating the tower before they realize what has happened." Fox ducks behind a tree and pulls his bow, having no time for anything more. Bonk draws his war hammer and moves into the bushes with the others. "If you see any falling asleep, do not get too close. Take care of non-sleepy ones first and pick off others with bows."

Tindish jumps in the underbrush and hides as the quartet of orcs charges into sight grunting and looking mean as hell. One has a nasty looking battle axe held overhead as he charges the group, two have spears which look like they’ve seen plenty of use, and one in the back has a long, wicked polearm with a heavy, cleaving head. Bonk stands his ground, says a quick chant in strange, airy words he doesn’t understand, and brings forth a pale blue mist in the path of the charging orcs. The axeman and one of the spearmen fall asleep in mid-stride and hit the dity face-first. The other spearman behind the front line looks as though he’s alarmed just as he steps into the cloud and follows the example of the previous two. The orc with the polearm seems oblivious of the cloud, charges past and over his comrades, and then looks confused for a moment as he stares at them sleeping with dirty faces in the middle of the forest path. He then notices Bonk and growls aggressively until Trask, Fox, and Durak step out of the underbrush, weapons drawn. The orc looks confused for a moment again, then seems to hammer out some basic math in his head even as Tindish steps out as well. The orc drops his polearm in front of his feet and hangs his head on slumped shoulders.

Map (open in new tab)

GM Notes:

Butcher's Bill

Bonk: -4 P.P.E
Durak:
Fox:
Tindish:
Trask:
ImageImage
Medals
Augur
Admin

Postby Fox » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:53 am

Perception (42%): 1d100 = 12
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 4
JIC: 1d20 = 1
JIC%: 1d100 = 43

Fox sees that it is a small patrol of only four enemies, he prepares to draw his sword and attack, but then the Wizard uses a spell and all but one of the enemy fall to the ground sleeping. He does draw the sword, but though he steps forward he does not attack, giving the Orc a chance to surrender.

He thinks, That was the best fight I have had since I joined this group, no injuries to heal.

Fox takes a quick scan of the area for other Orcs, just in case they thought to have scouts out before a larger patrol, then (if he sees nothing), will say, "Excellently done, Bonk. If you will remove the magic cloud, I will tie up the sleepers, if someone has some rope I can use, while the others question the remaining Orc."

Fox knows that the orcs will remain asleep for some time after the cloud is removed. He is trained in the use of ropes, though he is not as good as sailors or others who use the skill regularly, it makes him the logical one to tie up the sleepers and remove their weapons.

Rope Use: (6 rolls: two for each sleeping Orc in case the first roll fails, 50%) Orc 1 1d100 = 1, 1d100 = 33, Orc 2 1d100 = 6, 1d100 = 79, Orc 3 1d100 = 93, 1d100 = 88

After the Orcs are secured, he will say to the newcomers, "I am called Fox by humans, for the creature my kind resembles. It is a good enough term to use, it being wise to keep one's true name a secret."
Last edited by Fox on Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Fox the Healer
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Tindish » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:11 am

Perception: 1d100 = 59 vs 30% +25% vs Concealment, Camouflage, & Palming (skills) & vs non-magic/psionic illusions
JIC: 1d20 = 18 and 1d100 = 99

Tindish jumps from the bushes as the orcs weapon falls and his head slumps. He draws his short sword and says, "Ha Ha! Foul Beast! You and your horde have been bested by the." He pauses, tilts his head thoughtfully and looks toward Not-Trask, Maybe Trask and Now Fox then turns back tot he orc. "But of course by the Trask Gang!" Smiling he thinks, Or is it the Not-Trask gang? Hmm.

Tindish turns to Bonk, "As the Fox has said good sir, excellent work! Even better for these miserable beasts. I was on the verge of attack myself when you made quick work of them. It would have been a sad day for their families had you not intervened." He walks up to the orc standing in front of them. "Tell us where you have hidden all your plunder and we may consider letting you and you cohorts live. Speak up beast. If you know what is good for you." Tindish walks back to the group with a confident saunter when he realizes he is covered in dirt and leaves from jumping in the bush.

Immediately he start to brush himself off, "Oh bother, what a mess I have made of myself. This is no way to make a presentation. No way at all." After cleaning himself off he looks down at his hands, "Goodness, does anyone have a bit of water they can spare so I can wash my hands?"

Seeing Fox tie up the sleeping orcs he calls out, "Good Fox, you may wish to check those binding for tightness after you have finished. Nobody likes a waking angry orc free from bindings. I myself would help, but I am not so familiar with knot tying." Once he is all cleaned up Tindish will search all 4 orcs for anything they might have hidden on them.

Skills
Find Contraband 32% vs 1d100 = 76 - search the orcs for any hidden contraband.
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
*Sixth Sense
Tindish

Postby Fox » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:31 am

(Rolls held over)
Tindish comes off a bit foppish and egocentric, but that is nothing unusual, Foc has encountered many of the kind. The question remains of whether or not he is competant.

What Tindish suggest is a reasonable precaution, so Fox checks and discovers the third Orc is not properly secured. He again attempts to tie him.

Use Rope 1d100 = 78, Auxiliary Use Rope 1d100 = 68

Fox thinks he has him tied...

He suggests, "Someone else should check my work, Just in case."
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Fox the Healer
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Durak » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:52 am

Perception 53% 1d100 = 99
JIC 1d20 = 6 1d100 = 18

As Bonk's spell works spectacularly, Durak looks surprised, then nods in approval. He keeps his voice down low as to not attract attention .

"Efficient to say the least," Durak nods his head again, as he reaches into his satchel hanging at his side. He extracts a long coil of rope, that looks too big to fit in there.

"Fox, use this," he says, throwing the rope to the Kankoran, before moving around and collecting weapons from the unconscious orcs, whilst trying to stay out of the cloud if it is still active. As he does so, he checks the quality of the weapons.

OOC Comments
Metalworking (equivalent to Field Armourer) 71% 1d100 = 50

Durak then holds his axe against the orc who surrendered to get its attention.

"Right, you seem to be the smart one of your group so you get to answer a few questions," Durak growls at the orc, giving it a bit of a prod with the blunt top of the orc, "how many orcs are in the camp and where in the camp would we generally find your two leaders?"

OOC Comments
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 30% 1d100 = 60 get info out of the orc
Intelligence 44% 1d100 = 82 ID the clan and piece together what he learns with what they already know
Language: Gobblely 71% 1d100 = 33
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Bracers AR15
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Fox » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:30 am

(Rolls Held over)

Fox notes in Eastern, "We can not take too long, if this patrol will be missed. See if you can find out why they were sent out."

He muses, There might be other reasons they came this way, other than detecting us.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Fox the Healer
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Tindish » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:20 am

Tindish wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 59 vs 30% +25% vs Concealment, Camouflage, & Palming (skills) & vs non-magic/psionic illusions
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 18 and Original post: 1d100 = 99

Tindish looks at the orc in front with his head down and shoulders slumped. "If I may good sirs, it may be possible for one of us to walk in the front gate? Or maybe distract enough of them and redirect their focus to allow the main group to gain access." He turns back tot he group, "I have certain abilities, I can walk up to the main gate and pull a group of them away. Do you think this may offer an advantage? It could at the least take their focus from you climb you have mentioned."

Tindish looks around to see if he can tell if the group is receptive tot he idea, I may not be the best choice for a direct assault but I can at least draw some attention and give the others an upper hand. He looks over at Bonk, "Maybe, if we can get enough of them to chase. Mr. Bonk can cast a similar spell and I can lead them into it. This would be a great advantage."
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
*Sixth Sense
Tindish

Postby Tolliver Trask » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:17 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 88/62%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 12; 1d100 = 100
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Immunity to Fire, Resistance to Cold.

Fox wrote:"Excellently done, Bonk. If you will remove the magic cloud, I will tie up the sleepers, if someone has some rope I can use, while the others question the remaining Orc."

"I have some on Garrick, it'll take me a minute to go get it." Trask says quietly.

Fox wrote: "I am called Fox by humans, for the creature my kind resembles. It is a good enough term to use, it being wise to keep one's true name a secret."

Trask rolls his eyes.

