Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Only adventured-related threads are found here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Ramsis » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:46 am

Perception [24%]: 1d100 = 59
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 2
D100 JiC: [dice]1d10/dice]

PPE: 84/84
SDC: 23/23
HP: 36/36




Ramsis stands there looking from the quickly moving Luci, to the wolf, and back to Luci. ” Where in Tark’s name is he going?”[‘/i] He then uses his bardiche as a pole and leans comfortably while the elf, Tyral??, skims the note. [i]” This is an odd group. I can't see why Tark has sent me here, but I will wait to see what they say.” Ramsis then stands up straight as the elf floats back over.


[quote=” Tyral”] He floats (using flight) back up to a standing position and over to the newly arrived dwarf "Well met sir. What is your name? And what has brought you out this way? Are you a Soldier? Ranger? ... "[/quote]

Ramsis smiles and stifles a giggle at the question. ” It is Ramsis. My lady Tark has given me a sign to come and speak with you, Then my friend *motions at the departing Luci* told me about a job that may be available. I am a priest in the service of Tark, Mistress of spiders.” He continues to listen as Tyral discusses his thoughts. At the mention of the others resting, Ramsis speaks up. ” I will stay and keep watch while you rest if you like. We *motions with his chin to Proximo* are good. We are pretty well-rested.”




Ramsis then looks at the others. ” Ramsis, Servant of the lady Tark, at your service.” As he does a deep bow, Proximo climbs upon his back. ” That is Proximo. He is my companion.” When he straightens up, Proximo jumps to the ground beside Ramsis. He will wait for any introductions before moving off to find a spot to make a spot for his watch.

Using the same tree that Tyral just moved from, Ramsis will set up his bedroll, so he can sit and lean back. With a look as he places his bardiche against the tree, ” Proximo, Go keep watch up there. I am gonna prepare as much as I can.” As his friend scurries up the tree, Ramsis sits and leans back. ’ What the frak am I doing? hehe” He smiles and gives his head a shake. Getting to his knees, he removes his pack and odd-looking crossbow, laying them down beside him. With a simple readjust of his pick, he settles back against the tree. Sitting cross-legged, with his pick across his legs, he waits. While he waits and watches he tries to think of what to do.
User avatar
Ramsis
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:33 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:09 pm

Rolls Carried Forward
Ramsis wrote:Ramsis smiles and stifles a giggle at the question. ” It is Ramsis. My lady Tark has given me a sign to come and speak with you, Then my friend *motions at the departing Luci* told me about a job that may be available. I am a priest in the service of Tark, Mistress of spiders ... I will stay and keep watch while you rest if you like. We *motions with his chin to Proximo* are good. We are pretty well-rested.”


*A priest of Tark? A Southern goddess right? ... Curious. Perhaps Silhouette knows more of her.*

"Well met Ramsis ... You want the first Watch, it's all yours. The Wolves will not harm you." The Wizard draws his spy-glass and hands it to the short newcomer, "This will enable you to see the Castle from great range. Keep an eye out and we will discuss in a few hours ...
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby EBAH » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:44 pm


Date: 14 May, 345
Time: 1930
Environment: Clear and calm
Location: North of Hadrin's Cove


Near a cave
Predat finishes cleaning his dagger before replacing it back in it's sheath. He slowly moves himself closer to where the others are gathered. Giving Tyral a nod, he puts forth his calculated opinion on how to deal with these simple orcs. As he waits for any input from the others, he watches intently on the dwarf priest. Predat is checking his body language and other signs of deceit or being mendacious. From what Predat can tell, Ramsis speaks truthfully.

Tyral engages the dwarf first. Stepping forward to be the group's mouthpiece. The two converse for a couple of minutes before coming to an agreeable arrangement. Ramsis and his little friend, Proximo, will take the first watch. Of course, Brago and Tyral's little wolf pack will help out. The group gets settled and waits for nightfall.

The day comes and goes with little excitement. Several times the wolves can be heard in the distance. Leadinding the orcs in circles and away from the encampment. Tatyan and Silhouette both volunteer to fill the rest of watch shifts. Tyral spends most of the time meditating and restoring his personal energies. Predat tends to his Silonar, mostly. While Tatyana and Silhouette remain silent, keeping to themselves and their thoughts. Though Silhouette does clean up the orcs. Preparing them as if she was going to give them a proper burial. She takes a nap after her watch has been completed.

The light begins to fade as the sun sets. An eire silent calms the forest. The moon and stars shining bright with the absence of clouds. As the group gathers to discuss the night's agenda, Brago and the other wolves emerge from the shadows. In a low voice Brago speaks. "The orcs seem restless tonight. Something gots them on edge. Be wary."

What are you next course of actions?

Ramsis and Silhouette will take a 5 hr watch. Tatyana will take a 4 hr watch

Butcher's Bill:
Pedat:
Silhouette: - 45 PPE, - 32 ISP
Tatyana:
Tyral: -15 PPE

Spell Casters
Tyral 10 hrs of meditation 1 hrs or rest/sleep. 120 PPE restored
Silhouette 7 hrs of rest/sleep 35 PPE and 14 ISP recovered
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1100
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Silhouette » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:02 pm

JIC: 1d120 = 115 1d100 = 1
Perc: 63% / 1d100 = 38

Predat wrote:I suggest Sil and I go over the wall quietly and start taking out orcs. The rest of you maintain a vigil overhead and act as backup, while watching our backside. Sil can use her abilities to find the leader. We all interrogate him, kill him, burn the bodies and move on. Let's keep it simple, these are just orcs.


Silhouette bites her lip at that with a minuscule shake of her head. Indecisively she stands listening before rigidly turning her head away thinking,"Just orcs. Like just humans. Or just a changeling..." Breathing in and out slowly with a huff she answers briskly,"Fine, when the sun goes down Pre, we go in together." A moment passes before her body slacks in resignation as she notes ,"But we won't have to search hard for the leader. After Troc we just have to find the stupidest one."

Returning to leaning on the aforementioned Troc's death abandoned sword, Silhouette nods from nearly half again higher than the dwarf as he approaches and introduces himself. Flicking her eyes to the spider she tries to focus on the dwarf, but the creature invariably draws her eye,"I'm Silhouette, uh..." Eyes still fixed on the spider as she leans down extending a hesitant hand as if to a dog that may bite as she absently says thoughtful to the Priest's introduction she adds,"Faithful of Aco."

----

After moving the weighty body's of the orcs to a better place for later disposal Silhouette sits near the dwarf contemplative of his introduction. Her expression turns to puzzlement as she addresses him while they sit on watch listening to the wolves in the distance and waking of the fauna to the dawning day,"Tark? I always thought that was a curse used for beggars down south..." The name touches a recollection, but it felt as if the jungles of Yin-Sloth were so long ago in her life in measures of time if not distance as she asks,"Where are you from again?"

Tilting her head at the spider Sil pulls her gloves off and cups her hands out for Proximo while asking,"Erm, Ramis?" Questioning if she can hold the spider by her expression Silhouette adds as if that absolves all,"My hands are warm."

(Ebah If you'll allow this addendum)
In the meantime on watch Sil meditates for a portion of four hours she is not in discourse with the newcomer Ramsis: +24 ISP and 40 PPE to be included with 7hr Sleep.

In the evening Silhouette prepares checking her weapons and bow, expecting the worst after Brago's message that the orcs are unsettled. Approaching Predat she inquires,"What do you want to do? Sneak as far as we can...silencing orcs? Seems like we will wake them up eventually." Shrugging she fidgets drawing and sheathing the top of her sword periodically after drawing it partially from the scabbard,"Lets find out why they are buzzing in their hive before anything else?"
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Gobblely, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Predat » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:27 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 45 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 27 1d20 = 16

Conditions: Sustain (5 days)

Pre says to the new guy, "Welcome, name is Pre. We are gonna sack a castle in the morning, so I'm going to get some sleep." He just nods to Sil, "You're probably not wrong, but he did get himself a castle." Pre racks out after he sees that Sil is staying up with the new guy. No way a new guy is standing a watch by himself tonight, wolves or no wolves.

In the morning he gets up, stretches, and does a few assassin katas to warm up. To Sil, "Yes we just quietly go over the wall near the back and carefully move forward killing Orcs as smoothly as we can. if there is just one, let me handle it, if two, try to keep the other one quiet while I deal with his buddy, unless you think you can take him in one strike. Can you keep in touch with Tyral, who will be in the air? He could lead us through the outside of the castle. We will likely trip the alarm sooner or later, at that point everyone charges in. Hopefully by that point we have identified the leader. and can capture him. Sometimes simple is the easy way." Pre looks around, "any other ideas or tweaks to the plan?"
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 161 / 161


Armor: Panath's Vanity
OOC Comments
Legendary Enchanted Plate (full)
A.R.: 17
S.D.C.: 210
Weight: under 1 oz.
Modifiers: Superior armor
Magic Features
  • Spell Abilities (3x daily): Fly as the Eagle
  • Weightless: Wearer suffers no movement or encumbrance penalties from armor.
  • Noiseless: Armor makes no sound; wearer suffers no penalty to prowl.
  • Fright Mask/Face-Plate: During combat, wearer can mentally activate the enchantment to animate the face-plate menacingly.
    • Intimidate: 80% or Horror Factor: 15 when activated.
    • When activated, always has the initiative in combat.
    • Opponents likely to view as the most dangerous and be attacked first or by greater numbers.
    • A psionic see aura will not note any significant impression.

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:05 pm

OOC: Estimating Sunset of ~8pm based on https://www.sunrise-and-sunset.com/en/s ... 020/may/16 ... which means we will still have another 4.5 hours to Midnight.

Perception [74%]: 1d100 = 29
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 12
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 13

PPE: 220/235
WAND PPE: 50/50
SDC: 43/43
HP: 54/54

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [4 Days]




Rousing himself from restful meditation, Tyral opens his eyes slowly to accomodate the light changes within the Cave before walking over to the entrance. There he sees that someone has laid out the Orcs as though for burial, an effort the Wizard regards as wasted. *At minimum, we should let the Wolves feed, well if they want to ... Orc may leave a bad taste, and it is not like nature is likely to provide a long-simmered brandywine sauce with peppercorns or the like ... The best use of them may be for mental warfare though ... teleport the bodies up to 100ft above the walls and let them fall into the courtyard. That would put them on edge, or drop them 200ft out in front of the front gate ... let those on the walls make a decision between watching them rot out in front of the castle, or leaving their walls to retrieve them ... or I could begin dropping the swords and spears from the patrol on them from the sky*

The Wizard casually approaches Ramsis and points over to a stack of gear taken from the Orcs before questioning, "If you need anything, please feel free to help yourself. If it smells funny, I can cast a cleansing spell on it, but it may help to smell like them for a fight like this night's hehehe ... "

Predat wrote:To Sil, "Yes we just quietly go over the wall near the back and carefully move forward killing Orcs as smoothly as we can. if there is just one, let me handle it, if two, try to keep the other one quiet while I deal with his buddy, unless you think you can take him in one strike. Can you keep in touch with Tyral, who will be in the air? He could lead us through the outside of the castle. We will likely trip the alarm sooner or later, at that point everyone charges in. Hopefully by that point we have identified the leader. and can capture him. Sometimes simple is the easy way." Pre looks around, "any other ideas or tweaks to the plan?"


Nodding somewhat reluctantly Tyral accedes to the Eandroth's request, "If we are anticipating Midnight, then we would leave in about 4 hours or so ... I will fly overhead and provide guidance. I will endeavor to drop sleep clouds and otherwise immobilizing agents onto the Orcs to keep them from concentrating their numbers too heavily. Ramsis here can drop in to assist in close quarters attacks if your stealth attempts fail. If necessary, I will go ahead and create a Magic Warrior to flank and attack from the far side, or start tossing lightning around ... " He leans over towards Ramsis for a moment, "I am going to propose drawing some of your mystic energy from your reserve so that I can cast a flight spell on you. A full strength spell will last just over 3 hours which should be more than long enough to get through tonight's action or to get you into the sky for a retreat in the very unlikely event that it is needed ..." then turns to Tatyana [NPC], "I am going to propose you guard the Camp and make sure we have a safe location to fall-back to in the event of emergency, I also suggest it may be good for you to contribute some of your mystic energies so I can hit all our members while leaving you ample stores ... " Barring objections, Tyral will once more begin meditating so that he is at full strength before time to depart.

[OOC: This proposes -25 PPE to Ramsis for 200 Minutes of Flight [Fly as the Eagle [200.00 Min, [50 MPH, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge, +2 Damage on Diving attack]], and -50 PPE to Tatyana if she fails to post which will be used to cover flight spells for Predat and Silhouette. Tyral will cover the 50 PPE for himself and Brago. He will cast Invisibility: Simple (6 P.P.E., 30.00 Min) on anyone who needs it for the approach]

Before lifting off at midnight, the Wizard will summon back all the minion wolves so that he can access their PPE. He then dispatches them to head West and avoid trouble until morning (OOC: tomorrow should be the end of the Wolves' time under his control, so they will find themselves far away and probably quite safe when the spell wears off).


========================
Brago and Minion-Wolves
"Minion_Wolves_(4)"
Minion Wolf:
80 lbs, SPD 50
Track by Smell 88%
Smell prey up to 1 Mile away
HP: 21
SDC: 28
PPE: 17
Monsters & Animals Pg 211
Last edited by Tyral on Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Ramsis » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:54 am

Perception [24%]: 1d100 = 69
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 15
D100 JiC: [dice]1d10/dice]

PPE: 84/84
SDC: 23/23
HP: 36/36

Skills Used -
Languages: Dwarven / Gobbely 65% - [dice]1d100[/dice]
Metal working (Special): 55% - 1d100 = 8 - visual inspection of orc weapons


Proximo
Prowl 80%


Current Conditions:
Ramsis - Nightvision 90 ft
Proximo - Night vision 60 ft




Ramsis accepts the spyglass with a nod. ’Thank you, wizard.” He holds the spyglass and examines it with an expert eye. ”This is a neat little toy. I wonder how it works?”[/b] He stops fidgeting as Pre and Sil introduce themselves. ”Well met to the both of ya. I am Ramsis, servant of the mistress Tark.” He watches Sil and her fascination with Proximo. ”He don't bite. Ask him if you want to touch him. He is my familiar, not my slave. I think he will allow it, thu.” Ramsis looks at Proximo [i]”You can allow it. They want our help clearing some orcs out of a castle. So that makes her our teammate, so play nice.”

