Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Only adventured-related threads are found here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tatyana Singh » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:39 pm

Perception: [57%] 1d100 = 13
JIC: 1d20 = 8[/dice]/1d100 = 57

Conditions: Nightvision: 40 feet, excellent day vision; Keen hearing, equal to a canine; excellent sense of smell, Horror Factor: 12, Sustain [5 Days]

The monster hunter floats in place having heard the familiar noises of a fight on the wind.

Predat wrote:Pre again nods to Tat and points, "Down there." Pre lingers in the air watching the drama below.


The cloaked Wolfen looks in the general direction that Predat is pointing. Believing her nightvision gives her a better view of the struggle below, she whispers, "It looks like only two wolves and a single orc. I don't see anyone else." After a couple of moments Tatyana continues, "There's something odd about the way they are moving." She does her best to find anyone or anything else in the area.


Track blood scent [40%] 1d100 = 79 (Staying alert for a familiar blood scent)
Track familiar scent [36%] 1d100 = 67 (Staying alert for any familiar scents)
Wilderness Survival [75%] 1d100 = 88 (Looking for anything useful)
Intelligence [60%] 1d100 = 90 (Looking for anything useful)
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 36/36
SDC: 53/53
PPE: 127/127
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: Southern United Kingdom

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby EBAH » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:53 pm


Date: 14 May, 345
Time: 0355
Environment: Partly cloudy, slight breeze from the east
Location: North of Hadrin's Cove


A Quick Play

Anticipation builds as the precious seconds tick by. Orc #1 continues to step forward towards the wolves and the single orc. The orc approaches further onwards. Timid at first but gaining confidence with each step. After several steps, the other orcs creep in. Keeping a fair distance but not allowing it it get too big. Tyral cast invisibility upon himself along with a protective magic armor before making his way to encircle the other orcs. While the other wait and watch for the actions to spring Into life. The crafty elf floats above the ground, making his movements more concealed. He makes his ways usefully around to the back side of the orcs.

Getting in position, the group waits for the right moment. Orc #1 moves within feet of the bait. The orc stops in mid tracks realizing something is wrong with his companion. At that moment the group sings it trap. The two wolves and orc make short work of the orc as a cloud of smoke surrounds them, casted by changeling. The elf cast fear at the rear flank of the orcs. He then proceeds to cast Cloud of Slumber. Their plan works surprisingly well. All the orcs fall to the ground in a deep sleep. Sounds of snorings, and the occasional snort, are heard coming the orcs.

Tatyana and Predat move in closer to get a better view. They are able to catch sight of the initial attack. Then, they see the cloud of smoke engulfing the trio and newly fallen orc, they know their fellow friends are nearby causing this. A single orc can bee seen after the smoke settles. Within moments the orcs appears to slump to the ground. From their distance, they can't tell what was the cause or whether it's still alive


What are you next course of actions?



Butcher's Bill:
Pedat: -1 charge of Fly as Eage
Silhouette: - 51 PPE
Tatyana:
Tyral: -61 PPE
Attachments
Screenshot_20191125-190714_Chrome.jpg
EBAH
 

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:05 pm

OBJECTION
The above/Current GM Post went up 11/24/19. The prior GM Post was 11/13/19 (so it took 11 days to get). The 11/24/19 Post missed serious issues (Tyral casts Fear on the Orcs INSTEAD of casting Fear behind them, then casting Cloud of Slumber on the Orcs ... Silhouette was trying to put the other Orc to sleep and apparently wrapped herself around him like a constrictor, nothing about having undead Orc and wolves attack the thing she was restraining). You told us 11/25/19 that you would edit the GM Post to fix the Spell issues. This is a point of immense frustration because it affects everyone's time and post rates.

GM Edit came in 12/02/19

Perception [74%]: 1d100 = 44
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 19
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 36

PPE: 179/235
WAND PPE: 00/50
SDC: 43/43
HP: 54/54

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [5 Days], Fly as the Eagle [148.00 Min, [50 MPH, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge, +2 Damage on Diving attack], Chameleon [27.00 Min], Invisibility: Simple (25.00 min), Armor of Ithan (5.00 min)

AR: 18
SDC: 200/200

===============================

Tyral shifts the grip on his staff defensively as he watches the Orcs to keel over in a dead sleep like puppets with their strings cut, *Mrrlan's beard ... glad that worked.* The Elf mutters another pair of enchantments Telekinesis (8 PPE, 10.00, 60' , 60lb Max), followed by Create Rope (2 PPE, 150ft, Rifter 19 Pg 96) to create a length of rope 1-inch-thick. He next banishes several of his own enchantments: Fear (no need for the invisible AE that could trigger on the wrong person), Chameleon, and Invisibility, rendering himself visible as he floats down but does not land on the ground (hovers 1 foot up to avoid leaving tracks) and floats the summoned Rope over to land in the hands of Silhouette's undead puppet (the Animated-Dead-Orc).

Sure that Silhouette is somewhere close in the darkness Tyral raises his voice only slightly as he begins to speak, "I can summon more rope as needed, but could you please begin to tie off neck loops Sil? ... When these all waken it would be nice if they had head-bags on and one nice long rope round all their necks so that we do not end up with them scattering. if they each have to follow along in a line 5 feet behind the next guy behind them they will not be able to reach and assist others in the line in any kind of escape attempt, and they can all be led by whoever holds the rope at the front. Any who decide to run will begin choking their fellows ... Further if they all start running, I can just cast to raise the wight of the rope already around their necks. They might make it 10 steps with a 1000lb rope, but they will not make much more distance once it weighs 2000lbs ... at 3000lb the heads probably start shearing off."

Using his spell-based TK, Tyral will begin to remove all the various weapons from the 5 sleeping Orcs (OOC: swords, axes, knives, spears, whatever they have) to stack in a pile. He will next fish 6 bags out of his Dimensional Bag (he has [10] Large Sack(s) in there). "Having them bound and blind will likely assist in getting information out of them once we get them marched a safe distance ... these will wake up less than a minute after the Cloud of Slumber expires ... " [OOC: Should be 1d4 = 4 Melees after each Orc is removed] *Kind of wish that we had Predat and Tatyana around to assist with erasing tracks or whatever ... Although I suppose I should be thankful that Predat was not here to blast through them like a tidal wave ... Sometimes he just seems too efficient at killing.*

If Silhouette finishes making a lead-rope with a bunch of loops, Tyral will ask that she cut lengths to be ready to bind their prisoners' hands as well (he will also summon additional rope if needed).

If after any eventual binding, the Orcs begin to show signs of waking (movement, talking inside their headbags, etc.), then Tyral will have his pack of 5 Wolves begin with a menacing set of growls ...


*** CONTINGENCY: If Silhouette can't pull herself together, Tyral will cast Weightlessness [6 PPE] on EACH of the Orcs, rope them all together and fly them back to the Cave. When they wake, they can all be tied to separate trees with their head-bags, and the pack of Wolves in stand-by.

Disregard
Initiative: 1d20 = 8
APM: 6


Parry w Staff if needed [+12]: 1d20+12 = 26, 1d20+12 = 25, 1d20+12 = 20, 1d20+12 = 28, 1d20+12 = 23
Initiative Bonus [+5]: 1d20+5 = 23
Save vs. HF [+9]: 1d20+9 = 17



===============================
BRAGO

Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away), Armor of Ithan (1.00 Min, AR 18, SDC 160/160).

Prowl 60%: 1d100 = 68 - Remain unseen while moving around to flank the herd (group) of Orcs.

Brago walks near Tyral ready to defend his master as needed.


"Minion_Wolves_(4)"
Minion Wolf:
80 lbs, SPD 50
Track by Smell 88%
Smell prey up to 1 Mile away
HP: 21
SDC: 28
PPE: 17
Monsters & Animals Pg 211Follow Brago. Howl when signalled (since a pack of Wolves has a HF of 13 per Monsters & Animals Pg 209)

Prowl 60%: 1d100 = 93 - Remain unseen while moving around to flank the herd (group) of Orcs.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 549
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Silhouette » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:57 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 6 1d100 = 100
Perc: 63% / 1d100 = 89


The weight of the orc sagging against Silhouette informs all she needs as the being's arms sag limply. Stilling holding on her grip steadily relaxes as muscles still taught lower the man to the loamy soil almost gently if not for the recent action. Patting the orc's shoulder as it settles Silhouette glances around checking for the other orcs ready to spring to action, instead finds Tyral had layed them all out. Though the gently swirling smoke around the forest floor conceals her widening eyes at that realization she shakes her head almost chagrinned that she was only responsible for one thinking,If Ears says a damn thing...

To their side Silhouette's eyes settle on two forms not far from them, one average for a human or orc, while the other large and contrasting to the former. A rueful turn of her lips upward mark her appreciation as she thinks,If this plan had gone badly, rescue had been at hand a breath's draw! Pulling her bag off her back she waves at the two to come over as she starts to unhook her rope.

A moment passes as she realizes the bag is on the ground and she's laying horizontal in the air causing her to laugh and again when her motion for the two companions to join her again. I forgot the smoke... Dismissing the magical concealment as she considers the flight. It allows for some unexpected positions, making her feel like a humming bird at hunnysuckle. Looking over Sil see's the elf Tyral motion as something lands across her to wrap and whip smacks her body before a searching hand finds...a rope? A very, very long rope.

"Dimenionsal bags, so useful." She says lightly, taking up the rope end with one knife and cutting a line out for a gag that she ties off around it's head and mouth. After she winds it around the orc's feet and arms, in a classic hog-tie, using her personal rope to make rope to make the bridging piece between hands and feet behind the back. She does this carefully with attention so as not to foul up the effort.

PIcking up her complete package she finds Tyral's cloud of sleep-tight and lays the Orc on it's belly all trussed up nearby. Stairing at the cloud she lightly gestures at the orc's and two wolves to stop their dance, having the animated orc pull it's living fellows out one at a time to be tied up as Silhouette meticulously trusses up the rest in hog ties before then chaining them together in two sets of three evenly dispersed on alpine butterfly loops for ease of lifting by a pair, now that all her companions were at hand for the task. As she works, she will happily allow anyone who can tie a rope to assist.

Looking to Tyral she nods saying,"Time to float them and lets get moving." A long pause and Sil grudgingly mumbles to the elf,"Not a bad plan."
----
Silhouette uses Enhanced Perception to aid in her rope work (-10 isp) giving a +10% bonus. She will redo any efforts that look loose and if Predat helps, they should have this go by fast!

Rope Works -- 42% / 1d100 = 80 1d100 = 8 1d100 = 70 1d100 = 26 1d100 = 39 1d100 = 95 1d100 = 55 1d100 = 57 1d100 = 6 1d100 = 46
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Gobblely, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:21 pm

Perception [74%]: Original post: 1d100 = 44
D20 JiC: Original post: 1d20 = 19
D100 JiC: Original post: 1d100 = 36

PPE: 179/235
WAND PPE: 00/50
SDC: 43/43
HP: 54/54

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [5 Days], Fly as the Eagle [148.00 Min, [50 MPH, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge, +2 Damage on Diving attack], Chameleon [27.00 Min], Armor of Ithan (5.00 min), Telekinesis (10.00 Min, 60' , 60lb Max)

AR: 18
SDC: 200/200

===============================

Silhouette wrote:Looking to Tyral she nods saying,"Time to float them and lets get moving." A long pause and Sil grudgingly mumbles to the elf,"Not a bad plan."


The Wizard nods at Silhouette and TK's the Orcs' various weapons over (OOC: please provide list) and bundles them (or shoves them into a dimensional bag). Tyral takes a breath and casts Weightlessness on each of the 6 Orcs [6 PPE (-36 PPE), 5.00 Minutes] then grabs hold of a rope to launch skyward at 40 mph carrying a tow-line (ideally with a bunch of weightless Orcs-balloons, and all the weapons) bound for the Cave (safely situated in the midst of a Circle of Concealment).

*Brago, bring the wolves back to the Cave. Take a route that will be hard to follow back ... *
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 549
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby EBAH » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:33 am


Date: 14 May, 345
Time: 0400
Environment: Partly cloudy, slight breeze from the east
Location: North of Hadrin's Cove


Main Stage
With the orcs lying on the ground peacefully, Silhouette and Tyral start to cook up a plan on how to deal with them. Tyral starts weaving his magic. First, he creates rope and then he cast Telekinesis on himself. Silhouette begins to tie up the rope. She then starts preparing lengths of rope to bind their hands. After the elf has finished with his magical incantations, he pulls several empty sacks from his dimensional bag. He uses them to cover the heads of the orcs to prevent them from seeing. Then elf then gathers all the orcs weapons and other various belongings, if they have any. Tyral then places all the loot into his dimensional bag.

One they certain that the orcs have been blinded and secured, Tytal cast one last spell of weightlessness on all orcs. He then takes flight with the string of orcs in tow. The weightless orcs bouncing around in tow like a string of balloons being pulled by a child. Shortly after take off, the orcs begin to stir and clamor, as the spell wears off. They eventually start speaking. A word here and there getting cut off by their gaging, due to the combination of their weightlessness and rope around their necks. Most of it seems to be insults or taunts hurled at no one in particular.

By the time they return back to cave, daylight begins crest over the horizon. They land just in front of the cave entrance.

Off Stage
Predat and Tatyana peer into the night as they watch the cloud of smoke dissipate. Leaving only a few figures standing. Several would've are standing around along with three humanoids. One just stands there as the other two begin moving about. From there distance all they can see is lost of movement, back and forth and bending down a lot at lumps on the ground. As the look on it becomes apparent that the lumps on the ground are bodies. After a while of looking, they eventually see the wolves lurk off into the blackness of the woods. One figure takes flight with a string of bodies tied in a row. Upon closer inspection, it can be seen that the bodies are alive and seem to be made of nothingness as they float through the air. Both the flying lines of people and two on the ground head off in the same direction. Prest and Tatyana look at each other and come to the same conclusion that they must be heading back in the direction of the cave.

What are you next course of actions?

Loot
    (2) Long Swords
    (1) 1h Axe
    (1) 2h Axe
    (1) Spear
    (1) Mace
    (1) Wooden Shield
    (2) Studden Learther Armor
    (1) Chainmail armor
    (3) Soft Leather



Butcher's Bill:
Pedat: -1 charge of Fly as Eage
Silhouette: - 51 PPE
Tatyana:
Tyral: -107 PPE

*Ignore the objects on the floor.
Dim: 20'x20'
Attachments
Cave.jpg
EBAH
 

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:40 pm

Perception [74%]: 1d100 = 31
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 12
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 43

PPE: 179/235
WAND PPE: 00/50
SDC: 43/43
HP: 54/54

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [5 Days], Fly as the Eagle [140.00 Min, [50 MPH, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge, +2 Damage on Diving attack], Telekinesis (5.00 Min, 60' , 60lb Max)

===============================

Landing back at the entrance of the Cave, Tyral stifles a yawn as he looks over the bound prisoners who seem to becoming more animated as they waken and strikes kicks the most vocal Orc in the headbag [1d8+3 = 10 Damage] before speaking quite clearly in Eastern, "You guys may want to be quieter, you are starting to give the impression we should have dropped the whole lot of you in the river a ways back." He snaps his fingers, and summons a chorus of feral growls from Brago and his pack of wolves, "Mark my words all of you, these wolves are hungry. You wanna push my patience, and someone will get to the unique experience of having their entrails eaten while being awake for the process ..."

Performance 30%: 1d100 = 7 -- Sound threatening, confident, and cheerful (whichever is necessary/appropriate to the moment)

He looks over to Silhouette, and cocks an eyebrow, then nods to Brago to walk over and administer/speak his own line (since Tyral needed another voice for the orchestrated conversation) in a low, angry voice beside the largest Orc the Wolf speaks, "This one looks like the orc that killed my Sally. He dies either way ..." He himself then administers a TK grab of the Orc's neck (like an incomplete choke).

The Wizard offers a staged response to Brago, "Not your call Kal. If the Mistress says he lives, you will not lay a hand on him. Put the blade away ... Awww I think that one over there peed himself." Tyral will release his TK hold as if the fictional Kal had been chastised and recognized another's authority. *Let the Mystic start questioning and digging through their minds. When Predat and Tatyana get back, I am going to get a damn nap in. One of them can stand guard, and someone can go back and wipe out tracks.*

"Anyone feel like being helpful? I'm sure everyone was thrilled to be tromping around the woods in the pre-dawn ... surely someone thinks they are the smartest and wants to prevent their fellows from divulging too much. Come on, no one wants to go to the hot-coals to burn out eyes, or the teeth removal section right ? ... Or maybe we need to do one eye now. Just to make sure it is clear that it is not an idle threat. Any thoughts Mistress?" The Wizard is largely bluffing, and has no particular intention of going through any teeth removal process, but the prisoners do not know that (hopefully).

Recognize Enchantment 92%: 1d100 = 20 -- Do the prisoners have any magic items
Intelligence 84%: 1d100 = 12 -- Look for signs that anyone might be receptive to answering (though he will want to do it with Sil in private), and keep an eye open for any apparent attempts to communicate.

-------

** CONTINGENCY
If Silhouette fails to take the cue and pick someone to begin questioning, Tyral will grab whichever Orc in studded-leather seems to have kept it in better repair, and drag them into the back of the Cave by a piece of their hog-tie-rope, "You are quite right Mistress" *they can't tell if she's here or not, hell I might be responding to a Telepathic conversation,* "This one is fine to start with ..."

At the back of the Cave, the Wizard creates a 60ft length of 1/2-inch-thick rope [Create Rope (2 PPE, Rifter 19 Pg 96] which he loops completely around the prisoner's Neck twice, then down and around the Chest twice with a knot in the back (ideally leaving about a 40ft-end/lead). Next, he casts Befuddle (6 PPE, 100', 20.00 Mi, [½ Attacks/Melee, -2 Strike/Parry/Dodge, -20% to Skills]) on the Orc, because well it seems like a good idea. He then removes the headbag (holding the far end of the rope as a handle), "Good morning. What's your name? ..."

Charm/Impress 80%: 1d100 = 35

Assuming that a name is given Tyral will nod and continue, "Great [-Name-]. You can be a pain in the ass and I can turn you over to Kal. He gets a big kick out of these talks. I am a believer that most folks can see reason if it is explained thoroughly, he ... well Orc raiders raped and killed his wife 2 years back so most of the time prisoners would rather talk to me. Your call though."

If the prisoner is amenable, Tyral nods and asks a series of questions (waiting for response after each), "Excellent. Now who leads the Orcs up at the Castle? Why is he (or she) in charge? Why are you lot at the Castle? How many Orcs are in the Castle? ... Is anyone else in the Castle?"

If there is any inquiry about why there are no hot-coals to follow-through on threats from outside, Tyral will go ahead and pull out his fire-blade. "If that's the only way you want to talk, I can bring you back to your friends with 1 eye or 2 ... I am actually a very skilled surgeon and can make this rope around your throat weigh 300lbs to hold you still ... Hell I can make it 500lb and watch it knock you out ... you can wake up in permanent darkness. Maybe remove your nose if you want to get insulting enough, but most folks prefer the easy way ... "


-------

Brago and Minion-Wolves
"Minion_Wolves_(4)"
Minion Wolf:
80 lbs, SPD 50
Track by Smell 88%
Smell prey up to 1 Mile away
HP: 21
SDC: 28
PPE: 17
Monsters & Animals Pg 211
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 549
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tatyana Singh » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:18 am

Perception: [57%] 1d100 = 93
JIC: 1d20 = 6[/dice]/1d100 = 19

Conditions: Nightvision: 40 feet, excellent day vision; Keen hearing, equal to a canine; excellent sense of smell, Horror Factor: 12, Sustain [5 Days]

The monster hunter floats in place watching the figures below. Confused at first,she quickly realizes that it must be Sil and Tyral ambushing the Orcs. Sil is using necromancy to set a trap! I really have to get her to teach me those spells when this is over. Tatyana thinks to herself.Turning to Pre, she quietly says, "That must be our wizards down there collecting orcs for interrogation. Let's stay up here and keep watch for anything they aren't prepared for."