Tindish wrote:"[/b] He pauses, tilts his head thoughtfully and looks toward Not-Trask, Maybe Trask and Now Fox then turns back tot he orc. "But of course by the Trask Gang!"

Trask just shakes his head. What the hells.

Tindish wrote:"Tell us where you have hidden all your plunder and we may consider letting you and you cohorts live. Speak up beast. If you know what is good for you."

Trask shoots Tindish a look. "Keep it down, I would not like more of his fellows on us." Trask whispers harshly.

Tindish wrote:"Oh bother, what a mess I have made of myself. This is no way to make a presentation. No way at all." After cleaning himself off he looks down at his hands, "Goodness, does anyone have a bit of water they can spare so I can wash my hands?"

Trask again shakes his head. Utu save me!

Tindish wrote:"If I may good sirs, it may be possible for one of us to walk in the front gate? Or maybe distract enough of them and redirect their focus to allow the main group to gain access." He turns back tot he group, "I have certain abilities, I can walk up to the main gate and pull a group of them away. Do you think this may offer an advantage? It could at the least take their focus from you climb you have mentioned."

Tindish looks around to see if he can tell if the group is receptive tot he idea, I may not be the best choice for a direct assault but I can at least draw some attention and give the others an upper hand. He looks over at Bonk, "Maybe, if we can get enough of them to chase. Mr. Bonk can cast a similar spell and I can lead them into it. This would be a great advantage."

Trask again shakes his head. "That sounds more like you have an absolute death wish, as they have archers who will likely shoot you first." Trask says again quietly. "Let's just get them tied up to the tree, and continue with the plan of climbing the tower and holding it from the relative safety of the top of it. No muss, no fuss, and doesn't have to rely on hope that the Orcs will react a certain way." Trask says curtly and quietly. The fog should give us a bit of concealment, and Bonk's climbing spell will make the climb easy. The longer we wait the more chance they have to do something unexpected. So lets move it." Trask finishes quietly.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
Constant Effects
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
• Indestructible
Tolliver Trask
Group Leader

Postby Fox » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:50 am

(rolls held over)

Fox agrees, "Trask is right, unless you can disguise us as this patrol, they are likely to be suspicious of anyone coming in right now. You are likely to be shot."

Fox thinks, If he somehow CAN disguise us at the patrol, it may be a different matter.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Fox the Healer
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Tindish » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:16 am

Tindish wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 59 vs 30% +25% vs Concealment, Camouflage, & Palming (skills) & vs non-magic/psionic illusions
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 18 and Original post: 1d100 = 99

Tolliver Trask wrote: "That sounds more like you have an absolute death wish, as they have archers who will likely shoot you first." Trask says again quietly. "Let's just get them tied up to the tree, and continue with the plan of climbing the tower and holding it from the relative safety of the top of it. No muss, no fuss, and doesn't have to rely on hope that the Orcs will react a certain way." Trask says curtly and quietly. The fog should give us a bit of concealment, and Bonk's climbing spell will make the climb easy. The longer we wait the more chance they have to do something unexpected. So lets move it." Trask finishes quietly.

Fox wrote:"Trask is right, unless you can disguise us as this patrol, they are likely to be suspicious of anyone coming in right now. You are likely to be shot."

Tinidsh looks between back and forth between the two as the reply, What advantage do I gain by explaining fully my abilities at this time. None. Maybe it is best to keep such matters for a later time. Yes, indeed maybe a later time. When Fox finishes agreeing with Trask he replies in a slightly lower voice, "Good sirs, I defer to you obvious expertise in these matters. Not having been party to castle conquest in the past, I am an obvious novice in these decisions. If you feel climbing the tower is best, I will of course follow suit."

I hope their plan is well thought out, he thinks to himself while turning to Bonk, "Sir bonk, I have very limited experience with the art or ascending such structures. This spell. The climbing spell. Does it require of me previous knowledge of sorts? Although I am a Kobolt of worldly knowledge, climbing has escaped my studies for the time being. i am sure you understand."
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
*Sixth Sense
Tindish

Postby Bonk Boree » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:42 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 68/23%
JIC: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 71

Conditions:
- PPE: 108/112

The GM wrote:Bonk did stuff, other folks did other stuff, and three out of four orcs surveyed prefer 'Cloud of Slumber' to the national brand for a good night's rest.

Bonk rubs his chin as all but one of the orcs fall victim to his sleep spell. Well now, that couldn't have gone much better if I had actually planned it... He briefly spins around to give his new companions a smirk and a shrug before turning his gaze around to the sole 'woke' orc. "So, lucky friend... you have opted out of naptime so we have special limited-time offer..." he motions with his hammer over towards where the others are gathered. "Other friends need volunteer from audience to help with amazing rope trick. Thank you for coming to today's performance."

Fox wrote:"Excellently done, Bonk. If you will remove the magic cloud, I will tie up the sleepers, if someone has some rope I can use, while the others question the remaining Orc."

Bonk nods in thanks. "Bonk thinks that is more than 'one-Fox' job. When spell is dropped, sleepers wake in seconds instead of minutes. Suggest we show lucky friend here amazing rope trick first, then everybody take a sleeper to tie up before wake up, yes?"

Tindish wrote:Tindish turns to Bonk, "As the Fox has said good sir, excellent work! Even better for these miserable beasts. I was on the verge of attack myself when you made quick work of them. It would have been a sad day for their families had you not intervened." He walks up to the orc standing in front of them. "Tell us where you have hidden all your plunder and we may consider letting you and you cohorts live. Speak up beast. If you know what is good for you." Tindish walks back to the group with a confident saunter when he realizes he is covered in dirt and leaves from jumping in the bush.

Immediately he start to brush himself off, "Oh bother, what a mess I have made of myself. This is no way to make a presentation. No way at all." After cleaning himself off he looks down at his hands, "Goodness, does anyone have a bit of water they can spare so I can wash my hands?"

Bonk gently places a hand on Tindish's shoulder. "Easy there, traveling buddy. Do not want to scare lucky friend to death, yes?" He does his best to stifle a smile. The Trask Gang? Sounds a bit highwayman-ish for my liking, but I admit it's kind of catchy. "And anyway hold still. ধোয়া..." he mutters under his breath and magic energy flows over Tindish, magically removing all dirt, grime, stains, and just about anything "unclean." The kobold instantly becomes spotless, from head to toe. ((OOC: Casting 'Cleanse' -- 6 PPE)) "Wondered how long you would go before asking for cleanup. When we get to Llorn, you must learn this. Bonk could try and teach you if you want."

Durak wrote:"Efficient to say the least,"

Bonk nods again. "Bonk has moments. Some better moments than others. Here is hoping rest of day goes at least half as well."

Tolliver Trask wrote:Trask again shakes his head. "That sounds more like you have an absolute death wish, as they have archers who will likely shoot you first." Trask says again quietly. "Let's just get them tied up to the tree, and continue with the plan of climbing the tower and holding it from the relative safety of the top of it. No muss, no fuss, and doesn't have to rely on hope that the Orcs will react a certain way." Trask says curtly and quietly. The fog should give us a bit of concealment, and Bonk's climbing spell will make the climb easy. The longer we wait the more chance they have to do something unexpected. So lets move it." Trask finishes quietly.

Fox wrote:"Trask is right, unless you can disguise us as this patrol, they are likely to be suspicious of anyone coming in right now. You are likely to be shot."

Aha, so THAT one is Trask... So we have Trask, Not-Trask, and Fox. Now we're getting somewhere.

Bonk shakes his head. "Disguise spells are out of Bonk's... what is word? 'Wheelhouse?' Yes, that is word. And no one here looks properly orky enough for tired old 'sneak in with stolen armor' trick to work. Old plan is best plan. Now time for amazing rope tricks, yes?"

If further rope is needed, he'll cast Create Rope (2 PPE per 45 feet) to generate more. Once all the orcs are trussed up and Trask/Not-Trask are (presumably) questioning, he bends down to listen to Tindish.

Tindish wrote:I hope their plan is well thought out, he thinks to himself while turning to Bonk, "Sir bonk, I have very limited experience with the art or ascending such structures. This spell. The climbing spell. Does it require of me previous knowledge of sorts? Although I am a Kobolt of worldly knowledge, climbing has escaped my studies for the time being. i am sure you understand."

Bonk gives the kobold a grin and a thumbs-up. "Not to worry, traveling buddy. When spell takes hold, climbing will come as easily to you as dressing dapperly. Will feel like have been making mountain goats jealous since you were tiny little koboldling. Will be big fun!"
Bonk Boree

Postby Augur » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Conditions:
Time: 0745

Intel

Tindish walks up to the orc standing in front of them and says in Gobblely, "Tell us where you have hidden all your plunder and we may consider letting you and you cohorts live. Speak up beast. If you know what is good for you." The orc looks both sullen and confused, and says nothing. Tindish searches the orcs for any hidden contraband, but finds nothing on their persons save for their weapons and cobbled together armor.

Bonk mocks the surrendered orc with colorful euphemisms. "So, lucky friend, you have opted out of nap time so we have special limited-time offer. Other friends need volunteer from audience to help with amazing rope trick. Thank you for coming to today's performance." The orc simply glares at the ogre. Bonk then cleans off the mussed Kobold with a handy spell.

Trask glares at Tindish and whispers harshly, "Keep it down, I would not like more of his fellows on us."

Durak extracts a long coil of rope from his satchel, and throws it to Fox. The Kankoran requires the help of the others to drag the sleeping orcs to a nearby tree where Fox ties them up. Durak assesses their gear as fair, though poorly maintained and not of high quality. In Gobblely, Durak asks the orc who surrendered, "Right, you seem to be the smart one of your group so you get to answer a few questions. How many orcs are in the camp, and where in the camp would we generally find your two leaders?"

The orc does his best to shrug his powerful shoulders while being tied to the tree in a seated position. "Couple dozen depending how many are scouting or hunting. Chieftains normally found anywhere, but one favors a hearth-room southeast of fort, the other a warm fire wherever he find it."

Tindish addresses the group, "If I may, good sirs, it may be possible for one of us to walk in the front gate? Or maybe distract enough of them and redirect their focus to allow the main group to gain access. I have certain abilities, I can walk up to the main gate and pull a group of them away. Do you think this may offer an advantage? It could at the least take their focus from you climb you have mentioned. Maybe, if we can get enough of them to chase. Mr. Bonk can cast a similar spell and I can lead them into it. This would be a great advantage."

Trask shakes his head. "That sounds more like you have an absolute death wish, as they have archers who will likely shoot you first. Let's just get them tied up to the tree, and continue with the plan of climbing the tower and holding it from the relative safety of the top of it. No muss, no fuss, and doesn't have to rely on hope that the Orcs will react a certain way. The fog should give us a bit of concealment, and Bonk's climbing spell will make the climb easy. The longer we wait the more chance they have to do something unexpected. So lets move it."

Bonk remarks, "Disguise spells are out of Bonk's--what is word?--'Wheelhouse?' Yes, that is word. And no one here looks properly orcy enough for tired old 'sneak in with stolen armor' trick to work. Old plan is best plan."

Fox agrees, "Trask is right, unless you can disguise us as this patrol, they are likely to be suspicious of anyone coming in right now. You are likely to be shot." He then adds, "We can not take too long, if this patrol will be missed. See if you can find out why they were sent out."

Tindish adds in a lower tone of voice, "Good sirs, I defer to you obvious expertise in these matters. Not having been party to castle conquest in the past, I am an obvious novice in these decisions. If you feel climbing the tower is best, I will of course follow suit. Sir bonk, I have very limited experience with the art or ascending such structures. This spell. The climbing spell. Does it require of me previous knowledge of sorts? Although I am a Kobold of worldly knowledge, climbing has escaped my studies for the time being. i am sure you understand."

Bonk replies to Tindish as everyone sets out after Trask, following his lead. "Not to worry, traveling buddy. When spell takes hold, climbing will come as easily to you as dressing dapperly. Will feel like have been making mountain goats jealous since you were tiny little koboldling. Will be big fun!"

Within a few minutes everyone is through the patch of trees, over the hill, and in sight of the orcish stronghold. They take another sum of minutes to split up and survey the area around the stronghold, using the thick fog for cover. Defensive works still surround the place as per the group's previous scouting, and they can see the fuzzy outlines of at least two orcs upon the battlements.

Map (open in new tab)

GM Notes:

Butcher's Bill

Bonk: -10 P.P.E
Durak:
Fox:
Tindish:
Trask:
ImageImage
Medals
Augur
Admin

Postby Fox » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:09 am

Perception (42%): 1d100 = 67
JIC: 1d20 = 17
JIC%: 1d100 = 19

Fox thinks, Best not to alert those inside that they are being scouted.

Fox attempts to sneak around the fortress, but he carries with him his Leaf Blanket so that he can throw it over him if he thinks he has made noise and might be spotted. He considers keeping the blanket on him the whole way, but that would be far slower, so he tries
OOC Comments
Stealth (55%): 1d100 = 73

When he has seen what he can see, he moves to the area of the tower, where he assumes we plan to meet since our goal is to climb it.

He thinks to himself, The fog is both a blessing and less of one, we have as much trouble scouting them as they will of spotting us. Our only advantage is we already know someone is there.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Fox the Healer
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Tindish » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:55 am

Perception: 1d100 = 55 vs 30%, +25% vs Concealment, Camouflage, & Palming (skills) & vs non-magic/psionic illusions
JIC: 1d20 = 18 and 1d100 = 53

Constant Ability: Sixth Sense

When Bonk cast the cleanse on Tindish he looks down at himself. Seeing he is clean, the corners of his mouth turn up and a huge smile grows on his face. In a low voice he says to Bonk, "It is like a huge burden has been lifted from my shoulders. Thank you kind sir! Thank you indeed!"

Tindish follows the group to the stronghold. He does his best to stay as quiet as possible, thinking to himself along the way, A good distraction would help. Do I tell them? It may help. Torn, he decides to let Bonk in on his secret. He walks closely to him and in a low whisper, "Mr Bonk, Earlier you mentioned you did not have a spell to create disguises. Although I do not poses such knowledge either, I do have the ability," he pauses for a moment, still torn. Then settles to continue. "Sir, I have the ability to affect what others might see and hear. It is limited as of yet. So far I have been able to affect no more that 3 at once. Do you think this could help the group? Should I even mention this to them?'

As they walk south toward the tower and looking up at the battlements Tindish believes he can see only two orcs, he turns back to Bonk, "I could be wrong but it looks to be, that there are only two guards on watch. This would not be a problem for me. If there were more. Well, that might be a problem. Think it over. I value your opinion on the matter."

During the scouting Tindish will find an opportune moment to talk with Fox, "Good Fox, how long do you travel with the Trask gang? Do you find the company of the others sufficient and fulfilling?"

Skills
Prowl 42% vs 1d100 = 74
Last edited by Tindish on Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
*Sixth Sense
Tindish

Postby Fox » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:14 am

(Rolls Held over)

Fox replies (when the question is asked, which will be after we regroup presumably), "I met the group when I came to Llorn. It was only a few weeks ago, though it seems longer. First we did some investigations together, which lead to a fight with a Dragon who laired deep under the city. Then we got involved in fighting som of the Orcs whe were raiding caravans, which lead us to a clue they might have a hideout in this place."

He will keep his voice down, so as to keep from being overheard.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Fox the Healer
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Durak » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:01 pm

Perception 53% 1d100 = 23
JIC 1d100 = 9 1d20 = 11

When he finishes scouting outside, Durak rejoins the group, whispering as he does so.
"Two guards on patrol on the battlements. Don't worry about the spikes, they are designed for deterring cavalry and siege equipment, not 5 people trying to sneak through, but don't go too fast otherwise you will impale yourself. Try to avoid the guards, but if you have to deal with them, do it quietly. Their other boss is in the southwestern tower. We should deal with him first, but Bonk how many of those sleep spells can you cast?"

Once the group decides on a plan, Durak starts climbing the wall.

OOC Comments
Prowl 66% 1d100 = 66
Climb 71% or 90% from spell 1d100 = 64 1d100 = 22
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Bracers AR15
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Fox » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:10 am

(Rolls Held over)

Fox is not able to make out very much, he has to keep taking cover beneath his leaf blanket because fr some reason he seem clumsy today. Eventually he follows the wall, far enough out he gains very little intel.

He arrives in the area of the tower from the North and says to Durak, "If we climb the tower on the side opposite to the fort, those in the fort ill not see us but those in the tower are likely to be looking there. With the fog, if we climb on the side towards the fort, the Orcs there might not see us, and those in the tower are less likely to. I am not sure which is best."
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Fox the Healer
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Tindish » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:07 pm

Tindish wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 55 vs 30%, +25% vs Concealment, Camouflage, & Palming (skills) & vs non-magic/psionic illusions
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 18 and Original post: 1d100 = 53

Constant Ability: Sixth Sense

Durak wrote:"Two guards on patrol on the battlements. Don't worry about the spikes, they are designed for deterring cavalry and siege equipment, not 5 people trying to sneak through, but don't go too fast otherwise you will impale yourself. Try to avoid the guards, but if you have to deal with them, do it quietly. Their other boss is in the southwestern tower. We should deal with him first, but Bonk how many of those sleep spells can you cast?"

Try to avoid the guards he says. Well of course the best way to do that is to not climb. Tindish listens to Durak's instructions and wonders, What am I doing here? He whispers, "Not Trask, how do we attend to these orcs quietly may I ask?" Half not expecting an answer he turns to look back at the tower, Climbing, fighting, hiding. I hope this will at least garner the songs from a bard. Could increase sales. A wry smile forms on Tindish's face, "Are we waiting for a specific time?"

After Bonk cast the spell on him and the group starts to climb Tindish will fallow behind.

skills
Climbing per spell, 1d100 = 84 vs ??? - Climb the wall, not sure what the number from the spell is.
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
*Sixth Sense
Tindish

Postby Fox » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:15 pm

(Rolls carried over)
When the time comes for climbing, Fox will attempt to cling and try to do so quietly.

OOC Comments
Attempting to climb and stay quiet:
Climb (98% due to spell)1d100 = 51
Prowl (55%) 1d100 = 63
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Fox the Healer
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Bonk Boree » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:00 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 85/23%
JIC: 1d100 = 11/1d20 = 12

Conditions:
- PPE: 102/112

The GM wrote:Stuff was said. Stuff was done. Stuff was scouted.

Tindish wrote:When Bonk cast the cleanse on Tindish he looks down at himself. Seeing he is clean, the corners of his mouth turn up and a huge smile grows on his face. In a low voice he says to Bonk, "It is like a huge burden has been lifted from my shoulders. Thank you kind sir! Thank you indeed!"

Bonk nods with a smile. "Is very handy spell, no? Learned it working first job at College in laundry room. Perhaps one day Bonk settle down and open up magical dry-cleaning service. But that is dream for another time."

Tindish wrote:He walks closely to him and in a low whisper, "Mr Bonk, Earlier you mentioned you did not have a spell to create disguises. Although I do not poses such knowledge either, I do have the ability," he pauses for a moment, still torn. Then settles to continue. "Sir, I have the ability to affect what others might see and hear. It is limited as of yet. So far I have been able to affect no more that 3 at once. Do you think this could help the group? Should I even mention this to them?'

Bonk raises an eyebrow. "Depending on which three you affect, could be great help indeed. Definitely mention -- and definitely be ready to use it should need arise. If lucky orc spoke true need may very well arise soon."

Durak wrote:"Two guards on patrol on the battlements. Don't worry about the spikes, they are designed for deterring cavalry and siege equipment, not 5 people trying to sneak through, but don't go too fast otherwise you will impale yourself. Try to avoid the guards, but if you have to deal with them, do it quietly. Their other boss is in the southwestern tower. We should deal with him first, but Bonk how many of those sleep spells can you cast?"

"Is relatively simple spell," Bonk glances over at Not-Trask, keeping his voice low to match the dwarf's. "Should be able to cast several more times, assuming no need to cast more strenuous spells along way." he shrugs. "On other hand, if sleep spells work well then no need to cast more strenuous ones anyway. Let us hope fog stays thick so sleep clouds stay hidden, yes?"

Once the group is assembled at the most scalable part of the cliff face, Bonk casts the Climbing spell on everyone (3 PPE per spell, 15 PPE total). "And now all are magical mountain goats for next 15 minutes. Bonk does not recommend lollygagging on way up." and begins to climb as quickly and quietly as possible. If any guards start looking over the edge of the wall, he'll cast the Cloud of Sleep on them to keep them from reacting or sounding alarms.

NOTE: Climbing skill level is 98% for normal, rough, climbable surfaces; speed is equal to speed attribute. Smooth, presumably unclimbable or extremely difficult surfaces to climb can be scaled with a skill level of 60% and at 80% of one's normal speed.

Skill Checks
Prowl -- 1d100 = 57/42%
Prowl -- 1d100 = 8/42% (take #2)
Climbing -- 1d100 = 34/98%
Bonk Boree

Postby Tolliver Trask » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:27 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 31/62%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 2; 1d100 = 12
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Immunity to Fire, Resistance to Cold.

Skills:
Prowl: 1d100 = 44/50% Pass (To remain stealthy.)
Climb/Scale Walls: 1d100 = 68/80% (98% if Bonk casts his spell on Trask) Pass (To climb the tower wall.)

Trask moves in from the southwest near the tower. Trying to keep quiet, and use the terrain and weather to remain unseen, Trask skulks towards the tower wall and prepares to free climb it. Trask thinks about the several lifetimes worth of war he's perpetrated and inwardly sighs. Not the first tower I've had to climb, likely not the last. At least this time the Orcs don't know I'm coming, Northholme was a mess like that. Trask thinks as he nears the tower wall. Utu, watch over me so that I may send more souls to your cold embrace. Trask silently prays before trying to climb the wall.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
Constant Effects
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
• Indestructible
Tolliver Trask
Group Leader

Postby Augur » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:26 pm

Conditions:
Time: 0800
Environment: Chilly & wet, light east to west breeze, morning sun is burning through fog

Intel

Bonk quietly mutters the same incantation for each member of their party, then does the same for himself. When they're all enchanted, they begin climbing. The section of wall north of the tower being covered by the bodies of his teammates, Trask takes a somewhat more southerly approach where there's open wall to climb. Durak is mostly silent in his efforts, but Bonk, Tindish, and Fox are all rather noisy in their efforts as they surmount the wall. Trask on the other hand, despite his typical heavy load of gear, is remarkably quiet as he scales the simultaneously slick and rough stone face of the wall. By the time they've reached the top of the battlement, the guard has been alerted to the commotion north of the tower, and has blown a horn.

As Trask hurls himself quietly over the top of the crenelation atop the tower, he finds he has taken an orcish bowman, about ten feet from Trask, totally unawares. The bowman's attention is fixated to the north where a fellow orc has blown a warning horn. (Trask's first action can be a surprise attack.)

Bonk, Tindish, Fox, and Durak all find themselves successfully cresting to the battlement atop the wall, but are facing down a startled and alert orcish bowman immediately before them. About thirty to forty feet beyond the bowman is the bowman's companion who is likewise armed. Down in the courtyard below low fires & embers smoke and give off wan light which is further diffused by the fog, but among the fires, tents, and rubbish lying about can be seen the movement of orcish warriors.

GM Notes:

Butcher's Bill

Bonk: -25 P.P.E
Durak:
Fox:
Tindish:
Trask:
ImageImage
Medals
Augur
Admin

Postby Tolliver Trask » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:27 am

Perception: 1d100 = 17/62%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 17; 1d100 = 47
Conditions: Sixth Sense (Active), Immunity to Fire, Resistance to Cold.

Trask almost shakes his head as he comes over the tower's crenelations. Noisy lot. Trask thinks as he approaches the unperceptive Orc on the tower top, and lays into him with his Dwarven long sword. Funny, you were gifted to me for slaying orcs, and here you are again killing orcs. Trask thinks. Once the element of surprise is over, Trask yells. "Hold the battlement!" As he continues to try and murder the orc nearest to him.

Initiative: 1d20+11 = 19

Action One: Attack Orc 10 with Dwarven Long sword. (Strike: 1d20+12 = 15; Damage: 3d6+13 = 29)
Action Two: Attack Orc 10 with Dwarven Long sword. (Strike: 1d20+12 = 27; Damage: 3d6+13 = 21)
Action Three: Attack Orc 10 with Dwarven Long sword. (Strike: 1d20+12 = 20; Damage: 3d6+13 = 26)
Action Four: Attack Orc 10 with Dwarven Long sword. (Strike: 1d20+12 = 28; Damage: 3d6+13 = 26)
Action Five: Attack Orc 10 with Dwarven Long sword. (Strike: 1d20+12 = 19; Damage: 3d6+13 = 20)
Action Six: Attack Orc 10 with Dwarven Long sword. (Strike: 1d20+12 = 31 Critical!; Damage: 3d6+13 = 24 48 Damage!)
Action Seven: Attack Orc 10 with Dwarven Long sword. (Strike: 1d20+12 = 17; Damage: 3d6+13 = 21)

Contingency One:
If/when Trask has dealt with Orc 10, Trask will move to the tower stairs and fight the orcs arriving there.

Parries with Shield as Needed: 1d20+13 = 32, 1d20+13 = 28, 1d20+13 = 18, 1d20+13 = 14, 1d20+13 = 33, 1d20+13 = 15, 1d20+13 = 33.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
Constant Effects
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
• Indestructible
Tolliver Trask
Group Leader

Postby Durak » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:56 am

perception 53% 1d100 = 69
JIC 1d100 = 4 1d20 = 19

As the other three clank and bang their way up the wall, Durak growls quietly to himself and hurries quickly up the wall and climbs over the battlements just as he hears the horn.

As the others come over the wall just after him, he quickly assesses the situation.

Trask went up the tower, let him deal with that one.

"Fox, Tindish, deal with the other archer, Bonk deal with the ones in the courtyard," he quickly tells the others as he charges into the nearby archer with his axe.

Combat notes
Initiative 1d20+1 = 9
Axe +4 to damage, +2 to parry, +2 to strike
critical strike 18-20
Attacks
1 attack archer 1d20+7 = 8 4d6+12 = 32
2 attack archer 1d20+7 = 8 4d6+12 = 28
3 attack archer 1d20+7 = 19 4d6+12 = 25
4 attack archer 1d20+7 = 9 4d6+12 = 22
5 attack archer 1d20+7 = 18 4d6+12 = 21
6 attack archer 1d20+7 = 19 4d6+12 = 25

Depending on circumstances
If Durak deals with the archer quickly, what he does depends on the circumstances.
If somebody has moved up to close combat, Durak will move to fight them to protect the squishy three, using the rolls above.

If Fox and Tindish are having problems with the archer and nobody needs engaging, he will use his throwing axe.
If the archer is on his last legs, Durak will throw his axe at the archer.

1d20+3 = 19 2d4+3 = 9
1d20+3 = 19 2d4+3 = 8
1d20+3 = 11 2d4+3 = 10

if he is causing problems, I will use an EP viewtopic.php?f=885&t=7678&p=1369794#p1369794 to cut his bow string.

Parry with axe
1d20+9 = 24
1d20+9 = 17
1d20+9 = 20
1d20+9 = 22
1d20+9 = 16
1d20+9 = 12
1d20+9 = 26
1d20+9 = 21
1d20+9 = 11

Dodge
1d20+5 = 23
1d20+5 = 20
1d20+5 = 8
1d20+5 = 12
1d20+5 = 9
1d20+5 = 10
1d20+5 = 17
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Bracers AR15
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Tindish » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:13 am

Pereption: 1d100 = 17 vs 30% +25% vs Concealment, Camouflage, & Palming (skills) & vs non-magic/psionic illusions
JIC: 1d20 = 1 and 1d100 = 25

As Tindish nears the top of the tower he hears the horn, Oh great, Gonna have to leave this part out of the bard's song. he throws his leg over the side of the wall in time to hear Durak bark out instructions.

Durak wrote:"Fox, Tindish, deal with the other archer, Bonk deal with the ones in the courtyard,"

Tindish quickly looks around, other than the orc directly in front of them or the one near Trask he doesn't see any others. What is he talking about? Tindish decides to focus on the immediate threat in front of them. He looks toward the two orcs and focuses hard on projecting an image of a large poisonous snake in the beasts hands instead of their bows. He hopes it will distract them and cause them to drop their bows. Don't want to be holding that, now do you beasties, he thinks to himself. Tindish draws his short sword and remains in the back of the group focusing his psychic projection on the two orcs unless one of them gets close to him.

Should Tindish find himself in combat, swinging his short sword he will comment between swings, "Take that you foul beast." and "Back you filthy animal." He will not approach the orcs, but if they get close enough he will strike at them with his short sword. If no orcs get close he will keep an eye out and be prepared to dodge any incoming attacks.

Level Three: Visual images (3), Range 12'/line of sight, Duration: 5 min per 5 I.S.P., PFRPG B2; Pg 21 - Roll % to determine quality
1d100 = 67 vs 76% (studied only a few times) pass

Combat

Initiative: 1d20+1 = 18
Number of Attacks: 5

Action One: Project Snake image into minds of Orc10 and Orc 11, in place of their bows. The snakes will aggressively slither toward the orcs if they happen to drop them.
Action Two: Draw short sword
Action Three: Strike Orc 11 with Short Sword, Strike: 1d20+7 = 14, Damage: 2d4+1 = 5
Action Four: Strike Orc 11 with Short Sword, Strike: 1d20+7 = 13, Damage: 2d4+1 = 6
Action Five: Reserved for Dodge, 1d20+7 = 17

If no Orcs get close to Tindish
Action Three: Reserved for dodging any arrows, throw items, or general attacks1d20+7 = 9
Action Four: Reserved for dodging any arrows, throw items, or general attacks1d20+7 = 22

Contingency:
If the two closest Orcs fall/die before the melee round is over and any new orcs show up, Tindish will project poisonous snakes in their hands where their weapons are.
Last edited by Tindish on Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
*Sixth Sense
Tindish

Postby Fox » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:59 pm

Perception (39%): 1d100 = 36
JIC: 1d20 = 16
JIC%: 1d100 = 16

While Fox climbs well enough, he curses his clumsiness as his gear clangs revealingly on the stone of the tower. Shortly there is a horn call from above, alerting the fortress.

When he reaches the top he quickly draws his Dwarven sword and faces off against the nearest Orc.

He decides, Under the circumstances, since the alarm is sounded already, a Wolfen Howl would not hurt, so he leads with that as he enters the fray.

Actions: 5/Round, Attack with Dwarven Longsword +6, Damage with Dwarven Longsword 2d6, Parry with Dwarven Longsword +6, Dodge +3, Disarm +2
Action 1: Draw weapon and howl while closing distance: Intimidate (15%) 1d100 = 46, Dodge (in case they shoot at him) 1d20+3 = 9
Action 2: Attack with Sword 1d20+6 = 17, Damage with sword 2d6 = 10, Parry With Sword 1d20+6 = 8
Action 3: Attack with Sword 1d20+6 = 16, Damage with sword 2d6 = 7, Parry With Sword 1d20+6 = 10
Action 4: Attack with Sword 1d20+6 = 13, Damage with sword 2d6 = 6, Parry With Sword 1d20+6 = 21
Action 5: Attack with Sword 1d20+6 = 25, Damage with sword 2d6 = 8, Parry With Sword 1d20+6 = 10
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Fox the Healer
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Bonk Boree » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:35 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 53/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 20/1d100 = 76
Initiative: 1d20 = 17

Conditions:
- P.P.E.: 117/142

Bonk grunts to himself as he hauls himself up onto the battlement. The climb hadn't been difficult (thanks to his magicks) but he had hoped the group as a whole had been much more stealthy on the ascent, him included. Oh well, no turning back now... he thinks to himself. Time to be as committed as the pig in a bacon sandwich.

Trask wrote:"Hold the battlement!"

Not-Trask wrote:"Fox, Tindish, deal with the other archer, Bonk deal with the ones in the courtyard," he quickly tells the others as he charges into the nearby archer with his axe.

Bonk nods with a grin. "Time for thrilling heroics, yes? Or at least heroics that make cunning plan look heroically cunning..." He turns his attention to the courtyard. While he can't make out many details thanks to the fog, he can at least make out that avenues of attack are limited. Choke points. Good. And the fog is holding. Even better. They won't be able to see the clouds as well and archers stationed elsewhere should have difficulty aiming at us. Looks like they'll have to rush in close.

He gestures and mutters barely perceptible (and downright unintelligible) incantations as two soporific mists materialize -- one on the steps leading up to the battlement and the other at the narrowest point leading up to them.

Now to make their odds seem much more inviting... he adds to himself. "Now you see Bonk, now you don't. And neither do orcs! Ha!" Another gesture, and another low-toned incantation, and the ogre vanishes from sight.

Actions:
1.) Cast Cloud of Sleep at base of stairs -- 4 P.P.E.
2.) Cast Cloud of Sleep at choke point -- 4 P.P.E.
3.) Cast Invisibility: Simple on self -- 6 P.P.E.
4.) Reserved for dodging if need be. Dodge: 1d20+3 = 10

Auto-parries with war hammer if needed: 1d20+4 = 21, 1d20+4 = 13, 1d20+4 = 18, 1d20+4 = 9

Map of spell placements based on the assumption that a character token represents an area 5' across. If orcs partially covered succumb right off the bat, so much the better.
Bonk Spell Map 011320.png
Bonk Spell Map 011320.png (304.48 KiB) Viewed 2133 times
Bonk Boree

Postby Augur » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:02 pm

Conditions:
Time: 0800.25
Environment: Chilly & wet, light east to west breeze, morning sun is burning through fog

Intel

The battlements being rushed & the orcs surprised makes one feel alive! (Audio; open in new tab)

The orcs respond with a total lack of hesitation oft considered native to their race. Trask's orc looses an arrow. Durak just manages to duck in time but Fox is just beside him and the head of the arrow cuts right through his leather and buries itself in the side of his thigh. The other archer looses one just as quick and Bonk suddenly finds an arrow painfully jutting from one shoulder. The archer immediately in front of Fox zips an arrow at point blank range through Fox's leather and into his furry chest, just below his collar bone. Trask lays into the quick but farsighted Orc atop the tower with his Dwarven long sword and yells. "Hold the battlement!" One slash follows the other and the unarmored orcish bowman falls bloody to the wooden deck of the tower. Tindish looks toward the two orcs and focuses hard on projecting an image of a large poisonous snake in the beasts hands instead of their bows. They both recoil and instinctively drop their bows. The one nearest them reacts by grabbing a knife from his belt as Trask fells the one nearest him. Tindish decides to draw his short sword...just to be safe. Durak shouts commands as he charges into the nearby archer with his axe while Fox quickly draws his Dwarven sword and joins him. Within moments, the orcish bowman is slain at their feet. Bonk turns his attention to the courtyard. gestures and mutters words which only dally a second in one's ear before evaporating from one's mind like a diaphanous mist. Two soporific mists materialize on the battlement steps and at the narrow point leading up to them. He then casts a spell of invisibility upon himself as he feels a twinge of pain from the arrow buried in his flesh. Looking up he sights the third orcish bowman is prone and seemingly unconscious, collapsed over his bow. The pair of axe-wielding orcs below look confused, but apparently aren't stupid as they halted their headlong charge towards the stairs once the blue mist appeared. Trask hurries over to support the others only to see the two orcs gathered below, uncertain where to go or what to do.

From elsewhere inside the fort, a great deal of activity can be heard. The orcs are alert and rushing to a state of readiness.

MAP

GM Notes:

Butcher's Bill

Bonk: -39 P.P.E., -6 S.D.C.
Durak:
Fox: -14 S.D.C.
Tindish:
Trask:
ImageImage
Medals
Augur
Admin

Postby Tindish » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:24 am

Pereption: 1d100 = 14 vs 30% +25% vs Concealment, Camouflage, & Palming (skills) & vs non-magic/psionic illusions
JIC: 1d20 = 8 and 1d100 = 55

As the battle begins Tindish's heart beats quickly. The confusion of everything around him is overwhelming but he does his best to maintain some composure. When the arrow flies by his head he hears the whistle and the thump as he looks to his left to see it buried in Fox's leg. That could have just as easily been me, he thinks to himself worryingly. Turning back to the Orc's in time to see them drop their bows brings a great smile to his face, Hmm, great beasts. No one likes to play with snakes. When they are felled he is only briefly satisfied and worry sets back in quickly as he hears the noise of the other Orcs readying themselves.

Tindish moves closer to Trask and Durak, staying behind the for cover of course. Looking down and seeing he two confused Orcs he is immediately intrigued with an idea. In a very Jovial tone he says out loud, "Who would I know better than myself?" Tindish looks to Orc 1, concentrating on reaching the orc's mind. He plants an image of himself in the Orc's mind where his companion stands. He weaves a vision in which Orc 3 seem to look like an extremely handsome kobold wielding a short sword and posturing threaningly. Now, now. He shouldn't be there. You may want to take care of that intruder, he thinks to himself with a chuckle.

"Gentlemen, I think these two may have a bit of a disagreement." he says pointing to the two Orcs standing below them. Tindish scans the courtyard and can see a few more deeper into the stronghold. "I have no long range method of attack gentlemen. Alas, I will do My best to keep those I can confused and fighting each other. Can I be of help another way?" Tindish keeps a keen eye out for incoming arrows after seeing fox struck, That would not bode as well for me I believe.

Level Three: Visual images (3), Range 120'/line of sight, Duration: 5 min per 5 I.S.P., PFRPG B2; Pg 21 - Roll % to determine quality
1d100 = 14 vs 96% (studied only a few times) pass

Combat

Initiative: 1d20+1 = 17

Action One: Move into the stronghold behind Trask and Durak
Action Two: Project the visual image to Orc 1 that Orc 3 is Tindish brandishing a sword at him.
Action Three: Dodge any incoming attacks 1d20+7 = 10, communicate with group
Action Four: Dodge any incoming attacks 1d20+7 = 17, communicate with group
Action Five: Dodge any incoming attacks 1d20+7 = 24

Contingency:
Should any Orc get close enough to Tindish to attack he will attempt to Parry the attack with his sword. Parry +7 and +1 from WP, total +8.
Action 1 Parry: 1d20+8 = 15, Action 2 Parry: 1d20+8 = 19, Action 3 Parry: 1d20+8 = 9, Action 4 Parry: 1d20+8 = 14, Action 5 Parry: 1d20+8 = 14

If Tindish sees any Orcs coming up over the wall he will strike at them with his short sword in a jabbing motion as an attempt to also put them off balance in their climb.
Action Four: Strike with Short sword, 1d20+7 = 11, Damage 2d4+1 = 8
Action Five: Strike with Short sword, 1d20+7 = 19, Damage 2d4+1 = 7

Note to GM:
Did not see the -5 ISP from last round on the butcher's bill, assuming he is able to use the power again this round he will be at a total of -10 ISP.
Last edited by Tindish on Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
*Sixth Sense
Tindish

Postby Durak » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:42 pm

Perception 53% 1d100 = 10
JIC 1d100 = 83 1d20 = 8

Durak takes stock of their situation and what state the others are in. He may have been dodging arrows but the others were not so lucky. He sees the arrow protruding from Fox and winces; Fox was not a fighter, though technically Trask was the only one of them who qualified, and needed to stay further back.

"Fox, on the tower, keep them at bay and let us know how many more are approaching and try not to get shot anymore," Durak tugs the potion off his harness and hands it to the Kankoran, "drink this, will fix you up a bit."

OOC Comments
healing potion for 2d6 SDC or hit points

"Looks like we've landed right in it, time to prove our worth," Durak winks at Trask as he looks on their situation.
So far, those two seem to know what they are doing. Let's hope our luck improves though against these orcs.

OOC Comments
Initiative 1d20+1 = 9
Axe +4 to damage, +2 to parry, +2 to strike
critical strike 18-20

Attack 1 hand Fox healing potion

Durak's actions depend on the actions of the orc

If the orcs do not try to make their way onto the battlements and provided the two orcs do not start fighting each other, throw stonebiter at them. If a bowman or a mage turns up, Durak will switch attention to them, using the conditional EP from the previous post to sever the bowstring first.

attack 2 1d20+3 = 11 2d4+3 = 9
attack 3 1d20+3 = 6 2d4+3 = 6
attack 4 1d20+3 = 22 2d4+3 = 6 critical x2 12 damage
attack 5 1d20+3 = 6 2d4+3 = 11
attack 61d20+3 = 9 2d4+3 = 9

If any orcs make it up onto the battlements, either braving the cloud or climbing up the battlements from below, Durak will strike them with his axe.
1d20+7 = 22 4d6+12 = 29
1d20+7 = 11 4d6+12 = 27
1d20+7 = 19 4d6+12 = 32
1d20+7 = 22 4d6+12 = 22
1d20+7 = 8 4d6+12 = 32

parry
1d20+9 = 24
1d20+9 = 19
1d20+9 = 11
1d20+9 = 24
1d20+9 = 23
1d20+9 = 23

Dodge
1d20+5 = 21
1d20+5 = 23
1d20+5 = 7
1d20+5 = 21
1d20+5 = 7
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Bracers AR15
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Fox » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:47 pm

Perception (42%): 1d100 = 5
JIC: 1d20 = 9
JIC%: 1d100 = 81

While Fox prefers to use his own healing abilities, considering them more natural, he realizes they take time we may not have. He pulls out the arrows and drinks the potion while he moves to a crenelation that will help provide him cover then gets out his bow.

If he sees the orcs through the fog, he will count off their numbers and fire at the ones he sees.

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 10
5 actions a round: Strike with bow +5, Damage with bow 4d6 + Tesla effect, Dodge +3
Action 1-3) Remove arrows and take potion while moving to a tower position, Holistic Medicine (65%) 1d100 = 87, Healing Potion 2d6 = 7 SDC
Action 4) Get out bow and look over the compound. Dodge if required 1d20+3 = 20
Action 5) Attack with bow: Strike 1d20+5 = 6, Damage 4d6 = 12
Last edited by Fox on Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Fox the Healer
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Tolliver Trask » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:45 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 68/62%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 8; 1d100 = 82
Conditions: Sixth Sense (Inactive), Immunity to Fire, Resistance to Cold.

Trask looks at the field of battle and almost grins. Not so fun when someone ambushes you is it. Trask thinks as he holds the line, preparing to cut down any orc who tries to rush the tower. Unless that wizards spells keep them at bay, then I'm going to have to switch to my crossbow. Trask thinks grimly. Seems it may just be another day for the old deadman.

Initiative: 1d20+5 = 10

Action One: Hold position and Attack oncoming orcs with Dwarven Long Sword. (Strike: 1d20+13 = 29; Damage: 3d6+13 = 27)
Action Two: Hold position and Attack oncoming orcs with Dwarven Long Sword. (Strike: 1d20+13 = 26; Damage: 3d6+13 = 26)
Action Three: Hold position and Attack oncoming orcs with Dwarven Long Sword. (Strike: 1d20+13 = 19; Damage: 3d6+13 = 26)
Action Four: Hold position and Attack oncoming orcs with Dwarven Long Sword. (Strike: 1d20+13 = 29; Damage: 3d6+13 = 21)
Action Five: Hold position and Attack oncoming orcs with Dwarven Long Sword. (Strike: 1d20+13 = 14; Damage: 3d6+13 = 23)
Action Six: Hold position and Attack oncoming orcs with Dwarven Long Sword. (Strike: 1d20+13 = 16; Damage: 3d6+13 = 24)
Action Seven: Hold position and Attack oncoming orcs with Dwarven Long Sword. (Strike: 1d20+13 = 19; Damage: 3d6+13 = 18)

Contingencies
Contingency One: Area becomes unholdable either by too many Orcs, or AOE spells.
Action Two: Move back to tower.
Action Three: Hold position and Attack oncoming orcs with Dwarven Long Sword. (Strike: 1d20+13 = 24; Damage: 3d6+13 = 20)
Action Four: Hold position and Attack oncoming orcs with Dwarven Long Sword. (Strike: 1d20+13 = 15; Damage: 3d6+13 = 25)
Action Five: Hold position and Attack oncoming orcs with Dwarven Long Sword. (Strike: 1d20+13 = 24; Damage: 3d6+13 = 20)
Action Six: Hold position and Attack oncoming orcs with Dwarven Long Sword. (Strike: 1d20+13 = 18; Damage: 3d6+13 = 18)
Action Seven: Hold position and Attack oncoming orcs with Dwarven Long Sword. (Strike: 1d20+13 = 17; Damage: 3d6+13 = 24)

Contingency Two: Orcs resort to only ranged combat.
Action Two: Move back to tower.
Action Three: Sheath sword
Action Four: Drop Shield and Draw Crossbow
Action Five: Hold position and Attack oncoming orcs with Crossbow. (Strike: 1d20+11 = 17; Damage: 2d6 = 9)
Action Six: Reload Crossbow
Action Seven: Hold position and Attack oncoming orcs with Crossbow. (Strike: 1d20+11 = 12; Damage: 2d6 = 10)

Dodges If shield is dropped: 1d20+10 = 13, 1d20+10 = 16, 1d20+10 = 21, 1d20+10 = 11, 1d20+10 = 27, 1d20+10 = 30.

Parries with Shield as needed: 1d20+12 = 17, 1d20+12 = 32, 1d20+12 = 18, 1d20+12 = 20, 1d20+12 = 14, 1d20+12 = 24, 1d20+12 = 17.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
Constant Effects
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
• Indestructible
Tolliver Trask
Group Leader

Postby Augur » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:42 pm

Conditions:
Time: 0800.5

Intel

The battlements being rushed & the orcs surprised makes one feel alive! (Audio; open in new tab)

Tindish slides in behind Trask and Durak while Fox painfully yanks an arrow from his flesh. Shouts from the distance urge on the two orcs below, and they run and jump in the direction of the battlements. One leaps atop a large crate at the base of the Northern section, while the other disappears from sight along the Western section. Alarmingly, Bonk takes a couple arrows out of nowhere. They don't even penetrate his leathers, but this isn't immediately obvious, and the kinetic impact of the arrows knocks him about a bit just the same. Durak quickly hands a potion flask off to Fox and sidles over a bit to intercept the oncoming orc. Trask sees the rushing orcs leap, loses track of the one (probably beneath the battlements or climbing them), and sees the other has a means to the top aside from the stairs...but bothe Fox and Durak are between himself and the orc, and Durak should be capable of fending the one orc off, so Trask holds his ground anticipating a surprise appearance from the other one.

Tindish attempts to project a visual image into the mind of Orc 1, but either the orc isn't effected, or the fact that they've already leapt into action and no longer see one another has the same result: not what Tindish had planned. Fox painfully yanks another arrow out, and his fur is now matted with his blood. Orc 3 makes a leap from the crate and nearly lands with an acrobat's grace. Trask, perhaps distracted by Orc 3's leap, doesn't spy Orc 1's hands emerge along the edge of the battlement though he's been expecting just such an appearance. An arrow whistles by Trask's head then suddenly and painfully sprouts from Durak's right knee. (CRIT; see Butcher's Bill) Pushing away the pain, the moment's upon him whether he likes it or not, and Durak swings his blade for the axe-wielding orc, but his blow is deftly thrust aside.

Fox quaffs the potion, which magically and almost instantaneously closes his two wounds as he strides towards the tower Trask cleared. Peeking over the edge cautiously so as to not over-expose himself to any missiles from below, he notes that the courtyard is filling with orcs. He yanks his head back after gauging there two be a couple with pole-arms, a couple with heavy long swords, and a couple of big bruisers (probably chieftains or leaders of some sort) came walking in from either building. Each was armed with a terrifically heavy bow, and an even more impressively huge sword. All the orcs seemed to be armored in either chain or splint, and looked none too pleased to have been disrupted so rudely. To compound matters, as Fox is running this through his mind to relay to the others, he spies a pair of orcish bowmen along the southern battlement, already knocking more arrows. (Excellent perception) Durak easily parries the orc's counter-attack with his far more nimble weapon and far more practiced skills, but Golda's beard his knee hurts like hell!
Fox's "big bruisers"

Fox withdraws his magic bow as he considers a target (none specifically stated) and looses a badly aimed magic arrow which strikes and scorches one of the tents below. Durak's orcish assailant clumsily tries to stab Durak with the business end of his axe, but his skills are outclassed even by an injured Durak. Trask's orc suddenly swings himself in combat from below, landing feet first in front of Trask with his axe already arcing for the old veteran's head, but Trask's been waiting for this and just in time manages to interpose his shield between his skull and the axe blade. Riposte! Trask slices the orc's side with his dwarven steel. Almost in unison, Durak counters his own orc with Stonebiter and nearly hamstrings his adversary with a pulling strike. Trasks follows up his first strike with a pair of others, which leave the orc bleeding and badly wounded, but still somehow alive, while Durak's own follow-ups are embarrassingly as clumsy as his own adversary's.

MAP

GM Notes:
  • Durak: follow Trask's post format please, and fully label your actions.

Butcher's Bill

Bonk: -39 P.P.E., -6 S.D.C.; -14 to armor
Durak: -14 S.D.C.; -25% spd & -2 to dodge
Fox: -12 S.D.C.
Tindish: -4 to armor
Trask: -10 to armor
ImageImage
Medals
Augur
Admin

Postby Fox » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:41 am

Perception (42%): 1d100 = 47
JIC: 1d20 = 2
JIC%: 1d100 = 63

OOC Comments
The link is well and good, IF you happen to be in a position where you can immobilize the arrow and get to medical attention. If you happen to be in a fight and need mobility, where the arrows can get caught on protrusions, you need to remove them. In Japan, they used to wear loos silk undergarments to make it easier to get arrows out in a fight.

Although his view is somewhat limited by position, Fox sees a few things from his position and reports, "From here I see three total Orcs with Longbows, I see eight orc men at arms with melee weapons, and two heavily armed Orcs who may be Lieutenants or Captains."

Fox thinks, The others have the two on the stairs, the ones in the courtyard will take time to get here, if they make is past the magic sleep clouds. That makes the bowmen the biggest threat.

Suiting actions to his thoughts, he aims at the Orc with the longbow (whose number I can not read) closest to directly south.

5 actions a round, Initiative 1d20+3 = 22, Strike with bow +5 (+2 additional from the bow itself= +7, forgot that), Damage with bow 4d6 + Tesla effect, Dodge +3
Action 1) Fire at longbow orc: Strike 1d20+7 = 17, Damage 4d6 = 17
Action 2) Fire at longbow orc: Strike 1d20+7 = 13, Damage 4d6 = 10
Action 3) Fire at longbow orc: Strike 1d20+7 = 26, Damage 4d6 = 11
Action 4) Fire at longbow orc: Strike 1d20+7 = 13, Damage 4d6 = 20
Action 5) Dodge 1d20+3 = 17

If he downs his first target, switch to the second.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Fox the Healer
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Tindish » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:09 am

Perception: 1d100 = 94
JIC: 1d20 = 3 and 1d100 = 9

Narrative

When the two orcs move out of Tindish's site and his illusion attempt fails he is disappointed. He cries out, "Damn you beats! Stand still", as an arrow glances off his studded leather armor from the south. Who? What? He thinks to himself confused as he turns to look seeing two more archers, Now, now. It isn't nice to shoot arrows at your house guests. Tindish focuses on the mind of the first of two orcs first projecting a single quick thought as loud as he can, "LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU!" Yelling in the orcs mind! He focuses again on an image of a poisonous snake writhing and striking, an angry large snake in all its glory. Having the image firm in his own mind he projects it into the minds of the two bowman in place of theirs bows.

So far not as glorious as we had hoped, he thinks to himself hoping this time he is as effective as the first time he accosted the initial bowman. He calls out behind the group, "I will try to disarm the beasts with bows. I am limited in my physical attacks with their current distance" Tindish keeps the bowman in his line of site, watching to see how effective his attempt is. He also is keenly aware of the two orcs currently engaged with Trask and Durak and thinks to himself, Please my friends, dispatch them quickly. We need to regroup and plan before Mr. Bonk's clouds dissipate.

If Tindish isn't threatened with close combat he will focus on his image projection on the two Bow man and dodge any incoming ranged attacks he can.

If/when both of the longbowman drop there bows, he will exclaim, "You feeble minded swine, you are no match for me!"

Level Three: Visual images (3), Range 120'/line of sight, Duration: 5 min per 5 I.S.P., PFRPG B2; Pg 21 - Roll % to determine quality
1d100 = 85 vs 86% (studied extensively) PASS

Combat

Initiative: 1d20+1 = 11

Action One: Turn toward Ocrs, Project telepathic thought, "LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU!"
Action Two: Project the visual image to both Orc Long bowman, see % roll above
Action Three: Dodge any incoming attacks 1d20+7 = 13, communicate to group
Action Four: Dodge any incoming attacks 1d20+7 = 9
Action Five: Dodge any incoming attacks 1d20+7 = 23

Contingency if either of the two Orcs come close to Tindish he will Parry and strike to his best ability knowing the situation has become dire and death is now a distinct possibility.
Action Three: Parry: 1d20+8 = 18, Strike with Short sword: 1d20+7 = 19, Damage 2d4+1 = 4
Action Four: Parry: 1d20+8 = 22, Strike with Short sword: 1d20+7 = 26, Damage 2d4+1 = 8
Action Five: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+7 = 14

Contingency if both of the Longbowman are dispatched/killed/incapacited during the round, freeing Tindish's psychic abilities up he will turn to the horde on the ground. He will focus on the orcs toward the back of the grouping (Orc 15, and Orc Chieftan 2) project and image of himself flailing and brandishing a sword in the place of Orc 4 (or closet orc to them at the time)
1d100 = 60 vs 96% (extremely well known) PASS

Note to GM:

Tindish Butcher's Bill Tracking
ISP: - 10 total, 105/115, proposed additional -9 to -14 this round pending GM confirmation of actions.
Armor: A.R.:13, S.D.C.: -4 total, 34/38
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
*Sixth Sense
Tindish

Postby Bonk Boree » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:49 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 71/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 12/1d100 = 16
Initiative: 1d20 = 9

Conditions:
- P.P.E.: 103/142
- Personal S.D.C.: 43/49
- Armor S.D.C.: 24/38 (AR 13)
- Clouds of Slumber #1 and #2 (at base of stairs) -- 2.5 minutes/10 melees remaining
- Invisibility: Simple -- 8.5 minutes/34 melees remaining

Bonk smirks at the orcs stopping short of his magical clouds. “Intelligent orcs. Who would have guessed,” he mutters softly. However, his bemusement is short-lived as he takes an arrow to the shoulder before he can cast his invisibility spell. For a moment he considers tending to his wound but ultimately decides against it. There will be time for healing later, he reasons. That is time and energy better spent thinning out the odds against us in the here and now.

When he takes two more arrows despite being invisible, however, he decides a more strategic vantage point is in order. “Pardon -- invisible yodeler coming through,” he adds in a low voice as he moves past Tindish and Trask into the tower next to Fox. “Friend Fox, if you sense large presence behind you do not worry. Is only Bonk…” he cautions as he takes up a position where he can see into the courtyard/far battlements and proceeds to cast more clouds on the gathering orcs below.

Actions:
1.) Move into tower next to Fox
2.) Cast Cloud of Slumber over Orcs 4, 5, and 16 -- 4 P.P.E.
3.) Cast Cloud of Slumber over Orc 15 and Chieftain 2 -- 4 P.P.E.
4.) Cast Cloud of Slumber over Orc Longbows -- 4 P.P.E.

Auto-parries with war hammer (doubt they'll come into play but you never know): 1d20+4 = 16, 1d20+4 = 19, 1d20+4 = 6, 1d20+4 = 22

Bonk Spell Map 012320.png
Bonk Boree

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy Adventures