As they sit, Sil asks her question. Ramsis looks away and back to the fire. ”I am a foundling. Raised in the Yin-Sloth area. I was nothing to nobody until i was taken in by the priests of Tark. They taught me and rasied me. I in turn decided to travel and spread her name to all corners.” There is a flare in his eyes at Sil’s mention of the curse. ’THAT is the image i am trying to break. Tark is a good and wise goddess to those who respect her. Those that do not...welll..” He leaves then rest unsaid.

Watching the others prepare, Ramsis decides he should follow suit. ”This is my first castle siege. How can I help?” He checks his gear, making sure everything is easy to get to if need. He then goes to the loot pile and selects the two 1h axes. ”These i can throw. Gotta save rocks for the big fight.”
With a nod, he gets up and moves to spot to watch the castle. Close to listen to the conversation, but a decent view.




Ramsis gets up early and starts his day. First he gets up and cleans himself as best he can then dresses and armors up. Then with a quick prayer to Tark, heads out to see the others.

Ramsis puts his hand up when Pre asks about other ideas. ’My mistress has granted me the ability to make the dead do as i ask. Useful when cleaning up battle sights. Maybe that could be use here? I can also ask Tark for a few spiders to help.’ He will sit back and wait for responses as he thinks on how he can help.

Ramsis nods as the elf speaks. ”Wonder why gramps hated them so much? This one seems decent and smart enough. He treats me a damn sight better than those stinkin kobolds did back at home.” He nods as Tyral mentions using Ram’s magic to help him fly. ”Go fo it. What do i need to do?”
User avatar
Ramsis
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:33 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:11 pm

Tyral wrote:Perception [74%]: Original post: 1d100 = 29
D20 JiC: Original post: 1d20 = 12
D100 JiC: Original post: 1d100 = 13


PPE: 220/235
WAND PPE: 50/50
SDC: 43/43
HP: 54/54

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [4 Days]




Ramsis wrote:Ramsis puts his hand up when Pre asks about other ideas. ’My mistress has granted me the ability to make the dead do as i ask. Useful when cleaning up battle sights. Maybe that could be use here? I can also ask Tark for a few spiders to help.’ He will sit back and wait for responses as he thinks on how he can help.


Tyral's eyes stop short of frowning and he looks thoughtful for a moment, *First Silhouette, now a little dwarven priest ... everyone wants to mess with the dead. I do not really love it ... but it worked fairly well last night. And I suppose it would be terrifying for the Orcs in the Castle to see Predat kill their fellows only to watch them rise and 'have his back' ... Perhaps I am just too old fashioned in my perception. Now this guy has the 1 pretty decent sized spider, that thing could give a cat a fit. Most folks who have not travelled too ... but I doubt spiders would be very useful here ... I suppose it depends on if his Mistress creates spiders right next to him like when Vortigern summoned Gargoyles, or if they have to come from the area like when I summon wolves. If they are from the area, I do not really know how many hours it would take for things with such small legs to actually arrive here, or over at a castle 2 miles away ...*

OOC: Tyral is wrong, but I am erring on the side of him being able to grow into more respect when he sees spiders be useful.

A muted shrug brings agreement, "Well, if you want to have the dead rise up and follow after Predat, probably terrifying ... just keep them quiet. Our friendly neighborhood Wastelands-Assassin ... "(points at Predat) "may be extremely annoyed if something he just snuck up on and killed, promptly gave away the element of surprise post-mortum by being too loud."

Ramsis wrote:Ramsis nods as the elf speaks. ”Wonder why gramps hated them so much? This one seems decent and smart enough. He treats me a damn sight better than those stinkin kobolds did back at home.” He nods as Tyral mentions using Ram’s magic to help him fly. ”Go fo[r] it. What do i need to do?”


Tyral offers a reserved smile at the little fellow who is now sporting 4 different types of axes (and picks), "Not much for now. Tonight as we assemble to lift off, I will come over and draw the energy. I believe you have some experience with casting spells ... you will feel essentially the same tug as though your reserves are being drained a bit. Just do not pull back and resist it. I will draw exactly enough to cover the spells being cast on you, no more. Those I expect will be flight, and Chameleon or Invisibility ... if you want mystic armor [Armor of Ithan] I can add that as well. The choice is yours but it only lasts around 10 minutes. That spell is simply not as long lasting as Flight. Then we just follow Predat ... he may be difficult to track but eventually you will start seeing bodies fall like grass before the wind. That's him."


========================
Brago and Minion-Wolves
"Minion_Wolves_(4)"
Minion Wolf:
80 lbs, SPD 50
Track by Smell 88%
Smell prey up to 1 Mile away
HP: 21
SDC: 28
PPE: 17
Monsters & Animals Pg 211
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Silhouette » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:07 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 81d100 = 84
Perc: 63% / 1d100 = 36


Predat wrote:""You're probably not wrong, but he did get himself a castle."


In the morning Silhouette starts their conversation again as if nothing in between as she tips her head forward giving the lizard eyes from under her brow saying in Eastern,"As it may be that the orc has a castle..." Pausing she wonders,"That is the phrase, right?" Clearing her throat as she continues after Predat gives the plan,"Isn't that the same as my plan?" Her face quirks in disbelief as she slowly nods,"I mean, I didn't mention some of it, but didn't you get all..." In a grumbling voice mimicking Predat she says,"Stay out of my head or else!" Returning to her own tuneful voice she continues,"And tried to send some images my way. Sure, piss off the elf who bitches about it like yelling at a blacksmith's hammer for making noise. A tool has side effects, but sure if you say piss off Tyral, I haven't minded so far!"

Shrugging Silhouette nods finally,"Yes, but I'll be in your head too and can tell you which is the strongest. I'll handle the lesser." If Pre goes to argue about telepathy she will stare him down saying,"You can not have a blade the way you want it without a noisy blacksmith."


Tyral wrote:. If it smells funny, I can cast a cleansing spell on it, but it may help to smell like them for a fight like this night's hehehe ... "


Silhouette eyes the bodies a long moment before slowly uttering a sibilant,"Yessss." Then blanching she says quietly,"Ah, no." Rolling her eyes Silhouette says,"Damn it Tyral, that is a horrible, horrible idea that we can't put down." Walking over to the bodies she stares at them with dead eyes as she says to Predat,"We have to wear their armor. Oh! No, their clothes under it. Four hours eh? That's enough time." Going to her knees Silhouette starts peeling armor off the orcs bodies finding every bit of cloth or leather armor they are wearing and putting it aside except for their small clothes.

Shaking her head she talks to herself as much as anyone else,"We match up what fits and we can muddy our smells. The more we smell like them the more normal they will think things are. And any blood just helps." Hopping on her heels walking in a crouch she now seems excited as she moves from body to body finding pieces to work with saying,"I mean, what orc living a hard life wouldn't smell like blood."

Pensively silhouette muses to herself as she goes still thinking,"Too bad we didn't take the wolf body with us that would work here as well for their wolf hunting!" Turning to look around herself as her plan is laid out she looks up at Predat,"Hmmm, short and stocky. Very orc-like." Reaching out she grabs a shirt and pants and something to wrap around the top of his head for sweat all the while nodding,"Yes, this can work."

Standing she smiles at Predat,"Don't worry. Once we are inside you'll have orc blood you earned on you anyway!" Sighing Silhouette holds up a shirt for Predat as if fitting him for it,"I think this is your color!"


Ramsis wrote: ”I am a foundling. Raised in the Yin-Sloth area. I was nothing to nobody until i was taken in by the priests of Tark. They taught me and rasied me. I in turn decided to travel and spread her name to all corners.” There is a flare in his eyes at Sil’s mention of the curse. ’THAT is the image i am trying to break. Tark is a good and wise goddess to those who respect her. Those that do not...welll..” He leaves then rest unsaid.


At the first words Silhouette goes pale filling the silence of her mind with a blank question in thought,"Foundling? Ah, is that what I would call myself too?" Though it was not that which gave her pause, but Yin-Sloth. Her mind starts turning as she try's to recall if Tark had anything to do with the Old Ones or cults or if her father had ever once raised ire with the god's people. A long blank strand of thought follows with no answers. Lifting her head as if she heard a question Silhouette answers,"Ah, um, good." She didn't know what she was answering for exactly as she tilts her head lips drawing a tight line on her face.

Trying to sound light, but likely failing as her voice strains,"How does your wise goddess parlay with Old Ones? Does she have coin on their return?" "In her question she wishes though that before she had read the dwarves mind for the answer. The choice was always on the table though if he made her suspect."


Ramsis wrote:Ramsis puts his hand up when Pre asks about other ideas. ’My mistress has granted me the ability to make the dead do as i ask. Useful when cleaning up battle sights. Maybe that could be use here? I can also ask Tark for a few spiders to help.’ He will sit back and wait for responses as he thinks on how he can help.


Clapping her hands Silhouette eyes Tyral,"Oh good, I won't have to make Tyral give me his energy to do one of his plans again!" Nodding sharply Silhouette says,"After Pre and I go in, you can walk them to near the gate, then have them collapse sitting as if exhausted. Might bring them to open the gate if you're lucky! If not, do what you think best?" Smiling Silhouette adds,"Spiders! Yes!" Looking to Proxmo she approaches and strokes lightly down the creatures back like she had the night before playing with the creature just before giving it a boop on a foreleg,"Yes to spiders."


Tyral wrote:Then we just follow Predat ... he may be difficult to track but eventually you will start seeing bodies fall like grass before the wind. That's him."


Silhouette just glances up a moment as she's working out the clothing concerns with a half smile thinking to herself,"Yes, just because I beat down some stupid humans in rags, please do focus on the scary green mons..." Pausing her own thought she corrects herself,"Scary green guy." She respects and certainly fears the man's strength, but he wasn't that bad in her mind,"Was he?" Thoughtful she does consider,"Well, he did wait for her to try to make something of the orcs before killing them all..." Her opinion of orcs in general wasn't less this endeavor, but certainly not worse than humans still, however stubborn and perhaps stupid was higher on the list in competition.

Sewing -- 62% / 1d100 = 87(To fix anything up that needs it to help fit, not perfect, just good.)
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Gobblely, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:48 am

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD

Silhouette wrote:In the morning Silhouette starts their conversation again as if nothing in between as she tips her head forward giving the lizard eyes from under her brow saying in Eastern,"As it may be that the orc has a castle..." Pausing she wonders,"That is the phrase, right?" Clearing her throat as she continues after Predat gives the plan,"Isn't that the same as my plan?" Her face quirks in disbelief as she slowly nods,"I mean, I didn't mention some of it, but didn't you get all..." In a grumbling voice mimicking Predat she says,"Stay out of my head or else!" Returning to her own tuneful voice she continues,"And tried to send some images my way. Sure, piss off the elf who bitches about it like yelling at a blacksmith's hammer for making noise. A tool has side effects, but sure if you say piss off Tyral, I haven't minded so far!"

Shrugging Silhouette nods finally,"Yes, but I'll be in your head too and can tell you which is the strongest. I'll handle the lesser." If Pre goes to argue about telepathy she will stare him down saying,"You can not have a blade the way you want it without a noisy blacksmith."


Tyral cocks an eyebrow at the ever-talkative-teenager, "I agreed to allow you to mentally contact me during this Castle -assault this morning ... My largest concern is that Human-Teenagers are not universally well known for their judgment or self-restraint. I do not need to hear random commentary from you while I am trying to focus and cast spells that affect a battlefield. Nor is it permissible to dig around in my head for thoughts or memories that are Mine. This is not negotiable, it is not me being oversensitive or complaining about the process of a hammer making noise. The art of weaving a spell is something you know is difficult, do not mistake my expertise for immunity to random mental assault or distraction ... to borrow your metaphor, it is like threading a needle while a hammer is trying to strike that needle like a nail ... "


Silhouette wrote:Silhouette eyes the bodies a long moment before slowly uttering a sibilant,"Yessss." Then blanching she says quietly,"Ah, no." Rolling her eyes Silhouette says,"Damn it Tyral, that is a horrible, horrible idea that we can't put down." Walking over to the bodies she stares at them with dead eyes as she says to Predat,"We have to wear their armor. Oh! No, their clothes under it. Four hours eh? That's enough time." Going to her knees Silhouette starts peeling armor off the orcs bodies finding every bit of cloth or leather armor they are wearing and putting it aside except for their small clothes.

Shaking her head she talks to herself as much as anyone else,"We match up what fits and we can muddy our smells. The more we smell like them the more normal they will think things are. And any blood just helps." Hopping on her heels walking in a crouch she now seems excited as she moves from body to body finding pieces to work with saying,"I mean, what orc living a hard life wouldn't smell like blood."


Tyral looks skeptically at Silhouette, "Tried that on the flyover last night remember? With the other stuff? ... You can drape yourselves in their scent if you want, but it seems less likely that a sniff will give you away than a scream. That said, my scent should hardly be detectible from 6 stories (60') above the Orcs and if it was detectible, smelling like a flying Orc would be just as odd ..."
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby EBAH » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:17 pm


Date: 15 May, 345
Time: 0012
Environment: Clear and calm
Location: North of Hadrin's Cove


Near a cave
For the next couple of hours the group rests. They also take this opportunity to get to know each other a little better. The elf offers their spoils from the orcs, to the new dwarf. Next, they continue making plans. Taking the next few hours to replenish the last of their energy reserves. Tyral beckons his companion back to help in the endeavor. Using them to draw additional energy before sending them back into the wild a fair distance away.