The cloaked Wolfen looks around in the general direction that the orcs came from. After a surprisingly short while she watches Tyral and a line of orcs fly by, heading for the cave. After a few more minutes of observation, she taps her high flying reptilian companion and points after the elven wizard. "Let's head back."

Landing back at the mouth of the cave, Tatyana stays quiet as she enters, not to startle anyone and not give away her presents to the bagged orcs. She can hear Tyral talking to the orcs presumably.


Track blood scent [40%] 1d100 = 5 (Staying alert for a familiar blood scent)
Track familiar scent [36%] 1d100 = 100 (Staying alert for any familiar scents)
Wilderness Survival [75%] 1d100 = 22 (Looking for anything useful)
Intelligence [60%] 1d100 = 50 (Looking for anything useful)
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 36/36
SDC: 53/53
PPE: 127/127
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: Southern United Kingdom

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Silhouette » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:09 am

JIC: 1d20 = 151d100 = 1
Perc: 63% / 1d100 = 51


Silhouette stands still at Tyral's statement with a mix of shock and bemusement at the elf's play at shaping the moment. At hearing the elf's statement of Mistress, Silhouette pauses before realizing,Is he talking about...me?! Lips part in shock as her brow gently creases before she nods slowly in understanding. Feeling detached from herself she looks at Tyral wondering,Is there a catch to this?
Following his lead Silouette says in Gobblely as a sort of translator to the orcs should they not understand,"Be calm my friends, and you the most Kal should know better than to threaten feeding one alive to... I am the Mistress of that castle and we will know which yet killed your Sally good Kal, if any did have a hand in it or the same elsewhere.

At the comment of peeing oneself Silhouette laughs breaking character trying to recover,[b]"Hmm. Yes, one did pee itself, but who can say they would not after being taken capture so easily without the drawing of blood. I too would fear my captors."[]

Finally Silhouette says of the Wizard's remark upon the smartest orc,[b]"Yes, a smart orc would lead the way for his fellows so that none have to lose eyes or teeth off-hand. No one here will be hurt for the truth, in fact, all truth spoken freelly will be part of your price to being free. Lies on the other hand..."


Along with her mental probing below Silhouette will ask any of the six the questions she is probing. Any that lie will get an additional mark on the cheek from her blade. A tally in blood.

As she winds down her speach she glances to her allies, the entire time having been waiting for the jest to follow though Tyral goes on to support the inclination that she was in fact, in charge here. Standing by after her words she lets the orcs have a chance to know their position.

Taking her pack off she sits down on it as a makeshift stool after adjusting her weapons strewn about her until comfortable as she crosses her hands in her lap looking from hooded orc to hooded orc. Summoning her mental will she delves their minds for various instrumental facts to the groups purpose here.

Telepathy, Superior: 16 Minutes: (-8 ISP)

"Why do the orcs kill all the wolves?"

"What god or pantheon do they orcs here worship?"

"Where do the Orc's hail from originally?"

"What made them leave that place?"

"Why are the Orcs all in the East?" (Possibly a different answer to above.)

"Have these orcs attacked travelers or towns unprovoked?"
IF ANY HAVE AN ANSWER OF YES to attacks, "Silhouette will determine if ANY of the ones here stayed their hand from killing travelers and towns/cities in all but self defense." She will mark them with her dagger a small on the check.

"Are they a part of a larger orc force?"

"Who leads the orcs smaller group?"

"How can I tell who their groups leader is without knowing their name?"

"Does their leader answer to someone else?" **If yes, asterisks below are questions.

**"Who is that someone else?"

**"Where is that someone else?"

**Who leads the larger orc force?" (Perhaps same as the person the smaller group answers to.)

**"Where is their larger group force leader?" (Perhaps related to the person answered to)

**"How can I tell who that is if I did not have a name?"

"How are their leaders chosen?"

"Does their leader have to be an orc?"

Any question that at least one does not know, she asks "Who would know the answer?" "How do I tell who they are without a name?"

Leaving the orcs hooded for now Silhouette begins speaking to them collectively in Gobblely using simple terms so as not to confuse them with her poorer mastery as she carries on with Tyral's small push"My name is Mistress Silhouette. Or if you don't know what that means, shadow in light. Now to the point. You are in human lands that humans claim with sword and arrow to keep to themselves, which I will return to shortly. There are Orcs that live among humans in towns and cities without problems by following the law of humans. But there are orcs like you that have come to the human lands that have not lived in peace with men. These orcs raid travelers. These orcs have attacked towns as well. These orc attacks cause all orcs to be seen as as invaders. These attacks cause YOU to be called invaders." Pausing for a time Silhouette lets that set in and listens for any responses.

Beginning again the changeling in the form of dark skin and long black hair stands drawing one of her dwarven dagger's as she speaks,"As invaders to the humans you are worth a few coins each. Your ear as proof of death for that coin." Going to one orc she begins to take the hood off looking it in the face with her own eyes hard. "I will now remove your hoods, do not attack and you may leave here today alive. Attack and you kill your own here and your own in the castle." Reasoning with the orcs Silhouette continues, though ready to defend herself as she speaks,"Now, If you are not like these orcs and have not attacked human travelers and human towns you can be something that is not an invader to be killed for gold like pests. Proceeding down the line she takes a hood off for each in turn with each sentence,"Orcs, a people like you leaving one land to come to another, makes you not invaders. This makes you something else. Something almost as worthless as invaders to humans. Refugees. People fleeing from one place to another for their lives. Refuges are as worthless to humans because you too can become invaders. When you become a drain on food and bed space, a source of sickness, and a cause of lawless action... In the end refugees become invaders when they have no place of their own."

Not turning her back on the orcs Silhouette steps back to sit on her pack once more, leather creaking as she nestles into place, fingers wrapped readily around the dwarven dagger's handle on her knee. Nodding the changeling says,"That castle and these lands belong to humans even if they are not in use by them, but you can make it into a place they do not want to kill you for holding because you have WORTH by being here. Defend these lands, spill your blood worth gold by keeping orcs that attack and pillage towns from doing so. Your blood in your veins is able to have more worth than your ear from a corpse."

Shaking her head she adds,"This idea may be new to you, but so are these lands new to you, the way you live can be new too if pillaging was your way before. If you think this idea fair, to have a place for orcs in peace, tell me now, then tell me what your friends in my castle need to believe the same. If not, why you would turn this offer away?"

Breathing in and out Silhouette waits considering,It would be much better to recruit members to fight the cultists eventually, than to merely waste our time salving the tumor with a bandage to little gain. The thought still surprised her even with all she said to the orcs, but more and more she begins to be certain that her father had a plan for her. One he intended, but she stumbled into fulfilling by chance as she thinks,"Fighting the old ones emergence...because they just won't leave her alone now."
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Gobblely, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby EBAH » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:14 pm


Date: 14 May, 345
Time: 0450
Environment: Partly cloudy, slight breeze from the east
Location: North of Hadrin's Cove


The duo lands with their prize in tow. Lining them up just outside the mouth of the entrance to the cave, Tyral starts off by a physical display of dominance. He then follows it up with some intimidation tactics. Brago adds a few lines of dialogue and couple of growls. The bunch of orcs begin to settle down. "Not your call Kal. If the Mistress says he lives, you will not lay a hand on him. Put the blade away ... Awww I think that one over there peed himself." Tyral finishes as there is an awkward silence the comes over the area. It is quickly interrupted as a few of the orcs start to snicker. "Anyone feel like being helpful? I'm sure everyone was thrilled to be tromping around the woods in the pre-dawn ... surely someone thinks they are the smartest and wants to prevent their fellows from divulging too much. Come on, no one wants to go to the hot-coals to burn out eyes, or the teeth removal section right ? ... Or maybe we need to do one eye now. Just to make sure it is clear that it is not an idle threat. Any thoughts Mistress?" The elf adds to response to the snickering.

Tatyana and Predat make their way back to cave. By the time they reach it, Tyral and Silhouette have already returned. Walking up on the group, they hear a few of the orcs snicker and joke or two about someone soiling themselves.

"Be calm my friends, and you the most Kal should know better than to threaten feeding one alive to... I am the Mistress of that castle and we will know which yet killed your Sally good Kal, if any did have a hand in it or the same elsewhere." Silhouette answers the elf and wolf, adding to the theatrics of the rouse. At that moment one of the bigger orcs lets out a hearty laugh. "Your gobbly smells of Silonar scatt and mistress of the castle?! That's laughable. Then why we find it abandoned or do you just like broken things? You're not scaring me." The orcs shifts his weight in a defiant motion. Brago suddenly snaps at the orc followed by a menacing growl.

Silhouette attempts again to try and communicate with the orcs in Gobbley. "My name is Mistress Silhouette. Or if you don't know what that means, shadow in light. Now to the point. You are in human lands that humans claim with sword and arrow to keep to themselves, which I will return" The changeling is interpreted by the larger orc. "Just stop. Grak nog shuruf. We can't understand you half the time. Grak pock gig drog. Is there anyone else who can speak better?" Ignoring the orc's response Silhouette continues the interrogation. She starts to asks all of them questions
At first none of them respond, giving her the cold shoulder.

"As invaders to the humans you are worth a few coins each. Your ear as proof of death for that coin." Going to one orc she begins to take the hood off looking it in the face with her own eyes hard. "I will now remove your hoods, do not attack and you may leave here today alive. Attack and you kill your own here and your own in the castle." She begins again her questioning of the prisoners.

By the time she is finished the group is able I'd ascertain the following information. The orcs killed the wolves for food and pleasure. This particular band of orcs worship many gods. They left their home because their leader told them they had to. Of the prisoners, the highest ranking orc is called Troc. They rest of the questions either yielded ignorance or was meet with a language problem. Troc and one other orc seem to have resisted the mind probe on some question or couldn't determine if they were lying or telling the truth. The second orcs name is Du'Raktar.

Their group is lead by an orc calling himself Or'Kall. Their leader is chosen by being the strongest and bravest and that they will only follow an orc. They are two low ranking to have any knowledge of any tactic or reasoning. They just follow orders.

"If not, why you would turn this offer away?" Silhouette finishes her speech as Troc answers her. Grunting first. "You expect us to turn on our own? Your dumber than you look. Our clan would never betray our kin. I would kill them first before I saw them help any of your kind."

What are you next course of actions?


Butcher's Bill:
Pedat: -1 charge of Fly as Eage
Silhouette: - 51 PPE, 8 ISP (4 minutes remaining)
Tatyana:
Tyral: -107 PPE







Date: 13 May, 345
Time: 01122
Environment: Partly cloudy, slight breeze from the east
Location: Hadrin's Cove


The smells of ale and firewood fill the air as Lucifuge sits at a table in the corner. He is eating his meal and a young woman sits down, across from him. "Excuse me sir, but you don't mind if I join you, do you? You look like someone who just might have what I need. Let me buy you a drink, if not for the interruption, then." She looks at him and waits for a response before leaning in. A cowl covers her head. Her voice is just low enough for him to hear but muffled by anyone eavesdropping. "I have a proposition for you, if you are interested. It's from the captains of the dukes guard of Llorn." The woman puts a mug on the table. She takes a moment to scan the pub. "Or if you prefer we could take a walk a discuss this further without so many ears nearby." The young woman smiles. As she waves a waitress over.

What are you next course of actions?
EBAH
 

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:35 am

Perception [74%]: 1d100 = 31
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 12
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 43

PPE: 167/235
WAND PPE: 00/50
SDC: 43/43
HP: 54/54

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [5 Days], Fly as the Eagle [90.00 Min, [50 MPH, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge, +2 Damage on Diving attack], Tongues [12 PPE, 50.00 Minutes]

===============================

Tyral internally bristles that Silhouette opted so quickly to remove headbags without anything, **Mrrlan's beard you idiotic girl! Now they know we are not a legion of heavy Dominion Soldiers ... Mistress is just a way to be formal, it does not mean that she should give away every damn bit of leverage we have.** With the apparent language problems, Tyral will go ahead and cast Tongues [12 PPE, 50.00 Minutes].

EBAH wrote: ... Troc answers her. Grunting first. "You expect us to turn on our own? Your dumber than you look. Our clan would never betray our kin. I would kill them first before I saw them help any of your kind."


Tyral stands smoothly and walks directly over to Troc speaking quite clearly in Eastern, "Ok so, you are the thing keeping folks from cooperating. That is important to know, because there are children starving to death because of your cute little bandit blockade thing ... so I feel no guilt from doing whatever it takes ..." He then winds back and delivers a boot to Troc's face [1d8+3 = 5 Damage]]. "Folks I really do hope that attitudes change around here because Mistress Silhouette offered you your lives, but you don't have to have eyes or a tongue for that promise to be kept ... "

The Elf drops 1 leg back winding up for a second kick on Torc before politely inquiring, "Now Torc, if you have changed your mind on the cooperative approach, please say so. Otherwise, we'll keep going ..."

He'll adminster a few more kicks as needed (1d8+3 = 9 Damage, 1d8+3 = 8 Damage, 1d8+3 = 8 Damage) and if Torc fails to relent Tyral will just turn the wolves on him before the audience.


=============================
Brago and Minion-Wolves
"Minion_Wolves_(4)"
Minion Wolf:
80 lbs, SPD 50
Track by Smell 88%
Smell prey up to 1 Mile away
HP: 21
SDC: 28
PPE: 17
Monsters & Animals Pg 211
Last edited by Tyral on Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 549
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Shen » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:30 am

Perception: 1d100 = 37/59%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 5
JIC (20): 1d20 = 9




EBAH wrote:The smells of ale and firewood fill the air as Lucifuge sits at a table in the corner. He is eating his meal and a young woman sits down, across from him. "Excuse me sir, but you don't mind if I join you, do you? You look like someone who just might have what I need. Let me buy you a drink, if not for the interruption, then." She looks at him and waits for a response before leaning in. A cowl covers her head. Her voice is just low enough for him to hear but muffled by anyone eavesdropping. "I have a proposition for you, if you are interested. It's from the captains of the dukes guard of Llorn." The woman puts a mug on the table. She takes a moment to scan the pub. "Or if you prefer we could take a walk a discuss this further without so many ears nearby." The young woman smiles. As she waves a waitress over.

What are you next course of actions?


The Circle Master known as Lucifuge sits and enjoys his meal, pondering his studies and next move, when a young woman approaches and mentions an opportunity of sorts.

'Tis a long way from Llorn... Captains of the Duke's Guard of Llorn, hmm? Could prove interesting... and mutually beneficial... if it's legitimate he thinks to himself, recalling how light his purse feels.

"A proposition, you say? If you might spare a moment for me to finish this meal, I'd be interested in hearing the offer," he says in a voice matching the young woman's tone (and volume). He will politely decline the offer of a drink, preferring to keep his wits about him, and wary of any potential shenanigans.

Assuming she agrees, Lucifuge finishes his meal, pays the waitress (unless the woman offers to, which he will graciously accept), and agrees to accompany the young woman on a walk, making small talk until she delivers the proposition of which she spoke. He will politely hold the door for her and follow her out.

Luci's subterfuge
Lucifuge generally covers "the Eye" with a patch when in public, so as not to alarm most people and attract unnecessary attention to himself. This is no exception. However, when he holds the door for the young woman, upon her passing in front of him (i.e. when her back is turned), he will lift his eye patch to read her Aura (constant power granted by the Eye), before slipping his eye patch back over the Eye


See Aura
Range: 100 feet
Saving Throw: None. Only the psychic powers of Mind Block or Alter Aura will mask the presence of psychic abilities, the level of P.P.E., or possession.
All things, organic and inorganic, have an aura. The aura has many features and distinctions, and can be used to see or sense things invisible to the eye. Seeing an aura will indicate the following:
• Estimate the general level of experience. Low ( 1-3), medium
(4-7), high (8+).
• The presence of magic (no indication of what, or power level).
• The presence of psychic abilities. Low (Minor) or high (Major or Master).
• High or low base P.P.E.
• The presence of a possessing entity (does not indicate Psychic Possession or mind control).
• Health: Sick, injured or completely well.
• The presence of an unusual human aberration which indicates a serious illness or that the character is not human and may be a mutant, D-Bee, or demon, but does not reveal which.
Note: One can not use this spell to determine another character's alignment.


When they are out of earshot of any eavesdropping locals, he'll get down to business: "You mentioned a proposition by the Captains of the Duke's Guard of Llorn?" he asks her.
Shen, the Blind Mystic
Current Status
S.D.C.: 122/122
Hit Points: 53/53
P.P.E.: 117/117
I.S.P.: 201/201


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On
  • Chi Sight (default condition; any supernatural being, including Ghosts and Astral Travelers, within twenty feet (in any direction), will be noticed by the Blind Mystic. ANY being, supernatural or otherwise, will be sensed within 5')
  • Blind Mystic's Third Eye (can see supernatural beings and creatures of magic with clarity, and at longer range)
  • Sense Chi Movement (can sense the movement of bodies, including hands and feet, well enough to engage in close combat with no penalties, but only at that close range. Can also "see"/sense magic energies involved in spells being cast, or already in play)
  • Spirit Sight (I.D. any infernal or spirit creature by concentrating for a round)
  • Prophetic Dreams (will occasionally get prophetic dreams, or vivid dreams where they seem to "see" events transpiring at great distances away, warnings or visions from the gods, and glimpses of the future) - entirely DM dependent and outside of his control.
  • Radiate Nature (radiates his nature and intentions to some degree; any psychic will feel it up to 100 feet away and nonpsychics within 12 feet. Equivalent of a weak empathic transmission)
  • Sense Supernatural Evil and Psychic Energy (can detect the presence of supernatural evil and magic energy (P.P.E. used as a spell, in magic devices and large amounts in people; 80 or more points); constant and automatic, similar to Dog Boy's senses)

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +33%
Magic (varies): +10
Lethal Poison (14+): +8
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +8
Insanity (12+): +11
Psionics (as a Master Psionic, Shen needs 10+ to save): +7
Possession: +5
Demonic Curses: +3
Despair-based attacks: +2
Pain: +3
Horror Factor: +4 if HF is based on sounds, smells, and things he can see via Third Eye or feel via psionic abilities
Impervious to magic illusions and Horror Factor from things the character cannot see
Effectively immune to disease and fatigues at half the normal rate.
User avatar
Shen
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:05 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby EBAH » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:14 pm


Date: 13 May, 345
Time: 1123
Environment: Partly cloudy, slight breeze from the east
Location: Hadrin's Cove


"A proposition, you say? If you might spare a moment for me to finish this meal, I'd be interested in hearing the offer," The circle master responds to the woman sitting at his table. She's taken back for a second before her expressions give way to embarrassment. Shaking her head, she composes herself. "Oh yes, of course you can finish your meal. Excuse me, I must have left my manner elsewhere. Allow me to pay for your meal as a way of an apology. Take all the time you need. No need to hurry. I will at the bar and when your ready just exit and I'll meet you outside." The woman stands, give a quick smile and a slight nod of the head, before moving her way to the bar.

Once outside the woman walks over to Lucifuge. She indicates for the mage to follow her. "Come let's take a walk." The two walk down the main road toward the market center. She sets a casual pace. She glances down each ally and cross road. Not looking too long as to not draw anymore unwanted attention. They eventually turn down a side road that seems relatively empty. "You mentioned a proposition by the Captains of the Duke's Guard of Llorn?" The woman gives a sideways glance. "Yes I did. Several days ago the captain had dispatched a group to investigate Hadrins' Cove. Though he's confident at their abilities, it doesn't help have some unexpected backup. He wants you to give them aid if they need it. My reports indicate that the group was moving northward. They shouldn't be too hard to spot. The captain's contact man name is Predat. He is an Eandroth. He is being accompanied by and elf, human and a wolfen of all things."

The duo slows their pace as the talk about business. The woman checks her flank a couple of times. Halfway down the road the woman stops and shuffles off to the side. "Here, take this." The woman hands Lucifuge a small piece of paper. "Show this to Predat. It's the captain's seal. He should recognize it's authenticity and take your word. But be careful. A handful of orcs have been seen throughout the area. This is where we must part unless you have any questions." The woman waits to see if the circle master as any follow up questions. "I will be at the pub until nightfall, than I have other matters that need my attention elsewhere. Best of luck to you."

See Aura
  • High level (8+)
  • No Magic
  • No Psionics
  • Low PPE Base
  • Completely healthy


What are you next course of actions?
EBAH
 

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Shen » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:07 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 86/59%
JIC(100): 1d100 = 78
JIC(20): 1d20 = 13

EBAH wrote:
Date: 13 May, 345
Time: 1123
Environment: Partly cloudy, slight breeze from the east
Location: Hadrin's Cove


"A proposition, you say? If you might spare a moment for me to finish this meal, I'd be interested in hearing the offer," The circle master responds to the woman sitting at his table. She's taken back for a second before her expressions give way to embarrassment. Shaking her head, she composes herself. "Oh yes, of course you can finish your meal. Excuse me, I must have left my manner elsewhere. Allow me to pay for your meal as a way of an apology. Take all the time you need. No need to hurry. I will at the bar and when your ready just exit and I'll meet you outside." The woman stands, give a quick smile and a slight nod of the head, before moving her way to the bar.


"Very kind of you to offer. I graciously accept and you have my thanks, Miss...?" says the Circle Master as he smiles disarmingly and allows the implicit question to hang in the air a moment.

Best to get her name, in case there are questions of credibility that arise...

He finishes his meal at a leisurely pace, glancing occasionally at the bar and sizing up the woman - discreetly... watching her mannerisms and so on.

EBAH wrote:Once outside the woman walks over to Lucifuge. She indicates for the mage to follow her. "Come let's take a walk." The two walk down the main road toward the market center. She sets a casual pace. She glances down each ally and cross road. Not looking too long as to not draw anymore unwanted attention. They eventually turn down a side road that seems relatively empty. "You mentioned a proposition by the Captains of the Duke's Guard of Llorn?" The woman gives a sideways glance. "Yes I did. Several days ago the captain had dispatched a group to investigate Hadrins' Cove. Though he's confident at their abilities, it doesn't help have some unexpected backup. He wants you to give them aid if they need it. My reports indicate that the group was moving northward. They shouldn't be too hard to spot. The captain's contact man name is Predat. He is an Eandroth. He is being accompanied by and elf, human and a wolfen of all things."


An Eandroth, human, elf, and Wolfen... hmm... a peculiar and rather multicultural combination... thinks the Circle Master as he takes in the young woman's information.

"Interesting - and cosmopolitan - combination of companions. And of course, you are correct - additional assistance is often useful, as unexpected things sometimes occur." He then allows the woman to continue...

EBAH wrote:The duo slows their pace as the talk about business. The woman checks her flank a couple of times. Halfway down the road the woman stops and shuffles off to the side. "Here, take this." The woman hands Lucifuge a small piece of paper. "Show this to Predat. It's the captain's seal. He should recognize it's authenticity and take your word. But be careful. A handful of orcs have been seen throughout the area. This is where we must part unless you have any questions."


Lucifuge accepts the piece of paper and examines the seal. If it appears to be legitimate, or he just can't tell, he will nod graciously, and say, "Thank you - no doubt it will be helpful when I arrive to help this Predat and his companions. I do have a few questions: firstly, you mentioned a proposition, which typically entails a sort of bargain of sorts - an exchange, as it were. I have had the opportunity to hear one part of this - your request that I join and assist this group in Hadrian's Cove - however, I did not catch the other part; that is to say, the offer which would constitute the exchange itself. Forgive me if I seem rather blunt, but what I'm getting at is - what's in it for me?" he asks.

Surely the Duke does not expect to get something for nothing...?

"Secondly - this may seem a rather odd question to ask, but I have needs of certain materials to assist in my research. I require a ruby, diamond, emerald, onyx, topaz, and a sapphire. The gems do not need to be large or of the highest quality - a half carat is fine - but they do need to be cut, free of chips, and at least good quality. Might you have access to any of these?"

"Lastly, where is the last known location, or plans, of this group? Any suggestions on where I might find Predat and the others?"

EBAH wrote:"I will be at the pub until nightfall, than I have other matters that need my attention elsewhere. Best of luck to you."


Lucifuge tips his head politely. "And to you, milady."

OOC Comments
Assuming the young woman answers Luci's questions in a satisfactory manner (any answer on the gem question is fine - he figures it's worth asking either way), he will accept the proposition, thank her for her time, and return to wherever he is staying to begin making preparations.
Last edited by Shen on Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shen, the Blind Mystic
Current Status
S.D.C.: 122/122
Hit Points: 53/53
P.P.E.: 117/117
I.S.P.: 201/201


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On
  • Chi Sight (default condition; any supernatural being, including Ghosts and Astral Travelers, within twenty feet (in any direction), will be noticed by the Blind Mystic. ANY being, supernatural or otherwise, will be sensed within 5')
  • Blind Mystic's Third Eye (can see supernatural beings and creatures of magic with clarity, and at longer range)
  • Sense Chi Movement (can sense the movement of bodies, including hands and feet, well enough to engage in close combat with no penalties, but only at that close range. Can also "see"/sense magic energies involved in spells being cast, or already in play)
  • Spirit Sight (I.D. any infernal or spirit creature by concentrating for a round)
  • Prophetic Dreams (will occasionally get prophetic dreams, or vivid dreams where they seem to "see" events transpiring at great distances away, warnings or visions from the gods, and glimpses of the future) - entirely DM dependent and outside of his control.
  • Radiate Nature (radiates his nature and intentions to some degree; any psychic will feel it up to 100 feet away and nonpsychics within 12 feet. Equivalent of a weak empathic transmission)
  • Sense Supernatural Evil and Psychic Energy (can detect the presence of supernatural evil and magic energy (P.P.E. used as a spell, in magic devices and large amounts in people; 80 or more points); constant and automatic, similar to Dog Boy's senses)

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +33%
Magic (varies): +10
Lethal Poison (14+): +8
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +8
Insanity (12+): +11
Psionics (as a Master Psionic, Shen needs 10+ to save): +7
Possession: +5
Demonic Curses: +3
Despair-based attacks: +2
Pain: +3
Horror Factor: +4 if HF is based on sounds, smells, and things he can see via Third Eye or feel via psionic abilities
Impervious to magic illusions and Horror Factor from things the character cannot see
Effectively immune to disease and fatigues at half the normal rate.
User avatar
Shen
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:05 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Silhouette » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:00 am

JIC: 1d20 = 181d100 = 68
Perc: 63% / 1d100 = 41


Reaching into her dimensional bag, the forsaken mage produces a special item, a magical skull. Holding it before her she glances at the larger orc who said they couldn't understand her, presumably the lead orc here named Troc. Speaking to the skull of knowledge Silhouette says,"Oh skull of knowledge, let us speak a common tongue..." Setting the skull to the earth Silhouette says,"Well you may smell Silonar shit because there is in fact one outside the cave..." Cocking her head Silhouette notes,This one is well traveled or just saying a word he's heard before...

Letting Tyral take his frustrations out on the lead orc Silhouette eyes Du'Raktar saying to Troc between attacks by Tyral,"I am a little touched that you stand by your own, but this blockade is a problem and your leader bringing you here is too."

Smiling tightly, almost mockingly says,"Often what looks broken and useless is perfectly serviceable in a creative manner." Nodding in agreement Silhouette periodically lets the skull catch up thinking of one of the novel's she read in the Llorn library that was a bit grandiose in language,"Fear is not the feeling I want of you who takes their bonds so lightly, but respect." Quickly she continues with a weighing hand,"Which is why I speak with you now due to the value I hoped for."Thoughtful Silhouette says,"But that is not looking likely since you won't fight your own, unless you want to replace your orc leader and change your reasons for being here..."

She knew it was a grasping idea, to have this orc challenge it's leader, but who knew what you can achieve until you reach? Standing Silhouette puts a hand on Tyral's shoulder tossing her head for the Wizard to abate for the moment mentally sending with the last of her telepathy with an admittance to Tyral,I know this is foolish to try, but maybe they can become allies against the cult.

Thoughtfully Silhouette studies the orc Troc as she mentally plies him for answers with the last 4 minutes of Telepathic probing:

"Is Or'Kall the leader of all the orcs in the East?"

"Where is Or'Kall?"

"How many orcs are in the castle?"

"Are there more clans are in the east?"

"How many orcs are typical of a clan?"

"Why are the orcs here in the East?" {If no idea, "Why follow their leader without reasons?")

"Does he know about the blockade of the Grand Canal?" (If so, "Who is in charge of it?")


These last three Silhouette asks Troc first and then Du'Raktar mentally probing:
"Would he stand down the blockade if he were leader?"

"Is it possible for him to challenge his leader?"

"Would he accept magical help to overthrow his leader?"
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Gobblely, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:35 pm

Perception [74%]: 1d100 = 31
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 12
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 43

PPE: 167/235
WAND PPE: 00/50
SDC: 43/43
HP: 54/54

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [5 Days], Fly as the Eagle [90.00 Min, [50 MPH, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge, +2 Damage on Diving attack], Tongues [12 PPE, 50.00 Minutes]




Silhouette wrote:Reaching into her dimensional bag, the forsaken mage produces a special item, a magical skull. Holding it before her she glances at the larger orc who said they couldn't understand her, presumably the lead orc here named Troc. Speaking to the skull of knowledge Silhouette says,"Oh skull of knowledge, let us speak a common tongue..." Setting the skull to the earth Silhouette says,"Well you may smell Silonar shit because there is in fact one outside the cave..."


The elf rolls his eyes in exasperation, *Why not just cast it upon yourself? ... and you did not instruct it to translate everything it hears ... Now you have to listen for the little skull to translate everything like it is on a delay? Girl you are really making me annoyed.*

Silhouette wrote:Silhouette puts a hand on Tyral's shoulder tossing her head for the Wizard to abate for the moment mentally sending with the last of her telepathy with an admittance to Tyral,I know this is foolish to try, but maybe they can become allies against the cult.


Tyral's eyes harden and an expression of fury comes over his face, **Are you seriously in my head? I do not like anyone invading my thoughts without invitation period ... Are you really questioning prisoners all together so they can listen and back each others lies up? AND Why would we want turncoat Orcs on our side against a cult trying to wake the frakking OLD ONES?! ... If you can 'convince' them which is idiocy, do you not think some minion of the Old Ones would offer to turn them again? ...** By the end, the Wizard's thoughts are just shy of acidic, and he walks stone-faced over and grabs one of the Orcs in Studded Leather to drag him into the cave (OOC: GM placed us outside) at the back wall and pulls his flaming knife to look down at his now solitary prisoner, "So, what's your name? ..."

Charm/Impress 80%: 1d100 = 27

Assuming that a name is given Tyral will nod and continue, "Great [-Name-]. Now is the one on 1 questioning session. Everyone gets one. Nobody has to know who told us what. But let me tell you we are pretty good at figuring out lies and inconsistencies, and if you lie and everyone else gives answers that . You can be a pain in the ass and I can bring you back to your friends with 1 eye or 2, we can do this with or without fire ... I can even heal you to keep the process going and I am actually a very skilled surgeon and can make this rope around your throat weigh 300lbs to hold you still ... Hell I can make it 500lb and watch it knock you out ... you can wake up in permanent darkness. Maybe remove your nose if you want to get insulting enough, but most folks prefer the easy way ... "

Tyral will ask a series of questions (waiting for response after each), "Excellent. Now who leads the Orcs up at the Castle? Where did you sleep last night? How many floors to that Castle? That's above ground, anything below? How many Orcs are in the Castle? ... Where are you from? Where did you spend last Winter? Is anyone else in the Castle, Kobolds, Goblins, Humans? When did you last Eat?
What did you have? How are you feeding (number provided) Orcs each day? ... Do you know who has been controlling the River and canal to the South? Do you have ships or Boats or something?"


If the prisoner refuses to talk, Tyral will use his magic (fire) blade and burn out his right eye, then stitch him up afterwards.

Biology 87%: 1d100 = 98
Surgeon/Medical Doctor 87/77%: 1d100 = 94 -- Stabilize for surgery and afterwards.

He will repeat the sequence with each of the Orc's in Soft-Leather individually (drag 1 prisoner out and deposit him ~30ft away from any other with a Wolf specifically standing guard over him, bring another back) to get their responses so he can compare their info.

-------

Brago and Minion-Wolves
"Minion_Wolves_(4)"
Minion Wolf:
80 lbs, SPD 50
Track by Smell 88%
Smell prey up to 1 Mile away
HP: 21
SDC: 28
PPE: 17
Monsters & Animals Pg 211
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 549
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby EBAH » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:10 pm


Date: 14 May, 345
Time: 0500
Environment: Partly cloudy, slight breeze from the east
Location: North of Hadrin's Cove


"Ok so, you are the thing keeping folks from cooperating. That is important to know, because there are children starving to death because of your cute little bandit blockade thing ... so I feel no guilt from doing whatever it takes ..." Tyral says before administering a swift kick to the face of Troc. Troc's head snapping back before lurching forward. A bloody grin appears across his face. Troc slow begins to laugh. "That's all you got little elf. My mother inflicts more pain than that." Troc spits some blood on the ground at the Tyral's feet. "Folks I really do hope that attitudes change around here because Mistress Silhouette offered you your lives, but you don't have to have eyes or a tongue for that promise to be kept ... " The elf sets himself self up for another strike at the orc. Adjusting his tone of voice to a more pleasant one. "Now Torc, if you have changed your mind on the cooperative approach, please say so. Otherwise, we'll keep going ..."

"I am a little touched that you stand by your own, but this blockade is a problem and your leader bringing you here is too." Silhouette add before Tytal can get his second kick off. Troc does best to look at his fellow orcs before look back at the elf and changeling. "It only a problem for you and your kind. You may think you got the upper hand but we got the might." Tyral and Silhouette have a private conversation all contained within their own minds.

Silhouette turns focuses her attention back to Troc and Du'Raktar. Giving them another round questioning. Tyrell takes one of the lesser important orcs and drags him off into the cave. There Tyral unsheathed his knife and explains what could be done with it and to him. With a little persuasion Tyral is able to get some information from his captor, as Silhouette does the same for hers.

Tyral
  • Now who leads the Orcs up at the Castle? Or'Kall
  • Where did you sleep last night? In one of the rooms of the castle
  • How many floors to that Castle? More than one, possibly 2 or 3
  • That's above ground, anything below? None that he has seen
  • How many Orcs are in the Castle? Each orc give a slightly different answer but around 15
  • Where are you from? A village somewhere to the north (from his knowledge)
  • Where did you spend last Winter? In his village
  • Is anyone else in the Castle, Kobolds, Goblins, Humans? None that he has seen
  • When did you last Eat? 2 nights ago; several rabbits and fish
  • List of Names: Sulak, Mouktar, Trug and DooKa'r
  • None have seen a boat
  • Do you know who has been controlling the River and canal to the South? None of the orcs are certain but another possible clan of orcs might be responsible


Silhouette
  • Is Or'Kall the leader of all the orcs in the East? No
  • Where is Or'Kall? In the castle
  • How many orcs are in the castle? roughly 15-20
  • Are there more clans are in the east? yes
  • How many orcs are typical of a clan? Each clan varies
  • Why are the orcs here in the East?" {If no idea, Why follow their leader without reasons? Fortune and glory
  • Does he know about the blockade of the Grand Canal? (If so, "Who is in charge of it? No
  • Is it possible for him to challenge his leader? It is possible
  • Would he accept magical help to overthrow his leader? Not from Silhouette


What are you next course of actions?


Butcher's Bill:
Pedat: -1 charge of Fly as Eage
Silhouette: - 51 PPE, 8 ISP (4 minutes remaining)
Tatyana:
Tyral: -119 Tongues 40 minutes remaining PPE






Date: 13 May, 345
Time: 1126
Environment: Partly cloudy, slight breeze from the east
Location: Hadrin's Cove


"...Forgive me if I seem rather blunt, but what I'm getting at is - what's in it for me?" The giggles a bit. "Ah yes that. You would think I'm some sort of greenhorn, with all this loose ends lying about. So a fair share of the spoils I presume, in addition to an equal pay from the duke. Forgive me but I have not been privy to the exact specifications." The woman pauses as is if knowing there might be another question. "Secondly - this may seem a rather odd question to ask, but I have needs of certain materials to assist in my research. I require a ruby, diamond, emerald, onyx, topaz, and a sapphire. The gems do not need to be large or of the highest quality, but they do need to be free of chips and at least good quality. Might you have access to any of these?"

The woman shifts a tuff of hair that has fallen from in front of her face. She gives Lucifuge a curious look. "Those sparkly thing just ain't my thing. I'm pretty sure someone down in the market district could help you out." She points in the direction of the market. "Lastly, where is the last known location, or plans, of this group? Any suggestions on where I might find Predat and the others?" Squinting she replies. "No, all I can say they were heading g somewhere northward and might have crossed the Jade River." If the circle master has further questions for the young woman, she will part ways and leave Lucifuge to his business.

What are you next course of actions?
EBAH
 

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Shen » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:01 am

Perception: 1d100 = 7/59%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 100
JIC (20): 1d20 = 3




EBAH wrote:
Date: 13 May, 345
Time: 1126
Environment: Partly cloudy, slight breeze from the east
Location: Hadrin's Cove


"...Forgive me if I seem rather blunt, but what I'm getting at is - what's in it for me?" The giggles a bit. "Ah yes that. You would think I'm some sort of greenhorn, with all this loose ends lying about. So a fair share of the spoils I presume, in addition to an equal pay from the duke. Forgive me but I have not been privy to the exact specifications." The woman pauses as is if knowing there might be another question. "Secondly - this may seem a rather odd question to ask, but I have needs of certain materials to assist in my research. I require a ruby, diamond, emerald, onyx, topaz, and a sapphire. The gems do not need to be large or of the highest quality, but they do need to be free of chips and at least good quality. Might you have access to any of these?"

The woman shifts a tuff of hair that has fallen from in front of her face. She gives Lucifuge a curious look. "Those sparkly thing just ain't my thing. I'm pretty sure someone down in the market district could help you out." She points in the direction of the market. "Lastly, where is the last known location, or plans, of this group? Any suggestions on where I might find Predat and the others?" Squinting she replies. "No, all I can say they were heading g somewhere northward and might have crossed the Jade River." If the circle master has further questions for the young woman, she will part ways and leave Lucifuge to his business.

What are you next course of actions?


Lucifuge will thank the young woman, despite not getting her name (even after indirectly inquiring about it), and be on his way.

Odd that she wouldn't even respond to my name request... nor have a specific figure in mind for assisting these adventurers... what kind of contract does not stipulate the terms and leaves them so open-ended? he thinks, a bit troubled by the interaction, as he returns to his quarters. Still, beggars cannot be choosy, and my purse is nearly empty...

The Circle Master packs his things and prepares to embark on his adventure to assist the others, going over his inventory to ensure everything is properly packed and included. He then prepares his star charts, makes some complex calculations, and goes to sleep. He awakens around midnight and consults the stars for a reading (if the weather is clear):

Skill Roll: Advanced Math (plot star alignments, etc. to determine if any major surges in Ley Line/ Nexus activity are imminent) ---> 1d100 = 64/75%
Skill Roll: Astrology (how will this turn out? signs, portents, etc. ) ---> 1d100 = 3/54%
Critical Success!

Astrololgy
The skill itself and the tables to determine outcomes, if you want to roll it randomly, are in the Mysteries of Magic book, pages 79-80


After this is finished, the Circle Mage will consider his summoning repertoire. Preferring not to travel into potentially hostile territory alone, he ponders his options.

Gargoyles are tough, though any time one deals with demons, one must be careful... and they tend to stand out. Gargoyle Mages or Lords, on the other hand, can turn invisible at will... but will likely resist being commanded by one such as me more often. Still... they would submit to my will. A Jinn could also turn invisible, and would be a powerful elemental ally, but, like the Gargoyle Mage or Lord, would likely resent being controlled by a 'puny human'. An entity or ghost of some sort would be invisible by nature...hmm...
Shen, the Blind Mystic
Current Status
S.D.C.: 122/122
Hit Points: 53/53
P.P.E.: 117/117
I.S.P.: 201/201


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On
  • Chi Sight (default condition; any supernatural being, including Ghosts and Astral Travelers, within twenty feet (in any direction), will be noticed by the Blind Mystic. ANY being, supernatural or otherwise, will be sensed within 5')
  • Blind Mystic's Third Eye (can see supernatural beings and creatures of magic with clarity, and at longer range)
  • Sense Chi Movement (can sense the movement of bodies, including hands and feet, well enough to engage in close combat with no penalties, but only at that close range. Can also "see"/sense magic energies involved in spells being cast, or already in play)
  • Spirit Sight (I.D. any infernal or spirit creature by concentrating for a round)
  • Prophetic Dreams (will occasionally get prophetic dreams, or vivid dreams where they seem to "see" events transpiring at great distances away, warnings or visions from the gods, and glimpses of the future) - entirely DM dependent and outside of his control.
  • Radiate Nature (radiates his nature and intentions to some degree; any psychic will feel it up to 100 feet away and nonpsychics within 12 feet. Equivalent of a weak empathic transmission)
  • Sense Supernatural Evil and Psychic Energy (can detect the presence of supernatural evil and magic energy (P.P.E. used as a spell, in magic devices and large amounts in people; 80 or more points); constant and automatic, similar to Dog Boy's senses)

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +33%
Magic (varies): +10
Lethal Poison (14+): +8
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +8
Insanity (12+): +11
Psionics (as a Master Psionic, Shen needs 10+ to save): +7
Possession: +5
Demonic Curses: +3
Despair-based attacks: +2
Pain: +3
Horror Factor: +4 if HF is based on sounds, smells, and things he can see via Third Eye or feel via psionic abilities
Impervious to magic illusions and Horror Factor from things the character cannot see
Effectively immune to disease and fatigues at half the normal rate.
User avatar
Shen
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:05 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:15 pm

Perception [74%]: 1d100 = 72
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 5
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 15

PPE: 167/235
WAND PPE: 00/50
SDC: 43/43
HP: 54/54

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [5 Days], Fly as the Eagle [80.00 Min, [50 MPH, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge, +2 Damage on Diving attack], Tongues [40.00 Minutes]




GM wrote:
  • Now who leads the Orcs up at the Castle?
  • Or'Kall
  • Where did you sleep last night?
  • In one of the rooms of the castle
  • How many floors to that Castle?
  • More than one, possibly 2 or 3
  • That's above ground, anything below?
  • None that he has seen
  • How many Orcs are in the Castle?
  • Each orc give a slightly different answer but around 15
  • Where are you from?
  • A village somewhere to the north (from his knowledge)
  • Where did you spend last Winter?
  • In his village
  • Is anyone else in the Castle, Kobolds, Goblins, Humans?
  • None that he has seen
  • When did you last Eat?
  • 2 nights ago; several rabbits and fish
  • List of Names:
  • Sulak, Mouktar, Trug and DooKa'r
  • Do you know who has been controlling the River and canal to the South?
  • None have seen a boat
  • None of the orcs are certain but another possible clan of orcs might be responsible


Once each of the Orcs has been questioned, Tyral will returns to Silhouette and Tatyana so that they can discuss privately (not in front of Troc) and he offers a shrug, "So, 4 of them have indicated they think the Castle is 2-3 stories high, they have not seen any boats and have no knowledge of any blockade affecting the Canal ... There's under 2 dozen Orcs, maybe around 15 ... honestly it seems there's nothing related to Llorn's troubles here. So going in to take the stupid Orc-clan down is not going to contribute to completing the Task provided by the Duke, which was restoring the flow of Trade to prevent hunger and commerce in the City ... Maybe the leader Or'Kall might know more, but right now this group seems to have built their own cage. Anyone have any suggestions? I can do more questioning of these idiots but it might be pointless."

Tyral has a few options in mind, but wants to be open to hearing proposals.

-------

Brago and Minion-Wolves
"Minion_Wolves_(4)"
Minion Wolf:
80 lbs, SPD 50
Track by Smell 88%
Smell prey up to 1 Mile away
HP: 21
SDC: 28
PPE: 17
Monsters & Animals Pg 211
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 549
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Predat » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:57 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 23 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 67 1d20 = 2

Conditions: Sustain (5 days)

Pre, after observing finally decides to speak up, "Well I don't think this needs to be overly complicated; we eliminate these orcs, head to the castle and see if their leader knows anything additional. Eliminate that group. At a minimum it makes the area safer, we collect a little bounty and we move on in search of other leads. Honestly, even if they know nothing, it doesn't seem like it'll slow us down much. Better to leave no stone unturned and all that." Straight-forward plan, intelligence gathering and pest removal.

Detect Ambush - 1d100 = 62 / 87% (looking for trouble)
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 61 / 161


Armor: Panath's Vanity
OOC Comments
Legendary Enchanted Plate (full)
A.R.: 17
S.D.C.: 45 / 210
Helm ruined
Weight: under 1 oz.
Modifiers: Superior armor
Magic Features
  • Spell Abilities (3x daily): Fly as the Eagle
  • Weightless: Wearer suffers no movement or encumbrance penalties from armor.
  • Noiseless: Armor makes no sound; wearer suffers no penalty to prowl.
  • Fright Mask/Face-Plate: During combat, wearer can mentally activate the enchantment to animate the face-plate menacingly.
    • Intimidate: 80% or Horror Factor: 15 when activated.
    • When activated, always has the initiative in combat.
    • Opponents likely to view as the most dangerous and be attacked first or by greater numbers.
    • A psionic see aura will not note any significant impression.

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Silhouette » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:50 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 31d100 = 59
Perc: 63% / 1d100 = 49

Skull Translating: Gobbly 98%

Hearing Troc's say after he spits blood,"That's all you got little elf. My mother inflicts more pain than that." Silhouette sighs glancing at the elf caring so tenderly for the other orcs realizing that for this one, pain was not a fear, it was deeper. Where he belongs?

Rope Work -- 32% / First is checking, second is retying: 1d100 = 401d100 = 94
Standing Silhouette checks all the orcs ropes to ensure they are still taught and well knotted before putting more effort into her telepathic means. Working on Troc, Silhouette delves his mind probing for the answers she seeks,"What act have you committed that if other orcs widely knew would shame you permanently? What orcish laws, which if widely known by orcs would ruin you? What would cause you to consider fighting against a greater enemy besides your leaders choosing to? What god or pantheon do you serve primarily? Do you oppose the worship of the old ones? What does he want most in this life? Would he break an oath? Taking out her doll she holds it before Troc, white with black hair and black button eyes, a Holy symbol of Aco. A symbol known to all as a defense against the dark, the dangerous things that breath from the shadows, the Old Ones from times forgotten and only now recalled cryptically within the Tristine Chronicles.

Taking notice of Troc's hubris as the orc states to Silhouette,"It only a problem for you and your kind. You may think you got the upper hand but we got the might." Delving his mind telepathically she finds the answer,What is this might he blusters about? What might is it? Who told him of this might? Where did he learn of this might? Where is this might? Nodding Silhouette begins speaking conversationally with Troc saying,"You seem the kind to fight for fortunes to spend tomorrow and glory to remember in the past. This day though..." Holding the doll Silhouette sets it in front of Troc continuing,"You should know this is an Aco doll, a symbol of her ancient convenient with the peoples of Palladium to hide all who clutch it or pray to her from the darkness of the Old Ones. We will all need help from Aco in the days to come if none seek a different fortune to spend for tomorrow. While none will look at their glories of yesterday with all but regret should they be shackled by... Pausing as she did not really like saying the near invocation she finishes,"Netosa."

Shrugging Silhouette says,"I tried to be right with you even as others would cut your throats and ears off for gold, because someone taught me to not discard a good blade when it was used differently than you would have. Looking over her shoulder she says,"The time for decisions comes to a close. What i show you next is no trick and really happened, may Aco take the light from the sky and my eyes forever."

Instill Knowledge
(BoM pg 108)
Range: One person (one person or bit of knowledge) by touch.
Duration: 30 min per level
Saving throw: None
P.P.E.: 15 (18)
The spell caster can instill any one skill (excluding spells or spell knowledge) he knows at one level below his own level of experience. The recipient of the skill instantly knows it well and the use of the skill feels completely natural. In the alternative, the mage can implant one particular, fairly detailed image or bit of information such as a particular face, symbol, uniform, painting, sculpture, etc, or even a floor plan or schematic, map/layout of a town or city as known to the mage. However, since that knowledge is limited to spell caster's own, it may not be up to date.
The knowledge is temporary and fleeting. When the spell duration elapses, the sill or knowledge is gone, becoming nothing more than a faded, dream-like recollection. Likewise, whatever skill or information is temporary given to the other person, it becomes faded and fuzzy for the spell caster (-60% for that one particular skill). Memory returns to the mage completely at the end of the spell duration. Note: This is one spell that must run its course, the mage cannot end or recall the knowledge at will.

Casting the spell Instill Knowledge, Silhouette reaches out and touches Troc on the head providing him a memory of Silhouette's battle, their battle with the first clear move of the Old Ones cultists. A night of flame, zealots exploding, of Predat, Tyral, and Tatyana all fighting alongside Silhouette where many gathered in then an unknown purpose to fight the Old Ones at Archon Elias's direction. One of the gathered the Archscholar yells at the sight of the beast,"Boldrak Kingscreed is first among Skreeds; a chaos demon of the highest order! A creature of Earth and Fire!" Before the beast exclaims it's purpose,"I am the HARBINGER of DARKNESS! RIPPER! TEARER! DESTROYER! EATER! I AM BOLDRAK KINGSKREED!!! WRATH OF CHAOS!!!" She shares of the battle with the Kingskreed, of the valiant losses of life, a castle splitting in two, the Kingskreed falling into the ocean rocks below, and the castle's eventual tilting into the ocean to follow it.

Archive post of the events: viewtopic.php?p=336143#p336143

Letting that set in Silhouette leans her head against her hand and shoulder saying,"Months ago I would not care how long the slit was at your throat for coin, but the Eastern people are blind and refuse to look at the darkness coming... After this a shadow dragon under Llorn rose up from through the city center blowing a great hole, which was still not clue enough to the East, where before a greater elemental of fire burned their holy places at the cultists command... They busy themselves with you orcs as if that will solve their problems." Feeling a bit tired Silhouette says,"I could show you those battles too, but if the first wasn't enough for you to understand how lucky we have been to get to this point, how powerful we are as a membership, little else might convince you. It is even possible you are here because Old one cultists have lead you here. The realm of men is least bent to the Cultists and the most organized to fight it, but also unwilling yet. You make a good distraction to tear them down while they look away."

If that is not enough to sway the orc Troc, Silhouette will cast the spell again to impart the dragon fight, the cavern blowing out from underneath raining elephant sized stones down, the devastation of a city as she begins again in either case of casting again or not,"It may seem like, why fight that? I say, if that is the least it controls now, it is better to step in before we find what the most it can control is." Pensively a moment she recalls some of her reading on the Elf-Dwarf war and how the fight against the Old One's took so much more power and sacrifice before it ended as she says,"Your people should you love them so dearly, will not be excluded from the touch of the Old One's cultists who wish to resurrect... Clearing her throat she says,"I won't let you have a worthless death here if you swear to take leadership of the castle, to turn your Clan to a different glory, of fighting the Old Ones. A rockslide starts with a pebble after all. Maybe beyond that..." Waiting somewhat impatiently as her self control begins to wane Silhouette listens to what Troc has to say. Silhouette will check Telepathically if what Troc answers is deceptive or an honest answer. All the while she wonders of the orc,"Are you too a monster worse than humans? Proof as good as a rope on a platter ready to be thrown to a drowning child, but kept for yourself should you need it? Like all the humans..."

Letting Tyral and Predat voice their thoughts and opinions Silhouette provides them her own directive while away from the other orc's earshot, but ensuring they have eyes on the orcs. If Troc says he will go back and do as Silhouette wants,"I'm considering letting Troc go, to let them all go, if Troc will take leadership of the castle. He has a lot of backbone, and it seems like a waste to barter a smart Orc on a couple coins. "

If Troc isn't on board with Silhouette she will concede to the other two's input, but excluding Troc from the execution's block saying of the other orcs,"I have a use for Troc, but we untie the rest and let them fight to their death. I do not feel right just killing them bound like this. I'll fight them all myself if I have to should you decline."
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Gobblely, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby EBAH » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:03 pm


Date: 14 May, 345
Time: 0520
Environment: Partly cloudy, slight breeze from the east
Location: North of Hadrin's Cove


Predat, Tatyana, Tyral and Silhouette

After the first round of interrogations are finished, Silhouette checks the prisoners binding and attempts to retie any if necessary. Tyral relays the information he has acquired from each of the individual orcs. Silhouette begins again to probe the mind the orc named Troc. She pulls of a doll and informs the orc of its powers and propose. At some time, Sulak speaks up. "You talk a lot. Is that all you do? Is that how you kill your enemies?"

"The time for decisions comes to a close. What i show you next is no trick and really happened, may Aco take the light from the sky and my eyes forever." Silhouette speaks before she stats in on her incantation. Touching the forehead of Troc and instilling a memory of a previous battle she had fought. The orc shudders a bit as the vision of her memory floods into his. She began her rhetoric again. At the end Troc responds to the changeling. "He is right. You talk too much. Let me understand you right. You want us to kill our own and work with you? You think these visions will do that for you? What other offer do you give? Other than our lives."

Both the Elf and Eandroth voice their concerns and ideas of how to proceed with the orcs. While the changeling makes her case to use the orcs against the ones in the castle. All the orc begin to become a little rambunctious. Causing a slight commotion.


Silhouette
  • What act have you committed that if other orcs widely knew would shame you permanently? None
  • What would cause you to consider fighting against a greater enemy besides your leaders choosing to? A greater threat to his village or way of life.
  • Do you oppose the worship of the old ones? No
  • What does he want most in this life? A way of peace for his kin only
  • Would he break an oath? No

What are you next course of actions?


Butcher's Bill:
Pedat: -1 charge of Fly as Eage
Silhouette: - 51 PPE, 16 ISP (6 minutes remaining)
Tatyana:
Tyral: -119 Tongues 20 minutes remaining PPE





Date: 13 May, 345
Time: 2336
Environment: Partly cloudy, slight breeze from the east
Location: Hadrin's Cove


Lucifuge

The circle mage, Lucifuge, weighing his options head off to prepares for the journey ahead. On his way back he gets interrupted by man, obviously dressed in mages clothing stops the circle mage. "Excuse me. I Alfred and I am the Brotherhood. If I am not mistaken, you g
Just got a job to help an Elf and company for the Duke of Llorn? Yes?"
He waits for a response before continuing. "I have some assistance that you are going to want. I have word of some help and I have a spell that will help track and led you to them. Gather your belong and finish up any lose ends. Then meet me the north side of the toll bridge, north of the docks at midnight. There I should have some help for you and I can help you locate them." Alfred hands you some identification to assure the circle mage that he is from the brotherhood. He will answer any question to help ascertain his validity.

After Lucifuge has gather his belongings, he walks down and meets with Alfred, at the designated point and time. After is already standing off to the side, next to one of the buildings near the water's edge. He greets the circle mage with a warm smile and friendly shake. "Evening. All we need is for our friend to show up. I have learned that he is of some type of priest. My supervisor did not inform me from what pantheon they worship, nor the reasoning for their assistance. Let's hope we don't have to wait long." As the wait, the two mages eventual notice a dwarf walking along the bridge coming near them. He walks towards them as if he knew who they are. Maybe that's him now."

Skill outcome
This star alignment suggests you are feeling bold and confident, but you may also be given to making rash decisions. Do not be overconfident or rash. Think twice before investing money. With  hints of uncertainty and trouble or danger.

Ramsis

After a bit of some quiet meditation and contemplation over the previous night's dream, Ramsis comes to the conclusion that is must be a sign. He can tell that the area is somewhere near the toll bridge of Hardin's Cove. It was dark and the moon was high above his head. Two robed figures stand off to the side of the road talking to each other. The seem to be waiting for something. A faint translucent figure if a spider hangs over the head of one of the figures. The man's looks are a bit curious. A bearded man with two different and distinct eyes. A staff clasped in hand.

He gather his thoughts and takes care of any business before he heads off to find the people from his vision. Walking northward past the guard, Ramsis stroll along the bridge. At the far end he can see the road lit by torches. He doesn't see anything at first. As he walks close to the end of the bride, two figures near one of the buildings slowly comes into view. As the dwarf walks closer to the duo, he sees one of them is carrying a stalf. He is not certain but he thinks he can see an eye patch over one of his eyes and signs of a beard peeking through the mix of shadows.

What are you next course of actions?
EBAH
 

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Ramsis » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:03 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 20 / 24%
JiC: 1d100 = 27 / 1d200 = 61

Conditions:

Ramsis whispers ”what do you think, Proximo? He has a beard, is holding a staff, has odd eyes.” There is a feeling of contentment and trust from his friend. ”Yeah, me too.” He will straighten his belt and harness and slowly approach with arms out and palms up, carrying his berdiche held in his elbows. ’I think this is the sign for peaceful contact.” Ramsis will walk to within 20 ft of the pair. He will stop and lower his head as he speaks.

Lowering his head, ”My mistress sent me to meet a comrade. She has shown it to be you, my bearded friend.” Ramsis will then raise his head and look at the pair in the eyes. ”Wait, we know him. It is Luci!!” As he sees the full features of the stranger, Ramsis breaks out into a grin at the sight if his old friend.

”Luci? My old companion, How ye be?” Ramsis extends his hand in greeting.
User avatar
Ramsis
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:33 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Shen » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:09 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 15/59%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 59
JIC (20): 1d20 = 20 natural 20




EBAH wrote:
Date: 13 May, 345
Time: 2336
Environment: Partly cloudy, slight breeze from the east
Location: Hadrin's Cove


Lucifuge

The circle mage, Lucifuge, weighing his options head off to prepares for the journey ahead. On his way back he gets interrupted by man, obviously dressed in mages clothing stops the circle mage. "Excuse me. I Alfred and I am the Brotherhood. If I am not mistaken, you g
Just got a job to help an Elf and company for the Duke of Llorn? Yes?"
He waits for a response before continuing. "I have some assistance that you are going to want. I have word of some help and I have a spell that will help track and led you to them. Gather your belong and finish up any lose ends. Then meet me the north side of the toll bridge, north of the docks at midnight. There I should have some help for you and I can help you locate them." Alfred hands you some identification to assure the circle mage that he is from the brotherhood. He will answer any question to help ascertain his validity.

After Lucifuge has gather his belongings, he walks down and meets with Alfred, at the designated point and time. After is already standing off to the side, next to one of the buildings near the water's edge. He greets the circle mage with a warm smile and friendly shake. "Evening. All we need is for our friend to show up. I have learned that he is of some type of priest. My supervisor did not inform me from what pantheon they worship, nor the reasoning for their assistance. Let's hope we don't have to wait long." As the wait, the two mages eventual notice a dwarf walking along the bridge coming near them. He walks towards them as if he knew who they are. Maybe that's him now."

Skill outcome
This star alignment suggests you are feeling bold and confident, but you may also be given to making rash decisions. Do not be overconfident or rash. Think twice before investing money. With  hints of uncertainty and trouble or danger.


Lucifuge listens to Alfred, examines his ID, and agrees to meet him at the appointed time and place. He finishes his preparations and packs all his equipment and supplies, and walks to the edge of town with Mara, his horse. Upon leaving the town, Lucifuge removes his eye patch, allowing him to see far ahead in the dark, and contemplates what the stars told him as he makes his way to the bridge.

Bold and confident, but yet do not make rash decisions. This means I need to think things through before acting. Think twice before investing money - that won't be a problem, I have none. Hints of uncertainty and danger... perhaps this refers to the journey I am undertaking, or... could it be at the bridge?

He arrives at the bridge and is secretly relieved to see a familiar face - that of Alfred. He greets Alfred and engages in a bit of small talk until a stranger arrives shortly after.

Ramsis wrote:He will straighten his belt and harness and slowly approach with arms out and palms up, carrying his berdiche held in his elbows. ’I think this is the sign for peaceful contact.” Ramsis will walk to within 20 ft of the pair. He will stop and lower his head as he speaks.


Initially Lucifuge is suspicious of the stranger, thinking the one approaching may be the danger hinted at in his astrological reading. But then:

Ramsis wrote:Lowering his head, ”My mistress sent me to meet a comrade. She has shown it to be you, my bearded friend.” Ramsis will then raise his head and look at the pair in the eyes. ”Wait, we know him. It is Luci!!” As he sees the full features of the stranger, Ramsis breaks out into a grin at the sight if his old friend.

”Luci? My old companion, How ye be?” Ramsis extends his hand in greeting.


The Circle Master reads the aura of the person before him and sees that he matches the description of a priest, so he relaxes a bit - after all, they were expecting a priest of some sort.

When the person approaches closely, Luci's eyes narrow at the dwarf... He looks familiar... and then widen in sudden recognition.

"Rams? Is it really you?" the Circle Master exclaims, returning the grin and greeting his old friend. "It's been some time... one of the digs, if I'm not mistaken?" he says, fondly remembering the archaeological dig on which he met the dwarf. "What are you up to these days? Priesthood taking care of you?" he asks Ramsis in the language of the dwarves, looking the Dark Priest up and down, and eyeing the large spider next to him, while putting a comforting and steadying hand on Mara, who may be a bit nervous that a spider of that size is so close.

After the pleasantries are exchanged, he will turn to Alfred. "So, this is presumably the one you were referring to - how interesting that we are old friends already. You mentioned some information on where we can find the ones we seek for the Duke? And something about a spell?" he asks Alfred, the inquiry hanging in the air.

He looks the same... he thinks as he looks at Ramsis. Then again, dwarves don't age nearly as fast as humans, so that might explain some of it...
Shen, the Blind Mystic
Current Status
S.D.C.: 122/122
Hit Points: 53/53
P.P.E.: 117/117
I.S.P.: 201/201


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On
  • Chi Sight (default condition; any supernatural being, including Ghosts and Astral Travelers, within twenty feet (in any direction), will be noticed by the Blind Mystic. ANY being, supernatural or otherwise, will be sensed within 5')
  • Blind Mystic's Third Eye (can see supernatural beings and creatures of magic with clarity, and at longer range)
  • Sense Chi Movement (can sense the movement of bodies, including hands and feet, well enough to engage in close combat with no penalties, but only at that close range. Can also "see"/sense magic energies involved in spells being cast, or already in play)
  • Spirit Sight (I.D. any infernal or spirit creature by concentrating for a round)
  • Prophetic Dreams (will occasionally get prophetic dreams, or vivid dreams where they seem to "see" events transpiring at great distances away, warnings or visions from the gods, and glimpses of the future) - entirely DM dependent and outside of his control.
  • Radiate Nature (radiates his nature and intentions to some degree; any psychic will feel it up to 100 feet away and nonpsychics within 12 feet. Equivalent of a weak empathic transmission)
  • Sense Supernatural Evil and Psychic Energy (can detect the presence of supernatural evil and magic energy (P.P.E. used as a spell, in magic devices and large amounts in people; 80 or more points); constant and automatic, similar to Dog Boy's senses)

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +33%
Magic (varies): +10
Lethal Poison (14+): +8
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +8
Insanity (12+): +11
Psionics (as a Master Psionic, Shen needs 10+ to save): +7
Possession: +5
Demonic Curses: +3
Despair-based attacks: +2
Pain: +3
Horror Factor: +4 if HF is based on sounds, smells, and things he can see via Third Eye or feel via psionic abilities
Impervious to magic illusions and Horror Factor from things the character cannot see
Effectively immune to disease and fatigues at half the normal rate.
User avatar
Shen
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:05 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Ramsis » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:55 pm

**Rolls Held**

Skills Used -
Languages: Dwarven / Gobbely 65% - 1d100 = 46

Ramsis’ beard parts as he beams. He responds in the same tongue. ”It is you!! Yes, it has been awhile. It was the dig in which i found this!” He presents his berdiche. ”The preisthood?? My mistress Tark is a loving and giving mistress. I am grown wise under her care. Just recently i have been blessed with the ability to use magic. A simple cantrip to paralyze a limb temporarly.” He stops speaking as he notices his freind eyeing his familiar.

Reaching down, Ramsis lets Proximo, his familiar, climb up his arm to sit on Ramsis’ shoulder. Ramsis motions with his hand, he speaks to his spider ”:Luci...Proximo. Proximo….Luci. You remeber him, Proximo?? You were just little when we last saw him.” He returns his eyes to the two men. ”My mistress sent me here, but didnt say why. How can i help?”
User avatar
Ramsis
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:33 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:00 pm

Perception [74%]: 1d100 = 30
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 3
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 14

PPE: 167/235
WAND PPE: 00/50
SDC: 43/43
HP: 54/54

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [5 Days], Fly as the Eagle [60.00 Min, [50 MPH, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge, +2 Damage on Diving attack], Tongues [20.00 Minutes]




Tyral nods at Predat and stifles a yawn in the morning light. *These idiots know nothing of Magic, or how much the Skull thing over there will have revealed. Orcs are largely considered more responsive to a display of power, or a reason to fear ... Sil has opted to go the route of what? The pleading victim offering a chance at redemption? ... This may work better.* He walks over to grab one of the Orc swords and plants it in the ground blade-first in front of Troc, "Yeah, glad you are so much tougher than advertised ... and since you are so sure you have the Might so to speak ... go ahead and cut yourself out. If you can fight your way past an Elf a stick [Staff] and without armor [true] ... you can get a 10 minute head start ... run off to the Castle, or away like a little bitch, whatever. Was it Sulak or Trug and DooKa'r that told us that Or'Kall gives it to you up the Arse every other night? ... Not that we judge you for your perversions, you go right ahead, fight your way out and run back to your man."

The Wizard holds up a hand at Predat and Tatyana while , "No seriously the Wolves will hold off till Brago leads them out after him, Troc could totally survive. After all the Magic skull says he's at least half the man his Father was ... but like a tenth of the man his Mother was." Whenever the idiot Torc cuts himself free, Tyral will wait around 10 feet away for the orc-'leader' to stand up before he proceeds to pummel the dumbshit to death.

"Combat_Contingency"
Round 1
APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20 = 18

1) Strike with Staff, 1d20+7 = 21, 3d6+7 = 20 damage
2) Strike with Staff, 1d20+7 = 27, 3d6+7 = 18*2 = 36 damage
3) Strike with Staff, 1d20+7 = 11, 3d6+7 = 16 damage
4) Strike with Staff, 1d20+7 = 23, 3d6+7 = 15 damage
5) Strike with Staff, 1d20+7 = 18, 3d6+7 = 22 damage
6) Strike with Staff, 1d20+7 = 17, 3d6+7 = 16 damage

Parry as needed [+12]: 1d20+12 = 23, 1d20+12 = 18, 1d20+12 = 13, 1d20+12 = 24, 1d20+12 = 26, 1d20+12 = 32

Round 2
APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20 = 20

1) Strike with Staff, 1d20+7 = 11, 3d6+7 = 19 damage
2) Strike with Staff, 1d20+7 = 14, 3d6+7 = 25 damage
3) Strike with Staff, 1d20+7 = 21, 3d6+7 = 21 damage
4) Strike with Staff, 1d20+7 = 18, 3d6+7 = 22 damage
5) Strike with Staff, 1d20+7 = 21, 3d6+7 = 19 damage
6) Strike with Staff, 1d20+7 = 17, 3d6+7 = 21 damage

Parry as needed [+12]: 1d20+12 = 25, 1d20+12 = 16, 1d20+12 = 25, 1d20+12 = 15, 1d20+12 = 31, 1d20+12 = 13


*** If Troc dies: Tyral signals the the wolves to tear into the body then looks over at the other Orcs, "So he was the problem right?? Now you guys are going to be cooperative right?? ... Or is this a point where each of you gets to try and fight his way out of here? I swear the next guy gets to try and pick up his teeth with broken fingers before I set the wolves on him ... Troc there was not the most impressive leader ... >snaps fingers and sets all of the Wolves on Troc/s corpse< ... Is Or'Kall better? You guys haven't eaten in days? Is someone bringing you guys food? What's the plan, just play house while Or'kall has you sit in a Castle and starve to death? ... How about this, who has a piece of information that is worth his life? ... Who has something where I should hand over a 50lbs of meat and 50lbs of grain?"

*** If Troc opts not to cut himself loose: Tyral looks over to the other Orcs, "So Trik or was it Twerk he is what? ... is he related to OrKall or something? He could totally get out and go get help, or start cutting others of you loose so you don't end up? He was threatening to kill you guys and now he won't cut himself free ... Not the most impressive leader. Is Or'Kall better? You guys haven't eaten in days? Is someone bringing you guys food? What's the plan, just play house while Or'kall has you sit in a Castle and starve to death? ... "


-------

Brago and Minion-Wolves
"Minion_Wolves_(4)"
Minion Wolf:
80 lbs, SPD 50
Track by Smell 88%
Smell prey up to 1 Mile away
HP: 21
SDC: 28
PPE: 17
Monsters & Animals Pg 211
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 549
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby EBAH » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:06 pm


Date: 13 May, 345
Time: 2337
Environment: Partly cloudy, slight breeze from the east
Location: Hadrin's Cove


A priest, a mage and a summoner

A lone owl can be her somewhere off in the distance. The trio of men all make the introductions to one another. Alfred is a tad surprised when the others revealed that they had known each other. Afterwards Alfred is back to the business at hand. "So, its safe to assume that you are all prepared and ready to begin?" Alfred looks at Lucifuge while he asks. He turns to Ramsis. "If your will the brotherhood and Llorn could use some assistance. I'll just give you the condensed version. You, along with Lucifuge, are to meet up with another group investigating some disturbances. We believe that orcs are a cause of some of it. Once you meet up with the other group, give them assistance wherever you can. You think your on board with that?"

Alfred waits until the two are ready to begin. "Come. This next part need a bit more secrecy. I have acess to a couple of rooms, free of prying ears or eyes." Alfred lead the two down a build or two, to the opposite side of the street. Opening the door, he walks through. The first room is a small foyer. A small bench sits against one wall. While coats and cloaks, hang on pegs on the adjacent wall. The smell of wood burning comes from the other room. "You can leave your belongings here for the moment." Alfred walks through another doorway and waits for Lucifuge and Ramsis to replicate. "Wait here a sec." Alfred turns and starts walking across the room.

As the two look around, bookshelves and desks are crammed into the small room. Books, scrolls and paper overwhelm the desks. There are three other individuals sitting at the desks, deep in concentration. Alfred walks over to one of the individuals. He is an elderly male. He slowly acknowledges Alfred before leaning in. Alfred whispers into the old man's ear. After speaking for a bit, Alfred stands erect. The old man searches through the mess on his desk. He procures a small scrap of paper. He presses it between the palms of his hands. He then hands it over to Alfred, who walks it over to Lucifuge and Ramsis, picking up a map on his way over.

Alfred mutters a few intangible words. He pauses for a brief moment. Opening up the map he point to a spot north of Hadrian's cove, west of the Jade River. "With the locate spell, they should be about here or at least Tyral is. He is a sketch of him and seal of the Brotherhood. Show him this." Alfred hands whoever accepts the paper. "and he'll know that we sent you. If you hurry, hopefully he won't move by then. Good luck to you both." Alfred sees the two to door. He bids then a farewell again before.closing the door behind them.

What are you next course of actions?
EBAH
 

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Shen » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:01 am

Perception: 1d100 = 59/59%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 10
JIC (20): 1d20 = 13

Current Conditions: Nightvision 1000', See Aura, See the Invisible



Ramsis wrote:Ramsis’ beard parts as he beams. He responds in the same tongue. ”It is you!! Yes, it has been awhile. It was the dig in which i found this!” He presents his berdiche.


Lucifuge eyes the berdiche and nods approvingly: "It looks to be a potent weapon. I trust you know how to use it?" he winks at his diminutive friend.

Ramsis wrote: ”The preisthood?? My mistress Tark is a loving and giving mistress. I am grown wise under her care. Just recently i have been blessed with the ability to use magic. A simple cantrip to paralyze a limb temporarly.” He stops speaking as he notices his freind eyeing his familiar.


Reaching down, Ramsis lets Proximo, his familiar, climb up his arm to sit on Ramsis’ shoulder. Ramsis motions with his hand, he speaks to his spider ”:Luci...Proximo. Proximo….Luci. You remeber him, Proximo?? You were just little when we last saw him.” He returns his eyes to the two men. ”My mistress sent me here, but didnt say why. How can i help?”[/quote]

Tark? Ahh, yes... but of course! thinks the Circle Master as everything comes together and he realizes the spider's role as a familiar of a Priest of the Spider Goddess.

"You see, Mara? It's a friend... nothing to worry about..." he says as he reassuringly calms the nervous horse. "I'm certain you and Proximo don't mean any harm, Rams... but Mara here is a bit wary. Don't sweat it, she'll come around." he replies as he pats Mara to put her at ease.

"So, Tark sent you, hmm? Well.. it looks like... actually, I'll let our friend here explain," says the Circle Master as he gestures toward Alfred.

EBAH wrote:
Date: 13 May, 345
Time: 2337
Environment: Partly cloudy, slight breeze from the east
Location: Hadrin's Cove


A priest, a mage and a summoner

A lone owl can be her somewhere off in the distance. The trio of men all make the introductions to one another. Alfred is a tad surprised when the others revealed that they had known each other. Afterwards Alfred is back to the business at hand. "So, its safe to assume that you are all prepared and ready to begin?" Alfred looks at Lucifuge while he asks. He turns to Ramsis. "If your will the brotherhood and Llorn could use some assistance. I'll just give you the condensed version. You, along with Lucifuge, are to meet up with another group investigating some disturbances. We believe that orcs are a cause of some of it. Once you meet up with the other group, give them assistance wherever you can. You think your on board with that?"

Alfred waits until the two are ready to begin. "Come. This next part need a bit more secrecy. I have acess to a couple of rooms, free of prying ears or eyes." Alfred lead the two down a build or two, to the opposite side of the street. Opening the door, he walks through. The first room is a small foyer. A small bench sits against one wall. While coats and cloaks, hang on pegs on the adjacent wall. The smell of wood burning comes from the other room. "You can leave your belongings here for the moment." Alfred walks through another doorway and waits for Lucifuge and Ramsis to replicate. "Wait here a sec." Alfred turns and starts walking across the room.

As the two look around, bookshelves and desks are crammed into the small room. Books, scrolls and paper overwhelm the desks. There are three other individuals sitting at the desks, deep in concentration. Alfred walks over to one of the individuals. He is an elderly male. He slowly acknowledges Alfred before leaning in. Alfred whispers into the old man's ear. After speaking for a bit, Alfred stands erect. The old man searches through the mess on his desk. He procures a small scrap of paper. He presses it between the palms of his hands. He then hands it over to Alfred, who walks it over to Lucifuge and Ramsis, picking up a map on his way over.

Alfred mutters a few intangible words. He pauses for a brief moment. Opening up the map he point to a spot north of Hadrian's cove, west of the Jade River. "With the locate spell, they should be about here or at least Tyral is. He is a sketch of him and seal of the Brotherhood. Show him this." Alfred hands whoever accepts the paper. "and he'll know that we sent you. If you hurry, hopefully he won't move by then. Good luck to you both." Alfred sees the two to door. He bids then a farewell again before.closing the door behind them.

What are you next course of actions?


Tyral? thinks the Circle Master, but then he sees the sketch and puts two and two together. Ahh, the elf... he realizes, and nods. "West of the Jade River, hmm?"

He looks at Ramsis: "Ready for a bit of adventure, Rams? It'll be kinda like the old days... only, I imagine, a bit more dangerous. The only Orcs we ran into at the dig were long dead by the time we found their bones," he says with a grin.

Lucifuge waits for Alfred to finish and answer any questions Ramsis has, and then heads off with the dwarf, his spider, and Mara, toward the direction on the map that Alfred had indicated previously.

After they get a bit of distance between themselves and the town, and Lucifuge is relatively certain they are alone, he will address Ramsis. "So, my friend... while you were training for the priesthood with Tark, I completed studying the mystic arts of circle making. Wanna summon some demons and raze a village?" he asks with a twinkle in his eye. Let's see if he retained his sense of humor.... thinks the Circle Mage as he tests Ramsis a bit.

"Just kidding. Maybe we could work something out with spiders sometime, though.. " he winks.

"But seriously - I don't know about you, but I'm not really ready to take on a bunch of orcs by myself... or anything else we may run into. I mean, I can handle myself alright, I suppose... for one not really trained in armor and so on... but I'd like to have a little...shall we say, 'backup', handy. So, as it turns out, I was kidding around about summoning a bunch of demons to raze a local village, but I wasn't kidding about summoning something..." he trails off thoughtfully.
Shen, the Blind Mystic
Current Status
S.D.C.: 122/122
Hit Points: 53/53
P.P.E.: 117/117
I.S.P.: 201/201


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On
  • Chi Sight (default condition; any supernatural being, including Ghosts and Astral Travelers, within twenty feet (in any direction), will be noticed by the Blind Mystic. ANY being, supernatural or otherwise, will be sensed within 5')
  • Blind Mystic's Third Eye (can see supernatural beings and creatures of magic with clarity, and at longer range)
  • Sense Chi Movement (can sense the movement of bodies, including hands and feet, well enough to engage in close combat with no penalties, but only at that close range. Can also "see"/sense magic energies involved in spells being cast, or already in play)
  • Spirit Sight (I.D. any infernal or spirit creature by concentrating for a round)
  • Prophetic Dreams (will occasionally get prophetic dreams, or vivid dreams where they seem to "see" events transpiring at great distances away, warnings or visions from the gods, and glimpses of the future) - entirely DM dependent and outside of his control.
  • Radiate Nature (radiates his nature and intentions to some degree; any psychic will feel it up to 100 feet away and nonpsychics within 12 feet. Equivalent of a weak empathic transmission)
  • Sense Supernatural Evil and Psychic Energy (can detect the presence of supernatural evil and magic energy (P.P.E. used as a spell, in magic devices and large amounts in people; 80 or more points); constant and automatic, similar to Dog Boy's senses)

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +33%
Magic (varies): +10
Lethal Poison (14+): +8
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +8
Insanity (12+): +11
Psionics (as a Master Psionic, Shen needs 10+ to save): +7
Possession: +5
Demonic Curses: +3
Despair-based attacks: +2
Pain: +3
Horror Factor: +4 if HF is based on sounds, smells, and things he can see via Third Eye or feel via psionic abilities
Impervious to magic illusions and Horror Factor from things the character cannot see
Effectively immune to disease and fatigues at half the normal rate.
User avatar
Shen
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:05 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tatyana Singh » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:30 pm

Perception: [57%] 1d100 = 80
JIC: 1d20 = 10[/dice]/1d100 = 56

Conditions: Nightvision: 40 feet, excellent day vision; Keen hearing, equal to a canine; excellent sense of smell, Horror Factor: 12, Sustain [5 Days]

Predat wrote: "Well I don't think this needs to be overly complicated; we eliminate these orcs, head to the castle and see if their leader knows anything additional. Eliminate that group. At a minimum it makes the area safer, we collect a little bounty and we move on in search of other leads. Honestly, even if they know nothing, it doesn't seem like it'll slow us down much. Better to leave no stone unturned and all that."


Tatyana smiles at his companions suggestion, jerks her thumb in his direction and shakes her head in agreement.

After more interrogation,she says in mild frustration. "They're Orcs, Orcs are inherently evil and untrustworthy, can we just rid the lands of this group and move on?"

The monster hunter has quietly draws her sword as the Orcs get more antsy.


Track blood scent [40%] 1d100 = 88 (Staying alert for a familiar blood scent)
Track familiar scent [36%] 1d100 = 12 (Staying alert for any familiar scents)
Wilderness Survival [75%] 1d100 = 39 (staying alert to the Orcs actions)
Intelligence [60%] 1d100 = 40 (Staying alert to the Orcs reactions)
A monster to kill monsters

HP: 36/36
SDC: 53/53
PPE: 127/127
Horror Factor: 12
User avatar
Tatyana Singh
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am
Location: Southern United Kingdom

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Predat » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:58 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 50 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 63 1d20 = 20

Conditions: Sustain (5 days)

Pre smiles a toothy grin as Tat agrees with him. Pre just sits back and watches Tyral's performance. He pulls a knife and pretends to clean out his claws. He ponders, Stupid orcs probably don't know anything anyway. Barely suppressing a smile Pre says, "Look out Tyral, this orc looks tough, I am sure he can do what many others have tried. Have some elf kabobs." If Tyral has no troubles, Predat barely moves while watching the fight. If and only if the Elf looks like he might lose, Pre will swiftly intervene and just parry blows with his knife.

APM: 12
Init: 1d20+6 = 8

Parry: 1d20+14 = 26 1d20+14 = 29 1d20+14 = 25 1d20+14 = 23 1d20+14 = 34 1d20+14 = 33
1d20+14 = 31 1d20+14 = 31 1d20+14 = 29 1d20+14 = 31 1d20+14 = 19 1d20+14 = 24

If his skills aren't needed he keeps an eye out for trouble.

Detect Ambush - 1d100 = 19 / 87% (looking for trouble)
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 61 / 161


Armor: Panath's Vanity
OOC Comments
Legendary Enchanted Plate (full)
A.R.: 17
S.D.C.: 45 / 210
Helm ruined
Weight: under 1 oz.
Modifiers: Superior armor
Magic Features
  • Spell Abilities (3x daily): Fly as the Eagle
  • Weightless: Wearer suffers no movement or encumbrance penalties from armor.
  • Noiseless: Armor makes no sound; wearer suffers no penalty to prowl.
  • Fright Mask/Face-Plate: During combat, wearer can mentally activate the enchantment to animate the face-plate menacingly.
    • Intimidate: 80% or Horror Factor: 15 when activated.
    • When activated, always has the initiative in combat.
    • Opponents likely to view as the most dangerous and be attacked first or by greater numbers.
    • A psionic see aura will not note any significant impression.

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Ramsis » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:07 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 26/24%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 38
JIC (20): 1d20 = 10

Skills Used -
Languages: Dwarven / Gobbely 65% - 1d100 = 91

Current Conditions:



Lucifuge wrote:Lucifuge eyes the berdiche and nods approvingly: "It looks to be a potent weapon. I trust you know how to use it?" he winks at his diminutive friend.


Ramsis grins mischievously and takes 2 steps backward. With a flourish, he does a few moves with his Berdiche. ”Does that answer your question?” He bends over and retrieves Proximo. Hearing Lucifuge talk to his horse, Ramsis holds proimpo in his hands for Mara to investigate. ”It is okay, Horse. Proximo is my friend and wont hurt you. I think you two could be friends in time.” With that, he places his friend on the ground. ”You are a big boy now. You can walk for abit.”

Ramsis stands and uses his berdiche as a leaning post as he listens to Alfred explain the mission. Once Alfred is finished, Ramsis stands straight and bangs the staff end of his berdiche on the ground, says ”Yes, i am in.Haha, now i can show you humans why dwarves are awesome. Even better than most elves and all kobolds.” Looking down, ”What do you mean, no? If i am going, you are. Listen, Tark sent you to me to HELP ME. So do that already. The 3 of us… *Looks at Mara* four of us can handle whatever it is. If you are scared, i am sure Mara will protect you.’ There is a playful tone to his voice as he speaks to Proximo. With a nod to Luci, He tightens his pack and moves off in the direction indicated.

Lucifuge wrote:After they get a bit of distance between themselves and the town, and Lucifuge is relatively certain they are alone, he will address Ramsis. "So, my friend... while you were training for the priesthood with Tark, I completed studying the mystic arts of circle making. Wanna summon some demons and raze a village?" he asks with a twinkle in his eye. Let's see if he retained his sense of humor.... thinks the Circle Mage as he tests Ramsis a bit.


Ramsis stares at his friend, stunned. ”Is he kidding? Not a bad idea thu… But Tark wants me to improve her rep, not destroy it. “ He looks directly at Luci ”Tark would not be happy if I assisted in such an act ...unless the situation called for such a tactic.” He blinks in confusion as Luci continues .

Lucifuge wrote:"Just kidding. Maybe we could work something out with spiders sometime, though.. " he winks.


”Ummmmm….”

Lucifuge wrote:"But seriously - I don't know about you, but I'm not really ready to take on a bunch of orcs by myself... or anything else we may run into. I mean, I can handle myself alright, I suppose... for one not really trained in armor and so on... but I'd like to have a little...shall we say, 'backup', handy. So, as it turns out, I was kidding around about summoning a bunch of demons to raze a local village, but I wasn't kidding about summoning something..." he trails off thoughtfully.



Ramsis gives his head a shake and thinks carefully for a moment. Nodding, ”As acircle mage, your strength is in summoning help. So summon away. How can i assist?”
User avatar
Ramsis
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:33 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Silhouette » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:21 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 19 1d100 = 64
Perc: 63% / 1d100 = 78


In answer to Troc, the changeling Silhouette taps her forehead,"Oh, no, no, you made clear you won't fight against your own. I want you to take charge of your clan and all the clans, because I think you know you are strong enough to..." Trying to negotiate in her head the next words Tyral explodes into a tirade of insults toward Troc, causing her eyes to widen thinking to herself,"Tyral wants to fight Troc? No...he might die!" Her teeth clench and fists bunch as anger rushes through her at the Wizard's obstructive behavior from questioning the orcs with unnecessary torture and now interrupting to duel with the orc,"Why not the second orc?"

Petulantly Silhouette stomps making a noise of frustrating while she scowls at the elf realizing,"Oh..." In a snap moment a thought moves across the forsaken mage's brow as she eyes Troc. Mercurially acceptance replaces her pinched expression with resignation. Past her aching jaw she mutters,"Very well." Though she argues with herself internally thinking,"Maybe Troc had been telling her all along what he needs us to do? Well, it needs doing, right? They weren't listening to her anyway."

Letting Tyral separate Troc from the other orcs Silhouette pensively collects her thoughts as she motions to Tatyana and Predat's for their attention pointing at the grouped orcs for them to help keep an eye out, before she barks the orcs in gobblely,"Calm your asses down or the lizard will start making you still with his knives, which is much less nice than now." Gobblely -- 32% / 1d100 = 80 Intimidate -- 70% / 1d100 = 48

Silhouette casts Energy Field atop the grouped orcs (-12 PPE) to contain them for the time being should something go awry during the duel.

Tatyana: "They're Orcs, Orcs are inherently evil and untrustworthy, can we just rid the lands of this group and move on?"


Nodding as if in agreement Silhouette laughs roughly as she realizes crucially that she herself was empathetic with the orcs,"Not much worse than humans, or dwarves, or elves." She was starting to see a lot of the world differently lately as she says,"Though one up for orcs, I don't think Troc will break an oath, perhaps all of them here." Emphasizing to her companions that she means telepathically she adds, counting on the skull to continue translating into Gobblely as she gazes at the orc thoughtfully,"I SEE it in his eyes at least."

Lifting her attention from Troc to Tyral and back to the orcs arrayed on the floor Silhouette's comes to a decision as she begins handling the buckles and laces of her armor to rest it lightly on her frame as she steps between Troc and Tyral stating,"Wait!" She puts an arm out to ward off Tyral as she says,"I have something to prove to Troc, and besides you might kill him." Leaving it to sound as if Tyral were a better fighter than he was, rather than that his control was lacking, Sil looks to Pre as she states blandly,"You would." Satisfied that her armor was not going to burst at the seams for what came next Silhouette pulls her silver dagger free saying to her companions,"You're about to be severely startled." As if giving voice to an unasked question.

Facing Troc the forsaken mage says while letting the skull translate,"I have a secret since leaving Yin-Sloth, where orcs like you live, like..." Holding the silver dagger before her in leather clad hands she grasps the blade and handle separately saying as the skull translates,"I'll show you. My warden raised me as a child, giving me this to conceal myself from the dangers of humans before I came here. It is shaping magic that now broken of it's enchantment will show what I really am. You will know why I have talked so much Troc, because I may have reason to not want you to die yet."

Using Strength of Mind (-10 ISP) Silhouette begins to force the relatively softer metal than steel as she inhales sharply, trying to curl the silver blade and handle into a ruined shape. Upon doing so her form contorts immediately from Silhouette's perfect black skin, black eyes, and short shiny locks of hair to something else between before she flips her shadow cloak over her head. Shapeshifting under the dark cloth she feels like she is changing clothes in a market, naked for all to gimps should someone lift the edge, where in true nudity she has no shame in such a revealing state.

Shuddering Silhouette rests quietly under the cloak, her gloved hands visible where the lump of metal falls to the floor clanking dully against rock. Slowly pulling the cloak down she hesitates before swiping the fabric down in a single motion. Standing tall she draws a different gleaming dagger while speaking past a strange sensation of teeth as she pitches her consonants wrong,"I give you my oath. If you beat me I will let you and yours leave here alive to return to the castle to do as you will. If I force you to submit, you swear to return there and take your clans leadership to make peace with the East in a new purpose, welcoming to any orcs willing, in preparation to fight the Old Ones."

Turning to look at her companions a woman's full black mane tumbles around thick shoulders. Full lips begin to part for speech as a tongue flicks one of two peaking upward fangs below a delicate porcine nose as Silhouette sniffs,"Well, that felt a lot stranger than I remembered." Looking down she taps the remains of the silver dagger with her toe noting to herself how her boots were rather filled out along with her armor proving she was still as tall and leggy as she ever was.

Image

Note: If you think that P.S. 23 can't bend a silver alloy dagger, use Strength of the Mind (-10 ISP) for Supernatural Strength and +10 P.S.

If Troc does duel Silhouette she will stand ready to engage him.

Combat Post:

JIC Parry: 1d20+13 = 32 1d20+13 = 28 1d20+13 = 27 1d20+13 = 16 1d20+13 = 16 1d20+13 = 23 1d20+13 = 15 1d20+13 = 27
JIC: Dodge: 1d20+9 = 17 1d20+9 = 10 1d20+9 = 26 1d20+9 = 28 1d20+9 = 12 1d20+9 = 21

Initative: 1d20+5 = 15
Actions: 8

Weapon in hand: Foebane Dagger of Good
Foebane Dagger of Good
Image
Rare Enchanted Dagger
Damage: 1d6
Magic Features
[list][*]Double Damage to Evil: Weapon does 2x damage to any Miscreant, Aberrant or Diabolic alignment. Normal damage to targets of any other alignment.
[*]Foebane (3x daily): Enables the user to identify the strongest life force (level/hit points/S.D.C/brute strength) among the enemies before him.
Curse: none
History: none


Action 1: , if Troc wins initiative Silhouette will dance back distancing herself from Troc. Dance -- 42% / 1d100 = 70 before attempting to defensively disarm his first attack and body flip throw him into the cave wall to get ahead of Initiative keeping him away from his weapon if she succeeds.
Body Flip Throw: 1d20+6 = 15 Dmg: 1d6+12 = 16
Defensive Disarm: 1d20+5 = 25
Contingency: If she goes first on initiative she will use Whittling Attack Defensive Disarm in place of parry.
Whittling Attack (see OOC tag below) 1d20+9 = 19


Whittling Attacks
: Using a weapon, stick, bare hands, the stalker can accumulate stunning effect rather than damage. Each strike stuns for cumulative: -1 initiative/strike/parry/-10% spd. Penalties accumulate as long as attacks continue and last for 1d4 melee rounds. A failed strike roll results in no damage, no penalties. Note: This method of attack must be unbroken and used exclusively for all attacks. Any attack that does damage or tries to pin allows target to shake off the stunning effect within one melee round.


Action 2: She proceeds to use Whittling Attacks (see OOC tag above): 1d20+9 = 16
Parry: 1d20+13 = 14

Action 3: She proceeds to use Whittling Attacks(see OOC tag above): 1d20+9 = 11
Parry: 1d20+13 = 20

Action 4: She proceeds to use Whittling Attacks (see OOC tag above): 1d20+9 = 18
Parry: 1d20+13 = 28

Action 5: She proceeds to use Whittling Attacks (see OOC tag above): 1d20+9 = 13
Parry: 1d20+13 = 26

Action 6: She proceeds to use Whittling Attacks (see OOC tag above): 1d20+9 = 24
Parry: 1d20+13 = 17

Action 7: She proceeds to use Whittling Attacks (see OOC tag above): 1d20+9 = 16
Parry: 1d20+13 = 20
Action 8: She proceeds to use Whittling Attacks (see OOC tag above): 1d20+9 = 28
Parry: 1d20+13 = 26
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Gobblely, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby EBAH » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:52 pm


Date: 14 May, 345
Time: 0522
Environment: Partly cloudy, slight breeze from the east
Location: North of Hadrin's Cove


Near a cave
The group stands around their prisoners. Most of them ready to just bury them in a shallow grave and be done with them. After a yawn Tyral starts speaking. "Yeah, glad you are so much tougher than advertised ... and since you are so sure you have the Might so to speak ... go ahead and cut yourself out. If you can fight your way past an Elf a stick [Staff] and without armor [true] ... you can get a 10 minute head start ... run off to the Castle, or away like a little bitch, whatever. Was it Sulak or Trug and DooKa'r that told us that Or'Kall gives it to you up the Arse every other night? ... Not that we judge you for your perversions, you go right ahead, fight your way out and run back to your man." Irritated, Silhouette adds her objections in. "Why not the second orc? Taking a moment she prepares the group and casts Energy Field to contain rambunkshus orcs.

Troc stares at the sword for a moment or two. He shifts his eyes between the sword and the elf. Slowly he stands and takes a step or two closer to the weapon. ”What makes you think that I can trust you? Maybe as soon as I go for the sword, you’ll just kill me. So, maybe im dead no matter what I do.” Troc cuts himself free from his bindings. He rubs his wrists from the pressure of the rope. Troc paces back and forth before picking up the sword. Reading himself for an attack and to go on the offensive. Unexpectedly, Silhouette takes a step forward, raising an arm in front of Tyral. "Wait!" The changeling exclaims before adding another line or two. "I have something to prove to Troc, and besides you might kill him." Troc starts laughing at the thought of Tyral kill him. ”You, the elf, whoever. It makes no difference.”

"You're about to be severely startled." Silhouette answers and unspoken question. Troc smiles and immediately lunges and a strikes at changeling. His flat fee and recent confines make his reactions slow. Silhouette is able to strike first using her whittling attack. A direct hit causes him to flinch in pain. Troc places a well placed shot but Silhouette's defensive moves over power the orc and the changeling is able to disarm Troc. The heavy claymore bouncing several feet away. Silhouette continues her whittling attack. The next shot by the changeling is parried, unexpectedly. Troc tries to return the favor but misses wildly. His anger, from being disarmed, clouding his judgment.The next couple of blows land as Troc does his to to land a strike of his own. In the end he is unsuccessful as Silhouette continues to pummel the orc with her whittling attacks.

Meanwhile the other orcs all manage to stand to their feet to watch the spectacle. They all start to rush towards Ttoc and Silhouette but run into an invisible wall. They start yelling and making a lot of noise. During the clamor, two of the orcs get free of their bindings. The two begin to testing the wall to see where it ends or if it has holes. The other orcs move parrel of the fighting and barrier. Tyral, Tatyana and Predat stand ready and waiting for the futile onslaught.

What are you next course of actions?

*red dot is claymore and blue line is energy field.
Attachments
20200128_204102.jpg
EBAH
 

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Shen » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:42 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 64/59%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 14
JIC (20): 1d20 = 17

Constant Conditions: Nightvision 1000', See Aura, See the Invisible




Ramsis wrote:Ramsis gives his head a shake and thinks carefully for a moment. Nodding, ”As acircle mage, your strength is in summoning help. So summon away. How can i assist?”


Lucifuge nods at Ramsis and continues thoughtfully. "Indeed, that is one of the strengths of Circle Magic. And I do possess the capability to summon and bind creatures to my will. But..." he says, pausing and stopping for a moment as he looks up and wrinkles his forehead, "what to summon? I have the knowledge to summon anything that Circle Magic can summon, but the means are limited."

He holds up his cages for Ramsis to see. "A necessary component of summoning a creature via Circle Magic is the sacrifice of a living creature - though, many circles require a specific kind of sacrifice. As you can see, I have some small creatures here that can be used for that purpose. But, my supplies being what they are, and the famine being what it is, I don't have the means to summon just anything I might want. With what I have here, I could summon a gargoyle or other type of sub-demon, a Jinn... or a ghost or entity, provided we find an owl and get some of its blood. A Jinn would be the most powerful, but - while I have the will to control one... alas, I lack the magical energy by myself to summon one, as they are quite taxing to bring to this world. However - the time is near when magical power will surge, so if we can be in the right place at the right time, or I could get more magical energy somehow - perhaps through another strong magic user, or a sacrifice of some sort... " he trails off.

Shaking his head: "Anyhow, let's not speculate on that just yet. I suppose that leaves the choice of a gargoyle, or sub-demon of some sort - some of which could turn invisible. Thoughts?" he asks the dwarf.

Date
The Vernal Equinox is approaching in game time, and Lucifuge should know when it will happen, so he may know when PPE will peak.
Shen, the Blind Mystic
Current Status
S.D.C.: 122/122
Hit Points: 53/53
P.P.E.: 117/117
I.S.P.: 201/201


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On
  • Chi Sight (default condition; any supernatural being, including Ghosts and Astral Travelers, within twenty feet (in any direction), will be noticed by the Blind Mystic. ANY being, supernatural or otherwise, will be sensed within 5')
  • Blind Mystic's Third Eye (can see supernatural beings and creatures of magic with clarity, and at longer range)
  • Sense Chi Movement (can sense the movement of bodies, including hands and feet, well enough to engage in close combat with no penalties, but only at that close range. Can also "see"/sense magic energies involved in spells being cast, or already in play)
  • Spirit Sight (I.D. any infernal or spirit creature by concentrating for a round)
  • Prophetic Dreams (will occasionally get prophetic dreams, or vivid dreams where they seem to "see" events transpiring at great distances away, warnings or visions from the gods, and glimpses of the future) - entirely DM dependent and outside of his control.
  • Radiate Nature (radiates his nature and intentions to some degree; any psychic will feel it up to 100 feet away and nonpsychics within 12 feet. Equivalent of a weak empathic transmission)
  • Sense Supernatural Evil and Psychic Energy (can detect the presence of supernatural evil and magic energy (P.P.E. used as a spell, in magic devices and large amounts in people; 80 or more points); constant and automatic, similar to Dog Boy's senses)

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +33%
Magic (varies): +10
Lethal Poison (14+): +8
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +8
Insanity (12+): +11
Psionics (as a Master Psionic, Shen needs 10+ to save): +7
Possession: +5
Demonic Curses: +3
Despair-based attacks: +2
Pain: +3
Horror Factor: +4 if HF is based on sounds, smells, and things he can see via Third Eye or feel via psionic abilities
Impervious to magic illusions and Horror Factor from things the character cannot see
Effectively immune to disease and fatigues at half the normal rate.
User avatar
Shen
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:05 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby EBAH » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:41 pm


Date: 14 May, 345
Time: 0522
Environment: Partly cloudy, slight breeze from the east
Location: North of Hadrin's Cove


So shall it begin
As the door latches the duo finishes up whatever preparation they needed. With talk of summoning demons or at least something, the two heads off into the night. Making their way to the northwest corner of the city before passing through the gates. Walking along the river's edge for a while. Before too long they are able to find an adequate crossing for the dwarf and horse, with rider. Looking at the small scrap of paper with the estimated location, they come to co cled that they should be nearing their destination by daybreak. This night, the forest is alive and all manner of creatures are stirring.

Even with the all the movement there is a peace the blankets the forest. A time or two, they think they can hear a couple of wolves off in the distance. When they stop to get a clearer preception, the sound stops, as if it knows they are listening. Thinking that the forest is just playing tricks, they continue onward. Blazing a trail, they come to rest for a moment. Mara takes a couple of steps off to this side. She begins munching on some tall grass, along with shrubs. She stops in mid chew. Raising her head, she twitches her ear around in several directions.

Building up volume, like an avalanche gathering speed, the sounds of battle cries and yellin can heard rising over the silence. With the echo of the forest and the silent air, it makes slightly difficult to accurately judge the distance. If one were to guess, an estimate of more than three hundred feet would be relatively accurate.

What are you next course of actions?
EBAH
 

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:45 pm

Perception [74%]: 1d100 = 61
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 12
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 72

PPE: 167/235
WAND PPE: 00/50
SDC: 43/43
HP: 54/54

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [5 Days], Fly as the Eagle [58.00 Min, [50 MPH, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge, +2 Damage on Diving attack], Tongues [18.00 Minutes]




Silhouette wrote:"Wait!" She puts an arm out to ward off Tyral as she says,"I have something to prove to Troc, and besides you might kill him ... You're about to be severely startled." As if giving voice to an unasked question.


Elven eyes roll in disgust at Silhouette's idiotic intervention, *Yes you artless hedge-born beef-witted 2-copper-doxy! That is the Point. You have spent too much time with Troc apparently. He is the Problem, the others have all been glad to give up information without even the need to follow through on threatened torture but your boy-toy Troc there has made it clear that he regards you as a scabrous onion-eyed turd. If he does not die, the others will never be as useful as they could, and will regard you as weaker than you already seem because you spent all your time questioning Troc then charged in to stop him from fighting to 'save' him.*

As he exhales a disgusted sigh Tyral glances from the Orc onlookers to Predat and Tatyana, then back to the shimmering wall, "I think she has her heart set on keeping Troc. Guess she fancies him." His face is a mask of serenity Tyral's hands hold his weapon casually as he whispers casting a basic spell upon each of the Orcs behind the translucent barrier. With the utter assurance that Brago and the Wolves will prevent any Orc from laying a hand on him, the Wizard takes a seat and lies back against the trunk of the nearest tree, "Daft Fustilarian toddler. Fine she can deal with them. I am going to get some sleep ..."

"'Combat'"
Round 1
APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20 = 20

1) Increase Weight upon Orc's chest-armor (hauberk/jacket/etc.) (L1, 4 PPE, 100', 400 lbs, 200 Min)
2) Increase Weight upon Orc's chest-armor (hauberk/jacket/etc.) (L1, 4 PPE, 100', 400 lbs, 200 Min)
3) Increase Weight upon Orc's chest-armor (hauberk/jacket/etc.) (L1, 4 PPE, 100', 400 lbs, 200 Min)
4) Increase Weight upon Orc's chest-armor (hauberk/jacket/etc.) (L1, 4 PPE, 100', 400 lbs, 200 Min)
5) Increase Weight upon Orc's chest-armor (hauberk/jacket/etc.) (L1, 4 PPE, 100', 400 lbs, 200 Min)

Parry as needed [+12] if something gets near him: 1d20+12 = 25, 1d20+12 = 24, 1d20+12 = 19, 1d20+12 = 20, 1d20+12 = 20, 1d20+12 = 13


-------

Brago and Minion-Wolves
"Minion_Wolves_(4)"
Minion Wolf:
80 lbs, SPD 50
Track by Smell 88%
Smell prey up to 1 Mile away
HP: 21
SDC: 28
PPE: 17
Monsters & Animals Pg 211
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 549
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Shen » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:11 pm

Perception: 11d100 = 528/59%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 41
JIC (20): 1d20 = 15

Current Conditions: Nightvision 1000', See Aura, See the Invisible




EBAH wrote:Date: 14 May, 345
Time: 0522
Environment: Partly cloudy, slight breeze from the east
Location: North of Hadrin's Cove


So shall it begin
As the door latches the duo finishes up whatever preparation they needed. With talk of summoning demons or at least something, the two heads off into the night. Making their way to the northwest corner of the city before passing through the gates. Walking along the river's edge for a while. Before too long they are able to find an adequate crossing for the dwarf and horse, with rider. Looking at the small scrap of paper with the estimated location, they come to co cled that they should be nearing their destination by daybreak. This night, the forest is alive and all manner of creatures are stirring.

Even with the all the movement there is a peace the blankets the forest. A time or two, they think they can hear a couple of wolves off in the distance. When they stop to get a clearer preception, the sound stops, as if it knows they are listening. Thinking that the forest is just playing tricks, they continue onward. Blazing a trail, they come to rest for a moment. Mara takes a couple of steps off to this side. She begins munching on some tall grass, along with shrubs. She stops in mid chew. Raising her head, she twitches her ear around in several directions.


"What is it, girl?" asks the Circle Mage as he notices Mara with some measure of concern and goes to pat her reassuringly.

We are exposed like this. Two men with a mediocre level of combat skill are likely no match for more than a few wild animals - we could be in serious trouble, and quickly. I need to even the odds he thinks.

EBAH wrote:Building up volume, like an avalanche gathering speed, the sounds of battle cries and yellin can heard rising over the silence. With the echo of the forest and the silent air, it makes slightly difficult to accurately judge the distance. If one were to guess, an estimate of more than three hundred feet would be relatively accurate.


Lucifuge is suddenly on high alert, straining to hear the sounds. He looks at Ramsis. "I don't think we're ready to wade into a full on combat situation just yet. We don't have any men-at-arms with us who specialize in such things, and I haven't summoned any 'shock troops' to assist yet either, as it were. Perhaps we should wait this one out. What do you think?" he asks the dwarf.

I could draw a circle and summon something - perhaps a Gargoyle - but that would take at least 15 minutes, if not longer....
Shen, the Blind Mystic
Current Status
S.D.C.: 122/122
Hit Points: 53/53
P.P.E.: 117/117
I.S.P.: 201/201


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On
  • Chi Sight (default condition; any supernatural being, including Ghosts and Astral Travelers, within twenty feet (in any direction), will be noticed by the Blind Mystic. ANY being, supernatural or otherwise, will be sensed within 5')
  • Blind Mystic's Third Eye (can see supernatural beings and creatures of magic with clarity, and at longer range)
  • Sense Chi Movement (can sense the movement of bodies, including hands and feet, well enough to engage in close combat with no penalties, but only at that close range. Can also "see"/sense magic energies involved in spells being cast, or already in play)
  • Spirit Sight (I.D. any infernal or spirit creature by concentrating for a round)
  • Prophetic Dreams (will occasionally get prophetic dreams, or vivid dreams where they seem to "see" events transpiring at great distances away, warnings or visions from the gods, and glimpses of the future) - entirely DM dependent and outside of his control.
  • Radiate Nature (radiates his nature and intentions to some degree; any psychic will feel it up to 100 feet away and nonpsychics within 12 feet. Equivalent of a weak empathic transmission)
  • Sense Supernatural Evil and Psychic Energy (can detect the presence of supernatural evil and magic energy (P.P.E. used as a spell, in magic devices and large amounts in people; 80 or more points); constant and automatic, similar to Dog Boy's senses)

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +33%
Magic (varies): +10
Lethal Poison (14+): +8
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +8
Insanity (12+): +11
Psionics (as a Master Psionic, Shen needs 10+ to save): +7
Possession: +5
Demonic Curses: +3
Despair-based attacks: +2
Pain: +3
Horror Factor: +4 if HF is based on sounds, smells, and things he can see via Third Eye or feel via psionic abilities
Impervious to magic illusions and Horror Factor from things the character cannot see
Effectively immune to disease and fatigues at half the normal rate.
User avatar
Shen
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:05 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Predat » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:49 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 57 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 1 1d20 = 2

Conditions: Sustain (5 days)

Pre just looks on in confusion? What in the abyss is going on? They are just freaking orcs? Pre shakes his head and just lets the scene play out as he doesn't really see a threat in this situation. "Tyral you need me to do anything?" He will protect himself and Tyral if it looks like he needs it. Tat and Sil can handle themselves.

APM: 12
Init: 1d20+6 = 23

Parry: 1d20+14 = 33 1d20+14 = 25 1d20+14 = 25 1d20+14 = 22 1d20+14 = 24 1d20+14 = 30 1d20+14 = 18 1d20+14 = 34 1d20+14 = 16 1d20+14 = 26 1d20+14 = 25 1d20+14 = 23
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 61 / 161


Armor: Panath's Vanity
OOC Comments
Legendary Enchanted Plate (full)
A.R.: 17
S.D.C.: 45 / 210
Helm ruined
Weight: under 1 oz.
Modifiers: Superior armor
Magic Features
  • Spell Abilities (3x daily): Fly as the Eagle
  • Weightless: Wearer suffers no movement or encumbrance penalties from armor.
  • Noiseless: Armor makes no sound; wearer suffers no penalty to prowl.
  • Fright Mask/Face-Plate: During combat, wearer can mentally activate the enchantment to animate the face-plate menacingly.
    • Intimidate: 80% or Horror Factor: 15 when activated.
    • When activated, always has the initiative in combat.
    • Opponents likely to view as the most dangerous and be attacked first or by greater numbers.
    • A psionic see aura will not note any significant impression.

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:46 pm

Rolls Carried Forward

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [5 Days], Fly as the Eagle [58.00 Min, [50 MPH, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge, +2 Damage on Diving attack], Tongues [18.00 Minutes]




Predat wrote: "Tyral you need me to do anything?"


Intelligence 84%:. 1d100 = 67 -- Are these Orcs likely to be effective wearing more than their body-weight
Lore: Psychics & Psionics 67%: 1d100 = 45 -- Can Orcs be psychic? (To impact the fight on this side of the barrier)

From his reclining position the Wizard shakes his head in the negative, *the girl doesn't want to take hints and wants to trample others, then she can deal with it. I have already added plenty of assistance to that fight. None of those can lift 400 lbs and fight effectively.* "Nope. Sil wants to grapple with Troc. Let her."
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 549
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Silhouette » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:02 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 81d100 = 71
perc: 63% / 1d100 = 46

Slat slate could be no more flat than Silhouette's stare as she parries the orc's attacks realizing to herself,"If he won't see that his children's future is death by an Old One or death at their hands, she would help him see for himself... " She says no more words - it is the orc's last selfish desire she would give to him and the last that would not serve her fight. Silhouette goes to reach out and tap him on the forehead as she wills a single point of Troc's mind to bend until it snaps with a command neither said nor telepathic,but all encompassing,"You will be loyal to me." He would be her servant and see for himself the enemy, if only she had the capability to do the same to the other orcs. (Psychic power Cause Insanity -30 ISP) Obsession - Specific Person: Loyalty to Silhouette, RUE pg 337 Ref: Obsession Table 60-62% Specific Person.)

Sniffing in frustration at Troc and his short sighted brethren Silhouette notes the boisterous effort of the others behind her magic wall. If Troc is no longer her "enemy" she will scoop up her magic skull and bag it in her purse for now. In response to the rambunctious orcs she casts Armor of Ithan (-12 PPE, 18AR 180 SDC) on herself, though her expectation for them being smart enough to path around the barrier is not a high point of her esteem for them. Readying her weapon she shakes her head in dismay toward Predat and Tatyana with a sigh says in eastern,"Unless given to new events, they are now only of value their ears." Seeming to have given up entirely on a bloodless path.

If they don't she will ask her companions,"Ready your arms."

Cause Insanity
I.S.P.: 30 (PF Main book)
Range: Other by touch; Duration: 1 week/level; Saving Throw: Standard
Anyone who fails to roll a save vs psionic attack contracts one insanity. The mental affliction lasts one week per level of the psychic. The type of insanity is specified by the psionic and can be either a phobia, obsession, or neurosis. The use of this ability does not inform the psychic of any prior insanity that the character may possess. The psychic can make the insanity permanent (subject to cures by therapy or psionic cure) by permanently subtracting 2D6 points from his I.S.P. base.

Once Troc is under her guidance Silhouette gestures to Predat and Tatyana to move to the side baring the caves exit as she casts and places a Carpet of adhesion across the path behind them. Silhouette this time won't bother blocking the path to Tyral as his wolves seem capable of that as she prepares to be slaughtering these foolish orcs with another shake of her head. Gesturing to the orcs weapons further in she states in Gobblely,"Take them with prayers to your gods." Intimidate: 70% / 1d100 = 55 As she no longer sustains the energy field.

Combat:
Init: 1d20+5 = 7
JIC dodge:1d20+9 = 29 1d20+9 = 17 1d20+9 = 26 1d20+9 = 10 1d20+9 = 17
JIC Parry: 1d20+13 = 30 1d20+13 = 33 1d20+13 = 19 1d20+13 = 20 1d20+13 = 14
Contingency: After attempting Cause Insanity on Troc, If any orc at all attacks Silhouette or others she will fight to kill from this point on. She will prefer to let the orc's arm themselves before striking, but will use her weapon if they choose fisticuffs.
Action 1: Cause Insanity on Troc (ref above in post ooc tag) (-30 ISP) If an attack is needed to touch: 1d20+6 = 10
Parry: 1d20+13 = 18 Contingency: She will attempt this until she touches him successfully.
Action 2: Contingency: If not being attacked at any point she will: Cast on herself Armor of Ithan (AR18, 180 SDC -12 PPE) If she succeeds with Troc she will cast Armor of Ithan on him too.
If being attacked: Attack: Foebane Dagger of Good 1d20+9 = 11 / Damage: 1d6+12 = 14 (Vs evil alignment x2 damage, a critical adds +1 only to multipliers.)
Parry: 1d20+13 = 31 Contingency: If she succeeds with Troc she will cast Armor of Ithan on him too.
Action 3:Attack: Foebane Dagger of Good 1d20+9 = 22 / Damage: 1d6+12 = 17 (Vs evil alignment x2 damage, a critical adds +1 only to multipliers.)
Parry: 1d20+13 = 20 Contingency: Casting Carpet of Adhesion behind her allies at the cave entrance. (-12 PPE)
Action 4: Attack: Foebane Dagger of Good 1d20+9 = 26 / Damage: 1d6+12 = 13 (Vs evil alignment x2 damage, a critical adds +1 only to multipliers.)
Parry: 1d20+13 = 29 Contingency: If necessary, dropping the energy field after her words to the orcs.
Action 5:Attack: Foebane Dagger of Good 1d20+9 = 18 / Damage: 1d6+12 = 16 (Vs evil alignment x2 damage, a critical adds +1 only to multipliers.)
Parry: 1d20+13 = 20
Action 6:Attack: Foebane Dagger of Good 1d20+9 = 10 / Damage: 1d6+12 = 18 (Vs evil alignment x2 damage, a critical adds +1 only to multipliers.)
Parry: 1d20+13 = 25
Action 7:Attack: Foebane Dagger of Good 1d20+9 = 11 / Damage: 1d6+12 = 16 (Vs evil alignment x2 damage, a critical adds +1 only to multipliers.)
Parry: 1d20+13 = 24
Action 8:Attack: Foebane Dagger of Good 1d20+9 = 28 / Damage: 1d6+12 = 18 (Vs evil alignment x2 damage, a critical adds +1 only to multipliers.)
Parry: 1d20+13 = 16
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Gobblely, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby EBAH » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:44 pm


Date: 14 May, 345
Time: 0520.25
Environment: Partly cloudy, slight breeze from the east
Location: North of Hadrin's Cove


Near a cave
Silhouette and Troc stand for a moment, eyes locked. Troc's heavy breathing matched by Silhouette's soft and gentle breath. The orc continues his attacks. Swinging with heavy hands. Thanks to the effects from the whittling strikes. The orc's strike is easily parried. As Silhouette parries, she unleashes a flood of energy and manifests it into a mental disorder within the orc. Implanting strong desire. Silhouette uses herself as the focal point. Troc smiles widely, stands up straighter and puffs his chest. "Now I have an audience to see your downfall." Trco swings and again it is easily deflected. Having had enough, Silhouette strikes at the orc with her dagger. Surprisingly, Troc is able to deflect her first attempt. "See." Troc says mockingly as he attacks.

After the changeling blocks the orcs attack, she weaves a carpet of adhesion near the entrance of the cave. Her next couple of attacks land true, as she defends herself effortlessly. ** By the end, Troc lay dead on the ground. In the meantime, Tyral weaves a little of his own magic. Starting with the closet one, he increases the weight of their shirts on their back to several hundred pounds. The first orc is leaning over to pick up the claymore, when the effects of the spell take place. The orc immediately drops straight to the ground. Falling on the claymore, the orc starts to flail his arms and legs in an attempt to get to his feet.

One by one the other orcs are slammed into the ground, much in the same fashion as the first. When Troc falls with the last strike from Silhouette's dagger, there is only a lonely orc left standing. As the orc is running away, he makes a leap in an effort to traverse the sticky trap. Moving awkwardly as he flutters through the air. Landing hard, his feet stick to the ground. The carpet of adhesion grasping its feet. The orc's torso continuing with it's momentum. Accelerating it faster and slamming it down with a this. While the carpet holds it still, the orc twitches like a fly on flypaper.

Having pacified all the orcs, Tyral turns and starts to walk over to the nearest tree. He places himself at the base and prepares to recover his energy. Predat and Tatyana stands vigilant, making sure none of the orcs get out of hand. Getting a front row seat to the entertainment. **


[Occ=Tyral]You get a message from Brago that there are two interlopers to south of Tyral current position.[/ooc]

Just to the south

Lucifuge and Ramsis stand wondering what to do next. The two try and make out the correspondence of the shadowy figures. Lucifuge is able to make out that a couple of the figures are just standing there. **One of the figures is much taller than the others. Several of them drop to the ground.** As the both of them slowly notice a pair of yellow eyes staring through some bushes. they don't appear to be aggressive but they are focused on the two of them.

What are you next course of actions?


Butcher's Bill:
Pedat: -1 charge of Fly as Eagle
Silhouette: - 75 PPE, 46 ISP (6 minutes remaining)
Tatyana:
Tyral: -135 Tongues 20 minutes remaining PPE
EBAH
 

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:31 pm

Perception [74%]: 1d100 = 23
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 17
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 89

PPE: 100/235
WAND PPE: 00/50
SDC: 43/43
HP: 54/54

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [5 Days], Fly as the Eagle [58.00 Min, [50 MPH, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge, +2 Damage on Diving attack], Tongues [17.00 Minutes]




EBAH wrote:** ... In the meantime, Tyral weaves a little of his own magic. Starting with the closet one, he increases the weight of their shirts on their back to several hundred pounds. The first orc is leaning over to pick up the claymore, when the effects of the spell take place. The orc immediately drops straight to the ground. Falling on the claymore, the orc starts to flail his arms and legs in an attempt to get to his feet ... One by one the other orcs are slammed into the ground, much in the same fashion as the first ... Having pacified all the orcs, Tyral turns and starts to walk over to the nearest tree. He places himself at the base and prepares to recover his energy.**


Upon contact with Brago, Tyral opts to reach out to look through Brago's eyes. Assuming that the interlopers are not Orcs (OOC: i.e. if they are a 1-eyed Human and a Dwarf), the Wizard thinks a message to Brago, *It has been a long night my friend. The human has no obvious armor, and the Dwarf ... well neither seems to be rushing up here towards Silhouette's little battle. No bows, no traps, probably not hunters. If they start a charge, gut their horse ... For now let's have you speak to them, say: "There are Orcs in these Woods, and Faeries, and Wolves. You would do well to turn back or state your business fellows."*

The Wizard's eyes remain closed in the clearing to the North as he looks through Brago's eyes, but he will remark to Predat and Tatyana, "Brago has found 2 wandering the woods to the South. Give me a moment and we shall determine whether to eliminate ..."

========================
Brago and Minion-Wolves
"Minion_Wolves_(4)"
Minion Wolf:
80 lbs, SPD 50
Track by Smell 88%
Smell prey up to 1 Mile away
HP: 21
SDC: 28
PPE: 17
Monsters & Animals Pg 211
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 549
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Shen » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:09 am

Perception: 1d100 = 32/59%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 31
JIC (20): 1d20 = 16

Current Conditions: Nightvision 1000', See Aura, See the Invisible




EBAH wrote:
Date: 14 May, 345
Time: 0520.25
Environment: Partly cloudy, slight breeze from the east
Location: North of Hadrin's Cove


Just to the south

Lucifuge and Ramsis stand wondering what to do next. The two try and make out the correspondence of the shadowy figures. Lucifuge is able to make out that a couple of the figures are just standing there. **One of the figures is much taller than the others. Several of them drop to the ground.** As the both of them slowly notice a pair of yellow eyes staring through some bushes. they don't appear to be aggressive but they are focused on the two of them.

What are you next course of actions?


Doesn't look like I've got the time for any circles just yet.. thinks the Summoner as he notices the eyes watching him. He steadies Mara with a few words: "Steady girl... " as he stares back at the eyes, and moves his iron staff in front of himself, readying it for whatever might jump out at them.

Tyral wrote:Upon contact with Brago, Tyral opts to reach out to look through Brago's eyes. Assuming that the interlopers are not Orcs (OOC: i.e. if they are a 1-eyed Human and a Dwarf), the Wizard thinks a message to Brago, *It has been a long night my friend. The human has no obvious armor, and the Dwarf ... well neither seems to be rushing up here towards Silhouette's little battle. No bows, no traps, probably not hunters. If they start a charge, gut their horse ... For now let's have you speak to them, say: "There are Orcs in these Woods, and Faeries, and Wolves. You would do well to turn back or state your business fellows."*


Upon hearing, "There are Orcs in these Woods, and Faeries, and Wolves. You would do well to turn back or state your business fellows," coming from where the yellow eyes are, Lucifuge steels his grip.

"We are merely passing through on the way to assist some fellow travelers. We have no quarrel with you, whoever you are, and request safe passage," he replies in a steady, strong voice - not aggressively, but not in a pleading manner either.

Let's see if they're at least civilized... he thinks.

"Rams, snap out of it, buddy. Look alive!" he says in a low, but firm, voice to his Dwarf friend.
Shen, the Blind Mystic
Current Status
S.D.C.: 122/122
Hit Points: 53/53
P.P.E.: 117/117
I.S.P.: 201/201


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On
  • Chi Sight (default condition; any supernatural being, including Ghosts and Astral Travelers, within twenty feet (in any direction), will be noticed by the Blind Mystic. ANY being, supernatural or otherwise, will be sensed within 5')
  • Blind Mystic's Third Eye (can see supernatural beings and creatures of magic with clarity, and at longer range)
  • Sense Chi Movement (can sense the movement of bodies, including hands and feet, well enough to engage in close combat with no penalties, but only at that close range. Can also "see"/sense magic energies involved in spells being cast, or already in play)
  • Spirit Sight (I.D. any infernal or spirit creature by concentrating for a round)
  • Prophetic Dreams (will occasionally get prophetic dreams, or vivid dreams where they seem to "see" events transpiring at great distances away, warnings or visions from the gods, and glimpses of the future) - entirely DM dependent and outside of his control.
  • Radiate Nature (radiates his nature and intentions to some degree; any psychic will feel it up to 100 feet away and nonpsychics within 12 feet. Equivalent of a weak empathic transmission)
  • Sense Supernatural Evil and Psychic Energy (can detect the presence of supernatural evil and magic energy (P.P.E. used as a spell, in magic devices and large amounts in people; 80 or more points); constant and automatic, similar to Dog Boy's senses)

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +33%
Magic (varies): +10
Lethal Poison (14+): +8
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +8
Insanity (12+): +11
Psionics (as a Master Psionic, Shen needs 10+ to save): +7
Possession: +5
Demonic Curses: +3
Despair-based attacks: +2
Pain: +3
Horror Factor: +4 if HF is based on sounds, smells, and things he can see via Third Eye or feel via psionic abilities
Impervious to magic illusions and Horror Factor from things the character cannot see
Effectively immune to disease and fatigues at half the normal rate.
User avatar
Shen
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:05 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Ramsis » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:50 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 89/24%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 37
JIC (20): 1d20 = 4

Skills Used -
Languages: Dwarven / Gobbely 65% - 1d100 = 43

Proximo
Prowl 80%


Current Conditions: Nightvision 90 ft /
Proximo Night vision 60 ft




So shall it begin
Ramsis notices the horse is skitish. ”Proximo, go see what about.” He puts his friend on the ground. ’Dont be seen. Be careful. Run if you need to.” With that, he watches the spider disappear into the brush. Ramsis then draws his Berdiche and holds it at the ready in an obviously defensive stance. When the words come out of the darkness, Ram whispers a prayer to his mistress, quietly while his companion does the speaking. [size=85]”My lady. This humble servant beseeches you to send some help. A couple giant spider would help right now. Even if just to prove your superiority. My thanks and eternal love”

He acknowledges his friend’s firm comment with a ”We good.”

Prayer of Spider Summoning
The Priest calls spiders of a particular kind.
The spiders do not arrive immediately, but will travel in their normal fashion, and carefully. The number of spiders who arrive depend on the area; only those spiders who could travel to the priest in less than an hour will even attempt the journey; If giant spiders are requested, only 2D4 very large spiders, such as Giant Timber Spider,come .

Success Ratio: 25% / 1d100 = 53
User avatar
Ramsis
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:33 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:20 pm

Rolls_Carried wrote:Perception [74%]: Original post: 1d100 = 23
D20 JiC: Original post: 1d20 = 17
D100 JiC: Original post: 1d100 = 89


PPE: 100/235
WAND PPE: 00/50
SDC: 43/43
HP: 54/54

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [5 Days], Fly as the Eagle [58.00 Min, [50 MPH, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge, +2 Damage on Diving attack], Tongues [17.00 Minutes]





Lucifuge wrote:"We are merely passing through on the way to assist some fellow travelers. We have no quarrel with you, whoever you are, and request safe passage," he replies in a steady, strong voice - not aggressively, but not in a pleading manner either.

Ramsis wrote:”My lady. This humble servant beseeches you to send some help. A couple giant spider would help right now. Even if just to prove your superiority. My thanks and eternal love”


IF the foregoing statements occur: Still watching the newcomers remotely through Brago's eyes and ears, Tyral reaches out to Brago's mind again, *Interesting try saying this: "There are few travelers this way. A pack of Orcs has taken up residence in a Castle about 2 miles from here. Why come this way? You would do well to turn south. Hadrian's Cove is much safer."*

Clearing his own (human) throat speaking to those by the Cave, "They say they are on the way to assist some 'fellow travelers' ... Any suggestions?"

========================
Brago and Minion-Wolves
"Minion_Wolves_(4)"
Minion Wolf:
80 lbs, SPD 50
Track by Smell 88%
Smell prey up to 1 Mile away
HP: 21
SDC: 28
PPE: 17
Monsters & Animals Pg 211
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 549
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Predat » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:27 am

Perception: 1d100 = 23 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 47 1d20 = 3

Conditions: Sustain (5 days)

Pre moves stoically to each orc and slits their throat and cuts off each ones ears with his rune dagger, to anyone who is watching it'll look like he has done this hundreds of times. However, he won't step on the CoA. Stupid orcs, you should have found a better leader. He looks up as Tyral speaks, "Well invite them in. Probably more bounty hunters." As he slits the last orc's throat he says, "If they cause any problems we will just send them on their way." He checks the bodies for anything significant. If they are back at the camp he allows Hey Stupid to feast on the orc remains.

APM: 12
Init: 1d20+6 = 15

If Necessary:
Strike: 1d20+13 = 14 1d20+13 = 21 1d20+13 = 31 1d20+13 = 27 1d20+13 = 22 1d20+13 = 28 1d20+13 = 27 1d20+13 = 27 1d20+13 = 14 1d20+13 = 20 1d20+13 = 16 1d20+13 = 26

Damage (x3 for backstab if applicable): 4d6+27 = 42 4d6+27 = 40 4d6+27 = 45 4d6+27 = 44 4d6+27 = 43 4d6+27 = 35 4d6+27 = 40 4d6+27 = 38 4d6+27 = 41 4d6+27 = 41 4d6+27 = 38 4d6+27 = 36

Parry: 1d20+14 = 30 1d20+14 = 17 1d20+14 = 16 1d20+14 = 27 1d20+14 = 34 1d20+14 = 27 1d20+14 = 21 1d20+14 = 31 1d20+14 = 23 1d20+14 = 25 1d20+14 = 33 1d20+14 = 31
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 61 / 161


Armor: Panath's Vanity
OOC Comments
Legendary Enchanted Plate (full)
A.R.: 17
S.D.C.: 45 / 210
Helm ruined
Weight: under 1 oz.
Modifiers: Superior armor
Magic Features
  • Spell Abilities (3x daily): Fly as the Eagle
  • Weightless: Wearer suffers no movement or encumbrance penalties from armor.
  • Noiseless: Armor makes no sound; wearer suffers no penalty to prowl.
  • Fright Mask/Face-Plate: During combat, wearer can mentally activate the enchantment to animate the face-plate menacingly.
    • Intimidate: 80% or Horror Factor: 15 when activated.
    • When activated, always has the initiative in combat.
    • Opponents likely to view as the most dangerous and be attacked first or by greater numbers.
    • A psionic see aura will not note any significant impression.

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Silhouette » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:25 am

JIC 1d20 = 31d100 = 74
Perc: 68% / 1d100 = 16

Wiping the blood from her dagger on Troc's corpse before sheathing the blade Silhouette scoffs,"Yes, my downfall was indeed a failing of a kind... You did not do much for you or your kind either." Seeing the other orcs pinned under the weight of Tyral's magic she pinches the bridge of her nose before grinding a thumb against her forehead repeating her words under hear breath,"Did not do much at all." Feeling confusion she wonders why they feel so driven to throw their lives away like a starving dog nipping at a field stud. Picking up her magic skull and stowing it in her backpack she wonders back and forth looking from orc to orc before stopping to stare down at Troc.

Tyral:
Tyral wrote:"Brago has found two wandering the woods to the South. Give me a moment and we shall determine whether to eliminate ..." Following a few moments later,"They say they are on the way to assist some 'fellow travelers' ... Any suggestions?"


As Predat moves to the first orc Sil almost raises argument, but she felt despondent and at a loss for an alternative. None sued for an alternative which bespoke that they would return to the castle if released. It was why they were here as she thought,"Invading orcs. Not the refugee. Not a people looking for peace. Raiders..." Turning she starts kicking Troc's body more furiously with each blow saying over and over,"Stupid, stupid, stupid!" Taking out her frustration at the orc and for her own nativity until a frantic flailing ends in her falling onto her rump breathing more heavily now than the actual fight with him.

Silhouette barely notes Predat's answer to bring the strangers as he is dispatching orcs. She felt tired. She was tired she realizes. Pausing she stifles a yawn as she looks out the cave tapping her foot feeling the numbness from beating Troc's body. Picking up Troc's claymore she walks to the entrance of the cave leaning on the blade point down against the opening for these new arrivals to show saying,"Better be bringing breakfast..." But she wasn't hungry, feeling worn of her sensibilities to reason with noisy people any further this day, she just wants to go rest.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Gobblely, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby EBAH » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:09 pm


Date: 14 May, 345
Time: 0525
Environment: Partly cloudy, slight breeze from the east
Location: North of Hadrin's Cove


Near a cave
Predat strolls around and ends the life of each orc laying on the ground. As he moves from orc to orc, he gathers the orc's ears. Liberating them from their resting place. Silhouette wipes her blade clean and scoffs at the fallen Troc. Tyral sits at his tree and watches vigilantly through brago's eyes. Tatyana remains silent and ever watching. Silhouette walks over and picks up her belongings from off the ground. As Predat search of the bodies turns up nothing, Tyal informs the group of their potential threats or bystander. As he is sitting there and pigeon lands on his lap. After a short m.j moment disappears into nothingness.

Just to the south
The eyes state a brief moment before blinking. A grizzled voice imminates from the same spot. "There are Orcs in these Woods, and Faeries, and Wolves. You would do well to turn back or state your business fellows."Lucifuge tries to gesture to staring eyes that they are peaceful. "We are merely passing through on the way to assist some fellow travelers. We have no quarrel with you, whoever you are, and request safe passage," Ramsis grips his weapons while me mutters a prayer. Asking for assistance in the forms of spiders.

Brago slowly takes a few steps forward. The hairs on his back, slowly flaying back down. It's eyes not as piercing but still focused. The timberwolf's voice direct and to the point. "There are few travelers this way. A pack of Orcs has taken up residence in a Castle about 2 miles from here. Why come this way? You would do well to turn south. Hadrian's Cove is much safer." The wolf looks blankly at the circle mage.

The culmination of two
A little bit of banter back and forth, it's determined the the two newcomers are at least not hostile. Brago leads the two back to Tyral and the others. As the pair walk up the com Yoon a bloody scene. Serval orcs lay on the ground, one being eaten by a ssilonar.A wolfen stands off to the side. An Eandroth and human are seen walking around checking things on the ground. While an elf sits resting at the base of a tree.

Tyral,Lucifuge and Ramsis
You all assume that Lucifuge and Ramsis are on business from Llorn and the brotherhood. For Tyal the pigeon delivered new of aid and that orcs seem to be responsible for the communication problems.

*Update*
OOC Comments
As Lucifuge and the rest of the group exchange information and the notes he received to be delivered, Lucifuge excuses himself. He informs them that he just remembered he has a time sensitive matter to attend to back a Hadrian's Cove. He apologies for any confusion and depats back to the city.

What are you next course of actions?

Butcher's Bill:
Pedat: -1 charge of Fly as Eagle
Silhouette: - 75 PPE, 46 ISP (6 minutes remaining)
Tatyana:
Tyral: -135 Tongues 20 minutes remaining PPE
EBAH
 

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:18 pm

Perception [74%]: 1d100 = 80
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 11
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 9

PPE: 100/235
WAND PPE: 00/50
SDC: 43/43
HP: 54/54

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [5 Days], Fly as the Eagle [53.00 Min, [50 MPH, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge, +2 Damage on Diving attack], Tongues [12.00 Minutes]




EBAH wrote:A little bit of banter back and forth, it's determined the the two newcomers are at least not hostile. Brago leads the two back to Tyral and the others. As the pair walk up the come upon a bloody scene. Several orcs lay on the ground, one being eaten by a silonar. A wolfen stands off to the side. An Eandroth and human are seen walking around checking things on the ground. While an elf sits resting at the base of a tree ... You all assume that Lucifuge and Ramsis are on business from Llorn and the brotherhood. For Tyral the Magic-pigeon delivered news of aid and that orcs seem to be responsible for the communication problems.

... As Lucifuge and the rest of the group exchange information and the notes he received to be delivered, Lucifuge excuses himself. He informs them that he just remembered he has a time sensitive matter to attend to back a Hadrian's Cove. He apologies for any confusion and depats back to the city.


As the Summoner mounts up and rides off back south to Hadrian's Cove, Tyral looks over the note delivered and the 'help' in the form of a minor new addition (Ramses), *A dwarf, of course it would be a dwarf ... Why would the Brotherhood send me someone who cannot use Magic? <sigh> ... Well he has some heavy-looking armor there, and the big axe-looking thing. Some kind of mercenary? Perhaps he has familiarity with this Castle ... *

He floats (using flight) back up to a standing position and over to the newly arrived dwarf "Well met sir. What is your name? And what has brought you out this way? Are you a Soldier? Ranger?"

*** Assuming Ramses gives that name, the Wizard responds, "Ah, well, nice to meet you Ramses ... In all honesty, some of us have been up all night ... so I am about ready to turn in for a few hours. Do not mind the wolves, they will not hurt you unless you attack them ... ... According to our most recent guests ... there are between 1-2 dozen Orcs up at the Castle. A leader named Or'kall may have additional information on why Llorn is suffering from some kind of illusory blockade that has miraculously stopped all trade on the Grand Canal and may be tipping Llorn to famine, he turns to address everyone (Predat, Sil, Tat), My thought is that we should clear out the castle tonight, maybe around or after midnight. Get a couple hours sleep in, and think over the approach we want to take ... maybe watch to make sure no large contingents ride in to reinforce while we are not looking ... I must get a bit of rest.

He will then glide back into the cave with Brago padding along at his heels to open the Note from the Brotherhood. If there is anything useful in it he will advise the others, if not he will tuck it into his bag and go to sleep for ~2.5 hours. When he wakes, Tyral will confirm that nothing has visibly changed at the Castle then ask the others how they are doing.

OOC: Tyral will otherwise plan to pull PPE off the wolves to re-charge its battery capacity [+50], and then Meditate for ~13 hours to get back to full and be ready to assault the castle (this should also allow the Wolves and Tyral to to recover their PPE).

========================
Brago and Minion-Wolves
"Minion_Wolves_(4)"
Minion Wolf:
80 lbs, SPD 50
Track by Smell 88%
Smell prey up to 1 Mile away
HP: 21
SDC: 28
PPE: 17
Monsters & Animals Pg 211
Last edited by Tyral on Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 549
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Predat » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:30 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 38 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 42 1d20 = 10

Conditions: Sustain (5 days)

Pre cleans the orc blood off his dagger and moves towards the dwarf named Ramsis. Pre smiles, Good, someone shorter than me. He nods to Tyral, "Yes, let's get some shuteye and deal with the castle after the sun sets tomorrow. I suggest Sil and I go over the wall quietly and start taking out orcs. The rest of you maintain a vigil overhead and act as backup, while watching our backside. Sil can use her abilities to find the leader. We all interrogate him, kill him, burn the bodies and move on. Let's keep it simple, these are just orcs." Pre waits for any other ideas or refinements. He let's Hey Stupid eat its fill of orc meat. However this whole time he is sizing up this dwarf.

Interrogation Techniques - 1d100 = 13 / 82% (to see if Ramsis speaks the truth)
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 61 / 161


Armor: Panath's Vanity
OOC Comments
Legendary Enchanted Plate (full)
A.R.: 17
S.D.C.: 45 / 210
Helm ruined
Weight: under 1 oz.
Modifiers: Superior armor
Magic Features
  • Spell Abilities (3x daily): Fly as the Eagle
  • Weightless: Wearer suffers no movement or encumbrance penalties from armor.
  • Noiseless: Armor makes no sound; wearer suffers no penalty to prowl.
  • Fright Mask/Face-Plate: During combat, wearer can mentally activate the enchantment to animate the face-plate menacingly.
    • Intimidate: 80% or Horror Factor: 15 when activated.
    • When activated, always has the initiative in combat.
    • Opponents likely to view as the most dangerous and be attacked first or by greater numbers.
    • A psionic see aura will not note any significant impression.

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy Adventures

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests