Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Only adventured-related threads are found here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Postby Tindish » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:03 am

Perception: 1d100 = 15 vs 30% (+25% vs Concealment, Camouflage, & Palming (skills) & vs non-magic/psionic illusions)
JIC: 1d20 = 17 and 1d100 = 66

Tindish stand up from leaning against a tree looking around for water, How uncivilized. How am I supposed to properly wash? Not seeing a stream he pulls out his water skin and starts to scrub his hands, I will be thoroughly enjoyed once we find a decent city. A bath, some decent food and maybe a chance to talk with a trade guild. The wilderness is for the animals and not I. For a moment he realizes he doesn't hear Bonk singing and a bit of worry washes over him. Have I been that long? Tindish finishes washing, rights himself and his clothes and hustles along the path as quickly as his short legs with allow.

Calling out, "Bonk, Oh Bonk." Moving with a purpose he comes around some brush to find Bonk talking with what seems to be a dwarf and a kankoran. Well, well. What is this? I hope we won't have trouble. We have been on the road a while now. Tindish toward the group and question Bonk in gobbley on the way , "Bonk, is this a problem?" He looks around the road to see if there is anyone else around, I hope they aren't bandits. This would not be good. Tindish continues, "Are you going to introduce your new friends?" Tindish's voice raises a slight octave on the word friends hoping the question is understood, even if by all. His hand move slowly to the hilt of his short sword. Not quickly as to be interpreted as a threat, but just quick enough to shorten the time it will take should he need to draw it.

Tindish turns his head to the kankoran, "Brother Kankoran, are you from the 12 tribes? Travelling like myself by chance?" Tindish does his best to seem non threatening to the group, No need to put these folks off if the situation hasn't turned yet. He turns his gaze to the dwarf, "My name is Tindish by the way. Should any of you have some extra water you could spare I would greatly appreciate it. I had a bit of nasty business back a ways and would greatly like to wash my hands."

Skills
Detect Ambush 42% vs 1d100 = 47 - Look around to see if there is anyone in hiding.
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
Night vision: 400ft, Day Vision: 40ft
*Sixth Sense
ISP: 115/115
HP: 20/20
SDC: 21/21
Armor: A.R:13, S.D.C.: 38/38
Tindish

Postby Fox » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:52 pm

Perception (42%): 1d100 = 42
JIC: 1d20 = 9
JIC%: 1d100 = 27
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 18

Fox says, "I have some appreciation for Kobolds, someone cursed me into the form of a Kobold for a few weeks not long ago."

The curse was well intended, but still a curse, Fox thinks, I was not meant to be a Kobold.

Fox replies, "Indeed, I am of the 12 tribes, though I have been long away from my tribal lands studying healing, as I am gifted with the mind magic of the healers. Kankoran, in general, have little respect for Priests or Mages."

He hands over one of his spare waterskins, "The canal is not far, but I would filter and boil the water in it before drinking it. This water I have so treated."
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Tindish » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:56 am

Tindish wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 15 vs 30% (+25% vs Concealment, Camouflage, & Palming (skills) & vs non-magic/psionic illusions)
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 17 and Original post: 1d100 = 66

Fox wrote: "Indeed, I am of the 12 tribes, though I have been long away from my tribal lands studying healing, as I am gifted with the mind magic of the healers. Kankoran, in general, have little respect for Priests or Mages."

Tindish straightens up a bit and brushes down his clothes, "Well now, what a turn of events. Tindish Kix, of the Algor Mountain collective. I am traveling to expand the trade relations of the Kix fief. It is a great pleasure to meet someone from the republic." Tindish reaches for the water with his left hand and offer his right in greeting. "A curse you say? Sounds like a blessing. Ah yes. Everyone should be so lucky as to experience the gloriousness of being kobold. I am glad for you that you had the chance."

"Thank you kindly sir. Nasty bit of business back there in deed." Tindish proceeds to use the water to wash his hand a bit more then gives the water back to the Kankoran. "What can I call you sir? And, who is the fine Dwarf you are travelling with?" Well, Can't be all bad. He is from the republic. And a Kankoran. Honorable I am sure. Well I hope.

"I am looking to meet with different trade guilds, do you by chance know if the city we are heading to has such an establishment?"
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
*Sixth Sense
Tindish

Postby Fox » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:01 pm

(Rolls carried over)

Fox responds, "If you mean Llorn, it does indeed have a trade guild. It is, in point of fact, a major trade center in good times. However, they are recovering from a major battle with a dragon that devastated one of the major trade markets. There has also been a problem with caravans and ships being raided by Orcs lately. At the moment, one could expect to get premium prices for food if brought in quantity."

He adds, "I was scarce more than a pup when I left home, I do not think I would be much use in making contacts with my tribe until I have a chance to return to them and earn a reputation."

I got interrupted when he was planning to head home, no telling when I will have another chance, he thinks. He also has plans to go...elsewhere, but he prefers not to even think about that except in private.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
Fox the Healer
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Tolliver Trask » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:13 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 81/62%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 5; 1d100 = 91
Conditions: Immune to Fire, Resistant to Cold, Sixth Sense

Prowl 1d100 = 26/50% Success (To stay hidden on the ridge line)

Trask watches the scene unfold and places a hand on his face and begins shaking his head. Utu help me, this is a strange day. Trask thinks before looking at the group. "Fine, so are you two up for assaulting an orcish encampment built into an old fort? If so, we should get a move on it so as to not lose the mild advantage we have with their numbers being reduced. If not, please don't alert the orcs as we try to slay them." Trask says in his usual gruff voice, before turning and walking back to the ridge-line, waiting for the rest to join him. If I survive today, I will make such an offering in your honor Lord Utu. Trask thinks as he collects his Lucern Hammer from where he left it on the ridge.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Durak » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:33 am

perception 53% 1d100 = 79
JIC 1d100 = 8 1d20 = 16

As Tindish appears, Durak has to prevent himself sinking his head into his hands

Oh joy a Kobold, a goblin with delusions of grandeur.

He sighs as he looks around at the motley group and hefts his axe up ready to go.

"Trade can take a backseat to this situation gentlemen," he speaks gruffly, wanting to get on with dealing with the orcs, "Well, if you are joining us and I should note for you that there is a substantial reward for succeeding as well as some additional bits for the number of orcs dead etc. Try to be quiet and use the fog to hide yourself. Surprise is our friend here."

He turns to face Bonk

"Now you said you had a spell to help us climb. Sounds easier than using the grappling hooks. How long does it last?"

When the group decides to move out, Durak tries to use the fog sneak up to the fort.

OOC Comments
Prowl 66% 1d100 = 11
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:00 pm

Conditions:
Date: 13 May, 345
Time: 0730
Environment: Chilly & wet, light east to west breeze, a fog is developing
Location: Llornish Lowlands; two day's ride west-southwest of Neven

Intel

The copse of trees is alive with the sounds of nature. (Audio; open in new tab)
The motley band is discussing matters, and Trask is pointedly trying to cut through the banter and get to the gravity of their situation, when Tindish's ears prick up. There's a band of noisy humanoids approaching from the North. Tindish's ears catch them first, but Fox soon hears it soon as well. It sounds like orcs. Maybe a handful of them. Perhaps a foraging party or a perimeter patrol. By the sound of their boots, they'll be on the party's position in mere moments.

Map (open in new tab)

What are your intentions?

GM Notes:

Butcher's Bill

Durak:
Fox:
Thorgrim:
Trask:
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Augur
Admin

Postby Fox » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:41 pm

Perception (42%): 1d100 = 82
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 13
JIC: 1d20 = 12
JIC%: 1d100 = 26

Fox perks up his ears and points his nose in the direction of the disturbance, "Someone is coming, probably an Orc patrol, we should take cover and prepare an ambush. Any we kill now will not be there to fight later."

Our job is to end this threat so trade can resume, killing them piecemeal is the most effective strategy. Fog will aid us, it will make it harder to pinpoint the sounds of battle, though they will carry farther, Fox thinks.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Fox the Healer
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Tindish » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:54 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 16
JIC: 1d20 = 11 and 1d100 = 37

Constant Conditions: Sixth Sense(Active)

Tolliver Trask wrote:"Fine, so are you two up for assaulting an orcish encampment built into an old fort? If so, we should get a move on it so as to not lose the mild advantage we have with their numbers being reduced. If not, please don't alert the orcs as we try to slay them."

When the man pops up talking about assaulting ors Tindish's ear perk up slightly, Hmm, not sure how much muscle I can provide, but maybe, his thoughts trail off just as the dwarf interjects.

Durak wrote:"Trade can take a backseat to this situation gentlemen. Well, if you are joining us and I should note for you that there is a substantial reward for succeeding as well as some additional bits for the number of orcs dead etc. Try to be quiet and use the fog to hide yourself. Surprise is our friend here."
He turns to face Bonk "Now you said you had a spell to help us climb. Sounds easier than using the grappling hooks. How long does it last?"

At the mention of reward a smile makes it's way to Tindish's face, No good dead and all, maybe this was a fortunate happenstance. He looks at the two strangers, "Gentlemen, I am not sure that my physical prowess can add much more that two fine folk such as yourselves, but, I may have a trick or two that can aid in your endeavors. I think this could be beneficial to us Mr. Bonk, What do you think?" Just as he asks the question he hears something in the distance, humanoids travelling. Hmm, could that be a band of Orcs? Just as he thinks they might be orcs the kankoran mentions the same thing out loud.

Fox wrote:"Someone is coming, probably an Orc patrol, we should take cover and prepare an ambush. Any we kill now will not be there to fight later."

Tindish quickly looks for a place to hide. "What is the plan?" he asks out loud to no one in general hoping someone knows what they are doing. I'm a dealer of fine antiquates and great weapons, not a soldier. Dear me, momma said there would be days like this. Once he finds a suitable place he works to camouflage himself as not to be seen. When the Orcs arrive, Tindish projects the sound of rustling leaves to the opposite side the team is hiding on to distract the beasts and get them to turn their backs.

Action

Initiative: 1d20+1 = 21
Actions: 5

Action 1: Jump in bush, hide/camouflage self
Action 2: Project Rustling sound in the bushes telepathically
Action 3: Reserved for dodge/contingency
Action 4: Reserved for dodge/contingency
Action 5: Reserved for dodge/contingency

Should the orcs show up later than action 2, Tindish will move the sound projection tot he appropriate action as needed to distract at least 3 of them.

Level Two: Advanced Sound (4), Range 120'/line of sight, Duration: 4 min per 4 I.S.P., PFRPG B2; Pg 20 *Can affect 1 victim per XP level

Contingency

Should an orc or anyone else try to attack Tindish he will attempt to dodge.

Action 1: 1d20+7 = 10, Action 2:1d20+7 = 14 , Action 3:1d20+7 = 20 , Action 4:1d20+7 = 23, Action 5: 1d20+7 = 20,

If an orc is not distracted or saves, Tindish will attempt to project again.

If Tindish sees an orc getting the better of anyone in the group he will cancel the noise projection and create a visual image for that particular orc of another orc attacking/charging it.
Level Three: Visual images (3), Range 12'/line of sight, Duration: 5 min per 5 I.S.P., PFRPG B2; Pg 21 - Roll % to determine quality 1d100 = 67 vs 76% (see page 21 Old Ones)

skills
Camouflage 42% vs 1d100 = 81 - Jump in a bush and hide himself
Last edited by Tindish on Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:59 am, edited 6 times in total.
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
*Sixth Sense
Tindish

Postby Durak » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:55 am

perception 53% 1d100 = 65
JIC 1d100 = 351d20 = 5

Tindish wrote:Gentlemen, I am not sure that my physical prowess can add much more that two fine folk such as yourselves, but, I may have a trick or two that can aid in your endeavors. I think this could beneficial to us Mr. Bonk, What do you think?"

The Kobold isn't much use, what a surprise Duraks shakes his head slightly, impatiently wanting to get on with their mission.

OOC Comments
yes, Durak is being an ass

Fox wrote:"Someone is coming, probably an Orc patrol, we should take cover and prepare an ambush. Any we kill now will not be there to fight later."

Durak turns around and twirls his axe around, ready for a fight.

Tindish wrote: "What is the plan?"

"Ambush them as they pass," Durak responds quietly, starting to move to one side, towards where they had been hiding "haven't been sending out patrols before so they must have heard us, he looks at Bonk as he does so, "use the fog to our advantage and kill them quickly. Provided nobody gets hurt badly, move on to infiltrating the tower before they realise what has happened."

At this point, Durak moves to hide in readiness for the ambush.

OOC Comments
Prowl 66% 1d100 = 39

Combat
OOC Comments
If combat breaks out
Initiative 1d20+1 = 13
Attacks 6
Strike Bonus: +2
Parry Bonus: +5
Dodge Bonus: +5
HTH Damage Bonus: +8
Critical Strike 18-20
W.P Targeting +3 Strike
W.P. Battle Axe +3 Strike, +1d6 damage, +2 Strike Thrown, +2 Parry
Battle Axe Modifiers: +4 to damage, +2 to parry, +2 to strike

Depending on how many there are

If heavily outnumbered (2 or 3 to 1), Durak will help the others retreat, throwing Stonebiter and parrying with his axe as required

attack 1 move
attack 2 throw stonebiter 1d20+3 = 22 2d4+3 = 6 critical 12 damage
attack 3 move
attack 4 throw stonebiter 1d20+3 = 12 2d4+3 = 9
attack 5 move
attack 6 throw stonebiter 1d20+3 = 8 2d4+3 = 10

If only a small patrol, Durak will try and ambush one of them in HtH combat

Attack 1 1d20+7 = 27 4d6+12 = 27 critical 54
Attack 2 1d20+7 = 10 4d6+12 = 23
Attack 3 1d20+7 = 8 4d6+12 = 25
Attack 4 1d20+7 = 26 4d6+12 = 20 critical 40 damage
Attack 5 1d20+7 = 16 4d6+12 = 31
Attack 6 1d20+7 = 21 4d6+12 = 27

Parry
1d20+9 = 14
1d20+9 = 18
1d20+9 = 26
1d20+9 = 14
1d20+9 = 13
1d20+9 = 20
1d20+9 = 12
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Bracers AR15
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Fox » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:48 am

Rolls Held over)

As per orders, Fox takes cover, preferably in the direction the Orc patrol is headed towards, putting him farther away from them. He decides it is worth risking using his bow, and brings it out, ready to use. The ancient weapon appears to be runic in nature, though it has never spoken to him as Rune weapons are said to be able to.

He attempts to be stealthy and wants some cover in case they have archers of their own.

Prowl (55%): 1d100 = 69

Once he is in position, he will cover himself with his leaf blanket for camouflage (90% undetectable until he moves...as per Chameleon spell).
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Fox the Healer
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Tolliver Trask » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:17 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 56/62%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 20 Nat 20!; 1d100 = 67
Conditions: Sixth Sense (Active), Immunity to Fire, Resistance to Cold.

Prowl: 1d100 = 7/50% Pass (To stay as hidden as Trask can)

Initiative: 1d20+11 = 24
Number of Attacks: 7

Action One: Fire Crossbow on approaching Orc. (Strike: 1d20+4 = 12; Damage: 2d6 = 8)
Action Two: Switch to Long Sword and shield.
Action Three: Attack nearby Orc with Longsword. (Strike: 1d20+13 = 33 (Nat 20!); Damage: 3d6+10 = 19 38)
Action Four: Attack nearby Orc with Longsword. (Strike: 1d20+13 = 28; Damage: 3d6+10 = 23)
Action Five: Attack nearby Orc with Longsword. (Strike: 1d20+13 = 29; Damage: 3d6+10 = 19)
Action Six: Attack nearby Orc with Longsword. (Strike: 1d20+13 = 22; Damage: 3d6+10 = 16)
Action Seven: Attack nearby Orc with Longsword. (Strike: 1d20+13 = 23; Damage: 3d6+10 = 19)

Parries w/ Shield as needed: 1d20+14 = 27, 1d20+14 = 22, 1d20+14 = 27, 1d20+14 = 25, 1d20+14 = 16, 1d20+14 = 23, 1d20+14 = 27.
Dodges if Armor at half or into Hit points: 1d20+12 = 28, 1d20+12 = 17, 1d20+12 = 21, 1d20+12 = 23, 1d20+12 = 20, 1d20+12 = 22, 1d20+12 = 17.

Note: Trask will not run off to fight these orcs, he will stay with the group so as to not get surrounded or cut off from possible help.

Contingency: If the don't approach close enough to fight in melee, Trask will continue to use his Crossbow.

Action Two: Reload Crossbow.
Action Three: Fire Crossbow on approaching Orc. (Strike: 1d20+4 = 8; Damage: 2d6 = 11)
Action Four: Reload Crossbow.
Action Five: Fire Crossbow on approaching Orc. (Strike: 1d20+4 = 20; Damage: 2d6 = 6)
Action Six: Reload Crossbow.
Action Seven: Fire Crossbow on approaching Orc. (Strike: 1d20+4 = 20; Damage: 2d6 = 6)

Trask curses in his head. Should have moved this along much faster. Trask crouches down in the brush and tries to stay out of sight long enough to make an initial shot. If the orcs work true to nature, he drops his crossbow afterwards and draws his sword and shield, and readies to meet the beasts near his companions. Hopefully we can do this quietly and then there won't be an issue. Trask thinks.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
Tolliver Trask
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Bonk Boree » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:35 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 70/23%
JIC: 1d20 = 13/1d100 = 96
Initiative: 1d20 = 20
APM: 4

Tindish wrote:"Bonk, is this a problem? Are you going to introduce your new friends?"

Bonk grins. "Not problem, traveling buddy, but rather glorious opportunity to help poor nearby orc raiders suffering from too much life, liberty and on-hand provisions." He adds a shrug as he points to Durak. "Introductions? This one is not 'Trask,' so he is 'Not-Trask' until he gives us better name. That makes other two friends 'Maybe-Trask' and 'Also-Maybe-Trask.' Introductions now made pending better ones involving strong drinks and warm fires."

Not-Trask wrote:"Trade can take a backseat to this situation gentlemen," he speaks gruffly, wanting to get on with dealing with the orcs, "Well, if you are joining us and I should note for you that there is a substantial reward for succeeding as well as some additional bits for the number of orcs dead etc. Try to be quiet and use the fog to hide yourself. Surprise is our friend here."

"Now you said you had a spell to help us climb. Sounds easier than using the grappling hooks. How long does it last?"

Bonk nods. "Roughly 15 minutes. I cast on everyone right before we start, should give plenty of time. And yes, easier than grappling hooks."

OCC Reference
Climb
Range: Self or others up to 40 feet (12.2 m) away.
Duration: Five minutes (20 melee rounds) per level of experience.
Saving Throw: None
P.P.E.: Three
A spell that enables the enchanted person to climb with exceptional, almost inhuman, skill, speed and agility. Skill level is 98% for normal, rough, climbable surfaces; speed is equal to speed attribute. Smooth, presumably unclimbable or extremely difficult surfaces to climb can be scaled with a skill level of 60% and at 80% of one's normal speed. Rappelling is included.

Tindish wrote:"Gentlemen, I am not sure that my physical prowess can add much more that two fine folk such as yourselves, but, I may have a trick or two that can aid in your endeavors. I think this could be beneficial to us Mr. Bonk, What do you think?"

Bonk gives Tindish a nod and a grin. "Always good time to do good deeds, traveling buddy. Not-Trask and Maybe-Trask look to be good fighters, Also-Maybe-Trask also looks capable and can heal, so we can bring spells into equation. Let us de-orc the area, eh?"

Also-Maybe-Trask wrote:Fox perks up his ears and points his nose in the direction of the disturbance, "Someone is coming, probably an Orc patrol, we should take cover and prepare an ambush. Any we kill now will not be there to fight later."

Tindish wrote:"What is the plan?"

Not-Trask wrote:"Ambush them as they pass," Durak responds quietly, starting to move to one side, towards where they had been hiding "haven't been sending out patrols before so they must have heard us, he looks at Bonk as he does so, "use the fog to our advantage and kill them quickly. Provided nobody gets hurt badly, move on to infiltrating the tower before they realise what has happened."

Bonk gives Durak a 'who, me?' reaction at first, then nods as he pulls his war hammer back out and moves into the bushes to hide as well. "If you see any falling asleep, do not get too close. Take care of non-sleepy ones first and pick off others with bows..." he says softly as he mumbles something unintelligible and fades from sight.

Combat Actions
- H.P.: 27
- S.D.C.: 49 (currently 79 thanks to Talisman of Marduk)
- Wearing studded leather armor (full) -- AR 13, 38 SDC
- spell strength: 13

Actions:
- "Y'all basically have 1 free action before they're on top of you." -- ducks down in the bushes as best he can and casts Chameleon on himself (6 PPE)

1.) Cast Cloud of Slumber (4 PPE) when the orc party gets into within 90' -- ideally where the path hits the top of the map so as to keep the 20'x20' area of effect far enough away so that the group doesn't run too much a risk of drifting into it when we ambush the ones who made their saves. Those who fail to save vs magic are asleep for 12 melees/3 minutes.

2.) Cast Magic Net on an orc that makes it through the cloud if needed -- hopefully more than one if they're bunched together (7 PPE)

3.) Ogre-kick another orc that makes it through the cloud if needed. Strike: 1d20+2 = 7; Damage: 3d6+7 = 15 SDC

4.) Reserved for dodging. Dodge: 1d20+3 = 11

Auto-parries with war hammer if needed: 1d20+6 = 14, 1d20+6 = 26, 1d20+6 = 22, 1d20+6 = 18
Bonk Boree

Postby Fox » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:27 pm

(Rolls Held over)

Fox will wait until the others in the party initiate the attack, staying still under the cover of his leaf blanket's chameleon spell. Once the action is started, he will use his Dwarven Longsword, saving his bow until the Orcs try to flee...unless they Orcs have us significantly outnumbered. In that case he will use the bow from the start.

Actions: 5 per Melee, Sword Strike +6, Sword Parry +6, Sword Damage 2d6, Dodge +3
Action 1) Close with leading Orc and attack: Sword Strike 1d20+6 = 11, Sword Damage 2d6+6 = 15, Sword Parry 1d20+6 = 8
Action 2) attack: Sword Strike 1d20+6 = 18, Sword Damage 2d6+6 = 14, Sword Parry 1d20+6 = 13
Action 3) attack: Sword Strike 1d20+6 = 19, Sword Damage 2d6+6 = 15, Sword Parry 1d20+6 = 12
Action 4) attack: Sword Strike 1d20+6 = 7, Sword Damage 2d6+6 = 12, Sword Parry 1d20+6 = 15
Action 5) Dodge 1d20+3 = 4

Actions if using bow: Bow Strike +7, Bow parry +4, Bow Damage +4d6+Tesla Effect, Dodge +3
Action 1) Stay well back and fire bow: Bow Strike 1d20+7 = 12, Bow Damage 4d6 = 18, Parry 1d20+4 = 12
Action 1) fire bow: Bow Strike 1d20+7 = 20, Bow Damage 4d6 = 13, Parry 1d20+4 = 15
Action 1) fire bow: Bow Strike 1d20+7 = 10, Bow Damage 4d6 = 21, Parry 1d20+4 = 12
Action 1) fire bow: Bow Strike 1d20+7 = 12, Bow Damage 4d6 = 15, Parry 1d20+4 = 23
Action 5) Dodge 1d20+3 = 23
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Fox the Healer
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:52 pm

Conditions:
Date: 13 May, 345.25
Time: 0730
Environment: Chilly & wet, light east to west breeze, a fog is developing
Location: Llornish Lowlands; two day's ride west-southwest of Neven

Intel

The copse of trees is alive with the sounds of nature. (Audio; open in new tab)
Fox perks up his ears and points his nose in the direction of the disturbance, "Someone is coming, probably an Orc patrol, we should take cover and prepare an ambush. Any we kill now will not be there to fight later." The hairs on the back of Trasks' neck suddenly stand on end and he knows an attack is imminent (sixth sense). Trask ducks back into the undergrowth, and draws his crossbow. Tindish responds to the emergent threat with "Gentlemen, I am not sure that my physical prowess can add much more that two fine folk such as yourselves, but, I may have a trick or two that can aid in your endeavors. I think this could be beneficial to us Mr. Bonk, What do you think? What is the plan?" Tindish dashes to hide in the undergrowth. Durak turns around and twirls his axe around, spoiling for a fight. "Ambush them as they pass," Durak answers, slipping into the underbrush beside the kobold. "Haven't been sending out patrols before so they must have heard us, he looks at Bonk as he does so, "use the fog to our advantage and kill them quickly. Provided nobody gets hurt badly, move on to infiltrating the tower before they realize what has happened." Fox ducks behind a tree and pulls his bow, having no time for anything more. Bonk draws his war hammer and moves into the bushes with the others. "If you see any falling asleep, do not get too close. Take care of non-sleepy ones first and pick off others with bows."

Tindish jumps in the underbrush and hides as the quartet of orcs charges into sight grunting and looking mean as hell. One has a nasty looking battle axe held overhead as he charges the group, two have spears which look like they’ve seen plenty of use, and one in the back has a long, wicked polearm with a heavy, cleaving head. Bonk stands his ground, says a quick chant in strange, airy words he doesn’t understand, and brings forth a pale blue mist in the path of the charging orcs. The axeman and one of the spearmen fall asleep in mid-stride and hit the dity face-first. The other spearman behind the front line looks as though he’s alarmed just as he steps into the cloud and follows the example of the previous two. The orc with the polearm seems oblivious of the cloud, charges past and over his comrades, and then looks confused for a moment as he stares at them sleeping with dirty faces in the middle of the forest path. He then notices Bonk and growls aggressively until Trask, Fox, and Durak step out of the underbrush, weapons drawn. The orc looks confused for a moment again, then seems to hammer out some basic math in his head even as Tindish steps out as well. The orc drops his polearm in front of his feet and hangs his head on slumped shoulders.

Map (open in new tab)

What are your intentions?

GM Notes:

Butcher's Bill

Bonk: -4 P.P.E
Durak:
Fox:
Tindish:
Trask:
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Augur
Admin

Postby Fox » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:53 am

Perception (42%): 1d100 = 12
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 4
JIC: 1d20 = 1
JIC%: 1d100 = 43

Fox sees that it is a small patrol of only four enemies, he prepares to draw his sword and attack, but then the Wizard uses a spell and all but one of the enemy fall to the ground sleeping. He does draw the sword, but though he steps forward he does not attack, giving the Orc a chance to surrender.

He thinks, That was the best fight I have had since I joined this group, no injuries to heal.

Fox takes a quick scan of the area for other Orcs, just in case they thought to have scouts out before a larger patrol, then (if he sees nothing), will say, "Excellently done, Bonk. If you will remove the magic cloud, I will tie up the sleepers, if someone has some rope I can use, while the others question the remaining Orc."

Fox knows that the orcs will remain asleep for some time after the cloud is removed. He is trained in the use of ropes, though he is not as good as sailors or others who use the skill regularly, it makes him the logical one to tie up the sleepers and remove their weapons.

Rope Use: (6 rolls: two for each sleeping Orc in case the first roll fails, 50%) Orc 1 1d100 = 1, 1d100 = 33, Orc 2 1d100 = 6, 1d100 = 79, Orc 3 1d100 = 93, 1d100 = 88

After the Orcs are secured, he will say to the newcomers, "I am called Fox by humans, for the creature my kind resembles. It is a good enough term to use, it being wise to keep one's true name a secret."
Last edited by Fox on Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Fox the Healer
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Tindish » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:11 am

Perception: 1d100 = 59 vs 30% +25% vs Concealment, Camouflage, & Palming (skills) & vs non-magic/psionic illusions
JIC: 1d20 = 18 and 1d100 = 99

Tindish jumps from the bushes as the orcs weapon falls and his head slumps. He draws his short sword and says, "Ha Ha! Foul Beast! You and your horde have been bested by the." He pauses, tilts his head thoughtfully and looks toward Not-Trask, Maybe Trask and Now Fox then turns back tot he orc. "But of course by the Trask Gang!" Smiling he thinks, Or is it the Not-Trask gang? Hmm.

Tindish turns to Bonk, "As the Fox has said good sir, excellent work! Even better for these miserable beasts. I was on the verge of attack myself when you made quick work of them. It would have been a sad day for their families had you not intervened." He walks up to the orc standing in front of them. "Tell us where you have hidden all your plunder and we may consider letting you and you cohorts live. Speak up beast. If you know what is good for you." Tindish walks back to the group with a confident saunter when he realizes he is covered in dirt and leaves from jumping in the bush.

Immediately he start to brush himself off, "Oh bother, what a mess I have made of myself. This is no way to make a presentation. No way at all." After cleaning himself off he looks down at his hands, "Goodness, does anyone have a bit of water they can spare so I can wash my hands?"

Seeing Fox tie up the sleeping orcs he calls out, "Good Fox, you may wish to check those binding for tightness after you have finished. Nobody likes a waking angry orc free from bindings. I myself would help, but I am not so familiar with knot tying." Once he is all cleaned up Tindish will search all 4 orcs for anything they might have hidden on them.

Skills
Find Contraband 32% vs 1d100 = 76 - search the orcs for any hidden contraband.
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
*Sixth Sense
Tindish

Postby Fox » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:31 am

(Rolls held over)
Tindish comes off a bit foppish and egocentric, but that is nothing unusual, Foc has encountered many of the kind. The question remains of whether or not he is competant.

What Tindish suggest is a reasonable precaution, so Fox checks and discovers the third Orc is not properly secured. He again attempts to tie him.

Use Rope 1d100 = 78, Auxiliary Use Rope 1d100 = 68

Fox thinks he has him tied...

He suggests, "Someone else should check my work, Just in case."
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Fox the Healer
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Durak » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:52 am

Perception 53% 1d100 = 99
JIC 1d20 = 6 1d100 = 18

As Bonk's spell works spectacularly, Durak looks surprised, then nods in approval. He keeps his voice down low as to not attract attention .

"Efficient to say the least," Durak nods his head again, as he reaches into his satchel hanging at his side. He extracts a long coil of rope, that looks too big to fit in there.

"Fox, use this," he says, throwing the rope to the Kankoran, before moving around and collecting weapons from the unconscious orcs, whilst trying to stay out of the cloud if it is still active. As he does so, he checks the quality of the weapons.

OOC Comments
Metalworking (equivalent to Field Armourer) 71% 1d100 = 50

Durak then holds his axe against the orc who surrendered to get its attention.

"Right, you seem to be the smart one of your group so you get to answer a few questions," Durak growls at the orc, giving it a bit of a prod with the blunt top of the orc, "how many orcs are in the camp and where in the camp would we generally find your two leaders?"

OOC Comments
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 30% 1d100 = 60 get info out of the orc
Intelligence 44% 1d100 = 82 ID the clan and piece together what he learns with what they already know
Language: Gobblely 71% 1d100 = 33
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Bracers AR15
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Fox » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:30 am

(Rolls Held over)

Fox notes in Eastern, "We can not take too long, if this patrol will be missed. See if you can find out why they were sent out."

He muses, There might be other reasons they came this way, other than detecting us.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Fox the Healer
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Tindish » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:20 am

Tindish wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 59 vs 30% +25% vs Concealment, Camouflage, & Palming (skills) & vs non-magic/psionic illusions
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 18 and Original post: 1d100 = 99

Tindish looks at the orc in front with his head down and shoulders slumped. "If I may good sirs, it may be possible for one of us to walk in the front gate? Or maybe distract enough of them and redirect their focus to allow the main group to gain access." He turns back tot he group, "I have certain abilities, I can walk up to the main gate and pull a group of them away. Do you think this may offer an advantage? It could at the least take their focus from you climb you have mentioned."

Tindish looks around to see if he can tell if the group is receptive tot he idea, I may not be the best choice for a direct assault but I can at least draw some attention and give the others an upper hand. He looks over at Bonk, "Maybe, if we can get enough of them to chase. Mr. Bonk can cast a similar spell and I can lead them into it. This would be a great advantage."
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
*Sixth Sense
Tindish

Previous

Return to Fantasy Adventures