Just about midnight, the group starts their journey towards the castle. Tyral begins weaving his magic. Giving flight to everyone in the group, including Brago. A few minutes later the group stops several hundred yards away due west of the castle. Landing they gather to make the final assault plans. The elf offers a spell of chameleon for thoses sneaking into the orc castle. Tatyana remains back at the cave to remain as a guard for their makeshift base.

What are you next course of actions?


Butcher's Bill:
Pedat:
Ramsis: -25 PPE
Silhouette:
Tatyana: -50 PPE
Tyral: -50 PPE
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1100
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: PFRPG GM; gamenoid420

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:39 am

Perception [74%]: 1d100 = 16
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 12
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 76

PPE: 170/235
WAND PPE: 50/50
SDC: 43/43
HP: 54/54

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [4 Days], Fly as the Eagle [190.00 Min, [50 MPH, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge, +2 Damage on Diving attack]], Invisibility: Simple [30.00 Min] -6 PPE




In a firm bit low voice, Tyral addresses the others, "Alright based on our previous flyover we are looking at a southward facing Castle with a river along the east side. We know there are several buildings bunched together to form one large building. The buildings range from a single story to the tallest on at three stories tall, they used few torches ... Last night they had 6-8 sentries that we observed. Some on the ramparts, some through windows ... For most Castles, the higher up in the place your quarters, the higher your station. One would not generally look for the King or Lord's quarters to be in a cellar, or dungeon-adjacent. So, Predat and Silhouette come in from the East over the water ... Orcs are least likely to be alertly watching an area they have a natural defense like the River. I will plan to fly in a bit from the North ... Like the Northeast corner. I will stay high, at least 70-80ft off the ground unless there is a reason to land. Ramsis, You are with me initially. Stay in the air if you can, when you land your armor is likely to make a bunch more noise walking around. If you see something attacking Predat or Sil, no shouting, assist. Once the Orcs start falling, feel free to use you big pole-axe there and shove sentries off over the Walls. If they survive the fall they still have to get back in. If you see an Orc who seems to be in command, try not to kill him ... But if he loses a foot he'll be easier to catch. We can magically heal things that are not too horrible. Any questions? ...

If there are none, for Ramsis and Predat, he casts Chameleon with a warning, "If you move fast this Spell will break. If you move very slowly, you will blend into your surroundings. If you stop moving it works even better. Combine that with a night sky, and you should be almost undetectable ... but it's going to take you about 10 minutes to get there." He then casts Invisibility on himself and Brago.

OOC: Per prior GM post, the Castle is surrounded by ~100 meters of cleared area. We can launch into the sky from well past any Orc's Nightvision and descend as appropriate. Sil, letting you cast your own concealment so you can cancel spells at will. Predat, Shadow Cloak you wear probably also helps alot.

Enjoying the night breezes as he climbs Tyral thinks towards Brago, *When we get to the Castle, use the protective spell [Armor of Ithan] on your collar. It will hopefully protect you from harm my friend ...*

Tyral holds his staff at the ready and launches into the sky ...
Prowl 82%: 1d100 = 81

"Effects for Others"
Predat:
Chameleon [PFRPG Pg 190, Prowl 90% if holding still, 40.00 Min] -6 PPE
Fly as the Eagle [190.00 Min, [50 MPH, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge, +2 Damage on Diving attack]]

Silhouette:
Fly as the Eagle [190.00 Min, [50 MPH, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge, +2 Damage on Diving attack]]

Ramsis:
Chameleon [PFRPG Pg 190, Prowl 90% if holding still, 40.00 Min] -6 PPE
Fly as the Eagle [190.00 Min, [50 MPH, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge, +2 Damage on Diving attack]]


=============
BRAGO

Perception [74%]: 1d100 = 46
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 1
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 59

PPE: 21 / 21
SDC: 74 / 74
HP: 41 / 41

Effects: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away), Fly as the Eagle [190.00 Min, [50 MPH, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge, +2 Damage on Diving attack]], Invisibility: Simple [30.00 Min] -6 PPE

Brago feels a deeply buried undercurrent of nervousness from Tyral, and will fly nearby to the Wizard. Shortly ahead of the Castle Walls, he triggers Armor of Ithan (6.00 min, A.R.: 18, S.D.C.: 160/160) from his Collar of Protection.


Total: -24 PPE
Last edited by Tyral on Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Predat » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:21 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 96 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 10 1d20 = 5

Conditions: Sustain (5 days), Fly as the Eagle; Chameleon, Nightvision;
-Fright Mask/Face-Plate: During combat, wearer can mentally activate the enchantment to animate the face-plate menacingly.
--Intimidate: 1d100 = 8 / 80% or Horror Factor: 15 when activated.
--When activated, always has the initiative in combat.
--Opponents likely to view as the most dangerous and be attacked first or by greater numbers.
--A psionic see aura will not note any significant impression.

Pre Listens to Tyral and the others, accepts the spells being cast on him and waits for the others to get into position. He looks at Sil, "You ready? Not everyone is cut out to do this kind of work. I saw your mettle in the sewer, but this is nastier work. I killed most of the wolfen I've killed this way. Sneaking into warcamps and taking them from behind while I worked my way to the officers." She can handle it! "You have any poison that can paralyze? A good way to keep them quiet." If she doesn't he will give her two Doses of Basilisk's Eye (5d6 damage + paralysis for 2d4 rounds. -2 to save) and save one for himself. Try this, it is Basilisk's Eye. He then flies well around the castle till he can come in from the east over the water. He activates his Nightvision from his ring and starts to move over the water relatively slowly. He is looking for any indication of Orcs watching them.

Detect Concealment/Traps - 1d100 = 21 / 77% (Obvious)
Prowl - 1d100 = 29 / 127% (Obvious)
Detect Ambush - 1d100 = 35 / 87% (Look for Ambushes as well as looking for the best ambush locations)

When he reaches the wall he slowly glides up and carefully peeks over. If the watchtowers look doable (there is cover and he can gain access) he will hit the orcs there first. If not, he is looking for a lone orc or a pair of them. He will glide down behind them and hit the closest one from behind, he is trying to cover the mouth with one hand and slice the throat (backstab) with the other. If there are two he will help Sil with the other after he is done with the first. They hide the bodies as best they can and move on until discovered. When he is discovered he will coat his blade with the last dose of poison and try to paralyze a couple. As Pre is hunting Orcs, the others, who don't already know, realize how he came by his moniker. He activates the face plate of his armor and then he smiles right before the first strike as he feels his heartbeat pick up ever so slightly.

Use & Recognize Poison - 1d100 = 38 / 69%/61%
Intelligence - 1d100 = 11 / 77% (Picking targets and locations to hide bodies)

Basilisk's Eye: 5d6 = 17 damage + paralysis for 2d4 = 7 rounds. -2 to save When discovered and attacked he will take the time to coat his blade.

APM: 12
Init: 1d20+6 = 25 Hopefully all surprises

Attack 1: Slit throat with Toothpick. Strike: 1d20+13 = 30; Damage: 4d6+27 = 40 X3 if backstab!
Attack 2: Slit throat with Toothpick or other as necessary. Strike: 1d20+13 = 17; Damage: 4d6+27 = 43 X3 if backstab!
Attack 3: Slit throat with Toothpick or other as necessary. Strike: 1d20+13 = 27; Damage: 4d6+27 = 36 X3 if backstab!
Attack 4: Slit throat with Toothpick or other as necessary. Strike: 1d20+13 = 16; Damage: 4d6+27 = 36 X3 if backstab!
Attack 5: Slit throat with Toothpick or other as necessary. Strike: 1d20+13 = 30; Damage: 4d6+27 = 42 X3 if backstab!
Attack 6: Slit throat with Toothpick or other as necessary. Strike: 1d20+13 = 14; Damage: 4d6+27 = 37 X3 if backstab!
Attack 7: Slit throat with Toothpick or other as necessary. Strike: 1d20+13 = 29; Damage: 4d6+27 = 43 X3 if backstab!
Attack 8: Slit throat with Toothpick or other as necessary. Strike: 1d20+13 = 15; Damage: 4d6+27 = 40 X3 if backstab!
Attack 9: Slit throat with Toothpick or other as necessary. Strike: 1d20+13 = 31 CRIT; Damage: 4d6+27 = 39x2=78 X3 if backstab!
Attack 10: Slit throat with Toothpick or other as necessary. Strike: 1d20+13 = 30; Damage: 4d6+27 = 44 X3 if backstab!
Attack 11: Slit throat with Toothpick or other as necessary. Strike: 1d20+13 = 19; Damage: 4d6+27 = 41 X3 if backstab!
Attack 12: Slit throat with Toothpick or other as necessary. Strike: 1d20+13 = 15; Damage: 4d6+27 = 39 X3 if backstab!

Parry: 1d20+14 = 17 1d20+14 = 31 1d20+14 = 16 1d20+14 = 27 1d20+14 = 25 1d20+14 = 22 1d20+14 = 16 1d20+14 = 30 1d20+14 = 19 1d20+14 = 30 1d20+14 = 30 1d20+14 = 34
Dodge (as needed): 1d20+12 = 211d20+12 = 32 1d20+12 = 32 1d20+12 = 151d20+12 = 261d20+12 = 23 1d20+12 = 24 1d20+12 = 30 1d20+12 = 261d20+12 = 21 1d20+12 = 27 1d20+12 = 28
Last edited by Predat on Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 161 / 161


Armor: Panath's Vanity
OOC Comments
Legendary Enchanted Plate (full)
A.R.: 17
S.D.C.: 210
Weight: under 1 oz.
Modifiers: Superior armor
Magic Features
  • Spell Abilities (3x daily): Fly as the Eagle
  • Weightless: Wearer suffers no movement or encumbrance penalties from armor.
  • Noiseless: Armor makes no sound; wearer suffers no penalty to prowl.
  • Fright Mask/Face-Plate: During combat, wearer can mentally activate the enchantment to animate the face-plate menacingly.
    • Intimidate: 80% or Horror Factor: 15 when activated.
    • When activated, always has the initiative in combat.
    • Opponents likely to view as the most dangerous and be attacked first or by greater numbers.
    • A psionic see aura will not note any significant impression.

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Silhouette » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:13 am

JIC 1d20 = 111d100 = 44
Perc: 78% / 1d100 = 60

For a long moment Silhouette listens to Tyral wanting desperately to ask him the one scathing question before realizing,"Oh, that is for the dwarf..." As Tyral gets into directing Ramsis the changeling taps her foot behind her like someone about to start a race. She was getting excited now as anticipation for invading the castle began to break against her patience like waves against a pier. Taking several short breaths following rather loud sighs Silhouette's eyes wonder in boredom. She wants to interject at Tyral suggesting the leader lose a limb, that would inhibit her uses for him to maim the orc, but she merely shakes her head in surprise at herself. The elf was ready to gouge and cut into orcs for information and here she the one ready to garrote a victim deserving it balks at the methods It made her wonder deeply,"Why?"

Predat wrote:He looks at Sil, "You ready? Not everyone is cut out to do this kind of work. I saw your mettle in the sewer, but this is nastier work. I killed most of the wolfen I've killed this way. Sneaking into war camps and taking them from behind while I worked my way to the officers." She can handle it! "You have any poison that can paralyze? A good way to keep them quiet."


Turning to Predat the changeling finds herself wanting to suggest she lead, but feels foolish as she opens her mouth and closes it again thinking, It is just us two. Not three to four intent on valuing a scouts benefits. Opening her mouth again to answer feeling her confidence wane or was she wanting to hide her ability she says,"I... My father left me with enough basics to get by." Shaking her head to the last adds,"No, I haven't considered buying anything like that." A small fib, but she also didn't have anything like that too.

When Predat gives her the poisons she puts one away in her belt for later giving the green lizard an almost solemn nod from her height. The other she coats onto her right sheathed dwarven dagger with deliberate care, recalling this being a rather expensive concoction and to clearly not hurt herself. Nothing felt as uncomfortable as the burning palpating of your heart as embarrassment floods your self awareness, and the poison too... Use Poison: 58% / 1d100 = 94(Failure: 30% chance to affect herself; 1d100 = 94)

Flying along hopefully wearing orc garments to conceal scent(GM didn't say if anything of her post was confirmed besides recuperating) Silhouette literally shadows Predat a hand outstretched touching the man's shoulder as she moves herself in time with him as he moves forward or recedes as he does until the investigation of the watchtowers. There she waits at a distance while he looks, herself mindful to spring to action should he be attacked.

As they move in she contemplates bungling this; lowering their opinion of her abilities, but tightening lips follow as she wonders,"But I would go all out if I were employed by a client and leave no witnesses." Rolling her head on her neck she realizes the ingrained lesson,"Never to show her hand. Except, she knew this was like her father's companions, wasn't it? She didn't hold back then?" Grumbling to herself she supposes she would have to do what she could to help but not be too overt as well.

As they approach Silhouette will cast Chameleon on herself. (-10 PPE; Noted in persistent effects for totaling)
Activates Telepathy, Superior -10 ISP (Noted in persistent effects for totaling); 18min; 1100ft two-way communication) Contingency; she will relay her findings and Predat's to herself as she is able to sustain a peerless level of communication via telepathy.

Prowl: 97% (Bonus from cloak/Enhanced Perc power) / 1d100 = 7
JIC: Chameleon roll: 1d100 = 61
Benefits of Chameleon
90% undetectable if unmoving.
70% undetectable if moving 2 feet per melee round or slower.
20% undetectable if moving 6 feet (1.8 m) per melee round.
Totally ineffective if moving any faster.


Note: Fly as the eagle; (when flying +1 Parry, +2 Dodge)
JIC: Parry:(Dagger +3/Sword +1) 1d20+12 = 25 1d20+12 = 15 1d20+12 = 13 1d20+12 = 23 1d20+12 = 22 1d20+12 = 31 1d20+12 = 14 1d20+12 = 27 1d20+12 = 25
JIC: Dodge: 1d20+11 = 12 1d20+11 = 17 1d20+11 = 15 1d20+11 = 25 1d20+11 = 31
JIC: Attacks: 1d20+7 = 22 1d20+7 = 19 1d20+7 = 15 1d20+7 = 8 1d20+7 = 16

Combat:
Init:1d20+5 = 17
APM: 8
Persistent effects: Sixth Sense; Fly as the Eagle; Chameleon (28.75 min; -7 PPE); Telepathy, Superior (-10 ISP; 18min; 1100ft two-way comms); Enhanced Perception(+15% to Perception, +1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, and a +10% to any skill that relies on any of the basic senses)
Stalk capture bear hug
Bear Hug: Roll successful attack strike & under stalking skill(first number). Roll under stalking skill for cumulative 1-15% chance to knock out opponent(1-30% second attack, etc) Each successful squeeze attack also costs victim 2 actions, no initiative, 1/2 reduced attack damage, -2 strike, parry, dodge from each bear hug. Penalties are cumulative. Attacker uses 2 attacks per continued bear hug. If not knocked out by end of 2nd melee round, penalties begin again from zero. Target gets +2 parry/dodge if knows attack is coming and has initiative at start. (Attacks from behind must roll under skill each melee or target is now facing the attacker.) On failed bear hug roll while holding; target can try to break free by parry at -4, including penalties.)


Contingency: Silhouette leaves kills to Predat unless there are two and he directs her to handle them. She will likely hold them until Pre can dispatch them. She doesn't like it, but it's on Trok for being so stubborn when in the orc's mind he wanted peace but couldn't take the offer.
Discovered contingency: If they are discovered; Silhouette will draw and throw the basilisk poisoned knife in hopes of silencing before an alarm can be raised. Thrown: 1d20+ 16 dmg 4d6 / duration 2d4 minute -2 save vs deadly poison.


Action 1: Attack: 1d20+7 = 21 ; Stalk and Capture: 87% / 1d100 = 8; Deduct two attack actions per squeeze after 1st; Squeeze (Stalk 87%/ 1d100 = 99); 2nd Squeeze (Stalk 87%/ 1d100 = 38); 4th Squeeze: (Stalk 87%/ 1d100 = 29); 5th Squeeze (Stalk 87%/ 1d100 = 36); Roll cumulative 1-15% to knock out target per successful squeeze.
Action 2:Attack: 1d20+7 = 12 ; Stalk and Capture: 87% / 1d100 = 53; Deduct two attack actions per squeeze after 1st; Squeeze (Stalk 87%/ 1d100 = 96); 2nd Squeeze (Stalk 87%/ 1d100 = 98); 4th Squeeze: (Stalk 87%/ 1d100 = 87); 5th Squeeze (Stalk 87%/ 1d100 = 33); Roll cumulative 1-15% to knock out target per successful squeeze.
Action 3: Attack: 1d20+7 = 12 ; Stalk and Capture: 87% / 1d100 = 66; Deduct two attack actions per squeeze after 1st; Squeeze (Stalk 87%/ 1d100 = 83); 2nd Squeeze (Stalk 87%/ 1d100 = 41); 4th Squeeze: (Stalk 87%/ 1d100 = 31); 5th Squeeze (Stalk 87%/ 1d100 = 79); Roll cumulative 1-15% to knock out target per successful squeeze.
Action 4:Attack: 1d20+7 = 19 ; Stalk and Capture: 87% / 1d100 = 77; Deduct two attack actions per squeeze after 1st; Squeeze (Stalk 87%/ 1d100 = 89); 2nd Squeeze (Stalk 87%/ 1d100 = 70); 4th Squeeze: (Stalk 87%/ 1d100 = 93); 5th Squeeze (Stalk 87%/ 1d100 = 15); Roll cumulative 1-15% to knock out target per successful squeeze.
Action 5: Placeholders for Predat's direction or used for Stalk and Capture bearhugs.
Action 6: Placeholders for Predat's direction or used for Stalk and Capture bearhugs.
Action 7: Placeholders for Predat's direction or used for Stalk and Capture bearhugs.
Action 8: Placeholders for Predat's direction or used for Stalk and Capture bearhugs.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Gobblely, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Ya-Blik » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:28 pm


Date: 15 May, 345
Time: 0012
Environment: Clear and calm
Location: North of Hadrian's Cove


Aerial views inform the Party as they circle about the Castle and prepare for an assault on the Orcs within. What you can see and hear is greatly aided by your current perspectives.

The night sounds of the Eastern wilderness are many and varied, especially along the river. The insects, the wind through the trees, the calls of owls and other night birds, and the fish jumping in the river all intersperse with the sounds of the Orcs in the keep. They go about their business by dark, no torches or lamps at hand as one might expect of human sentries. Orcish eyes after all don't suffer overmuch by starlight. The guard towers are more lit and one can make out the dim glow of fires present there more for warmth or cooking than for light. The Orcish sentries move slowly yet seemingly with agitation. They patrol all sections of the wall and yet their dispersal and attention alike seem to be more heavily focused on the south, though there are exceptions.

As the party begins to draw close to the keep the original count seems mostly accurate. Ten or so Orcish men are visible in the battlements, with an assortment of leather, hide, and chain armors to be found among them. One Orc in heavier armor stands atop the Gatehouse of the Castle, eyes steadily southward. He stands with his arms crossed, feet firmly planted, and a stoic expression. Quietly he watches, almost without moving. With a manner perhaps even expectant he betrays no surprise as the stark peal of a horn cuts through the sounds of the night. From somewhere in the near dark the sound emerges, reverberating through quiet of the night as a single long blast, and revealing that the dark holds more now than it did a moment before. The sound is not yet fully past when the heavily armored Orc steps forward to answer with a horn call of his own, his horn having a closely similar sound though he gives a double blast on his horn instead of a single long pull. As he blows his horn the Orcish sentries appear to react with happiness, giving one another nods and slaps on the shoulder by turns. The noise of numerous cheers and happy exclamations emerges from the dark, though faint in comparison with the call and answer of horns. Soon the sounds of a group moving through the night begin to be heard as the group draws closer.

The heavily armed Orc steps to the lay his hand on the outer battlement as he calls out in the guttural language of goblinoids. (Gobblely)"Blood of Gath! Blood of Shub! All are welcome! The Sons of Urm share our salt and water freely in these trying times!"
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:00 am

Perception [74%]: 1d100 = 74
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 18
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 2

PPE: 161/235
WAND PPE: 50/50
SDC: 43/43
HP: 54/54

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [4 Days], Fly as the Eagle [189.00 Min, [50 MPH, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge, +2 Damage on Diving attack]], Invisibility: Simple [29.00 Min]




The signal horns are obvious to Tyral, who muses quietly in the night sky *Of course this would be the night they got reinforcements. Well good. It was unlikely any of these stationed here had any useful information on a large blockade of Llorn sitting in a castle 30 miles from a water-trade route without any ships ... Then again since they seem to be talking ... best to know what they are saying.* He guides himself higher up into the sky to nearly 150ft high before whispering a spell Tongues (-12 PPE, 50.00 min) and lowering himself once more to ~75ft above the ground, *The big one with the horn seems to be in charge so I guess that makes him Or'Kall ... Down on the ground there's another horn. Probably with an even more knowledgeable Orc ... well in a loose sense of the term. It would be good to know how many more are arriving ...*

*Brago, can you get a scent off that big Orc on the Wall? ... I rather think it may be a good plan to locate his quarters.*

*If we wait for the others to begin to enter the courtyard and start dropping Clouds of Slumber, the reinforcements may thing the Castle-Orcs have turned, and the Cstle-Orcs would not have any reason to expect it, so they will think the Outsiders have attacked. Hmmmm ... but that would mean waiting until the Outsiders have entered and hoping they make exactly the right mistakes ... Predat may just start killing people. Which is well enough, at that point I guess my job will expand to keeping the front gate closed. Let the Outsiders start a siege or something wondering what in Mrrlan's beard is going on in here ...*

Prowl 82% (+Invis): 1d100 = 67

*This would seem like the chance that Silhouette wanted to dig in and pass along thought ... maybe she can find out more from Or'Kall's head or let Ramsis and I know what Predat's intention is ... because I hesitate to start attacking.*

Mutely, the Wizard 'thinks' towards the girl, *Silhouette? Are you there? This is frightfully inefficient is some ways ... Is the big Orc on the Wall Or'kall? ... Does he know who is coming? Does he know how many, or where from?*

*** CONTINGENCY: If he gets no response from Silhouette, the Wizard fumes, *Boil-brained-hedge-pig of a girl ... probably fancies the big Orc now and is lost in a daydream, or she got distracted by a frakking firefly ... Fine, well. Whoever the newcomers are, we need to divide and conquer. Right now the newcomers are outside the walls. That's a divide I can maintain.*

Contingency
If anyone (other than the Orc-leader) on the wall begins to head down stairs, the Wizard will create a distraction in the form of some bad luck by casting Increase Weight on the Orc's chest (-4 PPE, 100', 1000lbs, 200.00 min) with the expectation that such an extreme change in weight will throw off balance with likely fatal effect, and is not the weight will likely be sufficient to prevent talking about the problem. If he appears dead, Tyral simply ends the spell so that when help arrives, it looks like an accident.

If someone heads to open the Gate from within, Tyral will seek to intervene casting Immobilize (-25 PPE, 60', 20 Melees, Special: Successful Save still takes 1d4 Melees to break free)) centered on the Gate (1/2 would be inside the castle, 1/2 because a Gate cannot resist, and it would act like a super Carpet-of-Adhesion grabbing up anyone who approached the gate for the next 5 minutes.

Once the Gate is secured


=============
BRAGO

Perception [50%]: 1d100 = 42
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 7
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 61

PPE: 21 / 21
SDC: 74 / 74
HP: 41 / 41

Effects: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away), Fly as the Eagle [189.00 Min, [50 MPH, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge, +2 Damage on Diving attack]], Invisibility: Simple [29.00 Min], Armor of Ithan [6.00 min, A.R.: 18, S.D.C.: 160/160]

Brago will glide down silently and place himself downwind of the Lead Orc on the Wall (while ~20ft away from the wall, either above the courtyard or above the ground outside, wind-dependent) to try and catch the scent of the big Orc (Track by Smell 90%: 1d100 = 48).
Last edited by Tyral on Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Predat » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:34 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 2 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 81 1d20 = 19

Conditions: Sustain (5 days), Fly as the Eagle; Chameleon, Nightvision;
-Fright Mask/Face-Plate: During combat, wearer can mentally activate the enchantment to animate the face-plate menacingly.
--Intimidate: 1d100 = 8 / 80% or Horror Factor: 15 when activated.
--When activated, always has the initiative in combat.
--Opponents likely to view as the most dangerous and be attacked first or by greater numbers.
--A psionic see aura will not note any significant impression.

Pre just sighs as he hears more orcs are coming in. Abyss, we have been searching for days to find what is stopping trade and now, all of a sudden, three bands of orcs all at once. Literally nothing has worked out on this ridiculous assignment. The whole town has been blockaded and I can't even find the town I've personally been to at least three different times. It is as easy as follow the road to the damn town. There is no sign of anything preventing trade, nothing. We finally find a few orcs and we are lead here. Now, right when we are ready to strike our first bastion of orcs . . . at the exact minute, two more groups miraculously appear. It was simpler dealing with raiding clans of Wolfen . . . Whatever, I'll go over the wall and hang back. Tyral seems to know what he is doing and has spells to deal with larger numbers of prey, so I'll wait for the Elf to strike the newcomers. When he moves I'll take this group from behind. He whispers to Sil, "Go back and assist Tyral, strike when the groups get close and then I'll hit this group from behind." He taps his head to let Sil know that a telepathic response is ok. Pre floats slowly over the wall and finds a place to hide back against the wall.

Detect Concealment/Traps - 1d100 = 82 / 77% (Obvious)
Prowl - 1d100 = 72 / 127% (Obvious)
Detect Ambush - 1d100 = 55 / 87% (Look for Ambushes as well as looking for the best ambush locations)
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 161 / 161


Armor: Panath's Vanity
OOC Comments
Legendary Enchanted Plate (full)
A.R.: 17
S.D.C.: 210
Weight: under 1 oz.
Modifiers: Superior armor
Magic Features
  • Spell Abilities (3x daily): Fly as the Eagle
  • Weightless: Wearer suffers no movement or encumbrance penalties from armor.
  • Noiseless: Armor makes no sound; wearer suffers no penalty to prowl.
  • Fright Mask/Face-Plate: During combat, wearer can mentally activate the enchantment to animate the face-plate menacingly.
    • Intimidate: 80% or Horror Factor: 15 when activated.
    • When activated, always has the initiative in combat.
    • Opponents likely to view as the most dangerous and be attacked first or by greater numbers.
    • A psionic see aura will not note any significant impression.

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Silhouette » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:37 am

JIC: 1d100 = 241d20 = 1
Perc: 68% / 1d100 = 2

Prowl: 87% / 1d100 = 72
Listening and Awareness -- 38% / 1d100 = 25


If Silhouette's ears could rotate they would at the nights living sounds juxtaposed by the Orc's activity as she finds herself scanning the horizon with curiosity, though she does quietly cast her Infrared Vision.(-6 PPE). If the Keep were more fully accompanied by orcs she would think they were preparing to move with so many on the walls. Watching from her lofty position she finds herself considering ill for the armored orc's bold stand in the open. From anywhere on the field she could fell that stoic fool as she thinks while activating Telepathy, Superior (-8 ISP),"I could have my bow ready If we kick the hive, one quick arrow before he can respond, but what if he's Or'Kall..."

At the activity she guesses they are waiting for their allies. The same Predat put down in the end as she thinks,"They probably expect them back any time now." Then the horn blows. If it were closer she might have startled, but from the distance it came she found it like a croon of a night bird. Her question is answered though by the reaction on the walls and the heavily armed Orc's horn and calls as she thinks,"Definitely Or'Kall."  

As swiftly as she might pull and whip a knife she lashes into the Orc's mind, Or'Kall's she assumes so as not to waste time while the opportunity lasts.

-Are you Or'Kall?

Tyral wrote:"Silhouette? Are you there? This is frightfully inefficient in some ways...  


-Are the orc clan chief's in the east being directed by one or many leaders? 

Tyral wrote:"Is the big Orc on the Wall Or'Kall?


What is your goal in blockading Llorn?

Tyral wrote:"Does he know who is coming?"


-Is there another way into the keep than the front gate?

Tyral wrote:Does he know how many or from where?"


Grumpily Silhouette thinks back at Tyral snappishly,"I'm finding that out!" A tantrum emerges in Tyral's head as Silhouette rants,"This is what your head is like? The same?!"

Silhouette reaches out to Predat in turn with Tyral communicating exasperatedly,"I wanted it differently, but... Start now. those orcs are coming one way or another." A smile comes across her tone as she finishes,"After all, it's fight or FLIGHT thanks to Tyral if it goes bad." She mentally laughs at her own jest before adding,"No kill on Or'Kall...if possible. Looks strong."

Continuing to query the orc Silhouette pries further;

-How many orcs are in the arriving clans?

-How many other clans will be coming?

(Time permitting she will transmit the summary of the answers to Pre and Tyral.)

Predat to Silhouette wrote:"Tyral seems to know what he is doing and has spells to deal with larger numbers of prey, so I'll wait for the Elf to strike the newcomers. When he moves I'll take this group from behind." Go back and assist Tyral, strike when the groups get close and then I'll hit this group from behind."


Incidentally reading the surface of Pre's thoughts Silhouette projects to Pre,"Oh, right. Tyral has his means, call if you want help, I'll be in between." Sending to Tyral the changeling says,"Predat is waiting..." An almost mental clearing of her throat is comes across as she finishes,"On you to start." Sil's face twists in the night at that last.

Sending to both Silhouette says,"You know, we could also have you Tyral float the orc leaders and the three of us could simply fly off with them for interrogation and to Llorn?" Considering Silhouette adds,"I want to go see how many orcs are in those trees...but with all of ours looking that way it would be damn curious to them to know my name without introduction against the sky." Turning her attention down to the castle Silhouette's hand on one of her Foebane weapons curious to see if the strongest orcs were near one another or dispersed. (1 use of Foebane from sword.)

With the Keep so unoccupied below Silhouette flies down and looks into one of the upper most windows in curiosity.

Conditions: Sixth Sense; Sustain (5 days) Flight of the Eagle; Thermal Vision(500ft; thermal through 4 inch of all but dirt/stone)
JIC Dodge +9; 1d20 = 1 1d20 = 1 1d20 = 14 1d20 = 17 1d20 = 17
Last edited by Silhouette on Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Gobblely, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:40 pm

Rolls Carried Forward

Tyral wrote:Perception [74%]: Original post: 1d100 = 74
D20 JiC: Original post: 1d20 = 18
D100 JiC: Original post: 1d100 = 2

PPE: 161/235
WAND PPE: 50/50
SDC: 43/43
HP: 54/54

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [4 Days], Fly as the Eagle [189.00 Min, [50 MPH, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge, +2 Damage on Diving attack]], Invisibility: Simple [29.00 Min]





OOC: Tyral doesn't really start ranting in his mind unless Sil doesn't respond.
Silhouette wrote:A tantrum emerges in Tyral's head as Silhouette rants,"This is what your head is like? The same?!"


Unable to communicate an eyeroll, the Elf responds sharply, *Same as who?! You asked to handle this. If you do not respond then we lose all communication. Going silent for the process is irresponsible.*

Silhouette wrote:Sending to Tyral the changeling says,"Predat is waiting..." An almost mental clearing of her throat is comes across as she finishes,"On you to start."


*Fine.*

Silhouette wrote:"You know, we could also have you Tyral float the orc leaders and the three of us could simply fly off with them for interrogation and to Llorn?"


*You (Sil), Predat, and Ramsis are amply able to lift an Orc apiece, but right now we do not have an easy way of identifying other Orcish leaders. You want to fly one into the sky and question him with gravity as an enforcer, go ahead. I will try to Immobilize leaders as we locate them.*

Now designated to kick things off, the Wizard opts to sow discord, *Whoever the newcomers are, we need to divide and conquer. Right now the newcomers are outside the walls. That's a divide we can maintain.*

If the Keep is less than 200ft in width, Tyral will cast Circle of Concealment on the Castle itself, *This should have an interesting effect from the forest ...*
(-15 PPE, 100' radius (200ft diameter), 600.00 Min).

If anyone (other than the Orc-leader) on the wall begins to head down stairs, the Wizard will next create a distraction in the form of some bad luck by casting Increase Weight on the Orc's chest (-4 PPE, 100', 1000lbs, 200.00 min) with the expectation that such an extreme change in weight while heading downstairs will throw the target off balance with likely fatal effect, and if not the weight will likely be sufficient to prevent talking about the problem. If he appears dead, Tyral simply ends the spell so that when help arrives, it looks like an accident.

If someone heads to open the Gate from within, Tyral will seek to intervene casting Immobilize (-25 PPE, 60', 20 Melees, Special: Successful Save still takes 1d4 Melees to break free)) centered on the Gate (1/2 would be inside the castle, 1/2 because a Gate cannot resist, and it would act like a super Carpet-of-Adhesion grabbing up anyone who approached the gate for the next 5 minutes.

Contingency_Defensive_Actions
If anything appears to catch sight of him, or sends an attack his way, Tyral will parry as appropriate with his Staff [+12]: 1d20+12 = 17, 1d20+12 = 22, 1d20+12 = 18, 1d20+12 = 23, 1d20+12 = 15, 1d20+12 = 13
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Ya-Blik » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:04 pm


Date: 15 May, 345
Time: 0012
Environment: Clear and calm
Location: North of Hadrian's Cove


Tyral raises into the air to cast Tongues, and doesn't seem to draw any attention as he does so, before lowering himself back closer. Even as he does this Brago slides down below the lip of the crenellations on the western side of the keep, as the wind drifts in his direction. He likewise appears to draw no attention as he does so. The large orc in armor turns call out loudly. (Gobblely)"Call to arms. Make every warrior ready to receive our guests! Open the gate." he says, giving a few curt gestures of command as he speaks before turning back to look out into the night.

From Brago to Tyral: I smell many. Remember their smells. One smell is hard from this far.

Predat glides up to peer between the crenellations on the eastern side of the keep. The wall-walk on that side of the keep is empty though the lone tower of the keep has some light emerging from within and is a vantage point that can observe to the east as well. It commands a view in all directions but especially overlooks the southern side of the keep and its gate. Predat slides over the parapet and begins to drift along the wall-walk to the south. Skirting the actual roof structure raising at an angle in the center of the keep flies to the base of the tower before slowly starting to drift upwards.

Silhouette moves to the base of the Eastern wall and there notes quietly in the darkness that the docks have had hasty repairs made with what looks to be crude but effective Orc craftsmanship. An assortment of small boats is present there, various and mismatched. It is a collection of small craft such as one might expect to find in common hands moving along the river. Drifting up she follows Predat over the wall and with her interest focused on the Orc leading the others she drifts to be just behind Predat at the base of the tower as he begins to drift upwards. The tower is to the east of the crenallations where the large Orc is standing, giving her a easily well within range of her mental abilities as the large warrior goes about his business.

Telepathy Happens
Silhouette Telepathically Probes for her first question: Are you Or'Kall?
Answer: Searching for the name Or'Kall finds that the memories and associations tied to it quickly indicate that when he thinks of them this is someone else.

Second Question: Are the orc clan chief's in the east being directed by one or many leaders?
Answer: They follow a great Chief named Or'Kall, unifying behind his strategy. Each Tribe, each Chief, though is still independent. Chief and Leader of their tribe. The unification is only in accepting the strategy.

Third Question: What is your goal in blockading Llorn?
Answer: We are not blockading Llorn.


Orcs inside the keep begin to audibly stir, bellowing out to one another, rousting those who may have been asleep and clattering with leather and metal as they begin to follow the command. Tyral floats down near the walls himself and is just able to hear the sound of the bar being removed from the massive double doors in the front gateway of the keep. In response he rapidly intones and casts the Immobilize spell. As the shimmering cone of energy manifests itself Tyral draws up from perhaps fifty feet away from the gate as he was forced to draw close enough for the spell. Climbing slowly he drifts upwards and back further from the wall. The Orcs in the tower and behind the crenallations above the gate start making more noise. Agitation rapidly begins to spread as there is pointing and yelling both towards the forest and about the gate. An Orc in the tower momentarily lets loose with a small horn, sounding alarm.

Instantly the sounds of jubilance and merriment coming from the woods and the Orcs drawing near become likewise agitated and their somewhat orderly approach begins to accumulate louder sounds of movement through undergrowth and brush. "Blood of Urm, the Sons of Gath are with you! We are coming! and "Fools! We can't fight them! Too many have already died trying! We should all run for our lives!" followed by further heated argument from the woods.

The large Orc looks up from the shimmering energy and the gate that is not moving and looks out into the darkness. His expression betrays fear and beyond that a deep and grim resignation before his stoic resolve recovers. When he speaks it is in a loud and booming tone. "We flee before you, Great Lords. Leaving behind all. Is this not enough? What can you want from the Sons of Urm that you could not have taken from our holds already?" he says, taking up his helm from a plain wooden table nearby and sliding it over his head. The warriors in the tower and nearby the Orc Leader himself quickly have readied bows and knocked arrows. Yet the large Orc raises a hand and they hold their fire. "What can the Sons of Urm do to stay so great a hand?" he says, his voice earnest and passionate. "If it will save my tribe, name your price, Lord."
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:20 pm

Perception [74%]: 1d100 = 71
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 8
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 79

PPE: 136/235
WAND PPE: 50/50
SDC: 43/43
HP: 54/54

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [4 Days], Fly as the Eagle [189.00 Min, [50 MPH, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge, +2 Damage on Diving attack]], Invisibility: Simple [29.00 Min], Tongues [50.00 Min], Armor of Ithan [AR 18, SDC 200/200]




Ya-Blik wrote: The large orc in armor turns call out loudly. (Gobblely) "Call to arms. Make every warrior ready to receive our guests! Open the gate." he says, giving a few curt gestures of command as he speaks before turning back to look out into the night.


*Hmmmm Very well. More warriors may be inside but at least the Gate is going to be jammed for a bit.*

Ya-Blik wrote:"We flee before you, Great Lords. Leaving behind all. Is this not enough? What can you want from the Sons of Urm that you could not have taken from our holds already?" he says, taking up his helm from a plain wooden table nearby and sliding it over his head. The warriors in the tower and nearby the Orc Leader himself quickly have readied bows and knocked arrows. Yet the large Orc raises a hand and they hold their fire. "What can the Sons of Urm do to stay so great a hand?" he says, his voice earnest and passionate. "If it will save my tribe, name your price, Lord."


**Sons of Urm and Sons of Gath? Sil? Who is the Big Orc on the Wall? What's his name? What Lords does he think he is talking to? Any names? Does he know where we can find this Or'Kall?** The Wizard cast Armor of Ithan on himself (-10 PPE, AR 18, SDC 200/200) floated upward to level himself with the Leader. Speaking in a low and level voice with confidence Tyral speaks when Silhouette gets around to responding [Charm/Impress 80%: 1d100 = 54, Performance 30%: 1d100 = 21], "You and yours have come to raid and pillage your neighbors _____ (whatever name Sil gives). You plant no crops but live as bandits, like leeches. Trade has been broken up. If you cannot play nicely with others, _____ (whatever name Sil gives), the Eastern Territories will offer you no solace from us."

Should the Orc take a swing at him, (or any of the bowman on the walls attack), Tyral will hover backwards to 4-5 feet from the wall (a difficult melee target at best) and parry attacks defensively.

JiC_Combat_Stuff
Parry [+13]: 1d20+13 = 21, 1d20+13 = 28, 1d20+13 = 15, 1d20+13 = 19, 1d20+13 = 31, 1d20+13 = 25

If more appropriate, the Wizard will simply cast Cloud of Slumber on the largest group of Orcs on either side of the Lead-Orc, (-6 PPE, 90', 40 melees, Cloud size: 20'x20'x20'), in order to isolate him.




BRAGO

Perception [74%]: 1d100 = 57
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 9
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 63

PPE: 21 / 21
SDC: 74 / 74
HP: 41 / 41

Effects: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away), Fly as the Eagle [190.00 Min, [50 MPH, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge, +2 Damage on Diving attack]], Invisibility: Simple [30.00 Min], Armor of Ithan (6.00 min, A.R 18, S.D.C.: 160/160)

Brago positions himself to assist as appropriate, but does not attack recklessly.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Silhouette » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:35 am

JIC: 1d20 = 7 1d100 = 33
Perc: 68% / 1d100 = 2



Conditions: Prowling, Sixth Sense; Chameleon, Telepathy, Superior, Sustain (5 days), Flight of the Eagle; Thermal Vision(500ft; thermal through 4 inch of all but dirt/stone)

At the orc's words and her telepathic read combined Silhouette responds by staring off into the distant south tapping fingers against the pommel of her sword at the sounds of confused orcs before telepathically imparting to Tyral,"He's not Or'Kall, maybe chief, need time. Neither name a price nor deny their hope! Talk in circles, as you do." Clipping her phrases she turns to seeking answers from the orc.

In response to quote:
Second Question: Are the orc clan chief's in the east being directed by one or many leaders? Answer: They follow a great Chief named Or'Kall, unifying behind his strategy. Each Tribe, each Chief, though is still independent. Chief and Leader of their tribe. The unification is only in accepting the strategy.


Query: "What details in full do you know comprise Or'Kall's unifying strategy?
"In detail why did the orcs accept following Or'Kall under this strategy?" (Possibly redundant if the above answers it.)
What is your name and the chief's names who are coming to this keep?

Silhouette will impart this last answer to Tyral.

Concerning the Great Lords she inquires:
When did you last encounter these Great Lords spoken of before now?
What is the story of what these Great Lords did to your people?
Where is your hold and the other holds exactly?
Where are your women and children?

Thinking she was surprised at the differences of these orcs. If she had thought Troc was the smartest of the orcs they had captured before, these were of a breed of geniuses. If not for their receptiveness the film of frustration that Troc had so unwisely rejected reason might have let her accept Tyral and Pre's willfulness to clean out the fort. Uncertain if Pre and Tyral would rather dismiss these orcs to send them on a quick journey to the grave pyre as monsters she was quickly understanding that the pair were as human as can be in their skins that look elfen and whatever Predat was. Still they weren't wholly human...
Last edited by Silhouette on Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Gobblely, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Ramsis » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:46 am

Perception [24%]: 1d100 = 54
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 12
D100 JiC: [dice]1d10/dice]

PPE: 84/84
SDC: 23/23
HP: 36/36

Skills Used -
Languages: Dwarven / Gobbely 65% - [dice]1d100[/dice]



Proximo
Prowl 80%


Current Conditions:
Ramsis - Nightvision 90 ft
Chameleon [PFRPG Pg 190, Prowl 90% if holding still, 40.00 Min] -6 PPE
Fly as the Eagle [190.00 Min, [50 MPH, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge, +2 Damage on Diving attack]]

Proximo - Night vision 60 ft




Ramsis will find a good spot and hide on the wall about 30 ft up. After a moment to still his fear, he makes a couple of quick prayers to his mistress. ’Oh mistress, please assist us in the action. If you could send some reinforcements, I would be grateful. We can show the enemy the power of Tark.”[/b]

Animate & Command Dead
Success ratio: 27% / 1d100 = 69
This ability is the same as the wizard spell with the following distinct differences.
Duration: This ability can be maintained as long as the priest concentrates on it and does not engage in other activities, thoughts, spells or prayers.
P.P.E.: 10
# OF: 3d4


Prayer of Spider Summoning
Success Ratio: 25% / 1d100 = 16
The Priest calls spiders of a particular kind.
The spiders do not arrive immediately, but will travel in their normal fashion, and carefully. The number of spiders who arrive depends on the area; only those spiders who could travel to the priest in less than an hour will even attempt the journey; If giant spiders are requested, only 2d4 = 4 very large spiders, such as Giant Timber Spider,come .


Ramsis gets into a better position on the wall. Getting up under a battlemount, he watches the fights. While he waits for his back up to arrive, Ramsis holds his stone thrower at the ready. He will use force stones to scatter any large groups of orcs. [i]’Mistress, I have faith in you. I don't know why you sent me spiders but not the animations? Is it because the cause was bad? I understand mistress. I am to walk in the light. “
User avatar
Ramsis
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:33 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Predat » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:36 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 10 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 45 1d20 = 18

Conditions: Sustain (5 days), Fly as the Eagle; Chameleon, Nightvision;
-Fright Mask/Face-Plate: During combat, wearer can mentally activate the enchantment to animate the face-plate menacingly.
--Intimidate: 1d100 = 66 / 80% or Horror Factor: 15 when activated.
--When activated, always has the initiative in combat.
--Opponents likely to view as the most dangerous and be attacked first or by greater numbers.
--A psionic see aura will not note any significant impression.

Pre hears Tyral and decides action is necessary. We can't leave them in the territories to cause more trouble. Better to deal with it here and now. If they disappear into the night who knows who they will slaughter next. He then flies in low behind the most remote located orcs and tries to take as many out from behind as possible. The tactic Pre uses until he is in full combat mode is one hand over the orc's mouth while strongly cutting the orc's throat.

Prowl - 1d100 = 1 / 127% (Obvious)
Detect Ambush - 1d100 = 47 / 87% (Look for Ambushes as well as looking for the best ambush locations)

He will will leave the bodies as they lie and keep moving forward until discovered. When he is discovered he will coat his blade with the last dose of poison and try to paralyze a couple, and then his love of combat and danger will fully kick in. Pre will avoid the large leader in hopes one of the others can incapacitate him. He activates the face plate of his armor and then he smiles right before the first strike as he feels his heartbeat pick up ever so slightly.

Use & Recognize Poison - 1d100 = 70 / 69%/61%
Basilisk's Eye: 5d6 = 8 damage + paralysis for 2d4 = 7 rounds. -2 to save When discovered and attacked he will take the time to coat his blade.

APM: 12
Init: 1d20+6 = 16 Hopefully most are surprises and after will win due to faceplate

Attack 1: Slit throat with Toothpick. Strike: 1d20+13 = 23; Damage: 4d6+27 = 40 X3 if backstab!
Attack 2: Slit throat with Toothpick or other as necessary. Strike: 1d20+13 = 26; Damage: 4d6+27 = 38 X3 if backstab!
Attack 3: Slit throat with Toothpick or other as necessary. Strike: 1d20+13 = 28; Damage: 4d6+27 = 39 X3 if backstab!
Attack 4: Slit throat with Toothpick or other as necessary. Strike: 1d20+13 = 14; Damage: 4d6+27 = 38 X3 if backstab!
Attack 5: Slit throat with Toothpick or other as necessary. Strike: 1d20+13 = 29; Damage: 4d6+27 = 43 X3 if backstab!
Attack 6: Slit throat with Toothpick or other as necessary. Strike: 1d20+13 = 23; Damage: 4d6+27 = 41 X3 if backstab!
Attack 7: Slit throat with Toothpick or other as necessary. Strike: 1d20+13 = 31 Crit!; Damage: 4d6+27 = 43 x2= 86 X3 if backstab!
Attack 8: Slit throat with Toothpick or other as necessary. Strike: 1d20+13 = 22; Damage: 4d6+27 = 45 X3 if backstab!
Attack 9: Slit throat with Toothpick or other as necessary. Strike: 1d20+13 = 33 Crit!; Damage: 4d6+27 = 37 x2= 74 X3 if backstab!
Attack 10: Slit throat with Toothpick or other as necessary. Strike: 1d20+13 = 14; Damage: 4d6+27 = 45 X3 if backstab!
Attack 11: Slit throat with Toothpick or other as necessary. Strike: 1d20+13 = 23; Damage: 4d6+27 = 44 X3 if backstab!
Attack 12: Slit throat with Toothpick or other as necessary. Strike: 1d20+13 = 17; Damage: 4d6+27 = 44 X3 if backstab!

Parry: 1d20+14 = 27 1d20+14 = 33 1d20+14 = 34 1d20+14 = 25 1d20+14 = 30 1d20+14 = 27 1d20+14 = 28 1d20+14 = 27 1d20+14 = 31 1d20+14 = 16 1d20+14 = 19 1d20+14 = 32
Dodge (as needed): 1d20+12 = 16 1d20+12 = 15 1d20+12 = 13 1d20+12 = 29 1d20+12 = 17 1d20+12 = 26 1d20+12 = 18 1d20+12 = 30 1d20+12 = 29 1d20+12 = 30 1d20+12 = 24 1d20+12 = 29

Contingency:
If he feels he is being overwhelmed he will fly up while still striking untill he is out of range and behind something.
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 161 / 161


Armor: Panath's Vanity
OOC Comments
Legendary Enchanted Plate (full)
A.R.: 17
S.D.C.: 210
Weight: under 1 oz.
Modifiers: Superior armor
Magic Features
  • Spell Abilities (3x daily): Fly as the Eagle
  • Weightless: Wearer suffers no movement or encumbrance penalties from armor.
  • Noiseless: Armor makes no sound; wearer suffers no penalty to prowl.
  • Fright Mask/Face-Plate: During combat, wearer can mentally activate the enchantment to animate the face-plate menacingly.
    • Intimidate: 80% or Horror Factor: 15 when activated.
    • When activated, always has the initiative in combat.
    • Opponents likely to view as the most dangerous and be attacked first or by greater numbers.
    • A psionic see aura will not note any significant impression.

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:44 pm

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD

Predat wrote:Pre hears Tyral and decides action is necessary. We can't leave them in the territories to cause more trouble. Better to deal with it here and now. If they disappear into the night who knows who they will slaughter next. He then flies in low behind the most remote located orcs and tries to take as many out from behind as possible ...


In the event that Tyral observes Orcs beginning to fall like wheat before a scythe in the background, he add more volume to his voice and project, "Drop your weapons and raise your hands to the sky." Barring immediate compliance, the Wizard remains hovering ~5-10ft out from the ramparts and will simply cast Cloud of Slumber on each side of the Lead-Orc, (-6 PPE, 90', 40 melees, Cloud size: 20'x20'x20'), in order to isolate him.

*** In the event that Predat's assault is being visited upon the Orcs in the forest and the sounds filter up, Tyral remarks to the Lead-Orc on the battlements, "It sounds as though your fellows below have chosen to attack our people below. Sad, I believe they were given warning." In his mind though the Wizard pleads to an indifferent higher power, **Please let them believe that we have a mass of people below ... Please do not let me about to catch a brace of arrows in the back ... and Mrrlan's beard, let Silhouette have actually gotten useful information ...**
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Ya-Blik » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:07 pm


Date: 15 May, 345
Time: 0012
Environment: Clear and calm
Location: North of Hadrian's Cove


The muscular Orc in heavy armor tightens his jaw for a moment as he looks with squinted eyes in the general direction of Tyral. Giving a curt nod his voice has the same resigned tone. As this occurs Ramsis slides into position and intones his prayers to his inhuman goddess, quietly so as to draw no attention, to no visible effect. "I expect no different. I thought you were the ones behind us. Instead you come from ahead." the Orc says, grimacing slightly. Predat has moved forward and slipped with great stealth and the silent movement of flight into the lone guard tower of this small keep. The four orcish archers there are scanning in the direction that their leader is speaking, trying to follow what is going on. Each have bows and arrows in hand, arrows on the string, as they attentively seem to search for something to aim at. "We haven't come here to raid. I swear Great Lord, we do not want to be your enemies." he says, gesturing behind him. "Will you-" The Orc is cut off by a sudden commotion as Predat grabs the rearmost archer delivers an execution style blow as only a trained assassin could. This however is impossible for the other archers in the tower not to notice as he gurgles, bleeds, and is dropped to the ground. One of the other archers cries out loudly. "No! Davik!" he exclaims even as starting to draw and loose arrows with his fellows. Predat is able to dodge the flow of arrows by dipping down under the lip of the tower crenelations and out of sight. The orcishmen begin cursing and stomping around inside the tower yet despite this Predat is able to rise and emerge quietly from another side of the tower a few seconds later and perform a second execution on another of the archers. The other two switch from bows to blades and start to close with Predat, exchanging blows briefly before one is brought down with an open body cavity and the other is driven by fright to fall over the side of the tower and onto the battlements below. Predat holds the tower alone now as far as he can tell. There is a trapdoor down that is currently barred. Tyral continues speaking to the Orc leader as he watches the carnage in the tower unfold, yet he gets merely a disgusted look in reply. The Orc leader raises his horn to his lips and blows a single long and hard bellow from the instrument the reverberates through the night.

Silhouette continues her mental interrogation sifting through images, words, memories and emotions inside the mind of the Orc leader.

"Telepathy Happens Some More"
What details in full do you know comprise Or'Kall's unifying strategy?


Or'Kall has charted a path north away from a powerful enemy in the south. This chieftain was trusted to hold this border fort and help others cross the river as they flee north. Or'Kall has a destination in mind in the wilderness of the Eastern Territories. Some sort of abandoned castle or fortification.

In detail why did the orcs accept following Or'Kall under this strategy?

The chieftains agreed it was the best way to try to preserve the tribes and survive.

What is your name and the chief's names who are coming to this keep?

Graven of Urm, Rikt of Gath, and Erka of Shub.

When did you last encounter these Great Lords spoken of before now?

Several days since they were seen.

What is the story of what these Great Lords did to your people?

A great host has burned and destroyed several Orc-holds. Holds of age and stability that will be hard for The People to replace. The tribes that lived there were mostly slain. The tribes who survived in the region fled and have been harried across the wilderness with no chance to find food or shelter. They have raided and foraged on the move, trying to stay ahead of this enemy.

Where is your hold and the other holds exactly?

To the south along the northern settled areas of the Old Kingdom in lands dominated by Orc-holds.

Where are your women and children?

My wives and sons have gone north with Or'Kall with most of my tribe and the others. The tribes still travelling will have theirs with them.
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Silhouette » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:00 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 3 1d100 = 51
Perc: 68% / 1d100 = 66

Conditions: Sixth Sense; Telepathy, Superior, Sustain (5 days), Flight of the Eagle; Thermal Vision(500ft; thermal through 4 inch of all but dirt/stone)

JIC: Dodge/parry +10; 1d20 = 9 1d20 = 3 1d20 = 4 1d20 = 8
OOC Comments
Contingency: She'll evade any startled attack, forgiving the moment of fear by flying back and then eyeing him as the below continues anyway.


Her attention mildly conceives of Pre's actions and Tyral's words as she pulls the thoughts from the Chieftain as Silhouette's eyes and mouth widen as the horn blows again. "The Old Kingdom?" Total Recall: "Silhouette had heard about the Old Kingdom having fallen to some internal strife or invasion."

Gobblely 37% / 1d100 = 63
Turning Silhouette shouts at the top of her lungs practically commanding,"Pre, silence your blades! These are not the orc's that attack Llorn, they are yet to carry out Or'Kall's crimes!" Histories of boarder skirmishes, battles, and movements equal to war pass through Sil's recollection where the Dominion of Man fought to carve their land from the Old Kingdom and where the Old Kingdom fought to hold or as often take in turn run rampant before she focuses.

Gobblely 37% / 1d100 = 80
Not as forcefully, but still a lung's worth she continues pensively,"Though they did forage as the hopeless will in flight from home..." Nodding to the Chieftain she acknowledges the need to survive before saying,"They come from the south away from an enemy great enough to fell the Old Kingdom." She knew they raided, but wishes for answers that might salvage a stay of execution from her allies. She almost feels vindicated until she recalls that Or'Kall's half of this exodus were in fact raiding Llorn, making the canal barricade rather effective too if Or'Kall was in fact responsible. Yet, that went past survival and was itself a kind of war. Even so Or'Kall's actions she thought herself just in attempting to spare these orcs, in trying to parlay with Troc and these Orc's in turn, they may be the refugee's she considered them back at the cave.

Gobblely 37% / 1d100 = 3
Ending her chameleon magic she flits with the flight from Tyral toward the Chieftain in a magical hop, to land at the Chieftain's side. Eyeing him at an angle she says as soothingly as able while speaking to all,"Sons of Urm, bad faith comes with you as Or'Kall raids and kills ahead of your journey and desire for safety. Orc ears now carry the weight of gold in payment for his crimes as you may realize in my companion's readiness to assail you. Yet, if safety and a peaceful life is your will, peace may yet be bought with the same that the Dominion asks of all orcs at a lower cost." Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 70% / 1d100 = 69 (Convincing them that peace is possible, if not to merely talk in the face of Pre's assault.)

Gobblely 37% / 1d100 = 69
She felt alien asking these questions, standing before this thick trunked orc, demanding answers as if in authority, or wiser than she felt. The words spill from her as she thinks them, each syllable demanding they prove she was right to stay Pre's blades. Speaking firmly she asks,"Are you to raid the north as Or'Kall does or is your wont to live peacefully?" Letting on that she understands more than said she asks,"What are you to do if your enemy comes here not days behind you? Will you fight bravely along side the East or again live refuse to mouth, raiding your way to the wolfen even farther north, a colder more barren north?"



Telepathy, Probe:
What in detail is following you here?
Any symbols or icons that identify this enemy?
How are orcs crossing to the north expected to find Or'Kall's new hold?
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Gobblely, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:20 pm

Perception [74%]: 1d100 = 32
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 3
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 89

PPE: 136/235
WAND PPE: 50/50
SDC: 43/43
HP: 54/54

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [4 Days], Fly as the Eagle [188.75 Min [50 MPH, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge, +2 Damage on Diving attack]], Invisibility: Simple [28.50 Min], Tongues [49.50 Min], Armor of Ithan [9.50 Min, AR 18, SDC 200/200]




Silhouette wrote:Turning Silhouette shouts at the top of her lungs practically commanding,"Pre, silence your blades! These are not the orc's that attack Llorn, they are yet to carry out Or'Kall's crimes!" ..."Though they did forage as the hopeless will in flight from home..." Nodding to the Chieftain she acknowledges the need to survive before saying,"They come from the south away from an enemy great enough to fell the Old Kingdom."


*What in the blazes? Fool girl cannot stick with a plan. She is supposed to convey information. Instead she makes her own plans ... From the South, and an enemy in the Old Kingdom?! WHAT ENEMY?!! ... Who are these Great Lords?!? Why can't she just ...?*

Silhouette wrote:Ending her chameleon magic she flits with the flight from Tyral toward the Chieftain in a magical hop, to land at the Chieftain's side. Eyeing him at an angle she says as soothingly as able while speaking to all,"Sons of Urm, bad faith comes with you as Or'Kall raids and kills ahead of your journey and desire for safety. Orc ears now carry the weight of gold in payment for his crimes as you may realize in my companion's readiness to assail you. Yet, if safety and a peaceful life is your will, peace may yet be bought with the same that the Dominion asks of all orcs at a lower cost."


*So now she discards her protections ... She just has to be the center of attention.*

The Wizard does not discard his invisibility. He speaks with clear firmness, "Drop your weapons Graven. Talk to the girl. I suppose I will go round up Rikt and Erka."[Charm/Impress 80%: 1d100 = 97, Performance 30%: 1d100 = 62]. Hovering backwards, Tyral sends to Brago briefly *Brago, give me your loudest longest Howl from the sky ... Should have an interesting effect from the forest, a flying wolf howl and a vanishing castle,* then casts Circle of Concealment on the Castle itself (-15 PPE, 100' radius (200ft diameter), 600.00 Min).

Should the Orc take a swing at him, (or any of the bowman on the walls attack), Tyral will hover backwards to 4-5 feet from the wall (a difficult melee target at best) and parry attacks defensively.

The Elf then turns and flies back down towards the forest where he heard prior horns with Brago, *Not really sure what the signal from Graven was. Either a call for aid, or a warning to flee. But if Rikt and Erka know more, we should track them down ... Come on Brago, find me some Orcs! ... After all, it's pretty clear what we need to find ... the ones with signalling horns.*

If they are successful, Tyral begins by dropping sleep clouds on the largest group of them (Cloud of Slumber; -6 PPE, 90', 40 melees, Cloud size: 20'x20'x20') in order to drop the numbers.

JiC_Combat_Stuff
If anything attacks, Tyral will Parry using his staff.
Parry [+13]: 1d20+13 = 30, 1d20+13 = 29, 1d20+13 = 32, 1d20+13 = 27, 1d20+13 = 32




BRAGO

Perception [74%]: 1d100 = 13
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 4
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 53

PPE: 21 / 21
SDC: 74 / 74
HP: 41 / 41

Effects: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away), Fly as the Eagle [189.50 Min, [50 MPH, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge, +2 Damage on Diving attack]], Invisibility: Simple [29.50 Min], Armor of Ithan (5.50 min, A.R 18, S.D.C.: 160/160)

Brago glides up about 50 feet further, then lets loose a long haunting howl. When beckoned by Tyral, the Wolf flies down to the Forest to follow his nose and ears (Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away): 1d100 = 28).
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Ramsis » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:59 pm

Perception [24%]: 1d100 = 8
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 1
D100 JiC: [dice]1d10/dice]

PPE: 39/84 at end of post
SDC: 23/23
HP: 36/36

Skills Used -
Ramsis
Languages: Dwarven / Gobbely 65% - [dice]1d100[/dice]



Proximo
Prowl 80%


Current Conditions:
Ramsis - Nightvision 90 ft
Chameleon [PFRPG Pg 190, Prowl 90% if holding still, 40.00 Min] -6 PPE
Fly as the Eagle [190.00 Min, [50 MPH, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge, +2 Damage on Diving attack]]
Miracle of Spider Climbing - hands and feet can stick to any surface at will, and they can climb up a sheer wall, or even along a ceiling, like a spider - Duration: 3 hr

Proximo - Night vision 60 ft




Watching all the killing being done, Ramsis gets an idea. ” Use the dead to help us!!” He will focus his thoughts and prayers. ” Mistress, grant me the ability to control the dead!! Time to show your power. Let it flow through me.” He will then attempt to gain control of the bodies from Predat. ’If i get my control, i can have them not move till i say.” He takes a moment to gather his thoughts. As he looks around, he gets another idea. ” Proximo, guard Sil.” As his friend moves off, He will scurry along the wall to a spot where Sil can see him. He will try to keep her in his sights. At the first sign of an attack, he will tell the nearest corpse to the attacker, to arise and strike the attacker down.




Proximo jumps off the wall from above Ramsis’ shoulder and using the walls, heads over the Sil. Using his natural agility, dodges and scurries across the distance till he is near Sil. As he moves to Sil’s side he makes sure he is seen. Once he is beside Sil, he acts like he is her familiar. When she puts her hand down, He climbs up her back and gently rests himself like a pack across her back. Using his legs to hold on, he gives the appearance of an embrace.

Animate & Command Dead: Success ratio: 27% / 1d100 = 98
This ability is the same as the wizard spell with the following distinct differences.
Duration: This ability can be maintained as long as the priest concentrates on it and does not engage in other activities, thoughts, spells or prayers.
P.P.E.: 10
# OF: 3d4 = 7 - or - however many Predat killed if less than rolled
User avatar
Ramsis
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:33 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Predat » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:11 am

Perception: 1d100 = 43 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 28 1d20 = 8

Conditions: Sustain (5 days), Fly as the Eagle; Chameleon, Nightvision;
-Fright Mask/Face-Plate: During combat, wearer can mentally activate the enchantment to animate the face-plate menacingly.
--Intimidate: 1d100 = 88 / 80% or Horror Factor: 15 when activated.
--When activated, always has the initiative in combat.
--Opponents likely to view as the most dangerous and be attacked first or by greater numbers.
--A psionic see aura will not note any significant impression.

Pre rolls his eyes as he hears Sil plead for him to stop, He sighs, what is this crazy child doing now? They're orcs and they are invading our territory. This little girl is insane. He will stop for a moment and fly straight up, his dagger still dripping with orc blood. However, if anyone shoots at him, this fight continues as he will fly directly to the archers and continue the fight. He says to Sil in Elven, "I don't know what you wish to accomplish, these are orcs and if they come across innocent easterners, they will slaughter them and take what they want." However, he will wait for a moment anyway.

APM: 12
Init: 1d20+6 = 24 faceplate for the win

Attack 1: fly up
Attack 2: Attack with Toothpick if attacked. Strike: 1d20+13 = 18; Damage: 4d6+27 = 41
Attack 3: Attack with Toothpick if attacked. Strike: 1d20+13 = 16; Damage: 4d6+27 = 43
Attack 4: Attack with Toothpick if attacked. Strike: 1d20+13 = 17; Damage: 4d6+27 = 44
Attack 5: Attack with Toothpick if attacked. Strike: 1d20+13 = 29; Damage: 4d6+27 = 37
Attack 6: Attack with Toothpick if attacked. Strike: 1d20+13 = 30; Damage: 4d6+27 = 42
Attack 7:Attack with Toothpick if attacked. Strike: 1d20+13 = 20; Damage: 4d6+27 = 36
Attack 8: Attack with Toothpick if attacked. Strike: 1d20+13 = 26; Damage: 4d6+27 = 42
Attack 9: Attack with Toothpick if attacked. Strike: 1d20+13 = 15; Damage: 4d6+27 = 38
Attack 10: Attack with Toothpick if attacked. Strike: 1d20+13 = 31; Damage: 4d6+27 = 38
Attack 11: Attack with Toothpick if attacked. Strike: 1d20+13 = 30; Damage: 4d6+27 = 40
Attack 12: Attack with Toothpick if attacked. Strike: 1d20+13 = 24; Damage: 4d6+27 = 49

Parry: 1d20+14 = 16 1d20+14 = 25 1d20+14 = 24 1d20+14 = 16 1d20+14 = 28 1d20+14 = 34 1d20+14 = 21 1d20+14 = 17 1d20+14 = 21 1d20+14 = 17 1d20+14 = 28 1d20+14 = 34
Dodge (as needed): 1d20+12 = 27 1d20+12 = 31 1d20+12 = 14 1d20+12 = 16 1d20+12 = 17 1d20+12 = 21 1d20+12 = 22 1d20+12 = 25 1d20+12 = 19 1d20+12 = 32 1d20+12 = 23 1d20+12 = 27

Contingency:
If he feels he is being overwhelmed he will fly up while still striking until he is out of range and behind something.
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 161 / 161


Armor: Panath's Vanity
OOC Comments
Legendary Enchanted Plate (full)
A.R.: 17
S.D.C.: 210
Weight: under 1 oz.
Modifiers: Superior armor
Magic Features
  • Spell Abilities (3x daily): Fly as the Eagle
  • Weightless: Wearer suffers no movement or encumbrance penalties from armor.
  • Noiseless: Armor makes no sound; wearer suffers no penalty to prowl.
  • Fright Mask/Face-Plate: During combat, wearer can mentally activate the enchantment to animate the face-plate menacingly.
    • Intimidate: 80% or Horror Factor: 15 when activated.
    • When activated, always has the initiative in combat.
    • Opponents likely to view as the most dangerous and be attacked first or by greater numbers.
    • A psionic see aura will not note any significant impression.

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Ya-Blik » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:08 pm


Date: 15 May, 345
Time: 0012
Environment: Clear and calm
Location: North of Hadrian's Cove


Predat rises into the air above the lone tower of the keep leaving it behind warm bodies still seeping blood and the tower itself newly empty and barred. Slowly he drifts higher allowing his concealing magics to blend him in against the skyscape. Soon he is confident that he is once again concealed. All this as Silhouette tries to reason with Graven. Tyral briefly gives words the exchange as well before departing to fly southwards in search of the other nearby Orc bands. Ramsis keeps himself concealed and continues to pray ardently. His prayers leave him with a sense that his goddess feels cold and distant. Even unreceptive for some reason. From within the keep the sounds of alarm, concern, and clanging metal can be heard.

Graven turns from the newly empty tower to Silhouette with a grim expression on his features. Visibly he sets aside thoughts of the slain Orcs as he focuses on Silhouette. "The Sons of Urm have never so shamed our Ancestors as to seek an easy and peaceable life. If you knew The Way you would not ask such things. We did not however come here to raid. We flee before a great enemy. An army we are unable to oppose. It has destroyed entire Holds to the south, in the Old Kingdom. Our Tribes flee north to escape it and preserve the People." he says, grimacing as he speaks. "I shall speak plainly. I have no love for the East or its peoples. Yet I would not have marched in numbers so close to Llorn without such a foe driving us. And now you ask if we would face them with you?" he says, his voice turning skeptical. "You and what army? A mighty army of Orcs has tried already! Do you think the Tribes did not fight for our Holds? If we had hope that we could win, we would have stayed and fought to do so. If Or'Kall was here I would counsel him against it, because I don't believe you can win either." he says, frustration evident in his voice. "Yet it is not for me to say what the Tribes will do. For now we are all pledged to Or'Kall. And my burden is the safeguarding of these travelers. Which means I can act more freely in how I choose to deal with you. If you truly represent Llorn and wish to parlay with the Tribes then you will need to speak to Or'Kall and the Council of Elders. To change our course would require a Moot. And, of more importance to me, if you are here Llorn has become aware of us. Or'Kall will want to know this. And that would be your chance to persuade him and the Council. I've seen your power. I follow The Way, and I honor strength wherever I find it. I am willing to honor your power and protect my people both by trying to get you an audience. And then we see if Or'Kall will call a Moot to hear your words. Yet these things are never certain. And you have shed blood of the Tribes. If things do not go well you may be called to account for this. Or for that matter, me for bringing you there." he says, hooking his thumbs through his belt as he speaks and waits for Silhouette to respond.

Telepathy Happens Another Time
What in detail is following you here?

A great army of mostly humans. They have a variety of different types of troops and weapons, including heavy siege engines. The army is supplemented by powerful magic and summoned servitors that wreak great havoc and greatly amplify both the offensive and defensive capabilities of the army itself. The Orcs feel hopeless mostly against the great magical might of the enemy which gave them small opportunity to engage against the enemy directly without being at a severe disadvantage or simply being destroyed.

Any symbols or icons that identify this enemy?

Graven was not at any of the battles against this army, so he has seen no symbols or icons. Some have been described, with varying degrees of detail, to him second hand by survivors. The symbols match with human norms, though trying to identify any one of them (much less second hand) would truly be work for herald.

How are orcs crossing to the north expected to find Or'Kall's new hold?

Graven was left with directions to pass along to the last remaining Tribes before following. He knows the way to the place Or'Kall had selected, though his memories don't have much in the way of detail about it. He doesn't know much of anything about the location itself other than Or'Kall said it would be safer for the Tribes there.


Tyral turns and flies southward. Moving apace he soon nears the treeline where his elven eyes soon spy the large group of Orcs gathering just inside the cover of the trees. The limits of Tyral's vision in the dark prevent him from seeing the entire group but there are significantly more Orcs here than he has seen thus far at the keep. Easily fifty or more are within the scope of his night sight, and the density of bodies not appear ready to abate. A double line of warriors is beginning to form up along the treeline. Behind them however are hastily moving wagons loaded with goods, supplies, and orclings. Orcish women bustle along beside and in the wagons, parallel to the line of warriors and out of the way of more Orcs coming forward from the night. As he draws near it becomes much easier to overhear their talk amongst one another. (Gobblely)"Where are they? They sounded alarm. And I thought I heard fighting. But I don't see anything. Something isn't right. Graven is a canny Chief, but he wouldn't lay a trap for us. He believes in The Way too much for that. I've seen it. So where-"

A trio of robed figures make their way into view from the darkness, walking slowly up to stand nearby the speaker. Their presence is clearly both reassuring and intimidating to the others, as silence follows in their wake. (Gobblely)"Chief Rikt. We come to support you."

Tyral is high above amongst the upper canopy of the trees by this time.
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:25 pm

Perception [74%]: 1d100 = 17
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 15
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 96

PPE: 136/235
WAND PPE: 50/50
SDC: 43/43
HP: 54/54

Conditions: Nightvision: 60', Spell Strength of 15, AR 14 [Ironhide Ring], Sustain [4 Days], Fly as the Eagle [188.75 Min [50 MPH, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge, +2 Damage on Diving attack]], Invisibility: Simple [28.50 Min], Tongues [49.50 Min], Armor of Ithan [9.50 Min, AR 18, SDC 200/200]





Tyral doesn't quite alight in the upper branches of the forest, instead he will try to keep a trunk between himself and the gathering below to whisper a couple minor spells (below) as he listens to what this Chief Rikt says to the newcomers.

Prowl 82%: 1d100 = 32
See the Invisible (4 PPE, 200', 10.00 Min)
Sense Magic (4 PPE, 120', 20.00 Min)

*Nothing can ever be simple can it?* The Wizard keeps an eye out to see if Rikt has a signallying horn that matches Gravens, try and count warriors, determine if he sees any Magic weapons, and the general condition of these Orcs (healthy? ragged? Injured?).

Surgeon/Medical Doctor 87/77%: 1d100 = 8
Biology 87%: 1d100 = 28



BRAGO

Perception [74%]: 1d100 = 46
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 1
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 9

PPE: 21 / 21
SDC: 74 / 74
HP: 41 / 41

Effects: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away), Fly as the Eagle [189.50 Min, [50 MPH, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge, +2 Damage on Diving attack]], Invisibility: Simple [28.50 Min], Armor of Ithan (5.50 min, A.R 18, S.D.C.: 160/160)

Brago silently sticks nearby Tyral.
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Predat » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:50 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 22 / 70%
JiC: 1d100 = 41 1d20 = 13

Conditions: Sustain (5 days), Fly as the Eagle; Chameleon, Nightvision;
-Fright Mask/Face-Plate: During combat, wearer can mentally activate the enchantment to animate the face-plate menacingly.
--Intimidate: Horror Factor: 15 when activated.
--When activated, always has the initiative in combat.
--Opponents likely to view as the most dangerous and be attacked first or by greater numbers.
--A psionic see aura will not note any significant impression.

Pre flies above waiting to see what comes next. He listens to the chief explaining their presence here. Honestly, who cares, they will be a threat that the Brigade will have to deal with. So who chased them here? Giants? Not numerous enough for an army of orcs to run from? Maybe an army of elves finally left one of their dying cities to come forth and reclaim the old kingdom? Those are tales told to scare children. The remaining cities are dying off and it is doubtful any could mount much of an impressive army. Maybe the Gromek? Could be. Why am I guessing? Sil should be finding out by looking in the orc's head. Will have to let Llorn know the possibility of an army to south and now an orc army to the north. Lovely!
Predat Tor

Sixth Sense
Natural A.R.: 12
Horror Factor: 13
H.P.: 72 / 72
S.D.C.: 161 / 161


Armor: Panath's Vanity
OOC Comments
Legendary Enchanted Plate (full)
A.R.: 17
S.D.C.: 210
Weight: under 1 oz.
Modifiers: Superior armor
Magic Features
  • Spell Abilities (3x daily): Fly as the Eagle
  • Weightless: Wearer suffers no movement or encumbrance penalties from armor.
  • Noiseless: Armor makes no sound; wearer suffers no penalty to prowl.
  • Fright Mask/Face-Plate: During combat, wearer can mentally activate the enchantment to animate the face-plate menacingly.
    • Intimidate: 80% or Horror Factor: 15 when activated.
    • When activated, always has the initiative in combat.
    • Opponents likely to view as the most dangerous and be attacked first or by greater numbers.
    • A psionic see aura will not note any significant impression.

Soundtrack:
Riders on the Storm
Marilyn Manson - Killing Strangers
''Bad'' by Royale Deluxe
Valley Of Wolves - Chosen One
User avatar
Predat
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm
Location: PFRPG - Group 1

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Silhouette » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:46 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 71d100 = 40
Perc: 68%/ 1d100 = 5

Conditions: Sixth Sense; Telepathy, Superior, Sustain (5 days), Flight of the Eagle; Thermal Vision(500ft; thermal through 4 inch of all but dirt/stone)

Lore: Culture & Customs (Eastern Territory) 42% 1d100 = 39(To recall the Orc's history and concept of the Way.)

History -- 47% (Orcs) / 1d100 = 86 {Understanding the Way and how it impacts them in the past.}

JIC: Dodge 1d20+10 = 25 /Parry: 1d20+11 = 24

As the words of Graven continue and end the changeling laughs before slamming a hand onto her smiling mouth saying from behind her hand,"Yes, what army is true." Clearing her throat and lowering her hand she nods,"I think you are a sma...uh..wiser orc than I have met 'till now. Magic and means can be an equal force to any army that lacks it." Looking off to the woods where Tyral's warm form floats over the orc's creeping along the tree line, Silhouette nods looking Graven in the eyes saying,"But you probably know that if you took your People away as quickly as you did, without yourself having even seen them."

Tossing her head toward the tower Silhouette commiserates giving warning against hostilities,"I won't be able to pull my friend up there back from the brink again if he is made to start fighting once more." tapping her foot Silhouette crunches her eyes behind her leaf embossed helm,"I know not much of this Way, but if fighting is a part of it where peace is not, you will heave a serving of war onto yourselves beyond your means to chew, if you make no effort at all. Wolfen north, the East beside, and a southern threat you are already fleeing." Leaving off the West blockading the harbor, Sil decides that would perhaps be the same as suggesting they siege Llorn. Crossing her arms she leans her hip against the table Graven had taken his helm from before as she states,"That is, it does not help you to flee the burning hut to have it fall upon you outside from cutting the tethers."

Holding up a hand Silhouette says," A moment, my allies cannot hear these words, I need to tell them of your standing...neutrality and of this Council."

Glancing to Tyral's form while keeping Graven in her peripheral the changeling reaches out telepathically to the elf imparting,"The Chief Graven here is willing due recognition of our strength, to take us to Or'kall for a possible Moot of their Council if we argue well with Or'Kall, who a Moot rests upon in deciding. At worst, we'll know where Or'Kall and their Elders are, which applies to the original task from Llorn if it comes to that. They have a code where peace is not likely, but maybe as a blade cuts, we might guide the path elsewhere than Llorn."

Turning back to Graven the changeling asks,"Who of your People that you trust could recall the symbol's this southern enemy wore? As to blood shed, lets try and make it go well then?" Smiling as she says so Silhouette reaches into her dimensional bag fishing around until she feels the brandy bottle and pulls it out before questioning,"And what of your friends in the trees? Will they mind camping outside the keep's gate tonight while you and I speak more of what the Way is to your people? I would like to know it before the morning comes and well before meeting Or'Kall. 'Lest we spend all that meet arguing." Setting the brandy on the table she continues,"You want to put your people in the tree-line at ease with that horn?" Nodding she adds,"And speaking of, when have you all last eaten? My friend here is a priest of Tark and if given a kind word to his deity, might be convinced to ease some of your injured, if he is inclined?" Glancing at Ramsis the forsaken mage reaches up to the spider on her shoulder and pets it down its spines whispering,"Sneaky, aren't you?"
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities); Languages: Eastern, Elven, Dwarven, Wolfen, Gnomish, Gobblely, Sign-language
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Tyral » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:34 am

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD

================

Silhouette wrote:Glancing to Tyral's form while keeping Graven in her peripheral the changeling reaches out telepathically to the elf imparting,"The Chief Graven here is willing due recognition of our strength, to take us to Or'kall for a possible Moot of their Council if we argue well with Or'Kall, who a Moot rests upon in deciding. At worst, we'll know where Or'Kall and their Elders are, which applies to the original task from Llorn if it comes to that. They have a code where peace is not likely, but maybe as a blade cuts, we might guide the path elsewhere than Llorn."


*Very gracious of Graven to offer to allow us to entirely forego any kind of element of surprise and bring us 4 to a location where we can be even further outnumbered. If you can get an image of this Or'Kall, I can track him via Spell as long as we are within 100 miles ...* The Wizard's mental response is clearly dubious, * Mrrlan's beard girl!! ... It is all well and good not to want to engage in wholesale slaughter Sil, but we have no authority to speak for Llorn. What is it you want to Argue without any standing to do so? How many days would we need to travel to get there? Days that these Orcs can slit our throats in our sleep or poison us, or any number of other things? ... There are good Orcs and bad. Can you count on every one of these being good and noble? I thought you were fond of that little Jakkin fellow. Has Predat or Ramsis weighed in? Can you tell us what you are proposing? The idea seems half-baked at best from here. There are over 50 Orcs out here, plenty of Warriors, and what could be shamans or dark-priests ... *


OOC: Perhaps get a token for introduction, but it is important to preserve our ability to operate effectively and do our own approach rather than give Everything up for the potential to have a Moot and speak (without any authority at all).
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235


Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21


Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
User avatar
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group A)

Postby Ramsis » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:09 pm

Perception [24%]: 1d100 = 5
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 1
D100 JiC: [dice]1d10/dice]

PPE: 49/84 at end of post
SDC: 23/23
HP: 36/36

Skills Used -
Ramsis
Languages: Dwarven / Gobbely 65% - [dice]1d100[/dice]



Proximo
Prowl 80%


Current Conditions:
Ramsis - Nightvision 90 ft
Chameleon [PFRPG Pg 190, Prowl 90% if holding still, 40.00 Min] -6 PPE
Fly as the Eagle [190.00 Min, [50 MPH, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge, +2 Damage on Diving attack]]
Miracle of Spider Climbing - hands and feet can stick to any surface at will, and they can climb up a sheer wall, or even along a ceiling, like a spider - Duration: 3 hr

Proximo - Night vision 60 ft




Ramsis makes his way down the wall. ”KI have no idea what the lass is thinking, But i will follow her lead.” As he makes the halfway mark, Ramsis notices the trapdoor. {i]”I wonder how much it would take to keep that shut? Lets find out.”[/i] He carefully, makes his way to the trapdoor, and sits down. Dropping all his weight as well as the weight of his gear on it. ”That should hold it for a bit.”
User avatar
Ramsis
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:33 am

Previous

Return to Fantasy Adventures

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron